Gingerbread by Drusilla Williams
Summary: Happens during ‘Gingerbread’ during season three. Spike comes back to Sunnydale a little earlier than planned. As he hopes, he runs into Buffy only to then have her mother find two dead children with symbols upon their hands. When Joyce begins to see the children, she is forced to burn ‘the bad girls’. Oh, and since Spike is in it and this is a spuffy story of course, I’m adding an extra part!
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 9130 Read: 16016 Published: 03/05/2004 Updated: 03/05/2004

1. Finding Them by Drusilla Williams

2. Comforting by Drusilla Williams

3. A Little Magick by Drusilla Williams

4. In Trouble by Drusilla Williams

5. Fire and Demons by Drusilla Williams

6. Breaking Hearts by Drusilla Williams

Finding Them by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 1 – Finding Them



The vampire didn’t even get up in time before the slayers stake plummeted into its unbeating heart. “Wow! Buffy! You did great!” Joyce Summers said, holding a bottle of cocoa in her hands. Just then a vampire jumped behind her.

“Mom! Watch out.” Buffy grabbed her mothers’ hand, pulling her out of harms way. “Mom, please go over there so you won’t get hurt.” Joyce nodded, walking backwards as she watched her daughter turn towards the vampire.

Buffy’s eyes widened when she saw his peroxide blonde hair. He smiled, letting down his fighting position. “Well well well, isn’t it Buffy Summers! Been a while ‘asn’t it? Well, you ‘aven’t changed a bit since I last saw you!” He cocked his head to the left, an evil grin upon his face.

“Spike. What are you- why are you-“ She took a step towards him, placing her stake in her belt buckle.

“Already to asking questions aren’t we? And I see you trust me!” motioning to the stake she had put in her belt buckle. She shook her head smiling.

“No, but you can’t hurt me.” She stated, smiling as his jaw dropped open. He shook his head walking towards her.

“Now, what makes you think I can’t ‘urt you? That’s bloody wrong thinking a vampire can’t ‘urt a slayer. Just bloody wrong!”

“It’s not that I don’t think you can’t hurt me, I think you won’t hurt me because you know I can kill you in a second.”

“Well than you don’t know me! You-“

“Buffy! Buffy get over here!” Spike and Buffy looked over to where Joyce was screaming, confused. Spike looked at Joyce and then back at Buffy.

“What’s your mom doing ‘ere?” Buffy shook her head and jogged over to where her mother was standing, fallowed by a confused Spike. There, they saw a little boy and girl, dead upon a merry-go-round like play toy. Both wore a symbol upon their hand. “Oh bloody hell.” Spike shut his eyes, turning around, not bearing to look at the two children lying there, the stench on death around them. He looked back inching slowly towards them. He bent down, taking the little boys hand in his own, his thumb over the boys pulse point.

“Is he alive?” Joyce asked, holding Buffy in her arms. Spike already knew the answer to the question before he even touched the kid. He looked down, shaking his head.

“’fraid not.” His thumb ran across the boys’ cold skin. There was no life in this child. It made him sick to his stomach. Confused at how the child had such an affect on him since many a time he had kidnapped a little kid to bring to Dru as a token. He looked at the two misshapen bodies, tracing over them with his eyes when he saw a symbol upon their hand. He brought the hand up to his face, looking at it closely. “Buffy. Come ‘ere. Look at this.” Buffy walked over, still holding her mothers hand in her own. She looked down, her eyebrows knitting.

“You know what it means?” Spike shook his head. He titled his head to the left, trying to get a new perspective of it, hoping it might help him remember what it stood for. “I’ll tell Giles. He’ll know what it means.”

“Why would some one bloody do this? This is just wrong. I mean, at least the killer could have buried the kids and not leave ‘em ‘ere!”

“Well, whatever did this is going to get it. I’ll make sure of it.”

“How do you know a demon did this? You know its quiet possible that even in sunnydale you got those sick people! But of course, you got to blame it on a demon! Bloody typical of you slayers.” He sat down, his back against the edge of the structure. His eyes narrowed as he glared at the slayer. He crossed his arms over his chest, jutting out his lower lip.

“Well, it’s more likely that a demon did this then a person! We live on the hellmouth Spike and I don’t understand why you’re pouting. You’ve got nothing to pout about!” Spike’s jaw again dropped open. He stood up, looking her in the eye.

“I don’t pout pet.”

“Well it looked like you were from where I was standing.” Spike leaned down to her, glaring at her with as much force as she was to him.

“Will you two stop fighting! Two kids are dead! Nothing, especially you two fighting is going to bring them back!” Joyce yelled at them. Tears began to tumble down her cheeks. Buffy pulled her into a hug.

“Mom, I will find whatever did this and make them pay. I swear it.”

“Yes but that won’t make it any better. Those poor kids will never live again.”

~Library~
Giles polished his glasses, shaking his head gently. “Buffy, was there anything about these kids that pointed to demon, or anything?” Buffy pursed her lips, trying to remember.

“They had a symbol. Spike showed me it but he couldn’t-“

“Spike’s back? Spike was there with you? You weren’t fighting?” He put back on his glasses looking at her surprised that she hadn’t mentioned the vampire’s sudden arrival.

“Yes Spike there was with me and we were fighting, verbally but my mom was there and well there was the whole two kids dead thing going on that both of us just forgot about the other.”

“Whatever, you said there was a symbol on their hands? What did it look like?” Giles asked, pulling out a pad and pen, handing it to her. She took it, thinking before she drew the symbol onto the pad. She handed it back to him. Giles looked at it, his eyes widening when he recognized the symbol.

“What Giles? What is it? It’s demon right?” Giles shook his gently, looking back at her.

“It’s a wiccan symbol. It’s used in many of the English covens in England. I need to look for some information first, figure out if it is something they use in sacrifice.”

“You mean someone with a soul did this? Someone with a soul killed those kids?” Buffy couldn’t believe it. How could someone do such a thing? To little kids.

“Calm down Buffy. Just sit down and we’ll find out how to deal with this.” Giles walked over to a shelf, looking for the certain book which he needed. Buffy sat down, glaring at him.

“Calm down! Don’t tell me to calm down! They were kids Giles. You don’t know what it was like to see them there. My mom was there Giles! She was scared!”

“Well, yes that is expected,” he stated, pulling out a spell book and flipping through some pages.

“Can you also find a loop hole about slayers not being able to kill people?”

~Later than night~
Amy lit the incense. Holding the decayed skull in her hands as she whispered her incantation, she walked around the circle, passing her fellow friend Michael. She placed the skull down before pouring the mixture into the caldron, handing another to her friend. Willow took the cup from her, pouring it into the cauldron, causing the smoke to turn a different shade of purple. She took Amy and Michael’s hand in hers. Whispering the incantation together, they looked down at the symbol in front of them. The same symbol found on the two children.
Comforting by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 2 – Comforting



Spike swept the match over his doc martens, causing a flame to appear at the end. He lit the white candle he held in front of him before putting it down on the spot which the kids were found. He blew out the match, throwing it the ground. He shook his head, looking at the pictures of the two kids. “Spike? What are you doing here?” Spike turned around to find the slayer behind him, holding a lit candle. She walked over next to him, placing it down next to his own white candle. He looked at her, noticing the tears rolling down her cheeks. He moved to put his arm around her, comfort her, stopping before he finished the act. He contemplated, not sure weather to do it or not. Deciding he didn’t care how she would react, he put his arm around her, bringing her close to his body. She didn’t pull away but only buried her face into his shirt, sobbing quietly. He wrapped his other arm around her, hugging her gently.

“Shh love. It’s going to be ok,” he whispered, placing a small kiss on top of her golden hair. She shook her head, clutching at his shirt. He winced in pain as he nails scratched against his cold flesh.

“No. You were right. Someone with a soul did this.” She looked at up his startled expression. “A sacrifice. They were a sacrifice!” More tears fell as her body racked with sobs. He gently pulled her head towards him, stroking her hair lightly.

“Then I’ll get ‘em and I’ll kill ‘em.” He stated, starring at the lit candles. She pulled away from him, taking his hand in hers as she led them to a bench to sit.

“Why do we do it?” She asked, looking at Spike. He scooted next to her, pulling her towards him, missing the feeling of her body next to his. She snuggled up next to him, resting her head on his chest.

“Why do we do what slayer?” he asked quietly, stroking her hair.

“Fight. Why do we fight when we never win?” Spike was slightly taken aback. He figured this would be something peaches was good at talking about. After all, he was a vampire. Mortal enemy to the slayer and here he was. Holding her in his arms as he tried to explain to point of fighting for good.

“Well, I guess because there are things worth fight for. Sure, you might not win. You never win and nether does evil. It’s always a tie. There’s always a balance. But you don’t give up. Just because you don’t win doesn’t mean it’s not worth it. Everything is worth it if you believe it. Like fighting for those kids. We may not be able to stop all the evils in the world, but we can take down some.” Buffy smiled at him, gazing into his blue eyes. She nodded, looking out into the night. She closed her eyes, sighing, thankful for him.

“Spike, I know I might get you mad and annoyed but I have a question.” Spike looked down at her as she looked up at him. He nodded. Buffy took a deep breath. “Where you like this when you were human?”

“Now why would you think I might get mad at you for asking about my past?” Buffy shrugged.

“I don’t know. It’s just Angel didn’t like to talk about his past so I though maybe you didn’t like to talk about it.” Spike nodded, understanding. Of course peaches didn’t want to talk about his past. His past was full of bad things even as a man. Spike laughed inwardly to himself but kept his facial expression straight.

“Ah. Well, when I was human I was. How do I put this? Umm… well I was the total opposite of what I am now. I was weak.”

“Weak? How?” Buffy asked, looking up at him.

“I was a wimp. I was a ‘bastard’. The right term of course. My father had an affair with my mum and then left her when she had me. They were never married but strangely enough, I was well respected. Of course, I was picked on. I was a poor sensitive, poet, who wore glasses.” Buffy laughed as she imagined him standing with glasses with his peroxide blonde hair, holding a book of poems. “What’s so bloody funny?”

“I’m sorry. I just, I don’t know. You don’t strike me as the poet type. So, how did you get the nickname?”

“Which one love?”

“William the bloody,” Buffy stated, scooting closer to him.

“Well, got it for my ‘bloody awful’ poems. Which I admit were ‘orrible but for some reason, back then I thought they were good. But then it kind of fit when I was turned.” Buffy nodded. More questions about the blonde vampire bubbled in her head. “Anything else you want to know?”

“Um, well, how did you get turned?”

“Oh, well Dru sucked my blo-“

“No, I mean like what lead up to it? What caused it?”

“Oh. Well, back then as you know. I was weak, wimpy, and a really bad poet. All my poems were written for a woman by the name of Cecily. She was the object of my affections. I admit, she was the first woman I loved, except for my mum of course. Well, on the night I was turned, I was at ‘er party. Nice parties they were. Well, I ‘ung with a pretty bad group, meaning they made fun of me a lot. Cecily was in the group so of course I didn’t care what the others said. I was with ‘er. Well, one night they got a little carried away. You see, I ‘ad been writing a poem for ‘er and they snatched it away, read it aloud to the whole party. I was mortified. They weren’t for public reading. Well, she fled from the room. I went to find ‘er. When I did, she was crying. She asked me if the poems were written for ‘er.” He paused, taking a breath. He remembered the day as if it were yesterday. Her words still ringing in his ears. “I told ‘er yes. She then laughed in my face. I was confused. Thought she liked me too. She was always so nice to me. Kind she was. She told me I was beneath ‘er. I wasn’t good enough for ‘er. Well, like any respectable man, I gathered my strength, got my stuff and left quietly. I ran into Dru then and she told me she could make all the pain go away. I gave myself and she turned me.” Buffy looked up at him. He was now looking out into the park, his eyes beginning to water at the memory. She hugged him closer to her, trying to be comforting. He looked down at her, smiling. He put his arm around her waist, pulling her up onto his lap. She smiled, curling into a ball. “Tired slayer?” She nodded, closing her eyes as she rested in his arms. “Think you should go ‘ome then,” Spike said, shifting slightly, trying to find a more comfortable spot on the bench. Buffy just shook her head and mumbled softly into his shirt. “Come on love. You’re mum will get worried and I don’t really fancy getting ‘it in the ‘ead with an ax again.” Buffy giggled softly at the memory of it. Spike shocked, playfully pulled her up, turning her so he faced him. “You think that was funny don’t you?” Buffy batted her eyelashes, nodding her head. Spike smiled, running a hand over her cheek. “God you’re gorgeous.” Buffy felt her cheeks turn red. She bent down her head, closing her eyes. He lifted her chin, smiling. “You’re blushing.” Buffy looked up at him smiling. Last time she felt like this was when she lived back in LA, pre-slayer days. Sighing, she leaned back down, melting into him. Spike took a breath, putting his arm around her back and his other arm hooking under her legs. “Alright love,” he stood holding her as she rested her head on his shoulder. “Let’s get you home.”

Angel watched as the blonde vampire carried Buffy with such ease, making her seem as if she weighed nothing but a feather. He growled deep in his throat. He had planned on meeting Buffy there but no, Spike had to be there. He glared as he watched Spike disappear with her around the corner. “Oh you’re going to wish you weren’t ever around Spike.”

~Buffy’s Porch~
“Come on love, time to wake up.” He shook Buffy gently in his arms but she was too deep in her dream to awake. She rubbed her head against his shoulder, mumbling in her sleep. He looked down at her, smiling as she laid in his arms. Sighing, he kicked on the door gently, trying not to fall. He waited for a couple seconds before kicking again. The second time, the lights went on, fallowed by footsteps down the stairs. Spike waited patiently, rocking Buffy slightly back and forth. The door opened and their stood a tired Joyce. “’Ello Joyce. She feel asleep during patrol, so I thought it best if I brought ‘er ‘ome.” Joyce smiled sleepily, widening the door so he could maneuver both himself and Buffy into the house.

“Buffy sweetie. Time to wake up.” Joyce said, shaking her shoulder gently as Spike held her. Buffy mumbled in her sleep, clutching to Spike even more.

“I can carry her up if you want,” he said, still staring at her as she slept in his arms. Joyce nodded.

“Sure. I wonder how you can do it.” Joyce stated, leading him up the stairs.

“Do what?”

“Carry her as if she was a little baby. Last time I did that she was six. She had stayed up all night waiting for her father to come home from his trip. By the time he got home, it was already four in the morning and Buffy had already fallen asleep.” Joyce stopped in front of her room, looking at Spike then to Buffy. “Well, I’m telling you now. The girls’ room is a mess. And, you saw nothing ok?” Spike chuckled and nodded his head. She opened the door. “I’m off to bed. You can let yourself out right?” Spike looked back at her. Did something happen between the time he left and came back because everyone seemed to trust him. He nodded, deciding to put the thought behind him. Joyce smiled, leaving Spike alone with Buffy.

He gently put her down on her bed, taking her arm from around his neck. He then took off her shoes and socks, putting them neatly next to her bed. “Come on love, under the covers you go.” He pulled the covers up over her, tucking her in.

“Gordo,” she mumbled. Spike looked around the room, trying to figure what it meant. There he saw the stuffed pig with a tag on it that read ‘Mr. Gordo’. Chuckling, he handed it to her. She smiled as she felt the soft stuffed animal in her grasp; she hugged it close to her body, curling into a ball. Spike bent down, kissing her gently on top of her forehead. He pulled away only then to be stopped. “Spike stay.” Again he chuckled as he watched her eyes flutter open slightly.

“No love. You’re mum’s in the other room and she trusts me and I gotta say, I like the trust.” Buffy, frowned. “Sorry love. Maybe some other time.” Buffy nodded. She pulled him towards her, placing a soft kiss upon his lips.

“Thank you.”

“For what pet?”

“For being here with me,” she stated sitting up a little.

“No you don’t. Get back under those covers and go to sleep.” But Buffy didn’t listen, only sitting in an upright position.

“It’s not like Angel is making any move to.” Spike looked at her, confused. “Angel came back from the hell dimension.” His lips formed an ‘o’ as he nodded.

“The pounce is back. With the whole package?” Spike asked as he looked over at her. She nodded, sliding down under the covers, snuggling up next to him.

“Yup, soul and everything. I like this.” She closed her eyes, relaxing, melting into him. Spike nodded, than realizing what she was doing, shook his head. He stood up.

“I know what you’re doing and it isn’t going to work Summers.” He knelt down next to the bed. “Listen, sunrise is in an hour and you have school tomorrow. Now, time to say goodnight and go to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Promise?”

“Promise. ‘Night love.” He leaned in, kissing her softly.

“’Night.” She closed her eyes, hugging Mr. Gordo to her. Spike looked back as he reached her door to find her already fast asleep. He smiled, closing the door.
A Little Magick by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 3 – A Little Magick



The scoobies sat in the quad, discussing the recent disaster which was now known through out the town. “I don’t like this! This is a slayer thing that only the slayer and friends should know!” Xander stated, annoyed at how it seemed everyone was in the loop.

“Xander, the town has a right to know! After all, they were kids.” Willow stated, snuggling against Oz. Oz put his arm out her protectively, claimer her as is.

“Still, it’s demon stuff right? We keep the demon stuff secret!”

“Well you’re sure as hell telling everyone with your loud yapping.” Cordelia stated as she took her seat next to him.

“Well, if it isn’t my worst nightmare!”

“Buffy, what do you think?” Willow asked as she tossed a glance at her unusually quiet friend. Buffy smiled to herself as she thought of the past nights events. “Buffy?”

“Oh Buffster? Care to join us?” Buffy looked up at them.

“Oh, well, um. I got to go. Talk to Giles. I’ll see you guys at the Bronze?” Xander sighed as she stood. “Sorry guys. Not a lot of sleep and you know what that means. No sleep and Buffy are unmixy things.” The scoobies waved their good byes as she left.

Buffy pushed open the doors to the library to find Giles rummaging through books. “Find anything?”

“Afraid not. It seems Willow has the book that I’m looking for. Do you mind getting it from her?” Buffy flopped down on the table, crossing her legs as she fiddled with the ring which Angel had given her. She pulled it off, looking at it. Sighing, she placed the ring in her purse. “What’s the matter?”

“Last night I went down to the park to light a candle for the kids and Spike was there.” Giles placed down the book and walked over to her, taking off his glasses and polishing them.

“And?”

“And, well, is it ok if I think that maybe Spike might be a good guy only with out a soul?” she asked. Giles put on his glasses, taking a deep breath.

“I don’t think so. Buffy, last year, how many times did he try to kill you? And how many slayers has he killed? And you think he’s good?”

“Well, he was nice last night. He didn’t try to kill me once and he told me about his past and even my mom trusts him and she doesn’t trust a lot of people!”

“Listen Buffy. Why don’t you go get that book because we have to deal with this first. Then we’ll talk about Spike.” Buffy pouted but gave in, jumping up off the table.

“Ok, but we’re going to continue our discussion later.”


~Town Meeting~
Buffy walked around the filled room. Everyone was there, holding candles or signs with the children’s faces reading ‘Never Again’. Her mother had told her no one would come but she had been wrong. Her mother had rallied the whole town together! “This is bloody wrong. Sunnydale’s ‘posed to be the town that you could get away with stuff!” Buffy turned around to find Spike smiling. She hit him playfully on the arm.

“Bad boy! Remember, we’re paying homage to the deceased.” Spike nodded, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her towards his body.

“How can I be a good boy when you look like that,” he whispered into her ear. He smiled as he felt her shiver. He swayed with her, taking in the sent of her hair. Buffy looked down at herself, not understanding why. She was wearing some old jean overalls with a blue shirt yet somehow he found her intriguing.

“Buffy! I was looking all over for you and I- Spike?” Willow asked, motioning to Spikes arms which were wrapped around Buffy’s waist. He quickly pulled away, letting his hands linger on her belt buckle, hooking his thumb through the belt loop, claiming her as his.

“’Ey Red. What’s new?”

“You and Buffy together are new!” Willow smiled, turning towards Buffy. “Are you together?” Buffy felt her cheeks turn red, she bowed her head, hoping Willow wouldn’t notice.

“No Red, we’re not. We’re just, mortal enemies with benefits,” he said, smiling a wicked grin. Buffy slapped him gently, causing him to look down at her. “What love? It’s not really a secret anymore, with your mum knowing and all.”

“Citizens of Sunnydale. Thank you for coming here today. This has been a terrible time for our town. So I stand here with this sign and read these words aloud. Never Again. You all being here shows me what a caring, wonderful town you are. Now, I turn this over to woman who brought us all here tonight. Joyce Summers,” the Mayer said, a fake frown plastered on his face. The crowd clapped as Buffy’s mother took the stand.

“Thank you all again for coming. But I must disagree with you Mayer. We are not a good town. This town is an evil town. How many times have we lost a love one or someone died from a mysterious death? I was supposed to lead us in a moment of silence but silence is our disease. This town isn’t ours. It belongs to the vampires, the witches, and the slayers. I think it’s time for the grown ups to take Sunnydale back.” Many cried in aggrence and applause. Buffy backed into Spike, who in turn held her shoulders to him. He couldn’t help but growl low in his throat. Buffy felt him shake, as he was trying to keep control. His faced morphed, changing his eyes to yellow. Buffy turned around and pulled his head down to her level.

“Keep the lumpies in check!” she whispered, running her fingertips over his forehead. He swallowed hard, gaining control again. “Remember, that was my mom you were going all growly at.”

“I think I got a bloody right! This town doesn’t belong to vampires! And she ‘it me on the ‘ead! Remember?” Buffy nodded.

“Yea, but you were trying to kill me. Her only daughter, remember?” Spike rolled his eyes and smiled.

“Alright. So, what do you want to do?” Spike asked, pulling her towards him again. Willow watched the two in awe. How could Buffy like Spike? Not only was he her mortal enemy but Angel was back! Hell, she had kept him a secret from everyone for over two weeks but now she was going all goo goo eyed for Spike.

“Um, guys, still standing here!”


~Next Day~
~Quad~

“Hey Xander, have you seen Willow?” Buffy asked as she walked over to where Xander was sitting.

“Why do you all think I know where she is? I don’t always know where she is. It’s not like I fallow her or anything! Why do you all think that? Is this punishment?” Xander looked up at the startled Buffy.

“Well, you made with the smoochies so yes, this is what you get. Are those her books?” Buffy pointed to the piled books that where perched on the table. Xander nodded.

“Yea, she’s in the bathroom,” stated Xander as he smiled sheepishly. Buffy nodded, while shifting through her books, looking for the spell book which Giles needed. As Willow emerged from the bathroom, Buffy picked up her open notebook. On the page was drawn a symbol. The symbol that had lain upon the bodies of the kids.

“Willow, what is this?”

“It’s a doodle. I do doodle you know!”

“It’s the symbol that was found on the kids!” Just then, a commotion sounded from the hall. Willow grabbed her books and the three of them went to see what is was about. There, police and Principal Snyder were doing locker checks. “What are they looking for?” Buffy asked Amy who stood next to her.

“Witch stuff. They already found my stuff in my locker. I have to report to the principals’ office.”

“Shit! I have playboys in my locker!” Willow turned to Buffy after Snyder pulled Amy out of the crowd.

“Buffy! I have stuff in my locker! The symbol is harmless. Amy, Michael, and I were using it to make a protection spell for your birthday. Well, now that you know about it, it’s broken so Happy Birthday!”

“Hello? Turn the sympathy over here! Playboy’s in locker!”

“Miss Rosenburg. In my office.” Snyder held two bags of wolfs bane in his hand. Willow turned to Buffy, pleading with her eyes. Buffy took both the notepad and spell book from her, saving her from anymore trouble, sending her on her way.
In Trouble by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 4 – In Trouble



Buffy paced in the park. Something didn’t fit. How would a symbol used for protection be used for a sacrifice? Tired, Buffy sat down on the bench, holding her head in her hands. “Something wrong slayer?” Buffy looked up to find Spike standing in front of her, his head tilted to the left.

“Just thinking.”

“’Bout what?” he asked as he sat down next to her. As if natural, she scooted close to Spike, letting him put his arm around her to hold her close. She rested her head against his chest, breathing slowly, at a calm pace.

“What do we know about these kids? Where are their parents? What school do they go to? Spike, we don’t even know their names!”

“You’re right. Guess it’s time for Red to do her magic with the computer.”

~Willow’s House~
“Mom! I’m dating a musician!” Willow screamed at her mother, fallowing her as she walked around the room. Her mother whipped around, frowning.

“Willow!” her mother exclaimed.

“I’m a daughter of darkness! Oh Satan here my plea! Cast a spell upon for all and do my evil bidding!” Willow exclaimed overdramatically. She fallowed her mother up stairs into her room. “Take this force within me and use it for your will! Oh Satan! I bow before thee!”

“Willow you are to stay in your room until I think of a good enough punishment!” Willows mother walked out of the room, leaving Willow alone, locked away in her prison.

“What if I have to go to the bathroom?”

~The Library~
Spike bent down on his knees, catching his breath while Buffy questioned Giles. “Bloody ‘hell. I need a smoke.” He stood up, reaching in his pocket from his pack. Placing a cigarette between his lips, he lit it and watched in amusement as they Scooby gang tried to figure out what was going on.

“You know. I don’t appreciate you smoking in my library,” Giles stated, cleaning his glasses as Oz talked to Willow over instant messaging.

“Do I look like I care?” Spike asked. Giles rolled his eyes, putting on his glasses. “Thank you.” Spike smiled, taking in the nicotine one final time before stomping it into the marble floor of the library. “So love, what’s going on?” he asked, wrapping his arm around Buffy’s waist protectively. She smiled, looking back at him.

“Excuse me! What’s this?” Xander asked, gesturing to Spikes arms. Spike rolled his eyes and pulled Buffy closer to him.

“Get over it pansy boy. So Oz, what you got?”

“Well, these kids keep coming up every fifty years, in different places of course. The go all the way back to 1667. Hansel and Gretel.”

“You mean Hansel and Gretel who met the witch who lived in the candy house Hansel and Gretel?” Buffy asked.

“Yup.” Oz stated his voice in the same monotone manner as always. Spike looked at Giles.

“There are demons who take the form of some things. Fairy tales are common. You think that’s what it is Rupes?” Giles nodded, pulling out a book.

“Yes. I think Spike is right. I do believe we are facing a demon.” Buffy turned towards Spike smiling.

“Ha! I told you! A demon!” Spike rolled his eyes nodding.

“Fine, you win.” He bent down smiling. “This time slayer,” he whispered in her ear before he took her earlobe between his teeth. Her breath caught in her throat causing Spike to chuckle.

“This is bloody wrong,” Giles said, walking towards the entrance. “How I wish I was blind.”

~Willow’s House~
Willow paced in her room nervously after her mother had taken away her lap top. “I hope Oz and Buffy found what they needed,” she said softly to herself. She heard the doorknob turn, and then the door opened. “Come on dear. We’re leaving. Oh, and get your coat. It’s cold outside,” Willow’s mother said, smiling. Willow walked over to her mother, confused as to the many people who were standing behind her.

“Mom. What’s going on?”

“I said get your coat witch!” Willow closed the door as the mob began to charge into her room, her mother leading the pack. She felt them banging against her door. They were too strong.

“Why can’t I be Buffy?”

~Buffy’s House~
Buffy ran into her house to find her mother and some people she didn’t know in the living room. Spike and Giles ran in behind her, both bending down to catch their breath. “Mom! You’ve got to stop!” Joyce stood and walked over to her. Spike shot up, morphing quickly at the smell that surrounded him. Growling, he grabbed Buffy and pulled her behind him.

“Drop it,” he growled, motioning to the cloth that Joyce held in her hand. Joyce took a step towards them making him back up and growl even louder “I said drop it.” But before Spike could make a move, he had been knocked out along with Giles by people who had come up behind them. Buffy looked in shock but soon her world went black when her mother covered her nose and mouth with the cloth drenched in alcohol that she had been holding.

“You were right. It was easy.”

“And it gets easier,” the little boy said. He stood next to the little girl, both pale, with dark circles around their eyes.

“You must help us.”

“Yes. You must stop the bad girls.”

“Save us.” Joyce nodded, before picking up her daughter and carrying her to the law house.
Fire and Demons by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 5 – Fire and Demons



Spike paced back and forth, his yellow eyes glowing with anger. He watched as Cordelia continued to slap Giles. “Come on already,” he growled impatiently.

“Shut up. I’m trying and my hand hurts.” Spike walked over and grabbed Giles, hauling him up. He shook him violently, adding some slaps in between.

“Wake up!” After a couple minuets passing, he gave up and let Giles slump to the floor. “You deal with Rupes. I’m off to save Buffy.”

“Since when do you save Buffy?” Spike grinned wickedly at Cordelia.

“Because if anyone’s gonna kill her, it’s gonna be me. After I get a good fuck in first,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively, tucking his tongue behind teeth before hurrying out of the house.

“Where did Spike go?” Giles asked after rubbing his head. Cordelia bent down next to him, handing him his glasses.

“Spike went after Buffy. We better go to. And you owe me. My hand hurts.” Giles nodded, standing up slowly while Cordelia helped him up.

“Ok. We have to stop by my place and get some things for a spell.”

“What kind of spell?”

“Let’s just get in the car ok?” Cordelia shrugged but fallowed Giles out to his car.

~Law House~
Buffy’s eyes fluttered open to find herself tied to a stake with Amy on one side and Willow on the other. She closed her eyes again, shaking her head when she heard her name being called out. “Oh God! Buffy!” Willow screamed as she tried to get out of her bonding. Buffy shook her head again and looked around. It was then that she noticed all of Giles’s books around them and people billowing with torches.

“What the? Mom?” Joyce stood before her shaking her head. “Mom please untie me!”

“No Buffy. You stay there.” Buffy squirmed, trying to break the ropes but found she couldn’t.

“Buffy!” Buffy looked over at Willow who was starring intently at Joyce and her mother. Buffy fallowed her gaze and saw the little boy and girl. Hansel and Gretel.

“You must save us. Save us from the bad girls,” the little boy said to them. Joyce nodded.

“Yes! Save us.”

“Mom! Think! Dead people are talking to you!” Buffy squealed. Joyce shook her head.

“That’s enough Buffy. You have to stop.” She looked over at Willow’s mother who handed her a lit torch. “You’ve been so helpful through all this.”

“You too Joyce. We should keep in touch, have coffee.”

“Buffy!” Willow screamed yet again.

“Mom! Stop! You don’t want to do this.”

“I wanted a normal teenage daughter but instead, I got a slayer.” Buffy was taken aback by her mothers outburst. Her bottom lip quivered and tears sprung to her eyes.

“But mom, you love me.” Joyce nodded.

“Yes Buffy. I love you but what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t punish you?” Buffy raised her eyebrows in question as her mother set flame to the book which she now noticed were drenched in gas. The flames leapt up and spread quickly.

“Buffy!” Willow screamed, pulling harder at the ropes.

“Fine! You want a witch? I’ll give you a witch!” Amy screamed, her eyes gleaming with tears from the smoke. “Goddess Hecitay work thy will! Make thy filth thee crawl!” Amy shook violently as she shrank; turning into a rat before scurrying off and out of harms way.

“Don’t you think she could have done us first?” Buffy asked before resuming trying to think of a plan to get out of the fire.

“Save us. Save us from the bad girls.”

“GRRRAAAAHHHGGG!!!!” Both Willow and Buffy looked up from struggling to see Spike jump in. He looked around smirking happily as the people around him shuddered into corners at the sight of his vampiric face. He then spotted the two kids.

“Save us from the bad girls,” both said looking at him. He smirked, strutted up to them before grabbing their hair and pulling them up off the ground. They wiggled in his grasp trying to break free. He chuckled.

“Not so bloody fast. You see, you’re doing my job and that gets me pissed.” Spike threw the kids over, letting their little bodies bang into a wall. He chuckled but it soon stopped when the kids hugged each other, becoming one great demon. “’Ey! That’s cheatin” He lunged at the demon as Giles and Cordelia ran into the room. “Buffy! ‘Urry up! Spike yelled as the demon grabbed him buy the duster with his finger. “’Ey! You’re asking for it!” The demon walked over to the burning fire, threatening to drop the vampire into its leaping flames. “NO! No! Bad Demon! Bad!” Spike pulled himself up on the demons arm before sinking his arms into its flesh.

“Cordelia, the fire! Put out the fire!” Cordelia nodded before grabbing the fire hose and drenching the fire.

“AAARRGG!” Buffy looked over to see that the demon had thrown him off, knocking him in the groin as he did so. “Bloody hell!”

“Hey! You! Over here!” Buffy screamed. The demon reared its ugly head towards her. “Yea you! Come here! Save yourself from the Bad Girls!” The demon seemed to smile and charged towards her. Buffy struggled trying to get out of her prison.

“Buffy!” Spike yelled but soon found himself looking at a dead demon. Buffy had snapped the stake she was tied to and bent down while the demon charged at her, running straight into its pointy end.

“Did I get it? Did I get it?” she asked, not able to see the dead demon that stood in front of her. Just then, Oz and Xander fell through the ceiling.

“We’re here to save you,” Oz said in his monotone expression.

~Willow’s House~
Willow smiled happily as the magick smoke began to change from grey to purple. “Yay Amy’s gonna become a-“ she stopped and looked at Amy. A frown formed upon her face and she lowered her head in shame. “A rat forever.” Buffy patted her friend, trying to comfort her.

“Don’t worry Willow. We’ll make her a happy one and one day we’ll be able to help her. Do you have one of those wheelie thingies?”
Breaking Hearts by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 6 – Breaking Hearts



Spike took a swig of his whiskey as he looked around his new home. He smiled, happy with himself. He turned a full circle, taking another swig from the bottle for happily falling on his bed. Sun rise was just around the corner and finding himself pleased, he decided to give himself a well needed nap. He smiled, setting the bottle on his nightstand while he stripped himself of his clothes, climbing into bed happily. He hugged the pillow to him, a smug smile upon his face. He then pulled out a small pink shirt, taking it to his nose, smelling the sweet aroma that came off of it in luscious waves. “Slayer,” he growled, smelling the shirt again.

Buffy giggled as she watched him, growling her name, sniffing her shirt. But he giggled soon stopped as he rolled onto his back, sporting little Spike as he did. Her eyes opened wide as she slapped her hand over her mouth. “Bloody Hell Slayer,” he growled his hips bucking up. “Bloody tight.” Her eyes widened even more and she stumbled backwards, hitting a table. She gasped, turning around to stable it. When she turned back around, she was greeted with a smirking Spike. He titled his head to the left and cocked up a scarred eyebrow. “Slayer?”

“Sp-spi-spike,” she stumbled willing her heart to slow down for there was no doubt that he heard it. He smiled standing up. Buffy turned around, putting her hand over her eyes. “Spike!” she squealed, forcing herself not to turn around and peek. “Please! Cover yourself up.” Spike smiled sauntering over to her quietly before standing in front of her.

“Ok Slayer. All covered!” he lied. She opened her eyes to find Spike standing in front of her. She quickly turned around when she realized he had been lying. “Come on slayer. I know you wanna peek.” Buffy felt herself turn a shade of fuchsia. She shook her head, keeping her head down as she turned around. Her head snapped up immediately after realizing what she had been looking at. He smiled as she began to babble, sorry slipping out of her red lips every other word. “I told ya you wanted a peek.” Buffy looked at him, her eyebrows creased. Before he could stop her, her fist connected with his nose. He stumbled back, pinching his bleeding nose and he held his head back. “Bloody Hell Slayer. It’s called a joke!” Buffy rolled her eyes and walked over to him. “No. You stay right there. Don’t come bloody near me. Just stay,” he said, holding his hand out as if to block her.

“Spike, I’m sorry ok? I just, it’s just, you’re my enemy and these past few days have been really confusing,” she sighed, jutting out her lower lip. Spike suppressed a groan turning around. Buffy looked at him confused. “Spike? What’s the matter?” Spike growled deep in his throat. It was hard trying to keep control. Not only was she making him hard but with the smell of blood in the air, he thought he was about to go off the edge. “Spike? Face me before I make you.”

“Oh yea slayer, that’ll get me,” he growled, pushing his erection down which only made him groan at the contact. Buffy was startled and soon her heart began to beat at a fast past again. “Slayer, I think you should leave.”

“But Spike, I um, I need to ask you something.” Spike sighed, rolling his head back and forth in frustration.

“You’re killing me love.” Buffy raised an eyebrow in confusion. Spike turned around, his erection in plain view. Buffy’s lips formed the shape of and ‘o’ as she looked at it for a few moments. “Love? See something you like?” he asked, his lips forming in a smirk. Buffy looked up at him, blushing again. She turned away from him, not wanting to look him in the eye. “Pet, are you gonna tell me why your ‘ere?” Buffy nodded her head vigorously. “Well? What is it?” Buffy took a deep breath and turned towards him.

“IthinkImightlikeyouandIwaswonderingifyoulikedmelikeIlikeyou,” Buffy asked in one breath. Spike smirked again, titling his head to the side as he raised his scarred eyebrow.

“Need you to say it a little bit slower pet,” Spike said, already knowing what she had asked.

“I said I think I might like you and I was wondering if you liked me like I like you.” She said, letting out a long breath before falling onto his bed.

“Well. I don’t want to kill you anymore.” Buffy sighed and smiled intently at him. “But don’t get your ‘opes up yet pet. I’m still the big bad.”

“Oh yea. You are the big bad. Definitely big bad. No one is bigger or badder than you,” Buffy said before clamping her hand over her mouth. “That sounded a lot better in my head.” Spike chuckled before sitting next to her, legs spread, his hard cock sticking up. “Um, Spike? Could you please?” Buffy asked, motioning to the sheets on the bed. He chuckled yet again, pulling the whites sheets over his waist.

“Better?” Buffy smiled leaning in and placing a small kiss on his lips. When she pulled away she smiled even more as she looked at Spike. His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets. His mouth kept opening and closing as if he was going to say something but nothing came out. Buffy giggled, leaning in to kiss him again. This time, he responded, pulling her towards him to get a little closer. She was surprised at first but she soon melted into him. She felt his tongue trace her bottom lip, begging for entrance. She parted her lips, letting his tongue slip in, running along the roof of her mouth before dancing in tangles with her tongue. She was surprised at herself when a small moan escaped her lips causing Spike to smile into the kiss. He ran his hands through her hair before cupping her cheeks and pulling her closer to him. She scooted closer, fumbling a little while breaking the kiss. She groaned inwardly at her clumsiness but Spike looked at her with wonder. He was sure that within five minuets she would regain her conciseness and run out of his crypt before punching him in the nose again. But he was surprised to find that she only moved closer to him, settling herself on his lap before pressing her lips against his again. He smiled inwardly to himself as this time it was her tongue to sweep against his bottom lip. Soon her tongue had slipped in between his parted lips. Spike cupped her cheek with his left hand while he pulled her closer to him with his right, loving the feel of her body pressed up flush against his. Buffy automatically wrapped her legs around her waist, letting her hands run through his bleached curls.

Buffy pulled away after the breath issue finally made its way to surface. She looked at Spike to find him breathing heavily, looking at her with intense blue eyes. He traced her face with his finger, tracing her nose, her cheeks, to her swollen lips. He brushed a stray lock behind her ear, smiling at her beauty.

Buffy shook her head, untangling herself from him while leaping up from the bed. “I’m sorry but I have to go.” Spike stood reaching for her.

“Buffy.”

“No, you just stay here. I have to go. I have to leave. I have to call Willow,” she said, shaking from head to toe. Spike stepped towards her, touching her with his fingertips. She flinched and stepped back. He shook his head.

“Should ‘ave known,” he mumbled rolling his eyes. She looked up at him, confused. “What? I thought this was going to ‘appen Buffy. I knew that within a couple of minuets, you’d remember your brain and high tale out of here.”

“Can you blame me? Spike, how is this going to work? All last year you wanted to kill me and my friends and now you want all kisses?” Spike raised an eyebrow, before growling deep in his throat.

“You were the one who kissed me slayer.”

“I know and I’m really disgusted with myself and you shouldn’t have been responding! Damn you Spike!”

“Damn me? Come on Buffy. You think anyone could resist those red lips of yours?” Spike smirked walking closer to her. She backed up franticly until she found herself up against a wall. Spike leaned in, his chest brushing up against her.

“Giles can! Angel can! Willow and Xander can! Many people can! You Spike can’t. You need to learn to keep yourself under control.” Spike smirked.

“You know I can’t do that around you.” Buffy’s breath caught her in her throat as she felt Spike nudge her legs with his leg while running his hand slowly up her skirt clad leg. Buffy placed her hand on his chest as if to push him back at first but only to then trace circles on it. “Buffy,” he breathed, taking in the scent of her.

“No, no this- this is wrong. I can’t do this.” Spike pushed himself of the wall and moved over to his bed. Picking up the bottle of whiskey he had left on the nightstand, he took a long swig. He looked over to see Buffy standing there.

“Buffy, just get out.” Buffy walked over to him, touching his shoulder to pull him around. He looked at her, his blue eyes piercing, shinning with unshed tears. “Buffy, please. If I can’t have you…Buffy, did you feel something? Anything at all?”

Buffy paused, not sure at what to say. She wanted to be with him, everything in her body was screaming at her to be with him but she knew it wouldn’t work. She knew that one day he would go back to being evil and she’d find everyone around her dead. She looked up at him. “No. I didn’t feel anything.” Spike took another swig before throwing it at a wall. The sound of the glass shattering startled her.

“That’s bull shit slayer. You and I both bloody well know it. Why does the thought of you and me… forget it. Just get out. I’ll be gone by sun down ok? That way you can go frolic with your Angel with a bloody soul.” Spike began to put on his clothes while Buffy stood angry behind him.

“That’s not fair Spike.”

“Then what is? What wrong with you and me? Red didn’t find anything wrong with it. Your mum didn’t find anything wrong with it.” Spike spat, pulling his black t-shirt over his head. Buffy missed the pale skin that was now covered.

“My mom doesn’t know you’re a vampire. Willow does find something wrong with it. And you’re a vampire. I’m the slayer. It could never work.” Buffy turned to leave but stopped when Spike let out a forced laugh.

“That’s great pet. Tell me Buffy, what’s Angel?” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’m not listening to this.” She turned around ready to leave again. She began to climb up the ladder to get out of the bedroom but a strong hand pulled her back.

“Yes you are. Angel is a vampire. One with a soul. One that he didn’t ask for, one that he was cursed with. If Angel ever lost his soul again, you and I both know what would happen. He would ruin your life and my undead one. Angel is just a cover for Angelus. Angelus is still in there. But Buffy, this is me. Spike without a soul, willing to give up the killing, the maiming. I don’t need a soul to force the monster down. I don’t need to worry about losing anything because I’ve got nothing to lose.” He held her by the shoulders, starring into her green eyes. “If I can’t prove this to you, than what am I worth?” He stepped back, letting her go. Tears welled up in his eyes but he forced them back. He took a deep breath. “If I’m not good enough for you, than what is the point of me living anymore? If you leave, please,” he paused, going down on his knees. “Stake me.” Buffy shook her head, climbing the ladder and running out of the crypt, leaving Spike alone with his broken heart.



The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1772