Wants and Needs by facingthesun
Summary: A season 2 story, where Buffy and Spike come together to have meaningless sex, but afterward they can’t stop thinking about each other. It starts dark, but ends pretty light.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 17467 Read: 7577 Published: 01/01/2006 Updated: 01/01/2006
Part II by facingthesun
Title: Wants and Needs
Pairing: Season 2 Spike/Buffy
Rating: NC17
Summary: Part I takes place after Passion, Part II takes place at the beginning of I Only Have Eyes for You, and Part III takes place somewhere during Becoming Parts I & II.
Disclaimers: Dialogue borrowed from I Only Have Eyes for You and the Becoming episodes. I own nothing. Thank you to Joss for letting me play without being sued.
Gift for: reciprocity_, who wanted cannon, w/ bite/claim & NC17
Beta’d: yes
Finished: yes



Part II

“Buffy; Earth to Buffy. Can you hear me?”

“No, but I can smell you. What the hell is on your fingers, Xand?” Buffy asked, batting her friend’s hand away after he snapped in her face.

“That would be nacho cheese,” Willow answered, reaching forward to retrieve her own gooey chip. “You should have one. They’re really yummy.”

“No thanks. You guys...um, would you mind if I bailed? I’m not in the mood to party. Would you take a rain check?”

“But this is a rain check, Buff. This is the rain check of your last rain check. This is a rain check check. If we had another, it’d be a rain check check check.”

“I see,” Buffy said, forcing a smile in response to Xander’s joke.

“What’s wrong?” Willow asked. “Are you not feeling well?”

“I’m having trouble sleeping. When I do sleep I have these dreams...and when I’m awake, I can’t get them out of my head.”

“Are they prophetic?”

“God, I hope not.” A stubborn blush colored Buffy’s cheeks and she looked down at her soda, hoping that her friends wouldn’t notice her embarrassment. “They just have one recurring, uh, demon in them--.”

“Is it Angel?”

“No, no.”

“You should tell Giles then.”

“Yeah, maybe the demon is stalking you through your dreams or something,” Xander said with a mouthful of cheese.

“No—wait, is that really possible? Can Sp-the demon get into my dreams somehow? That’d explain a few things...” As she contemplated the possibilities, her hand traveled to her neck as if it had a life of its own. Even though she was wearing a scarf and high collared jacket, the scars that Spike had given her tingled and demanded her touch. “Maybe I should give Giles a visit,” Buffy decided, clasping her hands together prior to hiding them in her lap. “In fact, maybe I should go now.”

“And she’s off…”

“Bye, guys. Rain check!”
***

Buffy was almost out of the Bronze when she heard someone call her name.

“Hey, Buffy! Wait up!”

“Can I help you?” she asked, turning to face a boy that she didn’t recognize. “I’m kinda on my way somewhere and--.”

“I won’t keep you long. I’m Ben. We were in algebra together… do you remember me?”

“Algebra...”

“With Ms. Jackson? Second period? You sat three over and one behind?”

“Uh...you mean the class with the desks and the chalkboards and pencils and stuff, right?”

“Oh, it’s okay if you don’t remember. I can barely remember myself,” Ben laughed. “So, I was wondering, you know the dance tomorrow night? Are you going?”

“You mean the Sadie Hawkins thing? The deal where the girls ask the boys?”

“Yeah and I thought maybe, you know, if you're free, you might...ask me.”

“Oh, gosh...” Buffy exhaled, knowing that their conversation was not going to end on a pleasant note. “I...uh, Ben...”

“Oh, oh, hey,” Ben said, holding up his hand, “hey, no, don't, don't worry about it...”

“No, you seem like a really great guy, it's...me. I-I'm not seeing anybody.”

“Oh, that’s--.”

“I’m not seeing anybody ever again actually,” Buffy said in all sincerity. “Never. No dating, no boys, n-no sex, no nothing!”

“Oh...well, uh, good luck with that. I’ll just...be going.”

“Bye,” Buffy said with a pout. “God, I’m a freak.”

Sighing, Buffy headed out of the Bronze into the dark back alley. “Could I be anymore lame?”

“Would you really like an answer to that?”

At the sound of the familiar cocky voice, Buffy’s eyes widened and she froze mid-stride.

“Aren’t you going to treat me to a welcoming kiss?”

“Spike, go to hell.”

“I’ve missed you too, darling.” Stepping out of the shadows, Spike tossed the cigarette that he had been smoking onto the ground before snuffing it with his boot. “Heard what you said to that boy. The poor sod never stood a chance. Wasn’t at all your type.”

“And how would you know my type?”

“It’s just—you know what they say, right? Once you go vamp, you never go back, but, ah, wait a minute,” he paused to chuckle, “you’ve never had a real boy in you. Seems like the Slayer needs a little monster in her man.”

“What are you doing here? What part of ‘I’ll break your legs’ do you not understand?”

“Has anyone told you that you look downright delectable when you’re spouting empty threats?” Giving his lower lip a flirtatious bite, he reached forward to stroke Buffy’s face. “You won’t hurt a hair on my head. No, not now, not that we’re lovers.”

Instead of moving out of his reach, Buffy allowed him to touch her cheek for a few seconds before she attacked. She punched him twice, once on his jaw and once on his nose.

“Hey! What was that for?!”

“I told you,” Buffy tried to hit him again, but Spike captured her fist before it could strike his body, “I-I told you to stay away from me.”

“I know what you said, but it’s easier said than done.” Dropping her hand, he wiped the blood that was gathering under his right nostril. “Fuck, did you have to break my nose? Give me your scarf.”

“What?”

“I’m bleeding like a faucet here. I need something to sop it up.”

“No. No way.”

“You could do without the damn thing. I know what you’re trying to hide. I gave you the scars, Buffy.”

Buffy blinked, not used to Spike calling her by her given name. “Find something else. Do you know how hard it is to get blood out of cashmere?”

“You’re nothing but a rotten, good-for-nothing—hey, did you hear that?”

“Hear what? Spike--.”

“Quiet,” he whispered, holding up his palm. “Sod it all. They’re looking for me.”

“Who?”

“Who do you think? Dru and Angel. They went off to get a bite to eat…shit, bet they found my chair with me not in it.”

“You’re still using your chair? Why?”

“Be quiet,” Spike snapped, snatching her scarf from her neck.

“Hey! Oh, great you’ve ruined it,” she said, frowning once he used her scarf as a tissue. “You’re so disgusting.”

“If they find us…we need to hide.”

“No, you need to hide. I’m leaving.” She turned on her heel, but didn’t get far before Spike grabbed her arm, yanking her into his chest. He covered her mouth with his palm and held her so tightly that she found it difficult to breathe.

“I’m not done with you yet. I came to see you for a reason. We’re going to hide, we’ll talk, and then you can leave, alright?” Not waiting for an answer, Spike dragged Buffy through the alley and into the nearest building.
***

Buffy thrashed from side to side and tried her best to scream with Spike’s hand over her mouth. She tried to kick and wave her arms frantically, but it just led to Spike holding her with more crushing force.

“Keep it up and I’ll squeeze the life out of you. It’ll be no one’s fault but your own.”

Buffy stopped for moment, allowing her chest to heave as she sucked oxygen through her nose.

“You don’t have to carry on like this. Never said once that I’d hurt you. Not that it isn’t tempting…but no, I’m going to help you,” he laughed. “I’m going to help you, Slayer.”

“Really? For what in return?” Buffy snapped, once he raised his hand from her lips.

“A little of this and that, but we’ll pound that out later.”

“W-what do you mean by pound?”

Chuckling, Spike slammed the door behind them with his free hand. “I’m going to let you go. Hit me, I’ll hit back. If you’d like to be useful, you can lend a hand as I barricade the door.”

“Like I’d help you trap me in here. What is this place anyway?”

“It’s a room with four walls.”

“Well, thank you, Mister Obvious.” Buffy rolled her eyes and rubbed the spot on her waist where Spike had dug his fingers. “I didn’t know you were so afraid of Angel…”

“I am not afraid of Angel.”

“So, you’re barricading the door in fear of Drusilla?”

“No,” he growled, sliding a set of metal drawers in front of the door.

“I thought you were going to kill Angel. Oh, but then that’d be you keeping a promise…”

“I am going to kill him! Think about it. I’ve been pretending to be in that chair. If they saw me walking around and talking to you…talk about betrayal. Then I plan on telling you about the bloody Acathla. If Dru found out… Then I slept with you because I was impatient about my legs… I’m not afraid, but I’m not stupid either.”

“Acathla?”

“We’ll get to it!” With another growl, he shoved a desk into the other furniture. “I can only handle one thing at a time!”

“I think the door’s officially blocked,” Buffy said, crossing her arms over her chest. “How long will we wait?”

“For as long as it takes.”

“Oh, goody. Can you use your vampire super eyeballs and tell me what’s in here? All I see is black and I’d like to sit down.”

“You can’t see anything?”

“No.”

“Really?”

Buffy gasped as he brushed against her back. “Touch me again and I’ll--.”

“You hit, I hit back and who has the advantage of vampire super eyeballs?”

“Shut up.”

“We came through an office, remember? So, I’d say with the file cabinets and desk and all, we’re in a storage closet. Back up two steps and move once to the right and there’s a chair.”

“If I believe you--.” When he came close to her for a second time, she was more alert and grasped him by the shoulders. “Don’t.”

“Back up two steps,” Spike repeated, placing a hand on each side of her waist as he guided her to the chair. “Move one step to the right. Now sit.”

“Uh…”

“There’s no need to thank me.”

“Where are you?”

“Right here.”

“Well, that helps.”

“Doesn’t your Watcher train you to fight in the dark?”

She opened her mouth to respond, but stopped when a tiny flame lit the room. She could see Spike sitting on the floor with his back propped against the far-side wall.

“Hey, cutie, need a light?” Spike asked, a cigarette bobbing between his lips.

“No, thanks,” Buffy whispered.

“You’re staring.”

“You’re the only thing that I can see.”

“This better?” He flipped the cap of the lighter closed, leaving the room pitch black again except for the red tip of his burning cigarette.

“What’s Acathla?”

“A big rock.”

“Sounds scary.”

“A big rock that’ll suck all humanity off the planet, leaving Earth as a playground for all the nasties to take over.”

“Oh. But, wait, if all humanity—I’m assuming that you mean humans—is gone, what will the vampires feed on?”

“Good question. See why I’m telling you this?”

“Exactly why are you telling me this?”

“So, we can stop it!”

“We?”

“Will you stop with the twenty bloody questions? Angelus can’t get the rock to work, alright? But he’s getting closer to opening it everyday. We, meaning you and me, need to stop him.”

“You want to save the world?”

“Slayer…”

“Sorry. Continue.”

“We stop Angel. We kill Angel. I leave with Dru. Your secret leaves with me. Nobody will know we had sex, nobody will know that you let me bite you. The end.”

“You’ve got it all figured out.”

“I’d say that it’s an offer that you can’t refuse.”

“How do I know that you won’t ditch me when the fighting starts? You could only take me so far and run off with your precious Dru the ho bag, leaving me to take on Angel alone. You haven’t kept your word about anything yet--.”

“I haven’t said a word--.”

“You told me that you’d kill Angel for me! You promised me that you’d treat me right!”

“You’re still sore about that?”

“You treated me like garbage,” Buffy spat, thankful for the dark as tears welled in her eyes.

“What did you expect? Me to whisper sweet nothings into your ear?”

“You could’ve been decent afterward!”

“I offered to stay--.”

“After telling me that I wasn’t as bad as you expected! How could you say that after what I went through with Angel?”

“I hate to break it to you, but your feelings weren’t high on my list of priorities. We were enemies, Slayer.”

“And we aren’t now?” Buffy asked, wiping away the tears that slid down her cheeks. She waited for an answer and panicked when the light from his cigarette suddenly disappeared. “Spike? Spike, why won’t you answer me?”

Even though she was listening carefully for the sound any movements, Buffy was taken by surprise when he pulled her off the chair she was sitting in. “Hey! What are you doing?!”

“If I had acted differently, do you really think you’d be any less pissed? Then your holier-than-thou song and dance would be shot to hell.”

“T-that’s not true.”

“Prove it.”

“Uh…”

“Prove it,” he said, more slowly. When Buffy stayed idle, he took matters into his own hands by giving her a deep kiss.

Not sure if it was because of her haunting dreams or because of the blinding darkness, Buffy didn’t push him away. Responding wholeheartedly to his smoky lips and tongue, Buffy melted into Spike’s chest.

“Buffy?”

“Don’t say anything. Just kiss me,” she demanded, finding his mouth again.

Feeding off of her enthusiasm, Spike tugged her jacket off her shoulders. A noise escaped from his throat once he found that she was wearing a thin halter that was tied on with the support of nothing but a flimsy bow.

“What are you waiting for?” Buffy asked, stopping their kiss. “It isn’t knotted. Want me to get it for you?”

“What game are you playing here?” Spike hissed, finding her wrists and holding them firmly at her sides. “What are you up to?”

“What are you talking about?”

“One minute you’re pissed and with the next you’re trying to lick my tonsils and practically begging for me to strip you.”

“Do you have a problem with that?”

“No—well—no.”

“Then let’s continue from where we left off…” Wrapping her arms around his neck, Buffy kissed his chin on accident before brushing brief kisses against his lips. “Wish I could see…”

“Wish granted,” Spike said, reaching up to pull a chain that was connected to a light bulb.

“Hey, you didn’t tell me that was there!”

“You didn’t ask. Does it change everything for you? Can’t pretend that I’m Angel any longer, yeah?”

“I’m not doing that!” Rubbing her eyes, Buffy struggled to see under the garish light of the bare bulb. “I’m not pretending anything!”

“You want me, do you?” With a quick, graceful movement he pulled at the strings of her shirt, leaving her back exposed. Keeping his eyes glued on hers, he reached forward to pet and tease her nipples as they pebbled under their thin drapery. “This won’t go any further if you don’t admit it. Let me hear the words.”

“I want you.”

“And she didn’t even stutter,” Spike said, sounding impressed.

“I’ve been dreaming about you.”

“So, you want a reenactment of your wet dreams? A little role playing?”

“I like you so much more when you’re quiet.”

“She likes me,” he snorted. “This is new.”

“I find you…almost tolerable!”

“You know, with all the screaming that you’ve been doing, if Angelus were hunting me down, we would’ve been caught a long time ago.”

“Oh? Does that mean--.”

“It means I’ll let you go…if you want to go that is.” With a flick of his wrist, Buffy’s shirt pooled at her feet. “The choice is yours.”

“I want to stay,” Buffy whispered. “If I stay, you won’t tell?”

“What happens in our storage closet will stay in our storage closet.”

“You’ll be decent?”

“Haven’t I been this time around?”

“No. Look at the bruises that you gave me.” Buffy pointed to the discolored mark on her side. “That hurt.”

“You hitting my nose hurt.”

“About that…I, uh, guess that I’m sorry.”

“Damn, you must be having some powerful dreams, baby. Fine. I guess that I’m sorry as well.”

Buffy felt a smile tug on her lips. “Are we going to do something or am I going to stand here topless all night?”
***

“Do you believe in signs?”

“No.”

“How about kawinkidinks?”

“Slayer…”

“I just can’t get over the fact that this place has a bed.”

“It’s a cot.”

“A nicely sized cot that happens to be both sturdy and comfy.”

“Don’t make me roll you onto the floor.”

“Try it,” Buffy said, pulling Spike’s shirt over his head. The action left his hair sticking up and Buffy couldn’t stop herself from running her fingers through it. “I’d be outta here so fast…”

“But your itch wouldn’t be scratched. That’s what you’re here for, right?”

“What are you here for?” When he failed to answer, Buffy frowned, thinking that he was avoiding her question. “Spike?”

“Got to get you out of my system,” he murmured, pushing her back so she was lying flat. He kissed a line along from her belly button to the valley between her breasts. “Got to deal with my own nightmares.”

“Nightmares?”

“You call them dreams. I call ‘em nightmares. Stay still.”

“You,” Buffy let out a moan once she heard her underwear rip, “you’re having…them too? So you aren’t, eh, stalking me when I sleep or anything like that?”

“Yeah,” he snorted, “that’s me, the sodding sandman. What a bunch of rot, that is.”

“Spike, what—Spike!” At the first lick from his tongue, Buffy shot up. She tugged her long skirt up to find Spike grinning between her legs.

“And you say that I treated you poorly. It sounds to me like Angel wasn’t much better. He got right to the shagging, yes? Poor baby never got her first taste of foreplay.”

“I…Spike!”

“Relax,” Spike instructed, pushing on her stomach. “Stop your squeezing too. I feel like my head’s been caught in a bloody vice.”

“Sorry, but you should’ve warned me.”

“Put your hands on my shoulders or in my hair if you want, since you’ve already messed it up. That way you’ll know what I’m doing and you can even guide me if you’d like.”

“Okay,” Buffy swallowed. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time, she eagerly dug her fingers in his hair and waited for the next jolt to her core. “Whenever you’re ready, I’ll be—gah, Spike!”

“Slayer, never knew you as a screamer,” Spike chuckled briefly before returning to her clit. Each time he suckled the mound or swiped it with his tongue, noises and whimpers escaped involuntarily from her mouth. In less than five minutes he had her trembling and on the cusp of orgasm.

“What? What? Don’t do that.”

Ignoring her demands, Spike hastily rubbed the same spot with two fingers until she came seconds later.

“God, Spike, that was…I can’t even think of a good word. My brain’s all mushy.” Looking down, she motioned for him to come closer.

“Don’t tell me we have to cuddle now.”

“Would it really be so bad?” she asked, searching his eyes. “You’re okay with us having sex and all, but you can’t handle the thought of just holding me? Would it threaten your ego that much?”

“Now, pet, we never said anything about--.”

“Never mind. Forget it. What was I thinking? We don’t actually care for each other. We don’t even like each other. We’re just having sex. Mindless, lust-driven sex.”

“We both hope to feed our own…temporary needs…desires,” Spike added, his face blank. “And then we’ll go our separate ways.”

“Well, I’m feeling pretty satisfied,” Buffy announced, untangling herself from his body. “Maybe I should go. Then we can get the ball rolling on that whole, ‘going our separate ways’ deal.”

“Buffy…”

“Unless, you still, um, need feeding…” Not able to look him in the eye, she scooted to the corner of the cot that was farthest away from Spike. “Wouldn’t want to leave you hungry. That’d be rude.”

“You can stop the puns. Do you always get your way with that pout? Guilting people into doing whatever you want?”

“It’s a good thing you don’t have a…conscience…then,” Buffy struggled with the last words as Spike wrapped his arms around her waist. Neither of them said anything as she turned and crawled into his lap. Even though she felt awkward, Buffy forced herself to relax. She rested her head on his shoulder and scooted deeper into his chest. “Just for a few minutes,” she whispered. “Just a few, Spike, then we can go back to the other stuff.”
***

Spike struggled to stay distant, knowing that if he were too willing or too eager that Buffy would connect the dots. She’d realize that Angelus was never trying to find him, that the cot wasn’t a coincidence, and that he planed the whole night in hopes of recreating the fantasies that had been haunting him night after night. As much as he was drawn to her warm skin, deep breaths, and quick heartbeat, Spike kept his hands glued to Buffy's lower back.

"I never plan on admitting this again, repeat it and I'll deny that I said a word, but...this is nice."

Spike bit his lip as she squirmed in his lap. The swelling in his pants was already throbbing, but as she stroked and sweetly kissed his shoulder, the pressure against his zipper was becoming unbearable.

“Buffy, pet--.”

“Don’t ruin this by talking. I start to have a good time, but then you make me mad by talking and making your usual snide remarks.”

“Sorry,” he mumbled. With careful fingers, he danced up her spine and combed through her hair. “I’d say that it isn’t my intention, but...”

“It’d be a huge lie,” Buffy laughed, wiggling again.

“May I ask what you’re doing?”

“You’re poking me. I’m getting ready to…” she paused to open his pants. “You’re okay with that, right?”

“A little more than okay.”

“Can we lie down? It’s not that I’m not comfy, but since we have a bed, we should use it.”

Nodding, he scooped her up and positioned them so he was hovering over her body. “This alright?”

“It’s perfect,” she said, flashing him a small grin. Her smile grew once he slid inside her with one push forward.

"You like that, Slayer?"

"Do I really have to say ‘duh’?" Capturing his face between her palms, Buffy kissed him at unhurried pace as they began to rock together. She kept her eyes on his and made every attempt to match each move that he made.

“You’re really something,” he groaned, taking a break from their endless kissing so she could take a few much needed breaths.

“A good something or a bad something?”

“You’re gorgeous.”

“Say what?”

“Beautiful. Witty. Stronger than any blonde bit of fluff should be…”

“Compliments…you’re giving me compliments? Has your penis taken over your brain?”

“I’ve actually been wondering the same thing lately.” Laughing softly, he buried his head into her chest. “Never thought I’d find something more enjoyable than fighting a Slayer…but that was before I tasted one. Before I felt one inside and out.”

“Oh, now I understand. You don’t want to have sex with me; you just have this sick fascination with doing a Slayer. I’m glad that that’s cleared up now.”

“That’s not what I meant,” he hissed, adding more force behind his thrusts. “Must you twist my words?”

“Y-you think that I’m beautiful? Really?”

“Yes.” Spike watched in awe as the smile returned to her face as quickly as it had faded. “You’re extraordinarily beautiful, Buffy.”

“I like it when you say my name,” she whispered, shutting her eyes as the initial waves of orgasm shook her body. “Don’t tell anyone…but I think you’re beautiful too.”

“Oh?”

“Damn your cheekbones.”

When she cried out and grabbed his shoulders, Spike took the opportunity to rest his forehead against hers as his own release hit. The gesture brought Buffy’s eyes back open and she studied his face until he collapsed, spent.

“I blame your hair too. You have stupid hair. Stupid, stupid…soft, touchable hair.”

“Buffy,” he tried to roll away, but was held still. Buffy tangled her arms and legs firmly around his body. “Alright, I’m guessing that you don’t want me to move anytime soon.”

“I’m starting to think that hell would freeze over if a guy stayed the night… I mean, am I destined to go through all my morning afters alone?”

“Slayer--.”

“Buffy,” she corrected. “And yes, you don’t even have to ask, I want you to stay. Stay with me until morning.”

“What about the sun?”

“Well, we can get up before sunrise. I have to be home before my mom wakes up anyway.”

“You sure about this?”

“Positive. I’m…inviting you to stay. It’s up to you if you choose to do so.”

“I’d say that it’s an offer that I can’t refuse.”
******
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16387