For you I will by slaymuch
Summary: Buffy and Spike are best of friends since childhood. Spike's secretly inlove with Buffy, but his fear of losing her friendship had compelled him to keep mum about it . Despite his daily dose torment of keeping it platonic between them, he was content for a while until the day came that Buffy got engaged to Riley Finn.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 47 Completed: Yes Word count: 99167 Read: 68223 Published: 06/28/2006 Updated: 04/27/2007

1. Hearts and Butterflies by slaymuch

2. Moving On (Part 1) by slaymuch

3. Realizations by slaymuch

4. The Guy In Question by slaymuch

5. What I can't have (part 1) by slaymuch

6. What I can't have (part 2) by slaymuch

7. Misunderstanding by slaymuch

8. Mom's Intuition by slaymuch

9. A Birthday Wish by slaymuch

10. Anything by slaymuch

11. Underneath It All by slaymuch

12. Caught in the Act by slaymuch

13. The Strange girlfriend (part 1) by slaymuch

14. The Strange Girlfriend (Part 2) by slaymuch

15. Second Chance by slaymuch

16. Moving On (Part Two) by slaymuch

17. Getting Ready by slaymuch

18. The real me by slaymuch

19. Into the character by slaymuch

20. Nemesis by slaymuch

21. Chemistry by slaymuch

22. Past Uglies by slaymuch

23. Unmixy by slaymuch

24. The peck by slaymuch

25. The Reunion by slaymuch

26. Picture Perfect by slaymuch

27. Decisions by slaymuch

28. Kiss and Tell by slaymuch

29. Intervention by slaymuch

30. Meet the parents by slaymuch

31. Letting Go by slaymuch

32. Truth or Dare (Part One) by slaymuch

33. Truth or Dare (Part two) by slaymuch

34. Accepting Fate by slaymuch

35. Behind Blue Eyes- Part One by slaymuch

36. Behind Blue Eyes (Part two) by slaymuch

37. The Letter by slaymuch

38. The Big Picture by slaymuch

39. First Time by slaymuch

40. Loving you by slaymuch

41. The Scheme by slaymuch

42. In the palm of your hand by slaymuch

43. Missing by slaymuch

44. Goodbye by slaymuch

45. Unexpected by slaymuch

46. The Truth by slaymuch

47. Full Circle by slaymuch

Hearts and Butterflies by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
I know that that the tree house setting had been used so many times but I just couldn't resist. When I first heard Teddy Geiger's Song For you I will, this story just came to mind. This is my very first attempt at a Spuffy fanfic so please be kind :-)
Flashback, 12 years ago at 1630 Revello Drive, Sunnydale


At the sound of the doorbell, 33-year old Joyce Summers hurriedly came down the stairs to open door for their expected guests.

“Hi I’m Joyce! “ Joyce greeted the couple at her doorstep. “Please come in!”

“Thanks.” They told her as they went inside. “I’m Rupert Giles but you can just call me Giles and this is my wife, Jenny.”

“Well, I’m so glad to finally meet you. ” She told them as she gave them both a warm hug. “ Please have a seat. Hank will be right down in sec.”

*****************


”You have a lovely home, Joyce.” Jenny complimented. “I like what you did with it, especially the paintings. You must tell which store you got them from. They’re so beautiful.”


”Why thank you.” Joyce grinned. “ Well actually, I own a gallery not far from here and most of these paintings you see are my personal work.”

“Really?” Giles’ said as he went to examine the two paintings right next to Joyce. It was a painting of a backyard much similar to theirs, only this one has a tree house. “You got some real good talent there, Joyce. You’ve done a great job with it.”

“I agree.” Jenny joined in, noticing at the same time that both of the pictures had the same little girl and the same tree house in it. While the first one showed the girl, looking down from the window, the other showed her sitting on the tire swing below it, smiling widely. “This must be your daughter.”

“Yes.” Joyce replied. “ How did you-“

“Hank told us that you have kid who has the same age as ours.” Jenny intercepted, never taking her eyes away from the painting.

She really appears to like the painting so much, Joyce thought to herself before she took one of the two paintings off the wall and handed it to them.

“Here. Call it our welcoming present.”

“B-but this has a picture of your daughter. We couldn’t possibly- “ Giles stammered.

“Well almost all of my paintings have my daughter in it anyway. Honestly, this one falls under the list of my favorite ones, but I would still love for you to have it. ”

The couple looked at each other, practically stunned at her kind gesture.

“Are you sure?” Jenny asked.


“Yes, I’m really sure.” Joyce told them happily as they all sat together on the couch.

“Thanks. This is erm… too much but we’re honored to have it. We promise to take really good care of it.” Giles assured their neighbor.


" You know, "Joyce started to change the subject in attempt to ease the building awkwardness. " I noticed that you sounded a bit-"



"British?" Giles continued for her.



" Well I was going to say different but yeah. You guys didn't move all the way from Europe, did you?"



Jenny sighed. " Well as matter of fact, we did."

**************



Minutes later, a man with bigger built than Giles, joined them in the living room.

“Wonderful! We’re so glad that you could join us for dinner. How’s the unpacking coming along?”


Hank Summers had stumbled upon them when he came home from work the day before. He had offered his help when it came to his attention that the family is seriously lacking in the muscles department.



“I hear you Hank,” Jenny joined in. “ I look at all those boxes and I could tell it’s going to take us a lot more than just a few days to take them all out.”



“Well, just say the word, Jenny and I’ll be happy to lend you a hand.” Joyce offered amicably.


“Why thanks, Joyce! We’re so lucky to have moved to such a nice neighborhood.”


“Very nice indeed.” Giles added. “ Just look at what Joyce gave us a welcoming present.” He told Hank. “We love it but we told her that we’re not really sure if we should take since this one got an image of your daughter-“


“Nonsense!” Hank protested. “ We actually have more than a dozen of that all around the house. Joyce love making our daughter as the subject of most of her paintings.”

The rest of them chuckled.

“Well speaking of our daughter. Hank told me that you have son named William. Where is he by the way?”

******************

William Giles hated that they had to move.


When he first received the news that they were moving to another country, he’d been devastated. Mostly, for the reason that he didn’t want to leave his friends behind. Not that there were many of them but they were still his friends and the thought that he had to start anew and make new friends again completely bothered him.


He was told then that they were moving to another country but it had never once occurred to him that they had to take an airplane in order to get there. With a 24 time zone differential from his old place… whatever that means.



After his daddy lost his job at a university in London 3 months ago, life had been really tough. His parents however had tried all they could to protect him from knowing the extent of their family’s financial struggle. What they didn't know then was that William could very well sense that his family was far from being okay. There were more than several occasions where he'd accidentally overheard his parents arguing. He couldn't actually make out what they have been about but he had definitely heard some yelling in the mix particularly at night when they’d thought that he’d already fallen asleep.


He heard from kids he knew about parents who lived separately due to problems his 6-year old mind couldn’t fully understand. He just assumed it has something to do with money but whatever the real reason was, the thought of losing either of his parents terrifies him to the core.



And so, he’d been elated to find out later that his mom and dad had managed to get a job in a local school in Sunnydale, California. At first he was happy. But when found out that California happens to be halfway across the world, he got furious.


Although he was still feeling a little angry right after the move, he couldn’t help but feel a little relieved. His two parents were going to stay together and to William’s young and innocent mind, nothing else in the world mattered.


When William met the head of the Summers’ household the day before, he had overheard him mentioning it to his parents that they also have a kid almost his age.


If it wasn’t for his incessant brooding that day, he could have had at least asked for the kid’s name or let alone his gender. But noooo, instead he had chosen to keep his tiny mouth shut and went on with his task of pretending to be an inanimate object, which he probably did a very good job of doing since no one bothered to talk him after that.



He could very well be in fact a boy like him. Well, that thought certainly cheered him up a bit. Smiling to himself, a thought had suddenly occurred to him as the three of them were already standing at the front porch of Mr. Summers’ house. He realized that he should have brought his new toy truck that he got for his birthday last week. He then told his mom and dad that he needed to go back to the house. And when they agreed, he had practically ran like the wind to get it from his bedroom.



In a flash, he was back and was about to enter the Summers home when he heard an undistinguishable sound that had him stopped dead in his tracks.



He looked around but no one else was there but him. Interesting. Deciding that it was just probably his mind that was playing tricks on him, he moved to enter the opened door and just then, the sound started again only this time it was a little more audible than before. Was that a whimper he just heard?

There it goes again.

Someone was definitely crying.


Curious, he decided to follow the source of those heart-wrenching sobs.


He eventually found himself at the Summers’ backyard and almost instantly, something had caught his eye that made his young blue eyes twinkle with delight.


Well what do you know! There’s tree house in their neighbor’s backyard! It has got to be the most beautiful tree house he has ever seen! It even has its own play yard. underneath it. He couldn’t believe his luck. All at once, his vision were filled with thoughts of the faceless boy and him playing the game of Fire station for endless of hours.



There it went again. The sound. He’s most definitely sure now that it was coming from the tree house.



He fleetingly scratched his light curly brown hair and contemplated whether to just to leave the poor kid alone. On the other hand, who was he kidding? He is a seven year old boy after old after all. Not like he ever cared about invading someone else’s privacy and such!


So he slowly climbed up the ladder in the center of the log and pulled himself up through the trap door and snuck inside the playhouse. Soon enough, he already found himself face to face with his mysterious friend that he was hoping to be a boy. Only he wasn’t. William tilted his head in amusement as his eyes rested upon the helpless looking girl with long blond hair that extended beyond her shoulders.


He wished he could see here face, but it was still partially hidden by her knees that she hugged tightly to herself. For a minute, he stood not knowing what to do and just stared at her helpless tiny form.






When she sensed somebody else’s presence, she became alarmed and shot her head up to see who it was.



Blue eyes were suddenly met by teary green ones. “Wh- who are you?” She managed to ask between sniffles.



“H- Hi ! “ William moved closer and sat beside her. “I’m uh Wil-yum. I live next door.”



Buffy blinked. It took her a moment to realize what the boy was trying to say. Oh. He’s the new neighbor my mommy and daddy were talking about . “I’m Buffy. " Came her soft small voice. "Y- you sound different, Will-yum.”



“I’m English. You know erm… like James Bond.”



“Huh?”



“Ne’er mind. Why are you cryin’, pet?”




Buffy looked at him warily before she burst into another set of tears.



William began to panic when the little girl resumed with her crying. “Buffy, stop. You could tell me what’s wrong, My da tells me am a good lis-ner.” … If my ears were still working, he added mentally.” You could tell me anything.”



Despite his missing two front teeth, William Giles could be quite the little charmer if he wanted to. He then gave her his lost puppy look. It was the same look that he would often use with his mom whenever he wanted to ask for a new toy or wanted stay-up a little later than he normally should.



Amazingly, Buffy had found herself trying to control her sobs. “I did something bad.”



“What was it?” He had moved the strands that partly concealed her young face and gently tucked it behind her left ear. “ I swear on my nana’s grave that I won’t tell anybody, “



“Your granny already went to heaven?”



“Well actually no.“ William answered with a sigh. “ It’s just something I would hear grown-ups sayin’.”



Finally, Buffy brought an end to her tears and William felt himself mesmerized when he saw the tiny smile that was beginning to form on her lips. It reminded him so much of the angels that his mom would to talk to him about. They said that they were all beautiful. He wondered if they could ever be as beautiful as the girl before him. “I- I love butterflies and hearts.”



Buffy quickly continued when she saw the confused that look she got from William, “Mommy has a bracelet with hearts and butterflies. It was pretty and she told me not to play with it.”



William’s eyes went wide when he realized what she was trying to say. “You broke it?”



She nodded. “But I didn’t mean to.”



“Told your mom yet?”



“No.” She replied curtly, her tears threatening to spill again.



“S’ ok , pet. I’m pretty sure she’ll forgive you.”



Buffy’s face brightened-up. “You think so?”



“I know so.”



“Really?”



“I swear on my nana’s grave.”



Buffy grinned as she realized that his left hand was hidden behind his back the whole time. “ What do you have on your other hand, Will-yum?”



He smirked and showed her the toy truck. Buffy’s smile grew even brighter.


Angel, his mind beamed proudly.


“Let’s play, Will-yum “ she stood up and bounced happily, taking the toy truck with her.



And she plays with boys’ toys too, he thought cheerfully as he quickly followed after his angel with a goofy grin on his face.





TBC
Moving On (Part 1) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Hi! It's me again :-) Thanks for making time to read my story.

Please note that although this is a college fic most of the settings won't be happening inside the campus. Also, let make it clear that I love Anya's character and if she comes out a bit more annoying than usual in this chapter it would only be for the purpose of humor :-)
Present time, Cafe Rayne

" I don't know how much more of this I can take!" Anya whimpered.


They’ve been sitting across each other at the bistro section while they wait for their friend, Buffy to join them at their usual hang-out just outside of UC Sunnydale. Anya was just down to her third sip of her favorite chocolatey goodness when she grunted once again. With a very much impatient tone, she’d thrown Willow the same question for the 4th time within the short 7 minutes they they’ve spent together. “What’s taking Buffy so long?”


Willow who couldn't really stand Anya's customary outburst of self-centeredness had chosen to bury herself in some of latest NY fashion catalogues. Currently, she's setting her eyes upon a pair of Marc Jacob shoes that's on sale too. Not even Anya whose tactlessness and masterful kills in provoking the mildest of the mild mannered would get to her now.


“I can’t believe we have to wait this long. “ Anya paused to look at her watch. “Didn’t we all agreed to come here at 3:30? It’s already freaking 3:32! I mean that girl obviously doesn’t think of anybody but herself!”


Okay. That itty bitty last part got into Willow. The redhead rolled her eyes up as she temporarily disengaged her self from her reading material. “Anya, why don’t we give Buffy another good 20 minutes before we go a little judgy on her,” she told her sarcastically.


Willow and Anya never really got along when it comes to....well practically everything. Anya's dominant and callous attitude towards everyone she came across with has shattered Willow's teeny-weeny resolve of ever wanting to be her close friend.


Before, it had always been just the 4 of them, Willow Rosenberg, Xander Harris, Buffy Summers and Spike Giles. At the beginning of their freshman year in College, Willow and Xander dated for a while until things between started to fall apart, leaving a big scar on their relationship that almost ended their long standing friendship. Initially, it took months of meddling from Buffy and Spike to get them to be around each other again. Things have been quite tensed among them for a while until Willow found herself another point of interest in the likes of Daniel Osborne or otherwise known as Oz to the entire school body, a fellow student and also a lead guitarist for Sunnydale's famous band called Dingoes Ate My Baby. Xander on the other hand had moved on lately with Anya Emmanuel Jenkins.


Despite the fact that Anya belonged with the rich and popular crowd of Cordelia Chase, Drusilla Thompson and Harmony Kendall, the two found an immediate attraction to each other thanks to the ever reliable matchmaking medium that is chemistry lab. One day they've been assigned as lab partners and the next thing they know, they were all over each other in Xander's basement . From that day on, Anya and Xander had been pretty much inseparable.


There were times when she wondered immensely what on earth did Xander ever saw in her. Willow never liked the idea of allowing Anya to be part of their so called "average" troop but her best friend and ex-boyfriend had practically begged for her blessing. She had relented eventually of course. It's only right that Xander got his second chance at love. She's glad that he is able to move on as well.


“It’s easy for you to say that when you obviously have something to occupy you with. What are you looking at anyway?”


Willow ignored her again and resumed to taking down the code of the shoes that she's currently keen on. There goes my allowance for the rest of the year, she grumbled to herself.


“Uh, these young Americans nowadays. Drowning themselves into mindless consumerism….”


“Sitting right here.” Willow drawled. ” Weren’t you always have been the one who went on and on about how patriotic capitalism is? "The red head went on, making her best imitation of Anya's voice as she did an impression of her famously known high and mighty remark. "A free market dependant on the profitable exchange of goods for currency. A system of symbiotic beauty you say.”


“Well that was around that period when I was still at the receiving end of those profits”, She referred to the time when she co-owned a book shop with Giles. “Now my perception of it has suitably changed for the better. I’ve been reading articles on how capitalism could eventually lead to monopoly, imperialism and some other forms of human exploitation and economic misuse and by the way, that's not how I sound.”


Willow made an exasperated sigh. If Buffy doesn’t get there soon, she'll probably lose it.


Without hesitation, Anya roughly grabbed two catalogues from the redhead and started browsing through them.


“Hey!” Willow protested.


“Look at those shirt. I mean I have tons of them but I don’t care whether they were bought from Abercrombie & Fitch or - Ooh lookie! A Jimmy Choo spring clearance sale!”


++++++++++++++++++++

Not long after Anya’s constant whining, Willow's brief and yet unbearable torment finally ended when Buffy showed up.


“Oh thank goodness!” Willow and Anya both exclaimed at the same time.


“Sorry for the slight tardiness fellas. I had to stop by at my mom’s, tell her the good news and oh, dropped some laundry too.” Buffy told them thoughtfully as she went to grab the stool beside Willow.


“What is it? What's the good news?” the redhead queried, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.


“Yeah, tell us now," Anya demanded. " Xander’s going be here any second. He promised to take me to a movie so we could make out at the very back of the theatre before he meets with Spike later today.”


Buffy and Willow both scrunched their faces in disgust over the picture Anya had just painted.


"Oookay." Willow piped, I so desperately need to get rid of that icky visual now! " Go on Buffy, tell us the news "


Buffy took a deep breath before she moved on to making announcement. "I know that this might sound sudden, but before you go lecture me about how drastic my decisions are and oh don’t even consider the possibility of me being Pregnant Buffy, let me tell you right away that I'm in no way possibly pregnant. I am not-"


"Buffy?" Anya interrupted.


"Yeah?"


"You're babbling. "


"Oh. Right."


"Okay, take short deep breaths first." Willow advised. "Now tell us what you meant when you said you're not pregnant. I mean we already know you're not...Are you? " Willow hesitated then went on, "Of course not. Unless you want to. Do you want to?"


"No!" Buffy said sharply." I have no intention of becoming pregnant...well at least, not right away."


"You're not making any sense." Anya informed her.


"What I mean to tell you is that. " Buffy paused hesitating for a moment before she finally blurted out, "Riley and I are getting married."


Buffy brazed herself for her friends' daunting reaction. Much to her relief, what she saw was a look of pure exhilaration spreading across their faces.


Anya made an enthusiastic squeal while Willow flung her arms around her best friend to give her firm warm hug. “Oh Buffy we’re so happy for you.” She said sincerely.


"Wills?"


"Yeah?"


"Kinda need oxygen here."


"Sorry." Willow apologized as she abruptly let go of the tiny blonde.


“We’re glad that you’ve decided to make it more official with your orgasm friend." Anya added, patting her on the back.


“Thank you! Your support means so much to me.” Buffy told them seriously " You guys wanna have a look at the ring?"


" Oh yes!"


"Absolutely!"


Almost instantly, the two got caught in a trance at the sight of the new shiny platinum diamond ring on Buffy's finger.


"Oh my God!" Anya gasped. "I'm surprised you could still even lift your finger, judging from the size of that rock!"


Willow was flabbergasted. "Buffy! That must've cost a fortune! Wow !"


"Actually Riley said he wanted to give me those made to order types from their family's own jeweler but he said he couldn't wait so he just got me this instead."


"I heard those types you need to order are really really expensive," Anya mused. "But how much does this one cost?"


"Well he said this one cost about..." She cautiously looked around her before she continued softy " Twenty thousand dollars. "


"Twenty thousand? " Anya mouthed excitedly. " Are you kidding me!!!!"


" Are you sure you want to carry something that expensive around the school campus?" Willow told her thoughtfully.


"Riley assured me that there's no problem in replacing it just in case I lose it. God! I could already picture myself losing it 'cause I'm such a klutz! Anyhow, I'm still undecided. Among other things, I'm not loving the idea of me getting mugged in the alley...which our town seemed have a lot of. I think I just might put this in a safety box or something."


Willow couldn't stop staring at her ring. "Wow, you're one lucky gal. That is some birthday present you got there!"


"I know! " Buffy went on breathlessly. " We were just having my pre-birthday dinner last night at his place and next thing I know, he was getting on his knees and asking me to marry him. So I said yes and then he put this huge and expensive sparkly thingy on my finger!"


"Wow!" Willow rambled "Gosh! Wow!... I mean Wow, Riley's really something, isn't he?"


" He is. Riley is so... reliable. He's been so good to me ever since we got together. That man has everything a woman could ever want…and didn’t I tell you that he comes from a very rich family?”


“Only a thousand and one times. " Anya muttered. "But who's counting?" She went on quickly as she saw the disapproving look on Willow's face. " And I have to second Willow's endless wows for that is indeed one fine looking diamond ring."


“So when is the big date?” The redhead asked. “Is it after graduation?”


“Well actually he wants us to do it sooner. He wanted to have us tie the knot before the end of this school year.”


“Oh.” Willow and Anya both said in unison.


"Well are YOU ok with that?" Anya asked.


Noticing the shocked expression that her friends made, she went on to assure them, ”I know I just turned 20 years old today, but I think we’re doing the right thing. Anyway, he told me his parents are already coming over during the break."


Willow held back a comment as she caught on with her friend's version of "Too late. My boyfriend already made the decision for me."


“Hey guys I just heard the most ear piercing scream ever while I was on my way here. What happened?” came Xander's apprehensive tone as he suddenly showed up from behind them. He looked so exhausted and sweaty from doing all that running all the way from the library. He knows just how cranky Anya would get whenever he doesn’t arrive on time.


He grabbed the stool next to Anya while she entangled her hand with his. She whispered to him sweetly “You could have my shake, Xander."


Xander smiled his thanks, then asked " So is there any of you guys who would like to tell me what's going on?"


"Oh! An amazing thing happened!" Anya chirped eagerly." Buffy and Riley are getting married."


Xander almost choked on the chocolate shake Anya just gave him.


“I'm sorry could you repeat that again?” he asked. “I couldn’t have heard you right because I could’ve sworn you said Buffy’s getting married.”


“I AM getting married. Really Xander, what’s so outrageous about that?” came Buffy's offended tone.


“My apologies Buffster. It's just ....I didn’t expect it this soon.” He approached Buffy to give her a warm hug. ”Congratulations, Buff!”


Anya now grabbed Xander’s hand .” We have to go guys! All that engagement talk got me a little hot and bothered. Xander and I needs to take care of that right away. See you later at the Bronze guys!”


"Bye!"


"Guess you're probably so excited about everything." Willow said, noticing her friend's faraway look.


“I don’t know. I guess I could feel the excitement building. It’s like plain old Buffy left the building and now I’m all Energized Buffy. I know I have so many things to do. I don’t even know where to start. It’s a good thing we have a wedding planner coz you know Riley doesn’t want me to fret so much about it. Did I tell you already he’s rich?”


“U-huh.” Willow replied. “He’s old reliable and rich Riley Finn. I know that he loves you, so much that there's no doubt in my mind that he'll take good care of you, sweetie. You're lucky. Not all people are blessed to be with the one they want. No siree. And don't you dare worry about what the others might say. The important thing is that you're happy and that you’re going to live the rest of your life with the man you love.”


And with that last comment, Willow had told her, all of Buffy’s resolve began to shatter. Her once lively face immediately got distorted and within seconds, she found herself bursting into a flood of tears.


"Buffy?" came Willow's concerned voice.


“Oh Wills. What am I going to do?”



TBC




A/N: First of all, I want to say that you guys have been awesome. Thanks to everyone for giving me such wonderful feedbacks. Especially from some of writers of this Spuffy site whose remarkable work I'd never cease to admire. I feel bad though that this would be the last chapter I would be able post for this week. I have to make preparations for our camping trip this weekend. Happy fourth of July guys! 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please don't be confused if you don't see Part two of Moving on in the next chapter. Moreover, you might not even see it till after 6 or 7 chapters  are done. I hope you guys will stick around to see how it all comes together. Thanks again for your support.  
Realizations by slaymuch
Chapter Three - “Realizations”

Flashback, Six years ago

In her bedroom, 14 year old Buffy clutched Mr. Gordo tightly to herself as the sound of the harsh rain started pouring heavily over her rooftop.

It’s been 3 hours since she'd gotten ready for bed and slipped into her favorite yummy sushi pajamas and yet, sleep would not come. She felt restless and uneasy. Strangely, it has nothing to do with the storm that was beginning to unfold outside her window.


So much like the previous nights before, her continuously agitated mind filled her with images of a boy of whom she cared so much about…probably even more than she would ever admit to herself.


A month already went by and still she could remember it so vividly like it was yesterday when she had stood by his side under the gray cloudy skies. One of her hands held his as they watched them gently lowered his mother's coffin to the ground.

Buffy knew how much Jenny meant to William. Losing Jenny was more than just losing his mom. It was like losing big part of him. It is for this reason that on the day of Jenny’s burial, Buffy made a silent vow to forever look after her son no matter what it takes.


William clutched her hand even more tightly. In spite of not having any tears in his eyes, the way he looked at her made her heart ache at the amount of emotions hidden behind them. 10 years together as best friends and never had she seen him looked so vulnerable and so withdrawn. She knew he needed someone. He needed her. But William chose to disappear from her life after that day.




When Buffy first discovered that William had been skipping school after his mom died, she would constantly look for him in his house, but she would always end up talking to Giles who obviously had to come up with all sorts of excuses just to keep her from being upset. Needless to say, it didn't work.

It hurt. Badly.

She tried calling him so many times but she would either be told he's asleep or out with some friends. Apparently, they were his so called "new friends" that she knew nothing about as she have lately discovered with Willow and Xander. To her dismay, William had chosen to ignore her and all she could do is wonder helplessly about his whereabouts and worry about what he could be doing with the kind of people he had chosen to hang out with.


Although, she understood that William needed some time to be alone to grieve, she still couldn't help feeling hurt and most of all, forgotten. There's nothing more that she could ever want than to be able to be there for William during one of the toughest moments of his life.


God knows how much she missed him. She missed hearing his voice… his laughter. She missed their endless exchange of playful banter. She missed the way he would tilt his head to the side and show her his all too knowing smirk. But most of all, the thing that she really missed were the times that he spent the night with her in her bed.


Snuggling had always been at the top of their favorite ‘Spike and Buffy’ things to do list. Given that they've been doing it since they were kids, they couldn't help but get used to the feeling of being around each other all the time. Whether it's a hug, a kiss on the forehead or holding each other's hand, it's just seemed natural for the rest of their friends to see them together behaving in an almost boyfriend-girlfriend kind of way even if they're not. Buffy always thought of William as the brother she never had and William always felt the same way. They've spent so much time exchanging a lot of physical affection that an entire day without any amount of touching would tend to feel strangely...wrong. And right now, that same "wrong"-ness is causing a lot of anxiety for Buffy.


Just then, a light tapping to the window slowly disrupted her from her deep thoughts. She looked up to her window and a sob almost escaped her lips when she gazed upon the cause of her relentless misery. William. Or somebody who looked like William.


She quickly wiped her tears and opened the window for him.


"My God, William! Is that you?" She exclaimed. She began to pace her room frantically. "What in the world possessed you to-" She stopped mid-sentence, her voice holding too many emotions all at once as she stared upon him." Where have you been? You had me worried sick!"


Amidst the darkness of the room, Buffy could only make out William's lean figure as he slowly took off his coat.


"What happened?" Buffy turned her lamp on and was surprised to find a much different William sitting at the very edge of her bed. Her mouth fell open as she took in the dramatic transformation in his look. Gone were his glasses and baggy clothes. Instead, it was replaced by tight black denim and a soggy black shirt that now clung to him like a second skin. His brown hair had been cut shorter and even if he was completely drenched she could see traces of blond on his dampened curls. "Will, d-did you color your hair?"


"Spike." he mumbled softly.


"What?"


"My name is Spike now."


Buffy looked at him with incredulous eyes. "Since when?"


Spike refused to answer and instead looked at her with a blank expression on his face.


Buffy heaved a sigh. Angry and frustrated, she was about to bomb him with another set of questions when she took notice of his trembling figure.


"You should get out of those clothes before you catch pneumonia."


Incidentally, Spike had some clothes left in her drawer over the countless of times he'd spent the night at her house.


"Boy you're lucky I did not throw your things in the dump the day you've decided I ceased to exist", she muttered, handing him an old gray shirt of his that she found in her bottom drawer.


When Spike made no attempt to move, Buffy's anger was immediately replaced with worry.


"Will?" Buffy went to sit beside him. It was only then that she noticed the tears that were threatening to spill from his deep blue eyes.


"William?"


"She's gone, love and it's all my fault."


Buffy mentally kicked herself for not considering what her friend must be going through. "Oh Will. It was an accident." A terrible and useless DUI accident that was caused by a drunken teenager who also died at the scene, her mind added frustratingly. " Don't you dare ever think that it's your fault, do you hear me?" Buffy told him softly as her hands went up to caress his damp curls before gently placing his head on her shoulder.


The moment he felt Buffy's arms came around him, Spike finally broke down.


" Buffy." his voice almost sounded like a plea. "P-promise me, love....that you won't... ever leave me", he managed to say between sobs.



"I won't leave you." Buffy murmured her reassurance as she planted a soft kiss on his forehead." I promise that I'll always be here for you, William. Best friends till the end, remember?"


"Right, love. Best friends till the end."


End of flashback



**********************************************************


Present Time , At the Bronze


"Did you see the look on Parker’s face when he found out why all the girls he spoke with either ended up slapping his face or making joke about his you know what.” Xander told Spike in between his uncontrollable snicker. He took the shot and missed the ball entirely. “Now look what that creep made me do.”


“I know. It was bloody priceless. “ Spike muttered as his cigarette dangled in the corner of his lips. “Although, I can’t see why you can’t mention the word- dick, Harris when you have exactly the same sodding thing dangling down in front of you! You really are such a nancy boy!”


Xander on the other hand was still stuck in his own little world of Parker Adam's mortification show that he completely missed Spike’s snide remark. “The man deserved it too. " He went on incessantly. "I mean the way he asked poor Amy on a date two weeks ago just as so he could retract his words the very next day to humiliate her is just so-“


“Lame.” Spike finished for him, picking up the chalk and rubbed it over the tip of the cue.

“Well I was going for typically stuck in high school much, but yeah.”


Spike chuckled, sinking the ball easily in the middle side-pocket . “And you not telling the boy that his fly was open when you just had your chit chat with the fella in the locker room was just brimming with maturity.” He drawled in sarcastic tone he was famously known for.

“What and miss all the fun that went along after that? Come on, you hated the guy too. Remember the time when he dated Buffy and you knocked out the porch lights out of the jerk when he tried to-”


“Don’t” He momentarily closed his blue eyes as his mind briefly showed a memory flash of his tear-stricken best friend crying her eyes out to him after Parker tried to take advantage of her on her first date. “ I nearly killed the bloody wanker.”


The way Spike’s knuckles turned almost white with the stick he was holding didn’t go unnoticed by his friend, Xander. His mind started to be filled with unwavering thoughts of his friend’s present predicament. However, he’d made a quick decision and omitted mentioning the delicate subject for the moment and immediately settled for a much lighter topic of discussion.


“By the way, Spring Break’s coming and Anya and I planning to go to Hawaii. You know you could come with us. You know what? I'll ask Willow and Oz as well so we could all go."


Spike's face instantly brightened in spite of his sudden agitation earlier. “I could, but aren’t you forgetting somebody?


“Who?”
“Irritating blond girl with every so often holier than thou attitude.”


“Martha Stewart?”


“Bugger,” Spike muttered exasperatedly. “I meant Buffy you git!”


Xander looked at him like he’d had grown two heads. So much for his steering away from a dangerous topic technique. Way to go Harris!


Spike saw his friend’s reaction and his features suddenly filled with worry. “What?”


In all his years, Spike remembers clearly only 2 rare occurrences that somebody made that kind of expression with him. The First was with his dad when his grandma died and the second time was with Joyce 3 years after. He and Buffy were both 17 years old back then when Joyce had told him that Buffy fell off from the tree house and that she needed to be taken to a hospital.



“Did you receive a call from Anya? Did something happen to Buffy?”


“Spike, Buffy is ok.”


“Then what is it?”


“You mean she hasn’t told you?”


“Told me what? You’re fuckin’ killin’ me here.”


“ Buffy told Anya and then Anya told me that - BuffywillbemeetingRiley’sparentsthatweekend.”


“What?”


“Buffy will be meeting Riley’s parents that weekend. ”
“W-Why would-“ Spike began to pace frantically back and forth. He looked at his friend straight in the eye, his jaw clenching and unclenching. ” Is there something you wanted to tell me, Harris?"


Xander eyed him back warily. How does he always manage to get stuck in the middle? Buffy should be the one to tell him what’s going on. On the other hand, he doesn’t fancy the idea spending the Spring break getaway with Anya with a broken nose. Nope, that’s definitely not of the good. With an exasperated sigh of defeat, he had decided to tell him. “Spike. Buffy has accepted Finn’s proposal. She’s getting married, man.”


Spike's eyes went wide as every vestige of color suddenly drained from his handsome face. “Bloody Hell!”



TBC

A/N : For those who got a bit upset about Willow's response to Buffy's engagement, give it time. Things may not always be what they seem. I promise :-)
The Guy In Question by slaymuch




Buffy Summers emerged from her bath, feeling more renewed and refreshed.


With just an hour and a half to go before she meets with the gang at the Bronze, Buffy quickly shed her towel and rummaged through her selection of wardrobe. It took her an amount of mix and matching, dressing and undressing until she opted for a green spaghetti-strap halter top and matched it with a 2-tiered black ruffled mini that showed a big amount of her shapely tanned legs.


She took a long look at herself in the mirror. She held-up her long honey blond hair and contemplated whether or not she should tie it up. She briefly remembered how Spike would specifically compliment her hair only when she's wearing it down. His little goldilocks. He would say to her.


But I'm not his little goldilocks anymore, she thought almost regretfully.


She grew-up and she doesn't need anybody to tell her what to do or how to wear her hair. She's her own self now. She doesn't need a big brother to take care of her.


Just then, her cell phone rang.


"Hello....Oh hi Riley."


"Hi babe! So how did it go?

“Huh?”

“Your meeting with your friends? How did it go?"


"Well on the scale 1 to 10 it's an 8… being 10 the highest of course."


"I see." There was a pause at the end of the other line before she heard him continue." Let me guess. Spike didn't take the news quite well?"


"Truth is I haven't seen him yet. I was able to meet with Willow, Anya and Xander. They were all kind of shocked about the news. Probably just didn't expect that it would be so soon."


"I know baby. I can't blame them. But what can I say, I just want get on with it right away I know that we still haven't finished College but hey, I could even support your school finances after we're married. I mean it would be convenient for the both of us and since we know we love each other, there's really no reason for us to wait any longer."


"Uhuh. Sure Riley." came Buffy's remote reply. " What time did you say you are stopping by at the Bronze?"


"There's just something I need to pick-up on the way, then I'm all yours for the rest of the evening."


Buffy grinned excitedly. "Wait, are you picking up another gift for me?"


"Maybe." She could imagine Riley's look of giddiness from the other end of the line.


"You can't! You just got me an expensive ring, remember?"


Riley chuckled. "Oh but I didn't mean for that ring to be a birthday present, Buffy. If you'd ask me, I believe you deserve more. All I want is the best for my girl. By the way, you haven't really told me if you like the ring. I knew you said yes but if you want, I could have it exchanged for a much better design. We could even have it made-"


"No!" She interrupted. " You don't need to do that, Riley. The ring looks perfect! I love it the way it is."


"Are you sure?"


"Yes I'm sure." Buffy looked at her watch and realized that she was almost out of time. "Listen, I need to go now, Riley. I would really love to stay on the phone and chat with you, but I kind of needed my two hands to finish-up my hairdo. You know me. I'll be grumpy Buffy if don't look my best for tonight."


"Say no more. I'll see you tonight then?"


"I'll be waiting."


"I love you, Buffy"


"I know."


******************************************

An hour later at the Bronze,


“I heard that they are going to have famous names play on stage starting from today.” Willow said cheerfully. “Not that I mind hearing the regular bands, ” she quickly added, taking Oz, her guitarist boyfriend into full consideration. She’s still Dingoes ate my baby’s number one fan after all.


“I hear you.” Oz winked at her then took her hand in his. “I enjoy seeing other bands play as well. I read on the billboard that Eric Carmen will be singing tonight."


"I'm sorry but, Eric who?” Anya asked.


"Oh I know that guy!" Buffy chirped excitedly," I believe he has a song that's included in the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing."


At the questioning look her friends just gave at her, Buffy went on quickly, " My mom is a huge fan of Patrick Swayze."


"Oh I think I've watched that movie. Was that the one with the Demi Moore?" Willow asked.


"No, baby. That was Ghost." Oz grinned at the redhead. "But I thought that was a good movie too." he told her reassuringly.

"You know me, I'm really not so good in the movie department. If you'll ask me about Calculus, Algebra and C++ programming now we're getting somewhere."


Oz responded with a small chuckle which is kind of an unusual reaction from him.


“Are you guys playing tonight?” Xander asked Oz, his eyes resting upon Devon by the bar.


“No, we’re just hanging.”


"Is it true that Devon is thinking of quitting the band? I heard you guys are looking for a new lead singer." Willow asked her boyfriend.


"True, Devon is leaving. His family is moving to LA so yeah, we're currently looking for a lead singer for the Dingoes. Any body interested?"


"How about you, Buffy? Ever thought of auditioning for a band?" Willow asked.


"Me join the band? A world of no. Didn't you guys remember me sing at the Caritas karaoke club years ago?"


"Oh yeah we remember! You sang a Christina Aguilera Song. You were actually good ya know ! " Willow recalled Buffy's birthday 4 years ago. It was the time when they got tired of going to the Bronze so somebody suggested the karaoke bar.


"Oh Wills, stop. I totally suck! I only did it so that you guys would stop harassing me." Buffy grumbled good-naturedly.


The rest of them laughed.


"Did you ever tell Riley about that day?" Willow asked.


"No!" came Buffy's quick reply." And I don't intend to. Gotta make sure that Riley wouldn't have a sudden change of heart about me."


“Speaking of Riley, he's coming by right?” Anya asked her.


“He told me he just needed to pick-up something on the way. “


“I bet he’s picking-up something expensive for your birthday.” Anya said thoughtfully.


“Oooh! I’ll even bet it’s a jewelry!” Willow added excitedly.


“Maybe.” Buffy grinned while her mind is secretly elsewhere.


Xander noticed Buffy’s gaze kept darting over and over to the Bronze’s main entrance. He felt bad that up to now, he hasn’t said anything about Spike. It's not like he could just tell her that Spike might probably be a no show that night.


“Xander,” Buffy shot him out of his reverie. ”You’re acting kind of funny.”


“Well, you know me. Funny guy Xander!” He laughed nervously.


“No, not funny haha. It’s more like funny peculiar. What's up?”


“I have to agree with Buffy. You look kind of tensed “, Willow joined in.


“You guys are watching too many Lost episodes. Although I got to say that I quite like the Ecko character, he's sooo cryptic it's creepy! Not that I'm being cryptic myself...." Okay! Shutting up now. Xander began to whistle, looking at everywhere else except Buffy. .


Xander hate lying to his friends especially to Buffy but what does a fella got to do? He can’t just tell her the truth. Is he supposed to say –Spike couldn’t make it because he’s busy getting drunk after finding out that you’re lost to him forever. Or he could say He couldn’t come on the account that he has been pinning for you since you were kids and now that you’re getting married well-


"I wonder where Spike is." Buffy mumbled. "Xander-"


"Geez! I feel thirsty!" Xander stood-up abruptly from his seat. " I think I'll grab a beer! Anybody wants anything?"


"Beer please"


"Beer for me as well."


"Coke for me"


"Water."


Everyone turned to look at Anya's unusual beverage preference for the night. "What?" She asked. "I'm trying to lower my alcohol in take."


When she didn't seem to have convinced anyone, she gave in, "All right. Beer it is then. "


"Got it." In a flash, Xander's out of his seat and hurried his way to the bar, sighing in relief.

************************

"Oh lookie. It's Sunshine and her loser friends" Drusilla drawled sarcastically.


Harmony and Cordy turned to look at who their friend was referring to. Their features instantly hardened at the sight of Buffy and her gang.


"Oh Dru, isn't that the girl who stole your boyfriend," came Harmony's nonchalant reaction.


"I thought you told me that you're the one who broke-up with him." Cordelia mused.


"I WAS the one who broke-up with my Spike." Dru told
them exasperatedly, why she ever switched from her goth group to Cordelia's, she had no clue. They never really paid any attention to what she says. The only thing Cordy cares about is her image and Harmony..well she's a sheep. Follows everything she and Cordy ever told her. She’s dumb as post and not to mention a ho. Dru almost kicked her sorry ass when she practically tried to steal Spike from him when they were still dating.


"That's funny since you told me the reason why you two broke up is because of the number of times blondie bear has shouted her name at the top of his lungs while you two were having-"


"Harmony?" Cordy hissed, cutting-off the blonde's ditzy remark.


"Yeah?"

"Shut up!" Cordy snapped at her. " Dru, I need to go to- Dru?"


Harmony pointed at where their friend had disappeared to.


"Oh boy, she going to cause a scene isn't she?" Cordy observed.


"They are so gonna gang up on Dru." Worry etched on both of their features.


"Ladies room?" Cordy said casually.


"Absolutely." Harmony answered without any form of hesitation.


************************************


"Hey Buffy. Enjoying the night are you?" Dru asked the tiny blonde, a false smile plastered on her face.


"Well, I was." Buffy told her sarcastically. God knows how much she hated this girl. She's thankful Spike has finally joined the land of the living and is no longer dating the vapid ho. She remembered how torn up Spike was on the day Dru broke up with him. Although, she wondered now if he has been trying to patch up things with his ex recently. Could it be the same reason she hasn't seen much of him lately?


"Oh did I ruin your little party with your friends?" Dru mocked innocence.


"No," Willow defended." We're still having fun. We're celebrating her birthday and we all know that Birthday Buffy and the word Fun goes hand in hand." she punctuated her words with a nod.


"Willow's right." Anya joined surprisingly. " So why don't you drag your pathetic excuse for an ass out of here and find somebody who you could boink for the rest of the night."


"As a matter of fact, I was gonna ask you something in particular to that matter." Dru told Buffy.


Willow's eyes widened. "Dru, I don't think Buffy's interested in you that way or in any way…"


"Oh gross! That's not what I meant you stupid git! " Dru winced." I just wanted ask if any of you guys have seen Spike."


"I haven't seen him," came Buffy's quick reply as she closed her eyes in frustration. Can we please be done with this useless conversation already? Go away you vapid ho! She opened her eyes then sighed in frustration. Oh no, she's still here.


"Right," Dru muttered, a look of disbelief on her face. "The reason why I asked is because my Spike has been leaving phone messages at my house, begging me to take him back."


My Spike? Buffy began to see red. So she was right after all! Her best friend apparently lost his mind once again and was trying to get back with his precious Drusilla. The last thing that she wanted to happen is to see her friend get hurt all over again. "You're lying!"


"Am I now? Have you ever wondered why your best friend is not here with you celebrating your birthday? I heard from somebody that he was just at my house looking for me. I felt so sorry for him I just might take the poor boy back. Even just for one night."


"He WILL BE here." Buffy said defiantly. Spike haven't let her down before. Why should he start now?


"Oh he will be here. But I doubt if he'll be here looking for you." Dru told her snidely


"What are you? His secretary? If you really knew so much about your ex-boyfriend's schedule, then I don't see the reason why you're still here talking to me."


"Oh Buffy, Buffy, Buffy...The dark princess knows what sunshine is hiding behind her blinding rays."


"Okay first of all I don't speak psychotic? Second, I don't care whatever word is coming out of your stupid mouth which is by the way is in desperate need of a tic tac."


"Stay away from him" She warned. "My Spike needs to be with real woman and not with someone who walks with a stick up her ass." She whispered coldly into Buffy's ear before she left and disappeared into the crowd.


Xander came back with their drinks. "Whoa. I just saw vampira leaving. Did I miss anything?"


"Oh you know, Dru is just being...Dru." Oz told him.


"Although if I may say, that she sounded bitchier than her average bitchiness." Anya added.


"Good thing, WE did not believe a word she said," Willow said, her eyes searching Buffy's.


Buffy sighed. "I don't know, Wills. Maybe that's why Spike is not here yet."


A hush fell upon the crowd as a guest was announced to play on stage. Buffy tried to appear attentive to what the Emcee had just said when inside her head, all she could ever think about were Dru's words and wonder what amount of truth were exactly behind them.


While Eric Carmen greeted the crowd before him, Xander moved to stand beside Buffy and was about to ask Buffy what Dru had said to her that made her upset when something or rather someone caught the corner of his eye. A hint of knowing smile began to form in his lips for there by the entrance of the club, stood none other than the guy in question, Spike Giles.


TBC

A/N: Thanks for the wonderful reviews :-) I'll try to make another update within the week.
What I can't have (part 1) by slaymuch


Spike had been standing behind the doors to the Bronze for almost half an hour. He'd been on his way to Willie's, ready to drown his sorrows away in the power of liquor but had eventually found himself halting at the club's main entrance.


He had left his house with his mind in complete shambles. His memory kept on going back to what Xander had told him previously when they were playing pool.


" You've been in love with her since you were kids, man. You can't just let her get away. Isn't it time that you fight for her?"


"I wish it's that easy." He told him. "Truth is, I'm not even sure if what I feel for her is just pure brotherly love or something else entirely."


"Brotherly? " Xander had scoffed. " Last time I checked, a brother does not usually have wet dreams that included their sister."



He had given Xander a stern look then but found himself not capable of any comeback. His friend was right after all.


Truth to tell, what he and Buffy had in fact, started out like something akin to an innocent sibling relationship. He knew he that he truly cared about her but never once thought his feeling went beyond brotherly love.


Things had always been that way between them until one time when he was 16 years old.



Flashback


Typical day for the two best of friends. Buffy and Spike were up in the tree house. He was helping her out with her English essay and things got pretty out of hand when Buffy started him teasing about his poems. And like most other times when they would throw banter and insults at one other , a big wrestle fight would usually follow. Things would have probably been usual if only Buffy didn't leave her bottled water beside his latest compilation of poems.



When Buffy's right foot stepped back just enough to topple it over, everything else went a bit haywire from there.


"Oooops!"


"Oh no. Look at what you did you silly bint!"


"Don't be such a baby. You just need to let them dry and you'll have them good and ready in no time." She tried to reassure him. Hesitantly, they both peered at what's left of his now fully drenched work of art. " Or not.'"


"Summers! "


"It's actually your fault! You sealed your poem’s fate the moment you attacked me.” Buffy reasoned.


“You ruin a guy’s most precious work and somehow he still ended-up being blamed for it.” He said sarcastically. “Aint that so typical.”


“ You should’ve known I was only kidding."


"So you admit that they were good then?"


"Maybe.” She looked at him tentatively and finally asked, “ Are these the ones that you’ve been planning on giving her?”


"Give who?"


“ Don’t mock me, Spike. I know that you made those poems for Drusilla."


Spike hesitated in answering, only because he'd found the reaction that he got from her so very amusing.


"I knew it! I knew you were crushing on our neighbor! I can’t believe that you’re actually writing poems about that scary looking girl."


"Does it matter? They’re ruined now thanks to you. You should've just kept your bloody nose to yourself. " He told her crossly as he turned about fully and began climbing down from the tree house.


It took several minutes before Buffy found the courage to follow after him. Letting out a big heavy sigh, her guilty eyes spotted him sitting on one of the chairs by the backyard.


"Will?" She sat closely beside him. "I...I'm sorry. I know your poems mean so much to you. I wish I could take back what I just did."


There was a long pause before she heard him reply." You’re a real pain in the ass, you know that? “ He turned to face her. “ You do realize what I have to do now."


"What?" She asked , her mind momentarily got lost when his thumb went up to caress the side of her cheek. His lips now were merely inches away from hers.


"This." He said as his other hand appeared from nowhere. Before Buffy could do anything, Spike dumped a big bucket of water on top of her head.


Buffy let out a big yelp. "Why you little weasel! You are so gonna pay for this." But instead of retaliating, Buffy unexpectedly, joined him in his hearty laughter.


“So are we okay now? " she asked sweetly.


"I guess we are, luv."


" But what about your poems, Spike?”


“No worries, pet. I was just playing with you. The poems that you saw may be handwritten but lucky for me, I was actually able to store almost all of them inside my computer weeks ago. I just added one verse this morning when I woke-up and that’s pretty much it. ”


“Really? And you’re not just saying that to ease my worries?”


“I swear on my nana’s grave.” He winked at her.


When Buffy sighed in relief, that fleeting act alone had unintentionally drawn his attention to the sudden rise and fall of her bosom. And what he saw almost had his eyes fall out of its sockets.


Buffy wasn't wearing any bra beneath her white tank top. Bloody Hell! And with the way that she was soaked, she might as well have been sitting there topless in front of him for he could very well see the swell of her breasts and the outline of her pink taut nipples.


A strangled moan managed to escape his lips.


"Did you say something?"


"Nothing", Oh Bugger. Even the pitch of his voice came out higher than he had intended.

Her breasts he realized weren't nearly as big as ones that he usually saw in his playboy magazines but were round and ample enough to his own liking. His sixteen-year old body has experienced so many major hard-ons before but never had he felt himself grow so hard like he did at that very moment. It was as if he was going to die from the pain of having to push intensely from the inside of his rough denim.



Buffy on the other hand had been completely oblivious to his ongoing predicament. She was too occupied with the story she was sharing to notice anything else. Oh God! What was she talking about? Something about water and Xander Other than that he has no clue. She quite lost him the minute her arms went up to tie up her soaked hair to which had caused her breasts to push even more against her top. He gulped. Buffy is so damn sexy! Why hadn’t he noticed this before?


His eyes went wide. What the hell? He just used the words sexy and Buffy in the same sentence!


End of flashback





And it was on that very moment that Spike finally saw Buffy in a different light. For the first time in his life, William Giles realized that his one and only best friend in the world is in fact, a girl. A truly wonderful, kind-hearted and SEXY girl.


From then on, his outlook on their whole relationship had mostly changed. Ever since that tiny incident happened, things had been pretty awkward for the bleached blonde.


Among other things, he realized that he could never again bring himself to engage into any of their snugfest without feeling like some sort of perv.


It was a a good thing though that he never once heard Buffy complained every time he would get up to the bathroom in the middle of the night. If it even bothered her at all that he was already gone by the time that she woke up, she certainly didn’t show. There are some things that are truly damn uncontrollable when it comes to a certain part of a man's anatomy. It's even worse during times that he would wake-up from a very sensual dream where the leading lady happens to be the tiny young blonde who's sleeping soundly in his arms.


And just when he thought things couldn't get any worse, he began to notice the other things too. Like the way the sun shines amazingly against her honey blond hair, how addictive the sound of laughter could be, her bewitching smile and the intoxicating smell of vanilla on her skin.


It didn't take much time at all for him to realize that at that time, he was slowly falling deeply in love with his best friend.


He had tried to stop it at first.


He thought he had a temporary solution to his problem when he tried to set his interest upon another girl. The girl that he met just a few days after his mum's death. Even though he liked Dru even then, he only thought of her and her goth gang as an outlet for rebellion. He sought her out two years later during the time when his feelings for Buffy had intensified. But his plan has eventually backfired when Drusilla was able to see through him. After two years of their on and off relationship, Dru finally dumped him for good. Dru had told him that he tasted like ashes and every time that she would look at him, all she could see was HER. Buffy.


So why couldn't he tell Buffy what her truly feels?


For a long time, he had kept everything to himself. What they already have is somewhat convenient for both of them. To him, going beyond their platonic relationship would be putting their entire friendship at risk. There's a big possibility after all that their newly found relationship will not work. Just like what happened to Willow and Xander. If that happens, where would it leave them then? Then there's the question whether his feelings for her will be returned or not. It is likely that she may never ever think of him the way he thought about her.


But now that he's about to lose her to Riley...


Isn't time that time you fight for her, Xander's words echoed in his mind.


After the long silent debate inside his head, Spike finally made his decision and stepped inside the Bronze. His anxious blue eyes immediately scanned the area for some familiar faces as the band on the stage started to play a slow and unfamiliar tune. Almost immediately, he spotted HER.



TBC

A/N : Again, many thanks to all of your reviews. Thanks so much for urging me to keep writing :-)
What I can't have (part 2) by slaymuch



Isn't about time that you fight for her, Xander's words echoed in his mind.


After the long silent debate inside his head, Spike finally made his decision and stepped inside the Bronze. His anxious blue eyes immediately scanned the area for some familiar faces as the band on the stage started to play a slow and unfamiliar tune. Almost immediately, he spotted HER.


I've been meaning to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You are mine tonight
Now I've got you in my sights





His eyes focused on the blond girl swaying on the dance floor with a familiar red head. He took a few steps towards her then stopped. Mesmerized, he remained rooted to his spot by the shadowy corner of the club as he watched Buffy's hips slowly gyrated to the song.


With these hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I



Buffy's phone vibrated. Text message. I'm already here babe. Be with you as soon as I park the car -Riley it read. Buffy grinned and immediately resumed to her dancing, oblivious to the attention she was getting from most of the guys in the dance floor , most particularly from a certain bleached blonde whose eyes is now silently devouring her.


I want to hold you so hear me out
I want to show you what love's all about
Darlin' tonight
Now I've got you in my sights



Spike stared in awe. She truly was a vision of innocent beauty in spite of the heat she's unconsciously emitting with her provocative dance. He saw her smile and entire room seemed to have lighten up. Oh Bugger! Up to now, he's till not over the fact that such simple gesture could easily reduced him to a teenage boy with a crush.


With these hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you
And I've got hungry eyes



His breath got caught in his throat as she sensually lifted her hands up in the air making her blouse hitched up higher, allowing him a good glimpse of her smooth expanse of toned abdomen. He suddenly imagined his fingertips touching that part of her skin and traveling it further up. He muttered a string of obscenities as he quickly adjusted himself in his pants.


Now I've got you in my sights
With these hungry eyes
Now did I take you by surprise



Willow mouthed "ladies room?" and Buffy just motioned to her friend to go ahead without her. She knew that Riley would be there any second.


Now alone, Buffy allowed herself to move even more freely to the music. In her mind, she saw a flash of Jennifer Grey in the movie, Dirty dancing when she had moved her body suggestively against Patrick Swayze. Buffy was just getting into the hot vision she had just created when she suddenly felt a light caress on the exposed skin on her back. She smiled to herself. Riley.


I need you to see
This love was meant to be…



As the instrumental part of the song began to play, Buffy leaned her back even closer to the man behind her. Walks with a stick up my ass?!!! I'll show her! , She told herself defiantly. With a conviction in her mind, she made an achingly slow circle motion with her hips and swayed it downwards. She moved up again and one of her arms went to circle around his neck. She grinned as she felt firm hands settled on her waist. Excitement began to overwhelm her at his attempt to move her even more closer.


She gasped. The feel of his breath on her neck sent shivers down her spine. She didn't know what came over her as boldly ground her thinly covered bottom on Riley's front. She smiled mischievously when she heard muffled groan escaped his lips. She could not believe how increasingly turned on she was getting by the minute as she turned abruptly, placing her cheek on the hollow of his neck.


I've got hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you



Buffy continued swaying to the music with him. Never before had she felt such sudden surge of emotion that she almost felt like crying.. God! He even smelled so good. So musky with a hint of tabacco and leather mmmm . Hold the phone! Her eyes widened as sudden realization took over her entire feature. She quickly shot her head up to find her self, staring into blue eyes instead of brown.


And I've got hungry eyes
Now I've got you in my sights
With those hungry eyes
Did I take you by surprise
With my hungry eyes




"Spike?", her voice came out huskier than intended.


His fingers wandered slowly on her face, traced the outline of her eyebrow, the soft curve of her cheek. "Buffy," he whispered as found himself being drawn slowly to her lips. But just as he was about to dip his head towards hers, the sound of applause from crowd that signaled the end of the song finally released them from their trance. Both blondes abruptly pulled away from each other.


Buffy face turned red as her hand went up to cover her mouth in shock. " Spike I'm so sorry! I... I didn't mean to- Oh God! I thought you were Riley!"


"That's okay pet." He managed to say, looking down on the floor as he tried to hide the disappointment in his eyes.


"But what were you doing here? And with me? On the dancefloor?" She asked, trying to figure out what just happened. She could not believe that she almost dirty danced with her best friend.


"Well I was..." Confused? "Confused..." Now try getting yourself out of this one you git, he silently scold himself. I've been wanting to tell you….. He opened his mouth to speak “ Buffy, I-“


"Oh my God!" Buffy exclaimed as realization finally hit her. "You were looking for Drusilla, weren't you?" He had probably approached her to ask about Dru but there she was, not bothering to even check who she was dancing to, attacked him like a predator and hadn't given him the chance to talk. "Wait a minute! So you WERE looking for Dru?!!! Why-"


Willow suddenly cut-off what Buffy was saying as the red suddenly came from nowhere, grabbed the bleached blonde by the arm and forced him to stand around the corner.


"Willow?" Buffy asked, even more confused.


Just then Riley appeared at Buffy's side. " Hey baby." He planted a light kiss on Buffy's lips. A moment of clarity filled her features.


"Thank you. "She mouthed at her friend silently in which the red head answered with a raise of a brow, silently asking her what in the world she had just walked into.


"I'm sorry I took so long. I just couldn't find a good parking space around this time of the night." Riley told her.


Buffy smiled weakly. "Yeah, I was beginning to wonder what's been keeping you."


Riley bended over to her to look into her face. "Are you ok? You look kind of flushed." Riley IS taller, she silently thought, feeling foolish that she had seemed to have neglected one obvious fact. She should've realized that it was Spike who she was leaning to.


"Well I've been dancing the night away while I was waiting for you." She reasoned. It was partially true.


"Really? Sorry I had to miss it. I hope it's not too late though." Riley quipped, motioning her to dance with him. "I hope you saved some of your energy to dance with me".


She merely nodded, realizing that she couldn't trust her own voice. What in the world did just happened?


TBC
Misunderstanding by slaymuch



An hour had already passed since his stimulating dance episode with Buffy and Spike is still in a bit of a haze. He had absolutely no clue how ever got to the dance floor. It was almost like being in a dream. One minute it was all ogle on his part and the next thing he knew he was being tugged towards her like a moth being drawn to a flame.


He had been so into the moment that he temporarily let his guard down and was about to reveal his deepest feelings for her in a form of a kiss. A kiss that he was glad he refrained from doing since the overwhelming humiliation and disappointment came later on to bite him in the ass the moment she told him that she’d mistaken him for Riley.


How could he have been such a fool? How could he have even led himself to believe that Buffy would ever dance that way with him?


Still annoyed with himself, he carefully watched his angel open her gifts like a jolly 5 year-old kid. He couldn't bring himself to think just how close he'd been to ruining her special night.


++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Oh my God! " Buffy exclaimed when she had opened the gift that she got from Willow.


The red head got her a pair of silver earrings. Buffy couldn’t help but squeel with so much glee the moment she realized that it was the same pair that they 've been both gawking at when they were at mall about a week before. "Oh Wills! I don’t know what to say.” She hugged Willow.


“Well gee how about –Thanks, Willow. You’re absolutely the greatest.” Her friend quipped.


Buffy giggled. “Thanks, Wills. You’re the greatest.” Then added for good measure.”and.I Mean.it.”


“Awwwwe….Don’t mention it.” They hugged again.


When their hugfest finally ended, Buffy proceeded to open her next present.


Buffy smiled knowingly when she saw that Oz's gift was a CD. It was a compilation of the Best of Christina Aguilera. She's not a fan of Christina but she’s so delighted to know that her one time karaoke performance two years ago had made a memorable impression on her friends. "Willow told me how much you liked some of her songs." He told her sheepishly.


"Love it! Thanks Oz!"


Anya gave Buffy a Victoria Secret lace underwear that barely leaves anything to the imagination. "Just a little something to make it more interesting with your orgasm friend." She told Buffy giddily.


Buffy gave her thanks while her face turned into a deep shade of red. Willow on the other hand, noticed the way Spike shifted uncomfortably in his seat and wondered what that was all about.


"What a coincidence! It just so happens that I have the gift that would keep all your girly stuffs and CDs! " Xander beamed proudly as he fished out his gift from under the table.


Buffy’s eyes twinkled at the sight of a beautiful medium sized wooden chest before her. "Wow! Did you make this yourself?!" she asked, recalling Xander's little obsession for carpentry.


"Well I was going to give you one those skimpy lingerie. " He told her jokingly. " But then I found out that Anya's already giving you one."


"This is really great, Xander," Buffy gave him a firm hug. " Thank you."


"Anything for you Buffster!" Xander replied gleefully.


By that time, the only gifts she had not received yet were from Spike and Riley. Buffy looked tentatively at her best friend and was surprised to have already found him looking at her with an unfathomable expression on his face. Her heart skipped a beat.


Riley however, took the next initiative and handed her a nicely wrapped small box with a big golden bow on top to complete the presentation.


As she was about to open it, she spied somebody stood behind Spike out of the corner of her eye. Drusilla.


Buffy tried to appear normal while inside she was already fuming as she saw the brunette whispered something into her best friend's ear.


"You guys have to excuse me." Spike announced and then looked at Buffy. "I....I just needed to take care of something." Then he was already up from his seat, dragging Dru along with him.


When Buffy opened her gift, her smile did not reach her eyes. If her mind wasn't elsewhere, she would have even noticed that it was a 14K Yellow Gold Basket Weave Design Diamond Bracelet. One of those really expensive kinds. However, at that moment all she could think about was Spike and the woman who was once again about to take advantage of her best friend's heart. " Excuse me guys. I- I just needed to go.... to the bathroom." She was off, not even bothering to see her friends' response.


Buffy followed Spike outside the club " Spike!" she called out. " I need to talk to you for a minute."


Spike told Dru to wait before he approached her. "Sorry about that, luv. I just needed to discuss something important with Dru."


"Actually, that’s what I'd like to talk to you about." Buffy told him. “I already know, Spike.”


"You know?"


"I don't get it. I don't know what you see in her that's making you act this way." She caught a glimpse of Dru, crossing her arms with an amused grin on her face.


"What do you mean? I was just-"


" Don't take me for a fool, Will-yum! I already know what you've been up to." She accused, her eyes darting towards the brunette. "With her!"


"And pray tell what am I exactly doing?" he crossed his arms. He had no idea where her accusations were all coming from but it held his interest. Could it be that she's jealous? He was about to ask her the question but then he hesitated. What was he thinking! There he was again, getting his hopes up on whatever conclusion his desperate mind could muster.


"You were...You and Dru..."


His mouth opened to argue but he closed it again just as quickly. Instead, he cocked an eyebrow.


"Ugggh! You know what? I'm fed up with you and your pathetic excuse for a girlfriend! " Buffy said, then added as an afterthought that was laced with contempt before she turned to leave. "Former!"


"Like Captain Cardboard is any better." He snorted.


His latest remark instantly halted her steps. She turned to face him once again but this time, her eyes were now filled with rage. "What does that supposed to mean?"


"Buffy," he sighed. "Riley is not good enough for you, pet." There, he said it.


She looked at him incredulously. "Oh let me rephrase that, Bleached Wonder because what you actually mean is I'm not good enough to be with anyone period! "


"Hold it right there, Summers. You got it all wrong. That's not what I meant."


"Is that so? From how I see it, nobody will be ever good enough for ol’ Buffy Summers whenever you're concerned! I'm so tired of your 'overprotective brother' crap! You always come up with a reason why I shouldn't be with any guy. Like when we were back in high school. You kept telling me that the boy I’d been crushing on for years is actually gay."


"Scott IS gay. He's a soddin nancy boy, Buffy. The entire school knew that. Even the bloody principal was aware of that" He pointed out.


"All right, so if he's gay, what about Owen? He's not gay is he? He's just too aggressive you say and you can tell this with just one look and I haven't even dated the guy yet.” Buffy gave him a purely disgruntled look.” So tell me oh wise one what led you to the conclusion that Riley is not good enough for me."


"He doesn't make you happy." He finally told her, praying that she didn't notice the amount of emotion that he held behind those words.


"What makes you think I'm not happy?"


"Come on, luv. It’s me who you're talking to here. You deserve someone better. "


"So who do you think is that someone who's capable of making me happy, Spike?" She challenged, moving herself closer to him until their faces were barely inches apart.


I am, With her lips so unbelievably close, all he could think about is how easy it is if he could just give in and finally taste those inviting lips of hers. He could not bring himself to answer her.


"I know what this is about." she told him. "You're just jealous."


He stiffened. Did she already suspect the truth? "What? Me, Jealous? Are you off your bird!"


"Off my bird! I don't even know what means you insensitive prick!"


"It means, that you’ve already gone completely carrot top, Summers."


"I’m crazy? You’re the one to talk Mr. I love to shag the looniest ho in Sunnydale.


"You know what? To hell with you Summers! Just go back to Captain Boring. Dru and I will head out of your way."


"Fine! Just go and do whatever you want to do with that vapid ho!"


"Don't worry I will!" Spike answered defiantly.


"Fine!”


“Fine!”


They grunted in unison just before they turned around at the exact same moment and went their separate ways.



TBC

A/N: Thank again for the awesome reviews.
Mom's Intuition by slaymuch



" Are you okay, Buffy?" Willow noticed right away her friend’s forlorn expression as soon as she returned to their table.


Buffy managed a nod while in deep thought. No matter how much she tried, she couldn’t shake-off the awful feeling that she should have said something more in order to preempt Spike’s plan of getting back with Dru. Instead, she had acted rather foolishly and even behaved like an eight-year old child the minute he started questioning about her feelings towards Riley.


She looked back and thought something was amiss. She couldn’t recall herself telling Spike about her engagement and yet somehow he acted like he already knew. The fact was, she’d been stalling. She just couldn’t simply find the right moment to tell the bleached blonde her big news since she already knew how Spike felt about her relationship with Riley.


Buffy looked at her friends and carefully searched each their faces until her eyes landed upon Xander’s.


“Excuse me guys. I just need to borrow Xander for a second.” She told the gang while she dragged the guilty looking brunette to a spot beyond their friends’ earshot.


“Xander?” She feigned sweetness in her voice.


“Buff?”


“During the course of time that you had spent with the irritating bleached blonde this afternoon. You didn’t happen by any chance mention anything about my engagement to Riley, did you?”


“Well you see, the thing is….” Xander’s struggle with words was more than enough to confirm her early suspicions.


Buffy heaved a sigh of frustration. “Oh boy.”


“I’m so sorry Buffy. I know it’s not my place to tell him about your big news but it just kind of… slipped out. ” He reasoned.


“All right.” She managed to tell him calmly. It was partly her fault anyway. “I’m not angry with you, Xander. I’m just… a little upset that I wasn't able to tell him sooner. He must’ve hated the fact that he had to learn it from somebody else.”


“So you guys had a fight?” Worry etched in his voice. It was times like these that he hated his pretense of being ignorant to Spike’s dilemma the most.


“Major one.”


“Oh… ” He looked at her tentatively then he added in a much serious tone,” Buffy, I know Spike could act like such a jerk sometimes, but he means well. I fervently believe that underneath that irritating bad boy attitude is just one caring guy who just worries too much about the one and only person that’s truly important to him.”


“Me? Important to Spike?” Buffy gave an unladylike snort. “ I find that a little hard to believe.”


If you only knew. “Don’t worry, Buffy. I’m sure Spike will come around soon.”


“Let’s just hope that it happens soon enough.”


***************************

The gang said their goodbyes to each other a few moments later.


"I know you told me that you won’t be staying at our dorm tonight to give Oz and I some privacy but if you decide to change your mind I’m sure Oz would - .”


“Willow, it’s fine.” Buffy assured her friend. “I haven’t changed my mind. Just go and have nice time with your honey.”


“But-”


“Trust me.” She said in her resolved tone as she gave the red head a hug.


“ Well, all right.”


Oz hugged her as well. “ Goodnight and thanks, I guess.”


“I’ll see you on Monday.” Anya told her. “ ‘Guess you won't be using that thing I’ve got you for your birthday anytime soon." She added with a wink.


Both Willow and Xander gave the blunt blonde a stern look and dragged her with them.


"What happened, Buffy?" Riley asked her when they're finally alone.


"It's Spike. He-"


"Spike. How come I'm not surprised? “ He cut in sharply, giving her an exasperated look.


"Well it wasn’t entirely his fault." She tried to point out.


"You’re doing it again."


"Doing what again?" Riley is beginning to get on her nerves.


"Always coming to his rescue. Even though you knew for a fact that trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes. This guy just ruined your birthday, Buffy.”


"Riley, I don't feel like getting into this right now. I'm tired and I just want leave right away "


For a moment, she thought she would get caught again in another argument, like they always seemed to do whenever Spike is concerned but luckily for her, Riley quickly went down without a fight.


"You're right. The sooner we'll get to my place, the sooner you’ll feel better." The sooner you’ll forget about Spike, Riley mentally added.


Buffy winced. "Riley, about that. I kind of said yes to my mom when she called about an hour ago and asked if I could spend the rest of my birthday evening with her.” She lied.


"But I thought-" He started to protest but quickly held himself back. "All right. I 'll just drive you to your mom’s then."


"Thanks, but I think I'll just walk. You know it's not that far."


"I know that, but I don't like the idea of you walking down the street all by yourself. "


"I can take care of myself, Riley. Besides, Mom's place
is just four blocks away. I'll see you tomorrow?"


"I can't. I have an early flight tomorrow, remember?"


" Oh yeah, I remember. Well I hope to you as soon as you get back. " Buffy said, giving him a light kiss on the lips before she took off.


"I hope so too. " Riley mumbled to himself as he walked glumly towards his Hummer.


**************************************


"Buffy! Is that you?"


"Yeah it's me, Mom."


Joyce appeared from the top of the staircase, her face full of concerned. "Honey, is something wrong?"


"Nothing. Why do you ask?"


"Well, apart from tonight being a school night and all, I would usually get a surprise visit from you whenever something is up, am I getting warm?”


Buffy looked at Joyce and marveling at the way her mom could always read her like a book. "Piping hot."


"Was it with Riley?"


"No. Not Riley."


"So you did have a fight with someone. Who’s this ill-fated person who's probably now sporting a big nasty black-eye?" Her mom teased.


"Just got into an argument with Spike."


"I see. Let me guess, William's not exactly jumping with joy when he found out that you are marrying Riley."


"Well I'm not really expecting him to jump with joy but a little congratulation coming from him would've been nice. How did you know?"


"Call it mom's intuition." Plus I have eyes, she added mentally. Joyce had always noticed the way Spike behaves around his little girl. Like she’s the single most important person in the world to him. There had been several instances when she’d been tempted to ask William herself if he had been aware about his true feelings for his daughter. " So you guys are ok now?"



Buffy shrugged."I don't know, mom." Right now all she wanted to do was just go to sleep. "I feel really tired. Can we just talk about it in the morning?"


Joyce smiled lovingly at her. “All right. I’ll let you get away from me this time but there’s just one thing I need you to do before you hit the sack.” She told her as she disappeared into the kitchen.


Curious now, Buffy quickly followed after Joyce.


“Even though I have absolutely no idea you were coming tonight ,I was able to find some time this morning and bake this. “


Buffy giggled delightfully when she saw the medium sized rounded cake that her mom took out from the fridge. “Oh wow! Is this what I think it is?”


“It is honey. Your favorite Chocolate chip mint cake.”


“With tons of cookies and fudge on top!!!


“Yep.”


“Like the one you used to make when I was little! ”


“The very same one!”


“This is absolutely great, mom! Thanks!” She gave Joyce a soundly kiss and a hug.


“You’re welcome honey! I was going to give you a call tomorrow morning so you could ask your friends to drop by with you and have some cake.”


“Oh It’s good that I came by tonight then. Now I can have this entire cake all to myself!”


“Buffy.” She warned her daughter good-naturedly.


“All right. I’ll bring the rest over to the dorm tomorrow. “ Buffy grumbled.


“That’s a good girl.”


“Now can I take a slice?


“Wait! Before you do that,” Joyce took a small candle, placed it on top and lit it.


“We’re not going to sing happy birthday, are we?”


“We could,” She told her jokingly, almost laughing at daughter’s big scowl. “But we’re not going to. All right, make your wish now”


Buffy looked seriously at her cake, her mind suddenly heavy with thoughts. Then she closed her eyes for a few seconds and silently made her wish right before she blew-up the candle.


***************************

"Dru, how long is it gonna take you to find that soddin’ book? I've been standing here for almost half an hour."


"Just be patient, darling Spike. I know I got it here somewhere."


Spike leaned impatiently against his ex's black Jaguar as he impatiently waited for her to come out of the car with the books they needed for their Term paper in English. Of all the 25 other names of students in English Class, Spike couldn't believe that it was his name that she'd been able to pick out. Because in earnest, he doesn't want to have anything to do with her . Not at that time. If possible, not ever. He still have guilt left over from their old relationship. Although it was no secret that Dru had probably used him as well just to get back at Angel, her previous boyfriend, Spike is not pleased with the fact the he had stooped that low in order to take his mind off a certain blonde.


"Oh here it is…. Nope, this is Queen of the Damned! …..Oh I think this is it!…..Ugh! not this one either!"


"Dru," He said." Do you have the book with you at all? There is some other place I need to be." This time nothing would lever stop him from going to Willy’s.


Dru checked out Spike with a sidelong glance while her lips tries viciously to hide the mischievous grin that she had on her face all this time. When she found out that Cordelia had picked out Spike’s name, she immediately told the brunette about her plan of getting Spike back and had promptly exchanged the name that she’d gotten with hers.


Ever since they’ve broken up, people had been whispering behind her back about how Spike was never truly hers even from the start. She hated it even more when she found out that it was Angel, her former boyfriend who started the rumor. Ever since then, she’d been waiting for the right moment to prove to them wrong. How Spike could easily be at her beck and call whenever she wants to.


So why the need for a scheme? Why couldn’t she just come up to him and say that she wants him back? Cordy and Harmony had asked those questions one time. Even though the name Buffy easily springs to mind, she hesitated on telling them. She just could not bring herself to admit to her friends that Angel had been absolutely right after all, for that would eventually mean that Spike had dumped her instead of the other way around.


Angel had already humiliated her before by cheating on her with a girl named Darla and now Spike had practically done the same by using her to forget about Buffy. She’s fully aware how her love life was way beyond pathetic, but hell would freeze over first before she’d let herself divulge that discomforting fact to anyone.


"Looks like you're right after all, dearie. It's not in this car. I must've left it my other car. So sorry my spike. Looks like we'll need it to get it from my place."


"What?!!! You've got to be sodding kidding me, Dru!" He told her angrily. The term paper's already due the week after. He already doubt that he'll be able to finish the paper in time but the sooner he'll get his hands on some of the books, the sooner he'll be able to get rid of Dru.


"Just leave your car here. I'll drive us both to my place." She told him, as she intentionally hitched her skirt a little higher just before Spike joined him in the car.


"Right. Whatever." He told her nonchalantly just before his eyes caught the sight of Dru's exposed leg. If he remembered it correctly, like him, Dru is not fond of wearing any undergarment either.


Dru hid a smirk as she took note of where Spike's
eyes had traveled. If she plays her cards right, she'll be having him by her bed in no time.


And now for some music to set the mood. She'd meant to play her favorite Rasputina compilation. The song Transylvanian Concubine usually sets him and Spike in a lustfull mood when they were still dating, but when she scanned the cd changer, the first song that came out of the speakers was something completely alien to her. "What the hell!". It took her a few seconds to remember that Harmony had borrowed her car the previous night. She must've replaced the cds in her changer with her own.


When I'm lost, in the rain,
In your eyes I know I'll find the light To light my way,
When I'm scared, losing ground ,
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around, yes



The moment the song came flooding through the amazingly crystal clear surround speakers of Dru's Jaguar , Spike saw a flash of memory of a younger version of his best friend singing that particular song four years ago. To him, it wasn’t Christina Aguilera’s voice that he’s currently hearing, but rather, it was Buffy's. The image of her played vividly in his mind as she stood on the stage, singing with her green eyes landing upon him every so often.


A grin slowly grazed his lips. His heart beckoned him to do what he should have done a moment ago.


And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top,
You're always there giving me all you've got
For a shield, from the storm For a friend,
for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on For everything you do,
for everything that's true I turn to you, yes



As he got himself out of the car, he saw Riley's car drove by sans Buffy. His smile became wider.


“Spike!"


"Yeah?"


"What do you think you're doing?" She yelled after him frantically.


"Sorry Dru. I’ve decided I'll have Xander drive by at your house tomorrow to get the books."


"But I thought we’re going to my place?” She protested.


“Bye Dru!”


” Where the fuck are you going?!!!"


"Gotta go see a girl." He said to her without looking back, his famous smirk firmly in place.



TBC


A/N: First of all, I’m not a Christina Aguilera fan but a very good friend of mine suggested this song to me way back and I found lyrics really appropriate to what these two best of friends had gone through. Thank guys for the wonderful reviews you did on my last chapter! You’re absolutely the greatest!
A Birthday Wish by slaymuch



Buffy changed into one of the oversized t-shirts she found in her dresser. She untied her hair and then sullenly grabbed for her hairbrush. Looking at herself in the mirror, the huge scowl she'd been sporting deepened.


"Who does he think he is!", she grumbled to herself as she attacked her long wavy hair with long vigorous strokes. " Telling me who I should and shouldn't marry. The nerve!"


Her mind swiftly recalled the way she had danced with him just a few hours ago and this automatically caused for her traitorous body to blush all over. She couldn't help but wonder at the way Spike's body molded so well with hers and every single touch and feel they'd exchanged felt so damn good. What the hell is the matter with me? He's Spike chissakes! He's like friggin' brother to me!


So you keep telling yourself , her conscience told her.


But I'm already freakin' engaged! She scolded her mind.


Now who's fault is that?


Okay, let's not go there! I can't believe I'm having an argument with myself! I really have to stop thinking about these things and focus with my engagement to Riley.


But somewhere in the deep recess of her mind, she saw a fleeting memory of her bottom intentionally rubbing on his front. She could've sworn she heard him groan and felt that intensely hard part of his body poking her in the ass. It is quite possible that she'd just imagined it. Spike would never thought of her that way. Fact is, he's still in love with Drusilla. The idea that she had her best friend worked-up over one liquor induced sexy dance is such a ridiculous notion. There you go. That sounded far more convincing than her early assumptions.


As she replaced her brush inside her drawer, her eye caught the sight of the CD that Oz had given to her earlier.


“Here's something that would get my mind off that irritating bleached wonder,” She muttered to herself as she inserted it in her CD player and hit the PLAY button.


************************************

Spike pulled over his Desoto along 1630 Revello drive. He looked up at her window and a smile slowly crept across his handsome face when saw that her light is still on. Then he proceeded to climb the tree next to Buffy's window, a task that he'd probably done more than a hundred times since he was little.


Just when he was halfway there, he heard the very same song that had prodded him to go to her in the first place. He shook his head in utter disbelief. What the bloody deuce is he doing? Spike is not really fond of listening to sappy music much less the bubblegum kind.Those type of music would usually earn a gagging sound from him every time he would hear them from a public place like the mall or in the movie theatre. And yet there he was, finally standing at the other side of Buffy's window, wearing his heart on his sleeve.


His eager eyes immediately searched for her and when he did....


When I'm lost, in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way
When I'm scared, losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around, yes



His mind saw flashes of memories of the times they've spent together.


Starting from the very first time that he saw her.
"Mommy has a bracelet with hearts and butterflies....."
"S’ ok , pet. I’m pretty sure she’ll forgive you”



And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got
For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you



Their hands entwined as together they watch them bury his mum.


For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do, for everything that's true
I turn to you, yes



When she fell from the tree.
"Buffy..... Stay with me."
"W-Will?"
"I'm here."
"My leg hurts."
"Hold on pet. The ambulance are on their way."



When I lose, the will to win
I just reach for you and I can reach
The sky again, I can do, anything
'Cause your love is so amazing
'Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend
You're always on my side
Giving me faith taking me through the night, yeah



All those times they snuggled so close. He had spent so many moments watching her sleep.


For a shield (for a shield), from the storm (from the storm)
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
(For a love to keep me safe and warm)
I turn to you (I turn to you)



The day he came back to her.
"Buffy...P-promise me, luv....that you won't... ever leave me"
"I won't leave you..."



For the strength (for the strength), to be strong
For the will to carry on, uh
For everything you do
I turn to you, yeah, ohhh



When her eyes met with his, it was only then that he noticed her tears. Could it be possible that he and Buffy have been sharing the same thoughts?


For the arms to be my shelter through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For the one who, I can run to, ohh I...
Turn to you...ohhh yeah



"Will?" She asked, blinking as if she couldn't believe her own eyes that he's there.


"Buffy." He answered softly, his almost choked-up voice nearly betrayed him.


And just before he could do anything, Buffy had immediately stood-up and nearly flew across the room as she ran straight into his loving arms.


"Oh Will...I thought you weren't gonna come." She clung to him so fiercely.


For a shield , from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
(To keep me safe and warm, yeah)
I turn to you (I turn to you)
For the strength (for the strength), to be strong
For the will to carry on, oh ohh
For everything you do (everything you do)
For everything that's true
For everything you do, ohh
For everything that's true
I turn to you



Spike momentarily closed his eyes and buried his face on her hair. Buffy, Buffy, Buffy.... Sighing deeply, he finally let himself drown in the familiar smell of vanilla and jasmine. A smell that's distinctively Buffy Summers.


It's been a while since they've held each other so close. Ever since Riley came into her life, he had stopped spending the night at her house and she had stopped hanging around him at his dorm. And now, holding her so close as he did now made him wonder how he ever have managed to stay away from her for so long.


"Buffy." He whispered.


"Let's not fight anymore, okay? I hate it so much when we fight."


Spike's fingers gently played with the strands of her hair and Buffy almost gasped from the sensation it caused. "I know what you mean, pet."


Buffy carefully withdrew from his embrace and looked into his eyes. "I'm so glad that you came. How did you know I was here?"


"I have my ways, luv."


Buffy raised an eyebrow at him.


"Oh all right." he conceded. "I just happened to saw Finn driving by himself so at first I figured you might be in your dorm."



"You didn't walk in on Willow and Oz, did you?" she asked him with wide eyes.


"U-huh. Am basically scarred for life now."


"Oh my God! You didn't!???"


He laughed. "Na, I was just playing with you. I knocked."


"Okay. Two uncanny things. First, you knocked and then 2nd, they actually heard you?"


"Well yeah, after all that yelling that came after the knock, they have no choice but to open it, luv."


Buffy burst out laughing and Spike easily joined her.


Spike was the first the recover. He bit his lip, watching her as she continues to laugh. She looked so amazingly beautiful even without the make-up. And sexy too, he groaned inwardly as he his eyes roamed quickly down her long tanned legs that were left uncovered by his oversized t-shirt. The fact alone that it's his shirt she's wearing is enough to make his libido go overdrive. Keep it down, mate! Tonight is all about making peace with the girl that you love. Tonight is all about Buffy.



"Buffy, I'm sorry that I ruined your birthday."


"Don't be." Buffy stared deeply into his eyes and wondered if it had always been that blue. When her hand went up to put a light caress on one of his sharp cheekbones she thought she heard his heart pounded loudly. Or was it hers? "As long as I got already got my birthday wish,I'm not complaining anymore."



"Oh." Came his dismal reply. " I haven't seen what Finn got you for your birthday, luv. But I'm sure it's something you-"


"Spike." She interrupted him. "I'm not referring to Riley's gift."


"You're not?"


"No." She shook her head.


"Is that so?" It's not Riley's . His grin widened immeasurably. "Then what are you referring to?"


"Not a what. Rather a who."


"I'm not quite sure I'm getting you."


"You."


"Me?"


"You ARE my birthday wish."


TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your reviews! Expect the story to change it's pace in the coming chapters. Hope you guys will stick around for the much awaited spufiness.
Anything by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
In this chapter, I tried to reveal a little of what’s going on in Buffy’s head. Buffy’s own POV will definitely come in one of the many chapters ahead. Would be really great if you could stay around for that J.


"Then what were you referring to-"


"Not a what but rather a who."


"I'm not quite sure I'm getting you."


"You."


"Me?"


"You ARE my birthday wish."


Spike blinked. "I'm your...birthday wish?"


"U-huh." She grinned.


"You’re not by any chance drunk, are you?"


Buffy shook her head no then gestured him to sit on the edge of her bed beside her. "Stop being silly, Spike and tell me when was the last time we've spent some time alone with just the two of us?"


About Twelve months and 2 days to be exact. "I don't know. Six months? A year maybe?"


"The last time that you came here in my room was right before I started dating Riley. That's been more than a year now. I've missed you.” Then continued in a softer tone, “I've missed us."


Spike pulled her close to him once more and he heard her sigh of content. "This is what I wished for, Spike. You and me... here on my birthday."


He swallowed hard upon hearing her heart-warming declaration. " God Buffy! I miss being with you too. You don't know how much."


"You do?” She asked in a tone of disbelief “But why don't we spend some time together anymore?"


"A lot of reasons, pet. " He paused. Think you ninny! "I uh....Got busy with things at school and there has been some projects. " He rambled apprehensively."....Lots and lots of school projects. As a matter of fact, Dru and I -"


"Dru." She cut in sharply as she suddenly found herself pulling away from him.


Spike almost protested loudly from the loss of contact.


"So how did it go with her? Everything turned out as you've expected?" She asked with her back to him. Truth to tell, she doesn’t exactly want to know how his little rendezvous with the loony ho had turned out.


"I told her that there's some place I needed to be."


Buffy let go of the breath she didn't realize she was holding. "I'm glad to hear that."


"What I need from her can wait. "


"Oh." And just like that, she was back into full scowling mode. She briefly closed her eyes and tried to hold back a retort. Tonight was all about patching-up with her best friend. "Wait here. I'll be right back."


Buffy came out of the room briefly and went back a minute later with two slices of cake, forks and some bottled water.


"Wow! Is that chocolate chip mint cake?! " He asked excitedly.


"U-huh!"


"With cookies and fudge mint on top?"


"Our very own favorite!"


"That's bloody amazing, luv! I remember the last I ate this we were like 12." He told her, smiling like a kid on Christmas.


Buffy laughed at the memory. "I know! I was surprised myself. Go on. Have a piece."


Buffy got a piece out of her own cake and put it in his mouth. As she did, she had caught herself staring.... just staring at the way his lips almost closed over one finger. At the feel of his warm wet tongue grazing the sensitive skin , she felt a delicious tingle that travel all the way south. Just Imagine how that would feel if his tongue had been - Whoa! Her eyes instantly widened at the thought. Bad bad Buffy!



'"How was it?" She asked, trying to disguise the sound of apprehension in her voice and then ate a small piece out of her own cake.


"It tastes heavenly." Spike himself was still recovering from the sudden unexpected gesture to notice Buffy’s uneasiness.


Buffy almost choked on her cake when she heard his reply.


"Wish I could have more though."


"Huh?"


He showed her the empty plate.


"Oh." She gave herself a mental slap. Geez, get your mind off the gutter, Summers.


Spike saw the way Buffy blushed and wondered if she had caught the hidden sexual innuendo behind his words


"I could go down and get you another slice but mom asked me to save some for the rest of the gang."


"She knows I'm here?"


"Yep. I ran into her on my way to the kitchen."


“What else did she say? I hope she’s not upset with me. Is she still down there? I could go talk to her and explain why I’m here.” He was about to head towards the door but she immediately stopped him.


"Well actually, she acted more like she was expecting you."


"She was?" Spike told her doubtfully.


"And this surprised you how? Like you're not aware how much my mom adores you."

Spike smiled. Among their parents, Buffy’s mom was the only one who’s not objective to his routine of staying over at Buffy's room. The two of them shared a special bond that goes beyond a mother and son relationship. She trusts him and he looks up to her. Ever since his own mom died, whenever possible, Joyce tried to care for him as if she were her own child. And for that Spike would always be grateful to her.


"The feeling is mutual, pet. In fact she's the only mom I've ever known since..." He struggled with the words. " Well you know what I mean."


"Yes I do." She told him softly, giving him a light pat on his back to comfort him. Ever since his mom died more than six years ago, Spike still had not been able to talk about Jenny the way he should. The fact alone that up to this moment, Spike still blames himself for Jenny’s death worries her to no end. Oh how she desperately wants to help him heal. But how could she? When Spike would not even trust her enough to know that certain part of his life?


Spike looked at his watch. " I should be getting home so I could leave you more time with your beauty sleep, pet. “ He stood up without looking at her.


"Spike, can I ask you to do something for me?"


He turned. "Anything, luv."


"Can...Can you stay with me tonight?" She asked coyly.


Spike blinked, not really expecting for her to ask that from him. "Are you sure? You don't think
Riley would mind?"


She nodded. "Just for tonight. Will you hold me, William?"



Spike looked at her warily before he removed his shirt and tentatively took his usual position behind her. It has been so damn long since they've been this close.


Buffy had already seen him bare-chested so many times, but that night, when he took of his shirt in front of her, she could not help but admire his well defined torso. Her best friend indeed is a real fine catch. Not only is he caring and funny, he also has a sex appeal that runs 24 hours a day. Drusilla is one lucky gal. Always been lucky.


When Spike’s arms came around her, her heart suddenly began to beat faster. She closed her eyes in confusion. Riley is her boyfriend and her fiancé', she told herself. She needs to focus on the man that she’s about to marry and stop thinking about the guy who’s head over heels in love with another girl.


She turned to face him. " Spike, are you still upset about my engagement to Riley?"


Spike mistook the sadness in her eyes and silently told himself that he was the cause of that. Buffy wanted him to be happy for her. To accept her future with Riley and still he would not give it to her.


"Buffy...if it would mean so much to you to have my blessing ....then it's all yours, pet."


Buffy stared at him in amazement " Really?


"Really." For you, I'll do anything.


Buffy sighed and laid her head against his chest. " Thank you….”


And that’s how she ended up sleeping.


Long after Buffy had succumbed into a deep slumber, Spike still lay awake, feeling his heart break into a million pieces as he continued to hold her tightly against him.



A/N : (Ducks for cover) Guys! Before you do anything drastic, let me explain first. I already knew that when I started out this story that it's going to take a while before the two would realize what's been standing right in front of their noses. There's reason why Spike is holding back and this will be revealed to you very soon. And there is still the question of Riley and Dru.

Let me tell you this much though, even if Spike hasn't told Buffy about his true feelings, that does not necessarily mean it would stop me from writing a little naughty/smut scene every now and then for our favorite couple, right? Tell you what, I promise to post the next chapter right away as soon as I get at least 10 reviews. If not, I’ll just post it the day after.
Underneath It All by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
I’m sorry that it took me so long. Truth is, I never even expected to get more than 10 reviews from my last chapter this soon! Wow! Now, as my thank you to all of my readers I’m posting this next chapter right away. Hope you guys like it :-)



Spike awoke to the feeling of soft hands coming to rest on his bare stomach. Even if some part of his brain were still half asleep, he gasped at the sensation it caused.


He shot an eye open. For a minute, a sense of bewilderment crossed over his face until it dawned upon him that he hadn’t gone home last night to sleep in his own bed and instead he had stayed and held Buffy close to him all night long.


It was the best sleep that he ever had in a long time. Oh Bugger!


How could he keep torturing his self like this? He already knew the sad ending to his story and yet here he was, holding on to her like it’s most natural thing to do in the world. What a soddin’ love’s bitch I’m turning out to be….Well at least I’m man enough to admit it. What would I give to be able to wake up with her like this for the rest of my life?


The rest of his thoughts faded as he began to feel Buffy’s fingers doing light caresses on his lower abdomen.


“Buffy?” He murmured in confusion as he turned to face her but disappointment quickly took over his features the moment he realized that she was still asleep.


She was just dreaming.


“Mmmmmm” she moaned.


He took in the alluring sight of her honey blonde hair sprawled across the pillow and the half-opened lips that seemed to begging him for a proper attention. He’d probably woke-up lying beside her countless of times and yet, he still couldn’t get over how lovely she looked in the morning even as she sleeps.


Spike dear boy, here is your cue to leave the girl before she wakes-up. But somehow this time, he just couldn’t bring himself to move away.


Eyes that had been firmly transfixed on her beautiful face a moment ago have now begun to roam elsewhere starting from the creamy skin on her neck, to her shirt clad chest, down to her firm looking thighs to which the edge of her clothing had ridden high enough to give him a very good glimpse of her black lacy underwear. I bet she’s even wearing the matching bra to go with her knickers, he felt himself hardened at that thought. But something with the way her hard nipples are pushing against the thin shirt told him that she’s actually wearing nothing underneath. Fuck! This is girl is going to be the death of me.


“Uh…..Please…..mmmm. ” Buffy spoke in her sleep. Her moans now turned into a desperate mewl. Her arms came around him and she unknowingly laid her head on his bear chest.


Bloody Hell! He needs to wake her up real fast, before he does something he’ll regret later.


Carefully, he rolled her away from him to lay her on her back. Incidentally, this turned out to be a mistake since it puts him in a position to hover above her with his lips now merely inches away from her. And so the little tug of war of his willpower began to unfold in his mind.


He couldn’t possibly. He kept on telling himself that there’s no way he’s going to take advantage of her unconscious state and yet some part of his brain kept compelling him that one brief little kiss wouldn’t hurt at all. …..No! He’s not gonna do it.


The brief struggle in his mind went on until he saw the tip of her pink tongue peek out between her slightly parted lips and that did it. At long last, he dipped his head and closed his eyes as he tentatively touched her lips with his in a featherlike manner.


Mmmmm Buffy…… Now get off you, perv before she wakes-up and end up with a slap on your face! He was just about to do that. Walk away from the temptation. But when he felt her hot soft tongue flickered across his bottom lip, it was a lost cause. Spike finally let fate take its own course and deepened his kiss.


And that was the time that all thoughts of rationality finally left him. All that’s left is the wonderful feeling of Buffy lips against his. His tongue didn’t even touch her and yet pure bliss already took over him.


So this is how it feels to be kissing Buffy. Her lips felt so soft and so warm as if it had been specifically made for his lips alone. My Buffy…


Is it even possible for him to fall for her even more than he already did? And with that frightening thought, he suddenly came to his senses and slowly withdrew himself from her softness.


He slowly moved himself away from her sleeping form, silently thankful that he didn’t wake her despite of the intensity of the kiss they just shared.


She unconsciously turned sideways as a smile of content gradually spread across her lips.
She must be dreaming about Captain cardboard. He thought disdainfully, the ache in his heart coming back in full force. God! She’s so beautiful. Finn is definitely one lucky git.


Sighing, he put on his shirt and duster then took one last look at her before he slowly climbed down through the window.



A few seconds later, an eye peered open. Now that she’s sure that Spike had already left, Buffy finally sat-up with her heart pounding in her ears. Her emotions running wild as her hand went up to touch her lips.


She stood by the window and was able to catch Spike’s Desoto driving away. She could not believe that Spike had just kissed her.


She’d just woken up from a very sensual dream only to find real lips pressing against hers.


Could she have probably dreamt it? Spike had kissed her! And what truly shocked her more was the realization that she too had responded with equal vigor.


She didn’t really know what came over her when she’d resorted to making him believe that she was still asleep.


Maybe she knew it would save her from questions she couldn't answer like why she allowed him to kiss her and why she kissed him back? Or maybe she knew it would relieve her guilt that somehow she was cheating on Riley or maybe she just simply didn’t want the kiss to end.


As her mind continue to ponder on some more rambling thoughts, her eye caught the sight of a small rectangular shaped box by the windowsill.


His birthday gift to me! Her mind thought excitedly.


She quickly grabbed the gift and went to read the note attached to it.



For my sweet Buffy,


Happy Birthday, pet.

I know that this may not be as expensive as Finn’s but

It’s something I’ve been to wanting to give you from the time that we met.


Always,

William




Tears welled-up in her eyes the moment she finally opened the tiny box for inside was a lovely gold bracelet with hearts and butterflies dangling as its charms.





A/N : There you go! Their very first kiss. I hope I didn’t make Spike look like he was taking advantage of Buffy (even if he was! WINKS). So sorry that it had to be a short chapter. Please let me know what you guys think.
Caught in the Act by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Is the sky really blue? How many days are there in a year?Do the Gileses keep their key under the flower pot? Does Buffy and Spike's wireless phones have the same ringtone?

Does it matter? (grins) I guess it doesn't since this is a naughty spuffy chapter! LOL! I hope you like it :-)
Flashback


A week after his tormenting encounter with a very wet Buffy, a sixteen-year old Spike barged into his room looking very frustrated and tensed.


It was morning and he just came from an overnight snuggle with his one and only best friend. He ran his hands roughly through his hair and looked down at his tented pants. He breathed heavily while he swiftly removed all his clothing just before he stepped into the shower of his adjoining bathroom.


I can’t believe I’m doing this for 10th time this week! He thought irritably as he continued to lather up his palm before he enclosed his fingers around his shaft.


As his steady movement with his fingers began, so did his fantasy.


Inside his head, he easily played out the scene where he just poured a bucket of water over Buffy. But this time it did not end there….


Spike could see clearly just how her hard her nipples were through her wet white tank top. The little pink buds are calling out to him, just begging to be touched.


Buffy was still laughing hard when she saw that his eyes had darkened into midnight pools. She followed his stare and saw that it landed on her chest. Her eyes went wide as she timidly covered her chest.


“Don’t.” He protested as he took those hands away. “ Your breasts are lovely, Buffy. Don’t you dare hide them from me.”


“Spike.” Buffy began, her face turning red.



A blushing Buffy is such a huge turn on for him. “ Don’t be angry, luv. I could not help it that I’m so attracted to you.”


“I’m not upset, Spike. I love how you look at me.” She admitted.


He swallowed the lump in his throat. “R-really?”


She nodded. “W- would you like to… see more?” She asked in a shaky voice.


He gulped as he felt his manhood throbbed painfully. “Yes.”


Slowly, Buffy tugged at the end of her top and looked at him shyly before she started her painstakingly slow strip tease. Little by little, she bared her skin to him, starting from her navel… to her perfectly toned stomach…then paused when she bared just enough to show him the swell of her breast.


Spike began to feel his labored breathing. “Please…”


Buffy wet her lips as pulled her shirt all the way to the top then threw it on the bench behind her.


“Do you like what you see?”


His eyes raked over her half naked body.


“Touch me, Spike.” She grabbed his hand and placed it on one of her breasts. And he did.
He squeezed the mound and saw her gasped in delight. “Oh God! I’ve never been touched this way before. It feels soooo good unghhhhh.”


Spike leaned forward to enclose one pink nipple on his mouth. “ Taste so good…..My Buffy…”


“Don’t stop…..I want more…..” She begged breathlessly.


“Oh Buffy…”


“Spike…..please ….” She moaned desperately as she opened the buttons of her jeans and inserted one of his hands into her panties.




Fuck! Spike’s movement with his shaft became erratic as his fantasy showed him an image of Buffy’s center, so wet and ready for him. That made-up image alone had nearly sent him over the edge. He leaned his other hand on the shower wall for support as his pumped his cock faster. And within seconds, he came with a cry “Buffy!”


*******************

Buffy woke up to find Spike’s side of the bed empty. She briefly scratched her forehead as she wondered what could be so important that would urge him to leave her bed so early in the morning…again.


She looked through the window and caught the agitated looking Spike heading towards his home.


An idea suddenly crossed her mind. Swiftly, she changed into her sweatshirt and jogging shorts. Although, it would be easy if she could just ask him the reason behind all his disappearances, but Buffy thought that it would be a lot more fun if he were just caught in the act.


Within minutes, she was already at the Giles’ doorstep. She rang the doorbell once. No answer. Rang it again and still no answer. Buffy cocked an eyebrow. She turned the doorknob and luckily found out that it was open.


Slowly, she peeked her head through the doorway. “Spike? Are you here?”


Again, there was no answer.


Buffy climbed up the stairs then called out to him again just as she reached the door to his bedroom. “Common, Spike. It’s not funny anymore.”


She knocked before coming into his room. “ Spike?”


When she got in, there are two things that she noticed. First, was the pile of clothes scattered all over the floor and second, was the sound of the running water coming from his bathroom.


He’s in the shower, no wonder he couldn’t hear me . Feeling somewhat foolish, she plopped herself on the edge of his bed.


So he needs to get up to take an early shower. There’s nothing weird with that. Hmmm. Clearly, my brain does not function well in the morning. I’d better stop analyzing things before I put myself into a coma. She stood up and looked outside the window.


From where she was standing, she could see a very good view of Drusilla Thompson by the pool of her mansion, sunbathing in a skimpy black bikini. Her eyes widened in realization. So Spike leaves her bed very early just to spy on his crush. She grunted then looked away.


Buffy recalled the time when Dru and her family had moved into the neighborhood. Spike had been so excited to meet her that he insisted of hanging out by his backyard instead of the tree house. When she had a welcoming party she didn’t even get an invite. Not that she cares, but the infuriating thing was Spike got invited. And after the party, Spike was all Dru likes this, Dru hates that. Grrrrr! Oh how she hated that girl!


Suddenly, a strange sound coming from the bathroom disrupted from her inner brooding.


“Gghhhhh….Bloody good…...”


Was that Spike? She moved closer and placed her ear to his bathroom door.


“Cor…. Bnghhhhy…..” She heard him moan.. Oh no! Did he slip and hit his head on the tub? Her head began to fill with worry. He surely sounds like he’s in terrible pain. I’d better call out to him just to make sure . “Sp-“


“More…..” She heard him say. Is he talking to someone else in there? Her stomach almost turned at the thought of another girl in the shower with Spike. But she could only decipher one voice. He sounded so terribly desperate and…


The rest of her thoughts faded when her mind finally grasped what Spike must be doing behind those doors.


Could he be doing what I think he’s doing? An unusual feeling suddenly overcame her senses as she thought of naked Spike touching himself.


“ Please……Uggghhhh …...so lovely…..”


She gasped and found herself blushing furiously. She couldn’t let Spike know that she overheard him doing it. She needs turn on heels and leave…. Like now!


“Oh G-………I’m gonna… “ Buffy by this time was able to move away from the door while covering her ears. She could not take it anymore. What she had begun to hear was just too much for her young and inexperienced ears.


However, after a minute, her puzzled mind got the best of her so she went back to check if he was finished.


When she heard him stop the shower, this had her panicking. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to handle it if Spike knew that she’d been listening to his …moaning.


She was about to escape through the door when she heard the knob to his bathroom turned.
Damn! Quickly she scanned the area and saw the nearest possible place she could hide.


She didn’t know how she actually made it, but she did just in time that Spike got out of the bathroom.


She listened to his movements carefully. I guess I’ll just have to wait till he decides to go out. But what if he stays all day in his room? She thought worriedly. But she’s almost sure that he hadn’t eaten his breakfast yet so it’s really likely that he’ll come down to the kitchen any moment now. She heard the sound of the door being locked and his curtains being closed. Or not. She could tell from the shadows on the floor that his footsteps had practically gone almost everywhere until it halted directly in front of her. Oh God! He needs clothes. Duh! Of course he does! She slapped her forehead in frustration. Of all places she could’ve hidden why did she have to choose the closet?


It was good thing though that Spike’s closet were filled with so many coats and black jeans that she was able to crouch behind them and hide.



Hangers were pushed aside and some boxes were rearranged. Oh come on! How long does it take for a guy to pick his clothes? She thought agonizingly. It’s not like you have so many choices to choose from! It’s either the black or the blue shirt. Does it really freakin’ matter?



She looked up to find Spike standing right in front of her with just a small towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. She gulped. Oh dear me!



Could her face be any more redder? Why does her head have to be in the same level as his toweled waist? This is so damn embarrassing. Just then she heard him muttered something unintelligible. She could’ve sworn she saw a slight movement in his towel.



Buffy found herself muttering another curse….



Buffy gasped in shock when she saw the tented part of his towel. Holy Sh- Does it really supposed to be that big? He’s not gonna drop his towel right in front of her is he?


Relief washed over her when Spike turned to leave the closet.


Please close the closet. Please close the closet… .


He did came back to close it but he carelessly left a tiny gap just enough for her to get a very good view of him as he laid out his clothes by the edge of his bed.


She closed her eyes just before she heard his towel dropped to the floor. Don’t want to see Spike’s thing. Nosireee! Definitely not! But her innocent 16 year-old mind pleaded with her. Aren’t you a bit curious, Summers. You haven’t seen a guy’s thing in your entire life. Just a little peek would not hurt ya know. It would be strictly for learning purposes only.


With that final thought, she slowly opened her eyes. When she did, she could not quite make out what she just felt upon seeing a fully naked Spike with his back facing her.


“Oh shit!” She muttered as her eyes began to roam slowly from his firm looking back down to his tight looking buttocks. Wow! He looked so nicely built for a 16 year old. Since when did he had the time to go to the gym and-


The rest of her thoughts died and her eyes widened when she saw him turned her way.



For the very first time in her life, Buffy felt the unfamiliar stirrings arousal the moment her inexperienced eyes traveled upon his well-defined abs and hipbones down to the nest of curls that were guarding his manhood.


All of a sudden, the temperature began to rise all around her. She felt her face warming up with an unbelievable pace and her underwear she realized just got a little uncomfortable. Ohmygawd! I can’t believe I am looking at Spike’s thing! And it seemed to have grown much bigger than it already was when it was hidden behind his towel. She knows should feel ashamed and disgusted. She should be covering her eyes like any good girl would do and stop herself from staring at her best friend’s naked body in awe.


Buffy had expected him to put his clothes on any moment. However what she saw him do next had left her mouth dry and her body aching with want.


Instead of getting his clothes, his hand went for the lotion on top of his lamp table. Then he sprawled his body on his bed with his knee up.


Gah! What the hell is he doing? Look away, Summers. He may look so yummy and damn sexy lying on his bed like that but he’s still your best friend. She told her mind. You should know how to respect his privacy.


But the truth was, she already knew that she would not be able to take her away from him even if she tried.


As he started pumping, a sudden image of herself replacing those hands with hers appeared in her mind and wondered how it would feel if she were the cause of all those moans and mewls that were coming from his partially opened mouth.


“Fu-….! Love your mmmm…….Harder………”


Spike is now a picture of raw maleness with his head thrown back and one of his legs dangling by the edge of the bed. Buffy could not believe just how turned on she is at the moment. The ache within her just got unbearable as the movements of his hand became faster and faster.


And just as he reached his orgasm, his cries of completion were suddenly drowned out by the ringing sound that came from Buffy’s cell phone.


“Oh God! Oh God! “ Buffy frantically reached for the wireless phone in her pocket and hurriedly turned it off.


Oh no! I’m busted! She whimpered silently as she saw Spike quickly wiped his cum from his chest and went to approach his closet.


***************

Spike roared her name in ecstasy when he came. Although this time he tried to control his cry of pleasure since he saw a glimpse of Dru hanging out by her backyard earlier. He’s not looking forward to anyone discovering his newly found hobby any time soon.

In the midst of his orgasm he thought he heard his phone rang several times.


He reach over for the tissue on his bedside lamp table and wiped the cum on his chest and realized that he’s gonna need another bath to remove the mess and smell of his cum on his body.

He was about to go his closet and look for his wireless phone which he guessed could probably inside one of his jeans when he heard it rang again and this time the ringing came from the drawer of his beside table.

“Huh!” He scratched his head. He could’ve sworn he heard the sound of the ring from his closet. I guess I heard it wrong, he silently mused as he grabbed the phone from his drawer.


When he saw Buffy’s caller ID he immediately answered it. “ Buffy?” But the line was immediately cut off. However when he tried to return it, his call much to his dismay went straight into her voice mail. And so he turned off his phone and disappeared into his bathroom.

*************************

Buffy gave out a sigh of relief as she finally came out of the closet. That was a close one! She took a chance by calling his number. The fact is, she’s not even sure if his phone was anywhere near him. And it just so happens that his phone was inside the drawer of his nightstand. She had to thank her lucky stars for that. If it had been in his closet then it might have been over for her. She didn’t know what she would’ve done or how she would have reacted if Spike had discovered that she had just witnessed him played with himself.


Buffy hurriedly came out of the house with her heart pounding loud. Still a little dazed from the erotic scene that she saw, she bumped into Drusilla who muttered a strong curse when she almost spilled the soda that she was holding.


She could not believe that this was the girl her best friend had been crushing on these past few days. She’s not even that pretty. She’s too skinny and too pale.


But Spike seemed to like her just fine
, part of her mind replied. Buffy recalled an incident three days ago when Spike had suddenly behaved irrationally and told her that she has stupid hair. Spike probably liked dark headed girls, she thought to herself as she stared back at Dru.


“Why don’t you watch where you’re going, you stupid bint!” She yelled at Buffy, her eyes shooting daggers at her briefly before she resumed with her walk.


There she goes, the girl that my best friend is fantasizing about. She caught a wisp of her own hair then grumbled to herself as she started to head home. “Stupid hair!”


TBC


A/N: Hi Guys! First of all , I would like to thank Photographynut,Steph,Pams S ,Buffymon,Becky,Mikaela, Crystal Pegasus,Opal, Spikes_nibblet, mjspuff,spufette, ash, Kayla,Kelly,Jenn,Kimmie,laura Liz, Heidi,mastersgirl, sara m, candace, chrissnicole and britney for all the wonderful reviews. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks to all of my readers for sticking around.

Secondly, I'm itching to hear from you guys how my first attempt at naughty chapter went. I would love to know all your thoughts on this. Thanks!
The Strange girlfriend (part 1) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Just thought we have look at a day in the life of the scoobies from Anya’s point of view. I’m not really good when it comes to writing essays so you guys have to bear with me on this one ;-p

The paragraphs that are both in bold and italics are part of Anya's essay.



“You're a strange girlfriend”
- Xander , Pangs



Thursday 8:00 am


“I’m sorry, Ms. Jenkins. But I find your essay on Gandhi truly preposterous and incongruous.”


Anya gaped at her English Lit Professor. “ Incongruous? “


“Incongruous.” Mr Cowel in an irritated tone that made his British accent even more evident. “It means that the idea you came up with is just too illogical and bizarre. May I ask if you’ve even read his autobiography?”


“Huh?”


“His book, Ms. Jenkins. I’m asking if you were able to read it.”



“No. “ She paused. “I was about to, I did go to the library and looked for the book but it was already been checked out. So I did most desperate students would’ve done and-“



“You rented the movie, “ Mr. Cowel continued for her as he sighed in frustration. “But even if you watched the movie, it still doesn’t explain why you ended up having such a very peculiar point of view. Please understand that this is an essay and an essay has to be based on facts.”



Anya gave in. “Okay! So I wasn’t able to finish the movie. I got a little confused. I thought Ben Kingsley seemed to be a little too white to portray the role.“ She looked at her professor straight in the eyes and tried to plead with him. “ Mr. Cowel, I know I screwed up big time but you already told me that my grades are looking pretty horrible this semester so I kind of badly need not have a D right now. Is there any way I could make-up for it?”


Mr. Cowel looked thoughtful for a moment before he made his reply. “ All right. I will give you another chance and I will need it by Monday, but if you if fail to deliver it properly this time around, I’m afraid the D will have to remain.”


Anya smiled hopefully. “That’s great, Mr. Cowel! That means I could rewrite this essay again. I promise I will read the book this time. I’ll even ask my boyfriend to stop distracting while read and maybe make it up to him by-”


“Wait! I’ve actually decided to give you another topic for your essay. Although it’s not necessary, you may use any books that you think is appropriate. What I would require you to do this time is to write your essay by thinking with your heart.”


“Heart you say, Mr Cowel? I believe I can work with that as long as I don’t need to go to the library. I’ll take whatever topic you decide to-“


“True love, Ms. Jenkins. “ Mr. Cowel told her. “Your next topic is about true love.”


*************************


Friday morning, 7:30 am



“True love?” Xander asked Anya in disbelief.


“Right! True Love. “ She repeated to him excitedly. “ Isn’t that amazing! I mean how hard can it be? True love, pff! I’m going to ace this in no time!”



Xander who had a hard time trying to suppress his amusement, finally burst out into a roar of laughter.


“What?”


“It’s just that…Anya Jenkins…. The girl who thinks that everything is about sex…. is writing an essay on True love! Now that’s something I need to see!” he mocked her playfully


Xander Harris, my love monkey, my sweet cookie-face the guy of my wet dreams can be terribly daft sometimes. Sure I can be blunt and tactless sometimes…All right! Most of the times, but there are instances like now that shows just how much he’s ignoring the fact that I’m still human, despite my shortcomings. He doesn’t seem to realize that I’m not really as heartless as he thinks I am..


Anya snorted and ignored her boyfriend’s snarky laugh as she went on wit her task of writing her essay. She still has a lot of time on her hands since her next class won’t start till after lunch.



Now where to start? She said in her thoughts. I could write an outline first, hmmm….But Willow had told me once that writing an outline could take up a lot of time and that if I have an idea what direction my paper is going then I should not have a problem with writing it in the first place.


What I probably need to do is start out in defining what true love is then I could from there. Okaaaay. What IS true love?


Several moments later, Xander halted from doing his own homework and went to sit on the edge of the bed beside Anya who’s sporting a big scowl on her face. He peered into her laptop and saw that her Word document is still blank.


“Aaaah!” Anya broke out exasperatedly. “ I can’t do this! I mean I know I already feel something for you Xander, but putting it into writing, I don’t know if I can do that.” She closed her laptop and faced him. ” If you ask me, I’d rather be talking to you about our upcoming vacation in Hawaii! That’s already a week from now! I feel like I’m going crazy just thinking about it.” She grabbed the brochure on her nightstand and began skimming through the pages.


“Ahn, about that.”


“Oh wow! I can’t believe that we are going on a hummer safari adventure! “


“Anya, there’s something that I need to tell you.”


“And we could view the sunset from the summit of Mauna Kea which is happens to be the tallest volcano on the planet, wouldn’t that be so romantic! I bet we could even do a quickie in one of their restrooms and find out if doing it from a high place would affect the height of our orgasm. Get it, height? “ She laughed at her own quip, not even bothering to check Xander’s reaction.


“Oh Xander! “ she threw her arms around her boyfriend. ” You don’t know how grateful I am that you’re spending the money you earned from your high school job just so we could have our own dream spring break. I knew I was right for not listening to Cordelia and Dru when they told me to leave you. You’re the most thoughtful boyfriend I’ve ever had. I’m so lucky to have you.” She gave him a fierce hug before she withdrew from him. “ Now that I finally got that out of my system, it’s your turn.”


Xander looked at her dazedly. “Huh?”


“You said you were going to tell me something.”


“Oh that! Pff! It’s nothing. Nothing important. “He looked at his watch. “Geez! Is that the time? I have to go. I almost forgot that I have an early class today. “ He kissed her so breathlessly that it left her wanting for more. “ I’ll see you later, ok.”


“Okay,” Anya said numbly as she stared after her boyfriend who disappeared behind the door. “Now that I have my inspiration.” Smiling to herself, she began to write her thoughts into her computer.



******************
Lunch time, 12:30 noon , Café Rayne

“True love is all about finding the right partner. It's how the human species has survived for thousands of years. It is the red hot urges that calls out for the man and woman to combine sweats and all other types of body fluids….” Willow halted her reading, cringing her nose as she handed the laptop back to Anya. “Oh I’m not sure I will be able to continue reading the rest of it."


“That bad, huh?”


“Look Anya. I’m not saying that your essay sucks but I think it would help you figure out what true love is if you just starts thinking with your heart first and not with your… you know.”


Willow Rosenberg, geek slash nerd turned cool ever since Oz became her boyfriend. I’m not really fond of her but I listen to whatever sort of advice she ever decides to throw my way. She’s part of the gang, therefore, it’s really hard to ignore her.


“Who says I’m thinking with my… Okay! It’s just is so hard not to mix them up. If you’d ask me, love and lust are a lot like the same. It’s hard to distinguish which is which.” She muttered.


“It’s only difficult because you think it is. Trust me, all you have to do is open your eyes.”


“Open my eyes? That simple?”


“Yup. “ Willow told her.


“Open my eyes. I think I can do that.” She punctuated her words with a nod.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Does true love even exist? If it does, where do we look for it? How do we find it? But the real problem doesn’t lie on where we could find it, but rather how do we even know if it is indeed true love when we see one?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


One moment later, Oz appeared, holding a wolf pez in one of his hands as he joined Willow and Anya at the café.


“Oh my goodness! Oz, Is that for me?!!!” Willow squealed.


“ I just thought maybe your witch pez is getting awfully lonely by herself.” Oz answered as he gave Willow a light peck on the lips.


Daniel Osborne or Oz , hmmm nothing much to say about him since he hardly ever talk. Probably from the number of times he would change the color of his hair in a span of one month, the ammonia must've travelled all the way to his brain and mucked-up his communication skills. He and I are totally opposite. He’s very selective with words while I….I don’t select. I say whatever comes to my mind.


“Anya did you say something?” Willow asked, looking at her strangely.


“No, I didn’t.” came Anya’s immediate guilty reply.


“Sorry I just thought I heard you mumbled something about saying whatever comes to you mind.”


See! “ Nope, you probably just imagined it.” She told Willow as the too cute for words interaction between her and Oz continues to unfold. These two lovebirds are truly strange. Does it mean that true love IS strange?


“What?” Willow asked when she saw Anya’s stare. “You know we both share this same obsession for the Vampire Slayer show. Oz is the wolf while I’m the witch.”


“Oh I knew about that! It’s just that you seemed too enthusiastic about one pez. “


Surprisingly, Oz responded for his girlfriend. “It’s actually not about the pez. “


“It’s not?” Anya looked at him quizzically. ”How could it not be? Didn’t you just see how she reacted to your pez?”


“It’s quite simple. I knew how Willow loves these things so the moment they became available in the Internet, I immediately got them for her. ”


“Thanks. Don’t I have the best boyfriend!” Willow told him sweetly.


Huh! Would youlook at that! PEZs and flowers are interchangeable. Tsk,tsk, I guess it depends on the person you’re giving it to .



“Hi guys! “ Buffy finally arrived and joined them at their table. “Whatcha all doin’ ?”


Oh, finally the teenage drama queen is already here! Don’t get me wrong. I like Buffy! I do! It’s just that there she is, engaged to one of the richest guys in UC Sunnydale, beautiful, blonde, and have somebody as cool as Spike as her best friend who happens to be drool worthy by the way, and still she looks far from being happy! Miles even! I mean if you’ll look at her, that’s definitely not the face of a girl who is about to get married. To be honest, she appeared more like a girl who is about to be thrown into the lion’s den.


“I’m doing my essay for Mr. Cowel while Willow is celebrating coz’ Oz got her a pez.” Anya informed her.



“Another pez huh? Is it a wolf pez ? I know you’ve been dying to get one of those for your witch pez.”


Willow smiled widely as she showed Buffy the pez that Oz just gave her.


“How thoughtful!” Buffy smiled at Oz.


“If you guys aren’t doing anything later, Willow and I will be having a movie night at my house. You guys should come.” Oz told them.


“Sure! We’d love to.,” Anya said. “ I’ll tell Xander. We’ll just stop by at the library then we’ll head to your house right after, how’s that sound?”


“Sounds good.” Oz replied then turned his attention to Buffy. “How about you, Buffy?”


“Sorry but I can’t tonight. I have a date with my dad. “ Buffy told them.


“Oh right!” Willow chirped.” I forgot about that. That’s really great, Buffy! Which ice show are you planning to watch this time?”


“Champions on ice! Dorothy Hamil is going to make a special guest appearance!”


“Oh wow! I know you’ve been wanting to see her perform live since…forever!”


“ I know! That’s why I’m so excited! Dad got us two front row seats.” Buffy beamed.


“Nice of your dad to do that for you.”


“Well, it’s not like he’d been there to support us all this time. I still couldn’t get over the fact that it was only a year ago when he’d decided to show-up after he left us for his secretary.”


“Yup. He does have a lot of making up to do. I’m glad that you’ve given him a chance.”


Buffy smiled. “So am I.”




TBC




A/N : YOU guys are so generous with all your reviews. I was shocked when I saw my story listed as one of the top 10 most recommended stories. I’m sooo grateful to you all!

I've just finished part two of this chapter. If I could get at least 10 reviews by midnight (central time), I'll post it right away. If not, I'll just post it the night after :-)

Again, thanks for reviewing!
The Strange Girlfriend (Part 2) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
I’m so sorry if I posted earlier today without an update to my story I went out with my kids and when I came back, you can't imagine how shocked I was when I found out the next chapter wasn’t there. It was definitely my bad since I didn’t double check it before leaving. Honestly, I don’t know how that happened. Again sorry :-) I hope this 2nd installment would compensate for my carelessness.

So Cynthia, it was definitely not you, sweetie.

Also I took a chance by splitting this into 2 chapters. I suggest that you read again the first part before you read part two just to get back into the momentum. Thanks everybody for being supportive.

Also please note that the words in both italics and bold are part of Anya's Essay.
Again I warn you that I'm not good in writing essays so please bear with me.



“Nice of your dad to do that for you.”



“Well, it’s not like he’d been there to support us all this time. I still couldn’t get over the fact that it was only a year ago when he’d decided to show-up after he left us for his secretary.”



“Yup. He does have a lot of making up to do. I’m glad that you’ve given him a chance.”



Buffy smiled. “So am I.”


***********************************************************************************************************

Love exists in so many ways and in so many meanings the makes the word itself universal. But looking for true love does not necessarily mean that we need to go the ends of the world to find it. True love may be closer than you think.

************************************************************************************************************

Buffy’s cell phone rang a few minutes later “Oh hi! … Great! We’ll see you then.”



“ So! You’re boyfriend’s back, huh?” Anya assumed judging by the way Buffy was blushing.



Buffy’s eyes went big as headlights when she responded. “What! Boyfriend? No, that was Spike. He said he’s coming to meet with us later right after his last class.”



“Are you ok Buffy? You look a little flushed.” The red head asked with a touch of concern in her voice.


“I am? “ Buffy asked apprehensively. “ Must be the heat.”



“But it’s winter. “ Anya countered.



“ Oh right. M-must be uhm… coming down with something.” She awkwardly stammered, looking down at her cell phone. When it rang again, the look of relief in her face were almost comical.



“Hi Riley….”



As Buffy chatted with her fiancé through the phone, Anya couldn’t help but wonder if something was amiss, judging from the way, Buffy’s expression changed from hot to cold in a span of two seconds. She appeared too relaxed to be talking to the person she’s about to marry especially if they seem to be arguing about something.”



“Bad news?” Willow asked Buffy later after she got off the phone.



“He said he wouldn’t be able to come home till next week. He’ll probably just fly here with his parents.”



“ Oh that sucks! I know I wouldn’t be able to stay away from Oz that long even if I tried.”, Willow said smiling at Oz.



“There’s more. “ Buffy added.



“What is it?”


“Our wedding planner called last night and gave me the heads up that most of the restaurants here in Sunnydale were already booked till the end of next year. He told me that he will be sending his assistant over by Monday. He had insisted that Riley and I check these last two restaurants that he’d recommended so that they could reserve the date for us right away.”


“And the problem is?”


“It’s policy for that restaurant to have the future bride and groom present at the menu selection.”


“Don’t you think it’s a bit too early for selecting entrée’s for your wedding? Can’t you just initially reserve it then just come back with Riley later on?” Anya asked, suddenly intrigued.


“I know that, but the my planner insisted that I make some selections right away since we’re getting married on a peak season, the chefs preferred that they know all the possible entrée’s months before the actual reception.”


“I assumed that you already told Riley about this. What did he say?” Willow asked in a sympathetic tone.



“See that’s the thing. I didn’t tell him.” Buffy told them flatly.



“You didn’t… Why not?” Anya cocked an eyebrow.



“ I just thought of working it out on my own. I remember the last time Riley spoke with a hotel manager, he almost had him fired for neglecting to put out name in VIP list. So if you’re asking me if I’m looking forward to any repeat of that frightful incident, the answer is- a world of no.”



Willow looked thoughtful for a minute before she asked “Tell me, have you met his Assistant before?”



“Well, no. It’ll the first time that I’ll met with him…. or her.”



“Perfect!” Willow told her excitedly.



“And that’s perfect because?”



“Trust me. I got a plan.”



***************

Friday 4:00 pm


***********************************************************************************************************
A very wise friend told me once that in order to find it, I need to open my eyes and I did. I looked around me and felt it.

***********************************************************************************************************



Anya reached the hallway just outside Spike’s History class with a big frown upon her face. She and Xander had a big argument over his tardiness when he met her at the cafe. Anya was surprised that she found him in a bad mood. Her constant nagging had made it a lot worse.



At the hallway, she saw Dru and Cordy who seemed to caught up in a deep conversation with Parker. She found herself cocking an eyebrow at Harmony who gave her a cold stare when she saw her approaching.



Anya felt mentally relieved when she spotted Willow chatting up with Buffy, Oz and Xander at the other side while Spike just got out of his class, looking very agitated. He didn’t see her approach him.



Salty goodness Spike. I look at him and the word ‘yum’ springs to mind. I do care about Xander, he’s really good-looking and sex that we usually have can qualify as one of those really explosive ones, but Spike? He’s Sex with legs! With those blue eyes, chiseled cheeks and killer six pack abs (Yes, I’ve ogled so him many times when were at the beach before and if I’m not mistaken so did Willow!) A woman could commit a sin just by looking at him.



Anya noticed right away how his face brightened up the moment he caught the sight of their friends. But there was something with the way he took his time and leaned on the side of door that instantly piqued Anya’s interest.



***********************************************************************************************************
I found true love in friendship. In the people who stuck by their loved one even if there’s no assurance that his love will be requited. True love is having to looking into someone’s kindness and strength and somehow knew it within your soul that She’s the One.
***********************************************************************************************************

Spike seemed to pretend to look at his notes while he stole secret glances at ….His best friend? Well, that’s interesting! Willow must’ve told them something funny for the rest of them burst into a fit of laughter including Buffy who at the moment had Spike so completely captivated.



“Why are you looking at her like that?”



Spike tore his gaze away from Buffy and turned to Anya. “Like what?”



“I don’t know. Like she’s the most precious thing in the world?”



“Who? Drusilla?”



“And just how dense do you think I am? You know who I’m talking about, Spike. ”



Spike heaved an exasperated sigh. “ Buffy.” He finally said.” How did you-”




“I just kept my eyes open.” Anya intercepted then added proudly.” I had a good teacher.” she recalled Willow’s advice “I’m assuming you haven’t told her yet?”



“Tell her what?”



“That you’re totally and deeply in love with her. “



“Who says I’m….Bloody hell! I can’t all right!”



“Oh my God! I was right! “ She screamed, smacking painfully him on the arm


“Ow! What did you do that for?”


Anya growled in response. “ Why in the world would you keep a secret like that! Do I need to remind you that she’s about to get married in a few months?!!!”



“It’s complicated. “ he told her seriously. “ And if you don’t mind I’d rather we keep it that way.”



“Men! “ Anya made an unladylike snort. “No wonder I’m having such hard time communicating with Xander. You guys spoke cavemen language.”



“The whelp is a bit edgy today. But I couldn’t really blame him since he’s going through a tough time with his family.” Spike turned to where Xander was standing then added sympathetically. “I’m glad he has decided to tell you though. For a moment there I thought he wouldn’t have the guts to cancel the trip. To tell you the truth, I was really surprised myself when I found out that his dad lost his college savings to gambling. I feel bad for him.”



Anya froze, wide eyed and stared back at Spike. “Hold it! Did you just say that Xander lost his college money due to his father’s gambling?”



“You mean he hasn’t told you?” Spike looked like a kid who got caught stealing from a cookie jar. “I thought that was what you two argued about.”



With purpose in mind Anya quickly made her way to her boyfriend. “Xander, why didn’t you tell me?”



Xander quickly caught on what Anya was asking him about. He turned to the rest of the gang. “ You have to excuse us.”


He guided Anya to one of the empty classrooms.



“ I’m sorry. “ Anya pleaded before she threw herself into his arms as tears started to flow from her eyes. “ I didn’t know.”



“I’m sorry too.” He told her as he stared deeply into her way. “ I couldn’t tell you. I didn’t want you think that you’ve chosen a loser for a boyfriend. Can you imagine what Dru and her minions would say the moment they found out about it?”



“But they already think I’m dating a loser?” Anya mumbled good-naturedly.



“Huh?”



“The fact is, no matter what we do, those nosy good for nothing bitches would come up with practically anything to mock our relationship. And I feel sorry for useless attempts coz’ no matter what they say or do, nothing will ever keep me from you.”



Xander withdrew from her embrace and looked at her lovingly. “Is it me or is my girlfriend beginning to sound like Mr. Cowel?”



She chuckled in return. “It’s you.” She teased him back. “Oh before I forget, we have to call our agent right away and cancel the trip while we still can. I know that if we act fast, we could still get a full refund.”



“What? No! We’re not going to cancel the trip. “ Xander told her in a determined tone.



“We have to. You need the money and I-“



“Anya” He cut in, “ I know that this trip means so much to you and it means a lot to me that you’re happy. I love you, Anya.”



Tears welled-up in her eyes once more upon hearing his confessions of love for the first time. “ Oh God, I love you too. I don’t want to go Hawaii any more Xander…”



“But-“



“No buts. Will you listen to me? I want you to know that I would be much happier if we could just scrap the whole trip and just go somewhere we could be alone for the Spring break. Even just hanging out by your dorm room will be excellent for me, as long as we’re together.”



Deeply touched by Anya’s words, Xander could not resist anymore and dipped his head to give his girlfriend a passionate kiss. They only withdrew when air became an issue. “How did I ever get so lucky?” Xander told her huskily.



“No, I’m lucky. Because of you, I finally get it. I've finally gotten what it means.”



************************



So does love truly exist? You bet it does. It’s not in the number of orgasms that you did with your partner or the Hawaii trip that you’ve been planning this entire semester. But rather it’s the number of times that you keep falling for the same guy each time you discover the real person beneath the surface. Once you’ve realized that you’re willing to think beyond your own happiness, that’s the time you may say that you’ve finally found yourself your one true love.




Satisfied with the final part of her essay, Anya clicked the save button with a smile on her face and closed her laptop. And Xander thought I couldn’t think beyond sex.Pff!



End of Anya’s POV

***********************

On that very same day, Buffy showed-up behind Spike’s dorm room with her heart pounding so loudly in her ears. Ohmygawd! I can’t believe I am doing this. An entire day had already passed since they kissed and the feel of Spike’s lips on hers still shows vividly in her mind.

She knew for sure that he’s in love with Dru so why did he kiss her? Could it be possible that he had feelings for her all along? Buffy shook her head tried to think clearly.


If Spike was starting to feel something for her other than brotherly love, shouldn’t he have told her by now? And even if he’s showing interest in her it doesn’t necessarily means that he’s in love with her, does it? He could just be coming down from a rebound and here she was trying to put meaning into a kiss that she shouldn’t even know about. Ugh!!!! Since when did thinking about her best friend became so complicated as this? Oh right, since you two made with the smoochies!


I’m getting married to a wonderful guy and l still couldn’t stop thinking about Spike. The past is over and Riley is her future. I’ll be damned if I let him hurt me once again.


She knew she should stay away, but circumstance has led her to his doorstep. There was no other way. She needed his help now more than ever.



Sighing, she finally knocked.


A sleepy looking Spike sans shirt opened the door for her. “Buffy, come in.”


“Listen, I need to meet with my dad in few minutes so I’ll be quick and straight to the point. I need to ask a favor from you.”



“All right. Sure I’ll do it.”


“Wait, you even haven’t heard what the favor was.”


“I’m sure it’s nothing I can’t do Buffy. Come on tell me what it is.”


“Spike,” She drew out a big breath before she blurted out. “ Can you please be my fiancé this coming weekend?”



TBC


A/N : Hmmmmm, So Buffy’s been hurt before. I wonder what she meant by that? (Grins wickedly)
For now, I can assure you that I will most definitely continue the story as long as you guys keep reading it. I’ve already written the outline to this story so I pretty much know where the mushies and smoochies are (Winks). I never knew writing a fanfiction can be so exciting!


My thanks to Laura Liz, PhotographyNut, roo, rosie, Cynthia, ash, Kayla, Candace, Mikaela, chrissnicole and to Crystal Pegasus! Thanks to your awesome reviews. I hope you continue to enjoy the story.
Second Chance by slaymuch




They opened the doors to the arena at exactly 7 pm. Buffy and her dad, Hank got in line. Considering the way the crowd had gathered so quickly, the two were able to find their way to their seat in no time at all. Buffy was surprised to find that the seat he got for them were really good ones. Not only that they were basically in the front row, to her delight she discovered that they were practically seating near the corner of the arena where the skaters would enter and exit the ice. She could already feel the excitement building as she thought of watching her favorite skaters up close.


“This is great, dad. .” She told her dad delightedly.


“Honey, I know how much you love Dorothy Hamil. This way, you could get a real close shot of her when you use your camera.”


"Love it! " she turned to him. "I can't believe I'm about to watch Dorothy skate in person! Thank you."


“I just want you to be happy. "


" Believe me I am!"


"But-"


"Dad! Come on. Will stop being worried already. I'm HAVING a great time. "


"I know sweetie, it's just that -"He turned serious."This is nothing compared to what I…” Hank struggled with his last words.


Buffy squeezed his hand to assure him.


“You deserve more.” Hank managed to add, though his voice were thick with emotion.



Buffy felt a mixture of pain and sympathy as she recalled the time her daddy left them . She was only 12.



Buffy came home one night from school to find her mom in tears. At that time, she had no clue about her father's misdeeds. Her mom tried to hide the fact that her dad had been cheating on her for the last two years. And Joyce hated it even more that she had to find the truth from a common friend. Initially, Hank had tried to deny those accusations, but on that day with just a few weeks before her mom and dad’s 14th wedding anniversary, Hank had finally decided to pack-up his bags and move to LA with his lover.



Buffy had sworn to herself at that moment that hell would freeze over first before she would ever let her dad come near them again. Although the course of her mom and dad's divorce had been short and easy, the healing process they've endured had been nothing but painful and excruciating.



For 8 long years, Hank had practically disappeared from Buffy and Joyce’s life. Even if he didn’t deny them the financial support that they badly needed at that time, one could easily count the number of times that he had tried to get in touch with them. It took some time before Buffy finally realized her dad is never going to come back. Hank had moved on with his life and so should they.



She tried to forget him, made herself believe that her dad was already dead to herself and her mom. It was the only way they could move on. And moved on they did. Once they’ve learned to accept the reality that from then on, it will just be the two of them, things had started to become more bearable for them.



Finally, happiness slowly began work its way into their lives once again. And just when life was beginning to get easier on them, Hank chose the time to show-up at Spike’s home. Incidentally, Giles and Hank had spent the whole afternoon to themselves, catching-up with what's going on with their lives. And that’s when she found out that Hank been living alone in LA for the last few years. The secretary that he had ran off with had decided to leave him for a much younger guy.



The last 5 years had been somewhat tough on him since he'd chosen to remain alone in his small dingy apartment in LA as a way of punishing himself from the wrong things he'd done. He wanted his family’s forgiveness but he just couldn’t bring himself to face them. How could he? When in his heart he knew he doesn't deserve to be forgiven.


Buffy recalled the way her father pleaded for her forgiveness. Their reunion opened up so many heartaches that she already thought were long gone. At first, she couldn’t even bring herself to look at him let alone forgive him. However, so much like the large expanse of ice that lies before her, the wall she’d built around her heart for so many years had began to melt. With the help of Spike and his father Giles, father and daughter were finally able to reconcile. Little by little, Buffy was able to welcome back her father into her life.



“ I know daddy. “ She told him sympathetically “ I’m glad you came back.”



“So glad to hear that.”



After the show ended, Hank took her took a fine dinning restaurant in a nearby town. They ate while Buffy filled her dad in with what's happening in her life, her friends and finally her engangement to Riley.


"I know that it's not any of my business," Hank started." But are you sure about Riley?"


"Dad!" She whined. "What's wrong with Riley? You've met him. He's a nice guy, right?"


"He's nice and I know he's rich but I'm just concerned, honey. I just don't think he's the right guy for you."


"Oh my God! Have you been talking to Spike? Did he put you up with this?"


"No Buffy he didn't. But I'm glad that you mentioned him." He told her tentatively. "Spike...he's a good guy."


"Yes he is. But I wonder what that has anything to do with my engagement to Riley."


"Spike will be good for you sweetie. I think he's the guy that would make you really happy."


"Spike? Dad, first of all, Spike and I are just friends and second, I am happy with Riley. "


"But that's how your mom and I started. We were best of friends before-"


"I know but, I'm engaged to Riley and he's...he's inlove with somebody else."


"I see....Are you sure about that?"


"Yes I'm sure! Ughhh" She groaned. "Even if I'm not engaged and he's not..... We're just friends."


Hank had wanted to argue but somehow he didn't saw the need to explain anything when he knew her well enough to know that she's hiding something . For now, he's just going to let it all slide and let her figure it out for herself. Yup, that's what he's going do. Sit back let fate take its course....for now.


Half an hour later, he drove her back to her dorm .


“You know, there were times when I would stand just outside the house and imagined myself coming in to ask for her forgiveness " He told her with a pang of regret in his voice. "But then I would just end up turning on my heels and leave. Not only that your dad is a jerk, Buffy. But also a coward.”


“You don’t have to scared of anything, dad. I’m sure mom will forgive you.”


“How could she forgive me, Buffy. If I were her, I'm sure as hell I wouldn't forgive myself. “



“What do you plan to do dad? Wait till you’re both old and gray till you have the guts to do what is right? If you truly love mom, you won’t wait. You will take the chance no matter what harsh words she might throw at you. The important thing is that you took the chance.”



**********************************************************


Jenny Calendar stopped whatever she was doing at the kitchen and ran up the staircase the minute she heard William crying in his room.


“What’s the matter sweetie? Had a bad dream again?”


“Yes mummy.”


“Oh honey!” Jenny pulled her 8 year old son close to her and whispered words of comfort into his ear. “Would you like to tell mummy what you dreamed about?”


“I dreamt that you left us, mummy.” he told her between sobs.


“It’s only a dream, dear. You know that can never happen.” Jenny assured him.


“But the kids at school, some of them only live with just their Mummy or their Daddy.” William insisted.


“Is this because you heard your Dad and I arguing a while ago?”


William nodded.


“We were just talking sweetie. There’s nothing to be worried about..”


“ I don’t want you to leave me mommy and I don’t want daddy to leave me either. “


“Oh William, I will never leave you no matter what,” She kissed him in the forehead. ” I promise that loving you will always comes first.”



“BRRRRNGGGG!”

Spike awoke with a gasp as the sound of his alarm clock pierced the predawn darkness. Feeling a little disoriented, he sat up and looked around his bedroom until it dawned on him that he’s having one of those dreams about his past. Like he'd always done in the past, he quickly shrugged off the image of his mom in his head and concentrate the day that lies ahead and looked at the clock. It said 4 am. It will be at least 4 hours more before Buffy shows up at his dorm.


As he lay on his bed and looked up in the ceiling with a stupid grin on his mouth, his head brought him back to the time he heard Buffy’s interesting proposition.


Flashback ( the day before)


“Spike,” She drew out a big breath before she blurted out. “ Can you please be my fiancé this coming weekend?”


“What did you…Oh Bloody hell! Summers, what are you up to?”


“What makes you think that I’m up to something?”


Spike cocked an eyebrow at her. “ Buffy…”


“All right! I have a problem ok!” she exclaimed.


“Well I could see that.” He said, giving her a disapproving look.


“The thing is Riley is out of town and-“


“You’re missing captain cardboard and you need somebody to play your boy toy while he’s not around.”


Her eyes went big. "No!"


“So you’re not missing him!”


“No! I mean- Yes! "


“My, you’re one fickle minded bird these days.” He chuckled, looking very amused at her discomfort.


“Yes, he's my fiance' of course I miss him and no, I am definitely not looking for a boy toy! ” She told him a little too defensively that it made him wonder a little.


“Relax, Summers. I’m just playing with you.” He told her, grinning. “ Why don’t you come in and tell me more about …what you just told me.”


He saw the way Buffy’s eyes landed on his chest and saw the way her cheeks blushed at the same time. Then she looked at him and he for a minute he thought he saw lust flickered in her eyes but it was gone quickly before he was able to make sure.


And so, Buffy tried to stay calm as she relayed her dilemma while Spike struggled with holding back his laughter. “What’s so funny?" She crossed her arms over her chest." I have a BIG major problem, Spike. And here you are making fun of me.” She frowned.


“Sorry luv,” He apologized when he was able to compose himself. “ It’s just that you just wasted your time coming here.”


“But you already said yes!”


“That was before you told me the bit about pretending to be your fiancé.” Although Spike realized the kind of trouble she’s in, he didn’t want to partake in a charade that would obviously lead him into deeper trouble.. He’d already made the mistake of kissing her 2 days ago which made his desire for her grew even ten times stronger, he’ll be damned if he’ll let her play with his heart strings again by letting her get close to him..


“Spike please?” She pleaded.


When he saw the way her lips formed into a pout, he immediately found himself lost in them. “God! Those lips make me crazy. “ He muttered incoherently.


“You said something about my lips?”


He cleared his throat.” I said those lips… need a little Chapstick.” He told her, turning away as he shut his eyes in frustration.


“Really?” Buffy said, scrunching up her nose as she disappeared into his bathroom. “ Be right back.”


Those lips need a little Chapstick. Good work spike, he scolded himself mentally.


Minutes later, Buffy reappeared with her lipstick fully retouched. “Okay, now how do I look?” She mocked him by closing her eyes and puffing out her glossy lips like she’s waiting for him to kiss her.


When Buffy opened her eyes, she’d half expected to see Spike laughing at her but instead she was surprised to find a serious looking Spike staring back at her with an unfathomable expression on his face.


Looking at Buffy’s lips, his mind automatically recalled the kiss they had shared 2 days ago, the one that Buffy doesn’t even know about, and that thought made him want to throw away all of his reservations and just have his vicious way with her.


Lost in a trance, he stared into her eyes with his heart wildly racing. Just as he was about to close the distance between them, a loud ringing sound suddenly snapped him back to his senses. He looked at the caller ID. Dru. What the bleedin’ hell does she want this time?


“ Hello. Dru? Can I call you back? I’m kind of right in the middle of something…. Yes I promise to call you.” He told her impatiently. “ Okay? Bye.”


“ I need to go. “ Buffy told him, a trace of anger in her voice.


“But you just got here?”


“Spike, “ She sighed heavily then went on.” I have a date with my dad and I have to meet him in a few minutes. Now that I got your answer, there’s really no need for me to stick around anymore,” she told him hurriedly as she got ready to leave.


“Do I get something return?” His question immediately stopped her dead on her tracks.


“What?”


“If you want me to pretend to be your fiance' , Buffy I’ll have to ask something in return.” He said cockily as he crossed his arms over his shirtless chest.


Buffy turned to face him with a hint of excitement in her eyes. “ Name it. I’ll do anything.”


“Anything?”


“Yes, anything.”





TBC




A/N: Thanks to Ash, Roo, ChrissNicole, PhotographyNut, Rosie, Candace, Crystal Pegasus, Laura Liz, Aprilyn, Steph, Jessica, Whyme for the awesome reviews you’ve given me on my last chapter. Thank you! Thank you!
Moving On (Part Two) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
To my readers who read Chapter 15 yesterday, I’m so sorry! I got so excited in posting it that I failed to include the part where Hank tells Buffy what he thinks about Riley. It was almost midnight when I was able to correct it .



Flashback - 4 days ago


“I AM getting married. Really Xander, what’s so outrageous about that?” came Buffy's offended tone.


“My apologies Buffster. It's just ....I didn’t expect it this soon.” He approached Buffy to give her a warm hug. ”Congratulations, Buff!”


Anya now grabbed Xander’s hand .” We have to go guys! All that engagement talk got me a little hot and bothered. Xander and I needs to take care of that right away. See you later at the Bronze guys!”


"Bye!"


Willow wasn’t surprised at all when she saw the look of apprehension on Buffy’s face the moment the two of them were left alone.


"Guess you're probably so excited about everything." Willow said, trying to gauge her friend’s reaction. She knew exactly what’s going on inside the blonde’s head.


“I don’t know. I guess I could feel the excitement building. It’s like plain old Buffy left the building and now I’m all Energized Buffy. I know I have so many things to do. I don’t even know where to start. It’s a good thing we have a wedding planner coz you know Riley doesn’t want me to fret so much about it. Did I tell you already he’s rich?”


“U-huh.” Willow replied, not all convinced. There must be a way she could make Buffy realize that she’s making a terrible mistake. “He’s old reliable and rich Riley Finn. I know that he loves you, so much that there's no doubt in my mind that he'll take good care of you, sweetie. You're lucky. Not all people are blessed to be with the one they want. No siree. And don't you dare worry about what the others might say. The important thing is that you're happy and that you’re going to live the rest of your life with the man you love.”


And with that last comment, all of Buffy’s resolve began to shatter. Her once lively face immediately got distorted and within seconds, she found herself bursting into a flood of tears.


"Buffy?" came Willow's concerned voice.


“Oh Wills. What am I going to do?”



Willow immediately gave her friend a comforting hug. “Shhh, Buffy it’s okay. Everything ‘s going to be okay.”


“But I’m far from being okay.” Buffy tried to compose herself. “I mean I care about Riley. I do. It’s just that…When Riley asked me to marry him and I said yes, I thought that …”


“You’re finally over HIM. But you’re not?”


Buffy shook her head. “ I guess I am not. I can’t help it. I hate the fact that after all this time, I’m still in love with him, Willow. I am still in love with Spike.”


Willow’s eyebrows came together in a painful frown. “ Ooookay.”


She knew about her friend’s secret. Stuffs that Buffy could not share with Spike, she shared it with her. Willow knew exactly when Buffy feelings for the bleached blonde had started to change and just how heart broken Buffy was the moment Spike started dating Dru.


Fact was it was only a year ago when she thought Buffy had finally moved on when captain of the basketball team, Riley Finn had asked her out on a date and she had said yes. I guess I thought wrong, Willow thought silently.


Willow withdrew from their hugging session to look into her friend’s face. “Buffy, if you’re still in love with him, why are you marrying Riley?”


“Because I’m done waiting. I’m not waiting anymore for Spike to wake up one day to realize he’s in love with me. That’s never going to happen. It doesn’t matter that he and Dru are not together anymore. It’s so obvious how he never quite got over her. He never dated anyone else ever since they’ve broken-up.”


“Look, Buffy, I’m not trying to point any fingers but don’t you think you should’ve at least thought it over before you said yes? ”


“I know, it might look like I’m using him but I when I marry him, I’ll be fully committed, Willow. I do feel something for Riley. In time I know I will be able to return his love.” Buffy explained.



“Oh Buffy, I don’t think that’s how it works sweetie. Either you’re in love with Riley or not. I agree with you that there’s a big possibility that you might learn to love Riley but I don’t think it’s right for you to lie to him or to yourself. He deserves to know. I also believe Spike deserves to know about that too.”


“No way!” Buffy replied promptly.” I don’t think I can ever tell Spike again. I mean I tried to before. But things eventually got in the way. Dru happened and then Riley. Fact is, I don't think I could ever compete with that loony ho.”



“Hold on just a minute there! You told me yourself that Spike doesn’t deserve her and you know that you are twice the woman that she is…or something.”


“I don’t know Willow. I just don’t want to get hurt anymore.”


“That’s basically it , isn’t it?” Willow told her irritatedly.


“What do you mean?”


“You know what I mean!” Willow pointed out, her resolve face in place.


“ I’m sorry but I do not, so please enlighten me!” Buffy told her, raising her voice.


“I remember those times when you came to me practically heart broken because of Spike’s relationship with Dru, but the thing is those are not the only ones you meant when you mentioned about getting hurt.” Willow accused. “ Your dad. He hurt you so much when he left you and your mom.”


“Well gee thanks for reminding me, Ms. State the Obvious! Tell me something I don’t know.”


“Listen to me Buffy. You may not realize this, but that’s the reason why you’re marrying Riley.”


“You don’t know what you’re talking about.”


“Do I? Buffy, come on it’s me who you’re talking to here. You don’t want to take your chance with Spike because he has the power to hurt you too.”


“Willow, I admit that up to now I hate what my dad did. I hate the fact that up to now he’s a coward…that he’s still afraid to ask for my mom’s forgiveness. But that’s not the reason why I’m marrying Riley. “


“Then what’s the reason, Buffy?”


“I don’t know. I’m just….” She sighed. “I’m tired of waiting Willow. I’m tired of waiting for the guy who’s never going to fall in love with me. I just feel that what I need right now is somebody who’s crazy about me , somebody who’ll think about me just before he goes to sleep, somebody who’ll love me for who I really am. That’s the guy I want to marry Willow… Don’t you think it’s about time that I moved on with my life?”

---------------------------

PRESENT TIME

Inside Spike’s dorm room, the bleached blonde was about to enter the bathroom to take a shower when he heard the phone rang. He ran to grab the receiver thinking that it could be Buffy.

He fervently hoped she hadn’t changed her mind about the whole fiancé thing. He still has his mind set on her promise of giving him *anything* in return for the favor she’d asked from him.


“Hello.”


“You haven’t called me back my Spike.”


“Dru.” Spike frowned, deliberately chose not to return her call. He’s not in the mood for cracking outlandish riddles. “ I’m not yet done with my part of the thesis if that’s what you’re gonna ask.”


“Spike, I need to talk to you about something important. I was wondering if we could meet later today.”


“I’m afraid I can’t today, Dru. “


“How about tomorrow night at my house?” Dru suggested.


“All right, I’ll be there.”



TBC


A/N: On the next chapter, Spike’s torturous charade begins. A huge thank you to everyone who reviewed my last chap. Michelle, Crystal Pegasus, PhotographyNut, Jessica, Laura Liz, Kayla, Ash, Rosie and Kass. Thanks to all my readers! Big hugs to everyone! Thank you so much!
Getting Ready by slaymuch
Buffy checked herself in the mirror for the umpteenth time that morning and finally, she was happy with the result. The green halter chiffon dress with subtle floral print that extend just below the knees and the stylish sexy stilettos that showed her perfectly painted toenails brought out the romantic look that she had been tirelessly aiming for.



Typically, She would have asked her roommate’s opinion on the attire she’d just chosen but since last night was a movie night at Oz’s place this would automatically mean that Willow won’t be home until later. So for now she’d just have to rely on her own judgment. Besides, it’s not like she’ll be on a real date. She’ll just be out on a mission to reserve the wedding reception of her dreams...with Spike. So no biggie! Right?




Subtle make-up… check! Glossy touch of lipstick… check!





She'd moved continuosly around the room but her feet barely touched the carpeted floor while she hummed happily to her favorite tune from the movie while you were sleeping . The twinkle in her eye, the continuous glow on her face and the racing of her heart has to be part of some coincidence. Somehow she was able to convince her young and obstinate mind that her choice of clothing has nothing to do with a certain male blonde at all. Nor was her choice of wearing her hair down instead of the usual ponytail that she’d normally opted for.



She pulled out the jewelry box that Xander got her for her birthday from under her bed and opened up the compartment that contained all her bracelets. Among them, only two bracelets stood out. One was the 14K Diamond Bracelet and the other was the plain gold bracelet that has hearts and butterflies as its charm.



Without any form of hesitation, her fingers picked the one that Spike had given her and fastened it around her wrist. That simple act alone had just caused her skin to tingle and for her heart to flutter. Oh boy! Is she in serious trouble!



Her fingers played with the heart charms as her lips slowly formed a frown. She wondered briefly how she would ever get through the day without breaking down. It’s bad enough that she had to conceal her true feelings from Spike after all this time, but to be in a situation where she would need to act so closely to the real thing could prove to be heart wrenching and torturous. Would this mean that she doesn’t need to put on an act at all? If that were the case, how far would she able to do it without revealing the truth beneath such false pretenses?


Sighing heavily, she got out her engagement ring from her old jewelry box and put it on her finger. She realized that today would only be just the second time that she will be able to wear it. Despite the number of assurances that Riley had given her, she’d chosen keep it in her mom’s safe, thinking that it would be dangerous for her to wear a 20 thousand piece of jewelry on her finger around the campus. But just for today for the sake of their act, the beautiful diamond ring would hopefully create enough distraction for their substitute Wedding planner to not notice anything amiss.



Buffy looked at the clock in her dorm room and saw that it’s still 30 minutes left before Spike arrives. Since Spike’s dorm just happened to the building next to hers, she’d decided not to wait and instead just go to him herself.



Soon enough, Buffy stood at his doorstep with a very apprehensive look on her face. She knocked. No answer. Hmmmm? She knocked again. “Spike? It’s me, Buffy!” She turned the doorknob and found that it’s open. When she came in and heard the sound of his shower running, the word dejavu quickly sprang to mind. Oh no, no, no no, no!


She slightly whimpered as her memory automatically took her back to the time when she’d been caught in between a very similar situation. Quickly, she turned on her heels, fully determined not to have a repeat of that incident. It will be safer for me just to wait outside his room. Much safer.



“Buffy? Where are you going, luv?”



” I….” The rest of her sentence died in her throat as she felt her mouth go dry when she looked at him. She couldn’t help it as her eyes roamed hungrily over the man standing before her with just a small sized towel draped dangerously low on his hips. Her heart began to beat erratically as her eyes went as far as noticing the traces of small droplets of water clinging to his perfectly sculpted chest. “I…I thought I heard somebody knocked so I went out and checked it.” She continued, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice.



“ I see.”



Buffy came back in and closed the door behind her.



“So who was it, luv?” He asked as he went to dry his hair with the other towel in his hand.



“Huh?” she asked, dumbstruck.



“Did you saw someone out there?” This time he questioned with an amused grin. He felt pride surge through him when he noticed the way Buffy was gawking at his body.



“No…Nobody,” She shook her head vigorously, then looked down suddenly finding carpet on the floor very interesting. Was the color of his carpet always been this brown?



“What’s the matter, Summers? You’re acting like you’ve never even seen a naked guy before.” He waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her.




“Oh you have no idea,” She muttered absentmindedly.



“Excuse me?”



“Nothing! Uh…You know what? Why don’t I just go outside and wait for you.” She piped up almost breathlessly as she went to open the door.



“No! You don't need to do that.” Spike protested rather sharply as he came to stand beside her in a flash. His movement however had caused the towel on his waist to unwrap that it almost fell on the floor. Good thing, Spike was able hold on to it and was able to cover the lower part of his front.



“Eeeep!” Buffy screamed as his hipbones along with a hint of curls below his waist were partially bared before her. Quickly, she closed her eyes and turned herself around.



“I’m sorry.” Spike apologized awkwardly.” Right! Turn that way while I put on my clothes…”



Why does it always keep on happening to me? She thought frustratingly.



“So what was name of the first restaurant that we’re going to see?” He asked as he put on his pants.



Buffy tried to compose herself before she replied. “Actually it’s not just a restaurant. More like a first class hotel that has one of those huge ballrooms for wedding receptions. It’s called the Hotel Athenea and it’s located just outside of town.”



“You can turn around now, pet. “ He informed her.



Buffy obliged and instantly stared in awe at the quickly transformed Spike that now stood before her. “ Wow! I thought I’d never get to see the day that you’ll put on a pair of trousers.” She chuckled. “And that royal blue shirt you picked-out looks perfect on you.” It brings out the color of your eyes, she added silently.



“I know.” Spike grinned proudly. “Not the kind I would usually wear but we’re going to a fancy place and it’s not everyday I can have somebody as beautiful as you as my fiancée so-“



“You think I’m beautiful?” She asked coyly.



Spike’s eyes went wide when he realized his Freudian slip but just as quickly he caught himself and looked at her seriously.” Of course you are, pet. I man has to be blind not see that.”



Buffy’s face flamed scarlet in an instant.



“Thank you….You don’t look so bad yourself. ” She told him as her eyes went up to meet his.



“Well, if you think I look good, wait till you see me finish this up with the hair gel.”



“No! You don’t need to do that.” She told him sharply.” I like your boyish messed up hair look. It suits you.”



Spike hallowed his cheek in a smile. “Really? All right. “ He began combing his hair up with his fingers. “How’s this?”



Buffy shook her head “ Let me help you mess it up nice and proper.” She pulled him to sit on his bed to get a better access on his hair.



Spike almost groaned at the tingling sensation her fingers on his scalp had managed to cause. The sight of her chest rising and falling in rhythm with her breathing had him shifting uncomfortably in his seat.



“ There you go.” Buffy told him as she quickly moved away. With the way he looked and the way he smelled, she wondered worriedly how she’ll be able to last the entire day without jumping on him. “We should be heading our way. I don’t want Lorne to wait for us.”




“Hold it, Summers.” Spike grabbed her arm.



“What?”




“I just thought…If we’re going ahead with this, should we at least have some kind of plan?”



“Have any ideas?”



“I surfed the net last night and picked-up a few pointers in acting. One good tip I read was to put yourself into the character’s place.”



“Meaning?”




“Meaning the moment we start pretending, we have to leave our true selves behind. Today you’re not only my best friend but also someone who I’m supposed to be in love with.” He informed her while trying to avoid her eyes.



“ You mean I have to pretend that I feel that way about you too?” Buffy tried desperately to sound nonchalant as possible. “I think I can do that.”



“ Yeah. Good. Now that we’re on the same page we have to work on some sort of agreement on just how are we going to do this. The thing is, we have to really show them that we truly are together.”



“Well…I actually thought about it last night and It occurred to me that there are some couples who are conservative and they don’t like to exchange affections when other people around.” Buffy suggested.



“You mean like one of those boring couples?” He questioned, clearly annoyed.



“Yes like one of those…” Buffy groaned.” Look! We have no choice but to be one of them, Spike. I mean you can’t expect us to be all sweet and cuddly with each other when were really not engaged in real life.”



“But don’t we exchange affection all the time. We’ve been doing that ever since we were kids? We even snuggle overnight. I don’t see anything wrong with that. That’s how we are, Buffy. ” He told her then muttered a sarcasm faintly, “At least right before captain cardboard showed-up.”



“What?”



“Nothing.” He answered quickly as he briefly closed his eyes in frustration.



Buffy heaved a big sigh. “It’s different now. We can’t do those anymore. I am with you on the character thing. It’s just that I’m not sure if I can act like one of those couples you have in mind.”



“Not even hold hands?” He asked as he tried to hide the hurt in his voice.



“Sure we could hold hands.” She told him.



“But don’t engaged couples usually….I don’t know…uh kiss?”



“Kiss?” Her heart skipped a beat. “Spike…I don’t think-”



“Well, if you don’t want a kiss… how about just a quick peck on the lips?” He added desperately.



“Peck?”



“Will you quit answering my question with another question, Summers.” He told her irritably. ”Come on! How are on earth are we going to be able to pull this off if we can’t act like what normally engaged couples do?”


“Never done it before. “ She lied. “ With Riley …we usually kiss fully in the mouth and it would usually never ends there –“



The mere thought of Riley kissing Buffy was enough to get his blood racing and his stomach to twist. Hurt flickered in his eyes as he growled, pinning her angrily on the wall with both his hands on hers. “Well Riley’s is not here, is he? So I suggest that you quit talking about good old Finn and focus on the task at hand.” He told her harshly.



“Okay.” She answered breathlessly. His sudden closeness was wreaking havoc on her senses. She closed her eyes as she willed herself desperately to hold back her raging emotions. God what's wrong with me? And to think they haven’t even left his dorm room.



Spike’s stare turned soft as he let go of her hands. He noticed that she was wearing the bracelet that he gave her but chose not to mention it. Instead he dared to ask “Would you mind if….” He told her huskily.” I show you how it’s done?”



Her mind protested, but with just a few inches separating both of their faces all she could do was nod numbly as she found herself lost into his deep blue eyes. Can’t…think… Her stomach did a flip-flopping motion just as he saw him close their distance.



Spike heart was pounding hard against his chest at the thought of what he was about to do. His mind couldn’t function properly. He could only feel.



Tentatively, he moved his body close to hers. His fingers caught a strand of her hair that partially covered her face and carefully tucked it behind her ear. They lingered there for a while before they proceeded to cup her cheek and then slowly, he finally dipped his head towards hers.




Spike thought he heard her sigh when he brushed his lips to hers. Buffy, Buffy, Buffy… His mind sang bitterly as closed his eyes. He heart was beaming as well as hurting. It was just another reminder of what he could never have.



Unknown to him, Buffy was having own inner struggle with herself. She felt the great urge of pulling grabbing him by the lapels of his shirt so that she could have her way with him. His kiss, to her real knowledge could hardly be classified as a peck. But who’s complaining? If Spike could get into the character pretty well, so could she.



His lips lingered much longer than he intended before he brought his head up and moved himself away from her.



Buffy almost groaned at the sudden loss of contact. She cleared her throat. “ So that was the …”



“Peck.” Spike continued for her, his eyes dazed.



“Right.” She answered, her mind out of focus.



“Why don’t we uh…” Spike gestured towards the door, still panting for breath.



“Absolutely! I think we definitely should.” Buffy replied all too quickly as she headed out through the door.




TBC




A/N : Hello Everyone. So sorry for the delayed update. Just got back from a vacation and hopefully I could go back to the usual 2 postings a week that I normally do. Thanks for bearing with me. My thanks to those who recently reviewed -ELIOTxD, chrissnicole, photographynut, Rosie, Ash, Steph, Candace, Crystal Pegasus, Kayla, Sara M., Mikaela, Jessica, Stine, Laura Liz and Kimmie. Love you guys! Your support means so much to me.
The real me by slaymuch
Buffy just couldn’t get her mind off the kiss they just shared. Pull yourself together, Summers! She scolded herself as walked side by side with the bleached wonder. She was surprised when his steps came into a full stop. Her mind was so out of it that she didn’t even know how they got to the parking lot.




“Where’s your car, Spike?” Buffy asked. She’d already scanned the whole area, but his old black Desoto is just nowhere to be found. “ Are you sure we’re in the right parking area?”



"Oh I'm sure.” He told her with an amused grin.



Buffy scrunched up her nose in confusion. Was he grinning? I don’t see anything worth grinning about?. “Well it’s not here. All I could see is a Toyota hybrid and a blue Porsche convertible.”


When Spike pressed the keyless entry to the blue Porsche, Buffy’s jaw practically fell open. “What are you- Is this yours?!”



“Well for now, it is. My dad has a friend who works for a car rental company. " Whie that part is true . " He lent it to me for free. " This part on the other hand, isn't. " He made me promise to be really careful with it.” He told her as he instinctively opened the passenger door for her before he hopped into driver’s seat beside her.



“Wow! " She mouthed to herself then turned to him. "Are you sure about this?” Buffy asked him, as her heart continue to race. She couldn’t even tell if it was from finding out that they’ll be riding in a sports car or the fact that Spike just got all gentlemanly and opened the door for her.



“I just figured your wedding planner wouldn’t buy into our act if he saw me driving my old car.” he explained.


“Awwww! I thought that the black Desoto was your baby.” Buffy cooed teasingly.


“It still IS my baby!” Spike defended. “I did not ditch it… more like I sent my car on a spa or something since I left it at Clem’s Auto shop to have it detailed and washed.”



Buffy laughed as he turned on the ignition. He can be so cute whenever he’s being overprotective about his car. Just one of the million things I love about him. She instantly slapped her hand on her forehead when she realized where her thought had led her. “I’m doomed.”



“What?”


“I said…soon. I hope we’ get there soon. I don’t want to be late for an appointment.”


“Don’t worry. I’ll get us there faster than you can say you’re one hell of a good kisser.”


Absentmindedly, Buffy echoed his words. “You’re one hell of a good kisser.” She felt her face reddened the moment the words were out.


“Thank you.” Spike told her with her a smirk as his eyes landed upon her.




Buffy quickly looked away as she silently grumbled to herself. Oh boy!

************


Flashback A year after Jenny’s death


Like any Saturday morning, just before he goes to work, Rupert Giles would sit quietly in his favorite comfy chair, drink coffee and wait for his son to come home after spending a night at Buffy’s. Normally, Spike would be coming through the door at exactly 8:35 am but today the 15-year old teen is running a bit late.


No matter. Giles had decided to hang a little longer. His regular patrons at the bookshop can wait, but what he’s about to tell Spike simply can’t.


Just the day before, he met with the lawyer who handled his Jenny’s will. The teen didn’t want to come along and told him he’d rather spent last day of summer at the beach with his best friend. So he relented, thinking that the meeting won’t concern his son very much. But he thought wrong.


Spike came into the house and did a double take when he noticed that his dad was still home. “Dad?” He rechecked his watch and it said 10:48 am. “ I’m surprised that you’re still here.”


“Good morning, William.” Giles greeted.


“Is something wrong?” His brow furrowed in concern.


“Nothing’s wrong, son. Why don’t you sit down with me for a bit.” He answered calmly as he started to clean his glasses.


Spike continued to look at his dad oddly as he sat on the couch. “You just called me son while you’re cleaning your glasses, Dad. You can’t expect me to believe that nothing’s wrong.”


Giles gave him a stern look.


“Does this have anything to do with your meeting with Mr. Hamilton yesterday?” The teen asked.


“As a matter of fact it does.” The older man replied.


“I guess that means I’m out of here.” Spike told his father coldly as he stood-up from the couch.


“Ermm…William, I know that you don’t want to listen to anything that pertains to your mother but just this once I need for you to hear me out.”


“All right.” The teen told him, his face void of any emotion. “ I’m listening, Dad.”


“Good.” Giles sighed in relief before he continued. “Remember the story that your mom and I told you about? On how we met?” Giles began.


“Yeah.”


“Well, there’s something else that you need to know.” Giles told him seriously.


“You mean it wasn’t true?”


“The part where your mom and I met in a party in New York, that’s true. The rest….” Giles cleared his throat. “We neglected to tell you the part where we eloped.”


Spike’s stared at his father incredulously. “ W-why did you-”


“Because her parents did not approve, particularly, her father. You see, your mother came from a very wealthy family and they didn’t like the fact that your mom was dating an average bloke like me. So to cut the story short, even if her father threatened to disown your mom, so she left and went away with me to England”


“Oh….So my grandparents aren’t actually dead like you said?” Spike’s tone was bitter.


Giles sighed heavily “Yes. At that time when you asked me, your grandfather was still alive.”


Hurt flickered in Spikes eyes. He could not believe that after all this time his dad had been keeping this information from him. “And now he’s really dead.”


“Four years ago when he had a heart bypass….”


The boy’s jaw clenched and unclenched. “Well now that I know all this, I still don’t know what these information got anything to do with me.”


“When he died, your grandmother tried to look for your mom. It was only two years ago when she finally found her. And eventually, Jenny learned that despite all that had happened, her father had left her a great amount of money. Jenny didn’t want any of it but your grandmother insisted. So Jenny took it and placed it on a trust fund under your name.”


“You knew about this trust fund?”


“No. I didn’t” Giles told him simply. “ I was only informed about it yesterday…when they read the will to me.”


Spike sighed deeply. “So does this mean that we have enough money for my college?”


“Well actually, with the amount that you’ll be receiving, I don’t think you would need to go to college. However, I still believe that College would be the right path for you even if it were not necessary. I knew how much you wanted to be an editor someday. ”


“I agree... dad. “ Spike nodded, numbly. “Exactly, how rich were my grandparents?”


“Ermmm….Aside from the two resorts they owned in Orlando and the 2 Casinos in Las Vegas. I believe they have at least 5 more five star hotels in other parts of the world.”



Spike shook his head exasperatedly, stood up and headed for the door.




“Where are you going? Don’t you at least want to know how much you’re inheriting when you turn 18?.”




“This is uh…. too overwhelming. I don’t even know if I want to take the money. I kinda like my life the way it is, Dad.”




“But you have to, William Your mom wanted you to have it.”



“I don’t know…” He mumbled as he opened the door.



“Wait William! Before you go, your mom wanted you to have this too.” Giles handed him a small jewelry box.



When he opened it, his whole face lit-up. “This was mum’s. Why are you-”



“Jenny wanted you to have it. She told me one time how much she wanted you to find the girl of your dreams. “ Giles explained as he saw the various emotions that played over his son’s face “And when you do, she wanted you to give it to her.”



“That’ll be a long time coming.” The teen mumbled as he took his coat and closed the door behind him. ” See you later dad!”


Taking the last sip of his coffee, the 44-year old man spoke with a knowing glint in his eye. “Oh, I beg to differ, son.”





TBC


A/N: Thank you for all your reviews! Yes, I did have fun at my vacation! But I’m sooo glad that I’m back. So sorry if this chapter kind of dragged. I just wanted to reveal one more vital thing about one of our main characters. But the good news is I might have another update by tomorrow. I can’t promise but I’ll definitely try :-)
Into the character by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
As promised, here is my 3rd posting for the week. Hope you guys like it!
As they rode in silence, Buffy tried to look interested with scenery outside their car when in truth, her mind were filled of images of the man who sat closely beside her. No matter how she tried, the memory of his lips on hers just wouldn’t go away. Buffy is in a state of heightened awareness, she could feel his every move and hear his every breath. The kiss that they just shared was no way even close to the one they had 2 days ago but the impact was just as bitterly sweet. I have to stop this. I have to call Lorne and ask him to postpone the meeting. I need to-



“That’s one big rock you got there.” Spike’s voice broke off her train of thought.



“Huh?”



“The ring on your finger, luv.”



“Oh…” She replied. “I don’t usually wear it. I-.”



“I agree with you there, pet. I don’t think you should. Why don’t you just take it off?” He suggested.



“But… I’m an engaged woman so I’m supposed to have a ring on my finger.” She pointed out.



“True but the reason why I asked you is because I brought you this.”



Buffy took the small box he gave her and then slowly opened it. “Spike! It’s your mom’s engagement ring!”



“I know.” He answered simply. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he tried not to look at her.




Her eyes widened in realization.” You want me to wear your mom’s ring!?” She exclaimed then shook her head vigorously. “No, absolutely not, Spike! Your dad told you to give this to the woman you’ll marry someday. I can not just use this a prop for-“




“ Buffy, pet. Calm down.” He told her softly. “ Look…I just figured that it’s something that would help me get into the character with much ease. There’s no way I’ll be able to do that with Finn’s ring on your finger.”



“But Spike-“ She tried to protest.



“No buts. “



“But-“



“Summers! Will you just trust me just this once.” He growled.



She sighed. “All right. I trust you” Then she took off her ring and was about to replace it with his ring when his right hand reached out and stopped her.



“Wait a minute, luv.” He said as he suddenly parked the car on a side street.



He quickly ushered her impatiently out of the car and took her beside a bench that happens to be overlooking towards a really big fountain. “We have to do this right.” He told her suddenly nervous.



What is he doing? …Buffy gasped when she became aware that Spike had just knelt on one knee. “Oh my God! Spike! What are you doing?!!!!”



Amazingly, some curious passersby had stopped and people from stores had peeked through their window to witness what the bleached wonder was about to do.



Completely oblivious to what was happening around them, Spike took the ring she was holding and flashed her his most charming smile. The trace of humor on his lips was silently urging her to play along. “Buffy….”



Dear me....Her heart swelled at the way Spike spoke her name.



When Buffy looked upon him and smiled, Spike found himself immediately lost. His heart started to beat erratically as his serious blue eyes met hers with equal intensity. “We’ve known each other for so long. You’re my best friend… my soulmate. And I… “ He closed his eyes briefly before he continued. “I love you….and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you allow me to be with you forever, pet so that I can be the happiest man on earth?”



Buffy gave him a heart warming smile while inside her, she struggled to convince herself that it’s all an act and that she mustn’t get carried away. She held back a sob as her mouth opened to speak. “ Spike I-“



“Call me William.” He whispered huskily.” Forget about Spike for today and just pretend that you’re in love with a guy named William.”



Her heart felt like it would pop out of her chest as she continued to stare at the man who she had been secretly in love with for as long as she could remember. She silently asked herself if for just one day of make-believe, would she dare deprive herself of such joy to be able to share her feelings with the man she loves? No. She just simply couldn’t. “William,” She breathed out his name “ You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear you say those words to me… You are my destiny, Will. Of course I would marry you.”




Spike’s smiled from ear to ear as his arms went around her. Spike dear boy. I could not believe what you got yourself into . He got no else to blame but his heart. And that same stupid beating heart can’t help but love every tortuous minute of it.




Buffy returned his embrace with equal intensity. Mmmmm Spike. I could stay like this forever!



The couple pulled away when they heard a resounding applause that echoed throughout the street . It was only then that they noticed the people that had gathered all around them.



A look of admiration was plastered all over their faces as they watch them head towards their car with their hands firmly entwined.


***********************

Lorne arrived at the front of hotel with just a few minutes left before their actual appointment. Fact was, he was scheduled to meet-up with a celebrity couple in L.A, but to his disappointment, his boss Lilah Horton informed him the cancellation of that wedding so this account was given to him instead. He was even less thrilled when he was given a little background of the couple he was about to meet.

He recalled his conversation with Lilah earlier that week:


Flashback

“You know one of those couple whom you can’t seem put your finger on? One of those you can’t seem to understand why they are getting married in the first place?“ Lilah pointed out as she sat comfortably behind her desk.


“You mean those one sided love kind?”.


“Yup, those kind.” Lilah confirmed.


“Oh I hate those kind.” Lorne answered with a look of disgust.


“Same here. But business is business so you have go out there and handle it.”


“Can’t you just ask Roger, Mia or any of your trainees to handle it? You know how I hated handling these types of accounts. There’s always the risk that it would just get cancelled in the end and all this work I’ll put through would be all for nothing. Plus I’m sucker for romance. I hate to be able to witness couples saying I do like they mean it when they actually don’t.” He complained.



“Mr. Finn’s family is really rich. They are going all out on this wedding which translates to a very hefty bonus at the end of the month for you.”



“I don’t know…you know me. I’m never much for the money, Lilah.” He told her in a serious tone.



“If I didn’t have that family emergency thing in Paris, I would be handling this account. But the thing is I can’t.“



“But-” Lorne tried to protest.



“Please? I’ll consider it as a huge favor from you.” She gave him her best charming smile.



Lorne groaned as he realized his defeat. “Well ok, Sweetums. I’ll do it. “



“Thanks. You’re absolutely the greatest.”




End of flashback



And that’s how he got into this boring assignment.


He contemplated whether he should go inside the hotel and meet with the VP of the hotel first but just as he was about to go in, he spotted a Porsche Carrera convertible that just parked beside his BMW.



Curiosity piqued him as he watched the young couple who rode in it. A very good-looking male blonde with sharp cheekbones came out of the car first . Very smoothly, he came around to open the other side of the door.


His face was a picture of pure adoration, as he looked upon the young beautiful girl whose hand he timidly took to help her step out of the car. The man whispered something into her ear nd it caused for the girl to instantly blush. Lorne, with his mouth agape could not help himself as he continue to stare upon the young couple in complete awe.



You could almost see the electricity crackling above their heads as he entwined his fingers with hers and guided her towards the entrance of the hotel. There is not a doubt in his mind that this couple was totally in love. They look so perfect for each other, so adorable… and so definitely not the ones he’s about to meet. He sighed as he looked at his watch. Not only did his couple suck, they were fashionably late as well.


The young couple in love walked past him with captivating smiles on their faces. As they reached the main entrance, the young girl did double take and slowly approached him.



“Excuse me but we were supposed to meet somebody here. Are you Mr. Lorne Travers?”



TBC







A/N : My thanks to Kimmie, Crystal Pegasus, Brittney, Sara M, Spuff_me, Mikaela, Ash, PhotgraphyNut, Kassie, Steph, Rosie, Candace and Kayla for all the wonderful reviews. This chapter means so much to me. The idea kind of kept popping to my head ever since I started this story. Please let me know if you guys liked it :-)
Nemesis by slaymuch
Spike held back a chuckle when he saw the way Lorne had opened and closed his mouth like a fish. “Ms Summers?”



“Yes?” Buffy replied.



Lorne looked above the sky and mouthed out his thanks before he turned his attention to Spike. “And you must be prince charming.”




“The one and only.” Spike managed to quip, though inside, he’s already nervous as hell. “But nowadays I only go by the name Sp-. William.”




“I see. “ Lorne looked at him thoughtfully. “Lilah must’ve gotten your name wrong cause I could’ve sworn the name Riley was written in your file.”



“Well…I-“



“Actually, His name IS Riley… Riley William Finn.” Buffy explained for him. “But he prefers to be called William.”




“Yes, Riley is such a poofter name….Ow!” Spike added, instantly earning a pinch on the arm from Buffy when Lorne wasn’t looking. He glared at Buffy and threw her a -what the hell was that for? Look.



“Come again?” Lorne asked, puzzled.



“Uh- I mean Wow! The hotel does look good from the outside.” Spike continued.



“Just one of the many reasons why we recommended it to you. Wait till you see the one of the banquet halls. You guys are totally gonna love it.”



Spike dared to place his arm around Buffy’s shoulder. “We can’t wait to see it. Isn’t that right, honey?” He told her huskily just before he whispered into her ear. “ I’ll get you for that later.”, causing for her to blush furiously.



Spike saw the way her face reddened at his remark and wondered what could be going on in that pretty head of hers.



“Y-yes. We’re really, really excited. “ Buffy replied. She glanced at Spike who then cocked an eyebrow at her.



“Well, I’m sooo glad to finally meet both of you.” He said ecstatically as he shook hands with the couple. “My name is Lorne Travers and I’m Lilah Horton’s Assistant. I’m here to help you make your Wedding dream come true! As you’ve already been told, this is just one of the two remaining Five star hotels that still have a spot for that weekend you guys specifically wanted. So the sooner you decide that this is the one that you like, the better. ”



“Okay.” Spike and Buffy replied in unison.



“Alrighty then! First thing that we need do is meet with the VP of this hotel.” Lorne said as he gestured for them to go ahead and enter the sliding doors first. “Normally he wouldn’t deal directly with his guests but since what you have is an elite account he had specifically requested to meet with you personally.”



**********

“Hi Freddikins!”


The brunette secretary outside of Mr. Gunn halted from whatever paperwork she was buried from and smiled just as she realized whose familiar voice it belonged to.


“Lorne! I haven’t seen you in while!” Fred squealed excitedly.


“Well I’ve been so busy, sugar plum. You know how demanding her Royal Badness can be. By the way, I brought with me Ms. Buffy Summers and Mr. William Finn who happen to be an amazing couple. I mean these two looked so sweet; you could practically see an entire colony of ants lining up behind them.” Lorne bantered as he gestured towards Buffy and Spike, who both tried all their might to look oblivious to his teasing remark.



Fred giggled uncontrollably. “I’m sorry…It’s just that Lorne knows that I’m such a hopeless romantic. Congratulations! You guys are so lucky to have found each other.” Fred told them dreamily.



“Thank you.” Buffy grinned.



”Mr. Gunn had been expecting you guys. He’s just finishing up with another couple that were here before you. You could take a seat while you wait.”



The three of them were about to sit together on the sofa behind them when Lorne’s cellular phone suddenly played an-I will survive midi. “Must be the boss.” He told them as he gestured that he’ll take the call outside the room.



“Nervous, luv?” He whispered into her ear, totally unaware to what his nearness was doing to her.


“A little.”



“Don’t be.” Spike took the chance of placing one arm around her waist to pull her close. “Just remember what we talked about back in my room.”



He had expected her to pull away but to his surprise, Buffy leaned her back towards him. “ U-huh.”



Within a few minutes, the door to Mr. Gunn’s office finally opened and there came out, a couple who just can’t seem to take their hands off from each other.



Buffy’s eyes widened to find the girl who’s continuously nibbling the guy’s ear was somebody she knew back then from their neighborhood. “ I can’t believe it.”



“What?” Spike asked.



“What do you mean what? Don’t you recognize her?” Buffy whispered.



Concentrating, he stared at the brunette as he struggled to recollect her from his memory. Nope. Too Distracted. Buffy’s hair smells so nice. He shook his head. “Nope. I’m still drawing a blank, luv.”



Buffy sighed in frustration. “All right. Do you remember that skinny looking girl with wiggly hair in 5th grade? We played soccer against each other and she purposely tripped me right before the finals.”



“You mean Faith Cohen?”



“Bingo.”




“That’s her? Now way, Summers! She doesn’t look like the Faith Cohen I know.”




“What DOES the Faith Cohen that you know looks like?” Buffy told him daringly as she crossed her arms on her chest.




“Well um…For starters, Faith had braces and … “ His voice dragged and then halted altogether at the sight of her cocking an eyebrow.



What? What did I say?




Faith on the other hand, gave them a brief glance then went back to focusing all her attention on her fiancé.



“I don’t think she recognized us.” Buffy observed.



Spike began to chuckle. “That’s because I was still wearing those silly-looking glasses the last time she was in town and you weren’t as hot-looking as...” The words were out before he realized what he just said.


“You-“


“Yes, you’re hot. “ Spike admitted, rolling up his eyes. “…and beautiful like I told you earlier. Can’t you get through your thick head, Summers that you’re quite the catch. If you weren’t, I wouldn’t have proposed to you now would I?”



Buffy smiled sweetly at him. He thinks I’m hot! The man of my dreams just told me I’m hot and here I am sitting on my ass, not doing anything about it.



With the way Buffy was looking at him, he couldn’t help but swallow hard. Spike wondered if she too could feel the same spark of electricity that he was feeling whenever their eyes would meet or their skin would touch. He could really use one of those pecks that she promised right about now. It almost felt like he couldn’t breath if he doesn’t feel her lips on his within the next few seconds. “Buffy?”



“Yes?” she asked almost as eagerly.



“I’m looking at Faith and her fiancé …” He moved an inch closer, his fingers playing with the strands of her hair on her shoulder.



“U-hum?” Buffy noticed the way his eyes traveled to her lips.



“Don’t you think we’re being left out?” He asked her huskily.



“Maybe?” She practically breath out her answer.



“Don’t you think we should- ” Then his head dipped….



“Hey guys! I’m back!”



The two practically jumped up from their seat and Spike mouthed a silent curse as Lorne’s sprightly voice suddenly cut through their intense conversation.



“I’m so sorry that I had to take that call. “ Lorne told them with apologetic eyes as he took the seat directly in front of them. “ So tell me… Did I miss anything?”


******************




“I take it the meeting went well, Ms. Cohen and Mr. Pryce.” The secretary addressed the couple.


“Oh please call me Faith and yes, the meeting went swimmingly.”



“I totally agree with my Faithy. “ Answered Faith’s English fiancé, gasping a little as his fiancée continuously tried to nibble at his ear.



“Would you know when Mr. Gunn is going to announce the couple that they would use for the ad campaign?”



“We should receive a call from our marketing manager any moment.” Fred replied.



“I was wondering why couldn’t they just hire models to do it.” Wesley asked.



“Ms. Mclay, our marketing manager told me that they wanted the couple on cover of the magazine to look authentic. You know, as authentic as a real couple should be. She wanted it to come out more like a testimony from the bride and groom than just an ad.”



“I guess that makes a lot of sense.” Faith said thoughtfully.” I just wish they’d pick us. Couldn’t think of any other couple that would look more in love with each other than us. ”



“Who knows? They might actually pick you guys.” Fred tried to look sincere as she feigned a smile. “ I guess it’s time for you to meet with our Hotel Manager…”



Fred gave them the directions to the reception hall.



“Thanks.” The couple told her as they headed towards the path that Fred directed them to.



On the way out, Faith winked at Spike and gave Buffy a quick once over right before they left the room. Buffy’s anger started to boil up inside her.. “Did you see what she just did?”



Spike smirked as he tried to appear oblivious to the whole exchange. “I wasn’t looking, luv. Why? What did she do?”



Buffy groaned, exasperated. “Never mind.” She attempted to stand-up, but suddenly a strong arm grabbed on to her shoulder.



“Buffy. I’m just playing with you, pet. I saw the whole thing. “ He told her with a mischievous smirk. His mind briefly struggled whether she was upset with the way the brunette had stared at her or the fact that Faith had openly hit on him.


Is he flirting with me? Does he already know more than he knows?


Of course not, Buffy! So stop acting so guilty.




“Are you jealous, luv?” he teased. He knows her enough to know that all types of bantering never fail to make her squirm. And a squirming Buffy, he likes!



Spike was expecting a big retort from Buffy but she surprised him by leaning forward. She moved her lips so unbelievably close to his ear that he could actually feel her breath when she whispered. “As a matter of fact, I am.”




TBC


A/N: Thanks to those who reviewed on my last chapter. So sorry for the delayed update...again. I had to ask a really good friend of mine to beta my upcoming chapters. Thanks to Hotmomma MB for working on this chapter with me!

Also, I don’t know who you are, but thanks from the bottom of my heart for nominating me at the Spuffy Awards, round 12 for Best Fantasy Romance and Fantasy Angst.

OMG! Can’t tell you all how grateful I am for all your support in my very first Fanfiction. Love you guys!
Chemistry by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my beta- Hotmomma M.B. !
39 year-old Charles Gunn stood facing the window of his nicely decorated office inside one of the biggest luxury hotels in California as he waited patiently for his next client. He briefly contemplated on losing the coat that completes his Armani suit simply for the reason that he never really got used to wearing them. It was far different from the attire he used to wear 8 years ago when he was still out in the busy street of L.A., helping out homeless kids with his stepsister, Anne.


He looked at his watch and noted that it’s still a few hours before Glory O’Connor arrives from her private helicopter. She was set to meet with him and the rest of the board members to discuss the future plans that have been made for this hotel.



Now that the months of renovation on most part of the building had been done, it’s already time for he and Tara to set out their carefully thought out ad campaign into motion. Not that the hotel needed a boost in attracting customers, but Glory wanted to make last effort of refining everything before she pass it to the next owner. This particular hotel after all was the pioneer among her dozens of establishments; thus, it’s imperative for all its guest to able to experience the richness of its heritage and as well as realize that a great deal of family history and years of tradition have been set as its foundation.



A light knock was heard from the other side of the door. He turned and saw Fred peeked through it. “Mr. Finn and Ms. Summer are now here to see you.”


“Great. Please send them in.”



***********************


The Vice President was already standing up and waiting for them when they entered his office. “Good morning! You must be Riley and Buffy. “



“Actually, Charlie. Mr. Finn Prefers to be called William.” Lorne explained.



“Really?” He confirms with Spike who only gave him a light shrug. William may be a ‘nancy boy’ name but hell would freeze over before he would allow anyone to call him Riley even if it was just pretend.



“My apologies, William.” He shook hands with the couple. “We are so happy to have you here. I’m Charles Gunn. Why don’t guys have a seat and make yourselves comfortable while I have Fred get you all something to drink. Can I help you with anything aside from the obvious reason why you came here? Water? Can of Soda or perhaps a bottle of wine made from our own vineyard? Hotel Athenea is actually known to make one of the finest red wines in our Country. Would you like to try it?”



“Oh yes, I would definitely love to try out some of that wine. How about you two lovebirds?” Lorne turned to Buffy and Spike.



“Wine’s good.” Spike answered curtly.



“Coke for me, please.” Buffy told Charles.



Buffy never felt so nervous in her life. What was she thinking when she asked Spike to pretend to be her fiancé? Is she really that desperate to get this particular hotel for her wedding reception? Desperate enough to lie? Her eyes darted towards the door that they came into and briefly contemplated on walking out…She couldn’t decide where she should tell them the truth or just call the entire thing off….Call the wedding off…Now that’s a thought. A very appealing thought.



“While we wait for those drinks, I need to tell you something.” Charles paused. “I have good news and bad news.”




“What’s the bad news?” Buffy asked, trying to mask the eagerness in her voice. Please tell me that you’re fully booked so that we don’t have to go through this nerve-racking ordeal.



“As of this morning we’re fully booked on that particular date you requested.”



Thank you, Buffy thought silently.



“ Unfortunately, that was the last opening for the year “ The VP went on. “So I’m afraid I have to put your names on our wait list for the meantime, but, since you have an elite account, that puts you on our priority list. Sorry, but December receptions often gets fully booked a year in advance.”



“Really?” Buffy feigned disappointment.



“So what’s the good news?” Spike asked.



“We have at least two couples who had reserved that date but were thinking of pushing back their wedding till next year. We should be hearing from them anytime soon.”



Buffy smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes. “I guess that’s …that’s something. “




Within minutes, Fred appeared with a tray of beverages.



Oh great! Soda. I so needed to drink something before I pass out. Agitated, Buffy carelessly snapped the lid open and accidentally hurt her finger in the process. “Ow!”



Immediately, Spike was at her side. “Are you ok, luv?” Spike asked, his tone full of concern “Here, let me….”



Buffy quickly, reached out to give him the soda that she needed help with, but Spike surprised her when he took her injured finger and lifted it to his lips to kiss it tenderly. The look that he gave her almost took her breath away.



“Like I told you, Charles- these guys are definitely the ones you’ve been looking for. They looked so… natural! ”



Lorne’s voice instantly brought them out of their trance.



At the couple’s confused look, Lorne grinned knowingly as he went to explain further. “ Their hotel is currently searching for a real couple to grace the cover of the ‘Something Blue’ Magazine to help them launch their ad campaign.”



“Oh.” Buffy replied, her face suddenly filled with worry “ But we’re not interested in-“



Charles considered them thoughtfully. “ Well, they do seem to have the chemistry that we’re looking for.” He told Lorne.



“Chemistry?” Buffy repeated, her face confused.



“That’s right, Chemistry.”



All of a sudden, Buffy burst into laughter. There was nothing really funny but she just couldn’t help it. She laughed so hard that she began to get strange looks from the people around her, including Spike. “I’m sorry. It’s just that you guys crack me up.” She managed to say before she doubled up again. “ If you’ll excuse me (laughs), I think (laughs) I need to go to the (laughs) Ladies’ room. “




“Sure, honey. You do that. “ Lorne told Buffy as he gave Charles and Spike a what- got- into- her look.



“I’ll take you there.” Fred offered.



“Thanks. “



The minute Buffy and Fred were out of the room, two sets of accusing eyes landed upon the bleached blonde.




“ What?”




********************

Buffy continuously pounded her head on the wall the moment she and Fred got to their destination. “ I –am-such-a- screw-up! All my life, I’ve never gotten anything right!” She whimpered. ” I don’t even know what I’m doing here in the first place.”



“Ms. S-… Buffy, stop that or you’re going to cause some serious damage to your brain.” Fred told her worriedly.



“She always got what she wanted- the soccer trophy, the cheerleading squad and the man of her dreams, I bet, judging from the way she was sticking her tongue down his throat!”



“Who are you talking about? Who’s she?” Fred asked.



Buffy stopped what she was doing and looked at Fred straight in the eye.” Faith.”



“Faith?” Fred asked in confusion. “You mean Faith Cohen? You know her?”




Buffy nodded.




“Wait a minute. Is this about what happened earlier because I saw the way she flirted with-“




“He doesn’t want me. ” She finally told the brunette.




“Okay now you completely lost me. Who are we talking about this time?”




“Spike.”




“Who’s Spike? You mean you're in love with another guy?”





“No. Spike IS William.”




“Gee, glad you cleared that out. “ Fred told her sarcastically.




“He’s the same guy, Fred but don’t ask me why since it’s really complicated.” The petite blonde sighed audibly.




“And you don’t think Spike wants you?” Fred asked, as she tries to put things together in her mind.




“God! I know I sound pathetic but it’s true” Buffy grumbled.” He doesn’t want me.”




“What?! Oh honey what on earth made you think that? Of course he wants you.”




“No, he doesn’t.” Buffy shook her head. “ Can’t you see? It’s all an act.”




“An act? Don’t be silly. You’ve been watching too many soap operas, Buffy. Not all men are deceitful. Haven’t you seen the way he looks at you? “ Fred pointed out.




Buffy gave it some thought before she replied. “No, but-“



Fred Chuckled. “Did you know that the look on his face never changed from the moment you two got here?”



“What kind of look?”



“Like he wanted to carry you to the nearest empty room so that he could have his own wicked way with you look.” She teased.




Buffy blushed. Could it be possible that what she’s telling was true? “I don’t know. Do you think so?”




“I don’t just think so. I know so.” Fred told her simply.” I’m in the romance business, Buffy. I would certainly know what’s authentic. Tell you what, why don’t you just see it for yourself.”



“What do you mean?” Hope became evident in her eyes.




“I mean just observe and do something….I don’t know? Sexy? And just see how he’ll react. “





TBC



A/N: Thanks to all my readers and especially to those who left a review on my Last chapter. I’ve been trying to get back to my usual two or three posting in a week but unfortunately, things had been pretty hectic lately. We’re busy packing stuff because we just sold our house.

If you'd like to join my mailing list, kindly send an email to slaymuch@comcast.net and please type the word “Spuffy” on the subject.

Thank you!
Past Uglies by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta hotmomma MB for working with me on this chap!
“Oh, right. Stuck in a dark corner with a creature you loathe, diggin' up past uglies, 'cause you're fine. “
- Spike, Fool for Love







Upon entering the small café where they were supposed to meet with the hotel manager, the first thing that caught her eye was the sight of Faith Cohen in a tongue-fest with her fiancé.


Obviously, they were there for the menu selection as well, Buffy thought disdainfully as her nose cringed in disgust. Just when she thought things couldn’t get any worse, she saw that the table Lorne had picked out for them was directly across from Faith and her fiancé.


“You have got to be kidding me.” She mumbled before she took a seat on the chair that Spike held out for her.


Spike Chuckled. “If you’ll ask me, it looks kind of sloppy from this angle. May be we ought to show them how it’s done, pet.” He waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her.


“Spike, one peck is not gonna compete with-“ Her voice trailed as their eyes met and a moment of clarity hit her of what he really had in mind.” No, no, no.” She whispered.


“Why the bloody hell not?” He asked, his ego bruised.


“I already told you why.” She insisted.


Oblivious to their dilemma, Lorne began. “Listen. This food tasting session would probably take a while, so I hope you don’t mind if I slip out for a bit. I can assure you that the hotel manager is going take good care of you two even if he’s quite bossy and a little judgmental. ”



“Hello, Lorne.” The manager greeted.



Lorne gave out a small yelp when a familiar small looking guy in a pinstripe suit suddenly appeared beside him.



Not even bothering to hear what the Wedding planner’s acknowledgement was, the man inconsiderately went on ”Goodbye Lorne.”



“And that’s my cue to leave,” Lorne stood up. Normally, he would have done it properly and introduced the manager to his clients before leaving, but this particular one was far from being normal. “I promise to be back in a few.” He told the couple, giving Buffy a friendly wink before leaving in a hurry.



“The nerve.” The couple heard the man muttered as he slowly turned to face them. “My apologies for we haven’t been introduced, my name is-“



“Snyder?!!!” the two exclaimed in unison. Their eyes were as big as headlights as soon as they realized who he was.



“Buffy… and Spike.” He practically spit out there names in disgust. “Two of Sunnydale High’s incompetent alumnus. So nice to see you again.” he mocked.



They could not believe it. The ex-principal of Sunnydale High now works as the manager of this hotel? This very distinguished hotel? Now that’s just…wrong.



“You actually work here?” Buffy asked, her eyes, still hasn’t shrunk to its actual size.



“No, I just happened to pass by,” He said then added in sarcastic tone. “Of course, I work here. Didn’t you hear what Lorne had just told you, worthless people? That I’m the manager of this hotel?”



“No, actually he didn’t.” Spike answered. “But we could tell from the way that the fella had scampered off that he was so obviously talking about you.”



Spike remembered the last time they saw the irritating small man was at their high school graduation, making a worthless rant about how most of them were not going survive in the real world. The man had been nothing but a pain in the ass.



“Huh!” Spike started in a mocking tone. “So… Did you manage to frighten the poor Hiring Manager to get him to employ you?”


“Very funny. As a matter of fact, I worked my way into this position fair and square.” He told them proudly. “Which is as much as I could say about you.” He turned to Buffy. “Say Ms. Summers. Aren’t you supposed to be here with your real fiancé who happens to be the very sophisticated and very loaded Mr. Riley Finn?.”


Annoyed, Spike’s jaw clenched as he stood–up and eyed Snyder fiercely. “Finn’s out of town so my best friend here asked for my help to stand in for him.”


“Stand in? Since when did this hotel allowed stand ins?! You’re not gonna get away with this.” Snyder told them as he proceeded to look between the two and laughed insultingly. “ Now THIS is hilarious! You are so pathetic, Giles! It’s been years since you graduated from high school and yet here you are, still trying to work you way into Bu- Ow, Ow.” The rest of his sentence died as Spike gripped his arm tightly.


“You and I need to talk.” He told Snider as he inconspicuously ushered him into an abandoned corner of the café.



“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Snider complained as Spike finally let go of him. “What you just did was totally rude and uncalled for! ”



“You are not going to say a word do you hear me?” Spike warned.



“Why not? Who’s going to stop me? “ The manager grunted. “Certainly not a loser like you!” He was about leave when Spike pulled him back.



“We’re not done here, you bloody git. You are going shut your gob and stay mum about Riley and my feelings towards Buffy …which by the way I’ve no idea how you knew but let me assure you that you could kiss your job goodbye if you don’t keep your mouth shut.”



“I can’t believe you have the nerve to threaten me. What are you exactly going to do? Scold me to death?”



Spike gave a small chuckle before his face suddenly turned serious. “ Gee, is it me or do I seem to recall a certain principal and a History teacher going at it inside the janitor’s closet during school hours?” Spike grinned cockily as every hint of color suddenly left the manager’s face. “I wonder what good ol Charlie’s going to say about that? A school principal, doing the naughty within school premises. I can bet that that’s the reason why you lost your job… You know I don’t exactly remember why I chose not to tell anybody about it, but I guess it’s true what they say…better-late -than never!”


“You wouldn’t.”



“Try me.” Spike warned him as he gave him a little shove signaling him to head back to their table.



“Great! You’re back. Snider? You’re still alive?” Buffy feigned a surprise. “ You’re lucky that Spike grabbed you the way he did because if he didn’t, I promise you that you would be limping and grabbing your crotch by now, yelling every kind of profanity your puny little mind could think of. ”


Snider’s response was almost comical as he mouthed,” I hate you two.” Then he straightened out his tie and sat with them.



“I guess we’re good.” Spike reassured Buffy.



“Better be.” Buffy told him, “ I am not exactly loving the ambience with slutty Faith’s moans in the background mingling through the airwaves like every 2 seconds.”



Spike turned to Snider. “ Aren’t you supposed to be calling your crew and have them parade a variety of food or something?”


“Of course.” He told them firmly as he left and disappeared into the kitchen.


“They seem pretty intense.” Spike commented as he dared a peek at Faith and company.


“What are you doing? You are not supposed to gawk at them. ”


“Well it’s just they seem to be having -.”


“A grand time. I know. ” Buffy completed it for him, her mind still loopy from the encounter with Snider and the chemistry thing. “ We suck at being engaged. Look, I think we should just throw in the towel and come clean with it. I’m sorry that I had to drag you into this.”


“No. It’s not your fault, luv. If you’ll ask me, I say we should go ahead and deal with it since we’re already here.”



“I don’t know.” Buffy told him as she nervously played with one of the spoons on their table that ended up flipping over. “Whoops!” She searched where it landed and found it sitting right next to Spike’s shoe. “God, I’m such a klutz.” she muttered; glad that nobody seemed to have witnessed the stunt she just pulled. “Spike could you-“ So there she was, about to ask Spike to get the spoon for her when she recalled what Fred told her in the ladies’ room – …just observe and do something….I don’t know? Sexy? And just see how he’ll react.

“Wait, I’ll get it.” Buffy told Spike as she bent and walked underneath the table before he could say anything.


In the split second that she was hidden under the table, she adjusted the scoop of dress in such way that it would move down to reveal more cleavage. She came out at the other end tried to appear like she was having a hard time looking for the spoon.


“What on earth are you doing, luv?”


“Looking for the spoon.”


Buffy looked up to see if he was checking her out but to her dismay, his attention was nowhere near her. She saw him turn and focused his interest on Faith who had been trying to get everyone’s attention through her annoying flirtatious giggles.


************


When Spike saw the spoon flew over to land conveniently beside his right shoe, he quickly made his attempt to retrieve it, but there was something in the way Buffy had boldly went underneath the table that told his brain to remain perfectly still. Why? Because God knows what he might’ve done if he ever as much caught himself alone in a room with her. And underneath table cover could pretty much spell the same danger. All this pretending was finally getting to him and his stubborn mind kept on reliving the very short memory of his lips on hers just a few hours ago.


Spike chuckled when Buffy showed up at his side of the table. “What are you doing, luv?”


“Looking for the spoon.”


He was about to help her by telling her where it landed when his eyes caught a very good view of her plunging neckline. Bloody Hell! Was she trying to kill me? He swallowed hard as she continued to move in such a way that he could see through the black lacy lingerie. He practically whimpered at his discomfort when he realized that it was same lacy number that Anya had given to her on her last birthday.


It took all his willpower to turn his head away as he adjusted himself in his seat and pretended to be engrossed with other things. But the truth is, all he could think about was Buffy’s luscious feminine assets.


“Uh here it is.” The blonde grimaced as she grabbed the spoon and went back to her seat.



“Are you okay?” He asked when he saw the deep scowl on her face. He wondered what got her upset all of a sudden.



“I’m okay.”



“Are you sure, luv?”



“’Course I’m sure. Why wouldn’t I be s-sure?” She stammered nervously as her hand resumed to playing with the spoon once more.


TBC



A/N: Thank to SarahandJamesfanatic, Christine, Spuff_me, Kayla, PhotographyNut, Breannastorm, Silvy, Ash, Steph,Crytal Pegasus, Rosie and Kimmie for the wonderful reviews you left with my last chap. Also I have to thank everyone who had requested to be included in my mailing list. I’m so overwhelmed right now from the number of response that I got. To those of you who haven’t yet, just send me an email with “Spuffy” as the subject. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Unmixy by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Please let me know what you think of this chapter. Thanks!
Two geeky-looking men wearing chef’s’ outfits came out of the kitchen and stood beside their table.


“Hi! My name is Andrew.” The blonde chef told them.


“And I’m Jonathan. We’re the head chefs that’s going to handle all the food for your wedding reception.”


“I just want to confirm that it’s going to be a dinner menu, am right?” Andrew asked.


“Right.” Buffy replied.


Andrew stood back as he scribbled something in his notes while Jonathan took his place. ”Here’s how it works. We’re going to have you taste the first of the 3 types of wine that were made from our very own vineyard. Then we’ll have them bring out the appetizers and sets of entrées for you to try in between. How does that sound?” He asked.



“Sounds good. “ Spike replied, feeling his mouth water though strangely it wasn’t from the mention of food.



“Wonderful.” Chef Jonathan replied.



The blonde leaned over to Buffy. “You know, the two of you kinda remind me of Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker. “


“Huh?” Buffy asked in confusion.



“You’re very pretty,” Andrew told Buffy dreamily before he turned to Spike. ”While you on the other hand, got that bad boy vibe going on around you. You may look tough on the outside but quite the lovesick puppy on the inside.” He sighed.



“You mean Senator Amidala” Jonathan corrected. ”Anakin was still a young boy when she was still queen of Naboo.”



“Oh right, because Queen Amidala hitting on 9-year old Anakin would be icky and wrong.”



“Precisely.” Jonathan looked at his friend thoughtfully, completely oblivious to the stern look that he’s receiving from Buffy and Spike. “Although I had to say that Episode II is my favorite. I didn’t like the last installment to their trilogy.”



“Are you kidding me! Episode III is waaay better since it finally focused on the story where Anakin finally reached the epitome of his true self. It’s where his destiny was finally realized. It’s the-” Andrew instantly stopped his rambling at the sound of Snyder clearing his throat.



“We should probably get that wine…” Andrew told the manager.



“Yes, you probably should.” Snyder ordered spitefully and watched the two dashed off towards the kitchen.



“Are you sure about this, pet?” Spike asked worriedly.



“I know. Buffy and alcohol are kind of unmixy.” Buffy agreed, recalling two instances where she unintentionally got drunk from drinking just one glass of Daquiri. One humiliating result had been one pissed blonde singing a very off-key karaoke. “ You could do the real tasting for me though, while I just pretend with the sipping. “ She suggested.



“OR you could just them the truth that you don’t drink.” Spike crossed his arms of his arms, amusement clear in his tone.


“Like hell I would.”


At Spike’s look of disbelief, Buffy quickly went on apprehensively, “My life is already pathetic, Spike. I just don’t want any body raising questions about my weak tolerance for alcohol. And besides, Faith might overhear it.”



Spike chuckled. “You’re absolutely incorrigible, Summers.”



“And you’re loving every minute of it.” Buffy winked.



Spike cocked an eyebrow and was about answer her with an equally thought-provoking comeback when Andrew came back with the wine and a waiter to serve it to them.



Snyder who had been supervising the whole thing noticed that Spike looked a little uncomfortable. Slowly he bent down to speak to the bleached blonde. “What’s the matter, Will-yum? IS the wine a bit too much for your taste? How about I get you a beer instead?”



“ How about I shove this fork up your sorry ass?”


***************

In her mind, Buffy could still not get over the fact that Spike completely overlooked her ploy of seduction. He didn’t even look. Although she’s feeling a little crushed, she was still set on finding out the truth behind Fred’s wild speculation. If at first you didn’t succeed, try and think like Raquel Welch.


After tasting the first wine, Jonathan came out and served them both with two sample platters of appetizers which Buffy and Spike gobbled up like kids until finally, the much awaited first set of entrees were served.


“Risotto cakes with wild mushroom, sage and roasted red peppers.” Jonathan introduced.


“Mmmm. It’s yummy.” Even if the food did in fact, tasted heavenly, Buffy had intentionally groaned out words to see if it will have an enticing effect on the bleached blonde. “What do you think Spike? Isn’t this the most delectable thing you’ve ever tasted in your mouth?”



Spike coughed out a lung as he choked on the mushroom he was eating. “ Bloody- (coughs). Yes (coughs) I believe (coughs) it is.” He looked at Buffy and saw her smiling at him innocently.



Minutes later, Andrew came out with the second wine and poured each of them a glass.


“This tastes better than the first one.”


“Really? How about just a teeny-weeny sip,” Buffy whispered.


“Buffy.” He warned


“I know. Life sucks.” She grumbled.


Buffy dared a peek at Faith, who seemed to be quiet all of a sudden. Maybe they’re done with their tasting session and had gone home. But when her eyes landed upon them, she really now wished she hadn’t for the brunette was actually looking at her, smiling with a evil glint in her eye before she proceeded to slip a hand inside her fiancé’s shirt. Ewww!


Quickly she turned away, thankful that the waiter’s back with Jonathan and Andrew. “Our second entrée is the hotel’s house specialty- Roasted tenderloin of pork with a thyme port served on a bed of wild mushroom.”


Spike ate his share in silence as he carefully watched Buffy from the corner of his eye.


“You have something on your…” Buffy motioned to the side of his mouth.



Spike raised his brow in confusion. He was totally clueless about what Buffy was trying to tell him so his surprise was almost comical when Buffy’s hand came to rest on the side of his face as one of her fingers gently swiped the side of his lips.


Just don’t react, Spike. Sit still and pretend like it’s the most natural thing in the world. He thought he had everything under control, despite of the bold thing that his best friend just did. But when Buffy’s brought her index finger to her mouth and sucked to taste it, a muffle whimpered had managed to escape his lips.



“Did you say something?”



“No…” His voice came out more like a squeak. “ I mean…No.”



“ Now that’s hot.” Jonathan told Andrew from the sideline.



“ I hear ya.” The other chef approved. “Look’s like Anakin is ready to pop any moment now.”



“Uh-huh.”


The two chefs were about to engage into one of their geeky conversation when Buffy’s sudden burst of incessant giggle grabbed their attention.



“Alright.” Spike stopped eating and fully focused his attention on his faux fiancé. ”What’s so funny…Again?” He remembered Buffy’s earlier reaction to Charles Gunn’s chemistry comment.



“You know what?…. I don’t know!” She told him as she shook her head mindlessly.



Spike stared at her thoughtfully. “Luv, did you take a sip from the last wine?”



Buffy shook her head before smiling guiltily.



“Buffy?” He asked in a warning tone.



“So I did. It was only a sip. What are you going to do now? Spank me?”



Spike blinked, completely surprised at what Buffy just said. An image of Buffy in her skimpy lingerie bending over his lap flashed through his mind.



“I’m not really drunk you know. I’m neither clear-headed nor intoxicated, if there’s such a thing. I’m more like somewhere in between.”



I could think of a few things that she could be somewhere in between. Spike groaned inwardly. What the bloody fucking hell am I thinking?



“What? You don’t believe me? I assure you that I won’t do anything stupid, if that’s what you’re worried about.” Buffy told him.




“Good because I don’t see a karaoke any where, luv so God knows what you’re going to do if you got yourself drunk.” Spike chuckled. Get your mind of the gutter, Spike or you might do something you’ll regret later. .



“Yeah like standing on top of this table and doing a strip tease.” Buffy piped up as she returned to finishing up her meal, totally missing the tortured look on Spike’s face.



Bloody Hell!








TBC

A/N: I’m so sorry for the late update…again. I feel bad that I had to take a break from writing this story because of the move (and a lot of other things). Anyway, I know that I’m beginning to sound like a broken record to you guys but I will try to return to my minimum two postings a week starting today.


Also, let me inform you all that I’ve done a tiny change to my very first chapter, but let be assured I won’t make a habit of of changing anything and tthat, this will be the last revision that I’ll ever do in this story.

Thanks to my beta, Hotmama MB!
The peck by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
I know it's hard but try to imagine Glory as a woman in her late 70's in this story.
“What? You don’t believe me? I assure you that I won’t do anything stupid, if that’s what you’re worried about.” Buffy told him.




“Good because I don’t see a karaoke any where, luv so God knows what you’re going to do if you got yourself drunk.” Spike chuckled. Get your mind of the gutter, Spike or you might do something you’ll regret later.



“Yeah like standing on top of this table and doing a strip tease.”




Bloody Hell! He thought inwardly as he found himself swallowing hard for the umpteenth time that day.



Buffy laughed lazily.” Relax Spike. I’m just making with the fun. You should’ve seen your face though. The word –hilarious- doesn’t even begin to describe it.”



Something fleetingly unrecognizable took over his features before a smirk took its place. If she wanted ‘fun’ I’ll give her my version of ‘fun’. “Exactly what did my face looked like, Summers?”



“Like a wolf waiting for the right time to pounce on his meal.” Her eyes went wide at the realization of what she just said. The words were out before she could even stop it. Blushing profusely, she looked up to find Spike grinning mischievously at her.



“You’re worried that I’m gonna… pounce on you eh?” He asked saucily, his breath hitching in between.



“Uh- no,no,no. That’s not…That’s not what I m-meant.” She stammered.




“What did you mean, Buffy?” He asked, his face coming unbelievably close to hers.



“Spike, I-“



“Luv, remember what we talked about when we were still back in my dorm?”



“Yeah?” She quickly responded, hope in her eyes.



“About how we’ve wanted to look more convincing as a couple?”



“Right.” The memory of his peck flashed in her mind. I definitely remembered that, she thought silently.



“You want to try one right now?” Please say yes.




At his last word, Buffy’s eyes instantly focused on his lips as it slowly began its descent towards her own.



“So! Are you guys ready for your third entrée?” Snyder laughed inwardly as the two jumped and broke apart at the sound of his voice.



*****************


Buffy and Spike ate through dessert, trying to ignore the growing tension between them. Finally, when they reached the moment where they were no longer looking nor speaking to each other, Buffy excused herself once again and went to the Ladies’ room.


Spike gave a big sigh of relief the moment Buffy was out of sight. This is bloody insane! He needed to put an end to this ridiculous farce as soon as possible. It’s quite inevitable that one of them was bound to get hurt, more likely him.


He needed to back out ….and tell Buffy exactly what? That something came up and he needed to leave right away.


How about you just tell her how you feel, you git!


I just bloody can’t!



Does this still have anything to do with your mom, coz it’s beginning to be a pain in the-



Shut-up.


Snyder was right you know…in his own righteous and peculiar way, but he is. It’s been years and you may have always stood by her all this time, but you are still nowhere close to where you truly wanted to be.



And where do I want to be?



************

Buffy’s heart
…pounded loud in her ears as she prompted her feet to move quickly. She needed to head out of the café just to get her mind off the bleached blonde even for just one moment. She spotted dark corner near the ladies room and found herself stopping to lean on it and closed her eyes.


Riley is her fiancé damn it! , She scolded herself as she tried to recall the last time his name entered her brain. She drew blank. Whenever he’s with Spike, Riley always tends to be nothing but a distant memory. And this surprised you how?



She needs to put an end to this stupid charade. Just head for home and pretend like nothing’s brewing between them.



Yup, that’s right. Run away from your problem like you always do.


I’m not running I’m just-


Postponing the inevitable.


So I am. Like you can do anything about it. Just try and stop me,
She silently mused as she started to head back to the café.

********
Around the same time, Lorne and Charles came out of the men’s room, talking.


“I wish there was another way we could accommodate them both but I’m afraid we just can’t; only one couple postpone their wedding. ” Charles told Lorne.


“So what happens now? I don’t wanna sound like that guy from the reality show but I need to know which couple you’re going to be sending home?”


“Since that single slot happens around the same time that we will be launching our ad campaign…”


“That means who ever gets the ad campaign gets the reservation?” Lorne speculated.


“Right.”



“Any thoughts on who do you think would best fit to-“



“I’m going for Ms. Cohen and Mr. Pryce.” Charlie answered simply.



“What?!!! Why? Are my clients not romantic enough? Is that it? ”



“I’m sorry, Lorne. It’s just that they seemed to be…holding back.”



***************


Glory O’ Connor finally arrived at the Hotel with her friend and Marketing Manager, Tara Mclay, on her side. The two came out of the helicopter that landed securely on the helipad that had been expediently built on top of the building many years ago.


“Whew! That’s one flight I’m not looking forward to repeat any time soon.”


Glory chuckled. “Pardon me for that, sweetie. I know you how much you hated flying but I just can’t wait to get the ball rolling with Gunn. Taking the helicopter is the fastest and convenient way to get through the traffic.”


“No worries. I just need to get to the nearest ladies room and empty my stomach. I have an entire meal of Burrito that had been dying to come out from the moment the chopper left the ground.” Tara joked. “By the way, I tried calling your grandson’s house, but I always get the answering machine. “


“Leave him a message and hopefully he will get it before I head back to Las Vegas.” The old woman said


“Boy, he’s going be really surprise to learn that he’s the new owner of this place.”


“Him being surprised is the least of my worries. The thing that really concerns me is the big possibility of him saying no.”



Tara was about to ask her boss about her last comment when Charles and Lorne suddenly emerged out of the men’s room.



“Gunn!” Glory hugged the VP who had been more like a son to her.



Charlie practically jumped at the sound at the sound of his last name being called, but his surprise soon dissipated when he came face to face with the familiar old lady. ” I can’t believe you’re really here!”



“I believe that 's his version of telling Glory how much he missed her?” Tara joked



“Haha very funny!” Charlie chuckled. “ Seriously, I’m just overwhelmed. You look wonderful, Glory.” He told her.” By the way, you remember Lorne, don’t you?”



“Of course I do. He and I go way back.“ The old lady jeered.


“We met up one time in Las Vegas and boy did we enjoy our karaoke night. “ Lorne explained. You should hear her sing! She’s sounded like Taylor Dane only much more prettier.”


“Really?” Tara asked in disbelief.” You never told me you could sing.”


“I do. In fact, I used to sing in one of the nightclubs in Las Vegas. “ Glory told them thoughtfully “And that was how I met my Lindsey. It….” She told them as she struggled to keep the mention of her late husband as light as possible, but to no avail. The subject of Lindsey always had always managed to bring her into a melancholic state. “It was love at first sight.”


“Well, I’m sure it was.” Lorne told her tenderly as he took her hand and patted it to comfort her.



“Speaking of love, why don’t we all go to the Café and meet the lucky couple that’s going pose for us in the Something Blue magazine.” Charles announced.


***********



Meanwhile, back at the Café


“I’m sorry Buffy but something came up and I had to leave right away…Oh bugger! That sounded even more lame than it was in my head.” Spike mumbled to himself as he continued to rehearse his made-up excuse for bailing out on his best friend. Clearing his throat, he tried again.” I’m sorry but my da called-up and he needed me to… ”And the rest of his words faded at the sight of Buffy entering the Café.


She was looking down, seemed to be in deep thought as she moved to approach their table in a fast pace. The moment her eyes held his, all his thoughts of leaving the hotel slowly faded into the far recess of his mind. Only to be replaced by his strong urge to pick-up where they left off. So the moment that she stood in front of him, the first words that came out of his mouth were. “Buffy…about that peck I- Oh God!” He gasped as the tiny blonde boldly sat astride on his lap, completely facing him.



“Buffy, what are you-“ Buffy silenced him with a tip of her finger, her darkened gaze wandering from his questioning eyes to his half-opened lips



“Trust me.” She whispered huskily



Before Spike’s mind could process what was happening she pulled on the lapels of his shirt to capture his mouth in a demanding kiss.



For a split second, Spike’s eyes went wide in shock but instinctively fluttered closed at the feel of her tongue, urgently tracing the line between lips, enticing him to part them. And when it did, everything else in the world seemed to have fallen away as it mingled with hers in fiery kiss.


All part of the show, Summers. She thought silently. A hell of a good show with lots of perks on the side…right? “ Unggg..” Buffy couldn’t help but moan loudly as his hands snaked around her waist, pulling her even closer to deepen the kiss even further. Her doubts of Spike not wanting her had soon faded into the abyss as the evidence of his desire were made known through the thinness of his trousers.



It was a highly new sensation all too much for Buffy that she had to suddenly broke off from their kissing to look into his eyes. Spike had already expected her to jump away from his uncontrolled reaction to her closeness. Instead, Buffy stunned him as her mouth fused with his once more and moved her hips in such a way that made his head lay back and roll his eyes out of its sockets.


They kissed passionately. Urgently. They just couldn’t help it. Years of unresolved sexual tension had brought them to this stage where neither of them wanted to put an end to such a mind-blowing moment. The only time that they had broken apart was due to the lack of air.


“God, that was incredible. ” Spike managed to say between pants as he rested his head to hers.


Buffy echoed her pants as her finger went to trace his lips. Never had she felt anything that good in her entire life. Not even with Riley. And they were just kissing.


Unknowingly, Spike was also thinking of the same thing. It was just a kiss. Just imagine how good it would feel if they-


“Looks like we have a winner.” Lorne’s keyed-up voice instantly reminded them that they weren’t alone in a room.



“ Wow, B!” Faith howled. “ I didn’t know you had it in you. “



“ Holy cow!” The two chefs mouthed.



“Show-off.” Snyder muttered.



Glory approached the young couple and looked at Spike with disbelieving eyes. “ William?”




TBC


A/N: Once again my heart goes out to the people who keep reading my story. Thank you! I would also like to thank those who reviewed on my last chapter! You guys definitely made my day with your words of encouragement and praise! I hope you like my latest installment. Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks again!
The Reunion by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
Flash back 8 years ago


At the center for the homeless, it was already past midnight when Charles Gunn had turned off his computer and decided to head home. His older and stepsister Anne, and the rest of the volunteers had already gone several hours before him. He didn’t know why he had stayed longer than usual when he already knew that there was absolutely nothing he could do to ease the worries that coninued to plague his mind.


His day had gone from bad to worse; he almost came close to being fired from his day job at the Double Meat Palace for being late for the tenth time that month. Then he had to find out later that the Center for homeless kids that he and Anne had up and running for three years was being shut down.


With the eviction letter on his hand, he slowly approached his car with his mind in complete shambles. Tentatively, he tried to put his mind at ease, telling himself that they could head out to the mayor’s office first thing in the morning. They could probably beg for an extension of their lease until they could come up with a way to pay for the month’s rent.


He was about to insert the key on the ignition when a loud scream pierced through his addled brain. His heart pounded in apprehension, knowing fully well that several mugging incidents had occurred at an alley near his office for the past few months.


Quickly, he got out of his car and ran towards the source of the screams.


He was right. Fury boiled within him as he took sight of two young men assaulting what seemed to be helpless-looking old woman. One was holding a large knife while the other held the stolen purse.


“If you two boys know what’s good for you, you’ll hand back the old lady’s purse right now.”


The younger one scoffed. “Man, either you’re stupid or you’re on crack. There are two of us against you, pea brain! “


Gunn regarded them calmly. His father used to be a member of one of the gangsters that owned the harsh streets of L.A. His early years of living with him had taught him well to survive, mostly from people who wanted to do nothing but hurt his family. “ Trust me, kid. You wouldn’t want to deal with me. “



Just then, the boy with the knife lunged for his chest. He smoothly caught his hand and twisted it so hard that the boy instantly cried out in pain. “Ow!” the teen yelped.


Gunn took the knife. “And now for the purse.” He ordered the other.


As the teen started to hand him the stolen item, the woman’s cry in pain suddenly grabbed Gunn’s attention. And in the split second that he had turned, the two muggers had already been able to flee from him.


“Ma’am, are you okay?”



The old lady nodded. “Broke my leg, but I’ll be fine.”



Charles was about to run after the two guys when she stopped him. ““No! Just leave them.”



“ But your purse-“



“…is not important. I need to call my chauffer. Do you have a phone?”



“Yes, it’s back in my office. I’ll take you there.” He told her as gently placed one of her arms over his shoulder.


“Thanks.”


“Just curious on how you ended up here.”



“You mean what does an old lady like me doing in a place like this.”



He nodded.



“Well actually I came here to look for you.“




At his stunned reaction, she went on, ”Your name is Gunn, am I right?”





-End of flashback-


*********************


“ William?”



All eyes focused on Spike while their mind share the same thoughts. How did Glory knew William?



“W-wait a minute.” Tara interrupted.” William? You mean he’s THE William that I’ve been trying to reach all week?”



“You know him?” Charles asked Glory.



“Well, he’s-“



“I’m sorry ma’am but I don’t think we’ve met before.” Spike countered in a very poor attempt at an American accent.



Glory cocked an eyebrow at him,” You mean your name is NOT William?“



Spike cleared his throat. “Yes, my name IS William but you probably had me mistaken for some other bloke, I mean guy with the same name.”



“Are you sure?” Glory raised her brow in suspicion.


“Yes ma’am.”


”Then you have to accept my apology. It’s just…I could have sworn you look exactly like the one in the picture that had been sent to me.”

***************


“Well then. I guess we can all agree that we found the couple we are looking for.” Tara piped up as she turned to Spike and Buffy. ”So are you guys ok with it? To model for our ad?”



Spike started. ”Well you see, the thing is-“



“We’ll do it!” Buffy replied without pause.



“Will you excuse us please?” The bleached blonde told them with a false smile. At their nod, his arms went around Buffy to guide her into a corner.



“All right, what’s going on? We can’t model for them, Summers.” Spike pointed out.



“I know but I overheard Mr. Gunn and Lorne talking.” Buffy explained. “They said that only one couple postponed their wedding date and not only that. They were seriously considering Faith and her fiancé because they appear to be…more into it than us.”



“But, luv. Lorne said that there’s another hotel that we could check out tomorrow.”



“No.” She shook her head. ”I want this hotel.”



Spike heaved a big sigh of exasperation.“ All right. Suppose we stayed. They take our picture and then what? I’m sure that a certain guy named Riley Finn would have something to say about that as soon as he sees our picture in the magazine stand.”


“Since when did you start caring about what Riley would think?” She asked, crossing her arms on her chest.


He looked at her thoughtfully. “You’re right. I don’t and I never would, but-“


“I’ll just call them later on and cancel the reservation.”



“You’ll what?!!!” Spike looked at Buffy like she’d grown another head. “You’re still drunk aren’t you? You’re not making any sense, Buffy. I thought the whole idea of me pretending to be your fiancé was to snag this particular hotel for your wedding reception in the first place?”


”I know…I know.” She told seriously. “But the thing is, it’s not about the reception anymore. All my life, Spike, Faith always managed to grab the things that I like and win the competition I should’ve won. ” She looked at him pleadingly. “I know that once I cancel, they would automatically consider Faith. But to be able to beat her even just for a day is sort of a big deal for me. Please Will. This is really important to me. I’ll do anything to kick her ass this time around.”



“Even kiss me.”



“Yes. Even…kiss you.” She gave out a deep breath.




A smirk suddenly formed in Spike’s lips.




“What?” Buffy asked.




“You enjoyed it.”




Buffy opened and closed her mouth, not sure how to react.




“Well?” He asked.




“It’s all part of the act.” She told him lamely.




Spike chuckled. “So you’re telling me that all that groaning was part of the act?” He asked, his face once again getting dangerously closer.




Buffy swallowed hard. “Yes.” She wondered if he could hear the loud pounding sound in her chest.



“And the grinding… Was that part of the act too?”



And there it was. The expected blush. Each time it happens, his blood would race. Bugger. Now that they’ve really kissed, Spike was finding it even harder to resist touching her.



Buffy was about to make a very lame comeback when Tara came between them.



“I’m sorry to intrude, but the photographer is already waiting at the ballroom to take a few sample shots of you. I promise that it will only take a few minutes of your time.”

**********************



Buffy found herself staring in admiration as they opened the door that led to the hotel’s main banquet hall. Truth was, in all her life she’d only been to two wedding parties, but she could already tell that this particular ballroom was one of the best there is.


“This place is over a hundred years old.” Lorne informed the couple. “As far as I know, this hotel had already been passed on for three generations. And this particular ballroom, if I’m not mistaken, is just one of the two rooms in this hotel that had been kept at its original state.”


Whoa! Buffy and Spike thought in unison


The art and furniture surrounding the place emit an uncommon feeling of medieval atmosphere that centers on the richness of the family’s heritage. The cathedral ceiling, she noticed, were made out of beautifully designed stained glass. The sun coming through illuminates the colors that brought out the romantic atmosphere inside the room.


Enchanting, that’s how she would describe it. It looked more like a grand ballroom that one could find in a castle. Not that she’d already been inside one herself, this certainly reminded her of the hall in the Princess Diary movie. Already she could picture herself as the princess in a beautiful gown dancing in the arms of a handsome prince.


The last thought had prompted Buffy to steal a quick glance at Spike who appeared to be as equally enthralled as she was.


“If you think this looked great, wait till you see this.” Lorne told them excitedly as he opened one of the doors that led to a huge veranda, overlooking a cascading waterfall.


“Oh wow!“ Buffy covered her mouth in amazement.



Without thinking, Buffy grabbed Spike’s hand and led him towards the captivating scenery. She giggled excitedly. “ Oh Will, I bet that you haven’t seen anything this beautiful in your entire life!”



Spike took in the awesome sight and found himself being drawn to her more than ever. The warm feeling and the light fluttery sensation within his heart had nothing to do with the amazing view before him at all.



Like a movie in slow motion, the number of emotions flickered on her face had him frozen to his spot - amused and mostly intrigued. He couldn’t figure which had him fully captivated the most. Was it the way the sun shone brightly against her long wavy blond hair? Or the way the way her eyes twinkled and smiled at the scene before her? Simply beautiful, his brain mused. It was at that very moment that he realized that he could watch her forever like this. It’s been a while since he’d seen her really happy.


“I beg to differ, luv.”


There was something in the way that Spike said that made her turn.


Spike tried to gauge her reaction as her expression turned from happy to stunned in a second.

Buffy quickly recovered as an innocent girlish grin had suddenly overcome her features. She gave him a playful slap. “Stop messing around, Spike. I’m serious!”



At the sound of someone clearing his throat, they froze. The couple looked-up and found Tara with brunette-haired man looking at them with knowing grins.



“This is Warren.” Tara introduced. “ He’s the photographer who works for Something Blue Magazine. He and I will be working with you on those sample photo shoots.”



“Does that mean that your hotel manager is done for the day?” Buffy’s question earned a disapproving look from Snyder.


“He is.” Tara told them. “I’ll be taking over. ”



“ Good.”



************


Spike sat on one of the tables in the ballroom while the photographer took solo shots of his Buffy by the veranda.


“Tell me William, why do you need to lie to her?”


Spike reluctantly detached his attention from Buffy to look into his grandma’s questioning eyes. He glanced at Lorne and Gunn having a chat by the bar. When he was sure that they were beyond earshot, he replied, “So what gave me away? Was it the funny American accent? And oh, please don’t tell me that I remind you of my da because there’s no way I’m gonna accept that. “


“The scar on your left eyebrow.”


“The scar? How did you-”


“The year before your mom died.” Glory began “We happened to talk about regrets in the past. She mentioned to me that the one thing she had never gotten over was the time when you were 5 years old and she forgot to turn off her curling iron in her bathroom.”


A hesitant grin began to form on his lips.” Mom told me how I used to drive her crazy all the time when I was a kid.”



“ Well you were just a curious little beaver back then. Tried to imitate your mom by curling your own hair as if it wasn’t already curly enough.” She added with a laugh.


Spike was going to ask what her regret was, but held it back instead. Even if he has tons of questions on his mind, he’d decided to let it slide. He can’t risk an argument with his grandma not when there are so many people are around.

Awkward silence filtered between them before he spoke, “You know what? It depends.”


“Huh?”



“You asked me a while ago why I lied and the answer to your question is- it depends.”



“Depends?” She cocked an eyebrow.



“Depends on which lie you were talking about.”



“I see…” Glory chuckled.



“Honesty doesn’t seem to run pretty well in the family, does it?”



At that, her smile immediately faded. “William.”



“I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I just don’t wanna change the way she sees me.”




“But that’s where you are wrong. Most girls would-”



“Buffy is not most girls.” He quickly intercepted, not liking the fact that he’s already revealing too much to a person who’s practically a stranger to him, even if they’re related. He attempted to change the subject.“ I didn’t know that you own this hotel.”


“This happens to be one of the first ones our family owned. You will find that the staff is easy to manage. Gunn is a nice young fellow who will assist you-”


“I don’t mean to be rude but why are you telling me all this?”



Glory chuckled. “Let’s not talk about that right now. Tell me, what other lie have you told your lovely fiancé “



“See, that’s the thing. She’s not my fiancé “



“What?”



Spike went to explain about their charade.



“So you’re not actually getting married?”



“We’re not.”



“But you wish you were.” Glory asked, sensing the sadness in him.



“Yes. I-I mean no.” He stuttered.



“So which one is it. Yes or no?”



“It’s complicated.”



Another chuckle. “If you say so.”



“I bloody well know so.” Strange. Is it me, or did I just had the similar conversation with Anya a few days ago.



“Hey, not arguing here.” Glory told him with her hands up in the air. “ I may be an old lady but I could still tell if my words of advice are not wanted.”



“ Look, I’m sorry...again.” Spike looked at her guiltily. “Is it okay for me to call you Grams when we’re alone?”


“You could call me grams anytime you want.”



Spike smiled at that. “Does that mean that we’re out of the ad campaign?”



“I guess so.” Glory told him. “ Where are you going?” she asked when she saw him stand-up.



“To end the photo shoot. There’s no point wasting your time and the rest of the crew's when we’re obviously not the couple you're looking for."


“Wait!” Glory approached him. “ It’s okay. Just go along with it. Technically this hotel will be yours weeks from now anyway. And besides, there’s no point avoiding the inevitable.”



Spike’s eyes went wide. “Grams, about the inheritance, I already told your lawyer that I don’t want to have anything to do with it.”



“I know. I’m still giving you some time to think about it, but that's not the ‘inevitable’ that I was telling you about.”



Spike followed the object of her stare, a ghost of a smile forming on his lips when it landed on Buffy.



TBC


A/N: I’m deeply moved from the number of reviews I received from my last chapter. You guys are really awesome. Thank you sooo much. All I can say right about the upcoming chapters is that things will start to get really interesting. When I say interesting, I meant to say Spuffy interesting.

I hope you guys liked my latest update. Please don’t hesitate to leave a review. They truly inspire me to write faster.

Thanks to my beta, Hotmomma M.B. for once again working on this chapter with me!
Picture Perfect by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Hotmomma MB for working on this with me.
“She seemed nice.” Buffy told Spike as he joined her at the veranda for the couple photo shoot.


They were leaning casually on the rail and facing each other while they waited for Warren to change the lens of his camera.


“What do you mean?” He asked


“For an owner of a big place like this, she seemed to take bonding with her guests pretty seriously. So what did you guys talk about?” Buffy asked him as she straightened out the lapels of his shirt.


“Oh, you know stuff.” He answered, watching her closely. She looked breathtakingly beautiful, with her long blond hair dancing freely from the light breeze. The cascading waterfall behind her seemed to frame her petite form magnificently. So captivating and yet…so very distracting.



“Stuff?” Buffy waved her hand over his face as he continued to stare at her, motionless. ”Spike?”



“Huh? Did you say something?”



“ I said - what stuff did you talk about?” she repeated.



“She’s just asking about the wedding date, wishing us luck and all that.”



“See? Nice.” Buffy repeated proudly. “Except for her cocky grin and smirk that wears like a second skin, she’s pretty likeable.”



“Kinda like me then?” he asked in teasing tone as he tucked a light strand of hair behind her ear.




Buffy’s heart skipped a beat. “Yes. Kinda like you.”



*************************


“Can I ask the both of you to sit on that bench, please?” Warren instructed from behind his camera.


They nodded and did what they were told.


As Warren looked through his lens, he couldn’t help but winced. “You know, you guys are a bit too far from each other. Can you move closer?”


Hands on their lap, the couple moved closer. As soon as one leg lightly touched the other, the feeling of heightened awareness instantly brewed between them.


“What the hell’s the matter with these two?” Warren muttered under his breath. He once again looked into his camera.” You’re still not close enough. Ms. Summers, why don’t sit on Mr. Finn’s lap while you, sir should put your arms around her.”



At the mention of the world lap, Buffy’s face reddened instantaneously as the memory of their hot kiss a few moments ago went crashing back into her mind. Nervously, she followed Warren’s instruction and settled herself conveniently on her best friend’s lap while one of Spike’s arms secured itself around her.


“Alright, that’s much, much better.” Warren told them as he looked into his camera once more.


Just breathe nice and slow. Buffy coaxed herself silently, her eyes avoiding Spike’s. Before you know it, this entire ordeal will be over…Just have yourself concentrate on the waterfall behind you. So calm …So peaceful….comfy and cozy… Hey! It’s actually working!



“Now, look at each other and smile.”



Her heart started to race. Uh-oh! Comfy feeling gone again!



Reluctantly, she turned to him and saw a feeling of discomfort reflected in his eyes as well. Tentatively, they gave each other a nervous grin.


Bugger! This is crazy! Spike thought irritably. We’re best of friends. We’re supposed to be having fun and not feel edgy around each other. There must be something I could do …



Suddenly, Buffy felt a light feathery touch that was slowly coming to rest on the side of her waist. She looked-up and saw a mischievous smirk played across his mouth. Before she could react, she felt him tickle her on the side. “Eeep!” She shrieked in surprise then burst into a fit of laughter. CLICK! “Stop it! (laughs) Please stop!- “ CLICK!



Buffy tried to pry out the arms that were firmly holding her in place but to no avail. So instead she slipped a hand inside his shirt and started tickling his abdomen. A deep timbered roar of laughter exploded from the bleached blonde while he struggled to keep the both of them from tumbling out of their seat. CLICK!


“You little minx!” He tickled her more.


“Hahahahaha! Stop Spike! (laughs)” She muffled between giggles, throwing back her head and writhing uncontrollably. CLICK!



“(laughs) Not until you say uncle.”



“Okay! Okay! Uncle…” She squealed at him and true to his words, his fingers stilled. So did hers. The only difference was, hers remained inside his shirt. She was still giggling when she looked up and caught him staring at her with an unfathomable expression. CLICK!



“ What? (giggles) Do I have something in my-“



And the rest of her sentenced died as Spike suddenly captured her lips with his. CLICK!



Buffy welcomed his kiss eagerly. Her hands automatically wandered to the back of his head, loving the way his hair felt as she entangled them with her fingers



Still panting, they reluctantly withdrew. CLICK!



He looked into her flushed face and smiled.. A fellow could get used to this.



********************

“Well aren’t they a sight for sore eyes.” Lorne told Glory as she joined him and Gunn by the bar.


“Indeed they do.” She answered, looking back at the couple fondly.



“So what up’s with you and the bleached boy wonder?” Gunn asked, earning a light chuckle from Glory.


“Oh…just a little a mix-up I guess.”


“Mix-up?” Gunn furrowed his brows in confusion.


“Long story.”


Beside them sat Lorne who was getting bored by the minute. The photo session was taking longer than he expected. Anxiously, he searched the area for something to do. Then his face instantly brightened as he spotted the piano just a few feet from them.


*******************

Meanwhile, Spike and Buffy were already done with their photo session.


“My secretary will call you as soon as the photos are finished.” Warren told them.


(Piano version intro to “What hurts the most” by Rascal Flatts)


As they came back inside the ballroom, the sound of a piano being played instantly caught their attention.



I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now
and then and just let them out




“Wow! I didn’t know our wedding planner could sing like that. “


Spike turned her to face him, “ OUR wedding planner?”



Before Buffy could react, Spike slowly pulled her towards the dance floor.



I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while,
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me,
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me




“What are you doing? I thought you hated sappy country music?” Buffy questioned.



“Actually, I hate country music period.”



Buffy looked at him sternly.” So what are we doing in the middle of the dance floor? I thought the plan was to finish the photo shoot then leave.” She told him, her worried eyes glancing over at Gunn and Glory by the bar.



Spike smiled and lifted her face to meet his eyes. “ Buffy look at me. Just one dance, luv. That’s all I ask. I promise that I’m not gonna bite.”


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away




At her nod, he quickly placed one arm around her waist while the other held her hand tightly against his chest.



And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do



He’s right. It’s just one dance. Nothing to fret about. Nothing to…” Spike?”



“Yeah?”


“Are we going to be all right?” she asked him softly as they gently swayed to the music.



“Of course we are, pet. What makes you think otherwise?”



“It’s just this had been a pretty strange day for me.”



“I know what you mean.” He whispered. “But luckily, we got we came here for. You got the Wedding reception of your dreams. “



“Yes, Riley’s gonna be thrilled.” She told him, feigning a cheery tone.



It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you
everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile
when I see our old friends and I’m alone




“Yeah, I bet he is.”



So close and yet so far…, he thought bitterly. Savor the moment. His heart twisted painfully at the thought that their next dance will have to be on the day of her wedding. When she already belongs to that ponce, Riley Finn.




Still Harder Getting up,
getting dressed,
livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words
that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken



Unknown to Spike, Buffy was thinking of the exact same thing. As She buried herself in the hollow between his neck and shoulder, she bit her lip. Her tears threatened to spill as a moment of clarity finally filled her head. She can’t do it!


What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away



Who was she kidding? She’s way in too deep to further delude herself. She needs to see Riley right away. The last time he called, he’d said that he’d be back the week after. That would be far too long. Too long to wait, for her do what she should’ve done months ago…Break-up with him. She can’t go through with the wedding. Not after all that had happened…. Not when her heart completely belongs to someone else.


While it is true that Spike may not feel the same way about her, she’s convinced that a certain amount of mutual attraction between them exists somehow. With Dru still out of the picture, she knows that she has a chance. She just needed to make him realize that she’s the right woman for him.


And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do



As he heard the sound of faint sob coming from Buffy, Spike pulled her away slightly from him to carefully search her face. “Buffy, what are you thinking, luv?” He asked as his thumb came up to wipe the tiny droplets of tears that escaped through her eyes.

(Piano instrumental)

“Riley.” She told him simply.


His jaw clenched and unclenched.


“Oh.” It was all he was able to say as he once again pulled her close to him. He didn’t want her to see the hurt that flickered through his eyes at the mention of her real fiancé. Of course, she must be thinking that Riley should’ve been there with her instead of him.



What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That’s what I was trying to do




“I’m sorry.” Buffy told him, moving away from his arms. “ I- I just need to get some air.” And to call Riley ASAP.


Buffy stepped out towards the veranda and pressed the speed dial for Riley’s number. There was no answer. She looked at her phone in bewilderment, thinking that it was pretty unusual for Riley not to answer his cell phone, so she dialed it again.


Unknown to her, just outside of the ballroom, the man hiding behind shadow jumped slightly at the sound of his cell phone ringing. He had just witnessed the dance between Buffy and Spike and it took much of his willpower not to the step into the scene and punch the bleached blonde on the nose.


The cell phone rang again.


“Just let it ring,” said the woman beside him. “We don’t want to let them know what we know. Not just yet.”


“I don’t think I can let them be like this, Dru. I have to go in.” The man whined.



“This is not why I brought you here, Riley. If you go in there right now, it will surely be over between you and Buffy so quickly. We have to think of a plan.”



“A plan?” Riley laughed insultingly. “If you think I’m going to work with a lunatic like you, you have another thing coming.”



Dru growled. “Do you want to marry sunshine or not?”



“I do.”



“Then you have to listen carefully.”



TBC



A/N: Thank you! Thank you for continuing to read my stories. Appreciate all your reviews, they help me write faster ad better.

Hope you guys like my latest update. Again, let me know what you think of it.


Song used was “What hurts the most by Rascal Flatts

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1448125&referer=http%3A%2F%2
Decisions by slaymuch
A week later


After she had called Riley a dozen times and left him with a number of messages on his voicemail, Buffy had decided to wait it out and just appeared at his doorstep the day after his arrival.


She’d been up all night, talking to Willow and thinking about doing what she should’ve done a long, long time ago. The more she thought about it, the more she’s convinced that she will be doing the right thing.


Now all she needed was little nudge to help her pull it off.


With that last thought, her attention went to the ring she wore on her finger - the one that was given to her by Spike. Her heart skipped a beat as she briefly recalled how he had gotten down on his knees and proposed to her. Just to be able hear him say those words that she had long waited to hear made her heart swell-up with joy.


Truth be told, she hadn’t come up with the reason of why she chose not return the ring yet. He seemed to have forgotten about it as well for he never mentioned it, not even once in the two phone conversations they had that week. They were the only conversation they had since that that day at the hotel and in both times, their exchanges had been brief. He asked her how she was; she told him she’s okay and that’s the extant of that. It almost seemed like he was supposed to tell her something but chose not to…or could it be just wishful thinking on her part?



“Okay. Here goes nothing.” She inhaled deeply before she rang the doorbell.



Riley opened the door for her. “Hi!” she greeted.



“Buffy!” Riley chirped, as he swooped down and gave her a kiss that Buffy took hesitantly. “ I missed you, baby. ”


His mouth watered at the amount of skin exposed from her skimpy halter-top. Buffy Buffy Buffy. Oh how he's crazy about his girl. His eyes roamed hungrily over the smoothness of her shoulder down to the jeans that emphasized the beauty of her curves. She was a vision of hotness. He’ll be damned if he’ll let some loser like Spike Giles take her away from him.


“Um…I missed you too.” She quickly told him. “I’ve been trying to call you all week. Where were you? “



“I’m sorry that I got you so worried. It’s just that I got so busy lately.”



“Too busy to answer the phone?”



Riley chuckled “You know I love it when you act like that. It’s cute.”



Buffy looked at him sternly. “You’re stalling.”


“Okay you got me. I’m actually working on a surprise for you. And don’t you dare try to talk me into sharing it with you because you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself on our wedding day.”


“Oh.” She cleared her throat.” …Riley? About the wedding… There’s something that I need to tell you-“



“You must be Buffy!” A middle age couple suddenly emerged from the living room.



The woman gave her a firm hug. ”You don’t know how glad I am to finally meet you!”



At Buffy’s confused look, Riley quickly made with the introductions.” Buffy I would like you to meet my parents, Richard and Kate .”



Buffy feigned a big smile. “ Pleased to meet you…uh Richard and Kate. Could you give us a minute please?”



“Of course.” Riley’s father gave the couple a worried look. ” Come on, dear.”




“I thought they’re supposed to arrive next week?” Buffy asked Riley as the older couple disappeared into the kitchen.



“They were supposed to, but they changed their mind.”


At Buffy’s sigh of exasperation he went on, “I know you wanted to prepare for their arrival, but they just couldn’t wait to meet you. “



Buffy stared into space. She was practically clueless to what she’s supposed to do next; his parents obviously flew all the way from Iowa just to meet her. When she planned their break-up, Riley’s parents weren’t supposed to be in the mix.


“You were going to tell me something?”




“Riley I….” Oh God! I can’t tell him now! It’ll be awkward. “I need to go and do that thing that I’m supposed to do this morning.”, She told him, fidgeting. She kept her hands behind her as an attempt to hide what she wasn't supposed to be wearing.


“But you just got here.”


“I know I’m sorry.” She told him nervously.



“All right I’ll let you go this time, but you have to be back this evening to have dinner with us.”



**************

“ I chickened out.” Buffy told Willow after she caught-up with her at the mall a few minutes later.


“I figured as much with you being here and all.” Willow told her as she picked-up a skirt from a rack of clothes and checked the size. Nope. Too short.



Buffy helped by picking-out a skirt from the same rack. After having checked its length, she handed it to the redhead who gave her an instant nod of approval.




“I don’t deserve to be happy, Wills.” Buffy groaned in frustration.



“What? Buffy what on earth made you think that?”



“I just know. I mean I don’t know what I want half the time…ok most of the time. That’s why I usually end up making the wrong decisions in life.”



Willow walked into one of the fitting rooms.



“Buffy, listen to me “ She told her from the other side.” You’re on the right track, honey. I think you should go over to Riley’s and tell him that the wedding’s off so you could start making a move on Spike.”



Buffy chuckled. “ You do know that there’s no guarantee that it will work between Spike and me.”


“But over the phone, I thought you I heard you mention that there were definite ‘sparkage’ between the two of you or did I hear you wrong?”



“No Wills, you didn’t hear me wrong. There were definitely some sparkage. In fact there were lots.” Buffy said, suppressing a giggle.


“So what are you waiting for, woman? Why aren’t you high tailing it over to Spike’s place and….I don’t know, carpe diem!”


“You want us to eat fish?”


Willow’s head suddenly peered through the door, frowning. “No…Carpe diem, not carp. It means seize the day.”



“Oh yeah. I knew that.” She replied foolishly. “But he’s not in love with me, Willow.”



“And you’re sure about this how?”



“I could tell that he is still carrying a torch for that vampire wannabe. He’s still probably hurting from losing her.”


Willow disappeared back into the fitting room and carefully examined herself in the mirror. “Well, let’s just make sure that you’re there to help him mend his heart then.”




*********************


When Spike’s doorbell rang, the first thing that came to his mind was Buffy. Smiling widely, he quickly opened the door.



“Spike.” Dru wetted her lips at the sight of Spike sans his shirt.



Just as quickly, his smile faded. “Dru.”


“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” Without waiting for Spike’s response, Dru made her way inside his dorm room.




“What are you doing here, Dru?”



The brunette smiled mischievously as she sat on his couch. “You’ve been a bad dog, my Spike. I’ve been waiting for you to come to my house last night. You didn’t even call. ”




“Oh yeah! I’m sorry I forgot. What was it you wanted to talk about?”



“It’s about us.”



Spike shook his head in disbelief. “Dru, the last time I checked, there is no us. There hasn’t been an us for almost a year now.”



“Precisely my darling. “ Dru snickered madly at Spike’s confused look. “I know that there is no us and I also know that there never will be. You see, I’ve done something wrong.”



Spike crossed his arms across his bare chest. “Why don’t I like the sound of that?”



“I’ve been trying to make you spend some time with me lately, so we could get back together.”



“Dru –“



“Let me finish.” She intercepted. “ I want you to know that I’ve accepted our fate, Spike. I may be crazy sometimes but I’m not stupid. You’re in love with sunshine. Always had been. “



“Why are you telling me all this?”



“Because I want us to be friends again.” She offered her hand.” Is that ok with you? To accept me as a friend?”



Spike sighed in relief. “Of course Dru. I would love to be your friend.”



“Good. “ She looked at her watch then stood-up. “Well, now. I should be heading out. “



Spike opened the door for her.



Dru was about to leave when she doubled back and gave him a light kiss on the lips. She whispered.” Thanks for everything. Buffy is lucky to have you.”



“Bye Dru.” He told her as he watched her leave.



****************

Buffy was across the hallway, on her way to Spike’s dorm room when she saw Spike’s door open. She practically drooled at the sight of her best friend clad only in jeans. With his back facing her, she continued her ogling, admiring the way the muscles on his back flexed as he leaned casually against the doorway.

Buffy smiled wickedly as a number of different scenarios played inside her head. Some of which involves a lot of kissing… grinding…and perhaps a few scratches on his back.


She tried to suppress a giggle as she moved to snake her arms around his torso in an attempt to surprise him. But just then, a flash of brunette inside his room made her instantly back away.


Hurriedly, she took cover behind a group of students that had been hanging out by the hallway. Oh my God! Was that-…


Buffy’s heart painfully constricted at the sight of what seemed to be a kissingfest between Spike and Dru.

*******************


Later that night.



The doorbell rang and Riley eagerly opened the door to his rented bungalow.


“Hi. I hope I’m not late.” Buffy greeted with a smile. A smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.


Riley hid a smirk as he helped Buffy out of her coat. “ Nope. You’re just in time. Mom’s still in the kitchen. You’re in for a treat because she’s just about ready to serve my favorite crab soufflé.”




TBC


A/N: Thanks to Lara, Kimmie, Jessica, Pretty Cordy, Spuff_me, Ash, Photographynut, Kayla, SarahandJamesFanatic, Brittney, Dirktavian, Steph, CCC, Mikaela and Cathou for reviewing my last chapter. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I hope I didn’t scare anyone off by putting a little obstacle for our favorite couple. All I ask is to have a little faith. It would be times like these that true Spuffy love should come out at its best. . Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks again!

Special thanks to Hotmomma MB for helping me out with this chapter and for being a good friend.
Kiss and Tell by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
The doorbell rang and Riley eagerly opened the door to his bungalow.


“Hi. I hope I’m not late.” Buffy greeted with a smile. A smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.


Riley hid a smirk as he helped Buffy out of her coat. “ Nope. You’re just in time. Mom’s still in the kitchen. You’re in for a treat because she’s just about ready to serve my favorite crab soufflé.”


************


Meanwhile, Xander sat anxiously by the lounge area inside the Bronze. He and Anya were supposed meet-up, hang around for a bit before they head out and watch a movie. He was very much looking forward to their time alone since Anya had been very busy with school projects recently that they hardly saw one another that entire week..



He had it all planned out- watch a movie then hang-out inside his basement and ask Anya to spend the night. Spring break had already begun and he intended to make up for every moment they’ve spent away from each other. Oh how he missed her. His eyes twinkled and heart skipped a beat in anticipation each time the doorway had opened to oncoming patrons. So when a very familiar looking bleached blonde came barging into the club, his head automatically bent down and repeatedly pounded on the table before him.



“Oh no…” Xander whimpered as Spike marched his way to his area.



Minutes later, Xander groaned inwardly as Spike literally jumped his ass of his seat and checked on his phone the fifth time around. He’d practically done this each time that he heard someone else’s phone rang. Even if every single one of them did not nearly sounded at all like his own ring tone.


“What?” Spike asked when he caught-up on his friend’s very annoyed expression.


“Something’s up and you’d better tell me. So spill.”


“You read me like a book,” Spike told him as he took a big gulp from his bottle of beer.


“Well, I don’t have to read you. No actual reading necessary. Usually whenever you’re like this, either you had too much coffee at breakfast or you’re just plain skittish about a certain blonde who goes by the name of Buffy.”


Spike regarded the brunette thoughtfully. It would be so out of his character but he’d been itching to tell someone ever since he and Buffy went their separate ways that day. It was one of those things he needed to do in order to assure himself that that day had indeed really happened.


“ BuffyandIkissed.” Spike muttered quickly.


“Huh?”



“We kissed.


Xander’s eyes went wide. “You and…” Then when Spike nodded, it turned into smaller slits as a broad smile suddenly formed across his face. “Wow! You finally did it! “


Xander gave him a pat on the back.” I’m proud of you, man! I’m glad you finally told her coz I’m beginning to worry that you were going to let her marry Riley.”



But there were something the way his friend had refused to meet his eyes that made Xander ask. “You did tell her about what you feel about her, didn’t you?”



“Actually…”



Xander shook his head in utter disbelief.” Spike Giles, you’re absolutely…” he paused then shook his head before he continued, “You know what? I couldn’t even find the right adjective that would go with your strange behavior.”



“Try hopeless.” Spike told him gruffly.



“Yeah I can’t say that I don’t agree with you there, man. Anyway, how did it go? She didn’t slap your face or anything? Most importantly, did she kiss you back?”



“Who kissed Spike back?” Anya’s curious chirpy voice suddenly emerged from behind them.



“Hi honey.” Xander greeted his girlfriend.



“No don’t stop now!” Anya added, taking the seat behind the brunette before accepting the light kiss from Xander. “This is interesting news. Who did you kiss,Spike? Wait a minute. Did you just got back with Drusilla?” She asked Spike with a frown.




“Hell no.” Came Spikes abrupt reply.



“He kissed Buffy.” Xander told her with an amused grin.



“Well it’s about time! So I assuming that she responded pretty well. Please tell me that she did!”



Both Xander and Anya waited eagerly for his reply.




“She did.” At his answer, the couple gave out the breath they were holding.



“That’s great!” Anya squealed excitedly. “Oh I definitely got to hear Buffy’s side of the story.” Like how much she enjoyed the kiss. “Where is she by the way?”


****************


Buffy tried to appear interested as Riley’s mom went on about their latest cruise.
She took a quick glance at her watch and could not believe that only 10 full minute had passed since they’ve started dinner.



“Seriously Riley, the two of you should go on a cruise right after your wedding. They have an amazing spa package that Buffy will surely love.”



“Yes, your mom practically had her spa treatments done each day of that 5 day cruise.”



“Spa treatments are my weakness. Tell me, who would say no to two hours of massage and relaxation.” Kate told them excitedly.



“I guess that’s a woman thing. I’d rather spend the afternoon by the pool than have a spa treatment.” Riley told his mom as he gave his fiancé a grin. “ How about you, Buffy?”



Buffy plastered a fake smile on her face. “I like being pampered so the answer is yes.”




“Oh, you don’t need to go to a spa for you to be pampered.” Riley winked at her, before giving her a light kiss on the head.



That simple act alone had caused Buffy’s stomach to slightly turn.



His parents were not making it easier for her either. Seriously, if Kate mentions the word “spa” again, she’s going to scream. Sighing inwardly, she toyed with her soufflé and contemplated on whether she should tell them that she’s allergic to crabs.


**************


“What do you mean she’s having dinner with Riley and his parents?” Anya asked in a hysterical manner.



“I called her up this afternoon. I was going to ask her if we could spend some time alone to talk.”
Spike began. ”But unfortunately, she was kind of busy, preparing for her dinner date with the Finns so she kind of told me she’ll call me later.”



“ Am I missing something here? Why is Buffy still spending time with Riley when the two of you are obviously together now?




“As it turned out Ahn, our boy here had chickened out again.” Xander explained.




“So let me get this straight. The two of you kissed?”



Spike nodded.



“And somehow you ran out time like what usually happens on soap opera shows and didn't able to tell her how you really feel about her after that one kiss.”



“Kisses.” Spike muttered quickly.



“Come again.” Anya and Xander asked in unison, their face suddenly alert.



“There was actually more…than just one kiss. “



“You kissed twice and you still haven’t told her!!!!” Anya exclaimed in exasperation.



“Actually there was three if count the one we did at the dorm.”



Xander shook his head in disbelief. “ You made out in your dorm room and yet you made it sound like it’s no big deal!”



“Well, we did not make-out, it was more like…practicing for our act. I know it may sound silly, but it was something I looked-up in the net. It’s called getting into the character. I thought it was pretty effective because for a while, Buffy seemed be into it as well. She even said yes when I proposed to her back at the parking lot.”



Anya and Xander’s mouth fell at what the bleached blonde had told them.



“You proposed…..” Xander repeated mutely.



“And she said yes…” Anya added, staring into space.



“Yeah.” Spike confirmed.




“Okay. I sort of promised myself that I wouldn’t do this to you again but-“ Anya smacked Spike hard on the back of his head.



“Ow!” Spike whined.” Why the bloody hell did you do that for?….No wait! Don’t answer that.” He immediately added, realizing just how crazy his situation was.



Anya grabbed Spike by his hand and pulled him up on his feet.



“What are you doing?” The bleached blonde asked, utterly surprised by Anya’s abrupt reaction.



“We’re going to Riley's.” She answered curtly. “And you’re coming with.”


So much for his plan to spend some time alone with his girlfriend. Xander grunted. He had absolutely no intention of coming along since Anya and her abrupt decisions would usually spell disaster.


“Can I stay here and just- ow! ”Xander wailed when Anya came back and harshly grabbed him by the arm. “So that’s a no, then.”




TBC


A/N: Thanks to my readers and to all who have reviewed on my last chapter. Hope you liked my latest update. Feedback is very much appreciated.
Intervention by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Big thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chapter!
Buffy grumbled silently to herself as Riley offered her a glass of wine. She took it and held her tongue, knowing that it will probably raise two sets of eyebrows if she dared remind him of her weak tolerance towards alcohol. Damn! How could he forget? Then as she tried to search her mind for a possible answer, something inside her clicked. She realized that the reason behind Riley’s frequent blunder was because she never once told him about her weird reaction to alcohol nor the simple fact that eating crabs would instantly cause her face to swell up.


How could she not have told him all this time? Weird, but true. All those times that they went out, all she ever did was order a soda and Riley never bothered to ask the reason behind it. An irksome feeling had begun to seep through her as she looked upon the man who she’s about to marry…The man who clearly doesn’t know much about her at all.


“So…” Richard started ” Where do you plan to live? ”


“Have you guys talked about it?” Kate added, aiming her question at Buffy.


“Yes. We did.” Buffy nodded. “Of course we did….We um…”


The older couple waited for the rest of her answer but it didn’t come. Buffy couldn’t think clearly with all three of them staring so intently at her.


Finally, Riley had decided to save her. “We’re actually planning to settle here.”



“Here?” Kate threw a worried look at his husband. “In Sunnydale? Are you sure you want to do that?”



“Buffy and I like it here. I don’t find anything wrong with this town. “ Riley asked.



“Well, the thing is-“ Richard paused.” Have you even considered the school district?”



“School district? ” Riley echoed with an amused grin.



Buffy stared long hard at the stem wine glass before taking a small sip. To hell with it, She silently mused. She would do anything to block out the stupid conversation they were having.


“This is a serious matter, Riley?” Richard added firmly. “Are sure this town is going to be what’s best for your kids?”



Richard’s last comment had completely thrown Buffy off guard that she accidentally spurted the red wine she just sipped.



“Oh God, I’m so sorry.” Buffy quickly grabbed the table napkin on her lap and tried to pat dry Kate’s expensive white top. “ I didn’t mean to-“



“It is all right dear,” Kate gave her a forced smile. “Nothing to worry about. I’ll just go and change.”


“I’m really sorry…” Buffy added guiltily as she tried to avoid Riley’s inquisitive gaze.


******************

Meanwhile, three suspicious looking heads appeared one by one looking through Riley’s dinning room window.


“Could anybody please tell me what we’re doing here?” Xander asked, impatiently.


“We need to get Buffy out of there ASAP.” Anya answered punctuating her last word with a nod.

Xander looked at her quizzically.” What? Why?”


“So he could finally tell her what he feels! That’s why!”


“Ahn…You’re speaking like Riley and Buffy are getting married today.” Xander pointed out. ”Spike could just tell her what he feels first thing in the morning.”


“You seriously believe that Spike is going to have the guts to tell Buffy how he feels come daybreak. You of all people should know that that’s not gonna happen! Not without proper intervention. Spike may have bad ass image in good in Sunnydale but when it comes to Buffy he’s no more than a mere school boy with a crush.”


“Sitting right here.” Spike grunted.


Ignoring Spike, Anya went on. “So that’s where we come in. We have to do something before it’s too late. It’s now or never.”


“So we’re really going to crash their dinner party?” Xander asked. “ Are you out of your mind?”


“I’ve never been more serious in my life, Xander. Trust me on this because I have a fool proof plan.“


“And that’s supposed to ease my worries?” Xander muttered.



******
Spike momentarily steered away from his friends’ conversation the moment he spotted Buffy.


From their angle, he had a very good view of Riley and Buffy sitting beside each other as compared to Riley’s parents’ whose backs are the only ones he could only see. He couldn’t quite hear through their conversation so he had to rely mostly on their facial expression.


He caught the part where Buffy had basically mouth sprayed the wine on Riley’s mom. He thought it was so bloody hilarious that he had a hard time keeping himself from laughing out loud. The scene actually caused a big relief for him ever since the stupid ponce offered Buffy the glass of wine. What the sodding hell was he thinking getting his girl drunk right in front of his parents?


Spike finally got a very good view of his girl as the woman stepped out of the room.
.

While Riley and his dad chatted away, Spike noticed that Buffy’s mind seemed to be elsewhere. Spike took in the gloom on her face. Gone were the twinkle in her eyes and the bright smile that she wore that day at the hotel. Her fingers toyed with spoon before her other finger went to touch the ring on her finger. And that’s when he saw it.


His heart jumped when he saw that the ring she was wearing wasn’t Riley’s….It was his. Why would she still be wearing it?


He watched as Buffy continued to play with the ring, touching and turning it absentmindedly before her eyes went comically wide. Spike got his answer to his question when he saw the panic look on her face. His tiniest hint of hope was crushed as she discreetly took it off and replaced it with the one that Captain Cardboard gave her.


Oh Crap! Buffy thought silently.


Right after she found Spike and Dru together in his dorm, Buffy practically ran all the way home, crying. She was so angry that she had changed her mind about breaking up with Riley. Out of her haste to make it to their dinner appointment in time, she had taken Riley’s ring from the jewelry box, thinking that she could just switch the two on her way.


“Something wrong, baby?” Riley’s asked her with concern.


“Uh-no, I’m okay.” Buffy answered, faking a smile.


“I think the reason why Riley was asking you, dear is because you look like you hardly touched your food.” Richard pointed out with a grin so wide it’s annoying. “Are you on a diet of some sort?”


“No, she’s not on a diet,” Riley interjected then quickly turned to Buffy when he became doubtful. “ Are you?”


Suddenly the phone rang before Buffy could reply.


“I’ll take it.” Riley quickly stood up. “Probably the frat house.”


******************
“So what’s the plan?” Spike asked, his eyes still on Buffy.


“You try to call Buffy from her cell phone and tell her to come out here.”


“That’s it.” Spike asked, looking skeptical. “ That’s your plan? That I ‘ll just ask her to come out here?”


“ Just do as I say okay?” Anya insisted.



***********

“Where’s Riley?” Kate asked when she returned to her seat.


“He just took an important phone call.” Buffy replied.


“Wonder what could be so important that it took him away from our once in a blue moon family dinner.” Kate grumbled.


“Well if our dinner didn’t take that long to prepare in the first place …” Richard pointed out.


“It was the grocery store that took most of my time. If you just agreed to come along and help me then I wouldn’t have gotten lost.”


“Well, I’m just as new here as you are to this place so I don’t think my being there would’ve made any difference.”


“ It’s been so many years since I’ve done the grocery myself you know. It’s confusing. I couldn’t even find the eggs.” Kate continued.” It’s a good thing a handsome young man saw my dilemma and helped me out.”


“It’s called customer service, honey.” Her husband quipped.


“Well actually, he was just a customer like me, only he knew the place better than I did, obviously.”


“He did not take your wallet, did he?” Richard’s joke this time was met with a disapproving look from his wife.


When Buffy’s phone rang, it was only time then that the couple realized that they weren’t alone.


The petite blonde was almost glad for the diversion, but the moment her eyes saw who it was on the caller id, she turned it off.



“Who was it dear?” Kate asked.


“Oh…it’s uh… nobody important. It’s just one of those persistent telemarketers.”


*************

What the? Did she just did what he think she did? Spike saw the hint of anger flashed before her eyes before she turned her phone off. Is she upset with him? Why would she be upset with him? He quickly searched his mind for something he did that could’ve offended her but he kept on drawing a blank.


“I don’t why but she seemed to be upset with me.” Spike said.


“Nonsense. I think she just didn’t want to be disturbed.” Anya assured him


“Oh right! She turned off her phone because she didn’t want to be disturbed from a riveting conversation.” Spike said mockingly.


“Okay! Good point. “Anya agreed.” No need to be sarcastic about it.”


“I guess that would mean your plan didn’t work, Anh. “ Xander told his girlfriend. “I think it’s time for us to head home.”



“No. Not just yet! We still have plan B.” Anya told them.” Come on, follow me guys.”


The three of them started to walk. Then as they reached Riley’s front porch Spike stopped them.


“ Hold it, I’m not moving an inch, till you tell me what’s on your mind.” Spike told her.



“We’re gonna see if the back door is open.”



“We’re gonna trespass you mean.” Xander said.



Anya grunted. “ You guys are such whimps! Fine! I’ll do it. I’ll go in and try to get hold of Buffy. Wait a second.” Her hand went up to her left ear. “ I lost an earring.”


“You what now?” Spike asked irritatedly.


“I must’ve lost one of my earrings when we ran all the way here.” She said in panicked voice. “ It’s special Xander. They’re worth almost a thousand.”


Xander’s eyes went wide.” Why on earth would you wear something so expensive to our operation Spuffy in the first place?”


“Operation Spuffy?” Spike looked at Xander sternly.


“I’m afraid you guys will have to look for it.” Anya insisted.


“What?!!! We can hardly see anything in the dark.” Xander complained.



“Well you could start right here. “ Anya suggested.



“Are you completely daft?! ” Spike reacted. “ It’d be like looking for a needle in a haystack.”



“I see something shiny near the door. Could you please take a look at it Spike?” Anya pleaded.



Swearing to himself, Spike marched angry steps towards area were Anya pointed. Then as he bent down, Anya quickly pressed the doorbell before she grabbed Xander and left the scene.




TBC


A/N Sorry but I won’t be able to post the next chapter till after a week or two. There are some things that I would need to take care of like my son’s upcoming first birthday and a couple of gigs lined-up. I hope to be back with the new chapter by Nov 21.

Thank you for your patience!
Meet the parents by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
At the sound of the doorbell, Buffy quickly rose to her feet. “I’ll get that.” She was thankful for another chance at diversion. She couldn’t believe how badly she needed to get away from Riley’s parents. She couldn’t believe what she was doing there in the first place.


When she opened the door, nobody was there. Her hand automatically went to scratch a spot on her head. Then as she was about to close the door, she heard a rustling sound just below her.


Buffy’s heart did a flippity-flop motion as her eyes landed upon the familiar bleached blonde who was crouching on the ground. Spike.


It took a few seconds before he had a feeling like somebody was watching him. He let his eyes wander until it came upon the sight of a pair of familiar smooth legs that had starred a million times in his dreams. He continued his ogling, stopping only when he ended up having a very good of view of Buffy’s lacy underwear.


“Nice knickers, luv,” He grinned mischievously as he felt an all too familiar stirring in his loins.


Buffy’s face flushed at his continuous blatant appraisal. She suddenly felt self-conscious and took a step behind. “Spike, what the hell are you doing here?” She asked irritably.


“What am I-“ He stood up abruptly and looked around him. There was no sign of Anya and Xander. It didn’t take him long enough to figure out that he’d been played by his friends.


“Bloody plan B…” He muttered to himself, immediately standing up.


“What?”


Spike chuckled. There may have been fire in her eyes when she stared upon him but she still looked so damn irresistible.


”You look beautiful Buffy.” He told her sincerely. Her lovely green dress hugged her body so exquisitely, its length flowed so freely just above her knee. Oh how he wanted her at that moment.


Buffy’s heart skipped a beat. “You haven’t answered my question, Spike. What are you doing here?”



“I came to…” He sighed. “ I just want to talk to you.”



“Where’s she?” Buffy crossed her arms on her chest.



“Where’s who?”



“Your girlfriend, Spike.”



“Buffy, you of all people should know that I don’t have a girlfriend right now.”



“Don’t lie to me Spike. I saw -“



“You saw what?” He asked her with an amused grin.



“Never mind.” She told him angrily. “You’d better go before Riley sees you.”



“Like I’m scared of that ponce, Buffy.” He scoffed. “Please come with me. I need to talk to you.”



“No!”



“Why the bloody hell not?”



“I don’t want to, Spike! Just leave.” She told him harshly. With hurt in her eyes, she took his mom’s engagement ring from her pocket and handed it to him. “And please take this with you.”



Spike’s hand curled around the ring firmly. Her words did little to upset him for there was something about Buffy’s words that brought him hope. Buffy was obviously rattled and it has something to do with her ridiculous notion that he has a girlfriend. Could it be that she’s just plain jealous? But of whom?



What is he still doing here and why the hell is he smiling? Was that a smirk on his face? “Spike haven’t you heard a word I-“



“Spike.” Riley muttered distastefully as he suddenly appeared beside Buffy.



“Riley.” Spike returned with an equally challenging tone. His jaw clenched and unclenched.



“What the hell are you doing here?”



“This isnone of your bloody business. “ Spike spoke angrily. “This is between me and my g-…best friend”



Riley stood in between his fiancée and the bleached blonde, his arms crossed on his chest. “Well you happen to be standing on my property so that makes it my business.”



“Buffy five minutes that all I ask.” Spike pleaded, his eyes never leaving Riley’s.



“No Spike. You have to go.”



“You heard what Buffy said.”


In his mind, Spike had a clear picture of hitting captain cardboard on the nose with Riley falling to the ground, face first.



“What’s all the commotion here?” Richard asked as he and Kate came out of the house.


“ You!” Kate said as her eyes came to rest upon the familiar bleached blonde.


Spike smiled, a flicker of hope sparkled in his eyes. “Good evening ma’am.”


“You two know each other?” Buffy asked. She looked between Spike and Kate.


“What a small world! And you happen to know my boy , Riley! Isn’t that awesome?" Kate giggled excitedly. “He’s the one I’ve been telling you about. The kind man who helped me with my grocery.” She explained.


“Really?” Riley spoke in sarcasm.



“You know what? Why don’t come and join us for dinner.”




“Uh- I don’t think-“



“Mom, you’re not seriously asking Spike to join our- .” Riley complained.



“Spike.” Kate echoed, her eyes twinkling. She let her eyes wander over Spike’s yummy form. “ So that’s your name. How very…. fitting.”



Buffy’s eyes went wide to Kate’s obvious flirting towards her bestfriend.



“Tell me, Spike…Do you eat Crab soufflé ?



Buffy’s suddenly became alarmed. She waved at Spike discreetly as she mouthed a big “no”.



Even if I desperately need to talk to Buffy and tell her how I feel, there’s absolutely no way I’m gonna barged into somebody’s else’s family dinner. It would be unethical. Spike was about to say no until his eyes landed upon Riley’s angry-looking face. Spike raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. But then again….


“Crab soufflé happens to be one of my favorite, Mrs. Finn.”



AN: I’ll try to post the next update within the week. Thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chapter. Let me know what you guys think of my latest installment, okay?

I have at least 6 or 7 remaining chapters with this story. Hopefully I’ll have the story completed before the holidays or if not at least before the year ends. Once again thanks to all my readers. You guys definitely rock! Happy thanksgiving!
Letting Go by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
“ So how exactly did the two of you meet again?” Riley suspiciously asked just as they all settled in the dining room.


Buffy kept her head down, feeling uneasy. Why does Spike had to take the seat across from her? It was bad enough that he had occupied her thoughts all this time. Must he be there to torment her physically as well? Why is he here and what does he want? Didn’t he just get back with his precious Drusilla? And most of all, why would he even hide that fact to her?


“…at the grocery store, honey. I thought I already mentioned it to you.” Kate answered as she gently wiped a napkin over her lips.


“No, you haven’t, mom.”



Riley turned to Spike, his eyes brimming with distrust.“ And what were you doing at the grocery store?”



“Spike is our guest, Riley.” Richard warned. “What Spike does with his own time is none of our business.”


“It’s all right.” Spike said softly as he turned to Riley. “If you must know, I was buying myself a mint and a pack of cigarettes.” Spike recalled himself dropping by at Walmart after his brief encounter with Dru. Normally he would prefer buying his cigarettes at a convenience store, but his sudden craving for a smoke had compelled him to stop at the nearest store he could find right before he went to see Xander at the Bronze.


“Ummmm. This is the best crab soufflé I’ve ever had.” Spike complimented, ignoring Riley’s piercing stare. “Riley’s lucky to have a mom like you, Mrs. Finn”



“Why thank you, dear. That’s so sweet of you ” Kate blushed. “and please call me Kate.”


Spike almost choked on his food when Riley’s mom secretly rested her hand on his knee and gave it a light squeeze. What in the world has he got himself into? Fortunately for him, Richard asked her to pass the salt for this compelled her to withdraw her hand instantly.




Rolling her eyes, Buffy took an angry bite on her asparagus. Incidentally, it had been the only food she was able to gobble throughout dinner since she couldn’t touch Kate’s crab soufflé.



“Kate is a very good cook.” Richard added proudly. “ and crab soufflé happens to be one of her many specialties.”




“It really is an awesome dish, Mrs…I mean Kate.” Spike complimented with a charming smile. Spike tried to appear naive as he went on and added, ”…too bad Buffy can’t eat it. ” His gaze went over lovingly to the petite blonde before him. “You would’ve loved it, pet.”



A hush fell upon them as Buffy’s face went up alarmingly towards her best friend. Spike answered her look with an innocent one. “ What, you didn’t tell them?”



“Oh dear!” Kate gasped. One of her hands came-up to cover her mouth in shock. “You’re allergic to crabs.”



“Very funny, Spike.” Riley told Spike, his grip getting tighter on his fork. “ If she was allergic to crab, I would’ve known about it.”



“So that would explain why you haven’t touched your food.” Richard added thoughtfully



“What am I, a wall here? Buffy’s not allergic.” Riley insisted.



Ignoring her son, Kate began to apologize to Buffy. “ I’m so sorry, dear. We didn’t know.”



“Buffy, please tell them you’re not allergic to crabs.”



“Riley…” Buffy looked at him guiltily.” I forgot to uh…. I w-wanted to but…It’s just the chance never came up before.”



Riley’s nose flared as his eyes were met with Spike’s nana-nana-nana look. He wanted to punch Spike’s nose, but instead tried to appear calm as he held Buffy’s hand and kissed its palm. “That’s okay. I understand. No need to fret about it, baby.”



Spike turned to his side and tried to mimic Riley’s words in disgust.


Buffy looked-up and their eyes met. He winked at her and she found herself smiling, in spite of her brooding anger.

********************

Drinking his coffee, Spike observed Buffy and Riley with hooded eyes in the living room. He’d been wanting to catch her alone so he could finally tell her how he felt but Riley’s tight presence with Buffy made it virtually impossible.



Finally, Riley’s phone rang and Spike wasted no time to talk to her. “ I need to talk to you.”



“I need to talk to you too, but let me do it first.” Buffy muttered.



“Okay.” He said nervously, as he anticipated a discussion that could possibly go a million different ways.

.


Buffy stared up at him. Several minutes had already past and still she hadn’t said a word.



“Pet?”



“Oh right. Ummmm….You shouldn’t have come here, Spike.” She whispered.




“I’m sorry luv, I didn’t mean to barge into your family dinner. But I have something to tell you that’s really important.”



” Really?” Suddenly, it became quite clear to her now that the reason why Spike had showed up was to tell her that he and the vapid ho were getting back together. The only reason she could come up with why Spike had denied having a girlfriend earlier was probably the fact that she was on attack mode and didn’t want to upset her.



Even if it wasn’t technically news to her anymore, she knew that she wasn’t quite ready to hear it from him just yet. Not after all those mind-blowing kisses they’ve had. Not after those heart warming moments they’ve shared. “I don’t want to hear it.”


“What?!!!”



“I said I don’t want to hear it.”



“But-“



“No! Not a word.”



Buffy thought she was finally getting through to him when he fell silent but then she saw an amused look on his face so she got more furious.” What?”



“I believe that was originally my question, pet.” He said as his smirk became more evident.



“Please Spike, if this is some joke to you I’m not-“



“Buffy, why are you so angry at me, luv?”



“I guess… it’s for me to know and for you to find out.”



“I believe I already do, Summers, because it’s so obvious what got your feathers in a bunch.”



“Yeah? Humor me.” She crossed her arms.



“You’re jealous.”



So he IS back together with her. Feeling hurt, Buffy sharply turned away from him. She didn’t want him to see the tear that welled-up in her eyes “ Jealous. Are you nuts?!”


“You are, luv. I just don’t know who you’re jealous of?”



Buffy looked at him in confusion. “Spike –“



“Buffy, are you ok dear?” Kate asked from behind them.



“Yes,” she feigned a smile.” Is something I can help you with?”



“Well actually yes, I do need help but not from you.” Kate approached Spike, bashing an eyelash at him. “ I was wondering if you could help get the mugs from the top shelf.” So I get a closer look of your firm looking ass, She added silently. “Riley is still on the phone and Richard doesn’t want to get on the stool to reach it.”


“Sure Kate.” He answered although his eyes were still on Buffy.


**************

Later that evening, Spike left the Finn’s house with a heavy heart. When he came to Buffy after helping Kate in the kitchen, Riley was already at her side. He blew his chance of telling her what he felt that night so he decided to leave. He looked at her with sad eyes as walked away with his hands in his pocket. He just couldn’t bear the thought of Buffy spending the night with that ponce. He couldn’t.



He knew he shouldn’t give-up. He needed to tell her what he felt. With that last thought, he turned but wished he hadn’t since he just caught them in what seemed to be a heated kiss.



“Bugger.” He grumbled as he resumed to head home.


*********************

Buffy looked at Spike longingly as the bleached blonde started to walk home. “Riley I-“


The rest of her words died as her boyfriend captured her lips in a piercing kiss.


Buffy pulled away. “ It’s getting late. I- I need to go home.”


“Spend the night with me.”



“Riley…”


“Is it because of my parents? I’m sure they won’t mind -.”



“Maybe it’s not such a good idea…”



“Don’t worry. Even if we’re months away from getting married, I will not push you into doing something you’re not obviously ready for.”



“ Riley….”



“Buffy…?”


“I’m not talking about spending the night.”



Riley gave out a deep sigh. “ What are you talking about?”



Spike may never be hers, but she’s crazy if she’ll let herself believe that marrying Riley would make everything better. She knows that now “ I don’t think we should get married.”



“ You what?!!!! Is this because of Captain peroxide? Coz’ God help me if-”


“No…” She sighed. I wish it was, but Spike’s with Dru now. She just had to learn to live with the fact that she and Spike will never be together. All she needed to do was have the courage to finally admit it. ” I just can’t marry you Riley.”



“Honey….You’re just nervous. That’s normal. You’re having pre-wedding jitters. I’m sure you’ll get over it as soon as you talk to my mom cause I’m sure she had them when was getting married to-“



“No.” Buffy told him firmly.



“Buffy…….Are you breaking-up with me?”



“I guess I am.” She looked down. She hated doing this to Riley but she needed to finally do the right thing.



“You can’t do this Buffy…” He told her, his voice breaking.



“I’m sorry …”



Riley walked back and forth restlessly then stopped. “How about this. I’ll give you some space. What do you need? A week? A month? Okay, Let’s cool-off for a month so you could think about it.”



“But-“



Riley took her in his arms and pleaded desperately. “Please baby. .I don’t want to lose you. I love you so much. Please tell me you’re going to think it over.”



To his relief, he felt her nod. “Okay. One week and then I’ll give you my answer.”




TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your reviews. I really enjoyed writing this story ! Thanks to my friend, hotmomma for a wonderful beta.

Hope you enjoyed my latest update. Thanks again!
Truth or Dare (Part One) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
Flashback, Middle of Spring


Eleven year olds Buffy and Spike just got off from their school bus and like any other school day afternoon, the two headed straight for the tire swing that hung below their Tree house.

Although the tire was big enough for the two of them, it had long become a routine for William to get on it first. So he did, then Buffy followed. But not before she twirled it a dozen times prior to jumping on it, laughing as she joined him in a spinning-fest. William hated it of course, but the sight of a carefree and laughing Buffy was enough reason for him to hold his tongue. It wasn’t long ago that he decided he like the sound of her giggle. No particular reason behind it at all. He just knew that he was content whenever she was happy and crappy whenever she was sad.


“I don’t know why you keep doing that. Someday someone’s going home with a broken leg and we’re both gonna be in deep trouble.” William chuckled, as the spinning started to wind down.


“You should try it one time, Will. It’s so much fun!” She smiled at him.


“I spent Thanksgiving at a hospital once.” He mumbled. Somehow he doesn’t like the idea of seeing his best friend suffer the same fate. He got a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach by the mere thought of it.


“Yeah, I remember. I can’t believe you tripped on a pebble and hit your head on the sidewalk.” She said, a loud uncontrollable snicker escaping through her.


“It wasn’t a pebble! It was a big rock! ” He defended.


“No, it wasn’t! It had the size of a marble, clumsy much?”


“It was practically glued on the bleedin’ ground you little miss whiny!”


“I’m not whiny! ” She yelled back.


“Are to! On the way home, you whined about Faith and losing the soccer game the whole time we were on the bus. You’re such a crybaby.”


“And this came from the boy who got scared of his own shadow.”


“ I was wearing my dad’s bloody hat! Who knew that I would look like a freakin’ Freddy Krueger on the wall with somebody’s flashlight behind my back?”


“ Who’s Freddy Krueger?”


“Uh…I have no idea.” He answered, scratching his head.


Buffy rolled her eyes. “ I was the one holding the flashlight, remember? We just got home from trick or treating and you were wearing your Indiana thingy costume.”



“Like your costume was any better little miss red riding hood. Red cape and a basket of cookies- how lame was that?!”



“Stop changing the subject you scaredy-cat!”



“Scaredy-cat? Will you stop calling me that.” He complained.” I was surprised is all! There’s a big difference.”



“Come on Will, you were practically shaking like a leaf that night. Face it! I’m way braver than you! You can’t even get that rose from our neighbor’s backyard when I asked you to.”


“I wasn’t scared. I just knew that it was wrong. “ He explained. “It would be like stealing.”



“Will, It’s a just a rose.”



“A rose that could get me into prison.”



“Whimp!” She yelled on his face.


“Flower stealer!!” He retorted as he got off from the tire swing and climbed up the Tree house


Buffy irritably followed after him. “Chicken!”


“I’m not!”


“Then prove it!”


“I will.”


“Then I dare you to get me that rose.”



****************************

Present Time



After two days of not being able to see nor hear from Buffy, Spike finally called her and asked if he could come over.


“A school project?” Buffy asked at the other end of the line. “Since when did you ever need my help in doing school projects, Spike? It’s usually the other way around.” Why don’t you just ask your ho girlfriend to help you out, that is if she wasn’t busy If she wasn’t busy helping you out with other things. “ Did you hit your head on the way home?”



Spike chuckled. “Seriously Summers, I have a deadline on Friday regarding an essay about ummmm…pigs.”



“Pigs?” Buffy asked him in disbelief. “I don’t have a pig, Spike.”



“Well you got Mr. Gordo, he’s a pig is he not?” Spike grinned. He could practically picture Buffy’s stern look on the other line.



“He’s a stuffed toy.” She answered in an unconvinced tone.



“I’m not gonna tell if you won’t.”



Buffy laughed this time. No matter what she did, she just couldn’t stay angry with him especially when he’s being so charmingly cute and persistent. “ Fine. Just come. I’ve been thinking of going to that sale at Macys this afternoon, but I promised mom that I’ll finish painting my room today. And so I’m pretty much stuck in the house for the rest of the day…unless.”



“Unless what?” Spike asked, worry etched in his voice



“Well I just happened to have an extra paintbrush here with your name on it.”



“All right.” Spike chuckled. “I’ll help you paint your room as long as it’s not pink.”


*****************


A few moments later, Spike and Buffy stood side by side as they try to finish painting the last two walls of her room. They talked practically about everything. Well…not actually everything since both of them had carefully tried to avoid the subject of Dru and what happened at Riley’s so far.


For two days, Buffy had spent a lot of time alone in her room, mostly crying. She cried about her lingering resentment towards her Dad, her impending break up with Riley and losing Spike to Dru. It bothers her so much to know that in spite that all that has happened, his arms were the only ones she longed to be held with.


“ Damn it!” Spike swore as a smudge of paint had managed to get on his black shirt.



“You should’ve brought an extra shirt.” She told him worriedly as she turned to look into one of her drawers.” Let’s see if I could find one of yours here.”



A few minutes had already passed and Buffy was still looking. “I could’ve sworn I had it here somewhere.”



Impatiently, Spike spoke up. “I have a better idea.”



Buffy finally quit looking and as she turned back at Spike, her jaw fell as she caught him just in time clutching the edge of his shirt. She swallowed hard as she watched the thin material uncover hard, toned muscles, little by little. Spike was definitely better off without the shirt…or the rest of-



Buffy turned away as soon as she realized that she’d been staring. Damn it Summers! There will definitely be no getting over of the bleached blonde if you couldn’t stop yourself from ogling.



Spike returned to his task, completely oblivious to what his state of undress was doing to her.
Though he looked occupied with his work, his mind was actually working overtime trying to figure out how he could convince Buffy to break the engagement with the poof.


“Spike, why are you here?” Buffy broke through the awkward silence between them. “ And don’t say pig again because not even a five year old would find that convincing.”


“I’m here to help you paint, luv. “ He told her lamely.


“Spike.” She said in a warning tone.


Spike heaved a sigh. “Fine. You want to know the truth. I’ll tell you the truth. “ Without looking at her, he continued. “I just wanted… to see you. Just wanna see what’s been keeping you busy because we haven’t seen each other much lately. ”


Buffy’s heart did a flip-flop upon hearing those words. “Oh.”


“You know what? I hate this…this awkwardness between us.” He told her seriously.” Let’s get things out in the open. We’re best friends so we shouldn’t keep things from one other.”


Best Friends. Buffy looked at him thoughtfully before she replied. “You’re right. “


“I’m glad you agree.” His eyes twinkled.


“Okay, I’ll start.” She looked at him awkwardly.” I just….I don’t know where to begin.”


“I hear ya. It’s starting to feel like we’re in a freaking soap opera or something.” He giddily approached her.


She met his eyes. Time seemed to have stood still as he moved an offending strand from her face and tucked it behind her ear. So Beautiful. “How about we make it more interesting. We could play a game of truth or dare.”


Her eyes went wide. “Are you kidding me? That stuff is sooo high school.”


“You’re right.” Spike hid a knowing smile. “ It’s probably a bit too much for you. Can’t really force you to do something you’re afraid of doing.”



“I’m not afraid of anything!” She replied defensively.



“Of course you’re not.” He mocked.



“It’s true.” She told him with less conviction.



“If you say so.”



“Grrrr. All right I’ll play your stupid game! As long as I’m first.”



“Okay.” He half smiled. This is going to be really good. “Truth.”



“Are you back together with Dru?” She asked softly.



He smiled inwardly. So that’s who she was jealous about?! But that doesn’t make any sense since they are no longer together. He couldn’t figure out where she was getting this ridiculous notion. Spike made a mental note of asking about it later. ” No.”



“But-“



“My turn now, luv.” He winked at her.



“All right –truth”



“Do you really love Riley?”




“Are you for real? Of course I do. I was freakin’ engaged to him, wasn’t I?”



“Was only asking, pet. Don’t get your knickers in a twist.”



“My turn.” She said, calming herself. “ What-“



“Hold on! “ He raised his hand to motion her to stop talking. “Did I just hear you say- was freaking engaged? Does that mean you and Finn are no longer together?”



”Hey! Wasn’t it my turn to ask a question?”



“All right, ask away. “ Spike said impatiently as he tried to hide the building excitement within him.


“Would it matter if I wasn’t anymore?”


“Yes.” His deep tone brought shivers to her spine.” You know how much I despise the poof, Summers.”


She nodded her understanding. “ We’re on a break.”


“You are?” He cocked an eyebrow.


“For a week.”


Spike removed himself from what he was doing and faced her.“ I know it’s not my turn to ask, but why?”


She looked down at her feet, avoiding the intensity of his gaze. She couldn’t stand to be near him and yet not able to touch him. “It’s complicated. I don’t really want to talk about it. At least not yet.“



His heart secretly rejoiced, knowing that there’s a big possibility that Buffy won’t marry the poof after all. Spike tried to hide the excitement in his voice as he went back to painting. “Okay, it’s your turn to ask, luv, but this time I want a dare.”




“Dare you say?” She took a moment to think. “Well how about this. I dare you to share one of your deepest secret with me?”



Spike blinked. “ That would be cheating, luv. And who said that I have a deep secret in the first place?”



“Come on, Spike. Everyone has a deep secret.”



“Even you? “



“Yes.” She said, as she cleared her throat.



“Okay…” Now’s the time to tell her. “Buffy…”



“ Spike?” Her eyes looked up to him eagerly.



“Well…uh…you see…” He paused, his heart pounding in his ears. “ I haven’t quite been completely honest with you for some time now. “



He carefully gauged her reaction as he went on, ““I hope in time you’ll forgive me though. Because I’m not sure how you’re going to take it.”



“I think I know what it is…” She told him softly.




“You do?” he asked.



She nodded. “ I don’t know the whole gist but think it has something to do with Glory O’Connor, right?”


“ Huh!…I mean yeah! “ He awkwardly bobbed his head in agreement. That secret was bound to be out in the open anyway. So one secret down….” You caught me, luv, but how did you figure-”



“You were acting kinda strange the moment you saw her.” She explained. “ So I figured you probably knew her way before that day. The reason why you denied it is the part that I don’t understand….she’s not some sort of a sugar mommy, is she?”


“Bloody hell! Of course she’s not.”


“I’m sorry, but I noticed lately that you seem to be a mom magnet.”


Spike gave her a stern look.


“Who is she to you then?”



“She and I are related.” He blurted out.



“What?!.“ Her eyes went big as headlights. “What do you mean, you’re related?”



Bloody Hell! “She’s sort of my….grandma .” He repeated.



Spike braced himself with the expected bashing but heard nothing.” Buffy?.”



“She’s Jenny’s mom. “ It wasn’t a question. She had easily assumed she must’ve been Jenny’s estranged mother since she doesn’t sound a bit British. Buffy didn’t try to hide the disappointment and hurt in her face.



Spike ached to comfort her. “ I know you’re upset that I haven’t told you about this for so long but please hear me out. I didn’t know who she was until she started calling me William. “



“But you knew you about her and didn’t tell me.” She went and sat on the edge of her bed for support, her face looking gloomy.



“Oh pet…” In a flash, he was sitting right next to her. “The reason why I didn’t tell you about her was because I felt that there was no point of telling anyone in the first place. I don’t want her fortune and I don’t want to have anything to do with the life she has. I’m happy with just the way I am.”



“I could understand where you’re coming from, Spike.” She told him softly. “ I just hope you had trusted me enough to share that part of your life with me. I thought I was your best friend.”



“You are.” …and more. His hand went to caress the side of her cheek. He couldn’t stand to see her looking so hurt and vulnerable. “I’m sorry.”



She would’ve had him leave and be angry with him, but knowing that she’d been guilty of the same thing- lying, she immediately gave in and granted him a firm hug.



“I forgive you.” He heard her say, the warm breath on his neck caused him to gasp.

“Thank you.”



Buffy slowly withdrew from him and went back to painting the walls.



“You’re incredible, you know that.” He grinned.



The petite blonde threw her a teasing grin. “You’re finding that out, just now?”




His heart skipped a beat. Is she flirting with me? “How about you?”



“What about me?”



“What’s your secret, Summers?” Spike told her.




“I don’t have a secret Spike.”



“Too late, luv. Coz you already admitted to having one a minute ago. Come on. I shared mine, so it’s only fair that you share yours too.”



“Okay…I’ll tell you.”


“Yes?”


“I snore.”



“What?!!! That’s so lame!” He barked exasperatedly.



“What do you mean lame!? Snoring. That happens to be a laugh-worthy info so I kept it a secret.”



“Will you quit fooling around? I happen to know that you don’t bloody snore.” Spike told her without thinking.



“I do.” She doesn’t. “What made you so sure that I don’t?”



Because I’ve already spent so many nights watching you sleep and you definitely do not snore. “ I just know. ”



“ I don’t wanna play this stupid game anymore.” She grumbled, facing away from him. She so desperately wanted to tell him…about how she feels…But he loves Dru and he only thinks of her as a friend.



“That’s not fair, luv.”




“Fine.” She grumbled, folding her arms to her chest. “I’ll tell you my secret.”



“Good. Now out with it.”



“Spike, I…..”



“Buffy?”



“I…….” She gathered up her courage and blurted out.” I’ve already seen you naked!” Oh God! What did I just say?




TBC


A/N: Thanks to all who have reviewed on my last chapter. You guys are really awesome!

Thanks to hotmomma for a wonderful beta!

To those who might’ve been confused as to what Buffy was talking about at the very end of this chapter, you may wantto refresh your memory by reading Chapter 12.
Truth or Dare (Part two) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
To those who might be confused with chapter, you may have to re-read chapter 12.
Flashback




“Then prove it!”


“I will.”


“Then I dare you to get me that rose.”



“Fine!”



William followed where her finger had pointed and saw the single tiny red rose from their neighbor’s backyard. It was so tiny, the only one that had already bloomed among the rest of the flowers. The rose bed was actually hidden behind the fence, but the tree house was high enough to see everything. From up there, they could see as far as the next two blocks.



William started to climb down. “What’s so special about that rose anyway?”



“Nothing.” She answered quickly. “ I just wanna see if you have the guts to do it, Will-yum!.”



“Piece of cake!” He yelled after her as he started to go over the fence.



“Will, be careful! You’re about to fall on that bucket of water!”



Spike turned to her. I don’t freakin’ see any bucket…“Huh? What bucket of water?”



Buffy cringed and closed her eyes at the sound of something crashing and splashing. “That bucket of water.”



“I’m okay.”


Buffy sighed in relief.



William looked at his soaked pant leg and whimpered. “All this for a bloody rose!”



He let his eyes wander. They immediately brightened when he saw that the rose Buffy wanted was now only a few steps away. He quickly picked it and turned. As he did that, his eyes went wide at the sight of a pretty girl with brunette hair standing right in front of him.



“My, my…Miss Edith was right. “ The girl said, motioning to the doll she held tightly with her arm. “She told me that a prince would come out of his castle and play. She was right.”



“Uh…hi! “ William paled at the thought of being caught. “ I’m William. You must be our new neighbor.”



“My name is Drusilla. What do you got there in your hand, William?”



“Oh!” William foolishly showed her the rose in his hand, “ I picked this …for you.”



End of Flashback



****************





“I… I’ve already seen you naked.” Oh God! What did I just say?



Spike blinked. So not the truth he was hoping for, but he could surely work with this one. “You mean when we were kids. I remember taking showers with you when we were….” His voice trailed as he saw Buffy looked down, her face turning into a deep shade of red.



“Oh. “ Spike’s eyes had widened in realization.



“Yeah.“ She answered timidly.


“ I didn’t know you were a peeping tom, Summers. “ he sneered, trying to appear unaffected by her revelation. His trademark smirk was visible as he went on,. “ If I had known you were that curious, I could’ve bloody shown you. All you had to do was ask.”



“Ewww! “ Buffy’s nose cringed in disgust. “As if! I wasn’t peeping on you, Spike. It was more like an accident when it happened.”



“Oh, really now? Could you tell me when and how did this so-called accident happen?” He cocked an eyebrow.



“I forgot.” That information would give away too much, particularly the part where I witnessed him play with himself.




“Summers.” He warned.



“You know what, I just remembered that I have to meet Willow at her dorm.”



“Not so fast.” He told her, grabbing her wrist.



“What the hell are you doing? I’m not gonna tell if I don’t want to.” She told him angrily.




Spike was thoughtful before he agreed and let go of her. “You’re right. I can’t force you, but…”



“There’s a but?” Buffy’s heart raced even more at the sight of Spike’s mischievous grin. “You’re grinning. Stop that. You’re obviously up to no good.”



“You owe me Buffy.”



“What do you mean I owe you?”



“You do remember about that little promise you made. I asked you before what I’ll get in return from pretending to be your fiancé?”



Buffy gulped. “Huh?”



“You told me that you’ll do anything.”




“Oh that. Okay. Tell you what. I’ll wash your dishes for the entire week.”




Spike laughed. “Sounds tempting but no. “



“Then what do you want me to do?” Buffy asked him, a little shocked with herself that it came out more like an invitation.




Such a loaded question, “What I want from you… “ Spike was thoughtful a moment before an idea popped into his head. He believed that would somehow force the information out of her. “… is to play fair with me, Buffy.”



“Fair meaning?”



“Well since you saw me in my birthday suit, It’s only fair that I…” His voice trailed while his eyes gave her body a once over. Judging from the mortified look he received from Buffy, he’s about 99 % sure now that it would make her cave in.



“What?!!!” She yelled, her eyes incredulous. “I’m not gonna strip in front of you.”



“Well then, just tell me how you saw my manly bits and I won’t ask you to do that for me anymore.”



“I … I can’t.” She shook her head vigorously. “ Does it even matter? That was a long, long time ago.”




“Then I’m afraid you have to lose the clothes. “ He told her, a hint of desperation in his voice.




“You’re a pig, you know that?”



“Come on Buffy. We made a deal. Tell you what. I’ll be lenient and just let you strip from the waist up.”




“Absolutely not. You can’t possibly think that I would show you my...boobs.”




“Well it’s either the truth or the tits.” He waggled his eyebrows at her.” So tell me, which one is it going to be?”




Let’s see. Do I tell him the truth and embarrass myself or do I just strip and suffer equal amount of humiliation? Her eyes came to rest on him. Damn! They way he was leaning against the wall, with arms crossed over his naked chest made him look a lot more sexier. It is sooo distracting. “ All right.” She heaved a sigh.



“All right what?” Spike asked, trying to mask the eagerness in his voice.



“Tits it is.”



“Good. Now tell me when did you-. Wait! Did you just tell me what I think you just told me?” He’s so totally not expecting this from Buffy. I just can’t let her do something she doesn’t want to do.



“Yes.” She answered timidly. ” But it’ll be quick, okay. Now where do I stand?” The sooner she does this, the sooner it’ll be over.



“Where you are now (gulps) i- is fine.” Was that his voice? Spike grabbed a chair, not really sure his legs could support him now that he learned that Buffy was about to fulfill his fantasy no. 42



Buffy’s heart was pounding so loud in her ears that she felt like fainting. Just try to stay calm , Summers, she told herself as she UNPOPPED the first button. No biggie. It shouldn’t be a big deal since he’s your best friend. POP! You very drool-worthy best friend… POP! Her head slowly lifted to see him watching her carefully. POP!



Seeing the passive look on his face, she was beginning to think that her strip tease was having no effect on him until her eyes gradually drifted south and saw his tented crotch. Buffy smiled inwardly as her confidence began to build up.



Finally, she discarded her blouse and threw it backwards.



Spike shifted uncomfortably as the object of his countless wet dreams now stood before him clad only in jeans and a black bra that offered minimal coverage. His mind drifted back to the time that he saw her nearly topless with her shirt soaked through. That was four years ago when her body just got past the puberty stage. If he had found her very attractive then, it certainly doesn’t compare to the woman who’s now standing magnificently before him. Not only that her cup size had obviously grown, her abdomen revealed perfectly toned abs that Spike was now itching to touch with his bare hands. “Wow.” He whispered thoughtlessly.



Buffy’s cheeks colored. “Thanks. I work out.”



Spike chuckled nervously. “Well, I could see that.” Then his smile soon faded as her hands went to lower her straps. A muffled groan escaped his lips and he felt of his manhood painfully strained against his jeans the minute her hands disappeared behind her back.




What am I doing? This is Buffy you git. The love of your life. You shouldn’t take advantage of her like that when you know fully well that you’re not being honest with her yourself.



Buffy was about to let go the only piece of garment that was covering her breasts when Spike suddenly spoke up. “ Wait! I can’t do this.”, he told her as he grabbed the blouse on the floor and handed it back to her.



“Get dressed and just forget about what you owe me. Don’t worry, I won’t pry any more information from you from now on,” He added as he turned his back to give her the privacy she needed.



Buffy feigned her sigh of relief. She wondered what made him change his mind all of a sudden.



“Thanks.”



“No problem.”



“You can turn around now.” She told him after several minutes.




Spike timidly turned, carefully avoiding her eyes. “I think we’d better finish painting your room if you want to get out of the house while the sun is still up.”




“You don’t have to stay cooped up here with me you know. I could finish this myself.” She was so sure that Spike seemed interested. Maybe she thought wrong.




“Pff!” He dismissed her suggestion.” I told you I’m going to help you finish it, so I will. And besides, I’m almost done.”




Several minutes of uncomfortable silence had passed until Buffy finally spoke. “We were sixteen, I think.”




“What?”



“You asked me when I saw you…you know. “



Spike looked at her seriously.” But how did you-. I don’t recall myself parading outdoors with nothing on. Unless you came into my room and peeked without my knowledge.”



At Buffy’s guilty look, a grin began to form in his lips. “No, don’t you dare accuse me being a peeping tom again because I’m not. It was totally a nightmare. I’ve never felt so embarrassed…you went out of the bathroom and then my cell phone rang-“ She stopped, her hand coming to cover her mouth in shock. She can’t believe that she had revealed too much.



Spike’s eyes widened as the memory of the cell phone ringing hit him full force. Bloody Hell! She actually saw me- “Where were you when this happened?”



“In the closet.” She answered foolishly. “If you must know, I wasn’t looking the entire time you were …busy. ” She lied.




Spike returned to his task, not liking the fact that finding out her secret was turning him on once again. “So you heard me…”




“Shout out Dru’s name? Nope, fortunately, I didn’t with the sudden ringing and all.”




Spike turned to her in wonderment. “What made you think I was thinking about Dru when I was wanking?”




“Come on, Spike. I knew you had this huge crush on her even back then.” She told him, hoping that he hadn’t detected the hint of disappointment in her voice. “And I knew then just how much you were crazy about her. So I figured that it’s only natural for you to have her as the subject of your… sexual fantasies.” Buffy looked-up at him and noticed that he looked more like struggling with something. Something she obviously had no clue about.



“I’m done.” Spike told her, avoiding eyes. Truth was, after learning about what happened with her and Riley all he could think about was making a move and kissing her senseless. He wanted to tell her how he feels but he didn’t want to scare her either by being too aggressive. No. What he needed to do is to take it slow. From what she just told her, he has at least five days to woo her. He knows how Buffy loves romantic stuff so he could start by sending her a box of chocolates and some roses.




Spike nodded to himself, convinced that he like the plan he had in mind. But for now, he has to get away from her as soon as possible. The thought of Buffy witnessing him play with himself was creating delicious tingles in some parts of his anatomy. The feeling of urgency to touch her was growing by the minute.




“You need help with that?” he offered. The sooner they finish, the sooner he could leave.



“I’m just about done here as well, Spike. So you can head out now if you want to.” She told him, forcing a smile. She was hurt at the moment, knowing Spike seemed to be in a much hurry to get away from her. He probably felt uncomfortable about the voyeurism thing. She gazed up at him worriedly and hoped that she didn’t ruin their friendship with that tiny revelation.



“Are you sure?”



She nodded before she stood up and suddenly remembered something. “Before you go let me grab something for you to eat at your dorm.”



Spike followed her towards the kitchen. “ Buffy you don’t have to-”



“Mom baked our favorite cake again last night and she strictly insisted I give half of it to you today.” Buffy opened the fridge and handed him the foil wrapped cake. As he took it from her, his finger accidentally came in contact with her hand that shockingly sent delicious tingles to both of their bodies.



Quickly, Spike pulled his hand away, like he’d been electrified.



“ T-thanks. “ Spike stuttered.



Buffy turned and pretended to be looking for something in the fridge.” See you later, Spike.”



“Right...Later.” She heard him say.



At the sound of the door closing behind her, she silently cursed herself for loving him so much. Needing him so much. She let out a sigh before muttering in frustration,” Gah! Why do I have to want him sooo bad!”



With sadness in her eyes, she closed the fridge and slowly turned to find Spike still standing by the door. Dear me.



His eyes now had changed into darkened pools. What he had heard was clear enough to send him over the edge.



He didn’t give her a chance to react as he closed the gap between them with ground-eating steps. The foiled cake was immediately forgotten and fell on the floor. He quickly grabbed her hands, held them over her head, and pinned her against the fridge door with his body before he smashed her lips with his. Buffy, Buffy….



Buffy immediately returned his kiss with equal fervor and soon their tongues were battling for dominance. She moaned, feeling his hands slowly let go of her hands so that it could slip under her blouse to caress her toned stomach before he reluctantly withdrew from their kiss.



Panting, he leaned his head against hers. “ I want you.”




“I know.” She whispered huskily, looking down between their bodies to show him what she had meant. Spike emphasized her point by pushing the hard part of his body against her jean-clad center, making Buffy gasp.



Slowly his hand went up to the nape of her neck to trail down to the middle of her chest, stopping only when it landed on the top button of her blouse. He looked into her eyes and was satisfied to see the burning lust reflected on both of them.



“Spike what are you doing?” She asked breathily.



He popped the first button open. “Doing what I’ve been wanting to do to you since …” he paused. …Forever. “…you did that strip tease for me, Summers.” Pop goes the next button. Her chest rose up and down through heavy pants.




“Spike I-“



The rest of her words drowned as he silenced her with another searing kiss. He proceeded to unpop the rest of her buttons and then finally removed the offending garment away from skin.



Reluctantly, he withdrew from the kiss to look at her before he lowered the straps and began to kiss the soft skin on her shoulder. As his hands struggled on whether or not he should continue with his next move, Buffy took the initiative placed his hand on the clasp of her bra on her back.



He looked at her fleetingly, shocked at her boldness before he finally unsnapped and removed it out of the way. Just like what Spike had expected and imagined a hundred of times, Buffy got a sudden case of shyness and placed her hands to cover herself. Spike slowly removed them.


“I want to see you, Buffy.” He told huskily as moved her hands to her sides.



The way Spike looked hungrily at her breasts made her nipples harden in response.



“You’re so beautiful.” He told her in such a deep sexy voice that only made her want him even more.



Slowly his hand reached out to touch the side of one of her ample breasts, carefully avoiding the part where she’d been aching to be touched. “Spike...” She groaned in frustration.



The bleached blonde tried all his might to control himself as the sound of her mewls had begun to become too much for him.



Finally, his finger went to flick one nipple.


“Ohhhh!” Buffy moaned as she looked into his eyes and found him staring at her with so much intensity. His fingers trembled as he used his palm to touch her and played with her taut peaks in a circular motion.



Spike gave out another groan as lips came down to kiss her once more. Instinctively, Buffy wrapped her legs around HIS her waist when Spike lifted up her bottom. He rolled his eyes and gasped out loud as she daringly pressed against his growing hardness.


Without pulling away from their kiss, he carried her over to the kitchen counter, and used his arm to send some of its stuff flying to the floor.


Buffy’s arms came around his neck as he spread her over the counter. With their breath coming in short pants, his body desperately came to hover above hers.



Spike chuckled as moans of protest escaped from her lips as a result of him withdrawing from their kiss. But her uncertainties were soon alleviated as soon as she felt his lips trailed kisses all over her neck, to her collarbone and down to the top of her breasts.



“Oh God!” Buffy gasped and threw her neck backwards as he felt his lips enclosed one pert nipple. Her trembling fingers went around to entangle itself at the mass of curls at the back of his head to hold him in place. “ More….”



Spike went back up to her lips and delved deeper. He pulled her lower body close to him so that it would somehow ease growing discomfort in his pants.” Buffy…”



His low sensual voice sent delightful shocks through her spine. “Yes.”



“When you… “ He whispered between pants.” When you saw me ….lying on my bed doing my thing. Tell me , what sort of things came into your mind?”



“I can’t…..”



“I won’t tell anyone, pet.” The desperation in his voice caused delicious tingles to her spine.



Smiling mischievously, she added, “I said can’t. But…”



Leaning forward, she whispered something in his ear that caused Spike to give out a sharp intake of breath and close his eyes fleetingly. He couldn’t believe he almost came from hearing Buffy’s tiny revelation. He trembled with anticipation as her fingers slowly wandered downwards, coming to rest on his taut abdomen before she started to unbutton his jeans.



Spike’s jaw began to clench and unclench. Buffy’s hand had already moved towards his zipper. She was about to pull it down when the sound of the doorbell suddenly penetrated through their dazed senses.




TBC



A/N : This is the longest chap that I’ve ever written so far. I hope you enjoyed reading it!


Thanks to all my readers and to all who have reviewed on my last chapter. Also I would like to thank my good friend, Hotmomma MB for a wonderful beta.


For those who do not know yet, I have a new fic which is titled “Love Me”. Please try to check it out and when you do, kindly leave note to let me know if you enjoyed itI Thanks!
Accepting Fate by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
“Don’t answer it.” Spike told her in desperation as he rained showers of kisses upon her neck.


“Could be mom.” She told him breathily.


“You said… she wouldn’t be back until next week.” He managed to say between pants.


His hand came to fondle one of her breasts again, making her moan in ecstasy.


“Maybe…she changed… her mind.” Her hands, which seemed to move on their own accord, settled on his abs, caressing and playfully scratching his hard toned lines.


The groan that came from his mouth was the sexiest sound she’d ever heard. She wanted to hear it again.



“If that was your mom, wouldn’t she be using her own key?” He managed to reason out of his fogged mind.



“You’re right.”


“So let’s just ignore it.” He coaxed her, kissing her earlobe. “Hopefully whoever it is will just leave.”



“No…We shouldn’t …even be doing this. We can’t… We have to stop.“ Buffy told him weakly. If only her mind was coordinating with the rest of her body.



“Buffy please…”He pleaded desperately. ”I don’t think I can stop. I’ve never been this ha- Oh Fuck!” He cursed when he felt her fingers enclosed him flesh to flesh. He moaned loudly and his eyes rolled up in their sockets as she began to thrust her hand down his length in an excruciatingly slow pace.



She watched him in amazement as a womanly pride surged through her. In all those years that they’ve spent together as friends, she never once thought that she could ever have such power to make him moan helplessly and writhe with need.



“Damn!” She cried out in frustration as the annoying doorbell went again. “I really have to get it.”


“Double that for me.” He said in strangled voice. As he watched her withdraw her hand from his cock, He looked like a starved man being denied of his meal. “You are going to be the death of me, Summers.”


“I’m sorry.” She gave him a brief kiss on the lips as she buttoned up her shirt again. “Why don’t you just go up to my bathroom and umm… do that thing that you do.”


Spike gave her a pained expression. “Bugger.”



**************************


A few minutes later, Spike finally came out of the bathroom and went downstairs wearing an old shirt of his that he’d managed to find inside one of Buffy’s drawers. A mischievous grin formed on his lips when he realized that it was the same drawer that she’d been rummaging through earlier.


Although the desire to taunt her had been overwhelming, he completely disregarded it and reminded himself that he had plenty of time to play the game of 20 questions later. They’d just crossed the line where there was no turning back. Now that he’s in her system, there’s no way he’s going to leave the house without getting what he wants.


Buffy was waiting for him by the end of the stairs, looking at him nervously.


Spike gave out at the sight of her. “So who’s your mystery guest, pet?”


“Actually, they’re not my mystery guests.”


“Good evening, William.” A voice greeted him as he reached the bottom of the stairs.


“Grams?”


A separate figure stood up behind the reclining chair.



“And dad?” He cocked a suspicious eyebrow. “What’s going on?”



“We’re so sorry to drop in on you like this.” The old lady said as she stood-up from the couch. “We tried your house first but apparently you weren’t there, so we tried your girlfriend’s.”


Spike looked at his dad, who now seemed to be keen on making sure that every part of his eyeglasses was clean.



“Oh, we’re not…Spike is not my-“ She paused and looked at Spike awkwardly. “Actually, I need to finish that …school project we’ve been working on. Yeah, that’s what I need to um do... I’ll leave you guys alone now.”



Buffy bolted upstairs to her bedroom.



“Excuse me for a minute.” Spike told them before he ran after Buffy.



“We need to talk.”



“We do,” She agreed, her hand coming up to touch the side of his cheek.


Spike rested his head on her forehead. . “God, you feel soooo…good.” Need you so bad. He pulled her close and attacked her lips once again. He wanted the kiss to go on and on, but the lack of air soon prompted him to stop. And yeah, there’s also the fact that he has guests waiting for him downstairs. “Are you planning to leave soon and meet up with Willow?”



Buffy nodded. “But I’ll be back within an hour.”



“That’s good then.” He said, smiling from ear to ear.



“I can’t believe what just happened. It’s like there’s this whole other part of me that I could not control.” Buffy confessed.



“I know.” Spike nodded before he held both of her hands and brought it to his lips. ”Can I spend a night, pet?”



Buffy’s heart almost stopped upon hearing his words. Maybe she’d mistaken his actual intentions for nothing less than a friendly sleepover.



“Sure. I-I could sure use a company.” She said turning away to mask the look of anticipation on her face.



“No. That’s not what I meant.”



“No?” Her breath hitched in her throat.


Spike turned her around to face him. “Buffy I’m asking if… I could spend a night with you?” He repeated but this time with a low sensual tone.



She stared up at him and saw that his eyes had darkened once again. “Spike.” She started.



“Please, luv. Will you let me?” He asked anxiously.



Buffy’s heart pounded so loudly. She could swear that its erratic beating can be heard throughout the entire room.


She knew all to well that it was Spike’s own libido that has been dictating his actions all along. They were all aftereffects of having to pretend to be his fiancé for one day and nothing more. It would dangerous for her to think that he was finally falling in love her. No, she should have none of that. As far as she knows, Spike is still very much in love with Dru and…wait! Didn’t they just get back together?


“But what about Dru?”


Spike looked at her in confusion.” What about her?”


“Aren’t you guys back together?”



Spike gave her an amused grin. So that’s what the jealousy was all about. She thought I that I got back with Dru. He couldn’t resist his smirk from spreading across his lips. “You thought I got back together with Dru?”



“Didn’t you?”



“Buffy,” He chucked. “I never got back with her. What on earth made you think that I did?“


“I…I-“



“William!”, shouted Giles’ impatient voice.



“Be right there, Dad!” He replied then looked at Buffy.” I have to go downstairs. But we’ll talk later, okay?” He gave her quick kiss before he marched down the stairs.







************

“What do you want, grams?” He asked.” And Dad, what are you doing here? Didn’t you just tell me you’ll be sleeping the day away since you just got back from England?”



“Well, erm…your Grandmother came by this morning looking for you. I believe she has something important to tell you.”



“Does this have anything to do with me being the only heir and all that rot? I already told Grandma. And I aslo seem to recall having a conversation with you that I don’t want to have anything to do with-“



“William, “ His father interrupted. “Can’t you at least listen to what she has to say?”



“Okay now you’re scaring me.” Spike asked worriedly.



“Come and sit with me, dear.” Glory called on to him.


Spike did what he was told.



“I know you’ve turned me down when I asked you before, but I just have to try again before I return to Paris tomorrow. “ She told him. “Look at me, William. I’m retiring very soon. I just turned 74 years old and the only family I know doesn’t even want to have anything to do with me.”



Spike noted the bitterness in her voice and felt sorry for her. “Oh grams. It’s not you. I swear. My decision has nothing to do with you. “


“William dear, we need somebody to take over what your grandfather and I have started.”



Spike looked her sincerely.” But Grams, I don’t want to disappoint you. I’m still in college. I’ve been dreaming of becoming an editor since forever. As for being co-owner of your chain of hotels, I don’t think I could ever handle something that big.”


“You’ll have Gunn and your father helping you. Also, I’m pretty sure that you’ll have friends who will be more than happy to support you. I’m not asking you to turn away from your dreams. In fact, I’m not asking you to take full ownership of my company until your graduation next year. I’m just asking you to embrace who you really are. It is your destiny, William. So I’m asking you again. Are you willing to accept what fate has in store for you? ”




*********
Flashback ( continuation of flashback on chapter 25)


“How long have you worked here, Mr. Gunn?” Glory asked him when he took her to his office.


Gunn carefully carried her over one of the chairs. ”My friends and family call me Gunn. Mr. Gunn was my good- for- nothing dad…Do you mind if I take a look at your foot, Mrs..”


She shook her head, wincing as Gunn lifted it up to take a closer look. “Name is Glory Connor, but you haven’t answered my question.”


“Long enough.” Was his curt answer before he added, “We need to get you to your doctor.”


“I’ll set the appointment tomorrow. What I need right now is to get what I came here for.”


“You didn’t come here all by yourself, did you?”


“I was with my chauffer. We’ve been searching for someone and we’ve been told you’re the one to talk to.”


Glory regarded the small office and it briefly reminded her of the same office she used to work for in small nightclub in Vegas. The place looked similar, if it weren’t for the pictures of smiling kids and volunteers that covered most of the walls. She felt her eyes get teary over the fact that the last time she’d seen her smiling that wide was when she was 8 years old---- when she and her husband were still not too busy to attend her piano recital.


She wondered if it was possible to see her again? Smiling at her? Glory briefly closed her eyes to erase the image of her crying her heart out the night before she’d left their home for good.


“Let me guess. You got too excited when you realized you got a good lead on this person you were looking for. They mentioned I live around the corner, so you’ve decided to leave your chauffer and just walk along the alley all by yourself.”



“Never thought there was an alley, but yeah.”



“That wasn’t very smart.”



“Yeah, my left foot couldn’t agree with you more.” Glory chuckled.



“So who is it? Who are you looking for?”



As Glory continued to let gaze wander, her eyes came upon a familiar looking face in one of the pictures on the wall. Her face brightened as she realized that she did after all came to right place. “Jenny.”




TBC



A/N: Special thanks to my awesome beta, Hotmomma MB! You rock girl!

This story has been nominated at the LOST IN SPIKE AWARDS! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thanks for all the reviews! Thanks for all the support! Luv ya all!
Behind Blue Eyes- Part One by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my wonderful beta, hotmomma MB!
“So does that mean you and Spike are together now?” Willow chirped happily a few moments after Buffy arrived at the Bronze and summed up the reason why she got delayed.


“That’s the thing.” Buffy told her with a big smile on her face. “I have no idea.”


“I have to tell you though that your news kind of took me by surprise since you just told me that Spike just got back with Dru.”



“He said he didn’t. Do you think he’s telling the truth?”


“He told you that himself?”


Buffy nodded. “Yeah.”


“Why would he lie?”



“Because he’s a guy and some guys tend to have two girlfriends at the same time?”


Willow took a big gulp from her drink and shook her head. “Buffy, in the years you have known Spike, is he the type who would actually do that? Besides, I don’t think he would ever do anything that would deliberately hurt you.”


“You’re right.” Buffy said, the smile returning to her face.



“So Riley’s finally out of the picture?”



“Totally.” Buffy replied. ”I’m not rushing things, am I? Do I need to reflect on this a bit more?”


“Are you kidding me?!? You’re doing the right thing Buffy. I’ve been waiting for you to wake-up and smell the hotness that is Spike since…forever! I’m behind you one hundred percent.”



“I know I’ll probably hurt Riley by breaking up with him, but it’s for the best. Even if Spike and I don't work out.”



“What made you think that it’s not going to work out?”



“I’m just not sure how it went with him and Dru. What if he was still in love with her and was trying to get back with her the day I saw them? What if Dru turned him down and he just came to me on a rebound? What if-”



“You have a lot of unnecessary ‘What ifs’. What you need is to chill and talk to him. Clear things out with him first so that you can start on the right foot. You have to tell him the truth about how you felt about him.”



“That I never got over him? “


“Yeah. ” Willow blinked as she saw Buffy rose-up from her seat. “Wait, are you leaving?”


“Uhuh.”


“But I thought we’re gonna watch Teddy Gieger (Geiger?) together? You do remember that he’ll be performing here at the Bronze tonight?”



“Say hi to him for me.” Buffy was about to go when Xander suddenly appeared out of nowhere and blocked her way.




“What’s the hurry, Buff?”



“She has a date.” Willow explained.



“Really? But you just got here! Seriously, why couldn’t you just hang out here with Riley? I mean I have severe bonding issues towards the guy on the account that he never uttered a single word to me, but I think I can breathe in the same room he’s in, as long as you’re here.” He rambled on.



“Xander calm down.” Willow chuckled. “She’s not meeting-up with Riley.”


“But I thought you said-“


“I’m meeting up with Spike.” Buffy told him finally.



Xander looked between the two.” Huh?! What?! Huh!?!”



“You said –huh already.” Buffy looked at Xander sternly.



“You mean Spike and Buffy are finally gonna get groiny with each other!?!” Anya spoke excitedly from behind. She cringed as she was met by three sets of accusing eyes. “What, what did I say?”



Xander shook his head at her and turned towards Buffy. “This is great news! Where is Spike by the way?”



“At my house.” Buffy replied. “Something came up.”



“Well tell him to call me as soon as you’re done with…whatever you guys have planned tonight.” Xander told her in a knowing grin.


“I will.” Buffy giggled.


“Wow, after all these years Spike finally had the guts to tell you that he’s been head over heels in love with you all this time! I, for one, am so glad that it’s finally out.” Xander laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. “Come to think of it, he was acting pretty strange this morning when I bumped into him. I should’ve known that he was up to something. ”


Buffy’s heart almost stopped at what Xander just told her. Suddenly, all vestige of color left her entire face. “I-I’m sorry, can you please repeat what you just said?”


Xander looked at Buffy worriedly. Clearing his throat he repeated, ”He was acting strange this morning when I-“


“No, not that part.”



Xander’s eyes widened.



“You mean the part where Xander mentioned that Spike’s been in love with you all this time?” Willow asked.


“You knew about this, too?” Buffy asked Willow.



“No, Buffy.” Willow told her quickly.” I’m just surprised as you are. Note that my eyes haven’t even shrunk to its normal size up to now.”



“You shouldn’t have said anything.” Anya accused Xander.


“Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious.” He answered sarcastically.


“And you keep telling me that I have a big mouth and that I talk before I think.” Anya scoffed.


“Guys, shut up! Buffy already left.” Willow informed them.


“She did?” Anya asked worriedly.


“I’ve never seen her look so angry.” Willow stated.” Last time I saw that same fire in her eyes was when her Dad left her.”


“I don’t see what the big deal is. So my tongue slipped. Buffy likes him, too. I noticed how she seemed excited about her date with Spike.”



“More than like. She’s also in love with him.” Willow confirmed.



“And now Buffy finally found out that he feels the same way about her too. Yay me! Maybe we misread Buffy’s reaction. She should be happy about the news, right?” Xander asked.



“Yeah.“ Anya agreed, nodding vigorously. “Buffy should be all right with that. I mean, I know I would be even if he kept a secret from me for years and let it drag to the point that he’s gonna let me marry another guy. I would completely understand why he didn’t fight for me, right?”


The three looked at each other before swearing at the same time. “Damn.”

***********
Thanks to his grandma, Spike and Buffy wouldn’t need to leave the house that night to have dinner.


Glory eventually figured out what he was up to so she asked her favorite Chefs, Andrew and Jonathan to prepare something delectable dishes for them and had them delivered to Buffy’s home.


Soon, they arrived with the food…and some of their hotel crews. Spike’s head was spinning from the number people that suddenly filled the small spaced dinning room.


“Nice…crib you got here, Spike, I mean Mr. Giles…sir.” Andrew stuttered before he signaled one of the crews to change the table cover and put the large flower centerpiece in the middle.



“Please, Andrew. I’d rather you call me Spike. Mr. Giles makes me sound a bit old and …some sort of a librarian.” His quip was met by his dad’s look of disapproval.



“Nice to have you on board, si- Spike.” Jonathan greeted the bleached blonde with a hug.


“Thanks!” Spike stood, stunned. ” I guess.”


“Never knew that our paths would cross again,” Jonathan added.


“Well, actually that’s not true because he’s one of our clients.” Andrew disagreed.


“Oh right.” Jonathan said lamely, looking at him with big admiring eyes.


“Uhuh. Excuse me while I go talk to Glory.” Spike replied before he disappeared through the livingroom. “Grams!!!”

***********
Minutes later, they were out of the house and father and son were left alone to talk in the living room.



“I figured that look you’re giving means we need to have the talk.” Spike told his father. “Coffee?“



“The talk?” Giles took the coffee and stared at him questioningly, “ You know that I’m totally in favor of your inheritance.”



“No, not that -talk. I meant the other talk that would describe me as the Wolf who’s always up to no good and Buffy being poor innocent Goldilocks who is about to be eaten.” Spike drawled. “I’m telling you now that I have no intention of hurting Buffy, dad. I love her.”



“I know.” He said as he took a sip from the cup.


Spike looked at his father in disbelief. ” You do?”



“The news about you and Buffy did not surprise me at all. Quite the contrary for I already knew that you’ve been in love with her long before you even realized that you were.”



“So you’re not actually telling me to stop seeing her.”


“Spike…William. You have to realize that kind of love only comes once in a lifetime.”


“I already know that Dad.”


“No, son. I don’t think you do. “Giles faced Spike and looked at him sincerely.” I love you, William. Even if you think I don’t. I do in fact care about you. That’s why it’s important for you to act now before you throw your life away.”



“I’m not throwing my life away.”



“You are. You may not know this but you have been trying to deny yourself of something that will make you happy. Have you even asked yourself why after all this time you haven’t told Buffy how you really felt? Or how you’ve always been sensitive every time we talk about your mother?


At Spike’s perplexed reaction, the older man added, ”You see. I know more than you think.”


“Oh do you now?” Spike look at his father bitterly.



“I do.” Giles told him firmly. “The reason why you haven’t told her was because deep inside, you don’t feel like you deserve to be with her.”


TBC

A/N: Thanks again for all your reviews. So sorry I haven't been able to update this story as often I should but I'll try to make it up by posting another one before the weekends.

I hope it didn't bother anyone so much that this story had taken such an angsty turn. I know most of you have wanted these couple to get together already so I appreciate your patience and faith in SPUFFY. I too believe in SPUFFY so I'm urging everyone to hold on and I promise that things will get better soon between them. Really (Resolved Face).
Behind Blue Eyes (Part two) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Thanks HMB for working on the chap with me!
“I have no time to talk about this Dad. If you must know, Buffy’s on her way back her right now and-“



“William, I’m sorry but I think it’s time that you listen to what I have to say! I’ve stayed on the sideline for far too long and I will not have you do this to yourself anymore!” Giles’ sudden change in his demeanor completely took Spike by surprise. His father hardly ever raised his voice to anyone unless it’s a matter of great importance.


”You deserve to be happy, son.” Giles continued in a softer tone. ”I know that you somehow blame yourself for your mother’s death and because of it, you punish yourself by walking away whenever you get too close to being happy. “


Spike jaw clenched and his whole body stiffened as his mind traveled back to a very significant moment in his life.


I dreamt that you left us, mummy.” he told her between sobs.


“It’s only a dream…You know that can never happen.” Jenny assured him.” I will never leave you no matter what,” She kissed him in the forehead. ” I promise that loving you will always comes first.”



“It’s because of me that Mum stayed.” Spike told him bitterly.


“I beg your pardon?”


His eyes were already brimmed with tears when he turned towards his Dad. “She was in love with another man but she chose stay with her marriage because of me. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she left to be with him. The day that she left, she must’ve felt so guilty that she didn’t see the car that she collided with. Can’t you see? It is why I hate myself! I was the one who killed her.”


For a moment Giles was speechless. He knew that his son had been carrying the burden of his mom’s death. He just hadn’t realized how deep it had been until now.


“William,” he sighed. “Your mom didn’t leave us for another man. All though it was true that she wasn’t happy with me, she was actually on her way to a charity center she’d volunteered to years ago.”



Spike’s eyes went up to meet his dad’s alarmingly. “What?!”



“When she and your grandma got reunited, Glory gave her a big amount of money…which you found out about the same time that I did. It got me to realize what a fool I was for even doubting her. It was only after Mr. Hamilton read the will that things became clear why she left that night.” He told her as his mind briefly recalled the day he met with Glory’s lawyer three years ago. “That night, she learned that the center was about to be closed the next day so she got into the car with a check in hand…”



Spike raked his hand through his hair in frustration. His mind was spinning from having to digest all the information that had just been laid out to him. “Why are you telling me this now?”



“Because I think it’s about time that you tell her.”



“Dad…”



“Make peace with yourself William and be with her before it’s too late. You deserve to be happy. I know your mother would’ve wanted you to.”




******************
Half an hour later,


Spike was just about finished lighting up some candles in the dinning room when he heard her come in. Spike excitedly went out of the kitchen to greet her. “Buffy, I have exciting news to tell you.”


Buffy’s smile didn’t reach her eyes.” Great. Let’s hear it.”



Spike was too keyed up about his news to notice her grim expression. ”I’ve decided to take my grandma’s offer. You’re now looking at the proud owner of Hotel le Athenea and at least three other hotels in Vegas which have names I could hardly pronounce.”



“Congratulations.” She didn’t try to hide the tears that welled-up in her eyes as she met his curious stare.



“Are you ok, luv?”



She paced back and forth then glared at him. “When are you going to tell me?”



“Tell you what, pet?”



“Were you going to wait till I marry Riley? Till I have children with him, ‘til we’re old and gray? Is that it?”


Spike could have sworn his heart stopped the moment he had a slight inkling as to what she was probably referring to. “Luv I-“


Why haven’t said a word? Were you ashamed, is that it?” She moved closer and glared up at him. ”When did you know, Spike? When did you find out that you fell in love with me?”


“How did you-“


“It doesn’t matter how I knew or who told me!”


.”Anya told you.” He clenched his jaws in anger.


“No it’s not Anya and you’re not listening to me. Tell me Spike, when you were still with Dru, did you already feel this way about me?”



” Yes.” He closed his eyes in frustration. This wasn’t how he was picturing their evening together. He was actually planning on telling her tonight before they make love, but that wouldn’t have been such a nifty idea either. She obviously doesn’t feel the same way about him. God, she must probably hate me now.” Buffy, I can explain.”


She should feel happy, but she couldn’t’ help feeling betrayed. All this time, Spike had been in love with her and he never said a word. All those heart aches she felt each time he went on a date with Dru was all for nothing. She knew it all, the details of his love story. From the moment he started dating her down to the time that he and the ho bag had broken-up. She cried for at least a month the moment she learned that he lost his virginity to Dru.


She might even willing to understand why he had kept silent. In his own deluded mind, he must’ve felt it wasn’t the right mind, but what she could not get was how willing he was to let her go even if she was about to get married to Riley. Wasn’t he going to do anything about it at all?


It angered her that Spike reminded her of her Dad. All those years that he’d stay away were because he was too afraid of her mom’s rejection. He wasted all those five years sulking to him self. She hated him for that and vowed to herself that she could never ever be with someone who won’t have to courage to fight for her.


“You know what? I don’t think you’re in love with me, you just think you are, but the truth is you really don’t.” Tears started to fall from her eyes as she looked at him in resentment. “Because only a fool would stand back and watch the girl he loves go marry someone else without telling her how he feels! Either that or he’s a coward just like my father!” She broke down and Spike was immediately beside her.



There it was, staring at him in the face. He just didn’t recognize it at first, but it’s there--- her confession…that she feels the same way.



“Buffy, please forgive me,” His voice was low and full of pent-up emotions as he lifted her chin to face him.” I thought at first I was just scared that it might ruin our friendship, and then I found that it goes deeper than that.”



“Right. Because we’re best of friends.” She told him mockingly.


“You were right the first time you called me a coward, Buffy because that’s who I really am, at least when it comes to you.” He brushed his trembling fingers against her hair as he spoke. ”You can’t imagine what you’ve done to me, Summers. I’m supposed to be cool badass guy in school, but I turn into a pathetic git each time you’re near. I love you so much I couldn’t think straight. I ”



“Well it’s your lucky day, Spike.” She told him with bitterness in her voice. “You won’t have to lose me because you already did a long, long time ago.” She said, as she got up and walked towards the door.



“What are you going to do? God help me if I’m going to let you get back with Finn.”



“Now why would that bother you, Spike? You didn’t seem to have a problem with it when I was engaged to him FIVE DAYS AGO!” She snapped.



“I was going to tell you.”


“When?”


“There were so many times that I tried to but-“



“But what? Something keeps happening that prevents you from telling me? We were groping and kissing two hours ago, how come you didn’t tell me then?”


“Like I was trying to tell you earlier, something happened in my past that made me this way, luv. If you would only hear me out, I’ll-.”


“I don’t want to hear it.”


Spike glared at her this time. “How about you?”



“What about me?”



“Do you love me?”



Buffy looked at him with stunned eyes.



“Buffy?”



“Yes.” She admitted softly.



Spike closed his eyes, momentarily relishing the wonderful thought of Buffy feeling the same way.. “Then why didn’t you tell me then?”



Buffy looked at him with incredulous eyes. She wanted to grab the nearest flower vase and throw it at him. “ Probably because I already did a long time ago, you jerk!”



“What?!!!” The words she just said didn’t make any sense to him. She already confessed her love for him? When did this happen and how in the hell could he have missed it?



“Stop fooling around Spike, I don’t have time for your games. I’m going to see Willow. When I come back, I want you gone.”



“I’m not leaving.” Spike told her as he tried to take her hand. “Not this time. We love each other. Isn’t that what truly matters?”



Buffy abruptly moved away. “Then I’ll stay with Willow until you leave.”



“We need to talk this over.”



“I’m sorry but the person that I wanna talk to right now is my best friend and unfortunately, he’s nowhere near me. ” She told him. A faint sob had escaped her lips just as she slammed the door on his face.





TBC


A/N: So Buffy actually told him in the past and that will be revealed to you soon in the next chappy. Though it wasn't mentioned in my earlier chapters , I played around with the facts that she'd been hurt by Spike before and that she tried to get over him. Sorry if I happen to confuse anyone .


Thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chap. Hope that my readers haven’t given-up on this story yet.

*********************
Reference to:
*Her father’s lack of courage - Chapter 15.
*Father issues – Chapter 16
* Buffy being hurt by Spike before- Chapter -14
*Her early attempt to tell him about her feelings – Chapter 16
*Jenny telling Spike that she will never leave him.- Chapter 14
The Letter by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my beta (and my dear friend) Maricel! Thank you so much for helping me out with this chap!
Flashback:


Three years ago (The week before Buffy’s 17th Birthday)


Inside the tree house, the petite young blonde lay flat on her stomach as she patiently waited for her best friend to meet her.


Even if she appeared to have buried herself in the comic books that she borrowed from the bleached blonde, she was actually feeling giddy about what she was about to do that day.


She’d painfully endured having to watch Spike drool over their next-door neighbor, Drusilla far too long. The previous night, Spike came to her house and asked if she could help him write a letter to Dru and that had been the last straw. At first she agreed, just to get him off her case, but she ended up writing a letter that was meant for him instead.


It was a Love Letter. Much to her chagrin, it took her almost the entire night to finally have the guts to write it. And now, as she hid it between the pages of a comic book, she can’t help giving out a big exasperated sigh. It was now or never. She was never much the type who would hold back especially at something she desperately wanted. And in this case, she wanted Spike. She wanted him more than anything and the only way she could do this was to confess…in writing. This way, she could be as far away as she could when he reads her impassioned confession. And if rejection was the outcome, she figured that the best way she could handle it was not to be there at all.



Looking at her watch, her scowl deepened.



He’d better not have gotten straight to that vampire wannabe, she thought angrily to herself.



“Summers.” Buffy heard his voice from behind her but she didn’t move.


“Spike.” She casually greeted, pretending that she wasn’t the least bothered by his tardiness.



When she turned her head, she looked at him in confusion for she could’ve sworn he was peeking through her skirt as he approached her. But then it could’ve just been her imagination.



“Sorry, luv. I was just making sure that I look good before I dropped that letter to Dru. How was that coming by the way?”



“Right umm,” Buffy started, standing up to face him. “About that letter. I was working on it last night…”



“Good, let me have a look at it then.”



“Well, you see that’s the thing.” She said hesitantly. “Will you believe me if I say that my dog ate your letter?”



“All right, first of all, you don’t have a dog and second- well actually there’s just the first.” A smirk crossed his face before he turned an irritated look at her. “I was expecting that letter, pet. You said last night that you were going to help me. What happened.”



“I just changed my mind. I believe that you should write the letter yourself. After all it is your letter. I don’t understand why you have to turn to me for this.” She told him angrily. ”I don’t even think you need to write one. What year are we? The freakin’ eighties? Seriously, who writes letters anymore? ” Really, Buffy? Hypocrite much? “If you’re that spaz about giving her a message, why don’t just give her one of your poems?”



Spike’s nose flared. “Fine! If you don’t wanna help me then don’t! But that’s not gonna stop me from marching down her door right now to ask her out.”



For a second, Buffy had been tempted to tell him everything that’s on her mind, but instead, she held her tongue and handed him the comic book that contained the letter that she wrote for him.



“Okay just make it quick. We should’ve been at Xander’s by now. I think I’ll go ahead and tell them that you’ll be late…er.” She said. ”Oh by the way, here’s your freakin’ comic book. I’m done with it.”



Her eyes were still glued to the book he held while He started to walk away. There’s nothing more you could do, Summers, she silently told herself. Now that you’ve given him your heart, you’ll just have to wait and see what he’s going to do with it.


******************

Dru greeted Spike with a smile as she opened the door for him. “Spike.”


The brunette that eyed her suggestively from head to toe was indeed lovely…A good distraction. She would do well in taking her mind off from his irresistible best friend, whose image had began to occupy his mind more often than before.


“Hi Dru,” he greeted. “I was-“


“No need to tell me, my Spike.” She gave out a mad laugh. “I already knew that you would come. I just didn’t know that it’ll be this soon.”


“You were expecting me? How did you know?”


“Miss Edith told me.”


“Do I know her?”


Dru showed her a doll. “This is Miss Edith.”


“I see.” Spike grinned this time. So she has doll at her age, that doesn’t mean she’s crazy, right? Buffy after all has Mr. Gordo. It’s a security kind of thing.


“Wow!” Dru piped up, looking at the comic book in his hand. ”Is that the latest edition to The Ninth wonders? Do you mind if I take a look?”


Spike gave her the book. “Dru, the reason why I’m here is because I wanted to ask if-“



“What is this?” Dru held out the envelope she saw peeking from one of the pages.



He looked at it and smiled wryly. So Buffy did write the letter after all. She was just probably teasing me when she said she couldn’t do it.



“Is it a love letter for me?” Dru asked excitedly.



Spike contemplated on whether he should give it to her now when he hadn’t even checked what the letter said. But he trusted Buffy and he knew that she wouldn’t do anything that would cause him trouble so he’d decided to let her read it. “Yes, luv. It’s for you.”



When Dru began to read the letter, Spike failed to notice the wicked smile that crossed her face.



“Why Spike. You’re so sweet. Thank you.” She told him before she leaned forward and gave Spike his very first kiss.


***********************

Buffy couldn’t stand the thought of leaving Spike with Dru so she had chosen to stay and wait for the bleached blonde to come back. But several minutes had already ticked by and still Spike hasn’t come back so, she’d decided to look through the window to try see for herself if she could find out what he’s been up to.


Leaning forward, she could see Drusilla and a trace of his hair from the high fence. Her eyes went wide when she made out a bit of Drusilla pulling Spike towards her.



Buffy saw a branch outstretched near the window and made her way to it. Finally from her view, she was able to see what was happening between the two. And now that she did, she now wished that she hadn’t.


A persistent tear had managed to escape from her eyes as she saw a clear view of Spike kissing Dru. Just then, the branch she was standing on swayed beneath her and before she knew what was happening, she heard a cracking sound before she fell to the ground.

**************

“Oh God! Buffy!!!”


Spike was still in Dru’s arms when he heard Joyce’s loud scream on the other side of the fence.


Upon hearing Buffy’s name, fear ignited within him as the possible horrible scenarios of what happened to Buffy went through his mind. He didn’t even realize that he hadn’t even said goodbye. He just turned and ran as fast as he could, completely forgetting about the girl he was talking to.


His heart never pounded so loud until that moment. It felt like it was gonna leap out of his chest. Joyce was clutching the phone under her chin when he walked into the house. “What happened, Mrs. Summers?”


”Oh William, I just called the ambulance. Buffy fell from the tree and I’m afraid that…Oh God.” She broke of in a distressful tone



Spike thought his heart stopped right then. “Where is she?”


“I..I didn’t move her. I can’t-“



Spike ran towards the backyard. His eyes went wide as his eyes fell upon Buffy’s motionless body on the ground.


“Buffy…” He whispered as his mind tried push away thoughts of losing her.



When she moved to sit down, a tiny spark of hope was ignited within him. He rushed immediately to her side but did not attempt to move her.



“Buffy,” He pleaded, his voice almost breaking. “Stay with me. You have to stay awake for me, can you do that, pet?”



“Will?”



“Yes, luv. I’m here.”



“My leg hurts.”



Spike closed his eyes in an attempt to pacify the worry he was feeling inside. ”Hold on pet. The ambulance is on their way.”


**********

Meanwhile, from the other side of the fence, stood a fuming Dru. How dare he run off and leave me like that? But no matter. I already got Spike just where I want him, she mused. With an evil glint in her eyes, she read once more the letter that Spike had given her.


Dear William,

I’m not really good with letters so you’d better read everything before you start cracking up.

Dru’s beautiful…at least that’s what you keep saying. She’s perfect (on what book?) and effulgent as you mentioned on one of your poems but, I just feel that she’s the kind of girl who will just stomp all over your sentimental heart. She’s not the right girl for you. I’m saying this because I know you more than anybody else. I care about you, William…more than you know and I don’t ever want to see you hurt.


I love you…not just as a friend. I think I have for a long time and just didn’t know what I was feeling until recently. There, I said it. I know you’re probably laughing right now, thinking that I’m just a teenager with a crush. Go ahead. Laugh all you want, but please don’t let this letter change what we already have. I believe our friendship is way too precious and far too important to be destroyed by just a mere mindless rant from your foolish best friend.


There’s one more thing I need to ask from you though. If you feel the same way or think that there’s the tiniest possibility that you could learn to love me back, please hand me a single red rose on my 17th Birthday and if you don’t, just pretend you never read my letter. I prefer that you not mention about this ever. Don’t worry about me. I’d rather have you as my best friend than not become a part of your life at all.


Love,

Buffy





End of flashback


TBC



A/N: Love all your reviews. I must say your feedbacks and emails never fails to inspire me. When I post a new chap, I would usually keep checking for my reviews all throughout the day coz’ I really love them!

I apologize if I am not able to respond to all your feedbacks. I used to but I tend to give out too much information so I had to stop (smiles guiltily). Yup, totally my fault. But one thing I can assure you is that I always take feedbacks, suggestions and constructive criticism into account and apply whatever I think is useful and helpful to the story. Also please note that I answer all my emails so if there’s anything or any question with regards to clarification to a certain event in my chapters, send me a note at slaymuch@comcast.com.

Now for the chapter I’ve just posted, this is kind of the part that answered most of your questions. Early references to this story are chapters - three and nine. IFeedback on this chapter is very much appreciated. Also, I'm excited to know what you think of the letter that Buffy wrote for Spike. Thanks!
The Big Picture by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, maricel for a job well done :-)
It was raining hard as she started to walk her way to the Bronze, but she didn’t care. That day, the sky felt that it was time to let out what it’s been keeping inside and she couldn’t agree more. She was hurting and all her mind could ever think about was the time when Spike went to her room on her 17th birthday.


She remembered coming home with him from the karaoke party that her friend threw for her. Spike had taken her in his arms, but didn’t stay for the night like he used to. There was something the way that he held her that felt different…like he was scared. He’d been like that from the day she had the accident, acting a little paranoid, always checking-up on her and staying as long as he could in the hospital.


Spike had cuddled with her; her head laid comfortably upon his chest while he lazily combed her with his fingers. It was one of those moments that Buffy wished time would stop so could she stay with him like that forever.


Buffy had waited, but the night ended without a single rose in sight.


That night, she felt her heart broke into a million pieces just as he’d given her a kiss on her forehead to signal his goodbye.





The ringing sound of her cell phone broke her away from her sad thoughts. When she saw from the caller ID that it wasn’t Spike, she didn’t hesitate to answer it. “Willow?”


“Buffy, what happened. I spoke with Spike and he’s been worried sick about you.”


“He’s still at my house?”


“I know. He told me what happened.”


There was silence at the end of Buffy’s line.


“Buffy?”


“I hate him, Wills.”


“No, you don’t. You’re just saying that because of the anger you’re feeling right now.”


Buffy held a sob.” How could I not be angry with him? He’s acting like a total jerk! He- ”


“Reminds you of your dad?”


Buffy felt anger rise in her throat. “He does… “

**************
At the Bronze,


“Let’s go ladies, “Drusilla drawled impatiently as she watched the dance floor begin to pack with horny teens groping and grinding at each other. She’d been desperately dying for a shag and Lindsey, her boy toy for the past few days, is out of town. What she would give to have Spike writhing and moaning at her bedpost by now. “This scene is beginning to bore me.”


“Can’t we stay a wee bit longer?” Harmony protested. “I want to see Teddy G. perform.”


Dru rolled her eyes. “I’m not into his kind of music, Harm.”


“How about we catch up with you later coz’ I want to stay too.” Cordy added.


The crazy brunette groaned in frustration. “Grrr, why do I even bother?” With that, she stood up and left.


Fuming silently, she pushed and snarled at anyone who blocked her way. She was a few feet away from finally reaching the door when she spotted Willow and her friends. With a calculated approach to curiosity, her eyebrow cocked when she caught a few words from the red head's conversation on her cell phone.


********************

“Oh Buffy….”


“Spike told me he loved me. But what I couldn’t get was why he did not leave me that rose four years ago?”


“Buffy, sweetie. You have to forget about what happened in the past. What matters is that he wants to be with you.”


“But he didn’t fight for-“


“Will you stop it and listen to yourself! You’re throwing away the chance to be with the guy that you truly love just because of that knight-in-shinning-armor crap!”


Taken aback, Buffy looked at her phone in disbelief. She wasn’t used to hearing Willow in an angry state. “God, Willow! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?”


“All I’m saying is that everybody deserves a second chance. For all we know, Spike has a pretty good reason why he didn’t do what he was supposed to do three years ago.” Willow sighed, hoping that she could get through her friend’s thick mindedness before she does something she’ll regret forever. “I know you, Buffy. I know you long enough to know that whenever you get hurt, especially by people you care about, you try to carry it with you forever. And it tends to cloud your judgment.”



“Willow, I’m not-“



“I don’t expect you to just turn around because I told you to. I just…I feel you owe a little bit to yourself to think past your pain and look at the big picture. Can you do that for me, sweetie?”



***********]

Dru watched the red head turn off her cell phone. So Buffy haven’t told Spike about the letter?...and Spike is all alone in Sunshine’s house, she mused, smiling wickedly to herself as she made her way out of the Bronze. Look’s like mummy’s not gonna be so lonely tonight after all.



“Well?” Xander asked, trying gauge Willow’s reaction.


“I think I did everything I can do.” Willow answered casually.


Anya shook her head in disappointment. “But what?”


“I guess, It’s all up to her now.”


The three of them just stared at each other. They remained silent as they began to listen to Teddy Gieger’s performance on stage.


Wandering the streets, in a world underneath it all
Nothing seems to be, nothing tastes as sweet
As what I can't have
Like you and the way that you're twisting your hair
round your finger
Tonight I'm not afraid to tell you
What I feel about you.


I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
and cannon ball into the water
I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
For you I will
For you I will

*******************
(Music blends into another scene- at Buffy’s house)

Forgive me if I stutter
From all of the clutter in my head
Cuz I could fall asleep in those eyes
Like a water bed
Do I seem familiar, i've crossed you in hallways
a thousand times, no more camouflage
I want to be exposed, and not be afraid to fall.



Spike sat on the floor with his back to the door. His eyes quickly wandered throughout the candles that had been lit for the romantic evening that never happened.


I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
And cannon ball into the water
I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
For you I will
You always want what you can't have
But I've got to try
I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have
For you I will
For you I will
For you I will



Suddenly, he heard the doorbell. His face lit up. Buffy. Quickly, he stood to open it. “Buf- Oh it’s you.”


“I’m sorry if I disturbed you, Spike.” Andrew apologized. “It’s just that I forgot my PDA somewhere in the dining room.”


Spike couldn’t hide the disappointment in his eyes as he felt his world start to crumble around him. She’s not going to come back, he thought painfully.


“Did I say something wrong?”


“No. Come in, Andrew.” He said as he stepped aside, allowing the little blonde guy to come in and retrieve what he came for.


“I’ll be on my way…” Andrew told him. Taking several steps, the lad suddenly hesitated and faced him. “You know, I have an aunt who used to tell me that things are always darkest before the dawn.”


And with that he turned and left just as the heavy rain started to fall.


Spike closed the door and started to think about what Andrew said. “Well apparently his Aunt hasn’t met someone as stubborn as Buffy,” He muttered to himself, just as his eyes began to well up with tears.


Just then he heard the knock again. Spike shook his head in disbelief. The lad was just too forgetful for his age. Irritated, he opened the door once more. “What do you wa-”


The words got caught in his throat when he realized that it wasn’t Andrew. It was Buffy who he found standing on the other side of the door.


“Buffy?” He said, tilting his head to stare at her longingly. He hoped that she finally found it in her heart to forgive him.


“Spike…” She started. Her entire body was shivering and her clothes were soaked to the skin from the rain. “I came back to get something I need.”


The light in his eyes faded just as quickly as it came. He stood aside and let her in, resisting the urge to remove his shirt and put it around her trembling form.


“Oh…no problem. I’ll just finish putting out the candles.” He said, looking away. “I know that this is your house, luv, but I meant what I said that I’m not gonna leave. Not this time. But if you want your space to think, I could sleep in the basement. I’m perfectly okay with-”


“Spike.” She interrupted.


“Yes?” He hesitantly turned to her, bracing himself for her usual stubborn reaction.


“Shut-up.” He heard her say just before she threw herself in his arms and smashed her lips with his.



TBC.


A/N: Aren’t we glad that Willow finally talked some sense into her? Please, let me know how this chapter went. Thanks for all the lovely reviews on my last update. Coming up next is a very Spuffy chapter.
First Time by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
“Shut-up.” Her heard her say just before she threw herself in his arms and smashed his lips with hers.


Shock momentarily crossed his face before his hands went around her head to tangle his fingers into her damp hair. My Buffy… He parted his lips as soon he felt her demanding tongue push urgently through the line in between.



Buffy’s trembling hands went to the edge of his shirt. She hastily lifted it up through his head and discarded it on the floor.



His heart hammered violently against his chest as he felt her fingers trace erratic patterns on his back.



Buffy gazed upon him. Her voice was filled with remorse as she spoke. “Spike, I’m sor-.”



“Shhh.” Spike placed a finger on her lips to stop her.



“But there’s something I need to-”



“Nothing to be sorry about, luv. You’re here and that’s what matters.” He told her huskily, feeling himself harden even more as she rubbed herself boldly unto his jean-clad erection.



Sensing the urgency in her, he placed both hands under her bottom to lift her up. With her legs firmly wrapped around his waist he started to carry her up towards her bedroom.


They were both panting so hard by the time they reached the top of the stairs. She was driving him crazy with her hips and it was a wonder at all that they were able to reach their destination with the way that she kept on grinding herself to him.


Spike gently put her to sit down on the edge of the bed and took his place beside her. “I want you, pet.” He said, kissing her hair. “ Will you let me show you just how much?”


The sound of desperation on his voice brought tingles to her spine. “Show me.”


Turning on the lamp, Buffy tentatively sat on his lap to straddle him.



The mischievous grin that spread across his lips instantly brought redness to her cheeks.



“Oh.” She smiled coyly. “You’re wondering what’s up with the light?”



“Not that I’m complaining but it sort piqued my curiosity.”



“Well, remember all those times we snuggled close?” She asked, her hand drawing lazy circles on his chest until it went up and mindlessly toyed with his necklace.


Spike held a whimper as she gradually continue to move closer, stopping only when she’s directly on top of his crotch.



“There were times when I hoped that you’ll learn to look at me differently,” she said softly. “…that somehow you’ll look at me like the way you do right now.”



“Luv… ” He swallowed hard. Buffy was harboring secret feelings for him even then? How could he have missed this?



“I want to see everything, Spike…your darkened eyes… your messed-up hair…the look on your face when you...” Buffy heaved an emotional sigh.“ I need to commit everything to my memory just in case…”



Spike looked at her tenderly and pulled her close to him. “I’ll be here, Buffy.” Placing her hand on top of his beating heart, he added, “I’ll be here forever if you’ll let me.”



Buffy felt like her own heart would burst from having too much emotion. Is it possible to fall for someone even more deeply than she did before? She thought, sobbing lightly as she leaned to give him a heartfelt kiss.



Spike began to pant wildly as he gave himself fully into the kiss. For what started out as light feathery playful kisses between them transformed into something heated and out of control.



Lack of breath soon compelled them to stop and Spike took the opportunity to gaze hungrily at her. Her hair was still damp from the rain and her clothes were soaked through. A soft groan escaped from his lips when he realized that between her shirt and her skin, she wore nothing.



Buffy began to feel tinglies that traveled all the way south at the way he was looking at her. He’s not just gonna stare at her all day, is he? She thought impatiently. Damn, I can’t just sit here and- Oh dear, he’s head is coming down.



She drew a sharp intake of breath as Spike’s head quickly came down to take enclosed one taut nipple into his mouth.



“Oh!” Buffy threw her head back and moaned loudly.



Smiling to himself, his lips moved to her other breast while his hands traveled down. Grabbing her by the waist, he lifted her slightly to slide her skirt down her legs. Buffy was too occupied that it wasn’t until he stopped his ministrations that she realized she was already sitting astride him practically naked.



“So beautiful, my Buffy…” He purred as his mouth returned to her breasts.



“Spike.” Buffy gasped, her hands fisting on the back of his hair to pull him closer. “…Want you.”



With one swift move, Spike lifted her up to him to lay her gently on the bed.



Soon, Spike was trailing kisses from her breast, to her taut stomach and down to…



“Oh my G…” she moaned loudly as she felt his tongue licked the area of her outer-lips. Her whole body tensed as she closed her legs together. “ Spike, I…can’t… I’ve never- ”



“I won’t push you anything you don’t want to, sweetheart but let me do this for you. I promise to stop if you say the word. Please trust me, pet.”



“Okay. I trust you.” Buffy nodded, almost chuckling at the look of relief on his face. She closed her eyes and writhe her head sideways as Spike resumed to teasing her center with his amazing tongue. Her hips bucked involuntarily as she felt the warm tip graze her sensitive nubbin. “Oh God!”




“Are you okay, luv? Would you like me to stop, pet?”



“No! (pants heavily)…please don’t st….gah!.”



Spike felt himself harden even more at the hint of desperation in her voice.


He began to suck her long and hard. Just when Buffy thought she couldn’t take it any longer, he inserted a finger inside her and started to pump. Within seconds, Buffy was screaming her sweet release.



Spike almost came from the feeling of muscles clamping around his fingers. Spike silenced her cry by kissing her deeply, making Buffy want him even more she tasted herself on his mouth. She sat up and started to unbuckle his belt. Spike hands came out to help her but she playfully slapped them away.



“Let me.” She told him huskily



“Minx,” he chuckled softly as her eager fingers went to unzip his pants. She watched him moan helplessly as she fondled the mass of curls beneath and finally freed his shaft from its constraint.



“Bloody Hell!” He groaned as she carefully encircled him and began running her fingers up and down his length.



Before his mind could even recover from her its overpowering sensation, he watched her with glassy eyes as her head came down and felt her lick the top of his shaft before taking him fully into her mouth. “Oh…Fuck!”



“Mmmm.” She moaned. The vibration on is skin caused him gasp from too much ecstasy.



“Buffy… you have… to stop.” He pleaded between pants.




Buffy sat up and looked at him with hurt in her eyes. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that I was doing it wrong. I’ve never done-“



“No, you did nothing wrong, luv.” He told her between pants. “I had to…the feeling was so good but I want to be inside you when I come.”




In spite of the state that they’re already in, Buffy couldn’t help but blush at his words. She smiled at him as he stood up and totally removed his pants. Buffy licked her lips, her mind going back to the time that Spike told her that never liked the restrictions of underwear so he never bothered wearing one. She remembered sneaking peaks at his crotch several times after that. The time that she caught him doing it in his room only added fuel to the lust that had already began to make itself known to her.



Naked as her, he finally joined her on the bed. Gasps mingled through the air as their bodies touched skin to skin for the very first time.



Spike kissed her once again as his knees nudged her legs apart.



“Spike…” She whispered his name.



Bugger. She’s not having second thoughts, is she? “Buffy…I don’t think I can stop now.” he breathed out. He stared at her intently as he moved his head to touch hers.



“No…I’m not telling you to.”



“Then what is it, pet?” He asked as he started to kiss her neck.



“Spike, there’s something I have to tell you.”



Spike felt out of breath as he started to push himself into her hole.



“I’ve never done this before.”



His eyes went wide. Immediately he halted his movements “You’ve never-“


She nodded coyly.


“Oh pet, “ he looked down on her face with loving eyes, could not help from beaming from the fact that he’s going to be her first.“ This is …damn…I just wasn’t expecting.” He stuttered. “Wish I could do something to skip the pain but it’s going hurt a little.”



“I know but I don’t want you to stop.”



“I promise to take it slow, all right.” Spike told her softly as he slowly pushed himself inside her.



Buffy closed her eyes tight as she braced herself from the impending pain.



“Bloody Hell!…So tight.” He groaned. His eyes screwed shut at the feel of her squeezing him as he started coming through the barrier.



“Ah!” Buffy cried, her tears falling freely from the stabbing pain that assaulted her senses.



“Oh Buffy, I’m sorry…so sorry.” He whispered in endearment as he ran kisses all over her face.



Buffy looked at him and her heart almost gave out from the look of love she saw in his eyes. “Spike…please…”



He took in the renewed lust on her face and started to little by little drive himself further into her, giving her time to adjust to his size. Soon he reached the hilt. Spike rested his forehead on hers. His blue eyes remained glued to her green ones as he started to move slowly.



With the pain, finally subsiding, Buffy began to moan helplessly beneath him. Bloody Hell! He’s not gonna last long if she keeps on making those delicious sounds on her lips! He silenced her with an urgent kiss and for a moment, he thought he had everything under control. But as soon as her felt her legs went behind his knees, he let out a tortured mewl. His breath grew shallower with every time she tried to push herself up to meet his every thrust. “Buffy, I can’t… Ah!” He gasped as he felt her cup his bottom.



Their eyes met and slowly all those pent-up emotions they’d been holding came flooding through their chests. “Oh gah…Spike…I love you. ” Buffy cried out just as the building energy surged from within her. The feeling was so intense that she almost felt like passing out.



Her confession, combined with feeling of her inner muscles clamping around him finally drove him to his much awaited completion. “Buffy!” he cried out as his body reached THE most mind blowing orgasm he’d ever felt in his life.



TBC



A/N: I was gonna post this tomorrow since this is supposed to be my valentine chapter but then I thought what the hell, so I changed my mind and posted it anyway LOL! Please let me know how it went. Really curious to know whether it sucked or not since this is the first ever complete smut scene I’ve ever written.

Thanks for all of your lovely reviews! Just want to let you know too that I haven’t forgotten about the letter. It will soon be revealed to Spike in the coming chapters. Dru and Riley is not out of the picture, so you’ll have to wait a bit to see how Captain Carboard and the loony ho’s gonna react once to this new development between our fave couple.

Once again thanks to Maricel for the wonderful beta.

Happy Spuffy Valentine’s Day!
Loving you by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/a
Spike collapsed on top of her, his body still catching his breath. Worried that he was probably crushing her with his weight, he immediately slipped out from her body to lie on his back beside her.



“Are you okay?” he asked, turning to face her, his beads of perspiration were still shining from his forehead.



“Yeah.” Buffy smiled up at him.



Spike dipped down his head to place a tender kiss on her lips. “Mmmmm…I could do this over and over.” Just then something dawned on him that made him stare at her alarmingly.



“What is it?” Buffy asked worriedly.



“Buffy, we forgot something.”



“What?”



“I totally forgot to put on some protection, luv.” He told her worriedly.



“Spike-”



“Oh Buffy, it’s totally my fault. But you know that it won’t make a difference, right?…well yeah it would make a little difference since I’m gonna take care of you more and make sure that you and the baby are safe just in case you got pregnant but…” He babbled worriedly



“Spike, It’s all right. I’m on the pill.” She almost laughed at the big frown that formed on his face. “Not for the reason you’re thinking. You should know by now that Riley and didn’t do it. It was actually my mom who insisted. When she learned that I got a boyfriend, she immediately took me to a clinic.”



“Oh!” he said, already feeling foolish that he almost blurted out his entire dream of building a family with her. He was actually seconds from proposing to her if she hadn’t interrupted. Bloody hell. What a soddin’ love’s bitch he’s turning out to be.



Buffy let him scoop her body from behind and wrap his arms around her. “I like this.” Her body was terribly sore from below, but she couldn’t care less.



“Me too, luv.” He said, kissed her hair. “Should have done this a long time ago.”



“How long have you known?” She turned to look at him, propping herself up with her elbow “That you like me.”



He chuckled. “Have always liked you, Summers.”



“You know what I mean.”



“You mean how long I’ve been lusting after you?”



“Yeah.” She giggled.



“Couldn’t really remember…” He said, his lips immediately forming a wicked grin.



“Spike, all those times when we were snuggling you never felt anything-”




“Well, there was one time when I actually did something naughty while you were…”



“I was what?” She asked, her desire coming back to her again.




Spike just threw her a guilty smile. “Sleeping.”




“Come on tell me...”




“Well we were snuggling and you fell asleep first…”



“And?”




“Then you turned and one of your knees just happen to nudge me.” He said, his hand caressing her arm.




Buffy smiled wildly. “So you’re telling me that you began doing your thing beside me while I asleep all because of one purely innocent nudge from your best friend.”




“Yeah I know. I’m sick and a pervert. I deserve to be put in an asylum.” He said, his lower lip jutting out.




“No.” Buffy moved closer to kiss him on the nose. “You’re just plain cute. (nibbles his lower lip) charming…(licks) and some horny teenager who can’t resist the hotness that is me.”




“Yeah horny sort of covers it…but I don’t mind hearing the rests though. Makes me all warm and tingly inside.”



“Really?”



“Oh yeah…bloody yeah…” he groaned loudly as she began to lick his ear. “Keep that up and you just might want to see just how horny I can be.”




“You don’t know how much I want to see that but-“



“You’re still sore…I know. It’s al right, luv. We still have the entire day to ourselves tomorrow.”



“Yes.” She yawned.



“I love you, Summers.” He whispered into her ear as he wrapped his arms around her.




Buffy felt her heart swell. She could never get enough of him saying those words to her. “Me too.”



Spike turned her to face him, his expression never looked more boyish and vulnerable as he did that moment. “Oh no you don’t. You’re not gonna get off that easily.”



Buffy giggled. “But I already got off, Spike. My achingly sore and luscious body could completely attest to that.”



“My, my you’re becoming quite the little minx, aren’t you? Getting me all hot and bothered with such naughty words.” Spike gave out a low and sexy laugh. “But you know exactly what I meant. Come on now, luv. I want to hear it over again.”




“Hear what?” She teased as she started to plant kisses on his chest.


“Oh you’re not gonna make me beg, aren’t you?”


“Oooo begging. I would love to see that.”


“Buffy.” He warned good-naturedly.



Buffy chuckled as she gave him a quick kiss on the mouth. Her face was full of tenderness when she looked into his eyes.



“I love you,” she whispered.




“I’m sorry, did you say something coz I didn’t quite hear-”



“I love you, Spike.” She said more loudly this time, interrupting his teasing.




The smile that Spike gave her was blinding. She’d never seen him looked this happy before.



Spike responded with a tender kiss on her mouth. I could never seem to get enough of her. Probably never ever will, he mused happily as his hand absentmindedly went to caress her bare buttocks. She seemed to have liked it so much that he heard her helpless groans just as she pushed her tongue inside his mouth very urgently.



Suddenly, Buffy flipped them over so that Spike was on his back while her entire body straddled him.



The entire swift action had Spike completely stunned…and hard. “I thought your body was still sore, luv?”




“Well.. I was…I guess all that talk of love and naughty things kinda got to me too.” Buffy began to pant as she slowly lowered herself onto his shaft. Moving her hips, she asked. “Do you want me to stop?”




“Bloody…hell…no.”


*****************

Thirty minutes earlier



A red Jaguar parked on the side street not far from the Summers home.



“Blasted it Riley! Why the hell did you stop me?” Dru wailed.



“Because I already saw Buffy came into the house first. If you’d gone in, you and I know what that confrontation would mean for the two of us.” Riley explained.



“We’re not just gonna let them have at it!”



“At this point, we are.” Riley told her levelheadedly. “If you want Spike to be yours, we have to do it my way.”



Dru sighed in frustration. “Well you better make your plan work before Saturday.”



“Why? What the freakin’ hell is on Saturday?”



“My da’s throwing a big birthday party for me and I want Spike to be my date.”



“Fine. Don’t worry you’ll have Spike in no time. I’ll make sure of that.”



“You have a plan?” Dru giggled madly. “Sounds thrilling, Riley. Come on now, let mommy know what you have in store for my dark prince and Sunshine.”



TBC



A/N: Thanks for all the reviews and wonderful feedbacks being emailed to me lately! Hope to post again before the week ends! Thanks again!
The Scheme by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
Flashback


Twelve-year old William arrived at the tree house with a load of comic books and some homework that he’s supposed to do with Buffy. Realizing that there wasn’t any sign from the petite blonde yet, he furrowed his brows and looked at his watch. No, he wasn’t early. So he scratched his head and began to wonder what on earth could’ve possibly detained her since she was the one who usually makes a big deal out of tardiness.


Oh well. . Smirking to himself, his eyes momentarily drifted to their neighbor’s backyard and wondered if he should stop by at Drusilla’s place and ask the girl if she would like to join him and Buffy at the tree house.


Dru had been very friendly with him ever since that day she mistook his intention for going to her backyard. The rose that he had intended to give to his best friend as a result from a dare, ended up in her hands instead. And since then, Dru had been chatty with him in school and sat with him at the cafeteria almost every lunch. It was the first time that a girl had actually shown interest in him and that alone got him so intrigued. And now his scheme was to spend more time with her until he finds the courage to ask her to be his girl.


Somehow he thinks that idea would not go well with Buffy, since he knew how she hated Dru. Right, like that would stop him from spending time with someone as beautiful as Dru. Bloody hell, who cares what Buffy thinks! I’m gonna head over there now!


William was about to do just that, disregard what Buffy told him about Dru when the petite blonde suddenly came up to the tree house looking very distraught. Her face was pale and her hair was all messed up. She appeared like she ran several miles, judging from the way she was trying to catch her breath and holding on to her chest.


“Buffy, what’s the matter, pet?” He asked worriedly, offering his hand.


“Will?” She took his hand and suddenly threw her arms around him. And William felt every single pain that she felt the second her heart-wrenching sobs emanated from her small body.


“Tell me what happened, Summers?”


“Daddy left.” She managed to bring out between sobs.


“What do you mean he left?”


“I came home and found that he left. And mom…” she paused as her fingers tightened around his neck. “Mom was a mess. Dad hurt her very badly…”



“Oh Buffy,” Spike cooed softly. “It’s all right...”



“I can’t believe he actually left us…I mean I always knew that he and mom haven’t been getting along recently, but it never occurred to me…” Buffy broke down and buried her face on the crook of his neck.



“There now…just let out. You know my mom said that it’s better to let it all out. She told me that crying would actually make you feel better…”



“She told you that?”



“Yeah. Six years ago. I told her how I met you.” He told her wistfully as he sat on a stool. His arms never let go. “I wasn’t able to sleep that night, remembering how you looked…how you cried. Then she told me that you’re going to be okay since you’ve already let the tears out and that you now have somebody like me who will always be there for you.”



“So (sniffs)…Is it true then?”


“What?”


“That you will always be there?”


William’s fingers began to play with strands of her hair, his reason for leaving the tree house completely forgotten. “Always.”


End of Flashback

*********************

“You have a plan?” Dru giggled madly. “Sounds thrilling, Riley. Come on now, let mommy know what you have in store for my dark prince and Sunshine.”


“Simple. I’m just going to persuade Buffy that I’m the right guy for him and not Spike.”


Dru frowned. “That’s your brilliant plan? You’re just going to persuade Buffy and you believe that’s enough to make her come running back into your arms?”


“Well…yeah!”



Dru considered him silently, before she broke down into a fit of laughter. This guy’s even crazier than me! “Really, Riley. Are you that daft?!! You honestly think that Sunshine could still be fooled that easily after all that has happened between them tonight.”


Riley pulled her suddenly towards him until their faces were almost touching. “You underestimate me, Dru. Clearly you don’t know what goes inside the head of a desperate man.”


***************

Buffy woke up with her tummy rumbling which was somewhat peculiar since she’s used to skipping her breakfast all the time. When she moved, her body ached and the soreness below her waist was a sole reminder of how she and Spike had done all night.


Oh, that’s why…

Where is he? She wondered to herself as her eyes drifted to his shirt that was lying on the chair next the window.


She pulled the blanket over herself and brought it close to her nose. God, this even smells like him. Buffy was not aware of it, but her face glowed at the mere thought of him. She even had a strange smile on her face as she leaned on the pillows behind her.


And that’s how she looked when a half naked Spike came into the room holding a tray full of breakfast in his hands.


He stopped, taking his time to enjoy the smile she bestowed upon him as she came in. “Good morning, luv.”


Buffy suddenly licked her lips and it wasn’t from the pancakes and strawberries on the tray that he placed on her lap. “Wow! You made all this for me?!!! I never knew you know how to operate the stove in the first place.”


Spike cocked an eyebrow, delighting the way her green eyes had discreetly traveled over his chest before it landed on the food he had prepared for her. “Somewhere along that line lies a compliment that still needs to be dissected. Tsk,tsk,tsk. There are still so many things that you obviously don’t know about me.”


Buffy took a bite from a strawberry and offered it to him. “Yeah? Like what?”


Spike made one of those deep sexy laughs that would usually have her heart racing and turn her knees into a pile of goo. “You don’t know do you?”



Clueless green eyes stared back at him. “Humor me.”



“How you make me go crazy with those pouty lips of yours…” He took one of her hands and placed it over his chest. “It’s in the palm of your hand, luv.”


“What is?”


Spike didn’t say it but he moved her hand so that it was directly on top of his beating heart.


Oh. Buffy was stunned…and overwhelmed. Warm fluttery feelings lingered on the pit of her stomach. She understood what he meant and was deeply moved with his honesty.




“Yeah I know,” he told her softly as he looked down, feeling vulnerable under her piercing gaze. “Scares me sometimes.”



“You shouldn’t.” Buffy lifted up his chin. “I’ll never do anything to hurt you, William.”



His eyes were dazed as he gave her a tender kiss on the mouth.



“Gee, is that all you can do?” Buffy teased. “After all those mushy talks and all you can give me is a- ”


Spike kissed her again but this time, his tongue traced the line between before he took her lower lip between his teeth and sucked it.


Buffy’s one hand automatically went to taut lines of his torso. Her fingers proceeded to trace secret patterns over his chest while the other went behind his neck deepen their kiss. Mmmm…a girl could get used to this.



Panting heavily, Spike had already begun to pull away the sheet from her body when she heard her tummy grumbled again. “Ooops!”


Spike chucked softly as he tried to pull himself together. “ I guess you’d better finish your breakfast, luv before it gets cold.”



“Sorry…” she apologized, laughing foolishly.



“Don’t be.” He said as he reluctantly pulled away. Damn, I can’t seem to get enough of her. Winking, he added, “We still got the entire day to ourselves.”



“But you do realize that I’m still so sore from last night…”



“Oh right.” Spike muttered thoughtfully. “Don’t worry. I know just the cure.”



“What do you have in mind?” Buffy asked, curiously as she gobbled up the last of her pancakes and drank her juice.



“A warm bath,” he whispered into her ear right before he just as he scooped her into his arms.



Buffy gave out a big yelp as he roughly rid of the sheet from her body. Almost instantly, his eyes had darkened and his breath grew shallow. Mustering all control that he had left, he gently laid her naked body on the tub that was already filled with warm water.



“You did this?” Buffy asked in awe, loving the way the rose petals floated around her. She could hardly recognize her old bathroom from number the flowers and candles that completely encircled her.



“No, actually it was Jonathan and Andrew’s idea.”



“ Jonathan and Andrew? You mean those chefs from the hotel.” Her eyes went wide. “Whoa, I forgot that they’re your crew now. You know, it still floors me sometimes that Jenny actually came from a very rich family. I mean she acts so simple in Every way.”



“Right.” Spike said, not really listening to a word she said, since he’s fully distracted with the captivating goddess before her.



Buffy mistook his reaction for discomfort. She just remembered how Spike could easily get uncomfortable at the mention of Jenny. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to talk about her. “



“No, Buffy that wasn’t…”


“It’s really no biggie, Spike. I know that you’re still not ready to let me in on that part of your life yet.”


Spike looked like he was going to say something but then held his tongue instead he gave her a strange look before he turned to leave.



“Care to join me?” Buffy asked, attempting to lighten up the subject.



“Oh you don’t how much I’m tempted to join you just now but you’re sore and after everything we did last night, I think you deserve a few minutes alone to make the acheys go away.”


“Careful now, you’re beginning to sound like me.” Buffy chuckled. “However, I’m quite bothered that I seem to be losing my touch. Mending my soreness wasn’t actually what I had mind in spending an entire day to ourselves.”


Spike chuckled nervously, turning away from her. “I guess you didn’t hear me right, luv. I said – a few minutes- and once you’re done you’re gonna be sorry for teasing me.”


“Is that a promise?” she asked, grinning mischievously.



TBC


A/N: I hope this chapter didn’t suck much coz’ there’s not much development. But still, I would really really like to know what you think of it.

I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to update this story for quite a while. Due to the lack of time and constant writer’s block that I’d been having, I’ve decided that it was best to concentrate on one story first rather than just doing them for the sake of finishing them.

There are six more chapters left on this story and most of them are already finished so I’m hoping to make two more updates this week and another four next week.


Once again, I’d like to thank everyone who had read and supported my other story, “Love Me.”. As most of you probably already know, I’m taking a three-month break from writing once I’m finished with “For you I will”. For those who are interested in being including in my mailing list for new stories and possible sequel in the future, please email me at slaymuch@comcast.net and include the Subject “Spuffy”. Those who are already included in my mailing list need not email me again. Thanks!


Thanks to MB for betaing this chapter for me :- )
In the palm of your hand by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
Buffy went out of her room to look for Spike moments later. As much as she wanted to bask in the feeling of utter relaxation, she knew that she had to get out from the bathtub as soon as her body showed signs of pruning.


She had searched the entire house, including the backyard, but Spike was nowhere in sight. Getting back through the kitchen, she had already started to dial his home number when he noticed the piece of note he stuck on the fridge.

A tender look appeared on her face as she read it.


Dear Buffy,

Today is my mom’s 43rd birthday so I just went out quickly to visit her. Don’t worry. I won’t be gone very long. I’ll be back with Chinese for our lunch so that we won’t need to get out of the house.

I love you.


Yours,
Spike


*************
The day was cool and the sun was up high without a cloud in sight. The trees that overlooked the cemetery plots showed hints of green and little flowers. It was a good indication that Spring was indeed already here.


It was a scene Spike had grown familiar with for four years. He always made sure that he came to visit on every single one of her birthdays following her death.
He used to go there with so much bitterness surrounding him. He still missed her, but his heart however, didn’t quite feel as heavy as it did so many times before.


He missed her, yet unknowingly, hope flickered from his eyes as he carefully placed the flowers on Jenny’s grave.


“Happy birthday, Mom. You’re probably wondering why I came a tad bit late than I used to…No actually I take that back since you’re the one who used to ramble on about love and Buffy. You probably figured out that she and I will end up together sooner than I did.


“Well, the thing is I’ve finally told her the truth and the good thing is she seemed to love me back…” He went on. “I love her…but I’m not sure if she would still love me once she finds out what she’s getting herself into. She never knew the William who’s broken up inside… the man who blamed himself for losing you. He just went through so much that he’s not really sure if he still had a heart to give…”


*****************
Buffy went to the cemetery, determined to be Spike’s support if he needed her. As she came closer to Jenny’s grave, she caught a sight of Spike standing over his mom’s grave with his back facing her.


“…I love her, but I’m not sure if she would still love me once she finds out what she’s getting herself into. She never knew the William who’s broken up inside… the William who blamed himself for losing you. He just so much heart aches that he’s not really sure if he still had a heart to give…”


He sighed heavily. “I guess I’m just a bit clueless on how my life is going to turn out years from now, but one thing I do know for certain is that someday, I’m gonna ask her marry to marry me…And when that day comes I hope that she loves me enough to say yes.”



Buffy almost dropped the flowers that she was holding from the shock of hearing what he told Jenny. Oh.my.God! He’s gonna ask me to marry him.



“…I guess I’d better get going.” he said, his hand seemed to have come-up to wipe some tears from his eyes. “Don’t really want to keep my girl waiting. Once again, happy birthday mom…I’ll come visit you next month and I promise to bring her with me.”



Then as he turned, his surprise made him stumble to the ground when he saw that Buffy was standing right behind him. “Buffy.”



“I got bored so I thought I come and join you.” Buffy told him as nonchalant as she could. Her face was completely void of any emotion when she came to his side.


“Happy birthday, Jenny.” She murmured, placing the small bouquet of flowers beside the ones that he brought his mom.



“How long have you been standing there?” Spike asked nervously, scratching his head.



“Actually, I just got here.” She lied. “Why do you ask?”



Spike held back his sigh of relief. “Oh nothing… “


Buffy raised an eyebrow to show her curiosity over something that she already knows.


Spike placed an arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead. “I’m just glad that you came.”


****************

Buffy didn’t think her feet had touched the ground as they walked side by side towards her house. She felt giddy. And who could actually blame her since it wasn’t everyday that you get to hear the man that you love speak of his intention to marry you. It’s definitely something that her heart and mind wasn’t going get over soon. It took all willpower that she could muster in order to keep the delirious smile from showing on her face. If she’s not careful, Spike could easily figure out that something’s up since he’d been looking at her face every once in a while with a funny look on his face.


The two had stopped by at the Chinese take out station before they finally head for home. It was past noon and both their tummies were already grumbling by the time they had reached the house. But as soon as they got there, it really didn’t came as a surprise at all when it became clear to them that eating lunch was going to be the furthest thing on their mind.



The minute they had closed the door behind them, Spike had immediately pulled her roughly towards him and began kissing her like a starved man.


Moaning softly, Buffy responded by putting her arms around him and inserting a hand into his shirt. She erratically drew secret patterns on his belly as their kiss became wild and passionate. From the way their hands were responding to each other’s kisses, they would’ve probably ended up doing it on the floor if it weren’t for the sudden ringing on the phone that had managed to pierce through Buffy’s fogged senses.


“I better get that,” she said between pants as she felt his hand go around his waist to insert inside the back of her jeans.


“No, leave it, luv. That’s probably just some telemarketer…” He said, his voice trailing as his hand finally found what they were looking for. She gave out a cry of delight when she felt him squeezed gently.


“Ah!” Buffy gasped. “What if it’s mom?”


“Then you’ll just have to return her call after we’re done.”


“But what if she called to say that she’s on her way here?”


Spike froze as he tried to consider her point through his dazed senses. “Right. But you better make it quick then.”



Buffy ran to answer the phone, leaving a very very frustrated Spike behind.

*****************

Few minutes later, Buffy came back with a smile on her face. “I was right, that was mom.”


“Oh. In that case, I’m guessing she’s not actually on her way here judging from the look of pure naughtinesss written all over your face,” he teased, pulling her towards him again.


“Better,” she said. “She’s not gonna be home till tomorrow afternoon. And since tomorrow’s actually the beginning of Spring break, I’m thinking we should head out to the beach with the gang. The weatherman said it’s gonna be nice and warm the entire week.”


“Are you sure you want to invite the gang?” he asked, pouting. “Coz’ I kinda like the idea of having you all to myself.” Oh yeah…private beach…under the…


… bright moonlight…Skinny- dipping.
Buffy could feel the heat crawling up her cheeks as a very wet and waiting Spike became more vivid inside her mind. “Then it’s just gonna be us then.”


Buffy gave him a quick peck on the lips before her body stiffened.


“What’s wrong?”


“I just remembered,” she looked up at him with worried eyes. “Riley.”


“What about him?” he asked in annoyed manner.


“He still doesn’t know.”


“You could call him and tell him it’s over?”


“Nah, I’ll just do that tomorrow,” she said thoughtfully. “I don’t wanna break up with him over the phone.”


Spike could not help feeling worried. “I don’t think I like the idea of you going to meet with him alone. I think I’ll just go with you just to make sure.”


“No, you don’t need to. I’ll just ask him to meet me some place private like a café.”


“But-“


“Spike. I’ve spent enough time with him to know that he’s going to do anything foolish. I mean he’s just Riley. So you shouldn’t worry.”



“I still think I should go with you,” he insisted.


Buffy threw him a look of disbelief. “My, my. Who knew that Spike Giles would turn out to be one of those overprotective boyfriends that he himself would usually warn me from?”


Spike smiled awkwardly while his face slightly flamed. “I’m not being overprotective, I’m just-“


“What?” Buffy asked when he saw his teasing grin.


“Did you just call me your boyfriend?”


“I…I… well you know. I thought that was already a given since…” Buffy looked away from the intensity of his gaze. “I could take it back if you’re not ready for us to…”



Spike grabbed her arm. “Who said I was complaining, luv. I guess it’s just a matter of getting used to the fact that you feel the same way about me.”



“Spike, how I could not love somebody like you?”


“You don’t know me Buffy…”


“Don’t be silly, Will-yum. I know you. We’ve been practically been best friends all our lives!”



“That’s not what I meant.” he swallowed hard. “William is not the knight in shining armor type that you’ve been dreaming about since you were a kid. If I was, you would’ve been mine years ago.”


“Well the important thing is that now you know that I am…”


“You are what, pet?”


“Yours.” She whispered coyly.




TBC



A/N: Hi all! I wanna thank everyone who had responded to my update list! You guys are awesome! Thanks also for the lovely feedbacks on my last chap! Please let me know what you think of this new chap thanks!

Thanks again to MB for working with me on this chapter.
Missing by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
A/N: Please take note of the time that particular scene took place.


“Oh… Wow!”


“I second that...” Buffy breathe out heavily as her incredibly spent body collapsed on top of him. She peered at the clock on her night desk and blinked when it said 4 am. “You think that’s enough to cure our unrelenting insomnia?”


“I guess it should since that’s already that fourth time that we…(chuckles)”


“Damn really?! But I thought we hardly even started. “ Buffy teased. She giggled softly when she saw the renewed look of lust on his face. “You do know that I was only kidding.”


“Oh you are. But I thought may be we could…” He suggested with a wicked grin.


“Spike Giles!” Buffy teased him. “I never knew that you had a stamina of a vampire!”


“You and that vampire show luv. “Spike laughed, shaking his head. “Actually, you’re not the only one who’s surprised. Honestly, I’ve never been this way with someone before.”


Buffy looked at him with thoughtful eyes. “Not even with Dru?”


“No…not even with Dru.” He told her sincerely.


Buffy suddenly pulled away to lie beside him on the bed. “Oh.”


Bugger. “Is that a good Oh or a bad Oh?”


“No, just a plain regular oh.” And then she was silent, looking up at the ceiling with a wounded look on her face.



“Buffy, talk to me, luv.”


“Can’t we just let it go?”



“No. If we’re gonna go ahead with this relationship we have to start by not keeping things from each other.”


“I’m sorry. I know I was being irrational. It’s just that you and Dru have been together for so long…”


“But we’ve been together since we were six.”


“Not that kind of together together.” She said frowning. “And what I had with Riley doesn’t even compare.”


He clenched his teeth. Just the mere thought of Finn touching Buffy in any kind of way was enough to endow him with a sick feeling inside his stomach. He hoped that she’s not insinuating that she regretted not doing more with Finn. “Buffy…Are you sorry that you…”


“No.” Buffy cut in. “I’m not sorry.”


“This is bloody insane, luv. It’s not like I’ve cheated on you since we’re not even together back then. You have to know that all those times I was with Dru, I’ve never felt anything as…Buffy?” Spike halted his words when he realized that the petite blonde had already fallen into slumber.


“Good night, luv.” He said as he kissed her forehead. “I’m sorry that I made you upset.”


***************

Willow and the gang’s POV
(The next day) Thursday, 10 pm


The gang was at the Café Rayne when Willow’s phone suddenly rang.


“Hello…Oh hi Spike. No she’s not here. No she didn’t come back to our dorm room last night… Hold on I’ll talk to them.” Turning her attention to her friends, the red head asked. “Have you guys by any chance bumped into Buffy on your way here?”


They shrugged no.


“They said they haven’t seen her either…Wait a minute, where did you say was the last time you saw her?…What do you mean in her bed before dawn? oh….Oh!” She repeated with more conviction, her eyes went big as headlights as soon as she realized what Spike had meant.



Recovering quickly she added, “Maybe she just went out to do an errand…are you sure she didn’t leave you a note?… Don’t worry. I’m sure she’s okay...We’ll start looking for her too…We will.”


“What was that all about?” Xander asked.


“Buffy is missing.”



“God! Really for how long?” Anya asked.


“He doesn’t actually know. He said he just woke up and she wasn’t there.”


“What does he mean when he said that…oh.” Oz muttered to himself, his reaction reflecting the rest of the gang’s.


“So they finally made with the – groiny.” Anya said thoughtfully.


“And now she’s missing.” Xander pointed out with a frown.


“Maybe their sex was horrible.” Anya said.


Willow threw her a stern look. “Well, we’re not actually sure that she’s missing. I think Spike was just over-reacting.”



“Yeah for all we know she could be back at the dorm and you just missed her.” Xander said.



“Or may be she went to the mall. All that grinding action gave her the sudden urge to shop for shoes. ” Anya added lamely. “What?...I know I would.”




More than half an hour later, Willow and Xander were just coming out of the dorm house when Willow’s phone rang again. Her brows furrowed when the caller id indicated that it was Riley’s. “Hello Riley?…Oh God Buffy, where were you?…What?….Calm down, sweetie everything is going to be all right you’ll see…Okay I’ll tell him…”



“Please tell me that’s Buffy.” Xander said apprehensively.


“It is Buffy.”


“Oh thank God!” Xander’s big sigh of relief was cut short when he noticed the worried look on his friend’s face. “Willow, what’s with the big- Uh-oh –face? Buffy’s all right, is she?”


“Boy, I surely hope so.”


***************
Spike’s POV
Same day 10:02 am


“Yes, I was with her… Bugger! She couldn’t have just got up and decided to do an errand without telling me.” He barked as he raked through the back of his hair frustratingly. “Yeah I’ve checked everywhere and there is no note… Fuck, I shouldn’t have made her upset last night! Bloody hell!…No I can’t calm down until I see her…I hope so…Damn it, I have to go now and start looking for her…Just please call me as soon as you see her.”


Calm down, mate. For all you know, Buffy just went to the grocery store to buy some food. They were planning to have a picnic after all and the last time that he checked the fridge, they were fresh out of…well practically anything. But what really bugged him was the fact that she hadn’t answered her phone when he tried to call her a dozen times.


Spike muttered a string of curses as he hurriedly came out of the Summers house. Thinking that it would be faster to drive around and look for her, he was on his way to his home to get his car when he spotted Dru heading out his way.


“Why do you look so worried, Spike? Is something the matter?”



“Oh hey Dru. I just need to get my car and look for Buffy.”



“Buffy you say?”



“Why did you saw her?” Spike asked, hope suddenly lightened up his eyes.



Dru nodded. “Yeah. I just saw her a few minutes ago. ”


“You did?!!! Where?”


“Calm down Spike.” Dru coaxed. She paced the floor, looking like in deep thought before she went on. “I was walking my doggie, Russell when I saw her come out of the house.”


“And?”


“Then her boyfriend ummm what’s his name?”


“Riley.” Spike balled his fist as his blood began to boil with rage.


“Oh yeah, Riley. I saw them talked and then Buffy went with him in the car.”


“I should’ve known that bloody jerk was gonna kidnap her!”


“No actually, it didn’t look like he forced her. There was no sign of struggle and she seemed very happy to see him. I guess they had a lover’s quarrel of some sort since I overheard Buffy saying that she’s sorry and Riley said that he’s not willing to give her up and he’s gonna fight for her or something. Spike, where are you going?”


“I’m gonna go after them.”


“How about you let me take you there since my car’s already parked out front.”


************
Same day 9:30 am

After waking up, she’d spent a few minutes watching Spike sleep. All thoughts of worry and agitation created from the night before were completely gone from her mind. Moreover, she was rather feeling a bit foolish about how she’d reacted. Hoping that Spike would forgive her for her childishness, she began to think of a way to make it up to him.



She remembered that Spike had served her breakfast the day before and an idea came to her mind, so she quickly went down and head to the kitchen in her yummy sushi pajamas.


She opened the fridge then frowned. Oh no, we’re already fresh out of eggs and juice. She went back up in her room and changed into her jeans and tank shirt. She just came out of the house when her phone rang.



“Hello.”


“Buffy. How are you baby?”


“Riley.”


“I missed you. Can I come over and pick you up.”



“No. You don’t have to come here.” Buffy insisted, thinking that a Riley and Spike confrontation is not a good way to end their relationship. “Where are you?”



“I’m at my house but I’m just getting ready to go there.”


“Riley, just stay put and I’ll be there in a few.”


****************
10:00 am

“Hi!” Buffy greeted slyly when he opened the door for her.


“Come in. I hope you didn’t have breakfast yet. I’ve prepared you a little something. Don’t worry. It’s not crab soufflé.”


Buffy laughed nervously as she came into his house. “Actually I’m kind of in a hurry. Got other things to do and I just came to…”


“But I’m sure that whatever you got to say you can tell me over at the kitchen counter. I’ve made your favorite blueberry pancakes,” he said as he ushered her over into his kitchen. He got her a plate and a fork. “Here, grab some while they are still hot.”


“Riley, there’s something I have to tell you.” Buffy stated slowly, as she sat on the stool across from him. She could not help feeling guilty that she was about to ruin Riley’s happy mood.


“Okay. What is it about?”


“Do you remember what I told you the last time we saw each other? About giving our relationship a lot of thought.”


“I remember,” he said, his smile disappearing.



“I did that. I gave it a lot of thought and…” she took a deep breath and went on quickly before she could lose her nerve. “…I can’t marry you, Riley. I don’t think we should be together anymore.”


“Buffy are you sure? There must be some way that I could persuade you to reconsider…”


“I’ve already made up my mind.”


Riley shook his head and closed his eyes in exasperation. “I know you keep telling me that it has nothing to do with Spike but I know that he’s the reason and in fact the only reason why you’re leaving me.”


“You’re right, but he’s not the only reason. I just don’t feel anything for you other than brotherly love. I’m sorry. ” Buffy said, reaching out to comfort him.



Riley flinched. “No, I’m okay. Yeah I’m a bit heartbroken but I think I’m going to be fine. I just want you to know that I love you and I’ll always be here for you no matter what. It may seem that I’m letting you go for now, but don’t think for one second that I’m ever gonna give up on feeling this way about you.”



“Riley…”


“ It’s true. I’ll be waiting for you. Until you finally realized that I’m the one.” He said as he reached out for her hand.


Buffy had every intention not to pull away. She wanted to reassure him that everything’s going to be okay. Just as she reached out to touch his hand, Riley accidentally knocked down a glass full of juice. She gave a surprised yelp when most of it spilled over her shirt and pants.


“Oh damn I’m sorry!”


“No, it’s fine,” she said, standing up.


“I’ve made a mess,” he said apologetically.


“No big deal really, I’ll just go home and change.”


“But I think I have your old shirt and shorts.” Riley saw her confused reaction so he went on quickly, “You know, those extra clothes you brought when we all went to the beach with the gang. I never got around returning them.”


“Oh.”


“Why don’t go up to my bathroom and freshen up. I’ll make sure that the clothes are on the bed before you come out.”

***********
10:30 am

“Finn! Open up! I know that she’s there!” Spike yelled from outside as he banged on the door several times. “If you don’t open the door right now, I’ll…”


Riley cut the rest of his words when he finally opened the door. “What the hell’s wrong with you? Can’t you even take a hint when people don’t want to be disturbed?”


Spike felt his stomach turn at the site of Riley in just his pants and his hair was all messed-up.


“Where’s Buffy?” Spike asked, fuming.


Dru was not far behind. She just stood by her car, watching the scene as it begin to unfold.


“Where else do you think she is?” Riley said with a triumphant grin.


Spike shoved him off, sending the taller guy sprawled onto the floor.


“If you harmed her in any way, I swear to God! You’re gonna regret that you ever set foot on this planet!” he warned him. His eyes could’ve frozen a hot coal as he stared furiously at him before he ran up the stairs with ground eating strides.

**************


”Riley?”


Completely oblivious to what was happening downstairs, Buffy popped her head from the bathroom several minutes after she took of her clothes and washed away remnants of the juice from her skin. Thinking that he probably left the clothes on his bed, she placed a towel around her before she headed out.



Wariness began to overtake her senses when she saw no clothes had yet been prepared for her. She swallowed hard as she started to suspect that Riley had other things on his mind when he sent her there.


She looked at her vulnerable state and whimpered. She would be completely trapped and defenseless should Riley come barging into the room and have his way with her.


Just then she heard the door slam open. Startled, she clutched the towel around her, expecting to see Riley ready to pounce on her. But as soon as her eyes landed upon Spike standing by the doorway, she immediately let out a sigh of relief. “Spike! I’m so glad that you’re…”


Buffy lost her speech as soon as HIS cold blue menacing eyes pinned her to the spot. She had never seen Spike look this upset in her life. His jaw clenched before he quickly turned on his heel and walked away.


“Wait where are you going?” She quickly ran to his side. “Spike?”


He halted, getting control of his emotion before he retorted, “So there I was worrying myself to death, thinking that Riley….Bloody Hell! How I could I have been so stupid!”



Green eyes stared at him in bewilderment before it suddenly dawned on him what her appearance might seem to look from his perspective.


“No it’s not what you think!” She pleaded.



“What else could IT be, Buffy! God help me if this has something to do with last night…This is what it is, right?” he demanded. “You got jealous over Dru so you came to Riley to get even!”



“What?!!! I didn’t do that! Spike will you please listen to me.” She begged desperately. Her tears had already began to fall frantically all over her cheeks as she followed Spike into the living room. “Nothing happened. I was just…Spike stop!”



Not listening, Spike went and sought out Riley who just finished putting a shirt over his head. “Finn.”


The second Riley turned, Spike’s hand came up and his fist connected harshly with his nose. Spike stepped out of the house, his duster swaying along with his rage-filled body.


“Spike!” Buffy yelled and was about to run after him, even with just a towel covering her body, when she spotted Dru waiting for Spike by the car.



The bleached blonde finally turned to her as he took the seat beside Dru’s in her car. “It was good while it lasted, luv…But, you two truly deserve one another!”


The hateful look that Spike had given her, his angry voice and the look of triumph over Dru’s face was something that will forever be imprinted in her head.


Buffy slowly came to Riley’s open arms and broke down. “ I can’t believe he left me.”


“It’s okay Buffy. Spike’s a fool for not trusting you.”


“Do you mind if I could use your phone.” She told Riley after she stopped crying. “I sort of forgotten to recharge mine last night.”


“Sure Buffy.”

************
At exactly 10:45 am


“Hello, Riley?” Came Willow’s hesitant voice.


“No it’s me, Will?”


“Oh God Buffy! Where were you?”


“Oh Willow, Spike left me.”


“He what?”


“He thought I was cheating on him and then next thing I knew, he just got into Dru’s car and left me. Oh God, what I am going to do? How can I explain to him that he had it all wrong! How can I…”


“Calm down, sweetie. Everything is going to be all right, you’ll see.”


“Willow can you ask Xander to come and get me? I’m over at Riley’s.”


“Okay I’ll tell him.”


Click.



TBC


A/N: And so the angst begins. Please let me know what you think of this chapter…pretty please? I need to know if I pissed a lot of people in this chappy. If I did, So sorry about that. The coming chapters are gonna be hard on our favorite couple but hopefully not to hard coz’ I’m not much into too angsty kind of stuff. I do enjoy reading them but not writing them, lol!

Btw, thank to all those who reviewed on my last chap. Thanks to my beta, MB for working on the chap with me!
Goodbye by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
“I’m sorry about what happened.” Dru told him as they pulled by the driveway.


“Thanks for driving me, Dru,” he said gloomily.


“Anytime, Spike. I’ll always be here for you.”


“I know,” he nodded. He really was glad that he could count on her, especially during times when he badly needed someone to turn to.


Dru placed a hand over his. “I haven’t stopped caring about you, Spike.”


“Dru…”


“Ever since I made a mistake of letting you go, there wasn’t a time that I looked back and never regretted doing it,” she said as she moved closer until their faces were barely an inch apart.


He doesn’t really know what came over him. At this point, he couldn’t really tell whether it was the anger or the fact that he desperately needed someone to hold on to that prodded him to accept her kiss when she brushed her lips over his.


Spike groaned into her mouth as what started out as light feathery strokes soon transformed into something more heated and desperate.


Dru kissed him hungrily. A satisfied moan escaped her lips as soon as Spike’s tongue pushed through the line between her lips. She slipped a hand inside his shirt and used her nails to trace the taut lines on his abdomen.


“Come inside, Spike. Let me help you forget about Sunshine.”


Spike desperately wanted to forget Buffy even just for a while. He would’ve done it, give in to the urge just to spite her. Instead, he found himself shaking his head. What would’ve been an offer that he couldn’t have resisted turned out to be cold water dousing over his dazed senses.


“Dru…You don’t know how tempted I am to go with you, but I just can’t right now. I’m sorry, pet,” he said as he went out of the car.


Dru quickly followed him.


“I knew that it was too soon but I still went ahead and did it anyway.” She told him foolishly. “But I do want to ask you a favor if that’s all right.”


“What is it?”


“I was wondering if you would like to be my date for my dad’s party this Saturday.”


He nodded. “Sure I’ll go with you.”


“Really?!!!” Dru beamed. “That’s wonderful, Spike! I guess I’ll just see you then.”


*************

Spike didn’t really knew how he got there, but somehow a few minutes after Dru dropped him off, he ended up in his room, holding a bottle of Jack Daniels which he managed to rummage from his Dad’s cupboard.


The fact that he wasn’t drunk enough to pass out was getting into his nerves. How old was his dad’s whisky anyway? Isn’t it supposed to get stronger the older it gets?


When the phone rang, Spike didn’t move to answer it. Instead he let the machine take it especially when he knew who could be calling from the other end.


“Hi this is Spike, obviously I’m not here so you know what to do after the beep…”


Beep.


“Hello Spike…Please answer the phone. I know you’re there…(sighing heavily)…Anyway if you’re not please give me a call when you get the chance (her voice cracks)…I so badly needed to talk to you...”CLICK.


Spike stared at his empty glass and refused to let his emotions take over. The bloody bint had no right…She had no right to tell him she loved him and then…


The phone rang again.


“Hi this is Spike, obviously I’m not here so you know what to do after the beep…”


Beep.


“Spike,” came Buffy’s weak voice. “It’s me again. I really need to talk to you…I know you are there. I feel you are there, William. You have to listen to me. You know me well enough to know that I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you. Spike please pick up the phone and talk to me…(sobbing lightly)…You have to believe me. I did not-”



The rest of Buffy’s words were lost when Spike roughly yanked the phone from its plug and sent the equipment crashing on the floor. He sat on his bed and drank the remainder of his dad’s whisky as he finally let the tears come.




*****************


Three more days passed and Spring break was over. Buffy was already dead set on not going to school if it weren’t for her mom’s prodding. The older Summers even took the time to take her to school herself, telling her that everything was just a misunderstanding and she’s a hundred percent sure that once Spike knew about the truth, he will come running back to her. After all, the important thing is that he never stopped loving her. Once it’s all out in the open, everything’s gonna be okay.


Amidst their deep conversation, Buffy had asked her mom how she ever got the notion that Spike was the cause of all her misery, when she didn’t even know that they got together in the first place.


“It was inevitable, sweetie. I knew that you and Spike are gonna end up together. I just didn’t know when and how.” She said thoughtfully. “Oh honey, If you’ve only seen how he looked at you when you fell of that tree years ago, you wouldn’t be doubting for a second that you’d be back together again. He loves you.”


Oh I wish you were right, mom, she thought disdainfully as she dragged her feet down the hall that would lead to her first class.


“Over here Buffy!” She heard Willow call from the other end of the classroom.


“Hi Will,” she greeted back, trying to put some energy into her voice but failing miserably.


“Are you okay?”


“Been better.”


“So were you able to talk to him yet?”


“No.”


“Would you like me to talk to him for you?” Willow offered.


“No, it’s okay. I think I did all I can to convince him. It’s really up to him now.”



“He’s really being a jerk for not listening to you. I mean how could he not trust…”



Buffy wondered what caused for Willow to lose the color from her face. “Why? What’s wrong?” Swallowing hard, she followed the red head’s stare and felt her heart get crushed at the sight of Spike entering the classroom with Dru. “Oh.”


She was sure he wasn’t going to find her amidst the number of kids that had gathered in front of her, but it only took a few seconds before his eyes zeroed in on her. When his blue eyes met her green ones, breathing properly soon became an issue. They both stared at one another for some time, as if not remembering where they were until Dru came to his side and coaxed him to take the seat beside her.


Buffy felt like the room has suddenly gotten smaller. She can’t believe what she was seeing. Spike had gotten back together with Dru? That good for nothing loony ho had managed to steal him away from her again? Why does it keep on happening to her?


“I hope that all of you got a very nice spring break.” Ms. Rory told them. “And since that’s over, I trust that all of you did your homework over the long weekend….”


“Homework? What homework?” Buffy whispered frantically at Willow.


“Remember that short essay about Shakespearean novels?”


“Oh THAT homework.”


“What’s the matter? Did you forget to bring them?”


“Actually I didn’t forget to bring them since there weren’t any them in the first place.”


Willow looked at her in shock. “You forgot to do them?”


“Unfortunately yeah.”



“Now I’ve assigned Ms. Kendall to call out your names and then you’re going to hand over your essay her.” Ms. Rory stated. “Since the teachers have a staff meeting that starts about half an hour, you can leave as soon as you hand over your homework.”


“Alright I’m gonna call out your names alphabetically, but I’m gonna start from the last letter.” Harmony announced.



“Why the last letter?” Parker Adams who was in hurry to leave the class asked. “Why don’t you just do it like everyone else does?”



“Because I want to.” Harmony told him defiantly and this earned a few oh’s and snickers from the class. “ Okay…let’s start with Christopher White….”



**************

“I know that it’s wrong and I won’t usually ask this, but do you have any extra work by any chance that I could use? You know how Ms. Rory gets whenever a student neglects to do a homework.” Buffy asked.



“Why, what will she do?” Willow asked, her eyes drifting to where Spike was sitting. A ghost of a smile played upon her lips when she caught him looking at Buffy with a worried look on his face. But the bleached blonde had quickly turned his attention elsewhere as soon as he realized he was being watched.



“An automatic D.”


“Oh.” The redhead replied, feeling bad for her friend. “I’m sorry but I don’t I have one.”



“Then I’m doomed.”

****************

“Michelle Tan… thank you. Molly Stewart…great…Buffy Summers….”


“Damn it,” Buffy muttered to herself.


“Buffy Summers,” Harmony called again.


“Is Buffy Summers here?” Ms. Rory asked.


Buffy tentatively raised her hand before she stood up. “I’m here.”



“Where’s your essay, Ms. Summers.”


“Well you see ummm. Here’s the thing…I sort of for-”


“Oh here it is!”


All eyes that were originally on Buffy turned to deep British voice that suddenly emerged from the class.


“She accidentally left her essay on my folder when we worked on it two days ago.” Spike reasoned out as he gave the paper to Harmony.


“I see.” Ms. Rory commented as she looked between him and Buffy who kept opening and closing her mouth like a fish. “Let me see that.”


Harmony gave the paper to the doubtful professor.


“You’re missing the cover page.”


“The cover page?” You mean the one that has my name on it. “ Oh that…I must’ve forgotten it in the house.”



“And where’s your work Mr. Giles?”



“Here you go, Ms. Rory.” He gave the one he was holding with his other hand.


“I thought I specifically indicated that you write an essay Mr. Giles and not a poem.”



“Right um…” Spike scratched his head. “You see Ms. Rory…When you mentioned about Shakespeare… the first thing that came to my mind was…how this homework would look better if it was a poem.” Yeah, he knew exactly how lame it sounded.


“Except that I didn’t ask you to write a poem.” Ms. Rory snarled then looked at Buffy. “Ms. Summer I’ll gave you until this after noon to submit the cover page and Mr. Giles…”


“Yeah.”


“I feel bad that you didn’t follow directions. How sad that you used to be one of the top ten students on my list and now that D is just gonna hurt your grade.”


“I’m sorry, Ms. Rory.”


“I’m sorry too.”


************

Buffy breathe in and out, as she waited outside the classroom. Soon Spike’s gonna be coming out of the classroom and she’ll be able to explain to him what really happened. It shouldn’t be so hard since what he had done for her several minutes ago clearly showed that he still got feelings for her.


Then when he finally came out, Buffy’s hopeful feeling was slightly dampened from the fact that Dru’s arms were hooked around Spike’s when he came out of the classroom. However, that didn’t stop her from approaching them.


“Spike, can I talk to you…alone?”


Dru shot her a menacing look as she tugged at Spike’s arms. “Come on Spike. We’re gonna be late for our next class.”


Spike’s eyes were still cold when he turned to Buffy. He didn’t say anything but his expression told her that he was not about to give her a minute of his time.


“Spike please? It will be quick. I promise.”


“Let’s go Spike.” Dru started to drag Spike away. Then a scowl crossed her face when she realized that Spike had not move.


“I’ll be right with you Dru.”


Hope flickered in Buffy’s eyes when Spike finally approached her.



“I just want to thank you for helping me back there.”



“You’re welcome.” He said, looking at everywhere but her.



“Spike-”


“Don’t think for a second that I did it for you.” He told her harshly. “I would have done that for anyone so please don’t turn it into something it’s not.”



“Will you listen to me.” She demanded. “I wasn’t cheating on you Spike. I was-“



“Just getting even?” he continued for her.



“How can you even say that to me.” Tears were already threatening to spill as she stared between him and Dru. “Are you together now? What, you just decided to go back to her after what happened yesterday?”


The look on her face combined with desperation on her voice almost made Spike want to forget all the hurt she’d caused him and just comfort her. Almost.


“Just forget about me, Buffy.”


“Does this mean that we’re not even best friends anymore?”


“I don’t know.” And with that last reply, he left without looking back.



TBC


A/N: This is the last time you’ll see the angst in this story. I apologize if the last two chaps had been pretty hard on our couple. I’m getting rid of it. The next chapter is where I would start putting all these storylines together. Please let me know what you think of this story so far.

Also, to go with the mood of this chappy, I’m recommending a music vid for you to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlJ85kE1fY&feature=PlayList&p=A24407A75F4A14F5&index=23


This wonderful vid has been edited by Nadya who happens to be one of my favorite Spuffy vidders in You tube. Please go check out here other vids when you can.


Thanks to MB as well for betaing this chappy for me!
Unexpected by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
Friday evening


Buffy knocked on the door to Riley’s pad.


“Hi.” Riley greeted with a blinding smile when he saw who was at the other side of the door.


“Hi.” Buffy winced when she noticed the bandage on Riley’s nose.


“Why don't you come in.” Riley said. “I’m just about getting ready for dinner. I made spaghetti and there’s more than enough for both of us.”


“No, that’s okay. I’m not gonna stay. I just want to apologize for what happened…Spike shouldn’t have hit you. It’s all my fault. I should’ve told him I was going to meet you in the first place.”



“It’s all right. It was just a little misunderstanding I guess. The important thing is that you finally made up…You two already made up, right?



Buffy shook her head “No.”



“Oh.” Riley hid a smile. “The guy is obviously a jerk. I mean how could he not trust you.”



Buffy sighed. Riley is right. Spike should’ve trusted her. “It wasn’t really fair. We just got together and I thought for sure that everything was going to be great from then on. It was then that I came here to break up with you. I mean what are the odds that Spike would come here and find me while…”


Buffy broke off as she looked at Riley with questioning gaze.


“What?”


“Oh my God! I can’t believe it!” She exclaimed.


“What? Buffy, what’s wrong?” Riley asked her guiltily.



“You and Dru planned this whole thing.” Buffy stared accusingly at him.
“Spike didn’t come over here with is own hunch. Someone must’ve told him to.”



“Buffy, I don’t know how you got that ridiculous idea but I understand. You are hurting and it’s only normal for you to- Ow! Damn it!“



Buffy cut him off as she threw a big punch on his injured nose. “And just how dense did you think I am?”



*********************
Saturday Morning


“Come in honey,” she replied when she heard her mom knocked from the other side of the door.


Joyce stared at her daughter with worried eyes. She hardly ate for the last three days, and the only time that the younger Summers had gone out of her room that day was to get a glass of water.



“Are you sure that you don’t want to go out and hang with your friends.”


“You’re one strange mom,” she commented lightly, not moving from her position.


“Why is that?”



“Some moms would prefer their kids to stay indoors than hang out with their friends.”


Joyce chuckled. “Well it is better than have you mope in the house all day.”


“I’m wasn’t moping.”


“Oh, what were you doing?”


“Just lying around and doing nothing,” she debated lamely.


“I see.” Joyce sat on the side of her bed.


“Two days ago, Spike got a D because of me,” Buffy explained.


“How did that happen?”



Buffy told her what happened that day, starting from the time she realized she forgot her homework down to the part where Spike told her off. “It was like he’s a totally different person. He doesn’t care for me anymore.”



“Now that doesn’t make any sense, does it?” Joyce pointed out. “Him getting the D so you won’t have to. Tell me, if that’s not a clear sign that he still cares about you then I don’t know what is.”



“I can’t believe how I let those monsters played us, mom.”



“Well, the important thing is you found out about it before things got out of hand.” Joyce sat on the side of her bed. “Once you’ve explained it to Spike things will…”



“No, he won’t and honestly, I’m not even sure if I want to tell him about it either. I mean it doesn’t matter whether we’ve been manipulated or not, the bottom line is Spike didn’t trust me and I don’t think that I’ll be able to forgive him for that.”



“Oh sweetie, things will be okay. I know it will.” Joyce coaxed. “Remember when your Dad left? We thought we weren’t even gonna get through that horrible day but look at us now.”



“Yeah, it felt like the end of the world then.”


“I think we’re doing pretty well.” Joyce pointed out. I know that growing up would’ve been much easier if your dad was around, but there are just some things in life that we can’t control…”



“Mom about dad…” Buffy was about to tell her mom about her secret meetings with her dad when her words were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.



“Were you expecting someone?” Buffy asked. ”If it’s Spike. Could you please tell him that I’m not here?”



“I wonder who could that be?” Joyce mumbled as she made her way to the foyer.



When she opened the door, all vestige of color drained from her face when she realized who was waiting outside.



“Hi Joyce.”



Joyce opened her mouth several times but no words would come out.


Curiosity got the best of her as Buffy popped her head slightly from the kitchen to take a quick look on who was behind the door. But as soon as she heard the familiar voice, Buffy’s heart hitched in her throat. Quickly, she stepped out of hiding and exclaimed, “Dad!”



*****************

“Coffee anyone?” Buffy offered as she put the tray on the table.


A knife could cut through the tension brewing inside the living room as the two grown-ups sat across each other. Joyce appeared to be suddenly interested with the painting on the side of the wall while Hank fiddled with his thumb, staring at his ex-wife with an awed look of expression.


“If you guys need anything just holler. I’ll be at my room upstairs…I’ll be ummm.” Buffy’s voice trailed when she realized that her parents weren’t actually paying attention to her anymore. Quickly, she went upstairs to leave the two alone.


“You look good.” Hank told Joyce in a tentative manner. “I love what you did with the house. It’s quite different from the last time that I’ve -“


“Why are you here?” Joyce quickly cut in, her voice thick with emotion.


“I…I came to ask for your forgiveness.” Hank sighed deeply, expecting the cup of hot coffee to come flying his way any time soon.



Joyce stared at her husband like he’d grown a second head.



“Joyce?”



Joyce looked at him warily. “Why are you really here?”


“I told you I came to…”



“I haven’t seen you in years. You cannot just come here and tell me you’re sorry when you’re not.”



“Joyce, please calm down.”


“I can’t just calm down. You left us without even saying goodbye and we hardly heard from you since then. I mean I know we had our differences and we argued a lot but what our daughter had to go through, she didn’t deserve any of that.”



“I know. I messed up real bad. The truth is I’m not even sure that you were going to let me in the house.” Hank told her. “But I’m grateful that you did.”



“If our daughter wasn’t here that would’ve been another story.”



“Joyce, I’m sorry for all the heartaches that I’ve caused you and Buffy. I’m sorry that I left you. “


“Hank…”


“Before you say anything, I want you to know that I’m not expecting anything from you or from our daughter. I just came to let you know how sorry I am and to let you know that I’m moving back to Sunnydale.”


************

Buffy looked at her mom apprehensively when the door opened to her room. “ So did you forgive him yet?”


“Buffy I don’t think I’m ready to…”


“But he suffered too, mom. Ever since Amy left him five years ago, he’d been wanting to come back to us but he was afraid that you will shut him out just like he did with us.”


“How did you know all this?”


“I was eavesdropping a little…” Buffy lied.


“Buffy,” Joyce warned.


Uh-oh, That tone could only mean that…“He didn’t tell you?”


“No.”


“Ooops.” Buffy said awkwardly before she finally told her mom about her secret meetings with her dad. “I’m sorry. I hope you’re not angry enough to ground me.”


“You wish.” Joyce told her good-naturedly. “I’m upset though that you felt the need to go behind my back to meet with your father. I would’ve let you, you know.”


“Well it was his idea. He was scared of what your reaction’s going to be.”


“Your father knows me.”


“So are you and Dad okay now?”


“I’m not sure yet. But I think with a little help from you, anything’s quite possible.”




*****************




“Hi sweetie,” he greeted, as he saw her come down the stairs.


“Hi Dad.” She piped. “So you’ve finally made through the door without a scratch. I had to say that I’m quite impressed.”


Hank chuckled. “Your mom told me about your boy trouble.”


“So she hadn’t actually forgiven you yet but she managed to talk to you about my problems.”


“I actually asked her how you were. I guess she thought talking about you would momentarily stir away the conversation from me and her.”


“I’m fine, Dad.”


“You don’t look fine.”


“I am now that you are here. You ARE moving here, right?”


“Actually not HERE here but I’ll be closer since I’m moving back to Sunnydale.”


“Oh.”


“I’m currently staying at a hotel but I’m going to get my things in LA, patch things up with work, and probably be back here in a week.”


“So you found work here?”


“As a matter of fact, I did. Rupert actually helped me out a lot on that one.”


“I see.” Buffy’s face suddenly fell at the mention of Spike’s dad. “Dad, can I ask you a favor?”


“Sure sweetie.”


“When you go back to LA tomorrow, can I go with you?”

*************

Dru’s mom called out for her from the other side of the door. “ Dru, your date is here honey.”


The young brunette giggled loudly. “Really? Could you please send him up?”


Dru quickly put some finishing touches to her make up before she stood up and smoothed out her gown.


The last two days had been incredibly frustrating for her since Spike had been mostly trying to ignore every one, including her. Whenever she would bump into him, he’s always seemed on the run. She never counted on the possibility of him brushing her off each time she would try to get close. That wasn’t what she’d expected at all. It irked her that the only progress that she was able to make with him was the kiss that they’d shared three days ago. Other than that, Spike had been pretty elusive except during times that they had shared classes with Buffy. No matter, all that is going to change tonight, she wickedly thought to herself.


Ecstatic with the little image she played in her head, she literally jumped from where she was standing when the door suddenly opened “I thought you were never gonna- oh it’s you. What the hell do you want?”



Apparently, it was Dru’s younger brother, Derek who came in and not Spike. Derek eyed her with a look of disgust and replied. “Just wanted to remind you about that bet we made. It’s been almost a week and you still haven’t paid me.”


“You’re asking me that now! Are you insane? No wait, say no more coz’ I already know you are! Why don’t you just leave me alone and we’ll just discuss payment tomorrow.”


“Fine!” He retorted as he accidentally bumped into Spike on the way out.


“Wonder what that was about.” Spike mumbled.


“Oh you know Derek. He’s just being his annoying self.” Dru explained as she slowly came to him. “You look so magnificent in that tux.”


“And I like that dress that you’re wearing.”


Dru turned her back to him. “Do you mind if you zip my back for me?”


A light grin appeared from his face when he was treated with the long expanse of her back that went all the way down to her buttocks. Apparently, she wasn’t wearing any knickers. “So where’s this party anyway? I thought it was going to be here.”


“Oh did I forget to tell you? Dad is throwing this huge party to impress the bosses of his company. It’s going to be held at one of biggest hotels in Sunnydale.”


“Must be a really big party then. So what’s the name of this hotel that we’re going to, pet? ”


“Athenea.”



TBC


A/N: First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who had left a review on my last chap. Even if some of them may not have been positive, it’s totally all right since I respect all your opinions and different views. As I’ve said before, the outline to the story had already been made prior to writing it and so far, the only change that has been made was eliminating one chapter that wasn’t really that relevant. Let me assure you that I have no intention of making anyone upset nor would I turn to any form of retaliation. It is simply for the reason that 1. It is totally not in my nature and 2. I didn’t find anything offensive at all. I mean there were some who didn’t choose their words carefully but I always take them as something that they had said at the spur of the moment, just like how Spike had reacted over seeing Buffy with just a towel on, lol. Some people just know how to control their emotions better than the others and I completely understand that.

Some of you have given a very clever and insighful analysis of whether Spike cheated on Buffy or not.
While it is true that Spike had reacted irrationally, his actions have been so far realistic and true to his character in this story. Nichole had mentioned that Spike might’ve had something in his past that is affecting his way of thinking. That is so true, sweetie. It has nothing to do with Dru, but Spike is being insecure and untrusting mostly for the reason that at some part of his life, he thought that his mom had cheated on her dad and that she only stayed on her marriage due to her promise not to leave him. (Please refer to chapter 36 for this.)


As for the rest of the questions, I think this chapter had pretty much answered some of them. I believe that the upcoming chapters are gonna be really interesting so I’ll try to make time to post all of them within the week. Also I would like to thank XOXOXO for pointing out that little error I made with regards to detention. My mind had obviously mixed up this Spuffy with the HS fic Spuffy when I was writing this. Sorry about that, lol.

Again thanks to MB for betaing this entire story for me!
The Truth by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
“Athenea?”


“Yeah…have you heard about it? They said it’s one of the finest if not the best accommodations in California.” Well of course she knows it. She was indeed there with Riley spying on him and Buffy dancing in the great big ballroom.


“Well the I thing is I actually know the place since I happen to…”


His words were suddenly interrupted when Derek suddenly barged into the room again with a box full of comic books.



“Guess what I saw in the attic yesterday?” He chirped with an intimidating grin.



Dru’s face instantly paled the moment her eyes zeroed in on the comic books that Spike gave her years ago. “What the bloody hell are you doing with them?! Those are mine!”


“No, they’re my comic books now!” Derek retorted. “I want these instead as payment for that bet we had days ago.”


“Fine! Just take them!” Dru told Derek alarmingly.


She grabbed the box and shoved it against his 15-year old brother, hoping that Spike didn’t remember the comic book that he had lent her years ago. If he did it, it would have been awkward since not only did she forget to give it back, she was also fairly certain that she left Buffy’s letter in there, the same place where she found it.


“So, you and Derek are still not getting along,” Spike stated the obvious.


“You know how kids are and comic books.”



“Can’t really blame him. I know I used spend so much time reading them. The Eight wonder is my all time fa-“


“Right!” Dru cut in frantically, “You know I think we should go now. Daddy doesn’t like it when people miss his welcoming speech.”


Intent on steering Spike away as far she could from her house, Dru had practically dragged the bleached blonde by his elbow to the driveway. Dru doesn’t like the idea of arriving in the party with Spike’s old Desoto. Seriously, not in the beautiful Armani gown that she was wearing! She was going to suggest that they take her jaguar when she saw the Blue convertible Porsche that was parked right outside her house. Her eyes went wide.


“Wow Spike! This is gorgeous! You shouldn’t have bothered to impress me. Renting this baby must’ve costs you a lot of money.”



“Actually…” Spike was about to tell her that he owned the car, but the thought of having to explain to her how he happened to own one in the first place made him think otherwise.



The truth was he doesn’t really care what Dru thinks. He supposed that her surprised reaction would be really a fun thing to watch once she learns that he actually owns the hotel that they were going to.


**********

Their vehicle arrived along with the very long line of luxurious cars that pulled up at the entrance. Several heads turned their way as Spike came out of the car with Dru.


The guy definitely knows how to carry himself, Dru mused to herself as she saw him handed the key to the valet and gave him a tip.


“What a load of surprise you’re turning out to be today!” Dru beamed.


“I just want to make sure he takes real good care of it, pet.”


“Right, since it’s only a rental. But wouldn’t it be nice if you actually owned one.”


“Maybe if win the lottery.” He chuckled lightly.


“May I say that you look really awesome in that suit, Mr. Giles,” Snyder’s voice emerged from the side just as they stepped into the building. He immediately offered the two a glass of wine.


“Oh you two know each other?” Dru asked as she accepted the drink.


Eager to make amends with his future boss, Snyder answered apprehensively. “Of course, ma’am since I happen to work for him after all.”


Spike almost choked on the wine he just sipped.


“What he meant was I worked WITH him, isn’t that right, Snyder?” he said, giving the manager a secret look. “I worked part time as a ummm bus boy here last summer.”


“Right. A bus boy.” Snyder agreed, sneaking a questioning look at Spike. “Would you like for me to escort you to the ballroom, sir?”


“Certainly.”


***************

“Daddy, you remember our neighbor Spike, right?”


Mr. Quentin Travers Thompson eyed Spike from head to toe with pure distaste. He doesn’t know what his daughter sees in the boy. While it is true that he’s a quite a handsome young man especially when he’s dressed up under the pretense of being rich even when he’s not. If he had his way, he’d rather have Drusilla end up with someone like Riley who every one knows came from a very wealthy family.


“Yes, yes.” The older man replied, ignoring Spike’s extended hand. “I’m assuming that it’s your first time to attend a function so extravagant as this one.”


“You’re absolutely right, sir.” Spike held back his look of amusement. During those times that he had dated Dru, there wasn’t a single moment where he had passed on an opportunity to throw an insulting remark his way. Spike could practically imagine the old man’s jaw dropping to the floor once he revealed the extent of his financial status. Wouldn’t that be so priceless?


“I see. Well, the only thing I could advise you is to try not to knock down anything expensive and you’ll absolutely get by.”


“Daddy…” Dru warned.


“Well I’ll see you later darling.” Quentin gave a quick kiss on Dru’s cheek. “Got some guests to entertain and nice seeing you again uhhhmmm Mike.”


“It’s Spike, sir,” The bleached blonde corrected.


“Right.” Dru’s dad drawled nonchalantly as his attention got quickly caught-up with another guest who had arrived.



“Daddy’s just nervous about the party,” Dru asked, wondering slightly why Spike looked unaffected by her dad’s insulting remarks. “Care to dance, Spike?”


“It’s alright. I’m already used to your dad’s banter.” Spike said, his eyes catching the site of a very large cake on the way to the dance floor. “That is definitely one very large cake!”



“Thank you, I made that myself!” said the blonde chef who suddenly appeared from behind them. “How come you didn’t tell us you were coming, Mr. Giles? We would have prepared something really nice for you.”



“Nice one, Andrew! But as I told you on the phone a while ago that I wouldn’t be able to bus for you.” Spike laughed nervously “So why don’t run along and tell Mr. Gunn that I won’t be working tonight since I’m a guest of Ms. Thompson here.”



“Come on let’s dance, pet.” Spike told Dru, leaving the very bewildered looking Andrew to himself.



“My, that was a little awkward and embarrassing.” Dru stated as she put her arms around him and started to sway to the song. “Of all the hotels you would’ve gotten for a summer job, you had to pick this one.”


“I’m sorry about that,” he apologized.


“It’s all right, Spike. I don’t really care who you are or where you’re from. What matters is that now you’re here with me.” She said as she buried her face into his neck.


Spike closed his eyes and willed his mind to focus on the girl in his arms. He left his house with full intent to get lost in Dru’s charms, since Buffy had never once left his mind ever since he last saw her in school the other day. Her face had constantly haunted him everywhere he went. Every time his eyes would catch a sight of a long wavy blonde haired girl his breath would get caught in his throat and left him a feel of emptiness within his heart.



Looking over the bar, his eyes widened when he saw Fred, Andrew, Jonathan and Charlie giving him a disapproving look. He quickly averted his gaze and tried to block out their faces as well. God! How could he forget Buffy when all these people seemed to serve as a big reminder of the special times that he had spent with her!



“Man, this is wrong.” Charlie told them.


“I don’t like the girl he’s with.” Andrew remarked.


“Maybe they broke up.” Fred said.


“But they looked so in love.” Jonathan pointed out.


“No they don’t.” Andrew retorted.


“Not them, dummy,” Jonathan explained. “Spike and Buffy.”


Andrew sighed. “Oh yeah our very own Anakin and Amedala.”


“So,” Charles started, turning his attention to Fred. “Did you call damage control yet?”


“As a matter of fact I did.” Fred replied with a twinkle in her HIS? eye. “We’re lucky that he’s actually upstairs giving one of his clients a tour.”


“We just hope that it works though.” Jonathan stated.


************

Two minutes later, the song ended and another one began. As the intro to the song “What Hurts The Most” started to play, memories of him and Buffy dancing in this very same ballroom began flashing back inside his head.


I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm ok
But that's not what gets me





What the bloody hell’s wrong with me? The girl obviously doesn’t love him like she said, if she really did, she wouldn’t have cheated on him. And there’s no coming back from that. But what if he’s wrong?


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do



Well he couldn’t be wrong since he saw it with his very own eyes. But what did he actually see? Bloody hell, could it be possible that it was all a misunderstanding and his own insecurity had clouded his better judgment once again?


It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' It
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken


No, it can’t be.
Somewhere in his mind is a stubborn part of him that wanted to believe he was right. Why? Because if he just allows that tiny possibility that he was wrong sink in, then…Oh God…


What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do



************
Meanwhile at the bar, the crew watched as Spike ushered Dru to a corner.


“And the show begins.” Charlie said.


“Thanks for the help and oh I love how you worked your pitch with the high notes.” Fred said.

“Glad that I could be of assistance.” Lorne remarked proudly, drinking from his wine glass.

************
“Dru, there’s something I need to tell you.” He said as he ushered her to a corner.


“You look so sad, Spike. What is it?”


“I’m sorry but I have to go, pet.” He finally told her.


Dru looked at him alarmingly “Where are you going?”


“This.” He pointed between them. “Is not working. I thought that this would somehow help me forget about her but…”


“You can’t do this to me. Buffy cheated on you, Spike!”


“I have to go to her.”


“Damn it! There’s absolutely nothing I could do make you mine, is it! I did all possible things I can to…”


“What did you mean that you did all you can?”


Dru’s eyes widened at her slip. “I wasn’t really making any sense. Probably had too much too drink.”


“Damn it Dru, I don’t have time to play any of your games. …”


Dru cut in. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”


“Dru,” Spike gripped her by the shoulders and stared into her eyes. “If you’re keeping something from me, I think it’s best that you tell me right now…if you really cared about me at all.”



Sensing her defeat, Dru finally blurted out, “I made a deal with Riley.”


“What did you say?”


“We fooled you, Spike. Made you think that Buffy cheated on you when all that she did was go to Riley to break it off with him.”


It was like he’d been doused with cold water. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he closed his eyes in frustration. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Dru and Riley did this to him! To them! It had been one of the oldest tricks in the book, and he couldn't believe he fell for it!


“Well it’s just pathetic isn’t it, that after all you’ve done, you still wound up with nothing.”


“Spike, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just want us to be together that’s all,” Dru told him desperately.



“You are one sick bint! You don’t want me. You just think you do because you hate the idea of me with another girl! You fooled me once but you’re not-”


“Twice…”


“What did you say?” Spike stared at her with utter disbelief.


“Twice.” Dru repeated, “Years ago…(swallows hard) I hid the bloody letter.”


“What Bloody letter?”



TBC


A/N : Okay, I know that I promised to post four chapters last week and I’m really sorry. Anyway, please let me know how this chappy went. I would really really like to hear what you think of this sudden development in this story since the next update is going to be pretty much the end of it.


Once again, thanks to Maricel for working with me throughout the story :-)
Full Circle by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
“Spike, please don’t leave! I’m sorry…” Dru pleaded desperately after Spike who had angrily crossed the hall with ground eating steps to make his way to the exit.


In her hurry to keep up with him, she’d neglected to see the foot that Snyder had deliberately stuck out. Losing her balance, Dru gave out a big shriek as she ended up stumbling over the large cake in front of her.



The orchestra suddenly stopped playing as all eyes turned to the icing covered girl in the middle of the ballroom.



“Oh no, my cake…” Andrew whined from the sideline. “I spent an entire day working on it.”


“Look at it this way, Andrew. Your masterpiece has actually served the greater good.” Jonathan told him in an insightful tone. “You should be proud of yourself.”


+++++++++++

“What in the world is going on here?” Quentin turned to the direction where his guests were looking at. His eyes went wide when he saw his hardly recognizable daughter emerging from the big pile of cake. “Who did this? Who is responsible for this?”



“This bloody git tripped me!” Dru complained, pointing furiously at Snyder.


“No I didn’t.” Snyder tried to cover. “It was an accident.”


Feeling angry that his daughter had been humiliated in front of his peers, Mr. Thompson quickly approached Snyder and yelled. “This is bloody uncalled for! I demand to talk to the manager of this establishment!”


“Actually, uh you’re looking at him, Mr. Thompson. ” Andrew replied.


“Then give me the soddin’ VP or CEO” he demanded angrily. “I’m gonna have this man fired!”



“Mr. Charles Gunn is in a meeting, Sir.” Fred intervened. “But you could talk to the owner since he’s already standing behind you.”



Quentin quickly scanned the area behind him then retorted, “What do you mean he’s behind me? The only one I could see standing right behind me is my daughter’s insipid boyfriend, Spike Giles.”


Quentin’s eyes went wide as soon as he was able to grasp what the young lady was telling him.“Is this some bloody joke? Truly it is an insult if you people think that I’m going to believe even for one second that -”



“Yes, I’m the new owner.” Spike told the old man firmly. “And you’re not going to have me fire anyone.”



Quentin quickly retaliated. “Then I’ll sue the hotel. I’ll make sure this gets to the media and inform them of your crew’s incompetence. If you think that I’m just gonna sit back and let you humiliate me in front of …” Quentin outbursts were suddenly interrupted when one of his bosses’ assistant came to his side.


His eyes went wide and his face paled as soon as he got the message that Glory O’ Connor happens to own a large stock of their company.


“What’s wrong?” Dru asked worriedly.



Quentin ignored his daughter’s question and quickly addressed his apology to his guests.


“Daddy! Did you not see what the bloody git did to me?!!”


“Leave the man alone, Dru…”


“But Daddy…”


“You’ve caused enough trouble for me young lady. Your inexcusable behavior had almost cost me the most important thing I ever had in my life.”



“I thought I WAS the most important thing in your life.”

**************

“I’m gonna head out, Fred.” Spike said. “You sure you can handle it from here?”


“Absotively.” Fred chirped happily.


“Don’t mind us, sir…I mean Spike..sir.” Andrew told him.


“Just do what you need to do.” Jonathan added firmly.


“Thanks.” Spike said as he ran out of the hotel and set his mind to look for…



*************
Derek was lying on his bed, reading one of the comic books when there was a loud knocking on the door. “Okay! Okay! I’ll be right down. Just quit with the doorbell already, jeez!”


“Where’s the box?” Spike asked as he came into the house agitatedly.


“My sister’s not here!”


“I know that Derek.” He hissed, grabbing the lapels of his shirt.


“Ow, watch the shirt.” the teen whined.


“Your sister has something that belongs to me and right now I’m in A crappy mood. So you’d better tell me where the bloody box is!”


“W-what box are you talking about?”


‘”The one that you were fighting over with Dru, Damn it!”


“I..it’s upstairs in my room.”


*************************


“So did you check if you got everything, sweetie?” Joyce asked Buffy as she came down the stairs.


“Yeah I’ve checked everything.” Buffy said. “Twice…Like Santa would’ve done.”


“Are you sure you wanna do this?” Joyce asked. “I mean on top of the fact that you’re gonna miss 5 days of school, I think that it would be better if you stayed just in case Spike changed his mind.”



“I’ll only be gone for a week, mom.” Buffy assured her. “About Spike, I don’t think he’s ever going to change his mind, but I’m gonna be okay.”


“Are you all set, Buffy?” Hank asked.


“Yes, daddy.”


“Then we have to go if we want to make it to LA before midnight.”


“Okay, but I just need to do something first. I promise I’ll be quick.”


***************

When Joyce went to answer the door a few minutes later, she wasn’t surprised at all to see Spike waiting on the other side of it with his hair all messed-up and his tux somewhat out place. She knew that it was only a matter of time before the boy realized his mistake. She only wished that he could’ve realized it sooner.


“Hi Joyce.” Spike greeted restlessly. “I was wondering if Buffy’s here since she wasn’t at her dorm.”


“Hi Spike. Come in.”


But Spike clearly had no time for pleasantries. “Could you please tell me where I could find her?”


Joyce sighed deeply. “You hurt her.”



Looking down, Spike admitted guiltily. “I know… that’s why I need to talk to Buffy. Do you know where I could find her?”


“I think you know where to find her, Spike. She’s where she always felt the safest.”


Spike was thoughtful for a moment before he spotted the familiar painting on the wall behind Joyce. It was similar to the one they have in their home. Only this one has the little girl looking through the window instead of sitting on the swing. It wasn’t actually the first time that he’d seen it, but it never as much captured his attention until now. “I think I know exactly where she is.”


Hank’s head popped out of the kitchen as soon as Spike left the room. “I guess I’d better head out now.”


“But aren’t you gonna wait for Buffy?


“Nah. I’ll just call her as soon when I reach LA ” Hank replied knowingly. “Something tells me that she’s not gonna mind that at all.”



*********************

With a heavy heart, Buffy climbed up tree house and lingered a while longer that she should have. She didn’t know what made her go there. It’s been a while since she’d actually set foot on the place that had witnessed most of her childhood. And now that she’s actually there, she felt strangely calm and at ease.


She closed her eyes and saw herself all over again... as kid.


“But I didn’t mean to.”

“Told your mom yet?”

“No.”

“It’s okay. I’m pretty sure she’ll forgive you.”


“You think so.”


“I know so.”


“Really?”


“I swear on my nana’s grave.”

End of flashback


A soft smile spread across Buffy’s face. The image was so vivid in her head, she didn’t notice that she’d actually mouthed out loud her next reaction. “What do you have in your other hand, Will-yum?”


“Buffy?”



Buffy opened her eyes at the sound of the familiar voice from behind her. It turned big as soon as her mind registered who it belonged to.


With her heart hammering across chest, she slowly turned to find Spike standing before her. For a while, she seemed to have forgotten where she was and just let herself get lost into the depth of his darkened eyes before she noticed something else…What was he holding with his hand?


When she saw the familiar BW etching at the bottom, her breath got caught in her throat just as a memory of her younger-self quickly flashed through her mind.

Another quick flashback
Biting her lower lip. Buffy concentrated on finishing up her letter by doodling a B and W letter at the bottom. It doesn’t really matter that she’d overdone it a bit by enclosing it with a pink girly colored heart. She wasn’t going to give it to him anyway. She was just playing with the idea of giving it to Spike since it was him who had instilled such a silly idea of expressing ones feeling in the form of a letter.


He had asked her to write one for Dru and it had completely troubled her to no end. She couldn’t understand why he could not write the letter himself. For someone who happens to be good in writing poetries, writing a simple love letter should’ve been a breeze.


She’d intended to give the letter to Spike, but after giving it a long serious thought, like for two minutes, she’d decided to hold it off for now…or forever. All right, so she hasn’t actually made her decision yet since she couldn't make up her mind.


Boy, does her head hurt! She looked at the clock and it said 3 am.


“Better get my goodnight sleep.” She said before an uncontrolled yawn overcame her. Tucking herself into bed, she read what she had written for the very first time.


Dear William,

I’m not really good with letters so you’d better read everything before you start cracking up.

Dru’s beautiful…at least that’s what you keep saying. She’s perfect (on what book?) and effulgent as you mentioned on one of your poems but, I just feel that she’s the kind of girl who will just stomp all over your sentimental heart. She’s not the right girl for you. I’m saying this because I know you more than anybody else. I care about you, William…more than you know and I don’t ever want to see you hurt.


I love you…not just as a friend. I think I have for a long time and just didn’t know what I was feeling until recently. There, I said it. I know you’re probably laughing right now, thinking that I’m just a teenager with a crush. Go ahead. Laugh all you want, but please don’t let this letter change what we already have. I believe our friendship is way too precious and far too important to be destroyed by just a mere mindless rant from your foolish best friend.


There’s one more thing I need to ask from you though. If you feel the same way or think that there’s the tiniest possibility that you could learn to love me back, please hand me a single red rose on my 17th Birthday and if you don’t, just pretend you never read my letter. I prefer that you not mention about this ever. Don’t worry about me. I’d rather have you as my best friend than not become a part of your life at all.


Love,

Buffy


Her eyes quickly caught the initials of BW at the bottom of the paper he was holding and swallowed hard.


He was just probably going to return it to her, she thought bitterly. She kept her face down, completely determined to not let him know just how close she were from breaking down as he slowly approached her…And that’s when she saw IT.


Oh God. Her hand came up to cover her mouth in shock.



It was just as red as she imagined it would be, so small and so beautiful. Tiny invisible strings tugged at her heart the moment she realized that his hand had been shaking.


“We were six.”


“What?” Buffy looked up at him in bewilderment.


“Days ago, you asked me when I fell in love with you.”


“Spike…” She whispered as tears began to well up in her eyes.


“When I saw you crying, I didn’t know why it felt like the end of the world for me then. I just met you but I already felt your pain with every sob that you made. I may not have known it at that time but now I believe… I loved you even then.” He swallowed hard before he went on, “Buffy I know that you’re furious at me and you have every right to be.”



“Will…”



“I was a jerk for not listening to you. I said all those words and I hurt the girl.” Spike saw what Buffy was looking at and sighed bitterly. “I can’t believe how Dru kept this from me.”



“What do you mean?”


“She played us, luv. I never saw this letter until now.” Spike explained to her how the letter ended up in Dru’s hands and kept it hidden from him. He also told her how she and Riley worked together so that he would think that she slept with him.



Judging from her reaction, Spike immediately realized that Buffy already found about the scheme beforehand. “You knew.”


“I figured it out yesterday,” she said, “Except about Dru hiding the letter.”


“How come you didn’t tell me?”


“How could I when you’ve made it perfectly clear that you didn’t want to have anything to do with me.” Buffy explained bitterly.



“You’re right and I’m sorry. If there’s one person that should be blamed for this, it’s none other than me. What Riley and Dru did was wrong, but I wouldn’t have fallen for it if…” His voice cracked as he took her hand in his. “ If I only trusted you.”


“William…”


“Buffy, I know that I may deserve such…beautiful words you have written in this letter but you have to believe me when I tell you that there’s no other person in this world who could ever mean so much to me as you do.” He said as he finally placed the rose in her hand. “I hope in time you’ll forgive me. And when you do, you’ll know were to find me…”



Buffy held the flower up to her nose and smiled bitterly. This was how it should’ve happened four years ago. She couldn’t help but think that if Dru hadn’t intervened, she wouldn’t have to go through all those heartaches she had endured.


The question doesn’t simply lie on the fact Dru and Riley had manipulated them, it was rather the blinding truth of whether she’d be able to forgive Spike for not trusting her.



Spike bit his lip to stop himself from making a fool of himself as he started to climb down from the tree house. After all, he had never once cried in front of a girl before so why should he start now? Because she’s the love of your life, you git! He scolded himself as his feet touched the ground. It was only then that he allowed himself to let the tears come.


“Spike!” He was already halfway to his own backyard when he heard her cry.


As he turned, what he saw nearly took his breath away for he clearly had not expected to see Buffy crying and running across the backyard to throw her arms around him. It was like a dream unfolding.


“Don’t leave me…”


“Buffy, I wasn’t leaving you I was just…” Buffy silenced his words by covering his mouth with hers.


“Please…” she begged.


Spike captured her lips this time. His instant action had caused her to moan out loud. All this time, she’d been driving him insane with those pouty lips of hers; he immediately took her bottom lip between his teeth and nibbled it over and over.


Buffy smiled into his lips then sighed. She missed being in his arms. What Spike did was wrong but she loved him too much to let her pride get in the way.


“I goofed-up, pet….Big time.” He said between pants as he rest his head on hers.


“But I forgive you.”


“How can you, after what I did?”


“Call me stubborn Buffy…or better yet head over heels in love Buffy since she couldn’t stand another single moment without you.”


Spike chuckled. “You’re unbelievable, you know that?”


“I will do anything for you, William.” She said with all her heart.


“And I will…for you. If you’ll give me another chance.”


“I thought that’s what I was doing,” She told him huskily.


“I love you so much, Buffy Summers.” He said, enclosing her face around his hands.


“I love you too, William Giles. ” Buffy said to him as her hands roamed freely from his back to insert themselves in the waistband of his pants. “Enough with the sweet talk. What l I want to know now is whether the tree house is gonna be sturdy enough to hold the both of us.”


A constricted groan managed to escape his lips before he replied. “I guess we will never find out until we try, won’t we?”


THE END


---------------------
Reference:

Painting of Buffy on the wall, flashbacks and Tree house – Chapter 1
Letter, Comic book and the rose – Chapter 37


---------------------
A/N : Finally, the last chapter. I really hope it went ok. I’m usually nervous when it comes to posting the conclusion to a story because I know that it would pretty much tell whether the story sucked or not. I really hope it’s the latter. As I’ve said before, I’ll be taking a break from writing but I won’t be gone for long. I actually have a couple of exciting sexy stories in my mind that I couldn’t wait to share with you in a few months so you’d better watch out for it .


(Sigh)I enjoyed really enjoyed writing this fic and I hope you enjoyed the journey that these two crazy kids had taken. I am surely gonna miss reading all your comments. My warmest and sincerest thanks extend to all the readers and reviewers of this story. You guys have been wonderful and I appreciate all the encouraging words and constructive criticisms that you’ve given me!

Let me also take this opportunity to thank my wonderful beta, MB . She'd been so good and wonderfullly patient with me from the very start!