Spuffy Anthology Vol. 1 by TillDustDoUsPart
Summary: This is a collection of 5 stories each un-related and unique. Most of them are short except for the first one which is longer than the others. Rather than releasing each story individually I chose to put this together as one release. Each chapter is a new story.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 17732 Read: 4882 Published: 01/08/2008 Updated: 01/08/2008

1. My Trip Down Insanity Road by TillDustDoUsPart

2. Me & My BuffyBot by TillDustDoUsPart

3. Not Such A Simple Choice by TillDustDoUsPart

4. Where Do We Go From Here? by TillDustDoUsPart

5. A Proposal From A Vampire by TillDustDoUsPart

My Trip Down Insanity Road by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Imagine each story as a pilot or a sample to a much larger story. Let me know which ones, if any you like and I will hopefully soon make a much longer one out of it.
Premise: This story is about what would have happened if Spike stayed insane in the school basement for awhile. He is being tormented by his soul and his memories of all the people he has killed. Also The First is taunting him and playing with his mind by being various images of different people. How would have the story played out if he decided to stay in the school basement instead of letting Buffy help him. Would he stay insane and not be able to help anyone including himself. Or could he overcome the odds and help Buffy in the fight against The First in the end. Will Buffy continue to try and help Spike or will she give up on him because of all that’s going on around her. The struggle for sanity for Spike is a long road with many twists and turns.


My Trip Down Insanity Road



Spike is in the school basement sitting on the floor being talked to by The First who he thinks is Cassie. The First is trying to drive Spike more insane and is doing a good job of it. As soon as he got back from helping Cassie, Spike is being taunted by The First who looks like Cassie and told him he failed. He is feeling guilty that he let her down and Buffy.

The First/Cassie: You did a fine job of helping me today Spike. I was your average teenage girl with everyday hopes and dreams. I didn’t have the perfect family household because my parents were divorced but I had parents who loved me. It’s too bad I’ll never get to see them again. There was so much I wanted to experience but will never be able to. This was this guy I was hoping was going to ask me to the dance but I’ll never get the chance to go. Spike are you even listening?

Spike: I am so sorry. I couldn’t protect the girl. I am useless. I do nothing but hurt the girl.

The First/Cassie: I know you let me down but the important thing was that you tried. You tried your best didn’t you Spike?

Spike: I had to help. No hurting the girl. I hurt the girl. Now I killed the girl.

The First/Cassie: Got that right Spike. I wouldn’t be here down with you if I wasn’t dead would I. But you didn’t actually kill me though it was those other creeps who killed me. Do you want to know how it happened?

Spike: No. I don’t want to know how they hurt you.

The First/Cassie: Well I think that you really should hear how I died. Buffy did try and help but it was a little too late. See when you got up and left one of those guys killed me with a bow and arrow. She did all she could to save me but I was already dead.

Spike: Should have stayed. I could have saved her.

The First/Cassie: Maybe if you would have stayed just a little bit longer I would still be alive. I guess I got no one to blame but you. But being dead does give me forever to work on my poems. Would you like to hear my new poem I wrote? I wrote it after I died.

Spike: I don’t hear you. I don’t hear poems from the dead one.

The First/Cassie: Spike I have a name it’s Cassie. I really think you should hear it. It’s new and I need some feedback even if it’s from you.

Spike: Can’t too much. Pain is too much.

The First/Cassie: Another time maybe. I got all the time in the world being dead. Maybe I’ll see you in a little while. I know where to find you. Bye Spike (disappears).

Spike: No more. Can’t help because I always hurt the girl, no making the girls cry. They always cry because of me. No more fighting. I must pay for hurting the girl again.

Cut to:
Buffy is finishing up with her last student for the day and decides she needs to see if he is still in the school basement. She walks over to the basement door entrance and looks for him. Spike is still in the basement and he sees Buffy walking toward him. He tries to hide from her and but has nowhere to go so he sits against a chain linked fence. She walks up to him.

Spike: I don’t trust what I see anymore. I keep seeing people and hearing voices. I hear voices of different people. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I don’t know if I can continue to fight this before I go completely sack of hammers like Dru. I am starting to see things like her now.

Buffy: Spike.

Spike: This thing Buffy whatever it is beneath us is bad. I’m in deep trouble with it.

Buffy: I can help you.

Spike: I could never ask you not after…

Buffy: It’s different. You’re different.

Spike: Am I? How could I ever ask you for anything?

Buffy: Spike, it’s me. It’s you and me, and we’ll get through this.

Spike: No…

Buffy: We’ll get through this.

Spike sees someone else coming toward him and its Buffy.

Buffy: Spike. This basement is killing you. This is the Hellmouth. There is something bad down here, possibly everything bad.

Spike: (looks up at Buffy and then back down) I can’t hear you. Can’t hear you.

Buffy: You have a soul? Fine. Show me.

Spike: Say what you like pet but I deserve to be here.

Buffy: Get up and get out of this basement.

Spike: I have nowhere else to go. This is where I belong. Old evil William stays on the Hellmouth.

Buffy: I am not listening to this. I am tried of you feeling sorry for yourself. Come with me because I am taking you out of here.

Spike: Bloody sunshine and paradise.

Buffy: (sighs) No. I’m taking you to Xander’s.

Spike: Can’t leave really, this is my new home. Where I deserve to stay.

Buffy: Is there something keeping you down here?

Spike: From beneath you it devours. Its coming Buffy.

Buffy: I know that Spike. That’s why I need your help. Get out of this basement so you can help us.

Spike: Thanks for stopping by. This one’s on me. Go gallop away on your high horse now.

Buffy: Spike of all the things. I know that you are a lot of things Spike but now I can add something new to the list. And that’s quitter. Are you quitting on me Spike? Are you just gonna let this thing beat us while you stay down here in your grave of pity. We are in the fight of our lives and I need your help now more than ever.

Spike: Can’t be of any use to you because I always hurt the girl. Hurt too many to be of much use.

Buffy: Spike you didn’t hurt me this time. You just disappointed me.

Spike: Anything else to say? Can I be in peace with all the rest?

Buffy: (sighs) You were better when you didn’t have a soul. At least he was still able to fight back. All you can do is just sit here. See you around Spike (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy arrives back home at her house and goes straight to her room. She has a seat on her bed and wonders if Spike will snap out of whatever he’s going through. Spike is going through a lot right now and Buffy is beginning to realize how bad it must be for him. He got his soul for her and now it’s causing him so much pain and hurt. She is starting to realize that he will forever be a changed person now that he has a soul. But she doesn’t know what he has changed into. Will he be stuck in the basement forever? She really needs Spike right now in this fight that she’s in but she knows that she can’t force him to help. It seems like he’s given up and doesn’t want any of her help. But she has other things that she needs to focus on right now. Xander walks in.

Xander: So when are we going to pick up my new house guest?

Buffy: He’s going to stay in the basement. He doesn’t want to leave.

Xander: Great, nice dark basement. And away from me works out perfectly. Now I don’t have to worry about him cramping my style. Not that it was all that great to begin with but…

Buffy: Spike still needs our help Xander. Something is making him crazy in the basement. I don’t know if it’s just his soul or what but he needs help.

Xander: Perhaps the psychic hotline or the suicide hotline for evil vampires who like to kill and attempt to ra…

Buffy: (cuts him off) Xander!

Xander: Look if he wants to stay in the basement that’s his decision. I think that right now he is far away from us and especially you. Let him has his fun in basement as long as he isn’t hurting you.

Buffy: Something is going on with him and we need to help him. I think that he needs a little more time to figure it out for himself. I am not just going to leave him there.

Cut to:
Spike is roaming around the basement and is being followed by himself. He sees an exact image of himself and knows that he can’t face looking at another Spike. Finally Spike is cornered by The First and he starts talking to him.

The First/Spike: You know you should have taken up the Slayer on her offer.

Spike: You are not him.

The First/Spike: The Slayer really thinks she can stop us. But I am coming and it shall be fun watching her fail.

Spike: No we don’t hurt her. We don’t hurt Buffy. No one hurts Buffy.

The First/Spike: You really think that you can help her. You can’t help yourself. You enjoy being down here don’t you.

Spike: Belong here. All evil beings are down here. No other place for me. Hate this place and I hate me. I need to be in control again. I need these voices to stop. No good to anyone until the voices stop.

The First/Spike: But we killed all those voices Spike. I watched your face when you did it. You enjoyed every bit of the crying and the screams we caused. Now you want them to stop.

Spike: I was different then. I was a monster. All a monster could do then was killing. And I killed but now I can’t enjoy what I did. It’s too much blood for one monster. Too many screams. They all cried because it’s no fun if they don’t cry. I hate making them cry now.

The First/Spike: You can’t tell me that our time in Europe wasn’t the best of show. Remember you didn’t do it just for us. You did it for (morphs into Druscilla) me.

Spike: No. You are not her.

The First/Druscilla: Poor weakling you are. All the screams for me. I loved them. How you made the little ones scream for mummy and daddy. Always shared them with me.

Spike: I did that because it was what you wanted. Screams were not for me only you. Now they won’t stop.

The First/Druscilla: You want the screams to stop. Flying through your head. I can make them stop.

Spike: Please make them stop. Make it so I don’t hurt anymore.

The First/Druscilla: Can’t not for you. Not yet. You made me very angry. You left me for her. Now she doesn’t want you. No one wants you. Little Spike is all alone.

Spike: Tell me how to make them stop. They won’t stop every since I got it back. It only burns now with hurt.

The First morphs back into Spike.

The First/Spike: I didn’t want that bloody spark in me. You just thought you get back our soul and the Slayer would jump in our arms. It’s all bloody your fault why we are here.

Spike: I thought it was what she wanted. What she needed. The only thing I didn’t have that made me fit.

The First/Spike: We kill her kind. We kill Slayers and you go off and fall in love with one you bloody disappoint me. I was once a great warrior. I killed so many and left my mark everywhere I went. Now you bloody ruined the whole party. First the chip. Can’t hurt another living person. So what, I should start fighting demons. I am a demon. Then you have the guff to fight along with the Slayer instead of killing her. You lost your fire. The passion for the kill.

Spike: The chip stopped me from hurting anyone. I didn’t ask for it. It was what they put into me. Fighting was the only thing I was good at. So I fought demons because I couldn’t hurt her. I longed to kill her then but now I see things clearer. I have the fire and it burns inside me. Only thing it does is burn.

The First/Spike: This soul of yours is the real deal. You thought it wasn’t going to hurt once you got it back. I was quite happy without one. But I know what you really want. You think it’s gone but it never goes away. We might have a soul but it still breathes inside you. The need for the kill.

Spike: No. I need this to stop. I need these voices to stop.

The First/Spike: I can help stop the pain. The hurt and all of it. But you have to do something for me.

Spike: I can’t hurt anymore. I don’t want to cause anymore hurt.

The First/Spike: All you have to do is be your true self again. Once you do we can both be happy again.

Spike: I am a new man now. I don’t want to do that anymore. Nothing you can say will change that.

The First/Spike: What would mum think of us now?

Spike: Mum?

Cut to:
Buffy is in the living room with Willow and Dawn. They are discussing how they need to find out more information about what they are going up against. Buffy suggests that they are going to need a lot more help.

Dawn: We got only what like five people on our side right now.

Buffy: That’s why we need all the help we can get right now. I already tried to get a hold of Giles and no luck so far.

Willow: We still don’t know exactly what we are up against Buffy. So far we only got your dreams to go off of and my feelings too that something bad is coming.

Buffy: We don’t know when Xander and Anya are going to be ready to help out in full force so we need to give them some space right now. But there is someone that we need to help right now. We need him in this fight. We need Spike. (they both look at Buffy) He needs our help right now. He’s going crazy in the basement.

Willow: Last time I checked crazy vampires don’t make the best help. They are after all― crazy.

Dawn: Why should we help him at all? Let him stay down there in the basement.

Buffy: It’s not just a basement Dawn it’s the Hellmouth. Something is keeping him down there. He’s different now since he came back. I know it.

Willow: He has a soul now.

Buffy: Yes, and that’s why we need to help him.

Dawn: What does that mean exactly? He has a soul but he’s still Spike isn’t he?

Buffy: I don’t know what it means really. But I know that it can’t be easy for him right now.

Dawn: Why are you so worried about Spike right now? You are not going to start up the whole…

Buffy: No, a thousand servings of no. It’s different. I know he wants to help but he can’t right now.

Willow: Why did he decide to stay in the basement? Did he suddenly develop a Xander allergy?

Buffy: Whatever it is it’s driving him crazy. Something is messing with him big time.

Cut to:
The First is talking to Spike trying to get him under their control. Spike is trying to fight back but is having a hard time doing so.

The First/Spike: You haven’t forgotten about her have you?

Spike: Please no bringing her up. She’s gone and there’s no need to bring up the past.

The First/Spike: You killed her, not me. I wanted to make her well. But you were the one to kill her.

Spike: I had to. She was completely mad. I couldn’t let anyone see her like that.

The First/Spike: Do you hear her in your head? Can you hear what she is telling you?

Spike: Not listening to her. She has no words for me.

The First/Spike: All the women in our lives sing songs. Such lovely tunes, pleasing to the ears aren’t they. You remember my song don’t you (morphs into Druscilla) let them scream for me. Louder! Louder! Oh you are making this so delicious Spike.

Spike: Don’t sing to your tune anymore.

The First/Druscilla: You are so weak now. Who made you so weak. I know who make my Spike so weak (morphs into Buffy) it was me.

Spike: Not helping luv. None of you is helping at all. I need to stop them. Stop the hurt.

The First/Buffy: Spike I don’t think anyone is listening to your babbling. I don’t listen to anything you say. You really need some serious help Spike. I know that you want me to help you.

Spike: I do need your help. I’ll do what you ask if you make the voices stop.

The First/Buffy: Are you ready to become who I know you are? You ready to get to work Spike. First thing I need you to do is get out of this basement and get some fresh air.

Spike: If I do this will the hurt stop. Will I stop them from talking to me.

The First/Buffy: Yes Spike, it will all get better for you and me. Come on and let’s go for a walk.

Spike walks out of the basement and is followed by The First.

Cut to:
Spike is walking around the college campus at night. He isn’t going anywhere in particular and seems to be walking around aimlessly. He takes a seat on a bench and The First sits next to him.

The First/Buffy: I love this place. So many different types of people in one place and time is great. I think that you should get to know someone here.

Spike: No one is here. It’s just the two of us and them. You said the voices would stop and the hurt would go away.

The First/Buffy: Spike I did say that didn’t I? Well Spike like I said earlier if you just let go and be the person I know you to be everything will become so much simpler. Everything will be clear. Just like old times.

Spike: Where should I look? Where can I find it? Is it here?

The First/Buffy: You’re just in luck. Look over there (points) do you see her. She has everything you’ve been looking for. Why don’t we go and have a chat with her.

Spike: She can take the hurt away? She has the power to do that? (stands) I’ll ask her to take the pain away.

Spike starts to walk toward a college girl who is walking alone back toward her place. She doesn’t notice Spike who is slowly catching up with her. She is walking along a small path on campus and Spike catches up to her.

Spike: You really shouldn’t be here walking alone.

College Girl: (starts walking faster) Kinda noticed that. I really need to get back it’s late.

Spike: But she said you have something for me.

College Girl: Uh what are you talking about? Who said I have something for you? I don’t know even know who you are or what your name is?

Spike: (walks in front of her) Right I’m Spike. I need your help.

College Girl: Spike, I don’t know you so please get out of my way.

Spike: Please help me. She said that you would do it. Help me and I’ll leave.

College Girl: (tries to walk around him) I’m sorry but I can’t give you what you need, whatever it is. I have to go.

Spike: (grabs her arm) What’s your name. I need to know your name because you are the one who is going to make them stop. Help me stop the hurt.

College Girl: It’s Jasmine. Let go of me or I’m gonna scream.

Spike: (lets her go) Jasmine make them go away. She said you could.

Jasmine runs away from Spike. He stands there for a second and doesn’t know what to do.

Spike: Why did she leave you said that she was going to help?

The First/Buffy: You need to follow her before she gets away. Hurry up now before she gets home.

Spike takes off after her and is in pursuit of Jasmine who panics as she sees Spike following her. She runs behind a building and tries to hide behind a dumpster. Spike knows she nearby and goes immediately to her. She screams as Spike grabs her and pushes her up against a wall.

Jasmine: (cries) Please let me go.

Spike: I don’t want the hurt. Make the voices go away.

Jasmine: I don’t know what you want me to do. I can’t do that for you.

Spike: (pushes her up against the wall again) I just need them to stop. They won’t stop.

Jasmine: Please your hurting me.

The First/Buffy: It doesn’t look like she wants to help you. Maybe you need to teach her a lesson.

Spike: (turns his head) Why doesn’t she want to help me? I thought you said she would make it better.

The First/Buffy: Well I did too but she is just being a selfish bitch. You know what I want you to do.

Spike: I can’t. Don’t want to cause anymore hurt.

Jasmine: Then let me go.

The First/Buffy: Go on and make her pay. You know you wanna. Go and be the man I know you are. It’s so easy you’ve done it so many times before. Once you do you’ll feel better I promise.

Spike: No, not like this.

The First/Buffy: What did I say Spike? Just do this little thing and everything will be like it was. Just one bite, I won’t tell anyone.

Spike: (yells) No! (let’s go of Jasmine) I can’t hurt anymore.

Jasmine runs away scared. Spike just stands there punching the wall in anger.

The First/Buffy: I thought it was what you wanted.

Spike: No more hurt to stop the hurt.

The First/Buffy: What makes you think you have a choice here? I was gonna make it easy for you make it real simple but you messed that up. Now we have to do it the hard way.

Spike: I don’t want to do this anymore. I’m gonna stop listening to you.

The First/Buffy: Will you listen to me then (morphs into Spike’s mother) son you don’t look well. Want me to make it all better.

Spike sees his mother and runs off. The First just stands there and smiles.

Cut to:
Buffy is at the school and is ready to go home but decides she needs to see Spike. She gets up and walks toward the basement door and enters. She has a look around and doesn’t see him so she calls out for him. She doesn’t get an answer so she decides that maybe he needs some more time to think things through. She goes back up the stairs and leaves.

Cut to:
Spike is back in a small corner of the basement and is walking around in circles trying to make the voices stop. Suddenly The First shows up and talks to him.

The First/Spike: You know this isn’t going to get better until you let us help you (morphs into Buffy) I really want to help you Spike. But you have to listen and do what I say.

Spike: No listening to you. I will not listen to you. I’d rather listen to them than to you.

The First/Buffy: You just gonna stay here forever and not let me help you. No one wants to help you. No one wants poor Spike. No one wants anything to do with you. But me.

Spike: (covers his ears) Not listening…

The First/Buffy: Fine Spike looks like we are gonna have to find someone you will listen to (morphs into his Mother).

Spike: You are not my mother.

The First/Mother: William I want you to know that I forgive you my son for killing me. You made me so proud by turning me into a creature of the night. I’d only wish that I could have experienced more of it.

Spike: I’m sorry for what I did to you. I made a horrible mistake. That life wasn’t meant for you.

The First/Mother: Son you always made me proud. I could always trust you could make the right decisions in life. I taught you well.

Spike: Stop this. Mother this isn’t you. I don’t want to remember you like this. You were always a kind woman. Not the demon that I remember.

The First/Mother: Is that what you think of me now? I am demon to you. I gave you life and you gave me another life. But you also ended it.

Spike: (walks away) I am not gonna talk about this with you.

The First/Mother: Do you remember how I used to walk you to school every morning? Everyday I walked little William to school hand and hand. You never wanted to let me go once we were at school. You said to me “Mother please don’t leave me. I don’t want to go to school today. The other children are mean”. What did I tell you son how you must be a big boy now. You were a young man and you still asked me to walk you to school. Did I ever tell you no? Now you don’t want to listen to your own mother. You are such a terrible son to disobey his mother.

Spike: Mother please…I don’t want this.

The First/Mother: Son can you grant one last wish to your poor old mother. Just one last thing and I will leave and be in peace. Don’t you want me to be at peace dear William.

Spike: I do, but you are not her. I know that you are not her. My mother was a great woman that never talked to me this way. She had the kindest touch and the most beautiful voice. Not like you.

The First/Mother: How must I prove it to you son? I know how I can make everything better just like I used to before I became sick. Do you remember how?

Spike: No. I don’t want to hear it…

The First/Mother: I’ll sing your favorite song for you William. You haven’t forgotten it have you. It was your favorite song I sang you since I gave birth to you.

Spike: (covers his ears and starts rambling to himself) All I want is this to go away…all a terrible nightmare…wake up…wake up…wake up…

The First/Mother: (starts singing) Early one morning…just as the sun was rising…

Spike: (starts to throw stuff around) Stop this…

The First/Mother: (continues singing) Oh don’t deceive me…oh never leave me…

Spike: (vamps out and continues to throw and break things) Please, stop this mother…

The First/Mother: (singing) How could you use a poor maiden so…

Spike: (continues to break things) Enough I do what you ask if you stop.

The First/Mother: That’s my William…that’s what mother was looking for. Are you ready to make mother proud one last time…

Spike: As always…

Cut to:
Buffy goes home and has a talk with Willow about Spike.

Willow: Are you sure that you want Spike around? Can we really trust him?

Buffy: I know he wants to help but something is happening to him. We need him in this fight.

Willow: Buffy if he’s crazy like you said I’m not sure if he will make the best partner in this.

Buffy: Look he helped earlier like with the guy Anya turned into a worm and he helped with trying to save Cassie. I know he wants to help. He’s just going through some stuff right now and we need to help him. I tried to look for him earlier and I couldn’t find him and it’s starting to worry me.

Willow: Do you think he is on the loose. Crazy vampire walking around would definitely be making more headlines wouldn’t he?

Buffy: He doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He’s can’t anyways if he wanted to. Remember the chip. But him walking around by himself does scare me a little though.

Willow: Are you sure that he wasn’t in the basement?

Buffy: I had a look around but I didn’t see him. I don’t know where he would go though. I think I need to have a look for him. I’m going to go patrol and see if I run into him. Can you stay here if he happens to come by?

Willow: What do you want me to do if he shows up, lock him up here until you get back?

Buffy: No just keep him busy until I get back. I don’t think he will show up here though. Thanks Will (leaves).

Cut to:
Spike is walking around the streets and is followed by The First. They walk toward the Bronze. They wait across the street and The First tells him not to go in but to wait outside for someone to come out. Someone walks out alone and The First tells him to follow. A guy walks toward his car and Spike walks up to him.

Spike: I’m sorry I can’t do this.

Guy: Excuse me. Can I help you?

Spike: This is too much for me. Please don’t make me do this.

The First/Spike: You remember what Mother said. Now do what she asks.

Spike vamps out and the guy gets scared and tries to run. But Spike grabs him and slams him into the car. He throws him on the floor and picks him up. He tries to bite him but hesitates. The First starts to sing and Spike goes crazy and bites him. The First smiles as he watches him. Spike suddenly drops the guy and realizes what he done. He runs off in shock.

Cut to:
Spike is back in the basement in disbelief to what happened. He doesn’t believe what he just did. He starts talking to himself.

Spike: Wasn’t me…really wasn’t…can’t be me…I know I didn’t…not hardly useful…

He continues to talk to himself for awhile.

Cut to:
Buffy the next morning turns on the news and sees a newsflash about someone who was killed by a neck wound. The victim looks as if something or someone bite him and he died from massive blood lost. Buffy is shocked to hear this and wonders to herself if Spike had anything to do with this. She immediately turns off the TV when Dawn comes in.

Dawn: Ready to go Buffy.

Buffy: (calms herself) Yeah be right with you.

Cut to:
Buffy is at her desk and is wondering about Spike all day. She keeps looking at the clock to see if school is over so she can look for Spike again in the basement. Finally school is over and she goes immediately to the basement looking for Spike. She looks for Spike and calls out for him. She again doesn’t see him but she continues to look for him. Buffy finds him sitting against a wall in the basement. He doesn’t move or react to seeing her.

Buffy: Spike I need to talk to you. Spike…

Spike just sits there staring blankly ahead.

Buffy: (sighs) Spike I have to ask you this. Where were you last night? I was looking for you yesterday and I couldn’t find you. Did you leave and go somewhere?

Spike continues to ignore Buffy. She starts to get angry and crouches next to him.

Buffy: What’s wrong with you Spike? What’s going on? What’s happening to you down here?

Suddenly The First appears behind Buffy. Spike looks up to look and Buffy sees his reaction to something and talks to him again.

Buffy: I want you to leave and get out of this basement whatever is happening to you is doing this to you down here. This basement can’t be good for you.

Spike: (to The First) I did what you wanted and the pain went away but only for a second. I don’t think I could do this anymore.

Buffy: Did you finally get out of this basement? Where did you go last night?

Spike: (to The First) Why didn’t the hurt stop? Why did you lie to me?

Buffy: Tell me what happened? I’m not leaving until you tell me what happened last night.

The First/Buffy: Tell me Spike I so want to hear what you did last night.

Spike: (covers his ears) Not listening…I don’t hear you…

Buffy: (stands) You need more help than I think I can give you right now. I’ll check back on you later (leaves).

The First/Buffy: I did exactly what you asked to me to do Spike. You wanted the pain to go away and it did. Right when you sang your teeth into that guy last night. Wasn’t it great not to feel that hurt anymore? Now all you have to do is keep on doing it and eventually the hurt will go away forever. Doesn’t that sound like a plan Spike?

Cut to:
Buffy is home talking to Dawn and Xander telling them that Spike needs her help now more than ever.

Buffy: Guys Spike is in serious trouble and needs our help. I think he went out last night and left the basement by himself and he must’ve done something bad. I’m just not sure what.

Xander: Crazy vampires roaming freely, definitely not good news.

Dawn: What do insane vampires like to do for fun? I doubt he could go anywhere and not make a scene.

Buffy: We need to drag him out of that basement and so he can tell us what been happening to him. Xander we’re gonna need to bring him to your place.

Xander: Look I know nimrod can’t hurt me. But I’m not sure he is completely house trained to stay at my place.

Buffy: Xander he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. I know it. He’s just adjusting to his new soul.

Dawn: Not having a soul since forever and then getting one must do stuff to you.

Buffy: He keeps talking like he’s there but not there sometimes. It’s like he keeps hearing voices in his head and has to respond to them.

Xander: At least he will never be lonely. He has a talk radio show inside his head that never ends.

Buffy: Xander I need you to go home and make things ready for Spike to stay there. Dawn I want you to go to bed.

Dawn: Why it’s still so early?

Buffy: Please Dawn just go to bed. Are you ready Xander?

Xander: Ready for the Oscar nominated craziest vampire of the year, sure you bet.

Cut to:
Spike is in the basement feeling extremely guilty for what he did. The First is not making things any easier on him as he tries to block out all the voices in his head from talking to him.

The First/Buffy: Spike how long you are just gonna sit here while I have already told you how to stop all those voices in your head. The ball has already started rolling Spike. I know that the need is still building up inside you. How about we go and fill that need some more tonight?

Spike: Can’t do it, much to busy to handle that. Please go away.

The First/Buffy: Spike you always have time for me don’t you. I know a place that is perfect this time at night. Let’s take a walk down the promenade. There are plenty of people who can help you. They can feed your need and make the voices go away.

Spike: Don’t like that idea much. Too much pain involved. Through with the pain, through with all of it. Through with you.

The First/Buffy: How could you say a thing like that? You wanted me to help you and I did. You wanted the voices and the pain to stop and it did. I did exactly what you asked me to do. Come on Spike. I can make them go away forever.

Spike: How exactly? How much more pain must I cause to stop mine? Not bloody worth. Not in the least bit worth it.

The First/Buffy: They will only get louder Spike the more you hold out. I am offering you a way out. You can be on the first cab off this insanity road of yours. If you don’t start now there is nothing anyone can do to save you. Do you know why the moment you sang your teeth into that guy last night everything was quiet. Only when you embrace the need inside you will it go away. Then they won’t bother you anymore.

Spike: There has to be another way. Can’t be the only exit. Must be another one around. I can’t accept this any further.

The First/Buffy: You’re the only one not seeing the big picture here Spike. What are those voices in your head telling you? Aren’t they saying that you are a killer? You know you are so accept it. I know you are and I always believe that you will be. The only person fighting this you. (morphs into Spike) I accept it but I can’t do it for the both of us anymore now can I. Your the last one mate.

Spike: Really not sure I can keep fighting this any longer. Who am I to argue with everyone? I’ve always made terrible decisions my whole life. You all must be right about me.

The First/Spike: How’s about we take a walk? Just the two of us.

Spike: Ok, I think I am beginning to understand now. I know what needs to be done.

Spike starts to walk out of the basement and is ready to do whatever is necessary to calm the voices and the hurt. He is determined to end his endless nightmare. So he starts to listen to The First and is no longer able to resist as everyone is calling him a killer and he starts to believe he still is one. He reaches the front of the school and Buffy sees him. She quickly walks up to him.

Buffy: Spike, off to another evening stroll. Mind if I tag along.

The First/Spike: Tell the Slayer that you are just going to have a night on the town and feeling better. No need for her putting you on a leash. Let her know you want her to piss off for now.

Spike: (nods) I’m feeling much better Buffy. I need some fresh air from the damn basement and I don’t need you to holding my hand while I go for a walk. I’m very capable of going out on my own.

Buffy: You seem a lot different than last time I saw you Spike. What’s going on? You were ready to give up last time I saw you. Now all of a sudden you are not attached at the hip to the basement anymore.

Spike: No need to worry luv. Now run along and be on your way. I need a bit of alone time while I go for a walk. I’ll be seeing you Buffy.

Buffy: Spike I think that you need some more time to figure things out. I don’t think that you need to be walking around by yourself in case something happens. Maybe you should come with me to Xander’s place and you can…

Spike: I don’t want your sympathy Buffy or your pity. I can take care of myself. I’m over that little bit of craziness I was going through in the basement earlier.

Buffy: I just want to help you. I want to make sure that you’re alright.

The First/Spike: Let us be on our way. The Slayer won’t stop us. Not much further until we can be ourselves again.

Spike walks off without acknowledging Buffy and just leaves her standing there. She decides to let him go but to follow him and make sure that he doesn’t get into any trouble. He heads toward the promenade looking for someone to take the pain away from him.

Cut to:
Spike is walking along the promenade looking for someone who catches his attention. The First is also with him walking behind him. He finally sees someone that he likes and goes over to her. He introduces himself and tells her that he would like to get to know her. She leaves with him and they walk over toward a bench and sit down. Buffy is watching them from a distance. She is peeking around the corner of a building watching what Spike is up to. She begins to get bored watching Spike and another woman talking and laughing. She wants to leave but then suddenly they both get up and she watches them walk away. They walk through a crowd of people and Buffy loses sight of them. She tries to look for them but can’t find them. Eventually Spike and the woman end up in an alley.

College Girl: So, your name is Spike. Is that a nick-name or what?

Spike: Just a name I gave myself long ago.

College Girl: Sounds like you have been a bad boy…

Spike: I’ve never been a bad boy. I’ll admit to being a bit naughty recently though.

College Girl: Hmm…what kinda naughty.

Spike: You really want to know?

Spike goes in to whisper in her ear when suddenly The First shows up behind her.

The First/Buffy: Tell me…no show me how naughty you’ve been.

Spike proceeds to bite the woman without The First singing to him. This is the time that Spike does it without thinking following his instincts. She tries to yell but no one can hear her. Finally Spike drinks all her can from her and lets her go. She’s dead and Spike looks over at The First.

The First/Buffy: See how easy that was? You don’t need my help anymore. You are becoming what I always said you were and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I don’t think we should leave her here where someone might find her.

Spike proceeds to carry the woman away. Buffy eventually finds her way to the alley and finds no trace of either one of them because it is dark. She walks away disappointed that she couldn’t keep track of him and goes home.

Cut to:
Spike is back in the basement talking to The First. This time he doesn’t have any regrets as he feels his mind clearing finally of the voices that were haunting him.

The First/Spike: My work here is done. We finally are our old selves again. Doesn’t it feel great not to have to think about the hurt? All silenced because we are back. (morphs into Drusilla) Daddy, is it really you? You returned to mummy. Never forgot us. Our song will always play. Screams of joy will always play for us. But you found a new mummy to replace me. Just treat her like me. Make new mummy happy like you did me for so long. (morphs into Buffy) I really have to hand it to you. You’re really everything I thought you could be. No more this stupid act of trying to be noble. I always needed some bit of monster in my man and you’ve given it to me. Still no one is prouder of what you are than (morphs into his mother) me. William dearest, my song will always hum for you because I will always be a part of you. I will live on my son through my song and your blood. I carried you and brought you into this world of light. You helped bring me into the world of dark. I see things much clearer now. You too must keep on in this world to make mum proud. I am so proud of you to return to me. But I’m finally ready to let you go off into the world again. I’ve helped you my son and freed you from this torment of a soul. No longer will it harm you as long as you stay true to yourself. Goodbye my son. Mum will always love you (disappears).

Spike’s insanity has reached its peak as he fully believes in what he is doing. No longer does he feel any guilt or pain from his soul and memories. The First has convinced him that being a monster is the only way he can free himself.

Cut to:
Buffy once again ends her school day and goes to look for Spike. She finds him sitting calmly in a corner of the basement. She walks up to him to confront him about last night.

Buffy: So where did you end up going last night after we talked?

Spike: Took myself a nice walk along the promenade. Quite a soothing experience I must say.

Buffy: Did you did anything or talk to anyone?

Spike: Nothing special.

Buffy notices his calm and cool demeanor.

Buffy: You seem different somehow. Is everything Ok?

Spike: Doing fine and how are you.

Buffy: Much better now that I found you. It seemed for awhile that you were here but not here. Like some part of you was always off somewhere else. Yet I look at you now and wonder what happened and why the sudden change.

Spike: Everything always seems a bit clearer after you can finally accept things for how they are. I know who I am and accept everything that comes along with it now. No more pain because my soul is finally giving me peace.

Buffy: I’m glad to hear that so does that mean you are finally gonna come out of this basement. Will you finally help me in this fight I’m in against whatever is beneath us?

Spike: I’ll be glad to do what I do best. I can leave now as there is no reason for me to stay here.

Buffy: Great you’re coming with me to Xander’s place.

Spike: Nice to see that I’m moving up in the world. You sure that bloke wants me as his room mate?

Buffy: We’ve talked it over and it will be fine. He’s expecting you.

They both walk out of the basement together but Buffy still has something she needs to get off her chest.

Buffy: Spike there was a person who was bitten and left for dead the other night. Do you know anything about it?

She tries to pay attention to his reaction.

Spike: (calmly) No, I don’t know anything about that.

Buffy: (suspicious) What about last night? I saw you with someone but I didn’t see where you went afterward. Where did you go?

Spike: We talked and I got bored so we parted ways.

Buffy: That’s it. You just talked and that’s it.

Spike: (offended) Are you trying to imply something here?

Buffy: No it’s just that…

Spike: What, I’m just the one person you can blame for everything in this bloody town. I had nothing to do with that guy getting his neck chewed off. Last night I went out and chatted it up with a bird I liked until she bored me. There is nothing else to talk about.

Buffy: Alright fine. I just needed to know that I can count on you.

Spike: You can count on me…to make you proud. I’ll be exactly what you want me to be…Buffy.

They walk off together toward Xander’s place. Buffy still has something inside that tells her something is wrong with Spike but hopes that this calmer Spike will prevail. Spike goes with Buffy knowing that she is starting to trust him. His insanity leads him to believe that Buffy ultimately still believes him to be a monster and is setting him up for failure. He doesn’t want to disappoint her.




fin





I think that if Spike stayed in the basement a lot longer he would have eventually turned insane. Buffy still wants to help him because of his soul and her belief that he can be a better person. I think his wanting the hurt and pain to end would ultimately drive him to do anything to get rid of it. So tell me what did you thought. Was it good or bad? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.





Buffy: Great no power in the house…Dawn…Willow…anyone…do I have to do everything around here…where did I put those candles…there we go…some nice light in the house…where the hell is everyone…don’t tell me they’re all asleep…Ok that makes sense no one in the house…did they all go out without me…phone’s dead too…something is going on here…what the hell was that…(picks up a stake)…is someone here…(walks to her room)…I know someone’s in there…and you better not be stealing my stuff…(opens the door)…what the hell are you doing here…I thought I told you to stay at Xander’s…
Me & My BuffyBot by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you want me to make this into a longer one if you like it.
Me & My Buffybot



Spike is walking home from Warren’s house with the Buffybot as the she is holding onto him and rubbing up against him. He tests her by asking her a series of questions about herself.

Spike: So where do you live…Buffy?

BuffyBot: Why I live in Sunnydale silly.

Spike: Uh huh, so what is it do you do?

BuffyBot: (excited) I’m a Slayer. I’m the Slayer of evil things.

Spike: What does being a Slayer allow you to do pet?

BuffyBot: Why being a Slayer I have all these strengths and abilities and can use them any way I desire.

Spike: And what is it that you desire?

BuffyBot: (looks at him) You, Spike and only you. I want you so much. You’ll all that I desire.

Cut to:
After Spike has some fun with the BuffyBot in his crypt he wants to make sure it is just like how he wants Buffy to be. He stands circling the BuffyBot asking her questions.

Spike: You like it here don’t you Slayer?

BuffyBot: I do. I love being here with you. That’s why I’m always finding reasons to come here.

Spike: That’s why you are always coming here asking for my help or information about this and that. But I know the real reason you come here.

BuffyBot: Oh you found me out. I can’t lie to you anymore. I always find a lame excuse to be with you.

Spike: You trust me Slayer?

BuffyBot: I trust you Spike. More than I do my own friends because they are so weak and stupid.

Spike: My thoughts exactly. You need someone like me in your life. You like the danger.

BuffyBot: You are so dangerous Spike. You scare me so much because you’re so bad and evil.

Spike: But isn’t your mission to kill evil demons and what not.

BuffyBot: My mission is to make you happy.

Spike: No not that one. Your other mission.

BuffyBot: (excited) I’m the Slayer.

Spike: I know that one. So why haven’t you tried to slay me?

BuffyBot: You’re too strong. I could never defeat you.

Spike likes what he sees so far from the BuffyBot. The BuffyBot is responding how he had her programmed. He decides that he is going to the store for some food.

Spike: I’m going to be right back I’m going to the store for some food. You want anything?

BuffyBot: I don’t eat food.

Spike then remembers that he is talking to a robot.

BuffyBot: I like cheese (smiles).

Spike: (to himself) I don’t remember putting that in there. Well just stay here until I come back.

BuffyBot: (excited) Can I come with you?

Spike: No. (tries to come up with an excuse) I want to keep our love a secret.

BuffyBot: (smiles) I can keep a secret.

Spike: Good just stay put and hide if anyone comes knocking.

BuffyBot: What should I do while you are away?

Spike tries to think of something to keep her occupied.

Spike: Why don’t you watch some TV while I’m gone.

BuffyBot: Ok.

She plants herself in front of the TV and Spike puts on his jacket and leaves.

Cut to:
Spike comes back from the store and the BuffyBot jumps when he comes back.

BuffyBot: You’re back and I missed you while you were away.

Spike: Don’t worry luv. I’m back

BuffyBot: Did you know that Diet Coke is refreshing?

Spike: What? You drink Diet Coke?

BuffyBot: I saw it on TV (smiles). Do you want to hear the other stuff they have on TV?

Spike: I don’t want to about it right now.

BuffyBot: (speaking like a robot) Should I store this information or delete it.

Spike: I don’t bloody care what you do with it.

BuffyBot: Ok I will store it then.

Spike: I’m going to eat so since you can’t join me than you just have to watch.

Cut to:
Spike is eating his dinner and the BuffyBot is sitting across from him just smiling. She just sits there watching him eat. It starts to make him uncomfortable.

BuffyBot: I like watching you eat.

Spike: Yeah I know that. (tries to start a conversation) I know that you can’t eat but if you could what would you like?

BuffyBot: (excited) I only want to eat you Spike.

Spike: No I’m talking about food. If you could eat something other than me what would it be?

BuffyBot: (confused) I don’t know what I like to eat. No one programmed me with that information.

Spike is annoyed at her response. He continues eating and she just stays smiling at him. He tries again to talk to her.

Spike: (sighs) So is there anything else you would like to talk about?

BuffyBot: Whatever you like to talk about because you are so interesting.

He has had enough and realizes that he can never have a real conversation with her. He tells her that he wants to have some fun. She’s very excited at the news.

Spike: (gets up) I’ve been a very bad boy.

BuffyBot: (stands) You need to be punished. I’m the only one that can do it.

Spike: So what are you going to do about it.

The Buffybot tackles him and is on top of him holding a stake.

Spike: What are you waiting for? Aren’t you going to stake me?

BuffyBot: I can’t stake you. I want to but I can’t. I feel wrong trying to kill you.

Spike: (smirks) Why is that?

BuffyBot: Because you are an evil fiend and (whispers) I kinda like it.

Spike: So why don’t you want to admit it or tell anyone?

BuffyBot: I think it would be embarrassing to tell my friends and I don’t think they would approve. They think it’s wrong for a Slayer to be with a vampire. (emphatically) Especially an evil one like you.

Spike knocks the stake away from her and then flips her over so he is on top of her.

Spike: How do you want it Slayer?

BuffyBot: Anyway you want it Spike. Just take me now.

Spike: I know what I want but I’m asking you what do you want me to do.

BuffyBot: (confused) I don’t know what I want. I was only programmed to do what you want me to do.

Spike finally takes her to shut her up because he’s not getting the responses that he wants.

Spike: How was it Buffy?

BuffyBot: (emphatically) It was fantastic. You’re the most amazing lover I’ve ever been with.

Spike: What about the others you’ve been with? How they stack up?

BuffyBot: Angel was bloody stupid. He didn’t know what he was doing. Riley was too weak to get the job done. Are you ready to try again with alternate programming?

Spike: No, I need a bit of a breather. You tired me out Slayer.

BuffyBot: I’m always ready for you. You can take me anytime you want.

Spike: You know you really are starting to repeat yourself and sounding like a bloody broken record. Don’t you have anything new to say?

BuffyBot: (excited) I do. Did you know that Diet Coke has zero grams of sugar?

Spike: (annoyed) I don’t care about Diet Coke. Don’t you have anything else to say besides TV commercials?

BuffyBot: (thinks for a second) Tabitha on Passions is a very evil woman.

Spike: What? Bloody Passions is what you’ve been watching. Look how about you practice not speaking for awhile.

She nods and stands there smiling. Spike shakes his head and realizes that she is starting to annoy him almost as much as she turns him on.

Spike: I forgot to pick up some smokes so stay here until I come back. I’ll only be gone a minute.

BuffyBot: Ok (smiles).

Spike leaves to pick up some cigarettes and as soon as he comes back through the door she jumps on top of him.

BuffyBot: Are you ready to make love to me again?

Spike: Look I’m tired (pushes her off of him) I’m gonna go sleep for a bit.

BuffyBot: (disappointed) Do you not desire me anymore?

Spike: Not every second of the day. I need to rest too. Can’t go at it every time you want it.

Spike lays down to rest and the BuffyBot stands over him.

Spike: Look how about you watch some more TV. Just don’t tell me anymore details about what you saw.

The BuffyBot plants herself in front of the TV again and is taking in all of what she sees. Spike is sleeping needing a break from the obsessive robot. About an hour later the BuffyBot jumps on top of him waking him up.

BuffyBot: I watched TV like you asked but then I missed you. I can’t go that long without you touching me.

Spike: Look just get off me…now. (she refuses and tries to kiss him) You know you are making me unhappy.

The BuffyBot finally gets off him trying to make sense of the situation.

BuffyBot: (confused) I don’t understand what’s wrong.

Spike: You need to listen because you aren’t listening to me. You have to start doing exactly what I say from now on.

BuffyBot: I’ll do whatever you ask me to do.

Spike: I’m going to make love to you when I bloody well feel like it and not you. You don’t go and tell me when we do it. Right now I’m tired and going back to sleep. Don’t go about trying to wake me up anymore.

BuffyBot: I’m sorry for upsetting you Spike. I won’t do it again. Please Spike don’t leave me alone anymore because I miss you every time you go away.

Spike: I’ve got things I need to do and I can’t just do it to your schedule. You bloody want it at all times of the day. Whenever I’m sleeping you go and do something else. I don’t care what it is as long as it doesn’t wake me up.

He goes back to sleep thinking about the BuffyBot and how he wants to change her to be more like Buffy instead of a sex crazed robot. He feels empty knowing that he can’t re-program her since Warren is gone so he will have to deal with it for awhile. He first thought it would be fun to have a robot that is completely in love with him and wanted sex all the time. He starts to realize that he really wants Buffy instead. The robot is not responding in the ways his idealized version of Buffy should.





fin






I think it would have been interesting to explore his relationship to the Buffybot more. I think eventually it would have annoyed him so much he would eventually shut it up and tell it to never speak again. He wanted the Buffybot to be this idealized and fantasy version of Buffy that he thought he could duplicate. It obviously didn’t work out. So tell me what you thought. Was it any good or was it bad? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.





Spike: This robot is driving me nuts…I never thought a robot could be this way…it can be a lot of fun but…all the time she’s asking for sex…and is always smiling…sometimes I wonder what is she really thinking when she looks at me…still something else too is off…it doesn’t seem to want to listen to me…it does what it wants…and it keeps on using that damn word program or programming…I just want it to be Buffy…o well…this will just have to do…for now…
Not Such A Simple Choice by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you like this story and want me to make a longer one out of it.
Not Such A Simple Choice



Spike and Angel both show up looking for Buffy again and Andrew answers the door.

Spike: Is Buffy home?

Angel: Is she here?

Andrew: (excited) You two are in luck this time you just caught her before she was about to leave and hangout with the Immortal.

Spike: Great.

Angel: About time.

They both invite themselves in and take a sit on the couch.

Andrew: Hey you two guys wait her and I’ll go get her. (walks toward Buffy’s room and knocks) Buffy you got some visitors.

Buffy: (opens the door) Visitors…who?

Andrew: Uh some old friends of yours. I think it might be important.

Buffy walks out of her room and goes to the living along side of Andrew.

Buffy: What old friends… (spots them both) Oh…

Angel: Buffy I’m glad I was able to reach you in time before you make a big mistake.

Spike: I’m happy just to see you again pet.

Buffy: (confused) What…huh…you and you…here…

Andrew: I think everyone needs a little catching up to do so I’m gonna leave you all three of you alone (leaves).

Buffy is speechless as she just stares at them both.

Angel: The Immortal didn’t put you under some spell or something did he? What am I saying if she was under some spell she wouldn’t know it. Buffy I’m here to tell you that the Immortal is all wrong for you and you shouldn’t be with him. I just want to make sure your alright.

Buffy: (stuttering) How…did you know…about him? How did you find out that we were hanging out?

Spike: You see Buffy, brooding here has been spying on you since you’ve been here.

Buffy: (offended) You’ve been spying on me?

Angel: (annoyed) I was spying exactly as I was more just making sure you were safe and away from any danger.

Buffy: By what, keeping an eye on me making sure I didn’t hang out with anyone you didn’t approve of. Very mature.

Angel: Hey I’m not the worst person here Ok. I had only good intentions. Spike here came back and didn’t even bother to tell you. Now that’s plan being a jerk.

Spike: Buffy he is right and that I have been back awhile and didn’t tell you because…

Buffy: (softly) You’ve been back awhile…

Spike: Yes Buffy but you have to understand that…

Buffy: (angry) You two make me so crazy some times with the things you do. (to Angel) You, you spy on me and act like it’s no big deal. You always come running the minute you hear I’m with someone else. (to Spike) Been back awhile and not even a phone call. Don’t you think I would’ve wanted to know that you survived. (to them both) I gonna settle this right now and you two both better explain yourselves. Spike take a seat while I deal with Angel.

Angel gives Spike a gloating look as she walks to Buffy. Spike sits down disappointed.

Angel: Buffy I’m only trying to protect you…

Buffy: From what, having a life. Being with who I want to be with.

Angel: I only kept an eye on you because I wanted to come anytime you needed my help.

Spike: (yells) Not true. He only came because he couldn’t stand the thought of you being with the Immortal.

Buffy and Angel both give a shut-up look to Spike and he gets the message.

Buffy: So you here now. Tell exactly what I need saving from if it’s not from another guy you don’t like.

Angel: Well the Immortal is someone you need saving from that guy has slept with thousands of women. You don’t need a guy like that in your life because he will just dump you and move on.

Buffy: For the record…I’ve never slept with him. Second we are just hanging out and it’s nothing serious. So is this how it’s gonna be until the end of time. Every time I’m with a guy you're gonna come running and give your two senses in. I don’t want it and I don’t need it. I can make decisions on my own thank you very much.

Angel: Buffy it’s really not like that at all.

Buffy: Really? Should I start listing all the times you’ve done stuff like this before. You’re not in my everyday life anymore and you can’t tell me how to live. I’m sorry but you’re not gonna have your way this time. You can’t expect me to drop everything the minute you show up unannounced in my life and do what you say. I need you to get out of my face right now as I can’t stand to look at you.

Spike takes this as his cue and gets up to walk over to Buffy as Angel takes his seat on the couch. Buffy has her head down and doesn’t see Spike coming toward her and he gently lifts her chin up to make eye contact. She stares at him for a second but has to look away. He grabs her hand and places it on his non-beating heart.

Spike: I’m back Buffy…indeed solid through.

Buffy pauses for a moment before taking her hand back.

Buffy: But you’ve been back awhile.

Angel: (yells) Long while…and he tried to keep it from you because that’s the kind of guy he is.

Buffy and Spike this time give the look to shut-up to Angel.

Buffy: Why on earth would you not tell me you were back?

Spike: Buffy try to understand when I made my exit it was the perfect send-off for me. Your last memory of me would be of a champion and there’s nothing that would be able to top that. They is nothing I could do in the future or no grand entrance for me back into your life that could top that. I went out on top and didn’t think I was coming back because I wanted to see how it all ended.

Buffy: You mean you didn’t even give me the choice to have you back in my life. That wasn’t right for you to not tell me you were back. You let me think that you were out of my life forever without the possibility of seeing you again when you were just hanging out.

Spike: You see Buffy it wasn’t that simple. That amulet brought me back but not as I am now but more like a ghost. I could go through walls and doors but couldn’t exactly pick up the phone. I was stuck with brooding over there and couldn’t escape. It wasn’t until not too recently I got my body back.

Buffy: It doesn’t matter. You should have found some way to tell me.

Angel gets back up to talk to Buffy.

Angel: No matter what you can’t stay with the Immortal. The reasons why read like a prison sentence.

Spike: Look forehead here does make a good point and you need to stay away from him.

Angel: Buffy you should be with a guy who has a soul and who truly loves you and wants to be with you.

Spike: Thanks for making my point exactly. That description fits me perfectly.

Angel: At least I’m taller then you captain peroxide.

Spike: That’s only because you wear lifts.

Buffy: Wait. I can’t believe I didn’t see this earlier. This isn’t about me. This is about you two. I’m just a prize in another childish game between you two. I am not a giant stuffed gorilla you win at a carnival. It’s not gonna happen that way. I’m not choosing either one of you.

Spike: But please don’t pick the Immortal. I rather see you with forehead than with him.

Angel: So I take that as you’re still baking.

Buffy: I want you both to leave and stay out of my life. I can’t stand being around either of you right now.

Angel: Please I don’t want it to end like this.

Spike: Buffy you have to listen to me.

Buffy: No this is it now go.

They both start to walk away disappointed for not being picked.

Buffy: Wait.

They both turn around and Buffy walks up to Angel.

Buffy: I love you.

Angel turns to Spike and gives him a pleased look with himself to rub it in. Spike is disappointed.

Buffy: (goes to Spike) I love you too (Spike is shocked to hear it) believe it. (to both of them) But I’m not choosing between you two.

Buffy opens the door and motions for them to leave. They both walk out.

Buffy: One day if I decide to choose between you two I’ll let you know when I’m good and ready. I’ll come find you (slams the door in their faces).

They both walk away disappointed that they didn’t get picked.

Angel: She can’t possibly be going back to the Immortal.

Spike: That didn’t go right at all.

Angel: Hey she didn’t pick you either.

Spike: I know that but something else wasn’t right in there. Something was…off.

Angel: Look you need to get over it like I have too. And to tell you the truth I too would rather see you two together then the Immortal with her.

Spike: Yeah. But still something I can’t shake. Something in there was wrong. I hope it was just me.

Angel: What are you talking about?

Spike: A smell.

Cut to:
Buffy sits back down on her couch and trying to let it all sink in.

Andrew: (walks back in) That was intense.

Buffy: That had to be one of the toughest moments of my life. The nerve of those guys coming here and putting me in that position. Ugh they drive me nuts. Do you think I did the right thing?

Andrew: I think you did. But personally if I had to choose one of them I would choose Spike. He’s just so much cooler than Angel.

Buffy: You know what I probably would have too. But not just him they both just made me so angry. I don’t really want to talk about it anymore right now.

Andrew: Ok then, are you still gonna go out tonight.

Buffy: I don’t think I’m up to it anymore.

Andrew: I don’t blame you. If I had two ex-boyfriends show up like that I probably would want to stay in for the night too. But Buffy I really got to go. I have a big date tonight that I don’t want to miss (leaves).

Buffy sits alone wondering if she did the right thing or not. Eventually she decides that she did and won’t choose anyone of them right this second and that she will break off hanging out with the Immortal. She decides to call it a night.




fin





This story is something I think would probably happen if in fact Buffy had been home in the end. I don’t think she would have chosen either one of them and probably would have been angry at both of them. Also I do believe that some part of both Angel and Spike treated Buffy as a prize between the two of them. Buffy would probably catch on to it and send them away. So tell me what you thought. Did you like it or did you hate it. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.







Buffy: (looks into her bathroom mirror) I know I did the right thing…I mean…I just couldn’t choose one of them right then and there…it wouldn’t have been fair to either one of them…I still can’t believe they just show up like that…and expect me to make a decision…one thing for is this job just doesn’t get any easier does it…(removes a mask to reveal herself to be another Slayer)…Buffy taught me everything I needed to know to be her but not this…I can’t make decisions like that for her…I’m sure one day Buffy will end up with one of them because she told me how much she loved both of them…I don’t think Buffy needs to know about this one…she’ll probably freak out…funny how this mask and this perfume…scent of Buffy…makes me her…I hope they don’t come back here…
Where Do We Go From Here? by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you like this story and want me to make a longer one out of it.
Where Do We Go From Here?



Buffy: This could be it for us for all of us. I’ve already made my peace with everyone else and now it’s your turn.

Spike: Nice to see that I’m last on a short list.

Buffy: You’re not last. You’re every bit as important to me as they are. Look doesn’t this tell you something? I’m spending what could be my last night with you. Of all the things I could be doing or spending it with. I chose to be with you.

Spike: I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Buffy: How did we get here to this moment, right now?

Spike: You’re asking the wrong person luv. I don’t know either. I am just as amazed as you are.

Buffy: When we first met it wasn’t exactly love at first sight. I mean for God’s sake we tried to kill each other.

Spike: Well I wouldn’t go that far as to say there wasn’t something at first sight. I didn’t know what it was exactly but there was something when I first saw you. I still don’t. But the key word there was try.

Buffy: Look we both got lucky a bunch of times. You more so then me.

Spike: You saying you let me off the hook.

Buffy: No, but really does it matter.

Spike: I guess not. But everything changed back then when I got that bloody chip in my head.

Buffy: Yeah no more hurting people without some nice migraines to accompany them.

Spike: So a fellow has to keep fighting somehow even if it was with you. Fighting against demons was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Buffy: Then of course between fighting with me or against me and trying to get your chip out you fall in love with me.

Spike: I was bloody more surprised then anyone. Me in love with a Slayer. I was sure I had gone mad.

Buffy: When you first told me that I was sure I had gone nuts. I couldn’t believe that I was hearing you say that.

Spike: So what is it a man is suppose to do when he gets rejected like that? I tried to earn your trust and your love but didn’t think it was going anywhere.

Buffy: So let me think, oh yeah let me build a robot instead. You made me into a robot.

Spike: I never thought anyone would ever find out about her. I know she was just a robot but since I couldn’t have you. I was just so crazy back then I needed something to take your place.

Buffy: It was a thing. It could never be me. Nothing about it was real. But I still never forgot what you did for me and Dawn. I know that Glory must’ve done some bad things to you.

Spike: She got really pissed when I told her the key was Bob Barker. I told her how you were gonna kick her lop-sided ass.

Buffy: You know Spike I can’t even begin to tell you how hard it was to know how much you loved me and you always trying to be with me. You were…I mean you know what you were back then but somehow I knew even back then there was some good in you.

Spike: You must’ve been the only one because I didn’t even see it.

Buffy: I trusted you back then even with my family to take care of them. I knew even though you couldn’t hurt them that you would protect them.

Spike: I know that it must’ve been strange having a vampire take care of a Slayers mom and kid sis.

Buffy: I trusted you to protect Dawn when I knew no one else would. I wasn’t gonna let anyone hurt her and I knew that you would never do it. Of course that’s when I died to protect her.

Spike: I was so sorry that I wasn’t able to protect her and had to put you in that position. I blamed myself for a long time.

Buffy: You shouldn’t have because I know that it wasn’t your fault. But when I came back it was just so hard. To know that my friends were the ones that pulled me back from heaven was just more than I could take. I just felt so comfortable with you because I knew that you weren’t a part of it. I cut myself off from everyone because I didn’t want to believe that it was real. The only time I allowed myself to feel anything was when I was with you. When we first kissed that night I just let myself go and feel something anything.

Spike: I remember that night quite well. I was very much in tune unlike everyone else. Quite awful singing voices they have.

Buffy: I hated being back but I couldn’t hate my friends. So I took it out on myself. And you. I couldn’t love you but I could still feel your love for me. When I was with you I just loved acting on impulse and not thinking about being here or thinking about anything else but enjoying the moment.

Spike: You weren’t the only one who enjoyed our little “thing”.

Buffy: But the more I kept going back to you the more I started to hate myself in another way as I was abusing your love.

Spike: You knew I wanted more. But I had to accept the fact you weren’t ever going to give it to me.

Buffy: I know that I may have said some things that and done some things that may have confused you. But I honestly was confused myself to what I was feeling. I did want you because of how you could make me feel but I could never just go out and just give you everything.

Spike: That’s of course when you called it off and meant it.

Buffy: I still tried as hard as I could to see you as just an evil disgusting thing. But some part of me knew that wasn’t completely true.

Spike: Is that why you were jealous when you saw me with other people?

Buffy: Yeah. I still wanted you all to myself. I didn’t want to think of you as a person with feelings. Just something I could just…

Spike: Turn off and on like my robot.

Buffy: Yup. A robot Spike that was my own personal plaything.

Spike: I understand now what you did and can’t really blame you for it at all. Why should you care if a vampire gets his feelings hurt?

Buffy: When you left to get your soul back I had some real tough mixed feelings about it. I didn’t know if I was ever gonna see you again and if I should be jumping up and down about it.

Spike: It was something I needed to do not just for you but for myself. To really prove that I can be a man and not a monster.

Buffy: All that stuff you had to go through and the hurt that it caused you I felt somewhat responsible for. That’s why I helped you and continued to help you even when no one else wanted too.

Spike: You don’t have to feel responsible because you didn’t owe me anything. It was me who owed you so much.

Buffy: I just knew when I saw you that you were different. I knew that you could be a good man. Even when you lost control for awhile I never gave up hope. I believed in you and still do.

Spike: I had hoped you were gonna kill me. Would have been no better ending than to be killed by you. After all you deserved to be able to do that. But when they came and took me away it was you that kept me going. Your belief in me.

Buffy: Still you were the only one that still believed in me too after everyone threw me out. It was your strength that let me get the scythe. And now it’s gonna help us win.

Spike: I was only returning the favor.

Buffy: This is all starting to make some sense now. This, us, I’m finally starting to get it and understand it. It’s that I don’t get it and don’t understand it. I think it’s because I’m still holding back when I’m with you. It’s not gonna be until I stop holding back things are gonna get clearer. But the reason is…I don’t want to get hurt again.

Spike: I could never hurt you again and I hope you know that.

Buffy: I know that and that’s why if we make it through this tomorrow I’m finally gonna stop holding back and give you an answer that you deserve. One way or the other I gonna tell you whether we have a future together.

Spike: That’s fine with me and I’ll be waiting.

Buffy: If I tell you a secret will you promise not to tell anyone?

Spike: I promise.

Buffy: (quietly) When we first met I knew there was something between us but I always tried to ignore it.

Spike: Buffy it wasn’t really a secret because I kind of already knew.

Buffy: (offended) You did not. No one knew.

Spike: I felt the vibes even then.

Buffy: (embarrassed) You’re lying I never send you any of those signals.

Spike: (smiles) You calling me a liar.

Buffy: (smiles) Big time. I’m so glad if this is my last night it’s gonna be with you. I need your strength again to get me through tomorrow. Can you give me your strength again?

Spike: No need to ask Buffy. We both are gonna make it through tomorrow because you’re gonna give me your answer.

Buffy: You know I will. I promise.

She goes over to him and they lay in each other’s arms as they go to sleep. They give each other strength to get through their toughest battle yet.




fin





Well this is my take on the blackout scene in chosen. Sorry for those who were expecting them to have sex. I didn’t think that would happen or would be appropriate. I just think they would have to have go over their relationship because Buffy needed to make her peace with him and let him know how she feels. She still had a hard time understanding their relationship at this time but I do feel that she loved him if only on the subconscious level. So let me know what you think. Was it any good or was it bad. Let me know. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.






Buffy: I’ll let you know another secret…I kind of made this decision a long time ago…it’s just now wouldn’t have been the best time for it…or me to tell you…but I will tell you when I started to make it…it was when you first told me you got your soul back…it was right then that…I couldn’t make anymore excuses to myself…about you…and what I was feeling…and I think it kind of snowballed from there…in to this…how I feel now…but I’ll wait to tell you…I promise…(Spike is asleep as she tells him this)…
A Proposal From A Vampire by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you like this story and want me to make a new longer one.
A Proposal From A Vampire



Buffy: I don’t know what I’m suppose to think about what you just said. This is absolutely crazy. I know I freaked out when I found out you were a vampire not having a reflection is kind of a big giveaway. But this is even crazier than that. The only reasons I kept seeing you are because you were always nice to me and never treated me like a piece of meat like so many other losers. You know what I must be crazy.

Buffy and Spike are in their usually motel room and they have just finished up. Buffy is getting dressed as Spike is sitting up in bed.

Spike: This isn’t crazy at all. I like you and want you to be my girl and I don’t want to pay you for it. Isn’t that what people do when you like someone?

Buffy: I only ever wanted this to be completely professional. Besides I’m not a one man kinda girl anyways. I mean I’ve never been in a serious relationship before. Also with you being a vampire and me being a hooker that just wouldn’t make sense.

Spike: Look I want you to stop doing this “work”. I just want you to go away with me so we can be together. You still going to do this work when your forty. I doubt you’ll have many men lining up for business.

Buffy: I’m not really thinking that far ahead. I have to worry about getting through tomorrow. And how would this work exactly us being together. You said you lived in a crypt. Not really my style. And my place is not big enough for two people. So where would you get the money to take care of us both. I don’t know or want to know how you get the money to pay me. But it can’t possibly be enough to support two people. Then instead you go out and get a steady nine to five job and put down on your resume vampire. Don’t think that’s gonna work.

Spike: I’ve always hustled to make my money and if it came down to it I could always hustle more to support us.

Buffy: Hustling doesn’t sound like enough to pay my bills. I have food and rent and plus I don’t wake up looking like this. That takes money too for hair, make-up, nails and waxing. Everything on me costs money. I do like you but as a client and that’s all.

Spike: I don’t like the fact that other guys are having sex with you. And believe me none of them can get you off like I can.

Buffy: That’s not the point besides you’re the only one that wants to do those things anyway.

Spike: Tell me you didn’t enjoy it when I…

Buffy: (embarrassed) Ok I admit it but only with you. Look it’s getting late. If you are gonna keep me then I’m gonna start to charge you extra. Besides this conversation is going nowhere.

Spike: Please stay. I know that we can make it work.

Buffy: (blows him a kiss) Goodbye Spike. Call me (leaves).

Spike sits alone in bed thinking why is he so obsessed with a hooker and did he really ask her to be his girlfriend. But for some reason she makes him feel good in bed and is really starting to like her the more he gets to know her. He tells himself that he won’t pay to see her anymore but still is going to try to make her his.

Cut to:
Buffy goes home tired from her long night. She is trying to figure out what is up with Spike asking her to be his girl. She starts to think that something like this was bound to happen eventually with one of her clients. But this was no ordinary client as he is a vampire. But yet he is the only one who treats her with respect. She knows that she needs his money and that he will come calling her again to meet. She goes to sleep and tries to sleep in. She is tired from her long night and wakes up and eats a small breakfast. She gets ready for her day and goes to her mirror to look at herself and decides that she doesn’t need to workout. She leaves her place and goes to her salon where her stylist is waiting for her. She drops in on her stylist Betty who is also like her best friend as she tells her about her life and Betty doesn’t judge her but rather gives advice.

Buffy: I’m thinking of trying a new look today. What do you think?

Betty: Sounds like a good idea to me. How about we give you some waves today and lighten up your make-up.

Buffy: Ok, but I need to keep my lips sparkly and glossy because men really like that. Do you think it’s strange for one of my clients to ask me to be his girlfriend?

Betty: Well what was your answer?

Buffy: I told him no. I only wanted to keep things strictly professional. I don’t think it would ever would out between us. He could never support the both of us.

Betty: So what’s he like?

Buffy: He treats me nice and with respect. He’s some British guy with peroxide hair and a great body. Too bad he’s a vampire…

Betty: A vampire?

Buffy: Oh I mean like you know a guy that dresses up like a vampire. Kinda has a Billy Idol look to him.

Betty: Uh huh. So under normal circumstances would you say yes?

Buffy: I don’t know…maybe. The funny thing is the one person who tries to offer me a way out is not some rich guy but him. And now he says he doesn’t want to pay to see me anymore.

Betty: Why is that?

Buffy: Because he wants me to be his girlfriend and doesn’t want to pay me that way.

Betty: So what are you gonna do next? Are you ever gonna accept his offer?

Buffy: I can’t even if I wanted to. But I still need his money. He’ll call again I know it.

Cut to:
Buffy goes home to start her work which entails staying at home with her cell phone waiting for one of her clients to call her. She has her little black book with all of her client’s names and numbers but doesn’t call them because she knows that they don’t want to be disturbed and most are too embarrassed. She has quit walking the streets as she knows it is too dangerous and once she built up a steady client list she just waits for their call and sets up a meet. She watches TV or a movie on her couch waiting for a call as the afternoon goes by. She constantly checks her cell phone to make sure no calls are missed. She makes a light dinner and eats then goes to the bathroom to do light touch up on her make-up and hair. Still no calls as she goes back to her couch and watches her favorite TV shows. When her last show of the night ends she knows to call it a night as no one will call her. She has had more then a few nights like these when she gets no calls. She is disappointed that she won’t be able to make any money tonight or to show off her new look. She goes to the bathroom to wash the make-up off her face then suddenly her cell rings. She sighs as she goes to see who it is and recognizes that it’s Spike on the line calling from the same payphone he always uses. She lets it ring awhile and hesitates before she answers.

Buffy: Hello.

Spike: I need to see you and tonight.

Buffy: It’s late…but I need the money so yes.

Spike: Meet me at the Bronze.

Buffy: Sorry Spike I don’t do it public.

Spike: No I want us to hang out so we can talk.

Buffy: If I’m not getting paid for it then forget it.

Spike: I told you before I’m not paying you for your company anymore.

Buffy: Then there is nothing more for us to talk about.

Spike: Buffy please don’t hang up I beg you. I need to tell you something.

She wants to hang up but can’t for some reason so she lets him say what he has to say.

Spike: Buffy I want to be with you and only you. I can’t stand the fact that other people get to touch you. I never had feelings like this before and I will do whatever it takes for you to be mine.

Buffy: Spike you need to get over it. Find some way to get over it. Stop calling me with this conversation. If it’s not about me getting paid then I don’t need to talk to you. Bye.

Spike: Buffy, Buffy, don’t hang up…you still there?

Buffy lightly presses the button to hang up but can’t do it. She doesn’t say anything to him but doesn’t hang up as she just closes her eyes and listens.

Spike: You win Buffy. I’ll meet you for our usually arrangement. I need you in my life if only for sex. I will do whatever you ask from now on.

She doesn’t give an answer right away as she tries to take it in.

Buffy: Spike it’s really late can we just make it up tomorrow.

Spike: No it has to be tonight. I have to see you.

Buffy: (sighs) How soon can you be there?

Spike: Five minutes.

Buffy: I’ll be there soon just wait for me there.

Spike: Thank you for meeting me tonight.

Buffy goes back into to the bathroom for some minor touch-ups and leaves to meet Spike.

Cut to:
Spike is in their motel room and he paces back and forth in anticipation of Buffy. He really doesn’t want to do this and continue to have sex with her for money but knows he can’t be without her in his life. She shows up and knocks and he lets her in.

Buffy: Let me make this clear. I’m here but you’re paying me money for sex and nothing else.

Spike: Right you are (pulls money from his coat) see got money and plenty of it right here.

Buffy starts to take off her jacket.

Spike: I like you new look. You plan on keeping it.

Buffy: I don’t know yet. But I like it too.

Spike: So how much do you make on a good night?

Buffy: I don’t know maybe like 600-700 dollars. Haven’t had one of those in awhile.

Spike: And on a bad night?

Buffy: Nothing.

Spike: What would you be doing if you could have any job in the world?

Buffy: Are you trying to have a conversation or are we gonna have sex (takes off her shoes)?

Spike: I’m not. I just really want to know.

Buffy: It doesn’t matter now. I’m stuck doing this. It’s all I really know how to do.

Spike: Come on tell me.

Buffy: I always wanted to be an actress. I even dropped out of high school to do it. So I came to LA to audition. But since I didn’t have any acting credits to put down on my resume I had to do things just to get directors to see me. But they all told me I couldn’t act. One even told me that I was only good enough to act in porn. That just destroyed all my confidence to become an actress. Then I needed money somehow and told myself I was only gonna do this to get back on my feet. But the money was so easy and I kinda got sucked into this life. I moved here to Sunnydale because there is less competition.

Spike: That’s a really sad story.

Buffy: Enough of this. (stands and walks to the door) I’m leaving (places her hand on the knob).

He sits on the bed and motions for her to sit next to him.

Spike: I’ll stop Ok.

Buffy: You’re just gonna pay me for sex right?

Spike: Yes, now please don’t go.

She goes to sit next to him. She starts to unbutton her shirt when Spike utters words out loud that he didn’t want to.

Spike: I love you.

Buffy gets up horrified that he just said that and knows that he meant it.

Spike: I’m sorry that I said it but it’s true. I love you.

Buffy: No you can’t, this isn’t right. This isn’t suppose to happen.

Spike: I can’t help myself.

Buffy: We can’t see each other anymore. It’s over. I can’t have you in my life anymore (she starts to leave).

Spike: You can leave but take this before you go (holds out all of his money).

Buffy: I don’t want your money. We didn’t do anything.

Spike: You have to take it. It yours.

She hesitates but eventually walks over to take his money.

Buffy: Me taking your money doesn’t change anything between us.

Spike: I’m sorry but please don’t cut me out of your life.

She leaves and doesn’t give him a response. He sits their alone on the bed thinking that he may have make a big mistake by telling her how he feels and that if he loses her in his life that he will be very upset with himself. He tries to think about what he is going to do next.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives home distraught as to what just happened. She has a client who is in love with her but is also a vampire. She tries to calm herself down and goes to the bathroom and washes the make-up from her face. Then she hears her cell phone ring and dreads at who it could be. She picks it up and knows its Spike and doesn't answer. She lets it ring and it goes to voicemail and Spike leaves her a message.

Spike: I truly do love you Buffy and I’m sorry for making a mess of things by telling you. One thing for sure is it’s over…I will never pay you for sex again. I know that you need some time and maybe you’ll let me back into your life again. I just want to take you away from all this. Now I’m off to get some more money for us and the future I hope we will have together. Just one more thing I have to say… (pauses) I can’t say it over the bloody voicemail (hangs up).

Buffy stares at her cell phone as the voicemail message pops up on her phone. She doesn’t know what to do as she doesn’t know what he is going to say and isn’t sure if she wants to hear it. She sighs again and closes her eyes and says that she will do the right thing and dials her voicemail.




fin





This story is a very interesting one as I thought it would be fun the whole vampire and a hooker story. It’s funny how no matter what universe Spike finds himself in he’s still in love with Buffy. Tell me what you thought about it. Was it a triumph or a failure? Just let me know. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.






Buffy: I knew he was gonna say that…I just knew it…what am I gonna do…he’s not gonna stop until I’m his girlfriend…me…his girlfriend…sometimes I just wish I could say yes…this sucks…the one person who treats me like a human being is actually…a vampire…maybe I should never have gone back to him…just stick it out with all the others…it felt so good being with him though…(sighs)…what is the right thing to do…I wish someone would tell me…(Buffy’s cell phones rings)…(picks it up)…
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=29368