Love Me by slaymuch
Summary: COMPLETE! New summary: Buffy was dumped by her boyfriend, Angel, for being an inadequate girlfriend in bed. Desperate to get him back, Buffy asks her best friend Spike to tutor her in the ways of lust. Will their friendship remain the same as the bleached blonde teaches Buffy how to please a man in bed? NEW NOMINATION: This story has been nominated for the FL awards for best Spike Characterization. Special thanks to the person who nominated! Those of you who would like to vote for me can go to this link: http://community.livejournal.com/fl_awards/
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 47399 Read: 38415 Published: 12/08/2006 Updated: 03/30/2007

1. Dumped by slaymuch

2. The Deal by slaymuch

3. The ick factor by slaymuch

4. Awakening by slaymuch

5. Crush by slaymuch

6. Chemistry by slaymuch

7. Sparks Fly by slaymuch

8. The waiting game by slaymuch

9. Facing your fear by slaymuch

10. Rattled by slaymuch

11. Acceptance by slaymuch

12. Addicted by slaymuch

13. Complicated by slaymuch

14. Best day ever (part 1) by slaymuch

15. Best day ever (part 2) by slaymuch

16. Happy Birthday! by slaymuch

17. Beautiful by slaymuch

18. Inevitable (part one) by slaymuch

19. Inevitable (part two) by slaymuch

20. Sorry (The conclusion) by slaymuch

Dumped by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my wonderful beta, Natalie for working on this chapter with me!
Warning: B/A scene at the beginning but nothing graphic. This is my first attempt at an almost PWP story (minimal plot) Also, please note that although Angel is called “Angel” in this story, he’ll act more like Angelus.


**************
“I love you,” Buffy confessed to Angel as he guided her slowly inside his bedroom.

Since returning to school as a senior after the long summer, the only mantra Buffy recited over and over inside her head was: "I will get Angel to be my boyfriend this year." She was a high school nobody who hung out with friends belonging to the same category. As far Angel was concerned, she didn’t exist until she showed up in his English class one day with her new honey blonde hairdo sans the eyeglasses. It was on that very same day that Angel began to ask her out.


They were three weeks into their new relationship when Angel’s birthday came. At the party Cordy had thrown for him, Buffy had a great time. Everything seemed to have gone pretty well until the party ended and Angel asked her to up to his room.


“Right back at you, honey,” he answered as he carefully began unzipping his fly.


“What are you doing?” Buffy was so mortified that she had taken a few steps back.


“What does it look like I’m doing, baby?” He told her briskly as he dropped his pants and boxers. It had been three full weeks of keeping his hands to himself and it was driving him insane. Ever since he saw the newly transformed Buffy, all he could think about was how great it would be to get her into bed. He knew that she was kind of new to the game of making out. The first few kisses that they shared confirmed it. So he had to keep in mind to take it slow with her.. He didn’t want to scare her off. However, now that it was his birthday, he thought it was about time he started getting some action from his innocent blonde girlfriend. He liked the idea of taking her innocence since he knew it was going to be a rare experience, especially with the school he goes to. He already felt so hard as a rock just thinking about it.



“Oh God!” Buffy blushed profusely as she quickly covered her eyes with both of her hands.


Angel laughed softly and moved to uncover her eyes. “ I’ll have none of that now. Please…” He pleaded.


“But I already told you that I’m not ready to have sex-“


“We’re not going to, I swear. But there are other things we could do that could be almost as good as the real thing.”


“You want me to give you a….”


“A head. Please baby, I need you...“ He pleaded as he pulled her down so that was now kneeling, facing his swollen cock.


Buffy looked at his nude form in fear. “ I don’t think….”


“Baby, you have to.”


“ I can’t Angel. I’m sorry.” And with that she quickly ran out of his room, her face filled with tears.

*************

Buffy cried throughout the night. She cried so hard that she ended up having a slight migraine the morning after. Life sucks, she thought to herself. Her mind kept going over what happened the previous night as she brushed her teeth and changed into her shirt and jeans.


She remembered running outside Angel’s room with Angel following quickly after her to tell her that their relationship wasn’t working out. He told her he was sorry for making her cry. He said he didn’t mean to hurt her and that inside he was hurting as well.

Buffy could not believe he dumped her. She also couldn’t believe how much she hated herself at that moment. Angel was her whole world. How could she have turned him down like that? If only she had said yes and tried doing what he wanted her to do then she and Angel would still be together.

How hard was it really to suck his freakin’ thingy. Truth was, she hadn’t even seen one up close before. She had no idea that a guy’s thingy could grow that big. Even at that moment, she still found herself cringing at the memory of its bell shaped top with something gooey oozing out of it. Ugh! It wasn’t a pretty sight.


But even if it was far from being a thing of beauty, Buffy still blamed herself for reacting the way she did. Angel had cared about her. At least, that was what he said every time they would kiss and neck in the back of his car.


It’s not too late. There’s still a chance that Angel would take her back. If only she knew how.


“Angel’s broken.”


Joyce’s voice brought Buffy out of her deep thought. She didn’t realize that she was already standing at the bottom of the stairs of their living room. “Huh?”


“Our Angel’s broken, “Joyce repeated, showing her the broken angel Christmas ornament that she took out of the box. “I must’ve accidentally broken it when I took it from the attic.”


“Oh,” Buffy said when she realized what her mom was talking about.


”We need to buy a new one,” Joyce chirped as she handed her daughter a box of other ornaments to put up on their tree.


“I could run to the store if you want.” Buffy offered.


“No, we could do that together when I get back from Boston on Sunday. Anyway, we still have three weeks before Christmas.”


“Okay.”


“Are you all right, sweetie? You look a little pale and-“


“Angel and I broke up.” Buffy croaked before her mom took her in her arms to comfort her.


“Aw….My darling Buffy,” Joyce coaxed. “I’m sure everything’s gonna be okay.”


“Oh mom, you always say that but it never does.”


“Buffy...”


“They always leave. They all do. First my dad and now-“ She broke into a fresh set of tears.


”What happened?” Spike emerged from their kitchen, looking agitated. He just came from the back door and the minute he heard Buffy’s soft cry, he got worried.


As soon as Joyce saw Buffy’s best friend impatiently standing beside her, she automatically handed over Buffy to him.


“Buffy…” He whispered softly as he hugged her fiercely.” What happened, pet?”



“A-Angel…and I ….broke-up.” She managed to say between sobs. ”H-he dumped me.”



“That bastard.”


“It’s not his fault.”


“Sure it’s not,” he said sarcastically.


Joyce cleared her throat and spoke-up. “Buffy, I still have a few boxes of decorations left in the attic. I think I’ll go and get it.”


“I can help you carry them, Mrs. Summers.” Spike offered.


“No dear, I’m fine. They’re not really heavy,” Joyce explained before she started to head upstairs.


“The poof doesn’t deserve you, Buffy. You should be happy that he left you.” Spike told her when they were finally alone.


“But I love him, Spike.”


“ I don’t know…Maybe you just think you do. You really don’t know him that well so how could you think-“


“How could you say that? You don’t even know a thing about falling in love, Spike! I mean, God! You change your girlfriend as often as you change your socks.” She pointed out.


“ I know this may sound a little hard to believe, but the poof happens to be a lot worse than yours truly. He’s not who you think he is, Buffy.”


“I did not say he was perfect, Spike. I like him the way he is. He’s my soul mate.”


Spike heaved a big sigh and tried to calm himself. “What exactly happened between you two that made him dump you? I mean no man in his right mind would let you-“


“It’s all my fault,” she said, feeling hopeless. She wished there was some way she could make Angel change his mind. She could come back and say that she could try again to please him. Things would’ve been a lot simpler if she would only learn how to overcome her fear of having sex. If only she had someone who could help her...


“What ever it was, Buffy, I’m sure that it’s totally not your fault. You should- why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something between my teeth?”


“Spike!” She chirped, her face suddenly showing signs of hope.


“Buffy?” He asked worriedly.


“We’ve been best of friends for a long time, right?”


“Yeah, but I don’t see what this has anything to do with-“


“And all this time I’ve always been there for you whenever you needed me.”


“That’s true,” he said. “ How come I have a feeling that I’m not gonna like where you’re going with this?”


“You’re an expert when it comes to pleasing women.”


“Uh…hu…”


“Spike, can you help me?”


“Sure yeah. What do you want me to do?”


“Can you teach me how to please a man in bed?”


TBC

A/N: Been toying with this idea for a while now. Unlike my other story – “For you I will”, this is gonna be over in 8 or 10 chapters, it depends. Let me know if you if you liked it so I could start writing the rest of the chapters.
The Deal by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
Spike opened and closed his mouth like a fish. He remained rooted to his spot, not really sure if he heard her right.


Buffy began to get worried when Spike continued to remain motionless for several seconds. God, I think I broke him.


“Spike? Are you okay?” Buffy waved an impatient hand at his face. “Earth to bleached head!”



Buffy was about to give him a tap on his arm when he suddenly burst out laughing. “ You (laughs) got me there (laughs), luv! For a minute there (laughs) I thought you were bloody serious.”



Buffy stared at Spike like he’d grown a second head. Yup, I definitely broke him.



Spike’s laughing fit went on and on until he caught the look that his best friend was giving him. Bloody hell! She was really asking him to teach her how to please a man in bed! Suddenly, an image of Buffy in a school uniform with a very short skirt swiftly flashed through his brain.


He sat on the nearest couch and grabbed a pillow to put on his lap. What the fuck is going on? - he mentally scolded himself as willed his erection to go away. “You ARE serious.”



“ ‘Course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked, crossing her arms. She was completely unaware of his current discomfort.



“Summers, if this is some bloody joke you and the whelp had -“ He paused as he took a quick look around the room. “Am I being punked? Are there some bloody cameras hidden behind those curtains?”



“Spike will you quit fooling around! I just asked you a simple question. Are you gonna teach me how to-“



“No.” Spike answered quickly, not really wanting to hear the rest of her question again.



Buffy approached and glared at him. ”Why not?”




“Because….”



“Because?” She cocked an eyebrow.



“Because….I’m not…I don’t think I could do what you’re asking from me.” He told her sincerely. “I’m not the one who you should be asking this.”



“What?! Would you rather I went to Xander? I could but-“



“Bloody hell, you’re not gonna go to Xander!” He suddenly stood up with his face red with anger. “Why couldn’t you just go and ask Red ?”



“She's out of town, remember? And it's not like I could ask Willow about these sorts of things! “



“How about Anya? I’m sure she’d be more than happy to help you.”



“I already did that.”


“You did? And what did her royal bluntness say?”


Mini flashback at the school cafeteria


“Buffy, I really wish I could help so you could have your knight in shining armor back but I can’t.” Anya replied casually as she took a bite out of her salad.


“You mean you won’t.”


“That too.”


“But why? Isn’t this supposed to be your line of expertise? Anya, you know everything about pleasing a guy. I mean you talk about your sex life like every single day. ”


“Well that’s just it. Xander and I had a fight over it yesterday. He said I couldn’t last a day without mentioning the words…” She turned down her voice. ”gasmor and espin."


"Huh?"


"I jumbled up the words so I could live up to my promise.”



“Are you sure we’re talking about the same Xander because he’s not the type who would complain over that sort of thing.”



“Yeah! That’s exactly what I thought! It’s like he was a totally different person when his parents were around.”



Buffy almost choked on her sandwich. “You mean you said those words while Mr. And Mrs. Harris were there with you?”



“It was a family dinner. I didn’t know what the freakin’ deal was?” Anya said, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, so during our fight, I told him that he thought wrong and I could certainly last an entire month of not mentioning those words to anyone…That I could be like Willow if I want to.” She nodded to punctuate her words.



“ A month?”



“Well, actually he said if I could just do it for at least two weeks, he’ll be overjoyed. So if you could just wait until then, I’ll gladly help you out with your problem.”


End of flashback




“Two weeks?” Spike repeated in disbelief.



“She sounded pretty serious,” she said.



“So that’s the solution then, you wait for two weeks.”



Buffy whined. “I don’t think that that would be the right move. I think Angel would’ve already gone out with another girl by that time. And besides, you know that senior prom is coming.”



“Well, that’s just it! If peaches could not keep it in his pants for a few more months then he’s not the right man for you.”



“Shut-up, Spike. I don’t want to hear this! I’ve already made up my mind that I’m gonna fight for him.” She scolded. “ I don’t see why you can’t help me out with this. I thought you were my best friend.”



“I am. But-“



“Spike, we never hid anything from each other before. We tell each other everything. I mean, I even knew that you had a crush on me when I was fourteen.” She recalled.



“I did?” He cleared his throat. ”Oh yeah, of course I did.” It must’ve been around the time when he was bloody pissed. “But you do remember that that crush ended shortly after you threw-up all over my new Doc Martens boots a few minutes later.”


“Please don’t remind me again. “ She cringed her nose and shook her head in disgust. “How was I to know that eating a burrito right before riding on the rollercoaster would be equal to badness?”



“Remind me not to bring you to the town’s fair this year.” He muttered.



“Please Spike. You have to help me.”



“I’m sorry, luv, but I can’t.” He said as he checked his watch, ”Oh look at the time! I have to meet with Harmony at the library. Please say goodbye to your mom for me. Thank you!” And with that babble, he quickly disappeared behind the door.



***********************
An hour later


Joyce yawned. “As much as I wanted to finish the movie with you, I need to go upstairs and get a good night’s sleep.”


“I understand, mom. You have an early flight tomorrow.”


“Are you sure you don’t want to stay at Aunt Edna’s house? Just until I get back?”


Buffy shook her head. “No. I’ll be fine. I’m in a no-boyfriend mode so you don’t have to worry about me Bronzing. I still have a few hours left of required moping time before I’ll be able to out with my friends again. “ She quipped, feigning a smile.


Joyce chuckled, knowing that her daughter was far from serious. “I’ll call Jenny and make sure Spike checks up on you each day.”



Buffy whined. “Do you have to? Mom, I’m already 17 years old. I don’t want that good for nothing bleached blonde getting in the way of my brooding phase.”



Just then, the doorbell rang. Buffy eagerly went to open the door, hoping that it was Angel standing on the other side of it. Her smile faded the moment she set her eyes on a pair of familiar blue eyes.



“Not so happy to see me, luv?”



“What do you want?” Buffy asked impatiently as she watched him step into the house.



“Good night, kids!” Joyce told them as she started to head upstairs.


“Good night, Mrs. Summers! Have a safe trip tomorrow!”


“Thanks.”



“Spike, what are you doing here?”


“I just want to tell you that I’ve decided to say yes to your ridiculous proposal… on one condition.”


"What's the condition?" She raised a suspicious eyebrow at him.


“There’s a girl in your English class that I’ve been wanting to meet. Dark beauty, new student, this tall and goes by the name of Drusilla.”


Buffy looked at him in disbelief. “You mean little miss ho bag?! Are you kidding me? That girl is freakin’ insane! I just bumped into her once, literally, and she practically growled at me! She looked like she was ready to scratch my eye out too. So I don’t think so. Why don’t you just approach her yourself?”


“You think I haven’t tried? I did try talking to her twice, but each time she just brushed me off. ”


“I see,” Buffy snickered. “You mean there’s finally a girl on the face of the earth who was able to resist your manly charms?”


“Haha. Very funny.” He frowned. “Come on, pet. You have done this sort of thing for me before and I know that she happens to be your lab partner.”


“You knew about that? What, are you her stalker now? What about Harmony?”


“Harmony is history, luv. I just broke up with her less than an hour ago.”


“How come I’m not surprised?” She muttered.


“Come on Buffy. I really want to ask her out to the prom. Do you want me to help you with your problem or not?”


Buffy suddenly turned serious. “I do need your help.”


“Then that leaves you no choice but to help me, pet.”


*********************

Spike sat side by side with Buffy on the couch watching the movie Die hard several minutes later.


“Tell me…what exactly happened between you and peaches?” He asked.


“I can’t tell you,” she said, her eyes still focused on the TV.


“Come on, luv. I thought we’re not supposed to keep secrets from one another.” He insisted. ”How can I help you if I don’t even know what the problem was?”


Buffy sighed exasperatedly. “I couldn’t do it, Spike.”



He eyed her with concern. ”Couldn’t do what?”



“He wanted me to give him a…blowjob and I couldn’t do it.”



“Why that bloody bastard!” Spike stood-up. His face was suddenly red with anger. “I’m gonna kill him!”



“Spike! Calm down, will you?”



Spike walked restlessly back and forth. “Have you told your mom about it?”



“What? No! Of course I’m not gonna tell mom. It’s not like he tried to force me. I followed him into his bedroom on my own free will.”



“He didn’t hurt you, did he? ‘Cause God help me if he did, I’m gonna-“


“He didn’t hurt me…at least not in the physical sense. “She looked down on the floor as tears started to fall from her eyes. “The pain came later when he said that he didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore.”



“Oh Buffy.” His face softened as he watch her sob like a little helpless girl. He sat next to her and took her in his arms. ”What were you doing with him in the first place, pet? That man was obviously nothing but a fool!”



Buffy stopped crying and looked-up to him. ”What do you mean?”



Spike was silent for a while before he went on. “I couldn’t imagine anyone would let go of someone as special as you.”



“You think I’m special? “ She asked, a hint of smile on her face.


Damn, she’s so beautiful. “Course I do, luv.”


“Thanks for being a friend, Spike. I really need that.” She told him as placed back her head on his shoulder and sighed. “He didn’t like the fact that I’m inexperienced when it comes to sex.”



“I see.” Spike tried not to sound too relieved over the fact that Buffy’s virginity is still intact. She is after all his best friend so it’s only natural for him to make sure that she’s not being taken advantage of by anyone.



“So I guess, that’s where you come in,” she said.


"Huh?" A moment of confusion hit him before he realized what she was really trying to say. So he shook his head. “Buffy, I don’t think I like the idea of you getting back with the poof.”



“Spike, we already talked about this and there’s no way you’re gonna change my mind. You have to teach me how to do IT.”



“When you say IT, you mean – blowjob?”



“Not just that. I want to learn everything.”



“Everything?” He gulped.



“Yes, everything.”



Spike looked at her thoughtfully. He knew her long enough to know that once she sets her mind on something, she won’t back down no matter what.


Getting on her bad side would be a very bad idea. What he needed to do is to work with her until he could find a way to convince her somehow that she doesn’t belong with Angel.



“Well that’s easy. All you have to do is watch a porn movie, then your problem will be over.”



“A porn movie?” Buffy repeated.



“I actually I have one at home so I’ll just bring it over after school,” Spike suggested.



“You own a porn movie?”



“We could watch it tomorrow night.“



Her eyes went wide. “You mean you’re gonna watch it with me?”



TBC




A/N: I’m so grateful for all of the reviews you left me me on the very first chapter of this story. They were truly awesome words that were enough to inspire me to put rest of my ideas into writing.

Thanks to Natalie for proof-reading this chapter for me! Finally, I was able to repost both chapters 1 and 2 with Natalie's revisions. Thanks a bunch to her and to everyone who offered good reviews and contructive criticism. I really appreciate it :-)
The ick factor by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my beta, Natalie!
The next day



Buffy and Spike had been the best of friends for four years. They had been together for so long that spending a Sunday afternoon watching movies at the Summers’ residence had always been a favorite usual thing to do.


Their usual day would begin with a big argument over which movie to play first until one of them gave in and then they would end up all snuggly-wuggly like nothing happened. The movie will never finished without finding them in their favorite comfy position: Spike’s head lying on Buffy’s lap with her fingers carefully massaging his scalp into relaxation.



But that day as Spike hit Play on the remote control, both of them knew that their usually usual routine would be anything but...usual. For the first time, Buffy felt so uncomfortable that she had to sit at the farthest end of the couch away from her Spike. The bleached blonde seemed to share the same inkling for he too had chosen the sit on the other end.


Even if the dialogues and actors sucked big time, she was actually doing all right with it until the female lead actor started to remove her top.



“You like her boobs?” The question was out of her mouth before she even realized it.



Spike was about to laugh at her question but when he turned and saw the serious look on her face, he stopped himself. “They…um…They look….fine…..to me.”


Buffy began to bite her nails as Victor, the male lead in the story began to unzip his fly. Buffy’s hands immediately went up to cover her eyes as she let out a shocked shriek. “Oh my God! I can’t believe I’m actually watching this!” There’s no way a guy’s thingy could be that big in real life! What she saw was probably some kind of camera trick. Yup, that’s definitely what it was. She looked at Spike and couldn’t help but wonder if Spike’s thing looked anything like it. Her eyes widened, shocked at how such an obscene thought had managed to slip into her thoughts.



“Okay, when you say watch it, does it mean I have to keep my eyes open throughout the entire movie?”



The bleached blonde chuckled. “You’re missing the important part.”



“You mean the part where he’s poking his thingy from behind her?” She said this in a disgusted tone, not liking the sound of groans and mewls coming through their surround speakers.



“I thought you weren’t looking, luv.”



“So I peeked…for like two seconds! “ She whined. “How can you stand watching something this gross!”



“It might have something to do with me belonging to the Y chromosome lineage?” He mocked.



She punched his arm.



“Ouch! That actually hurt!”



“Good coz’ it’s supposed to!”




”Buffy, if you’re not gonna watch, I might as well hit the stop button, luv.”



“So not an issue,” she muttered as Spike stopped the movie. “I’m sorry.”



“Don’t worry about it, pet. We’ll just think of something else.”



“Maybe there’s something wrong with me. Maybe I’m born not to have sex at all, Spike. Why do I feel like I’m gonna be sick each time I see a naked guy?”




“I think it’s normal for you to feel that way since you’re …”



“A pathetic virgin.”



He smiled whimsically. ”What you need to do is to get over your fear.”



“You mean my fear of men’s private parts? How?”



“Well…we could look over the net, maybe download some pictures of nude men. We could stick it all over your bedroom so that, in a way, you’ll get used to seeing it, pet.”



“Will you please stop making fun of me?!?”



“Who said I was making fun of you?”



“Oh,” she replied. ”In that case, I still can’t. What if my mom sees them? I can’t even keep them as a file coz’ she checks out my computer every once in a while too. I told you, my family doesn’t know the definition of privacy.



“She’s just looking out for you,” he told her. “Make sure that you stay away from-“



“Guys like you.” She finished for him. Buffy smiled at his disapproving look. He can be so cute when he’s scowling. Wait a minute! Since when did I find Spike cute?



“Do you want me to help you or not?” He asked her impatiently.



“Huh?” His question brought her out of her reverie. “I mean, yeah! I do,” she told him with more conviction.



“I guess browsing porn sites are out of the question.” Spike needed to come up with something else fast. The senior prom was only a few months away and if he wanted Dru to be his date, he needed to act quickly or someone else might get to her before him. He desperately needed to help Buffy with her problem first so she could fulfill her end of the bargain.



His mind began to work overtime to find some other options. Work, mind. Start with the basics. Think…What’s holding her back?



Then something clicked. What Buffy needed to do was to get rid of the “ick” factor first when it came to looking at men’s private parts. All right, now he’s getting somewhere. “Tell me, luv. What have you got against penises?“



“Are you suggesting that I’m gay, Spike?”



“Well have you even thought about it? Is it quite possible that you and Red probably share the same interests towards the same sex?”



“Come to think of it. I’ve never thought about it that way.” She said, playing along with him.” You could be right.”



“So how about we start looking over my stack of Playboy magazines?” He waggled his eyebrows at her.




Buffy cringed her nose once again. “I don’t think so.”



“This is getting absurd, Summers. How could you hate manly bits when you haven’t even seen one up close?”



“Who said I haven’t?” She said, avoiding his eyes.



Spike’s nose flared at the memory of what Angel did to her. “Then Peaches’ probably didn’t leave a good impression on you.”



“You’re telling me that not all man thingies look the same?” She told him in disbelief. “I mean I do know t-that they vary…. in sizes. But the bottom line is that all of them have that same effect on me.”



“What’s that?”



“They all make me hurl!”



“Damn it Summers, stop being so stubborn and listen to me.” He paused and heaved a big sigh before he added. “You know what, I’ll prove it to you.”



“How?” She closed her eyes in frustration. “There’s nothing on this earth that you could possibly do to make me think otherwise.”



“Bloody hell!” He can’t believe what he’s about to say- “I’llshowyitouBuffy.”



“What?“



“I said…” He took a deep breath before he blurted out. “I’ll show…IT to you.”



“You mean you have a magazine of naked men too?”



“No. Not magazine. “ He started to undo the top button of his jeans.



“W-whoa there! What the hell are you doing?” Buffy’s hands went automatically up to cover her eyes.



“Well isn’t obvious? I’m gonna show you my goodies.”



“Don’t! Hold on a sec!” Buffy held out one hand to motion him to stop while the other remained blocking her eyesight.



“Okay.”



“Are you still….Your thingy isn’t hanging out of your pants, is it?“



“No…” Spike smiled at her discomfort. “Not yet. “



Buffy winced. “Good. Because I want it to stay that way.”



“But pet, I believe the only way that I could prove you wrong is to show you my own penis since yours truly happen to own one.”



“What makes you so sure that I’m not gonna feel sick when I look at your umm...thingy?”



“I’m not. But we’re not gonna know for sure if we don’t try it, do we? Plus I’m your best friend. ” He explained. “Come on, pet. If you think about it, we always share secrets with one another so this should be a piece of cake. It will be for learning purposes only.”




Buffy’s heart started to pound loud. “When you say –share secrets. You’re not actually asking me to show you mine, too?”



“Well you could if -.” At her look of shock he immediately added,” But you’re not going to s-since you don’t want to. Are you sure you don’t want to?”



“Spike!” She said in warning tone.



“Okay, now that we’ve cleared that one out. Let’s continue where we left off, shall we?”



Buffy squeezed her eyes shut as his hand went back to where it was before. “I’m not gonna look.”



A zipping sound was heard.



“Eeep,” Buffy whimpered as her face turned into a deep shade of red.



Spike momentarily closed his eyes as he felt the air brush freely against his naked cock. “Look at me, Buffy.”




“I can’t,” she protested, shaking her head vigorously.



“Buffy.” His voice was low and full of sincerity when he moved closer and spoke softly in her ear. ”Don’t you trust me?”



She shuddered lightly at feel of his breath on her sensitive skin. “I do.”


With her heart pounding loudly in her ears, she gradually opened her eyes to find Spike looking at her with an unfathomable expression on his face. Damn, have his eyes have always been this blue? She seemed to have gotten lost in them before she remembered where she was and what she was about to do.



“Spike?” She whispered in confusion before her eyes wandered downwards. Her heart began to beat in an erratic pace as it landed on his neck, then on his shirt that was partially opened on the bottom to give her a better view of his toned abs and….




She wanted desperately to look away but to her utter dismay, she found that she couldn’t.




She gasped as her eyes landed on the mass of curls that pointed to his long and already hardening cock. She watched in amazement as it started to grow right in front of her.


And she thought Angel’s penis was huge! Looking at Spike’s erect pink cock, Angel’s didn’t even compare in size. When it jerked a little, her eyes shot up to look in Spike’s eyes in bewilderment. It was around that same time that she began to feel a new strange sensation that had started to build up deep within her womb. Her breath now began to come out in short pants. She’d never felt anything so deliciously stimulating in her whole life.



Spike tried to keep his breathing even as he his cock stretched fully erect towards his tight abdomen. No matter how hard he tried to fight it, he couldn’t keep himself from feeling aroused from Buffy’s unhurried perusal. It was a lost cause. The longer Buffy looked at him, the harder his cock got.



“What do you think, luv?”



“Is it supposed to grow big like that? How can you keep something so huge inside your pants?”



Spike chuckled at that. ”It’s normally soft. It only gets hard when I’m aroused.”



“You mean….” She gulped. “You get aroused around me?”



“A man can’t help it when a girl looks at a man’s penis like you do.” He teased in a low voice.



“What?!” Buffy’s voice came out huskier than intended. “I’m not-”



His cock jumped at the sound of Buffy’s rasping voice.



“I’m only kidding, luv. We just got out from watching a porn so it’s only natural that I still have the aftereffects from it.” He lied.



“Oh.” She said as she tried hiding the regret in her voice.



“Yeah. “ Bloody Hell! She’d better stop looking at my penis like that or God knows what I’ll do. “Anyway, peep show is over.”



“Thank goodness!” Buffy feigned her relief, her heart still racing. She couldn’t believe how disappointed she was when Spike tucked himself into his pants once again.



“So glad it’s finished .” He said, chuckling nervously. He sat on the couch, wondering what had just happened.



“Me too.” Buffy joined him in the couch, looking at everywhere but him. Darn! Why is it suddenly so hot in here?


The two of them breathed deeply in sync before an uncomfortable silence engulfed them.



It was Buffy who spoke first. ” Wanna watch a soap opera-ish, you wanna cry but can’t chick flick with me?”



Spike nodded nervously. “Absolutely.”




TBC


A/N: My heart goes to all my readers especially all those who had taken the time to leave a review. Thanks a whole bunch! You really know how make a girl feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
And last, but not the least, I want to thank my new beta, Natalie for doing such a wonderful job with this chapter. Your work is awesome, sweetie!

I hope you guys enjoyed my latest update. I’ll be taking a break from posting starting next week so I hope you guys would still be there when I get back with a fresh new chapter (hopefully) first thing next year.

Enjoy the holidays everyone!
Awakening by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
Buffy’s plan the next day was to avoid Spike in school at all cost. She knew that it was a plan that shouldn’t be so hard to accomplish since neither of them had a class together anyway.


By the end of the third period, she was already beginning to calm down. Her day seemed to have been working pretty well for her until her wary green eyes spotted Angel and Darla approaching the hallway. Great.


She momentarily closed her eyes, hoping that it would block out the hurt she was feeling within her chest. This is not happening! I didn’t just see Angel getting all cozy with his ex girlfriend. He can’t possibly be thinking of getting back with her!


She peeked again from behind her locker door. A feeling of confusion momentarily went through her when saw that they were no longer there. But when she turned, they appeared right in front of her.


“Hi Buffy!” Darla greeted with a false smile on her face.



“Oh hi Darla.” She tried to respond back as casually as possible. “Hi Angel.”



“Hey Buff, how are you?” Angel asked.



“Okay I guess... You?”



“I’ve been coping...”



“I could see that.” She threw an annoyed glare at Darla.


Angel looked at her with concern. ”I’m sorry that things didn’t work well between us.”


“I’m sorry too.” She answered sadly. She watched bitterly as Darla stepped in front of Angel.


“You know what I’m thankful for?” Darla asked.


Buffy cocked a defiant eyebrow at her. “Silicone Breasts implants?”


Darla’s overly aggravating grin momentarily faltered. “No.”


“Okay, not that I care- but what?” Buffy asked nonchalantly, crossing her arms.


“I’m so thankful that you sucked big time in the girlfriend department.“


Buffy’s eyes went wide. Could it possibly be that the entire school already heard about her big blunder with Angel?


“Oh don’t worry,” Darla told her. ”Only I knew about what happened between you and Angel…Well for now, since it was me who he came to that night to take care of his little problem. Thanks to you, Angel and I are back together again.”


No! Her mind screamed as tears started to well up in her eyes.


“Come on, Darla. We got places to go and things to do,” Angel told the other blonde as he started to walk away.


But Darla wasn’t finished yet. “Oh don’t cry, sweetie. It’s not entirely your fault that you’re not girlfriend material. So what if you didn’t know what you were doing …most of the time! ”


Buffy’s right hand had already balled into a tight fist by the end of Darla’s rambling. Inside her head, she was just calculating the right time to give it to her. If she had her way, Darla would be clutching helplessly to her face crying out- Oh God, my nose, my nose!


“I don’t know which is funnier! The fact that you’ll remain a pathetic virgin for the rest of your life or the idea that you don’t even know how to kiss?!” Darla went on, her face now barely inches away from hers. “Oh yeah, Angel told me that your kiss was the worst kiss he’d ever had.”


That did it! Buffy was about lift her hand to hit Darla when-


“Buffy!” called the familiar voice beside her. “There you are, luv!”


“Spike?” Even at the height of her emotions, Buffy couldn’t stop her heart from leaping at the sight of the familiar bleached blonde approaching her.


“Sorry I was late,” he told her sweetly as he came between Darla and her. “Excuse us,” he told the other blonde as he rapidly reached for Buffy’s hand. Spike was quick and his movement precise as he used his body to pin her against the locker behind her. “I’ve been waiting to do this all day.”


“Spike, what are you-“ The rest of her sentence was lost as Spike swiftly crushed his mouth against hers.


Buffy’s eyes instantly widened at his lips’ sudden intrusion but soon fluttered close at the feel of his mouth sucking her lower lip. Mmmm. She never knew kissing Spike would feel this gooood. “Buffy, I want you to kiss me back,” he whispered softly in her ear before he licked the sensitive skin there. “Can you do that, luv?”


Buffy stared up at him dazedly. At this point, Spike could have asked her to jump off a bridge and she would have done it…Well not really but, her mind was far too gone to make any protests. All she could think about was his lips and how much she wanted to feel them touching hers again. So she did the only thing that made sense to her and leaned over and kissed him back. To her relief, her actions were rewarded as Spike moved even more closer to deepen it more.


Spike’s hand moved to her waist and he carefully inserted it inside her blouse to caress the skin on her lower back. As her mouth momentarily parted from her surprised gasp, Spike took the opportunity and slipped his tongue in between her lips.


Buffy moaned loudly at their tongues’ initial contact. Damn, Spike is a good kisser! Her mind managed to formulate as his kisses soon became urgent and full of passion.


Buffy held on to him like he would disappear if she ever let go. She loved the way her body sang as the feeling of something familiar began to surge within her. A feeling so similar to what she’d encountered the night before. As their tongues mingled in a fiery kiss, she began to feel something else too. Something very hard was poking on her belly. Holy Shit! Is that what I think it is? The moment her mind was able to process what it was, memories of the night before came rushing back to her mind.


Automatically, her face turned into a deep shade of red as she soon became aware of what they had just done. Buffy quickly withdrew from their kiss. Oh…my…God! She could not believe she just made out with her best friend in public!


Her face mirrored their audience’s shocked expression. They appear to have their big eyes glued upon them, except for Angel who seemed to have formed a big scowl on his face.


“Sweet! “ Parker commented. “Angel must’ve been on crack when they kissed.”


Darla fumed. “Shut-up!”


“I could pretty much tell that had been a helluva kiss just by looking at Spike’s pants.”


With Parker’s last comment, Buffy’s eyes instantly went to Spike’s crotch. Oh God, she almost forgot about that!


Instinctively, she stepped in front Spike to cover him, but as she did, her rear accidentally came on contact with his erection, making Spike’s eyes roll up in its sockets. “Bloody Hell! You’re not helping, luv.”


“Sorry," Buffy whimpered as she moved her bottom away from him.


“Okay! Show’s over!” Spike yelled at the spectators. ”Don’t forget that you still have classes to go to, people, so sod off!”


*****************

“Holy cow! I can’t believe we just made out in front of Angel and Darla,” she told him nervously, keeping her eyes in the same level as his.


“But have you seen the looks on their faces, pet? It was priceless.” He laughed.


“Darla looked pretty pissed.”


Spike’s face suddenly turned serious when he remembered the scene that he just walked into earlier. “I couldn’t bear the way Darla was treating you so I had to prove them wrong-“


“By kissing me,” she continued for him. So that’s what his kiss was all about? Not that it really mattered but she couldn’t help but feel a little…disappointed? Where the hell did that come from? She’s not supposed to feel anything for the bleached wonder or for anyone else since she’s so much in love with Angel. “But I didn’t need your help, Spike. I was doing really well until you showed up.”


“If I didn’t show up, Darla would have a broken nose by now judging from the way you were closing your fists.” You were about to cry, too. If he had seen as much as tear fall from Buffy’s eyes he’d beat the crap out of Angel and the annoying bint as well.


“And that’s bad because?”


“You would’ve ended up in detention.”


“As if making out in the hallway was not gonna get us into the same kind of trouble,” she told him before she turned to leave.



“Buffy wait! What are you so upset about, luv?”


“I don’t know... I guess I just hate the fact that Angel has already moved on.”


“But didn’t you notice how bothered he looked when he saw us? “


“Yeah, I did notice. He did have the look on his face like he was about to brood more than usual,” she said, her face lightening-up. “Hey! Maybe he’s starting to regret his decision to leave me.”


“Yup. Maybe.” Spike agreed hesitantly.


“I bet they’re having a fight right now! Ooooh! I bet he broke up with her already!”


“Now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Spike reminded her. ”All we know for certain is that you got Angel’s attention.”


The adoring smile she threw his way made his heart race. ”You’re absolutely right. When did you get so smart?”



“Probably about the same time you started to become pigheaded.”


She playfully slapped his arm, which earned a light chuckle from Spike.


“You know what?”


“What?”


“If Angel wants a perfect girlfriend, I’ll give him one. No more Mr. Nice Guy. I need to learn everything, Spike.”


“But pet, I’ve heard that before.”


“Spike, this time I’m really serious. I’ll do everything.”


Okay, I’ve definitely heard that before.


“Buffy I –“


Buffy silenced him with a finger on his lips. “Everything to make him love me. Want me…Damn it, I’ll do anything, Spike. Even if I have to get naked trying.”


Oh Bugger!



“Spike, I’m ready.”


He tried to sound not out of breath when he asked, “Ready for what, pet?”


“To take your lesson to the next level.”



TBC





A/N: Hello everyone! First of all, big hugs and kisses to all my readers!
So glad to be back! As promised here’s my latest installment after New Year’s day. It’s actually prelude to this story’s upcoming spuffy moments. Let me know if you guys liked it.

Secondly, thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chapter. Thanks also to my heaven sent, beta. Natalie for doing such a great job with this chap! And last but not the least, my special thanks goes to the person/s who nominated my other story- For you I will at the Lost in Spike awards! You guys totally rock!

Happy New Year !!!
Crush by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
Flash back (Spike POV)
Monday Morning


It was wrong…on so many levels.


To be automatically turned on while your best friend gawks at your penis is wrong. What’s even more wrong is when I wanked myself to sleep last night…two times…thinking about her.


What the bloody hell’s wrong with me? It was nothing more than a plain teenage crush!
At least that’s what he thought it was, the first time that he saw her four years ago when his family moved to the house next to theirs.


He briefly remembered how torn up he was over the move and his break-up with his girlfriend, Cecily. He’d been heartbroken and empty inside. The only thing that made him feel alive again was the sight of Buffy Summers sitting on one of the steps of her front porch, lost in her own thoughts. There was something in the way her eyes brightened the moment their eyes met that made him catch his breath.


He could still remember it like it was yesterday…The way her short brown hair bounced around her shoulders when she looked-up at him…The way she smiled timidly…So beautiful.


And she was his Buffy. At least that’s what he wanted her to be…in his heart. Yet his experience from a bad break-up had compelled him to remain just friends with her. So he ignored the little voice inside his head, nagging him that he and Buffy should be together.


He had chosen to brush his feelings aside in the name of friendship. Pathetic, isn’t it? He did all he could to remain a good friend to her. For a while, his planned seemed to have worked, convincing himself that his crush had long faded when he started dating other girls. But he couldn’t have been more wrong.


The day after he did his little peep show with Buffy, his mind began to be filled once again with no else but her. Thus, he tried to execute the only plan that made sense to him: Avoid Buffy at all costs. He wanted to prove to himself that he could get her out of his system by keeping his mind occupied with a certain brunette named Dru.


He knew he had agreed to help Buffy with her poofter problem, but he’d already made up his mind to forfeit. He’s backing out. Even if it means that he had to work his way to have Drusilla as his date for the prom. A problem he soon realized shouldn’t be difficult as he noticed the way the brunette kept eyeing his naked torso that morning at the basketball practice. I finally got her attention. And that meant he could avoid coming across more trouble with the petite blonde.


Stay away from Buffy…was the incessant mantra that he kept running through his head while he walked down the hall that would lead to his next class. And that was when he saw her, standing beside her locker with her back to him. What was he thinking about again? …Oh right, stay away from Buffy…far away….Like now.


All at once, he turned, with the intention of using the other hallway to go to his class. It would definitely take him twice the time to get to his destination, but he won’t be able to bump into Buffy for sure and that’s what mattered.


He had only taken a few steps in the opposite direction when he heard Darla’s annoying chirping voice greeting Buffy. So he turned and watched the entire discussion. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he watched Angel exchange pleasantries with her.


It was the way Buffy had responded that made him feel a sharp stabbing pain inside his heart. Damn that pathetic poofter! She was hurting and all he wanted to do…was kiss her.


And that’s when it hit him. Oh no! he whimpered to himself as the realization that he’s in love with Buffy shot through him like a bow from an arrow.



So he stepped in, took her in his arms and for once, did what his heart ordered him to do. He kissed her.


What he thought was wrong never felt so right at that moment.


End of flashback



*******************

Monday 6pm


“Buffy, are you okay?” Willow’s voice was full of concern as she spoke to Buffy from the other end of the line.
`

“Oh Willow, I’m far from okay,” Buffy sobbed.


“I just got back from spending the weekend at my Dad’s so I just checked my messages now. What happened?”


“Angel broke up with me.”


“Oh God! I’m sorry. I feel like I should’ve been there with you.”


“It’s all right, Wills. Mom has been really supportive, and Spike too.” Buffy told Willow what happened the night that she and Angel broke up.


“You told Spike about that too? How did he take it? Is Angel still alive?”



***********************
Moments after her conversation with Willow, heavy tears fell from her eyes as she entered the shower. Angel’s amused grin taunted her while Darla’s hurtful words echoed over and over like a dreadful broken record that wouldn’t end.


Angel and I are back together again….
Oh don’t cry, sweetie. It’s not entirely your fault you’re not girlfriend material,
Girlfriend material…Girlfriend material.


Grrr!
“I’ll show her who’s really girlfriend material.” She told herself as she emerged from her bathroom.


Now that she had a good cry, it’s time to move on and change the way people look at her.


She stared at herself in her full-sized mirror. I’m tired of being called cute and adorable. Just for once I wanna be somebody who could be branded hot and ...what did Spike called one of the girls he liked? Oh right, shaggable.. I wanna be called hot and shaggable. She sighed, took off her robe and checked herself out on her mirror. As the air brushed against her naked skin, her whole body tingled and her nipples hardened in anticipation.


Slowly, she ran her hands all over her chest and imagined those hands belonging to someone else…Someone she was hoping to be Angel…or so her stubborn mind kept telling herself. She closed her eyes and caressed the swell of her breast. She wondered how it would feel to have a man’s eyes staring at her nude body with pure unadulterated lust. And with that last thought, a shiver ran through her.



She looked at her door and a smile formed on her lips. She’d been wondering for a while now, what it would be like to walk throughout the house with nothing on. Her mom’s out of town and Spike won’t be there for at least an hour. Hmmmm. She had the house to herself.


*****************

Spike spoke with Xander on the phone and was told that their little get together was not going to happen since Anya had asked Xander to help him with a school project. Spike doubted if the project was school related at all. So instead of heading to the Bronze, he arrived at Buffy’s house earlier than they agreed.


He rang the doorbell. Nothing. Rang again and same thing happened. Nothing. Spike knew her well enough to know that she was probably in the shower at that time and he couldn’t hear anything. So he did what he would usually do and looked under one of the flowerpots on their porch.


Bingo! He smiled as he held the spare key in his hand. Within seconds he was already in. He immediately headed straight towards the kitchen to help himself to a can of beer.


*****************

Meanwhile, in the same house, a door to one of the bedrooms upstairs slowly opened and a girl wearing a short robe came out.

“All right, Buffy. It’s just you in your old house.” She muttered to herself, scanning the area like a secret agent in one of those spy movies.” What can possibly go wrong?”


Buffy heaved a big sigh and quickly tiptoed down the stairs. She went straight to the living room and checked the windows to make sure the curtains were closed before she discarded her robe.


As the thin garment pooled at her feet, it didn’t take long before she found herself twirling like a happy little kid. It felt different. For once, she was free of her inhibitions. “Whoa, I should really do this more often.”


Buffy smiled wickedly as she thought of opening the door for Spike looking the way she did now. To her surprise, that same familiar sensation within her belly came back full force. It was a sensation she was fairly getting used to now whenever Spike was within her thoughts or close proximity.


Let’s see, what room hasn’t she gone to yet? Grinning widely to herself, she started to head to the kitchen. She wondered foolishly what it would feel like to open a can of soda in the buff. To have the cold air from the fridge graze her bare skin?

“There’s only one way to find out.”


********************************


Spike got out a beer, opened it and took a large gulp. When he was done, he tried to toss it in the garbage can but missed. What the? He must be a bit shaky just thinking about what he had in store for Buffy that night. “Damn,” he grunted as he crouched behind the kitchen island to pick up the empty can, completely missing the exact time another person came in.


When he stood back up, his mouth fell open when he saw that a goddess with long honey blonde hair was standing beside the fridge with her back facing him. Fuck! He can’t believe that Buffy was standing in front of him, completely nude.


With his cock painfully straining against his jeans, he let his hungry gaze roam over the soft skin on her back down to her lovely, delectable buttocks he was now itching to touch with his bare hands.


And when she turned, nothing could prepare him for the surge of lust that invaded his body as he drank in every slim angle of her body. His eyes devoured every inch of her, beginning from the tinge of brown curls between her thighs. He loved the way they were nicely trimmed and partially shaved enough to give him a peek of the rosy nubbin that hid in between. Moving upward, his eyes drank in the sight of her ample breasts and pink hard nipples that were just begging to be licked and-


“Oh God!!!” An arm went to cover her chest as she went behind the counter to shield the lower part of her body from his avid stare. “Spike! What the- How did you get in here?”



TBC

A/N Love the reviews! Really really love ‘em! I enjoy writing this story so much I just had to post another chapter before the week ends. Thanks for continuing to support this story. Thanks to my beta – Natalie, for working on this chap with me.
Be warned : Smut coming up on the next chap. (winks)
Chemistry by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
“I…I…” He stammered. “You weren’t answering the doorbell so I had to use the key that your mom hid underneath the flowerpot.” Bloody Hell!


“You should’ve just stayed outside!” Buffy screamed at him, her face turning a deep shade of red.


“How was I to know that you were gonna walk in with nothing on? It’s not like I planned this!”


Buffy wanted to smack herself. He was right after all. How could she have forgotten that Spike knew about the hidden key? With a grunt, she strutted out of the kitchen, exposing her cute round cheeks to his hungry gaze.


Spike followed seconds later with a closed duster and found her just in time as she was tying up her robe.


“I’m sorry,” he told her apprehensively.


“Forget about it,” Buffy replied, looking at everywhere but him. “I’ll be right back.”



As she turned towards the stairs, Spike immediately ran to her side and grabbed her arm to stop her. “Wait!”



Spike saw the way Buffy closed her eyes in reaction to his touch. He wondered if she felt it too, the delicious tingle that would make itself known each time their skin came to contact. “Where are you going?”


“I need to put on some clothes, Spike.”


“Why?”


Buffy chuckled nervously, “You know why?”



Spike lifted up her chin to face him. “Lesson the first, luv. You should never feel embarrassed with the skin you’re in…especially with me. You’re already wearing a robe and that should be enough. You already know how this evening is gonna turn out.”



The implication of his words brought goose bumps to her skin. The good kind. “Spike, I know that I said a while ago that I wanted to take your lesson to the next level…”



Spike cocked an eyebrow and gave out an exasperated sigh. “I should’ve known that you were going to back out. That’s so typical of you, Summers.”


“I’m not gonna back out,” she found herself saying.


“You’re not?”


“I just want to get things out in the open first. Like h-how are we going to do it?” Buffy quickly added when he saw the surprised look that Spike gave her. ”The lesson, I mean…”



“I guess it depends on how far you are willing to go.” He smirked. ”On how much you’re willing to trust me.”



“I trust you, Spike,” Buffy told him sincerely. “You know I do, but I want to make it clear that even though I sort of agreed to do some stuff… with you, I’m not in any way in favor of doing the other thing…”


“Other thing?”


“W-well… you know…s-sexual intercourse,” she managed to say in a nervous stutter.



Spike nodded his head, trying not to look shocked at her words. “As long as it’s not the actual deed, you’re okay with it? “



Buffy’s eyes fell on the floor again as she timidly nodded.



Bloody Hell, did Buffy just said that she’s willing to do other stuff with me? Spike repressed a groan as he turned around and quickly adjusted himself in his pants.



“If you must know, I’m saving myself for my one true love,” she added with a curious stare, wondering what Spike was doing with himself. But just before she was able to catch what he was doing, he already turned again and startled her in the process.



Unaware to what Buffy was up to, he spoke to her in an irritated voice. ”When you say true love, did you mean the poofter?”



“Yes, the poof-“ She caught herself. ”I mean Angel. What does that word mean anyway? No wait. I don’t wanna know.”



Spike tried to control his inner turmoil as he remembered the reason why Buffy wanted to do this in the first place--to win Angel back.


Struggling with himself, he closed his eyes and quickly reminded himself of his secret plan to woo Buffy. Recalling the kiss they had earlier, he somehow knew that if he would play his cards right, Buffy would soon realize he was the right man for her.



“Okay.”



“All right, why don’t we…start with a question,” Spike took off his duster and placed it on the reclining chair. “When you were standing naked before me a while ago…(holds breath)…Can you tell me what sort of things came to your mind?”



“I –“ Buffy swallowed the lump in her throat. ”I don’t remember.”



“You don’t remember or you don’t want to remember? Big difference there.”



“I just don’t.” She answered irritably. “I don’t see what it has anything to do with-“



“Chemistry, luv.” Spike told her. “I need to know if you felt it.”



“Chemistry.” Buffy repeated with a look of disbelief.



“Lesson the second, luv. Before a couple should do anything serious, they should check first if they have it.”



“I know what chemistry is, Spike. I spent enough time with Anya to know what it means and I’m telling you now that we don’t have it.”



“You’re sure?” Spike cocked an eyebrow at her.



“A-absolutely.” She stammered, feeling her heartbeat starting to speed up as the bleached blonde moved closer. Oh dear.



“I see.” Spike hid a smirk as he leaned to whisper in her ear. “So when kissed you in the hallway this morning, you didn’t feel anything?”



Buffy gasped at the feel of his warm breath on her ear. The words he spoke only added fuel to the fire that had already began to build up inside her. “No.”



Spike grinned inwardly as he noticed the change in Buffy’s voice. The possibility of affecting her in such an intimate way was creating delightful visions inside his mind. He just saw her in the nude a while ago and the image was still very vivid inside his head. It was a wonder he could still stand with the way he was painfully straining hard against his jeans.


Spike looked into her eyes dazedly and began to play with the knot on her robe “When you saw IT sticking out of my pants last night, you’re telling me that you didn’t feel anything?”



Buffy moaned inwardly. She felt something damn it! Truth was, the yummy image of Spike with nothing on but his gold necklace around his neck had been playing in her head ever since he exposed himself to her the night before. However, it will be a cold day in hell before she’ll admit that important fact to him!



“Liar.” He whispered huskily, finally untying the knot that secured her knee-length robe in place.



Buffy’s breath hitched in her throat as she felt the air graze her naked skin once more. She knew she should feel offended, being exposed to him the second time. However, for some unknown reason, she found herself closing her eyes as she braced herself for Spike’s usual words of mockery that never came. Instead, the only thing she heard were steady shallow pants, and she couldn’t quite tell whether they were coming from Spike or from her.


Slowly, she opened her eyes. “Spike?”


Spike touched her cheek and caressed the soft skin with his thumb. “You’re so beautiful, Buffy.”


“I am?” She asked coyly.


“Yes.” Yet another whisper into her ear as he slowly let his hands wander the side of her neck before they settled on the supple skin just above her breast.


“Spike… What are you doing?” Buffy asked hoarsely as she looked at him alarmingly.


His eyes were full of lust and his voice was hoarse when told her -“Proving you wrong.” …just before his hand dipped down to cup one luscious breast.



“Oh God!” Buffy threw her head backwards and moaned out loud.



“Do you like that, pet?”



“Yes.” She panted. Never in her life had she known that her body could be capable of experiencing something so good.



Spike reluctantly lifted his hand and slowly let his fingers draw lazy circles on her left breast, carefully avoiding the part that would give her more pleasure.



“Ungghhhh” She moaned out loud, feeling her nipples harden in response to his touch. What the heck is wrong with me? I should feel disgusted…mortified even, but she surprised herself by arching to his touch to encourage him to do more.



Sensing her hesitation to beg for more, he asked, ”Would you like me to stop, pet,”


“No!” Buffy astonished herself when her response came out a little too quick and a little too desperate.


“I’m sorry, but I couldn’t quite hear you…”


“D-don’t…stop…don’t – Ohhhhhhhh!” She groaned when she felt him flick her nipple. Once, twice..until she writhed her head from too much pleasure.



Oh Bloody Fuck! It was too much. He hasn’t even touched her THERE and already she’s already making delicious responses that were making it pretty hard for him to maintain his self-control. He never knew Buffy could be this responsive. Spike watched her with dazed eyes, loving the way she looked. Flushed all over, sheen of perspiration on her forehead and her body open to all the delicious things he could do to her. Well, not exactly all since he wasn’t allowed to do what his body has been begging him to do. But he could do a lot to make her scream and writhe helplessly.


With his lustful eyes still glued to hers, his gently lifted her up into his arms and laid her on the couch.


“I’m gonna make you feel good, Buffy.”


She mewled wildly as Spike’s hands returned to its task of working magic on her other breast.


Truth was, he was going crazy over not kissing her. He wanted so much to kiss her and feel her hot tongue mingling with his like they did in school, but he couldn’t. He knew that the moment they kissed, he would lose all the restraint he had left and might do something they would regret later.



“Ohhhhhh God!” She groaned as he squeezed her. “Gah!” Buffy almost protested when he suddenly stopped his ministrations, but when she felt his hands wander to caress her nicely toned abdomen, she became alarmed.



“Spike.” She panted. “I don’t think…I-I’m not sure I’m ready for you to touch me there.”



“I promise I would stop if you don’t like it, luv” Please don’t say no. “Trust me, pet.”


His words held too much emotion for Buffy to resist.” I trust you.”


And with her permission, Spike gave out a look of relief before his patented smirk came into place.



Buffy’s eyes saw that his eyes remained in contact with hers, gauging her reaction as his fingers played with her soft curls, lightly caressing her while running his thumb on the corner where her thigh met her center.



Spike’s groan mingled with hers he started to explore the area of her outer lips. The more she mewled and thrashed from side to side, the harder his penis got. In fact it got hard to the point that he couldn’t bear the pain of it straining against his pants. So, with a quick move, he fleetingly let go of her to free his erection.



When Spike saw her alarmed expression, he wasted no time in explaining to her. ”Don’t worry, kitten. I just need to remove the restriction ‘cause I couldn’t bear the pain anymore. To be honest, I’ve never been this hard in my life,” he admitted, letting out a ragged breath. “Please don’t make me stop, Buffy.”


When Buffy nodded her understanding, Spike was immediately relieved.


Spike felt a rush of pride surge within him as he saw the way Buffy was staring at his cock. Her look of hunger almost did him in. Even if he desperately wanted for her touch him, he chose to return to the task at hand. He was not sure if Buffy was quite ready to do that just yet. He felt he really had to be careful since Buffy was so new to the art of making out. One wrong move and it could all be over, and his plan of seduction would go down the drain.


Wanting desperately to please her, his fingers returned to her pussy and started touching her clit.


“Oh sssshit!!!!”


Buffy was helplessly moaning in ecstasy. The feel of his fingers touching a very intimate part of her and the sight of his big long cock stretching out on his abdomen was spinning her head out of control. She desperately wanted to touch him. She was about to when she felt a finger slip inside her.


Spike couldn’t but help another groan at the feel of her already wet entrance. ”Bloody hell, Buffy…so wet…so tight.” He whispered hoarsely as he slipped another finger and began to pump…And that did it.


“Spike!!!” Buffy screamed his name out loud as she came, her channel clamping tightly around his fingers.


TBC


A/N : Okay, that was their first official spuffy smut. Hope you guys liked it! You could let me know if you did by leaving a review (winks).

Thanks for all your wonderful reviews on my last chapter. It sure helped me a lot on getting some nice ideas on how this story would go. Your support means so much to me.


Once again, thanks to my wonderful beta, she's been a really a big help to me. Thank you Natalie!
Sparks Fly by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to Natalie for helping me out with this chap!
Bloody Hell! Spike almost came at the sound of his name being screamed from Buffy’s mouth.


As he watched her come down from the height of her climax, the feeling of wanting to crush his lips on hers was so overwhelming that he had to close his eyes tight. He almost felt like blacking out from the effort of having to restrain himself.


Catching her breath, Buffy weakly sat up on the couch. “That was…(pants) I’ve never felt anything so-“


Just then, they heard clanging sound of keys being inserted into a lock. Both heads turned towards the door with wide eyes filled with alarm.

*************************

Meanwhile at the other side of the door stood none other than Joyce. For some reason, she couldn’t seem to get the key to work and it took her several futile attempts to finally get the door unlocked.


“Good evening, Miss summers.” Spike tried to appear engrossed with the show on TV. He had quickly placed a pillow on his lap to give him time as he willed away his erection. He had told Buffy he should by go to the bathroom until his little situation had subsided, but she insisted he stay put since she thought it would only arouse her mom’s suspicion if she came in and found nobody hanging out in the living room.


Joyce wasn’t really surprised to see Spike in the living room, watching TV. Spike was like a son to her and it was not unusual for him to be spending time with her daughter, even on a school day. Moreover, she was quite relieved to see his presence, knowing that that he was living up to his promise of looking after her daughter.


“Good evening, Spike.” Joyce smiled at the young lad, while she placed her coat on the rack. She looked at the TV. ”Wow, I never knew that you like watch baby deliveries.”


“Oh.” Spike’s expression was almost comical as he tried to cover his surprise when he realized what show he was pretending to watch. “I-I like babies. Probably because I don’t have a sibling.”


“I think that’s sweet.” Joyce told him before she went to the kitchen, expecting to find Buffy there. ”Where’s Buffy?”


“She’s upstairs.”


Joyce threw him an apologetic look. “You guys didn’t have a fight, did you?”


“No, she’s just getting ready for bedtime.“ Spike quickly tried to change the subject. “How was your flight, Mrs. Summers?”


“Mom!” Buffy marched down the stairs in her yummy sushi pajamas. ”You’re back…early.”


Joyce hugged her daughter and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. “Yeah, I just found out that they canceled the gallery show for tomorrow, so I went ahead and checked if there was an available flight this afternoon, so here I am. Are you okay? You look a little flushed?”


Buffy threw a guilty look at Spike, at which he responded by cocking his brow.


”I…uh I do? I mean yeah I think I must be coming down with something. I-I don’t feel well.”


Joyce placed her palm on her forehead to check her temperature.


“You feel warm, too.” Joyce turned to Spike. “How about you, Will dear? Are you okay? You look like you’re coming down with something, too.”



***************

The next day


Drusilla Miles. What on earth did Spike saw in her? Buffy thought to herself. She watched with growing impatience as the annoying brunette half-filled a small crucible with silver nitrate and placed it on a triangle. God, she even makes heating the crucible with a lab burner look dirty and indecent.


“Yes.”


Buffy stared at the loony brunette in utter disbelief. “Yes?”


Okay, this is definitely not good. She had practically thrown the question at Dru, hoping that the vapid ho would be her usual cocky self and ignore her.


She had it all played out in her head. Even imagined how Dru would just hiss at her and tell her to sod off. However, the word that came out of Dru’s lips had been the last thing she expected. After all, Spike had tried to get to her but failed miserably each time, so why oh why would she say yes to her now?


“Yes, I would love to go with my lovely prince to the prom.” Dru chuckled at the way Buffy was looking at her. “Why sunshine! You look so surprised.”


“Okay, first of all, my name is not Sunshine and second –he’s not your lovely prince.”


“Not yet, but soon he will be.” Dru drawled, her fingers coming to tease the tip of the flame and didn’t even flinch. “An object never looked more interesting when it’s unattainable.”


Geez, cryptic much. “I just thought that it was going to take a while for me to convince you to go out with him. Everyone knows that you have been eyeing Lindsey to be your date to the prom. What changed your mind?”



”A little voice inside my head told me that I should give my prince a try. That and the knowledge that I knew I would get to piss off sunshine if I said yes.”


“What?”


Dru made with the crazy laugh. “Why? Don’t you think I know what little secret Sunshine had been keeping inside her head?”



“Again with the what?!” Buffy asked in confusion.



“I saw the two of you… kissing in the hallway.” Dru explained. “I was there and if I hadn’t known better, I would think that you're in love with Spike.”



“My God, you’re far more deranged than I thought. I'm not in love with Spike! He’s my best friend and the kiss was-“



“Just a show for Angel and Darla’s benefit.“ Dru smirked, satisfied with the look of shock on Buffy’s face. ”You see dearie. I happen to know more that you think. I have a gift. I see things that are not visible to everyone.“



“I don’t know what game you’re playing at, Dru. Whatever it is, it's not funny! Spike is just a friend to me and nothing more! “



“Right. Whatever.” Dru replied in a dismissive tone. She grabbed a small piece of paper and scribbled on it before handing it to Buffy. “Here’s my number. Have Spike call me. I need a date to Cordelia’s Party on Saturday. Do you think he would say yes?”



**************

Who does she think she is? Making stupid assumptions about me and Spike?! Buffy’s mind continued to ramble on as she sat at her desk in her English class. Well, what could you expect from somebody as crazy as Dru? If she really were gifted, she would’ve seen that her heart holds nobody else but Angel. Any sane person would know just how hopelessly and helplessly in love she is with Angel. As far as Buffy was concerned, Angel was her soul mate, her one true love, her knight in shin-


Buffy’s mind went blank as a very familiar bleached blonde suddenly emerged from the doorway looking very yummy in his usual black shirt and jeans attire. She immediately found herself swallowing hard as the scene played out before her like a movie in slow motion.


That day, Spike chose to lose jacket, which had a tremendous effect on Buffy, as she could see every movement of his muscled chest through his thin shirt. The fact that she’d discovered that he prefers not to bother with any undergarment wasn’t helping. If anything, it brought her eyes to wander lower. The black jeans he wore were so tight that she could very well see the outline of his member with every stride he took. Gah! Buffy wanted to go out and get some air but found that she couldn’t since class was about to start soon.


What a terrible situation she was in and she had nobody to blame but herself. They’d crossed the line the night before and now she had to suffer the consequences of having to discover her inner lust towards her best friend.



The moment he stepped into the classroom, Spike immediately regretted his decision not to wear his duster. He fought hard to keep his raging libido in check as his caught the petite blonde’s blatant appraisal of his body.



She was practically undressing him in public and he was enjoying every soddin’ minute of it. The thought that he was the first guy to ever invoke such feelings within her virgin mind was enough to make him want to pull her to the nearest closet and bury himself within her. Is it really possible to want someone as badly as he wanted her right now? Even with his eyes open, he could easily recall her face scrounged up in pleasure as he gently pumped two of his fingers inside her dripping center.



With that arousing thought, he shifted in his seat and placed the book that he brought with him on his lap to ease his growing erection. If it wasn’t for his Wankathon last night, he doubted if he would’ve been able to get any sleep at all. Every time he tried to close his eyes, images of her hot flushed body writhing and moaning would automatically plague his thoughts. His memories of their encounter were so vivid that he had to give himself the relief that his body needed three times before sleep came over.




It took a while before Buffy realized what she’d been doing. She quickly glanced away as Spike took his usual seat beside her and grinned. “Hello, luv.”


“H-hi!” Stop stammering, Buffy! “So! How’s your day?” Could I sound anymore lame?



“Awesome. You?”


“S-swell.”


Silence.


“Buffy.”


“Spike.”


The two of them spoke at the same time and started laughing.


Their teacher then arrived to start the class.


“Hello class!” Ms Kennedy greeted, adjusting her quirky glasses.” Why don’t we start by turning to page 46 of ‘Catcher in the Rye’…”


As the students did what they were told, the two blondes kept stealing glances at each other and grinned whenever their eyes met. Any student who saw their exchange could practically see the sparks flying around them, including Cordy who had just thrown a questioning look at Harmony.


You go first.- Spike wrote on a piece of paper. He waited for Miss Kennedy to turn to the board before handing it over to Buffy. As he did, he accidentally brushed his fingers against her hand in the process.



The result had been one electrifying moment that had both of their pulses racing and caused both of them to raggedly breathe.



Looks like it’s your lucky day, Buffy managed to write back, trying to appear as calm as she could even if the spot on her hand that he had fortuitously touched still burned.


“Really now? Why is that?” he mouthed.


Feigning a big smile, the petite blonde wrote.- Dru said yes. She even gave me her number to give to you. She’s interested on going to Cordelia’s New year’s party with you.


Wow! That’s cool, he wrote as he tried to match her enthusiasm with a grin.


“I’m happy for you,” she mouthed out to him.


“Thanks.” He mouthed back before he quickly looked down. It was getting hard to keep the phony smile on his face. How could he tell her that he’d lost interest in his pursuit of Dru? As far as he was concerned, the crazy bint was now nothing but an instrument to distract Buffy from his ulterior motive. It seemed to be working and now the stage was set for his little game of seduction. It was time to execute the waiting game and see how long Buffy could wait before she finally gave in and took what she really wanted all along.

**********************

Soon the period was over and Spike waited for the rest of the class to go before he went over and approached Buffy.



“Looks like we may need to postpone our tutorial for tonight.”


What?! Her mind protested loudly, but instead she was able to maintain her composure and asked, “Is there something wrong? You’re still going to help me out with my problem, right? Even if you already got Dru.”


“Of course, luv. I’m just concerned because your mom’s home.”


Buffy nodded. ”I guess we need to postpone it until she heads out of town again next week.”


“I guess so.” Spike replied, hoping that his plan would work.


“T-that’s good then.” She mentally kicked herself for the obvious gloom in her voice


“U-huh.” Spike hid a grin as he noticed the big pout that was beginning to form on her lips. Bugger…He was finally getting to her and all he could think about was how good it would feel if he could move more closer and take her lower lip between his teeth and …. Oh God! She’s so irresistible whenever she looks at me this way…full of wonder and innocence.


For a moment, Buffy thought he was going to kiss her, but instead, his hand went up, to brush his thumb across her soft lips. The gesture left her so weak in the knees that she had to place both hands on his chest for support.


Spike started to pant. He knew he was playing with fire, but he just couldn’t help it. She was so close and he just had to touch her. “I guess I’ll just see you much later then.”


With that, he quickly tried to get as far away from her as possible that he failed to notice the glazed hazel eyes that had been firmly fixed on his lips.


“Later,” she faintly told herself, confused at the fluttery feeling he invoked within her.



******************
Several hours later


What are you doing Buffy? Buffy mused to herself, as she realized that her feet had led her to the bleached blonde’s porch instead of heading to Willow’s like she originally planned.


Continue to walk, Summers, went her inner monologue, but instead she found her finger moving on its own accord as it pressed the doorbell. Shit! Shit! Shit! I think I still have time to make a run for it.


“Going somewhere, luv?”


As she turned, her jaw practically fell at the sight of Spike, leaning by the doorframe wearing nothing but his gold necklace and a skimpy white towel around his waist.


Dear me….


TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your wonderful reviews! I love how they always seem to inspire me throughout the day.

Sorry if this update took so long. As it turned out, this story is gonna be a little more than just a PWP so I had to do some revisions with coming chapters these past two weeks.

Please let me know how my latest update went. Your thoughts and input are always important to me.
The waiting game by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
“Going somewhere, luv?” Spike asked, leaning casually against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his naked chest.


Buffy opened her mouth, but no words would come out. Say something, Buffy.


“Pet?”


Damn it! Don’t just stand there and stare at him like an idiot. Say something! “Spike…” Good, you had the name right. Now if you could only remember the excuse you used to come over.


“What are you doing here, pet?” he asked, an amused grin grazing his lips.


“I…I forgot to give you this… so I thought I should drop by.” Buffy managed to explain as she handed him the piece of paper that contained Dru’s phone number. God, he even looked sexy with his hair all messed-up.


“Thanks.”


“Spike, what happened to the rest of your clothes?”


“Oh, I just got out from taking a bath and I forgot that I threw everything in the washer,” he said as he held out the door for her. “Why don’t you come in, pet? Don’t quite fancy having the neighbors gawking at yours truly.”


Buffy went in hesitantly. Her heart started to beat faster as he closed the door behind her. “I’m sorry for barging in like this….”


“Do you have a date?”


“Huh?”


Spike looked pointedly at her outfit. He noticed that she didn’t go for the sweatpants and t-shirt that she usually wore whenever she went to his house. Instead, she had chosen to come over looking very hot with a white halter-top and a knee-length pleated skirt. The hair she usually wore in a pony-tail now lay loose around her shoulders, giving him quite a feeling of satisfaction that somehow she all did this for him.


“Oh this?” Buffy chuckled tensely. “Just thought I would wear something different. You know girls wear fashionable things all the time to boost their self-esteem, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they do it to impress anyone. They’re just-“


“Buffy,” he said, interrupting her babble.


“Yes?”


“You look good, luv.” He grinned at her.



“Thank you,” she answered, blushing furiously. “I…I should really be on my way.”



Spike was quick to block her way. “I was actually about to call and invite you to watch a movie with me, so you’re not really barging in.” He explained.



“Are you sure?” Try not to look too happy to be invited, Summers. It’s just a movie…One of those usual things that definitely doesn’t mean anything.


“Yeah, I was hoping you could keep me company since my mom and da are at my Uncle James’.”


“Your uncle James? You mean the one who lived in Seattle?” Buffy tried to hide the alarm in her voice. That could only mean that they’re alone in the house. Something similar to what she’d been fantasizing about all afternoon.


“That’s right.” He told her casually. “Why do you ask?”


“W-well, I was just hoping to run into Giles and Jenny. You know I haven’t seen them that much these days.” Buffy went to sit on the farthest end of the couch. “So! What movie did you rent?”


“The one with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp.”


“Pirates of the Carribean? Thought you hated that movie.”


“I do, but since you love it so much, I thought of giving it another try.”


It was Buffy’s turn to look at him with an amused grin. “You mean you rented it just for me?”


“Well, that and also for the reason that Kiera Knightley happens to strike my fancy.”


Buffy chuckled in spite her nervousness. The thought that she would be spending some time alone with a half naked Spike was driving her insane. This is so wrong! How could I be lusting after my best friend when I'm very much in love with Angel?


**********************

Instead of helping Spike out in the kitchen to prepare some snacks, Buffy had chosen to remain on the couch and pretended to be engrossed in one of Spike’s Sports Illustrated magazines.

Soon, Spike came back with two buckets of freshly microwaved popcorn. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Spike place the buckets on the coffee table and turn towards the DVD player. As soon as his back was facing her, it was then that Buffy took the opportunity to gaze at him.


Just a little peek. That ‘s all. She let her gaze marvel at the muscles of his back, loving the way his biceps flexed with each movement that he made, how the piece of jewelry on his neck made his perfectly sculpted body look even more irresistible. She let her gaze move southwards stopping only when her eyes landed upon a very nice sight of his fine looking hipbones. Her mind had just begun to drift to a naughty place as Spike started to lean forward to insert the movie into his DVD player. She felt her breath began to quicken as his firm rounded buttocks were briefly exposed to her hungry gaze.


“Buffy?”


“Huh?”


“I was asking you if you’d like some chips to go with your popcorn?” He said, standing-up to face her.


Buffy blushed profusely from almost being caught staring. “No, I’m good.”


“Are you okay, luv?”


“I’m sorry," she said, putting down the magazine."It’s just that I’m not used to seeing a guy prancing around with a just a towel. Can’t you find anything in your dresser like boxers or swimming trunks, perhaps?”


“Buffy, you of all people should know that I have never worn boxers in my life. Actually, pet, this is how I usually look before going to bed, only minus the towel, that is,” He told her with a smirk.


A faint whimper escaped her lips at the implication of his words. She looked down for a moment and blushed for the third time that night as a very vivid vision of Spike sprawled on his bed, with nothing on but his necklace entered her mind. “And the swimming trunks?”


“I do own like two of them but for some reason I couldn’t seem to find them anywhere.” He explained. “But if it really bothers you that much, I could always look into my da’s drawer and find something-“


“No, it’s okay. Don’t worry. I’m fine with it.” she replied, hoping that Spike wouldn’t think she’s over-reacting especially since they both knew she had already seen him naked twice now.



“Are you sure?” He asked, hitting the play button on the remote control.


Buffy nodded.


“All right. Let’s just watch the movie then.” Spike casually sat on the couch beside her, completely missing her tortured look when she caught a whiff of his aftershave cologne.


“Oh kill me now,” she absentmindedly muttered.


“You said something?”


“Nothing.” She answered guiltily.


“Okay,” he said, smiling at her charmingly before he stretched out his feet on the coffee table, putting his right arm over his head.


Buffy looked away with wide eyes. She struggled to keep her breath even while she contemplated whether or not she should let him know that his towel had opened just enough to allow her a very good glimpse of the part where his thigh ended and a portion of-



“You look terrified, luv. We haven’t even gotten to the ghostly parts of the movie yet.”



TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your awesome reviews on my last chap. Love them all. Please take note that although I don’t respond to reviews individually I do always take them into account. I do love your inputs and reactions whether good or bad just as long as they constructive (grins). They truly inspire me and keep the smile on my face throughout the day.

Thanks again to Natalie for working on the chap with me. She’s truly a darling.

Please, please, please let me know how this chapter went. Just curious to know if you’re still with me especially now that the next chapter will definitely have Spuffy on it (giggles).
Facing your fear by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
A/N: Because of all your generous and awesome reviews, I’ve decided to give you another long Spuffy chapter. This is a pre-valentine chapter that I wrote especially for all my readers! Hope you like it. Thanks to my beta, Natalie for once again making this chapter look good.
**********************




Buffy looked away with wide eyes. She struggled to keep her breath even while she contemplated whether or not she should let him know that his towel had opened just enough to allow her a very good glimpse of the part where his thigh ended and a portion of-



“You look terrified, luv. We haven’t even gotten to the ghostly parts of the movie yet.”



Buffy swallowed hard. The only way she could survive the rest of the movie with him was to avoid looking his way at all cost. “Well it’s …a fight scene…with Orlando. Can’t stand to see him get hurt, you know.”



Spike chuckled and shook his head.



“What’s so funny?” She asked.



“I just don’t understand what you chits see in Orlando Bloom. He looks like a soddin' nancy boy if you ask me.”



“Well, nobody asked you. You’re a guy, Spike. It’s only normal for you not to like him.”




“I’m just curious. What is it about him that you like?” He asked. “Coz I seem to recall a poster of Legolas above your headboard about two years ago.”




Is he jealous? Buffy mentally shook the thought away for she knew that it was utterly impossible. Spike could have any girl he wants, so why would he settle for her? Even if she had chemistry with Spike, the guy thought of her only as his best friend, and if it weren’t for his yearning to go out with the loony ho, he wouldn’t have agreed to help her out in the first place.




“Well he’s cute. The way he smiles gives me that fluttery feeling in my tummy.” She giggled, completely missing the really big scowl that formed on Spike’s face as he tried to mimic her words in a comical manner. “I like him.”




“Seriously, he does that you?” He cocked an eyebrow.




“Yeah,” she said, dreamily. “Who could resist that long blonde hair and captivating accent?”




An amused grin formed on his lips. “Blonde hair and accent, eh? So that’s the type of guy that you like.””




Buffy blushed and protested guiltily “What?! No, I mean-”




He chuckled softly. “Too late, luv. You’ve already established the fact that blondes with accent gives you the tinglies.”




Out of the corner of her eye she saw that Spike had placed a pillow over his lap. She didn't know why he did that, but she was quite relieved he did because now she'd be able to face him while talking. “Of course not! Angel’s not blond, remember?”




And just like that, the frown on his face returned. “That he is, luv.”




Silence….A very long and awkward one.




“So! Are you gonna go to the New year’s party with Dru?”



“Yeah,” he replied with irritation. “Why? Does it bother you?”



“No. Why would it bother me?” She asked, trying to sound like his question was the most absurd thing that she’d ever heard.




“Well, I know that you hate Dru, so I would think it must eat you up a little that your best friend is going out with the girl you loathe.”




“You’re right. It bothers me a bit, but I know now that she’s the girl that you want so I have no other choice but to live with it.” She looked down at her hands. Her voice was faint when she added, “As long as it makes you happy.”



Spike moved closer until their legs were almost touching.



“As long as it makes me happy,” he echoed in dreamy state as he tucked a stubborn strand behind her ear.



Buffy swallowed hard. “Yes.”



Buffy, Buffy, Buffy. Spike thought in his head. His eyes were drawn to her lips as they quivered slightly under his loving gaze. For a minute he’d been tempted to skip his entire plan, pull her onto his lap and just kiss her until they were out of breath.



Buffy stared back at Spike and saw the way his eyes changed into darkened pools. Mesmerized, she found that she couldn’t look away no matter how hard she tried. But just as quickly, the moment was over as Spike suddenly stood up and turned away from her. She noticed how his body tensed when his hand came up to roughly comb the back of his head.



“I’m getting myself a beer. Do you want some?” He asked without looking at her.



“Thanks, but no beer for me. A glass of water would be nice, though.” she replied, wondering what made him upset all of sudden.


*****************



Spike quickly got a can of beer and poured a glass of water. He muttered a string of curses as he roughly settled them down and placed both hands on the kitchen island to catch his breath.



She was just sitting there, fully clothed, and all she had to do was look at him with those innocent green eyes of hers and he turned into a bloody pathetic git. He briefly closed his eyes in frustration as he carefully wondered what had gone wrong. What’s worse was that his plan had apparently backfired. I guess she’s that in love with the poofter. Either that or she’s just too damn stubborn. She’s-



Spike stiffened as he felt soft feather-like caresses on his shoulders. Buffy?



She was drawing lazy circles on his lower back before her hands moved to trace a path downwards. His heart started to beat erratically the moment her hand came dangerously close to the edge of his towel. He could feel his cock swell and grow harder at the thought of what Buffy was about to do. “Luv?”



Buffy’s breath was starting to come out unevenly. She was not supposed to be there, touching him like this. Her mind screamed that she should turn right away and go home while she could still change her mind, and yet there she was, about to do the most daring thing she’d ever done in her whole life.



With his back still facing her, Spike let out a muffled groan as he felt her tug at the towel and let it drop to the floor. His gasp mingled with hers just as the only piece of cloth that covered him pooled at his feet.



The moment he felt her soft caresses on his buttocks, he was lost. He groaned softly as he tried with all his might to keep his body from trembling. Soon her fingers grew bolder as they moved to lightly trace the crack in between. “Ohhhh Buffy…”



The sound of her name on his lips brought Buffy to her senses. Quickly, she withdrew her hands away and covered her mouth in shock. “Oh God…I’m s-sorry. I didn’t mean to…I swear I was just wondering what was taking you so long and then- Oh damn…I’m sorry.. “



Buffy’s astonishment was cut short as he finally turned to face her.



She felt the heat in her cheeks go all the way down south as she let her eyes feast upon the long thick cock that jutted proudly against his tight abdomen. Before she knew what was happening, Spike’s arms went around her to pull her flush against him and he covered her lips with his.



He knew he wasn’t supposed to kiss her. Knew his action might cause him to lose control, but he just bloody didn’t care anymore. He never felt anything like it, the overpowering surge of desire as her soft hot tongue mingled with his own. For a moment, the world just seemed to fall away and what was left was just the two of them, in each other’s arms as their tongues battled for dominance.



Buffy moaned into his kiss as his leg pushed between hers and rubbed between her thighs in an excruciatingly slow and even pace. That felt sooooo good.



“Ummm.” Spike kissed her thoroughly…demandingly. He couldn’t help himself as he boldly ground his erection against her center.



“S-spike…” Buffy gasped.



Spike withdrew from her lips only to place ravishing kisses on the nape of her neck. Slowly he removed the knot on her top and moaned loudly as he discovered that she wasn’t wearing a bra.



“Oh God!!!” She cried out as he teased each nipple with his thumb.



“Bloody Hell Do you have any idea what you do to me?” He said between pants. He cupped her…squeezed her. Touching her with his lips had been something he’d been trying to keep himself from doing but his desire to suck her tits was so overwhelming that he found his head leaning down to give one of her nipples a nice long lick.



“Oh!!!!” Buffy cried out in ecstasy.



Spike’s hands began to travel downwards, stopping only at the hem of her frilled skirt. He lifted it up and his finger quickly pushed inside her thong. He knew he had to take it slow but he felt like he would combust if he didn’t touch her soon.



Spike began rubbing his middle finger on her little sensitive nubbin. “Ungghhh!”
Within seconds she was already bucking and coming in his hand. “Ohhhhhh Spike!!!!”



For the first time, Spike swiped some come from her opening and brought it to his lips. Buffy thought it was the most erotic thing she’d ever seen. She was just coming down from her climax and she felt like she already wanted to do more.



Spike was now trembling with intense arousal. With the taste of her juice on his lips, it took all of his power not to plunge his tongue into her hole and lap at her. “You were awesome, luv.”



“Thanks….but you're pretty awesome yourself.”



“That I am, pet.”



Buffy laughed.



“I hope you don’t mind if I…” His words trailed, not really sure how to explain his need to her.



“You what?”



“I just need to go up to my room and take care of something.” He said, looking down at his burgeoning cock. “You better put your top back on, you don’t wanna catch a cold.”



“That looks uncomfortable.” Buffy commented while she gingerly tied back her halter top. “You know, you don’t have to-“



“It’s okay, Summers,” he told her as he wrapped the towel around his waist. “I know that this is something that you’re not quite ready for so I think it’s better that I head to my room now. Don’t worry, I won’t be long,” he said with a wink and turned just as quickly.


**********

Bugger! It took all his willpower to leave the girl that he loved with every fiber of his being. She’s all he ever wanted…needed, but he has to live up to his promise. How he wanted to carry her to his room right now and make sweet love to her, but he also needed her to be willing when it happens.



Inside his room, Spike immediately removed the tiny piece of garment he had on. He ruggedly lay on his bed with nothing but a gold necklace on his neck. With his right knee up, he wasted no time encircling his cock and giving it a light squeeze. He closed his eyes and started to fantasize about the petite blonde whom he just treated to a mind-blowing orgasm.



But just as he was about to swipe the precum from top of his cock, he felt her presence as she came into his room. Immediately, he opened his eyes. “Luv, what are you doing here?”



Buffy moved closer, her face turning into the deepest shade of red as she climbed onto his bed and settled between his legs. “Spike. I want to help you….I think I’m ready.”



“Ready for what, luv?”



“I-I’m ready… to face my fear.” She stuttered slightly from her nervousness. “Can you…Can you teach me how to touch you….there?”



“Touch me where, luv?” He knew exactly what she meant, but if she really wanted to get over her fear of men’s privy, she needed to learn how to speak about it first.



“Your thingy…Damn I can’t…your c-cock, Spike.” She closed her eyes, loving the way such an intimate word brought tingles to her spine.



Spike felt his cock jump in response to her words. He sat up and smiled adoringly at the way she was looking at him coyly. “Are you sure, pet?”



Buffy nodded. “I’m sure.”



It was all Spike wanted to hear, before he tentatively took her hand and moved it slowly on top of his aching cock. “Fuck!!!” His jaw clenched and unclenched as he moaned helplessly from the pleasure of her very first contact with his flesh.



“Oh shit! Did I hurt you?” Buffy asked worriedly.



“No. (pants)It’s just that….Bloody hell,(pants) it feels so damn good!”



“Tell me what to do.” She told him.



Spike placed his hand over hers and started moving her hand up and down his length.



“Move it l-like that…” He said in strangled voice.



“Like this?”



Tentatively, he let her hand take over. “Just like that…”



Buffy decided she liked the soft velvety feeling of his cock against her palm, yet it’s hardness deliciously implied just how much she affected him. Her eyes wandered all over his yummy form, feeling her arousal come back full force.



Hearing those beautiful sounds of mewls and groans come from his mouth, Buffy never felt more feminine and powerful as she did at that moment. With growing confidence, she began to pump harder.



“Oh that’s it…harder….” He hissed, his eyes rolling up in its sockets. “Oh God….Faster…”



Buffy complied. She let her instinct take over as she swiped a thumb over his mushroom shaped slit, loving the way he threw his head back in response to her actions. Gradually, she began to increase the pace of her pumping.



“Ohhhhhh….So bloody … good…” Spike couldn’t hold back any longer, so he started to pump his hips several times into her grasp. Buffy felt her panties begin to pool at the erotic sight.



Finally, Spike felt his balls tighten as he reached that wonderful release he was striving for. “Buffy!!!!”



Buffy stared at him with wide eyes as fluid shot from his cock and spewed all over her hands and his chest.



**************


“That was amazing, luv.” He panted as he gradually recovered from his climax. He couldn’t stop himself from staring at her in awe.



“Really?” Buffy beamed at him,



Spike handed her a tissue to clean her hand and grabbed some for himself to clean up the come on his chest. “Really.”



“You’re not just saying that?”



“Buffy, it was the best hand job I’d ever had. “ He said without thinking. “In fact, it was even better than anything I’ve ever experienced.”



“Oh.” Buffy felt a pang of hurt in her chest at the very thought of Spike doing the same thing with other girls. “That’s good to hear.”



Spike saw the pout on her face and got concerned. “Are you okay, luv?”



“I’m okay, I think I’m just tired. Probably best for me to go now. It’s getting late anyway,” she said while standing up. There was too much going on inside her head and it was giving her a slight headache.




Spike put his towel back on and was immediately at her side.




“Where are you going?” Buffy asked.




“To walk you to the door.”




Buffy looked at him like he’d grown two heads. Since when did he start thinking about chivalry? “You don’t need to do that…”




“Well I want to.” He answered simply as he followed her down the stairs and then to the doorway.




For a moment, they just stood there staring at each other until Spike finally placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Goodnight Buffy. Sweet dreams.” Yes, my dreams will definitely be good tonight.



“Goodnight Spike.”




TBC




A/N: So how do you like my pre-valentine chapter? Please let me know how it went. Did it suck, just okay or went a bit far I got to know.

Once again I thank you for all your reviews on my last chapter!
Rattled by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my wonderful beta, Natalie!
Buffy woke up the next morning feeling awfully giddy. She was about to enter the bathroom when she heard the familiar sound of running water.



Knowing that her mom has an adjoining bathroom of her own, she got confused and slowly went in to see who was using it.



From the smoked glass shower stall, she could make out a blurred display of a man's broad back facing her. One of his hands was held steadily against the wall, while the other hand went up to wash away the shampoo from his short brunette hair. Angel.



Buffy smiled wickedly to herself. Now was her chance to show him what a perfectly good girlfriend she could be. It was now or never. Quickly, she discarded all her clothes and joined him in the shower.



The moment Buffy’s lips rained kisses on his back, his whole body tensed. His breathing grew shallow and his cock hardened almost instantly.



The water from the shower was getting warmer and warmer as it continued to wash over them, but Buffy couldn’t care less. She wanted him so bad she could feel her entire body trembling from too much anticipation.



Slowly, he turned to face her. His eyes instantly devoured the sight of her naked body as she gazed longingly at him. With a groan, he lifted her up to help her wrap her legs around his waist. In one swift move, he turned to press her firmly against the cold tiled wall and smashed his lips with hers.



Buffy closed her eyes as she felt him bury his cock deep within her. “Oh, that feels so good.”



“No, don’t close your eyes,” he coaxed as his voice suddenly became familiarly deeper. “Look at me, luv…want to see you when you come.”



Buffy snapped her eyes open, a small gasp fell from her lips when she found herself staring into a pair of deep blue eyes instead of brown ones. “Spike.”



“Oh Buffy….” He said in a guttural tone as he continued to pump in and out of her.



“Oh Spike…that feels good.”



“Do you want me to stop, pet?” He hissed.



“Don’t stop! Don’t ever stop…ungggh.”



“Oh Buffy…want you so badly…” He groaned as he started to quicken his thrusts.



“Oh God, I need you…(pants) Oh Spike, I love you so much…” Buffy heard herself say just as the alarm clock on her nightstand went off.



Opening her eyes, she quickly sat up, a look of bewilderment filling her eyes when she realized that she was in her bed and Spike was nowhere in sight.



“Holy Crap!”


*******

No, this won’t absolutely do, Buffy mused to herself as she sat with her friends at the cafeteria later that day. How could it be that she couldn’t seem to shake away the overwhelming feeling of wanting to see Spike? The bleached blonde wouldn’t leave her mind all day. She kept getting flashes of his cocky grin, his messed-up hair and the way he looked when he came after the hand job she treated him. And to top it all off she couldn’t ignore the fact that she just had a dream that she was confessing her love to Spike.



It shouldn’t be a big deal really. Surely it was only normal for her to have those kinds of dreams about Spike with they way they’ve been groping each other lately. Yeah that’s it. That’s one thing she could easily think of… And then there’s the other thing that kept bugging her mind. It was the possibility that she was actually… “No, it couldn’t be.”



All four of her friends suddenly froze from their conversation to look at her.


“What?” Buffy asked.



“Something wrong, sweetie?” Willow asked. “You know you haven’t been yourself today…or these past few days.”



“No, I’m okay. Don’t mind me.” She assured them, smiling awkwardly. “Just got a lot of things on my mind lately.”



Anya sighed and looked at the petite blonde exasperatedly. “Anyway, AS I was saying, I can’t wait till Saturday. I’ve been waiting all week to wear that formal dress that I bought from Belle's Boutique.”



“I’ve never been to a ball before, which is why I’m dying to go, too,” the redhead chirped.
”Although what I still couldn’t get was why Cordy suddenly invited us to her family’s New Year’s ball.”



“Could be that she’s a changed woman.“ Xander told them, thoughtfully. “Finally decided that being bitchy is not the way to go. For once she’s being charitable. How about you Buffster, what do you think?”




“Huh?” No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t think of anything that would cover up the truth that she wasn’t listening. Damn it! Why wouldn’t he get out of my freakin’ head. It was getting absolutely ridiculous. She’s in love with Angel and that’s that.



I guess the only way around this problem was to end it. It was time to put an end to their sessions before things get even more out of hand.



“Earth to Buffy?” Anya asked.



“Yeah? I’m sorry, it’s just that I was up all night working on a project, so I barely can get my head to work all day. What was it you were asking me?”



Willow looked at the others and shrugged before she turned a concerned look at her. "Well, we were just talking about the New Year’s ball and we were wondering why Cordy invited us all of a sudden.”



“Maybe she’s-“



“From what I've heard, she’s actually doing it for her dad since Mr. Chase is running for Congress. “ The sound of Spike’s low and sexy voice from behind her caused her body to stiffen. She tried to appear busy eating as Spike took the seat next to hers. “Mind if I sit here, luv?”



Buffy took a large gulp from her bottled water.



“Nope. I don’t mind. Why would I mind?” She said, laughing nervously.



“Okay, the world’s coming to an end,” Xander mocked. “Cordy’s being charitable and Spike is eating lunch with us in the cafeteria.”



“What? What did I do?” Spike asked.



“You mean apart from the fact that you never sit with us during lunch?” Anya looked at him sternly.



“Spike, we know that you’re best friends with the Buffster and we hang around outside school, but you must have noticed that you have never once hung out with us inside school premises.”



“Really? I’ve never realized-. ”



“It’s true.” Anya added. “It probably has something to do with the bad boy image you’re trying to uphold.”



“Well…a man could change, isn’t that right, luv?”



Buffy could feel his eyes willing her to look at him. “Right. “



Spike chuckled, moving closer to Buffy.



Buffy was busy munching on her desert when she felt his leg brush against hers. She stiffened. She stared at him accusingly but found that he appeared to be busy eating his own lunch.



She was starting to think that it was entirely accidental until she saw him drop a spoon. She caught an innocent grin meant for her eyes alone just before his head disappeared underneath the table.



The gang was too engaged in their conversation about Cordy to notice Spike’s little maneuver of dropping his disposable knife on purpose. He’d crouched down underneath the table and meant to only tease her leg with his hands. However, while he was down there, he couldn’t help but dare a quick peek up her skirt. And what he discovered had his cock straining hard against his pants instantly.



Buffy felt like she was going to instantly melt with the way Spike looked at her as he returned to his seat.



“Somebody’s in an adventurous mood today,” he told her softly, only loud enough for her ears.



Her eyes grew wide, her cheeks flaming from the possibility of being caught. She gulped. “Adventurous?”



Spike leaned in to whispered, “You’re not wearing any knickers, luv.”



Oh God! He peeked! She immediately looked down, hoping the gang wouldn't notice her discomfort as her face turned bright red.



It really wasn’t in her nature to not wear anything under her clothes, but the truth was that she was feeling horny that morning. She wasn't sure if it was the dream or the make out session they had the night before, but something triggered the daring side within her.



But even if she was being adventurous that day, she was so afraid of being caught that she wore a long leather skirt that was heavy enough not be blown by the wind. Walking down the hall earlier, she was almost sorry she did it. And now she definitely was. How was she supposed to know that Spike was gonna hang out with them and be a peeping tom?



“Spike…”



“If I had my way, I’d carry you to the nearest closet and…” He told her softly, stopping to whisper the rest of his words in her ear. “Lick you all up, pet.”



Panting, Buffy abruptly stood up, causing the rest of her friends to focus their attention on her…again.



“If you’ll excuse me, I just need to…ummm finish something.” She said before she took off, leaving the rest of the gang with baffled looks on their faces.



Except for Spike.



“I just remembered, I need to do something too.” He said before he stood up and left the other way.


**********


Buffy was walking backwards by the hall, hoping that she’d managed to elude the irresistible sexy bleached blonde when she suddenly bumped into somebody’s chest hard. “Hello, luv. “



“Eeeep! Spike. You scared me.”



“So! I happen to walk past a janitor’s closet not very far from here.” He grinned, his tongue curling behind his teeth.



“Spike, will you stop. “She retorted. “I’m not gonna go to the closet with you.”



“But think of all the things we could- “



“Spike, this thing between us is starting to get out of hand.” She told him as she tried to shake off the image of Spike lifting up her skirt inside the Janitor’s closet. “We can’t do this anymore.”



“Buffy, luv.” Spike started, panic clear in his eyes. “Tell me, did I do something wrong?”



“No…You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just that we’re not really together.”



So why aren’t we together? He wanted to ask but held it back. “So what? I thought you enjoyed what we did last night?”



Buffy blushed. “I did, but it’s not about whether we enjoyed it or not. I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know and I believe it’s time for me to put everything I’ve learned into action. I’m gonna ask Angel out to Cordy’s party.”



“You what?!!!” Spike felt like somebody poured a large bucket of water on him. “You’re gonna do no such thing!”



“Why the hell not?!”



“Because…He’s still with Darla.” He told her lamely.



“Well that’s where you’ll come in.”



“Oh no! I’m not gonna help you break them up. No, no and a big fat soddin’ no.”



“Spike please…”



Is she off her bird? First, she tells me that she’s not gonna engage in anymore make-out sessions with me, and then second, she asks me to help break up Angel and Darla so that she could start her groiny sessions with the poofter!




“Bloody hell, I can’t do that.”



“But I thought you were my friend.”



“Oh don’t you dare use the friend card with me. That’s so bloody unfair!“ He pulled his hair in frustration. “You know what? You're right. We should end this silly arrangement between us. I can hardly look at you right now. Just go to your precious Angel coz’ as far as I’m concerned, we’re done talking here. “



TBC


A/N: Just a little angst to shake things up a bit. Let me know how this one went, okay?
Thanks for the reviews on my last chap. They were wonderful and inspiring as always.
Big hugs to everyone!
Acceptance by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
“Oh don’t you dare use the friend card with me. That’s so bloody unfair!“ He pulled his hair in frustration. “You know what? You're right. We should end this silly arrangement between us. I can hardly look at you right now. Just go to your precious Angel coz’ as far as I’m concerned, we’re done talking here.”



“Fine!” Buffy challenged as each of them strode off in opposite directions.



***********


By fourth period, Buffy’s thoughts were even more conflicted than they were earlier in the day. As she came out of the classroom, she pondered about looking for Spike. She couldn't help but admit to herself that the annoying and yet sexy bleached blonde had a point after all. She can’t just break up Angel and Darla’s relationship. That would be wrong and totally not her style. If Angel should change his mind and come back to her, it should be because he realized it himself and not because of something she did.



What was eating her up at the moment was the fact that she had no right to push Spike into doing something he didn’t want to do. It’s not his fault that breaking people up was not in his nature. She had to find him to make things right between them again.



Walking down the hall, she kept her eyes on the lookout for Spike. But after a few minutes of searching, she finally gave up and headed out of the building. On the way out, her heart skipped a beat as she spotted her bleached blonde friend hanging about by one of the benches. “Spike.”




Anxious to patch things up between them, she began to run towards Spike. But the closer she got to where he was, the more she realized that he wasn’t completely alone.



Buffy felt a pang of hurt within her chest when she recognized the brunette girl with whom he was talking.



Spike stood beside Dru, who was sitting on the bench. The two seemed to be too occupied with their conversation to notice the petite blonde who had stopped to gawk at them.



“… doubt that it could ever be as lovely as you, luv,” she heard Spike say.



Buffy gritted her teeth as she watched Dru playfully slap him on his chest while laughing at something he said.




Oh God. I need some air. She then looked around her. Oh right, I’m already outside. Damn it! This is freakin’ insane. Seeing Spike with other girls never used to bother her before, but now that she saw him make googly eyes with her loony lab partner, she wanted nothing more than to march down to Dru’s side and tell her to stay the hell away from her Spike!




Buffy never realized just how tight she was clutching on to her books as she started to head home. She tried with all her might to stop the stubborn tears from falling down her cheeks, but she failed miserably.


**************


As soon as he spotted the petite blonde coming out of the school building, Spike quickly made his way over to where Dru was sitting. “Hi Dru.”



“Spike.” She smiled, closing the book she was reading.



“Nice day out, isn’t it.” He said, cursing the lack of smoothness in his words. Surely he could do a lot better than that.



“Yes. It’s quite a lovely day.”



“True, but I doubt if it could ever be as lovely as you, luv.” He teased.



He caught Buffy’s form moving towards them out of the corner of his eye. He smiled inwardly, liking the fact that the suggestive tone in his voice had effectively captured her full attention.



Dru laughed and gave him a playful slap. “That’s so sweet!”



Right. Let the chit realize how it feels to be on the receiving end of rejection and see how she likes it, Spike furiously mused to himself. Summers needs to learn that he’s not some sort of whipping boy that she could use and toss around like some bloody git.


He was mad at her. So much that he was close to making out with Dru out in the open just to spite her. He was about to make another flirtatious remark toward Dru, but as soon he caught the look on Buffy’s face, regret filled his heart almost instantly.


Bloody Hell! What have I done? His anger had pushed him to make her jealous. What he wasn’t counting on was the ache he felt within him the moment he saw the pain that crossed her eyes right before she walked away.


“Spike?” Dru called him impatiently.


“Yeah?”


“I was asking if you received the note that I gave to Sunshine?”


Spike nodded mutely, his head completely elsewhere.


“Great!” Dru chirped. “Guess we’re all set to go to the ball on Saturday then?…Spike?”


“Sorry, luv,” Spike apologized. “I- uh need to take care of something really important.”


“All right. Call me later, will you?”


Spike nodded, before he ran off to try and catch up with Buffy.


*********

Buffy leaned on the front door of her house weakly as soon as she closed it behind her. Oh boy, is she in deep trouble now. How did she let it happen…how could she…

Just then the doorbell rang and Buffy’s face immediately lit up, hoping that Spike left the loony ho to patch things up with her.


Wiping the tears on her face, she quickly opened the door. “Sp- Oh hi, Angel.”


“Hi Buffy! Mind if I come in?”


Buffy held out the door for him. “No, come in.”


“You don’t look happy to see me.” Angel observed, stepping into the foyer.


“I’m just feeling tired.” She said, pouting. “Why are you here?”


“Buffy, I just want to let you know how sorry I am for being such a jerk. I never really meant to hurt you. I was just confused and you know how confused people tend to make mistakes.”


“You hurt me, Angel,” she told him sadly.


“I know and I intend to make up for it if you’ll let me.”


“What are you saying?”


“What I’m saying is that I want you back, Buffy.”


Buffy’s eyes went wide. “Angel. I’m…I don’t know what to say.”


“Just say you’ll forgive me.” Angel held her hand in his. “Please Buffy, give me a chance, baby. I promise to be a better man for you from now on.”


“But what about Darla?”


“Darla and I are finished. I just realized that it’s hard to be with someone you’re not in love with.”


“Angel I-“


“I love you, Buffy. I should’ve realized it before. I’m not expecting you to say those words to me yet because I’m not even sure if I deserve them “ Angel sighed. “If it’s time you need, I’ll give it to you. I understand that you need to think whether you want me back or not, but there’s one thing I need to ask from you now.”


Buffy was too shocked to say anything. How many times did she dream of hearing him say those very same words to her? But now that the moment came, she couldn’t understand why those long awaited words felt so empty to her.


“Please go to the New Year’s ball with me on Saturday?”


While her mind searched for a reason why she shouldn’t say YES, she couldn’t find any reason why she shouldn’t say NO either. Especially when she knew that Spike was taking Dru to the ball…and not her.


Buffy drifted back to the cozy scene she witnessed earlier and her face could not help but cringe from the thoughts that began to invade her mind. Does that mean that he’s gonna be hanging out every night at Dru’s house instead of hers? Then, would that mean they’re gonna be doing all the stuff that they did at her house too? Or possibly even more?


It seemed that all his life, Spike got what he always wanted. Isn’t it about time that she got what she wanted as well? “Yes, Angel. I would love to go to the ball with you.”



“Oh Buffy, you don’t know just how much you made me happy.” Angel was so pleased with her response that he impulsively pulled her to him for a quick kiss.




When they drew apart, it took her mere seconds to realize that they weren’t alone anymore. Buffy couldn’t hide the shock in her eyes when she saw Spike standing by the door, his expression unfathomable. “Spike.”




“I was just passing by to see how you were,” he said casually. “Anyway, don’t let me interrupt what you’re doing… I’ll just see you later,” he said lamely as he turned on his heel.




“Stay, Spike,” Angel told him. “I’m about to head home anyway.”



The two men exchanged intimidating looks as they passed one other.




Angel wasn’t fooled one bit. He knew that underneath the Brit boy’s cool façade was a very jealous and lovesick puppy who was more than ready to punch the daylights out of him if provoked.



“I’ll call you, Buffy.” Angel told her as he left.



“Okay. Bye Angel.”



Buffy heaved a big sigh before she slowly turned her attention to the guy who had been the cause of most of her troubles lately. How long had he been standing there? She wondered if Spike had witnessed enough of her discussion with Angel to know that something was up with her. God, what if he figured it out?


She knew about Spike’s stellar reputation with women and his fear of commitment was just another reason to convince herself that Spike was just another heartbreak waiting to happen. She could only imagine how Spike would react once he found out the truth about her newly discovered feelings for him. If he does, would it compel him to turn away from their long-standing relationship as well?


I can’t lose him.


“Hello, pet, “he greeted, walking over to her.


There it goes again, the warm fluttery feeling within her chest that only seemed to make itself known whenever he was near. “Spike. What are you doing here?”


“Well, I was about to tell you that I’m gonna help you with your little scheme to break up Angel and Darla, but it seems that there won’t be any need for that now.”


“Oh,” she replied softly, her eyes looking at everywhere but him. “You heard…”


“Yeah.” And saw the kiss that nearly made his heart stop.


She heard him sigh.


“Not all but I caught the big part of the show where he said that he loved you and that he wants you back.”


“He also asked me to the ball.”


“And you said yes.”


She nodded. “You’re going too, right? With Dru?”


“I am,” he said, his hand coming up to lift her chin to face him. “Buffy.”


She swallowed hard. “Yes?”



“I’m sorry about what happened a while ago. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that,” he apologized softly, pulling her close. She quickly responded by putting her arms around his waist.



And as she rested her head on his shoulder, he found himself closing his eyes, thinking that he finally lost his one true love to Angel.


“I’m sorry, too,” she said. “I shouldn’t have asked you to do such a thing for me. You’re right. I was being unfair to you. I feel so bad about-”


“Shhh…that’s all right, luv.” He placed a soft kiss on her hair, loving the way her vanilla scent filled his senses. “I wasn’t really that angry. You should know by now that I could never stay upset with you for too long.”


Buffy chuckled. “You’re so adorable. It’s probably why I love you so much.”


Spike’s body stiffened. Did she just say what I thought she just said?


“… I couldn’t ask for better best friend,” she added, mentally kicking herself for her tiny slip.


“Best friend.” He echoed, feeling his heart sink.


“Let’s not fight again, Spike. I don’t like it when we fight.”


“Me too, pet. Can’t stand it.” He whispered, holding on to her tightly.


She let her body relax and enjoy the warmth of being enclosed within his arms. Sighing, she silently told herself that it was no use. She couldn't fight it anymore. She was falling in love with Spike fast and there was no way she could stop it even if she tried.



TBC

A/N: Thanks for the lovely reviews on my last chapter. Glad that you like the little angst I’ve thrown in. But since this was originally a PWP, the angst is not gonna last very long…I think.

Happy Valentines Day! Hope you enjoyed my latest installment. Don’t forget to leave a review okay?

Also I would like to announce that this fic had been nominated in the Lost in Spike awards for sexiest, funniest fic category. I’m still recovering from the shock really coz I feel there are lot of sexy and funny fics out there which are really good for my fic to be noticed, lol.

Nevertheless, I’m very grateful to whoever it was that nominated me. Thank you…lots! My thanks also goes to my beta, Natalie for working on this story with me. We did great, girl. We received a nomination!
Addicted by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
Again, thanks to my beta, natalie for this chap!
Later that night


Buffy couldn’t sleep. She tossed and turned in her bed, wishing that she had the guts to tell Spike to stay. And that she wanted to take back what she said about ending their lesson. Thanks to her stubbornness, she was suffering from a withdrawal that she couldn’t seem to fight off.



Oh God, why didn’t she just agree to go with him to the janitor’s closet in the first place?



Because if you did, you'd be in deeper trouble than usual, Summers.



Oh right…but still.




She could still picture him pushing his tongue suggestively behind his teeth when he said- I’ll lick you all up. She felt her panties pooling at the imagery, especially since, after all this time, Spike had never used his mouth on her sex.



If his tongue felt so good when he licked her nipples, she could only imagine how good it would feel when he actually licked her there.



Instinctively, Buffy inserted a hand inside her lace underwear and started to caress herself. She’d never touched herself before and now she wished she had listened to Anya all those times she’d been teaching about masturbation. Surely, it was something she could learn by herself…although, it really wouldn’t hurt if she could ask a friend to help her out, would it?


******************

Spike just got off the phone with Dru. The chit couldn’t wait to confirm their date to the ball. He said yes of course. He couldn’t imagine going stag while Buffy’s going with the poofter. The conversation took ages, with Dru not wanting to put the phone down. She kept on asking about his personal life. Something that he was really not comfortable with since they were just at the beginning stages of getting to know each other.


Finally she let him go when he used his mom as an excuse, telling her that Jenny was going to ground him and not let him go to the ball if he didn't finish up his school project.


Sighing, he finally took off his shirt. Just wearing his jeans, he sat in front of his computer to check some emails. As he did, his mind drifted off to the petite blonde who lived next door and wondered what she was doing right that moment.


Just then, the phone rang. He rolled his eyes, thinking whether or not he should answer it since he had a feeling that it was probably just Dru calling again.



He looked at the caller ID. Buffy.



For a few seconds, he stared dumbly at his phone. It was pretty unusual for Buffy to be calling so late because she took her minimum ten hours of beauty sleep pretty seriously. With late night Bronzing as exceptions, Buffy was never fond of staying up late, which was why they didn't usually watch two movies consecutively, even if it wasn’t a school night.



“Hello.”



“It’s me.”



“Something wrong pet?” He stood up and sat on the edge of his bed. His face was filled with worry.



“Well…it’s…ummm”



“What is it? Are you hurt? Did something happen?”



“No, I’m okay. It’s just that…”



“Buffy, come on now, you’re killing me here.”



“I can’t sleep.” She blurted out.




“Oh.” Spike made a sigh of relief. “You want me to sing you a lullaby then?”


Well that’s actually an appealing thought. “I was just feeling slightly uncomfortable… like I wanted to do something…”


“Something like what?”


“There’s this something I want to do, but can’t since I haven’t…done…IT before. I just figured it might help me finally catch some zs.”


“I’m not quite getting you.”




“You know, that thing that men usually do to let off some stress or when they’re fidgety. Not that I’m fidgety! I just need it to help me relax.”



“Oh.” He answered, his pants suddenly feeling uncomfortable as soon as it dawned on him what she was trying to say. “You want me to help show you how to get off.” He could already picture Buffy blushing on the end of the line. “Luv?”



“You could say that. Just tell me what I should do. Just a little easy ‘how to’ instruction that I could follow and then I could let you get off…go to sleep I mean.”



She heard him give a light chuckle. “Sure. I’ll help you.” More than happy to help you.



“You would?”



“No problem with me, pet.,” he said, glad that she was turning to him for this kind of thing instead of Angel.



“Okay.”


This is going to be fun. Spike smiled widely. “So what are you wearing?”




“What?! Why do you need to know what I’m wearing?” Buffy reacted in disbelief. “I didn’t call to have phone sex with you, Spike. I just want you to tell me how to-“



“Masturbation works really well and fast if you get your thoughts filled up with naughty things. In this case, since we’re having a conversation, we’re gonna use the power behind words to our own advantage.” Nice work Spike. Now, see if she’s going to go along with it.



“Words? You mean dirty words.”



“Call it anything you want, Summers. They’re still just words. I promise that it’s gonna be really worth it.”



“I don’t know if that’s-”



“Come on, luv we’re on the phone. Away from each other. What could possibly go wrong?”



“Okay…” Like she could resist him anyway.



“Now what we’re gonna do is tell each other naughty stuff. Since I’m teaching you how to use words to stimulate each other’s senses, they don’t really need to be real. You could make up anything that you want as long as you feel it would help each other… get off.”



Buffy’s eyes went as wide as headlights. “You mean you too, you’re going to…”



“Right. It’s not gonna be a one-sided thing. Anyway, it’s just for fun.” Yeah right. He cleared his throat. “It’s not like it’s gonna get either of us hurt since we’re not really involved with each other. But if it’s something you’re not comfortable with, that’s okay with me.”



But she’s already involved... “Fine. Let’s have it over and done with.”



“Now…tell me what you’re wearing, pet.”



Buffy tried to suppress a gasp when his voice turned suddenly husky. “I’m wearing an oversized white t-shirt.”



“Good,” he said as he bit his lip to keep himself from getting too excited. “What else are you wearing underneath your shirt?”



“Just my underwear…”



Spike closed his eyes as he tried to picture her image in his head. “Nothing else?”



“Yeah.” She answered, feeling her heartbeat start to race.



“Can you tell me the color, kitten?”



Buffy felt her knees grow weak at the new pet name he just gave her. “It’s a black thong.” She would've given that answer even if she was just wearing a plain cotton panty.



Spike groaned. “Can you do something for me, Buffy?”



“Yes?”


“Can you…Can you please take it off for me?” Spike said hesitantly, hoping she would continue to play along.



Buffy felt the thrill of anticipation surge through her as she threw her underwear on the floor. “It’s off.”




Spike tried to keep his breathing even as he spoke, “Now I want you to lie down on your bed…spread your legs a little bit.” Try to keep it together, mate. Don’t wanna make her suspicious about how many times you’ve pictured that image inside your head.



“Okay.”



“Are you on the bed now, pet?”



“Yeah.”



“Now close your eyes. Imagine me sitting between your legs with my zipper down. Can you see me, Buffy?” He asked as he placed the phone receiver over his pants so she could actually hear him unzipping .


Holy cr- “I see you...” She breathed out to him.



“Good.” He closed his eyes as he took hold of his shaft. “Please tell me what to do, luv.”



“Spike, I …” She started to pant audibly.



“Yes, pet…”



“Can you touch me?”



“Where, kitten?” Spike coaxed, swiping a little precum from the slit of his cock. He shivered, imagining that it was Buffy’s hands touching him.



“Oh…. I can’t…Damn it, Spike. You’re not gonna make me say it, are you?”



“Buffy…” he pleaded desperately as he began pumping his shaft.



“My…c….”



“Say it again.”



“My clit.”



“Bloody Hell…” He moaned loudly. “I could picture it really well, Buffy. Could still remember how you looked this morning…without the knickers. Touch yourself, luv, and imagine my own finger in place of yours.”



“Oh God…”



“Please tell me what else you want to do, baby?”



“Spike….”



“Yes, luv...”


It doesn’t have to be real, his voice echoed in her head as she willed her inner vixen to take over.



“Last summer, when we went to the beach with the gang.”



“Yeah?”



“I remember you just got out from swimming and you stood before me. My eyes just drifted down and…”



“Go on...”



“I don’t know how it happened but…” Will he suspect that there was no way that she was making this up? She thought cautiously as she went on. “For a split of a second, one thought had crossed my mind.”



“Tell me…”


“I was thinking…how good it would feel if…”


“Yeah?”


“I let my tongue… lick you down there.” She told him finally.


All of a sudden, she heard a loud thud at the end of the line. “Spike?”


No answer.


Oh God, I hope nothing bad happened to him.


“Spike? Are you okay?”


Still no answer.


Buffy was about to get really worried when she heard a steady tapping coming from somewhere in her room.



When she turned, all vestige of color left her face as soon as she spotted the bleached blonde standing right outside her window.



“What the hell are you doing?” She said, letting him in. “You’re not supposed to be here. Mom is –”


“Not here and won’t be back till tomorrow,” he said as he started to move closer. “Your mom told me about her trip two days ago.”


“But I can’t…”



Buffy’s words were caught in her throat as Spike took her in his arms and smashed her lips with his.



“Mmmm Buffy…” He groaned into her lips as his hands traveled down her back until it sneaked inside her shirt to cup her buttocks.



Buffy moaned.



“Do you still want me to leave, pet?” He asked. His lips rained kisses on her neck.



“No…” She breathed out as she looked into his eyes.



“Don’t worry, (kiss) I still remember what you told me (nibbles her ear) about not taking it too far.” He said as his fingers toyed with the edge of her shirt. “I promise I won’t do anything you don’t want me to do. I want you to -”



“I trust you,” she finished for him as she placed her hands on his. Slowly, she helped him lift her shirt up over her head. She started to pant as Spike’s eyes devoured her naked body.



“So beautiful…” he whispered as he picked her up to carry her over to the bed. Standing back, he slowly unbuttoned his duster. A tiny whimper left her mouth when she found him only wearing a pair of jeans. His fly was open.


Her tongue instinctively came out to lick her lips as she looked at his well-muscled chest and swollen cock that jutted out proudly to his tight abs.



“Want to know something, luv?”



So the word game is still on, Buffy thought excitedly. “Yeah.”



“I’ve tried to sneak a peek into your skirt once.”



“I know, this morning you-.”



“No…” he told her huskily as slowly opened up her legs for him. “Wasn’t talking about that, pet.”




Buffy began to pant as she felt his fingers trace the line where her thighs and center meets. “Gah….”




“Two years ago, we were watching a movie and you fell asleep on the carpet. You looked so innocent and so…hot with your short plaid skirt.” His thumb began to inch slowly towards her clit.



“Spike…please.”



“You were so sexy that you gave me my very first hard on, luv,” he said between pants as he finally rubbed up and down on sweet spot.




“Oh my ungggh!!!” she mewled loudly. She couldn't believe what he was telling her. But they’re just words, she reminded herself. It was something he made up just to intensify her lust.



“So I lifted up your skirt…”




Buffy’s moan became louder, wondering if it was ever possible to come just by merely listening to his words.



“I saw your plain cotton panties and you know what had entered my thoughts?”



Buffy whimpered weakly as she felt him part her nether lips.



“This.” He told her huskily just as his head suddenly came down.




“Oh God!” Buffy cried out as she felt the warm tip of his tongue graze her clit. “Ohhhhhh!”



Spike began licking her sensitive spot, occasionally lapping at the juices that coated her nicely shaved pussy.



Buffy’s body twisted, unconsciously searching for more. “Oh Spike, please…”



Spike smiled at the desperation in her voice and finally encircled her clit with his lips and began to suck it into his mouth.



Buffy threw her head back as she felt the building fire within the pit of her stomach intensify. As soon as Spike inserted a finger into her wet cunt, her body began bucking wildly. She cried out his name as she finally reached her most awaited climax. “Spike!!!”


***********

“Now, you,” she told him with a hungry look as she helped him out of his pants.


Buffy pulled him next to her and soon he was lying on the bed with his legs totally spread-eagled. Before Spike could adjust himself to this take-charge kind of Buffy, she took the place between his legs and started pumping his hard shaft.



“Do you like this, baby?” Buffy purred, her confidence building with every tortured sound he made.



“Oh Buffy….” He groaned. “Do you have any idea what you do to me?”



“No, but I do want to find out, Spike,” she teased as her other hand began to fondle his balls.




“Ohhhhhhhh!” Spike screwed his eyes shut in pleasure.




Buffy grinned slightly, loving the fact that it was finally her turn to make him writhe in pleasure. “Spike…baby…the thing that really turns me on is the knowledge that you’re not supposed to show your yummy naked body to me and yet here you are.”




Despite the state he was in, Spike managed to show her a surprised look. Isn’t that something? Buffy can be the little spitfire in bed if she wants to. She has a mixture of innocence and wildness to her…a lethal combination. What a wonderful wicked surprise she’s turning out to be…my Buffy.




“Tell me, Spike. How does it feel to have your innocent virgin best friend look at your glistening helpless body… with her hand pumping furiously over your long thick cock?” I can’t believe I just said that!




“Oh God! Buffy…bloody hell I….” He stammered through his blinding ecstasy.




Buffy let her eyes feast on the pink erect cock that she had trapped within her tiny fingers. “OR would you prefer if I do this?” Buffy asked just before she bent down to lick the slit that was already leaking with precum.



“Fuck!!!!” He cried out, his head writhing with pleasure.



“Spike,” Buffy told him, her shy persona taking over. “I’ve never done this before but I would like to try and put you… in my mouth. Can you help me?”



“Oh… bloody fuck,” he cursed as he tried desperately to prevent himself from coming. “Just take it little by little…(pants) let me adjust in your mouth before you…”



His words were suddenly replaced by helpless mewls as she started taking him in.




“Oh fuck…yes…” he hissed, trying very hard not thrust himself into her mouth “Then move your…gah…lips up and down….God yes…move your hot sweet mouth…been wanting this for so long.”





She knew they were just words, but she couldn’t help but imagine him saying those words and meaning them. “Mmmm Spike,” she moaned as she began to pick up her pace.





“Ohhhhh yes…take me in…take me all in…gah…” Spike became alarmed as he began to feel the impending rush of his climax. “Buffy I can’t…I’m about to…” he muttered indistinctively as Buffy made no move to get off his cock. “I’m coming…luv…”




Spike bit his lip to prevent himself from crying out loud as his hips bucked uncontrollably. Finally, he felt himself explode into her mouth.




He was still coming down from his climax when Buffy pulled him close for a hot searing kiss. Spike began to feel himself harden again as he tasted himself on her mouth. Spike swiftly flipped them so he was lying on top of her. With no clothes to separate them, heat filled his loins as her breasts tickled his chest, his cock rested against her tummy and his leg nudged her heated center.



It didn’t take long for their kisses to become more desperate. “Buffy….want you…”



“Spike…ungghhh feels so good.” She groaned out as he nibbled her bottom lip.



Spike was losing control fast. Want to make love to her…desperately want to feel…I can’t stay away…bloody hell!




Buffy gasped as she felt him graze his aching cock against her entrance. “Spike…”




But instead of pushing himself in, he’d maneuvered it upwards so that it was sliding against her clit. He began to rub against her nubbin in rapid pace as he watched her face contort with pleasure.




She stared down between their bodies and felt her body tremble. The look and feel of his cock running up and down her sensitive spot was so intense and erotic that it had Buffy coming powerfully within seconds. “Spike!!!”




It took a few more slides before Spike finally let himself come. “Unggghhh Buffy…” Spike used his two arms to support himself to prevent himself from collapsing on top of her.



Spike took a tissue from the side of her bed and started wiping off his cum from her tummy and on his cock. Once he was finished, he let himself lie on the bed beside her as their breaths mingled through the air.



“Sorry about the mess,” he told her guiltily, wondering if she noticed just how close he had been to breaking his promise.



Buffy pulled the blanket over their naked bodies. “It was a good mess.”



Spike chuckled, then turned to look at her. “You were bloody amazing.”



God, he looked so handsome even with his hair all messed up. “You got the job done yourself.”



“You made me come twice. That almost never happens to me with anyone.”




“What every woman wants to hear,” she said as she turned away from him.




Detecting the sarcasm in her voice, a mischievous smile formed on his lips. “Do I detect jealousy?”



“No, me jealous? Pfff!”



Spike was about to say something more when he noticed the two consecutive yawns that overcame her. “Come here, luv?”



If only she was looking, she would’ve seen the glow in his eyes as he scooped her back to his chest, would’ve seen his tender look as he planted a kiss on her shoulder…would’ve learned his true feelings because he was practically wearing his heart on his sleeve at that very moment.



It only took a few seconds before he heard her low steady breathing. Minutes later, he followed.



TBC.

A/N : A whole lot better than a sleeping pill! *gg* Looks like Buffy couldn’t resist our Spike. Wonder why? (Wink, wink).


Anyway, to clear things out, Buffy and Spike are still going out with Angel and Dru. Thier hot interlude was just to show how they couldn't keep their hands off each other amidst all kinds of distractions.

Kindly let me know what you think of my latest update.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed on Chapter 11. Btw, chapter 12 is my way of thanking you all for the support and love I’ve been receiving! Big hugs to everyone!
Complicated by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
5 a.m.


It was still dark when Spike woke up with a boyish grin on his face. Even in his half-asleep state, he felt happy.



Spike turned and stared longingly at the main reason for all the warm, fluttery feelings within his chest. Buffy.



He slowly moved so that his head was leveled with hers.



So beautiful, he mused as his fingers started to play with some of the strands of hair that tickled his chest. He wondered fleetingly whether or not he should wake her up and end his torment by confessing his love for her. He wanted to. So much that he could practically feel his heart do a little dance each time that he would try to play out the scene inside his head.



How he would love to take her to the party on Saturday instead of Dru! But then part of his brain would show him flashes of the cozy intimate scene that he walked in on the day before. Remembering that scene would instantly sour his good mood. Something that would instantly instill more doubts in his mind, leading him to speculate if what happened between them was still part of Buffy’s plan to win Angel back.


************************

Buffy was dreaming. Her subconscious took her back to the scene with Angel the day before. Only this time, the ending was quite different.


“Spike…Please don’t leave…” She’d called after Spike from her doorway.


“Buffy forgive me…I want us to be together again.” Angel told her.


“Angel, I can’t be with you anymore.”


“Damn it, Buffy, please tell me why you’re pushing me away? You can’t. We were meant to be together, baby.” Angel asked her bitterly.


“Because I don’t love you… I never did. I love …Spike.”


**************************


Spike cocked an eyebrow. Isn’t that neat? It seemed that at some point after he had started caressing the smoothness of her face, Buffy began talking in her sleep. Spike knew better than to eavesdrop on her subconscious chatter. But when he caught the faint sound of his name from her lips, he found himself even more intrigued and decided to move his ear closer to her lips.


“Spike…please…”

His eyes widened. She was dreaming about me?


“Angel….(unrecognizable murmur) be with you…(murmur) love you…”

************



When Joyce arrived four hours later, her face was immediately filled with worry. It was pretty unusual to see her daughter hanging out by the kitchen on a beautiful sunny Saturday. It didn’t take her long to realize that something was wrong.




“Buffy, how’s everything in school honey?”




“School’s okay,” she answered in a lifeless manner. She toyed with the pancakes on her plate and then looked up to her mom. “Did my teacher call you about the gum that got stuck in my book report coz’ I already told her that-”




“No, your teacher didn’t call.”




“Oh.” Buffy replied foolishly. “In that case, just pretend you didn’t hear about the stupid gum incident then.”



“Is this about the call from your Dad two days ago? He cancelled on your date to the ice show today, the one that you’ve been planning to go to for months so it’s quite understandable for you to feel bad about it.” Joyce told her. “I could call him if you want and may be persuade him to-”





“That’s really not necessary, mom. For the last two years, Dad has been calling the last minute, coming up with all sorts of lame excuses. I sort of already got used to it really. I’m over the whole Buffy gets one to spend one happy birthday moment with her dad thing.”



“If it’s not your dad, then what else is bothering you, sweetie?”




Buffy looked down on her plate. She wasn't quite sure if she was ready to confide anything to her mom yet.




Joyce sat on the stool beside her. “Is it Angel? Is he giving you a hard time in school?”




“Oh mom,” Buffy sighed. “Is it always this complicated?”




“Is what complicated?”




“Men.” Buffy said weakly, resting her head on her mom’s shoulder.




“Ah. Men.” Joyce chuckled. “An age old question.”




“It’s probably because I’m too young right? That’s why I’m having a hard time figuring them out?”




“Buffy sweetie I’m at the brink of my pre-menopausal phase and I haven’t still figured them out.”




“Angel came by yesterday.”





“Oh.” Joyce face suddenly became alarmed. “So how did it go? I assume he did lots and lots of groveling.”




Buffy looked up to her mom quizzically. “How did you know he was asking me to take him back?”




“Honey he had to be dumb not to realize he committed a big mistake by letting you go. So are you two back together now?




“See that’s the thing. Days ago I would’ve taken him back in a heartbeat but now…”





“Things are more complicated?”




“U-huh.”





“Is it because of Spike?”





Joyce stifled a grin when she felt Buffy’s body stiffen.





Buffy sat upright and looked at her mom guiltily. “How-?”




Joyce gave her an assuring smile. “I’m your mom. Hence, it’s my job to know about these things. Especially when it involves my daughter.”





“You’re not upset?”





“William is a wonderful person sweetie. In and out. I always know that you’ll be safe and cared for whenever he’s around. To tell you honestly, I’m not surprised that you’ve developed deeper feelings towards him.”




“Well I am. It came out as shock to me when I realized. I knew I always cared about him as friend but…”




Joyce looked at her sternly. “Buffy, who do you usually turn to whenever you have problems?”





“You…” Buffy said quickly then became hesitant as she added. “…And Spike. But that’s only natural since we’re best of friends.”





“Don’t they usually start out that way?”





“Not all.”




“I know but,” Joyce gave her a teasing grin. “I wish you could see yourself in the mirror every time Spike shows up. It's almost funny how you seem to be unaware of it yourself, how you unconsciously look for him whenever he’s not around.”





“Hold on. You said…every time. You knew about it for a long time and you haven’t said a word?”





“I thought it would be better if my own daughter would figure it out for herself. I never wanted to sound like I was trying to match the two of you up.” She smiled apologetically.




“Well I wish you would’ve told me so that I could have prevented myself from falling…” she looked down, suddenly feeling embarrassed that she almost blurted out the L word. It would’ve sounded really weird since she never used Spike and the word "love" in the same sentence before.




Joyce lifted up her chin. “Oh honey, why in the world would you do something like that?”




“Mom, you know how he is with girls. I’m kind of confused that you don’t think Spike’s bad news for your daughter.”




“Well don’t you think it’s quite possible that the reason why he’s been that way was because he thought he couldn't have the girl he wanted?”




“When you say -the girl he couldn’t have, you’re not by any chance talking about me, right?” Buffy laughed this time. “ Coz that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard… you know, in a not so funny way.”




“I don’t think it’s funny at all. I’m serious. Have you seen the way he looks at you?”




“No, how DOES he look at me?” she asked hesitantly.




“Like the way you would look at him only ten times more since William tends to wear his heart on his sleeve.”




Buffy shook her head. Mom probably has it wrong. If Spike cared about her at all, he wouldn’t have left her bedside that morning without saying goodbye…without even greeting her on her birthday. “But don’t you think it would’ve made more sense if he just told me…if he really was…which I know he isn’t.“




“Well, you see that’s the thing. Men are complicated.” Joyce quipped.




Buffy gave her mom a warm hug. She’d been tempted to argue that she knew Spike well enough to know that he would never fall for somebody like her. They were totally different people when it came to commitment and their notions of what true love was. While Buffy believed in true love so much that she was willing to fight for it, Spike chose to play around with it and never took any of his relationships seriously. Well, except for Cecily, whom she suspected he was still holding a torch for after all these years. Oh how she wished she could meet her one of these days so she could whack her in the head for totally ruining Spike’s perception of women.




As far as Buffy was concerned, ending their silly arrangement would do both of them a favor. That way, they could go on with their lives without destroying what’s left of their friendship. They needed to go back to where things were…before everything went kabloeey. Last night should never have happened. Even if was the most amazing thing she’d ever felt in her life. It was a moment of weakness on her part that enabled her to see Spike for who he really was when it came to his lovers. If this was the treatment she would get for almost giving in totally to the temptation, she couldn’t imagine how horrible the outcome would be once they actually did the real thing.



“Things will be okay, sweetie.” Joyce kissed the top of her head. “You’ll see. The day isn’t quite over yet. It’s your birthday and who knows what’s in store for you at the end of the day. Could even turn out to be your best day ever.”




Buffy doubted it. “Mom, you’ve been watching too many Spongebob episodes.”



Joyce smiled and tightened her hold on her. She normally wouldn't consider calling Hank, but Joyce had made up her mind to do so. His daughter needed him now more than ever before.


**********

An hour later (totally Spike’s POV)



Coming out of the house in his jeans and blue shirt, Spike began dialing Xander’s
numbers.



“I’m on my way there, whelp…no of course not. I’m not gonna bail out on you….I’ve been waiting to play pool all day.” And drink lots and lots beer so he could try to forget… “I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” He hung up.



He should never have gone to her house in the first place. How could I have been so daft! Buffy never loved him and she probably never will. And what was eating him up was the fact that he couldn’t bring himself to hate her for it since she’d been totally honest with him right from the very start. He should have known better than to assume that he could use sex to make her fall in love with him. Last night was the biggest mistake he’d ever made in his entire life. It was one of those things that if he could do over again, he would…do over and over again! Damn! Who was he kidding? Last night had been the most wonderful thing he’d ever experienced in his life! If given the chance, he would probably do the same thing and perhaps even more. Bloody hell, I need to get my feet moving before I go out of my soddin’ mind.



Spike willed himself to look straight ahead as he passed by the Summers' house. Even if he caught a familiar figure sitting by the porch out of the corner of his eye, he was not gonna stop and look. No siree. Not going to.



Oh Bugger! His feet stopped walking. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he felt himself being drawn to the girl who was sitting on the porch steps. Like a moth to a flame, he started to stride hesitantly towards her. She had her head in her hands and didn’t see him approach.



“Buffy?”


Buffy looked up with a tear stained face. “Spike…”



“What’s wrong, pet?” He tilted his head as his face filled with great concern.



“I don’t wanna talk about it.” She said avoiding his gaze.




Spike sat beside her, his jaw clenching with so much anger. He was so ready to seek out Angel and beat the crap out of him if he found out that the poofter was the one who made her cry. “Is there something I can do?”




Buffy sighed. “It’s…It’s my dad.”




“You told me he couldn’t make it today. I’m assuming he didn’t change his mind judging from the tears. Unless they’re happy tears.”




“No. He didn’t change his mind. I overheard mom talking to my dad on the phone and I learned that the reason why he couldn’t make it this time was because he’s taking his new wife, Amy, to see a doctor.” She looked at him with sad eyes. “She’s pregnant, Spike. No wonder he didn’t want to have anything to do with me. He’s starting a new family with her!”




It was something so natural. For him to move closer and for Buffy to place her head on his shoulder. He didn’t even notice that he had been running his hands on her back to comfort her until he heard Buffy’s deep sigh. Bloody hell! I’m doing it again! He was about to tell her that he had to leave to meet Xander, who was probably already wondering what’s been keeping him. However, he surprised himself by saying, “You know, there’s a town fair I’ve been wanting to go to for days now and I believe today’s gonna be the last day, so there’s going to be lots of fireworks and stuff.”



Buffy looked up at him, a look of bewilderment crossing her face.



Feeling suddenly vulnerable under her scrutinizing gaze, Spike suddenly stood up and fidgeted. “Buffy…would you like to go to the fair with me?”




The shocked look that she gave him had nearly caused him to retract his offer to her almost instantly. Almost.



“Spike…”



“Pet, I know that going with me to the fair is a poor substitute for spending time with your dad but…”



Buffy started to shake her head. “I don’t think…”




“I think that’s a good idea, Spike,” came Joyce’s voice from behind.




“Mom?” Buffy turned to see her mom standing behind her with a wide grin on her face.




“You've been wanting to go to the town fair this year and you keep putting if off. Now is the perfect time to go check out all the new attractions and rides they have this year.”




“I don’t know.” Buffy looked down on her feet.



“It’s all right Miss Summers. The town fair is so lame anyway, nothing special about it. I don’t know what I was thinking...” Spike muttered regretfully as he turned to leave.




“Spike, wait!”




Spike halted his steps and turned to her sharply, impatience evident in his tone. “Yeah.”




“I changed my mind. I’ll go with you.”



TBC



A/N: So sorry for the delayed update. Got the flu last week. It was terrible. So difficult to get sick when you have a 15-month old baby to take care of as well.


Anyway, thanks for all the reviews on my last chap. Since I got sick, I never really got time to check on the feedbacks and when I did, my gosh my heart was practically swelling from all the good words I’ve been receiving on this story. Thank you sooo much.


Also, let me know how did with the latest chap. Your feedbacks are deeply appreciated. Thanks to my beta, Natalie for once again working with me on this story.
Best day ever (part 1) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
Flashback Three years ago


“Come on William, please ride with me?” Fourteen-year old Buffy told Spike as she got on the line for the carousel.


“Nu-uh.” William shook his head. “I didn’t come here for the merry-go-round. I wanna go on the speedway section.”


“Oh please Will, I don’t wanna go on the ride alone. I promise I’ll race with you on the mini speedway if you go with me.”



“Nope. Not going. Don’t you think we’re too old for that ride? I used to enjoy going there when I was a kid but now-”


“One can never be too old to ride in a Carousel.”



“Says who?”



“Says your very smart and pretty best friend.”



He rolled up his eyes. “Very funny.”



“William, please? I’ll do anything. I’ll even try to get you on a date with Hannah if you want.”



William looked at her, his face unfathomable when he finally succumbed to her wishes. “All right. But only because you’re fixing me up on a date with Hannah and not for other reasons.”



“What other reasons would there be?”


“Forget it. Let’s go…” He grabbed her hand. “Carousels are for ninnies. I can’t believe I’m actually agreeing to do this. You’re gonna sully my big bad reputation, you know that?”


“U-huh,” she piped, smiling widely. “I get to ruin your image while I ride my most favorite ride of all. I’m having the best day ever!”


End of flashback

************




“It’s all right, Miss Summers. The town’s fair seems lame anyway, nothing special about it. I don’t know what I was thinking...” Spike muttered regretfully as he turned to leave.



“Spike, wait!”



Spike halted his steps and turned to Buffy sharply, impatience evident in his tone. “Yeah?”




“I’ll go with you… just wait here while I go change,” she said right before she disappeared into the house.



Several minutes later she reappeared, wearing very light make-up with her hair pulled up in a ponytail. The December weather was actually warm enough for to wear a thin cardigan over her sleeveless light green chiffon blouse. She exchanged her skirt for some cuffed jeans. She wanted to dress as comfortably as she could just in case she decided to get on the scary and fast-paced rides.



“So, do you want to walk or we should get in my car and get there faster?” Spike suggested.



“Spike, it’s just a few blocks away.”




“I know, but knowing how you’ll probably want to get on every ride at the fair, I thought it would be best if you conserve your energy.”




“Fine, you drive while I walk there by myself and we could just meet each other at the entrance.” She replied irritably as she started to walk.



Spike muttered a curse under his breath as he ran to block her path. “Wait.”



Buffy glared at him impatiently. “What now?”




“Why are you acting like brat all of a sudden?”



Buffy sighed exasperatedly, “I know that you obviously have somewhere else you want to be, and that you’re only here with me now because you saw how distraught I was. But I’m okay now. You don’t have to tag along just because my mom asked you to. I can call Willow and ask her to come with me to the fair instead.”




“You’re right. I’m not gonna lie to you,” Spike told her. “I did have something planned out this afternoon but I changed my mind.”




“Just like that? You changed your mind?” she asked with an inquisitive look, placing her arms on her chest.




“Well, it’s your birthday, Summers,” he told her tenderly.



“So?” Tears suddenly welled up in her eyes but she resisted because she didn’t want him to see her cry. If he really cared he wouldn’t have left me this morning without saying goodbye.



“Honestly, I just want to be able to spend some time with my best friend on her special day. Please, luv. Just you and me. What do you say?” Right. No poofter to spoil our day…hopefully. “It’ll be completely my treat.”



And just like that, the walls she built around herself all came tumbling down.



“Your treat? What, did you hit your head on the wall on your way out of the house? That is so unlike you,” she said, a hint of a smile playing on her lips.



“Call it your birthday and graduation present. Since you have Angel back. I figured you wouldn’t be needing further lessons from me. ”



“Oh.” Buffy replied looking down at her sandals. She should be glad that Spike was taking one of her problems out of her hands, but she wasn’t. He was actually agreeing with her seriously this time without a trace of anger that they should go back to their platonic relationship… but all she wanted to do was kiss him and cling on to him like crazy and never let go.



“Look pet, we both got what we wanted. I got Dru and you got Angel. But that’s not what I want to celebrate,” he said as he reached for both of her hands and held them tight. “I want to celebrate us.”


“Us?”


“I want to celebrate the fact that we’re both lucky to always have each other to turn to.”



The look on Spike’s face was so sincere that it immediately caused Buffy to feel guilty.



“I’m sorry.” Buffy apologized. “Here you are trying to cheer me up and I’m being my usual grumpy self again.”



“You’re forgiven, pet.” Spike told her with a grin, his arm coming around her as they started to walk. “Come on, I’ll buy you some ice cream when we get there.”



“Chocolate flavor?”



“Sure, with fudge mint on top.”



“You know me so well.”



*************

“Wow! That was sooo cool!” Buffy giggled excitedly as they got off the rollercoaster. “I wanna go again, Spike….Spike?”



Buffy tried to suppress her laughter as she watched the bleached blonde stagger dizzily towards her. “How about we rest a little, yeah?”



“Oh come on now, you’re not giving up just yet, are you? We’ve only started…”



“Started?!! We’ve already been on and off of the rollercoaster for like four bloody times now! I swear if we go up there again, my guts are gonna shoot right out of my mouth while we’re in mid air.”



“Eck! Such a disgusting visual! You’re such a grandpa… All right. We’ll rest.” Buffy rolled her eyes.


“Good.”



“Say why don’t we sit…” Buffy scanned the area. “near one of those booths?”




When Spike’s stare followed the area to which she was pointing, a huge scowl formed on his face. “We’ve already gone there, luv. Like a dozen times and you haven’t won anything.”



“But I so wanna win the pink pig..” She said, pulling him towards one of the booths. “You can play too if you want.”



“No thanks, I’ve already tried winning you that soddin’ pig this morning, and each time, I only managed to shoot one vampire out of three.”



“But I’ve already thought of a name for my pink pig. I’m gonna call him Mr. Gordo.”




“Right, coz’ that is such a cool name.” Spike told her sarcastically.




“Spike, please? I’ll even spend my own money this time. I wanna try again.”




“Are you sure?” he cocked an eyebrow. “You really suck at bows and arrows.”



Buffy frowned at him. “Well, you know what they say… Practice makes perfect.”



“All right, goldilocks.” he said, giving her a disapproving look when she started to take out her wallet. “No. My treat.”



“But-”



“I meant what I said a while ago, Buffy. Today’s gonna be entirely on me.”



“Thanks.” Buffy smiled at him sweetly as she watched him pay the man who was running the booth.



Soon Buffy was aiming the bow and arrow at the little vampire targets that would alternately appear. She had to hit at least two to get the pig prize. But, unfortunately, out of all five games that she played, she didn’t hit one single vampire.




Spike smirked and shook his head as Buffy walked up to him with a big pout on her face. “Are you okay, luv?”




“I can’t believe I didn’t hit anything,” she said, her lower lip jutting out.




He just spent his entire week’s allowance on the shoot-the-vampire game, but all he could think about was how much he wanted to take her lower lip between his teeth and…




“Spike?” Buffy waved her hand in front of his face.



“I’m sorry. I was just…” He cleared his throat. “Oh look, they don’t have a line at the Ferris wheel.” Good save, Spike.




“There’s a reason why they don’t have a line.” Buffy muttered as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to towards a booth to buy more tickets. “It’s a boring ride.”




“No it’s not, you’re just scared to get on it.”



“Me scared? Of a harmless ol’ Ferris wheel? You’ve got to be kidding me.”



“So how come I’ve never seen you ride in one?”



Buffy closed and opened her mouth before she managed a faint reply. “Like I told you before, it’s boring.”



“Lame.” Spike told her, pulling her towards the entrance.



“Okay, you got me. Ferris Wheels gives me the wiggins,” she said scrounging up her nose to emphasize her point.



“Why?”



“Because, I’m afraid of heights.”



“Now that’s just rubbish and you know it! You can go on a roller coaster like, hundreds of times but you can’t get on the Ferris wheel because you’re afraid of heights,” he said while crossing his arms, a gesture he only made whenever he was both irritated and amused.



“It’s true. I AM afraid of heights. The rollercoasters we have here in Sunnydale are not so high,” she tried to explain. “They’re fast enough for me to not notice how high we really are. I rode in the boring Ferris wheel before when I was younger and I remember that it moved slowly that I could see and feel how far I really was from the ground. Like the moment you reach the top, guh!!!”



“Buffy, you’re being silly, luv.”



“I’m serious Spike. I’m gonna scream if you to force me to ride in that thing.”


“No you’re not.” Spike ushered her towards their seat.



“All right.” Buffy conceded as she watched the man running the Ferris Wheel secure the lock on their seat.



Buffy clutched tightly on the edge of their seat. As they started to rise, she felt her stomach began to turn.



“See, there’s nothing to be scared of. The man is just trying to fill up every seat and that’s why the ride is moving and stopping.” Spike assured her.



“Oh God!” Buffy muttered nervously. “If I end up puking all over my favorite jeans, it’s gonna be all your fault.”



Spike hid a smile as he noticed that Buffy had already started to inch closer to him. “Look at me, luv.”



Buffy wasn’t listening. She couldn’t help feeling a little panicky as they reached the top.


“Buffy. Come here.”



Buffy moved closer to him until their legs were touching. “Holy shit! I could practically see our house from here!”



“Really?” His eyes followed the area where she was looking.



Buffy was trying very hard to keep herself calm as they started to descend. She opened her mouth to even out her breathing as the wheel resumed its nerve-wracking climb once again. Soon they were moving in a spine-tingling steady rotation.



“Well I’m not really sure since all the houses seem to look exactly alike from up here, but two of those could be yours and mine.” She chattered nervously.



They’ve been best of friends for four years and still, he couldn’t find a single boring moment with her. Every time she reacted to something or opened her mouth to speak, he found himself smiling and shaking his head in amusement. At this rate, if he thought he was gonna get over her that easily, he couldn’t be more wrong.



Buffy was actually looking at the other seats below and noticed that there were just three seats that were still unoccupied. She grinned mischievously when she saw that the couple behind them was getting pretty cozy with each other. Hmm, they look so cute.



Spike must’ve read her mind for she suddenly felt him slowly take her hand in his. That innocent touch alone brought several delicious tingles that traveled all they way down to her toes.



“Spike?” She saw his head slowly come down. And the moment his lips touched hers, she felt a bittersweet pain that tugged at her heart. Buffy held back a sob as tears started to well up in her eyes. How could he just leave and now kiss her like nothing happened? And yet even with the anger rising fast within her chest, she found herself kissing him back. How could he just pretend like…God, it’s torture. She sighed. The way he was kissing her was torture. Gone were his hard bruising kisses. Instead, they were now replaced with soft feathery touches that left her begging for more while her heart ached. She wondered if he was somehow trying to convey something through his magical kisses.



Please love me,, he thought desperately as he continue to make light gentle kisses on her lips. He didn’t attempt to go deeper. His tongue continued to hide behind his teeth and yet his desperation behind every single kiss he gave was still intensely obvious.



When they finally withdrew, she looked into his eyes and found herself mesmerized at the amount of emotion flickering through them. There were so many things she wanted to say and yet she’d chosen to remain silent, afraid that she might ruin their magic moment.


Spike didn’t speak as well. They just continued to stare at each other in amazement until their ride finally came to a stop. Sparks were practically flying above their heads when he took her hand and led her to sit in one of the benches.



“Buffy, can I ask you something?”



Buffy tried very hard to mask the anticipation in her voice as she replied to him, “Ask away.”




“Are you still in love with Angel?”



TBC



A/N: Thanks for the awesome reviews on my last Chapter and also for the nice notes you left on the review section and email regarding my flu. Let me know how you like my latest update. I love reading all your reviews. They make me write faster. Once again thanks to Natalie for proofreading.
Best day ever (part 2) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
A/N: If you don’t know the song of Five for fighting’s “the riddle”, you could click this link to give you an idea what song Spike and Buffy are talking about http://music.yahoo.com/video/33438821

**************



“Buffy, can I ask you something?”



Buffy tried very hard to mask the anticipation in her voice as she replied to him, “Ask away.”



“Are you still in love with Angel?” Spike questioned, trying to sound casual even if he already knew the answer that she was going to give him.



“Spike…” Buffy looked down. “Angel is a big part of my life. He has helped me somehow… realize what true love is…” Made me realize who I really love. “But he’s…”




“It’s okay, you know, to feel that way about the poofter even if he hurt you. I would completely understand. Once you love someone, it’s …,” he swallowed hard. “It’s hard to force yourself to stop.”




Was he talking about Cecily? “You’re right.” Buffy replied faintly. “Once you love, you can never stop.”



Spike looked quickly away as hurt flickered momentarily in his eyes.



Buffy was beginning to get uncomfortable with the conversation that they were having, which led to her becoming irritated with the things around her. Even the music being played on the loudspeakers at the fair was starting to get to her as well. “Damn, I hate this song.”



“What song?” Spike tried to make out the music she was talking about. “It’s not that bad. I happen to like it.”



Buffy looked at him sternly. “You, Spike Giles actually like a sappy song from Five- for-fighting?”




“Well, it has a nice beat to it.”




Buffy rolled her eyes and stood up impatiently. “We’d better go. It’s beginning to get dark anyway.”




Spike wondered what suddenly got her knickers in a twist. Did he say something that upset her? Bugger, he cursed inwardly as she started to walk away in a hurry. He felt so disappointed with the way things were going, especially when the reason why he brought her to the fair in the first place was to cheer her up. “Wait, how about one more ride?”




“I don’t know,” she said in deep thought. “We’ve practically tried every single ride. I just wanna go home.”




“Well not everything.” Spike gestured towards the carousel.




The blinding smile that Buffy bestowed upon him had nearly made his heart stop.



“Now you’re really started to make me worry,” Buffy said.




“Why?”




“Coz you hate carousels! I believe your exact words were- carousels are for ninnies…you’re gonna sully my bad boy image and all that rot,” she said, trying to imitate his British accent.




“Carousels are really not that bad,” he told her, his mind recalling a quick flashback of their fourteen-year old selves, holding hands between two horses and laughing like a couple of crazy kids. “Plus, it’s your birthday and I know that it’s your most favorite ride of all.”



“It is my favorite ride. I’ve been wanting to ask you to ride with me since we got here,” she replied as she let him take her hand towards the line. A very long line.



“Well, why didn’t you?”



“I just thought you would laugh at me since we’re a bit too old to ride in it.”



Spike chuckled, “Well someone once told me before that you can never be too old to ride in a carousel.”




“Boy, that someone must’ve have been really convincing…” then added for good measure, “and really pretty to make you act this way.”




The serious look that Spike gave her caused sudden fluttery feelings in her belly. “She is.”


************


It took almost half an hour before Spike and Buffy got through the line. There was such a rush by the other kids and teens to get the good carousel seats, however, that there was only one horse left to ride on once Spike and Buffy got onto the ride.


Spike and Buffy looked at each other and grinned awkwardly.



“Guess we’d better take the next ride,” Buffy said.



“No, you go ahead, I’ll just wait out there, pet”




“I don’t really mind waiting for the next ride. Really, it’s no biggie.” She wanted Spike to be with her.




“Stay, Buffy. I mean it. We’ve been waiting on line for like I dunno… forever? You deserve to sit on that horse.”




“Well, how about we share it?” Buffy suggested.




Spike raised his brow. “What?”




“It is one of the bigger horses they have here, anyway. I’m sure we that could both fit on it,” she said as she settled herself on the fake saddle.



“But…”




“Come on, Spike. The man running the booth is starting to give us a bad look.”



Spike hopped on the horse and took the space behind her.



The moment she felt Spike’s warm body touch her back, her heart began to beat erratically. He moved a little closer until she could feel his legs touching hers.




“You can hold on to me while I hold on to the pole,” she suggested.




Spike didn’t miss the slight change in her tone. His eyes began to darken as he put one arm around her waist. He moved his lips closer to her ears when he spoke. “Sure luv. Don’t quite fancy the idea of falling off from a fake horse. Not very manly.”




Buffy chuckled in spite of her nervousness. Buffy didn’t resist the urge to lean back
on his chest as the carousel started to move.




“Tell me, what’s so bad about the song to make you hate it?” He’d decided to ask when he started to feel his body respond to her closeness. Maybe she won’t notice it if he engaged her in a conversation.



But she did notice. His closeness was creating havoc on her senses, so it took Buffy several seconds before she was able to register what he was talking about. “It just sounds so sad and depressing.”



“Which part is depressing?”




“Well the depressing part is kinda hard to miss since it started out with a man who died in 95,” she said, trying to hold on tightly to the pole as the horse started to rise up and down.




Buffy felt the soft fluttering in her belly intensify as she felt his laughter vibrate from his chest to her back.




“I don’t about you but I kinda like this part of the song.” He cleared his throat before he opened his mouth to sing.




“Wait. Are you actually going to sing?” Buffy asked in amused tone.




“I am going to, just to prove you’re wrong about this song. But you have to promise me that you’re not gonna laugh.”




“Okay,” she said, giggling.



“Okay, here goes,


The batter swings,
And the summer flies
As I look into my angel's eyes




Buffy stiffened as he softly sang the song into her ear. Damn, in all the years they’ve known each other, she never knew he could sing. He sang it very slowly, a tone lower than the original version but the outcome was far more riveting and tender.



A song plays on
While the moon is high over me
Something comes over me




Buffy felt the tingle raced down her spine as Spike placed his right hand on her right shoulder and let his fingertips travel up and down the extent of her arm. She could feel herself melting into a pile of goo.



I guess we're big,
And I guess we're small
If you think about it, man
You know we got it all


Cause we're all we got
On this bouncing ball
And I love you free, I love you freely




Spike stopped singing and the rest of the song continued to play inside their heads as they both closed their eyes.


Here's a riddle for you,
Find the answer....




“Buffy…” he murmured just before he started planting soft kisses on the nape of her neck.



There's a reason for the world,
You and I...




God! Buffy started to pant at the delicious thrills the touch of his lips was giving her. “Spike…” she heard herself whispering as she felt the evidence of his desire start to graze her behind.




When Buffy turned, she saw Spike’s darkened eyes and she wasn’t at all surprised when his lips came down to claim hers in a hot searing kiss. Her lips immediately parted and welcomed his hot tongue as it mingled fervently with her own.




The horse moved up and down but their lips stayed fused together. Through his ragged breathing, Spike covertly tried to relieve his discomfort by pushing further into her lower back.




“Oh God!…We’d better stop...kids.” Buffy reminded him huskily as she leaned her forehead against his.



Spike reluctantly stopped and tried to catch his breath. “I’m sorry.”



Buffy swallowed the lump in her throat. “You’re sorry that we kissed?”



Spike looked at her with glassy eyes. “No.”




The carousel had already stopped but the two blondes were so lost in their own world to notice. They were about to engage in another kiss when they heard the familiar sound of fireworks being shot through the air.



Spike lowered himself off the horse and lifted Buffy easily. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed deeply. Buffy didn’t want to let him go and Spike must’ve been thinking of the same thing for he didn’t settle her down on the ground until they left the vicinity of the carousel.


They both looked up to see the lovely flashing colors that painted the sky before Buffy pulled his head towards hers to bestow him with another mind-blowing kiss. Just one more kiss, she told herself before…




…She leaves me,
Spike mused to himself bitterly. I need to feel her lips on mine before we go back to the way things were.




TBC


A/N : I know I’ve disappointed a lot of people with the way Buffy answered Spike’s question. Really sorry about that. It’s just that I had the story laid out and changing that scene would change all the twist and turns that I have in store. Anyway, please let me know how this chapter went. I hope it didn’t get too sappy.

Thanks again for the lovely reviews on my last chapter. I still find myself laughing sometimes whenever I recall some of the reactions you wrote. Truly truly love em!

Again, big thanks to Natalie for working on this chapter with me!
Happy Birthday! by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
n/a
Neither of them spoke when they left the fair. They walked side by side. Both were still reeling from the few stolen kisses that they just shared. Each of them had been so lost in their own thoughts that neither noticed when they had taken the longer route to their destination. The overwhelming feeling of not wanting to part grew stronger as the road that led to their houses drew nearer and nearer.



They were just a couple of blocks away from Buffy’s house when Spike suddenly stopped walking.




“What?” Buffy asked, perplexed.




“I-uh…you go ahead. There’s just something that I need to do,” he said thoughtfully before he started to head back to where they came from.



“Spike…will you come see me later?”



Hope flickered in his eyes before he nodded. “Of course.”



“Good,” she smiled back and thought she saw a quick change in his demeanor just before he turned on his heel and left.



Spike was still on her mind when she came into the house and leaned on the door. That was when she noticed that her home was completely surrounded in pitch darkness. Her mom never left the house without a single light on. She always made sure that they paid the electric bill on time. Something must be terribly wrong.



Cautiously, her hand searched for the light switch on the wall and flicked it on.



“Surprise!!!!!!’



Dear God! Buffy jumped slightly from where she was standing. All of a sudden, she found herself surrounded by her family and friends.



“Happy birthday, Buffy!” Willow greeted, giving her a hug.



“Happy birthday, darling!” Joyce asked.



“Oh mom!” She threw her arms around Joyce. “Did you arrange all this?”



Joyce nodded. “Me and Willow.”



“Aww…you shouldn’t have,” Buffy said, feeling flattered.



“Well we wanted to.” Willow chirped happily.



“Happy birthday Buffster!” Xander greeted. “Say, you didn’t you by any chance spend the afternoon with a certain annoying peroxide blonde, did you?”



“As a matter of fact, I did.”



Xander sighed. “Thought so. Where is he by the way?”



“Oh he’ll be here in a few. Wait a minute, did he know about the surprise party?” Buffy asked sheepishly.



“Well, actually he’s the one who suggested it,” Willow told her excitedly.



“He did?” Buffy was stunned. “No wonder he’d been stalling when we were at the fair.”


************


Almost half an hour had passed and still several more familiar faces from school continued to arrive. She never really got beyond the foyer since the doorbell kept on ringing every two seconds.



“Buffy,” Anya called her from the kitchen. “Guess who just got in from the backyard.”




“I don’t know.” She asked, secretly hoping that it was Spike.




“Happy birthday, Buffy.” Angel greeted as he appeared from the kitchen.



“Angel.”



Anya looked between the two and started laughing to herself. “I guess I’d better…Oooh chips. Tara brought some chips!” She said before she anxiously left the two to themselves.



“This is for you.” Angel handed her a small gift-wrapped box and a bouquet of flowers.



“Wow!” She feigned an appreciative smile. “All this for me?”




“Anything for you baby.” He gave her a brief kiss on her lips.



“Thanks.” Buffy tried not to look bothered even though she was getting pretty annoyed with all the stolen kisses Angel had been giving her lately. She hadn’t even decided whether she’d take him back or not and Angel was already acting like they were an item again.



“Can’t believe the New Year’s party is in two days. I’m really excited about taking you to Cordy’s place. Her house is really huge!”


“Angel.” Buffy interrupted. “About Saturday. I…”



“There you are Buffy!” Willow came in between. “Oz was looking for the cups in the kitchen and we couldn’t find it.”


“Oh um… it’s just on the lower cabinet next to the…” Buffy gave Angel an apologetic look. “Uh…can you excuse me for a bit? I’m just gonna help them out.”


*********

Twenty minutes EARLIER


Spike was standing at the Kill the Vampire booth and gave the boy the last of the money he had in his wallet. “Okay, this is the last dollar I have on me so you’d better not move around so much. I don’t want you to ruin my concentration…” Spike looked at his name tag. “Andrew.”


“Yes sir.”


“Good.”



“Boy you must have it really bad for her if you’re spending all your…”



Spike’s glare made Andrew mumble out the rest of his words. This guy is scary, he silently told himself. “Sorry.”



Spike breathed in and out and tried to concentrate.



“A little advice. If you see the tip aligned with your target, move it up a bit coz the arrow tends to slightly aim low because of its weight.”



“Thanks…now if you could please shot your gob so I could concentrate.” He muttered between clenched teeth.



Andrew paled. “Okay.”



Spike gently placed the nock of the arrow onto the bowstring. He drew the bow and did what the lad told him to do. He aligned the tip a little above the target before he released it. Sure enough, he got one vampire down.



Andrew applauded. “See...”



Spike aimed and then released the arrow again but this time he missed. “Bugger.”



“You got one more shot.” Andrew reminded him.



Spike nodded and started to aim once again. Concentrate, Spike…You can bloody do this. Count to three and release the string. 1…2…



“Keep in mind what I told you earlier.”



Spike’s growl made Andrew jump from where he was standing. “Sorry. I just wanted you to win that’s all.”



Spike closed his eyes and willed himself to be impervious from the things around him. This time, he opened his stance to keep his body steady. He nocked the arrow. Breathing slowly in and out, he aligned the tip of his arrow. Only one person had entered his mind before his fingers finally released the bowstring.

**************


Ten minutes later, Spike stood by the Summers front porch with an apprehensive look on his face. He was about to ring the doorbell when someone came out of the house.



“Hey Spike,” Anya greeted. “You know Xander’s looking all over for you.”



Spike chuckled. “I bet. So how was the uh…was she surprised?”



“She was.” Anya nodded enthusiastically. “She jumped and screamed. The two ‘must haves’ in a surprise birthday party.”



“Spike! Man where have you been?” Xander appeared behind Anya. “I left a few messages on your phone. What happened?”



“I must’ve turned off the phone by mistake. Had a little emergency and I didn’t want to disappoint Joyce. Sorry, I know I should’ve called.”



“I see.” Xander eyed his friend suspiciously when he noticed that one of Spike’s hands had been behind his back the whole time. “What do you got behind ya?”



“Nothing that concerns you.” He said, defensively. “Where’s Buffy?”




Xander’s face suddenly looked worried.




“What?”



Anxious to find out the reason behind Xander’s strange reaction, he quickly came through the door and scanned the living room. Spying Buffy’s back from the kitchen made his eyes instantly light up in anticipation. But as soon as he caught a glimpse of the person she was talking to, he immediately stepped back.



What the bloody hell is he doing here? He found himself muttering a few strings of curses when he spotted Angel offering her bouquet of flowers and a small jewelry box. The kiss that Angel stole from her lips only added more fuel to the building rage inside of him.



Spike held out the pink pig he was hiding and looked at it with disgust. God, I feel so bloody pathetic. It’s no wonder she chose him over me. I couldn’t even give her a decent gift.


**************

Buffy looked at her watch and wondered was keeping Spike. She wasn’t really paying any attention to what Angel was telling her. It just dawned on her that she usually found conversations with Angel really captivating but now she could hardly keep her face straight without yawning for like every two seconds. Finally, she excused herself and decided to go look for the bleached blonde.


“Mom, have you seen Spike?” Buffy ran into her mom in the backyard.



“I thought I saw him a while ago.”



“Oh he was here.” Xander told them.



“Was?” she said, feeling confused.



“But then he left in a big hurry.”



Buffy gave her mom a look before she asked Xander. “Did he tell you why he left?”



“No, he just said that he had to leave right away.”



“Oh.” Buffy looked down as she tried to fight back the tears that had started to well up in her eyes. Her voice nearly choked when she asked, “Did…did he say anything else?”



“No.” Xander replied, his face filling with wonder and concern.



“Okay thanks, Xander,” She said gloomily.



“Wait. He did say something else,” he recalled.



“What else did he say?”



“When I saw him coming down the stairs, I didn’t know what he was talking about but he muttered something about bringing home a guy named Mr. Gordo.”



Buffy’s eyes widened as she glanced at her mom. Without wasting another single moment, Buffy quickly went up the stairs while her heart pounded loudly in her ears. When she opened the door to her room, the first thing that caught her eye was the pink pig that was sitting on her bed. As she got closer, she noticed that its paws held a folded note that read “To Buffy”. She quickly grabbed and read it.





Dear Buffy,


I’m sorry I couldn’t stay for your birthday, luv. Something really important came up. Forgive me? I promise to make it up to you one of these days. A trip to the ice cream parlor perhaps?


Anyway, I assume that the party’s already over since you’re reading my note. I hope you had a great time, but then I’m fairly sure that you did since the love of your life was there to complete your day.


By the way, I hope you like my gift. I know it’s nothing much, but it would truly mean so much to me if you could let him sleep on your bed so he can keep an eye on you at night.


Good night, luv. Guess the next time I’ll see you will be at the ball. I hope you’ll save a dance for your best friend. Again, Happy Birthday.


Always,

William




Sitting on her bed, a tiny sob escaped her lips as she clutched the pink pig tightly to her chest.


TBC


A/N : Hope you like this latest installment in spite of the angst. Thanks for all your wonderful reviews! I’m looking forward to posting the next one real soon. I’m really anxious about the ballroom scene.

Thanks to my awesome beta, Natalie ! I really appreciate the help.
Beautiful by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
A/N: I know most of you were thinking that Angel is still evil and must have some ulterior motive behind his recent actions. If that were the case, that would've been an easy choice for Buffy to make. So I thought what if Angel had truly changed and stopped being a jerk in this story? Will that influence Buffy and eventually choose him over Spike?
**********************


Saturday- New Year’s Eve party



“How is everything going in there, sweetie?” Joyce called from outside Buffy’s room. “Do you need my help?”



“I’m okay. Just need to decide what to do with my stubborn hair, then I’m done.”



“All right then, just call me if you need anything,” the older Summers said as she started to march down the stairs.



“I will!”


Joyce looked back at Buffy’s room just before she took the phone and dialed a friend’s number.


***********

Buffy decided she liked her hair down better. A few minutes in the curling iron and she looked like a little doll princess with her curly long hair framing her petite round face. The light blue, satin gown her mom bought for her had spaghetti straps, a “V”-shaped neckline, and a sweeping train. The open back enhanced her sexy silhouette and complimented the flowing chiffon ties that hung delicately from behind. The silver metallic 2 ¾ heels she bought recently were the perfect finishing touch to the dress. All in all, Buffy’s ensemble gave her a look that was both girlishly innocent and hauntingly sexy.



She was thankful that Anya was able to stop by earlier to do her make-up. Buffy was satisfied with the outcome even if she wasn’t really big on having to wear something on her face. Anya did a pretty good job of making her look stunning enough without going overboard.



Everything looked perfect except for the lifeless green eyes that were staring back at her through the full-length mirror. She plopped down on the edge of her bed and scrounged up her face in an irritated fashion. She wished she had the power to fast-forward through the day or even through to graduation. She just didn’t know how she would react once she got to the party and actually saw Spike with Dru.



When the doorbell rang, she didn’t move a limb. She remained perfectly still as she listened to her mom shouting –“I’ll get it!” Angel wasn’t the last person she wanted to see, but she was still not looking forward to spending the entire evening with him either.



A few seconds later, Buffy finally summoned up her will and stood up to face the music. She didn’t hurry marching down the stairs. She took her time. She was already midway when she heard the familiar deep voice talking to her mom. Realizing whom it belonged to made her face glow almost instantly. That glow was apparent on her face when she turned and saw Spike.



Buffy tried to even out her breathing as a mixture of feelings began to overwhelm her. What is he doing here? And why did he have to look the way he does when she had been trying very hard to keep her feelings platonic?



He looked so damn irresistible with the tux he was wearing…like somebody who had just stepped out of a GQ magazine. Even the light blue dress shirt he wore inside his suit brought out the color of his eyes. He was the handsomest man she’d ever seen in her whole life and she couldn’t believe that he was the same guy she’d been hanging out with these past four years. How could she have not seen before that she had the hottest man in Sunnydale for a best friend?


He was still busy talking to her mom, so he didn’t feel her presence until she was almost at the bottom of the stairs. When he turned to her direction, the look of awe that he bestowed upon her was so tender that it made her blush and she felt instantly weak in the knees.


*********

Spike tried to appear calm as Joyce opened the door for him. He didn’t like the possibility of running into Buffy and Angel yet. He was about to head out of his house to meet with Dru when his mom asked him to drop some stuff off at Buffy’s.



“Wow William, you look so dashing in your suit!”




“Thanks Mrs. Summers,” he said as his eyes briefly scanned the area for any sign of Buffy. “My mom asked me to give this to you.”



“Thanks. You and your parents are lifesavers.”



“How come you’re not dressed for the party, Ms. Summers? Aren’t you coming with Buffy?”


“No, I have an early flight tomorrow morning and plus, I don’t think my daughter will appreciate me looking after her so closely when she’s out on a date with Angel,” Joyce said as she tried to gauge Spike’s reaction.



‘No, I don’t think she would. She…” The rest of his sentence trailed when he sensed someone moving out of the corner of his eyes. He knew who it was even before he looked. The mere thought of having to see her again had his pulse racing and his heart pounding like crazy. What the hell? He had not set his eyes on her yet and he was already responding to her like a bloody git. He swallowed hard and willed himself to look unaffected when he finally turned and looked her way.



The moment his eyes landed on her, he found himself falling even deeper, so much so that he could barely think straight. His attempt for nonchalance failed miserably as the look of admiration swept across his face before he could stop it. By the time she reached the bottom the stairs, his eyes were already glazed.



Drawing a deep breath, he forced himself to keep calm. He already knew she was beautiful but damn! He’d never seen her THIS beautiful and hot before! Slowly, he titled his head.



Damn he looked so…!“What are you doing here?” Buffy tried to speak in an unfriendly manner. She hoped that he didn’t detect the lack of breath in her voice.



“I was…” Spike looked at Joyce as if he was trying to recall what he was doing there in the first place. Damn it, answer the lady’s question, Spike.



Joyce stifled her laughter as she lifted up the small package that he had brought earlier.



“I just dropped off the batteries that your mom requested.”



“Batteries? What do you need the batteries for?” Buffy asked her mom.



Joyce smiled whimsically, “Oh I called Jenny and asked if they have some extra batteries for our camera.”



“ But I thought you said you went to the store yesterday and …”



Joyce interrupted. “Oh well, since Spike’s here. Why don’t I take a picture while you wait for Angel, honey?”



“This isn’t the prom, mom,” Buffy said, but Joyce was already positioning Buffy to stand beside Spike.



Ignoring Buffy’s comment, Joyce chirped happily. “Oh you two look so adorable! Your clothes even match! What a coincidence, huh?”




Buffy looked suspiciously at her mom. She was the one who helped her pick out the outfit from the boutique. She wondered if she had spoken to Jenny without her knowledge. “William, dear can you more closer to Buffy a bit…good. And Buffy….that’s awesome.”



The camera flashed several times.




Spike and Buffy stood awkwardly by the staircase. They look so cute! Joyce giggled inwardly when she noticed that the two kept stealing glances at one another whenever they thought the other wasn’t looking.




Joyce took one shot of them smiling and two more that were candid. They are definitely gonna thank me for this later.



Spike took the position behind her. He could’ve sworn he felt her shiver when he placed his hands on both of her arms. “How’s this, Ms. Summers?”



“Perfect!”



Buffy’s skin felt so soft under his hands. Her close proximity was driving him nuts. As the familiar scent of vanilla continued to tease him to no end, his sense of sight wasn’t doing any better for it was being treated with a very good view of the smooth expanse of her back. The attraction was so strong he can’t begin to imagine what he would do if he and Buffy were left alone inside a room.




Buffy herself was very much aware of him. His breath on her ears was having such a strong effect on her that she swore her heart would leap out of her chest if she didn’t move away from him soon. So when she heard another doorbell, she jumped and moved quickly to answer the door. She had to get away from Spike fast. She didn’t really fancy the idea of grabbing his butt in front of her mom. “That must be Angel. I’ll get it.”




Angel was holding a bouquet of flowers when Buffy found him standing on the other side of the door. “Hi Buffy. This is for you.”




“T-thanks…They’re lovely.” Buffy feigned a smile as she took the flowers from him. She stole a quick glance at Spike and found him leaning on the wall with a cocked brow.



Angel followed Buffy’s glance. “Hello Mrs. Summers…Spike.”



Spike smirked. “Peaches.”



Angel looked back at Buffy. He didn’t say a word but his look was filled with questions as to what Spike was doing there.



“Spike is our neighbor and he just dropped off some stuff…” Why do I need to explain these things to him? “We should get going. I sort of promised my mom I’ll be home before 3 am.”



“Of course.” Angel looked at Joyce. “I’ll make sure she gets here before that time.”



“Good,” Joyce told them as the two headed for Angel’s car. She’d been starting to feel guilty for not being around her daughter lately. She knew she should have postponed her flight till the next day but she couldn’t since her boss promised that it would be her last assignment out of state.



Spike noticed the hint of worry in the older Summers’ voice. If she only knew what the poofter tried to make Buffy do the first time, she wouldn’t be letting Buffy go out with him in the first place.



“William, I have to be at the airport before 4 am tomorrow. Could you make sure that she gets home safely?”


“Sure Mrs. Summers. I’ll keep an eye out for her.”


***************

The size of the Chase mansion was big enough to drive out a big curse out of Anya’s mouth. “Holy fuck! No wonder Cordelia feels like she’s the center of the earth. It didn’t really cross my mind that maybe she was. If I had a house this big, I would probably have a hard time keeping my two feet on the ground, that’s for sure.”





The four of them got out of the car that Xander borrowed from his Uncle Rory and handed the key to the valet. They couldn’t help but admire the alluring ambience the place permitted as expensive cars kept lining in front of the mansion.



“Anh will you keep it down.” Xander hushed. “The people coming in are all very distinguished looking. I kinda want to blend in.”



“Are you saying that I don’t sound and look distinguished enough?” Anya retorted.



Oh no, here we go again. “No that’s not what I’m saying.”



“Really, coz from my end, it seems that you’re pretty embarrassed to be seen around me.”



“Will you two quit it?! “ Willow stood in between them. “We haven’t even entered the mansion and already the two of you are it again.”



“Tell that to Mr. I-Wanna-Mingle-With-Donald-Trump. I was just making an honest remark and he’s couldn’t stop making rude comments about me.” Anya explained.



“Hey look, it’s Buffy.” Oz motioned towards the entrance.



“And Angel.” Xander added, his eyes looking at the couple skeptically as they started to walk towards them. “I don’t trust that guy for a single second…” he muttered under his breath.



“Me neither.” Oz agreed.



“Hi everyone!” Buffy greeted. “ Love your dress, Willow! ”


Willow twirled, showing off her black, partially beaded gown. “Thanks. I love yours too.”


“And you two look so very distinguished in your tuxes.” Buffy told Xander and Oz.


“She called me distinguished.” Xander’s goofy grin was met by Anya’s large scowl.


“It’s pretty much going to be the same attire that I’ll be wearing at the prom.” Oz stated.


“Me too,” Xander replied. “If nobody rents it first.”


“How about me? I didn’t actually just buy my gown at a thrift store,” Anya said, raising her hand.


“You look good too, Anya,” Angel surprisingly said.


The rest of them were actually waiting for the mockery that usually came with Angel’s comments. Strangely, it never came.


Angel began to feel uncomfortable under their scrutinizing collective gaze. “What are you guys waiting out here for?” Angel said good-naturedly. “You know Queen C doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”


***************

Cordelia was standing in the middle of a very large receiving area to greet incoming guests as they entered the mansion.


“Hi guys! Thank you for coming,” Cordy greeted while her amicable warm welcome was met by sets of suspicious brows. “What?”


Buffy looked at the others and shrugged. “Nothing.” The evening was turning out to be pretty weird. Angel was behaving really well and Cordy was being nice to them for once. What bizarre world is this? They must’ve stepped into another dimension and didn’t notice it. “We’re just glad to be here. Your dress is lovely.”


Cordelia smiled. “Thanks.”


“Hi Cordy.” Angel greeted.


“Hello Angel! Nice tux.”


“And you look beautiful.” Angel replied back.



I wonder what’s up with these two? Buffy lifted her brow in curiosity as she noticed the blush that slowly spread on Cordy’s cheeks. Angel seemed to be looking at her appreciatively. She wondered if the two were even aware of the amount of chemistry that was emitting between them.



“The ballroom is at your right and oh, you’ll like the table where I seated you,” Cordy told them.


“Is it near the bar?” Xander asked.


“No, but it’s near the orchestra.”


Willow’s mouth fell open. “You hired an orchestra?”


“No, my dad hired an orchestra. If you ask me, I would have preferred a regular band but it’s his party.” Cordy turned to Xander. “I don’t see the point of placing you near the bar when the only drinks that you’re allowed to order are water and soda… oh yeah, and some juice that isn’t spiked.”


“Right. She does have a point.” Buffy told them before they disappeared into the ballroom.



“Wow!” They found themselves saying as they reached their destination. They all seemed to hold that same captivated look, including Angel who had seen the place before.



“Who knew that Cordy lives in a mansion almost similar to Captain Von Trapp’s?” Xander said in complete awe.



The word “huge” couldn’t even begin to describe it. The room was large enough for 150 people. Fourteen tables were arranged on either side of the room, and the aisle between the tables was big enough to be used both as a dance floor and a stage for a mini-orchestra. The massive and magnificent chandeliers that hung from the ceiling brought out the beauty and elegance throughout the entire room. The place looked magical.



The young teens made their way to their table and were silently grateful for Cordelia when they realized that they were conveniently seated at one table. Buffy discreetly glanced at the remaining two empty seats beside her and secretly hoped that Spike and Dru were not going to sit with them.



“Buffy, would you like to dance?”



Buffy looked at Angel and to the people who were already dancing on the floor. Most of them were probably the same age as her mom. Buffy thought that Joyce would’ve enjoyed the ambience. “Sure.”



She let him lead her to the center of the ballroom. One of his arms held the side of her waist while the other held her hand firmly. “Familiar with the waltz?”



“Yeah.” Angel replied as they started to sway to the sound of “Serenade to Spring” by Rolf Lovland. “Believe it or not, my mom taught me how to do the waltz when I was 8 years old. It’s much easier than the tango. How about you? Where did you learn these steps?”



“I didn’t,” Buffy chuckled. “Honestly, I was just trying to do what you do. I’m not really a good dancer when it comes to the classics.”




She couldn’t imagine Angel dancing to the oldies. Guess there was a new side of him she hadn’t seen yet. A side that he tended to hide in order to maintain his bad boy image. Kinda like Spike. She sighed.



It would be much easier for her if Spike and Dru had changed their minds and not come to the party at all. But then that would mean that something else entirely had detained them. Just the mere thought of what that “something” might be made Buffy feel sick. But then again, if Spike and Dru turned up later, Buffy still wouldn’t feel comforted because it wouldn’t guarantee that they wouldn’t get intimate after the party. Knowing Spike, he probably wouldn’t let the night end without taking Dru to his place and…



Okay, my head is hurting now. Better stop thinking about Spike and focus on my date. Didn’t she used to love Angel? She used to think that he was her one and only soul mate, and now that she was finally in his arms, all she wanted to do was go somewhere private where she could be alone. No Angel. Most importantly, no Spike and no Dru.



“Are you okay?” he asked.


“Huh?”


“You’re brooding. Did I say something wrong?”



“No. I’m not brooding. I’m just…”



Angel raised a curious brow as he saw a sudden change on her face. Gone was the glum expression and instead a look of longing was now painted over Buffy’s features. He immediately followed her stare and wasn’t really surprised when he found Spike and Dru stepping into the ballroom



TBC


A/N: I’m glad you liked my last chapter. Your reviews are all wonderful and inspiring!
My latest chap was nothing much but it sort of showed you an idea of what’s to come. Hope you still enjoyed it. Again don’t forget to leave a review! This story was after all meant to please all Spuffy fans out there so it is really quite a big deal for me to know how you felt after reading it. Big thanks and big hugs to everyone!

Once again, thanks to Natalie for proof reading this for me!
Inevitable (part one) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
It was like a nightmare unfolding right before her very eyes. She was watching the love of her life enter the scene with a clingy lunatic partner named Drusilla hanging over his arm. And no… they didn’t go to their table like Buffy had expected them to. Instead, they had to add further insult to injury by joining her and Angel on the dance floor.


“So what’s up with you and Captain Peroxide, Buffy?”


“What do you mean?” She replied nonchalantly. Her attention was completely elsewhere.


“You know what I mean.”


Damn! They even move so well together… when did Spike have the time to learn the waltz? Dru whispered something into his ear and this resulted in an amused grin from the bleached blonde. Her face cringed at the thought of Drusilla’s whispered promises of how their night was going to end. This is not happening.


“Buffy?”


“Huh?”



“I was asking if you had reservations with coming with me tonight?”


“Reservations…” She echoed distantly.


Buffy was seething with anger. It took all her willpower not to approach Dru and pry her claws away from her Spike. The girl has no right to be anywhere near him. She had no right to…Oh God, he’s looking at me.


When their eyes made contact across the room, she didn’t look away. She could’ve sworn she saw him swallow hard right before he averted his gaze and turned back his attention to Dru. In the few seconds when her eyes met his, Buffy thought she saw something flicker in his eyes. Was it jealously? No, it couldn’t be. Buffy quickly erased the possibility in her head for she knew that must have been wishful thinking on her part that made her imagine it.


“Now where did you get that silly notion from? I wanted to come here with you.” Buffy held back the sigh of relief as the orchestral number was finally done. “You know what? I’ll go see what I can get from the bar.”


“No, how about you let me do that for you.” Angel suggested.


“It’s okay. I’ll bring over to our table,” she said. “Want me to get you anything?”


“A coke would be nice.”


Buffy nodded before she disappeared behind a pool of guests.

*********

Cordy was sitting on one of stools when Buffy reached the bar.


“All right, spill.”


“Spill what?” Buffy asked, not sure what she was talking about.


“Tell me, what are you doing with Angel?”


Buffy threw her a look of utter disbelief. “He’s my date.”



Cordy rolled up her eyes and sighed in exasperation. “Well duh, I know he’s your date. What I’m asking is why is HE is your date and not Spike?”



Buffy opened her mouth to speak but then closed it again.


“I mean Angel is quite a looker but I could bet my entire collection of Jimmy Choo shoes that you’d rather be spending your evening with your very handsome best friend.”



“Was I really that obvious?”



“Ya-huh! So why aren’t you with him?”



“I think the person to whom you should be asking this question is Spike and not me. He’s obviously interested in someone else.”




“Buffy…Buffy…Buffy.” Cordy shook her head. “Just because a guy went out with the girl it doesn’t mean that he’s really into her.”



“But isn’t that the point of asking the girl out?!” Buffy countered. “I mean what kind of guy would ask someone else to be his date if he’s interested in an entirely different girl?”



“The kind of guy that is helplessly in love with his best friend but can’t make a move since she’s been in complete denial for so long. Are you catching on now?” Cordy explained in as-a-matter-factly kind of way. “And besides, shouldn’t I be asking you the same thing?”



Buffy’s eyes widened. “Spike is not in love with me.”



“No?” Cordy asked with an amused grin. “Then why does he keep making moon eyes at you right now even if he’s busy dancing with Dru?”



Buffy turned and thought she caught Spike staring but then his attention was quickly turned elsewhere. She could’ve just easily imagined it like she always does. So this time, she waited for a few seconds to see if…Oh dear, her mind mused as she caught Spike looking at her again. Her heart did a slight somersault when she recognized that same look he would usually give her when they were about to kiss.



Buffy looked back at Cordy who had a satisfied grin on her face. “I was right, wasn’t I?”



“No, you’re obviously mistaken. He’s probably checking…the bar out.” She explained then added lamely. “Maybe he’s thirsty.”



“God! What could I do to knock some sense into you? Spike is very much in love with you as you are with him!” Cordy said furiously. “Ugh! What I would give to have somebody look at me the way he was looking at you.”


Then something clicked. Realization dawned on her face as she looked sharply back Cordelia.



“What?”


A smile formed on Buffy’s lips when she spotted Angel’s approach.

************

Moments later,


“Spike, the powder room on the ground floor is full. Would you mind helping me find the guest bathroom upstairs?”


“But Dru, I don’t want to go upstairs. Can’t you just find someone else to take you there?”
Spike looked at the gang and they all had their faces intentionally averted. It indicated how reluctant they were about helping him out of this one.


“I already went looking for Cordy but I couldn’t find her. Can you come with me? I don’t want get lost.”


Spike looked at the empty seats that Buffy and Angel were supposed to be seated and then sighed. I wonder where they went? Dinner had already been served and Spike was beginning to be concerned about Buffy’s whereabouts. And it had nothing to do with the fact that her food was getting cold. “Well all right. But you have to make it quick. We just ate and I need my usual fag.” And then I need to find her.



As soon they reached the hall that lead to the bathrooms, Dru dragged Spike to a corner and started running her hands all over him.


“Dru what are you doing?” Spike said as he stilled her hands with his.


“What does it look I’m doing my dear prince. I’m helping you.” Drusilla purred at him.


“What is it exactly that you’re helping me with?”


“I’m helping you forget about Sunshine.”


“Sunshine? Who the bloody hell is…?”


Dru silenced his mouth by attacking his lips.


***************

Buffy was quite satisfied with her newly found ability in matchmaking. It took a lot of prodding on her part, but finally, Angel relented and accepted the fact that Buffy was no longer interested in him. He didn’t actually mention Spike as being the reason for her change of heart but somehow Buffy was aware that Angel knew more than he let on.


He admitted that part of his reasons for wanting to get back together with her was his regret of having to let go of someone as kind-hearted and as innocent as her. The more time he spent with his ex-girlfriend, Darla, the more he realized just how lucky he’d been to have had Buffy at some point. Indeed, she was one of those girls one could easily fall in love with. She was special. Someone who was truly beautiful inside and out.



When Buffy asked if he was interested in hooking up with Cordelia, he didn’t say yes and yet he didn’t exactly protest either. And Cordelia couldn’t have been happier when Angel finally asked her to dance.


Her face lightened up as she began to look for Spike. Cordy was very persistent that Spike was interested in her. The more that she thought about it, the more that she started to think that maybe Cordy was right! But the best way to find out its authenticity was to ask him about it herself. She felt it was about time they both lay their cards out on the table.



Buffy was on the second floor of Cordy’s mansion when she heard people talking near the darker corner of the hallway. She wasn’t usually someone who snooped, but there was something about the loony giggle that gave her that awful dreadful feeling within the pit of her stomach.



As soon as she saw THEM clearly with her own eyes as their lips fused together, she immediately turned and ran away.

***************

Spike was shocked at Dru’s action but pushed her away from him, “Dru, stop it.”



“But I’m doing you a favor my darling. Sunshine doesn’t suit you. You belong in the shadows with me.”



Spike shook his head in exasperation. He couldn’t understand a word she was saying.
Buffy was right. Dru was indeed one crazy bint.




“Dru…” he sighed. “It’s just not working out.”



“Oh.” Dru looked at him with sad eyes.


“ I’m sorry…I used you.”



“I understand, Spike. You need to be somewhere else. I knew from the moment I saw you that your mind and heart were all covered with her and still, I tried to intervene.”



Spike stiffened. “How did you-?”



Dru let go of him. “Go, Spike. Don’t worry about me. I’m sure I can find someone else to take me home.”



“Are you sure?”




Dru nodded. “Do what you have to do and do it soon before it’s too late.”



Spike didn’t have time to analyze what Dru was talking about, all he knew was that he needed to find Buffy and make sure that she was all right. He didn’t trust Angel one bit. An irksome feeling started to overcome him as he began to suspect that the reason that he couldn’t find Buffy and Angel anywhere was because they were probably somewhere private where they could…


He was already about to march down the spiral staircase when he spotted Angel on the dance floor. Spike’s blood began to boil with rage when he spotted the slim arms that pulled him in for a kiss. But as his dance partner came fully into his view, his forehead furrowed in confusion.



******************

Buffy dragged her feet back to her table and had purposely avoided her friend’s questioning gaze. I have to be strong. It was what she kept telling herself as she tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to spill any moment. She didn’t like being the center of attention for any reason.


Sighing deeply, she looked down at her plate and found that she had totally lost her appetite. She could not believe that she had just walked in on Spike and Dru making out in the hallway. He knew that she was around and didn’t even consider the possibility that he might hurt her.



“Oh there you are, Buffy! Where were you?” Willow asked.



“I…uh just got down from the bathroom upstairs,” she answered, her head bent down. She didn’t want them to see how close she was from breaking down.


“You know Spike was looking all over for you.” Xander told her.



Buffy suddenly stiffened. Her voice was cold when she asked. “He was looking for me?” Right. Like he could find me while he’s shoving his tongue down Drusilla’s throat.



“Yeah.” Willow replied.


“He seemed really worried about you.” Oz added.



Silence.



“Are you okay, sweetie?” The redhead asked, her face filled with so much concern.



“Xander, why don’t you ask Buffy to dance with you,” Anya suggested.



Buffy’s head shot up and protested. “No, that’s not necessary.”



But Xander was already standing up. “Come on, Buffster. Good thing they’ve ended the waltz a while ago. I’m known to shimmy well to the sound of Burt Bacarach.”



“Who?” Anya asked.


“Anh, I was just trying to …”


“Okay, okay! I’ll dance with Xander,” Buffy stood up and took Xander’s outstretched hand. “I’ll do anything to stop the two of you from making a scene.”



Xander threw Anya an accusing look that said: Now you made her even more upset.



Anya shook her head in an irritated fashion and mouthed: It’s all your fault.



Around this time, the conductor had called Cordy’s dad on the dancefloor and asked if he could sing a number for them. This had already been pre-arranged of course but Richard Wilkins Chase still tried to pretend to be hesitant as he made his way to the orcherstra’s stage. The crowd began to cheer for him.



“I would like to thank everyone for coming. As all of you know, this has been an ongoing tradition for the Chase family to throw our friends and families a special party….”



“He’s not gonna make with a long speech, is he?” Buffy whispered to Xander, recalling the symposium she’d attended in school where he was the speaker.



“Gee I hope not, coz’ it’s just a few minutes left before midnight. I kinda like the idea of welcoming the New Year without a lecture about eclipses and stuff.”



“I’m dedicating this song to my lovely wife, Edna. It’s a song by one of our favorite singers of all time, Sir Paul Mcartney and it’s called ‘This Never Happened Before.’”



As soon as the crowd’s applause died down, the orchestra began to play the intro to the song.
Xander and Buffy were among the few people who joined the couples on the dance floor.



Buffy placed her head on Xander’s shoulder. She tried everything she could to erase unwanted images of Spike from her head, but it was no use. Her heart was shattering into a million pieces and she couldn’t do anything to stop it. She held back her tears for she didn’t want Xander to ask the reason behind it. She didn’t want any of her friends to realize what a fool she was for falling helplessly in love with her best friend.


I'm very sure
This never happened to me before
I met you and now I'm sure
This never happened before




They were only mere seconds into song when she felt Xander stop. She looked up alarmingly at him “Why are you stopping? What’s wrong?”



With her heart pounding so loudly in her ears, Buffy turned to see who her dance partner was staring at…and practically had the floor drop out from under her. His blue eyes seemed to have held hers forever before he finally turned to Xander. “Do you mind if I cut in?”




TBC



So sorry for the late update. Brownies anyone? Erm…I hope to make it up with the next chappy, I promise :-) Once again thanks for all your support and kind words! I know that this is one of those cliffhangers that you guys usually hate me for but this was originally a very long chapter and I have to cut it in two. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think of it. Thanks again!

Once again thanks to Natalie for beta-ing this chap for me! Thanks for helping me a lot with this story.
Inevitable (part two) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
N/A
A/N: The song that I used for the dance was titled “ This never happened before” by Paul Mcartney which is a soundtrack from the movie “The Lakehouse”. If you’re not familiar with the song, you may want to view a Spuffy vid by Laradevon who happens to be one of my favorite Spuffy vidders in youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8KlyGQBNII



**********************

SPIKE’s POV


“No, I don’t mind at all,” Xander spoke with a knowing grin, ignoring the look of protest on the petite blonde’s face. “I was wondering when you were gonna show up.”


Now I see
This is the way it's supposed to be
I met you and now I see
This is the way it should be




Finally, when they were left alone, Spike took one of her hands in his while the other went around her waist as they started to sway to the song. He felt the sharp intake of her breath just as he took one of her hands and kissed it. It was only then that he noticed that Buffy body’s was slightly shaking. Spike slowly lifted up her chin, titling his head as he looked closely into her eyes. “What’s the matter, pet?”



This is the way it should be for lovers
They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when you're on your own




Spike felt a pang of ache in his chest when he caught the sight of a tear falling down her cheeks. She looked down and said nothing. Then it dawned on him that the reason behind her state was probably because she found out about Angel and Cordy. It’s the only plausible explanation he could think of at the moment. Bloody Hell, she’s probably hurting. That good-for-nothing Angel did it to her again and broke her heart for the second time. His arms tightened all around her.



“It’s all right, luv.” He said soothingly into her ear. “I’m here.”



So come to me
Now we can be what we want to be
I love you and now I see
This is the way it should be
This is the way it should be





Buffy’s head tilted upwards to look at him, her voice was faint when she asked, “Are you?”


Closing his eyes, Spike leaned his forehead onto hers and swallowed hard. “I’ll always be.”


With her soft skin within his reach and her scent completely surrounding him, Spike had made his decision not to fight it anymore. He needed her so much and it was time that he let her know. So when he heard her frustrated sigh, he let his instinct take over. He dipped his head and finally captured her lips with his.



This is the way it should be for lovers
They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when you're on your own

I'm very sure
This never happened to me before
I met you and now I'm sure
This never happened before
This never happened before
This never happened before…




*************
Buffy’s POV


She felt his tongue caress hers demandingly. She moaned and responded to the kiss with equal intensity. She was so lost in him that she had consequently forgotten where she was and why she was crying in the first place. But as the song ended, so did the spell that she’d been held under. Oh God! I’m doing it again! I have to stop. If he thinks he could be with other girls and toy with her heart whenever he feels like it, he has another thing coming.


As the crowd began their countdown to the New Year, Buffy abruptly withdrew from their kiss and pushed him away. “I can’t do this.”


Spike looked at her guiltily. “I’m sorry. I didn’t…”


“I’m leaving,” she said as she walked to her table and grabbed her purse.


She said her goodbye to her friends and was ready to head out through the exit when Spike blocked her way. “Are you going home alone?”


“Well Angel is…” Buffy heaved a big sigh. “He’s with Cordy now.”


“I see.”


Buffy resumed walking her way out of the mansion.


“Wait, let me come with you.”


“No. You don’t need to…what about Dru?”


“What about Dru? I’m not letting you go home by yourself. I made a promise to your mom to…”



“You know what, I can take care of myself!” Buffy was getting tired of her mom’s meddlesome work. First, Spike took her to the fair because her mom suggested it and now, Spike had to take her home because of what her mom made him promise to do. “I don’t need you or my mom to interfere with my life!”




“No, that’s not gonna work.” Spike told her stubbornly. “I will go with you and I’m taking you home and that’s that.”



Buffy was taken aback with this new take-charge-kind of Spike. “So you’re just gonna leave Dru to go home by herself. What, did she somehow not measure up to your girlfriend of the day standards that you just decided to leave her without saying goodbye?”



Spike frowned. “What the bloody hell are you talking about? Not that it’s any of your concern, but Dru and I have reached a certain understanding. She…”



Was he mad? She didn’t want to hear anything about their so-called understanding. Why was he telling this to her? “I’m still not going home with you, Spike, and there’s no way that you’re gonna make me change my mind,” she interrupted.



“Buffy, how are you gonna get home when you don’t have a car?” he asked, crossing his arms on his chest.


“Easy. I’m gonna take out my cellphone and call a cab,” she answered defiantly.


“Will you quit being stubborn and hear me out? Cordy’s mansion is out in the middle of nowhere. The cab could take forever to find this place.”



Damn it! He’s right! No worries, I’ll just get rid of him once we’re there. That shouldn’t be so hard since they live next door to each other. Sighing, she threw Spike an annoyed look and then spoke, “All right. So where’s your car?”


******************

Buffy had her head turned to look through the window throughout most of their drive. She was fuming inside and hated every minute she spend so close to him. She loathed him now with every fiber of her being, but each time she stole a glance through the reflection of the car window, her heart would flutter and her body ached to touch him.


“Talk to me, Buffy. I want to know if you’re okay.”


“What do you care?” she grumbled, turning to him.


“Of course I care, luv, I l…” Spike swallowed hard as he quickly caught himself before he went too far in revealing what he truly felt. “You’re important to me.”



He tried to reach out for her hand but she flinched away.



“I hate you.” Buffy told him furiously before she returned to her task of staring at nowhere through the window.



Spike tried to brush away the hurt she’d inflicted with her words. He knew she was just hurting and was probably angry with the world. As always, it made him want to comfort her and try to make all the pain go away. “Buffy…”



“I don’t need your help…not anymore.”


“Luv, just because the poofter acted like a jerk more than a few times it doesn’t mean that…”


“Don’t you dare drag Angel into this.” Buffy retorted. “He didn’t do anything wrong…”



Spike couldn’t believe that Buffy was still defending Angel. He clenched his teeth and tightened his hands on the wheel as they finally pulled onto Revello drive. “He never deserved to be with you in the first place.”



Buffy moved closer to him until their faces were barely an inch apart. “Who do you think deserves to be with me, Spike?” she challenged.



Spike didn’t answer, but his eyes had turned a darker shade as they quickly traveled to her lips. It was during these moments, where the chemistry between them was most powerful that Buffy wanted nothing more for him to wrap her in his arms and kiss him senseless. However, succumbing to that intense chemistry was what had gotten her into trouble in the first place, and that was last thing that she would wanted to do.



“Thought so.” Buffy told him spitefully before she got out of the car. In her haste to flee from him, she quickly fished for her keys in her purse and had them dropping on the floor. But Spike was quick to pick up the keys himself and she ended up touching his hand instead.


Buffy immediately pulled her hand away, her breathing becoming uneven as shocks of electricity shot through their bodies.



“Let me help you.”


Buffy grabbed the key from him harshly. “I can do this by myself, thank you. I’ve done this a million times since this happens to be where I live.”


Must get away before she does something she’ll regret. Damn it! Why couldn’t I get the freakin key to work! And why couldn’t he just stop making my life miserable and leave? Why can’t he just…



Oh God…He had moved so close that she could feel the heat emanating from his body behind her. She felt the spark of electricity increase ten times more as soon as her mind began to imagine delicious possibilities that could unfold once she lets him inside her house. Buffy closed her eyes in frustration as she felt him take the key from her hand once again. However, it didn’t escape her keen observation that his hand had slightly trembled when their skin touched, and this made her wonder if he too was having the same struggle within his mind.



But as soon as the door closed behind him, her suspicions were confirmed when Spike suddenly slammed her body against the door. He held both of her arms and placed them over her head as he pinned her with his lower body, making her extremely aware of what her nearness was doing to him.



“Spike…” she lightly gasped as she felt something hard poke her gown covered belly.



“Buffy…” He breathed out her name while his eyes bored into hers.




“You can’t do this. You have to stop,” she said, her tone lacking conviction.




“I can’t…” he told her desperately. His voice nearly choked when he added, “I can’ pretend anymore.”



Buffy searched his face in confusion. “What do you mean you can’t pre-”



And the rest of her words were lost as Spike silenced her as he attacked her mouth with his. Oh God…Spike’s lips…lips of Spike… Buffy tried to remain perfectly still. Her plan was to make him realize that he wasn’t affecting her by not responding but as soon as she felt his tongue lick the line between her lips, she was lost. Her arms automatically went to snake behind his head and tried to pull him closer. Her heart melted at his obvious sigh of relief when she finally parted her lips and let his tongue mingle with hers in a ravenous urgency.



His hands were exploring, touching her face, her neck and the extent of her shoulders. A strangled groan tore away from her lips as she felt him squeeze one of her breasts through her gown. “Oh!!!!!”


“Buffy…want you.” He moaned in her lips as he lifted up her body.


Buffy’s legs automatically wrapped around his waist. Her panties were already soaking wet when came in contact with his tented trousers. “Spike…I want you so badly.”


Spike never left her lips as he took her up the stairs and into her bedroom.


By now, Spike was panting so hard as he sat on the bed with Buffy still straddling him. She’d lifted up the hem of her gown so that it was now bunched up to her waist. He could feel her now wet heated center through his trousers and he wanted nothing more than to rip her clothes away and bury himself deep inside her.



Buffy seemed to have the same thing on her mind for she suddenly withdrew from their kiss and recklessly ripped his shirt open, leaving some buttons to scatter on the sheets and on the floor. Her lips returned to him but this time, she took charge by tasting every hidden cavern of his mouth while her hands played wild caresses on his chest.


Spike growled in response and quickly went to find the zipper on her back. His lips left her mouth to begin its exploration from the hollow of her neck down to the valley between her breasts. He unhooked her strapless bra and stared at her in awe.


“Buffy…you’re so beautiful,” he told her huskily before his tongue flicked one nipple, thus eliciting a loud delighted moan from the already flushed petite blonde.


“Oh God!….Ughhhhhhhhh….”



Fuck! Spike was so aroused that he felt like he was going to cum from just hearing her delicious reactions. His voice shook when he spoke, “I’ve been wanting to do this from the moment I set my eyes on you this morning.”



“Ohhhhhh!” Buffy threw her head backwards as she felt his mouth enclosed one taut nipple. He sucked it greedily while one of his hands snaked inside her underwear and rubbed her clit. “Spike!!!”


“You like that, pet?”


“Yes….” Buffy almost protested loudly when she felt him move away.



Spike lifted her swiftly so that she was the one lying on the bed. “But you know what would be better?…” He wanted to tease her. Make her beg and scream until she couldn’t take it anymore but this time, his finesse in lovemaking had left him for the first time. He could barely let out his words when he parted her legs and stared hungrily at her glistening center.



“If I…. do this… instead,” he managed to continue between pants before his head dipped down and sucked her clit.


“Oh!!!” Buffy’s body was shaking from so much want. She never felt so aroused and she felt like almost fainting. Spike inserted a finger and started to pump it within her core as his lips continued to work their magic on her.



“Come for me, luv…. I want to hear my name on your lips….” He said as he inserted another finger. “Buffy…so tight…” He felt his cock twitch in response as he imagined himself being buried within her hot, virginal, tight quim.


Buffy was so close to the edge that after just a few more pumps, she was already screaming her release. “Spike!!!!!!”



As she came down from her orgasm, Buffy immediately sat up and removed the rest of her clothing before she started to help Spike out of his clothes.



The moment his erection came into view, she felt the sudden rush of her lust come back to her full force. She looked into his eyes and the amused grin that he gave her made her face blush instantly.



Her face was still pink from her sudden coyness when she began to play with the tinge of curls. Then she looked up and watched his expression change as she…



“Oh! Bloody fuck!” Spike’s eyes rolled up as he felt her encircle him with her palm. She swiped the oozing goo from its mushroom head with her tongue and began to move her hands up and down his rigid length. “Buf…ungahhhh…..”


Just when Spike thought that this was how he was going to attain his much, awaited release, Buffy surprised him when she suddenly stopped and pulled him so that he was now finally lying on top of her on the bed.


Helpless mewls and moans elicited from their mouth as soon as their bodies touched. Buffy pulled him once again into a hungry kiss.



With his cock trapped between their bodies, Spike’s head began to spin out of control. He strived to keep his memory in check for somewhere in the deep recesses of his mind lied a promise that he had intended to keep. But the problem was, he was starting to lose his battle over his remaining sanity… dreadfully fast.



“Buffy, I can’t stop….I want you so much….I don’t think I can…. Bloody Hell!” His sudden curse was brought out by the fact that Buffy had suddenly grabbed his long aching cock and positioned it at the tip of her entrance.



And that was when Spike finally raised the white flag. His eyes were filled with so much emotion when he stared at her beautifully flushed face and started to push himself into her core. “Buffy…this is going to hurt….I’m sorry…”



Buffy bit her lip and dug her nails into his back as she felt him break through the barrier. There was no denying it. Although it was only fleeting, it did hurt.



“Are you okay, luv?”



Buffy nodded timidly, her mind still reeling from the fact that part of Spike’s body was imbedded in her. Considering the fact that she’d seen how big he really was, she was amazed at how he managed to fit into her. She never knew just how much she needed him until now.



“Glad to hear that.”



The smile of relief that Spike bestowed upon her was intoxicating. Buffy felt her heart soar to an extraordinary height as he kissed her lips tenderly. “Spike….”



Spike was in heaven. The feeling of being buried inside Buffy’s haven was more than he ever could have expected. Her body felt exquisite. So perfectly right that he wished he could stay buried within her forever.


“Buffy….”



“Oh!!!” Buffy gasped loudly as she began to feel him move inside her again.



“Bloody hell…so tight….”


Buffy instinctively raised her legs to entwine around his waist as she slowly began to meet his every thrust. “Oh Spike harder….please….”



Soon Spike was pumping harder….and faster…..The sound of their skin slapping was heard across the room as their pants mingled and the sound of their moans intensified.



Somewhere in the pit of her belly was a fire that had started to build rapidly. Buffy screwed her eyes shut as the fire finally reached its pinnacle. Her eyes widened in shock for she never ever felt anything so strong…




“Oh God, I’m cumming!!!!” Buffy screamed before her hips started to buck uncontrollably as her body soon reached its much awaited completion. “ Spike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’



“Buffy!!!!!!!!!!” Spike cried out as he felt her clamp tightly around his cock. He threw his head backwards just as he was treated to the most powerful orgasm he’d ever felt in his life.


TBC




A/N: I want to thank each and every one of my readers and reviewers who had supported this fic. I have the other last chap ready and I hope to upload it soon but it would really depend on how badly you want me to post it ASAP:-) So please don’t hesitate to let me know by your comments and reviews. I really really love reading them!

Btw, I apologize for not being able to update my other fic for so long. I have no valid excuse really, except that sometimes it gets hard for me to focus on two stories without making the other look a little plain. So I thought it best to let the other sit for a while. So now that this story is almost over, I’m gonna work on wrapping up the other one as well.

Once again thanks to my wonderful beta reader, Natalie for a job well done! I can’t thank her enough for all the help she gave in order to make my story look good.
Sorry (The conclusion) by slaymuch
Author's Notes:
NEW NOMINATION: This story has been nominated for the FL awards for best Spike Characterization. Thanks to you (whoever you are) for nominating me! Those of you who would like to vote for me can go to this link: http://community.livejournal.com/fl_awards/

Voiting will go on from June 16 to July 15, 2007
Spike had woken up several times during the night just to look at her while she slept. And each time that he did, his heart would melt instantly at the innocent sight of her. He would check constantly on the clock that lay on her night table and would frown each time the hour got a little closer to dawn. He was simply apprehensive of what tomorrow would bring, since he was not sure how Buffy would take everything that had happened that night, once she was back to her old self again.



When morning came, the first thing that he did was touch her side of the bed. Bugger, she’s gone.


Spike suddenly sat up, anxiety momentarily filling his still half-asleep senses before he spotted her sitting on the chair that overlooked the window outside. His sigh of relief was immediately cut short as soon as he recognized the faint sob that continued to rack from her body.



Bloody Hell! What have I done? Spike thought regretfully as he watched her petite form curled up on her chair. She had her knees up with her yummy sushi pajama top unintentionally riding up to reveal perfectly luscious bottoms. She was sobbing so hard, he could practically see her body trembling while she tightly held Mr. Gordo in her arms.



His heart constricted painfully at the result of his foolishness. Angel might’ve been the one who broke her heart last night, but it was him who robbed her of her innocence. He had easily broken his promise in a moment of weakness and now he wasn’t sure if he could ever forgive himself for ruining Buffy’s vision of saving herself for the man she truly loved.



Spike quickly put on his pants and with a heavy heart, he walked slowly towards her. “Buffy…”



Her face was filled with tears when she looked up at him. “You’re awake…(sniffs)”



His eyes were full of emotion as he carefully lifted her up to him. Sitting on the chair, he gently settled her on his lap and began to rock her softly. Buffy’s arms instinctively went around him as she buried her face in the crook of his neck. He swallowed hard. “Oh Buffy I’m s….”



“I’m sorry…” she told him faintly.


Spike looked at her in bewilderment. “For what sweetheart, you don’t have anything to be sorry for. I was the one who…”



“I tried not to… I truly did I swear...I know that I’m not supposed to feel this way.”



“Shhhh… you’re hurt.” Spike used his thumb to brush away the tears in her eyes. “It’s only right for you to feel the way you do, luv.”



“No you don’t understand,” she told him desperately. “You have to promise me that you’ll always be my friend no matter what.”



She’s leaving me? Spike nodded weakly.



“Promise me you won’t leave me for letting it happen.”



Spike breathed deeply as he watched her with apprehensive eyes. What could she have possibly done wrong for me to think about leaving her? “For letting what happen, Buffy?”


Buffy heaved a big sigh and buried her face once more in the crook of her neck before she spoke faintly. “For letting myself fall in love with you.”





********************


It was quite possible that he was still dreaming and he had not awakened yet. After all, it would be really hard to differentiate between hallucinations and reality when he had dreamt of this very thing happening so many times before. He closed his eyes and forced himself to breathe evenly.



“Buffy…did you just… I heard you…Oh Bloody Hell!” He stuttered.



“I did.” She whispered softly on his neck. Oh no…now he’s upset with me. “And before you get totally mad or creeped out, I just want you to know that I’m not expecting anything from you...”


“Buffy, I’m not...”



“I know that you probably think that I’m such a fool for letting myself feel this way but…”



“Buffy, luv. Look at me.” Spike interrupted her babbling and lifted her chin up to face him.



The truth was, Buffy didn’t want to see his reaction, especially when she knew that Spike wasn’t the type of guy who believed in true love and soul mates in the first place. But as she did face him, she was shocked to see …his eyes welling up with tears. She’d never seen Spike look at her this way before. So open and vulnerable.



“I love you too, Buffy.” He said with a half smile that nearly melted all her worries away.



Buffy’s breath hitched in her throat. “You what?”




“I love you.” He rested his forehead on her head and closed his eyes. It felt so wonderful that he was able to finally tell her what he truly felt.




Buffy wanted so much to believe him but what if he was doing it out pity? What if he’s…“Spike, don’t say that you love me just because…”




Spike silenced her with a hunger-filled kiss that had left her breathless and begging for more. “I do, luv. I just didn’t have the courage to admit it to you.”




Buffy stared up at him, thankful that she wasn’t standing up for she didn’t know how her knees could support her from the incredible amount of emotion that welled up inside her. “You…love me?”



“You have no idea what it felt for me before to have to watch you with Angel.” He said, running his fingers through the soft strands of her hair. “You broke my heart a lot of times.”



“I’m sorry.”



“Don’t be. I always knew that you were gonna realize that you belong to me and not with the poofter.” Spike looked at her thoughtfully. “Care to explain to me what happened between you and Angel?”



“You were right. Angel and I…we’re just not right for each other.” Buffy smiled lightly, recalling what Cordy had told her. “He’s better off with Queen C.”



“And you’re okay with it?”



“Well I should be since I’m the one that brought those two together.” she said, giving Mr. Gordo a light kiss before placing him by the window.



Spike chuckled softly, “And here I thought that was the reason why you were...” Spike cocked an eyebrow. “If you weren’t distraught over Angel, then why were you looking like it was the end of world when we were on the dance floor?”



“I saw you and Dru..in the hallway…” her voice trailed as her mind replayed a very brief flashback of Spike and Dru kissing in the shadows.



“Oh.”


“Yeah.” Buffy told him spitefully, her lower lip jutting out. “Now you see why it’s difficult for me to believe that you feel that way about me when you…what are you-? You’re grinning…I don’t see anything funny with this Mr. I-Wanna-Shag-Every-Woman-In-Sunnydale…You can not just kiss a girl and tell your best friend that you’re in love with her…Spike if you don’t wipe off that annoying smirk on your face I’m gonna…”



“Oh Buffy,” he interrupted, his grin becoming even more evident. “I’m sorry it’s just that I adore seeing you this jealous over me and Dru. And damn, that luscious pout of yours is just making me crazy!”


“Spike!” she warned.



“Luv, I’m guessing you missed the part where I pushed Dru away and told her to sod off. You should know by now that she’s not the girl I’m hopelessly in love with.”



Buffy blushed deeply. “Then why did you ask her out in the first place?”



“Isn’t obvious?” He said, cocking an eyebrow.



“You were trying to make me jealous?” It was more like a statement than a question.



“Did it work?”



Buffy eyes instantly darkened as she answered him by pulling him in for a long deep kiss. “Does that answer your question?”



Spike grinned mischievously, “I dunno. I think you’d better do that again just to make sure you get your point across,” Spike said before Buffy kissed him again. And this time she straddled him on his lap.


“You do realize that this thing between us probably won’t work.”



Spike withdrew from her, frowning. “Why the bloody hell not?”



Buffy leaned again. “Because (kiss) I know you too well, (nibbles his bottom lip) William.”


“Splainy?” His hand stilled her movements. He too knew her well enough to know that she was being more bloody serious than she let on.



“You’re afraid of commitment.” She told him lightly.



Spike let out a smile that was enough to melt her insides. “Well we’ll just have to find out won’t we?”



“And what does that mean exactly?”



Spike rolled up his eyes in ecstasy as Buffy started to grind herself into his already hardening cock. “Well it means that you’re probably going to be stuck with me…” Forever. “… For a while. Still got so many lessons to teach you, luv.”



“Ooooh…I wonder if there are any lesson of yours that you could teach…” Buffy stood up, ignoring his groans of protest. “….while we’re in the shower.”



Buffy suddenly lifted up her top and winked before she walked away to the bathroom.




“Minx.” Spike muttered happily as he swiftly removed his pants and almost stumbled over himself on his way to follow her.



The End


A/N: I just want to let you all know how much I enjoyed writing this story. As most of you all know, this story was originally meant to be a short one, a PWP that was written to last at least five chapters long but the response I got had been so overwhelming that I got inspired to expand it further and see where it will take me. Having said this, let me also point out that I’m aware of some questions that are still left unanswered like the fact that they didn’t use any protection when they finally did the deed, there's also the prom and I think it would be interesting to know how will Joyce react once she finds out that they are finally together.

Now, I’m not much into baby fics so I’m not sure that there’s gonna be a pregnant Buffy in the future, but I 've purposely left these story lines open just in case I decide to write a sequel say…five months from now. I’m taking a break from writing after I finish-up with my other fic. I’m gonna miss you all! You’ve all been so wonderful! {hugs you!}


Special thanks to Natalie for working on this story with me! She’s absolutely one of the best betas out there! Thank you sweetie and I’m looking forward to work with you again in the near future.


NEW NOMINATION: This story has been nominated for the FL awards for best Spike Characterization. Thank you (whoever you are) for nominating me! Those of you who would like to vote for me can go to this link: http://community.livejournal.com/fl_awards/

Voiting will go on from June 16 to July 15, 2007