Secrets among friends by Spiked_Slayer
Summary: Spike is a normal teenager, or so it would seem. Spike's co-workers start to get a little nosey and a secret he was with holding was brought to the surface. Can him and Buffy handle it?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 7965 Read: 8087 Published: 10/08/2007 Updated: 10/14/2007

1. one by Spiked_Slayer

2. Can open...worms everywhere by Spiked_Slayer

3. New acquaintances by Spiked_Slayer

4. Meetings and bad news by Spiked_Slayer

5. Uh-oh by Spiked_Slayer

6. LOVE... by Spiked_Slayer

one by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
I hope you like it. Let me know what you think!! Thanks!
‘So tired’ 18 year old William “Spike” Giles thought as he finished the last of his work, “Finally” He said as the door to the backroom of Music Mania, the record store he worked at, opened and his co-workers filed out.

“Hey Spike!” Lorne Michaels, The owner, asked as he came up to spike.

“Hey Lorne” Spike said uneventfully.

“The rest of us are going out tonight, we were wondering if you wanted to join us?” Lorne asked.

“Maybe another time, I’ve got be home tonight, Da’ said he wanted to see me about something” Spike explained lying a little. The truth was he no longer lived with his parents; he lived with his girlfriend in a really nice house on the other side of Sunnydale.

“Okay then, see ya on Monday” Lorne said as him and the others left, leaving him to close up, which really didn’t bother him, he liked closing; it was relaxing with the quietness of it all.

****** Meanwhile at the Bronze******

“So what’s up with Spike?” Charles Gunn or Gunn as everybody called him asked as he took a drink of his beer.

“I don’t know” Anya Jenkins answered, “Maybe he just wanted to get some orgasms from Buffy” She said talking about Spike’s 17 year old girlfriend.

“Maybe” Lorne smiled, “But that doesn’t explain why he always says that he can’t come with us.

“Maybe he really did need to go see his father” Tara McClay suggested as she sipped her cherry coke.

“Whatever, come on Gunn let’s dance” Anya said as she grabbed his arm and practically dragged him onto the dance floor. Tara and Lorne just shrugged as they drank their drinks and listened to the music.

********((((((()))))))********

“Honey I’m home!” Spike hollered as he closed the door to his house.

“Shhh!” Buffy said as she walked into the living room, “Dawn’s asleep, and hey aren’t you supposed to be at your father’s?”

“Yea but he called me while I was closing up and said that something had come up and we’d have to reschedule” He explained.

“Ok” She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and latched onto his lips. Spike pulled away to find the spot under her ear that she loved. Spike was making his way back to her lips as a little voice interrupted his actions.

“Mommy what is Daddy doing to you?”

Letting Buffy go he turned toward the voice, “Hello lit’le bit” He smiled as he knelt down in front of her and opened his arms and caught her as she jumped into them.

“Hi Daddy” Dawn smiled as she nuzzled her head into his neck.

“What’re doing up so late, peach pie?” He asked as he smoothed the hair on her head.

“You woked me up” Spike smiled at the words his three year used.

“I’m sorry, Chickpea, but what’d ya say I come upstairs and read you a story” He suggested as he watched her scrunch up her nose in concentration that reminded him of Buffy when she did it.

“Can you read me Beauty and the Beast?” She asked lifting her head from his shoulder.

“Anything for you, pigeon” He smiled as he walked up the stairs leaving Buffy alone with her thoughts.


********((((((()))))))********

Monday Morning...

“Up Daddy! Up Daddy!” Spike came awake with a jolt when he felt the bed being shaken. Opening his eyes he saw his daughter jumping up and down on the bed.

“Up Daddy! Mommy said time to get up!” She squealed with laughter when spike reached up and grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down on the bed and proceeded to tickle her. Buffy, who had been watching from the doorway came into the room and started tickling him. Pretty soon they were all laughing and thrashing around on the bed.

“Uncle!” Spike yelled as he threw his hands up in surrender as Dawn and Buffy stopped.

“Ok Bleach Boy” Buffy smiled, “Time to get up and get ready for work”

“Right, need to get a shower and get dressed” He smiled as she bent down to kiss him. Picking Dawn up, she left the room and walked downstairs to the kitchen to get Dawn some lunch and get ready to go. Being that it was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Buffy was off from school. Her and Dawn were going to have a girls day out. Buffy was going to take her shopping, and then they were going to the movies.

Kissing Buffy goodbye on the lips and Dawn on the head, he walked out the door and got into the Desoto. Starting it up he drove off.

********((((((()))))))********

Spike found himself whistling as he stocked the new CD’s. Gunn walked into the backroom to find Lorne.

“Did you guys see Spike yet?” At the negative shake of their heads he continued.

“Well he’s whistling and kind of hopping around the store”

“See I told you he wanted to go home to get some” Anya exclaimed as she walked to the door and opened it, walking out into the front of the store she stopped in front of Spike.

“What?” He asked laughing a little as was putting a Dropkick Murphy’s cd away.

“Nothing, just wondering what you were so happy about” She smiled at him.

“Nothing really just had a fun mornin’” He smiled as he thought of how he was woken up.

“Aha! I knew it! I knew that was the reason you didn’t go out with us Friday, you wanted orgasms!” She accused.

“Actually, I was supposed to see my father but he called and said that we’d have to reschedule” He told her.

“Oh ok” She shrugged nonchalantly, ”So why was your morning so fun?” She asked as she took a stack of cd’s out of the box and started stocking them.

“Just was” He smiled as the door opened and a customer walked in.

“Hello, Welcome to Music Mania, How may we take your money today?” Anya asked as she put the cd’s down and walked over to him. Spike laughed and shook his head.

********((((((()))))))********

Friday night...

“Hey Spike?” Tara asked as she sat on a swivel stool behind the counter and watched him walk around the store closing things up.

“Yea luv?” He asked as he put some cd’s back in their rightful places.

“How come you didn’t go out with the others tonight or any other night?” She asked.

“I don’t party anymore, not since” His voice trailed off and he shook his head to clear it, “Umm I’m just not into the party scene anymore” He smiled awkwardly as he turned out the lights. “Ready pet?” He asked as he held the door open.

“Yea thanks. Hey spike? Do you think... If it’s not too... do you think I could... Could I... Maybe... have a ride home?” She asked tripping over her words once they were outside.

“Sure thing pet” He smiled as he led her over to his car, “So why didn’t you go out with the others tonight then?” he asked once they were on the road.

“Didn’t feel like going out tonight, I’m tired and I just wanted to go home and go to bed” She sighed as she relaxed into the seat.

“Oh” He smiled.

“Yea” They sat in silence until he pulled up to her house, “Thanks for the ride home, I really appreciate it”

“No problem pet, any time” He smiled as she opened the door and got out. Smiling at him she closed the door and walked away.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hey luv” Spike sighed tiredly as he climbed into bed next to Buffy.

“Where were you?” She asked still half asleep.

“I took Tara home after we closed up, she didn’t have a ride and asked me if she could have one” He explained as she smiled lightly and went back to sleep. Kissing her forehead, he followed suit.

********((((((()))))))********

Saturday morning found them in the back room of Music Mania talking. Anya, Lorne, Gunn, Tara and their newest recruit, Andrew, were sitting around a table. Saturday’s and Sunday’s are Spike’s days off.

“I’m serious you guys something is up with Spike” Gunn suggested.

“I don’t know, he seemed okay last night, he didn’t talk much on the way home but-”

“Wait!” Anya interrupted her, “What do you mean on the way home?”

“Oh, I didn’t have a ride home so I asked him if he wouldn’t mind driving me home. We talked before we left but after we left he was quiet” Tara explained. “Although I did ask him why he didn’t go out with you guys last night or any night for that matter”

“Well? What did he say?” Lorne asked leaning towards her.

“It was a little weird, he said that he didn’t party anymore not since... and then his voice dropped off, then he shook his head and recovered with it’s ‘uhhh not really my scene anymore’” She told them trying remember their chat.

“Weird” Gunn said as he thought over what Tara had said.

“I think he’s hiding something” Andrew spoke for the first time that morning.

“Yea but what is he hiding and why?” Anya asked.
Can open...worms everywhere by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
Let me know what you think
Sunday was pretty much the same. They went to work, they helped customers, and they tried to figure out what Spike was hiding, then they closed up and went home.

********((((((()))))))********

Monday Morning at Music Mania, 6:40 a.m.

Lorne walked into the backroom to grab the posters of new releases when the phone rang, “Tara, could you get that sweetling?” He called out from the room.

“Yea” She smiled as she walked behind the counter, “Hello, Music Mania, the one stop music shop. This is Tara”

“Hi Tara, this is Buffy”

“Hi Buffy!” Tara said excitedly, “What’s up?”

“I was calling about Spike”

“Oh Spike’s not here, but he should be soon” She said a little confused.

“Oh I know. That’s why I’m calling. He isn’t feeling well this morning and doesn’t think he’ll be able to make it into work today” Buffy explained.

“Okay well, I hope he feels better”

“Thanks Tara”

“No problem, I’ll see you later”

“Okay, bye”

“Who was that, Tara?” Lorne asked coming up beside her as she hung the phone up.

“That was Buffy, apparently Spike’s not feeling well and can’t come in” She relayed Buffy’s message.

“Okay” Lorne sighed as he walked over to the window and started taping the posters up.

********((((((()))))))********

At Spike and Buffy’s, 6:30 a.m.

“Mommy” Dawn said lightly as she walked into the living room holding her stomach.

“Yes baby” Buffy said noticing that she was looking a little green.

“My tummy hurts, I don’t feel good”

“Do you want some crackers?” Buffy asked as Dawn nodded her head yes. Handing her some crackers she told her she was going to get the thermometer from the upstairs bathroom, she’d be right back.

Walking back into the kitchen, Dawn was no where to be found. Going over to the downstairs bathroom Buffy heard the tell tail signs of retching.

“Honey are you okay” Buffy asked as she smoothed the hair on her head as dawn wiped tears away from her eyes.

“No” Dawn said shakily and started crying again.

“Well why don’t I take your temperature” Buffy smiled warmly as she picked her up careful not to jostle too much. She put her down on the couch and took her temperature. Taking it out of her ear, she looked at the digital face of the device, ‘101*F, Oh my’ Buffy thought. Walking into the kitchen she picked up the phone and dialed a number. Placing the phone back on its base she walked back into the living room to check on Dawn. Seeing that she was fast asleep she walked up the stairs to her and Spike’s room.

“Spike hunny” She said as she knelt next to the bed, “Spike wake up” At this he mumbled and rolled over, “Spike” She tried again. ‘Okay’ she thought, ‘Time to bring out the big guns. She leaned close to his ear and in the huskiest voice she could manage she said, “Spike I’m not wearing anything” She smiled as she bit his ear.

“Wha’?” He asked as he quickly turned over.

“Knew that’d wake you up” She smiled at his frown, “Anyway, I need a favor. Dawn’s sick, and I need you to take her to the doctors. Her appointment is at 10, I’d take her myself but I have to be in school in half an hour and Principal Snyder told me if I missed one more day I won’t be able to graduate”

“That man’s a dickhead. Yeah I’ll do it, just need to call work and let them know I won’t be coming in” He said as he sat up and rubbed his fingers through his sleep mussed hair.

“I’ll do it, why don’t you get dressed” She suggested as he nodded in agreement.

********((((((()))))))********

“Okay I gotta go” Buffy kissed him on the lips and knelt down to give Dawn one on the top of her head as she slept. “Don’t forget her appointment” She smiled as she walked out the door and got into her car.

Spike made some breakfast, and then watched cartoons until 9:00. At which point he gently woke Dawn up and told her they had to leave in 15 minutes to get to her doctor’s appointment.

********((((((()))))))********

Walking out of the doctor’s office, Spike carried a sleeping Dawn over to their car. Stopping at the Wal*Mart in town to get her flu medication.

********((((((()))))))********

“Okay, so why are we buying condoms and on our lunch break no less?” Tara asked as she walked up the aisle behind Anya.

“Because Xander and I used the last one yesterday and I didn’t feel like making a second trip” Anya smiled as she picked up the box she wanted.

“I don’t see why we can’t do normal things on our breaks, like the boys are doing right now” Tara’s voice trailed off as she looked at the aisle in front of them.

“What?” Anya said as she walked over to see what Tara was staring at. Right there in front of them was Spike, holding a little girl in his arms and from where they were, it looked like she was crying. Spike walked passed them to get to the registers.

********((((((()))))))********

“Daddy, I wanna go home”

“I know you do luv, but we need to get the medicine so you will feel right as rain” He smiled at her as he walked over to a register and paid for the medicine.
********((((((()))))))********

“Lorne!” Anya and Tara burst into Music Mania.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as they ran over to him. Good thing there weren’t any customers in yet, or else the girls might have scared them all away.

“We know what Spike is hiding!” Anya squealed, “We just saw him at Wal*Mart”

“Wait what? I thought he was sick?” He asked beyond confused.

“Apparently he wasn’t the one that was sick” Anya hinted.

“I’m confused” He stated.

“He was holding a little girl in the children’s medicine aisle. We heard her call him Daddy” Tara input.

“Spike has a daughter?” He asked.

“Looks that way” Tara said.

“Who’d a thunk” He asked stumped.

“Not me” Tara said.
New acquaintances by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny, Love ya much!!!
After Spike gave Dawn some of the medicine and laid her on the couch to take a nap he picked up his cell phone and texted Buffy. Telling her that all Dawn had was the flu and that she was taking a nap. He also told her he loved her and would see her when she got home.

********((((((()))))))********

“I wonder why he never said anything”, Lorne, Anya, and Tara were in the backroom talking for the rest of their break.

“I think we should ask him about it” Anya said.

“Well, you girls are going to have to that by yourselves. The men folk have a very important meeting with the competitors over at Musical Mayhem tomorrow” Lorne said talking about the new music shop that just opened across the street.

“Aye Captain!” Anya mock saluted Lorne. Lorne and Tara just giggled.

********((((((()))))))********

Tuesday morning found Tara stocking CD’s as Anya flipped lazily through a bridal magazine. Anya looked up as the door opened and Spike walked through.

“’lo ladies” He smiled as he took off his leather coat and put it in the backroom.

“Hi Spike” Anya said closing the magazine and getting off the stool, “How are you feeling this fine morning?”

“Better” He said a little relieved that they didn’t ask any other more in depth questions.

“What was wrong with you?” Tara asked looking up from a Saliva cd she was stocking.

“Just a stomach thing” He shrugged, “Where are the boys?”

“They had a meeting at the new music place ‘cross the street” Anya explained coolly, although her expression read ‘Stomach thing, my ass’.

“Right” he said as he walked over to the computer and punched his code into it.

“Hey Spike, I gotta q..q..question for you” Tara stuttered and Spike gave her a quizzical look. He knew her well enough to know that she only stuttered when she was nervous.

“Yea pet?”

“Umm... well the thing is... why d..d..didn’t you” That was all she got out because at that moment Anya’s mouth decided to make itself known.

“Why didn’t you tell use you had a kid?” Anya blurted out. Looking at Spike as his eyes widened comically, then over to Tara, “What? You were stuttering. A sloth could have asked faster than you”. After about a minute of Spike being quiet Anya let her mouth loose again. “Oh c’mon Spike, Tara and I both saw you at Wal*Mart yesterday”

“Oh, saw that did you?” He asked putting his hands in his jeans pocket.

“Well? Why didn’t you tell us you had a kid?” Anya asked again.

“Because most people would look down on us when we told them we had a baby, not being married and all. Some places wouldn’t even hire me when I told them I had a daughter” Spike explained as he played with the hem of his shirt.

“Really why?” Tara asked, stutters gone.

“Don’t know” He shrugged his shoulders at that.

“What’s her name?” Tara asked as she walked closer to them.

“Dawn Elizabeth Giles” He smiled as he bit his lip.

“Aww, that’s a cute name” Anya smiled as the first customer of the day walked in, “Hello Welcome to Music Mania, Please buy something expensive” Anya said with a huge smile plastered to her face.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hello lovely” Buffy smiled as Spike wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.

“Hi there stud muffin” Buffy smiled as she placed her small hands on top of his larger ones.

“Guess what? The art gallery called me back” She smiled.

“And?” He asked gently laying his head on her shoulder.

“I got the job, I start next week.” She smiled gazing up at him.

“That’s great luv” He stated as he kissed the tip of her nose, “But one question. What about Dawn?”

“I asked a good friend of mine if she wouldn’t mind babysitting a few days a week. She said she’d do it” She smiled as he tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Now it was his turn to smile as she leaned into his touch.

********((((((()))))))********

The week passed by smoothly, much to Spike’s liking.

********((((((()))))))********

“Mommy I want to stay with you” Dawn pouted as she stood in the kitchen Monday afternoon clutching onto her stuffed purple bunny for dear life.

“I know you do baby, but you can’t” Buffy said as she looked down at her daughter.

“But why?” She whined.

“Because daddy is at work and mommy has to go to work” Buffy explained running her hand over Dawn’s head.

“Can’t I come with you?” She asked on the verge of tears.

“I’m sorry sweetie, no. But you’ll like mommy’s friend Willow. She’s funny and smart and nice” Buffy sighed as Dawn buried her head in her side crying.

********((((((()))))))********

“Dawnie do you want to play a game?” Willow asked. She had been babysitting for an hour and Dawn looked bored and upset, “I brought candyland”

“No!” Dawn hmmphed as she sat down on the couch beside willow.

“Well what do you want to do then?” Willow asked sitting back into the couch.
“I don’t know” She pouted and crossed her little arms across her chest as she thought of something. After a minute of thinking she asked, “Can we go for a walk? Mommy always takes me for a walk when there’s nuffin’ to do”

“Yea, we can do that” Willow brightened up, “Let me just grab the keys and my cell phone. Ready?”

“Yea” Dawn smiled as she slid off the couch.

********((((((()))))))********

“Here is where you will find those cd’s” Anya smiled as she helped a little girl find Lindsay Lohan cd’s. She turned towards the door when another customer walked in.

“Hello. Can I help you buy something?”

“No thank you, we just decided to stop in and look around” Willow smiled at the woman. Her smile didn’t last long as the little hand that was attached to hers suddenly let go. Looking down she saw Dawn heading over towards the counter.

“Daddy!” Spike looked up from the computer and saw Dawn running over to him. Getting off of the stool he quickly rounded the counter and scooped her up into his arms.

“Hello lit’le bit” He kissed her forehead, “what’re you doin’ ‘ere?”

“Willow tooked me for a walk”

“Did she now?” He asked placing her on the stool when someone tapped his shoulder.

“Excuse me sir?” A female voice asked. Spinning around, a girl about the age of 14 stood before him, “I was wondering if you could help me. I’m looking for 50 Cent’s new cd, Curtis”

“Ah yea, it’s right here” He smiled as he led her over to a display.

“Thank you” she smiled, “my sister is just going to love me. It’s her birthday tomorrow and I’ve been looking for this cd everywhere” She smiled as he led her over towards the counter.

“If you want we have posters of the album cover, I could grab two for you” He explained as he rang the cd up.

“Could you? You wouldn’t get in trouble or anything would you?” She asked.

“Na” He smiled as he bent down to get the posters out from under the counter for her.

“Here ya go” he smiled as he handed her the posters and she handed him the money.

“Thank you so much, you’re a real lifesaver” She smiled.

“No need to thank me luv, just tell your sis to enjoy her birthday” He smiled his thousand watt smile as she nodded and left the store.


********((((((()))))))********

“Hey Tara” Gunn mouthed as he walked out of the shop’s bathroom, “Who’s the girl?”

Looking in the direction in which he was pointing she shrugged, “Beats me”. “Maybe Anya knows”

“Hey” Tara said when she reached Anya, “Who’s the girl?”

“Spike’s daughter” Anya smiled as she watched her swirl around on the swivel stool watching her father’s every move.

“Umm... that’s nice but, I was actually asking about the red head” Tara smiled looking over at the girl in question.

“Babysitter. Her name is Willow. Why don’t you go introduce yourself?” Anya suggested smiling.

“I don’t know” Tara said watching Willow cautiously as if she were an animal in a zoo.

“Just go” Anya smirking as she gave her a push.

‘Ok Tara, you can do this. You can do this. Uh oh I can’t do this’ Tara berated herself as she stopped in the middle of the shop.

“Hi I’m Willow!” An enthusiastic voice broke her shyness.

“Hello, I’m Tara” She smiled as she found her voice.
Meetings and bad news by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny!!! Love ya!!
“Daddy!” Dawn whispered, “This chair is fun” She laughed as she spun around on the stool.
“Yea, I like it too” He smiled as he picked her up and sat down on the stool, putting her on his lap he typed something into the computer. Looking down he realized Dawn was watching his fingers move on the keys. Kissing her head he got back to typing.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hey” Lorne smiled as he stopped beside Gunn. Looking around the shop he watched Anya help yet another customer, he really did love that girl, sure she was loud and outspoken but she was one of his highest payed employees. He let his eyes roam farther. Seeing Tara talking to an adorable red head made him smile. ‘It’s about time that girl met somebody new’ He thought. Finally he spotted Spike and a little girl? “Gunn who’s that cute little creature?”

“Dunno” Gunn shrugged.

“Well I will in a minute” Lorne smiled as he headed over towards Spike. “Hi there Spike”

“Oh hey Lorne” Spike smiled as he looked up from the computer screen then back again.

“And who’s this adorable piece of pound cake?” Lorne asked kneeling to get a better look at her.

“This is my daughter, Dawn” Spike smiled when Lorne’s gaze flickered up to meet Spike’s eyes then back down to Dawn’s.

“Hi I’m Lorne” He smiled at her.

“Hi” She smiled nuzzling into her father’s chest.

“How old are you?”

“This many” She smiled holding up three fingers.

“Well tha” Lorne was interrupted by Willow walking over.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt anyone it’s just that’s it’s getting late and Dawn looks a little sleepy” She smiled as she watched Dawn try to say that she wasn’t sleepy as a big yawn betrayed her.

“C’mon sleepin’ beauty” Spike smiled, kissing he forehead as he lifted her up and handed her to Willow.

“Bye daddy” Dawn waved as she yawned again as Willow walked out the door.

“So?” Lorne turned back to Spike, “Daughter huh?”

“Yea” He smiled.

“That’s cool. Well I have some stuff to do see you in a little while” Lorne walked away and Spike let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding

********((((((()))))))********

The weeks flew by. It was easier now for Buffy to leave Dawn with Willow seeing as how she liked Willow and wouldn’t cry and throw a fit every time she would leave to go to work.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hey Buffy” Willow smiled as she let herself into the house.

“Hey” Buffy stated dryly as she swirled her hot chocolate half heartedly.

“Are you ok?” Willow asked getting worried at her lack of response. But the climax of her worries came when Buffy lifted her head and Willow could see the tear tracks down her cheeks.

“What am I going to do?” Buffy asked as new tears fell.

“About what?” Willow asked tilting her head.

“I’m pregnant” Buffy’s bottom lip quivered as she spoke.

“Oh Buffy” Willow said as she rounded the counter and gathered her in her arms.

“I just got caught up with all the classes that I missed while I was pregnant with Dawn, I don’t know if I can go through that again” Buffy sobbed into Willow’s shoulder. Willow, not sure of what to say, just held her.

********((((((()))))))********

“Buffy?” Spike asked as he closed the front door. Not hearing anything he quickly walked up the stairs and pushed open the door to his and Buffy’s room. Buffy was seated on the edge of their bed twisting Mr. Gordo around in her nervous yet fearful hands. Sitting beside her, he took in her body language; he could tell that she was scared of something. But what?

“Luv?” He stated as he laid his hand on her back.

“Oh Spike. I really need to tell you something and I need you to let me finish before you say anything” She stated as he waved his hand indicating for her to go on.

“I took a pregnancy test today, and it came back positive” She kept her eyes on the floor so she wouldn’t have to see the shame in his eyes for what she was about to tell him, “But, I don’t know if I want to keep it” She closed her eyes tight as he leapt off the bed shouting.

“What the bloody hell do you mean you don’t know if you want to keep it? Why on fucking earth would you not want it?” He paced the floor.

“Because we are still so young and I just got caught up with the work I missed while I was pregnant with Dawn”

“Oh, so you don’t want to keep our baby because you don’t want to have to do make-up work? How very not self-centered of you” He growled running his fingers through his hair in an agitated manner.

“It’s not like that, Spike” Buffy tried to reason.

“No! I’ll tell you what it’s not like” He yelled making Buffy jump at the harshness of his words. Lowering his voice to a painful whisper he added, “How do you think it makes me feel when my girlfriend, the woman I love, I might add, tells me that she’s pregnant and doesn’t want it. How do you think it makes me feel when I think that I’ll never get to rub your stomach and talk to our baby growing inside you? I’ll never get to hold my child in my arms as it sleeps? How do you think it makes me feel knowing that the woman I love, killed my baby? How do you think that makes me feel?” He asked not bothering to wipe the tears that were running down his cheeks.

“Not every thing is about you” Buffy pointed out as she wiped her eyes.

“Oh that’s right!” He scoffed, “Queen Buffy, righteous ruler of planet “it’s all about me!” Well guess what your majesty! It is about me when you are carrying my child, the child who you’re not sure you want” He stopped talking a minute. “I don’t even know you right now. Why don’t you give me call when Buffy decides to return? I’ll see you when you decide to grow up and start taking responsibility” With that he walked down the stairs out the door, slamming it behind him so hard it fell off its hinges.
Uh-oh by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny!!
“William?” Giles asked tiredly as he opened the door to his house and looked at the face of his watch.

“Hi da’” Spike sighed as he shuffled his feet back and forth.

“What’s wrong?” Giles asked as Spike crossed the threshold.

“Buffy and I got into a fight and I stormed out” Spike explained, sitting down on the couch.

“What was the fight about?” Giles asked as he went into the kitchen to brew some tea.

“She told me that she’s pregnant”

“That’s wonderful, son” Giles smiled wide as he came into the living room with a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea.

“I wouldn’t start knitting booties just yet” Spike said as he took a careful sip of his tea.

“Why not?” Giles asked looking at his son.

“Because she doesn’t know if she wants it” Spike whispered as a few tears escaped.

“Oh William-”

“Da’ can you not “Oh William” me right now? I just need a place to stay while I clear my head” He said a little bitterly.

“Of course. Your room is the way you left” Giles said taking off his glasses to clean them as Spike climbed the stairs.

“G’night da’”

“Good night, son” Giles called back.

********((((((()))))))********

“Tara?” Lorne asked standing behind the counter of Music Mania.

“Yea?” She asked stopping in front of the counter on her way to open the front door for the day.

“Isn’t Spike usually here by now?” He asked looking at his watch seeing that it read 10:00; he was getting a little worried.

“Maybe he’s just running a little late, but if you’re that worried I could call his house” She smiled as she reached for the phone. Dialing his number she waited for someone to pick up.

“Hello?” A female voice answered the phone.

“Buffy?” Tara asked.

“No, this is Willow, Buffy is at work. May I ask who’s calling?” Willow asked.

“This is Tara, from Music Mania. We were just wondering if Spike was coming to work today” Tara asked.

“Ummm...I don’t know. He’s not here” Willow stated as she handed Dawn a banana.

“Well do you know where he is?” Tara asked as she looked over at Lorne, whose worried looks grew.

“No, nobody does. He left the house last night after Buffy and him got into a fight, and no ones seen him since” Willow explained as she walked into the living room away from Dawn.

“Oh my” Tara exclaimed, “And no one knows where he’s at?”

“Not that I know of. But if I had to guess I would guess he was at his father’s” Willow suggested.

“You wouldn’t happen to have the number for there would you?” Tara asked getting a piece of paper and a pen as Willow gave her the number, “Thank you, Willow”

“Well that was weird” Tara stated once she had hung up the phone.

“What was weird?” Gunn asked as he came into the front room, followed by Andrew.

“I just got off the phone with Willow, She said that Spike and Buffy got into a fight and he left. No one’s seen him since. But Willow gave me the number to his father’s house, so I’m going to call him” Tara stated as she dialed the number.


“Hello? Giles residence.” Giles spoke into the phone.

“Ummm... hello. My name is Tara and I’m looking for Spike” She spoke.

“Yes, he’s upstairs” Giles said.

“Good” Tara breathed, “Is he okay?”

“I should say not! Not after the night he went through!” Giles snapped.

“Oh the fight? Yea Willow told me they had a fight” She said.

“She didn’t tell you what it was about though, did she?” Giles asked taking off his glasses to clean them.

“No she didn’t” Tara stated, “Just said that they got into a fight and he left. Probably over something stupid, like who ate the last piece of pizza” Tara smiled slightly.

“Actually no, it was a little more than that” Giles sighed, “He came over here crying. She told him that she’s pregnant, but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to keep it”

“Oh!” Tara gasped as she put her hand to her mouth as she gasped, “Oh my” At this Gunn, Lorne, Anya and Andrew stopped what they were doing and watched her.

“Is that all he said?” Tara asked once the shock melted away a little.

“No. He also said that he needed a place to stay for a few days while he cleared his head” Giles said as he felt sorry for the pain his only son was going through at this moment, he would give anything so that William would never have to feel this amount of pain again.

“A few days?” Tara asked, “Okay then well can you tell him that he has the rest of the week off? Tell him to get as much rest as he can and to give me a call if he needs anybody to talk to” Tara smiled as they said their parting words and hung up the phone.

“Well?” Anya asked.

“The fight was big guys” Tara said sadly.

“They didn’t break up did they?” Anya asked.

“No, well not that I know of” Tara answered her question as best she could.

“What was the fight about?” Andrew asked.

“Apparently, Buffy told Spike that she’s pregnant” She paused, “But didn’t know if she wanted the baby”

“Wait what?” Anya voiced.

“Yea. They got into a fight, he stormed out and showed up at his father’s crying” Tara relayed the story.

“Oh wow” Andrew whispered sadly.

********((((((()))))))********


“William?” Giles opened the door to his son’s room. He moved silently over to the bed, “William?” He asked again.

“What?” Spike asked without opening his eyes.

“Just wondering if you were going to sleep the day away” Giles asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Just might” Spike sighed as he rolled over on his back and watched the ceiling intently, like they held the secrets of the universe.

“Tara called, she was worried about you” Giles stated as he watched his son.

“Thas nice” Spike sighed as he closed his eyes again.

“Are you hungry?” Giles wondered.

“A little I guess” Spike sighed as his stomach growled.

“Well then let’s go downstairs and get you something to eat” Giles suggested as he patted him on the arm.

“K” Spike sighed as he sat up and ran his fingers through his hair, “Be down in a minute”.

“Right” Giles smiled as he closed the door behind him.

********((((((()))))))********

“Willow?” Dawn smiled as she jumped onto the couch beside her, “Can we watch cartoons?”

“Sure, what do you want to watch?” Willow smiled as she grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned the TV on.

“Can we watch Rolie Polie Olie?” Dawn asked as Willow groaned a little but turned it on anyway, After all, it was the price you had to pay for watching your friend’s kid.

********((((((()))))))********

“So have you figured out what you are going to do?” Willow asked after Dawn went to bed.

“No, not yet” Buffy sighed looking down at her hands.

“It’ll all work out” Willow tried to reassure her while she rubbed her back.

“I hope so” Buffy whispered as a tear fell down her cheek.

********((((((()))))))********

Spike sighed as he put his hand on the door and pushed it open; walking into the room he didn’t see anyone so he walked over to the counter and punched his number into the computer. He had only been sitting there for about 3 minutes when the backroom door opened.

“Spike?” Andrew asked as he stepped out from the backroom, followed by the rest of the group.

“’lo Andrew” Spike smiled.

“Spike what are you doing here? Your dad said that you wouldn’t be in for the next week” Tara asked as she walked over to him.

“Couldn’t sit around the house anymore” Spike said, then smiled as Tara, Anya and Andrew ran over and gave him a huge hug, “Thanks luvs”

“You’re welcome Spike” Andrew smiled.

Spike shook his head and rolled his eyes.

********((((((()))))))********

‘It’s been almost a week’ Buffy sighed as she layed in bed, her head cradled on Spike’s pillow. ‘I need to talk to him’ Getting out of bed she slipped her slippers on and walked towards the stairs. At the top of the stairs, Buffy looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Dawn’s doll lying on the floor; bending over she reached for it at the same time her cell phone vibrated in the pocket of her robe, scaring her, she lost her footing.
LOVE... by Spiked_Slayer
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed me, i really appreciate it.
“Mommy?” Dawn asked coming out of her room rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She screamed when she came to the top of the stairs and saw her mother’s body laying at the bottom of the stairs. “MOMMY?” Dawn cried as she ran down the stairs. “Mommy please wake up!” Dawn cried with desperation as she searched her mothers face. Running into the kitchen she grabbed the phone and dialed the number her parents had taught her to call incase of emergency. Giving the 9-1-1 lady all the information she put the phone back and ran back to her mother.

********((((((()))))))********

“Spike could you grab that?” Lorne asked as he was putting away new cd’s.

“Yea” Spike smiled as he grabbed the phone, “Hello, Music Mania, the one stop music shop. This is Spike”

“Is this William Giles?” A woman asked.

“Yes” He stated confused.

“I’m calling from Sunnydale Medical Center. Your girlfriend has been brought in”

“What?” He whispered.

“She took a nasty fall down the stairs, she-” She was cut off as Spike hung the phone up and ran out of the shop.

“What’s up with him?” Gunn asked.

“Dunno” Lorne said as he put a Rhianna cd away.

********((((((()))))))********

“Could you tell me what room Buffy Summers is in?” Spike hurriedly asked the woman behind the counter.

“She’s on the third floor in room 301” The woman smiled at him.

********((((((()))))))********

Stepping out of the elevator, he was greeted by the faces of his father and his daughter.

“Daddy!” Dawn cried as she ran to him.

“’ello lit’le luv” He cried as he kissed her forehead, letting her go he walked over to his father.

“Son” Giles nodded he nodded his head in encouragement. Spike smiled vacantly as he walked passed him into the room. In the middle of the room, Buffy was laying asleep on a bed. Sitting in the seat next to the bed, he grabbed her hand and stroked the back of it with his thumb. He closed his eyes as he layed his head on the bed next to her hand.

********((((((()))))))********

Walking into the room, Dr. Monroe looked up from his clipboard to see Buffy wasn’t alone anymore. He checked her vital signs and left the room smiling. Spike had of course been awake while the doctor was in but said nothing. Looking over at Buffy he watched as her eyelids fluttered open.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered roughly.

“Right here sweetheart” He stroked her hand.

“I’m so sorry about what I said” She told him looking into his sapphire gaze.

“Me too” He said as he cupped her face.

“Spike, th...they....told me... tha...that I lost....it” She struggled to get the words out as her reserve broke and tears found their way down her cheeks, “And...I had decided that I wanted it” She closed her eyes as Spike’s eyes filled.

“Oh luv” Spike said as tears fell. Kissing her hand.

“Spike? Can you hold me? Please?” Her bottom lip quivered.

“Anything for you luv” He said as he crawled into bed with her, wrapping his arms around her he kissed her on the forehead. It wasn’t long until they were both asleep.

********((((((()))))))********

Feeling something on her cheek, Buffy opened her eyes.

“Was wonderin’ when you were gonna get up” Spike told her.

“Where’s Dawn?” Buffy asked looked into his azure gaze.

“Went home with my da’” He said tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

“I don’t know what I would have done without her” She saw the confusion in his face, she added, “She was the one found me and called 9-1-1”

“Smart bird, we’ve taught her well” He kissed her temple, Breathing in the flowery scent of her hair.

“Spike, I missed you...so much” She cried as she buried her head in his shirt.

“Me too, luv. Me too” He sighed as he closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame, letting her cry until she fell back asleep.

********((((((()))))))********

“Grampa Giles?” Dawn asked as she looked up from her coloring book.

“Yea Dawn?” He lowered his glasses.

“When is mommy and daddy coming home? I miss them” She asked pouting. Putting down her yellow crayon, she watched Giles intently.

“Come here” He smiled as he patted his leg, and laughed a little as she jumped into his lap, “I don’t know when they will be home, but I’ll tell you what. How about I take you to the hospital tomorrow afternoon so you can visit. How’s that sound?”

“Really?” She squealed as he nodded his head ‘yes’, “I love you Grampa!”

“I love you too” He laughed as she jumped down and started coloring again.

********((((((()))))))********

“Have any of you talked to Spike since he ran out of here yesterday?” Lorne asked his employees as they all sat in the backroom waiting to open the shop.

“No, I hope he’s okay” Tara sat worried.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s strong, and tall, and has amazing blues eyes... and an accent to die...for...and...gorgeous...and” Andrew faded off.

“Um Andrew, Little drool” Anya smiled as she pointed out to him as he started rubbing his mouth.

“Well if we are all done picking on each other it is time to work” Lorne smiled as he stood up and walked into the front of the shop.

********((((((()))))))********

“Luv?” Spike asked as they layed on the hospital bed watching some daytime tv program.

“Yea?” Buffy turned her head to look at him.

“How long did it take for you to decide you wanted the baby?” He took to running his fingers through her silken strands.

“Yesterday, when I woke up. I had a dream; Dawn was lying with me in bed, she told me that I better get up because you were already up. For some reason I looked over at the door way and you were standing there holding a baby in your arms, you walked over to me and told me that our little one needed his mum. Just as you were about to hand him to me I woke up. I felt so sad, I rolled over and found your pillow and buried my head into it. I decided to go find you, I walked to the top of the stairs and saw Dawn’s doll lying on the top stair. I bent over to pick it up, and felt my phone vibrate in my phone. I remember slipping on the stair, but the next thing I remember is waking up here and the doctor telling me that I lost it” She tried to hold her tears at bay, but lost when she saw the tears filling up in his eyes.

“I’m so sorry that I wasn’t there for you. God I’m such a git!” He stated loudly.

“No you’re not, you’re the man I love” She stated as more tears fell.

“Oh luv, I promise I will make this up to you, even if take a lifetime, I will do it” He cupped her cheek.

Leaning in to his touch, she smiled a watery smile, “I don’t need all that, all I need is you” She breathed a relived sigh as his lips met hers tentatively.

“You have me” He said as the broke apart. Pulling him back down to her they continued to kiss for what seemed like forever.


TBC...
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=28235