The Thin Line Between Love & Hell by TillDustDoUsPart
Summary: This story takes place following the events of my first FanFic “William The Bloody Is Back”. Buffy is left heartbroken after Spike has left her again deciding for the both of them it was for the best. Spike has left and gone back to LA to continue fighting the good fight by himself. Buffy needing resolution to their relationship feels she must find Spike and tell him how much he means to her. Unfortunately fate will not let them solve it so easily.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 16936 Read: 5382 Published: 09/15/2007 Updated: 09/15/2007

1. Gone Again by TillDustDoUsPart

2. So this is Hell by TillDustDoUsPart

3. Together at last? by TillDustDoUsPart

Gone Again by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It’s highly recommended that you read my first FanFic "William The Bloody Is Back" as this is a continuation of the first story and the second in a trilogy. The final story is " Who Has The Last Laugh".
The Thin Line Between Love & Hell



Spike: So what kind of beastie are you? Ahh a Xiomora demon is it. Preying on a helpless couple are we? Well you should try fighting another demon, bet it will give you a bigger rush. Now turn around you slag so we can have at it.

Spike is standing in a dark alley behind an apartment building when he notices a demon cornering a couple that was making out. He tries to get the attention of the demon so the couple can run away. When the demon turns around toward Spike the couple runs away scared into the building.

Spike: Big boy ain’t ya, been snacking on plenty of humans I gather. Well just try to take a bite out of me before I rip your head off.

The demon roars as it comes after Spike and he just smiles. They fight with the demon swinging wildly at Spike and he just dodges it. Eventually the demon gets tired and Spike rips a small pipe off the wall and drives it into the chest of the demon. The demon screams as it falls to the floor, then Spike walks over and breaks his neck. Spike satisfied with himself pulls out a cigarette and lights it as he walks away toward his motorcycle.

Spike: Let be known to all the beasties here that I’m back and here to stay.

Spike hops on his bike and drives away. Suddenly from a window in the apartment building shows two men wearing robes and their faces covered with their hoods. They watched the whole fight between Spike and the demon.

Thadius: I don’t think so…William.

Cut to:
Buffy is still in bed curled up and under the covers. She is depressed and doesn’t want to do anything but sleep. But she can’t sleep with so many thoughts running through her head. She forces herself up out of bed and decides work is the only thing that will get her mind off Spike. She cleans up then gets dressed and leaves her bedroom and sees Dawn talking with Willow.

Buffy: You two still here, I told you I’ll be fine.

Willow: What you just wanted me to leave; I mean what kind of friend would I be then.

Dawn: Did he at least say where he was going or when he would be back?

Buffy: No, he just wants to probably be as far away from me as possible. I have that effect on men as they always want out and when they want out that means far away. I just want to go back and get some work done. I fell behind on so much since this whole thing with Spike. I need to start training the newbies again.

Willow: Sure Buffy I mean work definitely does a body good especially a heart achey one.

Dawn: You really want to go back to work now; I mean this would be perfect time to use your sick leave.

Buffy: I’m fine really can we just go.

Cut to:
Buffy enters the Slayer school and sees Giles along with Jaime. They are both surprised to see her and by herself as they look around for Spike.

Giles: Spike must be home sleeping I’d imagine but do you intend to keep him around to help train the Slayers. He might be useful as he helped with the potentials. I just hope he doesn’t have any relapses.

Jaime: Giles was filling me in about what has been going on and it is really fascinating.

Buffy: (unsure of what to say) Spike won’t be here helping us today.

Giles: Sad to hear that, I just thought he could be an asset to us provided that he doesn’t distract you from your duties.

Buffy: He’s not…here, he left. He left me and had to be alone because…look he’s not coming around.

Giles: I see, I’m sorry to hear that Buffy do you think you will be alright after everything that has happened. Are you sure you can be here?

Buffy: I’ll manage, I’ve always managed and maybe I should just be a manager with a nametag that says “manager”.

Giles: Buffy I wasn’t trying to…

Buffy: So where is the fresh crop of newbies?

Jaime: Downstairs in the gym.

Buffy: Catch you two later (leaves).

Giles: Did you two know about this?

Willow: We just found out this morning. Looks like he left awhile ago but no one knows where. Poor Buffy, she has had her heart broken by every man she has ever loved. I don’t know how she deals but she does.

Dawn: She has always been able to survive through these things. Maybe she just needs to give having boyfriends another break.

Giles: We need to watch after her. We all know how strong she is but a person can only take so much heartbreak.

Jaime: Where do you think this Spike is now?

Cut to:
Spike comes back to his old apartment in LA and finds it a mess. It looks like someone may have been living there while he was gone. Tired from his fight he decides to take a rest and lays down on his couch. Minutes later someone knocks on his door.

Spike: (half opens the door) What do you want?

Landlord: You haven’t paid your rent in a long time…what do you think I want.

Spike: You’ll have your bloody money soon enough. (closes the door) Just need some work is all.

Landlord: (outside) You just got your two weeks notice. Don’t pay up and you’re evicted, you got that (walks away).

Spike: Stupid wanker (yells) you’ll have your sodding cash.

Cut to:
The two robed men are in a room talking to each other. They are preparing to leave and discuss what they are going to do next.

Polaris: Thadius where shall we look for William the Bloody? I have a feeling that he is still in LA. But why would he kill that demon?

Thadius: Evil demons don’t need to act rationally. They are just monsters who do as they please. Perhaps that demon angered him in some way.

Polaris: Soon as we find him he shall make the greatest sacrifice to date for our Lord. When he reaches our Lord he will regret all those sins he has committed.

Thadius: I look forward to this hunt. I had wished only we had caught him earlier. But in time he will meet his fate.

Cut to:
Buffy is through with her training of the newly brought in Slayers and has sent them off to Giles. Tired she walks to her office and sees Jaime.

Jaime: Buffy, mind if we have a word.

Buffy: What is it?

Jaime: I know that this isn’t my place but I think I should tell you that men have broken my heart as well.

Buffy: (unsure how to react) I’m sure I got you beat.

Jaime: Just hear me out. I once dated a man who I thought was the most charming and delightful person on the planet. We were seeing each other for months and I thought he would ask me to marry him any day now. One day he told me that he found someone else whom he met at work that could make him feel like no one else could. This woman apparently was able to make him feel something that he said he never felt with me. I was devastated that the man I loved would leave me and said that he felt I never gave him that same feeling. I felt that I could never love again or be happy again but I was wrong. I met someone again who made me feel love again. What I’m saying Buffy is that you can move on and be happy again.

Buffy: There is no possible way for you to know that.

Jaime: Course no one can predict what fate will bring us but fate has brought me Giles…or I mean I wasn’t saying that me and Giles are…but someday Buffy things will change and get better.

Buffy: (confused) Sure whatever you say. I’m taking my lunch now (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy arrives home at her apartment tired and wanting to get some sleep and something surprises her as she enters.

Willow: Surprise, this is a get well party for you Buffy. Not that you were sick or anything but like a cheering up party.

Willow has made a banner that says “Get Well Buffy” and Dawn is standing next to her with a party hat on. Behind them are Jaime, Kennedy and Giles who are there to try and cheer up Buffy.

Buffy: This is too much too soon you guys, but thanks anyway I appreciate it.

Willow: Right Buffy I should have known that what was I thinking. Let’s just throw a party when Buffy doesn’t feel like partying.

Buffy: Will, this is great I just need to go to my room for a sec and I’ll be right out.

Dawn: I helped decorate too you know. I helped with the party hats (Buffy walks away).

Buffy is in her room not ready for this party but knows that she has to get out there and put a smile on. She is hurting still but doesn’t let it show on the outside. She changes and heads back outside to the living room and runs into Kennedy.

Kennedy: Buffy I got filled in to what happened and I think that it’s messed up that it went down like that.

Buffy: Me too, but I think that he needs some time and some space and then maybe he will come back. But he doesn’t I’ll be fine.

Kennedy: Ever thought of going after him. If someone I loved left me like that I would try to look for them and probably tell them off.

Buffy: I don’t know right now. I thought about it but I don’t know what we would say to each other. I hate him for leaving me and breaking my heart again but I can’t bring myself to continue hating him. He will always be in my heart.

Kennedy: That thin line between love and hate can be a real bitch sometimes. If you keep jumping over it, you forget which one is which anymore and it just blurs together.

Buffy: I know but it does help a lil to talk about it. Thanks Kennedy. (calls to Willow) Hey do you think we can talk.

Willow: Sure Buffy whatever you want.

Buffy: Do you think that you can do a spell to see how Spike’s doing? I want to make sure he’s Ok.

Willow: I could do that but I just need something of his to channel his essence. Did he leave anything of his behind?

Buffy: Fraid not, he took what he had with him.

Willow: Sorry Buffy but since we don’t know where he is I needed something of his.

Buffy: (sighs) Never mind just wishful thinking I guess. I hope that he’s alright.

Cut to
Spike is at a demon bar sitting at the counter having a drink and talking to the bartender.

Spike: …so you’re telling me that no one here needs a demon for hire. I could work as a bouncer. That ponce you have working security on this joint is a joke. A human could walk right past him.

Bartender: He’s been here forever and I never had any problems. Since when does William the Bloody need a job here. (mocking) I thought you were back and everyone should fear you again.

Spike: The name’s Spike now and I just had a change of tune. Need to get some honest work at a demon bar to pay the bills and what not.

Bartender: I don’t have any jobs for you here try somewhere else.

Spike: This is the last bar in town you must have something. My landlord has threatened to evict me and I need some work. Forget it I don’t want to work at this sodding place anyway (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy is getting ready for bed and slides under the covers. She grabs Mr. Gordo and falls asleep but has a dream about Spike. She’s dreaming that Spike is being chased by a group of demons and that they eventually catch up to him. He fights back but is brought down and beaten up by the demons. Suddenly Dioxin appears and orders the demons to kill Spike so he ends up in the Hell dimension. The demons all converge and eventually Spike is dust. Dioxin laughs as he disappears along with the other demons. Buffy wakes up calling Spikes name and she has the feeling that he is in trouble. She gets dressed and leaves her place for Willow’s apartment. Once Buffy reaches Willow’s place she bangs on the door. Willow groggy and cranky answers the door.

Willow: (eyes closed) Whatever you’re selling we don’t want any. (opens her eyes) Buffy what’s wrong?

Buffy: (walks in) Will I just had this bad dream and I need your help.

Willow: What now, do you want me to do a spell so you don’t dream anymore, that might be tricky.

Buffy: No I need you to find Spike. I think that he’s in trouble.

Cut to:
Spike is walking down a back road to his apartment when he sees the two robed men in the distance standing there waiting for him. He walks up to them and pulls out a cigarette.

Spike: And who might you two be. Let me guess you two are not here to offer me a job right.

Thadius: We have been waiting for you William. We are both here to introduce you to your fate. Soon you will be in Hell with Dioxin who will make you suffer for all the evil you have done.

Polaris: We should introduce ourselves I am Polaris and this is my brother Thadius. Our group has been serving Dioxin for a long time now. But regretfully there are only two of us left. We worship the Hell God Dioxin who makes demons like yourself pay for the sins you’ve committed.

Spike: So what is it you two do exactly by worshipping this Dioxin? And what is it you want with me I am no longer William the Bloody. I don’t do those bleeding things anymore. I fight for the side of good now. So run along and sacrifice some other demon.

Thadius: Our job is to kill demons and send them to Dioxin. We don’t believe your lies and we are the fighters of good. Dioxin is the only one who can make sure demons like you are made to suffer for eternity. We have been fortunate to run into you.

Polaris: What possible good could you have done to undo all those people you’ve killed? You have been gone awhile now but you returned to LA to kill people William. Once we heard William the Bloody was here in LA we had to come and find you. Your death will make the greatest sacrifice to date for the great Dioxin.

Spike: Listen you two I’m not William the Bloody. I am Spike and all I want to do is go home and take a nap. I understand what you two do but I have a soul and you can rest assured I will not hurt the innocent anymore.

Thadius: And what was your soul doing when you killed those people here in LA recently.

Polaris: You think having a soul lets you get away with what you’ve done.

Spike: That was different, I wasn’t in control then I was…look are you going to let me go or do I have to hurt you two.

Thadius: We are not afraid to do this as we know where our future lies but you will soon know yours.

Polaris: Let’s end this existence of yours now William.

The two robed men attack Spike and he tries to fight them off. The men both attack and are able to keep Spike off balance for most of the fight. When Spike goes to attack one of them the other attacks Spike in the back. They continue to fight for awhile until Thadius pulls out a dagger and stabs Spike with it while he was distracted by Polaris. The dagger pierces his body in the upper left side of his chest and goes straight through. Spike immediately falls to the ground in pain and unable to move. The two men smile and look down at Spike.

Thadius: In ten minutes time your end will come. The poison in your blood contains the essence of the sun. Soon it will flow through the rest of your body and you will burn to death from the inside. This is a fitting death for a monster like you.

Polaris: There is no cure or antidotes so don’t bother begging for your existence. You will meet Dioxin soon and he will be pleased to see you. You are one of the many demons that still exist in this world that is not in Hell yet.

Thadius: We will seek out the others so they can join you. Goodbye William (they both walk away).

Spike reaches toward his wound and is immediately burned when he touches it.

Spike: Oh Bollocks.

Cut to:
Buffy and Willow are still in the apartment discussing how to find Spike.

Willow: …like I said earlier I’m gonna need something of his that I can channel to find him. But you said you don’t have anything.

Buffy: Here Willow use this (hands Willow something) this is a letter he wrote me before he left and this is a strand of his hair I found in the sink. This is the best I got.

Willow: Uhm this should be enough I think hold on a sec.

Willow places the letter on the floor and places the peroxide strand of hair on top of it.

Willow: Ok I can do this (chants).

The letters lift off the page and forms a map of LA. Then the strand of hair lands on the alley where Spike is. The strand of hair glows in pulses but is erratic and fades with each pulse.

Willow: Buffy I’m reading that something has happened to Spike. I think something really bad.

Buffy: Oh God what has he gotten himself into. Will, can you send me there?

Willow: Buffy I don’t know what to focus on around him to send you to him. I need to bring something back here but I don’t know what is around him. I could accidentally bring back another person.

Buffy: (pleading) Spike needs me Will. I have to help him. I’m not going to leave him again to die. Only you can do this Willow.

Willow: (sighs) Ok I think I’ve got something get ready.

Willow chants and focuses on something to trade for with Buffy. Suddenly a trash can appears in the living room in front of Buffy and Willow.

Buffy: You’re trading me for trash thanks a lot…

Cut to:
Buffy disappears and transports to where the trash can was which is down the alley from Spike. She sees him in the distance on the floor and runs to him.

Buffy: (crying) Spike what happened to you? (looks at his wound) who did this to you? (looks and sees the two robed men walking away barely visible before they disappear in the shadows) Spike…

Spike: Didn’t expect to see you here pet. Come to see my offing is it?

Buffy: No I’m here to save you worthless butt again. I’m gonna call Willow and…

Spike: (in pain) No point luv, gonna close the book any minute now. The poison in my body has no cure and there’s nothing you can do.

Buffy: There has to be something I can do, you can’t leave me again. I don’t think I can take it. Spike please let me help you.

Spike: (clutches his chest in pain) It’s started luv the poison is going through my body as we speak. Can we just talk? I never thought I’d see you again. It feels like I haven’t seen you in forever.

Buffy: Spike why does this always have to happen with us. Why must you leave me every time we are together? I’m starting to think you don’t like me anymore.

Spike: I love you Buffy, always have, and always will. I just felt it was the right thing to do because I know that you will never…

Buffy: How can you say that I don’t love you after everything we have been through? We both know it was no picnic in the park, Spike. We both have had our ups and downs. But I wanted to tell you that it was worth it, all of it. Spike you and me are never going to have it easy or simple. But what we have is worth it and I know that we can make it work.

Suddenly smoke is rising from Spike’s body as he goes into intense pain as he is burning from the inside out. Buffy grabs his hand and holds on it.

Spike: No more time left luv, guess this is the long goodbye. Pet wherever I end up know this that I will continue to love you and my love will always be with you. You’re the one Buffy and the only one for me (pain increases and is unable to speak).

Buffy: I just have one more thing to tell you Spike. You said something in your letter that hurt me so much that I have to let you know that you’re wrong. You said that I could never love you like you love me but you’re wrong. You may never have felt it but it was there all along. (squeezes his hand tighter) Spike…I…truly…really do…with all my heart and soul…I…

Suddenly Spike’s pain reaches it’s peak as the smoke from his body turns into flames and he turns to dust right in front of Buffy. Buffy in shock and utter disbelief reaches for where Spike’s head was and grabs nothing but air. Buffy stands up in a sort of trance and in shock starts to rant to herself as she walks down the alley.

Buffy: …right when I was about to tell you Spike…boy you sure pick the right time to turn to dust don’t you…it’s not like you couldn’t wait another minute before you left me again…

Buffy continues to talk to herself ranting and waving her arms in the air as she speaks. Bordering on insanity she continues to rant while she is walking.

Buffy: …why don’t I just leave and get myself killed so I don’t have to see or talk to Buffy anymore…do I have some hideous disease or something… (smells herself) do I have some sort of odor…Mr. I love you but you can’t love me back…I like dieing so why don’t I do it again…if you come back a ghost I still going kick your ass…your dumb little plan almost worked you know…dieing so I would never have found out what happened to you…sorry to spoil it…I’m bored so why don’t I just leave Buffy again…well I’m certainly not gonna miss your stupid British accent…or your peroxide hair…or your smoking…or your extremely hot body…so long Spike guess this is goodbye forever…until you come back again of course…oh one more thing Spike I might as well say it now…I love you as much you love me…

Finally Buffy snaps out of her rant and cries as she drops to her knees. Accepting that Spike is gone she cries as she knows that he isn’t coming back this time. She hates missing the chance to tell him and let him know how much she loves him. She continues crying and pulls out her cell phone and calls Willow.

Willow: So a ticket for two back to Europe that will cost ya.

Buffy: (composing herself) Just me Willow. Spike’s not coming with.

Willow: Oh so he’s staying in LA then. Is he alright at least?

Buffy: (starts to cry again but stops) No…he’s dead. Just get me back and I can explain.

Willow chants and trades the trash can again for Buffy as she appears back at Willow’s place.

Willow: How did this happen? Who did this? Are we going after them?

Buffy: No, I mean I don’t know who did this I only caught a glimpse before they left. But Spike is dead this time and not going to pop out of thin air again.

Willow: We don’t know that, stranger things have happened. Or maybe we better not get our hopes up.

Buffy: I saw him dust right in front of me Will. And this was as real as any other vampire I’ve seen dust. I just (starts crying) know right now he’s in pain and I can’t do anything about it.

Willow: Buffy come on now, it could be worse or he could be…we don’t know where he is now. Let’s just hope that he is in peace.

Buffy: You don’t understand Will, I know where he is now and what is happening to him. He’s in…and he’s got me there with him.

Willow: Buffy you’re not making any sense right now. You know where he is? And you’re there but here? I’m way beyond confused here Buffy.

Buffy: I have to get out of here. I need to rest or something.

Willow: Yes sleep is good, sleep makes people feel less tired if that helps which I don’t think it does right now but…

Buffy: (hugs Willow) Thanks for all your help (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy is asleep and having pleasant dreams about Spike. She is remembering all the good he has done and the memories of them being together. She eventually wakes up cranky not wanting the dreams to end this time. She goes back to the Slayer school determined to find out why the people she saw wanted to kill Spike. She enters the meeting room and sees Giles, Willow and Dawn talking.

Buffy: I need to go back to LA and find whoever the Hell did this to Spike. They killed a good man and are gonna pay.

Giles: Buffy you don’t want to carry out this road of revenge for Spike because it leads to nothing but darkness.

Willow: I hate to say this but I doubt Spike would have wanted you to just go out and kill them.

Dawn: Spike didn’t deserve this even though he did a whole lot of bad stuff but whoever did this should be taught a lesson.

Buffy: I know who did this and it’s not much to go on but I will find them no matter what I have to do. Two guys in robes I saw walking away from Spike had to be the ones who did this.

Willow: I don’t think that I can have any part of this if you are planning to do what I think you’re gonna do.

Giles: Buffy listen this is not you. You are not someone who just carries out plots of revenge because of someone’s death. You have duties and responsibilities here.

Buffy: I’m going and that’s that. I could either take the long way or Willow…

Willow: Sorry Buffy…I can’t help you with this. I know how revenge can make you crazy and you only end up hurting the ones closest to you.

Buffy: Fine (leaves).

Dawn: I hate to be them when she finds them.


Continued in Chapter 2...So this is Hell...
So this is Hell by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It’s highly recommended that you read my first FanFic "William The Bloody Is Back" as this is a continuation of the first story and the second in a trilogy. The final story is " Who Has The Last Laugh".
Spike is now in the Hell Dimension with Dioxin. Dioxin has created a personal Hell for Spike which he has to relive various moments involving Buffy in some way. He has created a virtual Sunnydale which everything takes place. He picks selected memories from Spike that has some major significance for him about Buffy. Only Dioxin has created some twists for Spike. Everything around him is as real as when he first experienced them. He feels everything real to the touch and his images of various people are recreated for him including Buffy. He remembers everything that has happened to him to date but doesn’t know where he is and why these memories and experiences are reoccurring. Some of the experiences are different because Spike remembers them differently or because Dioxin has changed them. Dioxin begins his stay in Hell.

Cut to:
Spike wakes up from his dream about Buffy which he first realizes he is in love with her. He is in his crypt just as he remembers it and Harmony is sleeping next to him. In a panic he touches himself to see if he is real and realizes that he is solid. He is in disbelief to where he is and goes to see if Harmony is real by shoving her off the bed. Spike realizes that she is real as she starts to wake up angry for being shoved out of bed. Confused he starts to get up and put his clothes on.

Harmony: (gets up covering herself with a blanket) Ouch that hurt you dummy.

Spike: Where am I and please don’t tell me I’m in Hell.

Harmony: Uh duh, your place. Did the doctor rearrange some parts of your brain or something.

Spike: Back in Sunnydale, must be more to this. (to himself) I know I died. I know what that feels like so I must be somewhere. I never knew where blokes like me end up but this must be it― Sunnydale.

Harmony: (walks to him) Are you feeling alright, want me to take your temperature?

Spike: Enough you stupid git. If this is Sunnydale than Buffy must be around, I have to go see her.

Harmony: What just so she can kick your ass again Spike. Maybe you need to find some other way to kill her than just confronting her. You after all still have that chip in your head.

Spike: (puts on his jacket) I don’t care about that I have to go and I’m getting out of here.

Harmony: Good luck…

Spike goes and leaves his crypt and immediately gets burned by the sunlight. He turns and runs back into the crypt as the smoke rises from his body.

Spike: Ahh bugger that hurt. This must not be a dream than.

Harmony: Spike I may not be all that bright but I at least know not to go out into the sunlight.

Spike: Fine I’ll just go and use the tunnels then.

Spike walks over to where the entrance to the tunnels is in the crypt. He finds that the entrance doesn’t exist.

Spike: (looks up) You’re having a laugh ain’t ya? Me having to be stuck here in Hell with her and no escape you must love it. You! of all the people you could have picked, it had to be her.

Harmony: Spike I don’t think there is anyone up there. Who are you trying to talk to anyways?

Spike: (walks over and puts his hand on her throat) No more words from you. If I’m going to get through this I need you to shut the Hell up.

Harmony: If this is your idea of kinky sex or something I’m not into that.

Spike: (lets go of her) Please just let me be until nightfall.

Harmony: You didn’t get your twelve hours of sleep did you Spikey. That’s why you are all cranky this morning, I get it. I know I need my twelve hours before my brain can function.

Spike: I think I’ll take my chances out in the sunlight (walks away).

Cut to:
Buffy is back in LA and looking for the two men who she believes killed Spike. She doesn’t know where to start so she goes back to the alley where Spike died. She feels her heart drop at the spot where she last saw Spike. She is more determined than ever after looking around and not finding anything. She walks the streets looking for any signs of the two robed men. She eventually finds a demon bar and walks in.

Bartender: We don’t serve humans here in this bar. Why don’t you just leave now?

Buffy: I need some information and I’ll leave. I need you to tell me everything you know about Spike.

Bartender: I might know something but why would I tell you anything.

Buffy: (quietly) Because I am the Slayer and if you still want to have customers you will tell me everything you know right now.

Bartender: Well I guess I can tell you then. I know William the Bloody or Spike as he called himself last time he was here. He was looking for a job so he could get some money. That’s all I know about him.

Buffy: Have you seen two guys dressed in robes possibly looking him?

Bartender: I did actually have two guys dressed like that walk in here looking for Spike. They said that they needed to tell him something. So I told them that he was just here and they left.

Buffy: Anything else you can tell me about them.

Bartender: That’s it so can you please leave, having a human in here is distracting my customers.

Buffy: If you are lying to me I will burn this place down (leaves).

Buffy continues walking around the streets until she wanders into a back alley following her instincts. She walks into the same alley Spike fought that Xiomora demon and sees the two robed men leaving the apartment building and walking down the alley. Buffy without thinking runs up to them to confront them.

Thadius: Yes, and who are you?

Polaris: We have something important to carry on with.

Buffy: Does that include killing people? Because I would sure like to know if it is.

Thadius: Is this some sort of joke?

Polaris: We do not murder, we simply are fulfilling our mission.

Buffy: Why did you kill Spike? I know it was you two walking away from him.

Thadius: We killed the notorious William the Bloody just recently. He was a vampire whose sins were all over Europe and other parts of the world most recently here in LA.

Polaris: We sent him to Hell to pay for his sins for all eternity. We did nothing wrong.

Buffy: What gives you the right to decide who lives and who dies? Spike had a soul and he wasn’t William the Bloody anymore.

Thadius: And what makes you any better to decide that?

Buffy: I’m the Slayer and I made those decisions all of my life.

Polaris: You’re the legendary Slayer? We are honored to actually meet you.

Thadius: What we do is not much different than what you do Slayer.

Buffy: That was different he wasn’t in control of himself but you killed a good man.

Thadius: His sins can not be so easily forgiven whether or not he had a soul or changed as he said.

Polaris: The great Dioxin will see to him from now on. He will most likely have something appropriate for him in Hell.

Buffy: (shocked) What, did you say Dioxin? You know about him?

Polaris: He is the God that we worship that makes sure demons that commit sin are made to pay for eternity.

Thadius: We are the last of a group that has carried on this mission for years. But we are sorry Slayer as we must leave because our work is never finished.

Buffy: (angry) You two never gave him a chance to try to continue his work of helping people. Now you sent him to Dioxin. You two better leave before I do something I will regret.

Buffy stands there in front of them fists clenched and the two turn around and leave. She is able to contain the fury she has for the two men who killed Spike. Then she starts to realize that Spike is in Hell and that Dioxin is making his stay there painful. Buffy feels for Spike knowing that he will be tormented by Dioxin for eternity. She decides that she has to come home but wonders what is happening to him at this moment.

Cut to:
Spike is stuck in his crypt with Harmony and it finally turns to night for him to go out. He decides that he needs to see Buffy and see if she is here in Sunnydale. He walks to Buffy’s house and knocks on the door and Buffy answers.

Spike: Oh I’m glad if stuck here at least you are here with me. We need to talk…

Buffy: You’ve got a whole lot of nerve coming here. (punches him in the face sending in flying) First you try to get the chip out of your head then you try and kill me and now you’re glad to see me. What is wrong with you? I should just kill you.

Spike: (sitting up on the sidewalk) Buffy we need to figure out what is going on. I know that I’m dead but this being back in Sunnydale has me really scratching my head luv.

Buffy: (walks up to him) Don’t call me “luv” Spike. There is no “we” Spike. What makes you think that I want to help you in anyway?

Spike: Ok then Buffy if you don’t want to help me that’s fine but I need to tell you something.

Buffy: (starts to walk away) I don’t want to hear anything you have to say right now.

Spike: (gets up and walks in front of her) Buffy you have to listen to me…I am so sorry for leaving you. I hate that I put you in that much pain of losing me again. I still can’t believe that you had to watch me dust right in front of you. If I could do it over again I would.

Buffy: (walks around him) Spike have you lost your mind? What the Hell are you talking about?

Spike: Buffy, I love you and I know that you love me too but I just needed to tell you that I’m sorry.

Buffy: (turns around disgusted) Spike you love me? You say that I love you? Spike listen to me very carefully. I don’t love you. I can never love you. You expect me to believe that you love me. What, just before you try and kill me again. I don’t know what kind of mind games you are trying to play but don’t you ever say that to me again. Stay the Hell away from me (goes inside the house).

Cut to:
Suddenly the scene flashes forward to when Spike has Buffy chained up in his basement along with Druscilla. The scene plays out exactly the same until he walks up to Buffy.

Spike: …just give me a crumb (snaps out of it).

Buffy: The only chance you had with me was when I was unconscious.

Spike realizing what is going on walks over immediately to Druscilla and stakes her.

Buffy: That doesn’t prove anything Spike. What does that suppose to mean to me?

He turns around and immediately dodges the arrow that Harmony shoots at him. He vamps out and yells at her. She immediately runs away scared. He turns back to human face and goes back to Buffy.

Buffy: You sure have girlfriend issues Spike. Now let me go and maybe I won’t kill you.

Spike: Before I do I need to figure out something. Do you remember me going to your place after I tried to get out my chip?

Buffy: I’m not answering anymore of your questions Spike. You chain me up and make me watch this freak show and now you expect me to play some Q&A. Go to Hell.

Spike: Fraid I’m already here luv. (unchains her) Now go before something else happens.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives back at her apartment and needs some rest. She goes straight to bed after realizing that Dawn is already asleep. She crawls into bed and begins dreaming. She dreams about everything that has happened since Spike came back. The killings he did in LA and the fight that they had there. The coming back to Europe to the mind read to going to get his soul back. She remembers all the words that Dioxin told her about making his stay in Hell with her. Then she remembers something that she forgot about. She remembers running with the sphere and reaching the portal while being chased by Adam. When the portal closed on him he was still able to reach through the portal when it cut off his arm. She wakes up in the morning with an interesting thought when she goes back to the Slayer school. She goes and meets with Giles, Willow and Dawn who all are in the meeting room.

Buffy: Guys I just have to ask you something and wanted to hear what you thought about it.

Dawn: If you want to know if that outfit matches, Buffy your way off.

Willow: I have to agree with Dawn, Buffy. That outfit you got on doesn’t match whatsoever.

Giles: I’m afraid I am no fashion expect but my guess is that may not be your best look.

Buffy: No not what I’m wearing, I wanted you guys to know that I think it is possible to rescue Spike from the Hell dimension.

Giles: Buffy must we go over this Spike deal again. I rather wished that you had moved on after you returned from LA to avenge his death.

Buffy: I didn’t…if that’s what you mean. But that doesn’t matter now I need to get Spike away from Dioxin. He’s the Hell God in the dimension Spike is in right now.

Willow: Are you sure he’s there? Have you actually any proof that he is in that Hell dimension? Because it would help a lot if you did have some.

Dawn: We are not going overboard with this whole rescue Spike thing are we? I mean I want Spike back too but if he died and is in a Hell dimension I don’t think that we can just ask for his release.

Buffy: Giles aren’t there ways for demons to cross over dimensions without being harmed.

Giles: Well yes Buffy there are certain demons who cross over to every dimension and are able to do so many times. But Buffy those are special cases.

Buffy: Willow do you remember when I came back through the portal and I told you Adam was chasing me?

Willow: I’m sure he was bright and cheery to see you again.

Buffy: After I jumped through the portal he was able to cross over until the portal collapsed on his arm. He would have been here had it not closed in on him. I know that if I can get back there I can get Spike and bring him back here.

Dawn: I hope this isn’t a wild goose chase because if we go through all this work again and don’t bring him back I’m through with trying to bring back the dead.

Giles: I am against this whole heartily because of the dangers involved. You have been extremely reckless and careless since Spike’s return and his death however tragic may be for the best.

Willow: Can you be sure that he is there in that exact dimension. I didn’t know that demons actually went somewhere after they died. I just thought that it was poof and then oblivion.

Buffy: I know what I’m doing and I know it can be done. Spike being back hasn’t changed anything Giles. I have thought everything through and done what I thought needed to be done. This Dioxin I don’t think was lying because he had no reason to when he told me Spike was coming there when he died. Plus those two guys who had Spike killed said the same thing that Spike was going to that Hell Dimension. Dioxin also said he was going to make it real bad for Spike there and I can’t let him go though that for an eternity.

Dawn: What exactly is Spike going through in there?

Buffy: (closes her eyes) It’s something bad. I just know it. Can we please just get started on this soon?

Cut to:
The scene has flashed forward to Spike sitting alone in his crypt crying. Buffy has just died and sacrificed herself to save the world. Spike is crying because even though she has been gone only a few days he misses her. Spike cries for what seems like hours before he snaps out of it and realizes where he is. He remembers this event and leaves his crypt to confirm it. He goes to the cemetery and walks up to a tombstone that is labeled Buffy Anne Summers. He drops down to his knees and confirms to himself that she is dead. He touches the tombstone and feels some enormous pain. He starts talking to someone who isn’t there.

Spike: (looking up) Why have you brought me here? I know that she died but why do you have to rub it in. Love pouring salt in the wound is it. Wanted me to feel pain and suffering well you’ve done it. Now leave me be and bring me to another place. (nothing happens) Dammit then I will have to force the issue (gets up).

Spike runs from the grave and goes straight to the Summer’s house. Once he arrives at the door he knocks and Willow slowly opens the door.

Willow: Spike, I thought you were out patrolling by yourself tonight. Isn’t that what you wanted?

Spike: I need you to kick your little plan into gear and bring Buffy back. I know it’s not suppose to happen for awhile but I need her back.

Willow: What are you…what plan? We’re not going to bring Buffy back we just can’t. Spike I know that you miss her and so do we but we can’t go messing with life and death. She’s gone you need to learn to deal with it as everyone else.

Spike: No I don’t believe that. You and the rest of you hatched up a plan to bring back Buffy and it worked. She came back and had some rough patches but she is fine now. Just get to work.

Willow: Spike you must be delusional, we know that Buffy is in Heaven. Even if there was a way to bring her back we wouldn’t just rip her out of there. That would be cruel no matter how much we miss her. She’s not coming back you and need to accept that…sorry (closes the door).

Spike: (walks away looking up) Nice how you’ve changed things. Anymore surprises for me you stupid wanker.

Cut to:
Spike is walking down the alley toward the magic box and sees Buffy sitting alone outside. He realizes where he is and goes up to her. He knows that even though they said they weren’t going to bring her back they did anyways.

Spike: Oh yes Buffy you’re back at least that’s not changed.

Buffy: (not listening) What do you want Spike? Come to tell me how much you love me and how much you missed me.

Spike: Actually yes, but I wanted to know how you feel and if there is anything different about you now that you are back.

Buffy: I was happy where I was Spike. I don’t know there are words to describe it but I think I was in Heaven. I gave my life for what I thought was right and thought I’d done enough in this life. But now I’m back here going through the motions all over again.

Spike: Buffy I know this is hard for you to understand but this isn’t real none of this is. It is only real for me because I’m dead. I don’t want you to have to go through this again.

Buffy: You know the best part about being gone was? You, not having to see or hear from you anymore. Not having to listen to you tell me “I love you” anymore. Not having you looking at me with those lovesick eyes of yours. Knowing that I was as far away from you as it gets made me so happy. (crying) Now I’m back and your back here in my life and I just want it to end. This is Hell being here with you.

Spike: (shocked) You can’t mean that.

Buffy: (gets up) I have no reason to lie Spike but this is how I feel. I’m glad that you were finally able to hear it from me. Please if you love me like you say you do than stay away from me (leaves).

Spike: Buffy… (looks up) are you enjoying these petty torments? Why can’t you just end this charade and let me just die in peace. I know that Buffy was hurting but she never hated me like this. At least I don’t think so…don’t you have anything that was more pleasant.

Cut to:
Buffy, Willow, Giles and Dawn are all standing in the gym preparing to open the portal so Buffy can try and enter. Buffy follows the same procedure as before and cuts herself with a knife and lets a few drops of blood on the floor for Willow. Willow follows the same spell but notices something is preventing the spell from working.

Willow: Buffy the spell is not working. I’m sensing some sort of barrier blocking the entrance to that dimension.

Giles: Well Buffy we tried and I don’t think that they were just going to let you waltz back in there. You need to accept the fact there is nothing more we can do for Spike.

Buffy: I don’t believe that there must be a way. Why isn’t my blood working this time?

Willow: It seems that the wall blocking that dimension has gotten stronger since last time. A few drops of blood aren’t going to work.

Buffy: What will work then? Just tell me what I have to do.

Dawn: Buffy how far are you willing to go for someone that left you. I don’t think that he really wants to be brought back because why would he leave in the first place.

Willow: Buffy the amount of energy I need to break down that barrier and open the portal is going to be a lot more blood.

Buffy: (sighs) Guys I am not listening to this I said I was going to get Spike and if you all are just going to keep asking me pointless questions you might as well leave. Willow how much blood we talking here.

Willow: I’m going to need just a tiny bit more blood from you Buffy. I’m talking about three pints at least to open it up. And that’s just to open it for a little while but I don’t know how much it will take to keep it open long enough for you to get him.

Buffy: If that’s what it takes…

Giles: This has gone on long enough I am putting a stop to it this instance. Buffy losing three pints of blood is not as easy as it sounds. Do you know how much blood you need to survive? Losing that much blood could render you unconscious or possibly worse and you won’t be much good to him or anyone else for that matter. Being a Slayer you have responsibilities and others who depend on you. You can not continue doing deeds like this for selfish reasons.

Buffy: That was true Giles but I am not the only Slayer anymore. If I’m gone there are many who can take my place and continue fighting. I have given up so much and sacrificed my own happiness for this work. And I am sick of it. If my duties as Slayer are keeping me from doing this than I quit. Willow just start the spell, I’ll give you the blood you need.

Giles rushes over to Buffy and takes the knife away from her.

Giles: Buffy you are letting your love for Spike cloud you judgment. I can’t allow you to do this. Being a Slayer is not a job you can quit. You were chosen for a reason and you must continue your work. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who has made sacrifices. I ask that you postpone this decision for awhile until another solution is found. I can’t make you stop going after Spike but I won’t stand by and let you do this.

Dawn: Please listen to us Buffy we don’t want you to get hurt again.

Willow: Giles is right I don’t think the spell would be all that stable anyways. We can keep trying and help you find some other way.

Buffy storms off without acknowledging them. The others follow her upstairs until she reaches the meeting room and Buffy puts her head down. They follow in after her.

Dawn: Buffy how bout we get started on finding out some other way right now. (to Willow) There must be some stuff we can start looking at.

Willow: Uhm yeah I think some of these books might help. They are about Dioxin and the Hell dimension he’s from. (puts them on the table) I’ll be back gotta to the little girls room (leaves).

Giles: I’m sorry for having to do this Buffy but I want what’s best for you and I always have.

Buffy: (puts her head up) I know you do Giles and thanks for all your help. (Buffy stands up) I have to go stretch outside for a sec.

Giles: As you wish.

Buffy walks out the meeting room and quickly locks them inside. Giles and Dawn quickly rush to the door and realize it’s locked and pound on the door. Buffy just walks away from them and goes to find Willow.

Giles: She has clearly lost her mind. What would make her do such a thing like give up that much blood for someone who is already dead?

Dawn: Buffy was brought back from the dead, twice. For someone you love you just do anything for them without really thinking about the consequences.

Giles: Oh there will be consequences because things like these never turn out that simple.

Buffy walks to the woman’s restroom and sees Willow as she walks out.

Buffy: I thought it over and I’m going to give you the blood you need.

Willow: You took all of two seconds to come to that decision. What did Giles say about that?

Buffy: He doesn’t have a say, it’s my decision. Let’s go.

Cut to:
Spike is suddenly flashed forward to the morning after the first night that he and Buffy had sex. He wakes up with rubble around him and Buffy getting up. He starts to realize where he is when Buffy starts to wake up.

Buffy: When did the building fall down?

Spike: Sometime between the first and the… (snaps out of it). Well this qualifies as more pleasant than the last. Don’t know where this is going though. I know that she hated herself and used me.

Buffy: Spike shut up. (gets up to look for her clothes) I don’t know what you are talking about but last night didn’t happen.

Spike: Ok let me guess you just wanted to feel and decided who better or more convenient than Spike to get the job done.

Buffy: Last night meant nothing. I didn’t feel anything while I was with you. The only thing you can make me feel and ever make me feel is hate and disgust. I feel so dirty touching you. I must have been out of my mind sleeping with you. I still can’t believe that I would lower myself to ever touching you.

Spike: I know that you don’t mean that luv. You can’t.

Buffy: I mean every word of it. Haven’t you listened to what I’ve been telling for the last few years? I hate you. I could never love something as disgusting as you. This ends here Spike. I will never let you touch me again. If you come around me again I will kill you. Now I how to live the rest of my life knowing that I slept with you. You have caused me more pain than you can ever know.

Spike: I know what you said to me before but I’m different now I’ve changed.

Buffy: Nothing has changed about you Spike. You are and will always be beneath me. You’re not worthy of my love and nothing you could ever do will change that.

Cut to:
Buffy and Willow are in the gym getting ready to try and open the portal. This time there is a bowl that Buffy is standing front of. Willow is going over the plan with Buffy.

Willow: Buffy you sure about this because even if I do open it there is no guarantee that I can keep it open long enough for the both of you to get out. It could take forever to find him and plus all those demons in there won’t be happy to see you either. There is just so much that can go wrong.

Buffy: I have to take this chance. I won’t leave him in there for a second longer than I have to. I will go through anyone that tries and stops me. (holds the knife) Just tell me when you have enough.

Buffy cuts herself on her hand deep enough to allow the amount of blood needed to flow out. She holds her hand over the bowl as the blood runs down her fingers. The bowl slowly starts to fill with blood and the more blood that Buffy loses she starts to feel dizzy but doesn’t let it show. Finally the bowl is almost full when Willow tells her that’s enough.

Willow: Buffy stop, that’s enough to open it I think.

Buffy is dizzy and wraps a bandage around her hand to stop the bleeding.

Willow: Are you sure you’re alright? Do you need to rest for awhile? Maybe take a timeout?

Buffy: I’ll be fine…just open it up.

Willow performs the spell once more and is able to open the portal to the Hell dimension.

Willow: It’s open but it’s not completely stable. I’ll try to keep it open as long as I can but it could shut at any moment.

Buffy: Just do what you have to. If anything happens I just wanted to say…thanks for everything.

Willow: Just hurry up will ya.

Buffy dizzy and woozy jumps through the portal.

Cut to:
Buffy has arrived in the Hell dimension and it is much different than before as she starts to recognize where she is. She stops to hold her head for a second as she is still dizzy and having a hard time focusing. She walks down a road until she reads a sign that puts her in shock. She reads the Welcome to Sunnydale sign and knows where she is as she stumbles into town looking for Spike.


Concluded in Chapter 3...Together at last?
Together at last? by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It’s highly recommended that you read my first FanFic "William The Bloody Is Back" as this is a continuation of the first story and the second in a trilogy. The final story is " Who Has The Last Laugh".
Cut to:
Spike is flashed forward to his crypt and for a moment doesn’t remember what he is reliving. He looks around his crypt and everything looks the same so he doesn’t know what is going on. He sits on his couch and tries to think about where in time he is. Suddenly he gets a knock on the door and Clem walks in.

Clem: Spike there is a Knight Rider marathon on and I brought some hot wings.

Spike starts to remember where he is after hearing what Clem said and suddenly feels a huge pain in his chest. He knows where he is and that he just came from Buffy’s house after trying to rape her. He has flashes of her screaming and crying. He then breaks down into tears.

Spike: (looks up) Why have you brought me this?

Clem: I thought you liked hot wings. But if you prefer popcorn I could go out and get some.

Spike: No not you, him. Whoever this is, is trying to make me suffer for what I did to Buffy. I understand now. I am so sorry. But I changed it. I had to change it. I did the only thing I could have.

Clem: Uh Spike what did you do to Buffy? What did you change into?

Spike: (continues to have flashes as he speaks) I tried to give her what I thought she wanted. But she didn’t want that anymore. I didn’t understand then like I do now. I could never allow myself to do that to her again. I gotten the only thing that could have made sure of that. I went across the world to get it but now it’s here.

Clem: What was that Spike? Did you get her a present?

Spike: My soul. I had to get it back. But it brought me so much more than I thought it would.

Clem: What, you have a soul now? How did that happen? Did you buy a cheap soul from some warlock for $100?

Spike starts feels enormous amounts of pain and guilt from his soul which is thousands times worst than the first time he experienced this moment. The flashes keep running through his head non-stop and he starts to punch himself in the chest. He stops for a moment and grabs the nearby bottle of alcohol. He proceeds to guzzle down the whole bottle without stopping. He pauses for a moment but doesn’t feel the effect it should have. He throws the bottle against the wall in anger. The flashes continue as the alcohol doesn’t drown them out.

Clem: Spike you need to take it easy for awhile. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot.

Spike: Can’t, need to find Buffy and tell her how sorry I am. That I am a different person and could never do that again. She has to understand that.

Cut to:
Buffy is walking around Sunnydale amazed at how accurate everything is. She doesn’t know why Sunnydale is here and where Spike is. She starts to think that maybe Dioxin created Sunnydale for Spike to live in. She walks around looking for Spike but has to stop every few minutes because the dizziness is still there. Not knowing where to look for Spike she decides to look and find out what the date is. She tries to ask someone the date but the person ignores her. She asks a few more people but they all ignore her like she isn’t there. Finally she finds a newspaper blowing in the wind that lands at her feet. She picks it up and looks at the date. She starts to remember the date and feels her heart drop. She remembers this was the day that Spike had tried to rape her. This was the day he left to get his soul. She starts thinking that he probably is reliving that moment right now. She decides to go to Spike’s crypt to see if she can find him there before he leaves to get his soul. Buffy starts to walk toward Spike’s crypt then she sees everything around her flash forward. People flash through the streets in a blur and the sun rises and falls in a matter of seconds. Time just flashes forward around her but Buffy just stands there but eventually has to lean against a wall because she is dizzy again.

Cut to:
Spike has flashed forward to him in the school basement. He knows immediately where he is but doesn’t know when. He tries to concentrate but can’t focus because of all the voices in his head of the people he has killed. He starts walking around in circles trying to figure out how to stop all the voices. The voices keep talking to him but is able to calm most of them down. Suddenly Buffy shows up looking for Dawn.

Buffy: Dawn we have to get out of here…Spike?

Spike: Buffy. Duck.

Buffy: What duck, there’s a duck?

Buffy fights off one of the spirits and Spike knows what to do so he goes inside the room. Buffy follows him in.

Buffy: Look they will be in here soon. Spike tell me what you’re doing here.

Spike: (rambling) …stole some candy from an old woman…caught…then had to wash her fences…needed more time to ready myself…missed the carriage again…

Spike is trying to regain his sanity but all the voices in his head are returning. What he wants to say won’t come out. He can’t think or talk without the voices talking over him.

Buffy: What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you back here in Sunnydale? I thought that when you left I was hoping it would be for good. You got some nerve showing your face back here in Sunnydale after what you tried to do to me. Did you just go away so you can figure out some other way to try and hurt me?

Spike: …no more paying for bad plays…actors need a lesson or two…found it…my shoe…was under a pile of clothes…can’t believe I didn’t look there…

Buffy: Spike please go away because I don’t have time to deal with this right now. I have to find Dawn but if I see you again I will kill you for what you did. There is nothing you can say or do that can make up for that so don’t even bother. I’m leaving (leaves).

Spike: (cries) …but my yellow crayon is missing…can’t draw a sun without it…hands off the leaky faucet…no one goes near it…gone to go pick up some bread from the shop…

Cut to:
Buffy tries to regain her balance after the dizziness wears off for a moment. She tries to figure out what just happened. She notices that things are different but can’t quite figure out what. She continues to walk toward Spike’s crypt but notices a sign in a store that says “back to school sale”. The sign starts to trigger a memory for her that she took Dawn to that same store for school supplies before she started her first day at the new high school. She decides to go to the school to check to see if Spike may be there. All the people continue to ignore her like she doesn’t exist as she is almost at the high school. Eventually she reaches the front of the school and then a flash forward happens when all the students buzz past her in a blur again. After awhile it stops and she looks around the school and no one is there because it is night time. Angry and confused she decides to head back to her house because she knows that Spike will turn up there eventually. She stops and sits at a bus stop on her way home as the dizziness creeps back. Someone sits next to her and she tries to talk to him to figure out what is going on.

Buffy: Please tell me you know something whether this is a dream or a bad sequel or something. (the man doesn’t respond) You know for Hell this place really isn’t that bad once you get used to it. I know this place was sitting on top of a Hellmouth but Dioxin should have chosen some other crummy place for Spike.

The man still doesn’t respond so Buffy proceeds to nudge him to get his attention. But her elbow goes right through him. She starts to think that maybe she is a ghost in this place and that no one can see her. Still confused she starts back again toward her place.

Cut to:
Spike is back standing in the small chapel which he revealed to Buffy for the first time that he got his soul back. He realizes where he is and laughs. The voices in his head have quieted down so he is somewhat sane again. Buffy enters and looks at him. He retreats back into the shadows.

Buffy: Spike something is going on and you’re gonna tell me right now. You won’t leave and you continue to try and help. I don’t get what your playing at but it ends here.

Spike: I memorized this speech but where do I start. Been reliving all this sodding stuff but it’s not how I remember it. Like it’s you that changed and telling me things you never said before.

Buffy: I don’t think you get it. I been telling you the same things over and over but you don’t listen. I am not going to keep repeating myself. You know how I feel about you and yet you are still here. What makes you think that will ever change?

Spike: Here it’s in me (pounds his chest) and here to stay. Can’t give it a rest. Can’t cut it out. That spark is nothing but a fire that is burning away my insides. I’m a man that’s changed Buffy. And I did it all for you.

Buffy: You’re no man and you could never be one. I don’t care what you have inside you. Nothing is going to make you different or change what you are. You have a soul now big deal. A soul can’t take back what you did to me.

Spike: I know you want me to suffer and I am. This soul is seeing to it. Is he forgiven for his act now that he will be forever suffering in Hell?

Buffy: This isn’t Hell Spike. This is nothing compared to what I wish would happen for you. I’ll leave you and your soul alone for awhile (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy has finally reached her house and as she reaches for the door she notices it’s unlocked. She has a look around and notices that it mostly how she remembers it. She goes down into the basement to see if Spike is there but he isn’t. She goes around the whole house but it is empty. The dizziness returns as she has a look upstairs and decides she needs to lie down for a few minutes. She goes and lies down on her bed but accidentally falls asleep.

Cut to:
Spike is flashed forward to him in the underground cave where he is being tortured by the Turok-han and taunted by The First. The only thing that is keeping him from giving up hope is that Buffy will come and rescue him. His doubts increase with all of his memories being changed as he relives them. He wonders if Buffy will come and rescue him this time. He out of energy to try and escape on his own so his only hope is to wait for Buffy. He is tied up and waiting for Buffy to come until he sees someone approaching him.

Spike: I get it now. It’s you that making me relive all of this torment. I closed your precious Hellmouth and destroyed your little armies. Now that I’m dead you get to have your way with me. Piss off you ponce.

Buffy: (looks into his eyes while holding a knife) Spike what happened to you?

Spike: Oh it's you...glad to see you pet, been bloody tormented and tortured by The First. Been having me out of my gourd lately. Reliving the past of not so pleasant memories of you. Don’t think I can take much more without going off the deep end for good.

Buffy: (reaches up and touches his cheek) Spike I know what you’ve been through must be terrible. They must have done some bad things to you.

Spike: It’s nothing pet, it’s just so many things have been changed. I wish I could have changed them and not hurt you so. But this lesson they are teaching me I feel I deserve somewhat.

Buffy: Somewhat? (stabs him in the chest and he cries out in pain) Spike you deserve everything that has happened to you. I hope that this ride they’re taking you on never ends. I came here to kill you but since they are having so much fun with you I will leave you here. So long Spike (leaves).

Spike: (in pain) Buffy! Please don’t go! (cries) I knew I bloody deserved this. (looks up) No more, you win…I deserve every bit of this…I know that she never loved me or ever will…just finish me off…haven’t I suffered enough…please just end it all…

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up from her short nap angry that she let herself fall asleep. She feels a little bit better as she gets up and has another look around the house. The house is still empty so she decides to leave and continue to look for Spike. She thinks of all the places that he could be and decides that she needs to check the school and his crypt again. She goes to both of these places and doesn’t find him. She continues to have bits of dizziness which cause her to stop and rest but they are less frequent. She happens to stroll by the Christmas tree lot and remembers that Spike was underground for awhile. She carefully drops down into the cave and starts to look for Spike. She spots him in the distance tied up as earlier and she tries to rush toward him. But as she gets closer to him a flash forward happens again and he’s gone. She feels her heart drop as she was so close to him but couldn’t rescue him in time. Buffy goes back toward her house as she thinks that is where he will be after this.

Cut to:
Spike is walking outside of Buffy’s house looking to catch her scent and does. He remembers where he is and knows which house to look for Buffy in. He goes to the house and walks upstairs to the bedroom and finds Buffy lying down on the bed as before. He walks up to her.

Spike: This never ends does it…but Buffy I know that you don’t love me or could ever love me after what I put you through…so for one last time I wanted you to hear it…I’m sorry…and if I could change it I would have never come back to Sunnydale…or hurt you…I don’t expect forgiveness how could I but… (looks up) now it’s over. I said what I needed to say and now it’s over so just let me die in peace.

Buffy: I’m glad that you finally accepted the truth Spike. So can you please just go and leave me alone. I don’t have the strength to fight with you right now.

Spike: Goodbye Buffy… (leaves).

Spike walks back outside the house and pauses for a moment and looks up. He waits for something to happen but nothing happens.

Spike: What more could you possible want from me. I’m through with it all. There is no place for me here in Sunnydale (walks off down the street).

Cut to:
Buffy is walking down to her house and sees someone turn the corner a block away that looks like Spike. She calls after him but doesn’t get a response so she runs after him. Spike is walking down the street toward the end of town. He is smoking a cigarette and not paying attention to anything around him. Buffy is running as fast as she can and when she catches up with Spike she calls out his name. Spike doesn’t hear it and continues walking. Finally Buffy catches up with Spike and turns him around.

Spike: What the Hell do you want? Come to tell me how much you hate me some more or how you could never love me? I don’t care anymore. I don’t want to hear a bloody word from you because I heard it all already (turns back around and continues walking).

Buffy: I love you…

Spike: (looks up but continues walking) Nice try you ponce. I believe that as much as I believe that this nightmare will ever end.

Buffy: I love you Spike…

Spike: (laughs) Not going to work on me. You having a sodding laugh ain’t ya? Why don’t you rub it in some more. Just put me back in my crypt with Harmony and call it a day.

Buffy: I love you Spike…as much as you love me…

Spike: (turns around) What did you just say? Buffy…?

Buffy: (smiles) It’s me. The one who loves you with every part of my heart and soul. Spike we have to…

Spike immediately runs up to her and hugs her to see if she is the real Buffy and knows right away it is. Buffy cries as she squeezes him and doesn’t want to let go. Spike in disbelief finally let’s go to try and understand what is going on.

Spike: How did you get here? You’re not…

Buffy: Spike no I’m not dead. But I don’t have time to explain but I can get you out of here but we have to go now.

Cut to:
Buffy fights the dizziness which is returning as she leads the way back across town to the portal out of the Hell Dimension. Spike is following directly behind her as they both notice something. The people in the town are all fading until they disappear. They continue running and then notice that all of the buildings start to fade until they disappear. The Hell dimension has returned back to its true form around them. They are surrounded by rocks and lava as they carefully make their way back to the portal. Suddenly the demons that are stuck in the walls are starting to free themselves. They all roar as they see Buffy and Spike. They demons one by one are free from the walls and start to chase after them. Suddenly about a dozen demons are chasing them catching up quickly. They are almost at the portal.

Cut to:
Willow is at the other side of the portal and can see that the spell is starting to break down and the portal is starting to fluctuate. She starts to do all she can to force it open all long as she can.

Willow: Guys, now would be a good time to get back here. Not that I’m complaining or anything but please hurry up.

The portal suddenly closes to about half the size of earlier and Willow chants something as the blood in the bowl starts to evaporate. Willow’s eyes turn black as she continues chanting and then the portal reopens to its original size.

Willow: (in pain) Don’t know how much longer I can hold this…

Cut to:
Buffy and Spike are about twenty feet from the portal when Buffy faints unable to fight the dizziness any longer. Spike rushes over to her and picks her up and continues running toward the portal. The last ten feet before the portal is surrounded by lava with only a few rocks in front of the portal. Spike not knowing what to do tries to think of something because he doesn’t want to accidentally drop Buffy. The Demons are catching up and then Buffy starting to wake up talks to Spike.

Buffy: (barely speaking) We have to…the portal…almost there…Spike…

Spike: Be there in a second luv.

Without thinking Spike is able to use all of his strength and throw Buffy perfectly through the portal. She lands in front of Willow who stops chanting and goes over to her. After she stops chanting the portal closes back to halfway. The bowl is almost dry and out of blood to keep the portal open. Buffy starts to regain consciousness.

Buffy: Is he…is he back…

Willow: No Buffy only you have come back so far. Is he on his way?

Buffy: We were being chased by demons and he must have…I have to go back and get him…

Willow: Buffy the portal is about to close any second now. There isn’t anything I can do anymore.

Buffy: (sits up) If it’s more blood you need then…take what you need…

Willow: I can’t Buffy if you lose anymore blood you’re gonna die. We just have to wait for him.

Buffy: (tries to stand but can’t) Hurry Spike…

Cut to:
Spike is back on the other side fighting off demons left and right. The fury in his eyes makes him unstoppable as he grabs demons one by one and throws them into the nearby lava. They all sink in the lava and are unable to escape. After Spike fights off the last demon and throws him into the lava he turns toward the portal. He sees the portal slowly closing and runs before making a head first dive toward the portal. It closes before he can reach it and he lands on a rock island. Angry he pounds his fist into the ground and yells knowing he missed his chance for escape. In a cloud of smoke behind him appears Dioxin. He laughs before he addresses Spike.

Dioxin: What, did you think that you could escape that easily? No one can leave this place. I guess that barrier I put up earlier wasn’t strong enough to keep her out. I’ll change that… (says something in a demon language) there, she won’t be coming back again.

Spike: So you must be the head master around here. Been the one toying with me so you can make me suffer. Well it’s time for me to turn the tables. You can’t hurt me anymore. I heard it from Buffy, the real Buffy and I know it’s true. You want to keep rewinding the clock go right ahead.

Dioxin: Don’t you get it. She won’t be coming back for you so don’t bother getting your hopes up. What makes you think that she could ever truly love a monster like yourself.

Spike: You see there that’s the thing I know that she couldn’t love the monster but she could love the man. The man I became. The man I am now. You wanted me to see how much she hated the monster by having her tell me that over and over. But you forgot one thing you ponce. She loved the man. She still loves the man. Nothing you can do or say can change that. I am happy now and will enjoy making you suffer.

Dioxin: Did you think that was the worst I could do? I have made everyone who comes here suffer and you will be no different.

Spike: I can take whatever you can dish out you git because nothing can be worst than you having making me doubt myself and her. So bring it you ponce. Do your worst…

Dioxin: I intend to. You have eternity to face my wrath.

Cut to:
Spike is back in the Hellmouth with the necklace around his neck as the Hellmouth is crumbling around him. Buffy is standing next to him as they are the only two left in the Hellmouth. Spike knows where he is and again tells Buffy to go. She grabs his hand again and looks into his eyes as she tells him something.

Buffy: I hate you…

Spike: No you don’t… (smiles) But thanks for saying it…now go… (Buffy leaves). Is that the best you can do. You sorry excuse for a Hell God. (the pain of burning up increases) You stupid wanker. Like I said there is nothing more you can do to me to hurt me.

Suddenly he is back standing in front of Dioxin who is still smiling.

Spike: So what’s next on the menu.

Dioxin: The only other thing that has haunted you Spike…

Spike: And what would that be a spoiled onion blossom…

Dioxin: (steps to the side) Have a look for yourself…

Spike sees something that has him shocked and speechless.

Spike: No not that…how could you…I can’t…

Dioxin: For eternity… (laughs).

Cut to:
Willow is helping Buffy stand up as she walks over to the portal in disbelief that it’s gone. She reaches for where the portal was a moment ago and her heart shatters. She turns back around to face Willow.

Buffy: (hysterical) Willow we’ll try again in a few days Ok. I just need to heal and sleep for awhile than I can give you some more blood. It will be Ok we just have to wait a little longer. He will have to wait a little longer. But it will be worth it.

Willow: Buffy, there is no next time. I’m sorry. I sensing the barrier is up way stronger than before. It’s gonna take a lot more blood than you can afford to lose.

Buffy: How much more?

Willow: Buffy…

Buffy: Willow I have to know…please…

Willow: All of it.

Buffy: Oh.

Willow: You see we did all we could. Buffy it just wasn’t meant to be I’m sorry.

Buffy: It’s Ok I know what we did was right. Those demons must have caught up to us and he had to fight them before he could come through the portal. Too bad the portal couldn’t wait a little longer to close. He sure has the best of luck doesn’t he…?

Willow: I can’t begin to imagine how you feel right now Buffy but you need to rest.

Buffy: (crying) Fate just loves to mess with us. Any chance that we can be happy is always taken away. I can’t do this anymore Willow. My heart can’t keep healing after it keeps getting broken. There is nothing that is gonna fix it this time.

Willow: (walks over to Buffy) Buffy we’ll try to think of something I swear. But right now you need to go and rest. You lost so much blood right now if you don’t sleep it’s gonna get bad.

Buffy: I know Will, but I have to check on Dawn and Giles. I have to let them know I failed. I have to be the one that tells them that I messed up. I didn’t get the job done and that Giles was right. I was wrong to think I could bring him back.

Willow: It’s not like that at all you both were so close to coming back here. It’s no one fault and no one is to blame.

Buffy: No it’s my fault I couldn’t bring him back. He’s still there because of me. If I could have only found him sooner he’d be here with me. (breaks down) Please I know that I could have done more. I could have saved him. Please tell me I could have saved him. Tell me I could have done more…please tell me…

Willow: Buffy…

Buffy: Please…tell me…

Buffy cries as Willow goes over to comfort her. She cries for awhile until Willow helps her up and guides her upstairs. They reach the meeting room and Buffy tells Willow she wants to be the one to tell them. She composes herself before unlocking the door and goes in to talk to them.

Dawn: (kicks Buffy in the shin) Butthole…so where’s Spike?

Giles: Were you successful in bringing him back among the living?

Buffy: He didn’t make it back. I couldn’t bring him back in time before the portal closed. He’s…still there.

Giles: I’m sorry it didn’t work out Buffy. But at least you tried, I suppose.

Dawn: We are gonna try again aren’t we?

Buffy: Willow says it’s gonna take more blood than I can afford to lose, as in all of it. Losing those pints wasn’t exactly a walk in the park.

Giles: Buffy, you gave three pints of your blood for the spell? Are you alright? You must be ready to lose consciousness about now.

Buffy: I need some rest but I’ll live.

Dawn: I know how much this means to you and we will keep looking for another way right guys.

Giles: Right of course.

Buffy: Thank you all of you for putting up with me for the past few days. I know I haven’t been myself but…

Dawn: It’s Ok Buffy really; we understand what you were trying to do.

Giles: We shall expend all of our resources until another way is found I promise you.

Buffy: I think I’m gonna go home now. Dawn…

Dawn: Coming…

Cut to:
Buffy and Dawn arrive back at their apartment. They take a seat on the couch.

Dawn: What was it like in there for Spike?

Buffy: They recreated Sunnydale for him to live in.

Dawn: That doesn’t sound too bad. I thought it would be all fire and brimstone and guys poking you with pitchforks.

Buffy: It wasn’t just that, he had to live with me there.

Dawn: What how can that be? Plus I don’t think he would mind.

Buffy: No it’s not that simple. He had to live with a Buffy that told him she hated him. She must have told Spike that she could never love him. And I think that he started to believe it.

Dawn: Poor Spike, being told by the person he loves “I hate you” over and over again. I don’t know of any person that can take that for a week let alone forever.

Buffy: I think he knows that I really love him and that the Buffy there isn’t real. But I hope that he can deal. Who knows what other stuff they have planned for him?

Dawn: We’ll work on getting him out first thing in the morning. We’ll get everyone at the school on it. We can call for reinforcements.

Buffy: Like who?

Dawn: Ok so maybe Andrew wouldn’t make much of a reinforcement but…

Buffy: I think I’m gonna have to sleep on that. We’ll talk in the morning (gets up and goes to her room).

Cut to:
Buffy is in her room and gets ready to go to sleep. She slides under the covers and reaches for Mr. Gordo. She picks him up and holds him in front of her face as she talks to him.

Buffy: You know Mr. Gordo; you are the only man that I have ever loved that has never left me at one time or another. (squeezes him) And don’t even try to say it’s because you love me because they all said they same thing before they left me. (holds him back in front of her) But I swear if you ever leave me Mr. Gordo I will hunt you down and rip your stuffing out (he doesn’t respond) that’s what I thought.

Buffy hugs him tight so can he can’t escape as she goes to sleep. Another dream hits her immediately as she thinks about what Spike is doing right now in Hell.

Cut to:
Buffy is dreaming that she is back in Sunnydale looking for Spike. She checks everywhere until she finally checks his crypt. Once she opens the door she sees him watching TV and he doesn’t notice her come in.

Spike: …this place may be Hell but at least Passions is still on the TV…

Buffy: I didn’t know that you still watched that stupid show.

Spike: (turns around) Buffy you’re back…come my rescue again eh pet.

Buffy: Not exactly Spike.

Spike: (turns back around) I see, come to yell at me some more. Go right ahead it’s been about an hour since your last bloody tirade.

Buffy: No, Spike it’s me. I have to tell you something.

Spike: (stands up) I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to see you again. Thought that I may have lost you forever since that bleeding portal closed on me.

Buffy: It doesn’t matter Spike. I’m here to talk about us. There is no portal waiting for us.

Spike: What do you mean? Did it close already?

Buffy: I told Willow to close it once I got in here. This is something I have to do. I made the decision.

Spike: Why would you do such a thing? It doesn’t make any sense because we are stuck here.

Buffy: Spike, listen to me I know this isn’t what you want to hear but it’s true. Even if we did manage to make it back to the portal there is no way that Dioxin would ever let you go. He would find some way to keep you here. I just can’t keep doing this, losing you Spike.

Spike: You don’t know that Buffy, this time could be different. We may have made it out in time.

Buffy: Say we both made it out in time Spike what then. If you died again you would be sent back here then I would have to get you out again. It would never end. Dioxin would just keep making impossible for me to get you back. He also said that no matter what you do, there is no changing the past.

Spike: Buffy I know my future is here. But I still have more fight left in me. I’m not ready to stop fighting.

Buffy: I’m through with fighting this. I’m through with not being happy. I’m through with all the people I love always leaving me. I’m through not having what I want. I’m through with not having a say in what goes on around me. It all ends right now.

Spike: Please Buffy just go I know it’s for the best. Don’t bother with trying to be with me anymore it’s just not going to work out. We aren’t meant to be together…

Buffy: No, you’re wrong we’re gonna be together forever because I’m staying here with you.

Spike: I can’t let you do that Buffy. This was not meant for you. I am the one who has to bear this burden of living in Hell not you. Please go home.

Buffy: Spike, I’m sick of having you making the decisions for me in my life. When you stayed in the Hellmouth and I lost you that was not my decision. When you left me alone at my place I had no say in it. I’m finally making a decision that is about us and you are just going to accept it. Just like I had to those other ones you made for the both of us.

Spike: Buffy…

Buffy: It’s not like a girl grows up wanting to spend an eternity in Hell with the man she loves. But it doesn’t matter Spike where we are because we have each other to get us through whatever is next. I don’t care what he has in store for the both of us because our love is stronger than he is. I mean if you rather spend your time in Hell with Harmony than go right ahead.

Spike: There is no one I would rather have as my cellmate than you Buffy.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up from her dream remembering all that happened in it and smiles…



fin




Yes I know I have a sick and twisted mind. I was debating whether or not to release this FanFic to everyone as this one is a bit different than my first one. Even though it is a sort of finale of the first one it contains a lot of stuff that is borrowed heavily from the series. I felt it was important for Spike to relive those moments in Hell that include Buffy in some way but to put twists on them. I admit this takes some of the originality out of it but for this story I feel it works. So again I ask for your criticisms whether good or bad. Tell me you loved it or tell me you hated it. Just tell me what it was and why. Thanks for putting up with me for another reading.







Dioxin: (laughs) You can’t take anymore can you...I told you that I would make you suffer...you are no different than any other demon that has come here...beg all you like it will never end...this is such a perfect punishment for you...I think I may have made a mistake in having you spend eternity with her...it should have been this all along...but you have showed me what an impressive demon you are when you faced our wrath...so I think that you may be of some actual use...as I said your screams make no difference to me so scream all you like...anyways maybe we could come to some sort of deal that we can make to stop this...now I got your attention...listen carefully as I will only say this once...I am offering you some leniency in exchange for a job that I need done...you do me this favor and I promise you your stay will be more tolerable...or at least I will end this misery you have been dealing with for sometime now...so I take that as a no than...well I really would like this done so...you want to see her again...don’t you...just say yes and I will make it happen...make your decision now...what is your answer...(smiles)...


Sorry for the not giving you the happy ending that some of you asked for but I left it open for that possibility. Should I decide to conclude this story as maybe a trilogy I promise you that I will give you one. (Note: The final part of the trilogy is "Who Has The Last Laugh"). Also I know that many of you didn't enjoy the script format but I had written this and William The Bloody Is Back a long time ago and am basically just posting it here. So it's not that I ignored your criticism it's just that they both were already in this format. I don't have the time convert it into a different format.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=27826