This Year's Girl by u2fan2005
Summary: Meeting your future in-laws is always hard…but William never expected this. When his new fiancée, Buffy, introduces him to her family he sees a completely different world. After spending a week under the same roof with a group of characters Buffy’s afraid of what William will think of her.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 9914 Read: 5790 Published: 01/04/2007 Updated: 01/26/2007

1. Keeping a Resolution by u2fan2005

2. His New Year’s Baby by u2fan2005

3. The Smell of Fear by u2fan2005

4. Little Sister Where art Thou? by u2fan2005

5. You’ve Been Warned by u2fan2005

Keeping a Resolution by u2fan2005
Chapter One: Keeping a Resolution





Buffy was in the state of pure happiness—she couldn’t ask for a better way to celebration the New Year. She stood sipping her champagne dressed in a beautiful new red dress that she had gotten just for the occasion and surveying her friend’s party all around her. Deciding to come back from her winter break early to her little college town to see her friends was the best decision…especially since she was accompanied by her ravishing boyfriend, William.

At the moment William was lost in the party crowd of the roomy apartment leaving her with a few friends. When she eyed the clock she noted it was ten minutes till midnight.

‘He’s still got time...’ Buffy thought to herself, ‘There was no way he’d leave me with no kiss when the ball dropped.’

“So what’s your New Year’s resolution Summers?” one of Buffy’s friends drew her attention away from her task of searching through the tops of heads, looking for a certain bleached blonde.

When she turned to her friend Riley she merely shrugged, “I really don’t have one.” She said and took another sip from her glass.

“Just say what every girl says…’I want to lose weight.’” Another guy laughed as he mocked a girl’s voice.

“You saying I’m fat?” Buffy gave the boy a teasing accusing look.

“Uh…no…” his laughter faded and was left nothing left to say.

“I don’t do the whole ‘goal of the year’ thing…I’d rather have goals for life and stick with those…” Buffy explained to the two fellows.

“Thank you Miss America…” Riley announced with a laugh and drank his beer.

“Hey leave my girl alone…” the voice of a husky British accent interrupted the conservation.

Buffy turned around with a smile as she saw her boyfriend’s face. Riley and the other boy rolled there eyes as they saw the two lovebirds stare sweetly at one another. They started to walk away from the couple and set out on their own mission to find lips to kiss at midnight.

William came up and set her champagne glass down and then turned to kiss her, letting her arms slip around his neck and hold him close.

“Where’ve you been?” Buffy asked instantly after she broke away from his lips.

“Talking with Willow…boy that girl can really run your ear out…” William smiled, remembering the conservation he had with Buffy’s best friend.

Buffy glanced up at the clock and noted two five minutes till.

“Do you really not believe in New Year’s resolutions?” William asked with curiosity.

“Not really…” Buffy frowned, “No one I know ever keeps them…have you ever done it?”

“Welllll…I guess you can say I did last New Year…I set one goal for myself.” William admitted with a smirk.

“And you didn’t tell me last New Year’s?” Buffy pouted and stuck her lip out.

“Oh pouty…” he smiled and attacked her lips in a soft kiss.

“Oh come on tell me what it is…” Buffy whined when she broke away from the kiss.

“You really want to know?”

“Yes!” she bounced on her toes in frustration of the game he was playing with her.

“Alright, alright, alright…” he reassured his girl, causing her to stop pouting and smile in triumph. “Got to get that lip of yours to be put against the law love…alright…so my one and only new years resolution that I made last New Year…which technically is still part of this year hasn’t been accomplished yet.”

“See I told you no one ever sticks to them!” she interrupted to point out her opinion.

“Now hold your horses...” he hushed her and continued to tell her, “I’m not finished telling you what it was and why it wasn’t complete…” he said and then looked up at the clock, noting it was two minutes till midnight.

“My resolution was made the morning after that New Year’s Eve party we went to at Cordelia’s…we were sleeping at my old apartment and just before you woke up I decided…by the end of the year I would still be with you…”

Buffy gave a hundred watt smile to him as she still clung on to his neck.

“And…” he leaned in closer to her ear and whispered, “That I’d ask you to marry me…”

When William leaned back he saw Buffy’s shocked expression on her face. ‘Perfect.’ He thought to himself, he wanted her to be completely and totally taken off guard when he proposed.

“So pet…you see I did keep to my resolution…I asked you…the only way to make this year perfect is for you to accept…” he said as he shuffled through his pants pocket and pulled out the ring.

“Oh William…” she whispered as she eyed the beautifully cut diamond that had two sapphires on each side.

“Look the ball is dropping!” someone yelled and pointed to the television screen. Everyone’s attention of the party turned to watch the ball drop of the screen from Time Square…well everyone except for William and Buffy.

Buffy’s best friend, Willow, turned away from the TV for a couple of seconds to see William and Buffy clearly in their own little world standing next to the Christmas tree. She smiled when she remembered William telling her earlier that tonight was the night he would ask Buffy to marry him. And by looking to see the state of Buffy’s stunned face Willow guessed the bleach blonde had gone through with his proposal after all; not that she had doubts…everyone knew that man loved her to death.

“It’s beautiful…” Buffy muttered still staring at the ring.

‘Okay…this is good…she likes the ring…’ William thought to himself, ‘She just need to utter out a response and I can let go of this huge breath I’m holding.’

“But…” she paused.

William’s heart started pounding against his chest and his feet were starting to sweat…he was pretty sure that he was going to faint.

Then she looked up at him with a serious face that turned into a teasing smile, “You know I would have said yes ring or no ring…” she answered.

William blinked a few times, trying to overcome his sick feeling he was having when she thought she would say no. “Wait…did you just say….’yes.’?”

“Yes…” She said smiling and almost starting to laugh at his face expression.


“Ten…” the partiers started to count.

“Nine…”

“So are you going to stare into space or are you going to kiss your fiancée for the New Year?” Buffy whispered.

“Eight…”

“Seven…”

“Are you sure?” William asked.

“Six…”

“Five…”

“Yes!” she laughed out, “I’ve never been more sure…”

“Four…”

“Three…”

William smiled and leaned forward, “I love you. “ he whispered and kissed her as he grabbed her hand and slipped the ring on her finger himself.

“Two…”

“One…”

Everyone in the apartment exclaimed, “Happy New Year!” and threw streamers and confetti at one another. Most of the guests paired off and found someone to kiss for a brief few moments.

When the two newly engaged couples came up for air they seemed to be swaying to the song of ‘Auld Lang Syne’ a bit.

“What a way to bring in the New Year…” William muttered.

Buffy giggled and kissed his cheek, “Maybe I should start thinking of a New Year’s resolution since yours turned out to be so wonderful.”

“Maybe…but do you want hear my new one?” William asked.

Buffy nodded and then William leaned into her whispered into her ears for only her to hear. After he leaned back and told her Buffy grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the exit of the apartment. “Come on…my place is closer.” She said.


TBC...
His New Year’s Baby by u2fan2005
Chapter 2: His New Year’s Baby





Buffy and William didn’t care that they missed out on all the partying festivities that continued into the night. When they reached Buffy’s apartment they instantly went into the bedroom, intending on having their own little celebration.

The next morning the couple laid in each others arms, Buffy used William’s shoulder as a pillow as his arm wrapped securely around her and his head buried in the smell of her strawberry scented hair.

The phone started to ring and Buffy groaned at the loud sound disrupting their peace. She popped an eye open and saw William still sleeping, ‘Sleeps like the dead’ she thought to herself as she shifted out of his arms. She reached for the phone and muttered a groggy “Hello?”

“Buffy?!” Willow asked on the other end of the phone in a very excited mood.

“Willow…it’s…” Buffy checked the nightstand clock and read, “Eight in the morning…aren’t you tired?” She thought to herself, ‘Cause I sure as hell am myself after last night.’

“No…I’m too excited…did he do it?!” Willow exclaimed and crossed her fingers that he did and that she said yes.

“Huh?”

“William did he umm…” Willow stopped when she realized she shouldn’t jump to conclusion and ruin everything if he didn’t propose. “Umm…did he say anything to you last night?”

Buffy looked over across the bed and saw William fully awake and smiling in sort of dreamlike at her. She held her hand of over the phone so Willow could hear, “Did you tell Willow that you were going to propose?” she asked him in a whisper.

“Well…uh…” He looked guilty and wasn’t sure how to answer, that is he didn’t want to get her mad if he said ‘yes’.

“You did didn’t you?”

“Uh…yeah.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and took her hand off the phone and started to talk to Willow again, “Yes...something happened…” she sighed.

“Oh?!” Willow squealed.

“Yeah…he asked me to marry him.” Buffy said and got up to grab her robe and started to put it on as she fumbled to keep the phone on her ear.

“And what did you say?”

“’What did I say?’” Buffy raised an eyebrow and looked at William who was smirking head to toe in pride, “I said I would…think about it…” That caused William to instantly frown and wrinkle his nose in confusion.

Buffy smiled an evil smirk as he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Well what’s to think about Buffy? I thought you love him…and you guys been together for nearly three and half years and all…” Willow said with confusion.

“Oh I love the bleached boy…I just like to make him sweat….” She said as she eyed the slowly advancing William coming at her with a smirk on his face as he listened to her playful words with her best friend.

“Buffy! That’s so cruel…” Willow exclaimed.

“Relax Willow…I’m just joking…” Buffy reassured her distressed friend; “I said yes…in fact he’s with me right now…” she smiled.

When William finally reached her he grabbed the phone and told Willow, “Hey Red…Buffy will call you later…” and turned off the phone and sat it on the nightstand.

“What are you going to do? You know I was only playing…” Buffy giggled as he placed as his hands around her hips.

“Playing with my heart?” He asked as he looked up at her with those mesmerizing blue orb eyes and gave her a puppy dog look.

Buffy leaned in and kissed him, “Does that help?”

“Just a bit…”


After Willow’s call, Buffy and William got back into bed and stayed their till noon. Once they took a shower and got dressed they decided to venture off downtown to get some lunch.

They sat in a small favorite café that all college students went to to have coffee, when William looked up at Buffy and asked, “You going to call your parents and tell them?”

Buffy’s stirring spoon for her coffee slipped out of her hand and fell onto the floor, a little shocked at his question. She went to retrieve the spoon to avoid William’s eyes.

Once she picked it up she quickly answered, “No…I’ll call them later.”

“What’s the matter?” William could tell the sudden change in mood from her instantly.

She darted her eyes up at him as she grasped the side of her coffee cup, “Nothing…”

William wasn’t entirely convinced but he decided to let the issue rest. Soon enough Buffy would come to him if there was a problem. So to lighten to mood he decided to change to subject completely, “So what do you want to do with the rest of vacation break? Be like couch potatoes in your or my apartment?” He looked up at Buffy when he saw she was sort of transfixed to staring into space out the window, “Luv?”

“Huh?” she asked, clearly not hearing a word he said.

“You sure you’re alright?” William asked with concern, trying to pinpoint what caused her to act so distant with him.

“I’m fine…I got to go to the bathroom.” Buffy quickly said and slid out of the booth and went directly to the ladies room.

William raised an eyebrow and followed his eyes as she disappeared around the corner towards the ladies room. ‘What the hell…?’ he thought to himself.

In the ladies room there was no other women occupying the other stalls when Buffy entered. She went directly to first stall and locked it; she put her hands on either side of the seat of the toilet and leaned over….she felt like she was going to throw up.

“Why did he have to say that?” she muttered to herself, ‘Why did he have to mention…them…’ she thought to herself. Tears were threatening to spill down her face at the thought of her home. ‘I can’t stop it…I have to tell them…whether its tomorrow or the next day or the day after that they’re going to find out…and what will William think?’

William had never met Buffy’s parents or family before. Her folks lived almost three thousand miles away in Pennsylvania while she was there in California and that was the way she liked it. Her college life was hers…her new fiancée was hers…everything she did or experience in California was hers and she was happy that her mother and father didn’t interfere.

‘But sooner or later I’m going to have to face the music…’ Buffy thought as she unlocked the stall and looked into the mirror. She knew if William wanted to be apart of her life he’ll have to face her demons of her home life sooner or later. The wedding vows ‘for better or worse’ came across Buffy’s mind and she almost had to laugh. She glanced at the bathroom door, knowing he was waiting out there…’Well William…you’re about to experience the worst…’

Buffy took a few breaths and marched out the restroom and over to William who was glancing down at the menu, waiting for her. When she slipped into the booth and looked up at William’s waiting eyes.

“You alright?” he instantly asked and reached out to put a comforting hand on hers.

“I know what I want to do with the rest of break…” Buffy blurted out.

‘Guess she was listening a little bit to me when I asked.’ William thought to himself.

“I want you to come home with me…” Buffy said confidently.

“Home? Your home?” He tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow

‘Knew he would tilt his head at that.’ Buffy thought, admitting that she knew him like a book.

“Yes…I met your parents and visited with them dozens of times…and I think its time for you to meet mine.” Buffy started and rubbed William’s hand that was still on hers. “And well, I have to admit…I’ve been sort of hiding my parents from you.”

“I’ve noticed.” William said, “What I don’t understand is…why?”

“Fear…” she shrugged and didn’t feel so confident with what she was telling him anymore. “William…when I came to California to go to college I changed a lot…a whole lot…”

“Everyone changes when they come to college luv…remember the story that my da’ told you about bookworm William with glasses? Well he wasn’t lying.” William admitted and kind of looked embarrassed at the moment.

“You still are a bookworm...” she laughed, “And glasses...?” she pondered the idea, “I think they would be sexy.”

“Really?” he laughed and blushed. “Maybe I should wear them again especially for you.”

She shook her head with a smile, “Back to my home life…it’s not that simple…”

“Pet everyone has demons in the closet…”

She raised an eyebrow at that comment, “What demons do you have?”

“Once we’re married you’ll just have to find out…” he teased.

“I know you have leaving-dirty-towels-on-the-floor syndrome…your mother told me what a pig you are….she kind of forewarned me about that.” Buffy told him, “Besides you stay at my place all the time…its not like I know how you live.”

William sighed, “Yeah…I’m a pig.”

“William…” she whispered, the tone in her voice caught him off guard. It sounded like she was shy and uncertain as she looked down at there hands together. “I’m afraid of what you’ll think of me…”

There was a moment of silence and William let go of her hand. Buffy frowned and didn’t bother to look up at him. However she was surprised to find in a few seconds he was right beside her in the booth with his strong arms around her.

“Look at me…” he whispered and tried to raise her chin, which she eventually did. “You have nothing to fear…I am not going to think less of you from how your family behaves or acts…I love you…nothing is going to make me think otherwise.”

Buffy gave him a small smile and she rested her head on his shoulder. “I hope your right.” She mumbled.







TBC...
The Smell of Fear by u2fan2005
Chapter 3: The Smell of Fear




As William threw items into his suitcase he glanced up at Buffy who was sitting on the bed talking on the phone with her mother.

“Our flight will come into tonight at around ten thirty…are you sure you want Dawn to pick us up that late?” Buffy asked her mom and listened to the receiving end. After listening to the response Buffy rolled her eyes, “Alright…” she groaned, “So you’ll see me and William tomorrow morning since we won’t get into very late…kay…bye.”

“So everything alright?” William eyed his girl’s stressed out habitats start to present themselves. He noted how she ran her hands through her hair every five seconds and her constant nail biting.

“Why wouldn’t things be fine?” Buffy looked up at him in the middle of chewing her thumb nail.

William was about to laugh at her when she threw herself back on the bed and let out a long groan.

“Remind me why I’m going back there again?” she muttered.

“Umm…to maybe face your fears…not be afraid of your home…and hide from your family?” William listed.

She glanced up at him with a glare, “It wasn’t looking for an actual answer to the question…”

William laughed and leaned over her body, putting a hand on each side of the mattress. “What are more worried about? Your folks or your other family members?”

“Seriously I’m worried about you…” Buffy sighed and played with the collar of his blue shirt. “I don’t want them to scare you away…”

“Not going anywhere…” he reassured and kissed her forehead. He grabbed her hand with the ring on it and held it up for her to see, “See this…I don’t give these to just anybody…”

“I know!” she smiled and looked down at the ring again, “And I hope I don’t find you giving these all frilly nilly to anyone mister.” She poked him in the chest.

“Frilly Nilly?” William asked as he bit his lip.

“Don’t make fun…”

“Sorry…but I like making fun…” he said as he leaned in and kissed her neck, “I thought you did too? One of the great things we have in common.” He whispered in her ear and then attacked her earlobe.

Buffy moaned and let him ravish her neck, ears, and lips for a little while, “We need to stop…” she said weakly but William didn’t seem to hear her. “You got to pack and I got to…oh!” she let out a little yelp as she felt his hands slide down her thighs. “

“What did you say?” he whispered and then got back to kissing the other side of her neck.

“Nothing…” she said and let him make her forget all about her family and parents for a little bit. There plane left in five hours, Buffy figured they had some extra time to kill.


*********

As the two sat in the airplane and were getting ready for take off Buffy noticed William’s hands were grasping his armrest tightly and his breathing uneven.

“You afraid to fly?” Buffy asked in surprise.

“No…” he stuttered and then turned around quickly when he heard a nose. “What was that? Is that supposed to happen?”

“Honey…” Buffy instantly grabbed William’s arm and tried to settle him day, “Relax…just sit back and relax…everything that is going on is suppose to be going on and there is nothing to worry about.”

William grabbed Buffy’s hand tightly. She noted his palms were sweating and his nails were digging into her skin just a little bit. When Buffy lifted their joined hands she kissed his knuckles, “Just relax…and please loosen your grip.”

William instantly relaxed his hand and mumbled, “Sorry luv.”

“How come you never told me you hate to fly?”

“Well…I didn’t want you to think I was a bloody poofter...” William admitted, “Which now you realize…I am…”

Buffy leaned her head on his shoulder and snuggled into him with a smiled, “Awww…its okay…lots of people have this problem…you’re still a hero to me.”

“Don’t need a pity party luv…” he said as he eyed out the window and watched as the plane started to move, “What I need is miracle…”

Buffy laughed, “Don’t worry…it’s only a six hour flight.”

“Six hours too long.”

“Is this why you never want to go back to England?” she finally put two and two together.

“Well let me put it this way…we’ll be taking our honeymoon on some boat or in the tri-state area of Los Angeles…if we ever make it home.” He muttered the last part to himself.

“Flying is the safest way to travel…” Buffy reassured, “I love to fly…I’ve been on a plane probably fifty times in my lifetime…”

William gave her a strange look, “You looking to being a stewardess pet?”

She giggled, “Maybe…would like to join the mile high club?”

William looked side to side in confusion, “What’s the mile high club?”

Buffy whispered into his ear and his lips instantly formed into a smile all his dread of flying was forgotten.

“You little vixen…” he muttered.

Buffy let out a loud laugh, causing some passengers to turn and watch the couple. Once she realized she was the center of attention she had to bite her lip to keep from laughing anymore.

***************
Half way into the flight the couple had stopped their teasing and calmed down. William read a magazine as Buffy turned on her ipod and closed her eyes to relax.

Her mind drifted off to the time she first meet William. It was the third week of her freshmen year at college and she was kind of having a hard time fitting in and find a crowd she could call potential friends. Her roommate Kathy suggested that Buffy got out and became a bit social at parties. The two girls headed downtown to an apartment party hosted by a guy Kathy knew.



“How do you know this guy again?” Buffy asked Kathy as she knocked on the apartment door.

“He’s in my Biology lecture…” Kathy told with a cheery smile, “He’s a sophomore I think…totally hot.”

When the apartment door opened the two freshmen girls came face to face with a tall dark haired guy holding a cup of beers. He smirked at them and leaned on the doorframe examining them a little bit, especially Buffy.

“You girls Jamaican?” The guy asked, pulling an old cheesy pickup line.

Buffy wrinkled her nose and looked at the guy with confusion, obviously not getting why he would say that.

Kathy just giggled and smirked like an idiot, instantly knowing what he was going to say next.

The guy leaned into the confused girl’s ear and whispered, “Cause you are Jamaican cuz ja- makin- me!”

When he leaned back he let out whoop and chugged his beer down. ‘Oh that’s attractive’ Buffy thought to herself as she rolled her eyes.

“Buffy this is Angel…Angel…Buffy.” Kathy introduced.

“Well come in Buffy…and Kathy…right?” Angel asked as the three of them walked into his apartment.

“Yeah…where’s the beer?” Kathy instantly asked.

“In the kitchen…help yourself…it will give me and Buffy a chance to talk…” Angel smiled and put and around Buffy’s shoulder.

Buffy cringed in disgust as he touched her. ‘God help me.’ She thought as she turned to watch Kathy turn away from them and go towards the kitchen, ‘I got to get myself a better roommate.’ She thought to herself.

“Come on Buffy I’ll introduce you into a few fellows, my two roommates.” Angel said and led her over to the living room where a bunch of the partiers were stationed at. He grabbed her arm and dragged over to the couch were two guys were chatting up. “Hey Forrest look at what fresh meat I got!”

Two guys turned around and saw Buffy standing in front of Angel, like a prize being shown off.

“Buffy this my roomy Forrest and the bleached Billy Idol wannabe beside him is my other roommate William…” Angel pointed out.

“Hello.” Buffy greeted Forrest and looked over the boy that called himself William and saw him staring at her with sort of dreamy smile. “Hi…” she greeted him.

“Nice to meet ya…” Forrest gave a friendly smile.

“Hey pet…” William said, obviously showing that he had a British accent.

A girl in a tight top and shorts peeked her head out of the kitchen and called out, “Hey Angel Pie we are almost out of Jungle Juice in here...”

Angel smirked and stared at her breasts, “Coming Harm…” leaving Buffy with Forrest and William.

“I’ll help…” Forrest got up and left only William.

Buffy turned and watched the two gawking college boys disappear into the other room and then turned to William, who was still sitting on the couch. Both of them really didn’t know what to say to one another, the awkwardness was unbearable for both.

“You can sit down if you want…” William gestured to the empty seat that Forrest left.

“Umm…alright…” Buffy said, taking the offer and sitting right next to him on the couch.

“You want a drink?” He said after another moment of silence.

“No…no thanks…I don’t like beer…” Buffy stuttered, hoping that she didn’t sound like a loser.

“We got water…”

“I’m fine…” She gave a polite smile and then looked up at the clock, reading 12:49. ‘Wonder how long Kathy wanted to stay here.’

“You really don’t want to be here huh?” William asked when he noticed Buffy’s eyes drifted to the clock on the wall.

Buffy turned and faced William gave a guilty look, “That obvious huh?”

“Freshmen huh?” he smirked, “Not use to this party life?”

“I like to party…and talk with sober people…” she laughed at how conservative she sounded at the moment.

William laughed at her and thought to him, ‘She’s adorable…’ “Well I’m sober…” he told her, “I don’t think you’ll find anyone else here that is.”

An hour later they were still in the same position on the couch laughing and chatting away about basically anything that came to mind. It pleased William to know that Buffy was having a good time, noting that she didn’t look bored to be with him. He had to admit himself that it was nice talking with a girl about basically anything instead of getting plastered with some random drunk girl at the party.

“…believe me luv, blooming onion at Charlie’s on University Circle Avenue is the best…I’ll have to take you sometime.” He smiled, very much liking if she would consider hanging out again sometime.

“Sure…” she smiled up at him.

“Hey Bunny!” both Buffy and William looked up at Kathy swaying back and forth, obviously drunk. “I thinkkkkk…I’ll be sleeping in the forest.”

“Huh?” Buffy asked, not understanding her drunken lingo.

William’s roommate, Forrest stumbled next Kathy and rapped his arms around her, “She’ll be crazying with me.” He laughed.

“Ooookay…” Buffy said as she watched Kathy and Forrest stumble around into the next room. Buffy got up off the couch and observed the two drunken lovebirds.

“Umm maybe we should stop them…” William said to Buffy.

Buffy motioned her hand for William to come near the door into Forrest’s bedroom. When William got to the door he saw Kathy passed out on the bed and Forrest lying on the floor.

“I don’t think any sexual activity in here is going to happen.” Buffy said.

“Nope…I read somewhere you had to be a lot closer than that for something to happen.” Spike joked.

They both laughed and left Forrest’s bedroom. “It’s probably best to just let her sleep it off here…” Buffy said.

“Yeah…she’ll be alright…” William said.

“I should probably be going…it’s near…” Buffy looked at her watch and read, “Oh…wow, two thirty in the morning…”

“You live in the dorm far from here?”

“Just Levin Hall…not too far a walk…” Buffy shrugged and grabbed her purse off the couch and her coat.

“Levin is near a mile walk…and its dark…don’t think you should walking by yourself.”

“Well…ummm…”

“I’ll walk you…” William quickly said.

“Then who would walk you back here?” Buffy laughed.

“I’ll manage, let me get my coat and we’ll be out of here.” William said.

The two walked the sidewalks of the campus chatting up a storm once again.

“So you don’t think you’ll room with Kathy again?” William asked.

“A big no…she’s nice but we don’t have that much in common.” Buffy explained, “I may just live in a single if my parent’s say I can…I really don’t know anyone well enough to room with yet…”

“You been here not too long…give it time, pet…you’ll meet more people. I know a few nice people…my one friend Willow is a great gal…should introduce you two.” William said as he kicked a few pebbles on the path.

“That would be nice.” Buffy smiled as she looked over at him and suddenly was captivated by his good looking features. She noticed the long black leather coat seemed to give him a mysterious edge to his appearance.

“I love this time of night…” William sighed as he looked up at the sky, “Peaceful…”

“You more of a night person then?” Buffy asked.

“Most defiantly…you?” He looked over at her, watching her golden hair blow about when a gust came.

“Sort of…I like to stay up at night but I think morning is nice too...especially sunrise…when I woke up Friday really early for class hardly anyone was around…it was amazing…I like the quietness of nature…” Buffy shared openly and then stopped dead in her tracks when she realized she reached the outside of her dorm. “Well this is me…”

‘God how I wish this night never would end.’ William thought to himself. The bookworm in himself had though a few verses of Romeo and Juliet about departing is such sweet sorrow.

“Thank you for walking me…you didn’t have to.” Buffy thanked.

“I wanted to…so I guess I’ll see you soon maybe, since I know where you live and you know where I live.” William pointed out as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and rocked on the heels of his feet.

“Yep…uh…we live in 510…” Buffy informed, hoping that he wouldn’t forget.

“510…think I’ll remember that.” William said coolly, ‘I’ll drill it into my brain’ he thought to himself.

“Goodnight William.” Buffy smiled, “You made this evening…better.”

“Same here…” William sighed.

Neither of them moved. William eyed her soft sweet lips as did Buffy to him. However in the last minute Buffy blinked away from them and turned away from him with a little wave. William frowned as she quickly disappeared away from him.



An arm was placed on hers, jolting Buffy out her daydream. She opened her eyes and came face to face with William looking into her eyes. Buffy took out her earphones and looked around to notice airplane passengers were collecting their luggage from the overhead.

“We’re here…” William told her.

Buffy took a deep breath; her mind let those memories of her first meeting with William slip away. She remembered what was going to happen in a few short hours, she’ll be home. And only one thought came to mind, ‘Oh god…’
Little Sister Where art Thou? by u2fan2005
Chapter 4: Little Sister Where art Thou?




”This is so like her!” Buffy exclaimed as she checked her watch. It was close to midnight and there was still no sign of Buffy’s sister, Dawn.

”It’s alright luv…did you try her cell?” William asked calmly as he sat in one of the seats in baggage claim of the Pittsburgh International Airport.

The couple had gotten there bags a half hour ago and every minute that passed without the mystery sister, Buffy became more and more frantic.

“Yes, I called it five minutes ago. She probably forgot it somewhere, like always.” Buffy said and ran her hand through her hair.

”Why don’t you sit down and relax.” William reached out and grabbed her hand but Buffy instantly moved away and groaned in frustration.

’This is a side of her I’ve never seen before.’ William thought as he watched his frantic fiancée dial numbers of her cell once again. He noticed that from the second that they stepped foot in Pennsylvania Buffy had a sudden mood change. Her attitude had turned as cold as the twenty degree temperature lingering out the window.

”Mom?” Buffy talked into her cell. “Where’s Dawn? She’s not here.” Buffy listened for the response and then rolled her eyes; tears were on the verge of slipping and her completely losing it.

Buffy glanced toward William and noticed his sympathetic look he was giving her, one of understanding and deep love. And before Buffy could let her self cry and surrender to him she turned away and walked off to talk on the phone privately.

William sighed at Buffy’s gesture. ‘If this place makes her so crazy maybe this wasn’t such a good idea to come here.’ William thought, ‘But…maybe it’s good that I get to see this…if I want to spend the rest of my life with her I have to deal with the good and the bad.’ For the last few years all he had was good times with Buffy, with a few bumps in the road of little fights here and there…but nothing too dramatic. William guessed that it was now time for their relationship to go through the necessary madness and struggles to make them stronger.

“Come on.” Buffy said. William turned his head to see Buffy grabbing a carry-on that was lying on the floor. Her face still had that sharp anger look on it.

“What’s going on?” William asked, but Buffy ignored him and just grabbed the luggage pieces and started to walk away, figuring he’d follow behind.

”Just come on.” Buffy muttered without turning towards him.

William grabbed the other bag and rushed up behind Buffy, trying to keep up with her quick pace.

Once they got outside the couple was struck with the sudden cold wind hitting their bodies. Buffy looked around and saw a taxi parked on the curb; she started to walk briskly towards it.

“Luv?” William questioned with confusion as Buffy opened the cab door. “What about Dawn?”

”She’s not coming.” Buffy muttered and climbed into the cab.

‘What a way to start this little trip.’ Was all William thought of as he climbed in next to her.


*~*~*~*~*~


The drive though the countryside of Pennsylvania wasn’t too thrilling for William. For one it was dark outside and he couldn’t see a darn thing, and two…Buffy didn’t speak a word to him. Her face was glued out her window.

“So, you two having a little weekend vacation?” The cabby asked.

“Uh…” William glanced over at Buffy and noticed she wasn’t going to be answering to anyone, “We’re visiting her family.”

”Ahh…” The cabby nodded.

William glanced over at Buffy to see she still didn’t budge from her spot. “Luv please—“

”You kids in college?” the cabby interrupted.

William was starting to get annoyed. With the cab driving wanting to strike up conservation and Buffy not speaking to him he was about ready to lose his cool.

“Yes we are…we go to school in California.” William explained, hoping that would shut up the driver.

”California…wow…I would love to go out there…specially around this time of year, the winter’s here are not my cup of tea.” The cab driver continued talking.

Buffy turned and faced forward for the first time and directed the driver, “Make a right down this road.”

”You got it.” The cabby said, making a right turn.

’Well this isn’t bloody fair…she talks to the annoying smelly guy but I get the cold shoulder.’ William thought.

“You guys like football?” the cabby continued.

“Yes.” William said with a glare and watched Buffy turn away and go back to hiding her face out the window.

”Which team?”

”I don’t know…uh…The Cowboys?” William thought up quickly, not caring what team he said. “Buffy will you please…” he started to whisper but was cut off again.

”They suck! You better not mention them around all these Steelers fans. You’re in Pittsburgh…Steelers country. Even though we didn’t get into the playoffs you should turn around and cheer for the Steelers.” The cabby nodded, displaying he was a true fan of Pittsburgh. “Isn’t that right honey?” the cabby asked Buffy.

”Yeah…” Buffy muttered, “Turn left here.”

”You got it.”

William let out a little growl in frustration and tilted his head side to side, trying to let out all the tension.

“It’s the this house up here.” Buffy pointed and the cab started to slow down and pull into the Summers driveway.

”Looks like no one’s home.” The cabby said when he saw no lights on inside the house. “Well it is almost one in the morning…guess they’re asleep.”

William rolled his eyes as he paid the cab driver and jumped out of the taxi, not being able to spend another minute in there. Once outside he looked up at the big fairly new home that Buffy grew up in. In the dark he could see that house sat on a rather large piece of land with lots of trees.

“Let’s get inside.” Buffy mumbled as she rolled her carry-on up the driveway.

”Hold on.” William jumped in front of her, “I want to know what’s going on with you.”

”Look Will I’m tired…I smell like airplane, and I’m cold. Can we just not do this now?” Buffy sighed and walked around him towards the side door.

“What happened with Dawn?” he asked as he walked beside her up the driveway.

“She didn’t show up.”

”Kind of figured that after having to take a trip with friendly Joe the cab driver.” Spike scoffed.

”She got held up at with her friends…” Buffy explained as she took out her keys and started to struggle to get the door open.

”But she knew we were coming—“

”Well that’s the way it works with my family William…we forget to pick up family members at the airplane, we don’t meet and greet each other with hugs and kisses…we are like four people living in a house without really caring to feel someone else’s pain.” Buffy continued to explain as she still fumbled to get the door open. “And no one ever seems the leave the light on for there child who flew three thousand miles to show off their new fiancée to them…”

William stared at her with shock.

”Screw it!!” Buffy yelled in frustration when she couldn’t get the door open. She threw down her keys on the cement and kicked her luggage sitting on the ground.

William watched as Buffy walked away from him, trying to control her anger inside of her. He glanced down and pick of her keys and struggled to open the door, and after trying several keys he finally got the door open. And when he did looked back over to see Buffy staring at him. She had her arms crossed and was shivering slightly…she let out a few sniffles.

“Come on.” He whispered and nodded for her to come inside.

“You go…”

”Buffy I think now is not the time to be stubborn…it’s freezing out here…” William said and grabbed his bag and started to place them inside. He switched on a light inside the house and saw a simple laundry room.

“It’s just as cold in there.” Buffy nodded to inside the house.

William narrowed his eyes at her, not really understanding her meaning.

”Please…” he breathed out and saw his breath form into a small cloud that quickly disappeared.

Buffy dropped her hands in defeat and walked over to him, “You know my parents won’t let us sleep together.”

William cocked and eyebrow, “A minute ago you didn’t want to be thirty feet near me…”

She shook her head, “My sudden craziness has nothing to do with you…it’s just…”

”Let it go love…let’s just get inside.” William put his hand on her back and guided her inside.

Once they took off their winter coats and stripped off there shoes they ventured into the next room, the kitchen.

”Nice home.” William said once Buffy switched on the kitchen light. He took a look around at the decorated kitchen that seemed to be nice and homey.

”Yeah…” Buffy rolled her eyes, “It will be real nice when you find it hard to flush the damn toilet or find the smoke alarm going off whenever you heat water…this house is ready to fall to pieces.”

William just smirked and changed the subject, “So if we can’t sleep together where am I to be placed?”

“Well…” Buffy looked up at him with a wicked look, “Since I figured everyone’s asleep no one will ever have to know.”

’There’s my girl.’ William thought to himself as he saw his old naughty but still somehow innocent Buffy show herself to him again. “I love the way you think Summers.” He said and leaned in to kiss her.

However before his lips could hit hers he jumped at the sound of a voice come from the doorway. “So you must be William.”

Buffy and Spike turned around and saw a girl staring at them with an evil grin; the girl could be no older than sixteen…however her dress that she was wearing said otherwise. Her tight fitting clothes, high heels, and heavy set of makeup made her look like she could pass for Buffy’s age. William eyed the girl up and down, instantly becoming uncomfortable with the way this young girl was dressed.

“Dawn…” Buffy growled and narrowed her eyes.

“Hey sis.”
You’ve Been Warned by u2fan2005
Chapter 5: You’ve Been Warned



William glanced back and forth between the two sisters that glared across the room at one another. When he looked at Dawn he got the first impression that this girl didn’t care for rules and who was the new teen bop icon, she looked more like she was about to go around the town and dominate the world with her sharp high heals and short dress. And when William looked at his fiancée all he saw was a young twenty one year old girl getting ready to play the responsible mother figure.

“You are William right?” Dawn leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed, eyeing him up and down. “Bleached blonde hair, black leather jacket…adorable cheekbones…just like Buffy described.”

William raised an eyebrow, ‘Adorable...? Whatever happened to sexy or dashing or…’ When William turned to see Buffy’s eyes flaring with anger he wanted to instantly back away from her, afraid that she might pop any moment. ‘Oh that his not a good face for you love…’ William thought while staring at her.

“What are you doing?” Buffy questioned quietly, ignoring William’s eyes boring into her.

“No need for the lecture sis…I’m not leaving. I just got back.” Dawn waved her hand without a care in the world.

“Back from where? Why didn’t you pick us up at the airport…mom said—“

”Mom forgets that she doesn’t have control over me…I wasn’t going to drive forty minutes to come and get ya.” Dawn scoffed.

”Well excuse me. I thought you would have a bit more manners to greet a guest…OR even call to tell me you weren’t coming!” Buffy raised her voice a little bit.

Dawn just shook her head at her sister. “I own you nothing Buffy…you have your own life…and I got mine. You ran away remember?”

Buffy took a deep breath, “Ran away? I went to college…I got myself a life—“

”And a pleasant bedroom boy to go with it.” Dawn rolled her eyes when she looked back at William.

Buffy had enough. She left William’s side and walked up and grabbed Dawn’s arm, yanking her into the next room.

William looked down to the ground, pretending he didn’t hear the sister hair pulling match that was going on in the next room. Words like ‘Slut’, ‘deserter’, and ‘insane’ were easily picked up by his ears. And after a few minutes he heard the sound of stomping feet rushing up a set of stairs.

Buffy returned to the kitchen where she left William with a few tears in her eyes.

“So…that’s my sister…” Buffy sighed as she used her sleeve to wipe away a few tears.

“Angry little blob of energy isn’t she?” William asked, “She’s a teenager…it’s a rough time.” He shrugged and went up behind Buffy and wrapped his big strong arms around her waist. William was happy to see that she relaxed instantly in his embrace.

“You don’t know the half of it.” Buffy mumbled as she closed her eyes.

William kissed the side of Buffy’s neck and quietly said, “It’s been a long day…you need sleep…things will be better tomorrow.”

Buffy just laughed and shook her head in disagreement, “No it won’t…Dawn will still be… Dawn tomorrow. Wait till you see her morning attitude.”

”Shh…” William said and kissed her shoulder and continued to say his words in a calm soothing tone, “Don’t worry about it.”

Buffy turned around slowly in his embrace and quickly pulled him in for a long and breathless kiss. Her hands tangled in his hair, messing it up quit a bit, as he held her waist tightly.

“Do I really have to sleep this whole week without you?” William asked instantly when they parted from their kiss.

Buffy chucked, “Worried you won’t be able to last that long?”

”I just think its ridiculous…I mean…what’s the big deal…we’re engaged and all.”

”But my family doesn’t know that.” Buffy reminded him.

“So you tell them tomorrow…”

”Umm…” Buffy stepped out of his grasp.

”Buffy?” he said in a little warning tone when he saw she was being hesitant again about their engagement.

”I may need some time.” She quickly contradicted, hoping he would understand.

”Time?” He paused for a moment, “How much time?”

”William please…this is big. Huge…macrohuge…I mean they don’t even know you.” Buffy pointed out.

”So you want me to bond? As you would say ‘get big with the bondage thing’?” he raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

“Well…just…just play nice and I guess try not to jump to conclusions on issues that may be brought up…and—“

”Luv, I know how to talk like a normal person and have a conservation. I was raised pretty well and I have manners. I know how to play nice with mum’s and da’s…and even little sis’s.”

”Ya but that was before you arrived here…maybe I should give you a quick summary of what to expect.” Buffy nodded, thinking it may be a good idea to give her love some warning on what may pop out of corners.

”No don’t. You worry too much. I can handle whatever comes my way.” He smiled.

”Alright.” She sang, “But you’ve been warned.” She stuck out her finger and pointed it at him.

*~*~*~*~*~

”So this is my room?” William asked as he looked around the guest bedroom.

“Sorry, our ocean and garden view rooms are occupied at the time.” Buffy joked as she walked into the room and opened the curtains of the windows and looked outside, “But you do have nice view of the barn.”

William froze with wide eyes, “Barn?”

Buffy shrugged, “What?”

”You have a barn?”

Buffy shrugged again and thought it was no big deal, “What? There are farms in Pennsylvania…and this is sort of a rural area.”

”So what?” Spike smirked, “When you were a little girl you went out to milk the cows and feed the pigs?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and went up and playfully shoved him in the chest. “Nooo…my parents are not farmers…this house was an old farm house and we only use the barn to store things…okay?”

”Alright, alright” he said with a smile as he lifted his bags and placed them on the bed.

”So there is extra blankets and pillows in the closet and the bathroom is right across from this room.” Buffy went over everything he would need to know to be comfortable. “We all mostly get up at eight but if you don’t have to if you don’t want to…” Buffy nodded and the paused, thinking if there was anything else she left out. “Anything else you want to know?”

”Where’s your room?”

”Down the hall…” Buffy innocently smiled and grabbed one of his pillows and started to fluff it up.

William smirked, “And do I need a special password or something to get into that room or is it off limits?”

”I know you think this whole sleeping apart thing is stupid and I agree…but my mom—“

”Luv its fine.” He reassured her.

Buffy raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

”What do you want me to say? That I hate it? And that my body will be all lonely and cold without you beside me and I will not be able to sleep a wink at night this entire week knowing that you’re only a few feet away from me? Do you get stratification in knowing that?” He asked in one big breath.

”Yes…” she smiled.

“You know if it wasn’t for your family being sound asleep at this very moment I’d pounce on you.” He muttered as he bit his bottom lip.

“Sounds kinky…but your right…we have to be on our best behavior...” Buffy nodded, not really agreeing with the idea.

The two let the thought of ‘no sex’ rattle around in their brains for a few moments before Spike asked, “So we have to be on our best behavior in the house…but does that mean the barn is off limits?”

Buffy’s only response was holding her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing hysterically.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a restless night without having Buffy beside him, William was happy to greet a new morning. As soon as he waked up he was happy to take a shower and get all the airplane smell off his body. While he styled his hair in the bathroom mirror he heard the sound of knocking coming from outside. When William unlocked the door he came face to face with Dawn once again.

“You know other people need to get ready too in this house.” She said as she leaned against the frame of the door in her pajamas, a tank top and sweat pants.

‘Now this looks like an average teenager.’ William said as he noticed Dawn’s attire.

“What are you staring at?” Dawn snapped.

“Nothing, nothing.” He mumbled, holding his hands up in surrender. ‘God this girl is nothing like Buffy’ he thought to himself, even though he noticed that they sort of had the same facial features. However, character wise—he would have to say the two sisters were from different planets.

“Well then would you like make like a tree?” Dawn said as she maneuvered around William as he exited and she tried to enter the bathroom. When he turned around to ask her a question he got a door slammed in his face.

“Will?” the call of Buffy’s voice made William forget about the fowl moody girl for the moment; when he turned down the hall he saw Buffy dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt exit her room.

He traveled down to her and gave her a short kiss, “Hey.”

“You sleep okay?” she asked as they traveled down the stairs.

“Just fine.” He said, not bothering that admit to her that it was actually hard to fall asleep without her beside him. “You?”

”Got to admit it was a little weird…sleeping in my old bed and all…however, I think my room needs some work done on it…my old Backstreet Boys posters I think are a bit disturbing now.”

”Backstreet Boys huh?”

“Ya…its embarrassing.” She said as they reached the bottom of the stairs and headed into the kitchen. “But it was a phase…you know like giga pets, pogs, beanie babies…Polly pocket…”

”What is a Giga Pet?” William asked.

”I’ll show you later…because I still have it surprisingly…literally my room is just full of old junk that I need to throw away.” Buffy admitted.

“Well I’ll be happy to help you relive those childhood memories…and then throw them away in the trash.”

They both let out a laugh but it was short-lived when they noticed the entrance of a middle aged woman.

”Buffy?” she quietly spoke.

”Hey mom.” Buffy answered just as quietly as her mother.

William glanced back and forth between mother and daughter, wondering if there was going hug or whatnot. It seemed to surprise him that all the two Summers ladies did was just keep a distance from one another.

“So you must be William.” Mrs. Summers turned to face William with a polite smile, but also eyeing his bleached hair suspiciously.

‘Okay so she is one of those mothers…’ William concluded when he caught the little glance of disapproval on Buffy’s mothers face. However, he just ignored it and greeted Mrs. Summer’s with happy “Nice to meet you.”

“Same here…” she smiled, “Well…umm…” she laughed nervously, “I really don’t know what to say…”

”Mom did you call dad and tell him I’m home?” Buffy changed the subject.

The mention of Mr. Summers made Buffy’s mother suddenly turn into something a bit different. There was a little gleam in her eye that William couldn’t make out.

“I left a message.” Mrs. Summers muttered and started to off to work in the kitchen, unloading the dishwasher.

“Well I’ll call him…” Buffy said.

“Better not use the house phone you know how he—“

”I know.” Buffy cut off her mother before she was able to finish the sentence.

“I’m just saying that he—“

”Mom please…” Buffy begged with desperation.

For William it was like he was watching a mystery film…not really understanding the scene before him.

“Well if you don’t want to hear then I’ll go to the store.” Mrs. Summers said and grabbed her purse and left the room.

Buffy cringed and bit her lip as she heard the garage start to open, telling her that her mother was in fact leaving the house.

William stood silently, eyeing Buffy from the corner of his eye. ‘Was this what she didn’t want me to see? The marital problems of her parents?’

“Sorry…” Buffy muttered, “She’s…she drives me absolutely crazy.”

William was taken back from the comment, not expecting those words to come out about the nice lady he just met. I mean sure…the woman was not thrill about his hair, but so was his own parents when decided to change his style.

“Now come on luv your mum isn’t so—“

”No!” Buffy sternly said as she turned to him, “She drives me crazy…” Buffy bit her lip once again, seeming like she was holding back a bit. “She…did drive me crazy.”

”Luv—“

”No William…literally…the thing is...when I was in high school I had a nervous breakdown…”

William tilts his head as he began to stare at her in dismay, not believing that those words came out of her mouth.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=23837