Legacy by Kyra Storm
Summary: This story is based on Challenge #87 on the Bloodshedverse, issued by Bloodshed Baby. The challenge reads like this: Another early season "lost somewhere and having to rely on each other to survive" Spuffy story in the same vein as Castaway, Stranded, The Game series, etc. (Oh come on, you know these kind of fics are fun). The challenge? Trying to come up with a plot/story line that is somewhat unique (or not) yet keeps us on the edge of our seats. Can be time travel, stuck somewhere, kidnapped, etc. Set in Season 3, after Lover’s Walk, Vampire Council decides to punish those responsible for the state the Aurelius line is in and kidnap Buffy and Spike.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 54088 Read: 21849 Published: 05/29/2005 Updated: 05/25/2006

1. Vampire Council by Kyra Storm

2. Kidnapped by Kyra Storm

3. The Garden by Kyra Storm

4. Cleaning Up by Kyra Storm

5. Food Supply by Kyra Storm

6. Wet Dreams by Kyra Storm

7. The Creature by Kyra Storm

8. Chapter 7: Trust Given by Kyra Storm

9. Dreams of the Past by Kyra Storm

10. Chapter 9: An Ally by Kyra Storm

11. Chapter 10: Feeding the Hunger by Kyra Storm

12. Quenching the Desire by Kyra Storm

13. Waking Up by Kyra Storm

14. Chapter 13: Torn by Kyra Storm

15. Chapter 14: Betrayal by Kyra Storm

16. Chapter 15: Power by Kyra Storm

17. Chapter 16: The End by Kyra Storm

Vampire Council by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
I know I don't need another WIP, but I saw this challenge and things started coming together in my mind. So I could either write it or let it keep me up at night.
In a large, dark room they sat behind long wooden tables that lined three walls. In the center sat the oldest, Matsema, the Father of most the current Families. It was his fortress they gathered in deep in the jungles of the Congo. Just looking at him it was hard to believe that this vampire had enough power to destroy everyone in this room. He sat slouched in a chair, his fangs so pronounced; it was almost hard to understand when he spoke.

They did this once every century, the Heads of the Clans gathered together for a month. They discussed possible threats and they solved Blood Feuds that developed over the past century and were becoming dangerous for their kind. They also reestablished their connections to their Sires and Grandsires, receiving some rejuvenating blood from the oldest among them.



They sat according to their age and power. The ones in the center, all well over two thousand years, in no way resembled humans, instead appearing more like shrunken gargoyles.

The ones at the end, only around one thousand years, even in their demonic visage, appeared more human; when they changed they could still pass for their mortal counterparts.

“Now on to one last topic for the day.” Matsema rasped. He gestured to the empty chair on his right. “Most of you know of the great loss we suffered recently. The House of Aurelius has been all but destroyed from within and the Slayer has killed my favored child, the Head of that House. We must decide whether to elect a new Head of that line and gift him with their power or whether to end the line now.” He sighed. “Even though it saddens me greatly, I must recommend that we just end the line, there is no one I believe who could take his place. We will vote on this at the end of the month.”

There wasn’t really a need to vote, all the older demons would vote how their Sire wanted them and none of the younger ones would dare to go against him.

Not that they didn’t plan.

Almost at the end of the table sat a female vampire. She had been around since the time of Cleopatra; in fact she was the favored maid of Cleopatra. It was her that had brought the asp to her mistress that would end her life.

Ipwet had followed under Matsema, for her entire existence. She fought and clawed her way up to become the Head of her own Family, but still it wasn’t enough. She was tired of the old ways; she was tired of hiding in the dark from a weaker species. She wanted to wipe out the humans, except for the ones they kept in farms for food.

She wanted to own this world.

But Matsema insisted that for them to survive the Balance must be maintained. It had been almost a thousand years and Ipwet was getting impatient. She knew she had to come up with a way to topple Matsema and soon.

“I also wish to vote today on a matter of punishment.” Matsema continued. “Punishment for the ones responsible for the state of the Aurelius Line, punishment for the one who killed my Childe, and punishment for the one who killed the Anointed One, the means through which my Childe was meant to return.” He looked at each vampire sitting around him. “Is there anyone who opposes that?”

Of course no one did.

“Then I sentence Buffy Summers, Vampire Slayer and William the Bloody to an immediate death. Get the word out to all of your Families and let the sentence commence right away.”

Knowing they were now dismissed, they began to rise to leave.

“Sire, wait,” Ipwet called from the back. Everyone stopped wondering why this young one was contradicting their Father.

“You have a problem with this?” Matsema growled at her.

“No Sire, I just think that your grief has made you overlook other options.”

“Such as?”

”Well, an immediate death is pretty easy for such heinous crimes. Why not make them suffer? You could have them brought here, put them in your…garden with your other pets. Make them know fear and pain before they are finally put down.” She said with a cruel smile. “Plus it will provide up with some entertainment while we are here for the next month.”

Matsema considered. “I like the way you are thinking, Ipwet.” She knew it was supposed to be a great honor that he knew the name of one so young, such as herself.

“Send the word out. They are to be captured and brought here immediately. I want them to arrive within the week.” He said.

The meeting over everyone left to go contact their Childer.

As she was leaving another vampiress caught up with her. “What was that all about?” She demanded.

Ipwet motioned her to silence and then beckoned her to follow her, several of the other younger vamps followed as well.

If they were allowed to be considered an actual faction of this Council, Ipwet would be their leader and all of them were curious as to what she was up to.

When they reached her set of rooms they waited in silence for her to begin. “With the destruction of the Aurelius line, all that power, second only to Matsema’s, would be separated out amongst us. The oldest lines would of course get the largest percentage. If instead the mantle is given to one easily controlled or sympathetic to our cause, then we are suddenly in a much better position.”

“So who are you thinking of?” The other vampiress, Rangda, asked her. Rangda was from Bali, there were stories told in legends their of her penchant for the blood of children. “Surely not William the Bloody.”

“He’s sought after and killed two Slayers, a feat no other has accomplished.”

”Simply because he sought them out, the rest of us are smart enough to stay away from Slayers.”

“He also has no love for the Old One’s, he cares nothing for their ways and traditions.”

”So how exactly do you plan on him going from a death sentence to a Head of the second strongest Family?”

“I’m not sure yet, but I want everyone trying to think up a way. I’m tired of living under the humans. We should be the rulers of this realm.”



In his car driving back to South America, back to Drusilla, Spike was cursing. He was still annoyed with his Grandsire and that bloody Slayer.

He could respect her as a warrior, as enemies went she was pretty ok. He even admired her fighting style, but when it came to men, she was obviously dense.

Why would she keep putting herself in the position of temptation? All she was going to get was heartbreak from the Poofy One.

And if she unleashed Angelus again, he hoped she would be ready for the fallout, because he sure as hell wasn’t going to be around to save her this time.

‘Why the hell are you worrying about the Slayer, mate?’ Part of him was asking. ‘Serves the chit right if she gets what she keeps asking for.’

Spike reassured himself by choosing to believe he was only worried because Dru would definitely leave him for her Sire. And this time she wouldn’t even keep him around as a novelty pet.

Spike wished that just once he would come first in her mind. He took care of her, loved her, acceded her every wish. He had been faithful to her for the past century and he didn’t know what else he could do to win over her heart. No matter what he did, her precious Daddy was always the only one to her.

He wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone who loved you as much as you loved them.

Thoroughly depressed now, he decided to stop at a demon bar he knew of just south of Tijuana.

A couple bottles of whiskey would chase these blues away, he thought.

He pulled in just after 2am and walked up to the bar ordering a whiskey and some blood. He noticed some of the vamps stopped what they were doing to look at him, but he figured they were just checking out the new Tom Cat in town. He grinned; he could take anyone of these Fledglings, probably even any three or four of them.

He drank is his blood and whiskey slowly as he again turned his mind back to Drusilla; he needed to come up with a plan. Maybe he would take her some young virgins to play with, she always loved the young innocent girls. He thought she took pleasure in destroying them the same way Angelus had destroyed her. He figured that along with some heavy torture sessions and she would be his again.

“Excuse me?” The bartender interrupted his thoughts.

“What?” Spike growled unhappy at having his thoughts interrupted.

“Are you William the Bloody?”

“What of it?” Spike snarled, then he felt it. He turned around and saw every vamp in the bar had gone and got all their friends. They stood around him in a circle.

“You kiddies trying to make a name for yourselves.” The thought flitted through his mind that it was a shame the Slayer weren’t here. She would have loved these odds and he actually had fun fighting on the same side as her. He prepared himself for the first strike.

Too bad he forgot about the bartended. With a loud crash he broke the bottle of whiskey over Spike’s head knocking him unconscious.

“Let’s get him on his way, boys. Some important vamps are asking to see him.” The bartender said as they started to tie him up.



Buffy wandered through one of the cemeteries, trying not to think about what Spike had said the other night. She had been trying not to think about it ever since he said it.

Why was he always so right about things? She swore he only did it to annoy her.

Plus, it so wasn’t fair, that Spike, of all vampires, seemed to be capable of undying love and devotion with or without the soul. If he could do that why couldn’t Angel?

She wondered what it was about him that allowed his demon to have such feelings and emotions. She also wondered what it was like to have someone love you that much.

The poetic justice of it all was the fact that she knew Drusilla didn’t love Spike in the same way. She knew all it would take would be for Angel to have another happy and Drusilla would come running right back into town, even if she had to stake Spike on the way.

Buffy noticed vaguely a tingling inside her. It was about time, she hadn’t come across any vamps yet tonight. Suddenly, the tingling got stronger as the number multiplied. She knew there were more of them then she would be able to handle by herself. She turned to go back the way she came, but she felt more of them coming from that direction.

Every way she tried to go, they were there, just outside her sight. Finally accepting that she was surrounded she pulled out her stake.

“Let’s get this over with guys. I have some ‘Must See TV’ I need to get home for.” She swallowed her fear when she saw how many of them came out of the mist. For a second she almost wished Spike were here. It had surprised her how much fun she had fighting with him instead of against him. They worked well together and she knew if he were here she wouldn’t be nearly so afraid right now.

They started coming at her all at once. She managed to dust three of them, but then two others grabbed her arms. She struggled in their grasp, kicking away anyone who tried to approach her from the front. Finally a large vampire came up behind her and slammed his fist down on the top of her head.

“Owie.” Buffy said before unconsciousness claimed her.

The vampires eyed her hungrily.

“Can’t we just have a little taste? Who knows when we’ll get another chance at a Slayer.” One of the bolder ones asked.

The large vampire picked up Buffy’s stake and drove it through the one who asked.

“Any one else want a little taste?” He knew better than to disobey orders like this.

“All right, lets secure her and deliver her.”
Kidnapped by Kyra Storm
Chapter 1:

Spike had no idea where he was going or how long they had been traveling. He believed it had only been a few days since his capture, but he couldn’t be sure. They had incarcerated him in a small metal box, with no holes or openings anywhere on it, except for a little slit at the top his captors used to drop blood packets in.

After drinking the first one and finding it laced with sedatives that knocked him out for an indeterminate amount of time he vowed not to drink anymore.

Unfortunately, trapped as he was with now way to tell how many hours were passing, hunger had begun to eat away at him. He finally drank the blood just so he could sleep and alleviate the overwhelming boredom. He knew there was no way out of this for him at this time. All he could do was wait and hope that someone slipped up whenever they decided to remove him from his tiny cage.

During the time he was awake, he racked his brain trying to figure out who would have done this to him. His first thought was Drusilla, wanting to punish him for returning to Sunnydale and proving her right about his fascination with the Slayer. The fact that he went there for a love potion to get her back wouldn’t convince her any different. Then he thought about the Slayer herself, but she wouldn’t use vampires to hunt him down.

Then there was Angelus. He couldn’t help but wonder if the Slayer had made him a happy vamp again. This would be right up his alley to send some lackeys after him and transport him back to Sunnyhell in this box.

The only problem with that was they had been traveling way too long just to head back to Sunnydale.

There was a loud noise and he felt his little box move slightly. He heard noises of vamps approaching. He braced himself, hoping this was going to be his chance to escape.

“Should we wait for the other team to get here so we can move them both together?” One voice asked.

“Nah, I hear they are having trouble with her, we don’t want to get caught up in that. Let’s just get him inside.”

The box was tilted and then Spike could tell he was being carried somewhere. They were obviously climbing up a staircase by the angle they were holding him at and the constant jostling as they climbed upwards. The farther up they went the more Spike could sense power coming from above.

They finally reached the top of the stairs and he could hear the squeaking noise of a large door being swung open on its hinges.

By the time they sat him down, Spike didn’t need anyone to tell him where he was. The feeling of power and family surrounding him, gave him that answer.

He heard them undoing the locks on his prison before they lifted off the lid.

He didn’t stand immediately. First he let his eyes adjust to the light that his eyes had become accustomed to not having.

When he did stand, he did so slowly and made a great show of stretching his cramped muscles and cracking his neck before acknowledging his surroundings. He stared directly at the vampire in front of him. This was the one all the legends and stories were about. Mastema.

Spike had heard he had been around since the time of Job. It had been him that had killed the man’s family and slaughtered his livestock. He was also rumored to have been chosen as the head of the vampires by asking God, himself, to give him control over these demons to exercise his authority because they were intended to lead corrupt and lead astray the evil sons of men before God’s judgment. On his death bead Isaac promises that neither Mastema, nor his spawn will have the power to turn Jacob or his descendants.

Of course who knew how much of that was myth or truth. It was impressive that he was mentioned in the Old Testament, though.

“I got your invitation.” Spike said with a smirk as he gracefully stepped out from the box. “The travel accommodations left a little to be desired though.”

There were gasps around him, as the others were outraged at his lack of respect.

“You should be on your knees, miscreant.” A voice shouted. Several more joined in shouting their agreement.

Spike turned in a circle slowly, meeting the eyes of each and every vampire in the room levelly. The older vampires looked at him with hatred and easily recognizable blood lust, the younger ones didn’t hold the hatred in their eyes the older on had. Instead they looked at him with something close to curiosity or interest. One vampiress in particular gave him a small smile that almost looked like respect.

Spike wondered what that was all about.

When he had turned around three hundred and sixty degrees and was facing forward again Mastema held up his hand and everyone was silenced.

“Why don’t we bring in our other guest?” He said with a cold smile.

The heavy doors swung open again and Spike turned to see who the other ‘guest’ was and finally lost his cool façade, gasping at what he saw. Had he not been familiar with her unique signature that always alerted him to her presence he might not have recognized her.

“Slayer?” He all but whispered, bewilderingly.

Her hair was greasy and matted to her head, her clothing was dirty, torn and by the smell of her she hadn’t showered or bathed in quite a while. Her eyes were surrounded by black from her makeup that had smudged and not wiped away.

Around her neck was a heavy, metal collar about two inches wide, with four metal around it. Attached to each metal ring was a three-foot long metal poles with chains running out from the ends. Four vampires held the end of these chains. From her appearance and the blank look in her eyes, Spike assumed they must have broken her on the trip here.

Then they began to escort her in. As soon as they moved she began kicking out. The poles made sure she couldn’t reach any of them, but that didn’t stop her from trying. She clawed at the collar with her hands desperately.

She had to sense as well as Spike could the strength and age of the vampires present. Even if she managed to get free, she had to know there would be no way out for her.

Yet that didn’t stop her from fighting them, she seemed determined not to give.

Spike respected her resilience.

At one point when she kicked out with her right leg, the handlers on her left hand side pulled sharply causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. The vampires around the room laughed as they began dragging her quickly towards the middle of the room. She scrambled to stand so they wouldn’t keep dragging her causing her to choke and cough.

When they finally came to a stop, next to him, Spike could see now that some of what he thought was dirt was actually dark bruises on her skin and she smelled even worse close up.

Spike had the urge to lean down and help her stand up, but he refrained. He wasn’t sure what he had done to incur the wrath of the most powerful vampires in existence. Actually he had actually committed any number of crimes that would earn him the right to be here like this, he just wasn’t sure what they knew about. Either way he doubted that showing kindness to a Slayer would help him in any way.

He might be reckless, but he wasn’t an idiot.


Buffy lay there panting from exertion. Days, possibly a week or more trapped in darkness. A large metal crate, no bathroom, no bed. They would throw rotting food at her. She even tried to eat it in an attempt to keep her strength up. Some of it she could stomach, some of it made her ill. She spent most of her time engaging in meditation techniques that Giles had been trying to teach her designed to improve her skills. If it weren’t for them she probably would have gone mad.

When they had finally arrived here her Slayer senses went crazy. She felt like someone had attached live wires to her. When they opened the box she made no movements or noise and they had mistakenly assumed they had broken her.

“She gave you trouble?” Mastema growled out.

His voice caused the currents running through Buffy to strengthen noticeably.

“She killed six of my men before we could get the collar on. It took another twelve to get it done.” The large vampire who had first captured her in Sunnydale answered.

“And she injured four of them.” Another vamp muttered.

“Would you shut up!” The first vampire snarled.

“Silence.” The voice booming like that caused all of Buffy’s muscles to tense. Every instinct in her body was calling out for her to destroy the owner of that voice. She concentrated on controlling herself, knowing now wasn’t the time. She wasn’t going to get very far. She finally caught her breath and looked up.

As soon as she saw the shrunken figure in the center, who kinda reminded her of one of those hairless cats, she knew he was the one. He was the leader of them all.

She observed him for a few moments while he continued addressing her captors.

“Your arrogance cost you your men, and could have cost you your life had she managed to get free.” He looked directly at Buffy and she felt her lips curl into a snarl. “Be thankful you don’t join her in her fate.” A shiver ran through her, revulsion not fear.

“Welcome Slayer.” He sounded so smug and happy now. “This is the first time one of your kind has ever come here.”

Buffy turned her head and took in her surroundings.

No wonder her Slayer senses were going nuts, every one of these vampires was old and powerful. She looked towards the other side of the room and swallowed. In her present state she didn’t think she could handle one of them, much less this many.

She was going to die here.

Fear finally broke through the wall she had been keeping it behind and steadily began to grow into panic. She tried to rein it in, not wanting to give them the satisfaction of smelling it on her.

Then she noticed someone standing next to her, someone who felt familiar. She noticed the dark Doc Martens first.

Fear was replaced by white-hot rage.

“Spike!” She hissed. She jerked so suddenly her handlers almost lost their grip on her chains, but they managed to pull her back before she reached her quarry.

She hit the floor choking and gasping. “What have you done?” She wheezed in between coughs. She didn’t take the time to wonder about the pain of betrayal she felt.

“That’s what I’d like to know, Slayer.” Spike commented.

She glanced at him in confusion. If he wasn’t the one behind this, then why was he here?

He jerked his head towards Mastema. They both turned their eyes back towards the powerful vampire.

“William the Bloody, you are here for the murder of the Anointed One.” Mastema began.

Spike exploded. “WHAT?” He roared. “Of all the things I’ve done over the years you want to come after me for offing that little…”

”SILENCE!” Mastema bellowed. Spike quieted immediately, but only because he had no choice under the influence of the Sire’s voice. He almost growled in anger, but stopped himself. That would be considered a direct challenge.

“He was the vessel which would allow the Master of you line to return. Mastema finished.

If anything that only made Spike happier her got rid of him when he had the chance.

“Buffy Anne Summers, you are charged with the death of my favorite Childe and the Master of the Aurelius line.”

He paused dramatically, perhaps waiting for them to realize the severity of their crimes.

“And now for your punishment…”

“You mean having to look at you wasn’t punishment enough?” Buffy asked.

Spike tried to hide his smirk. He did.

“Sire, we should just kill her right now.” The vampire next to Mastema said. He was almost as pretty as Mastema, himself.

“No, this is going to be much more entertaining.” He laughed and addressed Buffy. “Your smart comments are not going to save you. You are both sentenced to life imprisonment in my Garden. Not that you will live long. I have a zoo of sorts there. I have collected many different species of demons that have long since left this realm.” He sat back in his chair. “Know that we will enjoy watching you get ripped apart.” He smiled in delight and gestured with his hand.

“Take them away.”

As soon as the guards closed in around Spike he dropped into a defensive position. His plan was to go out fighting, no incarceration for him.

“Stop.” Again Mastema used the Sire voice on him and he had no choice but to obey. This time he did growl at the older vampire, but he didn’t even respond to the challenge.

Spike noticed that Buffy had resumed her desperate struggle, but there was no hope for her either. A vampire got close enough behind her to kick her soundly in the head and she slumped to the ground.

Spike’s guards restrained his arms and put a collar on his neck similar to Buffy’s before they began taking him out of the room. Buffy’s guards just drug her unconscious form.
The Garden by Kyra Storm
Chapter 2: The Garden

They led the prisoners through a maze of hallways and corridors moving farther down staircases or ramps all the time, until Spike finally gave up trying to keep track of what direction they were headed in. He would never remember all these twists and turns, he knew.

He glanced at the Slayer being led ahead of him. She had finally stopped struggling with her captors when the reached the first steep staircase, not wanting to have her neck broken. The fire of hatred was still burning brightly in her eyes, however.

Spike couldn’t help but admire her again. He didn’t know of any other being, human, vampire or Slayer that would be able to stand before a room full of their sworn enemies, be sentenced to death and wet themselves in fear. Yet this girl, not only didn’t cower, she still had the fight left in her. The chit either didn’t have the smarts to realize she was already beaten or she had some pretty hardy stones.

“So what’s up with Garden thing?” She asked the guards. “I hate to say this, but I’m allergic to a lot of different flowers.” She smirked when they ignored her. “What’s the matter? Big Bad vamps afraid of little old me?” She taunted them sweetly.

The guards stopped and one of Spike’s caretakers stepped up and hit her across the face, hard. “Shut up, Slayer.” He told her. “If I had my way, you’d already be dead.” Buffy’s head had fallen back from the blow, when she lifted it to face her attacker; she met Spike’s eyes directly. It took only an instant, but Spike got the plan.

“So why don’t you go for it then, Mate?” Spike spoke up, causing the vampire to glare at him. “Wot? I’ve already taken out two myself, its quite a rush. Gotta let her go, though, its so much better when they fight back.”

“You shut up, too. You traitor. I’m not stupid enough to unchain her.”

“Don’t have the stones to face her, do you?” Spike persisted.

“Yeah, where can I go in a fortress full of Master Vampires?” Buffy questioned.

“ENOUGH!!!” The large vampire in charge roared. He let go of the pole he had been leading Buffy by and approached Spike menacingly. “No one is letting either of you loose, so just be quiet.” Spike looked over at Buffy; he saw in her eyes that she agreed with him, this might be their best shot. They both knew that even if they managed to free themselves the most they could hope for was to take a few of the bastards down with them and go out fighting.

The large one grabbed Spike by his throat. “I heard a rumor Drusilla left you.” He said evilly. “A nut job like that throws you out, what does that say about you?” Spike only glared at him, waiting for just the right moment to attack.

“Pillock.” He managed to squeeze out of his throat that was almost squeezed shut.

The vampire turned away. “The Slayer of Slayers. What a joke.” He turned to his friends. “Hey guys, you believe this young punk actually took out two Slayers. Seems like the only thing he can do is entertain the insane and kill child-vamps.” They all laughed and that was when Spike struck. He kneed the vampire holding him in the crotch who dropped Spike and let out a cry of pain.

Buffy, meanwhile, used the other vampires’ shock to yank herself in the direction that the large vampire should have been at. She managed to break loose from two of her captors. She grabbed the chain that led to one of the poles and twirled around hitting her last handler in the face and knocking him down.

Spike in the rolled away from his other captor and was preparing to send a kick towards the one who had hit Buffy, unfortunately the large vampire recovered much more quickly than he anticipated and grabbed him and yanked him back before he could get too far. Buffy ran into similar trouble when the vamps she had gotten the poles away from ran forward and managed to grab them again. Even though it was obvious their attempt failed they both continued to struggle making sure to make things as difficult as possible.

“What is going on here?” Spike looked up at the female voice that rang across the hallway. It was the vampiress who had smiled at him upstairs.

The large vampire stood up straight. “They attempted to free themselves, Sire.”

“Really?” She said. “It looks like they could have succeeded. Should I tell our Master what you almost allowed to happen again?” She asked quietly.

“No, please!” The vampire sounded almost frantic.

“I want to see the traitor.” Ipwet said.

The guards looked at each other nervously. “You think I can’t handle myself with a vampire who is little more than a fledgling to me?” She asked amused.

Everything about her set Buffy’s teeth on edge, and the way she kept eyeing up Spike like he was an entrée made her stomach turn. She was also surprised to find herself angry at the appraising looks Spike was sending back to her.

Ipwet walked up to Spike and almost pressed herself against him. Buffy resisted the urge to growl at the woman.

“We met once before. Do you remember?” Ipwet asked him. “My name is Ipwet.”

Spike searched his brain frantically. He didn’t want to tell her no. No woman he ever met reacted well to not being remembered, yet he didn’t want to lie.

“I must have been drunk when we met. Under normal circumstances, I’m sure I would remember a woman as beautiful as you. Wanna help a fella out here?” That sounded as good as anything else he supposed.

Buffy rolled her eyes at his flirting, while Ipwet answered him.

“It was in New York. You had just killed the Slayer there and you and Drusilla attended a massacre the next night.”

Spike vaguely remembered that night. There was blood flowing freely from several Studio 54 patrons that had wandered away from the night club and had been picked up by the vampires. Most all of them had several different drugs in their system, which accounted for Spike’s vague recollection of the night.

“I propositioned you and you turned me down.” She continued “You didn’t want to cheat on your ‘Dark Princess’ you told me.” She moved in even closer and Spike felt his body respond to her.

“It’s a curse, but I’ve always been a faithful guy.” He told her. She ran a fingernail across his cheek.

“Believe me, it was your loss.” She purred. She circled her hips against his. “And unfortunately you’ve missed your chance.” She laughed and stepped back from him. “Such a shame.” Spike was confused, he thought she just put something in the front pocket of his over shirt, but he couldn’t be sure.

Ipwet turned and walked back the way she came, having delivered the item she wanted to. Now she just hoped he noticed it and no one else did. “You can take them away now.” She waved behind her dismissively.

“All right, let’s get this over with.” The large vampire resumed his position near Buffy and once again the party began to move.

They didn’t travel that much farther before they went through a door way that held another stairway behind it. This one led to a dungeon area by the looks of things, but when the reached the bottom there was just a hole in the ground with a mist running above it.

“Welcome to the entrance of The Garden.”

“Newsflash, moron, gardens are usually located outside with lots of pretty plants or veggies you can eat.”

“Not this one. This one is a maze of tunnels and caverns that the Master keeps his pets in. There is now way out other than this hole, even if there were the Guardian won’t ever let you leave.”

“Guardian?” Spike had to ask.

He gaped as the mist rolling over the hole seemed to take the shape of a face and began speaking.
“I guard the Garden.” It hissed.

“Killer steam, nice.” Buffy said.

“So you see, your lives end here.” The large vampire said.

The three other vampires released the poles that were attached to her, but before Buffy could do anything the big one shoved her forward until the only thing keeping her from falling down was the collar around her neck. “I hope your death is slow and painful Slayer.” Then he released her collar as well. Spike heard her scream echoing through the chamber as she fell. They shoved him forward next and dangled him over the deep pit, by the chains holding his arms.

“As for you, traitor, maybe I’ll look up your crazy one, see if there’s any more to her.” Spike growled at him, but it lost its effect as they released him from his bonds and he too fell down into the dark hole.



The first thing Spike became aware of was an eerie glow. It reminded him of fluorescent light bulbs, the kind that flickered all the time and gave off a yellowish or pinkish light. The ones that caused people to go into seizures from prolonged exposure.

The next thing he noticed was the rancid odor, it was enough to make his stomach turn.

The last thing he became aware of was someone shaking him and yelling at him.
“Get up you worthless, undead piece of…” A blow to the face followed that. That woke him up completely.

Spike let a fist fly as he fully opened his eyes and saw the Slayer tumble back off of him. He could tell immediately the smell was coming from her.

”Back off Slayer.” He growled. That’s when he noticed the other creatures that surrounded them and he suddenly remembered where he was and why.

There were three large insect looking demons studying them closely. “What the hell are they?”

“I don’t know.” Buffy said through gritted teeth. “But silly me thought you would like to be awake to at least get a punch in.” She stood up to face the threat. Spike got up and stood next to her. He was glad he didn’t have to breath; otherwise her stench would have been enough to knock him out.

“So another truce then?” He asked her.

“Unless you think you can do better on your own.” She answered. One of the creatures started to move forward and extended a clawed appendage towards Buffy, she kicked it away, but yelled out as she did so.

“OW!! These guys have a heavy armor protecting them.” She looked at the around quickly. “Do you see anything we can use as a weapon?” She asked him.

“No.” Spike said, looking around and seeing nothing but large boulders lying on the ground. “Wait. Yeah, I do.” He ran to one of the boulders and hoisted it up over his shoulder, almost falling backwards in the process.

“What are you doing?” She asked him exasperated. “Are you planning on dropping that on your own head to end this?”

“Shut up and help me.” He yelled.

One of the bugs shot a stream of liquid at Buffy just as she moved to help Spike. “Hey now, spitting is SO not cool.” She helped him get the boulder steady. “Now what?” She asked.

Spike rolled his eyes. “On the count of three we throw the big rock at the big bug’s head and the big bug goes SPLAT!!”

“Oh goody, a Spike plan.” Buffy muttered.

“I don’t see you with the brilliant ideas.” He snapped. “One…two…three.” With a groan they let go of the boulder and watched as it flew threw the air and did indeed hit one of the bugs in the head, it didn’t exactly go splat, but it did go crunch and the bug fell to the ground. The other two made noises that sounded like a high pitch chitter and attacked as one.

“Ok now what?” Buffy demanded.

“Now I suggest you get your arse in gear and fight.” He yelled as he dodged one of their claws.

Buffy ducked out of the way of another on, grabbed its arm behind the claw and pulled it so it fully extended. “Spike.” She yelled.

He turned and saw her holding the arm outstretched and with a loud growl he brought his arm down on it breaking the arm in half. The creature howled and began to retreat. Buffy held up the claw and grinned.

“Thanks for the hand.” She said.

Spike rolled his eyes.
“DUCK!” She yelled and he hit the ground without a thought.

He heard several swings above him, then a loud thud behind him. When he looked up Buffy was standing over the last creature beating it with the claw.

“Well at least we have some kind of weapon now.” Spike said as he stood up.

Buffy looked around wearily. “Do you know what kind of demons those were?”

“Never seen 'em before.” Spike started looking more closely at their surroundings. They were in a cave that wasn’t very large. The walls were covered with a fuzzy mold that grew in several pastel colors, water dripped from it in some spots. The light seemed to come from the rocks themselves and was colored according to the color of moss growing on it. The mist ran along the length of the ceiling occasionally Spike could see eyes or faces forming the gray matter.

Buffy also looked around at the walls and up the hole they had fallen down through. “How are we ever going to get out of here?” She asked.

“There’s got to be a way.” Spike insisted as he began to search his pockets for a cigarette. If there’s a way in then there’s got to be a way out.”

“No, duh, but if the only way out is by climbing up that, I don’t see how we’ll be able to do that.”

“We have more important things to worry about right now.” Spike told her. He finally found his cigarettes, pulled one out and lit it. He inhaled deeply enjoying the aroma and flavor of the tobacco.

“What is more important than getting out of here?” She asked him.

“Figuring out what we are going to live on until we get out of here.” He answered her. He began exploring out, away from where they landed. Several different tunnels ran off from this cavern, each looked as unremarkable as the next.

“Oh.” Buffy followed suit and began looking down the different tunnels.

“Plus we are going to have to find you some way to wash up, because while the smell could be used as a weapon, on the rare occasion I do breath, I would like to do so without wanting to throw up.”

Buffy didn’t answer him and Spike turned to make sure she was still behind him. He was amazed at what he saw. The girl who just faced the most terrifying vampires in the world was now staring at him with tears in her eyes and a sad, pouting face. He had no idea what had happened to make her look like that. He also had no idea why he suddenly felt bad for her.

“I really do smell that bad?” She asked tearfully. “It isn’t just me that smells it?”

Spike could only stand there and stare at her stupefied.
Cleaning Up by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
A/N: This chap was going to be longer, but my computer seems to be posessed right now. Some one asked me about the idea for the Garden (I lost the e-mail when my comp went down.) It came LOOSELY from Giger's Necronomicon 'Island of the Dead' specifically. Hopefully next chap of Life Eternal will go up tonight.
Thanks for the nice reviews.
Kyra
Chapter 3: Surviving


Spike tried to think of something to say to stop the tears that he could see in the Slayer’s eyes from falling. The thought came to him about why he would care whether or not she cried. He should be delighting in her misery, not wanting to ease her pain. However, the lost look that accompanied those tears did him in and he found himself reacting like a complete wanker, like he would have when he was still human.

“Come on now pet, it really isn’t that bad. I just think you’d feel better if you got yourself cleaned up bit.”

Buffy sniffled and nodded her head. “But how can I do that? I don’t think they are going to have a shower down here.”

Spike thought a moment, while looking around, and then he was struck with inspiration. He walked to the wall of the cavern and peeled a section of the moist moss off the wall and handed it to Buffy.

“You can use this to scrub yourself off with, there’s plenty of it.” Buffy looked at it and wrinkled her nose up at him.

“You want me to wash with fungus?”

Spike quickly lost his patience and empathy. “Bloody hell woman, do you have a better solution? Anything is better than what you have now.”

She grabbed the moss from him and rubbed it experimentally over one of her arms. It was abrasive enough to scrub the heavier dirt from her body and she smiled slightly when she saw her skin peak out from under the grime. “This will work I guess.” Then she looked at her soiled and torn clothing, “I don’t know if it will make much of a difference, most of the smell is coming from this.” She pulled the nasty cloth away from her body. “If I don’t have anything else to wear though.”

Spike sighed, he knew she was right, but still what did she think he could do about her clothing. “Well, there’s no one here to see anything, really. You could go without the clothes if you wanted.” He offered with a leer.

Buffy glared at him. “I think the bleach you use had effected the few brain cells you had. There is no way you will ever see me naked Spike.” She said coldly.

“That’s your call, pet, but I don’t really think you are going to find a clothing store anywhere down here.” He snapped at her, for some reason the certainty with which she told him that angered him. Spike shook his head, there must’ve been something still affecting him from the drugged blood they gave him. His reasoning was evidently all out of whack.

Buffy looked resigned, but she moved forward to pull more of the moss off the wall and continued to scrub the exposed parts of her body with it. Spike watched her struggle to get under her clothing and get most of the dirt off, without letting the filthy fabric touch her skin again while it was still wet.

“Oh for the love of…” Spike took off his duster than removed his read button down shirt and black T-shirt. He shoved the two shirts at Buffy. “Here, put these on, they should be long enough to cover your sensitive parts.” She looked at him surprised and for a minute he thought he saw something else in her eyes as she took in the sight of him standing so close to her bare-chested, but it was gone before he could be sure, only to be replaced with stubborn suspicion.

“You expect me to get changed right here in front of you?”

Spike held up the duster. “I’ll hold this up and that way no beastie or even I will get to see the Slayer’s sacred parts.’ He told her snidely. In reality the thought of seeing her naked didn’t disgust him in the least, in his mind he could see her well-toned body and it was a very nice image indeed.

Buffy still looked at him doubtfully and Spike couldn’t help but push her further. “Would you prefer to stand here and debate about it until another big and nasty comes to gobble us up?”

“Fine, but if you peak even once, truce or not, I will rip your head off with my bare hands.”

”Please! Like I would ever want to see your scrawny arse.” He held up the coat to cut off any reply she was forming, but of course that didn’t stop her.

“I really hate you, you know.” The acid in her voice was clear.

“And here I thought you considered me one of your bosom chums?” He snickered.

Then there was silence except for the sounds of her removing her torn clothing and washing herself down. After fifteen minutes she still wasn’t done and Spike was getting tired of standing there holding up the coat. “We aren’t getting ready to go to the ball. What’s taking you so long?” He finally asked her.

“I’m having trouble, I can’t get my back.” She complained. “I tried just rubbing up against the wall, but I don’t know if I got it all.”

“Tie the red shirt around your waist and hold the other up to your front and I’ll get your back for you.” She didn’t answer him and he figured she was just ignoring him. He really needed to stop offering to help the stupid girl. It wasn’t like she was even going to accept his offer, much less appreciate it…

”Ok. I’m covered.” Her soft voice stopped his thoughts and he lowered the coat slowly almost certain that this whole encounter was a dream. The captivity, the Garden, even Mastema couldn’t be real, not if the end result was him having to stand here with his mortal enemy, who was basically naked, except for his clothing, and wash her back. Yet there she was standing before him. He didn’t need a crystal ball to know how tense and nervous she was about the situation. He could see the tightness across the muscles of her shoulders and lower back, but what a beautiful back it was. And from what he could see he was completely off base about her having a scrawny ass as well.

“Well?” She snapped. “As you pointed out we don’t have all day.” He could even here her nervousness in her voice.

Spike reached around her and grabbed some of the moss off the wall; the action caused him to come much closer to her than he had ever been when they weren’t exchanging blows. He heard her swallow thickly and wondered what was running through her mind right now. He felt kind of strange himself. As he stood back he found his hand had a slight tremor to it when he raised it to finish removing the dirt she couldn’t get to.

He could feel the heat from her skin radiating off of her and he tried to tell himself that he wasn’t enjoying that warmth. His hands were moving with a mind of their own, scrubbing the dirt gently from her body, while also taking the time to smooth over the tight muscles he could clearly see.

He saw her begin to relax slightly under his ministrations and he couldn’t help but admire her the flawless skin that emerged from under the dirt. His demon was clamoring in his body; he felt his fangs itching to emerge. In his mind he could see it so clearly, sinking his fangs into the soft flesh right above her hip bone and hearing her scream echo through out the tunnel they were standing in. The fact that it wasn’t a scream of pain or terror he was imagining didn’t even register in his mind.

He licked his lips and fought the sudden urge he had to brush them across the area between her shoulder blades to taste the soft warm skin there.

A quiet hissing noise caught his attention and Spike looked up. Above them the mist that was also their jailer had from a face above them and was peering down at the Slayer, lust clear even on the insubstantial face. It snapped Spike out of the daze he had fallen into at the sight of her standing there like that. He quickly dropped the moss and jerked the coat back up.

“You’re all set now, Slayer. Hurry up and get dressed.” He ordered her; he didn’t want to tell her about the peeping tom that was spying on them. No need to get her more upset than she already was, besides there was nothing to be done about it.

His gruff angry voice kicked Buffy out of the lull she had fallen into at Spike’s touch. How someone so inherently evil could create such magic over her with his hands was completely beyond her, yet when he was washing away the dirt she wanted nothing more than to lean back against him and let him rub other places on her body. Now she felt disgusted with herself for even letting such urges come across her and she quickly pulled the T-shirt over her head, followed by his red button down shirt. He was right they did cover her about to mid thigh. It would work fine as long as she didn’t try any high kicks while fighting.

She stepped around the coat to show him she was finished. She still wished there had been a way to wash her hair, but she did feel much better now that she was cleaner and had those clothes off her. She felt something heavy in the breast pocket of his over shirt; she put her hand in the pocket and pulled out a large crystal.

“What’s this?” She asked.

Spike peered at it curiously. “I have no idea. Where did you get it from?”

”Your shirt.”

Spike remembered when Ipwet had pressed herself against him; she must have slipped it in there then. Spike wondered what it was or what it did, but he didn’t want their watcher above them to figure it out.

“Just some trinket I picked up.” Spike shrugged and took it from her, putting it in his duster pocket. “Ok, so now that you are all squeaky clean, we need to figure out a game plan.” He tried to change the subject. Buffy looked at him strangely, but didn’t push the issue.

“I guess we should start checking the place out. Look around and stuff.”

“Right, but these tunnels could go forever, how are we going to mark our way?”

Buffy smiled. “That’s easy.” She turned back to the wall and picked at more of the moss making an arrow shape pointing right. “Now we head this way.”

“Not bad Slayer.”

“Fungus, not just for looking pretty and cleaning anymore.” Buffy joked lightly.

Spike shook his head. “With wit like yours, it amazing you’re still alive.” He said dryly, following after her.



High above them in the large conference room, the Vampire Council sat and watched them in a screen of mist. Mastema had called up the Guardian to show them what was going on in the Garden below. There was no color or sound, but their forms were easily recognizable.

Everyone watched as first they fought next to each other then as they continued on without attacking one another.

“What is he doing? The vampire next to Mastema growled. “Look at what has become of the Aurelians, they even stand with Slayers.” His name was Baraqel and he was now the second in command. The destruction of the Aurelius line would secure that position for him. “Every one of the spawn since he turned that worthless whore, Darla has been nothing but a disgrace.” Baraqel continued. He never hesitated to remind Mastema of the Grandchilde he never approved of. To every vamp’s eyes it had been the turning of Darla that marked the beginning of the clans demise.

“That must be the wisdom of age.” No one expected Ipwet to speak up. “I would have thought it clever to team up with the Slayer to increase the odds of survival.”

Baraqel turned towards her with a snarl. “That is why you sit where you do.” He said.

A startled cry arose as those still peering into the mist now saw Spike bare-chested while the Slayer stripped off her clothing.

“Disgusting.” Someone gasped.

“She isss a perfect exsssample of the female form thoughss.” The voice hissed from the mist itself.

“Enough.” Mastema said. “We don’t need to see this.” The screen of mist dissolved back into the floor.

He looked thoughtful. “William is more resilient and resourceful than I would have thought.”

“Maybe he is more like you than you realized my lord.” Ipwet said.

Cries of outrage rang out through the room.

“How dare you compare our Lord and Sire to that traitor.” Baraqel yelled. “You forget your place.”

“Yet I remember the stories of the ones our Lord killed to get where he is. How is that different?” She insisted.

“He never sided with a Slayer.” Baraqel replied.

”No, but he did help the Holy Father.” The name was said with disgust. “In Egypt I believe, when the one called Moses called up the last plague, the death of the first born child.”

Murmurs ran throughout the room.

“This meeting is at an end.” Mastema declared. “We will reconvene tomorrow.”

Everyone quickly left the room.

Rangda grabbed Ipwet. “Are you trying to get yourself thrown down into the Garden with them?”

“No, I’m trying to make Mastema realize he is more like the traitor than he wants to realize.”

“Tread carefully. Baraqel will not let anything get in the way of his succession at this point.”

”Relax, my sister. Everything is going according to plan.”
Food Supply by Kyra Storm
Spike and Buffy walked for what seemed like hours through the winding maze of tunnels. The spoke very little, both still uncomfortable with the other.

For the most part Buffy let Spike lead the way. They would only choose a path after he would reach out with his sensitive hearing, listening for anything up ahead of them. Several times they managed to avoid, what probably would have been, dangerous confrontations.

What worried him were the demons that he wouldn’t be able to sense. He knew a little bit about the first demons, enough to know that not all of them were as corporeal as their present day counterparts. The evil mist that was their ever present companion was proof enough of that.

Buffy was struggling. The tiny amount of food she had consumed during her captivity, combined with exhaustion, and the let down after the earlier adrenaline rush had her on the edge of collapse. She kept pushing herself forward though. Spike, so far, showed no signs of weariness and she didn’t want to be one who held them back. Not when he was doing such a good job at avoiding the demons that inhabited this eerie place.

The unfamiliar and conflicting emotions that she was having concerning Spike also added to her exhaustion.

This was Spike, her mortal enemy.

The thorn in her side.

The fly in her Chardonnay.

No wait. That was an Alanis Morissette song.

God, she was so tired her brain was starting to go wonky.

It was just so strange for her to feel grateful for his presence, yet at that moment she was so thankful he was here, without him she was certain she would have happened upon some kind of demon by now and in her state there was no way she would survive the battle.

Grateful for Spike.

Never did she think she would feel grateful for Spike in her life.

What kind of vampire was he? Not only did he kill Slayers, but he also made deals with them?

Shouldn’t he be more like Angelus and rip her throat out at the first opportunity?

Especially since she was in such a vulnerable state, she wouldn’t be able to stop him if he decided to attack her.

Angelus certainly would never have offered her clothing to wear, much less wash her back.

And what was up with that? The feeling of his cool hands on her had been one of the most erotic moments of her young life. The night she shared with Angel had been full of tender awkwardness. It hadn’t even held a candle to feelings she got from her impromptu scrub by someone who wanted her dead.

None of it made any sense to her and in her tired state it was hurting her brain to go over and over it. She just didn’t understand why he was working with her, why he didn’t just kill her?

‘What would he have to eat then?’ A little voice, which she recognized as the Slayer in her, whispered.

Buffy stumbled. She recovered quickly and stared warily at the bare back of the vampire in front of her.

Out of the corner of his eye Spike noticed Buffy stumble slightly, his first instinct was to reach out and steady her, but he quickly over rode that inclination by reminding himself who she was.

This was the Slayer who put him in a wheelchair for all those months.

She was the one who made him helpless while Angelus shagged Dru in front of his very eyes.

His shoulders tensed as he remembered the humiliation and pain he went through because of this very woman and for a few minutes his demon raged inside him to kill her, forget about the long term plans, and just kill her.


She saw him glance towards her before continuing on. Then she saw him tense visibly.

The silence suddenly became deafening and she swore she could almost hear the mist above her hiss in excitement.

“Spike? Are you ok?” She asked hesitantly.

He spun around and glared at her with yellow eyes. Buffy backed quickly away from him.

“Sure, luv, I’m just peachy keen. I mean I’m trapped in a fuzzy dungeon, with some weird boogey-boo above our heads, forced to make nice with you, of all people. What on earth could be wrong?” He growled out as he moved closer and closer to her. She continued to back up until she felt the damp moss pressed against her back and legs, the moisture seeping through the red shirt and into the T-shirt she wore.

“Spike…” She began weakly, but didn’t know how to continue. The look in his eyes made it clear he was the predator. And she was his prey. That realization snapped her spirit back.

“Look if you want to whine about this situation, I think I have more reason to be upset than you.” She said snottily. “Hello, half naked here.” She gestured down at herself.

His eyes swept down her body to her bare legs and she swore the hunger she saw in the golden depths changed. It was still hunger, but a different kind. Then it was gone and blue eyes replaced gold. The answering tingle between her legs made her question her own sanity. She swallowed thickly, trying to get her body under control.

“God Slayer, you are a right pain in the arse aren’t you? Why don’t you shut your bloody mouth and let me scout out the area, that way we can avoid any big monster that would use you as a toothpick.”

“Oh yeah, like I’ve been talking your ear off.” She muttered as he backed up giving her back her personal space. She tried to convince herself that she was glad he stepped back.

They started to move again, after a few minutes Buffy couldn’t help but ask. “Why did you agree to this partnership?” Her voice was quiet, almost a whisper.

Spike wanted to snap at her that he never agreed to another partnership, but he knew that was a lie. As soon as he met her eyes upstairs, he knew they were going to work together to get out of here and more than that, he had been relieved at the thought of having her on his side. She gave him hope that one day they might make it to freedom.

When he took so long to answer she filled in the answer herself. “It was so you had something to eat wasn’t it?” Spike spun around again, he found himself strangely hurt that was her first assumption and the fact that she could hurt him made him angry.

“No, that isn’t why I agreed to this.” He snapped.

”Then why did you?” She asked, her tone still accusing. “Huh? Why would you team up with me? You hate me. Why else would you want to work with me?”

Spike ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “You know what, just forget it. You go your way and I’ll go mine. This partnership is off.” He stormed off down the tunnel, but he didn’t get very far before turning around and walking back towards her. “And for you information, you stupid bint, I actually agreed to this because I thought if anyone would be able to fight their way out of here, it would be you.”

“Really?” Buffy asked him, her anger and suspicion replaced by pride that he thought so highly of her skills.

“Oh don’t go puffing all up.” Spike lowered his head embarrassed now. “I just know you can handle yourself. Its not anyone who could face those blokes upstairs and not piss themselves.”

“First of all…ewww. Second, thanks, I guess. Although if we don’t get to stop or find me some kind of food soon, I won’t be much help at all.” Buffy felt strange admitting that she was starting to lose her stamina, but she figured she needed to let him know before it became a serious problem.

Spike sighed and ran a hand through his hair, frustrated. “I know.” He admitted. “Problem is I don’t see anything in the way of food for you. I don’t know what you are going to eat.” He thought for a moment. “We could always hunt down another demon and see if you could eat that.”

Her look of disgust and shock made him shrug his shoulders in irritation. “I don’t bloody know.” He hit the large claw that he was still carrying from the first batch of demons they dispatched against the wall. The truth was he was worried, without food she wasn’t going to last too long down here. He didn’t want to consider what this place would be like without her.

“And if I die from not eating than there goes your food supply.” Buffy filled in what she assumed, had him so upset.

Spike turned back towards her angrily. “That wasn’t what I was thinking. Why do you keep assuming that?”

“Gee, let’s see, maybe because you are a soulless vampire, who has killed two Slayers before and has tried to kill me more than I can remember.” Buffy shook her head. “What should I believe, that you really want me here just because I can help fight? We both know that once your hunger gets out of control I’ll be in just as much danger from you as the rest of the creatures down here.”

“Unlike your boyfriend, I know how to control myself.” Spike growled at her, eyes glowing again.

“I see that.” Buffy snapped.

With that so did Spike’s patience.

He had her backed up into the wall again so fast she didn’t realize they had moved. She didn’t even have time to think about struggling of fighting him off when his face changed completely and he dove for her neck. She let out a weak cry, but it cut off abruptly when she felt his fangs pierce her skin.

Time seemed to stop. It hurt, but not in a bad way. It was like when she had chicken pox when she was younger and her mother had left her alone for a while and she had set about itching and scratching them. It had hurt when she broke them open, but the pain was almost a relief compared to the itching she was feeling.

This felt a lot like that only here she didn’t even know she had an itch. When he started to pull on her blood, her body arched up into his and she felt comfortable in the strong lean frame that seemed to fit her perfectly. She swore that the blood he was pulling out of her was coming directly from between her legs. Specifically from that one little part of her that she knew was responsible for causing pleasure.

It was over as abruptly as it began. He pulled away from her after a few draws, leaving her breathless and weak kneed, staring at him in awe. His human face was back in place and there wasn’t even a drop of blood anywhere to prove that he had even bit her. She reached a shaky hand up and lightly touched the bite marks on her neck just to make sure she didn’t just imagine that.

She never knew getting bit could feel like that. The Master biting her sure didn’t feel like that.

“Now if I wanted to kill you I would have done it.” Spike spoke angrily. Buffy just stared at him dumbly, still trying to get her brain to start working again. “That little bit I just took for you should hold me off for at least three days, because your blood is so powerful. I don’t want you dead Slayer, you won’t be any help to me if you are dead.” Spike didn’t want to say that after feeling her warm body arch up into his when he was biting her, he didn’t know if he would ever be able to kill.

Neither of the Slayers he had tasted before tasted as sweet as she did. The one in China had a spicy flavor to her blood, as if all the incense they burned in their temples worked its way into her flesh. The one in New York had a musky taste to her blood, it wasn’t unpleasant, but Spike hadn’t even drained her completely. The musky flavor combined with sheer richness of her blood made him almost sick after a while.

Buffy was a whole other story. She was sweet and flavorful, full of power and strength, with a perfect balance of spicy and musky to give it body. Spike didn’t even have to force himself to stop drinking from her, just a little bit had more than satisfied his demon’s need for blood. Its need for sex was a different matter. Spike pulled his coat in front of himself, protectively. If the Slayer saw what kind of reaction he was having towards her right now she would probably rip his head right off.

It was disgusting really. Vampires shouldn’t have thoughts or urges like that towards Slayers. The fact that it was the demon that wanted her, while he was protesting never registered.

“Now we need to find you some food don’t we pet?” He asked her trying to get some sort of response from her. She just continued to stare at him glassy eyed.

“Slayer? Anyone home in there?” He waved his hand in front of her face. Was she thinking of ways to kill him? Did he send her into shock? He stepped closer to her again.

Was that arousal he smelled coming off of her? Spike grinned a self-satisfied smirk, before he wisely hid it. Looked like he wasn’t the only one who enjoyed himself.

“I’m ok.” Buffy finally spoke. “I’m ok.”

“You sure?” Spike asked her.

She nodded.

“Well then, let’s find you food and then someplace to rest for a few.”

Again, she just nodded.

Spike turned to head back the way the came. He turned back when he didn’t hear her following him. “Come on pet.”

Buffy tried to take a step away from the wall, but her shaky legs had her falling to the ground with out the support behind her. Blackness started overwhelming her vision.

“Bloody hell.” Spike yelled rushing forward to help her up. “Dammit Slayer, you should have told me you were already feeling weak.” Spike cursed himself internally. He didn’t take nearly enough blood to have any sort of effect on her, unless she was already severely weakened.

“I’m ok.” Buffy said again, blackness was all she could see even though her eyes were still open. Part of her was yelling and screaming for her to wake up get it under control, but her body was too exhausted.

“Sure you are.” Spike said. He looked around them as he held her tightly around her waist. He didn’t want to let her sleep here because it was way too open for his taste, but he hadn’t seen anything else much better. “Why don’t you take a little kip and I’ll keep watch for a while. Then when you wake up, I’ll get some shut eye, ok?”

Buffy nodded against him. He felt her nuzzle his bare chest and he almost dropped her. “Come on pet, none of that. What would Peaches say if he knew you cuddling up to me?” Actually that was the only appealing thought about her cuddling up to him. It certainly didn’t feel good to have a warm Slayer in his arms while she seemed to want to crawl inside of him.

She didn’t answer him, at least not in words, just a slight incoherent mumbling against his skin. Her warm breath against his skin was quite distracting.

Needing to get some distance between them Spike lowered her to the ground and removed his duster to cover her with it. He lifted her head and managed to pull one of the sleeves up and fashion it into a pillow of sorts.

He looked down at the almost unconscious Slayer and couldn’t help but be proud of all the uses he was getting out of that duster. That Douglas Adams fellow thought a towel was thing to take on any adventure; he obviously never had a coat like this.

Spike paced back and forth for a long time, while the Slayer fell into a deep sleep. He kept listening for any sort of trouble heading their way so he could wake her and get moving at a moments notice, but nothing headed their direction. Still keyed up from the Slayer blood and unable to sit still he began to shadow box, to work off the excess energy. That didn’t even keep his attention for very long.

Finally bored he sat down near the Slayer, still sound asleep. He started studying the walls around them trying to detect any type of weakness in the stone walls.

Next to him the Slayer murmured in her sleep and rolled over towards him. She seemed to sense his proximity because she shuffled closer to him and wrapped her arms around his outstretched leg and put her hand on his thigh.

Spike froze.

He knew he should push her off him; yell at her for using him as a pillow. Instead he found himself lightly stroking her hair as her warmth soaked into his leg and moved through his whole body.

“I am so bloody fucked.” He said with a sigh.
Wet Dreams by Kyra Storm
The persistent nagging of her bladder started her gradual swim towards waking. She tried to cling to the warm comfort of sleep a little longer. It was rare she felt this relaxed and peaceful. Her dreams were filled with desire and sensuality. Usually her sleep was filled with dreams of Angelus, demons, or other creatures that also haunted her waking hours.

She stretched her hand up and ran it across her pillow, tucking it in where she had it folded over above her head.

‘I really need to use fabric softener next time I do laundry.’ She thought as she felt the rough fabric of her pillowcase. She nestled her head farther down into the firm pillow trying to ignore the tingling in her bladder in an attempt to reclaim her dream state.

Her hand moved unconsciously back and forth against the crease of her pillow as she relaxed back into slumber.

Up and down her hand moved, she could feel one of the bars on her headboard through the fabric of the pillowcase.

Her pillow jerked upwards jostling her head. She almost opened up her eyes and looked around before she figured out that she must be asleep in the car. That would explain why her pillow felt so rough and firm. She must have gone on an out of town shopping trip with her mother and fell asleep in the car on the way home. She always slept well after extensive shopping.

She let her head drop back down as she snuggled closer to the back of the car seat.


Spike was going to dust. He was going to spontaneously combust, burst into flames and turn to dust. This was it. This was the end.

Here he sat on the floor, of this whacked out prison, the dampness from the moss and the floor was soaking into his jeans, but he didn’t even feel it. He was too caught up in the beautiful blonde, who happened to be his mortal enemy most of the time, asleep in his lap with her hand sandwiched between his thighs as she unconsciously stroked his cock and balls in her sleep.

He couldn’t wake her up, because he was pretty certain that would end with a stake through his heart. Especially considering that the last thing she was going to remember was him biting her before she passed out. He tried to move her hand, but she started to wake up every time he tried.

He bit his lip as his leg unconsciously jerked under the movements of her hand. He held his breath when she lifted her head, but she lowered it back down after a few seconds and her breathing evened out once again.

He tried to think of something, anything that would relieve some of the pressure of the denim against his painful hard on.

Of course nothing worked. Not that he really expected it to. Never in all his years on this planet had he ever experienced a torture as exquisite as this. The Slayer’s warmth on his lower extremities combined with her powerful blood running through his veins had made him so extremely aroused and sensitive to her slightest touch. Even her breath on his thigh sent shock waves to his groin, through the denim.

His jaw clenched as the pleasure built along with her stokes. She never speeded up or in any other way indicated she was aware of what she was doing to him, but ever slight movement stoked the fire burning inside of him higher and higher, yet no closer to any release.

So here he sat on the floor of this whacked out prison, certain that any moment he was going to burst into flames and crumble to dust. His body wasn’t going to be able to withstand much more of this torment.


The cramping in her abdomen continued keeping her from finding the sleep she was trying to return to. She rubbed her face back and forth along her pillow…no, the car seat, trying to get the energy together to wake up enough to let her mother know it was time for a pit stop.

She stopped the movement of her hand when she realized that she was still running it along the crease of the pillow…no wait, it must be in the crack of the car seat. She felt around and her hand wrapped around the object she thought was a bar on her headboard. She squeezed it a few times. It must be one of the rods that held the back of the car seat upright she decided. She squeezed it once more firmly. You would think they would make car parts sturdier than that, she though. While it was hard and strong there was a little bit of give to it. She squeezed again slightly harder.

A hoarse cry rang out through the air and suddenly Buffy was jumping upright as the car seat suddenly tilted, throwing her off.


As if the light stroking wasn’t bad enough, the Slayer seemed to wake up slightly and then she began to squeeze him through his jeans. Spike’s eyes went wide and it took everything he had not to come right there in his pants. She patted around a bit more around his crotch before squeezing him again. He bit his lip until it bled as he tried to keep his body under control.

One more squeeze, firmer than the previous ones made all his attempts futile as he felt himself loose control. His entire body jerked and the warmth he felt down below flooded through him. His cock jerked and spewed forth coating the inside of his pants.

Buffy flew upright at his violent thrashing her eyes unfocused and wild.


Buffy tried to get her brain working as her eyes moved wildly around her surroundings. This wasn’t her car. Her mother was nowhere in site. She was in some kind of cave with fuzzy pastel colors on the wall and next to her…

Next to her…

Oh my god.

Spike.

She wasn’t sleeping on a car seat she was sleeping on his lap. Which meant that her hand had actually been…

Her eyes widened as she stared into his blue eyes. Neither moved for several seconds. Then Buffy smacked him across the face as hard as she could.

“You bastard!!” She screamed. “How dare you try to take advantage of me while I was asleep.”

“WHAT?” Spike roared. He pushed her back roughly. She remembered at that moment how badly she had to pee. “Take advantage of you? I don’t think so Slayer, you were the one who had her grubby little hands all over my privates.”

“You are so disgusting, Spike.” Buffy looked around trying to find a corner she could duck around to relieve herself.

“How is this my fault?” He demanded. She stood up, leaving his duster lying on the ground where it had covered her.

“Oh please, you could have moved me off of you at any point in time, but no, you just want a cheap thrill.” She shouted at him.

“I tried to move you. Didn’t anyone ever tell you, you sleep like a log?” He growled.

“Actually, I sleep very light.”

“Really?” Spike asked sarcastically. “Light compared to, say a sumo wrestler?”

Tired of his stupid comments hauled off and punched him in the nose.

“Bloody Hell.” Spike swore.

Buffy walked around him towards an alcove not far from them. “I have to go to the bathroom. I will deal with you when I get finished.” She said.

“Bloody, fucking, stupid Slayer.” Spike muttered as she walked off. Once she was out of sight, he relaxed slightly. Even with the violent ending to her nap, that was one of the strongest orgasms he had ever experienced. Now he need to figure out how to clean himself up before she got back. He reached out and peeled some of the moss off the wall and unzipped his pants. He tried to wash himself off the best he could. He sure as hell didn’t want to be wandering around down here with his spunk in his jeans. That would probably get a tad uncomfortable.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Buffy’s voice practically screeched as she turned the corner and saw him with his pants undone and one of his hands down inside of them.

“I’m trying to get cleaned up.” He barked at her.

“Cleaned up from what?” She yelled. Then her eyes widened again. He couldn’t mean that he…
All she did was stroke him a little bit, he couldn’t have…
Not just from that. Could he?

Her cheeks took on a bright pink tint and she turned away quickly, wishing she could think of some witty retort, but her mind wasn’t working properly.

“I’m done, you can turn around now.” Spike said angrily.

But Buffy didn’t think she could turn around. What could she say to him? She knew she couldn’t look in him in the eyes after what had happened. She shook her head and her stomach growled loudly.

Since she emptied her bladder, her stomach decided it was time for some much needed food. The only problem was, they still didn’t know what there was for her to eat.

“Slayer?” Spike called her again.

”Leave me alone, Spike.” She gritted out, still refusing to face him.

Spike grabbed her and turned her to face him, she reacted without thinking and pulled back to hit him again, but this time he was prepared and caught her hand in the air. “Would you stop already.” He yelled. She struggled for a few more seconds, trying to prove she wouldn’t do what he told her before she relaxed slightly.

“Now we don’t have time for this crap. We need to find you some food or water before you start losing your strength.” He told her quietly and intently. He tried to force her to look at him, but she refused to raise her head and meet his eyes. He sighed and let go of her.

“Look Slayer, it was just a mistake. You were all warm and snuggly…”

“I was not.” Buffy insisted, knowing she was lying.

“…and I was just all worked up on account of your blood and all.” Spike continued as if she never spoke.

That reminded Buffy of what happened before she went to sleep. Spike had bitten her. He had bitten her and she LIKED it. She almost came just from his bite.

This situation was getting out of control. Teaming up to stay alive was one thing, but all this other…stuff was a whole other ball game. She didn’t understand how she could have that kind of reaction to her mortal enemy. She hated Spike. It was Angel she loved. Angel was the only one she was supposed to react to like that.

Maybe she was just thinking that Spike was Angel. That was it. That had to be it. She wasn’t attracted to Spike. How could you be attracted to someone who was lost in the eighties like he was?

She raised her eyes slightly and they got stuck on his stomach. His chiseled abs were there in front of her. He had drawn up his zipper, but the top button was still undone and she could see a few wisps of dark curly hair peeking out from the opening.

She turned away from him quickly, when she felt a flood of warmth wash through her.

”Food!” She said. “I need food.” She took several deep breaths to calm herself.

Spike watched her confused. What got into her now? Then he caught a whiff of her arousal through the air and he felt himself stir at the scent.

Bloody hell. He thought. This wasn’t going to do; they needed to stop this now.

What had she just said?

Food.

The chit needed food. Right.

“I haven’t seen anything that I would recommend you eat, pet. However, you can squeeze some of the moisture out of the moss and get some liquid into you.” He told her.

“How is that going to help with the starvation factor?” She snapped at him.

“Listen here, it’s a known fact that humans can live for weeks without food, its when you don’t have any water you die within a few days. Since you are the Slayer I imagine you could make it a least a month or more without food as long as we keep you hydrated.”

Finally Buffy turned and faced him, she looked at him incredulously. “How do you know that?” She asked.

“Learned it in school.” He muttered quietly.

“What?” She asked

“I said ‘I learned it in school.’” He repeated louder.

“What kind of school did you go to?” She asked sarcastically.

“Oxford.” He told her as he began to pick of some of the more saturated moss off the wall and handing it back to her.

“That’s a school for smart people in England, right?” She asked.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Well its unlikely you’d ever get in.” He said.

“Hey!!” She said indignantly.

“You don’t even know the difference between moss and fungus, pet.”

“Well, who really needs to know the difference?” She fumed. “And if I’m so dumb then why do you need my help to get out of here? Huh? Oh that’s right so you can have your own take out Buffy buffet.”

“Once you get something in your head, you just don’t let go of it do you?” He turned on her angrily.

“Gee, the whole grabbing me and ramming your fangs in my throat really proved me wrong didn’t it?”

“Duck.” Spike yelled.

“Huh?” She asked. When she didn’t move immediately he kicked her legs out from under her just as a large tentacle whipped out where her head had just been. Buffy landed on the ground and looked behind her at their attacker.

There wasn’t too much she could make out. She saw three large eyes and lots of tentacles waving about in the air. She rolled back towards Spike as another tentacle reached out for her.

“Where’s the claw from the crab thingies?” She yelled. She jumped backwards again as another tentacle reached for her.

“Its on the ground by my coat.” Spike answered, helping her get to her feet now that they were out of the monster’s range for the moment. The coat and the claw were not out of its range.

“That’s not good.” Buffy said.

“I’ll distract it and you get the claw.” Spike said before dashing forward. “And don’t forget to pick up my coat.” He yelled back over his shoulder as he jumped up to avoid a tentacle that tried to wrap around his legs.

All of the creature’s limbs seemed to focus on the vampire that was now weaving and jumping around it.

“Come on, you Octo-Pussy. Is that all you got? I’ve seen squid that was tougher than you?” He yelled as he ducked and rolled to avoid more of the tentacles.

Buffy stood there and watched him for several moments, admiring the ease and grace he moved with. Then she shook herself out of her daze and ran for the coat and the only weapon they had down here. She snatched the coat up and threw it on. She noticed the crystal Spike had taken from her earlier rolled out onto the ground. She was going to leave it there, thinking it unimportant, but then she saw movement in one of its facets. She leaned down and peered closer. Inside she saw the vampiress that had pressed herself onto Spike upstairs. It looked like she was saying something, but Buffy couldn’t hear what it was over the noise.

The noise.

“Slayer.” A gargled yell made her turn her attention back to the situation at hand. The creature had managed to get hold of Spike and now dangled him upside down in the air above a large mouth filled with razor sharp teeth.

Buffy snatched up the crystal and dropped it back in the coat pocket before spinning. She reached out with the claw and managed to cut into the tentacle that was holding Spike. She didn’t cut all the way through because she didn’t want it to drop him down in its mouth. Instead, it threw him into the wall of the cave where he landed in a heap. Another tentacle reached out for her, but she sliced it clean off before it could even get close. All thoughts left her head as she found herself getting lost in the rhythm of the fight.

Duck, roll, slice.

Jump, slice, duck.

Roll, jump, duck, slice.

Again and again she reached out until there was nothing left of the creature but a small round body with eyes and mouth that had blood pouring out of all the stubs that once had tentacles attached. Buffy stood before it breathing heavily.

Spike stood up slowly and made his way over to her. They both stared at the creature for few minutes, not speaking. Finally the turned and made their way down the cave away from the creature. As they walked Spike peeled more moss off the wall and handed it to Buffy. She tilted back her head and squeezed the water out of it, down her throat. Not a word was spoken between them.


“What happened?” Rangda asked Ipwet.

“The crystal has awoken.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that we now have a way to track William and offer him some help.” Ipwet smiled slowly. “The Council isn’t even going to know what hit it.” She finished with a cold smile. “I wonder if he’ll let me have a taste of his Slayer once I free him, we can bathe in her blood together.”
The Creature by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
Still trying to get caught up...
Chapter 6: The Creature

It had existed here in this prison for thousands upon thousands of years. It stayed hidden from the larger predators by clinging to the dark upper corners of the caverns. Three feet long and about a foot wide with hundreds of tiny legs running along the sides of its body, the creature resembled a large, grotesque centipede. Only instead of a head, two large antennae sat at one of stretching almost eighteen inches out from its body.

The antennae were used to detect food for the creature; it fed off of the life force of other beings. Creatures without life forces, vampires or other demons, it couldn’t even detect if they were next to it. It used its numerous legs to navigate the space, many time before it was wounded from unknowingly crawling upon a demon, mistaking it for just another facet of the cavern and being torn apart.

Its kind couldn’t die, they could be incapacitated if their antennae were removed or severely damaged, but they could not die. They did not know illness and any wounds received, even their antennae would eventually heal. And if they couldn’t feed, they just went hungry. Year after year with the gnawing pain of hunger eating them from the inside, making them vicious in their need for sustenance. Not that they weren’t vicious before.

Once in a while it would sense a food source down here and it would race towards it. Sometimes the fact that it could travel along any surface gave it the edge it needed to reach the prey first. However, these beings were usually so weak in life and power they barely even whetted its appetite, usually just working it up into a frenzy.

A short while ago it sensed something.

Power.

Life.

Strong.

The strongest life force it had encountered since its capture so long ago. A being such as that would not only finally satisfy its hunger, but make it stronger as well. And unlike the weaker signatures that had appeared down here in the past, this being had lasted much longer than the others. The only problem was that it kept moving, so the creature scuttled along walls chasing the life force. Determined not to let this source of food get away from it.



They walked in silence for what seemed to be hours. Buffy wanted to do something, anything, to break the awkward silence, but she was afraid anything she would say would only make things worse.

At first she was embarrassed by what had happened and found it hard to even glance at Spike. Then as time passed she found herself growing curious.

Did she really make him…

She couldn’t even think it without getting embarrassed.

But still how could he react to her like that?

He hated her, found her repulsive. He told her that often enough.

She thought she understood a little bit about men from her experience with Angel. Although granted Angel wasn’t really a man, but then neither was Spike.

Why did Angel vamp out just from kissing her and Spike didn’t vamp even when he was…

God, she hoped he didn’t notice the way she kept blushing. He would probably think she wanted him or something.

Which was completely repulsive.

Spike was disgusting.
And rude.
And mean.
And arrogant.

She could never want him.

So what if he had a really nice body underneath that leather coat? And so what if he could make a fight look like a well choreographed dance? And so what if his hands rubbing on her back had been one of the most luxurious things she had ever felt? And so what if she almost had an orgasm from his bite?

Buffy shook her head. It was just this place. It was confusing her. She knew logically that Spike was evil and if they weren’t in this situation he would waste no time in ripping her throat out to drain her of all her blood.

Spike hated her and she hated him and that was the way things were and that was the way things should be. She just had to remember that. Nothing else that happened down here mattered, in the end they were mortal enemies and at some point one of them was going to kill the other. If they ever got out of here.



Spike’s thoughts were very similar to Buffy’s only his were also filled with self-loathing. He couldn’t believe that he had come in his pants just because the twit gave him a grab or two in the crotch.

Sure it had been a while since Drusilla had let him touch her. And since he was a one-woman vamp a substitute was out of the question, so he had been left alone with his hand for longer than he liked to think about.

But what kind of self-respecting vamp would get hard for the Slayer?

It was one thing when they were fighting. A good fight always got his juices going and she was the best he had ever come across. But to have that kind of reaction when she was asleep on his lap?

And just how did she come to be on his lap anyway. He had just laid her on the ground after she passed out. Sure he had given her his coat, but that was just cause she looked cold and uncomfortable. And if she were cold and uncomfortable then she wouldn’t sleep well and if she didn’t sleep well then she wouldn’t be able to fight well. That was the only reason. That was also the only stupid reason he let her snuggle up with his lap in her sleep, too.

He had been sitting there thinking his evil thoughts. He hadn’t been daydreaming about how soft her hair felt and wondering if it could actually feel as soft as he imagined. He had been thinking of how much he wanted to kill her. Then the next thing he knew, she was curling up with his lap, rubbing her warmth all over him and it was all he could do not to grab her pull her up, strip her and press her against him.

To feel that warmth seeping into his body all over. Spike almost stopped short at the thought, his chest felt like it was going to explode. He glanced over at the Slayer walking beside him; a pink blush tinted her cheeks, further evidence of the warmth inside of her.

What would it be like to be buried in that heat? In that flesh?

He quickly looked away from Buffy, his head felt like it was swimming.

How long had they been walking for anyway? It felt like days to him. The silence was grating on him, but he knew that anything he said to the woman next to him would probably result in another punch to the nose.

He sighed. She was such a judgmental uptight bitch. He needed to remember that. Remember the way she threw herself at the poof of a Grandsire. Remember that this was the bitch that put him in a wheelchair for all those months.

The bloody bitch threw an incense burner at him and put him in a fucking coma for months.

She threw an incense burner at him, knocked him out into an organ and it fucking paralyzed him. Fucking brilliant really. Not that she planned it that way, but she had the talent that things like that happened to her in fights. She was good. The best he ever fought.

Probably going to be the one to kill him some day. That was if he didn’t kill her first.

For some reason those thoughts didn’t bring him the satisfactory feeling they should have.

Deciding that he must just be exhausted he stopped walking. “You up for a bit of watch duty, Slayer?”

She looked at him like she didn’t understand what he was saying.

“Hello?” Spike waved a hand in front of her face. “Anyone home in there?”

“What? I’m fine.” Buffy said, irritated.

“Oh really, that’s good. I don’t really give a fuck.” He continued speaking over her look of outrage. “I was asking if you could take a watch while got a bit o’rest.”

“Oh.” Buffy looked disappointed, but she quickly hid it. Spike wondered what the hell was running through that blonde brain of hers. “Yeah, I can watch. Where do you want to rest up?”

“Right here looks good to me.” Spike said, removing his coat and laying it out on the ground.

“Ok.” Buffy said, sitting down not far from him.

Spike looked at her suspiciously. She was being way to agreeable. Maybe she was up to something. Maybe she had found a way out of here and was just waiting for him to go to sleep so she could abandon him.

He shook off those thoughts about as quickly as they came. This wasn’t Darla he was dealing with. The Slayer was a White Hat and they didn’t do things like that.

He lay down on his coat and fashioned the sleeve into a pillow of sorts. “All right, wake me up if anything suspicious heads this way, or even if you hear something that may be something suspicious. Got it?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yes, sir.” She gave him a mock salute to which he glared at her.

“And don’t forget to keep sucking on that moss, I don’t want you getting dehydrated.” He told her.

“Ok. Will you just go to sleep already?”

“Don’t get your knickers all upset, I’m working on it.”

“Well work faster.”

“Maybe I could if you would shut your yap.”

Spike turned his back to her and shut his eyes. For some reason, though even with his eyes closed he could still see her face glaring at him, but with that small smile at her lips that made him want to…

Spike quickly tried to shut his brain down before he could finish that thought.

Sleep. He needed sleep. His head would be that much clearer in the morning.



Ipwet walked into the Council’s sitting room cautiously. It had never been stated that it was forbidden to enter here unaccompanied when the Council wasn’t in session. However, Ipwet wasn’t certain how the Older Ones would view her sneaking in to check on William’s progress.

She had assumed after the crystal had been activated he would have found a way to contact her immediately, but so far there had been nothing. She knew the mist was keeping him under constant watch and he also had that Slayer with him, but with his resourcefulness he should have been able to come up with something.

She knew he was still alive, her crystal showed that he was still moving, but again he had not contacted her.

Ipwet had bought the crystals about five hundred years ago from a peddler, in, what she knew as, Constantinople. They could be used to relay messages back and forth between the holders and also they could be used to track the person holding the other crystal. While the crystals couldn’t be used as two-way communication devices the messages were usually only delayed by a few minutes.

Ipwet was worried that maybe the Slayer found the crystal somehow. She knew William had offered her his shirt, but she saw him take the crystal from her and put it in his pocket.

Finally deciding she couldn’t wait any longer, Ipwet ignored Rangda’s pleas for her to be patient and headed for the sitting room to see for herself what was happening down below. She had planned and waited for this opportunity for too long, to let it pass now. She was determined that William would be the key to her taking down the Council, allowing her kind to rule over the humans.

Ipwet was so caught up in her plans and concerns she never noticed that she wasn’t alone in the room.

“Did you need something, Ipwet?”

Mastema asked.

Startled she looked up to find him sitting in his chair in the center of the room, staring into the wall of mist intently.

Knowing he would be able to sense a lie, she decided to go with the truth.

“No Sire, I just wanted to see how the prisoners were doing.” From where she stood Ipwet couldn’t make out anything in the mist.

Mastema raised his head and looked towards her, his sharp gaze seemed to pierce right through her.

“You have a special interest in the traitor.” He said. It was not a question.

“Yes Sire, I do.” She admitted.

“And what is it you find so interesting about our traitor?”

Ipwet tilted her head as if she were hesitant. “Well Sire, there are many things.”

Mastema raised what might have been an eyebrow and gestured for her to continue.

“The way he sought out not one, but two Slayers, challenging the one thing we have all been taught to fear. Yet he is not above teaming up with a Slayer when it comes to matters of survival. I find him to be very resourceful and determined. He would make a powerful Master and ally.” She paused. She knew she was about to cross a line that would very likely get her killed, but if it paid off it could get her everything she ever wanted. “You really don’t think he reminds you of the Masters of old, Sire?” She asked.

Mastema flew from his chair and stood before her, proving despite his aged appearance the aura of power that surrounded him, was in fact, accurate. He grabbed her by the neck and lifted her above him. “That is the second time you have compared that traitor to me.” He snarled at her.

“Please Sire, I meant no disrespect.” She whispered.

“How could this be seen as anything but disrespect?” He bellowed throwing her to the ground. While she didn’t need air to breath the intense pressure on her vocal chords caused her to choke and wheeze.

She knew she shouldn’t push this any farther, but she had come too far to back down now.

“When was the last time one so young accomplished so much?” Mastema approached her with fire in his eyes. “Sire, he was raised by a mad woman, Angelus and the whore, Darla. Had he been trained properly who knows where he might stand today. Is it right that he be punished for their ignorant ways and teachings?” Ipwet practically pleaded with him as she scrambled backwards along the ground.

Mastema stopped cold and considered her carefully. “Perhaps you are right, my Childe.” Ipwet felt her limbs go weak with relief. “But I cannot overturn my ruling. Besides William won’t last much longer. I believe his food source is about to be drained of life.” He stepped out of the way giving Ipwet a clear view of the screen of mist.

She saw Spike asleep on the ground and not far from him sat Buffy. Ipwet cursed when she saw the Slayer’s attention was focused on the vampire in front of her while behind her a large insect creature crawled down the wall of the cavern towards her.




It didn’t take Spike long to fall asleep. It was funny; once he fell asleep he began to breath heavily, just like a human. It was like his body forgot he didn’t need to breathe when he was asleep.

For a while Buffy sat there and scanned all the tunnels, extending her senses as far out as they would go, searching for anything that could mean trouble for them. After a while she got bored with that and began to make little designs in the moss growing along the wall. She would pick some out, drain it of its water then put it back on the wall in a different spot.

She had just made a cute little house out of the furry substance when Spike rolled over.

It was a simple thing. Everyone who slept probably did it. But not everyone looked so delicious when they did it. She couldn’t help but admire the muscular chest that now lay before her.

Why wasn’t Angel’s chest and stomach that well defined? Did Spike work out? Did vampires even need to work out?

Buffy ran her eyes up over his chest, to his face. He looked so peaceful while he slept. His face was smooth and soft and she felt the urge to run her fingers against his cheeks.

For the first time she wondered what Spike had been like as a human. Was he like Angel before he was turned? Supposedly Liam O’Connor was not a nice human being. Darla wasn’t much better from what she had read. She knew Drusilla’s story, but she never thought about what Spike had been like.

From the way he talked and acted most of the time she bet he was some kind of robber or something. Then again he really didn’t have the stealth to be a robber. Granted as a vampire he had supernatural grace, but she couldn’t see him being like a cat burglar or anything before he was turned.

From the way he doted on Drusilla, and how upset he was over their break up, Buffy was certain he had been hurt before. Badly.

She wondered if his first experience at love ended a horribly as hers had.

She was so caught up in her contemplation of Spike and what his life had been like before she never noticed the large centipede that was crawling down the wall behind her.

Suddenly a large antenna appeared in her line of sight. She went to move or jump up, but by the time her brain got the message to her muscles it was too late.

The creature had established a connection with her and she could feel her life force being pulled out of her. She tried to move or shout out to alert Spike, but she no longer had control over any of her bodily functions. She couldn’t see anything but the large appendage about an inch away from her eyeball and all she could feel was an alien, cold numbness running up her limbs as she slowly lost herself to this creature.



Spike was buried deep in his dreams. Buried deep in warmth. The warmth of the Slayer. In his dream he hadn’t just bit her, he also stripped her and took her right there against the wall of the cave, making her scream out his name over and over again until the water poured out of the moss from their pressure against it. The cold water sent a chill through him, counteracting the dream of Buffy’s warm flesh.

The chill didn’t dissipate, instead in grew, filling him up inside.

Spike jerked awake, certain that something wasn’t right. He turned to look at the Slayer.

She sat not far from him, her face a chalky white color that live humans should never have and her cheeks were sunken so far into her flesh he thought for a moment that she had lost her flesh and just her skull sat atop of her neck. He caught site of the antennae next, before raising his eyes to the creature it connected to.

Spike didn’t waste anymore time. Panic almost as bad as the time Buffy held a stake to Drusilla, filled him. He vamped out, stood up and grabbed the antenna in front of her face with one hand and the middle of the creature with his other and threw it off the wall away from Buffy. The antenna ripped off in his hand when he did so.

He heard Buffy gasp when he broke the creature’s connection with her, but he didn’t stop to see if she was ok, wanting to deal with this threat first. He grabbed the claw from where it lay just out of reach of her grasp and leaped after the thing.

The creature had only fallen a few yards away and even after loosing and antenna it still headed straight back after Buffy. Spike pushed the claw underneath it and threw it back again, only this time he rushed after it and speared it through the middle. The creature continued to fall, landing on its back. Spike brought the claw down again and again spearing it repeatedly until the thing finally lay still.

Only then did he look back towards Buffy, still snarling and in game face.

She looked pale and haggard still, but not nearly as bad as she had when the creature was feeding off of her. He could already see color beginning to return to her cheeks. Still she was visibly shaking and he breathing was coming in sharp gasps.

She raised her head, met his golden eyes and then her face seemed to dissolve as tears began to pour over her eyelids.

In an instant Spike was on his knees next to her. Even if he weren’t a vampire he would have been able to sense the bone chilling terror inside of her.

Without even thinking about what he was doing or why he felt the overwhelming need to do it, he pulled her into his arms and began stroking her hair, holding her shivering form close to him.

She whimpered then began to sob against him. “I felt so cold and empty.” She cried. “I couldn’t move, I couldn’t stop it.”

“Shhh. Its ok, luv. I’ve got you now. Its dead.” He told her quietly, never ceasing his movements.

He rocked her back and forth, talking to her softly and occasionally brushing his lips softly against her forehead. It was all completely instinctive. He wasn’t consciously aware of what he was doing, all he knew was that she was scared and upset and he wanted to make it better. Who they were and what their roles were never entered into his mind.

Her sobs quieted after a time, then her crying slowed before coming to a stop. He could feel the fear draining out of her slowly.

She pulled away from him finally, still sniffling. She wiped the remaining tears from her eyes determinedly.

“Some Slayer I am. She turned her face away from him. “I fall apart over a stupid bug. No wonder I never got a Slayer handbook.” She started to stand up, but Spike grabbed her arm and made her look back at him.

“You are one of the bravest creatures I’ve encountered, Slayer.” He told her seriously. “It’s ok to have things that scare you, but you have never let that fear rule you.”

Buffy stared at him in shock. The look in his eyes made her feel warm inside, it shook her to the bone. Who was this vampire? She had now idea there was so much more to him than she assumed.

The stayed that way for a few seconds, Buffy lost in his eyes and the words he had spoken. Neither one of them seemed to be aware that they were gradually moving closer and closer to each other.

Buffy tilted her head slightly, and her eyes almost closed as she prepared for the inevitable touch of his lips against hers. She licked her lips, and watched his eyes focus on her tongue before he opened his mouth and moved his head forward to close the last distance between them.

Just then the creature managed to flip itself over, causing them to jump apart and look at it in apprehension. They could see its wounds were beginning to close and where Spike had torn off the antenna a new one was already starting to grow back in its place.

“I thought you killed it.” Buffy said nervously.

“I thought I did.” He answered.

He glanced down at the claw, their only weapon. He looked at her, shrugged, then leapt forward and drove the arm down through the top part of the creature, near its antenna. It went through its body and down into the rock below. It jerked, and then lay still.

“Is it dead now?” Buffy asked.

Spike didn’t answer her at first, just watched it carefully. He saw one of its back legs start to twitch, then the others followed suit as it tried to move and wriggle, but couldn’t because of the claw.

“No.” Spike turned and walked towards Buffy, he took her arm and began to lead her away from the thing. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Don’t you think we should take the claw?” She asked.

Spike turned back to the creature. “I think that will buy us time. It will take it a while to get out of that, I hope.”

Buffy looked back worriedly.

“Come on pet, we need to get moving.” They turned as one and began to move through the corridors.

After a few steps Buffy spoke quietly. “Thank you.” She said. “For saving my life and for what you said.”

Spike didn’t respond. He honestly didn’t know what to say.

Behind them the creature began to heal itself again, its remaining antenna reaching out in the direction Buffy had gone, its legs squirmed to be moving again. It had a taste of her sweet life and it wasn’t going to stop until it devoured it all.
Chapter 7: Trust Given by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone for all their patience. I'm sorry it took so long for updates. Blame Katrina, not me. Now that things are back to normal I hope to start writing again. Reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated since I feel a bit rusty right now.
Chapter 7 Trust Given

After walking in silence for a while, Buffy finally spoke. “Spike, do you have thrall?”

“Thrall?” He snorted. “No. That’s for pansies who don’t want to do any work when they go hunting.”

“But Dru has thrall doesn’t she?”

“Yeah, so?”

“So it would stand to reason that you have some of the same gifts she does, right?” Spike stopped walking and turned to stare at her incredulously. “So maybe you have it even if you don’t realize you have it.” Buffy continued not looking at him.

“Bloody hell. You think that I put some kind of thrall mojo on you to make you react the way you did to my biting you?!”

Buffy still wouldn’t look at him, but her face turned a bright red color. Spike grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.

“Listen to me very carefully, Slayer, because I WON’T be saying this again. I don’t have thrall and I’m not doing anything to you. I won’t hurt you, I’m not playing with you and I’m not trying to make you do or feel anything against your will. We have a deal, you and I. We are working together to get out of this mess and I don’t break my deals. When I give my word to something than it means something. Just because you can’t control your body’s reactions is no reason to put that off on me.”

“I CAN too control my body. I am very good at controlling myself, just ask Angel. And if you don’t have thrall than why didn’t Angel ever have that kind of effect on me, huh?”

The smile that spread across Spike’s face should have let her know she just said something wrong, but she was too upset to think about it. She was hungry, tired and scared; and these feelings, or whatever they were, that kept popping were confusing her.

Spike, meanwhile, had been berating himself in his mind since the incident before. It had been one thing to have a truce with the Slayer not once, but twice. However, his reaction to washing her back and what had happened while she was sleeping was completely unacceptable.

He was a vicious killer and this was his prey, the Slayer!!!

The worst part was after he pulled that centipede creature off of her he had the overwhelming urge to comfort her and be nice! And for a brief moment, he even wanted to kiss her; he wanted to find out if those lush lips tasted as sweet as they looked.

But as it turned out, the Slayer wasn’t as disgusted by these events as she pretended. In fact, it seemed like she was as affected as he was.

‘Angel never had that affect on her?’ he thought to himself. ‘Well, well, well.’

“So you get more of a reaction from the Big Bad biting you, than you did from the Poofter?”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Yes you did. You said ‘why didn’t Angel ever have that kind of effect on me’. ”

“You are just impossible. Forget I said anything.” Buffy fumed. She wrenched her arm away from him and stormed down the cavern.

Unwilling to let this go, Spike followed after her still wearing his large grin. He let her stew for a few minutes before speaking.

“Maybe its because Angel’s too tame for the likes of you. Maybe you need a bit more edge to your man.”

”That ridiculous!!” Buffy scoffed. “Angel’s a vampire too, remember? He was the Scourge of Europe.” She stopped and reminded herself that wasn’t a good thing and Angel certainly wouldn’t appreciate her bragging about that fact.

“He WAS part of it, so was I. The key word in his case being ‘WAS’. Now he’s just an ineffectual, brooding, whining, git who can’t even get his rocks off without become a supreme wanker with more than a few screws loose.”

Buffy glared at Spike. “I really hate you, you know that right?” She looked away. “And Angel is not ineffectual. He helps me all the time.”

‘With cryptic clues and disappearing acts.’ A voice in her head sounded. ‘Lets not forget the mixed signals about our whole relationship I have been wading through for over two years now.’

Buffy pushed aside the treacherous thoughts.

“I love Angel and there is nothing you and your thrall can do to make me stop.”

Furious, but unable to explain why, Spike moved without thinking. Without another word he spun around, grabbed her hips and pushed her back against the moss covered wall. Buffy put her hands against his chest to push him away, but found herself unable to do so.

Boy, her hands fit nicely over his pecs.

Spike pressed the full length of his body against hers. “I told you before I don’t have thrall Slayer.” He whispered against her ear, causing her to shiver against him.

Bad shivers.

Not good shivers.

Not the kind of shivers that raced through her body and centered in her groin.

And she certainly did not feel heat radiating through her hips from where his hands gripped her.

“So when you have reactions like that.” He said noticing the increase in her heart rate. “Its all on you pet, not me.”

He watched her eyes darken and felt himself harden against her. He knew he should let her go, get away from her and get himself under control. But he couldn’t seem to make himself let go.

He was shocked when he eyes took on a defiant edge to them and she pressed herself more tightly against him, grinding her hips against his pelvis.

A strangled moan escaped, before he could stop himself.

“Really, Spike?” Buffy murmured. Her voice was as sweet as honey. Her warm hands began to move slowly over his chest. “Because it feels to me like it’s on both of us.”

She looked up into his clear blue eyes now unfocused with lust. She felt his hands move lower trying to get beyond the thin material of his shirts that covered her. She arched even more towards him, trying to help him.

This was not what she had planned, she had just wanted him to shut up and quit playing with her. She wasn’t planning on getting caught in her own trap, but his hands felt so good and his body pressed into her had her trembling in his arms.

‘God, she was warm’, Spike thought.

Trying to hold onto Drusilla, even when she was lucid and not crying for her ‘Daddy’, was like trying to hold onto a shard of ice.

Cold and sharp. Satisfying in its own way for a vampire.

Never before had Spike felt anything like this. Buffy was warm and soft, with an underlying steel. He remembered his dream before, pounding inside of her, while drinking her blood. Surrounded by this warmth, while at the same time feeling it coursing through his veins. Feeling her hot breath whimpering in his ear, crying out for him, not Angel.

With a growl he gripped her bottom tightly completely unable to let her go. He forced himself to pull back slightly to look into her eyes needing to see if this is what she really wanted. He found no hesitation, confusion or fright. Just a desire that seemed as out of control as his own.

Her eyes were so clear and deep, he felt like she was already swallowing him up whole.

“Buffy…” He stopped, unsure of what to say, but certain if he kept speaking love sonnets would pour from his lips.

“Spike…” She answered. It was a plea. A plea for him, sounding so much like his dream he lost all control.

He kissed her hard, her mouth opened under him automatically under his without any hesitation. Their tongues curled around each other, trying to alleviate some of the need that was building up inside of them.

One of her hands stopped its exploration of his chest and wrapped around his neck, trying to make sure he couldn’t get away from her, couldn’t stop whatever it was he was doing that was causing this burn inside of her.

Spike growled again at her gesture, causing her to gasp against him when she felt the vibrations run through her whole body. She raised on leg and wrapped it over his hip, needing to feel him closer.

He needed to be closer to her. Much, much closer.

Spike couldn’t take it anymore; he had to be inside of her. The warmth of her sex was burning him, even through the heavy denim and zipper of his pants. He tore his mouth from hers, giving her one more deep kiss when he saw her tongue slip out as if chasing his.

He rested his forehead against her while he tried to collect his tangled thoughts enough to form words. He noticed he was gasping in time with her so that every exhale she made he inhaled it; the intimacy of the act had him trembling.

“Slayer.” He gasped. “Buffy, if we don’t stop now, I won’t be able to. So you have to be sure.”

He watched his words sink into her brain through her lust. Her eyes widened as she realized exactly WHAT was going on.

Spike cursed himself for giving her an out, but he couldn’t take her with the risk that she would later regret it and look at him with loathing.

The irony of that wasn’t lost on him either.

“Behind you.” Buffy gasped out.

Her voice startled him back to the present, but he was confused. “What?” He asked dumbly.

Her eyes were wide with panic now. “Behind you!!!” She screamed. She dug her nails into his flesh where her arms were and threw them both to the side so they landed inelegantly in a heap on the ground.

Just barely missing a large stone club that fell where they were just standing.

Buffy immediately untangled herself and jumped up. While Spike’s brain tried to catch up with what was happening. His eyes followed the source of the club to a large lizard creature that stood a good foot taller than either of them. It had long arms that ended with sharp claws and razor sharp teeth in its large mouth.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Spike saw something moving towards him quickly. He moved instinctively, rolling backwards on the ground, over his head. When he came to his feet he stood quickly and jumped back. The end of the creature’s tail, which looked almost like and axe blade, missed his nose by a fraction of a centimeter.

He glanced towards Buffy and saw her looking at him worriedly. He couldn’t help the cocky grin that came over him and he raised an eyebrow as if to say ‘Well of course I’m all right.’

She shook her head, and then jumped farther away from him to avoid the tail as it swung towards her.

Spike couldn’t see her land because the creature was suddenly facing him and between them. He did hear her yell, though. “Spike!!! There are more of them back here.”

The one in front of him tried to strike at him with its mouth, looking like a bird trying to catch a worm. Spike managed to avoid it, but then the stone club met him directly in the chest and batted him back towards the creature’s mouth. He lay on his back, stunned. It probably would have been the moment that he died, if he hadn’t seen something that scared him into action.

He moved without thought. His voice was already screaming out Buffy’s name as he vamped and launched himself at the lizard, deftly avoiding its talons as he moved towards its throat.

“Buffy, run!! Get out of here, now!” He screamed. Whether she couldn’t hear him over the noise of the battle or she couldn’t get away, he didn’t know. He grabbed the creature’s head and twisted it violently. Its teeth managed to grab onto one of his arms, but he moved quickly and while the bite was painful, but his arm was still attached.

Spike didn’t even pause, as the creature’s neck snapped and it fell to the ground. He moved on, until he was standing next to Buffy who was facing four more of the creatures.

She had several cuts on her; he could smell the perfume of her blood in the air. None of her injuries appeared to be too serious, but he could see the exhaustion in her eyes as she tried to avoid all four tails, clubs, and teeth.

The creatures, seeing Spike’s arrival decided to split up their attack with two of the reptiles focusing on him instead.

“RUN!” He roared at her. She looked at him surprised. “Don’t look at me stupidly, run!” He insisted. “I’ll hold them off until you get away.”

They both ducked and rolled away from two different attacks.

“Have you lost your mind?” She yelled when she stood up. “I’m not leaving you here alone.”

“You have to get out of here now.” He screamed. Then, he launched himself at one of the creatures. This time he wasn’t so lucky and felt one of its talons rip into his legs. He didn’t stop moving though, even as he yelled out in pain. He grabbed the creature’s head and snapped its neck.

Before the creature could fall, another one grabbed him by the waist and threw him against the wall. He was dismayed to find Buffy by his side instantly.

“Run.” He gasped. “It’s going to get you.” His voice wasn’t nearly as strong as before since the pain was beginning to sink into him.

“What..” Then she saw. It was moving quickly along the ceiling, about to overtake the reptiles.

The centipede creature.

“Oh my god.” Buffy said.

“You have to run, Slayer. You have to go now.”

Buffy shook her head no, but her eyes never left the creature moving along the ceiling. She watched as it came to where the reptile creatures now circled her and Spike who were back against the stone wall.

The reptiles lifted their clubs and Buffy decided that she would rather die like that, than let the centipede steal her life force. She wasn’t even aware of the fact she was gripping Spike’s hand tightly, as she faced, what she was certain was her death.

Luckily fate intervened. The centipede creature decided to drop down on the unmoving reptiles, thinking them to be boulders. The reptile it landed on, screeched out in shock and its comrades acted immediately. Thinking their brother was in danger; they began clubbing the centipede that crawled down his head.

The attacked reptile retaliated by swinging at his attackers and soon all three were busy trying to kill each other, forgetting about Spike and Buffy. The centipede was partially smashed in between them, but parts of it were still moving and its working antenna reached out towards Buffy from the melee.

Spike slowly stood up, letting go of Buffy’s hand. He stretched trying to make sure all of his parts were attached. He looked down at the Slayer who was still crouched there anticipating a deathblow.

“We need to get out of here.” He told her quietly, not wanting to attract their attention again. He extended his hand to her, to help her up.

She looked up at him for a moment. He was still in game face; blood soaked his jeans and ran down his arm.

“You are going to need to feed to heal fast.” She stated.

Spike didn’t say anything, knowing she was right, but unable to ask.

Buffy looked into his eyes as she reached up to take his hand. “But we need to get a lead on them first. Then we can stop get some blood into you.”

After he helped her stand she squeezed his hand lightly. They moved away from the fight still going on behind them. Every few steps until they rounded the corner, one of them would look back to make sure the centipede hadn’t escaped yet.
Dreams of the Past by Kyra Storm
After they were well beyond the fight, still raging behind them, Spike started to run.
He ran blindly.
He was only aware of two things, the feeling of Buffy’s hand in his and the need to get as far away from the centipede creature as possible. He could hear her heartbeat pounding in his own ears in cadence with their feet. The scent of her fear burned into his nose.
Taking sharp turns whenever he could, Spike hoped to confuse the creature of their whereabouts. Several times now, they’d had to stop short and backtrack quickly because of something large and nasty. Neither one had the strength or stamina for another confrontation.
It was only when Buffy stumbled, pulling sharply at his arm, did he notice she was on the verge of collapse. He slowed his pace only slightly and tore his hand away from hers. When she stumbled into him, he grabbed her around the waist pulling her along next to him.
The jolt of pain through his arm reminded him of his wounds and he almost stumbled himself.
“Just a bit more, pet.” He said. “Just a bit more and we can stop and rest.”
Buffy nodded her head in agreement, too out of breath to speak. Spike knew from the exhaustion on her face she wasn’t going to last too much longer though.
As they ran he started to pay more attention to their surrounding. He extended his senses outward trying to see if there was anything dangerous close by, he also looked for an easily defensible place for them to hole up in.
After a few minutes something caught his eye. One tunnel, almost hidden by a sharp turn to the left, dimmer than the other tunnels around it.
Spike slowed to a walk, Buffy leaned heavily against him, and approached the small opening. He looked up at the mist moving above them and realized that it didn’t enter into the aperture; it appeared to flow around it instead.
“I think I’ve found something.” Spike told Buffy cautiously. It didn’t appear as if she even heard him, her eyes were glassy, and Spike was certain if he let her, she would fall on the ground and not get up.
When they reached the entrance, Spike could see the alcove was only about seven feet deep and there wasn’t any of the phosphorescent moss growing on the back wall. Most of the moss on the sides were thin and didn’t produce much light at all either. Looking upwards revealed that the mist did in fact enter into this cubbyhole, but it was also much thinner.
“I think this it.” He said aloud. He shook Buffy to try and get her to focus her attention on their surroundings.
A shiver ran through her as her eyes focused. A slight movement of her head, up and down, was the only acknowledgement he received. Then a deeper shiver ran through her. The air in the hole was more damp without the insulation of the moss on the walls it was obviously chilling her sweat soaked body.
Spike again loosened his grip on her as quickly stripped off his duster and wrapped it around her tightly. Then he led her to the back of the alcove and helped her sit down near the back wall.
“I’m going to go grab some of that moss stuff so you can hydrate. I’ll be right back.”
When he returned a few moments later, she was still trying to catch her breath. He handed her a fistful of the colorful, glowing substance.
“Here you go.” He offered it to her, but she didn’t reach to take it. Confused he knelt down in front of her; her eyes were focused and awake. “Slayer?” He offered her the moss again. This time she shook her head no.
Spike sighed. “Come on now. Don’t be difficult.” He tried again to hand it to her, this time when she didn’t move to accept it he grabbed her hand and pushed it into her palm.
“No.” Her voice, clear and strong surprised him. He looked at her and could see fierce determination in her gaze. He looked away and clenched his jaw. For a few seconds neither of them moved. Then he grabbed one of his few remaining cigarettes out of his jeans pocket. He lit it as he moved across the narrow space to sit with his back against the wall and face her.
He smoked about half of the cigarette before he looked up at her again. “So that’s it, you’re just going to give up then?”
“Not exactly.” She answered, the steel in her voice mirrored the strength in her gaze.
“Really?” He chuckled, and then took another drag. “See, you could have fooled me. Because this,” he gestured towards her. “This looks like giving up.”
She leaned forward and stared at him intently. “That thing is hunting me. It seems to be able to track me somehow and we can’t kill it.” A visible shiver ran through her. Spike wanted to go over to her and ease her shakes, but he didn’t. He wasn’t going to condone her self-pity. “You told me that my blood could sustain you for a long time. What would it be like if you took it all?”
Spike froze with the cigarette halfway to his mouth. “What are you on about?”
Buffy swallowed. “If you kill me, then you might have the strength…
“NO!!” Spike yelled.
“…to kill that thing.”
“NO!!” He yelled again, jumping up.
“Spike…”
“Get it out of your head right now, Summers.”
“…you might be strong enough to make it out of here.”
“I am NOT helping you kill yourself.”
“If you don’t then we are both probably going to die.” Buffy yelled back.
Spike shrugged.
“Spike, don’t you want to get out of here.”
“Don’t know. I’m kind of getting used to this lighting down here.” Spike looked down at himself. “I think it flatters my complexion, don’t you?”
“Would you get serious?” Buffy snapped, finally losing the calm and controlled act she had put on.
“I am being serious.” Spike looked over at her. “You mean you don’t think this is good lighting for me. I bet I look pretty damn sexy in this light.”
Buffy gaped at him disbelieving. “Did those things hit you on your head?”
Spike knelt down in front of her again. “Maybe that’s it.” He commented.
“What? You’ve suffered brain damage?”
“No.” He answered with a grin. “Maybe you’re just afraid that if you are around my sexy body much longer, you won’t be to help yourself. You’ll just jump my bones.” He leaned in towards her, planning on kissing her.
Buffy pushed him away angrily. “Would you get over yourself?” She snapped.
Seeing that she wasn’t going to let him distract her from her plan Spike took another course. Grabbing her shoulders so she couldn’t turn away he looked her straight in the eye.
“Remember how I told you before how brave I thought you were? How you didn’t let your fears rule you?”
Buffy ducked her head, so he grabbed her chin and made her face him.
“I know you are afraid Buffy. I know that you are far from home and you don’t have your Watcher or your friends here to back you up. I know that you miss your mum and you are tired and hungry.” Tears began to fill in her eyes. “But you can’t give up. You can’t let these wankers win.”
“How can I fight them when every day it gets harder and harder just to keep up with you?” She asked him quietly. “Soon I won’t be able to and then you’ll have to leave me behind anyway.”
“Never.” He swore. “We made a deal, you and I. And while I may not be your first choice of back up, I DO have your back, Slayer. I promise you, I won’t let that thing get its mitts on you. We are going to walk out of here together, you have my word on that.” He finished earnestly.
Buffy stared at him. “Who are you?” She asked.
Spike grinned. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”
“Now, how about you get some sleep?”
“Ok.”
“But first, I want you to try and get some liquid in you.” Buffy looked at the moss she dropped on the ground.
“But it’s all icky now.”
Spike rolled his eyes and stood up. “Well, it just so happens I know where there’s more.”
This time when he returned he was relieved to see her accept the moss and immediately begin sucking on it.
“You know after this, I’m never going to complain about tap water again.”
Spike made a face. “You don’t actually drink that, do you?”
“No, mom won’t let me drink any water that actually fizzes after you get a glass.”
“Your mum’s a smart lady, drinking town water, when that town is over a Hellmouth isn’t usually a good idea.”
Buffy didn’t answer right away, then, “What do you think she’s doing right now?”
“She’s probably with the Watcher and the rest of your little friends trying to figure out where you are.” Spike sat down next to her.
“I miss them a lot.” Buffy whispered.
“Try and get some sleep. You’ll feel better after a kip.”
“What’s a kip?”
Spike sighed. “Its means ‘get some sleep’. So go to sleep.”
“This isn’t exactly the most comfortable place to sleep, you know.”
“Come ‘ere.” Spike said.
“Where?” Buffy asked suspiciously.
“Move closer to me and you can put your head on my shoulder.”
“On your shoulder?”
“Yes, Slayer on my shoulder. Its not a down pillow, but I bet its better than damp stone.” Buffy still looked doubtful. “Look, its not like I’m going to do anything while your asleep, provided you keep your hands to yourself.”
Buffy turned bright red, but finally moved over and lay her head down on his shoulder.
“But you still need to eat to heal.” She protested tiredly.
“You just want to get my hands on your body, huh Slayer?”
“You PIG!! Forget I said anything, sit there and bleed for all I care.”
Spike chuckled at her vehement denial.
‘The lady doth protest too much.’ He thought smugly.
Buffy ignored him and made a production of getting comfortable on his shoulder.
Then, for a long while they sat like that in complete silence.
“Slayer.”
“Hmmm.”
“Why aren’t you asleep yet?”
“How do you know I’m not?”
“I can tell by your breathing, and the fact you’re answering me.”
“I don’t know.” She whined. “I’m trying, but I can’t relax.”
“Well try.”
“I usually listen to music before I go to sleep.”
“I don’t exactly have a radio at my disposal.” Spike said.
“I know.” Buffy pouted, then she brightened. “But you could tell me a story!”
“A story? What kind of story?”
“A good story, something to take my mind off this place.”
“I don’t know any stories.”
Buffy raised her head to look at him.
“You mean to tell me you’ve lived this long and you don’t know any stories?”
“None that you would want to hear.” When she glared at him, he further explained. “Do you want to hear about the glory days when your ex was his soulless self?”
“I guess not.” She grudgingly admitted. “It was just an idea.”
Spike sighed and shook his head.
God she was a pain. She couldn’t go to sleep so he was supposed to entertain her.
Spike sighed.
“Once a long time ago there was this poncy little boy named Billy. Billy was your typical poncy momma’s boy. He wrote poetry and believed in true love and he was certain that someday he would grow up and find the woman of his dreams. She would love him in return and the two of them would have a relationship that was so strong it would be the stuff great stories were written about. Their love would be like magic, able to work miracles. They would travel the world together, always taking his mother along, of course. Traveling to see all the beautiful sites there are to see in the world.”
When the words started to come out he didn’t even realized they were coming from him until she raised her eyes to stare at him. The amazement and gratitude in them made him continue on when embarrassment threatened to quiet him. As he continued, his voice changed into a much more cultured and smooth voice. It lulled her eyes closed in a manner of seconds. The story he told now becoming a part of her dreamscape, but Spike didn’t notice, too caught up in the memories and feelings from years before, and a person he had long since ceased to be.


Meanwhile upstairs, the Vampire Council was in the middle of one of its sessions when suddenly there was an interruption.

“My lordssss, forgive me.” In the center of the room, a cloud of mist suddenly bubbled up.

“What is the meaning of this?” Mastema yelled out.

“My lord, the Sssslayer and the vampire have dissssappeared.”

“Disappeared? How? That shouldn’t be possible. Have they escaped somehow?”

Quiet murmurs began to occur around the room as several members of the Council wondered how something like this could have happened.

“No Massster, they were running from the Ugallu-demon and then they disappeared.”

The murmurs became louder at the mention of an Ugallu-demon.

“…Thought it was destroyed before the Earth was made…”

“…belonged in the army of Tiamak…”

“…Marduk destroyed before creating Babylon…”

“…hunting the Slayer…”

“Ipwet, why would your vampire still choose to side with the Slayer, they won’t be able to escape it or kill it?” Rangda hissed.

Ipwet silenced her with a glance, focusing instead on Mastema and the mist in front of them.

“It issss like what happened before.” The mist said softly, Ipwet didn’t think any of the others heard, too intent on their gossip.

“But that one, was an exception, he built the Garden.”

Mastema spoke so sharply that it silenced everyone. “Then I’ll send guards down. They will come back with the Slayer’s head and Williams coat or they will STAY there!!!” He ended in a roar.

Guards standing next to the doorways into the meeting room scurried out to assign vampires to go investigate, hoping they wouldn’t also have to go down into the Garden.


Buffy didn’t know exactly how she had gotten here, but she was in a large parlor, dressed in some frilly dress that was more overdone in lace and frou-frou than the dress she had worn for Halloween. All around her young people talked and laughed, none of them looked familiar.
One voice suddenly rose above the others and started reciting poetry. Buffy moved in closer to hear him better. She enjoyed the poem; she thought it sweet that this man had written a poem for his ladylove. No one she knew had ever written a poem like that.
Whoever, his girlfriend was, she was a lucky woman, Buffy thought jealously.
Her thoughts were cut short by the cruel and bitter laughter that erupted around her. In the center of the group of people, was another man. Buffy couldn’t make out what he looked like because he had his back to her. She watched him rush off after a woman who had left moments before looking upset.
It took a few moments before she caught up with the comments from those standing around her.
“You know they call him ‘William the Bloody’ because of his bloody awful poetry?” A snotty young man said, next to her.
Buffy felt compelled to follow after the poet. She wanted to see the eyes of the man who could put himself out like that. She took off, hoping he hadn’t gone too far ahead of her. She just about gave up hope, thinking she lost him when she heard voices talking.
“William, you’re beneath me.”
Buffy had been approaching a curtained off couch, when those words were spoken, she wasn’t prepared for the young poet to come storming out. He moved to fast for her to see what he looked like. He mumbled an apology for pushing into her and ran past. Buffy stared at the couch he just departed and gasped when she saw a female demon sitting there quite comfortably, looking very pleased with herself.
Suddenly, afraid for the young poet she took off after him again. She raced outside with no thought of a coat and chased after his back as he moved quickly down the street. She saw him turn into an old barn, and she barreled in right after him. He turned towards her surprised at her presence. His eyes were a deep blue and filled with sadness and tears. It seemed then that tears filled her eyes because the young poet swam before her vision and then Spike stood before her with the same blue eyes.
There was movement off to the side and then Drusilla seemed to step through her towards Spike.
No, it wasn’t Spike it was the young poet. Then it was Spike again.
Drusilla reached out and touched his cheek and then Buffy knew. Before she could even react though, if felt like someone pushed her hard.
“Buffy, we’ve got company, luv. Time to wake up.”
Her body shook again and her eyes flew open. “Spike, it was you. It was you that…”
Rocks rained down on her as the entire tunnel shook.
“What the hell?” She shouted.
“Our exit is blocked and unless we can convince that thing to go away we’re going to get crushed.” Spike shouted. More rocks came down as something loud roared at the entrance and what looked like a large stinger entered and raked against the ceiling pulling down boulders.
Chapter 9: An Ally by Kyra Storm
“Spike!” Buffy yelled over the sound of falling rocks. A boulder dropped onto her should pushing her to her knees. “Do Something!”

Even though he was only on the other side of the narrow space, he couldn’t reach her with the stinger flying wildly through the air and the rocks falling down on them.

“I can’t.” Spike yelled back in frustration. “I can’t get around this damn thing and I can’t get a hold of it either.”

Buffy struggled to climb to her feet, but soon gave up, feeling all of her injuries screaming in protest. Instead she crouched on the ground with her arms covering her head trying to avoid being knocked unconscious.

“If you would have listened to me in the first place, maybe you would be able to do something.” She cried.

Spike flattened himself against the wall, as the stinger flew towards him but it still managed to cut into his chest. Thankfully the poison that dripped from the end didn’t have time to get into his system. “What are you blathering about, Slayer?” He gritted his teeth against the pain.

“If you had finished me off like I told you to.” She insisted. A whimper of pain escaped her as more rocks fell on top of her.

“Bloody buggering hell!!” Spike swore. This stupid fucking stubborn bint, any excuse to prove that she was right and he was wrong.

“Get your arse over here, Slayer. I’ll be more than happy to drain you RIGHT now!” He roared. Deep inside he knew his rage was also fueled by his concern that she wasn’t going to make it against this new attack.

“No!” Buffy yelled back, trying to keep from crying at the pain, exhaustion and the helplessness of the situation. “You had your chance and you turned me down.”

“ARRGH!!” Spike growled out. “Well, you had better hope we die here, because if we don’t, I’m going to wring your bloody neck!”

Buffy didn’t have the strength to yell anymore. “You are more than welcome to try Blood Breath.” She gasped.

Spike saw her drop her arms as more rocks poured over her. He waited until the stinger drew back and then tried to dive across the space to shelter her from the falling rocks, but he didn’t take into account the rocks that were also falling on him. One hit him in the leg, and he fell flat on his face across the tunnel.

Buffy raised her head and met his eyes. In that instant it all disappeared, the rocks, the creature, even this dungeon. It was just the two of them.

She reached out and took his hand, tears gathered in her eyes, but didn’t fall.

“I saw you.” She whispered.

Spike’s eyes widened. “Buffy…Ahhh FUCK!!” He yelled as the stinger came down and pierced his shoulder. This time he could feel the poison pumping through his veins paralyzing him.

“Spike.” Buffy cried, but knew there was nothing she could do. She was too weak. In a matter of seconds, he lay there immobile. “Don’t you dare dust on me, Bleach Brain.”

The creature must have known it hit something because instead of trying to attack now it seemed to be trying to pull its prey out of the tunnel by dragging along the ground. Buffy tried to keep a hold of Spike’s hand and not let the creature have him, but she was too weak and it kept pulling him closer to the entrance.

“Over here.” A loud voice bellowed. Buffy looked behind them and where there was once a solid stone wall there was now a doorway and a dull red arm poking though gesturing her over. “Well, come on. What are you waiting for?” The voice urged.

“He can’t move.” Buffy said desperately. “Please help us.” The thought that this being might not be friendly never crossed her mind.

The creature was getting frustrated the its prey wasn’t coming out as easily as it wanted so again it raised up preparing to sting again. This time when it loosened rocks along the ceiling one came crashing down on Buffy’s head knocking her unconscious.


Upstairs Mastema sat alone in his hall wondering what to do about William and the Slayer. That they were still alive he had no doubt, he could feel the younger vampire clearly and he was certain the Slayer was still with him.

He could only assume that the Wild Card had decided to step in again.

Mastema cursed aloud as he wished once again he could get rid of that one once and for all. Honestly, if he could just find the creature he would be willing to send him back to his own people just to be rid of him, but he couldn’t find him.

Not too surprising since that creature was the one who had built the Garden. Mastema had planned on killing him, but he had found out and had gone into hiding down there many years before.

Most of the time Mastema could forget about him, but then he would appear again, or do something that made it apparent that he still lived down there.

On top of all of this Mastema sensed there was trouble within the Council. He wasn’t sure where it was coming from, but he was certain there were those among them plotting against him. He suspected it was Baraqel, that one was hungry for power. Yet there were many others who also hungered for power.

And losing William in the Slayer would be seen as weakness to those who were plotting against him.

Mastema thought about Ipwet. That one had been a surprise. She was bold and cunning, yet she also had intelligence enough to know her limits. Maybe he could use her to try and find out which of the Council were plotting his demise. He could offer her a more powerful seat on the Council if she succeeded in helping him. The bucking of traditions would upset the older members, but maybe they needed to be upset. Maybe it would put them back in their place to lose some of their power.

His mind again when back to the now missing William. Perhaps Ipwet was right about that one. He would have made a spectacular ‘Second’ to him. All that would be needed would be to reign in his free spirit and rebellious nature, but most vampires could control that if they were offered the right incentive.

It was such a shame that instead he would have to be killed.



Buffy came awake slowly. She opened her eyes and saw a red face with bright white hair staring down at her. She scrambled backwards only to bump into someone else. She turned her head and saw Spike sitting up against a stone wall.

“Spike are you ok?” She asked urgently, glancing back at the creature who had by now backed up away from her.

“Ah, he’s a vampire. He’ll be just fine once the poison gets out of his system.” The creature drawled. Buffy turned to face him fully.

His skin was all the same dull red color; the only break in it was the bright white hair that only stood about a quarter inch off his head and what appeared to be blue jeans that covered his four legs. He stood about six and half feet tall and also had an extra pair of arms to match his extra pair of legs.

“If you try anything, I will gut you.” Buffy told him, hoping she sounded stronger than she felt.

“Hey now, is that anyway to treat someone who just helped you?” She noticed he had a deep Southern accent. Actually, his voice sounded almost exactly like that actor who married Angelina Jolie. Billy Bob Something.

“The question is why did you help us?” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“Well shoot, I see someone about to get eaten by one of those things, I figured you might need a hand.”

“Are you one of the Old Man’s ‘pets’.” Spike’s voice rasped. Buffy looked back at him relieved to see he was indeed regaining control of his body.

“More like one of the inmates. Actually I’m usually the only one, most of the others I find too late, and they’ve already been dinner and they are on their way out the other end. Know what I mean?” He gave a chuckle.

Spike and Buffy exchanged a look; Buffy tried a polite smile and nod.

“How long have you been here?”

“I have no idea. You can’t really tell time down here, you know. I tried to keep a count of the days at first, but then some days I forgot to mark and other days lasted so long I marked them twice. I’ve never been real good at keeping up with things.”

“How did you get here?” Buffy asked.

“I was here before all those monsters. I built this place.”

“What do you mean you built this place?” Spike asked. He kept trying to move his arm, but so far with no luck. Without him saying anything Buffy seemed to know what he was doing. She moved carefully so she didn’t aggravate any of her injuries and began to rub on his arms, attempting to get them moving again sooner.

“I mean I built it.” The creature told them. “My kind are known for our digging abilities. We have a way of working with dirt and rock. We can make a palace out of a coal mine, know what I mean?”

Buffy gave Spike an incredulous look.

“Sure we do.” Spike said, to keep the guy talking.

“So this vampire shows up and offers a good deal of gold to anyone willing to come and work on his dungeon. Now my people don’t usually take contract work, but I had made some mistakes in my past, so I didn’t have all of the things most of my people did. Personally, I couldn’t care less, but then I had a litter. That changes a man.”

Buffy was saw that Spike was now able to move his arm, so she moved so she could rub on the other one.

“So you decided to take the job?”

“Shit yeah. For what he was willing to pay, I could guarantee my girls got into the best schools and had the best things.” The creature smiled proudly. “They were all girls, my litter. And the prettiest little girls in the whole community. Even the ones who didn’t like me had to admit that.”

He sighed. “They probably think I’m dead now, either that or their momma convinced them I abandoned them with the gold.”

“What happened?” Buffy asked gently.

“I was just about finished here when I heard some of the vampires talking about how they needed to finish ME off. Well I showed them. I took off into the ground and they haven’t been able to find me since. Plus all those nasty creatures they keep in there can’t get to me either.”

“Why didn’t you just dig your way out then?” Spike asked.

The creature looked very sheepish. “That’s the one problem with my people, we can’t dig up and to get out of here I would have to dig up.”

“What do you mean you can’t dig up?” Buffy asked.

“Just that, we can’t dig up.”

“You can’t dig up.”

The creature looked at her like she was stupid. “No. We can’t dig up. I just said that.” He looked as Spike. “Kinda slow is she?”

Spike grinned. “You get used to it.”

Buffy hit him in the arm. “Ow.” Spike snapped.

“Look’s like you have feeling back in this arm too.” Buffy said sweetly.

“I have a few other appendages you can rub, pet.” Spike said with a grin.

“Gross, Spike.” She said. Then looked away quickly hoping he didn’t notice the blush that crept across her face. “So you save our lives and we don’t even know your name.”

“Oh sorry about that.” He stuck out one of his hands. “Solum. Solum Rocca, Jr.”

“I’m Buffy and this is Spike.” Buffy shook his hand. “Thank you for saving us.”

“Not a problem. You’d be surprised how lonely you get down here after a few years.”

Spike started shaking his legs trying to get the feeling to move down towards his feet so he could walk again. He looked at Buffy and saw how tired and worn she still was, not too mention hungry.

“So what do you eat?” Spike asked him.

“Oh, there’s food all over the place.”

“Please tell me you aren’t talking about demon meat.” Buffy couldn’t help but say.

He gave her a strange look. “Shoot, no. I was talking about fish.”

“Fish!!”

“Yeah, come on I’ll show you.”

Buffy looked at Spike. “Can you walk yet?”

Spike could see the hope in her eyes and even though he really wasn’t ready to, he tried to stand up. “I think I could if you help me.”

She was at his side in an instant. He was surprised at how comfortable he felt in her presence now and how much he had come to depend on her.

“And you left this on the ground, but I grabbed it for you.” Solum said picking Spike’s duster up and handing to him.

“There’s my baby.”

“Its sick how much you depend on that coat.” Buffy said teasingly. Even though things were far from solved, she felt much better here on Solum’s side of the dungeon.

Solum moved off in front of them, leaving them to follow behind.

“Can we trust him, you think?” Buffy whispered soft enough so only Spike could hear her.

“Everything down here has tried to kill us so far.”

“But if he really does have food…” She said longingly.

Spike looked at her. Her cheeks were gaunt and her eyes had dark rings under them. “We’ll check it out. But stay on your guard Slayer.”

"I'm always on my guard Spike." She said.

"Unless you are asleep, or.."

"You do realize I could drop you any time right?" She said.

He just smiled at her certain she would do no such thing.
Chapter 10: Feeding the Hunger by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
A/N: Ok this chapter was a little bit longer than the others to make up for the cliffhanger. Its also to make up for the fact that I probably won’t be able to update again for a while. On Thursday I have to return to the ‘Chocolate City’ (stupid Mayor Nagin) and I have to be there for a week and a half.
So no more updates probably until at least two weeks.
Sorry.
However, let me know what you think and I’ll try to work on it while I’m there so I can post ASAP. For those of you waiting on Life Eternal, I’m going to try and get that updated before I leave, too. As always, I make no promises.

Before I forget, thank you to whoever nominated Closure at the Fang Fetish Awards. I am so excited about that.

Kyra
Chapter 10: Feeding the Hunger

“Mmm good.” Buffy’s voice was muffled due to the large mouthful she currently was trying to chew.

“Did you want me to go ahead and catch a couple more, then?” Solum asked her.

“Mmpf!!” She tried, but there was still too much food in there to be understood clearly, so she settled for nodding frantically.

She glared at the smirk on Spike’s face when he tried to hand her a bowl of water.

She drank some water and swallowed down another large section of food, enough to be able to communicate at least. “Yes, please.” She managed to get out, but then started coughing and choking.

Spike burst out laughing then ducked down as she threw a fish tail at him.

“Easy Slayer, we’ll go catch some more fish for you.” He stood up and followed the other male, still laughing at how adorable she was, even with her cheeks packed with food.

“Your little lady has quite the appetite, don’ she?” Solum commented.

“You’d be surprised.” Spike said, then it hit him what he had agreed with. “But she’s not my lady. She’s not MY anything.”

“Really. Shoot, I wish I had a woman like that, with no strings attached. That would be like a childhood dream come true.”

“Nah, mate. It’s not like that at all. We’re actually mortal enemies.”

“Enemies? I take it you’re going with the whole concept of ‘keeping your enemies closer’.”

“We just agreed to a truce until we can get out of here. Then we will go back to our normal behavior of trying to kill each other.”

Solum just gave him a very confused look, but didn’t say anything else as they entered the cavern with the large underwater pool that held that fed the streams where the fish lived.

Spike and Buffy had been very pleasantly surprised by Solum’s makeshift home under the ground.

They had followed him through several dark and winding tunnels, unlike the Garden itself, the only source of light had been from the torch he carried. The roar of water, unseen surrounded them.

“Is that the water that feeds the day-glo moss?” Spike had to shouted over the water.

“Yeah. That was the trickiest part, you know? That moss likes its moisture, but it hates water. So I had to figure out a way to keep it happy. Rocks I understand, plants are like a whole other species. Know what I mean?”

“Yeah, plants and rocks are a bit different.” Spike shot an amused look at Buffy, who fought to hide her grin.

“Well, here’s the front door.” Solum had said, stopping in front of a solid rock wall. He offered Buffy the torch. “Can you hold this darlin'?” After she took it he put his arms up to push it aside. “I guess it’s actually more like a back door.” He began pushing and they could see light through the widening crack he created. Then he stopped again. “Or more like a side door even.” He looked over at them and seemed to realize they didn’t care which it was. “Oh sorry.” He moved the rock out of the way and stepped through the lighted doorway, leaving them to follow.

Since it was so narrow, Buffy slipped through first, still carrying the torch.

“Spike!!” She yelled. “It’s a way out.”

Spike followed quickly, but stopped short when he saw what her excitement was about.

They were in a large cavern about three hundred yards across. In the center was a large underwater lake that took up almost half of the space. High above the lake, about one hundred and fifty feet was a large skylight in the ceiling of the cavern.

“I don’t think so, Slayer.” Spike told her.

“What are you talking about?” She demanded. “Look!! I can see sunlight and clouds and all we have to do is climb up to it.”

Spike shook his head. Yeah, it would be simple if you didn’t mind crawling upside down across the ceiling about a hundred feet. He grabbed her arm. “Buffy.” The use of her name caught her attention. “Neither one of us is up for a climb right now. Let’s talk about this after we get some food in you.”

Buffy looked up longingly at the sunlight again, but this time she seemed to notice how difficult it would be.

“Ok. She said, disappointment evident in her voice.

“We’re not giving up, here.”

“I know.” She said forcing a smile.

Her stomach growled loudly.

“Let me give ya’ll the tour, then I’ll catch us some lunch.” Solum said.

Across from the area they entered was a cavern Solum used for his main living quarters. He had set it up quite nice. There was even furniture and a bed made out of a leopard hide.

Spike asked how he managed to find wood and animal skins down here, which led Solum to show them the net. It was spread out across the stream that flowed out of the lake and deeper into the tunnels to feed the moss. In that he caught animals, trees, driftwood, leaves.

He then showed a small alcove that had a large geothermic pool in it.

“I can take me a bath in there and dry out my find over here on this vent.” He said, pointing to where a large pocket of steam rose towards the ceiling. “I also can dry out my drawers.”

“Your what?” Buffy asked.

“He means his pants, pet.” Spike told her.

Buffy gave him a disbelieving look.

“His pants?”

“Yep, I hate wearing wet britches, gotta dry ‘em somehow.”

“Of course, they’re your pants.” Buffy said. “Um, I don’t mean to be a pain, but could we get to the eating part soon. Please?”

“Sure thing, darling. We’ll head over to my little place and you can wait there while I catch us some grub.”

And now here Spike was trying to catch more fish for Buffy so she could build up her strength and Solum seemed to think they were a couple or something.

“I mean I have someone in my life.” Spike continued on even though Solum hadn’t said anything else. “Someone I’ve been with for over a century. You don’t just throw away a commitment like that.” Solum raised an eyebrow at him.

“Granted, Drusilla is pretty ticked off right now because of the last truce I had with the Slayer, but she’ll get over it.” Again Solum said nothing, this time he didn’t even look up, just watched the water where put his line in.

After a few minutes of silence Spike spoke up again. “She dropped an organ on me once. Put me in a wheel chair for months, she did.” His voice gathered more emotion, it became very decisive. “Actually, I hate her. It taking all of my energy NOT to kill her.” Spike saw Solum begin to pull on the line because he had a bite, but Spike just continued on. “Sure I respect her as a fighter. I mean I haven’t been able to kill her yet and I’ve killed two Slayers in my time. That says something about her skill. But still I hate her. I do. Once we’re out of this place I’m going to kill her once and for all.”

“As long as you’re certain.” It was almost a surprise when Solum spoke up, Spike had forgotten him. “Ya think this is enough fish?” He asked holding up another cluster.

“Uh, yeah.” Spike said, wondering when he had time to catch all of those.

“All righty, then. Lets head back to your mortal enemy.”

“Right.” Spike said with a growl, glad he reminded him of his anger. He turned to follow him, but then stopped. “Do you have another water container? She’ll probably need more to drink.”

Spike didn’t understand the smirk on Solum’s face as he took the carved wooden bowl from him.


It was with a full belly, Buffy woke from her nap. She could tell from the now dim light above the sun was about to set. She saw no sign of Spike or Solum, but she vaguely remembered them talking about using some of his finds to make them more comfortable.

After she had eaten Buffy had lay her head back against the wall she was sitting against. Even though it was cold and damp it didn’t counteract her fatigue. For the first time, in a long time she felt almost content. She had food in her stomach and the fear and worry that had been her constant companion for the past few days had disappeared for the moment. She tried to follow the conversation going on around her, but her eyes had closed of their own volition.

The last thing she remembered before her eyes closed was Solum saying that there was only one other alcove along the main cavern so they would have to share. Then he got a strange smile on his round face and said he didn’t imagine they would mind sharing.

Buffy hadn’t had the energy to question that statement at the time, but now she wondered about it.

Did Spike tell him something about her? Did he tell him something about the two of them?

Did he tell that…that… what was Solum anyway?

She shook her head. Spike had better not have told him about their kiss.

Then again that didn’t seem like something he would do. She remembered her dream. The sight of William’s eyes as he pleaded with that horrible woman to give him a chance, the love and adoration he obviously held for her. The same look he gave Drusilla now.

That wasn’t someone who would play with her like that. Sure, he would try to kill the first chance he got, but playing games like that just didn’t seem his style.

No that was much more like Angelus.

She shook her head again, trying to rid herself of the treacherous thoughts about her boyfriend and her soft feeling towards Spike. He would kill her as soon as they were out of here. This was just another one of their truces.

(When did that become so acceptable to her mind?)

The only reason that the kiss happened between them was because they were fighting to survive and that desperation led to the intense feelings and THAT led to the kiss. She had seen enough soap operas to know that plot. She also knew from the soaps, that it never worked out after they got back to civilization. The characters were usually just trying to cling to something familiar.

(So why did his kiss affect her more than sex with Angel?)

Now she needed to stop worrying about this silly stuff.

She should go find the guys and help them. Although she didn’t know if she should consider Solum a guy.

Why didn’t Spike wake her? She wondered as she stood up and stretched. Her muscles were still tight and sore, but she did feel better. Her injuries weren’t nearly as painful as before.

Spike had to be in worse shape than she was. He hadn’t slept in days probably, plus he was injured, plus he had been paralyzed only a few hours ago.

The stupid vampire should have woken her up.

When she didn’t see either of them in the main cavern, she headed to the bathing room, thinking she would find them there, but when she arrived there were two torches on the wall and no sign of them.

She turned to look at the steaming pool and found herself drawn there automatically. She knelt down and ran her hand in the water.

It was definitely warm, bordering on hot, but not uncomfortable so. It would be so nice against all of her sore muscles.

She looked down at the now filthy and torn shirts she had one. These were almost as bad as what she had arrived in. She was surprised Spike hadn’t mentioned the smell again. Even she could smell herself.

A bath would easily get rid of the smell and getting rid of the smell would probably help Spike sleep. She owed it to both of them to get a bath.

Having made up her mind, Buffy allowed herself to slip into the water; a sigh of bliss escaped her lips at the feeling of the water on her sore body. She sank down to her shoulders and tilted her head back allowing her neck to feel some of the soothing heat.

This was so nice. She could stay here forever.

She noticed all of the dirt floating away, coming mainly off the shirts that now clung heavily to her. She looked at the entrance to the cavern doubtfully for several moments. She listened for any noise coming from the main area, but heard nothing. After debating with herself for several more minutes, she finally decided to get truly clean she would have to take off the shirt, they needed to be wrung out to get all of the dirt out of them and she couldn’t do that with them on. Besides, she would be able to hear Spike if they came her way and she could easily throw her clothes back on then.

The water felt even better on her naked skin. She smiled to herself then pushed farther out into the water. It wasn’t a large pool only about twelve feet across at the widest point, but it was still large enough for her to spread out and float across on her back. She had a shirt in each hand as she floated, using them almost like flippers to move through the water.

By the time she reached the other side the tension melting away made her almost giddy. She couldn’t help but giggle a little at how good she felt, and then quickly did a series of back flips pleased when a delightful number of pops ran down her spinal column.

When she finally stopped she realized she still held the shirts in her hands and they still needed to be cleaned. She started agitating them in the water, with much zeal. Soon she was jumping around dancing and splashing in the water.

She was so caught up in having fun she never noticed Spike’s approach.


Solum had been starting to get weary so Spike told him to go ahead and get some sleep. He would finish setting up their space and then go quietly move Buffy when he was done, certain she wouldn’t wake again before morning.

He was currently headed back to the bathing room with his hands full of sticks, which he was going to dry then use as a frame for two small beds for them. He had enough supplies that if he were going to make one bed, it would almost be comfortable, but for two beds it would be a little bit better than the stone floor.

He just came to the entrance of the room that held the warm pool when he saw her.

She was bouncing up and down singing to herself and spinning his shirts around her in the water.

And she was naked.

He dropped the sticks he had been carrying and for several long moments he just stood there with his mouth hanging open. Her watched her breasts as they bounced up and down with her movements; droplets of water ran down them enticingly only to drip off of her nipples.

He watched as she stopped bouncing and flipped backwards in the water giving him a glimpse of the dark hair at the apex of her thighs.

‘Well, well, looks like someone isn’t a natural blonde.’ He thought to himself. That thought seemed to get him over his shock. He quickly picked up the sticks he dropped and ducked back around the entrance so she couldn’t see him. Once there he tried to get control of himself. His pants were so tight against his crotch it was almost uncomfortable and he used one hand to adjust himself trying to get a bit of room.

He debated for a moment of just walking away and coming back when she was finished, give her the privacy to enjoy her bath.

Then the evil part of his brain jumped in. Tormenting her was way too big of a temptation for him to pass up. Not too mention the fact that he may get a closer look at some of those goodies he just saw bouncing around in front of him.

Mind made up, he hoisted the sticks up onto his shoulder and ducked his head. He again headed for the entrance to the bathing room only this time he started whistling loud enough to announce his presence.

He made it about five feet in, keeping his head down and his eyes averted from the pool when she noticed him. The splashing sounds came to an abrupt halt and he heard a shocked gasp then.

“Spike!!” He looked over and couldn’t help but smirk when he saw her now ducked down in the water, making it difficult for him to see anything but the bright red of her skin as she blushed in embarrassment at being caught in the buff.

“Well hello there Slayer. Decide to freshen up a bit?” He asked her, barely managing to keep any sort of innuendo out of his voice. If anything her blush deepened.

“Yes.” She said, trying not to meet his eyes.

“You should probably wash out those shirts too. They were getting to be a bit ripe, you know.”

“I already did.” She said.

Spike laid the sticks on the vent to dry and turned back to Buffy. “You want me to put them up here to dry? That way you don’t have to put on wet clothes and go back into the damp cave. We don’t want you to catch your death no do we.”

Buffy was so caught up in her embarrassment she didn’t even notice the teasing in his voice.

“Um, I don’t think, that is, um, I don’t know if that’s…”

“It will only take about five minutes. Sol says if you leave clothes on there for longer than that they burn up and we don’t want that do we?” Spike went and stood at the edge of the pool, but still couldn’t see anything very clearly since she was ducked down in the water.

“Come on, throw them here, I’ll see about getting them dry for you.” With a nervous glance at his face before she ducked her head again, she threw the wet heavy shirts in his direction and they managed to land only three feet from the edge, too far for him to reach.

He gave her what he hoped was an admonishing look, not a predatory one. “Now you are going to have to push them the rest of the way over. I swear Slayer, are you trying to be difficult here?”

“No.” She swam closer to him and pushed the shirts almost to the edge. She didn’t notice him hungrily looking at her rear when she did this. “There you go.”

Spike bent down and picked up the shirts. He took them over and carefully laid them on the sticks lying across the vent.

He glanced behind him to where Buffy was still almost submerged in the water and decided to see how far he could take this torment. He hid a grin as he headed back over towards the pool.

“There you go Slayer, just five minutes or so and you’ll be all taken care of.” He told her, and then began to unbutton his pants. It was the sound of him lowering his zipper that caught her attention. She looked up and saw what he was doing and gasped.

“Wha-what are you doing?” She turned around in the water so her back was to him.

“What does it look I’m doing?” He asked, unable to keep the smile from his face. “I’d like to get clean too, ya know.”

“But I’m in here.” She protested uselessly

“I can see that.” He answered, sliding his pants down over his hips. He noticed her head darted to the side and out of the corner of her eye she could see he was indeed taking his pants off. She turned the whole way around again.

“So don’t you want to wait until I’m done?”

“Why would I do that? Do you have a problem with me sharing the pool? Its more than big enough for the both of us.”

“I’m naked.” Buffy answered desperately.

“Really? So am I.” Spike kicked his pants off and began to step in the pool. The hot water didn’t affect him as it did her, but it did soothe his tired and aching muscles. And he gave a little ‘mmm’ as he sank down into the water.

“I think its safe to turn around now Slayer, I’m all hidden in the water.” He told her, but she still didn’t turn around.

“What is it you are afraid of, luv?” He couldn’t resist taunting her further. “Afraid you won’t be able to keep your hands to yourself if you get a peak at my naked goodies?”

”No, that is not what I’m…” Buffy started to protest, turning around angrily. Her complaint dropped off when she took in the sight of him standing before her naked, on in the water up to his hips, his abdomen on display for her view. Buffy tried to regain her thought. “I’m not at all tempted by your washboard stomach.” He didn’t think it was possible for her to turn even brighter red than she already was, but she did.

“I mean…”

Spike chuckled slowly and advanced on her. “I think I know what you mean, pet.” He told her quietly. “I think I know exactly what you mean.”

“Spike.” She breathed, and then held her hand out to stop him about a half foot from her. “Stop.”

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything.”

He was close enough now that he could see her clearly under the moving water. Despite her protestations her nipples were as hard as small pebbles under the water and he knew that she couldn’t blame that on being cold.

He was still hard from when he had first entered the cavern, but now this close to her it was becoming almost painful, especially with her hand splayed across his chest the way it was.

“Buffy.” He whispered, almost as if he shouted at her, her eyes snapped immediately to his. He could see they were dark with passion and the force of it made him swallow thickly. He could feel the desire rushing through his own body. He wanted nothing more than to reach out and crush her to him. He remembered his daydream from before of pounding into her while drinking down her essence. He took a shaky breath as he tried to calm himself down.

Buffy couldn’t make herself turn away. She knew this was Spike, she knew he was probably only messing with her, but yet she felt herself drawn to him in the worst way. She could feel her blood pounding through her body and it seemed to be pooling in between her legs.

Yet even while she was drawn to him, common sense was making her want to pull away and she felt trapped in the magnetic push and pull, unable to move in either direction, trapped there staring into his eyes, wanting him to touch her as much as she dreaded it.

He brought one hand up and brushed her cheek, just as she felt something brush against her hip.

Her eyes got even wider.

Surely that couldn’t be…

They were more than six inches apart. That couldn’t possibly be…

When she felt the light touch again and saw that Spike’s other hand was down by his side far away from her hip, she risked a glance down. She gasped at what she saw and looked back up quickly.

Water made things look bigger right?

But even water wouldn’t make it stretch out that far so it could touch her.

She wanted to look again. Actually she wanted to do more than look, she wanted to touch him. She wanted to touch Spike. She wanted to feel him. She didn’t realize her desire was communicating itself to her hand, which had begun to grasp and caress his chest.

She looked up hopelessly into his eyes, wanting him to understand her dilemma and help make her decision for her. The open lust on his face almost made her swoon into him. She felt the lips of her sex thicken with her desire; her breathing was coming out in pants now.

Just before the desire won out and they attacked each other the smell of burning reached her. Buffy turned sharply.

“The shirts!” She yelled. She started to run to get them, but then hesitated realizing she was naked.

“If you don’t go get them, then you won’t have ANYTHING to wear.” Spike told her, his voice low and thick with his desire.

Inside he was cursing himself for putting the shirts on there in the first place. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to coax her back into the water with him.

Buffy hesitated for another second before the sight of the smoke thickening spurred her to action. She quickly got out and ran to the vent. She pulled the shirts off and without waiting threw the red shirt on.

Spike almost growled in frustration when she covered up.

She stood with her back to him for several minutes, trying to get herself under control.

Spike wanted to get out and push the issue; he wanted to force her to confront her desire for him. However, he was afraid that would be a mistake. He didn’t want to have her do anything she would regret later. Finally she turned around.

“I should probably go, set up our space some more. Where is it?’

Spike found himself furious with her cowardice, in not admitting what almost happened between them.

“It across the pond, it’s the only other opening here. You could try looking you know.” He snapped at her.

She didn’t even rise to the bait.

“Ok, I’m just going to go.” She moved to leave, but stopped where his pants lay on the ground.

“Did you want me to dry these?” She asked nervously.

Spike looked at her stupidly. “They aren’t even wet.”

“Oh, right. I guess that’s a ‘no’ then. Um, ok.” She hurried out of the area nervously.

Once she was gone, Spike was left alone with his frustration. He noticed that at some point, probably while watching her run for the shirts, her cute little bottom moving with her, he had lowered his hand and was stroking himself. Yet, it wasn’t giving him any sort of satisfaction, it just seemed to enflame the raging hard on he was sporting.

With a loud curse he snatched his pants up from the ground and began washing them violently.

All sorts of sexual daydreams ran through his head while he did this.
Taking Buffy in every way imaginable.
Fucking her, until all thoughts of Angel were completely wiped out.

It was obvious from all of her reactions to him that even though she slept with Peaches she must not have gotten anything out of it. Hell, he wouldn’t even be surprised if the selfish prick didn’t make even her come. Angel probably wouldn’t have even noticed if she didn’t.

Spike would make her come. He would make her come over and over again until she couldn’t deny him anything. He would show her all the temptations of physical pleasure; he would show things she never even dreamed of. He would make her scream.

With a growl he climbed out of the pool and threw his pants over the drying vent while he paced back and forth furiously, all sorts of kinky pictures running through his head.

Pounding into her from behind, with one hand on her hip and the other wrapped in her hair.

Going down on her, his face buried in her moist heat, one hand wrapped around with a finger invading her in a place she probably didn’t know could give her pleasure.

Buffy straddling him, her legs wrapped around him while she rode him furiously.

He shook himself, trying to get it under control, but it was no use. He was going to need to jump in the other pool and try to cool down before he got near her again. Otherwise he wasn’t going to be able to control himself around her.

He tried to remind himself of all the reasons he hated her, but they just slipped from his mind and the only thing the remained was the innocent, yet completely decadent way she had looked up at him, her eyes filled with such desire and yearning.

Frustrated beyond belief he grabbed his pants off of the vent and headed, completely naked out of the room intent on diving into the cool water.

However, once he left the room he stopped short. Standing twenty feet away from him, with her back towards him was the source of his torment.

She turned around slowly. The red shirt was only buttoned with the bottom two buttons, leaving the top to hang open exposing her neck, the sloping sides of her breasts and her flat stomach. She seemed to falter a bit at the sight of him standing hard and naked in front of her. There was nervousness in her eyes, but also the desire he saw from before.

For a long moment, neither said anything, just stared at each other.

Then she tilted her head to the side slightly and spoke, her voice husky. “I thought you might hungry.”
Quenching the Desire by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
A/N: Happy Early Valentine’s Day. Um, this is the longest chapter so far of this story and there isn’t any plot anywhere in here. Those of you who read my LJ know that I have been searching for my plots everywhere (even under the kitchen sink). But there definitely isn’t any here. At all.
And I always think my sex scenes are just awkward and disjointed, not at all smooth, but here we are.
So enjoy and Happy V-Day let me know what you think please.
And next chapter there will be plot. (running off to check behind the TV for Plot)
Kyra
After running out of the bathing room like she did Buffy stopped abruptly once the cooler air hit her. She wrapped her arms around herself to try and keep the cold at bay, with shaking hands she tried to button the buttons, but stopped after two of them because she was frustrated with herself.

She looked up hopelessly towards the vent. Now that the sun had set she could see a few stars beyond the canopy of leaves overhead.

A deep shiver ran through her. The stars seemed so close, but they might as well be in a different dimension. The only thing that seemed farther away right now was Sunnydale.

She heard cursing behind her, coming from the place she had just run away from.

Spike, obviously upset with her.

A very naked Spike.

The desire she felt in the pool hadn’t left; instead it seemed to be even more insistent. He was like a drug and even though she knew she shouldn’t be having these urges towards him, she was. And they were much stronger than anything she had ever felt before.

She should be afraid. Afraid of these feelings, afraid of what was happening between them. Even afraid of the dream she had about him, about his past. Yet she wasn’t afraid.

Ever since her dream, she felt certain that she had nothing to fear from Spike. True, someday he would try to kill her, but he would never hurt her emotionally.

‘Not like Angel.’

THERE!!! That was it. That was why she kept running. That voice in her head. The one that kept popping up to put Angel down. The one that kept insinuating that all the pain and torment she lived through because of him was for nothing, because she never really loved him.

Yet her love for Angel was what filled her for so long, it became so much a part of who she was. She didn’t know who she would be without it. And if she didn’t really love him, just the idea she had of him what did that say about her? How could she have felt that much pain and anguish over an illusion?

The chill outside in the cave seemed to have sunk into her now. It was in her bones, in her heart, but this was a familiar chill. It was the fear and loneliness that lived inside of her. Her constant companion since being called as the Slayer. Sure, she overcame it. She didn’t let it affect her job, but it was always there, inside of her. Whether she was with her mom, or her friends. For a while she had believed that Angel kept the cold at bay, but now she saw that he just helped her hide it deeper. When she was with him, she worried about him so much, she didn’t notice the chill.

Buffy glanced behind her. Towards Spike.

Spike.

The thought of him sent a completely different shiver through her.

She didn’t notice the chill when he was with her. It certainly didn’t seem to be there a few minutes ago and it wasn’t the hot water that made it leave.

‘And it certainly wasn’t there when he bit you.’ That damn voice again, but this time she understood what it was saying.

She relaxed her grip on the red shirt she had been clutching.

She was so tired of this chill.

She could hear Spike approaching, the nervousness she thought she would feel wasn’t there. All there was was anticipation.

She heard him stop suddenly behind her. She turned slowly, letting him see the shirt was still unbuttoned most of the way.

She brought her eyes up coquettishly and felt her mouth go dry at the sight he made standing there completely naked.

He was perfect. His white skin seemed to glow from the lit torches behind him. Every lean muscle was outlined in shadow and light. His red cock jutted out angrily from his body was the only thing that wasn’t a pale white.

And in this instance it seemed that objects in water WERE the size they appeared to be.

When he didn’t move or say anything she realized it was up to her. Since she was the one who had run away, he wasn’t going to initiate anything else with her.

“I thought you might be hungry.” Her voice sounded strange, dry in her own ears, but that didn’t matter. All that mattered was the vampire in front of her.



Spike was certain you could have knocked him over with a feather at that moment. She looked like a golden ray of light against the darkness that surrounded her. The shirt concealed, but it also left little to the imagination. He could see her nipples, rock hard, pressing against the cotton. He could also make out the beginning of her pubic hair down below her belly button.

Gods, he wanted her. All of the images in his head flew away at the reality of her. None of them could even begin to compare to the sight, the smell of the Slayer standing before him.

He held himself tight, rigid. Afraid if he relaxed he was going to rush over there and take her. Make reality out of all the fantasies he’d been having. And he wouldn’t do that. He wasn’t about to take her against her will, despite the obvious game she had to be playing with him.

Then she spoke. Her words, the invitation in them, along with the look in her eyes almost had him spurting right there with no contact. He felt his cock jerk in response to her. His voice came out thick and angry, filled with lust and frustration.

“If I get that close to right now Slayer, I’m not just going to drink from you.”

Her eyes never wavered. “I know.”

Spike inhaled, trying to get himself under control before speaking again. “Do you now?” Against his will he started moving closer to her, but he moved slowly giving her every opportunity to turn and run again. “Do you really know of all the things I want to do with you right now?”

Now she hesitated, he didn’t sense fear, but he could clearly see her uncertainty and some confusion. “I know you want me. I know what that means. I don’t…” Her voice trailed off, uncertain of what to say.

He was almost upon her now and she still hadn’t moved back. He watched her as she licked her lips. The action almost caused him to moan out loud.

“I want to fuck you Slayer. I want to take you and then when I’m done I want to move down and suck the juices right out of your quim. I want to make you come over and over again until you are almost too tired to move. Then I want to put you into all sorts of delicious and nasty positions and keep fucking you. I want to hear you screaming and crying out my name over and over again while I make you tremble and weep for release. I want to feel your mouth sucking my cock until I explode down your throat, then I want to feel you drinking me down.” He purposely tried to be as graphic and offensive as he could, he wanted her to know the depth of his lust at this point, give her one last chance to run away.

Instead he watched her pupils dilate so there was hardly any color in them at all. Her breathing quickened to little gasps. The smell of her arousal completely overwhelmed him.

And she made no attempt to move away from him.

She stood right where she was. He was almost touching her now.

Just one more thing.

His face changed. “But first, I am feeling a bit peckish.”

She didn’t even flinch, just tilted her head farther to the side to give him better access.

Spike wasn’t sure he was going to survive this.


Buffy’s body felt like it was going to explode. She could feel her own heartbeat as the blood pounded through her body. It felt like with every thump the moisture between her legs grew.

She never felt anything like this before. His words enflamed her, they put images in her head that she never dreamed of before.

She also knew that if he didn’t touch her soon she was going to die.

When his face changed didn’t slack a bit. She expected him to dive right for her neck and prepared herself for the pain of the bite. She never expected what happened next.

Soft, soft lips brushed against the corner of her mouth. She never imagined a vampire’s lips could be that soft and tender.

She turned to try and capture those lips, uncaring of the fangs behind them, but he moved his head instead brushing them across the other corner of her mouth. She opened her mouth, seeking him, wanting to taste him, but he evaded her again. This time a soft kiss was placed on her cheek, the lips lingered for a few seconds as if he savored the softness and flavor of her. Then his hand lightly cupped her chin, he turned her face so he could kiss the other cheek.

Her eyes slid closed as she whimpered, the desire inside of her began to boil over.

He nuzzled her cheek lightly. She could feel the ridges of his face and feel his breath in her ear. Her legs started to feel rubbery so she grabbed his elbows to steady herself.

She felt his hands moving between them, the shirt opened the rest of they way as he unbuttoned the two buttons she had managed to fasten.

Her legs almost gave out when he pulled the shirt down and finally put his hands on her. He slid them up over her hips to her rib cage. Once there he just let them rest there lightly, right underneath the swelling of her breasts. She tried to push against him, craving the feeling of his cool hands on her, but they stubbornly stayed right where they were.

“Easy, pet.” The breath tickled her ear; his mouth was so close his lips brushed against her lobe with the ‘p’ in pet.

Spike pulled back a bit to look at her. She was so alluring. Her lips parted to allow little gasps of air to escape. Her eyes were still closed, showing a remarkable amount of trust in him for being a Slayer, but he could still see the desire written clearly in her expression. As much as he sought the gratification her blood and body would bring him he wanted to take it slow. He wanted to give her more pleasure than her body could handle.

When he lowered his head and she almost cried out in relief. She arched her back wanting to meet him, needing him to take her nipple in his mouth. It was so hard; she needed him to take it, to suck it in.

Once again, he avoided her movements. Instead he placed more of those soft kisses along the tops of her breasts moving from one side to the other, pausing only to nuzzle her like he did before.

Her whimpering now was constant. The pounding between her legs was insistent. She tried to brush her chest up against his, get some friction in some way, but he used his hands to hold her back.

She could feel his thumb, moving slowly back and forth on her sides. She opened her mouth to beg him, to plead with him, but words escaped her. All that came out was more of the same whimpers only they were louder now.

The kisses were now moving up her chest, they were still soft and gentle, but now they were also more open leaving a trail of saliva to cool when he moved on. That cooling along with the upward motion had her eyes drifting closed again. How could simple kisses in such an innocuous spot feel so decadent and wonderful?

Her hands gripped his elbows even tighter trying to communicate the need her voice couldn’t.

She felt like every nerve in her body was alive and just waiting for the cool touch of his skin against hers.

When he reached her collarbone and began moving along it, her head fell backwards on its own. The kisses had changed again, now they were suckling along her flesh with a brief swipe of his tongue committing the taste of her to his memory. Unable to stand it any more Buffy threw her leg up over his hip and pushed her dripping wet sex against him.

The growl that came out of him when he felt her overflowing wetness against his cock made her almost jump into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, still growling and she threw her other leg over his hip on the other side.

He began suckling up the side of her neck surprising her with how very sensitive it was. Her whimpers had turned into cries by now and her hips were moving on their own, rubbing her wetness against him, desperately seeking to envelope him, but still he avoided her. He was going to draw out this torture as long as he could.

The sucking along her neck got stronger and with every pull on her skin she became convinced he was pulling at her between her legs. The pressure building up inside her was becoming almost unbearable. She was completely unmindful of the noises that were escaping her or the wild way her hips moved against him seeking satisfaction.

Her eyes were squeezed shut tightly and the grips on his elbows were almost painful now, but Spike savored the pain. She was almost there. Almost ready for him.

While he supported both of them, he rubbed his hands up and down her back, caressing the strong muscles that surrounded her spine. Her head still hung loosely behind her while his lips caressed the soft skin of her neck. Her hips sped up their movements and Spike knew that it was time.

With one hand he grabbed the back of her neck and raised her head. He was still sucking on her neck, only now he began to suck harder. Her cries and movements became desperate. Just a little bit more.

“Spike, please!!!” The words exploded from her as she finally regained her ability to communicate.

That was it.

With infinite care Spike sank his fangs into her tender flesh. Her scream didn’t even register with him; he was too caught up in the sound of her heart pounding and flavor of her. At the first swallow of her blood he pushed his pelvis up against her. He didn’t penetrate her with his cock, but he could feel himself exploding all over her stomach. Just as he could feel her coming against him as her juices poured out from her as her Slayer muscles squirted her pleasure out at him.

Wanting to prolong her pleasure he used the hand not supporting her neck to slip between them and rub at her clit in time with the pulls he was taking on her blood.

Thanks to the strong power of her blood he never softened after he came, instead his cock began to immediately throb with a want for her. He pulled back his head and licked his lips to make sure he had every drop of her elixir before he changed back into his human guise to look at her.

Her eyes were half opened, but he could tell she wasn’t seeing anything. Her mouth was opened and contented sighs and gasps were escaping her lips. He gentled his movements between her legs while he allowed her to come back to herself. When he saw her eyes begin to focus he leaned forward and kissed her lips fully.

He felt more than heard her moan when his tongue slipped between her lips.

The act felt so intimate even after what had just happened. It was like a yummy chocolate cake after a big dinner. She just wanted to savor the taste of him. Her grip on his elbows finally relaxed as she wrapped on arm around his neck to hold him to her.

Knowing breathing would become a problem for her he broke the kisses giving her a chance to breathe before diving back down for her lips.

It was during one of these breaks that she found her voice again.

“What was that?” She asked before his lips found hers again.

“What was what, Princess?” He asked the next time he broke from her before claiming her lips yet again.

“What happened before? I thought I was going to explode or pass out.” Spike stopped his descent for her lips again and pulled back to look at her incredulously.

Angelus was a complete and total selfish bloody fucking wanker whether he had a soul or not.

Buffy looked worried at the expression on his face. When he didn’t say anything, just stopped kissing her she worried maybe she said something stupid and as a result she began to turn red with embarrassment.

Spike shook off his hatred of Angel, noticing the Slayer’s discomfort. He gave her a cocky grin; Angelus’ loss was his gain.

Spike walked over to a large flat rock and urged Buffy to release him so he could lower her down on it.

Once he had her spread out before him naked, he couldn’t help but feast on her with his eyes.

“Spike?” She asked, her voice was hesitant, because he still hadn’t answered her and that made her nervous.

Finally when he was done surveying every inch of her he looked up to her face hungrily.

“That, luv, was an orgasm.” He told her seriously.

Her eyes went wide with shock. “And that’s supposed to happen every time?” She asked.

Spike couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped him.

“No.” Spike lowered his head down between her spread legs. He used one hand to spread the lips of her sex and open her up to him. He noticed the gasp of pleasure when she felt his hands on her there. “With me that’s going to happen over and over again.”

Then he lowered his mouth to drink from her.

“Oh my god!” Buffy had time to gasp out before the pleasure made her head go lax onto the rock and her eyes practically rolled back into her head.

This wasn’t something she had ever felt before. His tongue was running around and around her opening while he used one hand to hold her open and the other one to lightly stroke her clit. This was a sweet torture she never anticipated. She could feel the pressure building inside of her again. The sweet torment of waiting on the edge that he kept her on for so long before. Now she didn’t know if she could take hanging on the edge like that knowing what came next. Her hands reached down and tangled themselves in his hair. She pushed her pelvis hard against his mouth, wanting his tongue deeper, needing him to rub harder, faster. Only instead of obliging her, her stopped rubbing on her and moved her hands. She opened her eyes and forced her head up so she could look down at him. His blue eyes were focused right on her watching her expressions eagerly.

She again tried to reach down for his head, but instead he guided her hand to her own breasts. A deep shiver ran through her at the contact with her nipples, she tried to get him to rub over them again. Instead he moved her hand so it was over the nipple, then he urged her to pull on her nipples. When she complied with his wishes he pushed his tongue farther inside and used the hand holding her open to tap her clit lightly. The sensations caused her to jump upwards, almost bucking him off.

His eyes were still focused on her and they seemed to be urging her on. He took his hand away and resumed his shallow licking while he watched her. Feeling as though she was taking direction from the look in his eyes, Buffy hesitantly pulled on her nipple again. Again she was rewarded with deeper thrusting of his tongue and a light tap on her clit.

Feeling braver she moved her other hand to the other breast and began to rub her nipples with both hands. Spike immediately rewarded her by burying his face and tongue inside of her as deep as they would go. He also began to rub quickly on her clit. It took almost no time at all for the fire inside of her to build again. She could feel the pressure inside of her from her crotch up through her chest. Lost in her lust she pulled on her nipples with wild abandon and pushed her pelvis farther up towards his mouth. Spike pinched her clit hard and that was all it took to push her over the edge. It was with a strangled moan she came. She could feel her internal muscles pulsing around his tongue. The kept clenching trying to trap the muscle inside of her.

Buffy found herself wishing she had something bigger and stronger inside of her for her muscles to hold on. Spike didn’t stop his assault on her with his tongue, just kept going through her orgasm and instead of letting her come back down he attacked her with a renewed vigor causing another one to build on top of this one.

“SPIKE!” She yelled out as an even more powerful orgasm crashed through her. She could feel him down there sucking at her sex and again he didn’t seem to show any signs of stopping. She let her body go lax and just enjoyed all these sensations he seemed determined to push into her body.

After about the fourth orgasm, it was hard to keep track when she couldn’t tell where one ended and another began anymore, Spike slowed his attack on her. She felt him start to kiss and lick his way up her body. He paused to suck at both of her nipples, soothing them slightly from the abuse she had performed on them at his silent request. Then he was there before her. Forehead resting against hers while she tried to catch her breath.

She could feel him nestled between her legs, his cock waiting at her entrance.

“Are you ready for me?” He asked her quietly. One finger ran over her collarbone, not far from where he bit her. She shuddered at the small movement.

“Are you ready to let me inside?”

“Not quite yet.” She surprised him by answering and before he recovered she rolled them, nearly knocking both of them off the rock, but in the end wound up on top of him. She ran her hands over his chest alluringly. “I thought you wanted to explode down my throat.” She asked innocently. She sat up and looked down at his cock, now almost purple with its need. She ran one fingertip along the vein running along the top, mimicking his innocent action from a few minutes before. Her eyes seemed to darken when it jumped towards her.

Spike found he suddenly couldn’t speak. Buffy looked back up at him. “Well, wasn’t that what you said?”

Even though he couldn’t speak, Spike found the muscles needed to nod his head. He saw uncertainty flicker in her eyes and immediately assumed she had never done anything like this before.

Buffy, though, being the provocative seductress he suspected she was used that to her advantage.

“Its so big though. How will I ever fit that down my throat?” She asked. She wrapped one hand around him watching as his eyes closed and he hissed through his teeth.


Spike had woken something up inside of her and it demanded she satisfy her curiosity. Her first time, had been in the dark and she hadn’t had a chance to see anything much less experiment. She moved her hand up and down, taking time to rub her palm over the head.

He was as soft here as his lips, yet she could feel how hard he was for her.

Her mind flew back to their first day here, when she passed out in his lap. When she first woke up she had been groping him, unknowingly. She had confused him with a steel bar. The memory made her smile slightly in remembrance. She couldn’t wait to feel his cool length inside of her.

“That feels so good.” Spike almost purred beneath her. His words brought her back to the moment and she began to fondle him with more enthusiasm. She took her other hand and lightly cupped the sacs that were hanging down behind him. She rolled them lightly in her hand and enjoyed as he now began whimpering under her ministrations.

She decided maybe she should torture him a little bit more. “Oh! I’m not hurting you, am I?” She took her hands off him. “Should I stop?”

Spike’s eyes flew open and turned golden. “Don’t you dare.” He growled out.

She gave him a naughty little smile. “Maybe I should try something else instead.”

Then he gasped out her name as she lowered her head and began to lap at him like a cat. Little licks up and down his shaft, almost up to the head, but stopping just below the ridge. Gradually she began to lick farther and farther until she was running her tongue from root to the tip. Occasionally when she reached the tip she would dip him into her mouth briefly, sucking the precum form his leaking head, before releasing him and continuing on her licking.

It didn’t take long before she had him begging her for release.

“Please Buffy. Please suck me, baby.”

“Not yet. I’m not finished exploring yet.” This time instead of licking his cock she went lower. Ever so gently she took his balls in her mouth, first one then other. She swirled her tongue around them and made sure to cover every inch with her saliva.

Now Spike was the one in desperate need. His erection was becoming almost painful. Out of his mind with desire he grabbed himself with his own hand and began to stoke himself feverishly.

Buffy stopped her tongue bath as soon as she noticed what he was doing, much to his disappointment.

“Uh-uh.” She admonished him.

“Baby, please.” He murmured, licking his lips. The need in his gaze flooded her with renewed wetness.

“Well, since you asked so nicely.” She fluttered her eyelashes at him innocently before opening her mouth and taking him in as far as she could. She wrapped her fist around the bottom and used that in tandem with her mouth. On each down stroke she tried to take more and more of him inside her while speeding up her strokes.

Almost instinctually, at one point when she reached the point where she began to gag instead of pulling back she swallowed and found her nose nestled in the hair at his groin. His loud groan let her know she was doing a good job and that’s when she let loose. She sucked on him as hard as she could, swallowing and running her tongue along all the veins she could feel. She used one hand to fondle his sac while she worked him over with her mouth and tongue. She was amazed at how much this act turned her on. The throbbing between her own legs was becoming painful again.

It didn’t take long before she felt his sac tighten and his cock throbbed desperately against the roof of her mouth.

“Fuck.” Spike roared. “Coming.”

She felt the sperm hit the back of her throat and began to swallow quickly, not wanting to miss a single drop. His cries echoed in her ears. She continued sucking after he stopped coming, finding this act much more pleasurable than she ever would have imagined. It was only when she felt his hands pulling at her shoulders she released him and slid up his body.

He pulled her down to him and kissed her fiercely, uncaring at the taste of his own dead sperm still in her mouth.

“You are the most amazing woman.” The look in his eyes when he said that made her heart swell. And the smile that crossed her face when he said that almost made his heart beat.

“I want you.” He told her earnestly.

“How do you want me?” She responded.

“I just need to be inside of you.” He pulled her on top of him and felt her wetness leak out onto his stomach. He saw the look of hesitancy cross her face again and knew that this was a new position for her.

“Just ease it inside. Go at you own pace.”

She lifted her body up and reached down to hold him. She put the head at her entrance and began to slide down onto him.

She barely got the head inside when she stopped, her eyes wide. It had been a while since she had been with Angel and that had only been the one time. As a result he muscles were in no way stretched out for him.

“Its ok.” Spike soothed her, when he saw the look on her face. “Let me help.” He used one thumb and began to rub her clit. She bit her lip and felt more moisture begin to leak from inside her, another couple of inches slipped inside. There was a stretching full feeling, but it wasn’t painful. Actually it made her crave more.

She pushed down farther and watched Spike’s eyes cross in pleasure.

Her snug passage surrounding him with the sweltering heat coming from within her was the most incredible feeling he ever encountered.

Unable to stop now if she wanted to, Buffy began to move up and down along his length each time taking more and more of him. Finally, with a strong thrust down she buried him inside her causing both of them to cry out.

She stopped moving for a few minutes, wanting to enjoy this feeling. Deep inside her, right where the ridge of his head rested, there seemed to be a spot that was just itching. Remembering her earlier musings about having something more substantial inside her to squeeze with her muscles she gave a little squeeze along his length.

“Buffy.” He shouted out her name.

“Oh my god.” She cried at the same time. Whatever she just did caused that ridge to hit something inside of her that made her almost swoon with pleasure.

She couldn’t help it, she did it again.

“Bloody hell, Slayer. Are you trying to kill me?” The look on her face alone was about enough to make him come, but the feeling of her muscles rippling over him had him about to lose all control.

“Spike.” Her voice was desperate with need and desire. “I can’t…it feels so good…I need it.” Once more she contracted her muscles.

Unable to take any more Spike grabbed her hips and began moving her up and down on his cock, every time she descended she gripped him tightly with her muscles. The dual sensations had him growling, cursing and almost spitting with the need to come.

Becoming frustrated with the lack of movement this position afforded him, Spike sat up and twisted them quickly. Buffy landed hard on the rock and in any other situation the impact would have hurt. In the current situation she barely felt it. She instinctually wrapped her legs around his hips.

“Fuck me.” She gasped. “Oh please fuck me.”

That was it. Spike pounded into her furiously. His hips jack hammered into her. All she could do was lay back and pant and moan. As his movements grew faster she grabbed at his shoulders, her nails digging into his flesh. He leaned over her and she gripped him even tighter. He could feel her internal wall tensing up and he knew it would only be a matter of seconds before she came.

He slammed into her several more times and then unable to stop himself his face changed and he dove for her neck. As soon as his fangs pierced her skin, her muscles clamped down on him tighter than anything and he exploded inside of her.

The feeling of his cool spending splashing down her insides took her orgasm to another level. The two of them crashed together over and over again until it all became too much and Buffy lost consciousness.

Spike pulled his fangs from her neck, but unwilling to let her go just yet he wrapped his arms around her and gathered her close, still buried inside of her.



Across the cavern, in his living quarters Solum lay in his bed.

“Man, I sure need to get me one of them mortal enemies.”
Waking Up by Kyra Storm
It was surprisingly hard to leave her side. Even the hard, unforgiving surface of the boulder they were precariously perched upon seemed bearable surround by her warmth.

The thought that had him moving was how uncomfortable she would become as the night wore on. She deserved a restful night’s sleep after everything she had been through in the past weeks and he wanted to make sure she got it.

He delicately extricated himself from her arms, the cool air in the cavern was not unpleasant, but definitely not as nice as the air he just left.

He quickly pulled on his pants then wrapped her up in the shirts they had let fall to the ground. She looked so peaceful and sweet in sleep.

He considered the possibility of her waking before he returned and wondering where he went, but the light snore escaping her mouth made that unlikely. He just didn’t want her to wake up and think he’d left her alone.

He brushed a light kiss across her forehead, smiling when he saw a smile cross her face even in her sleep.

He moved quickly, almost running to the little cubbyhole Solum said they could share. The sooner he finished up, the sooner he could get back to his warm snuggly Slayer.

The torch he left burning was now barely lit, having burned almost the whole way down to the green vines that held it on the wall. He lit another torch from the dying one and carefully removed the first one before replacing it with the fresh torch.

He surveyed the small space they had to call home indefinitely as he began pulling the two sleeping pallets together. He didn’t have much to work with, but he was right in his earlier assessment that it would be better to make one bed than two. He wanted to make sure his Slayer was comfortable. He wanted this to be the best it could be for her.

She deserved it.


She was floating. No flying.

This had to be a dream. Only in a dream could she feel this carefree freedom.

She was surrounded by clear blue, that seemed to swallow her and yet it also buoyed her. She could feel strong arms around her abdomen, but they didn’t restrain her they just seemed to guide her and move with her. It was so wonderful.

At some point the arms slipped away, but still she floated. She recognized the blue in the sky? Or was it an ocean? It made her happy, that was all that mattered.

After a while she began to notice the blue that surrounded her seemed to be fading and with it went her carefree feeling. She began to feel cold and alone. Her legs especially seemed to be chilly.

Asleep on the rock, Buffy tried to curl her legs up to her, trying to get them under the slight warmth of the shirts that were wrapped around her.

In the dream, the blue was still fading. Buffy tried to swim towards it, but the faster she approached, the faster it seemed to fade. She thrashed out moving her arms and legs determined not to let it go.

She saw out of the corner of her eye that it seemed strong still off to her right. She quickly turned that direction seeking it out…

And rolled right off the boulder onto the hard ground.



Spike was just about finished setting up their now cozy little room. The bed was made out of large branches, filled in with leaves and covered with several animal hides to be used as padding and blankets. He also added several hides to the walls to keep the dampness out. On the floor near the entrance he made fire pit in a natural indentation in the rock floor.

Granted, it wasn’t a five star hotel, but it would do.

Almost fit for his Princess.

Princess?

His dark princess?

Drusilla!!!

What the fuck was he doing?

How could he have forgotten all about Dru so easily?

So sex with the Slayer had been good.

Ok, better than good.

Great.

Amazing.

Incredible.

Best he ever…

No! Those thoughts were WRONG! They betrayed everything he had with Dru.

Drusilla was everything to him. She made him. And not just that she made him who he was. What was he if he wasn’t Drusilla’s?

It was one thing to shag the Slayer, but that was it. That was all it was.

Shagging

Boffing

Banging

Screwing

FUCKING

That last one almost made him cringe before he stopped himself.

It was nothing to him. She was nothing to him. She sure wasn’t HIS Slayer. He shouldn’t have these soft, fluffy feelings towards her. He sure as hell shouldn’t miss her arms wrapped around him. And he definitely shouldn’t be doting on her like this.

He was tired too and she had slept a lot more than he had in the past few. He should have woken her bony ass up and made her set up their room.

Dammit!! He loved Drusilla. What the hell was going through his mind?

He needed a cigarette.

He grabbed his Duster from off the bed were he put it and searched the pockets frantically for his pack.

Found it!!

Only two left. FUCK!!

Now if he could just find the lighter. He searched the other pocket, before triumphantly finding it. Then he noticed something else there as well.

The crystal!! He had forgotten all about it.

Of course he recognized it. He had known what it was as soon as the Slayer pulled it out.

It was a messaging device. Angelus and Darla used to have a pair to keep track of each other. It worked like an answering machine they could leave messages for each other. They were popular with all the vamps for a while, then telephones came and they were pretty obsolete. He didn’t even know any still existed.

He peered into it; know that his concentration level would activate it. He wanted to know what messages it held for him.


Buffy sat up quickly.

Where was she?

What was going on?

She started to stand up, but the sore muscles in her thighs stopped her. She started to stretch while wondering what she had done to wear out THOSE muscles and then it hit her. Her face turned a bright red matching the red shirt she was draped in as the images of before flooded her mind.

She had sex with Spike.

She had an amazing, earth shattering, almost religious sexual experience with Spike. That was what sex was supposed to be. Not the awkward fumbling that led up to the grunting and pushing she and Angel had experienced.

She had no idea such pleasure could be found.

Things that she always thought were dirty and disgusting or degrading had been so natural between them. His words and touch turned her into a sexual creature, craving him and everything he had to teach her.

Unlike Angel who had treated her so gently and carefully, he treated her like such a virgin she felt all of her inexperience more than she felt his touch. Spike just made her feel sexy and desired. She never once felt self conscious or awkward with him.

And there was still more to experience. New peaks to reach.

She felt her heartbeat faster at the thought.

She looked to where she thought he would be laying and felt like someone poured cold water over her.

‘You have a lot to learn about men, kid.’

Spike wasn’t there. She looked around frantically, but didn’t see him anywhere.

It felt like someone just punched her in the stomach. She couldn’t breathe right.

She focused on channeling the pain into anger, then she stood up and pulled the shirts over her, determined to find and punish the cocky vampire.

Truce or not, he wasn’t going to get away with using her like that.



After a couple seconds of concentrating, Spike began to see something in the crystal. He saw the vampire from upstairs, the Egyptian one who stopped them.

“William, I hope you get this message before the creatures of the Garden find you. You need to know that not all believe as Mastema does. We think your punishment unfair and want to help you.”

It is our belief that your skills and accomplishments should be rewarded. We want to see you as the head of the Clan of Aurelius. Please respond as soon as you can and we will work on setting you free.”

Spike stared incredulously at the crystal. This bird was out of her mind. She made Dru seem stable.

Him as head of the Aurelius Clan?

He was pretty certain the old bat would dust himself before he let that happen.

There were more messages though, so Spike leaned in to see more.

“It was a wise decision to team up with the Slayer, it may increase your chances of staying alive until we can get you out. Once again your unconventional thinking does you credit. I know that will make it harder for you to contact us, but please do so and SOON.”

Spike snorted. At least this answered the question of whether or not the mist could report their actions.

After that the messages became more demanding, then almost pleading by turn. She claimed greater respect for him and urged him to answer her. She also spoke of wanting to drain the Slayer with him once he was free. She wanted to talk of a strategy. She spoke of ruling the world.

What a crazy bint.

What sort of strategy did a prisoner have? And how could she rule the world when she couldn’t even stand up to Mastema?

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to answer her, see what she had up her sleeve. The question was, what to say? Would he turn on the Slayer for a chance at freedom and power?

Footsteps behind him alerted him he wasn’t alone. He shoved the crystal in his pocket and turned to come face to face with a furious Slayer holding a stake.

“You’re awake!” He said in surprise, and then cursed himself for stating the obvious.

“Sorry to disappoint you.” Her voice was filled with acid.

“Well, I was hoping to have all this finished before I came to get you.” He tried not to let his nervousness show. Did she know about the crystal? Is that why she had the stake gripped in her hand?

Confusion crossed her face, but she held onto the anger tightly.

“What are you talking about?” She demanded, taking a step closer to him. Spike refused to back down under her fury, but he did step to the side so she could see the bed he made more clearly.

“I had two of them before, but they didn’t look very comfortable. So I turned the two into one and, uh, tad dah?” He finished uncertainly. Looking at it now, the bed he had been so proud of, looked like nothing more than a random pile of debris.

He watched the confusion on her face grow as she looked back and forth between him and the bed. Her grip on the stake relaxed slightly.

“Buffy? Luv?” She met his eyes, but seemed startled at the use of her name. “What’s going on in that head of yours?”

She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She licked her lips and tried again. “I woke up. I woke up alone. I thought…I thought you…”

All thoughts of Ipwet and Drusilla flew out of Spike’s mind and he rushed to her side.

“Oh, pet. I’m so sorry. I didn’t abandon you.” Even though she still held the stake he didn’t let that stop him from gathering her up into his arms. She seemed to melt against him and he felt so much tension drain out of him just at the feeling of her resting there. “I just wanted to do something nice for you and I thought a comfy bed would be nice. I was going to come back and carry you in here.”

The hopeful look in her eyes almost did him in.

“Really?”

”Yes.” He insisted, kissing her for emphasis.

“I thought…” He silenced her with another kiss.

“I know what you thought, but what you didn’t consider is that I’m not some over gelled, frou-frou wanker.”

A slight smile touched her lips; she didn’t even scold him for talking about Angel like that.

“So, you made me a nice cozy bed?” Her voice was coy.

“Its all for you, baby.”

”Cool, where are you going to sleep?”

Spike gaped at her until she laughed.

“I’m only kidding.” She said.

“Oh, thank you.” Spike breathed a sigh of relief.

“You wanna break it in?” She asked, her voice suddenly breathless.

What could he say to that? He kissed her deeply, letting her know how much he liked that idea.

“Someone is wearing entirely too much clothing to be ravaged properly.” He murmured against her lips.

“And I do believe its you.” She answered, dropping her hands down to the button on his pants.

Spike stopped her movements and pulled back from her. “You go and get all naked and I’m going to step out there and have a fag real quick.” She made a funny face at him. “We don’t want this poison in your lungs now do we?” He asked her.

“Eew, NO!” She said with a disgusted look. “Although tobacco doesn’t taste too bad on you.” She said, stealing his lips again. “Are you sure you need it?” She asked when he pulled away. He noticed she started unbuttoning her top.

“I won’t be long.” He assured her.

“Fine then. Hurry and go so you can get back faster.” She removed all the coverings from her body and posed before him naked. “Then we can have some fun.”

Spike turned and headed out before the sight of her body had him forgetting what he needed to do. The crystal was already in his hand when her voice called him back.

“Spike.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to say, I wanted to thank you for this.” She gestured to the room. “I’m sorry I didn’t trust you. I should’ve known you wouldn’t betray me like that.”

Spike gave her what he hoped was a winning smile even though he felt sick inside and headed back out. Once far enough away he stared into the crystal and answered Ipwet’s messages.

“All right you have my attention. What do you have planned?”

He put down the crystal and looked up towards the vent. It was a good thing he didn’t have a soul because he could only imagine how crushing this guilt would be if he did.
Chapter 13: Torn by Kyra Storm
Chapter 13: Torn

Buffy was never good in school, even before becoming the Slayer she never wanted to spend the time studying when she could be doing things that were fun. Therefore, she wasn’t certain about vocabulary, but she really felt she was the living definition of irony.

Being more content than she could ever remember while trapped thousands of miles from home with her mortal enemy, who had somehow become so much more. The past few days had been the best she’d had in her life and it was all thanks to Spike.

The first morning she woke up in his arms she was so excited to see him sleeping next to her, she attacked him. Several hours later they had emerged to find Solum cooking up some fish.

“I figured y’all ‘ave worked up quite the appetite.” He had told her, gesturing towards the fish. Buffy was certain her face was scarlet, but even the embarrassment couldn’t wipe the smile from her face.

That afternoon Spike has Solum show him the rest of the doorways into the dungeon, there was even one that opened up right next to where they had been dropped in. After much discussion Buffy and Spike decided to go out into the tunnels to see if they could find any nasties to kill.

It had been Spike’s idea. He said they could get a great workout that way, plus the more creatures they killed, the fewer they would have to worry about.

Buffy had been concerned about the centipede creature, but Spike assured her they wouldn’t venture too far from their exits in case it showed up.

She had to admit the idea of violence was appealing.

They had gone out into the tunnels, wandering until they found a large slimy demon that looked like a snake with arms. It turned out to be a challenging and exhilarating fight. Without the desperation that had clouded their previous fights here, Buffy could see how well they worked as a team. Most of the time they didn’t even need to talk, the other would instinctually know what was needed. Not even Angel could keep up with her the way Spike did.

When they returned to their temporary home Spike had washed all the slime off her in the hot tubs before they went to get her some food.

This time Solum had muttered something about “dang bunny rabbits.”

After Buffy ate the three of them sat around and told stories until Solum decided to turn in.

“Ya’ll try and get some sleep tonight, ok?” He said with a wink to both of the. “I know I sure could use some.” He added as he headed off to bed.

Buffy had just rolled her eyes, no longer even embarrassed. “We aren’t that bad are we?”

Spike gave her a look that sent a shiver through her. “Oh, he hasn’t heard anything yet. I plan on making you scream so loud the little birdies in the trees up there waked up.”

They stared at each other for a few more seconds before dashing off to their cavern. Later Buffy swore that even the vampires above them must have heard her cries through the deep rock. It had been an incredible and shocking experience.

Spike had her doing things she never thought were possible.

And she loved every minute of it.

The next morning Solum decided he would get more sleep if he slept through the day while they went out to kill things. He would get up and catch fish after they returned since their antics in the tub usually woke him up.

So their schedule had been set. Some nights they would talk or Spike and Solum would sing. Both actually had beautiful voices, something Buffy would have never guessed. She enjoyed lying with her head in Spike’s lap while he was singing; he would absently play with her hair while she stared at the stars above them, through the vent.

The only problem Buffy had, aside from the whole trapped underground by vampires thing, was the amount of cigarettes Spike was smoking. He was constantly darting off for a quick drag. She could never figure out where he kept all his cigarettes, but he couldn’t have many left unless he had a carton somewhere on him. And that just didn’t seem possible.


Ipwet sat at a large vanity while her minions brushed out her hair. Gathered behind her were several members of the Council who were part of her plans.

“I don’t see how this is doing any good at all. They appear out of nowhere, kill things, and then disappear again. Matsema is only getting infuriated.”

“Yes, but every vampire he’s sent down after them has been killed within hours and they’ve survived over a week.” Ipwet tried to keep patient, but these idiots made it difficult. “Soon I plan to suggest he send down one of the Old Ones, Baraqel perhaps, and when he is dispatched as easily Matsema will have to acknowledge William’s skill. He will have no choice but to release him and give him the Aurelian Order.”

“I still don’t understand what makes you think you’ll have any better control over him than the others have.” Snapped Rangda.

Ipwet smiled coldly. “Because I know what William’s weakness is. Women. How long did he stay with that mad creature, Drusilla, for love?” The word dripped like venom off her lips. I have been very careful to flatter him and express my admiration for him. He will believe me everything his sire never was for him. And I will be able to control him through his ‘love’ for me.”

“And what about the Slayer?”

Ipwet licked her lips. “He has agreed to share her.”


Spike sat next to the dark pool of water. Right next to him ran a beam of sunlight from the vent above. He stared at it, lost in his thoughts. Next to him laid the crystal.

He reached out his fingertips lightly caressing the air around the beam of light. He could feel the heat contained in it, but knew that if he came into direct contact with it that heat would destroy him.

Just like Buffy.

It was incredible that one being could cause him the greatest bliss he’d ever know and the greatest anguish. When he was lying with her, holding her in his arms he knew happiness and peace, but when they left the sanctuary of each other he remember who and what they were.

Enemies.

He had followed Ipwet’s suggestions and started venturing back out into the tunnels. He would take Buffy and together they would make a big show of killing things, which they were very good at, and then disappear again before Matsema’s guards could catch them.

Ipwet swore that Matsema’s opinion of him was changing. She claimed it was only a matter of days before he was pardoned.

And then what?

Should he take what she offered and leave? Should he abandon Buffy and Solum? What hope did they honestly have if he didn’t take this chance?

And what did this relationship between the two of them mean to Buffy?

He hated those questions most of all. Why should he care what it meant to her? It shouldn’t mean anything to him. Sure, she was a magnificent fighter and he didn’t think ever met anyone who could hold a candle to her in bed. (And what he wouldn’t give for a couple of candles so he could teach her some fun with candle wax.)

This was the SLAYER. She was still the one who put him in that wheel chair. The one who let Angelus go free.

A voice inside him whispered.

Spike punched the rock he was sitting on so hard it cracked.

This was bloody ridiculous!!

”Spike?” He jerked at the sound of her voice. “Spike are you here?”

“Yeah, luv.” He answered.

“Are you almost through with that cancer stick?” She followed her voice around the bend in the tunnel.

“Yeah.”

“Good. Are you ready to get out there and kill stuff?”

“Sure.”

“What’s wrong? You sound all wonky.”

He shook his head at her made up words and looked at her. It was incredible how she seemed to blossom in this situation, but she did. Her eyes sparkled in the torch light and her cheeks held a healthy pink glow. Her mouth had the makings of a smile, even when she wasn’t smiling. Spike had never seen her look so alive and beautiful.

“Nothing pet. I’m just almost out of smokes, is all.” The lie came easily; he would have thought it would be harder.

“Oh, poor little Spikey.” Once he would have considered her tone cruel and mocking, now it was teasing and light. “Guess I’ll just have to come up with other ways for you to take out your frustrations.” She continued.

Spike couldn’t help but fall under her spell, the innocent, yet sultry way she had of saying things like that captivated him more than any thrall ever could. “What did you have in mind, pet?

“Uh-uh. First we kill stuff, then I’ll show you.” She favored him with a devastating smile. He had no choice but follow her.


Upstairs things were in an uproar.

“Sire how can you do this?” Baraqel demanded.

“My mind is made up.” Matsema replied.

“But to give such a high seat to one so young…”

”It is my decision to make and I have made it.” Matsema snapped. “Ipwet shall move up in the Council. She shall take a seat farther up and have more power for it.”

“But why Master?” Baraqel persisted, even knowing how dangerous it was. He was further infuriated when it was Ipwet who responded.

”You Old Ones have monopolized the Council for too long. It is time to get some fresh blood and fresh ideas in here.”

“If you had your way, we would let the prisoner sit on the Council as well.” Baraqel growled.

“Yes, I would.” Ipwet said, not backing down in the face of the older vampire’s wrath. “I believe him to be stronger than the rest of you who do nothing, but sit and let your minions bring your food. William is strong and courageous. He is not afraid to take risks and thinks outside of the constraints you set for yourselves.”

“Sire, that is close to blasphemy. She is questioning your decree.” Baraqel snarled.

“Yes, it is.” Matsema answered.

Ipwet felt fear that maybe she had gone too far. Maybe it was too soon to push this.

“However, she also has a point. When was the last time you fought for your food? When was the last time you even ventured out into the world? Maybe it is time for us to get a fresh perspective.”

Baraqel was too furious now to even consider his words before he spoke. “You just want to cover your failure to get rid of the prisoner.” This was what Ipwet had been waiting for.

“You dare.” Matsema began.

”Sire” Ipwet interrupted smoothly. Everyone was shocked at her audacity to cut off the Master. “If he feels this way maybe you should send him down in the dungeon to take care of William himself. If he is correct than he shall be able to dispatch him quickly. If not, than maybe William is the vampire to take over the Aurelian line…” She paused for effect. “…And maybe Baraqel’s line as well.”

“You impertinent slut.” Baraqel rose to come and strike her.

“ENOUGH!!” Matsema yelled. “I will not have this Council turned into a circus.” Everyone sat and was quiet. For a long moment Matsema said nothing, thinking quietly to himself.

“Baraqel.”

“Yes, Sire.”

“You may enter the Garden to hunt the prisoner. If he defeats you, then it shall be as Ipwet says. If you defeat him, then you shall have the power of the Aurelian Order.”

Baraqel sat there in shock; fear and hunger were evident on his face. “As you command, Sire.”

Without another word he got up and left.

It took all of her concentration for Ipwet to hide the smile that wanted to peak out.


“There isn’t anything out today.” Buffy complained.

“Well, it isn’t like the demons could go anywhere else. They are as trapped in here as we are.”

“Where are they then?”

Spike couldn’t help the smile. He had often suspected that Slayers craved the violence as much as vampires, but being around Buffy proved it. She loved a good brawl as much as he did. She reveled in the power contained within her, especially here when she didn’t feel the pressure to act like the good little schoolgirl she was supposed to be.

No, his girl liked to get dirty.

He shook his head. She wasn’t his girl.

“Oh my god.” The tone in her voice pulled Spike out of his thoughts.

“What would do something like this?”

Up ahead was a demon, lying dead on the ground. What ever found it had ripped its head from its body almost cleanly. In all the time they’d spent down here they never found any evidence that the demons were killing each other for anything other than food. And when you killed something for food you didn’t leave this much of it behind.

“Something else is down here with us.” Spike said slowly. He extended his senses outward trying to determine what it was.

“Another prisoner?” Buffy asked.

“No, you’re executioner.”

Spike spun around and came face to face with a vampire, but not just any vampire. From the power that radiated off him Spike could tell this was one of the Old Ones. This vampire had probably been around at the time of Christ.

“I thought we were sentenced to imprisonment.” Spike said. He had already changed into game face and crouched defensively. He saw Buffy had her stake out, ready to attack.

“Yes, but you wouldn’t die like you were supposed to. And you teamed up with the Slayer. Not exactly playing fair.” The vampire made no move to indicate he was worried about their presence and there was no reason it should. Spike had fought a lot of vampires in his existence, but never one this old. He didn’t think he could handle one this old even with Buffy by his side.

“So they sent you down to finish the job.” Buffy said.

“First they sent down the regular guards, but they were destroyed before they even located you two. Now the Master has sent me. When I destroy you, I will have the control over the Aurelian Order.”

Spike slid back slightly. He wanted to grab Buffy and make a run for it. There was no way he was going to fight this vampire.

“STOP!” The order was given in a Sire’s voice and Spike was frozen. Inside he fought against the order, suddenly terrified for Buffy’s fate, but no one had ever been able to throw off the order of an Old One.

Buffy realized what happened immediately. “That isn’t exactly playing fair, now is it?”

Spike gave her points for bravery, her voice didn’t even shake, but she had to be scared. No Slayer had ever been able to take one of the Old Ones.

“I’m a vampire, little girl. We don’t play fair.”

Buffy turned as if to run away and the vampire started to leap after her, only instead of running she continued to turn. The vampire over shot and as he did she managed to get a kick in to his stomach. She tried to drive the stake into his heart right after that, but he recovered more quickly than she anticipated and only drove it into his shoulder.
They faced each other again after he stood up. Baraqel looked down at the wound. “Very nice, you managed to draw blood. Now you will die.”

Buffy never even had a chance to defend herself before he was on her, his fangs buried in her neck. Spike heard her head hit a rock as they fell and could see from the way she was laying that she had been knocked unconscious. Baraqel didn’t finish her right then. Instead her turned back to Spike.

“I’m going to take her back up with me. She will make a nice gift for the Master.” He picked up the stake Buffy had dropped to the ground. “First I need to take care of you.”

Spike’s eyes were focused on Buffy as worry over her fate consumed him. Baraqel followed his gaze, laughing when he realized that Spike was actually worried about the Slayer.

“Oh, that is rich. You actually care for that.” Disgust dripped from his voice. “You are a disgrace to our kind.” Spike didn’t even twitch his gaze still locked on Buffy’s unmoving form as he tried to break the control the other vampire had on him.

“Don’t worry, boy.” Baraqel continued as he stalked closer to Spike. “I’ll make sure she’s taken care of. Maybe we’ll all get a chance to use her before we drain her. Make her scream and cry.” He grinned evilly.

Rage filled Spike, it filled his demon and at that moment the demon threw off any obedience it owed to its kind. This vampire was talking about defiling something that belonged to him and that was NOT allowed.

With a roar Spike broke the hold Baraqel had over him. He punched him soundly in the jaw. Baraqel staggered, but it wasn’t enough to knock him down. “STOP” He tried again to use the Sire’s voice, but Spike took no notice of him. He punched him again and again and again. He kept punching the older vampire driving him back and not giving him a chance to strike back. He kept at him until he had him back up against the wall of the cavern. The illuminated moss making the Old One’s skin look even more sallow.

“She is mine.” Spike growled.

Through the veil of blood that now covered his face Baraqel laughed. “No, I believe she belongs to that now.”

Spike turned his head to see the centipede creature over Buffy feeding off of her. Spike grabbed Baraqel and threw the other vampire at the creature, knocking it off of Buffy. Baraqel lay stunned, but the centipede immediately headed back to Buffy. Spike grabbed the stake from where Baraqel had dropped it and ran to Buffy’s side.

He gathered her up in his arms and jumped over the creature as it came near them. He landed close to Baraqel who was just beginning to come to. When Baraqel opened his eyes the last thing he saw was Spike kneeling over him with Buffy thrown over his shoulder. Then the stake descended and Baraqel was dust.

Spike took off with Buffy in his arms heading for their sanctuary; he never looked back because he knew the creature was following them.
Chapter 14: Betrayal by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
Only two more chapters after this one. It should be finished by this weekend. Let me know what you think!!
Chapter 20: Betrayal

Spike ran the whole way back without stopping; the only time he paused was to slide the boulder hiding their sanctuary in and out of place. Solum was already up when he came running in.

“What’s happened?” He asked when he was Spike with the unconscious Slayer.

“Go make sure the boulder is tight against the rock.” Spike yelled to him heading straight for their room.

“Is something after you?” Solum yelled back to him.

“It will be if the cave isn’t shut tight.”

Solum took off quickly while Spike carried Buffy to their bed and laid her down.

He wiped the hair away from her face talking softly to her the entire time.

“Come on, Slayer, you’re stronger than this.” He watched nervously for any sign she heard him. “Buffy wake up now, luv.” Still nothing. “What’s the matter Slayer did the bug get your tongue? Wake up now.” He didn’t notice the pleading note that entered his voice. “Please Buffy. Please be ok.”

How long he sat there like that talking to her, he didn’t know. Solum came back and told him that yes the entrance was secure, but there was something moving on the other side. So Solum dug up into the ceiling of the tunnel and caused a cave in near the entrance.

“Ain’t nothing comin in through thar.” He laughed. “Unless it eats rocks. Know what I mean?” When Spike stared at him blankly he looked at the ground uncomfortably.

“Is there anything I can do?” Solum asked.

”Maybe a cool rag. She feels kind of warm and I don’t want to leave her.”

“I can handle that. That I can handle.”

“Thanks Mate.” Spike gave him a ghost of a smile.

When he returned with the rag, Spike applied it to her forehead, all the while entreating her to wake up. After a while Solum left him alone unable to watch his vigil.

Finally at some point Spike fell asleep, kneeling next to their bed, his head bowed to her chest. To someone who didn’t know what he was, it would seem he was praying.


“Uhhh,” A growling moan, began to wake Spike. “Oh damn.” He raised his bleary eyes and met Buffy’s. “What was that vamp packing? A freight train?”

“Buffy?” Spike whispered.

“I think so. The jury’s still out.”

“You’re all right.” Spike sat back as she struggled to sit upright.

“I’m not so sure. I feel like I drank a bottle of tequila then fell down a flight of stairs onto Mike Tyson.”

Spike smiled wide. “You must be feeling better because you aren’t making any sense. Mike Tyson?”

“Yeah, cuz he’d be all hard and lumpy. Especially if you landed on him while you were drunk.”

Spike grabbed her and kissed her deeply.

“Mmm. That helped me feel better.” She smiled. “More please.”

Spike kissed her until she had to breathe and only then did he release her.

“I’m so glad you’re all right. You had me almost worried there for minute.” He told her earnestly.

She smiled at him again, and then got a confused look on her face. “How am I ok? The last thing I remember was you being all frozen guy.”

“I managed to break his hold over me.”

“How did you do that? I thought you had to obey older vampires, like that? Like its in your genes or something?” Her nose scrunched as she tried to puzzle out if demons would have genetics.

Spike, meanwhile, also wondered how he could break the Old One’s command. It shouldn’t be possible. There was no way he should be strong enough to fight something like that.

But obviously he was.

He gave Buffy his cockiest grin. “What can I say? I’ve always been a rebel.”

Instead of the usual eye roll and teasing at his bravado, this time Buffy leaned up and quickly ran her tongue over his bottom lip.

“Is that so?” She breathed. She watched his eyes darken in a way that now familiar to her. She quickly scooted back and removed her shirt. She knew that when he got THAT look she better get it off fast, even as torn and tattered as it was it was the only clothing she had and she didn’t need him to rip it off her in his lust.

Solum entered the their room a little while later. “Has there been any chan…” His voice trailed off as he caught sight of the two of them. He tilted his head to one side, then the other. “Now how is that even possible?” He asked, and then quickly ducked out again when an unlit torch came flying towards him.


Afterwards, Spike couldn’t say what made him do it.

Was it the thrill of besting one of the oldest vampires still around? Was it the fear he felt at seeing Buffy almost killed?

Either way it had been a mistake. A colossal one.


They were laying together kissing, just enjoying the feel of the other one pressed close, when Buffy’s stomach growled.

She giggled. “And there it is again.”

Spike smiled, happily. “Time for more fish.”

Buffy screwed up her face. “As happy as I am to have it, if we ever get out of here, I’m never touching fish again.”

They both laughed, but Spike’s mind also took it to another place.

“And what about me?” He tried to keep his voice light, but was unable to meet her eyes.

At first she didn’t catch on, or pretended not to. “You don’t eat the fish.” She said with an eye roll.

“No, I mean after we get out of here will you ever touch me again?’

Buffy opened her mouth, probably to answer with some witty, teasing remark, but then she noticed his tone and demeanor and the words froze in her throat.

Spike with her. In Sunnydale.

She never considered it. Never even let such thoughts enter her brain.

Sunnydale was different. She was different there.

And Spike…

He was a killer. He had to know she couldn’t let him kill. Or did he plan to keep feeding off of her?

Angel and Giles would kill him. Xander would try to kill him.

Buffy watched his face close off as her mind tried to work out what to say.

He cared about her. The realization struck her like a thunderbolt, shocking her and yet not, especially after her dream of him.

Did she care about him? Could she let herself admit it if she did? He had to hear her heart speed up as she asked herself that question.

“Forget it, Slayer.” Spike stood up, humiliated and hurt by her complete lack of response.

Buffy’s mind went into full-blown panic mode as she tried to find the words. “Wait Spike, we have to talk about this.”

“I didn’t know it needed a long discussion.” He pulled on his pants. “It was a simple question.” His jaw tightened.

“But its not.” She said desperately. “I’m the Slayer and you’re a vampire.”

“Really? Gee, I never noticed. Good thing that’s never happened before.”

“That was different. You killed people…” She stopped realizing Angel had killed people as well. “…More recently.” She finished lamely.

Spike shook his head and finished fastening his pants. He turned to walk out. Buffy’s mouth moved before her brain registered what she was staying. She just wanted him to stop.

“They’d kill you. Angel, Giles. Even my friends. They’d never accept it.” As soon as the words were out, she wanted them back. Mentioning Angel right now was NOT the best idea.

Spike stopped and she saw him visibly tense.

“I need to get out of here for a while.” His voice was pitched low, but there was no mistaking the fury in it.

“Spike.” Buffy whispered, wanting to make everything right again, but he walked out without a backwards glance.



Now Spike was walking out in the Garden by himself. He managed to get in a few good battles, but nothing would take the edge off his anger.

The look of total shock on her face summed it up quite nicely. She never even though about the possibility of the two of them together outside of this prison.

‘Well, why should she when she had Angel to go back to?’ A voice in his head whispered. ‘Think about all the things you’ve taught her that she can show him.’

Spike snarled. He had been unable to reign in his demon since Angel’s name had crossed her lips. He knew he had to get away from her before he killed her.

He stopped and looked up. Up ahead he could feel power. Old power. He smiled through his fangs. They wanted to send more vampires down here to kill him?

Good. He was up to the challenge.


Buffy crept out of the room. As she approached the pool she saw no signs of Spike, but Solum sat near the water, cooking up some fish. He smiled when she walked up. “I got these for you.”

“Solum, have you seen Spike?”

“He went tearing out of here a while ago. I jes figured he was going out after whatever had attacked you before. Are you feeling all right now?”

“I’m ok. I thought he killed the vamp that attacked us.”

“He may have, darlin’, but he made me block up the entrance ya’ll usually come through.” Solum shivered. “I could hear it crawlin’ on the other side. Once these Ugallu demons get a taste of you, they don’t ever stop.”

Buffy suddenly remembered the cold feeling that had enveloped her while she was unconscious. It must have been that centipede creature. It must have attacked her while Spike was fighting the vampire.

“Spike went after it?” She asked incredulously.

“I think so.”

“We have to go after him.” Buffy exclaimed.

“We?” Solum asked. “Honey, I’m a lover, not a fighter. Although, I haven’t been much of lover lately, unless you count self love.”

“Eewww!!” Buffy exclaimed. “TMI.” She shook her head. “If Spike went after that thing he’ll need all the help he can get. Now come on.”

Solum shrugged and followed after her. They both stopped to pick up some large limbs to use as weapons before heading off down the tunnels.

They didn’t get too far before they came to the beginning of the cave in Solum created. “Well, I guess he didn’t go out this way.” Buffy said thoughtfully.

“No I don’t guess he could.”

“What’s that noise?”

“What noise?”

“Shhh.” It sounded like fluttering moths.

Buffy leaned her head forward to put her ear next to one of the rocks when it jumped off the pile and landed at her feet. Out of the hole it had been in popped out the extended eye tentacle of the Ugallu.

“Damn. How did it get through all that?”

Buffy spun and grabbed his arm. She took off running, dragging Solum with her. “I’m not waiting around to ask it.”

“We have to find Spike.” She said urgently.

“We have to find some place safe.”

“Not until we find Spike.” Buffy insisted.

“Well, I guess there is a better chance of that.” Solum admitted.

They ran back into the main cavern and stopped at the edge of the pool to catch their breath.

“Can we trap it somehow?”

Solum shook his head no. “That was one of my best cave ins and it made it through there in a few hours.”

“There has to be some way to stop it.”

“None that I know of.”

Buffy gritted her teeth. Where the hell was Spike, he was always good at thinking on his feet.

Solum whistled. “That thing sure does travel fast.” Buffy looked up and watched as the centipede creature crawled out of the tunnel heading towards her.

“We have to move.”

”Where?”

“I don’t know. Just move.”

“That sounds like a well thought out plan.” Solum said before Buffy pulled him into motion.

They ran towards one of the other tunnels, just as Spike stepped out.

“Spike, thank god. The centipede creature’s here. Its…” Then Buffy felt the group of vampires that emerged behind him, including the skank from upstairs.

“Spike, what’s going on?” She asked. Behind her Solum began to back away looking for a way to escape.

“Truce is over, Slayer.” Spike said before hitting her soundly on the head, knocking her out.

“That wasn’t so hard.” Ipwet purred clutching his arm. “You can kill him.” She told the other’s pointing to Solum.

“No.” Spike ordered when they jumped forward. “Don’t kill him. Bring him with us.”

Two of the vampires grabbed Solum, pulling him forward while another two picked up Buffy.

“You’re a real piece of shit.” Solum spat at Spike when they drug him past.

It was then that Spike noticed the Ugallu moving across the ceiling towards them. “Better get a move on. That thing’s after our dinner.”
Chapter 15: Power by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
See end of Chap
Chapter 15: Power

Buffy woke up in a cold cell. She could feel every rock in her back and the dampness soaking into her bones.

How did she get her?

Spike.

He had betrayed her.

She jumped up, ignoring the throbbing in her head and began to look for a way out.

“Its no use, we’re sealed in here tighter than a firefly in a mason jar.” Buffy looked out through the bars of her cell to see Solum in the cell across from her, sitting on a cot and studying the floor intently.

“What?” She asked in irritation, the surprise she felt at seeing Solum was eclipsed by her fury at Spike.

“There’s no way out. I can’t even dig through this stuff.”

“Great. What are they planning on doing with us?”

“I don’t know about me, but you’re going to be the main course after the big ceremony tonight. They’ve all been in here looking you over.”

Buffy fought the nausea that his words brought.

“What ceremony?’

“Seems your boyfriend’s moved up in the world. Gonna be the number two vamp on the Council.

Spike betrayed her to sit on the Council? She couldn’t believe it.

Unaware of her thoughts Solum continued. “And here I thought he really loved you.”

Buffy closed her eyes. “He might have.” She said quietly.

Solum looked up at her. “What d’ya mean?”

Buffy sighed. “Before he left he wanted to know if we had a future outside of this.”

Solum snorted. “And I’m guessing you told him ‘no’.”

“I don’t know how I feel about him.” Buffy protested. “But I know my friends…”

“Your friends?” Solum interrupted giving her a strange look. “What do they have to do with anything?”

“They hate Spike. He’s always trying to kill them.”

“And if he wasn’t trying to kill them?”

“They’d still hate him. And Angel. Angel would try to kill him.”

“Who’s Angel?”

Buffy got very flustered. “Spike’s sire, or grand sire. My Ex.”

Solum muttered something that sounded like. “Girl gets around.” Out loud he said. “And you don’t think Spike could take him?”

“Maybe.” Buffy paused a second. “Probably.” Then she thought of the Old One he’d killed. “Definitely.”

“So what’s the problem? They’d all eventually have to accept him, at least they’d have to accept your feelings for him.”

“You don’t know my friends.”

Solum stared at her. “You aren’t the brightest candle on the lamp, are you?” He lay back on the cot he was sitting on.

“Well, at least you were right in one thing.” He said.

“What’s that?” Buffy asked.

“You obviously don’t love him.” Buffy turned away. “I mean if you did, you wouldn’t care what all these other people thought.” He rolled over as if to get some sleep. “I wouldn’t worry too much about it, though. It’s only going to cost us our lives.”

A tear ran down Buffy’s face as shame coursed through her.


“These clothes are bloody ridiculous.” Spike complained, looking down at himself.

“I think they look sexy on you.” Ipwet said from her perch behind him.

Spike shot her a look but refrained from telling her how ridiculous she was.

Spike had managed to get them to take away the robes she’d wanted him to wear at first. Then they tried to put him in some weird black leather number, but he’d sent that away as well. Now they had him in some black baggy pants and a white poofy shirt. He had to look like the biggest pansy in history.

“Why can’t I just wear my own damn clothes?” Spike asked as he tore the shirt off.

“You mean the filthy black pants we had to burn?”

“And my coat. I took that coat off a Slayer. It should be a symbol to the Council. Show them exactly who they’re dealing with.”

“What coat? You didn’t have a coat when we found you.”

“Oh, Bloody Hell.” Spike swore. “Its probably still down there. I’ll have to go get it.”

Ipwet stood up to stop him. “Wait a minute. We have minions to do these things for us. You don’t want to endanger yourself by returning to the Garden.”

“I managed to survive for a good long while, I think I can handle it for a few minutes.” Spike went to go around her, but again she stopped him.

“We can’t risk you. You are too important to our plan.”

That got Spike’s attention. “What do you mean? I thought getting me out and on the Council was the plan?”

Ipwet gave him an enigmatic smile. “I’ll get the minions to fetch your coat while I explain it to you. Where is it?”

“Its in a small cavern behind the big one with the pool. It’s the one Buffy and I…” He trailed off.

Ipwet immediately knew what he didn’t say. Her smile grew calculating, but he didn’t notice. She’d had her suspicions about their relationship, but now she was certain. He really was just a sucker for any female. She was going to use this knowledge to its full advantage. He wasn’t going to stand a chance against her.

She stepped out into the hall, stopped the first minion she saw and ordered him to go and fetch Spike’s coat out of the Garden. She could see the fear in his eyes, but he didn’t dare refuse her.

Spike was waiting for her when she entered his rooms again.

“Now what’s this plan?” He asked suspiciously.

Ipwet straightened up and prepared to give him her best pitch.

“For centuries now several of us have known that we really shouldn’t have to live the way we do. We should rule the humans; they should be like our cattle or slaves. We have hidden in the shadows of the dark for too long. Once you have the powers of the Aurelian clan and the Baraqel clan, the balance of power will shift. We can oust Matsema and live as we were meant to.”

“That’s your big plan?” Spike laughed. “And do you think the humans will just allow you to herd them into slavery?”

Ipwet quickly hid her disappointment at his lack of enthusiasm. Evidently she was going to have to persuade him a different way. She eyed up his lean frame as he searched for a different shirt to wear.

“With the power of the Council behind us, I don’t think the humans have a chance.”

“Then you underestimate them.” Spike answered “And you are forgetting one thing.”

“What’s that?”

“The Watcher’s Council and the Slayer. The won’t let you get away with all this.”

“We have the Slayer and I have plans for her.”

Spike stopped digging through the clothes, but didn’t say anything.

“I though she could be our personal little lap dog. We don’t want to kill her because we don’t want another one called, we just want to drain her enough to keep her weak and in chains.”

“I think you underestimate her.” Spike voice was stiff. “She’d die before she let that happen.” Spike pulled out a cigarette from one of the packs one of the others had given him.

“Then we’ll have to give her some incentive, won’t we?” Ipwet pretended to think. “I know. We’ll capture Angelus. With him in our custody she wouldn’t dare act up. I’ve heard she’d do anything for her true love.”

She watched as Spike almost snapped the cigarette in half.

“There’s more than one Slayer now, you know.” Spike tried to change the subject of Buffy and Angel.

“Ah, yes. The other Slayer, she’s already walking the line of darkness. It won’t take much to bring her to our side.”

Spike didn’t say anything.

“Well, what do you think?” Ipwet asked.

“I think you just may be as crazy as Dru.” He snorted. Ipwet was unperturbed.

She walked over to him slowly, swaying her hips as she moved and running a hand down in between her breasts.

“Drusilla never loved you, did she? Always putting Angelus first. Now the Slayer does the same thing. What better use of your new powers than to put those in the places that never appreciated you?” She ran her hands over his arms watching his as he stared at her mistrustfully. “You have so much strength William. I can see how far you can go. Together we can rule this world.” She paused. “Haven’t you ever wondered what it would be like to be with someone as devoted to you as you are to the?” She could see her words affecting him. The mistrust slowly being replaced with the beginnings of interest and lust.

“I’ve admired you for years.” Her hands began to caress his chest. “I’ve fought for you to come into the power you deserve. I believe in your gifts.” She leaned up and kissed him. He didn’t exactly return her kiss, but he didn’t push her away. “All I ask is that you let me stand beside you. Let me be your partner.” Her hands slipped lower. “Your lover.” Spike hissed through his teeth in pleasure. She leaned forward for another kiss. “Your mate.” She murmured before her lips met his.

Spike pulled back in surprise. “Mate?”

“Is it so surprising I would want to share eternity with such a magnificent creature like you?”

“No one else ever…” Spike started.

Ipwet put a finger against his lips. “No one else sees you the way I do.”

Spike kissed her finger. It took all of her acting skills not to laugh out loud. It was all too easy.


Meanwhile, the minion had gathered up its courage and was prepared to descend into the Garden. He chanted in a demonic tongue and the fog formed a solid platform to take them below. It took two trips since there were so many of them. The first minion heard about what happened to others that had tried to enter into the Garden so he took almost twenty-five others with him. He was hoping to find safety in numbers.


Spike sat alone in the rooms that had been given to him. It had taken him a while, but he finally managed to get rid of Ipwet.

The vampiress had been determined to initiate a mating claim right there and then. Spike got her to leave off on that by telling her that he wanted to wait until he received his power because only then would he be worth of her. After that she offered him her body and then a blowjob ‘to take the edge off’ before the ceremony.

Spike had refused all of these, although the blowjob was almost tempting.

The truth was he wanted time to think before everything started happening.

On the surface what he was being offered was like a fairy tale for vampires. A chance at unbelievable power, a beautiful, cruel and vicious vampiress for a mate, and all the respect he had been denied up to this point.

However, he knew from experience that when you just went along with events as they were happening, you very often wound up trapped in a prison of your own making.

Ipwet’s plan for world domination was laughable at best. Spike knew that the humans would rise up against them and while they were immortal, their weaknesses had been widely publicized since Bram Stoker wrote about that idiot Dracula.

The idea of taking control of the Council did have its merits, although Spike wasn’t too sure that they would be able to roust Matsema from power. His power came from the ages and Spike doubted event he Creator himself, would stand against Matsema without being thoroughly prepared.

Then there was the question of Buffy. There was no way he would keep her as lap dog, watching her pine for her beloved Angel. Just the thought of that made his rage start to boil once again.

He had been surprised when he betrayed her that he didn’t get the sense of satisfaction he had been looking for. Instead what he got was a vague feeling of shame.

He had announced when he was brought up that he would offer her up as the celebratory feast after the ceremony. A gesture that had been met with cheers. However, now he wasn’t sure he wanted all the others to get a taste of her, no matter how much it improved his status with them.

He wouldn’t…couldn’t let her go. It was out of the question. So what to do with her? He couldn’t just keep her either. She already was basically admitted to using him and after this she would despise him for betraying her.

If only he could make her understand the way it was. Make her understand him. Make her like him.

His eyes widened and he burst out laughing.

Of course.

Why didn’t he see it before?

He would make her like him. He would turn her.


Of the twenty-five that went down into the Garden only three remained and they were racing for the exit while the others were ripped apart by a large demon that had found them. The screams helped push them onward.

It was with great relief they reached the shaft that would return them to the dungeon overhead.

One of them quickly recited the incantation and they began to rise just as the demon entered into the cavern they were in. It roared up at them, but they were out of its reach.

They were so intent on looking down at their pursuer they never looked up at what waited for them.

When they were almost to the ceiling of the Garden the Ugallu demon dropped down on them from above. One vampire was so startled he fell off and into the waiting jaws of the creature below.

The other two struggled to keep their balance, but one of them fell down and wound up being decapitated as they pass an outcropping of rock. The Ugallu pushed off the last one, its scream echoed through the cavern.

Had anyone upstairs been paying attention in the conference room they could have put a stop to it, but they were all too busy preparing for the ceremony.

When the fog reached the floor of the dungeon the Ugallu didn’t even hesitate, it just continued its search for the powerful life force it had gotten to taste twice now.

It could feel it nearer now.

It was only a matter of time.

On the floor behind it Spike’s coat lay in a heap.



When the door to her cage was opened Buffy bounced up on her feet.

Spike entered first dressed in a tight fitting pair of black pants and no shirt. Her first thought was how delicious he looked, and then she noticed the five guards who were flanking him.

“Afraid to take me on yourself?” She asked trying to keep her voice light and teasing, still hoping this was all a game to set them free.

“I don’t have the time to deal with you right now.” He answered coldly.

Buffy let her gaze linger on him. “Spike, please let me explain. You didn’t give me a chance to explain before.”

“Sorry, luv. Got things to do.” He smiled coldly. “Important things.” He motioned for the guards to grab her. They were all surprised when she didn’t struggle; all of her attention was focused on him. “Going to make it easy for us? Didn’t know you already had a death wish.”

“Spike, I don’t love him anymore.” She told him earnestly.

Whatever reaction she had been hoping for she didn’t get it, instead he walked forward and slapped her soundly.

“Gag her. I don’t want another word to escape her lips.”

“Spike!! Dammit listen to me.” Buffy demanded. She finally started struggling against her captors, but it was too late, their hold was too tight.

“What do you want us to gag her with?” The guards looked around and found nothing.

“Dammit Spike.”

Spike stepped forward and ripped the t-shirt from her body leaving her naked. Buffy struggled even harder. “You won’t need this anymore.”

He ripped it to shreds and forced a section into her mouth, almost getting his finger bitten off in the process and bound it behind her head.

“Let’s go. I don’t want to keep them waiting.” He said then walked out of the cell leaving them to drag her behind.

The room they took her to was a different room than she had first been brought to. The floor was a polished black marble that was so smooth and shiny it looked like a black pool.

Buffy felt the power of all the Old Ones and felt the panic began to set into her. She tried desperately to get free, but the combined strength of her captors was like steel.

She was vaguely aware of the clapping and cheers when Spike entered the room behind her. She was ushered up to a large black dais, made of the same black marble. Matsema sat on a throne in the middle of it, off to his right stood Ipwet. The panic inside of her was replaced by rage and anger at the sight of the vampiress. She jerked her arms and managed to free one of them, using it to knock two more off of her.

Unfortunately Spike was on her in a second, causing her to almost sob in frustration. The diet of Slayer blood he had been on him made him much stronger than her and he quickly subdued her, holding her arms painfully behind her back.

“None of that Slayer. There’s still fun and games to be had.” When she tried to throw her head back at him, he only laughed.

“Don’t worry. You’ll love it.”

Buffy tried to fight him as he propelled her forward, but it was no use. She soon found herself hanging from a rack with a large marble base.

“Feel free to struggle all you like. You won’t break through those.” He gestured to the chains that held her in place.

There she hung, naked before all these vampires waiting to die. All of her energy was focused on her anger at Spike. To do otherwise would reduce her to fears and panic. Something she refused to do in front of these creatures.

How could she have been so foolish?

She had been certain that once she admitted to Spike that she didn’t love Angel anymore he would release her. She let herself believe that a creature like him could love.

She should have been fighting, trying to escape and let them kill her in the attempt. Instead once again she followed her heart and she wound up here. Humiliated and exposed.

Spike had chosen his revenge well.



“It is time.” Matsema said rising from his seat. “Let us begin.”

Ipwet went to take her seat as Buffy watched on from behind.

“William,” Matsema began. You have come farther than any other vampire in the history of our kind. Once considered the weakest of your clan and sentenced to death by this very Council, through determination, self-reliance and creative thinking you are to receive more standing and power than any other as young as you.”

Buffy watched Spike standing there, the pride in his eyes was evident. Grudgingly she could admit to herself he deserved to be proud. He was a legend among his kind.

Matsema walked towards him. “For your achievements you shall be rewarded.” Matsema stood before him. “But first we must taste you, test your loyalties.”

Buffy noticed Ipwet seemed to blanche at this and she wondered what was going on.

Spike immediately knelt down and tilted his head to the side to allow the older vampire access to his neck. Matsema wasted no time in striking in for him in such a brutal way that it almost made Buffy wince. The pain on Spike’s face was plain for anyone to see, but there was more.

She also recognized the look of ecstasy in his features. She knew that biting was a renewal of family and a connection to other vampires. She wondered how long it had been since Spike shared this connection with anyone besides Drusilla.

Matsema didn’t drink from him for very long. He lifted his bloodstained lips away and commented. “Well, well. Very remarkable indeed.” Buffy noticed Ipwet looked extremely relieved.

Then Matsema turned towards her. “You taste wonderfully my dear.” He told her. “I look forward to drinking from the tap.”

Buffy looked at Spike, but he didn’t even acknowledge Matsema’s words. She began to realize how doomed she was.

“Now, we shall complete the ritual.” Matsema rolled up the sleeve on his long shirt and held his wrist out towards Spike. He spoke in a language Buffy didn’t understand, but she could see it was having some effect on Spike. His demon came forth and his eyes were glowing brighter than she had ever seen. His body convulsed several times before he lay still.

“Drink. Drink from me, my Childe.” Matsema said. With a growl Spike latched onto his wrist. Matsema’s head fell back in what appeared to be pleasure, while the other vampires around them took up chanting.

After a few moments Matsema softly pushed Spike away. “Now that the ritual is done, I present to you the right hand to power. William the Bloody, Head of the Clan of Aurelius.”

Clapping rose up from Council. “Rise, my Childe.” Matsema glanced back at Buffy. “I believe you have something more to present us with.”

Spike grinned through his blood soaked teeth. He stood up and moved towards Buffy. She begged him with her eyes not to do this, but he didn’t appear to see. When he got close enough he ripped her gag out of her mouth. “I want to hear you scream.” He growled at her.

“Spike don’t do this.” She said softly. “I never meant to hurt you, please listen to me.”

He didn’t even bother to respond. He looked down her body with a hungry expression.

“Spike.” She repeated urgently.

He took a deep unneeded breath and then dove for her neck.

The pain of this bite was intense compared to the gentle bites he had taken before. Buffy tried to jerk or move to get out of his grasp, but he held her firmly in place with his teeth. When she felt his mouth pulling strongly at her skin while he swallowed deeply she knew her time was up.

This was the end.


A/N: Flames, death threats and other such things will be ignored. The story is going to go where it wants to go and you’ll all have to wait until Sunday for the final chapter to find out. Hee-hee.
Chapter 16: The End by Kyra Storm
Author's Notes:
A/N: Yay finished. Today is Sunday right?

This fic is for Bloodshedbaby, because she came up with the challenge and because she is such and exceptionally sweet person.

BSB, I hope you like it and I hope it was what you were looking for when you came up with the challenge. Sorry about the beer delay. Hee-hee.


For those of you waiting on Life Eternal, the next chapter will be up soon. (I won’t make any promises on when, but it is coming.

Several people asked about a sequel to this one. I do need a lighter fic to work on in between Life Eternal chapters, so it is possible. I could do a couple short stories about their adventures on the islands, or returning Solum home. I also have a short PWP outlined out. So let me know what you think should be next.

Thanks to everyone whose read and reviewed this.

Kyra
Chapter 16: The End?

“Gotta tell ya, I’m still really pissed off. I mean a fella doesn’t easily forgive someone for messin’ with him like that.”

Solum sat down in a plush chair on the deck of a boat as it cut almost silently through the water. The sky was filled with stars up above them. The sheer number indicated how far away they were from the shore and any light pollution.

“I thought that was the end o’me. I was certain I’d never get to see my girls again. I thought they’d have to remember their daddy as just some deadbeat who abandoned them. That feeling is something a man just doesn’t forget, ya know?”

Spike walked up next to him and handed him a large glass filled with an amber liquid. Solum sniffed at it and then a huge grin split across his face.

“Shit yeah. All is forgiven, my friend.” He took a long drink. “I missed that burn.” He said with relish. “All is definitely forgiven.”

Spike had a small smile as he sat down in the chair next to him. For a few minutes the two sat and enjoyed the silence.

“So I gotta ask you something, jes’ ‘tween us men.”

Spike let out a quiet laugh at Solum’s language skills. “All right, Mate.”

“Was all that part of a plan? Did you mean for it to happen?” Solum’s voice lowered. “Did you mean to do that to her?”

Spike tilted his head and didn’t answer right away.

“My plans never work out, especially where the Slayer is concerned.”

“She’s quite the little fire ant, ain’t she? I would have never expected her to do what she did.”

“No.” Spike’s voice was low, but the pain in it was still clear for Solum to hear.

“I would think this would be what you wanted, yet you don’t seem to happy.”

This time the silence stretched on and on. Finally Solum shook his head and chuckled when he realized Spike wasn’t going to share with him.

“Ya’ll are about the dimmest candles I ever did see.”

Spike turned his head and looked at him strangely when the words still didn’t make sense after the third time he repeated them to himself.

“Mate, sometimes I don’t understand a word you say.”

Solum laughed. “Maybe she can explain it to you.” He nodded at something behind Spike. He turned around to see Buffy standing there, looking at him with a smile on her face.

Spike couldn’t help the look of awe that came over his face. The Slayer finally got some decent rest and got cleaned up. From the looks of things she went all out when it came time for pampering. She looked beautiful standing in the moonlight with a white cotton dress on. It had been all they could really find on such short notice in the area of Africa they were in.

They stood there staring at each other for several moments, but neither one said a word.

“Seein’s how ya’ll din’t get any time to talk, I’ll leave ya’ll alone.” Solum said, as he stood up. “I’m sure you have a lot to say to each other.” He added emphatically.

Still neither one said anything.

“Don’t worry ‘bout me. I think the crew’s got a card game goin’ on down below. I wanna see if my luck’s changed at all. Be nice to get some cash to get something for my girls. Don’t wanna show up empty handed, an’ all.”

Still, neither replied.

“So,” Solum let the word drag out. “Either of you have any cash you can lend me? Just to get me started.”

Now they both turned to him looking amused.

“There’s some jewelry in a box, on the dresser of my room.” Buffy answered. “I believe it belonged to the previous owner.”

Solum smiled wide. “You, darlin, you’re an angel. That’s what you are.” With that he turned and left them alone.

Buffy sat down in the chair the Solum just vacated. Her smile was gone, replaced by a look of seriousness. Spike waited for her to speak, he didn’t have to wait long.

“Why did you do it?” Her voice carried no hint of her mood.

Spike took a deep breath.




Flashback

The sound of flesh ripping under his fangs almost made him swoon with pleasure. Every sense he had was heightened with his new power and the act of drinking from Matsema had his demon out in full force.

As soon as the blood hit his tongue he knew, though. This was so much more than just food.

As he gulped her blood down his throat Spike thought of what Buffy would be like as a vampire.

Cruel.

Vicious.

Evil.

Cold.

The last one reminded him of how she was now, warm and full of life.

He couldn’t say it was a conscious decision; all he was aware of was one thing.

He ripped his mouth away from her neck. “MINE!” He bellowed to the assembled vampires. He turned to face them. “The Slayer belongs to me. I claim her for my Mate.”

Dead silence. Shocked silence. Then noise poured forth. Yelling and screaming.

End Flashback


“I wish I could give you a solid answer, pet, but all I can say is it was instinctual.”

Buffy nodded. She may have sensed there was a lot more to it, but she didn’t press him.

Probably because she didn’t want to know, he thought.

“Why did you do it?” He asked her.




Flashback

When his fangs cut through her skin Buffy almost yelled out in pain. This wasn’t like the gentle bites from before or even like the passionate ones that occurred when they were having sex. This was a vampire out to kill.

Yet, once the initial pain was over, the sensation of Spike drinking from her neck with his familiar scent washing over her had her subconsciously arching up into him. In fact, if it weren’t for the impending death, she might have even enjoyed the violence in his act.

Her heart ached as he drank more of her blood. Since, she now assumed she would be dead soon she could admit that the pain of Spike’s betrayal was more painful than the knowledge of her impending death.

It was a shock to her when he abruptly pulled away and shouted out. “MINE.” She never heard the rest when he turned back to the other vampires because of the sudden surge of energy she felt. Strength ran through her making every one of her muscles vibrate. Her hearing and sight sharpened, she could make out every single hair on Spike’s head and the yelling that started was almost deafening and overpowering.

Her eyes focused on Spike’s neck. He was standing before her, muscles tensed as if waiting for an attack. It took little effort to break the chains holding her and before he could even turn at the sound of them falling she attacked.

She wrapped her arms around him and quickly bit down on his neck. She had never bitten anyone before with the attempt to draw blood, but with the strength she had it wasn’t too difficult. The feeling of the skin breaking around her teeth was something she would never forget. Because her teeth were so dull, she couldn’t reach down to the vein as he did, but she did manage to get a mouthful of blood. Before she could even question what she was doing she swallowed it down, barely noticing the coppery flavor over the taste of Spike’s essence.

“MINE!” She yelled victoriously.

End Flashback


“I don’t know what happened. I just felt like I needed to do it. Maybe it was instinct.”

Spike nodded as if that’s what he expected.

“I just never thought he’d let us go like that. Do you think everything he told us was true?”

“I can’t see why he’d lie about something like that. Isn’t exactly something a demon would be proud of.”




Flashback

Neither Buffy nor Spike had to time to examine their actions or the consequences because suddenly there was several vampires headed their way with deadly intent in their eyes. Ipwet was screaming and yelling at Spike, rage clear on her face. Through it all Matsema sat upon his throne looking thoughtful.

Three vampires rushed them. Spike threw a punch while Buffy ducked to avoid a club one of the others was carrying. Extremely aware of the fact that she was naked, Buffy tried to ignore the embarrassment and concentrate on keeping her exposed parts safe. She knew that if she let them get close there was a greater chance they could do any damage.

She kicked her leg back behind her, hitting the vampire trying to sneak up on her right in the stomach. When he flew back she jumped into the space he had just vacated, right as the vampire in front of her swung his club again. The club missed her by a fraction of an inch, the vampire certain he was going to hit her, was unprepared for the momentum of the swing to carry him around. Buffy took her chance when the club passed. She grabbed the shoulder closest to her and pushed it in the direction the club went, at the same time she grabbed his chin and pushed that the other way. She heard the popping noises indicating his neck was broken, but she pushed on until she twisted his head off.

Buffy felt a great deal of satisfaction as she watched him disintegrate. She heard another whoosh and looked up to see Spike finishing off two more vampires, at the same time. He simply grabbed them by the neck, one in each hand and ripped their heads off. He spun around probably checking to make sure she was ok. Their eyes met for an instant, but then they both caught sight of more vampires moving up behind each other.

Spike dove for the vampire behind her, the one she had kicked back before, while Buffy jumped towards the one who was sneaking up on Spike. She didn’t tackle him though; instead she rolled on the ground, coming up behind him. Then before he could turn around she swept his knees out from under him and quickly twisted his neck.

She looked around for any other attackers, but the rush seemed to have stopped. The rest of the vampires simply watched the events as if it was entertainment provided for them. Buffy turned to look back at Spike; clearly he knew they were out of immediate danger because he was playing with the last vampire instead of killing him outright.

Movement off to the side caught Buffy’s attention.

She jumped up and grabbed Ipwet’s wrist, prying the stake she had been holding out of her hands. Buffy punched her right in the nose. As soon as the vampiress fell to the ground, Buffy was on top of her, holding the stake above her heart.

“I’m going to enjoy this.” Buffy growled.

“ENOUGH!!” Matsema’s voice carried across the hall. Even when he wasn’t using his Sire voice the tone left no room for disobedience. Spike finished off the vampire he was fighting and came to stand next to Buffy.

Buffy didn’t release her hold on Ipwet, but she did look up at Matsema.

“Guards, arrest Ipwet, take her down to the torture chambers.”

Beneath Buffy Ipwet began to shout.

“What!! Why? Sire, I’m a loyal member of this Council. He’s the one who betrayed us all.”

“Do you think I’m stupid?” Matsema asked, amusement in his voice. “Do you really think you could manipulate me?”

“Sire, please.” Ipwet was begging now. The guards approached Buffy warily. She glared at them for a few seconds before standing and letting them take her.

“Sire.” Her makeup ran down her face as tears poured from her eyes.

Matsema smiled at her, it was a terrifying sight. “It’s been so long since I actually tortured someone. This will be a nice.”

“NOOOO!” Ipwet cried as the guards led her away.

Matsema looked out at the remaining vampires. “Those of you who were following her, consider yourselves lucky. I do know who you are and from now on you will be watched, but I will grant you leniency this one time.” He leaned forward in his chair, his eyes locked on Rangda. “Just know that if anything like this happens again, torture will be the least of it.”

There was silence. Buffy stood next to Spike unsure what to do. Should they try and make a run for it? Could they get to Solum?

“The rest of you can leave us.” At first no one moved. Buffy looked at Spike, but he shared her uncertain look.

“I said go.” Matsema snapped, and the rest of the Council rushed out. Then they were alone with Matsema.

“Come here.” He commanded them. Warily, Buffy and Spike moved forward.

“You are quite an incredible creature, William.”

Spike didn’t answer. “I had already suspected Ipwet was playing a game with me.” He continued on. “I wasn’t sure until I saw the truth in your blood.” He smiled a half smile. “I also knew you wouldn’t be able to kill your Slayer, but I knew that before I tasted you.”

Buffy couldn’t keep quiet. “So what are you going to do with us now?” She asked.

“Do with you?” Matsema replied. “Why I’m going to let you go.”

“Let us go.” Spike asked.

“Yes.”

“Just like that. After everything that’s happened and everything I’ve done, you’re going to let us go.”

“Yes.”

“Why?” Buffy asked.

“You will find Miss Summers that even the most evil of creature have their place. In the past, I have been known to help out the Creator.” He paused for effect. “Tasks he wouldn’t or couldn’t do himself. It’s all about keeping a balance. You two are going to be part of that.”

“What do you mean?” Spike asked.

“They have big plans for you.” Matsema replied enigmatically.

“Who does?” Buffy questioned him.

“I can’t tell you that. Not yet.”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.” Spike said.

“No, I assure you I’m not. Now we need to get you on your way. I believe you can travel on Ipwet’s boat; she won’t be needing it anymore. We’ll get Miss Summers a dress from the village below,” He paused, and thought a moment. “Unless you would like to try on some of Ipwet’s…” Buffy’s glare cut off his sentence. “Very well then. You will leave at sunset.”

“Wait a minute.” Buffy stopped him before he could leave. “What about Solum?”

“What’s a Solum?” Matsema looked confused.

“The digger you’ve had imprisoned in the Garden for who only know how long.”

“Ah, yes. What about him?”

“He has to come with us.”

“Does he?”

“Yes. He does.” Buffy said firmly.

“Fine.” Matsema stood up and walked to the doorway. “Be by the front gate at sunset. I shouldn’t have to tell you, you can never return here, but I will. If I ever catch you here again you will share Ipwet’s fate.” And with that he left.

Buffy and Spike stared at the door he just exited in a daze.

End Flashback




“So what happens now?” Buffy’s voice brought Spike out of his reverie.

“Well, I figured we’d head towards the states, get a train or plane from there. I’m sure once we reach a phone you could fly home. Your mum would send you a ticket.” Spike seemed to hesitate. “Once we get you home, we’ll get the Watcher started on breaking this claim.”

“You want to break the claim?” Buffy asked.

“I think it’s for the best.”

“I thought they couldn’t be broken.”

“They aren’t supposed to. If it can’t be broken I can always transfer it to Peaches.” Buffy didn’t say anything and for that he was grateful. “Don’t worry, pet, we’ll have you home and everything fixed up in no time.”

Buffy stood up and walked over to him. He was surprised when she sat herself down in his lap. “I have a better idea.” She announced.

“You do?”

“Uh-huh.” She nodded. “I think we should take this boat to the closest tropical island. I’m sure they’ll have a phone; I can call my mom on to let her know I’m ok. But I’ll tell her I’m working on a special project and it might take a few months. Then you and I start exploring some of these islands together.”

“But your friends.” Spike spluttered. “And your duty, Sacred Calling and all that rot.”

“Faith is there, and honestly I think she’ll do better without me around. She will get her chance to shine and feel all Chosen Oney. Plus, I think there might be some sparks between her and Angel. They both understand that whole dark side thing.”

“But don’t you want to get home?”

“Well, sure, eventually, but how often will we get a chance like this? Don’t you wanna see what sort of trouble we can get into?”

“But…” Spike started again. Buffy put her hand up to shush him.

“Spike, do you love me?”

He stared at her, he didn’t want to admit it and give her the chance to rip him apart, but he couldn’t deny it.

“Yes.”

She smiled at him. “I’m still kind of leery of men after the whole Angel fiasco. I don’t know if what I felt for him was really love, especially since it’s completely different from what I feel for you. But I do have strong feelings for you. They probably are love, but I just don’t know yet. I want to take our time and enjoy being with each other and getting to know each other outside of the whole ‘fighting for you lives’ thing.”

“You want us to be together.” Spike asked her in awe.

“I really do.”

“I think I can deal with that.” Spike finally smiled up at her.

“Well good.” Buffy leaned down and kissed him lightly. “What do you say we take this to your room.”

Spike deepened the kiss. When he released her, she seemed to be having trouble breathing. “I can’t wait to make love to you in a real bed.” He purred.

“Oh no.” Buffy shook her head emphatically and got off him. “You mister, are still in trouble for what you did back there. I haven’t forgotten anything.”

“But it all turned out all right.” Spike protested.

“I don’t care. You betrayed me, you lied to me, and you had me naked in front of all those old, ugly vampires.”

“I’m sorry, Buffy.”

“Sorry won’t cut it.” She answered, and then she smiled at him slyly. “I’m going to have to punish you.”

“Really?” Spike said with interest.

“Oh, yeah. Lots of punishment. There may even be ropes and blindfolds involved.”

“Well, then lets get on with it.” Spike said. “I want to take my punishment like a good boy.”

“Let’s go.” They strolled along the side of the deck, holding hands.

“Hey Spike?” Buffy asked.

“Hmm.”

“What ever happened to your coat?”




On the floor of the ocean, several miles down, the Ugallu demon made his way across the ground. Water didn’t affect it; neither did the extreme pressure at that depth.

It had already almost doubled in size from the feeding frenzy it went on as soon as it escaped, but now the edge had been taken off its hunger and once again it was hunting. It could still sense the life force it had tasted before, only now it was stronger, more vibrant. The creature moved as fast as it could, but the life force was still far away and getting farther by the minute.

It didn’t matter, the Ugallu was immortal, and it would hunt the life force until the end of time if it had to. Not that time meant anything to it. Eventually it would catch its prey.



The End???
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=11908