I Hurt The One I love by Magan
Summary: I rewrote some things in Dead Things and fugde the time line a little bit. Somethings in the season never happened. Such as Buffy telling the gang about her and Spike.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 10399 Read: 22372 Published: 06/22/2004 Updated: 06/27/2004

1. Chapter 1 by Magan

2. Chapter 2 by Magan

3. Chapter 3 by Magan

4. Chapter 4 by Magan

5. Chapter 5 by Magan

6. Chapter 6 by Magan

7. Chapter 7 by Magan

8. Chapter 8 by Magan

9. Chapter 9 by Magan

10. Chapter 10 by Magan

11. Chapter 11 by Magan

Chapter 1 by Magan
Chapter 1-
A/N: This is not betated, so forgive any errors.

****

Having had another long day at work, Buffy felt relieved once she stepped through the front door, and wished she no longer had to work at the Double Meat Palace, however, she had to pay the bills some how, or she’d lose everything, including Dawn – that just wasn’t an option for Buffy since her mother died.

Most all of all, Buffy wished no longer had to lie to her friends, whenever when she met with Spike, but that was her time – time to feel alive. Not being able to explain why that was, Buffy shrugged it off as she closed the door behind her.

“I’m home,” Buffy called out to anyone who was home. “Who wants to scrap the grease off my –“She trailed off hanging up her jacket, and peeking into the living room when she heard someone singing. “Is there singing?” She asked, horrified, entering the living room. ‘Oh god, they’re singing and dancing.’

Xander and Dawn were Dancing in the middle of the room, while Anya were on the sofa, watching them.

The slayer once again asked, “Are we singing?”

“Nope, just dancing,” Xander replied still dancing.

“Hey Buffy!” Dawn smiled.

“Hi Dawn.” Buffy glanced at her sister and then over at Willow. “Were you singing?”

“Yeah…” Willow blushed. “Yeah, I guess we were singing, Anya and I.”

The former vengeance demon piped up, adding her own two cents, “We’re also teaching Dawn perfectly synchronized dance steps for the wedding reception.”

Dawn giggled happily when Xander whirled her around a few times and then finally dipped her. Feeling a bit woozy, Dawn realized just how much fun she was having, she didn’t want to stop, but it did when

“Wanna go for a spin?” He asked, raising an eye brown, and remembering the first time they’d danced together – a time he would always remember.

The slayer begged off, making her way towards Anya and Willow and sat between them. “Um, think I’m heading more towards an ungainly collapse.”

‘How could Anya be so upbeat, yet so blatantly honest?’ Buffy shook her head, that was an question that no really knew the answer to.

“Aww, rough day?” Willow asked, concerned.

“I just hate working there,” responded Buffy, sullenly. “It’s just draining sometimes.” ‘Oh now that has some possibilities when I visit Spike later… naked Spike…Oh my, I need to stop.’ Buffy took a deep breath! ‘He keeps me up all night long…his lips…oh those lips…Soft and very kissable! Among other things!’ Buffy smiled a little, hoping no one noticed when she begun to blush! ‘Stop thinking like that – he’s evil – he has no soul – he’s a killer!

The slayer tried to convince herself of this frequently, but of course, her body had told her differently. Spike was like a drug and Buffy in a serious need of her fix. Simply put, she was craving Spike like he craved blood. There was no help for her. Buffy sigh!

‘Oh god’! A memory suddenly took her back to earlier in the morning. ‘The way he touches me – the way he kisses me – The way he oh god, I’m goner! I won’t last much longer if I can’t keep my own body in check! ‘Spike, take me away!’

Unbeknownst to Buffy, Xander had been watching her and had begun to worry about her. She was looking a little tired and…’what’s this, she’s blushing?’ In Xander Fashion, he opened up his big mouth, thinking he could help her realize she was in a serious need of a break.

“You’ve been going at it to hard, Buff.” Xander said comfortingly. “We hardly ever see you anymore, what with slinging that double meat, and pounding the big bad.” Suddenly Xander realized that didn’t come out exactly how it was intended. ‘Oh boy, that sounded bad.’ That didn’t sound very good.”

Buffy hadn’t know whether to be stunned or embarrassed, cause that’s exactly what she’d been doing, however, because she could reply, Anya said to her, “You’re looking a bit pounded.”

‘Oh god,’ Buffy thought mortified. ‘She knows!!!’

‘Just around the eyes,” Anya finished.

Suddenly relief washed over Buffy – she was so thankful that no one knew what was going on between her and Spike. Buffy took a deep cleansing breath and then felt guilty for not being honest with her friends. ‘I should just tell them and get it over with. I can’t stand lying to them…No, can’t. They just wouldn’t understand why I’m sleeping with Spike.”

Noticing the sudden change in Buffy, Willow decided it would be best to change the subject. She didn’t want to make her friend feel uncomfortable, whatever the reason was. “Hey, we’re thinking of heading to the Bronze later, wanna come, get all unwindy?”

Xander smiled at that. “Tall glasses of frosty relaxation on me.” He glanced at his friends, waiting for someone to reply. “Nector of the working man!”

“No, thanks.” Buffy told me. She was thinking of heading to Spike’s later. “I think I’ll stay here with Dawn.” She lied.

A horn blared outside as Buffy continued on obliviously. “Curl up on the sofa with a big bowl of popcorn and…” Buffy was interrupted by Dawn, who momentarily left the living room, and returned with her jacket. “Where are you going?”

“I’m…sleeping over at Janice’s,” Dawn replied with bag in her hand and hurried towards the door.

Rising to her feet, Buffy followed Dawn into the foyer. “And I’m falling for that again because of the surprise lobotomy?”

The red head followed Buffy, and said, “It’s ok, I checked it out. Janice’s mom is picking her up.” Willow smiled, reassuring to Buffy.

”Yeah,” Dawn chimed in. “That’s her now. Come on Buffy. Janice is waiting.”

Thinking on that for a moment, Buffy replied with a nod, “All right. You can go.”

Squealing, Dawn hugged Buffy, uncomforting. “Thanks!” Then quickly added, “besides, I didn’t think you’d be here tonight – you’re always gone.”

“I know.” Buffy again felt bad about all the lying. “I’m here now.” ‘Of course you’re leaving now.’ She added to herself.

Janice’s mother honked the horn a few more times, eagerly waiting to get back home; she had dinner waiting for the girls. Dawn glanced back at Buffy and could tell her sister really wanted to spend the evening with her.

“Do you want me to stay home? Cause I could tell her to go.”

“No! No. That’s ok. Just go. Have fun. I’ve got Willow, Xander and Anya to keep me coming.”

Dawn hugged Buffy quickly and left, slammed the door behind her. Turning towards Willow, “Frosty nectar, now please!”


Putting up a brave front, Buffy was dying on the inside – dying to be with Spike, but she figured a day away from him wouldn’t hurt her, she tried reasoning with herself, but failing miserably when her body was telling her to bold now, go see Spike. Buffy ignored the feeling, smiling once again for Willow.

“Oh good!” Willow smiled in return, eagerly wanting to leave. “We can have all the frosty nectar you want!”

“Let me go change and we can go.” Buffy glanced down at her ugly uniform, scrunching up her nose in disgust.

With that, Buffy headed upstairs while Willow went into the living room to inform everyone that they’d all be going soon.

TBC
Chapter 2 by Magan
When the scoobies arrived at The Bronze, it was busy. Luckily knew the bouncer well, and they were let in without any problems. Once inside, they made their way to a vacant table. Anya excused herself, heading to the bar. She ordered a bottle of Champaign, and then made her way back through the throng of people a few moments later and handing the bottle over to Xander. She eagerly way for him to pop the cork.

“Oh yeah!” Buffy lifted her cup, waiting for him to pour the golden liquid in the cup. “You know…glass all the way episode…nectar required.”

“Cool, well, shimmy on out, while you’re done lubricating,” joked Xander.

Smiling widely, Buffy let the sensation over come her. First the first time in months, Buffy was allowing herself to have fun with her friends. She reveled in it.

Anya spoke up, “Dance with me, Xander.” She pulled him out to the dance floor, even though he protested.

Willow suddenly felt lonely without anyone to dance with and turned to the Buffy. “Dance with me, please.”

Taking a sip of her champagne, Buffy nodded. “Ok!”

With the music in the background, Buffy let herself go, allowing the beat to wash over her.

As she and Willow danced, Buffy’s expression turned pensive. The slayer could feel the tell tale sign of a vampire near, but this wasn’t an ordinary vampire she felt – it was Spike – her Spike. Soon her body tingled, letting her know she had to go be with Spike or else.

Willow stopped, looking at Buffy worriedly. “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.” Buffy reassured.

“Yes, Will, I’m fine. I just…I just need to…” She added silently, go find Spike and be fucked, till I can’t take it anymore. “I gotta go take a pee.”

“Oh, ok,” Willow turned towards Xander and Anya and begun dancing with them.

Slowly Buffy ascended the stairs; the music behind her, playing the background had faded away to a softer, sadder piece of music. She was desperately waiting for what was to come.

Looking around, Buffy quickly noticed that she was alone, and that was just fine with her, for now anyway, till Spike showed up, wherever he was at. The slayer leaned up against the railing glancing down at her friends, dancing, laughing, and most importantly having fun without her.

As Buffy watched her friends with a sad smile, she knew she could never be like them; like the way things were before she had died. She was different and learning to accept that little by little. All the while keeping her gaze on her friends.

The tingling within her begun to grow more and more, as Spike came up behind her, whispering in her ear. “You see…you try being with them.” Spike said in a deep seductive voice came. “But you always end up in the dark…with me.”

The blonde vampire looked over the slayers shoulder, watching the scoobies dancing and having fun. Buffy shuddered at the close proximity of his body. He smiled, knowing the effect he was having on his slayer and he begun to nuzzle at her neck.

“What would they think of you know – if they knew – all the things you’ve done?”

Taking a deep breath, Buffy didn’t know if she’d be able to take much more of this. She had to be with him now but Spike was taking his time before he took the plunge.

The blonde vampire placed his left hand on her shoulder, while the right stroked her blonde tresses. Buffy totally loved every minute of the petting, but she wasn’t going to admit to it, though she knew her body was soon going to give away to it.

“If they knew… who you were.”

Spiked caressed her arm, then slowly moved down to her breast, gently grasping it, then forcefully squeezing it in his hand.

“Don’t!” Buffy lamely protested.

“Stop me.”

Buffy was enjoying the sensation he was causing for him to stop. Spike quickly moved his hand away, his hand slowly traveling down to her though. Buffy closed her eyes, her body betraying her.

Grinning, Spike continued his tortuous path down her leg and pulled her skirt up; the slayer began to breathe heavily in pleasure when he slipped a finger into her sex, stroking her, feeling the warmth in her, then removed his finger, Buffy sighed. She needed her release and soon!

The vampire hiked up the skirt in the back, revealing her bottom. With the other hand, he unzipped his pants, and plunged her dick into her quim, thrusting deeply.

Both Buffy and Spike gasped at the pleasures it was creating. He glanced at her, noticing her eyes had been closed.

“No…don’t close your eyes.”

If the slayer had to admit it, she liked being with Spike more than her friends. The feelings her stirred inside of her, making her feel more, she didn’t want this to stop, ever!

Open her eyes, Spike continued to speak. “Look at them!” He ordered.

Buffy did as she was told –her friends were unaware of what she and Spike were doing.

“That’s not your world…You belong with me…in the shadows.”

Moving within her slowly, Spike begun speaking once again, “Look at your friends, and tell me, you don’t love me fucking you like this, right under their noses!”

Still watching her friends, Buffy couldn’t deny what she was feeling; lust, wanting, needing, having, she was in the moment.

“Tell me!” The vampire demanded huskily.

“I…I can’t…deny it.” Buffy replied, slowly feeling the stirrings of her climax.

Spike begun thrusting deeper, harder, faster. Buffy had to bit her lip from calling out his name.

The blonde couple soon climaxed together. Spike removed himself from her heat, both feeling the loss of another. The skirt fell into place.

Turning her around roughly, Spike stared at her with his lustful blue eyes, neither knowing exactly what to say. The intensity of it all had awakened feelings in her she didn’t realize she had for Spike.

Buffy breathed heavily, waiting for Spike to take the next move. She watched him taking an unneeded breath; he was just about to take her to go back to his place when he heard Willow coming up the stairs calling to her.

“Damn it, Red.” He muttered. “Ever hear of wrong time!”

Still staring into his eyes, Buffy never heard Willow calling out to her, until Willow got closer to her.

“Buffy! Buffy” Willow continued to call out to her.

The slayer finally turned to see Willow coming towards her, and then she turned her gaze back to Spike. He was gone. Finally, Buffy understood what it was like to be left after sex, great, mind-blowing sex – she’d done it so many times to Spike.

“Buffy!” Willow stood in front of her friend. Buffy never realized that Willow was in front of her. “Buffy” Willow said again, trying to get her friend’s attention.”

“Huh?” Buffy turned to Willow. “What?”

“Are you ok?” Willow noticed Buffy’s face was all sweaty and…glowing “You look a bit…flushed.”

“Oh,” Buffy placed her hand to her check, feeling the warmth. “Oh, I guess its warm in her.” She told Willow lamely.

“What was Spike doing here?” Willow asked, curiously. “I saw you two talking. I thought for sure something was going to go down the way you two were looking at each other.”

“I…uh…” Buffy was at a loss for words. “You know Spike…he annoys the hell out of me.”

“Oh!” Willow wasn’t sure what to make of it. “Come back down here and dance with us.”

“Willow, you go on a head. I’d just rather go home, change and go out for a patrol.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah!” Buffy nodded.

“Ok!” Willow hugged Buffy. “See you at home later.”

“Yeah!” ‘If I make it home.’

With that, Willow went back down stairs. Buffy glanced around the loft, no longer feeling Spike’s presence. Sighing, she turned and head down the stairs.

After a quick change at home, Buffy headed for the cemetery, intending to stake the fledglings that rose from the graves, but she soon found herself outside of Spike’s door, standing there with her head ready to knock.

TBC
Chapter 3 by Magan
A/N: Sorry this is short, they'll be more later, this evening.

A black van pulled up and parked in the woods, outside of Spike’s cemetery. Three people then stepped out; Warren, Jonathan and Andrew. They had supplies with them and carried it to an open field nearby.

Once things were set up, Warren asked his other co-horst, “Ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” Jonathan said, dressed in a skirt and a blouse, wig and makeup. ‘I can’t believe he made me do this.’

Andrew snickered, but Warren halted him. “There’s not time for nonsense Obi Wan. We have slayer problems at the moment.” He paused, then spoke again, “Let’s get this show on the road. It’s gonna take some time to summon Rwasundi.”
“How do we know that the slayer will be here?” Jonathan finally asked.

“She’ll be here, you idiot.” Warren chastised, looking down at his watch. “Besides, she’s always here about this time with Spike.”

“What do you think she and Spike are doing?” Andrew asked, obliviously.

Warren smacked the little blonde upside the head. “Thank about it”!

It suddenly came to Andrew. “Oh…OH! You mean they’re…OH!”

The spell was completed five minutes later and the trio quickly packed up what they needed, and Andrew and Warren high tailed it out there. Jonathan went back into the woods to come out at the appropriate time.

*****

Spike stood by the microwave waiting for his blood to warm up, when he unbuttoned his shirt to feel comfortable, and then lit himself a cigarette while waiting.

A few minutes later, the time finally went off, Spike pulled the cup out, set it on top of the of microwave, and poured some fresh herbs into the steaming mug.

Removing the cigarette from his between his lips, Spike begun to take a sip, but he stopped, sensing her outside. ‘She came here to see me!’ Spike ground the cigarette under his boot, threw it aside, and walked over to the door smiling, excitedly. The vampire pressed himself up against the door, he could feel Buffy near.

While outside, Buffy felt him closer, and pressed herself up against the door, breathing in the excitement. She wanted to go in, but memories of earlier washer through her, she got scared and bolted.

Spike quickly opened the door and walked outside, sensing for Buffy, but she was no where to found. The vampire frowned, looking out at the cemetery one more time before going back inside, closing the door behind him with a sigh.

‘Maybe she doesn’t a git like me,’ he thought as he went back over to the microwave with his head down.

TBC
Chapter 4 by Magan
Buffy ran out of the cemetery and into the nearby woods as fast as she could to get away from Spike. She wasn’t ready to admit off of what she was feeling for the vampire, let alone admit it to him.

“Don’t think about him! Don’t think about him.” She told herself, over and over. “Please think about anything other than Spike.” Suddenly a woman screamed and Buffy was thankful for the distracting. “I’m coming.” She muttered running through the woods. I’m coming!”

When Buffy drew closer, she saw two robed figures running after a woman, who’d been the one screaming for help. In full slayer speed, Buffy attacked the robed men, but fell to the ground in her attempt to take them down.

The slayer stood up, only to realize she was alone. The robed figures had disappeared without a trace.

“Huh, that’s weird.” Buffy scratched at her head in confusion. “Something is very fishy around here”! She heard a strange whooshing noise and then the whimper of a young woman.

Whirling around, Buffy noticed the woman on the ground in the fetal position and went to help her.

“It’s ok. I’m going to get you out of here.” Buffy said kneeling down. “Can…can you walk? Are you hurt?” Buffy berated the young girl with questions.

Buffy heard the whooshing noise again and turned to see what the hell it was, but there was nothing, and she went back to the young woman, but then she was missing. Buffy was definitely wigging out.

There were now whispers all around her, but Buffy could not see anything but the woods.

“What is going on?” Buffy felt helpless.

“What did you do, Buffy?” The whispers asked her conspiratorially. “What…did…you…do?” With each question, they grew louder and louder, Buffy covered her ears, still trying to figure out where it was coming from.

A few moments later, the whispers died down and the next thing Buffy heard was Spike yelling back at her. “OW!”

It didn’t’ registered with Buffy how he was hurt or even how he come to be there.

“Huh?” Buffy didn’t quiet understand. “What the hell is going on?

Spike disappeared.

“Where are you?” Buffy asked again but the strange whooshing noise returned, which distracted her. The next thing she knew, Spike had returned and was lying on the ground at her feet, his lip bleeding.

“Bloody hell, Slayer.” Spike cursed at her. “What’d you do that for?”

“Spike?” Buffy was confused. “There’s something really strange going on!”

Then he was gone again and the robed men returned, attacking her; hitting her in the face as she turned to her right. Buffy fell to the ground and when she came to, more robed figures appeared around her. She quickly rose to her feet, fighting with two of them.

Upon punching the robed figured, Buffy knocked the hood off, revealing the most hideous demon she’d ever seen. Then to her surprise, Spike was there with her again, fighting along side her.

Buffy had no time to worry whether or not Spike would be there to help her.

Spike ducked when the demon swung at him. He suddenly grabbed the demon at the waist, taking it down, however the demon got up again and they begun to fight once more.

“Stay down, you ponce.” Spike sucker punched the demon in the gut. It staggered back. The vampire grabbed the demon once again, snapping its neck.

When he was finished, Spike threw it to the ground, all the while in vampire mode.

The slayer kicked the demon she was fighting in the stomach, it hunched over, and she kicked it again, it fell to the ground.

“Buffy!” Spike called out to her.

The slayer turned away from the demon she was now fighting, only to see another, and to her surprise, it punched her in the face when Spike distracted her by mistake. Everything went blurry, but Buffy tried to focus her eyes, then she heard the strange whooshing noise yet again. Things suddenly changed around her once more, confusing her.

Looking around, Buffy was surprised to see Spike approaching her with a bloody lip. ‘Come on, you’ve got to be joking,’ she silently thought to herself. ‘I’m not losing my mind, am I?’ “Spike, what’s happening?” She felt scared. “What’s going on?”

Oblivious of her questions, Spike said huffily, “So, you thought you could slip away, then. Vampire, remember.” He flared his arms out, frustrated.

‘Dammit, Spike. This is no time to be doing this now.’ Buffy sighed, still reeling from the strange things happening around her, around them. “We can discuss this later, or would you rather have a stake to the chest.” She produced one from her jacket.

Ignoring her, Spike walked closer to her, she frowned, and he mistook the look for something else and his expression changed to one of pain. Buffy knew that he was upset with her for running away – something she always did when she wasn’t ready to face the important things. Most of all Buffy was scared that he might be the long; haul, guy, and she kept pushing him away at every turn. Why did she do that?

“I could feel you, you know.” Spike finally found the words, though there was sadness in his voice. “I can always feel you when you’re near Me.”

Buffy was staring into his eyes, listening to every word he was saying and how he was saying, she heard the strange whooshing sound, things changed yet again. This time, she was back to fighting demons. She couldn’t keep up at the rate things were going.

The slayer blocked punches from the demons and was able to get a few more punches and kicks of her own in. Another demon was near the younger woman, who was still lying on the ground. It rose up and then attacked Buffy from behind. She staggered a bit, but held her own.

When Buffy punched the second demon, the strange whooshing noise overcame her again, and again the scene changed around her, and Buffy punched Spike in the face by mistake, and he landed on the ground with a thud. The young woman ran past both of them.

The vampire held his hand on the sore lip and then looked up at Buffy, wondering why she hit him. “OW! Bloody hell, what’d you do, that for?”

The woman ran by again and Buffy stared in confusion when she dropped to the ground, crying. A scene, she’d not seen before.

A patch of empty air had begun to shimmer and three more demons appeared before Buffy, charging after her. She and Spike begun to fight, but then things changed around them again for the hundredth time, and Buffy was alone again.

The slayer stood there shocked and dismayed, when something punched her in the back, she staged. When she looked up, things changed again. Buffy was really starting to believe she was imagining all of this.

When she looked down, Buffy realized she was holding a dead demon in her arms, she freaked out, dropped the demon, and watched it disappear. Things changed again for her and before she realized it, she’d been punched in the face. Her head snapped back, her world changing yet again.

Buffy did not like this one bit. It was to confusing for her. She turned around and saw the dead demon lying near Spike. He was busy with another demon.

“Buffy!” Spike gritted through his teeth. “You gonna help me?”

The slayer whirled around when another demon came at her. Buffy punched and kicked it until the demon fell down to the ground in a heap. A hand grabbed her shoulder from behind and she backhanded who ever it was and realized it was the young woman she went to protect.

To Buffy’s horror, the woman flew back, and rolled down the hill, finally landing at the bottom. All the while that was happening, Spike was still fighting the same demon.

“Oh god, what do I do?” Buffy ran down the hill to make sure the young woman was all right.

Spike straddled the demon when he gave it one last, final blow, before snapping its next. The vampire rose to his feet, calling out for his Buffy, but before he could go find her, another demon snuck up behind him, pulling him to the ground.

“Aww, bloody hell, do they ever fucking stop?”

The demon punched Spike in the gut and he staggered back, ignoring the pain, he had to make sure that Buffy was ok. “Do you mind?” Spike asked, punching the demon so hard, that his hand went right through the demon’s chest.

The demon screamed in extreme pain and the vampire shrugged, pushing him away from, then he rushed down the hill.

At the bottom of the hill, Buffy was kneeling next to the woman, who Buffy recognized as Katrina, a former girlfriend of Warren’s. The slayer just started the body, shocked.

When Spike finally reached Buffy, he watched in concern. “Buffy, you ok?” He asked, coming closer.

“She’s dead.” It was all Buffy could say. “I…killed…her, didn’t it?”

Spike kneeled down next to Buffy; he tilted her head to face him. “Baby, it’ll be ok. Spike will make it better. I promise.”

The slayer turned away from Spike, staring down at Katrina’s lifeless body. Spike looked around nervously, hoping that no one seen what had transpired.

“Buffy, come on, we have to go.” Spike stood up.

“What happened?” Buffy asked to no one inparticular, still staring at the body. “I don’t understand this. How could this have happened?”

“There’s nothing that you can do about it.” Spike helped her to her feet. “We have to go, before somewhere was to see this!”

“What did I do?” Buffy asked, tears spilling over.

“WE have to go now!” Spike couldn’t take it anymore, he grabbed her by the arm, and hulled away from the dead body. She stopped him about thirty feet away.

“What did I do?” Buffy asked hysterically crying.

Shaking her, Spike said, “All right, listen to me. BUFFY! BUFFY!”

After calming down, Buffy whispered hoarsely, “She’s dead…I killed her.”

“It was an accident.”

“DON’T YOU SEE, I KILLED HER!” Fresh tears sprang from her eyes. “I killed her.” Buffy repeated.

As Spike watched her, his heart ached. He wished that he could take that pain away from her. Spike said, ignoring her outburst, “I’m gonna take her home.”

Buffy tried to walk away from him, but Spike grabbed a hold of her arm. “NO!” He told her firmly. “No! I’m taking you home and you’re gonna cry into your warm comfy bed and stay there.” His next reply came a little softer. “We’re gonna sort this out. Do you trust me?”

The slayer stared at him for a few moments, tears glistening her eyes. When Spike didn’t get his answer, he asked again. Buffy nodded her response.

“I’ll take care of you!” Spike told her. “I promise, I’ll take care of you!” ‘Always’ Spike added to himself.

With that, Spike and Buffy left, heading back to her house.


TBC
Chapter 5 by Magan
When Jonathon saw that the coast was clear, hehurried to the black van. He opened the back door and jumped in.

“How’d things go?” Warren asked, turning in his chair.

“Couldn’t have worked out perfectly.” “She thinks she killed Katrina.” Jonathon told him.

“Good. Good!” Warren said pleased.

“When she finds out, she’s going to sorely pissed,” Jonathon spoke up a few moments later. He had been thinking about the previous night.

Warren had put a spell on Katrina and she became his love slave. He figured that if he could make this work, he could make the slayer his slave. It didn’t matter if it was a love slave or for labor, as long as the slayer was not messing up his plans to rule the world, he was happy.

As the night progressed, the spell had worn off Katrina, and she quickly realized where she was and what was happening to her. As she tried to get away, she and Warren fought, and then her world went black. In his frustations, Warren grabbed a wine bottle, and hit her in the head, killing her instantly.

He didn’t have a plan for this, and was a little freaked out by what he’d done, but he composed himself, and took action,leading to this night, making the Katrina the slayer’s problem.

“She’s not going to find out, you twit,” Warren said, breaking through Jonathon’s thoughts.

“Yeah,” Andrew piped up, and added his two cents, “it don’t matter what she thinks, right Warren.”“She’ll be to out of it for days to realize what’s going on.”

“Maybe,” Jonathon replied, turning in his chair. He’d always felt bad about screwing with the slayers head, especially since Buffy had saved him from killing himself back in high school. This isn’t right. We can't do this to the slayer. She's done so much for everyone else. She don't deserve this,he said, repetitively in his mind.

TBC
Chapter 6 by Magan
A/N: The Dream Sequence was a little hard, but hopefully it came acrossed a little better than I hope it would have.

********

Spike led Buffy up to her room, helped her undress and into her pajamas. She had said nothing to him ont he way home. Everything slowly coming back to her and single tear slid down her tear stained cheeks. Whipping away the tear, Spike looked into her eyes, feeling her pain.

“S’ok baby, you lean on me. Spike’ll take careof you!” He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly, letting her know he was there for her. She in turn wrapped her arms around him and let the tears flow.

Standing there for several minutes, Spike stepped back, and looked her in the eyes. “Get into bed and in the morning,it’ll all be worked out.” He said, silently devising a way to make this all disappear for her.

Buffy did as she was told, and she slid into bed. Spike pulled the blankets over her and she closed her eyes, falling asleep quickly. Spike slipped out quietly. He did want to stay there with her, making sure she’d feel safe, but he had to go take care of the dead body. He had to protect Buffy.

As she slept restlessly, she dreamed. She heard someone whispering to her. “What did you do, Buffy?” “What did you do?”

Turning over, she laid on the edge of the bed,and Spike entered the dream, naked. He slid into bed next to her, caressing her arm, telling it’s all right. Telling her once again, everything will be all right, but Buffy frowned.

“It’ll be out little secret.” He cooed in her ear.

Suddenly Buffy’s naked; she turned towards Spike, looking him in his eyes before passionately kissing him. After a few moments, she broke the kiss, breathing heavily. Nothing was said between thetwo as she rolled him over, straddled atop him.

To steady herself, Buffy placed her hands on his chest, sliding down on Spike’s shaft, and they both moaned in pleasure at the sensation.

As she began her torturous movements, Buffyleaded forward, kissing Spike softly, then more forcefully. When she finally broke the kiss to breath, she began caressing Spike’s arms, only to find that were handcuffed to the bed.

Buffy leaned forward once again, he tried totake her left breast into his mouth, but she pulled away, grinding herself harder into him. Spike groaned at the sensation.

“Like that, baby.” Spike said hoarsely. “Do itagain!”

She lifted herself up and slammed back down,and her head lolled back as she was rising to her climax. Spike wasn’t far off.

“Buffy, love…you…so much!” Spike said, repeatedly,until he shot his load into her.

Nearing her orgasm, Buffy’s head shot back and it exploded with in her, as she yelled out, “SPIKE!” She closed her eyes and let the sensation rush through her. A moment later, Buffy realized that she was no longer in her bedroom, but outside in the woods, fully clothed: dressed in the clothes she had on the night before.

“What the hell is going on here?”

A demon came out of nowhere, Buffy took apunch, and the demon was gone. Nowhere to be found. Looking around, she found thatshe was now straddling Katrina, who had been handcuffed.

“Do you trust me?” Buffy said, seriously.

Katrina smiled at that, moaning in pleasure, but it was Buffy voice that she heard not Katrina’s. When Buffy blinked, she saw that she was with Spike at his crypt lying on the floor under the oriental carpets. He was hovering above her, thrusting deeply within her and she moaned in desire as she closed her eyes.

A few moments later, when Buffy opened her eyes, she was back in the woods, punching Katrina.

“Oh god!” She cried out and when she let go, she was back in Spike’s crypt straddling him as he lay asleep. Lifting herhand, she found she was wielding a stake. She brought it to his chest and plunged in into his chest. Before she could react to what she’d done, she was back in the woods, straddling Katrina, who now has a stake in her chest.

Katrina opened her eyes, slowly, revealing blue orbs, the very same color of Spikes. This shocked Buffy enough to wake her up. She looked around her bedroom, feeling relieved she was in her own home.

Buffy was saddened that Spike didn’t stay around, and she scared to tell him that dream she had. Buffy finally calmed herself down, and wentin to the hall. She had a sudden need to go check on Dawn. Opening the door as quietly as she could, she saw Dawn snuggled up, holding on her teddy bear. After a few moments, Buffy crossed the room to Dawn’s bed and sat down, gently waking up her sister.

“Hey,” Buffy said.

“What…what time is it?” Dawn asked, sleepily.

Buffy realized that she had to go to the police, but she didn’t want to alert that there was anything wrong.

“Nothing, it’s late.” “You go back to bed.”

Dawn frowned at Buffy, wondering why she camein her room in the first place. She didn’t say anything. If Buffy was going to tell her something was wrong, she would have already done it, she reasoned with herself.

Smiling at Dawn, Buffy said, “I love you,Dawnie.” “You know that, right?”

Now something’s definitely wrong here,Dawn thought. “Buffy what’s wrong?” Dawn asked, sitting up.

Buffy took a deep breath and then answered, “I know I haven’t been the best big sister. I haven’t been a good parent to you. I haven’t been everything that…mom was.”

“What’s the matter?” asked a serious Dawn.“You’re scaring me.”

“You know that I will always love you.”

“Why are you talking to me like this?” “Are you going somewhere?” “Please tell me!”

Buffy wasn’t prepared to tell Dawn the whole story, but she figured she had better be honest.

“There…was…an accident.”

“Oh god.” Dawn said on the verge of tears.“What happened?” “Are Willow and Tara alright.”

Buffy didn’t answer.

“What about Spike and Xander and Anya?” “Are they ok?”

Buffy began again, “There was an accident.” “Someone got hurt.”

“Who Buffy?” “WHO?”

“A girl.”

“Is she ok?” Dawn felt relieved that it wasn’t her own family, but still felt bad this girl was hurt.

“No, Dawn, she’d dead.” “It’s because me. I killed her.” Buffy began to cry.

Having nothing to say, Dawn hugged her sister,saying, “It’ll be fine.” “We’ll work something out.” “We’ll do what we have to do.”

Buffy pulled herself from Dawn’s grasp. “No.” “I did this and I need to pay.”

Buffy rose up off the bed.

“I’m sorry.”

“Where are you going?”

“I have to go to the police.” “Tell them what I did.”

“No!”

“I have to, Dawnie.”

“They’ll take you away.” “Please reconsider.”

“I can’t.” “I have to go!”

Buffy walked back into her room, changed, and then left. Dawn sat there for a moment, before getting up. She hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen. She picked up the phone and dialed the only person she knew could help her sister out.

TBC
Chapter 7 by Magan
As Buffy headed to the police station, she took a short cut through the alleyways. When she was about to turn the corner to enter the police station, Spike stepped out of the shadows and said, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Stopping, she turned around facing Spike. “How did you know I’d be here?”

“Dawn.”

“I shouldn’t even have told her.”

“The bit cares for you.” “She was worried.”

“I can’t let this go Spike.” “I need to tell what happened.” She began walking away from him.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m doing the right thing…for a change!”

Buffy was just about to the door when Spike lunged for her, dragging her back into the alley.

“Sorry, love, can’t let you do that!”

“I have to tell them what I’ve done.”

“Nothing happened.”

“How can you be so caviler about this, Spike.”“I killed a woman.”

“Demons in the woods.” “Time all wonky.” “They won’t believe you!”

“Then I’ll prove it.”

“How?” “Nothing to prove.”

“What?” Buffy asked, incredulously.

“What the hell did you do Spike?”

“Took care of it.”

“What did you do?” She asked again.

“What I had to.” “I took care of it.” "Doesn’t matter now.” “No one will find her.”

An officer was walking by and his walky talky went off, “Someone reported a dead body. Over.” “Where’d they find her?” He asked into the walky talky. “Down by river. She washed ashore not far from the cemetery. Over.”

Two cops rushed out of the police station, geting into the cruisers and drove away. Spike and Buffy overheard the cop talking on his walk talker and neither was pleased at the news.

“Great Spike!” “Got anymore bright ideas?”Buffy said in frustration.

“Shit!” “SHIT!”

A few moments went by and the two stood insilence. Spike was the first to break the tension that had arisen between them.

”There’s no way to connect you to this.”

“It doesn’t matter.” “I’m still turning myself in.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“I killed her!”

“It happened.” “It was an accident.”

“Don’t you get it, I killed her.”

Once again, Buffy started to leave the alley,but Spike prevented her from leaving. “You’re not going in there!”

“Watch me!” She wrenched her arm away from him.

“I can’t!” “I love you!”

“No you don’t!” Buffy said upset, but it was more out of spit to get back at him from stopping her.

“You think I haven’t tried?” “I’ve tried.”“Believe me, I tried.” “It’s not something that I can switch off like a bloody light switch.” “I can’t keep ignoring my feelings like you can, Buffy!”

Frustrated, Buffy hauled off and punched Spike in the face. He went flying back and landed in heap. “Try a little harder, next time, Spike.”

Those words hurt her more than she realized. She didn’t understand why she tried so hard pushing him away. She thought she had the reasons, but every time she tried convincing herself, it just didn’t work. Buffy turned her back on him and she started to walk away once again, but suddenly behind her there was Spike all vamped out. He threw her to the ground in his attempt to make her stay.

“You’re not throwing your life away.” “I won’t let you!”

“It’s my choice Spike.” “You can’t change my mind.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because, I have to.” She paused a moment and then she began to cry. “A girl is dead because of me.”

Bloody hell, she’s crying. Does she have any idea what the does to me?

“And how many people are live because of you?” “How many have you saved?” “One dead girl doesn’t tip the scale.”

“Do you have any idea what this is doing to me?” “This isn’t just a dead body like it is to you.” “She was a person.” “She had a family.” “A future.” “I took that away from her.”

Sighing, Spike said, “Buffy.”

Not wanting to listen to him, she attacked him, punching and kicking as hard as her slayer strength would allow to. He blocked a few punches from her, but ultimately, Spike decided not to fight back.

“You can’t understand why this is killing me,can you?” She said through tears.

“Why don’t you explain it to me.”

Punch

“Come on, that’s it, put it all on me.” “Put it all on me.”

Kick

“That’s my girl.”

“I’M NOT YOUR GIRL!”

Buffy kicked him so hard, he landed on his ass. She then jumped on him and begin to wail on him over and over. “You don’t…have a soul!”

Punch

“There’s no good or clean thing about you.”

Punch

“You’re dead inside.”

Punch

“You can’t feel anything real.”

Punch

“I could never be your…girl!”

Punch

She had no idea why she was beating him like this and it scared her, but she couldn’t stop. She kept hitting him and hitting him. Spike returned to his human visage. He was battered and bruised to the point where he couldn’t even open up his right eye.

Blinking a few times, she finally stopped, horrified with what she’s done.

“You always hurt the ones…you love.” He slurred.

Buffy rose to her feet, dismayed. Oh my god. Oh my god. How could I do this to him. He’s right. Oh my god! I did hurt the one I love.

“Buffy?” Spike called out to her.

Ignoring her inner turmoil, she left Spike and the alley, determined to turn herself in. To do what was right, she reason with herself.

In attempt to stop her, he tried reaching out to her, but he was too badly hurt and laid there in pain.

TBC
Chapter 8 by Magan
Walking into the police station, Buffy headed to the desk sergeant. The sergeant was on the phone speaking to someone. She waited till her was off the phone.

“What can I do for you?”

Feeling uncertain, she stepped back and began to walk away.

“Ma’am, is there anything I can do for you?”

She stopped in her tracks, just as she was about to turn around, another cop walked passed her.

“Got an id on the girl we found serge.”

“Who was she?” The sergeant asked.

“Katrina Silber.”

The sergeant pondered this for a moment.

“That name sounds familiar.”

“Oh yes, she was reported missing yesterday.”

“It’s a shame that someone so young has to die.”

Buffy winced as she heard them talking, but then she remembered something that the girl was actually Warren's girlfriend and this was a totally relief to her.

“Of course,” She whispered.

“Warren is gonna pay!”

*****

Buffy had headed towards the Magic Box, hoping that she could get this who mess straightened out and take care of Warren as soon as possible.

Everyone had been there when she arrived. She explained everything that happened to and left the Spike parts out. Anya had been looking up the demon that Buffy described for her.

When she found what she was looking for, she set the book down in front of Buffy, pointing to a demon.

“Is that what you saw?”

“Yeah, that’s it.” Buffy replied.

“Hmm.” “The Rwasundi.” “Very rare. Um, its presence in our dimension causes a sort of ... localized temporal disturbance.” Anya said,matter-of-factly.

“So, that’s why time went all David Lynch onme,” Buffy realized.

Shaking her head, Anya replied as she sat down,"Right.” “Uh, human perception is based on a linear chronology.” “Being exposed to the Rwasundi for more than a few seconds can cause, uh, vivid hallucinations. And a slight tingly scalp.”

Willow chimed in, “So that’s it.” “They just made you think you killed her.”

“Yeah.” Xander agreed as he added his twoc ents. “Willow’s right, Buff. “ “She was probably dead long before you stumbled acrossed her.”

“It wasn't the demons.” “It was Warren.” “He knew Katrina. He had something to do with it, I know it.” Buffy spoke up.

“How can you be sure?” Willow asked.

It's now or never, she thought, taking a deep breath.

Buffy was silent before answering, “I know because you always hurt the ones you love.”

The gang was confused and Willow asked, “What do you mean exactly?”

“I…I…I’ve been lying to you for while now.” Buffy started a bit hesitantly.

“Lying about what?” Xander asked, confused.

Buffy hesitated again.

“What is it?” Willow asked, concerned.

“I need to be honest with you all.” “It’s killing me lying to you.” Buffy began to tear up. “I need to tell you where I go at night.”

Looking at each of her friends, she continued on.

“Sometimes I go on patrol and other times, I spend my nights with someone.”

“Who, Buffy?” asked Dawn curiously.

“In the beginning, I turned to him for guidance and advice, but the relationship changed into something else, something...sexual.” “I wasn’t prepared to tell you any of it.”

"Why tell us now, after all this time?" Xander asked, perturbed.

“Because you always hurt the one you love,” Willow reiterated Buffy’s statement from before.

Buffy shook her head as she whipped the tears away.

“We're your friends, Buffy, you know you can turn to us for anything,” Xander told her, a little hurt." “You know that, right?”

“I know, but I can’t tell you the reason yet. I needed…I need to understand it first.” Buffy replied, squeezing Xander’s hand.

“When you are ready, you tell us.” Anya said, comforting.

Everyone stared at her as if she had two heads. “What?” “Can’t I be nice?”

“Sure honey,” Xander patted her on the shoulder.

"God Xander, don't be so damn condescending," Anya huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I just wanted you to know," Buffy began again, ignoring Anya's outburst.

"Who is the guy,” Xander demanded to know.

Buffy swallowed hard before said who it was. She was so scared, and didn't know if she could even admit it aloud.

"Who is it, Buffy," Willow asked.

”Spike.”

Dawn’s face lit up with happiness. She always wanted them to be together, and on some level knew they were. She turned her gaze to Buffy, “Does this mean you’re not going anywhere?” She needed confirmation.

Getting up, Buffy walked over to her sister and hugged her.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Turning towards her friends, she added. “Hate me all you want, but please don't hate Spike. He wanted me to be honest from the beginning. I just didn't know how to.”

"Spike?" "Why him?" Xander asked in a disgusted tone.

“It’s my decision be with him," Buffy snapped back and added silently to herself, If he'll have me,.

It dawned on Xander that Buffy was in love with Spike, and asked her, “You love Spike, don't you?" He stood up, pacing back and forth. “Fang breathe.” “Dead boy?” “Buffy are you sure?”

“I am totally sure, Xander.”

"Buffy how could you? With him?" "I don't even want to think about it."

"Xander," Anya chided him. "It's not our decision to make for Buffy. She loves him, and I think we should respect that!" Anya glared at him.

"Fine!" Xander mumbled, sitting back down next to Anya.

“We’ll stand by you 100 %,” said Willow,hugging her friend.

"Thank you, Willow. I really appreciate this." Buffy wipped the tears away, and continued on.

Willow smiled and surprisingly she wasn't all that upset by Buffy's relvelation. She was happy for her friend, and wished that Xander could at least accept it for Buffy's sake. After a few moments, Buffy spoke.

"We've got important issues; we need to find Warren, and the others.” “Whatever they've done, they're not gonna get away with it.”
Chapter 9 by Magan
Warren, Jonathan and Andrew went back to Warren'shouse, and headed down to the basement. Jonathon was still having secondthoughts about this whole thing, but didn't let on that it was bothering him. Andrew, however, did what ever Warren wanted.

The basement was large, and in one corner, there was asmall living room set off the right, and to the left was their area where they strategized.

Sitting down in his chair, Warren had a smile on his face, pleased with how everything was going.

"Soon we'll have the slayer right where we want, and then we'll pounce," Warren said, gleefully. "

Yeah," said a dreamy Andrew, looking lovingly at Warren.

No one was ever sure what which way Andrew swung, but never questioned him about it.

"Excuse me," Jonathan went up stairs.

Jonathan was so nervous; he had to go to the bathroom.

"I'm glad that he's gone," Warrenannounced. "He's holding us back. We need to get rid of him."

"Why?" questioned Andrew.

Slapping Andrew's head, Warren said, snidely, "You idiot!"

"What'd I say?" said a confused Andrew.

Sighing, Warren muttered something under his breath, shaking his head. "As I was saying,Jonathan has to go. He's dragging us down…I think he's having second thoughts."

"Really, you think so?"

Warren ignored Andrew's question and said what he was thinking. "I think we need to kill him."

Before Andrew could agree or disagree, Jonathan came down the steps, oblivious to what had happened. He went over to the livingroom area and sat down; tired of everything that was happening around him. He had to find some way to break free of this life. Buffy did so much for him and he could repay her like this. If there was someway, he could let her in on what was happening.

Andrew and Warren watched on as Jonathan was sitting,quietly, alone, and wondered why was he was thinking about.

Warren spoke up,breaking Jonathan's thoughts. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Jonathan lied. >
"Just tired isall. It's getting late."

"Yeah, late," Warren echoed his thoughts.

Rising to his feet, Jonathan walked passed his so-called friends, and left the basement. It didn't bother them that he left, without saying another word. They just continued as if nothing even happened.

"What if he goes and tells Buffy about us?" asked Andrew.

Warren hadn't anticipated that scenario and was surprised that Andrew had.

"You're right. He could. I don't want to take that chance," Warren stood up. "Grab whatever important stuff there is, and let's get the hell out of here."

They had packed up everything of importance, and when they were finished, they packed up everything they could in the van, and headed off to their secret hid out, that only he and Andrew knew about.

TBC
Chapter 10 by Magan
Jonathan had been walking the streets, and hadn't realized that he'd walked
all the way to the Magic Box. He looked up, surprised with himself. He saw that
the lights were still on, and crossed the street, walking up to the door.

Opening the door, he stepped in. Everyone turned to look who had entered.

"Jonathan," Buffy whispered.

"What are you doing here," Xander asked,snidely.



"I…I…don't know," Jonathan walked back outside and Buffy followed him.



"Jonathon, wait," Buffy called out.



Turning around, Jonathan had a frightened looked on his face. He thought that
the slayer was gonna kick his ass.



Sensing his worry, Buffy smiled, and he relaxed a bit.



"Don't worry, I'm not gonna kick your ass…yet!"



"Ok," he stuttered.



"Come back inside," She said.



"I'd rather not."



"Ok, why don't you start with why you're here?"



"I…I am really about everything. I never meant for it go as far as it has. I
just…I just want out."



"This is not some lame attempt to get my guard up, is it?" "

No not, at all." Jonathan shifted at bit, putting his hands in his pants
pockets.

"Better not be!"

"I assure you, it isn't. They don't even know where I'm at."

"And why are you here?"

"I'm here to tell you were Andrew and Warren are at."

"Oh!" Buffy said, intrigued.

As Jonathan was explaining everything to her, she was making a mental note of
everything. And when was finished, he walked home, and she headed back
inside.

"Time to take care of Warren," she annouced, grabbing what she could in
weapons, just in case demons could pop up.

"Where's Jonathan?" Xander asked, a little too harshly.

He'd been still reeling for the Spike and Buffy are item now news. He just
didn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

"He went home."

"What? You let him go?" Xander asked,incredulously.



Glaring at him, Buffy said, "I can't believe you're still on about Spike and
I being together…Get over it!"

Turning her gaze to Willow, Buffy said, "Let's go, I might need your help
with Warren, if he decides to do something magical."

"Ok," Willow said, getting up, not wanting to start another argument.

Xander kept his mouth shut for the time being.

"Anya, take Dawn home, and you and Xander keep an eye on her, ok?" Buffy
asked.

Shaking her head yes, and turning to Dawn, Buffy said, "Ok...Behave Dawn!"

Dawn ignored her sister and rolled her eyes. I don't need a babysitter. I can
stay home by myself!

*****

With that Buffy and Willow left, heading to Warren's house.When the slayer
and the witch arrived, it was too late. Warren and Andrew were gone. There were
papers scattered all around, left in their hasty exit.

Willow bent down, picking up a few things, and looked up at Buffy, showing
her what she'd found. "

They must have figured Jonathan would squeal and left," Buffy surmised.

"Yeah, and it looks like they left theiritinerary."

Willow handed it over, and Buffy took it. She quickly scanned it over. It
listed a bank robbery to a museum heist.

"At least we know what they'v ebeen up to, and where they might do next,"
said Buffy. "Let's gather up whatever we can, and head back to the house to go
through everything."

After awhile they'd picked up every piece that they could and headed back to
the house. Anya and Xander were on the sofa watching TV,when Buffy and Willow
entered the house.

"They were gone," Willow announced, sitting next to Xander.

"It was set up?" He asked. "I knew it!"

"Apparently not, they'd left all this," She replied.

Buffy and Willow set the papers on the coffee table. Buffy yawned and Willow
told her to go upstairs.

"Are you sure?" Buffy asked, hoping they wouldn't need her. She had to go see
Spike and make sure that he was ok. She had to apologize some how.

"Yeah, just go, we'll take care of this," Willow told her.

"Ok, well, I'm gonna check on Dawn, and take shower, then just go to bed."

On the way to the stairs, she said, "Let me know what you find out." Then she
disappeared. She headed to Dawn's room, and checked on her. Thankfully, she
was still sleeping. She then went to her room,and climbed out the window,
heading to Spike's crypt.

TBC
Chapter 11 by Magan
Spike had made it back to his crypt in one piece, barely. He cleaned himself
up and lay down in his bedchamber. He was just about to fall asleep, when he
heard the door open.



“Bloody great, just bloody great.” He muttered, sensing Buffy's presences.
"Can'ta bloke get any rest?"



A few moments later, Buffy came down the latter.



“Fancy seeing you again…Slayer.” He seethed.



She didn’t say anything, and knew she deserved whatever he dished out to her.
She crossed over to him and knelt in front of him.



“Spike, I…” Spike stopped her.



“Look, you don’t have to say anything.”



“I need to.”



Spike sat up, slowly, waiting for the apology.



“Say it, and then leave!”



“I’m not very good with words.”



She got up and paced back and forth.



“Get on with it.”



“I’m…I’m sorry, Spike.”



She stopped and turned towards him.



“I took my anger out on you. I never meant for it to happen that way.” “I
let my anger get the best of me and I think I went to far this time.” “Can you
forgive me?”



He thought about this for a moment. Before, he would forgave her for
anything, but not this time. It’s gonna take a whole lot for her to gain his trust
once again.



“I don’t know, slayer.” “I just don’t know!”



She walked back over the bed and sat down next to him. A few moments later,
she blurted out, “I told them.”



“Told who what?”



“I told them about us.”



“What?” He asked surprised, looking at her. He smirked at her when she was
looking. Spike was happy she took the initiative to tell them the truth. Now no
more lying, he thought.



Ignoring his question, she started another topic, "By the way, I didn’t kill
the girl.” “She was already dead.”



She looked him in the face and looked away. She couldn’t bare to look at his
face like that, knowing she did that. After a beat, he asked,



“Why does this have anything to do with you telling your friends about us?”



“It was something you said.”



He knit his brow in confusion. “What did I say?”



“You told me, ‘You always hurt the ones you love.’”



"Yeah," He lifted his scared brow, intrigued.



“I hurt the one I love," Buffy said, looking anywhere at him.



“S’that so?” Spike smirked, but she didn't see it.



Always knew she loved me. Just needed to admit it to herself.

She shook her head to confirm.



After a few minutes he asked, “Who killed the girl?”



“Warren.”



“That bloody ponce.”



“Wait in line, we all want a piece of him.”



She looked back at him again.



“I’m sorry.”



“I know.”



She leaned into him and he wrapped arms around her, letting her know, he
wasn’t going anywhere.



The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=2932