Broken sunshine by Chantel
Summary: This story takes place after "Becoming part 2". Every person Buffy Summers thought she could trust let her down. Her lover is dead, her mother threw her out of her house and her friends don't trust her anymore... Buffy's alone.... Or is she?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 14133 Read: 11460 Published: 01/05/2006 Updated: 09/14/2006

1. 1 by Chantel

2. 2 by Chantel

3. 3 by Chantel

4. 4 by Chantel

5. 5 by Chantel

6. 6 by Chantel

7. 7 by Chantel

8. 8 by Chantel

9. 9 by Chantel

1 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello guys, if you have time please leave a review ;)
Buffy stood in front of Acathla with a broken heart and eyes full of tears. She dropped her bloody sword to the dirty ground, finding it's weight suddenly to much to handle. The Slayer slowly closed her hazel eyes, trying to forget what only couple of minutes ago had happened.


*It's the end ....I-I killed .. Him ...I sent my Angel to hell ...O GOD ...o god...*


Her sobs were now so strong that her trembling body collapsed to the ground. Suddenly Buffy realized something: Spike and Drusilla had disappeared.


*Well, why do I even care? It's not like...they needed to kill ..gah! STOP! Just, just don't think about killing, sending to hell, slaying, swords, blood...*


Buffy glanced once more at the sword, walls, floor with the little pool of blood and left this place.


Buffy was walking through the dark Sunnydale streets wondering what she should do. She stopped in front of 1630 Rovello Drive wanting nothing more than hot bath and ...


*...and for mum to hug me and kiss me and tell me that everything's gonna be ok.*


Before Buffy had chance to enter the house she remembered the angry words her mother had said a couple of hours ago.


"You walk out of this house, don't even *think* about coming back, young lady."


Again Buffy's eyes filled with tears. When she could clearly see again Buffy noticed that all the lights in house were off.


"She didn't wait for me. Right now when I need help...my mother doesn't want me..."


Buffy looked into the sky, wondering what horrible thing she had done to earn such an awful life. With small nod to herself the small girl turned around and walked into the darkness.


The Slayer arrived at her Watcher's house with a grimace of pain and fear on her pretty face. Her walking was becoming difficult because of her wound and she was feeling more tired with every step.


*Should I be here? Do I have any right to ask him for help?*


Her hand was lightly trembling when she knocked at Giles' apartment.


There was no answer.


Another knock.


Still no answer.


"But?... He has.. Maybe he's "at the hospital? ...Or in Xander's house? ... or at the library."


But a small voice in the back of her head told her another possibility:


*Maybe he doesn't want you here?*


Buffy closed her tired eyes and sat slowly on the grass, thinking what to do.


*Why am I so surprised that he's not here? Do I have any right to ask him for help? After what happened? God, since I've came to Sunnydale I caused ... them ...all my friends and family...only pain...pain and tears... so much pain.*


Finishing her monologue Buffy stood up. She knew what decision she should make.


*I'll leave them alone. They'll be better off without me and I'm gonna be better off without them. I mean, they don't trust me anymore and probably even don't –like- me right now. Well, it's quite normal after my boyfriend had killed half of population of Sunnydale.*


She walked back to the house to collect some private things before disappearing from Hellmouth. Buffy climbed through the window to her room one last time, careful not to wake her mother. She for sure would break down if there was going to be another painful confrontation.


Buffy pulled an old green bag from her closet and started packing things she wanted to take with her.


She picked some clothes, one warm blanket... After a few seconds of thinking she added another blanket to her bag.


*I mean who knows where I'm gonna sleep tonight? Or every other night of my life?*


Buffy sighed silently and packed the rest of her stuff: all the money she had in her blue piggy bank and of course her best friend ever, Mr Gordo.


"Well, I'm done."


The Slayer in her wanted to take some stakes from her desk but the little girl in her was still too frightened by what she had done earlier to even consider taking one.



She wants to go home, and nobody's home
Where she lies, broken inside
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes
Broken inside



She took some paper and wrote a note telling her mother that she was leaving and not planning on coming back.



Open your eyes and look outside
Find no reasons why
You've been rejected
And now you can't find what you left behind
Be strong, be strong now
Too many, too many problems
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs

She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes
Broken inside



Buffy looked around her room silently saying "goodbye" She started having flashes in her mind of what had happened in the previous months of her life.


Her first meeting with Giles.


Her first bronzing with Willow and Xander.


Her first kiss with Angel.


The Master and her death.


Her meeting with Spike .


....and her first meeting with Angelus


One single tear fell down her cheek before she climbed out of the window and disappeared in the night.



“Her feelings she hides
Her dreams she can't find
She's losing her mind
She's fallen behind
She can't find her place
She's losing her faith
She's fallen from grace
She's all over the place

She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes
Broken inside”



AT THE SAME TIME


Spike was nervously driving the DeSoto, wanting to be as far away from Sunnydale as possible. After an hour he slightly relaxed.


*Well, after all my bird defeated the Poofter. Heh , good for her, right? Wait a minute. MY bird??!! God, I must be really tired to called the Slayer my bird.*


The vampire hugged Dru tight to himself trying to forget one petite Slayer....


He wasn't looking forward to the time when Dru would wakeup, knowing that she would be furious because her Daddy was gone.


Spike turned down the radio still wondering what had happened when he and Drusilla left the battle.


A couple of minutes later he felt Dru starting to wake up....


"And here we go..."


But when his dark princess opened her shinning brown eyes she was very calm and still. She didn't move from where she was tucked under his arm.


*Well, I definitely wasn't expecting this.*


"William?"


"Yes , pet?"


"Where is Miss Edith?"


"Uhm...I think that she's in the back seat"


Dru looked around for her favorite doll. She found it and hugged the doll to her chest.


"William?"


"Yes, luv?"


"Miss Edith says that you need to go back. That you don't belong to me ...My sweet Spike....."


"What the bleeding hell are you taking aout?! Dru? We can't go back Besides luv, You know that I'm yours. I love you princess"


"Oh William, you don't have a choice..... You were very bad pet hurting my Angel .... but Mummy forgive you.... The stars are saying that you must go ..... and that soon we'll be happy. My daddy'll be back from that colorful party ... we'll be a happy family again...."


"Dru why do you keep telling that we have to go back to Sunnydale?"


"Because sunshine is broken...."
2 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello all! Thanks for you guys, who reviewed first chapter. Your opinions and comments really made me smile. Thanks:)
William the Bloody stopped the car in near a quiet gas station. It had been day full of emotions and right now. He was quite hungry and the vampire wanted a "midnight snack". Spike looked at sleeping Dru and slowly, not wanting to wake her got out from the car.


"How can I help you?"


Spike turned around. He noticed some guy standing near the small shop.


"Do you need help with refueling?"


"Well..." Spike started slowly walking towards him, "If you're offering..."


Fifteen minutes later, the vampire was wiping blood from the corner of his
mouth.


*God, I needed that after a whole 20 minutes of Dru's rambling about sunshines, stars, dolls followed by another 15 minutes of singing some stupid song about Santa Claus.*


He loved her, he really did, but sometimes, sometimes he needed just a little break.


Spike left the shadows behind the store, leaving the dead body behind, and headed
towards the DeSoto. He entered the car and started the engine and then turned to Drusilla.


*Bloody hell!!!*


Her seat was empty.


* What's going on?! I should have felt that my sire wasn't in the car. Why didn't I feel anything?"*


Spike got out from his car looking around for any sight of Dru.


*Maybe she was hungry as well and wanted to hunt.* He looked inside the car.


* Well, Miss Edith isn't inside the car so Drusilla isn't hunting. She never takes her favorite doll with her when she's looking for a meal. She's always too afraid that her dolly might accidentally get hurt. So Dru's not hunting. Maybe she wants to play hide-and-seek. With this insane bird everything is possible.*


"Dru?! Where are you pet? Come on! We can play later! Now we need to go!"


Spike searched the parkinglot, game face on, for his unseen girlfriend.


"Drusilla STOP pissing me off and get in the bloody car!!!"


After another minute of looking and shouting Spike was getting nervous; he couldn't find her.


*What if she's not coming back? But where would she go?*


"Spike..."



The vampire turned around with big smile on his beautiful human face.


*She's back*


But his smile disappeared quickly as he saw Drusilla. She was standing in front of him, holding hands with a ... Chaos Demon?!?!


*Maybe I'm hallucinating?*


"Pet, care to ...explain this to me ... ?"


"I found mommy's new toy. Isn't he pretty?"


*Hmm.... Green skin: check. Horns: check. Blue teeth: check. Hump:– check. He sure as hell is not pretty*


"Dru, darling, we don't need him with us. Come on, he stays here and we're leaving" Spike said as he held out his hand to her.


"Tsk, tsk, tsk. My William doesn't understand. Princess told you earlier that your place is with your glowing sunshine. You weren't listening, you bad boy. You're not enough for me anymore. All I see when I look at you is sunshine."


"But..."


"No buts, my darling. I'm staying here with my new bear. He told me we will go to Prague later. Do you remember Prague? Such a lovely place.... With all that fire and flames .... You can leave now William ..."


Spike stood there, not sure what to think.


*Leave her? She can't be saying that. She can't be serious. Maybe it's just a way to get my attention. God, how can she? After all these years of love and devotion she just orders me to leave?! What is she thinking?*


Spike walked up to Dru and her new slimy friend ready to knock her out again.


*DAMN, if I defeated Angelus I can take on anything... I'm gonna fight for our love!"


But when Spike looked his beloved girl in the eyes he knew. She didn't love him anymore. Her eyes were empty. Spike stood silent, not wanting to believe there was nothing. Drusilla didn't love him anymore. All her betrayals couldn't convince him that she felt pretty much nothing for him. He was sure that it was just a joke. But now, one look into her eyes and he just knew.


He looked at her once before getting into his car and leaving her behind.





1630 ROVELLO DRIVE


Joyce was sitting in her dark kitchen, drinking hot chocolate and thinking about all the strange things her daughter told her about few hours earlier: vampires, slayers, watchers, demons. She remembered as well the harsh words she had said to Buffy. Joyce looked at the clock. It was a few hours past midnight and Buffy still wasn't home. She was getting worried.


*She can't think that I was serious about her not coming back. I was just angry. She can't think that I don't want her here, right?*


Joyce was trying to calm herself but it wasn't working. She stood up and slowly went upstairs to her daughter's room. She opened the door, switched
the lights on and went inside.


The whole room was a mess. There were clothes lying on the bed, books on the floor, Buffy's blue piggy bank was broken in the corner. Looking around, she noticed a random piece of paper on the desk. She went closer and took it.


Joyce Summers sat on her daughter's bed. The note fell from her hands.


Buffy was gone.



LIBRARY

Cordelia, Xander, Oz and Willow were sitting on their chairs and Giles was standing next to one of the bookshelves. They all met at the library after a quick visit to the hospital to check Willow and Giles out.


"So what do you think happened?" Willow was the first to say out loud what all of them had been thinking.


"She probably killed him. I mean, we are still alive, so no apocalypse, right?" Cordelia said.


"B-But ... I ... The curse! I think it worked!" Willow, excited, was bouncing in her seat".


"Why, honey? How do you know it worked?" Oz asked.


"That's an excellent question. Thank you, Oz." Giles was curious to see if his young student could perform with success such a complicated ritual.


"Well, it did that glowy thing, and... I just kind of felt it." Willow couldn't explain.


"So if it worked, Buffy is probably somewhere making out with her newly souled vampire boyfriend." Xander couldn't hide the anger in his voice.


"But that's good, right? I mean that... Wasn't that the point? To give him back his soul?" Wilow looked at Xander, not understanding why he was so angry.


"Good? *Good?!* And what then, Willow? After he has his soul back, we're supposed to forgive him? To forget?! Angel killed God knows how many people,
he hurt all of us, he tortured Giles and he killed Mrs Calendar. Sorry if I'm not putting up a "Welcome home- banner!"" Xander shouted the last sentence.


"But it's not about Angel. It's about Buffy. We don't know where is she, maybe we should look for her?"" Willow argued defending her best friend.


"Buffy? Buffy is just glad that her boyfriend is back! Don't you see that all she cares about is Angel?""


"Yes Willow," Giles took off his glasses and started cleaning them, "As much as I love Buffy, I think we should stay away from her for a while. We need time to think about what happened. I'm sure she would
understand that."


"If you say so, Giles."" Wilow agreed but she had just that strange feeling that something wasn't right.



SUNNYDALE GRAVEYARD


Buffy was walking trough the graveyard, her bag hanging on her shoulder. The bag was pretty heavy and she was getting tired. Normally something like that wouldn't be a problem but right now because of her wound, it was quite effort to walk. Buffy was looking for an empty crypt to spend the night.


*God what an irony! The Chosen One sleeping in a crypt.*


The Slayer was so deep in thought that she didn't heard any noise behind her.


"Oh Slayer!"


Buffy turned around and noticed a lonely vamp
leaning on a nearby tree. She was surprised that she hadn't felt any tinglies telling her that a vampire had come close.


"What?" She asked, annoyed.


"This is your last hour." The vampire growled at her.


"Oh, please!" Buffy rolled her eyes. "Do you know how many times I've heard that already? And I'm not in the mood, so just back off and I'll let you live."


The Slayer turned around, wanting nothing more than a good rest. She wasn't prepared when the vampire ignored her speech and kicked her hard in the back. She fell to the muddy ground.


"Wonderful, just wonderful! I don't have money for new clothes and right now I don't have even own a washer, you moron!"


Buffy quickly stood up, preparing for the fight. As soon as she was standing again the vampire attacked. He punched her in her face, but then she kicked him hard in his knee. Three more kicks and he was swaying, obviously very tired.


"Ok, let's finish this."


But when Buffy reached to her pocket for her stake, she found nothing.


*Right, I didn't bring a stake*


She was so distracted by this thought that she was distracted, when the vampire attacked again. He
punched her in her stomach. The Slayer winced in pain.


*His hand probably landed in that wound from Angelous' sword.* Buffy thought, alarmed.


The demon, sensing her weakness, kicked her again in the same spot and she once more fell to the grass.


*Ok, note to herself: never, ever again go to the graveyard without a stake*


The Slayer couldn't see clearly from the pain, her eyes were wet with tears and she didn't have the strength to get up. Lying on the wet grass, Buffy wondered if that was it. Was it her end? Her last hour?


The vampire, seeing how bad the girl's condition was, leaned forward, impatient for slayer's blood. Buffy closed her eyes, mentally giving up and preparing for the pain.


But she never felt sharp fangs in her neck. Suddenly it was just dust flowing around her.


"Huh?"


And then she heard familiar voice.


"Hello cutie."
3 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys for wonderful reviews. Because of them I decided to update so quickly. So enjoy and then please let me know what do you think about this one, ok?:) Pretty please:P
"Spike? What are you doing here?"


"Well, hello to you too, Slayer. The vampire said with his infamous smirk. "And if you didn't notice, I've just saved your ass, so a–thank you - would be appreciated."


"Yeah, sure. But you're supposed to be gone. That was the most important part of the deal!" Buffy felt very confused. "Anyway, help my get up."


Spike, trying to hide his amusement, held out his hand to her. Buffy, without a moment of hesitation, took it and finally stood up.


"So, Slayer, care to tell me how the big fight ended after I left?"


Buffy sat on the nearest tombstone feeling dizzy. She was afraid that after being at the receiving end of a few kicks from the vampire her wound would reopen. And she wasn't sure how Spike would react when he would smell her blood. But surprisingly, deep, deep inside her heart she was quite sure that he wouldn't kill her…. Not right now, at least…


"Slayer?"


"Huh?" Buffy looked up from the spot on ground she had been staring at to meet the eyes of the vampire.


"You heard what I said?"


"Hum... well, I, –uhm…"


"Right. So, once again…, How did it end? By *IT*, if you still don't understand, I mean your fight with the bloody Poof."


"Oh. If you're as smart as you think you are, you would know that, don't you think? I'm still here, you're still here, the world is still here, …so what's the logical conclusion? I killed him." Buffy answered angrily, trying to focus on anything but her aching stomach.


This time Spike didn't hear what she said. He was focused on the Slayer's décolletage. From where he stood, he could see her black lace bra and smell her intoxicating vanilla scent. The vampire was rather surprised to find that in her scent there was no sign of fear.


He forgot that he asked her about fight, he forgot she was answering him: …all he could think about right now was how beautiful his Slayer looked in the light of the moon.


*Just look at her. All this strength, courage, beauty wrapped in one small package*



"So what were you saying, pet?"


"I said that I killed him". This time Buffy's voice was full of sadness.


When Spike heard her resigned voice, he noticed how bad she looked. The Slayer was obviously tired, her face was dirty, her eyes were red and swollen probably from crying and she had leaves in her hair.


*That wanker is finally where he deserves to be.*


Spike stopped himself from saying this aloud but even with all his self-control he couldn't hide the happiness in his voice n his next comment.


"Well, good for you, luv! I'm very pr..." Spike stopped suddenly.


*Oh God, I just wanted to say that I'm proud of her?! Bloody hell!!! A master vampire telling the Slayer that he's proud of her? This is priceless."


The Slayer didn't notice his slip. Buffy was surprised that she was sitting, in a graveyard having a chat with her mortal enemy. This night was full of surprises. But part of her understood her behavior: she needed someone she could talk to, even if this someone was Spike.


"You don't understand, Spike. I didn't kill Angelus, I killed Angel!"


"So? Same thing for me. Even if the name's in English or in Latin, it's still the same ol' Peaches".


"Angel as in Angelus with a soul". Buffy replied, surprised at how calm her voice was.


"What are you babbling about? It was Angelus, you stupid bint!"


Spike couldn't understand and he was also a little angry that after almost four months of Angelus' return, Buffy had still fallen for his tricks. *Fucking Peaches.*


"Yeah, he was Angelus when you left, but then, then he was just Angel, just my Angel."


Spike looked in her green orbs and knew she was telling the truth. The vampire tried to disregard the sharp pain in his heart at her words –"my Angel...”


"Oh? You mean?" Spike stood shocked: now he understood why she looked like that, why she looked like a broken little girl.


"How?" The vampire wanted to know.


"I don't know. Willow probably did that Gypsy spell, the one cursing him with a soul. She had tried it once…, but this time it worked, you know? He was back." The Slayer sighed and continued. "He was back, all with the trusting and loving, but it was too late, so I did what needed to be done. I …killed him."


Spike sat beside her on the tombstone and looked at her. Seeing fresh tears on her cheeks Spike slowly took her hand in his. When Buffy didn't pull back from him, Spike squeezed her hand lightly, giving his support.


They sat in the silence for a while, each one thinking about how one day changed their whole life. Buffy was surprised that holding hands with Spike would be so comfortable. For the first time since Angel's soul disappeared, she felt safe.


"Come on, pet. I'll walk you home. You need to rest." Spike stood up, knowing at the Slayer was tired and needed to sleep.


"Thank you, but no." Buffy replied politely.


"And you're gonna do what? Sit here mourning your sweetheart? That's not healthy". Spike knew his words were hurting her but this was the only way to force her to something:– make her mad.


"I already said *no*. And what exactly are you doing here? I don't want you here. And where is your girlfriend?"



"That's none of your business and don't try to change the subject!" Spike was bouncing on his feet. "Come on, pet. It's getting late. Think about your nice, warm bed, your mum making you hot chocolate, yo..."


"She threw me out, ok?!" Buffy shouted. "Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you happy now? Poor Buffy doesn't have a home." She was wailing shouting and throwing her arms in the air. "I'm alone!"


Spike stood, speechless. He didn't know what to say.


"So that's the reason you're here with your bag". The vampire had noticed the bag earlier but had thought that she had weapons or something like that. "But pet, I'm sure there are better places to...”


"Spike! I've got no one!!" Buffy again cut him off. "I'm alone. My Watcher doesn't trust me, my friends don't want to be near me anymore, and they are probably worried about their life. And I don't even have enough money for a cheap motel so don''t try to tell me that there is better place to be." Buffy didn't stop pacing nervously and now she was also sobbing.


Spike was confused. He felt pity for the slayer.


*Bloody hell! If that's what you get from fighting for the good ones, thank God I'm evil.*


Before Spike had chance to decide what to do with the crying girl, he smelled fresh slayer's blood.


*What the hell?!*


Buffy felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She realized that with all this walking around and crying, her wound had started to bleed again. Buffy tried steadying herself, but the pain was too much for her. She fainted.


Spike noticed her movement and with his vampire speed, he caught Buffy before she fell.


William the Bloody stood there, his arms filled with an unconscious, bleeding Slayer.


Spike looked at her pale face, wondering what to do. Even tired, with blood on her clothes and messed hair she looked like a golden princess to him. Spike smiled tenderly.





Someone told me
Love would all save us
But, how can that be
Look what love gave us
A world full of killing
And blood spilling
That world never came

And they say
That a hero could save us
I'm gonna stand here and wait
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

Now that the world isn't ending
It's love that I'm sending to you
It isn't the love of a hero
And that's why I fear it won't do




Spike looked again at the beautiful girl in his arms, took her abandoned bag from grass and they disappeared in the darkness.




That a hero could save us
I'm gonna stand here and wait
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles
Watch as we all fly away

And they're watching us
They're watching us
As we all fly away
4 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello all! Next chapter is up! Thanks for reviews from the chapter 3:) I had a very bad day, but they made it a lot better,so thanks again:)
Spike entered the old factory where he had left his DeSoto. This place reminded him of his dark princess. He returned to Sunnydale not because of Dru's words but because the town contained the last happy memories he had of their time together. He wanted to be in place where he could think about his wicked plump and simply get drunk.


Spike went out looking for some shop with liquor he could rob and what he found instead? Bloody Slayer.


When he had seen her fighting a minion, he had wanted nothing more than to get some popcorn, a comfy chair and a good view to observe them. But then she started loosing, and before Spike could think twice, he had dusted the vampire who was only seconds from sinking his fangs in the Slayer's neck.


While it was obvious that Buffy was confused, no one was more surprised with his actions than Spike himself. Before he knew it, he had started talking to her like some sodding friend and now, here he was, an unconscious Slayer in his arms, still without any alcohol.


Lack of liquor was pissing him off but whole situation had some advantages. Spike looked at small girl in his arms, and laid her gently on the back seat of his car.


*Why am I so gentle with her? It's the Slayer for God's sake! Gahhh! It's just probably because I used to hold Dru in my arms, all sick and hurt. And my mind thinks about that even if I have someone else in my arms? Yeah. It's all Dru's fault.*


He looked at Buffy, laying motionlessly in the back seat and frowned slightly when he smelled her powerful blood in the air. Spike left her tucked safely in the DeSoto and went to search in the Mansion's rooms for something to clean her cuts. He was slightly surprised when he found, in one of the smaller rooms, a first aid kit.


Spike went back to the Slayer and started checking her for injuries. He dressed the small cuts on her arms and one on her cheek.


*But they weren't bleeding, so there must be something else.*


Spike carefully lifted her t-shirt and immediately noticed an ugly-looking wound on her abdomen. His demon was drooling at this sight. He looked at Buffy's face, making sure that she was still out, before leaning slowly toward her stomach. His tongue touched lightly one drop of blood. After his first taste Spike started licking her with enthusiasm. Her rich, delicious blood filled his mouth. He was lost.


*Oh fuck... she's delicious. She tastes like ambrosia, pure ambrosia..... Ohhhhhhhhh...... Like heaven.*


Spike was moaning, trying at the same time to do something with the very painful hard-on in his pants.


*If she wakes up now, I sure as hell would be just dust on the wind, truce or no truce.*


But he wanted to wake the Slayer. Spike wanted to wake her, fuck her hard against the door of his old car and drink her till there was nothing left, but at the same time he was careful to stay in his human mask, not wanting to hurt her more than she already was.


Struggling with his self-control Spike pulled back from the wound. He noticed that that his action had closed the wound.


*Heh, heh, thanks to vampire's saliva.*


Spike turned around and took small bandage from the first aid kit. He knelt in front of the Slayer and slowly wrapped it around her midsection. After he finished his task, he sat besides her body and started thinking.


*Now what? Maybe I should find Dru, give her the Slayer as a present. Would she take me back? If she did, things could go back to the way they used to be.*


But Spike wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to go back to his Dark Princess. He knew Dru didn't love him. Sure, there were emotions between them that could be taken as love, but now he realized that her love towards him was not the same as his: she loved him as a Childe and he loved her as a Mate. Knowing it was hurting him so fucking much.


The demon wanted to go to Dru and beg for her forgiveness and for a lil' bit of attention, but his human side didn't want to be second best anymore. He didn't want to be humiliated anymore. The human in him didn't even want to consider giving this golden girl to his crazy ex.


*God, I'm tired of all this thinking. I'm changing into Peaches with all this brooding*


Spike stood up, lifted the Slayer and laid her in the front seat; the seat that only few hours ago was occupied by Drusilla.


Spike sat in the driver's seat and started the engine.


*We're leaving this sodding place.*


Two hours later Buffy was still unconscious and Spike was getting worried. With one hand on the steering wheel driving and the second on the Slayer's neck he checked her pulse. It was strong and steady. Why wasn't she waking up?


*It's not like I care about the stupid bint. And I'm not worried. I'm just bored. Yeah, I'm bored and I want to annoy her some more. That's the reason. I'm bored*


Happy to justify his actions to himself, Spike forgot about his hand on Buffy's neck. He moved hand from her neck to her hair and started stroking tenderly her blond hair, her soft then her warm cheeks. The vampire noticed how beautiful and soft her hair was. He remembered how it had bounced around her head when he first saw her, dancing in the Bronze.


*All glowing and shining she looked almost like a "beam of " sunshine*


And then it hit him.


*Huh? She's the sunshine?! But??I don't understand.? That what Drusilla was rambling was about?! About the Slayer? Great, just bloody great. So it's all the Slayer's fault!*


But when Spike looked at Buffy with angry sparks in his blue eyes, he remembered what had happened to her. How she was abandoned by her family and her friends. How devastated she was. How her body trembled when she was crying in front of her mortal enemy in the middle of the dark graveyard.


It reminded Spike of something. It reminded him of someone who he tried to forget his whole unlife.






*FLASH*

"Careful. The ink's still wet. Please, it's not finished." Spike was trying to take back his poem from one of the aristocrats.


"Don't be shy. 'My heart expands/'tis grown a bulge in it/inspired by your beauty, effulgent.'" The man who was holding his poem read it out loud and proceeded to laugh. "Effulgent?"


Everyone laughed, mocking William. Uncomfortable, Cecily glanced at him and walked off. Spike gave the young man a sour look, snatched back his poem, and followed her.


"Have you heard? They call him 'William the Bloody' because of his bloody awful poetry!" The whole crowd chuckled ironically.


"It suits him. I'd rather have a railroad spike through my head than listen to that awful stuff!"


#################################################################



Spike approached Cecily, who was sitting on a sofa, away from the main party, and looking out the window.


"Cecily?" Spike asked dark girl sitting alone on the couch.


She turned and sighed when she saw him.


"Oh. Leave me alone." Cecily replied, annoyed.


After a few minutes of silence she turned her head from the window and asked:


"I'm going to ask you a very personal question and I demand an honest answer. Do you understand?"


Spike nodded.


"Your poetry, it's... they're... not written about me, are they?"


"They're about how I feel." Spike replied looking nervous.


"Yes, but are they about me?" The young girl asked.


"Every syllable." Spike nodded proudly.


"Oh, God." Cecily was visibly disgusted.


"Oh, I know... it's sudden and... please, if they're no good, they're only words but... the feeling behind them... I love you, Cecily. I know I'm a bad poet but I'm a good man and all I ask is that... that you try to see me-"


"I do see you. That's the problem. You're nothing to me, William. You're beneath me." She turned her head from him, stood up and walked off, leaving boy devastated and alone.

########################################################################



Spike was sitting in his living room, talking with his turned mother.


"First, we'll feast. Then the night is yours. Theater, perhaps. Dancing? Tell me" He touched lightly her back "What's your pleasure?"


His mother turned her head to him with a sardonic smile.


"Pleasure? To take my leave of you, of course. The lark hath spake from twixt its wee beak? You honestly thought I could bear an eternity listening to that twaddle? I feel extraordinary. It's as though I've been given new eyes. I see everything. Understand everything."


"Mother..."Spike tried to touched her cheek but she turned her head away


"I hate to be cruel.? No, I don't. I used to hate to be cruel in life. Now, I find it rather freeing. Nothing less will pry your greedy little fingers off my apron strings, will it?"


"Stop. Please."


"Ever since the day you first slithered from me like a parasite." The woman stood up from the couch, "God, I prayed you'd find a woman to release me" She looked at him with cruelty in her eyes, "but you scarcely showed an interest. Who could compare to your doddering housebound mum? A captive audience for your witless prattle. You want to run, don't you? Scamper off and cry to your new little trollop. Do you think you'll be able to love her? Think you'll be able to touch her without feeling me?"


William also stood up, he's looking around, panicked and disgusted about whole situation.
"All you ever wanted was to be back inside." His mother smiled to him cruelty


"I only wanted to make you well." Spike shook his head.


"Get out. Get out!" His mother tried to swing her cane at Spike, they stated struggling. After fight and another painful words Spike staked his mother.



*END OF THE FLASH*



Back then, he had been as alone as she now was.



Angel had broken her heart, just like Cecily had broken his so long ago.



Her mother threw her out and hurt her just as much as his own mother had.



The Slayer reminded him about his own self, about William.
5 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello all! Firstly THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for reviews. I love them. Secondly I've got four big, scary examsso it's probably the last update in 2, 3 weeks. But if I'm gonna have a little fre time and you will want very much to know what happenens next, I'll update. So please read and then write what you think:)
Buffy felt a hand touching her cheek. It felt cold , but pleasant. Her first reaction was to think is was *Angel* but then the whole nightmare returned to her.


It couldn't be Angel.


She then realized that someone with an accented voice was talking softly.



*Hey! Wait a minute! A voice with an accent? God, I knew only two person with an accent and I've got bad feeling that this voice doesn't belong to Giles*


On the other hand Buffy wasn't so sure anymore who she wanted to see more when she opened her eyes.


*Hmm…... Am I actually wondering if I would prefer to see my mortal enemy, who tried to kill me hundreds of times, than my Watcher? How sick is that?*


Buffy fought with her heavy eyelids. She felt like they weighed pounds. After few minutes of stirring, the Slayer slowly opened her eyes.


Spike had felt her heart rate increase and had quickly removed his hand from her cheek. After a minute, hoping she didn't notice where his hand was Spike looked into her direction and met two slightly glazed hazel orbs.


"Hello pet. Welcome back in the world of the living."


"Uhm, hi? Where am I?" Buffy tried sit up but she stopped by a sharp pain in her abdomen.


"Easy there Slayer. You've got quite a bad wound. I bandaged and cleaned it, so by tomorrow it should be healed."


"Thanks, I guess". Buffy replied without thinking twice. When she lifted her shirt and bared her middle, it occurred to her that Spike had had to bare it too. That was a little disturbing.


"So where am I? And why am I here? And why are we here, together? And..." Buffy was rambling nervously, trying to forget the thought of his hands on her bare skin. This whole situation was seriously wigging her out.


"Ok, slow down, luv." Spike smiled, amused by her rambling "First,– you're in my car which you probably noticed by now. Second, you are here because I took you. Third, we're here together because I was bored and needed company."


Spike's cheery voice was angering Buffy.


*God, he's in a car with the Slayer, why is he so happy?!* Buffy didn't understand the unique vampire.


"Who exactly gave you permission to *take* me, huh, Spike? I swear to God, touch me once again and you're dust."" Buffy's earlier politeness was gone and she was back in her Slayer-bitch mode.


"You know what Slayer?" Spike's tone was calm but by his clenched jaw and by the rapid movement of his Adam's apple, Buffy could tell he was angry. "Sorry for not wanting to leave an unconscious, bleeding Slayer, in the fucking graveyard!"


The car fell in awkward silence.


"Maybe you should have." Buffy whispered so quietly that Spike only heard her because of his enhanced hearing.



"Brilliant. Not only do I have the Slayer in my car, but I have a depressed Slayer in my car." Spike commented.


"Oh, shut up Spike. You don't know what you are talking about."


Spike didn't reply her and concentrated on driving. He turned down the volume of the radio. Today, unusually, the music he listened to was annoying him.


Buffy looked at him and fiddled with the radio finding some Britney Spears song.



I think I did it again
I made you believe we're more than just friends
Oh baby
It might seem like a crush
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
'Cause to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Oh baby, baby



*Yeah. This'll do* Buffy thought * I''m in the mood for some sentimental light, silly songs.


Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart
Got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent



Spike looked at her with disbelief in his eyes and turned the radio down. Sure, he was unhappy; there was no other word to describe his mood. But his mood wasn’t THAT bad that he could listen Britney Spears *oopsies*.


Buffy waited a minute before turning up the volume again. Spike didn't react so she turned her face to the window and closed her eyes.



You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that heroes
They truly exist
I cry, watching the days
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Baby, oh



Just as she closed her eyes, Spike turned the radio off.


"Gah!!! Stop acting like a 5 year old child! For God's sake, you are over a hundred!" Buffy started yelling at vampire.


"Exactly. I'm very mature person so I'm not gonna listen that shit in my car Spike shouted to her.


"You're sooo immature a kid."


"A'm not."


"Are too."


"Bitch."


"Jerk."


"Slayer."


"Vampire."


Spike turned to her, ready to insult her more.


Buffy's eyes were shining with tears.


"Ohh! You're kidding, right? You're gonna cry because I don't want to listen Britney Spears?!" Spike couldn't believe his eyes. The bravest and the strongest Slayer he had ever met was crying because of a song!


Spike frowned lightly, sighed and replied.


"Ok, Slayer. Only this once time. If you tell anyone, I repeat, anyone, I'll kill you. Slowly and very painfully. Get that?"


"Yep!" Buffy said cheerfully and once again turned up the sound to listen to the song. Her mood was immediately better.


Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart
Got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent



She relaxed in her seat and closed her eyes when the song ended.


"Slayer?"


*God, will he ever stop talking?*


"What, Spike?"


"At the graveyard, when you were fighting with that vampire, when I found you. Were you trying to, ehm, you know?"


Spike was surprised that the thought of her having a death wish was bothering him so much.


"Get myself killed?" Buffy answered with shaking voice.


"Yeah."


She didn't answer immediately, so Spike thought that maybe she fallen asleep again.


"I don't know." Spike was shocked to actually hear her admitting a weakness to him. He knew that she probably was going though a very hard time right now, but her words, hearing her saying this... … Well, was a shocking experience.


"Pet, it's not worth it, he’s not worth it." Spike pitied her. He remembered when he also had had a death wish, many years ago. That wish caused him to die and in Dru's arms he discovered life again, as a vampire.


"Spike, please. I don't want to talk about it right now."


Buffy knew what her new company of a vampire meant by *HIM*. His words brought on a new wave of guilt. It was still too painful to even think about Angel. When Buffy tried to remember their happy memories, all she could see was the look of betrayal in his eyes when she had plunged the sword trough his body.


The Slayer shook herself, trying not to fall into pieces and trying to forget, even for a little while, about the painful events.


"Ok. Spike, it's my turn to ask questions."


"Slayer..." Spike said in warning tone.


"Where is Drusilla? I remember that you took her from factory. So?"


"So what?"


"Where is she?"


"None of your business." Spike almost growled.


"You know you want tell me."


"No, I don't."


"Yes, you do."


"Slayer, you're bloody impossible. I have no idea how Peaches could stand you for so long." Spike sighed tiredly. "Drusilla left me."


Buffy looked surprised. She hadn't expecting that.


"She did what?"


"My princess left me. We were on the road for 2 hours, when I stopped for... "Spike stopped himself right in time. After all, the girl was still the Slayer. "When we stopped for a little break. I left her in the car, alone. When I get back she wasn't there. I found her with her new toy, a– Chaos Demon! Can you believe that?! A Chaos Demon better than me? Pff! My love wasn't enough for her. Bloody hell! I made a truce with a Slayer for her! God, I'm a bloody fool."


Buffy sat still during his outburst.


"Uhmm…”


"What the fuck do you mean by 'uhmm...', Slayer?! I'm pouring my heart to you, you stupid bint! And all you can say is uhmm?!"


"Well, I knew from the beginning that she was a bitch!"


"She's not a bitch! Watch your mouth, pet!"


"God, I don't understand you." Buffy threw her arms in the air. "She used you, cheated on you, left you and you're still defending her. What's wrong with you Spike? What is in her that you want her so much?"


A few months back, Buffy wouldn't have admitted that demons were capable of love, however seeing how much Spike cared for his sire made her change her mind.


Spike didn't know how to answer that question. He had never analyzed why he loved Dru so much. It was just there. She was his entire world.


Buffy sighed tiredly, knowing that he probably wouldn't answer her.


"Ok. Let's drop the subject of our exes.


"Dru is not my ex!" Spike started protesting. Buffy only raised one blonde eyebrow.


"Maybe she is." Spike murmured, defeated.


Buffy giggled, amused.


"What now, pet?"


"I don't know if you noticed, but we just agreed on something."


"Uhm, yeah, that Dru is my ex"."


"Maybe it's a start of beautiful friendship?" Buffy asked seriously.


They looked at each other and simultaneously burst out in hysterical laughter.


"Yeah, Right." Spike chuckled.


Neither of them suspected how true her words would become."
6 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello everyone! I'm sooo sorry it took me so long to update but I had a really hard time in my life. First 3 big exams - luckily I passed them:) and then I had an ugly beake up and just wasn't in the mood to write. This chapter is short because I want to check first if you still want to read this story. So read and tell me what You think:)
"Spike, not that I mind the adventure but..."


"God, why did I know that there would be a "but"?" Spike complained as he cut her off.


"Like I was saying before you rudely interrupted me," Buffy continued "not that I mind having an adventure, but where are you planning to go?"


"Far, far away pet." Spike replied seriously.


"Oh, just so you know, I don't think you can make it far, far away in this wreck." Buffy said, "And don't call me pet."


"Oh, Slayer you've done it now!!" the vampire snarled, "Don't you dare to say these awful things about my car. It might hurt her feelings!"


Buffy looked at him, thinking her was joking, but his angry face betrayed the sincerity of his words. One thing was certain: the vampire beside her was... strange. This being said, everybody could have their own obsession, right? Giles has his books, her mom has art, Cobain had drugs and Spike has his car.


Fully understandable.


"Okay, okay don't be angry. Can you at least answer my question?"


"Well Slayer, since you're all alone and I'm alone too... Right? Uhm, I thought that we could stick together for a while. We could have fun." Spike wriggled nervously in his seat "But only because I easily get bored." He added quickly, feeling uncomfortable because Buffy was starring strangely at him.


"Let me think this over for a minute there Spike. Mortal enemies, cooped up in one car, fighting over the radio. Let's just say that you've got an interesting meaning to word fun."


"Are you insulting me?" Spike pouted.


Buffy blinked at that sight. *Vampires pout? Am I actually seeing a vampire pout adorably?" * Nope, probably only my imagination. Not that I would be imagining a pouting Spike, or Spike in any way... *


"No, I'm not." Buffy said aloud and before she could stop herself blurted out "Did you just pout?"


Spike looked offended. "Bloody hell, no!! I'm the Big Bad, Slayer, I don't pout!” His disgust with her suggestion was evident in his face.


"Yeah." Buffy replied somewhat dreamily, seeing again in her mind adorable pout. God, she had a weak spot for pouting buys. She was distracted from her daydreams by a thought that made her jump in her seat.


"Spike! Stop the car. We need to go back to Sunnydale!" she said hurriedly.


"No fucking way!" Spike shook his head. "Last time I heard that sentence let's just say it ended VERY BAD."


"I don't care! Turn the car back, right now!" Buffy said in low voice.


"No." Spike said calmly.


"Spike I left my bag at the graveyard!"


"So what? You said yourself; you didn't have money."
Spike looked at the mirror in front of him seeing her bag at the back seat. He just loved to tease her.


"Well I didn't, but that's not the point! Mr. Gordo was in that bag!"


"Come again?"


"My fluffy pig! I've got since like forever and I just¦" Buffy was at the edge of tears once again.


"The bag is on the back seat." Spike said. *What it is with women and their dolls?*


Buffy threw a quick glance at the back seat, making sure that the bag was really there.


"Thank God." She sighed.


"Aww, thank you, pet. I didn't know you liked me so much" Spike smirked.


The Slayer looked at him, clearly annoyed at him. "You're a jerk."


"A jerk? Few seconds ago I was a God!"


"Hardly." Buffy snarled. "Get over yourself." She fidgetted in her seat trying to find more comfortable position.


"Can you tell me already where are we going?"


"Home."


"So why did you grumble so much when I asked you to go back?! And when did we turn around?”


"You didn't ask. You requested. And who told you that we are going back to Sunnydale? We're heading in different direction. If we really wanted to, we could go 'round the world and go back to Sunnydale that way but why would I do that? I’m not that twisted" Spike chuckled.


"God, I hate you."


"Hate you too, luv." Spike said almost with tenderness in his voice.


"I understood after you so pleasantly explained to me that we're not going to Hellmouth. I'll ask you once again where are we going and if you'll answer me *home* I'm gonna hit you" Buffy said tapping her fingers on the door of the car. "Care to explain what *home* means in your dictionary?"


"It means my home."


"And where is that?"


Spike chuckled; she was so curious. "Wouldn't you want to know, Slayer?"


"Yes I would. Now tell me. Please." Buffy gave him a pleading look and looked at Spike from underneath her lashes.


Spike blinked. God, when she looked like that he couldn't refuse her anything. *NO! I can't let some stupid girl make me… I won't tell her!*


"Spike pleeeeeease! Please! Please! please!" Buffy started jumping slightly.


"Oh, Slayer, stop that whining! You're gonna give me a headache." Spike grimaced and then added quietly "Seatle.”


Buffy nodded dumbly and opened her mouth to say something when Spike's hand clamped on her mouth.


"Stop. Asking. Bloody. Questions," Spike growled every single word.


He took his hand away from her mouth and continued. "I've got some small house there. Nobody knows about it. You can go with me there. You're company after all. Quite amusing, I must say. Not that I like you! I don't! I still hate your guts. But since my princess decided to play house with a Chaos demon, that doesn't leave me with much choice. Does it?" Spike noticed that during his monologue Buffy hadn't said a word, which worried him.


"So we're gonna kill all the neighbours and then bathe in their blood." Still no answer. "Slayer I knew you weren't listening me!" He said, irritated, and turned his head to the girl.


Buffy was curled on her side, fast asleep.


"Hmm, she must be tired." Spike grimaced at the tenderness he was starting to feel toward the girl. He shouldn't feel that! Spike clasped his hands tighter on the driving wheel, trying to focus on the road.
7 by Chantel
Thanks to cordykitten, PhotographyNut, SarahandJamesFanatic, ~*~Tasha~*~ and Lynda. Thank you guys for yout time.





Spike grimaced, wincing in his seat. He had been driving for a couple of hours; he was getting tired and his butt was starting to hurt from sitting in one position for such a long time. They needed to stop soon.


*Maybe Blondie here can drive.* Spike thought and poked the sleeping girl on the arm.


"Wakey, wakey Slayer." he sing-songed.


She stirred lightly but didn't open her eyes.


Spike shook his head in disbelief that a Slayer could sleep so soundly beside someone who should be her mortal enemy.


*Well, this Slayer is, for sure, a strange one.*


“Wake up” Spike poked her again with more force then he had previously used.")


"Don't wanna." Buffy murmured sleepily.



"Wake up you, bloody bitch!" Spike shouted, losing his temper. If he wasn't sleeping, then she should not be allowed to do.


Buffy woke up, startled, and looked around her frantically. When she noticed that source of the noise was Spike she rolled her eyes.


"What do you want?" The girl almost growled, angry at being awakened.


"I wanted to wake you up."


"Gee, you didn't need to scream." Buffy replied, hitting him on his right arm. "What's the problem?"


"Ow, there is no need to hurt me. It's not my fault you wouldn't wake up. You know, I bet you wouldn't wake
up even if someone was killing you." Spike said, rubbing his arm where the Slayer had hit him.


"Oh, I so would!" Buffy couldn't stop herself from arguing.


Spike just shrugged, ignoring her.


"Why did you wake me up? Just because you're evil or was there some other reason?" Buffy asked. "Oh! Are we in Seattle already?"


"No, but I need a break. Do you know how to drive?" Spike asked, rubbing tiredly his face.

"A world of *no*."


"Thought so." Spike chuckled.


“Hey! Don't be rude. If you thought so, why bother asking?" Buffy replied, angry with him for making fun of her. It wasn't her fault that cars didn't like her. After all, she was very likable.


"And even if I know knew how to drive, I wouldn't drive this piece scrap."


Spike took few gulps of unneeded air to calm his nerves. *What an annoying bird.*


"I told you already, don't insult my girl here. Next time I'm going to kill you. Since we know that you can't drive we need to stop somewhere. I'm tired and want some sleep."


"Uhm, okay."


"Glad that your highness gave me her approval." The vampire snarled.


"You're welcome." Buffy replied with a big, fake smile. She noticed how angry he was with her comments. Maybe it wasn't the smartest move to make Spike angry especially that it was his car she was right now inside but it was so much fun. She just couldn't stop herself.


Spike just growled in response.


They drove for a few more miles before Spike spotted a motel before them on the left side of the road. The motel was small but the vampire decided it would do.


He turned the car and drove into the driveway. Spike stopped the engine and got out of the car. He started to walk towards Betty's Place, as the motel was called, when he realized that the Slayer wasn't following him."


"And exactly why are you still sitting in the car?" He asked her.


Buffy had an innocent look to her face however her eyes were sparkling with mirth.


"I just thought that you will open the car's door."


Spike threw his arms in the air, cursing under his voice. He opened the door for her and went to the motel


Buffy giggled softly at Spike's annoyance and followed him as he walked towards the motel.


*Yep, annoying Spike is definitely one of my new hobbies.*


They entered together, tussling each other at the door to see who would get in Buffy won with a well placed punch at the vampire's nose. Spike was right behind her, trying to stop nose from bleeding. In front of them was small reception desk with a young man sitting behind it. He greeted them with a smile.


"Hello, how can I help you?"


"We would like a room " Spike began.


"Actually, we want two rooms." Buffy added quickly.


Spike looked at the blushing girl


"Excuse us for a minute." He dragged Buffy by the arm until they were a few meters away.


"Slayer do you have any money?"


"Uhm, no" Buffy suddenly found the old green floor very interesting.


"I'm not gonna spend any of my hard earned money because you want your own room. I'm taking one and if you don't like it, you can sleep in the car." Spike finished.


"Hard earned money?" Buffy looked at him like he was crazy. "You've got to be kidding me."


"So have nice night on the back seat." Spike said and turned towards the desk.


"Okay,okay." Buffy murmured.


"So once more we want one room..." Spike started talking when Buffy cut him off again.

"...with two beds." She hoped he would agree to it because there was no way she would sleep in the same bed as him.


Spike looked at her, smirking. "Of course with two beds this day was bad enough for me."


The boy nodded and started checking something in a large book. After few minutes of reading, he frowned. "It seems that we have a little problem here. We have only one free room left."


"So where is the problem? We're taking it.” Spike said as he threw enough money to cover the cost for one night on the desk.


"But..." The guy tried to protest.


"Listen, you git," Spike caught the front of his shirt. He looked at the small name plate on this chest. "Bob, you see, the two of us. We're very, very tired. We've had hard day and we would like to rest a little even if it
has to be in your ugly motel. So be a good boy and give me these fucking keys!" With last words Spike flashed his game face at the poor man, which caused him to let out womanly squeak. Spike let go of the shirt and Bob immediately gave them keys with plastic number 29 attached to them.


Buffy muttered a quiet apology to the clerk for Spike's behavior before hurrying after Spike, who was already outside and heading towards their room. She caught up with him just as he was climbing the stairs to the second floor.


"Did you have to scare him? If someone that young could have a heat attack, the poor guy sure as hell would have." Buffy glared at her companion disapprovingly.


Spike just smiled at her. "What can I say? I'm evil. It's my *job* to scare the poor, innocent people."


"Yeah, really challenging."


"Oh, shut up Slayer." Spike knew she was probably right. Scaring someone like Bob was not difficult. It was not worth spending his energy. Well, it was almost not worth...


Their bickering had brought them in front of room 29. Without stopping his last comment, Spike opened up the door.


"You know, even if it's easy scaring someone..." His words trailed off as they both froze in the entrance of the room.




There was only one bed.





**********************************************************

So did you enjoy it?

Please let me know what you think and leave a review:)
8 by Chantel
SarahandJamesFanatic, ~*~Tasha~*~, jenny, akarinacj, Bernardette, PhotographyNut, StrawberryJam, cordykitten - thank you guys, you're THE BEST!




Buffy and Spike stood silently for a little while, not knowing what to do. They clearly remembered the receptionist saying that this was the only room available. So it left no possibility for them to ask for another room.


"So..." Spike started.


"Yeah, I know. Do you have an idea?" Buff asked, massaging her temples. This whole situation was giving her a headache.


"Well, we can always toss a coin." Spike suggested, not really knowing what else they should do. "The one who wins gets the bed."


"And the other person?" Buffy wanted to know.


"There is always the floor or the back seat of the DeSoto."


"No way!" The blonde girl protested.


"Why not? Do you have a better idea?" Spike snarled, sitting in a nearby chair.


"I don't wanna sleep on the floor!" Buffy whined, stomping her foot on the flowery rug like a small child.


"What gives you the idea that you're gonna lose?" Spike asked, stretching his slender legs.


"Because you're gonna cheat." Buffy stated as if this was a known fact.


Spike looked at her in disbelief "Pet," He said slowly, "I know I'm good, but I'm not that good. How can you cheat in a coin toss” Spike asked fighting a chuckle but staying serious.


"Well, I don't know." Buffy admitted and sat on the other chair. She was tired too.
"Anyway, there is always a 50% chance that you'll win without cheating and I'm soo not gonna sleep on this old, dirty carpet."


"So what I'm supposed to do? Be gentlemen and offer you the bed?" This time, Spike couldn't stop himself and chuckled.


"That would be nice." Buffy admitted hopefully.


"Pff, forget about it." Spike quickly ended her illusion. They both started looking around the room.


It wasn't that bad. In front of the door was big bed covered with gray and clean sheets. Near the bed was a little low table with a TV sitting on top of it. A wooden table with two matching chairs, on which Spike and Buffy were sitting, took up the left side of the room. On the table
stood a little vase with nice smelling daisies. On the right side of the room was rather big wardrobe, probably for clothes. Next to the green TV stand was a door, which Buffy guessed that lead to the bathroom. So it wasn't bad. There were of course some major minuses: an old and dirty rug, the lack of a comfy couch and of course the biggest one, only one bed. But hey, it could be worse, right?


Spike stood up and started exploring the room. Buffy just sat in her seat,watching the vampire.


The first thing Spike opened was the big wardrobe, however when he saw there was nothing of interest inside it, he closed it and moved to the TV stand.


"Whoa!" He exclaimed happily after investigating the contents.


"What did you find?" Buffy asked, curious.


"Pet, we have our own mini bar! I don't know if this belongs to the owners of the motel or if someone forgot to take it when they were leaving ...but, honestly? I don't care. God, how I need this." Spike exclaimed, pleased with his find. "We have 6 beers, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels -- that's the good stuff -- and uhm, let me see, 3 bottles of, hmm, I think it's tequila." Spike started counting, looking through the stuff in the TV stand. "There are also some snacks."


"Snacks?" Buffy suddenly remembered that she hadn't eaten anything in last 20 hours. At first she had been too stressed, then too hurt, but now her stomach was growling, demanding some food.


*God, let there be chocolate, let there be chocolate.* Was her mantra as she waited to know what was available.


Chocolate was literally a cure for everything.



If you broke your nail, eat chocolate.



If you failed a test or an exam in school, eat chocolate.



If you had fight with your parents, eat chocolate.



If you killed your boyfriend and sent him to hell, don't worry, chocolate will make it all better.


"Three Sinkers, a few packs of chips and two tablets of chocolate. Want something?" Spike asked and looked at her expectedly.


"Do we have to pay for it?" Buffy asked, wanting to be sure before she eat anything.


"No"


"You're lying, aren't you?" Buffy already knew that look on his face mean he was up to something.


"Yeah." Spike smirked, loving the fact that she was able to know when he lied."


"God, I'm gonna go straight to hell for this. Gimme the chocolate." Buffy murmured.


"Here ya go." Spike threw her her treat, took a beer for himself and sat on the bed.


They sat in awkward silence for a few minutes, Buffy eating her chocolate and Spike drinking his beer.


When Spike finished the bottle in his hand" he looked at the tiny girl sitting to his left.


"Slayer?"


"Hmm?"


"Wanna get pissed?"


"Oh, I am pissed at you all the time."


"Not that kind of pissed, you stupid bint. Pissed as in drunk."


"Well, I knew that."


"Yeah, right."


Buffy just stuck out her tongue at him.


"Real mature, Slayer, real mature." Spike just rolled his eyes but the sight of that tiny, pink tongue made him feel...


*Weird, yeah that's the word. Weird. Wonder what else she can do with that tongue. Wonder how that mouth of hers would sucking on my finger, nibbling on my chest, around my cock. Licking, biting, sucking. What am I thinking? Argh!"*


"So what do you say?" Spike asked quickly, wanting to stop his overactive imagination before it got the best of him.


"Buffy and alcohol are probably very unmixy things." Buffy said, licking the melted chocolate off of her fingers. “Besides I thought you wanted to sleep."


Spike gazed again at her mouth, growing hard by her actions".


Buffy looked at the vampire splayed on the bed. He was looking at her with glazed eyes.


"Spike?"


"Huh?" Spike asked, coming back from his day-dreams, where Buffy was sucking his dick instead of her fingers.

*Bloody hell!!! That's sick, wanting the Slayer like that. Yeah! That's it! I must be sick or something. Dangerous one, if it's making me horny watching the Slayer lick her fingers. Bloody hell! I'm going insane. I need a drink. Need a drink. Drink.*


"We're gonna stay here for a while, maybe 2 days. There will be time for sleeping. Right now I need a drink." Spike replied and stood up.


"Oh, I have better idea." The vampire stopped. "First I'm gonna take a shower *a cold one* and then we're gonna drink." He said and turned heading to the bathroom.


"Wait!" Buffy said, a little louder than necessary. " You're gonna leave me here alone?"


Spike looked at her "Huh? You're scared to be alone or you just got to love me so much during our little adventure that you can't stand to be without me?"


Buffy shook her head, but Spike noticed the strange look on her face and he could smell the fear that filled the room. "The Slayer is scared to be alone in a room? You've got to be kidding me!"


"I'm not scared, you stupid moron, go take that shower." Buffy turned her head away, not wanting him to see the look of worry in her eyes. After everything that had happened in the last day being alone or even thinking about being alone was making her shake with fear. But being with Spike? She felt safe. She would be lying if she said that it was perfect, but for now, it was enough.


"As you wish." Spike said and disappeared into the bathroom. A few moments later, Buffy heard the shower.


Buffy stood and walked to the mirror hanging beside the bed. She saw a young girl with tired eyes. She was dirty from her fight and should probably take a shower as well, but for the moment, she didn't have the energy for that.


*Maybe I should call my mom? Tell her that I'm okay…Her stream of thought was interrupted by the sound of the bathroom door opening. Buffy turned her head and she gulped.


In the doorway stood Spike. Well, an almost naked Spike.


He wore his black jeans but his chest was bare and he wasmtoweling his hair. He threw the wet towel in the bathroom and turned to look at the Slayer.


Buffy was almost drooling. He was gorgeous. There was no other word to describe him. He looked like a Micheal Angelo sculpture. There were little drops of water running down from his neck to his stomach and at this very moment, Buffy wanted nothing more than to lick the drops of his chest.


"What do you prefer, luv?" Spike's voice brought her back to reality. "Jack Daniels or tequila? We don't have any lemons or salt, so JDwould be probably better." Spike walked to the TV stand and took out a bottle of JD. "Ok?"


Buffy sighed heavily, closing her eyes for a brief moment. Maybe getting drunk that was what she needed.


"Yeah, that sounds good."


"Take two glasses from here and go wash them in the bathroom."


Buffy stood up and did what he told her to do. She entered the bathroom and laid the glasses on the sink and splashed her face with cold water, wanting to cool down a little. She washed the glasses, took two deep breaths and came back to the room.


When she was back from the bathroom, glasses in hand, she noticed that Spike, once again, was sitting comfortably on the bed with a bottle in his hand. Unfortunately he was back in his black T-shirt.


"Come here pet. We're gonna drink here."


Buffy just looked at him skeptically, not moving from her spot.


"Are you scared Slayer?" Spike asked. He knew she would never say no to a challenge.


"As if!" Buffy quickly sat on the bed, handing him the glasses. They both took their time making themselves comfortable, sitting as far away from each other as possible.

Spike took the glasses and filled half of one with liquor, which he gave to Buffy and then poured himself full glass. The looked at each other and without word drank.

"Bleah!" Buffy made a funny face at the burning sensation the alcohol was making as it went down her throat. ”This is disgusting! How can you drink this?"


Spike just glared at her as if she had said the most scandalous thing in the world. "This is Jack Daniels, pet, the best liquor in the world."


"I suppose it's not so bad, give me another." She felt suddenly very warm, so she took off her sweater, suddenly clad only in a thin T-shirt.


"You okay there?" Spike asked, pointing at her covered stomach.

"Yeah. It's still a little sore, but I'll heal." Buffy played with the edges of her shirt. "Uhm, in case I didn't tell you this earlier... Uhm, I kinda... I just want to...." Buffy stopped for a moment and then added quietly "Thank you."


Spike smiled at her and nodded his head giving her another glass of liquor.

Four shots later, the bottle was almost empty and Spike was already feeling much better. Saving the Slayer's life, taking her to his home and even the sudden lust he felt for her didn't see quite so bad after a few drinks.


Their positions on the bed progressed as they continued to drink. At first, they sat as far away as possible, with the bottle of liquor and the glasses between them. By the third shot, not sure they could sit up by themselves, they were sitting next to one another, leaning on the headboard, their bodies touching lightly."

"Spppppikkkkeee.."

"Wha?"

"I'm bored. Wanna phlay someting?" Buffy felt fantastic. She turned her head to look at the vampire sitting next to her. Why there were two Spikes instead of one?

"What game? We don't have here anything. Not that I'd mind. In good ol' times me and Dru loved to play games." Spike asked, curious.

"Am not talking about some stupid killiiing games with your skanky ho." Buffy whined "I want to play th-thruth or dare. And gimmie another glasss of my new bestest frriend Jack Dwahniells." Slayer giggled at her own joke.

Spike gave her what she wanted and looked at the girl sitting next to him. He was a little dizzy but still could think straight, not like the blonde girl.

Truth or Dare with drunk a Slayer?

This could be interesting.




***********************************************************
So didyou like it? If yu have a minute o two please review. Next chapter - buffy and Spike playing ruth or dare. Believe me, it WILL be interesting.
9 by Chantel
Author's Notes:
Hello guys! First of all sorry for the lack of updates but I was out of the country for a couple of months. I was living in Egypt and had problems with internet (read: I didn't have it:P) Now I'm back and I started writing again so like always enjoy and if you have a minute of free time please leave a review. ;]
"So who goes first?" Spike asked, rubbing his hands in excitement. After few minutes of thinking, playing this silly game with the girl was becoming quite appealing.


"Ladies always go first." Buffy slurred a little, but Spike noticed that she was already more sober than 10 minutes ago.


*Damn Slayer healing!* Spike cursed, *I should hurry up if I want to find out some juicy details.* He started to think about what he could ask the Chosen one, as he wanted to know her darkest, juciest secrets. After a while, he noticed her expectantly looking at him.


"Uhm, sorry what did you say?"


"Uhh! You're just like every other guy you don't listen!" Buffy growled, instantly mad. "How can you not listen to me? Aftthher all, I'm a very interested person." She crossed her arms on her chest.


"You mean interesting person?" Spike asked, amused.


"That's what I said, you meanie!" After she said her last word, Spike couldn't stop his laughter anymore. She was just so adorable when she was drunk.


*Calling William the Bloody a meanie, eh, that’s a good one*


He stopped when he noticed that she was getting angrier by the second. It would be stupid to piss off a drunken Slayer who probably still had hidden stakes on her person. And Spike wasn't stupid.


"Sorry pet, I'm a bad, rude men. I promise you I'm gonna listen now, so will you please repeat what you said?” Vampire asked politely, trying to calm the girl beside him.


"Ok," Buffy answered with bright smile, happy to have his undivided attention "I was saying that ladies always go first in general, for example through the door or uhm..." She searched in her mind for other examples, "or other things. And since they always go first, so then this time as in the game which we want to play ... and I'm a lady so I should go first!" She finished, smiling happily at her companion.


"You know what pet?" Spike just shook his head at her strange English. "When you're drunk you're even more confusing than normal." He said seriously.


"Am SO not drunk." Buffy was offended.


"Riight Slayer. You're just tired?"


Buffy nodded.


"Ok, if this is settled, let's get back to the game. So Slayer, shoot!" Spike smirked at the girl.


"You don't know the rules?" Buffy was shocked beyond words that someone could not know the rules of truth or dare. It was such a popular game. "Spike, you don't shoot in this game. But don't worry if you don't know how to play. I'm gonna teach you." Buffy nodded happily. "First I ask you if you want truth or dare. Then you choose if you want to answer a question or do something and then I give you a task to do or I ask you a question. And then.." Buffy paused for a moment, thinking what to say, "Well you just do it I suppose."


Spike growled in irritation. How could she think he didn't know how to play? He was over a hundred years older than that stupid wannabe of the Slayer. She was so...so...


"So ask the question already." He hissed between clenched teeth, trying to calm his nerves.


"Truth or Dare, Spikey? Buffy giggled, happy to have her way.


"Dare." Spike said and immediately regretted it, seeing the mischievous look in her green eyes.


"I dare ya to..." Buffy stopped dramatically “...to sing me a song!" She finished happily, clapping her hands like a small child.


"Wha? Are you bloody stupid?!"


"Am not stupid" Buffy looked at him, offended *Why is he mad again?* She wondered.


"So why the hell do you want me to sing some stupid song? It's just ...it's just....lame. Can't you think of something fun? Can't you dare me to, I don't know...kill somebody, for example?" Spike couldn't understand her lack of interesting ideas.


"It's no fun." Buffy pouted slightly, still a little mad that he didn't like her dare.


"Killing is no fun?" Spike looked at her like she said the most idiotic thing. "Pet, you're clearly mistaken. Probably your parents or that bookish Watcher made some mistakes couple of years ago..." When Spike continued his monologue about how killing was better then anything else, Buffy just looked at him, thinking he was just probably kidding. After all he was talking to the Slayer, no matter how drunk she was. She looked at his beautiful face and just sighed. He was dead serious.


"...just so you know." Spike stopped, sensing that Buffy wasn't listening to him. "Listen to me, luv." He waited for her to focus her eyes on him. When he knew he had her full attention he continued.


"Killing is the best thins in the world. It's even better than chocolate" He thought for a couple of seconds. "Well, maybe not better than chocolate, but just as good." He finished with satisfaction, shaking his blond curls which were now loosened from the lack of gel.


Buffy watched, fascinated his hair and decided that she liked it better than his normal, slicked back look She looked at him curiously and moved closer. She moved on her knees and hands and after some trouble with her balance, she kneeled between his parted legs.


Spike hissed when her slender legs brushed his, but took a calming breath and fortunately *or unfortunately?* could stop himself from grabbing her, throwing her on the bed and pounding into her. But God, it was the hardest thing in his unlife.


Buffy looked straight in his gorgeous eyes, searching for something.


Blue met green.


Spike just sat patiently and waited for her to make a move. After a while Buffy asked:


"Are you afraid?"


Spike's mouth flew open in surprise.


"Cause I think I like you," Buffy looked at his chest, blushing and trying to avoid his eyes. After a moment she added, "and I don't want you to be afraid with me."


At first Spike mind hung on one and only thought *She likes me...* He was so focused at this and so happy that this girl actually liked him that he almost missed her other words.


*WAIT A BLOODY MINUTE!! Slayer thinks I'm afraid to ... to sing some stupid song?!* Spike immediately forgot why he was happy only a few seconds ago and felt a rush of anger at Buffy and ...wave of embarrassment that the strongest Slayer he had ever met thought that he was a coward. And that was something his demon couldn't stand.


Without a second thought, he jumped off of bed, not noticing that he threw Buffy to the floor.


"You bitch! Who do you think you are? I'm the Big FUCKING Bad! The Slayer of Slayers!" Spike shouted, pacing before the bed and throwing his arms above his head in fury. "I've killed thousands of people, I've done things you can't even imagine... and you tell me that I'm a coward? Well, let me tell you something missy! I'M NOT A COWARD!" Spike turned towards the bed, wanting to threaten the girl with his fangs, if that would be necessary to convince her that he was a Master Vampire.


But the bed was empty.


"Uhm...pet? Spike asked, confused, looking around the motel room for the Slayer.


"Here." He heard a muffled sob from the floor on the other side of the bed.


He climbed on the bed, crawled on his knees to the other side of the bed and looked down.


"And why exactly are you lying on that floor?" He asked, his earlier anger gone.


"Because one stupid vampire threw me off the bed." She said and then burst into tears.


Spike looked at her, terrified. Her beautiful, usually sparkling with life eyes were now dazed and big tears were running down her pink cheeks.


Maybe it was something from his Victorian upbringing, but he hated to see girls crying. And seeing this particular girl sobbing her heart out tugged at his heart in a painful way.


Spike quickly gathered the crying girl in his arms. He sat at the edge of the bed with Buffy on his lap.

"Pet, please stop crying...shhh... Didn't want to hurt you, m'sorry... Please don't cry... I'm sorry." He murmured quietly in her ear, lightly running his hands down her back, trying to calm her down.


"I'm not hurt." Buffy said miserably.


Spike took her face in his hands, caressing her cheeks and spoke softly. "Why are you crying?"


"Because you don't like me." Buffy wailed.


"Huh?"


"I said I like you." Buffy choked a sob " and then you were soooo angry at me...and now I know you don't like me back." She hid her face in his chest.


Spike only sighed *Bloody women!*






***********************************************************
First thanks to:Spikesonlychilde, Deb, jenny, SarahandJamesFanatic, ~*~Tasha~*~, tina, cordykitten, PhotographyNut, StrawberryJam, Debbie, akarinacj who reviewed previous chapter. Hugs:*


I should update next chapter as soon as my beta gives it back to me.So it's first chapter after a couple of months. What do you think?


Naxt chapter - more drunken truth or dare:D
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16474