Bad Influences by Blood Faerie
Summary: In response to Bloodshedverse Challenge #96. Buffy takes Dawn and runs cross the country in a last ditch effort to keep her as it becomes apparent she is about to lose her. She tries to make a new life there for them, a better life, as the Scoobies try to get her back and even ask an old friend for help.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Parody
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 24303 Read: 8264 Published: 06/08/2005 Updated: 01/06/2006

1. Chapter One by Blood Faerie

2. Chapter Two by Blood Faerie

3. Chapter Three by Blood Faerie

4. Chapter Four by Blood Faerie

5. Chapter Five by Blood Faerie

6. Chapter Six by Blood Faerie

Chapter One by Blood Faerie


Bad Influences


~Chapter One~

AN: Hey, yet another challenge fic response. This is the second of three I planned on so far, cause I was running low on ideas and went through the challenges to see if it sparked some brainstorming. I figured I might as well answer some of the challenges that struck my interest as well. So found three so far that sparked a story idea for their response, as well as a totally original/non-challenge fic I will eventually get to as well.

Challenge: 96

I would love to see a fic where Spike, Buffy and Dawn leave Sunnydale. Post Wrecked and/or Gone, Social services are threatening to take Dawn away and she is having social problems at school. Buffy loses her job at the Doublemeat Palace and receives notice that the bank is going to foreclose on her house. She hears about a job that's elsewhere and decides to leave the hellmouth.

Must haves:
-Spuffy, of course, with a Dawn cheer section and a healthier relationship then in the show.
-Buffy getting a good paying job.
-The Scoobies hassling Buffy to come back to Sunnydale.

Can haves:
-Willow as the baddie.
-The Scoobies getting Angel to hassle Buffy about coming back to Sunnydale.

You decide if Buffy tells the gang she's leaving or if they make a run for it.





As Buffy packed her suitcases and kept an ear open to make sure Dawn was doing that as well, she thought back on the events that had led up to her decision to go ahead and leave Sunnydale. Since not too long after Mom died, Social Services had been on her tail to take care of Dawn top notch, a bit leery at the big sister taking over the role of mother. They had started voicing their concerns when Dawn started doing bad in school, skipping classes. Was it her fault Dawn was made to be a supreme pain in the ass? She sighed and stuffed the shirt in the case a bit forcefully.

And then, they had started coming to the house to check up on her. Hey, didn't they know she had been dead for a few months? Show some compassion... give her awhile to readjust to LIVING. Not that the bill collectors had cared either. She had thought after she got rid of the first witchy lady with her invisible antics that she could get away to smooth sailing for awhile. And she did, for only a little bit. That is, until they sent another one.

This one seemed kinder and was, probably gave her more chances than any of the other social workers would have. Not that she should have needed second chances, she took good care of Dawn. It just seemed everyone had bad timing when she was having a visit. Spike kept hanging around, popping in and out with his smoking blanket and making semi-lewd comments. Adding to the image that he was Buffy's boy toy that made booty calls with Dawn just down the hall doing her homework. Buffy rolled her eyes, AS IF! Then, there was also Willow living in the house. This should have come across has more help with the raising of Dawn and did at first, until the social worker kept finding Willow's weird things laying about and one time, Willow came downstairs and started with a spell to help get her some breakfast before she noticed the social worker. Surprised the women didn't faint, but she had been wary of Willow and Willow's influences on Dawn after that.

Oh OH! And she should mention Xander and Anya's little visit! They had come right in the door talking about demons and all sorts of no-no stuff right in front of the social worker. Buffy could have slapped them both upside the head and nearly did, but settled for dragging them into the kitchen by their ears. She gave them the stop-with-the-demon-talk speech then went back to the social worker, only to have Anya go from demon talk to very blatant and graphic sex talk, trying to discuss the social worker's sex life because then maybe she would loosen up. Buffy had gone very pale and nearly fainted herself then.

Dawn went back to doing bad in school during this and then came the stealing. So finally, Buffy was once again told by the new social worker that she was on probation, just as the last one had told her. She had went down to the basement and stewed the day away after that, putting her fist through the wall at one point before she had to hurry off to work.

Work, ahh... that was going good for awhile. She had been able to pay the bills and at least keep them from starving and being homeless, but then she kept getting called into school because of Dawn's behavior and her stealing. She kept missing work or having to leave early for this, once or twice purely because she had gotten so laid up by a demon she had not been up to working the next day and had called in sick. This led to her being fired and eventually getting tight on money again. They were definitely going to lose the house next. The calls from the social worker had started up recently, Buffy had been avoiding the phone, letting the answering machine get it... knowing what the news would be. They were going to take Dawn from her.

So, faced with that, she finally sat Dawn down and looked her in the eyes, demanding to know if she wanted to even stay with Buffy. She had been acting up, even in front of the social worker, giving Buffy the hint that she was TRYING to get her taken away.

Dawn had looked so shocked that Buffy would even ask that and sat there blinking for a few moments before finally answering her. Telling her that she did of course want to stay with Buffy. She loved her. She had gotten teary and started apologizing, begging her to keep them from taking her away.

Buffy had cried, too, hugging her sister and also apologizing for even thinking that was the case. Then vowing she was going to do something to keep them together. That was when she decided they were going to leave, it was about the only viable option she had. She could go mess with the social services office again and even shred her file, but that would only buy her a little time again before she had to put herself through more hell. So she called Giles, finally giving in the urge to ask for help from the second father figure to abandon her, hoping there was SOMETHING he could do.

He had found her a job with a friend of his in Georgia. It wasn't much, but it was everything to Buffy. She would have an income to build her and Dawn's new life on. Then he got back to her after contacting his friend about giving Buffy the job and he had somehow been able to get them new identities and find them a place there to rent with the help of the friend. Buffy had been in tears, so happy to have the help.

So now, with new identities waiting for them in a small town in Georgia where she would be a waitress in a bar and Dawn would finish her high school then go to college, they were leaving right away that night. She would be leaving without word to what she felt were her bumbling, selfish friends who seemed to always be part of her problem. Slayers are meant to be alone for a reason. Painful, but true. They had always been her weakness, the weak link the bad guys could use to get to her and her distraction. As well as them always relying on her for everything, so much so that they ripped her from heaven only thinking that THEY needed her HERE, not that she might be happy where she was. And the things they did on ACCIDENT were almost as bad as some of the things her enemies did. Then they go around with their self-righteous attitudes... it had just all been grating so thin with her since they brought her back... and her trying to put on a smile for them...

She shook her head and closed her last suitcase. She picked it and the other one up, then grabbed the make-up case and the duffle. She tossed the duffle over her shoulder and headed down the hall. She paused at Dawn's door and poked her head in to check on her progress.

"I'm taking my bags down to the car and then come back to help you if you need it," her eyes moved over the room and then back to Dawn. "Don't worry, okay? When we're settled and everything, we'll send them back word that we're okay. But, if we tell them now they'll just try to stop us."

"I... I understand, I really do, Buffy." Dawn nodded with a small smile. "You asked me if I wanted you to fight to keep me, if I was okay with running... and I agreed. No turning back now."

"I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll make a great new life for us and take care of you so well and be there for you when you need me... I'll do anything to make it better." She returned the small smile, forcing herself not to get teary eyed. It was not the time to break down and cry, they needed to get out of there before the others returned. So, she turned and hurried down to the car.

When she came back, Dawn was already heading down the stairs hurriedly and dragging a large suitcase behind her. She handed it off to Buffy and thumbed over her shoulder, "Got a couple more bags up there. Just start the car and I'll be right down to hop right in."

Buffy nodded and went to do just that. Dawn came to slide into the passenger seat and threw her book bag and a duffle into the back seat. She buckled up and Buffy started driving.

"We should stop at the gas station on the way outta town to get some snacks and fill up, get a map or something maybe." Dawn leaned forward to motion ahead of them and glance towards Buffy. "That way less stops if we got some food with us."

"Okay," Buffy smiled indulgently and pulled over when they got there. She topped off the tank and went inside to help pick out snacks. She handed Dawn the wad of money to pay for the gas and snacks. "I'm gonna make a pitstop before we get on the road. Go wait for me in the car, okay?"

She leaned over the sink to look into the mirror with a sigh. So this was it... she was leaving Sunnydale... she was leaving her friends... she was leaving her old life... she wasn't even sure if she would still need to slay in this new town. Though, maybe Giles picked it for the purpose it was having a problem or for its lack of problem. She would have to see when she got there. She splashed her face with some cool water and dried it off before heading back out to the car.

The bags were moved around in the back of the car and she glanced at Dawn as she buckled up. "Why were you digging around back there?"

"Wanted my jacket and I accidentally shoved my book in my case. Wanted to read and jacket is so I can use it as a blanket if I want to take a nap." She smiled at Buffy and held them up.

"Okay," the engine roared to life when she flicked the key, "Next time just think about that stuff before we get on the road."

*****


They drove the rest of the night and then all day, stopping a few times for meals, gas, and restroom breaks. Dawn napped half of the time and Buffy was left either listening to the radio or thinking to herself, going over things over and over in her head. How things will be where they were going and how it must be at home now that everyone was starting to realize her and Dawn were missing.

She was also starting to make plans for what they would need to do once they stopped. She was going to get some hair dye for herself at the nearest shopping center and she already got some coloured contacts online. Dawn would probably want in on the hair dying fun, too, though. She shrugged, oh well...

They had just got across the Texas border not too long ago. She found a nice looking town and stopped at the shopping center she spotted by the bright lights. She went inside and as she expected, Dawn decided if Buffy got a new look then so did she. Buffy grabbed a nice chestnut colour, nothing flashy, while Dawn got a strawberry blonde. The switch was not lost on Buffy who rolled her eyes at her sister's choice. But, she took them to the front and paid before they headed next to find a hotel.

Buffy clipped her hair to about her shoulders and Dawn helped her even it out better. Then Dawn asked her to put some layers in her hair. She did her best and then they ordered pizza to eat while they had their little hair dying party. Buffy got the shower first cause her hair colour needed to come out first, then while Dawn was in the shower she headed out to the car to finally bring their bags in.

She popped the trunk lid and shrieked as the first thing that registered was that there was a body in her trunk. Then she fell backwards when Spike sat up.

"Oh my fucking god!" was all she could gasp with her hand over her heart. Then she leaned forward to pulled her towel back to cover her better and hit him in the shoulder. "What are you doing in my trunk?! How did you get in there?!"

"Can I get out first, luv?" He started climbing out as soon as she gave him only about a foot of space, stretching after being curled up in there for so long. He turned and eyed her, "What did ya do t' your lovely lil goldilocks?"

He reached out to touch her damp hair and she jerked away.

"Explain! Now!" She curled her fists at her side and glared up at him.

"The bit called last night, told me what was goin' down. Figured you wouldn' agree t' let me come along t' take care of my girls... so she told me she would talk you int' a stop at the gas station down the street an' told me t' meet you guys there. Stowed me in the trunk an' been waitin' for you t' find me ever since." He leaned his hip against the back of the car.

"I can't believe she did this... she told me..." Her jaw worked as she turned to look towards the door to the hotel room.

"Buffy," he turned her face back towards him. "Won' tell anyone where we're goin' an' she didn' tell anyone else either. She jus' didn' wanna leave me behind, wanted me t' come along t' keep you guys safe."

"I can keep her safe."

"I know. I know, pet." He crossed his arms. "Not too thrilled m'self at the thought that you tried to ditch me along with the others."

"Yeah, well..." She shrugged and turned to get the bags out like the originally intended. "I had several reasons for that... and after driving for about thirty-six hours, I need sleep." She headed inside and glanced back at him. "You are so behaving yourself. No hanky spanky in front of Dawn, that is if I ever allow it again."

Dawn was coming out of the shower and stopped, grimacing as they came in. "Spike..."

"Yeah, guess what I found in our trunk, a bleached pervert. Lucky us, huh?" Buffy dropped the bags and crossed her arms, giving Dawn her best Stern Buffy look. "You got some 'splanin' to do, Dawnie."

"He's like part of the family. We couldn't just leave him behind. Who would look after him without us there? Make sure he's well fed and healthy?"

"You talk about him like he's the family pet." She made a face, "He's a friggin' vampire! Not a cocker spaniel!"

He went behind Buffy and started massaging her shoulders, "You said it yourself, pet. You need some sleep, gotten a bit cranky from being so knackered. What's done is done, an' we'll make the best of all this."

She sighed and her head drooped forward a bit, relaxing a bit at the magic his fingers worked on her muscles. He had the most talented hands... the things he could do with them... She moaned softly and gave a soft smile, before jerking straight as she remembered the young teenager in the room.

"Okay okay, we'll work this out in the morning. You can come with us... as long as you promise to behave. Listen to what I tell you or I will kick you to the curb." She waved a finger under his nose before sliding Dawn's suitcase towards her then putting one of her own on the bed. "Guess we'll have to figure out sleeping arrangements for the night... think we can ask for a cot?"

"I can take the floor... is no problem at all, luv." He started shrugging out of his duster.

"No, no... I'll take the floor... you two can take the bed. I insist and if you try to argue with me I'm going to go sleep in the car," Dawn put her nose in the air and went into the bathroom to change into her pajamas.

Buffy swallowed and looked over her shoulder at Spike warily. "Well then... guess I can't let me baby sister sleep in the car... guess I can handle it if you can... and no touching."

"Right then, no touchin'." Spike nodded and took his pillows to toss them on the floor along with his duster for her to sleep on instead of the itchy carpet. He looked back in time to see Buffy slip under the blankets quickly wearing only her panties and bra. He took in a deep unneeded breath. The minx... was she purposefully trying to torture him?

Dawn came out and smiled at them as she stretched out on her little nest on the floor, pulling blanket over her. "Good night!" she called out happily and curled up.

Spike chuckled. "Night, Nibblet." He flicked off the light and went to the bed, getting in and doing his best to keep no touching space between him and Buffy. He laid back and curled his arms under his head, staring at the ceiling and trying to keep his mind off the slayer beside him. The sweet smelling... warm... half-nude... beautiful... He groaned and curled onto his side where the tent in the blanket would be less conspicuous.

In the morning, he jerked awake at the feel of lips lightly brushing his skin. He glanced down and saw his lovely little slayer snuggled up against him with her face to the crook of his neck. He grinned and curled his arm around her, tucking the blanket more firmly around them before falling asleep again with a delighted smile, his sleep more peaceful with her against him.

Around noon, Dawn snuck out to go get some to eat from the diner connected to the hotel to get them some food.

Buffy sat up and looked around, she saw the empty nest on the floor and panicked. She reached out and shook Spike's shoulders, barely noticing the position she had been in when she had woken up. "Spike! Spike! Wake up! Dawn's gone!"

He sat up quickly and heads collided. Both groaned in pain and mirrored each other as they lifted a hand to their head. After a moment, the stars disappeared and Spike touched her cheek. "You okay, pet?"

"Yeah... but Dawn... she's not here." She pointed to the floor.

"Don' smell anyone else's presence in the room, so no one came an' got her," he vamped and cocked his head to listen to the area around the hotel, shifting through all the noise. He finally smiled slightly. "She's on her way back from the lobby... smell food. She probably jus' got hungry."

"Wished she would have waited or got me up before she left." She shook her head and hurried out of bed, grabbing clean clothes from her case and heading to the bathroom before Dawn came in to see she had been sleeping in the bed half-naked. Her voice came from the bathroom, grumbling, "I hope she got something for me... us, as well."

"I'm sure she did."

After a moment, the obvious hit her as she became fully awake. She finished zipping up her jeans and stepped out as she pulled a shirt over her head. "That reminded me... you left so fast because of her calling last minute... did you... bring blood?"

He pressed his lips together somewhat embarrassed and she could already tell his answer before he opened his mouth, "Luv... didn' even bring a change of clothes..."

"Ohh... and you can't really wear ours... heh..." She blushed. "S'pose I could send Dawn back out in a minute to that shopping center we went to last night to at least get you another pair of jeans and a couple more shirts. Should last you for now..." She walked over towards the bed. "And while she's gone with that... guess you'll have to settle for my blood..."

"Mmm, ain' complainin' there, pet... is the best of the best there... shame that offer is only good 'til we get t' your new place an' ya find a new butcher's t' hit up." He licked his lips and looked at her intently.

"Depends on if you're a good little boy." She smirked and then blushed, shaking her head. "I can't believe I just said that."

"I can... got a soft spot for this big bad vampire," he smirked and reached for her, grabbing her wrist to start pulling her down for a kiss.

They got achingly close when the door opened and Dawn came bouncing in. Spike drew back and smirked. Buffy's eyes narrowed at him, knowing full well he would have heard Dawn outside and new full well they were going to get interrupted at the last second. The big tease. She straightened with a chuckle and turned to Dawn.

"You scared the hell out of me, Dawn. I was about to call the national guard or something." She put her hands on her hip.

"I went out to get us lunch. Chill." Dawn laughed and set the food on the table. "I had them make a steak really raw for Spike and got you a turkey sandwich. I ate there."

"Good, cause I need you to run over tot he shopping center to get Spike some clean clothes." She handed Dawn her wallet and the keys before going to sit at the table. "Just a pair of jeans and a couple shirts."

"Lemme guess, black..." the teen chuckled and head out the door.

Buffy glanced up as Spike sat down next to her. She slid his box towards him and started munching on her sandwich. He looked down at his steak, but didn't start eating it immediately. He glanced up at her.

"While she's gone, might be good you had your talk with me I know you want t' have... the one where you tell me how its gonna be from now on so I know an' don' step out of line or anythin'. So this'll work." He cocked his head, studying her.

"Well, as far as I see it... long as you listen to me and remember I am the dictator of the house... no corrupting my sister... and remember we are trying to pretend to be different people and lay low. We'll fill you in on our new personas' pasts... and everything you need to know, just remember it all. Try not to embarrass us in front of the people there..." She sighed and looked down. "Not sure I can cover everything in a little speech."

"Right then, I am your bitch an' I do everythin' you tell me t', how you tell me t'." He smirked and ate a big chunk of the steak finally. "Do I still get privileges?"

"Privileges?" She blinked and then blushed. "You mean... sharing a bed or something? I... uh... I dunno... take it a day at a time? I didn't give it much thought... didn't know you would be part of the new life and..." She swallowed, pausing when a pale hand took hers. She looked up at him slowly.

"A day at a time is fine with me... better than what I expected even..." He gave her one of his rare genuine smiles before pushing away the empty box. "New identities you say, though? Think I should go by a different name an' change my look, too?"

"Dunno... this look sorta works for me," she blushed deeper and took their empty boxes to the trash. She turned around and he was right there. She swallowed. "But that's your choice, I suppose..."

"Can call me Will... an' might try lettin' my hair go without a bleachin' for a bit an' see how it looks. You hate it an' I'll go back t' this."

She nodded and stuck out her hand with a silly smile. "I'm Helen Davis... I got a kid sister, Sarah, and I work at Brooke's Grill and Bar. My mom died a year ago of cancer and I've been raising my sister on my own ever since."

He took her hand, but squeezed it. "Helen... sounds pretty."

She smiled and turned away to go sit on the end of the bed. "Better get the whole feeding thing done with before Dawn gets back." She looked up at him and watched him come over to sit beside her. She tilted her head for him and shivered as his cool hand brushed her hair back off her shoulder. She swallowed and finally said quietly, "I'm sorry I tried to ditch you, too."


tbc...
Chapter Two by Blood Faerie


~Chapter Two~

Over a month later, they were settling in nicely to the sleepy little town of Dahlonega. The rental was only a two bedroom, but it had a basement that they fixed up all nice for Spike. Almost like his crypt back in Sunnydale. He didn't go out much, so it wasn't hard to integrate him into their new life. When someone asked and he was with them, Buffy introduced him as her friend or even her boyfriend, Will.

During the day, Buffy was off working at Brookes Bar and Grille while Dawn went off to school, leaving Spike to sleep all day and watch TV as he pleased. Sometimes, if the mood struck him, he would go upstairs and do some housework. He even made cookies a couple times. Buffy was still adjusting to her new Happy Housewife Spike... Dawn would come to the restaurant after school and sit in a small booth doing homework then having dinner with Buffy when 'Helen' got off work. After that, they would simply head home and Dawn would go to bed while Buffy stayed up for awhile keeping Spike company.

James Brookes, the owner of the restaurant and former watcher, was doing his best to help her in her new life there as Helen Davis as a personal favour to his old friend, Rupert. He became almost like her new watcher, growing fond of her and her sister almost immediately. He was, of course, uneasy around Spike, which Buffy understood by now as normal for everyone. She just tried to keep the James/Spike contact to a minimum.

Every week, James flew to Texas on business and so Buffy would give him a letter that she wrote to the Scoobies to put in the mail from there. Word to let them know Dawn and she were okay. After the second trip, he told her he had word from his friends that a strange group from California had arrived briefly and had been poking around the town. It made her thankful that she had thought enough ahead to not just put it in the mail there in Dahlonega.

Their actions were typical. Their usual selfishness of wanting her around to take care of them, no matter what she needed. She had told them she would keep in contact and might come back sometime down the road when things had settled down. But, did they want to give her time to herself?

"No..." she grumbled to herself and rolled her eyes as she took off her apron. She tossed it aside and grabbed the usual burger plates for her and Dawn, heading out to their usual booth. She stopped, though, when she saw Spike sitting there. "Hey... what's up?"

"Jus' wanted t' have some nosh with my girls," he smiled up at her and took the plates from her hands.

"Okay... well, you can share my burger with me... its pretty big and I usually don't eat it all anyways. What do you want to drink?" She thumbed over her shoulder towards the kitchen. She didn't even bother motioning towards the bar since one of her rules was no drinking or smoking around Dawn.

He lifted a shoulder. "Cherry coke should do me."

She nodded and went to get his drink, then came back and slid it in front of him. Dawn wasn't there and she glanced around, thinking her sister had slipped off the restrooms.

"She said she was tired an' headed back home," Spike supplied as he started munching on Dawn's burger.

"What? By herself?" Her brows went up.

He reached out and touched her arm. "The Bit'll be fine. No worries. Can handle herself."

She frowned at him slightly for a moment before sighing and relaxing. Dawn was already long gone anyways. Might as well not blow up at Spike for her sister's usual recklessness, even if she thought he should have stopped Dawn. Stupid bleached... semi-bleached punk always let her get away with everything... she rolled her eyes.

"You always get that look on your face around me," Spike wipe his mouth with the back of his hand and pouted slightly.

"What look?" Her brows went up.

"The look you jus' got while you were thinkin' 'bout whatever you were thinkin' 'bout..." he waved a hand and took a drink. "Can' describe it really... but if you'll get me a camera, I'll take a picture of it next time."

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna give you a camera so you can sneak around taking pictures of me while I'm sleeping and doing who knows what else so that you can use them to do things I don't even want to think about. I still remember your Wall O' Buffy...." She made a face and took a small bite of her burger, continuing her lecture around the food in her mouth. "Though... a camera would mean you would take a couple flashes and leave... instead of that sketching thing, which meant you musta been sitting in my room for like hours watching me sleep." She shook a fry at him. "Gawd you're a freak."

He raised a brow, watching her passively throughout her ramblings. Then at her declaration at the end he frowned for a moment before cracking a smile and laughing. "I s'pose I am... always been a bit odd... even by vampire standards..."

She rolled her eyes at him with a small smile. "Figures that would be a compliment to you..."

*****


That Friday, Buffy went straight home after work because Dawn had left for a weekend trip with her new friend's family. She was so glad her sister had been able to make new friends here, something she had worried about when uprooting her sister even if it was for her sister's safety. Kelly Carson was better than some of the friends Buffy had met back in Sunnydale, as well. She probably wouldn't have let Dawn spend the weekend with her Sunnydale friends...

She walked into the house and tossed her purse and jacket onto the table as she passed. She glanced around the empty house and called out, "Spike?"

"Down here, pet," his voice floated up from the basement and she walked over to the open door. "C'mon down an' keep a guy company. Ordered pizza an' wings. Got some beer, too."

She rolled her eyes as she entered the basement. "Should've known you'd take the opportunity to drink the moment Dawn left the house." Looking down at his upturned face, she couldn't get mad and lecture him. He had been doing very well, better than she could have ever expected since they got there. So she curled up on the sofa beside him and reached for a beer. "So what's on tonight?"

A slow smile spread across his face when he realized she wasn't going to lecture him about the beer and was even going to join him. "Uh..." He fumbled for the bag beside him from the video store. "I got a load of scary movies with loads of blood... will understand if you don' wanna watch them. Can watch them later."

"No, that's fine with me. Hey, I've seen my share of the gory and bloody..." she rolled her eyes and took a long drink of the beer, wincing slightly at the taste. She glanced over and caught him smirking at the wince. She grabbed one of the videos and hit him with it lightly. "Oh shuddup..." She got up to go put the movie in.

By the end of the movie, they had polished off all the beer and were laughing at the overly dramatized deaths. Buffy turned off the movie, laying her head in Spike's lap and looking up at him. She closed her eyes and started to snuggle in, dozing slightly. He smiled at her and scooped her up gently, carrying her upstairs to her bedroom. He crawled into bed beside her and wrapped his arms around her to hold her as she dozed, pressing a light kiss to her forehead and falling asleep himself.

Later that night, Buffy opened her eyes slowly and looked up at Spike, surprised at the position she found herself in. Snuggled against the snarky vampire in her bed, sleeping peacefully together. It was almost... intimate... She started to sit up and he grumbled, tugging her close again.

"Spike..." she said quietly to rouse him.

"Don' want t' let go of you jus' yet... this is too nice..." he opened his eyes slowly and looked down at her. He dipped his head and kissed her slowly, loving the way she tasted.

"Spike..." she breathed.

"Buffy, please don' tell me t' stop... it'll kill me..."

"Spike..."

"I've been real good since we've got here! Been followin' your soddin' rules an' even doin' nice for you girls here, takin' care of you both."

"Spike..." He started to interrupt her again and she finally put a hand over his mouth. "Will you stop interrupting me? Sheesh..." she chuckled. "I was gonna agree with you! And before that, I wasn't arguing with you the other two times..." She rolled her eyes.

He smiled widely, overjoyed as he rolled her onto her back and rose over her. He resumed his exploration of her mouth, becoming more insistent as his hands moved over her. He urgently tugged at her clothing and wiggled out of his own, wanting to take advantage of this before she changed her mind. Who knows how long he would remain in her favour this time.

He nudged her legs apart with his knee and lowered himself between them. He kissed her neck while taking hold of her hips and lifting them so that he could enter her slowly. She let out a low moan and wrapped her legs around his waist, tilting her head to give him better access to her neck.

"Mmm slayer... feel so good..." His hands traveled over her hips and up her sides to cup her breasts, kneading them in his hands. "So hot..." he breathed his cool breath against her skin as he nibbled at her shoulder, "an' tight..."

She pressed herself more firmly into his touch and moaned. Her hands moved over his back and one went up to play in the curls at the nape of his neck, then caught at them to force his face back up so that she could kiss him hungrily. Her hips moved against his, urging his thrusts to pick up pace.

"Pet... as much as I'm lovin' your enthusiasm... don' want t' hurt you," he returned to kissing her neck and shoulder. "Vampire here an' all that... wanna be gentle with you."

She rolled her eyes, making an irritated sound and rolling them both over so that she was on top. "One, you talk to much, two, I'm a freakin' slayer here and not just some human, and three, you should know by now that I hate it when people treat me like I'm some fragile little girl." She started moving her hips slowly with a small smile.

He closed his eyes and tilted his head back, groaning, "Buffy..."

His eyes opened and flashed gold briefly as he quickly sat up, startling her for a moment. "You wan' the big bad t' stop bein' gentle with the wee lil slayer girl?" He smirked and grasped her hips, holding her firmly against him. At her nod, he started to thrust up into her hard and plundered her mouth with his own. "Gawd woman... the things you do t' me..."

"You even talk in your sleep, I bet..." she chuckled and rolled her eyes again.

"Prob'ly do." His tongue curled behind his teeth as he watched her move against him, small breasts bouncing at the force of his thrusts. "An' maybe you'll get more chances t' find out from now on..."

He bent his head to capture one of the bouncing peaks in his mouth, eliciting a gasp from her. Her mind was too foggy with pleasure at that moment to register the full meaning of what he had just said. She was more intent on her fingers tracing the muscles of his chest and moving up to his own hardened nubs. Tracing them lightly in teasing circles.

He moaned as he kissed and nibbled back up to her throat, then kiss her mouth hard. "Buffy, luv... let me taste you... wan' t' taste you so badly..."

She looked into his eyes, fighting the fogginess in her brain. "Huh? Isn't that what you just did?"

"I wan' t' bite you, ya silly bird." He chuckled and kissed her slowly. "Sure you taste so sweet an' delicious..." He purred and nuzzled at her neck, nipping lightly as one hand left her hip to dip down to where they were joined to massage her clit. "C'mon, know you'll love the feel of my fangs... much better than that big poofter..."

"Mentioning him is not a turn on..." she grumbled and arched her back slightly, worrying her bottom lip. "And... and bite me?" She tried to get her brain to focus for a moment. At her hesitation, he stroked her clit more insistently so that she was moaning louder as pleasure started to build towards her climax. "Fine!" She gasped, "Just do it... I'm about to explode..."

Her smirked before biting into her throat, drinking deeply as she cried out in pain and pleasure. She came and her nicely trained slayer muscles clenched, causing him to stop drinking as he cried out as well and spilling deep inside her. Both clutched each other, panting even though only one needed the air that they were sucking in greedily.

"Are you okay, pet?" He asked gently, wary of her going off on him for showing concern again.

She smiled and brushed a light kiss across his lips, flooding him with relief. "Yes, told I wouldn't break."

"So you did," he chuckled and moved her off his lap to lay her down gently before laying down beside her. He curled a possessive arm about her and tugged her close. "I jus' hope that you'll let me share your bed again now an' then at least. An' not jus' for sex, jus' bein' beside you an' I sleep a hundred times better. More peaceful." He nuzzled her shoulder with a purr. "You smell so good an' feel so bloody amazin'."

"You better stop that or my heads gonna get too big to get out the door. I'll be stuck in here and who'll make us money then?" She grinned impishly at him.

"I sorta like that idea an' I'd think of somethin' t' provide for my girls."

"Silly man..." she chuckled and brushed a thumb across his sharp cheekbone. "An' I suppose we could come up with a new sleeping arrangement... just need to be careful with Dawn in the house..." She nodded.

"Apparently you haven' seen the note on the counter yet," a laugh rumbled low in his chest and grew at her confused look. He got up and went to go get it, handing it to her before slipping back into bed beside her. He curled against her again as she read the note from her sister.

Hey, left the numbers to reach us like you asked. Oh, and if you and Spike don't take advantage of having the house to yourself for the weekend then I'll beat your heads together... then probably leave again so you two will finally get smart and get it on. The way you two moon over each other, it's so gross! Figure once you just boink each other and get it over with then everyone will be happier! To hell with what the others would say, its none of their damn business!!!

Much kisses and hugs, Dawn ♥♥♥♥


Her eyes got wide in shock that her kid sister would even say that to her, no matter that she had been near Dawn's age when her and Angel... okay, so not going there or she would just end up wanting to chain Dawn in the basement. But still... her kid sister cheering on her Spike boinkage... that was just so wrong!

Then her eyes lifted to Spike's smirking face suspicious, feeling a slight pang of hurt that as other sorts of bad thoughts popped up. He had read this before they had their little love fest? Is this the reason he had... just to make Dawn happy or something? Her brows drew together as she felt ready to flee to the bathroom.

He tore the note from her hand, easily reading her changing expressions as usual. "Pet... know that's not why I..." he paused as he didn't think it was right to call what he just did with her something as crude as shagging, but not sure if she would run again at another admission of his feelings for her. He sighed and figured to bite the bullet, "made love t' you... though did get a good laugh at the note at the time, but the only thought when I read it besides how adorable she was is that I agreed this would be a good time t' get close t' you... but as far as taking advantage of some shag time..." He shook his head quickly, hoping her wasn't sounding like a total fool, his inner William coming out, "I was goin' t' leave that t' you t' decide when you were ready... but with the alcohol an'-"

He was cut off when she tugged him close and kissed him, tongue probing deeply and savouring his taste for a moment. She released him after a few moments and offered him a small smile while he regained brain function.

"Okay... okay... you're startin' to babble about as bad as me and Willow..." she chuckled. "And I believe you, I do. I think I'm actually starting to trust you, oddly enough. As you said earlier, you've been really good for awhile now... more than can be attributed to the chip. Been good to my mom, then Dawn, and when I stopped being a stuck up bitch then me. The chip only made it so you couldn't attack humans, didn't force you to be nice to them." She smiled and kissed him slowly again.

"Means alot t' me that you would say that, luv." He settled against her, relaxed now that all seemed to be well for the moment and still aglow from their lovemaking. "Now get some rest. Gonna need that energy if we're gonna have a few more encores this weekend. Or, if not, then you'll need it for fendin' off a randy vampire chasin' you around in the nude." He laughed.

She laughed as well, picturing that and sure he would do just that if she tried to flee the bedroom.

*****


"I'm really starting to get worried," Willow said quietly as she lay with her head in Tara's lap. Both were curled up on the couch of their new apartment. "I mean, what if she doesn't come back? It's been over a month and I thought this was just going to be something so she could blow off some steam for a bit. What if something happens and she's not here to go all Commando Barbie on it?"

"You'll go Big Bad Witch on it?" Tara offered a small smile of comfort to go with her attempt to lighten her lover's mood. "It'll be okay. I'm sure she'll hear if some apocolypse starts to go down again and come rushing back. And, Angel told us that if we did have any problems to call him. So at least we have that?"

"I guess... but she's obviously too far away for me to get a lock on her with my hokey locator spells. I need to do a bigger, stronger one and I'll be able to find her, I'm sure."

"No... just let her have her space. She'll resent you if you force her to come back... and she probably isn't totally over the whole ripping her from heaven thing." She bit her lower lip, not wanting to sound like she was coming down on Willow. "And I'm just a little bit uneasy with you doing powerful magic. I mean, glad you've been real good about not using it so much since the whole memory incident... but I don't think it's necessary to tempt yourself when I don't think its necessary. Nothing's trying to destroy the world at the moment and she needs her space right now, apparently."

"Okay... but if it looks like we've got trouble, I'm so breaking out the big guns to find her and all that," Willow nodded and then her brows furrowed in though. "I just realized... haven't seen any of Spike lately, either."

"Well, he only really hung around because of Buffy... so now that he's gone its not like he's going to hang out with any of us. Not really on the best of terms or anything." The blonde witch wrinkled her nose in thought as she tried to think of the last time she even saw the bleached vampire.

"Yeah, but we would've at least stumbled into him or something, like on our mini-patrols to cover for the missing slayerage. I mean, walking right through his neighborhood in a manner of speaking, should've spotted him at least once in all this time... unless he was avoiding us... and he's so cocky he wouldn't even if he was up to something."

"Yeah... I guess..."

Both frowned as the seeds of worry were implanted over a possible third missing citizen of Sunnydale.


tbc...
Chapter Three by Blood Faerie


~Chapter Three~

Willow and Tara started to worry more and more. They checked out Spike's crypt and he hadn't obviously been there in a long time, not that it had looked so good to begin with. His stuff wasn't gone, though. The two witches, against their better judgment, shared their concerns with Xander and Anya. As they had feared, Xander went a bit off the deep end. Finally, Willow had to do a small spell to calm him down.

"As much as I hate to say this... he's going to be even worse with worry now that he knows that Spike's gone too..." Anya said. "Not that it matters to me much... except with him like that, I'm not going to get many orgasms if any..."

Willow chuckled and rolled her eyes, helping the other two get Xander to bed. "So what do we do?"

"Has anyone called Giles and told him that she's missing?" Anya asked, trying to helpful.

"Yeah, awhile ago, but he told us he didn't know anything. He sounded busy and sort of rushed us off the phone. Was very odd. You would've thought he would be more concerned about her going missing," Willow shook her head as she tucked in Xander. "But we haven't called him since we noticed Spike was missing as well. Maybe now he'd get concerned since he distrusts Spike almost as much as Xander."

Tara nodded slowly. "Do you think we should call Angel again, too? He knows Spike the best... or has seen him?"

"After we call Giles." She checked her watch and calculated the time difference to make sure it wasn't a bad time then went to get the phone. She got Giles and after the customary greetings she dove right in. "Giles, Buffy still hasn't shown back up here in Sunnydale and we're really worried. There's also something new."

"Willow..." He said tiredly and she could tell the pause was for him to clean his glasses. "She obviously has some things she needs to work out, especially after dealing with her own death and other things. People do this all the time and just because she is the slayer doesn't mean she isn't subject to the same trends of people under such stress. She will come back when she is ready to come back."

"But Giles," she almost whined in frustration. This was the same thing he had said before. "There is something else! Spike, he's gone. It could be connected! She could be in danger and Dawn, too!"

"The chip prevents him from harming them. At best, he may have noticed she had gone and decided there was no reason for him to linger since it seemed he only stuck around for her. He may be looking for her, but then if you guys can't find her then he probably can't either."

"Giles..." Her mouth was gaping.

"Willow. Call me if anything seriously bad is happening and I will make sure to do what I can to help, because Buffy isn't doing this to leave you as easy prey for the bad guys. She just needs some time for herself." He sighed and then after a moment muttered, "I have to go. Call me if there is a serious emergency."

Willow looked at the phone as if it had sprouted horns and a tail... which isn't really a stretch on the Hellmouth. She looked at the other two, just stricken that she had gotten the brush off again. Giles didn't seem worried at all!

Tara walked over and put a hand on her shoulder. "Maybe he's right."

The redhead glared at her.

She held up her hands. "Fine. But lets rest tonight and we'll try calling Angel later. Do a little bit more reconnaissance to see if anyone has seen Spike in town maybe."

Willow relaxed a bit and nodded finally. She looked over at Anya and nodded towards the bedroom, "Keep an eye on him in case he tries to do something stupid when he wakes up. Tell him we're going to call Angel next and just to sit tight. If you want, I'll make up something for you to keep him calm."

Anya nodded and walked them to the door, seeing them out before heading back to the bedroom to look over Xander. She sighed to herself. She sort of agreed with Giles, but she wanted to help the others as they were the closest thing she had to buddies anymore besides Hallie. She and Hallie had even grown apart a bit since she became human. She would also do what she could to keep Xander happy. Happy man meant many good orgasms.

*****


Buffy stretched and started to get up, but Spike's arm pulled her back down and tugged her close. She chuckled and rolled over to give him a soft kiss. His eyes opened slowly, hazy with sleep and roamed over her. He purred and held her tighter. She curled her hand around the back of his neck and kissed him again, deeper this time with her tongue flicking over his lips playfully.

"I need to get up and get Dawn breakfast before she heads off to school," she told him and tried to pry herself away from him. "I can't be all lazy with you all morning like the last few days."

He kept his arms tight around her and pouted slightly "Mine."

She laughed. "Spike... let me up..."

"She can make her own breakfast. Prob'ly be better if she did since your idea of makin' breakfast is puttin' out cereal an' milk. She can do that herself." He tilted his head to taste her neck lazily.

She closed her eyes briefly and then pushed at his chest again. "C'mon... Spike..."

"No. I refuse."

Her brows went up. "Spoiled much. I gotta get up sometime anyways."

"Later."

She grumbled and finally gave in, letting her arms go slack so that he could pull her flush against him again. "But that only gives you a few hours reprieve before I've got to get ready for work."

"Plenty of time t' have plenty of fun, pet," he purred into her neck before stroking his tongue over her pulse.

"Oh really... then I suppose I have enough time to get a shower before we start up again," she arched a brow at him then rolled over to crawl towards the other side of the bed.

He growled and caught her ankle, tugging her back. "I don' think so, Slayer." He pinned her beneath him, rubbing his erection against her ass. "Not lettin' you out of bed for a good long time. Goin' t' shag you eight ways t' Sunday 'til you're goin' t' need me t' carry you t' that shower." He growled into her ear before nipping at her neck.

"Spike..." she moaned breathily and tilted her head to give him better access to her neck.

He smirked and bit at her shoulder, pinning her down submissively before burying his shaft deep in her tight sheath. His fingers dug into her hips with bruising force as he began to rock against her slowly at first as she adjusted to him. He lengthened his strokes but kept them slow and smooth.

She gave a low moan and closed her eyes. "Spike please..."

He lifted his head briefly to kiss her neck and ask her in a husky whisper, "What do you want, Slayer?"

"World peace?" She said and looked at him. "You know what I want and how I want it by now, Spike..." She lifted a hand to curl around his neck as she kissed him, squeezing his dick with her inner muscles and causing him to growl softly into her kiss.

"I think I've got an idea, pet," he chuckled and bit at her shoulder again as his strokes picked up pace. His tongue stroked the flesh caught between his teeth while one hand finally left her hip to slide up her abdomen to her breast. He kneaded it with his hand and stroked her nipple to hardness with his thumb, eliciting deep moans of pleasure from her. He purred against her shoulder, "Like that, don' ya?"

He began to thrust hard and fast against her, growls rumbling through his chest and vibrating against her back. She pressed herself into his hand as he continued to tweak her hardened nub. His other hand slid around her hip to delve under her to where they were joined so he could stroke her clit, pinching and pulling. She arched her back and started crying out as her orgasm started to build. He was fighting his own release and just at the right moment, he vamped and sank his fangs deep in her neck. Her body went rigid and she gave an ear piercing scream as she came hard, his seed filling her in the same moment.

He collapsed on top of her and fought for unneeded breath, "Bloody amazin'... you're just... bloody amazin'..."

Her inner muscles rippled in an after shock as his cool breath feathered along her skin. "Mmm... a girl could get used to this..."

"You better, I don' plan on goin' anywhere," He rolled off of her finally and turned her to face him, pulling her close. His thumb feathered across her jaw and his lips followed soon after.

"I don't even know how long this... life or whatever you would call it here in Georgia is going to last." She sighed and watched her fingers as they traced the muscles of his abdomen.

"You say that as if it would matter if we went back t' Sunnyhell or anywhere else," his voice hardened at the implications of what she had just said.

"Well... if we went back to Sunnydale... you know how they treat you and they wouldn't understand... we'd have to go back to being cloak and dagger about anything," she chewed on her bottom lip. "But I don't even know how long it'll be before we even go back there. How long before it would be safe for Dawn or anything." Her eyes continued to watch her hand.

He grabbed for her hand and squeezed it to capture her attention with a hard look. "Buffy, have bloody you forgotten why you left in the first place?! Part of the reason you were in danger of losin' Dawn an' all that was because of the selfishness of your so-called friends. The way they never gave a thought t' you, usin' you because you were the slayer t' do all the dirty work an' even make their borin' lives seem cooler. What would be the point of all this," he swept a hand around them, "if you went back t' start it up again like nothin's changed?"

"I..." Her eyes were wide, silver pools, staring up at him as her brain tried to process a response after his outburst. "Spike, I didn't mean... I just..." She shook her head slightly, trying to clear it to think straight. "It would just be more complicated once we got back. You know that."

"Then let me simple it up, slayer." He continued to pin her with narrow eyes full of blue flame. "If they're really your friends, then they'll learn t' get over it once you tell them that me an' you are together. That you're my mate an' it ain' changin' anytime soon."

"Mate?" She nearly choked in surprise. She had maybe started to think that he was her new boyfriend or whatever. But mate... well that implied a whole new level of stuff that she couldn't even comprehend at the moment.

"Yeah, mate." He ground out and dropped her hand as he sat up. "Or were you intendin' t' use my as a boytoy an' once you got your jollies you moved on t' somethin' else?" He was glaring at her, covering the brief flash of hurt.

"Spike... I just-" She started to defend herself as she sat up, reaching out to stop him as he climbed out of bed.

He cut her off with a glare over his shoulder. "Save your breath. I've heard it all before from you. I though it'd be different here, Buffy, but I was wrong." He started out the door and paused when she called out in alarm.

"Spike!"

He looked back slowly. "I ain' leavin'. Vowed t' look after you an' the bit, an' no matter what you think of me I do honor my word." He headed out, calling back to her. "You gotta get ready for work, slayer."

Buffy put her hands to her face and gave a frustrated cry. Why did he have to do that? It was always all or nothing with him... and she had to feel undying love for him right this second or he wasn't going to bother with her? She growled and pounded her fists on the bed in frustration before flopping onto her back. It was only recently she realized she didn't completely hate him and over night she was supposed to be all with the forevermore bullshit?! She resisted the urge to flail her limbs and have a hissy fit, instead taking a few deep breaths to calm herself. She got up slowly after a few minutes and headed for the bathroom to get a shower before work.

*****


Angel paced, growling after he received a call from Willow informing him of the latest update on the disappearance of Buffy. Spike just happened to be missing at the moment as well. He agreed with the Scoobies; this was not just a coincidence whatsoever. He knew his Grand Childe much better than even they thought they did. William either had something to do with her disappearance or in the very least knew where she was.

He went over what they had told them in his head. Giles wasn't acting too concerned. His bet was that Giles knew where Buffy was as well, probably had helped with her little disappearance. He expected nothing less from the guy who had assumed the role of the slayer's surrogate father. There had to be a way to track down Buffy's whereabouts. He immediately had thought England once he came to the conclusion that Giles had helped her, but looking into that lead had proved fruitless. She wasn't in England with Giles. As far as he could tell, she was still in the United States.

He sat down in the chair behind the desk and clasped his hands, resting his chin on them as he brooded over all this. He had some options. A sweep starting from the west coast and going towards the east coast. He could start picking areas at random to investigate for signs of Buffy until he found her. He could-

"Hey, should I even bother asking what this most recent broodfest is about?" Cordelia leaned in the doorway and arched a brow at him.

"Cordelia, I'm not in the mood." He looked up at her with a frown.

"Oh, you're in A mood..." she rolled her eyes. "Like usual... especially when she's involved."

"Cordelia..." He growled in warning.

She sighed and backed off, turning to leave the room. She muttered something under her breath about need a big stick removed from someone's ass. He would have went after her for that remark, but a brilliant idea struck him. At least something good had come out of Cordelia's nosiness. He smirked slowly and leaned back in his chair as the plan for getting Buffy back formed.

Giles had told the Scoobies that if there was a dire emergency to call him. That was one of the reasons Angel knew that Giles had to know the whereabouts of Buffy, knowing that if there was something catastrophic that started to go down in Sunnydale that Giles would alert Buffy so she could come riding to the rescue. Most likely with Spike in tow.

So, to get Buffy back, at this moment the quickest way seemed for Giles to have a reason to send word to Buffy that she was needed back in Sunnydale. He was surprised the Scoobies hadn't thought of this already, but then they probably had yet to figure out that Giles was part of the whole plan and probably was still in contact with the slayer. And, even if they did, they would probably just keep whining to him over the phone until he changed his number. It wouldn't even occur to them to do what Angel was thinking of doing.

He sniggered as he thought of a really good excuse. Cordelia's little cameo into his thoughts had given him the perfect idea and excuse for calling Giles. Her visions. He would simply have to call the Scoobies, all alarmed over Cordelia's latest vision which would involve something big and horrible for the town of Sunnydale and the Scoobies. Impress on them how this was just too much for him to handle, especially with all the things he had on his plate over here in Los Angeles. They would of course... eventually... realize that this meant they needed to call Giles and inform him of the dire circumstances they found themselves in. And voila, Buffy comes riding in to the rescue.

He would just have to deal with the fact that this might mean the return of his wayward William when the time came. For all he knew, Spike hadn't been able to find Buffy and had really just left town after noticing she was gone to go track her down himself. Or, after she left had simply decided there was no reason for him to stay in Sunnydale. Angel wouldn't put his money on either of those possibilities, though, still certain that he knew his William much better than that.

Now, what vision did he want to come up with that would be so so bad. It would definitely have to involve the Scoobies, as that would definitely have the slayer running to the rescue. He had to make this good, too. But, not too big or it would have a backlash. Or being too big would give it away as the fraud it was since there was usually signs of apocalyptic sized events. No, he just needed enough to put some fear into the Scoobies for their safety and fear into Buffy that she needed to be there to save them.

He nodded as he picked up the phone, quickly dialing Willow's number.

"Angel? Didn't expect to hear from you again so quickly." Willow blinked slightly and looked over at Tara with raised brows.

"Yeah, well, didn't think I would be talking to you again so soon either. But coincidently, as soon as I got off the phone and started talking to the others about what you told me, Cordelia got one of her visions. I told you about those, right?" He paused.

"I.. think so." The redhead tilted her head in thought.

"Well, she's been getting them more and more. They usually are warning us about bad demons doing bad things, but this one seemed to be very timely. It involves you and the others over there in Sunnydale. I mean, we figured this had to be coming with Buffy gone. Just like when she died and things went wild as you told me. They were eventually going to find out that she was gone again. Cordelia's vision confirms it. Demons, bad demons, are going to start causing trouble and she saw... well bad things happening to you guys." He put the right amount of concern and wariness into his voice.

"Oh my... you're right... we were so worried that was going to happen again. This time we don't even have the Buffybot to decoy them from figuring it out for awhile longer." She chewed on her bottom lip. "What're we going to do... is there... I mean, do you have any ideas..."

"I can't come. My plate is full here. Los Angeles may not be a Hellmouth, but it sure gets a lot of action." He paused for a little bit, to give the illusion of him thinking deeply on this matter. "Maybe you could try calling Giles again? He might know what to do... perhaps the council might even be willing to help?"

"Yes, we should. And this time he definitely has to get concerned. I mean, he did tell us that if there was something to go down that we should call him." Willow brightened some at the prospect of them finally getting through to Giles about how desperate their situation was in Sunnydale without Buffy there. "I'll call him... immediately... no matter what the time difference is. He has to know right away about this vision of Cordelia's. He might ask what type of demons they were, though. Was she able to tell?"

"No... she only got brief flashes," he supplied quickly. "Call me back and tell me what Giles says about this."

He hung up and leaned back with a self-satisfied smile. So far, this was going perfectly. Giles would call Buffy to come riding in to Sunnydale and she would do some intense patrolling to let vampires and demons know she was back in town and there wasn't going to be anymore shenanigans. They would keep an eye out for awhile and when nothing happened, would rest assured that they had warded off the incidents in Cordelia's vision and were safe again.

Then, he could worry about what to do about Spike if he tagged along. As well as how to make sure that Buffy didn't just run off again as soon as her "turf" was secured for the time being. He had some time to make those plans, though.



tbc...
Chapter Four by Blood Faerie


~Chapter Four~

A few nights later, Buffy followed Dawn into the house after they returned from the restaurant. She tossed her jacket and purse into the armchair as she passed with a sigh. No sign of Spike. She was getting tired of him avoiding her ever since the other day when he had totally misread her confusion and surprise. He had immediately went into defensive mode and made a run for it. She understood. She totally did after the way she had treated him in the past. But, really, he had been a bit premature and she had been waiting for him to cool down so she could explain.

It didn't look like he would be emerging from his rabbit hole any time soon, judging from the fact that he obviously hadn't been coming out of the basement even when he knew she was at work. He had stopped doing the little bits of housework he normally did for them. She was actually going to have to learn how to be more domestic if this kept up.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She really did need to talk to him and set this straight, though. Not just so she could come home to a clean house and warm cookies again. So she went to go get a shower to get the restaurant smell off her, changing into shorts and a camisole before heading down to the basement.

Her head poked out of the stairwell tentatively. "Spike?"

His head jerked up from the pad he was scribbling on and blinked at her for a moment. He had been so engrossed that he hadn't noticed her approach. He set the pad behind him on the bed and started to stand, spreading his hands wide. "Come on down, slayer. Your house."

"Don't be like that, Spike. Please." She sighed. "We need to talk and you know it. I can't take anymore of this avoid-y crap." She came down out of the stairwell and walked towards him. "I somehow doubt after fighting this long to get me to give in to your advances that you would suddenly give up and hightail it." She arched a brow, "And over nothing."

His jaw clenched. "It wasn' nothin'. You-"

She cut him off. "No. You jumped to conclusions. You cut me off much like I just did to you and didn't even wait for me to get over my surprise and confusion. Yeah, I hadn't given much thought to those things. So sue me. It might not have happened fast for you since you've been hard up for this for years, but for me it was only recently I was willing to let myself admit I might have more than just a soft spot for you." She sighed and shook her head. "Friday night was like... well it was really nice... but was sort of busy with a big over amorous vampire since then and so thinking wasn't something I was able to do much." She chuckled.

"Well, I s'pose you've had plenty of time t' think on it now." He crossed his arms in a purely defensive gesture.

"Spike... I understand why you would think the worst of me... considering the way I've acted in the past, but please... I've been trying to change since we've gotten here even. Back in the hotel room after I found you in the trunk, it started even back then." She hung her head and her shoulders slumped when his face didn't soften. "Well, I guess I said my peace... I'll just go back upstairs and leave you be now."

She turned to go and he hurried past her to stand in her way. "No, please, don' go... Been a right bastard, I have." He couldn't take that hopeless look in her eyes and reached out to pull her to him. "An' yes, you have been trying, an' I see that. Glad you have." His lips brushed the top of her head as his hands rubbed her back comfortingly.

She took a deep breath and inhaled his scent, pure him. A little bolt of electricity went through her body. Her brain took over, though, reminding her they had some unresolved issues before they started up again with the hanky spanky.

"Spike," she lifted her head and put a bit of space between them so she could think more clearly. "Don't get used to me saying this... but for the most part, you're right. Me letting my friends run all over me is partly what led me to this problem in the first place. But, that was barely even a part of what I was... still am a bit... confused about." She pouted. "Like I said before, I'm not sure how long this little life we have here if going to last and what's going to happen after that. If we go back to Sunnydale or move on to another town... And what that would mean for us..."

He cupped her face in his hands. "I'm not goin' anywhere, pet. Wherever you are, I'll be right there by your side, lovin' you with all my unbeatin' heart." He kissed the tip of her upturned nose. "Goin' t' do everthin' I can t' take care of my girls, you an' the bit. I jus' want you t' trust me an' everythin' will work out."

"I do trust you," she said softly and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And I hope, eventually, I'll earn your trust too. I don't deserve it, but I want to try to earn it."

He melted at her earnest look and the feel of her pressed so deliciously close to him. He bent his head to kiss and nibble at her neck. "I know you will, luv. An'... thank you... it means alot t' me that you do."

She smiled. "We'll work things out as we come to them then. I'm sure. You're right, as long as I trust in you, then everything should turn out all right."

"Mmm, glad you see it my way. Love hearin' you tell me how right I am, luv." He purred against her neck and started to press himself more firmly into her. "Make up shag?" He wagged his brows at her.

She rolled her eyes with a laugh. "Anything is an excuse for a shag with you."

"Damn straight." He started moving with her towards his bed as he captured her mouth with his, tongue sweeping insider her mouth to taste every inch within reach. "Anythin' for an excuse t' touch my lovely slayer. Can' get enough of her, ya know."

He laid her back and bent over her, kissing her neck as his fingers worked to unbutton her blouse and she desperately tugged at his shirt. He lifted his head so she could remove his shirt and to purr appreciatively as her breasts were bared to his gaze, dipping his head again to capture one in his mouth. He suckled it into his mouth while his hand kneaded the other breast, pinching and twisting at her nipple. She gasped and writhed beneath him, tangling her fingers in his hair and tugging at the springy curls.

"So delicious," he murmured against her skin as he started to undo her pants while kicking off his own. He nearly tore her jeans off in his haste to get to her. He had only gone a few days without her while he had avoided her, but it had seemed an eternity. "An' I have yet t' get t' my favourite treat." He smirked up at her as he hooked his fingers in her lacy little thong to draw it down her legs then toss it over his shoulder.

"You know, I am so buying a gag for you. You talk constantly!" She laughed and kicked her legs as he went to tackle her.

"If you gag me, how will I do all the things with my mouth that you love?" He demonstrated by kissing, nipping, licking, nibbling, and biting along her neck and shoulder.

She arched up into him. "I'm sure you'll come up with new and exciting things." She chuckled.

"Perhaps..." He agreed and bit at her nipple with blunt teeth as he moved down her body, causing her to toss her head back with a hoarse cry.

He lapped at it for a moment then continued his trail of bites and licks down past her navel. She lifted her hips in anticipation as he nudged her legs wider apart. His hands caressed her thighs and he lapped at her leaking pussy, drinking in every drop of her essence and massaging her clit with his tongue. She gasped and moaned, clutching at the comforter.

He curled his tongue around the little nub and slid two fingers into her, pumping them slowly before adding a third. He purred, letting it rumble against her and causing even more pleasure. He bit down on her clit and a cry of pleasure from her heralded her first orgasm, her hot sheath clenching around his fingers as he drank her like a starving man.

"Spike..." she gasped and reached for him, trying to tug him up to her.

He pushed her hands away gently then returned to pumping his fingers. He turned his face to kiss her thigh, then biting with his blunt teeth. She laid back and her fingers threaded in his hair again. He vamped and his gold eyes locked with hers then his fangs sank into her flesh, enjoying the warm rush of blood into his mouth. His already painfully hard erection tightening more if that was possible and he began to rub it against the bed while he drank. Eyes still linked, he lifted his mouth a fraction of an inch of the wound. "Mine."

He waited expectantly for her confirm his claim then return it, but was greeted with silence as she stared at him shocked. He frowned and he quickly stroked his tongue over the wound then lifted himself on his forearms. "Luv, you're s'posed t' agree by sayin' 'yours' so then you can bite me an' do the same t' return my claim."

She raised up on her elbows. "I know that, don't you think I know that??" She sighed and shook her head. "Especially after all that with Angel. Giles, as soon as he learned about me and Angel, he made it his mission to make sure I was the expert on vampire mating habits for my own protection."

"Then... why aren' you... Say it, pet. Please." Azure eyes looked at her pleading and he inched up her body, his hands clutching at her arms. His lifeline. She had just said she trusted him and that they would be together no matter what. He couldn't understand this rejection.

Gentle hands cupped his face and she pulled him close to cover his face in kisses lovingly, seeking to sooth that forlorn look. "It's nothing like that, Spike. My William. Please believe that. Let me explain before you think the worst of me again."

He kissed her slowly, needing the comfort she was giving that calmed the demon as it raged at being denied it's mate. "Please, yes, please explain t' me, luv."

"I just... I just don't think I'm ready for it... yet. It's just not best time," she shook her head slightly and then looked up into his eyes again. "So, its not saying that I don't want it, at least down the road. But, this is still new and hello, we just got done with a spat... and like I told you, I know what all that claim entails and I think things should be more..." She sighed and looked up to towards the ceiling as she tried to put it in words.

She bit her lip and looked at him again. "Say I returned the claim, and then we hit another bump in our new relationship plan and you won't able to avoid me in the basement for a week then, will you? Or it doesn't work out..." her brows drew together and she bit her bottom lip harder. "I mean, I want it to work, I really do and I'll work very hard to make it work with you, I just... worry."

"I know, I know... I do, too, an' I'll do whatever is in my power t' keep us from splittin'." He brushed a hand over her cheek then his thumb across her brow to smooth the frown lines. "An' worryin' 'bout you is part of what is makin' my demon want t' do some small measure t' protect his mate." He smiled slightly. "An' surely, such an expert as my not-so-golden slayer is, you know the benefits of bein' claimed by me?"

"Yes," she rolled her eyes. "But, its not like we're up to our eyeballs in trouble down here. Not even up to our ankles really." She licked her lips, "But seriously, Spike, I just want things to be a bit more... stable before I'm ready to take such a definitive and... eternal step as a claim. Not just a heat of the moment thing." Her brows drew together, "Are you really disappointed and mad at me?" Her bottom lip quivered. "I just want some time to be sure."

"Of course not," he purred soothingly and kissed her softly. "Well, a little disappointed, but I understand... an' I can give you as much time as you want. I'm used t' fightin' for you by now an' I'm not goin' anywhere either way."

She gave a relieved smile and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him hard. "I'll make it up to you, Spike. I promise."

"I'm sure you will, even though there's no need." He buried his face in her throat and inhaled her scent.

She rolled her eyes at him, but figured at this point it was better not to argue. Just to enjoy and be glad he hadn't taken her decision wrong, running off to sulk and avoid her again. She curled a leg around him and smiled, "Well, I'm going to start right now I guess."

She reached down and gripped his cock in her hand then beginning to stroke him with slow strokes. He pressed into her touch with a moan, teeth grazing her shoulder. His hands danced over her body, touching her here and there to elicit moans from her in return. They finally settled on her breasts, thumbs teasing the hardened nubs. She arched up into his hands while increasing her pace with her hand.

Finally, he could wait no longer and brushed her hand aside so he could position himself at her entrance. He caught her gaze and rested his forehead against hers so he could watch her as he entered her, the subtle shifts to her features and the way she continued to look at him with love and lust. And total trust. It was too much and he kissed her with bruising force as he began to rock his hips, long hard strokes that had her making mewlings of pleasure into his mouth.

One hand tangled in her soft chestnut hair and the other went to grasp her around the hip tightly, levering her up so he could bury himself deeper in her tight sheath. Her strong slayer muscles gripped at him with every stroke and brought them closer to the edge. Her nails dug into his back, clinging to him as she felt herself begin to fall to pieces, needing an anchor. The pain only drove him on, even as she drew blood. He growled and bit at her neck, clamping her tender skin between his teeth as he hammered into her.

"Gawd, Spike, please please bite me. Harder. Oh gawd, I'm so close." She pleaded, only half aware of her words as she bucked against him. Sex was always so mind blowing with him, it seemed. Different from the few experiences she had had before him. She really did have something different and special with Spike, and not just in bed.

He shifted into game face again and stroked her pulse with his tongue, purring at her deliciously unique taste. His slayer. Claim or no claim, she was his. Forever. He sunk his fangs deep into her flesh and his demon roared in triumph moments before they both began toppling over the edge. She screamed and tore at his back as her muscles rippled around him, nearly tearing his cock from his body. He slid his fangs out and tossed his head back with a throaty cry as he spilled himself in her.

Aftershocks rippled through them both as they laid exhausted and still entangled. He continued to lick at the pinpricks slowly, purring softly in contentment. His fingers stroking circles on her side.

She gasped for breath and then turned her head to look at him. "Spike... William... I..." She bit her lip as the words bubbled up and she suddenly became unsure of herself. She buried her face in his neck, just holding onto him tightly as she tried to get a hold on her frenzied thoughts.

"Mmm, I know, pet," he smiled, not needing the words. He knew. Even if she didn't say it. Even if she didn't even realize it herself. He knew she loved him as much as he loved her. That was enough for him. He cupped her face and kissed her slowly, softer now in the afterglow. Worshipping her mouth with his.

"I promise, Spike, there is no doubt in my mind that I want you to claim me. Just... later." She gave a small smile and brushed back the damp curls clinging to his forehead.

"I know," he chuckled. "I understand, I do. I know I get a bit-"

They were interrupted by feet pounding down the stairs at full tilt. They barely had enough time to tug the covers over them and were reluctantly breaking apart when Dawn burst out of the stairway into the basement. She looked them over and paused.

"Dawn, I..." Buffy began with a deep blush.

"About time," Dawn rolled her eyes.

The slayer's brows went up and she blinked at her kid sister. "You came down there for THAT?"

"No, there's someone at the door," she thumbed over her shoulder. "You were probably too distracted to notice. But, you'll really want to be interrupted to take this."

Buffy and Spiked looked at each other for a moment in confusion. Spike looked a little ashamed that he had been so distracted by her that even he hadn't heard the door with his enhanced senses.

"Who would be here this late?" Buffy's nose wrinkled and she looked back towards Dawn for an answer.

"Oh, I'm so not ruining the surprise. I want to see the look on your face." Dawn nodded and started back up the stairs. "I'll hold them off while you get dressed and less aftersex looking."

Buffy touched her hair and wondered if she really did have sex hair. She also looked back to Spike, still confused about who could be at her doorstep this late. "Guess I'll go answer it. Since I don't know who it is, you should stay down here. I'll call to you if I need you, okay?" She leaned over and kissed him softly, then went searching for her clothes around the room.

As soon as she was dressed, she blew him another kiss and jogged up the stairs. She paused at the hallway mirror to check if she still had the aftersex look, smoothing her hair then continuing towards the front door. It was closed, so she guessed Dawn had led them to the living room. So it must not be a really bad surprise if she was willing to invite the person in. She ran her fingers through her dark hair one last time as she stepped around the corner into the living room.

"Angel?" She gasped and took a step back. Her head was spinning as she watched her ex stand to greet her. "How... did you find us? W-what are you doing here?"

"You left your friends in quite a bind. They asked me to help get word to you." His eyes traveled over her and she was sure he probably smelled Spike on her and what they just did since she didn't have time to get a shower. "Your hair and eyes... it becomes you, though."

"My so-called friends sent you? I can't believe they could be so..." She clenched her fists and looked away. "Look, I'm sorry for them dragging you into this, but I explained to them I needed some time away and to keep Dawn safe. Do they even realized they are endangering Dawn??! No! They probably don't! Because they don't think of anything but themselves!" Her face was flushing with anger. She was also embarrassed her thoughtless friends would resort to sicking her ex-boyfriend on her.

"Buffy." He took another step forward. "Buffy... calm down a bit." He reached out to take her by her upper arms, but paused at a growling from deeper in the hallway that was so low only his vampire ears just barely picked it up. He glanced behind her briefly with a frown then looked back down at her distraught face. "Yes, they did come to me when you first disappeared. But, I didn't have any luck either, but I recently called them back seeking their help after finding out some distressing news. Giles had told them he'd be able to find you if there was an emergency, and there is."

She looked a little dubious, but nodded, "Tell me." She motioned for him to sit back down. "Dawn, you should head on to bed. School tomorrow." She rubbed her sister's back as she passed. "It'll be okay," she assured her with a brief hug then watched her go. "You can come out now, Spike. Don't think I suddenly stopped being able to sense you." She rolled her eyes over her shoulder then head into the living room to sit across from Angel.

Spike grumbled as he followed her into the living room, flopping down beside her on the couch and setting his feet on the coffee table with a loud thud. He put a possessive arm around Buffy and she wasn't blind to the obvious message he was trying to send Angel. She was his. While she agreed with trying to make this clear to Angel, she just hoped it didn't escalate into their usual bickering and even fighting. She leaned into Spike slightly and folded her hands in her lap, sending her own message while waiting for Angel to explain.

His dark eyes passed between them, missing nothing and latching onto Spike's hand as it stroked Buffy's shoulder idly. "Well, it was Cordelia... you know she came and works for me now. She... well, she gets visions now. From the powers."

"Cordelia the Vision Seer?" Buffy's brows went up and she fought not to giggle, not when he was trying to tell her something serious. "Sorry. What did she see then?"

"Trouble, big trouble. It's like when you died and all the demons converged on Sunnydale, thinking it an easy target without the slayer. They're starting to realize you're not there again and Cordelia's vision was of a big group of very nasty ones coming to Sunnydale. She saw your friends hurt and... worse." He lifted his eyes, keeping them schooled at looking sad and worried. Inwardly, he was hopefully and anxious that this would work. That his plans would work, although he had reached his first goal of finding out where she was was. Now, he had other goals he had formed since his idea first formed. "They need your help. I guess... it might not take long, just show up and get rid of these demons when they show up. It'll send the message that the slayer still protects Sunnydale and hopefully prevent any other big attacks."

Buffy licked her lips and nodded. She looked up at Spike, trying to read his expression to see what he thought of his. His face was blank and she should have figured as much with Angel around, so she looked back at the larger vampire. "Let me discuss this with Spike alone for a moment. I agree, this sounds bad and we have to do something about it."

She got up and took Spike by the arm to pull him to his fate, and away from the glaring contest he had going with his Grand-sire. They headed across the house to the kitchen and she hopped up to sit on the counter, pulling him close and laying his cheek against his chest. His arms cradled her gently.

"I won't go if you're absolutely against it." She told him softly. "We can think of some other way, I'm sure." She sighed. "I mean, I can't leave Dawn here alone and I can't take her with me..."

"Shhh, they need you an' like he said, you need t' show the demons who's the boss in Sunnydale," he kissed the top of her head. "I can take care of Nibblet, make sure she gets off t' school, does her homework, an' eats right. Keep her safe like always." His hands ran soothing circled on her back. "You go an' take care of this then hurry back t' me."

She looked up and studied his face. He really had changed. She was sure before now he would have just said 'Screw 'em' if this had happened, but now... standing in there comforting here, he was willing to let her go long enough to go protect those who were important to her. It was things like this that made it easy to see him as more than just some soulless vamp on a chip leash.

"If you're sure..." she chewed on her lip.

"Very. You got the number an' we can call each other constantly," he smirked. "If there's any trouble, I'll be there immediately. I'm sure James'd watch Dawn in an emergency. An' I trust you t' come back t' me." He kissed her softly.

She beamed at that, glad he trusted her for something. "I'll make quick work of these guys and hurry right back." She kissed him back then turned to go tell Angel that they were going.



tbc...
Chapter Five by Blood Faerie


~Chapter Five~


AN: Short chapter, but hey. Big thanks to Tami, Nadine, and Jessica for their help. And thank you to everyone who has reviewed!



Dawn gaped at Spike when he told her the news the next morning. She had woken up without her sister's screeching at her and when she finally got into the kitchen the blonde vampire was whistling as he fried eggs and bacon for her. She was happy that apparently with the make-up of him and Buffy came the return of Domestic Spike, but she wanted to know where her sister was and what the forehead-y one had wanted.

"You just let her go with the big poofy forehead guy??!" She put her hands on her hips and frowned at him reproachfully. He nearly smirked at the flash of Buffy he saw just then. He also knew that like Buffy, if he looked too amused at her he was probably going to wind up being struck with a fist.

"She needed t' go stop whatever bad that Cordelia saw in her vision attackin' Sunnydale an' the others," he explained patiently again and shoved a plate of food in her direction. He leaned his hip against the counter and crossed his arms, looking down at her sternly. "Now eat. Your sister will stake me if she comes back t' find I haven' been takin' care of her sister all proper like."

She sighed and looked down at the food, then back at Spike. "I still think you shouldn't have let them go off alone together."

"Just eat," he frowned at her slightly. He didn't need the little slip of a thing voicing his fears. Her insistence that it was a mistake wasn't helping him at all.

*****


Angel would drive all night and they would stop to bunk down in a hotel during the day. While Angel went about sun-proofing the room before dawn came on the second day, Buffy headed into the bathroom to get a shower. A tense silence always filled the car and stretched into the hotel room. The former lovers had little to say to each other and Buffy was a bit unhappy about returning to Sunnydale before she was ready. They only spoke to ask questions and give short answers, as well as quick 'good night' and 'good morning'.

Buffy came out of the bathroom in her flannel shirt and shorts set, still drying her hair as she glanced towards Angel. He was stretched out on the bed with his arms under his head, watching television. He looked up at her though as she stepped into view.

"I'm going to order something from room service; want anything?" she asked him as she tossed the towel aside.

"I don't eat," he said as if she forgot he was a vampire.

She glanced at him and lifted a shoulder as she thumbed through the phone book. "Spike eats almost as much as we do."

"He always was an odd excuse for a vampire," he sighed.

Buffy growled at him. "I would watch how you talked about my... well, I guess he's my boyfriend now. Doesn't matter what I call him, though, I am the only one who gets to tease him... because well... I don't do it maliciously... most of the time. Hmmph."

She moved to the other side of the room and put her back to him as she placed her order over the phone. Angel watched her, seething over her defense of his shame of a Grand-Childe. He had hoped getting her away from Spike would get rid of whatever spell Spike was putting over his girl. His girl. He wasn't going to lose her to Spike. He was glad to see his impetuous Grand-Childe hadn't put a claim on her yet.

Well, he couldn't do anything just yet. He needed to let her cool down again and not to mention, he didn't want the delivery guy to interrupt so he would wait until after she ate.

*****


Dawn walked into the kitchen and totally ignored Spike as she headed to the fridge. He watched her ignore him with a frown on his face. Yeah, he knew she was quite moody, but he was used to being on her good side. He sighed and tried to hand her a plate of pancakes, but she ignored that too and went to get herself a bowl of cereal.

"C'mon, Nibblet, don' be like that," he finally said.

She didn't respond, only sat down at the table away from him to eat.

"I don' like her being with Peaches anymore than you do, but she had t' go an' do her duty as the Slayer. She'll be back before you know it. 'Till then, I'll take care of you an' trust she can handle herself. An' don' think of misbehavin' because she's gone." He pointed a finger at her. "I can be just as strict as Buffy if I have t'."

That at least earned him an eye roll. He figured that was something and walked over, setting a wad of bills on the table near her.

"There you go, Bit. Get somethin' real good for lunch an' have some fun with your friends after school." He smiled kindly at her then headed back to the basement to go watch his daily shows. He tried to shake the inky feeling he was getting in the pit of his stomach. Maybe... residual effects from the initiated claim? It wasn't returned, but had started to bind them. If that was the case, he knew it would fade eventually and he would have to tough it out until then.

*****


Buffy smiled at the delivery guy when he came to clear away the remains of her breakfast. She dug out a tip and handed it to him as he left then went over towards her bed, glancing towards the brooding vampire. Well, that really wasn't anything new. He hadn't said anything to her since she had got onto him for his usual trash talking about Spike. She knew there was no love lost between the two vampires and let it go. He knew that Spike was with her after the none-too-subtle hints at her house, so he should have known better than to say anything bad about her new boyfriend.

She just shook her head and started turning down her covers, preparing to go to sleep. Slipping under the blankets, she glanced over at the brooding vampire.

"Good night... er morning," the corner of her mouth lifted slightly then she curled up, tucking her fist under her cheek.

He apparently had other ideas than sleep as he clicked off the television. He slid off his bed to kneel next to her, reaching out to touch her hair tenderly.

"I'm sorry about earlier... I don't want to make you feel like you have to defend him." He sighed. "But, I do know him better than you think you do. I've known him since the day he was turned over a hundred years ago. You have only known him a couple of confusing years."

"I think it's you who's confused," she lifted herself on her elbow. "You knew the old Spike, before he changed. Yes, initially because the chip forced him to, but now... because he wants to."

"Buffy, I didn't think you were still that naive about things. Especially after what happened with us," he looked at her with a small frown as if she were a child.

She shook her head. "Yeah, well I know for a fact that boinking doesn't turn him into a raving psycho. And, his chip doesn't work on me, so it's him that chooses not to maim me."

"I can't just sit by and watch you make such a big mistake," he sighed and shook his head.

"Then don't watch and I don't think it's a mistake. I don't want you butting into my personal life. My private life is none of you business. So, can we please just drop this, Angel?"

"No, we won't drop this," he caught her hand. "You will always be my girl and I won't lose you to him."

"I am not yours!" She sat up and started to pull away from him. "You gave up any claim you may have had on me when you left Sunnydale for Los Angeles. Even before then, it was long over for us."

"I never gave up my claim on you," he grabbed both her arms and pulled her back towards him. "I still love you. I never stopped and I never will. I know you love me, too. I don't know what Spike did to you, but I won't just sit back idly. I plan to do something about this."

Buffy tried to pull back away from him, but they were pretty evenly matched in the strength department. Plus, it was hard to get traction on the sheets. She kept struggling in vain, starting to get very worried about where the situation was headed.

"Angel, let go of me. You're starting to hurt me," she winced as his fingers dug into her arms. "And, I did love you... but now I... I'm with Spike."

"Not anymore," he growled, rising off his knees to crawl onto the bed with her. "I found you, and I saved you from him. And, now that I have you, I don't intend on letting you go again."

She continued to struggle as he pinned her under his bulky body. "I only came with you to help my friends! I'm certainly not sticking with you once we get to Sunnydale if you continue to act like this!"

He gave a harsh laugh. "We're not going to Sunnydale. There was no vision from Cordelia; I just figured that was a really good idea for getting Giles to finally give up your location. I'm sure when he agreed to help you flee he thought it would get you away from Spike, not help you shack up with the bastard."

"Angel?" she gasped with eyes wide as she stilled beneath him. "How could you?"

"Like I said, I'm saving you from a very bad situation," he shook his head. "I will deal with Spike once I have you somewhere safe."

She growled dangerously. "And what about my sister? Are you planning on just leaving her there out in the mountains of Georgia in the middle of nowhere?"

"I'll collect her when I go back to deal with my Grand-Childe," he soothed. "I'll send her to a boarding school. The discipline will do her good; make her better behaved so that you'll no longer have to worry about them taking her away."

She looked at him as if he were nuts. How was that any different from Social Services taking her away? She started to buck wildly to get him off her, kicking her legs and trying to get them under him to lever him off. He was so much larger than her, though, and it made it hard. How could he be acting like this with his soul still in place? Maybe she was naive if she thought he couldn't be capable of anything bad with it.

Shrill screams pierced the air as he began ripping their clothes away and she realized after a few seconds they were coming from her. Hot tears spilled down her face and she begged him to stop, but it was useless and she bit her lip to bleeding. He kissed her and she gagged at the plundering tongue, so unlike her Spike's. Shame filled her as she thought of him. Would he want her back with Angel's paw prints all over her? Would she even get away from Angel to see Spike again? When she felt herself invaded, she disconnected totally and all lucid thoughts stopped as her mind tried to shield her from the horrifying experience.

*****


Spike dropped the remote as he felt the alarm and fear coming faintly from the remains of the initiated claim just before it faded away. It was enough, though. He knew something wasn't right. His mate was in trouble and he couldn't just sit around there with his thumb up his ass. In the next moment he was barreling up the stairs to catch Dawn before she ran out the door.

He couldn't alarm her as well with what he had sensed and he couldn't take her along as well. She would slow him down and possibly be put in danger as well.

"Nibblet!" He caught her arm and let out a breath when she looked at him questioningly, "You're right. Shouldn' have let her go with that wanker alone. I'm goin' t' head off after them an' that means you need t' stay with your friend until we get back. No arguments!" He shook a finger at her face when she opened her mouth to argue. "Just be glad I'm goin' after them, yeah?"

She frowned for a moment then sighed, "Yeah." After a moment's hesitation, she threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. "I love you," she blushed, "You know I meant that in a brotherly way, right?"

"Right," he laughed and slipped her a bit more money before heading back to the basement to get to packing. Then he would have to go into the garage and do something to sun-proof the car, obviously. He wasn't waiting for bloody nightfall to go save his mate.

*****


Buffy woke up and after a moment identified the noise that had brought her back to consciousness. Angel snored loudly beside her; she was facing his back with him hogging most of the covers. Asshole. She rolled her eyes and glanced around, stomach queasy as she decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and get her ass out of there before he woke up. She hoped he was heavy sleeper during the day, but still she was as quiet as she could as she slipped out of bed.

Her eyes strayed to the bathroom, wishing to take a shower to get the disgusting feel of him off her body but it was better not to tempt fate since she wanted to get out of there before he could stop her. All she had to do was make it to the door where it was day outside and he couldn't follow her. She crossed her fingers as she pulled some clothes out of her bag to change into then went over to his things to dig his wallet out. She felt no remorse as she took all the money inside, figuring he was getting off easy when she would have liked to have staked him for violating her trust and her body. He probably would have woken up, though, and they would have struggled again with maybe the same results. Better to just make a run for it.

So she stuffed the wad of money in her pocket and grabbed up her bag before fleeing out the door. Taking his car was out of the question; he would have been able to track it. So she hurried down the street to the payphone where she could call a cab to take her at least halfway across the state so that she would be far from Angel's radar before he even woke up or could go out.

With the cab on the way, she next called her house.

"What do you want?" a gruff voice demanded impatiently.

"Spike?"

"Buffy," he breathed, nearly dropping the phone. "I was just on my way out t' go after you. I felt... something was wrong. Are you okay, pet?"

"Y-yes," she nodded and clutched the phone tightly, "Angel lied. He lied about the vision just to get me away from you." Her throat constricted with tears, "He... he forced himself on me, Spike."

"I'll tear the wanker's dick off an' feed it t' him!" he roared angrily, feeling anguish that he couldn't be there to protect his mate. He wanted to comfort her as well and it made him even more restless. "Tell me where you are, luv, so I can come get you."

"I'm in Texas, but I just called a cab to get me at least some distance away before nightfall. I'll probably be near the border and I'll call you when I get there to tell you where exactly, okay?" She looked up as the cab pulled up and she lifted a hand to the driver, motioning for him to take her bags while she was finishing her call. "Spike, the cab's here. I'll be fine... I just want to get away from here then get a shower once I reach a hotel. I know how you drive so I know you'll hurry."

He chuckled, relaxing slightly as he was sure she was fine. He still wanted to be by her side as soon as possible. "Of course. You just be careful an' call me the minute you get yourself settled in a hotel. I'll be worryin' like a right ponce until you do, you know."

"I know," she smiled, "I love you."

She hung up and turned back to the driver. "I have one more quick call to make."

He nodded and she dialed one more number, her face becoming dark again as she huddled close to the phone. As soon as the answering machine beeped she began her acid filled message.

"How dare you," she hissed. "I hope you all are pleased with your handiwork. Your selfishness has beyond sickened me, assuming you can dictate to me where I should live so that I can be around to be your slave. Meddling in my personal life and bringing Angel into this. Just so you know, he lied to you about Cordelia's vision and you played right into his hands. I better not see any of you again for a very long time or hear about any of you trying to find me before I'm ready. I blame you for what happened this morning. Your selfishness is to blame for Angel lying to me, attempting to kidnap me, and raping me!"

She slammed down the receiver and stormed over to the cab, finally sliding into the back seat. She told the driver to just start driving for the border until nightfall then curled up on the seat with her cheek leaning against the leather of the seatback. The driver glanced back at her to tell her to buckle up then decided to let her be as he drove off.



tbc...

AN: This might be done soon, what with getting away from Angel and her telling off her friends again... unless you want Angel to go all Angelus (not from the rape, cause that wouldn't cause perfect happiness, but him doing it on purpose for some revenge or something like that)... or maybe the town in Georgia where they've been living is really a newly forming hellmouth or who knows... I have other fics as well as other fic ideas that I could work on if I get finished with this. But wanted the "fans" to have a say in if they would be happy if this was a somewhat short fic or if they wanted it longer. Cause short, I would only have another chapter or two after this.
Chapter Six by Blood Faerie


~Chapter Six~

AN: Thank you to all the nice reviews! I really don't have any rampant plotbunnies for a sequel to this one like I do for Dark Destinies. That is why I wondered if the "fans" cared if I cut if off now or extended it, because that'll be the end, hehe. Maybe something will come to me while I work on the next chapter or two, though, you never know. And to those of you who voted for Angelus, the votes for Non-Angelus outnumbered you, sorry. But that's okay, yeah, he's still acting all bad. A big thank you to Jessica and Tami for their betaing skills, and help with the trouble spots.




Later that day, Willow walked back into the house with Tara after class and saw there was a message on the answering machine. She eagerly hurried over to it since she expected it to be news from Angel saying he had found Buffy. He should have been there by now, but maybe they had run so they had gotten worried. What if the demon Cordelia saw came before they got back?

She froze at the icy tone of Buffy's voice as it filled the room. She had never heard her friend sound like that; at least not that she could recall hearing. It scared her even before the words sunk in. Angel lied? He... he what?? B-but, he had his soul, didn't he? They would have sensed it if he didn't or Cordelia or one of the others would have called to warn them.

Tara stood silently, not thinking this the best time to be all "I told you so" so she turned to go into the kitchen. They would have to have a talk, though, after Willow got over her shock as well as calling Xander and Giles to let them know. Maybe she could help Willow learn to change and together they would be better suited to deal with Xander, especially with Anya's help. Like her, Anya had been silent up until now, but both would have to give their lover a good talking to about friendship. After this, they were sure to be more ready to listen.

*****


Buffy ran to the door even before she heard the knocking, sensing the vampire on the other side. She threw open the door and launched herself into Spike's arms before he had time to say anything. Not like he was going to protest anyways. He did start to move her back into the room so he could close the door behind them for some privacy while she clung to him.

"Shh," he soothed softly and held her just as tightly. He sat down on the bed with her in his lap, checking for himself that she was all right. His lips brushed her temple, "Your mate is here now. Spike'll make it all better."

She burrowed deeper into his embrace if that was possible, pulling the edges of his duster about her so she could wrap herself in his scent. She continued to sniffle then and wiped her nose in his shirt. He rolled his eyes, but continued to hold her as she shook. The anger welled inside him at seeing her like this. His warrior. How dare that wanker reduce his beautiful slayer to a weeping mess like this!

"Spike," she lifted her head and swiped at her nose with the back of her hand, "If... if I had let you claim me the other night... would he have still done it?"

His heart wrenched hard as he looked into her eyes. How could he say the truth without making her feel like this was all her fault? She obviously had already drawn the conclusions and was blaming herself for letting it happen. Even if he hadn't initiated the claim, he knew she would have blamed herself but it made it worse for her.

"Pet, you never know. If he was too set on gettin' you t' himself, he may have done it anyways," he was proud of himself for finding something comforting to say that was probably true. "Or he may have done somethin' worse, such as harm me, too. He snapped an' who knows what a person will do when they snap."

"You are too nice to me," she sighed and laid her cheek against his shoulder again.

He was surprised. That was hardly anywhere near anything he had ever been accused of.

"I'm tellin' you the truth," he told her as he shrugged out of his duster. She refused to let it go so he wrapped it around her as he laid her back on the bed then started tucking her in. "There's no one t' blame for his behaviour but Angel. He will get what's comin' t' him if I have anythin' t' say about it."

She caught his hand.

"You're not leaving me."

"Of course not, luv."

"I want you to claim me. I'm ready."

"Maybe after you've got some rest," he kissed her softly the leaned back against the headboard. "You're still recoverin' an' I want you t' feel better first. We can talk more 'bout it later when you wake up."

"No!" She sat up and put her hands to his chest, scowling at him angrily. "I want you to claim me NOW!"

"Buffy, no, you-"

Suddenly, she was biting at his neck angrily as she gave up trying to make him take charge. He struggled to push her away, but her teeth tore into his skin and blood flowed into her mouth before he could get her off. He pushed her back and she looked up at him with her mouth bloodied, licking her lips before pressing them into a stubborn line.

"Mine!" she growled out then grabbed the pencil off the nightstand, "Now you do it back before I stake you."

He doubted she would seriously stake him, but he couldn't call her bluff. His demon roared at her display of dominance and feeling the mating ritual had begun, it grew stronger as it pushed him to complete it. His face shifted and his fangs dropped before he was bending her back with a low growl, burying his fangs in her neck as she had wanted. Her fingers clutched at him while he drank, giving little mewls of pleasure and pain.

"Say it, please, say it," she begged.

"Mine," he purred into her ear then licked the bite closed. "An' if you ever do anythin' so foolish ever again, I'll take you across my knee an' spank you."

"You promise?" She grinned up at him and wagged her brows.

She was feeling better, so much better. Whether it was because of the claim or something else, she didn't know. She did sense that Spike was using it to send her comforting energy and that helped a lot as well. She leaned into him and gave him a slow kiss, fingers running along the waistband of his jeans. He returned the kiss and laid them both back down.

"Now, will you sleep, pet?" he asked as he pulled the blanket back around them.

"Yes, Mommy William," she laughed and then squealed when he dove at her for the quip.

*****


Dawn waved to the car as it pulled out of the driveway before turning to head inside. Spike and Buffy wouldn't be back for awhile more, but she really didn't need to be babysat like a little kid. So when "Will" called to check on "Sarah" and tell them that "Helen" was okay, she had fibbed to tell her friend Kelly that he had said they were just on their way back to Dahlonega. She could take care of herself. She would just order a pizza and then work on her homework in front of the television like usual. Really, she would be going to college in a couple years... her sister would have to cut the cord before then. Spike, too.

She walked up the front steps to the shadowed porch, head down as she searched her backpack for the key. She didn't see one shadow detach itself from the rest and move towards her with narrowed eyes. It grabbed her before she had time to notice, covering her mouth to make sure she couldn't bring anyone with her screams as he drug her back off the porch.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he hissed in her ear, "I just need you to get your sister back."

Her eyes got wide. Angel? Captain Forehead was kidnapping her?? She took deep breaths and told herself that Spike would save her. It was a good thing Spike hadn't told the girl about what Angel had done to Buffy when he called to check on her or she wouldn't have had a chance of calming herself down.

*****


Buffy stepped out of the shower and through the mist to the mirror. Bracing her hands on either side of the sink, she leaned forward and hung her head down, letting the dark, wet tangles hang to hide her face. Her skin was red and a bit raw from all the scrubbing she had done while under the scalding hot spray. She still didn't feel clean, even after the third shower since it had happened. She had a hunch that she still wouldn't feel clean even if she had continued to scrub until she had scraped all her skin off, and by the looks of her arms she had come very close in a couple places.

With a sigh, she stepped back to sit on the edge of the tub and lean her cheek against the wall. It still just boggled the mind that Angel, who she trusted, could do this to her. And with his soul in place! How could he betray her like this?

And the sad thing, she could have prevented it. Spike had tried to make her feel better by saying it probably could have happened even if she had accepted the claim before she left. That if Angel desperate enough, he would have ignored the fact that she was mated to his Grand-Childe. But, she couldn't be so sure. If she had accepted the claim then she would have been more protected from such a tragedy in more ways than one. But no. She had shied away. Gawd, she was so stupid. And so naive to think Angel was a saint with his soul in place.

She groaned and hugged her knees to her chest as she fought away the flashbacks that had splashed across her mind yet again. Spike had been so eager to claim her before, but last night she had to practically force it on him. How could he have changed his mind? He knew when he first initiated it that it was forever, so he should have still wanted it. The only thing different was that now she had Angel's touch all over her. It figured, though, didn't it? She was damaged now and Spike was disgusted at Angel's stench being all over her. He didn't want her like he did before; especially knowing it was her own fault for not accepting his claim that would have protected her. Now that she had finally realized her feelings for Spike she was going to lose him.

She couldn't let that happen! She was going to fight for Spike and make sure he was happy with her, and not give him a chance to run from him her if she could help it. No more brooding either. He hated that. She... she was going to put on a happy face and move on, not let him see her as weak. He didn't like her weak either. She just wanted to bury herself in his comfort and cocoon herself from the outside world, letting him erase Angel's heinous touch with his own loving fingers. If he still wanted her after all that. If he wouldn't reject her now.

Finally, she stretched her legs and stood to brush her teeth before heading out of the bathroom. She didn't think she could take anymore moping in the bathroom at that moment, needing to distract herself from the bad thoughts.

Spike was still in bed dozing lazily even though it was the afternoon already. She tossed the towel aside before bouncing onto the bed with a loud cry, causing the vampire to bounce off onto the floor with his own shriek. One look at him on the floor looking like he actually had a heart attack and she rolled onto her back to laugh loudly with her legs kicking in the air.

"That was so payback for when you popped out of my trunk when we first left Sunnydale," she gasped between giggles.

"Bloody annoyin' chit!" he growled and lunged back onto the bed after her.

He pinned her to the pillows and looked down at his newly claimed mate, her chest heaving with the effort to catch her breath. Her soft skin was still damp from the shower and her wet hair clung to her face as she looked up at him wide-eyed, but not with real fear. With so many other things that made his heart melt every time he looked at her. He kissed her slowly, hands spanning her narrow ribcage. Her tiny hands started to tug at his pants and that's when he pulled back some.

"Not yet, pet, it's too soon," he told her as his knuckle brushed over her cheek. "You still need time t' heal some, physically an' mentally. I can' afford t' be selfish with you."

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" she sighed with a cute little pout. "It's been hard to wait so long as it is with this claim thing... Giles conveniently left out of his lectures the part about how it gives you the sex drive of a bunny."

"That's only because it's new. It'll calm down as we go."

"And until then?" she looked up at him expectantly then pouted again as he shook his head, "You're so mean to me!"

"An' here last night you told me I was too nice," he sucked in his cheeks and arched a brow.

"Temporary insanity," she shot back dryly. Her heart was aching at his rejection, darker thoughts drawing their own sinister conclusions from his actions.

He frowned at her a couple more moments before chuckling, "You haven' eaten since... yeah. So, why don' you go across the street an' get somethin' from one of the fast food joints. Maybe some distance will help clear your head."

Both our heads, he added mentally. It was getting so very hard to resist her advances and he had to remind himself why constantly. She was just trying to use it as an excuse to forget her pain. It was funny, before now he would have thought he wouldn't have been so picky. But, he cared for her and wanted her to heal physically and mentally, as well as wanting their coupling to be for the right reasons. He didn't doubt her feelings for him anymore, but he didn't want to just be a tool for losing herself this time.

She eyed him for a second and he was a little worried he was already getting the knack of picking up on his thoughts using the claim. He would have to be more careful in the future, not just assuming that since she's human she would be inept at vampiric gifts.

"Fine, but this is like the last time I am ever taking an order from you," she wagged a finger at him then got up to go pull her hair into a messy knot. She bent to grab jeans, undies, and a shirt from her bag, "Want me to bring you anything back? 'Cause you better speak up now and not steal my food later."

"Some onion rings would hit the spot, pet," he smiled and got up to pull her close for another kiss before she left, admitting to himself that he was feeling the pull of the claim almost as strongly as she obviously was.

As soon as she was gone, he went over to the phone to call Dawn again. Mr. Carson was a bit surprised when Will called asking for Sarah, saying that Sarah had told them that he and Helen were on their way back. They had dropped Sarah off at their house the night before. He hung up and scowled, thinking how he was going to give Dawn the talking to of her lifetime. Did she think she could soften him up by proclaiming her love for him so she could walk all over him until Buffy was back?

He seethed as he dialed the house, needing to chew her out before Buffy got back. In no way was he going to have her know about this and get mad at him for not taking better care of her sister. He should have left her chained in the basement with some food like a dog. Then he would have known where she was when they got back because right now she wasn't picking up. He slammed down the receiver with a growl, making sure to give the girl a really good lecture... maybe even a spanking. Yes, a spanking! Then she wouldn't ever misbehave again!

"What's that look for?"

He jumped when he heard Buffy, so lost in his seething that he had missed her entering. He looked towards her and gave a shrug of his shoulder. "Missed Passions."

"Oookay..." she blinked and handed him the bag with his onion rings in it. She sat beside him on the bed and reached for the remote, clicking on the TV before starting to munch on her burger. "You are so not kissing me with onions on your breath, you know. Blood breath is icky enough."

"You'd go through withdrawals," he shot back through a mouth of onion.

"Oh get over yourself," she rolled her eyes. She licked her lips as another idea popped into her head and she gave him a thoughtful look, "But that reminds me, you need to feed before we start out."

"You offerin', luv?" he leered at her, the effect somewhat ruined by his full mouth.

She found it adorable, though, and lifted a brow, "Do you see anyone else here?"

She laughed and ducked an onion ring that was thrown her way. A fry was thrown back in retaliation and soon there was an all out food fight that led to him chasing her about the hotel room again. She ducked a hand and grabbed for the door, intending to win by darting into the sunshine where he couldn't follow. He gave a growl and grabbed her around the waist before she could open the door, tossing her over his shoulder and heading back to the bed. He tossed her onto it then pounced, pinning her back and snapping his teeth near her neck. There was momentary alarm, but the feelings flooding the claim washed away the panic in favour of deeper feelings.

"That was playin' dirty, Slayer, runnin' out int' the sun like that," he said lowly before vamping and biting into her neck.

Her fingers clung to his upper arms as she moaned softly, enjoying the bite thoroughly. He was still totally nude and his arousal was very much evident as he moved against her. One of her hands slipped from his arm and moved down, tracing the muscles of his abs on the journey down to his hard length. He licked the bite closed and growled into her neck, grabbing the wrist of the curious hand before it could grasp its goal.

"Now, pet... the answer isn' goin' t' change in only an hour," he sighed and started to sit up.

With an impatient cry, she jerked her hand out of his, "Spike! Will you stop being so..." she lifted her hands like she wanted to strangle him and growled, "You're driving me batty!"

"Have you forgotten what happened t' you just yesterday?!" He threw up his hands and stood up, needing distance from her to think better. To yet again remind himself why he wasn't ravishing the more than willing slayer.

He put his back to her and ran a hand through his mess of curls. That distracted him for a moment as he smoothed his hand over his curls again. The fading bleach and dark roots he could handle, but the lack of gel was getting to him. The Big Bad did not have soft curls! He turned back towards her to try to change the subject by asking if he could go back to wearing his hair like he used to, his Will persona not really that important as he hardly went out.

But, that thought flew out of his head as he stopped in his tracks to gape at Buffy who was kneeling on the bed nude. She caught her lip between her teeth and reached out a hand to him, looking so vulnerable in that moment and he quickly went to her. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and held her tight.

"Oh, my sweetlin'," he purred into her skin.

"I have definitely not forgotten what happened yesterday, okay?" she sighed and stroked his hair, enjoying the soft curls so much more than the century old build up of gel. "But, I'd rather not dwell on that and just move on, try to forget all that ugliness. I want to move on with you and I feel safe when I'm in your arms. I want you to help me forget the bad stuff."

He inhaled slowly, sure he couldn't last much longer.

"I'd rather you be wantin' me 'cause you loved me an' couldn' resist my luscious body," he lifted his head and grinned down at her wryly.

"Ugh," she hit at his shoulder, "I thought we covered the whole 'I love you and can't resist your hot bod' portion long ago."

"You think I got a hot body?" his tongue curled behind his teeth.

"Oh good grief, you think you have a hot body enough for the both of us," she groaned.

"Seriously, luv," he sat on the bed and pulled her onto his lap, "We need t' wait so you can deal with what happened an' heal properly. Please, I know there's somethin' else goin' on in that pretty lil' head of yours, but I've kept from usin' the claim t' poke around in there 'cause I know you would hate me for it."

"You're right," she eyed him. "It'd earn you a black eye and a broken nose."

"Then either just wait or I will do it t' figure out what t' do t' help you."

"I told you what would help me," she trailed a finger down his chest then traced circles around one of his pale nipples.

He needed to distract her before he went stark bonkers. "Pet, there's somethin' you need t' know. I called t' check on Dawn while you were gettin' nosh an' she wasn' home. I left her with the Carsons's, but they said she had told them we were on our way back so they dropped her off at the house. She didn' answer when I called the house, though."

"What?!" she demanded and jumped off his lap, giving him the reaction he had hoped for, "Why didn't you tell me that the moment I walked in the fucking door?!"

"'Cause there's nothin' we can do until the sun goes down, unless you want t' just leave me here an' leave by yourself," he shot back sarcastically. "An' for all we know, she's just out livin' it up an' bein' a teenager while the adults are away."

"Then we still need to get there soon to give her a swift kick to the ass for being an idiot," she crossed her arms and frowned at the windows that still blocked out sunlight. "Fine, but be ready to go as soon as it's dark enough for you to go out. I'll pack the car and so all we have to do is get into the car and drive."

"Well, pet, we have a few hours until then, so why don' you come over here an' we can relax while watchin' TV for a bit," Spike patted the bed beside him as he leaned back against the pillows.

"Do you think that's safe with me all with the horny bunny-ness?" she said it with her eyes devouring ever nude inch of him, lingering on areas of interest. "Maybe I should go for a walk or something."

"C'mere," he held out his hand and she took it so he could pull her to his side. "The claim craves touch an' that doesn' mean we have t' go straight t' shaggin'. I can' believe I'm the one sayin' that," he chuckled, "But, luv, we'll just be snuggle bunnies until it's time t' go, yeah?"

She bit her lip and stood there uncertainly for a second, glancing at him through her lashes. Finally, she walked over to slide into bed beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder and snaking her arm around him. She lifted her head and pressed a light kiss to his neck before relaxing.

"Only because it's better than nothing, so you know," she told him and reached for the remote.



tbc...