Custode del Mio Cuore by GoldenBuffy
Summary: Buffy Summers is a spoiled LA socialite; her parents don’t pay much attention to her until one incident sends her father over the deep end. A quick phone call to family she hardly knows Buffy finds herself in a quiet town called Sunnydale. Will she be able to redeem herself and be welcomed back home with open arms, or will she continue to spiral out of control?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Rape, Buffy/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 17175 Read: 4780 Published: 07/01/2007 Updated: 07/29/2007

1. Chapter One by GoldenBuffy

2. Chapter Two by GoldenBuffy

3. Chapter Three by GoldenBuffy

4. Chapter Four by GoldenBuffy

Chapter One by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Yes, it’s another teen fic. But bare with me, it will go through some high school and a few years after. For those of you reading “It Happened One Night,” I’m still working on it, just needed a little breather. I was taking a nice break but then this fic popped into my head. Hope you like it. This is completely un-beta’ed, so you’ve been warned, lol. If someone would like to beta this for me e-mail me and let me know. This fic is just for fun, to help me relive some of the stress I’m going through right now with RL. I’m not even sure how long it’s going to be, lol

Author’s Notes 2: This is my first attempt at writing Buffy well sort of non Buffy, so please no flames telling me Buffy would never act like this etc. It’s fanfic, I’m having fun and this is just for fun and enjoyment. I’m also warning you now there will be a bit of Buffy/other for a moment and rape later on. So if these are not your cup of tea, you have been warned. I’m giving this an NC-17 rating just to be on the safe side.
Custode del Mio Cuore

By: Golden Buffy



Chapter One

****

'This so wasn't fair,' repeated over and over in Buffy's head. She was sitting in her father's home office, as both her parental units stared her down. Well her father glared and her mother sort of leered at her through drunken eyes.

She rubbed at one red rimmed eye; it was irritating the hell out of her - Stupid red, dry eyes - Why didn't Visine work like it advertised? Buffy hunched further back into the plush leather chair, all she wanted to do was crawl into her bed and sleep for two weeks, but instead she was forced into the Summers Inquisition at ten in the morning.

Hank had had enough. He gripped the morning's newspaper in hand as he marched over to his daughter, pausing to stand in front of her. Joyce stayed back, reclining on one of the chase lounges in the corner, her glass of amber liquid catching the rays of sunlight; causing the ice cubes to sparkle.

“We've had enough of your antics, Buffy. You stay out all hours of the night, only God knows where you are, what you’re doing.” Her father paused, looking down at the paper in his hands. “No, correction, we know just what you've been doing.” Disgusted, he threw the newspaper at her. Buffy grabbed it, scanning over the pictures as well as the article which graced the whole front page of the LA Times. Man, she must have really done something bad last night to make the front cover. Normally it was Star, In Touch Weekly, Us, and other lowly gossip magazines that she was usually featured in.

But not this time.

There she was in full color for all to see. In the first picture Buffy was sitting at a table in what appeared to be the Viper Room, guzzling down some bright pink liquid. And the second, she was topless giving Justin Timberlake a lap dance. Of course the photo was a shot of her back, but she just had to look over her shoulder and wink at the paparazzo that took the photo, giving her identity away for all to see. And the small smirk that graced her lips so wasn’t helping her cause right now. Buffy sighed; at least there wasn’t any nipple showing! That would really go over well with her dad.

Buffy could hardly remember anything from the past five days. She had been on a partying binge; lots of drinking and some sex. Okay, fine, if she was truthful with herself, there was lots of sex. That, she could remember. It wasn’t nameless, faceless sex though; the guys were all her friends… sort of. So it was all good. Buffy’s eyes traveled to the headlines; “Buffy Anne Summers, daughter of Mayor Hank Summers caught in some very compromising positions!” She skimmed down to speed through the article. “How will this affect the out come at the polls for the Mayoral election? Hank Summers built his campaign on family values. But clearly his family must have missed that speech.”

Buffy groaned, tossing the paper to the floor. What could she say? 'Sorry that I was getting all freaky with J.T. but the liquor made me do it.' She knew she was in deep shit as it was, no use in adding fuel to the fire. If it wasn’t election season her dad wouldn't have given the article a second thought, and she wouldn't be sitting in his office getting the third degree.

“Well? Got anything to say young lady?” Hank asked, hands firmly on his hips.

Would it be too harsh to say that this was all her parents fault? She was a spoiled little rich girl, raised with privileges that other kids could only dream of. And with those privileges came lots of freedom. Oh, she had had some of the best Nannies employed on the west coast, a top notch education and a future of nothing but fund raisers, charity events and the like laid out ahead of her. But with that freedom came the normal pit falls that faced all rich kids. The lure of narcotics and intoxicants. Could anyone blame her? Her mother was a professional drunk, her father, a workaholic who spent all his free time fucking his two whores. Buffy was set up for failure the moment she popped out of her mother and took her first breath of smoggy Los Angeles air.

“No, dad, I don't have anything to say,” she spat out with a roll of her eyes.

He just glared at her before turning around and heading for his desk. The clinking of ice cubes filled the silence as Joyce took a healthy gulp of her preferred liquor, draining the glass dry.

Hank sat down in his plush leather chair, the material giving protest at being stretched as he leaned back in it. He had yet to utter another word. A silent Hank was never of the good. Buffy swallowed, hard, she was expecting the worst. Had she pushed her father to far this time? The suspense was killing her, god, she wished he’d say something already, but when he did Buffy wished he stayed quiet.

“You know it’s campaign season and I’m trying to get re-elected. But I guess since you’re so busy with your fabulous life you wouldn’t have notice that. To busy spending my hard earned money on drugs and booze.” He paused, sending another icy stare her way. “Your mother and I have been discussing this as we waited for you to get home this morning, and we’ve decided that it’s best to send you away for a little while.”

Buffy’s eyes bulged out of her head. She couldn’t believe her ears. Had she just heard correctly? Were her parents sending her away like some problem child? Hello, she wasn’t the problem.

“Um, yeah, would you mind running that past me again ‘cause I don’t think I heard you correctly. You’re sending me away?”

“Yes, Buffy. It’s for your own good.”

“My own good?” Buffy spat out, menace dripping from her voice. “Don’t you mean it’s good for your reputation? Wouldn’t want your sank of a daughter getting you kicked out of office. Oh, never mind the fact that you’ll hump anything with a cunt and your wife is banging the pool boy.”

Joyce’s only protest to her daughter’s accusations was a drunken snort of disgust as if what she said about her was untrue. Hank’s face had turned bright red, as he jumped up from his chair slammed his hands down upon the wooden desk.

“This is exactly the kind of behavior you’re being sent away for. I don’t ever want to hear you speak about me or your mother in that way again. Am I understood?!”

’Oooo, now he gets all fatherly on my ass. It’s the truth though,’ she desperately wanted to say but bit her tongue. With a sigh and roll of the eyes Buffy nodded her head in agreement, which pacified her father as he sat back down.

“Well, just where are you shipping me off to?”

“You’re a-aunt’s ho-ouse,” the inebriated woman managed to get passed her lips.

“WHAT!” It was Buffy’s turn to jump from her seat at the outrage of it all. Not only were her parents getting rid of her but they were shipping her off with her mother’s sister, Anna Beth, a woman she hardly knew. But the topper, the added insult was that she lived in a sleepy little town about two and a half hours away from Los Angeles called Sunnydale. God, could life get any worse?

As if on cue her father replied. “You’ll be leaving tonight. Carmon is in your room, packing up your things.”

“No, this… this is so not fair! You can’t be serious?” Buffy asked incredulously. She was whining, which irritated her father to no end, but she couldn’t help it. “Look, I’ll stop; I’ll clean up my act. Just don’t send me away… please.” If licking her dad’s shoes clean with her tongue would keep her at home she was willing to do it at this point. She’d do anything to keep from being shipped off like the black sheep of the family.

“I’m sorry Buffy, but you made the decision for us. Your actions speak louder than your words do, and clearly at such a delicate time for me you’ve proven that you cannot be trusted. Now head up to your room and get ready.”

Buffy rose from her chair and ran, tears slipping down her cheeks uncontrollably.

****

It wasn’t even evening yet when Hank came knocking at her door. Buffy glanced at her wrist watch, it read 4:30 pm. He was ecstatic about getting rid of her it seemed, and that knowledge made this situation hurt all the more. It was safe to say that Buffy was one pissed off teenager.

Whipping the door open she just stared at him. “Are you ready to go?” he asked.

‘Not like I have a choice!’ she desperately wanted to yell at him. “It’s not tonight yet.” Buffy pointed out, folding her arms defensively across her chest. She wanted to pout, but little good that would do.

“Yes, well, there was a change of plans. It seems your Aunt has to be some place later tonight and wanted to be home to greet you, so you’re leaving now.”

“And this was just being brought to my attention now?” This just kept getting better and better with the badness. Not only did she not get the memo with the change of plans, now she wouldn’t get to see her friends for the last time. This definitely sucked.

“Don’t take that tone of voice with me, young lady.” Hank sighed as he shoved his hands into his tailored trousers. “Listen, I know this is going to be hard on you, and it feels like right now we are rejecting you. Trying to hide you. This isn’t the case, it’s for your own good, Buffy. You’ll be an adult soon and the choices that you make now can come back and haunt you in the future.”

’Yeah, and like sending me away isn’t going to scare me for life,’ she mentally added.

Buffy’s shoulders slumped in defeat. “And sending me away to Sunnydale is going to help how?”

“It’s quiet, slow paced. It doesn’t have all the trappings of the big city. You’ll do well there. Just, please, give it a chance, sweetie. You’ll see, and you’ll understand when you’re older.” He finished, taking her into his arms and giving her a hug. Buffy didn’t return it though, she was to upset, and she couldn’t fight the tears that spilled from her eyes. She would rather do a stint in rehab than be shipped off. At least then she’d still be in LA, around her friends, and even her screwed up parents. But in Sunnydale she’d be utterly alone, no one there would know her or even care about her. Not even the family she hardly knew.

****

The plane touched down an hour later at the Sunnydale Airport. It was larger than Buffy had imagined, and she could see the non-descript driver waiting for her on the tarmac, most likely there to make sure she arrived at her designated destination. Buffy snorted to herself before retrieving her travel bag and heading for the exit.

She sat in the car gazing out the tinted windows as the bag man loaded her belongings into the trunk. It was weird knowing that the majority of her things were now packed away in Louis Vuitton luggage and, would be residing in a room that wasn’t hers. She signed, trying to hold back the tears that wanted to come. She wanted to stop crying, but Buffy figured that wouldn’t be for a while. She never thought being rejected by her parents would hurt so much; it was of the not so good variety.

What she couldn’t understand though was why the rejection hurt as much as it did. It wasn’t as if Hank and Joyce were the world’s greatest parents, they weren’t even in the close running for sorta okay parents. They were never really there for her her entire life. From the moment she’d come home from the hospital she was pawned off to a nanny, and only graced with their love or at least affection when it was time for bed. When she had started elementary school, Hank had taken her shopping and bought her a puppy, she named him Pike. Her dad ran over the poor puppy three months later while heading off to work. Buffy cried for a week straight.

Dance recitals, plays, and the likes, Hank and Joyce would come and show their support, but that was all the interaction Buffy ever had from her parents. They were never there; they never told her how much they really loved her. Sometimes she thought she was unwanted. And now, well, she was in Sunnydale, going to live with her mother’s sister and her family.

Lost in thought she hadn’t realized that the car had pulled off the highway and onto local streets until they turned a corner onto a quite street. The homes were all similar in design. The lawns were well kept, deep green in appearance and the air was thick with that just mowed smell. Just by looking at the cars Buffy could tell this was a suburban area, working class, but the residents had some money. Which was good, she wouldn’t be completely slumming it. The driver pulled up in front of one of the homes, turned off the engine then exited the car. Buffy watched as he walked around to her side and opened her door.

“This is it, huh?” she asked, staring up at the non-descript house.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

Buffy stood in front of the car gazing at the bungalow styled house and frowned. This was where she’d be living for God knew how long. She was about to turn around, slip back into the car and, refuse never to come out. Just as she was about to put action to her words the front door opened, and out walked a woman who looked much like her own mom. She came to a halt on the covered porch. Buffy could just make out a shadow that stood back inside the door frame. The woman smiled, “Welcome, Buffy.”

****
A/N If you read this and liked it, let me know by dropping me a review. Thanks.
Chapter Two by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Nope, doesn’t belong to me. Joss owns it all. Just a fan writing fic.

Wow, thanks for the positive reviews, guys. I’m really thrilled that you liked the beginning. I hope you continue to like this story. Okay, enough with the babbling and onto the fic! Oh, yeah, this chappie is un-beta’ed too. Warning: Buffy’s a little full of herself in this chapter, but don’t hate her to much. *wink*
Custode del Mio Cuore

By: Golden Buffy



Chapter Two

****

Buffy stood in front of the car gazing at the bungalow styled house and frowned. This was where she’d be living for God knew how long. She was about to turn around, slip back into the car and, refuse never to come out. Just as she was about to put action to her words the front door opened, and out walked a woman who looked much like her own mom. She came to a halt on the covered porch. Buffy could just make out a shadow that stood back inside the door frame. The woman smiled, “Welcome, Buffy.”


The teen just stared at her, dumfounded for a moment. It had been a long time since she had last seen her aunt Anna Beth, and she’d forgotten just how much she looked like her mother. But that was where the similarities ended. Where Buffy’s mother had frosted blonde high lights to complement her dirty blonde hair, Anna Beth retained her natural brunette locks. Joyce had spent many hours under the unforgiving California sun, and her skin was a testament to its deadly rays, but she had the bronze color women went nuts for, though her abused skin aged much faster than her aunt’s more youthful appearance. The surprising thing though, she was two years older than Joyce and two inches shorter. But the most important thing that stood out to Buffy was the fact that her aunt wasn’t a drunk.

Anna Beth smiled at Buffy, her hazel eyes were warm, accepting, and dare Buffy say, loving. They contained no malice for her being there with them. Buffy was also pleased to find that her aunt didn’t look upon her with pity, because that would have been the final nail in her coffin. Buffy didn’t want anyone pitying her or her current situation.

Anna Beth’s words finally caught up with Buffy’s thoughts, hadn’t she just welcomed her? ’Wouldn’t want your aunt thinking you were a total bitch, so make with the thank yous! Buffy shook her head. “Yeah, uh, thanks… I guess.”

Anna Beth walked down the steps to greet her niece properly; quickly scooping her up into a tight embrace. Buffy found herself awkwardly returning the hug. Public displays of affection weren’t something completely foreign to her, it just wasn’t something done with family. Anna Beth released the petite girl, and stepped back to get a better look at her.

“You look… well.” She made a mental note to feed the poor girl; she was nothing but skin and bones. “Did you have a good flight?”

“As good as one can get when being exiled. But thanks for asking,” Buffy quipped, shrugging her shoulders.

Her aunt snickered before turning back to the house. “Please, call me Anna.” She paused a moment to smile once again. Buffy found herself returning it. It seemed her aunt’s smiles were infectious.

“Well let’s get this show on the road.” Anna Beth commented before turning to climb the steps.

Buffy watched her intently. She was so much not like her own mom. But it wasn’t as if Buffy had any memories to compare her too, she hardly remembered the woman, except from an occasional picture she would come across now and again.

The older woman paused, looking back over her shoulder to find that her newest guest wasn’t fallowing her up the stairs. “Well, you do want the grand tour, don’t you?” she asked with a small smirk.

Buffy shrugged, “Sure, why not!” She hurried up the steps to join her aunt. They approached the front door, Anna falling back to allow Buffy to enter first. This was when she finally got a good look at the person spying at her from the shadows. She was petit, a little bit taller than Buffy, with unruly red hair, and funny clothes. Buffy scrunched up her nose.
Anna paused to do the introductions. “Buffy, I’d like you to re-meet your cousin, Willow.”

Willow extended her hand, “It’s nice to meet you… again, Buffy. So, I guess it’s safe to say you don’t remember me. I mean I wouldn’t remember me either if I’d only met me like only once. So, yeah, I wouldn’t expect you to remember me.”

’Ewww, and she babbles,’ Buffy mentally noted accepting the offered hand. “Well, no, I don’t… remember you that is,” she admitted calmly.
‘And not going to apologize for it either,’ was silently added. Someone who clearly needed Fashion 911 called to save them from the tar pits of awful cloths and, fashion nightmares would clearly rank on Buffy need-not-to-know meter. How was it possible that they were even related? Buffy looked back at Anna and noted that she had good fashion sense. So what in the hell happened to her daughter?

The elder Summers – Rosenburg showed Buffy around their quant home. First stop was the living room. It was nicely sized, with comfy looking furniture. They had an older model television causing Buffy to frown. She wondered if they expected her to watch her shows without high definition. Next was the dining room, it was nothing special, a few pictures on the wall, a floral center piece on the table. Anna informed her niece that they ate all meals together in here except breakfast, which was eaten in the kitchen. Buffy found that kind of neat. She never ate dinner with her parents, they were always to busy with more “important” things. So important in fact, that they were just too hard to break away from, even to eat breakfast with their only child. Last for the downstairs was the kitchen. Buffy figured for common folk this was a pretty large room. It didn’t compare to her kitchen back home though, her aunt’s could fit three times in hers. Buffy pouted, she missed her house. On the bright side, they did have a dishwasher. And it was new!

The upstairs was more of the same, three bedrooms, the first one was the master, where her aunt and uncle resided, they also had a private bath. Buffy scowled, she wanted a private bath too, like back home. The second was Willow’s room, which Buffy was informed she’d be staying in. God, she’d have to share a room with her cousin. Buffy never had to share anything in her whole life and now she’d have to share a room. This totally sucked. The last bedroom at the end of the hall belonged to her younger cousin, Saul, who was currently at a friend’s house spending the weekend. The teen never had the chance to meet the youngest member of her aunt’s family. She found herself wondering why her parents didn’t socialize more with the Rosenburg’s. Last on the tour was the bathroom, it was small, and Buffy wondered how was she expected to share this space with two other people? And the décor so had to go. The worst of it all, there were no maids! Buffy was officially in Hell.

“Well I have a previous engagement that I have to attend with your uncle, but you’ll get a chance to meet him later. And Saul will be home tomorrow, so you’ll meet him as well. I hate to run but I really have to go.”

Anna smile before turning to her daughter, leaning down she whispered something in her are then hugged her. The teens watched as she descended the stairs and walked out the front door, closing it behind her.

They stood there in silence, neither sure just what to say. Buffy really not in the mood for small talk, not wanting to open that door, if she did she was sure questions would follow as to why she was here. Willow stood thinking along those same lines. The curiosity was eating at her. She desperately wanted to know just what her cousin did to make her parents ship her off to live with family who hardly knew her, and at such short notice to boot.

“Yeah, so… well… yeah.” ’Well, that was just lame. Way to go and break the ice, Willow!’

Buffy graced the redhead with a patronizing smile. She needed to resign herself to the fact that she would be spending time with this girl. “So, it’s the weekend, party time, what do you guys do for fun around here?”

That question took Willow by surprise, she debated with herself on asking Buffy if that was something she should be doing – worrying about parting - but decided against it. At least she knew how to answer the question. “Well, there’s one place, the only place it town, called the Bronze, so everyone goes there. I guess we can do that… if you like?”

Buffy genuinely smiled this time. “The Bronze, huh? Sounds kinda fun. Give me a sec. to get ready then we can go.”

Buffy turned towards her room with bubbling excitement, there was a club, which meant there were boys. Yes, Sunnydale was starting to look better already. Willow followed close behind, this was so cool, she was going to the Bronze with someone who was cooler than herself. Willow snickered, everyone was cooler than she was. The redhead sat down on her bed before snatching up the phone on her night stand, holding the receiver in her hand she watched her cousin.

Buffy circled the room, giving everything the once over. She was surprised to see that Willow’s room was not the typical girly room with ruffles and frilliness all over the place. It had a more mature feel, though the main color was pink, and Buffy found that she liked the fish tank. Walking over to the tank, Buffy bent down to get a better look, giggling to herself as a fish swam towards her, its mouth moving as if it were giving her a welcome kiss.

Willow turned her attention back to the phone, quickly punching in the numbers she had known since childhood. The phone range several times before it was answered.

“What?” a gravely voice answered.

“Um, hi, Mr. Harris. Is Xander there?”

“Where else would the little bastard be?” he fussed into the phone before mumbling some obscenities under his breath. Willow listened, a moment of silence passed before she snatched the phone from her ear, Mr. Harris decided to yell for his son without removing his mouth from the receiver.

“Xander, get you pansy ass down here, phone’s for you.”

“Got it, dad!” Xander shouted back before greeting his friend. Both paused as his father slammed his end down, the sound echoing in their ears.

“Hey, Xand, feel up for a little Bronzing goodness?”

“Why not, beats hanging around here all night getting yelled at for being a slow bartender. Meet up at your place?”

“Yup, but we’ll have company. My cousin is here staying with us and I wanted to show her around, I thought the Bronze would be the best place to start.” Willow paused to smile at Buffy who was currently staring at her. Buffy liked it when people talked about her, in a good way that is. The blonde smiled back before walking out of the room and into the bathroom. “Listen, don’t go asking her too many questions. All you need to know is that she’s here, with us, for a while. I don’t know how long and she’s kind of… different.”

That piqued the boy’s interest. “What do you mean different? Are we talking about I like making out with other girls different or what?”

“Xander, can your mind be anymore, well, hormonal? No, it’s not like that, she’s more along the lines of Hi, I’m Cordelia different, or well, she seems to be. But I really don’t know her all that well, so I’m just guessing, and guessing is good sometimes.”

“Great merciful Zeus, and we’re hanging out with her why?” the teen exclaimed.

“Because Xander, she’s family, and I want her to feel welcomed.”

The boy signed. “Fine, only because you’re asking me too. I’m so not liking it though.”

“As a thank you, I’ll buy you three jelly doughnuts at school on Monday.”

****

The obnoxious little prick hadn’t taken his eyes off of her, well, off of her tits since she’d come down the steps. Now at the Bronze, the boy still stared. God, could he be any less perverted? Normally Buffy wouldn’t have a problem with a guy staring at her boobs, hell, she’d stare at her boobs if she were a guy. They were awesome if she did say so herself, and thanks to the wonders of the Miracle Bra, Buffy was graced with ample cleavage too. But when a guy was a complete loser like this Xander was, and stared at her breast, well, it warranted major red flags. He so shouldn’t be ogling the goodies no matter how nice they were. Okay, maybe she was being a little harsh, but as it sat, she’d only been here a few hours and the only people she knew were Willow and Xander. She needed friends that rose to her level.

Buffy sat back in her chair scanning dance floor, looking for any kind of distraction. Soon her eyes landed on a curvy brunette, and it looked as if this night would be looking up.

“Stop looking at Buffy’s breasts.” Willow whispered into Xander’s ear.

“I can’t. Believe me I’ve tried, but their so tan and pert. My eyes are drawn to them like two fluffy marshmallows.”

“Well, it’s rude, and… rude.” Willow retorted before crossing her arms over her chest. She could only wish Xander would look at her like that. Why couldn’t he like quiet, nerdy girls - like his best friend - Was that too much to ask for? “Not to mention I think you’re making Buffy feel uncomfortable. She hasn’t spoken a word since we got here.”

Willow cleared her throat leaning over to touch Buffy’s hand. The blonde tore her gaze from the girl on the dance floor to look at her cousin. “Do you want to dance?” she asked hopefully.

“Nah, not right now, but I think I’m going to refresh this diet coke. Be right back.” Buffy rose from her seat, smoothed out her black skirt, then adjusted the low cut pink tank top she wore, before making her way to the bar.

“Now that’s my kind of lady, Wills.”

“Pick your tongue up of the floor before someone trips over it.” Willow replied snidely, adding a slap to her best friend’s arm for good measure. Xander gave a small yelp rubbing his arm wondering what had gotten into his friend.

****

Placing the empty glass on the bar Buffy turned around leaning casually upon it. She scanned the dance floor, eyes falling on the dark haired vixen who was currently weaving her web over two guys that were dancing with her. The girl switched her position within the threesome, now being sandwiched between the boys, she raised her head to the ceiling laughing. Suddenly she turned in Buffy’s direction noticing that the blonde was watching her. With a sultry smile she beckoned her out to the dance floor.

Smirking, Buffy pushed herself from the bar and walked out to meet the other girl. She started to sway to the music as one of the boys came up behind her and started to dance with her, his hands traveling over her nimble form.

“Name’s Buffy,” she announced, a small seductive smile curved lips.

“What kind of name is that?” the other girl questioned.

“Tell me your and I’ll let you know.”

She arched a brow. “They call me Faith.”

“Well, Faith, with a name like yours you shouldn’t throw stones.”

That earned a hearty laugh from the brunette as she closed the distance between them.

“So, Buffy, what brings you here?”

“I’m new in town, looking for a bit of fun. Know of any?”

“Yeah, I think I do. Was about to head out to this party over at the Chase’s estate. Guess I can bring a hottie like yourself along.”

Reaching down Faith grasped Buffy’s hand in hers as they headed for the door. Willow watched as her cousin rushed out the door with the other girl. Maybe she had Buffy pegged all wrong. Maybe she was more of a “Faith” than a “Cordelia”. Neither one was any good. Armed with this new revelation Willow found that she had even more questions that needed answers. Maybe Buffy’s “Faithy-ness” was the reason she got sent here to live with them.

“We’ve just been dumped,” the redhead mumbled into her hands. Xander turned to look at her.

“Why? What happened?” he was quite perplexed.

“Buffy just left with Faith.” Willow pointed in the general direction of the front doors.

Xander’s eyes widened comically, “Man, Buffy leaving with Faith!” his voice cracking a bit as he shouted the question will all sort of naughty images filling his head. He groaned. An idea popped into his head. “Think we should follow them?”

“No, I mean… no.” They couldn’t just up and invite themselves with her cousin. It was obvious that she didn’t want to be with them. “We weren’t invited, Xander. It’s clear that Buffy doesn’t want to hang with us. Guess we’re too much of a spaz for her.”

“Exactly my point my willowy little friend. We need to change our spazy-ness to coolness. And the best way to do that is by tagging along with them. I know Faith has to be taking her to some party. We need to go with.”

Before Willow could stop him, Xander had gotten up from his set and started for the door.

“Oh, this is such a bad idea!” the girl commented to no one before rushing off to keep track of her friend.

****

The car peeled off from the parking lot making a screeching noise as it turned the corner. Faith laughed as she reached over to turn the volume up on the stereo, filling the car with Godsmack. “So, what did you do to get shipped here?” she asked, taking her eyes off the road for a second to look at Buffy.

Buffy arched her brow in silent question. “Who said I was shipped off?”

“No body.” Faith replied with a chuckle. “Just, someone of your caliber doesn’t wake up one day and decide they want to high tail it from LA to this little shit hole of a town. So the way I see it,” Faith shrugged before continuing. “Either you’re running from something, someone, or, you got booted here by your parents.”

Damn, this girl was bright. “Well, yeah. My parents kinda branded me the black sheep and carted me off to serve my sentence with family I hardly know.” Buffy answered truthfully. She found that even though they had just met she could talk to Faith.

“Talk about harsh. So what’d you do? Set fire to a school or something?” She finished her question with a smirk.

“No, just got photographed dancing topless with Justin Timberlake. My dad flipped, and I guess the picture was not of the good for his campaign for Mayor.”

“Alright, B, shakin’ that money maker for the cameras. Too bad about your dad though. Tough shit!”

“Tell me about it! And now, here I am.”

Faith made another sharp turn onto a side street, just narrowly avoiding hitting another car in the process. The driver honked their horn as they shouting curse words out the window. Faith and Buffy started laughing. Oh, she and Faith were going to get along swimmingly, that she was certain of.

They were quickly coming upon the house at which the party was being held. Faith leaned over turning off the radio. “Before we go inside there’s something I gotta tell ya.” She paused, waiting for the blonde to look her way. “This isn’t just some random party that I knew about, it’s my sister’s. I knew it would suck, hence me hanging at the Bronze. But I knew bringing you would lighten things up.”

Buffy smiled. Yes, she and Faith were going to have a hell of a friendship.

****
Xander hardly had enough time to start his car before Faith sped out of the parking lot. Willow quickly jumped in and buckled up. “If we’re following them you need to step on it,” she offered with a tiny giggle.

Xander shook the look of shock off his face at his friend’s words, before beeping his horn and backing out of his parking spot and taking off down the street. It wasn’t hard to find Faith’s car, it was a black 1974 Ford Mustang. A muscle car, Xander liked muscle cars, he mentally drooled. He dreamed of one day being able to purchase one. He glanced down at the speedometer of his old clunker, and just hopped that it would be able to keep up with Faith’s crazy driving.


****


Faith parked the car turning off its engine before exiting. Buffy followed suite getting her first look at the sprawling estate that was casa de Chase. It was pretty fancy, reminded her of the family summer home in Coral Gables, Florida. The duo walked to the front doors. You could hear the party from the outside, music flooding the walkway as teens moved inside. There was a bouncer at the doors. He smiled as he let the two past.


“Hey, Mike, there’s a car following us, the driver’s a boy with shaggy brown hair, accompanied by some chick with red locks, let them in.” Faith announced, a smirk crossing her lips.


Buffy giggled. “You aren’t serious, are you?”


“Yup, let them have some fun. Plus, I wouldn’t mind getting my claws into little ol’ Xander.”


****


“Oh, no, Xander this is not good. Turn around, turn around now!” Willow exclaimed, her eyes darkening with dread as they pulled up to the mansion.


“What’s the problem Will? If they can get in so can we.” Xander replied, giving the house a once over. He hadn’t been at the Chase’s in years. Not since they all trick-or-treated together back in third grade. This was one of his favorite stops because they gave out whole Snicker bars, not those bite sized pieces like everyone else, it still looked the same. He started to feel giddy, maybe he would get a glimpse of Cordelia before they kicked the two of them out.


He turned the idling engine off before exiting the car. With a sigh, Willow followed him. The two didn’t speak as they walked up the walkway listening to the sounds coming from within.


Xander groaned. “Just great, they have the Terminator guarding the door.”


“See, I told you this was a bad idea.” Willow chide. She grabbed him by the hand, turning to leave.


“I just have to try.” Xander offered as an explanation before removing his hand from her grasp. He walked over to the bodyguard trying to look as tough as possible. The man smirked, giving the couple the once over before stepping aside and allowing them entrance. The two hesitated for a moment, their mouths resembling fish, opening and closing a few times.


“Oh my God, Xander we got in!” Willow uttered in bubbly excitement. “How did we get in?”


“I don’t know, Will, maybe it was my manliness that intimidated him.” To demonstrate, Xander puffed up his chest. Willow giggled before her eyes were distracted by the sheer number of teens and college students in the house.


The redhead swallowed hard. “Xander, I think we’re in over our heads.”


****
A/N: Still with me? Let me know what you think.
Chapter Three by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
I own nothing. Joss owns them all!

Thanks for the reviews guys! So like I said I’ll post warning if they are needed for a chapter. Well here it is WARNING there is a Buffy/other in this chappie. It’s not graphic, but it’s there, and just for the record it was hard for me to write it. It hurt, it burned, I almost died, lol. Again, this is unbeated, but if someone is willing to beta it please let me know!
Custode del Mio Cuore


By: GoldenBuffy



Chapter Three


****


Willow shrank behind her best friend. If she had known just how big this party was going to be she never would have left the car, let alone the Bronze. How did Xander talk her into this?


Xander on the other hand was loving it. This was like his wildest dreams come true. He had wanted to be invited to one of these parties for years. But once the pecking order of middle school was established, and he found himself an outsider looking, never to be one of the cool kids, well he kissed his party days good bye. But now… here he was.


Running a hand through his hair Xander turned to his cowering friend. “How’s my breath Will?” He asked blowing in her face.


Willow wrinkled her nose. “It’s a little on the fruity side. You shouldn’t have eaten that last fruit roll up.”



He nodded before reaching into his jeans pocket and pulling out a stick of gum then shoving it into his mouth. “Want one?”



“No thank you,” Willow replied. She was ready to call it a night; they were completely out of their league here. They belonged with the chess club and the Dungeons and Dragons crew, not trying to live it up at the Chase mansion. They were breaking the High School code of ethics.



“Come on Will, let’s mingle with the masses.” With that Xander grabbed Willow by the hand and led her into the throng of teens.


****


Buffy wasn’t there long before she started to get some looks. She mentally rolled her eyes, she so wasn’t in the mood to play twenty questions. She needed to implement damage control and fast. Her eyes sought out her new friend who looked to be in an animated conversation with another brunette. Buffy made her way towards them then tapped Faith on the shoulder.


“Hey, B. I was just reminding my sister here that this is my house too, and I can bring home who ever the hell I want here.”


Cordelia stood there arms folder across her chest giving Buffy the once over. She had seen how all the males in the house had stopped to take notice of the blonde when she entered, and she didn’t like it, not one bit. Now that she was up close and personal with the attention stealer she really didn’t want her at the party. Oh she knew just who this was. One Buffy Summers, daughter of Mayor Hank Summers, of LA. Just why was she here in Sunnydale? It figured she’d become friends with Faith too.


Cordelia narrowed her eyes. “I know you live here, you don’t have to remind me.” She paused, turning her attention on Buffy. “Look, Buffy, don’t think I don’t know about you ‘cause I so do. Here are a few ground rules. One, you stay on your side of the room and I’ll stay on mine. Two, don’t make a show of who you are, you’ll make your time here more… enjoyable. Three, all the hot guys here tonight are off limits, namely him.” Cordelia pointed to some brunette sanding in the corner with a group of guys. “He’s mine.”


Buffy internally laughed, was this bitch for real? She looked her straight in the eyes, quickly coming to the conclusion that Cordelia was indeed serious. Buffy began to laugh out loud. Faith snickered and her sister’s face shifted into confusion. No one had ever laughed in her face before.


Buffy composed herself after a few moments whipping at the moister in her eyes. “Oh, God, you’re full of yourself aren’t you. Don’t get all worked up, girly, I’m not here to steal your thunder. Truthfully, I came over here to ask if Faith could tell people not to bother me. I’m trying to, how do you say, lay low.”


That seemed to please the other teen and she smiled a little. “Fine,” she added before turning and walking away in a huff.


****


“I want a drink and lots of them.”


“Um, Xander, I really don’t think it’s such a bright idea to drink since you’re driving. I can’t drive remember?”


“Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Well, what are we supposed to do, just stand here all night watching the flashing lights?” Xander question as he watched a few couples make out in the dark corners of the room.



“No, we can dance. You do want to dance don’t you?” Willow asked, she could feel the slight flush to her cheeks. She was nervous, it wasn’t as if they were on a date, but they were at a party, a real party, and she was going to dance with him. Maybe just maybe he’d look at her in a different light tonight. The redhead could only hope, but maybe the different setting would make Xander feel different about her.


“Sure thing Will. Let’s boogie!” Xander leaded the girl out to the dance floor just as a slow song began to play.


****


“Who ever said beer was bad? Beer is good and foamy!” Buffy commented looking down into the top of her frothy beverage. Faith snorted in amusement before taking a healthy gulp from her own plastic cup. From their vantage point on a sofa in the middle of the room they could see the whole dance floor and the door entering into it. Faith eye’s lit with a sparkle when she noticed one of the shapes on the dance floor.


“Look who decided to show.” She said in an overly cheery voice. Buffy’s eyes followed her pointing finger to the couple on the dance floor, it was her cousin and that nerdy boy who kept looking at her boobs.


“Wow, I’m surprised they even came.”


“Me too.” Faith rose from the couch. “I’m going to have me a little fun.” Buffy laughed as she watched Faith work her way through the couples on the dance floor towards the two teens.


Chugging the final bit of liquid in her cup she decided it was time to have a bit of fun of her own. She hadn’t come to this party to sit around and do nothing. Buffy scanned the room looking for a distraction. There were some pretty hot guys here, but none that tickled her fancy, that was until her eyes landed on the group over by a wall. They had moved from their previous location but it was them alright. She pushed up from the couch and smoothed down her skirt. “Stay away my ass.” Buffy mumbled as she walked across the room.


****


The foursome stood in one of the dark corner in the large room, the music a backdrop to their conversation. From their vantage point they could see all the teens entering and leaving the party.


“Spike? Earth to Spike. Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Angel asked, looking at him expectantly.


Spike only stared at the boy then took a swig from his bottle of beer. Angel sighed, exasperated. “You start the whole debate them zone out in the middle of it. What’s with you? You just can’t go and do that, you do know that don’t you?”


Spike rolled his eyes in irritation. “Fine, I still say it would be cavemen. They would bash those blood astronauts’ skulls in with their clubs.” He hurriedly issued is response before turning his attention back to the door, but she was gone. His eyes searched the crowed finding her once again standing talking with Cordelia.


Intrigued, Angel moved to where his friend stood followed his gaze but seeing nothing. “What’s got your attention?”


“Who’s the blonde talking with Cordelia?” he asked, eyes never leaving her.


Angel, Parker, and Oz all found her at the same time. She was a cute little blonde, had her arm interlocked with Faith’s. It was obvious that Cordelia said something that made the girl laugh, they couldn’t hear it over the music, but it tickled her none the less. She tossed her head back, her golden curls falling down her back, swaying with her mirth. She quickly gained control before uttering something else to Cordelia, causing the girl to storm off in a huff.


“She’s cute, but I don’t know who she is. Maybe Cordy will fill us in later.” Angel offered as he returned his attention back on the small group. Spike stood there still watching the girl until she disappeared into the crowd.


****


They were laughing and having a good time. Xander had lead Willow out to the dance floor as soon as a slow song began to play. He turned to her apologetically before turning her in a slow spin then resting her in his arms, has hands at her waist. Willow giggled before resting her arms on Xander’s shoulders. She sighed, placing her head on his chest. The redhead’s eyes fluttered shut as she took in her best friend’s scent, it was a mixture of fruity sugary snacks and after shave, it was plan old Xander. The two swayed to the music as if under its spell. Xander found himself liking this and not in the “Willow is my best friend” way either. The slow beat came to an end as a faster one began to play.


Both hesitated a moment before pulling apart. They were at a loose of words. Willow was certain Xander had felt the magic that she knew was between them, she held her breath looking up into his eyes. Xander stared back, confusion marring his features. What had just happened? Why was he feeling all fuzzy for Willow? And why did he like it?


Willow was about to say something when the duo was interrupted by a tap on Xander’s shoulder. He turned figuring someone spotted them and was ready to toss them out of the house.


“Hey, cutie!” Faith greeted licking her lips seductively.


Xander’s eyes followed her tongue as it swept over her lips to moisten them. “Hey,” it came out in a squeak. He quickly cleared his throat before trying the greeting once more.


Faith only stared at him, her eyes devouring his form. “Wanna dance?”


Xander’s first impulse was to drop his mouth open, imitating a fish out of water, but he fought the urge. Instead he gave her a goofy grin before accepting her offer.


Willow’s eyes narrowed, how dare that cheep hussy move in on her moment. They were having a moment, no, The Moment. The one that Willow had been waiting for, for years now. Just when she was certain Xander had felt something other than platonic friendly feelings then along comes Faith. Willow was mad, she was beyond mad, she was pissed. She should go over there and fight for Xander’s affection, but she knew she didn’t stand a chance. With a final look she turned around and headed for the punch bowl.


Faith pulled Xander flush against her, her heat seeping into him. She heard his sharp intake of breath, the shiver that ran through his body, and the tiny arch his back made to bring himself closer to her. She smiled. She watched as the little redhead stormed off. Which was way good, she knew that she had Xander all to herself, it was time to start on plan B.


****


Buffy pushed her way through the mass of teens intent on getting to the wall with the four boys. She had gotten a few glimpses of them, there appeared to be two brunettes, one redhead and a blond. She decided to set her sights on the blond headed one; he looked as if he might be fun. Though she wasn’t certain in her assumption, but blonds always did have more fun.


Closer and closer she came until her path was blocked by some drunk. He stumbled into her, a leer plastered on his face. “Hey there s-sweet thing,” he slurred into her hair, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist. Ugh, she had to deal with a stupid idiot. What was she like some jerk magnet? It never failed no matter where she went it seemed that one or two always found her. Buffy tried to push him off of her and continue on her way. The boy didn’t give up so easily.


“I only want to t-talk to you. What’s the hurry?” He pulled her against him, lowering his nose he began to nuzzle her ear. Buffy shuddered.


She knew she was still at the party but logic had stepped out for the moment to get some fresh air leaving her alone with her memories. For a split second Buffy found herself back in the room. The music faded as well as the sound of the other teens as the body pressed against her became heavy, over bearing, forceful. She could hear the soft clicking of a distant door closing then the muffled thud of boots on a carpeted floor walking towards her. She couldn’t move and no sound would come out of her mouth.


Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “You’re not there. You’re not there. You’re not there. You’re in Sunnydale at a party.” That brought her back to the present and out of the past. Buffy blew out the breath that she’d been holding before glaring at the drunken boy still holding onto her as if he owned her.


“I said fuck off!” Buffy shouted before bringing her knee up and connecting with his groin. He howled out is surprised pain, bring his hands down to cup himself. He wasn’t sure if she’d attack him again. A few dancers watched the exchange before returning their attention back to dancing. “Thanks for the help… not!” she grumbled knowing her words only fell on deaf ears before stepped over the boy and continued towards the wall.


****


Cordelia returned to the party in a huff. After her little run in with Buffy she needed to go change into something me revealing, something that made her look way better than the little tramp. She settled on a black mini skirt and a red tub top. She felt tons better.


“Where did you run off too?” Angel questioned giving her an approving look.


“I needed some alone time. But I’m back.” She paused looking around the group. “Where is everyone?”


“You’re little mini clones all waddled off to powder their noses.” Spike off handily commented.


Angel walked up behind Cordelia to whisper in her ear, but it was loud enough for the group to hear. “So, you gonna tell us who’s the blonde with your sister or do I have to go over there myself?”


Spike waited for her reply taking note of the reaction on Cordelia’s face and the annoyance in her voice. It was obvious that the self appointed Queen of Sunnydale High didn’t fancy the newcomer.


“Her?” She gave a snort of disgust. “She’s no one, just something that wondered in with the trash.” Cordy finished with a wave of her hand; she was clearly done with the topic.


Spike arched his brow, mark that, Cordelia wasn’t annoyed by the new girl, she felt threatened by her. That really piqued the boy’s interest. He made a mental note to go hunt her down before the night was over. Anyone that made Cordelia feel threatened was someone Spike just had to get to know better. Didn’t hurt that she was easy on the eyes either.


As Angel tried to pump Cordy for more information Spike’s attention wandered back out over the room. His eyes scanned over the dance floor landing on the girl in question. She was headed towards them when some drunken Neanderthal plowed into her.

He was about to head over to help her when a certain voice stopped him dead in his tracks. It was amazing how Blondie Bear sent shivers of terror down his spine, leaving him weak like Superman’s reaction to kryptonite. The girls had returned from the bathroom and Harmony was head of the pack, making a b-line straight for him. Sliding up to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I missed you so much. Did you miss me?” She asked kissing him on the cheek.


“No, Harm, I didn’t. Get the hell off of me.” He replied, prying her arms off of him. Make one bloody mistake and you pay for it the rest of your days. Spike should have listened when Angel told him to stay away from Harmony, but no, he had other ideas. He would treat her like all the others - wine her, dine her, bed her - After he’d send her on her merry little way.


But it appeared that the bubble headed blonde had a different plan. She viewed their night together as confirmation that they were a couple. No matter how many times Spike pushed her away, didn’t return her phone calls, rushed past her in the school hall she just couldn’t take the hint. He didn’t want to hurt her but it was beginning to look as if it were his only option left. Quickly forgetting about the other blonde who was still wrestling with the drunk, Spike made a hasty exit to the back yard for a quick smoke.


Harmony frowned; she couldn’t understand why Spike was so cold towards her, always ignoring her, treating her like she meant nothing to him. There were a few times that she considered giving up on him and moving on to someone else, but that nagging little voice in the back of her head kept telling her not to give up. She knew it, felt it in her gut that they were destined to be. There was a time when he had showered her with attention, and it wasn’t the kind of attention he showed other girls - The little sluts that slept with him. No, he showed true interest in Harmony, laughed at her jokes, he even took her ideas seriously. Cordelia had told her it was all a game; Spike’s faux interest in her, but she didn’t believe the brunette for one minute. Cordelia was just upset by the fact that her boyfriend at the time didn’t show such concern with her.


Granted, they only spent a week dating, but Harmony knew that they had something special, and the sex was great. Yup, her Blondie Bear belonged with her. With that thought fresh in her head Harmony trotted off to find her man.


****


Faith had gotten Xander drunk on the seductive moves of her body against his and now she was working on getting his mind in the same state. She had just offered him drink number three before plopping down in his lap and licking on his ear. Xander giggled a bit. He never had a girl sit on his lap, unless he counted the one time when Willow slipped and tumbled there on a school field trip. But he didn’t count that because it was Willow, super best friend. But now here he was at a very cool party with Faith sitting in his lap and making out with his ear. She had also thrust something into his hand.


Xander eyed the drink suspiciously, before taking it from her. This was the third one in a row. He was thirsty but he was also starting to feel a little fuzzy headed.


“Oh come on, don’t be such a baby. It’s just something to loosen you up a bit it won’t kill you. Besides, you’re with me. You’re in safe hands.”


Xander wasn’t so sure. Faith’s smile looked cold and calculating, but he pushed that to the back of his head, he wasn’t going to let some tiny voice ruin his fun. Plus, her lips had just moved lower as she sucked and licked on his neck. Awash in the feelings that the girl was producing two things happened. One, Xander started giggling like a girl. Faith’s tongue was very tickly, and two, said giggling made him lurch forward causing his drink sloshing out of its cup and onto the floor.


Faith removed the drink from his hand with a smirk. “Think you’ve had enough for now.” She tossed the drink over her shoulder causing it to hit a girl in the back. Faith only shrugged before leading Xander back to the dance floor.


****


Buffy made her way over to the kids at the wall. The first person she noticed was Cordelia, just when did the bitch join the group? There were two other girls as well, a redhead and chick with black hair. Buffy rolled her eyes; she knew a group of stuck up bitches when she saw them. Instead of making light conversation with the trio she went right for the brunette that Cordelia told her was completely off limits.


Arching her back she thrust out her chest and smiled. “Hi, I’m Buffy!” It was bubbly and flirtatious. A tactic that always worked on the opposite sex.


The boy smiled back, his eyes traveling over her body and stopping on her breast before meeting her hazel eyes. “Name’s Parker.”


Cordelia watched the little exchange, her eyes going into tiny slits. So the bitch wanted to play huh? Cordelia pushed pasted Angel who stumbled back into the wall from the force of her hand. He was about to protest but saw that she was on the war path. She made her way to the left side of Parker since Buffy was at his right. “This is Buffy.” She said in mocked politeness. “Buffy it was nice of you to come over and introduce yourself but I think my sister is looking for you. So you need to get going, like now!”


Buffy executed an eye roll snort combo before completely ignoring the girl. “So, Parker, care to dance?” Buffy asked before turning around to head back to the dance floor. She didn’t have to turn back around to know that he was following, she could tell by the muffled humph coming from Cordelia’s mouth.


****

Spike had managed to get away from Harmony for the fifth time that night. She had run out back in search of him. He’d managed to blend in with a few other kids who were smoking as well. They stood over by the shadows which was good for him. He stepped deeper into them when the blonde came wandering out calling his name. He waited, finished his fag then, went back inside.


Cecily spotted the shocking flash of white as he made his way back inside. Smiling to herself she picked up two plastic cups of beer then weaved through the traffic of teens meeting Spike halfway. “Care for a drink?” She offered him a cup.


Spike gave her a once over before smirking and taking the beverage. Cecily Underwood had been after him since the seventh grade. He hardly paid her any attention. She was sort of on the chunk side, with frizzy hair and known for her brains not her looks. Spike was smart but even he needed help in certain areas in school, and that was where Cecily fit in. He had asked for her assistance last year in tenth grade, she was his tutor, helping him ace English. Just because he was a Brit didn’t mean he knew all things British. Rumor had it that Cecily went to some camp for fat kids last summer, and looking at the girl standing before him now Spike was convinced that she had.


Gone were the concealing clothing, the fizzy hair and the dark framed glasses held together by tape. Now Cecily resembled a budding model, easy on the eyes and just the distraction he needed to keep Harmony away.


Smiling he accepted the drink.


****

Willow was bored, she’d lost track of Xander about thirty minutes ago. One minute he and Faith were grinding on the dance floor, and to the redhead’s amazement, his hands were traveling all over the brunette’s body. Then the next minute the two were gone. So Willow was still sitting by the punch bowl sipping on punch and nibbling on a cracker with cheese. This party was defiantly lame. If she knew how to drive she would have left by now. The idea crossed her mind of calling her parents, but she knew they never would approve of her being at a gathering that served liquor and no parental supervision. So all in all she was stuck here until Xander popped back up.


Willow grimaced and set her cup down. All that punch was not of the good. Now she needed the little girl’s room. Cutting through the kids she made her way into another hallway, it was dimly lit with four sets of doors flanking each side. She hated peeking into the rooms but she hadn’t a clue as to which one was a bathroom. Deciding that for once it was alright to be a snoop Willow opened the first one. It was just a storage room, she tired the second one, this was a tiny office. Most likely it was where the butler or some head of staff worked. She finally came to the final door, she turned the knob but it was locked. Listening closely she was just able to make out moaning and someone whispering some very naughty words before making a hasty retreat.


Willow made her way up the grand staircase to the second floor. “Oh, great, more doors!” She needed a bathroom and quick not more doors. She started down the hall afraid to open any doors, not knowing what or who would be on the other side. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t expected there to be sex at parties, she did watch enough teen movies to know that. But it was bad enough to hear the audio version only a few moments ago, she didn’t wish to see the actual act itself anytime soon. Coming to the first door she took a deep breath then turned the knob.


****


Three songs and six drinks later Buffy and Parker fumbled their way up the stairs. They had entered the first room that was unoccupied, kissing and grouping each other as they continued into the darkened room. The two tumbled onto the bed the girl landing on top. Hands started to remove clothing and tossing them to the floor. The two kissed as Parker lowered his hand moving it between them to help guide Buffy onto him. She reached down halting his progression.


“You do have protection? Right?” This was the worst time to be asking but up until this point Buffy’s mouth was just a little occupied.


Parker sighed before nodding. His hand groped over the side of the bed trying to find his discarded pants. Buffy reach over and turned on the lamp sitting on one of the night stands. Now with the lights turned on Parker was able to locate his pants and retrieve what he needed. Opening the package he slid the prophylactic over his erect member before giving Buffy a can we do this now look. Pleased, Buffy smiled before capturing his lips for a quick kiss before taking him inside of her.


****


Spike and Cecily where still dancing when he spotted Harmony making her way towards them. She looked angry, her hands in tight balls as she stomped towards them. Spike clutched the girl’s hand in his leading her off the floor. “Mind if we go some place more private, luv?”


Cecily couldn’t stop the blush the spread across her face as she nodded her head in reply, at the moment she couldn’t find her voice. Offering him a beer was one thing. Never in a million years had she excepted him to accept it then ask her to dance, and now Spike wanted to be alone with her. Cecily was thrilled, this was like one of her dreams coming true.


****


Willow opened the door and gasped. “Oh, my!” was all that could or would come out. She just stood there, rooted to the spot, eyes not blinking. It was bad, it wasn’t as if she didn’t want to look, she just couldn’t help it. It was like a train wreak, all the blood and carnage, bodies laying every where. But you still couldn’t stop from staring. There was nakedness and Willow was quite sure she heard moaning as well.


Faith looked over her shoulder but still keeping the rhythm she had set. “Are you going to stand there all night watching or what?”


That broke the girl out of her induced trance and she quickly shut the door. She turned to run only getting a few feet before she slammed into someone else.


“Dammit! Why don’t you watch were you’re going,” Harmony screeched as she rose to her feet. She paused to see just who plowed her over. “Oh, it’s you. Just watch where your headed next time.” Again Harmony paused and looked around at the closed doors in the hallway. “You haven’t seen my Blondie Bear, have you?”


Willow shook her head still in a state of shock; the images of Xander with Faith were burned into her corneas. The blonde gave a slight shrug then started to turn when three doors opened at once, Parker and Buffy came out the first, Spike and Cecily the second, and Xander and Faith the third.


Harmony’s faces fell as she fought off tears. “I… you… pig!” she spat before running down the steps.


Buffy flicked her hair out of her face then turned to look at Faith. “What was her problem?”


Spike started to go after Harmony but decided against it. It was for the best. Now he could get the irritating bint to leave him alone. Instead he headed back to the party. Parker whispered something in Buffy’s ear then followed his friend down the steps.


Faith only shrugged. “Wanna see my room?”


Buffy glanced at Willow who looked as if she were about to toss her cookies, then she turned her gaze to Xander. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what her cousin must have witnessed. Buffy was surprised by the small twinge of pity that she felt for the girl. Anyone with eyes could see that Willow had a pretty big crush on Xander, and walking in on him and Faith going at it must have been bad. No, it must have been worse the bad, it was like the bad of all badness.


“Nah, I think I’ll pass. I need a shower anyway. See you on Monday?”


“I guess so. Later B. Later, Xander.” Faith added, patting him on the butt. He gave a startled jump before blushing. It only caused Faith to laugh some more before she disappeared into her room.


****


The girls had made it home safe and sound, but Willow hadn’t uttered a word since the incident in the upstairs hallway at Faith and Cordeila’s house. She could see it in the redhead’s eyes, she was devastated, she wanted to cry, but was staving off the tears. Buffy didn’t know how to dish out compassion. It was normal for teens to hook up at parties even if their dates where present. Normally Buffy was the one hooking up with someone else’s dates anyway. But she had known. She knew what her cousin’s feelings were towards the boy. She saw it the moment he showed up at the house to pick them up. And even after all that she didn’t tell Faith to back off, she let her continue with her plan of seduction.


She moved around the room collecting the things she needed for her shower, Willow never once moved from her position sitting at the end of her bed. Before walking out the door Buffy laid her hand on Willow’s shoulder. “It’ll be okay, Wills, you’ll see.”


With that she left the room thinking what had gotten into her? She wasn’t the comforting type. This was life, it was full of betrayal and hurt, Willow needed to get used to that. She didn’t need her cousin lying to her telling her that everything would be okay, since in the long run it never really would be. There were no happy endings. You didn’t get your Prince Charming. All that was available was a world of hurt. She closed the door behind her and turned on the shower.


****
AN: Let me know what you think.
Chapter Four by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
I own nothing in this fic except maybe for the plot oh yeah and Aunt Anna. Joss owns Buffy and Spike.

Now that we’ve gotten past the badness that was Buffy/Parker we can move on to a little bit of Spuffy. *yay* Thanks for the reviews guys, keep it up, it feeds the muse! ^_^
Custode del Mio Cuore


By: Golden Buffy



Chapter Four

****


Buffy returned to the darken bedroom finding Willow snuggled deep into her blanket. Upon closer inspection she could that the girl had cried herself to sleep. The top of her eye lids were red from rubbing and, her slightly moistened cheeks sparkled in the soft moon light. Buffy set her things down upon the vanity as quietly as possible then made her way over to her bed. She didn’t want to wake her cousin; she had no idea what to say. After her self admonishment in the shower she didn’t want to come off as a bitch to Willow, well not in her time of need. Buffy had no problem shooting someone down, but she made it a key never to kick a person when they had sunk to their lowest. She didn’t want karma coming back and biting her in the ass.


She climbed into bed pulling the covers up to her chin. The air conditioner was on high and the room contained a slight chill. It just wouldn’t do showing up on her first day of school with a cold. First impressions were always the most important, and a puffy eyed, snotty nosed Buffy was definitely not of the good.


****


Buffy’s first day of school was uneventful. She had almost over slept not hearing the alarm clock. Willow had babbled on about how long it had taken her just to get Buffy to open her eyes. The blonde hardly had enough time to brush her teeth, run a brush through her hair and coordinate a suitable outfit for school. It wasn’t until she had come bounding down the steps and, into the kitchen to grab a banana that she noticed the navy blue knee length pleated skirt that Willow wore with a crisp white button down top, and black paten leather loafers rounding off the outfit. Buffy frowned.


“Oh, God, no! Please tell me this is your idea of cutting edge fashion and not us wearing uniforms?”


Willow gave a small shrug. “Sorry, sad but true. This is the wonderful wardrobe of the Sunnydale Public School system.”


‘Crap!’ Buffy had mistakenly thought that leaving The Academy of Excellence at Hemery High also meant the kiss of death too all things of a uniform nature. Granted, Sunnydale’s uniforms were way better with the cute navy blue skirt, a lot nicer than the barf green that she had to wear back home, but they still had those long sleeved button down shirts. Dammit! She wanted to attend a school where she could show off her great fashion sense. The morning had definitely started off sucking.


Anna called from the open door for the girls to get a move on, not only did she have to drop them off at school but Willow’s little brother had to be get to Sunnydale Middle School as well. With a sigh Buffy grabbed a banana and her backpack and headed out the door.


****


The school was bigger than Buffy expected, for such a small town who would have guessed that they would need a school of such size. But then again Sunnydale was a small sleepy town not much in the way of entertainment, so a baby boom, not to surprising. What else was there to do on a Saturday night other than having sex?


She took comfort in the fact that the outside was well maintained, well trimmed grass, clean walking areas, a nice little shady area under a tree to sit and talk with friends. The inside was a bit of a surprise as well, that was a good thing too. Buffy hadn’t any idea what to expect from a public school since she attended private all her life, but it was better than her expectations. Again, it was clean, smelled good and the halls were huge. As she wandered down the hall her cousin hadn’t stopped talking about how great her school was, and how much she hoped Buffy would enjoy her time there. She didn’t want to burst the girl’s bubble, but she wasn’t big on academic attendance. School sucked! But on the plus side, Willow showed no lasting effects of the previous night’s activities. She was her normal bubbly self. That soon changed when Xander came into view.



Willow’s face had darkened as she locked eyes with her soon to be ex-friend. Because there was no way that she was going to remain friends with Xander, nuh uh, no way, not after what he’d done.


Xander scanned the crowd of teens looking for the splash of red amongst them. He spotted her along with her cousin and started towards them, goofy smile in place. Their eyes locked and he watched Willow shut down, her animated babbling coming to a halt, and her features turning cold. He had really messed things up this time hadn’t he? Willow was pissed, but for the life of him Xander couldn’t understand why. Maybe she was upset because he had let himself get drunk? Yeah, that was it, it was because of all the underage drinking and not staying sober to drive. With that thought he pressed forward.


Buffy wasn’t ready for this confrontation first thing in the morning, she was still adjusting to the idea of wearing a school uniform. But it seemed that there was no avoiding the inevitable as Xander strolled towards them.


“Hey, Will, can… can we talk for a second?” Xander hesitantly asked.


“No, there will be no talking, Xander.” Willow gritted out through clinched teeth before turning to Buffy. “Come on, the Principle’s office is this way.”


She grabbed Buffy by the hand and forcefully pulled her down the hallway. The blonde tried to break free but the more that she struggled, the harder Willow’s grip tightened. “Hey, Willow, let go of my hand.”


Startled, the girl looked down at their combined hands, blushed, then quickly released her cousin. “Sorry. Didn’t realize I was pulling you so hard. I just got, you know, carried away with all the running from Xander reflex.”


“No biggie, just next time, don’t take me along for the ride.” Buffy chastised, giving her hand a shake.


The two continued in silence for the short trek to the office before parting company. Buffy pushed the doors open and walked inside as Willow turned to head for her homeroom period. Xander was lying in wait.


“Willow, you can’t play avoid the Xander forever.”


She turned around and pointed to her face. “Do you see this Xander? This is my resolve face, do you know what that means when I have this face on?”


Xander sighed, yes, he did know what that meant. It meant he’d have to try harder to get her to forgive him. “Look, I’m sorry about the whole drinking thing.”


Willow stopped walking and swung around to glare at the boy. “You… you think this is about you drinking? God, Xander, no it’s not. How could… I mean… you…. I can’t even speak.”


Now he was completely confused. “Okay, if this isn’t about the Xander getting drunk then what is it?”


Willow advanced on Xander jabbing her finger in his chest punctuating every word that she said. “If you don’t know what you did then it’s so not my problem. But I know that you know that I know what you did, and that’s all that needs to be said.” With that out of the way Willow turned around and hurried to class.


Two boys who witnessed the confrontation walked by Xander, one patted him on the shoulder. “Dude, chicks are crazy.”


Xander only nodded before mumbling, “Tell me about it!”


****

After meeting the toad that was Principle Snyder and having to listen to him drone on and on about how Sunnydale High was a respectable school, not catering to the spoiled rich brats like Buffy’s previous school. She was insulted that he had expected her to want special treatment, and that she wouldn’t be getting any even if she begged. When she tried to correct him, he spoke over her adding, “I had a peek at your attendace record at your old school and grade scores. We do not tolerate tardiness and you will keep your grades up to standard.” And last but not least, he would be watching her. So she better not fuck up.


Buffy was certain that the troll liked to hear himself talk, it was the only explanation as to why it took him a full twenty five minutes to finish up his speech then kick her out of his office. She had missed homeroom, not a biggie. But now she was late for first period, she gripped the green hall pass in her right hand and her class schedule in her left. Glancing down she looked at the room number repeating it over and over in her head. She was really dreading the fact that not only was she late but she’d have to walk into the class and all eyes would be on her, the new girl. Don’t get it wrong, Buffy enjoyed being the center of attention, but not when it came to first days of school.


She came to the door, Mr. Giles, World History, took a deep breath then pulled it open. The classroom was quite, Rupert Giles ran a tight ship, he didn’t take kindly to students talking as he taught, or to kids who were late for his class. His eyes narrowed as he watched the young blonde step into his room.


Buffy could feel the eyes on her as she walked in, she really wanted to give them all the one fingered salute but restrained herself. First impressions, Buffy. First impressions, she reminded herself as she headed towards the teacher’s desk. She could hear some whispering going on behind her as well as a few giggles.


“Um, hey, I’m new.” As an after thought Buffy thrust her schedule into Giles’ face. “This is for you, ‘cause I need your initials.”


Giles took the paper leveling Buffy with an irritated glare, he hated when students shoved items in his face.


“I’m quite clear as to what this paper is for,” He glanced down at the schedule in his hand to read her last name. “Miss. Sumemers, but thank you for the reminder. Now take any one of the empty seats. And no talking.”


Buffy breathed a sigh of relief as she turned and walked towards an empty desk. The snobby British teacher hadn’t announced her arrival to the class saving her from being put on display like some carnival freak. Taking one of the seats in the back she started to get comfortable when Mr. Giles stood up and walked to the center of the room.


“Okay, students. I’d like you to welcome Miss. Buffy Summers to our class. She transferred here from L.A.”


With a groan Buffy let her head drop on top of the desk.


****

The rest of the morning progressed in the same manner; it seemed that her first four periods moved on like a fly trapped in molasses. So when Faith finally found her as she trudged towards her locker it was like a breath of fresh air.


“Hey, B, what’s up?” Faith asked folding her arms over her chest as she leaned back against a closed locker.


“Nothing, school sucks. God, when will this all end?”


“In another year.”


Buffy rolled her eyes and slammed the locker shut. “it was a rhetorical question, Faith.”


“I know. I just like fuckin’ with ya.” The girl finished with a smirk. Buffy rolled her eyes once more before laughing.


****

The lunchroom was wall to wall teens. Buffy found it to be a bit intimidating. Hemery was a popular school, but being private and costing an arm and a leg a year limited the population to only the upper crust - Since they were the one who could afford it. So classes and lunch time wasn’t so packed. Faith was with her every step of the way as they braved the lunch line and the throng of kids between them and their table.


As they walked Buffy took note of the eating order. The Goths ate at the table in the far back next to the vending machines, the Nerds ate lunch at the first two front tables, that was where she found Willow. She was talking to some skinny girl with mousy colored hair. The redhead paused to smile at her cousin. Buffy quickly returned it before turning her eyes away. Wasn’t good to let others know that Willow was related to her.

The Punks didn’t even eat in the cafeteria, they ate outside, enabling them to grab a quick smoke before the remaining classes of the day. Then you had the Drama Club which pretty much had the table directly in front of the Goths. The two center tables where left for the elite of the school, Jocks, Cheerleaders, and those popular by association. That’s where Faith parked her lunch try and her butt. Buffy sat down beside her.


“The popular table, huh?”


Faith turned to her with a smirk. “What, surprised?”


“Sort of. I kinda took you for a loner. You know, not conforming to society’s rules.”


Faith laughed before taking a bite out of her hamburger. “Yeah, well, as much as I’d love to be some place else, with money comes power.” She used her fingers to make exclamation makers on the word power. “And like it or not I’m rich and so are you, plus you hang with me. So we sit here.”


Who was she to argue with logic? With a shrug Buffy started to eat her own lunch when someone tapped her on the shoulder. Frowning, she put her sandwich down and looked up.


“Hey, Buffy!” Parker said with a smile.


Buffy didn’t smile back only staring at him for a moment, before arching her brow in silent question.


“I had a great time last night. And I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?”


This time she smiled. “I had fun too, really. But the thing is… I don’t see us doing the long term thing. We had sex, it was fun, but it’s time to move on. So stop bothering me as if I was your girlfriend.”


Faith couldn’t help the snort that burst through her throat almost causing her to spit her drink out all over the Formica table top. It was about time Parker got a taste of his own medicine.


Buffy’s response and subsequent brush off took him by surprise, and Parker stood there for a moment with a shocked expression. This was a definite first, getting the blow off by a girl.


Buffy frowned. “Was there something else you wanted? ‘Cause we’re in the middle of eating lunch.” She indicated by taking a small bite of her food.


“Uh, no, I guess that was all.”


“Okay, later!” With that she turned her attention back to her tray as the boy walked away.


Faith was giggling hysterically by the time Parker got to his seat. “Oh, God, B. That was good. I think I just saw his ego burst.”


Buffy smirked. “Yeah, I had him pegged from the door. Like he was so going to play me… not. I don’t get played, I do the playing.”


****


Spike and Angel had entered the cafeteria late. They had just gotten out of morning detention for being tardy three days in a row last week, and Spike had received another morning detention for being late yet again that morning. They left the lunch line with food in hand and were walking towards their table when they spotted Parker talking to that new girl, Buffy. Well, Spike was almost certain that’s what her name was.


Spike watched the scene play out as he continued to the table. His buddy had his cheesy little grin plastered on as he spoke. The girl looked up at him then replied to his question, causing the boy’s face to wilt. Spike wished that he could read lips because he was dying to know what she had said to him. Going by Faith’s reaction of almost spitting out her grape drink it must have been funny. Parker looked at a lost before uttering some parting words before walking away.


That’s when he remembered he saw her leaving one of the rooms last night with Parker. He must have tired coming onto her again and she gave him the brush off. It was the only explanation for his behavior just now. Spike smirked, he really needed to meet this chit.


As if reading his friend’s mind Angel took the lead and walked over to Buffy and Faith. Spike followed close behind.


Buffy found herself being interrupted from her lunch yet again. With the roll of her eyes she placed her lunch on the tray and looked up. Instead of seeing Parker, this time it was the other brunette from last night, the tall bearish looking boy. Buffy gave him the once over before looking behind him, her gaze landing on Spike. Her eyes lit with recognition and she smiled.


“Name’s Angel.”


“Nice too meet you, Angel.” Buffy offered him a small smile before turning her attention to Spike. “Now tell me, who’s your friend?”


Faith was biting the inside of her mouth to keep from laughing, but tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes. Man, Buffy was harsh when it came to what she liked. She just chewed through Parker, barely replied to Angel’s introduction and now wanting to know who Spike was. She couldn’t have picked a better girl to hang out with.


Spike took it from there, stepping closer to the table, his patented smirk firmly in place. “Name’s Spike.”


Buffy smirked back. “Spike, huh?” She let her gaze travel over his body, she so wasn’t undressing him with her mind. Okay, maybe she was, but it was allowed, he was major salty goodness. “Maybe I’ll let you show me how you got that name some time.”


Not waiting for a reply Buffy rose from her seat picked up her tray and headed for the exit. That was one of her little rules on dating, always leave the guy wanting more. And she was quite positive that Spike was definitely wanting more.


“Oh, dude, you so have you hands full with that one.” Angel commented as he watched her leave.


Spike nodded in agreement, already plotting out how he would see her again. That’s when he noticed Faith still sitting in her seat. With a smile he sat down beside her.

****

Cordelia watched as Angel and Spike approached her sister and her new best friend, and frowned. What was this? Everyone was just dying to meet Buffy. First she stole Parker, which by the way Cordelia wanted nothing to do with, and now she was stealing the attention of two other hot guys.


“Why is my Blondie Bear talking with her?” Harmony asked as she sat down next to the other girl.


“I don’t know, but it can’t be good.”


Harmony nodded in agreement, she knew that smirk that he had plastered on his face. It was his I know I’m sexy and I’m going to flirt with you smirk. That smirk was supposed to be just for her not for just any old tramp. Not that Harmony thought of herself as a tramp, because she wasn’t, she was far above that. Plus, she needed to talk to him. She completely over reacted last night, reading into something that wasn’t there. So what if Spike just happened to have come out of a room with another girl, she was his old tutor maybe he needed tutoring or something. Yeah, that was it. He needed help with school work and seeing her at the party was the perfect time to ask for assistance.


“If you believe that crap you deserve to be cheated on.” Cordelia spat as she glared at the top of Parker’s head. She couldn’t believe she even liked him. How did she not know he had such bad taste in girls? And to stoop so low as to sleep with Buffy… ewww!


Harmony scrunched her brow in confusion. “What are you talking about? I so wasn’t cheated on.”


“You just mumbled that stupid excuse for Spike bonking Cecily out loud. I can’t believe you would even talk yourself into believe that? He’s no good for you, Harmony. Technically, none of them are any good for either of us. We think we can change them but we can’t. They are little boys playing a stupid game and they don’t care who they hurt.” To bad she couldn’t get herself to take her own advice, she was still seething over the whole Parker thing.


“You’re wrong. Spike’s just confused and I’m just the girl to show him the light. I just need more time that’s all.” Harmony insisted. She knew that she was right, she could help Spike. He was just confused and lost but she could, and would, be his salvation.


****


“So how was school?” Anna asked as she dished some mash potatoes onto Saul’s plate. He took the offered plate before looking at Buffy and sticking out his tongue.


‘Little shit. I’ll get him’ she thought as she sought out his shin to kick him in it. He yelped before bending down to rub his wounded area.


“Stop harassing your cousin, Saul.” Jason chastised pointing his fork towards his son. “If the boy still keeps messing with you, you have our permission to beat him into submission,” he finished with a grin.


Buffy and Willow giggled at the idea.


“First day was good. I meet Principle Snyder. Nice guy… not. But all in all it was good.” Buffy moved her food around the plate with her fork; she really wasn’t hungry. She missed her parents and sitting here eating dinner with her Aunt and her family wasn’t making things any better. How could she act all happy and carefree when all she wanted was to return home to L.A.? Her dad hadn’t even call to wish her a good first day.


“You know, my stomach isn’t feeling so hot. I think I’ll head up to bed.”


She got up from her seat and headed for the stairs.


****


By the time dinner was over and the dishes all washed and put away, Buffy had taken a shower and got ready for bed. She was currently sitting on her bed playing with the phone in her hands. She was toying with the idea of calling home. She was only gone for two days, but she missed them, and wondered if they even missed her.


“It’s not hard, Buffy. Just dial the darn numbers.” And she did, holding her breath as it rang.


“Hello, Summers residence.”


“Hey, Maria, is my dad around?” Buffy asked hopefully.


“Hello, Sinora Buffy. I’m sorry but you’re father is not around.”


Her shoulders slumped and her bottom lip jetted out into a pout. “Do… do you know when he’ll be in?”


“No, I do not.”


“I see. Well, yeah, um, can you tell him that I called?”


“Si. Buffy, Are you okay?”


Buffy smiled at the concern in Maria’s voice, and was surprised by the sudden urge to cry. But she swallowed around the lump that formed in her throat and smiled into the phone instead. “Yeah, I’m just peachy, I’ll try back later. Bye.”


Buffy hung up the phone and swiped at the few tears that broke free of her small dam and placed the hand set back on top of the night stand, just as Willow entered the room.


“Hey, Buffy, are you okay?”


What was this? Did she have a huge poster taped to her chest which read “I’m home sick. Please, someone put me out of my misery!” Buffy flopped back onto the bed looking up at the ceiling. “Yeah, Will, everything’s fine.”


“Oh, okay.” Willow wandered over to her bed with her backpack in tow. Sitting down she started removing her books for homework.


The room was quite except for the occasional turning of pages from the book and the scribbling of a pen. Willow couldn’t concentrate, her mind was just to fuzzy with questions. Hesitantly she put her pen down and turned towards her cousin.


“Buffy, can I… can I ask you something?”


Buffy was still lying on her back but no longer looking at the ceiling, her eyes were closed.


“Shoot.”


There was a long pause causing her to sit up on her bed. Willow was still there, her mouth moving but nothing coming out.



“Are you going to ask me something or do I have to sit here all night looking at you’re soundless mouth?”


That brought Willow around. “It’s Xander. He tried to talk to me after I walked you to the Principle’s office, and he was all with the kicked puppy look. He had no idea why I was mad at him. I mean how could he not be… he acted... so…. So stupid. And I’m just supposed to what… be happy and act all best friend Willow?”


“Willow, it’s not you. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Honestly, guys don’t know what they have even when it’s slapping them in the face. Not until it’s to late. He’s a boy and like all boys when a hot chick comes along promising you something you kind of take it. Not saying that Xander and Faith getting it on was a good thing, and you should forgive him for it, but, he had no idea that you like him like him. And he shouldn’t be penalized for being, well, a guy. You two need to talk. Talking is the key.”


Willow let the advice sink in. She would never have looked at it from that point of view before, hence her asking Buffy for advice. True. Xander didn’t know that she liked him in that manner, and alcohol and sexy girls never are mixy. Maybe she could forgive Xander and then they could talk. Like really talk, not best friend talk but boy to girl talk. “Thanks, Buffy.”


“Yeah, yeah, just don’t get used to asking me for advice.” Buffy said with a small smile. Just because she was smiling didn’t mean she was starting to like her cousin, nope. She’d only offered some help to stop the girl from moping around the house. A happy Willow left more free time for Buffy.


Willow had returned back to her homework leaving Buffy without any distraction. So she was left to sitting on her bed once more with nothing to do. The thought about calling her friends back in L.A. came to mind, but she was sure by now that their parents had ordered them not to speak with her. You know, with her being the Black Sheep and all. Wouldn’t want any of the Mayor’s supports fraternizing with the Bad Seed. Wouldn’t help in the polls not one bit. Instead Buffy decided to paint her nails.


She had just started on her left hand when she heard what sounded like pebbles hitting a window interrupted her. Willow looked over at her in confusion, Buffy only shrugged her shoulders then turned back to her nail polish. That’s when the sound came again. This time Buffy screwed the top onto the polish and headed over to the window. Opening it up she stuck her head out, letting her eyes adjust to the darkness before picking up a figure standing just below the huge tree outside the window.


“Spike?”


“Yeah.” He replied letting the remaining stones in his hand drop to the ground.


“What are you doing out there?” She asked a bit perplexed.


“Wanted to know if you’d like to go to a small get together?” His voice was hopeful.


“When?”


“Now, tonight. I know it’s short notice…”


Buffy didn’t let him finish as she cut him off. “Cool. Give me a sec. to get ready. ‘Kay?” she slipped back inside and headed for the closet.


“Where are you going?” Willow asked from her position on the bed.


“Out.”



“Buffy, do you really think that’s such a good idea? I mean it’s a school night, plus it’s like ten o’clock.”



Buffy wriggled into a pair of low ride acid washed denim jeans, then pulled on a dark brown shirt with hot pink lettering reading “Princess” on it. She ran the brush over her twice then put it into a pony tail. She sprayed some vanilla perfume on then slipped into a pair of ballerina slippers. Walking over to the window she turned back to her cousin. “Hold down the fort for me.” With that she slipped out the window and down the tree.


****
AN: Are you still with me? I hope so. Feed the Muse, leave a review.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=26819