Falling For a Redcoat by Allison
Summary: The one thing Buffy Summers dreads is going on stupid family vacations. Dragged to Williamsburg, Virginia, she’s forced to spend 4 days watching the town’s Revolutionary War-era re-enactment as her only source of fun. The last thing she expected was to meet a blue-eyed re-enactor that would make her enjoy family vacations for the first time.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 8036 Read: 10017 Published: 07/01/2005 Updated: 07/06/2005

1. The Flight To Hell by Allison

2. Too Gorgeous to Die by Allison

3. Snogging in a Graveyard by Allison

4. Guilty As Charged by Allison

5. A Girl’s Independence Day… And Night by Allison

6. A Distaste For Planes by Allison

7. It's Never Over by Allison

The Flight To Hell by Allison
Author's Notes:
This is another story dedicated to Katie, the amazing friend who gave me the idea and helped me run with it. If anyone understands how much I loathe family vacations, it’s her. Thank you so much for your help and support!

Also, I’m going to update this story based on the date, so for instance, today is July 1st (for me, at least), and it’s July 1st in the fic. Tomorrow, there are two chapters that coincide with the 2nd, so I’ll be posting both at different times of the day. I hope this isn’t confusing:) But I just thought I’d tell people they will be getting two chapters tomorrow!
Buffy Summers looked out the window of the plane with a scowl on her face. Yet again, she had been roped into going on a family vacation with her parents. As usual, it was a trip that would be focused on historical landmarks and sites, and this one was specifically centered around Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. She hated trips like these, mainly because history didn’t interest her and she didn’t like being away from her friends for a week or two in summer.

‘At least this one is only four days,’ she thought. ‘If I was gone for two weeks like I was last summer on the trip to Nova Scotia, I’d figure out a way to break my leg or wind up in a hospital instead. Anything to keep me away from family vacations.’

“Isn’t the view spectacular?” Joyce Summers asked as she looked over Buffy’s shoulder to see the clouds beneath the plane.

“Sure,” Buffy mumbled. “It always looks like this whenever we’re on a plane.”

“I know you don’t like going on trips with us, Buffy,” Joyce said quietly, hoping that her husband Hank wouldn’t wake up from his nap to see how annoyed their daughter was. “But your father and I like doing things with you.”

“I’m not a little kid anymore, Mom,” she replied. “I’m eighteen years old and can take care of myself.”

“I know that,” Joyce said, patting her daughter’s hand. “But this will probably be our last family vacation, so can you please try to make the best of it?” Buffy sighed and looked down.

“Fine,” she replied. “But don’t expect me to go above and beyond for you two.”

“Thank you,” Joyce said, leaning over to kiss Buffy’s cheek. “Now, we’re not landing for about two hours, so why don’t you sleep or something? It was an early morning for all of us.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Buffy said, yawning. “Wake me up when we land.”

‘When this hellish vacation really starts,’ she thought before shutting her eyes and leaning back against the headrest.

* * * * *

After departing the plane and going to pick up their rental car, the family put all of their luggage inside the small SUV and began to drive towards Williamsburg.

‘Thankfully the airport isn’t even twenty minutes away from there,’ she thought. ‘I’d hate to be in this car longer than I have to be.’

“So, Buffy, is there anything you’re interested in seeing while we’re here?” Hank asked, looking at his daughter in the rearview mirror.

“I’m sure she’ll find something,” Joyce replied, looking at a map of Williamsburg. “There are lots of things going on right now, especially since July 4th is in a couple of days. I’m sure it will be buzzing with tourists.”

‘Great,’ Buffy thought, irritated. ‘I’ll be surrounded by tons of screaming children, re-enactors, and lots of people taking pictures and getting angry when you walk into their shot. And people wonder why I hate vacations in summer.’

“I think it’s going to be a lot of fun,” Hank said, smiling at his wife.

‘You always think that,’ Buffy thought, angry. ‘And trust me, it’s never fun.’

* * * * *

They arrived at the hotel a little while later and checked in before going up to the room. As they got to a door, Hank smiled at his wife before turning to his daughter and handing her a key. Buffy looked at it, confused.

“Your mother and I decided to let you have your own room,” he said, and Buffy smiled, surprised.

“Thank you,” she said, looking between her parents. “That’s really cool of you to do.”

“Well, you’re getting older and probably don’t want to stay in a room with two snoring adults,” Joyce replied jokingly. “Besides, if you need us, the rooms are adjoined by a balcony, so you can come over or vice versa.” Buffy nodded and walked one door over, putting her key in the lock and opening the door.

“Thanks again,” she said before carrying her bags inside and closing the door. She looked around the spacious room, her eyes instantly settling on the king-sized bed in the center. A grin spread across her face before she dropped her bags on the floor, sprinted to the bed, and jumped on it, giggling like a little kid.

‘Maybe it won’t be so bad after all,’ she thought, looking around the room.

* * * * *

After eating in the hotel’s restaurant with her parents that evening, she returned to her room while her parents went to take a walk around town. She walked out onto her balcony and looked around the surrounding area, seeing the main street in Colonial Williamsburg, filled with people milling around.

‘I realize I should be grateful for being taken on vacations like this,’ she thought. ‘A lot of my friends have never been out of California, while I’ve been to at least 40 states, parts of Canada, and Cancun in Mexico.’ She sighed. ‘But yet, these trips are usually more pains in the ass than fun and enjoyable. How many Civil War-type tours can you take before you feel like sticking a pen in your eye? How many empty fields that once had soldiers dying on them can you see before they all blend together in your mind? And how many historic buildings can you walk through before you feel like tripping down some stairs so you can return home, cast or not?’ She shook her head, looking down. ‘I just want to be back home again, in my house, in my room, in my bed. I want to be close to my friends and go out with them. I just want… to be away from here. The plane ride home won’t come soon enough.’






A/N, Part 2 A lot of this story is true, coming from my perspective on a trip to Williamsburg I took last summer with my parents. All of Buffy’s thoughts are ones that ran through my head, although she only has a four-day vacation versus the two-week one I had. I took certain liberties with things in Colonial Williamsburg, which if any of you have been there, you’ll notice. Tell me what you think of it so far, and I promise our favorite blonde man will be in the next chapter:)
Too Gorgeous to Die by Allison
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 1 yesterday! I'll be posting chapter 3 later on today/tonight, and there will definitely be some Spuffyness in it... not smut, but some sweet Spuffyness:) I hope you continue to like the story!
The following morning, Buffy and her parents took a bus to Williamsburg and began to walk around the historic town, going through buildings and talking to the re-enactors that were wandering around.

At one point, the ninety-degree weather began to tire Buffy out, so she sat down on a bench in the Town Square, under a tree, watching families walking around and other people sitting down in the shade, avoiding the heat at all costs. She opened her water bottle and began to drink from it as she spotted a good-looking male re-enactor being dragged by two men dressed as soldiers to a spot behind the Court House where there was a noose set up. She watched with interest as the attractive blonde was taken to the noose, only to have it wrapped around his neck.

‘Is he going to be hanged?’ she thought, standing up. ‘He’s too gorgeous to die.’ She quickly walked over to the crowd forming to watch as the man was being read his last rites and as they announced his crimes.

She heard a woman near her explain how he was a spy for the Redcoats who was giving critical information to one of his superiors in England.

‘Why am I not surprised? Spies are always hot and charming,’ she thought, studying him. She raised an eyebrow when his blue eyes locked with hers, his gaze not wavering from hers even as they tightened the rope around his neck. ‘Are they actually going to drop the plank from beneath him? Because that’s a little barbaric to see.’

“We thought we’d see you here,” her mother said, suddenly appearing beside her, along with Hank. “Isn’t this a little unseemly to watch?” Buffy shrugged. “We were thinking of going to lunch. Want to join us?” Buffy looked wistfully at the attractive stranger before nodding and following her parents out of the crowd and towards a historic pub a few buildings down.

* * * * *

A couple of hours later, Buffy was sitting outside the Governor’s Palace while her parents took a tour inside it. She grabbed her water bottle and drank from it, nearly choking on the water as the blonde man from before sat beside her, no longer in his costume.

“Well, hello, luv,” he said, grinning at her.

‘Is he actually British? Because that’s just… hot,’ she thought, staring at him.

“Hi,” she said quietly. He tilted his head, amused at how shy she seemed.

“You didn’t watch me die before,” he said, and she raised an eyebrow. “It’s one of the coolest parts of my job.”

“Being hung from a tree?” she asked. “That’s considered cool to you?”

“It’s better than walking around and being asked ridiculous questions by tourists,” he replied, shrugging. “At least I get to fool people into thinking that I die.”

“You must be a good actor,” she said, looking away, focusing on a little girl running around, in costume. “So, do you like your job?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty neat,” he said. “I get to meet a lot of people and put some of my knowledge to use.” She looked at him. “Where are you from?”

“Sunnydale in California,” she answered. “What about you?”

“London,” he answered. “Grew up in Liverpool, but I go to school in London.”

“College?” she asked, and he nodded. “I’m going to be a freshman at UC-Sunnydale in the fall.”

“So, did you come all the way from California by yourself?” he asked curiously, and she shook her head.

“Family vacation,” she mumbled, and he nodded, sympathetic.

“My parents tried to get me to take one of those this summer, so I opted to come work here instead,” he explained, and she smiled at him. “How long are you here for?”

“Until the fifth,” she answered. “Why?” He stood up, looking at his watch.

“Do you maybe want to meet me here tonight?” he asked. “If you can get away from your parents for a bit?”

“Sure,” she said, surprised. “But why? I don’t even know you.” He smirked.

“Because I want to show you around, especially when there aren’t loads of tourists ambling about and the sun is down,” he said. “It’s too hot to enjoy yourself right now.”

“Alright,” she said, smiling even though she was slightly skeptical. “I’ll see if I can come here alone. Where do you want to meet?”

“See that church down the road?” he asked, and she nodded. “That’s Bruton Parish Church, one of the oldest in the country. How about there?” She nodded. “Nine o’clock?”

“Sounds good,” she said, smiling at him. “I’m Buffy, by the way.” She extended her right hand to him, which he promptly took and brought up to his mouth, placing a soft kiss on the back of it. She blushed slightly, hoping he’d assume she was flushed from the heat, not at the look he was giving her and how soft his lips felt against her skin.

“I’m William,” he said. “But everyone calls me Spike.” She raised an eyebrow, smirking. “I’m sure you’ll find out why.” With that, he winked at her and walked away. She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled it, trying to inwardly calm herself down.

“You alright?” her father asked, both Joyce and Hank walking over to her a moment later. She stood up, nodding. “We’re going to head back to the hotel now, if that’s okay.”

“Yeah,” she replied. “That would be great.” She saw Spike weaving through the crowds and smiled before following her parents towards the bus.

* * * * *

“Are you sure you don’t want to come on the ghost tour with us?” Joyce asked after dinner, looking at Buffy as they stopped to stand in front of their hotel room doors.

“No thanks,” she replied, shrugging. “But I’ll go to the downtown area with you. Maybe I can shop or something.”

“Or you could even go look around the College of William and Mary,” Hank suggested. “Maybe you’ll want to transfer there instead.” Buffy smiled slightly. “We’ll leave in a few minutes, okay?” She nodded and let herself into her room, quickly scouring through her luggage to find an outfit cute enough to wear for the night.

‘I wonder if this is considered a date,’ she thought. ‘I guess I wouldn’t mind if it was.’ She sighed and looked in a mirror, running a hand through her hair. ‘I’m going out with a Redcoat spy tonight.’
Snogging in a Graveyard by Allison
Author's Notes:
Here's the second chapter today for your viewing pleasure:) Chapter 4 will be posted tomorrow, and I hope you all continue to like this fic! Thank you to everyone who has reviewed!:)
Buffy watched as her parents walked away with a tour group before she headed in the direction of the church. She wrapped her arms around herself, thinking about how weird it was to be meeting up with some guy she didn’t know while she was on vacation.

‘I’m sure Mom and Dad would love to know that I’m meeting a Redcoat re-enactor instead of shopping,’ she thought. ‘But if I have to be on this vacation, I’m going to make the best of it the only way I know how- spending time with a British hottie.’

She stopped to stand in front of the church’s door, staring at it.

“Wondering if you should leave, pet?” a voice asked behind her. She whirled around, coming face-to-face with Spike. She smiled slightly at him.

“I didn’t know if you’d be inside or not,” she replied.

‘And I was trying to mentally prepare myself for this,’ she thought. ‘So as to not make an ass of myself tonight.’ She paused. ‘Hopefully.’

“They lock the doors around seven on weeknights,” he said, tugging on the door, letting Buffy see that it wouldn’t open. “Want to go somewhere and talk?” She nodded, and they began to walk away. She noticed that there were aboveground cement tombs around the church, brick walkways between them. “Want to take a look at them? Everyone seems to be interested in these.”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” she replied. They began to walk around the small cemetery, Buffy looking at the names and dates on the tombstones. “It’s so eerie to know that these have been here for hundreds of years.”

“It’s even scarier after midnight,” he said, putting his hands in his pockets. “People think that it’s haunted by one of the old governors from Williamsburg.” She spotted a bench a few feet away and sat down on it, looking at all of the tombstones. “Like it here?”

“Yeah,” she said, smiling softly as he sat beside her. “It’s a really nice little town.”

“Once you get past all of the historical stuff, it’s even more interesting,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong- I love history- but the modern stuff here is pretty cool, too.”

“Yeah, I’m more of a modern girl, myself,” she said, giggling quietly. “History is a little too…”

“Boring?” he offered, smiling as she nodded. “Yeah, I understand. Not everyone is interested in stuff like wars and colonies and what-not.”

“Is history your major?” she asked, and he nodded. “This must be really fun for you, then.”

“Yeah, it has its perks,” he replied, looking at her. “Meeting a really beautiful tourist is a nice bonus.” She smirked and looked away, surprised when he tilted her chin to his before he pressed his lips to hers, kissing her softly. She smiled against his lips before kissing him back, making a quiet sound as he parted her lips with his tongue, both of their tongues meeting. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. She kissed him back with equal fervor before pulling back a little to breathe, looking into his eyes.

“Wow,” she said quietly. He grazed her cheek softly before kissing the tip of her nose. “Yeah, that was quite a nice perk.” He chuckled before wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders, letting her rest her head on his shoulder, both of them looking up at the night sky. “It’s too bad this kind of thing doesn’t happen to me regularly.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, running his hand over her hair.

“I don’t really hang out that much with guys,” she answered, shrugging. “I’ve been single for a while.”

“I don’t see why,” he said, smiling. “You’re sweet, adorable, and-”

“You’re making me sound like a little kid,” she pouted, and he kissed the top of her head.

“You’re not a little kid, luv,” he replied. “You’re quite a lovely woman.” She giggled quietly, and they sat in silence for a moment. “Would you maybe want to meet up tomorrow night?”

“I think my parents are going to the witch trial at the Capitol around ten, so I should be able to break away from them,” she said.

“I could introduce you to the actors involved in the trial after it,” he offered. “If you want to watch it, too.”

“Would you accompany me to it?” she asked, smiling.

“Yeah, I think I could do that,” he replied. “Just in case you need to curl up against someone when it gets too creepy.” She laughed and looked at him as he stood up. “Want to take a walk around?”

“Sure,” she said, taking his hand and walking away from the church, both of them thinking about how amazing the kiss they shared was.

* * * * *

About forty-five minutes later, they found themselves sitting in front of the Governor’s Palace, still talking about things.

“My parents’ tour ends in about five minutes,” Buffy said sadly, looking at his watch. “I should probably go meet them.” They began to walk in the direction of where Hank had parked the rental car. “Thank you for such a wonderful night, Spike.”

“It was my pleasure,” he said, leaning over to kiss her temple. She squeezed his hand in hers and smiled as they stopped in front of a sign Joyce had designated for them to meet in front of. “I’ll see you tomorrow night, then?”

“Definitely,” she said, seeing her parents’ group exiting a building down the road. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Goodnight, Buffy,” he said quietly, leaning forward to kiss her once again. She smiled up at him before he turned and walked away. She sat down on a nearby bench, waiting for her parents to arrive.

“No shopping bags?” Joyce asked as she got closer to her daughter. “Didn’t find anything worthy of buying?”

“Maybe tomorrow,” Buffy lied, shrugging. “I didn’t get to go to all of the stores I wanted to.” All three Summers began to walk to their car. “So, how was your tour?”

“Very interesting,” Joyce answered. “I had goose-bumps down my arms throughout most of it.”

“How was your night?” Hank asked, looking at his daughter.

“Awesome,” she answered honestly, grinning as she got into the car.

The whole way back to the hotel, she couldn’t stop thinking about Spike and how excited she was for the following night.

“Are you still going to the witch trial with us tomorrow?” Joyce asked as they exited the car.

“Yeah,” Buffy answered, realizing that her parents might see her with Spike.

‘Well, maybe I can come up with a way to keep him out of sight,’ she thought. ‘Because I highly doubt that they’d approve of me hanging out with a guy here.’ She smiled to herself. ‘But what they don’t know won’t hurt them.’
Guilty As Charged by Allison
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all of the reviews, everyone!:) I hope you enjoy this chapter, too!
The following day, Buffy returned to Colonial Williamsburg with her parents, seeing some of the stuff that they didn’t see the day before. She kept an eye out for Spike, hoping to come across him at some point.

‘For all I know, he has off today,’ she thought sadly, frowning. ‘I should’ve asked him last night.’

Suddenly, she saw two soldiers dragging a man towards the Town Square again and followed them. When she saw that it was Spike with them, she grinned and moved through the crowd so that she could see him. He spotted her and managed a small smirk before pretending to act again.

‘Yep, he’s definitely too hot to kill,’ she thought. ‘I don’t care if he’s a spy- he can spy on me all he wants.’ She giggled quietly and noticed a few people looking at her with raised eyebrows.

“Sorry, I just thought of something funny,” she said, quickly ducking her head.

“Or maybe it was from the look the spy just sent you,” a brunette woman suggested, smiling at her. Buffy returned the smile and looked at Spike once again. “Do they actually hang him?”

“I have no idea,” Buffy answered. “I was hoping to find out today.” The other woman laughed, and both watched as the two soldiers put the rope around his neck and tightened it. Buffy put a hand over her mouth as they dropped the plank beneath him, letting him fall, dangling from the rope attached to a tree branch. They dropped a sheet over everything, so Buffy snuck into the background and watched as they quickly moved the plank back in place, letting Spike stand on it and take the noose off. “Nice job.” He looked at her and grinned.

“Liked to see me hang, eh?” he joked, walking over to her. “Glad I could make you smile, luv.”

“You’ve gotten me to smile ever since we met,” she replied, and he leaned forward to kiss her, but she pushed him back lightly. “You’re all sweaty.”

“So what?” he pouted, and she giggled before letting him kiss her. “I needed a hello kiss- sorry.”

“Don’t ever apologize for kissing me,” she said, smirking. “So, how’s work going?”

“Pretty well,” he answered, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as they began to walk around. “I get to see you, so that’s a good thing.” She giggled. “Where are your parents?”

“Probably looking for me,” she answered. “I ran off when I saw you being taken here.” He chuckled and kissed her temple. “I should go find them, I guess.”

“Yeah,” he agreed. “I have to go pretend to sneak around and spy for another hour or so.” She smirked. “Are we still meeting tonight?” She nodded. “By the Capitol before the trial?”

“Yep,” she said, leaning over to kiss his cheek. “See you tonight.” He watched her walk away with a smile on his face.

“She’s a tourist?” his friend Alexander Harris asked, appearing beside him. “Seems like you dig her.”

“Yep,” Spike replied, tilting his head as she disappeared in a crowd of people. “She’s an amazing girl.”

“Oh, Spike’s in love,” his friend joked, and Spike playfully punched his arm.

“Come on, let’s get back to work,” he replied, walking away.

* * * * *

Around ten o’clock that night, Buffy was waiting by the gates for Spike, happy when her parents went into the Capitol building to get seats. She said she’d sit in the back, which they agreed to hesitantly, not quite understanding why.

‘They should believe that I’d rather be in the back, away from the screaming,’ she thought. ‘Who wants to have a woman scream her lungs out right next to you when she’s found guilty?’

“Hello, beautiful,” Spike said, walking towards her. She smiled at him, happy when he kissed her softly. “Want to head inside?” She nodded, and he took her hand in his, escorting her inside the building and onto a bench in the back, against the wall. She saw her parents and were thankful that they didn’t look back at them.

‘Because explaining Spike just wouldn’t be fun,’ she thought, smirking when he put his hand on her thigh.

“Hey- we’re in a public place,” she joked quietly, and he chuckled.

The doors flew open close by her, getting her to jump.

“It’s starting,” Spike said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as two women were brought in, one blonde and one redhead. “That’s Willow and Tara- you’ll like them.” She watched as they were brought to the front of the courtroom, the presiding judge standing up to look at them. “And that’s Rupert Giles, a friend of my father.”

“We shall begin,” he said, his voice booming in the room. Buffy leaned into Spike’s side and sighed as the trial commenced.

* * * * *

“That was so interesting,” Buffy said as they exited the building, watching as her parents talked to the two acting witches. “Maybe I can meet them tomorrow?”

“Going to come out with me?” he asked, smiling. “Since it’s July 4th, and all?”

“I’d love to watch the fireworks with you,” she said. “My parents are going to watch the ones by Jamestown, but I can probably come up with an excuse to stay back in the hotel and then sneak here.”

“Such a stealthy girl you are,” he replied, kissing her softly.

“Well, I have to compete with you, Mr. Espionage,” she joked, getting him to chuckle. “I should go over to my parents.” He nodded and ran his hand down her arm, getting her to shiver a bit at the touch. “I’ll meet you here tomorrow night for the fireworks by the church, okay?”

“Sure,” he said, kissing her again. “Night, pet.” She walked away and quickly joined her parents, thankful they hadn’t seen her with Spike.

“Did you have a good time tonight?” Joyce asked Buffy, noticing the happy expression on her daughter’s face.

“Yep, I loved it,” she said sincerely, noticing the pleased look on her parents’ faces.

‘And if it wasn’t for him, this trip would be pretty damn boring,’ she thought as she walked with her parents to the car.
A Girl’s Independence Day… And Night by Allison
Author's Notes:
First, I want to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day!:) Second, thank you to everyone who has read/reviewed lately- I'm glad people still like it. And third, here comes this fic's sex scene...
“Are you sure you don’t want us to stay?” Joyce asked the following night, watching as her daughter curled up in her bed. “If you don’t feel well, we can stay.”

“I’m fine,” Buffy replied. “I just feel a little nauseous- it’s nothing. You and Dad can go ahead and see the fireworks.”

“Will you call his cell phone if you need us, then?” Joyce asked, and Buffy nodded. “Alright, take care of yourself.” She kissed her daughter’s forehead before walking out.

Buffy waited for about twenty minutes before beginning to get ready to go meet Spike. After putting on a denim mini-skirt, a lacy black tank top, and black flip-flops, she quickly curled her hair and put on make-up before taking a bus to Colonial Williamsburg.

After getting off the bus, she went to the church and saw Spike sitting on a bench in the cemetery, holding a picnic basket. She grinned and snuck up on him.

“Hey,” she said, noticing the fact he jumped a little before turning around to look at her.

“Hey,” he replied, smirking. “You look nice.”

“Thanks,” she said, slightly blushing. “What’s in the basket?”

“A blanket so we can lay out on the grass, water bottles because it’s hot, and some snacks,” he replied, standing up. “I figure we can find a plot of grass, spread out, and snog until the fireworks begin.” She laughed and linked her arm with his as they began to walk towards a large area of grass, most of it filled with families and couples waiting for the fireworks show, too.

Spike laid out the blanket and sat down before helping Buffy sit down beside him. He brought out the water bottles, candy, chips, and pretzels, getting her to giggle.

“This is so awesome,” she said, kissing his cheek. “Thank you, Spike. For everything.” He grinned and kissed her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders before they both laid back, looking up at the sky. “This has been the best vacation I’ve ever been on.” He smiled when she nuzzled her face into his neck.

“But you go home tomorrow, don’t you?” he asked quietly, and she nodded, looking at him sadly.

“I’m sorry,” she replied. “I wish things were different, but-”

“Don’t,” he said, grazing her cheek. “I understand, pet. Let’s not talk about such depressing matters right now, okay?” She nodded and sighed.

As the fireworks started, Buffy looked at him for a moment, her eyes slightly watery, and leaned over to kiss him. He instantly kissed her back, pulling her closer to him.

Both didn’t want the night to end because they both understood that it would be the last time they were together.

* * * * *

After the fireworks ended, they packed up everything and headed towards Spike’s car since he offered to drive her back to her hotel. As he parked in the lot, he looked at the steering wheel, not ready to say goodbye.

“Would you maybe want to… come up?” she asked quietly, looking at him. He looked at her and saw the hopeful look on her face.

“Sure,” he answered, and they both got out of the car, walking inside the hotel and taking the elevator up to Buffy’s room. She let them inside and put her purse down before kicking off her flip-flops and sitting down on the bed. He walked over to her and sat beside her, both of them silent. She took a deep breath and looked at him.

“Spike, I really like you,” she said. “I know that I don’t know a whole lot about you, and I realize I’ve only known you for a couple of days…” She paused. “And I know I’m leaving tomorrow, but I-”

“I know,” he said, looking at her. “I know what you mean.” She leaned over and wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him, slowly lying back on the bed, resting on a stack of pillows. He held himself up above her and looked into her eyes, seeing a mix of lust and nervousness in them. “We don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to, luv.”

“I want to,” she said, running her hands up under his t-shirt, delighting in the feel of his muscles beneath her fingertips, contracting as the sensation of her touch began to affect him. She pulled off his shirt and leaned up, kissing his collarbone, neck, and shoulders. “I want this.”

“So do I,” he said, gently taking her tank top off and running his hands over her almost-bare torso while she ran her hands over his abs, down to the button of his jeans.

He watched as she popped open the button and slowly slid the zipper down. Her eyes widened as she pushed his jeans down his hips, watching as she freed his erection from its confines. He groaned loudly as she gently ran her fingers up and down his shaft, enjoying the sounds he was making. “If you keep that up, it’ll be over before it ever starts.”

She smiled and sat up, kissing him and letting him take off her bra, tossing it aside. He cupped her breasts gently, almost weighing them in his hands. He laid her back on the bed and kissed a path from her neck down to her nipples, kissing and sucking on both of them. She arched her hips up when he tugged her skirt down, taking it off of her. He ran his hands up her legs, letting them settle on her thighs, as he moved back up her body.

“Are you sure you want to do this, Buffy?”

She nodded, looking up at him. He ran his hands up to her hips and slowly slid her lace thong off, slipping it into the back pocket of his jeans. “I want a souvenir.”

“I don’t,” she said, smirking. “Do you have a condom?” He nodded and fished in his pockets for one. “Did you know this would happen?”

“No,” he answered. “Just hoped it would, is all. And it’s always good to be prepared, yeah?”

“Yeah,” she said, helping him take off his jeans completely. He crawled up her body again and settled between her thighs after putting on the condom. She looked into his eyes as he slowly thrust inside her, not wanting to take things too fast. She tilted her head back in pleasure, moaning quietly. “Oh god, Spike…”

“Am I hurting you?” he asked as he lowered his head down to her ear, partly to help himself stave off from coming too early.

“No,” she answered, running her hands up his back, feeling his muscles move beneath her hands. “It feels amazing.” He smiled and leaned down to kiss her, beginning to move inside of her. She arched her back up, their hips meeting as he thrust inside of her. “I don’t… think I… can last… much longer…”

“Me either,” he groaned as he felt her muscles begin to clench around him. “Come for me, baby.” She moaned as he began pumping harder and felt herself begin to shake, her orgasm washing over her. Spike groaned again as he came, not being able to last as he felt her muscles flutter around him. He practically collapsed on top of her before laying beside her and nuzzling his face into her neck.

Both were breathing heavily, trying to regain their composure. She ran her hand over his back and side, not knowing what to say to him.

‘I might not ever see him again after tonight,’ she thought, trying to fight off the tears that were threatening to form. Spike looked into her eyes and saw them begin to water, instantly becoming concerned.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked, worried. She shook her head and leaned over to kiss him, trying to convey how she felt about him wordlessly. He kissed her back and ran his hand over her hair. “Don’t think about tomorrow, luv. Just think about tonight.”

She nodded and curled up against him, trying to forget the fact she’d be gone the next afternoon.
A Distaste For Planes by Allison
Author's Notes:
Wow- thank you to everyone who reviewed yesterday! Most of you know how much I detest writing sex scenes, but I think some stories really call for them, so oh well LOL Surprisingly, though, I enjoyed writing this one, so I'm happy it worked. The epilogue will be posted tomorrow, and I promise it'll be a happy ending! Enjoy!:)
When Buffy woke up the following morning, she slowly opened her eyes and saw a note on Spike’s pillow. She frowned, looking around the room and noticing that all of his stuff was gone. She quickly opened the note and began to read it.

Sweet Buffy~

I’m sorry I couldn’t be there when you woke up, but I had to be at work early. I would really like to see you before you leave if you can manage it, but if you can’t, I’ll understand. I can’t thank you enough for last night and for every moment we’ve shared. I hope that we will meet again someday, and I will never forget the time we spent together. With all my love,

Spike


She put the letter aside and wiped away the tears that were beginning to form in the corners of her eyes.

She heard a knock on her door and quickly pulled on a bathrobe before opening it, revealing her mother.

“Your father and I want to go into town once more before we leave,” Joyce said. “Do you think you’ll be all packed up in twenty minutes?”

“Sure,” Buffy said. “I’d like to go to town again, too.” Joyce smiled and went back to her room as Buffy shut the door, quickly throwing all of her stuff into her luggage and getting dressed.

Moments later, she dragged her bags into the hallway and followed her parents to the elevator so they could go downstairs and check out. After that, they filled the rental car up with their belongings and drove to the downtown area of Williamsburg for the last time.

Buffy split up from them as soon as she feasibly could, hoping that she’d locate Spike quickly. She’d be meeting up with her parents within twenty minutes, allowing Joyce enough time to buy a painting from a local vendor.

When Buffy saw Spike walking around by the Governor’s Palace, she grinned and quickly made her way to him, not caring if she bumped into people on the way. He spotted her and felt relief wash over him, picking her up in a hug as soon as she was close to him.

“Thank god you came,” he said, running his hand over her hair and kissing her forehead. “I wanted to say good-bye properly, but I had work and-”

“I know,” she replied, taking his hands in hers and squeezing them. “I don’t have a lot of time, but I needed to see you one last time.” He looked at her sadly. “Thank you for last night and for everything else, Spike. You’re the only reason these last few days have been amazing.” He smiled at her, and she returned the gesture before pulling a piece of paper out of her pocket. “Here is my phone number, address, and e-mail address. I’d really like to talk to you again, if you’re interested.” He took the piece of paper from her, grinning as he looked at it before putting it in his pocket.

“Of course I’m interested, Goldilocks,” he said. “You’ve mesmerized me.” She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning up to kiss him. “I’ll be in touch with you soon, Buffy, I promise.” She nodded before he kissed her intensely, not ready to let her walk away for good. She broke away to breathe and looked at her watch.

“I’m so sorry I have to leave,” she said. “But it’s not forever, Spike.” He nodded and kissed her one last time before hugging her to him. “Goodbye.”

“Goodbye,” he whispered, kissing the crook of her neck before looking at her. She fought back tears as she turned and walked away, finding her parents a couple of blocks over, waiting for her.

“Ready to go?” Hank asked, and she looked down, shaking her head. “No?”

“Leaving is the last thing I want to do right now,” she answered. Joyce studied her daughter before patting her shoulder.

“You fell for the Redcoat, didn’t you?” she asked. Buffy looked at her, stunned. “You really think we didn’t see you with that nice-looking boy, sweetheart?” Buffy managed a small smile.

“You both knew and never said anything?” she asked, and Hank smiled at her.

“We wanted you to enjoy yourself,” he said. “I’m sure it hurts that we’re leaving, but that’s just how it is, honey. Vacations always have to come to an end.” She nodded and walked with them to their car, biting back tears all the way to the airport.

* * * * *

Buffy got on the plane, frowning, wishing that she hadn’t come on the vacation in the first place.

‘If I hadn’t come to Williamsburg, I wouldn’t have met Spike, and I would never know what I’m missing,’ she thought, locating her seat and sitting down, putting on her seatbelt as Joyce sat beside her.

About half an hour after take-off, Buffy looked out the window of the plane, staring at the clouds below her.

“So, what’s his name?” Joyce asked curiously. Buffy smiled slightly and looked at her mother.

“William,” she answered. “But his nickname is Spike.” Joyce raised an eyebrow. “I have no idea why.”

‘Well, yes, actually I have an idea why, but she doesn’t need to know that,’ she thought, trying not to smirk.

“He was a re-enactor?” Joyce asked, and Buffy nodded.

“He was a spy,” she said. “They hung him every afternoon as his punishment for the crime.”

“Your father and I watched that the other day,” Joyce replied. “We saw you watching him dreamily, even as they dropped the board from beneath him.” Buffy giggled quietly. “You really like him?”

“Yeah, I really do,” she answered, looking down.

“There’s nothing saying you won’t ever see him again,” her mother said, trying to be consoling.

“I know,” Buffy said, sighing. “But it won’t be like it was.”

“You don’t know that,” Joyce said, and Buffy looked outside once again.

“No, I don’t know that for sure,” she agreed. “But I have a feeling that it’ll never be that amazing again.” She felt tears forming. “That is, if I ever see him again.”
It's Never Over by Allison
Author's Notes:
See the end of the chapter/story...
Six Weeks Later…


Buffy finished replying to an e-mail that Spike had sent her and smiled at the screen, happy that they had kept in contact. They talked on the phone at least twice a week and e-mailed one another daily, which was more than she had expected, but the fact he cared that much meant a lot to her.

‘He could’ve just written me off,’ she thought. ‘But then again, I could’ve done the same thing.’

Minutes later, she stood up from her seat and walked down to the front door after hearing the doorbell ring.

‘Why can’t Mom get it?’ she thought as she reached the bottom landing. ‘I look like I just rolled out of bed. It had better not be anyone important.’

She opened the door and froze as she realized Spike was standing on her doorstep, grinning at her. She grabbed the doorframe, trying to brace herself from fainting.

‘This isn’t real,’ she thought, her eyes wide. ‘That’s not really him. It’s a mirage. He can’t be here. There’s no possible way.’ He saw the emotions change in her eyes and tilted his head, watching her react to seeing him.

“You… you’re here,” she managed to get out, utterly shocked.

‘Great, even my voice is shaking,’ she thought. ‘I sound like a spaz.’ He smiled softly at her.

“Yeah,” he said, coming forward to wrap his arms around her, embracing her closely. “I thought I’d come to see you. You know, like a vacation of sorts.” She smiled and kissed him before shaking her head, looking up at him.

“You should’ve told me!” she said, smirking. “I would’ve cleaned the house or made things nice for you here.”

“Nothing matters here but you,” he replied, grazing her cheek. “I missed you so much, Buffy.” She nuzzled her face into his chest, feeling tears roll down her cheeks. He tilted her chin up and wiped them away with his thumbs. “It feels like it’s been forever since the last time I had you in my arms, luv.”

“I just can’t believe you came here,” she said, running her hands over his shoulders. “It’s like a dream.”

“Dreams are much better than nightmares, right?” he joked, smirking. She nodded vigorously before pulling him into the house. He looked around for a moment before settling his gaze on her once again. “I have a surprise for you, Goldilocks.” They both sat on the couch, facing each other.

“Is it a gift?” she asked excitedly, clapping her hands together. “Because I like gifts.”

“Well, I guess it could be, depending on how you look at it,” he said. She raised an eyebrow as he took a deep breath. “I’m transferring to UC-Sunnydale this fall.” Her jaw slowly dropped as she stared at him, watching as he grinned. “Is that a good reaction?” She squealed as she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

“Are you serious?” she asked, shocked. “You’re going to be here?” He nodded. “Why? I mean, I thought you’d want to return to the mother-country.” She paused. “Spike, London’s your home. Why would you want to be in Sunnydale?”

“To be with you,” he said quietly, and she smiled, tearing up. “Is that okay?”

“I can’t believe you’d move here,” she said, wiping off her eyes. “I mean, that’s huge, Spike.”

“I know,” he replied. “But I was kind of hoping that you’d be willing to make a go of this, the you-and-me thing.” He paused. “Unless you don’t want to… I guess I kind of just assumed you did.” He looked away, running his hand over his hair. “I’m sorry- maybe this was too much too soon.”

“No, it wasn’t,” she said quickly, looking at him. “I want this, too. I want to be with you, William.” He smiled at the use of his real name before kissing her. She climbed onto his lap, resting her hands on his shoulders as she looked into his eyes. “You really want to move to Sunnydale to be with me?” He nodded. “Are you sure?”

“Absolutely positive,” he replied. “I want to spend every day with you, see you, be with you. I don’t want us to be over.”

“I just can’t imagine why you’d give up everything to be with me,” she said. “I’m not worth all of this, Spike.” He frowned and cupped her cheeks in his hands.

“You’re worth more than everything I have,” he said. “Don’t ever say otherwise.” She smiled sheepishly and leaned forward, resting her forehead against his. “So you’ll be with me?”

“Of course I will,” she answered. “I can’t ever thank you enough for doing something like this. It’s… the best thing anyone has ever done for me.” He grinned widely and kissed her, laying her back on the couch.

They were kissing for a while before they heard clapping off to the side. They broke apart quickly to see Joyce standing in the doorway, watching them with a smile on her face.

“So, you’re the infamous Redcoat that stole my daughter’s heart?” Joyce asked, and Spike smiled, standing up and shaking her hand. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“You, too,” he said. Buffy got up and walked over to them, leaning into his side as he wrapped his arm around her waist. “Buffy told you about me?”

“My parents saw you and I together,” Buffy replied, and he looked at her, surprised. “Yep, it seems as though I wasn’t stealthy enough.” He chuckled and kissed her temple.

“So, what brings you here?” Joyce asked. “Just on a vacation?”

“No,” he answered, looking at Buffy. “I’ll be here forever.”


THE END




A/N Once again, I must thank Katie for giving me this idea and causing me to get out of my writing slump. After ranting for countless hours about my distaste for family vacations, it seems as though some good has come out of it:) I wish I had met a guy like Spike when I was in Williamsburg, but alas, I had no such luck. Plus, I highly recommend Williamsburg to any history buff (yes, couldn’t help writing that) out there- it’s a nice place to visit, especially around the 4th of July. I hope you enjoyed this mini-fic, and I’ll start posting my newest story Coeducation Is Overrated on Friday! Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed- I genuinely appreciate it! I can't even begin to express how shocked I was by the number of reviews for chapter 6- you all blew me away! Have a good day/night!:)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=12763