The World Is Mine by spufette
Summary: Buffy is a Sunnydale narcotics cop. Spike works in Scotland Yard. What momentous case in the States will bring him here to be with her? Xander Harris is a drug lord and his girlfriend, Anya is pretty awful herself. Warnings: Okay, here it is: There will be no Spike and Buffy /other stuff in this ficttion. That's it, no fingers crossed or red herrings. Xander and Anya are bad to the bone in this one and I'm making no apologies for it. I always thought those two had the makings of Bonnie and Clyde at heart! This is a dark fiction; not pretty or sweet for the most part.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror, Parody, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Rape, Child Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 57830 Read: 13301 Published: 03/14/2006 Updated: 05/05/2008

1. Chapter 1: 'Disarm' by spufette

2. Chapter 2: 'Monsters And Angels' by spufette

3. Chapter 3: 'Lesson The First; Soul Guardian' by spufette

4. Chapter 4: 'Complicated Mess' by spufette

5. Chapter 5: 'Reunions.....Of A Sort' by spufette

6. Chapter 6: 'A Patient Man' by spufette

7. Chapter 7: 'Confessions Of A Tortured Soul' by spufette

8. Chapter 8: 'All Manner Of Pain' by spufette

9. Chapter 9: 'Buffy Likes!' by spufette

10. Chapter 10: 'Hurt' by spufette

11. Chapter 11: 'Vengeance Is MIne...' by spufette

12. Chapter 12: 'Her #1 With A Bullet' by spufette

13. Chapter 13: 'PAX' by spufette

14. Chapter 14: 'A Puzzle' by spufette

15. Chapter 15: 'Special Delivery' by spufette

16. Chapter 16: 'Surprise, Surprise!' by spufette

17. Chapter 17: 'Jealousy Does Not Become Him' by spufette

18. Chapter 18: 'Haddon Honeymoom' by spufette

19. Chapter 19: 'Spouses; In-laws.....and Other Strangers' by spufette

20. Chapter 20: 'Disappointment and Disdain' by spufette

Chapter 1: 'Disarm' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I hope you all read this story because it is a bit different for me and I'm a bit nervous about it.

It will have all of the elements of a long story; see listed below.
Thank you, spufette.
Oh, JOss and ME own BTVS/ATS and all the characters: This is written in stone!
THE WORLD IS MINE



Author’s Note: Well, this one is going to be a little different for me. And, yes, the title is taken from a line in ‘Scarface’ with Al Pacino. It will make sense later.

Some warnings right off:

(1) This is angst ridden, no question about that.
(2) Both Spike and Buffy will be on the side of good here so don’t expect a really evil Spike. He’ll be ruthless, of course, but not evil and yes, he’s a cop in this; so is Buffy.
(3) Xander is going to be the evil bad guy in this fiction so if you love him…..well; this is a warning.
(4) Anya is going to be nearly as evil and bad as Xander so again; if you love her, please be warned.
(5) Buffy isn’t exactly a perfect saint in this story. I never cared for saintly Buffy, but she won’t be evil; just a bit confused and slightly bent.
(6) There will be references to drug use by main characters. Nothing too graphic but it will be there. There will be character deaths, etc., so please be warned about that also.
(7) Finally, this story is not going to be just Spike and Buffy’s POV. Everyone will have their say in one way or another.


Summary: Buffy is a police officer in sunny Sunnydale, California. She is on the narcotics division of the force which will cause numerous complications.

Her best male childhood friend, Xander Harris, is a drug lord working out of Los Angeles. He won’t stay in LA for long, believe me and he apparently has no conscience whatsoever. Along for the ride is Anya Jenkins, Xander’s long time mistress, who also seems to have little or no conscience.

When a tragedy occurs, right there in Sunnydale, one that Xander instigates, Buffy is forced to ‘take on’ a new partner. The new partner is not from around there; he’s actually from Scotland Yard and the nephew of Rupert Giles. Guess who!

I do not want to reveal too much more, since this is an idea that has bounced around in my chaotic brain for a while now.

I hope you will read this and enjoy; again, it will be dark in places and Buffy is not a saint in this one.

Oh, there will be no Buffy/Other or Spike/Other in this story. It will take a while for Spuffy, but I’m not going to even go ‘there’ with the other stuff. Xander is obsessed with Buffy, of course, but that’s the end of that; no mutual feelings on Buffy’s part; ever.


Chapter 1: ‘Disarm’


“Behind every great man is a better woman. Behind every bad man is a woman who is bad to the bone!”

{Forgive me; I took a great quote and added my own ‘twisted’ twist!}


‘Flashback to earlier in the day’


Buffy Summers watched the macabre little man, Mr. Snyder (why didn’t anyone know this dick’s first name anyway). He helped the cemetery grounds’ keepers lower the expensive oak casket into the ground; via hydraulics of course.

Mr. Snyder (first name anonymous) was the most successful mortician in Sunnydale, California. That was saying something, it really was. There had to be at least twenty really good morticians in the vicinity; and to be the most successful was quite an accomplishment.

The funeral service had been long; sad and pretty fucking uncomfortable for Buffy. She was sure it had been quite uncomfortable for everyone in attendance certainly. Especially the poor family of the man being buried today.

Robin Wood, the man being buried here today, had been Buffy’s long time partner on the Sunnydale Police Department. More then that, he had been a friend, at least to Buffy he had.

Not only had Robin Wood welcomed Buffy into his life, but also into his family’s life. Robin was married to Kendra and the couple had two beautiful children; a girl and boy.

Right now, the entire remaining Wood family seemed to be watching Buffy, studying her as it were. Kendra’s expression had gone from grieving widow to vengeful angry grieving widow in a matter of moments. Unless Buffy was mistaken, not only did Robin’s widow blame her for her husband’s death, but the entire ensemble here today apparently shared Kendra’s feelings.

‘Oh shit,’ Buffy groaned inwardly. ‘This is going to be one long miserable day.’

Robin Wood had been Buffy’s partner in the Narcotics’ Division of Sunnydale for at least three years. Although they were great partners together, that’s where the partnership ended. At work.

Buffy had her personal life and Robin had his even fuller personal life. It was a life that included a beautiful wife and two young children; a girl and boy.

After the horrific funeral, complete with accolades of praise for Robin Wood, Buffy had stumbled back to the precinct. It had been nearly impossible for her to do so, but she managed somehow.

She had not even bothered to change out of her proper black funeral dress. Besides, it certainly matched the mood inside the precinct walls.

Rupert Giles, Buffy’s superior, sat in his ergo chair and watched her with weary, wary eyes. He was a handsome man even to Buffy. Her admiration of him was based on more then just good looks however.

The British born Captain Rupert Giles had been Buffy’s mentor for years. He had showed up in her life at a rather rough time; when Hank Summers, Buffy’s father, had skipped out on her and her mother, Joyce.

Giles as he was normally called was married to a wonderful woman named Jennifer. Both of them had taken Buffy and her mother in, just like family.

This turned out to be a good thing for Buffy since she had a tendency, in her youth, to get into some trouble about Sunnydale. That was well over ten years ago, however, and Buffy had straightened up and even gone to the police academy.

Giles took a sip of his tea and watched Buffy from over the top of the cup. He scowled, briefly, then sat the cup down and folded his long, slim hands together on his desk.

“How are you holding up?” Rupert asked his employee in a serious tone.

“Okay,” Buffy lied as she shrugged her slim shoulders in a show of indifference.

‘Who gives a fuck how I’m holding up,’ Buffy asked herself ruefully. ‘This is about Robin’s family for Christ’s sake!’

“Liar,” Giles whispered, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms across his rather impressive chest.

“It could have been you, you know,” he added as an afterthought. “Xander Harris could have sent those assassins after you instead of Robin,” he finished with a sad sigh.

“I’ll relay that bit of information to Kendra Wood and her two children,” Buffy snorted sarcastically. “I’m sure that’ll make them feel a hell of a lot better Giles!” She shook her blond head angrily and slumped back down into her own seat.

“Buffy,” Giles began in that clipped accented fatherly tone she hated so. “No one blames ‘you’ for what happened to Robin Wood. He knew this job was…..”

“Dangerous when he took it?” Buffy finished the sentence for her boss. “Doesn’t make me any less at fault, does it? Especially since if it hadn’t have been for me, Xander Harris would have been dead and buried years ago!”

Giles felt his stomach sink, yet again, and tried to mask the sad smile that threatened to show itself. He knew all about Xander Harris and his past; that and how Buffy Summers fit into it. However, it was this little blond dynamo, Buffy Summers, that Rupert Giles was most concerned about.

“You did not have a crystal ball, dear. Not back when you were eleven or ever since for that matter,” he continued patiently, his bushy brows were furrowed together in thought. “How could you know that when you pulled a twelve-year-old boy from a flooded river wash; that he would turn out to be an evil, vicious drug lord and murderer?”

“That’s a redundant question, isn’t it Giles? I mean ‘drug lord and murderer’ are pretty much one in the same, right?” Buffy shot her boss a sardonic little smile which caused him to smile also. It was pretty much the first time either of them had smiled in nearly a week.

“Besides,” Buffy continued quietly, “you know Xander’s childhood history almost as well as I do. You know what monsters his parents were; his whole family was. Christ, Giles, the father knocked Xander around for entertainment most Saturday nights. His mother wasn’t any better and…..”

“Xander could have, should have rose above all that, Buffy,” Giles interrupted her in his sternest voice. “We all have, what do you young people call it nowadays? Baggage, that’s it. We all have baggage from our childhood, Buffy.”

“He was old inside his shoes,” Buffy whispered breathily. “He burned beyond his years and….” Her sentence trailed off when she saw the way her mentor scrutinized her.

“Yes, we all know how well that little family reunion turned out; between Xander Harris and his parents,” Giles mumbled ruefully.

A sour frown again marred Rupert Giles’ handsome mouth and Buffy thought he looked much older then just last week. Robin’s death had affected everyone he knew; in various ways of course.

“My brother and I were raised by our grandparents,” Giles began warily. “I believe I have told you before how stern and strict our Nana and Old Da were.”


“Giles you don’t have to rehash this painful subject,” Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes. “I know you and your brother had an unhappy childhood but…..”

“No, Buffy, it is more then just that,” Giles held up his hand as if to stop her verbal retort.

“My brother, Geoffrey and I were basically orphans, you know that. Our parents had been killed, tragically, in that horrific train accident on the way to Kent. I do not wish to bore you Buffy,” Rupert muttered harshly, his blue eyes were filled with a long repressed anguish.

“I’m sorry Giles. I don’t mean to make your unhappy childhood seem unimportant and all,” Buffy mumbled regretfully. She lowered her green eyes, ashamed at her callousness to this good man before her.

“Buffy, it’s not that I feel that you are callous towards my unhappiness; not at all. Although Nana and Da were strict; nearly brutal actually, they did try their best with Geoffrey and myself. Of course, they could have been less abrasive,” Rupert’s mouth quirked slightly at the corners.

“Nana never cared for my father and thought mother should have done better. Even after my parents were killed,” Giles hesitated and shook his graying head at the memory.

“The point is, dear,” he continued patiently, “that even though my grandparents ruled Geoffrey and I with an iron fist, we managed to survive it. We were not allowed friends; too common for Nana and Da for their heirs to have silly friends. Sunday services at the local parish were first and foremost in our education; even though Da made sure we got to the University, eventually.”

“We did just that, Buffy,” Giles continued as he studied his protégé carefully. “Geoffrey and I did make it to the University and the outside world. I like to think we have become decent, contributing citizens of society. Geoffrey back in England and I, here in the States.”

“I know,” Buffy mumbled; her head still hung down. Just like a spoilt child who had been scolded but good.

“And what of yourself and your younger sister, Dawn? Your father abandoned you all and…..” Giles asked pointedly. He clasped the tea cup, with its cooling contents in his slim fingers and took another thought provoking sip.

“Mom, Dawnie and me,” Buffy whispered; her alert mode completely up by now. “We’ve done just fine,” she mumbled defensively. Her little pointy chin jutted out proudly.

“You have, dear,” Giles sighed; he leaned over and patted Buffy’s petite hand with his. “That is just the point, isn’t it? You and your family rose above the perils of tragedy; just as Geoffrey and I did. Xander never seemed to be able to do that. Understand?”

“I do,” Buffy murmured; not sure she was convinced, much less that she was that convincing.

“Let’s not speak about this any longer, not for now,” Giles offered gingerly. He seemed more upset for himself then for Buffy, but she resisted the urge to point that out.

“Remember something Giles,” Buffy began evenly, “Xander Harris will never really ‘hurt’ me. Oh, he might destroy everyone around me; just to hurt me, emotionally. He’ll never hurt me, physically though. Even Xander Harris has a touch of nobility in him. I saved his life, after all. How could he actually take mine?”

Giles shivered at the coldness in Buffy’s tone and the icy look in her green eyes. He hated it; that she had become so hardened in such a short time in her life.

“Buffy, I have taken it upon myself to get in touch with my nephew, William Giles of Scotland Yard. I feel he would be most constructive in this case to…..” Giles stopped mid-sentence when he saw the angry frown on Buffy’s face.

“So, you don’t trust me anymore Giles? With this case I mean? I mean, shit, you go on about how I’m not to blame and…..” Buffy rambled on angrily, her face was hot and red and she could swear she was beginning to sweat, profusely.

“No!” Giles almost screamed his reply. “I did not mean that you are not capable to handle this case. Or that you are to blame for any of this mess! You need to calm down and see the big picture here, girl; and to behave,” Rupert growled at her.

“Robin Wood was the only other person alive that knew how the screwed up mind of Xander Harris really dysfunctioned. Besides you that is,” he added reluctantly.

“This is William Giles we’re talking about, right?” Buffy asked her mentor in disbelief. “The one everyone back in Merry Olde England calls ‘Spike’ for some bizarre reason?”

“Well, yes,” Giles countered, rather proud to be speaking of his nephew. “He’s a genius, Buffy, truly a genius. No one knows the inner workings of the criminal mind quite like Spike, er uh William does,” he finished with a confident smirk.

“My nephew went to the University, just like his old man Geoffrey and I. He breezed through the classes and ended up in law enforcement; just like us,” Giles grinned smugly.

“That William Giles,” Buffy muttered with a scrunched up expression as she pointed at the picture on Giles’ desk. It was a picture of Rupert and Geoffrey Giles and oh yes, William Giles, apparently pre-Spike days. William had curly mousey brown hair and wore wire rimmed glasses.

“Well that ‘was’ some time ago,” Rupert stammered defensively; he turned the picture on its face to the desk.

“William has changed, a lot,” he mumbled under his breath.

“Oh, and I really so liked the wire rimmed glasses and the nerdy….” Buffy began, but she halted her sarcastic offense when she saw her mentor’s unhappy expression.


“Regardless,” Giles snapped abruptly, “William is coming to the States. He’ll be here before the end of the week and he ‘will’ be aiding you in this case Buffy.”

Giles peered down at Buffy over his own wire-rimmed glasses. He hoped that his stern demeanor showed his little rebel of a detective that he did mean business.

“Okay Giles,” Buffy sighed in defeat. “I’ll wait for your genius of a nephew to arrive with baited breath. Cross my heart.” She hoped that he didn’t notice the sarcasm in her voice.

“Go home and get some rest,” Giles mumbled in a rather cool tone. “You look like bloody hell,” he added almost tenderly.

“Gee, thanks,” Buffy muttered before she stood and walked out of Rupert’s office.


Rupert Giles placed his call to Scotland Yard, London, England quite quickly after Buffy Summers had left his office. He took a deep breath and wished for a stiff glass of fine scotch when his nephew’s deep voice answered his home phone in London.

“William,” Rupert began tentively, “it’s your Uncle Rupert,” he continued, stating the obvious.

“You don’t say Uncle Rupes,” Spike Giles chuckled on the other end; from across the pond.

“I wanted to let you know that I have informed Buffy Summers that you will be joining ‘us’ on this Harris case,” Rupert continued somberly.

“Yeah?” Spike asked, sounding somewhat disbelieving.

“Yeah,” Rupert repeated in reply. “She was not too bloody keen on you coming here William,” he grunted.

“Did you think she would be?” Spike chuckled.

“No, I did not,” Rupert continued, “and I am not sure I’m that on board with all of this. Listen William,” he whispered as if someone was listening in on their conversation. “I am not going to discourage this obsession of yours with Buffy Summers; frankly, I feel that the two of you are well suited to each other.”



“I feel that together you and Buffy could own the world William,” Giles stated with all the sincerity he could muster. The older man was weary from all of this drama for the past week or so.

“Thanks ever so Uncle,” Spike’s deep timbre of a voice echoed through the long distance wire.


“The point is this,” Rupert continued, ignoring his nephew’s cheeky tone. “While I do understand your obsession with Buffy Summers; you must remember that this Harris case is the most important thing now. First and foremost on the list. Also,” Giles hesitated as he tried to format his next words.

“I want you to realize, William, that I do not want Buffy hurt in any manner; physically, mentally or emotionally. It will not bode well with me or my Jenny if Buffy is harmed in any way. She ‘is’ the daughter we never had, but wanted. Remember, Xander Harris is obsessed with Buffy Summers also. His obsession, however, is psychotic and dangerous; very dangerous.”

“Oh, I’m bloody well aware of how dangerous Xander Harris is,” Spike muttered harshly from the other end of the phone line. “I promise you Uncle Rupert, I’ll not let anything happen to ‘our’ Buffy. God as my witness.”



There was a large, off-white but foreboding mansion that sat just off of Mullholland Drive deep inside the canyon of Malibu. The off-white building, with its large turrets resembled a fortress. Oh, and it was, really; quite a fortress to be seen and admired.

Said mansion belonged to none other then Alexander ‘Xander’ Lavelle Harris and his beloved mistress, Anya Jenkins. The mansion had been commissioned by Xander for his girl, Anya, to her specifications. It sat back from the main road, well back into a somewhat green but also somewhat barren hill.

The electric security fence encased the house and surrounding yards. It had to because Xander Harris was a very important man; yes he was. Because Xander was important, so was his woman Anya. They complimented each other that way; Xander and Anya. Where one ended, the other began and visa versa. Or so it seemed to the outside eye.

Xander Harris sat in his study; the one Anya had insisted he have built for himself. She had gone on and on about how it added a touch of class to the house; to her and to Xander.

He sipped his whisky like a pro and why shouldn’t he? Xander had mastered the art of drinking hard liquor by the time he was eighteen-years-old. Hadn’t his daddy dearest taught him everything he needed to know; at a young age? How to live hard; work hard and drink whisky hard? Oh yeah, and how to fuck hard too, don’t forget that Xand.

Xander listened to his girlfriend; mistress or whore or whatever they called it these days. She was in the nearby bedroom, talking to that bimbo of a cousin of hers, Harmony. He could just hear the little blond slut jabbering on and on; Anya had her cousin on speaker phone.

“I’m going to the country, with Derrek,” Harmony whined in that stupid nasally voice of hers. Anya grunted and snorted her approval between breaths and wasn’t everyone just fucking delirious with happiness?

‘How did I end up with such a fucking low-life bitch as Anya?’ Xander had to ask himself this for the thousandth time in a year.

Oh, she was hot, that was for sure. Anya had assets that other broads only wished they could ever have. She gave the best blow jobs; had a head for finances and oh yeah, the best thing about her? She could blow an enemy’s head off with a revolver with ever blinking one of her glued on eyelashes.

“Now, that’s a woman,” Xander rasped as he drained his whisky glass dry.

“Xand!” Anya bellowed from the bedroom. “You comin’ to bed soon? I’m horny!”

“With winged feet my goddess,” Xander replied with a hearty chuckle.

However, before he stood and joined his lover in their bedroom, Xander decided to play a happy little tune on his CD player. After setting the remote to its desire channel, he nestled back down in his study chair and poured himself another drink.

Xander’s song:


{Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins}


‘Disarm you with a smile
And cut you like you want me to
Cut that little child
Inside of me and such a part of you
Ooh, the year’s burn…..’


“Are you coming?” Anya bellowed again, this time way to close to Xander for his comfort.

“Geez, do you have to listen to such fucking depressing music?” She pouted, briefly before flopping down on his lap.

“This music is kind of inspiring for me baby,” Xander slurred in response. He was feeling the affects of over three glasses of strong whisky.

“Why, because your mommy and daddy were real psycho fucks?” Anya asked with an indifferent yawn. She inspected her newest manicure non-chalantly; never noticing the resentful look in Xander’s deep brown eyes.


‘I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my choice
What’s a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this smile over to you’

“It is really too bad that the bitch didn’t take the bullet,” Anya snorted and shifted around on Xander’s ample lap.

“You know I’ll never take Buffy out,” Xander whispered. His tone was almost reverent.

“Why, because she pulled you from a river wash over fifteen years ago?” Anya looked at her lover with wide brown eyes of her own.

“Something like that,” Xander muttered under his breath as he drained another glass of whisky and tried to juggle his girlfriend on his lap.

‘Disarm you with a smile
And leave you like they left me here
To wither in denial
The bitterness of one who’s left alone
Ooh, the years burn
Ooh, the years burn, burn, burn

I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my voice
What’s a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this over to you’


“So you’ll what? Take out everyone that means anything to Buffy Summers?” Anya laid back into Xander and snuggled into his embrace.

“Not everyone,” Xander murmured as he stroked his Anya’s ample breasts with his meaty hands.

“She is a bitch, you know that, right?” Anya muttered sleepily as she nuzzled Xander’s neck with her mouth.

‘Not as big a one as you,’ Xander hissed silently to his lady love. The chorus of his favorite song boomed through the CD amps and seemed to shake the whole room with its bass.

“The world is mine, baby,” Xander murmured instead, nuzzling Anya’s silky dark tresses.

“No, it’s ours,” Anya countered smugly as she kissed her man’s familiar, welcoming mouth.


‘The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you
The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you
The killer in me is the killer in you
Send this smile over to you…..’




Buffy Summers lay in her huge, double occupancy tub. She had this little beauty installed in her condo, special order, when she’d moved in over two years before.

She loved this tub; the whole bathroom it sat in and well the entire fucking condo for that matter. It was built for her; designed and decorated, just for her.

The music from her custom stereo component blared out into the bathroom and adjoining bedroom. She purred in time to the heavy beat as she reached over to the little table next to the tub.

With half-closed eyes, Buffy grasped the joint she had rolled earlier and saved for just this moment. She lit the blessed little number and took a nice long toke from it; savoring every taste and scent of the delicious smoke it emitted.

Buffy fully opened her green eyes and stared at the full length mirror that stood just opposite of her tub. She took in the sight of her bubble covered naked body.

Her green eyes were wide open now as she surveyed herself and the innocent looking half smoked little joint in her right hand.

“Hypocrite,” she hissed at her reflection in the gold guilded mirror.


A/N: I’m going to try and explain some aspects of the characters in the next few chapters. I understand that as it stands, some of them might seem a bit disjointed and confusing at this point.


Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 2: 'Monsters And Angels' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I am submitting this chapter today because I'm feeling a bit better now about RL and alot of things!
Yeah!
Anyway, please read and review and thank you for this lovely site and you lovely readers.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Chapter 2:


Summary: Spike and Buffy actually meet, face-to-face that is! Oh, Spuffy sparks will fly immediately, have no fear!

On a darker note; Xander and Anya return to Sunnydale for a quick visit. Could there be a Sunnydale reunion in the works?

A/N: This is a long chapter and I will explain the authoress of the beginning quote in the end author’s note. Thank you.


Chapter 2: ‘Monsters And Angels’


{Until you free yourself from the final monster in the jungle of your life; your soul is up for grabs…..Rona Barrett}





William Giles watched the passing scenery as he leaned back into the rather comfortable seat of the limo. Apparently his Uncle Rupert had decided to kill the fatted calf and all; for his arrival into Sunnydale, California, USA. It was Uncle Rupert who had sent the limo to the somewhat less then formidable little airport that was Sunnydale International.

Spike, as William was informally called, reached into the mini-bar and pulled out a diet coke. The whisky and other liquor called to him, but it was still morning in California. Even Spike Giles knew enough protocol to not drink alcohol before noon for God’s sake.

As he rode the last few miles to the Sunnydale Police precinct, Spike thought about his trip here and the reasons for it.

True enough, Spike knew more about the criminal mind then most law enforcement experts; no question about that. His uncle had apparently convinced Miss Buffy Summers of it, as well as the Sunnydale boys in blue.

However, there was a more personal reason for Spike to be here, now, in Sunnydale. For years now, Spike had been somewhat obsessed with Buffy Summers herself.

Some time ago, Uncle Rupert had sent Spike some photos of his wife, Jennifer and various other people in their lives. Spike remembered the first time he saw the photograph of Rupert, Jennifer, Joyce and yes, Buffy and her little sister Dawn.

Spike had read about, in letters, and heard about, via telephone and internet, about the virtues of Buffy Summers. Uncle Rupert had taken the young woman in as a protégé; well before she graduated from the police academy. It was the picture, though, the one of Buffy’s graduation from said academy that had caught Spike’s eye and intense interest.

There was something in that picture of Buffy; her long golden hair hung well past her shoulders and her huge green eyes mesmerized him. Even from an E-mailed photo print to him from the proud mentor, Rupert Giles.

The minute, no the second he had laid eyes on a full grown Buffy, Spike was smitten with her. He had fallen fast and furiously; shot by Cupid’s own bow.

There was something so soulful in Buffy Summers’ green eyes; even though Spike had only sensed it through a printed photograph off of his computer. However, those soulful emerald green eyes of hers also emitted something more; a sense of loss Spike felt. Spike felt he could literally ‘see’ right into Buffy’s soul through her eyes, even if it was only an impersonal photo that he looked at.

‘Always was a poetic ponce,’ Spike chuckled to himself as he thought about that photo. Even now, while he rode to Sunnydale precinct; Spike knew the photo was safe and sound, packed into his suitcase in the trunk of the limo.


Buffy Summers sat at her desk in her little office in the dreary building known as (dum-da-da-dum) Sunnydale Police Department #1. Of course, there was only one Sunnydale police department and this was it, oh tra-la.

It had been almost a week since poor Robin Wood had been buried; military and police protocol met at every turn thank you very much. Although things at the precinct were beginning to return to somewhat normal, Buffy still felt that everyone around her was watching her. Judging her; condemning her and yes, passing the order of execution on her.

‘Maybe it’s all the pot I’ve been smoking lately,’ Buffy reasoned in a moment of actual mental lucidity. ‘Maybe I’m just being paranoid?’

At the moment, Buffy was incredibly tired and simply put; she was bored out of her skull. Today was the big red letter day; the day when Rupert Giles’ sainted nephew ‘His Highness William Giles’ or ‘Sir Spike-a lot’ was to show his angular face in Sunnydale.

“Whoopie,” Buffy muttered in mock excitement. Oh, she was bitter about this alright. To think that Rupert Giles didn’t even trust her enough to not need the help of some Brit from across the pond! It was more then Buffy could stand and frankly, she’d made evil plans all last night. Plans to humiliate the unwelcome newcomer and make his very existence unbearable here in good old Sunnyhell.

Buffy sat in Giles’ office, her long right leg was crossed, non-chalantly over her left one. She had specifically worn a very inappropriate outfit that day; a short, short black skirt with a blood red silk rather low cut shirt.

“Nice outfit,” Rupert mumbled under his breath; he didn’t even look at his protégé at all. He just went over his paperwork and occasionally sipped his tea from time to time.

In fact, old Rupert hadn’t even bothered to speak to Buffy much at all since she had arrived in his office an hour earlier. Apparently, her boss had sent a limo for his Saint William whose plane had been somewhat late.

Just as Buffy felt the need to stick a pencil up her nose (out of sheer boredom) for something to do; Rupert’s secretary rang in on his intercom.

“William Giles is here Mr. Giles,” Doris the frumpy secretary chattered away in her annoyingly cheerful voice.

‘Why does Rupert have such a twit for a secretary?’ Buffy asked herself for the umpteenth time. ‘And if she’s such a twit, why not a young pretty one then?’

It suddenly dawned on Buffy that Jennifer Giles probably had a lot of say about her husband’s choice of office employees. Jennifer certainly had nothing to worry about, as far as Rupert’s faithfulness to her. However, like most women, Jenny could get some funny ideas sometimes. Buffy certainly knew all about that.

Buffy heard her captain’s office door open and the heavy steps of what could only be Doc Marten’s as they hit the tiled floor. She stood up and turned to face her ‘new partner’ with just the right amount of an indifferent stance.

‘Holy God!’ Buffy gasped silently to herself, in her own mind. ‘I thought that this guy was a nerd or something!’

Boy; had Buffy been misled, or misinformed that is by Rupert Giles! His nephew had changed, immensely from the shy looking, bookish young man in the photo on Rupert’s desk.

The good looking Brit standing in front of Buffy was not nearly so bookish or insecure looking. He was well, he was anything but that; he almost looked as if he walked on the dark side to Buffy anyway.

This guy looked like a Billy Idol imitator; right down to the leather duster and bleached blond hair. Was that a freaking sneer on William’s handsome mouth?

William Giles said nothing, just stood in front of the women he had been lusting after for years. Via a photograph that his uncle had sent him that is.

‘Buffy’s even more beautiful in person,’ Spike told himself repeatedly as he eyed her up and down. He noted the confused, almost surprised look in Buffy’s expressive emerald green eyes.

‘That’s right,’ Spike remembered suddenly, slightly amused. ‘She’s probably only seen that one photo of me; the one before I changed my look and…..’

As Spike and Buffy stood, sizing each other up, they both failed to notice Rupert Giles at all. Even when the older man cleared his throat, politely of course, to get his protégés’ attentions.

“I see you two have uhm, spied each other then?” Rupert Giles muttered under his breath. “Oh well; here goes,” he continued in his clipped British accent.

“Buffy Summers this is my nephew William Giles,” Rupert began somberly.

“Spike it is,” Spike held out his hand to take Buffy’s tiny one in it. He immediately lifted her long slim hand up and placed a chaste kiss on the back of it.

“Wow,” Buffy murmured, completely stunned by this newcomer’s greeting.

“William, ehr Spike, this is Buffy Summers,” Rupert mumbled; a slight scowl on his fine mouth.

“Yeah, I know,” Spike chuckled deeply, never taking his blue eyes off of Buffy’s wide green ones.

For the next hour or so, Rupert brought Spike up to speed on the Harris case. Buffy had an uncanny feeling that Spike had stared at her the entire time Rupert was speaking.

Actually, it wasn’t just a feeling on Buffy’s part; Spike had been staring at her the entire time. If Rupert noticed however, he said nothing about it.

Finally, Rupert stopped talking and started asking Buffy and Spike some questions of his own.

“I think if I take Buffy out tonight,” Spike suddenly interrupted his uncle, “to dinner say,” he continued. “We could catch up together on the case and all,” he finished with what he felt was quite a charming smile at the lady.

Spike grinned at a very surprised looking Buffy, but then frowned when he saw she shook her head no.

“I don’t ‘see’ co-worker socially that is,” Buffy stammered nervously with a shake of her golden head. ‘At least not anymore,’ she thought ruefully.

“Well, we could call it ‘business and have a nice chat,” Spike interjected hopefully.

‘Business my arse,’ Spike grumbled silently. ‘It might start as business but I’ll make sure it ends up pleasure,’ he assured himself.

Buffy was about to reject Spike’s offer once again, when Officer Riley Finn burst into the Rupert’s office. The large, hulking policeman seemed extremely excited as he practically ran up to where Buffy sat.

“Sorry,” Riley huffed a quick apology for the rude interruption. “I’ve got some news, from our inside source, on Harris and Jenkins,” he exclaimed proudly.

“Guess who’s back in Sunnydale?” Riley asked excitedly when no one else in the office spoke.

“Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun?” Buffy quipped sarcastically, still unable to meet Riley’s gleaming brown eyes.

Spike burst into laughter when the big oaf, Finn, stopped and actually took a breath. This Riley looked a bit confused at the non-chalant reaction of the lovely Miss Summers. Oh, and Spike also noticed how Buffy refused to meet Finn’s dumbfounded gaze.

“No, Buffy,” Riley whined, “Alexander Harris and Anya Jenkins! Our mole called us, just a minute ago. Harris and his bimbo showed up at the airport just minutes ago. From what our guy said,” Riley continued, “those two are here for a while. They brought three bodyguards and I don’t know how many suitcases and…..”

Rupert took this moment to interrupt Riley’s tirade. “Thank you Officer Finn,” his captain said politely. “We will digest this bit of information and come up with a new plan.”

Riley knew a dismissal when he heard one and nodded at his superior. “Anything for Buffy,” Riley murmured as he shot her a longing glance just before he left the office.

Spike watched the hulking man leave with narrowed eyes. ‘There’s something between them, or there was something between them,’ he surmised about Buffy and this Finn idiot. He felt a wave of possessive jealousy wash over him.

Buffy sat silently staring at Rupert’s closed office door, deep in thought. Even though she and Riley had called it quits, romantically, years ago; Buffy still felt a bit weird around him.

“Friend of yours?” Spike asked her suddenly pulling Buffy from her quiet thoughts.

“You could say he ‘was’ once,” Buffy mumbled her somewhat embarrassed reply. She glanced at Spike, who appeared to be green with jealousy and this stunned her completely.

‘He barely knows me. Why would he be so interested in Riley and me? Or any guy and me,’ Buffy asked herself, quite confused by now.

Spike glanced over at his uncle who was watching 'him' carefully. Rupert's left bushy brow was raised slightly and there was that bloody pinched look in his face again. Uncle Rupert had the most disapproving look on his face and Spike was about to say something about that when Buffy’s musical voice stopped him.


“Well, I suppose Xander and Anya will head right to La Mezzanote In Milano,” Buffy mumbled to herself, still deep in thought.

“It’s Anya’s favorite Sunnydale restaurant,” she explained quickly to both Rupert and Spike. “Xander worships Anya; he’d walk over hot coals for her,” she finished thoughtfully.

“What do you say, Spike,” Buffy continued, suddenly quite animated. “Let me go ahead and take you up on your dinner request? La Mezzanote is the best place in town and maybe you should meet our Sunnydale Bonnie and Clyde there?”


“Of course,” Spike replied gallantly. “I’ll have dinner with ‘you’ anyway I can,” he chuckled as he watched Buffy Summers blush all kinds of pretty shades of red.


Buffy scurried around her bedroom, various outfits were strewn around the room. The word anxious as a description for Buffy’s present emotional state would be an understatement. She was terrified by this impromptu dinner date with Spike Giles. No, she wasn’t quite terrified; more like petrified. Actually, she was petrified and pretty damned excited by the ‘date’ tonight.

The truth was; Buffy hadn’t been out on a date in a while; but not for lack of local guys asking her. She had just been out of circulation, socially, for a while; by her own choice of course. In fact, Buffy was rather looking forward to dinner with Spike Giles tonight. Even if she had a feeling she might be biting off more then she could chew; date wise that is.

After the big announcement by poor old Riley earlier that day, Rupert had taken Spike to his home to settle him in there. Spike would be staying with Rupert and Jenny Giles while he was here in Sunnydale.

Spike had arranged for a rental car and told Buffy that he would pick her up at 7:30 PM sharp for supper at La Mezzanote. Since she had gotten home this afternoon, Buffy had been frantically trying to pick out the perfect outfit for their date.

Finally, she chose the simple black cocktail dress; sweetly pretty, but sexy too. For some reason, Buffy wanted to really ‘wow’ Spike, even though she had a weird feeling that he may have already been wowed by her.

“Vanity, thy name is Buffy,” she giggled at her reflection in the full length mirror. “However, you do look pretty damned hot girl,” she finished with a wink and a grin at herself.

It was exactly 7:30 PM when her front doorbell rang and Buffy hurried to answer it. About midway in the living room, she stopped still. ‘Geez, I’m worse then a teenager,’ she chided herself before she began to walk slowly to the front door.

Spike had to take a deep breath when Buffy opened the door to him and he took in her ‘look’ for their date. She looked like a fucking goddess to him, even more now then ever.

“You look amazing Buffy,” he gasped as he gave her the once over again. He could feel his eyes grow even wider the third time he gazed up and down at this gorgeous creature before him.

Buffy wore a divine little black dress that was just short enough to show off her lovely long legs to full advantage. Spike could tell the dress was probably backless and he couldn’t wait to get a look at her exposed flesh from behind. He was pleased that Buffy wore her golden lock down; loose and flowing about her shoulders and arms. The make-up she wore was Smokey and sexy; a perfect compliment to her outfit.

“You look pretty darned good yourself, Spike,” Buffy retorted with a saucy little giggle. He did look great, Buffy had to admit. Gone were the leather duster and black jeans and tee shirt. For their ‘date’ Spike had dressed in well fitting trousers, still black of course and a blue button down shirt. He wore a casual but very expensive looking black jacket over his attire.

“Come in for a quick drink,” she asked coyly.

Of course, Spike accepted her delightful invitation inside.


Spike sat and just watched the beautiful Buffy Summers nibble at her antipasta salad. He was pleased to note that his date had seemed pretty relaxed and comfortable all evening. Spike only hoped that Buffy noticed he too was very relaxed and comfortable around her.

When they had arrived at the restaurant, Buffy’s appearance had caused a quiet riot amongst the other diners. Both men and women stopped their eating and conversations to appraise the beautiful girl on Spike’s arm. Spike had even heard some of the more loud comments of approval from the other patrons.

‘I suppose she causes quite a stir where ever she goes,’ Spike thought warmly, ‘especially dressed to kill like she is tonight.’ These private musings had caused him to smile since they had been seated at a particularly secluded booth.

The conversation, so far between Spike and Buffy had been relaxed and pleasant. In the hour or so they had been at La Mezzatone; sipping good wine, ordering their meal and munching appetizers and salad.

About midway through their main entrée; Spike was about to ask Buffy about her childhood when he noticed she had gone suddenly pale. In fact, the poor girl looked as tense as could be and her whole body seemed frozen. Buffy’s wide green eyes looked past Spike and seemed to be focused on something or someone behind them.

“Buffy, what is it luv?” Spike asked carefully, although he had a pretty good idea just what had upset her.

Xander Harris strode through the La Mezzatone as if he owned the joint. Well, it made sense really, because he did own half interest in it.

It also helped Xander’s massive ego that he was accompanied by his two best friends in the world. Jesse Coulton and Scott Hope not only were Xander’s friends; they were his two most trusted bodyguards.

At first Tony, the maitre’d, tried to show the Harris entourage into a private room in the very back of Mezzatone, but Xander suddenly stopped him. For some reason, Xander had an inner sense; an intuition if you will. He was drawn to the other side of the main dining area. When Tony showed them to another secluded area of the main dining area; Xander homed in on the reason for his astute intuition.

“Well, well, well,” Xander chuckled gleefully as he watched Buffy’s reaction to his presence. “If it ain’t pretty little Buffy Summers; my own personal angel.”

Jesse tapped his boss on the arm and whispered excitedly. "Hey, Xander since we’re stuck in this lousy town for a while, Xander, can I take a shot at Summers? I don’t mean with a bullet, you know? I mean that in a sexual way, Xand,” Jesse continued jovially. “You have Anya and…..”

“Nobody touches Buffy, got it?” Xander growled at Jesse; his dark eyes burned with fire.

“Okay, okay, boss. I get it,” Jesse grumbled in reply.

“Hello gorgeous,” Xander greeted Buffy after he closed the space gap between them and her table. When he finally stood right in front of the small, private booth she sat, frozen still he noted; Xander realized that his ‘angel’ was accompanied by an apparent date.

A strong feeling of overpowering jealousy hit Xander Harris like a tidal wave. He glared at Buffy’s companion; some bleached blond freak who obviously knew exactly who he, Xander was.

Spike watched Xander Harris’ reaction to his presence with even greater interest then before. The blond policeman noted the second Xander’s snide smirk transformed into a sick, twisted frown. It was when Harris spied Spike sitting across the table from Buffy.

‘Bloody hell if this obsession Harris has for Buffy has gone way past dangerous,’ Spike contemplated as he continued to clock Xander’s reaction. ‘Harris is in love with Buffy,’ he realized instantly by the jealous outrage he saw in Xander’s chocolate brown eyes.

“Hello Xander,” Buffy stammered nervously as she fiddled with the cloth napkin on her lap. She finally got up the courage to look her ex-friend in his soulless dark eyes.

“Where’s your uhm, well, I was going to say your better half,” Buffy continued in a snide tone. “But we both know Anya and you are about equal; as far as your stellar reps go so…..”

“Anya’s at our Sunnydale penthouse. We’re going to be here for a while and she wanted to settle us in,” Xander explained through gritted teeth. “I’m havin’ dinner here with my boys and takin’ Anya’s favorite pasta home to….”

“Just why the fuck am I explaining this to you?” Xander muttered harshly.

“I’d prefer it if you didn’t talk like a sailor in front of the lady, Harris,” Spike spat angrily.

“Who’s this?” Xander asked Buffy; completely ignoring Spike.

“My date,” Buffy replied evenly. “William Giles, this is Xander Harris and…..”

“Giles,” Xander snorted, “you’re old Rupert’s nephew, aren’t you? The cop from England?” Xander looked pretty smug, briefly, as he sized up this British Billy Idol wannabe.

“That’s right. I’m here on assignment you might say,” Spike replied in a terse tone. “I’m Buffy’s new partner,” he added with a cheeky smile at Buffy. Spike noted that his double innuendo did not go unnoticed by Xander.

Xander didn’t extend his hand in greeting, but then again, neither did Spike. Buffy just sat silently, still nervously picking at her expensive cloth napkin.

“Sorry about Robin, Buff,” Xander offered insincerely in his nasally voice. “He was a good guy and…..”

“We’re going to take you down, you know that right?” Buffy gruffly asked Xander. She bravely stared her old friend and present nemesis in the eye.

‘Good girl,’ Spike thought, smiling proudly. ‘Don’t let the fucking wanker push your buttons sweetheart!’

“You can try,” Xander countered indifferently. “Oh, Giles,” he continued snarkily, “you’re lucky that you’re Buff’s new partner. Our girl here has a history of let’s see, how do I put this politely? Oh, yeah, she likes to cozy up to her partners. She’s such a good girl that way and all.”

The three men standing burst out into laughter; that is until Spike slammed his own napkin onto the table and stood up.

“Look here Harris,” he growled through clenched teeth. He clenched and unclenched his large hands at his side. “I won’t have you talkin’ about Buffy like that and…..” Spike began again, but Buffy cut him off.

“Never mind Spike, please,” Buffy pleaded softly, her green eyes were the size of saucers. She glanced back and forth at her blond companion and her dark-haired worst enemy.

“Please sit down, Spike,” Buffy whispered; her voice was filled with pain. “Go away Xander, okay? Just take your hired killers and walk off with some sense of dignity for once. You’re making more of an ass out of yourself then of anyone else.”

“Okay, sweet,” Spike mumbled gruffly. “I’ll back off, for you,” he finished with a frown at Xander.

“I’m gonna’ wipe this town up with your fat arse, Harris,” Spike muttered under his breath. He wasn’t sure if Xander had heard him right or not.

Xander flinched, visibly, but seemed to relax a bit before he shrugged his massive shoulders. He stared at Buffy again; a slow smile formed on his large mouth.

“Take care my soul’s personal guardian angel and I’ll tell Anya you said hi,” he chuckled good-naturedly. “I’m sure we’ll all be seeing each other soon,” he finished with a non-chalant wave. Then, Harris turned and strode off; followed right behind by Jesse and Scott.

“Maybe we should go,” Buffy whispered miserably as she set her napkin on the table. She looked as if she was going to by physically ill.

“I say we stay,” Spike mumbled; taking another bite of his delicious pasta. “We stay and finish this amazing supper; the one that’s costing me a fortune and yeah, even order desert.”

Spike chuckled as he spoke and grinned at Buffy affectionately. “Don’t let him win, Princess,” he murmured tenderly while he reached over and patted Buffy’s petite hand. “He’s a bloody moron and an even bigger psychotic then I thought. Don’t let him push your buttons, sweetheart,” he ordered her soothingly.

“I know, but….” Buffy’s reply trailed off.

“I didn’t you know,” she began again in a raspy whisper.

“Didn’t what, sweetling?” Spike asked quietly, although again, he pretty much figured out what she was talking about already.

“I didn’t sleep with ‘all’ my past partners, Spike,” Buffy sighed. “Xander was implying I slept with Robin Wood and all. I swear to God, Spike, I didn’t and…..”

“I know that Buffy,” Spike interrupted her and took her tiny hand in his large one. He gazed, soulfully into her amazing green eyes and smiled kindly.

“You’re not the kind of lady who would sleep with a married man, Buffy, that’s obvious,” he continued evenly.

Buffy smiled, her green eyes shown with gratitude to Spike for believing her and understanding her position in all of this.

“Buffy why does Xander call you his soul’s personal guardian angel?” Spike asked suddenly; he held her hand tight in his.

“It’s kind of a long story,” Buffy sighed sadly in response. “I’m not sure I can go into all of it; not here and now,” she finished with a pretty pout.

“Tell you what then. Let’s finish this wonderful supper here and then head out to a nice pub somewhere close. You must know a quiet, decent place to have a couple of drinks and maybe talk about this more, yeah?” Spike smiled tenderly at the confused, upset young woman whose hand he held so tightly in his.

“Okay,” Buffy replied shyly. “Only I might need more then a couple of drinks and I have to warn you,” she paused briefly. “Alcohol and Buffy Summers are pretty damned unmixy; so be prepared,” she finished with a wicked little giggle.

‘tbc’


A/N: Okay, I wanted to explain the quote at the beginning of the chapter. Rona Barret was, of all things, a gossip columnist on TV back in the day (long long ago). When I stumbled upon this quote by her in an inspirational book I was reading; I felt it would be appropriate for our characters in this fiction.

In the next chapter, I will reveal some of the reasons Xander believes Buffy to be the guardian angel of his soul.

Oh and readers can look forward to a tipsy Buffy and some Spuffy action in the next chapter also! Tee hee!

Also, if any of you are reading my other story ‘To Know The Human Heart’ then you may recognize the restaurant La Mezzanote In Milano. I thought it would be fun to use familiar names from other stories about Sunnydale, CA, such as this one and the Bronze, etc.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 3: 'Lesson The First; Soul Guardian' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading and please review.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Buffy gets plastered and the fun begins. Will Spike succumb to a seductive, inebriated Buffy? (Now, what do you think?)

Later, Xander and Anya make some plans for their future; or at least Anya does.

Buffy begins to reveal her past history with Xander and some other beloved BTVS characters.


Chapter 3: ‘Lesson The First: The Soul Guardian’





“Okay, so you slap a pinch of salt on your wrist; then bite into the cut lime and finally take a shot of tequila!” Buffy was in the process of explaining the proper way to drink tequila shots to Spike.

They had stopped in at a favorite local bar of Buffy’s, or pub as her new best buddy from England called it. It was almost a neighborhood bar, located fairly close to her condo and Buffy felt pretty comfortable here.

Willie’s Bar and Grill wasn’t exactly top shelf, but it wasn’t exactly low scale either. At the moment, Buffy was sitting next to Spike, probably a bit too close for just friendly really. She leaned against the bar counter, giggling wildly while she watched Spike try and master the art of tequila shots.

“Not bad for a newbie!” Buffy laughed gleefully when Spike again got the process mixed up and sunk his teeth into the lime first.

“It’s lick; bite and drink!” Buffy squealed in delight, only too happy to show him the proper order once again. She noted that her companion suddenly appeared to double in numbers and he had a most wicked smirk on his handsome mouth.

“What?” Buffy asked innocently with a frown at her annoyingly blurry bleached blond friend.

“You,” Spike chuckled deeply; he reached out and gallantly steadied Buffy’s petite little body. The shiver that he felt down his spine when he felt her bare shoulder was anything but noble however. Especially when she spoke those suddenly seductive words that just rolled out of her delectable little mouth.

‘I better cut her off from the liquor,’ he reasoned logically. The truth was this; he rather liked his delectable little companion like this.

The devil’s advocate inside of his brain was assuring Spike that this might be a good time to get Buffy home. However his ‘DA’ as Spike had just nicknamed him was not advising any type of noble or gentlemanly behavior. Not at all.

Rather, ‘DA’ was suggesting all kinds of delicious things for Spike to do to Buffy. None of them had anything to do with getting Buffy home and sobering her up. Any time soon anyway.

“I’m thinking we should get you home,” Spike sighed as he took hold of Buffy’s slim arm.

“Why, are you drunk?” Buffy asked him with a mischievous grin.

“No, I’m completely sober,” he chuckled in reply, maneuvering her up from the bar stool.

“That’s because you’re not doing it right!” Buffy squealed in exasperation. “You’re not licking first, you're…..”

Spike leaned in and whispered into Buffy’s warm, adorable little right ear, “I think you’ve had a bit much, pet. I'm afraid its time to get you home at least. You haven’t even told me about this soul guardian thing. Let’s get you home to your place and I’ll make you some coffee, or better yet, tea, yeah?”

“Kay,” Buffy whined in defeat as she allowed her ‘date’ to escort her carefully out of Willie’s Bar and Grill. “See ya’ Willie!” Buffy screeched loudly as Spike led her out of the front door of the establishment.

“See ya’ Slayer,” Willie muttered with a shake of his rapidly thinning haired head.

"Mental note to yourself, mate," Spike mumbled under his breath. ‘Find out just why Buffy Summers is nicknamed ‘Slayer’ by the local townspeople.’

Buffy allowed Spike to maneuver her through the ever growing bar clientele and out into the dark street. She even let him open the passenger door of his rented Cadillac and help her into the car seat.

They finally made it back to Buffy’s condo; Spike had driven like a fucking altar boy all the way of course. No way was he going to get pulled over by the local boys in blue; not with a very drunken Sunnydale cop in his rental car.

“I can see my way into my own place,” Buffy slurred indignantly. She was a bit put out when her ‘date’ appeared to be getting out of the driver’s seat and heading around to…..

“You couldn’t see your way to the loo at this point,” Spike countered with an evil chuckle. “And if you don’t let me walk you inside and see you to bed safely? I’ll bloody throw you over my shoulder and carry you inside, sweetling. What’s your choice then?”

“I’ll go quietly,” Buffy mumbled in defeat as she allowed Spike to take her arm and lead her to her own front door.

“The key,” Spike ordered evenly, somewhat surprised when Buffy handed her condo key over, almost willingly.


“Xander!” Anya’s shrill voice echoed from the penthouse master bedroom.

Xander Harris cringed in anticipation of what was to come; then he poured himself another whisky.

“Christ, maybe I should have left the shrew back in LA,” Harris grumbled in exasperation.

“Xander!” Anya screeched again, but this time she was standing right in front of him; her arms crossed over her very ample breasts.

“Yes oh sweet one,” Xander muttered through gritted teeth as he took a strengthening drink from his glass.

“How could you stand there, like a fucking fool, in front of everyone who is anyone in Sunnydale and allow that bitch to…..”
Anya’s angry question was interrupted by her ‘other’ half.

“Uhm, Ahn, what should I have done,” Xander asked patiently; his right dark eyebrow was quirked up. “Bitch slap Buffy right there in front of Sunnydale’s elite?” He frowned at the vision of him slapping his little blond angel at all; much less in front of anyone at any time.

“Christ!” Anya spat in disgust before she turned and headed to the expensive looking bar in the penthouse. “If I’d have been there, I’d have kicked the little self-righteous cunt into next week!” She poured herself a whisky and flopped down on a nearby bar stool.

“You know, Ahn,” Xander sighed as he eyed his significant other, warily, “I think I’ve told you time and again; don’t use such fucking ignorant terms like cunt, twat or even bitch. It just speaks volumes about your less then stellar upbringing, baby,” he finished with a dark smirk.

“Fuck you,” Anya growled before draining her whisky glass.

“Of course you will,” Xander retorted in his snarkiest tone. “And, you’re quite good at ‘that’ aren’t you honey?”

“Oh, hell, I can’t stay mad at you,” Anya grumbled in defeat. She slammed her glass on the oak bar counter and scampered over to her lover.

After Anya placed her voluptuous rump in Xander’s welcoming lap, she nestled into him. He stroked her bare arms, lovingly, and hummed into her ear.

“You know I love you, don’t you, baby?” He asked suddenly; somewhat unsure of his girl’s answer.

“I know you do,” Anya sighed deeply as she snuggled up even closer to Xander. “I just hate that bitch, Buffy Summers,” she muttered under her breath.

“You know I can’t personally harm Buffy, don’t you babe?” Xander asked Anya for the hundredth time.

“I know,” the woman in his arms mumbled. "I also know why you can't harm an unnatural blond hair on precious Buffy's head," she sighed in frustration. It doesn’t mean I like it though,” she added with a pretty pout.

“If I take out or fuck over everyone in Buffy’s inner circle,” Xander continued seriously. “Then it’ll destroy her, eventually,” he finished in a whisper.

The couple sat like that, in silence, for at least ten or fifteen minutes. They cuddled and snuggled each other, much like most ‘normal’ couples. Then, Anya dropped her bombshell…..

“I wanna’ get married, as soon as possible,” the brunette woman stated evenly.

“What?” Xander hissed, nearly pushing his delightful bundle off of his lap.

“I wanna’ get married and have a baby,” Anya whined defensively. “Jesus, Xand, we’ve been together for what; five years? You promised, right from the start that I’d have your last name and your babies, soon. What was that? Lip service?”

Xander Harris felt like he was completely cornered, but he took a deep breath and swallowed hard. If he had any self-preserving senses at all, Xander’s biggest one was the ability to talk his way out of uncomfortable corners. This ability had served him well in the past and it would prove to buy him time now.

“Yeah,” he mumbled slowly as he pulled Anya back into his tight embrace. “I did, didn’t I?”

“You did,” Anya reminded him, yet again. She was sitting there, watching her boyfriend’s face intently.

“You know what,” Xander began carefully; his dark eyes seemed to dance with joy. “I think you’re right. We ‘should’ get married and as soon as possible. What do you say, Ahn, next week; right here in good old Sunnyhell. You can have a big wedding, or if you want, we’ll just go down to city hall and tie the knot. Maybe that’s the ticket, huh? How about a civil ceremony for now and something big and gaudy for later maybe? It will take some time for us to track down your mom; then she can attend the church wedding. What do you say Anya?”

Xander was pretty proud of himself; he had completely skirted around the whole ‘baby’ issue. After all, the world hardly needed any more fucked up children in it and Xander/Anya offspring would have been as fucked up as they come.

“Yeah, we’ll get married, as soon as possible,” Xander whispered tenderly into his girl’s ear.


“Set yourself down,” Buffy ordered Spike with a drunken giggle.

He did as he was told of course but he watched his tipsy charge with a careful eye.

“Want a nightcap?” Buffy asked seductively with a saucy little wink at her guest.

“I think we’ve both had enough Princess,” Spike replied evenly. “I did promise to make you some coffee or tea though,” he added.
“I’ll just head into your kitchen and…..”

“What about me?” Buffy purred softly as she closed the gap between Spike and herself. She swung her tight little hips as she sashayed over to a very stunned bleached blond hunky male.

“You didn’t say ‘me’ in the coffee and tea thingy,” she whimpered lowly and pouted.

“Buffy,” Spike sighed, “you don’t know what you’re saying, much less what you’re doing. Let me go into the kitchen and fetch us some tea, yeah? I’ll make it strong and…..”

Buffy snuggled up to her victim and grinned up at him wickedly. “You’re gonna’ stand there and tell me you’re not interested in me?” She tilted her golden head to one side and ran a long slim finger down the front of his stunning blue shirt.

“No, I’m not going to stand here and lie to you. I am ‘interested’ in you, of course; but…..” He paused briefly and thought about his next words carefully.

‘This is going to be hard,’ he reasoned silently. Something else on Spike’s anatomy was already pretty fucking hard too and Buffy was not making this any easier. If she rubbed up against him one more time and…..

“I’m not going to take advantage of you,” Spike blurted out suddenly, even with his arms wrapped about Buffy tightly.

“I want you, no question, have for some time,” he added with a derisive chuckle. “But ain’t gonna’ make love to you tonight and have you forget it all in the mornin’ sweetheart. I want you to remember everything that happens between us and I’m afraid that in the condition you're in; well, you’ll just regret it in the morning.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered in wide eyed shock. This was something different for her, wasn’t it? A guy that didn’t want to take advantage of her; imagine that? Wow!

“Oh,” she repeated again, a little louder this time. Buffy frowned up at Spike, but then smiled widely. He had the most charming, sincerest grin on his face; it wasn’t condescending or snarky at all.

A warm cozy very unfamiliar feeling crept up through Buffy’s body. Now, she could have explained it as the result of Spike holding her so tightly; almost possessively. However, she had a very strong feeling this unusual sense she was having might just might be more then that.

Buffy could tell by the ‘look’ in Spike’s gorgeous blue eyes that he just might be feeling this too. She carefully disentangled herself from his embrace and backed away from him.

“Sorry,” she murmured shyly; her neck and face were hot and Buffy knew she was probably the color of a ripe red tomato. Buffy felt suddenly stone-cold sober and hit by a wave of embarrassment and shame.

“No apologies,” Spike murmured softly with that ‘lovely smile’ of his still plastered on his handsome mouth. “Actually, I’m flattered,” he continued with a warm, kind laugh. “I just want you to be sure about somethin’ like ‘that’ and have it mean somethin’ to you, yeah?”

“Yeah,” Buffy stammered slowly, her face still hot and flushed.

“Uhm, how about that tea then?” She asked quickly; trying to salvage the situation by changing the subject.

Buffy managed to last about ten minutes before she fell blissfully asleep on her own sofa. Spike and she had set there, on the comfy couch, sipping their tea and talking quietly before she dropped off to sleep.

Spike watched his little charge as she slept soundly on her sofa, a little afghan placed lovingly over her tiny frame. He had allowed her to drift off to sleep last night and then laid her down as gently as he could. After placing the convenient afghan over her, Spike kicked off his shoes and took up residence on the Lazy Boy chair that sat across from the sofa.

“Goodnight Princess,” he whispered to her from his make-shift bed. “We’ll have ‘that’ talk in the morning,” he added as an afterthought.

Buffy woke up with a start; immediately struck by the awful pounding in her head. That and the wonderful aroma of something cooking in her kitchen. When she sat up from the sofa, she noticed Spike’s shoes placed carefully next to the couch. His beautiful blue button down shirt was casually laid over the lazy boy’s arm.

“Oh shit!” Buffy gasped when full awareness finally struck her like a fallen brick to her head. “Oh God, I must look like the walking dead,” she groaned; even that took an immense effort.

Spike took that moment to enter her living room; a make-shift breakfast tray in hand. He looked so damned cute, headed towards her with a ready made meal in hand that Buffy had to smile despite her sour mood or the banging in her brain.

“Well, good mornin’ sleeping beauty,” Spike purred as he set the tray on the coffee table before her. “Oh,” he began again before she could say a word, “don’t even think about not eating all of this fine breakfast I’ve made you. You need the food and the energy because we are finally going to have that talk we were supposed to have last night.”

Buffy felt like a complete idiot, especially since she suddenly remembered how she had behaved last night. The fact that the guy was still here, waiting on her hand and foot made her feel even more useless. Well, okay so actually she felt like a freaking queen at the moment.

‘A girl could get used to this,’ Buffy giggled to herself gleefully. Then that huge hammer in her head fell, heavily, causing her to scowl in pain.


“Oh God,” Buffy groaned miserably, “it feels like a freaking marching band, led by 76 trombones, is tramping through my head.”

“Well, you did say that alcohol and you were unmixy things, pet,” Spike reminded her. There was a somewhat wicked smirk on his mouth but Buffy decided to let that go.

“Okay,” she sighed, “I’ll be good and eat, besides, I’m starved for some reason.” She picked up her fork and began to munch down the wonderful eggs that Spike had made her.

“Aren’t you eating,” she asked suspiciously while he eyed her with amusement.

“I ate,” he stated simply. “When I was cooking, I had a nosh or two,” he finished with a shrug. “Didn’t know how long you’d be out and…..”

“I get it,” Buffy mumbled between chews of perfected toasted english muffins. “Coffee?” She asked hopefully, when she spied the delicious looking liquid in a mug on the tray.

“You bet,” Spike chuckled in reply as he sipped his own mug of the fine smelling drink.

“Mmmmm,” Buffy purred while she took a deep, long gulp of the hot, yummy coffee goodness.

When she had finished her breakfast; every bite of it, Buffy drank another cup of coffee and wiped her mouth daintily on her napkin. She leaned back into the couch and grinned over at her own personal cook, waiter and apparent miracle healer.

“Now,” she murmured lowly, her nervousness betrayed her inner anxiety. “Now I think I’m ready to discuss this whole obsession of Xander’s. About me I mean and this idea he has about me being his soul’s guardian angel.”

“I think we need more coffee first,” Spike said evenly as he stood to retrieve the coffee from the kitchen. “You lay back and relax,” he continued with gentle authority, “I’ve a feeling that this is going to take some time, yeah?”

“Let me ask you something, Spike,” Buffy began with a cautious tone. “Are you a religious man?”

Spike raised his scarred left brow and eyed Buffy warily. “I was raised Catholic,” he replied evenly. “Am I religious? Do I practice the entire Catholic doctrine or am I a bonafide religious sort? No,” he answered honestly. “However, I am a believer of sorts. Why?”

“You did graduate from the University though; like your father and your Uncle Rupert,” she asked carefully.

Buffy was always fully aware that religion was a touchy subject; that and abortion rights and politics. She usually stayed clear of these taboo subjects, publicly that is, but this situation warranted an open discussion.

“I did,” Spike responded quickly. Graduating from ‘The University’ had always been a high point in his life. Something Spike was incredibly proud of and nothing he would ever apologize for.

“Then I take it that like your uncle,” Buffy continued matter-of-factly, “you were required to study world religions?”

“Yes,” Spike answer as he squirmed in discomfort in the lazy boy recliner.

“Well, believe it or not, Xander Harris studied religions too,” Buffy continued with a wry smirk. “Are you familiar with the Muslim belief of tit for tat? I mean for a lack of better terminology?”

“If a human being saves another human being’s life,” she continued somberly, “then the one saved owes recompense. That person, the saved one, must save the savior’s life at some point in time. Then, and only then, can the first saved being be free of the responsibility of the other’s human life.”

“I never pegged Harris for a particularly religious man,” Spike gaffawed in response. “Are you saying Xander Harris has to save your life at some time to….”

“He’s not, really. Religious I mean,” Buffy muttered, virtually cutting of Spike’s question. “However, he’s incredibly superstitious,” she finished with a shrug.

“If you think about it,” she continued thoughtfully, “Xander has really saved my ass a few times. In his own, twisted way that is,” she sighed.

“Xander has this notion that since I saved his life when we were kids; that I am forever the keeper of his mortal soul. A guardian angel of his human, soulful entity. If I go the way of death; especially at Xander's own hands somehow? Then his mortal soul is in danger of wallowing in earthly limbo. Not even his beloved girl friend, Anya Jenkins, would be able to save Xander’s soul. She loves Xander, Anya truly does,” Buffy’s voice was barely a whisper.

“Do you believe this bloody rot too?” Spike asked warily as he watched Buffy’s reaction.

“No,” the little blond mumbled, “but it’s enough that Xander believes it. He’s obsessed with the idea; obsessed with me because of it,” she finished sadly.

“Harris is in love with you. You know that, right?” Spike asked carefully as he tried to thwart the wave of jealousy that attempted to overcome him.

“Yes,” she answered simply enough. “But he’s not so emotionally inept that he thinks I reciprocate his feelings. Xander came to grips with my rejection of his affections years ago. That’s why…..”

“He’s hurt you, indirectly, then; a hundred times in a hundred ways?” Spike finished the sentence for her.

Buffy paused momentarily, unsure of how much she should reveal to this virtual stranger before her. Even though he had technically spent the night with her, platonically that is.

“He has,” she whispered quietly. “It started back in college,” Buffy continued gruffly. “Xander went after a friend of mine; I mean a mutual best friend of ours. Willow Rosenberg,” she mumbled reverently.

“What did Harris do to your friend?” Spike asked cautiously. He noted the look of pain that crossed through Buffy’s beautiful green eyes.

“He broke her heart,” Buffy replied in a horrified whisper. “He seduced Willow, when she was far from ready for it and then devastated her emotionally.”

“Harris did this because you didn’t love him?” Spike asked in a subdued tone.

“Xander did it because he knew it would hurt me; to hurt my best friend,” Buffy murmured sorrowfully. “He set out to break Willow’s poor heart, just to break mine indirectly.”

“He’s a fucking monster,” Spike hissed. He leaned over and took Buffy’s tiny, shaking right hand in his.

“Yes, he is,” Buffy whimpered.


A/N: That was weird, huh? Anyway, more history about Buffy, Xander, Willow and yes, Angel and Cordelia in the next chappie!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 4: 'Complicated Mess' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading and please review.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Buffy begins to enlighten Spike even more about the dangerous mind of Xander Harris. Spike immediately realizes that Buffy is not as hardened, emotionally, as she would like people to believe. Buffy starts to reveal what really happened to Xander’s parents.

Warnings: There is some sexual references (not really graphic) made regarding Xander/Other. If Xander sex makes you feel nauseous, please be forewarned.




Chapter 4: ‘Complicated Mess’


Buffy wondered at times how things had gotten so complicated in what should have been her simple life. When she was a mere child, she had almost effortlessly pulled Alexander Harris from a flooded river wash just outside the Sunnydale city limits.

Who in the hell knew what the repercussions of that few minutes in her past would be? How could anyone, at that time, know that Harris would turn out to be a walking nightmare in Sunnydale and Los Angeles.

Alexander ‘Xander’ Harris had lived, barely, after Buffy pulled him from the wash. Willow Rosenberg, who had been there that day but had done little more then fret and wring her hands, proceeded to rush out and tell everyone in Sunnydale about Buffy’s heroics.

Oddly, the Harris family, Xander’s family, never made much of a big deal about Buffy saving their oldest son’s life. Instead, they seemed to shrug off the whole incident as kismet, or fate, or whatever the local PC crowd was calling it at the time.

The truth was, Buffy often wondered in the years since if Xander’s parents had not preferred that their oldest son had died in that river wash. Almost as if the Harris patriarch and matriarch had already figured out what kind of monsters they had created in Alexander; and his younger brother Franklin. Almost as if they expected some super hero(ine) to come forth and destroy the freakish creations they had carelessly made.

Too bad Larry and Connie Harris had not bothered to share their concerns with the rest of the world. They might have saved everyone a lot of grief.

Buffy sipped her cooling coffee and watched Spike, warily, from over the edge of her cup. Her confessions of her past did not seem to be making much of an impression of horror on this blond Brit. Then again, Buffy had to assume that Spike Giles knew almost as much about Xander Harris as she did. Almost as much that is.

Spike could not know the deepest, darkest secrets of Buffy’s very soul; not at all. Not even where Xander was concerned and even less about where her own pain was concerned. How could Rupert’s nephew have any idea of just how guilty Buffy felt about saving Xander years before? For that matter, could Spike begin to understand how guilty feeling guilty about saving another human being made Buffy?

‘My life is just a big fucking mess,’ Buffy muttered to herself, angry once again. Why the hell was this annoying bleached blond cop from England here again anyway? Oh, yeah, because Rupert Giles, Buffy’s supervisor had ordained it so. So it was.


“So, your friend, Willow?” Spike mumbled as casually as he could. “She was hurt by Harris and….”

“She got over it,” Buffy replied, almost indifferently, Spike noted with just a hint of confusion.

“Oh,” he grunted in reply; for lack of anything better to say.

“Okay, so Willow didn’t get over it really fast or anything,” Buffy stated evenly. “She did move on, finally,” she finished with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Hmmm,” Spike muttered, still unsure of what to say or do at this point. Buffy was turning out to be a bit of an enigma and for once Spike was at a bit of a loss here.

“Anya showed up, soon after Xander seduced Willow and well then he abandoned her completely.” Buffy grumbled under her breath as she looked around her condo. She was trying to focus on anything but Spike Giles at this point but apparently, he wasn’t getting her obvious hints.


“Not that Xander would have hung around much longer anyway,” Buffy spat in disgust. “He’d done his damage and all. Then he moved on to the first bitch in heat that showed up and…..” Her voice trailed off; almost as if she was ashamed of herself for saying those hateful words.


“She, Willow, she got over it, finally and moved on to a really great guy. His name is Daniel Osbourne but he goes by Oz and he’s this great guitar player, okay?” Buffy finished quietly; her tone was full of resignation.

Buffy appeared to be getting more then a bit edgy at the present time and Spike decided to change the subject; somewhat.

“What about the Harris’; Xander and his brother’s parents? Do you know what really happened after that little family reunion, here in Sunnydale?” Spike asked quietly as he studied Buffy’s facial expressions carefully. He noticed that she completely ignored his last question and went right back to the Xander/Willow subject.

“The only reason Xander seduced Willow was to hurt me,” Buffy mumbled. “Oh, I know it sounds totally egotistical and all but it’s the truth,” she continued sourly.

“Xander had no intention of forming a lasting romantic relationship with Willow Rosenberg,” Buffy hissed in disgust. “Willow had followed Xander around like a puppy for years and he knew her weaknesses. He should, he was one of them.”

“The asshole knew if he got to Willow and broke her heart,” she paused briefly and took a deep breath. “Xander knew he’d cause Wills so much pain if he used her and in turn, he wounded me too because of it.”

Buffy’s lower lip trembled slightly and Spike somewhat expected her to break into tears. However, he wasn’t truly surprised when she didn’t; something told Spike this young woman had grown hard. It was a pity really, but he supposed it was natural for anyone in their line of work to get an edge about them.

Spike had developed a hard-hearted attitude himself, that and a rough hard edge about him. He was eons away from the sensitive poetic young ponce he’d been so many years ago.

Still, it bothered him that Buffy had become so hardened to the people and things in her life. He sensed however that most of her hard outer shell was more false bravado and self-preservation. Spike had no doubt that Buffy was still the sensitive young woman with the soulful eyes. The one whose picture he carried everywhere he went.

“It’s not like Xander wasn’t used to ‘moving on’ and all,” Buffy muttered harshly. “There was a girl, in our high school, her name was Faith Evans. She was Xander’s first and well, let’s just say that Faith knew the ropes and climbed them, constantly. Once Faith broke Xander in; he did the noble thing and blabbed it all over Sunnydale,” she snorted sarcastically.

“I guess you could say that Xander did the second most gallant thing he could,” she continued. “He handed Faith off to his younger brother, Franklin. I mean after he was finished with her that is. You know Frank Harris, right Spike?”

Buffy shot Spike a wicked look; sure that the blond man had heard all about Xander’s younger brother, Franklin Theodore Harris. It was Frank that ran the Sunnydale section of his older brother’s cartel and he did a wonderful job of it.

“Yeah, I know about Frank Harris,” Spike shrugged trying for indifference.

“Bet you don’t know all of the Harris brothers’ secrets; do you Spikey?” Buffy asked with a wicked chuckle and an even wickeder eye wink.


{Meanwhile in another part of Sunnydale…..}


Xander Harris lay back on the big, spacious bed; the one covered in black satin sheets. He watched the bare, seductive brunette woman as she hovered over his naked body.

“Faith, I always love coming here to Sunnydale; even if it’s just to fuck you,” Xander rasped good-naturedly. The brunette woman, Faith Evans, hunkered down onto Xander’s hips and grinned at him evilly.

“You know Xand,” she whispered seductively, “you always did know how to seduce a girl. With your smooth lines and silver tongued words.” Well, it would have been sexy if Faith’s tone had not been so damned sarcastic.

“If I remember right baby; it was you that seduced me; we were what, sixteen or so?” Xander grunted as he took a sip of his drink and smoked the last of the roach in his right hand.

“Yeah, we were sixteen and I was seventeen when you dumped me and moved on,” Faith replied evenly. “You suppose Frank really doesn’t mind about this? About us?” She pointed first at Xander then at herself.

“Old Frank probably cares less about us then Anya would; if she knew,” Xander sighed wearily. “Frank has no problem in sharing with his big brother,” he added knowingly. “It’s Anya I’d worry about if I were you, Faithy. She’d kick your plump ass all over Sunnydale if she even suspected…..”

“You flatter yourself Xander,” Faith grunted, lighting up another joint and taking a long, satisfying drag. “I think Anya’s more in love with your status and money then with you boy. Don’t go….”

It was Xander’s turn to cut Faith off. “Anya worships the fucking ground I walk on,” he hissed, surprisingly hurt by the brunette’s taunting words.

“Maybe,” Faith shrugged indifferently, “maybe not. Who cares,” she finished with a flip of her long dark hair. “All I give a shit about is the money you give your brother and me. Oh, that and the fucking when you’re in town,” she chuckled harshly.

“You really are a cold-hearted cunt, you know that?” Xander asked her casually.

“Yup, I am,” she grunted in reply. Faith laid down her voluptuous nude body; to cover his. “And you, my friend, are a first-class prick,” she laughed heartily as she snuggled into her important lover.

“I like you cold-hearted,” Xander sighed. “You’re a bitch and you know it; at least you’re honest,” he finished with a hearty laugh. “Just don’t get too cozy this trip, Faith,” he advised somberly. “When Anya and I get married, you and me are over, completely. Got it? My old man cheated on my mother; just like she did him. I’m not repeating their mistakes,” he finished in a harsh tone.

“No problem,” Faith shrugged again; a slight smile plastered on her lush mouth. “Only thing is…” she began hesitantly.

“What?” Xander groaned as he eyed the whore that lay cuddled up next to him.

Xander often wondered why he even bothered anymore with Faith; at least when he showed up in Sunnydale. Of course, he knew the answer to that one. Faith was Xander’s one real connection to the old high school days and one Buffy Summers, except for Willow of course.

Everyone and everything else were just window dressings for the present time, nothing more. Buffy, Willow, Frank and Faith, along with good old Riley Finn were the real past friends and foes in Xander’s old life. Nothing could replace them and nothing ever would; not even his fiancé, Anya.

“The only reason I made it here tonight is because Anya went back to LA for a few days. She’s tracking down that bitch of a mother of hers and making some arrangements for our wedding.” Xander mumbled in his trademark indifferent voice, even while he watched Faith smoke her joint down.

“Whatever,” she snorted in reply. “Like I said; all I want from you is money, mostly. There is something else though…” she paused briefly.

“What would that be, Faithy?” Xander asked wearily. He was beginning to wonder if coming here to Faith’s bed tonight had been one of his brightest ideas.

“If, no make that when you take down Buffy; I want something from you,” Faith began carefully.

Xander watched the woman, cautiously as he tried to read her. Something that was difficult for anyone to do, even him.

“I want Buffy; when you’re finished with her that is,” Faith giggled mischievously. “When you’re done with the bitch; give her to me,” she finished gruffly, just before she began to lick Xander’s neck and chest with her warm wet tongue.

‘God, you really are an insane cunt,’ Xander thought soberly. He soon forgot just how nuts Faith was by the time her mouth found his cock.


{Back to Buffy’s condo…..}


“So, are you beginning to get the whole picture?” Buffy asked Spike coyly after she enlightened him on some of Sunnydale’s more dirty little secrets. However, both of the blonds were completely oblivious to the conversation going on in the other part of Sunnydale.

“You’re tellin’ me that the Harris brothers share all of their toys?” Spike asked, rather shocked by all of this. No matter how jaded he got, Spike still got a bit nauseated at the more sordid aspects of human nature.

“Yup,” Buffy replied evenly. “What I’ve never understood,” she continued non-chalantly, “is that Anya hasn’t figured this all out…yet.”

“Do you sincerely give a bloody damn?” Spike asked honestly enough.

“Not really,” Buffy shrugged in response. “Anya is a total psychotic bitch from way back. God, if two people ever deserved each other; it was Anya and Xander. I have to admit that Xander and Frank Harris had a bad upbringing; but Anya’s wasn’t much better. Although,” she scowled in thought, “I think at least Anya’s mother, Sylvia, at least liked her daughter. That’s more then can be said for Xander and Frank’s parents.”

“You know,” Spike began carefully, “I never did get the whole story. About that little Harris family reunion that took place a few years ago. What happened to them Buffy? Was it really a car accident that took out Lawrence and Constance Harris or…..”

“That’s the official story,” Buffy muttered. She sounded neither convinced nor convincing.


A/N: More revelations about Xander and Franklin Harris and their sordid past. Also, I will absolutely work some Spuffy into the next chapter!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 5: 'Reunions.....Of A Sort' by spufette
Author's Notes:
So long since I updated this or anything. I hope you all will read and please review.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Chapter 5: ‘Reunions…..Of A Sort’


Summary: More revelations about Xander and Franklin Harris and their parents’ deaths.

Dawn and Connor’s characters are introduced into the story; via storytelling.

Spike gets his ‘courage’ up where Buffy is concerned and a good time will be had by our Spuffy duo!


Chapter 5:


“It comes down to this,” Buffy began with careful hesitation. “Larry and Connie Harris died; in a car accident a few years ago. They were on their way, presumably, out of Sunnydale, after a disastrous reunion dinner with Xander and Frank.”

“The autopsies, as I recall Uncle Rupes telling me, found high traces of alcohol in the Harris’ blood. Couldn’t the accident really have been just that Buffy? An accident?” Spike frowned at the dubious look Buffy had just given him and realized that she was about ready to spill all of her suspicions in the next few moments. At least her suspicions regarding Lawrence and Constance Harris and their ‘accidental’ demise from the human world.


“I have a younger sister,” Buffy blurted out suddenly. “She lives in LA now, with her husband, Connor McClain. But….” She paused and studied Spike’s handsome face, briefly. There was an odd look on her companion’s face; something ‘off’ in his expression.

Spike didn’t have the heart to tell Buffy that he knew ‘all’ about her. He knew all about her family and friends and yes, everyone that orbited her; the sun that was Buffy Summers.

“What is it?” Buffy asked innocently when she noted that Spike seemed to scowl, briefly.

“Nothing,” he muttered quickly, motioning for Buffy to continue her tale.

“Anyway,” Buffy began again with a weary sigh, “Dawn lived here, in Sunnydale up until a few years ago. With Mom and me,” she added wistfully. “Connor and Dawn started dating at Sunnydale High School and they stuck around Sunnydale; attending the University together.”

“Dawn got a job at a swanky restaurant, The Blue Lagoon, down by the ocean. Connor worked there first; they were both barely twenty-one,” Buffy seemed to just babble out her words.

“The night of the ‘Great Harris Reunion Party’ Dawn and Connor were working at the Blue Lagoon. Dawn was a waitress; Connor was a bus boy.” Buffy continued without seemingly taking one single breath.

Spike decided, immediately, that he’d better let her go on; not interrupt her at all. He would ask questions later, much later.

“Larry and Connie Harris had moved out of Sunnydale a couple of years before all of this,” Buffy explained quietly. “They came back; at the insistence of Xander and Frank, to have this supposedly happy family reunion. I guess Xander thought if he treated his folks to a fancy meal at the best place in Sunnydale; that they’d maybe finally ‘see’ that Frank and him had made something of themselves. Even if ‘their something’ was of the very bad.”

“It didn’t go to bloody well then I guess?” Spike asked Buffy, his left scarred brow was raised in question.

“No, it didn’t go well at all,” Buffy sighed sadly. “Dawn was the waitress that handled Xander’s table. Xander had brought Anya to the dinner as his date. Frank brought Faith and well,” the blond hesitated briefly. “I guess you could say that Larry and Connie Harris had second guessed their sons’ choices in partners.”

“I think the whole thing started off okay,” Buffy continued, “and it seemed, to Dawn anyway, that Larry and Connie were on their best behavior. However…..” her voice trailed off into silence.

Spike decided to say nothing; he just gazed at Buffy with an inquiring expression in his blue eyes.

“By the time the main course arrived,” Buffy began again, “Dawn noticed that the jovial mood at the table had changed. She told me later that when she brought the Beef Wellington, she swore she heard Larry Harris say something about both Anya and Faith. Something not very nice,” Buffy nodded, her green eyes were somber.

“Dawn says that Larry mentioned something about Anya and Faith reminding him of Connie Harris, his wife,” Buffy looked pensive for a moment. “I think Larry said something like ‘I see you boys have a weakness for whores; like me. Dawnie practically dropped the platter of beef; even she was humiliated for Xander and Franklin. Then my little sister high-tailed it back into the kitchen area. She babbled on to Connor about how she couldn’t go back out there and face anyone. The whole thing had practically made her physically ill.”

“ When Dawn returned, after a safe amount of time,” Buffy continued evenly. “The Harris party had vacated the secluded table. There was five hundred dollars on the table to cover dinner, drinks and a tip,” she finished with a shrug.

“So, Harris left the eatery? His folks and the birds in tow?” Spike grunted.

“Yes,” Buffy replied quickly. “This is where Connor comes in,” she continued. “Connor went out to the Lagoon’s parking lot to have a smoke with his co-worker, Vic. While they were outside, Connor saw Xander, Frank, Anya and Faith crowded around Larry and Connie’s Cadillac Seville. Larry loved Caddy’s,” Buffy added for no apparent reason. (This added twist will be explained later).

“There was a lot of shouting and screaming going on, according to Connor,” Buffy whispered. “I guess it got pretty ugly between the Harris group,” she mumbled half-heartedly.

“So you think that this Larry and Connie drank too much; took off in their big car and crashed into a ditch outside of….” Spike’s theory was cut off by Buffy.

“That’s just it,” Buffy murmured, “the ‘drinking’ part,” she stammered. “Dawn was the waitress that night, like I said. She swears that Xander’s folks arrived sober to the Blue Lagoon and that she never served an alcoholic drink to either one of them. The Harris party was at the restaurant for at least two to three hours,” Buffy scowled in remembrance.

“If Harris’ folks hadn’t had a drop,” Spike began quietly.

“Then how do you explain the drunken crash in a ditch, just minutes after they must have left the Lagoon?” Buffy added before he could finish. “Dawn swears that Larry and Connie Harris were stone cold sober when they left that parking lot. The accident that killed them couldn’t have been more then a few minutes later,” she finished in a harsh whisper.

“So you think Xander and Frank slipped their ma and pa a deadly micky?” Spike asked; a bit shocked himself at this turn of events.

“I know they ‘must’ have,” Buffy rasped in response. Her huge green eyes reflected the horror in Spike’s blue ones.


‘Elsewhere, in good old Sunnydale…..’


“So where is ‘Mommy Dearest’ baby?” Xander asked his fiancé, Anya, warily. Anya was unpacking her overnight bag; carelessly tossing her expensive clothes into the huge walk-in closet of their penthouse bedroom.

“Nepal,” Anya replied non-chalantly. “Apparently mommy is trying to find inner peace through religious practices,” she snorted sarcastically enough.

“Your mother is trying to find spiritual peace? Through…..” Xander grunted nastily, until he saw the murderous look his lady love gave him.

He noticed that his soon to be wife looked sad, almost pensive for a moment. This was certainly new to him, so he decided to play it safe and try for ‘compassion’ instead of sarcasm.

‘Great,’ Xander hissed under his breath, ‘Anya’s other woman antennae just kicked in I bet.’

“Is Sylvia going to make it for our wedding?” Xander asked in his most reverent tone. He would try for the ‘waffle’ on the subject ploy he had perfected.

“Yeah,” Anya whispered in reply. “She’ll be here. The question now is; will you?” The young woman turned and surveyed her lover with a suspicious glare.

“Of course baby,” Xander sputtered in a confused manner. “Why wouldn’t I be here for our…..”

“Nevermind,” Anya sighed with just a hint of sorrow in her voice. “I just thought that a question of ‘faith’ on your part might make you re-think everything,” she mumbled under her breath.

‘She knows,’ Xander thought, suddenly frightened at the prospect that his lover/fiancé might suspect he’d been less then faithful to her. ‘Anya knows about Faith and she’s going to fucking leave me!’ He suddenly felt like the walls about him were going to close in and crush them both…..together…forever and…..

“I love you Anya,” Xander murmured sincerely as he stood up from the silly little silk covered couch that Anya had insisted they put in the bedroom. He reached the trembling woman in seconds and wrapped his massive arms about her trim little body.

“I love you and I always will,” he whispered honestly. “I…..”

“I know you do,” Anya sighed as she laid her head back against her soon to be husband’s huge chest. “It’s just….” She left the sentence unfinished.

“It’s just that we’ve had so much shit in our lives; our relationship,” Xander finished for her. “That’s gonna’ change Ahn,” he promised in a hoarse whisper. “I’m gonna’ make everything perfect for you and me,” he added earnestly. “When our first baby is born,” he continued in a hushed tone, something so foreign to the couple. “When he or she is born? We’ll be a million miles from this fucking town and all of this shit that’s brought us down before this.”

“So, our wedding should be a real mother/child reunion, huh baby?” Xander asked as he tenderly kissed Anya’s warm, soft right cheek.

“Yeah,” she sighed against his neck, “it should turn out a hell of a lot better then the last one, huh?”


‘I’m never going to fuck Faith Evans again,’ Xander made a silent promise to himself. ‘That fucking slut is totally dead to me now. Only Anya matters from here on in,’ he thought as he planted a tender kiss on his fiancé’s warm, soft head.


‘Back in Buffy’s Condo…..’


Spike sat on Buffy’s plush sofa; still kind of in shock at the revelations he’d just heard from her. Of course his Uncle Rupert had always kept him up-to-date on the Xander Harris case over the years. Uncle Rupes had made it clear that everyone had suspected foul play in the older Harris couple’s ‘accidental’ death.

However, to hear it actually verbally explained by this mere slip of a girl and to see how it still affected her? Buffy looked as if she was shell-shocked by her own words. Even Spike’s hardened heart and his own toughened police psyche was sickened by the thought that Xander and Franklin Harris could have murdered their own parents. No matter how bloody fucked up as parents Larry and Connie actually had been.

‘Bloody odd,’ Spike thought, still a bit out of it by all this. ‘Buffy acts as if Larry and Connie Harris were more to her then Harris’ bent pop and mom.’

“There’s something else,” Buffy began quietly, “something that’s not too well known, even here in the Peyton Place that is Sunnydale.” She looked as if she was going to be sick or something and Spike instinctively reached out and took her tiny hand in his.

“Go ahead, luv,” Spike whispered tenderly as he gently stroked the back of her soft little hand.

“My mom,” Buffy stammered in a strained, hoarse voice, “she had a more personal stake in the Harris disaster.”

Spike frowned, slightly, in confusion and gazed into Buffy’s beautiful but serious green eyes. ‘What is it?’ He silently asked her, his left brow quirked up once again.

“Connie Harris was my mom’s first cousin.” Buffy nearly choked out the revelation, appearing to be ashamed of the fact that her family was somehow blood kin to the bent Harris clan.

“Bloody hell!” Spike heard himself gasp before he could stop.

“Yeah,” Buffy chuckled derisively, “Xander and Frank Harris are my cousins. Pretty fucked up, huh?” She looked into Spike’s blue eyes with trepidation. Buffy would hate it if Spike suddenly disliked her because the psycho Harris brothers were related to her family. For some reason that thought just made her very sad.

“We never much talked about it,” Buffy continued nervously. “Mom and Connie had parted ways long ago and…..”

Spike took a deep breath and pulled Buffy close into him, his arms wrapping about her tightly in comfort.

“Buffy, Princess, it’s alright,” Spike purred soothingly into her warm little ear. “We can’t choose are relatives, believe me I know that,” he added with a quick laugh. “I’ve got a cousin, Peter, he’s a bloody shady politician back in England. Now there’s something to piss on about,” he chuckled wickedly.

“Piss on about?” Buffy asked Spike cautiously, unaware of what that particular Brit slang meant. She smiled, slightly, at the thought of it though.

“It means to complain or feel bad about,” he offered quickly. “You know; like to piss and moan about something?”

“Oh,” Buffy began to giggle at the visual, causing Spike to laugh along with her.

Spike stopped laughing and watched the little blond in his arms as she continued to giggle merrily at his use of British slang. He felt the urge to kiss her, again, even though the previous conversation had been anything but romantic.

Remembering last night and how Buffy had been more then interested in some serious snogging with him, even if she was smashed, falling down drunk at the time. Spike bravely leaned in to give her a passionate kiss on her delectable little pouty pink lips.

He felt a great sense of sorrowful loss of contact when Buffy pulled her face back from his mouth. She stared at him with a mixed expression of shock, confusion and maybe a bit of anger.

“Buffy,” Spike began apologetically, “I’m sorry sweetling, just wanted to…..”


“I thought you wouldn’t try to take advantage of me Spike,” Buffy whimpered just a little bit. She tried desperately not to allow the smile that was threatening to break forth on her mouth.

“Last night you were drunk Princess,” Spike explained evenly; although he did not release his hold on her. “You’re stone-cold sober this mornin’ pet. I don’t consider this takin’ advantage of you,” he finished with a wicked little smirk.

“True,” Buffy ventured to admit vocally; her mouth turned up in a mischievous grin. “I am stone-cold sober and you are definitely not going to take advantage of me now!”

With that, Buffy yanked Spike’s head down, very un-gently like and crashed her lips against his passionately.


A/N: I’m going to be naughty and bow out of this chapter right here (hehehehe). I want to leave the Spuffy loving to the next chapter so I can concentrate on it!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 6: 'A Patient Man' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hope you read and enjoy.
Please review.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike and Buffy get ‘busy’!

We get an insight (kind of) into the psyche of one Franklin P. Harris.

Spike informs Buffy that he’s in this for the long haul!


Chapter 6: ‘A Patient Man’


Buffy felt herself being lifted up and slammed down onto Spike’s lap. She felt the hardness between his thighs, even with his trousers on.

Before she could utter a word, Spike had pulled her arms up over her head and yanked off the silky dressing robe she wore earlier. Her hardened, pert nipples pressed against his bare chest, causing them both to gasp in pleasure at the contact.

Between kisses, Spike was able to coherently rasp out his warning to Buffy.

“If we do this, sweet,” he mumbled, or rather gasped, “then there’s no going back afterwards. This isn’t gonna’ be a one night stand, Buffy, not for me. I…..”

“Won’t wanna’ go back,” Buffy whimpered in need as Spike rubbed his chest against her hardened nipples. “I don’t really like it back there,” she whined childishly.

“Good, cos’ I’m in control here, baby,” Spike growled, his own voice rough with need and want.

Buffy shivered in delight while Spike suckled her left breast hungrily and stroked her bare back with his wonderful hands.

“We hardly know each other,” Buffy murmured coyly, even as she wrapped her hands about his blond head and encouraged him to suck her right breast and nipple.

“I know you better then you think,” Spike muttered after he dislodged his greedy mouth from her right breast. “I’ve known you for years,” he admitted roughly just before he clasped his mouth around her right nipple and sucked long and hard.

“Oh, okay,” Buffy squeaked in reply. She was too overwhelmed to say much else; let alone point out that Spike had only been in the States for a few days now.

Apparently, Buffy concluded between vocal moans of pleasure; Spike had been keeping tabs on her for ages. Kind of creepy, yes, in a sort of old world; old fashioned, almost romantic sort of way she supposed.

Spike tore the little thong Buffy wore off of her; then helped her to raise her slim hips up.

“Off, now,” Buffy growled at him, pointing to his still trouser clad covered lower half.

“My pleasure,” he hissed gruffly as he helped her unzip his pants and lifted his hips up so she could pull them down.

After Buffy had succeeded in stripping Mr. William Giles of his clothing, she raised up her hips rather gracefully impaled herself onto his huge, hard cock.

‘Oh God, it’s been so long since I’ve been with a man…’ Buffy thought as she desperately began to rock back and forth on Spike’s rather impressive cock.

‘Fuck, it’s been so long since I’ve been with a woman…’ Spike silently admitted to himself as he grasped Buffy’s slim hips and pulled her up and down; back for forth on his cock.

Spike clasped Buffy’s nice little hips with his large hands and guided her cunny over his cock in perfect rhythm. He just knew he had a bloody goofy grin on his mouth as he gazed into her fiery green eyes.

Buffy gazed back at him, her mouth formed into a sensuous smile. She rocked and rolled on top of Spike, their movements in perfect sync with each other.

{In another part of Sunnyhell…..}


Franklin Harris was a patient sort of man; a lot of the time that is. He had to be, especially since he was in love with a woman like Faith.

Speaking of Faith, at the moment she was curled up, asleep in their king sized bed. Frank was sitting on the chair across from the bed, drinking a whisky and watching his lover sleep.

‘Sleeps like a baby,’ Frank mused to himself as he sipped his drink. ‘I wonder, Faithy,’ he continued in his thoughts. ‘Were you ever a baby? I mean really?’

He knew that Faith had been with his brother again; that was to be expected whenever the older Harris boy was in town. Xander Harris was three years older then Frank; better looking, richer and definitely the larger of the two Harris boys. What woman wouldn’t choose Xander over Franklin P. Harris?

While Franklin Harris was barely 6 foot tall, weighing in at about 175 pounds; Xander was hitting 200 pounds and close to 6 foot 3 inches tall. Frank had the same deep chocolate brown eyes as his older brother, but he lacked the strength of the chin that Xander possessed.

Also, due to a barroom brawl some years before, Frank sported a five inch scar on the right side of his face. It was a jagged reddish-purplish number; attractive to some women but not to all. Faith had found it ‘sexy’ and who was Frank to question that?

There was an up side to Xander marrying Anya, finally, of course. Frank realized that once Xander had officially married Anya, he would toss Faith aside like an old rag doll. No doubt about that.

Xander and Frank’s parents had never been faithful to each other. This had affected their sons in different ways, however. As long as he was single, Xander Harris would play around on his significant other. Once a wedding ring went on Xander’s left index finger however? That was it; the fucking around days were over and fidelity would reign in his marriage.

Of course, Frank had remained faithful to his pretty lover, Faith. He had to; he loved Faith beyond reason.

Frank sighed heavily and sat his drink down, still studying Faith as she slept. How could the bitch sleep the sleep of angels when she was truly such a fucking demon inside?

Shouldn’t she be tossing and turning from guilt at being such a whore at heart, he wondered yet again. The dark-haired, melancholy man wondered such things from time to time. Things like how Faith could live with herself and just why he, Franklin Harris, loved her so fucking much.

It was a mystery to himself and a lot of people who knew him that he loved Faith so damned much. She really was an evil bitch and not much above a skank; emotionally and morally.

Frank had secret hopes that someday, just maybe, he could kill the love he had for Faith himself; if she didn’t do it first. Then Franklin would leave Faith and Sunnydale behind and make a new life somewhere else.
Somewhere fresh and clean; with a fresh, clean beautiful new lady in his life.

These thoughts always brought Buffy Summers to Frank’s troubled mind. Now there was a real lady and everyone knew that for sure. Not only was Buffy his second cousin, but she was the woman that both he and his older brother truly worshipped…in a lot of ways.


{Back to Hotel Spuffy!!!}


After their first heated encounter on Buffy’s sofa, Spike and Buffy had somehow managed to make it to her bedroom. They now lay ensconced in Buffy’s wonderful big bed; sated, after a few more rounds of great sex.

Spike lay on his left side, his right arm wrapped about Buffy’s soft, relaxed lithe body. Buffy had her head snuggled into his chest, feigning sleep, it appeared; but Spike knew better.

The thought of Buffy trying to put off the inevitable ‘afterwards talk’ brought a slight smirk to his mouth.

‘If she thinks this was just a wham bam, thank you maam fuck…’ Spike thought to himself, just a tad pissed off.

“You’re not fooling me, Princess,” Spike murmured tenderly into Buffy’s available warm little ear. “I know you’re wide awake, so let’s have at it, sweetling. We might as well get this talk over right now and get some things straight, yeah?”


Buffy rose her head up and anxiously gazed into Spike’s incredible blue eyes. She realized, at that moment, that they were not truly baby blue in color, more ice blue and amazingly intense and…..

“Buffy?” Spike sighed impatiently. “I told you before our first time on the sofa; this isn’t going to be a one night stand. This was love-making for me, baby and…” He let his sentence trail off as he studied Buffy’s wide, somewhat fearful green eyes.

He gazed down at the nervous looking young woman and felt his heart skip two beats in the process. She was so bloody gorgeous; tough and yet tender at the same time.

‘Fuck,’ he thought to himself, ‘I’m in this but good.’ Actually, Spike was rather pleased at the awesome realization himself. Now if only he could get Buffy totally into the game and make her understand that he was the only one for her and…..

“I don’t do one night stands,” Buffy mumbled defensively. She was a bit put off by Spike’s cavalier attitude, or what seemed like a cavalier attitude.

There was something in his amazing eyes that told Buffy that this man was being anything but cavalier. The gaze that was reflected back at her was one of adoration she suddenly realized. This scared her a hell of a lot more then a cavalier, snarky man she’d just had sex with.

“I,” Buffy stammered quietly, again burying her head into Spike’s rather impressive chest.

“You,” Spike murmured in retort, his left hand pulled her face up to meet his gaze. His left, scarred brow was raised up in curiosity as he tried to read the look in Buffy’s beautiful eyes.

“About earlier,” he began again in a most serious tone. “I’m usually a patient man, Buffy Summers. With you though? I find myself anything but patient; as far as a relationship with you that is. I want it now; all of it with you. I want you and I intend on having you completely and in every way. If you’re afraid of that, as you seem to be? Well, you’ll just have to get over it,” he added gruffly.

Spike pulled Buffy closer to him and kissed her forehead, lovingly. He rolled onto his back, taking her with him until she was laying prone on top of him.

“Are you saying that…” Buffy began, but she was cut off by Spike who stated huskily:

“I’m saying that I’m not walking away from this or you. We’re going to go on from our impetuous moments together and try and build something long term on it. It’s happened before you know,” he smirked as he cuddled her into his damp, muscular chest.

“A man and a woman, thrown together for some reason; perhaps by some cosmic force. We were meant to be partners in the Harris case, Buffy,” he chuckled deeply, slapping her gently on her bare little bottom. “I believe we were meant to be partners in love too,” he finished with a husky growl.


A/N: That was tough for me for some reason. I don’t know why. Bear with me about the non-Spuffy history between the other characters, please. I have to admit, I do believe Joss Whedon when he said that ‘it was all about Buffy’ and this story is pretty much along that same line.

Everything will come back to Buffy in this tale. That much I can promise you all.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 7: 'Confessions Of A Tortured Soul' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I'm not sure if I"m really happy with this chapter.....I wanted to reveal so much more but thought I should stop where I did.

Thank you for reading and please review.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Buffy’s ‘little’ secret is found out by Spike and he wants answers to his questions.

He gets some.


Chapter 7: ‘Confessions Of A Tortured Soul’


Before Spike could utter another word, Buffy disentangled herself from his strong arms and leapt out of her own bed. Disregarding her rather ‘vulnerable’ state of nakedness, she fled into her master bathroom adjoining her bedroom.

After slamming and locking the bathroom door, Buffy reached behind her medicine cabinet and pulled out her handy-dandy extra stash of weed. She kept it hidden there in case of emergencies and oh brother, was this ever an emergency!

Buffy lifted open the bathroom window and lit up a quickly rolled joint, carefully blowing the smoke out into the cool morning air. Then, she began to think, carefully about the discussion she had just ‘not had’ with Mr. Spike Giles.

‘Is he saying he likes me?’ Buffy nearly vocalized her stunned question. No, make that shocked question.

“Of course he is,” she snorted softly and shook her blond head, taking another hit off her joint. “Oh shit, he wants a relationship…” she groaned.

Not that Spike was so bad, really; Buffy had to admit that to herself. He was handsome, sexy, charming, British and oh yes, seemed honest, forthright and oh yes….great in bed and…..

“You don’t do relationships well Summers,” Buffy grumbled at her reflection in her bathroom mirror. “Remember poor Riley?”

Riley Finn had been a good friend of Buffy’s for years and it had seemed natural to fall into a relationship with him. Finally that is.

The problem with Riley is he may look all big and impressive on the outside, but inside he was nothing but an overgrown boy scout. Buffy needed someone stronger then that; emotionally anyway.

Although their relationship had lasted for over a year; by the time it was finished? Buffy had really put Riley through some severe shit and he was so broken up, he’d almost left Sunnydale and his police career behind afterwards.

“God, you’re really fucked up Summers,” Buffy sighed and chuckled derisively, tossing her residual roach in the toilet. She washed her hands and brushed her teeth, then took a deep breath.

It was about time to go back into the bedroom and face off with Mr. Spike Giles. Buffy just had to put him straight, fast, about how fucked up she truly was and how he’d be better off without her in his life.

Yeah, that was it.

Buffy had every intention of marching back into her bedroom; guns ablazing (figuratively speaking) and setting Spike straight about a few things. However, the moment she opened her bathroom door, she plowed right into said Mr. Spike who was leaning against the doorframe there.

“Just a question, luv,” Spike mumbled as he grabbed Buffy by her slim shoulders. His grasp wasn’t so tender as it had been before.

Buffy so did not like the stern look in Spike’s amazing blue eyes or the frown on his handsome mouth. Spike’s head was tilted to the side; almost like a curious cat.

“Yeah,” she glared up at him using her best tough-guy tone she could muster. She hoped her defensive stance (well at least it was as defensive as possible seeing as how she was still in Spike’s vice-like grip).

“I myself could use a cigarette at the moment; especially after the great sex we just had,” Spike stated evenly, studying Buffy’s eyes and face. “A drink of whisky would be about as vice-like as I could get after the amazing shagging, Princess,” he continued in his deep voice.

It made Buffy shiver all over again. ‘Well there goes the straightening out talk,’ she mused ruefully.

“But do you mind bloody well telling me, sweet, just exactly why you choose to lock yourself away and smoke illegal dope? And, for that matter, how often do you do that and how much?” Spike tightened his grip on Buffy’s shoulders, his intense blue eyes glared deeply into her fearful green ones.


{At the Sunnydale Police station…}


“Has my nephew checked in yet?” Rupert Giles asked the dispatch person. He tried very hard to keep the desperation from his voice.

“Nope,” Johnathan Levy replied non-chalantly. “I told you I’d let you know when…..”

“Yes, I know,” Giles mumbled in exasperation, “and I thank you Levy. It’s just that my nephew, William, can be so trying sometimes and…..”

The dispatch phone rang and disrupted Rupert’s words.

“Yes, of course,” Johnathan whispered into the receiver, then hung it up and looked at his superior. “That ‘was’ your nephew,” Johnathan stated evenly. “He won’t be in today and neither will Miss Summers.”

Johnathan Levy suppressed the goofy grin that threatened to come to his mouth. He knew Buffy Summers, very well, and admired her greatly. If Captain Giles’ nephew was calling in to say he wasn’t showing for work and he noted that Buffy wasn’t either? Well, didn’t that mean just one thing?

Now, it was up to Johnathan to squelch the rumors that would certainly make the rounds at the precinct. Of course, the rumours most possibly wouldn’t start if he, Johnathan Levy, didn’t begin them and…..

“Oh good Lord,” Giles sighed heavily as he removed his glasses and cleaned them thoroughly. “I’d appreciate it, if you did not vocalize the contents of my nephew’s message about, eh?” Rupert gave the elfin like Levy a stern look; happy to see it seemed to ‘take’ with the young man.

Riley Finn chose that inopportune moment to enter the dispatch room. If Riley was usually quite clueless, Rupert noted, the younger man seemed full on alert today.

Finn mentioned that Buffy hadn’t showed up yet and neither had Spike. The overgrown boy scout shot Rupert a knowing, rather pathetic looking glance and then glared at Johnathan Levy.

Johnathan grinned kindly at Riley; an attempt, no doubt to cover a smirk. It was no secret that Johnathan Levy did not like Riley Finn; his loyalty lay with Buffy Summers.

“Go back to work,” Rupert Giles muttered at both Riley Finn and Johnathan Levy.

“Oh dear Lord,” Rupert mumbled to himself as he again cleaned his glasses with the sterile white handkerchief he always carried. He walked back to into his office and slammed the door behind him.



{Back at Spike’s room of interrogation!}


“Get your luscious little arse back into that bed, Princess,” Spike growled as he pulled her towards the massive bed. “You’ve got some explainin’ to do and…..”

“What, this is interrogation time now?” Buffy asked, stunned that she’d been caught out and also a bit shocked that this son-of-bitch would even thing about…..

“Do I look like I have ‘grill lights’ or rubber gloves, sweetheart?” Spike grumbled with a roll of his blue eyes. Before Buffy could answer, he tossed her, somewhat gently, onto the bed and crawled up behind her.

“Maybe you’d like it if I did,” Spike purred silkily; his smirk widened as he set himself in front of this naked little goddess. “Would you like that, sweet? Spike with rubber gloves, handcuffs and…..”

“Oh, shut the fuck up!” Buffy growled angrily, crossing her arms over her ample, naked breasts.

“Now,” he continued evenly as he blocked her escape. “Let’s get to it. Why smoke the dope? How much and how often? Seems like pretty straightforward questions to me, luv.”

If Spike didn’t look so damn serious, Buffy would have thought he just might be joking around. However…..

She took a deep, deep breath, Buffy did and scrunched up her courage. This was going to take a lot of courage, it was. Why Buffy felt the ‘need’ much less the desire to tell this man everything was beyond her however.

Buffy had never told anyone about the pot smoking, much less how or why she got started. No one knew she smoked; when she started or why or that she still continued to this day. To numb the pain; yeah, that was it. To numb the pain.


“Is it guilt, Princess? The mixed up way you feel about savin’ Harris’ worthless life back in the day? Are you so remorseful that you numb your pain with whatever you can, sweet? Well?” Spike murmured softly as he tucked a stray lock of her blond hair behind her ear. He smiled, kindly and tenderly rested his left hand on Buffy’s bare shoulder.

This made Buffy’s tummy flip-flop in the most pleasant way and it was at that precise moment that she knew she could tell him. In that instant, Buffy realized she could tell Spike Giles everything.

“That’s not the only reason,” Buffy replied in a hushed tone; chewing her lower lip nervously.

She didn’t even flinch when Spike patted her shoulder gently and leaned in even closer to her shaking little body.

“It’s something else,” Buffy mumbled in a high pitched tone, her voice trembling a bit. “Something from my past, but not so far back,” she continued carefully. She couldn’t even look at her new lover, even though she knew that she would find no judgment in those incredible blue eyes of his.

“Just sit and listen, okay Spike?” Buffy muttered under her breath, not even sure he had heard. “If you don’t just sit and listen; I won’t tell you the story. Okay?” She all but growled her request.

Spike could see that his lover was resolute in her determination, so he just nodded, slowly in response to her request.

“I was a freshman, at Sunnydale University,” Buffy began, cautiously, her green eyes were lowered to focus on her tummy.

“I wasn’t a virgin by then,” she added quickly, “but I wasn’t exactly experienced by any means. Buffy stole a glance at Spike’s whose jaw flinched just a bit at her admission.

“It was nearly Thanksgiving break,” she continued quietly, “and I was such a naïve fool. So stupid, stupid,” she hissed desperately. “I didn’t have a steady boyfriend so….” Her sentence trailed off.

“Anyway,” Buffy began again, “I got myself into a sticky situation one night. Got separated from my friends; at a frat party. I knew better, or I should have,” she shook her head sadly.

“I’ve never been much of a drinker,” Buffy offered with a derisive chuckle. “Not much of anything,” she sighed sorrowfully.

“You’re not a nothing, sweet,” Spike whispered hoarsely. For some reason he had a sinking feeling of just where this was going.

“You don’t get to say anything yet,” Buffy pouted; then smiled slightly.

“Right,” Spike muttered as he lifted her chin up to gaze into her luminous green eyes. There were tiny teardrops in them and he felt his chest tighten in fear.

“I got pretty wasted on beer and ended up in frat house bedroom,” Buffy murmured gruffly. “I actually kind of passed out on a random bed; alone and drunk,” she admitted reluctantly as tiny, traitorous tears began to spill down her cheeks.

“I wasn’t alone for long,” she muttered, her eyes downcast.

“A guy,” she whispered, her body began to tremble violently and Spike held her close to his own tense body.

“He came in and…..well he raped me, Spike. He raped me pure and simple and….” Buffy began to sob into Spike’s strong chest; her tears soaked his taut skin.

“The son-of-a-bitch!” Spike roared loudly as he embraced his little treasure into him. “I hope…..”

“I never told anyone,” Buffy sobbed desperately. “I couldn’t….there was a reason, Spike and…..”

“Buffy, is this the thing that truly drives you so? What makes you numb your pain and…..” Spike asked sincerely as he gazed into those wet, dear green eyes he had come to love.

“Uh huh,” Buffy replied childishly. “That and something else,” she stammered; frightened like a small child in a thunder storm.

“There was a baby,” Buffy choked out, “a little baby that no one wanted. Least of all me,” she added sadly. “How could I want the poor little thing? Brought into the world like ‘that’ by a father who….”

“Buffy it’s okay, sweetling, please,” Spike begged mournfully. Her little soft head was snuggled into his damp chest; her golden hair seemed to mop up and dry the wetness her tears had caused.

“It’s not okay,” Buffy moaned woefully. “It’ll never be okay,” she added with a groan. “I made the baby go away,” her pitiful cries broke Spike’s heart.

“The baby I didn’t want; that was conceived in the unholiest way imaginable,” she sobbed uncontrollably.

“You were young, unprepared and who could blame you for not wanting to have and raise a poor little bloke; conceived that way? How could you take care of the poor little thing? Be a good mum to it when…” Spike asked quietly, trying to comfort the poor tortured soul in his arms.

“This is why you’re so driven then, Princess? Why you hurt so and cover your pain? Harris and his misdeeds are just a by-product of your misery and….” Spike’s gentle questions were cut off when Buffy glared up at him.

“Don’t you get it?” Buffy asked. “You really don’t get do you,” she gasped in disbelief. “For all your great detective skills and everything; you don’t have a clue do you?”

“Buffy?” Spike whispered, “what are you trying to tell me, sweetheart?”

“It ‘was’ Xander Harris,” Buffy spat angrily. “Xander was the guy that raped me that night; the one that got me pregnant!”


A/N: I wasn’t sure if I was really happy with this chapter or how I explained some things here. I hope it worked and you readers could feel Buffy’s pain.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 8: 'All Manner Of Pain' by spufette
Author's Notes:
This story is meant to follow no particular time line of events for each set of characters. I hope this is clear to you readers and not confusing.
THE WORLD IS MINE


A/N; I wanted to point out that the time line in this story is kind of like a Quentin Tarrantino flick. While Spike and Buffy’s scenes may seem to take place on one day; other characters’ scene might be days later. Like flashbacks, kind of. I hope this makes sense?


Summary: Buffy explains some things to Spike, no matter how painful it may be.

We find out if Xander truly knew about the harsh consequenses of his rash actions years before.





Chapter 8: ‘All Manner of Pain’


“Don’t you get it?” Buffy asked incredulously; she did try to keep the unintended contempt from her tone.

“It ‘was’ Xander Harris. He’s the guy who raped me.”

Spike Giles was a man who was never known for his even temperament or patience; that was for certain.

However, he was a man known for logic and plotting things out. Now? He was none of these things; he was infuriated.

“I’m going to rip the mother fucker’s throat out and tear him to shreds!” Spike roared; enraged.

He leapt from Buffy’s bed and began to pull on his clothes haphazardly.

“Spike! No!” Buffy cried desperately as she left her bed and joined him by his side.

“No!” She begged, desperately clutching Spike and pulling at his clothes.

“Please, Spike, no!” Buffy wailed, finally capturing Spike’s attention. He stopped pulling on clothes and glared down into Buffy’s horrified green eyes.

“NO! The bloody hell NO!” Spike roared in response, his wide blue eyes were filled with rage. “You think I’m going to let that demented bent fuck get away with hurting ‘my’ girl like that!”

He was ranting at the top of his lungs until he noticed a sudden change in Buffy’s demeanor. Spike couldn’t believe it but it looked like Buffy was actually smiling again. Now he truly was fucking confused and this knocked a lot of the rant out of him.

“Who says that I’m your girl?” Buffy asked very quietly, her green eyes were shiny from tears and something else too. There was a soft, gentle smile on her mouth and something very feminine in her gaze. Was that tenderness shining in Buffy's incredible green eyes?

“Well,” Spike sighed deeply and plopped down on the bed beside her, taking Buffy into his arms. “You are ‘my’ girl,” he murmured tenderly, gently nuzzling her neck with his mouth. “You may not be aware of it just yet, but you are and I just…..”

“If you go after Xander Harris in the way you’re suggesting,” Buffy whispered, her lips touching his cheek. “Then the only thing you’ll accomplish is getting yourself kicked out of Sunnydale and probably prosecuted. It’s why I didn’t tell anyone back then,” she added sadly. “It would have caused too many people too much pain.”

“You told no one else about this?” Spike asked incredulously. He couldn’t believe it and yet…

‘No’ Buffy shook her head slowly and lowered her gaze. “There was no way of proving it,” Buffy continued evenly, her eyes still focused on the sheet that covered her lower body.

“Xander was already making a name for himself and I was just Buffy Summers, college coed. No witnesses,” she continued quietly, “no one but me to point the finger at him. Then there was Dawn and my mom to think of,” she stammered almost apologetically.

“Harris would have gone after them in some way?” Spike asked in a rough tone.

“Yes,” Buffy replied quickly with a nod of her head. “I know he would have. Remember, he’d already hurt Willow because of me and…..”

“I know,” Spike sighed in a raspy voice and held her tight once again. “So you do all this; you’re so driven to take Harris down and not just because it’s your civic duty, right?”

Spike lifted Buffy’s chin and tenderly kissed the tip of her funny shaped little nose. He really liked that nose of hers, Spike did and this made him smile, finally, once again.

“It is the reason; the main one,” Buffy admitted in a hushed tone. “The baby,” she began, but didn’t continue. She just couldn’t.

“I understand about the baby, Princess,” Spike cooed as he stroked her arm tenderly and tried to gently calm her shaking. “No little babe should have to come into the world like that and you certainly can’t be blamed in any way.”

“Thank you Will,” Buffy whispered against his chest where her face was now buried into. “Thank you for understanding and well, for everything,” she finished with a sigh of relief.

“You’re not in this alone anymore, baby,” Spike murmured sincerely into her soft, golden hair. “Spike’s here now and I’m in it, all the way with you.”

“Oh by-the-way,” Buffy murmured against Spike’s taut chest muscles. “I have not forgotten that ‘my girl’ remark earlier,” she finished with a quick grin.

“Good,” he mumbled back tenderly. “Because you 'are' my girl now, sweetheart.”


Xander Harris sat in his brother, Frank’s bar and grill; appropriately named Frank’s Bar and Grill. It was now 11:30 AM on a bright sunny, Sunnydale morning and Xander had been tipping the whisky bottle since 10:00.

“You really need to at least wait until noon, don’t you think brother?” Frank snorted as he joined his older idol at the next bar stool

“It’s fucking noon somewhere, right?” Xander grumbled, downing the glass in front of him.

The two brothers sat in silence for a moment or two before Frank finally got up his nerve.

“Why ‘are’ you and Anya here?” The younger Harris boy asked quietly, sipping his own drink; a diet coke.

“To get married in good old Sunnydale,” Xander grunted as he poured himself another drink. “Hometown and all, remember little bro?”

“Yeah,” Frank whispered, his dark eyes were focused on his brother’s shot glass.

“You sure this isn’t more about Buffy Summers and less about….” Frank began, but he ended his sentence abruptly when he saw the murderous look in his older brother’s chocolate brown eyes.

“Forget it,” Franklin Harris spat as he reached for Xander’s whisky bottle. He poured himself a nice long shot into the empty coke glass.

After another few moments of tense silence, Frank finally spoke:

“Why do you hate Buffy so, Xand?” He asked wistfully. “Is it because she can’t or won’t love you back?” Frank’s hand shook, just a bit as he raised his glass to his lips and shot his brother a questioning glance.

“Might be part of it,” Xander Harris replied evenly. “Then, it might something more,” he added quickly.


(Flashbacks will be in script)

{Sunnydale, circa 1997 or so…..}


“Buffy, we have to talk,” Xander Harris had tracked down his obsession and cornered her outside the Bronze, in a dank, dark alley.

“You and I have nothing to talk about Xander,” Buffy hissed angrily as she tried to step past the lumbering tree of a man in front of her.

Xander grabbed Buffy’s tiny arm harshly and pulled her up to him. “We are going to talk,” he stated in a rough voice.

“I don’t want to talk; to you least of all!” Buffy spit at him, literally, and pulled away. She reached into her purse and pulled out something that resembled a swiss- army knife.

“Oh, so you’re going to what? Stab me now bitch?” Xander cursed angrily, again reaching for Buffy.

Buffy took a swing at Xander with the open knife and hissed. “Stay the fuck away from me Harris. Stay away or I’ll make sure you don’t rape someone else. You’re a fucking monster Xander; an evil, psychotic monster and I should have let you drown years ago. It would have saved the world a lot of grief!”

Xander, for his part, actually looked ‘pained’ by Buffy’s hateful words. He shook his dark head; apparently shaking off the pain and again grabbed for Buffy.

“I, I’m sorry,” Xander whispered harshly, though it was obvious that the big man wasn’t the least bit sorry at all.

Even if his dark eyes seemed filled with silent tears? Buffy would and could not be swayed.

“You’re not sorry you prick!” Buffy hissed; her mouth set in a firm, ugly frown.

“You purposely got me alone and raped me,” she stated unnecessarily. “You…..” she took another strong swipe at Xander’s lower section.

Xander reared back, stunned somewhat by Buffy’s determination. Actually, the whole thing would have been comical if Buffy didn’t look so damned pissed and serious about it.

“Love you,” Xander finished for her. “I love you Buffy,” he continued before she could say anything else. “I always have and always will,” he added sadly. “It’s my curse you know? That I love you and want you and know I'll never to have you?


“We’re soulmates, Buffy; you and me, we belong together and…..” Xander began to whimper pathetically.

Buffy gasped in shock when she realized that this demented psychotic really believed his own bullshit philosophy. Up until the rape incident, Buffy had figured that Xander was just deluded, somewhat. Now, however, it appeared that he was completely disillusioned and it terrified her.

“There was a baby,” Buffy blurted out without really meaning to. “You made a baby with me,” she mumbled, suddenly quite clear headed; something she hadn’t been a while.

“A baby?” Xander whispered in disbelief, his dark eyes lit up briefly.

“I had it terminated,” Buffy stated gruffly, her tone reflected the future all business cop she would become.

“What!” Xander cried; his tone harsh and once again raspy with pain and disbelief.

“I had the baby terminated,” Buffy spat defiantly. “I wouldn’t bring one of your children into this world Xander Harris. Even if you were the last man alive and I was the last woman and it meant the procreation of human life! I detest you that much you fucking low life vermin. It was a baby,” she hissed self-righteously, “a baby and I had it taken out of me for its sake more then any of ours!”


{End of flashback}


Xander closed his eyes against the oh so painful memory he had just relived and took another long slug of his drink. He noted that Frank, his brother, had not said anything for a while and he looked up to find the younger man gone from his side.

Buffy, she had said such awful things to him that day, ten years or so before and it had deadened Xander completely inside. She had gone on to say that if he, Xander, ever came near her again; she’d cut his balls off so he couldn’t hurt her or anyone other poor girl like that, ever.

“Yeah,” Xander sighed sadly, a lone tear trickled down his handsome cheek. “There’s some more to it, bro,” he continued wearily.

“I maybe could forgive Buffy for not loving me back, but I’ll never forgive her for killing our child together,” he finished gruffly.

For all of his bravado and posturing, Xander had a bad feeling about this William ‘Spike’ Giles character. Yes, he knew all about Buffy’s past relationships; especially the one with her one time partner Riley Finn. However, this guy, this Brit Giles; now he just might be the real thing and it rankled on Xander, immensely.

Xander looked at his empty glass, then at the bar length mirror on the wall behind the counter. Without a thought, the dark-haired man reared back and flung the glass against the mirror, shattering it into pieces.

Harris stood up and threw some hundred dollar bills on the bar and strode out of the building, never looking back. This is why he missed the shadowy figure in the backroom doorway and never saw the pained, tear-stained look on his fiancé, Anya’s, pretty face.


Buffy and Spike sat at the little café, Louis’ Bistro, quietly talking and munching some appetizers. Spike had insisted that they go out the next night and have a real date together.

There was a full pitcher of ice cold beer from the tap between them, sitting on the small, secluded table. Spike had ordered soft-shelled crabs for the both of them, with yet to arrive salads and french fries on the side.

They sat, Spike and Buffy, in the little booth seat next to each other and chatted amicably. This in itself shocked Buffy to no end actually, that she could just sit and enjoy this man’s company like this.

Spike poured some cold, yummy beer for them both and they toasted each other with a clink of their mugs together.

“Here’s to you, Princess,” Spike murmured in contentment as he winked at ‘his’ girl and sipped his delicious beer.

“Here’s to you,” Buffy giggled, sipping her own cold concoction eagerly.

“How ‘bout, here’s to us?” Spike finished for the both of them, tucking that adorable stray blond tress of Buffy’s behind her ear.

The waiter came with their suppers and discreetly scurried away from the obviously enamored couples’ table.

Buffy delicately munched her first taste or two of crab, then placed her fork on her plate and eyed Spike, carefully.

“You know, William,” she began, “I need to tell you something,” she stammered nervously.

Spike set his own fork down and took Buffy’s empty hand in his, placing a gentle, chaste kiss on her palm.

“What’s that sweetheart?” He asked tenderly.

Without breaking away from his intense gaze, Buffy murmured softly:

“I think I’m going to like being ‘your’ girl.”


A/N: That’s all for this story for a while. I’m off to camping (oh yay! LOL!)

Anyway, thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 9: 'Buffy Likes!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hmmm, I hope you like this chapter. It's more of a bridge then anything...
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike comes to a realization and well, so does Buffy!
Xander enlists the help of a shady character.


Chapter 9: ‘Buffy Likes!’


Spike studied the little blond that lay next to him on ‘her’ bed. He was propped up on his left elbow and arm, carefully watching Buffy as she slept; contented he felt, in her sleep.

The obsession he had harbored for that last few years for Buffy had grown; matured into love, so Spike felt. In the last few days, Spike had come to love the incredible woman who was now his bedmate.

“I can help you,” Spike whispered to the sleeping blond as he cuddled her warm body even closer to his. “I can save you,” he cooed his promises and snuggled Buffy’s petite form to his muscular one.

Buffy purred in complete contentment, oblivious, for the moment, to the epic events unfolding elsewhere in Sunnydale.


{Elsewhere in Sunnyhell!}


Anya Jenkins was not considered the brightest light in the socket. Nor would she even try to convince anyone she knew; friend, relative or foe, that she was even close to an intellectual.

No, Anya was not bright or smart, in the conventional sense, or even all that beautiful either. However, she was something that her lover/fiancé Xander Harris needed. Anya Jenkins was shrewd and street smart; tenacious and ambitious. In other words, she was everything that Xander Harris needed in a mate. She was, of course, Xander’s mate; even if he didn’t truly realize it. Everyone else certainly did, especially Anya.

Right now, Xander Harris needed a wife and Anya was more then willing to fit ‘that’ particular bill. Even if it meant ignoring the obvious facts: Xander was truly obsessed with Buffy Summers, no question about that and Anya knew it as well as anyone.

In the scheme of things, Anya had figured out a long time before this that she would always be the ‘D’ list girlfriend. Or as Franklin Harris and his skanky girlfriend Faith put it? Number two choice bitch; with a silver bullet.

Well, okay, Anya could deal with that, certainly, especially when she knew just how much Buffy abhorred Xander. Which was to be expected, actually and even more so after what Anya had overheard her fiancé muttering this afternoon in Frank’s Bar and Grill.

Xander had never admitted the truth about Buffy, especially not to Anya. No problem though since Anya was quite willing to overlook this new ugliness from her fiancé’s past.

Anya Jenkins had been brought up by a less then stellar mother, Sylvia Jenkins. If there had ever been a ‘step up to the plate’ father, Anya wasn’t aware of him. For all she knew, Anya bore her mother’s maiden name of Jenkins for a reason. Enough said about that.

However, if nothing else, Sylvia Jenkins had truly loved her only child Anya. She never made Anya feel like anything less then a princess, most of the time. Sylvia J loved her child; that much was for sure, even if she didn’t particularly take any true interest in her upbringing.

Sylvia had made sure that her precious Anya was brought up, of course, even if it was by the rather shady neighbors that inhabited the street they lived on. If Anya was brought up a bit jaded or cynical? Was that truly Sylvia’s fault? Doubtful. At least the girl had a dry roof over her head and food on the table; right?

“Xander,” Anya murmured softly as she sidled up to where her soon to be husband set in his easy chair.

As usual, Xander was belting back shots of some kind of liquor; his dark head lulled against the back of the chair.

“What?” Xander mumbled impatiently, draining his glass of amber liquid.

“Everything is ready; for our wedding,” Anya whispered timidly; something she wasn’t used to. Normally when dealing with Xander, it was Anya who could roar as loud as he could in retort.

“Yeah, whatever,” Xander sighed, his tone was one of defeat for some reason.

“Well, okay,” Anya murmured sadly remembering what she had overheard at the bar earlier. “I just…..”

“I love you,” Xander grunted matter-of-factly as he poured himself another shot. “You’re getting what we both want, Ahn, don’t make anymore out of it then that, okay?”

‘Christ,’ Xander realized silently, ‘she knows something. The bitch has my every thought on her radar!’

“Okay Xand,” Anya sighed in resignation. She walked slowly to their apartment bed and lay down, pulling the covers over her body.

Xander sat for a few moments longer in his favorite chair; his empty glass held loosely in his huge hand.

‘Why does Anya have to be so fucking intuitive?’ Xander asked himself ruefully. ‘That damned radar of hers is going to be the death of us,’ he admitted with a wry smile.

‘God dammit Buffy, why the fuck couldn’t you just love me back? Am I such a fucking loser that you couldn’t want me,’ he asked no one in particular, least of all God. Xander didn’t believe in God anymore, if he ever did and mostly because of Buffy Summers.

If there was a God, how come ‘He’ wouldn’t let Buffy love Xander? How come he allowed the golden girl to save Xander’s life, but not his heart and soul?

After refilling his little glass, Xander took a nice long drink and sighed heavily. He chose to ignore the traitorous lone tear that slipped down his right cheek.

A moment or two passed by before Xander’s thoughts returned to one William ‘Spike’ Giles. For some reason, Harris was more then certain that this British cop just might be the one to take him down. In the meantime, Xander was more concerned with just how much this Spike meant to Buffy.

Xander set his glass on the end table next to the chair and pulled out his cell phone. He speed dialed a specific number and slowly held the unit up to his right ear.

“Yeah?" The deep, rough voice on the other end of the line answered.

“It’s me,” Xander greeted the faceless voice, quite unnecessarily actually. The man on the other end knew exactly who was calling him and maybe even why.

“Angel, I need a favor from you,” Xander stated evenly in a quite tone. There was certainly no need for Anya to overhear this conversation, especially when it involved Buffy Summers.

{Back at Casa de Buffy!}

Buffy woke up, suddenly, and flipped over to find Spike soundly sleeping next to her. For some reason, this gave the young woman a deep sense of comfort; to find her lover asleep next to her.

She studied Spike’s tranquil facial expression; a soft, purely feminine smile graced her lips.

‘He looks like a teenager,’ Buffy mused, stifling a very vocal giggle. ‘Spike looks just like a young, studly teenage boy with his bed head hair, all curly and…..’

Spike took that moment to sigh and mumble something; something barely audible, barely that is.

“Buffy,” Spike murmured in his sleep. This caused Buffy to break out in a huge grin and she had to resist the urge to wake her sleeping lover.

For some reason, Buffy wanted to know everything about Spike Giles; right down to his earlier years and the William persona that Rupert had told her about. She knew of course that William had been rather bookish as a young man, right into his teen years.

In fact, according to Rupert Giles, William had once been the equivalent of what some called a nerd, at least here in the States. For some reason, Buffy found the idea of these quiet, studious ‘Spike’ quite sexy and she intended on finding out all about him, eventually.

This fact intrigued Buffy, as did the knowledge that William aka Spike loved and admired his father very much. She was quite sure that Spike loved and admired his uncle, Rupert Giles, almost as much as he did his father.

“Who are you Spike Giles?” Buffy mumbled sleepily as she laid her head back onto her pillow, ready to follow him back into slumber.

“See anything you like, Princess?” Spike murmured in a husky, drowsy tone. Even though his blue eyes were still very much closed as if sound asleep, his mouth was twisted in a half smirk.

Buffy nearly jumped; startled when she heard her lover ask the question, but she regained her composure quickly.

“As a matter of fact,” she whispered seductively, “I certainly see a lot that I like.”

Without missing a beat, Buffy leaned down and kissed Spike’s handsome mouth, seductively.


A/N: What is it that Angel will do for Xander??? I’ll give you a hint: It was Angel that was behind Robin Wood’s murder!

Thank you for reading and please review! I love reviews! Spufette.
Chapter 10: 'Hurt' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone who is reading this fic and my others.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Xander outlines his plans for Spike and Buffy with Angel. Angel is not everything he appears to be in this story. I hope that’s okay with you readers.

Faith and Frank have a talk and come to an understanding…..maybe.

Buffy and Spike have fun at the office (much to Rupert’s dismay). Later, there will be fun ‘dinner’ plans for our couple at Buffy’s place!



A/N: The lyrics in fancy parenthesis are from ‘Hurt’ by Nine Inch Nails. Thank you.


Chapter 10: ‘Hurt’


{I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that’s real}


“So who is this British fuck anyway?” Angel Crawford asked his other boss, Xander Harris casually.

While Xander mulled over his response, Angel studied him with a discerning eye. Angel was fully aware of Xander’s rather obvious obsession with Buffy Summers. He himself had harbored such an obsession for her also, in high school that is.

Angel Crawford, on the surface, appeared to be little more then a mediocre private eye. Not much more then a ‘B’ list private investigator with average clients and an even more average reputation. However…..

That was on the surface only; underneath, Angel was a hard core lackey for one Xander Harris. A ruthless ‘butt monkey’ for the even more ruthless drug czar of Sunnydale and LA.

It was Angel that had orchestrated the assassination of one Robin Wood and it was he, also, that had caused a lot of upheaval inside of the Sunnydale borders. Not to mention the upheaval in one Buffy Summers’ life.

After all, Xander paid Angel very well; just like he paid all of his hired guns. Even if some of them, like Angel, were the clandestine of their kind.

Angel wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed of life, but he knew the extent of Xander’s feelings for Buffy. If he himself had shaken off those feelings some years ago and Xander had not? Then so be it.

On the other hand, Angel was also fully aware of some other cold hard facts. If his own wife, Darla, had ever gotten wind of just who was paying the majority of the Crawford bills and why he was paying them? Well, Darla Crawford would dump Angel, her husband, in a New York minute. That he could not have under any circumstances.

“So, do you want me to take out this Brit and….” Angel began cautiously. For all of his bravado and machismo, the big PI did not relish another cop’s blood on his hands.

“Eventually,” Xander mumbled matter-of-factly. “I think we should play some cat and mouse games with Buffy first though,” he added with a smirk.

“Can I ask you something,” Angel interrupted carefully.

“Ask away,” Xander grunted casually as he poured another shot of whisky into his glass.

“Why don’t you just let this ‘thing’ of yours over Buffy go? Just move on and marry your girl, Anya, and be done with it?” Angel inquired bravely.

Xander turned and faced his ‘employee’ with a definite frown on his handsome mouth. Harris did not appreciate any declension in his ranks and he certainly despised any kind of defiance. This was defiance on Angel’s part, most definitely. It had to be squelched; immediately.

“You know, Angel,” Xander began silkily.

If Angel didn’t know better, he’d of thought that Xander’s tone was probably like the serpents in the old Bible story of the Garden of Eden. Smooth, silky and very, very deadly.

“I’ve never thought of you as the ‘thinker’ type. Not ever,” Xander continued in an even voice. “You’re more of a ‘doer’ type, aren’t you?”

Angel nodded slowly as he tried to clock his secret employer’s mood. He was fully aware of how volatile Xander Harris could be; especially when it concerned Buffy Summers, for some reason.

“Well, I’m the take charge guy,” Xander chuckled derisively. “The guy who ‘has’ to take the action and make the decisions for this motley crew of ours.”

Xander poured Angel another drink and gave him a sly wink with his right eye.


“You see, Angel,” Xander continued with a heavy, world weary sigh, “I don’t want to destroy Buffy Summers.”

Angel snorted and raised his right dark brow in question. “You don’t,” he asked in confusion.

“Not really,” Xander replied casually.

‘If this crazy fuck doesn’t spill his guts soon, I’ll blow my own brains out!’ Angel thought to himself.

“I want you to ‘play’ with Buffy for a while,” Xander finally stated with a shrug of his massive shoulders.

“In fact,” Xander continued smoothly, “I want you to dance around the bitch for as long as you can. In my place, of course,” he chuckled wickedly.

“You’ll start by giving Buffy some silent advice,” Xander grunted, taking a long drink from his glass.

“Silent advice; or warning?” Angel asked nervously. This was getting more and more cryptic and if there was anything Angel hated it was the cryptic shit.

“You know very well that Buffy has a little sister she adores and a mother she worships,” Xander explained coolly. “I know very well just exactly where ‘they’ are right now. In the City of the Angels. I also know just how upset dear Buffy would be if she thought her precious family was in any danger,” he finished with a sigh and a shake of his head.

“You want me to hurt Dawn and Joyce Summers,” Angel rasped in disbelief.

In all of his years of association with Xander Harris, Angel would never have suspected that the big man would take his war with Buffy this far.

“Jesus Xander,” Angel muttered harshly, “they are your family too and…..”

“I didn’t tell you to hurt Dawn and Joyce,” Xander spat in reply, slamming his glass on the table in front of him. “I’m telling you to give Buffy some ‘cause’ for thought. If she thinks her fucking family is in danger from us; what do you think she’ll do with her newest loser of a fuck buddy!”

‘Christ, he’s completely deranged,’ Angel realized as he watched his superior strut about the room like a brazen rooster.

‘Rooster equals cock which translates to prick,’ Angel mused, ‘how fucking appropriate is that for you Harris?'

“And if you hurt your Anya in the process?” Angel stammered, again nervously, avoiding Xander’s dark eyes. “I mean, don’t you think Anya might be a bit ‘hurt’ herself when she finds out how much time and effort you’re putting into your Summers’ vendetta?”

Xander glared at Angel angrily, then suddenly broke into a wide grin. “Since when did you become a family therapist, Crawford? Been taking classes at night,” laughing loudly at the ridiculous thought.

Angel Crawford was little more then a big, arrogant thug; everybody knew that. Well, except maybe his clueless wife, Darla Crawford. She thought her husband was God’s gift to the world for some stupid reason.

“So, uhm, just how do I use Dawn and Joyce Summers to ‘hurt’ little Buffy?” Angel stammered slowly. He focused his attention on the picture of Anya on Xander’s table. There was no way he could look the bastard in the face right now.


Faith wiped all signs of the tell-tale white powder from under her nose. She stood up from her bedroom vanity and tightened the tie on her black silk robe.

When she turned to head into the master bathroom which was connected to the bedroom that she shared with her lover; she stopped in her tracks. Frank was standing in the bedroom doorway; arms crossed over his massive chest and that ‘what now’ disappointed look on his face.

“When did you get here?” Faith asked her lover casually as she sat on the end of their huge bed.

“Just in time, apparently,” Frank muttered in disgust, flopping down next to the woman he desperately loved for some reason.

“Been ‘eating’ powered donuts again baby?” Frank asked sarcastically, unable to keep the hurt and bitterness from his tone.

“Where did you get that shit?” Frank muttered harshly, although he knew exactly where Faith had gotten the coke. His brother, Xander.

“Hmpph, that’s pretty fucking rich, Frankie,” Faith laughed derisively. “Your whole empire is pretty much based on ‘that shit’ as you put it, and your brother is king of the shit pile! You going sensitive on me, baby,” she spat sourly as she wiped the last of the white evidence above her pouty upper lip.

“Speaking of Xander,” Frank mumbled, changing the subject from coke to his brother. “I want you to ‘stay’ away from him from now on, understand?”

Faith actually looked kind of stunned, momentarily, Frank thought with satisfaction. He knew, of course, that Faith knew that he knew that she was…..

“Oh fuck it all,” Frank growled, “you know what I mean Faith. Knock off screwing around with my brother, immediately or I’ll break that pretty neck of yours and…..”

“My God! You’ve finally grown some balls baby!” Faith broke out into loud raucous laughter and Frank felt all of his bravado quickly slip away.

When Faith fell over on the bed, peals of laughter shaking her lush body, something in Frank just snapped.

“Yeah, I guess I have finally grown a pair, sweetheart,” he roared angrily as he yanked Faith back up to a sitting position.

Frank felt smugly pleased as Faith’s laughter ceased instantly when she saw the look of hatred and anger in his dark eyes.

Was that fear in Faith’s pretty brown eyes? Yeah, it was, Frank decided, again satisfied that he had actually gained his lover’s fickle attention.

“You’re going to quit fucking my brother, understand Faith?” Frank repeated harshly, shaking her roughly.

“When did you get so jealous, lover? You’ve always shared your toys with big bro before.” Faith stammered; her brown eyes locked with his.

“It’s not about me or even you this time, Faith,” Frank sighed heavily, his voice sounded so sad and pathetic, even to him.

“It’s about Anya,” Frank muttered as he released Faith’s arms and stood up. He stumbled over to the mini bar in the bedroom and quietly poured himself a drink.

“Want one?” He asked the silent brunette on the bed.

“No,” Faith whispered in reply.

Frank slowly walked back to the bed and sat down, much more gently this time, next to his woman.

“I love you Faith, I do,” Frank murmured between sips of his whisky. “I know I don’t own you, or control you; no one can control you, but…..”

“It’s Anya, isn’t it?” Faith asked bluntly, the resentment in her tone made Frank cringe a bit.

“Yes, it’s Anya. I don’t want her hurt anymore, Faith, especially after her and my brother's wedding. Xander owes Anya, at least fidelity; he owes her. She helped make my brother, and me. You…..” but Faith cut Frank off right there.

“Anya is almost as big a bitch as I am, honey,” Faith hissed. “Why the sudden concern over ‘her’ feelings?”

If Frank didn’t know better, he’d swear that his girlfriend was what? Jealous?

This was a new, more sensitive side to Faith that Frank had not witnessed before. He liked it; liked the sense of power it gave him.

“Yeah, Anya is ‘almost’ as big a bitch as you,” Frank mumbled. Before Faith could counter, he took her in his arms and held her tightly to him.

“Give up Xander, please Faith,” Frank whispered into her ear. “For Anya’s sake, but for mine too I’m tired of hurting and hurting us, baby. I love you Faith, I do.”

Faith pulled back from Frank, just far enough to look into his dark, sad but beautiful eyes. The Harris boys had such beautiful eyes; especially Frank, or so Faith felt.

“I’ll stop ‘being with’ Xander,” she stated evenly, her gaze never broke from his.

Frank pulled Faith back into his strong embrace and stroked her lovely long dark hair, lovingly. “Thank you baby,” he murmured tenderly, trying to hide the sorrow in his voice.

Frank Harris could always detect a lie, even when the one telling it was looking him right in the eye. Even when the teller was such a consummate liar like his lover, Faith.


{The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything…

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end…

You could have it all
My empire made of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt.}



All day, at the station, Buffy and Spike had sat in the same office; had lunch together, with Rupert of course and went over the Harris case. The makeshift desk they had given Spike was across the room from Buffy’s, but that did not keep him from watching her for most of the day.

Buffy would be concentrating on her paperwork and suddenly ‘feel’ a warm gaze her way. When she looked up, she would find Spike looking at her; that incredibly sexy smile of his held promise.

‘You’re doing it again,’ Buffy said accused him silently as she returned the smile.

‘Doing what?’ Spike seemed to ask, his left scarred brow quirked up in innocent question.

Buffy glanced over at her boss, Rupert Giles, who merely rolled his eyes for the hundredth time that day. Then he removed his glasses and rubbed them, thoroughly, on his handkerchief…again.

Spike chuckled lowly and winked at Buffy, apparently having noticed his uncle’s reaction to the flirting going on between them.

“About finished there Princess?” Spike purred, ignoring his uncle’s exasperated glare.

“Just about,” Buffy murmured softly, her green eyes locked into Spike’s blue ones.

“I thought maybe Chinese take out tonight, sweetling,” Spike stated evenly, again ignoring Rupert’s grunt of disapproval. It was always business with Uncle Rupes; Spike was well aware of that.

“Sounds terrific,” Buffy giggled happily as she slammed the paperwork folder on her desk closed. “It’s nearly 6:00; let’s blow this joint!”

Spike threw his own paperwork into the desk drawer and eagerly followed his lover out to the office door.

“See you tomorrow Giles,” Buffy called behind her as she exited the office. She gave her supervisor a cheery little wave as she left.

“Don’t expect us too early Rupes,” Spike crowed gleefully following Buffy out of the office.

“Oh good Lord!” Rupert sighed loudly as he shook his graying head in exasperation.


“Buffy,” Spike moaned in pleasure as he thrust his cock into her sweet little cunny. One more thrust and both he and Buffy were sent reeling into major orgasms.

“That was by far the most amazing time yet tonight, sweetheart,” Spike purred into Buffy’s ear.

They were snuggled up together in Buffy’s bed, basking in the afterglow of their last round of love making.

Once they had left the office; picked up the Chinese takeout and some wine, the couple had hurried back to Buffy’s place. Before they could set up for supper, however, Buffy and Spike had been distracted by each other.

The uneaten Chinese food had been left on the kitchen table, all but forgotten, while Spike stripped Buffy’s of her clothes. They had barely made it to the bedroom before Spike had Buffy naked and writhing beneath him. He was naked and writhing too, of course, by this time so it all worked out very nicely thank you.

“Yeah, it was amazing, wasn’t it,” Buffy giggled in response.

“I know you were hungry, sweet,” Spike murmured as he gently stroked Buffy’s luscious neck. “Sorry I ruined dinner by sweeping you off to your bed here,” he added with a wicked little smile.

“No you’re not,” Buffy purred in contentment at the feel of Spike’s wonderful fingers on her bare neck and shoulder.

“Besides,” she continued with a nice big stretch of her arms, “we can always reheat the food, right?”


A/N: Well, there this one is. I wanted to have ‘some’ Spuffy in this so I ended the chapter with the Spike and Buffy interaction. This chapter was mainly posted to reveal some of the other character’s plot lines.

I chose to start it off angstsy (thus the title of this chapter) and end it on a sweet Spuffy note.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 11: 'Vengeance Is MIne...' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you again to whomever nominated this story at Love's Last Glimpse Awards.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: The one in which we find out some more dark secrets of Xander’s and Anya’s. Also Buffy gets a ‘warning’ via mail. How will she react and what does Spike do? Well, I’ll tell you this much; Spike goes caveman and we see the less softer side of our Spike Giles.

A/N: Again, I would like to thank you all for reading this. Thank you for nominating this fiction at the Love’s Last Glimpse Awards. It means so much to me.


Chapter 11: ‘Vengeance Is Mine…..’


Buffy stood in her office, arm poised back in a hurling position; then she let go. The small dart she threw hit ‘bulls-eye’ and her young companion groaned in frustration.

“Gee Miss Summers,” Andrew Preston mumbled under his breath, “I heard you were good at darts, but….”

The blond young woman giggled mischievously and motioned Andrew to sit down in the nearest chair. Their impromptu dart was forgotten, for now.

It had been a mundane morning at the precinct and with Spike off with his uncle doing ‘whatever’ Buffy decided to pass the time with the young office clerk.

Andrew Preston was barely eighteen-years-old and he looked even younger. Almost elfin in appearance, the teen had gotten himself into some minor trouble a while back. Instead of sending Andrew through the usual branches of young offender justice system; Rupert Giles had come to bat for him and had the kid working in the precinct at odd clerical duties. Apparently Rupert saw something in the young man; something more then just a nerdy, troubled teen. With a quick mind and a basically sweet nature, Andrew and quickly become well liked in the precinct.

“You know, Andy,” Buffy began, “I think it’s okay if you call me Buffy and not Miss Summers. It makes me feel like a hundred,” she added with a pout.

“Yes, Miss, I mean Buffy,” Andrew stammered shyly. He focused his blue-eyed gaze on the Buffy’s statue of liberty paper weight on her desk.

“I was thinking, Andrew,” Buffy began again, her lips pursed in thought. “I’m having a bar-b-que, at my condo this weekend,” she continued. “Detective Giles, I mean Spike,” she blushed briefly, “he’s going to do the honors at the grill. His uncle, Rupert and Jennifer Giles will be there and…..”

Andrew gave Buffy that puppy dog look of his, melting her heart even more. Buffy knew Andrew had a ‘thing’ for Jennifer’s young niece, Amanda, and was eager for a proper introduction

“You know Amanda Calendar, right?” Buffy asked slyly, a wicked little grin graced the corners of her mouth.

“Uhm, well yeah,” Andrew sputtered in reply, sure he had made a complete fool of himself.

“Well, I’m inviting Amanda also and of course Willow and her guy, Daniel Osbourne, or Oz as he likes to be called. I thought I’d ask some other people too; make it a real party. I wondered, well thought that maybe you’d like to attend?” Buffy raised her right golden brow; which was for dramatic affect only. She knew Andrew would jump at the chance to really be included in the social activities Buffy had just described.

“Yes Miss Summers!” Andrew exclaimed eagerly. “I mean,” he mumbled shyly, “I would really enjoy your bar-b-que, I’m sure.”


Anya Jenkins was a very practical young woman; in most ways that is. She had a soft spot in her heart for Xander Harris and of course, this was her Achilles Heel, so to speak.

At the moment, Anya was finishing up her wedding plans which had been fairly difficult for her. She had insisted on doing most of it herself, especially since it would be a small affair. After all, it’s not like she had a lot of guests to invite here in Sunnydale. For that matter, Anya didn’t have a lot of friends anyway.

Her entire present life centered around Xander, his brother Frank and oh yes that bitch Faith. Anya hated Faith, literally, but she was Frank’s lover and that meant that she was part of the Harris extended clan.

Of course, Anya totally suspected that her Xander was fucking Faith while they were in Sunnydale. She would gladly have called her fiancé out on it, ages ago, but for one or two little details: Xander would just deny it and the whole confrontation would just throw a monkey wrench in the wedding plans. Anya did not need that now, or ever for that matter.

Then, of course, there was the ‘other’ not so little detail. Anya truly loved Xander and she knew he loved her too. As if this wasn’t enough, Xander also ‘had’ nearly as much dirt on Anya as she did on him.

It was Anya, years before that had aided her lover in the vengeance on his parents. It was Anya that had slipped the dope into the older Harris couple’s tonic water at the restaurant. Even if Xander had provided the untraceable powder; he had convinced Anya to do the deed for him.

Anya sat, deep in thought about the whole incident years before. She finally snapped out of her troubled musings and refocused on the tasks before her. Her mother, Sylvia Jenkins, was due to arrive in Sunnydale by Friday of next week; Anya needed to finish up some last minute details for her arrival.

“Besides,” Anya snorted to herself as she stood up from her chair, “once I’ve got Xander’s wedding ring on my finger? He’ll never touch that skank, Faith again. I know my Xander better then even he realizes,” she added with a wry smile.


Franklyn Harries warily watched his brother, Xander, as he downed another glass of whisky.

‘Christ,’ Frank muttered to himself, ‘you’d think the idiot would hold off until at least noon.’

“Go ahead little bro,” Xander chuckled between sips of another glass. “Don’t hold back, speak your mind,” the older brother snorted.

“Well, since you say so Xander. Can’t you wait until at least noon to start getting shit faced?” Frank could not hide the disgust in his tone.

“I don’t get shit faced,” Xander snorted, but set his glass down on the little table anyway.

“Okay then,” Frank began again, hesitating briefly to think out his next sentence. “Can I ask you why you’re inviting Buffy and a ‘date’ to your wedding?” As if he, Frank Harris, didn’t know the answer to that one.

“Oh, thought we’d have some family of ours there,” Xander replied in his matter of fact voice. He did not, however, look his younger brother in the eyes when he responded. Instead he focused his dark gaze on the nearly empty bottle of Jack Daniels next to his glass.

“Oh for fuck’s sake, Xand,” Frank cursed harshly, “you don’t give a fuck about so called family. What is this shit about Buffy going to ever get you anyway? Can’t you let Anya have ‘her’ day in peace without…..”

“Anya will understand,” Xander mumbled gruffly as he again sipped at his drink.

‘Why bother with the glass?’ Frank thought sarcastically. ‘Why not just drink straight from the bottle?’

“Anya knows what she’s getting into here, Frank She knows why I do what I do.” Xander continued evenly. “Besides, it’s Angel Crawford who’s inviting our little cousin to the wedding, albeit for me,” he finished with a wicked laugh.

“I can’t stand that worthless fuck,” Frank growled menacingly. “He’s thick as mud and a fuck up in general. I don’t see why you involved him in this Sunnydale mess anyway…”

“Because I can,” Xander hissed, cutting his younger brother off. His glass slammed back onto the table, cracking in two in the process.

Xander stood up and began to pace about Frank’s apartment living room, muttering to himself, angrily. Frank watched his brother march about; reminded of some pompous hulking dictator.

After a moment or two, Xander halted his pacing and marched up to his shorter brother. He glared down into Frank’s dark eyes, his own brown eyes burned with anger.

“You’re right, Sunnydale is a fucking mess right now,” Xander growled at the younger man. “You can blame yourself for some of that,” he added snarkily. “Since this town is ‘mine’ I’ll just have to fix it, won’t I?”

Frank looked into his brother’s fiery eyes; he was intimidated, of course, by Xander, but he did not back down.

“So you’re gonna’ fix it by using Angel Crawford to help us? Are you forgetting that it was Crawford that fucked up that whole Robin Wood fiasco?” Frank asked quietly, knowing his idol would not really take out his infamous temper on his own little brother.

“I’ll do what I have to,” Xander grunted in response before he flopped back down on the huge leather couch.

“This is my town; my world, ain’t it? Besides,” he sighed wearily, “I wanted Wood dead, you know that. One more warning for Buffy right? Anyway,” he continued, his voice deadly calm once again, “Angel ain’t gonna’ hurt Buffy or the rest of our dear little family. He’s only gonna’ warn her and her new bleached blond puppy to back off from us, okay?”

“Okay,” Frank sighed in defeat, but he still wasn’t convinced that Xander wanted Buffy merely warned. He feared that his older brother ‘the self-proclaimed king of Sunnydale’ was interested in more then intimidating Buffy Summers.


Buffy perused her condo patio, happily, knowing that her little get together was a smashing success. ‘Smashing’ that’s what William would call it, Buffy thought to herself affectionately; a small smile graced her lips.

At this very fine, sunny Saturday afternoon moment, William/Spike Giles was grilling some hamburgers and a nice tri-tip on Buffy’s brick, built in bar-b-que. Buffy watched as William (the name she chose to call him) debated amicably with Daniel ‘Oz’ Osbourne, Willow’s boyfriend. It appeared that they were discussing the finer points of ‘From First To Last’ as a band vs. the old Sex Pistols.

Of course, Buffy’s boyfriend, William, was arguing the esthetic values of the Pistols, while Oz pointed out the newness and youthful presence of FFTL. Buffy grinned at Jennifer Giles, Rupert’s wife, and received a benevolent smile in return.

Rupert Giles took this opportunity to sidle up next to Buffy and point out how happy his nephew, William appeared to be. Buffy blushed, shyly, still somewhat unprepared to take any credit for Will’s new found happiness.

“He seems quite settled, eh Jenny?” Rupert asked his wife who had now joined Buffy and him by the condo’s sliding glass doorway.

“Yes, he does,” Jenny chuckled warmly. “You’ve been such a good influence on William, Buffy,” she added knowingly. “I’m so glad he finally came here to the States and met you,” she finished with a quick wink in Buffy’s direction.

“William is pretty special,” Buffy purred appreciatively as she watched her guy flip burgers on the grill. “He’s really brilliant, but you know that, right?”

“Too right,” Rupert snorted slightly, taking his glasses off and wiping them on a handkerchief. “William just needs a positive direction in life; seems you’re that very thing Buffy dear,” the older man chuckled and patted Buffy’s arm.

Spike took that moment to look up at the admiring trio and graced Buffy with an adoring smile.

Buffy and Spike were in charge of the hamburgers; tri-tip and bread, while Rupert had whipped up some of his famous potatoes salad. It was Rupert who was the cook in the American Giles’ family and his salads were known throughout Sunnydale.

Oz had brought along a case of beer and his best friend, Devon who had brought Tara, his girlfriend with him. Willow and Tara had made up a huge green salad and homemade dressing to go with.

There were some specially selected bottles of wine and ice cold watermelon for dessert; along with homemade ice cream.

Andrew had shown up with homemade brownies (from his mother) and made a quick bee-line for Jennifer’s niece, Amanda Calendar. At this very moment, Andy was shyly handing the object of his affections a plateful of yummy looking food. Amanda took the plate with a good grace and smiled coyly up at the fair-haired youth.

Buffy grinned at the young couple’s exchange, happy to know that Andrew was really coming out of his shell. Just at Amanda seem to be doing.

The small gathering of people chatted away and ate the simple, yet wonderful feast. All in all, the day was going along great and Buffy felt happier then she had in ages. Never one for entertaining, Buffy ‘right’ about this get together, especially with William in attendance.

‘Maybe this will turn out,’ Buffy thought to herself in contentment. ‘I’m so glad….’ Her happy thoughts were interrupted by her condo’s front doorbell. The doorbell rang through the condo and shrilled out into the patio, alerting Buffy to another guest.

“Everyone’s here I invited,” she mumbled in confusion as she trotted through her condo to the front door.

Spike had followed right behind Buffy, protectively keeping in step with his girlfriend. He had a bad feeling in his gut for some reason and he had no intention of letting Buffy answer the door by herself.

“Sign here, please Miss,” the mail delivery guy asked evenly as he held out his clip board.

“Sure,” Buffy stammered somewhat nervously. She was not used to getting specially delivered mail, even though she was a Sunnydale police officer.

“What’s this then?” Spike asked suspiciously eyeing the two packages of mail that Buffy held in her tiny hands.

“I don’t know,” Buffy replied stuttered as she eyed the two envelopes herself.

Buffy slowly ripped open the smaller of the ‘letters’ who fingers trembled slightly in trepidation.

“Oh, God,” Buffy murmured when she had successfully opened the letter and read it’s contents.

“I…..” she mumbled and held out the fancy white paper that was embossed in gold trim.

“What the fuck!” Spike bellowed when he read the impressive white paper.

“Why the fuck would Xander and Anya invite you to their wedding,” he mumbled.

“I, I don’t know,” Buffy stammered in reply, her green eyes fell on the other large envelope she held in her right hand.

“Open it,” Spike ordered quietly. “Open it, or I will,” he added evenly.

Buffy timidly opened the large, manila envelope, afraid of what she would find in it. Her green eyes widened in horror when she discovered the contents of the mysterious envelope.

“Oh, my God, Will,” she gasped in horror; her right hand shook, visibly as she held out the damning pictures to Spike.

Spike scanned the pictures that Buffy had given him; his blue eyes wide in disbelief.

There were various shots of Joyce and Dawn Summers, along with Dawn’s husband Connor. Apparently, the photographer had taken the cryptic shots in Los Angeles, the city Buffy’s mom and little sister lived in now. Buffy had spilled everything to Spike, along with showing him different pictures of her family there.

“He knows; Xander knows exactly where Mom and Dawnie are,” Buffy whimpered fearfully. She tried to sweep past Will, but the blond man caught her arm and roared, “Uncle Rupes, get in here!”

Rupert Giles hurried into Buffy’s living room, followed by his devoted wife Jennifer.

“What is it?” Rupert asked, a worried scowl marred his handsome mouth.

“It’s this,” Spike hissed as he held out the invitation and pictures to his uncle.

“Oh dear Lord,” Rupert muttered, again removing his glasses and cleaning them furiously.

Buffy finally managed to pull away from Spike and high tail it into her kitchen. Jenny began to follow, but Rupert held his wife in check.

“Wait, Jennifer dear,” Rupert whispered, “I think we’d better go over this with William.”

“I’m gonna’ kick that bastard, Harris’ arse,” Spike growled menacingly as he headed for Buffy’s door.

“I’m not so sure that this is Xander’s work,” Rupert stated, taking his nephew by the arm. “This looks more like Angel Crawford’s work,” he added with a thoughtful frown.

“Who?” Spike asked impatiently, his blue eyes focused on Buffy’s front door.

“Angel Crawford, a local private investigator,” Rupert sighed heavily. “He’s been on our radar for years; never could pen anything on the man, just…..”

“He works for Xander?” Spike asked quietly as he re-scanned the damaging pictures Buffy had received.

“We have been watching Angel for years,” Rupert began attentively, “never could catch him at anything. Not that Crawford is the sharpest tool in the shed; but he is clever enough to escape any damaging evidence against his person.”

“I’ll give him damage,” Spike rasped gruffly as he pulled away from his uncle’s grasp. “I’m going to go talk to Buffy then I’m coming back in here. When I do? I want a business address for this Harris butt monkey, Crawford. After that, I’m leaving for a while, but I ‘will’ be back,” the blond called back as he headed into his girl’s kitchen.

“I would appreciate it if you would go and talk to Buffy, dear,” Rupert whispered to his wife.

“Of course, Rupert,” Jenny Giles replied quickly as she followed her husband’s nephew into Buffy’s kitchen.

Spike found Buffy, huddled in one of her kitchen table chairs; her blond head hung low over the table.

“Baby,” Spike began cautiously, “I’m here. Please, tell me that everything is…..”

“It’s not,” Buffy muttered under her breath. “Nothing’s okay,” she whimpered softly. “Xander, he…..”

“Is dead meat,” Spike finished for her.

“Xander didn’t send this,” Buffy muttered half-heartedly. “It was…..”

“Angel Crawford,” Spike finshed yet another sentence for his lover.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered in response. “He works for Xander, sometimes,” she added sorrowfully. “I went to school with Angel and his now wife, Darla,” she finished with a sad sigh.

“Listen Princess,” Spike began tenderly as he gently stroked Buffy’s soft golden head. “I have to go out for a while, but I’ll be back, understand?”

Buffy looked up into William’s honest blue eyes, her green ones clouded with fear and despaired.

“He won’t stop, you know,” Buffy murmured fearfully, obviously speaking about Xander Harris.

“He will if ‘we’ stop him,” Spike replied evenly. With that, Spike bent down and kissed Buffy’s forehead then turned and sauntered out of her kitchen door. “I love you Buffy,” he murmured sincerely as he headed out of the small but bright kitchen.

It was then that Buffy noticed Jennifer Giles close by and she looked at her supervisor’s wife with pleading green eyes. “Jenny? Where is Will going?” Buffy whispered in her detested little girl’s voice.

“I imagine William is going to do what the Giles men do best,” Jennifer began quietly. “He is going to go and protect, or should I say revenge the woman he loves.”


Spike pulled up in front of a rather dubious looking office building. This was the poorer part of Sunnydale and Spike wasn’t really surprised.

After his uncle had provided a business address for one Angel Crawford, Spike wasted no time in driving his rented car to this very spot. Angel appeared to be in, if the Mercedes in the lot was any indication that is.

“Do you have an appointment,” the idiotic looking woman behind a receptionist’s desk asked Spike. He glanced at the nameplate on the desk and read ‘Nina’ in bright gold letters.

“No, but your boss will surely see ‘me’ girl,” Spike muttered in reply. He knew his blue eyes burned with righteous indignation and this must have impressed the woman because she scurried into her bosses’ inner office. Nina returned quickly and motioned for Spike to enter the main office.

Spike swaggered into the office, stopping when he noticed the dark haired Goliath that sat behind a shoddy little desk. If Spike was intimidated by this other bloke’s obvious size, he pushed the fear down and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Who are you?” Angel Crawford asked the odd looking, obviously bleached blond man before him; although, he had a pretty good idea who he was. Xander Harris had provided an extensive description of one William ‘Spike’ Harris and apparently, this was the man in the flesh.

Angel stood up and sauntered around his desk with his most intimidating posture. Who the fuck did this Billy Idol wanna’ be thing he was? Coming here, to Angel’s office and…..

“I’m your worst fucking nightmare mate,” Spike growled; he reached behind him and pulled out a large wooden bat he had carefully hidden there.

Before Angel could mutter a word or call for help, Spike swung his bat and hit the taller man right in both of this kneecaps. This sent Angel Crawford tumbling forward in pain, which gave Spike the advantage of placing his left foot into the dark haired man’s back shoulder blades.

“What the fuck to you want!?” Angel gasped in pain from his position on his own office floor.

“I want you to leave my girl, Buffy Summers, alone,” Spike hissed as he ground his foot into Angel’s back.

“I….” Angel began defensively.

“You work for Xander Harris,” Spike finished for the incapacitated private detective. “That’s over,” Spike continued matter of factly, his foot still dug into Angel’s back. He viciously kicked Angel in his side with his right foot.

“I think it’s time for you to pull up stakes and move on, Crawford,” Spike chuckled, surveying his victim’s backside. “In fact, I think it’s time for you to pack up your family and get the bloody hell out of Sunnydale. What do you think, Crawford?”

“I,” Angel sputtered into his plush black carpet. “I think maybe you might be right,” he groaned in pain.

“Get out now,” Spike ordered evenly, “and keep running until you’re safely off of Harris’ radar screen,” he added with another swift kick to Angel’s ribs.

“If you don’t,” Spike continued in a deep, menacing voice, “and any other little package arrives at my girl’s house? I’ll hold you personally responsible and like God? Vengeance is mine,” he finished then pulled out his Scotland Yard issued police revolver.

Spike held the gun to Angel’s shaking head and clicked the trigger back. “I mean this, mate,” the blond hissed, “I’ll personally come here, or your home and blow your worthless head off. Now, what are you going to do Crawford?”


A/N: Well, that was hard for me; I don’t know why! Anyway, please read and review. Thank you, spufette.
Chapter 12: 'Her #1 With A Bullet' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Okay, so it's been too long since I've updated this and here's the next chapter.

Thank you again for the nominations at Love's Last Glimpse Awards.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike makes his threat to Angel even more lethal.
While he returns to Buffy, Spike realizes some very eye-opening facts.

Xander has a tiff with Anya over his wedding guest list and well let’s just say he does something stupid.

Everyone at Buffy’s comes to realize just what Xander had in mind with the wedding invitation and the pictures Angel took. Will Buffy fall for the veiled threat?


Chapter 12: ‘Her #1 With A Bullet’


“So Crawford, what’s it gonna’ be then?” Spike asked the huge dark-haired man who was at the moment, still down on his knees; Spike’s gun to his head.

“Are you going to leave town, all nice and friendly like, with your wife in tow? Are you going to let my girl and her family alone or…” Spike was cut off by a whimpering Angel.

“Even if I do leave,” Angel groaned from the pain Spike had caused him earlier. “Even if I go,” he continued, almost stuttering by from the pain by this time. "Do you honestly think that Harris is going to let up?”

Angel gave Spike a last stand smirk of triumph; which he instantly lost when he saw the murderous look in Giles’ narrowed blue eyes.

“I think,” Spike began with a growl, “that you’re leaving, now,” he added evenly.

“Let me explain something to you Peaches,” Spike actually chuckled at his new found name for the pathetic loser at his feet.

“I look at this whole Harris thing as kind of a demented chess game; with Xander being the king if you will. Harris has all kinds of bloody little knights and such that surround him; protect him,” the blond grinned down at Angel evilly.

“Yup, there’s knights, rooks and even pawns a plenty in this game,” Spike chuckled again as he clicked the safety back on his gun. His steely blue gaze never left Angel’s fearful dark gaze however.

“I come along to save the queen let’s say. Can you guess who the real queen is Crawford?” Spike grinned at the shaking man.

“Buffy,” Angel mumbled almost incoherently.

“What’s that?” Spiked asked quietly through clenched teeth. “Didn’t quite hear you Peaches; you know what I mean? Now, tell me, who’s the real queen here?”

“Buffy Summers,” Angel spat once again as he tried to keep his anger in check.

“Right answer,” Spike replied with a benevolent smile. “You’re not as fucking stupid as you look Crawford,” the Brit chuckled wickedly.

“Now, I see you,” Spike continued, “as the real pawn in this game. The throwaway piece of the board that really isn’t all that necessary in the first place. So, if I see you as a pawn for Harris; what do you think your boss sees you as?”

Spike gave Angel his best choir boy smile and waited for the oaf’s response.

“Xander sees me as a pawn; a fool,” Angel finally muttered, his head hung down so his eyes could not meet Spike’s.

“Right again,” Spike grunted proudly at the pathetic moron at his feet. “So if this so called boss sees you as basically useless and a fool, then why not skip town with some of your pride intact boy? Get out of Sunnydale while you can still leave in one piece Crawford.”

Spike pulled back and made ready to leave Angel’s cramped office space.

“Oh and Crawford,” he turned to face the still kneeling hulk of a man. “I wouldn’t head towards LA, or anywhere near the Summers’ females, got it?”

Angel nodded slowly, but still did not look at Spike Giles.

“Because,” Spike began evenly, “if anything shows up that upsets Buffy again and I even think for a moment that you’re involved? I’ll track you down again and rip your balls off and shove them down your worthless bloody throat!”

The blond straightened up again to leave, but hesitated.

“You know,” Spike began in an even tone, his mouth curled into a wicked smirk. “I hate to kick a bloke when he’s down, but for you? I’ll make an exception.”

Before Angel could blink in disbelief, Spike gave him one more sharp kick in his left ribcage. With that, the smaller, apparently tougher blond man turned and sauntered from the disheveled office.

“Get out of Sunnydale,” Spike barked from Angel’s doorway. He never even looked back at the broken man he had left on the floor.


Spike drove like a bat out of hell to reach Buffy’s condo at record speed. He had called his uncle on his cell phone but still, he wouldn’t feel completely at peace until he held Buffy in his arms once again.

Uncle Rupert had tried to convince Spike that Buffy was alright; calmed down and even keeled. The bar-b-que was still going on, if only because Jennifer had kept it that way. His uncle’s wife had wanted to keep things as normal as possible at Buffy’s place.

As Spike drove along, or rather raced along, he thought about the earlier scene with Angel Crawford.

Of course, Spike realized for every Crawford that Harris threw at them, he would produce ten more knights and pawns at his disposal. Somehow, Spike knew that Angel was probably one of Xander’s first string players however and it was what propelled him to act the way he had.

With someone like Angel out of the picture; it sent a clear message to Xander that there was real lethal threat to him. Not that Buffy wasn’t a true threat to any of the bad guys of course. However with Spike as her ally, together, the couple could prove deadly to Sunnydale’s self-proclaimed ‘king of mayhem’ that was Xander Harris.

“Can’t believe the bloody fuck would hurt my girl like that!” Spike muttered as he turned off of Interstate 5 onto the street to Buffy’s place.

“I’ll tear the bastard to pieces myself,” he promised himself when he turned on Revello Drive; Buffy’s street.

“To think that Harris would scare the girl that I am in love…..” Spike halted his thoughts, briefly, to think about what he had just mumbled.

‘The girl that I love,’ he repeated in his head. ‘No, make that the woman I am in love with; Buffy that is,’ he reminded himself with a contented sigh.

Spike did love Buffy and was in love with her; he had been for years now. Ever since his Uncle Rupert had sent that innocent picture of her to his home in England.

When he had told Buffy, days earlier that he loved her, he had meant every word of it. Spike could only hope that one day Buffy would feel for him like he already did for her.

He loved Buffy, completely and totally loved her. Spike would do anything for her, including killing the bloody fucks that tried to hurt her or get in the way of their love.

“I’ll do anything to protect Buffy and her family,” Spike growled, his fists tightened on the wheel of his rented car. “I’ll go to hell and back for her,” he added matter-of-factly.

It scared him, a bit, to know that he’d developed a certain God complex where Buffy was concerned. To know that he, Spike Giles, would do anything for Buffy.

Then again, isn’t that what you did for the woman you loved? This was love for God’s sake and that meant all bets were off. A man in love would do anything to protect his mate and if Spike was sure of anything? It was that Buffy was his; his love; his soul mate.


It really sort of scared Spike, well sort of; the fact that he felt this strongly about Buffy and so quickly. Spike had never felt this kind of love before, not even for Cecily back in the day.

In all of his thirty-some years, even when he was that ponce, William the bloody awful poet; Spike had never felt this much love, or tenderness or protectiveness. Not for anyone, ever.

“I’ll protect my lady until the day I die,” Spike promised himself once again. “I’ll be her #1 with a bullet,” he murmured sincerely as he turned into her driveway.

“Her number 1 with a bullet,” Spike gave a derisive snort. “Bloody hell but I’m fucked,” he let go a rueful chuckle even while he hurried through Buffy’s front door.


Xander watched, with his wary dark eyes, as his fiancé, Anya, sat on their flat’s living room couch. Anya sat upright, her shoulders thrown back, tense like a snake ready to strike.

‘She’s ready to strike alright,’ Xander mused, ‘ready to strike out at me.’

His fiancé had crossed her right leg over her left and was swinging it impatiently. Anya’s arms were crossed together, over her impressive breasts and she had a pout, no more of a frown on her mouth.

“Why?” Anya finally asked, or rather grumbled the question at Xander.

“Why what,” Xander asked casually taking a drink from his scotch glass; his brown-eyed gaze was clueless, he hoped anyway.

He knew exactly what Anya was ‘asking’ about, but he played along anyway. It was better this way; Xander had figured that out quite a while back. Xander’s girl could be controlled with the right methods; one of them being his innocent act. That fooled her every time.

Apparently, however, not this time.

“You know ‘what’ Harris!” Anya screeched as she leapt from her chair and right up close and personal to Xander.

“You invited that bitch, Buffy to my wedding!” Anya screamed the answer for him.

“Now baby,” Xander began carefully, trying to keep his voice down to a somewhat civil level.

“Don’t you baby me you dickhead!” Anya bellowed yet again. She then grabbed the nearest breakable thing to her.

Unfortunately, it was the expensive Japanese vase her own mother, Sylvia, had purchased in a village way outside of Kobe, Japan.

Before Xander could stop his lady love, she had flung the beautiful, defenseless vase against the front door; shattering it into hundreds of pieces.

“Uhm, Ahn,” Xander began tentatively, his dark eyes fixed on the destroyed work of porcelain, “you’re mom got that for us, from…..”

“I know who bought that!” Anya wailed, suddenly aware of the consequences of her outburst.

“Oh shit,” Xander groaned loudly when she began to cry uncontrollably and hurried to gather the shattered vase from the floor.

“For God’s sake honey, you’ll cut your hands. Get up from there, that’s the maid’s job,” Xander muttered, successfully grabbing Anya’s shaking hands and pulling her up to him.

She glared at him anyway, through tear-filled, angry eyes.

“I only invited Buffy, and her mom and sister, I might add,” Xander sighed in frustration as he cuddled her. “To have some of my family there, that’s all,” he lied easily.

“Right,” Anya snorted, “because ‘your’ family means so fucking much to you. That’s why you killed off your parents and…..”

“I remember it being ‘you’ that slipped Mom and Pops the mickey sweetheart,” Xander hissed through clenched teeth. He glared at her with narrowed eyes; his voice was deadly calm and low.

“Only for you,” Anya responded meekly, her voice now back to normal. She did still glare at Xander though, even if her tears exposed her hurt and anger.

“I just want some family there, okay,” Xander grumbled and released his hold on her.

He turned and walked away from her and into their bedroom.

“Xander, this isn’t over,” Anya yelled after him.

“It is for now,” he stated evenly as he came out of the bedroom, coat in hand.

“Where the fuck to you think you’re going?” Anya asked incredulously. “We need to talk and…..”

“If this is some preview to our married life together, Ahn,” he began casually, “then I think we better rethink the whole wedding thing. I’ll be back late.”

Without looking back at her, Xander strode out the front door, slamming it behind him.

He never even heard, or listened for that matter, to the wails of emotional pain that emitted from his apartment. Actually, he had already put the whole thing out of his mind the instant the door slammed behind him.

Xander was good at that.


Faith lounged about the expensive motel room; her choice of course. She wore a sexy robe of soft silk, black in color and very expensive; like the room.


It didn’t surprise Faith that Xander had called her just an hour before this. He made it clear that he wanted her to meet him at this specific motel in an hour and there she was.

Xander’s threat to stop seeing her had lasted all of what? A few days? Faith had to be careful, when Xand got here, not to laugh in his big face.

The heavy knock on the motel door roused Faith from her thoughts and she loosened the tie of the robe. This gave Xander just enough view of her luscious naked flesh to keep his interest. After all, it was Xander’s interest that had kept Faith in this lousy dump of a town for so many years now.

“Hello,” Faith purred when she opened the door to greet a very anxious Xander Harris.

Not one to wait on decorum, Xander pushed through the door and past the dark haired woman.

“Anything to drink?” Xander asked tactlessly.

“Of course,” Faith replied casually as she headed towards the mini-bar to pour him a favorite drink.

As she poured the whisky into a sparkling clean glass, Faith glanced in the bar’s mirror and watched Xander’s reactions.

“Is there trouble in paradise honey?” She cackled as she turned to hand him the glass.

“None of your fucking business,” Xander grumbled between sips of his drink. “I don’t come here for the conversation Faith, don’t make more out of this then it is,” he added with a frown.

“I take it that Anya didn’t approve of the guest list?” Faith inquired with a sarcastic grin.

Xander looked up at Faith, a genuinely stunned expression on his face.

“Frank tells me everything,” Faith answered the silent question with another casual shrug.

“About my brother,” Xander began nervously. “Do you think he knows that you’re here and…..”

Faith broke out in raucous laughter, “Frank’s a wimp,” she snorted. “I can tell him anything and…..”

Xander leapt from his chair and grabbed the cackling woman by her shoulders, none too gently.

“Don’t ever talk about my little brother that way,” he hissed with true venom. His glare had turned black with fury as he glared down into Faith’s wide dark eyes. He shook the shocked woman violently.

For once, maybe for the first time in forever, Faith was truly afraid of Xander Harris.

“I,” she stammered in confusion. “I didn’t mean it,” she finally gasped in her defense.

Xander shoved Faith onto the bed and climbed in after her.

“I thought I told you to be naked when I got here,” he roared loudly, pawing at the plush robe she wore.

“Xander,” Faith gasped again, “please don’t…..”

“Don’t what? Don’t fuck you Faith? Jesus, isn’t that all a whore like you is good for?” Xander rasped.

“No,” she stuttered, “I just meant that, well you know. You obviously wanted to be here, with me,” she offered almost timidly. “I mean you said that…..”

“I meant what I said,” Xander grunted. “After Saturday, I’m a married man and you're nothing to me. This is over, after Saturday,” he repeated as if to remind himself.

‘Right,’ Faith thought to herself smugly. ‘I just bet it’s over after you’re married to that idiot Anya.’

Xander ripped off Faith’s offending panties and thrust his freed cock into her; never bothering to make sure she was ready for him.

“Just as long as ‘you’ know that meant what I said,” Faith whispered between pants. She really tried not to notice that Xander wasn’t even looking at her while he fucked her into the mattress.

“Just as long as you give me Buffy, when you’re finished with her,” she added with a moan.

‘That’ll be a cold day in hell,’ Xander said in his mind. ‘I’ll never hand my Buffy over to a psycho cunt like you.’


Buffy sat on her bed with Jennifer Giles right beside her. Rupert’s wife was doing her best to console her but…..

“Rupert’s gone to make sure everyone is okay,” Jennifer offered cautiously. “He’s…..”

“Where’s Spike?” Buffy asked for the tenth time in an hour.

“He went somewhere?” Jennifer sounded pretty damned uncertain, or so Buffy thought.

“Buffy,” Jenny began, “I think I better explain the makings of the Giles men to you…..”


Spike stormed through Buffy’s condo, searching for her; desperately needing to find her after what had just transpired.

Andrew came flying into the living room, his pale blue eyes filled with curiosity and fear.

“Is Buffy alright Mr. Spike?” Andrew asked anxiously. “She went upstairs with Mr. Giles’ wife and hasn’t been down since. Willow and Oz say…..”

“Buffy will be fine Andrew,” Spike mumbled with a measured amount of certainty. “I just need to see her; talk to her,” he finished.

“Is Buffy alright?” Amanda Calendar asked timidly of the frantic looking blond Brit.

“Like I told Andrew here,” Spike mumbled with a growing amount of impatience. “I’ll talk to Buffy and…..”

“William,” Rupert Giles barked from Buffy’s kitchen. “What in the bloody hell have you done?”

“Made things a bit simpler Uncle Rupes,” Spike replied with his patent smirk. “I’ve handled at least one of Harris’ lackeys.”

“Oh, I see,” Rupert sighed. The older man removed his glasses and wiped them with a clean handkerchief.

“Where’s my Buffy?” Spike asked as he scanned the area about him.

“Upstairs, with Jenny,” Rupert replied quietly.

Spike must have taken the staircase in less then a second by anyone’s calculations.

He stumbled into Buffy’s bedroom and knelt on the floor in front of her, taking her tiny hands in his.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered; her right brow quirked up in question as his disheveled appearance.

“I made sure Angel Crawford won’t be botherin’ you or your family again, Princess,” Spike answered her unasked question.

“Right then,” Buffy murmured in relief, sinking into Spike’s waiting arms.

“It was a message, you know,” Rupert said from the doorway. “Xander has made it clear that he wants you, William, as far away from Buffy as possible.”

“Ain’t gonna’ happen Rupes,” Spike whispered, his loving gaze was locked into Buffy’s. “I’m in this for the long haul and I’ll never leave my Buffy. I love her too much.”

“You don’t want me to go away, do you baby?” Spike asked Buffy hopefully. “You don’t want that psychotic arse, Harris, to win, do you?”

Buffy smiled softly and cupped Spike’s chiseled cheek with her tiny right hand.

“I’d rather die then have that psycho win, baby,” she murmured affectionately.

“Oh dear Lord,” Rupert groaned, again he wiped his glasses and anxiously looked at his wife. Jennifer had stood and joined him by his side, taking his arm in her's.

Spike clasped Buffy about her shoulders and pulled her body to his, embracing her in a vice-like grip.

“I’m here,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear. “I’m with you in this sweetling. We may go down baby, but we’ll go down swinging…..together.”


‘Sugar We’re Goin’ Down Swingin’ (by Fall Out Boy)


“We’re goin’ down down in an earlier round
And sugar we’re goin’ down swingin’
I’ll be you’re number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex;
Cock it and pull it”


A/N: Hmmm, seems that the bad guys are betraying each other left and right, eh?

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 13: 'PAX' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I have not been a good authoress, I know. Here's the next chapter of this one and I hope you all enjoy.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike and Buffy have a mutual PAX (if there is some confusion about the title, I’ll explain it in an A/N at the end of this chapter).

Xander visits Nina (Angel’s ex-secretary) and tries to find out where her boss has gone. (This will not be pretty).

Anya gets an RSVP from Buffy…..oh oh.


A/N: Thank you for all reviews and to all of you who are reading this story. I promise with all my heart to respond to any reviews I get for this fic from now on. I’ve been very naughty where the fics and my responses are concerned and I do apologize.

Yes, and thank you again for my nominations at Loves Last Glimpse.


Chapter 13: ‘PAX’


Buffy Summers was dreaming, or so it seemed. As it would turn out; this just might be a nightmare, not a sweet dream of any kind.

A little girl of not quite nine years was running about Sunnydale Park. The dream child had dark hair; dark as night really. She was exquisite in every sense of the word; from her dark curly hair, her pale, porcelain skin and her green eyes right down to the perfect pink confection of a lace dress she wore.

“Mama!” The little girl cried gleefully as she stretched out her slim arms to Buffy. “Come swing me, on the swings now!” She pouted and pointed to the park’s set of swings.

“Now, Mama!” The dream child commanded puckishly. “You need to swing me now,” she screamed in an even more demanding squeal. “You need to swing me now and more, more,” the girl screeched before turning and darting to the swing set.

“No, baby no,” dream Buffy cried before she ran after her petulant little girl. For the entire dreamlike atmosphere about her and the innocence of the park like setting; Buffy knew that nothing but peril and heartbreak waited for her and her child.

“You’re a bad mommy,” the girl hissed as she sat on the swing and pumped her legs. “You’re a bad, bad mommy and you don’t deserve me! You don’t love me. You never did and so you…..”

Dream child pumped her legs more and more while she spewed the awfulness things at Buffy, or at least dream Buffy. As she pumped, the child flew higher and higher into the sky on the little swing.

“Look at me Mommy!” The little squealed in delight, going ever higher in the swing.

“I’m on top of the world Mommy! And it’s mine, all mine!”

“No!” Buffy screamed desperately clutching for the out of reach swing that held her daughter. “No!”

Buffy awoke from her nightmare and bolted straight up; her heart was beating so fast that she thought her chest might burst from it.

She gasped for breath and desperately clutched out at anything to grab onto. That’s when Buffy felt Spike wrap his arms about her and pull her close to his naked body.

Now, in the old days, Buffy would have bolted from the bed after a nightmare and lit a joint; just to calm her nerves, don’t you know?

However, considering Spike was here with her; holding her close and Jesus! Was he actually cooing in her ear?

Yes, now that Spike was here with her; oh, and the fact that he had scoured every nook and cranny of her condo and discarded her stash of weed. Well, anyway, Spike was here and who the hell needed herbal comfort when one could have warm male comfort?

Buffy was clueless at times but she certainly wasn’t stupid.


After snuggling into Spike’s strong embrace, Buffy found the strength to calm her breathing; just a bit.

“What is it then sweetling? A bad dream?” Spike murmured huskily as he held Buffy close to him.


“Yeah, you could say that,” Buffy replied; still in a sleepy daze.


“Want to tell me about it?” Spike asked almost shyly.

“Well, yeah, I guess,” she answered meekly before burying her head into his bare, oh so masculine chest.

‘Damn this man even smells great,’ Buffy thought to herself, dreamily. She steeled her nerve and began to retell her dream; or nightmare that is.

“Spike…..William,” Buffy began cautiously, unable to look him in the face. She still feared the harsh judgment she might find in is incredible blue eyes.

“It was about my child; Xander’s and mine,” Buffy stammered anxiously, her body still shaking from the remnants of her nightmare. “This time it was a little girl; a daughter.”

Spike’s body tensed, just a bit before he sighed and finally said. "Please tell me about it.”

So, Buffy told him, everything she could remember of her bizarre dream; or her nightmare that is. It depended on how one looked at it.

After she had finished her story, Buffy scanned Spike’s handsome face, nervously looking for any sign of disgust or contempt or whatever.

Finally, Spike, who had been clutching Buffy to his body throughout her retelling, began to tenderly stroke her golden hair.

“I don’t put much stock in dreams; or nightmares, Princess,” he stated matter-of-factly. “I think these blokes and such that say dreams are some kind of premonitions or omens of the future? I think they’re a bit bloody bent, you know?”

Spike gave Buffy his most disarming smile and ran his hand gently down her right cheek. His eyes never left hers and he cuddled her even closer to him.

“Truth is, baby,” he continued in a soothing voice. “I think that dreams are just your anxieties or fears coming out in your sleep; nightmares or whatnot. You feel sad or scared, can’t always cope during the awake hours. So,” he sighed heavily and fell back onto the bed, bringing Buffy with him. “So you live out those fears and such in your dreams and nightmares. I ‘spose it’s the way to keep us all from going nutters. We’ve all got those past fears, sweet. All of us. Some just more then others, yeah?”

“Uhm, yeah, I guess,” Buffy murmured softly.

He had pulled her even closer to him, if that was possible. Now, Buffy felt it was time to really tell Spike what was on her mind.

“Spike,” she began carefully.

“Hmm,” Spike mumbled sleepily, his face nuzzled into her soft, sleek neck.

“Look at me please while I say this, kay?” Buffy asked timidly, her green eyes were wide, almost pleading Spike thought.

“Go ahead, sweetling,” Spike murmured as he tenderly curled a lock of her golden hair around his fingers.

“I just wanted to say…I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you’re here, now, with me. A part of my life and all, Will. A very stabilizing part and….” Buffy whispered the words, nervously biting her lower lip a bit, but still smiling slightly all the same.

Spike felt his heart skip a beat and his throat nearly closed up before he could reply to Buffy’s heartfelt proclamation.

He knew how hard it was for Buffy to open up to anyone at all, even her family. What Spike had not already figured out about Buffy, his uncle, Rupert, had filled him in on as much as he could.

“You mean that Buffy?” Spike asked in an unfamiliar, almost timid voice. Here was a man who usually was so self-assured, that anything but cool confidence was completely foreign to him.

“Yeah, I do,” Buffy smiled softly again, then began to giggle slightly and chastely kissed her lover’s handsome mouth.

“I mean,” she continued in a little girl voice, “if you can put up with me and my baggage…then I can certainly enjoy having you around. Does that make sense at all,” she scrunched up her face and pouted a bit.

“It makes perfect sense,” Spike replied with a hearty laugh; thrilled that Buffy was allowing him to get closer and closer to her, emotionally, every day.

“So we have a PAX then,” Spike laughed gleefully. “You and me? We agree to a pact of sorts that I have your back and you have mine.”

“We do,” Buffy gushed happily as she reached out her tiny hand to him. “Shake on it?” She giggled saucily.

Spike grasped Buffy’s hand in his larger one and gave her a most charming smile.

“PAX,” he stated evenly, his loving gaze was locked with hers.

“PAX,” Buffy repeated, her green eyes never breaking from his blue ones.

They shook hands as if they were new business partners. Then Buffy leaned forward and placed her moist lips on his mouth, favoring him with yet another sweet kiss.

“That should seal it, huh?” She sighed wistfully.

“That and this should,” Spike responded huskily, clasping her even tighter then before and crashing his lips to hers.

“I’m in this for the long haul Buffy Summers,” Spike mumbled between passionate kisses. “So it’s a good thing you’re happy about it!” He finished with a growl like chuckled before he rolled onto his back, pulling her on top of him.

“This should definitely seal the deal, huh?” Buffy exclaimed in delight when Spike thrust himself up into her.

“It’ll go a long way,” he rasped in pleasure. His mouth was twisted up in the nicest, if naughtiest grin.


Xander Harris sauntered into the empty offices of Angel Crawford, Inc. He was good at that, Xander was, sauntering that is; or was it more of a swagger?

Well, anyway, Angel’s vacated offices were nearly empty. Nina Simpson, Angel’s trustworthy secretary was still very present in the front office.

It was Nina that Xander had stopped by to chat with; along with his bodyguards, Mitch and Jesse.

As usual, Mitch walked in front of Xander while Jesse followed up behind. Xander liked it this way; he kept his best friend behind him, to watch his back. In the meantime, Xander kept his so-called friend in front of him; to keep an eye on him.

Nina looked up, forlornly, from the account (?) books she seemed to be going over. Her look of sorrow quickly turned to a look of fear when she saw just who entered her ex-boss’ offices.

“Xander?” Nina squeaked anxiously as she stood up from the expensive desk.

“Nina,” Xander grunted coolly before he sat his expansive rump down on that very expensive desk.

“What, what do you want?” Nina asked suspiciously of Xander, even while she eyed Mitch and Jesse. She was familiar with all three of these men; for different reasons of course.

“Where’s Angel?” Xander asked evenly as he scanned the room about them.

“Gone,” Nina whispered sadly, her dark head hung low and tiny tears slipped down her cheeks.

“Gone where precious?” Xander inquired in a low dangerous tone.

“I don’t Xander, I swear. He left days ago, after that bleached blond Brit came in here and…..” Nina was cut off by a suddenly angry Xander.

“Spike Giles! He was here!” Xander growled, barely able to keep his anger in check. His dark eyes glowed with fury and his fists were doubled up in anger on Nina’s desk.

“Yeah,” Nina mumbled nervously. “He came in here a few days ago; forced his way in actually. Said he was going to see Angel no matter what. I tried to stop him but…..”

“But he came in here and what? Had a chat with Angel who disappeared soon after?” Xander spat through gritted teeth.

“I don’t think it was much of a chat Xander,” Nina tried to explain. “I found Angel on the floor of his inner office; the shit beat out of him. It was right after that that he gave me severance pay and went packing; taking his wife with him,” she finished bitterly.

“So, you don’t know where Angel and Darla went, huh?” Xander asked, suddenly quite calm again. His dark eyes were closed and cold once again while he stared down the terrified female.

“No, I don’t,” Nina grunted, nervously picking at a thread on her expensive dress suit. “He left without really saying goodbye,” she added. “Why should he tell me where he went,” she continued with a snort. “All’s Angel ever cared about was Darla and himself and…..”

“Didn’t leave a forwarding address then?” Xander repeated coolly.

Nina noticed that the big man stood back up and slowly made his way around the desk; right towards her.

“No, he didn’t,” she stammered anxiously as a sudden, sick feeling made itself known in the pit of her stomach.

“You sure about that?” Xander asked in a silky voice, his big meaty hand reached out and took Nina by her left shoulder.

“Yeah, I swear it, Xander,” Nina replied shakily. As hard as she tried, the young woman could not keep the fear out of her tone.

“You know, precious,” Xander continued smoothly, his hand tightened on Nina’s shoulder. “I got you this job with Angel so you could keep and eye on him for me. You didn’t go and do something stupid, like fall for the big prick, did you?”

Nina pulled back from Xander, her dark eyes wild with fear.

“No!” The frightened girl shrieked in denial; her body began to shake even more.

“I, I would never have fallen for Angel, Xander,” she protested again and again. “You know where my affections lie and with whom. Besides, Angel is crazy for his wife, Darla. He’d never…..”

“Oh, that’s right,” Xander interjected, his mouth twisted in a cruel smirk.

“You’re in love with that chic, right? McClay is her name,” he chuckled evilly. “Tara isn’t it? The tall good-looking blond with the big tits, right?”

Xander turned and winked at Mitch and Jesse, “you remember Tara McClay boys, right? The hot blond with the big tits?”

“I do,” Mitch chuckled, “she is hot and I’d say she’s got the nicest rack in Sunnyvale.”

Everyone in the room but Nina laughed at Mitch’s crude observations.

“You know, Nina,” Xander began in a low, harsh voice. “It would be a pity if something tragic happened to your girlfriend there. I mean I’d hate to have to make an example of you by using Tara…..”

“I don’t know where Angel and Darla went,” Nina repeated defiantly as she stood straight up and pulled out of Xander’s grasp.

“Tara knows nothing about this arrangement of mine with you and as far as that goes; if you…..” She was cut off once again by Xander’s gruff voice.

“Don’t even try and threaten me, or stand up to me, you fucked up bitch!” Xander growled at the girl who once again found herself in his clutches.

“If I find out that you ‘do’ know where Angel scampered off to, to hide from Giles and me? I’ll make sure both you and your bed buddy end up with Mitch over there. Trust me, you two broads to not want to play with Mitch, comprende?” Xander finished with a hiss and his black eyes bore into Nina’s wide amber ones.

“Oh, and if I find Angel and that bitch of a wife of his,” Xander added, his voice was back to silky smoothness once again. “I’m going to cut off Crawford’s balls and hand them to his wife. Then I’m giving Jesse the lovely Mrs. Crawford for a play date.”

“I, I understand,” Nina gasped, barely audibly; her body was visibly trembling. This seemed to amuse Xander, Jesse and Mitch immensely and they began to laugh once again.

Xander pushed Nina away from him and strode out of Angel’s old office. He was followed by Jesse, with Mitch right behind.

“Hope to see you around, babe,” Mitch called back, jauntily, to the crying girl.

Mitch’s innuendo was not missed by Nina and she collapsed onto her chair, weeping uncontrollably.

For the first time in her life, Nina was well aware that she had gotten herself into some deep, deep dog shit.


Xander Harris was a patient man. Okay, he wasn’t but liked to pretend he was.

Right now, he was entering the Sunnydale apartment he shared with Anya, his fiancée.

After he took a long deep, cleansing breath, Xander stepped through the front door of the leased apartment.

He was not surprised to find his beloved Anya, sitting on the sofa, her head buried in a fashion magazine. If Xander thought his sweet (!) Anya was over her earlier snit; he was in for a big surprise, kind of anyway.

“Still pissed about my wedding guest list sweetheart?” Xander asked with a weary sigh as he tossed his keys onto a random end table.

‘Still fucking that skank, Faith?’ Anya asked, silently in her own head, of course.

“Well, yeah asshole,” Anya snipped back casually, her eyes still riveted to the typed words of Vogue.

“The point is really moot anyway,” she added slyly. “Your darling cousin, Buffy, just RSVP’d, not more then two hours ago. Apparently she’s unable to come,” Anya quipped smugly.

“I see,” Xander responded evenly, even though he clenched the tumbler he held in his hand with a vice-like grip.

“I really didn’t expect the bitch to say yes, did you sweetie?” Anya inquired sweetly, finally looking up at her intended lovingly.

“No, I really didn’t,” Xander replied through clenched teeth. He resisted the urge to hurl the tumbler at Anya, or at least a nearby wall.

“Oh, by the way,” Anya continued in her best sugar voice. “Mama’s here, in the guest room. We got in about three hours ago.”

Anya couldn’t help but add just a touch of mock sweetness in her tone. Right now she really hated the fact that her fiancé was holding his usual volatile temper in check. She was well aware of how fucking pissed off Xander was about Buffy, at least, not attending their wedding.

“Oh,” Xander grunted warily as he poured himself another stiff one. “Now my evening is really complete.”


“I cannot believe the nerve of that asshole!” Dawn, Buffy’s younger sister was jabbering on and on in their phone convo.

“To think that Xander Harris would even consider any of ‘us’ going to his tacky wedding to that psycho bitch, Anya!” Dawn finished with a snort.

“Yeah, I know,” Buffy interjected meekly. “But…..”

“Uhm, Buff,” Dawn suddenly blurted out. “Is that a man’s voice I hear in the background at your place?”



A/N: I wanted to explain my use of ‘PAX’ in this chapter:

PAX is Olde English (rooted in Latin) for Peace. It is used as a kind of verbal agreement at times between (mostly disagreeing) factions. Kind of a symbol to agree and watch each others’ backs. It is also somewhat religious at times and used in ceremonies.

Anyway, I heard this used in an old movie (of which I am very fond) between a man and woman in love. They didn’t always see eye-to-eye, but they loved each other and decided to make a truce.

It stuck with me and I felt that Spike and Buffy might use it between them.

Please read and review, thanks…spufette.

















,
Chapter 14: 'A Puzzle' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I hope you read this and enjoy. Thank you everyone here for making me proud of this story.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Buffy ponders the puzzle that is life.

Xander makes ‘un-nice’ with Faith while Anya gives her mother her two-cents.

Buffy tries to ‘explain’ a certain blond British cop to her family and Spike gets an interesting phone call from home.


A/N: I need to explain the time line of this chapter. While the random events in the plot line are occurring on the same day; they are not necessarily happening at the same time of day.

I hope that makes sense!




Chapter 14: ‘A Puzzle!’


Buffy had come to an eye-opening realization in the last few days: life is a puzzle.

Hmmphhh, it certainly had taken her long enough to muddle that one out.

Yet, she had. Finally.

What Buffy found so confusing was the fact that someone truly evil; like Xander Harris, could live and thrive in the world. Day after day, since Buffy had saved his sorry ass when they were children, Xander had survived and flourished.

On the other hand, a good man like Robin Wood was taken out in the blink of an eye. A man who had a loving wife and great kids; a man who meant something good to so many people.

Why?

That’s what Buffy wanted to know before she herself bit the dust.

Buffy was not a particularly religious person, never had been. Mama had insisted on Sunday school, of course, and then she had become involved in Church camp during the summer. At Catalina Island no less!

However…..when it came down to the basic belief in God, Buffy was sadly lacking. No, that wasn’t right at all…she was just unsure really.

Then again, Buffy was fully aware that evil did exist in the world; therefore, didn’t good ‘have’ to also exist. It was the basic ying/yang of the life force itself and just had to be.

Xander Harris had raped Buffy when she was completely naïve to the world; a mere teenager. The consequences had been brutal for Buffy; an abortion of the unwanted child.

Buffy had to wonder if Xander ever felt any remorse about their unborn child. He knew about it; she had thrown it in his face, once, and she certainly felt remorse about ‘that’ whole fiasco.

‘Does he ever wonder about the baby?’ Buffy asked herself time and again; torturing herself day in and out over it. Then again, she had to stop and ask herself why she would care what Xander Harris wondered about.

So, it came back to this: If there was evil; then there was good to counter act it, right? There just had to be a balance in their whole pathetic existence out in the end?

With all of the evil in Buffy’s past; self-inflicted or otherwise, then there just had to be some kind of goodness somewhere…just around the corner perhaps.

Maybe even right here in her front living room; standing not ten feet away from her at this very moment…..

Maybe Buffy could indulge in some hope of happiness for her future. If not total happiness…how about some kind of hope for contentment?

Nope, life wasn’t just a puzzle at all; it was a fucking Rubik’s Cube!


“Who is that???” Dawn squealed in curious delight once again. “Who does that voice belong to?”

Buffy wondered if her younger sister was going to wet her pants in excitement.

“Uhm, what voice?” Buffy asked, her question the ultimate in innocence.

“Oh, the deep, British accented voice that seems to be in your front room!” Dawn offered with a youthful giggle.

Buffy’s younger sister’s giggle proved to be infectious; oddly enough.

“Well,” Buffy began with a lusty laugh, “it’s a guy. I mean a man; I mean this guy who’s a man and…..”

“He look like a man?” Dawn laughed loudly parading Miss Swan from MADD TV.

“Oh yeah, he definitely look like a man,” Buffy replied coyly.

“So, who is this man?” Dawn asked quietly.

“Well….” Buffy began carefully. This was going to be an extra long conversation.


{Meanwhile at Xander’s apartment}

“I don’t think you should go through with this,” Sylvia Jenkins advised her only child, Anya.

“Go through with what?” Anya asked naively.

“This charade of a marriage,” Sylvia replied matter-of-factly. “Xander isn’t nearly good enough for you and…..”

“Oh, so you’re an expert on marriage now, huh Mama?” Anya asked impatiently of her mother.

“Well, no, but….” Sylvia began, “but I am your mother and I love you,” the older woman stammered defensively.

“I know you do Mama,” Anya mumbled, her gaze on back on the full length mirror before them.

“However, you were never really around much; you know that,” Anya continued evenly, not a drip of bitterness in her tone. “I think I can make my own decisions for my life and I want to marry Xander Harris tomorrow!”

“I know I haven’t been the most stellar of mothers, honey but…..” Sylvia murmured; her own voice was tinged with regret.

“Then butt out,” Anya suggested evenly as she tried on her wedding dress. “Zip me up, would you?” She asked her mother casually turning to look in the full length mirror before them.

Sylvia gazed at the younger version of herself and sighed wearily. She gave Anya a sad little smile and did as she was asked.


{At the Sunnydale Regency Hotel}

“You’re really going to go through with this?” Faith asked Xander flippantly as she pulled on her leather dress.

“Yup,” Xander replied casually. “Like I said, once I’m married…..”

‘Oh, we will see about that,’ Faith mused to herself.

She was quite sure that she could keep Xander coming around, even after this so called marriage of his. Faith was very confident in her bedroom skills and had no doubt she could string along both Xander and Frank.

After all, it was very necessary to her own plans to keep the brothers panting after her like dogs. Xander cared for her; Faith knew that deep down. No man forgot his first piece of ass, ever.

“Is Buffy coming to the wedding?” Faith asked loudly, her tone was anything but kind.

She never saw Xander’s beefy fist coming towards her face.

“That was really fucking classy,” Faith grumbled as she held the ice pack to her face.

“Don’t you think Frank and Anya are going to wonder why my right side of my face is swollen up?” Faith asked bitterly.

“Who cares,” Xander grunted as he pulled on his shoes. “You’re not really the main player here Faith; I thought you’d figured that out by now.”

“Whatever,” Faith snorted in reply. “But…” she began hesitantly.

“By-the-way,” Xander interjected casually, “I’m giving you notice, right here and now. From now on, you’re going to stop fucking around on my brother. I mean it, Faith,” he added menacingly.

“I can handle Frank,” Faith snorted again, tossing the ice pack into the kitchenette sink. “He follows me around like a fucking Doberman,” she laughed harshly.

“I don’t care how Frank feels about ‘you’ Faith,” Xander hissed; he strode over to the woman in a threatening manner.

Xander reached out and took Faith by her throat, pushing her up against the nearest wall.

“You might be able to ‘handle’ my brother,” he continued in a harsh voice. "But you can’t control or handle me. You will stop fucking around on Frank. That means with me; any other guy or that chick you’re so fond of; got it?”

“Got it,” Faith gurgled, barely able to choke out her answer since she could barely breathe.

With that, Xander dropped Faith like a sack of dirty laundry and strode out of the spacious hotel room. He slammed the door behind him as he left.

“Prick!” Faith grumbled after him, then retrieved the still useful ice pack from the sink.

Xander and Anya’s wedding was tomorrow (for better or for worse) and Faith was going to look like a million bucks for it. Even if the ‘dickhead’ was marrying the wrong chick.





{Back at Casa de Summers}


Buffy was now speaking to her mother, in LA, on the phone. It had been a while, certainly.

“I am so relieved that you turned down the invitation,” Joyce Summers assured her oldest daughter Buffy. “I was afraid that…..”

“Never,” Buffy whispered harshly. “I wouldn’t go to that debacle if my own life depended on it,” she finished with a sigh.

‘And it just might,’ Buffy added to herself.


“Who’s Spike?” Joyce asked her daughter coyly, her intent evident. Even if she spoke with her daughter somewhat long distance over a cordless phone line.

Buffy hung up the phone and looked over at Spike, shyly. She was a bit more then humiliated by the past two conversations she had had with her family members.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, nervously picking at a loose thread of her robe.

“For what?” Spike asked innocently, although he knew exactly what his girl was embarrassed about.

“My family,” she offered meekly. “They can be kind of protective and nosy and….”

“I wouldn’t expect your folks to be any other way,” Spike murmured as he closed the gap between Buffy and himself.

“Besides,” he continued with a chuckle, “my folks are probably just as bloody nosy as yours. In fact, they’re probably the record holders of interfering in their kid’s life.”

Buffy giggled and snuggled into Spike’s warm embrace, instantly relaxed by his kind humor.

As if on cue, Spike’s cell phone began to ring shrilly. He had left it on the end table next to Buffy’s couch.

“I better get this,” Spike grumbled impatiently as he grabbed the phone and clicked it open.

Buffy flopped down on the couch next to him, her green eyes wide in curiosity. Spike had basically ease dropped on her convo with mom, so turn-about was fair play, right?

Spike rolled his eyes and shrugged casually when he spotted the caller ID. It was his mum, or his dad, calling from England; confirming what he’d admitted to Buffy just seconds before.

“Yeah, hey Mum,” Spike greeted quietly.

Buffy smiled widely when she noted the affectionate tone her lover took with his long distance mother.

“I’m fine, Mum,” Spike mumbled almost shyly; he rolled his blue eyes at Buffy dramatically.

This caused Buffy to giggle, unintentionally and she clamped her hand over her mouth to stifle the sound.

“I miss you too, Mum,” Spike replied evenly, although he was as red as a beet from embarrassment.

“How’s Da?” Spike suddenly asked, changing the subject quickly.

“That’s fine then,” Buffy heard him respond, enjoying the pleasant smile on his handsome mouth.

“Oh, he does eh? How is old Brutus then? Not being a royal pain in the arse I hope” Spike asked with a grin.

‘Who is Brutus?’ Buffy mouthed to him, her brows raised in puzzlement.

“My dog,” Spike whispered to Buffy, then…..

“Yes Mum, I’m with someone here. Uhm, yes, it’s uhm, well you know Miss Summers and…..” Spike’s words trailed off and he turned an even brighter red then before.

“I, well, yes Buffy is lovely and I know you’ve seen her picture and all. Thanks Mum and yes, she is a special woman….”

Spike finished his conversation with his mother and clicked the cell phone closed sharply.

“I told you,” he sighed heavily before wrapping his arm about Buffy and pulling her to him.

“She sounds wonderful,” Buffy offered quietly, “your mother I mean,” she finished softly.

“What kind of dog is Brutus?” Buffy asked suddenly, quite interested in this ‘pet’ of Spike’s.

“An Akita,” Spike grinned. “He's my best friend really. I’ve had him for nearly five years now. I do miss him; he’s such a loyal bloke and all. He’s a pinto; white with black and brown spots and a black mask face.”

Buffy watched Spike intently, truly enjoying how animated he became when discussing Brutus.

“Bring him out here to Sunnydale,” Buffy interrupted him. “Have your folks ship him here,” she suggested simply.

“What?” Spike asked, stunned at her suggestion. “Where would I keep him? My hotel won’t allow it and…..”

“I’ll keep him here,” Buffy shrugged matter-of-factly. “I imagine he’s huge and I do have a huge back yard area. Have your folks ship Brutus out here and we’ll pick him up for the airport.”

Buffy seemed so excited at the prospect that Spike soon joined in on her enthusiasm. It would be great to have Brutus here, with him; well with Buffy; well Buffy and he as it were.

It dawned on Spike that with Brutus here at Buffy’s; he’d have an even better excuse to be around all of the time. Brutus could kind of bind Buffy and himself even more; make them more of a couple. He could only hope that Buffy would see it that way also.

Before she could change her mind, Spike opened his cell phone and rang his mother back. If things worked out, Brutus would be in Sunnydale in just a couple of days.


{Sunnydale Country Club}


Anya nervously eyed her mother, who was on her fourth glass of champagne, at least that.

‘If she ruins this day for me,’ Anya thought angrily to herself, even as she smiled up at her new groom.

“Mom’s had enough, don’t you think hon?” Xander asked his bride sarcastically. “We don’t want her throwing up in the buffet or dancing naked on the tables, now do we?”

Xander’s wicked chuckle clued Anya in on the fact that he could have cared less what a fool his mother-in-law made of herself. It wasn’t like Xander hadn’t tipped a number of glasses himself since their wedding ceremony just an hour before.

In fact, the entire wedding party; including guests were just getting into the swing of things at the reception. Anya noticed that Frank and Faith were really drinking up the booze and this should have been warning enough for the bride.

“Mama would never dance naked on the tables,” Anya grumbled, her face hot with embarrassment, or anger or something anyway.

“Hey, Xand,” Mitch sidled up to his boss casually enough. “We need to talk about ‘you know who’ right now. Sorry Ahn,” the lackey added with a wink at the new bride.

“Oh Xander, can’t this wait? At least today?” Anya whined. “It’s our wedding day for fuck’s sake and…..”

“Business always comes first Anya,” Xander spat through gritted teeth. “Let’s go into the office area,” he nodded at Mitch.

“By the way Anya,” Mitch began almost apologetically, “you look beautiful.”

“Asshole,” Anya hissed under her breath as she watched her groom walk off with his henchman. She turned to catch a glimpse of her mother, instead, she caught sight of Faith; obviously flirting shamelessly with Jesse.

Frank Harris appeared to be no where around and Anya felt a tug at her usually self-absorbed heart. It hurt her to see Xander’s brother made a fool of, especially in front of their small party of guests.

“Lookin’ good Jesse,” Faith purred silkily, her words slightly slurred from booze. She ran her hand down his shirt covered chest and grinned up at him longingly.

“You too Faith,” Jesse replied a little too coolly. He made his feelings quite clear when he pulled away from Faith.

The woman who was being so obvious with him might be hot, but Jesse himself was no fool. Besides, he liked Frank and admired Xander; he had no intention of doing anything stupid as taking up Faith’s obvious offer.

“After this to-do, why don’t you and me…..” Faith began, but Jesse cut her off instantly.

Apparently she had missed the man’s polite brush off, so Jesse figured he might as well make his feelings plain.

“Forget about it Faith,” he mumbled harshly. “I’ve got plans, with a hot date, after this; and the woman is definitely not you.”

“You flatter yourself,” Faith snapped in irritation. “I just said you looked good, not that…..”

“Well, thanks and all, and I’m sorry if I misunderstood,” Jesse retorted casually. “My bad.”

With that, the dark-haired man turned and strode away from the fuming woman.


“You look beautiful sis,” Frank murmured sincerely to his brother’s bride.

He had stepped up behind the distracted Anya and tenderly tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

“Thanks,” Anya mumbled in reply, her gaze still focused on Faith. Jesse had obviously given Frank’s woman the brush off and this pleased Anya for some reason.

“Frank,” Anya stammered in a soft, wispy voice, “it’s a puzzle to me why you don’t just dump that bitch.”

Anya’s face was scrunched up in thought, marring the perfect make-up job the cosmetician had done for her important day.

Frank glanced over at his lone girlfriend and then back at Anya; a pained look in his dark eyes.

‘Xander’s eyes,’ Anya thought to herself briefly as if this was the first time she’d noticed it.

“I love Faith and I’ll never walk away from her,” Frank explained simply, his gaze once again focused on his girl.

Anya gazed at her brother-in-law with pity. Poor Frank was as fucked up as she herself was and there was no way out for either of them.


Buffy walked softly into her kitchen, only to find Spike at the sink, apparently washing the dinner dishes.

A slight smile graced her lips at the sight of this most manly of men doing washing up after their supper. She had cooked some pasta for them and Spike had insisted on the clean up duty.

Spike ‘felt’ Buffy behind him and grinned widely when she wrapped her slim arms about him from behind.

“Dinner was great,” Spike stated sincerely as he rinsed a plate and stuck it in the dish washer.

“Hmmm,” Buffy murmured; Spike noted that she seemed distracted.

“Well, I guess Anya finally has what she wants,” Buffy sighed and laid her head on Spike’s back.

“I just hope she knows what she’s really getting into,” the blond woman whispered.

“Well, Uncle Rupert filled me in on both Xander and his byrd, Buffy,” Spike set down the dish sponge and turned to take her in his arms.

“Seems to be that those two are a perfect match for each other,” he added with a shrug. “I wouldn’t be too concerned for either of them,” he finished quickly.

“I know,” Buffy snorted and led her guy over to the kitchen table where two glasses of wine awaited them.

“I’m more concerned about any children they might have together,” she sighed and sat on a chair.

“You can’t control people from havin’ kids, baby,” Spike advised her. He sipped some wine and intently searched Buffy’s expressive green eyes.

‘She’s thinkin’ about her own baby that she…’ he realized; this caused him a flash of brief anger.

“True,” Buffy responded with a sardonic laugh and a shake of her blond head. “On all counts,” she added with a shrug of her own shoulders.

“It’s just that I wonder what kind of a life a poor kid of Xander and Anya could possibly have, you know what I mean?”

Buffy looked up at Spike, her eyes were wide with sympathy for offspring of the Harris’.

“Hey, Brutus arrives tomorrow,” Spike exclaimed suddenly. His attempt at changing the unpleasant subject appeared to be successful.

“Yeah!” Buffy yelped excitedly. “I can’t wait until I meet your mutt!”

“He’s not a mutt,” Spike grumbled good-naturedly. “He’s a pure bred Akita with a long line of champion sires and…..”

“Okay, I get it. Brutus is ‘top dog’ and all.”

Spike rolled his eyes at Buffy’s attempted at a pun and she giggled; happily sipping her delicious wine.


A/N: Ended this one on a sappy note because most of it seemed a bit sad to me.

I hope you read and review, thanks, spufette.
Chapter 15: 'Special Delivery' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Hope you like this one. It is kind of a bridge chapter and there are anvils in it for future plot line.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: Spike and Buffy greet Brutus at the airport…will the pup like Buffy???

Xander and Anya go on their honeymoon, with complications of course.


A/N: I’m updating this one; then maybe High School Drama before I begin my next new WIP. I am putting Redemption on permanent hiatus because I don’t see much interest in it anymore. I can understand that since I haven’t put my whole heart into it for a long time now.


Chapter 15: ‘Special Delivery’


Buffy was fairly quiet, all the way to the Sunnydale Airport and Spike was ‘concerned’ to say the least. He was never ‘concerned’ normally, but this was Buffy…..and Brutus.

“So, do you think Brutus will like me?” Buffy asked innocently enough. She was staring out the window of Spike’s rented car, almost in a daze.

“Well, yeah,” Spike stammered nervously. “Brutus will love you, sweet; he’d better, or I’ll…..”

“Will,” Buffy hissed as she shot him one of her patent impatient glares. He had become somewhat used to these and had learned how to deflect them.

“I’m just saying that my mutt better be on his best behavior Princess,” he offered gallantly. “Brutus better be a perfect gentleman or…..”

“Hmmmm,” Buffy hummed anxiously.

‘This is ridiculous,’ Buffy thought to herself, somewhat disgusted with her whole unsure demeanor.

This was a dog for God’s sake. A dog! So what if the pooch didn’t like her; who cared???

Well, she did, actually; for some reason that is. In fact, Buffy cared a whole hell of a lot if Spike’s pup liked her or not.

“So, tell me, again, about Akitas, huh?” Buffy asked quietly, her gaze once again focused on the passing scene of the highway.

“Well, they’re great watch dogs; and companions,” Spike offered casually. He had his blue eyes focused on the highway, which was a good thing, actually.

“They’re bred, originally in Japan as fighting dogs, but they’re incredible watch dogs too. The first two were brought to the States by Helen Keller.”

“The Helen Keller,” Buffy asked in disbelief. “As in the Miracle Worker?” Her mouth flopped open like a fish and this caused Spike to snort, briefly in response.

“Yeah ‘that’ Helen Keller,” he replied proudly. “Seems the Japanese people revered her; called her Saint Keller as a matter-of-fact. A Japanese business man, back in ‘37’ thought one of his litters would fit Ms. Keller’s needs, so he made a gift of the little bloke. Poor thing died early on and Ms. Keller was said to be heart-broken. The Japanese man sent her another pup, right away, all the way to New York, I think.”

“Akitas are especially respected in Japan,” he continued easily falling into the back story of his pet’s magnificent line.

“There was an Akita ‘Hachi-Ko’ was his name. He was so bloody loyal to his owner; the bloke worked in a big city in Japan. The owner had to take the train everyday to the city and Hachi-Ko would go to the station to greet him home at night. Came time when the owner passed away and the dog still went to the bloody train station and waited patiently at the right time for him. I guess Hachi wouldn’t give up hope that his owner would return some day. The citizens of the bloke’s village were so impressed that they erected a bronze statue of Hachi-Ko at the train station.

“Wow,” is all Buffy could whisper in reply. She was quite impressed herself and wondered again if Brutus would take to her?

The couple pulled up to the fair-sized Sunnydale Airport and Spike parked the car. They headed, in mutual silence to the terminal to meet Brutus the Akita.

Buffy was suddenly terrified. What if Brutus didn’t like her?





{At the Five-Star Hotel ‘The Four Seasons'; in the City by the Bay}



“I wanted to go to Maui,” Anya whined as she sashayed over to the expansive balcony door and stared out of it, glumly.

“This suits me better,” Xander grunted in reply, his nose in Frisco newspaper.

“Some honeymoon,” Anya grumbled bitterly throwing open the balcony door of their suite. “Why couldn’t we go to Maui? I wanted to go to Maui,” she repeated in a childish whimper.

“I need to stay in the US; in this area,” Xander explained with a sigh, sipping his whisky he got from the huge in-room bar of their suite.

“Right,” Anya hissed with a roll of her brown eyes. “I’ll remind you that Hawaii is in the US,” she mumbled, eyeing her husband’s open bottle of booze.

“Yeah, I know Ahn,” Xander replied in his tone of exaggerated patience, “but I need to be in this part of the US. Angel Crawford and that bitch of a wife of his were spotted up near Eureka and…..”

“Christ,” Anya muttered huffily, “business again! Even on our so-called honeymoon.

“You knew the job was dangerous when you took it baby,” Xander chuckled sarcastically.

“I didn’t know that our marriage would be a job Xander,” she murmured sadly, her dark eyes surveyed the scenery out of their suite.

“Or that Jesse and Mitch would be along; in the adjoining rooms to our suite for that matter,” she added bitterly.

“We might as well have asked my mother and your brother along with us,” she huffed. “Even that slut, Faith, should have joined in; after all, she was hitting all over Jesse at our wedding.”

“That’s my brother’s problem,” Xander snorted. “If he can’t keep his woman in line, then that’s on him,” he finished smugly.

“Do you even ‘like’ your brother Xander?” Anya asked seriously. “I mean, if you think about it; why would you…..” she let the question trail off when she spied the murderous look in her groom’s chocolate eyes.

“I love my brother Anya,” Xander hissed, slamming the newspaper down on the antique end table. He stood up and strode over to join her by the beveled glass door.

Xander clasped Anya by the arms and violently pulled her to him. He glared down into his wife’s dark eyes; his anger made Anya tremble in fear.

“You know who ‘I’ am, Anya…who you are and how we both need protection. That’s why Jesse and Mitch are here and for no other reason!” Xander’s dark eyes flashed in anger at his bride.

“Look,” he pointed out at the Pacific Ocean with his right hand. “There’s a fucking huge ocean out there, just like by Hawaii. Go walk around on the Wharf tomorrow and watch it all day for all I give a fuck! Take Jesse and Mitch with you and sight-see all week for God’s sake!”

“Are you going to go into bitch mode, now that we’re legally hitched babe? Cos if you are, then I better warn you that…..” He paused and scanned Anya’s deep, soulful eyes. She was terrified of him, that much he could tell.

Xander suddenly felt like the first class shit-head he truly was.

“Anya,” Xander whispered softly as he placed her head into his chest. He nuzzled the top of her dark head and kissed it tenderly.

“I have got to take control of this Angel problem, don’t you get that? If that prick talks to anyone outside of our little circle; I’m fucked completely and so are you,” he mumbled harshly. “I’m just trying to protect you; me and our family baby, that’s all,” he offered sincerely.

“I know,” Anya whispered in reply, a lone tear slipped down her right cheek. “I just wanted to have some time to ourselves,” she explained meekly. “To, you know be together, alone and maybe start our family.”

‘That’s the ticket,’ Xander realized suddenly. ‘Get her knocked up, immediately, and that’ll settle her ass down for good.’

Xander pulled back and peered into Anya’s doe-like eyes, “you missed your last shot, right?” He asked quietly as he gently stroked her soft hair with his big hand.

“Uh huh,” she replied sheepishly, her eyes focused on the huge diamond and gold wedding set on her ring finger.

“Good,” he sighed in relief. “Because I’m going to make you a mother half a dozen times over before we’re finished,” he smirked wolfishly.

“Really?” Anya asked hopefully, her dark eyes brimmed with tears of joy.

“Really,” Xander replied sincerely, just before he picked up his bride and carried her to their honeymoon bed.

“I’m going to make a great mom,” Anya giggled happily embracing Xander tightly.

“I know,” he whispered tenderly.

“I love you so much Xander,” she hummed as he undressed her.

“I love you too,” he replied earnestly.

The problem is,’ he thought to himself, sadly, ‘that I love Buffy more.’


{Back at Sunnydale Airport}


“This arrived special delivery, for you Mr. Giles,” the airport employee motioned at the huge ‘traveling pet pen’ that the airline provided.

“Thanks mate,” Spike replied jovially and headed over to the carrier that held his beloved Brutus.

Buffy peered at the ‘carrier’ and two dark eyes glaring out of it; wild eyes they were, she felt.

“Uhm, maybe I should step aside and let and Brutus re-acquaint, naturally,” Buffy offered timidly.

“Nope,” Spike protested mildly. “You two need to meet right up front. He’s going to be spending a lot of time with you after all.”

Spike leaned down and unclasped the pen lock to set his pet free.

Brutus came bounding out of the carrier and nearly leapt into Spike’s awaiting arms. Buffy felt oddly out of place and crept over to a nearby table, hoping to appear uninterested in the dog and his master.

She felt as if she was intruding in her boyfriend’s reunion with his best friend.

‘Whoa! Boyfriend! Where the hell did that come from???’ Buffy’s silent slip to herself temporarily dazed her, briefly.

Spike interrupted her musings by leading Brutus over to the table where she stood.

“This is Buffy boy,” he rattled off evenly. “You’re going to stay with her and she is very important to me…so, you’re going to be on your best behavior, aren’t you Brutus?”

Brutus reared back and sat on his massive haunches; his massive head was tilted to one side and he eyed his master’s girlfriend with intent curiosity.

“He’s huge,” Buffy stammered nervously eyeing the bear-like animal before her.

“Brutus just needs to warm up to you, and he will,” Spike assured her in a soothing tone. “Akitas are bloody masters of intuition, Princess. When he sizes you up and figures out you’re square, he’ll make up to you and…..”

Right at that moment, Brutus jumped up from his sitting position and leapt at Buffy, his huge tail wagging. The dog began to lick Buffy’s petite hand; his sign of affectionate introduction no doubt.

“I want you to like me Brutus,” Buffy murmured gently patting his huge head. “Besides,” she whispered conspiratorially, “I come bearing welcome gifts!”

Buffy held out her left hand, displaying the extra-large, juicy looking bone she had picked up from the butchers just that morning.

Brutus spied the bone and his brown eyes flew open wider then before. He eagerly eyed the delicious looking bone, then glanced at his master; making a silent appeal for permission to taste the unexpected treat.

“I don’t think ‘liking’ you is going to be a problem, sweetheart,” Spike chuckled as he nodded his permission to his dog.


After a simple meal of take-out Chinese and a shared bottle of chardonnay; Brutus’ sleeping arrangements had been decided. At least for the time being.

Buffy had pointed out that they had not purchased a decent dog house for the Akita, so it only seemed logical that Brutus should stay in Buffy’s service porch at night. At least for a while.

Spike had no doubt that Brutus would be taking up residence, permanently, in Buffy’s condo; after all, it had been mutual love at first sight. For Buffy and Brutus both.

Brutus was pleasantly ensconced in Buffy’s service porch, along with his favorite toy; a warm blanket and his bone, of course. The airplane trip must have been tiring because the Akita was sound asleep, his massive bear-like head rested on his huge paws.

Spike and Buffy were happily snuggled up in her bed, finishing off another bottle of wine together. Their naked bodies were sated from their last round of love-making and Buffy felt, well…pretty damned contented for once.

“Brutus seems happy doesn’t he?” Buffy asked quietly sipping her glass of chardonnay. “Even in my service porch?”

“He is,” Spike assured her as he nuzzled her soft, warm head with his lips.

“I suppose you think that your dog being here means you have squatter’s rights to my place, huh?” Buffy asked with a giggle, her mouth was twisted in a coy little smile. She glanced at Spike out of the side of her green eyes.

“I bet you think because Brutus has resident rights here, that you plan to maneuver your way over here any time you like, right?” Buffy stifled another giggle, but grinned widely at her own question.

“Well, yeah, that’s the general plan, baby,” Spike chuckled merrily. He nipped at Buffy’s neck and stroked her bare arm tenderly.

“I really like your plan William,” she replied simply, then broke out into peals of happy laughter.


A/N: Hope that wasn’t too sappy.

A little hint here; some anvils were dropped in this chapter. I will give away this much; there is a baby on the horizon for one of our couples in this story. It may not be who you think???!!!


Thanks for reading, please review, spufette.
Chapter 16: 'Surprise, Surprise!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I wasn't sure about this chapter, but I thought, oh, what the hell!
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: I’m still off line with my old hard drive so I’m going on by the seat of my pants with this one.

I don’t want to give too much away in the summary but I guarantee you readers…..this is going to be a big surprise to everyone!


Chapter 16: ‘Surprise! Surprise!’


Buffy sat watching Brutus the Akita and his mate, Yuki-Kuma frolic about her back yard. She sighed in contentment, happy to just sit and relax for a while, for once.

It had been about five months since William ‘Spike’ Giles had blown into her life; much like a tornado or such. It had been about three months since she had insisted that Spike bring his beloved Akita, Brutus, out to Sunnydale, California.

It had been about two months since Buffy had taken Brutus into her home and ‘allowed’ him to take over the household. Just a month later, she had insisted that they purchase a ‘mate’ for the five-year-old Akita male.

“He’s lonely for a girlfriend, I‘m sure,” Buffy had declared firmly with a shake of her blond head. “I think he needs someone to love,” she added wistfully.

That’s all Spike had needed to hear and well…both he and Buffy scanned the internet, searching for a perfect mate for their perfect boy.

After Spike had caved in and Buffy and he set out to find a perfect match for the massive Akita, they stumbled on a kennel near Sunnydale. There was a beautiful all white Akita female being advertised; a healthy three-year-old who had already had a litter of gorgeous pups.

When Buffy laid eyes on the exquisite Grand Dam that was Yuki-Kuma (loosely translated: Snow Bear) that was it. Spike and Buffy took the animated polar bear like dog home to Brutus who took to his bride like a duck to water.

Of course, it was as Buffy had predicted, where Spike was concerned. The Brit hung about her condo constantly and had practically moved in. Okay, he ‘had’ moved in, technically and surprisingly, that was fine with Buffy.

Spike had declared his love for Buffy at least a hundred times or so. She had even admitted her love for Spike, although not nearly as many times, butt that seemed to be enough for him.

Over the last few months, Xander and Anya had returned from their honeymoon and continued to wreck havoc in Sunnydale.

Every time the Sunnydale police came close to entrapping the elusive couple and their clan, they seemed to slip through the cracks and escape justice somehow. It was frustrating to Buffy and everyone else, but on the up side; it kept Spike in Sunnydale all that much longer.

Not that Spike was in any hurry to leave, of course, especially since he was absolutely crazy in love with Buffy. Even if they had arrested, tried and convicted Xander Harris and his gang, Spike would stay in Sunnydale. As long as Buffy was here, so was Spike and that was that.


Buffy had decided to stay home today, with the ‘kids’ and enjoy another day off.

She hadn’t been feeling quite up to snuff lately, Buffy hadn’t, but she blamed that on work and the frustrations of the Harris case. That or some unnamed virus that must be going around.

Everyone involved in the Harris case had decided that Angel Crawford needed to be found, pronto. However, the man and his wife, Darla had virtually fallen off the face of the earth.

Rupert Giles had decided that it was imperative to get Angel to come back to Sunnydale, under police protection of course, and turn State’s evidence against Xander and his family.

The rub, as it turned out, was that it was Spike who had run Angel off in the first place. Even if Rupert understood why his nephew had run the crooked PI out of town, it still irritated old Rupes(as Spike affectionately called him) to no end.

As it turned out, apparently Nina, Angel’s secretary truly had no clue to where her boss and his wife had run off to. That would probably turn out to be good for Nina and her lover, Tara, but not necessarily for the long arm of the law.

It was obvious that Xander Harris was scouring everywhere for his ex-lackey, but he also apparently had struck out in that area. Now, it was just a question of which team would find the elusive couple first: Bad Team Harris or Good Team Sunnydale Police Department.

Buffy felt that if given enough incentive and information, Angel would turn himself over to the police; if only to protect his beloved Darla.

When the Sunnydale police questioned Nina, Angel’s ex-employee
Alluded to a suspicion that Darla may be pregnant.

Surely Angel would want the police to find he and his family first so they could protect the Crawfords, right?

Buffy watched as Brutus and even Yuki stopped in mid-play; their ears perked up at attention.

Brutus became even more animated and began to jump wildly about while Yuki chased her pure white tale around and around.

Spike had explained that Akitas were not prone to barking, under any circumstances. Rather, they would become wildly animated; jumping about and almost yelping in human talk. This was if the dogs knew who was approaching or felt comfortable with the nearness of other humans about them.

If the dogs reacted cautiously; even lowly growling in a guttural tone, then it might mean that the human nearby was not someone they necessarily liked or trusted.

Yuki and Brutus were yelping and jumping at the back gate of Buffy’s yard like excited children.

It was no surprise when Spike stepped into the yard and greeted the dogs warmly. He then made his way over to Buffy and gave her an affectionate kiss on her mouth.

“How you feeling?” He asked Buffy with genuine concern.

“Like a washed out dish rag,” Buffy replied with a sardonic laugh. “I have to admit, I’m not at my best lately,” she added with a shrug.

“That’s why I called your doctor and made an appointment for you sweetheart,” Spike offered carefully. “Dr. Noxen expects you at 3:00 today,” he finished firmly, his arms crossed over his chest.

“Oh Spike for God’s sake,” Buffy sighed in exasperation, “I’ve got a bug, nothing more. Why do you…..”

“You’re going,” Spike stated with determination. He brought Buffy’s tiny hand up to his mouth and kissed it tenderly.

“I love you Buffy,” he murmured, gently bussing the back of her warm petite right hand.

“I know,” she replied shyly and then muttered in resignation, “oh, alright. I’ll go see Dr. Noxen.”



“How’s the kids,” Spike asked, rapidly changing the subject as he eyed the two dogs playing happily together.

“Fine,” Buffy giggled happily. “I think Yuki might be coming into season and we might have some pups soon,” she added gleefully.

“That would be nice,” Spike nodded and took Buffy’s tiny hand in his.

For all of his cavalier, or take charge attitude, Spike was worried about his darling girl. She hadn’t been feeling well for at least a week or so and he was getting concerned about her more and more daily.

Buffy entered Dr. Benjamin Noxen’s office and sat down on the modern leather chair across from his impressive desk.

“I’m sorry to have bothered you with this Dr. Noxen, but my boyfriend is kind of, well….“ she trailed off when she saw the smile on her physician’s mouth.

“Uhm, is everything alright Dr. Noxen?” Buffy asked, genuinely concerned by this time.

“Your boyfriend, this William Giles,” the good doctor began casually enough. “He seems to truly care for you Miss Summers.”

“He does,” Buffy nodded, secure in this knowledge. “But,” she began carefully, “should he be worried?”



It was almost 6:00 PM and Spike hurried up the front walkway of Buffy’s condo. He had purposely decided to wait until their supper time together tonight to ask her how the doctor’s appointment had gone. Now he was nervous as a bloody cat and wondered why he had not called her earlier.

The problem with Buffy was that she tended to get a be defensive about her independence and self-reliance. Spike had walked a fine line for months now; trying to keep Buffy close to him, emotionally and physically. Yet, he had to be careful not to drive the coltish young woman away; that would be a tragedy to him and Spike hated the thought of losing his golden goddess.

Buffy pulled the homemade lasagna out of the oven and checked to make sure that it was perfect. It was.

The Italian salad was made, tossed and had been iced in the fridge for an hour. Buffy’s homemade Italian dressing was shaken, not stirred and had been cooled and settled in the same fridge for two hours.

Fresh baked garlic bread toasted in the oven, along side the baking lasagna and Buffy stoically turned off the stove. She pulled off her oven mitts and tossed them onto the stove then straightened her hair, quickly, in the kitchen mirror above the sink.

Spike was ‘home’ and Buffy needed to break the news to him, somehow, and hoped he wouldn’t take her ‘illness’ to hard.

For all of her false bravado, Buffy was very insecure at heart and she would hate to lose Spike, just when she needed him the most.

Spike hurried into the kitchen and took in the sights and wonderful aromas of the room.

He spied Buffy’s special lasagna on the top of the stove and a nice bottle of Chianti was opened on the little butcher block table in the middle of the kitchen. Something inside of Spike niggled at him and he suddenly became even more concerned about ‘his girl’ then before..

“Buffy,” he mumbled as he took is little treasure in his arms and held her close to him.

“Let’s eat,” Buffy crowed brightly enough, but Spike noted a sense of anxiety about her.

“Buffy listen,” he began again and ran his left hand through her golden hair.

Suddenly, loud doggy howling outside in the back yard distracted the couple.

“That’s bloody strange enough,” Spike muttered, somewhat confused. “Those mutts never howl…unless,“

Spike broke away from Buffy and practically ran out into her backyard; she close behind.

“Stay inside,” Spike ordered her firmly as he headed out the back door.

Buffy nervously stood at her own back door, her green eyes wide with fear. Something was very wrong here and even Spike realized it.

After Spike disappeared into her back yard, Buffy stood by the door, anxiously wringing her hands together. She peered out into the darkness, her eyes wide with fear and trepidation.

“Buffy!” Spike bellowed gruffly from the darkness, “call 911!”

“What is it?” Buffy screamed in reply.


“Just call 911 and do not come out here!” Spike roared loudly.

Buffy did as she was told and hit the ‘911’ buttons on her kitchen cordless phone.

It took about five seconds before her morbid curiosity got the best of her and Buffy flew out her back door to Spike.

She found her lover hovering over a small and very pale form that lay prone on the dark green grass by her back gate. A gate Buffy had lovingly set up herself just a year before.

When Buffy saw ‘who’ was laying in her grass, his dark red blood covering the green grass of her yard, she screamed in shock.

“Oh my God!” Buffy gasped in horror, her right hand covering her mouth.

Young Andrew lay on the ground, apparently beaten and cut by some kind of knife in numerous places. He only wore a pair of blue jeans and his fair hair was matted with what seemed to be his own blood.

“Buffy! I told you to…..” Spike began harshly, his voice deep with anger and fear.

“I, I couldn’t stay inside,” she explained in a choked sob. “I called ‘911’ and they should be here any moment.”

Already the couple could hear the sirens approaching Buffy’s condo.

“Who? Why would anyone…..” Buffy began helplessly as she kneeled beside the bloodied, slight form of poor Andrew.

“Oh, God, Andrew…..Andy,” Buffy whimpered, her hand touched the boy’s eerily pale chest. She began to weep uncontrollably and hugged Andrew’s still body to her own trembling one.

“It isn’t fair,” Buffy wailed. “He’s just a kid; a kid who screwed up and never really hurt anyone and…..”

“What’s that?” Buffy gasped hoarsely; she pointed to a note of some kind that seemed to be tacked into Andrew’s skeletal chest.

Spike removed the blood covered piece of paper as gently as he could, careful not to cause the poor kid any more pain. Although he realized that the teen was probably beyond any sense of physical feeling whatsoever.

“It’s, it’s a message, I think,” Spike spat in disgust as he eyed the garishly written note.

“Surprise, surprise it says,” the blond cop muttered gruffly. He showed Buffy the garish black marker writing on the innocent piece of white paper before he tossed it aside.

“Poor little bloke,” Spike mumbled in a hushed tone. “They must have beat him and cut him and threw him back here to die. He’s…..”

“Is he still alive Spike,” Buffy cried in anguish. “Oh God, tell me he’s still alive,” she began to weep over and over again. She protectively covered Andrew’s slight body with her own and sobbed loudly.

“I’ve got a pulse,” Spike whispered, carefully taking the young man‘s wrist in his large hand. “It‘s weak, yes, but…..”

“We’ll take over now,” a young fireman declared before he stepped out from the shadows and knelt beside the couple and the injured boy.


Spike and Buffy sat in the waiting room of Sunnydale Memorial, their hands tightly clasped together between them.

Once the firemen and paramedics had taken Andrew’s near lifeless body from Buffy’s back yard, Spike had made some phone calls.

Rupert and Jennifer Giles sat a few chairs from Spike and Buffy. Amy Calendar, Jennifer’s niece was nearly inconsolable as she buried her dark head into her aunt’s chest and wept.

Dr. Johnathan Levison was not a particularly intimidating man; not too tall or even good looking. He was small of stature but great in talent as far as medicine went that is.

The truth was, Dr. Levison was an amazing man of medicine and he had taken Sunnydale Memorial by storm just the year before. This just may prove beneficial to Andrew and the people who had come to love the child-like young man.

Dr. Johnny scurried into the waiting room and faced off with the odd assorted group of people who were there for the teen he had just worked on.

“Who did this!” Dr. Levison bellowed like an irate father as he scanned the grief stricken faces before him.

“We are not sure Dr. Levison,” Rupert Giles offered sheepishly. “It seems to be a vendetta of some sort and….”

“It was Harris,” Spike spat in disdain at the mention of the monster’s name. “That or he’s had something to do with it,” the blond Brit grumbled.

“Harris,” Levison snorted in disgust. “Do any of you have any idea how many people, old and young alike I’ve seen die from overdoses from that ‘thugs’ poisonous drugs? How many of them I was fortunate enough to pull through in life? Xander Harris had ruined more lives then…..”

“Is Andrew going to be alright?” Buffy asked quietly as she stepped forward from the others. Her heart raced and she felt like being sicker then she had been before when she threw up in her flower beds after seeing poor Andrew so torn up and all.

“He is,” Dr. Levison pronounced with a heavy sigh. “He’ll take time of course, to heal but he should be ‘okay’ in a week or so. The kid‘s got his youth in his favor and although he‘ll be pretty shaken up for a while, he‘ll pull through.”

“He can have a few visitors,“ the diminutive doctor stated with a shrug and stumbled back to the recovery room where his beaten and cut patient waited for more of his miracle work.


“I’m going to go see him,” Amy murmured and hurried to follow the doctor into Andrew’s room.

“We had better go with her,” Rupert sighed sadly and led Jennifer off behind her niece.


“It’s all my fault,” Buffy wept, softly rocking to and fro in Spike’s arms.

“Now how do you figure that baby?” Spike asked in his comforting tone, tenderly stroking Buffy’s face and arms.

“If I had never have saved that monster, years ago,” she stammered in a muffled tone, her head buried into Spike’s chest.

“Buffy, baby, we’ve been over this time and again,” Spike murmured soothingly into her ear as he tenderly stroked her arm.

“You were a kid yourself; had no idea that Xander would turn out to be such a…..” Spike’s sentence trailed off when he looked deeply into Buffy’s wide green eyes.

There was something more troubling Buffy and that was for sure, Spike knew that much. The look of fear and trepidation in her beautiful green eyes alerted him to it.

The doc had told everyone that the poor whelp, Andrew, would be okay eventually, but Buffy was still skittish as a bloody cat. Her green eyes darted about the hospital’s hallway, never quite settled on him or met his concerned gaze.

“Buffy, sweetheart, what is it?” Spike asked, trying to keep an even tone in his voice.

He was getting more and more worried by the second; in fact, he was getting downright pissed off too. More so at himself then her; she had something to tell him earlier, that was for certain. The little drama with Andrew had distracted them both and now…..

“Buffy, talk to me,” he commanded in a gentle but firm voice.

“Oh, Spike….William,” Buffy stammered just before she began to weep quietly. She buried her face into his chest and cried, her little body trembled and shook with each desperate sob.

“Buffy, honey please,” Spike whimpered in despair, “just tell me what’s wrong, sweetheart. I…..” he tenderly placed his finger under her chin to bring her face up so their eyes could meet.

“Tell me,” he purred more then ordered this time as he nuzzled the top of her warm golden head.

Buffy sighed then looked Spike in his incredible blue eyes once again.

“I should have known,” she murmured softly, her green eyes brimmed with unshed tears. “I’m so stupid and…..”

“You’re smart, strong and beautiful,” Spike growled roughly, his arms wrapped about Buffy’s slim shoulders. “I won’t have you putting yourself down like this,” he grumbled unhappily.

“No, you don’t get it,” she interjected impatiently. “My periods, they’ve always been off; you know, irregular so I didn’t even suspect…..”

Spike reared back and gazed at his girl in shock. Her periods? She should have suspected? Could it be?

“Buffy?” He whispered quietly.

“Oh God William,” Buffy whimpered in embarrassment. “I can‘t believe this but…..I’m pregnant.”

Buffy thought she would die of embarrassment or something else anyway. She had been terrified to tell Spike the truth since she had found out that afternoon from Dr. Noxen. There was a little baby Spike Giles growing in her tummy and frankly, Buffy was frightened that maybe the daddy might be a bit gun shy of fatherhood and…..

After taking a deep, somewhat calming breath, Buffy dared a glance at Spike, fearful of seeing a look of disappointment on his handsome face.

Instead, Buffy was stunned to find her William’s face lit up like a decorated tree on Christmas morning.

“You’re, you’re going to have our baby?” Spike asked, quite unnecessarily, in an incredulous whisper.

His blue eyes were wide as saucers, but his mouth was in a wide grin; just like a giddy schoolboy.

“Yes,” Buffy mumbled in reply, feeling pretty damned ridiculous for some reason. Here she was, a woman of nearly thirty and…..

“I’m sorry, Will,” she muttered in apology. “I don’t know how it happened but…..”

“I’m not bloody sorry!” Spike cried gleefully scooping Buffy up into his arms and hugging her tightly. “I’m absolutely over the moon about it!”

Buffy stared at her lover in disbelief, her head had begun to spin (from nervousness, fright or pregnancy…who knew!).

“You’re happy about it?” she asked him disbelief. “I mean, you want the baby? You want me?”

It was a good thing that Spike was holding her so tightly because Buffy felt like she was about to pass out from the drama of the whole damned night.

“Yes, of course I want you and the baby Princess,” Spike cooed lovingly. He gave Buffy another tender kiss on her forehead and then suddenly dropped down on the floor; balanced on his left knee and right foot.

“Buffy,” Spike began in a most serious tone, his blue eyes brimming with tears of joy as he gazed into her eyes with so much love and respect.

“Since the first time I laid eyes on you,” Spike began again, fairly evenly, even though his some words came out a bit higher pitched then others. “Since the first time I met you, I knew you were the one for me.”

Buffy felt her heart fly to her throat, but she managed to swallow hard and clasp Spike’s hands with hers.

“Buffy Summers, will you marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?” Spike managed state in the most romantic, emotional way a man possibly could.

“Well? What do you say sweetheart?” He asked, suddenly a bit concerned that Buffy hadn’t answered him rather quickly liked he had hoped.

Spike gazed at Buffy, the hope in his blue eyes made her heart skip a beat. However, she managed to take another deep breath and well…continue to stare at him as if he’d grown two heads.

“Well,” she began hesitantly as she licked her suddenly dry lips and tried to form some coherent words.

“I, well…..I say yes. I will marry you William,” Buffy blurted her reply rather too loudly; eliciting many an odd stare by nearby hospital staff members and various people in the hallway.

Before Spike could yelp in joy or even hug the mother of his child, Buffy leapt into his arms which sent him backwards on his backside.

Spike looked up at Buffy who was now straddling his body on the floor, her mouth in a perfect ‘0’ of astonishment.

“I love you,” she giggled happily ignoring the ogling bystanders about them.

“I know,” Spike sighed in contentment as he placed tiny, kitten kisses on her flushed face and silky neck.


A/N: Bet you thought I was going to cop out and have just about everyone ‘but’ Buffy be pregs, huh? Nope….I decided to go sappy and have a bouncy Spuffy baby!


Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 17: 'Jealousy Does Not Become Him' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I hope you'll ead this and enjoy.
THE WORLD IS MINE


Summary: This chapter will begin with some sweet Spuffy. Unfortunately, it will also deal with some irritated other characters.

A/N: I was going to make this chapter a real long one, but changed my mind. I decided to leave major Spuffy interaction for the next chapter.

Also, I have dredged up some ideas for the last two chapters of ‘Redemption’ and feel compelled to finish that fiction also.



Chapter 17: ‘Jealousy Does Not Become Him’


William ‘Spike’ Giles and Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Summers were married without a lot of fanfare in the Sunnydale Community Church. It was the church Buffy had been baptized in when she was three-years-old.

Reverend Montgomery presided over the simple ceremony with only a few of Spike and Buffy’s closest friends and family in attendance. Buffy wore an elegant, but simple white sheath dress that showed her sleek neck and back to their best. Her veil was fashioned from pure Irish lace and fell to the middle of her bare back.

Rupert Giles had the honor of ‘giving’ his nephew’s bride away and Joyce Summers and Willow Rosenberg blubbered for joy during the entire ceremony.

Spike wore a fine tailored black suit and his own stood as his best man. Dawn, Buffy’s sister, was her matron of honor, while Rupert did double duty as Spike’s best man.

Buffy carried a lovely bouquets of white carnations and roses that was adorned with pure white Queen Anne’s lace. It was an unusual use in a traditional bouquets, but the bride had always favored the British twist of the flowers instead of baby‘s breath.

After Reverend Montgomery spoke the traditional wedding ceremony words, Spike and Buffy recited their own vows to each other.


“I love you William,” Buffy began shyly as she gazed into her husband’s indigo blue eyes.

“When you first came into my life,” she continued, “I was kind of lost in the world. I had almost lost all hope of a bright future for myself; but you changed that Will. You came into my life and brought be hope once more. Hope for a future filled with love from you and a chance for a family of my own. Thank you William for loving me and allowing me to love you,” she finished by placing an almost chaste kiss on Spike’s lips.

“I love you Buffy,” Spike began in his strong, deep voice. “I’ve loved you since the first time I met you, even before that I believe. You helped me realize that I also have a bright future and a chance for a family of my own. I want to raise a family with you; children that can learn from you about the good in the world and the love that is out there. Thank you Buffy, for loving me and allowing me to love you.”


“I now introduce, for the first time, William and Elizabeth as husband and wife!” Reverend Montgomery gushed happily.

Spike and Buffy turned to face their applauding guests; their faces beamed with love and happiness.

The simple but festive reception took place in Buffy’s backyard. Dawn and her husband Connor had painstakingly decorated the entire yard with white carnations and red roses. There were white and red streamers and balloons everywhere also.

Rupert and Jenny Giles insisted on catering the whole affair, making sure that there was a steady flow of champagne punch for everyone. Apple juice was provided, of course for the pregnant bride.

Andrew, who had healed quite well thank you, made sure everything went off without a hitch. His date, Amy, bustled here and there, making sure all of the guests were taken care of.

Oz provided the music and there was even a little dance floor set up for everyone to dance.

When Buffy threw her bouquets, Willow caught it (surprise/surprise) and blushed redder then her hair color.

Although Spike’s parents were unable to be there, they sent their good wishes and a marvelous gift. A spray of flowers with a gift card right in the middle.

When Spike and Buffy opened his parents’ card, they found an entire gift of a honeymoon, including plane tickets to England.

There was a gold-embossed invitation for two weeks at the Haddon Hall Resort Inn in Chester, England, UK. The Honeymoon Suite was booked for the couple by the Giles and Buffy broke down and cried like a baby over the wonderful gift.


{Meanwhile across town…..things are not quite so merry!}


Anya Harris stood in her spacious apartment and watched her brother-in-law, Frank, half pull, half carry Xander into the living room.

That was ‘okay’ technically, however, that bitch Faith followed behind Frank, much like a rock-n-roll groupie. Which, actually, was kind of appropriate when one thought about it carefully.

“Where was he?” Anya asked, trying to sound non-pulsed and casual. She glared at Faith angrily.

“Frank’s bar,” Faith answered for her boyfriend. “He was half passed out over the a table and…..” the brunette continued airily, until Frank Harris cut her off with a growl.

“Hey baby,” Xander slurred as Frank led his older brother past Anya who stood at the bar. The big man smiled at his wife amicably.

Anya cringed visibly when her husband called her baby; probably because inside her heart was breaking into a million pieces.

“I’m takin’ my big brother into the bedroom,” Frank informed both the women. “I’ll strip him down and put him to bed, Anya,” he mumbled under his breath.

Frank’s sympathetic tone cut Anya to the core for some reason, although she knew her brother-in-law cared for her deeply.

Anya poured herself a good strong slug of vodka and drank it down in one gulp.

“Can I have one?” Faith purred just before she poured herself a shot of tequila.

“Sure, why not?” Anya snorted as she eyed Faith with disdain.

“Your husband sure is pissed, huh?” Faith chuckled evilly. “I guess that the little princess getting married upset him more…..”

“Shut the fuck up,” Anya ordered the annoying brunette before pouring herself another drink. The mistress of the house strode past Faith the Bitch and flopped down on her elegant sofa; her head held high.

“Look , I can’t help it if jealousy doesn’t become your husband,” Faith began sarcastically. “It doesn’t bode well on you either, Anyanka,” Faith finished with an unladylike snort.

“Why are you here again?” Anya asked Faith, her voice dripping with venom.

“Because my man, my Frank asked me to be,” Faith purred evilly. “Unlike you, my man wants to be around me and…..”

Neither of the females noticed that Frank now stood at the master bedroom door. His silence belied his anger at both Xander and his lover.

“Oh, there’s more,” Faith continued in an even, brittle voice. “Seems that the little Slayer is knocked up with that Brit’s brat. I suppose Xander is really fucking pissed about that, huh?”

Anya nearly dropped her glass on the floor when she heard what Faith said. For three months, she and Xander had tried to get pregnant, but…..

Apparently Faith was well aware of this fact.

“Do you suppose your lover boy is sterile?” Faith asked maliciously before she sashayed over to where Anya was sitting on the sofa.

“I mean, three months of fucking like bunnies and no bambino? Hmmm,” Faith chuckled wickedly.

“Oh, no, that can’t be? Right?” Faith continued with an evil smirk. “You and I both know that Xander knocked the little bitch up himself, years ago, right? Oh, you didn’t know that I knew that, did you?”

Faith half leaned over Anya and stared at her ‘rival’ in the face.

“A man tells a girl a lot when they’re in the throws of passion, Anya,” Faith spat maliciously.

She chuckled evilly and took a sip of her drink:



“Tell me,” Faith began in a sugar coated tone, “how does it feel to be second choice, Anyanka? I mean, you know…..to be second choice after Buffy Summers and all?”

Faith drawled the Anyanka part out, just to piss the other woman off even more.

Anya caught sight of Frank in the doorway and took a deep, calming breath. This kept Mrs. Harris from scratching Faith’s eyes out with her well manicured fingernails.

“I suppose being second choice is better then being a third rate whore like you are Faith,” Anya hissed before she downed another glass of liquor.

Faith leapt out to attack Anya, but Frank caught her before she could.

“Go home Faith,” Frank ordered his girlfriend gruffly.

“Why should I….” Faith began, her words dripped with venom.

“Get the fuck out of here!” Frank commanded the brunette woman once again.

Faith glared at Frank, then hissed at Anya, her teeth bared in a grimace.

“Whatever,” Faith grunted before she grabbed her purse and stomped out of the Harris’ front door.

“Thank you Franklin,” Anya whispered softly, handing her brother-in-law a glass of amber liquid.

“I’m sorry Anya,” Frank mumbled under his breath. He drained the glass and held it out for another helping.

‘He looks like a scolded school boy,’ Anya thought to herself.

Anya began to giggle like a school girl, then grabbed a huge water glass and poured the whisky to the brim.

“Why do you tolerate him?” Frank asked his sister-in-law sadly. His dark eyes betrayed the confused sorrow he felt every time he looked at Anya.

“Because I love him,” Anya mumbled softly. “Why do you tolerate that bitch, Faith?” She asked defiantly.

“Because ‘I’ love her,” Frank shrugged in resignation.

“To love; and to us,” Anya sang clanking her glass lightly against Frank’s.

“To us,” Frank sighed in reply as he drained the glass completely.


The younger Harris felt as if he had the weight of the world on his massive shoulders.


A/N: Short chapter here, mainly because RL calls and I wanted to keep the storyline going.

The next chapter will definitely deal with Spuffy and the ‘HONEYMOON’!

We’re going on a little journey to the England and a visit to Spike’s parents.

Don’t worry, Brutus and Yuki-Kuma are being well looked after.
However…..there’s trouble a brewin’ in Sunnydale and a few people are out for Spike and Buffy’s blood!

Please read and review, thanks, spufette.
Chapter 18: 'Haddon Honeymoom' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I will finish this story if it kills me!
THE WORLD IS MINE




Chapter 18: ‘Haddon Honeymoon’


Summary: The Spuffy honeymoon is finally here and things get HOT! (Okay, as hot as I can write them!)

Some old secrets of Buffy’s come out in the throws of passion with her groom. Will Spike judge Buffy too harshly? (Oh come on now…..Spike worships Buffy and he would never judge her too much, right?)

Don’t let the title fool you…..this is not a purely fluffy chapter.



Evil plots are being conjured up in Sunnydale; but will Xander’s pawns do their master’s bidding?




Spike nearly threw his bride up against the sturdy wall of the Haddon Honeymoon Suite; ever mindful of her ‘delicate’ condition of course.

“Fuck me,” Buffy rasped gruffly, causing Spike’s carnal need to grow even more then ever.

Spike resisted the natural urge to thrust his cock into his bride and pound her into the wall.

“Don’t want to hurt you baby…..or our little sprog,” he rasped.

Buffy giggled innocently enough, but then purred in reply, “I’m little but tough, remember Groom?”

Spike grinned down at Buffy, well more like leered before he growled, “oh I remember.”

He buried his cock into Buffy, careful to keep his large, strong hands stationed behind her bare back. They helped brace her tiny frame up and kept her from bouncing too much against the wall as he thrust into her time and again.


Later, in their Honeymoon Suite bed, Spike and Buffy lay, entwined together. So entwined that a casual onlooker could not tell where one blond lover began and the other ended.

“That, that was well……amazing,” gasped Buffy as she tried to catch her breath yet again.

“You can bloody well say that again, bride,” Spike rasped, his left arm clasped her even closer to him.

“Can we stay here forever then, groom?” Buffy murmured dreamily, her eyelids gently closed together; snuggled into her husband.

“Fine by me,” he purred in contentment even as he nuzzled his forehead into Buffy’s warm, soft neck.

They lay in peaceful solitude for a moment or two before Spike spoke up again.

“Buffy,” he began with hesitation, alerting her to the fact that her husband was about to say or ask something monumental.

“Buffy,” Spike repeated softly, his body now propped up on his left arm and his head somewhat cocked to one side.

“Hmmm,” Buffy mumbled sleepily, almost afraid to look him in the face. Even though this man had been the catalyst for her new life; her new chance at some real happiness.

“Just why ‘do’ they call you the Slayer?” Spike asked cautiously.

He stroked her bare, silky arm tenderly, but his blue eyes were wide and inquisitive.

“Oh shit,” Buffy muttered softly as her green eyes flew open and she gazed into Spike’s deep blue ones.

“What brings this up now?” Buffy stammered with one eye open and the other shut tight.

“Never mind,” Spike sighed heavily and flopped back onto his, well…..back.

“No, no I want to talk about ‘it’ once and for all,” Buffy sighed in reply. She flopped back onto her, well……back.

“Have you ever killed a man baby?” Buffy asked softly, her green eyed gaze met Spike’s blue one.

“Yes,” he admitted reluctantly, “I’ve killed more then one man,” he finished sadly.

“Me too,” Buffy whispered.


{Back in Sunnydale……}


Frank watched over his sleeping brother, carefully. Xander had drank the whole fucking county dry the day before and Frank was almost worried that he might not wake up from his hangover. Almost that is.

Finally, Xander began to stir; the raspy moan from the older brother’s mouth alerted Frank that his ‘idol’ would soon be awake….and really fucking grouchy to boot.

“Jesus! Who the fuck kicked me in the head?” Xander groaned loudly just before he finally opened his chocolate brown eyes.

“That would be you,” Frank muttered in disgust as he stood up and sauntered over to the bed where his brother lay.

“I kicked myself in the head?” Xander snorted sarcastically; he reached for the pitcher of water on the bed stand close by.

As he poured himself a glass of cool water, Xander glared at his younger brother though half-closed eyes.

“I suppose Anya is out there,” Xander pointed his strong chin at the bedroom door, “bitching and moaning and……”

“Your wife is an amazing woman Xand,” Frank interrupted him impatiently. “I just wish ‘you’ would realize that and……”

“I’ll handle my own wife,” Xander snapped angrily. “You need to handle that slut girlfriend of yours’ brother,” he finished with a derisive snort.

Frank cringed a bit, but shook off his jealousy and retorted, “Faith isn’t the problem here Xander. You are. I’m warning you; no make that I’m advising you. Make sure you don’t lose the best thing you’ve ever had, brother. Anya loves you, but it might not be enough in the end. Not if you continue to make Buffy Summers your absolute ambition and……”

“I want you to contract a hit on William Giles,” Xander grunted matter-of-factly.

Frank literally leapt up from his seat on the bed and spun about to face his brother.

“What the fuck are you babbling on about!” Frank roared in disbelief.

“I want Spike Giles dead!” Xander screamed wildly as he bolted from his bed. “I want that fucker dead and buried and……”

It was at this precise moment that Anya ran into the master bedroom, a look of horror on her lovely face.

“What’s going on here,” she cried.

“Your darling husband wants me to contract a killing on William ‘Spike’ Giles,” Frank spat in reply. “I guess he seems to think that…..”

“No, Xander, no,” Anya began to sob. “You can’t do that,” she wailed unhappily. “Buffy ‘is’ your blood. She’s your family and she’s going to have a baby,” the woman continued desperately.

“My sentiments exactly,” Frank interjected. “Buffy ‘is’ our cousin Xander. I’m not going to be a party to making her a widow and that baby a…..”

“Have you forgotten about our little brother then?” Xander mumbled between sips of his water. “What about his blood that screams for justice!”

Frank and Anya exchanged worried glances.

“Look Xander,” Frank began quietly. “We were never sure that Warren Meers was really our little brother. Those were his claims and his mom’s. Dad, he was a man whore, we all get that, but…..”

Frank shot Anya a dubious look, then returned his steely gaze to his brother.

“Even if Warren was really our ‘half-brother’ and all, which I’m not so sure about? It doesn’t matter. Warren was doing something illegal and Buffy was just doing her job, period.”

“He’s right honey,” Anya took the opportunity to add her two cents in.

“Warren was a loose cannon and he did what he did. You can’t fault Buffy for doing her job, can you?” Anya looked at her husband with pleading dark eyes.

She saw nothing but emptiness in those beautiful dark eyes of her husband.

“Jesus, this family is past fucked up,” Anya muttered under her breath.

“I’m not going after Buffy am I?” Xander growled menacingly. “It’s her fuck of a husband that I want dead! He’s here to bring us down Frank, Anya. Don’t you two get that or…..”

“I get that,” Frank whispered. “I don’t like the bastard either, but he is Buffy’s husband and our own relative’s father. Jesus Xander, we can’t ruin Buffy’s life anymore then we have, can we?”

“We can’t take out family Xander,” Frank added weakly as he silently pleaded with his sister-in-law.

“Why not,” Xander retorted smugly, “I did, and so did you baby,” he finished with a grunt.

Anya looked as if she’d seen a ghost, which perhaps she had.

Frank looked confused as hell.

Xander looked as if he was the wicked cat that had swallowed the canary.


{Haddon…….}


“Well, this is some way to begin an otherwise glorious honeymoon,” Buffy grumbled. She was beginning to be more then slightly annoyed by this ‘twenty question’ bullshit by her husband.

She had spent the better part of an hour avoiding William’s overwhelming questions and frankly, she was warn out by the whole mess.

“I’ll tell you everything,” she sighed in weary resignation. “From start to finish, but you have to promise not to interrupt me sweetheart, okay?”

Spike nodded silently and settled back down on his left elbow so he could watch Buffy as she told her story.

“There was another Harris son,” Buffy began with hesitation. “Well, at least that’s what Bess and Warren Meers claimed anyway,” she added with a slight frown.

“Who?” Spike asked, careful not to break his silent agreement not to interrupt his wife.

“Bess Meers lived in Sunnydale too,” Buffy began again. “Warren was her son; he kind of crawled out of the woodwork when we were still in college. I mean Willow, me and Xander and all.”

“Apparently, the apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree in the Harris family,” she snorted. “That is Xander’s apple anyway and his cheating ways. Supposedly, Warren was Larry Harris’ son too; he was about two years younger then Frank.”

“So this Meers bloke was Larry Harris’ love child?” Spike asked a bit confused.

“So he and his mom, Bess, claimed,” Buffy shrugged. “Larry never denied it so I guess his lack of omission semi-confirmed it at least. Anyway, Xander and Frank took poor Warren under their wings so to speak. Took him in as their little brother.”

“Warren was an odd duck,” she continued quietly. “If Xander and Frank were social outcasts; Warren was way way out there. He was a bit of a nerd to say the least, but incredibly smart. I guess Xander and Frank felt a kinship to him and well…..” her sentence trailed off.

Spike remained silent, as promised, no matter how hard that might be, especially for him.

“Anyway,” Buffy continued warily, “Xander and Frank became pretty powerful, connected I guess you’d say. They made sure that Warran was somewhat included in their rise to power. I say somewhat because like I said, Warren was even more of an outsider then Xander and Frank.”

“How so?” Spike finally asked carefully as he studied Buffy’s pensive expression.

“He was so, I don’t know, nerdy, I guess you’d say,” Buffy mumbled. “At least by our crowd’s standards. The guy always was going on about Sci-Fi movies; I mean he was obsessed, you know?“ She quirked a fair brow at Spike.

Look, kitten if you don’t want to…..” he began.

“No, I do want to tell you…..to maybe explain. I’ll try and keep it short and to the point.”

Spike nodded again for Buffy to continue.

“Warren didn’t fit in, anywhere really, except Xander and Frank tried to make him fit in. I don’t know how Connie Harris took it, we were never close as a family of course.”

Buffy frowned at the memory, but continued then continued her story.

“I guess Xander thought he could ’make’ a man out of Warren or something. Xander did something incredibly stupid, or I should say he ordered Warren to do something incredibly stupid.”

“What did Harris do exactly?” Spike asked cautiously.

“He sent Warren out to do a real thug’s job,” Buffy sighed sadly. “Xander sent Warren to ‘rough up’ Willie, you know the guy from the bar we were at before and…..”

“The one that called you Slayer?” Spike blurted excitedly.

“Yup, the one and only. Willie was one heck of a source before he owned a bar,” Buffy added sarcastically.

“You mean a snitch baby,” Spike confirmed with a snort.

“Exactly,” Buffy interjected. “My snitch to be exact,” she added with a harsh laugh.

“And,” she continued a little too coolly, “I did what a cop was supposed to do; to protect their ‘source/snitch’ and all. I took out Warren Meers when he attacked Willie.”

“Did you have any other choice really then?” Spike asked more casually then he felt inside.

“No,” Buffy sighed sadly, “especially since Willie’s last name is Rosenberg.”

“Isn’t your friend, Red’s last name Rosenberg?” Spike asked incredulously.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered, “Willie is Willow’s uncle.”

“I had to save him,” Buffy whimpered, her mouth pressed against Spike’s firm chest. “It was my job; Willow is my best friend and…..”

“Yes, you had to help Willie. That explains why the bloke called you ‘Slayer’ with such bloody admiration,” Spike added wisely.

“I suppose,” Buffy mumbled against his bare flesh. “Xander and Frank never forgave me, even if Warren wasn‘t my relative and…..”

“Buffy we all do things in this job that we don’t like, but we have to do,” Spike admonished her, even as he lifted her chin up tenderly with his finger.

He gazed into her green eyes and smiled warmly then kissed her softly on her lush little mouth.

“I’ve had to kill a man or two myself and it’s not something I’m proud of, truly,” he continued somberly. “It is part of the job and we have to put those things behind us; look to the future.”

“This baby of ours,” he continued in a tender voice as he stroked Buffy’s round little tummy. “This little sprog ‘is’ our future Buffy.”

Buffy smiled softly and cuddled deeper into Spike’s embrace.

“The little one will wash away all of our past sins Buffy because he or she was made in our love for one another. I want to give this baby the world Buffy,” Spike murmured tenderly and kissed the top of her golden head.

“A girl or boy,” he continued dreamily, pulling her even closer to him.

“Whether our baby is a girl or a boy; I want to give she or he the world and teach her or him that there are good things our there. Beautiful things and good people like you and me,” he smiled down at Buffy warmly.

“We are good people, aren’t we Will,” Buffy purred sleepily before closing her weary green eyes.

“That we are, sweetheart,” he chuckled in reply.

“I love you my Buffy,” he whispered before he closed his own blue eyes to sleep peacefully.

“I love you William,” Buffy mumbled, already half-asleep.


A/N: I really struggled with this chapter, trying to explain some past history of Buffy’s.

I hope to write more of this and my other WIP’s soon.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 19: 'Spouses; In-laws.....and Other Strangers' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Long time no update, sorry.
I hope there is still interest in this story and my other WIP.
Please read and enjoy...thanks, spuf
THE WORLD IS MINE


Chapter 19: ‘Spouses; In-laws …..and Other Strangers’


“I don’t understand why your folks couldn’t come out to Haddon and…..”

Buffy let her sentence trail off as she watched the passing scenery; a mix of green hills and farm houses.

Spike and her were on their way to Bath; something Buffy had originally looked forward to, but now…..

“Sweetheart,” Spike began with a soft, just enough to cut her off at the pasts, “I told you, Mum wants to kill the fatted calf and all.”

‘Yeah, kill the fatted calf,’ Buffy grimaced slightly.

“Just as long as I’m not the fatted calf,” she muttered out loud as she patted her plump tummy.

“Oh, Buffy, for Christ’s sake!” Spike hissed loudly just be fore he pulled their rented Coop to the side of the road.

“Look,” Spike began, a bit harsher then he really meant to. “My folks are not the anti-Christ’s, sweetling.”

His blue eyes bore into Buffy’s green ones with a vengeance.

“I, I didn’t mean to say that,” Buffy stammered in reply, her green eyes tearing up.

“I just meant that…..” she began again, but was unable to finish. Instead, she stared out at the rolling hills before her. There were sheep and cattle that dotted the little green hills.

‘How sweet,’ she whispered somewhat sarcastically, more to herself then anyone else in the small car.

“Buffy, sweetheart,” Spike began again, this time his tone was much more gentle; more William like.

“I just thought that if your folks came to Haddon, we could have had the Inn send up a lovely lunch and, well you know,” she grumbled under her breath.

“It will be fine,” Spike mumbled through gritted teeth; his strong hands gripped the steering wheel like a vice.

“I just don’t want them thinking I trapped you, okay?” Buffy whimpered like a child; something she hated to do but couldn’t quite seem to help herself.

She tried to glare at her groom, but only ended up staring at him in a helpless, pleading sort of way.

“Buffy, pet,” Spike cooed gently as he drove the small car past the ‘Welcome to Bath’ sign.

“It’s going to be fine, I promise,” he murmured softly, giving his bride a quick smile. “No, my folks don’t think you trapped me either,” he added with a sigh.

“Truth is,” he continued matter-of-factly, “they probably think that ‘I’ trapped you.”

“Although they love me,” Spike began hesitantly, “they know me and my faults pet.”

“Yeah, right,” Buffy muttered under her breath. “Their precious, sweet little boy trapped into marriage by the siren of Sunnydale and….”

Spike cut her off once again.

“Buffy,” he hissed through gritted teeth, “I mean it. My folks will love you…I promise.”

They continued the rest of their journey in silence, at least until Spike pulled the rented car up in front of a rather large, intimidating brick house.

“Here we are,” Spike crowed with somewhat false merriness. “Home sweet home.”

“It looks more like a fucking mansion to me,” Buffy grumbled gruffly, her arms defiantly folded across her chest burgeoning chest.

“Buffy, please,” Spike spat out in a measured tone. “Me mum don’t like foul language and…..”

“How about poor grammar,” Buffy asked wryly; her left eyebrow raised at her darling husband’s use of the slang word don’t.

“I give,” Spike groaned in defeat.

“Okay, let’s go,” Buffy cried happily as she pushed her passenger side door open.

“Huh?” Spike asked incredulously; his blue eyes wide with confusion.

He watched as his somewhat obviously pregnant wife slipped out of the car.

“Are you coming?” Buffy asked slyly, her mouth was shaped into a mischievous grin rather then the pout from earlier.

“I wonder if pregnancy is this bloody chaotic every time,” Spike muttered to himself.

He turned off the car and joined his beloved bride on the front porch of his parents palatial home.

“Keep up the erratic behavior and I’ll paddle that luscious little arse of yours when we get back to the inn,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s closest ear.

“Promise?” Buffy giggled coquettishly in reply.

Her sweet mouth was curled up into a wicked little smirk.

“I’ll never understand you,” Spike growled lowly, just before his mother answered her front door.


{Meanwhile, back in Sunnydale…..}

Anya Harris reached to grasp the doorknob of her husband’s closed office door.

When the couple had rented their Sunnydale penthouse, Xander had insisted on the private office area. Since Anya would walk over hot coals for her hubby, the office was included, of course.

The obviously nervous young woman hesitated to turn to turn the knob and open the door when she heard the loud male voices from within.

It felt as if her heart was in her throat…..

“I don’t understand why you can’t just let it go Xand,” Frank Harris stated evenly.

“Buffy is family; can’t you let her have some happiness in peace and…..” he began diplomatically before his older brother cut him off.

“I care about Buffy, a hundred times more then you little brother,” Xander snorted ruefully before he poured himself another drink of whisky.

“I doubt that,” Frank muttered under his breath.

“I’m not ‘after’ Buffy,” Xander continued dryly, “I just want that prick of a husband of hers out of the way,” he added with another snort.

“Remember,” the older brother continued matter-of-factly, “this British prick is the bane of our existence…..”

Frank interrupted immediately….. “or are you just jealous of the fact that Giles came here and managed to do something you couldn’t!”

“What would that be?” Xander asked his brother non-chalantly enough.

“Capture Buffy’s heart,” Frank murmured softly; his dark eyes focused on the office door.

Frank could ‘sense’ his brother’s wife at the other side of that door. He felt a twinge of guilt and shame shoot through his body.

‘Pity that Xander doesn’t have the pesky sense of conscience,” Frank thought, sadly shaking his dark head.

“Hey Frank,” Anya Harris murmured softly as she entered her husband’s office.

“Hey Ahn,” Frank replied quietly, his dark eyes focused on the desk in front of him.

“Am I missing something?” Anya asked quietly before she headed to the bar and poured herself a drink.

“Nothing much,” Frank muttered in reply. He tried desperately to keep the anger out of his voice.

“You know, Ahn,” Xander mumbled in his most sardonic tone as he eyed his wife’s full glass of presumably whisky. “I think if you want a kid so much, you’d lay off the fucking booze a bit,” he grunted and shrugged.

Anya looked as if someone had stuck a knife through her very soul which caused Frank to bolt from his comfortable chair.


“Do you have to be such a prick?” Frank barked angrily, his dark eyes blazed with fire.

“No, I don’t have to be such a fucking prick, but I enjoy the practice,” Xander replied harshly.

“Why practice?” Anya piped in. “You seem to have it down to an art already.”

“Now wait a minute,” Xander growled, visibly upset by now. “I…..”

“Forget it,” Frank ordered gruffly. “Can’t we just be a normal, loving family for once without all of the drama?”

“Doubtful,” Xander muttered cynically.

“We could try,” Anya whispered hopefully.

“We could try,” Frank echoed wistfully.

“Okay,” Xander sighed, “but it’ll be a stretch for us.”

“I have to go with Frank on this one honey,” Anya mumbled quietly. Her dark eyes darted between her husband and his brother.

Xander grimaced slightly and then shrugged in resignation.

“You seem to be agreeing with Frankie a lot lately,” the older man muttered gruffly. He took another gulp of his drink and shot a sour look at his younger brother.

“Like you’d notice,” Anya spat. “When do you ever notice me anymore,” she added sadly.

“Xander!” Jesse, Xander’s head henchman burst through the apartment door.

“We’ve found Angel,” Jesse gasped. “Up near Salinas,” he finished with a victorious cry.

“Who the fuck goes to Salinas?” Xander asked incredulously.

“Uhm, Bobby McGee, maybe,” Anya offered gutlessly.

Frank smirked appreciatetively at his sister-in-law’s witty reply.

Xander just glared at his bride.

“But let’s be serious,” Xander finally muttered gruffly. “What are we going to do about Angel Crawford?”


(Over at the Sunnydale police headquarters…..}

“What I don’t get,” Riley Finn stammered with that ‘deer in the caught in the headlights’ look of his…..

“Why would Angel and his wife go to a simple town like Salinas, California? Why not New York, or even out of the country or…..”

Finn was cut off by his commanding officer, Rupert Giles.

“Actually, it was smart move on Crawford’s part,” Rupert stated matter-of-factly.

“Salinas is far removed from the hubbub of city life and a peaceful place to hide out, really,” Giles continued. “Who would think to look for a shady figure like Angel in what is basically a farm village?”

“Apparently,” Riley interjected soberly, “Xander and Frank Harris.”

“Say what?” Rupert nearly gasped as he slammed his cuppa tea down on his desk.


{Back in Merry Olde England!}


Buffy sat and listened to her mother-in-law, Constance Giles, ramble on and on about such mundane things.

Oh, there was the thingy about the time little William (who was really quite little at the time) made mud pies in the back yard and actually ate one!

Wasn’t that precious though!?

Oh, then there was the time that young adult William had fallen head over heels for the local beauty, Cecily Adams, and written some horribly awful poetry for her. That she just loved by the way and they went on to get engaged.

Cecily, it seemed was a crack cook and impressed everyone with her culinary delights!

‘How nice is that?’ Buffy snorted quietly as she shoved another stuffed mushroom into her mouth. A mouth that was quite twisted in a frown by this time and…..

‘Yes I am truly in hell now,’ Buffy thought to herself as she munched her appetizer rather slowly. A way to shut herself up, no doubt.

Buffy could hear her new husband, William and his father, Geoffrey Giles in the other room. Oh, they were just talking and talking away; catching up as it were. At least that’s what Constance had insisted on, earlier that is, when Buffy and Will had arrived at the Giles’ home.

“You two just go in and catch up now,” Constance had gently commanded to her husband and only son.

“Buffy and I will throw lunch together and be out in a jiff,” she had added with a wry smile.
“Tell me about your people, dear,” Constance stated in her quiet but quite commanding voice.

Buffy gulped nervously and watched the older woman as she began to masterfully assemble some kind of egg sandwiches.

“My people?” Buffy asked, her tone sounded unsteady even to herself.

This was when Buffy had realized that she was truly in trouble and there was probably no way out now.

“Your mother, father and don’t you have a younger sister?” Constance asked, casually slapping the top bread slices onto the egg mixture.

Buffy was feeling rather queasy at the moment; quite sure that this wasn’t another bout of morning sickness.


“Buffy,” Constance asked her new daughter-in-law; a look of genuine concern on her handsome face.

That was when Buffy realized that William did look quite a lot like his mother too. He had his father’s amazing blue eyes, of course, but there was something about his mother’s face and demeanor that he possessed also.

“Buffy dear,” Constance repeated patiently.

“Yeah, I mean yes! I have people!” Buffy blurted out in reply.

“Buffy,” Constance began again in her clipped, reserved voice that made said Buffy quite uncomfortable indeed.


Buffy shyly glanced at her mother-in-law and noticed a warm, almost loving look on the older woman’s lovely face.

“They are good people,” Buffy mumbled softly, her thoughts on her mother Joyce and her endearingly sweet and impulsive Dawnie; her little sister.

The glass of apple juice on the breakfast bar in front of her looked suddenly very appetizing and Buffy gulped it down quickly.

“My father, Hank, he isn‘t so great,” Buffy finished in a subdued tone. Her green eyes focused on the empty juice glass before her and she wondered why Will hadn‘t discussed all of this with his folks already.

“My father is a jerk,” Buffy blurted out, staring at her mother-in-law with pout. “Mom is wonderful and so is Dawn, but dad is a fool! I’m not wealthy and I don’t come from rich family and I am definitely not a crack cook!”

Buffy finished her outburst with a frown.

Constance Giles sat down on the bar stool next to Buffy and refilled her glass with more juice.

“I know that your mother is an amazing woman, dear,” the older woman stated softly. “William has told Geoffrey and I all about your family and you….”

“Oh, uhm,” Buffy began hesitantly; she fumbled with the refilled glass of juice and took another sip.

Buffy felt the gentle pressure of her mother-in-law’s strong hand on her right arm.

‘Is she patting my arm?’ Buffy wondered, surprised at the turn of events.

“Buffy, honey,” Constance began cautiously, “William has told us how strong and wonderful your mother truly is. I know you love your family, even if your father ‘is’ a fool. He certainly must be a fool to walk away from a lovely woman like your mother and his beautiful daughters. We can’t choose our family members, Buffy, and we certainly cannot help it if they do stupid things. Can we?”

Buffy shot Constance an incredulous look! Her green eyes were wide in amazement.

“I just thought,” Buffy stuttered, confused. Maybe she had just misjudged her mother-in-law. Maybe Constance wasn’t the pretentious, judgemental woman that she had assumed she was?

“That perhaps I preferred someone like Cecily Adams for my only son?” Constance finished for Buffy.

“Believe me, dear, I certainly would rather pull all of my hair out or at the least have twenty-four hour root canal then have William end up with someone like that Adams girl.”

“I don’t understand,” Buffy muttered, even more confused then before. This was certainly a bizarre turn of events. Her reserved, upper crust mother-in-law appeared to have an earthy side that she would never have guessed at.

“I think you and I got off on the wrong foot, Buffy,” Constance murmered gently. “Or maybe just a misguided foot?”

“You see,” Constance continued, “Cecily Adams was supposedly everything a woman ‘should’ want for her only son. A beautiful, accomplished young woman from a so-called flawless family. However…..” she hesitated for a moment, just to put the words right.

“Cecily was something that, fortunately, William realized wasn’t right for him.”

“What was that?” Buffy gave Constance an inquisitive stare.

“A right stuck up snob and not near enough good enough for him,” Constance replied with a nod. “What’s a great cook when you’re a bloody cold-hearted bitch?”

Buffy sat, open mouthed and wide-eyed as Constance continued.

“You see, Buffy,” Constance smiled knowingly, “a man like William needs a woman like you in his life. A strong, non-pretentious woman; beautiful, smart and compassionate. Not a faded rose; fragile and self-absorbed like Cecily.”

“Not to mention…..I believe that William has been in love with ‘you’ since his Uncle Rupert sent him that photo of you years ago. Who deny a young man such a romantic fancy such as love at first sight,” she finished with a warm chuckle.

“Oh,” Buffy murmered dazedly.

“I believe that you are perfect for my son, Buffy. Geoffrey and I are thrilled that William has found such an amazing woman to share his life with,” Constance smiled and tenderly squeezed Buffy’s hand.

“So, you, uhm don’t mind that I’m pregnant and all?” Buffy asked, a little more timidly then she would like.

“I guess I thought you and Will’s dad might think I kind of trapped him and all,” Buffy added shyly.

“Of course not!” Constance gasped audibly, “that’s just the icing on the cake! After all, I was three months gone with William when Geof and I finally tied the knot!”

{We’ll drop a compassionate curtain on the rest of this little scene…..}


“Geoffrey, William,” Constance called through her parlour door. “Supper’s on. Bring your pints and set your bums down on the kitchen chairs. My beautiful daughter-in-law and I have worked our fingers to the bone on this repast.”

“Thank you,” Buffy whispered lovingly to Constance as she watched her husband and father-in-law dig into their sandwiches and salads.

“Thank you,” Constance replied under her breath. “I thank you and God for coming into William’s life.”


A/N: Well, this has been months in coming and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

A couple of points: Did anyone catch the reference to ‘Bobby McGee’ that I threw in there? I just love that song. Also, has anyone reading this noticed a ‘subtle’ change in Frank and Anya’s relationship? It may prove important in the future.

Please be patient with me as I have had a busy summer in RL and my writing muse seemed to have taken a sabbatical from me.

Hopefully I will be able to update this story and my other WIP more consistently from now on.

Since the turn of events back in Sunnydale, I believe that Buffy and Spike’s honeymoon just may be cut short.

Thanks for reading this and please review…..spufette.
Chapter 20: 'Disappointment and Disdain' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Wow....it's been ages since I've updated this and I hope you all still want to read it.

Thank you.
THE WORLD IS MINE

Chapter 20: ‘Disappointment and Disdain’


Buffy lay in her husband’s arms; his strong embrace a comfort to her.

Yes, her life had finally come full circle and Buffy was truly happy for the first time in years.

She was married to a great guy; her in-laws seemingly adored her on first sight and she was going to have a child in less then eight months.

Things were perfect, absolutely perfect, especially since she had come to this conclusion in this beautiful honeymoon suite.

Haddon, England; what a ride!

It felt right to Buffy, finally, to lay in a man’s arms and feel completely content and well…safe. Yes, safe she felt and it felt wonderful.

Wasn’t it okay to ‘feel safe’ for once, even if she was a usually strong, self-confident woman. (Okay, the self-confident bit was probably an overstatement here).

Anyway, it was kind of nice, for once, to depend on someone else (even a man!) to make her feel completely loved and safe; and yes, completely adored.

Oh yes, Buffy’s life was just perfect now that fate had decided to take a holiday from screwing in up.

Of course, fate would just have to step in, again, and shit all over one Buffy Summers. Well….. wouldn’t it?


The phone ring woke Spike up with a start. He bolted up in the bed and desperately searched the unfamiliar room, looking for the source of the bloody annoying ring.

Buffy was sound asleep next to him in their honeymoon bed and Spike would be damned if some random phone call was going to wake his angel.

Spike grabbed his cell phone, conveniently placed next to the bed on the oak end table. After a quick glance at his wife, he glared at the offending device in his hand. The time on the cell phone read 3:46 AM which caused the blond man to be even more pissed then a moment before.

“Who the bloody fuck is calling at…..” he growled, then he noticed the ID signal on the phone.

“William,” Rupert Giles’ stoic voice echoed over the phone line.

“What the fuck is going on Rupes?” Spike rasped, still somewhat asleep.

“You do not need to swear so violently William,” Rupert Giles admonished his nephew.

“Well bloody hell Rupert, it’s just that…..” Spike’s voice trailed off into silence.

“It’s Angel and his wife,” Rupert interjected stoically.

“What’s up then?” Spike asked quietly as he nervously surveyed his sleeping spouse.

“Well, we tracked them down, both of them, up in the northern part of the state,” Giles almost mumbled the statement.

“And…..” Spike muttered harshly to encourage his uncle to continue.

“We lost them,” Rupert replied in a hushed tone.

“Lost them!” Spike yelped in disbelief.

“Not so much lost them,” Giles continued reluctantly. “We think, actually, that Harris and his crew may have caught up with them…..up near a town called Salinas.”

“Oh great Jesus!” Spike growled loudly.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy whispered from her place in the bed. “Who’s on the phone?”

“We’ll call back,” Spike growled into the phone before he nearly slammed it back down on the receiver.

“Will?” Buffy whispered nervously as she sat upright in the once warm bed she shared with her husband.

“Buffy,” Spike began quietly, “it’s Rupert, he……” his voice trailed off when his gaze met his wife’s.

“Sunnyhell, right?” Buffy groaned the question and flopped back down into the bed.

“What is it?” She hissed, almost mimicking her husband’s signature growl to a tee.

“Those bloody gits at the Sunnydale Police Department have located Crawford and his wife,” Spike began with an apprehensive sigh.

“But that’s of the good, right?” Buffy jolted up once again and smiled slightly, unaware of the bad news to follow.

“Well…..not so of the good,” Spike mumbled.


They flew back to America immediately, of course, Buffy and Spike did.
It was absolute that they did, even if it meant Buffy had to leave behind the beautiful new country she had just discovered…..and fallen in love with.

Buffy was a wife, a soon-to-be-mother and a woman, naturally, but she was also a police detective and a good one at that. The case against Xander and Frank Harris was important to her, and to her husband.

It would simply have to come first, even if Buffy cried halfway back across the Atlantic Ocean.

On a brighter note, she only cried during their takeoff from Kennedy Airport in New York!

“How much did Rupert tell you?” Buffy had asked Spike as they quickly packed their bags back in Haddon.

“Only as much as he knew, I guess,” Spike replied half-heartedly.

The blond man was well aware how much this Harris business affected his wife and he hated it fiercely.

Spike never realized just how much he could hate before he had gone to America. This whole Harris business nearly made him go around the bend; what that fucking family had done to his Buffy, especially that bastard Xander!

Then again, on the other side of the coin, Spike finally had found true love with Buffy. Now there was something to be immensely grateful for and he would never forget that either.

While he watched his wife sleep, somewhere over some Godforsaken city in Arizona, Spike smiled tenderly down at her.

Buffy’s snored ever so slightly when she slept soundly, like a kitten fast asleep. This was something Spike found quite endearing. He reached out and softly stroked her noticeably pooched and dear little tummy just under the plane’s safety belt.

Their child rested in that dear little tummy, Spike’s and Buffy’s little baby slept soundly there.

‘I’ll never let anyone hurt you baby,’ he silently promised his wife. ‘Or you little sprog,’ he added warmly to his child.

‘I will rip Xander and the whole fucking Harris clan apart piece by piece before I let them harm one hair on either of your heads,’ Spike finished with a slight growl.

It was William Giles oath to his little family…..and to God.


{Back in Sunnyhell!}


“I don’t like it,” Frank Harris grumbled roughly, his forehead tensely crunched up.

At just that moment, Xander thought his younger brother looked sixty at least. That was just too fucking bad…that his baby brother had decided to ‘gain conscience’ at this point in the game.

“It’s gotta be done,” Xander muttered roughly in reply. He turned to the expensive oaken bard to pour a good stiff drink of whisky for himself.

“Why bother with them?” Anya asked innocently enough. She hated the weak whimper in her tone and took a deep gulp of air to calm herself.

Xander’s wife had directed her question at her husband, even though her brown eyes seemed to be focused on his brother Frank.

“Jesse and Scott have that fucking moron up in Salinas; him and his bitch of a wife,” Xander growled, angrily taking a deep gulp of whisky.

“So we’re gonna’ just go up there and fuck with them? Make Angel and his wife talk shit and…..” Frank’s voice trailed off when he noticed his older brother’s surly glare.

“That’s right,” Xander replied gruffly, slamming his empty glass down on the nearest table.

“We’ll all take a crack at Angel, if we have to,” he continued matter-of-factly. “Don’t worry baby,” he added quickly with a reassuring glance at Anya, “I don’t intend on hurting Darla or the baby.”

“Oh,” Anya whispered in slight disbelief as she sat down in the chair next to the little end table.

Frank shifted in obvious discomfort in the chair on the other side of the end table, his gaze focused on his lap.

His mind made up; Xander flopped down on his easy chair and leaned back as far as he could. He closed his eyes, momentarily, then opened them again and stared in contemplation at Anya and Frank.

Xander noticed that his wife was clearly disturbed by his plans; hell, even Frank looked visibly upset.

The slight disdain in Anya’s lovely dark eyes was noted by Xander and he knew it was directed at him. He conveniently chose to ignore it. This was business and his wife would just have to accept that.

The elder Harris also noticed that Anya was as white as a ghost, while Frank was an ugly shade of sickly green.

As observant as he usually was, Xander failed to notice something extremely important. His wife’s slender left hand, clasped in Frank’s, carefully hidden under the little antique table that just slightly separated them.


Tbc……
End Notes:
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put this here, but here goes:

I'm hoping to finish this one up in the next few chapters.

Thank you for your patience.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=18138