Steps by facingthesun
Summary: William and Buffy are stepsiblings (run now if that grosses you out). They have a love/hate relationship—heavy on the hate—until they have an ‘encounter’ in the bathroom. The couple will face some issues, including but not limited to William’s tendency to peep on his crush, their next-door neighbor, Drusilla.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6101 Read: 3423 Published: 02/19/2006 Updated: 04/06/2006

1. Chapter 1 by facingthesun

2. Chapter 2 by facingthesun

3. Chapter 3 by facingthesun

Chapter 1 by facingthesun
Title: Steps
Pairing: Human Spike/Buffy
Rating: NC17
Disclaimers: I own nothing. Thank you to Joss for letting me play without being sued.

Chapter 1

At ten minutes until three, William sat at his desk, binoculars in hand, ready for a show.

“Oh, God, will you just look at that?” he croaked, watching as his neighbor undressed. His mouth went dry, taking in Drusilla’s long dark hair and delicate pale skin.

“Come on, show us some more. Take it off.”

“Yeah, that’s it,” he whispered, his tight jeans feeling even more snug as she unfastened her flimsy bra. At the sight of Drusilla’s dainty breasts, William bit his lower lip and walked his fingers toward his zipper, desperate to alleviate the building pressure.

“God, God…” Though Drusilla had already changed her clothes, William kept the image of her naked body burned in his mind as he handled his erection.

“William!”

“Oh, bloody hell…”

“William! What are you doing in there?”

Ignoring the shouts, William continued to tug and stroke, determined to reach orgasm.

“William!”

“Go to hell, Buffy!” he yelled, hoping she wouldn’t notice his lack of breath. “Stop banging on my bloody door!”

“Are you—you’re touching yourself again, aren’t you? God, William! Can’t get through a day without doing that?”

Gritting his teeth, William listened as stepsister tried to open the locked door. “I’m doing my homework! Fuck off!”

“Open the door!”

“Why, you wanna watch?”

“Gah! You-you’re disgusting!”

“That’s right,” he panted, resting his forehead against the cool surface of the desk after reaching climax.
***

“William!” Buffy raised her fist to beat on his door again, but was surprised when it flew open.

“What is your fucking problem?”

Buffy could only grunt, finding herself pushed into the nearest wall. Her eyes widened as William squeezed her upper arms and shoved a knee between her legs. “Stop it! You’re hurting me!”

“Good,” he smiled bitterly, pushing his fingers deeper into her skin.

Stung by the pain, Buffy lowered her eyes, terrified that he’d see her cry. “Let go of me! Let go, you asshole! I don’t want your hands touching me. I know where they’ve been--.”

“You shut your filthy mouth!”

Buffy struggled, jerking to the left and right until the doorbell rang. “You should get the door, dickhead.”

“Why, bitch?”

“I was trying to tell you that I had a friend coming over. I wanted to introduce you to your precious Drusilla.”
***

William heard Buffy’s soft whimper once he released her arms.

“Buffy, God—Drusilla’s here?”

Not answering, Buffy examined her injuries. “I’m going to have so many bruises…”

“Did she want to meet me? Did she request it? I should change—no, I’ll wash up—no, I’ll—ow! Ow!”

Lost in his thoughts, William wasn’t prepared for the blow. With all her might, Buffy jumped and punched his nose. When he stumbled back, she kneed him in the crotch and took off running.
***

“Buffy, is everything alright? I heard screaming.”

“Ah, you know how siblings can be.”

“I’m an only child.”

“Really? I used to be one too before shitface moved in.”

“Shitface?”

“Others call him William, I prefer to call him shitface,” Buffy said, walking Drusilla into the living room.

“Your arms…”

“I fell on a, ah…I’m sorry, I can’t think of a good lie right now. Can you wait here while I get ready? When does the aerobics class start?”

“In half an hour. Take your time, Buffy.”
***

“I need to use the bathroom.”

“Wait your turn.”

“How’s your nose?”

“It won’t stop bleeding because of you.”

“You deserved it. How’s everything down below?”

“That’s none of your business.”

“She’s waiting for you,” Buffy said, sitting on the edge of the bathtub, watching as William cleaned his nose.

“Why’d you ask her here?”

“Because you’ve never had the guts to do it yourself. You love her, but have you even spoken two words to her?”

“Why are you such a pain in the ass?”

“You should ask yourself the same question.” Putting aside her workout clothes, Buffy stood next to William and searched his face while looking into the mirror. “You can’t tell that I hit you. Drusilla won’t know that you were beat up by a girl.”

“You sure?” William asked, narrowing his eyes. “It looks awfully swollen to me.”

“If you want some recovery time, I can give you her number. You could give her a call.”

“You’d do that for me?”

“Yeah. Why do you seem so shocked? Hey, how do my arms look?”

“I suppose… Uh, I want to—to apologize...”

“God, don’t hurt yourself,” she chuckled. “In fact, don’t even bother. You wouldn’t mean it anyway.”

“I would too! Don’t say statements like that as if you know me! You don’t know the things that I do, the way that I feel—you don’t know me, damn it!”

“Oh, William,” Buffy sighed, patting his shoulder. “You watch Drusilla from your window. You do it every single day. You don’t talk to her because you get too nervous and shy. You hate me because…well, because I know you too well.”

“You do not.”

“Yes, I do,” she whispered, kissing his cheek. “I’m sorry about your nose. I’m sorry about everything.”

“Buffy?”

“Shhh.” Holding his face between her palms, she gently kissed his lips. When he didn’t push her away, she leaned into his body and moaned as she explored the depths of his mouth.
***

William blinked twice, stunned by his stepsister’s sudden change in behavior. He couldn’t believe that it was Buffy who was filled with so much passion and desire as she clung to him, hungrily devouring his mouth. What bewildered him the most was the fact that he responded to each kiss, curious of her taste. He slipped his hands under her tank top, wanting to feel her curves, and he lifted her off her feet, wondering how her little body would fit in his arms.

“Buffy,” he gasped, hoping to get a word out as she caught her breath. “What-what is this?”

“As of right now, I’m going to say it’s something wonderful.”

“What will it be later on?”

“A mistake probably.”

“Shit. You’re right.”

“But-but can’t we just be in the now and worry about later later? Please?” Buffy asked, trying to win him over, sweetly searching his eyes. “Please, William?”

“Uh…” Discarding words, he answered her by initiating a second round of touches and lingering kisses.
***

“I’m going to get in so much trouble.”

“No one needs to know.”

On her back, sprawled out on the bathroom floor, Buffy moaned in approval as William pulled each bra strap off her shoulders. He yanked the garment to her waist, not bothering to take it off completely before latching onto the hard nipple of her left breast.

“You’ve done this before, yeah?”

“Once. Can you slow down a bit?”

“No. Sorry. If I do, I’ll chicken out. You’re too young, Buffy.”

“I wasn’t for Angel,” she replied, weaving her fingers through William’s bleached hair as he tried to do everything at once. His head was in her cleavage, one hand was between her thighs and the other was unbuckling his pants.

“Angel? You let that goon touch you? He’s older than I am.”

“I wouldn’t use the word ‘let’.”

“What?”

“Nothing. You have a condom, don’t you?”

“Well…”

“William. Seriously?”

“Want me to stop?” he asked, spreading her legs wide.

“I guess not.”

“You guess?”

“I don’t want a kid with an uncle-daddy, okay?” Buffy joked, gesturing him forward.

“You trying to ruin the mood here?”

“No, no,” she groaned as he entered her and stretched her wide. “Sorry.”

“You sure you’ve done this before?”

“Positive. Kiss me?”
***

William collapsed, cursing and frustrated.

“Hey, it’s no big deal.”

“No big deal? I nearly killed myself, Buffy.”

“It’s okay, really. I’ve never had an orgasm anyway.”

“What?”

“I can’t be disappointed if I don’t know what I’m missing, right?”

“Never?”

“Nope.”

“You should’ve mentioned that before,” he mumbled, pulling out and rolling to his side. “Have you even tried?”

“No, I don’t masturbate constantly like some people. Maybe it would help if a honey like Riley Finn moved into Drusilla’s house. Think he’d be stupid enough to change in a room without blinds on the windows?”

“Drusilla…”

“I knew you forgot about her. She might still be downstairs. If not, I’ll give you her number.”

“You’re still playing matchmaker after what we did?”

“Our parents wouldn’t let us date. We’re steps, but we’ve been raised like brother and sister. They’d shit their pants and like you mentioned before, there’s the age difference.”

“Why-why’d you let it happen? I mean, why didn’t you push me away?”

“Why didn’t you push me away? Why did you let it happen?”

“Shit.”

Chuckling, Buffy kissed his cheek and draped a leg over his naked body. “It’s my fault. I kissed you first. You just kissed me back.”

“I undressed you…bloody hell, I put my dick in you.”

“Gee, Will, you make it sound so romantic.”

“It wasn’t, pet. We fucked on the bathroom floor. Do you even know the amount of germs that live in this rug? All I did was grunt away when you didn’t even come. We didn’t use a rubber—God, I’m a bastard! You should hate me! Fuck, I hate me! You’re my stepsister!”

“Could you scream a little more? God, do you want my mom to hear you?” Sitting up, she reached for her clothes and started to dress. “I didn’t think it was that bad. I liked it. I enjoyed myself.”

“It was a mistake.”

“I knew you’d say that! Didn’t I say you’d say that?”

“You can’t tell anyone.”

“Not even my new best friend, Drusilla?”

“That is not funny.”

“I think differently. Ha, ha, ha,” Buffy said, standing up to zip up her jeans. “I think it’s hilarious.”

“Buffy, you can’t--.”

“I won’t tell! I swear! Yesh, should we write up a contract or something? I won’t tell. I won’t get you in trouble. Are you satisfied now?”

“I guess so.”

“Get dressed, it’s hard to pretend that nothing happened when you’re lying there naked.”

“Buffy…”

“What?”

“Are you okay?”

“Since when are you worried about my feelings?”

“Thought it’d be polite to ask,” William shrugged, avoiding her eyes. “And, believe it or not, I do care.”

“I’m fine. A little confused, but fine.”

“I had no idea we’d get carried away like that, pet.”

“You regret it?”

“Do you?”

“I asked you first.”

“No. It felt right—hell, it felt fantastic.”

“But it was wrong and on so many levels.”

“I tend to do the wrong things, take peeping for example.”

“You have a point,” Buffy said, a soft smile on her face.

“Are things alright between us?”

“They couldn’t be much worse.”

“True.”

Taking baby steps forward, Buffy offered William her hand, helping him off the floor. “You should really get dressed.”

“You don’t like gawking at my heavenly bod?”

“No, I do, very much, and that’s why you should cover up.”

“Anything for you, baby,” William chuckled, pulling on his pants.

The next minutes were filled with a heavy silence as they glanced at each other coyly. Neither of them knowing what to do or say.

“We should head downstairs.”

“Couldn’t agree with you more.”

When they remained still, Buffy laughed softly and waved him forward.

“I won’t tell,” she whispered, squeezing him tight, happy that he was returning the crushing embrace.

“It’ll be our secret.”

“I wish I would’ve come with you.”

“Next time you will.”

“Next time?”

“Next time, you have my word.”

Buffy moaned, melting against her stepbrother as he sealed the promise with a lingering kiss.
***
Chapter 2 by facingthesun
Chapter 2

“Sorry about yesterday. Something, ah, something came up. I hope you didn’t wait around downstairs for too long.”

“I left when I heard more yelling…banging noises… Do you and William fight often?”

“Well, ‘all the time’ would be an understatement. We’ve always bickered and used each other as punching bags, it’s how we communicate.”

“Oh, but I can’t imagine William being so violent. I think he’s sweet.”

“You do?”

“Yes. Very, very sweet,” Drusilla admitted, a noticeable sparkle in her dark eyes. “And handsome… I’ve never seen anything like him. I could eat him all up.”

“You could eat him? Great, that’ll fuel all his future wet dreams,” Buffy mumbled, suddenly walking faster. “You really like William…?”

“Does he ever speak of me?”

“No. But,” Buffy sighed, continuing when Drusilla’s face fell, “I think he might have a crush on you.”

“A crush? On me? Really, Buffy? I can’t believe it!”

“Uh, neither can I…”

“What should I do? Should call him? Do you think he’d take me to the party at school?”

“You mean the dance?”

“Yes, yes,” Drusilla squealed, clapping her delicate, pale-skinned hands. “I will wear the most beautiful dress and feel like a princess!”

“I’m sure you will…”

“Buffy, if he chooses to go with me, will you come with us?”

“Um, let me think—no.”

“But--.”

“Dru, it’s a bad idea. A bad, bad, bad idea.”

“But my parents are strict and they won’t allow me to go by myself.”

“I-I don’t have a date.”

“I will find you one! Please, Buffy? For me?”

Buffy grimaced, knowing that if she went, it wouldn’t be because of Drusilla. “Let me think about it. Besides, ah, you haven’t asked him yet and--.”

“I will! I will call him tonight! Oh dear, I’m nervous already!” Drusilla exclaimed, pulling Buffy in for a crushing, one-sided hug.
***

As William waited, he struggled to find a comfortable spot on the sofa. He moved from the left cushion to the middle and back, until he decided to lounge across the entire piece of furniture.

“How long can one class be?” he grumbled, flipping through television channels. Finding nothing to grasp his attention, he tossed the remote and was about to pace the living room when Buffy opened the front door.

“Hello, pet,” he said, sinking back into the couch.

“Hey.”

“Did, ah, your class run a little late?”

“I guess so, but then I can’t say that I keep track of the time. Why? Were you waiting for me?”

“No,” he lied, shaking his head. He couldn’t believe how beautiful she looked, cheeks still pink from exercising, skin glowing from her muscles being stretched and sculpted. “How was it, your class?”

“Not nearly as exciting as my walk home.”

“Oh?”

“Yup, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it. Where are the parents?”

“Out. It’s their date night, remember?”

“Oh, yeah,” she nodded, unclipping her hair, causing blonde waves to fall at her shoulders. “Did they leave us money for food or are we fending for ourselves?”

William opened his mouth to respond, but became speechless when Buffy dropped her duffle bag and unzipped her sweatshirt jacket.

“Hey, don’t look at me like that! I’ve cardio-ed and aerobic-ized in this halter before. I just had to get out of that sweatshirt, it’s all covered in Dru. She’s a nice girl, but I don’t think she’s all there. You really picked a winner with her, William.”

“You’re all covered in what?”

“Drusilla hugged me. A lot. There was a lot of hugging.”

“Really?”

“God, keep your pants on. It was a friendly hug, uncomfortable, but friendly, you perv.”

When William remained stupefied, Buffy laughed out loud and rolled her eyes. “I’m going to take this stuff to the laundry room, okay? I’ll come back expecting answers about dinner. I’m starving. Working out always leaves me hungry and horny for some reason…”

“W-what?”

“Knew that would get a reaction. Where’d you zone out to, were you still in kinky Girl-on-Girl Land?”

“I was nowhere,” he answered, trying to gather his cool. “I’m just not feeling well.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.”
***

Returning, Buffy sat next to William on the sofa and hugged her legs to her chest. “What’s wrong?”

“I—are you wearing my t-shirt?”

“Do you mind? I didn’t have anything else to change into and it didn’t smell bad. It’s soft and really comfy, but if you want, I can head upstairs and--.”

“No, no. Wear it. Be my guest, pet. It looks great on you.”

“Uh…thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Hey, William?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you going to answer any of my questions tonight?”

“What do you mean?”

“Why are you feeling bad? What about food?”

“Oh, that. I have a headache,” he said, touching his fingers to his temple. “And food, well, they left cash for takeout.”

“So…it’s just the two of us?”

“I wouldn’t expect the parents to come back anytime soon.”

“Didn’t you originally have plans tonight?”

“Cancelled them, headache and all. But now, if you’d like, we could spend some time together…we could watch a movie, play a board game or, ah, do something else…”

“Something else? Like what?”

“Don’t know…” Clearing his throat, William scooted closer and causally wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “We could work on that promise I made you…”

“You want to have sex?”

“I didn’t say that, but…”

“I don’t think you have to. How much perfume did you douse yourself with, Will? I see why you have a headache.”

“Perfume—you mean my aftershave?”

“You shave? What? My grandma has more facial hair than you.”

“Buffy, if you don’t want to, just say it.”

“Did you set this up? How’d you get mom and Giles out of the house?”

“It was easy. Just paid ‘em off,” William grumbled, finding no reason to lie. “Gave them a free meal at a place with cheap drinks…which happens to be within walking distance of a hotel. Fed them both lines about the other feeling that they needed more romance…”

“And they bought that?”

“Yeah.” Sighing, he moved away, resting his hands in his lap. “Too bad I went to all that trouble for nothing.”

“Are you trying to guilt me into sleeping with you now?”

“No, I’m trying to give us a nice evening--.”

“Of sex.”

“No! Damn it, Buffy! Why are you being like this?”

“Because I need to know what it is that’s going on between us before she calls!”

“Before who calls?”

“Who else? Drusilla, dummy.”

“She’s going to call? Why?”

“So she can talk to you, so she can ask you out on a stupid date.”

“No…” William blinked, not believing his ears.

“Yes. She wants you to take her to the dance.”

“Seriously?”

“You think I could make this up? It must be your lucky week. First, you get laid; now, the girl you actually care about is showing some interest in you. And it’s not just a little interest, trust me, she really, really likes you.”

“My God…”

“And you know what the best part is? She wants me to come too.”

“Like as a-a threesome?” William croaked, supposing that anything could be possible after hearing that Drusilla had feelings for him.

“No! No way! God, is your head always in the gutter? She wants us to have a double date!”

“Oh…but why? Does she not want to be alone with me?”

“It’s her parents. They’re overprotective, I guess. According to Dru, they won’t let her near a boy without some kind of supervision.”

“So you’d supervise us?”

“Sounds a little strange, doesn’t it?”

“Oh, more than just a little.”

“No matter how strange it’ll be; I’ll go if you ask me to.”

William turned his head, startled when her voice grew quiet and serious. Their eyes met for only a second until Buffy looked away.

“Now do you understand?” she continued. “Whether you made that promise or not, we shouldn’t do it again because of her.”

“But what about us, me and you, pet?”

“That’ll be up to you.”

“So, you’re saying that I should choose?”

“No, I’m saying that you have to choose.”

“But I don’t know Drusilla very well, not at all really. We may have nothing in common…we might not get along…”

“All that we have in common is our parents. We don’t get along. We’ve lived under the same roof for years and know pretty much nothing about each other.”

“That’s not what you said yesterday, love.”

Buffy closed her eyes, letting out a slight whimper in reaction to the term of endearment. “I’m trying to be a good person here. I want to do the right thing and you should too.”

“But, Buffy,” William swallowed, not sure what to say. As much as he wanted to give Drusilla a chance, he wasn’t so sure he wanted to end what he could have with Buffy. What they’d shared the day before had been abrupt, impulsive, and brash, but Buffy hadn’t been out of his thoughts since.

“William, you know what you need to do.”

“Yeah,” he responded, leaning closer, drawn to her like a moth to a dangerous flame.

“Will—what are you doing?”

“I just, God,” he paused, running a curved finger along her cheek, “have you always been this beautiful?”

Her mouth opened in a small o-shape, a strained noise escaped from the back of her throat.

“It’s like my eyes were opened for the first time yesterday. What a difference a day makes, right?”

“Uh, I’m thinking it’s more like what a difference sex makes, or um, it-it might be my hair,” she suggested, bashfully tucking strands behind her ears. “I spent all my allowance on this new cream rinse…”

“I bet that’s it. It’s your hair,” he smiled, lowering his head to kiss her lips. It was a gentle kiss that Buffy seemed more than willing to return. Staying on their separate cushions of the couch, they lazily enjoyed tasting each other’s mouths.

“Oh, my God,” Buffy breathed, welcoming William closer by placing a hand on each side of his waist. “How did you learn to kiss like that?”

“Ah, you could call me natural.”

“I could, but no.”

“Cute,” William said, laughing as he pulled her against his chest. “So, what’s your excuse then?”

“Are you saying that I’m a good kisser?”

“I am. You gonna make a fuss over it?”

“No, no. I’m just not used to this. We’re giving each over compliments instead of insults.”

“Kisses instead of punches…”

“It’s so weird.”

“I don’t know, I kinda like it,” he admitted softly.

Buffy searched his eyes and bit her lower lip. He knew she was struggling to say something, but the telephone rang, causing them both to jump.

“God, you should get that,” she said. She was frowning, as if the telephone had suddenly reminded her about Drusilla and the dance. “I’ll leave you alone. I’ll-I’ll go get dinner. Is fast food okay with you?”

“Buffy, wait--.”

“No.” She left the room and returned to toss the phone to William from the doorway. “I’ll be back in twenty minutes. I have my cell.”

“Buffy…”

“Answer the freaking phone, William!”
***
Chapter 3 by facingthesun
Author's Notes:
Go to my livejournal for faster updates and more works in progress that I haven't put here yet because I havent named it yet (I suck at naming stories, if you haven't noticed).

http://facingthesun.livejournal.com/

Other than that, enjoy. Oh, and review please.
Chapter 3

With both hands clutching the steering wheel, Buffy closed her eyes and replayed the last ten minutes in her mind.

“Oh my God,” she groaned in frustration. “Stupid Drusilla was right! He can be so freaking sweet!”

Buffy collapsed dramatically, her cheek accidentally hitting the horn. The loud beep startled her, but she didn’t lift her head until the door on the passenger side opened.

“Hey, Buffy?”

“Is the date a go?”

“Not that I know of.”

“What do you mean?” She looked up as William took a seat in the car. “What are you doing?”

“She hasn’t called, or, I don’t know, maybe she has. Since you left the house the phone’s been ringing off the hook, about six times at least, and it’s very well pissing me off to be honest with you. I thought I could tag along when you picked up our dinner. You don’t mind, do you?”

“So, she’s calling and hanging up?”

“I think so. It’s kinda sad, isn’t it?”

“Haven’t you done the same thing?”

“I didn’t call her six times in bloody row,” William grumbled, his cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink. “I might stalk her a bit, but I have my limits.”

“Oh, really? What funny limits you have. You’ll gawk and drool over her naked body, but call her a few times? No way!”

“I won’t be a nuisance. I know her family wouldn’t appreciate that. When I watch her, it doesn’t affect anyone but me.”

“And the people who happen to hear you. Will, you do realize that there are very thin walls separating our rooms, don’t you?”

“Well, you have been bringing it to my attention. I do try to be quiet. Sometimes I play my stereo to drown out the--.”

“Okay, let’s have a new topic for discussion!”

“Okay,” he chuckled, putting on his seatbelt. “Here’s a good one: where do you wanna eat?”
***

“You sure you want to eat here?”

“I’m sure. Why shouldn’t we eat here, pet?”

Buffy watched William spread their food out on the table. He took each bag and paper carton off the plastic tray before sitting across from her in the booth.

“What?” he asked, eating a French fry. “Stop looking at me like that.”

“You really don’t want to go with her, do you?”

“Well,” he paused, opening the wrapper around his hamburger, “I would’ve jumped at the chance a few days ago, but now things are different.”

“You’re not just too nervous to talk to her?”

“No, no, I don’t think so, but then I haven’t been able to talk to her. I’ll know for sure only if she decides to speak to me.”

“But Drusilla’s your dream girl--.”

“Yes, she was.”

“Was?”

“I didn’t watch her this morning.”

Buffy blinked, trying not to smile. “Really?”

“Yeah, I had to get to the parents before they left for work, and I—I wanted to see you.”

“Really?” she whispered, causing William to look at her shyly.

“Does that please you, Buffy?”

“I—hell yes! That’s great, Will!”

“I’m glad you think so.”

“So, your feelings for her aren’t as strong now? It is just because we…you know…in the bathroom?”

“It has a lot to do with it. I haven’t been able to get you out of my head since.”

“It’s not just because of the promise?”

“Buffy,” he said, his blush returning, “what happened in the bathroom made me think about some things, and one of the things that never crossed my mind was Drusilla.”

“Really?”

“Yes, damn it,” he answered, lowering his voice. “I wanted her, yes I did, but now, I want you.”

“Really?”

His eyes narrowed, but Buffy could tell he was holding back a smile. “Eat your food, pet, before it gets cold.”
***

Back in the car, Buffy put on her seatbelt and started the engine before leaning over to kiss William.

“Okay,” she said, pulling away. She licked her lips and backed out of the parking space. “If we do this, no more peeping.”

“None?”

“And if you get the urge to watch her, you have to tell me.”

“But…”

“I want you to tell me,” she said, putting a hand on his knee as they drove. “I’m sure you’ll find it embarrassing and uncomfortable, but how am I supposed to feel if you’re with me, but still getting off because of her?”

“I can try, Buffy.”

“Promise me that you’ll tell me when you watch her, or when you feel like watching her.”

“I…promise.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”

“Good answer,” Buffy said with a wide smile.
***

“You thought you had a crush? I loved you before our parents met. I wanted you to like me so badly. I tried so hard to get your attention.”

William’s mouth opened slightly and Buffy took advantage by kissing him thoroughly.

“But all it did was backfire,” she continued minutes later. “You made fun, hurt my feelings. I had no choice but to fight back. It took me awhile to realize that you were head over heels for Dru. I heard you once…God, then I heard you all the time. It drove me insane.”

“Buffy…”

“So, I became Drusilla’s friend. I wanted to see what was so great about her.” She paused, reaching for the hem of William’s shirt. “Do you mind?”

“No,” he croaked, still in a daze.

Buffy pulled the shirt over his head and laughed softly when the telephone rang. “I wanted you to date her, to find out that she wasn’t so great and then give me a chance. You gonna answer the phone?”

Obediently he said hello into the receiver and hung up. “No answer.”

“The stuff in the bathroom was a total shock to me. It messed up my evil plan a bit,” Buffy chuckled, “but look at what happened.” She wrapped her arms around William’s waist and sighed happily when he returned the hug.

“Then I was afraid that you’d continue peeping and just use me for sex.” She swallowed and carefully looked him in the eye. “I won’t let you do that. If you want to be with me, I want to be the only naked girl that you’re peeking at. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for, is it?”

“No.”

“Good answer,” she whispered, tilting her head so their lips could touch. They kissed until the phone rang again.

“This is getting fucking ridiculous. Can’t we take the phone off the sodding hook?”

“What if your dad calls, or my mom?”

Knowing that she made a valid point, he cursed under his breath and reached for the cordless phone. “Stop calling, you stupid sod! If you want to talk, just do it, and stop playing these fucking games—oh, oh, hello, Joyce.”

“Are you serious?” Buffy hissed, grabbing William’s arm.

“Eh, so sorry ‘bout that, we’ve, well, we’ve been getting prank calls all night…”

Buffy watched, doing her best to mask her giggles as he spoke to her mother. “Are they coming home?” she whispered.

“How soon shall we expect you? Oh, that soon? Well, have a safe ride home. Bye, now. Love to my da.”

“They’re coming home! Why? What about the hotel?”

William put down the phone with a sigh, “Guess my evil plan didn’t workout either.”

“How long do we have?”

“Oh, I’d say five, maybe ten minutes at the most.”

“Do you think we have enough time?”

“For what?”

“What do you think?” When he continued to stare at her blankly, Buffy laughed and pulled him close. “Never mind, just kiss me until they come home please.”
***

“Drusilla.”

“I’m so sorry, Buffy! I can’t believe I was such a pest! Is William upset?”

“You called us a dozen times and didn’t say a word--.”

“He is mad, isn’t he? I was just so very nervous!”

“Well, after the seventh call, we turned it into a game,” Buffy said with a smile. “We placed bets on how long you’d wait to call again. It was kind of fun. I made twenty dollars.”

“Maybe I should just stop by and see him… Would he be home?”

“It’s more than likely. Come on, I think I see his car in the driveway.”

Buffy led Drusilla to the porch and motioned for her to stay. “I’ll get him, okay? And don’t be nervous, Dru. He’s more scared of you than you are of him.”

“Oh, thank you for doing this! You’re such a good friend to me!”

“You’re welcome,” Buffy said, moving quickly to avoid Drusilla’s open arms. “He’ll be down in a minute.”
***

“Oh, William! You have a visitor!”

“Who is it?”

Buffy’s eyes widened, taken off guard once Joyce came around a corner in the living room.

“Um, Drusilla.”

“The neighbor’s girl?”

“Yeah. I’m, well, I’m setting them up.”

“Oh, isn’t that nice of you!”

“I guess. Where is he? Have you seen William, mom?”

“Here I am,” he replied, coming from the kitchen. “What’s going on?”

“Buffy’s setting you up with Drusilla. Isn’t that sweet of her? Haven’t you had a little crush on her since we moved in?”

William nodded, giving Buffy a look that made her shrug and mouth that she was sorry.

“Why is she outside, Buffy? Why didn’t you invite her in? I made some cookies this afternoon; I bet she’d like some. What do you think, William?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Mom, shouldn’t you be—I don’t know, not here? Didn’t you and Giles have that thing?”

“What thing?”

“I don’t know…some thing?”

“We decided to stay home this afternoon—oh, speaking of William’s father, I’ll go get him. I’m sure he’d love to meet William’s girlfriend.”

William opened his mouth, but Buffy cut him off. “She’s not his girlfriend!” she corrected hastily. “They barely know each other!”

“But thanks to you, maybe that’ll change,” Joyce smiled. “Will, go let Drusilla in while I fetch Rupert.”

Buffy waited until her mom was out of sight to frown and stomp her foot. “Didn’t they have a thing? I remember them having somewhere else to be!”

“Why’d you bring her here, pet?”

“Because I wanted you to talk to her! I thought you could let her down easier in person, but now with the parents involved—damn it, they won’t let you crush her little…crush!”

“Hey, settle down. Everything will be alright.” Stepping forward, he cupped her elbow and ushered her into the laundry room.

“What are we doing in here? Our parents will be down in any minute!”

“I just…” He didn’t bother to finish before pulling Buffy against his chest. She whined in protest, but held on tightly as he kissed her neck and cleavage.

“Oh, William, what are we going to do?”

“Don’t know,” he muttered into her skin. “I can’t think of a good reason not to date her. Can’t tell them the truth, can’t tell them that I want you.”

Buffy guided his head up and kissed him hungrily. “Then maybe we should do the double date. You can dump her afterward. You can, you know, say that you’d rather be friends, that she isn’t your type.”

“But what about the guy she’s setting you up with? I don’t know if I like that part of the deal.”

“You jealous?”

“No—well, sort of—yes.”

“Don’t be. You know how I feel about you.”

He nodded, kissing her again. “Thank you.”

“Thank you? You’re thanking me?”

“Yeah,” he said with a downward glance. “I never thought someone would feel…like you do…about me.”

“Oh, Will… You’re welcome.”

“We—we should get out there, yeah?”

“One more minute,” Buffy whispered, pressing her palm against his flushed cheek. “Give us one more minute.”
***
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=17641