Unexpected by Bloody_Hell
Summary: An unexpected visitor comes to Sunnydale to kill the slayer and raise a little hell...and joining up with Angelus to take her down. Normal right? Not really...because this hell raiser is only eight years old. *dum dum duuuuum*
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 23988 Read: 16617 Published: 02/18/2007 Updated: 11/09/2009

1. Big Things Come In Small Packages by Bloody_Hell

2. Midnight snack by Bloody_Hell

3. I Told You So by Bloody_Hell

4. Changes by Bloody_Hell

5. Deja Vu by Bloody_Hell

6. Who Am I? by Bloody_Hell

7. Show Me by Bloody_Hell

8. Telling It All by Bloody_Hell

9. Learning The Ropes by Bloody_Hell

10. Nightmares by Bloody_Hell

11. Feel Mine by Bloody_Hell

12. Dreams by Bloody_Hell

13. Second Try by Bloody_Hell

14. Just a Project! by Bloody_Hell

15. I'm Glad You Told Her by Bloody_Hell

16. We Can Do That by Bloody_Hell

Big Things Come In Small Packages by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry about the long wait for "Good Enough" i'm having a bit of writers block. but in the meantime i've got another story for you. please review!! i had a lot of fun with this one and i'd like to know what you think!
Chapter 1: Big Things Come In Small Packages

Angelus circled the little girl that stood in the empty room of the mansion. With both hands clasped behind his back, he observed her. She has just stepped in from the night, asking for shelter. She claimed to have lost her mother and couldn’t find her way home; begging for his help. Usually he would have snapped her neck and fed off her, but something kept him from doing so.

Angelus bent down and sniffed her casually. “You’re not human.” He stated, stopping in front of her.

“Guess I can drop the whole ‘lost my mom’ act then, right?” she joked with a small smile.

“You’re a vampire.”

“Yup! Long time coming now.” She walked past him and threw herself onto the couch in the nest room, knowing he’d follow her.

As she predicted, he did and leaned against the door jab, with his arms crossed. “So what? A decade?” he mocked the child with a condescending smile and raise of his eyebrows.

“Ha! I’m older than you are, Angelus.” She stood up and walked towards him. “315 years I’ve walked the earth. I settled in Russia with my sire. We kept a low profile.” Angelus scoffed. “Come on! I mean really…an eight year old girl with what looks to be a man in his early 30’s going on killing sprees…very easy to be tracked down.”

“So why are you here?” he asked, standing straight. “Coming to Sunnydale…the Hellmouth? Not a very good place to go if you don’t want to be noticed.”

“I want to take down the slayer.” The little girl stated with determination; her arms crossed.

“Yeah…okay.” Angelus walked away and back into the other room.

“What, you don’t think I can do it?” she challenged, chasing after the younger vampire.

“You obviously know nothing about Buffy. I’ve been trying to kill her for months now!” Angelus countered angrily.

“And it’s not working because she knows who you are.” The male vampire whipped around to look at her with a surprised expression. “Yeah, that’s right. I do know a thing or two…like when you had that soul of yours, she was the love of your unlife. I know the reason you’re Angelus again instead of that brooding, sorry excuse for a vampire, Angel is because she screwed your soul away.” She finished with a chuckle.

“Hey! Little girls like yourself shouldn’t be using such foul language!” he taunted condescendingly.

With a growl of rage, she kicked him hard in the shin. “Ow! That actually hurt.” He rubbed the sore spot and glared at the girl. “What’s your name anyway?” he asked, straightening again.

“I go by Katya…now Angelus, if you want the slayer dead you are going to have to co-operate with me. Looking like this gives me a few advantages, but I can’t do it alone. I could have gone to some other master vampire, like Spike for instance…but the fact that you know her as a slayer and a girl makes this job easier.” Katya looked up at him and waited for an answer.

“A-ha! That’s one thing you don’t know! Spike teamed up with the Slayer and her little gang. He’s a white hat now it’s disgusting!” Angelus had a look of disgust on his face as he spoke of his grandchilde.

Katya ignored the second part of his rant. “She has a gang?” she asked with annoyance.

“Yeah: a witch, a watcher, a werewolf and now a vampire.”

“Fine, we have to eliminate them too. Are you in or not?” at his hesitant look she added, “Pleeeeeease?” Katya looked up at the male vampire with puppy-dog eyes shimmering with tears. She pulled on his sleeve, and pouted at him.

“Fine!” Angelus pulled his arm free with a sigh. “But if she stakes you, it’s your fault.”

“She won’t. Not with this.” Katya pulled out a silver necklace with a small ruby pendant the size of a pea, dangling from it. “With this…she won’t even know I’m a vampire.” A sly smile broke out on her face.

* * * * *

Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang sat in the living room scattered everywhere. They were discussing what there were going to do about Angelus. Joyce was out of town for a week for a gallery showing in New York, so Buffy was able to host this meeting.

“He’s planning something. Why else would he be in hiding.” Concluded Buffy; munching on some popcorn from the bowl on the table.

“Maybe he’s scared.” Xander suggested. “I mean I would be if I had a slayer on my back, intent on killing me.”

Spike spoke for the first time that night. He was leaning against the frame of the door, looking calm and uncaring. “That’s because you’re human. Angelus doesn’t get scared. The slayer doesn’t scare him, if anything the thought of a fight with her would give him a happy.” At that Buffy and the others faces scrunched in disgust. Spike turned to Buffy, looking her straight in the eyes. “He knows you Buffy: the slayer and the girl. He knows how you work, and he will use it against you.”

“Well she knows him too. They spent a whole year together.” Willow claimed her voice strong and sure of herself.

“Nooo…she knows Angel; not Angelus. You have to remember, Slayer, that’s not who his is anymore. He’s a cruel, sadistic asshole that will kill anyone in his way to take you down…he’s not your lover-boy anymore and-” Spike’s speech was cut off by the knock on the door.

Everyone looked at each other with frowns. Everyone was already here. Xander counted the people in the room and came up blank.

Buffy stood and walked past Spike to answer the door. Opening the door, she looked down to see a little girl standing in front of her with tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Please help me. I lost my mom…and I don’t know how to get home; it’s too dark. Please, I’m so scared.” The little girl mumbled out through deep sobs.

Buffy looked down at her with sympathy. The little girl looked so much like Buffy did when she was young: blonde hair, button nose, and cute pink lips. The only difference was her eyes were bright blue, instead of green. Buffy got lost once when she was a little girl, and she remembered how terrified she was. “Yeah, sure. Come on in.” Buffy moved out of the way to let the trembling girl inside the house.

Easier than I thought. Katya thought to herself, giving the slayer a small smile that looked to be thankful.


please review!!!!
Midnight snack by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the long wait but here's chapter # 2!!!! hope you like it...please review!
Chapter 2: Midnight Snack

Katya was led into the living room, and forced herself to look afraid and uncomfortable by the others in the room. This is the group of losers that keep Angelus from killing the slayer? she asked herself with disbelief. They looked like a bunch of losers, save Spike, who if she looked older would have jumped in two seconds flat. Getting back into character, Katya hugged her arms around herself, forcing tears to her eyes.

She felt Buffy walk in the room, standing slightly behind her. Katya moved behind the older blonde, and gripped her shirt in her tiny hands sheltering herself from the others in the room.

Buffy smiled sadly, knelt down and turned towards the little girl. “What’s you’re name, sweetie?” Buffy ghosted a hand over the girl’s golden locks in a comforting manner.

“Katie.” Katya replied shyly. She decided to give them a different name so they wouldn’t figure out who she really was.

“Katie…I’m Buffy. And these are my friends. We’re gonna help you find your mom okay.” Buffy said with a smile.

Willow frowned sympathetically when she saw the lone tear fall down Katie’s cheek. She looked so lost. It was horrible to think of how scared she must be and how worried her parents are. She made a promise to herself that she would be total research girl, and made sure that this little girl got home. Angelus was obviously not making a move anytime soon, so it’s not like they had any other priorities.

* * * * *

Katya got settled into the Summer’s home, and watched cautiously as they either looked on the Internet searching for Katie’s parents, of secretly talking to each other. Buffy and the older man which she assumed was her watcher were quietly talking in the corner, while the red head, and the shorter red headed guy were sitting by the computer. She could tell that the red head was the witch. She gave the 315-year-old vampire tingles; she felt the magic radiating off her. The boy was the werewolf. She could smell it. Werewolf had this distinct smell to vampires…a faint smell of wet dog, and forest. Spike was leaning casually against the doorframe, playing with the unlit cigarette in his hand.

“Hey!” the brown haired boy greeted with a big smile. “I’m Xander. You don’t have to worry, my friends will find your mom.” He said, sweetly.

Katya smiled back, but chuckled inside knowing that no matter how hard they tried they would never find Tatyana and Sasha Dushkov in the database. Those were her parent’s names before she killed them.

“In the meantime…how bout we watch a movie, huh? We’ve got Finding Nemo!” Xander continued enthusiastically. It was almost too much for her.

She couldn’t belief that this kid was asking if she wanted to watch a baby movie. This was torture! But she knew that she had to lead on that she was just a child so she went along with it. She waited reluctantly as he popped in the video and watched the beginning credits start up.

This is hell! she thought to herself as the stupid little fish on the screen moved around. This sucks… Katya pouted.

All she had to do was wait out the night. She would wait until everyone in the house had gone to sleep then she would kill the slayer and all her friends. The only problem was…she was starting to get hungry. The guy she ate before she got here not enough to quench her thirst for the night.

She eyed the brunette boy beside her and thought he would do, but it would have been too obvious. So she let it go for now.

* * * * *
Willow kept searching the net, but still coming up blank. She turned to Buffy with a sad expression. “I can’t seem to find anything Buffy. Her parents aren’t in the database. Maybe they just moved here or something…” the witch suggested.

Buffy sighed, and ran a hand through her hair. “Okay well, we’ll have to do this the old fashion way then. Go door to door; see if anyone might know who she is. She couldn’t have gotten very far. But it’s gonna have to wait until tomorrow…I need to patrol. The cemetery is crawling with vamps tonight…we’ll need to be in two groups.” She devised with a big yawn.

Willow noticed this and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Why don’t you stay home tonight? The rest of us can handle patrol. This whole Angelus thing wiping you out…you need some rest.”

“You know, I really do. You guys really don’t mind?” Buffy asked hesitantly.

“Yeah! Don’t worry about it…we got it all under control.” The red head said enthusiastically.

* * * * *

Katya thought about the ruby hanging around her neck. The treasure of Fayina. This was the smartest thing she had ever thought of. She had found it centuries ago in Varna, Bulgaria right on the coast of the Black sea. There was a dark magicks coven situated near the shore, and she traveled through four countries to get there. She stole the expensive jewel, and borrowed black magick from one of the witches. It put her in a state of immense power for a few months, before the magick wore off.

If she wore the ruby, she was pretty much immune to all the vampire restrictions. She could step into sunlight, walk freely among vampires, demons, and slayers without any detection, and have heat radiate through her body. There was one catch though. She could not show her vampire guise while wearing the necklace, thus not be able to feed. Her strength was lacking some, and she was easier to hurt. If she wanted to fight or feed she had to take off the necklace prior to.

About half an hour later, Katya watched as the group of white hats secretly grabbed weapons, tucking them into their coats, or slipping them into their bags. She watched as Buffy came to crouch down in front of her by the couch.

“My friends are just gonna be stepping out for a bit okay.” She said softly. “But I’ll still be here. They’re going to see if they can find your parents, so we can get you home alright?” All Katya did was nod. Buffy stood again, held her hand out to the little girl. “Come on…I’ll make up a room for you to sleep for the night.” Katya, reluctantly, grabbed the slayer’s hand and followed her up the stairs and into a room.

This was her room. She could smell it. Buffy smiled, and told her she would be just down the hall if she needed anything before saying goodnight and closing the door.

Katya, walked farther into the room, and sat down on the slayer’s bed. She sat in the room silently, listening hard for Buffy’s breathing to regulate, signaling the teenage blonde was asleep.

With a smile, Katya climbed off the bed, and quietly stepped into Buffy’s room. She tried to keep her mouth from drooling at the smell of the slayer’s blood pulsating regularly. Reaching behind her neck, Katya unclasped the necklace from around her neck and crept closer to the bed. She nimbly tucked it into the back pocket of her jeans.

She let her fangs descend and the bones in her face shift, preparing her self to strike.

* * * * *

Spike walked back into the Summer’s house about an hour and a half after they all left. Him and Xander got in a little bit of a fight, and Spike decided to continue patrolling somewhere else for another half hour before heading back to the house.

Closing the door softly behind him, trying his best not to wake up Buffy. He knew she’d been worn out as of late, and he didn’t want to disrupt what could be the best sleep she’s had since this whole Angelus thing.

He headed up the steps two at a time, ready to draw up a bath for the slayer. Stupid git. Drawing a bath…since when are you her lap dog? Spike chided himself. Ever since she flashed you that gorgeous smile one month ago.
Spike had started falling for her just about a moth ago. Buffy and him were sparring in the cemetery; he was trying to train her for the big fight she would enviably happen.

He kicked her square in the chest, and she flew backwards, and hit the ground hard on her back. She groaned as she tried to get up and it caught Spike’s attention, and he ran over to her.

“You okay, pet?” he asked concerned. He really never meant to hurt her…he thought she could take it.

Without warning, Buffy flung her leg out, and knocked the bleach blonde vampire right off his feet and sprawled out on the grass beside her. “Perfectly fine.” The two lay there for about a minute, catching their breath. And that’s when it happened. She lolled her head to the side to look at him. A 100-watt smile lit up her face, before she jumped to her feet, and reached down, holding out her hand for him to grab. He did and the two continued the rest of their sparring with smirks and beautiful smiles.

On his way into the bathroom, spike heard a noise from inside Buffy’s room. He snuck into the dark room, and smelt something. Vampire. Who the hell could get into the house? He heard a faint snarl, and focused on the figure standing over Buffy. Without a second thought he lunged at it, and tackled it to the floor, pinning the vampire under him; the very small body…the very small female body. What the hell?

“Spike what the hell are you doing?” Buffy asked horrified, after shooting out of bed. “You could have hurt her.” Buffy scrambled out of bed and reached out to the little girl when she saw her face. Buffy reeled back.

Spike looked down at the so-called little girl, and watched as her face shifted back to normal. Spike was temporarily shocked, and that gave Katya the opportunity to buck the other vampire off of her and jump to her feet.

Spike stood up as well. And both vampire and slayer prepared to fight, but were never given the chance. Katya, smiled sweetly. “Guess you found me out. Well…this will be fun.” And before either Buffy or Spike could stop her she ran and jumped through the window, and landed neatly on her feet, breaking into a run.

Buffy glanced at Spike with worry in her eyes. “Totally not what I expected.”

Spike nodded absently.
I Told You So by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
yay i'm soo happy i have finally updated all my stories! hope you enjoy! and please review!
Chapter 3: I Told You So

Katya burst in through the mansion’s door, and made her way into the living area. There she saw Angelus sitting by the fireplace reading a book. Without lifting his eyes off the page he said in a singsong voice. “I told you so.” He smirked, and closed the book, and stood up. “Buffy and her little gang of warriors found you out didn’t they?” The vampire asked with a smug tone.

“I was so fucking close! I was inches from her neck when that stupid bleached Billy Idol wannabe vampire tackled me to the ground! ARGGH, I could be drinking from the slayer’s neck right now if it wasn’t for him.” She kicked the leg of a table and broke it causing the table to collapse. “FUCK!”

“Hey!” Angelus said sternly. “Now what did I say about young girls like you using such foul language?” he taunted, trying to keep a straight face.

Completely ignoring his comment, Katya turned to him. “There has to be another way.”

Angelus got an evil gleam in his eyes and a wicked smirk grew on his face. “Oh there is…and I know just how to do it.”

* * * * *

Spike, Buffy and the rest of the gang sat around in the kitchen in silence, processing what had happened earlier.

“She was so young…she couldn’t be a vampire.” Xander stated naively.

“It doesn’t matter how old she was…that’s what she was I could smell it.” Spike insisted with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Who would do that? Kill a little girl and turn her into a vampire?” Xander continued to ask to no one in particular.

“Another vampire, maybe.” Willow said, her voice full of sarcasm. “They’re evil remember? They don’t care how old you are…the younger the better.”

Giles snatched his glasses of his face and proceeded to clean them with the cloth he pulled out of his coat pocket. “What I don’t understand is where she came from. She seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. Spike you haven’t heard anything in the demon world about a child vampire, did you?” he asked glancing up at his fellow Englishman.

“Nope…nothing. And even if rumors were going around, nobody tells me anything anymore. Too afraid I’m gonna leak it to blondie over here, and blow their cover.” Spike declared nodding his head towards Buffy.

It was silent for a few seconds before Buffy finally spoke up. “She didn’t pop up out of the blue. She’s working for someone. I don’t know who but she couldn’t possibly think she could take me down on her own.”

“Maybe she’s working for Angelus.” Oz suggested.

“No…Angelus would want to kill her on his own. He wouldn’t send someone else to do it.” Xander dismissed with a wave of his hand.

“Unless he didn’t think she could do it in the first place.” Spike concluded with a thoughtful frown.

Buffy glanced at him, and furrowed her brow. “What do you mean?”

“I mean…maybe Angelus knew that this vampire couldn’t kill you on her own, and was just messing around with her. Angelus is a sick bastard and his torture isn’t only limited to humans. She failed and he knew she would. He challenged her to a mission he knew she couldn’t complete.” Spike smiled almost fondly. “That bloody ponce. He’s done it to me more than once.”

“So what do we do now?” Willow asked with worry etched on her face.
“Right now, all we can really do is wait until he makes another move. Sit tight…get prepared. We’ll have to do a dis-invite spell on Katie-if that’s even her real name-and make sure that all of our houses are secured…maybe do some kind of magic protection thingy. Willow…are you up for it?” Buffy asked turning to her red headed friend.

“Oh yeah! For sure…I’ll start right now.” Willow left the kitchen and headed into the living room to grab the spell book.

“Great. Spike…we can start training in the basement.” At his nod, Buffy continued. “Xander, Oz, Giles…” she trailed off with a sorry frown.

“Research. Got it.” Xander said reluctantly. The others nodded, Oz indifferently, and Giles enthusiastically.

“Anything you can find on a vampire turned as a child. Um, cross-reference that with Russia.” At the weird looks that she got from everyone in the room, she clarified. “Her name…and her parents’ name. Sasha and Tatyana Dushkov? Those are as Russian as they come. Maybe something will come up.” Spinning around she turned to Spike. “Let’s go.”

Buffy and Spike walked down to the basement, and Xander, Oz, and Giles headed into the living room, passing Willow who was chanting by the door.

* * * * *

Buffy grunted as she threw punch after Spike at Spike and he blocked each one with ease.

“Come on now, slayer. You’re off your game.” Spike announced.

“I…know!” Buffy admitted, having yet another punch blocked. She sighed loudly and collapsed on the cot against the wall. “I don’t know why but I can’t seem to get in the zone right now.”

Spike sat down next to her and glanced at her with her head in her hands. “Well you better start getting in the zone bloody soon because the scariest thing that you’ll ever come up against is planning to kill you right now.” Buffy glanced up at him, with a look of defeat clear on her face. “Your ex-boyfriend is your worst enemy. And I know that it’s hard…but you have to fight. You have to beat him. So get up…shake it off…and throw a soddin’ descent punch at me!”

Buffy stood up and shook out her arms taking a deep breath. Spike stood up as well and while he was turning to face the blonde, a hard fist was flying at his nose. “Arrgh!” Spike stumbled back, falling to the floor and brought his hand to his now bleeding nose. “Bloody hell.” She grunted under his breath.

Buffy chuckled at him on the ground. “That decent enough for you?”

Spike stood up and wiped his nose. A smirk grew on his face and he strode over to her. “Keep ‘em comin’ Slayer.” The two fell into a dance that looked almost choreographed. It was a blur of punches and kicks, spins and turns.

Buffy couldn’t help but notice how sexy Spike looked when he fought. He moved his body like a feline, graceful and elegant. Never once did he look sloppy or amateur. Stop Buffy! You’re going to lose your concentration. Why are you thinking of Spike that way anyway? Buffy thought to herself. What? You’re just complimenting his fighting skills. another part of her argued. Oh yeah? And what part of his fighting skills includes his sexiness?

Buffy stopped her mind ramblings and keep her mind focused on the fight.

* * * * *

Angelus glared at the short old man in the back room of Willie’s bar. “And you’re sure this is going to work?”

“I’m a-a-absolutely p-positive.” The old man stuttered, fear plain on his face.

“That s-s-s-stutter…isn’t very reassuring.” Angelus mocked at first then turned stern, and stepped closer to him.

“I’m sure.” The man said with more confidence.

“Good. I’d hate to have to kill you for being dishonest.” Angelus stated slipping the piece of paper into his back pocket.

The old man visibly relaxed, his shoulders dropping with relief. It was short lived when Angelus grabbed the side of his head in his palms, and twisted is sharply to the right.

He collapsed to the ground in a heap, and the vampire looked down at the dead body with a tilt of his head and an evil grin. “But…I’m not opposed to it.”

Angelus turned around and walked out of the bar, and into the night. “Now…it’s dinner time. I think I’m in the mood for take out.” The vampire headed towards the Bronze for some hot-blooded teenagers to suck dry.
Changes by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
thank you everyone for reviewing...here's a present...chapter 4!
A/N: heeeey! i really wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been reading my stories and reviewing regularily. I really do appreciate it and love hearing your opinions. I know that it took me a long time to update a while back...but now i'm in the swing of things again and i should be updating either daily or every other day...maybe every three days if i'm really busy. I'm really starting to get into this story now and it has become my baby...my other baby grew up so i had to start a new one lol. thanks again and please review!






Chapter 4: Changes


Buffy twirled her stake with her fingers while she patrolled the east side of the large cemetery. Spike was patrolling the west side, and the back streets around the edge of the cemetery grounds.

Buffy turned around the corner of a crypt and looked up when she saw a figure stumbling through the tombstones…clutching at its chest.

Acting on instinct, Buffy ran towards to help and came to a sudden stop when she realized who it was. Angelus. She thought to herself with disgust.

Angelus dropped unceremoniously to the grass; looking drained and nothing like the brutally evil vampire that has been haunting her.

The vampire breathed heavily despite how unnecessary it was; his head hung gazing blankly at the ground. Slowly he lifted his head up and stared at Buffy with stunned eyes. “Buffy?” His voice was soft, and gently…barely heard by the blonde slayer. “Oh God Buffy…”

Buffy’s eyes widened with clarity. “Angel?” She stood there shocked, that the love of her life was kneeling in front of her…tears falling freely from his eyes.

“I’m so sorry, Buffy. I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to…”Angel trailed off burying his head in his hands. He continued to mumble and ramble on until Buffy crouched down in front of him.

“Angel…it’s okay come on. Stand up.” The slayer pulled the distraught vampire to his feet and brought him into a nearby crypt.

She sat him down on the sarcophagus and checked him for injuries cautiously. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

“No.” his voice was just above a whisper.

When Buffy finished checking him, and looking him over she gazed at him amazed. “How did this happen?”

“I don’t know…I-I…Angelus was fighting a wizard and then all of a sudden he started chanting and t-there was this light. I felt wiped…but Buffy…my soul, it’s back.” Angel explained his deep brown eyes appearing to be so sincere. He reached for her arm, and held it gently in his grip to grab her attention. “Whatever I did as Angelus…I’m sorry. You know I would never hurt you.”

“I know Angel…but you did.” She pulled his hand off her arm and turned away from him and walked to the other side of the crypt, putting distance between them. She never thought that this could happen.

Angel getting soul back? I didn’t even know there were Gypsies in Sunnydale. Buffy thought to herself. As it said in the ancient volumes on Angelus: Gypsies performed the curse on Angelus and only they know they incantation to re-ensoul him. So how did a lowly wizard know the incantation?

Buffy quickly whipped around only to find Angel standing right in front of her. She gasped and placed a hand to her heart. “Geez Angel, don’t do that. You scared me.”

“Really? Well that’s always good.” The vampire said with a small smirk growing on his lips.

Buffy frowned at him, and backed away as he moved closer. Her back hit the wall and she was trapped. “You lied…” she whispered trying hard to suppress the tears coming to her eyes.

“It’s what I do best. And the Oscar goes to…!” Angelus stated dramatically; a big grin on his face. “Damn Buff…you really are as naïve as I thought. Thinking that your boy toy was back, and you’d finally have that all consuming, passion-filled love you’ve been longing for.” Angelus laughed condescendingly. “And even if he was back…you think he would go back to you…after that last night?” the vampire asked cruelly whispering it in her ear.

Buffy was shaking with fear, anger, and heartache. She tried not to cry…not to let him see her vulnerable, or anymore vulnerable than he’s already seen her.

Trying to salvage what was left of her dignity, Buffy straightened her back and tilted her head up to look at him. “If it was so bad…how come he had his true moment of happiness? Not as sharp as you use to be, are you Angelus?” the blonde slayer questioned with snide lacing her words.

Buffy gave him a quick shove, and Angelus swiftly grabbed her arms and twisted her around, crossing her limbs over her chest, and pulling her back flush to the front of his body. He pulled on both of her wrists, making it hard for her to breath, as she struggled hard to get free.

“Ooh…I love it when they squirm.” He said chuckling when Buffy immediately stopped. “What? Don’t want to please daddy?”

“You’re disgusting!” Buffy spat, wishing hard for Spike to come and help her.

Angelus squeezed her around her ribcage, a crack being heard in the empty crypt, followed by a short cry or pain from Buffy’s throat.

“Yeah I am,” he whispered in her ear. “And I’m sure you’re delicious.” He declared lowering his head to the supple flesh of her tanned neck. His bones shifted, and fangs elongated.

Finally… the brunette vampire thought to himself before piercing her throat with his fangs, and taking the first deep pull of Slayer’s blood.







A/N: I’m sorry I had to leave it at that…I got to keep you guys interested somehow. Lol. Please review!!! Love you all. *Muah*
Deja Vu by Bloody_Hell
Chapter 5: Déjà Vu

“You’re disgusting!” Buffy spat, wishing hard for Spike to come and help her.

Angelus squeezed her around her ribcage, a crack being heard in the empty crypt, followed by a short cry or pain from Buffy’s throat. “Yeah I am,” he whispered in her ear. “And I’m sure you’re delicious.” He declared lowering his head to the supple flesh of her tanned neck. His bones shifted, and fangs elongated.

Finally… the brunette vampire thought to himself before piercing her throat with his fangs, and taking the first deep pull of Slayer’s blood.

Buffy’s body tensed when she felt Angelus’ fangs penetrate the skin on her neck, and a silent scream tore from her throat, her eyes tightly closed as she waited for death to come. Angelus pulled harder from her neck squeezing her harder, wringing as much of her blood out of her body at once as he could. He glanced up when the door of the crypt burst open and struck the cement wall with a loud bang.

Dropping Buffy’s lifeless body to the ground with a thump, he confronted the intruder with a bloody smile. “Spike…it’s nice seeing you again. Come to save the slayer? Well you’re a little late.” He stated using his boot-covered foot to roll the blonde over to reveal her pale face.

Spike glanced down at Buffy with a shocked look. There was no way that he’d leave her here dead or not. Taking a moment to glare at Angelus, Spike rushed towards the slayer lifted her deftly and swiftly into his arms and ran out of the crypt. Angelus chuckled in their departed, wiping the blood from his lips and licking it clean off his fingers.

* * * * *

Spike raced towards the nearest hospital. He could feel her pulse still, very faintly but there. He couldn’t let it happen again. He couldn’t lose another slayer…not like this. Especially Buffy. His rage towards Angelus and his concern for the blonde girl in his arms gave him the encouragement to move faster.

Bursting in through the doors of the hospital emergency, he drew the attention of several people, nurses and doctors in the building. “I need some help! She lost a lot of blood.”

A nurse ran up and walked him into an E.R. “What happened?”

Spike placed her body carefully on the bed.” She needs blood.”

The nurse put a comforting hand on Spike’s shoulder. “Try to stay calm…we’re going to take care of her.” She shrunk away when Spike pulled viciously away from her touch.

Spike kept his eyes trained on Buffy as he watched the doctors check her over. “Something bit her. She needs a transfusion.”

“You found her?” the doctor asked, glancing at him quickly.

“Yes.”

“Was she conscious?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?” the doctor asked.

“I’m sure.”

The doctor started calling orders to the nurses. “Okay. I need a type. I need cross-match. Get her on two lines of Wringer's lactate, and watch for hypovolemic shock.” The doctor turned towards Spike again and looked him in the eye. “Tell me: What – happened?”

A little flustered, Spike sighed out impatiently. “Something bit her. I don’t know what.”

“Okay. I need a rabies shot treatment.” Ordered the doctor. “Any allergies?”

Spike, clearly upset and at the end of his endurance, broke the handle clear off the door effortlessly, and threw it across the room. “Just help her.” He growled out in a low threatening voice. Spike was trying hard to keep his demon from rearing its head, and the veins in his neck and forehead were popping out in his effort.

The doctors and nurses stunned in shock just stared at him for a second before one of the doctors spoke up staring at the hole that was now in the door. “You two been doing drugs?” when Spike just continued to glare at him he continued. “You want her to live, you have to be straight with me.”

“She’s clean.” The blonde vampire stated through clenched teeth.

“All right. Wait outside. Let us work.” The doctor declared with a little fear in his voice.

“A phone?”

“Right out there.” One of the nurses pointed out to the payphone around the corner by the entrance of the hospital.

Casting one more glance at Buffy, and the doctors quickly working on her, he stocked out of the room and towards the phone. He needed to call Giles.

* * * * *

Angelus walked back onto the mansion with a bounce in his step and a song in his un-beating heart. He whistled a jaunty tune as he entered the living area and noticed Katya standing outside in the garden. With a smile he walked over and stood beside her.

She glanced up at him and frowned at the happy and smug smile on his face. “What’s that about?” she asked crossing her arms over her small chest.

“What’s what about?” he asked back feigning innocence as he rocked back and forth on his heels with his hands links behind his back.

“That smile. Stop…it’s creepy.”

“Oh it’s nothing…I just killed the slayer.” He claimed nonchalantly with a shrug.

“Yeah…okay.” Katya giggled turning around and going back inside to sit by the fireplace.

“I did.” He insisted. He followed her in and stood in front of her. “Played the whole: Lost puppy…‘I got my soul back’ trick. And she fell for it just like I thought she would. And now…she’s dead.”

* * * * *

In the white room of the hospital, Buffy lay pale on the blue-sheet cover bed. An intravenous in one of her arms feeding her nutrition and another tube supplying her with blood. A steady beep sounded every two seconds indicating her heartbeat.

Buffy’s eyes shot open, wide and wild. She tried to remember the last thing that happened. Where was she? Why was she here? What was her name? Who was she?



A/N: dun dun dun….sorry for the late update. Anyways hope you liked chapter 5 please review!!!!
Who Am I? by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the late update...i hope you like this chapter. please leave reviews!
Chapter 6: Who Am I?

The nurse came in as soon as Buffy was awake and started to check her vitals. “How are you doing? Wow…you recovered a lot quicker than we thought you would. Must be a miracle.” The nurse said with a smile.

“Why am I here?” Buffy asked hesitantly, her throat dry and soar from lack of speech. She looked around and took in the white walls and hospital machinery.

“You lost a lot of blood. You’re boyfriend brought you in saying you were bitten by an unknown creature.” The dark haired woman looked over her papers that were attached to a clipboard that sat in a holder at the end of her bed.

Buffy frowned intensely scanning her mind for anything. “I don’t remember having a boyfriend. I don’t remember anything!” she cried frantically. “Why don’t I remember…I mean I should know if I have a boyfriend or not, right?! I don’t even know where I live or my family-if I even have a family! What’s my name…I don’t even know my name! How the hell am I suppose to remember anything if I don’t even know my own name?!” she shouted, tears falling down her cheeks. Her face got red with the force of her sobs, and the nurse tried desperately to calm her down.

She quickly called for a doctor to come in and gave her a sedative for the time being. Buffy struggled against the doctors who were trying to hold her down to give her the drugs and managed to pull herself free. Reacting quickly, a nurse strapped her to the bed, and her doctor injected her with the sedative.

The dose did nothing to calm her down, and she continued to thrash against the restraints. She screamed and begged to be let go. “The drugs aren’t calming her down…we need to give her another dose.” Buffy yanked her arms out of the restraints, and pulled away from the doctors. Running on pure adrenaline, the blonde ran out of the room and sprinted towards the exit. She was stopped by a strong grip on her arm pulling her back.

“Get off of me! Let me go please!” She tried to get away from him but he was much strong than her. He held her in place holding her chin and forcing her to look at him.

“Buffy, Buffy! Look at me! It’s okay…it’s me. You’re safe now okay?” She had kept her eyes closed, but she started to calm down when she heard his soothing voice. “Buffy…please look at me.” She slowly opened her eyes to look right into bright blue ones. “That a girl. You okay? You had me worried.” Spike smiled and tucked her hair behind her ears.

Frowning in confusion, Buffy tilted her head to the side. “Are you my boyfriend?”

“Excuse me?” Spike choked out.

“The nurse said that my boyfriend brought me in…is that you?” she asked again innocently.

“Do you not know who I am? Do you know who you are?” Spike asked growing more worried by the second. This cannot be happening.

Buffy had calmed down quite a bit and by this time the doctors and nurses that were in her room had come out and watched the interaction between the two blondes. “Well I’m obviously a girl, judging by these…” she joked glancing down at her breasts. “And my name is apparently Buffy…which by the way, who in their right mind would name their daughter Buffy?” she asked with a flustered look.

“You don’t remember anything else? Nothing at all?” Spike asked.

“No…nothing.” Buffy said in a small voice. “It’s like I try and think of things but my mind is complete blank.” Tears grew in her eyes, and at that point a doctor came up to the both of them.

“Sir, we’re going to have to run some tests on her, and keep her here for the next 24 hours. You’re welcome to stay until visiting hours are over.” The doctor commented. He placed a hand gently on Buffy’s back to guide her back into the hospital room.

Buffy’s eyes grew with panic. “Can’t I just go home…?” the blonde turned to the sexy man with blue eyes. “I do have a home, right?” at his nod, she turned back to the doctor and continued. “I’m feeling fine, really…and I have this weird feeling that I don’t like hospitals.” She tried to convince him with pleading eyes.

“I’m sorry miss, but it’s standard procedure. After your test results are in, then we can talk about when you can leave.” With a smile, he attempted again to usher Buffy into the room. Buffy reached out and grabbed Spike’s hand, for some reason feeling much safer when she did.

The doctor and nurse set her back up in bed and put her back on the IV drip. After letting her know that they would start her testing in a couple hours, the doctor and nurse left at the request of Buffy, claiming she need some time with her ‘boyfriend’ to try and remember her life.

Once the door shut, Buffy turned and smiled at the blonde man. “So…what’s your name?” she asked sweetly.

“Spike.” He answered getting comfortable in the chair beside the bed.

“Spike? Hm…that’s a pretty unique name. Well I’m not one to talk with a name like Buffy. Guess we both got parents with bad taste in names.” She laughed.

Spike laughed along with her. She seemed like normal Buffy. She acted the same, yet she wasn’t. This is what Buffy would be like if she wasn’t the Slayer. If she wasn’t jaded by everything that’s happened with the vampires and demons…all the deaths she’s seen…pain she’s been in. The vampire glanced down at his hands sheepishly for a second then looked up at the beautiful blonde. “It’s a nickname.”

“Do I even want to know where that originated from?” she asked half serious.

“It’s a really long story. Look Buffy, there are a lot of things about you and your life that you should know about. It’s very hard to explain and I’m not even sure you would believe me. But just hear me out.” Spike sighed and took a moment to figure out where he wanted to start.

Noticing his trouble, Buffy placed a hand over his, which were resting, folded on the side on the bed by her hip. “Spike, it’s okay. If I’m your girlfriend you should be able to tell me anything right?” she asked innocently, having no clue what she was about to hear.

“That’s another thing.” Although Spike wanted nothing more then to let her keep thinking he was her boyfriend, he had to be honest because if Buffy ever got her memory back, she’d beat him…hard. “We’re not dating. We’re friends, and we work to together so to speak.” Spike mumbled the last part under his breath.

“Oh.” Buffy tried hard to keep the disappointment out of her voice, and failed. She wasn’t going to lie she was really hoping he was her boyfriend because God was he attractive. “Well…sorry for making that really awkward for you. Stupid me for assuming that when the nurse mentioned that my boyfriend brought me in she meant you. I’m sorry if that made you uncomfortable.” Buffy apologized, her cheeks turning slightly pink in embarrassment.

“That’s okay, pet. It was me that brought you in, but the nurse misunderstood.” Spike paused and decided to tell Buffy what she was. “Listen…I know this is going to be confusing, and it’ll be hard for you to adjust at first but the longer we put this off the harder it’s going to be for you. Buffy…you’re the Slayer.”

Buffy looked at him blankly. “A what?”

“The Slayer. See there’s this council of wankers that decided that they were going to choose one girl and give her power: strength, speed, enhanced senses. All so she can fight the forces of evil.” Buffy continued to look at him with a blank stare. “And you have no idea what I’m saying. Okay let’s start with this. Vampires are real…same with demons. And it’s your job to fight them.” Spike waited for the blonde’s reaction.

“Do I get paid?” she asked deadpanned.

“Buffy this is serious.” Spike said frustrated.

“I am serious! That’s one hell of a job, you’d think I’d something for it.” She claimed with a pout.

“You were chosen…it’s not really a job, more of a calling. You’re special, that’s why they chose you.” Spike knew that there was much more to talk about, and he was prepared to help her through everything. He didn’t think she was taking this as seriously as it was, and it would take some convincing to prove to her that he was telling the truth. But it would be worth it to get Buffy back.
Show Me by Bloody_Hell
soooo sorry about the late update...way too much has been going on for me right now with the end of school and all. I've been cramming for tests and finishing my projects, and i finally caught a little bit of a break and decided i shouldn't make you guys wait any longer.



Chapter 7: Show Me

Spike had eventually called Giles, and told him what had happened at that Buffy was at the hospital. He said that she had amnesia and that she couldn’t remember anything, and not to come on too strong.

They promised to be there in the morning to give Spike some time to explain about her friends before so it was more comfortable for her when she did meet them. Right now the two of them sat on the bed, her sitting up leaning against the back wall, and Spike sitting across from her with his legs crossed. Spike began to tell Buffy about her friends.

“Uh…you got a red-headed friend named Willow, she’s one of your best friends. One of sweetest birds I’ve ever met…she’s a witch.” Spike explained.

“A witch? Like the kind with the warts and the big noses?” Buffy asked with a giggle.

Spike chuckled with her. “No…nothing like that. She looks like a normal girl, just with supernatural powers much like you. Only your powers were given to you. Red gained her power by learning the craft. She’s not into anything bad either…just things like locator spells, protection walls and all that.”

Buffy smiled, and urged him to continue. “Then there’s the whelp.” Buffy gave him a weird look. “Oh, sorry…Xander. He’s you’re other best friend. You, him and Willow have been buddies since freshman year.”

“Does he have any kind of powers?” Buffy asked, interested.

“Pfft…no. He doesn’t really do much actually, except make unnecessary comments.” Spike grumbled out.

The blonde laughed at the grumpy look on Spike’s face. “I’m guessing that you don’t like him very much, huh?”

Spike looked up at the slayer, and raised a brow. “Not one bit. But it goes both ways. He hates me…thinks I’m tryna ruin your life or something. He’s always been really protective of you.”

Buffy frowned at that. “Why would he think that you’d wanna ruin my life? From what I heard my life is pretty screwed up already.” She laughed almost bitterly.

“Because there was a time when we were mortal enemies.” The bleach blonde vampire admitted unwillingly. He didn’t want to give her the wrong idea and make her think that he still wanted to kill her because that was the last thing on his mind. “I wanted to kill you and you wanted to kill me, and we both came very bloody close. But I went through some things that changed me, and we teamed up.”

“I thought I was suppose to fight demons and vampires…not people.” Buffy said confused.

Spike took an unnecessary breath and let it out. Might as well say it now and get it over with. Spike thought to himself. “Well…that’s another thing you should know, pet. I’m a vampire.” Said vampire hung his head, not wanting to see the look of fear cross over the object of his affection’s face.

“Get out!” she said loudly. He looked up to see her eyes wide, and a giant smile on her face. “Are you serious?! I don’t see any fangs though.” She said looking at his teeth as his mouth hung open slightly in awe of her reaction.

Shaking himself out of it to reply, he blinked and licked his dry lips before speaking. “Well I’m wearing a human guise right now…the fangs only show when I let the demon out.”

Buffy’s eyes brightened. “Can you show me? I wanna see…you know, just so I know what to look out for when I get out of here.” Seeing the look of hesitation on Spike’s face, she pouted and gave him a puppy dog look. “Pleeeease?”

The vampire sighed, and gave in. “Okay…but if I show you and you freak out, don’t get pissed at me.” he stated.

“Promise.” She said drawing an ‘X’ over her heart with her index finger.

Sighing again, Spike changed his face: the bones reformed, and his fangs elongated. His once blue eyes were now a gold shining back at her. Buffy reached over slowly and touched the ridges on his brow. Spike flinched, not used to the almost intimate caress that his demon was getting. Buffy stopped for a second before continuing, and running the tips of her finger gently down the ridges, and down the side of face, tracing his sharp cheekbone.

Spike closed his eyes, and started purring, making the sweetest smile grow on the blonde’s beautiful face. Her fingers continued their way down, reaching his chin, and gently opened his mouth to examine his fangs. When she was down looking him over, she dropped her hand back into her lap. “Hm.” She said. Spike slowly opened his eyes again, and let his face change back to his human one. “See…no freaking out.” Buffy declared with a smile.

Spike just gazed at her in amazement. Right now she looked just like the normal Buffy. For a second he forgot that this Buffy was different…forgot that she really knew nothing about her life and at the horrors that came with it. As he looked at her his gazed turned from one of amazement to one of lust…his eyes bore into her, and she looked into his eyes, practically reading him. Making a decision with even thinking about it, Spike leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. It was soft, and long and sent shocks all throughout his body. After about 5 seconds of kissing, Buffy pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

Spike mentally kicked himself in the head, thinking he probably just screwed things up…big time.




A/N: so there's that chapter for you i'm sorry if it was a little short...think of it more as an interlude for the next chapter. I just thought that, that would be a good place to leave it...i'm kinda outlining what i want to happen and it's going good so far. I hope you're liking where i'm taking this...in the next chapter there might be a little bit of angst so be warned.
Telling It All by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
thanks for the reviews! please let me know what you think of this chapter...don't worry next chapter Buffy and Spike will be out of the hospital. yay!!!
Chapter 8: Telling It All

Making a decision with even thinking about it, Spike leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. It was soft, and long and sent shocks all throughout his body. After about 5 seconds of kissing, Buffy pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

Spike mentally kicked himself in the head, thinking he probably just screwed things up…big time.

Buffy brought her fingertips to her lips and touched them as if still feeling the tingles in them. Grabbing him by the shirt with her other hand, she pulled him towards her and kissed him again, more passionately this time. Spike; this sexy vampire had ignited such a large fire inside her and she wanted more. She lightly stroked her tongue along him bottom lips, begging him for entrance and when he did, she let herself melt into his embrace.

Spike couldn’t believe it. She was kissing him. Again! He thought she’d be mad, but no, she wanted more. He felt his dead heart jump in his chest. Part of him wanted to continue kissing her, and keep exploring the sweet cavern of her mouth, and the other told him this was wrong and that the real Buffy would kill him for taking advantage of her amnesia-self.

Gently putting his hands on her shoulders, he separated his lips from hers. With his eyes still closed he licked his lips. “Buffy, wait.” He opened his eyes to see her staring at him with a look of confusion. “It’s not that I don’t want you, believe me I do…I have for a long time now. It’s just…you barely know me.” he tried to reason.

Buffy laughed: a sweet sound coming from her. “You said we knew each other for a long time. I think that qualifies as knowing you.”

Spike held her hand in his, stroking the back of her hand softly. “Technically, yes. Buffy knows me…Pre-amnesia Buffy knows me. And she would kill me if she found out I kissed you.” Spike said shaking his head, and looking down at his lap.

Buffy sighed, and tilted her head to catch his eyes. “Why do you keep talking like I’m two different people?”

Spike met her eyes again. “Because…you seem different from the real Buffy. Nicer…less jaded. The real Buffy isn’t as fond of me as you are, and that’s because of our past.”

Buffy smiled brightly at him, which made his heart melt. “But I already know your past. You told me and even though we used to be enemies…I’m okay with it.” She added with a shrug.

“But that’s because you didn’t live through it. It’s easy to forgive me when you didn’t witness it first hand.” The vampire explained. “And even though I’m part of the team now…you and everyone else is still sketchy about my intentions. Think I’ll team up with Angelus to take you lot down.” Spike finished oblivious to the new name he brought up.

“Angelus? Who’s that…another one of my enemies?” the slayer asked.

“Yeah…the worst. He’s the reason you’re in the hospital right now. He’s-and I’m feeling ashamed even as I say this-he’s my grandsire…He turned a vampire that turned me. We’re part of the same family and he taught me pretty much everything I know.” Spike bowed his head again and continued the story that was inevitable. The Watcher would tell her this stuff anyway, and he would rather Buffy hear it from him…the one that had more information on Angelus than any Watcher or book in history. “Around the 1900’s-”

“You’ve been around that long!?!” Buffy cried out with a look of shock on her face.

“Longer. I was turned in 1880…Angelus was turned in 1753. Around the Boxer Rebellion, Angelus was cursed with a soul. He killed this Gypsy girl a few weeks before that, and his family punished him by giving him a soul. He couldn’t find it in him anymore to kill innocent people, so he went after the lowlifes: muggers, murders…rapists, but that was it. Eventually, Darla, his sire, forced him to leave and he hadn’t been a part of the family since.

“Then around 1996 you were called as the slayer, and this bloke Whistler gave Angel a mission: you. He was supposed to help you.” Spike stopped for a minute, to gather his thoughts.

“Then he attacked me instead?” Buffy interjected with confusion.

“No…you two got involved. You fell in love with each other. That-can’t get enough of each other-love. I couldn’t stand to see the one bloke that showed me true destruction let himself become a whipping boy to the killer of our kind.” He saw the look of discomfort on Buffy’s face, and continued quickly. “I don’t think that anymore…of course things are a lot different now. You two ended up sleeping together and Angel lost his soul and became Angelus again. See there was a clause to the curse the Gypsies put on him: If he had one moment of perfect happiness…Angel would lose his soul. It was a way of keeping him from being happy, as punishment for all of his sins. He broke your heart…he made it really hard for you to let other people in. And ever since that night Angelus has been trying to kill you…and using you’re past with Angel to break you down.” Spike concluded with eyes showing the anger he felt thinking about it.

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “So…Angelus would be the unknown creature I got bit by? Hm…I was wondering why my neck hurt so much.” Buffy finished calmly. You know, when I first woke up I never thought that this is what my life would be like. A bunch of scenarios popped into my head like: maybe I was just a random girl with a perfect life and walking alone one day I got attacked. Maybe I lived in a nice big Victorian house with blue shutters and a white picket fence. Popular, great boyfriend…never figured that I’d be a vampire slayer with superhero friends, having my ex-boyfriend trying to kill me, and having the hots for a hundred and something year old vampire…nothing at all normal. But for some odd reason beyond my knowledge…I’m strangely comfortable with it.” She stated with a smile.

If Spike could blush, he’d be doing so right now. “You have the hots for me?” he covered the way his body tingled at the thought by tucking his tongue behind his front teeth and smirking at the blonde.

“I might…and front that kiss earlier, you have the hots for me too.” She said brazenly. She felt so free to say anything in front of Spike. It was comfortable…and she really liked it.

Spike had noticed in the team that he spent with Buffy is how flirtatious she was being. She kept flashing him big smiles and mentioning things like having the hots for him. He shouldn’t be accepting her advances but he couldn’t help himself…he liked her liking him.

Spike flashed a sexy grin that would have turned her legs into jell-o had she been standing. Buffy knew she was going to be liking all the time she would be spending with Spike, and she couldn’t wait until she got out of this hospital so she could start her new life with the bleach blonde vampire showing her the ropes.


A/N: please review!!!
Learning The Ropes by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm sooo sorry for the late update, i've been super busy lately working two jobs and all. I'd like to thank everyone that has still stuck with me despite my lack of updates. i'm really trying but i'm pretty pressed for time lately. i really hope i didn't lose all of you and i'll try and update more often. Please let me know what you all think and please don't give up on me. i love you all!!!! now...on with the chapter!!!



Chapter 9: Learning The Ropes

About a day or two later, Buffy was checked out of the hospital, with a clean bill of health. Giles and the rest of the gang had come to visit, and each told Buffy the stories they shared.

The blonde was warming up to her old/new friends nicely, and things were starting to go back to normal. Spike had volunteered to train with Buffy and refresh her memory of the fight she used to know so well. She caught on quickly but it was still like she was learning everything all over again.

Buffy and Spike stood in the middle of her backyard. The stars were out and it was absolutely quiet. Spike pulled a red silk handkerchief out of his back pocket and tied it around Buffy’s eyes from the back.

“So what’s this all about? It’s not something kinky is it?” Buffy asked with a teasing smile.

He chucked. “No. It’s a test. What I want you to do…is tune in to all of your other senses. Give in to instinct. Now…attack me.”

Without any delay, Buffy reached behind her and grabbed him by his arm, flipping him over her shoulder, and hearing his back smack on the ground. “Oh my Spike…are you okay?” she panicked, reaching up to lift off her blindfold.

“I’m fine…leave it on. That was great Slayer.” Spike stood up, standing right in front of her with a smile on his face because of her worry for him.

“I’m so sorry…I didn’t even think I could do that!” the blonde claimed.

“It’s okay…now what made you do that?”

“You told me to go with my instincts. So I did. I didn’t know they’d be so spot on.”

Spike circled her. “They have to be, you’re the Slayer. If they weren’t you’d be in a whole mess of trouble. Now I want you to fight me based purely on your instincts. Use them to deceiver which direction I’m coming at you from…how to block my advances, and to know where I am at all times.”

Buffy stood completely still, and honed all of her senses. Her ear perked and she felt tingles on the back of her neck. Spike went to throw a punch at her and she reached out and grabbed his arm, twisting it around his back and kicking him to the ground. She straddled his lower back and held his head to the ground.

“How’d I do?” she asked with a smile. He wiggled beneath her but she didn’t let up.

“Very good.” He mumbled. “You want to let me up now?”

“Mmm…not really, no.” She laughed. Releasing his head, she lifted the blindfold off her eyes and stared down at him. “I think I’m getting the hang of this whole Slayer thing.” She stood up and lent Spike a hand getting up as well. “Now I don’t know about you…but I’m starved! What do you say about burger?” the blonde suggested as she bounded inside through the backdoor.

With a smile, the vampire followed her inside.

* * * * *

Angelus walked into Willy’s bar an hour or so after the sun went down. For the past couple of days, he’d been celebrating the death of the Slayer with Katya; going on killing sprees and living a carefree unlife. The moment he walked in, demons, vampires and humans that worshipped them all applauded him, hooting and hollering their praises. Being the narcissistic asshole that he was, Angelus soaked it up.

He took a seat at the bar next to a horned demon. “Scotch.” He told the bartender with a smug smile. “Make it a double and keep ‘em coming. I’m celebrating.” He turned to the demon sitting next to him that was keeping his eyes on his own drink. Although he was sitting down, you could tell he was around 6 foot. He had a thick muscular build and red scaly skin that made him look like an overgrown lizard. His eyes were also red and there was no telling he was a dangerous species.

“So how are you liking the demon life without the slayer, huh?” the brunette vampire asked.

“What are you talking about, vampire?” the demon’s voice was deep and hard.

“I’m talking about the slayer being dead! Don’t tell me you didn’t hear about it? I killed her with my own two hands.” He said lifting them for emphasis.

“No you didn’t.” he replied calmly with a knowing smile.

“I felt her die in my arms, as I sucked every last drop out of her.” Angelus continued.

The demon got a little closer to Angelus, the smile still on his face. “She was checked into the hospital a couple of days ago. Had a blood transfusion…she made it.” The look on Angelus’ face was one of shock and anger. “Apparently, rumour has it that she got checked out today. Not as good as you thought you were huh, vampire?”

With that, the vampire took his scotch and downed it; getting up and knocking the bar stool back in the process. He stormed out of the bar and into the night.

“If at first you don’t succeed…try and try ‘til the bitch is dead.”

* * * * *

Buffy tossed and turned in her bed plagued with horrible nightmares. A frown marred her face as she fought back the fright she felt. She whimpered in her sleep, subconsciously trying to wake herself up.

With a sudden gasp, Buffy shot up in her bed clutching her sheet to her chest in one hand and holding her throbbing neck in the other. Peeling her fingers away, she felt the warm blood leak from the old wound. She stared at it in awe as she caught her breath.

The nightmares were still fresh in her mind and she kept asking herself one question: ‘Who is that dark-haired man?’



A/N: there you go guys...please don't forget to review!
Nightmares by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the late update...i've been work 13 to 16 hours a day three to four times a week so i dont really have any time to do anything. soooo sorry...i'm trying as hard as i can to get these done for you guys. i really hope you like it and please review it means a lot to me!!! thanks

PLEASE READ: i'm looking for someone that is willing to make a banner for this story and my other WIP's...if you would like to please e-mail me. Thank you!!

e-mail: baby_gurl829@hotmail.com
Chapter 10: Nightmares

Buffy had been back at school for a week now with Willow’s help and was starting to get back into things. She sat in class completely lost in thought and not paying any attention to the teacher’s ramblings. She broke out of her musings when the bell rang for the end of school. She slowly gathered her things and headed home.

Willow waited by Buffy’s locker, looking for her to come out of her classroom. She saw her come out and called for her. “Buffy!” When the blonde didn’t acknowledge her, she ran to catch up with her. Willow observed as she walked across the courtyard and headed in the direction of her home.

The red head stopped and decided that she’d give her a call later to find out why she just left.

* * * * *

All throughout dinner, Buffy was quite and she barely ate what was on her plate. Her dream from the night before was still plaguing her mind. The man seemed so familiar, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Her dream was starting to fade from her mind, and all she remembered was she knew this man well…whether it was romantically or through her slaying she wasn’t sure.

After dinner Buffy headed up to her room, and changed into her yoga pants and a zip up sweater and snuck out her room and down the tree. She decided to go for a nice long walk to clear her head and maybe practice a little slaying on the fledglings.

The small blonde walked around town until the sun went down then made her way to the cemetery. She weaved through the tombstones twirling her stake in one hand. She felt the tingling on the back of her neck and her head shot up to look around the open area. The slayer heard a rustling in the bushes and crept towards them to check it out. Buffy felt a gust of wind behind her blowing her blonde locks about her face. She whipped around and noticed a black figure walking behind a crypt in the distance. Her instincts told her not to follow, but curiosity got the best of her. Cautiously, she followed the path the figure took, and walked around the corner of the crypt; there was no one there. Buffy turned around and looked behind her…no one. When she turned back around Said figure was standing right in front of her. She let out a startled gasp when she noticed him, and her eyes widened in shock when she realized he was the man from her dreams…or nightmares.

“It’s you…” she found herself whispering in awe.

“Yeah…it’s me.” The man smirked, a look of evil crossing his face.

* * * * *

Katya watched the scene play out from behind a tree and smiled in delight at the look of shock and fear written all over the slayer’s face. When she first saw her walking through the cemetery she was stunned to say the least. Angelus had promised her dead, and to see her alive and well was a bit of a downer. Now she watched as she practically shook with terror.

* * * * *

Spike stood outside Buffy’s bedroom window, wondering if she was sleeping or not. With the mess of Angelus trying to kill her, slipping into a coma and trying to re-train her, Spike had totally forgotten to tell her about the little vampire girl that threatened her life. She had yet to come around again, probably plotting something and waiting until they least expected it. He thought it would be best to tell her sooner rather than later.

So here he was standing in her front yard beside the big tree. He looked up, scaling the tree, and effortlessly started climbing. He jumped up onto her roof, and tapped on her window. Nothing. He tapped again…harder this time. Nothing. She must out like a light. He noticed that the window wasn’t locked and opened it. Spike soundlessly stepped through the window, and looked around the room. He quietly walked towards the bed, and saw that it was stuffed with pillows to make it look like she was still in had, if her mother were to check up on her.

He cursed as he made his way out of her room, and jumped down to the ground and sniffed out the air, preparing himself for tracking her down. Spike inhaled deeply, and made a left down her street towards town.

He followed her scent all around town, trying to find her and so far was getting nowhere. But he wasn’t ready to give up now. She wasn’t suppose to be wandering about at night without anyone, especially since she was well trained enough to fight on her own, and because she doesn’t remember who her enemies are or what they look like. After another fifteen minutes of searching, he finally tracked her scent to the cemetery. I told her not to bloody come here alone! Spike found her scent getting stronger and stronger until he turned the corner of a crypt to find Buffy with her back to him, and Angelus standing in front of her.

Without waiting a second longer, Spike ran over and stepped in front of Buffy, giving the slayer some distance from the dangerous vampire. “Stay the bloody hell away from her, you ponce!” Spike snarled menacingly.

Angelus laughed in his face, “Coming to the slayer’s rescue again?” he sobered up quickly. “I think it’s pathetic. You used to be a vampire Spike…what the hell happened to you?”

“And you used to fight for the good…” Spike shot back.

“Yeah…until blondie fucked the soul right out of me. And here I am.” Angelus concluded, raising his arms to his sides.

Without missing a beat, Spike punched the brunette vampire in the face, knocking him back a little.

Angelus laughed again. “Aww…” his cooed mockingly. “Fighting for honor, are you?”

“That…” Spike threw another punch, harder this time, making him stumble back farther. “And also for the pleasure beating the bloody shit out of you.” With that, the platinum blonde kicked Angelus in the chest, and watched him fly back ten feet.

Buffy watched all this, not knowing what to say. She hid behind Spike during their fight, still not sure what was going on. When the man from her nightmares flew backwards, all she wanted to do was go home, and get away from whatever was going on.

In a panic she ran away towards her house, not even stopping when Spike shouted out her name.

Spike watched as she ran out of the cemetery like hell was nipping at her heels. Spike booked it after her, knowing she was going to her house.


A/N: please review!!!!
Feel Mine by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the late update...but i have a slightly longer than usual chapter. i hope you like it...this is going to be a turning point in the story so i hope you enjoy it. please review they mean a lot...thanks!!!
Chapter 11: Feel Mine

Spike walked through her front door soundlessly, knowing that Buffy’s mother was sleeping. He took the stairs two at a time, and crept into her room where he knew she would be. He found her sitting by her windowsill looking out into the night.

“I’m sorry I ran away.” She apologized without even turning to look at him. “It just got a little too much for me to handle I guess.” Buffy finally turned to look at him, and watched as Spike stepped further into her room. “I know who that was…I’ve seen him before in my dreams. I don’t know what his name is or anything, but I know that I’m connected to him in some way.” She concluded looking back outside.

“That was Angelus.” Spike stated with distaste. “He may just be a vampire, but he has more power and pull around these parts than any other demon in the Hellmouth. He’s legendary…kind of like a celebrity to other vampires.”

“Hmm…” Buffy said furrowing her brow. “I don’t know what I saw in him…he has a huge forehead.” Spike had to laugh.

I’m liking this Buffy more and more. he thought to himself with a smile. “I’m gonna have to agreed with you there, pet.”

“Spike…what if I never get my memories back?” she asked, fear in her voice. “How am I suppose to continue my job and go to school when I don’t remember anything about it? I know it looks like I’m taking this well but I’m not. I’m scared and confused…everything just seems so unfamiliar to me.” Buffy took one last look out the window, and then migrated to her bed and lay down on her side. Spike lay curled up behind her, pulling her back to his chest. “The only person I feel comfortable with is you…and you’re not even a person, you’re a vampire. Is that weird?” she asked him with a furrowed brow.

Despite the fact that she stated he wasn’t a person, Spike chuckled. “Well, when you put it that way, yes. But it’s okay to feel out of place sometimes…I feel that way all the time.” He admitted.

“You do?” she question in a surprised tone, turning her head towards him a little.

“Yeah…I live in a world full of people with heartbeats and souls. I haven’t felt my heartbeat for a hundred and fifty years…I’ve forgotten what it feels like. I can’t even go out into the sunlight…go to the beach, to the park during the day. I’ll live forever and I can’t have children. That’s as out of place as it gets.” He laughed bitterly.

Buffy slowly grabbed Spike’s cold hand and placed it gently over her heart. “If you can’t feel yours…you can feel mine.” She whispered to him, and he swore he felt his whole body heat up with adoration.

The vampire pulled her tighter to him, and breathed in the sweet smell of her golden locks. His eyes filled with tears and her gesture, but he stopped them from falling. In this moment, Spike felt more love for her now then he ever did.

“Sleep now, luv.” Spike said; his voice strained. “Well talk more in the morning.” He placed a sweet kiss to the side of her head, and watched as she slowly slipped into slumber.

* * * * *

When the blonde woke up the first thing she felt was a strong arm holding her to an equally strong chest. Next, she felt her legs tangled with jean incased muscular ones. Spike. She smiled to herself. Buffy slipped herself out of his embrace and headed to the bathroom.

When she came back, Spike was still in the same position except in her place was a pillow in which he hugged. Buffy sat down on the edge of the bed and watched him sleep. He looked so different. He didn’t look out of place at all. He actually looked normal, like a real person. The way his chest raised up and down with his unneeded breath, how his lips looked soft and pout despite his bad boy look. Without thinking first, Buffy leaned down and gave him a soft lasting peck on the lips.

Spike woke to Buffy’s lips on his. And first it came as a surprise, but he soon recovered and kissed her back. Now it was Buffy’s turn to be surprised. She pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes. “You’re awake.”

Spike sat himself up against the headboard. “Well when you have a beautiful woman kiss you, it’s kinda hard not to wake up.” He stated with a smile. “So what brought that on?”

Buffy blushed, and looked down and her hands. “Well…I don’t know, I-I guess…” she took a deep breath before continuing. “You looked so peaceful.” She admitted quietly. Her head shot up after a second. “Y-You think I’m beautiful?”

Spike reached up and brushed her hair out of her face. “Always.” Spike dropped his hand to his side. It was about time he finally told her. It was killing him to hold his feelings back all the time. “Pet, there’s something you should know. I know it may seem sudden, but this has been going on for years, and I think it’s about time you knew.”

Buffy was starting to get worried. “Knew what?”

“That I love you, Buffy. Head over heels, insanely in love with you.” Spike claimed calmly as if he were talking about the weather, but with so much emotion that she felt it. “I’m not expecting anything back…just that you believe me, and accept it, because now that you know I’ll want to show every chance I can.”

Buffy smiled with tears in her eyes. She reached for his hand and held it in both of hers. “You can show me whenever you want.” Spike took that opportunity to lean in and kiss her with so much passion and love that Buffy felt dizzy with it. He pulled her closer to him, and she straddled his legs and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Spike pulled away for a second. “God, I love you so much.” He whispered against her lips. He placed several loving kisses on her lips, cheek, and along her jaw. “But…but maybe we should take things slow. I don’t want to rush into things just yet…I just want to bask in the fact that I have you in my arms right now.” He pulled her down so that he head was resting on his shoulder and her chest was pressed against his.

Buffy closed her eyes, and let a content smile grow on her face. “Mmm…bask all you want. You know I feel happier now with you then I have since I got out of the hospital. Even though I don’t remember my past…I feel like a part of me knew that this was how it was suppose to be: Us…together.”

Spike smiled as well as his fingers combed through her hair. “Hmm…that’s funny because you never showed any sign of liking me as anything other than a friend.” The two stayed that was for a long moment, in silence, just enjoying being together. “I hope you know that I don’t plan on letting you go now that I have you.”

“I wouldn’t let you even if you tried.” She countered.
Dreams by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for such a long wait...i dont want to make any excuses but i've just hada really really bad case of writer's block for all my stories i'm trying to get back into it now
Chapter 12: Dreams

The sound of laughter made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He knew who it was and he really wasn’t in the mood. “You…” the laughter continued. “You are such a poor excuse for a vampire.” Katya showed herself from behind the cement wall of the mansion. “You had two chances Angelus…and you failed. You made a fool of yourself and now the whole demon world things your pathetic.” Katya came around and sat on Angelus’ lap like the child she looked like. “How does it feel?” she whispered.

In a fit of rage, the male vampire pushed her off him and onto the floor. But this didn’t deter her any; she started giggling as she stood up, brushing off her little blue dress. “Not so good, I guess. Oh come on you big baby…this isn’t doing anything to help.” She claimed pointing at him. “You…sitting here in this empty house brooding and drinking yourself into oblivion; why don’t you try again?”

“Because…” he grumbled. “That soulful childe of mine is making this harder than I thought.” He took a chug of his beer.

The girl looked at him in disbelief. “Sooo…what your saying is, you’re going to let some peroxide headed vampire stop you from killing the Slayer? Are you fucking joking me?!” Katya stepped towards him menacingly. “You’re fucking Angelus! I came to you because I knew that you were the only one that could do this! Are you telling me that you’re just gonna give up…let her that vampire with a soul win!?”

Angelus raised his eyes up to her in a glare. Standing up, he took one last chug of his beer, finishing it off then threw it at the far wall watching the shards of glass shoot in different directions like a splash of water. “What do you want me to do Katya?! I’m not gonna keep trying when Spike’s there to fuck up my whole plan.” He shouted towering over the little girl.

She wasn’t affected by it at all. She smiled. “Then we go after her when Spike is distracted by something else. We’ll get her at her most vulnerable moment.” The male vampire gave her a quizzical look. “My God! Have you completely lost your will for evil?! Stop looking so pensive…now come on, there’s a lot to prepare for.” Katya grabbed Angelus by the arm and pulled him out of the mansion.

* * * * *

His large hands ran slowly down Buffy’s arm, and made a trail down her torso, and thigh. He placed sweet, soft kisses along her neck and shoulders, and Buffy closed her eyes in delight. He was being so gentle with her she couldn’t stand it.

They slowly rocked together, moving at a torturing, and unhurried pace. She remembered falling asleep in his arms, engulfed in his embrace. What she didn’t remember was waking up the same way. Buffy sat up, clutching the sheet to her chest and called out his name…nothing. He walked back into the room and she called to him again.

“Hey.” He replied not even looking at her.

“Where did you go?” she asked as she climbed out of bed with the sheet wrapped around her frame.

“Been around.” He replied pulling a shirt over his bare chest.

“Oh…” Buffy said softly. “I was freaking out, you just…disappeared.” Worry still in her voice.

“What? I took off.” He shrugged.

“But you didn’t say anything, you just left.” She exclaimed her voice raised an octave.

“Yeah like I really wanted to stick around after that.” he chuckled to himself.

“What?” a frown marred her beautiful face, and her throat got tight.

“You’ve got a lot to learn about men, kiddo. Although, I guess you proved that last night.” The man buckled up his pants as he strode towards the blonde.

Buffy’s eyes started to water up, as she started to realize what was happening. But she needed to know. “What are you saying?” her lower lip quivered.

“Lets not make an issue of it.” The man grabbed his leather coat and fluidly threw it over his shoulders. “It fact let’s not talk about it at all. It happened.” He continued to move around the room gathering little things that he needed and putting them in his pockets. He grabbed his silver rings off the counter and slipped them on the right fingers.

Buffy felt her heart clench. “I-I don’t understand. Was it m-me? Was I not good?” her voice cracked in pain.

The man got near her and leaned in close with a cold smile. “You were great. Really. I thought you were a pro.” He said condescendingly.

She shook her head in disbelief. “How can you say this to me?”

The man before her looked annoyed at her comment. “Lighten up.” He took a step back. “It was a good time. Doesn’t mean we have to make it a big deal.” He said nonchalantly.

Buffy’s eyes widened. “But it is a big deal!” she exclaimed.

He laughed. “It’s what? Bells ringing, fireworks, a dulcet choir of pretty little birdies? Come on Buffy.” He stepped closer to her again and reached up to touch her face. “It’s not like I’ve never been there before.” And that cold smile was back.

Buffy backed away in horror. “Don’t touch me.”

He dropped his hand and started to back away. Shaking a finger at her. “I should have known you wouldn’t be able to handle it.” He headed towards the door.

“Angel!” she called out in desperation. “I love you.” Her words were soft and tearful.

He whipped around and pointed coolly at her. “Love ya, too.” His sweet words didn’t match his tone of voice, which was uncaring. “I’ll call you.” Those were his last words before he walked out of the building, leaving the broken-hearted blonde standing there alone.


* * * * *

Buffy shot out of bed panting and wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead. She was faintly aware that Spike was beside her brushing her hair out of her face, and rubbing her back soothingly. She recalled her dream, and realized that it wasn’t a dream at all. She was reliving something that already happened to her. “I remember.”

“What?” Spike pulled back a bit, and looked at her.

“Angel…or Angelus. That last night I saw Angel…I remember it.” She let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. Buffy stared at the wall opposite her. “God, he was an asshole.”

Spike smiled. “Yeah he was…broke my girl’s heart, he did. Never gonna let that happen to you again.” he kissed her shoulder sweetly.

Buffy cuddled into him, and placed a hand on his chest as they lay back down in bed. “I know you won’t.”

“So you remember…that’s good.” Spike commented after a moment.

“Yeah, funny how I’m not remembering the good things.” Buffy said bitterly.

“But at least you’re remembering something…that may mean you’re getting your memory back, luv.” Spike said with a bit of excitement for the old Buffy, but also in disappointment. Spike was getting used to this Buffy. She was nice to him, found comfort in his embrace, and didn’t judge him because of his past.

“Is that what you want?” she asked sensing the disappointment. “You want the old me back, don’t you?”

Spike hugged her to him. “That’s not what I meant, luv. I love being with you, whether it’s like you are now, or how you were before. You pay me more mind now than you ever did.” He chuckled. “But, part of me is missing you challenging me…that pissed off look you got every time I said or did something exceptionally piggish. I miss sparring with you and…”

Buffy looked up at him with innocent eyes. “You can still spar with me. I may not be as experienced but I can still pack a punch.” She teased as Buffy punched him lightly on the arm.

Spike laughed and rubbed the place where she punched him. “That you can, pet. When you get your memories back, chances are you’ll still remember everything after the accident, so it’s not like you’re going anywhere.” Spike paused to look right into Buffy’s eyes. He cupped her face in his hand. “And neither am I.”

The slayer smiled and leaned in to press a soft kiss against her vampire’s lips.
End Notes:
hope you like it...please review, let me know if you're still interested in this one
Second Try by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the long wait but i'm here now and so is this chappie!
Chapter 13: Second Try


Angelus sat on his couch with his legs lazily spread and his large ring-adorned hands crossed over his stomach. “So what do you propose we do? The whole reason I let you have any part in taking out the slayer was that she had no idea who you were…now that, that plan got shot to hell, what is your big plan?” The dark vampire said sarcastically with a chuckle.

Katya paced in front of him, playing with one of her two pigtails. “Relax, I’m figuring it out okay.”

“Take any longer I might stake myself.” Angelus stated with boredom.

Katya whipped her head around to him. “Please, by all means go help yourself. You’d be no loss to me I promise.” She continued to walk in front of the couch with a frown on her beautifully young face. A slow smile grew on her face as a plan formulated in her head. “I think I’ve got it!”

Angelus raised an eyebrow. “Please…enlighten me.”

“I think you’re going to like this.” Katya smiled evilly.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike were walking through the cemetery for patrol, casually scanning the area.

“Angel’s been in hiding for a while…what do you think that means?” Buffy asked, twirling her stake in her hand.

“It means he’s thinking something up. He’ll show his face soon enough.” Spike replied on a sigh. He was really enjoying this break. It gave him more time with Buffy.

“Urgh! I hate this! I hate the waiting around. What if I’m not ready to fight him? What if this time he wins?” Buffy asked him as she stopped walking.

Spike stopped too, and put his hands on her shoulders. “He won’t win. Not with me there…I’m never gonna let anything happen to you, pet.” Spike pulled her into his arms and closed his eyes, inhaling her scent.

* * * * *

Katya watched the blonde couple from behind a crypt about five yards away. She pulled out the small, black silk bag from her pocket and opened the draw strings on it. Her nimble fingers reached in and pulled out a handful of sparkly blue sand.

“Dissimulo.” She declared, as the small vampire threw the sand in the air to let it land on her head. Her form shifted suddenly. Her tiny frame growing a few feet and her pale white skin turned into a scaly red. Two horns grew on her forehead, and claws emerged from her now giant hands. I have to make this quick…I don’t have much time.

Katya ran out from behind the crypt her long powerfully corded legs now taking her thrice as fast as usual. She aimed directly for Buffy and Spike, charging into them and not stopping. The blondes tumbled to the ground, and Katya looked back once to see neither of them had made a move to get up yet. She quickly darted behind another crypt about ten yards away, and the cloak she put on herself wore off.

* * * * *

Spike looked around, a little disoriented from the sudden blow that neither of them saw coming. “What the bloody hell was that?” he said pulling himself off the ground.

He noticed that Buffy was having a hard time even pulling herself into a sitting position. No wonder, the thing hit her from behind…must have knocked the wind out of her. Spike helped her off the ground, and let her rest against him until she could stand up straight.

“What the hell was that?” Buffy groaned out as she wiped the grass off her clothes.

Spike squinted into the darkness. “Don’t rightly know, pet.” He looked around the cemetery and didn’t see any movement. “Whatever it is, is gone now. Maybe we should just call it a night.” the vampire concluded.

The slayer frowned, as she gave her head a little shake to clear her mind. “Yeah…that sounds like a good idea. I don’t feel so hot.” She mumbled out just before her knees gave out and she crumbled. Spike swooped her up in his arms before she touched the grass, and looked down at the blonde in his arms with worry. She was still conscious, but seemed to be dizzy and weaker than usual.

“Okay pet…let’s get you home. It’s gonna be okay.” He carried her the rest of the way, and let himself into the Summers’ residents quietly as to not wake Joyce from her sleep.

It was hard at first for Buffy to explain why exactly Spike was living in their basement, Joyce had her concerns of course: living with a vampire, finding blood in the fridge, the late hours. But soon it became routine and she felt Spike was a comforting addition to the household.

Spike gracefully carried the slayer to her room, taking the steps two at a time, and lay her in the bed. He de-booted her, took off her jacket and turned the sheets for her. “You get changed, luv. I’ll be back up here to check on you in a bit.” Spike made his way down the stairs and towards the basement. He himself was going to get changed, make Buffy a good cup of tea and see how she was doing.

His mind was working overtime, trying to figure out what the hell it was that knocked them out. Buffy seemed to get the worst of it. That demon seemed to have come out of nowhere. It was also not a demon he was familiar with, a creature he’d never seen before in his 120 years as a vampire.

He took a couple minutes to make the slayer her tea, then deftly made his way up to her room. He pushed open the door to find her sitting up in bed, changed and rubbing her left arm with her right hand. Spike held to cup out to her, and she grabbed it slowly with a ‘thank you‘. “You alright, pet?” he asked with concern.

“My arm’s really sore. I don’t think it’s broken but it hurts more than any other time I’ve gotten hit.” Buffy paused for a second to sip her tea. “Did you see what that thing was anyway?”

Spike sighed. “No…I mean it was a demon, but I don’t know what race.” He sat on the edge of her bed, and turned her arm over to assess the damage. “You’re all bruised up, luv. You must have hit the ground pretty hard.” he frowned, for the most part she had landed on top of him.

Buffy frowned too. “But I didn’t…you pretty much broke my fall. When I got hit it felt like my arm was broken…” Buffy trailed off with a far away look in her eyes.

* * * * *

Buffy sat in the library battered and bruised. “When I hit him, it felt like my arm was broken, it hurt so much. I can't be just a person. I can't be helpless like that. Giles, please, we have to figure out what's happening to me.”

Giles opens his briefcase and pulls out a case with the syringe. He opens it, lets out a deep sigh and sets it in front of her. “It's an organic compound... of muscle relaxants and adrenal suppressers. The effect is temporary. You'll be yourself again in a few days.” his voice was somber.

“You?” she asked in disbelieve.

Giles continued to explain. “It's a test, Buffy. It's given to the Slayer once she... uh, well, if she reaches her eighteenth birthday. The Slayer is disabled and then entrapped with a vampire foe whom she must defeat in order to pass the test. The vampire you were to face... has escaped. His name is Zackary Kralik. As a mortal, he murdered and tortured more than a dozen women before he was committed to an asylum for the criminally insane. When a vamp…”

Buffy was furious. “You bastard! All this time you saw what it was doing to me, all this time and you didn’t say a word!”

Giles sighed. “I wanted to.”

The blonde let out a strangled sob. “Liar.”

Giles was starting to get defensive now. “In matter of tradition and protocol, I must answer to the Council. My role in this was very specific. I was to administer the injections and to direct you to the old boardinghouse on Prescott Lane” He was so worried that he had lost her now.

Buffy shook her head in denial, tears in her eyes. “I can’t…I can’t hear this.”


“Buffy, please!” he tried fruitlessly.

Buffy turned around in anger. “Who are you? How could you do this to me?” she couldn’t believe it. The man she thought to be a father figure betrayed her like no other.

“I am deeply sorry, Buffy…and you have to understand me.” The Watcher tried to reach out for her but she stepped away quickly.

“Touch me and I’ll kill you.” her voice was pained but also very menacing.


* * * * *

“Buffy!” Spike said again louder this time. “Buffy, kitten…look at me.” When she finally did, there were tears in her green orbs. “What’s the matter?” Spike wiped a tear that fell down her cheek.

“I remembered something.” she whispered, then frowned. “I kind of wish I didn’t.”

Spike frowned too. “Why, luv what is it?” He was worried. He really hoped she didn’t realize some of the dumb shit he did in the and be pissed at him.

“Giles…I remember him drugging me.” she cried harder. “Some stupid test for the Council. He made me lose my powers…I was helpless. I couldn’t even push over some dumb jock at school.” she scoffed at herself. “Cordelia saved me. Yeah that day is all coming back to me now. Giles used some jewel to hypnotize me, then drugged me with muscle relaxants and adrenaline suppressers.” Buffy was thinking the worst now. “What if I lost my power again? I’ve lost my memories and my power! What am I going to do, Spike?” the slayer was panicking. She felt so vulnerable, she didn’t know what to do with herself. Angelus was after her with a vampire child tagging along at his feet, and she had no way to defend herself anymore.

When she started sobbing, Spike took her in his arms and kissed her at the crown of her hair. “It’s gonna be okay, pet. We’ll find out what’s wrong…you’re not alone in this.”
He would find out what the hell that demon did to her…and how.
End Notes:
hope you liked it...please review!
Just a Project! by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
so sorry for the late update i'm trying to update all my stories right now! I've got a nice chapter for you....hope you like it. I think i'll only have a couple more chapters left of this story....it seems to be coming to a close. so thanks everyone for reading and please review!
Chapter 14: Just a Project!

Angelus was ecstatic! He was practically jumping for joy when Katya waltzed through the entrance on the Crawford mansion saying that Slayer was powerless.

“How did you do it? I mean stealing her powers like that couldn’t have been easy. The last time that happened, it took couple of days to fully paralyze her…come on share your secret.” Angelus looked giddy like a child.

Katya held up and shiny green and yellow orb, that floated just above her tiny palm. “With this.” She paused for dramatic effect. “When I bumped into her, I touched the orb to her skin. It’s called ‘Potestas Recondo’. It means power storage. Witches and Gypsies used to do this to cripple their opponents.” She looked at the orb with satisfaction. “And I’m gonna bring back the trend.”

“Great.” Angelus stepped towards her. “So we can just smash this and she’ll lose her Slayer strength forever.” The younger vampire went to attain it but Katya held it out of his reach.

Her eyes were wide with disbelief. “Are you crazy?!” she walked around him and placed it in a glass box on a pedestal. “Breaking the orb only unleashes the power to its rightful owner. The orb then becomes useless, and we’d have to start from scratch.” She turned around to him and placed her hands on her hips. “Now we can go after her.”

Angelus smiled slyly. “No…I want to let her stew a little bit. Knowing her, she’s going to freak out…making the look on her face that much sweeter when I kill her.” Angelus threw himself down on the couch, and crossed his hands behind his head.

Katya frowned. “When we kill her.” She corrected.

“Nope!” the vampire smirked at the little girl. “That was never the plan, pumpkin.” He was being satirical with his pet names, knowing that it would piss her off. “I just needed a good plan, and know that I have it I really don’t have any use for you anymore.” He leaned forward and frowned. “I mean I can’t even use you for my sexual pleasure…twelve years old is where I draw the line. I mean…how sick do you think I am?” he asked rhetorically, feigning morality. Angelus could see her silently steaming; her fists were balled up by her sides and her eyes were little slits of fury. “Although…” The male vampire stood up and slowly made his way towards her tiny frame. “Torturing you would be fun!” he pointed at Katya as he stood above her. “I’ve always loved the sound of a child’s scream…so innocent.” He tapped her nose, and she nearly bit it off.

“I’m nowhere near innocent!” she growled, her face changing before him.

Angelus smirked again. “You’re right…you’re not.” He turned around and headed for his bedroom. “You better find a place other than here to sleep before the sun comes up.” He called over his shoulder. “Or I will make sure you wake up as a pile of dust.” He added before his stone bedroom door slammed with punctuation.

Katya growled loudly, before grabbing a blanket and rushing out of the mansion, in search of a new place to stay. She found an empty crypt in Restfield cemetery, and bunked there for the day.

* * * * *

Buffy woke the next morning, hating her life even more. Not only did she not have her powers anymore, she couldn’t remember her life, except for a few flashes here and there and those were only moments she wished she didn’t remember.

She looked over and saw Spike was sleeping beside her. She wished she could remember him. He was nothing but good to her and treated her no less than he would a Queen. She didn’t even care if they wanted to kill each other once upon a time, this vampire loved her more than Angel ever did, that she knew. When Angel lost his soul he hated her…Spike on the other hand, loved her without a soul. She crawled out of bed and let him sleep. He was up all night with her, letting her cry and holding her as she did.

Buffy walked to the window and made sure it was secure and no light would seep in before going to the bathroom to take a shower. When she was done and threw on some clothes she noticed Spike was still sleeping like the dead, so she went downstairs to make herself breakfast, and heat up some blood for Spike.

She was surprised when her mother walked through the front door wish a ton of grocery bags. She barely saw her mother so she wasn’t sure of what she knew; if she was the Slayer or not or if she knew she snuck out every night. What she did know was that her mother was aware of the accident that left her without her memory. The doctors told her that she was attacked by a wild creature and with the loss of blood her mind went into a name of a shock she couldn’t remember…go figure! When Joyce saw Spike talking to her daughter in her hospital room, he was quick to think of a story. He told her his name was William Giles and that he was the son of the Librarian Rupert Giles, who she apparently did know, and that he was the one that found her by the woods after he left the Bronze.

She watched with an amused frown as he changed his accent from that of his usual Cockney rumble to an upper crust accent that resembled Giles’. Her mother thanked him and coddled her for three days before fate pulled her away to New York for a showing. Every two days Joyce would call and tell her she was delayed yet another two days helping the Gallery chain in New York. But what Buffy didn’t tell her mother was that she enjoyed the time that she spent away because it meant more time to spend with Spike. According to him she had been housing him in the basement, and hiding him there even while her mother was home. How she did it she didn’t know, her mother must have either been repressing or she was totally clueless.

“Morning, Buffy! Can you help me with these?” she plopped the bags on the counter, and starting putting things away.

“When did you get back….you were gone a long time.” Buffy started helping put the food away, and was hoping Spike didn’t decide to come downstairs right now…because no matter what really happened, it wouldn’t look good to Joyce.

“Yes I know…they were short staffed, and with all the inventory-” she cut herself off. “Well, not of that matters, I’m home now. I got back early this morning, and with the time difference I could not get to sleep. So I decided to do some much needed grocery shopping. You were doing okay here?” she asked with concern. “I’m sorry I had to leave so soon after the accident.”

Buffy shook her head. “I’m fine mom. Nothing in the way of memories or anything, but I’m working on it. I’ve been spending a lot of time with William though. He’s the only person I feel totally comfortable with.” She thought she might wean her mother into the idea of Spike or William being her boyfriend, that way it might be easier to break the news to her that she was dating a vampire. “I really like him.”

Joyce smiled and kissed her daughter on the forehead. “How romantic!” she teased. “Falling for the man that saved your life. Shall I call Walt Disney and get him to start writing the script?” Joyce chuckled to herself, and Buffy couldn’t help but laugh with her.

Buffy felt comfortable with this kind of banter with her mother. She assumed they always joked like this. “It would make a good story, but that’s not the reason I like him. He’s a total gentleman…it’s like he was born in the 1800’s.” she joked to herself.

Joyce moved to the fridge. “Well I’m sure he gets that from his father. Mr. Giles seems to have the gentlemanliness down to a tee.” Joyce opened the fridge as paused. “Buffy?”

Buffy turned to her mother. “Yes?”

Joyce held up a jar of blood. “Why is there blood in the fridge?” she was definitely curious and a little weirded out. Joyce had noticed some weird things in her house over the past couple of years, such as crosses and vials of holy water, but she chose to ignore it. But this she couldn’t ignore.

Buffy’s eyes grew big as she tried to think of an excuse. “Uh…school project! Willow and I are working on this project to-to see how long i-it takes for it to um congeal!” she finished a little proud of herself. She hoped she bought it.

Joyce frowned. “Well it’s not going to congeal in the fridge, sweetheart.” She commented gently.

“I know! We haven’t started the project yet. That’s why it’s in the fridge.” Buffy grabbed it from her hands and put it back in the fridge.

Joyce sighed. “Well I don’t want it smelling up the fridge so can you keep it in your mini fridge upstairs?” she suggested.

Buffy smiled. “Great idea! I’ll do that.” She forgot she had one. She forgot she had a lot of things. Now she could feed Spike and tell him not to come down stairs.

As Buffy started to walk to the stairs Joyce called out to her. “Honey? You okay? You’re acting weird.”

Buffy smiled. “No mom I’m fine. Just eager to start my project.” She lied. Well if Spike was her project then, she wasn’t lying at all.

Joyce nodded. “Okay. I’ll call you down once I’ve made breakfast.”

Buffy booked it up the stairs with the jar of blood, and crashed into Spike as she was turning the corner from the stairs. “Shhhh!” she whispered as she pushed him back into her room.

“What the hell, Summers!” he hissed. “What’s wrong?”

Buffy closed the door and locked it. “My mother is home!” She hissed back. “And she found your blood in the fridge. Thank God I came up with some ridiculous excuse about a project; otherwise I would be in a first class seat to the Sunnydale Mental Institution. Here.” She shoved the jar in his direction, and he grabbed it. “It’s cold, sorry. I didn’t have time to heat it up.” She plopped herself back on her bed.

Spike just couldn’t believe she actually thought to bring him blood in the first place. “Thanks, luv.” He opened the jar, and took a deep gulp, his face changing as he did. “Mmm. Nothing like cold pig’s blood in the morning.” He joked. Spike licked his lips, and smiled at Buffy before finishing it off. “So with your mom home and all guess that means I’m stuck up here for the day?” he asked as he moved to sit beside her.

Buffy sighed. “Yeah I guess. This sucks. I can’t even patrol with you tonight.” She rested her head on his shoulder, and Spike ran his fingers through her hair.

“Vampires can wait, pet. I’ll stay here with you tonight.” Spike claimed.

Buffy lifted her head to look at him. “You can’t, Spike.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “I can and I will. You can’t stop me, kitten. I’m not leaving your side until you get your powers back. What if some nasty gets you while you’re here? Not all demons need an invite.” He gently pushed her head to rest back on his shoulder.

“Thank you, Spike. You’re so good to me.” Buffy closed her eyes and relished in the love he showered on her.

Spike kissed the crown of her head. “I love you…that’s not gonna change.”

The blonde smiled. “I know.”

* * * * *

Night fell, and Spike was true to his word. He stayed up in her room while Buffy was having dinner with her mother, and Buffy would make an excuse every once in a while to visit him in her room. At around 7:30, Joyce got a phone call that had her telling Buffy that she had to rush to her Gallery to work on some paper work. Joyce complained that she hired people that didn’t even know what they were going and apologized to her daughter before telling her not to wait up. And with that Joyce drove off to the gallery.

Buffy ran up the stairs to tell Spike they had the house to their selves for the night, but bumped into him at the bottom of the steps. She gave him a questioning look. “I saw your mom’s car pull away.”

They enjoyed their time cuddling on the couch watching TV, after a phone call to Giles explaining the situation with her losing her powers, and he promised to get on the research wagon right away with the help of Willow and a reluctant Xander. He never liked the books part.

When the doorbell rang Buffy was sure it was the gang coming to check up on her. But to her surprise when she opened the door, a little girl stood before her. She frowned. She didn’t remember seeing the girl before, so she called Spike over.

Spike was immediately on guard when he saw Katya, but was comforted by the fact that they had revoked her invitation. “What do you want?” he barked.

Katya looked a little worse for wear, probably from sticking it out in a dirty and smelly crypt for a whole day. Her blue dress was dirty and a portion of her face was burned from the little bit of sun that shone through the small window in the crypt. “I have information regarding Angelus.” She told them her voice childlike and innocent, compared to her words.

“And what prey tell, makes you think we’ll believe anything you have to say?” Spike grumbled with his arm wrapped around his love.

Katya knew he wasn’t going to listen that easily. “I know how you can get your powers back.” She directed at Buffy, who shot a hopeful look at Spike. “It’s held in an orb at Angelus’ mansion, in a case. All you have to do is smash it and you’re the slayer again.”

Buffy spoke quietly. “Why are you telling us this?”

Katya huffed. “Angelus betrayed me. He kicked me out and let me fend for myself. I’m looking for a little revenge.” She smirked. “The sick puppy needs to be put down, and I can help you do it.”

Spike frowned. “In exchange for what?”

Katya looked at him pleadingly. “In exchange for my freedom? I’ll help you get your powers back and take down Angelus, just as long as you let me walk. I won’t come back…can’t stand this crap town anyway.” She rolled her eyes.

Buffy spoke up with more confidence this time. “How do we know you’re not just setting us up?”

Katya felt the rage within her from hers and Angelus’ last conversation. “He subjected me to slumming in a dirty old crypt, and threatened to kill me if I didn’t leave. He used me for my plans and ideas and then cast me aside like a used maid! I’ve been around a hell of a lot longer than him, and never have I been treated like I was worthless. Believe me when I say that I want him dust!” Buffy and Spike could tell, by her fisted hands, and the vein popping from her forehead that she was not acting this time.

“When do we leave?” Spike asked.

Katya smirked. She was looking forward to her revenge. “Right now.”
End Notes:
sooooo did you like it! let me know!
I'm Glad You Told Her by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the late update, i'm working a lot and when i get home from work i'm too tired to even turn on the computer. But anyways enough excuses. I have another chapter for you, and i'm thinking there will only be a couple more chapters left of this fic. and then it's on to finishing the other ones. I've got a bunch of new ideas and i want to get them out but i have to finish these first. soooo enjoy
Chapter 15: I’m Glad You Told Her


Buffy, Spike and Katya walked with purpose towards the mansion Angelus was living in. Buffy had a stake tucked into the back of her jeans, and Spike was holding a long sword at his side. It was for Buffy once she got her powers back. Buffy made it clear that Spike and Katya could help until she got her powers back, but when she did, they were to let her kill Angelus on her own. The blonde vampire was reluctant to agree at first but with the look on her face when she countered him, he quickly changed his mind.

They were standing outside the mansion now, preparing themselves for the battle that has been a long time coming. “You can do this Buffy.” Spike said squeezing her hand in his.

“I know I can…I have to.” Her voice was filled with determination. With that she walked forward and pushed the door open with a grimace. It was heavy. Buffy strolled in with confidence, Spike and Katya trailing behind her. The powerless slayer spotted Angelus lazily lounging on a couch reading a book, dinner dead on the floor beside him.

“Was wondering when you’d betray me and bring them to me.” The dark vampire didn’t even look away from the book in his hands, he simply turned the page. “I guess I could go for some dessert.” He closed the book and leaped up gracefully to turn to Buffy. He frowned. “Of course you’re not going to taste as good without a fight.” He stepped towards her, and Spike stepped in front of his girlfriend with a snarl as his face changed. He couldn’t stop the intense urge to protect her. “Ooh…do I have to go through your bodyguard first?” Angelus put his game face on and threw a punch at Spike. Spike dodged it, and caught him in the stomach hard, making the other vampire bend in agony.

“Buffy go!” Spike shouted. While Angelus was talking his head off, Buffy was subtly scanning the room looking for her power center. She spotted the box and waited for Spike’s cue. When she heard it, Katya and her booked it to the case and the small vampire broke the lock off. Buffy took the orb in her hand.

Angelus saw this and looked pissed. Spike took the opportunity to punch him hard in the face. The force of it knocked him to his knees. Angelus wasn’t even fighting back anymore. It was like part of him knew it was over. But the other part wasn’t going to stop fighting back. He started standing when Buffy spoke.

“It’s over Angel.” She let the orb drop and it smashed on the marble floor. Yellow light curled up from the floor and floated around her, entering her in the center of her chest. The blonde breathed heavily feeling the power go through her, and her eyes blackened when the light was gone. She looked at Spike, and then at Katya. The little vampire passed her the sword and she took it from her little hands. “It’s over Angelus.” Buffy said again. She strode towards the two other vampires and placed her hand on Spike’s shoulder, silently asking him to step back. Buffy stood talk in front of her ex lover, her head high, and the tip of her sword poking Angelus in the chest.

She walked forward as he walked back, stopping the tip from puncturing the skin. “Everything you did, everything you thought would hurt me…to bring me down, it’s all over now.” She kept on pushing him until his back was pressed against the cold wall. She smiled. “You thought that because I loved you I wouldn’t be able to do this…that I would miss Angel too much.” Angelus looked incredibly calm for the moments before his death. “And some part of me will.” Buffy didn’t see Spike’s head bow in defeat. “But you know what I realized in the few weeks without my memory? That you and Angel are one in the same; hiding behind one another. That without him there would no you and vise versa, and that means he could control you if he so wanted to…but he was weak, and so are you.” She smirked as Angelus swallowed hard. “Spike can control his demon,” she whispered so only he can hear. “Spike is strong, and that makes him a better man then you or Angel could ever be.” With that she pulled out her stake and aimed it at him heart.

Before it even touched his shirt, Angelus grabbed her hand and jerked it to the side, making her lose her weapon, breaking her wrist, and breaking her stance as well. He pushed her away from him and kicked the sword out of her hand. He kicked her in the stomach and she dropped to her knees. He started clapping. “Wow, Buffy! What a speech! That was touching really, I almost cried.” He taunted. He stepped towards her and hauled her onto her feet. Spike ran at him and tackled him to the ground. He was not going to stand around and watch her get hurt.

When Buffy regained her composure, Spike backed off and let Buffy take over. She had her memory back. Spike was sure that Buffy could defeat Angelus, but a part of him was worried that it would be the end of what they had together. She would remember who he was and tell him that it would never work. He tried to keep his composure and Buffy sauntered towards her ex, who was now rising from the ground. Buffy pushed him back down to the ground with her foot, and pierced the sword through his shoulder; pinning him to the ground.

She smiled when he screamed. “I know it won’t kill you…but it hurts doesn’t? To be at someone else’s mercy, to feel incapacitated.” The slayer watched Angelus attempt to cock his leg back to kick at her. “Ah-ah-ah!” she pulled the sword out of his shoulder, and rammed it into his leg. “I’m not finished with you yet. You lied to me…you used Angel against me…to make me believe you. You haunted me in my dreams. You made me fall in love with you, and then you hunted me down like the animal you are.” She crouched down to his level, still gripping the sword. She whispered. “But I’m not going to kill you. I’m not going to kill you because a part of me still loves you…and I hate you for that.”

Angelus smirked at her and breathed an unnecessary sigh of relief. Spike frowned at the events unfolding before him. He couldn’t believe Buffy was going to let him live. He couldn’t believe how naive she was to think that he wouldn’t kill her as soon as he was free. “I guess there’s hope for you yet, Buff.” His cocky tone was prominent.

Buffy grabbed the stake tucked into the waistband of the back of her pants, and plunged it into his heart. She saw the look of shock on his face. “Don’t you hate being lied to?” she asked him with a cold look on her face before he vanished into to dust before her eyes. She took a deep breath before standing and walking over to the other vampires. Spike looked shocked, and Katya looked impressed. Buffy turned to the little vampire. “Go. Take what you need from this place, and go…don’t come back.” She said referring to the mansion. “If I see you again I’ll stake you.” Katya ran to the coffee table and grabbed the wad of money she knew Angelus kept there and left, leaving Buffy and Spike to look at each other.

“You got you’re memory back.” He stated.

Buffy nodded. “Yup. Everything just came flashing back to me when I got my powers back; everything from being a little girl with my parents, to being called and to lying in that hospital bed.” Buffy shook her head as her memories swarm her thoughts.

“And what about after that?” spike asked tilting his head to gauge her reaction.

Buffy’s head snapped up to look at him. “Everything after too.” She whispered.

Spike nodded and took a step closer to her. “And what does that mean…for us? I mean you know how I feel now…about you.” She started nervously. “And I know you felt something too.” He was trying to keep it together. His voice was wavering and his eyes were tearing up, she was just looking at him giving him no indication of what she was going to say.

Buffy closed her eyes, in an attempt to block out the sad expression on his face. He loved her so much, and she didn’t know how she was going to break this to him after everything he did for her. She relied on him over anyone else, built a friendship with him, and had feelings for him that she couldn’t explain. “I did…feel something.” She claimed as she opened her eyes. She instantly regretted it. Spike’s head hung in despair at her words.

“Did.” He repeated quietly.

“I did. But…I don’t know what I felt. I wasn’t myself; I didn’t know what I knew then or now. All I knew was you.” Tears were coming to her eyes and she tried hard to keep them at bay so she could get out what she wanted to say. “All I knew was how you were there and that you were the one that saved me, that you were the only one that understood me. My past with you didn’t affect me because I wasn’t there to live it out.” Buffy took a step towards him and he took a step back, wounded. “I appreciate everything you did for me…”

Spike was starting to get angry despite the tears falling down his cheeks. He knew this was going to happen. That’s why he wanted to stay away in the first place…so she wouldn’t hurt him like she was doing now. “But…” he predicted.

Buffy sighed. “But I can’t be with you. Not until I figure out my feelings; if they’re real and they’re there,” she continued placing her hand on her heart. “Or if I just fell in love with the idea of loving my hero.” She took a step closer and this time he didn’t move, he just let her get close and cried silently as she raised her hand to his face. “I’m not mad at you about what happened that morning.” Spike didn’t have to guess that she was talking about the morning he told her that he loved her and that amazing kiss they shared. “You felt you needed to tell me, and I don’t think I would have reacted that way under any other circumstances, so I’m glad that you had her to tell.” Buffy stroked his cheek, as a tear trickled down hers. “I’ve never felt that loved by anyone.” She shook her head as her voice choked up. “So thank you.” She whispered. Buffy placed a soft kiss to his lips before letting her hand trail down his cheek, then neck, then chest. She walked past him and out of the mansion, leaving him there to weep as his heart broke.

She never meant to hurt him. But she knew that if she led him to believe there was something there, when there wasn’t it would only hurt him even more, and the thought alone made her heart clench.
End Notes:
there you go guys. I didn't want it to be so that when she got her memories back she'd be all in love and running into his arms, because that's just not our Buffy. I wanted her to be completely different from her non-jaded self. and i hope that i protrayed that for you. please leave a comment after the beep


BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!
We Can Do That by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
okay this is the last chapter....i hope you like it. please review and tell me what you think
Chapter 16: We Can Do That



It had been two weeks since Buffy defeated Angelus, since she got her memory back, and since she broke Spike’s heart. He had moved out at her dismay, but told her that it was too hard being so close. Buffy tried to fall back into her school work, but was having trouble concentrating on anything but the broken look on Spike’s face when she walked away from him that night.

He had removed himself completely from her life which she wasn’t used to. He was there everyday for so long and even before she lost her memory she was used to having him around. Now, he barely popped in to tell her if there was any demony trouble coming. Joyce had asked about him on occasion on the odd days that she was home. Buffy felt isolated. Her mother was always working out of town, Willow was busy with school, spells and Oz, Xander was occupied with work and Anya, and Giles always wanted to talk about slaying or doing research for different things. Spike was the only person she wanted to talk to, the only person that actually understood her and she pushed him away.

Buffy ran down the stairs from her bedroom, and grabbed her coat before slamming the door behind her. It was just starting to get dark so she knew he wouldn’t have left his place. Spike mentioned that he was staying in his old crypt at Restfield after he left, so Buffy made her way in that direction. She was nervous; she really had no idea what she was going to say to him. She just hoped that it came out right. Buffy didn’t even notice she was there until she saw her hand rise to knock. Knock? Buffy never knocked…she just walked right in. But this time she did…felt it was right for some reason. She didn’t even know if she was welcome in his life let alone his home. So she knocked.

A second or two later, Spike opened the heavy door and didn’t look surprised that she was standing there. He didn’t even look pleased, or anything for that matter. His face was completely void of any expression. Buffy just kept his stare for a moment hoping to see something…anything.

“Is there something you wanted?” he asked, but he wasn’t even looking at her.

Buffy sighed. “Can I come in?”

Spike clenched his jaw and stepped to the side letting her know that she could, but still she looked at him. “You don’t need an invite you know.” He said sharply. She flinched and brushed past him. He closed the door behind her and walked back to the couch chair he was sitting in while Buffy stood awkwardly in front of him. “What is it you came here for Buffy?” Spike sounded exhausted.

Buffy paused. She really didn’t know; she just really wanted to see him. “I wanted to see you.” She said quietly.

“Why?” He was angry at her answer to his question.

Buffy decided that being honest was the best idea. There was no point in lying after everything they went through. “I missed you…I haven’t seen you in two weeks, Spike. You haven’t even called.” Her voice wavered a bit.

Spike stood up from his chair to stand in front of her. “You were the one that told me you needed space, well that’s what I’m giving you…lots and lots of space.” He put his arms out to his sides. He walked away from her to grab a beer from the fridge.

Buffy felt tears well in her eyes. “I never said that! I needed time to figure out my feelings for you…I didn’t expect you to completely remove yourself from my life!” she yelled back at him. “I was so used to having you there, and then all of a sudden you’re gone.”

Spike whipped around to glare at her. “You couldn’t have expected me to stay in that house with you after everything! I love you, Buffy, that’s not going to change. But how am I suppose to be so close to you and not have you?!” he bellowed with a clear pain in his voice.

Buffy softened. “I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you. But you have to understand how confused I am right now. First we were friends…and then something more. I-I don’t know where that leaves us now.” She stammered out, looking at her fidgeting hands. “But what I do know is that the past couple of weeks have been really hard without you.” She whispered.

Spike let the ease of her words roll over him and walked towards her. “I know, luv. I’ve missed you too…I just don’t want you to feel pressured into making a decision that you’re not ready to make.” Spike had both of his hands cupping her face and wiped the tear that trickled down her cheek.

Buffy held his hands. “I’m not….just-” she stopped herself to bury her face in his chest and hug him close. “Come home.” Spike heard her murmur into his shirt.

Come home, he thought to himself. Buffy considered her home to be his home. Spike let the giddy smile that was creeping onto his face show. He ran his hands lovingly over her back and her hair. “Okay.” He whispered. “I’ll come home.”

* * * * *

By the end of the week, Spike was moved back into the basement. He brought his bed with him as well as his TV and mini fridge. Buffy didn’t want her mother finding jars of blood again. The two blondes had yet to talk about the grounds of their relationship, but both knew that the need to be close to each other was overwhelming.

Buffy hadn’t told her friends about Spike moving back in and the changes in their relationship recently. While Buffy lost her memory, she told her friends that because Spike was the first person she ‘met’ she was more comfortable having him around. They accepted, Xander reluctantly, but did all the same. Now was a different story. They expected better judgment from her now that she had all her memories, but yet nothing had changed for Buffy and Spike. At night, Buffy would frequently find herself creeping downstairs to watch TV with Spike; cuddling up on the big bed to fall asleep, only to sneak back upstairs in the early morning so her mother didn’t suspect anything.

Joyce had no qualms about letting Spike back into the house. She enjoyed his company, and he paid his way for groceries, which she didn’t see very much of. In the time that Spike was away, Joyce noticed the sullen mood that had fallen over her daughter. Now that he was back, it seemed like the smile never left her face.

It was early morning, around five o’clock when Joyce quietly moved about the kitchen grabbing a quick breakfast and gathering her papers for work. She was to get inventory ready for a showing later in the week and she decided to go early and get a jumpstart on the day. The older lady paused when she heard a creak coming from the basement door. She assumed it was Spike, used to his weird sleeping patterns, but was surprised to see it was her daughter sneaking up the wooden steps.

Buffy froze when saw her mother, as she closed the basement door behind her. “Hi mom…what are you doing up this early?” she quickly took the focus off her.

That didn’t work. Joyce placed her hands on her hips and frowned. “I’m going in early to do some inventory…why are you coming from the basement this early?” Joyce shot back.

Buffy was like a fish out of water. “I-I-I was, um I was watching TV with William last night a-a-and I forgot to come upstairs.” Buffy mental slapped herself.

Joyce raised her brows. “You forgot?”

The blonde started to backtrack. “Well I didn’t forget,” Buffy laughed as she rolled her eyes. “I fell asleep. Over the covers.” Her mother was still looking at her like she didn’t believe her story. “I woke up to infomercials, and decided now would be a time to get back to my own bed.” Buffy smiled big in the hopes that her mother would let it go. She wasn’t totally lying anyway. Buffy did fall asleep down there…but with the intention of falling asleep down there wrapped in his arms and definitely under the covers.

Joyce sighed and pointed at her. “I’m letting this go only once because I have to get going. But don’t you dare let me catch you sneaking down there or out of there again.” She demanded. Buffy nodded wildly. “And that goes for your room too. I get that you two are seeing each other now and you’re lucky enough that I let him move back in, but I don’t want to have to tell Mr. Giles that his son is no longer allowed to stay here because of this.” She said sternly.

“Yes, mom I totally understand.” Buffy nodded again.

Joyce was about to leave when she turned back to Buffy with a frown on her face. “You know I’ve always wondered why William never stayed with his father.”

Buffy quickly thought something up. “Well, they fight a lot…can’t really agree on anything. They both find their relationship works better when they’re not under the same roof.” Which was definitely true.

“Hm…okay well I’ll see you tonight, sweetheart.” Joyce gave her daughter a kiss. “And remember what I said.” And with that she left the house for the day.

Buffy smiled, and crept back down the stairs. When she hit the bottom, she spotted Spike sitting upright in the bed, waiting for her. “I thought the mom said you weren’t allowed down here anymore.” Spike stated with a smile.

“Nooo,” Buffy jumped onto the bed and slid herself into his arms. “She said that she didn’t want to catch me coming down here…she never said that I couldn’t when she wasn’t around.” She grinned slyly.

The vampire smirked. “So you found the loophole. That’s my girl.” He kissed her forehead. “So what shall we do until she gets home?” Since he came back, Spike never pushed her to make a decision about where he stood in her life, and Buffy never shared what decision she made, if she even made one. Both lived life the way they wanted with no pressure. So to say he was surprised was an understatement, when he heard the next words to come out of her mouth.

“Nothing.” She closed her eyes. “I just want to vegetate down here and enjoy the company of my boyfriend. Can we do that?” Spike heard her sleepy voice whisper.

Spike couldn’t contain the beaming smile. “Yes we can do that….we can definitely do that.” Spike closed his eyes and followed her into slumber.



THE END
End Notes:
please review!! thank you for reading
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=24846