The Right Thing To Do by DrkDevin
Summary: Different ending to First Date. Spike decides it'd be better if he left.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1884 Read: 1396 Published: 11/24/2005 Updated: 11/24/2005

1. The Right Thing To Do by DrkDevin

The Right Thing To Do by DrkDevin
Author's Notes:
A little warning, the story is Spuffy, but it's not a happy ending. Reviews are appreciated.

Banner by edgehead. Thanks, love!

Disclaimer: Don't own. Didn't happen.
He knew it was unfair. He knew he shouldn't do this. But he was weak.

Spike walked through the door, mind set on one thing. He had to have her, make love to her, one more time. He just hoped she wouldn't say no.

The house was unusually quiet except for the music coming from the basement. He didn't recognize the singer, probably one of those college acts that her, Red, and Glinda used to go to.

He'd never say anything but he missed those times, missed Tara and the way that with just her look and that cute little twitch-smile, he knew that she knew what was going on.

Stupid wanker, that Warren guy was.

Hell Spike knew that he would miss them all.

Red, and her nervousness, not even after she almost destroyed the world and knew how powerful a witch she was, had changed from how he remembered her all those years ago when he had kidnapped her and the Whelp.

He'd probably miss the Whelp and the Watcher as well.

He'd miss the potentials and their teenage clomping feet, Andrew and his talk about movies released before he was even born, he'd probably miss the other slayer, too.

But the one he would miss the most would be the Bit.

His best friend, if he ever had one.

He swore to protect her till the end of the world, but Bit had grown up she didn't need protecting anymore.

He sighed and looked around the living room at the sleeping girls before walking to the kitchen and into the basement, closing and locking the door behind him. For what he was about to do, he didn't need any interruptions.

She was sitting down on the cot shifting through some information or another on The First and whatever army stood behind him. This is the right thing to do. He repeated over and over in his mind. If he stayed he put the scoobies and the potentials in more danger.

He knew the warning that the First had given Andrew was intended for him, taunting him, 'You're my bitch and when I say the word, you'll kill them all.' Not something a bloke can ignore. He got the message alright and he was doing the right thing.

This is the right thing to do. He said one more time before his thoughts were interrupted.

"You gonna stand there all night or what?"

Damn Slayer senses. He took a deep breath and walked down the rest of the stairs, knowing what he had to do. He walked over to her and stood at her feet.

This is the right thing to do.

Her hair was in a ponytail, something he hadn't seen in a while, usually it was down for work, or up, in a bun, for slaying. She was wearing a white tank top and black sweats. He could tell she had been training.

"What?" Buffy asked. Spike was starting to creep her out. He'd been staring at her for the past few minutes not saying a word.

Spike smiled softly, reaching his hand and taking the papers out of her hands, setting them down on the ground.

This is the right thing to do.

Placing his other hand on the wall he leaned forward towards Buffy. She licked her lips in anticipation and permission for the kiss that he was about to give her.

Spike placed his lips softly on top of hers. He sighed into the kiss before deepening it and grabbing the slayer by the waist and pulling her flush against his body to a standing position.

This is the right thing to do.

He shook his head. Now wasn't a time for thinking. Right now all he wanted to do was feel. Get lost in the feeling of his girl in his arms, because if there was one thing he knew it was that Buffy belonged to him. Sure the claim in her neck still screamed of Angelus, but her body, her mind, her soul, her heart, even if she'd never admit it, was his.

Spike slipped his hands under the white tank top and up her sides bringing the cotton jail that held her breasts imprisoned from him up. Separating from her lips, he removed the tank top and flung it back over his shoulder.

"Spike?" Buffy questioned him, confusion marring her beautiful face, even when her eyes screamed of lust.

"Shh, love." He replied and pressed his lips to hers again.

Spike ran his hands up and down her back. The softness of her skin promising something that he would never have again.

"I want to make love to you, Buffy." He whispered against her lips. He trailed kisses up her jaw. "Can I?" He asked, his breath cold on her ear.

Buffy nodded her approval and let Spike lay her down on the bed.

"My sweet Buffy." He mumbled and looked into her eyes.

Buffy could see the unshed tears shining in Spike's blue eyes. She wanted to voice her concerns but lost all train of though as he nuzzled against her neck, kissing, biting, licking, as his hands found the perfect roundness of her breasts.

Spike opened his eyes and began to trail kisses down her collar bone. He kissed the hollow of her neck as his hands roamed her body, feeling, memorizing. He licked his way down her stomach, kissing, snuggling it's softness. He looked up to see Buffy, her head back, eyes closed.
"Open your eyes, kitten." He said, voice drunk with emotion. Buffy opened her eyes and looked at him. Spike glided his way back up to her. He placed a soft kiss against her lips. "Promise me something."

Buffy nodded.

"Tonight, you won't close your eyes. I want you to see how I worship you."

Buffy reached up and nuzzled her face against his. "I promise." She whispered in his ear before laying back down.

Spike smiled softly. He worked his way back down and took a hardened nipple into the coolness of his mouth.

Buffy never knew this was gonna be the hardest promise she would ever have to make. All she wanted was to close her eyes and get lost in the sensations Spike was causing. She leaned up on her elbows and watched as Spike kissed his way to her other nipple teasing, biting, pulling it the same way before he made his way down to the waistband of her pants. He kissed his way down her legs while pulling her sweatpants and flimsy underwear down.

Spike kissed the arches of her feet and licked his way to her inner thigh, leaving open mouth kisses here and there.

Buffy could feel the vampire's cool breathe as he blew softly on her trimmed cleft. He could smell the intoxicating scent of her arousal and felt tears prickle his eyes.

This is the right thing to do. He reminded himself and closed his eyes to hide their grief as he buried his face in her mound.

Spike ran his tongue against her pink folds and softly took her nubbin into his mouth. He held it gently between his teeth, his lips closed around it, and flicked it softly with his tongue. He could feel Buffy arch into his mouth and instead of pushing her hips down he welcomed her movement. As selfish as he was being by making her his one last time, it was still all about, and all for, her.

Tonight he would deny her nothing.

He suckled softly on her clit and softly placed his finger at her opening, running it in circles. He slowly brought his finger inside of her and pumped it to the rhythm of his suckling, before switching, bringing his tongue to tease and thrust into her silky opening. He relaxed his tongue and lapped at the rich fluid that was awarded.

Buffy ran her hands through his hair, softly pulling and playing with the soft curls Spike had allowed to show today. She blinked her eyes trying to keep the tears at bay. He felt so good and it was getting harder to separate her moans from the sobs. Sometimes both mixing.

Heaven. She though as she climaxed. Spike was heaven and her heart was breaking in happiness to know that she was feeling the peace of death, even a petit one, once again.

Buffy fluttered her eyes open, as she came to, and was met with the nude form, lightning blue eyes and the cocky smile of Spike as he realized he hadn't lost his touch.

She smiled tenderly at him as he placed himself at her opening and, bringing his lips down to hers, slowly slid into her warmth.

Spike broke the kiss and placed his forehead against hers and looked into her emerald eyes as his hands roamed about her body, as if to memorize it.

Buffy looked into his love filled eyes and realized what Spike was doing.

This was goodbye.

Spike saw the realization in her eyes and brought his lips to hers before she could voice her fears. He could feel her inner walls start to flutter around him and knew that she was close.

The blazing sensation she felt in her womb as she neared her orgasm, duelled the burning emotion of the tears that were threatening to spill.

Spike's pace quickened, and he buried his face in her neck, vowing promises and whispering words of love, as he felt his own release approaching. He slithered his hand in between them. Reaching her warm centre he rubbed his thumb on the small bundle of nerves the way he knew she liked.

They reached their peak simultaneously in a fury of moans, whimpers, and tears. Something that Spike had heard about but never experienced.

"Spike?" Buffy asked in a choked voice.

Spike looked up and could see her tears caressing her cheeks. He kissed them away, oblivious to his own tears, and whispered an 'I love you' before leaving the warm safety of her embrace. He stood and pulled on his pants and boots. Ignoring her questions and her inquiring stare, he put his shirt on and walked towards the stairs. He paused for a few seconds, his jaw twitching before he looked back at her. Sitting on the cot, sheet pulled up to cover her nude form.

Spike closed his eyes and shook his head.

"This is the right thing to do." He mumbled to himself and walked up the stairs. Opening the door and walking into the kitchen he ran into Willow.

"Spike?" She asked, worry creasing her brow. He sighed.

"She needs you, Red." He said and made his was towards the door. Opening it, he took one last look around the house where so many of his memories were made, and walked out.

Calling himself a coward, he headed towards the motorcycle, and as he drove past the 'Now Leaving Sunnydale' sign the only thought in his mind was that 'this was the right thing to do.'
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=15762