Where There's a Will There's a Way by bloody_bint
Summary: Four years after the murder and Spike still can't talk about it. Will the arrival of Buffy Summers at Sunnydale High change that? Buffy and her brothers are new to the small town and she is certain Spike Giles has something to hide. Though perhaps Buffy does as well?
*Winnner: Bloody Colonials Award (Alternative Universe) @ the RWS Awards*
*Winner: Lonley School Award (Best High School fic) @ the CoH Awards*

Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 50695 Read: 40729 Published: 01/05/2006 Updated: 04/12/2009

1. Taking the Field by bloody_bint

2. Positions by bloody_bint

3. Knowing the Score by bloody_bint

4. Settling the Score by bloody_bint

5. Scoring by bloody_bint

6. Penalty Shot by bloody_bint

7. Defence by bloody_bint

8. Pep Talks by bloody_bint

9. Match by bloody_bint

10. Eyes Off the Ball by bloody_bint

11. Teammates by bloody_bint

12. Game Plan by bloody_bint

13. Home field advantage by bloody_bint

14. Take one for the team by bloody_bint

15. Overtime by bloody_bint

16. Score Card by bloody_bint

17. Re- Match by bloody_bint

18. Work Out by bloody_bint

19. Rookie by bloody_bint

20. Fouled by bloody_bint

21. Loss by bloody_bint

22. Past Plays by bloody_bint

23. Coaching by bloody_bint

24. Time Out by bloody_bint

25. Play Off by bloody_bint

26. Insult for Injuries by bloody_bint

27. Playing Dirty by bloody_bint

28. Practice makes perfect by bloody_bint

29. Substitution by bloody_bint

30. Winning Season by bloody_bint

31. Going Pro by bloody_bint

Taking the Field by bloody_bint
Author's Notes:
*Previously posted in entirety at BSC a couple years ago. Posting it here before posting my new stories :-)*
*All human AU,*
Chapter 1: Taking the Field

Buffy lifted herself off of the sticky vinyl seat and hopped down from the stuffy moving truck that had been her prison for the last few hours. Her gaze moved from her crumpled skirt towards the modest two-story home in front of her.

“Home sweet home,” she mumbled to herself while wrinkling her nose and forcing her sunglasses up until they perched on top of her head.

“So what do you think honey,” Buffy’s mother placed a reassuring hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“No, it’s great,” it came out quicker then she had anticipated.

“No? It’s great? Not what I was hoping for but I’ll take it.” Joyce almost laughed the words as she kissed Buffy’s forehead. “Now go on, you haven’t seen your brother’s for…” Joyce was cut off as Buffy sprinted for the house. “But then I expect you to unpack young lady!” The request went unnoticed.

Buffy burst through the front door and had only a moment to appreciate the warm feel of her new home before she was scooped up into welcoming arms.

“How’s my faaaavorite sister today!” Xander held her tightly as he accentuated the greeting. “I think you grew while I was away, yep definitely bigger Buffy.”

“I’m your only sister DOOFUS, now put me DOWN and do I need to have that talk with you again about things to not say to girls?” She slapped her twin playfully, but threw her arms around his neck all the same.

“Looks like princess has finally entered her castle.” Buffy’s eyes lit up at the sound of her older brother’s voice.

“Angel!” Buffy almost leapt out of Xander’s arms.

“Cool it Buff, the Xand-man might be deceivingly strong and masculine, but OWE.” Xander whined the last part as he handed her over to Angel’s waiting arms.

“Hey Buffy, missed you.” Buffy snuggled into his chest as he kissed on top her head.

“I missed you both so much!” She pulled both her brothers in for a hug before releasing them. “How has practice been?” The sideways smile and arched eyebrow didn’t go unnoticed by either brother.

“You know Buff-ster same ole’ thing, me kicking some serious butt,” a goofy smiled played on his lips as he karate chopped the air for emphasis.

“He’ll be lucky if I even play him this year.” This time it was Angel’s turn to smile.

Veeeeery funny… you ARE joking right, cause I’ve been KILLING myself the last couple weeks with the running, and the suppressing the urge to vomit.” The worried look on Xander’s face made both of his siblings laugh simultaneously.

“Speaking of it, how are you liking being assistant coach?” She choked the question out through her waning laughter.

“I miss hitting the field myself, but I don’t mind showing little boys like this a thing or two.” Angel grabbed his younger brother’s arm as it half-heartedly swung through the air towards his much larger frame.

“You know you MIGHT have a lot going for you, like good looks, a seemingly effortless charm AND you’re a pretty snazzy dresser but I have what the ladies call personality…” Angel tightened his grip before Xander continued, “and what I like to call a broken wrist, MERCY!” Xander rubbed his wrist thoughtfully as he sent daggers towards Angel.

“You two have way to much testosterone, and for the record you should really give up the ‘I’m better then you are’ manly man stuff cause we all know I could take you both!” With that Buffy shot out the door to help her mother with the tower of boxes that was growing next to the truck.

~~

‘What would I do without them?’ Buffy asked herself as the last of her boxes were placed gently on her new floor by her brothers.

“Buffy, princess of Buffonia, the last of your belongings my-lady.” Xander blew her a kiss as he and Angel left her room to get some much needed water.

Her brother’s had moved in almost three weeks ago in order to start summer training for soccer. They had taken all of their belongings and the majority of the furniture and family stuff with them and had already put it in place when she and Joyce had arrived that afternoon. Buffy had spent the last days of her summer break with her friends back in LA and now she was here, in a new house, waiting but not ready to start school at Sunnydale High.

Buffy and her twin Xander (older by four minutes and don’t think he didn’t bring that up whenever he had the chance) were both seniors this year and considering he was pulled out of Hemery High’s top ranking soccer team to move to little known Sunnydale he was taking the move quiet well, better then her even. Her oldest brother Angel had graduated two years ago and had been picked up by a semi-pro team in LA. Angel loved soccer and had dreamt of a career in nothing else until he was injured nearly six months ago. She was glad Angel had taken the assistant coaching position, she hadn’t seen him much during the time he was playing and he had been in and out of the hospital and in a bad depression during the past few months. Things were looking up now though, they were together again and she couldn’t have been happier.

“Dinner time squirt.” Angel popped his head into her room and was gone again.

“Coming!” it came as a whisper as tears stung her eyes. The tears threatened to spill out but she steadied herself before taking to the stairs, there was no need to cry after all, she hadn’t been happier in years.

~~

“SO what are we gonna have to do to get you to be our team slave again Buff?” Xander braced himself for the blow that never came, instead Angel chimed in.

“Yeah Buffy, it’s been so long, I miss having you hanging around, getting in my way.” This time the blow landed directly on Angel’s shoulder, he winced mockingly.

Before Buffy could verbally protest Joyce cut in and Buffy began preparing for her defeat.

“Sweetheart that is a wonderful idea, even if your brothers aren’t the most eloquent persuaders, you were so happy when you use to help manage and aide your brothers’ team.” Joyce sent a quick glare towards her sons before settling her gaze on Buffy expectantly.

“I don’t know mom, it’s different here I don’t even know if they appoint student trainers for the soccer team and…” Buffy was cut off suddenly.

“Hey COACH here, of course I can make you a student trainer, but if you ask me slave is more accurate.” Angel laughed out the last words.

“Assistant Coach! And maybe I don’t want to be at the beck-and-call of 20 high school boys,” as the words poured over her lips Buffy was already questioning them. ‘Maybe I do?’

“Buffy I know moving here wasn’t your dream come true but we are all making an effort and I expect you to do the same, things were better when you used to get involved in after school activities and I can’t think of a time when you were happier then when you were helping out with the soccer team.” Every word dripped with pressure and guilt, Buffy had lost this battle before it even begun.

“Ok Mom, I’ll give it a shot, after all I did do all that first aide training and I’m still qualified.” She mumbled her surrender.

“GREAT, I’ll let Coach Rayne know you’ll be gracing us with your presence at practices and games,” Angel was more excited to have his little sister around then he let on, “Oh, and Buffy, head over to the training room right after class tomorrow, after the last few weeks of daily doubles the boys are barely standing, they’ll be plenty of ankles to tape and shoulders to ice,” he ordered in a condescending tone, only to mentally chastise himself, ‘Do I really want her around them, damn-it.’

~~

As Buffy lay in bed that night she found it impossible to sleep, her mind racing in a million directions. She worried about making new friends and senior classes, her mind darting over the decision she had made earlier that night.

‘At least I have the team, that is definitely a good'. She smiled as she thought of her brothers and how much they had done for her in the past few years since her father had left. Angel had immediately become more protective while Xander and her became even closer, if that was even possible. They were both her big brothers though and in that they were both her protectors and best friends, she needed no one else if it came down to that, she knew from experience. At that thought Buffy fell into a deep and peaceful sleep.

~

A/N: This fic was posted in the full at BSC and now I will be posting it here at TSR one chapter at a time on a regular schedule. I hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think!
End Notes:
most wonderful banner ever made by the lovely midnite_holic! thanks love!
Positions by bloody_bint
Chapter 2: Positions

The alarm shattered the sleep bubble Buffy had been shrouded in throughout the night. Her eyes ran the expanse of her new room; she filled with a warm feeling.

“Brand new day,” the whispers were directed to her inner self, who happened to be spouting nervousness.

Buffy hurriedly finished up in the bathroom as to not aggravate the two cranky boys- mornings were none of there strong suits. She scrutinized herself in the mirror, her soft curls framed her face and she glowed from the little bits of shimmery make-up she had applied. Her tiny black skirt was just tight enough and her sheer white top clung to the white tank underneath. She slipped into her black sandals and smiled at her reflection.

“Hey Buff-ster looking good in a ‘Do you really think I’m gonna let you out of the house in that’ kinda way that is,” he jokingly chided her but an eyebrow raised all the same.

“Sorry Xand I know its hard for you to watch me become a woman…” she emphasized the last word in an overly playful tone.

“No, no, I did not just hear that, hello, brother here, you are not a woman you’re a girl, a very very little girl, tiny, like something very very small,” Xander had lost himself somewhere in his rant and had actually become a little emotional about the subject.

“It’s ok Xand…” she soothed him with her words walking over and giving him a tight squeeze, “I promise not to bend over.” She couldn’t help herself.

“BUFF! Wha… You… was I not just talking a minute ago, ‘Oh Xander, he’s not important I won’t even listen’,” Buffy began to walk away as he mimicked her voice, “Hey seriously not ok.” With that Buffy headed for the stairs, Xander following in mid rant.

“Ready for your first day squirt,” Angel smiled trying to reassure her.

“As I’ll ever be,” Buffy sighed with the statement.

“Then where’s your bag Buffy?” an arched brow asked her amused.

“Ok, so maybe ‘as I’ll ever be’ was a bit of a stretch but…” Buffy explained as Xander pushed her bag into her face, “SEE,” she corrected her tone to a more confident, “I totally planned that.” They all laughed as they made their way to the car.

~~

Angel dropped them off and drove away, eager to have some free time before practice. He let the warm California air wash over him as he drove with the top down. He had been reluctant to move back home after his accident but had little options at the time. Now with the move he was living in a converted basement and sometimes felt a little crowded. He put the car in park as he pulled up to the house on Revello.

“Honey I’m home,” he mocked to no one, but immediately realized how right it felt, ‘Yup’, he thought, ‘I’m definitely home’.

~~

Buffy fidgeted with her skirt as she followed her brother into the foreign school, her school. She was nervous.

“You ok Buff?” Xander looked down at his sister concerned, “Your not you usual perky self.” His smiled warmed her, easing her nerves.

“I- I’m fine, really, don’t look at me like that, I’m definitely in the fine club, promise.” she insisted.

“Riiiight cause I was born yesterday and can’t tell that something’s up,” he stopped walking and grabbed his sister’s hand squeezing it.

“I-I’m just a little nervous, I mean you’ve been here for three weeks already and…” just then a very handsome boy with a baldhead strode over, slapping Xander’s hand.

“Hey what’s up Summers, and who is this fine young lady you have here,” Charles Gunn’s statement came across more endearing then predatory which was reconfirmed when he took Buffy’s hand kissing it gently, “I’m Gunn.”

“This is my little sister Buffy, Buffy - Gunn is on the team, and usually is a little less blunt, at least I think he will be in the future,” Xander stated with a severely arched eyebrow and a glare.

“He will be,” Gunn replied to Xander’s request with a smile of understanding, “But really Buffy it was nice to meet you, I hope to see you at the games,” Xander opened his mouth to speak only to slam it shut again when Buffy smacked him and chimed in.

“I’m sure you will, it was nice meeting you Gunn,” as Gunn walked away Buffy’s gaze turned hard as she looked at her brother. “I’m not exactly your little sister and hello, haven’t even spoken to the coach about training with the team so don’t go and tell anyone ok.”

“Sorry Buff,” Xander mumbled defeated.

“Oh and that was my point, you already have friends, so I’m just a little nervous, but thanks to you that has been replaced with good old healthy rage,” her smile betrayed her statement.

“See I’m helping,” Xander held his sister in a quick hug before they headed to the head office for their schedules.

~~

The bell had rung a few minutes ago as Buffy hurried through the long hallways of Sunnydale High; her locker had given her trouble and had resulted in her lateness.

‘Great, on my first day,’ she berated herself as she scurried around a corner.

A tiny squeak left Buffy’s mouth as she came to a screeching halt next to a bleach blond who was parked just around the corner, nearly smashing into him. He was catching his breath in front of a door.

‘Well at least I found the room,’ Buffy commented to herself as she stared up at the room number above the door. As her gaze dropped she realized the blond was staring as her, an amused look playing on his lips.

“Well ‘ello pet,” Spike had made being tardy a regular occurrence but didn’t usually have the pleasure of meeting cute little birds as a result.

“H- Hello,” Buffy felt her face flush under his gaze. She couldn’t pull away from his sapphire eyes, unconsciously licking her lips as she memorized the contours of his face. She finally snapped out of her trance, her cheeks reddened even more, “We better get inside.”

“What’s your rush luv, I’m enjoying myself right here,” he bit his bottom lip leaning back slightly to take in all of her. Spike liked making her blush a little too much.

Suddenly the door to the room flew open with a snap almost striking Buffy. “William, get into the room now, I thought we spoke about you being tardy and how it might inadvertently affect your after school activities,” taking off his glasses Rupert Giles stroked his furrowed brow as he spoke.

“Ease off old man, I was just making sure the little girl got to class right and proper now, wasn’t I goldilocks?” Spike eyed the door his father was holding in front of the girl. ‘Bloody bint hadn’t said a word.’

Giles stepped around the door his gaze settling upon Buffy with a warm smile, “Ms. Summers I’m terribly sorry- I’ve been expecting you, if you’ll just find a seat I’ll be right with you.”

As Buffy slipped silently into the classroom Giles gaze returned to his troublesome son, “William, I feel the need to remind you that I’m not as incompetent and blind as you may believe, so keeping that in mind get in the bloody room and take a seat.”

“Yes da’,” Spike knew when not to push his father and now was one of those times. He reluctantly slid into the room smirking when he saw the golden hair and the seat next to it available. ‘I have a feeling this is going to be a bloody beautiful day.’

~~

Buffy hesitantly walked into the cafeteria scanning the crowd of high schoolers for her brother. Just as panic was about to set in she finally spotted Xander talking to a tiny redhead. She started towards the end of the cafeteria where her brother was seated when she was suddenly stopped by a strong arm; the blond from the morning quickly stepping in front of her. ‘William? Was that his name?’

“You weren’t thinking of sittin’ with anyone but me now were you luv?” His eyes wondering down towards the short skirt he had stared out for the better part of his fathers class. ‘Bloody hell she is something amazing. Wait? Amazing? What a poof,’ Spike sneered at himself as he caught his thoughts wondering towards his William half, his nancy-boy half as he called it.

“I actually have someone waiting for me William, but…” before Buffy could finish her thought she was cut off.

“It’s SPIKE,” he growled, “and it’s really ok pet, I can be quick,” he smirked with his words hoping to see the blush come to her cheeks.

“I have no doubt about that SPIKE, and the names not pet its Buffy,” she spat each syllable at him not being able to control this reaction he so easily brought out in her. As the last word passed over her lips she pivoted around him and marched away towards the sanctuary of her brother. ‘Why do all the cute ones have to be such jerks, and why does he have to be soooooooo cute.’ Buffy pouted as she moved through the crowd.

“Minx,” he muttered to himself as she left him alone, a smirk firmly planted on his lips. ‘That girl better be worth the soddin’ trouble’.

~~

“You must be Buffy!” Willow smiled the statement to the pretty blond who sat down next to Xander.

“The last time I checked- I was she,” nodding her head as she spoke she returned the redheads smile. ‘Seems like a nice girl I wonder what she’s doing with my brother,’ Buffy snorted to herself and smiled as she thought about her goofy sibling.

“I’m Willow, Xander was just telling me all about you, we had last period together and he was so funny, he was telling me you too are twins that’s so cool, I don’t have any siblings, and I’m doing that thing I do sometimes where I forget to breathe,’ Willow flushed with embarrassment as she caught the wide-eyed looks both Summers’ were giving her.

“Down girl, its ok we’re not on a meter here, and look…” Buffy pointed to Willow’s class schedule that was laid out in front of her, “We have all our afternoon classes together so much bonding time will be shared.”

“Ooooooh, I’m so in,” she chirped the words as excitement radiated from her.

“So Buff-ster I thought I saw you talking to someone, anyone I would have the desire to beat-up, but wouldn’t cause I’m a lover not a fighter?” he addressed the last part towards Willow for her information, a goofy smile written across his face.

“Oh just some jerk named Spike, no big.” She hissed his name. ‘Just some hot jerk named Spike, in his super sexy jerky way, stop it! He’s so not, NOT hot.’

“Well I hope he didn’t do anything unforgivable- bad because he’s the captain of the team and…” his words were stopped in mid air, his statement hung between them.

“He’s the captain, oh bad, bad to the 10th degree-bad,” she pouted and whined while Willow and Xander stared amused, “How can he be on the team? With the duster, and the hair and he smelled like smoke, he can’t possibly play?” Buffy questioned the possibility but knew her brother wouldn’t lie, plus she had noticed how his black shirt clung to his muscles underneath the duster.

“Look on the bright side Buff, you’ll definitely never be bored at practice.” He tried to look completely serious as he stated the irritating fact.

‘You got that right Xand,’ she thought with a tiny gleam in her eye, ‘I definitely wont be bored.’ At that she gave in to her thoughts and spent the remainder of lunch fixated on the blond that seemed to be getting under her skin in every way.

~
Knowing the Score by bloody_bint
Chapter 3: Knowing the Score

Buffy made her way to the training room after her last class. Willow had told her where it was and now, as she approached the door her stomach tied itself in knots. The door was open halfway so Buffy pushed it as she stepped in knocking at the same time.

“You must be Buffy,” Ethan Rayne eyed the small blond in front of him with both contempt and praise.

“Y-Yes, my brother, Angel, he told me to come by here after class, he said he’d mention to you that I- I would like to be a trainer,” Buffy found it hard to keep eye contact with Coach Rayne, he intimidated her somehow. ‘Creepy much- and is everyone around here British?’ Her mind wondered to keep from becoming too nervous.

“He mentioned something- and I think we can come to some sort of arrangement,” he couldn’t help smirk as she fidgeted in front of him.

“I- I, should…” thankfully she was cut off as the door flew the rest of the way open, revealing a smiling brother.

“HEY Buffy, how was your first day.” Angel leaned down and kissed his sister’s forehead squeezing her shoulders.

“Great.” The word squeaked out from between her lips too fast, she hadn’t even noticed she had holding her breath.

“You ok Buff?” he bent down to his sister’s level, trying not to sound too concerned.

“Fine, really,” she let a calming breath escape before looking her brother in the eyes to let him know she really was ok.

“You sure?” he questioned, seeking reassurance.

“Yup, whole worlds of fine, promise,” she set her bag down as she reiterated her pervious ascertain

“Ok, well Coach Rayne and I are going out to the field to get warm-ups started, any players who need anything before they begin their workout will come to see you here. Once all the players are ready to go you come on out too, clear?” he patted Buffy on the arm and waited for a response.

“As a crystal coach,” she emphasised the last word with sarcasm.

With that both men hurried out the door, but not before Coach Rayne turned and gave Buffy a curious look.

Buffy wasn’t alone long before she heard several familiar voices coming towards the room.

“Hey Bufferoni ready for a little slave labour.” A smile stretched from ear to ear as he giggled at his teasing.

“Hey I’m the one with the tape and ice and if you want to know all the fun ways I could think of using them then keep it up really, I dare you, it would be funny,” she smiled urging her brother on.

“And she comes out swinging, little sis has some attitude I like it,” Gunn followed Xander into the room and raised a brow of approval at Buffy.

“I like a girl who can take care of herself,” a foreign voice chimed in as a stocky boy entered behind the two friends, “Hi, I’m Riley,” he shot a hand towards Buffy.

“Buffy,” she couldn’t help the slight blush the rose in her cheeks at the appreciative look Riley gave her. “So what can I do for you boys?”

“I need the usual Buff,” Xander sat on the padded bench awaiting his sister’s treatment.

“Both shoulders Xand or just the right?” she asked not being able to hide her slight concern.

“Both, I might be good with my hands, but I pay the price,” he joked as the room erupted into laughter. Buffy taped her brother’s shoulders, he had been a goalkeeper since he was six and as his skill increased so did the pain and problems in this joints.


“What about you Gun?” Buffy asked as she finished with her brother’s left shoulder, wrapping it perfectly. ‘Huh, must be like riding a bike.’

“Just my right ankle taped,” as he spoke he flung his long leg onto the bench so Buffy could reach it. Buffy worked quickly wanting to get out into the sunshine. “Thanks Buffy,” Gunn’s warm smile filled the room.

“Riley, what’ll it be?” she leaned back throwing her arms open to suggest a wide selection.

“I need to be fitted with a knee brace,” he looked down at his right knee as he spoke.

“Right- knee brace, knee brace, if I were a knee brace where would I be,” she spoke to herself as she searched the room. All three boys watched her amusing antics. “Ah-HA, one knee brace coming right up,” she threw a wining smile out at the boys as she held a knee brace up triumphantly.

“Thanks Buffy, really, it feels great,” Riley grinned like a little boy as he stood up from Buffy’s care.

“Really Buffy it feels great,” Gunn mocked Riley’s enthusiasm.

“Ok, Ok, settle down you two, we should all head out to the field, you guys are missing warm-ups and…”she was cut off by her brothers smirk. “WHAT?”

“Not you Buff, you have to wait for ALL of us to get out onto the field, and there is one more,” he couldn’t help but laugh as he and his teammates made there way out of the little room. “See you in a little while, and Buff- try and be nice,” and with his last word Xander ran down the hall and out into the sunshine.

“Be nice?” she asked herself out loud, and jumped when there was an answer.

“Always, luv,” Spike strolled into the training room trying to hide his surprise to have found the golden haired goddess that had occupied his thoughts all day. ‘Yup, knew it was goin’ to be a good day.’

“Spike,” is all Buffy could muster while staring at the image before her. His usually gelled hair was tussled, probably from changing, he wore the white shorts and tight white shirt everyone did for training, but somehow it looked too good on him. He somehow still kept his bad boy look through little touches, a black wrist band and black knee socks made him look the same, but different.

“So goldilocks where do we begin,” he smirked at the look on her face

“What do you need,” she squeaked never breaking eye contact.

“Oh I think you know what I need pet,” he clicked his tongue and looked her up and down.

That was all it took- she snapped out of it.

“Well I certainly know what you’re going to GET, and that’s NOTHING!” She hissed the words and stormed out, leaving Spike alone and stunned.

‘Maybe this isn’t going to be as easy as you thought, bloody idiot. Why do you always have to stick your soddin’ foot firmly in your mouth? Why couldn’t you just tell her…wait tell her what? OH you bloody poofta’ Spike battled with himself all the way out to the field, trying hard to convincingly deny and suppress any William-like feelings he was having towards Buffy. He failed.

~~

The sun beat down on Buffy’s back as she sat on the worn bench near the field. She watched as Angel yelled orders at the team, pushing them to run harder. Xander seemed to be struggling, he wasn’t much of a runner, but he didn’t need to be. ‘Poor Xand, looks like he’s regretting the greasing food he ate for lunch,’ Buffy giggled to herself as she watched.

“Ok ‘ladies’, take a moment to catch your breath before we continue, stay on the field though cause we’ve got more work to do,” Angel loved his new job, he didn’t want to be mean really, but these kids really did need some help if they were going to be anything.

“Anyone know the new girl, cause she is seriously in need of some FUN,” Parker eyed the new hottie from across the field, “and I have GOT to be the one to give it to her, you know what I mean.”

Spike could immediately feel his face grow hot with jealously and rage. ‘Why do I want to protect the bloody girl I don’t even know her, but what I do know is that wanker isn’t going to come within…’

Before Spike could speak up Parker was snapped up by angry arms, “What your looking at, see, you DON”T get to look at, you don’t even so much as sneak a glance or say her name got me?” Xander shook as he spoke, he wasn’t exactly the most macho guy, but no one said those things about his little sister, no one.

“And what are you going to do about it you pathetic…” Parker’s threat was cut off by a much firmer grip clutching at his neck.

“Do you really want to find out Parker, cause by the look on your face right now, I’m thinking NO,” Angel had tried to stay calm, after all he didn’t need the entire team knowing the new goalkeeper and trainer were his little brother and sister, he didn’t care to deal with accusations of favouritism.

“What’s your problem man,” Parker shrugged both sets of arms off only to face several furious glares.

“My ‘PROBLEM’ is that the girl you so blatantly womanised is MY kid sister and the team mate you just called pathetic for standing up for her, he’s her twin brother, MY brother.” Angel spat the words through gritted teeth.

“And the girl who can take care of herself and doesn’t need two bonehead Neanderthals for brother’s… is LEAVING,” Buffy stormed off, shivering slightly under the gaze of all the eyes she knew were fixated on her. Moments ago she had began to make her way towards the commotion, worried that her brother’s were involved, only to discover they weren’t just involved they were overstepping some serious brotherly boundaries.

“Everybody knees to your chest, RUN!” Angel knew he’d be sorry the moment he stepped in, and now even his sister was angry with him. ‘Damn-it Buffy, why do you have to be so stubborn?’ He began preparing himself for the apology he would be giving later that night.

‘Bollocks, could this be anymore screwed up, my coach is her soddin’ brother, bloody wanker he is too. Well at least it wasn’t me who got it this time, poof got what he deserved’ Spike thought about Buffy and her flaming red cheeks and her pouting lips, ‘If she wasn’t so damned adorable when she gets mad I would feel a little bit sorry for her.’ Spike ‘s mind stayed captivated by Buffy through the duration of practice, he didn’t even notice that Angel was running them harder then usual, or that he was particularly knackered when they were told to turn in. He didn’t care; he had more important things to think about.

~
Settling the Score by bloody_bint
Chapter 4: Settling the Score

Buffy had skipped dinner; she didn’t want to see her brothers, mainly because she wasn’t really mad anymore. ‘After all,’ she thought, ‘them being all protective tuff guy-ish does come in handy sometimes, but I’m not telling them that, not after they ruined my chances of ever having a social life in like two seconds. Hmph, must be a new world record.’ At that thought she heard a light tapping at her door, “Yeah, come in.”

Buffy’s door creaked open half way revealing a very sorry brother on his knees. Before Buffy could say anything Xander began scuffling into her room, never leaving his knees while putting on the best puppy-dog face he could possibly muster.

“WHAT are you…” she wasn’t able to finish her question as a second, equally sorry brother appeared, following Xander, also on his knees. Buffy couldn’t help herself she burst into laughter.

“Oh yeah, so that’s what we get for trying to apologise huh, that’s juuuuust great,” Xander drew out the word a smile growing over his face.

“You’re going to be sorry for laughing.” Was all Buffy heard as Angel’s arms swooped up pulling her down to the floor.

“No, no, NO! I’m. You. You’ll. Be…” she couldn’t get a single sentence out through her sobs of laughter. She struggled underneath the relentless tickling, loving every second of it.

~~

Spike rubbed his sore calves as he sat on his bed still dripping from his second shower, his blond curls clinging to his face. He winced from the pain radiating from his tight muscles. He sighed, lying back on his pillow letting his heavy eyes fall closed, until a sudden ring caused them to fly open. ‘Bloody hell.’

“This BETTER be important,” Spike hadn’t realised how irritable he had become since practice earlier that afternoon until he answered the phone.

“Cool it man, I’m the barer of good news all around,” Gunn laughed off the rude greeting.

“Ok, so tell me, or do I have to guess why you’re bothering me after we just spent the last three hours getting tortured by captain forehead, together,” he gritted his teeth at the thought of Angel pushing them so hard.

“Well, I just thought you might want to be at the bronze tonight, that’s all.”

“That’s all? That’s ALL? Remind me again why I’m even your bloody friend,” he stood as he spoke.

“You’re my friend because Xander called me and he’s going to the Bronze and I was able to find out that his sister is also going to be there, tonight, so…”

“And why do I care?” he tried to sound indifferent as his mind raced.

“Oh please man, don’t think you can put one over on me, I saw the look on your face when she stormed off today, and so forgive me if I’m trying to help a brother out,”

“What time,” Spike mumbled almost inaudibly.

“Say again?”

“What time you WANKER.”

“Eight, and Spike?”

“What now.”

“Don’t be late.”

~~

Buffy fluffed the hair spouting out from her high ponytail one last time. She straightened her red leather skirt and black halter-top before grabbing the tiny clutch from her bed. Reapplying her lip-gloss as she descended the stairs, she was ready to go have some fun.

“Ready to go Buff?” Xander was eager to get to the Bronze and meet his friends, not to mention Willow.

“Yup, just have to say goodbye to…” Buffy hopped down the last few steps only to be scooped up by Joyce’s waiting arms, “…mom.”

“You two have fun and stay together,” Joyce’s brow creased, “Maybe I should have Angel go with you, this is a new city and…”

“MOM, this isn’t LA and we are so already implementing the buddy system, TWINS remember, we were kinda a package deal.” Buffy pulled her brother close, clutching his arm in her own.

“OH I remember all right, I remember twice the work, and twice the trouble, and…” an arm flung around her neck, a chipper voice interrupting.

“AND twice the love don’t forget, love you mom, we’ll be back early, BYE.” With that Buffy flew from then house tugging her twin down the driveway and away before Joyce could argue.

~~

Spike leaned over the railing, peering into the crowd pulsing to the music, searching, hunting. His body hummed with anticipation as he pursued the droves, yearning for a glimpse of his girl.

‘Where’s she, where’s my girl? Your girl? Bloody hell, you’re acting like some pillock with a nancy-boy crush. Well you’re NOT, and it would do you some good to remember it. Acting like William gets you nowhere. It’s not like you even know the little chit, met her today, so you can just forget ‘bout any…” Spike’s eyes narrowed on Buffy as she sauntered into the dimly lit club, he felt dizzy.

“Bugger this,” his whisper choked through the lump forming in his throat, his mind went blank- relinquishing the battle between him and his inner William. He headed down the stairs, and towards the beautiful blond, his blond.

~~

“HI Buffy, you look so good!” Willow wiggled with glee as her new friend approached.

“Thanks Will, so do you.” Buffy smiled at the redhead’s excitement, but quickly noticed the furrowed brow and change of demeanour.

“You don’t have to say that, I- I know I’m not big with the lookin’ good and sexy dressin’,” she stared through the table to her feet.

“WILL! Shut your mouth, you DO SO look good, and I’m from LA remember so I’m like an expert on these things, so NO arguing.” She nodded her head in one last effort to force understanding, it worked Willow once again was smiling.

“How are my favourite ladies today,” Xander crept up behind his sister, placing an arm carefully over her bare shoulder while winking at Willow.

“We’re great,” Buffy noticed the flush come to her friends cheeks, “but we would be a whole lot better if my favourite twin got us ladies something to drink.”

“No problem… I’m going in,” he turned away from the girls, “if I’m not back in 10 minutes, cut me loose and move on.” With that he disappeared into the swarm of co-eds.

“Alright SPILL!” Buffy eyed Willow’s blushing face and deer-caught-in-headlight eyes.

“No, what? No, nothing to spill,” Willow fidgeted, radiating nervousness.

“OH come ON Will, he’s my brother like I wouldn’t be happy for you,” Buffy’s arched a poignant brow as she spoke.

‘Will with my brother huh, that could be a good, better then that Anya girl from LA all she ever did was follow him around asking if she could give him many orgasms, thank GOD that didn’t happen, yup this is definitely my new project, must get Xander and Willow together.’ Buffy was torn from her thoughts as Willow continued.

“Do you think he likes me, what am I saying, of course he doesn’t like me?” She worried her hands together.

“He does too, and believe me I can really tell, it’s a twin thing.” She smiled widely at her declaration only to scrunch up her face in contemplation at the strange feeling that had come over her.

“Well ‘ello pet, Red,” Spike nodded at Willow all the while keeping his eyes locked on Buffy.

“What do you…”

“Hi Spike! How are you, how was practice?” Willow bounced lightly on her stool as she greeted him.

“Right, good, lots of running and all that,” he slid his hands into his pockets worried Willow might mention his past.

“You two KNOW each other,” Buffy stared at her friend shocked.

“Yeah Spike and I used to…”

“CLASSES, we had classes together, before, you know at school and all that,” he squirmed uneasily.

“Right, classes, just some normal classes, that we had- together,” Willow smiled devilishly her mind soaring. ‘Spike likes Buffy that is so cute! He’s embarrassed that he use to tutor and be in the writing club with me, what a bonehead, Buffy so wouldn’t care about that. This should be fun to watch.’

“Oh? Well let me try again with the- WHAT do you WANT Spike,” her arms folded over her snug halter in protest to his presence.

“Just thought you wouldn’t mind the company is all, wasn’t my intention to get you all in a huff ‘bout it- even if you do look bloody adorable when you pout,” he bit his lip and widened his gaze, taking in all of her.

“I… um… huh?” she couldn’t form a single thought let alone a sentence.

“Your lookin’ a bit flush luv, maybe you should step outside, get some fresh air- clear your head?” as he placed the reassuring hand on her shoulder he knew he was pushing his luck, but he couldn’t help himself.

“Y- yeah, air’s good,” her mind was blank as she stood, accepting his invitation.

“You right here Red?” Spike didn’t want to miss his opportunity; quickly turning towards Willow to make sure everything was ok, placing a hand on Buffy back simultaneously.

“Fine and dandy, plus Xander will back any minute, GO!” she bubbled over with excitement as she watched the two blonds seep into the bodies and out of view.

“Your drink my-lady, AND… I guess my drink, where’s Buff?” he sat down next to Willow, his eyes searching for his sister.

“She left,” Xander’s eyes came to a worried stop on Willow, “don’t worry she’s with Spike!”

“She’s with WHO and the HUH?” Xander almost spit up his drink, “I thought she hated captain peroxide.”

“Yeah, you were way wrong,” she beamed.

“What about the buddy-system?” he mumbled the words in a defeated manor.

“The what?” Willow questioned.

“On nothin’, she’s safe with Spike, at least I think she is, and I’ve got you, so I’m thinking everything is just fine.” He gathered Willow in to a quick squeeze.

“Definitely!” is all Willow could muster through her excitement and anxiety.

~~

Buffy stroked her tingling flesh as the bite of the chilled air hit her bare arms. The outer area of the Bronze smelt smoky and was lit only by the moon.

“Cold, kitten?” Spike shrugged off his duster draping it across her shoulders in one fluid motion- settling immediately onto one knee in front of her he began to cuff the hanging sleeves.

“W- why are you being so nice, I mean, usually you’re, you’re…” Buffy looked away confused.

“A right wanker. It’s ‘right you can say it,” he stood rubbing behind his neck, “as for the question goldilocks, I can’t answer that,” he enjoyed her furrowed brow and pouting lips, “I can’t answer it cause I don’t know why I was so bloody horrible in the first place, so yeah just forget ‘bout it right- it is what it is.”

“And what is it?” she let a small smile play at her question.

“Whatever you want Buffy,” his sincerity was evident.

“I think I can handle that,” it came out a whisper as she tugged him down, encasing his lips in a kiss.

His hands reflexively voyaged up her frame to her face, cupping her soft skin, caressing. His tongue skimmed across her bottom lip intimately. Her lips parted and she began stirring her tongue with his, tasting him with slow deliberation. They moaned simultaneously before floating apart, drawing in air, their eyes locked, it was tender despite the passion, though it only lasted a moment.

“Oh my god, what is going on! I mean, you, and me, and WE, oh this so isn’t good,” Buffy backed away breaking eye contact hoping it would relive some of the feelings she was still having.

“Isn’t good? Isn’t GOOD! This is a BLOODY REVELATION!” Spike threw his hands up in frustration.

“I- it is? Y- you think so?” her eyes met his again. ‘Big mistake’

“I do.” He swallowed the space between them once more.

“I’m just, I mean, I’m not usually all gung-ho with the public displays.” Her flushed state worsened.

“Really? Would ‘ave taken you for a natural pet?”

“Gee thanks.” Her eyes rolled heavily.

“So ‘bout this revelation we stumbled upon…”

“Can revelations be slow?” a coquettish smile caused Spike’s legs to shake underneath his weight.

“Whatever you want, remember Buffy,” he leaned down bracing himself with her body and placed a chaste kiss on her moistened lips.

“You’re quite the tease you know that pet,” he looked down upon her a think smirk written on his face.

“Hey, It was a weak moment,” the flush burnt into her face now.

“Really not complaining luv.”

~

*A/N: The Spuffy is in full swing now but much Angst is on the way... please review!!!!*
Scoring by bloody_bint
Chapter 5: Scoring

Buffy twirled a silky strand of hair between two fingers as she locked eyes with Spike for perhaps the twentieth time since they both had entered the cafeteria. He winked causing the natural pink in her cheeks to flare a deep red. He was obviously ignoring everything being said amongst the team members he sat with, his eyes firmly fixed upon Buffy. Her expression slowly morphed from one of shy appreciation to one of deep contemplation and worry as her thoughts stole her away from her staring.

‘I wonder if he’s thinking about the kiss, what if he doesn’t want to take it slow, or what is he does want to take it slow but he wants me to make the first move, I cant do that, or wait, what if he has realised what a mistake I am and is staring because he wants to tell me but feels bad.’ Buffy failed to notice Spike making his way across the lunchroom until he casually flopped down beside her.

“Something wrong kitten?” Spike tried to hide the concern in his voice as he forced eye contact. He had noticed the sudden change in her manner and couldn’t help worry that it had something to do with him.

‘What if she’s regretting it, she did call it a moment of weakness didn’t she, bloody fantastic you wanker, you’ve gone and buggered the whole thing up, you had to kiss her, you couldn’t just talk to her, wait talk to her? Ponce.’

“No I-I’m Great, I mean, fine, I mean, how are you?” her eyes pleaded for reassurance, swimming in his blue pools.

“Couldn’t be better, well I could be better, but I don’t have to be better, how I am now, its fine, you?” he anxiously worked is fingers, hoping for some sign that everything was still ok.

“You already asked me,” a coy smile crept into her features without her even knowing it- melting the tension.

It was enough for Spike he allowed himself to get lost in her emerald eyes and her beautiful smile.

“BUF-FY!” Willow had been calling her friends name over and over again, and now she almost yelled the syllables.

“Hey… what… huh? Rude much Will you don’t have to yell,” Buffy’s eyes scanned the quickly emptying cafeteria as she finished her reprimand.

“Oh, OH, sorry Will, my total bad,” she focused on Willow before turning back towards Spike.

“See you after class goldilocks,” he brushed a gentle kiss across her cheek before pivoting and rapidly slipping away.

“You are SO his sex kitten,” Willow bounced with energy.

“Am NOT, and ewwww Will, you kiss your mother with that mouth,” Buffy flung an arm in the direction of her delighted friend.

“Don’t try and pull one over on me missy, I saw you two, your SO his eye candy, his sexy kitten eye candy,” she led the way to class as she continued her torment.

“Oh YEAH, well what about you and Xander huh, you two looked pretty cosy, what have you been up to?”

“Up to? Nothing, there is NO up to. I’m very seldom naughty, swear,” her eyes widened in shock which accompanied the red tint painted over her face.

“Yeah, like I’m gonna believe you gutter-mouth,” both girls burst into laughter as they moved together down the hallway only to stop as they crept into class.

They exchanged a knowing look and a wry smile before leaning back in their seats and letting their thoughts return to where they belonged, on Xander and Spike.

~~

Spike swung his duster into the aged locker, chipped and dented with use and experiences, hanging it with deliberate motions- carelessly throwing the rest of his clothing in after. He made sure no leather was peeking out before slamming it and pivoting, placing an alabaster leg on the bench before him, stretching a sock taught he resisted the urge to fold it neatly.

‘Bloody hell has it really come to this… you acting like a tight ass priss, like William AGAIN. Be careful, you CAN’T have him coming back, ever, not ever.’

~~

As Spike approached the half open entryway to the training room he slowed his pace, becoming quiet and stealthy. He supported his weight on the doorframe and took in the sight before him; a clearly nervous Buffy was re-arranging bandages by size and wrapper colour.

“Blue comes after green in the rainbow, or didn’t you know that pet?” Spike bit back his laughter as she spun around wide-eyed.

“Uh... yes… but not big blue.” Buffy winced as her statement sunk in.

“Right then, my mistake,” with every word the space between them shrunk as he stalked closer.

“Is there something you need, I mean, is there something injury related I can help you with, not that I’m assuming your injured, I mean, you are here so I just thought you might be hurt or sore, ice?” she held the dripping ice pack up between them.

“What… do you think I’m hot luv,” his tongue swiped across his lips as he smirked.

“It’s for swelling.” She said matter-of-factly before her face caught fire with embarrassment.

“Well, you do seem to have that effect on me kitten,” Spike let his body caress hers, letting her feel his burning erection through the thin fabric of his uniform.

“I… uh…” Buffy’s voice failed her as her eyes rolled closed at his proximity. ‘His warmth, his smell, what is that smell, that is a good, good smell, oh I’m bad, no he’s bad, this is bad, so, so bad.’

“Come out with me on Friday night?” he didn’t want to miss the opportunity, she was his right now- he could have anything.

Her eyes slid open; she focused her dazed irises on his.

“Please, Buffy.” He leaned in a husky whisper tickling her neck.

The moment her name hit her skin in that deep low sex she felt her knees buckle and had to focus all her energy in order to shake her head, once she did she was convinced she might collapse.

“Right- I’ll pick you up at seven then, “ he snaked an arm around her waist, steadying her wavering frame, letting his bee-stung bottom lip rub her earlobe with each syllable before turning- heading out to the field.

“Right,” the raspy word fell into an empty room between long deep breaths.

Buffy stayed frozen where she was for several minutes allowing her heartbeat to slow and her skin to cool. As she thrust through the double doors the sun bit at her eyes causing her to reach into her bag to retrieve her sunglasses. Placing them over her squinting emeralds she continued on to the grass- grateful for the sun and the protective shade of her glasses, now no one could see her staring.

~
Penalty Shot by bloody_bint
Chapter 6: Penalty Shot

The first game of the season ended with some mild cheering and the quick anti-climatic disbanding of players and parents early Wednesday evening.

“This was so cool, I love soccer!” Willow bounced exhilarated.

“You do? Since when?” Buffy scoffed, eyeing her bubbly friend.

“Since today. I can’t be blamed for never knowing its joys before this, but now, I am a soccer aficionado through and through!” She waved her miniature Sunnydale High Soccer flag in tiny spurts as she finished.

“Oh really, and that wouldn’t by any chance have anything to do with a certain goalkeeper making with the googly eyes the entire game.”

“I plead the fifth…he was googly eyed though right?”

“Yes Will, he is so the smitten kitten. He was staring so much I’m surprised he even noticed there was a game going on.” Buffy collected her things and started towards the training room with Willow in toe.

“I know, it’s like he has a sixth sense or something. Did you see him do that flippy thing and stop the ball with his feet in the air, he was all grrrrrr with the intensity and cool moves.” She nodded her head furiously smiling.

“Huh? I missed that one.”

“But I bet you noticed when Spike kicked that goal…”

“Which one?” She went red in the face. “There were two.”

“I guess were both aficionados now huh?” A devilish grin spread over Willow’s lips.

~~

Spike stepped out of the shower; a towel wrapped securely around his waist as he strode across the locker room, stopping next to Xander he flung the rusted metal open.

“Nice moves out there bleach boy. Really, we could actually have a winning season thanks to you.” Xander kept his eyes on his own exploits as he regarded Spike.

“I’m touched.” His voice was dripping with sarcasm. “Maybe if you keep your focus on the game and off of a certain little red head, we will.”

“Hey, they didn’t score once… I… I’m focused.” He whinged.

“I saw what I saw, just something to think ‘bout whelp.” Spike arched his brow but kept it light.

“Fair enough.” He smiled slyly. “So heard you’re taking my sis out this Friday?”

Spike choked, coughing before meeting Xander’s gaze. “She tell you that?”

“I am her bestest brotherly friend in the whole wide world.” He paused. “No- I heard her talking to Willow.”

“I see. Well in that case, since you bloody well didn’t hear it from me, yeah, why? You got a problem with it?” Spike postured.

“Whoa there! No, no problem. See I like to keep with the living, so there is definitely not a problem.”

“Scared boy?”

“Yeah…”

Spike snickered, smirking before Xander continued.

“Of Buffy.”

~~

Buffy and Willow parted ways. Willow heading home to get a head start on the homework she liked so much, Buffy heading into the training room to clean up before leaving herself.

“Miss Summers.” Coach Rayne’s slow annunciation of her name and his voracious stare sent shivers down Buffy’s spine.

“C-Coach Rayne… I didn’t know you were in here… I…” Her eyes glued to the concrete.

“No need to explain yourself girl. Tsk tsk, look at you shaking like a lost lamb.” Ethan took up a strand of her hair twisting it- studying it.

Buffy froze, her muscles constricting at his touch. Her stomach fell, causing bile to rise up in her throat.

“I need to go…” She stepped back, her locks slipping from his fingers, almost.

Ethan tightened his grip at the feel of her sliding away, wrenching her back towards him with a prompt jerk of the blond strands.

Buffy whimpered, liquid stinging her eyes before slamming them shut as his thumb darted out massaging her face.

“Going somewhere precious?” Rayne scoffed at the young girl.

“Kitten you still…” Spike swung in to the doorway ceasing movement and speech immediately.

Coach Rayne permitted his arm to depart from Buffy, smiling curtly at his player.

“Buffy?” Spike’s confusion and suspicion were swirling.

“Yeah, hey.” She spun around. “I’m done here, let’s go.”

Buffy didn’t explain, Spike didn’t mention anything about how she hadn’t been expecting him; they just left. After of course, Spike scowled at Rayne accusingly.

“You mind telling me what that was all ‘bout pet?” He went for her hand as they negotiated the parking lot.

Nearly leaping a mile away from his endeavour, Buffy let out a minute snivel.

“What what was about?” She evaded.

“Not buyin’ it for a second luv.” This time he vehemently encased her hand with his own allowing no room for error.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Spike.” She met his worried stare, faking sentiment.

“Right then I’ll spell it out for you goldilocks.” Her evasiveness had triggered his rage. “Is there something going on with you and my bloody Coach?” He couldn’t keep the indictment out of his tone.

“How dare you.” The words sliced from Buffy’s lips cutting him like a knife along with her stabbing glare.

“Bloody hell Summers, providing an explanation would be nice if you don’t fancy this kinda reaction.” Buffy withdrew from him, shrinking away at each word like they were poison.

“Stay away from me.”

Before Spike could respond she darted off across the remainder of the parking lot and was gone.

“Bloody fucking hell!”

~~

Buffy finally heard the gentle drumming at her bedroom door and sighed with relief. She bounded from the sanctuary of her bed flinging the door away from her visitor.

No words, Buffy buried her face into Willows shoulder, tears spiling every which way.

“Oh god Buffy what happened!” The tiny red head hung on to her friend eyes wide with worry.

Unintelligible mumbles laced through the sobs.

“Buffy it’ll be alright. Whatever it is, it’ll be fine see.” Willow pulled away slightly in order to look Buffy in the eye- smiling brightly when contact was made. “I wouldn’t steer you wrong.”

Buffy allowed a scrap of a smile to grace her lips before collapsing into strained tears once again.

“Oh goodness.” Willow led her grieving friend to settle on the soft pillow covered bed top.

“Buffy please tell me what’s wrong, please.” She pleaded for some kind of understanding.

Again strangled moans mingled with jarring wails.

“Listen, do I have to kick your butt, or are you gonna tell me what’s up missy!” Resolve face etched firmly in place.

There was no arguing.

“W- Will, I- I’m a SLUT!” More tears.

“Oh dear, Buffy… you- you’re not a slut, what made you think you were a… OH, unless you stayed after the game and slept with like the entire team. OH! But that would be really gross cause both your brothers are on the team, not that I’m passing judgement and… I- I’m sure you’re not…”

“WILLOW!” Buffy’s eyes bugged. “Faith much! I didn’t sleep with ANYONE!”

“Oh thank god!” Relief passed through her wavering frame followed quickly by confusion. “But you said…”

“I don’t have to sleep with a whole team and commit incest to be a slut Will. But thanks for the vow of confidence, really.”

“Buffy I’m sorry, I just- I guess I don’t understand, what happened between, well… when I left and the hour that went by until now?” Her eyes swelled with worry for the second time.

“There’s something wrong with me Will.” She paused to draw in a long breath. “I do something, and I don’t know I do it. I just, make guys think…”

Some form of comprehension flashed in Willow’s eyes.

“Buffy, listen to me… did someone hurt you, did someone…”

“It’s my fault Will, this, it happened in LA as well. Its part of why- why we’re here, it’s all my fault…” She began shaking violently.

“What happened Buffy?” Her voice remained calm yet stern.

“I don’t know what happened!”

“Who you’d see after I left… did anyone…SPIKE!” She suddenly remembered the current focus of Buffy’s affections.

“N- NO Will, he, I mean yeah, but he didn’t, he HATES me!”

“Why would Spike hate you Buffy?”

“Because he saw me with Coach RAYNE!” Hands flew to her mouth, guilt and shock coating her.

Willow trembled.

“B- Buffy, you gotta tell me everything.”

~
Defence by bloody_bint
Chapter 7: Defence

Spike stared down at his now cold dinner, stirring it around his plate absentmindedly; he hadn’t even noticed his father had since left the table. His mind whirred with thoughts of Buffy and the incident earlier that evening.

‘She hates me, she bloody hates me.’ He tensed his jaw. ‘Before you even get a soddin’ chance, and you… how could you have said that.’

“Scone?” Giles pushed a plate of warm scones in front of his obviously troubled son upon returning.

“Do I look like I want a bloody scone!?” He snapped.

“No, as a matter of fact, you look like you want to sit there all night like a snivelling child. Forgive me for attempting to combat such behaviour… continue with your wallowing, please.” He plucked his glasses from his face and rubbed them furiously.

“Bloody hell…” Spike muttered, rising to his feet. “I’m sorry, right… you can put your bleedin’ glasses back where they belong da’, I’ll have a soddin’ scone!” He reached for the plate.

“No, it’s quiet all right.” Giles moved the plate out of arms reach a slight smirk growing over his lips.

“HEY! It’s like that now is it? You think your funny ol’ man!?” He took another pass at the forbidden scones, failing again.

“Of course not. I wouldn’t dream of attempting humour in this house… why when we have so much fun sulking about.” He laughed at his son’s child-like exploits, always keeping the treats just out of grasp.

“You’re askin’ for it Rupes!” He began to laugh as well, jumping around and following the alluring path of the scones.

“Oh my, whatever will I do?” His sardonic tone was eminent.

“THAT’S IT!” Spike lunged at his father, scones flying everywhere as they fell, laughter quaking through the house.

“Stop, STOP! You’ve proven more than victorious, now let me UP!” Giles wiped tears of laughter from his eyes as he propped himself up on his elbows from the floor.

“Bloody right!” Spike settled on his knees, releasing his father from the tackle.

“So William, tell me… now that you are of a supremely improved temperament, what ever was the matter?”

“Nothin’ really.” Giles shot a knowing look. “Right then, me being the stupid wanker I am said some… well lets just say colourful things to this chit… bollocksed things up and then some.”

“Well then.” He stood brushing his sweater vest smooth. “I’d wager an apology is in order, yes?”

“It’s gonna take a lot more than a bleedin’ apology…” He gathered himself up off the ground. “Take a miracle this will.”

“Well in that case a day without the emergence of black leather and whatever hair care products you use, if any, should suffice. That would be a miracle if I ever saw one.” A tiny giggled escaped him.

“HA-Bloody-HA!” Spike threw the nearest scone striking Rupert in the forehead.

“Hey! That hurt!” He rubbed his head forlornly.

“Big girl!”

“You’re not too old to put across me knee you know!?”

“Right.” Spike turned from his father, scoffing at his comment.

“William?”

“Yeah…” He turned in time to catch a scone in the side of the face.

~~

Willow stroked Buffy’s scalp, running her slight fingers from her friend’s forehead down the rounded contours through silky hair. The dizzying amount of information she had just absorbed pounded through her mind. She hurt for her friend.

“Are you feeling a little better Buffy?” Willow questioned meekly.

“Y-Yeah I guess so.” Buffy sat up taking a shaky breath.

“Buffy…” The red-head paused contemplating the information she had just learnt. “Did you… Or, did anyone press any charges against him?”

“No, it was bad enough with the rumours… a-and my brothers. I didn’t, I couldn’t, do you think that’s awful?” She rubbed the red rawness of her eyes.

“No, of course not Buffy. You did nothing wrong, what he did, that was awful.”

~~

Spike left the lights off in his room and closed the door tightly. Strumming his fingers against his head, scrunching his eyes shut fiercely he threw himself back onto the black covered mattress. He let his head dangle off the bed, eyes closed in thought.

‘“Stay away from me.”’ Her words haunted him.

‘I was so close, we were so close. I’m never gonna make it right, need that bloody miracle.’ He berated himself.

‘“Well in that case a day without the emergence of black leather and whatever hair care products you use, if any, should suffice. That would be a miracle if I ever saw one.”’ His father’s words sprang forth.

Spike shot off the bed in a hurry, a man on a mission.

~~

Buffy walked through the kitchen alone. Willow had left and her brothers had gone out for a celebratory dinner with Joyce. She leaned down onto the cold countertop, resting a flushed cheek on its icy surface, letting out a long sigh.

After telling Willow everything that had happened following the game, not to mention her history from back in LA she was exhausted, thoroughly disheartened and exhausted.

“Super-slut at it again.” She mumbled into the hard surface only to be jarred from her degrading thoughts by a rhythmic rapping at the door.

“Coming.” She jerked the door open wide. “Hel…” She froze.

The figure before her was foreign…

Gone were all signs of familiarity- sneakers peeked out from the edge of faded blue jeans and a polo shirt hugged his slim yet athletic build. Shaking hands held an array of fragrant flowers, soft tussled curls fell around what was the only recognizable image… his chiselled face.

“Evenin’ pet,” Spike smiled shyly, again something foreign to Buffy.

She struggled to reign in her thoughts and produce words.

“W- What are you doing here?” Her breathy voice, her wide eyes, her reaction wasn’t unfamiliar at all.

“I c-came by to…uh…” He stared down at his feet, stuttering.

“Flowers?” Buffy processed what was standing in front of her.

“They’re for you.” He pushed the bouquet under her nose, pulling away almost too quickly, the flowers dropping into her rising palms.

“Spike I…”

“Wait, before you say anything just wait…” Buffy looked a little taken aback, which was alright by him as long as she didn’t look like a door slamming in his face he thought he was doing fairly well. “I know what I said today was unforgivable, I’m very aware of what a complete prat I can be. But I came here to apologise ‘cause truth is you’re the last person I would ever want to hurt.” He drew in a deep breath.

Buffy didn’t make eye contact, her orbs becoming transfixed on the wooden floor.

“Buffy?” His voice quivered.

“I-I can’t, I just can’t…” Teary emeralds rose to meet his worried gaze only to slam shut upon reading the emotions written there. She backed away.

“Can’t WHAT? Can’t accept my bleedin’ apology, can’t be with me, can’t WHAT Buffy!” He expected rejection, but couldn’t hide the hurt and anger that it inevitably caused.

“THIS! I can’t do this… get flowers and smile and pretend that today didn’t happen. I just can’t.” Tears ran freely from her swollen eyes.

“I’m not askin’ you to pretend it didn’t happen, I’m askin’ that you maybe forgive me!”

“Fine you’re forgiven, but it still doesn’t change anything!”

“What the hell HAPPENED today Buffy? What went on in the bloody training room!?”

“Oh we’re back to this now!?”

“No, don’t DO that! I’m not blaming, or accusing… I just want to know what happened!”

“What does it matter… you’ll still think I’m a SLUT anyway!”

Spike’s eyes narrowed dangerously and he took in a needed gulp of air.

“Is that what you thought…?” He stopped again for more air, his growl dark and breathy.

“Well you saw me with…” An icy shiver raced through her body. “…And you assumed I was jumping his bones right? That is what you said!”

“NO!” He moved all the way into the house slamming the door behind him with astonishing force. “I NEVER thought that!”

“No?” Her tone was loosing conviction. “So you just asked me if something was going on between me and that asshole cause you figured what? He and I were bestest pals!?”

“How could you think…?”

“How could I NOT?!”

“Maybe ‘cause I CARE ‘bout you!”

“Could have fooled me.”

“It NEVER crossed my mind OK! I saw that wanker touching my girl and I went nuts. I lost it, I’ll admit it… I was…” He paused and looked away from Buffy’s wounded expression.

“I was afraid of losing you, which is stupid I know ‘cause I don’t even bloody have you. But I... we’re almost right… But I NEVER thought THAT! How could I… Buffy, I wouldn’t… I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Buffy remained immobile, astonished.

“Buffy, please…”

“Your girl?”

“Huh?”

“Y- You said… b- before…”

He crossed the foyer, leaning down and into her frail frame, scooping her head into comforting hands.

“Only in my dreams…” He stroked her tear stained cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. “Sorry luv, didn’t mean to be presumptuous before. Just slipped out.”

“I- It’s ok… and maybe your right?” She let the beginnings of a smile start on her lips.

“I’d like to think so.” He smirked then furrowed his brow. “Bout what exactly pet?”

“Maybe it’s better to just forgive and forget so to speak… start over?” She awaited a response.

“Of coarse sweetheart.” He smiled warmly.

“As long as you really don’t think…?”

“Not possible luv.”

“If you say so.”

“I do.”

“Then we’re ok?”

“We are… if you say you’ll still come out with me on Friday?” He almost pleaded with slight hesitation in his voice.

“I will.”

“You will?”

“Uh-Huh.”

A smile brighter than any she had known beamed down at her.

“I’m gonna go now.” He snorted at the confused pout on Buffy’s face. “Gotta get home before you change your bloody mind.”

“Funny!”

“I thought so.”

“Well, bye.” Buffy stepped forward opening the door.

“Yeah, right… bye.” He made his way onto the porch, stopping before Buffy shut the door completely.

“Buffy?”

“Yeah?”

“You are you know…”

“What?”

“My girl.”

~


*A/N: Please take the time to review thanks!*
Pep Talks by bloody_bint
Chapter 8: Pep-Talks

She worried her bottom lip and wrung her hands, becoming increasingly nervous as the minutes passed. Spike hadn’t shown up for their morning class, the substitute repeating his name again and again had made her nervous then, but nothing compared to now. Now that she hadn’t seen him all day, she prayed he had just skipped. Just as panic was swelling inside her a voice shattered the silence.

“Hey sista’.” Gunn smiled as he popped his head in before allowing his long lean body to follow.

“Hey Gunn, you’re late, really late, like Spike late, what’s up with that?” Buffy blushed slightly at the pet name before questioning the unprecedented incident.

“I actually came back in to get you girly, there’s no one else coming,” he peered down at the blonde apologetically.

“Oh… well… is Spike already out there cause usually he’s last and he could of at least let me know so I didn’t stay here like an idiot.’ She avoided eye contact knowing well that her annoyance didn’t completely hide her pain.

“No luck little lady, Spike’s not here today. Got a family thing, but he instructed me to let you sweat awhile before telling you what’s what and offering his apologies. He’ll pick you up at seven, with bells on I’m sure.” Gunn winked with the smirk that spread over his lips.

“OH! Thanks! Hey! SO not fair that he has you to do his evil bidding.” Buffy playfully elbowed Gunn as they moved together from the room and towards the fresh air.

“Hey now, don’t go shootin’ the messenger, plus its kinda fun watching you squirm.” He dodged another not so playful blow.

“Yeah, well I’m here to entertain, right.” They both giggled, the sunlight melting into their flesh.

Buffy took her place on the splintered bench and was quickly swept up in thoughts.

‘Turns out this day is a good after all. And with the not seeing Spike it’s like they say ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ right. So now it’ll be extra tingly delicious when he comes over to OH MY GOD… he’s coming over to MY house! Where my brothers live, and where I have a mother and a bedroom, and oh my god Spike in my bedroom! Oh bad… why cant I just… oh it’s no use. I’m bad.’

~~

Rupert Giles placed a reassuring hand across his sons back as they crept through the manicured paths of the cemetery. Spike was grateful for the support, but knew it was more for his father then for him, tears still drying on Giles’ stubbled face. They made their way in unison never taking their eyes from the course ahead, careful not to break the silence that seemed to be protecting them somehow. A muffled sob escaped from his father, making Spike tense. The silence had been broken.

“You right da’?” Spike’s eyes stayed locked forward.

“Yes quite. It’s- it’s just hard you know… I really can’t believe another year has passed.” Giles hung his head as he spoke.

“Been awhile.” He tried to sound indifferent, but fell short of the task.

“William, you really mustn’t…”

“Please da’, just don’t, please.” Desperation was evident through his voice.

“Right…” Giles knew his boy needed help, but was also well aware that pushing him would only accomplish the opposite, especially today of all days. Thus he changed the subject. “Have plans tonight?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I… I’ve got a date.” He mumbled through the admission as they approached the old Citroen.

“I’m terribly sorry but I don’t seem to speak disgruntled youth, care trying that again?” Giles snicked, ducking into the vehicle.

“I. Have. A. Date.”

“With a GIRL?!” Giles was well aware of his sons ‘reputation’, but being his father he was privy to the inside scoop. And the inside scoop was that Spike had never had a girlfriend let alone used the word date.

“HEY! WATCH it! You might be my da’… but me just sittin’ here, lettin’ you ‘ave a go isn’t bloody well likely!” He couldn’t believe that his own flesh and blood might actually think he didn’t like girls.

“Oh for heavens sake, I didn’t mean… dear lord I just meant you haven’t exactly brought home many young ladies now have you.” He eyed his son.

“Yeah, well I’m NOT startin’ now. No telling what you would say to her. I’m going OUT on a date- not IN… so don’t go getting’ your hopes up right.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it… now that we have that settled may I ask what this brave girl’s name might be?” He arched a brow at his boy as he drove.

“Buffy Summers.” Again his mumble was inaudible.

“Unless her name is that of some primitive grunting language that I know nothing about I suggesting you give it another go, yes.”

“Her name is BUFFY! Buffy Summers… bloody hell try listenin’ ole man!” Spike couldn’t hide his amusement at his father’s joke and although he attempted to sound annoyed he broke into laughter as he spoke, followed directly by Giles.

As the car pulled up to their home both men’s laughter finally subsided. They silently traversed the drive slipping through the door heading separate directions. They didn’t have to say anything more, as they settled into their own exploits both thought of the other with supreme appreciation and love, they always did, especially on the anniversary of Jenny’s death.

~~

Buffy sat; buried amongst the growing mound of clothing she was having no luck choosing from. She let out a long sigh and let her head fall back onto the outfit cushion surrounding her. She was contemplating surrendering to the pile, allowing herself to be swallowed up when a tapping at her door seized her attention. She attempted to stand but was taken aback literally when the mountain had other ideas. She summoned all her strength in one final effort to rise, barely succeeding.

“Come, in.” It came out strained as she made her way from the cloth prison.

“Hey Buff… sis… sister o’ mine who I haven’t seen in like forever.” Xander swung open her door stepping forward only to stop abruptly at the heaping barricade. “Let me guess, making a fort. Can I play?” He smiled widely.

“Ha-Ha, very funny… and hello o’ forgetful one… you saw me today at practice. Now shoo, date preparation is a delicate process and your testosterone is ruining my feminie touch, so get.” Buffy shoved her brother from her room.

“Ok, Ok.” He put his hands up in defeat before stopping suddenly. “Before I go… I… it… it’s not about Spike, and I know you can take care of yourself. I just… with everything… call, once, please it…”

“Of course ill call, you don’t have to worry. I’ll call, promise.” She leaned in kissing her twin on the cheek only to watch him smile and retreat down the stairs.

Buffy turned towards the department store mass that was quickly devouring her entire room. Slumping down near one edge she began to methodically pick through the visible pieces. Glancing casually at her clock she noticed that time had escaped her and immediately began sifting through her wardrobe with renewed vigour. ‘I’ve got to HURRY.’

~~

Spike staggered through a darkened kitchen jumping fiercely when the lights suddenly flickered on.

“Bleedin’ HELL! Are you tryin’ to give a guy a heart attack!” Spike clutched at his chest glaring at his father’s unexpected form.

“Perhaps.” Giles leaned on the doorframe a pleased smile crossing his lips. “What, pray tell, were you doing in the dark in the first place?”

Spike recommenced his interrupted deed, opening and leaning down into the fridge, returning with a single red rose hanging from his shaky hand.

“Just… um… ready to go- right.” He averted his father’s gaze, crossing the expanse between them, ducking around him quickly.

“William, before you go.” Spike ceased his movements at his father’s voice only to be gathered up in Giles’ tight embrace.

Father and son held each other, firmly, needing the support each other provided.

“Da’ you right? I could stay…”

“Nonsense, I’m fine. Really, you go and have a lovely time.” He ushered his boy to the door. “And William… please be on your best behaviour yes.”

Spike just smiled, his father knew him too well.

He negotiated the concrete plain towards the Desoto, fingers clutching the rose in one hand, his keys in the other. Spike slid the key into the lock, diving into the cracked leather, carefully placing the flower next to him before starting the engine. His mind drummed from one thing to another. ‘What a day.’ He flicked on the stereo, smiling softly when the loud beat assaulted his senses; he needed to clear his mind. Spike jarred his head to the music, letting it all go as various streets of Sunnydale flashed by.

~


*A/N: And next the date woop! Please review!*
Match by bloody_bint
Chapter 9: Match

Spike purposefully lifted his clenched fist to the Summers’ door, rapping his whitened knuckles against the dark wood. He was enthused to say the least, twitching slightly when he heard footsteps approaching- his anticipation stunted when it wasn’t Buffy who appeared in the doorway.

“What do you want?” Angel spat at Spike.

Typically Spike would have exuded confidence, quickly quipping about how he wanted Buffy, but not tonight, today had been rough and he just wanted to sail through this storm.

“I’m here to pick up Buffy… for our date. That right with you mate?” He forced a smile through is frustration.

“I’m not your MATE…and NO! It’s not. I asked you before… What. Do. You. Want. With my sister?” Angel glowered at the boy in front of him.

“Leave my DATE alone!” Buffy stopped halfway down the stairs, her glare piercing the back of her brother’s head. “Don’t you have some brooding to do in your basement big brother, really?”

“He started it.” Angel sulked away, his comment mumbled in annoyance.

Spike’s eyes finally fell on Buffy; she stood above him like an angel. A clingy red strapless dress hugged every curve of her tight body. Black heels laced up her ankles like ivy growing over her legs. Her hair danced over her shoulders in tighter curls then usual, cupping her shimmering face. Smoky emeralds stared back at him through their lust filled gaze.

Buffy finished her dissension, arriving in front of Spike, taking in all of his appearance.

The black slacks were smaller then someone else his size might wear, enhancing his slight hips and firm ass. A dark shirt hung usque due to two buttons being rebelliously left undone. His hair stood straight up in blond tuffs, free from the constraints of too much gel. The part that made Buffy weak with desire, he was wearing eyeliner, just a hint encasing his blue pools.

“You look bloody fantastic!” Spike broke the passionate silence unintentionally licking his lips as he praised her. .

“Did somebody get the…” Joyce suddenly appeared in the foyer smiling brightly when she noticed Spike. “Oh you must be William.”

Spike’s muscles seized at the familiar sound echoing through his mind, his eyes glazed over no longer allowing him to see Buffy, to see anything. He tried desperately to rid himself of the word. ‘It can’t be, it can’t be, it can’t be. She’s gone you idiot! You’re not him, you’re… ’

“Spike… SPIKE!” Buffy tugged on his arms trying to get his attention.

“What? No! Huh? Oh… sorry pet, I don’t know what came over me.” Spike steadied himself with a cleansing breath.

“You sure your good cause you looked pretty out there… I mean… I zone out sometimes but that gets the blue ribbon for sure.” She looked at him clearly worried.

“I’m sure, really. I probably just need some fresh air and some food. You ready to go?” He smiled softly, easing her concern.

“Yeah…” Buffy heard Joyce clearing her throat deliberately. “Oops! Sorry mom, my total bad! Spike this is my mother.”

“It’s nice to meet you… Spike was it? I thought my daughter mentioned your name being…”

“It’s a nickname! But I really do prefer it. It’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Summers.” The words spilled out in an accelerated rant as he kissed the back of her hand, he prayed she wouldn’t say his given name again.
.
“Spike it is then… and call me Joyce.” She instructed before facing Buffy. “You two have a wonderful time- behave yourselves.”

“Oh and Wi- Spike.” Joyce corrected. “You’re welcome here any time, don’t be a stranger ok.”

“MOM!” Buffy groaned. “Love you- don’t wait up, bye!” With that Buffy was pulling Spike from her home and down the driveway, away from her mother and any other embarrassing distractions.

“Easy kitten… were not on the clock here. Unless of coarse somethin’s gonna turn into a pumpkin at midnight, in which case I regret coming so late.” Spike slowed his pace, pulling her with him.

“Funny… and no- no pumpkins. I’m just excited… it’s nice- seeing you outside of school, and the training room, and practice.” She arched a poignant brow. “Wait… remind me again why I need to see you more?” They both shared a quick laugh. “It’s just… I could get use to it is all.”

“Glad to here it luv.” He wrenched open the passenger door they had just arrived at, ducking into the dark void for a moment before re-emerging flushed.

“It’s for you.” He tried to elude her stare, but was unsuccessful as he held the rose out with a quivering hand.

“Thank you.” He could feel her breathy whisper on his skin as she closed in on him, sweeping his lips into an astounding kiss.

“No pet, thank you.” Husky and deep he growled before stepping aside to give Buffy access to the black Desoto, racing around to his side directly after- they drove away from the house on Revello.

~~

Giles sat, clutching one of many drinks that evening, eyes puffy and raw from a lethal combination of whiskey and tears. He stared, transfixed on the thoughtfully placed picture beside him- gazing back his way with her brilliant two-dimensional smile.

“I miss you baby.” Giles’ voice was raspy and choked- the booze and pain taking its toll.

“I… it- it should have been me Jenny! I can’t do this without you.” Tears followed the set tracks down his tired face.

“You… I wasn’t even there and still… still it’s too hard.”

“Our boy is in pain Jenny… I- I can’t help him… I try and I can’t… you could make him see!” He took the picture up in one fisted hand.

“I’m letting you DOWN! Our boy needs me and I don’t know what to do… I CAN’T do it!” He screamed

The glass flew from his hand shattering on the far wall with a sharp sound that echoed through the darkness.

“DAMN-IT JENNY!” His voice quaked. “I love you.” Tears streamed freely as he slumped back onto himself, drenched in pain.

~~

Buffy fought the butterflies swirling in her stomach as they waited on their food, smiling shyly at his appreciative expression. She sipped at her water, yearning to take her mind off of everything Spike.

‘Mmmm water… water’s good… dolphins live in water…. swimming pools are filled with water… I take a shower in water… shower, mmmm Spike in the shower, damn-it.”

“Warm enough?” Spike’s voice sent her reeling back into reality.

“What? Huh?” Unfortunately reality was confusing Buffy at the moment.

“You shivered before. I thought you might feel a slight chill is all, didn’t mean to confuse you kitten.” He winked, stroking her hand with his thumb.

“Oh, right… NO. I’m actually really hot… I mean warm. I’m fine! The temperature here is fine.” Her crimson tone gave away her embarrassment. She thanked the powers that be that he only knew about her verbal bad and not the real reason she was so flush.

“So where were you today?” She decided to change the subject before she did something else embarrassing.

“Cemetery.” Spike answered casually before realising what he had said, stunned at his candid admittance.

“You were at a cemetery?” Buffy gave him a quizzical look.

“Um… yeah… for … for a …” He tried to back pedal.

“Funeral?” Buffy tried at a guess, confused by his sudden change in demeanour.

“Y-Yeah.” He thought about the implications, but only for a moment, anything was better then the truth. “A friend of a friend of a friend died… da’ made me go, it wasn’t anything really.” He looked everywhere but into her eyes as he lied.

Before Buffy could argue the waiter appeared brandishing their meals.

‘Bloody hell! THAT was close! Well done Spike, just tell her all about what a messed up failure you are on your first date. Cemeteries are always a great dinner conversation piece you wanker. Just SHUT-UP and eat William’

~~

His hand finally slipped from the thick glass bottle lying empty beside him. His eyes and heart had given in long ago, their will not seemingly as strong as that of the hand. It wasn’t sleep, sleep implies restfulness and peace, Giles felt none of those things as his body continued to breath, continued to live, feeling nothing. Wasn’t it suppose to get easier as the years passed, no, it was always harder- people lie.

Year one, Giles wept with William- both inconsolable for days.

Year two, Giles wailed and roared- screaming words of revenge, things broke. William cried alone.

Year three, Giles added booze to the mourning rage. William said nothing- no tears.

Now, on the verge of alcohol-induced coma, Giles’ mind thought of his son. His body clung to its moisture, withholding tears as he prayed for a release for his boy, a release from the pain. Every year it was more severe. Giles was the cliché- the lamenting widower; William was without label, he was the one to worry about. His breathing shallowed, but persisted as Rupert drew himself in, tucking away stray appendages- readying him for a long night.

~~

“Ohhhhhh, I ate way too much- my tummy is angry.” Right on que a deep gurgle escaped Buffy’s swollen stomach.

“What are you on about? You didn’t even finish that third slice of… what was it? Double chocolate fudge cake.” Spike arched a brow and laughed at the glare he received between moans of pain.

“You’re evil! You encouraged me! It’s not good to aid an addiction, you know that!” she clutched her abdomen in protest.

“What? And miss out on you almost consuming your entire bleedin’ body weight in chocolate.” scoffing he placed a hand over his heart. “I’m no saint.”

“You got that right, you… you evil non-sainty guy!” She huffed in frustration, turning away.

“Right, that’s enough of that. I’m sorry- how ‘bout we walk it off? Sound good to you my little Oompa-Loompa.” He snorted, grabbing the hand that struck his chest- pulling her into him.

“Hey! Not fair, you can’t be all smooth and romancey when I’m mad at you!”

“Is that right?”

“Yes, it’s a rule!”

“What about makin’ up luv?” Spike nibbled the tender flesh of her neck. “Can’t I apologize?”

“Y-You’re forgiven.” She stepped back. “Walking sounds nice.”

Spike smirked at Buffy’s shy smile and unsteady legs, but said nothing, taking her hand- leading her down Main Street.

“Stupid git!” He cursed himself. “You must be freezin’ kitten.”

Before Buffy could comment he swooped down, enveloping her shivering frame in the folds of his duster flush against his body.

“That better luv?” He smiled, kissing her forehead.

“Jury’s still out…” She smiled up at him wryly. “I’ve never actually worn a coat with someone attached before… it’s nice, in a having NO personal space kinda way.”

“Come on. Don’t pretend you’re not just a little bit in love with it pet.” He arched a scarred brow.

“How’d you get this?” She spoke softly as she traced the mark.

“Um, right… got in a fight is all, cheap shot.” He avoided eye contact, swallowing hard.

“How old were you, it’s healed pretty…”

“Four-teen.” He cut in, shivering slightly.

“Who’d you get in a fight with at fourteen!”

“Don’t BLOODY know!” He pushed away. “Said it was a cheap shot!”

Buffy folded her arms over her exposed shoulders, staring adamantly at the pavement.

“S-Sorry… I didn’t mean… did I say something wrong?” Her voice cracked.

“No…” He crossed the expanse between them. “Course not kitten. I- I’m sorry… I’m just not use to people getting’ the jump on me is all, touchy subject.”

“Oh… I understand… I was just trying to get to know you better. I just wanted…”

“Well let’s see what we can do ‘bout that shall we.” He drew her into the warmth and intimacy of his coat once more.

“Want to know all my ins and outs do you, let’s give you a run down then- right goldilocks.” He brushed the hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear.

“I have to worn you though… I’m a bad man.” She giggled as he growled into her neck.

“Hmmm, where to begin… I’ll think give the little girl a lesson ‘bout all my favourite things.” Spike leaned down resting his forehead on hers. “I like to kiss you.” He brushed across her lips with a tender kiss.

“I’m bloody good at…” He licked and suckled down her jaw line, tracing her curves as she groaned.

“I want to…” He took her ear lobe in his steaming wet mouth- nibbling fiercely.

“And I dream ‘bout…” He traced two fingers down her dress halting just shy of where her thong hugged and began rubbing tight circles across the invisible line educing an inundation of dampness amid her legs
.
“See now you know all ‘bout me luv.” He dropped his tone even lower breathing heavily into her ear. “Here end-ith the lesson.”

Buffy allowed her eyes to flutter open and drew in a long breath to regain use of all her faculties- she was weak with desire, but contained herself.

“Huh… is that all? Tell me something I don’t know.” She yawned, a smirk gracing her face. She clenched her jaw to keep from giggling.

“Kitten wants more huh?” He howled, plunging towards her lips.

The crashing embrace seized them completely. Even Spike didn’t anticipate the intensity, both opening their eyes wide for an instant. He gobbled up her plump bottom lip, forcefully savouring her. They didn’t advance just remained glued to one another, grinding their mouths, tasting. After an extensive phase their inflamed faces wrenched apart, both panting for air.

“Oh, oh… people are staring.” Buffy ducked deep into the shelter of the leather.

“Lucky bunch they are.” Spike snickered holding her secure.

“We should probably call it a night, not that I didn’t have a nice time. I DID!” She turned scarlet. “I should just be getting home, you know.”

“I completely agree luv.” He tiltied her head up. “On one condition.”

“And what’s that?”

“Come over to my place tomorrow night?”

“What! Really? I don’t know?”

“Please pet… my da’s got a gig- will be out all night… say you’ll come.” He pouted.

“I’m not sure that’s such a good idea, and your dad has a what?” Buffy shot a confused look.

“He sings and plays the bloody guitar at the coffee shop, and you don’t have to tell me how bleedin’ traumatic it is… I’m well aware.”

“Oh.” She giggled. “I think it’s kinda cute.”

“Oh do you…” A wide smirk spread across his face. “Well in that case it runs in the family.”

“You’ll have to prove it to me some time.”

“That mean you’re coming over tomorrow?”

“I guess it does.”

~



*A/N: First date! Just a little thing but there is WAY more Spuffy moments to come! Please please please review.... makes the plot bunnies dance!*

Special thank you to Cordykitten, Photographynut, and Pet for always leaving such lovely reviews! *hugs you guys to death*
Eyes Off the Ball by bloody_bint
Chapter 10: Eyes off the ball

Buffy tiptoed through the foyer, wary not to rouse anyone- still giddy from the remarkable night. Creeping up the stairs she hastily darted down the hall towards her room, awaiting the safety within. Before her hand could turn the knob allowing her passage she noticed the dull light peeking from underneath.

‘Damn-it Buffy!’ She mentally chastised. ‘He only wanted you to call.’

One swift flick of her wrist and she pivoted around the slightly ajar timber, snapping it closed without a sound.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” She flew to Xander, who was hunched over on the floor reading a comic book.

“Keep it coming! Much in the way of grovelling is needed.” He folded his arms deliberately. “I suggest you take shifts, grovel, sleep, grovel, sleep.”

“I know this was my total bad, and I feel awful. Look… guilty Buffy face.” Fluttering her lashes she sulked.

“Nope, not good enough. I demand restitution.”

“Like what mom does at the gallery to those old paintings? Gross!”

“That’s restoration.”

“Oh? Then what…”

“Never mind.” Xander shook his head before continuing. “I know Spike is on the team… and he seems fine in his own un-dead sort of way.” He recoiled at the smack he received. “And I surely know that you can take care of yourself, but you… we… we all just met him. What if something happened?”

“I know I forgot to check in, but I would have called you at the first… before first actually! Pre… at the pre-sign of trouble… promise.” Buffy clarified.

“What if trouble was to fast for you? Like lightening… or a cheetah… or Starbucks?”

“I’m sure… whether I called or not, I never would have escaped the evil ploys of coffee-to-go.” She mocked.

“Hey now! Never underestimate the power and motives of a fast growing chain... you should ask yourself… where do they get all that foam?”

“Out! Go! I’m not staying up to discuss the possible apocalyptic plans of a coffee shop!” Buffy drug Xander to his feet.

“I’m just sayin’.” He whined.

“Sleep, me, now… I love you goodnight.”

“Wait, before I go.” He delayed for her nod. “How did your date with Count Bleachula go anyway?”

“You do realise that calling him names is only going to make me want to date him more. I mean you do know that right?” She enlightened him, crossing her arms in objection.

Buffy continued after basking in the crestfallen look Xander wore.

“It went fine. He was a perfect gentlemen, happy now?” He nodded. “Now go! I need to sleep.”

“Night Buff.” He leaned down placing a tiny kiss on her forehead before disappearing into his own room next-door.

“Night.”

~~

Spike bounded along his driveway a supremely euphoric feeling pulsing through him. He twisted the key in the lock, gliding inside with a grace that usually eluded him. Just as his first foot hit the stairs he went rigid with fear, that noise. A hoarse anguishing moan, he wanted to run, hide even. But he stood stalk still waiting, wondering if it was real.

It came again and he flew into action, rounding the corner towards the study following the primal groans.

“DA’!”

Spike flung himself into the archway, pausing briefly, allowing himself a moment to adjust to the absence of light. A heartbeat later his eyes fixed upon the crumpled form of his father and he dove, immediately seizing fist fulls of sweater- shaking him.

“Da’? DA’, daddy!” He begged for a response, eyes welling. “OH god I- I never should have left you, not today. God please.”

Prying dead lids apart Spike inspected his father’s eyes, cowering when they rolled back, whites glaring at him.

Another guttural reverberation echoed through the dark space.

“Da’? Please, what happened? Should I call someone, are you gonna be ‘right. Please, please, SAY SOMETHING!” He roared jerking him violently.

“W- William…” Giles croaked, voice raspy and cracked due to the abuse it had endured.

“Oh, da’ I’m so sorry… I…”

“Nonsense.” It took everything within him to speak.

“No, it’s all my bloody fault…”

“William…” Somehow he steadied his hoarse whisper. “I need…”

“Yes da’ anything…”

“I need you to know that nothing… nothing has been your fault… your mother…”

“STOP! Fuckin’ hell! It WAS and you know it!” He spat, grinding his teeth, yearning to flee.

“William you did nothing wrong…”

“I did NOTHING!” Spike screeched, rebellious tears breaking free.

“Dear lord!” He coughed brutally. “You were 14 years old boy, and you were hurt, what in god’s name did you hope to do?’

Collapsing onto his father’s chest- tremors erupting through him, Spike released a tiny whimper.

“Save her.”

~~

Buffy curled into the warmth of her comforter, holding Mr. Gordo close. She burrowed deep into the nest of cotton worrying her bottom lip.

‘I’m a bad sister… I’m worse then bad, I’m appalling! That’s what I am I’m an appalling sister. After what happened in LA I should have cared more.’

She sighed, drawing the stuffed pig away, looking him in the hard plastic eye.

“I need to make it up to him…” She awaited a response, continuing after a silent moment. “And I need to talk to Willow, tell her all about my…” She drew in her breath. “Mr. Grodo you’re a genius! After all I did make them my new project, it’s about time I get a little work done.” She giggled.

With that Buffy cuddled into herself feeling complete reprieve from her guilt with her new plan simmering in her mind. She fell swiftly off to sleep.

~~

Father and son remained connected. Consoling one another for a lengthy period, long enough to dry tears and restore simple motor functions. Giles inhaled profoundly, rising to a sitting position, stirring his boy.

“Come now, let’s get you to bed shall we.” Rupert griped Spike’s shoulders hauling both of them to their feet, only to stumble backwards- being caught by his son’s strong hold.

“No da’… let’s get you to bed, yeah.” He coaxed Giles to lean on him before starting off.

“I’m sorry William…”

“Enough of that. You need some sleep… and probably a bucket… and definitely a bath, but we’ll have to settle for some water right.” He gently settled his father into the safety of his own bed before darting off to retrieve the much-needed water.

“Goodnight William, I assume we will talk about this…”

“Another time, yes da’. Night.”

Spike sought solace within his room. Curling onto his bed- drawing his legs up, twisting until he was as diminutive as possible.

‘I can’t handle this bleedin’ hurt in my chest, never used to be this bloody hard, not before.’ Tears resurfaced. ‘It’s the soddin’ girl, since she came ‘bout it’s been nancy-boy this and nancy-boy that. You can’t keep your head straight.’ They streamed down his face liberated again. ‘You’re not him, your not, you’re a bad evil thing! It was your fault! You’re not him, you’re not him, you’re not!’

William wept, drowning in tears, trying desperately to persuade himself that he wasn’t like this, that he was stronger. Sleep eluded him.

~



*A/N: Hope you liked, please take a moment to let me know... pwwwwease!*
Teammates by bloody_bint
Chapter 11: Teammates

The bright morning sun echoed that a new day had dawned. Buffy had slept well, and now, as she sat cross-legged on her floor she contemplated her new scheme.

‘Xander plus Willow equals one super sister, one very appreciative brother and a new best friend so giddy-times-ten that she may actually explode. Hmmm, do I deserve some kinda award for this or what?’ She smiled.

The lullaby like chime of the doorbell swept through the house to waiting ears, prompting a giddy voice.

“I GOT it!” Buffy took the stairs two at a time, both hands bracing herself on the door upon her landing.

“HI Will!” She greeted her equally excited friend flinging the door open.

“HI! This is so cool! I’m so glad you called! So TELL me were there smoochies, I bet there were smoochies weren’t there!?” Willow was bursting at the seams.

“Breath Willow! And can we please wait until we are at least munchie clad and bedroom bound before we start with the girly divulging I have TWO noisy brothers you know!” Buffy looked around checking for any unwanted eavesdropping.

“Right! Sorry! I’ll be good, not another word about your date, nothing about Spike, I will refrain from mentioning smoo…”

“WILL!”

“Sorry! Sometimes my mouth and my brain stop with the communication and I know I should be quiet but it doesn’t happen so much.” She shied away, embarrassment creeping over her ivory face.

“It’s cool.” Buffy turned, leading Willow towards the kitchen. “I just have to watch out you know…” She looked back at her friend and continued plotting forward. “My brothers are everywhere…” Buffy slammed into Xander’s chest.

“It’s easier to walk around, promise.” A goofy smiled shone down on Buffy.

“See my point.” She shot a knowingly irritated look back at Willow.

“So what are you lovely ladies up to today?” His gaze slid from Buffy to Willow settling there.

“Actually, I’m probably going to regret this later, but if you’re not too busy this afternoon I thought we could all go to the mall. Do lunch, get with the lazy Saturday?”

“You don’t have to ask me twice, and if you did, my answer would still be yes!” He winked at Willow.

“Well, Will and I have much in the way of girly-gossip to get on with, but after we’ll come and get you and we can have fun bugging Angel until he agrees to drop us off, ok.”

“Sounds great except for the NO! See I like living, so I tend to lean towards the self-preservation if you catch my drift. And bugging Angel, NOT on my list of fun things… YOU can get with the bugging and I will hide on the other side of the nice reinforced door, ok.”

“Great I’ll take care of the heavy lifting and you can provide plucky comic relief, sounds like a plan!” Buffy quipped, patting her brother on the arm.

“SEE… we’re twins… apart we are just man, and woman.” He added. “But together we make a super-human! We could probably take over the world.” He giggled.

“Hmmph, we should look into it.” Buffy shrugged.

“Until then we’ll just have to settle for teaming up on big-and-brooding, and by teaming up I mean you teaming and me wetting myself.” He used flamboyant hand gestures to emphasis his points.

“Hmmm?” Buffy thought. “Well at least we’re a well rounded super-human.” Smiling brightly with her light teasing.

“Yeah what you lack in, well, sucky qualities I more then make up for.”

“It’s not good to be too perfect.”

“That’s what I’m here for sis.”

“And you do a super job, really!”

“Gee thanks, I’m really feelin’ the love.”

“Your welcome!”

“I’ll thank you later.” He scoffed.

Buffy looked over to Willow.

“Yeah, I think you will.”

~~

Spike sucked in large gulps of air, arms spread to either side of the door frame. He heard someone plodding towards the entrance and waited, sighing with relief. He wore torn jeans and a dirty shirt, having changed from his dress clothes in a flash before running out the door that morning, no shower, and no sleep.

“Hey man, you’re not looking so good. I mean really bro, you look all kinds of crap.” Gunn regarded his panting friend with a severely arched brow as he opened the door.

“Bloody hell, really NOT baskin’ in the compliments here!” Spike glared pushing himself off the door in a huff.

“You’re the one that looks like he might have skipped sleeping for, oh lets say, the last century! Wasn’t your date last night? What’s up with the nastiness, cause face it dude, you kinda smell.” Gunn put his hands up in mock peace before covering his nose.

“If you want me gone you can just say so! Don’t have to lay it on so thick mate. Came here ‘cause I needed a friend so I’m not ‘bout to stick ‘round for you to tell me just how thoroughly repulsive my life is. I’m aware!” Spike backed away as he finished.

“Hold up! Touchy this morning aren’t we! Look man, I don’t want you gone… what I want is for you to tell me why you’re on the verge of being mistaken for a homeless guy and then for you to tell me why you’re here to talk to me and not with Buffy!” Gunn pointed an accusing finger at Spike.

“I’m HERE, you BLOODY wanker, cause I thought you were my friend for fuck sake! Maybe I don’t fancy spillin’ my heart and soul to just ANYONE!” Spike spat through gritted teeth.

“Buffy isn’t ANYONE! And you would know that if you weren’t so HELL bent on kicking your own ASS!” Gunn had to seize Spike’s arm before he turned and left. “Come into the DAMN house and listen to me for a minute, that’s what you’re here for right- to talk? So sit down, shut up and let someone else run their mouth for a change!” Gunn stormed through the living room, pulling Spike along until they reached a back deck and a bench, he slammed Spike down firmly.

“You gonna listen?”

Spike nodded at Gunn like a sullen child.

“Look man… I’ve known you forever, since before you were the big bad and all that, since before your mom died.” Gunn stood over his friend pausing briefly when he noticed tears instantly welling at the mere mention of the deceased.

“You have NEVER, in all that time, felt the way you feel about Buffy. When you were younger that was due in large part to the fact that you were a grade ‘A’ wussy-boy. But the last few years you’ve been practically RUNNING from people, anyone who wants to get close! This self-loathing trip you’re on, it has GOT to end!”

A lengthy moment stretched on.

“I- I’m just… what if she runs screamin’ when she finds out who I am… what I’ve done?” Spike stuttered nervously.

“First off you haven’t done anything…” Gunn was stopped short by the scowl he received. He knew better then to push Spike when it came to the blame he felt for his mother’s death so he just sighed before continuing on. “Right, well if she takes off then I guess your taste isn’t as good as I woulda thought. And look on the bright side, you’ll still have me to come crawling back too.” Gunn winked.

“You tryin’ to be helpful, ‘cause it sounds a lot more like you being a complete prat!”

“I just tell it like it is my friend.”

“Yeah well, you seem to have a knack for pointing out what a pathetic ponce I am.” Spike stood at that, slipping his hands into his pockets.

“Hey, what can I say man. That’s what friends are for.” Gunn threw his hands up.

“Remind me again why I’m your friend?” Spike couldn’t control the smile forming and the laughter that wanted to break free.

“Maybe it’s my devilishly handsome good looks?”

“Not bloody well likely baldy!”

“HEY! If it isn’t the pot calling the kettle black, bleach head!”

“Stupid Git!”

“Big baby!”

“Wanker!”

“Wait!” Gunn broke the tirade.

“What?”

“What did you come over for? I mean, what was actually wrong bro?” Gunn’s smile faded to a worrisome expression.

Spike contemplated the events of the previous night, the helpless feeling that had filled him after finding his father lying crumpled on the floor.

As each hour through the night passed he had become more and more convinced that he was becoming weak again, becoming like he use to be. Spike had rushed off to Gunn’s- idea in his head that Buffy was bringing out a side of him that he had spent much effort hiding, a side that wasn’t reliable. Though now, standing in front of a friend that knew him all too well he realised Gunn was right. He couldn’t push Buffy away, he had to be stronger then that.

“You know mate? I think in your own twisted way you covered it.”

~



*A/N: Hope you like! Thanks again to the wonderful cordykitten, PhotographyNut, Pet and Midnite_Holic for always reviewing I appreciate it more than you know. Please take a moment to let me know what you think! Reviews are love.*
Game Plan by bloody_bint
Chapter 12: Game Plan

“What time you leavin’?” Spike asked eagerly, popping into the living room just having returned home from Gunn’s.

“In a hurry to get me out of the house?” Giles plucked the glasses from his face.

“Yeah.” Spoken pointedly.

“At least I didn’t raise you to lie, even if it would be in your best interest at this particular moment.” He cleaned and replaced the specs.

“Buffy’s comin’ over, AND before you have a stroke, I think you should know that I’m different around her. More myself… on my best behaviour… except for the snoggin’ in public, but that was different. And I think this is good for me… and all those rumours at school aren’t true… well… except for the one ‘bout Mrs. French, but that was different. So basically I just think you should go to your gig, have a great time and all that, and Buffy and I will be here… alone… but it’s…”

“Different?” Giles inserted.

“Yeah?”

“I completely agree.”

“You do?”

“Yes. Miss Summers seems like an exceptional young woman and I am more then trusting of you William. I will be gone by eight.” He smiled softly.

“You feelin’ alright Da’?”

“Quite.”

“Well in that case forget ‘bout the snog and the substitute, right.”

“Gladly.”

~~

“What time we leaving?” Xander asked zealously popping his head into Buffy’s room.

“Now OK! We’re done- NO thanks to YOU jumping in here and asking us when we’re going every five minutes!” Buffy crossed her tanned arms over her chest and commenced pouting.

“Sorry Buff, but this time is different- I actually have a reason for the buggin’. Angel looks like he’s heading out, we might want to increase the speed if we’re gonna catch him.” He nodded informatively.

“Why didn’t you say that in the first place?! Real nice Xand!” Buffy sprung from her seat, heading immediately for the stairs.

“What? What I do?” He sulked.

“It’s a girl thing.” Willow inserted before pointing a finger and pausing for a deliberately placed scowl.

“Women.” With that he followed the girls downstairs.

Buffy cut Angel off at the door just as he reached for the knob. Willow and a hesitant Xander speedily lining up beside her.

“Cute, really, you’re like the Three Stooges. However, I’m not in the mood for comedy, I’m busy.” Angel went for the knob a second time.

“Too busy to drop us at the mall on your way out?” Buffy pushed her bottom lip out to its hilt and swayed innocently, eyes pleading.

“That about sums it up, yeah.” He avoided Buffy’s gaze, instead focusing on an obviously agitated Xander.

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!” Her arms flew around her brother’s torso.

Buffy looked back gesturing for Willow and Xander to join in. Suddenly arms clipped in around Buffy followed by a second pair around Willow.

“Ohhhhhhhggg!” Angel’s effort at sounding repulsed fell short, a smile and snort escaping.

“It’s a hug-a-thon, we’re like a hug train!” Xander quipped.

“OK that’s enough! I’ll take you, get in the car, NOW!” Angel pried himself from the embrace, opening the door and pointing emphatically towards his convertible.

“Thank you big brother!” Buffy leaned in and kissed his cheek before scurrying out into the sunshine.

“Thank you big brother!” Xander mocked leaning in, only to be shoved out the door.

Willow looked up at Angel and ran.

~~

“Should I be worried?” Giles posed stopping at his son’s open bedroom door.

“Don’t DO that!” Spike jumped, almost crumbling to floor as a result.

“But it’s so fun.” He snickered accepting the glare he received. “Now once more, should I or shouldn’t I be worried?”

“‘Bout what?” The best innocent look he could muster planted in place as he shrugged.

“Well, you’re eighteen years old. Which means you’ve had over 6,500 chances to clean this room, but instead have chosen to hazard contracting many toxic diseases and possible suffocation by dirty laundry- until today. Thus one would assume the world is about to end, yes.” He arched his brow and smirked.

“You ever think ‘bout goin’ on the road with that act ol’ man, bloody hilarious it is.” Spike snorted in reply.

“Come now, I’m just having a little fun.” A jubilant giggle and smile rolled off him.

“Well it’s not appreciated right! I’m a little nervous here and you crakin’ out the oldie jokes isn’t helpin’!”

“I’m not that old, for heavens sake!”

“Really? What’s your set tonight? Let me guess… old seventies soft rock, old seventies soft rock, whiny Clapton ballade, old seventies soft rock.” He scoffed.

“NO! I’ll have you know that I’m singing Clapton at the end of the set!” He faked shock.

“Yeah cause that sends you reeling back 10 or 20 years at least!”

“You’re right, it’s no use- I should just forget about my visions of youth and grandeur and stay home tonight.” He eyed his son.

“You know you’re lookin’ good today da’, really, it’s like a new you!”

“A little desperate aren’t you…. what exactly do you have planed for tonight?” Giles arched a brow in anticipation.

“Nothin’ special…” He scanned his freshly cleaned room, avoiding eye contact. “Maybe some dinner… talkin’… singin’.” He whispered the last confession.

“Forgive me I must have missed that last one?” His eyes danced and lips curled mischievously.

“Singin’!”

“What have you done with my son?”

“Look… I mentioned to Buffy that you had a gig tonight right… next thing I know she’s cooing ‘bout how bloody cute it is and I might have mentioned that it ran in the family.” He winced at his full confession.

“Well, good thing it does then, yes.” His amusement was clearly evident.

“I don’t know what I was bloody well thinkin’ I cant sing in front of her!” He dropped to the floor defeated and angry.

“Then don’t.”

“Oh you just have all the answers don’t you.”

“Well yes.” With a purposefully pompous tone he stepped back, readying himself to depart.

“Funny.”

Giles began walking away

“William…” He stopped part way down the hall to assert a final thought. “The other acoustic is in the study.”

~~

“How about this one!” Buffy held up a lacy strip of deep red fabric.

“Uh…um… shouldn’t we be going, I mean, Xander is going to be waiting for us right.” Willow’s face tinted with shame and her eyes pleaded for relief.

“Come on Will, I need your female opinion here! Besides we have like 10 minutes.” She pleaded, scrunching several frilly garments in her tiny fists.

“I cant! I mean… my opinion, though female, is without thoughts on, well… lets just say I still have Kermit and Miss Piggy underwear somewhere in my dresser, ok.” Her cheeks darkened as she shrugged apologetically.

“Pleeeease! I need something sexy.” Willow’s eyes widened at Buffy confession. “It’s not like anyone’s gonna see my new pretty, I just want to be girly, you know.”

“Well…” Willow arched a brow suspiciously. “In that case, the red, definitely the red.”

“The red it is!” Buffy wiggled it in the air, leaving the losers behind.

“So no ones gonna see it huh?” Willow quizzed deviously.

“NO! Of course not!” Buffy flamed with embarrassment.

“Right.”

~


A/N: hope you liked! dates up next! please let me know if you liked... makes the plot bunnies dance! thanks as always to the fantastic four: Pet, cordykitten, Midnite_Holic, and PhotographyNut, love you guys.
Home field advantage by bloody_bint
Chapter 13: Home field advantage

It was 8:23 pm.

“Where the hell is my lighter!” The empty house offered no answer.

Spike searched frantically, two un-lit candles adorning the perfectly set table before him.

The doorbell sounded causing him to jump back, his hip sticking the small end table to his left- his lighter tipping to the ground.

“Thank God!” He swiftly snapped the flame to life, brushing it over the eager wicks before shuffling off to greet his guest.

He drew in a slow breath prior to swinging the door on its hinges; it was all for naught however, when said breath caught in his throat.

“Good evening Mr. Giles.” She purred seductively, giggling when he unconsciously adjusted his tie.

“C-Come in.” He moved away slightly, giving her access to his home, eyes never leaving her.

“Thanks, um… I like the ensemble.” Her eyes combed over his appearance.

“Same to you pet.” He prowled around her, taking in every inch he could.

“You said dressy causal on the phone and I was a little worried I had gotten it wrong…” She smiled up at him. “But looks like I did ok.”

“You did good luv.” He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist leaving a whispery kiss on her nose.

Her grey knee length skirt swayed with her movements. And a short denim jacket partially hid a fitted white tank. Her hair pulled low into a shiny loose bun completed the requested look.

“I think t-shirts are over-rated, it should be a new law that all boys must wear dress shirts and ties with their jeans.”

“All boys?” He growled arching his scarred brow.

“Ok, amendment to new law, ‘all boys’ shall be replaced with ‘only Spike’.” She gasped when he captured her lips in a searing kiss.

“That’s better.”

“Much.”

Spike nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, sucking in her sweet aroma, nibbling tenderly on her sensitive flesh.

“Mmmm…” Buffy groaned out.

“You like that kitten?”

“Something smells sooooooooo good!” She murmured.

“Oi! Nice to know my efforts are appreciated!” He grumbled.

“Did you cook?”

“Uh… yeah.” Spike flushed.

“Then I think your efforts are very much appreciated.” Buffy lifted up on to her tippy-toes placing a loving kiss on his cheek. “Now let’s eat!”

~~

“…But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free”

Giles eyes sifted shut as he let the melody overtake him. His fingers danced with the strings, his mind wondering to his broken family as the words sunk deep into his thoughts.

“No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like I do, and I blame you!
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through…”

The verse struck a cord within, grief and concern for his son suddenly filling his psyche.

~~

“You like strawberries luv?” Spike began to gather the now empty dishes from the table, candlelight casting shadows about the room.

“There’s more!” Her eyes bugged. “After the half-a-cow I just swallowed I figured we were leaning towards done!”

“Mmmm- but the way you make it sound so appetising, how can we resist!” He giggled at the pink tongue that shot out at him.

“If I’m that disgusting why do you always feed me when we’re together huh!” Arms folded across her chest, lips pursed.

“Purely scientific basis. I’m curious to see how much you could actually consume before burstin’.” Buffy’s leg jolted out form underneath the table sticking his shin. “OWE, watch it! Got ‘spensive china here!” He winked before disappearing into the kitchen.

“So these strawberries…” She called after him. “They wouldn’t be of the chocolaty variety would they?”

“Knew that bottomless pit would get the best of you.” His voice echoed into the dining room.

“Hey! Well if you’re gonna be that way then I wont even look at your stupid berries!” She huffed.

“Oh, none then? I’ll just toss these…” Spike appeared brandishing a tray of deep red berries all coated in thick chocolate.

Buffy’s eyes grew wide and hungry.

“No! I mean, there’s no sense in getting rid of them if you already made them and all.” She reached for the tantalizing morsels.

“Ah- Ah- Ah! We relocate and then you can stuff your gob until your hearts content right kitten.” He held the forbidden fruit high as he backed out of the room.

“Meany!” She pouted before following him to the stairs. “Where exactly are we relocating to?”

“You’ll see.”

“Uh, I’m not sure we should be going… up there.” She halted mid-stair, nervous.

“Yeah, you’re right, cause being another 10 feet off the ground is wrong.” He jeered.

“Don’t play innocent with me Casanova… I know your tricks!” She bit out.

“Oh? And what tricks are those?”

“Sexy fruit, sexy bedroomage and…uh…”

“Sex?”

“Yes, I mean NO!” She gasped. “SEE! I knew it!”

“You know you’re bloody adorable when you’re brassed pet.” He slid down the steps separating then. “But since we’re not going to my room, you can relax. And I apologise for my fruit being sexy, wasn’t my intention.” Again he winked.

“Oh.” She flared deep red with embarrassment. “Sorry.”

“No need for apologies luv, least not until you see where I’m actually takin’ you.”

“So where are…”

“It’s a surprise.”

Buffy followed Spike up to the second floor in silence, past several bedrooms, to the dead-end of a hallway.

“Ohhhh how romantic.” She mocked.

“You’ll eat those words sassy girl.” His eyes never left hers as he balanced the tray on one arm while reaching up with the other, tugging once aggressively a ladder folded down from the ceiling.

She stared, unconvinced.

“Fine I'll go first.” With that he ascended the secret staircase. “Coming?”

Buffy cautiously began to climb.

“Close your eyes.”

“What? I’m kinda using them right now, thanks.”

“I’ll take your hand when you get close, now close your eyes.”

She obeyed.

She didn’t even hear what he said after his voice instructed her to open her eyes. Her senses shut out everything, keen on absorbing her magical surroundings.

The roof hideaway wasn’t visible from the street. Adorned with creeping ivy and bright roses sleeping in antique pottery it was a world in itself, truly a secret garden, a garden in the sky.

“The stars.” Was all that she managed to whisper.

“Yeah, looks like your tucked up in ‘em eh.” He never looked at the stars, his gaze engrossed in the beauty before him.

“Uh-huh.”

“So we can stay? Not gonna get ‘em handed to me am I?” He smirked.

Her gaze dropped from the sky.

“Huh? Oh, No. We can definitely stay, its beautiful out here.” She swung around like a child.

“It sure is.”

“Is that a guitar?”

He froze.

~~

“Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm
I know
It's been coming for some time
When it's over so they say
It'll rain on a sunny day
I know
Shining down like water…”

“I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know
Have you ever seen the rain?”

Rupert paused, drew in a breath.

“…Comin’ down on a sunny day.”

~~

“Stupid meddlin’ da’.” Spike grumbled under his breath.

Buffy skipped over to the instrument lifting it with a delicate touch.

“SO what are you gonna play while I… stuff my gob as you so sweetly put it?” She smiled devilishly.

“I don’t… I can’t…” He hunted for an excuse, uncovering none.

“I guess you’re taking request then.” Buffy made herself comfortable on the cool tile. “Hmmm… a love song maybe…” Spike cringed. “Nope, not that cruel, maybe something…punk...” She giggled at the hopeful expression that elicited. “Nah, too loud…” His eagerness depleted. “How about an original tune?”

He searched her eyes for a long moment contemplating the situation, rolling her words over in his mind.

“What makes you think I write luv?” Voice cool and calm seeking out solace from the dilemma.

“Well, you are a walking contradiction… every time I think I know something about you… it changes… so I guess I figured since you sing, which is a shock unto itself, you might write.” She held his stare, pursuing the azure depths for hidden truths.

“You’re very perceptive.”

“Is this when you tell me ‘I’m very perceptive, just not right now’?” She rolled her eyes at his evasiveness.

“Nope.”

“So you’re gonna sing something you wrote?” Buffy could barely contain the anticipatory tingling racing through her veins.

“Nope.”

“Lose the cryptic already.” She demanded.

“Sorry. Not tonight, but in time luv, in time.”

She read the need and resolve in his deep blues.

“Fine… you can sing anything you want, or don’t. I don’t care… as long as I can start in on the yummy decadence, I’ll be good.” She held the guitar out for him, her other empty hand outstretched for the tray.

The trade went smoothly and they both sighed as the situated themselves against the pitch of the roof.

“Mmmmmm.” Buffy moaned in ecstasy as her lips slid over a smooth coated berry.

“You like?” Spike forced the words, almost chocking on his desire.

“Mmmm-Hmmmmm.”

“Keep that up and that won’t be the only thing makin’ you moan pet.” He warned in a low growl.

“Pig.” She managed between moans and chews.

“Look who’s talkin’.” He snorted playfully.

Buffy jutted out her swollen bottom lip, pouting hard.

“Look at that lip, gonna get it, gonna…” He leaned down slowly.

Buffy ducked away from his endeavour, rising to her feet in one swift motion.

“Hey?” a wounded expression flashed up at her.

“You’re it!” With that she darted for the opening in the roof, scurrying down the stairs- disappearing.

“You can run, but you can’t HIDE!” Spike hollered before storming off after her.

He stalked the length of the hallway leisurely, peering into each room as he passed. Slowing as he approached his own door.

“Should ‘ave left it open luv… maybe then you’d ‘ave had a…” He swung the door open freezing instantly when his eyes settled.

Buffy flushed, looking down at what she had discovered.

“You caught me?”

~




*A/N: The songs Giles sings are Behind Blue Eyes by The Who and Have you Ever Seen the Rain by CCR. Hope you liked! More date up next! Thanks for the reviews guys! PLease let me knoe what you think!*
Take one for the team by bloody_bint
Chapter 14: Take one for the team


“You caught me?” Buffy’s voice was laced with uncertainty.

“W-Where’d you get that?” Remaining stalk still he questioned.

“It caught the light, when I came in… it was tucked under your desk.” She took a step towards him, only to hesitate and loose her words.

‘First time in how many bloody days was it, and I had to tidy up today.’ Spike bowed his head, roughing his hair. ‘Well… at least I’ll have Gunn to crawl back to if this takes a nasty turn eh.’

He made his way across the space, sighing loudly as he dropped back onto his bed.

“Meet m’ mum.” The words rolled out smoothly like they flittered off his tongue everyday.

“She was beautiful.” Buffy gently took a seat beside him, setting the frame upright on his desk.

Spike jerked, muscles tightening at the casual use of past tense.

“Yeah, picture don’t do her justice.” He let out another long breath, fighting to remain calm and open, remembering Gunn’s words early that day.

“How long ago…” Buffy paused, hunting for the right phrase. “I mean, I heard that she… was gone, but when.”

“Four years.” In and out, he breathed.

“What happened?” Her voice sounded grave, she didn’t want to keep asking, but couldn’t seem to stop the words before they slipped from her lips.

“Just in the wrong place at the wrong time I reckon.” His hand covered his eyes, rubbing firmly.

“But what…”

“Look Buffy, I appreciate the sentiment, I do. But if it’s all the same, I’d like to change the subject, right.” He fidgeted awkwardly.

“Yeah, of course. I’m sorry I’m not usually so… pushy, but…” She took a steadying breath herself. “I just have one more question… if that’s alright I mean.”

Spike leaned on his elbows, finally lifting his eyes to hers, unspoken permission shining through.

“Does it…does what happened… have anything to do with why you don’t like being called William?” She held his stare bravely.

He let the air he had been unconsciously holding out in one long smooth breath, somewhat relieved she had moved the focus off of his mother, but surprised at the correlation she had made.

“What makes you think I don’t?” He tried for evasive.

“Well aside from you biting my head off the first, and only, time I made the mistake… you zoned big time when my mom made the uh-oh. You looked majorly wigged.”

When her return to character made him smile, lightly shaking his head, the mood instantly lightened, causing Buffy to take full advantage- stretching out comfortably along the other side of the bed.

“Yeah guess it does.” He reached up tucking a stray hair behind her ear, enjoying how comfortable he suddenly felt.

“So.” She leaned into his ministrations. “What was he like?”

~~

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please
…”

Giles sang out, passion and grief laden in his voice.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven…


He sang to his Jenny.

Would you know my name…”

~~

“Come again pet?” He let his hand fall from her creamy skin.

“Well you’re Spike now, and with the affinity for all things black and the sexy dye job I’d have to say its a little more then just a name.” She blushed at the proud smirk he suddenly wore. “So I was just wondering what you were like… before.”

“Well for starters kitten I was 14, so before we go delving into the deep dark, lets take note of that resounding fact.” He loosened his tie, letting it hang usque.

“Note taken.” She stared expectantly.

“Right. I was ‘bout like I am now, minus the black, the bleach and the big bad attitude. Oh and the name, good ‘nough.”

“Not even.” She pushed him back by the shoulder, glaring and smiling simultaneously.

“You really want to know what I was like pet?”

She shook her head rapidly.

“You asked for it.” He flipped himself, rolling off the bed, momentarily disappearing beneath it.

“What on earth are you…”

He returned, box in hand.

“Said you wanted to know me…” The box shook the mattress when it fell. “So I thought I’d add a few props to the demo, yeah.” He smirked at her slightly confused and worried expression. “Don’t worry luv, I was a very good boy.” He winked.

“I’ll be the judge of that.” She pulled the box towards her.

“Hey! Believe I’m running this show and tell, no touching unless I say so.” He jerked the box away.

“Well now I know sharing wasn’t big on the list of personality traits.” She scoffed.

“Do you want to know or not?”

“Yes, I do.” She pouted.

“Then let m’ do the leading down memory lane.” He settled against the headboard reaching down gently dragging Buffy up to sit beside him.

“Fine, I’ll be good.” She smiled, cuddling into his shoulder.

He hit the lid off the aged box, rolling his eyes immediately.

Buffy stared at a photo of a young boy sitting on top of a bright red double-decker bus beside Mr. Giles. Realisation then sunk it.

“Oh, OH, this is you!” She giggled and snatched it up before Spike could hide it from her prying eyes.

“You make fun and this little tour is over!” He took a pass for the photo growling when it was shifted from his reach.

“I’m not teasing you, you’re just so… different.”

“Yeah well puberty will do that luv, I was 14, or have you already forgotten!” A hint of desperation mingled with his aggressive tone.

“Well if you stop being all grabby I could actually get a good look!” She nudged him playfully.

“I think you’ve looked plenty.” He grumbled, defeated.

Buffy brought the picture up for inspection, noting the soft curls and sliver framed glasses, the same bright blue eyes and then she let out a tiny gasp, his smile.

She had seen him smile, or rather smirk, over and over again. She had even had the pleasure of seeing what she believed was a true smile, it being bright and full, but nothing she had ever seen compared to this. His perfect face curved joyfully into the most brilliant of images, he was happy.

‘I’ve never really seen him smile.’ Her head spun at the acknowledgment.

“You ‘bout done there?” Spike grumbled in mild insecurity.

“Oh, yeah.” She snapped out of her daze, handing the photo back. “You were a cutey.”

“Were?” he playfully barked.

“Yep.” Plainly stated, her eyes danced with delight.

“Oh really?” He arched a brow. “That how it is now?”

“Uh-huh, you were a cutey.” She giggled at the low growl escaping him. “And now you’re a hottie.” She bit her lip, eyeing him.

The declaration paired with the lip action sent him over the edge, causing him to dive down onto her, initiating a zealous kiss.

They let their lips linger a moment before drifting apart.

“So what else you got in there?” Buffy’s curiosity was now in full gear.

“Pictures, journals, bits and pieces from school… just the usual crap parents don’t ‘ave the balls to toss.” He thumbed through the contents as he spoke.

“Whoa wait a second, did you say journals? Like a diary?” Shocked eyes gleamed as her smile curled to one side.

“Not bloody likely!” He howled. “I might not ‘ave been the big bad back then, but I didn’t sit ‘round writin’ ‘bout who gave it to who in the janitor’s closet and all that crap you chits scribble down!”

“Fine, then what did you write about?” She stared, a gleeful expression twinkling about her features.

“None of your business.” He covered the box with his arms. “A bloke’s entitled to a little privacy yeah.”

“Are your songs in there, you admitted earlier that you wrote songs.” She pried.

“Some yeah, but don’t go getting’ any ideas!”

“Who me? I’m idealess, promise.” Buffy batted innocent eyes as she cooed.

“Can’t fool me luv, I know your games.” He grumbled.

“I’m offended!” She teased. “You can keep your journals I don’t even want to see them.” She tipped her nose up. “But… what’s this!”

With that Buffy’s slender hand snapped down seizing the top object from the box, giggling crazily as his eyes widened in horror.

“You sneaky little…” He pushed the box off his lap readying himself for a tussle. “You’re gonna get it!”

“Eeeeep!” She squealed as he flipped on top- pinning her down, but not before she snuck a look at the thin paper gripped tightly between her fingers. “Oh my god!”

“What?”

“This is from last year!”

~



*A/N: And the evening continues... hope everyone enjoyed! If you did let me know! Reviews are love. thanks all!*
Overtime by bloody_bint
Chapter 15: Overtime

“This is from last year!” her lips pursed making a perfect ‘o’.

He reflexively released his grip and sat back on his heels.

“Yeah well- m’ da’s a teacher, so was m’ mum for that matter… so it’s not like I ‘ave much of a choice in it.” A hand began to nervously rub the nape of his neck, releasing tiny curls from their bond as the words tumbled out.

“You make it sound like you committed murder one. This is a good Spike- you don’t have to make excuses.” She eyed the document more precisely.

“Wasn’t! Just…you know… oh bugger this.” Spike snatched the report card back shoving it into the box hurriedly.

“Have you started to apply to colleges cause with grades like those you…”

“Playin’ guidance counsellor now are we?” He scoffed, trying to brush over the subject.

“No! And don’t do that- don’t act like this isn’t important!” Buffy had no clue why she was becoming angry.

“So I can add, subtract, and remember when the bloody war of 1812 was, not exactly rocket science there pet.”

“Oh yeah… cause Advanced Calculus and Honours English just cover the basics, my mistake!” She was seething with fury now.

“What’s it to you!” Spike was confused by their sudden rage but being easily baited he didn’t hold back.

“Oh I don’t know, maybe I CARE about YOU… didn’t you say that to me ONCE!”

“YEAH I DID!” He rose up onto his knees. “So WHAT… YOU sayin’ you FEEL the same way!” He roared.

“DUH!” She rose up to meet his position. “Boy are you BLIND!”

His needy arms struck out seizing her with a bruising force ripping her towards his burning torso. Their lips crashed together, tongues instantly duelling for sexual dominance.

Buffy’s eyes rolled back, ecstasy undulating through her, searing her tingling core. She was lost to his touch, nails racking over his flesh, desperately seeking more of him.

Spike howled deep inside, the rage and desire together morphing into a predatory need, animal desire. He thrust forward, knocking her backwards, never breaking contact; he devoured her as they landed.

Buffy moaned, low and womanly as her head hit his pillow. Her body bucked, acting without her- it ground hard into his engorged sex.

Spike let out a true howl as her heated centre smacked at his imprisoned shaft. Bringing her firm against him as his arms possessively confiscated all they could find.

Their mouths broke apart, deep hungry breaths filling the room. Their eyes met and the emotional peek shattered, they didn’t move, just panted.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you.” Spike’s hoarse whisper was the first sound to break their synchronised gasps. It being the only thing he could think of at that moment.

They breathed together.

“I’m sorry I got mad.” Buffy returned his deep whisper, never attempting to stir their intimate embrace.

They breathed together.

“Spike?” She had regained her vocality and breath.

He rolled them onto their sides; his dominate position suddenly feeling indecent.

“Yeah luv?”

“When I saw your report card…” Buffy contemplated the right words, feeling a need to explain the intense course of events.

He stroked her face with his exposed hand causing a shiver of left over desire to shoot through them both.

“When I saw it…” She began again. “It- it made me think about college… which led to girly thoughts about the future, and, it being the first time I’ve thought about the future- with you… I just… it’s stupid believe me I know… I didn’t mean to get mad.” She muttered through her admission.

Spike’s eyes widened slightly at the realisation of what she had said.

“You got brassed ‘cause you thought I was brushin’ off our future?” He couldn’t help the words falling over his lips.

“No! Yes, I told you it was stupid.” She turned away from him, embarrassed at her completely female reaction.

He cupped her face, gently forcing eye contact.

“Why didn’t you just say so?” He smirked. “Not that I minded the outcome.”

“I didn’t even realise what was making me so mad at first, and then you had to go all hostile and then ‘pow’ before I knew it, it was a fight fest.” She pouted lightly.

“So kitten, what exactly did our future entail?” A cocky smirk took over his expression.

“Hey, I didn’t exactly see his and hers towels or anything… I just… got psyched about the idea of going off the college with a boyfriend I guess.” Her voice took on a whimsical tone as she spoke.

His smirk transformed into a shining smile.

“So this boyfriend position…” He nuzzled her neck. “You already takin’ applications?”

She giggled at his ministrations and his words.

“Why you interested?” She purred.

“Hell yes!”

“Well there are several other applicants to interview but…”

“Better not be!” He attacked her then, tickling her ribs relentlessly.

“NO! NO! OK! Stop! It’s YOURS! I’m YOURS!” She squirmed and squealed.

“That’s right.” He gathered her up into a soft lingering kiss. “Mine.”

~~

Giles slid the key into the ignition of his Citroen, sighing once when it rumbled to a start. He was exhausted, wanted nothing more then to get home, curl into his warm bed and sleep the rest of the weekend away.

He traversed the familiar path home, mind dancing with images of his fallen wife, the tune to his last song scoring his dream.

His thoughts never once shifted back to his son while he drove in reminiscent silence, he was Jenny’s tonight.

~~

Buffy lay silent in Spike’s arms, staring up into the blackness of the sky. Shimmering stars and a crescent moon lighting their faces.

They had stayed in his room for a while, rummaging further though his box of William. With each snip-it into his former life Buffy fell more and more.

Hours ago they had once again re-located to the roof, now enraptured in one another’s embrace, they basked.

Spike began to hum.

Buffy listened to the unfamiliar tune, letting the slow and soothing tempo seep in.

“You write that?” Buffy whispered into his neck.

“Hmm?” He hadn’t realised he was humming, but immediately took note of the new tune playing in his head. “Guess so.”

“Will you write lyrics?” She only spoke for the sake of speaking. She was so at ease she could have fallen asleep at any moment.

“If you’d like, suppose I could.” Embracing William seemed to not even be an afterthought when he held an accepting Buffy in his arms.

“Does your dad write too?” Again her sleepy thoughts poured from her lips as she snuggled deeper into the crook.

“My da’…” He jolted upright, taking Buffy with him. “Is probably home and you should be too damn-it!”

“What time is it?” Her voice shook.

“Just ‘bout 2 a.m, bloody hell.” He rubbed his face roughly, shaking his head as he stood.

Buffy was too content and tired to have a typical outburst.

“Well look on the bright side, if our parents haven’t come looking for us yet, I think it’s safe to say they don’t know we’re still out.” She accepted the hand he held out, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

“S’pose you’re right kitten… come on, I’ll drive you home.” He silently guided her from the roof and through his dark and slumbering home.

They drove in comfortable stillness, hands entwined.

He killed the engine a few houses down Revello and coasted to a stop near Buffy’s home.

Not wasting a moment he scooped her up into a passionate embrace, mouth pressed firmly with hers, both imploring it to last forever.

They hesitantly detached, shallow breaths echoing softly in each other’s ears.

Buffy leaned in again, capturing his already swollen lips in another sweet kiss.

They broke the connection; forehead-to-forehead they matched breath for breath.

“Mine.” Spike’s whisper was scarcely heard.

“Yours.”

Their lips involuntarily meshed once more in what became a long series of goodbyes.

His eyes remained on her form until it disappeared into safety; they remained on her window until the soft glow of her lamp lit the night.

He pulled away. Driving down the streets of Sunnydale, he once again began to hum. Spike coasted up one avenue and down another, enjoying the feel of the night air and the sound of his rhythmic melody. He only noticed the time was 5am when the pinks and greens of the sunrise began to peek over the hills in the horizon. Finally aiming the Desoto back towards his street, knowing he had just enough time to creep in before his father would ever wake.

~



*A/N: Hope you all enjoyed! And the biggest THANK YOU ever to whomever nominated my fic @ the COH Awards! If you only knew what it means to me! *hugs**
Score Card by bloody_bint
Chapter 16: Score Card

Spike ran down the school hallway, zipping by the occasional student, his feet clapped over the hard tile. He didn’t have much time. Monday’s were the worst. He had been late as usual that morning, which is why now at lunch hour, he was racing towards the cafeteria to steal a few minutes with Buffy. He had to hurry. His father had requested his presence in the library.

He clutched the frame of the double doors, swinging himself into the large canteen, pausing only a moment to confirm her location before continuing his trek.

“Hi Spike!” Willow was the first to notice his approach, smiling knowingly.

“Hey Red.” He nodded, taking a seat beside Buffy. “Hey you.”

“You’re out of breath?” Buffy arched a suspicious brow. “What, did you run all the way here?” She snorted.

“Yeah, pet, I sorta did.” He wheezed one last time.

“Hey man I know you’re into my sis and everything, but when you start huffing it to the caff, you have got to re-assess.” Xander pointed emphatically.

“What? Your sis ain’t good ‘nough for a bloke to want to hurry?” He spat the accusation.

“Whoa there bleachy, don’t go puttin’ words…”

“Stop!” Three heads snapped towards Buffy. “You guys are making me all headachy! You- you’re my brother, I know you love me, but that includes being nice to my boyfriend!” Buffy’s comment elicited a wide smirk from Spike, a look a shock from Xander. “And YOU!” She turned towards Spike. “Don’t antagonise my sibling, it isn’t nice!”

“He’s your boyfriend now, you think that’s…” Xander was cut off.

“Look whelp, can you put the criticisms on hold for a tick, I don’t have much time here?” Spike turned back to Buffy after he addressed her brother.

“You don’t?” Buffy half-pouted half-questioned.

“Da’ wants a word, sorry kitten.” His fingers laced with hers. “But I was thinkin’… after the game Wednesday, maybe we could…” He suddenly became very aware of the two staring faces, pleading eyes shifted towards Willow.

“What? Oh! Hey Xander will you, um… come with me to get a soda…” She tugged his sleeve to gain a firm hold of his attention. “I can never manage to get the flavour I…uh, want… slippery, slippery fingers.” Willow wiggled her digits for emphasis.

“Sure Will.” He smiled warmly before glaring a Spike. “Lead the way.”

Once they had gotten out of ear shot Spike let out a sigh and met Buffy’s amused gaze.

“What?” He played innocent.

“Nothing, it was just… cute. You got Willow all co-conspiring… you’re adorable.” She popped a grape into her mouth as she praised.

“First off I’m never cute…” He picked up a grape from her plate rolling it between two fingers gently. “And second… you’re the one that’s adorable.” He held the grape before her bubblegum tongue, noting the tightening in his jeans when she gobbled it up.

“So… what about Wednesday?” She smiled coyly.

“Right, was just wonderin’ if you’d fancy comin’ out with me is all. There’ll be food in it for you, promise.” He winked.

“Mmmm, bribery, my favourite.” She giggled. “You do know it’s an away game right?”

“Yeah, I’m aware.”

“Fine, then I guess it’s a date.” She blushed.

“Did you just make yourself blush luv?” His eyes widened, and his hard-on pressed even more painfully against his zipper.

She didn’t answer, just flushed further, a deep crimson hue adorning her creamy skin.

“Like I said, bloody adorable.” Spike leaned in, placing a chaste kiss on the tip of her nose. “See you later pet.”

“Later.”

~~

Rupert swiped the cloth over his glasses for the tenth time since entering the library. He had purposefully avoided speaking about his drunken stupor all of Saturday and to his dismay his son had somehow slept the better part of Sunday away. Which left now, he hadn’t wanted to do this at school. But needed to have a few words with his wayward offspring.

He began cleaning his glasses again, only stopping and replacing them to his nose when the swinging doors whooshed open.

“This better not be ‘bout me being late again ‘cause…”

“I can assure you it’s not.” Giles broke in.

The solemn expression on his father’s face troubled Spike.

“Let’s have it then?” Spike’s brow furrowed as he waited in anticipation.

“William, about the inexplicable state you found me in…”

“Oh… this is ‘bout your romp with ol’ J.D. eh.” His mood eased as he lifted himself onto a countertop. “Not to worry da’ not like I haven’t…” He lifted one eye up to his father, hoping he hadn’t noticed where that sentence was headed, he had.

“I assume this is another of those moments where I disregard whatever you’ve just said.”

“Somethin’ like that.”

“Done.” Giles plucked the specs from his face, tossing them onto his pile of books. “I am sorry about that night William, I really am. It becomes increasingly difficult with each passing year. I think perhaps we may need some outside assistance in dealing with your mother’s death.” It came out even easier then Giles had anticipated and the look of sheer horror that glared at him made him regret his approach.

“You’re pushin’ this on ME!” Spike propelled himself off the counter, landing with a resounding thud. “YOU! You’re the one who goes three sheets to the wind and looses his sack o’ marbles every year! Not ME!”

“That may be true, but you…”

“WHAT? I’m what da’! Bottlin’ up m’ anger!” He pushed a rather large stack of returned books to the ground. “This angry ‘nough for YOU!” He shook as he spoke.

“You need to let it go, we both do.”

“Let it go?” His eyes became slats and his voice lowered an octave. “I’ll never let it go.”

Spike turned and stormed from his father’s presence, unshed tears ablaze in his eyes.

“Thinks somethin’s wrong with ME!” Spike clenched his fists as he mumbled to himself. “Thinks I’m not dealin’… he has no bloody idea!” He burst through the nearest exit, keeping to the shadows he slumped down against the school’s stucco siding. “It was my FAULT! I’m dealin’ with THAT just fine! I do what I gotta do to make sure it don’t happen again… cause it can’t, it can’t happen again. It was my fault, it has to be my fault.”

He hid his face in his hands, his inaudible rant rolling off his tongue. When the piercing din singled the end of lunch he was rattled from his condition. Rising, he made his way through the parking lot and was gone.

~~

Buffy and Willow made there way to class, books in hand after the bell sounded.

“So tell me!” Willow had waited impatiently to finally have Buffy alone, now bursting with giddiness she shot straight to the point.

“Na-uh, no way! Not until you tell me what you and Xand did after I left the mall!” Buffy smiled wickedly as she asserted.

“Not fair! You’re being all authoritarian and demanding, just because it was all thanks to you that we were even together…” Willow sighed in defeat at the look of resolution and stern nod of Buffy’s head. “Fine…you win…it was so great!”

“I’m happy for you Will. But get with the juicy details before I have to force you to skip class to get tell-y.” Buffy laughed at the sudden look of terror that played on Willows face. “I’m just kidding, gee and I thought I was easy.” She scoffed.

“Don’t scare me like that!” Willow breathed with relief.

“Sorry… I’ll be good. Just skip to any smoochies or dire info and we’ll call it good for now.” Buffy arched a brow at the pink glow that now coloured Willows cheeks. “You tramp!”

“No, NO! Maybe a little, I mean no! Just a little smoochies action.” She bounced animatedly.

“All right Will!” Buffy nudged her friend playfully.

“Now what about you?” Willow wiggled her brows.

“I think this is gonna take longer then the thirty second until class starts.” Buffy bit her lip suggestively.

“Well, that’s why passing notes was invented.” Willow smiled proudly.

“Willow Rosenberg what would your mother say!?” Buffy teased.

With that both girls burst into laughter, muffling their amusement as they entered class. Pulling out a blank notepad Willow winked at Buffy eliciting a tiny smirk and pink tint to grace her cheeks. The teacher began to drone, Buffy accepted the paper as it slid over to her and began to write.

~

Spike stepped into the locker room just as Xander was rushing out to the field. He had spent the afternoon calming down and had managed to push it all away, returning to school for practice.

“Oh early today!” Xander quipped sarcastically. “Usually I miss you completely.”

“Everybody’s a bloody comedian.” Usually a low-blow comeback would have been more his style, but he just wasn’t in the mood.

“I’m flattered.” Xander mocked. “I’ll see you out there.”

“Right.”

Spike made hast in changing and soon was hurrying out towards the training room.

“Well ‘ello there cutey.” Spike sucked in his cheeks and smirked as the object of his affection spun around, face aglow.

“Hello!” Buffy bounded across the room and leapt into his arms, legs fastening around his waist.

“Look at you all full ‘f beans.” He began walking with her still attached.

“Just happy to see you.” She leaned back as they broke into the sunshine, enjoying the few moments left before they rounded the building and into the fields view. “So how was your afternoon Mr. Giles?” She enquired light-heartedly.

He deliberated for an instant, coming to a quick conclusion.

“Just got a whole lot better luv.” He held her waist firmly as she hopped down, waiting until she adjusted her clothing and looked up before tasting her once.

They walked together, paths diverting when they came to the edge of the grassy plain. Buffy taking to the sidelines while Spike rushed to centre field, joining warm-ups.

‘A whole lot better.’ Spike thought as he neared Angel’s blaring orders. ‘She didn’t need to know…’ He told himself. ‘After all, she’ll get to see what it was you were fidlin’ with all bloody afternoon anyway.’ He smiled widely. ‘Can’t wait to see her face… can’t wait.’

With that Spike hit the ground pushing up instantly, one after the other push-ups ticked away. He didn’t even need to pay attention to know Angel had demanded them, he always did.

~



*A/N: Thanks again to whomever nom'd this fic at the COH! *hugs* Hope everyone enjoyed! Please please please tell me what you think!*
Re- Match by bloody_bint
Chapter 17: Re- Match

Another game saw completion and another win was tallied to the credit of the Sunnydale High Razorbacks. The entire team had played well, due, for the most part, to Angel’s refined and carefully applied skills.

Dusk was fast approaching and the team was almost an hour from the borders of their little town. Everyone exited for the lockers rooms or home, intent on a speedy departure.

“Come on kitten, gotta get movin’” Spike’s hand brushing across the small of Buffy’s back startled her, causing her to almost drop the things she had just gathered up.

“Don’t creep up on people!” Buffy scowled. “And if you think I’m going out with you looking like that, you missed the memo on personal hygiene, it’s big this year. Believe me.” She nodded her head and lifted her brows teasingly.

“Put the claws away ‘right. I’m walkin’ you to my car before I take to the showers ok, not exactly keen on leavin’ you alone in a strange place got it. So no sass.” At that he began leading her from the field.

Buffy’s initial instinct was to protest, but she quickly remembered Spike’s first hand account of her clash with Coach Rayne and was suddenly more than willingly to accept his protection. They had avoided the subject since that day, to Spike’s dismay Buffy was sure, but he allowed her to push it away and for that she was grateful.

“Keep the doors locked and don’t go getting’ any ideas ‘f joy ridin’. Stay put.” He tossed her the keys before shutting her in the confines of the Desoto and rushing off to clean up.

“Yes sir.” She answered as she watched him race away.

~~

“I have never, in all my years of sportin’ the title of best bud, seen you spend that much time on your hair bro.” Gunn looked terrified.

“Sod off.” Spike shot up two separated fingers.

“Ahhh Spikey got his feelings hurt, you look real pretty we swear.” Xander laughed, throwing his hands up in surrender when a truly brassed off Spike poked one finger into his chest bone.

“If I had to, I could explain away one less brother, I’m sure.” He growled.

“I’m done.” Xander squeaked.

“You are seriously lucky man, what I wouldn’t give. Summers has gotta be a bunny in the sack.” Parker’s abrupt entry into their private conversation wasn’t a surprise- he had no friends. The content of the comment however, was.

Spike and Xander exchanged a heated look before moving into action.

Xander darted behind Parker just as Spike’s fist connected with his nose, educing a braying crack. Parker stumbled backwards only to trip over Xander’s strategically placed leg, tumbling over onto the solid concrete, several more cracks resounding.

“I warned you about this Parker.” Xander bit back his rage as he addressed the cretin.

“And I don’t do warnin’s mate, I’ll kill you next time.” Spike’s tone was deadly before he snapped up his bag and headed out- leaving the boys to clean up the mess.

~~

“So where are we going?” Buffy rocked anxiously as they navigated foreign roads.

“Same place we were the first fifteen times I didn’t tell you luv.” Spike answered smiling with amusement.

“Have I told you a hate surprises? You should probably know that Buffy and surprises are not friends, we have a very rocky past.” She worried her bottom lip.

“Is that so?”

“Uh-huh, the rockiest.” She nodded pronouncedly.

“How can you hate surprises?” He was both awed and perplexed by the beauty beside him.

“Easy, just have to be a control freak with some big time bossiness and you can hate them plenty, believe me.” She smiled brightly at her degrading statement, causing Spike to let out a full rolling laugh.

“I don’t know what’s more sad… the fact that you can million dollar smile while admitting that little gem of information… or that I have no doubt that it’s true.” He laughed again when she slumped into a pout. “Hey, you said it not me.”

“Yeah, but you’re supposed to defend my honour or something, not agree with me.” She folded her arms in protest.

“Sorry. My mistake.” He reached over, finding a hand- caressing gently as he held it.

“You better be.” She squeezed back tightly, eyes rolling over the contours of his profile.

“Buffy?”

“Yeah.”

“We’re here.”

Buffy didn’t waste another second, squealing with delight she dove from the car, eager to take in her surroundings.

She froze.

Each waved crashed in, frothy white mixed with black silk in the night. The sea licked at the shoreline, dancing along the sand. The moon cast a dull silver glow over every rock, every grain pilled high on the beach.

The boom of a car door slamming interpreted Buffy’s trance. She swivelled back around, mouth falling agape.

There Spike stood, arms filled. The endless fabric of a dark wool blanket bulging from between his torso and tricep, in one hand he held a small cooler, in the other a guitar.

Her lips pulled themselves into a reverent smile.

“Lead the way goldilocks.” Spike motioned towards the surf with a nod. “Pick a spot that suits and I’ll set us up.”

She didn’t want to turn away, aching to stay absorbed upon the man before her.

A smirk began to grow across his face at her appreciative stare. He swallowed the break between them, pausing just inches from her dazed form.

“I reckon you’re in all kinds ‘f trouble luv.” He bowed down until his pink lips were grazing her temple. “Cause you ain’t seen nothing yet.”

He brushed past her stunned figure, feet sinking into the sand as he strode across the moonlit coast.

“Comin’?” Spike tossed over his shoulder.

Buffy nodded wanly before following after Spike, catching up in a hurry.

They made their way into the seclusion of the dunes before halting. Spike shed himself of the items, laying out the wool in one fluid action.

He opened the miniature cooler and began to short through it.

“Fellin’ a bit peckish pet?” He looked up at her, continuing with his activity. “Got lots of tasty, yummy things for my girl.” He winked.

Buffy bit into a peach as she settled onto her side, sprawling out over their woollen island.

‘Hmmm… more sexy fruit.’ She noted to herself as her eyes poured over his gestures.

He began to hum.

Buffy let her lids fall closed as the deep vibrations rolled over her.

A cord reverberated through the night, more followed until the guitar’s soft sounds matched the melody.

And then…

He began to sing…

In
I’m fallin’ in
I don’t want to
Not so fast boy
…”

Buffy’s eyes sprang back to life, focusing on his azure depths.

Slow
Don’t want to hurt the girl
Give her a pretty box
Better fill it
…”

Spike’s words rained heavily from his lips, drenched in passion and affection.

Then I get
Blinded when she opens the door
It’s like lookin’ into the sun
And knowin’ I’m just
Blinkin’
Mumblin’
Starin’ at my shoes
And she just looks at me and smiles
Smiles
Smiles
…”

Tears broke free from their barrage, flowing liberally along Buffy’s tinted flesh.

Oh
There we go again
And it feels so good
We’re fallin’ up and down
And down
It’s 2 am again
And she kisses me goodbye
For the sixteenth time
And I
…”

The weight of the words struck them both, eliciting a strangled gasp from Buffy, while tears begged Spike to be unleashed.

Driving home it’s 5 am
And I
Look at the sun comin’ up over the hills
And the clouds of pink and green
And all I can see is her eyes
Eyes
Eyes
…”

Buffy shook, wide emeralds staring, hints of an awed smile.

Then I get
Blinded when she opens the door
It’s like lookin’ into the sun
And knowin’ I’m just
Blinkin’
Mumblin’
Starin’ at my shoes
And she just looks at me and smiles
Smiles
Smiles
…”

His fingers strummed out the final notes until silence fell over them.

Need… admiration… love… their eyes spoke of their own accord.

Without sound Spike placed the instrument upon the sand before crawling over to Buffy. Like second nature she was lulled onto her back as he glided over her. He wisped a few unruly hairs back behind her ear.

She whimpered.

He kissed her then. Kissed her hard, and long, uncontrollable and fierce he savoured her.

Spike let out a strangled groan before relinquishing the embrace, dropping his head down onto her shoulder.

Buffy struggled for breath. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he began to shiver still buried within her tresses.

Holding him firmly she tilted her head, warm breath spilling onto Spike’s ear.

“Mine.” She whispered, nuzzling him.

The heaving of his chest and his soft intermittent moans ceased for a moment, he was frozen.

His neck bent slightly, until his lips were upon her warm skin.

“Yours.”

~



A/N: The song Spike sings is Smile by James Marsters. Hope everyone liked.... more date to come... and some smut! *gasp* Let me know what you thinked! Please review!*
Work Out by bloody_bint
Chapter 18: Work Out

“Yours.”

His tongue darted out after the word fell, adorning her with long satisfying licks.

“Spike!” She moaned his name as he suckled at her tender nape.

“Want you!” He growled with desire, kissing a trail up her jaw.

“Mmmmm!” Buffy’s spine curved, pressing her peaked nipples into him.

“Taste so good!” Spike rumbled, tracing a long wet line up her neck to the end of her chin.

“Oh God!” She enveloped him with her legs, pulling him flush with her inferno.

Spike pulled back tugging his shirt over his head in a quick sweep, ridding it to the sand. He laced one hand beneath Buffy’s head, fingers tangling with her golden curls. His other palmed the flat expanse of her stomach, hooking a thumb under the hem he dragged her shirt away with his upward stroke, grazing a hard tip as he did so.

Buffy bucked wildly at the sensation, seeking any friction she could, begging release for the mounting desire smouldering deep inside. She outlined his bare muscles, following the contours down a tantalising path until her fingers rubbed roughly against his jeans. She reactively tugged on the barrier, her body screaming for reprieve from the throbbing want.

“Fuck!” He thrust involuntarily, lips slamming down, taking her, tasting her.

Spike swiveled his hips, grinding his erection into her core in an excruciatingly slow circular motion.

The moisture pooling amid Buffy’s thighs lubricated the swirling pressure. She raked at his flesh, meeting each circled plunge with equal drive.

Spike made quick work of her bra; discarding it hastily he lingered above her ivory mounds, hungry eyes devouring them. A loud raspy groan and he drew out the long expanse of his tongue, directing it over one creamy breast. She tasted like honey and salt water, his eyes rolled back.

Buffy could feel her arousal dripping down her legs as his talented muscle consumed her, lapping at both stiff summits. She cried out in bliss as he raked his teeth across, swallowing one into his steaming mouth, nibbling ferociously.

“Spike, I need...” Buffy’s hoarse plea elicited a deep growl from him.

“What…unnhhhh… what’d you need… anything, luv. Tell me!” Spike ground out, mouth abrading her smooth torso.

“Need you… touch me Spike!” Buffy lifted her hips as she spoke, pressing her seeping quim into his denim-clad hard-on.

No hesitation, Spike’s fingers seized the button of her jeans, ripping them open. All ten digits dove beneath the fabric, fondling her toned legs as they slid the barrier down her softness. He plummeted towards the exposed flesh, tongue running the velvety expanse of her inner thigh.

“Oh Spike!” Her legs spread reflexively at his ministrations.

“God! So bloody gorgeous!” He peered up at her through hooded eyes, hovering over her milky centre.

Buffy writhed beneath him, whimpering with severe longing. She grasped fist fulls of silken sand, her glazed irises soliciting for a release.

“Wanna taste you… gotta ‘ave all of you.” His thumb skimmed her peeking sex through red lace. “Feels like I’ve waited for a bloody eternity… gonna taste your sweet cream.” With his rough whispers, he gathered the band of her thong between eager fingers, purging her of the last obstruction.

A single finger dipped between sopping curls, slipping up across her slit to her engorged nub.

Buffy cried out, pure pleasure coursing through her.

“Kitten likes that eh… wants to be pet… played with.” Spike purred, closing in on his sweet delight. “Don’t worry luv… we’re gonna play.”

Spike’s slick muscle immersed itself between her lips, drinking in her flavour with a deep intent lick. Two fingers glided up into her sex, separating her tasty folds, allowing him better access to his treat. A primal groan resounded as he began eating at her feverishly.

Buffy squirmed… heat building within her walls, burning so good.

A strong arm seized her waist, pinning her down as she bucked. Once he gained control Spike slid his other hand under her ass, lifting her slightly. His tongue struck out, penetrating her trickling entrance.

“Ohhhhhhh!” Buffy screamed out into the night air.

It spurred him on. Spike began fucking her with his tongue, lapping at her inner folds. He buried himself deeper in her pussy, face butting against her clit as he pierced her juicy core.

Buffy was trembling… on the edge… he could feel it.

Spike pulled his hand down from her waist, diving into her rich pool he began flicking, rubbing her clit vigorously. He slowed his thrusts, intent on eating at her long and slow while her orgasm crashed around him like the sea.

The moment his tongue probed deep into her quim with one agonizingly measured lick her walls began to spasm wildly.

“GOD! SPIKE!” Buffy’s climax racked her body.

Spike continued his ministrations until he felt her jerks and thrusts become sporadic. He cleaned her lavishly as she came down from her high, claiming every drop for himself.

“Mmmmm!” Buffy bit her bottom lip, eyes closed in contentment.

Spike prowled up her glistening body, capturing her lips in a hungry embrace upon arrival.

Buffy could taste herself on him and didn’t hold back the desperate moan it unleashed. She heard the sound of his zipper seconds before feeling his weight strike her abdomen as he sprang free.

He howled, the feel of his swollen cock on her smooth skin almost sending him cascading over the edge. He was shivering with anticipation, dick throbbing with its own release.

“Mmmmm!” Spike nuzzled her neck. “Tasted so good… like the ocean… my salty sweet goddess. Want you… need you baby!”

Such adoration shown through the cobalt darkness of his gaze that Buffy’s breath hitched in her throat, tears suddenly stinging her eyes.

‘He deserves to know.’ The onslaught of thoughts dizzied her. ‘You don’t deserve him, not like this. Not before he knows who you are.’

Spike’s hands slid down, clutching the infuriating fabric of his jeans, beginning to tear them away when Buffy’s voice stopped him.

“S- Spike… wait.” She had to look away for a moment when his confused and pained eyes flashed up to meet hers.

“What? Buffy… what’s wrong, I’m sorry if I…”

“No! You didn’t… it’s just…I… I haven’t…”

He ducked down, cradling her face in his palms, feathering tiny kisses all over.

“Shhhh pet. It’s ok… I haven’t either.” The confession was heart-felt, meant for comfort.

Her eyes lulled back at the affection, only to snap open upon processing his response.

“What? Wait…WHAT?!” She was confused, mind reeling.

“What?”

“I’m so confused. What did you think I was saying?” Buffy asked.

“Huh?” He couldn’t believe he had to explain. “You know…” He glanced down between them at his massive erection, gesturing with a nod.

“Oh? OH! You thought I hadn’t…” She paused, eyes budding. “OH! You… YOU haven’t!”

~




*A/N: So... my attempt at smut... how'd you like? More in the next chapter. Please please, please let me know what you think. Reviews are love!*
Rookie by bloody_bint
Chapter 19: Rookie

“OH! You… YOU haven’t!” Buffy’s head pounded with the information as she stared stunned.

Spike’s eyes bulged; he scrambled backwards out of the intimate embrace.

“Jesus Christ!” He tucked his arousal away, zipping his pants up in a hurry, cheeks burning. “How the hell… I mean…you… you said…”

“I said I hadn’t…” She paused. “And then you interrupted me!”

“If you didn’t mean…bloody hell! What were you gonna say?”

‘That I hadn’t told you about my past.’ Her minded chimed. ‘But seeing as how we have this to deal with, that can wait.’

“Just that…” She thought quickly. “I- I hadn’t felt this way before.” Buffy sighed; relieved she didn’t have to lie.

Spike’s features softened before his brow furrowed once again.

“So you…” He cleared his throat. “Have.”

‘Not with anyone I cared about.’ The thought sprang forth.

Buffy was engulfed by shame and embarrassment, snapping her head away from his invading gaze.

Spike moved swiftly scooping her up in his arms, holding her as close as possible.

“I didn’t mean anything by it.” He rocked gently. “Doesn’t mean a bloody thing… I have you now, that’s all that matters.”

Tears welled and spilt onto Buffy’s flushed face.

“So you don’t think I’m…”

“Unless the next bloody word out ‘f your mouth is somethin’ ‘bout how bleedin’ wonderful you are I don’t want to hear it.” Still cradling her naked form he placed a soft kiss against her temple.

“I want to tell you.” Buffy barely chocked out the phrase.

“I know luv…I know. But not now.” Without disturbing her, he replaced the contents of the cooler, shifting it off the blanket, to near the guitar.

In one smooth motion he rolled, laying them down onto the cool sand. He pulled the wool around them for warmth and protection from the now biting chill of the sea air.

They cuddled together, seeping into the soft bed beneath them, listening to the ocean and wind dance.

Buffy broke the peaceful silence.

“Spike?”

“Hmmm.?

“Was that…?” She couldn’t help the smile that formed. “You’re first time… you know… before.”

“Bloody hell Buffy!” He cried. “I said I haven’t had sex, not that I’m some ponce, can’t even find his bloody dick!”

She burst into laughter followed immediately by Spike.

“So you’ve…” She struggled to speak through her giddy sobs.

“Been ‘round, yeah.” He wiped the tears from his eyes, trying to still the laughter. “Let’s just say I’ve never had any complaints, right.”

“Spike!” Buffy hit him playfully.

“You asked!”

“Fine!” She retorted. “If you’ve only ‘been around’ as you say, how did you get your stellar reputation?”

“Well, if you please ‘em good and proper, chits don’t really care ‘bout the particulars.” Spike noted Buffy’s look of shock. “Said I never had any complaints luv.” He waggled his eyebrows sticking his tongue out slightly when she belted him.

“Sorry I asked!” She giggled again at his suggestive mannerisms, rolling her eyes.

Spike gently led her head back down to his chest, wanting the quiet warmth back.

She snuggled into his embrace tracing soft kisses over his defined muscles.

“Buffy?” His eyes snapped open as he made his sudden thoughts known.

“What?”

“You didn’t…” He drew in a long breath. “Really think that was… m’ first time did you? Cause a bloke’s ego can only take so much.”

She flipped on top of him in a fluid sweep, straddling his waist. She bent low, lips just separated from his own. She ground down gently, allowing him to feel her still saturated core.

“I think your ego… can stay intact.” She purred seductively.

Spike growled with pent up frustration and desire, thrusting up into her juices.

“Bloody tease!”

A look of actual sympathy crossed her face.

“Sorry!” Buffy pouted, suddenly realising Spike’s ‘situation’ hadn’t been relieved.

“Not to worry kitten… I’m a big boy.” His eyes roamed over her bare breasts, down her taught stomach, then lower… “But you better put your clothes on all the same.” He lifted her off, sitting up as he placed her down beside him.

“Good plan.” Buffy searched their span of beach for her garments, finding them here and there. Gathering them all together before quickly getting dressed.

“There! All better.” She shot him a bright smile.

“Better, yes. But you’re still bloody gorgeous. You’re killin’ me you know that.” He shook his head in disbelief.

“Awwwww! Poor Spikey...” She cooed. “Does it help if I say I’ll make it up to you.”

“No! Jesus girl! Makes it bloody worse!” He growled, snapping her up into his arms and into a fervent kiss.

He held her there, after the kiss ended, staring into her.

“No regrets ‘bout tonight?” Spike’s cerulean oceans screamed with uncertainty, but his deep whisper boded confidence.

“No…but what about you… you’re the one who hasn’t…”

“Look pet, even if I wasn’t over the bloody moon for you, which I am by the way…I’m still a bloke. I have no regrets, got me.”

Buffy nodded faintly.

“I want you to know…” He cleared his throat. “Tonight… it wasn’t just ‘bout sex or… I was, we were… it’s ‘bout us, you and me.”

Her eyes glistened.

“I would have done it right by you… it was going fast and I know I was… but I would have been good to you… been safe and made you…”

“Shhhhhhh.” Buffy’s finger grazed his lips, silencing him. “I know.”

“No regrets.” He repeated.

“None.” She bade a soft peck to his forehead before he set her down.

“But if you think you’re gonna keep teasin’ me the way you do… you got another thing comin’ sweetheart.” Spike pinched Buffy’s behind as she bent over to gather up the blanket.

“Eeeeeep!” She straightened in a snap, eyes widening. “Mr. Giles I’m surpised at you!” She mocked mouth agape.

“No… a surprise is what you’re gonna get if we keep this up kitten!” He growled snatching her possessively.

Buffy stared up at him. Lust filled gazes beaming, burning for more.

“We better go.” Her words were captured by the coastal breeze- hardly heard.

Spike said nothing, just collected their belongings and unhurriedly ushered her to his car. He gestured for her to lie down, head on his lap as they pulled away from the breathtaking stretch of beach.

Buffy slept, curled on the Desoto’s black leather, clutching Spike around the waist.

He glanced down upon her every now and then, head swaying in astonishment.

When he finally stopped, having arrived at Buffy’s, he slid out of the car carefully. Jogging round the other side he plucked her sleeping form from the seat, carrying her to her porch as she stirred.

“Where are we?” Her tired purr made a delicious smile crawl over his lips.

“Home luv.” Spike answered, lowering her feet to the ground.

She whined, rubbing her eyes lazily.

“I want to stay with you.” She pouted groggily.

His heart swelled and jeans tightened at the plea.

“One day, absolutly. But I don’t fancy gettin’ belted by your mum… so not today.” He placed an innocent kiss on her distended lips before helping her into the house.

Spike steered the course of the drive, languidly strolling. He paused before ducking into the Desoto, blew a kiss towards her window, and left.

~~

Buffy immersed herself in the fluffy warmth of her bed, body still humming from the brilliant night. She hid her face in her pillow, breathing deeply, willing it to smell like Spike.

‘Mmmmm, so perfect.’ She thought. ‘Doesn’t even care that I…’ Her thoughts trailed off. ‘Tell him everything and then it’ll be perfect, just perfect. Nothing can ruin it, nothing, so, so perfect.’

Sleep then stole her away.

~~

Spike stretched deeply as he entered his house, stifling a yawn when he noticed a soft glow seeping from the study. Slightly on edge he crept around the corner towards the entrance, sighing when the view struck him.

“Nice one da’.” He murmured softly as he approached his fathers sleeping figure.

Giles was awkwardly fitted onto the chocolaty leather of the sofa. Glasses clinging to a few fingers, dangling off the end, a book opened heavily on his chest.

Spike retrieved the novel and spectacles, placing then on his desk, before returning with a warm throw. He tucked it around his father, taking care to cover all of him.
When he felt he had done a sufficient job he halted, not leaving Rupert’s side.

“I’m sorry I’m such a complete git all the time.” He began, his voice hardly resonating.

“Mum always kept me in check, you know. Knew when to give it to me good.” He sighed.

“I miss her too. And I know you worry, but it’s not as easy as all that. But I think it’s getting’ better.” He scratched his head, tears brimming in his eyes.

“Stupid ponce.” He chastised himself.

“You know da’, it’s bloody easier talkin’ to you when you’re not awake to screw it up.” He let out a minute snort.

Spike rose, leaning over clicking the small table lamp off swiftly. He made his away across the room, turning back just before leaving.

“Love you da’.”

With that he hurried up to his room.

A tear escaped down Giles’ face, rolling over the weathered skin.

“I love you too.”

~



*A/N: SO I know I know, I'm bad! I didn't tell you about Buffy's past yet, but it takes time... and all will be revealed soon. Hope you all liked the chap anyhow. Please Please Please let me know what you thought, review make my fanfic go round.*
Fouled by bloody_bint
Chapter 20: Fouled

Buffy sat in class, surveying the second hand as it ticked away the last moments of the day. Her attention was captivated by both the clock and the thoughts of one peroxide blonde that was now never far from her mind.

‘Two minutes thirty seconds.’ She noted. ‘When I see Spike I’ll make with the cool, ask him to come over tonight, and then I can tell him everything. Two minutes. I have nothing to worry about- after all he said he would never get blame-y, no matter what. One minute thirty seconds. Even after seeing me with Coach Rayne he was still an avid Buffy supporter so I have nothing to worry about. One minute. He’ll understand, he did say that it didn’t matter. Thirty seconds. I have nothing to worry about.’

RING

Buffy jumped up from her seat, paying no mind to the teacher. She was out the door, heading towards the training room before Willow could even say goodbye. Repeating her mantra every step of the way she psyched herself up for what the rest of the day would hold.

~~

Spike hurried to his locker, set on being early to practice for once. Well early to Buffy, late to practice if he had his way. He gave his books a half-hearted toss, only to slam the door and dart off down the busy hall.

~~

Buffy twisted the knob and entered the training room, immediately busying herself with assorted tasks.

The door creaked before crashing shut.

She whirled around- heart racing. Her lips parted, ready to berate whomever had startled her. Nothing came out when her eyes settled upon Ethan Rayne.

“You are a jumpy one aren’t you?” Ethan’s voice slithered off his tongue.

All Buffy could think of was his proximity; he was between her and the door- that and the look in his eyes. She only held his predatory stare a moment before making a pass for freedom, charging him.

Rayne’s arms shot out, one hand taking up her face, fingers sinking deep into the hollows of her cheeks. While the other dug sorely into her hip, driving her back up against the concrete wall.

“But you’re a pretty young thing.” His lower hand ghosted up over her torso and right breast, only to traverse the same path back down again.

Buffy let out a strained cry, Ethan’s grip tightening as a result.

“Oh none of that now.” He tsked. “You hurt my feelings when you struggle.” His tone mocked her efforts.

“Let me go!” Buffy’s voice was a mumbled squeak; barley escaping between severely pursed lips.

The vice hold clenching her jaw constricted yet again. She could taste the metallic tinge of blood on her tongue.

“You don’t really want me to do that.”

“Yes, please.” She prayed.

“No, I’m fairly certain you’ll be more than willing to cooperate by the time I’m through with you.” Rayne eased his hold slightly, leaning in low until their faces almost met.

“Never!” Buffy spat the word with potency.

“Oh? You say that now… but I believe with a little persuasion I can get you to sing a different tune.”

“In your dreams!”

“Make no mistake deary…” Ethan pressed his forehead to hers achingly. “This is no dream!”

“My brothers will…”

“Your brothers? It is interesting that you bring them up… I was about to myself. Those persuasive skills I was telling you about… here’s where they kick in.” Rayne took both of Buffy’s breasts in his hands, squeezing brutally, educing a broken sob.

“You want your brother to keep his pathetic job, then I suggest you rethink your position here. I could make his life quite unpleasant.” His teeth ground together as he spoke.

Buffy’s could hardly hold back the wails that petitioned for release.

“No, please! Leave him alone!”

~~

Spike’s hand reached out for the worn knob, only to halt mid-air when a wrenching plea echoed from behind the door.

“No, please! Leave him alone!”

He backed up two steps without realising he was moving. The words began to resonate in his ear until he was fighting back memories and tears.

“No, please! Leave him alone!” Jenny both demanded and begged, her eyes flashing to her bleeding son.

“Oh yeah, keep it comin’ sweetheart… I like it when you beg… come on scream for me!” A menacing arm swung up, striking her tear stricken cheek with a deafening blow.

Tears began to race down William’s face.


Tears began to race down Spike’s face. He continued to back away, body imploring him to flee, his mind unable to process anything.

“Dazed and confused much peroxide-boy?” Xander’s hand hit Spike’s shoulder as he approached his seemingly stunned form.

Spike’s eyes never made contact with the two brothers before he turned and ran.

“O-K, that was both weird and amusing…my brain doesn’t like… I like simple… weird and amusing is not simple. I don’t know whether to laugh or… ” Xander paused. “Oh that’s better, my brain made up its mind.” He broke into laughter.

“Nice! Way to make an effort with your teammates! He could be upset or… maybe…” Angel searched for some sympathetic words, but found they weren’t in him.

“Yeah… cause that attempt is gonna win the peace prize!” Xander challenged.

“At least I tried… for a second… I thought about it!” Angel defended his half-hearted attempt at concern for Spike.

“A little advice… stick to coaching… helping the helpless just isn’t your thing.” Xander snorted before flinging the door to the training room open.

“Hey Buffy.” Angel pulled his sister in for a hug, quickly noticing her condition. “What’s wrong!?”

“N-Nothing…” Buffy’s eyes flashed to Coach Rayne who was sitting at the single desk in the room, looking busy. “I just feel sick, can you take me home.” She left no room for argument with her sniffled request.

“Yeah of course…I just have to let coach know and…” Angel turned towards the sound of Rayne clearing his voice. “Oh?” His brow furrowed at the presence of the older man in the room he thought was empty save his little sister. “Yeah, Xander and I are going to take Buffy home… we’ll be back to practice tomorrow.”

“Of course… Buffy was just telling me she was feeling rather ill, poor little thing.” Ethan’s eyes narrowed on Buffy. “Family always comes first.”

“Yeah thanks.” Angel began to lead his siblings from the room before halting. “Oh and we saw Spike before… he took off… didn’t seem himself, so I don’t think he’ll show.”

“Thank you for letting me know.”

“Yeah.” Angel nodded before making his way outside with Buffy, Xander in toe.

“Y-You said Spike took off?” Upon hearing her brother’s words moments before Buffy had become even more distressed.

“Yep.” Xander answered. “He was outside the training room and then pow, he was hoofing it outta here in a hurry. I guess sometimes you just feel like runin’.” Xander did his best Forest Gump impression.

“Hey Angel?” Buffy looked up with glistening eyes. “I know I said I was feeling sick, and I am, but could you drop me off at Spike’s instead.”

Angel opened his mouth to protest, only to be cut off.

“Please.” Buffy’s voice quivered.

His resolve melted.

“Sure. But you call me the second you’re through and I’ll come to get you… and I do mean second Buffy, you need to get to bed so make it quick.”

“I love you.” Her arms wrapped around her brother’s waist, tears spilling from her emerald orbs.

“What about me? I’m dropping you off too! It’s always about the car… Angel has a convertible and can drive so Angel gets all the…” Xander’s whining was interrupted by his sister’s warm embrace.

“I love you too.”

With that they negotiated their way to Angel’s car and took off towards Spike’s.

‘Why does this happen to you. You always need rescuing. Not this time. Angel and Xander aren’t going to know a thing. They’re already keeping too many secrets for you. It hurts them to know. Making them promise not to tell anyone what happened in LA… you didn’t even tell them everything. Making them believe they could always protect you… that no one needed to know. And now look… they can’t protect you… it would kill them. You can handle this… no one needs to know except... God Spike. It will be fine you’ll see… he probably just forgot something at home. Right. But he said he would never think you were a slut, not ever. No matter what he heard… he won’t think that. He’ll understand… you’ll tell him everything and then he’ll understand.’ Tears cascaded down Buffy’s face as she sat silently willing the pain to go away.

The convertible pulled up to the Giles residence.

Buffy sucked in a deep breath. ‘This is it.’

~




A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry it took awhile to post, just got back from vacation! Please let me know what you think! Reviews make me a happy lil' author!

Oh and btw I'm back on live journal now as well. http://bloody-bint.livejournal.com/profile. So feel free to look me up there too! *hugs*
Loss by bloody_bint
Chapter 21: Loss

Buffy delayed just long enough for her brothers to pull away before she raised her trembling hand and knocked tentatively on the door. She didn’t breath, didn’t dare move while she listened hopefully for any sound. When footsteps began their approach her heart raced, swelling with an initial flicker of optimism.

“Miss Summers?” Giles smiled warmly just before concern overwhelmed his features. “Dear lord, what ever is the matter?”

“I- Is Spike home Mr. Giles?” Buffy managed to calm her nerves and steady her voice before speaking.

“Oh… ah…yes. Is there not practice today? William had already arrived when I …” He trailed off; eyes fixed upon Buffy’s tear stained face. “Forgive me if this is none of my business, but you seem rather upset and I…”

“C-Can I just see Spike please.” Buffy burnt crimson with shame. “I didn’t mean to be rude I just…”

“My fault…please don’t think another thing of it… come right in. I believe William is in his room.” Giles moved aside gesturing for Buffy to enter, deliberately placing a comforting smile over his grim expression.

“Thank you.” Buffy forced a complimentary smile in return and then turned away to venture to Spike’s second story abode.

She rapped lightly on the door, knees threatening to give way.

Nothing.

Buffy let a shuddering breath out slowly before leaning in with her weight, opening the door without another thought.

“Spike?”

Her eye’s scanned his room missing him in the first sweep, only to catch glimpse of his crumpled form peeking over the far edge of the bed on second glace.

“Spike?” Buffy moved gradually across the room, drawing in long pulls of air to still the dizziness that had crept up on her.

When she was mere feet away she ceased her progress, frozen from the sound of wrecked sobs escaping the quaking figure before her.

Spike’s head jarred, his eyes catching hers.

“You shouldn’t be here.” His voice was unfamiliar, gone were the confident drawl and cocky undertone. Leaving nothing but vulnerability and iciness that terrified Buffy to her core.

“Spike…I…”

“Get out of here.”

The conviction caused Buffy to collapse onto the floor before him, a minute howl of despair tearing from her lungs.

“No! You don’t mean that.” She was hyperventilating. “Whatever you heard, I can explain…. I swear I didn’t do anything I…”

“Buffy…” Tears ran down his swollen flesh. “Stop please… “

“NO! You need to understand that I…”

“No YOU need to understand!” Spike shot to his feet anger and misery fuelling him. He seized Buffy by the shoulders shaking her. “This is NOT about you for once! You didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Then what… what’s going on?” Her entire body was wracked with tremors and tears.

He released her, hands hanging limply at his sides.

“We just… we can’t.”

~~

Giles slipped into his room careful not to make a sound, not that anyone would have noticed at that very moment.

He removed his glasses from his worried face and began massaging them between the gathered fabrics of his sweater as he listened to the dramatics unfold in the next room over.

It wasn’t like him to eavesdrop but something told him that this was different, that his son was in trouble and he couldn’t turn away. Not now, not ever.

So he listened.

~~

“What? I don’t except that.” She cried. “You can’t just decide one day that you don’t want me anymore and toss me aside with no explanation!”

“That’s not how it is.” Spike avoided eye contact completely, tears still steadily flowing from his anguished orbs.

“Then tell me how it is.” She answered firmly.

“I can’t.”

A tiny fist shot out, connecting with his torso causing stunned and tortured eyes to snap up.

“God damn-it Buffy!” Rage flashed across his face.

“TELL ME!”

“NO!”

She began beating at his chest, arms flailing in desperation.

“I hate you! I hate you!” She wailed.

“Then hate me.” He took the abuse wholeheartedly.

“If you don’t tell me…” She was bawling now. “Then I’m going to assume you think I’m a disgusting whore and can’t stand the SIGHT of me!”

“Bloody hell you stubborn bint!” He snatched up her thrashing hands, stilling their violence.

“TELL ME!” She shrieked.

“YOU deserve better than me OK!” It tore from Spike’s lips.

Buffy pulled out of his grasp.

“You selfish bastard. You think you can decide what is or ISN’T good enough for ME!” She began backing towards the door.

“Look…you don’t know…”

“Then TELL me!”

“You are wearing on me LAST bloody nerve here. I have NOTHING for you. Do you hear me. NOTHING!

“You’re a COWARD! You can’t even tell me what’s really going on! You’re WEAK!”

The air was torn from Spike’s lungs.

‘You have no idea.’ He thought.

“Get out.” His voice was cold and detached.

“No.”

“Right then… have it your way.” Spike brushed past her shivering frame in an instant and was gone.

Buffy blinked away the fresh tears collecting behind her lashes. She remained motionless for a lengthy stretch of time, wallowing. She ultimately collected herself the best she could and ventured downstairs.

As she entered the foyer she paused only to be gathered up in consoling arms.

Giles held her tight, not a word was uttered.

She noted that it should have felt awkward, but somehow didn’t. Finally she broke the silence.

“I- I need to use the phone.” Her whisper was scratchy and strained.

“Of course dear.” Giles led her into the study, giving her a reassuring pat on the back before exiting.

His heart hurt for the young girl, and for his son. Not since he lost his wife had he bared witness to such heartache.

“Thank you.” Buffy’s tiny voice made its way to Rupert’s ear.

He turned around to see that she had already finished and had made her way to the front door.

“You’re welcome.” He said with all sincerity. “If you ever need anything…”

“Thanks.” With that Buffy slipped around the timber, leaving Giles alone.

~~

“Is it just me or do you look worse squirt?” An air of sheer concern was written on Angel’s face as they drove. “What happened?”

No answer.

“What happened Buffy?”

“He broke up with me.” Her voice was broken and defeated.

“What? Are you sure?”

“Yeah Angel… I’m pretty sure.” Tears escaped down her face again.

“God I’m going to kill him… he’s off the team, you don’t have to worry about that and next time I see him I’m…”

“STOP!” Her cry cut through the air.

Angel hit the brakes, immediately pulling the car over. He turned in his seat, gaze settling on his shivering sister. He took her into his arms, sobs instantly breaking out onto his chest.

“I’m sorry. Shhhhhhh.” His own eyes began to glisten.

“Please don’t do anything… I- I just want to forget about it, but don’t…”

“I was just angry… you don’t have to worry.” Angel stroked her hair in a soothing motion. “Doesn’t mean I’ll like him, but I won’t hurt him.” Angel chuckled softly.

“I think I’m going to quit the team.” It spilled from Buffy’s lips as fast as she thought it.

“What? No! Buffy I know you’re upset, but if you don’t want me to kick his ass then you better keep training. I don’t mean to threaten… actually yeah I do. You can’t let him change you!” Angel fumed.

Buffy had no intention of letting the incident with Rayne out and as much as she wanted to crawl into a dark corner she couldn’t do that to her brothers.

“Fine. I’ll stay.” She allowed a waning smile to flash briefly.

“Good.” Angel twisted the key, pulling off towards their home once more.

“Buffy?” Angel began after a few silent minutes. “I know it doesn’t count because I’m your big brother, but… any guy that can’t see how amazing you are is an idiot.” He never took his eyes from the road.

Buffy made no reply just nodded, gazing out the window.

Another phase of silence passed.

“You sure I can’t hurt him a little?” Angel begged, trying to lighten the mood.

“No.”

“Maybe bench him for a couple games?”

“No.” The faintest hint of a smile graced her lips.

“I know this guy…”

“No!” She let out a tiny snort.

“Fine, fine! Don’t say I didn’t try to help.” Angel added as they pulled into the drive.

After making their way into the house Buffy reached out, grabbing Angel’s sleeve before he disappeared to the basement.

“You did help.” With that she leaned up, kissed his cheek and hurried upstairs.

~




A/N: OK... PLEASE do not hate me... i know the conversation didn't go well... but after how he acted before you can hardly expect him to be all peachy keen! *ducks thrown objects* Stick with me and you wont regret it. Oh... and i can handle it.... let me know what you think....
Past Plays by bloody_bint
Chapter 22: Past Plays

Spike closed his door behind him as he entered his room late that night. Reddened raw eyes were the only reminder of the events that had unfolded hours before. He shed his clothing and crawled between the sheets. He couldn’t shake the memories the day had provided, or the memories it had drudged up. Exhaustion quickly took its toll and soon enough Spike was ripped from one grim reality to another.

He dreamt.

William strolled along side his mother, face buried in the book he had begged her to take him out to get.

“I see you’re happy now.” Jenny commented, a smirk playing on her lips.

“Yes quite!” He smiled brightly, pushing his glasses up and into place.

“You’re your father’s son that’s for sure.” She giggled. “Sometimes I’m convinced there isn’t even any of me in there.”

“Nonsense.”

“See what I mean.” Jenny swung her arm around her son’s neck, rubbing his hair furiously. “You’re allowed to by a kid William.”

“Mum!” He giggled. “Stop! You’re mussing my hair!”

“That’s it… I am taking you to America before it’s too late.” She laughed.

“Could we really go to America one day?” William asked hopefully as he patted down the wild curls.

“Of course silly, you didn’t think I was going to let you miss out on the joys of basketball and monster trucks did you?” Jenny squeezed him tight to her as they meandered down the darkened streets of London.

“Does da’ want to go to America?”

“One thing you have got to know learn about women William… is that we can be very persuasive.” She smiled devilishly before continuing. “I stole his glasses and refused to marry him one night until he promised we would move back home whenever I wanted.”

“Mum!” William chuckled.

“Oh he liked it!” She winked.

They turned a corner, making their way down an unlit alley that connected to their street.

“So mum…”

William was cut off when a sharp metallic object came crashing down from the shadows, striking him above the left eye. He crumbled to the ground momentarily unconscious.

“William!” Jenny cried, attempting to dive down to her boy, only to be driven back forcefully into a brick wall.

“Oh you are a pretty one.” The stranger’s breath crawled over Jenny’s skin. “This is gonna be fun.”

“Let me GO you piece of shit!” She bellowed, tears seeping from her eyes.

“Or what?” He laughed.

William stirred on the ground, his head rising- eyes focusing in on the scene playing out.

“Mum!?” He called in confusion, pain and desperation.

A heavy boot jolted out, connecting with William’s ribs, sending him skidding back across the gravelled earth.

“No, please! Leave him alone!” Jenny both demanded and begged, her eyes flashing to her bleeding son.

“Oh yeah, keep it comin’ sweetheart… I like it when you beg… come on scream for me!” A menacing arm swung up, striking her tear stricken cheek with a deafening blow.

Tears began to race down William’s face. He watched on helpless.

“You can have anything, just leave us alone!” Jenny pleaded.

“I know I can have anything.” His hand curled around her neck and began to constrict. “But this is so much fun.”

William shivered uncontrollably as he lay in the dark, thick blood pouring from his wound. When the culprit’s hand tightened around his mother’s throat he yearned to cry out, scream for help, but his body didn’t obey.

Jenny’s fingers clawed fiercely at the stifling grip, drawing blood with every swipe. Each second without breath the situation became grimmer until ultimately her appendages slipped away from the fight for good. Her eyes rolled back, whites reflecting the light of the moon. One word passed over her lips with her last strangled breath.

“William.”

Her lifeless body fell limp, hanging awkwardly in the stranger’s arms while he explored her form for valuables, taking what he desired. When through, he tossed her into the darkness, her bulk smacking the ground with a deep thud before he took off at a casual pace and was gone.

William drug himself closer to his mother’s corpse, trembling and shocked. He remained there for the hours until they were discovered, silent and still, never thinking of leaving her side.

~~

Buffy locked herself into her room that evening, seeking the sanctuary and solitude of her bed. She tossed and turned, tears still trickling from her puffy eyes. She couldn’t shake the feeling that she had done something wrong, something to drive Spike away. Rayne’s attack was difficult enough, but Spike leaving her was unbearable. She hadn’t felt so helpless, so violated and alone ever in her life. Well, maybe once.

She dreamt.

Buffy stood, arms folded across her chest, hip cocked out to one side, scowling at him.

“Please Summers, I know things have been rough, but I’ve missed you.” Ford’s voice was void of any real emotion as he stepped closer.

“Rough? You were a sucky boyfriend Ford! You didn’t ‘miss’ me when you were with Marcie so I’m thinking now… not so much!” She remained firm.

“I told you not to bring that up again!” He snatched up her arm. “You love me Summers, you love the way I make you feel.” Ford threw Buffy down onto the bed, making her instantly regret allowing him to lead her into the unfamiliar room to talk.

“The way you make me feel? That would be repulsed!” She bit out.

“That’s not what you said when I was inside you.” He crawled over the top of her, taking hold of her wrists.

“You mean the whole five minutes?”

“Bitch!” His head came crashing down onto hers, eliciting a loud snap before dizziness engulfed her.

“Let me go!” She managed.

“I’m going to teach you a lesson, going to make you understand. I need this, I need you!” A desperate quality entered his voice as he began hiking up her skirt.

“No!”

“Yes.”

Ford unzipped his pants with one hand, pinning Buffy down with the other. The throbbing beat of the music blaring from downstairs droned out her cries as he drove into her.

With each agonizing thrust Buffy shrieked and wailed in agony. Tears clouded her vision as Ford quickened his pace. The impact of his motions bruised her sensitive flesh, chaffing it raw.

As he neared his climax Ford pulled out of her abused heat, spilling his cum into the mattress.

“Fix your clothes.” He ordered as he tucked himself back into his jeans.

Buffy could barely move through the stinging hurt, but managed to straighten her garments.

“You’re mine Summers.” His voice was dark and possessive.

It rattled Buffy out of her feeble state. She lunged at him.

“I’m NOT yours! Never! Never!” She clawed at his face as they both toppled to the ground.

“You’re gonna pay for that.” Ford drew up a hand and as it connected with her face the door flew open.

“Buffy!” Angel’s voice called out, furious and desperate.

Xander pushed passed his brother and into the room, a moment later both boys’ eyes fixed on the scene and they charged.

Xander flew to his sister, collecting her shattered figure, immediately carrying her to safety.

Angel’s fist made contact with Ford’s jaw, flattening him onto his back. He kicked him in the stomach, taking the air from his lungs.

“You EVER…” He kicked him again. “TOUCH.” He took up Ford’s head only to slam it back down. “MY SISTER.” His knuckles broke the skin of the boy’s lip as they landed. “AGAIN!” He leaned in low. “They won’t find the body.” He belted him one last time before leaving, anguished moans echoing from the room.

He rushed down the stairs and from the house making his way to his car, to Buffy. When he opened the door to the back seat she was curled into Xander’s lap shaking. Angel crawled in beside them.

“Buffy?” He asked gently.

Xander shook his head in dismay when there was no reply.

“Buffy?” He tried again, reaching a hand out- touching her shoulder lightly.

“I’m sorry.” Her voice was barely a whisper.

“There is nothing to be sorry about.” Tears welled in his eyes. “What happened Buffy?”

When again there was no answer Xander broke in.

“Buff?” He tilted her chin up to look at him. “Tell me, do we need to go to the police?” His voice remained clam and soothing.

“N-No…” She began.

“But he hit you!” Angel’s anger flared again.

“P-Please… please Angel… I don’t want to go to the police. He won’t try anything again… and you… you guys will be there. I’ll stay with you, please… please I don’t want to go.” She cried, desperate to forget.

Tears spilt down both brothers' faces.

“Buff… did he… he didn’t…”

“No.” She lied.

“Promise me you two won’t say anything… to mom… to anyone.” Buffy begged.

“Buffy…” Angel began.

“Promise!” She shrieked.

“Whatever you want squirt.” Angel conceded.

“Can we go home?”

“Yeah, of course.”

Buffy stayed in Xander’s lap, snuggling into the safety and warmth of his embrace. She wiped the tears from her eyes, taking deep breaths to steady herself, never saying a word about the full extent of that night.

~





A/N: Well... now you know. Hope you liked. Please let me know what you think!
Coaching by bloody_bint
Chapter 23: Coaching

Spike woke in a pool of sweat, heart still racing from the brutal events that played out in his dreams. He felt numb with sorrow; stiff as if he had spent the night huddled in that same dark alley. He attempted to stretch his sore and rigid muscles, bringing his hands up behind his head, rubbing his neck. Out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of the photo of his mother, images immediately flooding back, first of Jenny then of Buffy.

‘It had to be this way.’ He told himself. ‘You ran! She needed you and you ran.’ He shook his head in disdain. ‘The girl brought back William and look what happens… you just…again.’

Spike stood, dressing quickly before making his way downstairs. The house seemed empty, cold even. He turned to enter the kitchen when a hand came down, seizing his shoulder.

Spike let out a sharp howl, residual fear coursing through him as he spun around.

“We need to talk.” Giles’ solemn expression and stern voice chilled the air.

He didn’t have to search his father’s eyes long to find the answers there, he knew what he wanted.

“No.” Spike’s reply was equally icy; he had no intention of dealing with his issues now.

“I wasn’t giving you a choice.” The older man stood his ground.

“Yeah? Since when do I care?”

Giles snapped up his son’s arms in a deadly grip.

“I am not playing games William! You have had far too long to hide and I have grown tired of it. You will listen to what I have to say.” He released his hold. “And talk to me that way again; regardless of how much I love you, you will know first hand what I’m capable of when angered.”

The threat hung, filling the space between them.

Spike could only manage a wavering nod, though it was enough to prompt Rupert.

“I overheard your quarrel last night.” Giles’ words were rewarded with a scowl. “What, in the name of God, possessed you to do such a thing?” He snatched the glasses from his face, staring down at his son intently.

“Wasn’t workin’ out.” Spike muttered, averting his now glistening depths.

“Like HELL!”

Spike’s eyes shot back to his father at that.

“What do you know!?” Rage was pooling deep inside.

“I know that you are a stubborn insolent little boy, who, as it happens, loves that girl!” Giles fist slammed down on a nearby table as he shouted.

“Yeah!” He scoffed. “I love her t’ bits! Love her so much I ran away like a skitterin’ little ponce when she needed me! Left her to the bloody wolves!” Tears clouded his vision.

“What on Earth are you talking about?”

“I’m talkin’ ‘bout how I’m PATHETIC! I’m supposed to be STRONG! I need to be! But every time I’m with the girl… I just get…lost.” Spike backed away, head reeling with insecurities.

“Lost? William…”

“I’m NOT William!” Terrified eyes met his father’s once again. “William is weak… he’s weak and he let’s them hurt the girl… I’m not him, I’m not!”

“Listen to me…” Giles’ voice was steady and low. “You need to hear me William. You did not let anything happen to your mother. Nothing has been your fault and if you are pushing Buffy away because you think…”

“I DON’T think! I KNOW! She makes me weak, makes me like William and then I can’t… I just can’t!”

“Can’t what?”

“SAVE HER!” Spike’s fist hit the wall, cracking through plaster and sheetrock.

“Good lord! William! William look at me.” Giles approached his trembling son. “You talk as if there are two men here. Everything you are, everything you are capable of is ONE man! Call yourself whatever name you’d like but you are William.”

Spike flinched at that.

“William is in love with Buffy. William is strong and stubborn and all the other things you are inside. You hear me, you can’t change yourself because you’re scared.”

“No. No!” Spike tore away from his father, head shaking back and forth in disbelief.

“Yes.”

“NO! I have to be strong! I can’t be like that, I can’t be weak!”

“What happened to your mother does NOT make you WEAK!”

“It HAS TOO!”

“WHY!”

“BECAUSE YOU CAN’T DIE!” Spike crumpled to the ground, sobs quaking through his body.

“Dear God!” Giles dove down to his boy, kneeling beside him.

“You can’t, you can’t.” He muttered, clinging to his father. “If it wasn’t my fault… if I couldn’t have… then it could happen again. I can’t loose you, can’t lose anyone, it has to be my fault. It has to be.”

Giles held his son, tears stinging his eyes, quiet for a long moment.

“Pushing people you love away will not protect them or you from hurting William. What happened to your mother was not fair; we had no control over it. But that does not mean everybody dear to you will meet the same fate. You can’t take responsibility for the lives of those you love.”

“I-I’m scared.”

“I know.”

~~

“Buff?” Xander poked his head out the back door.

“I’m here.” Buffy held her legs closer to her chest as she answered.

“I thought I heard you out here.” He took a seat beside his sister. “So what made you get up so early, and if you say school I’m gonna wake mom, the hospital isn’t that far.” He winked, causing her to smile slightly.

“Funny, and no. I just couldn’t sleep.” She shuddered at the memory of her dreams.

“Is it Spike?”

She didn’t answer, just sat silently.

“Okay, I don’t know why I’m saying this, but here it is. I have no idea why Spike would break up with you. For all I know the guy is some freak, already married with eight kids, going to prison for drug trafficking, alien ship is coming to take him home, used to be a woman…”

“I get the picture!”

“Oh sorry. Anyway… like I said I don’t know why… but I know enough to know there is a why Buff. He might not be my favourite person, but he cared about you. And he knows that Angel and I are your brothers and he didn’t strike me as stupid soooooo… I’d say there is something going on.”

“Yeah so? It’s not like I can make him talk to me, make him want me!” Buffy felt fresh tears well.

“I know Buffy. God and I am sorry. I just… I guess it’s just something to keep in mind.” Xander took her into his arms at that, squeezing her tightly.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, revelling in the comfort he provided.

“Hey!” She pulled away, arching a brow. “When did you get all smart and observey?”

“Don’t know?” He shrugged. “Must be all the fortune cookies I eat.” He smiled his wide goofy smile, chuckling lightly.

“Leave it to you to have your stomach connected directly to your brain!” Buffy pushed off of him playfully, standing.

“Hey… isn’t it ‘food for thought’.” He giggled.

“It’s also ‘you are what you eat’!”

“I can live with that.”

Buffy laughed. “Come on Confucius, we got school.”

He stood, following her into the house.

“Xander say ‘a day at school is a day waisted’.” He mocked his best Asian accent.

“Yeah well I say ‘a brother who hasn’t showered is a brother who smells’! Now get going!” She kicked at him.

“Fine!” He began up the stairs, only to stop halfway up. “Buff?”

She looked up at him. “Yeah?”

“It’ll be alright.”

“Yeah, I guess it will.”

~~

“Feeling any better?” Giles questioned, sparing a sideways glance at his son as they drove towards the school.

“Uh… yeah.” Spike was jarred from his thoughts.

“William...” He began. “About earlier this morning…”

Spike tensed in his seat, he had been hoping it wouldn’t be brought up again, at least not so soon.

“I think we both… and please do not feel threatened by this. But I do believe we need that outside help I mentioned before.” He prepared himself for a rebuttal.

Spike contemplated the words, playing them over and over in his head. This morning’s break down fresh in his mind, his decision was easier then he would have thought.

“Probably right.” He muttered.

“Come again?” Rupert was deafened by shock.

“Yeah da’, you’re right. But don’t go getting’ used to it… won’t be admitted again.” He smiled a crooked smile at his father.

“Fair enough.” He returned the smile. “Oh and William? Judging by what was brought to light today, might I suggest talking to Miss Summers? She deserves to know.”

“That’s if she ever speaks to me again.” Spike grumbled feeling thoroughly defeated.

“She may surprise you.”

“She may belt me!”

“Scared of a girl?”

“Ye- NO!”

“Just checking.”

~



A/N: II had written a big paragraph defending the angst in this fic cause a lot of reviews were weary of it... but I deleted it... stick around, read, you wont be disappointed, it is good old Spuffy through and through. Please let me know what you think! Hope i have changed some minds already!
Time Out by bloody_bint
Chapter 24: Time Out

Buffy sat beside Willow in the far stacks of the library, relieved Mr. Giles had declared today a study day, excusing them from class. Desperate to avoid Spike and any further rejection, she happily accepted the time alone with her friend. She trusted Willow and found comfort in opening up to her.

“Buffy, not to sound like a broken record here, but…” Willow scrunched up her face and pursed her lips. “Coach Rayne is sick and well, I think he needs to face some consequences. The locked away to rot, making special friends with his cell mate kind of consequences.”

Wiping away the last of her tears, Buffy arched a partially amused partially shocked brow at her friend.

“I’m just saying.” Willow concluded.

“I know Will.” She sighed, kicking her legs out across the isle. “And believe me I’m all for the rotting. I just… would rather no one else find out…and getting chatty with the police, not so much with the keeping secrets.”

“Buffy you did nothing wrong, you don’t have to keep this a secret!” Willow raised her voice, only to cower and lower it again upon remembering where she was.

“It’s not about that.” She hung her head. “It’s not about me… it’s about everyone else. My family, my brother’s… it would kill them.”

“Do you really believe that Buffy? Don’t you think they would want you to be safe, and for him to pay?” She placed an encouraging hand upon the blonde’s shoulder.

“See Logical Buffy knows you’re right, but unfortunately right now Slow- Irrational Buffy is hogging Buffy brain.” She chewed her bottom lip.

“You are not slow!” Willow chided.

“Right now? Yeah I’d say I’m pretty slow Will. I definitely missed something with Spike… I’m whole worlds behind.”

“Maybe you didn’t exactly miss something. Maybe you weren’t even given a chance to?” She shrugged sympathetically.

“Well what am I suppose to do, read his mind! If he would rather push me away then let me in then that’s his deal.” Buffy huffed.

“Right because you let him in.”

“Right. Wait.” She pouted her lips. “I… this is different, it’s personal.” Guilt washed over her face.

“My guess? Spike’s deal… is personal.”

Buffy wrung her hands together nervously.

“He broke up with me. I can’t do anything about it… I mean, there’s a chance he meant everything he said, and in that case he’s not so big on the Buffy love, so I can’t…” She trailed off staring down at her lap. “Maybe we both just need a little time.”

“I’m sure that’s it. And after a little time-out I’ll bet he’ll come to you, not that what he’s done is completely excusable… but maybe forgivable?” Willow tilted her head, searching Buffy for confirmation.

“Maybe.”

~~

Spike closed his eyes and let the autumn sun warm his skin as he leaned up against the hot metal of his car. He had dealt with Buffy’s avoidance throughout the morning and now, at lunch, he wanted a break from the world. No Buffy, no trying to make amends, no worries, just him, the sun and…

“Hey man, thought I’d find you out here.” Gunn strolled up, hands in his pockets.

Spike’s heavy lids lifted, deep blues gazing at his approaching friend.

“You’re blockin’ m’ sun.” His tone was snide yet comical.

“Believe me bro, I’m doing you a favour. Don’t think sun’s your thing.” He winked.

Spike snorted in response, arching a brow.

“So mate… what’s up?”

“Somethin’s gotta be up?” Gunn mocked hurt, placing a hand across his chest.

“Don’t think you’re here for a snuggle that’s for bloody sure. So… what’s up?” Spike crossed his arms over his chest.

“Oh nothing much…” He paused, a smile growing over his face. “We just happen to be invited to play in the LA Premiere Cup this weekend! Whole team’s movin’ out crack of dawn tomorrow morning.” He beamed.

“The whole team?”

“Yup.”

“Is going to LA?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Together?”

“Yeah man, and try not to sound so enthused.”

“We need to talk.” Spike rubbed his eyes in frustration.

“About?”

“Buffy.”

~~

“Hey Buff!” Xander threw himself down beside his sister at the lunch table.

“Hey.” Buffy’s reply was strained.

“Where’s Will?” He snapped his head back and forth searching for the redhead.

“You can relax Xand, she just went to get a drink.” She eyed him with amusement.

“My thirsty girl.” He laughed. “So anyway, you wont believe what’s happened!” He bounced.

“So spill!”

“We’re going to LA! The team gets to compete in the LA Premiere Cup!”

“Oh my God!” Buffy squealed in excitement. “Xand that’s totally…” Her expression became grim, her tone losing its jubilance. “Bad.”

~~

“You’re an even bigger idiot then I thought bro!” Gunn shook his head in dismay as they made their way back into the building.

“I’m aware.” Spike admitted.

“No man, I mean BIG idiot. We’re talkin’ chews on his own hair, isn’t capable of human speech, tell me about the rabbits stupid!”

“I KNOW!” He growled.

“Okay, just as long as you understand what a complete screw up you really are.”

“Yeah.” Pain was evident in his voice.

“You’re stupid…” He paused, continuing after Spike’s hurt eyes met his own. “But you’re also lucky, I’m sure she’ll hear you out.”

“Maybe.”

~~

Buffy entered the training room with Angel, having waited in the parking lot for him after the last bell. She had no intention of ever being caught alone with Coach Rayne again. She set her bag aside and hopped up onto the training bench.

“So Xand told me about LA.” Buffy began.

“Yeah? Isn’t it great!” Angel shuffled through release forms as he spoke.

“Yeah… great.” She faked enthusiasm, raising her brows. “When do you leave?” She fidgeted, waiting for his reply.

“We leave at 5am.” He looked up, noticing Buffy’s crushed expression. “Don’t worry squirt… you and Xand are riding with me. You won’t have to be on a bus for three hours.” He gave her a squeeze.

“Oh… great.” She blew out a long breath.

“Somethin’ wrong kiddo?”

“No… I’m fine, just a little wigged about going back to LA, and then there’s the whole Spike thing and a weekend away just sounds, well, wig worthy.”

“Sorry Buffy. You don’t have to go, but it would mean a lot. And we do need you, you know that right?” His tone indicated something deeper.

“I know.” She nodded in acceptance.

“Well…” He gathered up his paperwork. “I got quite a job on my hands if this team is gonna have a chance tomorrow.” He turned and headed out the door.

“WAI…” Buffy didn’t want to be alone, but she bit back her protest as Spike appeared in the doorway.

“Do you want me to chase him down… don’t think he heard you luv.” Spike stared at the ground as he spoke gently.

“N-No…” She shook her head. “It’s fine.”

Spike didn’t say another word, just stood there, head rising until he was looking Buffy in the eyes.

She held his gaze for a moment, until uneasiness set in, causing her to look away.

“Did you want something?” Her voice was light and breathy.

“Uh, yeah.” He moved closer to her, lifting his bandaged hand into view.

“What did you do?” Buffy scooped up the wounded appendage, noticing the blood seeping through.

“This?” He played coy for a moment, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

Buffy shot him a quick glare. “Yeah this.”

“Right… got into it with da’ this morning.” He looked away as she began to change the dressing. “Punched a bloody wall.”

Buffy hissed as she began to rinse the broken flesh, wincing at the mangled damage.

“It looks awful.” She mumbled.

“You should see the wall.” He let a mild smirk form.

Buffy looked up from her work, smiling slightly.

“Buffy, about what happened…”

“Stop!” She cut in. “If what you’re going to say is just some lame attempt at an excuse or apology I don’t want to here it.”

“It’s not. I was… I want to explain. …”

“Spike.” She took a deep breath. “I want to let you.” She had to look away when a smile crept over his lips. “Just not yet.”

He hung his head for a moment, before straightening, clearing his throat.

“That’s somethin’.”

“It is.”

~



A/N: Only seven more chaps left... stick with me! Daily updates until they're all up! Please, please, please let me know what you think!
Play Off by bloody_bint
Chapter 25: Play Off

Buffy rested the entire way to LA; the hum of the road had always lulled her to sleep. She pushed all thoughts of her past and present troubles away and was brimming with anticipation as she stood beside her brothers just outside the field gates.

Everyone gathered together beside the bus, all eyes on Angel as he addressed the group.

“All right. It’s 8:30 now. We play at 10am. After we win…” He eyed each player. “We check into the hotel at one. Any questions?” He paused for only a breath. “Good. Get changed, get stretched out and meet me at the practice field. GO.”

The players quickly disbanded and headed for the locker room.

“Have I ever told you you’ve got great people skills?” Buffy quipped.

“Who needs people skills when there’s force?” Angel winked back at his sister.

“It’s the twenty-first century Angel… men don’t have to be barbarians. The ‘me mad, me yell and hit things’ mentality is of the past.” She patted him on the back.

“Are you saying I’m not hip?”

“No… I’m saying you’re kinda scary.”

“Hey, that hurts.” He pouted in jest.

“The truth often does.”

“I’ll show you scary!” With that Angel took off after a fleeing Buffy.

~~

“You talk to her yet?” Gunn asked as the ball made contact with his head, eliciting a resounding smack.

“Said she needed time.” Spike answered striking the ball back, forehead first.

“So you gonna try again tonight?” He continued to talk while heading the ball.

“Try lookin’ up the definition mate.” Smack.

“Wuss.” Smack.

“Nag.” Smack.

“Enough chatting ladies!” Angel bit out, interrupting.

Smack. “Owe!” Gunn‘s hand flew to his eye.

“Shake it off.” Angel instructed before walking away to oversee the rest of warm-ups.

Spike broke out into laughter as soon as Angel was out of earshot.

“What’s so funny bro?” Gunn snapped.

“You. Your head’s as stark as a cue ball, reckon it’s the perfect target… and still you cop it in the eye… bloody hilarious.”

“At least I’m not coppin’ it from coach… all that hostility, is directed at you my friend.” He pointed emphatically.

“Do you think she told him?”

“Ooooh I think she might have.” Gunn tried to gesture with his head.

“Typical! Bloody women… like I don’t have enough to deal with!”

“Uh, Spike.” Gunn attempted to interrupt.

“I’ve got my own problems, and what a bleedin’ train wreck they are. I’ve got Buffy to deal with, and now my coach hates me!”

“Spike.”

He spun around towards the voice behind him, face burning with embarrassment.

“You’re going to have one more problem if you don’t head for the main field… NOW.” Angel barked.

Spike scanned the area, noting the sudden absence of any other player aside from he and Gunn.

‘Shit.’

He didn’t say a word, just turned and ran.

~~

“Game’s about to start… will you hand me the sub list?” Angel’s eye’s never left the field.

“Yeah sure.” Buffy turned around, rummaging through the duffle bag her brother had brought.

“Where…?” Her face scrunched up in frustration. “Oh! Got it.” She exclaimed, rising.

“He…” Her voice caught in her throat as her eyes focused in on the stands.

“Did you find it or…” Angel spun around in frustration only to freeze as well.

“Don’t worry.” He spoke after a heavy pause.

“No?” Was all Buffy could manage as she stood, staring.

“No. I’m here.”

“Okay.”

‘Oh Shit.’

~~

“Look at me!” Spike slapped Xander’s face with restrained force.

Xander’s eyes met his teammate for only a moment before diverting once more, causing Spike to snatch up his jaw in an angry fist.

“Pay attention! You miss ONE more…” He held up a shaking finger. “And I’m personally gonna kick your arse!”

Xander ripped away from Spike’s hold, scowling.

“Keep your eyes on the field mate!” He added.

“Should say the same to you.” Xander’s voice wavered with rage.

Spike’s eyes narrowed.

“Yeah? Well I’m not the one killing this for us!” He sucked in gulps of air.

“Whistle blew.” Xander purposefully avoided the comment.

“Yeah.”

Spike made his way back to his position in mid-field, eyes sneaking sideways glances as he jogged.

‘Who the fuck is that?’ He tried to shake away the thoughts, but was unable. ‘Wanker won’t keep his eyes off my girl. And what’s with the brothers-grim staring him down?’

~~

“I’m going to kill him.” Angel spat through severely gritted teeth.

“I- I’m sure he’s just here to watch the game.” Buffy answered meekly, becoming paler with each word.

“And that makes a difference? He’s here!” Angel peered over his shoulder for the twentieth time, glaring up into the stands.

“Shouldn’t you be…I don’t know, coaching?” Buffy questioned.

“Rayne’s got it.”

Buffy shivered.

“I’m not leaving your side.”

“And I appreciate that, but we’re in the middle of a game here. A game we are in serious risk of losing if you don’t do something!” She summoned all her strength, not allowing his presence to better her.

“You’re right.” Angel stood, making his way over to Ethan.

“We need to sub.”

~~

Spike couldn’t hear anything but the shouting of teammates as the final whistle blew. Uneasiness washed over him as his eyes darted around frantically. Everyone was celebrating; he had trouble focusing in on anyone in particular. He made Angel’s face out of the crowd; he was being drug onto the field by rowdy players looking to pay homage.

“Come back from behind, against all odds WIN bro!” Gunn slapped Spike’s back as he approached.

“Yeah.” Spike brushed him off, still searching.

“Uh, in case you missed it, we just won here.” Gunn arched a brow.

“I know.”

“Mind telling me what’s with the Ray Charles then? Movin’ your head so much it’s makin’ me dizzy.”

“Have you seen…”

His voice caught in his throat and his blood ran cold.

“Buffy.”

He watched her form disappear behind the stands, the same stranger in pursuit.

Spike snapped out of his trance just in time to be snatched up by appreciative teammates. They held him high as they danced around in celebration.

‘Shit.’

~~

“Where’s Buffy?” Angel sounded hysterical as he made his way out of the riot.

“She’s not with you!” Xander’s voice cracked.

“You go that way, I’ll go this way.” Angel pointed. “And Xand…” He waited for eye contact. “Find her, but be careful.”

~~

‘Damn cell phones.’ Buffy thought as she ventured away from the noise.

With each step the clamour died down, though just as she was able to hear well the call disconnected.

“Great.” She muttered. “Hope they leave a message.” She began to hit buttons, checking to see if she recognised the number. “Sorry, Buffy can’t answer the phone right now… she’s deaf.” She giggled to herself as she mocked a message recording.

Blocked number.

“Oh well.” Buffy turned to head back to the sidelines.

After only a step she froze in her tracks, mouth falling agape.

“Miss me?”

~




A/N: Oh No! *gasp* What's that I sense? Could it be? No she wouldn't? It is! More angst.... *evil laugh* Hope you liked! Please let me know what you think! Reviews are love. Oh and if you have been waiting (a while sorry) for a new chapter of Tears In Heaven... it will be up today! :-)
Insult for Injuries by bloody_bint
Chapter 26: Insult for Injuries

“Miss me?” Ford took a step forward, closing the distance between them.

Buffy remained silent, fear stealing away her breath.

“Oh come on Summers… don’t I get a hello?” He moved closer yet.

She flinched. “No. Leave me alone Ford.” She shivered.

“Or what?”

“My brothers…”

“Hold a hell of a grudge that’s for sure. But then again… so do I.” His voice turned cold as he swallowed the remaining space, coming to halt just inches from her frame.

“If you know what’s good for you… you’ll Leave. Me. Alone!” She emphasised the last few words.

“Easy Summers, I’m just here to talk.”

“You expect me to believe that.” Buffy spat back.

“No. But it was worth a try.” With that Ford’s arms shot out, taking her by the shoulders he crashed his mouth to hers.

~~

Spike’s feet nearly slipped out from under him as he attempted to stop his sprint instantaneously. He had broken away from the celebratory mass moments before, immediately taking off towards Buffy.

He was still a ways away when he caught sight of the girl in question, lips planted securely on the unknown.

“Bloody hell.” It came out a strangled whimper. “Needs time does she?” He scoffed before pivoting, heading off in the opposite direction.

~~

Buffy’s leg jolted out, striking Ford in the shin, causing the desired effect of breaking the embrace.

“You’re sick!” She spat, wiping her mouth.

“Says the former lover. What does that make you?

“Infected.” Her eyes became slits as she bit out the word.

Ford opened his mouth to respond, but nothing made it out before he was tackled to the ground in a flash.

Xander smashed into him with brutal force, causing both to cascade to the earth in a flurry of arms and legs.

They broke apart upon contact, scurrying to their feet in a rush.

“Lucky girl always has someone to save the day.” Ford snapped at Buffy.

“Don’t even look at my sister!” Xander screeched lunging for Ford again.

Ford’s fist shot out in retaliation, hitting Xander’s left eye with a jarring impact.

“OWE!” Xander shrieked, only to ball up his own fist and shoot back, catching Ford across the jaw.

Ford fell backwards not expecting a return blow, and into Angel’s arms.

“Remember me?” Angel asked, lifting slightly before dropping the boy down onto his raised knee.

Ford squealed in pain.

“Xander?” Angel held Ford by the neck as he addressed his family. “Get Buffy to my car, wait for me there. I shouldn’t be too long.”

“Right.” Xander whined, clutching at his swelling eye as he and Buffy took off as directed.

“Do you remember what I said to you last time Ford?” He waited for fear to flash across the boy’s face. “Don’t worry, I’ll make it quick.”

~~

An hour later Angel’s car pulled up behind the already emptied bus in front of the hotel. The three siblings had driven in silence, Buffy worrying her bottom lip, Xander cupping his injured eye, and Angel nursing his bruised knuckles as he drove.

As Angel killed the engine Buffy instantly moved to exit the vehicle.

“Buffy?” Angel began.

“We’ll talk later. I promise.” She replied before escaping.

“So… did you really kill him?” Xander questioned half-seriously.

“Close enough. Beat him almost unconscious, drug him over to one of the goals, stripped him naked and tied him to the net.” He answered matter-of-factly.

“Cool.”

~~

Buffy meandered across the open area in front of the hotel, breathing deeply. As she made her way past the bus she jumped, the sound of someone’s feet hitting the pavement startling her. She turned, moving around to examine the source of the noise.

“Spike?”

Her voice caused him to stumble, almost dropping the bag he carried. His surprised expression quickly turned to one of contempt.

“What are you doing here goldilocks? Thought you’d be with your new boy-toy.” It took all his effort to mask his hurt with anger.

“What?”

“You heard me. Look kitten, when you said ‘not yet’ you should have just told me you wanted a quick roll in the hay with another bloke, cause seconds… aren’t really my thing.”

“Why are you saying this?” Tears began to fall from her eyes, as she stood stunned.

He ignored her.

“But it’s not really seconds if I had you first… it’s more like thirds… boy you do get around.”

Buffy stalked forward, lifted her arm, and pulled it back letting loose.

“Bloody HELL!” His hands flew to his nose.

Tears streaming down her face she fled, not stopping, not looking back.

~~

After taking his bag up to his room Spike rummaged around, searching for some ice for the throbbing pain in his face. Finding none in his room, he ventured down to the lobby.

Scanning the area he quickly found the customer service counter, sighing with relief he made his approach. Not noticing the two brothers advancing from the opposite direction.

“Ice.” Three voices chimed in unison.

Three eyes snapped over to Spike curiously, he returned the confused stare.

“Excuse me?” The mousy blonde behind the counter whined.

“Oh…uh…” Angel turned towards the attendant, only to glance back at Spike. “Three… ice packs please.”

“Riiiight.” She arched a brow, gaze travelling over each wounded boy before leaving to retrieve the requested items.

They continued to stare at one another, silently waiting.

“Just leave them in your room when you check out…” She returned, dispensing the ice packs. “We’ll take care of it.”

“Thanks.” Angel answered for the group.

The brothers started off, making their way over to the sofas in the corner of the lobby. Angel turned, gesturing for Spike to follow.

“So… not that I really care, but what happened to you? Because if you were jumped by the other team, I’d be obligated to do something.” Angel enquired, hissing as he placed the cool comfort onto his mangled hand.

“Thanks for your concern, really.” Spike carefully leaned the ice against his blackening nose, muffling his speech. “But this… is your sisters handy work.”

“All right Bu- AHH!” Xander winced in pain as he roughly smacked the icy bag onto his eye.

Spike glared over the plastic edge of his pack.

“Hey, I’m not supporting violence here, but if my sis wants to go all Xena on someone… I say, more power to her.” Xander tilted his head awkwardly as he spoke, looking at Spike through his one exposed eye.

“Yeah well I probably deserved it anyhow, I was a right wanker- Buffy can date whoever she bloody wants.” He hung his head, evading eye contact.

“So you tried to get her back and she turned you down huh? Tough break, I for one thought…” Xander was cut off.

“Get her back?! How the hell would I have a chance to do that when she’s snoggin’ everybody and their bloody brother?” Spike pulled the ice from his face, becoming angry.

“Wait a minute. What’s Buffy doing with someone’s brother?” Angel asked.

“Feminine chap… ‘bout yeh high.” He held his hand up. “Engaged in quite the public display after the game.” Spike nodded his head for comprehension.

“Oh you mean Ford!” Xander pointed triumphantly, finally putting two and two together before freezing, letting the ice pack fall from his eye. “Oh boy you’re an idiot.”

“Hey!” Spike growled only to be struck in the shoulder by Angel with a bruising force.

“Listen here boy and listen carefully…our injuries in no-way compare to what I did to that piece of shit, so when I ask you to tell me what you said to my sister, you better pray it’s not that bad.” Angel seethed with fury.

“Wait? You… she’s not?” Spike leaned back, confusion and regret pulsing through him.

“I’m asking the questions here and I’m waiting on an answer.” Angel spat.

Spike’s eyes grew wide. “I…uh… bloody hell I told her she gets ‘round!” His face fell into his hands. “I never, Jesus I…I just…” He sucked in a deep breath. “I was hurt.” He mumbled.

Angel’s expression softened slightly.

“You know… you might be the stupidest guy in the entire world, but at least you don’t mean to hurt my sister. If you kept your mouth shut, didn’t say anything at all, and didn’t touch her, I actually wouldn’t mind you too much.” Angel confessed.

Spike’s stunned eyes met Angel’s.

“But I…”

“Listen… I’m probably going to regret this, especially if my sister isn’t in a forgiving mood, but that guy, the one you saw her with, attacked her a year or so back. He showed up today and, well, you saw just how friendly he got.” Angel shook his head.

“For fuck sake, not again!” Spike’s eyes clouded over with images of Buffy’s altercation with Rayne.

“Yeah.” Xander chimed in. “We couldn’t believe he came back either.”

Spike stood, thoughts racing through his mind.

“I…I gotta go.” Spike spun around to leave, head turning back when he was caught by a firm grip.

“This doesn’t mean I like you.” Angel grumbled.

“I…”

“I know, go already.”

~~

Buffy lay, sprawled out across the scratchy comforter in her hotel room, wiping her eyes. She brought the wad of tissues up to her face, blotting roughly as she continued to sniffle.

‘My life sucks.' She thought. 'Sucky sucky life.’

A light knocking at the door interrupted her wallowing, causing her to wiggle her way off the bed.

‘If it’s my brothers I’ll tell then I’m tired. If it’s Spike I’ll tell him to go to hell.’

She wiped her eyes one last time before pulling the door open halfway, intent on proclaiming her position.

“Buffy.”

~



A/N: Look *ducks flying objects* I am well aware Spike was a douche again... he is man... or boy rather... it happens... I hope his talk with the brother's softened that blow... stick with me... we are four chaps away plus an epilogue! Please leave a review!
Playing Dirty by bloody_bint
Chapter 27: Playing Dirty

“Buffy.” Rayne hit the door with a jarring force, sending Buffy reeling backwards as it flung open entirely. “Such an awkward name isn’t it.”

She drew herself up onto her knees and hurriedly crawled for the exit, failing however, when Ethan’s leg connected with her shoulder, sending her cascading back once more.

“Such an awkward name for an awkward girl. Didn’t anyone ever tell you it isn’t proper to play with boys?” He tsked.

Buffy crab-crawled back until she hit the edge of the bed, using it as leverage she climbed to her feet. She stood, fear and pain glistening in her eyes.

“What? No one here to save you this time?” Rayne purred sadistically.

His words sparked something within Buffy, something that had always been there, but had been pushed aside, forgotten.

“You know… the whole British accent, proper this proper that thing is really cutting down on the affect here. Believe me… you’re striking fear into no one.” She cocked a hip to one side as she spat her insult.

“You little Bitch! I’ll show you the meaning of fear!” He stalked forward.

“What? By approaching me to death? What ever will I do?” She mocked him, circling away.

“You’ll scream… yes… there will be a lot of screaming.” Rayne lunged at her then, eliciting a shriek of surprise from Buffy as they hit the ground.

“You were lucky…” Buffy cried as she struggled against him.

“Yes? How’s that?” He questioned as he immobilised her beneath his weight, pinning her hands at the wrists.

“I… and I plead temporary insanity on this one…” She fought, legs kicking “Spared you twice….” She paused. “It won’t happen again!” With that her head smacked his with a surprising impact, causing him to release his grip briefly.

Her hand came up to caress the now throbbing bump forming, before attacking Ethan with vigour.

“You’re going to pay! You hear me!” She clawed and kicked at him, gaining a little more freedom which each endeavour.

Rayne shook his head, regaining his bearings.

“You…. are going to regret that.” He took hold of her by the hair only to slam her skull into the thinly carpeted floor.

She made no sound, eyes rolling back instantly.

~~

Spike bounced nervously, willing the elevator to hurry its accent.

‘Should have taken the bloody stairs.’

~~

Ethan leaned back onto his heels, straddling the prone, lifeless form beneath him.

“Told you, you would regret that.” He cuffed his sleeves casually as he added the dark comment.

“And now… now you’re going to get what you deserve.”

He finished adjusting his dishevelled figure, cuffing and smoothing everything back to his twisted idea of normality before reaching down with shaking hands. He began to unbutton Buffy’s blouse, compulsive chaos shining wildly in his eyes.

“Not fighting me now, are you.” He hummed, licking his lips. “Never again. Not after you’re mine.”

Upon freeing the last of the buttons he pulled the garment off in a violent gesture, immediately pawing over her ivory flesh.

“Will you look at that… all creamy and good to eat.” He cooed manically.

“I’m…”

Sudden rapping at the door caused Rayne to stiffen, hands reflexively melding over Buffy’s mouth.

“Buffy?”

~~

Spike placed hands on either side of the doorframe, lowering his head.

“Please Buffy… open up luv.” His voice came out strained. “I know I’ll never be able to make it up to you. And I don’t deserve anything from you, but… I… I didn’t know.” He sighed with frustration, his hand lowering on reflex to try the knob.

Hope flashed in his eyes.

“Look pet… you can hit me all you want, break my bloody nose if it makes you happy, but I need to talk to you. I’m coming in…”

He pushed the door opened slowly, peering in cautiously. He took an abrupt step forward, eyes taking in Buffy’s limp figure lying near the bed.

“BUF…” He flew back into the hallway as the door swung in on him, brutally connecting with his left side.

It creaked back open and there stood Ethan Rayne, smirking.

Spike’s eyes flashed from Buffy to Rayne, the scene playing out familiar somehow. His hand rose unconsciously, cupping his left eye. He wheezed, breath being stole from his lungs.

“Pathetic.” Ethan spat.

Spike’s eyes snapped up in pure piercing hatred. He rose to his feet silently, advancing forward until Ethan flinched.

“Yeah.” Spike nodded angrily. “I’m pathetic.”

Ethan hit the ground with a resonant thud, blood gushing from his broken nose.

“Ain’t it a bitch?”

Ethan scrambled to his feet, wiping the flowing ambrosia from his face, spitting it from his mouth.

“I am…” He began.

“You…” Spike closed the gap between them. “Are going to pay.”

The uppercut slammed into Rayne’s gut, taking him by surprise.

“Over and over again.” Spike continued. “And after that…” He kicked the kneeling man in the jaw. “You’ll pay some more.”

Spike neared Ethan once more, only to be assailed by a sweeping leg. He crumpled to the ground, clutching his stricken appendages in agony.

“Little boys, playing men… that’s all you are… all of you. You are truly pathetic.” Rayne hissed, foot catching Spike under the chin.

Spike shook off the dizziness.

“Say what you want you bloody wanker… you won’t touch the girl.” He growled.

“Oh I’m fairly certain you’re wrong about that.”

“You’re right.” Spike crept back, Ethan following inch by inch. “I couldn’t take you in a fair fight.” He continued his venture.

“Submitting so easily? Pathetic was an understatement.” He scoffed.

“Not submitting.” Spike stopped. “Cheating.”

In a flurry Spike’s arm struck out grabbing the base of the floor lamp he was now beside, swinging it with all his valour it ploughed into the side of Rayne’s head.

“I said fair fight.” Spike bit out as he rose.

Spike’s angle on the ground hadn’t yielded the maximum impact, allowing Rayne to sustain consciousness, barely.

“You little shit.” Ethan whispered, grasping at anything for stability.

“Now get the hell out of HERE.” Spike howled, pointing to the doorway. “Out of this room, out of this hotel, out of this city!”

Rayne half-crawled half-stumbled towards the exit.

“Rayne?” Spike voice boomed, causing Ethan to halt. “Don’t go too far. People are going to be looking for you… I’m sure of it.”

With that Ethan dove for the door, pulled it open and was gone.

Spike sighed, running his hands through his hair, overwhelmed for a moment. A second passed before he turned his attention to Buffy, swooping down to her still immobile figure.

“Buffy luv… “ He prompted, eyes welling with tears as he cradled her head.

He lifted her then, placing her gently onto the bed. Looking around frantically he rushed into the bathroom, wetting a cloth quickly, he returned to her side.

“I’m never leaving you alone again.” He whispered, running the damp material over her face. “Bloody wanker magnet you are.”

He returned to the bathroom, re-wetting the cloth, wringing it out well before heading back to his girl. He wiped it over her eyes with thoughtful care. Sliding onto the bed himself, he slipped her head onto his lap, holding her close. He revelled in the steady rise and fall of her chest, focusing intently on that alone.

“Come on baby.” He coxed.

Continuing his ministrations and murmurings, he waited, hoping she would wake soon enough. As time ticked on his eyes slid closed, the stress of the day taking its toll.

“Come on pet… wake up.” He yawned once, his whispers weakening. “Wake up, need you.” He stretched, sinking down into the mattress. “Need you so much… love you.” It trickled off his lips.

The slight movement went unnoticed; his eyes only snapping open after the sweet sound reached his ears.

“Spike?”

~



A/N: *deep breath* Hope you all liked. Stick around for the resolution... four more chapters left. Please PLEASE let me know what you thought!
End Notes:
Most wonderful banner ever made by the lovely midnite_holic! thanks again love!
Practice makes perfect by bloody_bint
Chapter 28: Practice makes perfect

“Spike?” Buffy’s eyes fluttered open as his name left her lips.

“Buffy? Buffy!” Spike snapped up, realisation hitting him.

“Owwwe!” She cried, his sudden movements having jarred her pulsing head.

“Sorry! Sorry kitten!” He stilled his motions, instead helping to ease her up.

“It’s fine, I’m fine, I just…” She froze, arm heading for her neck halting in mid-air, fear flashing in her eyes. “Oh God!” Her gaze flew down towards her barely covered torso, then back to Spike.

“Sorry.” He turned away, mentally cursing himself for not having thought to cover her.

Buffy scrambled for something to hide her exposed midriff.

“Here I’ll get it luv.” Spike offered, pushing off the bed to quickly gather her blouse. “Sorry.”

“Stop apologising!” She took the presented garment. “It wasn’t like you…” She stopped. “Spike?”

“Yeah pet?” He looked her way once more.

“What are you doing here?” Confusion and helplessness clouded her glistening emeralds.

“That… right.” His hand massaged the nape of his neck. “I… uh… I thought I’d stop by, you know…”

“No I don’t know!” She was becoming angry, overwhelmed. “I’ll tell you what I know! I know that you were the king of all jerks, I hit you, came up here to be alone, which in my life is always a swell idea, and then Coach Rayne…” She began to shake as tears broke free down her face.

“Shhhhhh, easy luv.” Spike dove back to the bed, taking her face in between his palms. “I came here… I wanted to apologise…”

Buffy tried to look away in a huff, but failed when Spike’s grip tightened ever so gently, bringing her eyes back to his.

“I needed to apologise.” His voice held such conviction. “I had no idea what I was sayin’, not a bloody clue.” He drew in a breath. “I’m tired of being such a wanker though, I can tell you that much.” He let his hands drop from her face with a deep sigh.

“W-What happened…?” Buffy wiped her eyes, trying to steady herself. “Once you….”

“Took care of it is all.” Spike hung his head, avoiding her gaze. “Couldn’t do much, with you all unconscious and what not, but he’s gone for now.” He shook his head in frustration. “Wanker’s gonna get what’s coming to him though… promise me Buffy.” Suddenly Spike’s azure depths were fixated upon her.

“Spike I…”

“No excuses Buffy! What he did… what he could have done!” Spike groaned in exasperation. “You’re going to the police if I have to drag you there my….”

“Alright.” It came out in a whisper.

“What?” His brow furrowed in disbelief.

“Yeah, I’ll go to the police… and you don’t have to drag me.” A minute smile flickered briefly across her lips.

Spike smiled a genuine smile then, one that took Buffy’s breath away.

“Spike.” She gasped.

“What? What is it luv?” His smile faded, replaced with an expression of worry.

“You smiled.” She sounded amazed.

“Yeeeeah, tend to do that from time to time pet.” His lips pulled to one side, the beginnings of a smirk.

“I know, I just…” She tilted her head, studying him. “You seem… happy.”

“Well if that prick is gonna get it and you’re even talkin’ to me right now I’d say things are lookin’ up luv.” He gently tucked a few wild hairs behind her ear.

“That’s not it… something’s… different.” Buffy blushed at the intimate contact as she spoke.

“You’re not wrong ‘bout that.” His hand lingered on her face.

Buffy’s expression changed, brow creasing in contemplation until her eyes snapped to his in recognition.

“You love me?!” It flew from her mouth.

Spike choked. “Do not. I mean… I didn’t… yooooou…” He pointed a finger at her in frustration, only to sigh and drop it to his side. “Bugger…yeah… love you t’ pieces, love you so bloody much I can’t see straight, you’re all I think ‘bout, dream ‘bout. You’re everything.”

Buffy’s arm struck out, connecting with his shoulder with all her might.

“OWE! Bloody hell woman! What was that for?!” He howled.

“You broke up with me!” She huffed.

“And I’m sure I’ll be spending a lifetime makin’ it up to you! But ease off with the violence!” He rubbed his shoulder.

“You’re a confident one! What makes you think I’m going to let you make it up to me!”

“Not given’ you a bloody choice!”

“OH that’s…”

Spike dove then, devouring her lips with his own, body engulfing hers. The kiss was desperate and needy as they duelled in passion. Melding together in a dance until they broke apart, panting deeply, forehead to forehead.

“S-Spike…” Buffy was the first to speak, her voice husky and low. “What you saw…”

“Shhhh pet, it’s okay.” Spike soothed. “Your brothers filled me in.”

“Oh good cause…” She tore herself away abruptly. “My brother’s told you?!”

“Calm down kitten. They had your best interests at mind.”

“Yeah, and what would that be?!”

“Me.”

Her expression softened once more, a slight smirk playing on her lips.

“We are talking about the same brothers here right? Big guy… sulky… stupid hair, has an idiot side kick… also known as brother two.”

“Cute… and yes that’s them… tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber.”

“Hey!” She smacked him half-heartedly.

“What? You can insult them and I can’t!”

“That’s right! Insulting rights are reserved for family members only!” She nodded deliberately, jutting her bottom lip out.

“Ohhhh, missed that lip, missed it so…” Spike purred crawling towards her.

“Ah-ah-ah!” She put her hand out, stalling him. “First I’ve got a question.”

“Anything luv, want to know how much I love you? How beautiful you are? How I’m going to make this all up to you? Anything kitten, tell me, tell me what you want.” He cooed seductively trailing kisses over her outstretched arm.

“Mmmmmm.” Her eyes drifted closed for a moment, only to pop open upon remembering her enquiry. “Spike?”

“Mmmm-hmmm.” He continued his ministrations.

“Why’d you break up with me?”

~~

“Shouldn’t we check on Buffy?” Angel asked, pausing out side he and Xander’s door.

“My vote? A resounding no. I think she needs a little space right now. Plus you kinda sent Spike in there fully loaded with classified info, and depending on how well that went… you could be facing one hell of a pissed-a-palooza.” Xander gestured flamboyantly as he spoke.

“Right. Morning’s good.”

“That’s what I’m sayin’.”

“So sleep now…”

“…Buffy later.” Xander finished.

“Okay.” Angel opened the door with a flick of his card key. “Night Xand.”

“Night.”

They climbed into their respective beds silently.

“Not gonna be able to sleep now huh?” Xander questioned after a long moment.

“Not a chance.”

~~

“I’m so sorry.” Buffy lifted his chin up, looking him in his glistening depths. “You could have told me, you can tell me anything.”

“I know…” Spike sighed, long and deep. “I was just so use to pushin’ it away… wasn’t you luv… I didn’t want to deal.”

“I don’t want you to ever feel like you have to save me Spike. You feeling all responsible for everyone you know is something you’ll have to work on, but me actually needing the rescuing lately hasn’t helped.” She took his hand in her own. “I need you. I need you Spike. I want you to know that. But I can take care of myself, well I’m getting better at it anyway. And I know you’ll always be there to do what you can, but nothing that ever happens to me is your fault.”

“I know.” He answered quickly.

“Spike.” She waited for his tortured eyes to rise to her own once again. “You saved me.”

A tear escaped down his face. “No…”

“You saved me.” She repeated with equal conviction.

“No pet… you saved me.”

They held each other’s gaze for a long moment, unspoken truths passing between them.

“I-I better go.” Spike broke the silence, standing slowly.

“Wait.” Buffy whispered, almost too softly for him to hear. “Stay.”

Spike turned back toward her, searching her expression for doubt, he found none.

“Buffy I…”

“Hold me?”

He said nothing, just climbed back in beside her, drawing her firmly up against him.

“So…” She whispered into his chest after a minute. “What were you saying earlier about making this all up to me?”

He could feel her smile against him.

“Why don’t I show you luv?” He flipped them then, nuzzling her neck as he adjusted himself over her. “Practice a little… haven’t had to make up with you in a while.”

“Mr. Giles!” She squealed playfully.

“You know what they say pet… practice makes perfect.”

~~

“Everybody’s checking out, Riley and Gunn are loading the buss and Coach Rayne is gone.” Xander informed dutifully the next morning.

“What? What do you mean gone?” Angel’s voice took on a confused and desperate tone.

“I mean gone… checked out, left the premises, mint back on his pillow, gone.”

“You’re serious?”

“As a heart-attack.”

“I’ll be reporting that to the school board.” Angel grumbled as he finished packing his duffle.

“So we’re out?” Xander questioned, heading for the door.

“Yeah.” Angel looked over the room one last time before following his brother out. “Have you seen…?” His voice caught in his throat as he shut the door behind him, eyes focusing on Spike and his sister exiting her room. “Buffy?”

Both Buffy and Spike spun around, eyes growing wide as they took in the dark expression on her brother’s face.

Angel stalked forward, coming to a halt in front of the couple.

“What is going on here Buffy?” He growled.

“We’re… checking out.” She smiled coyly as she finished.

Angel’s glare turned to Spike. “I help you out and this is the thanks I get! Did you stay the night in there?!” He pointed aggressively towards the room.

Spike’s mouth opened and closed a few times, the colour leaving his face.

“Before you totally wig you need to know that something happened last night…”

Angel’s eyes grew wide.

“No! Not like that. Something bad… and Spike helped me.”

“So what happened?” Angel inquired, folding his arms across his chest.

“I’ll tell you in the car. Oh and Spike’s riding with us.” She explained.

“Buffy!” Angel almost whined in protest.

“Trust me… I’ll explain everything once we’re on the road.”

Angel huffed, shoulders sagging in defeat.

Buffy began to follow Xander and Spike down the hall before stopping, turning back to her older brother.

“Almost forgot.” With that she leaned up, kissing him on the cheek. “Thank you.”

~~

“I’ll kill him!” Angel spat, griping the steering wheel tighter.

“Not that I would really be against it, but I’m not so big on you going to jail, it’s him I want behind bars.” Buffy cuddled close to Spike as she spoke.

“So we’re going straight to the station when we reach Sunnydale then?” Angel more demanded then asked.

“If that’s what will make you happy then yeah. We’ll go straight away.”

“No.”

Buff turned towards Spike mystified.

“But you were the one that said I had to go… you said you’d drag me if I remember correctly!”

“And you will. There’s just one thing that has to happen first.”

~



A/N: Hope everyone is liking the ways it's all wrapping up... three more chapters left including the epilogue! Please let me know your thoughts! Reviews are love!
End Notes:
most amazing fantastic banner made by the dearest midnite_holic!
Substitution by bloody_bint
Chapter 29: Substitution

Ethan froze when he heard the knock at the door, hands dropping the clothes he had been packing. He crept towards the door, holding his breath as he leaned forward to peer out the peephole. He released a sigh of relief when there were no blue uniforms or nightsticks on the other side.

“Mr Giles.” He greeted his work colleague as he swung the timbre on its hinges. “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

“May I come in?” Giles voice was pleasant.

“But of course.” Rayne moved aside to allow the other Brit entrance. “Come right in.”

Rupert plucked the glasses from his face tossing them lightly onto the small table near the entry. A smile was in place as he swung around, fist connecting with Ethan’s jaw in a deafening blow.

“That was for touching my son.” Ripper scolded. “This…” He seized him, slamming his head into Rayne’s violently before tossing him to the ground. “…is for touching the girl.”

“Please.” Ethan coughed. “Stop.”

“Oh we’re just getting started.” He scoffed. “We still have every abuse of power, every perverse stare, every sick intention you had to atone for Rayne… but do cry out and beg anyway…” He approached the squirming figure slowly. “Then I can be sure I’m doing it right.” With that Ripper’s leg shot out, striking Ethan in the stomach, eliciting a howl of anguish.

“Yes… like that.”

~~

Buffy hurried through the cafeteria the next afternoon at school, eager for a chance to relax with her friends after such an intense weekend. Her time at the police station the previous night had been straining to say the least. But with Ethan Rayne behind bars awaiting trial, she could breath easy. She slowed as she approached a very cosy Xander and Willow.

“Hey guys.” Buffy chirped as she sat down across from them.

“Hey Buffy!” Willow smiled before her expression morphed into one of worry. “How are you doing, you doing okay?”

“I’m fine Will. I told you like a million times this morning, everything’s of the good.” Buffy popped a fry into her mouth as she spoke.

“Yes you did. But me with the not being stupid knows you can’t possibly be completely fine, not after everything you told me, hence the worry-face.” Willow pointed at herself and nodded.

“I know, and I appreciate the concern Will, but I think I’m actually doing pretty good.”

“Well I for one am just glad that sick-freak got what was coming to him.” Xander chimed in.

“Yeah did you see Mr Giles this morning?!” Willow whispered excitedly. “His hands were all bandaged up and he looked all growly. I didn’t take him for the violent type, but now… hummff different story.”

“I still can’t believe Spike did that.” Buffy shook her head in disbelief.

“I think it was great! Getting psycho dad to kick a little ass before the police came to take him down town. It was brilliant, inspired even.” Xander flung a fry around with each point.

“Fan of the violence much.” Buffy arched a brow at her brother.

“Hey. You’re my sister… someone wants to hurt my sis and I say faster pussy cat, kill, kill.”

“You’re disturbed.”

“No I’m a brother.”

~~

Spike sat, not making a sound, nervously wringing his hands together. He looked up at the clock, noticing the time he grew anxious, wanting to get to Buffy as soon as possible.

The door creaked open, causing Spike’s gaze to snap up.

“Come on in William.” The kind voice offered reassurance.

Spike entered the small office, taking in the degrees and photos lining the wall before taking a seat across from the brunette.

“I’m Winifred Burkle.” She thrust out her hand with a warm smile. “You can call me Fred, all the students do.” She shrugged. “So it says here you’re interested in some kind of counselling, is that right?”

Uh…” He cleared his throat. “Yeah.”

“I’m always here, my door is always open to students you should know that. But if you prefer something a little more in depth I can recommend some excellent private practices that deal in family trauma.” Her voice took on a sympathetic tone.

“That sounds fine.” He almost whispered.

“William? I know losing someone can be difficult, but the hard part is asking for help and you’ve done that. It will only get better from here.” She wrote vigorously as she spoke.

“I know.”

“This is all the information you’ll need okay.” She handed him the slip of paper.

“Thanks.” Spike rose to leave.

“William?” Fred stopped him. “Let me know how it goes.”

“Right.”

~~

“So where’s Spike?” Xander asked with a shrug.

“He’s…” Buffy paused, a smile forming. “Xander do you realise what you just did?!” She bounced.

“Huh?”

“You called him Spike!”

“Simple mistake…what I meant to say was where’s Bleach Head, or where’s the Bleached Wonder, or Bleachy McBleach, but not Spike.”

“Someone say m’ name?” Spike implored as he took a seat beside Buffy.

“I did NOT!” Xander whined.

Spike arched a brow, looking to Buffy for an explanation.

“Don’t look at me! I’m almost positive I was adopted.” She leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on Spike’s lips, only to be interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

Buffy spun around towards the noise, flushing with embarrassment when she saw Angel standing behind her.

“Hi squirt.” Angel greeted, only to shoot a quick glare at Spike.

“Angel what are you doing here?” Buffy questioned.

“I’ve got a meeting with the school board.”

Buffy’s eyes grew wide with worry.

“With Rayne gone looks like they need to appoint a new coach.” He beamed.

“OH my God Angel that’s GREAT!” Buffy squealed.

“Congratulations!” Willow piped in.

“Great, maybe now you can move out of the basement and get a real life.” Xander teased.

Angel glowered.

“Maybe not.” Xander shrunk away.

Angel smiled to himself before continuing. “The remainder of this season has been scrapped, but I’ll be starting fresh next year.” He offered an apologetic look to Spike, clearing his throat. “Even with the season ending short… I… I’ll write you a recommendation for anywhere you’d want to play.” Angel avoided eye contact as he spoke. “You’re a hell or a mid-fielder and I wouldn’t want this to… ruin any plans you had.” He fidgeted slightly, unused to complimenting.

Spike smiled brightly. “Thanks, means a lot.”

“HEY! What about me!” Xander complained.

“You’re my brother; I’m obligated to help you out.” Angel informed.

“Oh. Okay!” Xander smiled, contented.

“I’ll see you two at home.” He bent down, kissing the top of Buffy’s head. “Be good.” He pointed at Spike then at Xander, winking at Buffy and Willow before leaving.

“That’s too bad about this season.” Willow pouted.

“You’re telling me.” Gunn replied as he approached their table.

“So you heard?” Spike asked offering a quick smile and nod to his friend.

“Just, and let me be the first to say that it sucks somethin’ fierce.” Gunn slumped down in his chair.

“I’m really sor…” Buffy started to apologise.

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence pet.” Spike reprimanded. “None of this is your fault.”

“He’s right sista’ you’re definitely given a ‘get out of blame free’ pass on this one.” Gunn interjected.

“Yeah Buffy, no one blames you.” Willow leaned in, rubbing her friend’s hand.

“Thanks guys, but I can’t help feeling a little guilty here.” She sighed heavily.

“Well don’t Buff. Most of the team sucked any-hoo and those of us with some skill will work it out.” He smiled warmly.

“See, nothing that can’t be fixed.” Willow nodded.

“I guess.” Buffy conceded.

“Just look at it this way Goldilocks.” Spike leaned in, purring into her ear. “We can still spend time together… just now we’ll be alone.”

She shivered, his breath tickling her neck.

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.”

“So my place after school?”

Buffy leaned into him, lowering her voice to barely a whisper.

“Mmm-hmm… after all you’ve still got some making up to do.”

~



A/N: Just one more chapter and then the epilogue! Hope it's just enough Spuffy to close it up! Let me know what you think! Makes writing it all the better!
Winning Season by bloody_bint
Chapter 30: Winning Season

Buffy worried her bottom lip as the Desoto pulled away from Sunnydale High that afternoon. They drove silently, Buffy staring out her window anxiously, Spike paying overly explicit attention to the road.

Spike coughed, causing Buffy to jump slightly in her seat.

She attempted to break the tension. “It’s getting cold.” Her cheeks tinted at the seemingly absurd sound of her voice.

“What? Yeah… it’s a bit chilled innit.” Spike answered, eyes momentarily taking in the exposed expanse of her thigh.

‘Uhhhhn.’ He inwardly groaned.

The tension grew, now a palpable presence.

“So how was class?” Spike immediately cringed, cursing himself for sounding like such a ponce.

“Good, yeah, really good. Yours?” Buffy spared him a sideways glace, tongue darting out inadvertently.

‘Mhhhhn.’ She sighed deep inside.

“It was good. Thanks for askin’.” His eyes slammed shut. ‘Stupid, stupid.’

Again silence filled the car, the thick tension pulsing between them.

Spike pulled into the drive carefully, cutting the engine as the car came to a complete stop.

They didn’t move for a long moment, not making a sound.

“So you want to come in?” Spike asked wiping his palms on his jeans.

“Yeah, sounds great.” Buffy turned a deep red.

“Right then.” Spike exited the car in a hurry, rushing around to the passenger side to help her out.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Spike resisted the urge to smack himself in the head. ‘Actin’ like some nancy-boy, never seen a pretty chit before.’

Spike unlocked the front door opening it wide for Buffy before following her in himself.

Buffy paused in the foyer, turning around to look at Spike she waited for some direction.

He nodded towards the stairs; following after her once more they made their ascension. Staring at her from behind, his jeans tightened to an unbearable ache.

He tried to divert his thoughts. “You thirsty pet? Need anything?” He shoved his hands in his pockets as they continued to climb.

“No thank you, I’m fine.” Buffy answered over her shoulder as she approached his bedroom door, keeping up the polite rhetoric.

Spike leaned around her then; twisting the knob he released the door.

Buffy meandered into the space hands clasped at the small of her back.

Spike entered behind, closing them in.

They spun around, suddenly connected, grasping at each other. Buffy struck the door as they moved back, her arm rising to caress her head.

“Ah. Oh.” She giggled against his lips. “Bed, bed, bed.”

Spike lifted her, stumbling backwards until his legs hit the mattress, instantly buckling.

She was on top of him then, straddling his arousal as they shimmied up towards the headboard.

“You’re…” He moaned between kisses. “So bloody perfect. My perfect, perfect girl.”

“Mmmmm.” She moaned, taking his bottom lip between her teeth, gently nibbling.

Snaking an arm around her waist, he flipped them, positioning himself over her.

They began tugging feverishly at one another’s clothes, his shirt being tossed aside followed directly by hers.

Spike shed her of all her garments, only pausing after she lay naked beneath him.

“Perfect.” He murmured.

Buffy’s eager digits flew to his jeans, popping the button loose with a quick jerk.

“Ah.” His hand jolted out towards the side table, pulling the drawer open as he kissed and thrust into her. “Mmmmm.”

Spike’s hand finally closed around what it was searching for, causing him to sit back on his heels.

Buffy watched with lust filled eyes as he kicked of his remaining clothing, ripping the condom pack open with his teeth.

His hand roamed down to his throbbing shaft, curling around it, pulling the skin up then down in deliberate strokes.

He went to work with the rubber, placing it at the head of his engorged cock, using two fingers to roll it back.

“Shit.” Spike swore, the condom shooting back off with a snap.

Buffy giggled, casing Spike to glare daggers.

“Somethin’ funny Goldilocks?” He growled. “Cause that ain’t exactly helpin’ us out here.”

Buffy bit her lip, stilling her fit. “I think you had it backwards.”

Spike lifted the condom up for inspection, grimacing at it’s now mangled form. “Kinda hard to bloody tell.”

“Here.” Buffy retrieved another from the pack tearing it open with ease. “Let me.”

She took him in one hand, fingers wrapping around his swollen girth. With her other she adjusted the condom at the tip. She pinched the end over the head of his cock, eliciting a strangled groan from Spike, and then rolled it back over his extensive length.

The instant her hands left him, he had her flat on her back, mouth devouring hers.

“Need you now!” His voice was husky and low, his eyes searching for confirmation.

Buffy pulled him down into another fervent kiss, hips thrusting up in reaction to his request.

He guided himself to her opening, body trembling with anticipation and need.

She nodded faintly, eyes closing in ecstasy, back arching into him.

That was it; he rolled his hips forward, cock sinking in half way before he paused.

“Bloody hell.” He groaned out, his breath already laboured as her pussy constricted around him.

“Spike.”

With that he thrust in completely, growling deep as she swallowed him whole.

“Buffy, Buffy, Buffy.” He panted her name, sliding out in one long measured pull before dipping back into her exquisite vice.

“Mnaaaw.” Buffy moaned, spreading her legs wider to take him in deeper.

“Christ pet, so bloody tight. So bloody good.” He swallowed hard, clenching his jaw to keep the steady rhythm.

Buffy sensed his need. “Faster.” She gasped, meeting his last thrust, her own orgasm building within.

It was his undoing. His pace intensified, his cock slipping in and out of her wetness with a renewed fury.

“Fuck Buffy.” His eyes slammed shut as he pounded into her.

She pulled him close, biting down on his shoulder she swivelled her hips with each blow.

“God Spike I…” She began to shake, body convulsing in a heavenly crescendo. “Ohhhhh.”

“Fuck.” His lips attacked hers, swallowing her blissful cries as he rocketed into his own jarring orgasm.

They rocked together as delicious aftershocks wracked their bodies, purring words of contentment.

“Mmmmm.” Buffy licked her lips, smiling up at Spike’s breathless form collapsed on top of her.

“Mmmm-hmmm, that was…”

“Quick.” Buffy finished in a gasp.

Spike’s eyes snapped open as he pulled back gazing down at her in exhaustion and shock.

“Not what I imagined your reaction being luv!” He rumbled.

“What? No! God no!” She corrected. “I meant quick as in I…” She cleared her throat, blushing. “It was... good very quickly. Which is good… very good.”

“Oh. Good then.” He smiled a lazy, lopsided smile before rolling over.

He discarded the condom in a tissue before rolling back, lying face to face with Buffy, pulling her close.

She snuggled into him. “Mmmm, I love this.” She sighed.

“Love you.” He whispered, kissing the top of her head tenderly.

“Spike?” Buffy’s voice was hardly audible.

“Hmmm?”

“When do you start counselling?” She asked faintly.

He leaned back on his pillow, looking down at her. “Why do you ask pet?”

“I just… well I…” She took a deep breath. “I want to go with you.”

He smiled. “Sure kitten, I’d love for you to come along, it would mean a lot.”

“No.” She shook her head. “I meant go… as in see someone… myself.”

Spike’s brow furrowed. “God I didn’t even think…” He rubbed his eyes in frustration. “I’m so sorry Buffy, after everything that you’ve been through, I can’t imagine I’m…”

“It’s okay… I’m fine. I just thought it would be a good idea for us both to get help. I want to give myself to you… fully, and I don’t want anything getting in the way of that.”

He took her face in his hands placing a kiss on her forehead. “Alright pet… we’ll both go.”

“Maybe after we feel comfortable… after a while…” She assured. “We could have a couple sessions together… there are things…” She paused. “I just want you to understand everything, and I want to understand you and I think it would be good and…”

“Okay pet. It’s okay.” He soothed her, running his fingers through her hair. “Sounds like you got it all figured out. Don’t worry, we’ll do this together.”

“Thank you.”

“No need pet.”

“You know you’re good at this stuff.” Buffy added, burrowing into the warmth and comfort of his chest once again.

“What stuff is that luv?”

“I don’t know… helpful stuff. You’re all sweet and understanding, you’d be a good counsellor yourself I’ll bet. And with your grades the doors kinda wide open.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

Spike rolled away, swinging down under the bed momentarily he returned brandishing a thick stack of papers.

“What’s…?” Buffy began as Spike tossed the pile in front of her.

“Spike? These are applications to college.”

“I’m aware.”

“When did you get these?” She beamed, looking up at him briefly before returning her focus to the many universities.

“After you nearly belted me for not caring about our future I went to see the career counsellor, grabbed a heap.” He stated casually.

“Do you realise you grabbed two of each?”

“I said our future didn’t I?”

Buffy opened and closed her mouth several times before diving at him, instantly dotting little kisses all over his face.

“Love you love you love you!” She cooed, continuing her worship.

“Love you too.” He laughed.

She sighed contentedly as she pulled away, gazing down at him, a smile firmly in place.

“So luv, just one thing left.” He purred.

“What’s that?”

He reached over, dragging the stack of applications over to them.

“Pick one.”

~



A/N: So there you have it... last official chapter! Epilogue is next... hope you all enjoyed thus far! Stick around, one more chap! Please let me know your thoughts! Reviews are love!
Going Pro by bloody_bint
Epilogue: Going Pro


The next Fall…


“G’day Gov’na!” Buffy mocked her best Cockney accent as she came strutting out into where Spike was hard at work.

“As cute as you are pet, that sounds bloody awful.” He looked up at her from the boxes he was actually attempting to unpack. “AH!” He shrieked. “Where’d you get that?”

Buffy giggled, looking down at the brightly coloured British Flag t-shirt she was modeling. “This? At the airport… when you were in the loo…” She laughed to herself. “…sick from the fight.”

“First off, I wasn’t sick from the bleedin’ fight, the food was bad. And secondly take that off! You look like some god-awful tourist.”

“I am a tourist.”

“Not when you’re with me you’re not.” He stood, closing the space between them. “If we’re gonna live together kitten, there’s a few things you’re gonna ‘ave to learn.”

“Oh yeah? Like what?” She giggled, purposefully antagonising him.

“Like cheeky little girls who go ‘round dressin’ like parade floats are very very naughty, and ‘ave to be taught a lesson.” He growled seductively, hands roaming over the sides of her torso.

“Yeah? What lesson would that be?” Buffy emphasised each syllable, popping her lips as she spoke.

“Well for starters, this shirt…” Spike paused. “Is coming off!” He began to pull the fabric up, revealing her toned midriff.

She backed up a step and out of his reach. “Nah-uh, not coming off.” She resisted.

“Wanna bet.” With that he pounced.

Buffy squealed with delight as she took off through their new flat, the sound of her feet striking the wood resonating from the floorboards.

Spike gave chase. “Gonna get it now luv!” He bellowed.

“No!” She giggled breathlessly. “We… We… should be unpacking!” She cried between puffs of air.

He cornered her in their room, blocking the only exit. “We should be huh? That why you were helpin’ so much before?” He scoffed.

“Hey I helped!” Buffy pouted. “I made lemonade, and look…” She pointed to their bed. “I made the bed!” She crossed her arms combatively.

Spike glanced over at their new queen-sized bed, then back to Buffy, a wild smirk growing over his lips.

“Oh no you don’t!” Buffy shouted, holding out her arms.

Spike just bit his lip, waggling his brows suggestively, causing Buffy to giggle.

“I said NO!” She continued to giggle as he prowled forward. “I just made it!”

With that Spike attacked, lunging towards her, gathering her into his arms before falling back onto the mattress.

Upon landing Spike brushed the disheveled strands of hair from Buffy’s face, smoothing them out with delicate care.

“Hi.” He purred, looking deep into her eyes.

“Hi.”

“Buffy I…” The ringing of a cell phone cut him off. “Bugger it.” He huffed, rolling away from her.

Buffy wiggled to the edge of the bed, reaching over the nightstand for her cell. “Hello?” A radiant smile blossomed.

“Willow!” She chirped, bouncing on her knees.

“So how’s life at NYU?” She moved towards Spike, pointing to the phone and mouthing ‘Willow’.

He rolled his eyes, nodding his head he mouthed ‘I know’. He settled onto his side, curving his elbow, leaning his head onto his hand he watched the woman he loved adoringly.

“Ohhhh it sounds like a blast! How’s Xand adjusting?” Buffy leaned forward naturally, beginning to run her fingers through Spike’s unruly curls.

He closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of her hand, the sound of her voice.

“London’s great! Well the airport was nice. No… we don’t have registration until tomorrow, some special thing for Oxford Internationals.” Her voice took on a mockingly pompous tone.

Spike opened an eye and raised a brow, shaking his head lightly.

“I think it’s a ball… or maybe a buffet? I don’t know… something fancy and British, I’m sure.” She shrugged.

“Of course. Tell Xand we love him! Love you too Will. Bye!” Buffy ended the call, sighing as she placed the phone back onto the stand.

“What’s up luv?” Spike rose to a sitting position, leaning forwards his fingers dancing over her arms.

“I just can’t believe we’re really here.” Buffy slid down onto her back, stretching out lazily. “No family, no friends… just you and me.” Her mouth crooked to one side.

“Just me and you.” He repeated, lowering himself over her, feathering kisses along her jaw.

“Mmmm-hmmm.” She arched into him, tossing her head to the side, urging him on.

“Now ‘bout that lesson naughty…” Another succession of rings broke their revelry.

“Un-bloody-believable!” Spike cursed.

“That’s yours.” Buffy pushed him up, giggling when he tried to swoop back down. “Go! It could be important.”

“Not bloody likely!” He tried to protest, only to slump in defeat when she pointed towards the door. “Probably just my bleedin’ da’.” He grumbled leaving the room to retrieve the maddening object.

“’ello?” He sauntered back in, letting his body fall back onto the bed with a huff.

“Da’! What a surprise.” He raised his brows, nodding his head knowingly at Buffy.

“Yes we have all the numbers written down. We won’t forget to visit.” His hand went up to rub his eyes.

Buffy settled in beside him.

“Yes we’re ready for registration. No da’ I’m not lying!” He grumbled, hand falling from his face.

“Yeah, almost finished. Right, by almost finished I mean barely started. But we will!”

Buffy giggled, her lips gracing his abdomen with a light kiss.

He groaned into the phone, eyes growing wide after. “What? No da’… I’m just… not feeling too well.” He lied, pointing a finger at Buffy, mouthing ‘STOP’.

She smiled devilishly before returning her attention to his bare chest.

“No it wasn’t the flight!” He growled. “Yeeeees da’. I will.” He tried slapping Buffy away as her tongue darted out, circling his belly button.

“No I’m fine da’! For fuck sake!” He seized Buffy’s tiny hand before it dove under his belt. “Sorry da’.”

Buffy could hear Giles’ voice rise on the other end of the phone.

“Sorry! I Know! No, I’m tellin’ you I’m fine ol’ man! Right…” His mouth curled into a wide smirk. “She’s right here.” He held the phone out and mouthed ‘your turn’.

Buffy eyes swelled to the size of saucers before she took the phone. “Hi Giles!” She chirped, scooting away from an advancing Spike.

“No I think it was something he ate. I will.”

Spike grabbed her shoulders pinning her back onto the mattress.

“Eeep!” She let out a tiny squeak. “Sorry, just… uh… there was a bug!” She swatted at Spike.

“That’s great. I’m looking forward to Christmas tooooo.”

Spike lapped at her neck, worshiping her tender flesh.

“I yawned!” She quickly covered, faking a second one. “It was a looong flight.” Buffy accentuated the word as Spike ground his erection into her.

Buffy kicked up then, knocking him onto the floor with a resounding thud.

His head popped up, scowling.

She held up a finger, mouth forming the word ‘WAIT’.

“Uh-huh, we’re going to see the university counsellors next Monday. Yes we know nine months doesn’t work miracles. No I don’t think asking for help makes me weak. We will. Love you too. Bye.” She tossed the phone down.

“You are so bad! That was your DAD!” Buffy whined, smacking his defined muscles.

“And what? He wasn’t my da’ when I was talkin’ to him?”

Buffy blushed. “I wasn’t nearly as bad as…”

“You were ‘bout to cop a bloody feel! I think that constitutes as fairly bad!”

“You started it.” She pouted.

Spike threw his hands in the air. “It’s like talkin’ to a soddin’ pre-schooler!” He barked, storming out.

Buffy’s face fell. “Spike!” She called, hurrying after him.

As soon as she turned the corner into the living room she yelped, strong arms coming out of nowhere, scooping her up from behind.

He lifted her off the ground as she squirmed, pressing his wet mouth to her ear he whispered.

“Thought I was mad didn’t you?” His hot breath sent shivers down her spin.

He walked her over to the couch, lying her down with ease, immediately engulfing her body with his own.

“Silly…”

“Spike?” Buffy interrupted him, brow creasing.

He cocked his head to the side. “Luv?”

“You don’t regret giving up soccer do you?”

Spike sighed heavily. “Been over this pet. Told you before, I could ‘f gone semi-pro with Gunn, but I wanted to get a degree… with you.”

“I just want to make sure you’re happy, I mean, you’re all I’ve got over here and if…”

“Shhhhhh.” His finger ghosted over her lips, stilling her words. “I chose this…this school… this flat… this life. Our life.” He sucked in a breath. “I chose you.”

Buffy held his intense gaze for a moment, basking in the love that shown there. She then pulled him down hard into a bruising kiss.

He groaned deepening it, tasting savouring her.

They held each other, kissing firm and deep until they had no choice but to breath. Mouths red and swollen they tore apart, panting together.

“I love you William.” Buffy whispered, straining for air.

“I love you Buffy. Love you so much.” He kissed her again. “You’re m’ girl.” He caressed her face between his thumbs. “Mine, mine forever.”

“Yes.” She sighed. “Yours forever.”

~

*FINALE*




A/N: So there you have it! I hope everyone enjoyed my first fic! Please leave a review letting me know what you thought, even if you've never reviewed before, it would really mean a lot. If you like my writing check out my wip Tears in Heaven and watch out for my new fic Puppy Love (coming soon)! A very special thank you to PhotographyNut, Cordykitten, Pet, Lori and Midnite_Holic for always reviewing and encouraging me! And to everyone else who reviewed thank you too! *hugs*
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16462