Lamia Edo by heathermh
Summary: Trying to survive, Buffy traveled with her adoptived father and grandfather. Now it is time to take the fight to those that wish to kill her.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 6889 Read: 8324 Published: 06/15/2007 Updated: 08/14/2007

1. One by heathermh

2. One by heathermh

3. three by heathermh

4. four by heathermh

5. Five by heathermh

6. Six by heathermh

One by heathermh
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer:They are not mine, I just want to play. I take no claim on these characters.
A/N: If it looks like I am taking an idea from someone else, I did not mean to. As far as I know, these ideas are all my own.
In a world without a champion,
the Vampire Devourer comes.
Conceived of two mortals,
Born of two vampires.
From her birth she shall
call forth allies to her side.
Hers is the beginning of a new race.
Day and Night will end its battle,
a new era shall begin.
The battle against evil has begun,
Lead by the Peace Bringers.

Chapter One

And so, it begins.......

Hank gently wiped a cool cloth across his mate’s brow. He was at a loss as to what to do. When he was turned, his one thought was of his wife; the concept of spending an eternity without her was unbearable. He did the only logical thing, at least in his mind, and turned her also. When they found that she had been with child when she was turned, and that apparently the child was still growing, they fled the vampire clan in fear. The others wanted to dust her. She was an unknown. Five months had passed and now it was time.

“The baby will not come, my love, and I do not know what to do,” Hank said in terror. Just then his beloved screamed. Hank could not bear it and he covered his ears. Even with his hands acting as a shield, blood poured from his damaged ear drums. He closed his eyes in pain, fell over, and blacked out, unable to withstand the torturous sound.

He slowly opened his senses trying to figure out what happened. It hit him like a tidal wave that he was unable to stand against. His mate was gone. The grief rolled over him in waves of pain. The connection was gone. He was alone. He could no longer feel her with his mind. His demon roared in anger and despair. After a few moments, or it could have been hours or days, another presence began to make itself known.

Hank opened his eyes and looked upon his daughter for the first time. Power, it had to be power, made his demon want to run. The feeling, no, the need, to survive told him to run. Hank pushed that back. This child was all that he had left of his wife. He gently picked up the child, dusted his mate’s ashes off her, and cradled her head against his neck with one hand, leaving his other free to help him stand.

Suddenly he felt a sharp pain and jerked his daughter away from him. Blood dribbled down his neck. Hank was shocked to say the least. He narrowed his eyes and actually looked at his daughter for the first time. Her eyes were silver instead of gold. Her face did not look like a normal vampire, as far as he could tell, but she did have two small fangs. And she was crying. Hank slowly placed her back at his neck and his daughter once again latched on and started suckling.

“Well, I guess this means that you are not human, child,” Hank chuckled. “Now we need a name; how about Elizabeth, yeah?" Hank chuckled again, using a finger to wipe off some of the blood that covered the child’s lower face. “Yes, I think Elizabeth is perfect. Daddy’s little Buffy.” Hank chuckled yet again as he went off to clean his daughter.

~*~

Seven years, seven months later……..

Angel walked along the streets of L.A. with hunched shoulders, his mind in turmoil. He kept going back to earlier that night. He kept playing what the homeless woman had said over and over in his mind. Her words had shocked him. So much so, that by the time the shock wore off, he could find no trace of her.

“Your torment will come to an end, just make the right choice. Remember what her soul has taught you.”

Sulking along, his shoulders fell even lower, thinking there was no way that a human could even come close to knowing the guilt he bore. No one could understand his guilt, for that was his curse- to bear a greater guilt than ever known to human- or demon-kind.

Angel stopped. ‘What was that?’ Using stealth learned from over two hundred and fifty years of existence, he made his way to the sounds of fighting. He had no intention of stopping it; he was just curious. Watching a good fight was the only thing that brought him even the smallest amount of pleasure. After one hundred years of this curse, well, beggars could not be choosers.

By the time that he got there, the fight was over. He was, however, able to hear what was being said without letting anyone know that he was listening.

“You should have just killed her. Then, maybe, you could have lived.”

“She is my daughter! I will not kill her!”

“Well, now, you have no choice. The poison will reduce you to dust before you can get back to her. There is no way you can stop us now. We will find her. And as you lay there, unable to move, slowly turning to dust, know that you could have given her an easy death. But no, you had to fight and disobey the order. The Master will sup upon her blood, and he will make sure that she will suffer for the past eight years that you have dared to think that you could win against your sire.”

Angel watched as the vampire turned and left. He let his eyes drift to the other vampire that lay on the alley floor. He was surprised when he heard the man wail his grief out into the night.

“My Elizabeth, I have failed. My poor Buffy, I am so sorry!!” He was dust before the echo of his cry died.

It took only seconds to make a choice. He would save this child. As he took off to follow the other, he didn't think of his decision, didn't realize that this was the first step to lifting his curse and changing his demon.





A/N: Please let me know what you think. I welcome all honest comments. If you have any ideas that you think would improve the story or find something not explained well enough, please let me know, or else my writing will never improve.
.
One by heathermh
Author's Notes:
I always hated how Spike graveled for Buffy and she just beat him down, repeatedly. This is my chance to give him what I beleive he deserves, a chance at love without losing his sense of self in the process. Plus, I always wonder how he would of turned out if instead of turtured when turned, if he was actualy shown some sorta love? Just a thought.
Eight years later…….

Buffy slowly made her way through the graveyard. Tonight was feeding night. She could survive four to five days in between feedings, longer if needed. She sat down beside a fresh grave. This one would be rising soon. She could feel him rising up, just a few more minutes and it would be free of the dirt. Suddenly a hand shot through the dirt and Buffy grabbed it and pulled up. The vampire roared and lunged for her neck focusing on the pulse point. Silver eyes flashed and in less than a second she had turned the demon around and plunged her own fangs into his neck. In one minute he was drained. Dropping the husk of the vampire, Buffy took a moment to force her on demon back down. Once she was in complete control again, she quickly dispatched the vampire with a stake through the heart.

She loved feeding nights. For one, Giles keep Angel in and away from her with some pretense of needing his ‘expertise’. Angel never could watch her feed; it reminded him to much of his vampire family, one that he had been banished from. On these nights, she could be free.

Buffy came upon a group of vampires, there was maybe ten, or fifteen. “Look what we got here boys, a sweet little girl alone at night. Don’t you know it is not safe? There are things that go bump in the night.” The vampires circled around Buffy. She couldn’t resist saying “Yea, me!” before tearing into them. High on blood and enjoying the rare encounter of not only having to hold back, but also having an actual challenge, she dropped the stake. Moving fast, she rained blows and kicks down on the unsuspecting vampires. Taking the time to enjoy the fight, she was able to draw it out to about thirty minutes before the last one ended in a pile of dust.

Oh yeah, she really loved feeding nights. As she wondered around town, killing a vamp here and there, she let her mind wonder over the last eight years. To the night that Angel found her.


She knew immediately the moment her father turned to dust. Their sire/childe bond was severed. Buffy fell to the living room floor. Her grief was heart rending. The eight year old child willed herself to stand. Her one thought was to get to Giles, he could protect her. In a daze she let herself out the door.

She had barely made it outside of the door when they found her. Slowly her face rose to look at the vampire in front of her. Before her grief stricken mind could even process the danger, they were fighting someone. She stood there wondering who would be stupid enough to fight a group of vamps. Then they were gone, and all that was left was her and the dark knight.

“You killed them?”

“Yes, your safe now.”

“But you killed them and you’re still alive?”

“Yes, well, I am stronger than I look. Are you Buffy?” She nodded her head yes, still trying to process a thought. “Buffy, child, we need to get you to safety, please come with me?”

“Giles.”

“What?”

“Giles, he can protect us. I have to get there. My daddy is dead.” Then she fainted.


Buffy was brought out of her trip down memory lane at the sight of the basher demon. His 6’6” towered over her 5’2” frame. She ran her eyes over his teal skin and focused for a second on the club like limbs.

“Lamia Edo, tonight, you die!”

“That line is so not scary. Now, if you said something like, ohh, I don’t know, ‘I’m going to tear you limb from limb,’ or ‘I’m going to ripe your head off and drink from you neck’ then that would at least be new.” Buffy took off and landed a blow that sent him back twenty feet. Walking up to him as if she did not have a care in the world, she continued talking.

“Or here is a good one, ‘tonight is your last dance’, wait a minute, I like that one.” She looked down at the demon.

“Hey ugly, tonight is your last dance.” She then bent down and twisted his head off. Feeling the adrenalin rush wearing off, Buffy decided to head home.

“I so need better dance partners.”



Buffy came to a stand still outside of Giles’ home. Inside were two of the most important beings of her life. After that night, Angel has become her father, in more ways than one. To the human world, Angel adopted her after her parents, his ‘brother and sister-in-law’, were killed in a car wreck when she was a baby. To the demon world, Angel found the baby abandoned and decided that he was lonely, and wanted a family again. Then again, some of the demons think of her only as Angel’s beloved pet. But she knows the truth; it is all mostly lies to protect her from the Master and her father’s sire.

She does look upon Angel as her father, not that she has forgotten her real father. After playing the role for so long, thou, the feelings came. She has never called him father, or dad, or even daddy, but the feelings are there.

And then there was Giles, also known as the Ripper. A friend of her father’s before he was turned. Hank never contacted him, but he had drilled Buffy on the Ripper’s information from the time she could talk. The Ripper would protect his daughter, of that he was sure, and was correct. When Buffy and Angel finally convinced Giles that they were telling the truth, he packed up and moved them to Florida, then Canada, then Texas, and so many different places that Buffy has forgotten most of them. He stopped using the name Ripper, and went back to Rupert Giles, and soon filling the role of grandfather with Buffy. Sighing, Buffy went inside. Immediately, she wished she had not.

“Angel, I think it is time. We need to start planning on how to take out the Master.” Buffy froze. Surely she did not just hear what she thought Giles had said.

~*~

Some where in China………….

A woman sat straight up in her bed. She tilted her head to the side and listened to voices that only she could hear.

“It is time, Daddy need us. Sunshine will soon outshine the moon and our family will be whole. Soon we shall dance and sing, and blood shall cover us, and we will no longer flee from the sun. It is time.”

“Daddy does not need us, he left.”

“Nonononononono!” She wailed and started pulling at her hair. “Daddy calls, he calls. He is finally ready for tea and cakes. Come now! We go now!! Daddy and the sunshine wait. Now! Now! Now!”

“Shhh, we’ll go darling, calm down. I promise we’ll go find Daddy.”

Gently she raised a hand to her companion’s cheek. “You make Mummy so proud, and soon you will be proud of Mummy also. Just wait, my William, soon you will be with the light just like I saw when I first saw you. We are about to meet our destiny. The pixies have shown me such wonderful things and I have been faithful. I have groomed you for the dance, and my reward shall be Daddy, and my family. I have leaded you down the road toward the party from the being to save you such heart ache. You are going to be so proud of Mummy, just wait and see. Just wait and see.” Then she drifted of to sleep.


Spike gently picked up Drusilla and carried her to the bed. His heart ached as he bent down and tenderly kissed her forehead. His poor Dru. Sighing, he stood to go pack. Calling to the others, he let them know that Dru had another vision and it was time to go.
three by heathermh
Chapter Three


Buffy stood there looking at Angel and Giles. They had stopped talking as soon as the words as left Giles’ mouth this was not how they wanted to approach the subject with her. Buffy decided the best way to deal was to basically be plaino avoid-o-girl. Maybe it would actually work this time.


“Hey guys! I fought another basher tonight. He said the strangest thing before I killed him. Let’s see, something like Linda duo, I think? No! I know, it was Lamia Edo, that’s it, whatever that means. Anyway really tired,*fake yawn*, think I will go to bed early tonight. You know well rested for that ‘pop’ quiz that Giles is going to spring on me tomorrow on Greek. Nighty night.” The whole time that Buffy was talking she was edging her way out of the living room. She thought that she might actually make it and avoid the subject that she was avoiding.


“Buffy, stop.” Angel’s voice stopped her in midstep. Inwardly she winced, ‘Almost made it, damn!’ “Let’s go meditate, and then we can talk.” Her shoulders slumped, with a heavy sigh, she followed Angel to the room that they had set aside for meditating and limited training.


Buffy concentrated on her breathing and controlling her movements. She slowly was able to empty her mind and let the fear and anger that always came with any mention of the Master.


“I can still hear your heartbeat.” Buffy increased her concentration on stilling an organ that she had no need of.


“I know you heard us.”


“No, I didn’t. I heard no mention of the Master.”


“Yes you did lass, quick avoiding the issue. You knew this time would come.”


“Does not me I have to like it.”


“We can beat him Buffy. Giles and I will not let anything happen to you.”


“Yeah, I know. It’s hard though. I mean this is the guy that has been trying to kill me since before I was born. I know that we have defeated everything that he has thrown at us, but he was still able to have my father killed. What if he got to you or Giles? I don’t think that I would survive without either one of you.” Buffy stopped and turned towards Angel with tears streaming down her face. Angel promptly pulled her into a hug and held her tight.


“If, and I stress if, that should happen, you would go on. You would survive. And if something should happen that Giles or I should depart like that, then we would still watch over you. The powers that be themselves would not be able to keep us from watching over you.”


“I know. So, what is this place like?”


“Actually, Sunnydale sits on a hellmouth. There should not be any trouble for you to feed or letting you have ‘your daily dose of violence’ as Giles puts it. I actually think you will like it. Plus, Giles and I have been talking, and we decide that when we get there, you can enroll in school.”


“You mean with other kids my age, humans?”


“Yes, other kids your age that are humans. Which also means keeping your strength a secrete, not letting anyone know what you really are. If we can keep you being there from the master, then when we do attack, we will have the advantage. So, what do you say?”


“Can I have friends?”


“That would make you less likely to stand out.”


“Ok, I guess. You know what this means don’t you?” she asked with a twinkle in her eyes.


“What?” he asked warily.


“I need a new clothes to look all normal girl. We need to go shopping!” Buffy exclaimed excited.


“Sure, as soon as you get an A in Greek.” Angle smugly replied.


“But I am not studying Greek!” She said in dismay.


“You are now.”


“But I don’t need to learn Greek! We discussed this last year!”


“Then you don’t need new clothes.”


“Fine, I guess I’m learning Greek.” Buffy stormed off to her room with a pout. Angle was able to hear ‘stupid vampire’ and ‘learn to keep my mouth shut’ floating down the hall. Chuckling to himself, he started to pick up the training room. Giles agreed with him that Buffy was extremely intelligent, she just did not want to study, so she hid it behind the ‘dumb blonde’ persona. But there were times that she would slip up.

~*~


The Master was very displeased with his favorite childe. It was rare for him to punish anyone personally; usually Darla dealt out the punishment while he watched. He loved to watch, but this time it was Darla who had earned his ire. She knew better. After the failure of her only two childer, he had forbidden her to sire anymore. She had disobeyed him and her lasted childe had destroyed over half his minions. He had told all his clan to be careful of whom you turn, and never turn gypsies.


Darla had decided she wanted a new plaything. Angelus was gone, his curse disgusted her. Hank turned his back on her immediately and turned his wife. The master was still trying to fix the mess that came of that. And finally there was Jenny, a gypsy. She was so enraged when she awoke that she destroyed vampires with just a flick of her wrist as she stormed out. The only ones who survived where the ones who were out hunting, and the master who was in his bedchamber.


He flicked the whip again and it tore off the only remain piece of skin on her back. He signed with disappointment. She had passed out, either from blood loss or pain, he didn’t care. He sat down on his throne to wait for her awaking. While he waited he thought of other ways to punish his wayward childe. She would learn once and for all that he was her master, he was THE master, and she would obey him, or she would dust.
four by heathermh
Author's Notes:
Just so you know, Lamia Edo is latin for Vampire Devourer.
Chapter Four


Buffy sat in the Sunnydale High library thanking about the past two months. When she first started school, she had been horribly shy. She was unsure about how to act since she had never been around this many humans before much less any one her own age. Apparently shyness was uncool.


She had made a new friend though, when she saved her from a vamp. Willow was shy also, but she and Buffy seemed to click that night. Xander, Willow’s best friend since grade school, she was not sure about, but he was Willow’s best friend so she put up with him for Willow. She did not want to alienate her first and only friend.


The down side to saving them was now they looked upon her as some sort of hero. The next night they had shown up at her door to help ‘save the innocence from the evil vampire masses’. To say the least, Angel and Giles were NOT happy. The only way she was able to convince them not to withdraw her from school was that Willow and Xander had no idea that she was not human. They just believed that she was well trained in martial arts. That lasted all of three days, and then they found at that she was stronger than a normal human girl. Thank God for Giles. He came up with some story about something called a slayer. They fell for it hook, line and sinker.


Another down side was that because of them, it was harder to feed. Her need for vampire blood was increasing and her need for human food decreasing. Giles said that he believed that the reason for that was she was drawing upon her demon attributes more, plus, and this was just a guess, she had reached an age in which human girls growth slows down, decreasing her need for that type of nourishment, and maybe also causing her increase need of blood. With the Scooby gang, as Xander called him and Willow, hanging around, she was only able to get drinks here and there when they were not looking. It had been two long months since she had drank her fill or been able to totally relax and let herself go unchecked. It left her antsy and on edge. She would have to do something soon.


“Giles!! We need to talk.” Buffy yelled out as she entered the Magic Box, a store that Giles had bought a couple of weeks after they arrived in Sunnydale.


Giles looked up from the inventory ledger that he was going through and gazed at Buffy.


“And how may I help you today, dear one?” He asked while raising an eyebrow.


“I need a reason for Willow and Xander not to come tonight. I need to feed. I need to let loose. I have been holding back and it’s about to drive me crazy!” Buffy plopped down at the reach table. They have been trying for around eight years to find out what she was and only been able to come up with that she was not human. Buffy raised her eyes to Giles and pouted, “Pleassse Giles, I need your help.”


Giles signed and set down beside her. “Well, I did notice what appeared to be a Gortanine demon over in Reed Cemetery last night. Real nasty buggers if I do say so myself. And since I am your ‘watcher’” and with that Giles shuddered,” I have found it necessary for you not have the children with you when you take it out. They would only distract you. How does that sound?”


“Oh Giles you’re the best! They will be here soon. Will you tell them soon? I am so excited. A night of hunting and fighting with out worrying, you’re the best!” And with that Buffy practly skipped to the training room they had set up in the back.


She began stretching thinking of the upcoming night with giddiness. Just the thought of having more than a mouth full at a time had her mouth watering. Going through the routine work plan, Buffy let her mind wonder. So lost in her thoughts, she never felt the other presence enter the room.


“So you’re the being that would not let me leave town.” Buffy instantly faced the vampire. She was beautiful. Even dead her skin held a sun kissed look. Jet black hair flowed around her face. She wore a long ruby red silk skirt, and a sky blue silk peasant blouse. Her feet were bear.


“You are just a child but yet you hold such power. Are you sure that you are ready to face your destiny child? Are you ready to know what you truly are?”


“I think the question should be what right do you have to question me?" Buffy contered.


Suddenly Giles burst through the door with his face planted in the middle of a book. “Buffy, when you fi…..” His voice trailing off as he noticed that she was not alone. Then he felt it, the magic was pouring off of the female. He lifted his hand to entrap the witch before him but before the first word was finished, he was lifted into the air and held against the wall, unable to move or speak, with just a twirl and twist of her hand. His eyes grew wide, or they would have, as the two supernatural beings continued their talk, one angered, and other, submissive? Something was not right here. Using a mind link that he had setup years ago, Giles called for Angel. Maybe he could help because right now, he was helpless.


Giles tried to understand what was being said, but all that keep going through his mind was Buffy had not been telling them everything. Suddenly the door banged open once again. Angel stood in shock at the vampire before him.


“Hello Angelus, how has the soul been treating you?” Jenny smirked at the stunned Angel.


“Oh dear God, she actually turned a gypsy!!”





A/N- I will also be loading three chapters from another story that I am writing. Once that is done, I will post here like I do for the other website that I am posting on. Three chapters of one story, then three chapters of the other story (although not three chapters at once). Right now I am working on chapter five of Lamia Edo.
I hope that you all continue to read and enjoy what I wrote.
Five by heathermh
Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy!!! And thank you for your reveiws!!!!!!!!
Chapter Five


“You harm one hair on his head and your dust.” Buffy felt her fangs grow in anger.

Jenny slightly bowed her head. “I only stopped him so we could talk. So, you’re the one gathering the army.”

“I am not gathering an army. No army gathering going on. What are you talking about?” Buffy tilted her head in confusion.

“What do you think the vampires that you let live have been doing?” Jenny asked.

“I do not know what you are talking about!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Surely you have not forgotten about the ten vampires that you have claimed over the past two years?” Jenny eyes widened in surprised.

“Hey! There has been no claiming.”

“Ah, but there have been, and they have been busy creatures, very busy creatures. As we speak right now, they are moving towards the hellmouth gathering demons along the way. They are answering your call. And they are ready to fight to the death for their Queen.”

“Listen lady, I don’t know were you are getting your information, but there has been no calling, I should know, since you claim I am the one doing it. I am not building an army or claiming vampires or anything else you seem to believe I’ve done. I have just been living here with my family, one of which you have suspended up against a wall, and going to school. You have the wrong person.”

“Are you not the vampire devourer?”

“Some have called me that,” Buffy answered.

“Then I have the right demon.”

“Why are you here?” Buffy asked, suddenly tired of the conversation.

Once again Jenny bowed her head, this time bringing her arms, wrists up, in front of her.

“Because, Your Highness, I have come to aid in the up coming battle. I offer my services to help you protect you and yours. I offer my knowledge to help guide you in the war between humans, demons, good, and evil. I offer my body to guard the being that will bring in a new era.”

Buffy stood there contemplating what the vampire before her had said. If what she said was true, then the dreams that have plaguing her for the past ten months were going to come true. She also wondered how this vampire knew about the ten she had let go. She was wrong about the claiming; well she was almost certain that she was wrong.

Buffy pulled forth her game face; there was one way to find out if she was telling the truth. After years of feeding off vampires, Buffy knew that by tasting their blood, she could sort tell what their intents were. That was why she had let those ten go. They were good people before they were turned and they were determined not to let their new status change that.

Buffy walked slowly to Jenny, stopping two feet away. She grabbed an arm and raised it to her mouth. Keeping her eyes on the other’s face, she bit the wrist.

Honesty, power, and magic; she could taste all three in the vampire’s blood. Then it hit, wave after way wave of visions, fighting with the smearing of blood. They were all the same, yet different. They passed too quickly on most for her to remember details. The ones that lingered long enough for her to pick up any details showed her fighting with a warrior with whitish hair with a black duster. She wasn’t able to see any facial features, just her and him clearing out any and all that stood before them.

Buffy focused her eyes and looked into the eyes of the woman before her.

“I offer to you as those before you; follow my rules, my orders, and help me if I call upon you and I will protect you the same as my family.”

“I am yours.” Jenny answered bowing her head. Then for the second time since this talk began, the door to the training room burst open. Buffy and Jenny both snapped their heads toward the intruder. When they saw who it was, Buffy sighed in relief, she was so not in the mood to fight right now, and Jenny just smirked.

“Hello Angelus, how has the soul been treating you?”

Angel stared at the vampire before him; he could feel the family bond coming off of her. It took a second to place, having never come in contact with any of Darla’s childer. As a matter of fact, to the best of his knowledge, he was the only one. Then he felt the magic rolling in waves off of her, the same kind of magic he felt once before, about a century ago.

“Oh dear God, she actually turned a gypsy!!”

“Yes, I know, she doesn’t seem too bright,” Jenny snarked. Buffy raised an eyebrow and asked, “Do you know each other?”

“Not personally,” Jenny replied, “but it was my clan that cursed Angelus here with the soul.”

“And now it seems we now have the same sire,” Angel added. Buffy closed her eyes focused on her sense of smell. It took a minute of deep concentration, but she finally found it. That smell, one she over looked after smelling it all her life. The smell was slightly different though, a heavier, older smell clung to it. After mentally kicking herself for over looking it earlier, Buffy filed the scents away to use and ponder later.

“That is all peachy keen, really, but you still have explaining to do.” Buffy pointed towards the female vampire. “First let Giles go, then tell me your name, and then, explain how you seem to know all this stuff that you were talking about before. Plainly. With none of the cryptic-y-ness that you seem to prefer.”


~*~


Some where in the jungles of Africa, Spike trudged behind Dru carrying a large heavy trunk. Needless to say he was not happy. For the past three months, he and his crew have followed her to various countries to purchase any array of different items. At first he thought they were for her when she saw Angelus again, but then he started to notice that these where not the type of things that she liked or could wear. First it was the silks, in gold, silver and greens. Then it was the leathers. These were not her usually color choices and he has never seen her wear leather in all the years since he has been turned. His second clue was when he saw the finished garments, they were too small. Hearing Dru start to mumble to herself brought Spike out of his musing.

“Such a bad mum I’ll be. Don’t want that. Missed the first fifteen, can’t miss the sixteenth. Must be a good mum. Must hurry or we will miss the games. My William will be sore if he misses the games. Will be all grrr. Sunshine will love all the presents. Will help her and William win the game. They will become the prince and princess of the ball. My happy family. Such a bad mum I’ll be, don’t want that, can’t be late…..:

On and on Drusilla went repeating those phrases over and over again, in some form or other. He knew by now that these were for ‘sunshine’, whoever she might be. The swords, and knives, and leather clothing that had a finely worked chain mail sewn in between, lead him to believe that she was a warrior. The silk dresses, jewelry, purses, make-up made him doubt. The plush animals, porcelain dolls, complete with changes of clothes, and doll furniture, made him think that maybe this time he was completely off when trying to understand Dru’s ramblings.
Six by heathermh
Chapter Six


Setting around the table, Jenny began her tale.

“My name is Janna, but I go by Jenny. I was born into the tribe that placed the curse upon Angelus here.”

“Angel,” Angel interrupted.

“What?” Jenny asked confused.

“Angel, my name is Angel, I’m not the monster Angelus, that’s the demon,” he answered. Jenny giggled. They looked at her surprised. Then she giggled again.

“I don’t see what’s so funny!” Angel growled. This caused Jenny to explode into full blown laughter.

“You’re what’s funny! How long have you been claiming that crap Angelus?” Jenny asked once her laughter died down.

“What do you mean crap! It’s the truth! I am no longer Angelus, I have a soul! The demon is not apart of whom I am!” Angel exploded.

“You seriously believe that?” Jenny asked in shock. Buffy head bounced back and forth between the two, her curiosity peeked. This was a subject that Angel refused to discuss with her, along with why he had his soul, and what he was like before. Apparently, she was about to find all this out, and maybe more. Giles was also curious, like Buffy, Angel refused to discuss how he got the soul, only telling him that he was cursed for the death of a gypsy girl. But he had one up on Buffy, he knew about Angelus’ past. He knew what the vampire was like before the curse.

Jenny starred at Angel looking as if she was trying to read the very soul that her ancestors had forced upon him. Surely, he wasn’t serious. No, he was. Some how, he had decided that the soul was in charge, that the demon was caged. Well this was no good. The child was going to need all the help she could get before and after the war started, and having a delusional fool of a vampire for a father would only hinder her. She only hoped that this has not already hindered the poor girl, for if it had, then it was going to get a lot worse way before it could even begin to get better. Maybe her vampire status was actually a blessing With her having her own ‘demon’, maybe Jenny’s words would caring more weight. Taking a deep breath, Jenny decided that first thing first: set Angelus straight about the curse; then if needed, explain what really happened when a person was turned.

“Angelus, Gitana’s soul is not in control. She never has been, she never will be. That would defeat the purpose of the curse. And if the curse is ever lifted, then you would be just like you were, if not worse, before you were cursed.”

“Why not just curse him with his own soul?” Giles asked.

“You can not curse someone with something they already have.” Jenny answered simply.

“What about his human soul?” Buffy asked this time, her confusion evident as her nose softly crunched up. “I mean couldn’t you, or they, just use the soul he possessed before he was turned?”

Jenny looked at Buffy, and then looked at Giles, and then Angelus, who had gone even paler if that was possible. Maybe they would be able to figure this out on there own since it looked like Angelus never took the time to explain vampires.

“You can not curse someone with something they already have.” Jenny’s simple answer was once again repeated. She hoped that Angelus would be prompted to explain her answer. Maybe it would be more believable if it came from him.

“NO!!! You lie, that is not the truth.” Angel exploded, his hand closing around her throat, lifting her up, before anyone was able to blink. “I am NOT Angelus, I am ANGEL, I have MY soul, I AM NOT THE DEMON!”

‘Okay, maybe not’ Jenny thought as her fangs and bumpies came forth to ease the pain, claws desperately trying to loosen his grip before he crushed her throat, her toes barely brushing the floor. Like this she was helpless. Her strength was her magic but the panic she was feeling along with the urge to submit to a family elder had her forgetting that at the moment. And even though she now had supernatural strength, she was nowhere as strong as Angelus, nor did she know how to fight physically.

“Darla sent you here didn’t she lass, well I will not fall for her tricks.” Anger began to fill Jenny as she realized the dept of which Angelus had deluded his self. When she began to think of the possible damage that his cowardly way of dealing with the guilt of what he had done could be, her anger turned to rage. Lowering her hands, she pried his hands from around her throat and propelled him away, all without touching him.

“Angelus, you are a coward and a fool. You have been given a second chance at life, or, I should say third. But, instead of admitting what you done wrong, as both a human and a vampire, and try to change your ways, you squander away nearly a century in pity, then the last decade, apparently, in lies. You can not threaten or intimidate me from stating the truth.” Jenny tilted her head ever so slightly to the left of Angelus and paused as if listening to someone. Her eyes grew, they other three could feel the anger and rage rolling off of her. “But…..” Jenny bowed her head for a moment. “Well Angelus, it seems that your soul is pleaded for compassion. I have agreed to listen to your story before losing my temper. So tell me your story. What happened...?” Jenny looked beside him again, then looked back, “about years ago that has Gitana thinking you are not a lost cause, just misguide?” Jenny made a small gesture and Angelus float up and over to the chair that he had been sitting in to begin with, finding himself unable to move, only talk. Buffy and Giles both had shocked clearly written across their faces. From Angel’s out burst to him sitting back in his set, two minutes had maybe past. Buffy realized that today way going to be very big on the discovery side.




A/N- Well I hope you enjoy!!! I am going to work on ALWWF now!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=26557