High School Drama by spufette
Summary: Spike and Buffy, well, where do I begin? Buffy is a typical high school princess. She's popular; on the cheerleading squad, etc. She dates Riley Finn, the football captain. Hmmm, but what secrets from her pre-teen years does our Buffy harbor? Do they include a certain bleached, blond bad boy? Of course they do. Warnings: Buffy and other, nothing graphic. Spike other to start, nothing graphic. All non-Spuffy (for our duo) will be referred to, nothing more.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 37950 Read: 10450 Published: 02/12/2006 Updated: 09/03/2006

1. Memories by spufette

2. Act I/Scene II: 'Moments' by spufette

3. Chapter 3: 'And They Say Chivalry Is Dead!' by spufette

4. Act II: 'Romantic Things; Like Hearts & Swings' by spufette

5. Act II; Scene II: 'Goodnight; Goodbye' by spufette

6. Act II; Scene III: 'His Heart Belongs To Buffy' by spufette

7. Act II; Scene IV: 'Courtly Love' by spufette

8. Act II: Scene V: 'Can't Seem To Help Myself Around You!' by spufette

9. Act III; Scene I; 'Sweet Love' by spufette

10. Act III; Scene II: 'Come To My Window' by spufette

11. Act III; Scene III: 'A Devised Dastardly Plot Begins' by spufette

12. Act III; Scene IV 'April Is The Cruelest Month' by spufette

13. Act III; Scene V: 'Now Is The Winter...' by spufette

14. Act IV; Scene I: 'Ahhh...Young Love!' by spufette

Memories by spufette
Author's Notes:
This is something new for me. A kind of present day high school drama/romance.
Please give it a read!
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Well, I’m not going to give a lot away in this prologue and first chapter. I will say this: This is a high school fiction and I hope its original enough.

Here’s a quick run down: Buffy is the ultimate high school princess. She’s beautiful; smart; popular with the most popular crowd and more then anything? She’s dating the all time high school jock Riley Finn.

However…..there’s a part of Buffy who longs for something more in her life. Something a little more sweet yet passionate from her past. Just ‘who’ is this guy from her past that haunts her dreams? Come on now, we all know who it is. Just how does he fit into Buffy’s present and future?

Spike is the ultimate ‘punk’ bad boy; or is he? A part of him hates what his dream girl, Buffy, has become; but a part of him wants her more then anything on earth.

Sigh…..high school drama; angst and passion. It is the things that classics are made from (Romeo and Juliet?) and for anyone cynical enough? I have the answer for you: Love makes the world go round.


Chapter 1: ‘Act I: Memories’


Buffy Summers stood, by herself as usual, watching her boyfriend, Riley Finn shoot another round of pool. The Bronze was filled to capacity, even for a Friday night.

Although the Bronze was the ultimate place for all of Sunnydale’s most popular crowd to hang in. It did attract the ‘others’ that Buffy’s socially hierarchy group; the preppies, jocks and cool nerds of acceptance might usually look down on.

People like, uhm, say William ‘Spike’ Giles and his beautiful but odd younger sister, Drusilla. Their equally pale, goth-like hangers on such as Oz, aka Daniel Osbourne; Oz’s sometime girl, Veruca; Veruca’s little brother, Mitch. Mitch had a little friend named Amy and she in turn had indoctrinated her older brother, Jesse into their rag-tag gang.

There were others, of course, in this gang of sorts that Spike held court over. Ones like Robin Wood; a kind of quasi-punker with the look of a rap star. Robin’s girlfriend Kendra had been Sunnydale High’s sophmore Homecoming princess and that counted for a lot, of course. Especially with the preppies, jocks and debs that ran the school with iron fists.

So, in the long and the short of things; even though Spike Giles and his growing band of gothic geeks were hedging on the outside of the really popular group? Just the fact that Kendra was a member of their little clan counted for points. Even if it was because she had fallen hopelessly in love with Robin Wood and he with her. Love, alone, counted for a lot of points on the high school metric scale, and the Kendra/Robin combination didn’t hurt the goth/geek squad’s social standing one bit.

It helped, of course, that the leader formerly known as William Giles, now Spike Giles, had once been the best friend of one Buffy Summers. In fact, it was a well known fact that one Spike (formerly William) Giles had been Buffy’s first crush; once long ago when the kiddies had been little more then twelve-years-old each.

Now, it was a ‘little’ known fact that it was William (at the time) Giles who had given Buffy Summers her first real kiss. Just as Buffy had given William his first real kiss.

It was that summer, back when the two starry-eyed pre-teens were but twelve-years-old. Somehow, the two snot-nosed brats had the mistaken notion that they were hopelessly in ‘crush’ with each other.

Ahhh, young love; how sweet and endearing and unbreakable. Fate, however, even in the most infantile stages of innocence has a way of rearing up and biting youngsters on their sweet little asses.


Buffy watched as Riley knocked the winning eight ball into the side pocket of the pool table. She had to stifle the yawn that begged to escape from her mouth.

For some reason, Buffy’s green eyes wandered over to the back door of the Bronze. A familiar bleached blond head stood out at the door, causing Buffy to smile despite herself.

Spike Giles grinned back at Buffy Summers, his ultimate dream girl. He fought back the urge to blush, profusely, at her sweet little smile she shot his way.

‘Fuck, but she’s gorgeous,’ Spike told himself for the millionth time in a year or so. ‘She could have been mine; should have been mine,’ he reminded himself.

‘Come outside, luv,’ Spike mouthed silently to Buffy as he set his pool stick down. He sauntered to the outside balcony of the Bronze, hoping that his Buffy would follow.

Imagine his delight when Buffy did just that. She followed him, discreetly, out onto the balcony.

“Thought you’d bail,” Spike mumbled indifferently (or so he tried to appear) as he lit up a cigarette and took a deep drag. He tried, hard, not to look too tenderly down at the little blond beside him.

“Me? Bail?” Buffy snorted, all lady-like and such. (She tried so hard to be all tough and uppity).

“How’ve you been?” Spike asked evenly; he stared out into the darkness before them.

“Okay,” Buffy replied quietly, although she wasn’t sure if she meant it.

“Just okay?” Spike asked with a raised brow, the scarred one. His mouth was twisted in his patent smirk, something he knew Buffy just hated with a passion.

Buffy was fully aware how William had gotten that scar, but she never mentioned her knowledge to anyone. She turned to face off with ‘Spike’ her chin stuck up in defiance.

“I’ll take okay, any day of week, Spike,” she spat with mock contempt. “What about you? How okay are you Spike?” Her tone mocked him and it fucking pissed him off.

“Well,” he grunted sarcastically. “I’m doing okay in school; have lots of friends. Parents who love me and oh yeah, I’m getting laid on a regular basis so….” Spike turned and glared down at Buffy, even though he tried not to look into those huge, soulful green eyes of hers.

Buffy reared back, somewhat upset at the phrase ‘getting laid regularly’ that William spat at her so harshly. The hackles on the back of her neck rose and she said the only thing she could in retort:

“That’s great. Nice to know we’re both getting laid; on a regular basis that is.”

With a snort of dismissal, Buffy turned to leave, but Spike grabbed her arm. He really tried to make it a gentle clasp, but well, this was Spike Giles and all.

“Buffy,” Spike whispered in a raspy tone as he turned her so her green eyes could meet his blue ones. “I’m sorry, I…..” His voice trailed off weakly.

“You used to be pretty decent, you know?” Buffy murmured half-heartedly. She wanted desperately to pull away from this memory from her past, but somehow, she just could not.

“You mock me,” Buffy continued sadly. “Every chance you get, you mock me and my friends.”

“Your friends, not you, ever,” Spike mumbled hoarsely. “Oh Buffy, I could never…..”

“Never what?” She hissed, pulling her arm away from his strong grasp. “Hurt me? Mock me?” Buffy spat suddenly angry for some reason.


“And you don’t bloody mock me?” Spike asked; his blond head tilted to one side. His ice blue eyes were full of a sense of fear and this confused Buffy.


“I….” Buffy began cautiously.

“You,” Spike grumbled, returning his icy blue stare out to the ocean before them. “You just don’t get it, do you?”

“Get what?” Buffy asked in her best harsh tone. “Get that you’re a loser who has so much to offer, but would rather smoke; act up in school; and dress like a fucking depressed moron who….”

“Knock the shit off, Princess,” Spike growled; he spun them both around and pushed Buffy up against the fence on the balcony.

Spike glared down into Buffy’s wide, fearful green eyes. Buffy was rather frightened; Spike’s blue eyes were filled with a passionate anger she had never witnessed before. In anyone.

“I’m not full of shit, Spikey,” Buffy hissed in her best mocking the guy voice. “You are. Tell me something, Will,” she purred sardonically. “Do you even remember when ‘we’ as in you and me were really friends? Do you?”

Buffy sunk back against the fence, but her facial features remained hard and her voice was the epitome of stubbornness.

“I do,” Spike whispered in defeat. “I remember everything. He couldn’t help but gaze into Buffy’s green eyes, wistfully, as he tucked her ever errant strand of golden hair behind her right ear.

“Tell me,” Buffy ordered, a little more tenderly then she meant to, really. She could not but help to gaze into William’s intense blue eyes.

“Tell me,” she repeated even more gently then before.

“We were both just bloody kids,” Spike began in a quiet voice; the look in his eyes was distant and dreamy.

“I’d been here, about a year or so and you were the only one in this bloody fucking town that accepted me. So far that is,” he added with a derisive laugh.

Buffy flinched, unnecessarily, because she knew what Spike, well, William was saying was true.

“I was pushin’ you, on a silly rope swing that your dad had put up on the avacado tree in your back yard. You were wearin’ that ugly little yellow sundress that your mum had sewed for you and…..”

“It wasn’t ugly!” Buffy cried defensively. “It was a beautiful dress and I loved it!”

“It was, beautiful I mean. I loved it too; at least on you,” Spike admitted sheepishly. “I just….” He hesitated momentarily.

“Go on,” Buffy ordered him with authority. She was becoming quite frustrated with this conversation, but for some reason, she wanted it to continue.


“You told me to push you, one last time and then to go in front of you and catch you. You were going to jump, you said; not matter what. I was afraid you’d get hurt; if I wasn’t there to catch you, so I did. I hurried, like the bloody ponce of a wanker I’ve always been, at least for you.”

“Then you kissed me,” Buffy murmured softly. There was a dampness in her green eyes that she had not felt for so long.

“You kissed me,” she repeated defiantly. “You kissed me with more passion and love then…..”

Spike interrupted Buffy; a move he would probably regret for a long, long time.

“I never kissed anyone, ever again, like that,” Spike whispered hoarsely. He leaned in, slowly. His lips were mere inches from Buffy’s when a hated voice broke in and ruined ‘their’ moment together.


“Buff,” Riley Finn bellowed from the back door of the Bronze. “Where the fuck are you?”



A/N: So, there it is. My first, real present high school fiction, well to begin with.

I hope you readers like it and will review.

Thanks, spufette.
Act I/Scene II: 'Moments' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I know, another chapter, so soon. I'm just having so much fun with this one!
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Riley breaks up Spike and Buffy’s ‘moment’ for now anyway. Through a conversation that Spike has with his inner self, we find out some of the reasons he hates Riley so much.

Buffy begins to question her social status and who her real friends are.


Act I/Scene II: ‘Moments’


{Why can’t we ‘know’ what we know as adults when we are young? High school would have been a hell of a lot simpler!}


“Buffy, what the hell are you doing out here? With him?” Riley bellowed as he strode over to where Spike and Buffy stood together.

The second Spike had heard that hated voice of Riley Finn’s, he’d reared back from Buffy in front of him. Spike had not had the chance to even begin the ‘kiss’ he had envisioned just seconds before. Much less finish it.

Spike leaned back against the balcony railing and lit up another cigarette. He narrowed his blue eyes into slits as he watched fuck face Finn stumble over to he and Buffy.

Buffy sighed in frustration (brought on by many factors) and rolled her green eyes.

‘This is so not going to go well,’ she informed herself in her mind.

With what he hoped was a nasty smirk, Spike looked up at Riley and asked, “well, how’s it hangin’ no neck?” His tone dripped with sarcasm, especially when he realized that the dense football star had missed the no neck remark completely.

“They’re ‘hangin’ just fine, Giles,” Riley growled back at the bleach blond menace. Riley hated this asshole, Spike Giles, with all the passion he could muster. For some reason, he had always hated Spike and his gang of loser goths.

It amazed Riley to no end that his girl, Buffy, even still spoke to this ‘nothing’at all. Never so much until now, to find his Buffy out on the balcony, alone with the hated blond punk.

“Why are you out here, Buff, and with him of all….” Riley didn’t get to finish his question.

Spike cut him off at the pass. “It’s still a bloody free country, right Finn? Buffy can go anywhere she likes, can’t she then?” His proper British accent could not hide the contempt in his tone. Spike hated Riley with all the passion he could muster. For many reasons that all had to do with the beautiful blond girl, Buffy Summers.

Riley glared at Spike; then at Buffy, his brown eyes were filled with jealous anger.

“Come back inside, baby,” Riley snapped the order like a drill sergeant. “You’re real friends are in there,” he pointed into the Bronze.

“Yeah, my real friends, right,” Buffy grumbled in reply, even though she stilled looked at Spike. For some reason, she was ‘looking’ at her old friend in a whole new light. It somewhat disturbed her, that was for sure.

“They’re such good friends of mine that they talk about me, behind my back, every chance they get. Those so called real friends of mine are probably gossiping about me right now; in fact they probably started the moment I came out here. I can just hear Cordelia snapping off, like a yapping Chihuahua; about how my ‘look’ is so last year and…..” Buffy didn’t finish the sentence.

She was too busy trying not to burst out into laughter; the smirk on Spike’s handsome mouth was just too priceless. Buffy couldn’t stop herself from at least giggling, merrily, which caused Spike to grin widely at her.

“They are our real friends, baby,” Riley whined, the hurt was evident in his usually deep voice. “I know that chicks can be bitchy sometimes but…”

“So can blokes,” Spike grumbled, finally letting his gaze break from Buffy’s luminous green eyes.

Spike shot Riley a ‘you know what the fuck I’m talking about’ mate; so don’t even say another bloody word about it.

“What does that mean?” Buffy asked, a little confused. “What does Spike mean, Riley?” She scrunched up her fair brows and searched her boyfriend’s dark eyes for an answer.

“I meant nothin’ Princess. Just talkin’ out my arse,” Spike answered for the bloody hulking git. He was relieved to see that Buffy ‘seemed’ to accept his reply. Spike would not hurt Buffy for the world; he’d cut off his left arm for her.

‘No point in hurting her; lettin’ her know just what her fucking so called boyfriend says about her. In the gym locker room that is.’ Spike assured his inner conscience that he was doing the right thing.

Even though he would have loved to ‘out’ Riley right in front of Buffy, especially with him there. Riley was always holding court, after PE, in the locker room and bragging about his and Buffy’s great sex life together.

It made Spike sick, literally, and on more then one occasion, he had told Riley to shut his fucking mouth. One time, Riley and Xander Harris; Finn's best mate, jumped Spike and beat the crap out of him; right there in the locker room. All the guys had stood around, egging them on; rooting for either Riley, Xander or even Spike.

Usually, though, Riley would just flip Spike off when he ordered the incredible hulk to shut the fuck up. After he’d flip him off, Riley would shut up, for a week or so, but then he’d start up again. Especially on Monday morning, after PE class. The locker room would echo with male laughter and hoots as Finn would regale male crowd with his and Buffy’s latest coupling.

Spike hated Riley Finn for many reasons; mainly because he had Buffy, but also because he disrespected his special girl. One day, in the not so distant future, Spike Giles was going to rip Riley Finn a new one; physically and verbally. One day really soon.

“Riley, I’ll be back in a moment, okay?” Buffy murmured to her boyfriend as she nodded in the general direction of the Bronze inside area.

“Oh, all right,” Riley grumbled under his breath; a note of reluctance in his voice. Before he stumbled back into the Bronze, Riley shot Spike a dangerous glare.

Buffy waited until Riley had disappeared from sight before she turned and faced Spike again. She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head to one side, slightly.

“No neck?” Buffy asked Spike in exasperation.

Spike gave Buffy a sheepish, but hopefully charming smile. “Well, he deserved it,” the blond young man muttered.

‘Fucking wanker spoiled our moment,’ Spike reasoned silently.

“Yeah, Riley can deserve some shit, occasionally,” Buffy giggled merrily. “He tries though, he really does Spike.”

She smiled tenderly at Spike, causing his heart to skip a beat.

‘He tries all right,’ Spike thought maliciously. ‘Finn tries awful bloody hard to be a fucking arse!’

Instead of voicing his true feelings? Spike opted to reach out and tenderly tuck that ever errant blond strand of Buffy’s soft hair back behind her ear.

“You just deserve better, okay Princess. At least I think so,” he whispered sincerely.

“Take care of yourself, Spike,” Buffy murmured softly as she turned to walk away.

“You just take care of yourself, sweetling,” Spike mumbled in reply.

Buffy stopped mid-step and turned to look at her old friend again. “You know,” she began hesitantly, “I really did hate that awful yellow dress.” Then she turned and left Spike alone on the balcony.

“Funny, I rather liked it,” Spike whispered to the empty air.


“What do you see in that freak, Spoke anyway?” Cordelia Chase asked Buffy; her perfectly glossed lips were twisted in a sour scowl.

Riley was driving Buffy, Cordelia and Angel and himself home in his Mustang.

“It’s Spike,” Buffy muttered wearily as she focused her eyes on the road in front of them. Actually, it’s William and he was my friend long before any of you even knew I existed,” she finished harshly.

‘Christ, can’t they just leave this alone?’ Buffy asked herself for the hundredth time that night. ‘And why the hell does big old Riley drive such a small car?’ She wondered again, for the millionth time in a year. ‘He looks ridiculous in it!’

“Drop me off at Cordy’s,” Angel ordered suddenly from the back seat; mercifully changing the subject.

Buffy would have to remember to thank her good buddy later for that save.

“My folks are out of town this weekend,” Cordy stated the obvious. “Angel’s staying over,” she chuckled wickedly.

“Sure as fuck am,” Angel growled lustily, taking his rich, lovely girlfriend in his arms.

“Why don’t you call your parents from my place, Buff,” Cordy offered matter of factly. “Riley and you can use a guest room and…..”

“I’m still in trouble for that last car incident,” Buffy snapped back quickly. She had no intention of staying the night at Cordy’s house; especially with Riley there.

Riley pouted, openly, at his girlfriend’s reply. Lately, the football star had noticed that Buffy was becoming less and less interested in spending quality ‘fucking’ time with him. It was beginning to truly piss him off.

After Riley dropped off Angel and Cordelia, he drove off quickly. Instead of heading to Buffy’s house, he drove up to Inspiration Point and parked the car.

“Come here,” he purred silkily to Buffy, whom was trying hard not to show her disappointment at the turn of events.

“Riley,” she began carefully, “I really am still in trouble for the last car fender bender. I have an earlier curfew now and…..”

“This won’t take long,” Riley rasped as he began to paw at Buffy’s pink baby tee.

“No, I suppose it won’t,” Buffy sighed, giving in to Riley’s rough ministrations.

The truth was; Buffy’s mind was a million miles away. Well, maybe not a million miles away, but certainly miles away from here; and Riley.

She couldn’t get the thought Spike’s sweet expression of pure adoration for her out of her mind. Buffy was well aware, of course, that Spike had every intention of kissing her, earlier on the outside balcony of the Bronze.

What was really disturbing about the whole damn memory was that Buffy would have gladly let him kiss her. In fact, she had been pretty put out when Riley had interrupted her and Spike’s tender moment together.

‘Oh, shit,’ Buffy groaned silently to herself. ‘What in the hell is wrong with me?’


Spike sat in his house, totally naked except for his boxers. He sipped, sullenly on a beer and smoked his cigarette; not really enjoying either of the forbidden treats.

His parents were gone for the night and he had the house all to himself. He should have been happy, of course, even though he was one teenager that seemed to actually get along with his folks.

He’d be a lot happier if he had some female company tonight; specifically a female by the name of Buffy Summers.

Faith Evans, the go to bint for a quick fuck, by any male, had made it quite clear she had Spike in mind for tonight. Spike gallantly blew her off and basically cleared his best friend Jesse to take Faith on.

Like Spike had told Jesse, just hours earlier; where Faith Evans was concerned? He’d been there; done that and had no intention or desire to go back for more.

Spike realized, some time ago, that there was only one girl for him. Buffy. The problem was he had to figure out a way to woo her out of that wanker, Finn’s arms and into his own.

Unknown to Buffy, that kiss that she and he had shared nearly six years ago was more then just a fond memory for Spike. It was emblazoned on his lips; his mind and most of all, his soul.

Spike Giles loved Buffy Summers; always had and always would.


A/N: Second chapter, because I’m just having such fun with this one…already!

Please read and review, thanks, spufette.
Chapter 3: 'And They Say Chivalry Is Dead!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
This is the chapter that reveals Buffy's true inner feelings about Riley. (None!)
No really, it's going to be good, later, promise.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


A/N: Oh, I just wanted to let you all know that Hank and Joyce Summers will be making their presence known in this story. Now, I intend on making Hank a little more human in this fiction. He will not be against Spuffy love, promise. I thought it might be a nice change for once.


Summary: Dawn Summers is introduced at the beginning of this chapter. She is Buffy’s little sister and about 12 right now; the kid will give wonderful insight into the personality of one Riley Finn.

Buffy has a new classmate in Trigonometry! Who will it be?

Willow and Buffy have a very private convo at lunch and some surprising secrets come out! How will Buffy deal with these potentially life-altering secrets?



Act I/Scene III: ‘And They Say Chivalry is Dead?’


{They say that chivalry is dead; you can’t prove that by me. For I say it is alive and well; at least for Spike and Buffy}


“Dawn!” Buffy screeched at the top of her lungs down her families’ staircase. “Get your twelve-year-old butt up here, now!”

It was Sunday; a typical Sunday in the Summers’ household. Buffy was home for the day, and evening and there would be the usual Sunday supper at about 3:00 PM. It would be Joyce Summers’ pot roast, with potatoes and carrots; baby peas, of course.

“DAWN!” Buffy bellowed this time, down the stairs, to her little and only sister, Dawn Lee Summers. “You had better be up, in my room by the count of…..”

Dawn popped her head out of the kitchen; her blue eyes wide with fear. “I’m coming Buffy,” Dawn called, all innocent like.

“You’d better be,” Buffy growled loudly.

The young girl bound up the stairs and past Buffy, her dark hair flying behind her.

“Just don’t tell mom and dad, please Buff? Please?” Dawn whined as she scurried past the older, but shorter Buffy.

Dawn rushed into Buffy’s room, the owner right behind. Buffy slammed the bedroom door shut behind her; shaking the whole top floor of the Summers’ home.

“How many times,” Buffy began through gritted teeth. “How many times have I told you not to borrow my makeup; nail polish or hair care products?”

“Well?” Buffy repeated the question, her arms crossed over her heaving chest; an angry gleam in her green eyes.

“At least a million,” Dawn muttered sullenly. “But…..”

“No buts, Dawn,” Buffy mumbled, “this time mom and dad find out. They’ve told you, time and again…..”

“Oh, please, Buff, don’t tell them. I won’t do it again, promise,” Dawn whimpered.

Buffy could see little teardrops forming in Dawn’s bright blue eyes. Suddenly, the older sister felt like a complete bitch.

“Dawn,” Buffy sighed, “okay, I won’t tell mom and dad, this time. Just don’t do it again, kay? And I mean, not again!”

“You’re the best,” Dawn sighed in relief, to be off the hook once again. The tall, gangly pre-teen leapt up and hugged her idol tightly.

Buffy sat at her pink vanity table; going through her getting ready for bed routine. Dawn lay on Buffy’s pink comforter, watching her big sister work the cosmetic magic she did so well.

“Buffy,” Dawn began with a huge yawn, “why do you go out with Riley Finn?”

“Because,” Buffy mumbled as she rubbed lotion into the golden skin of her face. “Because I lo…..well, I like Riley,” Buffy finished with a scowl at her own reflection.

“Really,” Dawn mumbled under her breath. “You really like the no-neck poophead that is Riley Finn?” Dawn flipped off the bed, just in time, to avoid the loofa sponge Buffy threw at her that is.

“Now just where did you learn a term like ‘no-neck’ from missy?” Buffy asked her kid sister evenly.

“From no where,” Dawn replied meekly from the bedroom floor. She had strategically rolled into the little space between Buffy’s queen sized bed and the hot pink painted wall.

“Dawnie!” Buffy growled menacingly.

“Promise,” Dawn whimpered from her hiding place. “Let’s face it, Buff, Riley has no neck!”

“Are you sure that you didn’t hear that from…..” Buffy stopped short of using the name that should not be spoken (for some reason).

“Oh Buff,” Dawn sighed in exasperation. “I haven’t really spoken to William Giles since my eight birthday party. That was the last time I remember him being here.”

“Yeah, he’s been pretty scarce around here for years,” Buffy grumbled; her voice tinged with more then just a little resentment.

“But then, how come….” Buffy never finished the question. Dawn had shimmied out from behind the bed and stealthily made her way out of Buffy’s bedroom door.

“Night Buff!” Dawn called good-naturedly as she scampered off to her own bedroom.

“Brat,” Buffy mumbled under her breath. However, she smiled, warmly at the thought of her pain in the ass little sister.


Monday morning always came too early for Buffy; even though she supposed it came way too early for most everyone in the world. She staggered out of bed; hit the shower and then stumbled downstairs to the kitchen. Her mother always had a hot breakfast ready for them; Buffy, her dad and Dawn.

Today, Buffy noticed, it was oatmeal. ‘Oh, bloody joy,’ Buffy mumbled to herself as she flopped down at the kitchen table.

‘Wait a minute,’ Buffy gasped, audibly, ‘I just said bloody! Oh, God…..’

Buffy made it to first period homeroom, on time. She hadn’t slept most of the night, but not because she was particularly excited at the thought of the new school week.

No, Buffy had tossed and turned all night, thinking of that convo she’d had with Spike on Saturday night at the Bronze.

‘He remembered,’ Buffy thought in amazement as she went over Spike’s exact words. ‘Spike remembered the ugly dress; the swing on the avocado tree and our kiss. Wow!’

“Earth to Buffy,” Cordelia Chase griped sourly as she snapped her well manicured fingers in front of the blond girl's face. “Where are you?” The Homecoming Queen asked impatiently.

“Right here?” Buffy muttered in a breathy voice.

“Do you have those Trig notes for me?” Cordy asked gruffly. “They’re due today and…..

‘As if you give a rat’s ass about Trigonometry,’ Buffy snorted, even as she reached into her back pack and pulled out the notes for Cordy.

“See you at lunch,” Cordy stated with a snap of her gum.

Buffy slipped into her assigned seat in Trigonometry class and waved at Willow, her real, real best friend. The red-haired girl waved back and passed Buffy a note.

‘Hey, Buff,’ the note began: ‘Meet me at lunch, privately, kay? I want to discuss something with you and no one; I mean no one else can hear this!’ Luv Wills…

Buffy turned and grinned at Willow; nodding her agreement to meet on the sly.

The teacher, Wesley Pryce began his boring explanation of quadulants, etc., etc. Buffy had to shake her golden head, numerous times to keep awake.

‘Why in the name of merciful God do seniors have to take Trig?’ Buffy asked herself for the thousandth time in a week.

“Oh, class,” Mr. Pryce’s voice took on a sudden, excited manner. “We have a new student, well at least to ‘our’ classroom. Please welcome William Giles to…..”

“It’s Spike,” Spike corrected the arrogant Trig teacher. “I go by Spike,” he repeated cockily.

“Well, yes,” Wesley Pryce stammered, a bit shaken by this tough punk version of Rupert Giles’ oldest child. Rupert was the well respected librarian of Sunnydale High School and Wesley was not prepared for this uppity tough guy in front of him.

Spike scanned the room, to find his target; Buffy. He grinned at the blond beauty as he sauntered past her to take a seat in the back of the room.

When he passed Buffy, Spike gazed down at her and gave her a mischievous wink.

“Meet me after,” he whispered to Buffy as he lightly brushed her golden hair with his left hand.



Buffy smiled back at Spike, a slight pink blush on her cheeks. She could only nod, quickly at him as he quickly passed her desk; he allowed his fingers to brush the tendrils of hair.

All through Trigonometry, Buffy felt like she was being stared at, but she couldn’t be sure.

Every once in a while, Buffy turned, discreetly, to glance around and seek out whoever was watching her. She was more then disappointed when she caught Cordelia Chase scowling at her with disappointment, or was that a look of disgust?

When Buffy caught Willow’s soft gray eyes, she saw a giddy look of excitement in them. This warmed Buffy’s heart and she grinned at her best friend affectionately.

Spike was a bit too far out of Buffy’s range of sight, so she sighed, heavily, and tried to concentrate on Mr. Pryce’s lecture.

After class, Spike waited patiently for Buffy to exit the Trig class. He tried to hide the slight smirk on his mouth; Buffy was so clueless in mathematics. It was one of the things that endeared her so to him. Like all other math classes, Trig came naturally to Spike.

“Finally finished the pop quiz then?” Spike asked Buffy with a wicked chuckle when she finally emerged from the class.

“Yeah,” Buffy stammered bashfully. “Math isn’t one of my stellar classes, you know?”

“Maybe I could help you, eh?” Spike offered quickly, delighted when Buffy’s face grew pink with that adorable blush he loved.

“Yeah, maybe,” Buffy muttered under her breath. “Why now? In this class?” She suddenly blurted out, without really meaning to.

‘Because I’d move Heaven and Earth to be in this class with you, Princess,’ Spike replied inside his own head.

“Pryce is the best teacher for Trig,” Spike mumbled as he looked away from her. He could feel his own face heat up with a blush of his own.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered, her voice tinged in slight disappointment.

“Hey,” Buffy began, and then paused, her brows scrunched together. “I forgot to ask the other night; uhm, how’s your sister,” she whispered shyly. Drusilla was a touchy subject with the Giles’ family and Buffy had to look away from Spike when she asked.

“She’s okay,” Spike shrugged in a mock indifferent posture that Buffy knew was false. Spike adored his younger, somewhat ‘out there’ sister.

“Dru’s still goin’ to the Private Catholic School; they’re good to her there,” he mumbled in a low, pained tone.

“They better be good to her,” Buffy mumbled harshly, her green eyes narrowed into slits.

“Always so loyal, sweetling. To Drusilla, my family and…..” Spike murmured tenderly as he reached out to tuck that persistently stray lock of Buffy’s hair.


“Oh, I have to meet Willow for lunch!” Buffy gasped and pulled away quickly. She acted as if she was late for a world peace summit or a meeting with God; Spike was a bit put off.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Spike,” she called behind her as she scurried off to the cafeteria.

“That you will,” Spike chuckled in his deep, low voice. He watched the object of his adoration flee to the café; her sweet little arse wriggled in that tight little denim skirt of hers. “That you will,” he repeated happily looking forward to tomorrow and Trig class, for once.

“Why the privacy act?” Cordy snapped off the question at Buffy. “Why aren’t you and Willow sitting with the gang?”

Willow had taken a table in the corner of the cafeteria and waved Buffy over to it. Cordelia had joined them, all in a huff, to find out what the hell was going on.

“Just need to talk to Buff alone, Cordy,” Willow explained with a straight face. “About, you know,” Willow grinned over at the regular gang’s table. Xander Harris was at that table and everyone but everyone (except Xander of course) knew Willow adored him.

Buffy was well aware when her best friend, Willow Rosenberg, was telling a little white lie. Oh, Wills wanted to talk alone all right, but not about Xander Harris.

‘What are you up to Willow?’ Buffy wondered silently.

“Oh. You’d better put your eggs in another basket, Wills,” Cordy began snootily. “Xander is in lust with that new girl, Anya Jenkins. I don’t know why you don’t just give up on him and….”

“Its okay, Cordy,” Willow sighed dramatically. “I’ll just have to bide my time, again, and we’ll see.”

“Whatever,” Cordelia grunted as she spun around and strode back to their special table and her boyfriend, Angel.

“So, what’s this about Wills?” Buffy asked with a hushed giggle. “Why all the mystery?”

“That’s what I want to know from you, missy,” Willow whispered. “What’s up with you and Spike Giles?”

“Spike!” Buffy gasped and nearly spewed her milk out of her mouth.

“Spike,” Willow repeated with an evil grin.

“Oh Buffy, for Heaven’s sake; I saw it. You know, when Spike came into our Trig class? Buffy you lit up like a Christmas tree. I mean a really big, extra lit up Christmas tree!”

Willow gave Buffy that look of hers; the one that told the blond not to bother to try and bull shit her way out of this one.

“Well, maybe, but just because I was so surprised by Spike showing up in ‘our’ class and…..” Buffy’s voice trailed off as she realized that Willow just wasn’t buying any of this.

“You lit up,” Willow stubbornly stuck to her story. “You lit up,” the red head repeated softly.

“Spike watched you, you know? During the whole class,” Willow added with a smug, victorious grin.

“He stared at you; no, make that gazed at you like a lovesick puppy! Spike had that look in his eyes, honest and cross my heart. He looked as if he’d just die if he couldn’t gaze at you. Oh, Buffy, it was so romantic!”

“I tried to keep and eye on him; as he watched you during the entire lecture; and most of the pop quiz,” she continued knowingly.

”He finished before all of us and still, he pretended to be working on it. Just so…..” however, Buffy cut her off quickly.

“Wills, you read too many romance novels,” Buffy snorted; her cynics again reared its ugly head. Buffy tried to hide the pleased tone in her voice and the soft, gentle smile that graced her lips.

“Maybe,” Willow muttered; apparently still not convinced that there was no sparks between Buffy and Spike.

“Uhm, Buffy,” Willow stammered bashfully; her face had taken on the color of her hair. “I was wondering about…..Daniel Osbourne,” she mumbled under her breath.

“What? Who?” Buffy asked suspiciously, not sure if she heard Willow just right. “You mean Oz?” The blond stared at her friend with an open mouth and wide eyes.

“Oh, shit, Wills! You do mean Oz, don’t you?” Buffy began to laugh, merrily; somewhat relieved that the subject of Spike and her had been dropped, at least temporarily.

“Well, yeah,” Willow grumbled, her face now the color of red beets.

“What about your unrequited love for Xander Harris?” Buffy asked, toning down the laugh factor for a moment.

“That ship has definitely sailed, Buff,” Willow sighed. “Besides, like Cordelia said, Xand’s lusting after the new girl, Anya Jenkins. Oh, I don’t know,” Willow growled in frustration.

“So, Oz huh?” Buffy asked with a wicked little gleam in her green eyes. “Why so?”

“He’s kind of cute, don’t you think?” Willow asked; her gray eyes were wide and trusting in her best friend’s opinion.

“He is,” Buffy replied sincerely, “very cute indeed.”

“He’s nice too,” Willow added, suddenly becoming quite animated again. “You know, when Riley and Xander tried to kick the crap out of Spike? Oz and Jesse stepped in and…..”

“What!” Buffy nearly screeched at Willow’s confession.

“Oh, oh,” Willow groaned in misery as she sunk down in the seat she occupied. “I’ve gone and done it again.”

“Willow,” Buffy muttered; her green eyes were narrowed into slits and her teeth were clenched.

“Spill,” Buffy ordered the visibly shaken red-haired girl.

“Oh, Buffy,” Willow whimpered tearfully. “Its just that I promised Cordelia that…..”

“What did you promise Cordy, Willow?” Buffy whispered harshly as she leaned closer to her friend.

“I promised Cordy that I would never tell you the truth, about something that happened in the boys' locker room. It was well, about two months ago or so,” Willow mumbled reluctantly. Her delicate facial features were twisted, slightly, from her feelings of self-shame. Willow knew that what she was about to tell Buffy would hurt her, terribly.

Buffy leaned back in her chair and gave Willow that wary doe-eyed look of hers. Willow broke like a criminal suspect under interrogation hot-lights. The red head spilled her guts about everything she had learned from Cordy regarding the fateful day in PE.

“Spike, he told Riley to shut the bloody freak up and…..” Willow whispered as her gray eyes darted to and fro. She was checking to see if anyone in the café was trying to hear her confession or read her lips.

“Freak?” Buffy interjected with furrowed brows. “Spike Giles would never use a word like…..”

“Well, no, he used a more colorful word,” Willow paused to grin evilly. “Anyway, Spike stepped in and told Riley to shut up and that’s when it happened. Riley and Xander ganged up on Spike and kicked the crap out of him.”

Willow rambled on and on, never letting Buffy get in another word, for a while that is.

“Angel was there; he saw it and told Cordy who told me,” Willow added sheepishly. “The only reason I never told you was because I didn’t want you hurt or embarrassed anymore. It was Daniel, I mean Oz,” she blushed bright red again. “Him and Jesse jumped in and helped their friend Spike.”

“Well,” Buffy mumbled softly, “I guess that’s what Spike was talking about; the other night. He mentioned blokes being bitchy and gossipy too. Hmmm,” Buffy slumped back in her chair and sighed heavily.

“I just think it was all so, you know, romantic and chivalrous,” Willow continued in a dreamy voice. “I mean, for Spike to stand up for your honor and Oz and Jesse to stand up for their friend like that? It reminds me of something out of King Arthur and the Round Table, right?”

Willow gave Buffy an anxious look, then lowered her eyes to focus on the salt and pepper shakers on the table. She looked kind of ashamed and Buffy felt bad for her.

“Yeah,” Buffy snorted, “and they said chivalry was dead, eh?”

“Well….” Willow began, but Buffy interrupted her.

“Wills, can you keep a secret?” Buffy asked with a raised right brow.

“I don’t know, Buff,” Willow sighed and shook her red head. “Look how the last secret I was supposed to keep turned out and…..”

“I’m about through with Riley Finn,” Buffy spat, not bothering to hide the contempt in her voice. “I am,” she repeated with conviction, “and not just because of this little incident. Its just another strike against Riley; not the whole game.”

“Buffy,” Willow stammered nervously, “are you going to confront Riley about this?” Willow’s gray eyes were round as saucers by this time.

“No,” Buffy grunted as she leaned over and met her friend’s gaze with steely green eyes.

“If I confront Riley about this one? He’ll just blame it on Spike; accuse him of telling me. Riley will drag a couple of football jocks along this time; to finish the job of beating Spike to a pulp.

“No, Wills,” Buffy repeated, “I’m not going to confront Riley with this at all. When I’m done with Riley Finn? No one will be able to say its because of Spike at all, believe me.”


A/N: Well, I know it wasn’t a lot of Spuffy loving here. Don’t worry, that is coming, promise.

I wanted to make this chapter kind of a build up to Spuffy romance. I think, when you read the really, really romantic chapter I have in mind? The one that involves Spike climbing an oak tree in front of Buffy’s house and a special rope swing in her back yard! I think it might more then make up for this somewhat non-romantic chapter on Valentine’s Day!

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Act II: 'Romantic Things; Like Hearts & Swings' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading and the lovely reviews so far.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: A lot is going on in this chapter. Buffy is acting mysterious; but then again, so is Spike.

Dawn Summers proves to be more insightful then ever and Willow has some insight of her own.


Act II: ‘Romantic Things; Like Hearts & Swings’


Buffy was in a quandary (a big one)and that was no overstatement! She had made it through most of the week at school; Spike Giles hunting her down aside, without too much drama.

Here was the situation: Buffy wanted to break up with Riley; had wanted to for a while really. Since the interlude with Spike on the Bronze balcony, Buffy had been even more ‘encouraged’ to end it with Riley.

After Willow spilled her guts at lunch on Monday? Well, Buffy was set to break it off with Riley Finn, as soon as possible. The problem was, soon as possible turned out not to be quite soon enough.

For three days now, Buffy had kept both Riley and Spike at a distance. Riley had shrugged it off; Buffy’s busy; Buffy’s overwhelmed; Buffy’s this and that. The truth was, Riley was so wrapped up in himself and his life? Buffy had figured a while ago that her so-called boyfriend really didn’t notice Buffy’s life at all.

Now, Spike was another thing and that was for sure. Spike had hunted Buffy down after Trig on Tuesday; made it clear, again, that he would be more then happy to help her with her homework.

On their alternate school schedules; Buffy had Trig with Spike on Monday and Tuesday and Thursday. That was acceptable; until she found out some ‘exciting’ news on Wednesday morning that is.

When Buffy had wondered, half dazed into her English Lit class on Tuesday? Lo and behold, who was the new student in that class also? Yeah, William ‘Spike’ Giles. Apparently, Spike had his whole schedule changed and who knew when he’d pop up in another one of Buffy’s classes?

On Wednesday, when Buffy met Willow and the gang for lunch, she was acutely aware of Spike gazing at her. If Riley or any of the other snobs in her gang noticed this; they never said a word; well, Willow did, after school that day.

“He was watching you, all during lunch today and Trig yesterday, Buff,” Willow giggled wickedly. “I think its darling,” the red head added in a secretive whisper.

“Oh Buff,” Willow sighed in her most out there dream-like voice. “You are being wooed! It’s obvious; Spike is wooing you! It’s so…..”

“Willow,” Buffy mumbled as she took a bite of her crummy turkey sandwich. “You are definitely reading too damned many romance novels.”

“Am not,” Willow grumbled under her breath.

“Are too,” Buffy countered in a questionably mature tone.

“Am not and…..” Cordelia and Angel broke up the conversation when they joined the two girls.

“What’s the what?” Cordy asked with a phony smile as she reached over and snatched one of Willow’s fries.

‘Maybe you’re not reading too many romance novels my red-haired compadre,’ Buffy thought to herself. She couldn’t help but grin at the idea that what Willow said was true. William ‘Spike’ Giles, Buffy Summers’ first real beau was completely smitten with her. Now, just how did she really feel about him?


{Later that night; at the Summers’ home}


“Daddy!” Buffy called into the room that served as a private den for her father.

“What is it, honey?” Hank Summers replied from his favorite chair in ‘his’ den.

“I was wondering,” Buffy stammered shyly, suddenly more then a little embarrassed by her request. “I was wondering if you could maybe, uhm, well maybe bring the old rope swing out of the garage? You know, the one you put up for me; when I was seven, on the avocado tree in the back yard?”

Hank looked at his eldest child with a raised dark brow. “The rope swing?” He asked, suddenly intrigued, if not confused.

“Yeah,” Buffy mumbled as she looked away from her father, a bright blush on her face.

“I just, well, I thought it would be kind of fun to have the swing put up again,” Buffy offered her lame explanation. “Dawn might like it and…”

“Oh,” Hank grunted, studying Buffy’s flushed face; then he went back to reading his newspaper. “Dawn might like it, eh? Well, yes, I can do that,” he murmured, not looking at his daughter.

“I’ll go out in the garage, tonight,” Hank continued evenly. “I’ve got the swing stored on a shelf out there and it’ll need a bit of cleaning. Remember, your mother, Dawnie and I have that out of town thing to go to afternoon, right after work and school. I can put the swing up tonight, though,” he added thoughtfully.

“Thanks Daddy,” Buffy purred as she planted a light kiss on her father’s cheek. She tried to ignore the amused smile on her dad’s mouth.


“I wish you were going with us, Buffy,” Dawn sighed wistfully. The two sisters were again in Buffy’s bedroom, later that evening.

“I don’t know why I can’t stay with you,” Dawn whined with a pout.

“Honey,” Buffy began in her best older sister tone, “I turned eighteen last month and you’re not even thirteen. Mom and Dad would never leave you here alone with me; not for four whole days and three nights.”

“I know,” the younger child sighed again, a little more dramatically this time. “It’s just I don’t want to go to Frisco with Mom and Dad. Dad will be doing the business junk and Mom will drag me to theatre matinees. You know she thinks I need more culture.”

Dawn frowned, suddenly, at the thought of being dragged to museums and theatres in San Francisco. She much rather would have been home, in Sunnydale, with her idol Buffy. There was a basketball game, on Saturday and Buffy would be there with the cheer squad. This was much more to Dawn’s liking.

“I know, honey,” Buffy smiled warmly at the dark haired younger girl. “When the time comes, Mom and Dad will let you stay home, alone and all. You’ve just got to be patient and…..”

“Why did you have Dad put the swing back up?” Dawn suddenly asked Buffy. There was a sly smile on the younger sister’s pouty mouth and a mischievous gleam in her blue eyes.

“Well,” Buffy stammered as she tried to hide the pink blush on her face. “I just, I don’t know, Dawnie, it’s just…..” Buffy turned her head away from Dawn so she could focus on the suddenly interesting photos on her wall.

“It’s because of William, I mean Spike, Giles, huh?” Dawn asked with, well more like giggled.

“What!” Buffy gasped incredulously. “Why would I have Dad put up that old swing because of Will?” Buffy nearly choked on her own question, especially since Dawn had hit the nail right on the head.

“Because,” Dawn began in a smug little tone, “I saw you, back then. When William kissed you; by the swing that day. I watched you two out of my bedroom window and…..”

“Why you little sneak!” Buffy exclaimed; her voice nearly cracked from her high pitched screech.

“Buffy, come on, I was like six-year’s old for Pete’s sake!” Dawn cried defensively. “Besides, I never told anyone, honest,” her blue eyes were wide and sincere.

“Oh. Well, I know you were just a kid and all. I well, thanks, Dawnie, for not ever spilling your guts, kay?”

“No problem,” Dawn assured Buffy with a shrug of her slim shoulders. “But, I know you had Daddy put up the swing, just to put you in mind of William. I’m right, huh?”

Dawn gave Buffy a wicked grin, which only widened when the blond blushed and nodded her head. “Yeah, it was to remind me of that day,” Buffy whispered shyly.

“You’re pretty smart for a kid, you know?” Buffy stood up and went to her bed where Dawn lay. “Pretty darn cagey, Dawn Summers,” Buffy murmured as she hugged the younger girl tightly.

“Yes, I am,” Dawn replied proudly.


Buffy sat in the library, after school on Thursday. Willow was with her; sitting on the other side of the huge library table The red-head was desperately trying to help Buffy make sense of some Trigonometry mumbo jumbo.

“I hate Trig and I stink at it!” Buffy grumbled under her breath. She was well aware of where she was and knew better then to raise her voice.

“You don’t stink at it,” Willow whispered seriously, “you just need some help with it. It’ll all click soon and…..”

“Can I help make it click then, Princess?” Spike Giles leaned over Buffy and scanned the pages of her Trig book. His mouth was twisted in a naughty smirk and Buffy felt a shiver go down her spine.

“Well, uhm, Willow is kind of helping me today, Spike and…..” Buffy began nervously as she shifted in her seat.

“Spike’s probably much better at helping you with homework, Buff,” Willow whispered across to the couple. Willow noted how close Spike was leaning into Buffy and how affected the two blonds appeared to be by their closeness.

“I need to go home anyway,” Willow proclaimed in a louder voice. “I need to firm up the plans for me to spend the night at your house and get my school things for tomorrow. I’ll see you tonight, kay Buffy?”

“Okay,” Buffy mumbled, not even looking at her best friend as she left. Spike called a ‘goodbye Red’ to the girl and sat down next to Buffy at the table.

“Willow’s spendin’ the night, eh?” He asked Buffy non-chalantly. ‘Wish it was me,’ he thought to himself as he envisioned Buffy and him; at her house and…..


“My folks and Dawn, they’re leaving for San Francisco tonight. Dad has business there and Willow’s going to spend the night.”

“Oh,” Spike mumbled as his imagination ran completely away at this confession. “I suppose no-neck is going to drop by later and…..”

“Sppiikke,” Buffy hissed a silent warning to her friend; but she grinned despite herself.

“Actually,” Buffy began carefully, “it’s just Willow and me, for tonight. I’m not even going to tell Riley that my folks are out of town, because…..” her voice trailed off and she suddenly became silent.

“Because?” Spike asked her with a raised brow. He gazed soulfully, he hoped, into Buffy’s green eyes; his heart began to thump, steadily. He had a feeling that Buffy was about to make some life-altering confession (for them both) and he suddenly felt light headed.

“Willow, she told me, Spike. About the day in PE, in the locker room. How you stood up for me and…..” Buffy blushed bright red, but she refused to break her gaze from Spike’s intense blue eyes.

“I, I didn’t want to hurt you, sweetheart. So I didn’t tell you myself,” Spike mumbled sheepishly. His own voice sounded foreign to him and he couldn’t help but look away from Buffy, for just a nano second that is.

“I understand, really, Spike,” Buffy sighed and shook her head. “Its okay, Spike; it is. In fact, it’s just another good reason for my breaking it off with Riley.”

“You’re breaking up with Riley?” Spike exclaimed; embarrassed by the squeak of excitement in his voice. His heart began to pound even harder as he contemplated the implications of Buffy’s heartfelt statement. He stared at Buffy; his eyes wide with shock and hope.

“It’s been coming for a long time,” Buffy spat, barely concealing the contempt in her tone. “He’s been too full of himself for a while now and it’s not like I lo.....” She bit back the word love and looked away from Spike once again.

“I’m just trying to find the right time,” she mumbled instead. “He’s starting in the big basketball game, Saturday afternoon. I may just be being vain, but I don’t want to upset him too much before the game. The team needs him at his best and I hate to make waves before then. You know?”

“I know sweetling. There’s a good girl then,” Spike whispered tenderly. Without thinking; he reached over and tucked that adorable strand of loose hair behind her left ear.

Buffy smiled at him, even though she blushed profusely at his touch. There was something about William Giles that had always drawn her to him. She could not be sure if it was his beautiful deep voice and accent, or the way he spoke words of affection and endearment; so poetically. He just had a way about him that touched her heart and soul. Why had she never really considered all of this before now?

“Hey,” Buffy blurted, changing the perplexing subject. “Does Oz still date Veruca?” She neglected to look Spike in the eyes as she asked.

“What? Why?” Spike asked suspiciously, wondering why the object of his affections was asking about his friend.

“Well, there’s a certain red-haired girl that is quite ‘taken’ with Mr. Daniel Osbourne. I guess I’m kind of testing the waters for her and….”

“Oz is a good bloke,” Spike offered happily, relieved that Buffy was obviously asking for Willow, not herself. “Veruca and him broke up, a while back. Veruca’s family is moving to LA and they figured it would be best to move on from each other.”

“Oh, well, I guess the move won’t be too hard on Veruca. She’s a junior and has another year of high school,” Buffy countered sympathetically.

“You know, Oz has asked about Willow before. Oh, he’s noticed her alright.” Spike stated with a deep chuckle. “Old Danny boy called Willow an ethereal Irish Sea Goddess. He’s a bit of a poet, Oz is.”

“Really!” Buffy gasped in stunned delight. “She’s isn’t Irish, of course, but that wonderful description of her would just tickle Wills pink!”

“I’ll give him a talk, tomorrow at school,” Spike offered. “Oz is a bit ‘out there’ and all but I think he’ll be stoked about this.”

“Thanks, William,” Buffy murmured in a hushed tone. “For standing up for me, I mean back in the locker room. For talking to Oz and well, for a lot of things, okay?”

“You’re more then welcome, Princess.” Spike whispered tenderly as he tucked that stray golden tendril back behind his girl’s right ear once again.

“Will,” Buffy murmured, choosing her next words cautiously. “Are you ‘wooing’ me?” She dropped her eyes, her lids closed half-way over the green orbs.

“Yeah, I am,” Spike answered honestly. “I hope I’m not making a complete arse of myself either.”

They sat in somewhat uncomfortable silence together. Both Spike and Buffy ignored the librarian, Rupert Giles’ benevolent smile as watched the young couple. You see, Rupert Giles, Spike’s father, was somewhat of a romantic himself; just like his son.

“Walk you to your car?” Spike asked quickly as Buffy stood to leave the library.

“Kay,” she replied quietly. “I’m in the senior parking area.”

The blond couple strolled out of the library and to the lot where only seniors were allowed to park. Neither Spike nor Buffy noticed that they were being watched by a pair of jealous, dark brown eyes.


Friday after school had been a nightmare for Buffy Summers. First off, Cordelia had angrily barked at Buffy at least ten times during cheerleader practice. It was almost as if Miss Chase, head cheerleader, had a clue as to Buffy’s intentions with Riley.

Then, after practice, Riley was waiting to meet Buffy outside of the school. This wasn’t unusual, but the big hulking Riley seemed more brooding then usual, at least to Buffy.

“Why can’t you come to the Bronze with me tonight, babe?” Riley asked, barely masking his disappointment and anger.

“Because, you kept me out too late the other night and I broke my punishment curfew,” Buffy whined defensively. “I told you I needed to get home, last Saturday, early and all. You didn’t listen and drove up to Inspiration Point. My folks….”

“Your fucking folks seem to forget that you’re eighteen years old, Buff,” Riley growled in a raspy voice.

“I still live under their roof, Riley,” Buffy retorted, her own anger was bubbling to the surface.

“Oh, by the way, I’d appreciate if you didn’t disrespect my parents, Riley,” Buffy snapped back at him. She was beginning to re-think her whole stance on waiting until after the game to tell Riley to ‘fuck’ off.

“I’m sorry, babe, it’s just that you’ve been so; I don’t know, distant lately. I get the feeling that…..” Riley’s tone sounded so desperate and sad that Buffy felt a bit sorry for him at the moment.

“My folks think I should spend more time at home, for a while,” she muttered half-heartedly. This wasn’t far from the truth, really, as her parents had mentioned this very thing.

Apparently, Hank and Joyce Summers were a little afraid that Buffy had been socializing too much and studying too little. No time like the present to start listening to dear old mom and dad, right? What difference did it make if they were not on the home front premises at the time?

“I am going to the victory party at Xander’s house, on Saturday night,” Buffy offered. She hoped this would be a kind of peace offering for Riley and he did seem to accept her olive branch.

“Meet me there, then? After the game?” Riley asked hopefully. “I’m sure we’ll win this two-bit team we’re playing on Saturday. We can celebrate together, right?”


Riley wore that ‘hang dog’ self-pitying look of his that always got to Buffy in some way.
‘He looks like a puppy nobody wants,’ Buffy thought sympathetically. “Yeah, I’ll meet you there. After the game I need to uhm, well I need to go home, eat and then yeah. I’ll meet you at Xander’s house; I’ll drive my Mustang there.”

Buffy tired hard, not to flinch when Riley leaned over and gave her a deep kiss.


Buffy Summers maneuvered her Mustang into the ‘drive-through’ line at the Double Meat Palace. After she had paid for and received her double ‘Double Meat’ special value meal, she sped, no make that fled to her home.

Even though the big two-story Summers’ house was devoid of any other humans? Buffy welcomed the solitude that she would have that Friday night.

There was a quart of Triple Fudge Brownie flavored ice cream in the freezer. Buffy had TIVO’d a week’s worth of All My Children episodes for just tonight.

“I have really got to eat better.” Buffy vocally chided herself as she snuggled into the comfy couch in the den. Effortlessly, she clicked on the TV via remote and hit the play list menu.

After taking a huge first bite from her Double Meat burger; which she had daintily set up on a TV tray. Buffy watched the TV screen, intently tuned in to whatever nonsense the residents of Pine Valley were up to this time.

It wasn’t even 10:00 PM, on a Friday night, and Buffy was yawning widely. Although she was only through two All My Children episodes, Buffy was more then bored.

“How much of Erica Kane hostessing a faus pax Madri Gras can we viewers take? They just don’t write soaps like they used to,” Buffy snorted as she clicked off the television with the remote.

A noise outside of the house back door caught her ear and Buffy pulled on a heavy coat. It was still early February and even Southern California was cold and damp at this time of the year.

Buffy scanned the perimeter of the family back yard before she ventured out into the night. Hank Summers had hung the old rope swing up, just as he promised and it seemed to beckon to her.

“Must have been a cat,” Buffy mumbled to herself as she made her way over to the swing. Without a second thought, she settled into the seat of the swing and began to pump her legs.

As she glided through the air, Buffy was oblivious to the bleached blond male that sidled up to her. In fact, Buffy didn’t notice Spike until he was right in front of her.

“Shit!” Buffy screeched at the top of her lungs. “Spike, you asshole! What are you doing here?”

Spike nearly fell on his arse, he was laughing so hard. Buffy was as pale as the undead and her green eyes were the size of saucers.

Yeah, it was hilarious alright; until said beautiful girl jumped out of the swing and came after him; eyes ablazing. Buffy leapt at Spike like a wild animal.

“You son-of-a-bitch!” Buffy squealed as she knocked Spike to the ground, with her smack on top of him.

“You, you….” Buffy stuttered incoherently. “I should…..”

“Not that I mind this position, pet,” Spike laughed heartily, wrapping his arms about Buffy.

“It’s just that this grass is a bit damp and I do rather like this leather duster of mine.” Spike grinned evilly at Buffy who was still glaring at him, her face just inches above his.

Buffy pulled out of Spike’s arms and hopped up from on top of him.

“Screw your precious leather duster,” Buffy huffed. “I should call the cops,” she continued in self-righteous indignation. “You…”

“I come bearing gifts,” Spike purred seductively as he stood up and stalked the few feet to Buffy. When he stopped, just inches in front of her, Spike smiled charmingly down at her.

“Why ‘are’ you here?” Buffy sighed in exasperation. Well, in mock exasperation that is. Actually, she was rather pleased that Spike was here with her.

“I couldn’t take watching ‘no-neck’ brood about at the Bronze any longer,” Spike chuckled.

Buffy didn’t miss the incredible sarcasm in her friend’s voice.

“Riley’s at the Bronze, brooding no less?” Buffy asked with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

“Yeah, he’s missin’ you, I guess,” Spike grunted with contempt; his left hand slithered into his duster pocket. Spike dug out a cigarette and lit it up, ignoring Buffy’s disapproving glare.

“Good,” Buffy spat, “he deserves it. I still can’t get over him talking about our sex life. In front of God and everyone,” she hissed angrily.

“Right,” Spike grumbled; a wave of jealousy washed over him. He truly hated Riley Finn and the thought that the fool had taken his Buffy to bed. It made Spike want to puke, that was for sure.

“On a good note,” Spike began evenly, “Willow was there and Oz got up the nerve to ask for a dance. You should have seen the looks on those gits’ faces, when Red and Oz danced together. It was bloody priceless,” Spike snorted good-naturedly.

“Oh, I wished I’d have been there,” Buffy sighed wistfully. “Just to see Cordelia’s pinched look of shock would have been worth it!”

“Where’s your car?” Buffy asked suddenly aware that neighbors might ‘talk’ and her parents might be pissed. She truly hoped Spike had been careful when he parked his vehicle. All’s Buffy needed was for that those nosey neighbors; Mr. and Mrs. Klaffke to report to Hank and Joyce.

“I drove me dad’s Harley,” Spike explained with a shrug. “Parked it around the block,” he added with a mischievous wink.

It was always a pleasant mystery to Buffy, and a lot of Sunnydale folks, that solid old Rupert Giles had a Harley parked in his garage!

“Thank God,” Buffy sighed in relief. “Hey,” she exclaimed suddenly, “you said something about bearing gifts?”

Spike grinned at Buffy and took her by the hand. He led her back to the swing, and then motioned for her to sit on the seat.

Buffy did as she was directed, her eyes wide with curiosity. “Well?” She asked; her right fair brow raised up in question.

“Well, I brought you a little belated birthday gift,” Spike murmured, suddenly quite self-conscious about this whole thing.

“Spike,” Buffy whispered in disbelief, “my birthday; it was weeks ago. You remembered my birthday?” She squealed incredulously.

“Yup,” Spike replied simply. “I know your birthday, sweetheart. It’s January 18th, every year,” he finished with a proud smirk.

“I, I don’t know what to say,” Buffy whispered in a hushed tone. “You…..”

“Came to give you this,” Spike finished for her. He held out a slim, long velvet box, which Buffy attentively took form his hand.

When she opened the beautiful box, Buffy gasped in delight.

A thin gold chain rested, daintily, on the white silk encasing of the jewelry box. On the end of the chain, there lay a fairly good sized heart shaped pendant; fashioned with diamonds and rubies.

“Spike, William!” Buffy gasped again, “I can’t believe this. It’s too much, Will,” she continued in a husky voice as she tried to fight the tiny tears that threatened to spill from her eyes.

“Not really,” Spike mumbled humbly. “I do have a part time job you know and…..”

“No, I mean it’s too much for you to…” Buffy lost it and began to weep.

“Now I didn’t mean to make you cry, Princess,” Spike moaned as he took the girl in his arms. “I wanted you to like the gift, sweetheart.”

“I do, I really do, William, I just….” Buffy sobbed loudly, snuggling her golden head into Spike’s chest.

“Oh, sweet little Buffy,” Spike murmured tenderly as he stroked her golden hair. “Look at me,” he commanded gently.

Buffy did as she was told and looked up at the handsome blond young man. The intensity of his blue-eyed gaze caused her to shiver again. She noticed that Spike shivered too, and not because it was too cold tonight. Suddenly, it didn’t seem necessary for her to weep so much.

“This bauble, sweet, it’s nothing, really,” Spike murmured and cupped Buffy’s cheek with his hand. “It’s merely a piece of metal, sprinkled with some stones, precious or not.”

“But,” Buffy began, only to be caught off by Spike’s fingers, placed gently on her lips.

“It’s ‘my’ real beating heart you’ve always had, Buffy. You always will,” he finished in a soft voice.

“Oh, Will,” she rasped. Unable to bear the honest intensity of Spike’s indigo eyes, Buffy focused her gaze on the necklace.

“Will you clip it on me?” Buffy asked quietly, even as she pulled her hair up and turned her back to Spike.

“Of course,” Spike replied, gallantly taking the necklace from the box and slipping it about Buffy’s sleek neck. He fashioned the chain about her neck and snapped the fastener together.

“There then,” Spike murmured huskily, unable to resist the opportunity to run his fingers lightly down the side of Buffy’s neck. He felt her flesh shiver, slightly beneath his whispery touch.

“Are you cold, pet?” Spike whispered hoarsely when he felt her tense, slightly under his hand.

“Nnn,nno,” Buffy stuttered softly before she relaxed into his touch.

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike moaned just before he buried his mouth into the golden flesh of her neck. He didn’t even try to be anything but passionate as he ran his lips up and down Buffy’s soft neck and shoulder.

“Will,” Buffy gasped desperately; her right hand flew up and clasped Spike by his golden head. She pulled his face to her neck; encouraging him to continue his ministrations.

Spike spun Buffy around to face him and pulled her tiny body to his. He noted that he had never seen her emerald eyes quite so wide, or fiery in the entire time he had known her.

This was all Spike could see or think of as he crashed his lips into Buffy’s.


A/N: Well, I hope that was enough of a cliffhanger for you all! (grins evilly)

The next chapter; there will be a bumpy moment or two between Buffy and Riley, but I promise old no-neck will be gone before long!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Act II; Scene II: 'Goodnight; Goodbye' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this story. Please review if you can.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Buffy says ‘goodnight’ to Spike! Then she says ‘goodbye’ to Riley.

Warning: The breakup is not going to go as easily as we might have hoped.


A/N: Thank you for reading this little fiction of mine. There is some violence in this chapter, just wanted to let you all know. Also, this story just might prove to be a bit more angst ridden then I first intended?

Thanks again.


Act II: Scene II; ‘Goodnight; Goodbye’



{Good-night; good-night. Parting is such sweet sorrow! That I shall say goodnight, til it be the morrow…..William Shakespeare from Romeo and Juliet}

Spike kissed Buffy with all of the pent up passion, for her, that he’d been carrying about for the last few years. It helped that she kissed him back, just as heatedly.

Once he tore his lips away from her sweet, wet mouth, Spike nibbled on her jaw line and neck. However, her lush little mouth just called his lips back to hers. Spike found his hungry mouth back at the starting point; Buffy’s plump little lips.

“Mmmm,” Buffy hummed in pleasure as Spike kissed, licked and nipped at her lips; mouth and tongue.

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike mumbled huskily just before he went back in for more of those delicious kisses of hers.

Buffy realized, quite pleasantly, that this was past being wooed; this was being kissed, really kissed. These kisses she and Spike were sharing were stuff that passionate legends were made of. Something like Romeo and Juliet may have shared together; in the brief moments of their too short lives.

‘Oh, my God! Romeo and Juliet! Star-crossed lovers? Death and destruction! Oh, shit!’ Buffy screamed inside her head. ‘I, we…..Spike and me! Can’t do this. Bad Buffy; you’re still officially with Riley! Good girlfriend Buffy and slut Buffy just don’t mix and…..’

Buffy literally yanked her lips from Spike’s. She reared back from the blond male, all the while chanting in her mind:

‘Step away from the incredibly hot bleached blond goth. Step away from the incredibly hot bleach blond goth! Do not pass Go and definitely do not collect $200.00.’


“Buffy, Princess, what is it?” Spike reached out to take her in his arms again. His blue eyes were filled with confusion now; well the lust was still there, technically, but desperate confusion seemed to be the overriding emotion by this time.

Before she could choke out her explanation, Spike pulled Buffy flush up to his body. He must have felt her shaking and trembling, because he immediately went into ‘protecto’ mode.

Spike stroked Buffy’s golden hair and held her tightly as he murmured softly into her warm little ear. It was a miracle, really that her uncovered ear was warm at all. This had to be the fucking coldest February in Southern California history.

“It’s okay, luv,” Spike murmured tenderly, trying his best to comfort the confused young woman in his arms. “I think I know what’s wrong. You’re feelin’ guilty, because of Captain Cardboard, yeah?”

Buffy pulled her head back from Spike’s cozy, comforting chest and ‘glared’ up into his blue eyes.

“Captain Cardboard, William? What happened to no-neck?” She couldn’t help the giggle that escaped from her mouth.

“Well, let’s be honest, kitten,” Spike chuckled roughly; he pressed his forehead to hers, gently. “Finn’s not the most lively or animated bloke in Sunnydale, eh?”

“No,” Buffy burst out into an infectious laugh. “Riley’s definitely not ‘that’ for sure. I can’t imagine what I’ve seen in him for two years,” she sighed; her tone was tinged with some regret.

“Me either,” Spike grumbled as he tightened his hold on ‘his’ golden girl.

“It’s true though,” Buffy sighed in frustration. “I just can’t officially be ‘tied’ to Riley and be kissing you, Will. Her green eyes looked so lost and sad that Spike felt like a real shit for even coming here tonight. Even though he had no idea it would end like this and all.

Okay, so he did have an inkling that it would be like this and all, but hey, he was a guy in love with Buffy Summers. What the bloody hell was he supposed to do? Wait around until his soul mate, Buffy, agreed to marry Finn the Moron? Keep his feelings hidden until she’d popped out two or three no-neck tots and…..

“I’m going to break up with Riley, tomorrow,” Buffy stammered, her ‘unsure’ self was quickly surfacing and Spike knew he had to ‘quell’ that and fast.

“I thought you said that you’d wait, until after the game and….” Spike began, carefully. In no way did he want to stop Buffy from kicking Riley Finn to the curb. That was for sure.

“I will wait until after,” she assured the guy that was holding onto her for dear life. “There’s a victory party, at Xander’s tomorrow night. I suppose you have no intention of going, right?” Buffy looked up at Spike, her right brow was raised and she could feel a slight grin form on her mouth.

“Hell no!” Spike hissed. “You think me and my mates are welcome anywhere ‘near’ Xander Harris’ house?”

“Didn’t think so,” Buffy giggled merrily, unable to resist the urge to kiss Spike’s cute chin, chastely of course.

“Besides,” he began shyly, “I promised me little sis, Dru, that’d take her to ‘The Crypt’ on the other side of town. She’s home from school, temporarily and….”

“You’re a good brother, Will,” Buffy murmured tenderly as tousled his slicked back hair with her right hand. “You’re a good man, too,” she added quietly; breaking their gaze and glancing up at the night sky again.

“Thanks, kitten,” Spike mumbled under his breath. He placed his finger underneath her chin and raised her lovely face up to meet his gaze once more.

“I thought I’d go to the party, about 9:00 or so and try to talk to Riley, privately,” Buffy sighed. “It’s not the best time, I’m sure, but I can’t wait any longer to be rid of him.”

“Me either,” Spike chuckled as he pulled her to him yet again. “Give us some more of those delectable little kisses, Princess and…..”

“Nope,” Buffy snorted, almost unladylike! “We need to cool it down, Mr. Giles,” she giggled at the disappointed look on her blond companion’s face.

“Ahh, Buffy, please…” Spike whined (he hoped charmingly). “Just another little kiss and I’ll…..”

“Nope, not gonna’ happen, Spike,” Buffy replied, her determination was evident, that was for sure; and she was somehow proud of herself.

“Let’s sit on the patio bench, over there,” Buffy pointed to the bench that sat in the shadows of the house. “Come on,” she sighed in what could only be described as frustration.

Spike let Buffy lead him, by the hand, to the bench and flopped down next to her. He made sure that their bodies touched in some way and he wrapped his left arm about her slim shoulders. It made him more then happy when she snuggled into his chest and sighed in contentment.

“I’d ask you inside, Spike, but…..” Buffy began, hesitating between each word.

“I know, sweetheart,” Spike sighed heavily, “your folks aren’t home. Wouldn’t be proper for a big bad bloke like me to be in your home, without Mum and Dad there to watch out for their treasure of a first born, yeah?”

He grinned down at her, delighted when her little mouth turned into a pout. Spike loved that adorable pout of Buffy’s.

“No, it’s not that, I mean ‘I’ don’t feel that my folks need to protect me from you, silly.” Buffy broke into a giggle and slapped at his chest, playfully.

“It’s just that I have this incredibly nosy neighbor,” she pointed to the big house on the right side of hers. “She’ll be banging on our door, first thing Sunday night when Mom and Dad get home from Frisco. Telling them that I had a wild party or something; the old battle axe exaggerates like there’s no tomorrow!”

Buffy ended her rant with a disgusted snort and leaned back into Spike’s arms and chest. She felt so amazingly ‘right’ in this position; as if she had been on a long trip away and finally realized she was home again.

Spike cuddled Buffy tighter into his body, trying to help keep her warm. This felt so bloody incredibly right; having his golden girl in his arms, at last. For the first time in, well forever, Spike felt like he was finally ‘home’ again.

They sat together; Spike and Buffy, in comfortable silence. Their bodies were snuggled together, to ward off the unforgiving chill of a California February night. Or maybe, it was so that they could experience the pleasure of each other’s bodies as they touched so intimately. After all, nothing was as sweet as the feeling of being safe and at home.

“Sunday, first thing, I’m gonna’ call you,” Spike whispered into her ear. “I wanna’ take you someplace, someplace special on Sunday afternoon. Is that okay then?”

They were gazing up at the sky, watching the stars twinkle from millions; billions of miles away.

“Yup,” Buffy replied simply, her answer was muffled into Spike’s hard but comforting chest.


Buffy drove her Mustang down the main highway of Sunnydale, California. It was past 8:30 PM on Saturday and she was headed to the ‘showdown’ with Riley at Xander’s house.

Miss Buffy Summers loved her little red Mustang; okay, she ‘liked’ it a lot, maybe even adored it.

“No one loves ‘things’ Summers,” she chided herself out loud as she maneuvered onto Xander’s street. “You love ‘people’ or pets even, but not cars,” she reminded herself as the fairly new car purred to a stop.

Hank and Joyce Summers had presented Buffy with the Mustang last Christmas. It had been a combination Christmas and early birthday gift from her family. Buffy suspected that her mother and father were simply tired of lending their SUV to her; for hauling around the cheer squad, etc.

In fact, it had been only just two weeks before, when Buffy had again had to borrow the SUV that the little ‘incident’ had occurred. Buffy had had a fender bender with a parked police car, of all things. This was the excuse she’d been using for two weeks to get out of spending too much time with Riley.

Now, however, it was time to face the music, so to speak and break it off with her large, somewhat overbearing boyfriend. Spike was a factor in this; yes, but not the only factor and Buffy just had to emphasize this to Riley.

Xander’s parents were out of town; they usually were and he was having a huge victory party for their Sunnydale basketball team. It was a good thing that Sunnydale did indeed win that afternoon, Buffy supposed.

Riley had, of course, scored the most points in the game; which was precisely why Buffy had chosen not to break up with him beforehand. She simply did not want it on her conscience, if her ‘bad news’ might upset or distract Riley in any way.

Buffy hurried up the brick walk of the Harris house; a woman with a mission. She was nervously trying to block out the loud revelry that was coming from inside, and outside, apparently.

“Hey, Buff,” one of Riley’s friends greeted her from the front porch. The guy had his arm draped about a random girl that sat with him on the porch swing. A suspect, but familiar sweet smokey odor wafted from the guy; Buffy remembered his name was Ted or something.

‘Who has a porch swing anymore?’ Buffy wondered briefly as she favored the couple with a false smile and slipped inside the front door. She had to find Riley, fast, and get the hell out of this place; the sweet sticky smoke was weed, no question. Buffy wasn’t up for ‘that’ tonight, especially since she came here to break up with her boyfriend of two years.

“Buff!” Xander’s deep voice greeted his best friend’s girl affectionately. Truth was; Xander had pursued Buffy before Riley did, but had stepped aside graciously when she chose the latter guy to date.

“Riley’s in the kitchen,” Xander offered quickly as he eyed Buffy’s hot little outfit.

Buffy had chosen to wear a tight pair of expensive jeans; topped off with a warm, red Marilyn Monroe sweater. Her designer leather jacket and black leather boots finished the ensemble; she’d opted to leave her hair down tonight.

“Thanks, Xand,” Buffy mumbled quickly; she waved at Anya Jenkins who hung onto Xander’s meaty arm. Without hesitation, Buffy strode into the kitchen, hoping that Riley was the only person in there.

He wasn’t.

Riley was holding court, in the Harris kitchen, surrounded by Graham; Angel and Cordy; Forrest; Samantha Simons (who was looking at Riley as if he were God) and Holden Webster.

‘Oh, perfect,’ Buffy sighed to herself in exasperation, ‘now I have to drag him away from his adoring public!’ The fact that Samantha was ogling Riley somehow eased Buffy’s chaotic mind. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all; especially if Sam was there to comfort Riley later?

“Baby!” Riley bellowed at the top of his lungs when he spied Buffy. “You’re here! Look guys, my baby is here!”

Buffy resisted the urge to throw up right then and there; opting instead to smile kindly at the entourage surrounding her soon to be ex. She noticed Sam had stopped smiling and appeared to be quite upset that Buffy had arrived.

“We need to talk, Riley,” Buffy murmured softly when Riley took her in his arms and slopped a wet, drunken kiss on her mouth. Apparently, Riley was buzzed on and his way to being smashed, at least from the look and sound of him.

“I’m sure there’s an empty bedroom around someplace!” Riley chuckled drunkenly; he waggled his dark brows at Buffy, suggestively.

“No, maybe outside,” Buffy whispered in reply. “We need to be alone, to talk, kay?”

“Sure, Buff,” Riley slurred indifferently. “Let’s go out in the front; too many drunks outside in the back.” He tossed his empty beer bottle in the nearby trash and clasped Buffy’s tiny hand in his.

After they wove their way out of the house and onto the front porch, Riley and Buffy sat on the now empty swing there. Buffy was relieved that the pot smoking couple had made their way back into the house, or somewhere else anyway.

Riley immediately began to paw at Buffy and try to place more sloppy kisses on her face and mouth. She pushed him away at the same time she pulled back from his grasping arms and hands.

“Please, Riley,” she gasped harshly, “I said we need to talk, not make out!”

“Sorry, baby,” Riley mumbled as he reluctantly sat back from her. “I can wait until later, for the fun,” he chuckled wickedly, but pouted as he did.

‘So not attractive on ‘you’ the pout that is,’ she thought briefly.

Buffy lowered her eyes to look at her clasped hands and took a deep breath. She nibbled at her bottom lip, nervously, and took another deep breath.

Finally…..

“Riley,” she began quietly, “I feel like this,” she pointed her finger at him, then herself. “I feel that ‘we’ aren’t working out well anymore. I, I really think it’s time for us to move on, from each other and…..”

“What the fuck are you talking about? Is this some kind of sick joke or something?” Riley roared, leaping up from the swing and roughly pulling Buffy with him.

“I just mean,” she stammered nervously, suddenly more then a little afraid to be alone with Riley.

Riley was breathing hard, gasping for breath, actually, and his face was bright red. His dark eyes were burning with rage and Buffy felt terror begin to flood her suddenly cold body.

“Riley,” Buffy rasped as she tried to pull her arm from his vice-like grasp. “Let me go!”

“Not gonna’ happen, babe,” Riley growled harshly and pulled her flush up against his huge frame.

“I want to break up,” Buffy whined, ashamed at the weakness in her tone. She was terrified by now and realized she had picked a very bad time to pull this.

“Well I don’t; and what I say goes,” Riley countered harshly. He clasped her little chin with his meaty right hand and yanked her head up so their eyes could meet.

With narrowed, angry eyes, Riley glared down into Buffy’s wide green orbs and growled, “it’s that fucking freak, Spike Giles; isn’t it?”

Riley looked as if he was going to wring her neck, but Buffy got the courage up to shake her head from side to side, quickly.

“No, Riley, it’s not Spike, or anyone else. It’s me, us,” she continued as evenly as she could. Her whole body was shaking, violently, but Buffy knew she couldn’t back down now. This had to be done and finished, tonight.

“It’s over, Riley,” Buffy spat venomously at the huge guy holding her. Riley’s Neanderthal behavior was pissing Buffy off now; forget her sensitive ‘nice gal’ mode. This was turning into war!

“Not over,” Riley growled childishly, “not over until I say it’s over! I love you, Buff….I,” he actually began to whimper, briefly.

Buffy felt like this was a good time to end this whole charade and get the hell out of Dodge! She pulled out of Riley’s grasp and began to back away from him, to the porch steps.

“Here, Riley, your ring and pin,” Buffy said evenly as she pulled the ring and pin out of her jacket pocket and tried to hand it to him.

That was when the large man spied the little golden chain and heart-shaped pendant on Buffy’s sleek neck. His dark eyes became even fierier; with jealousy.

“I didn’t give you that!” He screamed maniacally. Riley reached out and tried to rip the chain from Buffy’s neck.

“No, you didn’t,” Buffy yelled back as she clutched the necklace, protectively. “A ‘friend’ gave it to me, Riley,” she said coolly.

“A friend named Spike, maybe?” Riley asked, unnecessarily, through gritted teeth.

“I’m not going to lie to you,” Buffy began carefully; her words trailed off into silence.



Riley looked as if someone had stabbed him in the heart. His brown eyes were wide with anger and hurt; his mouth was open in shock. Buffy could swear she saw tiny tears in his eyes and felt a stab of guilt in her tummy.

“I should have kicked that little blond prick’s ass a long time ago,” Riley snarled. He slammed his right fist into his left open palm.

Buffy didn’t mention the fact that Riley had done just that. Two months before in a locker room full of…..

“I, I’m sorry Riley, really,” Buffy stammered softly; truly sincere in her regret. Just not for the breaking up reason; she should have done it ages ago.

“I love you,” Riley whispered defensively. “You love me and…..”

“I don’t love you Riley,” Buffy murmured sadly as she shook her head slowly. “I liked you, not loved you. I’m just sorry I wasted so much of your time and…..”

“No!” Riley roared, suddenly anything but sad or hurt. Now he was just pissed off, to the max.

The big man grabbed at Buffy, but she side-stepped him and turned to hurry down the porch steps. Riley, however, was faster and he managed to grab Buffy and spin her about to face him.

“This isn’t over!” Riley screamed at her, enraged again at this girl he proclaimed to love so much.

“Let me go, asshole!” Buffy retorted; realizing that they must have heard this, by now, inside the Harris house.

“Bitch; whore!” Riley roared again; then he did something that shocked the hell out of both of them. He slapped Buffy, open-handed, but hard, on her left cheek, almost knocking her to the ground.

Buffy caught herself, somehow, and just stood, staring at Riley in shock. In the two years they had dated, Riley had never laid a hand on Buffy in anger or violence of any kind. This just slayed her, completely; but she regained her senses quickly.


Without a second thought, Buffy doubled up her own right fist and punched her ex-boyfriend in the gut.

Riley doubled up and threw his arms across his stomach, but he didn’t fall back at all. Still, Buffy was pretty proud of herself; she was less then half the oaf’s size after all!

“What the fuck is going on out here?” Xander Harris bellowed from his front door. Xander flung the screen open and stormed out of the house, followed by Angel, Cordelia and Anya.

“Did he hit you?” Anya asked in disgust. “I saw him, from the window, Xander. Riley hit Buffy,” the brunette girl hissed.

“You don’t fucking hit a girl, Finn,” Angel growled at his good friend. “I should…..”

Angel didn’t finish, because Riley turned on him and shoved the older, larger man against the house.

“The little bitch is dumping me, Angel,” Riley hissed in explanation to the other stunned man. “She’s fucking around with that bleached blond freak, Giles and…..”

“I’m not fucking around with anyone,” Buffy cried. “Even if I do, eventually, it’s none of your damned business anymore Riley. Keep away from me and my family. Thanks for making this whole mess a little easier for me, Finn,” she added maliciously.

“I felt bad about it, before,” Buffy continued with venom. “Now I feel like somebody unlocked my chains and freed me!”

Riley just stood there, his now free hands were clenched into meaty fists. “Buffy,” he whined; his face was pale and he looked sick.

The other spectators just stood there; not sure what to do now. Xander finally reached out and grasped Riley by his arm, as if to hold him fast.

“Go home, Buff,” Xander ordered her quietly. “I’ll have Riley stay here for the night; he’ll be alright, in the morning….”

Buffy cut her friend off, quickly, “I don’t care what he does,” she spat in reply. “I know about old Riley’s locker room antics, and everything! He can fall off the face of the planet for all I care,” she added for good measure.

“Goodbye, Riley; forever,” Buffy called over her shoulder as she nearly ran down the steps and walkway.

“Be careful Buffy,” Cordelia cried to her ‘friend’ as the blond hopped into her Mustang and drove away.

Once Buffy had gotten to the main highway, she pulled over into a gas station lot and turned off the motor. Suddenly, she burst into tears and began to cry, uncontrollably.

“That asshole,” she sobbed into the steering wheel. “What an incredibly, vicious prick!”

The pain of the slap and hurtful words Riley had screamed at her were now coming back to light. Buffy was beyond hurt, now, she was pissed off completely.

Buffy must have sat there, in the empty lot for a good ten minutes before she finally composed herself. With tissue and make-up from her purse, Buffy managed to repair most of the damage she’d done with her crying. She covered up the rapidly bruising ‘slap’ mark with some powder and took a deep breath.

After she turned on the engine, Buffy pulled back out onto the highway and headed north on it.

Although she had never been to ‘The Crypt’ Buffy did know where it was. Her destination was clear to her; she had to see Spike, tonight and that was that.


A/N: This was a long chapter, I hope that’s okay? I actually wanted to write another Spike and Buffy interlude into this one, but felt I’d gone on long enough.

Oh, uhm, please forgive me for the somewhat ‘violent’ exchange between Riley and Buffy. I do not condone aggressive behavior; of course, it’s just that slugging Riley seemed like something Buffy might do??? (tee hee).

Thank you for reading this and please review. Writers love reviews, spufette.
Act II; Scene III: 'His Heart Belongs To Buffy' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for being patient with me on this fiction. I've had some bumps in my RL road.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Buffy makes it to The Crypt, but will it be the right decision? (Oh, come on now; of course it’s the right decision…tee hee!)

We meet Drusilla, who has an amazing insight to her brother’s feelings for Buffy. (Yes, I’m trying to make Drusilla actually likeable in this one).

How will Spike react when he finds out about Riley hitting Buffy? The answer just might surprise everyone!

More Spike and Buffy alone time in this one…..MMMMMM!



Act II; Scene III: ‘His Heart Belongs To Buffy’


Buffy was hard pressed to stay at the local speed limit as she drove her Mustang, carefully, to The Crypt. Spike was there; at the gothic, punk-like underage club and Buffy felt the need to be there too.

When she finally arrived at the club and pulled into the very full parking lot, Buffy wondered if she had done the right thing. To come ‘here’ that is; to Spike’s hang out where his group of friends congregated.

“What if Spike doesn’t want me here?” Buffy groaned out loud, her insecurity reared its head again. “Oh, shit, what if some skanky goth chic is hanging all over him and….”

She pulled into an empty parking space and clicked off the engine of her car. Three deep breaths later, Buffy finally managed to get up the courage to actually get out of the car.

‘He said he cared about me,’ Buffy reasoned in her own mind. ‘My William, he cares about me; I know that, I do. He’ll be happy to see me here,’ she assured herself, bravely.

“You have to take a leap of faith on this one, Summers,” Buffy murmured softly as she slowly walked to the front door of the black building.

Buffy had spied Spike’s beloved DeSoto in the parking, up close to the front and it made her smile slightly. He treasured that damned butt-ugly old car and Buffy treasured it to; just because Spike did.

There was some kind of loud, head-banger music pulsating from The Crypt’s walls. Buffy could ‘feel’ the bass guitar and drums thumping out and up through the concrete parking lot and through her body.


“Oh dear God,” she grumbled under her breath, “this is going to be another nightmare tonight, I just know it!”


Reluctantly, Buffy sidled up to the front door where she was met by a tall, black-leather clad door man. It wasn’t so much the black eyeliner the door man wore that made Buffy ‘nervous’ but the smirk he gave her. This, after said door man eyed her up and down for a full half-minute.

“You lost?” The goth looking giant chuckled as he sneered down at her.

“Uhm, no, I don’t think so,” Buffy mumbled in reply; resisting the urge to turn and run from this unfamiliar place. “How much to get in?” She asked bravely as she fished about in her purse for a large bill.

“Who’s the lucky guy?” Goth man asked casually; he raised his hand in an open palm ‘stop’ sign. “It’s gotta’ be a guy,” the man smiled knowingly. “A hot little number like you isn’t gonna’ show up here for fun, that’s for sure!”

“Well, I kind of was looking for William, er, I mean Spike Giles,” Buffy stammered shyly. She was finding it difficult to look the tall man in the eye.

“I’m Lorne,” the goth guy stated warmly. He held out his hand for Buffy to shake. “You can just go in; no charge,” he added quietly.


“You let all of Spike’s friends in, without charge?” Buffy asked, a little confused, momentarily.

“No,” Lorne replied quickly with a hearty laugh. “But ‘you’ that’s a different story. You’re something special, sweetlips, that’s for certain,” he added merrily. “I couldn’t charge such a lady as you to come into this dump. Especially, since I have a feeling that you really are someone special to Spike. He’s a friend of mine, by the way,” Lorne finished with a friendly grin.

“Thanks,” Buffy mumbled as she strode past the tall door man and into the dark, almost dank club.

‘This just may be your biggest mistake yet Summers,’ Buffy told herself as she cautiously made her way through the unfamiliar club. All about her, Buffy could hear rumblings from the voices in the crowded club; some were outright gasps:

“That’s fucking Buffy Summers,” two or three voices exclaimed at once. “What the fuck is ‘she’ doing here?” More random, faceless voices from the crowd assaulted her.

“I don’t know what she’s doing here,” another voice broke above the crowd, “but I’m hitting on her so….”

“Spike’s targeted her.” Buffy heard an almost reverent whisper from an unknown passing male. “You’d better back off, Tank; Spike’ll….”

“Who gives a fuck what Giles wants!” The one called Tank pushed his way past unknown male body and stepped into Buffy’s path.

“Excuse me,” Buffy mumbled, her eyes focused past this Tank person and on the pool room in the back.

“Wanna’ drink?” Tank asked in what he must have thought was a suave, charming tone.

“No, uhm, I’m just fine, thanks,” Buffy murmured as she tried to pass the huge, hulking male.

‘No wonder why they call him Tank,’ she reasoned silently. This Tank guy was intimidating and Buffy was afraid she might not make it to the pool room in one piece.

“Why don’t you let me buy you a drink, sweetheart,” Tank offered again, this time a little less friendly.

“I said no thanks,” Buffy replied, just short of a growl. She was beginning to get past frustrated at this moron’s insistence.

“What’s Finn’s piece of ass doing here, anyway?” Another goth looking guy asked. Buffy didn’t like the nasty, sarcastic tone in the guy’s voice and she was just about to say so when…..

“Golden Buffy!” A familiar, beloved female voice greeted her from the crowd. A very familiar, beloved British female voice that is.

“Drusilla,” Buffy sighed in relief when she spotted the lovely, if slightly touched younger girl approach her.

“Now Tank, dearie. You must not try and play with Lady Buffy,” Dru scolded the huge young man. “She is the object of my darling brother’s affection and not for you,” the brunette girl pouted prettily and waved a long, slim finger in front of him.

Tank immediately backed off, but not before endowing Drusilla with a warm smile. “Sorry Lady Drusilla,” he began sheepishly, “I didn’t know she was Spike’s girl.” With that, the two more brazen guys turned and stumbled off in the other direction.

“Dru!” Buffy squealed in delight just before she threw herself into the taller girl’s arms.

“Sweet girl,” Dru cooed softly; gently stroking Buffy’s golden hair. “I’ve missed you,” the brunette whispered.

“I’ve missed you too, Drussy,” Buffy murmured, her voice muffled in Drusilla’s shoulder. She had, truly; Buffy had missed the sensitive, fragile girl, just as she had the entire Giles’ family.

“Only you and my brother can call me Drussy,” the brown eyed mystical young woman giggled. She tightened her protective embrace around Buffy, as if to ward off any evil, naughty other boys that might try and approach them.

“You’ve come searching for my brother, your white knight, haven’t you, sweet?” Drusilla’s lovely dark eyes lit up and she grinned affectionately at her smaller companion.

“Well, yes,” Buffy stammered, shyly, “maybe this wasn’t a good idea, Dru,” she finished with a tired sigh.

“Of course it’s a good idea,” Drusilla scoffed, “my brother will be so pleased to see you. It will be a wonderful surprise for him! Come this way,” the dark haired girl pulled Buffy to the back of the club.

“He’s here, with dear Jesse,” Drusilla stated softly, pointing into the dimly lit pool room.

The first thing Buffy noticed was Spike, himself, leaned over the pool table preparing to take a shot. There was a cigarette hanging from his handsome mouth and he had a look of concentration on his face. His beloved black leather jacket billowed out about him, slightly as he took aim.

The next ‘thing’ Buffy noticed was Faith Evans, casually draped over the pool table, between Spike and his friend Jesse. Buffy immediately went into ‘jealous’ mode and pulled from Drusilla’s gentle clasp.


“Oh, that bitch!” Buffy hissed under her breath, apparently still loud enough for Dru to hear. Her green eyes were narrowed into slits at the sight of that ‘ho’ Faith anywhere near ‘her’ Spike!

“No worries,” Drusilla chuckled softly as she took Buffy’s arm again and pulled her closer to the pool table. “Look, that nasty girl Faith is hanging all over my sweet Jesse. Not dear Spike,” she finished with a sad sigh. “You will always have my brother’s heart, Lady Buffy,” Dru added sincerely.

Buffy glanced at Drusilla’s pretty face and noted a look of jealousy in the girl’s chocolate colored eyes. It finally struck the blond that Dru was sweet on her brother’s friend, Jesse. She felt a pang of sympathy for the younger girl who held her arm.

Spike and Drusilla’s parents were extremely protective of their only daughter. Much more so then most parents would be; but then again, they needed to be. Poor Drusilla didn’t really live in the real world; at least not in her confused mind.

“Oh, don’t worry so much, Drussy,” Buffy whispered kindly, squeezing the girl’s hand, tenderly. “Jesse and Faith won’t last; she never lasts with anyone, believe me.”

“I know,” Drusilla murmured, “someday Jesse will ‘see’ me as more then Spike’s annoying littler sister.” She sighed dreamily and gave Buffy a brave little smile.

“Look brother,” Drusilla blurted out over the noise of the music. “Look who fate has brought to you tonight!”

Spike took the smoke out of his mouth and looked up from the table. When he saw Buffy, he broke into a huge grin and stood up. Tossing the pool stick on the table, he hurried around it and strode up to the two girls at the door.

Buffy realized, at that very moment; the moment Spike looked up and spied her there, in the doorway. She realized by the gleam in Spike’s lovely blue eyes and the warm, loving smile on his lush mouth that she had made the right decision.

‘It was right for me to come here,’ Buffy told herself in relief as she instantly relaxed. ‘Spike wants me here, with him,’ she thought inwardly, even as she giggled outwardly.

“So you’ve kicked the bloody wanker to the curb?” Spike asked hopefully. He reached out and cupped Buffy’s cheek, tenderly.

“Ouch,” Buffy hissed when Spike touched her rapidly bruising cheek. She unintentionally pulled away from Spike’s warm hand, causing a look of hurt in his indigo colored eyes.

Buffy glanced up at Spike; her eyes full of remorse at the pain her actions had obviously caused him.

Spike pulled his hand back, as if stung by Buffy’s rebuff; then he spied the tell-tale trace of heavy make-up on his fingers.

‘Buffy never wears make-up that thick,’ Spike reasoned to himself in confusion. (notice how Spike knows that little detail?) He watched as Buffy placed her own hand protectively over the spot his hand had just touched.

“My God,” Drusilla gasped, eyeing Buffy’s cheek in horror. “That bad dog, Riley, he struck you, didn’t he?” The brunette clasped Buffy’s hand, carefully and moved it away from her cheek.

“Its, I mean it is nothing, really,” Buffy stuttered, her eyes focused on the floor. She couldn’t bear to look into Spike’s wide blue eyes and lie in such a bold faced manner.

Spike’s body tensed up, like a coiled snake, and he lifted Buffy’s chin up so she could meet his steely gaze.

“Did Finn hit you?” The blond male asked in a raspy voice; his clenched jaw flinched slightly.

“It, it doesn’t matter, really, Spike,” Buffy murmured in embarrassment. “He…..”

“Jesse!” Spike growled to his friend behind him. “Let’s go; we need to go kick Finn’s worthless arse and…..”

“No!” Buffy cried, trying to keep the growing hysteria out of her voice. “Please, Spike, Jesse, no,” she repeated desperately. “He’s at Xander’s house and in no shape to get his worthless arse kicked. I’m sure Angel and Xander are doing the honors of the ass kicking, even as we speak. Besides,” she paused briefly to collect her words, “I think it’s safe to say that Riley will have a hellacious tummy ache for a while.”

Spike stared down at his treasure; even more confused then before. As he studied Buffy’s soft, lovely face, a sudden, pleasant thought dawned on him.

“You punched Finn, in the gut?” Spike asked in delighted disbelief. “You did, didn’t you,” he continued in awe.

“Yup,” Buffy mumbled, her gaze never breaking from Spike’s. “I sure as hell did. Doubled him over in fact and…..”

Spike didn’t hesitate, hugged Buffy to him and leaned in to kiss her soft, warm lips. The smug smirk on her mouth did not go unnoticed by him.

When the couple broke apart, Spike smiled, proudly down at Buffy. “That’s my girl,” he murmured tenderly as he brushed a stray strand of her hair behind her ear.

“I want to be your girl,” Buffy replied shyly. “I mean if…..”

“You already are my girl,” he responded, affectionately. “You just don’t really know it yet.”

Before either one of the bleached blonds could say anything else, Drusilla interjected. “Spike, will you have Jesse take me home now? I’m weary and I think you should spirit your ‘girl’ home to her house, right?”

“Right,” Spike chuckled without breaking his intense gaze from Buffy’s. “Jesse, will you take my little sis home, then? I’m driving my lady home tonight. Oh, and we’ll get around to kicking Finn’s sorry arse soon, promise.”

Spike turned about briefly and grinned at Jesse, who responded with a benevolent grin. “Nothing would suit me better,” Jesse grunted as he tossed his pool cue on the table.

“Course I will, Spike,” Jesse answered quickly. “Do you mind if Faith comes with, Dru,” Jesse asked carefully. Apparently the guy had a suspicion that Spike’s sister did not much care for the easy girl, Faith, who now hung all over Jesse.

“Yes,” Drusilla grumbled in a whisper. “Not at all,” she said more loudly, somewhat politely. “You may drive me home, Jesse,” she snorted. “Once you’ve seen to my safety, you may go off and do whatever it is you and your so-called ‘lady’ do together.”

“I don’t like the way that sounds,” Faith snorted; her dark eyes were narrowed into angry slits.

“Shut up,” Jesse growled at his dark haired female companion. “You’re reputation proceeds you, Faith. Don’t try and make out like the injured party here.”

“Whatever,” Faith grumbled. “The chick’s crazy anyway,” she added maliciously.

Spike and Buffy didn’t seem to hear what was said around them; they just gazed at each other, lovingly.

“I could use a friendly ear,” Buffy whispered. His voice was so gentle and soft that it sent shivers up Buffy’s spine.

“I can do that,” Spike murmured tenderly, running his long fingers gently down her neck. “Can I drive you home then?” Just touching Buffy’s sleek neck caused shivers through Spike’s body.

“Yes,” Buffy replied quickly. “I might even ask you in tonight,” she added coyly.

“What about your nosy neighbor?” Spike asked with a wry smile.

“She won’t notice a thing amiss, especially when you drive my car into the garage. It’s attached to our house, remember?”

Spike drove Buffy’s car in record speed to get to her house. He had a feeling that some good just might come out of tonight, for him that is.

After he had given Jesse the keys to the DeSoto and made sure Drusilla was okay, Spike had driven Buffy home. All the way in the car, the couple drove in comfortable silence. Buffy would find a song she enjoyed on the radio and hum along to it; a slight smile on her pretty mouth.

They arrived at the Summers’ home without incident, although Buffy would glance out the window, somewhat nervously. Spike assumed that it was more because she was afraid of Captain Cardboard showing up at her house, then anything else. At least he hoped it wasn’t because of him, Spike, coming with her into an empty house.

“You know, Princess,” Spike began carefully as he pulled into the Summers’ long driveway. “I’m thinkin’ that those wankers your ex calls friends won’t be lettin’ him drive over here tonight. Is that what you’re worried about then?”

“If it is,” he continued cheekily, “I’m thinkin’ that I wish the no-neck wanker would show up here. I’d kick is bloody arse all the way to…..”

“No,” she gently cut him off.

Buffy clicked the garage door opening on and Spike drove slowly into the huge building. She waited until the door had closed behind them and motioned for him to follow her through the door to the back of the house.

“It’s not so much that I’m afraid of Riley,” Buffy sighed as Spike unlocked the back door for them. They shuffled into the kitchen and she turned the lights on.

“It’s more that I, well, I’m a little afraid of what ‘you’ might be thinking of me, Spike,” she mumbled shyly, tossing her keys and purse on the kitchen counter.

Spike reared back from her; a confused look in his blue eyes. “Why would you be afraid of me thinkin’ you’re the most beautiful girl in the world,” he whispered lovingly.

Buffy was gazing at him; with those huge emerald green eyes of hers and Spike felt his heart skip at least three beats. He casually reached out and tenderly tucked her blond strand of hair behind her ear.

Without a thought, Buffy gently clasped Spike’s hand in hers and cupped her tender cheek with it.

“What you just said; that chased all my fear away,” she murmured quietly. They continued to gaze into each other’s eyes in near awe.

‘Why didn’t I approach her sooner? Laid my cards on the table and just told her how I really felt about her? Spike asked himself, still in awe that he was here with his Buffy, finally.

‘Why haven’t I ever noticed how good I feel around him? How safe and well.....comfortable.’ Buffy asked herself, still in awe that her childhood sweetheart was here, now, with her.

“You want something to drink?” Buffy suddenly blurted; she snapped them both out of the reflective reverie.

“Not really,” Spike whispered hoarsely, falling back into the romantic sense of just moments earlier. He could not look away from her mesmerizing eyes and he pulled her roughly into his arms.

“Uhm, I,” Buffy began, but she was cut off by Spike’s magnificent mouth as it crashed into hers.

“Buffy,” he panted, her name like a song on his lips. She was kissing him back, as passionately as he was kissing her.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy moaned breathily when they finally came up for air.

Spike hoisted Buffy up and sat her on the kitchen counter; oblivious to the high tech small appliances that now surrounded her lush little bottom.

“I, I want you; need you my Buffy,” Spike rasped in desperation. “I…..”

“I need you too, Will,” Buffy gasped when he yanked her red sweater up and off of her little body.

This left Buffy’s whole top exposed; clad only in a mere whisp of a red lace bra.

“My favorite color,” Spike grunted in delight when he spied the saucy little bra that covered Buffy’s sweet milky white titties.

All this was between their mutual assaults of kisses, of course.

“I know,” Buffy murmured in a husky but feminine voice; all pretense of nervousness most certainly ‘gone’ now.

She reached out and yanked Spike’s leather duster off of his shoulders and arms.

He hardly noticed when his beloved duster was discarded, haphazardly, onto the Summers’ kitchen floor. It pooled at his feet, but Spike could not have cared less about it.

Buffy was here, half-dressed in his arms and she was doing the most delicious thing with tiny, sweet hands. She was reaching to the hem of his black tee shirt and quickly pulling it up over his chest and shoulders.

Once the obtrusive tee was out of the way, Buffy began to run her hands up and over his chest and shoulders to his back. By this time, Spike’s cock was so hard that he thought it might break through his black jeans and zero in on Buffy’s cunny without in guidance from him whatsoever!

Spike pulled Buffy even closer to his bare body; their chests pressed tightly together. All the time, they somehow never seemed to break the passionate kisses they bestowed on each other’s mouths, cheeks and necks.

“I’m gonna’ make such bloody good…..” Spike cried out hoarsely as he pulled Buffy’s whole body to him and wrapped her long jean clad legs about his waist and hips.

The shrill ring of the cordless wall phone, not five feet away from the couple, interrupted Spike and scared the hell out of Buffy!


A/N: Sorry, had to finish this here. Next chapter…..well, there will be Spuffy, no question. Oh and Spike will do something so incredibly old-fashioned and romantic that I hope you readers will tune in and really ‘dig’ it! (How passe is a word such as ‘dig’ huh?).

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Act II; Scene IV: 'Courtly Love' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hope you read this and like it!
Thanks, spufette
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act II; Scene IV ‘Courtly Love’
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA



Summary: Spike and Buffy’s tryst is interrupted (don’t worry!) and they come to a decision, temporarily.

Spike does something incredibly old-fashioned. Will Buffy take it in the spirit it is given? Will she learn some past secrets of her own parents?

“Don’t even bloody think of answering that,” Spike rasped. His voice was tinged with the desperation of a wistful young lover. Which was what he was about to be, momentarily, if Buffy would only not answer that fucking phone on the kitchen wall.

Buffy pulled back from her would be lover and glared at the offensive telephone. That was when she noticed that the little green light that alerted you to voice mail seemed to be flashing angrily at her.

“Oh shit!” She exclaimed as she pulled completely away from Spike and nearly sprinted to the phone on the wall. However, she neglected to pick up the present call and allowed the machine to take over for her.

“Buffy,” Spike whimpered softly as he reached out to her.

“Oh crap,” Buffy spat when she checked the answering machine, only to find fifteen messages on it.

Riley’s remorseful voice blared out from the machine, causing Buffy to blush and Spike to curse.

“Buff, pick up please,” Riley’s faceless voice pleaded from the recording box. “I’m so fucking sorry, really,” he continued wearily. I never meant to…..”

“Just pick up the phone, or at least call me,” Finn slurred, obviously still feeling the effects of the beer consumption from earlier.

Buffy stood, her head hung down and shoulders slumped. It wasn’t so much that she felt sorry for Riley, perish the thought. Rather, she felt more ashamed for him.

“I have to get these,” she stammered nervously when Spike wrapped his arms about her naked waist and tummy. She was speaking of the answering machine messages of course and Spike nodded his head, barely brushing her lips with his.

“The messages, some of them could be from mom and dad,” she offered meekly.

Although there were two messages from her mother and father; one from a telemarketer; two from Willow; the majority were from Riley himself. Riley’s messages were pretty much the same “I’m sorry, baby” or “we need to talk, baby” etc., etc.



“Well,” Buffy stammered nervously, glancing at Spike who was now visibly enraged.

“That fucking git,” Spike growled, his hands clenched into fists as his sides. “I’m gonna’ tear him a new…..”

“No, please Spike, don’t,” Buffy whimpered desperately, suddenly aware that she was half naked in her own kitchen. After she threw her arms about her bare chest, she began to weep, quietly.

Spike suddenly felt like a complete fucking git himself and he took a step closer to Buffy, just to comfort her. This caused Buffy to cry even harder and she took three steps back away from him.

“I…..” she began, but then turned and ran out of the kitchen, presumably into the living room.

Of course, he followed right behind her.

Spike caught up with Buffy somewhere between the living room couch and the stairs to the second floor of the house. When he grabbed her, he made sure to catch her about the waist and not her sweet uh, uhm, bouncing titties. After all, William Giles had been raised a gentleman, hadn’t he?

“Let me go!” Buffy squealed between sobs.

“Not a good idea right now, pet,” Spike stated evenly in reply as he turned her to face him. He wrapped his long arms about her chilled slim shoulders and back and pulled her to his warmer body.

“Don’t cry, Princess,” he cooed softly, stroking her golden hair tenderly, “its okay, Spike’s here and I’ve got you. You don’t have to run from me, sweet, ever.”

“I can’t believe I’m standing here half naked with you, William,” Buffy choked out. “This is just going too fast, Will, too fast for me!”

“I, I don’t want you to think I’m like those other girls,” Buffy choked out, her sobs muffled into his black tee shirt. “You’ll think I’m like that nasty bitch Faith Evans, or…..”

Spike had heard enough so he placed his left index finger under her trembling chin. He pulled it, ever so gently up so their eyes could meet. The tears and look of fear in Buffy’s emerald green eyes nearly broke his heart.

“First off,” Spike began in that low, deep voice of his that Buffy loved so. “First off, you’re nothing like that nasty bitch Faith and you can consider that a compliment,” he murmured, tucking her stray lock behind her ear.

“But,” he continued with a deep sigh, “You are right about one thing; we are probably going too fast here.”

‘I can’t believe I just bloody said that!’ Spike emitted a low, derisive chuckle at his silent thought.

“You really believe that?” Buffy sniffled the question; her eyes were wide as saucers.

Spike ducked his head, briefly, then sighed again and replied, “No, don’t really believe it at all. But I know you do and that’s enough for me, sweetheart, honestly.”

Buffy shivered at William’s words; her whole body just shook all over. However, this time it wasn’t from the cold that was for sure.

“Thanks, Will,” she whispered as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Look,” Spike said, careful not to look at Buffy’s lovely little bare breasts. “Why don’t I just stay here tonight, out here in the living room? I don’t like the idea of Finn maybe showing up here tonight, with your folks away and all and…..”

“Riley thinks my folks ‘are’ here, Will,” Buffy mumbled softly. “But I would like you to stay, out here of course,” she quickly added pointing at the couch.

Her little face was flushed a bright, pretty shade of pink that just melted Spike’s heart again. He grinned at her and kissed the tip of her funny little nose.

“Why don’t you go wash your pretty face and get your pjs on, sweetheart,” he suggested. “I’ll find your mum’s linen closet and get a set of sheets and blankets, yeah?”

Buffy smiled prettily at him and nodded her head; her arms still covered her bare breasts. “Pull out two sets of bedding Will,” she called back to him before bounding up the stairs to her bedroom.

“Two sets?” Spike asked a bit confused by her request.

“Yeah, I want to sleep out here too, on the love seat. You take the couch. Remember Will?” Buffy asked from her spot where she had stopped about midway up on the stairway.

“When we were kids and we’d play camping out in the back yard and all. Since it’s too cold to camp out in the backyard and well, since I have that nosy neighbor. I thought we could set up camp in here and relive old times!” Buffy finished with a little giggle.

Spike’s heart skipped three beats and then began to race into overdrive. Buffy had her back to him and was looking over her shoulder at him. She had never seemed so lovely before to Spike and he felt like singing, right there at the bottom of the Summers’ stairway.

“We can do that, Princess,” he murmured as he watched her nearly skip up the rest of the stairway to the top floor. “We can surely do that,” he repeated with a happy smile.

The next morning, bright and early, Buffy piled Spike into her Mustang and dropped him off at his house. Her nosy neighbor was none the wiser, especially since Spike had discreetly ducked down in the passenger seat of the car.

Before they got to the Giles’ home, the couple stopped for a quick breakfast at a Coffee All Star Café. What Spike and Buffy had not covered in conversation through the previous night, they more then made up for at the café?

Buffy needed to adjust to not being with Riley and then there was that other pesky problem. She would have to inform her folks that she was through with Riley Finn and they’d be seeing something of William Giles around again.

“I’ll call you tonight, Princess,” Spike informed Buffy as he slipped out of the car. “I want to take you out, to a nice place this week or weekend, yeah?”

“Okay,” Buffy replied shyly with another blush. “I’ll talk to you tonight then.”

As it turned out, Spike did indeed call her that evening, but she had not had time to discuss her breakup with Riley. At least with her mom and dad that is.

Buffy agreed to go for coffee with Spike on Wednesday and they would meet there. This, Buffy felt, gave her enough time to inform her family of her breakup with Riley. Not to mention her apparently blossoming relationship with Spike Giles.


Monday at school was relatively calm for Buffy, thank God. Riley had opted to stay away from school that day so she didn’t have to deal with that whole uncomfortable scene.

Spike had sought Buffy out, first thing Monday and insisted on walking her to every class. Even the ones they did not share together. If any of their close friends at school noticed this new closeness between Summers and Giles; they said nothing about it. Publicly that is.

Buffy had some cheerleading stuff to do after school; something she was not looking forward to at all. She had been pleasantly surprised when even Cordelia and Harmony did not harass her about the Riley breakup thingy.

Apparently Anya Jenkins had gone all over school that very day, telling everyone just what a prick Riley Finn really was and defending Buffy. Cordelia had mentioned how torn up Riley was about the whole thing, but Buffy would not be dissuaded. She merely replied with a sincere ‘good’ and left it at that.

The subject did not come up again during the cheerleading meeting and Buffy was grateful. After the meeting, Buffy packed up her school things and headed home in her Mustang. If she went just the speed limit, she’d make it in time for dinner with the family and that put off discussion with them.

As she pulled up in front of her house, Buffy could swear she saw Spike’s DeSoto headed away from it. He was near the opposite end of the block and Buffy fought the urge to follow after him.

‘What the heck was he doing here?’ She asked herself as she gingerly parked the car and headed into the house via the back door.

Dawn Summers sat on the kitchen counter top, her legs dangled down in front of her. The younger girl munched on an apple, apparently oblivious to the arrival of her older sister.

“Dawn,” Buffy stammered as she tossed her keys into the caddy catcher that sat in the kitchen nook. “Was Spike Giles here?”

“Umhmmmm,” Dawn mumbled between bites of the fugi apple in her hand.

“Okay Dawn Summers, spill it,” Buffy ordered impatiently; she fought the urge to tear the half eaten apple from her sister’s hand.

“Oh, alright,” Dawn grunted indifferently, or so it seemed. “Yeah, Spike ‘was’ here,” the dark haired girl continued with a shoulder shrug. “He talked to mom and dad and I wasn’t invited to hear,” Dawn finished with a childish pout.

“Why?” Buffy asked the air instead of the child who had hopped down from the counter and sauntered to the kitchen door.

“Beats me,” Dawn offered with a mischievous giggle. “Guess you’ll have to ask mom and dad, huh?” Dawn burst into peals of laughter and scampered out of the kitchen before Buffy could catch her.

“Brat!” Buffy growled after her sister. She took a deep breath and headed into the family den where she knew her mother and father would be.

Hank Summers sat on his favorite chair, a martini in his right hand and his head leaned back. Joyce Summers sat across from him on the camel colored leather divan; a glass of wine in her right hand. Only, she was leaned forward as if to hear everything her husband had to say.

“Mom, Dad,” Buffy called from the den door, “did Spike, I mean William Giles come to talk to you?”

“Yes,” Hank grunted simply as he took a quick sip of his martini.

“Oh,” Buffy mumbled under her breath. She stood in the door, backpack in hand, watching her parents with a leary eye.

“Honey, come sit down,” Joyce ordered quietly and reached out to her oldest daughter.

Buffy did as she was told after she dropped the backpack onto the floor next to the divan. She plopped down next to her mother and eyed her father, warily.

“William came to talk with dad and me,” Joyce began seriously; however the quick smile on her mouth gave away her secret mirth.

“About what?” Buffy asked in what she hoped was a non-chalant tone. ‘If he told them about Riley hitting me,’ she thought suddenly a bit pissed off, ‘I’ll…..’

Hank interrupted her silent inner conversation.

“William Giles came here to ask me something, Buffy,” her father replied in a somber tone.

Buffy didn’t miss the slight quirk of a smile that graced her dad’s handsome mouth. His brown eyes shone with some giddy emotion that Buffy couldn’t name.

“Well?” Buffy sighed as she leaned back into the divan and crossed her arms over her chest.

“William came to ask your dad if he could ‘court’ you, honey,” Joyce offered. “That was the word he used, wasn’t it Hank? Court?”

Buffy nearly leapt up from the divan; her eyes wide with shock. “How dare he do such a thing,” she screeched loudly. She glanced about the den, wildly looking for something to throw something at!

“Now wait a minute Buffy,” Hank began, “the young man just wanted to talk with your mom and I. I wouldn’t say he was really asking me permission to date you and all. He just…..”

“Has everyone forgotten that this is the 21st Century?” Buffy asked; her mouth agape. “He has no right to come here and…..”

This time Joyce Summers interrupted her daughter’s tirade.

“I don’t think he meant any harm or insult to you, honey,” Joyce began patiently. “So calm those 21st Century feminist feathers of yours down and listen for once. Frankly,” she continued with a chuckle, “I find it quite romantic in an old-fashioned sort of way.”

“Romantic?” Buffy grumbled. “Did Daddy make up a contract and offer my dowry tonight or…..”

“Now wait a minute kiddo.” Hank sat his drink down on the end table and eyed his eldest with a cool eye. “Let’s get something clear here. I told William, or Spike as he’s called now, that you see who you want to, socially that is. Your mother and I have no say in who you date, you know that. Spike Giles just wanted to lay his cards out on the table here. I’m with your mother in this. I feel it was a rather romantic gesture and speaks volumes about the kind of young man Spike is.”

Buffy slumped back down on the divan in defeat. Actually, she did think it was rather romantic, in an old-fashioned way, for Spike to come here and talk to her parents about seeing her socially.

“So,” Buffy began murmured, her eyes focused on her father, “you’re okay with Spike and me dating? I mean, let’s face it, he’s 180 degrees from Riley Finn and…..”

“Like I told William, well, uhm Spike,” Hank shrugged as he clasped the martini in his hand once again. “You are eighteen-years-old and quite capable of making these decisions for yourself. Besides Buffy,” her father hesitated, “it’s not like I ever really liked Riley Finn, you know?”

“Dad and I never much cared for Riley,” Joyce came to her husband’s rescue. “We always felt that Riley Finn was well, I don’t know how to put this; a bit full of…..”

“Shit,” Hank mumbled into his martini glass; his dark eyes again danced with merriment.

“Hank!” Joyce gasped in mock shock. “You shouldn’t talk that way in front of…..”

“I’m sure Buffy is fully aware how full of shit her ex-boyfriend is darling,” Hank chuckled.

“I see,” Buffy muttered in response. “So you don’t have a problem with Spike’s name; his panache for wearing black and that bleached blond hair of his?” She stared dead on into her dad’s eyes; noted the grin on his mouth that caused her to scowl, briefly.

“Oh that,” Hank grunted with a wave of his free hand, “everyone goes through that ‘rebel without a cause’ stage. I did; so did your mother.”

“Oh come on, you two?” Buffy hmphed with a roll of her large green eyes.

“Didn’t mom ever tell you how we really met?” Hank asked Buffy. The smirk on his mouth was almost, well, wicked Buffy thought.

“In college,” Buffy blurted quickly. “You guys met in college, right Mom?” She glanced, hopefully at her mother and was less then relieved when Joyce just shrugged her shoulders slightly.

“Well, we did meet while we were both attending Sunnydale University,” Hank began. “However, we didn’t actually meet on campus,” he continued mischievously.

“Mom?” Buffy looked at her mother, her idol, with wide green eyes. “Is this going to end well,” she asked the elder Summers’ woman.

“Probably not. Well it ended well for your dad and I, but the circumstances we met under weren’t really orthodox,” Joyce replied honestly.

Joyce leaned back against the divan seat and sipped her cabernet. She smiled, lovingly, at her husband of nearly twenty years.

“I think you’d better enlighten her dear,” Joyce stated with a mock toast to Hank.

“My pleasure,” Hank chuckled and actually blew his wife a kiss.

“Your mom was quite a hottie then; still is really,” Hank said sincerely. He broke out into a wide smile when both of his girls blushed in embarrassment.

“Mom wasn’t quite twenty, but I was over twenty-one when I worked in the Bronze. Yup, the Bronze was there, even in the eighties,” he grunted proudly.

“It wasn’t an underage club then, of course,” he continued, “but your mom found a way to sneak in. Word had it,” Hank whispered conspiratorially; he winked at Joyce and Buffy. “Word had it that she had the warmies (we called it that in the 80’s) for the drummer of the alternative band that played there.”

“I think I’m gonna’ hurl,” Buffy grumbled. She could feel herself turning green, but she held her own so her dad could finish the story.

“Your mom snuck in the club with, prepare yourself, Margaret Walsh. They were the hottest chicks in the place that night,” he sighed in pleasure, remembering the whole scene. “Actually, your mother was always the hottest chick and….”

“Dad, please,” Buffy muttered; her face was bright red in embarrassment.

“Well, your mother snuck in to meet the spike-haired drummer of the band and well, she…..” Hank’s voice trailed off. He seemed suddenly distant for some reason.

“Let me guess. The drummer turned out to be an ass; you, Daddy stepped in and saved the day. Mom fell instantly in love with you and the rest is Summers’ history…..”

It was Buffy’s turn to halt in the middle of her sentence. Her mother had stood up and flopped down onto her father’s lap. The older couple snuggled into each other and Buffy felt like she was an interloper. Someone that was spying on a very private; personal moment between two lovers.

“No,” Joyce whispered as she nuzzled Hank’s neck. “Actually, I did end up with the drummer of the band. Your dad ‘was’ the drummer of the band, honey.”

“No way,” Buffy gasped in disbelief.

“Way,” Hank and Joyce retorted gleefully. Their faces were alight with a secret joy that Buffy could only hope to someday attain.

“After we met,” he continued, “I settled down; settled in and asked your mom to marry me within six months. Then the rest of ‘that’ is Summers’ family history,” Hank finished smugly.

Buffy stood up, slowly and made her way to her father’s favorite easy chair. She leaned over and kissed her father on his forehead and her mother on her cheek.

“Thanks,” Buffy murmured softly before she turned and headed up the stairs to her room.

Buffy dialed Spike’s home phone number and prayed that he would answer. She was delighted when he did.

“Hello Princess,” Spike began tentively. He had been a bit unsure about his move to talk to Hank. Buffy could be high-spirited and he had been worried that…..

“You are amazing,” Buffy stated evenly before he could say another word.

“You’re not mad?” Spike asked carefully. “I wasn’t sure if I should ask your dad if…..”

“Not at all,” Buffy replied honestly. “That was an incredibly romantic thing to do and I’ll never forget it Will. Never.”

“So. It’s coffee on Wednesday then?” Spike asked in relief.

“Oh, it is definitely coffee on Wednesday,” Buffy replied evenly. “And if you like, it can be dinner and a movie on Friday.”


A/N: This chapter nearly kicked my ass for a lot of reasons. I truly hope it was worth the wait.

I also hope it did not offend any independent women. It wasn’t meant to. I just like to incorporate certain ‘William’ aspects of Spike’s character to the plot line.

Thank you, thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Act II: Scene V: 'Can't Seem To Help Myself Around You!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for your patience with me.
I hope this chapter is enjoyable; it kicked my butt to write it and post it.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act II; Scene V:


Summary: Spike and Buffy officially go public with Spuffy!
On their first date, our couple comes to a decision about their next one!

Later on, Riley shows up to harass Buffy who is all alone at the time. Will a white knight come to her rescue?


A/N: Please read this A/N because I really, really mean this from the bottom of my heart: This chapter (since this is a high school fic) is dedicated to the incredibly brave educators of our wonderful children.

Please bear with me and let me explain: I audited my freshman daughter’s Science class today, 3/27/06. Tomorrow I get the pleasure of auditing her English class (oh yay!) My oldest daughter who is 25 taught 7th and 8th graders when she was a mere lass of 21. I thought I empathized with teachers because of her, but OMG; after today! Heck I had no idea what noble creatures the educators of America really were.

Well, let me say this; God Bless the teachers of this land and the entire globe. I salute you oh educators of the children because I certainly couldn’t do it. Your bravery in the line of academia apocalypse is what epics are made of! I dedicate this chapter to you; the teachers of the world!


Act II; Scene V: ‘Can’t Seem To Help Myself Around You!’



Buffy kind of floated in a pleasant daze through Tuesday at school; then spaced out totally through Wednesday morning. When lunchtime rolled around, she followed Willow into the cafeteria, only to be met by Spike and Oz right inside the door.

“How’s my girl?” Spike asked Buffy warmly; he reached out and took her small warm hand in his.

“Just fine now,” Buffy replied honestly as she allowed him to lead her to the food line. Spike’s deep voice and words sent a shiver of pleasure through Buffy’s body.

Buffy was delighted to see Oz take Willow’s hand in his and follow Spike and her to the lunch line. From what Willow had told Buffy, the two red heads had become nearly inseparable in the last few days. This pleased Buffy immensely and she had never seen either Willow or Oz look so happy in ages.

“How about you let me buy you lunch, sweetheart,” Spike asked almost shyly. He gently pulled her along to the long line of teens that waited to order and purchase the generic food the cafeteria had to offer.

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat or two when she saw the boyish look in Spike’s beautiful blue eyes.

‘He’s so damned sweet,’ Buffy reminded herself and this endeared Spike to her even more.

“Thanks, I’d like that,” she replied in her silky soft voice; a sweet smile on her mouth. It sent a shiver of pleasure through Spike’s body.

The couple was so wrapped up in each other; they did not notice the odd looks they were getting from the other students at their various tables. Riley Finn had returned to school by that very Wednesday morning. At the moment, Riley sat at the regular ‘in table’ glaring at his ex-girlfriend and her new male companion.

To say that Riley shot angry glares at both Spike and Buffy would be an understatement. The star basketball player and football team captain was past angry; he was enraged at Buffy’s open act of treason towards him. His hatred for Spike had grown even more in the last few days and had festered until he could no longer think straight or logically.

Riley Finn was an emotional volcano waiting to erupt, that much was for sure. He was just biding his time for the opportune moment to get Buffy alone and confront her about her recent betrayal.

Once he had straightened Buffy out, Riley would corner Spike and beat the shit out of him! How dare that low-life freak, William Giles touch Riley’s precious Buffy?

Spike and Buffy had a class together Wednesday afternoon and they made arrangements to switch seats with a student to sit next to each other. Unfortunately, Riley also had the same class with them and he continued to glare at the couple throughout the period.

Both Spike and Buffy seemed oblivious to Riley’s murderous stares as they paid attention to the teacher and each other. Neither one of them allowed anyone else to distract them from the other.

“Pick you up at 7:00 sharp?” Spike murmured in Buffy’s warm little ear. His voice was velvety rich; like rich warm silk as he dropped her off at her house. He had insisted on taking her to school that day and driving her home.

“That’s fine,” Buffy whispered breathily when Spike placed a quick but sweet kiss on her lips.

They were standing on the Summers’ front porch, content in the knowledge that no one was home at this time. Tonight was the night that Spike and Buffy would go on their first official date; even if was just out for coffee.

It really didn’t matter though, since Spike had already asked Buffy out to dinner and a movie on this coming Friday. Of course she accepted, gleefully, and had even picked out the outfit she would wear.

Buffy seemed to be walking on air for the last few days and if the truth be told, so was Spike. Things had gone well at school for both of the young people; well except for when Riley had passed Buffy in the hallway and sneered at her.

‘His loss,’ Buffy had told herself at the time; she turned her nose up at her ex and hurried on to her locker. That had been at the end of the day and Spike was waiting, patiently at the locker for her.

“Be home late,” Buffy cried happily as she skipped out of the front door of her home. Spike followed behind; he did go into the Summers’ house, after all, to pick up his girl for their first date.

“Not too late honey,” Joyce Summers called out in reply.

Spike opened the passenger side of the DeSoto and helped Buffy into it. He hopped into the driver’s side and was pleased when his girl slid over to his side of the car. It was a good thing that Spike was left-handed, because his right arm was wrapped about Buffy’s slim little shoulder as he drove.

The couple pulled into the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf parking lot. When they slipped inside the cozy shop, Buffy was happy to see Oz and Willow already there, holding a booth for them.

The two couples talked, laughed and drank a gallon of coffee between them. At exactly 10:00 PM, Willow announced she had to go home.

Willow Rosenberg was not quite eighteen yet and her parents were hard-nosed about her curfew hour. Actually, the red haired girl was supposed to be on her front porch by 10:00 PM and now she would already be late.

The Rosenbergs would not be too happy about Willow breaking her curfew tonight. Oz and Willow’s relationship was still too new for them to be pissing off her folks. So, off the red-headed couple went after saying goodnight to Buffy and Spike.


Spike and Buffy sat in silent contentment in the front seat of his DeSoto. The old classic heap was parked on an empty bluff that looked over the Pacific Ocean.

It wasn’t Inspiration Point, of course, not the place where all the other teenaged couples hung out. Even on a non-special Wednesday night like this one.

No, this private bluff was Spike and Buffy’s alone; someplace just for them to sit and neck so no one else could see. It wasn’t because they were ashamed of their new found love together; rather it was because they wanted someplace special. A place they could call their own where the outside world could not intrude on them.

Buffy’s head lay on Spike’s right shoulder; his right arm was wrapped about her slim shoulder. The couple had just indulged in the most amazing snogging session; one which had found Spike’s hand slipped down Buffy’s sweater. His hand was cupped around her pert breast and he kneaded the lovely mound tenderly.

Spike could not keep his lips off of Buffy’s forehead, cheeks or mouth. He kept placing little kitten kisses all over every available inch of Buffy’s warm flesh.

“Spike,” Buffy murmured huskily as he buried his face into her soft golden hair. “We….” She mumbled softly; distracted by his tender kisses and his hands that gently stroked her bra covered right breast.

“Need to slow down, yeah?” Spike finished Buffy’s sentence for her. He reluctantly slid his naughty hand off of her breast and out from under her plush little sweater.

“Sorry sweet,” he rasped; his eyes half closed in shame and his head hung down. “I just can’t seem to help myself around you baby. I…..”

It was Buffy’s turn to finish his sentence for him. “You and me both.” She purred silkily even as she took his hand in hers and placed it back on her chest. This time however, it was with her sweater in between his hand and her tender right breast.

“I want you,” Spike sighed wistfully as he pulled her closer to his taught body.

“I know. I want you too Spike,” Buffy murmured in a low, shy little voice. “But, not here; not now and not like this, please,” she finished with another discontented sigh.

“I want you,” Spike repeated evenly; he placed his finger under her chin and raised her face up to meet his gaze. “But you’re right. Not here, not like this; in the front seat of a car.” He finished with a disappointed frown.

Buffy snuggled even closer into her boyfriend and buried her face into his rather comforting chest. “Thank you,” she whispered, her voice muffled by his tee shirt. “I want our first time together to be…..”

“Special,” Spike interjected quietly. He tightened the hold he had on his girl and kissed the top of her soft, warm head.

“In a big bed,” Spike continued in an almost dreamy voice. “With flower petals strewn all around you like the goddess you are." You and me naked in a big comfy bed with flowers and satin sheets, yeah,” he added hopefully.

“Yeah,” Buffy sighed in response, her head still pressed against Spike’s strong chest.

“Buffy,” Spike whimpered softly, he nuzzled her forehead with his warm lips. “Please, baby,” he continued, “Friday….can we?”

“I think we should, don’t you?” Buffy giggled mischievously into his chest. Then, she pulled back and gazed into his incredible blue eyes.

“I think Friday should be the perfect time for us, baby,” she purred seductively.

Buffy’s purely feminine smile caused Spike’s heart to skip at least three beats. He grinned down at her affectionately before he moaned into her ear, “Buffy, I lo…..,”

She cut off his heart’s confession by kissing him quickly; passionately.

“No, Will,” she murmured softly when they finally came up for air. “I want us to admit our deep feelings for each other on Friday, okay? When we…..”

This time it was Spike’s turn to cut her off at the pass, or the mouth actually. He tightened his already vice-like embrace on her and crashed his lips together with hers.

Friday seemed like a million years away to both of the young lovers.


Sadly, it was not yet Friday, but Thursday afternoon; just after Buffy’s last period of the day. She was browsing around in the school library, which was nearly empty, looking for the research book she needed. Buffy had a major report due for American History class and she wanted to do well on it.

After meandering into a particularly secluded section of the library, Buffy finally found the book she was looking for.

“I must be the only living person in this place right now, except for Rupert Giles,” Buffy muttered to herself.

“Not really,” a deep, unpleasantly familiar voice greeted her as she turned the corner of the aisle.

“Riley,” Buffy gasped nervously when she looked up to see her ex hulking way to close by her.

“Hello gorgeous,” Riley greeted evenly; a wicked sneer on his big mouth. He had positioned himself in between Buffy and her escape to freedom out of the isolated book section.

“Uhm, I need to get by, have to go check this out,” Buffy muttered with mock cheeriness. She dropped her gaze from Riley’s and tried to pass by him.

“Not so fast, babe,” Riley growled, grabbing her by the arm and yanking her back towards him.

“Riley, let me go!” Buffy hissed as she pulled her arm from his.

“We need to talk,” Riley countered in his ‘I’m the boss’ voice.

Buffy noticed just how large her ex really was, possibly for the first time since they’d met. She wondered, briefly, how she could have missed this one. Riley was glaring down at her; the look in his dark eyes was anything but loving or affectionate.

“We’ve talked,” she spat back at him, “and that didn’t work out too well!” “I need to go now!”

“Meeting bleach boy,” Riley rasped, blocking her way with his huge body yet again.

“Maybe,” Buffy mumbled; her green eyes were still focused on the book in her hand.

“Look at me!” Riley ordered the tiny blond in his drill sergeant tone.

“No,” Buffy whined. “I wanna’ go home now,” she shot Riley a determined glare and again tried to push past him.

“You know, Buff,” Riley began, undeterred in his stance, “you’re really making an ass out of yourself over Spike Giles! He’s not good enough for you and I just wanted to let you know something. I’m more then willing to take you back and all; at least you can still save face,” he finished with a smug grin.

Riley tilted his head to one side and reached out to brush Buffy’s stray lock behind her ear.

“Don’t touch me!” Buffy ordered angrily, flinching visibly at Riley’s unwanted touch.

“Spike isn’t a freak,” she continued gruffly; her green eyes danced with self-righteous indignation. “He’s ten times the man you are, Riley, and…..”

“Is everything alright Buffy dear?” Rupert Giles trusted voice interrupted Buffy’s angry tirade. The older man glanced back and forth from Buffy to Riley with a serious, concerned frown.

“Yes Giles,” Buffy murmured in relief, finally able to push past Riley and join Rupert at the end of the aisle. “Riley was just being, well, Riley,” Buffy sighed in exasperation.

“Fine,” Riley muttered harshly; although he appeared to be this side of enraged.

“I think you had better leave the library now Mr. Finn,” Rupert offered the glowering young man. “And please leave quietly,” Rupert’s fine voice was curt and unapologetic.

“Will you walk out with me then, Buffy,” Giles asked the blond girl warmly. “I want to talk to you about what time my Jenny wants you for dinner at our home, Sunday.”

Buffy smiled at her new boyfriend’s father and turned to head to the front of the library. Rupert followed closely behind her; abruptly dismissing the very angry and humiliated Riley who remained behind in the aisle.

“This isn’t over Buffy; you and me aren’t over,” Riley muttered harshly. He watched the love of his life scamper off with that blond freak’s father; his dark eyes were narrowed into mere slits. “This isn’t over by a fucking long shot!”


A/N: Well, there are definitely some hints at a future plot line in this chapter.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Act III; Scene I; 'Sweet Love' by spufette
Author's Notes:
It's been so long since I've updated anything and I hope I get this right!
Thanks for reading and please review.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Spike and Buffy finally go on their official first date…alone! The Spuffy love is here, in aces!


Act III; Scene I: ‘Sweet Love’





In the end, Buffy had pleaded with Rupert Giles not to tell his son what had happened in the school library. In the end, Rupert had listened and nothing was ever said about it.

Buffy had explained it away; making sure that Mr. Giles understood what the repercussions might be, for his son William. Riley Finn had become a stranger to Buffy; a complete unfamiliar stranger to her.

She had finally come to a startling realization about Riley; Buffy had. He had the capacity to be a rather scary, violent person and more then just a little sinister. What if Riley took off after Spike when he least expected it? Buffy could not risk that and Rupert Giles did not want to.

In the end? The whole library incident was kept between Buffy, Rupert Giles and of course, Riley Finn.

Besides, Friday evening had finally arrived and Buffy’s biggest problem now was choosing a wonderful, perfect outfit for her date with Spike. A growing pile of discarded outfits was thrown, indifferently, onto the floor of Buffy’s bedroom. Another pile of ‘maybe’ outfits was laid on her bed.

After what seemed like hours of deliberation, Buffy finally came to a decision. She chose a simple, yet classy black dress; the hem hit just above her knee and it was basic, but backless. Instead of rolling her hair up, Buffy chose to let it hang loose about her shoulders; curled a bit at the ends. Her make up was sedate, yet seductive. Not that Buffy would have to work at seducing Spike; that was definitely not going to be a problem, she had no doubt.

Spike had chosen his outfit with care and an eye for detail. He chose black dockers; a blue button down shirt and decided to let his usually slicked back hair go easy tonight. His curls were gelled into spikes

“God Buffy, you look amazing!” Spike gasped when Buffy answered her front door to him.

“You look pretty good yourself,” she giggled in response.

“Good evening William,” Joyce Summers greeted her daughter’s date evenly.

“Hello, Mrs. Summers,” Spike replied shyly as he took hold of Buffy’s tiny hand in his.

“We’ll be late,” Buffy stated with authority before she allowed Spike to lead her out of her home and to his car. As it would turn out, a truer statement was never said.


They ate their pasta; Spike and Buffy did, with the gusto that only young people have for food. It’s interesting, when you’re young like our couple; everything is so much more intense, isn’t it?

Just eating a simple meal, or holding hands while you walk together. The closeness of your lover's body to yours. It’s damn near a miraculous revelation at times.

After their delicious meal at the Italian restaurant, Spike took Buffy’s hand and led her to his car.

“The movie starts in just a moment and….” he began evenly. For some reason, Spike felt suddenly quite nervous about taking ‘his girl’ to a movie. He had no inclination why but…..

“Can we skip it Will?” Buffy asked shyly; her green eyes were half-closed; sated no, doubt, from the yummy dinner they had just finished.

“You want to go home?” Spike asked, trying hard to mask the disappointment in his voice.

“Heck no!” Buffy replied quickly. “I was wondering if we could walk on the beach or something. Would you like that Will? She asked in her coy, soft tone he loved so much. "I know the most perfect place to go," she added with a saucy giggle.


{Later that night…..}

Buffy looked up at the stars in the heavens above them and smiled at another memory. She glanced over at Spike who wasn’t staring at the sky; he was gazing, lovingly at Buffy.

They lay on a blanket he had so thoughtfully brought with him, just for this. Buffy felt like she was in heaven.

“You remember that summer evening when we came here; you know, right here and built those sand castles?” Buffy snuggled into Spike’s warm embrace and grinned up at him.

“We were having that stupid contest and…..” Buffy giggled when Spike cut her off.

“Yeah, and I lost the bloody contest,” he grumbled good-naturedly. “You were supposed to kiss me, if I won,” he mumbled. “I had to do your summer school math work for a week and…..”

“Which you did very well, thank you,” Buffy giggled in reply as she snuggled into his strong arms. “I got an ‘A’ in Intro to Algebra that summer. Never had to take the damned course again…..”

This time, Spike cut Buffy’s sentence off with a very passionate kiss.

“One plus one can equal one sometimes,” Spike murmured after he had kissed Buffy breathless. He gazed into her beautiful green eyes and smiled lovingly.

“I like this math much better then ninth grade summer school math,” Buffy replied saucily. She began to giggle wildly when Spike held her down, gently, and began to tickled her ribs and tummy.

“Buffy,” Spike whispered huskily as he leaned in to kiss her soft, pink lips. He had pinned her down into the sand, just like he had years before. Only this time, he had more on his mind then just a simple, innocent kiss.

Buffy broke from their passionate kiss and gazed into her love’s intense blue eyes.

“Say it,” she rasped desperately, even as she clung to him; their arms entwined about each other.


“Say what?” Spike asked just as desperately as he clutched Buffy closer to him, as if that were possible.

“You know what,” Buffy gasped breathlessly as Spike buried his face into her soft neck.

“Say that I love you,” Spike mumbled into the hot, pliant flesh of his love’s neck. “Tell you that I’ve loved you since the first moment I saw you so many years ago?”

“I do,” he continued gruffly as he placed soft, sweet kitten kisses on her neck and face. “I’ve loved you for so long I can’t remember not loving you,” he finished in a near whimper.

“Will,” Buffy murmured lovingly as she stroked his blond head and nuzzled her lips to his forehead.

“I love you too,” Buffy whispered honestly; she pulled his fine chin up so that his blue eyes could meet her green ones.

“I think I always have,” she mumbled her confession with the bashfulness of a maiden.

“I know I always have,” Spike confessed again. He crushed his lips onto hers and kissed her passionately. “You are my sweet love,” he murmured into her mouth.


‘Sweet Love’ (by Anita Baker)


“With all my heart I love you, baby
Stay wit me and you will see
My arms will hold, baby
Never leave, cause I believe

Chorus:
I’m in love, sweet love
Hear me calling out your name, I feel no shame
I’m in love, sweet love
Don’t you eve go away, it’ll always be this way”


“I, I don’t have any….” Spike whimpered into Buffy’s ear as he ground his growing erection into her sweet cunny.

“Doesn’t matter,” Buffy replied in a muffled voice; especially since her mouth was connected to Will’s sleek neck. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

“I’m on birth control,” she continued with feminine confidence. “Besides, Will,” she purred, “I know you’d never do anything to endanger me, or hurt me. I trust you William Giles, from the bottom of my heart. I trust you more then anyone in my life,” she admitted easily.

“Oh, God Buffy,” Spike moaned in pleasure when he felt her tiny hand snap the first button on his trousers.

“I love you Buffy, so much,” he nearly wept the words as he pulled her lovely skirt up and slipped the thong she wore aside. This gave his long fingers the access he so desperately wanted and needed to her sweet, wet cunny.

“I trust you too,” Spike whispered huskily just before he slowly thrust his shaft into Buffy’s wet, welcoming cunny. He placed slow, long kisses on her warm mouth and stroked her golden hair with his trembling hands.


“Later,” he panted into her warm ear, “later I’m going to taste you. Make you cum with my tongue and mouth,” he promised wickedly. “But first, I need to be in you, my princess,” he whimpered in need.

Spike had to smile, victoriously, when his love gasped in surprised pleasure at the size and girth of his manhood.

“I’m finally home,” Spike hissed as he began to thrust slowly in and out of his dream girl, Buffy.

“Me too,” Buffy rasped as she bucked her hips up to meet her dream man’s.


‘Sweet Love continued’

“Oh your heart has called me closer to you
I will be all that you need
Just tried to trust in what we’re feeling
Never leave, cause baby…I believe

Chorus:

In this love, sweet love
Heart me calling out your name, I feel no shame
I’m in love, sweet love
Don’t you ever go away, it’ll always be this way…”


A/N: Ahhhggg! I am so inept at writing sex scenes! Yikes! I’m thinking I should keep things PG from now on, just to avoid them!

Anyway, here’s a chapter, finally and I’m afraid that as much as Spuffy is on the rise here? There is going to be angst later.

Thanks for reading, please review and I love you all, spufette.
Act III; Scene II: 'Come To My Window' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for your reviews and for reading this. I hope to update more often on this fic.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act III; Scene II:

Summary: The one in which Spike and Buffy bask in the afterglow of their ‘first time’ together.

Buffy asks Spike to ‘come to her window’!

Dawn is curious as to Buffy’s new status as Spike’s girlfriend and the gang at school react to Spuffy!


Act III; Scene II: ‘Come To My Window’


They strolled up the long brick walkway of the Summers’ home; Spike and Buffy did. Their hands entwined between them; Buffy’s head lay on Spike’s left shoulder.

“My dad set these bricks himself you know,” Buffy murmured softly, her eyes scanned the neatly laid rows of bricks.

“I know,” Spike whispered in reply as he wrapped his arm about Buffy’s shoulder. “I came ‘round right after your Da set the cement for the bricks, Princess. Don’t you remember?”

“That’s right,” Buffy gasped in delight; she pulled away from her lover, briefly to search out something on the end of the walkway, just below the bottom front porch step.

“There,” she squealed gleefully, pointing to what she had been searching for.

Spike smiled widely when he saw what Buffy was pointing at so happily.

‘William and Buffy 4ever’ was etched in the long dried cement in fairly unobvious lettering just below the bottom layer of porch bricks. At the time, years before, Spike and Buffy had secretly sketched these words in the still wet cement that Hank Summers had toiled so laboriously over.

Buffy supposed that her parents had never discovered the secret proclamation that she and her childhood sweetheart had etched in the wet cement. She probably would have been grounded for a year if her daddy had found out they had written these immortal words in his precious home improvement project.

“I bet you forgot about that,” Buffy whispered, her green eyes still focused on the inscription.

“Never forgot it,” Spike mumbled shyly before he pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed her passionately on her pink, kiss-swollen lips.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy panted as she kissed him back. “I can’t believe that you remember all of this. It’s just so…..”

“Romantic?” He paused from the snogging to gaze at her with a raised left brow.

“Romantic,” she sighed dreamily in reply.

Spike pulled his little treasure up so that her luscious lips could meet his once again.

“I hate for this night to end,” he muttered huskily as he kissed Buffy non-stop for what seemed like an hour.

Buffy broke from their passionate kissing to remind him that the ‘night’ was far over and it was now near 2:30 AM the next morning. Buffy was all about practicality at times and now seemed to warrant this.

“Oh,” Spike mumbled between new kisses. “It seems……”

“Come up, tonight, to my window,” Buffy commanded in a voice left near breathless by Spike’s endless kisses.

“What?” He asked a bit confused, yet intrigued at the same time. “How?” He inquired quickly, even as he eyed the old oak tree in front of the Summers’ home. It did grow up, conveniently, to what Spike to be Buffy’s bedroom window on the second floor.

“Make a big deal out of leaving, after I go inside,” Buffy whispered in her best conspiracy tone. “Then park the car around the corner and walk back here,” she continued secretively.

“Climb up the tree,” she pointed at the sturdy oak, “and I’ll leave my window open so…..”

“See you in five minutes,” Spike rasped before claiming her lips with his in one ‘last’ kiss.

Buffy let herself into her silent house; her parents and little sister long asleep hours ago. Ever since she had turned eighteen, officially, Hank and Joyce Summers had let up on their late night watch for her.

‘They’ll have to do it all again over Dawn,’ Buffy thought to herself with a mischievous smirk. She suddenly felt a bit sad knowing that she probably wouldn’t be around to witness this part of the Summers’ home life.

Buffy quietly slipped upstairs and past Dawn’s open bedroom door. As she passed the younger Summers girl’s room, Buffy glanced inside at the sleeping child.

Dawn lay sleeping the sleep of innocents; so sound and secure in the knowledge that she was loved and protected in this house. Buffy crept past Dawn’s room and made it to her own; silently closing the door behind her.

With super speed, Buffy stripped down out of her date clothes and hurried to her private bathroom. She washed her body with a cloth and vanilla soap gel; then brushed her teeth. Then she combed out her golden hair and scurried back into her room. After locking her bedroom door, she sprayed her bare body with her favorite body spray. One she knew Spike would just love on her.

Exactly seven minutes from the time she had slunk into her house to now, a soft, tentative knock came at Buffy’s bedroom window.


‘Come To My Window’ (by Melissa Etheridge)


Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light of the moon
Come to my window
I’ll be home soon

I would dial the numbers
Just to listen to your breath
I would stand inside my hell
And hold the hand of death

(okay, so can’t you just see Spike
Doing this for Buffy?!!)

You don’t know how far I’d go
To ease this precious ache
You don’t know much I’d give
Or how much I can take

Just to reach you
Just to reach you
Oh to reach you

Come to my window
Crawl inside, wait by the light of the moon
Come to my window
I’ll be home soon!


“Come in Spike,” Buffy panted as she lifted her window up from the bottom.

“I thought you’d never ask,” he replied in a husky, need filled voice as he crawled through her window hastily.

“We just need to be really, really quiet,” Buffy whispered anxiously eyeing the alarm clock on her end table. “I’ll set my alarm to wake up both up before Mom and Dad wake up and start their day,” she added somberly.

“If you want me to go,” Spike began even if his heart wasn’t in it.

“No,” Buffy gasped in near shock. “I couldn’t let you go,” she finished shyly.

“Good,” Spike chuckled. He took stock of his girl’s rather naked condition and gently pushed her back to her bed.

“Cos’ I don’t think I could go; even on threat of death from your dad,” she mumbled as he lay her down on the soft bedding.

They made love, quickly, desperately and then fell asleep in each other’s arms.

True to her word, Buffy had locked her bedroom door and set her alarm to wake them before the rest of the house.

Spike groaned in defiance when the little alarm clock went off, but he slipped out of Buffy’s warm bed, just as he should, reluctantly. He quickly dressed while Buffy watched him with a sad little pout on her pretty mouth.

“I wish you didn’t have to go baby,” Buffy whispered sadly.

“Me too,” Spike sighed in reply as he pulled his shirt on and buttoned it up.

“But I don’t think your Dad would take too kindly to me bein’ here; like this. Your mother would probably shoot me,” he added with a wicked smirk.

“Yeah,” Buffy muttered absently. She looked at him, longingly, causing Spike to drop down on the bed next to her once again.

He took her in his arms and nuzzled her soft, warm head with his hungry lips.

“I wish we could be like this, together for always baby,” Spike mumbled against Buffy’s head. “Wakin’ up together and all,” he sighed wistfully.

“Maybe someday,” Buffy murmured lovingly, nuzzling her mouth against his sleek neck.

“I love you Buffy; love you so much,” Spike whispered into her warm little ear.

“I know you do and I love you William,” Buffy responded dreamily. Then…..

“You should go,” Buffy sighed sorrowfully.

“Yeah,” Spike replied quite unconvincingly. He kissed her one last time and slipped out of her bedroom window.


Buffy lay back down in her now lonely bed and cuddled up face into her pillow. It still smelled of Spike; that distinct masculine smell of his that made her crazy wild in lust…..and love.


Spike drove to his house, just after the last new rays of the sunrise broke over Sunnydale. His whole car was permeated with the sweet, seductive aroma of Buffy and it was driving him crazy with lust…..and love.


Buffy stumbled out of her bed, well past 10:00 AM that morning, her head full of pleasant memories of the night before. That and the early morning hours spent in Spike’s strong arms.

She hummed a simple tune as she showered in her favorite vanilla bath gel and shampoo. As she towel dried her damp body, Buffy wondered what Spike was up to, right at that very moment.

Spike Giles, at 10:00 AM that fine morning was still sound asleep. Exhausted, no doubt, from the amazing love making he had done with Buffy the night before…and that early morning!


When Buffy slipped down for breakfast, she noticed that her mother and father were obviously absent. Dawn stood over the stove and appeared to be cooking some kind of pancakes for their breakfast.

“They went to church,” Dawn mumbled, still half-asleep for some reason.

“Oh,” Buffy mumbled in a trance-like daze. She did make it to the fridge to grab a carton of orange juice for her and Dawnie.

“Buff,” Dawn began with shy hesitation, “can I ask you something?”

“Sure Dawnie,” Buffy yawned non-chalantly as she poured the juice into two large tumblers.

“Do you love Spike?” Dawn asked quietly, her blue eyes were focused on the pancakes she had ladled out onto plates for the both of them.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied evenly, “I do believe I love him, Dawn.”


“Okay, that’s of the good,” Dawn sighed in relief, happily pouring massive amounts of syrup over her own pancakes. “I wouldn’t want you to have sex with a guy if you didn’t at least ‘like’ him a lot and…..”

“Dawn!” Buffy gasped in shock as she dropped her fork onto the kitchen floor. “I can’t believe you said that!” She made a quick move to retrieve the fork and avoid the knowing stare of her very young sister.

“Oh, I said it all right,” Dawn giggled mischievously. “I do have ears you know,” she continued with a childish shrug. “I heard you and Spike doing the nasty this morning. Oh, don’t worry, I won’t tell Mom and Dad, promise,” she added before she shoved a mouthful of pancake, butter and syrup into her smirking mouth.

Buffy, for once, was absolutely speechless.


If April is the cruelest month of the year; then Monday is the cruelest day of the week. This was for certain. For students of every grade and workers of every age; Monday was the cruelest day of the week!

Buffy drove her car to school and flounced out of the driver’s seat; her blond hair bouncing with each step she took to her first class.

When she got to her homeroom class, Buffy was not in the least surprised to spy Spike there, waiting for her. That patent sexy smirk of his plastered on his handsome mouth.

“See you in?” Spike asked lazily as he gently played with Buffy’s long blond hair.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Buffy giggled gleefully, taking his hand and pulling him into her homeroom class.


It was Anya Jenkins that was the first to brazenly speak the obvious.

“You are so a couple,” Anya chuckled wickedly, taking Buffy by the arm and pulling her into an empty cafeteria chair at lunch.

“Well, yeah,” Buffy replied a bit sheepishly. “I guess we are and…..”

“Guess you are?” Willow cackled gleefully, flopping down on the seat next to Anya and Buffy.

“You so are a couple; you and Spike!” Willow acknowledged, quite unnecessarily. The red head beamed her approval at Buffy and grinned at Anya.

“Xander will be thrilled,” Anya blurted out as she stole one of Willow’s greasy fries. “He’s begun to think that Riley Finn is a first class prick,” she added before she took a sip of Willow’s soda.

“Yeah,” Willow grunted with a nod of her red head, “Oz says that Spike’s so in love with you that he’s walking around with his head in the clouds,” she explained, again, unnecessarily.

“Oh really?” Buffy asked rather non-chalantly herself, grabbing one of Willow’s community fries and munching it down quickly.

“Really!” Anya and Willow cried in unison.

Buffy spied Spike as he sauntered into the cafeteria, Oz and Doyle in tow behind him.

“Let’s test that,” Buffy whispered secretively, standing up to be noticed and accounted for by her new lover.

Spike wasted no time in strolling straight over to Buffy and taking her in his arms; right there in front of God and the Sunnydale cafeteria crew.

“Missed you,” he whispered sincerely, placing a tender kiss on Buffy’s pink glossed lips.

“Missed you,” she countered coyly, kissing him back affectionately.

The entire mass of patrons in the Sunnydale High School cafeteria were completely silent; for once. Sitting in stunned awe, no doubt, at the life-altering turn of events playing out right before their teenage eyes!


A/N: I hope this chapter was worth the wait. I always thought that ‘Come To My Window’ was a perfect song for Spike and Buffy!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Act III; Scene III: 'A Devised Dastardly Plot Begins' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hope you read and enjoy!

Oh crud! I just realized something...yikes. There is a faux pas in this chapter and I'm going to try and correct it!
Sorry.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Buffy faces up to the gossip at school about her new boyfriend. She’s quite a little spitfire, our Buffy when she wants to be!

A hint at a dastardly ‘plot’ between some characters in the story. Will Buffy survive whatever it is these evil menaces are devising???

Buffy has supper with the Giles and some interesting facts come out!


Act III; Scene III: ‘A Devised Dastardly Plot Begins’


“Buffy, I can’t believe it! You’re actually dating Spike Giles!” Cordelia Chase was tugging at Buffy’s slim arm and snapping her gum at the same time.

‘Gee, who knew Cordy could two things at once?’ Buffy thought snarkily. The little blond immediately felt like shit; Cordy was her friend and she shouldn’t be so damned judgemental.

“So Riley was right…right?” Anya chimed in blatantly pulling Cordelia away from Buffy and stepping in between them. “You’ve been getting orgasms from Spike for a while?” Anya grinned wickedly and patted Buffy on the back.

“Yes and no,” Buffy replied non-chalantly as she shrugged her slim shoulders. They were, the three girls, standing in the line at the tennis courts of Sunnydale High. It was fifth period and Buffy, Anya and Cordelia had PE class together.

At the moment, Mrs. Walsh, the PE teacher, was showing the female students how to do a proper overhand serve. Of course sense Buffy was a very adept tennis player; as was Cordelia, they were totally blowing off the instructions and gossiping between themselves.

Right at the moment, Harmony Kendall was snaking her way over to Buffy; her buddy Kendra in tow.

“I can’t believe that you, Buffy Summers, dumped a hottie like Riley Finn for a freak; a complete social retard like Spike Giles!” Harmony cackled much like a banty hen.

“Okay,” Buffy hissed, well past polite patience by this time, “nobody talks about my Spike like that!”

Buffy nearly leapt at Harmony; her pink, well manicured fingernails bared like a momma lion’s claws!

“Well, just maybe Spike treats Buffy right,” Cordelia crowed gleefully as she blocked Buffy’s assault on Harmony. “Maybe he’s the guy that Buffy needs, right Anya?”

“Yeah,” Anya spat as she placed herself between Buffy, Harmony and Cordelia. “Could be that Spike gives Buffy the orgasms she so desperately needs while Riley couldn’t…..”

“Okay,” Buffy sighed after taking a deep, calming breath. “That’s enough dudettes,” she motioned to Cordelia and Anya. The two cheerleaders followed Buffy as she led the way off of the tennis courts.

“Harmony,” Buffy muttered as she turned to the other blond ditz once again. “I wouldn’t be too quick to judge anyone about being a freak, etc. Besides,” Buffy added sarcastically, “you’re not one to talk. Your last nose job and hair bleach job didn’t exactly turn out right. Who’s the freak now?”

Buffy, Cordy and Anya burst into simultaneous laughter and walked off from the unusually speechless Harmony. Kendra, Harmony’s best friend, stifled a smirk behind her hand.

“Are you laughing at me!?!” Harmony shrieked at the tall, lovely Kendra.

“No,” Kendra lied; covering her deep chuckle. “Okay, yeah,” she added quickly. “Your hair does look like real shit, Harmony. Oh, and if I were your folks? I’d ask for a refund on the last nose job…it’s…..”

Too late, Harmony had fled from Kendra after bursting into tears. She rushed off to the gym lockers, intent on blowing off the rest of the day and getting away from her so called friends as soon as possible.

Buffy headed towards her locker after her last class of the day; not too surprised to find Spike waiting for her there. She immediately fell into his welcoming embrace and returned his ardent kiss.

“What’s on for after school then?” Spike asked with a large grin. “How about a little ‘workout’ in the…..”

“Oh You!” Buffy hissed, but she smiled just as wide as Spike did and tousled his perfectly combed back hair. Buffy hadn’t missed Spike’s double innuendo, but that was okay.

Buffy shut her locker and the couple headed out to the courtyard of Sunnydale High School; their arms wrapped about each other. They were so wrapped up in each other, that neither Spike nor Buffy noticed Riley and Harmony watching them.

Riley nearly growled with rage when he saw ‘his’ girl go off with that blond freak. He had run into Harmony Kendall right after the fiasco at the gym field and the poor girl had explained everything that had happened ‘word for word’ by the tennis courts.

To say that Riley was furious would be an understatement and Harmony was smarting from Buffy’s insults.

“Yeah,” Riley muttered under his breath as he tried to ignore Harmony’s pathetic sniffles. “Both of them are gonna’ pay,” he spat in a harsh, unforgiving tone.


Samantha sidled up to Riley; shot a murderous look at Harmony and cooed; “Something wrong Finn?”

‘What the fuck is going on here,’ Samantha asked silently as she glared at the biggest bimbo at Sunnydale. Harmony was a skanky bitch at best and….

“Nothing,” Riley grunted as stormed off from the two females. He never even looked back at the two fuming young women.

“Its that little bitch, Buffy,” Harmony hissed as she wiped her tears from her cheeks. “She’s such a fucking little primma donna!”

‘Like you’re not,’ Sam snorted to herself. The blond next to her was the biggest snob in school.

“Yeah, she’s a fucking bitch all right,” Samantha verbalized. “She needs to be knocked down a dozen pegs or so.”

“Yeah, she does,” Harmony muttered angrily. “You know,” she began carefully. “I think I know just how we could do that Sammy sweetie. Come on,” Harmony hissed as she grabbed Samantha by the arm and dragged her down the hall.

Samantha, confused as she was, couldn’t know that Harmony was in search of one Faith; school skank.


Buffy sat at the Giles’ dining room table, nervously eating her supper and sipping water. As much as she loved Rupert and Jenny Giles, Buffy felt a little ‘odd’ in this big old quiet house.

The Giles were so sophisticated, or so Buffy felt and she seemed out of place here. Even though Spike shot her gleeful, wicked smirks now and then; between bites of his mother’s pot roast.

“I understand that you’ve been accepted at USC Buffy,” Rupert mumbled between bites of his peas. “That’s quite exceptional, eh son?” The older man gave Spike his patent raised brow expression; the one his son had come by naturally.

“Yeah, it’s great dad,” Spike muttered, suddenly at a loss of appetite. Spike was already sensitive about the fact that Buffy might go away to college. His father didn’t need to broadcast it for God sake!

“I’m seriously considering Sunnydale University,” Buffy replied evenly as she asked Jennifer for another roll. “My major would be Liberal Arts and Sunnydale U. is up to snuff in that regard,” she added quickly as she buttered the sesame bun in her hand.

“Yes,” Rupert hummed as he stirred his potatoes on his plate and eyed his only son suspiciously. “It is true,” he continued, “Sunnydale has a good Liberal Arts program and of course, William ‘will’ be going there. Right Will?”

“Yes Dad,” Spike grumbled, “I’m planning on Sunnydale U to start. Their Architectural program is as good as any and we do have the financial situation to think of and…..”

“I think William is brilliant,” Buffy interjected suddenly, quite animated. The girl could barely sit still in her seat and her green eyes lit up as she talked of her boyfriend’s intelligence.

“He’s just incredibly brilliant,” she repeated with a grin at Rupert and Jennifer Giles and a saucy little wink at Spike.

“I think Will could go to any college in the country and he’d be an asset to them,” Buffy continued, merrily licking the gravy from her fork. “Sunnydale U. would be lucky to have him and yes, I’ve made up my mind,” she gushed. “I’m going to Sunnydale too. I wouldn’t want to be too far from Will, would I?”

“No,” Spike’s mother chuckled as she swept the bowl of potatoes up from the table and ladled a spoonful onto her plate. “I imagine you wouldn’t want to be too far from William,” Jenny finished with a knowing smile at the young woman she was sure would be her future daughter-in-law.


A/N: This was supposed to be a funny, fluffy little chapter to keep things going. However, there is something afoot between Samantha, Faith and Harmony. I’m going to drop a hint: Riley will be getting involved too and the results will be tragic.

Now, I’m probably spoiling this but I do want to relieve any fears about Spike. ‘He’s’ not going to do something stupid like hurt Buffy, so don’t worry. This conspiracy of the four idiots is going to be more ominous then causing some jealousy for our couple.

Anyway, thank you for reading and please review. I’m not sure if there will be another chapter of this WIP before I go on vacation.

Thanks,
spuf
Act III; Scene IV 'April Is The Cruelest Month' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hope you read and enjoy!
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act III; Scene IV: ‘April Is The Cruelest Month!’


Summary: Buffy’s life goes on and it is now April. Big plans are afoot but trouble lies on the horizon…..


A/N: ‘April is the cruelest month’ here is a quote by T.S. Elliot. Too true, April can be the cruelest month for many reasons.


April was truly the cruelest month of the year. Working adults were legally held (figuratively speaking of course) at gun point to make that dreaded deadline of the 15th of the month.

A lot of high school students did not fare much better, of course. April was kind of the ‘panic’ month of the school year; a sink or swim kind of thing as it were. Seniors were frantically preparing for finals in May or June and of course, waiting to hear from various colleges. The schools that would make or break their educational futures; the poor little lambs!

All young people, for the most part, were hit with that old April illness, spring fever. As were the adults also. No one was immune; of any age, creed or nationality, to the desire for summer to arrive.

Spike and Buffy were no exception to the rule. The problem of their continuing education had been solved earlier; they would both attend Sunnydale University together. This practical, romantic solution for them resolved the some stress factors for both sets of their parents.

Hank Summers doted on Buffy and would have gladly paid the entire tuition for USC or any other school she had been accepted at. However, Hank and Joyce, along with Dawn Summers did not really want Buffy to move away from them at all.

Actually, Rupert Giles felt the same way about his son, Spike, however the librarian did not have the money resources that the Summers did. Even if Spike could be accepted to many colleges also, Sunnydale was his first choice for financial reasons.

So, when Buffy insisted on attending Sunnydale with Spike, this part of the family problems for both the Summers and Giles was immediately solved. The young couple could choose to live in dorms or at home with their respective families.

Now, who in the world could have imagined, at the time; that this little drama would end up as it would? (A/N: sorry, you’ll just have to read the whole story; no hints for now!)

“What are you wearing to Spring Fling?” Cordelia Chase asked Buffy Summers. “I think you should go with something green,” the young socialite stated with pursed lips. “It’ll bring out your eyes Buff.”

Since Buffy had made it clear, sometime earlier, that she and Spike Giles were a permanent, her little group of friends had come around and accepted the situation. Cordelia and Anya Jenkins both had stood, steadfastly, by their good friend Buffy. The two young women had made it more the clear to their respective boyfriends, Angel and Xander that they’d better go along with their decision in this Spuffy matter.

Of course, both Angel and Xander had put up a good fight, kind of, but finally in the end they had given in to the two girls. Ever since that time, Angel and Xander had followed along and made friends with Spike and his group of friends.

Jesse, Spike’s best friend, was especially happy about this turn of events. As children and young teens, Xander Harris had been a great friend of Jesse’s and the young man was happy to have that relationship somewhat back in his life.

“I was thinking of something in red,” Buffy purred, a slight smirk on her pretty mouth.

“I’m wearing red!” Cordelia screeched in disbelief. “Oh, Buff, you just can’t wear red! It’ll clash with your skin tone and everyone knows brunettes should wear red, it…..”

“Oh for God’s sake Cordy! I was just kidding! The closest I’ll come to a red gown is maybe a shade of pink! Don’t get your knickers in a twist!” Buffy began to giggle wildly at the incredulous look Cordelia was wearing at that moment.

“Hmmmphh, you’d better not wear red,” Cordelia muttered, somewhat placated by her good friends admission.

“I’m wearing black,” Anya interjected, which provoked yet another look of disbelief from Cordelia.

“You can’t,” Cordy gasped in shock; as if someone had just told her Anya was going to Spring Fling with someone other then Xander. “Everyone wears bright dresses or at least pastels to Spring Fling,” Cordelia spat knowingly. “Black is for Winter Carnival and…..”

“I can and I am,” Anya countered stubbornly. “I’m going to wear a black, deadly dress and Xander is wearing a black tux. My Xander doesn’t dress up, ever and I’ll be damned if he’s going to wear some Hawaiian print monstrosity to Spring Fling. We’re going black tie and fancy black dress or…..”

“Oh for God’s sake, Cordelia,” Buffy chuckled good-naturedly. “Let Anya and Xander wear what they want. Although, I doubt if Xander has much to say about it, eh?”

Anya grinned at Buffy affectionately and Cordelia chose to end the unpleasant conversation.

“Well, at least Willow won’t be wearing red,” Cordy sniffed. “The color would clash with her hair and Oz’s!”

“Are we going to Milano’s for supper first? Like we planned all along?” Cordelia asked bluntly, completely changing the subject.

“I thought that was the plan,” Buffy stammered with a roll of her green eyes at Anya. “I told Will that and he’s going to make reservations. Isn’t that what we decided?”

“Yes,” both Cordelia and Anya responded together.

“When are we going shopping for our dresses,” Anya whined impatiently as she scanned the hallway for Xander.

“I thought maybe Thursday,” Cordelia replied matter-of-factly, taking charge of the situation. “Daddy’s newest charge card is burning a hole in my new Versace wallet and I’m not holding back any longer.”

“Poor Daddy,” Cordelia sighed and pouted. “He’s so distracted by how much he’ll owe the IRS that he’s forgotten all about the charge limit he put on me.” This thought made Cordelia Chase grin widely.

“My daddy says that Rupert Giles is going to be doing everyone’s’ income tax forms,” Anya mentioned casually as she again scanned the hallway for Xander.

“Oh,” Buffy cried abruptly, “I forgot to mention that we’re having a fourth couple join us for Spring Fling and…..”

“It had better not be that Jesse,” Cordelia grunted in exasperation. “Oh, it’s not that ‘he’ bothers anyone so much,” she added quickly when she noted Buffy’s distressed expression.

“It’s that skanky ‘ho’ girlfriend of his, Faith, that no one can stomach,” Cordelia snorted.

“Hmmm,” Buffy mumbled softly. She focused on her locker in front of her.

“Hmmmm?” Anya inquired suspiciously.

“Well,” Buffy began carefully, “it’s not like Jesse actually ‘sees’ Faith anymore.”

Something in Buffy’s demeanor alerted both Cordelia and Anya to some very interesting news. Actually, this sounded more like juicy gossip and neither girl was willing to let this go by.

“Spill,” Cordy hissed wickedly.

“Okay,” Buffy sighed. “I’ll tell you, but please don’t think this is sour grapes, right?”

“Right,” Cordelia and Anya responded together.

“Well,” Buffy began, “a while back, Jesse stumbled onto Riley and Faith, at the Bronze, their heads pressed together and…..”

“Riley was mackin’ with Faith!” Anya gasped in disbelief. “I don’t believe it! Even he would never stoop so low to…..”

“I didn’t say they were mackin’ together,” Buffy grumbled in frustration. “Their heads were close together, that’s all. It’s just that Jesse didn’t like the look of it. He split with Faith right after and, well, he kind of took an interest in Drusilla, William’s sister. That’s all. It’s Drusilla that Jesse is bringing to the dance, okay!”

“Oh,” Cordelia said softly. “Uhm, that is interesting,” the brunette stated in a hushed tone. “Of course,” she continued, “Drusilla ‘is’ a beauty, in her own right. Pity she’s a bit ‘off’ in the head but I have to give kudos to Jesse. He…..”

“Drusilla is a beauty,” Buffy interrupted vehemently as she stood up to her full height of 5’1” or so. “She’s beautiful inside and out and as for her offness in the head? Well, I think she’s just rather special and unearthly. Dru’s been enamored of Jesse for years and it’s about time he noticed! I can’t believe that even you, Cordelia, would judge a poor girl like Drusilla; just because she’s different then everyone else and…..”

“Buffy,” Cordelia interjected, “I didn’t mean to sound mean or cruel. I’m glad that Spike’s friend, Jesse, decided to dump that worthless ‘ho’ Faith and find a real lady to spend time with. Okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy murmured quietly. “I just don’t want Drusilla hurt, alright? She ‘is’ special and good and kind.”

“We’ll make her feel like a regular member of our group Buff,” Anya offered generously.

“Thanks,” Buffy replied. “It would mean so much to me and William.”

“She won’t wear red, will she?” Cordelia suddenly asked out of the blue. “I mean, Drusilla? Do you think…..”


“Mr. Chase,” Rupert Giles sighed into the receiver of his cordless phone. “I have tried my best to cover every loop hole and tax break I could find. At least the legal ones,” the Brit continued patiently.

“Yes sir, I understand. However, you ‘have’ made quite a remarkable income this past year and…..” Rupert continued cautiously.

“Yes, I know you have given an extraordinary amount to charity and that is quite commendable and all. I have noted that on your returns and I am still looking into your other exemptions. I will do my best to itemize all of your deductions and assists. I promise to find every legal deduction and loop hole possible to report to the IRS for you. I do feel I can minimize your payment; in fact, there may a distinct possibility of a refund to you?” Rupert finished on a very hopeful note.


Ah, yes, April is the cruelest month.


A/N: Thought I forgot about this one, didn’t you? This is just a little chapter to keep the story going. The angst is coming, truly, in the next few chapters.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Act III; Scene V: 'Now Is The Winter...' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Long time; no update! Hope you like.
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Summary: Warning; this is going to be a fairly long summary.

Although this chapter is set in springtime in Sunnydale; there is a winter's storm a brewing for Spike and Buffy in particular.

The title and ‘pre-script’ is taken from Shakespeare’s Richard III. This will turn out to be appropriate since in this chapter, Buffy is cast as the female lead of Lady Anne in Sunnydale High’s production of that famous play. I’m going to introduce some new characters (well familiar ones from the show). Warren Meers will be playing Richard III in the play (thought that was cool!) and Andrew and Johnathan will be along for the ride.


However, it is not Warren or even the character he is playing that will turn out to be the ‘villain’ for the remainder of this story. The main villain’s name does, however, begin with the letter R. Can you guess who he is?



Act III; Scene V: ‘Now Is The Winter…..’


{Pre-script: “Now is the winter of our discontent…” from Richard III by William Shakespeare}


Buffy had the best time at the Spring Fling formal. Everything had turned out beautifully; from dinner to the dance. More then anything, Buffy had been touched by how easily ‘the guys’ had accepted Spike and Jesse into their group. It had made things all the better for Buffy and her boyfriend, Spike.

Bowing to Cordelia’s great fashion sense (and her constant threats to not attend if Buffy wore red) Buffy did wear a satiny gown of emerald green. Cordelia had turned out to be right, of course, when the emerald of Buffy’s dress brought out her green eyes and honey colored long hair.

Spike looked more handsome then usual in his black dress trousers and matching suit jacket (which he hated, but wore to please Buffy); a dark green silk shirt underneath to finish the outfit. The white orchid wrist corsage he gave Buffy before the dance was perfectly matched for her tiny wrist.

Xander was actually decked out in black tux and tails; his date, Anya wore a somewhat sedate black cocktail dress. Cordelia was in a drop dead red formal; Angel wore a tux with a red bow tie.

Somehow, Buffy found the red bow tie a little ridiculous, but she bit her tongue and let Cordy have her day; her way. Willow wore an off the shoulder yellow taffeta; her date the incredible Oz, wore a white suit, with a pale yellow shirt to match Willow’s dress.


‘It all works,’ Buffy thought to herself smugly. Her friends' ensembles definitely were the highlight of the Spring Fling, this was true. However, Buffy felt that it was Jesse and Drusilla that outshone them all.

Drusilla, with a huge prompting from Buffy, wore a simple, classy dress of a royal blue color. Jesse wore a very trendy royal blue suit and black tie; his dark eyes danced merrily as he escorted his date around the decorated gym. His date, Drusilla, simply radiated happiness on the arm of her beloved Jesse.

The fact that Riley had showed up late to the dance; with a subdued Samantha in tow, cheered Buffy up rather then upset her. Buffy hoped that Riley had truly moved on with Sam, especially since Jesse had insisted something was going on between Riley and Faith. Apparently, Spike’s friend Jesse was wrong on all counts.

Buffy truly wanted Riley to be happy, even if he nearly beat the shit out of her earlier in the year.

‘Maybe Sam can curb Riley’s temper,’ Buffy hopefully to herself.

“Look at them,” Riley hissed from the shadows as he watched Spike and Buffy dance together, cheek to cheek. “You’d think they were…..”

“Can’t we just forget ‘them’ for tonight,” Samantha whined, “it’s the last dance before Prom, Riley. Can’t we just have a good time?”

“What’s going on,” Harmony hissed like a snake, her arm entwined with her date, Devon.

“We’re just watching the bleached blond freak, Giles, try to look impressive with my…..” Riley grumbled until Devon cut him off.

“Why don’t I get us some punch?” Devon asked Harmony hopefully.

“Sure,” Harmony shrugged as her date headed to the refreshment table.

“He’s cute, but kind of a jerk, er I mean jock. Okay so Devon’s not so bright, up here,” Harmony snorted to Riley and Sam with a roll of her eyes.

Samantha gave Harmony an incredulous look: ‘Who was this bimbo kidding? Devon a jerk? What about her? Harmony had the IQ of an amoeba; except the amoeba probably had more sense!’

“I don’t understand why we have to concentrate on those two,” Sam mumbled when she noticed Harmony and Riley watching Spike and Buffy.

“Because ‘she’ thinks she’s all that, that’s why,” Harmony sniffed in response.

“Buffy’s a fool for lowering herself to the likes of Spike Giles,” both Riley and Harmony hissed in unison.

“When can we put our plan into action?” Riley asked Harmony, successfully cutting Samantha out of the conversation completely.

“Haven’t you heard?” Harmony asked with wide blue eyes. “The little princess there,” she pointed her chin at Buffy, “has landed the female lead in Richard III. That nerd, Warren Meers is Richard and well, whoever is whatever in the rest of the cast. Buffy will have tons of rehearsals and all; I’m sure we can arrange ‘something’ to distract her from Spike. Right Riley,” the blond girl grinned wickedly at the lumbering man beside her.

“I’m not sure I like any of this,” Sam murmured half-heartedly.

“Too late, sweetheart,” Riley snickered, “you’re gonna’ be as deep in this shit as all of us by the time this is over.”

After the dance, Buffy and Spike said their goodnights to their group of friends and headed out in Spike’s DeSoto.

Their destination was quite simple, really. A wonderfully secluded cottage by the Pacific Ocean. Spike had reserved a room for Friday and Saturday night for the both of them; Buffy told her parents she was staying at Willows. Of course, Hank and Joyce were not fooled at all, but they played along with the young couple.

When they checked into the Inn’s office, Buffy got the distinct feeling that the clerk behind the desk was smirking at her.

“I will need age verification,” the snooty clerk stated evenly with a watery smile.

“Of course,” Spike replied curtly as he held out his and Buffy’s driver’s license.

“Well, everything seems to be in order,” the young man sighed almost in disappointment.

“Thank you,” Buffy called cheerily as she and Spike headed to their special little cottage by the seashore.

Buffy stood on the cottages second floor balcony and surveyed the beauty of the vast Pacific Ocean. Even in the black of night, the ocean shined form the moonlight and spread out over its massive expanse.

“Beautiful,” Buffy gasped in delight.

“Yes you are,” Spike murmured in appreciation from behind Buffy, his arms embraced her lovingly.

“What’s this?” Buffy asked a bit stunned by the bottle that Spike carried in his left hand.

“A little champagne for my lady,” he replied softly as he reached into his pocket for a bottle opener.

Spike had managed to get his hands on three bottles of his father’s champagne from the cabinet. Hopefully, Rupert wouldn’t notice the missing bubbly for quite a while.

“I’ve iced the drink, checked the bed to make sure it’s perfect for you, Princess and…..” Spike began, but Buffy cut him off.

“Thought I was a sure thing, huh,” she tried to mask the nervous giggle that emitted from her lips.

“No,” Spike replied, his old insecurity just happen to flare up again, at least where Buffy was concerned.

“Too bad,” Buffy hmphed saucily, “because I ‘assure’ you; I am a sure thing where you’re concerned…”

This time, Spike cut her off with a very passionate kiss to her lush, pink lips.

After Spike opened the first bottle, he sat on the balcony lounge chair, successfully pulling a giggling Buffy onto his strong lap. She sighed in contentment and sipped her ice cold champagne, “mmmm,” she whispered.

“Mmmm, is right,” Spike murmured as he nuzzled his lips into her golden hair. “I love you, Buffy,” he murmured affectionately.

“I know,” she replied dreamily.

“Oh this is lovely,” Buffy sighed, even more contented then just a moment earlier.

“Yup, it is,” Spike mumbled in agreement, his free right hand tenderly stroked Buffy’s bare arm.

“I was so proud of Drusilla and Jesse tonight, Will,” Buffy sighed softly against his cheek.

“Your sister was just beautiful, and Jesse? He was so gallant and chivalrous with Dru. Weren’t you proud of them both Will?” Buffy looked up into Spike’s blue eyes, her own green ones shown with sentimental tears.

“They were great Princess,” Spike hummed happily in remembrance of the pair his sister and best friend had made at the dance. “They owe it to you, you know,” he whispered tenderly into Buffy’s ear.

“How so?” Buffy asked somewhat surprised.

“You encouraged Drusilla to go with Jesse, even if she didn’t need much of a push,” Spike chuckled. “Jesse was so bloody shy about the whole thing and I think you’re encouragement was just what he needed to ask my sis out.”

“Could be,” Buffy hummed quietly. “Could be that maybe Jesse woke up and smelled the coffee?”

“Yeah, could be,” Spike mumbled sleepily.

“Tired?” Buffy asked coyly as she ran her tiny hand over his bare chest.

“Not too,” he smirked in reply as he grabbed her sneaky little hand and kissed it tenderly.

“Will?” Buffy whispered with just a smidge of hesitance. “Are you okay with me being in the play, Richard III? I mean really baby, do you mind my…..”

“I think its wonderful Buffy, I do,” Spike nodded then gave her cheek a quick kiss. “You’ll be bloody great, sweet. The perfect Lady Anne you are.”

“You’re not, you know, a bit put off by my having a guy like Warren be my leading man and all?” Buffy asked a bit nervously.

“Buffy, I love and trust you,” Spike sighed, pulling her even closer to him. “Besides, even if I didn’t trust you, which I do,” he continued wryly, “I don’t think Warren Meers is a big issue, do you?”

“You know?” Buffy gasped in stunned surprise. She had no idea that anyone but a select few knew that Warren Meers was no threat to any of the ‘boyfriends’ of the girls in the play.

“Known for a while, baby,” Spike shrugged in indifference. “Warren’s playing for the other team,” he added matter-of-factly. “I can’t be sure,” he continued thoughtfully, “but I’m thinkin’ that Andrew Prescott and him are, you know,” he finished almost shyly.

“They are,” Buffy answered evenly, “and I think it’s wonderful of you not to ‘say’ anything to anyone else Will. It just proves what a great guy you really are; how mature and kind.”

“What’s it to me who a bloke cares for,” Spike shrugged again and gave Buffy’s forehead a tender kiss.

“I love you, you know,” Buffy murmured shyly as she buried her head deeper into her love’s chest.

“I know,” he rasped deeply, standing up and sweeping his love into the suite’s master bedroom.

“I love you Buffy,” Spike panted desperately, thrusting into her sweet cunny with his eager cock.

“I love you Will,” Buffy whimpered in reply, barely able to speak, as always, when her William was making love to her.

“Buffy,” Spike gasped, “marry me baby,” he commanded gruffly.

“Wha….what!” Buffy exclaimed in shock, nearly pushing him from atop her.

“I said marry me,” Spike repeated even more firmly then before.

“Will,” Buffy stammered in disbelief, well kind of. “I,” she began carefully.

“Oh, maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even in a year or so, but someday Buffy sweet, please?” Spike murmured huskily into her ear.

"I've loved you forever, Buffy," he whispered sincerely. "I need you and love you; you're my girl forever and always."

“Someday will you…..” he continued, a little less bolder then a moment before.

Buffy buried her face into her Will’s damp neck and clutched him to her, tighter then even before.

“Someday,” she murmured softly into his warm, wet flesh, “someday I ‘will’ marry you my Will.”


Margaret Walsh, the acting coach of Sunnydale, gathered her ‘cast’ around beside her.

“I’ve found some people to paint the scenery,” Mrs. Walsh crowed proudly.


“Faith and Samantha will be helping Andrew and Johnathan in creating and painting the stage props!” Margaret exclaimed happily.

Buffy glanced over at the two girls, who beamed with pride as they nodded at the applause around them.

“I’m glad you guys are going to be a part of this,” Buffy stated sincerely.

“Thanks B,” Faith purred silkily in reply.

“Yeah,” Sam mumbled half-heartedly, unable to look Buffy in the face. Things were beginning to click in Samantha’s addled mind and she was beginning to wonder if…..

“Okay then,” Buffy stammered nervously, “see you around.”

“Bitch,” Faith hissed as she watched the tiny blond hurry off to the dressing rooms.

“Faith,” Samantha began cautiously, “just why do you hate Buffy so much?”

“She’s just so fucking…..” Faith began, but her sentence trailed off when she looked into Samantha’s dark eyes.

“I used to think that it was because of Jesse, or maybe even Spike, you know; jealousy,” Samantha began, her eyes focused on the activity on the stage. “Then I wondered if you were just angry at Buffy because she has it all,” the tall girl sighed sadly. “Maybe you just envied the golden girl and everything she had?”

“Where you going with this Sammy?” Faith asked impatiently, her dark, angry eyes surveyed the stage, looking for Buffy.

“I’m going to here,” Sam continued evenly, “and why you’re mixed up in this mess. I’ve finally figured it out. It’s not that you’re jealous of Buffy, per say or what she has,” Sam mumbled quietly. “It’s not that you want Buffy’s life or what she has control of,” she added.

“Well, enlighten us all almighty Kresnik,” Faith snorted sarcastically.

“It’s because you want Buffy herself, isn’t it?” Samantha asked her eyes steeled onto Faith’s.

“What the fuck are you talking about here girly?” Faith nearly screamed indignantly. However, her whole demeanor cried more ‘found out’ and less ‘indignant.'

“I see it all now!” Samantha spat knowingly.

“You don’t want Buffy’s life; you want Buffy,” Samantha stuttered incredulously. “It’s always been about Buffy with you, hasn’t it?”

“You don’t know shit! Get the fuck out of my face!” Faith hissed with the venom of a rattle snake. The brunette restrained herself from lunging at the taller girl, Finn’s newest conquest.

If people hadn’t been so close by, Faith would have beat the shit out of the all knowing Samantha; that was for sure. Instead, she opted for busying herself with some stupid fucking random prop she was in charge of.

“We’ll see who Buffy turns to when the shit hits the fan,” Faith growled to herself as she punched a castle façade made of cardboard.

Samantha turned and shuffled away, leaving Faith alone to scan the stage for the girl she had obsessed about for over a year.

“Hey you,” Cordelia giggled merrily as she pulled Buffy into the girls’ dressing area. “How’s it going?”

“Great,” Buffy replied gleefully, her faced glowing brightly.

“You really love him, Spike I mean,” Cordelia stated, “It’s written all over your face.”

“I do,” Buffy giggled happily. “Can I let you in on a secret Cordy?”


Warren Meers’ deep voice boomed from the stage of Sunnydale’s auditorium:

“Now is the winter of our discontent;
Made glorious by this sun of York!”


The small acting ensemble on the stage did not see the glowering yet smug young man in the shadows. They could not hear the echo of his own deep voice when he repeated Richard III’s venomous, fateful words.

“No truer words were ever spoken,” Riley Finn hissed from the dark shadows he had hidden himself in. He chuckled wickedly, knowing that Buffy had asked her precious Spike not to attend the rehearsals.

Riley’s sources, in the play, had made it clear that Buffy didn’t want Spike at rehearsals. Only because she wanted her wonderful lover to see the play on opening night; for the first time.

“Well, I am discontented Buffy,” Riley grumbled harshly as he turned away from the scene before him. “I won’t be for long though,” he added evilly. “You’ll be mine again Buffy Summers and no glorious ‘sun’ of York or Giles will be able to keep you from me.”


A/N: Oh oh…..

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Act IV; Scene I: 'Ahhh...Young Love!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Long time, no update. I hope you readers remember this one!
HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA


Act IV Scene I: ‘Ahhh…Young Love’


April had miraculously melted into the beginning of May in Sunnydale, CA.

What a lot of non-Californians (is that a word?) do not understand is that it gets damp and cold in the Golden State. At night the temperatures can drop ten or fifteen degrees easy. So, April can be nice in the day and cold at night, no question.

(I think that’s why Buffy wandered around in cemeteries in a coat and hat sometimes?) Anyway…

Spike and Buffy were going along famously; even if the play rehearsals did throw a monkey wrench or two into their plans together.

It helped that Spike seemed to understand Shakespeare better then most anyone else, including the drama coach, so…..

He naturally helped Buffy study her lines. This worked, most of the time, except when Spike and Buffy’s hormones would kick in and their private rehearsals would be completely forgotten. Instead, the couple would end up making mad, passionate love on the nearest counter; couch or bed they could find.

Ahhh, young love.

Cordelia had been crowned ‘May Queen’ and her boyfriend, Angel had been crowned ‘May King’ at Sunnydale High. It didn’t set too well on Angel however as he felt he looked ridiculous being crowned king; and that fucking crown!

Anya took it all in stride, even if the slighted Miss Jenkins thought that she herself should have snagged the coveted crown. Of course, Xander would have made a wonderful king, or so Anya thought. Xander himself was relieved that he’d been knocked out of the running by Angel, thank the Gods!

Xander Harris had actually survived finals and it looked like he was going to graduate with the rest of the class!

Oz and Willow were still going strong, much to the delight of everyone that knew them. They were an adorable couple, even if Willow stood inches above her boyfriend.

At the moment, Buffy was reading lines with Spike; in her bedroom of her house. The rest of her family was away and…..well, you know teens!


“You’re looking lovely as ever, Lady Anne,” Spike murmured silkily, getting into the evil Richard’s persona.

“You, you are as hideous as the first day I met you, My Lord,” Buffy spat in reply. She was really getting into this Lady Anne stuff, but, the problem was her rehearsal partner.

There was simply nothing evil or wicked or especially hideous about Spike, or William as Buffy had begun to call him again.

Before he could utter another Shakespearean line, Buffy burst out into loud laughter and fell upon her neatly made bed.

“Oh honey,” Buffy giggled uncontrollably, “you’ll never get a letter from Julliard, that’s for sure and…..”

“You wound me baby!” Spike whined unconvincingly, a pout on his handsome mouth.

He had leapt onto Buffy after she had fallen onto her bed. Of course, Spike had no intention of continuing the impromptu rehearsal; he had better things in mind.

“Ahhh, you could care less about acting and you know it,” Buffy chuckled wildly while her lover tickled her mercilessly.

“True,” he sighed dramatically. “I like building things, mostly,” he added with a wicked wink. “I’d rather fuck you though and…..”


“William!” Buffy shrieked in mock horror. “I can’t believe that you called our love making ‘fucking’ and the like. I should throw you out of my bed and my house and…..”

“But you won’t, will you Princess?” Spike purred silkily; his left hand stroked Buffy’s bare arm. This caused goose bumps to form on every part of her naked skin.

“No, I won’t,” Buffy sighed in resignation. “Especially since you fuck better then you act,” she giggled wickedly.

“I’ll show you fucking,” Spike growled huskily as he pounced on Buffy once again.

(Let’s draw the curtains on this young scene of love; just out of respect eh?)


Buffy nearly skipped into school on Tuesday morning; actually happy to be there for once. She was going to meet Willow for first break session and go over their Trig notes together.

Absolutely no one knew Trigonometry like Willow Rosenberg. Besides, Buffy adored her best female friend like there was no tomorrow.

William had put a new spring in Buffy’s step and that much was for sure. He had brought out the old Buffy in so many ways and she could never repay him for that; that was also for sure.

Buffy stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Riley and Faith, their heads together in conversation.

It wasn’t that Buffy gave a rat’s ass about Riley or who he hung out with. Only…..

Willow showed up at that precise moment to bring Buffy out of her thoughts.

“Hey,” Willow squeaked in her special Willow voice.

“What’s up?” The red head asked innocently.

“Nothing,” Buffy mumbled as she tore her gaze from her ex and Jesse’s ex.

‘There’s something not right about this,’ Buffy surmised silently, but she shook off her feelings and turned her attention to her best friend, Willow.

“Buffy,” Willow began timidly. “Oz and I, we did the nasty,” the red-head giggled nervously and focused on her Trig book.

“Oh Wills!” Buffy squealed in delight. “That’s just great! Let’s go to the café and get some junk food that passes for snacks around here,” she squeaked.

Arm-in-arm, the blond and red-head headed the cafeteria; never noticing the smug but jealous glares from Riley and Faith.

“I can’t wait until I….” Faith hissed through clenched teeth.

“Yeah, me neither,” Riley chimed in, maliciously.

“When I get through with Miss stick- up-her-ass,” Riley muttered evilly.

Faith looked up at the tall, hulking jock, “just make sure there’s something left of Buffy when you’re finished,” she growled menacingly.

“Oh, I will,” Riley added smugly. “The question is; will Spike Giles want what’s left of her?”


Warren Meers watched his ‘friend’ Andrew while he retold a funny story from yesterday’s rehearsal. Andrew was entertaining a number of geeks and nerds with the events of the day before and Warren just loved to watch his pal at work.

Andrew was a wonderful young man; Warren was well aware of that. He only wished that his own parents might someday see how wonderful his friend really was.

“Well look at that,” Andrew gasped and Warren followed his gaze to the nearby table.

“Now there’s something you don’t see every day,” Andrew continued in disbelief.

Warren had to agree with his friend. Seeing super jock, Riley Finn and super slut, Faith whatever her last name was together was not something normal. But, there they were.

Andrew soon lost interest in the unusual couple and looked over at Buffy Summers and Willow Rosenberg at another nearby table.

“I wish,” the small fair-haired young man sighed wistfully when he spied the two friends together. The girls had their heads together; their animated conversation was quiet, yet lively.

“I know,” Warren sighed in response as he resisted the urge to take Andrew’s hand in his. Even if it was under the table and out of sight.

“Buffy is a good person,” Andrew sighed again, resisting the urge to take Warren’s hand in his.

“Yes, she is. She’s also lucky,” Warren added with a sigh of his own. “Spike Giles is just…..”

“Yes, he is,” Andrew smiled impishly and went back to his soda.


A/N: Hope you read and enjoy. Please review, thanks spuf.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=17442