Finding A Way by TillDustDoUsPart
Summary: This story is the complete "William The Bloody Is Back" trilogy. I have put together the whole trilogy as one complete story as it was meant to be told and read. I have added some more scenes, dialogue, and narrative to make it more complete. This story takes place after the Angel finale and is about what would happen if Spike returned without his soul. Spike is stripped of his soul and all of the memories of all the good he has done. Buffy now in semi-retirement is now running a Slayer school along with Giles training and sending slayers all-around the world as needed. Until one day the name “William the Bloody” has resurfaced in LA which changes her life.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Violence, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 52866 Read: 8895 Published: 01/20/2008 Updated: 01/20/2008

1. William The Bloody Is Back by TillDustDoUsPart

2. Guess Who? by TillDustDoUsPart

3. Hell & Back by TillDustDoUsPart

4. The Thin Line Between Love & Hell by TillDustDoUsPart

5. So this is Hell by TillDustDoUsPart

6. Together at last? by TillDustDoUsPart

7. Who Has The Last Laugh by TillDustDoUsPart

8. The Things We Do by TillDustDoUsPart

9. Coming Back by TillDustDoUsPart

William The Bloody Is Back by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
Fans of my trilogy will still be able to read the original trilogy without anything added. So you can still read each story of the trilogy as i have left it alone. So read and compare and tell me what you think. This was meant to be an author's cut with some more scenes, dialogue, and narrative. Also some readers didn't know that there was a sequel and that this was in fact a trilogy.
Buffy has a dream about Spike in which she is fighting with him against some vampires back in the cemetery in Sunnydale. Eventually the vampires are dust. They both walk home toward Buffy’s place.

Buffy: I could definitely get used to this. We make a pretty good team you and me.

Spike: You got that right Slayer.

Buffy: (irritated) Would you quit calling me that.

Spike: Sorry Buffy, old habits die hard you know (pulls out a cigarette).

Buffy: (annoyed) I can see that (motions toward the cigarette).

Spike: It’s no big deal…it’s not like it’s gonna bloody kill me (lights the cigarette).

Buffy: I don’t want you smoking around me anymore. It’s annoying having to deal with all that smoke in my face.

Spike: It’s not like the smoke is gonna kill you either. Lighten up.

Buffy: I still don’t like it around me Ok.

Spike: You know we are arguing like some old married couple. Can we just drop it?

Buffy: We would have to be married first before we could argue like a married couple Spike.

Spike: All I was saying was―

He is cut off by an arrow that hits him in the chest. He looks down at it and then up to Buffy.

Spike: Buf―

He turns to dust as he is killed by an unknown assailant. Buffy wakes up from her dream shouting his name and again realizes it’s only a dream while shaking and panting. She holds back tears as she lies back down and says it’s only a dream.



William The Bloody Is Back



It is dark with fires burning all around the alley of the battle Spike was last seen in. Bodies of demons of all sorts lay round as Spike is laying on the ground face-up bloody and bruised from the long battle. He is not quite dead yet but is barely conscious out of any energy to carry on the fight. Standing ten feet away are two demons talking about what they are going to do with Spike.

Dioxin: Let’s finish him off and dust him now.

Shlareth: No, that is too quick of death for him. We should make him suffer for thinking he could take on the Black Thorn.

Dioxin: What exactly do you have in mind for our hero?

Shlareth: Oh I have the perfect plan for revenge...

Cut to:
Buffy is living a normal life in Rome or as normal as it gets for Slayers. She spends her time during the day in the Slayer school training the new Slayers who are discovered and brought in from all over the world. It was her dedication to her work which caused the end of her relationship with The Immortal. Also contributing to their doom was the never ending dreams or nightmares about Spike which would creep into her system at least twice a week. Dreams or nightmares which she would call out his name as she would awaken from her sleep still happen to her even though it has been so long since she last saw him. But as she wakes up she tries to ignore it and gets ready for her day of teaching Slayers of all ages and backgrounds. She walks into her office in the Slayer school and calmly asks her assistant Jamie if she has any messages. Jaime is a middle-aged woman who is fascinated by the subject of demons and other such subject matter. When Buffy was looking for an assistant she made sure that one of the prerequisites was to be well-versed in that subject. Eventually she found Jaime who can be a bit quirky at times but does enjoy her work.

Buffy: Anything new to report.

Jamie: Same ole same ole.

Buffy: Right no apocalypses today.

Jamie: None so far but it is still early its only 9 o’clock.

Buffy walks into a gym full of Slayers which acts as her classroom as she imparts knowledge of all the times she saved the world and how her training has helped her. The Slayers are in awe of the stories she is telling. After a long session Buffy tells them all to take a lunch break. Buffy returns to her office and takes a seat at her desk tired of what is almost becoming the same old routine. She teaches the Slayers all she knows then sends them to Giles for the second part of their training which takes place in the afternoons. Suddenly Jamie comes in with a message.

Jamie: This just came in from LA something about a vampire on a rampage and is piling a nice lil body count.

Buffy: (half-listening) How many we talking here.

Jamie: About three dozen mostly women and a lot of them young too.

Buffy: Well just send some newbie to check it out and report back to us.

Jamie: How bout Karen she has been itching for some action.

Buffy: (getting up) Fine whatever tell me if she has gotten anything worthwhile.

Jamie: Righty-o-then

Cut to:
Jaime goes to the gym to find Karen and tell her that she has finally been given an assignment. Karen is a 21 year old Slayer who just recently graduated from newbie to active status after completing her training to Buffy’s and Giles satisfaction. She carries herself is a quiet yet confident demeanor.

Jaime: You’re up Karen. Your very first assignment. Are you nervous?

Karen: Kinda but it’ll be Ok once I find out what I’m gonna do.

Jaime: Let’s go to the meeting room so I can explain the situation.

They walk to the meeting room and Jaime goes over the details.

Jaime: There has been a string of killings going on in LA and it is most likely a vampire. The reports state everyone one of them had neck wounds but all didn’t die from that. Some were killed from the torture that came before it. This is an unusual case because vampires don’t usually cause these kinds of headlines. So we need you to find out who is doing this and to access the threat level. If it is just one vampire though you don’t need to report back to us until you finish it and then you can come home. But if it is something else then you need to let us know so we can take the proper action.

Karen: I can’t wait to finally get my first mission underway. If it’s just one vampire…I can handle it.

Cut to:
Buffy leaves to the kitchen to get something to eat. Semi-retirement has her bored as she no longer goes on patrol. She leaves that for the other Slayers to do. She only fights in battles where it is the end of the world type of thing which only a few has come up in the past year or so. Fighting only when she feels it is needed and her experience with preventing the many apocalypses she has encountered over her years as the Slayer will come in handy.

Cut to:
Several days have passed and Buffy repeats the same routine but with some slight differences so she knows the days aren’t repeating like the mummy hand incident. Buffy is sitting alone in her office going over a list of Slayers who will be arriving in a few days when Jamie walks in.

Jamie: Still no word from Karen.

Buffy: (sighs) She had better not be partying in LA she knows that work comes first.

Jamie: What do you want me to do about it?

Buffy: (now standing) I should have never sent a newbie to LA it was only a matter of time before something like this was gonna happen.

Jamie: Not her fault, she probably took care of the vampire and went to check out the club scene there.

Buffy: Look I am going to set her straight once she gets back here. I mean when I was the Slayer as in the only Slayer I always knew that work came first. (under her breath) I just knew how to get away with it better.

Jamie: What was that?

Buffy: Uh…nothing. I’ll get a Vet to bring her back here. Who’s around?

Jamie: Rona just got back in this morning everyone else is out on assignment.

Buffy: Alright I’ll go have a talk with her.

Cut to:
Buffy goes to Rona and tells her before she can put her bags down that she has another assignment.

Buffy: Rona don’t put your bags down yet. I gotta assignment for you.

Rona: Why can’t I get a chance to breath? I just came back from taking care of two not one but two pheraro demons.

Buffy: I know but don’t worry this one is easy…

Rona: (to herself) Here we go…

Buffy: Look we lost contact with Karen in LA and we need you to find her.

Rona: I thought she was still considered a newbie.

Buffy: No, Giles and I upped her to active status while you were away. This was her first mission. She was looking for a vampire that was killing a whole lot of people.

Rona: You think something happened to her?

Buffy: No, most likely she is just out partying or something. I need you to find her and bring her back. But call me once you find her.

Cut to:
Buffy is sleeping and has a nightmare where she dreams she is fighting Spike but not as herself as she would often dream but through the eyes of the first Slayer Spike killed. She is staring at Spike as she is just the spectator in the fight between the Chinese Slayer and Spike. Finally the fight reaches its climax and the Slayer dies. Buffy wakes up in a panic not realizing what just happened. The next day Buffy is anxiously awaiting a phone call from Rona so she can tear into Karen. She sent Rona to bring back Karen and to find out what happened to the vampire. Buffy is sitting in a meeting room which is used to hand out assignments to Slayers. Buffy’s cell phone rings.

Buffy: Rona is that you put Karen on the line so I can give her the scolding of a lifetime.

Rona: Fraid I can’t do that Buffy. I just found her― she’s dead.

Buffy: (horrified) What!

Rona: Looks like she has been dead awhile and whoever did this had his way with her. He must have tortured her before he killed her. She’s a mess Buffy.

Buffy: What could have done this to her?

Rona: I don’t know must have been that vampire (inspects Karen’s pockets) I found something, a note. (reads it) It says “Slayer #3 Courtesy, William the Bloody” (crumbles the note) wait that name sounds familiar isn’t that…

Buffy: No it’s not him (shakes uncontrollably) it can’t be him.

Rona: (angry) I don’t know who it is but I swear I will kill him.

Buffy: Don’t! (calms herself) I mean we need to gather some more intel because we don’t know exactly what we are dealing with.

Rona: I don’t care! He killed a Slayer…

Buffy: Look we don’t go carrying out revenge…we don’t work that way.

Rona: You don’t maybe but I…

Buffy: Please listen to me just calm down and see what else you can find out and don’t go after him until we know for sure who is doing this…that’s an order.

Rona: Fine…whatever you say but don’t talk to me like I’m a newbie I can take care of myself.

Buffy: (stands) Ok then, call me if you find out anything.

Suddenly it her that name “William the Bloody” only one vampire went by that name― Spike. She sits back down unable to comprehend what has just happened. Some vampire was able to take out a Slayer and is calling himself “William the Bloody” this just doesn’t make sense she thought. Spike is gone so it can’t be him but why would another vampire kill in the name of someone else. Earlier she had read through the stories of bodies turning up in LA of all the people killed who were all tortured to death and had bite marks on their necks. The papers called it some sick serial killer. But Buffy was still unable to think clearly decides that she needs to do some research on Spike’s past to see if she can learn anything new.

Jamie: Something happen, did you get a call from Rona yet.

Buffy: (choked up) Yeah Karen is dead.

Jamie: Oh my God how did this happen.

Buffy: Vampire got her, the one she was looking for. I need you to send someone to pick her up and bring her back. Cuz I need Rona to keep looking for this vampire.

Jamie: Right. Right away. Going as we speak.

Buffy: Not moving.

Jamie: Oh sorry (leaves).

Buffy: (to herself) I can't think right now. I need to get the Hell out of here.

Cut to:
Buffy is walking home and decides that she needs help to relax a bit so she walks into the first bar she sees. She walks up to the counter and takes a seat. There are people scattered around the bar mostly people sitting and having idle conversations. She orders a drink from the bartender.

Bartender: What can I get you young lady?

Buffy: Jack.

Bartender: You sure that is mighty strong for a lil ole girl such as yourself.

Buffy: Just leave the bottle willya.

Bartender: Sure you’re the boss (places a bottle in front of her and a shot glass).

Buffy: (removes the spout and proceeds to drink straight from the bottle) Ahh…better.

Behind Buffy are two demons wearing trench coats and hats sitting at a table talking and having a good time. Buffy now bored listens to their conversation after something catches her attention.

Demon 1: …Yeah I still think you should have taken that job at Wolfram & Hart.

Demon 2: I would have but too much corruption even for me to deal with.

Demon 1: Didn’t they say they were going to transfer you to their LA branch.

Demon 2: That’s what they said but I heard too many stories about that place especially with that psycho running the joint.

Demon 1: Yeah who the Hell did he think he was going up against the Black Thorn as if he could make a dent in them and live to tell about it?

Demon 2: I didn’t know having a soul would let you grow another pair you know what I mean.

Demon 1: I know I have enough pairs as it is.

Demon 2: They got what was coming to them besides I gotta go the smell of humans is making me sick.

Demon 1: Fine but you’re paying this time.

The demons get up to leave and as they pass Buffy one says something that has her thinking.

Demon 2: …and to think he went down with his old partner in crime…

Cut to:
Back in Buffy’s apartment she is getting ready to go to sleep. She lifts the covers for her bed and crawls in. She reaches under her mountain of pillows and reveals Mr. Gordo dressed in a leather duster reminiscent of the one Spike used to wear. She gives him a squeeze as she goes to sleep. A new nightmare for Buffy begins as she is fighting Spike in the eyes of Nikki Wood. She is helpless as she watches the fight go back and forth until Spike finally snaps her neck. Again she wakes this time her hands firmly clenched around Mr. Gordo. She drops him onto the bed as she gets up deciding that she can’t get anymore sleep tonight.

Cut to:
Outside Willow’s apartment building is Buffy who needs someone to talk to. Plus she knew that she could always come to Willow. Willow like Buffy was in semi-retirement only helping out when needed. She only stayed in Rome because Buffy wanted her there in case of the end of the world scenario. She stays with Kennedy who works at the Slayer training school when an extra Slayer was needed. Buffy calls Willow’s phone.

Willow: Hello.

Buffy: It’s me Will do you think we can talk.

Willow: Now as in now…now uh I guess so. Can it wait until tomorrow?

Buffy: I didn’t wake you did I?

Willow: No, not at all you would be surprised what good movies are on this late at night.

Buffy: Great I’m coming over.

Buffy two minutes later shows up at Willows apartment door and knocks.

Willow: That was fast.

Buffy: Kinda in the neighborhood.

Willow: Come in…

Buffy: (she walks in and waves to Kennedy) Hiya there. Uhm do you think that me and Willow can talk privately it’s kinda personal.

Kennedy: Sure just bring her back in one piece now (walks away).

Buffy: (sits on the couch) Will something has come up and I’m not sure what to do.

Willow: (sits next to Buffy) What is it this time demons of the flying kind…cuz those were a real pain in the ass last time…

Buffy: No nothing like that it is a vampire.

Willow: Well that’s definitely new and scary never seen one of those before.

Buffy: Totally not the same. This one has left a trail of three dozen people that we know of so far including a Slayer.

Willow: Oh…just one vampire though.

Buffy: Yeah but for some strange reason this one is going by the name “William the Bloody”.

Willow: Sure that’s original I mean why I don’t steal a name like “Sabrina”. I mean didn’t he have that name trademarked.

Buffy: Don’t think so, plus I never heard of any vampire killing in the name of some other vampire.

Willow: At least we know it’s not the original, because Spike is dead (Buffy glaring at Willow)…or I mean he’s in a better place.

Buffy: Yeah but this one is killing just like the old Spike because back when he was trying to kill me he would taunt me telling me how he would torture people before he killed them. This vampire must have known Spike before because he is copying him down to every last detail.

Willow: Some kind of copycat maybe.

Buffy: Something like that plus there is all of this other stuff going on. I overheard these two demons talking about Wolfram & Hart and Angel getting himself into trouble against the Black Thorn. But something else they said really got to me they said his old partner in crime came back.

Willow: You mean when he was evil, could they mean Drusilla they were part of the gruesome foursome. But why would she help Angel now I mean she wasn’t always on the sanity wagon.

Buffy: No, Drusilla is a complete loon and there is no way she would help Angel do any good. But the only person who would help Angel would have to be…Spike.

Willow: You of all people should know that he gave his life to close the Hellmouth. You were last one to see him down there (Buffy looks hurt) you never told me what actually happened down there.

For Buffy talking about Spike was a tough subject and has never said his name out loud since Sunnydale. Her constant dreams and nightmares about him were nothing compared to Buffy reliving their last moment in the Hellmouth together. Nothing hurt her more thinking about Spike than the last things they said to each other “I love you” “No you don’t, but thanks for saying it”. Buffy would never tell anyone what happened down there because it was too painful even now.

Buffy: Uh…nothing…nothing just uh do you think you can come by and help with serious research mode.

Willow: Sure no problemo but do you think I can maybe get some sleep now.

Buffy: I’d better go but thanks Will…

Willow: Hey what are best buds for.

Cut to:
Buffy returns home to her apartment opens the door and turns on the light and sees Dawn standing there with a glass of water and one hand on her hip.

Dawn: And where have you been sneaking out in the middle of the night. I went to get a glass of water and looked in your room and saw you weren’t there…so what’s his name…

Buffy: What no…no guy I just couldn’t sleep and needed to go for a walk. Since when do I have to sneak out or ask for your permission?

Dawn: That’s all. You just couldn’t sleep.

Buffy: No, that’s not completely true…

Dawn: Aha so it is guy then.

Buffy: No not exactly it’s a vampire.

Dawn: Another one, Buffy you have issues. Serious I need a vampire in my life issues.

Buffy: Nothing like that, it’s about Spike.

Dawn: What do you mean?

Buffy: There’s some vampire in LA calling himself “William the Bloody” and is on a killing spree.

Dawn: That’s was Spike’s name before back when he was evil. I don’t get it why does someone want to call himself that.

Buffy: It’s not just the name he is killing just like Spike used to and I don’t know what to think.

Dawn: This is so weird this is the first time we’ve said his name since we left Sunnydale Buffy. It was like he never existed...like he never sacrificed himself to close the Hellmouth.

Buffy: (closing her eyes unable to speak) It’s not like that it’s just…I better get some sleep (walks past Dawn to her room).

Cut to:
Buffy walks into her office in the morning ready to get down to research about “William the Bloody”. She puts her things down and walks out of her office and sees Willow.

Buffy: I didn’t expect to see you this early.

Willow: You know me nothing like research to get the juices flowing…I mean the neurons firing.

Buffy: Thanks Will I gotta talk to Giles.

Cut to:
Buffy walks down to the gym where Giles is teaching basic training to the Slayers when she walks in.

Giles: (to the slayers) Yes, why don’t you all take a breather? (to Buffy) Yes Buffy is there something wrong?

Buffy: I need to know if you ever heard of any vampires who steal another one’s identity or kills in the name of someone else.

Giles: Well in all my research the closest thing I have ever encountered to that would be this clan of vampires in 1600’s. This group of about seven vampires all assumed the same name, clothes, and nearly everything else as their leader. They all claimed one name and killed under that name. From my understanding they all committed suicide once their leader died thirty years after they formed. May I inquire to the reason for this knowledge?

Buffy: You sure that’s it no other cases.

Giles: None that I know of. Again I ask?

Buffy: Someone in LA is calling himself “William the Bloody” and I want to know why.

Giles: I see…and this struck a nerve with you I’d imagine.

Buffy: (angry) Look can you just help out with the research. I already got Willow helping out and I just…

Giles: Ok Buffy as soon as I finish up here I’ll come up.

Cut to:
Buffy walks back to the meeting room where she sees Willow and then notices Dawn trying to hide behind a book.

Buffy: What exactly are you doing here and don’t tell me you are doing research because I can see that.

Dawn: Today is a school holiday that is only celebrated in Europe. It’s called bring your sister to work day.

Buffy: I believe that just like I believe “my dog ate my homework” we don’t even have a dog.

Dawn: This is about Spike or somebody pretending to be him or the him he used to be. I need to be here. I wanna help.

Buffy: Fine but once this is over…

Dawn: Back to school got it.

Buffy: (Giles walks in) So what have you got so far.

Willow: Nothing much about vampires copying other vampires except this one case in the 1600’s about this group of…

Giles: Right I am well aware of that and have already told Buffy about it.

Willow: Way to steal my thunder and hello to you too Giles.

Suddenly Buffy’s cell phone rings and it’s Rona on the line. She answers the phone.

Buffy: Rona what have you got.

Rona: I know who has been doing this and it’s― Spike.

Buffy: (shocked) What!

Rona: Look this vampire is a total Spike freak he has got the same bleached hair and the same leather jacket as Spike. He evens smokes cigarettes just like Spike. I didn’t get a look at his face though I just saw him walking away from another victim. The sun was about to rise and I lost him.

Buffy: Are you sure it was Spike?

Rona: I don’t know if it was Spike or just someone looking like him but from the back it sure looked like Spike to me.

Buffy: Uh just see what else you can find out ok gotta go (hangs up).

Willow: Did she just say― Spike? As in “William the Bloody” Spike.

Dawn: Spike is he…

Giles: This must be some sort of mistake.

Buffy: I’m heading to LA. I have to see this for myself.

Giles: I don’t think that is entirely wise. We still don’t know who we are dealing with.

Buffy: You don’t understand whoever this vampire is he’s good and I have to stop him because he’s already killed one Slayer. Willow I need you to check on this Black Thorn and Dawn I need you to check what happened at Wolfram & Hart and Giles I need you to check on any more vampire copycats.

Dawn: Got it.

Willow: Uhm Ok.

Giles: I totally disagree with this course of action…we should…

Buffy: I’m not asking Giles (walks out).

Cut to:
Buffy arrives at Rona’s hotel room the next day and notices that the door is unlocked as she enters. It’s nighttime in LA and she cautiously turns on the lights and has a quick look around. She finds no one in sight so she decides to clean up a bit after her long flight from Europe. After cleaning up she walks out of the bathroom and sees Rona entering stake in hand and jumps at the sight of Buffy.

Rona: Whoa there, what are you doing here? I saw the lights on and I knew that they keep the light on for you but not after you checked in. I just thought that you were maybe… nevermind, again what are you doing here, and I have everything under control.

Buffy: Why was the door unlocked I could have been God knows what and gotten in here.

Rona: I leave it unlocked because I always forget where I put my key besides I’m a big girl now and a Slayer.

Buffy: Being a Slayer doesn’t give you permission to be reckless. Just tell me what else you’ve found out.

Rona: Are you here because you needed to hear this in person or are you looking over my shoulder again?

Buffy: Look I’m just here…

Rona: This Spike guy has left two more corpses since we last talked and I haven’t seen him since. I found a couple of demon bars and someone calling himself “William the Bloody” is saying he’s back and loving it.

Buffy: Some vampire calling himself…

Rona: No, this vampire is saying he is the original “William the Bloody” not some copycat or wannabe.

Buffy: Kay we need to split up in the morning and see what else we can dig up. I’m going to give Willow a call to see what they’ve come up with.

Buffy gives a call back to Willow in Europe.

Willow: Yeah Buffy uhm we’ve don’t have much at the moment but here’s what we got so far. This group the Black Thorn from what I can tell is a group of very powerful demons not much else is known about them. Dawn was able to find a connection between Wolfram & Hart and the Black Thorn. It seems that Angel and a group of people took them on and pissed off a whole lot of demons. Giles wasn’t able to dig up anymore instances of copycat vampires in recent history. Buffy hold on a sec Giles wants to talk to you (Buffy hangs up).

Buffy: So from what they can tell so far there is some connection between Wolfram & Hart and this Black Thorn group. We just got to find out what the deal is with this vampire pretending to be Spike.

Rona: Maybe this vampire has a Spike fetish wouldn’t be the only person I know with one.

Buffy: (glaring at Rona) Totally not the same and we’ll go out at sunrise but I need some rest. From now on I’m in charge and we do things my way.

Rona: (under her breath) Wouldn’t be the first time…

Buffy: (walking to the only bed) What was that?

Rona: Nothing and on my bed. I was here first, I called it.

Buffy: (lying down) Just get some rest I’m too tired to argue.

Cut to:
Buffy is asleep and Rona is lying uncomfortably on the floor tossing and turning. She sits up angrily and looks at Buffy.

Rona: (getting up) Fine while you are on my nice comfy bed sleeping I gotta vampire who needs dusting (walks out).

Buffy has another dream but this time it’s about the Slayer Karen who just died. The dream puts Buffy in the eyes of Karen who is following Spike through a dark abandoned warehouse. There are desks scattered around and tall columns filling the warehouse. Karen is stalking Spike about thirty feet away and there is scattered bits of moonlight shining through the broken windows of the warehouse. Spike is walking smoking a cigarette when suddenly he stops dead in his tracks as he catches a scent that is familiar to him. Karen watches him stop and runs and ducks behind a desk for cover. Spike smiles as he recognizes the scent and drops his cigarette. Karen waits a few moments and peeks around the desk and finds Spike gone. Looking around she doesn’t see him so she gets up and slowly pulls out her stake and walks toward the spot he was last seen. She looks down at the cigarette puzzled then she looks up and Spike drops down on her from a beam from the ceiling and knocks the stake out of her hand.

William: Funny thing about Slayers you all smell the same like newborn kittens who are just begging to be eaten.

Karen: I’m here to stop you!

William: (smiles) So were the other two Slayers I’ve killed. So where are your manners Slayer do you have a name or shall I call you Slayer number three. But before you tell me I’ll tell you mine…I am William the Bloody a name that has been forgotten too long but will be feared again.

Karen: You’ve killed two Slayers before?…well I have been trained by the best and I’m gonna…

William: Doesn’t matter whose trained you…you’ve all fell at my hands. Your blood is boiling as we speak and I look forward to tasting it (lunges at her).

This is a tough battle between Karen and Spike but with Spikes knowledge and experience fighting Slayers he has the upper hand most of the battle and is able to counter almost everything that Karen throws at him. Suddenly Karen does a leg sweep and catches Spike off guard and Spike lands on the floor. Karen pulls out her back-up stake and aims for Spikes chest. Spike crosses his arms and blocks it and smiles knowing that was her last move in her bag of tricks. He grabs hold of her wrists and wrestles the stake from her and proceeds to savagely beat her. She is lying on the floor barely conscious and barely breathing and barely alive.

William: Now is where the fun truly begins…do you know how much I can drink from you and you would still be alive. Now scream for me Slayer number three.

Karen: Go to Hell! I won’t give you the satisfaction…

He picks her up and holds her up with his right arm as she is limp unable to fight back. Spike sinks his teeth into her neck but she doesn’t scream so he uses his free hand to break her arm. She finally lets out the scream he was looking for and he’s in total bliss. He has his way with her until she lets out her final scream and Karen is dead. He drops her and lets out a big laugh as the blood drips from his mouth.

William: Someone must like me up there (looks up) or maybe not. But three Slayers in one lifetime I must be lucky. How did I ever get so lucky? I must commemorate this occasion and leave a note for the world to see. (writes a note and places it in her pocket) The world will forever remember that the great William the Bloody has bested three Slayers.

Buffy wakes up from her nightmare panting and shaking. It really is Spike who is back but he must have lost his mind again she thinks to herself. Spike thinks he’s still William the Bloody. He died the day he got his soul back. But now he’s back here in LA killing after closing the Hellmouth. This is too much for Buffy to take in right now. She walks to the bathroom and splashes water on her face and looks in the mirror wondering what all this means. Buffy walks out the bathroom and calls out for Rona.

Buffy: Get up Rona I just had this dream and uh (notices she gone) damn it Rona what are you thinking are you trying to get yourself killed. (picks up her phone and calls Willow) Will I need you to do a locater spell and find Rona.

Willow: You’re talking about some serious long distance mojo here Buffy. I mean I’ve never done one so far away before and I…

Buffy: Will!

Willow: Alright, alright I’ll call you once I’ve got something.


Continued in...Guess Who?...
Guess Who? by TillDustDoUsPart
Rona is checking out the demon bar scene looking for Spike and catches a glimpse of him leaving a demon bar and she follows. She notices that he is heading back toward the same warehouse that he killed Karen in. She stays a good distance behind and follows him until he reaches the warehouse. He reaches the door to the warehouse and enters. Rona pauses for a moment then follows after him. She carefully stays in the shadows and looks around for Spike and sees him in the same spot where he killed Karen. Reminiscent of the earlier scene where he is smoking his cigarette as he catches a familiar scent and smiles. Rona walks out toward him.

William: Another Slayer cometh my fortunes do improve much (turns around) I must be famous rather a grand celebrity or some such.

Rona: Spike is that you what has gotten into you and how are you back?

William: Well no my name is William the Bloody and you do rightly to remember that and for the second part of your question don’t remember much as to how I got here.

Rona: Don’t you remember me and all the fighting we did against The First? The closing you did of the Hellmouth in Sunnydale? Any of this rings a bell? Don’t you even remember Buffy?

William: Me fighting on your side against The First?! You must be off your rocker Slayer…closing the Hellmouth doesn’t sound like something I’d do…but Buffy is another story.

Rona: So you do remember her?

William: Fraid so, she was the only Slayer I wasn’t able to best…she still haunts me in my nightmares me doing all this and that…enough to drive a fellow bonkers.

Rona: Is that all you remember Spike?

William: I am William the Bloody and you are Slayer number four so let’s just start the game shall we.

Rona: Look Spike I don’t know what has gotten into you but this is one black chick who’s not gonna end up another dead Slayer.

They fight and have a ferocious battle that Rona holds her own against a bloodthirsty Spike. But Spike is still able to take the upper hand in the battle in which he is all too familiar with Slayers. Rona hurting runs for cover from Spike as he tries to look for her but initially can’t find her. Rona is able to sneak around back of him as he stops to try and pick up her scent. She pulls out her stake and runs to tackle Spike as he turns around. She has him on the floor but hesitates for a fraction of a second giving Spike the time he needs to block her attempt to dust him. He fights her off and puts her in a choke hold as he stands over her.

William: Still one bit of info I still need from you. Where’s Buffy?

Rona: (struggling to speak) She’s here in LA.

William: Why don’t you give her a ring on the telly?

Rona: Why should I?

William: Because if you don’t I will make your death…nice…and…slow. So give her a ring than and I will finish you quick, a man of my word I am.

Rona: You’re no man. You’re a sad lost little boy and you’ll get yours.

William: Hush up now. No need for name calling are you gonna make that call or not.

Rona: Fine (reaches in her pocket for her phone calls Buffy) Buffy its Spike and he’s…

Buffy: Rona, what’s going on, where are you?

William: (grabs the phone) Hello there sunshine always knew we’d meet again. I’ve got another Slayer here that was no match for William the Bloody. But there’s one more Slayer I need to kill to rid myself of these nightmares…and that’s you.

Buffy: (shocked unable to speak) Spike…?

William: No, not Spike will you bleeding people stop calling me that. I’ll be seeing you soon…Buffy (hangs up) Thank you Slayer much obliged… (snaps Rona's neck) kept my word didn’t I, Slayer number four. Four Slayers soon to be five how have I’ve gotten so lucky (sinks his teeth into Rona).

Buffy is unable move and unable to speak. Just hearing Spike’s voice again has Buffy’s head spinning. She has a million emotions running through her right now but tries to focus on finding him first. Buffy calls Willow looking for Rona.

Buffy: Will I need that locator spell now!

Willow: I’m just about to right now Ok but what’s going on.

Buffy: It’s Spike and he’s got Rona. Will just tell me where!

Willow: Ok I did a locator spell for Slayers in LA and I read you bright orange but I barely see Rona. She is about twelve blocks north of your location…I think something’s happened to her. Buffy about Spike… (Buffy hangs up).

Buffy runs full-speed north toward the warehouse. Her heart sinking into her stomach as she gets closer to the warehouse. Not stopping even to catch her breath as she reaches the front of the warehouse and throws open the door. Feeling her heart pounding in her chest nearly ready to burst if not for the fact she was a Slayer. Emotions of all kinds filling her as she walks in looking for Rona. Suddenly a light turns on in the dark warehouse over Rona’s body and Buffy goes to her and checks to see if she is still alive. Buffy realizes she’s dead and the emotion of anger fills her as she senses that Spike is still lurking in the warehouse.

Buffy: I know you’re still here Spike come out so I can beat some sense into you.

Spike smoking a cigarette steps out toward Buffy but in the shadows where only his face is hidden. He brings up the cigarette to his mouth which slightly lights up his face and takes a deep drag. He exhales and slowly lowers the cigarette.

William: That scent of yours it’s somehow different than the other Slayers. It’s more of a stray cat than a newborn kitten. Been through much more than the other Slayers I gather. But it all has to come to an end sometime and I am your ending.

Buffy: Spike your back and killing. What the Hell is the matter with you? You don’t remember? You were the one who let yourself burn to death so you could close the Hellmouth and save everyone.

William: (angry) Why must you all keep calling me that. That name Spike doesn’t have any meaning for me. I am William the Bloody you be good to say it right for the rest of your life (smiles) which I don’t see for being much longer. And well I am dead because of the non-beating heart of course (pats himself on the chest) but still got all my fleshy parts on the bone.

Buffy: (pleading) Spike listen to me this isn’t you I know there is some part of you that remembers who you really are and all the good you’ve done after getting your soul.

William: You know something Slayer you might have a point there. You see I been having these nightmares ever since I woke up in LA. I woke up a broken and bloody mess with no idea how I got that way. Since then I’ve been having nightmare after nightmare of all sorts. Been thinking I was going mad with the things I seen. You and me were fighting the good fight. You and me having sodding sex in every which way imaginable (smiles) well those weren’t too bad actually (shakes his head). And yes the whole getting a soul bit seems vaguely familiar but last time I checked no soul in here. Wouldn’t want one of those bleeding things anyway. Do I look like that soft wanker Angel. Anyways Slayer it’s come down to you and me once more but I won’t go down like before. I’m quite full after Slayer number four over there but there is always room for Buffy… (walks toward her in full view).

Buffy: Spike…don’t…not like this…

Spike lunges toward Buffy whose instincts take over and they fight an epic battle. Spike with the bloodlust in his eyes and Buffy with pain in hers square off. The battle rages back and forth with neither able to gain an advantage. They fight with every blow precise and bruising into each other. Finally Buffy pulls out a stake from her pocket and Spike just laughs it off. They continue fighting with the pain in Buffy’s eyes still visible. Eventually Buffy lands an unexpected punch on Spike while he’s taunting her. He lands on the floor and Buffy quickly gains the advantage by placing her hand on his throat choking him and pointing the stake just above his heart. Knowing that she can’t watch herself dust Spike she closes her eyes raises the stake and plunges toward his heart. Spike with all of his strength is able to throw her off him and she lands ten feet away. Both fighters are bloody, beaten, and exhausted from the hard fought battle. Buffy stands and looks at Spike as he gains his footing.

Buffy: I can’t… (drops the stake).

William: Fine by me…Slayer number five.

He runs toward her and with one Slayer move dodges his attempt to tackle her and he crashes head first into a column. Spike is dazed for a moment. Buffy seizes the opportunity and picks him up and with the entire Slayer strength left in her body punches him square in the face knocking him out cold. He falls to the ground in a thud and Buffy soon follows void of any energy to be able to stand on her feet. She sits up looks over at the unconscious Spike and breaks into tears. Knowing that it’s all over for the moment she uses the opportunity to let all of her emotions out and cries for what seemed like hours. With so much happening at once all she could do was cry. Minutes fall off the clock as she sheds tears by the gallons until she is able to gather the strength to call Willow.

Buffy: (composing herself slightly but still sniffling) Willow I need your help…I need you to do some sort of transportation spell or something…and bring all three of us back home.

Willow: Whoa now you said a whole lot there Buffy what is going on first. What happened to Rona? And is Spike…there?

Buffy: (trying to remain calm) Willow, Spike has been the one killing here in LA and he killed Rona too…I just need you to bring us back somehow, as in now.

Willow: But Buffy, Spike is back killing? How…is that possible? I mean…you know…

Buffy: (dragging Spike next to Rona) I don’t know Will he doesn’t seem to know who he is…but I’ve got to help him. I need to bring him back so I can figure out what’s going on.

Willow: Uhm about that Buffy you are talking some serious mileage here and I’m not talking about frequent flyer here. A transportation spell would take some serious…I mean I would have to send something huge over there to trade places with three people and…

Buffy: Will just get it done! (hangs up).

Cut to:
Giles, Willow and Dawn in Europe trying to figure out what’s going on.

Willow: (to herself) Okey Dokey. I’m right on it. (to Dawn) Dawn what’s about the size of three bodies put together.

Dawn: It that a serious question?

Willow: Well yes Dawny I need something that size to transport over to LA to bring Buffy, Rona and Spike back here.

Dawn: Spike!? He’s coming back here?

Willow: Never mind I’ll just use Buffy’s couch here stand back while I do the spell. (chants) I hope this works.

Suddenly the couch outside Buffy’s office disappears in a cloud of smoke. Seconds later Buffy, Rona and Spike appear where the couch was. Everyone is shocked to see each other and amazed that the spell worked then everyone’s attention turns to Rona and Spike.

Buffy: Thanks Will (hugs Willow) I need you and Dawn to take care of Rona and Giles we need to lock up Spike downstairs until we can figure what’s going on.

Giles: Buffy if he’s killing again why haven’t you taken care of him. He’s too dangerous to be kept alive.

Buffy: This is no different than when The First had him killing all those people. There is something causing him to do this…if you won’t take him downstairs…than I will.

Giles: As you wish Buffy… (picks up Spike and drags him away).

Dawn: Is that really Spike? Not some copycat or Doppelganger or some evil clone from another dimension? Maybe some evil robot?

Buffy: No…it’s Spike but he’s not himself. He keeps calling himself “William the Bloody” like he forgot who he was. That’s why we’ve gotta help him.

Willow: Ok Buffy we’ll get right on it but you need to rest you look terrible.

Buffy: I’m fine, I’ve been through way worse like that time… (sighs) just I need to help Spike.

Willow: You’ve given plenty of orders tonight missy now it’s time for you to take one― get some sleep. If you don’t go willingly you know I am a witch and can make you have a nice long nap just by twitching my nose you know.

Buffy: Fine I’ll be on the couch. (looks where the couch should be) let me guess you traded us for my couch.

Willow: Guilty as charged just go lay down on Giles couch.

Cut to:
Giles, Dawn, and Willow talk about what is going on and try to figure out how Spike is back.

Giles: I’m not sure I want to believe that Spike is really the one locked up downstairs.

Willow: Maybe he didn’t die in the Hellmouth like we all thought.

Dawn: If that’s the case then I feel awful for leaving him there. No wonder he’s pissed off.

Giles: No one could have survived that crater. Not even Spike.

Dawn: But Spike is alive and in our basement.

Willow: Something must have kept him alive because it’s not like he could just come back from the dead.

Dawn: Maybe he died and came back a zombie.

Willow: I don’t think it works that way Dawn.

Giles: That isn’t possible.

Dawn: Hear me out on this one. Since he was a vampire instead of coming back like a regular zombie and eating brains he came back a vampire-zombie. Drinking blood like a normal vampire but with no memory of who he was.

Giles: You need to be serious and help us figure out what is going on.

Cut to:
Buffy is exhausted after her long night and immediately falls asleep once she lies down on Giles couch. Buffy has another dream this time and it has her in the eyes of Rona repeating the events that just happened. The fighting goes back and forth until the end where Spike forces Rona to call Buffy. Then Spike snaps her neck and then Buffy wakes up. She didn’t get much more than a few hours sleep. She leaves Giles office and sees the light on in the meeting room where everyone else is and decides she needs to go downstairs and see Spike. She walks down into the basement where they keep supplies and sees Kennedy sitting in a chair watching over Spike. Spike is chained up against the wall similar to the same chains he was in back in the Summers house in Sunnydale. Buffy walks over to Kennedy.

Buffy: Didn’t expect to see you here.

Kennedy: Willow said that she needed my help with something I just didn’t think it would be watching over a guy who I thought was dead. But who is unconscious at the moment. Funny how things turn out you die to save the world, next thing you know you come back reeking havoc on it.

Buffy: I know he’s not the one doing this. I mean something else has him killing people. He wouldn’t just go back to doing that.

Kennedy: I still don’t trust him.

Buffy: I don’t need you to I just need you to watch him. But do you think you can give me sec with him. I need to do something.

Kennedy: Sure go right ahead I don’t think he’ll mind (walks away).

Buffy walks up to Spike and touches him on the cheek.

Buffy: (to Spike) There’s something different about you Spike. I can feel it there is something making you do this and I’m gonna stop it. I don’t care what I have to do or who I have to go through but I’m not letting all the good you’ve done get thrown away by this. Whatever or whoever is making you do this I know you’re fighting it Spike with your soul. I still believe in you Spike… (Spike wakes up).

William: (groggy) Where am I. (pulls against his chains) You, you're still alive and I’ll bet your having laugh ain’t ya. Got William all chained up just to poke fun at him. (pulls harder on his chains) Slayer these won’t hold me forever and when I get out we’re gonna finish this… (Buffy walks away) hear me Slayer this isn’t over (to himself) Oh bollocks.

Buffy: (to Kennedy) He’s awake please don’t listen to anything he says. Call me if you need me.

Kennedy: (sighs) Buffy you sure about this (Buffy turns and goes up the stairs).

Cut to:
Buffy goes to the meeting room where everyone is and opens the door.

Willow: You’re up already, I’m ready to give you the little nose twitch sleepy time.

Buffy: I’ve had enough sleep as I’m gonna get. So has anybody had any progress?

Giles: We’ve exhausted all of our current resources Buffy the only one who knows what’s going on is Spike. And I don’t think he will cooperate.

Buffy: Guys I’ve been having these dreams lately and they’ve all been about Spike. I’ve been dreaming about the others Slayers that Spike has killed and watching him do it. Not just the one’s he’s killed before but Karen and Rona just now. I don’t know what they mean but they’ve gotta mean something. Will I need you to check something real quick. I need you to run a revealing spell on Spike to see if he has been under some sort of spell which is making him do this.

Willow: Be back in a jiffy (leaves).

Cut to:
Willow goes down to do the revealing spell on Spike and he recognizes her.

William: I know you…you’re a witch.

She ignores him and does the revealing spell on him.

William: What the bloody hell was that? What did you sodding do to me witch?

Willow gets her answer and walks away from him.

Cut to:
Willow returns after doing a revealing spell on Spike.

Willow: I was able to find out that he is not under any mind control or anything like that (Buffy looks disappointed) but I was able to find out that there was some sort of mystical spell done to him I just don't know what. But from what I can tell it is some powerful black magic.

Buffy: (to Willow) I need you to check one more thing and that’s to see if he still has a soul.

Willow: (shocked) What do you mean?

Buffy: He told me that he didn’t have a soul and for some reason I believe him.

Willow: Uhm I guess I could check for you (leaves).

Giles: Do you believe that he somehow lost his soul in his resurrection.

Dawn: Maybe he came back wrong (Buffy glares at her).

Buffy: I just don’t know anymore and I think if he still had his soul there would be no way he could live with himself. All the killing he’s been doing he seems to be enjoying it.

Giles: We still don’t know how or why he’s back and if his purpose has been only to kill again.

Dawn: Are we so sure that this is the Spike we knew. Maybe if he didn’t get that chip in his head and the soul the Spike we see now is the real Spike.

Buffy: No, people change and he’s changed he’s not “William the Bloody” anymore he’s just Spike…the only thing different is… (Willow interrupts).

Willow: …He doesn’t have a soul…

Buffy: (in disbelief) What!? Are you sure?

Willow: I’m sure, did the spell twice.

Dawn: See I told you he came back wrong.

Buffy: You just don’t lose a soul like you lose a wallet or keys or a sock. What could have done this to him?

Giles: Perhaps that mystical spell that Willow picked up on has something to do with it.

Dawn: Or maybe he just came back wrong (notices that no one is paying attention to her) fine don’t listen to what I have to say.

Buffy: The only who knows for sure is Spike. Willow I need you to do a mind read on Spike and see if there is anything in his memory that could tell us what’s been happening to him.

Willow: I don’t know that I want to be going in there and I don’t know what I’m gonna see especially with him being crazy and evil an all.

Buffy: (sighs) Fine let me go inside his head just let me take a tour in there.

Giles: Buffy this is far too dangerous you’re not trained for this sort of thing. You could get hurt.

Buffy: Let’s go Will (grabs Willow by the wrist and pulls her away).

Cut to:
Everyone is downstairs in front of Spike and he is staring back at them very unhappy.

William: Please tell me I’m in Hell. I’m chained up in a building that stinks of Slayers and I can’t do a bloody thing about it. Not only that no one will tell me how I got here and I got a witch doing her spells on me with no sodding idea what any of the side effects could be. And to top it off I’ve got Buffy wanting to take a bike ride inside my noggin. Bloody must be Hell.

Giles: Can someone please gag him so we don’t have to listen to his complaining.

Kennedy: Do you want to be the one to put the gag on him cuz if you do go right ahead.

Buffy: Willow are you ready to go.

Willow: I’m trying to focus in on his most recent memories and sent you in there.

William: If I get the chance to kill you in my mind I will (not sure if what he said makes sense) Slayer.

Willow: Here we go Buffy (chants).

Cut to:
Buffy is now in Spike’s mind is watching like a ghost his memories as they happen. First Buffy watches Spike as he is stalking Buffy as he’s planning to kill her back in Sunnydale.
Cut to:
Buffy and Spike fighting.
Cut to:
Buffy and Spike literally bringing the house down.
Cut to:
Spike killing people under control of The First.
Cut to:
Spike burning away in the Hellmouth after Buffy leaves him there.
Cut to:
Spike appearing in Angel’s office at Wolfram & Hart.
Cut to:
Angel explaining his plan against the Black Thorn.
Cut to:
Spike fighting off lots of Demons and killing many but eventually is overwhelmed by numbers.
Cut to:
Spike is lying bloody on the floor and Buffy sees him and goes over to him to touch him but her hand goes right through him. Buffy’s attention shifts over to the two demons standing away from Spike.

Dioxin: Let’s finish him off and dust him now.

Schlareth: No, that is too quick of death for him. We should make him suffer for thinking he could take on the Black Thorn.

Dioxin: What exactly do you have in mind for our hero?

Schlareth: Oh I have the perfect plan for revenge...

Dioxin: I’m all ears.

Schlareth: We should return him to his former self and take away all the good that has corrupted him. Not only that we must strip him of his soul and all of his memories of the good deeds he has done.

Dioxin: That’s it what kind of punishment is that for him.

Schlareth: No you didn’t let me finish. I’m talking about returning him to “William the Bloody” and letting him loose here in LA. Soon after he kills enough people he will draw the attention of one Slayer…his slayer. She’ll have no choice but to dust him. He’ll be killed by the woman he loves so much and holds so dear. It’s perfect!

Dioxin: I agree, let’s get started then. I’ll have my warlock perform the deed. (calls for his warlock) I want you to remove his soul and all his memories of being a champion. Make him what he was; make him “William the Bloody”!

Buffy watches in horror as the spell is performed and the warlock holds up a sphere in his hand the size of a baseball and chants. Suddenly from Spike’s body an orange light leaves his chest and enters the sphere. Then a blue light from his head leaves and enters the sphere. The sphere the warlock holds glows alternating between orange and blue pulses. The warlock hands over the sphere to Dioxin and leaves.

Schlareth: Now destroy that sphere and gone forever will be champion of the people.

Dioxin: No I intend to keep this as a trophy a sign of our victory (walks over to Spike) remember this once you awaken you are “William the Bloody” (laughs) she’ll see you soon.

Cut to:
Spike killing victim after victim and then the two Slayers before his fight with Buffy.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes from her trance and realizes what has happened with Spike. Before anyone can speak she motions for everyone to follow her upstairs except Kennedy who has to watch after Spike. They all are in the meeting room and Buffy explains everything that she saw in Spike’s head.

Giles: So you say this demon is holding Spike’s soul and memories as a trophy.

Buffy: You see he wasn’t doing this on purpose it was “William the Bloody” and not Spike.

Dawn: So I guess he didn’t come back wrong (Buffy staring angrily at her).

Willow: So can you clue me in to what this demon looked like?

Buffy: He looks just like that guy Darth Maul from Star Wars Episode One.

Willow: I heard that movie sucked.

Buffy: Only watched it because Andrew said it was good and a classic or something.

Willow: It’s times like these I miss Xander.

Dawn: He would’ve been so happy to know that there is actually a demon that looks like someone from Star Wars. Andrew would probably want to meet him and get a picture taken with him. He still complains about losing that Boba Fett figure to the Hellmouth. Dumbass loves Star Wars.

Buffy: Enough about Andrew lets find out where this demon is hiding so I can get Spike’s soul back.

Giles: I know there’s no use arguing with you Buffy so I’ll help with the research on this demon.

Buffy: Good I’m going to talk to Spike and fill him in to what’s going on.

Giles: Buffy… (she looks at him) right then I’ll just start on the research.

Cut to:
Buffy walks down to talk to Spike and she begins to explain to him what happened.

Buffy: Spike I know what happened to you and we’re going to get back everything that was taken from you.

William: (half listening) And what would that be Slayer?

Buffy: Your soul and all your memories of the champion that you are.

William: So all those nightmares I’ve been having were true. Me and you fighting side by side for the people was that true. What about having a soul why would I do such a thing? So I guess than us showing the Karma Sutra a few new tricks must be sodding true also (she looks down). What a stupid wanker I’ve become.

Buffy: Your not, (looks up) you’re a champion…you’re my champion.

William: (laughs) Oh that makes it all better then.

Buffy: I gotta go… (walks back up the stairs).

William: So long sweetie…

Cut to:
Buffy goes to the meeting room and meets up with everyone.

Willow: So I’ve got a bit of info about this demon you described. Turns out he lives in another dimension the same Hell dimension that Glory was from. The only other thing that we found out about him was that he comes to this dimension once a month to eat a particular kind of cow. Supposedly it’s his favorite meal.

Dawn: So where’s the beef?

Buffy: Don’t think that’s the same thing Dawn. So is there any way to know when he is going to show up next this month?

Willow: No, it seems that he comes at random times of the month.

Buffy: Then I’ll just go in after him and take back Spike’s soul from his dimension.

Giles: Do you know what you are saying? The dangers involved in going into another dimension let alone a Hell Dimension are uncharted.

Buffy: He would do the same for me, so Will do you think that you can open a portal to that dimension.

Willow: (sighs) More with the mojo, I’m starting to wish I was an amateur witch again. Going back to floating pencils and making rabbits disappear and making simple love spells which turn out to make everyone fall in love with somebody which by the way was an accident.

Buffy: Please if not for Spike than for me.

Willow: Alright I just can’t say no to a buddy especially best buddies.

Cut to:
Willow and Buffy are alone in the gym area preparing to open a portal to the Hell dimension.

Willow: …Just need a drop of your blood to channel its energy I need to open the door.

Buffy: (cuts herself and lets a few drops of blood on the floor) Is that enough because I’m tried of using my blood to open or close portals.

Willow: (chants) Here we go (a portal opens in front of them) I don’t know what’s in there Buffy or how you’re gonna find where he’s keeping it.

Buffy: I have a nose for these kinds of things (jumps into the portal).


Continued in...Hell & Back...
Hell & Back by TillDustDoUsPart
Dawn walks into the basement and sees Spike and Kennedy arguing about something.

Kennedy: …those damn union blossoms are not better than jalapeño poppers…now I know you’ve gone completely insane.

William: Piss off, those jalapeño poppers taste worst kangaroo blood. But union blossoms they even rival newborn kittens in terms of taste.

Dawn: Gross Spike. Has that what you’ve been eating since you’ve been back besides people.

William: Lil bit, what brings you down here. Come to poke fun at a helpless vampire.

Dawn: No, not exactly but did you just call me “lil bit”.

William: And what’s it to ya. Don’t like being called lil bit anymore. No apologies here.

Dawn: You remembered what you used to call me. What else do you remember?

William: Stuff here and there mostly of me being a soft stupid wanker. Finding out that all this sodding stuff is true. Not sure how I feel about that anymore.

Dawn: Soon as Buffy gets back everything will go back to the way it was.

William: …tired of not knowing who I am and which me is me.

Dawn: (starts to leave) See you later Spike.

William: (starts having convulsions) Bloody Hell…

Dawn: (worried) Spike what’s wrong!

William: (convulsions intensify) Need…some…Uhh…

Dawn: Kennedy I think he needs some blood or something.

Kennedy: I’ll go get some (leaves).

William: (convulsions hit their peak and Spike passes out) Uhh…

Dawn: (instinctively walks up to him) Spike it’s gonna be Ok. We’re getting some blood right now. (touches him) Spike…?

Dawn stands in front of Spike touching his shoulder and suddenly he smiles. Before Dawn can react Spike jumps up and wraps the chain around her neck and holds her close to him.

William: Sorry lil bit I know exactly who I am…and that life you people keep telling me about I don’t want any part of.

Kennedy comes down the stairs with a cup of blood and drops it at the sight of Spike choking Dawn.

Kennedy: Let her go or your dust…Spike.

William: Will do right soon as you unchain me here. Cuz if you don’t (vampire face) I just might have to have a taste of lil bit here.

Kennedy: I don’t trust you for a second.

William: Sorry lil bit your Slayer friend here prefers that you die (opens his mouth and bites Dawns neck lightly).

Kennedy: Stop…Ok.

Kennedy reaches for the keys on a nearby desk and walks slowly toward Spike who is still holding Dawn. Spike unwraps the chain around Dawn’s neck and instead uses his arm to hold her close. Kennedy unlocks the chains around his feet then the ones on his wrist releasing him. He walks while dragging Dawn with him until he reaches the stairs with Kennedy keeping a good distance away. Spike then throws Dawn in Kennedy’s direction with Dawn hitting her head on the desk and Kennedy runs to check on her. Spike runs up the stairs and makes his way out of the building.

Cut to:
As soon as Buffy steps into the Hell dimension she hears nothing but screams of pain and suffering and has to cover her ears for a moment. She looks around and sees rocks and lava surrounding her. Small pathways of rocks form the roads to this place and she sees demons of all sorts stuck in the walls of rock. Their bodies are halfway into the rocks and are unable to move. All they can do is screaming and the screams are endless. She sees a temple in the distance and carefully makes her way toward it. As she approaches the temple she can see a demon guard at the entrance. He is holding a staff and is about twice the size of Buffy with many horns sticking out of his neck. He notices Buffy coming toward the entrance and blocks it before she enters.

Demon: Who are you? You do not belong in this place. Leave if you cherish your life.

Buffy: Why don't you take a break bozo, I just need a word with your boss.

Demon: Who seeks the great Dioxin? You, you pathetic little human? How did you find this place. No one enters.

Buffy: Didn’t know I needed an appointment. Does he have a secretary where I can leave my name and number? If not than I’m Buffy as in the Slayer and I’m here to take back something he stole.

Demon: (firmly) No one enters.

Buffy goes and trips the demon who crashes to the ground. In one swift move she grabs the staff from midair and plunges it into the chest of the Demon who melts away into goo. Buffy enters the temple with staff in hand and finds Dioxin sitting at his throne apparently sleeping. Buffy bangs the staff on the floor to wake him up.

Buffy: Special delivery. We’ve got one fine tasting cow here. Who’s gonna sign for it?

Dioxin: (waking up) You must be his precious Slayer. Is he dust now and on his way here. Tell me I must know.

Buffy: Where is it? Where are you keeping it?

Dioxin: Do you even know where you are…this is no ordinary Hell dimension. I was the one who returned it to the way it was, the way Glory wanted it. Ever since Glory was banished from here there has been struggle for supremacy. As you may have noticed I now rule over this place.

Buffy: And that matters to me why?

Dioxin: Do you know what happens to demons once they die? Their essence arrives here for all that they have done. Only those who unset the balance of evil by either doing too much or too little arrive here. They are to spend the rest of eternity in a constant state of pain and suffering. But for those special cases I make sure they get something appropriate.

Buffy: I don't care about any of that.

Dioxin: You still don’t get it. There are some people here who are very familiar with you and who would like nothing better than a battle with you. You see if I release them and let them go they will find you. They can not die here since they are already dead but you on the other hand if you die here you spend eternity with me. I give the word Slayer and it’s all over for you.

Buffy: Just give me Spike’s soul and I won’t have to kill you.

Dioxin: (laughs) Listen Slayer once your friend arrives here I’ve got something very special planned for him. (reaches next to him and pulls a black cloth covering Spike’s soul) This I’ve seen and know what his personal Hell is. It’s you. (Buffy shocked) You don’t understand do you. His Hell shall be you and spending the rest of eternity with you. It will happen because of all the pain and suffering you’ve caused him is worst than anything I could ever do to him.

Buffy: (angry) You’re wrong.

Dioxin: His destiny is this place and he was here before briefly although I had no idea what kind of Hell would best suit him until now. Nothing he does in your world can change it. He can’t undo the past and his future lies here. His image of you will haunt him forever while he’s here. But I’ve seen all I need to see from this (picks up the sphere) now there is no need for me to keep this. Take it back if you wish but I will see him again. And he’ll see you again Slayer.

Buffy walks up and takes the sphere from his hand and walks away from him.

Dioxin: You wish to return it to him (laughs and then Buffy turns around) it will make it all the more fun once he gets here. His soul will eat away at him while he’s here you best do him a favor and destroy it instead of returning it to him. I can see it in your eyes if you do care for him you will destroy it and make his stay here a little bit easier.

Buffy: He’s a better man than you will ever know and a champion. He won’t end up here like you. (she throws the staff and it plunges directly into his chest) What your still…

Dioxin: (pulls out the staff) Did you think you could kill me in my own dimension. I can not die in this world. I grow bored of this. I look forward to Spike coming here. Now leave, I will give you a head start before I release a friend of yours.

Buffy runs out of the temple and heads back for the portal entrance with the sphere. Suddenly Dioxin says something in a demon language and someone appears in a cloud of smoke. It’s Adam and Dioxin smiles.

Dioxin: Listen Adam you have one chance to escape this place and you must follow the Slayer to get there.

Adam leaves and runs after Buffy. Buffy hears a roar behind her as she’s carefully running toward the portal. She looks behind her and she sees Adam and picks up the pace.

Adam: I remember you Slayer you are saved on my memory systems. I will terminate your programming for sending me here.

Buffy is moving as fast as she can to avoid any contact with the lava around her. While Adam runs without stopping feeling no pain as he comes in contact with the lava. Buffy is almost at the portal when she trips and lets go of the sphere. The sphere lands on a rock and is rolling toward the lava. Buffy takes a dive for the sphere and catches it before it sinks into the lava. Quickly Buffy gets up and dives head first into the portal. Adam is fast approaching the portal.

Buffy: We need to close the portal now Adam is coming.

Willow: Wait you mean cyborg Frankenstein Adam.

Buffy: Willow, close it now!

Willow: I need more of your blood to close it.

Buffy cuts herself and throws her blood into the portal. Just before the portal closes Adam sticks his arm into the portal and it closes around him which cuts off his arm. Adam’s arm flops on the floor for a few seconds before it disappears.

Willow: Some major déjà vu here Buffy. What was in that place and is that Spike’s soul?

Buffy tells Willow that she doesn’t want to talk about what was in the hell dimension.

Buffy: Do you think that you can reverse the spell and give him back his soul and memories.

Willow: Sure it’s not like I haven’t returned someone’s soul before.

Cut to:
Buffy and Willow walk toward the stairs and see Kennedy carrying an unconscious Dawn up the stairs. Without asking they know what happened just by looking at each other.

Buffy: Any idea where he went?

Kennedy: Not a clue.

Buffy: Dammit Spike I’ve got it all right here. I’m going to go look for him. Will I’ll call once I found him and I’ll keep him busy till you get there (runs off).

Willow: (to Kennedy) Let’s bring Dawny for Giles to look after.

They bring Dawn up to Giles and he asks what happened.

Giles: What happened…don’t tell me he got away.

Kennedy: I had no choice but to let him go. He was gonna kill her.

Willow: Don’t worry Buffy is back and out looking for him.

Cut to:
Buffy runs outside and follows her instincts to Spike. She heads toward a nearby park a few blocks away. The park is dark with lots of grass and trees filling it. There are scattered lights poles barely illuminating the park. Also there is a fountain in the middle of the park. Buffy sensing he’s nearby calls Willow to tell her where she is. As she hangs up Spike steps out from behind a tree.

William: Nearly sunrise luv, don’t have much time to finish this. So let’s us be quick about it got places to see and people to kill.

Buffy: You don’t understand (holds out the sphere) this is you. This is your soul and memories. You’ll remember who you truly are.

William: Not another word about a soul or memories or sodding helping people. They can all piss off for all I care. I am “William the Bloody” and no soul will ever change that…shall we dance Slayer.

Buffy puts the sphere back in her pocket knowing the fight is inevitable and Spike rushes toward her. Again they fight with as much intensity as the earlier battle. But Spike is much more on the offensive while Buffy is trying to block and counter Spike’s attacks. Eventually she has to fight back and does so with some hesitation as she is not trying to kill him. Meanwhile Willow is almost there and running as fast as she can. Spike gains the advantage because of Buffy’s hesitation and is able to put her in a choke hold. He reaches into her pocket for the sphere as she struggles against him. He takes it out and laughs as he tosses it aside. Willow shows up and immediately starts chanting.

William: I’ve waited too long for this moment and I’m going to enjoy drinking from you.

Spike wants to snap her neck but just as the sphere flashes bright orange and catches his attention. He turns to look at it then suddenly an orange light shoots toward his chest. He glows bright orange as he drops Buffy. Staggering, a blue light shoots toward his head. He tries to stand but instead falls to the ground and is knocked unconscious. Buffy motions to Willow to come over to help carry him back before sunrise.

Cut to:
Buffy is sitting in a chair beyond tired and beyond exhausted from the events that have taken place. Next to her is Spike laid out on a couch and is still unconscious. A smile creeps over Buffy’s face as she is unable to resist. She has been sitting by his side all day not moving until he wakes. Hours have past and she is still waiting patiently for him to wake up. Everyone knows to not interrupt their first moment together since the Hellmouth. The others are not happy with Spike but are beginning to realize it was “William the Bloody” killing all those people and not Spike. Buffy is willing to forgive him as she believes he was not in control of his actions. The demon inside him was unleashed and it took Spike to stop him. She’s happy knowing that what she did was worth it to get Spike back. Then something in her system starts to creep louder in her head. What did Dioxin mean when Buffy was the cause of so much pain and suffering for Spike. Was them being together really Hell for Spike and could have all the times she rejected his pleas of love for her caused this. Was this the reason he stayed behind in the Hellmouth when he knew he wouldn’t make it out of there. She closes her eyes with pain and hurt as she remembers the last thing she said to him “I love you”. Was his response “No you don’t, but thanks for saying it” his way of rejecting her declaration of love as she so often did his. She loved him for a long time but didn’t want to admit it to herself. When she was finally able to tell him he just rejected it and didn’t believe her. Plus Dioxin said that once he dies he would end up in his dimension with her as his personal Hell. She didn’t want that for Spike but Dioxin said there is nothing he can do from now on that can change it. It is all too much but right now she only wants to see him wake up. He starts to wake up and she clasps her hand around his hand reminiscent of their last moment in the Hellmouth. He opens his eyes and Buffy gives him a smile.

Spike: Buffy…

Buffy: Spike…

Spike: Where am I? (starting to remember) Oh God what have I’ve done.

Buffy: Spike it’s alright no one is blaming you for that. I know you are a better man than that.

Spike: Still I’ve killed again and there’s more blood on my hands.

Buffy: That doesn’t matter now that was the past. You’re back now let’s just move on.

Spike: To what exactly I’ve been in two more battles in which I didn’t expect to live through. And I keep coming back. This time as “William the Bloody” somebody must have be having a sodding laugh bout now.

Buffy: I’m happy to have you back isn’t that enough (smiles and squeezes his hand).

Spike: So how exactly did you get it back…eBay.

Buffy: A bedtime story for another time (Spike gives a sinuous smile).

Spike: Speaking of which I need a ride to LA got me a nice lil bird who missing me bout now.

Buffy: (lets go of his hand) What?!

Spike: Sweet bird who digs the bad boy thing you understand. Been keeping a fellow warm for awhile now…bit taller than you though and a bit more meat on her bones.

Buffy: (obviously jealous) You should know big things come in small packages and I…I bet that she can’t cook or dress for any occasion or come up with a witty remark at will.

Spike: Not much for someone who can cook always been able to find my own meals. She leaves barely enough for the imagination when we go out. Besides don’t care for those bloody witty remarks, more annoying than anything. (Buffy clearly upset) I’m just pulling your chain luv no one waiting for me in LA. Just trying to make you jealous is all…is it working.

Buffy: (innocently) No, I mean…maybe little.

Spike: So where do we go from here pet?

Buffy: (quietly) I was thinking to my place…

Cut to:
Buffy and Spike are in her bedroom and getting ready to get some much needed sleep. Buffy has slept only a few hours in the past couple of days. Buffy is sitting up on the far side of her bed with Spike standing a few feet away.

Spike: We need to talk about how I came back…

Buffy: I already know.

Spike: (points to his head) Yeah right the mind read. So what other stuff did you find out while you were digging around in there?

Buffy: Nothing much. Besides I couldn’t snoop around even if I wanted too.

Spike: What would you be looking for?

Buffy: I’m tired. Do we have to talk about this now? I just wanna get some sleep.

Spike: You sure about this luv. I could always sleep on the couch. Not much for couches but would do me just fine.

Buffy: I’m not asking for anything but…can you just hold my in your arms again. I was just so happy being you’re your arms that night.

Spike: Kay Buffy I just need to clean up a bit is all (walks into the bathroom).

Buffy pulls the covers over her legs and reaches behind her for something. She pulls out Mr. Gordo from under her pillows and holds him up in front of her.

Buffy: (to Mr. Gordo) You knew he was back all along didn’t you (touches him on the nose). Shame on you (tucks him safely away behind her pillows).

Cut to:
Spike is inside the bathroom and splashes water on his face and looks up at the empty reflection in the mirror as he dries himself off with a towel.

Spike: (to himself) You can do this Spike…don’t be a soft wanker now (leaves).

Buffy is eagerly waiting for Spike as he crawls into bed. They give each other a glance that says more than words can ever say. She turns away from him but moves closer to him so he can wrap his arms around her. They are snuggling close to each other with Buffy stroking him arm as they lay together. They are in complete harmony being in each other arms.

Cut to:
An hour before sunrise Buffy wakes up smiling and turns over to Spike who is missing. She sits up wondering where he is and checks the bathroom. It’s empty so she goes completely around the apartment and no sign of Spike. Confused she goes back to her room and notices an envelope next to the bed that must have fell once she got out. She picks it up which it says Buffy on the front. She opens the envelope and reads a letter:


Dear Buffy,

Please don’t hate me for this but I think it is for the best. I had a dream last night or more like a nightmare. I died and returned a ghost but was unable to touch you and unable to hold you. You were devastated having lost me again and I just can’t put you through that once more. Also I know it was just a dream but someone somewhere sure doesn’t like me. When my end comes in this existence I know that there was no greater pleasure for a bloke like me than loving you. I love you Buffy and I know that you can never truly love me back. Our last moment in the Hellmouth when you told me those three little words I couldn’t believe I was hearing it. Especially after all those times you said that you hated me and could never love me. Now I do believe that you love me after what you did for me no one on this planet would have done. But Buffy my love for you is one of great love and passion that consumes and burns for you. The love you have for me is not the same. I’m sure someday you will find someone to love as I love you. I may never see you again as I know where my afterlife is destined for. You for sure shall rise to the heavens. I am ticketed to spend eternity in Hell. I will spend the rest of my days helping people and carrying on the good fight alone. No attachments as no one could ever come close to meaning as much to me as you do. Buffy you have to live and go on without me.

Courtesy,
Spike



Cut to:
Spike is outside Buffy’s apartment building with one foot inside the cab and tears in his eyes as he steps in and closes the door. He orders the driver to take him to the airport and out of Buffy’s life forever. He gives one last look at her window as the cab pulls away trying to hold back tears.

Cut to:
Buffy after reading the letter has her heart ripped out as she feels pain of an unimaginable degree. Immediately she burst into tears unable to stop herself as she squeezes the letter to her chest. Feeling pain thousands times over any pain she has ever experienced. Spike had hurt her in a way no other person can or ever will. She was left alone again but this time it was Spike who left her. In the Hellmouth it was Buffy who left Spike. She cries for hours before she eventually crumbles up the letter in anger and throws it across the room. She lies back down in bed on the side Spike was sleeping on and grabs a pillow and holds it tight.

Cut to:
Morning has arrived and Dawn quietly sneaks toward Buffy’s door and places her ear on the door to see if she could hear anything. When she hears silence she just strolls on by to the kitchen. Buffy hasn’t moved since last night in a sort of trance as she holds the pillow staring blankly ahead. Millions of thoughts and feeling are going through her but nothing shows on the outside. Dawn comes back and knocks on the door.

Dawn: Do you two want some breakfast even though it’s technically lunchtime… (no response from Buffy). Ok than I guess you two want some more alone time I’ll just hang out at the school then (leaves).

Buffy gets up still in a trance goes and locks the door and then goes back to bed in the same position as earlier. She just lays there holding the pillow.

Cut to:
Dawn comes back home and notices no lights on and goes back to Buffy’s room.

Dawn: You know you two should take a timeout or something to get some fresh air (still no response) Uhm I’m just gonna watch some TV before I go to bed.

Cut to:
The next day Buffy hasn’t slept or moved since yesterday. Dawn knocks and still gets no response so she decides to go back to the Slayer school and talk to Willow.

Cut to:
Dawn sees Willow at the Slayer school still helping out because she is bored and just can’t go back to doing nothing for awhile after everything that has happened.

Dawn: You know those two are gonna set a world record or something for the way they have been going at it.

Willow: What do you mean are they that loud and keeping you up at night?

Dawn: That’s the weird thing every time I go to knock or listen in, its complete silence. Like they tired themselves out so much that they passed out or something.

Willow: Well after sex you can get pretty tired (Dawn raises an eyebrow) I mean it’s not something that you should know anything about missy.

Dawn: The weird thing too it’s like they haven’t even left the room to eat or anything.

Willow: Maybe we should go check on them and strictly for health reasons of course.

Dawn: Of course.

Cut to:
Willow and Dawn show up in front of Buffy’s room and they both try to listen in.

Dawn: (whispering) Can you have sex and be that quiet.

Willow: (whispering) Doubt it and not any of the fun kind.

Dawn: Buffy…can we talk for a sec (no answer).

Willow: Is everything alright in there…no injuries or anything (no response). I don’t like this. Ok Buffy, Spike we’re coming in (turns the knob and its locked).

Dawn: (knocking) Something’s wrong.

Willow: (chants and unlocks the door) I unlocked the door and I’m turning the knob.

Willow tries to push Dawn away but she resists as Willow uses one of her hands to cover her eyes as she opens the door. Willow opens the door completely and sneaks a look through her fingers and only sees Buffy.

Willow: Where’s Spike…is he in the bathroom or something.

Dawn: (looks inside the bathroom) Did he leave while we were gone.

Both of them sit next to Buffy and notices that she is in a trance.

Willow: Oh my God Buffy what happened.

Dawn: Was the sex that awful?

Finally Buffy responds and cries as they both try to comfort her. She squeezes the pillow harder as she cries.

Willow: What…what’s going on?

Buffy: (crying) He left me…again.

Dawn: Why?

Buffy: This time he let me go instead.

Willow: What do you mean…

Buffy: Cuz he said that I don’t love him like he loves me…but I do love him more than he knows. And now he’s gone…

Willow: What do you want me to do a locator spell or a…

Buffy: No, just go both of you and close the door on your way out. I want to be alone for awhile.

Dawn: Sure if you need anything just ask (pulling Willow away who is still trying to comfort Buffy).

Buffy still crying doesn’t watch them leave. She reaches for Mr. Gordo but can’t find him. Angry, she throws off all of her pillows off the bed revealing Mr. Gordo. She grabs him and squeezes him tight and holds him there as she talks to him.

Buffy: (to Mr. Gordo) He left me again Mr. Gordo what was he thinking (he doesn’t answer) you would think going to Hell and back for him would prove that I love him. This isn’t over Mr. Gordo. It’s not going to end like this. This is not the end…

Buffy pulls the covers over herself and is completely covered. She is still holding Mr. Gordo and crying staying in her own little world…


Continued in...The Thin Line Between Love & Hell...
The Thin Line Between Love & Hell by TillDustDoUsPart
Spike: So what kind of beastie are you? Ahh a Xiomora demon is it. Preying on a helpless couple are we? Well you should try fighting another demon, bet it will give you a bigger rush. Now turn around you slag so we can have at it.

Spike is standing in a dark alley behind an apartment building when he notices a demon cornering a couple that was making out. He tries to get the attention of the demon so the couple can run away. When the demon turns around toward Spike the couple runs away scared into the building.

Spike: Big boy ain’t ya, been snacking on plenty of humans I gather. Well just try to take a bite out of me before I rip your head off.

The demon roars as it comes after Spike and he just smiles. They fight with the demon swinging wildly at Spike and he just dodges it. Eventually the demon gets tired and Spike rips a small pipe off the wall and drives it into the chest of the demon. The demon screams as it falls to the floor, then Spike walks over and breaks his neck. Spike satisfied with himself pulls out a cigarette and lights it as he walks away toward his motorcycle.

Spike: Let be known to all the beasties here that I’m back and here to stay.

Spike hops on his bike and drives away. Suddenly from a window in the apartment building shows two men wearing robes and their faces covered with their hoods. They watched the whole fight between Spike and the demon.

Thadius: I don’t think so…William.

Cut to:
Buffy is still in bed curled up and under the covers. She is depressed and doesn’t want to do anything but sleep. But she can’t sleep with so many thoughts running through her head. She forces herself up out of bed and decides work is the only thing that will get her mind off Spike. She cleans up then gets dressed and leaves her bedroom and sees Dawn talking with Willow.

Buffy: You two still here, I told you I’ll be fine.

Willow: What you just wanted me to leave; I mean what kind of friend would I be then.

Dawn: Did he at least say where he was going or when he would be back?

Buffy: No, he just wants to probably be as far away from me as possible. I have that effect on men as they always want out and when they want out that means far away. I just want to go back and get some work done. I fell behind on so much since this whole thing with Spike. I need to start training the newbies again.

Willow: Sure Buffy I mean work definitely does a body good especially a heart achey one.

Dawn: You really want to go back to work now; I mean this would be perfect time to use your sick leave.

Buffy: I’m fine really can we just go.

Buffy leaves with her mind still on Spike. She tries to stay strong as her still broken heart finds its way back together. She has a hard time deciding if she is angrier at him for leaving or her not letting him know outright how she feels. It took Spike leaving again to make her realize that she is loves him more than she ever thought she could. Despite all that has happened she still loves him and wants to be with him but doesn’t know what she should do right this second.

Cut to:
Buffy enters the Slayer school and sees Giles along with Jaime. They are both surprised to see her and by herself as they look around for Spike.

Giles: Spike must be home sleeping I’d imagine but do you intend to keep him around to help train the Slayers. He might be useful as he helped with the potentials. I just hope he doesn’t have any relapses.

Jaime: Giles was filling me in about what has been going on and it is really fascinating.

Buffy: (unsure of what to say) Spike won’t be here helping us today.

Giles: Sad to hear that, I just thought he could be an asset to us provided that he doesn’t distract you from your duties.

Buffy: He’s not…here, he left. He left me and had to be alone because…look he’s not coming around.

Giles: I see, I’m sorry to hear that Buffy do you think you will be alright after everything that has happened. Are you sure you can be here?

Buffy: I’ll manage, I’ve always managed and maybe I should just be a manager with a nametag that says “manager”.

Giles: Buffy I wasn’t trying to…

Buffy: So where is the fresh crop of newbies?

Jaime: Downstairs in the gym.

Buffy: Catch you two later (leaves).

Giles: Did you two know about this?

Willow: We just found out this morning. Looks like he left awhile ago but no one knows where. Poor Buffy, she has had her heart broken by every man she has ever loved. I don’t know how she deals but she does.

Dawn: She has always been able to survive through these things. Maybe she just needs to give having boyfriends another break.

Giles: We need to watch after her. We all know how strong she is but a person can only take so much heartbreak.

Jaime: Where do you think this Spike is now?

Cut to:
Spike comes back to his old apartment in LA and finds it a mess. It looks like someone may have been living there while he was gone. Tired from his fight he decides to take a rest and lays down on his couch. Minutes later someone knocks on his door.

Spike: (half opens the door) What do you want?

Landlord: You haven’t paid your rent in a long time…what do you think I want.

Spike: You’ll have your bloody money soon enough. (closes the door) Just need some work is all.

Landlord: (outside) You just got your two weeks notice. Don’t pay up and you’re evicted, you got that (walks away).

Spike: Stupid wanker (yells) you’ll have your sodding cash.

Spike believes he did the right thing in leaving Buffy because he feels this will save them both a lot of hurt in the future. He still believes that the love he has for her won’t be reciprocated because he hasn’t forgotten all the awful things that Buffy has said to him over the years. He doesn’t believe in the one time that she told him she loves him can outweigh all the stuff she always told him. He believes that the love she has for him is the same love she has for her friends and not the same he has for her.

Cut to:
The two robed men are in a room talking to each other. They are preparing to leave and discuss what they are going to do next.

Polaris: Thadius where shall we look for William the Bloody? I have a feeling that he is still in LA. But why would he kill that demon?

Thadius: Evil demons don’t need to act rationally. They are just monsters who do as they please. Perhaps that demon angered him in some way.

Polaris: Soon as we find him he shall make the greatest sacrifice to date for our Lord. When he reaches our Lord he will regret all those sins he has committed.

Thadius: I look forward to this hunt. I had wished only we had caught him earlier. But in time he will meet his fate.

Cut to:
Buffy is through with her training of the newly brought in Slayers and has sent them off to Giles. Buffy was able to put away some of the hurt while she was training the newbies. Tired she walks to her office and sees Jaime.

Jaime: Buffy, mind if we have a word.

Buffy: What is it?

Jaime: I know that this isn’t my place but I think I should tell you that men have broken my heart as well.

Buffy: (unsure how to react) I’m sure I got you beat.

Jaime: Just hear me out. I once dated a man who I thought was the most charming and delightful person on the planet. We were seeing each other for months and I thought he would ask me to marry him any day now. One day he told me that he found someone else whom he met at work that could make him feel like no one else could. This woman apparently was able to make him feel something that he said he never felt with me. I was devastated that the man I loved would leave me and said that he felt I never gave him that same feeling. I felt that I could never love again or be happy again but I was wrong. I met someone again who made me feel love again. What I’m saying Buffy is that you can move on and be happy again.

Buffy: There is no possible way for you to know that.

Jaime: Course no one can predict what fate will bring us but fate has brought me Giles…or I mean I wasn’t saying that me and Giles are…but someday Buffy things will change and get better.

Buffy: (confused) Sure whatever you say. I’m taking my lunch now (leaves).

Buffy walks away believing that her pain is something that no one else can relate to so she has a hard time talking about it with anyone.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives home at her apartment tired and wanting to get some sleep and something surprises her as she enters.

Willow: Surprise, this is a get well party for you Buffy. Not that you were sick or anything but like a cheering up party.

Willow has made a banner that says “Get Well Buffy” and Dawn is standing next to her with a party hat on. Behind them are Jaime, Kennedy and Giles who are there to try and cheer up Buffy.

Buffy: This is too much too soon you guys, but thanks anyway I appreciate it.

Willow: Right Buffy I should have known that what was I thinking. Let’s just throw a party when Buffy doesn’t feel like partying.

Buffy: Will, this is great I just need to go to my room for a sec and I’ll be right out.

Dawn: I helped decorate too you know. I helped with the party hats (Buffy walks away).

Buffy is in her room not ready for this party but knows that she has to get out there and put a smile on. She is hurting still but doesn’t let it show on the outside. She changes and heads back outside to the living room and runs into Kennedy.

Kennedy: Buffy I got filled in to what happened and I think that it’s messed up that it went down like that.

Buffy: Me too, but I think that he needs some time and some space and then maybe he will come back. But he doesn’t I’ll be fine.

Kennedy: Ever thought of going after him. If someone I loved left me like that I would try to look for them and probably tell them off.

Buffy: I don’t know right now. I thought about it but I don’t know what we would say to each other. I hate him for leaving me and breaking my heart again but I can’t bring myself to continue hating him. He will always be in my heart.

Kennedy: That thin line between love and hate can be a real bitch sometimes. If you keep jumping over it, you forget which one is which anymore and it just blurs together.

Buffy: I know but it does help a lil to talk about it. Thanks Kennedy. (calls to Willow) Hey do you think we can talk.

Willow: Sure Buffy whatever you want.

Buffy: Do you think that you can do a spell to see how Spike’s doing? I want to make sure he’s Ok.

Willow: I could do that but I just need something of his to channel his essence. Did he leave anything of his behind?

Buffy: Fraid not, he took what he had with him.

Willow: Sorry Buffy but since we don’t know where he is I needed something of his.

Buffy: (sighs) Never mind just wishful thinking I guess. I hope that he’s alright.

Buffy wonders what he could be doing and hopes that it is nothing stupid. She hopes that one day he will come back into her life again.

Cut to
Spike is at a demon bar sitting at the counter having a drink and talking to the bartender.

Spike: …so you’re telling me that no one here needs a demon for hire. I could work as a bouncer. That ponce you have working security on this joint is a joke. A human could walk right past him.

Bartender: He’s been here forever and I never had any problems. Since when does William the Bloody need a job here. (mocking) I thought you were back and everyone should fear you again.

Spike: The name’s Spike now and I just had a change of tune. Need to get some honest work at a demon bar to pay the bills and what not.

Bartender: I don’t have any jobs for you here try somewhere else.

Spike: This is the last bar in town you must have something. My landlord has threatened to evict me and I need some work. Forget it I don’t want to work at this sodding place anyway (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy is getting ready for bed and slides under the covers. She grabs Mr. Gordo and falls asleep but has a dream about Spike. She’s dreaming that Spike is being chased by a group of demons and that they eventually catch up to him. He fights back but is brought down and beaten up by the demons. Suddenly Dioxin appears and orders the demons to kill Spike so he ends up in the Hell dimension. The demons all converge and eventually Spike is dust. Dioxin laughs as he disappears along with the other demons. Buffy wakes up calling Spikes name and she has the feeling that he is in trouble. She gets dressed and leaves her place for Willow’s apartment. Once Buffy reaches Willow’s place she bangs on the door. Willow groggy and cranky answers the door.

Willow: (eyes closed) Whatever you’re selling we don’t want any. (opens her eyes) Buffy what’s wrong?

Buffy: (walks in) Will I just had this bad dream and I need your help.

Willow: What now, do you want me to do a spell so you don’t dream anymore, that might be tricky.

Buffy: No I need you to find Spike. I think that he’s in trouble.

Cut to:
Spike is walking down a back road to his apartment when he sees the two robed men in the distance standing there waiting for him. He walks up to them and pulls out a cigarette.

Spike: And who might you two be. Let me guess you two are not here to offer me a job right.

Thadius: We have been waiting for you William. We are both here to introduce you to your fate. Soon you will be in Hell with Dioxin who will make you suffer for all the evil you have done.

Polaris: We should introduce ourselves I am Polaris and this is my brother Thadius. Our group has been serving Dioxin for a long time now. But regretfully there are only two of us left. We worship the Hell God Dioxin who makes demons like yourself pay for the sins you’ve committed.

Spike: So what is it you two do exactly by worshipping this Dioxin? And what is it you want with me I am no longer William the Bloody. I don’t do those bleeding things anymore. I fight for the side of good now. So run along and sacrifice some other demon.

Thadius: Our job is to kill demons and send them to Dioxin. We don’t believe your lies and we are the fighters of good. Dioxin is the only one who can make sure demons like you are made to suffer for eternity. We have been fortunate to run into you.

Polaris: What possible good could you have done to undo all those people you’ve killed? You have been gone awhile now but you returned to LA to kill people William. Once we heard William the Bloody was here in LA we had to come and find you. Your death will make the greatest sacrifice to date for the great Dioxin.

Spike: Listen you two I’m not William the Bloody. I am Spike and all I want to do is go home and take a nap. I understand what you two do but I have a soul and you can rest assured I will not hurt the innocent anymore.

Thadius: And what was your soul doing when you killed those people here in LA recently.

Polaris: You think having a soul lets you get away with what you’ve done.

Spike: That was different, I wasn’t in control then I was…look are you going to let me go or do I have to hurt you two.

Thadius: We are not afraid to do this as we know where our future lies but you will soon know yours.

Polaris: Let’s end this existence of yours now William.

The two robed men attack Spike and he tries to fight them off. The men both attack and are able to keep Spike off balance for most of the fight. When Spike goes to attack one of them the other attacks Spike in the back. They continue to fight for awhile until Thadius pulls out a dagger and stabs Spike with it while he was distracted by Polaris. The dagger pierces his body in the upper left side of his chest and goes straight through. Spike immediately falls to the ground in pain and unable to move. The two men smile and look down at Spike.

Thadius: In ten minutes time your end will come. The poison in your blood contains the essence of the sun. Soon it will flow through the rest of your body and you will burn to death from the inside. This is a fitting death for a monster like you.

Polaris: There is no cure or antidotes so don’t bother begging for your existence. You will meet Dioxin soon and he will be pleased to see you. You are one of the many demons that still exist in this world that is not in Hell yet.

Thadius: We will seek out the others so they can join you. Goodbye William (they both walk away).

Spike reaches toward his wound and is immediately burned when he touches it.

Spike: Oh Bollocks.

Cut to:
Buffy and Willow are still in the apartment discussing how to find Spike.

Willow: …like I said earlier I’m gonna need something of his that I can channel to find him. But you said you don’t have anything.

Buffy: Here Willow use this (hands Willow something) this is a letter he wrote me before he left and this is a strand of his hair I found in the sink. This is the best I got.

Willow: Uhm this should be enough I think hold on a sec.

Willow places the letter on the floor and places the peroxide strand of hair on top of it.

Willow: Ok I can do this (chants).

The letters lift off the page and forms a map of LA. Then the strand of hair lands on the alley where Spike is. The strand of hair glows in pulses but is erratic and fades with each pulse.

Willow: Buffy I’m reading that something has happened to Spike. I think something really bad.

Buffy: Oh God what has he gotten himself into. Will, can you send me there?

Willow: Buffy I don’t know what to focus on around him to send you to him. I need to bring something back here but I don’t know what is around him. I could accidentally bring back another person.

Buffy: (pleading) Spike needs me Will. I have to help him. I’m not going to leave him again to die. Only you can do this Willow.

Willow: (sighs) Ok I think I’ve got something get ready.

Willow chants and focuses on something to trade for with Buffy. Suddenly a trash can appears in the living room in front of Buffy and Willow.

Buffy: You’re trading me for trash thanks a lot…

Cut to:
Buffy disappears and transports to where the trash can was which is down the alley from Spike. She sees him in the distance on the floor and runs to him.

Buffy: (crying) Spike what happened to you? (looks at his wound) who did this to you? (looks and sees the two robed men walking away barely visible before they disappear in the shadows) Spike…

Spike: Didn’t expect to see you here pet. Come to see my offing is it?

Buffy: No I’m here to save you worthless butt again. I’m gonna call Willow and…

Spike: (in pain) No point luv, gonna close the book any minute now. The poison in my body has no cure and there’s nothing you can do.

Buffy: There has to be something I can do, you can’t leave me again. I don’t think I can take it. Spike please let me help you.

Spike: (clutches his chest in pain) It’s started luv the poison is going through my body as we speak. Can we just talk? I never thought I’d see you again. It feels like I haven’t seen you in forever.

Buffy: Spike why does this always have to happen with us. Why must you leave me every time we are together? I’m starting to think you don’t like me anymore.

Spike: I love you Buffy, always have, and always will. I just felt it was the right thing to do because I know that you will never…

Buffy: How can you say that I don’t love you after everything we have been through? We both know it was no picnic in the park, Spike. We both have had our ups and downs. But I wanted to tell you that it was worth it, all of it. Spike you and me are never going to have it easy or simple. But what we have is worth it and I know that we can make it work.

Suddenly smoke is rising from Spike’s body as he goes into intense pain as he is burning from the inside out. Buffy grabs his hand and holds on it.

Spike: No more time left luv, guess this is the long goodbye. Pet wherever I end up know this that I will continue to love you and my love will always be with you. You’re the one Buffy and the only one for me (pain increases and is unable to speak).

Buffy: I just have one more thing to tell you Spike. You said something in your letter that hurt me so much that I have to let you know that you’re wrong. You said that I could never love you like you love me but you’re wrong. You may never have felt it but it was there all along. (squeezes his hand tighter) Spike…I…truly…really do…with all my heart and soul…I…

Suddenly Spike’s pain reaches it’s peak as the smoke from his body turns into flames and he turns to dust right in front of Buffy. Buffy in shock and utter disbelief reaches for where Spike’s head was and grabs nothing but air. Buffy stands up in a sort of trance and in shock starts to rant to herself as she walks down the alley.

Buffy: …right when I was about to tell you Spike…boy you sure pick the right time to turn to dust don’t you…it’s not like you couldn’t wait another minute before you left me again…

Buffy continues to talk to herself ranting and waving her arms in the air as she speaks. Bordering on insanity she continues to rant while she is walking.

Buffy: …why don’t I just leave and get myself killed so I don’t have to see or talk to Buffy anymore…do I have some hideous disease or something… (smells herself) do I have some sort of odor…Mr. I love you but you can’t love me back…I like dieing so why don’t I do it again…if you come back a ghost I still going kick your ass…your dumb little plan almost worked you know…dieing so I would never have found out what happened to you…sorry to spoil it…I’m bored so why don’t I just leave Buffy again…well I’m certainly not gonna miss your stupid British accent…or your peroxide hair…or your smoking…or your extremely hot body…so long Spike guess this is goodbye forever…until you come back again of course…oh one more thing Spike I might as well say it now…I love you as much you love me…

Finally Buffy snaps out of her rant and cries as she drops to her knees. Accepting that Spike is gone she cries as she knows that he isn’t coming back this time. She hates missing the chance to tell him and let him know how much she loves him. She continues crying and pulls out her cell phone and calls Willow.

Willow: So a ticket for two back to Europe that will cost ya.

Buffy: (composing herself) Just me Willow. Spike’s not coming with.

Willow: Oh so he’s staying in LA then. Is he alright at least?

Buffy: (starts to cry again but stops) No…he’s dead. Just get me back and I can explain.

Willow chants and trades the trash can again for Buffy as she appears back at Willow’s place.

Willow: How did this happen? Who did this? Are we going after them?

Buffy: No, I mean I don’t know who did this I only caught a glimpse before they left. But Spike is dead this time and not going to pop out of thin air again.

Willow: We don’t know that, stranger things have happened. Or maybe we better not get our hopes up.

Buffy: I saw him dust right in front of me Will. And this was as real as any other vampire I’ve seen dust. I just (starts crying) know right now he’s in pain and I can’t do anything about it.

Willow: Buffy come on now, it could be worse or he could be…we don’t know where he is now. Let’s just hope that he is in peace.

Buffy: You don’t understand Will, I know where he is now and what is happening to him. He’s in…and he’s got me there with him.

Willow: Buffy you’re not making any sense right now. You know where he is? And you’re there but here? I’m way beyond confused here Buffy.

Buffy: I have to get out of here. I need to rest or something.

Willow: Yes sleep is good, sleep makes people feel less tired if that helps which I don’t think it does right now but…

Buffy: (hugs Willow) Thanks for all your help (leaves).

Buffy: (to herself) There has to be a spell causing this. This can’t keep happening to the same person. All the men I have ever loved just leave me over and over again. But still watching Spike go right in front of me had to be the worst ever. And I thought when he left me back at my place it couldn’t hurt any worse. Boy was I wrong.

Cut to:
Buffy is asleep and having pleasant dreams about Spike. She is remembering all the good he has done and the memories of them being together. She eventually wakes up cranky not wanting the dreams to end this time. She goes back to the Slayer school determined to find out why the people she saw wanted to kill Spike. She enters the meeting room and sees Giles, Willow and Dawn talking.

Buffy: I need to go back to LA and find whoever the Hell did this to Spike. They killed a good man and are gonna pay.

Giles: Buffy you don’t want to carry out this road of revenge for Spike because it leads to nothing but darkness.

Willow: I hate to say this but I doubt Spike would have wanted you to just go out and kill them.

Dawn: Spike didn’t deserve this even though he did a whole lot of bad stuff but whoever did this should be taught a lesson.

Buffy: I know who did this and it’s not much to go on but I will find them no matter what I have to do. Two guys in robes I saw walking away from Spike had to be the ones who did this.

Willow: I don’t think that I can have any part of this if you are planning to do what I think you’re gonna do.

Giles: Buffy listen this is not you. You are not someone who just carries out plots of revenge because of someone’s death. You have duties and responsibilities here.

Buffy: I’m going and that’s that. I could either take the long way or Willow…

Willow: Sorry Buffy…I can’t help you with this. I know how revenge can make you crazy and you only end up hurting the ones closest to you.

Buffy: Fine (leaves).

Dawn: I hate to be them when she finds them.


Continued in...So this is Hell...
So this is Hell by TillDustDoUsPart
Spike is now in the Hell Dimension with Dioxin. Dioxin has created a personal Hell for Spike which he has to relive various moments involving Buffy in some way. He has created a virtual Sunnydale which everything takes place. He picks selected memories from Spike that has some major significance for him about Buffy. Only Dioxin has created some twists for Spike. Everything around him is as real as when he first experienced them. He feels everything real to the touch and his images of various people are recreated for him including Buffy. He remembers everything that has happened to him to date but doesn’t know where he is and why these memories and experiences are reoccurring. Some of the experiences are different because Spike remembers them differently or because Dioxin has changed them. Dioxin begins his stay in Hell.

Cut to:
Spike wakes up from his dream about Buffy which he first realizes he is in love with her. He is in his crypt just as he remembers it and Harmony is sleeping next to him. In a panic he touches himself to see if he is real and realizes that he is solid. He is in disbelief to where he is and goes to see if Harmony is real by shoving her off the bed. Spike realizes that she is real as she starts to wake up angry for being shoved out of bed. Confused he starts to get up and put his clothes on.

Harmony: (gets up covering herself with a blanket) Ouch that hurt you dummy.

Spike: Where am I and please don’t tell me I’m in Hell.

Harmony: Uh duh, your place. Did the doctor rearrange some parts of your brain or something.

Spike: Back in Sunnydale, must be more to this. (to himself) I know I died. I know what that feels like so I must be somewhere. I never knew where blokes like me end up but this must be it― Sunnydale.

Harmony: (walks to him) Are you feeling alright, want me to take your temperature?

Spike: Enough you stupid git. If this is Sunnydale than Buffy must be around, I have to go see her.

Harmony: What just so she can kick your ass again Spike. Maybe you need to find some other way to kill her than just confronting her. You after all still have that chip in your head.

Spike: (puts on his jacket) I don’t care about that I have to go and I’m getting out of here.

Harmony: Good luck…

Spike goes and leaves his crypt and immediately gets burned by the sunlight. He turns and runs back into the crypt as the smoke rises from his body.

Spike: Ahh bugger that hurt. This must not be a dream than.

Harmony: Spike I may not be all that bright but I at least know not to go out into the sunlight.

Spike: Fine I’ll just go and use the tunnels then.

Spike walks over to where the entrance to the tunnels is in the crypt. He finds that the entrance doesn’t exist.

Spike: (looks up) You’re having a laugh ain’t ya? Me having to be stuck here in Hell with her and no escape you must love it. You! of all the people you could have picked, it had to be her.

Harmony: Spike I don’t think there is anyone up there. Who are you trying to talk to anyways?

Spike: (walks over and puts his hand on her throat) No more words from you. If I’m going to get through this I need you to shut the Hell up.

Harmony: If this is your idea of kinky sex or something I’m not into that.

Spike: (lets go of her) Please just let me be until nightfall.

Harmony: You didn’t get your twelve hours of sleep did you Spikey. That’s why you are all cranky this morning, I get it. I know I need my twelve hours before my brain can function.

Spike: I think I’ll take my chances out in the sunlight (walks away).

Spike can’t seem to understand why he is in Sunnydale and everything around him feels so real to him. He starts to think that maybe he is back in Hell again but it is much different then the first time he was here.

Cut to:
Buffy is back in LA and looking for the two men who she believes killed Spike. She doesn’t know where to start so she goes back to the alley where Spike died. She feels her heart drop at the spot where she last saw Spike. She is more determined than ever after looking around and not finding anything. She walks the streets looking for any signs of the two robed men. She eventually finds a demon bar and walks in.

Bartender: We don’t serve humans here in this bar. Why don’t you just leave now?

Buffy: I need some information and I’ll leave. I need you to tell me everything you know about Spike.

Bartender: I might know something but why would I tell you anything.

Buffy: (quietly) Because I am the Slayer and if you still want to have customers you will tell me everything you know right now.

Bartender: Well I guess I can tell you then. I know William the Bloody or Spike as he called himself last time he was here. He was looking for a job so he could get some money. That’s all I know about him.

Buffy: Have you seen two guys dressed in robes possibly looking him?

Bartender: I did actually have two guys dressed like that walk in here looking for Spike. They said that they needed to tell him something. So I told them that he was just here and they left.

Buffy: Anything else you can tell me about them.

Bartender: That’s it so can you please leave, having a human in here is distracting my customers.

Buffy: If you are lying to me I will burn this place down (leaves).

Buffy continues walking around the streets until she wanders into a back alley following her instincts. She walks into the same alley Spike fought that Xiomora demon and sees the two robed men leaving the apartment building and walking down the alley. Buffy without thinking runs up to them to confront them.

Thadius: Yes, and who are you?

Polaris: We have something important to carry on with.

Buffy: Does that include killing people? Because I would sure like to know if it is.

Thadius: Is this some sort of joke?

Polaris: We do not murder, we simply are fulfilling our mission.

Buffy: Why did you kill Spike? I know it was you two walking away from him.

Thadius: We killed the notorious William the Bloody just recently. He was a vampire whose sins were all over Europe and other parts of the world most recently here in LA.

Polaris: We sent him to Hell to pay for his sins for all eternity. We did nothing wrong.

Buffy: What gives you the right to decide who lives and who dies? Spike had a soul and he wasn’t William the Bloody anymore.

Thadius: And what makes you any better to decide that?

Buffy: I’m the Slayer and I made those decisions all of my life.

Polaris: You’re the legendary Slayer? We are honored to actually meet you.

Thadius: What we do is not much different than what you do Slayer.

Buffy: That was different he wasn’t in control of himself but you killed a good man.

Thadius: His sins can not be so easily forgiven whether or not he had a soul or changed as he said.

Polaris: The great Dioxin will see to him from now on. He will most likely have something appropriate for him in Hell.

Buffy: (shocked) What, did you say Dioxin? You know about him?

Polaris: He is the God that we worship that makes sure demons that commit sin are made to pay for eternity.

Thadius: We are the last of a group that has carried on this mission for years. But we are sorry Slayer as we must leave because our work is never finished.

Buffy: (angry) You two never gave him a chance to try to continue his work of helping people. Now you sent him to Dioxin. You two better leave before I do something I will regret.

Buffy stands there in front of them fists clenched and the two turn around and leave. She is able to contain the fury she has for the two men who killed Spike. Then she starts to realize that Spike is in Hell and that Dioxin is making his stay there painful. Buffy feels for Spike knowing that he will be tormented by Dioxin for eternity. She decides that she has to come home but wonders what is happening to him at this moment.

Cut to:
Spike is stuck in his crypt with Harmony and it finally turns to night for him to go out. He decides that he needs to see Buffy and see if she is here in Sunnydale. He walks to Buffy’s house and knocks on the door and Buffy answers.

Spike: Oh I’m glad if stuck here at least you are here with me. We need to talk…

Buffy: You’ve got a whole lot of nerve coming here. (punches him in the face sending in flying) First you try to get the chip out of your head then you try and kill me and now you’re glad to see me. What is wrong with you? I should just kill you.

Spike: (sitting up on the sidewalk) Buffy we need to figure out what is going on. I know that I’m dead but this being back in Sunnydale has me really scratching my head luv.

Buffy: (walks up to him) Don’t call me “luv” Spike. There is no “we” Spike. What makes you think that I want to help you in anyway?

Spike: Ok then Buffy if you don’t want to help me that’s fine but I need to tell you something.

Buffy: (starts to walk away) I don’t want to hear anything you have to say right now.

Spike: (gets up and walks in front of her) Buffy you have to listen to me…I am so sorry for leaving you. I hate that I put you in that much pain of losing me again. I still can’t believe that you had to watch me dust right in front of you. If I could do it over again I would.

Buffy: (walks around him) Spike have you lost your mind? What the Hell are you talking about?

Spike: Buffy, I love you and I know that you love me too but I just needed to tell you that I’m sorry.

Buffy: (turns around disgusted) Spike you love me? You say that I love you? Spike listen to me very carefully. I don’t love you. I can never love you. You expect me to believe that you love me. What, just before you try and kill me again. I don’t know what kind of mind games you are trying to play but don’t you ever say that to me again. Stay the Hell away from me (goes inside the house).

Cut to:
Suddenly the scene flashes forward to when Spike has Buffy chained up in his basement along with Drusilla. The scene plays out exactly the same until he walks up to Buffy.

Spike: …just give me a crumb (snaps out of it).

Buffy: The only chance you had with me was when I was unconscious.

Spike realizing what is going on walks over immediately to Drusilla and stakes her.

Buffy: That doesn’t prove anything Spike. What does that suppose to mean to me?

He turns around and immediately dodges the arrow that Harmony shoots at him. He vamps out and yells at her. She immediately runs away scared. He turns back to human face and goes back to Buffy.

Buffy: You sure have girlfriend issues Spike. Now let me go and maybe I won’t kill you.

Spike: Before I do I need to figure out something. Do you remember me going to your place after I tried to get out my chip?

Buffy: I’m not answering anymore of your questions Spike. You chain me up and make me watch this freak show and now you expect me to play some Q&A. Go to Hell.

Spike: Fraid I’m already here luv. (unchains her) Now go before something else happens.

Spike can’t explain why the scene has just shifted as it was instantaneous to him. He wants to believe that everything around him is real and that maybe he is stuck in some purgatory having to learn a lesson before he can move on in death.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives back at her apartment and needs some rest. She goes straight to bed after realizing that Dawn is already asleep. She crawls into bed and begins dreaming. She dreams about everything that has happened since Spike came back. The killings he did in LA and the fight that they had there. The coming back to Europe to the mind read to going to get his soul back. She remembers all the words that Dioxin told her about making his stay in Hell with her. Then she remembers something that she forgot about. She remembers running with the sphere and reaching the portal while being chased by Adam. When the portal closed on him he was still able to reach through the portal when it cut off his arm. She wakes up in the morning with an interesting thought when she goes back to the Slayer school. She goes and meets with Giles, Willow and Dawn who all are in the meeting room.

Buffy: Guys I just have to ask you something and wanted to hear what you thought about it.

Dawn: If you want to know if that outfit matches, Buffy your way off.

Willow: I have to agree with Dawn, Buffy. That outfit you got on doesn’t match whatsoever.

Giles: I’m afraid I am no fashion expect but my guess is that may not be your best look.

Buffy: No not what I’m wearing, I wanted you guys to know that I think it is possible to rescue Spike from the Hell dimension.

Giles: Buffy must we go over this Spike deal again. I rather wished that you had moved on after you returned from LA to avenge his death.

Buffy: I didn’t…if that’s what you mean. But that doesn’t matter now I need to get Spike away from Dioxin. He’s the Hell God in the dimension Spike is in right now.

Willow: Are you sure he’s there? Have you actually any proof that he is in that Hell dimension? Because it would help a lot if you did have some.

Dawn: We are not going overboard with this whole rescue Spike thing are we? I mean I want Spike back too but if he died and is in a Hell dimension I don’t think that we can just ask for his release.

Buffy: Giles aren’t there ways for demons to cross over dimensions without being harmed.

Giles: Well yes Buffy there are certain demons who cross over to every dimension and are able to do so many times. But Buffy those are special cases.

Buffy: Willow do you remember when I came back through the portal and I told you Adam was chasing me?

Willow: I’m sure he was bright and cheery to see you again.

Buffy: After I jumped through the portal he was able to cross over until the portal collapsed on his arm. He would have been here had it not closed in on him. I know that if I can get back there I can get Spike and bring him back here.

Dawn: I hope this isn’t a wild goose chase because if we go through all this work again and don’t bring him back I’m through with trying to bring back the dead.

Giles: I am against this whole heartily because of the dangers involved. You have been extremely reckless and careless since Spike’s return and his death however tragic may be for the best.

Willow: Can you be sure that he is there in that exact dimension. I didn’t know that demons actually went somewhere after they died. I just thought that it was poof and then oblivion.

Buffy: I know what I’m doing and I know it can be done. Spike being back hasn’t changed anything Giles. I have thought everything through and done what I thought needed to be done. This Dioxin I don’t think was lying because he had no reason to when he told me Spike was coming there when he died. Plus those two guys who had Spike killed said the same thing that Spike was going to that Hell Dimension. Dioxin also said he was going to make it real bad for Spike there and I can’t let him go though that for an eternity.

Dawn: What exactly is Spike going through in there?

Buffy: (closes her eyes) It’s something bad. I just know it. Can we please just get started on this soon?

Buffy doesn’t want to tell them exactly what Dioxin told her about his personal hell is that he has to spend eternity with her. She won’t believe that them being together is hell for him.

Cut to:
The scene has flashed forward to Spike sitting alone in his crypt crying. Buffy has just died and sacrificed herself to save the world. Spike is crying because even though she has been gone only a few days he misses her. Spike cries for what seems like hours before he snaps out of it and realizes where he is. He remembers this event and leaves his crypt to confirm it. He goes to the cemetery and walks up to a tombstone that is labeled Buffy Anne Summers. He drops down to his knees and confirms to himself that she is dead. He touches the tombstone and feels some enormous pain. He starts talking to someone who isn’t there.

Spike: (looking up) Why have you brought me here? I know that she died but why do you have to rub it in. Love pouring salt in the wound is it. Wanted me to feel pain and suffering well you’ve done it. Now leave me be and bring me to another place. (nothing happens) Dammit then I will have to force the issue (gets up).

Spike runs from the grave and goes straight to the Summer’s house. Once he arrives at the door he knocks and Willow slowly opens the door.

Willow: Spike, I thought you were out patrolling by yourself tonight. Isn’t that what you wanted?

Spike: I need you to kick your little plan into gear and bring Buffy back. I know it’s not suppose to happen for awhile but I need her back.

Willow: What are you…what plan? We’re not going to bring Buffy back we just can’t. Spike I know that you miss her and so do we but we can’t go messing with life and death. She’s gone you need to learn to deal with it as everyone else.

Spike: No I don’t believe that. You and the rest of you hatched up a plan to bring back Buffy and it worked. She came back and had some rough patches but she is fine now. Just get to work.

Willow: Spike you must be delusional, we know that Buffy is in Heaven. Even if there was a way to bring her back we wouldn’t just rip her out of there. That would be cruel no matter how much we miss her. She’s not coming back you and need to accept that…sorry (closes the door).

Spike: (walks away looking up) Nice how you’ve changed things. Anymore surprises for me you stupid wanker.

Cut to:
Spike is walking down the alley toward the magic box and sees Buffy sitting alone outside. He realizes where he is and goes up to her. He knows that even though they said they weren’t going to bring her back they did anyways.

Spike: Oh yes Buffy you’re back at least that’s not changed.

Buffy: (not listening) What do you want Spike? Come to tell me how much you love me and how much you missed me.

Spike: Actually yes, but I wanted to know how you feel and if there is anything different about you now that you are back.

Buffy: I was happy where I was Spike. I don’t know there are words to describe it but I think I was in Heaven. I gave my life for what I thought was right and thought I’d done enough in this life. But now I’m back here going through the motions all over again.

Spike: Buffy I know this is hard for you to understand but this isn’t real none of this is. It is only real for me because I’m dead. I don’t want you to have to go through this again.

Buffy: You know the best part about being gone was? You, not having to see or hear from you anymore. Not having to listen to you tell me “I love you” anymore. Not having you looking at me with those lovesick eyes of yours. Knowing that I was as far away from you as it gets made me so happy. (crying) Now I’m back and your back here in my life and I just want it to end. This is Hell being here with you.

Spike: (shocked) You can’t mean that.

Buffy: (gets up) I have no reason to lie Spike but this is how I feel. I’m glad that you were finally able to hear it from me. Please if you love me like you say you do than stay away from me (leaves).

Spike: Buffy… (looks up) are you enjoying these petty torments? Why can’t you just end this charade and let me just die in peace. I know that Buffy was hurting but she never hated me like this. At least I don’t think so…don’t you have anything that was more pleasant.

Spike realizes that everything around him is involving Buffy and wonders if the lesson he is suppose to learn is about Buffy.

Cut to:
Buffy, Willow, Giles and Dawn are all standing in the gym preparing to open the portal so Buffy can try and enter. Buffy follows the same procedure as before and cuts herself with a knife and lets a few drops of blood on the floor for Willow. Willow follows the same spell but notices something is preventing the spell from working.

Willow: Buffy the spell is not working. I’m sensing some sort of barrier blocking the entrance to that dimension.

Giles: Well Buffy we tried and I don’t think that they were just going to let you waltz back in there. You need to accept the fact there is nothing more we can do for Spike.

Buffy: I don’t believe that there must be a way. Why isn’t my blood working this time?

Willow: It seems that the wall blocking that dimension has gotten stronger since last time. A few drops of blood aren’t going to work.

Buffy: What will work then? Just tell me what I have to do.

Dawn: Buffy how far are you willing to go for someone that left you. I don’t think that he really wants to be brought back because why would he leave in the first place.

Willow: Buffy the amount of energy I need to break down that barrier and open the portal is going to be a lot more blood.

Buffy: (sighs) Guys I am not listening to this I said I was going to get Spike and if you all are just going to keep asking me pointless questions you might as well leave. Willow how much blood we talking here.

Willow: I’m going to need just a tiny bit more blood from you Buffy. I’m talking about three pints at least to open it up. And that’s just to open it for a little while but I don’t know how much it will take to keep it open long enough for you to get him.

Buffy: If that’s what it takes…

Giles: This has gone on long enough I am putting a stop to it this instance. Buffy losing three pints of blood is not as easy as it sounds. Do you know how much blood you need to survive? Losing that much blood could render you unconscious or possibly worse and you won’t be much good to him or anyone else for that matter. Being a Slayer you have responsibilities and others who depend on you. You can not continue doing deeds like this for selfish reasons.

Buffy: That was true Giles but I am not the only Slayer anymore. If I’m gone there are many who can take my place and continue fighting. I have given up so much and sacrificed my own happiness for this work. And I am sick of it. If my duties as Slayer are keeping me from doing this than I quit. Willow just start the spell, I’ll give you the blood you need.

Giles rushes over to Buffy and takes the knife away from her.

Giles: Buffy you are letting your love for Spike cloud you judgment. I can’t allow you to do this. Being a Slayer is not a job you can quit. You were chosen for a reason and you must continue your work. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who has made sacrifices. I ask that you postpone this decision for awhile until another solution is found. I can’t make you stop going after Spike but I won’t stand by and let you do this.

Dawn: Please listen to us Buffy we don’t want you to get hurt again.

Willow: Giles is right I don’t think the spell would be all that stable anyways. We can keep trying and help you find some other way.

Buffy storms off without acknowledging them. The others follow her upstairs until she reaches the meeting room and Buffy puts her head down. They follow in after her.

Dawn: Buffy how bout we get started on finding out some other way right now. (to Willow) There must be some stuff we can start looking at.

Willow: Uhm yeah I think some of these books might help. They are about Dioxin and the Hell dimension he’s from. (puts them on the table) I’ll be back gotta to the little girls room (leaves).

Giles: I’m sorry for having to do this Buffy but I want what’s best for you and I always have.

Buffy: (puts her head up) I know you do Giles and thanks for all your help. (Buffy stands up) I have to go stretch outside for a sec.

Giles: As you wish.

Buffy walks out the meeting room and quickly locks them inside. Giles and Dawn quickly rush to the door and realize it’s locked and pound on the door. Buffy just walks away from them and goes to find Willow.

Giles: She has clearly lost her mind. What would make her do such a thing like give up that much blood for someone who is already dead?

Dawn: Buffy was brought back from the dead, twice. For someone you love you just do anything for them without really thinking about the consequences.

Giles: Oh there will be consequences because things like these never turn out that simple.

Buffy walks to the woman’s restroom and sees Willow as she walks out.

Buffy: I thought it over and I’m going to give you the blood you need.

Willow: You took all of two seconds to come to that decision. What did Giles say about that?

Buffy: He doesn’t have a say, it’s my decision. Let’s go.

Buffy decides that she won’t let him suffer in Hell if she has any chance to stop it.

Cut to:
Spike is suddenly flashed forward to the morning after the first night that he and Buffy had sex. He wakes up with rubble around him and Buffy getting up. He starts to realize where he is when Buffy starts to wake up.

Buffy: When did the building fall down?

Spike: Sometime between the first and the… (snaps out of it). Well this qualifies as more pleasant than the last. Don’t know where this is going though. I know that she hated herself and used me.

Buffy: Spike shut up. (gets up to look for her clothes) I don’t know what you are talking about but last night didn’t happen.

Spike: Ok let me guess you just wanted to feel and decided who better or more convenient than Spike to get the job done.

Buffy: Last night meant nothing. I didn’t feel anything while I was with you. The only thing you can make me feel and ever make me feel is hate and disgust. I feel so dirty touching you. I must have been out of my mind sleeping with you. I still can’t believe that I would lower myself to ever touching you.

Spike: I know that you don’t mean that luv. You can’t.

Buffy: I mean every word of it. Haven’t you listened to what I’ve been telling for the last few years? I hate you. I could never love something as disgusting as you. This ends here Spike. I will never let you touch me again. If you come around me again I will kill you. Now I how to live the rest of my life knowing that I slept with you. You have caused me more pain than you can ever know.

Spike: I know what you said to me before but I’m different now I’ve changed.

Buffy: Nothing has changed about you Spike. You are and will always be beneath me. You’re not worthy of my love and nothing you could ever do will change that.

Spike is starting to wonder why Buffy is saying all these things to him again when he is a different man now.

Cut to:
Buffy and Willow are in the gym getting ready to try and open the portal. This time there is a bowl that Buffy is standing front of. Willow is going over the plan with Buffy.

Willow: Buffy you sure about this because even if I do open it there is no guarantee that I can keep it open long enough for the both of you to get out. It could take forever to find him and plus all those demons in there won’t be happy to see you either. There is just so much that can go wrong.

Buffy: I have to take this chance. I won’t leave him in there for a second longer than I have to. I will go through anyone that tries and stops me. (holds the knife) Just tell me when you have enough.

Buffy cuts herself on her hand deep enough to allow the amount of blood needed to flow out. She holds her hand over the bowl as the blood runs down her fingers. The bowl slowly starts to fill with blood and the more blood that Buffy loses she starts to feel dizzy but doesn’t let it show. Finally the bowl is almost full when Willow tells her that’s enough.

Willow: Buffy stop, that’s enough to open it I think.

Buffy is dizzy and wraps a bandage around her hand to stop the bleeding.

Willow: Are you sure you’re alright? Do you need to rest for awhile? Maybe take a timeout?

Buffy: I’ll be fine…just open it up.

Willow performs the spell once more and is able to open the portal to the Hell dimension.

Willow: It’s open but it’s not completely stable. I’ll try to keep it open as long as I can but it could shut at any moment.

Buffy: Just do what you have to. If anything happens I just wanted to say…thanks for everything.

Willow: Just hurry up will ya.

Buffy dizzy and woozy jumps through the portal.

Cut to:
Buffy has arrived in the Hell dimension and it is much different than before as she starts to recognize where she is. She stops to hold her head for a second as she is still dizzy and having a hard time focusing. She walks down a road until she reads a sign that puts her in shock. She reads the Welcome to Sunnydale sign and knows where she is as she stumbles into town looking for Spike.


Conctinued in...Together at last?
Together at last? by TillDustDoUsPart
Cut to:
Spike is flashed forward to his crypt and for a moment doesn’t remember what he is reliving. He looks around his crypt and everything looks the same so he doesn’t know what is going on. He sits on his couch and tries to think about where in time he is. Suddenly he gets a knock on the door and Clem walks in.

Clem: Spike there is a Knight Rider marathon on and I brought some hot wings.

Spike starts to remember where he is after hearing what Clem said and suddenly feels a huge pain in his chest. He knows where he is and that he just came from Buffy’s house after trying to rape her. He has flashes of her screaming and crying. He then breaks down into tears.

Spike: (looks up) Why have you brought me this?

Clem: I thought you liked hot wings. But if you prefer popcorn I could go out and get some.

Spike: No not you, him. Whoever this is, is trying to make me suffer for what I did to Buffy. I understand now. I am so sorry. But I changed it. I had to change it. I did the only thing I could have.

Clem: Uh Spike what did you do to Buffy? What did you change into?

Spike: (continues to have flashes as he speaks) I tried to give her what I thought she wanted. But she didn’t want that anymore. I didn’t understand then like I do now. I could never allow myself to do that to her again. I gotten the only thing that could have made sure of that. I went across the world to get it but now it’s here.

Clem: What was that Spike? Did you get her a present?

Spike: My soul. I had to get it back. But it brought me so much more than I thought it would.

Clem: What, you have a soul now? How did that happen? Did you buy a cheap soul from some warlock for $100?

Spike starts feels enormous amounts of pain and guilt from his soul which is thousands times worst than the first time he experienced this moment. The flashes keep running through his head non-stop and he starts to punch himself in the chest. He stops for a moment and grabs the nearby bottle of alcohol. He proceeds to guzzle down the whole bottle without stopping. He pauses for a moment but doesn’t feel the effect it should have. He throws the bottle against the wall in anger. The flashes continue as the alcohol doesn’t drown them out.

Clem: Spike you need to take it easy for awhile. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot.

Spike: Can’t, need to find Buffy and tell her how sorry I am. That I am a different person and could never do that again. She has to understand that.

Cut to:
Buffy is walking around Sunnydale amazed at how accurate everything is. She doesn’t know why Sunnydale is here and where Spike is. She starts to think that maybe Dioxin created Sunnydale for Spike to live in. She walks around looking for Spike but has to stop every few minutes because the dizziness is still there. Not knowing where to look for Spike she decides to look and find out what the date is. She tries to ask someone the date but the person ignores her. She asks a few more people but they all ignore her like she isn’t there. Finally she finds a newspaper blowing in the wind that lands at her feet. She picks it up and looks at the date. She starts to remember the date and feels her heart drop. She remembers this was the day that Spike had tried to rape her. This was the day he left to get his soul. She starts thinking that he probably is reliving that moment right now. She decides to go to Spike’s crypt to see if she can find him there before he leaves to get his soul. Buffy starts to walk toward Spike’s crypt then she sees everything around her flash forward. People flash through the streets in a blur and the sun rises and falls in a matter of seconds. Time just flashes forward around her but Buffy just stands there but eventually has to lean against a wall because she is dizzy again.

Cut to:
Spike has flashed forward to him in the school basement. He knows immediately where he is but doesn’t know when. He tries to concentrate but can’t focus because of all the voices in his head of the people he has killed. He starts walking around in circles trying to figure out how to stop all the voices. The voices keep talking to him but is able to calm most of them down. Suddenly Buffy shows up looking for Dawn.

Buffy: Dawn we have to get out of here…Spike?

Spike: Buffy. Duck.

Buffy: What duck, there’s a duck?

Buffy fights off one of the spirits and Spike knows what to do so he goes inside the room. Buffy follows him in.

Buffy: Look they will be in here soon. Spike tell me what you’re doing here.

Spike: (rambling) …stole some candy from an old woman…caught…then had to wash her fences…needed more time to ready myself…missed the carriage again…

Spike is trying to regain his sanity but all the voices in his head are returning. What he wants to say won’t come out. He can’t think or talk without the voices talking over him.

Buffy: What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you back here in Sunnydale? I thought that when you left I was hoping it would be for good. You got some nerve showing your face back here in Sunnydale after what you tried to do to me. Did you just go away so you can figure out some other way to try and hurt me?

Spike: …no more paying for bad plays…actors need a lesson or two…found it…my shoe…was under a pile of clothes…can’t believe I didn’t look there…

Buffy: Spike please go away because I don’t have time to deal with this right now. I have to find Dawn but if I see you again I will kill you for what you did. There is nothing you can say or do that can make up for that so don’t even bother. I’m leaving (leaves).

Spike: (cries) …but my yellow crayon is missing…can’t draw a sun without it…hands off the leaky faucet…no one goes near it…gone to go pick up some bread from the shop…

Cut to:
Buffy tries to regain her balance after the dizziness wears off for a moment. She tries to figure out what just happened. She notices that things are different but can’t quite figure out what. She continues to walk toward Spike’s crypt but notices a sign in a store that says “back to school sale”. The sign starts to trigger a memory for her that she took Dawn to that same store for school supplies before she started her first day at the new high school. She decides to go to the school to check to see if Spike may be there. All the people continue to ignore her like she doesn’t exist as she is almost at the high school. Eventually she reaches the front of the school and then a flash forward happens when all the students buzz past her in a blur again. After awhile it stops and she looks around the school and no one is there because it is night time. Angry and confused she decides to head back to her house because she knows that Spike will turn up there eventually. She stops and sits at a bus stop on her way home as the dizziness creeps back. Someone sits next to her and she tries to talk to him to figure out what is going on.

Buffy: Please tell me you know something whether this is a dream or a bad sequel or something. (the man doesn’t respond) You know for Hell this place really isn’t that bad once you get used to it. I know this place was sitting on top of a Hellmouth but Dioxin should have chosen some other crummy place for Spike.

The man still doesn’t respond so Buffy proceeds to nudge him to get his attention. But her elbow goes right through him. She starts to think that maybe she is a ghost in this place and that no one can see her. Still confused she starts back again toward her place.

Cut to:
Spike is back standing in the small chapel which he revealed to Buffy for the first time that he got his soul back. He realizes where he is and laughs. The voices in his head have quieted down so he is somewhat sane again. Buffy enters and looks at him. He retreats back into the shadows.

Buffy: Spike something is going on and you’re gonna tell me right now. You won’t leave and you continue to try and help. I don’t get what your playing at but it ends here.

Spike: I memorized this speech but where do I start. Been reliving all this sodding stuff but it’s not how I remember it. Like it’s you that changed and telling me things you never said before.

Buffy: I don’t think you get it. I been telling you the same things over and over but you don’t listen. I am not going to keep repeating myself. You know how I feel about you and yet you are still here. What makes you think that will ever change?

Spike: Here it’s in me (pounds his chest) and here to stay. Can’t give it a rest. Can’t cut it out. That spark is nothing but a fire that is burning away my insides. I’m a man that’s changed Buffy. And I did it all for you.

Buffy: You’re no man and you could never be one. I don’t care what you have inside you. Nothing is going to make you different or change what you are. You have a soul now big deal. A soul can’t take back what you did to me.

Spike: I know you want me to suffer and I am. This soul is seeing to it. Is he forgiven for his act now that he will be forever suffering in Hell?

Buffy: This isn’t Hell Spike. This is nothing compared to what I wish would happen for you. I’ll leave you and your soul alone for awhile (leaves).

Cut to:
Buffy has finally reached her house and as she reaches for the door she notices it’s unlocked. She has a look around and notices that it mostly how she remembers it. She goes down into the basement to see if Spike is there but he isn’t. She goes around the whole house but it is empty. The dizziness returns as she has a look upstairs and decides she needs to lie down for a few minutes. She goes and lies down on her bed but accidentally falls asleep.

Cut to:
Spike is flashed forward to him in the underground cave where he is being tortured by the Turok-han and taunted by The First. The only thing that is keeping him from giving up hope is that Buffy will come and rescue him. His doubts increase with all of his memories being changed as he relives them. He wonders if Buffy will come and rescue him this time. He out of energy to try and escape on his own so his only hope is to wait for Buffy. He is tied up and waiting for Buffy to come until he sees someone approaching him.

Spike: I get it now. It’s you that making me relive all of this torment. I closed your precious Hellmouth and destroyed your little armies. Now that I’m dead you get to have your way with me. Piss off you ponce.

Buffy: (looks into his eyes while holding a knife) Spike what happened to you?

Spike: Oh it's you...glad to see you pet, been bloody tormented and tortured by The First. Been having me out of my gourd lately. Reliving the past of not so pleasant memories of you. Don’t think I can take much more without going off the deep end for good.

Buffy: (reaches up and touches his cheek) Spike I know what you’ve been through must be terrible. They must have done some bad things to you.

Spike: It’s nothing pet, it’s just so many things have been changed. I wish I could have changed them and not hurt you so. But this lesson they are teaching me I feel I deserve somewhat.

Buffy: Somewhat? (stabs him in the chest and he cries out in pain) Spike you deserve everything that has happened to you. I hope that this ride they’re taking you on never ends. I came here to kill you but since they are having so much fun with you I will leave you here. So long Spike (leaves).

Spike: (in pain) Buffy! Please don’t go! (cries) I knew I bloody deserved this. (looks up) No more, you win…I deserve every bit of this…I know that she never loved me or ever will…just finish me off…haven’t I suffered enough…please just end it all…

Spike starts to accept that Buffy doesn’t love him at all. He believes in what this Buffy is telling him and now hopes that this is all over with.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up from her short nap angry that she let herself fall asleep. She feels a little bit better as she gets up and has another look around the house. The house is still empty so she decides to leave and continue to look for Spike. She thinks of all the places that he could be and decides that she needs to check the school and his crypt again. She goes to both of these places and doesn’t find him. She continues to have bits of dizziness which cause her to stop and rest but they are less frequent. She happens to stroll by the Christmas tree lot and remembers that Spike was underground for awhile. She carefully drops down into the cave and starts to look for Spike. She spots him in the distance tied up as earlier and she tries to rush toward him. But as she gets closer to him a flash forward happens again and he’s gone. She feels her heart drop as she was so close to him but couldn’t rescue him in time. Buffy goes back toward her house as she thinks that is where he will be after this.

Cut to:
Spike is walking outside of Buffy’s house looking to catch her scent and does. He remembers where he is and knows which house to look for Buffy in. He goes to the house and walks upstairs to the bedroom and finds Buffy lying down on the bed as before. He walks up to her.

Spike: This never ends does it…but Buffy I know that you don’t love me or could ever love me after what I put you through…so for one last time I wanted you to hear it…I’m sorry…and if I could change it I would have never come back to Sunnydale…or hurt you…I don’t expect forgiveness how could I but… (looks up) now it’s over. I said what I needed to say and now it’s over so just let me die in peace.

Buffy: I’m glad that you finally accepted the truth Spike. So can you please just go and leave me alone. I don’t have the strength to fight with you right now.

Spike: Goodbye Buffy… (leaves).

Spike walks back outside the house and pauses for a moment and looks up. He waits for something to happen but nothing happens.

Spike: What more could you possible want from me. I’m through with it all. There is no place for me here in Sunnydale (walks off down the street).

Spike can’t seem to get away from this torture of having to deal with Buffy as he is tired of hearing and seeing her. All she does is reinforce the fact that she doesn’t love him and he can’t stand it.

Cut to:
Buffy is walking down to her house and sees someone turn the corner a block away that looks like Spike. She calls after him but doesn’t get a response so she runs after him. Spike is walking down the street toward the end of town. He is smoking a cigarette and not paying attention to anything around him. Buffy is running as fast as she can and when she catches up with Spike she calls out his name. Spike doesn’t hear it and continues walking. Finally Buffy catches up with Spike and turns him around.

Spike: What the Hell do you want? Come to tell me how much you hate me some more or how you could never love me? I don’t care anymore. I don’t want to hear a bloody word from you because I heard it all already (turns back around and continues walking).

Buffy: I love you…

Spike: (looks up but continues walking) Nice try you ponce. I believe that as much as I believe that this nightmare will ever end.

Buffy: I love you Spike…

Spike: (laughs) Not going to work on me. You having a sodding laugh ain’t ya? Why don’t you rub it in some more. Just put me back in my crypt with Harmony and call it a day.

Buffy: I love you Spike…as much as you love me…

Spike: (turns around) What did you just say? Buffy…?

Buffy: (smiles) It’s me. The one who loves you with every part of my heart and soul. Spike we have to…

Spike immediately runs up to her and hugs her to see if she is the real Buffy and knows right away it is. Buffy cries as she squeezes him and doesn’t want to let go. Spike in disbelief finally let’s go to try and understand what is going on.

Spike: How did you get here? You’re not…

Buffy: Spike no I’m not dead. But I don’t have time to explain but I can get you out of here but we have to go now.

Cut to:
Buffy fights the dizziness which is returning as she leads the way back across town to the portal out of the Hell Dimension.

Spike: Buffy, how did you get here?

Buffy: The same way as before.

Spike: It’s always blood.

Buffy: Except it needed more than last time.

Spike: How much more?

Buffy: Enough to get it open so I could find you and get you out of here. That’s all that matters now.

Spike is following directly behind her as they both notice something. The people in the town are all fading until they disappear. They continue running and then notice that all of the buildings start to fade until they disappear. The Hell dimension has returned back to its true form around them. They are surrounded by rocks and lava as they carefully make their way back to the portal. Suddenly the demons that are stuck in the walls are starting to free themselves. They all roar as they see Buffy and Spike. The demons one by one are free from the walls and start to chase after them. Suddenly about a dozen demons are chasing them catching up quickly. They are almost at the portal.

Cut to:
Willow is at the other side of the portal and can see that the spell is starting to break down and the portal is starting to fluctuate. She starts to do all she can to force it open all long as she can.

Willow: Guys, now would be a good time to get back here. Not that I’m complaining or anything but please hurry up.

The portal suddenly closes to about half the size of earlier and Willow chants something as the blood in the bowl starts to evaporate. Willow’s eyes turn black as she continues chanting and then the portal reopens to its original size.

Willow: (in pain) Don’t know how much longer I can hold this…

Cut to:
Buffy and Spike are about twenty feet from the portal when Buffy faints unable to fight the dizziness any longer. Spike rushes over to her and picks her up and continues running toward the portal. The last ten feet before the portal is surrounded by lava with only a few rocks in front of the portal. Spike not knowing what to do tries to think of something because he doesn’t want to accidentally drop Buffy. The Demons are catching up and then Buffy starting to wake up talks to Spike.

Buffy: (barely speaking) We have to…the portal…almost there…Spike…

Spike: Be there in a second luv.

Without thinking Spike is able to use all of his strength and throw Buffy perfectly through the portal. She lands in front of Willow who stops chanting and goes over to her. After she stops chanting the portal closes back to halfway. The bowl is almost dry and out of blood to keep the portal open. Buffy starts to regain consciousness.

Buffy: Is he…is he back…

Willow: No Buffy only you have come back so far. Is he on his way?

Buffy: We were being chased by demons and he must have…I have to go back and get him…

Willow: Buffy the portal is about to close any second now. There isn’t anything I can do anymore.

Buffy: (sits up) If it’s more blood you need then…take what you need…

Willow: I can’t Buffy if you lose anymore blood you’re gonna die. We just have to wait for him.

Buffy: (tries to stand but can’t) Hurry Spike…

Cut to:
Spike is back on the other side fighting off demons left and right. The fury in his eyes makes him unstoppable as he grabs demons one by one and throws them into the nearby lava. They all sink in the lava and are unable to escape. After Spike fights off the last demon and throws him into the lava he turns toward the portal. He sees the portal slowly closing and runs before making a head first dive toward the portal. It closes before he can reach it and he lands on a rock island. Angry he pounds his fist into the ground and yells knowing he missed his chance for escape. In a cloud of smoke behind him appears Dioxin. He laughs before he addresses Spike.

Dioxin: What, did you think that you could escape that easily? No one can leave this place. I guess that barrier I put up earlier wasn’t strong enough to keep her out. I’ll change that… (says something in a demon language) there, she won’t be coming back again.

Spike: So you must be the head master around here. Been the one toying with me so you can make me suffer. Well it’s time for me to turn the tables. You can’t hurt me anymore. I heard it from Buffy, the real Buffy and I know it’s true. You want to keep rewinding the clock go right ahead.

Dioxin: Don’t you get it. She won’t be coming back for you so don’t bother getting your hopes up. What makes you think that she could ever truly love a monster like yourself.

Spike: You see there that’s the thing I know that she couldn’t love the monster but she could love the man. The man I became. The man I am now. You wanted me to see how much she hated the monster by having her tell me that over and over. But you forgot one thing you ponce. She loved the man. She still loves the man. Nothing you can do or say can change that. I am happy now and will enjoy making you suffer.

Dioxin: Did you think that was the worst I could do? I have made everyone who comes here suffer and you will be no different.

Spike: I can take whatever you can dish out you git because nothing can be worst than you having making me doubt myself and her. So bring it you ponce. Do your worst…

Dioxin: I intend to. You have eternity to face my wrath.

Cut to:
Spike is back in the Hellmouth with the necklace around his neck as the Hellmouth is crumbling around him. Buffy is standing next to him as they are the only two left in the Hellmouth. Spike knows where he is and again tells Buffy to go. She grabs his hand again and looks into his eyes as she tells him something.

Buffy: I hate you…

Spike: No you don’t… (smiles) But thanks for saying it…now go… (Buffy leaves). Is that the best you can do. You sorry excuse for a Hell God. (the pain of burning up increases) You stupid wanker. Like I said there is nothing more you can do to me to hurt me.

Suddenly he is back standing in front of Dioxin who is still smiling.

Spike: So what’s next on the menu.

Dioxin: The only other thing that has haunted you Spike…

Spike: And what would that be a spoiled onion blossom…

Dioxin: (steps to the side) Have a look for yourself…

Spike sees something that has him shocked and speechless.

Spike: No not that…how could you…I can’t…

Dioxin: For eternity… (laughs).

Cut to:
Willow is helping Buffy stand up as she walks over to the portal in disbelief that it’s gone. She reaches for where the portal was a moment ago and her heart shatters. She turns back around to face Willow.

Buffy: (hysterical) Willow we’ll try again in a few days Ok. I just need to heal and sleep for awhile than I can give you some more blood. It will be Ok we just have to wait a little longer. He will have to wait a little longer. But it will be worth it.

Willow: Buffy, there is no next time. I’m sorry. I sensing the barrier is up way stronger than before. It’s gonna take a lot more blood than you can afford to lose.

Buffy: How much more?

Willow: Buffy…

Buffy: Willow I have to know…please…

Willow: All of it.

Buffy: Oh.

Willow: You see we did all we could. Buffy it just wasn’t meant to be I’m sorry.

Buffy: It’s Ok I know what we did was right. Those demons must have caught up to us and he had to fight them before he could come through the portal. Too bad the portal couldn’t wait a little longer to close. He sure has the best of luck doesn’t he…?

Willow: I can’t begin to imagine how you feel right now Buffy but you need to rest.

Buffy: (crying) Fate just loves to mess with us. Any chance that we can be happy is always taken away. I can’t do this anymore Willow. My heart can’t keep healing after it keeps getting broken. There is nothing that is gonna fix it this time.

Willow: (walks over to Buffy) Buffy we’ll try to think of something I swear. But right now you need to go and rest. You lost so much blood right now if you don’t sleep it’s gonna get bad.

Buffy: I know Will, but I have to check on Dawn and Giles. I have to let them know I failed. I have to be the one that tells them that I messed up. I didn’t get the job done and that Giles was right. I was wrong to think I could bring him back.

Willow: It’s not like that at all you both were so close to coming back here. It’s no one fault and no one is to blame.

Buffy: No it’s my fault I couldn’t bring him back. He’s still there because of me. If I could have only found him sooner he’d be here with me. (breaks down) Please I know that I could have done more. I could have saved him. Please tell me I could have saved him. Tell me I could have done more…please tell me…

Willow: Buffy…

Buffy: Please…tell me…

Buffy cries as Willow goes over to comfort her. She cries for awhile until Willow helps her up and guides her upstairs. They reach the meeting room and Buffy tells Willow she wants to be the one to tell them. She composes herself before unlocking the door and goes in to talk to them.

Dawn: (kicks Buffy in the shin) Butthole…so where’s Spike?

Giles: Were you successful in bringing him back among the living?

Buffy: He didn’t make it back. I couldn’t bring him back in time before the portal closed. He’s…still there.

Giles: I’m sorry it didn’t work out Buffy. But at least you tried, I suppose.

Dawn: We are gonna try again aren’t we?

Buffy: Willow says it’s gonna take more blood than I can afford to lose, as in all of it. Losing those pints wasn’t exactly a walk in the park.

Giles: Buffy, you gave three pints of your blood for the spell? Are you alright? You must be ready to lose consciousness about now.

Buffy: I need some rest but I’ll live.

Dawn: I know how much this means to you and we will keep looking for another way right guys.

Giles: Right of course.

Buffy: Thank you all of you for putting up with me for the past few days. I know I haven’t been myself but…

Dawn: It’s Ok Buffy really; we understand what you were trying to do.

Giles: We shall expend all of our resources until another way is found I promise you.

Buffy: I think I’m gonna go home now. Dawn…

Dawn: Coming…

Buffy goes home and knows this is the end. But her heart won’t let her believe that even though all logic says otherwise.

Cut to:
Buffy and Dawn arrive back at their apartment. They take a seat on the couch.

Dawn: What was it like in there for Spike?

Buffy: They recreated Sunnydale for him to live in.

Dawn: That doesn’t sound too bad. I thought it would be all fire and brimstone and guys poking you with pitchforks.

Buffy: It wasn’t just that, he had to live with me there.

Dawn: What how can that be? Plus I don’t think he would mind.

Buffy: No it’s not that simple. He had to live with a Buffy that told him she hated him. She must have told Spike that she could never love him. And I think that he started to believe it.

Dawn: Poor Spike, being told by the person he loves “I hate you” over and over again. I don’t know of any person that can take that for a week let alone forever.

Buffy: I think he knows that I really love him and that the Buffy there isn’t real. But I hope that he can deal. Who knows what other stuff they have planned for him?

Dawn: We’ll work on getting him out first thing in the morning. We’ll get everyone at the school on it. We can call for reinforcements.

Buffy: Like who?

Dawn: Ok so maybe Andrew wouldn’t make much of a reinforcement but…

Buffy: I think I’m gonna have to sleep on that. We’ll talk in the morning (gets up and goes to her room).

Cut to:
Buffy is in her room and gets ready to go to sleep. She slides under the covers and reaches for Mr. Gordo. She picks him up and holds him in front of her face as she talks to him.

Buffy: You know Mr. Gordo; you are the only man that I have ever loved that has never left me at one time or another. (squeezes him) And don’t even try to say it’s because you love me because they all said they same thing before they left me. (holds him back in front of her) But I swear if you ever leave me Mr. Gordo I will hunt you down and rip your stuffing out (he doesn’t respond) that’s what I thought.

Buffy hugs him tight so can he can’t escape as she goes to sleep. Another dream hits her immediately as she thinks about what Spike is doing right now in Hell.

Cut to:
Buffy is dreaming that she is back in Sunnydale looking for Spike. She checks everywhere until she finally checks his crypt. Once she opens the door she sees him watching TV and he doesn’t notice her come in.

Spike: …this place may be Hell but at least Passions is still on the TV…

Buffy: I didn’t know that you still watched that stupid show.

Spike: (turns around) Buffy you’re back…come my rescue again eh pet.

Buffy: Not exactly Spike.

Spike: (turns back around) I see, come to yell at me some more. Go right ahead it’s been about an hour since your last bloody tirade.

Buffy: No, Spike it’s me. I have to tell you something.

Spike: (stands up) I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to see you again. Thought that I may have lost you forever since that bleeding portal closed on me.

Buffy: It doesn’t matter Spike. I’m here to talk about us. There is no portal waiting for us.

Spike: What do you mean? Did it close already?

Buffy: I told Willow to close it once I got in here. This is something I have to do. I made the decision.

Spike: Why would you do such a thing? It doesn’t make any sense because we are stuck here.

Buffy: Spike, listen to me I know this isn’t what you want to hear but it’s true. Even if we did manage to make it back to the portal there is no way that Dioxin would ever let you go. He would find some way to keep you here. I just can’t keep doing this, losing you Spike.

Spike: You don’t know that Buffy, this time could be different. We may have made it out in time.

Buffy: Say we both made it out in time Spike what then. If you died again you would be sent back here then I would have to get you out again. It would never end. Dioxin would just keep making impossible for me to get you back. He also said that no matter what you do, there is no changing the past.

Spike: Buffy I know my future is here. But I still have more fight left in me. I’m not ready to stop fighting.

Buffy: I’m through with fighting this. I’m through with not being happy. I’m through with all the people I love always leaving me. I’m through not having what I want. I’m through with not having a say in what goes on around me. It all ends right now.

Spike: Please Buffy just go I know it’s for the best. Don’t bother with trying to be with me anymore it’s just not going to work out. We aren’t meant to be together…

Buffy: No, you’re wrong we’re gonna be together forever because I’m staying here with you.

Spike: I can’t let you do that Buffy. This was not meant for you. I am the one who has to bear this burden of living in Hell not you. Please go home.

Buffy: Spike, I’m sick of having you making the decisions for me in my life. When you stayed in the Hellmouth and I lost you that was not my decision. When you left me alone at my place I had no say in it. I’m finally making a decision that is about us and you are just going to accept it. Just like I had to those other ones you made for the both of us.

Spike: Buffy…

Buffy: It’s not like a girl grows up wanting to spend an eternity in Hell with the man she loves. But it doesn’t matter Spike where we are because we have each other to get us through whatever is next. I don’t care what he has in store for the both of us because our love is stronger than he is. I mean if you rather spend your time in Hell with Harmony than go right ahead.

Spike: There is no one I would rather have as my cellmate than you Buffy.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up from her dream remembering all that happened in it and smiles…

Cut to:
Dioxin: (laughs) You can’t take anymore can you...I told you that I would make you suffer...you are no different than any other demon that has come here...beg all you like it will never end...this is such a perfect punishment for you...I think I may have made a mistake in having you spend eternity with her...it should have been this all along...but you have showed me what an impressive demon you are when you faced our wrath...so I think that you may be of some actual use...as I said your screams make no difference to me so scream all you like...anyways maybe we could come to some sort of deal that we can make to stop this...now I got your attention...listen carefully as I will only say this once...I am offering you some leniency in exchange for a job that I need done...you do me this favor and I promise you your stay will be more tolerable...or at least I will end this misery you have been dealing with for sometime now...so I take that as a no than...well I really would like this done so...you want to see her again...don’t you...just say yes and I will make it happen...make your decision now...what is your answer...(smiles)...


Continued in...Who Has The Last Laugh...
Who Has The Last Laugh by TillDustDoUsPart
Dioxin is talking to Spike while they are in his temple. Spike has gone through his personal torment for longer than he can take and is relieved that it is over even just for the moment. He has agreed to hear what Dioxin wants from him if it gives him the slightist chance of seeing Buffy again.

Dioxin: I am glad to see you finally have agreed to end this torment of yours. I was wondering what was taking you so long because I know you couldn’t have put up with it much longer. No person can and especially you.

Spike: What is it you bloody want from me?

Dioxin: I was very impressed at how many demons you were able to kill that day. Also as I looked in your soul I saw many more. What I want is for you to be my personal reaper. I want you to be my grim reaper and bring back those who I need here. It won’t be very hard for a killer like yourself. You are a demon that can kill any other demon. That is why I need your help.

Spike: Grim reaper? Have you gone completely mad? I’m not going to be your errand boy and going off to fetch all these demons for you. Go piss off.

Dioxin: I’m disappointed Spike but you’ll come around and do as I say. You know exactly what is going to happen now don’t you. We’ll see how long you last this time.

Cut to:
Buffy is back in the meeting room in the Slayer school with Giles, Willow, Dawn, and Kennedy who are all discussing ways to bring back Spike. They are trying to research other ways to bring back Spike or re-open the portal back to the Hell dimension. Buffy with a heavy heart is trying her best to find a way no matter what she has to do.

Giles: Buffy, I must say this doesn’t look too promising at the moment because something like this hasn’t really been done before. Generally speaking people don’t go about trying to bring back demons from the dead for any good reasons. Most of these rituals are for bringing back evil demons.

Willow: I don’t think we need another case of “William the Bloody” here Buffy. That’s the kind of stuff I’m finding also.

Buffy: I guess then we need to focus our attention back on re-opening the portal. Is there anything besides my blood that can do it?

Willow: Not that I know of at the moment. I mean I have heard of other stuff that can let you go to other dimensions and there are spells that can do that also. But those are some dangerous black magic stuff and I don’t want to get back into that.

Buffy: I understand and wouldn’t ask you too. Just I need to know again why the spell needs all my blood this time.

Dawn: Buffy you did that before and we aren’t letting you do that again. You are not going to try and leave us again are you?

Buffy: No, no I’m not going to do that to get Spike back. Besides that was totally different with the whole world ending and the dimensions all starting to melt together.

Willow: Buffy the spell this time requires the blood of the entire person who is entering it. Somehow the barrier between dimensions is up way stronger than before and it needs all that energy to open it.

Buffy: So that means basically I would have to give up all my blood just before I enter and that doesn’t sound fun at all. I would be going in there a corpse and that’s not my idea of rescuing Spike.

Willow: Well technically you don’t have to do it right before you enter but you do need the amount of blood that would fill your body though. I’m talking about the whole eight pints that is in your body.

Buffy: Oh.

Giles: Losing three pints is just about the limit for anyone so we can’t go even close to that and expect you to survive.

Kennedy: Any chance we could fool the spell by adding someone else’s blood?

Willow: I already thought of that and maybe using some kind of loophole by using all Slayers blood. But it needs to be from the person who enters first to open it up. After that I guess anyone can go through.

Buffy: Ok I think I got it for now maybe we should just take a break and give it another go tomorrow. I got to round up the newbies so they don’t start to slack off.

Buffy leaves but still has her mind on Spike and decides she has to get Spike back in her life. Without him she feels this emptiness that can’t be filled by anything other than him. She knows the only way to get Spike back at this moment is her blood but knows that the eight pints will kill her all at once. Buffy goes home after her long day.

Cut to:
Spike is back dealing with his personal torment for what seems like weeks to him even though only a couple of days have past. He has refused to be his reaper as he doesn’t want to kill demons for Dioxin and be under anyone’s control. Although he knows that he can’t take this punishment for much longer as he starts to lose himself. He can hear Dioxin’s voice.

Dioxin: How long are you going to fight this? You know very well that you aren’t in any position to bargain. Must you keep going on with this needlessly? Your foolish pride will be your ending.

Spike: Sod…off…

Dioxin: (smiles) I have all eternity to wait but do you and what about her. I thought you wanted to see her again. Maybe I was wrong.

Spike: Buffy…

Cut to:
Buffy is getting ready for bed and slips in under the covers. She reaches behind her for Mr. Gordo again. She talks to him again and explains to him what is going on.

Buffy: (places Mr. Gordo on the bed in front of her) Mr. Gordo I just don’t know what to do about Spike. I have to get him back not only for me but he is suffering there in Hell and I can feel it. Willow tells me that she needs all eight pints of my blood this time to open the portal and everyone knows that I can’t lose all that at once. But you know now that I think about Mr. Gordo all I have to do really is show up with eight pints of my blood for the spell. I don’t have to give it up all at once. Just some everyday until I have about eight pints worth. That should work right (he doesn’t respond) it has too. I have to do this Mr. Gordo it could take forever to find another way.

She grabs him and holds him tight as she goes to sleep deciding that she will give up the blood needed to open the portal to rescue Spike.

Cut to:
Spike is slowly starting to crack as he can no longer deal with his torment as it is causing him immense amounts of pain. He continues to hear Dioxin's voice.

Dioxin: Isn’t that what you wanted all along? Just to be with her again? I know how much she means to you so should jump at this chance I am offering you to see her again.

Spike: How do I know any of this is real? I don’t want to see her unless it’s really her. None of your sodding knock-offs.

Dioxin: I did mean her and the real Slayer. No more of that image you created for yourself. I will let you see her again but only if you agree to be my reaper. My followers have dwindled in numbers as there is only two left. I believe you met them. I need you to be my reaper and bring demons here as it takes far too long for them to come here now. I like a steady flow of demons coming here but there are still some special cases I want here now.

Spike: If I say yes how exactly will I see her again. Will it be in here or can I go back there to see her? I don’t want her to see me like this. All going completely crazy and insane while I am here.

Dioxin: All you need to know right now is that I promise you will see her again. You will get nothing else until you agree and say yes.

Cut to:
Buffy has gone to the Slayer school and goes through with her daily routine of teaching the Slayers as she tells the others to keep researching. They are trying to find another way while Buffy has already figured out her plan and decides not to tell them so they can continue working on another plan. She grabs some bags they use to carry blood and brings them home. She starts her plan in secret in her room as she cuts herself and lets the bag slowly fill up until there is at least a pint in it. She stops once she starts to feel dizzy.

Cut to:
Spike finally agrees as he makes a deal with Dioxin knowing this maybe his only chance to escape or at the very least see Buffy again. Spike again wants to make sure he can really see Buffy again as he misses her so much.

Spike: Nice of you to finally end this you ponce. Not quite sure I like that reaper title connected to my name but I will do as you ask. I want…no I need to have one last chance to see her.

Dioxin: I have a list Spike that I need to have filled and don’t worry it is not too long. The sooner we get started the sooner you can be with her again. Know this I am giving you the chance to see her but after that you will return to your sorrow as you can never leave this place.

Spike: Fine I bloody get you already. I know where I’m heading when I’m finished so let’s get started on this mission of demon hunting.

Cut to:
Buffy starts to feel the toll on her body physically but tries to hide it. She shows up at the Slayer school and feels weak. She is in the gym helping the Slayers move some weapons when she finds that she can’t pick up a heavy axe. Now realizing how weak she is Buffy asks one of the other Slayers to move it for her. Buffy tries to make sure she can cover up her weakness for awhile and hopes that this is only a temporary problem. She hates having to keep this from everyone but convinces herself this is the right thing to do. She goes to the meeting room and asks everyone how they are progressing and they all say they don’t have anything. This only makes Buffy think giving up her blood is the only option right now.

Cut to:
Dioxin and Spike are talking together in his temple. He wants Spike to start his mission of being his reaper and collecting demons to bring back to his dimension. In order to do this Spike receives the Orb of Isis which allows him to travel among dimensions.

Spike: And what might this be, a trinket that I can use to scare demons into submission. “Come with me or I will throw this at you”.

Dioxin: Let me tell you Spike what you now carry. This is the Orb of Isis. You can now travel to any dimension freely to do my work. Just tell it where you want it to go and it shall send you nearby. Ask it to send you to a certain demon and it will take you there. Ask it to send you to a certain dimension and it can take you there. That trinket is very powerful indeed.

Spike: Nice piece of hardware (throws it up in the air and catches it) feels flimsy though.

Dioxin: All powerful it is but also very delicate. I’m sure I don’t have to tell what should happen to you if that orb was damaged in any way.

Spike: No need for all that. I know exactly what I got here. So you just give me a name and I say it then this orb will send me there. Can we get this over with and start this reaper business?

Cut to:
Buffy starts to let some things slip as she trains the newbies and but no one seems to notice. As she goes to start her training for the day she forgets what she is suppose to do next. She covers it up by asking a newbie what was suppose to be the next lesson. One of the newbies tells her its bow and arrow lessons. She tries to demonstrate for them.

Buffy: (holding a bow and arrow) This is some target practice. I all want you to watch carefully what I am doing.

Buffy pulls back on the bow and can’t pull very hard. She smiles at them and tries again with the same result. She shakes her head and forces it back with all her strength which causes her to miss terribly at the target. All the newbies start to laugh.

Buffy: As I was saying this is how you not shoot an arrow. You guys start taking turns practicing and I’ll watch for awhile.

Buffy walks back across the room and sits down behind the newbies as they all start target practice. She can’t believe that she is so weak she can’t even shoot an arrow. Buffy tries her best to pay attention to the newbies and watching them shoot the arrows.

Cut to:
Spike begins his first mission and begins to hunt down the first demon on the list. Now that Dioxin has given Spike the orb he can start his mission as a reaper.

Dioxin: Let me program this first one for you. I will make sure the orb sends you to the first demon on the list and back here. Hand it over to me.

Spike: You don’t trust me.

Dioxin: Not entirely…yet. Let’s see how this first mission goes then I will show you how it works.

Spike: Fine all yours. (hands the orb to Dioxin) Just tell me who or at least what he looks like. So I can bring this demon back to you.

Dioxin says something in a demon language and then hands back the orb to Spike. Suddenly a portal opens in front of Spike.

Spike: (looks at the portal and then Dioxin) Right…and off I go then. Are you going to tell me what this bugger looks like?

Dioxin: He’s the only demon where you’re going. I shouldn’t have to tell you what he looks like. You are quite familiar with his kind. Let’s see if you can pass this first test.

Spike: (sighs) No doubt this one is a nasty bugger. I’ll be seeing you.

Spike jumps into the portal and finds himself in LA again. He shakes his head as he knows that he will have a fight ahead of him. Not knowing who or what to look for he begins by going into the first building he sees. He walks into an abandoned apartment building searching for his first demon to bring back to Dioxin.

Cut to:
Buffy walks into her office the next day extremely tired from the blood loss. She has a hard time staying awake and just as hard time focusing. She tells herself to put her head down for a minute and it turns into an hour before she wakes up. Just as she wakes Jaime comes in wanting to know why she is late for a meeting they had planned.

Jaime: Am I interrupting you with something? I mean if you had something else you needed to work on a little warning would have been nice. I have been sitting in the meeting room for over ten minutes. Buffy is everything alright?

Buffy: I’m so sorry Jaime I must have lost track of time. I didn’t have breakfast this morning and I must be a little out of it today. What were we suppose to meet about today?

Jaime: We were supposed to go over some new assignments and briefings for some of the Slayers. There are some new cases popping up that we need to look at. I have gathered all the cases in these folders. There are a couple of cases that I think are high priority.

Buffy: Ok I’ll be down there in a minute. Let me grab something to eat really quick and I’ll meet you down there.

Jaime: Thanks Buffy I’ll be waiting (leaves).

Buffy sighs as she gets up hoping that this blood loss doesn’t keep her from doing her work. She still needs to be focused while she is here at work otherwise the others will start to wonder. Buffy heads toward the kitchen to get something to eat and runs into Giles.

Giles: I heard from one of the Slayer’s about your bow and arrow exercise. You really shouldn’t be teaching them that weapons are used for fun and games. Remember that you have to take those lessons seriously as the others Slayers look up to you for guidance. (notices Buffy not paying attention) I know you don’t like lectures Buffy but you do need to listen.

Buffy: (trying to focus) I get you Giles and I was just trying to lighten the mood and that’s all. Rest assured that it will never happen again.

Giles: Are you alright Buffy? You seem a little distracted.

Buffy: Oh what no. (trying to change the subject) I was just on my way to get something to eat and you know me nothing comes between me and food. Not that I am a fat girl or anything. The last thing I want is to be known as “Buffy The Fat Vampire Slayer”. You don’t think I’m fat do you?

Giles: (taken aback) No, no quite the opposite Buffy you are in great shape. What is this all about?

Buffy: Nothing Giles. I got to go meet Jaime afterwards so… (walks away).

Giles looks at her puzzled for a moment as she walks away. Buffy tries hard to focus at the task at hand as she knows that it is important for her to help Jaime plan the missions.

Cut to:
Spike has a look around the building and doesn’t find anyone right away. It looks like some people may be living there. He continues walking until he hears some noises in the distance. He keeps walking until he finds a room at the end of a hallway and can hear a TV on inside. Spike knocks on the door.

Demon: Who’s there?

Spike: (trying to sound menacing) The reaper. The one who is going send you to Hell.

Demon: Go away!

Spike: Not a chance…

Spike kicks the door open and is shocked at who the demon is. It’s someone that Spike recognizes who is equally as shocked to see him.

Clem: Spike…is that you? Gosh this is like something right out of the movies.

Spike: Bollocks…

Cut to:
Buffy is nearly complete with her plan as she is only a few days away. She has several bags full of blood and only needs a few more. Again she goes through her nightly ritual and cuts herself. This time however she passes out right after she finishes bandaging up. She sleeps for an entire day and dreams about what she may have to do to rescue Spike. Her dream has her with a sword and can see an army of demons that she has killed in the past waiting for her. Undeterred she slowly walks toward them.

Cut to:
Spike is unable to bring himself to kill Clem who just looks at him in amazement.

Clem: Spike you really scared me back there with that whole “I am the reaper” thing. How did you get here? I heard some rumors that you died and then came back but didn’t believe it.

Spike: Bloody too long a story to tell. Let’s just say you hit the nail on the coffin except I did that twice. The whole dieing and returning bit.

Clem: Wow what’s your secret. Do you have some good luck charm I should know about? Well let me say it’s good to see you again Spike. You want to go and have a drink. I know this great bar not too far from here.

Spike: No, I’m supposed to kill you and send you to Hell but I know I can’t. You bloody don’t deserve it. There has to be some other way.

Clem: You mean you really are the reaper? What did I ever do to you Spike? Please don’t kill me. Remember all the fun we had back in Sunnydale. I’ll make it up to you I promise.

Spike: I’m not the one who wants you dead. Some other demon wants you dead and in Hell. I was just sent here to find a demon and kill them. And it turns out the demon happens to be you.

Clem: Who told you to kill me? Are you some sort of hit-man now? Just go back and tell them you did and I’ll skip town right away. No one will ever find me or know that I even exist.

Spike: I’m not going to kill you already. Calm down. A bloke named Dioxin sent me to kill you and I’m going to find out why. Just wait right here.

Spike walks back outside of the building leaving Clem. He sees the portal re-open for him and he enters. He walks back inside the temple to confront Dioxin.

Dioxin: So is the mission done and is ready to join us?

Spike: Not yet, not until you give me some answers. Why Clem? He is a demon that never killed anyone that I know of. What possibly could he have done to deserve this?

Dioxin: This is why demons like you can never do my job. Let me explain to you why Clement. He has as you say not actually killed any humans. But he still has done some significant damage. Do you know how the balance of good and evil works?

Spike: Afraid I missed that class in demon school. Why don’t you tell me then.

Dioxin: See all of you on earth think in small terms and can’t open your eyes to what’s around you. There exists a balance of good and evil which your universe was based upon and created from. The reason demons exists is to balance the good toward evil. The reason the Slayers exist is to balance evil toward good. Each exists only to balance the other. Without one there would be no need for the other to exist. Then your universe would simply not exist. So the reason that demons exists is to strike fear into the hearts of humans if nothing else. Some choose to kill but if done too much and too often it tilts the balance toward evil too much. You should know what I mean after all you are one of worst demons who have been around the past hundred plus years. Again why Clement? It is because he hasn’t killed anyone with his entire time on earth nor stuck fear into any humans. His existence is wasted and pointless. Therefore he must be sent to me.

Spike: Give a bloke a chance to fix it. I’m sure I could get him to scare a few humans. Just give him time.

Dioxin: His time is through on earth. There is no bargaining to be done. Bring him to me if you want to see your Slayer again.

Spike: You sodding wanker. Fine. (pulls out the orb) How’s this bleeding thing work.

Dioxin: You just say the name of who you want to go to and it will know. Now say Clement.

Spike says Clement and the portal opens in front of him.

Dioxin: Simple isn’t it. Just don’t go anywhere you aren’t supposed to or I’ll know. Bring him to me and know this is also why I choose Clement. Now go.

Spike walks back into the portal without acknowledging him.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up the next day not realizing that an entire day has past. She is extremely dizzy for a second and has a hard time focusing and looking at the clock. Then she realizes what time it is and can’t believe it. Dawn comes knocking as she gets up and Buffy tells her that she can come in.

Dawn: Did you just get up? People have been calling all day. Why didn’t you pick up the phone? Everybody wants to know what happened to you because you didn’t show up at the school this morning.

Buffy: I’m sorry I couldn’t get out of bed this morning and I have been really tired lately. I should have called first but I won’t let it happen again. Did anything happen?

Dawn: I just got off the phone with Giles and he said he got Kennedy to fill in for you at the last minute to train the newbies. But nothing else important happened.

Buffy: That’s good. I’m glad I didn’t miss anything. You just got back from school?

Dawn: Yeah. Buffy you have been really quiet lately and always seem out of it at home the past few days. Why haven’t you been able to sleep lately, is it because Spike is gone?

Buffy: (annoyed) Don’t talk about Spike that way. Why does everyone have to talk about him in the past tense like he’s dead? He’s not…he’s just stuck in another dimension right now.

Dawn: Buffy I didn’t mean it like that. We’re still working on it right now but we just don’t have anything solid right now. You know that these things take time.

Buffy: Spike doesn’t have the luxury of time and is just waiting for me to rescue him right now. (calms herself) I’m sorry for jumping at you just now. I’m just so worried about Spike.

Dawn: It’s Ok we’ll talk later (leaves).

Dawn realizes that something is wrong and that Buffy won’t tell her. Buffy is sorry for jumping at Dawn but doesn’t want anyone to tell her that Spike is dead and not coming back. She won’t accept it and won’t stop until she has him back in her life.

Cut to:
Spike finds himself back in front of Clem’s building and goes back to his room. Clem sees him and tries to run and hide but Spike tells him he won’t kill him.

Spike: Look I’m not bloody here to kill you so don’t bother to try and hide.

Clem: How do I know you’re not back to finish your job?

Spike: Do you trust me or not? I’m here to try and figure a way out of this.

Clem: (stops trying to hide) Ok then. Can you at least tell me what’s really going on here?

Spike: Some Demon in a Hell dimension wants me to kill you because you aren’t evil enough. It’s a riot isn’t it?

Clem: I’m not evil enough? But I’m a demon. I’ve done plenty of evil stuff before. Sure I may not be the most fearsome guy around but I just know that I’m just as evil as everyone else. How did this demon contact you and what are you getting in return?

Spike: Simple really I have been dead and in his dimension for a good while now after I died for the second time. You see for us demons when we die not all of us end up with a nice long nap. Some of us go to Dioxin and have to live there in Hell for an eternity. That’s why I’m here again. He has asked me to get demons for him to send to Hell. You just happened to be the first on the list. Normally I would tell him to sod off. But I made a deal with him and I just can’t back out of right now. We need to find some way to out of this for the both of us.

Cut to:
Dawn meets with the gang and tells them something is wrong with Buffy as she isn’t acting herself and the other express their concerns and talk about what they noticed also.

Dawn: I think that there is something up with Buffy but she won’t tell. At home she always seems tired and she just eats then goes to bed. We haven’t really talked at all the past few days.

Giles: I know that something is bothering her but she won’t open up. She was acting rather strangely the other day when I talked to her.

Jaime: Also when we were going over assignments she seemed particularly uninterested when I was presenting her with the cases that have come up. I asked her what she thought and she didn’t have an answer and said to go ahead with whatever. She usually is always hands-on with the planning of the missions and who to send where.

Willow: Maybe she is still trying to get over Spike. I mean I have been working non-stop to find a way to bring him back and Buffy hasn’t really asked me how my research has been going the past few days. I would have thought she would at least ask or lend a hand you know. She could have accepted the fact that he is gone and probably not taking well to it.

Dawn: No, that’s not it at all. When I talked to her yesterday and brought that up she got all upset about us not talking about him being dead. I don’t think that she thinks he’s gone and not coming back.

Giles: Something else it must be then as the Slayers have also noticed that she is not acting normal. They would often tell me how hard she trains them but now she is much more passive and doesn’t really try to lead by example.

Willow: I don’t know what this is but it can’t be good. Tomorrow we should just all come out and ask what’s been bothering her then maybe she will open up.

They haven’t figured it out yet what is going on but decide to confront her to openly discuss their concerns.

Cut to:
Spike and Clem discuss what they are going to do and eventually decide that Clem goes back through the portal and that Spike promises to rescue him later but has to buy Dioxin’s trust for now.

Spike: Look all I know is that he wants you in his dimension and I don’t think he really cares how it happens. I could kill you or we can go through the portal. I think the latter would be a lot less painful don’t you.

Clem: I don’t really like this at all Spike.

Spike: Like I said I need him to trust me. After that I’ll find a way to bring you back here. I couldn’t leave you there with all the stuff that he can put you through.

Clem: You were there before right? So what did he do to you?

Spike: Nothing I care to talk about or want to relive again. Don’t let him beat you like he almost did me. Hold on to something and you can make it through.

Clem: I’m still not sold on this Spike. But I do trust you. You let me crash with you all those times back in your crypt. I guess then I really don’t have a choice here. So how are we going to do this?

Spike: How about me and you fight it out. We’ll make Dioxin think that while we were fighting we fell through the portal.

Clem: That works and plus I’ve been taking some karate lessons. (shows some moves) See Spike.

Spike: Right…Ok lets go to the portal. Remember you have to look like your fighting me.

Clem: Not a problem Spike.

They walk back outside and Spike says Dioxin and the portal opens up in front of them. As Clem in about to walk into it Spike stops him.

Spike: What is it you are going to hold on too? I want to know.

Clem: Oh it’s nothing really…there is a girl I’ve been meaning to ask out but haven’t had the chance to. When I get back I’m finally going to go ask her. I guess this whole thing has made me realize how much I like her. Please Spike don’t leave me there.

Spike: That’s a good thing to hold on to. Nice thing to look forward to. I am kind of holding on to the same thing.

Clem: You’re going to ask out Shelly?

Spike: No, but the reason I’m doing all this is about a girl.

Clem: I see…so how do you want to choreograph this?

Spike: Just wing it (throws him into the portal).


Continued in...The Things We Do...
The Things We Do by TillDustDoUsPart
Buffy is confronted by everyone in the gym and has no escape. She was expecting to see the newbies but instead finds the gang waiting for her. They are here to discuss what has been bothering Buffy.

Giles: You know why we are all here don’t you?

Buffy: A surprise trip to Hawaii?

Willow: Buffy we know something has been bothering you. We can all tell that you have been so distant and always seem like you haven’t slept in days.

Buffy: Guys I’m fine…really. I’m just have not been able to sleep as much as I would’ve liked the past week.

Dawn: There is more to it than that.

Giles: Your duties here have been affected as well. The Slayers have been noticing a change in your attitude as it seems like you don’t even care. I won’t allow it to rub off on them.

Buffy: Ok you guys want me to be a hard-ass again I will. I won’t let them have a rest or anymore time to breath. I’m going to work them harder then ever. Satisfied now.

Giles: That’s not the point Buffy we want to know why you been acting the way you’ve been acting.

Willow: Please Buffy just tell us what the deal is. We’re all trying to help you.

Buffy: Enough is enough. There is nothing wrong with me. I’ve been tired been lately and didn’t realize it affected my work. So it won’t happen anymore. Let me just get on with my day.

Dawn: We are not leaving until we get to the bottom of this. We love you Buffy and only want to help.

Buffy: This is pointless and going nowhere. I don’t know what else you want from me. I am not answering anymore of these questions. You can either believe me or don’t believe me. Just bring the newbies in so we can get started.

Giles: You leave us no choice Buffy. From now on you are relieved of your duties until you finally open up to us. Go home until you are ready to talk about this. We will find out eventually what the meaning of all this is.

Semi-relieved Buffy walks off. Now she doesn’t have to worry about work but now she knows that everyone is going to press her on what’s going on. She tells herself that she will tell them when the time is right.

Cut to:
Spike and Clem give off a horrible show as they pretend to fight as Clem is very bad at acting and fighting. Dioxin comes and suspects something’s not right but doesn’t say anything as he has Clem in Hell now. He explains to Clem why he is here and sends him off somewhere to start his stay. Dioxin and Spike have a brief talk about what just happened.

Dioxin: You aren’t inspiring a lot of confidence with me in your abilities. Did you not kill him because you couldn’t or did you show him some mercy? Either way I would like to know.

Spike: Sorry about that he surprised me. When I told him I was there to kill him he ran off and as soon as I got in front of him we fell through the portal. Rest assured the next one won’t be as sloppy.

Dioxin: We shall see…I want you to now get another demon. Be sure to be careful this one will kill anything it sees. This one has been killing for months and doesn’t know how to stop. Send him here and then we shall see if I can truly trust your skills.

Spike: So who’s the next demon? Does it have a name?

Dioxin: A Thesanus demon…

Cut to:
Buffy at home continues her blood letting as she is on the brink of passing out again. The group has sent Dawn to keep an eye on her and not let Buffy out of her sight. Dawn has just come home and notices Buffy is confined to her room again. Dawn knocks on her room.

Dawn: Are you going to come out and eat?

Buffy: Be there in a little while.

Dawn walks away suspicious but doesn’t say anything yet. Buffy has just finished up again but she eventually passes out again.

Cut to:
Dioxin still has concerns but sends Spike onward to his next person on the list. This time it is a very nasty and big demon that Spike doesn’t mind killing.

Spike: Thesanus demon…those demons are more than a handful. Never actually ran into one but I’ve heard stories about them.

Dioxin: And all of them are true. But this is a big test for you Spike. If you fail and you let this demon kill you than you are right back here with me so there is no choice here. It’s either him or you.

Spike: Nice, send me after a big slimy toothy fellow.

Spike calls the name of the demon and the portal opens up and he enters. He finds himself in a jungle. He can hear in the distance screams of people and a loud roar. He goes in search of it. Eventually he finds some native villagers who have been mauled to death. The demon is destroying a village and Spike eventually finds the demon. Spike throws a rock to get the demons attention. This demon is very big with scaly type skin and long sharp teeth. It constantly drools as it turns around toward Spike. He knows what he has to do and immediately waits for the demon to go after him. The demon charges toward him and he dodges it and lets him crash into a tree. Spike then goes around looking for a weapon and finds a spear. He throws the spear as the demon turns around and it lands in his shoulder. The demon pulls it out and runs toward Spike. Quickly he picks up another spear and throws it but the demon bats it away. Finally Spike sees another spear picks it up but the demon is too close so he uses it to impale the demon. The demon falls to his knees but before he dies takes one swing at Spike and knocks him a few feet away. He gets up.

Spike: That wasn’t so bad (grabs his jaw).

Spike then opens the portal back to return to Dioxin. Then he goes back to Dioxin who is impressed at how fast he was able to kill this particular demon.

Dioxin: Is he dead yet (pauses) yes I know he’s on his way here. Very nice job Spike, you weren’t gone very long and now you taken care of a Thesanus demon for me. He had this coming trust me.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up with the sound of Dawn knocking on the door and wanting to know what she is doing. Buffy quickly hides away all of her things in the closet and runs into the bathroom and turns on the shower. She looks at herself in the mirror and notices how pale she looks and has become. She convinces herself that it’s worth it.

Dawn: You’re not coming out to eat tonight?

Buffy: Dawn, I’m just about to take a shower.

Cut to:
Dioxin and Spike talk about stepping up and moving on to targets that are more important and also harder to send here. Dioxin is starting to test Spike to see if he is ready to complete his true intentions.

Dioxin: This next mission I have for you is going to be unlike any other I send you on. He shouldn’t be too hard for you to take care of. This demon is not a very good fighter by any means so you shouldn’t have any problem. He is nothing without his weapon. You will have to travel to an entirely different dimension than earth. Don’t worry the other demons won’t pay any attention to you.

Spike: Another dimension? Is it anything like this place?

Dioxin: It is in fact a Hell dimension but not like this one. The one who rules over that place has gone soft on those who are there. He would rather watch them kill themselves for food than exact any torture on them. The one you are going after is not the demon lord there but his bodyguard. This demon is the bodyguard and right hand man of the demon lord. The demon has come to earth and killed random people simply to amuse the demon lord. I need you to send him here. First I need you to ask him to follow you here. But he may not go willingly. He doesn’t know why I want him here. So if he doesn’t obey bring him here any way you can. It won’t matter if you kill him because he won’t end up in this place. It is best that you leave him alive and bring him through the portal.

Spike: Won’t this demon lord be angry that I’m going to take away his favorite bodyguard?

Dioxin: No, he was finding that his guard has been acting without his authority so he won’t mind at all. He wants to have him replaced and punished. He asks me to do for him and I said yes.

Spike: I’m just your middle man then I gather. So I go there and tell him to come with me. He refuses, use some gentle persuasion. I’m starting to like this job.

Dioxin: I knew you would now go.

Cut to:
Buffy walks out of her room to get something to eat and Dawn notices how pale she is and confronts her some more about what is going on.

Dawn: What have you been doing in your room all this time? My god, have you seen how pale you look? You aren’t starving yourself are you?

Buffy: No, Dawn look like I told you before I just can’t sleep. Maybe that is starting to catch up with me. I don’t know but I will feel a whole lot better if everyone stops asking me what’s wrong with me.

Dawn: I haven’t seen you eat much in days or do anything but stay in your room. What’s going on in there? Tell me you’re not starving yourself over Spike. I miss him too Buffy, but don’t keep taking it out on yourself.

Buffy: (defensive) I’m not Ok. You want to see me eat then fine come with me to the kitchen and watch me chow down on some food. What I do in my room is my business and no one else’s. God, everyone thinks that I’m so tore up over Spike. I’m not going to lie I miss him a lot. But I’m not letting the fact that he’s stuck there cause me to go nuts. I know that we are going to keep working on bringing him back so I’ve just got to wait.

Dawn: Fine but that still doesn’t change the fact that you are looking like Casper the friendly ghost. There has to be more to it than that.

Buffy: I’ve said what I needed to say to you and I’m not going to keep up with this interrogation. Please don’t tell the others about this. I don’t need them on my case right now.

Buffy walks with Dawn to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Cut to:
Spike enters this new dimension and notices that it is mostly desert and that there are a few demons scattered about looking for food and don’t really notice Spike. He goes to a temple in the distance and finds his demon. He walks into the throne room with the demon lord and his bodyguard.

Spike: (to the demon lord) Dioxin has sent me.

Demon Lord: Hmm…Dioxin has sent a vampire to be his messenger. He must see something in you that I don’t but very well go on with your business. I won’t stand in your way.

Bodyguard: What is this all about? Lord, what should I do with him?

Demon Lord: Nothing. It’s what he is going to do with you. I have warned you for a long time but you continued to disobey me. You keep thinking you know everything. But you are foolish for not hearing my words carefully. This vampire will take you to Dioxin and he will punish you like he does the rest of his demons there.

Bodyguard: Lord, forgive me. I know I have angered you in the past but I thought it was what you wanted.

Demon Lord: Your pleas will not affect my decision as it has already been made and agreed upon. Leave and make it easier on yourself. You have forever to think about what you have done.

Bodyguard: No! I will prove my worth and kill this messenger.

Spike: Wasn’t expecting you to come quietly. (smiles) Let’s see what you got you ponce.

Cut to:
Buffy has finally the amount of blood she needs and decides to let everyone in on what she has been doing and what the plan is. She tells Dawn to call everyone over to her place and explain. Everyone arrives and she tells them who are all shocked that she would do that.

Buffy: I’m sorry you guys for everything really. But I knew that if I told you none of you would let me. You have to understand this was my decision to make and not anyone else’s. I know that I treated some of you badly the past week. But that wasn’t me talking I was honestly tired. This sure took a wallop on me but it’s over now. I have all the blood we need. I’m going to sleep for a few days and rest up until I’m 100 percent because it’s going to be tough getting Spike back I know it.

Giles: I have no words for you right now other than…disappointed. You truly let me down Buffy.

Buffy: I wish you guys could understand what it has been like for me these past couple of weeks. I haven’t been so happy or heart-broken all in a matter of days as I’ve been recently. This is my one chance to finally end all of this misery and I’m not going to waste one second of it. Giles there is nothing I can say to you right now other than sorry. Get ready you guys because in a few days I’m going back there to rescue Spike and I’m going to need everyone’s help and especially support. See ya (leaves).

Buffy goes back to her room expecting the response she just got. She decides that once she gets rested and back to 100 percent that she will stop at nothing to bring back Spike.

Cut to:
Spike has accomplished his mission and brought back the demon through the portal to Dioxin. He is bloody and beaten and very tired after that long ordeal. Dioxin is amazed and very pleased with Spike after all that he has done. Now Dioxin trusts him enough to let him in on what his true intentions are for him.

Dioxin: Impressive, you are doing very well Spike and well on your way to seeing her again.

Spike: When do I get to see Buffy again? I’ve done what you asked of me. Three bloody demons all here for your bleeding pleasure.

Dioxin: In time Spike you will see her but not yet. I have a couple more assignments for you before I can let you see her.

Spike: I’ve been your errand boy long enough. When is this bloody torture going to end? What else do you want from me?

Dioxin: Spike listen to me as I’m about to tell you why I’ve been sending you on these missions for demons. Not only did I need them here to punish them and restore some balance but I was testing your skills as well. I also wanted to see if I can trust you with these very special missions I have next. Let me explain that I want to move beyond my business of just demons and seeing them punished. I have taken it upon myself to restore the balance of good and evil in your world.

Spike: How noble of you. Hoping for a world peace prize?

Dioxin: Who do I want you to bring back next? It’s Slayers (Spike is shocked). There are too many Slayers in the world and need to be thinned out. They have unbalanced the scale of good and evil. If the Slayers succeed in ridding the world of demons completely then there will be only chaos left. Due to the Slayers dark source of energy they will eventually turn to evil. Then what was once good is now evil and then the balance will be forever changed. Your world as you know it can no longer exist.

Spike: I don’t believe in that non-sense. The scale can’t be tipped that much because of the Slayers. There will always be demons in the world. Not even the Slayers can change that.

Dioxin and Spike continue to argue about the Slayers and the balance of good and evil. Spike doesn’t want to be believe what Dioxin is telling him but continues to listen.

Cut to:
Buffy is at home sleeping and the gang discusses at the school what they are going to do and if they will allow Buffy to go through with this. They are still in disbelief at what the plan will be and don’t want to involve anybody else. They argue with what should be done.

Willow: Guys I have to admit that technically the plan should work now that we have enough of Buffy’s blood. The spell does require all the blood of a person’s body to open it up plus I don’t think the portal would know the difference how it got there in the first place.

Giles: It’s not about whether we have enough blood or not or if the spell will work. This is about how Buffy went behind our backs to accomplish it. Seems that she was gradually bleeding herself and I’m worried not only about the short-term effects but the long-term as well.

Dawn: I knew she was acting weird but I could never have guessed this was what she was doing in her room all this time. She truly misses Spike.

Giles: This is not how a rational person acts when you’ve lost someone. She must have been doing this out of grief. No sensible person would do such a thing.

Willow: She is really hurting Giles and I think she feels that only bringing back Spike will fix it. I can’t defend what’s she’s done but I do understand it.

Giles: We are not going to be bystanders and watch her fail in this. Should the spell not work who knows what she’ll do. She has to respect our decision in this. Let no one else know what has been going on with Buffy. I can’t allow the other Slayers to know what she has been up to.

Dawn: Are you saying that we aren’t going through with the spell?

Giles: That is precisely what I’m saying. I don’t believe that she is herself right now. She must be suffering from some sort depression or some other illness.

Willow: I don’t know if we can do that now Giles. She has come this far and if we try to stop her then she might get desperate. I hate to think what could happen then.

Giles: Until we are convinced that she is fully healthy mentally and physically she will not go through with this understood.

Cut to:
Dioxin has explained to Spike that he can see Buffy again after he has taken some of the Slayers that are spread out around the world and brought them back to his dimension.

Dioxin: I thought you wanted to fight the good fight. Most of all you wanted to see her again. I am giving the opportunity to do both.

Spike: Killing Slayers is not my idea of fighting the good fight no matter what you say.

Dioxin: Much like the last demon you brought here you don’t kill them. All you need to do is bring them back through the portal by any means necessary. In fact you can’t kill them while they are in your world. In death they go to an entirely different place than here. To bring them to me they must travel through the portal.

Spike: Bloody torture and suffering is worst than death if I bring them here. I don’t want any part of that. Demons deserve every bit of that but not them. Not Slayers.

Dioxin: They don’t interest me. I don’t care to look within their souls to find a suitable torture for them. Torturing demons is an act I enjoy. Humans are too easy. So are you going to do this for me or not.

Spike: I’m going to…

Spike hesitates in his decision so Dioxin sends him back to his torment. Spike can’t stand it as an undetermined amount of time has passed so Spike agrees. He is convinced that since he wouldn’t actually be killing the Slayers it would be Ok.

Spike: Ok you bloody wanker I’ll do it. Please don’t kill them while they are here. Slayers could be some assets for us later on. We could also use them in some fashion. Don’t bloody torture them either as they might try to off themselves.

Dioxin: I agree Spike. I may need them later for the big finale.

Spike: What are you talking about? What finale?

Dioxin: Nothing you need to concern yourself with now. I have picked out the perfect Slayer for you to get for me. She is isolated and alone so it shouldn’t be much of an issue for you. Your history with Slayers is impressive just don’t fall back into old habits and kill this one dear old William…

Spike: Don’t you bloody call me that name. He’s long gone.

Dioxin: (smiles) Ok reaper…go get her. This one is named Breanna.

Cut to:
Buffy feels that she is fully rested and goes to the school to start the plan to open the portal so she can get back Spike. The gang is waiting for her in the gym. They discuss the plan and they tell her that this is the last time straw as she has clearly not been thinking right in going about this decision.

Willow: Buffy I know that you think that everything is alright now that you’ve given us all this blood but it’s just not going to happen.

Giles: Decisions like these are ones made by people who are grief stricken wanting one last chance to say goodbye. You may not want to hear this Buffy but I do believe that you made this decision out of your depression. If and I mean if we all agree to proceed it will be because we are convinced that you are of sound of body and mind.

Buffy: I am not a nut. Is this your guy’s way of telling me that I need to go to a nut house or see a shrink?

Dawn: Shall we list the ways you’ve gone coo-coo the past week or so. No seriously we need to understand what you are going through before we can let you go on with this. We want to see what your frame of mind is right now.

Buffy: What is there to understand. Help. Spike. Spike. Help.

Willow: Not really helping your cause here Buffy.

Buffy: (sighs) He’s got no one else to do this. I’m the only one that can help him.

She pleads with them not to stop her because of Spike but they are only convinced further that she needs help.

Cut to:
Spike calls out the name and enters the portal. He goes looking for the Slayer which he now finds himself in a small town. He sees a crowd of people coming toward him running away from something. Once the crowd clears he sees the Slayer in a fight with a demon. Breanna is a Slayer who has a few missions under her belt and was sent here because of reports of a monster living in the nearby woods. She is a Slayer who is confident in her abilities and enjoys being able to kill demons. She is very direct and says what’s on her mind sometimes without a filter. He runs up to lend the Slayer a hand and they both fight the demon. They introduce themselves to each other as they fight the demon together.

Breanna: Who the Hell are you? Get back while I take care of this thing.

Spike: The name’s Spike and I know yours Breanna. I could finish him off for you if you like.

Breanna: (turns to look at Spike) How do you know my name?

As Breanna is distracted by Spike knowing her name the demon swats at her and knocks her a few feet away. Spike continues to fight the demon. The Slayer watches as she is dazed for a moment. Spike eventually wears down the demon and snaps its neck. Breanna is amazed that Spike was able to kill the demon and walks over to kick it to make sure it’s dead.

Breanna: You got some nice moves there. (starts to think clearly now) Wait your name is Spike right? Again how do you know my name?

Spike: Someone who sent me here knows you. I’m just glad I got here in time. This fellow looks like he packed quite a wallop.

Breanna: Unless that person is my grandma no one calls me that. My name is Bree. Everyone calls me Bree. Also I may not look like it but I can take care of myself. I’m much stronger than I look. But I never seen a regular person able to take down one of these things before.

Spike: Ok Bree. I know you can pack a punch because you’re a Slayer. I’ve run into my fare share of them. Your skills are not too bad at all. Surely not the best but not too shabby either. As for myself I’m not your average bloke. I’m a vampire with a…

Breanna cuts him off before he can finish and tell her he has a soul once she hears the word vampire. She begins to try and fight him but Spike keeps her at bay as he explains things to her.

Spike: Would you stop already. You Slayers are all dust happy. I was about to tell you I have a soul.

Breanna: What kind of lame explanation is that? Vampires don’t have souls. You think I’m stupid or something?

They keep fighting as she still is trying to take the advantage but can’t as Spike explains to him all the good he has done.

Spike: Would any old vampire come and help you just now. If I was evil I would have gone straight for your neck.

Breanna: That doesn’t mean anything.

Spike: Fine you want a history lesson. I was the one who helped fight against The First in Sunnydale.

Breanna: I don’t believe that. You vampires and demons all love to lie.

Spike: I was the one to close the bleeding Hellmouth. I stood there and watched it all tumble down around me.

She starts to remember what Buffy had told her about a vampire with a soul who had done the same stuff that Spike had just explained. She asks him to name some of the people who were at the Hellmouth with him to see if he is telling the truth and he does. She finally stops fighting him.

Breanna: Damn you’re that same vampire who helped Buffy. I remember her telling me that a vampire who had a soul did that stuff but she never told us his name only that he was dead now. So if you died in the Hellmouth? How are you here now? Was it Buffy who sent you?

Spike: Look that is a long story. I am a trusted friend of hers and I need your help with something.

Breanna: How come I haven’t heard from her that you were coming?

Spike: She doesn’t know that I’m back and I can’t tell her just yet. But I do need your help and Buffy would want you to help me.

Breanna: I am thankful for you helping me but I have to talk to Buffy first. I have to run this by her before I can go off and do anything.

Spike: I need you to trust me and follow me somewhere. I need your help and you are the only one that can help me right now. Buffy can’t know about this right now or it will mess things up. I need you to follow me through this portal and stay there until I return.

Breanna: Whoa you lost me right there Spike. I’m not going through any portals. I barely even know you. I don’t trust you enough for me to just follow you off into who knows where. I’m going to call Buffy.

Spike: There’s no time for this. I know she has her hands full right now. She would want you to help me.

Breanna: What exactly do you want me to do for you? Also what is on the other side of the portal?

Spike: I need you to go and follow me to a Hell dimension and keep an eye on a demon lord there. That’s all I need from you. You will have to stay there until I return. I have to keep earning his trust or else.

Breanna: So all I would have to do is spy on this demon lord until you come back. How long will you be gone for?

Spike: I don’t know yet. He has me as his bloody reaper and errand boy for now. But hopefully you don’t have to stay too long. You’re going to help me then?

Breanna: I must be crazy to even consider this.

Spike opens up the portal and Breanna is stuck unable to move. Breanna isn’t sure is she trusts Spike yet and wants to talk to Buffy about him. But since he won’t let her call Buffy she doesn’t know what to do. She was taught to follow her instincts if she was ever in doubt and her instincts tell her that she can trust him. But he is asking a whole lot of her by telling her to go to a Hell dimension. She doesn’t know what to do.

Spike: You’re going to have to trust me and follow my lead. Do this for Buffy if not for me. She won’t forget this.

Breanna: That doesn’t sound very comforting…

Spike drags her in against her will and they both go through the portal.

Cut to:
The group continues to argue with Buffy as she contends that she is healthy in more ways than one.

Buffy: Why are we wasting time talking about this non-sense? The longer we wait the harder it’s going to be to get him back. I’m completely sane you guys. As you can see I do look much better now. I’ve gotten all my strength back and am ready to finish this.

Willow: Buffy why don’t we go away for awhile so you can clear your head? I know that after you calm down we can discuss our options and go from there. Come on Buffy let’s take a walk.

Giles: Spike isn’t going anywhere Ok. We still have time to keep looking for another way while you are gone and if you still want to do it then we can decide that together.

Dawn: Buffy we need you to help us out here and respect our decision. We all agree this is the right thing to do.

Buffy: (firmly) Listen, all of you. I am not leaving this gym until we get Spike back. He is going through some horrible stuff over there. You made that decision and I can’t change it but I also made mine. I did not give up my blood just for it to sit here and do nothing. You can either help or get the Hell out of my way.

They realize that there is no choice for now so as she can’t be reasoned with so they all agree to help her but they all must be involved and have the final say on what the final plan will be. Buffy not liking not having full control agrees with everyone and they discuss what they are going to do.

Cut to:
Now in the Hell Dimension Spike meets with Dioxin with the Slayer in tow. He is dragging her along through the temple.

Spike: Listen to me Bree. This demon lord trusts me so keep pretending on putting up a fight.

Breanna: Who’s pretending here! I thought you wanted me to spy on him.

Spike: Shh…we’ll talk about this later.

Spike brings her in front of Dioxin and throws her down in front of his throne. Dioxin smiles and tells the Slayer why she is here and who he is. He tells her that she will be Ok for now as she may be of use later. He says something in a demon language and a prison appears in the distance. He orders Spike and another demon to bring her to her cell. Once they start to go the Slayer is reluctant and Spike grabs her and drags her with the help of the other demon. Once she is thrown into her cell the other demon leaves and Spike tells her to hold on tight for awhile while he handles some business.

Breanna: This isn’t what I signed up for…I should never have trusted you. How many Slayers are you going to bring back here until you earn his trust? You don’t believe that BS he was saying do you?

Spike: I don’t really have a choice here Bree. I’ll return as soon as I can. You don’t have to worry because he won’t hurt you.

Breanna: You really don’t expect me to believe that? Let me the Hell out of here.

Spike: Don’t say a bloody word until I get back here. Just keep your mouth shut for now (leaves).

Breanna punches the cell bars in front of her in anger as Spike leaves her there. Spike goes back to Dioxin who tells him that he is doing very well. Dioxin tells him to go and get another Slayer and he asks how many more.

Spike: How many more do you want me to get? They must be all over the planet and sooner or later someone is going to catch on to missing Slayers.

Dioxin: There is couple more Slayers I need for you to get and that’s all. I want to measure the balance afterwards. This next one is someone I’m sure you are familiar with. I want you to find this Slayer in a place called Cleveland. Just say the Slayer in Cleveland and the orb will know as she is only one there.

Spike: Someone I’m familiar with. You mean one of the Slayers I knew in Sunnydale?

Dioxin: Only one way to find out isn’t there.


Concluded in...Coming Back...
Coming Back by TillDustDoUsPart
Spike opens the portal knowing that he has to look for a Slayer he knew back in Sunnydale. He thinks of which of the potentials he helped train it could be. He steps out and finds himself by a bar and enters looking for someone he recognizes. He stands by the counter scanning the crowd for any sign of the Slayer. After awhile he finds the only female in the place playing pool bend over the table taking a shot. He walks over there and starts to recognize who it may be. He walks up behind her.

Faith: (turns around) So you got next…

Spike: That’s me…hello Faith…

Faith: (shocked) No fricking way…Spike that can’t be you man. (pushes him) Solid…whoa my mind is buzzing right now.

Spike: Trust me you’re not the first one. We need to talk.

Faith was given a permanent assignment to stay in Cleveland with a Hellmouth being there. She no longer harbors any ill will towards Spike since she knows that he gave his life to close the Hellmouth.

Faith: This is not happening. I’ve got to be dreaming. Guys don’t just burn up in the Hellmouth and show up all like nothing happened.

Spike: I can explain but it would take too much bloody time and I don’t have it. Let’s go and talk and I’ll give you the quick run-down version.

So they walk over to sit at a table and order drinks while he tells her some of what has been going on.

Faith: So that’s all you’re going to tell me. You die, you comeback, die again, comeback again and now as a reaper for some dude named Dioxin. Well that’s definitely short and to the point. You’re going to have to fill in those blanks someday as I’d like to hear it.

Spike: One day I’ll give you the full version. But I need your help now. Dioxin has me gathering Slayers for his Hell dimension and now you’re next.

Faith: What! You’re here to take me next. I’m not going down without a fight.

Spike: It’s not quite what you think. I need you to trust me. (to himself) God, I’ve been saying that a lot lately. Look I’ve already got one Slayer there waiting for me to return and I need you to take care of her. I need you to make sure that both of you are safe. I know you much better and am sure that you can take care of both of you. She’s still green but a Slayer at heart. You need to watch out for her as I got one more Slayer to get after you. You have to follow me through the portal to Dioxin.

Faith: Wow you just keep blowing my mind Spike. Alright let me get this straight you want me to follow you to the Hell dimension and watch over another Slayer. So I just sit there looking pretty until you get back. That doesn’t sound like a very good plan to me. How are you going to get us out later?

Spike: Haven’t really thought that far ahead yet. I’m just playing this out as I go along. You have my word I will return and won’t leave you there.

Faith: (shakes her head) I’m going to regret this (finishes her shot) alright let’s go. But let’s make one thing clear the other Slayer and I come first. If there is any hint of trouble I’m busting the two of us out of there. Now you owe me one.

Spike: You got it. Let’s be on our way.

They step outside behind the bar and prepare to open the portal when he clocks her in the face to give her a black eye.

Faith: (grabs her face) What the Hell was that for!

Spike: I had to make it look like we just been in a fight. I’m sorry about that I probably should have given you fair bit of warning but what’s done is done.

Spike opens up the portal in front of them and motions for her to step in. Before she does she returns the favor and gives him a black eye. He opens his mouth to say something but before he does he stops and thinks about it for a second.

Spike: Oh yeah right.

They both go into the portal each sporting a black eye.

Cut to:
Buffy and the gang are in the meeting room and discuss the plan in which Willow uses all the blood to open up the portal. She tells them that she doesn’t want to risk anyone else and has to do it alone.

Buffy: I can’t risk losing another person to Dioxin and that Hell dimension. I’m going in alone and you all will just wait for us to come back. You guys are too important to me to possibly lose you to him. If I get stuck there then I can accept that. But I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for that happening to one of you.

Dawn: We don’t want to lose you either and that’s why you are going to take someone with you. You need someone to help just in case something goes wrong.

Buffy: I don’t need your help and I can do this myself. What I need is your support here and now.

Giles: Need I remind you Buffy that we have to final say on this matter. Someone goes with you and that’s final or else this plan doesn’t happen at all.

Willow: Buffy we are going to have Kennedy go with you. You’re going to need another Slayer to watch your back in there. I would go instead but I have to stay here and keep the portal open.

Buffy: No, no Willow I can’t let you send Kennedy to do this. I know how much you love each other. This is something I have to do.

Willow: It’s Ok Buffy really. I’m fine. I trust her and I trust you. I know you two will make it back together.

Buffy: Thank you so much Will. I’ll make sure that she makes it back no matter what. Don’t worry.

Willow: I’m not worried. Who’s worried? I know all three of you will make it back.

They go back in the gym and prepare to open up the portal.

Cut to:
Spike throws Faith onto the ground to put up a good show for Dioxin and she is not too happy about it. Dioxin introduces himself to Faith and tells her why she is here. She just tells him shove it. He smiles and sends her away with Spike helping. She struggles as they drag her off. Once they reach the cells she is thrown into the cell next to Breanna.

Spike: Remember just sit tight until I return. I’ll be back soon.

Breanna: When are you going to let us go? Did you trick her too?

Faith: (to Breanna) I’m here to look after the both of us. I’m Faith and he didn’t trick me I came because I trust him. Listen Spike I’m only giving you a couple of hours and then I’m busting both of us out of here.

Spike: And go where exactly? This is a Hell dimension. There is no escape without me.

Faith: I don’t know Spike but it sure beats sticking around here. I was locked up before and told myself that it wasn’t going to happen again. You got two hours.

Spike: Bugger that (leaves).

Breanna: Haven’t we met before and oh by the way I’m Bree.

Faith: I think we did awhile back. It was our stupid annual Slayer get together.

Breanna: Oh yeah now I remember. So, do you think we are ever going to get out of here or he is going to keep on bringing Slayers back here?

Faith: He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes but I trust him. And don’t worry in exactly two hours I’ll bust us out of here if he doesn’t come back.

Breanna: How exactly can you tell the time? I don’t have a watch, do you?

Faith: Nope. I just go by reciting line by line my favorite movie. Works every time that’s how I passed the time when I was in prison.

Breanna: Really what movie?

Faith: Kind of embarrassing you know. If I tell you better not say a word to anyone or I’ll leave you here. It’s…Pretty Woman.

Breanna: (excited) I love that movie. Especially that part when she is getting all dressed up for the big party.

Faith: (equally as excited) I know plus that other part when she was…

They talk about the movie to pass the time while Spike goes back to Dioxin.

Dioxin: The time has finally come Spike. Like I told you before if you do what I’ve asked then you can see her again. You’ve done an excellent job as my reaper.

Spike: Finally, it’s all over then.

Dioxin: Yes, now go see her. (smiles) But remember to bring her back here afterwards.

Spike: (shocked) What do you mean? I thought you said it was over?

Dioxin: I told you that you can see her again but I didn’t tell you why. She is the last Slayer to be brought back here as she can no longer train any of the new Slayers and this should tip the balance back towards equilibrium. You can spend some time with her there before you bring her back if you wish but you must bring her back.

Spike: You have to be daff to think I would bring her back here. There is no way I would ever let Buffy come near this place again. I don’t care even if you throw me back into that bloody misery. It will never happen.

Dioxin: Haven’t you figured out by now that I always have what I want done. If you don’t want to do it then I can just send somebody else. Do you know why I choose you? It’s because of that soul of yours. You have control of your actions and don’t act upon impulse like all these other demons here. I could always send someone else but do you really want that. I would think that some of the demons here would simply just try to kill her rather than send her back here. They aren’t as easily controllable as you are. Make your decision now or I will test that resolve of yours and send you back into that torment you love so much.

Spike still refuses but then starts to realize that if he doesn’t do it some other demon will simply try to kill Buffy.

Spike: I’ll do it but not for you but for Buffy. I’m going so some other demon doesn’t go and off her. Tell me what will happen to her once she is here. You going to lock her up too?

Dioxin: That is really none of your business. But if must know I don’t plan to kill her. I only want a favor from her then I have no more need for her. Since neither of you can ever leave this place again I’ll make a special exception for you two. You can spend all eternity with each other. If she agrees to help me then it will happen. You can both be in the same cell together. If she refuses then both of you shall be tormented together instead.

Dioxin forces him to go now and he goes back through the portal. He ends up in front of the Slayer school.

Cut to:
The group is all in the gym and prepares to open the portal as they check to make sure there is enough blood. They pour all the blood into a giant bucket. They have Willow start the spell and she opens it and it is the same as before as it is not entirely stable.

Willow: Buffy this time for sure you have only a small window of time to get him. I’m thinking that it’s only about half an hour before it shuts then that’s it. Some of the blood is starting to go as we speak.

Buffy: You sure that Kennedy can enter too because there is only my blood in there.

Willow: That’s why I had Kennedy drop some blood in there too. Don’t worry she doesn’t need as much as yours just a few drops because that only applies to opening the portal. She can enter too now that she’s given up some blood.

Buffy: Guys this is not goodbye. I’m not saying goodbye and don’t tell me goodbye either. We all are coming back.

Buffy repeats this to everyone as she hugs them. She gives one last look at everyone as both she and Kennedy enter the portal. Seconds later Spike shows up being chased by Jaime. The group all focuses on Spike. In shock he realizes what is going on and runs toward them. Just as he does Willow loses focus and the portal closes. They then turn back around toward the portal and realize it’s gone.

Dawn: (panicking) Willow open it back up.

Willow: (stuttering) I…I…can’t. Some of the blood is already gone. I don’t have enough to open it again. I had to stay focused in order to keep it open. Oh no Buffy…Kennedy…they’re stuck there.

Spike runs up to them to tell them that they made a terrible mistake.

Spike: This is a bloody tragedy. I have to go back and get her.

Giles: (still in disbelief) Spike what the devil is going on? How did you manage to escape? Buffy just went back there to rescue you.

Spike: Rupert I don’t have time to explain. (pulls out the orb) I have to make sure she is safe.

Giles: What is that you’re holding?

Spike: This bloody thing is what allows me to get from there to here.

Willow: Wait a minute Spike. All you have to do is use that and you can travel over there.

Giles: Spike we need your help to rescue Buffy and Kennedy. They are both stuck there because of you but I’m not going into that right now. Look we need to figure out a plan so we can resolve this once and for all.

Spike realizes that he needs their help to break the hold that Dioxin has over him. He finally opens up about everything that has happened to him and what Dioxin has told him. They are shocked to hear it but then start to focus on rescuing Buffy and the rest of the Slayers.

Cut to:
Buffy and Kennedy have their hearts break as they see the portal has disappeared behind them. Kennedy breaks down and Buffy does her best to comfort her even though she is heart broken as well. They tell each other that they will find some way to get back and that they will force Dioxin to do it somehow as they have no other choice being stuck here. They walk for awhile as they don’t see anything but emptiness and the random demon stuck in the walls. They continue walking and see the temple in the distance and go to it. They see another demon guard and Buffy tells Kennedy to be ready but the demon simply steps aside as they approach. They continue walking into the temple cautiously as they finally reach the throne room where Dioxin is waiting for them.

Dioxin: (laughs) This is such a funny moment Slayers forgive me. (to Buffy) I sent someone to bring you back and it turns out I didn’t need to. You really are relentless Slayer. I guess there isn’t any stopping you from returning to me. I can finally proceed…

Buffy: We want Spike back and to be sent back home. Don’t think for one second that we are going to stop until that happens.

Dioxin: (laughs) You really are a feisty one Slayer making demands like that.

Dioxin says something in a demon language and dozens of demons storm the throne room and surround them.

Dioxin: Don’t be foolish Slayers. I have a near endless army. I simply want to have a talk with you Slayer. Let’s talk and maybe we can then discuss what will happen to you both. (points to Kennedy) Now take her away.

Kennedy tries to resist all the demons trying to grab her.

Buffy: (to Kennedy) Don’t fight this now. It will all work out.

They drag her away and throw her into a cell next to the other Slayers. Buffy and Dioxin begin to talk.

Buffy: I don’t have any reason to trust you so show me Spike and we can talk.

Dioxin: I will give him back to you if you promise to help me Slayer.

Buffy: How about I find you a nice juicy cow instead?

Dioxin: Listen to me Slayer this is something you need to consider seriously.

He tells her how the world works on the principle of balance of good and evil. The world must exist this way in order to function. He explains to her about the Slayers and how they could unbalance the world and leave it in chaos. He tells her that neither extreme can truly exist as one will always try to balance out the other. But also the world can never reach exact balance either because that is how the world was first created in the beginning. So he tells her that his master plan to be in control of both here and earth dimension.

Dioxin: You see I want to be in control of all afterlife of not only demons but humans as well. I want to make it so that humans end up here with me. Then I could be the afterlife lord of all beings. But in order to do that I need your help.

Buffy: Sounds Looney Tunes to me. How do you expect to do all that?

Dioxin: I am evil and know it but you can help me by balancing me. You can balance my essence to make me truly a neutral being. I have unlimited power in this dimension and can make it over any way I wish. I can change all the rules but my power can only be used here. In your world someone with my power can change the rules such as the afterlife but only one who is truly neutral in their essence. That is where you can help me. I need your power of good to balance me. Your essence of good is the only thing that is strong enough to balance me. All I have to do is copy your essence of good onto myself. Then as I stand in the portal that separates our worlds with one foot in each. I can channel my power from this dimension into yours and re-make it as I please. But I do promise you that the only thing I will change is the afterlife. Even though my essence will be neutral my consciousness will remain as long as a part of me is in this dimension.

Buffy: I won’t let you do any of that not even for Spike. I will fight you forever if I have too.

Dioxin: I could take it by force if I wanted to. The only way you would ever change that would be to turn yourself evil. Then you would be of no use to me. Do you really want that? Besides I have other forms of persuasion Slayer. If you don’t cooperate than you will have a long time to reconsider as your stay will be very unpleasant.

Dioxin again orders his demons to take her away as she resists but eventually drag her to her cell.

Cut to:
The group all discusses what they are going to do and they research what exactly the orb is and what it can do.

Willow: I’ve got something. This Orb of Isis is used as a gateway between dimensions. It’s the only form of travel that Dioxin has between his and our dimension.

Giles: So without this orb he is stuck there. Is there a way to destroy it?

Willow: Turns out that this is thing is not only pretty but also very fragile.

Spike: Pretty…?

Willow: Oh I’m sorry this is not the time for that. But yeah, also Dioxin was able to program the orb in his dimension to make it funnel demons to his dimension. Ordinarily demons wouldn’t have anywhere to go in particular.

Giles: We can destroy the orb and he would no longer have the ability to enter this dimension or any other one.

Spike: Most importantly I wouldn’t have to worry about going back there once I kick the old bucket. Sounds like a plan I go back there rescue Buffy and smash it once we get back.

Giles: In the most simplest of terms yes. He could be setting an ambush for you when you return as he has Buffy. He only needs now the orb.

Spike: Well I’m off then. Buffy would want me to go at it alone. She wouldn’t forgive me if I let one of you tag along.

Giles: We’ve heard that argument before entirely. You need someone to go with you. Perhaps…

Spike: You, how about you Rupert. You really want to go with me to a Hell dimension? I’ve seen things that you can’t bloody imagine and had to endure things that nearly drove me bonkers. So you want someone to go with me then it should be you.

Giles: I don’t like that idea either. We shall play this out your way it seems.

They all go back to the gym and he tries to tell them something reassuring but can’t so he goes back through the portal. He goes back to the dimension and ends up in front of the temple again. He walks back to Dioxin who is waiting for him.

Dioxin: You have accelerated my plans faster than I could have imagined. Now you can have your reward. She is all that stands in your way. I suggest that you have her cooperate with me so you can spend eternity together.

Spike: So this reaper business is over and no more running back and forth between dimensions. At least if I’m stuck in this sodding place I got Buffy to keep me company.

Dioxin: Bring her to me and then I can decide your fates together.

Spike turns around to leave but he is stopped by a demon guard.

Dioxin: Aren’t you forgetting something Spike…my orb. Give it to him.

Spike hands the orb to the demon guard who places it in his pouch. Spike turns back around and walks toward Dioxin.

Spike: Do you really intend to keep your end of the bargain?

Dioxin: Of course.

Spike bumps into the demon on his way out and steals back the orb without the demon noticing as the demon goes to Dioxin’s side. He goes to the prison to free the Slayers and immediately knocks out the demon guard there. He sees all the Slayers locked up and immediately goes to Buffy’s cell. They look into each others eyes and get lost for a moment then the others Slayers break it up.

Faith: Are you getting us out of here or what?

Breanna: Tell me that I am getting paid overtime for this mess.

Kennedy: Look I haven’t been here as long as them but I hate it here already so let us loose.

They snap out of it and he unlocks them all. They walk outside together.

Spike: You have to take this (hands Buffy the orb) get them back home. All you have to do to use it is to say the name of who you want to go to and it’s sends you right there. Just keep it open long enough for me to return.

Buffy: You’re not coming with…

Spike: I have to bring back an old friend. He’s counting on me and I told him I would once this was over. I’m sorry I can’t leave him here.

Buffy looks into his eyes and leans in to kiss him but is broken up by Faith.

Faith: I hate to be an insensitive bitch but we have to get out of here.

Buffy: (to Faith) Let me say goodbye first.

A tear rolls down Buffy’s cheek as Faith runs off. Spike wipes it away and motions for her to go. She runs off after the others but stops and turns around toward Spike.

Buffy: Promise me…

Spike smiles and walks off in the other direction not wanting to make a promise he can’t keep. Another tear falls down Buffy’s cheek as she turns around to catch up to the other Slayers. She tells them that he still has some business here he needs to take care of. They run until the temple is no longer in sight and Buffy uses the orb to open up the portal. One by one the Slayers jump through with Buffy being the last to enter. She pauses and looks back for Spike and doesn’t see him. Buffy wipes another tear away as she goes through. They end up back in front of the group in the Slayer school. They explain everything.

Giles: Buffy we need to destroy the orb now that you’re all back. It will stop him from traveling dimensions anymore. This is our best chance to stop him.

Buffy: Not everyone is back yet. Spike is coming back this time.

Giles: We can’t keep doing this Buffy. You have the chance to do the right thing however painful it maybe. These are the tough decisions in life that we all have to make. You have to let him go.

Buffy: Are you trying to make this decision for me again? I am not closing the portal until he is back. When are you ever going to trust me and start respecting my choices?

Giles: Buffy I can’t make this decision for you anymore. I will trust your judgment and your decision. But remember you aren’t the only one here. This decision will affect all of us.

Willow: Buffy whatever you decide is fine with me.

Dawn: We’ve waited this long might as well stick it out.

Kennedy: I got your back Buffy.

Faith: Your call B.

Breanna: This is nuts…you’re all nuts…but your in charge here.

Buffy looks around and makes her decision.

Buffy: It stays open and we wait for Spike. I need all of you to get weapons because I don’t know how long it will take for him to come back. Plus who knows what could come back through here. We have to be prepared for it.

Everyone goes off to pick up some weapons and wait for Spike to return.

Cut to:
Spike goes and looks for his old friend as he knows he doesn’t have much time. He continues to look for him then sees a small building in the distance and enters. Spike immediately finds who he is looking for as he comes running in his direction and spots him.

Clem: Spike, I need your help…something has been chasing me and I can’t lose them.

Spike: What?

They both hear something coming and Spike readies himself for what’s next. He’s shocked to find out what has been chasing Clem.

Spike: Cats! That’s run you’ve been running from?

Clem: I have to get out of here but I can’t leave.

Clem tries to leave but can’t as a barrier is preventing him from leaving. Spike grabs Clem as the cats are coming at them and pulls him outside through the barrier.

Spike: What the bloody Hell was that? Being chased by cats? Is that your idea of Hell?

Clem: Spike thank you so much for saving me. I’ve been running from them since I’ve been here. I’m terrified of cats.

Spike: We’re talking about cats. Little buggers who can’t possibly hurt you.

Clem: You don’t understand Spike. I’ve had some bad experiences when it comes to cats. Eating kittens is one thing but cats are totally different. Plus I think that I’ve eaten some of those cat’s kittens. They weren’t too happy about either.

Spike: I get stuck here and have to deal with bloody misery. You come here and get cats. Hardly seems fair at all. Dioxin that wanker let me have it.

Clem: What did you have to go through? Was it worst than cats hissing and coming at you?

Spike: (shakes his head) Not worth talking about now. Let’s be on our way out of this bloody dimension forever. (to himself) Cats…

They make their way back towards the portal. Elsewhere Dioxin knows something’s wrong and orders his guard to find them. They keep running toward the portal and run into the demon guard who is standing in front of the portal. Spike immediately fights the demon and Clem is standing there watching. He then tries to help and jumps onto the back of the demon who just throws him off. The ground is cracking beneath them as they fight and in the cracks lava starts to seep out. They keep fighting until the there is lava completely surrounding them as the ground they are on is now an island. But the island is shrinking rapidly. Clem ducks and gets on his hands and knee’s thinking it is the end and holds his head. Spike uses the opportunity to knock the demon backwards who falls back over Clem into the lava.

Spike: Thanks for you help.

Clem: Don’t mention it.

Suddenly Dioxin appears just in front of the portal.

Dioxin: You can’t leave. I told you before that you can’t leave this place. You are not going to escape my wrath.

Spike: No more Hell for me.

Spike proceeds to tackle him and they both go through the portal. The group is shocked to see them as the both get up. The Slayers and Spike all surround Dioxin who is just smiles.

Dioxin: It’s not over yet…

He motions toward the portal and they all see Clem run through scared. Then suddenly half dozen demons comes racing through the portal then they all fight. Spike and Buffy fight Dioxin while the others fight the other demons. Slowly each of the demons is defeated and all disappear once they are killed. Buffy and Spike have Dioxin beaten as he doesn’t have much hand-to-hand combat skill.

Dioxin: I will never quit until my plan is realized. I will have the last laugh.

Dioxin runs back into the portal. Buffy quickly pulls out the orb and steps on it. The portal disappears and now Dioxin is stuck in his dimension. They now know that Dioxin’s hold on Spike’s future is gone as well. Everyone is relieved that it is all over finally. After everyone checks on one another Buffy and Spike gravitate toward each other. They look into each others eyes and Buffy cries as they hold each other. The others slowly walk away talking amongst themselves leaving them in privacy.

Buffy: You had me so worried that you weren’t coming back. What were you doing back there?

Spike: I had a bit of a feline problem I had to sort out and I never seen so many bloody cats before.

Buffy: Cats…you had to fight some cats? Why cats?

Spike: Does it really matter? I never thought I would know this feeling again…holding you.

Buffy: I held out hope even when nobody else did. I fought so hard for this and I’m not letting go this time.

They hold each other as the world passes by around them. No more words are spoken for hours as they just enjoy the feeling of being in each others arms again.

Cut to:
They are back in Buffy’s room and they talk about everything that has happened. They are both lying down in her bed.

Buffy: The things I’ve done since you’ve been back in my life again…I don’t know if I’ve gone crazy or what but I think it was still worth it.

Spike: It was no easier for me luv. I’ve done some bloody things that I soon rather forget. I was also on the brink of losing it too.

Buffy: How did we get here? The past few weeks have been a complete blur. I don’t think my heart has known so much pain and sorrow. It’s like some part of me doesn’t feel like it’s over.

Spike: I don’t know either pet. When I died in the Hellmouth I thought I was happy. I did the right thing and finished the job. But I also knew that it was the proper send off for me. Then I came back for the first time. I ended up in LA a bloody ghost with no place to go. After I got my body back I wanted to go and see you again. At that time I didn’t know if you really loved me or not especially after all those times you let me have it. So I wanted your last image of me to be of a hero and a champion who gave his life for the good fight. That’s why I never came back sooner except one time I came looking for you.

Buffy: You did? How come I never heard about it?

Spike: Every time that I showed up looking for you I only saw that wanker Andrew. It was like we weren’t meant to see each other yet as our paths never crossed. Almost like it was supposed to happen in these past few weeks or so that we would meet again.

Buffy: That dumbass never told me you visited. But then again I hadn’t really talked to him much the time he stayed here. We were both too busy. Maybe it was good that we didn’t meet. I was going through a rough time there and I don’t think anyone could have helped me through it. I had to pull myself out of it.

Spike: Then this bloody mess with Dioxin started. Having to become William the bloody again wasn’t a pleasant experience. I hate having to believe your first image of me coming back was that of him.

Buffy: Spike like I told you before I know that wasn’t you. That was just someone who died long ago.

Spike: What happens next is I finally get my soul back again only to do the dumbest thing by leaving you again. A lot of good that did me as you had to watch me die right in front of you. Then Dioxin has me reliving all these sodding memories. I almost let him beat me but then you showed up only to have that bloody portal close on me. After that it only got worst for me there.

Buffy: What was it he had you go through after I was gone?

Spike: Not bleeding cats that’s for sure. It hurts too much to even talk about. Then he has me running around gathering demons and Slayers for his dimension. Only to try and get me to bring you back. I had come to try and get your help but you had already gone back there after me. All this mess when you think about it is completely bonkers.

Buffy: I wonder what fate has in store for us tomorrow. Do you think it will give us a day off?

Spike: I wish I knew pet.

Buffy: Well I’m gonna take a day off anyways because there is something else I rather be doing.

Spike: And what would that be luv.

Buffy: I want to spend the day with you. Besides I think I’m owed a day off once in awhile when someone special comes back in my life.

Spike: Sounds like a plan to me. It’s been bloody too long since we had any time together.

Buffy: There is something that we need to do tomorrow and it’s something we have never done before.

Spike: Well I can’t imagine what that would be because we have done almost every sodding thing known to man. Whether it’s fighting or arguing or even that stuff I still can’t spell. What else is there?

Buffy: A date.

Spike gives Buffy a funny look.

Buffy: I don’t know if this is some perverse dream or what but I’ve never been happier. Will you be there when I wake up this time?

Spike: No. (Buffy looks sad) I will be there every time you wake…always.

Buffy: I love you…

Spike: I know…there’s no need to say it (Buffy starts to tear up) I can see it in your eyes luv.

Buffy: Is this real?

Spike: I don’t know (kisses her).

Buffy: (smiles) Real enough.

They enjoy a nice long laugh together. They are finally able to be happy again. Each knows that one loves the other and is willing to do anything to be back together.



fin







Mr. Gordo: (speaking childlike) Wow I can’t believe that Buffy is happy again. She was always so sad since Spike had gone away. I always knew that she loved him. She never told me for forever but I knew. I knew he was back all along but couldn’t tell Buffy. When he left again I couldn’t tell her why. Buffy had to find out for herself. I don’t know why she told me to never leave her. I’m staying right here. All that stuff that happened afterwards I couldn’t watch her do that. She hurt herself so much to get him back. In the end Buffy is happy and if she’s happy then I’m happy.

Buffy walks into her room startled as she sees Mr. Gordo in the middle of the bed and is shocked by what she just saw.

Buffy: (confused) Mr…Gordo…?






I wanted this scene left open for interpretation. Is this a dream or is this reality. If this is a dream then the whole story arc from the beginning was a dream. If this is reality then how does a stuffed animal talk. It’s really up to you the reader to interpret it as you see it. But this ending is like “Normal Again”. You could make an argument either way. But it will remain ambiguous.


But wait there's more...


* * * * * * * * * *



Buffy and Spike have just taken a seat for a moonlight candlelight dinner.

Spike: (to the waiter) I was wondering if you have any onion blossoms.

The waiter gives him a funny look and walks away.

Spike: That was bloody rude.

Buffy: (trying not to laugh) I don’t think that they have that here Spike.

Spike: I’ve been craving one of those since I died the first time.

Buffy: Don’t remind me. But can you just pinch me so I know I’m not dreaming.

Spike: I’ll do you one better.

He goes and leans over to kiss her. Buffy closes her eyes and enjoys the moment.

Buffy: (pauses) That’ll work (smiles).

Their drinks arrive and they want to make a toast.

Spike: What should we toast to?

Buffy: Life…and you being back in mine.

He smiles and then they toast. Their food arrives and they eat. It is silence for awhile.

Buffy: Why is this so awkward?

Spike: Well normal people go out on a date and we aren’t a normal couple. (Buffy gives him a look) Let me try to explain where I’m going with this. A guy meets a girl and then they eventually grow fond of each other and then they say they like it other so lets go on a date. Then after awhile they say the love each other. Then they get married and have sex not necessarily in that order but that’s how it goes. We never told each other we liked each other or gone out on a date before. I was the only saying I love you and then of course we jumped right into sex. Then between one of us dying and coming back. To one of us going insane and whatnot we don’t classify as normal.

Buffy: That actually makes some sense. Maybe we aren’t meant to be normal.

Spike: We could still try if you want to. Not Sure how far it will get us though.

Buffy: Spike, you and I need to forget able our past and just move forward.

Spike: How about we just start anew. Let me introduce myself…I’m William but everyone calls me Spike.

Buffy: Nice to meet you William…I’m Buffy Summers.



This scene is a bonus scene about how I think their first date would have gone. Also this is not a continuation or a sequel just a small scene that takes place outside of the story.


* * * * * * * * * *



Buffy: I just don’t know anymore…what am I suppose feel…all these things are telling me something different…I know in my head what I should be feeling…but something else in the pit of my stomach tells me I should vomit at the thought…but who am I to deny my heart again after everything that’s happened with all the other men in my life…why does this have to happen to me now…he has done so much to make me hate him…but…he also has done so much good…could this be…am I still…yes…


I decided to add this scene at the last minute to William The Bloody Is Back. I wanted to try something different and I don’t know if it has been done before or not in FanFics. This scene is meant to be an after credits scene like at the end of some movies. I left it ambiguous for a reason because I wanted the reader to take away from it what they wanted. That’s why there is no setting or place in time in which this happens. You can do with it what you please.


* * * * * * * * * *



Well I hope you all enjoyed my author's cut with the extra scenes, dialogue, and narrative. I wanted to make sure that everyone got the complete trilogy and story in one place. I added some stuff to make it more complete and fill in some blanks. Other parts I left alone but I am willing to add more if you like. Also readers have commented about my writing style which is understandable. This is just the way that comes most natural to me (maybe it's all the Shakespeare I've read). But I hope everyone was able to get past that and enjoy the story. Just let me know what you thought of it. Was it any good as a whole or was it bad. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=29495