Still Haven't Found... by indigoskies
Summary: William is a co-owner of a super successful hotel and Buffy is a scorned woman seeking revenge on the man who did her wrong. When their paths cross, things become more complicated than either of them ever thought possible.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 14137 Read: 15521 Published: 02/11/2007 Updated: 12/07/2007

1. What I'm Looking For by indigoskies

2. My Way by indigoskies

3. The Way Out by indigoskies

4. The Words... by indigoskies

5. A Way To Live by indigoskies

6. You by indigoskies

7. A Hangover Cure by indigoskies

8. The Light in the Darkness by indigoskies

9. My One True Love by indigoskies

What I'm Looking For by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Well, I'm not too sure where this came from but this first chapter pretty much wrote itself. I'm putting it out there to see if it's something that people would like to read more of!

Angel does feature in this story but this is a Spuffy tale through and through so please stick with it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

She hadn't paused once since she had first put her plan into action but now she was here, she suddenly had this overwhelming feeling that this was a bad idea. What did she really hope to achieve? She knew he was lying to her. He could stand in front of her and deny it all day long but she knew it in her gut that he was seeing someone else. Her intention had simply been to catch him in the act, to see it with her own eyes and prove to him that she wasn’t the naïve little woman that he thought her to be but now, she wasn’t so sure.

The building was tall and imposing, the glass front a gaping chasm in the night sky. The entrance was bustling with cloaked figures moving in and out, shielded under umbrellas from the light mists of the twilight rain. It hadn't been raining when she left their apartment so she had only a lightweight denim jacket to protect her from the wet. Shifting from foot to foot, she shivered a little.

Faith had agreed to meet her at ten and it was quarter past already. Silently, she cursed but then if it wasn't for her, this whole thing wouldn't be possible at all. Faith was Angel's cousin yet their relationship was somewhat strained to say the least. Buffy had met her way back when things were still civil between them and Angel had given her a job at his hotel when she was just two days from being evicted from her flat. Over the years, their relationship had deteriorated and now they weren’t even on speaking terms. He disapproved of her wild lifestyle and she thought he was an arrogant bastard with no concern for anyone but himself. And she was right. However, Faith still worked at his hotel, something which galled Angel and made Faith laugh with glee whenever she had a few too many shots.

If the pay hadn't been good, she would have left a long time ago yet the threat of mouthing off about him had earned her a hefty rise. He'd offered her a payout to leave but she needed the regular income and the job wasn't so bad. Nobody knew she was Angel's cousin and Angel wanted it to stay that way. When Faith had discovered and informed Buffy of his cheating ways, she had merely confirmed Buffy's suspicions. Sure, he co-owned a hotel but the hours he kept were verging on ridiculous. He'd even taken to sleeping in one of the suites and not returning home for days at a time. At first, she had understood but that soon gave way to suspicion and frustration. And that had led her here.

A whistle piercing the night air drew her gaze to a side door a few metres down from the hotel entrance. Faith beckoned wildly and bobbed back inside. Jogging across the road, she ducked inside, brushing off her damp clothes.

"Hell B, I tell ya, it's crazy in here tonight!"

"Tell that to my hair."

Faith laughed. "Nobody does the down and out girlfriend better than you, that's for sure."

"Yeah, something I've always strived to be." She followed Faith, winding her way through stacked crates and out into the kitchen. Faith was right, it was madness. There were rows of chefs, each brandishing a knife chopping at a million miles an hour. People bustled from one end of the room to the other with plates, glasses, bottles and various vegetables.

"He's been in the bar most of the evening but Anya said he slunk out around a half hour ago. Oz said he took the lift to the Diamond Suite and he hasn't been back down since." She stopped abruptly at the kitchen exit, peering around the corner into the corridor.

"Faith, you and your friends are risking everything by doing this - if he finds out he might sack you all and then -"

"Quit yabbering already! He's that far up his own hole it wouldn't occur to him he was being watched - sure, he might have a rant at me but what's the worst he can do huh?"

That question hung in the air between them, unanswered. Angel had a temper. That was something they were both quite clear on. Buffy knew Faith was pulling her bravado routine but what would this little escapade really cost them?

Faith caught Buffy's look of doubt and gave her a little shove on the shoulder. "Come on girl, don't even think of chickening out on me now. We've got him trussed up like a turkey up there, here is your chance once and for all to show the bastard how mistaken he was when he thought he could fool you."

Buffy smiled, her enthusiasm returning at the thought of giving Angel a piece of her mind.

"That's my girl." She pulled Buffy to her for a tight hug. "Ok, nip into the toilets through those double doors and slip this on." She shoved a maid outfit into Buffy's arms. "It's your size, don't worry. I figured this would make it much easier for you to make it up there without getting stopped."

~~~

Emerging from the toilets, she made her way back to the kitchens. Faith whistled loudly, "Well girl, I'd say you belonged here if I didn't know better!"

Buffy twirled. "Yeah, this starchy linen does wonders for my figure. Won't he suss out where I got this from though?"

"Stop worrying your pretty little head. He's gonna blame me whatever happens, so you just focus on the task in hand and let me worry about tall, dark and forehead ok?"

Buffy smiled a watery smile, nodding slowly.

"Right, let’s get this mission underway! Go through the door at the end of this corridor and take a right. Go through the double doors, hook a left and then a right. Go through the door at the end and you'll find yourself in the main lobby. Hop in the lifts and hit 30. The Diamond Suite is right in front of you. Take this." She shoved a bottle of champagne in Buffy's hand. "If anyone asks where your trolley is, say your running an errand for another maid on another floor. By the time you get to the suite, it'll just be a handy weapon to slug him with!"

"Faith, I'm not gonna hit him!!!"

"Relax, I'm kidding! It just makes your cover more realistic is all." She twirled Buffy by her shoulders and gave a tap on the behind. "Call me when you're done and I'll come get you!"

"Thank you. For everything."

"We're five by five. Now go!"

Buffy clutched the champagne tightly as she made her way down the corridor desperately trying to remember the directions Faith had given her. Breathing deeply, she pushed through the double doors and made a right.

~~~

William sat at the bar nursing his orange juice. He was the master of all he surveyed and he felt pretty damned good about it. Sure, he'd have preferred to have been sipping a whisky rather than an orange but due to his rather wild history and the fact he was technically still at work, orange would simply have to do.

The waiting staff were run ragged tonight. The room was full to capacity with the ladies in their evening finest and the gents in their dapper suits, posing at the bar with their ten dollar cocktails or picking through the low calorie portions of their gourmet six course meal. They reeked of money and power and success and he, William, was sat amongst them, more likely richer than all of them still feeling out of place.

Sure, his hotel was a goldmine and he wanted for nothing but having the money and being surrounded by money were two separate things entirely. He had closet after closet of Armani suits, four sports cars in the garage and a penthouse apartment to die for... yet he still liked to spend his Sundays watching Manchester United in his shorts with a bottle of Bud. He couldn't imagine any of these people doing anything like that. Doing something real. But hey, they were the reason he could afford to lie around all day in his shorts and for that, he had to at least show some gratitude.

Slugging down the last of his juice, he breathed in deep and slipped his work persona back on like a glove. Standing, he angled his shoulders, straightened his back and began to move through the crowd at the bar. The men turned to greet him with a handshake and a tight smile. He found jealousy an intriguing thing and something he himself didn’t experience often.

The ladies met his eyes with fluttering eyelashes and coy smiles, offering their hand for a chaste kiss to assault him with their $100 perfume. The women fascinated him. Their flawless skin and their perfectly applied make-up, their hair which never seemed to move and their faces fixed with a gallery of preselected expressions.

The one who had been different, who had stood out amongst the crowd had made sure he was forever immune from the wiles of these women. A compliment and a teasing caress on the inside of his wrist no longer made him feel special. It made him grimace. He had paid greatly for his previous mistake and never again would he believe that it was him that held the charm and appeal for these women. He knew it was the bulge of his wallet rather than the bulge of his trousers which inspired all the attention.

Of course, a man had to eat as Angel would say, and he would sometimes succumb to his needs and entertain a lady or two in the privacy of his suite. Lately, these occasions had been fewer and further between. Angel however, took full advantage of his status and wooed girl after girl, often never leaving his suite for days at a time. Thankfully, William was the more hands-on partner of the two and Angel's lack of input into the business suited him nicely. He was grateful for Angel's investment but it had always been his aim to earn enough to buy him out. However, it seemed that Angel loved the lifestyle and didn't have any intention of selling up.

After realising there were only so many sports cars that he could drive at once, William realised that he was happier ploughing his profits back into the hotel transforming it into one of California's trendiest venues. It had an exclusive rooftop fitness suite with a glass roof and exclusive privacy areas, a basement casino that rivalled Vegas and each room had recently been refurbished to five star standards. It was his very own Utopia. And he loved it.

Smiling wider with his own sense of accomplishment and pride, he navigated the bar with renewed enthusiasm. The staff watched him in awe, surprised how he never tired from schmoozing his guests. He would work the various rooms until the early hours of the morning and would still be smiling when he'd finished. None of them knew how grateful he really was. They just assumed he was keeping an eye on them all.

And indeed he always kept a watchful eye on his staff. He did have a tendency to be a harsh boss as his expectations were high and his tolerance for anything less was extremely low. He knew that the staff were a little afraid of him and that suited him as he knew they were less likely to try and pull any stunts. More importantly he was fair and no matter how many orders he barked at them, they all knew they could approach him and he would always listen.

However, there were times when he despaired of his staff and this was one such time. One of the chambermaids had found her way into the bar and was trying to find her way to the exit, bumping into various guests and leaving numerous spillages in her wake. He didn’t recognise her which was unusual and she certainly didn’t recognise him as her gaze passed over him without recognition or fear. He stalked towards her, bemused at her complete obliviousness to the disturbance she was creating.

~~~

How she had missed the lobby and found the dining area, she had no idea. She had no sooner turned the corner from the kitchens and found herself lost in a maze of stark white corridors. Having tried to find her way back, she had only succeeded in becoming more confused. Hearing distant music and voices, she followed the tinkling laughter in the hope it would lead her to the lobby. Instead, she found herself in the restaurant with no way of knowing exactly where in the hotel she was. If she could find the exit, she surely would manage to find her way to the lifts but her white pumps had reduced her height down to a rather short five foot and she had no hope of seeing the exit over the sea of people milling around the room. Cursing under her breath, she edged her way through the bar area trying to make herself as inconspicuous as she possibly could. She just hoped she wasn’t too late getting to the suite. Head down, she elbowed her way more forcefully through the clusters of guests, determined that this mission wouldn’t go up in smoke because of her poor sense of direction. Suddenly, a hand gripped her shoulder tightly, stopping her dead in her tracks.

A voice whispered low in her ear. “Are you lost, miss?” William spun her round on the spot. Her stomach turned as she realised her game was up, her scared eyes lifting to meet his. He scrutinized her carefully, his hand still gripping her shoulder. Even with her dishevelled hair and her over starched uniform, she was the most breath taking woman in the room. But what the hell was she doing here?

--------------
My Way by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Thank you so much for the reviews on the first chapter! I'm so glad you wanted to read more :D In fact, you spurred me on to write this tonight so I hope you enjoy the next installment!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

Firmly and purposefully, he led her towards the doors through which she had emerged and back into the bowels of the hotel. His hand rested lightly on her elbow, guiding her along the corridor until they reached what appeared to be the staff quarters. Buffy backed up against the row of lockers nearest to the door, her eyes wide and her mind racing for a possible explanation. Somehow, she didn’t think her ‘errand’ story would wash with this guy.

His eyes raked over the petite blonde stood before him looking like a lost little school girl. He blinked hard in an attempt to shift those mental images from his mind and refocus upon the task at hand.

“Care to venture an explanation, love?”

Buffy looked up at him, her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth from sheer fear. How the hell was she going to explain this? She couldn’t well drop Faith in it but then he might think she was a criminal or something and report her to the police. Oh god, what if he called the police? Then Angel would find out –

“Ok, shall we start with something simple? How’s about a name? Pretty petal like you surely has a name.” He curled his tongue behind his teeth, the faint ghost of a smirk curving his lips. Hell, he should be more stern with her but she was just so delicious. So fresh, so ripe, so beautiful. She was worth ten of those women in the restaurant. His mind was yelling at him to get over it but his body was tingling with her mere presence.

Buffy opened her mouth and then clamped it shut. What if he realised who she was? Fine, Angel had never allowed her near his work citing the flimsy reason of keeping his private life separate from his business but surely he must talk about her to his friends… Or did he? Because she sure as hell didn’t have a clue who this man was. This beautiful, gorgeous man. She blinked back at him. “Elizabeth.”

“Elizabeth.” He rolled the name around his mouth, low and slow. He made it sound like a dirty word. He pinned her eyes with his and she was powerless to look away.

“Look, I know this looks bad and really, I’m sure there are a thousand excuses I could give you right now but the truth is…” She stumbled. What the hell was the truth? Go big, go drama. Channel your inner Faith.

Just then, the door swung open. Speak of the devil. Buffy didn’t think she had ever been so glad to see someone in her life.

“Lehane, don’t you have something else you should be doing right now?” He looked from Faith back to Buffy. The softness in his eyes had been masked with steel. “Or do you happen to know something about my new employee here?”

“I’m so sorry Mr. T, yes, she’s with me. Xander drafted her in to help out to cover for Willow with her being off sick and all and I was going to bring her to you so you could check her over but things got crazy busy and she just got stuck right in there and hell, I mean she saved us tonight you know? She was just wicked awesome with the room service and….”

“And is it you who is supposed to be showing Elizabeth here, the ropes?”

“Why yes, yes I am.” Faith cast her eyes downward, looking suitably repentant.

“Then please ensure that any new staff that we employ in the future have the capability to navigate their way around the hotel without causing a nuisance.” He scowled at a silent, nodding Faith then turned to Buffy.

“How long do we have the use of your services, Elizabeth?” He could have sworn that she blushed ever so slightly. She was uncomfortable with the intensity of his scrutiny. Such an innocent.

“Just for tonight, Mr…”

“Thorndale. Mr. Thorndale. But as you have my have gleaned from Lehane, my long standing staff call me Mr. T.”

Holy fricking hell. He was the Mr. Thorndale of Thorndale Hotel… He must be Angel’s business partner. Her eyes bugged slightly at this new piece of information. It’s a good job she hadn’t told him her real name.

Seemingly unaware of her panic, William turned to Faith. “Please can you inform the restaurant that I will be dining at 11:30 and arrange for my Armani suit along with some fresh bedding to be delivered to my room from the laundry service. And you, Miss Elizabeth, may as well make yourself useful for the rest of the night. Due to the staff shortage, the chambermaids have been more effectively deployed to suites other than my own and to be honest, it’s in rather a state.”

Faith caught Buffy’s eye, shaking her head vehemently she mouthed something undistinguishable. Buffy shrugged slightly. What could she do? If she argued, her cover would be blown. At least if she played along, she might still get the chance to slip up to Angel’s suite later on. It wasn’t likely he would leave the suite between now and when she left, he’d be too engrossed in his whorebag. Besides, this man didn’t have a clue who she was and he would obviously have the inside track on Angel. Maybe she could even pump him for information.

“Lehane, are you still here? Elizabeth, follow me. I don’t want you getting lost again now do I?”

Hurrying Faith out of the room ahead of him, Buffy watched her duck off to the left as she followed Mr. Thorndale as he took a right. Here she was, following Mr. Thorndale, millionaire and hotelier extraordinaire to his suite. Without a backward glance, he stalked ahead of her round corner after corner and through door after door. Weaving through the corridors, they took the freight elevator to the seventeenth floor.

He didn’t say a word to her the whole ride, instead making great sport of avoiding her gaze. She remained stood slightly behind him, sneaking a sideways glance to study him closer. His bleached hair was expertly slicked back but she could see the beginnings of curls at the nape of his neck brushing the edge of his midnight blue shirt. The cut of his suit was impeccable, expensive and no doubt the work of some world famous designer. And yet despite this, he still seemed uncomfortable. Oh, he carried himself with confidence and his demeanour was assured and cocky but it was all top show. Beneath his cleverly constructed persona was another man completely and she couldn’t help but wonder what that man might be like or why on earth he chose to hide beneath such a cold exterior.

The elevator chimed, signalling their arrival at his floor. Once more, he strode ahead of her without even a throwing a glance in her direction. Since he had found himself alone with her, he had been cursing himself for creating this predicament. He was undoubtedly drawn to this girl and instead of playing it smart and avoiding her, he had invited her to his suite. It was true, it was a mess but it could have been cleaned in the morning. Also, after he’d seen her eyeing him up in the mirrored panels of the elevator, an attempt at conversation was impossible without drawing attention to his very obvious physical reaction to her. What was it about this girl that made his thoughts so incoherent? Shaking his head, he reached into his jacket pocket for his keycard, stopping so abruptly that Buffy careened right into him.

“Be careful love, you almost turned me into hotel roadkill.” Looking down at her as she fidgeted with her apron and mumbled nervous apologies, he bit his lip hard to curb his need to throw against the wall and have her right then and there. He slid the keycard through the slot causing the door to swing right open.

He waited, holding his arm out indicating she should step into the room ahead of him. Even if his thoughts were impure, the least he could was act like a gentleman. Her vanilla perfume tickled his nose as she slipped past causing his eyes to roll back in his head. She had no idea of the effect she was having on him at all.

Probably because she was so enraptured in his suite. He watched her closely as she moved around the room. He was sure she must have seen such rooms before yet she was drinking everything in like she had never seen anything like it in her life.

And she really hadn’t. She couldn’t believe the beauty she was surrounded with. The room was bathed with a light golden glow from several discreetly situated down lighters. The plush cream carpet melted underneath her feet as she stepped carefully between the light pine furnishings and cream leather suite. The sofa acted as a divide between the living area and the bedroom area which was clearly the focal point of the entire room. A luxurious four poster bed adorned with cream veils of silk stood proudly against the furthest wall. The twin bedside lights burned low, giving the effect of a purely heaven made bed. She guessed that his was favourite place to be and found herself wondering if he’d had lots of company in it… It screamed seduction. She jumped as she heard the door click closed behind her.

“As you can see, my laundry pile is overflowing and my bedding will need changing once the laundry service delivers some fresh sheets. Hell, you know how to clean right? Supplies are in the closet at the end of the hall. The whole place needs sprucing up to be honest, pet. I’m ashamed to say I have been rather lazy this past few days.” He moved around the room, shedding his tie and his jacket as he walked. “If you don’t mind, I would like to take a shower before I change so the bathroom will have to wait until last but I’m sure there is plenty to be getting on with in the meantime.” He threw a wave over his shoulder as he disappeared into the bathroom off to the right.

She couldn’t believe it. She had to clean this suite from top to bottom and all the while, he would be showering in the next room. A mental image of him soapy and naked sprang into her mind. Mentally, she slapped herself. She was as bad as Angel, she shouldn’t be thinking these thoughts about other men. Especially not his business partner! Hypocrite much? She gave herself another mental head slap. But it was over with Angel, she just had to seal the deal, dump the dog and she was a free agent. She had severed any remaining emotions she had for Angel when she had discovered his low down ways. Truth be told, she hadn’t felt happy in their relationship for a long time but it was one of those things that had been easier to go along with then to go without.

Until she’d seen Mr. Thorndale she’d never realised just how much she had gone without. It couldn’t have happened at a worse time nor with a worse person. She couldn’t go there. She wouldn’t. She’d somehow rescue this mission and forget either of them had ever existed. Content with her new plan, she smoothed down her apron and contemplated the laundry pile in the corner of the room. His underwear would be in there. What size would he wear? Groaning loudly, she realised that forgetting Mr. Thorndale might be easier said than done. A sharp rapping at the door disturbed her thoughts. It would be the fresh laundry. Clasping the doorknob, she was about to turn it when a voice shouted through the door.

“Yo, William. You in there?”

Angel.

The doorknob began to turn in her palm. Shocked, she jumped back from the door. Now what?
The Way Out by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful feedback!! I hope you're all still enjoying this as much I'm enjoying writing it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

Looking from the doorknob to the bathroom she realised she had two choices. Run and hide or stand and fight. The bed was boxed off, the sofa was in the middle of the room and the only room she could hide in currently had a naked man in it. Naked man it is… She dashed across the room and burst into the bathroom without pausing to knock.

Spike yelled as the door swung open revealing him in all his dripping, naked glory to a wild-eyed rather frightened looking Elizabeth.

“What the bloody hell are you doing woman?”

“There’s – there’s erm – someone here to see you, Mr. Thorndale.” She stood behind the bathroom door, listening for movement in the suite.

“Well, incase you hadn’t noticed they may well see more than they bargained for if I pop out and say hello right this second.” He glanced down and then back up at her.

Buffy, in her mad dash, hadn’t really absorbed her current surroundings until she found her eyes wandering over the planes of the wet, taught, muscular body in front of her.

William smirked as he saw a flush flame up her neck and colour her cheeks a rather charming shade of crimson.

“Will?” Angel called out from the main suite.

“I’ll be right out, mate.”

He stepped towards her. She was so bloody beautiful and she didn’t even have a clue. Her eyes were like saucers now as he leaned into her, effectively pinning her behind the door. Their eyes held as he tilted his head slightly, completely enraptured.

“You’re leaning on my towel, love.”

“Oh.” Leaning so he could reach past her, she inwardly groaned. How dumb am I?

He chuckled, plucking the towel from the back of the door and wrapping it loosely around his waist. “You may as well tidy up now you’re in here.” He winked and stepped out into the suite.

~~~

“Sorry man, didn’t mean to interrupt anything.” Angel was sprawled on the sofa, legs propped up on the pine table, hands laced behind his head.

“You didn’t. Got ourselves a bit of a duff maid is all.” William bit his lip at the thought of Elizabeth in his bathroom, bent over the side of his bath. It was too hot all of a sudden.

“I’m sure I could find something she’s good at if I tried real hard.” Angel laughed loudly at his own joke.

William just shook his head. “Which is why I manage the staff and you don’t.” Padding across the room, he took a bottled water from the mini-fridge and drank it all down. Better.

“Come on Will, lighten up. It’s a candy store out there man, get stuck in! So you diddle the maid? Hell, there’s worth things you could do.”

“You get stuck in enough for the both of us.”

“Only since that Dru chick left you. Once upon a time you were quite the lady killer.”

“Times change. People change.” William gritted his teeth at the unwelcome image of Dru flashing across his mind.

Angel carried on, oblivious to the obvious tension in the room. If Will was content with a stick up his ass then who was he to argue. Besides, all the more women for him, minus the competition.

“I met with Lindsey McDonald last week, that guy from the Imperial Casino in Vegas. He’s invited me out there to check the place out, see if we might like to invest.”

“Well, it is big money but cutting in with someone else?”

“No harm in having a look round though is there, all expenses paid and all that.” Angel smirked.

William snorted. “You mean you’ll be well provided for in terms of female company?”

“The best that money can buy. Even better that it isn’t my money. I’ll only be a couple of days.” He stood, moving to leave.

“Not a problem.” And it really wasn’t. He ran the place pretty much single handed anyway. At least now, he could do so in relative peace. Angel may have had the money but he lacked the brains to do anything worthwhile with it.

“I’ll fill you in when I get back.” Angel sneered, waved and closed the door behind him.

“I really wish you wouldn’t.” William muttered.

~~~

Tears tracked down her face as she huddled on the tiled floor, ear still pressed to the bathroom door. Buffy knew Angel was a rat but to hear him talk so openly about his other women was like a knife sliding into her gut. He didn’t even hide it. William had no idea that Angel had a girlfriend, that much was crystal clear. To everyone else, Angel was this playboy womaniser and he’d been playing her at the same time. She had mentally prepared herself for seeing him with someone else. She had rehearsed what she was going to say a million times but somehow, to hear him bragging like that was so much worse. She’d make him pay twice over for this, of that she was sure. She had been caught off guard and now, she was in a heap on the floor of a millionaire’s bathroom. Tomorrow, she would swear she dreamt it all. But right now, she had to get out of this room and away from this hotel.

“Elizabeth?”

She scrambled to her feet as the door swung open but her foot slipped on the wet tile. Landing hard on her right knee, she cried out in pain, the tears falling once more.

“Oh love, are you ok?” He bent over her, stroking her hair away from her face. The alarm he felt at the sight of her tears scared him as he gripped her waist and lifted her into his arms with little effort. She was as light as a feather.

Carrying her into the suite, he sat her down carefully on the edge of his bed and crouched to take a closer look at her knee. She was sobbing now, more out of emotional release rather than actual pain.

Lightly, he skimmed his fingers over her knee and the surrounding area trying to locate any bumps or bruises. His brow was knitted with concern as he held her leg up with one hand, his other sweeping across her skin… so tanned and so smooth. The muscles in her calf flexed in his palm as she winced and recoiled in pain. He coughed, clearing his throat. “Ice. I’ll get ice.”
The Words... by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Well, my muse has gone into overdrive and produced installment four way ahead of schedule!! I hope you enjoy :D

Another big thanks to all those who have reviewed so far, I really appreciate the comments and the feedback!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

He stood quickly and ducked out of the room, not giving any thought to the fact he was still only dressed in a towel. Get a grip you bloody ponce.

Returning only minutes later with a cup of ice, he went into the bathroom to get a washcloth. Without a word he knelt at her feet once more. Those few minutes had given him time to regroup his thoughts and give himself a shake. He wasn’t looking for a relationship, he wasn’t interested in women right now and he sure as hell wasn’t looking to have a fling with one of the maid’s. The whole situation was absurd. After writing it off to not having a wank for a few days, he felt more than happy that he could tend to her bruised knee without embarrassing himself.

Buffy’s sobs had quieted to snuffles now as she peered at him curiously through her misty eyes. His hair was all fluffed up, half dry after his shower. The shape of his shoulders and the strength evident in the tight muscles in his arms made her breath catch. Such a beautiful man. She had never had these reactions to Angel, this sheer lust and need. It was foreign to her and she wasn’t quite sure how to deal with it but she knew that she was in dangerous territory.

He wrapped some ice cubes in the washcloth and twisted it tight into a makeshift ice pack.

Holding it to her knee, he took great care to avoid making contact with her skin – the mistake he made before but refused to make again. He’d fix her up and then send her packing. Sod the cleaning.

She groaned. His body shuddered at the sound, his reaction uncontrollable. Under the towel, his cock swelled causing the towel to rub torturously over his length. He looked up at her, trying to regain focus.

“Does that hurt, pet?”

“No, it’s helping. The throbbing is – less. Thank you.”

“My pleasure. Here, you hold it right there whilst I go find some clothes.” He stood hastily, intent on escaping from her before he did something he’d regret.

Instead, Buffy found herself faced with the evidence of his undoubted attraction to her. Subconsciously, she licked her lips as her eyes flicked up to meet his. The crystal blue pools darkened to the colour of night sky, his chest heaving with the pressure of trying to restrain himself from pushing her back onto the bed and ramming into her until she screamed his name.

She opened her mouth but before she could even form any words, he was on her, attacking her lips with little nips and licks. He was a starved man, greedily drawing her closer desperate to feel her body against his naked flesh.

Her own need threatened to overcome her as she clutched at him, her fingers tugging at his hair as he threw his weight over her, causing her to fall back onto the bed. The skirt of her uniform had slid up her thighs, the damp towel the only shred of material separating him from the warmth between her legs. She whimpered as she felt him push his bulge persistently against her, her hips automatically rising to meet his frenzied thrusts.

Never before had she felt so aroused in her entire life. She had no idea that a man could make her feel this good… this… womanly. By tying herself to Angel for so long, she had foregone any right to expect to be pleasured, instead accepting her duty to pleasure him. And now, it was like the whole world had taken on a different colour. The realization that a man, a man as beautiful as William would be able to, let alone want to stir these wonderful feelings deep inside her… But that doesn’t make this right. This makes me just as bad as Angel.

William, lost to his own want suddenly found himself being rolled across the bed as Elizabeth jumped away from him like she had been scalded.

“We cant – I mean, I can’t do this.” She backed away from him, hands raised as though to ward him off.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to, I wasn’t…” He ran his hands through his hair, rested his elbows on his knees and dropped his head into his palms.

“Me either. It’s not that I don’t – but we don’t know anything about each other and there are…”

“A million reasons why we shouldn’t do this.” He finished for her, tilting his head to look up at her as she stood before him, now shifting from foot to foot and wringing her hands. He stood then, stepping to her.

She waved her hands out again, backing away further.

“Look, you must think I’m a right perv. I mean, you’re an employee for gods sake and here you are cleaning my suite and I just bleeding jump on you like that.”

“No, no. I mean, sure I was a little surprised… but it wasn’t.. well, it wasn’t unwelcome. But like you say, there are a million reasons why…”

“I know. Yeah.”

They stood together, awkward and unsure of what to do next. Her eyes travelled the room, searching for a focus that wasn’t his torso. They failed miserably.

“Right, well, I’m going to get dressed… Because this towel really isn’t helping.”

“Erm. No, it really isn’t.” She blushed. “I’m going to clean this suite and then..”

“No, no cleaning. You need to get that knee rested up before it balloons to the size of a football.”

She nodded, as they both stood once more in silence. If she didn’t leave now, she’d never leave. “I’ll be going then.” It came out almost as a whisper.

Her words curled around him, his gut clenching at the thought of never seeing this woman again. “How are you fixed tomorrow?”

“Pardon?”

“I mean work wise. Have the agency got more work lined up for you? I mean, I know Willow will be back and everything but we could sure use the extra pair of hands to help get things back on track. And I really don’t want you to leave here tonight with a bad impression of the place. And of me.”

“I don’t think that is such a good idea.”

“Please, have a think about it ok?” His eyes bored into her, pleading.

“Ok.” Her eyes dropped.

He nodded then glanced back down at his towel. “Oh yeah, clothes.”
A Way To Live by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Yes, I know it's been a long time since I updated this one but RL has kicked my ass this last couple of months causing my muse to head for the hills. But, today, I chained him up, spanked him a little and this is what he came up with! Updates will be regular now :D A big thanks to all those who have left such lovely reviews - I just hope you like this chapter and you're still interested in William and 'Elizabeth'. Comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated by the muse :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly

Previously...

She nodded, as they both stood once more in silence. If she didn’t leave now, she’d never leave. “I’ll be going then.” It came out almost as a whisper.

Her words curled around him, his gut clenching at the thought of never seeing this woman again. “How are you fixed tomorrow?”

“Pardon?”

“I mean work wise. Have the agency got more work lined up for you? I mean, I know Willow will be back and everything but we could sure use the extra pair of hands to help get things back on track. And I really don’t want you to leave here tonight with a bad impression of the place. And of me.”

“I don’t think that is such a good idea.”

“Please, have a think about it ok?” His eyes bored into her, pleading.

“Ok.” Her eyes dropped.

He nodded then glanced back down at his towel. “Oh yeah, clothes.”


~~~~~~~~~~

“No.”

“What? Why?”

“Because. Mr. T is one messed up puppy and if he’s taken a shine to you then you can’t go back.”

Buffy frowned at the piece of bread she was buttering as she struggled to balance the phone against her shoulder. “But it’s a VIP pass into Angel’s world, it’s way too good an opportunity to pass up.”

“I’m serious B, no good can come from this.”

“See, I thought that to at first but Angel will be away so it’s not like I can get caught or anything. Nobody knows who I am, I can slip in and slip out and he won’t know anything about it. It’s the perfect plan.”

“Tonight was a bust – the boss knows your face now and he likes what he sees. It’s just too risky.”

“I don’t get it Faith, you were all for it earlier. In fact it was you who convinced me that tonight was a good idea! What gives?”

“It was a close call, that’s all.”

The shower clicked off upstairs. “What aren’t you telling me?” she hissed.

“Just trust me on this one – Mr. T is off limits.” Faith’s voice took on a steely tone that Buffy hadn’t heard before.

“It was just – it won’t happen again. I can do this.”

“B, I’m not usually the begging kind but you gotta listen to me and you gotta listen real good. Don’t go back in there.” She was pleading now.

Buffy’s shoulders tensed as Angel’s comments rang in her ears once more. “You weren’t there Faith. You didn’t hear how he spoke, how he bragged about his women. I was crying in a heap on a bathroom floor whilst he planned his whoring holiday. I can’t do this anymore Faith, I just can’t. Before, it was about truth and closure and moving on. Now it’s about revenge. Cold and simple.”

A long sigh into the receiver. “Fine. But I’m warning you, you don’t know what you’re getting into here.” She hung up.

Buffy rolled her eyes. Seriously, what was Faith’s problem? She of the wild, crazy ways was warning Buffy, she of the reasonable, logical mind to be careful. But surely, with Angel going away tomorrow and William on side, she could find out everything she needed to know and more. The only reason she had reacted to William as she had was because she had been so upset about Angel. And so what if William had taken a fancy to her? It could only be of the good in the grand scheme of things. It may prove to be rather useful. Shrugging off Faith’s warnings, she dialled the hotel.

~~~

He opened one eye cautiously, afraid to aggravate the hammering in his head any more than the alcohol already had. His empty bottle of Jack obscured his view of the clock but judging from the sunshine battling through the only chink in his curtains, he judged it to be early morning. Groaning, he rolled over onto his back. His belly was rumbling something chronic. He had never made it down to dinner after all. Once Elizabeth had left, he had locked the door and sank the bottle without a moment’s pause. Frowning, he looked down. Still no clothes.

Christ, what was the matter with him? An hour in the company of some dumb, blonde chit and he was a wreck. He’d done a lot more intimate things with a lot more women and not one of them had got under his skin like she had. One slip of a tear on her cheek and he’d practically feasted on her right there and then. Then he realised. It was his lack of control that scared him. This girl had made him lose all focus. And the daft bleeding git that he was, he’d asked her back today. Was he a masochist? He chuckled then. Always bloody have been. Always about the pain.

The last time he had been like this he’d nearly lost it all. And he’d made a promise to himself he’d never let that happen again. Until last night, his promise had never been tested. Fisting his hands in the sheets, he growled. Bloody bints. None of them worth anything – just a sodding headache and a hangover.

The phone rang next to his head causing him to curse loudly. He snatched at the receiver.

“What?”

“Call for you, Mr. Thorndale. Elizabeth Summers?”

Bollocks. “Thank you.” He heard the click of the transfer and took a deep breath. She’d better be calling to say she’s coming into work today. He screwed his eyes closed at his own desperation and frustration at his warring emotions.

“Mr. Thorndale, it’s Elizabeth.” Her voice was sure and strong, not the whimpering girly he’d waved goodbye to last night.

He remembered her, all lost and girly like looking at him through her lashes in the staff room then so keen and responsive under his hands on his bed… Biting his lip, he fought to suppress a groan.

“Elizabeth, hello.” He coughed.

“I’m ringing to thank you for your continued offer of employment.” She paused.

The silence weighed heavily in his ears. His mind screamed at the possibility that she might decline the offer – then what would he do?

“You’re more than welcome, it was the least I could do after I behaved so – inappropriately. I do hope we can forget -” He coughed once more.

Buffy smiled into the phone. He was embarrassed and she couldn’t help but think he sounded adorable. “It’s forgotten.”

Her voice came out as a whisper causing his eyes to roll and his fist to clench into the sheets again. His reaction to her was unexplainable but once more, he was hard and ready for her with only the mere sound of her voice.

She heard his sharp intake of breath as her own hitched in her throat. Can’t lose the sight of the plan. I can do this. “What I’m trying to say is, the agency haven’t got any more work for me right now so the extra hours would be handy right about now.”

“Well, that’s just wonderful news, love. I mean, it’ll be great to have you on board. So to speak. All hands to the pump. On deck.” Bloody hell.

She giggled. “What time do you want me?”

Right now. “Eight o’clock?”

“Erm, it’s gone ten thirty.”

“Holy hell!” He bolted upright.

She giggled some more. “Then I guess I’m late for work huh? I’ll be right over.”

The dial tone purred. Shit, she was coming over. And he was still naked. He flopped back down onto the bed. But first, a more pressing matter to take care of. His eyes fluttering shut, he gripped his cock firmly, slowly pumping his fist. Images of Elizabeth underneath him flooded his mind as rolled onto his side, biting hard into the pillow.
You by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
I was originally intending to split this out into two chapters but I thought I'd post this as a bumper chapter as a thank you to those of you who have left such lovely and encouraging reviews. They really do keep the muse happy! I'm so glad you're still enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly



She giggled. “What time do you want me?”

Right now. “Eight o’clock?”

“Erm, it’s gone ten thirty.”

“Holy hell!” He bolted upright.

She giggled some more. “Then I guess I’m late for work huh? I’ll be right over.”

The dial tone purred. Shit, she was coming over. And he was still naked. He flopped back down onto the bed. But first, a more pressing matter to take care of. His eyes fluttering shut, he gripped his cock firmly, slowly pumping his fist. Images of Elizabeth underneath him flooded his mind as rolled onto his side, biting hard into the pillow.


~~~

Upon her arrival at the hotel, Buffy slipped into the works entrance she had used the previous night and weaved her way through the storeroom towards the staff room. As she had prepared to leave the house, she had felt a slight wave of nerves but the memory of Angel’s words and the brief and fake explanation he’d given for his absence these coming days had spurred her on further to exact her revenge.

“Baby, you know I wouldn’t go if I didn’t absolutely have to.”

Liar.

“I’ll bring you back something real pretty.” His lips were damp and cold as they nibbled at the nape of neck.

“What is it you’re actually doing out there?”

He ran his hands up and down her arms, whispering into her ear. “Oh, it’s some deal that Will has set up. Big bucks at stake here baby. He has some meeting or other so I have to fill in.”

Bigger liar. “Well, if you’ve got to go then you’ve got to go.” She turned to face him, beaming smile at full wattage. “I’ll miss you.”

He scooped her towards him, holding her tight. “I’ll miss you too.”


Stepping out of the ladies, she examined her reflection. Plain, maid-like Elizabeth. She pulled her shoulder length hair into a low ponytail. Perfect. She wanted to blend and slip around unnoticed so she wiped off her lip gloss and hoped that she was sufficiently dowdy and non-descript.

The door swung open and a girl in an outfit matching hers bounced through. “Hi, you must be Elizabeth! I’m Willow.” The red haired girl grinned widely. “Mr. T. said you were due and asked me to come get you.”

Buffy nodded and beamed right back. “Great, I was wondering where I should go. And after yesterday, what with the getting lost…”

“Yeah Faith told me about that. I owe you big time for jumping in at short notice to cover for me. I hope you didn’t get too hard a time for it.”

“Oh no, Mr. Thorndale was very – understanding.”

Willow smiled dreamily. “Yeah, he is. I had such a crush on him when I first started here.”

Buffy giggled, forgetting herself. “Yeah, he is pretty crushworthy.” Way to play it cool huh? “I mean, generally speaking. It’s not like I have one or anything.”

“Oh, of course you don’t.” Willow smiled wryly. “You and about every other female here would love to get their hands on him, if not for his abs alone. He had one big, bad break-up two years ago and I don’t think he’s ever got over it. Either way, he doesn’t sleep around with the employees. That’s more Mr. O’s style.”

“Mr. O?” She knew full well that Mr. O was Angel O’Donnell.

“He’s Mr. T’s partner. Very much the ladies man. You’d be hard pushed to find someone here he hasn’t managed to lure to the seedy pit that is his bed. Well, apart from me, Faith and Tara. He gets them when their new and they all think they’ll be different to the last but they never are.”

Buffy smiled tightly. I guess Faith didn’t tell her friends the whole story about me after all. “I can assure you, he won’t be luring me anywhere.”

“You’re safe anyhow; he’s away for a few days so there’s plenty of time to catch up on all that gossip. Right now though, I need to set you to work before we get accused of skiving!” She grabbed Buffy’s wrist and led her out of the bathroom. “And I think I should get you a map from Reception, just incase!”

~~~


The day passed by rather uneventfully. She lost count of how many sheets she’d folded, how many corners she’d tucked and how many dirty towels she’d replaced. Strangely enough, she felt good about herself. As she wheeled her cart along the corridor, she realised it had been a long time since she’d done a decent day’s work. Angel didn’t like her working so she’d had to give up her job at the gallery and when she’d tried to take on some evening work as a barmaid at the Bronze, Angel had well and truly thrown his toys out of the pram. They had fought for weeks about it but the hassle hadn’t been worth it. She resigned after only a month. The worst thing was, she had really enjoyed it despite only working there for such a short time. She liked to meet people and she had felt comfortable behind the bar. It had given her a confidence that she didn’t really have any where else and she had never found it again since.

“Wow, you’ve done wicked lots today!” Willow appeared beside her, admiring the bulging cart. “You’ve done like two floors compared to Anya’s one!”

“Oh, I just got the momentum going I guess.” Buffy smiled modestly as Willow grabbed the other side of the cart helping her guide it up the corridor.

“Well, you’ve earnt your Tequila tonight missy!” Willow beamed widely as she realised Buffy had no clue what on earth she was talking about. “Tequila Tuesday! It’s like the quietest afternoon in the restaurant so every month or so, usually on a Tuesday, Mr. T funds a staff gathering where we get to drink for free.”

Buffy nodded, digesting all the information. This was even better than she’d hope for. Drinks with the girls, a chance to find out more about Angel and his exploits… See William perhaps… Dammit. Kick that habit.

“So, you up for it? It’ll give you a chance to meet everyone properly!”

“Hell, why not?” Buffy grinned.

~~~

Slipping back into her jeans and camisole top, she brushed her hair out of its ponytail until it hung loose and light around her shoulders. She didn’t want to go to overboard so refrained from touching up her make up, opting for relaxed rather than racy.

Stepping into the restaurant, she spotted Willow along with Faith and another crowd of girls she didn’t know sat in a row along the bar. In front of them lay two rows of shot glasses in the process of being filled by a rather handy barman. And it wasn’t just any old barman, it was William! Shirt sleeves rolled up, tie shucked loose and draped over his left shoulder, he looked positively gorgeous. The girls were giggling as he attempted a brave Cocktail style manoeuvre with the tequila bottle and then groaned loudly as he caught it upside down. Sliding onto a stool next to Faith, she tapped her on the shoulder. “Does he always do this?”

“Hell no, he’s half tanked. But hey, not complaining here. We’re on the second bottle already!”

Buffy laughed as he made another attempt to spin the bottle in midair.

“Look B, I didn’t mean to be so harsh with you last night. I’m trying to look out for you, you get that right?”

Buffy nodded again, distracted by the look of pure glee on William’s face. He was having a blast, cutting loose. She sensed that this was as close to the real William that he had ever gotten to showing and wondered why he didn’t act like this more often. Sure, he was the boss and sure there were rules but to see him laugh like that, truly laugh – well, it was just wonderful. Just then, he turned to her catching her eye. His jaw dropped along with the bottle, crashing loudly onto the stone floor behind the bar. The girls cheered and Buffy blushed.

Faith looked knowingly at William and then Buffy. “You’re playing with fire here and you know it.” Resigned to the fact that she could not divert the impending apocalypse, she downed another shot.

Before Buffy could answer, Willow appeared beside her, accompanied by some of the girls from the other end of the bar. “Elizabeth, this is Anya, Tara and Amy. Girls, meet our newest recruit!”

Buffy nodded a hello to each of them as Anya pressed a glass into her hand.

“Welcome to our party. Drink this in celebration of your new job cleaning dirty sheets and towels.”

“She’s odd but she’s nice!” Willow whispered conspiratorially. Buffy laughed nervously and drank down the shot.

“I am not odd. I’m just different.” Anya argued.

“Of course you are sweetie.” Willow grinned at Buffy, shrugging.

“Ladies and er, Faith – can I have your attention please?”

Faith’s retort was drowned by the catcalling from the crowd. William was brandishing a lighter, the flame burning tall and orange.

“Sambuca anyone?” He whistled loudly and set the glasses alight one by one. The girls screamed, slamming their hands over the flames to douse them before necking the steaming shots. Buffy giggled as Faith and the rest of the girls spluttered.

William caught her eye once more, a shot glass poised at his mouth. He winked, licked his lips and downed the liquid in one swallow. Her breath hitched in her throat as she watched the smooth line of his neck as he tilted his head back and the muscles in his jaw tighten.

Captivated by his movement, she didn’t realise she was gawking outright until she felt a hand on her arm. Tara smiled shyly at her.

“A smiling face doesn't always mean a smiling heart you know.”

“What?”

A bottle smashed behind the bar, drawing their attention back to William.

“I see it in him as I see it in you.” She looked very serious, peering at Buffy through her lashes.

“I don’t know -”

“Elizabeth, over here!” Willow beckoned from a table at the far end of the bar.

“Come on.” Tara made her way toward the crowd. This appeared to be where the boys were hanging out, beer bottles hanging between spread legs, looking oh-so-chilled.

“Guys, meet Elizabeth. Elizabeth, this is Oz, Xander and Riley.” Willow pointed at them one by one.

She nodded politely, suddenly feeling very self-conscious.

“Hey! You have no beer!” Xander jumped up sloshing his own beer over Riley.

“Oh, that’s just nice Harris.” Riley stood, swiping at the frothy stain on the front of his shirt.

“Don’t get your panties in a bunch Finn, just because you didn’t get the lovely lady a drink first.” He grinned at Buffy before making his way towards the bar.

“Now, now boys! Play nice!” Amy chided. “Don’t want to scare little Lizzie away now do we?”

Something in Amy’s tone made Buffy cold. Amy was smiling at her widely but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. One of Angel’s conquests perhaps?

Xander returned with a bottle of lager, making great sport of presenting it to her with a bow. “M’lady.”

Buffy giggled, taking the bottle. “It’s so great that the bosses do this for you, I don’t think I’ve worked anywhere where they’d pay for their people to party, let alone run the bar for them.”

Riley shook his head. “Not bosses, just Mr. T. Mr O doesn’t really like the idea so it generally happens when he’s away or in bed with one of his girls.”

Buffy choked on her mouthful of beer causing Riley to reach forward and pat her gently on the back. She nodded her thanks, wiping her lips discreetly. So much to learn. He continued rubbing her back lightly, his eyes holding hers for a second longer than was necessary.

“So Mr O doesn’t like parties huh?” She tilted her head, showing her interest. This guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Can’t hurt to be nice can it?

~~~

William topped up his glass with the dregs of the tequila. He usually enjoyed the staff parties, they gave him a chance to get to know them all better and do a spot of people watching. It was surprising how much he learnt about his staff at these dos, all relaxed and out of work mode. It made him feel a bit more normal to. He was more comfortable clowning around behind the bar than he was giving a speech in the board room. But this time, he was having a hard time holding onto his party spirit.

From behind the bar, William watched Finn sliding his arm around Elizabeth’s shoulder as they talked. Why was she letting him touch her like that? Finn of all people. He was the slimiest, stupidest, smelliest waiter on his books. Smelliest? Bloody hell, I am pissed. Either way, Finn was trouble. And by hell was he going to let him get his grubby paws on Elizabeth. If he couldn’t have her, then Finn wouldn’t be having her either. I mean, what the hell does he have that I don’t? Why does she want him and not me? He knocked back the tequila and hissed through his teeth. I’m gonna go over there and I’m gonna -

A high pitched squeal interrupted his train of thought. “Blondie bear! Where have you been hiding?”

Oh bollocks.
A Hangover Cure by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Again, thank you so much for all your positive reviews! They are doing wonders for the muse :) The updates may be a little far apart but I'm really enjoying writing this story - and it's all down to you guys! I hope this chapter is as well received as the previous ones :) *hugs*
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
banner by the lovely vampgirly



From behind the bar, William watched Finn sliding his arm around Elizabeth’s shoulder as they talked. Why was she letting him touch her like that? Finn of all people. He was the slimiest, stupidest, smelliest waiter on his books. Smelliest? Bloody hell, I am pissed. Either way, Finn was trouble. And by hell was he going to let him get his grubby paws on Elizabeth. If he couldn’t have her, then Finn wouldn’t be having her either. I mean, what the hell does he have that I don’t? Why does she want him and not me? He knocked back the tequila and hissed through his teeth. I’m gonna go over there and I’m gonna -

A high pitched squeal interrupted his train of thought. “Blondie bear! Where have you been hiding?”

Oh bollocks.


~~~

“Why didn’t you return my calls? I’ve been worried about you.” She stalked towards him, hips swaying, ruby lipstick shining.

I was hoping you’d drop off the face of the earth. “I’ve been rushed off my feet, you know what it’s like.” He ran his fingers through his curls, unfurling them into a fresh bed-head style.

“I thought you had been abducted or murdered or joined a cult or something.” She pouted.

All of those much more appealing options than being here right now. He mumbled under his breath, his eyes rolling skyward.

“I’m just so glad to see that you’re ok baby. I can cross you out of my bad book and put you right back into my boyfriend book.” She winked and slinked around the bar to wind her arms around his neck.

He grabbed them and pushed them back to her sides. “We were never a couple, Harm.”

“But we sure did a lot of… coupling didn’t we baby?” She leaned in towards him, purposely pushing her breasts against his chest.

He couldn’t help but smirk at the memories. She wasn’t a bad bint if she kept her mouth shut for long enough. He curled his tongue behind his teeth and chuckled low. “Yes, I remember it well.”

“That’s settled then. I’m forgiving you. I accept your apology and I am extremely happy that we’re back together. Can we go to bed now?” She slipped her hand between them, cupping his crotch.

~~~

“What is that?” Buffy couldn’t disguise the steely edge of sarcasm.

Xander snorted so hard he almost choked. “That, as you so lovingly refer to her, is Harmony. Quite possibly the longest hangover ever.”

Riley smirked. “No matter what he does, he can’t shake her.”

Buffy watched as the blonde skank made a lunge for William, pressing him against the bar. It was a full on make out session and they didn’t seem too bothered they had an audience. The girls whistled and laughed, evidently in on the secret to. Buffy felt a tightness in her stomach as she saw William wrap himself around her all too willingly.

“He doesn’t seem to be trying to shake her right now.”

Willow laughed. “He’s a man isn’t he? He’s not going to see her off until she’s seen him right.”

Tara caught Buffy’s eye, her expression concerned. Buffy shrugged. “Men huh? All the frickin’ same.” She smiled widely at Riley before draining the last of her beer. “Any chance of another?”

~~~

Buffy couldn’t remember when another had become several others but one thing she was sure of was that she felt good. Someone had piped in some music from somewhere and Buffy was dancing merrily with Riley at the end of the bar. He’d been whispering in her ear how beautiful he thought she was and along with the beer, these compliments had gone right to her head. Yes, she was a good looking woman, yes, she deserved a man who knew how to treat her right. Riley snaked his arms round her waist, pulling her closer, grinding his erection against her hip.

“You are something, Elizabeth.” He whispered hotly in her ear.

She put her hands against his chest, backing him up slightly. “Thank you, but Mr. Finn, this is just a dance.” Flirty but firm. Back off.

“Oh, I could dance with you all night.” He made another grab for her, locking his arms round her back this time so she had no space to manoeuvre.

Giggling, she pulled away, excusing herself to go to the ladies room. Geez, grabby much? He leered after her, watching her walk away. Why do men always have to get drunk and go too far? Sure, she liked Riley but for him to assume she was easy was just downright insulting. Don’t wanna go blowing the plan now do I? She would go back in, say goodbye to the girls and make a swift exit before she ended up giving Riley a swift kick. Hiccuping lightly, she wondered how she’d got drunk so fast. Surely she couldn’t have had that much. Leaning over the sink in the ladies, she swilled her face in an attempt to bring the room back into focus. She didn’t notice the door swing open behind her.

“Well hello there kitten…” William appeared at her shoulder in the mirror.

“Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth.” Her back had automatically tensed at his closeness. She could easily brush off Riley but would she be able to dismiss William as easily? His aftershave mingled with the smell of tobacco and alcohol was a heady scent. His presence was enough to send the room on another westward spiral. Trying her best to level with his gaze in the mirror, she gave him her best stony stare.

“I must say, you and Finn make a stunning couple.” He poked his tongue at her, something he wouldn’t have done in a sober state of mind.

“Wish I could say the same about you and your skank.”

“Kitten has claws…”

She swirled to face him, witty retort at the ready. Instead, she found herself captured by his ice blue eyes. He was so close that his breath warmed her cheek. He was breathing hard, his hands reaching out to grab her forearms.

“Tell me I’m not crazy.”

She swallowed hard. Unable to move but unable to look away. What a beautiful man… Suddenly, his face blurred as she felt her legs weaken beneath her. The room faded to black.
The Light in the Darkness by indigoskies
Author's Notes:
Thank you all for the wonderful reviews you have left so far, I can't tell you how happy I am that you're still enjoying this!! I had writers block on this for a while but today, my muse went mad in the sandpit so I do hope you enjoy this as much as the previous chapters.
She swirled to face him, witty retort at the ready. Instead, she found herself captured by his ice blue eyes. He was so close that his breath warmed her cheek. He was breathing hard, his hands reaching out to grab her forearms.

“Tell me I’m not crazy.”

She swallowed hard. Unable to move but unable to look away. What a beautiful man… Suddenly, his face blurred as she felt her legs weaken beneath her. The room faded to black.


~~

He paced the room, his hands raking his curls until he looked positively wild. Rupert had confirmed his worst fear – all signals indicated that her drink had been spiked. The drug itself would be long absorbed into her system yet the after effects would last into the night. She lay peacefully, unstirring. Her beautiful mane of hair splayed across his pillow, glowing in the lamplight. To him she was a goddess.

Lost in his thoughts of adoration he didn’t hear the door click open. There was a small cough from the shadows.


William looked up sharply. “Well?”

“Gone.”

“I’m going to tear him apart limb by limb.” He flexed his fists.

“One would think that he won’t be returning after tonight.”

“One may be right but I won’t be waiting on him. I’ll be hunting him down come nightfall tomorrow.”

“Do you really think that that is wise?”

“Look Rupes, I know you’re a legit, peace-loving citizen but sometimes, you have to step up. Take out the trash.”

Rupert stepped forward. “I believe that’s what the police officers are for. And also-”

“What?”

Rupert shifted slightly, his glasses catching the light as he removed them to polish them anxiously. “Isn’t this all a little extreme?”

William’s eyes flashed. “A girl got her drink spiked in my bar by one of my employees. I don’t think things can get any more extreme.” His voice rose.

Rupert remained calm and even. “And if it were any other girl, you would have trusted that the police would do their job.”

“What are you getting at?”

“What is so special about this one?” They both looked down at the unconscious girl.

William sighed, exasperated. Defeated. “I don’t know Rupes, I just don’t know.”

Rupert nodded and quietly left the room.

~~~

“Where am I?” Her voice was hoarse, her sight unfocused as she struggled to sit up and look around the room.

William, who had fallen asleep in the armchair next to the bed only an hour before, shot upright at the sound of her voice.

“Pet, you’re awake. It’s William.” He sat down next to her, stroking her hair away from her face. Her cheeks were hot and clammy.

“What happened? Where-”

“You had a bit too much to drink downstairs so I brought you up here so you could sleep it off before going home.”

“I want to go.”

“You can’t, you’re not well enough right now. In the morning, sweetheart.” He picked up a cloth from a washbowl next to the bed and wiped it gently across her face.

“But I only had a couple of drinks. Why do I feel so sick?”

William put the cloth down and laid her back down against the pillow. “We think you’re drink was tampered with. You’ve been checked out by the doc and you’re going to be ok, but right now you need to rest.”

“Riley.” Her eyes widened with realisation.

“Don’t worry, he’s going to be taken care of.” He leant over her and kissed her lightly on the forehead. “I promise.”

“Did we? How did I?” She was trembling now, tears tracking down her face.

“No. You went into the bathroom and I followed you. We were talking and then you passed out in my arms.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, I always wished I would have that effect on women until now.”

She gave him a watery smile.

“Now, I think you need some more rest then we’ll look at getting you something to eat when you feel your stomach can take it ok?” He tucked the blanket around her and sat back down in the armchair.

“I’m so hot, William.”

“Oh right. Well, erm… maybe you should undress? I mean, not like that but it might help you, you know. Must be the side-effects or something. I’ll erm, turn around yeah?”

He turned to face the armoire, biting his lip with the sheer willpower it was taking him to not look in the mirror as she peeled off her clothes. He could hear the rustling of the sheets and the thud on the carpet as she dropped her things onto the floor.

“Thank you, I’m done now.”

“Ok, right. Well, good. I’m going to go now. Leave you to it. I’ll be in the suite across the hall if you need me. I’ve left the cloth there for you if you still feel warm.” His breath hitched in his throat as he turned to look at her once more. There she was, naked in his bed with only a sheet clutched against her body concealing it from his clearly hungry gaze. “Going now.” He moved around the bed and towards the door. As he swung the door open, he was stilled by the sound of her sobs.

With all thoughts of appropriateness gone firmly out of the window, he shut the door and marched over to the bed and enfolded her in his arms.

She clung to him, her head nestled in his shoulders. “It’s all gone so wrong.”

“What has?” He rubbed small circles on her shoulder blades as her body racked with sobs.

“Tonight. Everything. I shouldn’t have come here.”

“Don’t you even dare blame yourself for what happened tonight. Riley is a sodding prick and he will get what’s coming to him, don’t you worry.”

“No, not just that. I thought I was doing the right thing.”

William murmured into her hair as she continued to cry. She wasn’t making any sense. He had no idea what she was talking about. But then how could he? He knew nothing about this girl. This girl who had blown into his life just two days ago without explanation or introduction. All he knew of her was that she captivated him. And even that, he couldn’t explain.

“You’re going to have to give me a clue here sweetheart, I’m not rightly following you.”

“I planned for everything but I never planned for you.”

He thought his heart had stopped beating. She lifted her head to look at him, sitting back slightly, the sheet still wrapped around her chest. The tears were still fresh on her face yet he didn’t think he had ever seen her looking so beautiful.

Without thinking, he ran the pad of his thumb over her swollen lips. “You have no idea what you do to me do you.”

“You’re not crazy, William.” She turned her face into his hand and closed her eyes.
My One True Love by indigoskies
He knew nothing about this girl. This girl who had blown into his life just two days ago without explanation or introduction. All he knew of her was that she captivated him. And even that, he couldn’t explain.

“You’re going to have to give me a clue here sweetheart, I’m not rightly following you.”

“I planned for everything but I never planned for you.”

He thought his heart had stopped beating. She lifted her head to look at him, sitting back slightly, the sheet still wrapped around her chest. The tears were still fresh on her face yet he didn’t think he had ever seen her looking so beautiful.

Without thinking, he ran the pad of his thumb over her swollen lips. “You have no idea what you do to me do you.”

“You’re not crazy, William.” She turned her face into his hand and closed her eyes.


~~~

A sharp rap on the door broke the moment.

“What is it?” He couldn’t help but bark at the door, frustrated that once again, something else had interrupted them.

Rupert coughed nervously from the hallway. ‘Mr. Thorndale, I’d like a word with you if I may.”

Elizabeth was nuzzling his palm, her eyes still wide with the intensity of her recent admittance.

“I’ll be back in a minute, pet.” He leant forward and brushed his lips lightly across her forehead. “I promise.”

As he stepped out into the corridor, Buffy blinked rapidly. Her head was beginning to clear. Sure, the room was tilting slightly but the reality of her situation was about to hit hard.

Her plan had gone so far awry she had actually forgot what she was doing but somehow, she had ended up naked in the bed of her boyfriend’s business partner who had no clue as to who she really was or what she was doing moonlighting as a maid. What alarmed her even more was that she was comfortable with this development. William wasn’t crazy. She felt it to but to give in to it would cost them a far higher price than either of them could afford to pay. She slipped out from under the sheet and hurriedly back into her clothes. She was almost done when the door opened once more.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He was indignant now. Why the hell did the bint keep bolting?

“Home. This is just bad. All bad. I’m sorry for all the trouble I’ve caused but don’t worry; you’re well and truly rid of me now. I’m gone. See, I’m going.” She pointed at the door for emphasis as she edged over towards it.

“Are you out of your bloody mind? What the hell is going on?” He was shouting now. “What are you trying to do to me?”

“Nothing. I’m not trying to do anything. But something is going on and it has to stop right now.”

“But why, why does it have to stop? You told me I wasn’t crazy. You feel it to, don’t you? I see it in your eyes.”

“I’m seeing someone, that’s why.” Dammit. Shit.

His voice cracked as he spoke. “Do you love him?”

She paused, contemplating coming clean once and for all. But what would that achieve? They still couldn’t be together even if William knew she was Angel’s girlfriend. Albeit soon to be ex. Her super ‘plan’ and its disastrous failure had put an end to any possibility of them becoming anything at all. “That’s really beside the point.”

“Beg to differ. If you loved him, if you felt anything real for him you wouldn’t be like how you are with me… you wouldn’t have come back here after yesterday. But you did come back and you told me you feel just like I do.”

“It’s not just that, William. You don’t know me. Not really. Sure, you’re attracted to me but you don’t know anything about me. You can’t. This ends here and it ends now.”

“I know that if you walk out of this room now we’ll regret not knowing what could be for the rest of our lives.”

She looked at him then. Really looked at him. The curls of his hair, the strong line of his jaw, the soul beyond the ice of his eyes. It was then that she realised that she was really seeing him. The real William. And he was begging her in a screaming silence to not leave him, to not break his heart. She felt her own heart shatter as she spoke.

“Then so be it.”

~~~

Six weeks later…

The slamming of the front door awoke her from her already restless sleep. He was late again. She should count herself lucky he had come at all if his recent form had been anything to go by. Since her encounter with William, she had returned home to the life she had planned to escape without a single complaint. Faith told her she needed her head testing if she was to let him get away with seeing his floozies. Buffy agreed with her but somehow, her fight had disappeared.

She thought it might be a guilt complex, that she deserved it after she had almost done something as bad as Angel. And even then, Angel was fucking around – not falling in love, which in her book was an even deeper betrayal. That didn’t make her any better than him. Falling in love. She knew as soon as she had left that hotel room that she had fallen. And she hadn’t noticed until she had already fallen down the well and landed in wonderland. But it was a forbidden place, a temptation to which she could never give in. She had to make it work with Angel now. For all their sakes. Hers, Angel’s and baby’s. She simply had no choice.

~~~

I'd just like to say a big thank you, yes again, for the lovely reviews you've all posted. This fic has taken on a life of its own despite my best efforts to plan... so its big case of suck it and see for all of us, I'm just writing what the muse tells me to! He went on strike when I tried to make this story do what I originally intended. But now the muse is back behind the wheel and he's doing things his way so I do hope you'll stick with me and find out what's going to happen next!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=24738