Centerstage Love by Nikilicious
Summary: Much asked for sequel to Backstage Love. High school nerd, Buffy Summers has agreed to go out on a date with High Schools hottest guy, Spike Hamilton. How will there new love bloosom, Will it be sunshine and roses all the way?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 19624 Read: 9623 Published: 08/20/2006 Updated: 05/12/2009

1. Ice cream by Nikilicious

2. Party Time by Nikilicious

3. Knight in a leather coat by Nikilicious

4. Hospital by Nikilicious

5. Fears and discoveries. by Nikilicious

6. Hospital by Nikilicious

7. A new Buffy by Nikilicious

8. A new day in High School by Nikilicious

9. Friends by Nikilicious

10. Home Time by Nikilicious

11. Snooping and Snuggling by Nikilicious

Ice cream by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
I am sorry it has taken me so long to get the posted. I hope you all like. Please leave me feedback, i am feeling a little fragile at the moment so feedback would be great!
Chapter 1: Ice cream

As they stepped outside into the cool night, Buffy Summers couldn't believe her luck. Here she was, hand in hand, with Spike Hamilton, only the coolest guy in school; the one Buffy had fantasized about since she had first seen him.

Looking over at Spike he was cool as a cucumber, whereas Buffy couldn't stop grinning. Then again though, unlike Buffy, this wasn't exactly new territory for him. He must have taken hundreds of girls out for ice cream, what reason did he have to be nervous?
For Buffy on the other hand it was a totally different story, this was the first time any guy, let alone a cute one, had shown her any kind of interest and she still couldn't get over it.

As one of the biggest geeks in school, this kind of thing just wasn't supposed to happen. But Buffy certainly wasn't complaining. Keeping her mouth shut, she just held onto Spike’s hand and happily let him lead her.

As they reached the middle of the car park, the wind picked up and Buffy suddenly felt very cold. Feeling her shiver next to him, Spike looked down at the girl next to him. ‘‘Cold luv?''

Buffy shook her head, refusing to make an issue of her coldness; she didn't want to appear a wuss in front of Spike.

Spike couldn't help smirking at her stubbornness. This girl really was something, and he loved it. Here she was in a thin dress saying she wasn't cold. ‘‘Come on, pet, we’ll take the car,'' pulling on her hand before she had chance to argue, Spike dragged her over to his car, parked just a few feet away.

The car was a beat-up old Desoto, but everyone knew it was Spike’s pride and joy and there was hell to pay if anyone touched it. Buffy knew every mark and dent on the cars exterior having stared at it that many times, but she had never seen inside past the blacked out windows; now would be her chance.

Opening the door for her, Spike let Buffy climb in before going around and getting in his side. The interior was as shabby as the exterior, with rubbish scattering the floor, and the seats with several cigarette burns in them, but despite that, the car was very Spike.

As he stuck the keys in the ignition, and turned the engine over, the car roared to life, and with it punk music came blaring out of the speakers so loud it made Buffy squeal.

Quickly turning it down, he turned to the girl next to him who was rapidly turning red. ‘‘Sorry pet, had to give Malibu Barbie a lift here, I was trying to piss her off. Sorry luv.''

Embarrassed over her reaction Buffy sunk lower into her seat. ‘‘That’s ok.''

Smirking over how cute she was being, Spike turned back to the wheel. ‘‘Ok then, let’s get going.''

Pulling the car out of the parking lot the pair drove downtown to a secluded little ice cream bar Spike knew was hidden away at the other side of town.

When they got out the car again, the wind picked up again, and Buffy silently cursed herself, why hadn’t she brought a coat?

Shrugging off his leather duster he draped it over the petite girls shoulders; he couldn’t have her freezing before the date had even properly began.

Buffy was a little shocked when she felt the heavy fabric across her; Spike had actually lent her his coat, THE coat, the coat that no one even touched. This coat said everything about Spike, it was pure bad boy. Buffy loved feeling it against her, snuggling into the cool leather, she looked up adoring at Spike. “Thank you.”

“No problem, pet, now let’s get inside.”

The ice cream bar was lovely. It looked like a traditional fifties diner, complete with waitresses with puff skirts with poodles on, riding around on roller skates. How had she lived in Sunnydale most her life and never heard about this place?

Looking around, Buffy realized the place was virtually deserted, it appeared she wasn’t the only one who didn’t know about this place; it appeared most the town didn’t.

“Hey Linda, bring us a menu over, luv.” Spike called out to the waitress as he passed, before steering Buffy towards a small round booth at the back, hidden away from everyone. Buffy heart sank slightly as they sat down. Guess he didn’t want anyone to see them together after all.

As the menus where brought over, Buffy looked down at hers so Spike didn’t see the mild tears forming in her eyes. Deciding that if this was all she was going to get, she shouldn’t complain. This was still more than she would have ever dreamed about.

“So, pet, what’ll be?” Spike didn’t have to look at the menu he knew already what he was having.

“Umm, Can I have a Cherry and Blueberry Sundae, please?”

“Sure. I’ll go order; they take ages to come over otherwise.”

Standing up, he took the menus with him as he walked over to the cash register. Watching him go, Buffy took the opportunity to dry the tears before they leaked down her face, not that it would matter she didn’t exactly have make-up to spoil. She was smiling again by the time Spike returned.

“I got you a coke as well if that’s okay, Goldilocks.”

Smiling at the cute name, Buffy just nodded.

“So then luv, tell me. If you liked me so much, how come you never talked to me?”

“Not like you’re an angel either mister! You could have talked to me, nothing stopped you. Anyway how was I to know you liked me? I didn’t think you even knew I existed!”

Spike loved the spark that the two of them had together; he hoped that it never went away. “Buffy, luv, look at it from my point of view, you have made a conscious effort to ignore me when I was around, I hadn’t the foggiest you had any feelings for me. You are like ice queen girl.”

“Oh thanks! Doing well with the compliments!” Buffy was a little outraged by what he had just called her. It was basically no better than when Cordelia and her friends called her frigid.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant, it’s hard to see what you are really feeling, you keep everything locked away.”

“Its better that way, you don’t get hurt.”

Spike noticed her shift in mood, and wanted to quickly get off the topic. It certainly didn’t want to hurt her. “So anyway, Faith convinced me that no harm in asking, what’s the worse you could do, say no? Ok, so you probably could do worse but I didn’t think about that.”

“Wow, you actually listen to your sister. Wish my sister listened to me. She’s murder, mum treats her like the baby princess just because she is younger, its annoying.”

The drinks and ice creams came, and Buffy sat slowly sipping on the straw.

“Siblings are just meant to be difficult love, it’s their job. Trust me when they are the same age as you, its still just as bad. So yeah I listened to her, for once, I guess things turned out not to bad after all. I should probably listen to her advice more often. God, do you even realize how long I have wanted to ask you out for, Buffy?”

Smiling, Buffy took a mouthful of ice cream, it really was the nicest ice cream she had tried, however it still didn’t quell the niggle in her mind that he had brought her to the most secluded place he could find, where no one would recognize them.

“God, I would see you sat up there, all holier than thou, sewing away and all I would want to do would be go up there and kiss you until you couldn’t breathe anymore. You are a goddess Buffy Summers.”

Buffy couldn’t keep it in anymore, this isn’t what she dreamed about and she had to tell him. “But then everyone would see, and you couldn’t have had that, could you?”

Spike suddenly looked confused over her comment. “Buffy…?”

“Lets face it Spike, You might like me, but not enough to get over the popular/geek divide we have. You care too much what other people think to actually let anyone know. You are just like everyone else Spike. Why did I spend all that time fantasizing about you?”

“What do you mean, pet? I don’t care what people say or think.”

Putting her spoon down, she looked at Spike properly. “Well what’s all this then? Waiting until everyone had left the theatre before asking me, driving so no one saw us walking together, and then this. Spike there are loads of ice cream parlors round Sunnydale, but you pick the only one where you knew no one from school would come, because no one knows about the place. Let’s face it; you are ashamed of geek Buffy. Well that’s fine, but just don’t expect me to jump as well.”

“You are off your trolley, pet. I did this for you. I didn’t think you would want the glaring eyes and the whispers, I don’t give a damn about them, but I thought you might. As for waiting until everyone went, I couldn’t find you when people where still there. And the car? You were cold pet, remember? It had nothing to do with not wanting to walk. And this place, it’s the best ice cream in town and I wanted to give you the best, I never bring anyone here, this place means something to me.” Taking a deep breath before he could get properly angry with this girl, he looked into her sad eyes. “You know what, Goldilocks? I’ll prove to you I don’t care what other people think. Get my coat, I’m taking you somewhere everyone will see us together.”

Dropping a note down onto the table, Spike took Buffy’s hand again and led her back to his car, leaving behind their untouched ice creams slowly melting in the bowls. Buffy was about to get what she asked for, and they’d see just how well she could handle it.

TBC…

Please leave me a review, it only takes a second. Thank you!
Party Time by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Going into hospital tomorrow so may be a while before i post next chapter... sorry peep!
Chapter 2: Party Time

Sitting back in the passenger seat of the Desoto, Buffy sank further down into her seat. Hazarding a glance over at her date, she saw his hands holding tightly onto the steering wheel, his knuckles where turning white as he clutched it so hard. His jaw clenched making the cheekbones more pronounced as he looked straight ahead refusing to look at her.

Since he had dragged her out of the diner, Buffy had been feeling guiltier and guiltier, the longer he refused to talk to her was only making it worse. She realized now that she had been very, very wrong about his motives towards her, and she just couldn't stop this feeling that she was a bad person for upsetting him.

Here she was having all her dreams come true, and already, not one hour into it, managed to mess it all up, things were certainly not going well.

''I am really, really sorry for what I said back there, I didn't mean it honestly. Well okay, I did mean it, but only because I thought ... well you know what I thought. I am really, really sorry, and I realize I have said that a few times now. We can just go back to the diner if you want."

"Forget about it, princess, everything is fine." While he spoke, he didn't turn to look at her once, nor did he make any inclination that he was talking to her at all. It certainly didn't make her feel everything was 'fine'.

Deciding to keep her mouth shut, she sunk back into her and watched sped past her window.

Soon the small little condo houses Sunnydale was scattered with started to give way to grander houses, all with swimming pools and three cars in the driveway. Buffy knew the Sunnydale elite came from this end of town. It was certainly a place Buffy never imagined she would come.

Pulling up next to the curb, behind a long line of cars, Spike killed the engine. "Here’s our stop, Blondie. You wanted crowded and popular, you got it."

Getting out the car, this time he didn't come round her side and help her out, he just stood and waited for her to join him.

Buffy suddenly felt very conscious in her dress that her mother had picked out for her, she knew she would stand out here like a store thumb. Handing Spike his coat back, he took it from her hands and put it back on.

"Come on, pet."

As the walked up the drive of one of the grandest houses, loud dance music could be heard. Buffy could see dancing kids everywhere and she could feel their eyes glaring at her; she deeply regretted saying anything to him now.

As the neared the house, a guy with dark hair came out the house, Buffy knew this was Angel. Apparently he was dating Cordelia at the moment, but then those two where always on and off. Behind Angel a tall black guy followed him out the house. Spotting Spike they called to him before walking over.

"Yo Spike, Didn't think you where coming, bro." It was Gunn that had spoke, out of all Spike's friends, Gunn was Buffy's favorite although she had never spoke to any of them, Gunn had never gone out of his way to be cruel to her like the others.

"Yeah well, changed my mind didn't I mate." Spike took the beer Gunn was offering him, and took a long swig before looking over at Angel. "You and Malibu Barbie not off shagging somewhere?"

Angel just laughed. "Later." His eyes shifted from his blond friend to Buffy who was hiding behind Spike's back. "What you bring her for?"

"She my date, so leave off it, peaches." Angel laughed again causing Spike to hit him hard on the arm "I said, leave off it."

Watching the two friends arguing again, Gunn came round to stand by Buffy. "Buffy ain't it?" she just nodded. "Wanna get a drink?"

"Umm okay. Should I wait for Spike?"

Gunn looked over at Spike and Angel. "Those two will be there a while, you wouldn't think they where friends. Easy just to leave them to it; just don't get them started on cavemen and astronauts." Buffy just gave him a puzzled look. "Don't worry about it. Come on"

Together the two of them went into the house.

Inside there seemed to be people everywhere. In dark corners and sprawled across sofa's Buffy could see couples everywhere making out like there was no tomorrow. Everyone seemed to be drunk which just made Buffy feel all the more conscious about being there.

Following Gunn past everyone, the two went into the kitchen, where on the center island, rows of different drinks where lined out.

"Okay then, so what do you want, we go beer, beer, or some funky looking drink or.."

"I'll just have coke, please."

"Coke for the lady I can achieve." Opening the fridge door he pulled out the half drunk bottle and filled up one of the plastic glasses on the side. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Taking a small sip, Buffy smiled and turned back to look at Gunn, who was leaning against the counter.

"So Spike finally asked you out then? I didn't think he was gonna bring you here, but then again this is Spike we are talking about."

"It was kinda my idea to come here."

"Ahh, makes kinda sense." Just then Harmony came floating into the kitchen.

"Gunny wunny, Hiiiii" Her bubbly voice managed to spread the word 'hi' out to inhuman lengths. Buffy could see Gunn inwardly cringe, Harmony however was oblivious. "Whatcha doing in here all on your little own-e-oh?"

Gunn did a little head nod towards Buffy. "Keeping Buff company, till Spike gets back."

"What would Spike want with 'her'. Gunn don't you know he has more taste than that. He doesn't need her to screw."

"Harm', Buffy is his date for the night. He brought her here, so why don't you just turn around and go back to your bottle blonde friends." Buffy felt her cheeks blush as he stood up to her.

"Oh don't be like that Gunny Wunny."

Just then Cordelia came into the room. "Harm, did you managed to sort yourself out with that drink, you have been in here ages. Oh hi Gunn."

As she came further into the room, she saw Buffy stood in the corner. "Oh. Gunn did you bring Miss fashionable here?"

"No, she's Spikes date; we’re just waiting for the man in question."

Fixing herself another drink, Cordy turned with a beaming smile on her face. "Gunn, would you do me a big favor? Would you go and see if Angel is outside, he promised he would stay by me, oh and maybe you could hurry Spike up for Buffy here while you are out there." Seeing Gunn's uncertainty, Cordelia gave him an even bigger smile. "Don't worry, Buffy will be fine here. I'll keep my eye on her."

With a wary look, Gunn sigh, placed his beer on the side, and left to go and find Angel and Spike.

Gulping loudly, Buffy turned to face the wolves, now she really regretted saying anything in the diner.

"Maybe I should go with Gunn, Spike told me to stay near him." It was a lie, but these two wouldn't know.

Cordelia just laughed, "Oh I guess you always do what a guy tells you to. But then again I suppose this is the first one who has ever even looked at you, there is no wonder you are walking round with you tongue hanging out for the world to see. Geeks usually do just do what they are told."

Giving an evil smirk Harmony turned to face her now. "You don't really think that Spike likes you do you? You are just a toy Buffy, a toy he likes to play with, trust me, I am only trying to be nice and stop you getting hurt, but he really is only playing with you. He could never actually like you. Look at yourself, you are just not his type, you are not pretty. You should just leave now before he makes a fool out of you."

She had said it in such a sincere way, that Buffy hadn't even realized that she was being manipulated and the niggle of doubt had started to creep its way into her mind. Before she could fully let her mind adjust to what she was being told, Cordelia turned to look at her again with a big smile.

"Harmony, now just look how rude we are being, we haven't even offered Buffy a drink. We have some lovely cocktails, do you not want one?"

"No, thank you. I don't drink alcohol" She said it so quietly, she was certain they hadn't heard, but judging by Cordelia's smile, they had.

Keeping her eyes on Cordelia while she talked, Buffy didn't even notice Harmony sneak round the back of her and switch the drink Buffy had placed on the counter with her own. The two drinks looked very similar, but Harmony knew Buffy wouldn't be able to taste the alcohol in it over the taste of the coke.

"Buffy where did you get that dress from?" Buffy looked at Cordy who was wearing a dazzling designer number.

"My umm, my mom bought it me."

"Really? Its umm, nice." Cordelia wore the biggest fake smile on her face.

"My servant has the same dress." Harmony had said the one thing certain to put Buffy in her place and make her feel like shit. Looking down she realized her dress really was very dated and little girly.

"Hey Buffy, did you bring a swimming costume with you. I know you won't have a bikini but i am sure even someone like you should have a one piece. I don't know whether people in your circle know, but I have one of the biggest pools in Sunnydale."

Buffy was starting to feel more and more apprehensive. She couldn't swim, and she thought it was common knowledge; she had certainly been bullied enough about it.

"Umm, I kinda haven't brought anything; I didn't know I was coming, so I kinda didn't bring it. Umm, sorry?" Feeling her mouth go dry, Buffy reached behind her, finding her drink she swallowed it all in one, not noticing the smile on Harmony's face.

Cordelia walked over and linked arms with Buffy. "I know you have a problem with the water, but we want to help. So why do we all go down to the pool and have a look what the other swimmers are doing."

Taking her other arm, Harmony and Cordelia led Buffy out of the kitchen and down to pool. Feeling herself start to feel a little light headed and dizzy, Buffy was powerless to stop them.

When they reached the pool edge, Buffy was feeling positively drunk. She wasn't sure why the coke she had drunk was affecting her in this way, but she was slowly losing the use of her arms and legs and was feeling them turn to jelly.

Slowly Cordelia turned to Buffy with a harsh look on her face. "Look Buffy, I am just going to come right out and say this. You and Spike are just not meant to be. You are in two different worlds, that aren't to be mixed. I hope you don't honestly think that Spike could care for you at all. He’s the elite in this school and you are just the scum. Look at him over there." Turning to where she was pointing she saw Spike, and just as Cordelia hoped, he was talked to an attractive girl wearing a very skimpy bikini. "See Buffy, he doesn't care for you. You have been away from him for less that half an hour and already he is chatting someone else up. You just don't belong here. I think its time you leave." And with that she gave Buffy a little shove in the back.

Caught of guard from the drink and the pain of watching Spike she didn't realize until too late what Cordelia was doing. Finding herself pushed into the deep end of the pool, Buffy thrashed around in the water, getting mouthfuls of water as she tried to scream for help, but it was pointless.

Her inability to swim and the alcohol she had obviously been given, finally overpowered her and she lost the battle with the water.

The last thing she saw before she blanked out and sunk under the water, was Spike on the other side of the pool turning carelessly towards her. Then she sank beneath the surface.

TBC....
Knight in a leather coat by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Sorry about delay, I have been ill as a few of you know, hope you like this chapter though!
Chapter 3: Knight in a leather coat

Hearing a commotion by the side of the pool, Spike slowly turned away from the dull Cordette that had been congratulating him on the play, towards the noise.

Seeing loads of people crowded round the edge and staring into the center of the pool, he sauntered slowly over. He wasn't usually one to take part in group activities but he was acutely aware that Buffy was over with these wolves somewhere. After Gunn had come to find him, Spike had left Angel to come and find her, stepping out onto the terrace that is when he had been accosted by the annoying girl in the skimpy bikini.

As he stood by the waters edge he saw as the blond hair, bobbed a moment before sinking finally under the water. His stomach dropped. He knew exactly who every one was cheering at for falling in, Buffy. He also knew she couldn't swim. He had to get her out there.

Without a second thought, Spike stripped off his leather coat, just letting it drop to the floor. Then, with everyone still watching, he dove headfirst into the pool, still wearing all his clothes and his boots, he swam over to his date.

Swimming down, he scooped her up from where she had rested on the floor of the pool.

Holding her tightly in his arms, he swam to the surface, taking in a big gulp of air. Holding Buffy close to him, he ignored all the eyes at the side of the pool staring at them, and carried her carefully to the edge, making sure the whole time that her head was above the water, she wasn't moving at all, and Spike knew he had to get her out the water as soon as possible.

Reaching the side of the pool he realized he couldn't get himself out and Buffy, without either letting her go or jolting her around more than she needed to be. Treading water he looked around at the staring faces. Seeing Gunn off to one side he called him over.

“Gunn? Mate? Little help over here?” Gunn was there in an instant. Crouching down he thrust his hands into the water to help get Buffy out. “Gunn you take her, but watch it, mind her head!”

Carefully the two of them managed to get the unconscious Buffy out of the cold pool water and laid flat on the tile floor at the side of the pool. Pulling himself out the pool as well, Spike went and crouched next to the very still Buffy. Moving her head so that it wasn't at such a strange angle.

Laying his head onto her chest, he realized with a fear that she wasn't breathing. With a frantic pace he immediately started CPR.

After his fourth attempt at it, slowly her chest started to rise and fall of its own accord. Her breathing was very slow and Spike knew she wasn't out of the woods yet, but at least she was alive.

“Gunn, go and phone and ambulance. We need one now!” Gunn ran back into the house to go and use the phone quickly while Spike stayed by Buffy side holding her hand. “You are going to be okay. I promise.” He whispered to her, he just hoped she could hear.

A few moments later, Gunn came running back from the house. “Ambulance is one the way. They may bring cops too, I had to tell them Buffy's age.”

A cry of 'cops' went through the group of teens, and suddenly pandemonium broke out. Everyone was running everywhere, and Spike had to use all his energy's to make sure that no one stood on Buffy in their bid to escape.

Car tires could be heard screeching on the road outside the house. Spike didn't hold it against them leaving, he knew if any of them had been caught drinking, and there would have been hell to pay. Underage teens drinking, not a good mix, so Spike understood why they where leaving. However at the same time it did piss him off as well, with everyone now leaving he would have no chance to find out if anyone knew what happened here tonight.

Spotting a confused and dazzled Cordelia stood by the sun loungers, Spike realized she had probably have been one of the last people to see Buffy before her pool tumble, so if anyone was going to know, then it was a good bet Cordelia would know what had happened.

Leaving Buffy in Gunn's, who had stayed with Spike when everyone else had left, capable hands, Spike went over to go and quiz the hostess.

“Spike. Have you seen Angel. I can't seem to find him. I am sure that he won't have left me, I just can't believe everyone cleared out if her so quickly.”

“Cordy” Spike now looked her clearly in the eye making sure she was looking at him. “I know Angel, I know what he is like. He will have split the second he will have heard the mention of cops. You know as well as I do, he can't have another formal warning against him, he already loads. He will have gone. Trust me.”

“I just can't believe everyone's gone. My party is ruined.” Cordelia was in shock, this was the first time anything like this had ever happened to her before at one of her parties. Things like this just weren't suppose to happen to Cordelia Chase.

“Look Cordelia, I don't sodding have time for one of your tantrums. I need to know how the bloody hell this could possibly have happened to Buffy. How did my Buffy end up in your pool, when people know she can't bloody swim.” In his anger, he didn't even realize that he had called Buffy his.

Hearing Spike shout snapped Cordelia out of her spoilt party daze. Seeing the veins popping on his neck and the way that his jaw was clenched tightly, she realized now was not the time to admit that she had been the one who had pushed Buffy into the pool. “Look I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but you are a good guy Spike, and you deserve to know. I saw it the whole thing Spike, it was like watching a horrible car crash. She was just at the side of the pool, talking with Harmony, I don't know what she was doing by the pool. Well I guess she must have slipped or something, as the next thing I know, she is in the pool and everyone’s shouting and then you dive in, and then suddenly everyone disappears. It was crazy. To be honest though Spike, it looked like she had been drinking, maybe that’s why she fell. I didn't think she drank, but maybe Gunn gave her something. I really don't know about that. I have told you everything i have seen now.” Cordelia had thought that she had done all her acting earlier in the evening, but apparently that wasn't the case. She just hoped that when Buffy woke up she wouldn't rat her in, Cordy really didn't want to face Spikes wrath for lying.

“Thanks, Cordy. Look cops are gonna be here soon, you might wanna sort things out, out there.” With that he turned to walk back to his still princess.

“Wait!” Grabbing his arm, Cordelia spun Spike round. “Please Spike, the cops can't come here. I wasn't suppose to have the party, mom and dad banned me from bringing loads of people to the house, but I thought with them being away this weekend they would never know. But if the cops come then my parents are going to find out and I will be in so much trouble. Please Spike, find a way to stop them coming.”

Spike suddenly felt very torn. He knew he had to get Buffy help as soon as possibly, but he also knew she was breathing so he had some time. If he didn't help Cordy it would get back to Angel and then there would be help to pay. Plus she had just helped him with what happened.

Sighing he looked at the girl with pleading eyes. “Fine! I will take Buffy in the car; A&E's not that far away. You deal with the cops.”

“How do I stop them coming?”

“That’s your problem, pet, you don't want them here. You are a good enough actress. Ring 911; tell them you don't need their services anymore; that you're the girl that fell in. I am sure you will figure it out. You’re clever enough.” With that he left Cordy and went back to Gunn and Buffy.

“Mate, we gotta take Buffy to A&E ourselves. Will you help me get her to the car?”

Gunn looked confused, like his friend had just taken a crazy pill. “But I thought the ambulance...?”

“Look just trust me, I am trying to save more than one girl tonight.” With that the two boys carefully lifted Buffy.

Carrying her to the car, they gently laid her in the passenger seat wrapping Spikes coat round her to keep her warm. Making sure that he head was rested and that she was seated securely. Gunn then climbed in the back of the beat up car, and Spike sat in the driver’s seat.

Despite the one beer that he had, he actually felt very clear headed, he just had one thought in mind, to save Buffy. With everyone in they set off for the hospital at a very fast pace, not caring about speed limit.

Spike just hoped he had made the right choice with not waiting for the ambulance and that he hadn't lost precious time...

TBC...

I know people didn't like the last chapter as much, I hope this one is better, and I promise Cordy will get what is coming to her!
Hospital by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Sorry about major delay... just realised it has been nearly three weeks, i have just had a lot on recently! If anyone is desperate someone should really eamil me and keep bugging me, the more pressure the quicker I post!
Chapter 4: Hospital

“Umm Spike, that’s a red light up ahead,” leaning around the headrest, Gunn looked through the windscreen with mild fear in his eyes. “Uh Spike, slowing down would be good right about now. Spike!” Gunn rolled his eyes. “Or you know you could just speed right through the red light at 80mph without stopping just like it was a green light. Ya know while we are on the subject of your speed, discussing your driving and all, you do realise this is a 50 zone and you are driving a lot faster than that. So why don’t ya just calm down and slow down?”

“No time, got to save Buffy” Spike’s jaw was clenched and he was staring straight ahead, just like when he had driven Buffy and himself to the party. Though he was tense, he was concentrating fully on his driving; on getting Buffy to the hospital in one piece.

“Look Spike,” the humour had left Gunn’s voice now. “You won’t be able to help Buffy if you get us both killed. You have to calm down man. We should have just waited for the ambulance”

Spike banged his fist angrily against the steering wheel. “Damn it Gunn! I couldn’t wait for the bloody ambulance! Cordy pleaded with me, you get that, and you know, funnily enough I listened. I don’t want to give Angel a reason to be more pissed at me than he has to be! But now, see I am worried, that I have made the biggest bloody mistake of my life, because if I don’t get my girl into that hospital soon, whether I am driving fast or not won’t matter one tiny little bit. So no, Gunn, I will not slow down.”

Gunn suddenly got a feeling of just how much Spike cared for this girl, who was lying still next to him. He just didn’t think that Spike himself knew yet. Gunn knew one thing though, if Buffy did indeed pull through this, with Spike looking out for her, she was certainly one lucky and protected girl. “Okay mate, I’m with you. You just get her there. But be careful at the hospital, you don’t want the police thinking you are drunk and did this to her.” Sitting back, Gunn knew he wasn’t going to get Spike to slow down, may as well just accept it and just hope he didn’t die in this car. Looking round he realised this would be a really crap car to die in.

Calming down, Spike realised that what Gunn said was true, unless he could prove that he was sober, they would all be in deep trouble. Like Angel, Spike couldn’t afford another formal warning against him either. He would have to make sure he played this one carefully.

Slowing the car down to a steady speed as he entered the hospital grounds. Stopping right in front of the main doors he pulled the car over. Putting the hand brake on, he jumped out the car without killing the engine. Running around to Buffy’s side of the car, he opened her door and gently lifted her up into his arms, fear shot through him at the way her light body just flopped in his arms.

Leaning back into the car, he called over to Gunn. “Will you park her and then come and meet me inside?” without waiting for an answer, Spike slammed the door shut with his hip, and ran into the hospital with Buffy in his arms.

A&E was packed, and no one was paying him any attention. Rushing up to the counter where the nurse was sat filing her nails. “I need some help here.”

The nurse looked up slowly, like she really didn’t want to be doing this job. Her eyes caught sight of the painfully still girl in the young mans arms, and suddenly her whole demeanour changed. “Oh God.”

Rushing round to the front of the desk, she went and got a wheeled stretcher, which Buffy was placed on. Spike was told to stay with her while the nurse rushed off to go and find the doctor. She returned a second later with a tall man with sandy blond hair in a white coat with a stethoscope round his neck. As they rushed towards Buffy and Spike, Spike could see the nurse was briefing the doctor on what she knew, which wasn’t very much; just that the young man with the blond hair had brought the young girl in.

Stopping by the pair, the doctor immediately placed his stethoscope on Buffy’s chest and listened to her breathing. “Tell me exactly what happened here?”

“We where at a friends house, she fell into their pool, she can’t swim. I got her out and brought her straight here.”

“We need to get her seen to straight away. What is her name?”

“Buffy Summers.”

“Nurse, get Buffy into emergency room one, then go and call her parents. Thank you.” The nurse wheeled Buffy off, while the doctor turned back to Spike. “I need to know, it’s imperative that you tell me the truth. Could Buffy have taken anything tonight, anything at all, that could impair her judgement?”

“Umm, no I don’t think so, no.”

“Good. Now take a seat and myself or another doctor will be out shortly to keep you updated on Buffy’s progress.” With that the doctor rushed off to go and save his patient.

Looking around him, Spike realised that nearly every eye in the room was staring at him now. Running his hands through his still wet hair, Spike went and found a seat and waited for Gunn to join him as the doctors helped Buffy.

Half an hour later Spike was still waiting. The nurse had told him that Buffy’s mother had been called and would be here shortly. Thankfully he had dried out mostly now, and so at least looked a little more presentable to meet Buffy’s mum for the first time. Spike was starting to feel more agitated as there had still been no word on Buffy.

Just as Spike got up to go and ask the nurse what was happening, the doctor Spike had first spoken to came through the emergency doors. Making a bee line for him, Spike strode over.

“How’s Buff, Doc?”

The doctor smiled. “She is stable now, and is going to be fine. We are going to keep her in over night for observation. I do however need to ask you some questions.”

Happy that Buffy was going to be okay, Spike was willing to answer any question. “Sure fire away.”

“Where you aware that Miss Summers had been drinking tonight? We found alcohol in her system.”

“Umm no, I didn’t know.” Spike cast a glance at Gunn, maybe Cordy had been right and Gunn had given Buffy something.

“If that may be the case and you didn’t know, you should be aware that for a patient like Buffy, a girl taking Clonazepam on a regular basis, alcohol can have devastating effects. It may in part explain why Miss Summers lost consciousness so quickly.”

Spike was a little stunned; Buffy was on medication, was she sick? “Doc, what’s …?”

Just then a loud frantic voice distracted them both “I am looking for Buffy Summers.” The nurse pointed her in the direction of the doctor talking to Spike.

“The nurse over there said you could help. Do you know where I can find Buffy Summers?”

“And you are?”

“I’m her mother.”

“I am sorry Mrs Summers. I am Doctor Sharpe. Your daughter is fine I will take you to her in a moment. I was just explaining everything to the young man here.”

Joyce now turned her full attention to Spike “and who may I ask are you?”

“My name is William. I was with your daughter, I bought her in.”

“Look, I don’t know who you are; Buffy has never mentioned a William before. I don’t know what happened here tonight, but Buffy has always been a good girl, and I will not have anything like this happening to her again. So stay the hell away from my daughter.”

Gunn had seen Mrs Summers enter, and could now see Spike starting to get pissed off. He knew he had to get his friend out of there before he did something he would regret later. Placing a hand on Spikes back, Gunn led him away from Joyce and the Doctor.

“Let it go mate, it’s not worth it, not right now. We will come and see her tomorrow, or at school.” With that the two left the hospital.

Joyce now turned back to the doctor, “Now please, take me to my daughter.” Nodding the doctor placed his hand on her arm and led her to Buffy.

TBC…
Fears and discoveries. by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Sorry its been a while, I have had beta problems, however i have an amazing one now, and i promise you all that this story is not dead. However if anyone wants to Beta sticking with you, please let me know help would be greatly appreciated.
Chapter 5: Fears and discoveries.

Pushing the door open, Joyce looked at her daughter lying on the lonely hospital bed. She was pale and drawn, her damp hair hung limply round her face and there was a drip going into her arm. Several machines were also beeping away and it made Joyce feel sick to see her daughter this way.

Quietly closing the door behind her, Joyce went and sat down on the chair, next to Buffy’s bed.

Slowly opening her eyes, Buffy looked over at Joyce, and whispered, “Mommy?”

Hearing her little girl’s voice, Joyce sat bolt upright in her chair. “I’m here, baby.”

“Where am I Mom?”

“You’re in hospital, sweetie. You fell into someone's pool, but you were brought straight here. Do you remember any of that? Never mind. You have to stay in over night, but then they’re letting you come home.”

Fear suddenly crossed Buffy’s face, and she tried to sit up. “No mommy. I’ll be fine. Please just let me go home with you. Don’t make me stay here. Please mommy.”

Slowly pressing her back down onto the bed, Joyce tried to sooth Buffy by running her fingers through her hair. “Shhh, baby, it’s only for one night. You’ll be fine I promise, and I’ll stay as long as you need me to.”

Laying back down on the thick hospital pillows, tears stung Buffy’s eyes as she tried to hold them back. “Where’s Spike?”

“I don’t know, honey, I don’t know who you mean. There is only me here.”

More tears started to roll down her cheeks, at the thought that Spike had just left her. Rolling over to face the wall, she closed her eyes and started to chant over and over in her head. “Its only one night, just one night.”. All she wanted to do right now, was to get out of here and get back home, and to find out why Spike had abandoned her and left her all alone in the hospital.

***
Seeing a light coming from the front room, Spike knew someone was awake, probably his sister. He also knew he couldn’t stay sat in his car for the rest of the night, as someone was bound to come out and find him soon enough.

Pulling himself from the car, he walked across the neatly cut grass, totally ignoring the white paving slabs that his mother had laid in a bid to try and stop him walking across her lawn. Fishing his keys out of his jeans pockets he quietly unlocked the door. Slipping inside he locked the door behind him, and dropped his keys onto the little table next to the door.

Turning from the door, he tried to sneak up the stairs before anyone saw him.

“Not so fast, buster” Sighing slightly, Spike stepped off the stair and turned to face his sister.

Faith was stood in the doorway to the living room, wearing a simple black halter top and pair of black and white check pyjama bottoms. Her dark hair was tied back into a low pony tail and she clutched in her hand a chicken sandwich, her late night snack of choice. Spike always found it amusing that she would come in hungry and horny after her nights out. “Get your arse back down here, big bro. Tell me about your night.”

“Faith, I don’t want to talk about it. Goodnight.”

“Not go well with, Blondie? Did she shoot you down? Aww poor little Spikey getting let down by an iddy biddy girl.” She laughed, “Guess you shouldn’t have taken my advice after all.” Pulling a piece of chicken out of her sandwich, she placed it into her mouth.

“The date went well actually, turns out she likes me too.” Spike replied quietly.

“Well that’s good, so go on then, what’s with the glum face?”

Taking off his duster, he laid it across the banister, before sitting down on the bottom step of the stairs. Finding a speck of dust on his jeans, he started to pick at it. “Yeah see, well here’s the thing, Buffy really is one bloody annoying, difficult chit. Met her after the show, took her to mum’s ice cream bar, corny as hell I know, you don’t have to tell me, but don’t you dare laugh. Thought she’d love it, she’s a girl after all. Think sodding again! She yells at me right there at the ice cream place, you’d have found that amusing. So I listen, I react. I do the bloody thing I should never have done, I act like myself. I take her to Malibu Barbie’s party. Sodding terrible move. She ends up in the pool! And so the rest of my eventful evening has been spent in casualty, where I was chased away by Buffy’s damn mother of all people. And there you go, that was my evening, so how was yours?” He purposely didn’t tell her about the meds Buffy was on, or the fact he didn’t wait for the ambulance.

“Damn bro, you certainly know how to show a girl a good time. Mine was not half way close to the excitement that you’ve obviously had.” Laughing, she picked out more of her chicken.

“Yeah so that’s my night, nothing more to tell. Right then, off to bed for me. Night.” With that he got up off the step and turned round at started going up the stairs, leaving Faith lost for words yet amused.

Spike was half way up the stairs, when he stopped. Sighing he realised he was being stupid. Turning round he walked down the stairs and into the lounge.

Faith was now sat on the settee, her legs were crossed, and she was eating the last remains of her sandwich, an amused look on her face. “So, spill bro. What’s got your knickers in a twist?”

“Its nothing really.” Faith gave him a sceptical look. “Okay! okay! Look how much do you know about drugs?”

“Recreational? ‘cuz they’re a bundle of laughs.”

“No. I mean prescription drugs. Do you know what Clonazepam is?”

“Clonazepam? Wow bro, whatcha getting mixed up in something like that for? Clonazepam is nasty.”

“You know what it is?” She just nodded. “What do people take it for?”

“Tell me first why you want to know.” Crossing her arms over her chest Faith just stared at her brother.

“You know that I’m not about to tell you that.”

“Then I guess you aren’t going to find out what your pretty drug does then, you aren’t going to get to know what you want.” She continued to stare at him, knowing it wouldn’t be long before he cracked, he never was the patient type even when they where children.

“Okay, fine! When I was up at the hospital, the doc told me it’s what Buffy is on. She’s taking it regularly. I need to know if she’s sick. So come on Faith I’ve answered your question, time for you to answer mine. What the hell is Clonazepam?”

“Okay, this Clonazepam, you want to know so much about. Like I said, it’s nasty. For someone to be taking it regularly, like you say Buffy is? Means they must be really messed up. It’s for seizures, bro.” She paused looking into her brother’s face. “I am sorry.”

Spike couldn’t stop the shock from clouding his face, seizures? Did that mean Buffy had epilepsy? Why was she having these seizures?

He needed answers, but what could he do? He couldn’t exactly go up to Buffy, when they hadn’t even had a proper first date yet, and demand to know why she was taking a medication that he wasn’t even supposed to know she was taking.

“Look bro, wish I could tell you more, but I can’t.”

“Thanks, Faith. Look is been a long day, I’m gonna hit the sack.”

Getting up, he nodded to his sister before heading up to his room. Shutting the door quietly, he went and lay on his bed. With his arms behind his head he stared up at his black ceiling.

Tomorrow he’d go and see Buffy, hopefully she’d be getting out of the hospital soon. He would just act cool, and be extra protective of her. Whatever reason she had for taking the meds, it wouldn’t effect their relationship. She was his girl and he was going to protect her.

TBC…

Thank you to anyone who has stuck with me despite the long absence, it really does mean a lot to me.
Hospital by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Sorry its been a while, a lot has been going on her. sorry.
Chapter 6: Hospital

The following morning, Buffy woke alone and in a small bed. Her vision was blurred, but as it slowly came into focus, so to did the sterile hospital room she was apparently in, and with that realisation, the memory of everything that had happened the night before started to come back to her.

She remembered going to the ice cream bar with Spike, well, until she had gone off at him, and he’d ended up getting angry with her, and took her to Cordelia Chases party. Buffy didn’t remember much of the party, but she knew that Spike had left her with Charles Gunn. That was the last thing she could remember, the rest was all a blank in her memory and she couldn’t recall anything else from the previous evening.

Her hair smelled of chlorine, and she wrinkled her nose in confusion, it wasn’t a hospital smell and Buffy hadn’t been near a pool since she had nearly drowned in one when she was a child. So why did her hair smell of chlorine?

The confusion was tearing her apart, why couldn’t she remember anything that had happened? Why?

But despite all blanks in her memories of last night, one question loomed at the forefront of her mind. Where was Spike? What part did he play in all this? And who’d brought her to the hospital?

Now, here she was, in the hospital, after whatever had happened last night.

Buffy hated hospitals, she had done ever since her cousin had died in hospital. Being there was her idea of hell, it was bad enough having nightmares after her cousin died, but here she was with gaps in her memories and feeling like crap.

Sitting up slowly her head started to spin painfully. Reaching to the small table next to her bed, she picked up the buzzer and rang for the nurse. A small, plump lady, who looked really motherly, appeared moments later. Buffy took an immediate liking to her.

When the nurse saw Buffy sat up in the bed, her smile grew so large that Buffy couldn’t have stopped herself smiling in response even if she’d wanted to.

“Oh good you’re awake. I was starting to wonder if you were going to sleep the whole day away. How are you feeling? Have you got any pain this morning?”

“Umm my head’s a little sore, it sorta makes me feel like the room is spinning when I move.”

“That’s to be expected, dear. But I promise it will go soon, I shouldn’t worry.” The nurse busied herself checking Buffy’s vitals.

“I hope so. Do you know by any chance if my mom was called?”

“Oh you gave her quite a scare last night, not to mention that young man who brought you in. Never seen someone go as pale as he did, mind you he did have quite a pale complexion. But your mom? She never left, she’s outside in one of the waiting room chairs. She did see you last night but you may have been a little confused. So it’s okay if you don’t remember. Would you like me to go and fetch her for you?”

Buffy’s mind had latched onto one thing the nurse had said, who was the someone who had brought her in?

“Buffy? Are you sure you are okay?”

Snapping out of her thoughts, Buffy looked up into the concerned face of the nurse.

“Oh, sorry, yeah I’m fine, but if you could go get my mom, that would be great.”

As the nurse exited the room, Buffy was left to ponder again, what had happened the night before?

***

When Spike finally rolled out of bed the following morning, his first thought was of Buffy. He had to try to get up to the hospital today to go and see her and check that she was okay. Looking at the clock he saw that it was already 11am, the evening must have taken more out of him than he thought it had.

He didn't know when Buffy would get out of the hospital, but he knew she wouldn’t approve of him turning up at her house, or more exactly her mum wouldn't approve, so his best bet of getting to see Buffy was at the hospital.

He was about to reach for the pile of clothes he’d dumped on the floor last night, when he realised that they were still wet. Going to his wardrobe, he pulled out a pair of simple dark jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. Forgetting to gel his hair, which still smelt strongly of chlorine, he left his room in search of his leather duster.

After 10 minuets of searching, he gave up, figuring it was probably still on the back seat of his car, he remembered putting it over Buffy last night to try and reserve some of her body heat. Instead of carrying on looking, he went to the cupboard under the stairs and pulled out a denim jacket he hadn't worn in years.

As he left the house he didn't see Faith sniggering at him from the top of the stairs. Her brother really was loves bitch. He just didn't realise how much he had softened his usually tough demeanour for one girl. She must really mean something to him.

---

As he climbed into his car, he did a quick check to ascertain that his duster was there, before he reversed off the drive. Half way to the hospital, he pulled his cell phone from the glove box and dialled Gunn's number. Spike might have acted like badass, but he knew good friends where hard to find, and Gunn had gone out on a limb for him last night. The least that Spike could do was thank him.

When he had finished the conversation, he hung up and threw it on the passenger seat. Glancing at the clock, he saw that it was 11.30, putting his foot down, he sped the rest of the way to the hospital.

---

When he arrived at the hospital, he noted that it was a lot quieter than it had been the night before. Glancing around he saw that it was a foolish task to try and look for the nurse who had helped them when he had brought Buffy in; it seemed that there had been a shift change and all the staff had changed.

Heading over to the main desk he found out that Buffy was in room three, thanking the nurse he headed off down the corridor in search of her room.

Knocking lightly on the door, he was greeted by Buffy's mum’s voice calling out. "Come in." Bracing himself for another tongue lashing from her mum he opened the door. Once inside he was greeted with the sight of Buffy sitting up in bed and looking a lot more alert than he thought she would be, and her mum was sat at the side of her bed, watching him with a hint of curiosity.

As Spike had come into the room, Joyce had immediately recognised him from the previous evening, although she had to admit, he certainly looked a lot gentler this morning than he had the night before when she’d shouted at him, now that Buffy was ok she was less concerned about Buffy talking to him.

Buffy on the other hand was visibly shocked to see him stood in her hospital room, she still couldn't really remember what had happened to her the night before. She remembered shouting at Spike but that was the last of it, so she certainly didn't understand what he was doing here today, and why he was looking so different. "Umm mom, this is, umm, Spike."

"We met last night, darling, I am afraid I was quite rude to your friend. I apologise, Spike, was it?"

"You can call me William. That’s okay about last night you where worried about Buffy its understandable." Spike shifted from foot to foot feeling very uncomfortable in the room with the two women staring at him.

Buffy picked up on his awkwardness, and plus she had some questions she wanted to ask Spike, so it would be better if her mom wasn't there. "Mom, would you give us a moment?"

Looking a little warily at William she realised she was just being overly protective of her daughter and quietly excused herself.

When Joyce left the room, Spike gave sigh of relief. "How are you feeling Buffy." Remembering what the doctor had told him last night, he couldn't help but worry that she may have a fit at any moment, if he put her into a stressful situation if he asked her too many questions.

"I’m okay, apart from the fact I don't have a clue what the hell happened to me! What are you doing here Spike? What happened to me last night? And what am I doing here?! My mom isn't telling me anything!"

"Shh, calm down Buffy." As her voice had risen, he got more worried that it would cause her to have a fit. "Just tell me what you last remember and I will try to fill in the rest."

"Okay, so… last thing I remember. Me shouting at you in the dinner." She said the last bit really fast in hopes that he had forgotten she had done it.

Spike couldn't help chuckling at how sweet she was. "Well after your little outburst I kinda of took off in a huff, and I did something stupid."

Fear marred Buffy’s face at the thought that Spike was the one that had put her in the hospital.

Watching the change in her facial expression, Spike immediately understood that he had just said the wrong thing. "No no no!!!! I didn't hurt you! I meant, I took you to Cordelia's party. I should never have let what you said get to me, I shouldn't have taken you there, then maybe you wouldn't have got hurt. I kinda left you alone with Gunn for about 10 minutes while I talked to Angel. I guess I maybe needed to cool off. I knew you would be safe with Gunn, but then he came out to see Angel and I, and you weren’t with him. I got really worried and went searching for you. That’s when I saw you fall into Cordelia's swimming pool. I don't know what happened. I was told you were talking to Cordy and you fell, I’m sorry I wasn't with you."

"Spike? Why was I talking to Cordelia?"

"I don't know. Maybe because it was her party?"

"Oh god everything is just so muddled in my head! What happened when I fell in the pool? Spike I can't swim."

Regret at all the things he should have done differently crossed his face. "I know, pet. I jumped in to get you, I got you out. Gunn and I brought you here."

"I just wish I could remember at least just a little bit of it."

"I know, but it’ll come back." Walking over to her bed, he gently hugged her and sat on the chair. He made a conscious decision not to tell her about the alcohol that was found in her system, or the fact that he knew that she was taking medication. He didn't think that it was right for him to tell her. He would just watch over her and make sure that nothing would ever cause her to ever have fits again, he would be her prince.

"Spike? Did everyone at school see?"

"I got you out the pool quickly, so probably not, it did all happen very fast."

"Everyone’s going to know about us, aren't they."

Spike wished he could soften the blow, but he knew she was worried about the gossips. "Whatever happens we will deal with it together. I’m yours, Buffy."

Holding each others hand tight they knew they would have to face a lot together at school on Monday, but at least they would face it together, smiling at each other, they finally shared their first kiss, just before Buffy's mom walked back into the room.

Yes things where going to be perfect...

TBC...
A new Buffy by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Sorry again its late I have been dealing with some personal stuff.
Chapter 7: A new Buffy

On Monday morning, Spike got up slightly earlier than normal. His usual bad boy uniform was back in place. He certainly wasn’t going to let any of the nonces at school see him in the clothes he had worn that weekend. Couldn’t let anyone get the wrong idea about him and having them thinking he was soft.

When he was sure that he looked right, he went down to the kitchen to grab some breakfast before heading out for what he was sure was going to be a long day.

Faith was sat on one of the barstools at the kitchen counter. “Ready for your big day, bro?”

“Walk in the park, Faithy.” He knew she hated it when he called her Faithy, he used to torment her with it when they where kids.

“Are you sure your girl is ready then, William?” Of course she didn’t hate Faithy half as much as he hated William. He simply growled at her when she called him that. “But honestly, bro, watch it today okay?”

“What do you mean?” Sitting down next to her, he grabbed a bagel from a bowl on the table that their mother had left out for them before she had gone to work.

“All I am saying is, Its going to be a stressful day for Buffy. There is gonna be lots of whispering and talking about her, more than a girl like her will ever have experienced. I bet the whole school will have heard about what happened to the two of you on Friday night by now. And those that haven’t, will hear soon enough. There isn’t going to be anywhere she is really safe. You remember what I told you about the meds she’s taking, right?”

Spike understood everything very clearly. Here he was about to lead Buffy into a pack of wolves and it was his entirely his fault. The slightest amount of stress could lead her to have a seizure, and she was about to have the most stressful day imaginable.

“I remember. I’m going to protect her; I won’t let her get hurt, not again. If that means shielding her from peoples comments then that’s the least I can do.”

“Just be careful okay, Spike? She’s probably more fragile than you realise. I guess it depends how long she’s had these problems, to how prone she is to having these seizures. Well… I assume my darling, sweet brother isn’t going to be running me to school today if he’s taking his princess. So I guess that leaves me two options. Either skip the day.” Spike gave her a look at that one. “Which you and mom would hate. So that leaves me with option two, Grant here I come, I’m sure I have his phone number on a match box somewhere. See you at school, bro.” Grabbing a bag of crisps she left.

Spike was so immersed in his own thoughts that he barely realised she’d gone. He was going to have his work cut out for him today looking after his girl. But if he was going to stand any chance of looking after her in the long run, he was going to have to find out how long she had been taking this Clonazepam.

***

Stopping the car in front of Buffy’s, he made sure to turn his punk music down before getting out.

Walking up to the front door he checked that his hair looked okay in the glass before knocking on the door.

Joyce answered. “Ahh William, come on in, Buffy is just upstairs I am sure that she will be down shortly. Do you want to wait in the living room?”

Sitting down on the settee that almost drowned him, Spike tapped his fingers on his denim covered knee. “Do you want anything to eat or anything, have you had breakfast?”

“I’m fine, thanks, Mrs Summers.”

“Do excuse me, William, I have to continue getting ready for work, we have someone important coming into the gallery today. Buffy will be with you in a moment.” Smiling Joyce then left Spike alone in the living room.

It was a room Spike was starting to know very well. In fact after helping Buffy home on Saturday, this and the kitchen had been the only rooms that he had seen. Not that he had been expecting to be granted access into Buffy’s bedroom immediately, but he had spent all Sunday here and not even got a glimpse of her room, it was like she was trying to hide it from him.

Before he could brood on the idea any longer, Spike caught a glimpse of her from his place on the settee as she descended down the stairs, before she finally came bounding into the living room. Even if Spike had wanted to get off the settee and go and meet her at the bottom of the stairs he couldn’t he was transfixed by her beauty.

This was not the same girl from yesterday.

Stood before him was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, she was full of energy and you wouldn’t have thought for a second that she had been laying in a hospital bed just 48 hours earlier.

She wore a short pink skirt that showed off her tanned slender legs perfectly, with a crisp white shirt with a pink sweater over the top, to complete the outfit. On her feet where a pair of pink stiletto heels that caused her to stand up straight and made her legs look even longer. Her golden hair was flowing freely round her shoulders instead of the tight bun it was usually in, and her make-up made her look like she glowed. In short she was stunning, it was certainly a change from the drab jeans, t-shirt and pumps that she usually wore.

It took Spike three attempts before he could speak. “Buffy, you look amazing.”

“Thank you. I figured if everyone’s going to be talking about us today I may as well give them something to talk about.” Giving him a dazzling smile she went and collected her bag before shouting goodbye to her mom. “Coming Spike?”

Standing up, Spike, heaved a deep sigh, Buffy had certainly just made his job of looking after her today about a hundred times harder. Holding the door open for her, together they headed for the car.

***

Spike parked his car at the far end of the high school car park. Shutting the engine off, he turned to look at the beautiful girl sat next to him, who was now chewing on her lip. “Hey cutie, you sure you’re ready for this?” Taking a strand of her hair he tucked it behind her ear.

Nodding her head, she turned to look at Spike, he looked so cute when he had that concerned look on his face. No matter what she had to go through, Buffy knew it was worth it to have Spike. She just still couldn’t believe that Spike could possibly want to be with a girl like her. “Yeah, I am. Come on, Spike, let’s get inside. Its hard for people to gossip about us if they can’t see us.”

Spike was so proud of how she was dealing with all of this; he just hoped she would be this chirpy by the end of the day. Leaning over her placed a delicate kiss on her lips. “Well come on then princess, let’s get this show on the road.”

Both getting out the car, they met at the bumper and their hands immediately became entwined. As they walked towards the looming Sunnydale High School building, Spike felt the first pair of eyes turn to stare at them. The hairs on the back of his neck started to tingle. Spike realised how stupid he was, there where thousands of kids at the school, how could he honestly hope to protect her from the harsh evil words of all these people?

He could see it in his minds eye now, someone would say something to her, or she would hear someone saying something bad about her behind her back, and then Buffy would get all upset and have one of her fits in front of everyone. Then the whole school would know and life would be so much worse for Buffy. He had to try and stop as many people seeing her as possible, at least until this all blew over. Never had the urge to act like a caveman been so strong in Spike, all he wanted to do was pick Buffy up and drag her back to his car, where he knew she would be safe.

Buffy felt Spike stiffen next to her; his hand became tighter around hers. As she turned to look at him, her smile faded.

“What’s up, Spike? Starting to regret all this?”

“No! I was just thinking, why don’t we go in through the back entrance?”

“Spike, there isn’t a back entrance.”

“Sure there is! We just have to sneak through the gym.” He gave her his best smile hoping she would buy his idea.

Instead her face just seemed to sink a little bit further. “Are you trying to hide me away? Stop people from seeing us together? I understand if you are. “

Spike understood what she was thinking and immediately regretted making her think that, but he had to try and protect her, that’s what a boyfriend was for. “No, Buffy, I just thought we could sneak into an empty classroom and make out for a bit. You are looking so hot after all.” He gave her his best leer, and raked his eyes up and down her body hoping that would do the trick.

Buffy just giggled and hit him lightly on the shoulder. “Spike, we can do that anytime. Come on we have to face the music sooner or later.”

Heaving a sigh, Spike gripped her hand that little bit tighter and pulled her to his body. “Come on then… Showtime.”

As they walked into the school building, Spike opened the doors for them both. The corridor was packed. As they stood in the door way, it suddenly went deadly silent as all eyes turned to look at the two of them.

Spikes mouth went dry and he felt Buffy’s hand start to sweat slightly. So much for shielding Buffy from people. Spike certainly had his work cut out for him.

TBC…
A new day in High School by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
I can only appologise so much. I am sorry there has been a lot going on in my life recently that I have had no control over.
Chapter 8: New day at High School

As everyone turned to stare at them, Buffy suddenly started to feel very nervous. Maybe she wasn’t as ready for this as she’d thought. She should have gone along with Spike’s idea of sneaking in through the gym, at least then they could have saved this little scene until later on in the day. Plus it would have meant she’d have been able to make out with Spike.

But, then again that was the joy of hindsight. Buffy had made her bed and now was the time to lie in it. Clutching Spikes hand that little bit tighter she took a deep breath and looked at him. “Come on, Spike.”

Feeling Buffy tense next to him, Spike had immediately pulled her closer, when he heard her small voice, he knew that they had no choice but to walk through the mass of students.

As soon as they started to walk, the spell on the other people in the hallway seemed to be broken and everyone started to talk at once, and they all seemed to have the same subject in mind; Spike and Buffy.

Spike felt like he was an attraction at the zoo with everyone staring at him and talking about him, he could hear what people where saying and just hoped Buffy wasn’t listening to them.

However Buffy was. The first person that she heard made Buffy smile. It was a girl that Buffy didn’t recognise. She spoke no more than a whisper but Buffy still heard every word “That’s Buffy Summers! That’s not who I thought you meant. She’s hot! I thought Buffy was that geek in science.”

Buffy had to smile, it seemed her choice of outfit was working, it was making people doubt who she was. Excellent.

However her smile died quite quickly as she realised that not everyone was as naive as the girl near the door, others seemed to know exactly who she was. She heard numerous ‘slut’s slung her way, as well as several ‘bitch’s and lots of other horrid things that she tried to block out.

As the din of everyone talking started to get louder, Spike draped his arm across Buffy’s shoulders and practically dragged her through the crowd. Not that Buffy exactly minded, all those eyes staring at her were starting to make her feel uncomfortable.

When they were half way along the corridor they were stopped by Angel who stood in their path. Angel leaned over to whisper into Spikes ear, but it made no difference to Buffy she heard every word. As did most of the people stood in the corridor. “Spike what are you doing, man? I though this was just going to be a weekend thing, you’d screw her brains out and be done with it. Now this? Have you heard what people are saying about you?”

Spikes face grew stony, and he held Buffy even closer. “Move, mate” He pronounced the last word through gritted teeth.

“What?” Angel just stared at him, stunned.

“I said, move.” With that Angel made a grand gesture of moving out the way, Spike just barrelled past him, dragging Buffy with him.

Angels voice rang out down the hallway after them “See you two love birds at lunch then.”

Buffy was starting to regret wearing her highest heels today if Spike was going to continue walking at his fast pace all day.

They where nearly at their classroom when Buffy called after Spike. “Spike! Stop!”

Grinding to a halt, which caused Buffy to nearly run into him, Spike looked at all the students still gawking at them, before turning his attention to his girlfriend. “What?”

Buffy couldn’t help giggle at how serious he was being at trying to protect her. “Before you go all Rambo on me, I need my books from my locker so I can go to my class. As, contrary to popular opinion, some of us actually come to school so that we can learn things we didn’t know before.”

Looking over her head, Spike assessed the quickest route to her locker, and how many people would get in their way. “Okay, fine, sway girl, but lets be quick about it.” Placing a quick kiss on the tip of her nose, he then raced off in the direction of her locker, her hand once again encased in his.

When they arrived at the locker Spike knew to be hers from his months of studying her without her realising, he spun her around. He then placed one hand on the lockers on either side of Buffy’s. His body protecting her back from any assault that could be thrown her way. At the same time though, Spike didn’t want to alarm her, so he kept peppering her neck with little kisses, making her giggle from the affection.

Buffy didn’t know why Spike was acting so strangely, surely it wasn’t just over people gossiping about them, but whatever it was, it certainly had him acting very cute.

Shutting her locker door, she turned around to face Spike, “Okay, all done, I’m ready to be learn girl.”

“Sure, you got everything that you need to last the day?”

“Last the day…? Spike I am not carrying around that many books all day, I have a locker for a reason, and its not like my locker is in Siberia. We can come back at lunch.” A pained looked crossed Spikes face at the thought of going through all this again. Buffy placed her hands on his face causing him to look at her. “Hey, listen, I am not some little flower that needs to be protected in case I break. I know you’re just trying to look after me, but I can handle what people are saying about me.” Smiling she carefully took his hand down for the locker and held it in her own. “Well then, Sir, shall we go to class?”

Spike just nodded in agreement and together they walked down the hall and back to their classroom, ignoring the comment and stares they received.

***

When they reached the classroom, Spike guided Buffy to the seat at the far back corner of the room, here he knew he would be out of everyone's firing line.

Buffy however had other ideas. “Spike what are doing? This isn't my seat.” He was definitely acting strange and to be honest it was starting to piss her off just the slightest bit.

“Yeah I know that, but I just thought that today seeing as how you’re with me, we could sit here, where I usually sit, at the back.”

Buffy realised he did have a point, here she was wanting everything to be as it always was, but what she had to realise now was that she was now dating one of the coolest guys in the whole of the school, and with that came certain sacrifices. Like giving up her seat sitting at the front of the class. Nodding her head slowly, she sank down into the seat.

Soon the rest of the class started to filter in. every single one of them looked at Buffy and Spike but no one said anything outright which made Buffy feel a little better.

The rest of the morning went by uneventfully. They managed to get from one class to another without too much hassle. Buffy wasn't stupid enough to think that this meant people had stopped talking about them, she had noticed, despite his best effort to hide it, that while in class if anyone did make any move to say or do anything regarding them, Spike would growl at them and it seemed to stop them in their tracks. He really was just trying his best to protect her.

When the bell rang to signal lunch, everyone started to gather up their things and pile out the classroom in a disorderly fashion.

Buffy however, was one of the few people not in a rush to escape the escape the class and get to lunch. As she started to gather her things at a painstakingly slow pace Spike started to get agitated. “How long you going to be, pet?”

“I just need to talk to Mr Renolds for a second, do you want to wait outside for me?”

“Sure.” Placing a kiss on her forehead her then went and waited just outside the door for her.

However Buffy's second was more like 10 minutes, and by the time she finally stepped out the classroom to meet Spike the hall was practically empty with everyone already in the lunch hall. “Everything sorted?”

“Yes thank you, I just needed to talk to him about my homework.”

Smiling at her, he gently took hold of her hand. “Shall we go grab some Lunch?”

***

When the got there the lunch hall was packed as Spike had guessed it would be. Together they lined up and got their food. Standing in the middle of the food hall, they where faced with a dilemma. Over on one side of the room sat Buffy's friends, Willow, Oz, Xander, Tara and Anya, the geeky table. They all looked at Buffy with hopeful eyes, assuming that she would come sit with them just like she had done every other day. But Buffy knew that Spike would not want to sit with them and potentially ruin his image. However on the other side of the room, sat Spike's table, with the jocks and the cheerleaders, the cool table. Angel sat at the centre of the table leering at Buffy while Harmony smiled warmly at Spike, but only one seat remained free, making their meaning clear Buffy was not invited.

Buffy was about to suggest they sit with their own individual groups and meet back up again after lunch when Spike made the decision for her. Taking her hand, causing her to nearly tip her tray over, he dragged her to the only empty table, here they where in no man's land, at neither table. Looking up Buffy saw the hurt look on her best friends face and knew she would have to ring her up as soon as she got home from school.

Buffy and Spike had only been sat at the table at few moments, when suddenly with a great thud Angle sat on the seat directly opposite hers. He was soon followed by the rest of the cool gang.

“Spike, man, what are you doing all the way over here? We saved you a seat.”

“You didn't save one for my girlfriend, without her I wasn't coming. Might want to make a note for future reference, Peaches.”

Angel just stared at Spike. Threatened by the silence Cordelia decided she should do some talking. “Buffy, are you feeling better from Friday? You gave us all quite a scare.” Not even Buffy noticed the head cheerleaders sympathy was fake, as everyone at the table turned to look at her.

“Umm yeah I am fine thank you.” Suddenly wanting something to distract her self from being the centre of attention she reached out for her drink, only to realise she had left it up by the cash register. “Umm, Spike I forgot my drink I’m just going to go and get it.”

“No need, Buffy.” She looked up again in to Cordelia's smiling face. “Here take mine, I’ve had all I want anyway.” As Buffy looked at Cordelia holding out the bottle for her to take, it brought forth a sudden memory from the weekend. Feeling suddenly nauseous, Buffy excused herself and ran for the girls bathroom.

Spike watched her go with a concerned look on his face. Turning back to the table he looked at the brunette. “Cordy, do you mind going to check she’s ok?”

Huffing Cordelia got up from the table, but then made sure to give Spike a dazzling smile to make him think she wasn't really annoyed at having to go and check on the nerd. “Sure, guess I could do that.”

Walking into the toilets, Cordelia saw a very pale looking Buffy stood by the sinks. “Oh poor little Buffy, has all that popularity gone to your head. You are going to have to start acting better in public, Spike won't stand for a wuss you know. He has higher standards in his girls, not that I can see him sticking with you very long. But come on 'best friend' lets get back to the boys.” Cordelia was now stood side by side with Buffy, her two facedness on full display. She reached out for her arm and was about to drag her back to the dinner hall, when Buffy turned to look at her with an angry expression in her eyes shocking Cordelia.

“You made me a drink on Friday night didn't you? Why?”

Rattled, Cordelia looked into her eyes. “I, umm, I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“You know exactly what I am talking about, Cordelia Chase. I may not remember everything that happened to me that night, but I sure as hell know that you had something to do with me ending up in your pool, and trust me when I say I am going to get to the bottom of what happened and when I do? You can guarantee the whole school is going to find out what you did!”

Buffy then turned on her heels and left the stuttering Cordelia behind her. Anger suddenly making her feel more confident, Buffy walked out of the bathroom and back to her waiting boyfriend with her head held high.

TBC.....
Friends by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
I am sick, and just hope I can get this finish. So thank you for sticking with me on this, I just hope I don't dissappoint you all.
When Buffy sat back down at the cafeteria table, Spike automatically knew that something was different with her.

“You okay, pet?” He asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“Me? Oh, I’m fine.” Taking hold of his hand she gently used it to get his arm around her shoulder, before letting go.

He smiled at her change in attitude to earlier in the day, then remembered that he had sent Cordy after her.

“Where’s Barbie, love?”

“Powdering her nose, I think. She’ll be back soon.”

Just at that moment Cordelia reappeared and sat down next to Angel as far away from Buffy as possible. Spike noticed that she looked whiter than normal and wondered exactly what had just happened in the girls' loos a few moments ago.

Buffy broke him out of his musings with a quick kiss to his cheek.

“Deep in thought?”

Spike just smiled and gave her back a gentle kiss on the forehead.

“So, Buff.” Buffy winced at the name, it was what her friend Xander called her, and she didn’t like one bit when someone she despised as much as Angel called her by it.

Faking a sweet smile she looked up at him. “Yeah?”

“Coming to the Bronze with us tonight?”

Concern marred both Buffy and Spike's face simultaneously, but for different reasons. Buffy had planned on catching up with Willow tonight and maybe even going to the cinema with her. Whereas Spike was worried that it would be too much for Buffy to handle it all in one day.

Harmony spoke up for the first time, finally tearing her eyes away from Spike for a brief moment.

“Oh my god, blondie bear, you should so come! We haven’t been able to go to the Bronze while we where doing that stupid play. Now that it's all done we should totally go out and party!”

“Umm” Spike however was saved from having to give an answer when Cordelia spoke.

“Harmony! The play was not stupid. Hello, I was in it!”

Harmony tried desperately to quickly backtrack before she could really anger the head cheerleader. “Oh, I didn’t mean it was stupid, ‘cause of course you were like so amazing. I just meant because it took all our time and we haven’t had time to go party.”

Spike sniggered over the arguing blonde pair. Cordelia really could live up to her name of queen bitch when she wanted to, he watched as she made Harmony squirm.

“So, anyway.” Angel’s voice sounded over the two girls. “Bronze?”

Spike spoke for them both. “Was kinda planning on taking Buffy out, alone.”
Cordelia looked at Angel. “Sweetie, we shouldn’t force them to go if they want a nice quiet night just for the two of them. Plus it's probably a bit of a short notice for Buffy to wear something. You don’t want her sticking out like a sore thumb, do you?”

“I don’t know. If she has any more of these outfits that show off her tits and butt, she’ll fit in just fine.” This earned Angel a slap from his girlfriend, and a scowl from Spike, and succeeded in making Buffy feel very uncomfortable.

Buffy, however could also see just what Cordelia was doing. She was trying to make it so that Buffy didn’t go but it didn’t look like she was stopping her. Well, Buffy wasn’t going to fall for that trick.

“Spike, you know what? It might actually be fun, and like Harmony said you haven’t been to Bronze since the play. We should go with your friends. But don’t worry Cordelia, I am sure I can find something to wear.”

Spike looked at her with concern written all over his face. “Sure you want to go, pet? Don’t want you to feel pressured or anything.”

Now that she had played Cordy at her own game, it was time to reassure her boyfriend. “I really want to go. You never know...I might actually enjoy it.”

“Your wish is my command, pet” He gave her a quick kiss before turning back to the rest of the group at the table. “We’ll meet you there at eight.”

“Cool.” Angel and the rest of the group then went back to eating their lunch.

“Spike?” Buffy had started to sound a little unsure again now.

Spike gave a quick kiss to the top of her head, “Yeah pet?”

“If we are going out tonight...do you mind if I go and spend the rest of lunch with Willow? I just haven’t had the chance to see her over the weekend”

“Sure, you go have a good chin wag with your mate. Say nice things about me.” We a cheeky grin he sent her on her way.

Spike watched as her hips switched from side to side as she walked towards her friends. As he finally turned back round to his table he found all his friends staring at him. It was Cordelia who spoke first.

“Spike what are you doing with her?”

Before Spike could answer though, Angel started his tirade again.

“Really mate, when will this crazy spell end? We though you had hit the bottom of the barrel with Dru. Surely there are easier ways to get laid. Sure, I mean she's hot and everything, and I'd love to have my way with her when you're finished. But she’s a geek, she’s not one of us!”

Spike could barely contain his anger. “Watch what you are saying there!”

“Only saying what the whole school is thinking.”

“Bloody hell, peaches, not everything is about shaggin’”

“Angel has a point, Blondie bear, she doesn’t exactly fit in with us.”

“Sod this” Spike could put up with their intervention no longer, he got up angrily from the table, causing his chair to fall to the floor behind him. “Gonna go find Gunn and leave you wankers to yourselves.” With that he stalked out of the cafeteria, with nearly everyone's eyes on him.

Everyone but Buffy that is, who was too busy catching up with her friends to notice the commotion at the popular table. They had immediately made room for her at the table, and Anya had asked in her usual blunt style if Buffy had been enjoying lots of orgasms off Spike, which unsurprisingly had caused everyone to blush and allow silence to descend upon them.

It had been Xander who had broken that silence. “Love the new look Buff.”

“Yeah, it’s umm…different.” Buffy's red headed best friend stammered. Buffy could tell that she couldn’t decide if she actually did like it or not.

“Xander, close your mouth, you’re starting to drool. I am sure Buffy didn’t come over here to have you stare at her. She came to tell us about all the amazing sex she is having with Spike.” Anya finished with a flourish. Once again everyone looked at Anya mortified. “What? I’m right, aren’t I?”

“Anya, I didn’t come over here to tell you about the sex between Spike and I. I mean, not that we are…you know. Not that we couldn’t...I mean…”

“Buffy, breathe.” Buffy looked over at her level headed friend.

“Sorry, guys.”

“It's cool.” Xander had managed to stop staring at Buffy’s new look and was now joining in normal conversations. “So what happened this weekend? You know everyone’s saying stuff, right?”

“Really Xand’, it had slipped my notice!”

“Bummer.” Oz mimicked her sarcastic tone, though coming from him it was hard to tell if it was sarcasm at all.

“D-d-don’t listen to them.”

Buffy gave Tara a kind smile. “Don’t worry, I wasn’t.”

“Buffy what did happen between you and Spike? You two seem very cosy.” It was Willow who finally asked the question that everyone was dying to know the answer to.

Cosy was a good word; Buffy liked being cosy with Spike. “Well it was kinda fast.”

“Told you I was right, she’s pregnant!”

Buffy just gave Anya a confused look. “Pregnant? Anyways it happened after the play.”

“Buffy I tried looking for you, but I couldn’t find you anywhere, I figured you must have left, so Oz gave me a lift home.”

“Hey, it's fine Will, kinda worked out really well, actually” A small smile crept to her lips as she recounted the rest of the weekend's events, her friends were thoroughly enthralled throughout. It was safe to say that they found the real story of events much more interesting than half the rumours they had been hearing all day.

“So yeah that's everything, and now I am going to the Bronze tonight. Me at the Bronze, who would have thought!”

“Will you be okay?”

Buffy knew her best friend was just looking out for her. “Will it’s the Bronze. I will be fine, I mean what could honestly go wrong?”

“You know what I mean, Buffy. Have you told Spike about…?"

“No! He doesn’t need to know yet!”

“B-b-but sweetie, if you like him s-s-shouldn’t he be told?”

“Look, I have decided and he doesn’t need to know!”

Anya didn’t look up from her macaroni and cheese. “He’ll know soon enough anyway, it's not like you can’t take your pills.”

This time it was not an embarrassed silence that fell over all of them, as they knew Anya just spoke the truth.

“I...umm...need to go the library, anyone want to be my bodyguard against the mob?” Buffy tried to lighten the mood again.

There were a few 'Sure!'s around the table, but in the end everyone got up to go with her. They would do anything to protect their Buffy just like she would do for them.

“I think I have to be back here before the bell to meet Spike again though, is that okay?”

With several nods they headed off to the library all together.

TBC…
Home Time by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Am trying my hardest to finish this while i can but can't 100% promise, but I am doing my best,. x
Chapter 10: Home time

Faith played with the unlit cigarette between her fingers. She really had meant to stick with Grant this time, she really had, but something had happened to put an end to that. The same thing that always happened. Faith had gotten bored. She’d been playing around with him this morning and all the fun had just gone out of it. Well okay, most of the fun had gone out of it, fooling around with a guy was never exactly a chore! But whatever the reason for the boredom the outcome was always the same, Faith was left alone looking for her next easy lay.

Maybe, she thought, she would leave it a few days this time before going after her next, give her a bit of time to do some school stuff so she didn’t completely flunk out this year.

She was about to light her cigarette when she saw her brother leaning against the wall by the gym door about to do the same to his cigarette.

Sauntering over to him, she stuck hers into his flame, Spike never looked up from his lighter.

“Shouldn’t you be off with Gary or Greg or whatever the wanker’s name was?”

“Grant” Faith said in a dull voice feeling compelled to correct him.“This one wasn’t that bad, I just got bored. I could say the same to you anyway. Shouldn’t you be off with the bouncy blonde cheerleader wannabe?”

“Buffy” Spike corrected in the same dull tone that she had. “She’s seeing her friends.”

“Thought you were going to be her white knight and protect her all day.” Faith raised her eyebrow at him.

“Who says I haven’t been doing?”

Faith laughed as she took a drag of her cigarette causing her to start coughing.

Spike raised an eyebrow back at her. “Those things will kill you, sis.”

“Speak for yourself.”

Spike rolled his eyes at her and took another long drag.

“I have been hearing some very interesting things today about my baby bro and his girl.”

“Twins, Faith, you’re only a minute older.”

Faith just laughed, she always knew exactly how to wind him up with minimal effort. “How’s B doing being centre of attention? No episodes?” She said the last word really slowly.

Spike looked unsure for a moment. “She’s...umm...doing good. I have tried deflecting most of the attention away from her, not much else I can do. I mean, I don’t know how serious her sodding condition is, do I?”

“Well spike-y you have two options. Choice A) ask her about it, or choice B) find out how strong her medication is and how much she takes.”

Spike knew he only really had option B. He was about to say something when the bell sounded the end of lunch.

“I gotta go find my girl, you gonna go to class?”

“Nah, think I’ll give it a miss. Book learning was never my thing, I prefer one on one.” She gave him a fake smile to reassure him.

“You sure you’re okay, sis?”

“Five by five. Now go, B’ll be waiting.”

He gave her one last look before going back through the gym doors leaving Faith alone again.

“Oh yeah.” She whispered to herself “Five by five.”

***


The rest of the school day had been uneventful, people were still gossiping about them but Buffy knew that wasn't likely to stop for a good few days, or at least until the next gossip worthy thing happened.

She had just finished her favourite lesson, the coolest guy in school was her boyfriend and she had stood up to Cordelia Chase. In short, things were looking rather rosy in the world of Buffy Summers. Talking of short things though, the skirt she was wearing was starting to drive her up the wall. She didn't know how people wore them all the time, maybe there was a trick to it. All day long she had felt it right up her legs as she moved trying to reveal her panties, she had had to fight with it all day to keep it down, she was definitely looking forward to getting home and putting on her comfy dungaree's. Pulling her skirt down one last time she packed the rest of her belongings into her bag and stepped into the hallway where she expected to see Spike waiting.

However the hall just held the last few stragglers of students. Buffy's face dropped slightly at the lack of Spike, but then her genius brain actually kicked into gear and she remembered that normally on a Monday afternoon she would be walking home past the football fields, in hopes of just catching a glimpse of him at practice. Just because they where dating didn't mean she would expect him to give up his sports and things, but at least now she wouldn't have to ogle him from afar. Instead she would leave him a note on his car and walk home. She knew she would be seeing him later anyway. She might walk past the fields anyway, just for old times sakes of course.

***

As she approached his car a huge smile lit up her face. There sat on the bonnet was Spike Hamilton in all his sexy bad boy glory.

“Took your sodding time, didn’t you?”

He jumped off his car and went to give her a kiss on her lips, tasting her cherry lipgloss.

“Mmm” as they broke apart she looked at him. “Wait a second, isn't Monday practise?”

“Told coach I thought I was coming down with something so couldn't train.” He gave her his best sick look causing Buffy to giggle.

“Your a bad boy, Spike.”

A delicious smirk lit up his features. “You love it when I'm bad, baby.”

She felt her knees turn to jelly as his sexy voice did things to her she had not felt before. She knew she had to get back onto safer topics.

“Umm, I would have been ok getting home, y'know.”

Spike immediately switched back to sensible mode. “And let you bloody walk home on your own, I think not. No girl of mine should have to walk home!” He took her heavy bag off her shoulder and replaced it with his arm as they walked the short distance back to the car. When they reached the car he held the passenger door open for her. “Your chariot, me lady.”

Giggling Buffy carefully got into his car, but flinched slightly as the cold leather hit her bare legs.

As Spike got into the car, he glanced over at Buffy who was squirming in her seat causing her already short skirt to rise even higher. Was she just trying to kill him?

“Y' 'k?” He managed to choke out.

Buffy immediately stopped moving and gave him an embarrassed look. “Cold seat.”

“Here” He threw his duster at her, which she carefully wrapped round her legs, stopping her wriggling. “Thank you”

The rest of the journey was made in relative silence, but it was a comfortable silence. They both just felt relaxed in each others presence.

When they finally got to Buffy's house she leaned over to give him a quick kiss and gave him his coat back. “Thank you for taking me home, Spike, you are very sweet, but I promise I won't tell a soul”

“Need me to walk you to the door?”

Buffy just giggled. “Spike, we are a few feet from my door, I think I can manage.”

“It might not be safe kitten.”

“We are in the middle of Sunnydale, at 4 o'clock, what could possibly happen walking that short distance?”

“Well if you want to chance it...”

Buffy leaned over and gave him another kiss. “I am sure I will be fine. What time are you picking me up tonight?”

“Be here for about half seven-ish.”

Giving him one last kiss she jumped out the car while she still had will to leave. As she walked to her front door she felt Spikes eyes on her the whole way. As she opened her door she gave him one last look, to find him staring heatedly at her, but slipping inside her house.

Leaning against the door she listened to him reverse his car off her drive, kicking her shoes off Buffy let out the girliest squeal before dancing round her front room, and eventually heading upstairs to find something to wear tonight that would make Spike have that same look in her eyes she had just seen.

Yep, today hadn't been so bad after all.

TBC....
Snooping and Snuggling by Nikilicious
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone, I know it has taken me a long time to update this and I am sorry but I don't come with good news. This is probably the last chapter that I will be posting. I am hoping that possibly someone may finish my stories for me when I am gone. But I hope you like this chapter. xxx
Chapter 11: Snooping and Snuggling

Stepping out the shower, Buffy heard the front door downstairs open, knowing that her mum was out but not worried that anyone else would just walk into her house, she knew it must be Spike.

“I'm upstairs!” She shouted down to him. Hearing a mumbled response she continued to hum to herself and finish putting her make-up on while in the bathroom.

Downstairs Spike had knocked several times but hearing no response had decided to just enter the house. He heard the shower shut off as he entered and heard Buffy call to him. Taking that as meaning she wanted him to go upstairs instead of waiting downstairs like always, Spike took this opportunity of seeing her room for the first time.

Taking his duster off, he threw it over the banister and continued up the stairs. Knocking quietly on her bedroom door he entered to find it empty; she must still be in the bathroom. Knowing he probably should go back downstairs and just wait for her to get ready, Spike was about to turn round when he remembered what Faith had said to him 'Choice A) ask her about it, or choice B) find out how strong her medication is and how much she takes'.

Well if she was going to keep her meds somewhere, her bedroom was probably going to be the best place to find it. Taking the time to actually see her room now, Spike was struck by just how adorable this girl really was. Her room was painted a very girly pink, soft toys covered her bed, there were pictures on her walls, of pony's and kittens mixed in with photos of her friends and family. In one corner of her room was a doll’s house; if the room hadn't had his girlfriend’s name on the door he would have been worried he had just walked into her little sister’s room. Yeap, she was definitely adorable. Spike was actually starting to come to terms with the fact that he was seriously falling for Buffy.

“Come on you ninny, standing here looking at her stuffed toys isn't looking for her sodding pills.” Realising he was talking to himself, he shook his head and walked over to her bedside table, the best place to start.

Opening the top draw to find her pink fluffy diary staring up at him, and tempted to read it to find out about her illness, he carefully picked it up and was about to find a way to pick the lock when a certainly very un-childlike Buffy walked into the bedroom. Hearing the door open Spike spun round quickly, slipping the diary back in the draw before Buffy could see; however his eyes nearly popped out his head when he saw her. She stood in front of him, her hair messed up, wearing just a red bra and panties and a pissed off look on her face.

A surge of lust so profound overcame Spike as he saw her standing there that before either of them knew what was happening, he was up close to her. His hands were wrapped in her golden blond hair and his mouth crushed to hers.

Buffy froze for a second before she relaxed and responded to his kiss. She opened her lips just a fraction allowing Spike to slip in and caress her tongue with his, causing her to moan.

Feeling her encouragement, Spike ran the fingers of his right hand down her arm, then around her waist to her lower back to finally rest on the waistband of her panties just above her bottom, her skin breaking out into goose bumps wherever he touched. Buffy in return moved her hands up to arch round his neck.

Pressing her body closer to his, she could feel just how this kiss was affecting him; the woman inside her revelled in the fact that she could have this effect on him. Spike pulled her closer to him, lifting her off her feet, yet his lips never left hers.

Carefully he guided her over to the bed. Gently he laid her down and moved his hand from around her back to fan out on her bare stomach. Finally pulling his lips away from hers he spread kisses along her jaw bone and down to her neck.

Her breath coming in sharp pants, Buffy lazily opened her eyes to look at her boyfriend, and the reality of where they were came crashing down on her. Staring down at her was the Backstreet Boys posters she had stuck to her ceiling years ago. Blushing bright red, Buffy lightly pushed Spike away from her.

Confused, Spike looked up. “What's wrong, Buffy?”

His movement on the bed caused her favourite teddy, a stuffed pig she had christened Mr Gordo, to come rolling towards them.

“Umm, I'm not quite ready for this Spike. I am sorry.”

Spike quickly hid his disappointment. He wasn't really surprised, this was Buffy's first romance and she would want to take things slow. He didn't really want to treat Buffy like the rest of the girls anyway. She was special and he wanted to treat her as such. He knew that when the time came and she was ready he would make it as amazing for her as was physically in his power to.

“I am sorry pet, I didn't mean to rush you. You just looked so stunning standing there. Sorry. I should go wait downstairs for you.”

Standing up, Spike wished he suddenly had his duster to wrap around him and hide the obvious evidence of his arousal, damn this girl. Instead, he carefully kept his back to Buffy.

As soon as Spike was off the bed, Buffy jumped up and wrapped her dressing gown around herself. “Umm...Spike”

Spike turned his head to look at her, but didn't say anything.

“Umm, thank you for that though, it was, you know...amazing.” Blushing, she quickly turned around so he wouldn't see.

Smirking, Spike left the room to wait for her to finish getting ready. He hadn't found what he had been looking for in her room but it had certainly been worth coming up here.

***

Spike sat on the sofa, twiddling his thumbs. Why wasn't she down yet? She'd seemed like she was nearly ready when he was upstairs with her. How long did it bloody take for a woman to decide on what to wear? Surely they can't have that many sodding clothes?

Getting up from the sofa Spike started to pace around the lounge that he was starting get to know so well. The fireplace with the painting of the landscape above it, the sofa you sunk into a little bit too much if you sat too far back, the rug in the center of the room which everyone stood on but no one every really looked at, and then of course the armoire in the corner. Suddenly Spike had an idea. Poking his head back out of the living room he looked up the stairs towards Buffy’s bedroom where he could distantly hear her huffing to herself. Confident she wouldn't suddenly come down he went back into the living and over to the thing I can't name. Flipping the lid down, he started to search through the compartments. Surely if this is where Mrs. Summers kept all her important paperwork she would keep the details of her daughter’s prescription here.

Flicking through a few pieces of paper Spike grunted when he didn't find what he was looking for. Putting them back where he found them he pulled out a fresh pile and started to flick through those. Again he drew a blank, it was safe to say Mrs Summers saved a lot of crap, throwing those back into the bureau. Taking out a third pile he started to shift through those too.

He was about to throw the third useless pile back where he had got it from when he heard Buffy clear her throat behind him. Freezing, Spike knew there was no way he could get away without Buffy noticing this time; the only option was to face the music.

Turning round with the pile still in his hand he faced a fuming Buffy, who stood there in a red mini dress with her hands on her hips.

“You done snooping through my mom’s recites? Or should I leave you alone down here to do that a little bit longer?”

Spike looked at Buffy with a guilty look on his face. “Umm...this isn't what it looks like?”

“That a question or a statement? Cuz I don't know what to make of this. What were you doing? Actually, you know what? We are already running late; don't want Cordy thinking I have found a way to ditch this. You can tell me what you were doing on the way home. That way I guess you’ll have time to come up with a excuse later. Come on.”

Turning around, she started to storm out the house. Spike sped up a couple of paces to keep up, reaching his hand out he placed in on the base of her back.

Spinning around Buffy nailed him a stare so severe it stopped Spike in his tracks. “Don't you dare touch me tonight!”

She then spun back around and stormed out to his car, tonight was going to be a fun evening for both of them.

TBC....
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=21150