Steps by facingthesun
Summary: William and Buffy are stepsiblings (run now if that grosses you out). They have a love/hate relationship—heavy on the hate—until they have an ‘encounter’ in the bathroom. The couple will face some issues, including but not limited to William’s tendency to peep on his crush, their next-door neighbor, Drusilla.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6101 Read: 3421 Published: 02/19/2006 Updated: 04/06/2006
Chapter 3 by facingthesun
Author's Notes:
Go to my livejournal for faster updates and more works in progress that I haven't put here yet because I havent named it yet (I suck at naming stories, if you haven't noticed).

http://facingthesun.livejournal.com/

Other than that, enjoy. Oh, and review please.
Chapter 3

With both hands clutching the steering wheel, Buffy closed her eyes and replayed the last ten minutes in her mind.

“Oh my God,” she groaned in frustration. “Stupid Drusilla was right! He can be so freaking sweet!”

Buffy collapsed dramatically, her cheek accidentally hitting the horn. The loud beep startled her, but she didn’t lift her head until the door on the passenger side opened.

“Hey, Buffy?”

“Is the date a go?”

“Not that I know of.”

“What do you mean?” She looked up as William took a seat in the car. “What are you doing?”

“She hasn’t called, or, I don’t know, maybe she has. Since you left the house the phone’s been ringing off the hook, about six times at least, and it’s very well pissing me off to be honest with you. I thought I could tag along when you picked up our dinner. You don’t mind, do you?”

“So, she’s calling and hanging up?”

“I think so. It’s kinda sad, isn’t it?”

“Haven’t you done the same thing?”

“I didn’t call her six times in bloody row,” William grumbled, his cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink. “I might stalk her a bit, but I have my limits.”

“Oh, really? What funny limits you have. You’ll gawk and drool over her naked body, but call her a few times? No way!”

“I won’t be a nuisance. I know her family wouldn’t appreciate that. When I watch her, it doesn’t affect anyone but me.”

“And the people who happen to hear you. Will, you do realize that there are very thin walls separating our rooms, don’t you?”

“Well, you have been bringing it to my attention. I do try to be quiet. Sometimes I play my stereo to drown out the--.”

“Okay, let’s have a new topic for discussion!”

“Okay,” he chuckled, putting on his seatbelt. “Here’s a good one: where do you wanna eat?”
***

“You sure you want to eat here?”

“I’m sure. Why shouldn’t we eat here, pet?”

Buffy watched William spread their food out on the table. He took each bag and paper carton off the plastic tray before sitting across from her in the booth.

“What?” he asked, eating a French fry. “Stop looking at me like that.”

“You really don’t want to go with her, do you?”

“Well,” he paused, opening the wrapper around his hamburger, “I would’ve jumped at the chance a few days ago, but now things are different.”

“You’re not just too nervous to talk to her?”

“No, no, I don’t think so, but then I haven’t been able to talk to her. I’ll know for sure only if she decides to speak to me.”

“But Drusilla’s your dream girl--.”

“Yes, she was.”

“Was?”

“I didn’t watch her this morning.”

Buffy blinked, trying not to smile. “Really?”

“Yeah, I had to get to the parents before they left for work, and I—I wanted to see you.”

“Really?” she whispered, causing William to look at her shyly.

“Does that please you, Buffy?”

“I—hell yes! That’s great, Will!”

“I’m glad you think so.”

“So, your feelings for her aren’t as strong now? It is just because we…you know…in the bathroom?”

“It has a lot to do with it. I haven’t been able to get you out of my head since.”

“It’s not just because of the promise?”

“Buffy,” he said, his blush returning, “what happened in the bathroom made me think about some things, and one of the things that never crossed my mind was Drusilla.”

“Really?”

“Yes, damn it,” he answered, lowering his voice. “I wanted her, yes I did, but now, I want you.”

“Really?”

His eyes narrowed, but Buffy could tell he was holding back a smile. “Eat your food, pet, before it gets cold.”
***

Back in the car, Buffy put on her seatbelt and started the engine before leaning over to kiss William.

“Okay,” she said, pulling away. She licked her lips and backed out of the parking space. “If we do this, no more peeping.”

“None?”

“And if you get the urge to watch her, you have to tell me.”

“But…”

“I want you to tell me,” she said, putting a hand on his knee as they drove. “I’m sure you’ll find it embarrassing and uncomfortable, but how am I supposed to feel if you’re with me, but still getting off because of her?”

“I can try, Buffy.”

“Promise me that you’ll tell me when you watch her, or when you feel like watching her.”

“I…promise.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”

“Good answer,” Buffy said with a wide smile.
***

“You thought you had a crush? I loved you before our parents met. I wanted you to like me so badly. I tried so hard to get your attention.”

William’s mouth opened slightly and Buffy took advantage by kissing him thoroughly.

“But all it did was backfire,” she continued minutes later. “You made fun, hurt my feelings. I had no choice but to fight back. It took me awhile to realize that you were head over heels for Dru. I heard you once…God, then I heard you all the time. It drove me insane.”

“Buffy…”

“So, I became Drusilla’s friend. I wanted to see what was so great about her.” She paused, reaching for the hem of William’s shirt. “Do you mind?”

“No,” he croaked, still in a daze.

Buffy pulled the shirt over his head and laughed softly when the telephone rang. “I wanted you to date her, to find out that she wasn’t so great and then give me a chance. You gonna answer the phone?”

Obediently he said hello into the receiver and hung up. “No answer.”

“The stuff in the bathroom was a total shock to me. It messed up my evil plan a bit,” Buffy chuckled, “but look at what happened.” She wrapped her arms around William’s waist and sighed happily when he returned the hug.

“Then I was afraid that you’d continue peeping and just use me for sex.” She swallowed and carefully looked him in the eye. “I won’t let you do that. If you want to be with me, I want to be the only naked girl that you’re peeking at. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for, is it?”

“No.”

“Good answer,” she whispered, tilting her head so their lips could touch. They kissed until the phone rang again.

“This is getting fucking ridiculous. Can’t we take the phone off the sodding hook?”

“What if your dad calls, or my mom?”

Knowing that she made a valid point, he cursed under his breath and reached for the cordless phone. “Stop calling, you stupid sod! If you want to talk, just do it, and stop playing these fucking games—oh, oh, hello, Joyce.”

“Are you serious?” Buffy hissed, grabbing William’s arm.

“Eh, so sorry ‘bout that, we’ve, well, we’ve been getting prank calls all night…”

Buffy watched, doing her best to mask her giggles as he spoke to her mother. “Are they coming home?” she whispered.

“How soon shall we expect you? Oh, that soon? Well, have a safe ride home. Bye, now. Love to my da.”

“They’re coming home! Why? What about the hotel?”

William put down the phone with a sigh, “Guess my evil plan didn’t workout either.”

“How long do we have?”

“Oh, I’d say five, maybe ten minutes at the most.”

“Do you think we have enough time?”

“For what?”

“What do you think?” When he continued to stare at her blankly, Buffy laughed and pulled him close. “Never mind, just kiss me until they come home please.”
***

“Drusilla.”

“I’m so sorry, Buffy! I can’t believe I was such a pest! Is William upset?”

“You called us a dozen times and didn’t say a word--.”

“He is mad, isn’t he? I was just so very nervous!”

“Well, after the seventh call, we turned it into a game,” Buffy said with a smile. “We placed bets on how long you’d wait to call again. It was kind of fun. I made twenty dollars.”

“Maybe I should just stop by and see him… Would he be home?”

“It’s more than likely. Come on, I think I see his car in the driveway.”

Buffy led Drusilla to the porch and motioned for her to stay. “I’ll get him, okay? And don’t be nervous, Dru. He’s more scared of you than you are of him.”

“Oh, thank you for doing this! You’re such a good friend to me!”

“You’re welcome,” Buffy said, moving quickly to avoid Drusilla’s open arms. “He’ll be down in a minute.”
***

“Oh, William! You have a visitor!”

“Who is it?”

Buffy’s eyes widened, taken off guard once Joyce came around a corner in the living room.

“Um, Drusilla.”

“The neighbor’s girl?”

“Yeah. I’m, well, I’m setting them up.”

“Oh, isn’t that nice of you!”

“I guess. Where is he? Have you seen William, mom?”

“Here I am,” he replied, coming from the kitchen. “What’s going on?”

“Buffy’s setting you up with Drusilla. Isn’t that sweet of her? Haven’t you had a little crush on her since we moved in?”

William nodded, giving Buffy a look that made her shrug and mouth that she was sorry.

“Why is she outside, Buffy? Why didn’t you invite her in? I made some cookies this afternoon; I bet she’d like some. What do you think, William?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Mom, shouldn’t you be—I don’t know, not here? Didn’t you and Giles have that thing?”

“What thing?”

“I don’t know…some thing?”

“We decided to stay home this afternoon—oh, speaking of William’s father, I’ll go get him. I’m sure he’d love to meet William’s girlfriend.”

William opened his mouth, but Buffy cut him off. “She’s not his girlfriend!” she corrected hastily. “They barely know each other!”

“But thanks to you, maybe that’ll change,” Joyce smiled. “Will, go let Drusilla in while I fetch Rupert.”

Buffy waited until her mom was out of sight to frown and stomp her foot. “Didn’t they have a thing? I remember them having somewhere else to be!”

“Why’d you bring her here, pet?”

“Because I wanted you to talk to her! I thought you could let her down easier in person, but now with the parents involved—damn it, they won’t let you crush her little…crush!”

“Hey, settle down. Everything will be alright.” Stepping forward, he cupped her elbow and ushered her into the laundry room.

“What are we doing in here? Our parents will be down in any minute!”

“I just…” He didn’t bother to finish before pulling Buffy against his chest. She whined in protest, but held on tightly as he kissed her neck and cleavage.

“Oh, William, what are we going to do?”

“Don’t know,” he muttered into her skin. “I can’t think of a good reason not to date her. Can’t tell them the truth, can’t tell them that I want you.”

Buffy guided his head up and kissed him hungrily. “Then maybe we should do the double date. You can dump her afterward. You can, you know, say that you’d rather be friends, that she isn’t your type.”

“But what about the guy she’s setting you up with? I don’t know if I like that part of the deal.”

“You jealous?”

“No—well, sort of—yes.”

“Don’t be. You know how I feel about you.”

He nodded, kissing her again. “Thank you.”

“Thank you? You’re thanking me?”

“Yeah,” he said with a downward glance. “I never thought someone would feel…like you do…about me.”

“Oh, Will… You’re welcome.”

“We—we should get out there, yeah?”

“One more minute,” Buffy whispered, pressing her palm against his flushed cheek. “Give us one more minute.”
***
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=17641