Reality Shift by DragonVamp
Summary: PTB help buffy work through some of her problems with a little journey.....
Categories: Fantasy/AU Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Buffy/Other, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 11439 Read: 6355 Published: 04/28/2006 Updated: 06/09/2006

1. Just for fun by DragonVamp

2. Just for fun by DragonVamp

3. Just for fun by DragonVamp

4. Just for fun by DragonVamp

5. Just for fun by DragonVamp

Just for fun by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
I'm just doing this for fun. I do not own anything but the original people places and events in this story.
I started writing this for the fun of it. I thought ...."What if after the hellmouth closed, Buffy got pulled into another world, (Or a few) Where the PTB set up lessons for her to learn. What if one of these places was our world where she is a TV charature?

I'm posting what I have so far. Feel free to sugest changes or write your own "Reality Shift". I have opened it up as a round robin. Okay here's my first chapter.......................
****************************************************
Well I always knew my life would make a good movie or TV show. There are parts I would love to have glossed over or toned down. I did find that they were way off on some things. Oh by the way I’m Buffy and this is my journal. I didn’t think I really needed to keep one after all these years but when I took a wacky trip into other realities I realized that my life is stranger than fiction.

It was about a year after we had defeated the First Evil and closed the hell mouth. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about then read the watcher journals of one Rupert Giles. Any way we were reorganizing and trying to find all the new Slayers. Things were going well.

I getting over my grieving process, Willow was becoming the witch she was meant to be. The Slayers were getting trained and learning the TRUTH about themselves. Faith and I were adjusting and getting along. Several of the Scoobies were now teaching and becoming watchers. Xander had actually started dating on of the older girls and much to our dismay Andrew seemed to not be as gay as we thought. He and Dawn married as soon as she found out she was pregnant. The two had been planning to get married anyway but the time table got sped up.

After the disaster Angel caused in LA I found out that Spike was alive. I was hurt that he did not try harder to find me. I decided to take some time off. I had been The Slayer for so long I needed to find Buffy again. I started heading to the demon hot spots and road tripping to find lost Slayers. On one of these occasions I happened to literally trip into a portal. Seems I had come to a small town that not unlike the Hellmouth was teaming with mystical occurrences.
(The unknown woods)

I was not sure where I was when I landed. I seemed to be in a wood and from the looks of it a very ancient wood. As I stood my Slayer senses kicked in I felt several beings around me. I was not sure what they were or if they were friendly but I was quickly feeling out numbered. Finally one of them appeared from the wood. He was dressed in soft animal skins and carried a bow. His long blond hair was pulled back into a braid and his ears where pointed. I almost laughed. I could not believe I was starring at what appeared to be an Elf. A very handsome one at that. He tried to speak to me but I did not understand the words that flowed from his mouth sounding like music more than speech. He seemed to try a different language. I finally sighed and spoke, “I’m sorry but I do not know your language.” I said sadly. He seemed to understand and thought for a second before speaking, “You are trespassing in the woods of the Golden Lady. You are to be …excuse me my common is a bit rusty…..You are to be presented to her for judgment.” I sighed and followed the elves as they lead me to their “Golden Lady”. I was not sure what was to happen but I knew if I fought here I would die.

We walked for a while before we came upon the most beautiful site I had ever seen. The trees themselves had been grown by magic into a massive city. It was more exquisite than the best architecture in our world and yet seemed to live and breath being part of the earth. I was walked up to the citadel where the Lady stood waiting. “What brings you to my woods?” She said. I guess she was already told I only speak what they had called common. I could see why she was called the “Golden Lady” Her hair was a pale yellow like spun gold. Her skin even had a golden glow about it. She was beautiful, I bowed my head to her before speaking, “I do not know my Lady, I was running and tripped through a portal. I do not even know what world this is much less why I am in your wood. I wish nothing more than to find my way home.” She seemed to think over my words as if trying to see if I was telling her the truth. I had no reason to lie.

“What are you? You are not Elvin though I find great magic in you. You are not human for they can only use magic not be part of it. I can not ascertain what you are!” The Lady asked. I sighed, “I am on a journey to find out who I am my Lady. As far as what I am…..I am not sure how it is on your world but mine was once ruled by great demons. When the powers cast them out a warrior was created to fight the ones who some how remained and those who found a way back. One born in every generation, a chosen one. I am that one, I am the Vampire Slayer. When one dies another is chosen. It was this way for centuries until I came along. In a battle against the First Evil a friend of mine did a spell that awoke the sleeping Slayers, as we call them. For seven years I was one of only one or two. Now we are hundreds and my place in the world changed. I went in search of myself and some how ended up here.” I finished my tale and noticed we had drawn quite a crowd.

“Come child. I wish to speak with you more.” The Lady said before turning and walking off. I knew I must follow. I found myself in a comfortable sitting room and was asked to sit. Food and drink were brought and the Lady and I talked the rest of the night. She told me of how she was once one of many but now that more Elves had died or have gone into the West, she was one of few and her place in this world was uncertain. She understood how I felt and that was a comfort. I was told I could stay there as long as I wished. She also told me of a wizard friend who would be coming soon should I wish to wait and talk to him maybe he could help me on my journey.

During my stay many of the Elves wanted to hear about my adventures battling demons. I finally got to talk with the one who found me in the wood. His name I must not speak or write. To know ones name is to have a power over them in the Elvin world. Only special people are told ones true name. That is why I was never asked. They called me Slayer while I was with them. I will called him many things during my stay there but that is another story for another time. For now I will call him by his common name, Daran.

Daran never asked me about being the Slayer. He wanted to know more about Buffy. He helped me rediscover the lost little girl with in me. There was something familiar about him that drew me to him. I found he was the son of the Lady and that because of the time we had spent together most of the Elves thought I was his and treated me with even more respect. I was beginning to feel like a celebrity they way they fell at my feet trying to gain my favor without incurring the wrath of their prince. Daran reminded me of someone I had almost forgotten. He didn’t take any of my crap, saw right through any half truth I tried to get away with and though his eyes where dark grey he had the same cheek bones. May be that was why I was attracted to him, he was familiar.

The Wizard Basir arrived on my fourth week with the Elves. I had not even realized that much time had past. I wondered if time moved differently here than in our world. Would it be like when Angel went to hell for thousands of years but was only gone from me a month? Would anyone I loved be alive when I returned? Part of me wanted to stay in this peaceful place but part of me hoped the wizard could answer my questions.

Basir was a tall man with a long beard. He had kind eyes and I felt myself trusting him as I did the Lady. We talked for a while the first day just getting to know one another. We met again the next day but his mood was much more serious this time. “Slayer I think your journey to find out about yourself had brought you here. I feel you may travel to many places and see many things before you return home. I know you worry about you family. The Fates tell me that you will return home and not much time while have past there although your journey may take years to return to that place. They tell me that while you seek to find out who you are, they seek to show you who you can be. You must learn you power for you are at an age few of your kind have ever reached. If you do not become a Master you will be it’s minion.” I looked at him for a few moments and sighed. “Thank you Basir. I was afraid the Slayer was getting stronger. As much as I want to stay here….” I said looking at Daran, “I know I must go. I have felt my slayer getting stronger but I hide it from my friends and watcher. I know now I must face my demon or become one. You know you would make a good watcher in my world.” I said with a smile.

The old Wizard leaned in a whispered, “We may not have Slayers but we do have heroes and they too need Watchers.” We both began to chuckle. I saw the twinkle in his eye and he reminded me of Giles. Daran and I spent another month together. In that time I had learned some magic. At the end of the month I knew I would be moving on and I did not know if I would be back. I wrote letters to all of my friends and left them with Basir who also knew my time with them was growing short. Although Daran and I had never been physically intimate we had shared our souls with one another. A part of him would always be with me.

“Must you leave me my love?” Daran asked even though he knew the answer. “Daran you know I must but part of you will always be here in my heart.” I look at him with tears in my eyes before speaking again, “You believe as I that we will meet again. Maybe in another time and place but our souls will always remember” I said in elvish before kissing his cheek and walking away.
Just for fun by DragonVamp
The old Wizard leaned in a whispered, “We may not have Slayers but we do have heroes and they too need Watchers.” We both began to chuckle. I saw the twinkle in his eye and he reminded me of Giles. Daran and I spent another month together. In that time I had learned some magic. At the end of the month I knew I would be moving on and I did not know if I would be back. I wrote letters to all of my friends and left them with Basir who also knew my time with them was growing short. Although Daran and I had never been physically intimate we had shared our souls with one another. A part of him would always be with me.

“Must you leave me my love?” Daran asked even though he knew the answer. “Daran you know I must but part of you will always be here in my heart.” I look at him with tears in my eyes before speaking again, “You believe as I that we will meet again. Maybe in another time and place but our souls will always remember” I said in elvish before kissing his cheek and walking away.
**********************************************************.

I had gathered my things earlier that day and said goodbye to my friends and the Lady. I had not realized I had acquired so many things in my stay here. I was given a pack in which I put my cloths and things I wanted to keep. I asked the Lady to see the rest got a proper home then I got onto the horse and followed Basir into the wood. I was not sure where I would go next or how I would get there but I would always remember this place. It reminded me of what it had felt like in heaven.

We rode in companionable silence until night fall when we set up camp. Basir was showing me how to identify herbs in the forest and what they could be used for. He was currently looking to find something we could cook. We had some rations the Lady sent with us but we did not know how long until we parted ways so we decided to use them sparingly. “Besides I like living off what the earth provides me!” Basir said. He had been appalled when I told him of our super markets and fast food joints. “A meal should be enjoyed with company. We discuss business and important happenings at our meals. You can not get these things done by rushing through a quick meal.” He had gruffed. I giggled but she thought he was right. The best Scooby meetings had all been over pizza or donuts or some kind of food. When I think about it though it is still common for people to offer guest food and drink when they come into your home.

We talked of many things before sleep found us that night, but it did not last for long. We had reached the edge of the Lady’s wood before camping. I awoke to a noise with my Slayer senses on full. I noticed Basir lying in his roll but as Wizards tend to sleep with their eyes open I was not sure if he was awake or not. I quietly got out of my bed roll and armed myself.

A few minutes past as I sat and listened for the noise. I was not disappointed as some really ugly creatures came rushing up on us. I was ready for them. I positioned myself between them and Basir. I was not sure what these things were or what to do so I bluffed my way through it. “You have entered the sacred wood for the Golden Lady. Leave now and I will show you mercy. Stay and face me I will show you death.” I said in elvish. I repeated it in common as well. The creatures were not intelligent. I was not sure if they did not understand me or if they did not think me a threat. Well there was six of them and one of me. The “leader” of the group finally spoke, “Tugoth think sleeping man scarier than little girl” it said.

I was angry but I had learned enough to control it. I simply looked at him and let an evil smirk form on my face that would have made Spike proud. “Well Tugoth, School is in and I’m the teacher. Today’s lesson: NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT”S COVER. Class begins now” I quipped as I motioned for him to attack me. I started off easy, a few kicks, some punches, then the others started coming to join in so I used my sword. I let my Slayer out and danced with my blade as I took down one after another. Before long they all lay dead at my feet. As I calmed down I looked around and quibbed, “Here endeth the lesson.” I cleaned my sword and wiped the gunk off my cloths before returning to lie on my bed roll. I sleep until mid morning.

I awoke to the smell of Basir fixing something like coffee. He watched me as I sat up. He did not say a word but his glare showed he was hesitant and more distant than he had been the night before. I had finally had enough. “What is it?” I sighed. He sweep his arm out indicating the destruction from the fight. “I’ll take care of it after I eat.” I said. It was a normal thing for me. If a body did not dissolve then I had to dispose of it.

Basir looked at me in shock, “I believe those are bits of troll. Mind telling me what happened.” He did not look pleased as he spoke. “I got woke up by a noise. Grabbed my weapons, saw the uglies coming and was ready. Told them they had entered the Lay’s wood and could leave the way they came or die. The smartest one, and that is not saying much, said he was more worried about you than me and you were asleep. So we had a little lesson on books and covers.” I told him like it was no big deal and for me it wasn’t.

Basir asked how many and I told him only six. He was surprised. Seems most of the time to take down a single Troll you need four men each or two magic users. I just shrugged, “Took down a Troll God back home and beat a Hell God to death with his hammer. I’m a Slayer it’s what I do.” I said sadly, “I will understand if you wish to leave my company Basir. Not many can deal with what I do.” He put his arm around me and gave me a fatherly hug. For a moment I was reminded of Giles.

“Daran said you were special. I heard all the stories you told and I guess it did not sink in. I can’t believe I sleep through the whole thing. Slayer you are a remarkable person. I would dishonor myself and my people to leave your company before it is time.” Basir said in a serious tone. I nodded my head and the matter was settled. We talked a bit during the day as we traveled.
Just for fun by DragonVamp
Daran said you were special. I heard all the stories you told and I
guess it did not sink in. I can't believe I sleep through the whole
thing. Slayer you are a remarkable person. I would dishonor myself
and my people to leave your company before it is time." Basir said
in a serious tone. I nodded my head and the matter was settled. We
talked a bit during the day as we traveled.
***************************************************************
Later that day we came to a mountain cave. Basir said he could go no
further and I must go on alone. I thanked him for his company and
all he had done for me. We exchanged gifts as was their custom and I
entered the cave.

It was quite dark but I had a small magic light the Lady had given
me to guide me. Inside the cave I found paintings. I took time to
look at them. They depicted a girl fighting monsters. **how Ironic**
I thought. They seemed to depict different Slayers from different
time periods. **Maybe the greatest in their time?** I wondered. I
came to one picture that showed a girl chained to the earth. She was
excepting the demon inside her. The demon seemed to be making love
to her. The image was done in such away that you saw rapture on both
of their faces as if the were sharing that one point where two truly
become one body and soul. It made a kind of since to me even though
it went against what I had been taught.

The next was an image of the villagers talking to the demon who was
holding the girl lovingly. The next of him protecting her from other
demons. The one after that was of the first human demon sighting,
the human tried friendship the demon tried rule. The continued to
show how the demons ruled this world and then when they had come
here, and then the peacefulness before the demons came. I stared at
that one for a long time.

I do not know if I fell asleep or if the hypnotic feeling of the
image pulled me in or what but I found myself in a quiet meadow. I
walked a short ways and found I was in a park. I finally came to the
streets.

Basir had told me in our talks that many of our "stories" are
actually interpretations of true events in other realms. Those
creative people who write them are merely sensitive to the memories
of the universe. The more sensitive one tend to be our seers and
witches and the like that receive messages from the Powers or work
with the magic of the universe. Each has their destiny and purpose
they must find, like I had to and still must.

That is why I had to laugh when I realized where I was. It was New
York City. I had been in central park. It was almost dusk and I
heard the distinct ring of swords near by. I ran to investigate and
see if I was needed. I saw a woman with long red hair fighting a
man. Most would rush to defend the woman but I saw the look in her
eyes. It was a look I had seen often enough, the look of pure evil.
I watched as the two slashed, blocked, defended, and attacked.
Finally the man got the upper hand and took her head. I heard him
say, "There can be only one" before the storm started. I must say
the movie over played it while the TV under played it. I took cover
and tried not to laugh at the hilarity of where I found myself.

After the quickening storm ended I got up and went over to the man.
I felt an odd buzzing in my head and new it was his immortality I
felt. He felt something as well and stood on shaky legs to face
me. "Whoa! Hold it Buddy. I am unarmed. I'm not what you think, but
I believe I was sent to you for a reason. Let's put that sword away
and find a nice quiet, but safe place to talk." He nodded for a
moment and put his sword away. I continued, "You can call me Buffy,
I assume your nature is not public knowledge?" He nodded
again. "Good, I prefer to keep mine that way too. I sense no true
evil in you and I am not familiar with this…..place. I will go where
you think it is safe to talk. We have much to say before we can
determine why I was sent." The man seemed to relax a bit before he
spoke. "You can call me Gus. I have a shop near here where we can
talk." He said before he stared walking. I followed him.

We entered a small antiques store not far from the park. My mother
being an art dealer had given me an eye for such things. "Quite a
collection you have here Gus. I suppose your sword collection is
just as nice?" I asked and almost laughed at the look on his face.
He lead me to a sitting room.

"Okay you seem to know a bit about me so now that we are safe to
talk let’s talk. I should warn you that we are on Holy ground. This
building is over what once was a church and the ground is still
consecrated." Gus said as he took a seat.

"Well Gus you might not believe me but I am from another dimension,
another universe. A wizard I met recently told me that the stories
in our world reflect the truths of others. In my world we have a
movie about the Highlander. It told of immortals later stories told
of their watchers, the quickening, the game all of it. I know not
everything here is like it was in the movie but I think the basics
are true. Don't worry I wont tell anyone. I am going to ask you a
question and I am serious. Have you ever seen a real vampire, or
demon?" Gus was looking at me like I had grown another head.

"I have not but next your going to tell me your Shayla the Slayer."
Gus said with a laugh that quickly dies when I looked on him. "No,
I'm Buffy the Master Vampire Slayer. I am the oldest in history and
the one who cast a spell to activate the sleepers with the help of
my friend who is a powerful witch." Gus was stunned.

“Sleepers?” Gus asked. “Well I assume you know the unto each generation story. Well I was battling the First Evil with some of my friends and as many of the potential Slayers as we could save. We did the spell and it activated what we call the sleeper in all the potentials. It caused them to manifest their hidden Slayer talents. They all became Slayers and like any hierarchy I was the oldest and most experienced and became the master of our race. Just as the oldest of yours has sway over the younger. I became the teacher. Once the world was saved again and we set up the school for the girls, I became lost. I did not know who I was anymore. I was a little girl, then I was the Slayer, now I don’t have to fight alone and I can not go back to being the child I was so I must find out who I am. That started this crazy journey the Powers have me on. This is the second stop on my “Mr. Toads Wild Ride”. The first was to a very Lord of the Rings/D&D type place where I stayed with the Elves for a month and journeyed with a Wizard. I learned much while I was there and now I am here to learn something from the immortals and the powers have chosen you to be my guide.” Gus shook his head.

“How do you know the Powers want me to be your guide?” he asked. “Well I came into this world in the park. The first thing I see is a duel in which you won. I know about immortals and that you are one of the good ones. I know you have a kinsman a hundred or so years younger than you who is nicknamed “the boy scout” because he can not seem to help but help the helpless. I also know that if you did not wish to know more or help me that I would be without my head and not sitting in your home.” I said with a smirk.

Gus shook his head again. “You pegged Connor alright. In fact I think he is who could help you more. He and his student James will be here soon. You may find this interesting. James actually was an actor before his first death. He appeared a few times as a bad guy on the TV show Slayer. While you’re here may be we will have time to compare stories. Your Highlander against the real thing and our Slayer against your story.” He said and started to laugh when I cringed. I was curious but I did not really want to know the stories about my life.
Just for fun by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Buffy tries to learn why the PTB put her on this journey.

(Authors note: Connor’s dream came from the story line of creators of the Wandererverse, I would not dare to claim ownership)
The next chapter will be writen for Tuesday! Any guesses where she will go next?
Gus shook his head again. “You pegged Connor alright. In fact I think he is who could help you more. He and his student James will be here soon. You may find this interesting. James actually was an actor before his first death. He appeared a few times as a bad guy on the TV show Slayer. While you’re here may be we will have time to compare stories. Your Highlander against the real thing and our Slayer against your story.” He said and started to laugh when I cringed. I was curious but I did not really want to know the stories about my life.
***************************************************

I was watching Gus make dinner when we felt the buzz. A cautious Connor and James entered Gus’s home. Connor nodded a hello to Gus while he watched me. “Hey Gus, who’s your friend?”, James asked. I could not help but stare. He looked just like Spike. As I stood there with my mouth open in shock he smirked and winked at me. I had to remind myself I was not in my own world.

“Connor, James, meet Buffy the Vampire Slayer” Gus said with humor in his voice. Connor gave him a look as if he did not appreciate the joke but James smiled and slipped into the role he played on the show. “Well, nice to meet you Slayer.” A chill went through me as he prowled around me setting my slayer on edge. “I guess I’m in luck. I just got word I’m the Slayers new love interest. Name’s William, pet. Maybe you can help me work on my lines later.” James purred in my ear while he ran a finger down my arm. I shivered for a moment before remembering where I was. He was smiling a smug smile at almost rival Spike’s. The Master Slayer decided to two can play this game.

With in seconds I had maneuvered him so he was sitting on the stool and I was straddling him. For a few minutes we forgot we were not alone. The heat between us was amazing. “Well William, I must tell you I do seem to have a thing for vamps. Although things tend to end up messy in the end. What with all the dust and everything.” I said giving him my best sweet and innocent look. Gus cleared his throat and I remembered that they were here and this was not my William. I blushed and got off the nice immortal. We sat down at dinner and I repeated my story.

Connor and James said they would help in any way they could. James told us more about his new role on the TV show. After dinner James and I went out on the porch to talk while Gus and Connor discussed what to do with me. “James I want to apologize for my behavior earlier. I don’t know what happened. I think your play acting reminded my Slayer to much of our Vampire.” I spoke softly to him. “No sweat sweetheart. I did not believe Gus at first but I saw the Slayer in your eyes and then I believed. Besides I’ve always been bad about playing with fire.” James purred, “You’re a strong woman Buffy. I would be lye’n if I did not say I felt something between us. I know you felt it too. I have never felt anything like this before and I must tell you it scares me a bit.” He looked up at me with intense blue eyes. He looked so much like Spike at the moment I gasp. We sat there as I quietly told him about living on the hellmouth and about Spike and Angel. Before we knew it the sun was coming up. We went inside to get some sleep. He showed me to the guest room where Gus had already put my stuff. As I sleep I dreamed of Spike.

I awoke in a cold sweet the dream had been so vivid I must have called out in my sleep. James had run in taking me in his arms telling me it was okay that he was there. Gus and Connor stood in the doorway looking worried. I am not sure if they were more worried about me and my dream or how close James and I were after a few short hours. James looked up at the guys, who nodded and left us alone. “Buffy honey, what happened? I heard you screaming.” James asked. He was so concerned it showed clear in his eyes. I recovered enough to tell him about my dream.

“I was standing in the hellmouth, and it was like the last time I had see Spike. I told him I loved him and he didn’t believe me. He told me to get out while I still could but this time I could not leave him there. I walked slowly until I was pressed tightly against him. The fire engulfed us both but it did not really burn. I told him again that I loved him and I was staying with him. The others did not need me, but he did. I saw the love in his eyes when he looked at me. After a moment he gasp and a look of amazement came over his face. It was like he finally believed that I loved him. The fire took us somewhere after the hellmouth closed. It was not like we died but more like we were moved to another place. I heard a voice speaking softly. I could not tell if it was male or female or maybe both. It said that our destiny had been fulfilled and a new one waited for us. It told us we were champions of the light and as such would receive our rewards. The voice disappeared and the First was there. It swallowed Spike and turned to me. It told me I was forever locked out of Heaven after my friends pulled me back to earth. It said it would hunt down the souls of all that I love, no matter what universe and kill them. I saw it tear the souls out of everyone I have met on this journey.” I started to cry as he held me in his arms.

“Buffy the PTB are not going to let that happen and neither will you. I heard you screaming my name honey. That is not what woke me though. I felt your need for me before you started screaming. I don’t know why but I knew you needed me here. Not Connor or Gus…Me. You say I remind you of your Vampire. Maybe it is my soul. Connor had a friend, an old immortal who was Chinese. Told me a lot about the universes. I listened but thought it was nonsense until I met you. One thing he told me was that there are other versions of us in other universe. Most people have many sides that only show up once and a while. Those sides may be more dominate in our other selves. You say I remind you of this vampire. I may represent him on this plane. I can tell you some differences I have noticed from what you told me already. One I am a very patient man, two I try to find way around violence, and three although I’m protective over things that are given to me freely I do not obsess over them. I write songs and sing but never care as much about fame as about the fans. I enjoy what I do and enjoy that people like what I do. If it is one person or one thousand I would still do it for those reasons.” James whispered to me as he held me and stroked my hair.

I don’t know how but I knew his words where true. He was very much like the human still left in Spike. That was when I realized Daran was like Spike’s soul and James was his human. I shuddered to think that on this journey I might also meet Spike’s demon.

I looked up into his blue eyes and felt like my mind shut down and my body took over. I leaned up and kissed him softly. He gasps for a moment looking for something in my eyes. What ever he found there was what he was looking for because he kissed me and deepened the kiss. He slid down to lie beside me and I pressed myself into his body craving the closeness. We both broke the kiss gulping in air as if we had forgotten we needed to breath.

I could smell his arousal, before the thought of smelling such a thing was disgusting but now the only thoughts in my mind were the words Faith had said so long ago………Want.Take.Have. Right then I wanted the man who held me so tightly in his arms. I rubbed myself against him as a moan escaped from both of us.

Hands began exploring over and then under clothing. Needing to feel him I ripped both our shirts open and pressed our bodies together. James was turned on more by my aggressiveness. He took the hint and began working on the rest of our cloths before I could tear them away as well. In moments we were touching skin to skin with nothing between us. It still was not enough. I needed him inside me. I tried to hurry it along but James showed that he to could be dominant. He took his time exploring my body with his hands, lips and tongue.

He finally lay over me using his arms to hold himself up and looked into my eyes, “Buffy are you sure?” He asked as he held himself just short of where I wanted him. I was surprised I could still speak. I moaned out a yes just before he slammed into me all the way to the hilt. He stayed still for a moment as if fighting not to lose it then and there.

Finally he began to move as we set up a rhythm that was so natural it was like we had done this a thousand times. It was slow and sensual but I started needing more. My heels dug into his ass cheeks as my nails clawed into his back. As if he knew what I wanted he began to drive into me faster and harder. He managed to hit both my clit and g-spot on each stroke. The tidal wave I had felt building inside me finally broke and I screamed out his name. He still pounded me into the mattress and a few moments later we both screamed as another orgasm hit me and he gave himself over to his own. James slid over to lounge beside me again and pulled a cover over us as we both drifted back to sleep again.

I awoke some hours later feeling very satisfied. That is until it all hit me. I had sex with someone I just met and only because he reminded me of Spike. The Slayer quickly beat down the old Buffy as I remembered all I had learned. I looked up to see the door was closed and groaned. James stirred and looked at me.

I could see he was unsure as to how I would feel after such an emotional morning. He thought about his words carefully, “Morning Buffy. I feel I must tell you I don’t have casual sex. Last night was not a one-night stand and it was more to me than just sex. I’m not sure what it was but I’m just as scared here as you are.” He whispered as he held me close.

I knew there was no need to say anything else just now so I let it be and changed the subject. “I think we will have some explaining to do when we get up. Somebody closed the door at some point. I just hope it was after we fell asleep.” I was sure I had a blush on my face. James just chuckled. Finally we got up and dressed as we both realized we needed food and had to face the cousins.

As we walked out we found the others in the kitchen preparing a meal. We sat down at the table. Connor looked over at us with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he tried to keep the smile from forming. Gus just looked concerned. “Good afternoon, Buffy I hope you are better now.” Gus asked.

“Yes..I..Um..had a nightmare about my past. I’m sorry about waking everyone up but I was thinking maybe we could train later. I have gotten out of practice and would like to see if there is something new you can teach me.” I asked Gus as I tried not to blush. Gus agreed and after we eat we talked about what I would be learning. I even watched an episode of “Slayer”. I was impressed with how the stunts were done, even though I could tell they were stunts. James was in this one. He played a convincing vampire. The role of William was a vampire similar to Angel but with more of Spike’s look and personality. I learned a lot about myself watching how the other characters treated the Slayer. This story was your typical gather the troops so they can discuss what to do while the Slayer figures out what to do, sends them on a helpful errand out of the way and then slay the bad guy, kiss boyfriend, end show. I remember how much simpler thing were back then.

For the next two weeks I helped James go over his lines and work on his stunt. I found it cute that he insisted on doing his own ever since becoming immortal. Gus and Connor taught me some martial arts and we all worked out daily. I was feeling in better than top shape. Connor taught me new mediation exercises as well as helping me worked on strengthening my senses. “A strong body is nothing without the Mind and Spirit to match”; Connor would tell me when I got discouraged.

As I approached the living room I heard Connor and Gus talking. Al though there voices where low I could make out every word so I listened………………………“Gus I really must say I had trouble believing her at first. Even with all we have seen in the last few hundred years.” Connor said. “I know, if she had not talked to me about immortals and what she knew I might have tried to take her head on our first meeting” Gus laughed. “From what I have seen you would have gotten your butt handed to ya” Connor chuckled, “She is who she says she is. Can you imagine if demons are real in her world then there must be a few here right?” he asked. Gus nodded not liking where the boy scout was taking this conversation, “May be that is what we are here for? What if we ware here to be the Slayers in our world? I had a dream once and this guy in my dream told me that the demons started the game to have us killing each other off. What if that is true and we are supposed to be warriors of the light like Buffy?” Gus shook his head, “Connor you have a point and it is probable but trying to prove it or do it is not.”………… They both continued in their own thoughts as I drifted back into the shadows and out of the hallway. They had a road a head of them that was for sure. I was not sure if I should be happy they might end the game or sad they would speed eternity with a life like mine.

In my spare time, James and I would go out. We spent hours just talking. We sleep in the same bed ever night but had not been intimate again since that first night. We kissed and held each other but I think both of us knew this was temporary and I would be moving on.

I knew my time here was coming to an end. It had been a month just like last time. I really did not want to leave James but just as with Darin something told me they would find me again. It was their souls that I was attracted to. It was the memory of Spike they invoked in me.

Just as I feared I had a dream that last night. I was walking through a doorway when I saw a young man stop another man from being hit by a truck. I had seen him move faster than any vamp or slayer I knew of. I saw that I was outside of a place that sold newspapers. When I woke up James knew something was wrong. I clung to him desperately as I cried knowing I would never see him in this time and place again. Today I must say my good byes and caught a bus. Today I must move on to where my journey leads me.

James and I made love that morning. We did not talk, no tearful goodbyes, no words we did not mean. I said goodbye to Gus and Connor and wished them well. They told me to remember all they had taught me and they would do the same. James hugged me and kissed me before I got on the bus headed west. “I love you guys and we will meet again somewhere some how, so don’t lose your heads” I yelled out before taking my seat. Most of the passengers looked at me as if I was crazy.

One man though made a motion for me to sit next to him. I don’t know why but I did.
“I’m Jonathan. I am your guide through the next part of your journey. After talking with the PTB we think this time you can help someone else from your experience. We are headed to my hometown. My son is having trouble excepting that my death was not his fault. I think you could help him learn he cannot save everyone. He will need it for the battle he is going to be facing. It was much like yours with the First. You will not be there as long. You are not there to fight but to teach.” Jonathan said before disappearing. As I fell asleep and dreamed of the battles with Faith, Glory, and the First, then of losing Mom and coming back from the dead. I think the powers wanted those experiences fresh in my mind when I meet Jonathan’s son.
Just for fun by DragonVamp
One man though made a motion for me to sit next to him. I don’t know why but I did.

“I’m Jonathon. I am your guide through the next part of your journey. After talking with the PTB we think this time you can help someone else from your experience. We are headed to my hometown. My son is having trouble excepting that my death was not his fault. I think you could help him learn he cannot save everyone. He will need it for the battle he is going to be facing. It was much like yours with the First. You will not be there as long. You are not there to fight but to teach.” Jonathan said before disappearing. As I fell asleep and dreamed of the battles with Faith, Glory, and the First, then of losing Mom and coming back from the dead. I think the powers wanted those experiences fresh in my mind when I meet Jonathon’s son.

*****************************************

The bus stopped in a city not much unlike L.A. This was the city I had seen in my dream. It did not take long before I found myself outside of the Daily Planet. This is the newspaper place from my dream. Right on time I see the super guy whom I assume is Jonathon’s son. He runs over and stops some guy from getting hit by a car. Now I don’t know either guy from Adam, well I did know Adam but lets not go there. I can see super boy’s powers rolling off of him, wait super boy, Kansas, Daily Planet, all sounding familiar, oh shit I’m in Metropolis! I’m supposed to help Superman??? Well supper boy as he can’t be but maybe 18. Well the PTB work in stranger ways I guess. Okay time to hit Smallville and find the Kent farm. I wonder how much will be the same here as in the comics or those old movies with that cute Chris guy. Something about blue eyes I guess.

I try to find a way to get to Smallville but no go. Finally I get a ride with a girl who is headed that way. I try not to act surprised when I find out her name is Lana. I asked her about Clark and she got very protective. I was not surprised, I told her I was a distant cousin and had just heard about Jonathon’s death. “I lost my Mom when I was about his age and I know how hard it could be without much family near by. I left school and headed this way to check on Clark and Aunt Martha. Dad would kill me if he knew I was here. He didn’t talk to Aunt Martha much, something about someone name Luther or something.” I told her hoping she bought it.

She got quiet as if thinking. “So what were you taking at school?” I knew this check recheck method well and I told a bit of the truth for plausibility, “Psychology! My folks split when I was a kid. Mom got my sister and I. When she died I was left with my sister to look after. Dad was gone a lot and did not have time for kids. Once my sister graduated, Dad sent us both off to college and sold our house. Sis is doing well in London with friends of the family and going to Oxford. I stayed in New York with friends of my own. I thought about Aunt Martha often but was to scared of my Dad to ask for her number. I was hoping they would not mind a surprise visit.” As I hoped Lana seemed to believe me and even drove me to the Kent farm.

She did not stay as she said she had things to do, felt to me more like she was avoiding someone. For her benefit I met the red head at the door and tried to let her know to play along, “Aunt Martha, It’s me Buffy. I just heard about Uncle Jonathon. I don’t care what problems Dad has, you came to see me when my Mom died so I’m here to help you and Clark now” I announced loud enough for anyone else who may be listening to hear. Martha was a bit nervous but went along with it.

She wrapped me in a hug, “Oh my it’s good to see you. I wish you had called we would have made a room for you. Clark will be back any moment. Thank you Lana for giving her a ride out here” Martha said as she waved bye to the small brunette. While she hugged me I whispered to her that I was a friend and needed to speak with her and Kal-El alone. Surprisingly she was still calm as she nodded understanding. “Lois this is a distant cousin of Clarks. Buffy will be staying with us for a few days.” Martha said looking back at me. I nodded and she continued, “Why don’t you visit Chloe tonight while Clark and I get Buffy settled.” Martha suggested.

Lois looked at me suspiciously, “Your Clarks cousin hmmm?” she asked. I knew where this was going so I answered before she could ask, “Aunt Martha’s mom and My Grandmom grew up together. They were closer than sisters. If fact they looked so much alike so thought they were. Any way, I grew up knowing Martha as my aunt. She and Mom were kinda close until my Dad had a falling out with Uncle Jonathan over something to do with a guy or a business deal or something. I haven’t seen them in years, but once I heard about Uncle Jonathan I had to come. I knew she was in Smallville so I figured if I could get here I could find her. It’s a good thing I ran into Lana. I was not sure how I was going to get here.” My answer seemed to appease her for the time being. I still could not believe I was talking to Martha Kent and Lois Lane.

Lois went to see Chloe and I sat down to talk to Martha before Clark got home. As soon as we were alone I saw her change. Gone was the sweet lady I met when I arrived and in her place was a lioness ready to protect her cub. “Okay who are you and why are you here?” She demanded. I could not help but giggle. I stopped at the furious and confused look I was getting from Martha. “Calm down Mrs. Kent. I am Buffy Summers and I have an amazing story for you but for some reason I think you and Clark will believe the truth. I would like to wait until you are both here to really explain but let me tell you first that I neither bring or intend to bring any harm to you or your family. Also know that I am not Kryptonian and I do not work for or with Jor-El. I also have not ties to the Luthor family. Beyond that the hardest part to believe will be that Jonathan sent me.” I told her. She calmed down a bit as curiosity took over.

“Well Ms. Summers I must say you have my attention.” She said sounding like the senator she was. “Where come from our high powers are called the Powers that Be. I come from a universe full of real monsters and demons that most people are ignorant about. I was born with the ability to stop them. No one was to know about my sacred duty or me. I was the one person in the entire world with the abilities to match the demons. I have great strength, speed, agility, and accelerated healing. I was called, or rather my powers manifested when I was fifteen. I am what is called a Slayer. I am the oldest and longest lasting on record. I can explain more about that later. I have fought back the darkness and evil in my world every night since gaining my powers. I have help from my friends. They are average people who see the monsters and cannot sit by and do nothing. To me they are the true heroes. I lost my mom to cancer not long ago and had to take care of my little sister. I had to quit school and find a job and fulfill my duty. It has been a struggle but I made it through and I am stronger for it.” I paused and looked into her eyes, “Jonathan and the Powers That Be, sent me to help Clark. There is a great battle coming in his life and to face it he will need to learn a few things. I must help him accept certain truths, like that his father’s death was not his fault.”

Martha looked at me with the eyes of a Mother again. This time they held none of the fire I saw before. This time it was more pride and compassion of a Mother looking on a daughter, “Ms. Summers, you are right. As weird as it sounds I do believe you. Let’s more about what you have told me and see what we wish to tell Clark. I don’t know if all of your story will be as good for him to hear if your going to help him, and call me Aunt Martha. I liked that.” “Only if you call me Buffy.” I smiled at her, she had a lot in common with my mom, but I guess a lot of moms are like that…………or they should be.

We talked for a while before Clark got home. I told her a bit about my mom and what a slayer was and we spoke of what to tell Clark. “Hey Mom, you here. Lois said we had company. I wanted to make sure everything was okay.” Clark said as he came into the room with the two women. He looked at me and I at him for a few moments.

“Clark this is Buffy. She is a friend of your fathers and you can trust her. I want you to listen to what she has to say. She will be staying with us for a few days. As far as anyone knows she is a distant cousin who has come to check on us after hearing about Jonathan’s death.” Martha said as she left the two alone.

Clark looked at me suspiciously. “Look I’ll tell you like I told your mom. I am not here to harm you or bring any harm to you family. I was sent here because the Powers that Be thought I could help you. If you give me a chance to explain and you promise to keep my secret.” I said and saw him visible relax a bit. “My name is Buffy Summers and I come from another universe, another dimension I think as well. I am a warrior who fights forces of evil,” I told him about being a Slayer and what that meant. I told him a bit about my life including dealing with my mother’s death. He seemed to take it all okay.

“You expect me to believe you have strength, speed and agility near mine but your not a meteor freak and not from Krypton? Prove it.” Clark said as he lead me to the barn. I smiled, as it seemed yet again I would have a good sparing partner.

We had been sparing for a bit when I felt something was off. I stopped and gave Clark a look he seemed to understand. I found a place to hide and watched at something in the form of Jonathan Kent came into the barn. It told Clark some of what happened the night Jonathan died. He tried to tell Clark to kill the man he said was responsible. Before Clark could respond I stepped forward.

“Be gone foul one. You wear the form of a loved one but I see through you. You are a minion of the ship you serve, nothing more than a program.” I told the being be fore speaking an Elvish spell, “Show your true form” It was something Daran had taught me and it worked. I gasp as I saw the man before me change. I almost lost my hold over my emotions as Spikes face showed forth on the being. His hair was dark but it was still my Spike, only this time it was pure demon with no humanity in it. Clark did gasp as he spoke, ”Professor Fine?” The minion looked at me ignoring Clark. “Your good? Are you Kryptionian too? No your something different aren’t you.” He said as he advanced on me.

I got into a fighting stance as he began to stalk me in true Spike like fashion, but I had danced this dance before. I let my Master Slayer out to play before speaking to Clark, “Clark don’t worry I got this and remember what I said before ‘cause you might not like what your about to see.” The being before me raised his eyebrow. It was the held the same scar and the expression was so like my big bad I sighed. That really confused the thing calling its self Professor Fine.

He came at me with his advanced speed but I moved. He tried to hit be but I dodged each attempt. I knew it was just testing my abilities. After a bit of ducking and dodging I pressed the offensive. I landed a punch and kick that took it by surprise. My slayer was having fun with this one. After a bit he noticed we were evenly matched. No one but Spike had been so much my equal. I missed him more in that moment.

Fine backed off a bit and smirked, “What are you little one? How do you seem to know my moves before I do?” It asked in awe and confusion. It was my turn to smirk, “We have danced before. In another place and time. I know your true self. I know your more than what you were created to be. I hope one day you realize it and become you own person and not a slave to your master.” With that the thing nodded and took off at top speed leaving the Kent farm. I looked up at Clark who stood there with his mouth open. I realized I was still in Slayer mode and changed back.

“Clark, I told you what I am. I also told you I would not allow harm to come to you or your family while I am here. I happen to know a lot of things about you and more about him than he does.” I said trying to calm the fear I felt in him. Clark gave me an intense look, “He had a good story when we first met too. Trying to be my friend, saving my life, sharing in the burden of my secret. Why should I believe you?” I sighed and stepped toward him.

“Clark, I know you had abilities you have not discovered and I know some will come with time but I want to help you learn one now. Look at me.” He did and I continued. “Concentrate hard and look at me until what you see fades and what is true remains.” Clark stared for a bit then gasp, “I don’t know how and I see nothing but I feel the good in you. How is that possible? What was all that stuff about knowing Fine?”

“Clark, Fine is a version of my soul mate in my world. I have traveled to a few places on my journey. In my world he was a Vampire who sought to do good. Against his very nature he sought redemption because he loved me. In the first world I visited he was an Elf. That side of him was full of what was The soul of my Love. On the next he was human and was everything human about my love. Here he is pure demon and all that was evil inside my champion. In every evil thing there is good and in every good there is evil. It is what balances life. I have seen enough to know that ones nature can be over come if they are strong enough. I have given him something to think about. He is a sentient being and capable of making choices no mater what he was created from or for. He must choose, just as you do daily. You could get up one day and decide to use your powers to take over this world and rule. The ability is there but everyday you chose instead to help humanity. You fight on the side of light. You can not save them all but a wise person once said that for evil to win all it takes is for one person to do nothing. We do what we do because we can.” He seemed to understand.

“Now we need to talk about your fathers. I know Jonathan was a great dad and he taught you to be a good man. You have to realize that in his own way you real father is trying to do the same. I do not agree with all of his methods but he is trying to preserve his people through you and help you learn what you must to prepare you for the battle ahead. You must allow him to help you but you must also help him to rediscover humanity.” Clark was silent for a few moments but nodded and then smiled. “Can you teach me a bit while your still here?” I grinned as well.

Over the next few days we trained and talked. I enjoyed staying with Martha. I came to find I like Lois too. She reminded me of a cross between Cory and Faith at time but a little bit of Tara too. Martha reminded me so much of Mom that it hurt. I also met Chloe. She is a piece of work. She is kind of like Willow was in high school. In my world she would make a great watcher. It was almost like hanging with the Scoobies, but with no demon attacks. Oh there was stuff going on. We had to worry about what Fine was up to and deal with the guy Clark had save. He turned out to be a meteor freak and an assassin to boot. What he did not expect was Clark being helped by a Slayer with Magic. I simply made it easy for Clark to see him when he went invisible. All I actually did was teach Clark to see in another way. With his Xray vision and heat vision he was able to look for the guys heat signature and boom, got ‘em.

Before long the week was over and I had a vision that told me to go to San Francisco. I told them all good bye and caught another bus as I wondered what this next world would have in store for me. Would it be like this one where the stories are real or like the ones before where the stories are only similar, or would it be like home? I drifted off to sleep while my mind tried to process what was going to happen.


I woke up as the Bus pulled into the terminal. I did not remember the trip after leaving Smallville. I had no guide so far this time and no clue where to go. I felt the presence of demons near by. I knew I needed to find some shelter fast. I took what little money I had and found a room for the night as I hoped the PTB would send me a clue soon as to where I was and who I was to met here.

Meanwhile, a man was on his cell phone at the bus terminal. “Sir, We have someone we might want to keep an eye on. I don’t know what she is or why she is here but something about her scares me. I have someone on her Sir but I think she can feel us. She looked around when she got of the bus and made everyone here before seeking shelter fast. She could be a hunter of some sort. Yes Sir, I’ll keep you posted.” The man hung up the phone and turned red eyes on his partner. “Let’s go”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=18992