Love & Desire by Wiccian_Angel
Summary: A fic set after Season 5’s Episode Crush. What if Buffy Had decided to give spike a chance?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6150 Read: 5719 Published: 07/19/2008 Updated: 07/18/2009

1. Memories & Decisions by Wiccian_Angel

2. Sweet Release by Wiccian_Angel

3. Arrangements by Wiccian_Angel

4. The Date by Wiccian_Angel

5. Chapter 5: Reality comes rushing in. by Wiccian_Angel

Memories & Decisions by Wiccian_Angel
Author's Notes:
Word in between these symbols * * are thoughts. Thank you to my two fab Beta-readers.

Disclaimer: I Own Nothing
Buffy walked in to her bedroom, shutting the door behind her and sat on her bed, sighing as she took her jacket off. *Spike thinks he’s in love with me. Demons can’t love. Then why did he immediately back off when I held a stake to Drusilla’s heart a few years ago? Because she was his fixation. It was nothing more then that.* Shaking that thought away and letting herself fall back on to her bed, she tried to banish all thoughts of sexy bleached blonde vampires who we’re supposedly in love with her. Closing her eyes, allowing a multitude of memories to wash over her through her mind.

Stake in hand, behind the bronze after staking the vampire. Something had told her to turn around as she had, she had felt her slayer senses go on full alert, as she’d turned to face the newcomer.

Spike had come out of the shadows, slowly clapping his hands.

“Nice work, love.” Spike had drawled

“Who are you?” Buffy had questioned.

“You'll find out on Saturday.”

“What happens on Saturday?”

“I kill you.”


The large window had crashed in and then she had watched as the vampires entered
Spike and his fellow vampires had lined up and faced her, as she had stood in the hallway of Sunnydale High Preparing herself for the fight to come.

“What can I say? I couldn't wait” Spike had said in a way of explanation, smirking all the while.

“Fe, fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a nice ripe,” he turned and faced Buffy, “girl.”

“Do we really need weapons for this?”

“I just like them. They make me feel all manly.”

He dropped the pole and slowly stepped toward Buffy. She dropped the axe.

“The last Slayer I killed... she begged for her life. You don't strike me as the begging kind.”

“You shouldn't have come here.”

“No. I've messed up your doilies and stuff. But I just got so bored. I'll tell you what.”
“As a personal favour from me to you I'll make it quick. It won't hurt a bit.”

“No, Spike. It's gonna hurt a lot.”

Suddenly, Her mind was drawn to a much happier memory.

Spike had been on his knees in front of her, holding her hand as she sat on the wooden chair.
It's just so sudden. I don't know what to say.”
Just say yes, and make me the happiest man on earth.”

“Oh, Spike! Of course it's yes”

Buffy opened her eyes and sat up. *Oh, my God* Looking at the clock, she noticed that she’d only been in her room for about forty minutes. Groaning, she got up, quickly stripped and got changed in to her nightclothes. She pulled back the cover and got in to bed, tossing and turning as her mind swirled with thoughts. *Spike, Spike, Spike. Why am I even thinking about him? Maybe because I was so cruel to him when all he’d asked for was for a crumb, a small chance that maybe one day I’d feel something for him, and I couldn’t even give him that. Even if I was absolutely sure I couldn’t, I didn’t have to say what I said, but I did it anyway. What kind of person does that make me?*

Buffy tried to ignore the guilt nagging at her. *Why was I so harsh to him? It’s not like anyone asks to fall in love. Especially not with his or her worst enemy or supposed worst enemy. Sure I had to let him down, but couldn’t I have done it nicer? 'The only chance you had with me was when I was unconscious' What the hell was I thinking? Oh, I know he’s a vampire. It won’t hurt him but that look in his eyes after I said it. I know how much it hurts for someone to say something cruel to you like that, and I did it anyway.*

Buffy sighed, switching off her lamp. *No it’s not your fault. He’s a vampire. He can’t feel emotions. They can’t fall in love. He’s just obsessed. Vampires can’t love. It’s as simple as that.* She tried to reassure herself, turning over. *No it’s not as simple as that. Spike had been in love with Drusilla for over a hundred years. Since when did I start grouping all vampires in to one bunch?* Buffy asked herself, suddenly feeling like her slayer logic and her Buffy normal girl logic was colliding over and over. Just like it always did when it came to Spike. *Around the same time Angel left. Oh, no, I am so not going there. Angel is nothing like Spike.*

Buffy Back-pedaled. *Except for the fact that they’re both vampires, they have nothing in common; exactly Spike doesn’t leave. I am not going down the path of how much better Spike is then Angel or how much better Angel is then Spike. Who am I kidding? Not myself, that’s for sure. Spike would stay; even I know that. Not that I’d admit it to anyone else. Spike loves completely; he doesn’t hold back or try and hide it. He’s not afraid to admit it, I’ll give him that.* Buffy let herself remember another memory.

She had been standing in the middle of the magic box next to Angel and across from Spike in the trashed store. Her eyes had been on Spike wearily as he talked.

“You're *not* friends. You'll never be friends.
You'll be in love till it kills you both.
You'll fight, and you'll shag and you'll hate each other
'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends.
Love isn't brains children, it’s blood...
blood screaming inside you to work its will.
I may be love's bitch, but at least
I'm man enough to admit it.”

Buffy smiled slightly as she remembered his nickname for himself back then. *He’s love’s bitch all right. He’d do practically anything for the women he loves, which at the moment happens to be me. So why can’t I let myself accept his love?*

Closing her eyes and trying to drift off to sleep, Buffy felt restless. She thought back to earlier that evening.

As she had stood, chained to the wall in the lower level of spike’s crypt, her eyes never left him.

“I'm gonna prove something.” He moved closer to her. “I love you.”

“Oh, my, god.”

“No, look at me!” He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. “I ... love you.” Not wanted to hear what he had to say, Buffy jerked her chin away from him hand and he said, You're all I bloody think about. Dream about. You're in my gut ... my throat ... I'm drowning in you, Summers, I'm drowning in you.”
“Just ... give me something ... a crumb ... a barest smidgen ... tell me ... maybe, someday, there's a chance. “

Standing up Buffy, started to pace. She changed in to a pair of jeans and a top, slipped in to her trainers and did her hair up in a quick yet tidy bun. *Would it be so bad to give him a chance?* she asked herself, grabbing her jacket and running out of her room. She knew the answer was most certainly no. It wouldn’t be so bad, giving Spike a chance.
Sweet Release by Wiccian_Angel
Author's Notes:
Sorry about the wait.
Here's the second chapter.
As Buffy approached Spike’s crypt, she tried to decide what to do or say once she got there.

I’ll just go in, say sorry and walk back out again, and he’ll probably never bring it up, though he most likely wil,l and I don’t just want to say sorry either. I want to say more than that, and he needs to know what I need to tell him. That’s if he still wants to listen to me. I really hope that that doesn’t happen. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get through this if he just completely doesn’t talk to me ,or unless I talk myself out of telling him.

As Buffy took a turn into Restfield cemetery, she realised she was actually nervous about going to see Spike.

It’s just nerves. I’ll be fine of course. I’ve faced much scarier things than this. I’m not backing out now. Nope, I’m gonna go in there and just get it over with. Even if I don’t really want to, I have to. It’s not like I’m scared of Spike. Okay, so maybe just a little bit, but hell if I’m ever going to admit that out loud. It’s not like he can hurt me, not physically anyway, but he can dish out some sharp comments and just generally be an asshole, but I’m not backing out not now.

Buffy arrived at Spike’s crypt; she waited for a few minutes, trying to get herself together before facing Spike.

Okay you’re here, so just go in and talk to him! Of course, he might not actually want to talk to me after I acted worse than a bitch, but he’ll be reasonable… I hope.

Instead of slamming the door like she always did, Buffy raised her hand to knock, but her nerves got the better of her and she hesitated. The door swung open, revealing Spike in his usual black attire, Buffy dropped her hand and slipped it into her pocket.


“Finally learned to knock have you?” Spike snarked, taking a swig from the Jack Daniels bottle he was holding. Obviously, he’d been drinking for a while; not enough to get him drunk but enough to make him seem just a little more snarky then usual.

Slightly put off by his attitude, Buffy faltered. “I just came to…” Trailing off, Buffy sighed. “Can I come in?”

Raising an eyebrow, Spike moved away from the door and sat in his armchair

“Come for another round of kick the Spike, have you?”

Buffy walked into the crypt, shutting the door behind her. “No, I didn’t come here to play kick the Spike or however you want to phrase it. I came here to apologise.”

Spike snorted. “That’ll be a first! The mighty Slayer actually apologising for once!”

Buffy crossed her arms, getting a bit defensive. “Would you just shut up and listen for once?”

When Spike remained quiet, she continued, “Right, okay, when you told me you loved me, I completely freaked out. I mean, you and me, Spike and Buffy, Vampire and Slayer. We’re enemies. Well, we’re supposed to be. I mean, what with the whole you try to kill me, I try to kill you thing. Of course then you got that chip in your head that you absolutely hated. Obviously you still hate it but lately you’ve been trying to help, I suppose. So I should thank you for that, but I don’t, and then you just tell me that you love me, and I didn’t know how to deal with it. So I went all defensive, which I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. I just… I’m sorry, Spike.” Buffy awaited Spike’s reaction after she finished what she had to say.

Spike stayed silent for a minute, finishing the remainder of the alcohol in the bottle quickly, seeming to take his time before speaking. “Right then, luv, apology accepted.”

Buffy started to feel a little hopeful, “Really?”

Spike shrugged. “Can’t stay mad at you forever, can I pet?”

Buffy shrugged. “Well, I suppose you could. After all, you do have forever and you’re pretty stubborn.”

Spike stood and picked up his leather duster off the back of his chair, taking his cigarettes and lighter from the pocket. He lit one and put the lighter back. Taking a drag of his ciagerette, he noticed Buffy watching him and blew the smoke out of his mouth as he tilted his head slightly, his eyes studying her. “I won’t deny I probably could despise someone for a long time, but not you, Goldilocks, never you.”

Buffy paused at the sincerity she heard in his voice. “Thank you.”

Spike took another drag of his cigarette as he walked away from the back of the chair. “It’s true. Might get pissed at you once in a while but it never really takes.”

Stifling a laugh, Buffy just grinned. “Yeah, well, you can be a pain in the ass, but I don’t hate you.”

Spike smirked. “Good to know. Wait, that doesn’t mean you’re gonna make me be one of your Scoobies, does it?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I don’t think anyone could make you do something that you didn’t really want to do.”

Spike dropped his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it and putting it out. “You’re bloody right about that, luv. Suppose you’d best be off now. Don’t want Mom and kid sis worrying, now do we? I’ll see you for patrol tomorrow night if you like.”

With a nod Buffy turned towards the door before turning back. “Spike. I actually did have something else to say.” Walking up to Spike, she gently brushed her lips over his, kissing him softly before pulling back. “There’s a chance, Spike-- a pretty big one-- that I could be with you.” Giving Spike a slight smile, she took a few steps back. “It’s just up to you when or if you want to start something between us.”

Spike hesitated for a minute, sure that what he was about to do could still end up with him getting a stake through his chest from the Slayer. “That’d be just about now, then, luv.” Figuring he’d waited for what seemed like far too long, he closed the distance between them and grabbing Buffy’s upper arms, he slammed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss.
End Notes:
I know I know I'm evil for ending it there but feedback will inspire me to write more. If you'll be so kind.
Arrangements by Wiccian_Angel
Author's Notes:
Lotsa Spuffy in this chapter enjoy!
Feeling Spike’s lips on hers shocked Buffy for a brief second before she started to kiss him back. She couldn't believe she was kissing Spike. It was amazing! Buffy had to lock her knees to keep from crumpling to the ground. He was a great kisser, and she could go on, moving her lips against his forever, except for the sad fact that she also needed to breathe.

After a few minutes of extremely hot and desire-filled kissing, Buffy and Spike pulled away to get some air; Spike panting in unneeded oxygen while Buffy tried to compose herself before she did something irrational, like jump Spike’s sexy undead bones right there in his crypt.

“I think I can take that as a definite yes to the wanting of us to be a couple.”

Spike raised an eyebrow while smirking. “Got that did you, luv?”

Buffy nodded and grinned. “You could say that. So now that you have me you aren’t gonna stop loving me right?”

Spike pulled her to him once more. “I’ll always love you, pet, always.” He nipped at her bottom lip before releasing her and putting his duster on. “Up for a good rough and tumble, Slayer?”

Buffy instantly went on alert at his phrasing. “What?”

Spike tilted his head and smiled as he realized she had caught on to his not so hidden innuendo in his words. “Patrol, pet. Figured maybe we should do a sweep but if you have other things in mind, I’m all for it.” He leered at her for a moment, tongue behind his teeth as he studied her.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Patrolling it is.”

Following Buffy out the door, Spike fell in to step beside her.

Spike glanced at Buffy, catching her glancing back.

“So Spike, patrolling? Doesn’t exactly scream date material.”

Spike shrugged. “Suppose it depends how you think of it. That a subtle way of asking when I’m gonna take you out, Slayer?”

Buffy gave him a coy yet embarrassed look, knowing she’d been caught. She loved the idea of going on a real date with him. “Maybe I don’t think hand-holding while walking through a cemetery counts.”

Smiling, Spike took hold of Buffy’s hand, deciding to mimic the idea of them holding hands while in the cemetery. “Hand-holding like this, pet? Not so bad is it? Though suppose I best let you get all dressed up so I can take you for a meal or something, yeah?”

Buffy smiled, giving Spike’s hand a slight squeeze, actually liking the feel of holding hands with him. “Yeah, not so bad…though dinner would be nice.”

Spike looked at Buffy, smiling. “Tomorrow night all right then? I’ll pick you up from your house at eight.”

Buffy shrugged, trying to hide her excitement but not being able to hide her grin. “Sounds good.”

Spike kept walking in silence for a minute before he had to ask a question that was on his mind. “So what are all your little scoobie friends gonna think of this or aren’t they gonna know?”

Buffy glanced at Spike.

“It would be a lot easier not to tell them. I mean, they’re gonna find it hard to accept. Giles will clean his glasses and be all disappointed yet British about it, Willow will probably babble before the shouting starts and I assume that’ll come from Xander.

Anya will start talking about me getting some orgasms and Tara… I have no idea how she’ll act, though I’d probably bet she won’t say anything and just let us sort it out among ourselves.

A slayer should not get involved with one vampire much less two. Mom never liked Angel, so I have no idea how she’ll react. Dawn was the one who actually told me you we’re in love with me so maybe she’ll be fine with it or so I hope.”

Spike listened to Buffy, letting her ramble on till she seemed to trail off.

“It’ll be all fine and dandy soon enough. I’m sure that they will all have their objections and they’ll make them known, but they will come around. I’m not saying that we’ll all suddenly become best mates. I do know that they love you. That’s one thing we all do have in common, so they might not like it but they will just learn to tolerate it. It’s not like it’s they’re the ones that have to date me.”

Buffy nodded. “You’re right. It’s my love life not theirs. Though I can’t help but worry. They’re my friends and I need them.”

Spike noticed that they were now walking towards the Magic Box.

“Course you do, luv, but you can’t always be scrambling for their approval while you’re trying to live your own life. They do things you don’t like, right? Well you don’t go nagging at them to change their bloody minds once they make a decision do you?”

Buffy looked at Spike. “You’re right, I don’t. At least I don’t think I do.”

They came to stop outside the door of the Magic Box.
Buffy felt a brief pang of panic before she felt Spike squeeze her hand reassuringly. Stalling for time, she reached up and pulled his head down until their lips met. He held on to her and kissed her back with gusto.

Soon they were locked in a tight embrace and Buffy shivered in delight as he nuzzled her neck then came back for another kiss. Pulling apart, they gazed at each other, both unwilling to look away. She was in awe of the raw emotions swirling about in his gorgeous blue eyes.

Suddenly, she felt ready to face her friends, but she was glad he was there with her. “Guess it’s time to tell them. Stay with me?”

With a brief nod from Spike, they walked inside, ready to tell of their new found romance.


Buffy and Spike approached the table, finding the entire gang there. With a glance at her companion, Buffy felt herself tensing before forcing herself to try and ignore her nervousness. “Guys, we have something we need to tell you.” Buffy stated.

The gang looked at Buffy and Spike. Xander sat up straight. “What’s up, Buff?”

Buffy moved nearer to the table yet didn’t let go of Spike’s hand, so he stepped forward with her. “Well we figured we’d tell you that Spike and I are going to try and…see if we can work as a couple.”

Buffy braced herself for the onslaught she knew was coming. She was right as Giles, Xander and Willow voiced their objections. She let them go on for a minute before holding up a hand to silence them.

“Look, I know you aren’t going to be crazy about this but It’s my life and if it all goes wrong then you can say I told you so but until then, please just… keep your points of view to yourself.” Buffy then turned and walked out of the shop.

Spike watched as Buffy walked out of the shop, feeling an odd bit proud that for once she had put herself first rather than listen to her friends. “Well would ya look at that…I suggest you get over yourselves, unless you actually want to risk losing her of course?” With that parting statement, he followed Buffy out of the shop and soon caught up to her.

He felt himself worrying for her, knowing that the risk of losing her friends couldn’t be easy for her. He fell in to step beside her. “You okay, luv?”

Buffy glanced at him, keeping on in the direction she was going. “Could’ve gone worse.”
End Notes:
Feed my muse? Please?
The Date by Wiccian_Angel
Author's Notes:
I fully intended to write the next Chapter of Masquerades before this but my muse wouldn't quit poking me about this chapter so here we are.
Thanks so much to Spikeakawilliam for bringing to my attention the chapters 2 and 3 of this fic were in the wrong order. All fixed now so Thank you!
Last night, Spike had walked with Buffy until they had arrived at her home. Buffy had said goodbye with a goodnight kiss and a simple see you tomorrow.

Now, Buffy was searching through her wardrobe, trying to decide on what to wear.

Dawn sighed as she watched Buffy pick out yet another dress. “Buffy would you just pick. You don’t have that long until Spike arrives and you know you could wear a potato sack and he’d still say you looked good, so choose already.”

Buffy started to object but then sighed and shooed Dawn out of her room. Buffy settled for a halter, knee length, blood red dress with a thigh slit and black sling backs with a slight heel. Buffy gave herself a once over in the mirror and decided that she didn’t look half bad. She grabbed her jacket just as the doorbell rang.

Dawn answered the door, her eyes widening slightly as she took in the sight of Spike. “Well someone cleans up well,” she commented, her eyes raking up Spike’s form. His t-shirt, duster and jeans had been replaced with a pair of dress pants and a blue shirt that matched his eyes.

Spike gave a slight smile. “Alright, Bit. Big sis almost ready to go then?”

Although Spike would have never had admitted it, he was actually nervous about how this night’s events would go. His eyes moved to the stairway as he heard footsteps and he inhaled sharply as his eyes rested of the form of Buffy.

Buffy made her way down the stairs. Resting at the bottom of them. She raked her eyes over Spike’s form and decided that he looked unbelievably sexy. She smiled as she stepped towards him. “Hi.”

Spike grinned as he nodded. “Hi, Yourself.” Spike offered Buffy his arm. “Shall we?”
Buffy smiled, taking his arm. “We shall.”
Spike's eyes roved over Buffy's form once again. "Did I mention you look absolutely gorgeous, luv?"
Buffy shook her head. "No, But you don't look so bad yourself."
They walked to a car that was parked in front of the house and Spike opened the passenger door for Buffy, holding it and waiting for her to get in.

Buffy gave Spike a questioning glance. “No Desoto?” She asked.

Spike shook his head. “No Desoto. Know a demon that owed me a favour.”

With a smile gracing her lips, Buffy got in to the passenger seat of the Mercedes. Spike shut the door and moved round, getting in to the drivers seat.

Buffy and Spike made their way to the restaurant. Spike led Buffy inside, the waiter showing them to their table after a few moments. Buffy smiled gratefully at the waiter and took a seat. She briefly glanced over at the dance floor and stage where a band and singer were playing.

They placed their orders, talked quietly over their meals when they arrived and then they ordered desert. Buffy laughed as Spike offered her a spoonful of his chocolate cake. Leaning forward, Buffy allowed Spike to feed her the bit of desert and then moved back as she hummed in appreciation of the taste before returning the favour by offering Spike some of her ice cream. Smiling as he allowed her to feed him, she then pressed her lips to his softly.

Buffy pulled back, her gaze drifting to the stage and dance floor as a familiar song began to play and she smiled as she recognised the intro. Spike tilted his head slightly. “You like this one, luv?”

Buffy nodded. “I do.”

Spike got up, offering her his head. “Dance with me then, Goldilocks.”

“Really?” she asked, surprised that he would want to dance.

At his nod, she took his hand, got up and let him lead her to the dance floor. Spike twirled her in a spin as they made their way on to floor.

I've been roaming around
I was looking down at all I see
painting faces, building places I can't reach.

Buffy got her arms around Spike’s neck as he left his hands on her lower back. She smiled slightly as they swayed to the music.

You know that I could use somebody.
You know that I could use somebody,
someone like you.

Their lips met in a gentle kiss. Spike smiled as he lightly caressed her face before lifting her chin and pressing another kiss to her lips.

And all you know
and how you speak
countless lovers undercover of the street.

You know that I could use somebody.
You know that I could use somebody.
Someone like you.

Buffy sighed, relaxing against Spike, feeling safe and warm, and secure. “Thank you.” She uttered.

Off in the night,
why'd you live it up?
I’m off to sleep,
waging war
to shake the cold.

I hope it's going to make you notice.
I hope it's going to make you notice.
Someone like me.
Someone like me.
Someone like me.

Spike looked at Buffy. “What for, luv?” he asked.

Buffy smiled, shaking her head. “For taking me out and giving me the night off so I don’t have to patrol until later, anyway and I suppose…Just being you.”

Spike shrugged as they continued to sway to the music. “No problem, pet. Night’s not over yet though.”

Somebody,
someone like you.
Somebody,
someone like you.
Somebody,
Someone like you.
Somebody,
someone like you.

Buffy grinned. “You’re right… The night isn’t over just yet. Walk me home?” Spike nodded, offering her his arm and smirking as she took it. Buffy grabbed her coat on the way out. Buffy paused near the entrance. “Don’t you need to pay for the food?”

Spike shook his head. “Already sorted. Remember that demon owing me a favour that I told you about earlier?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, same one you got the car from,” she answered as they continued walking.

“Well, let’s just say the favour he owed me got rather more expensive then he would have thought,” Spike continued.

Buffy looked up at the starry sky. “Can we walk home?” she asked. Spike stopped looking at her.

“I think that could be arranged.”

They continued walking, finally making it to Buffy’s front door. Buffy and Spike walked to the porch. Buffy looked at Spike.

“I had a great time, Thank you, Spike… I should probably go in already; it’s getting pretty late and Dawn and mom are expecting me home early,” she explained.

“You’re welcome, luv. Right then, suppose I’d best be off,” Spike said with a shrug, not moving as a smile formed on his lips. He tucked a stray strand of hair behind Buffy’s ear, putting it back in place. “Goodnight, Buffy,” he said, leaning down and softly brushing his lips against hers.

He pulled back, giving her a smile before beginning to walk away. Buffy felt a bolt of desire shoot up her nervous system. The kiss may have been soft and brief but it had still left her lips tingling. Buffy resisted the desire to call him back and get him up to her room to have her way with him.

“Goodnight, Spike,” she whispered. Opening her door with her keys and walking inside, she gently shut the door behind her.
End Notes:
The song I used in this is Use Somebody by Kings of Leon But when i was writing this i was listening to the cover version by Gerard McCarthy. Go on to Youtube type in Gerard McCarthy - Use Somebody. & You should be able to find a vid of it.
Chapter 5: Reality comes rushing in. by Wiccian_Angel
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took me so long to update this story. I give lots of Spuffy in exchange for forgiveness. ;)

Thanks to my brilliant Beta Dawnofme for the fabulous banner.
Buffy walked in to the magic box and she sighed at the tension in the air. Just get in and get out again. She instructed herself. She wouldn’t even be there if she didn’t need to pick up a couple of books from the college library that were due back that she’d left behind.

Giles stood. “Buffy.” He called.

“Not now Giles.” Buffy responded.

“Yes, Buffy, now. I am aware that I can’t stop any relationship you choose to have.” Buffy turned, her arms crossed, waiting for Giles to continue. “But I will not pretend I am not worried. You are in a relationship with one of the most dangerous vampire’s known.

I know you believe he loves you but that does not make him exempt from the fact that he’s dangerous. Even with that chip in his head. However, if you feel you can really trust him, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but if he intentionally hurts you I will be forced to find someway of making sure he will not hurt you or anyone else again. Understood?” Giles asked.

Buffy sighed. “Giles, I can handle myself and I can handle Spike. I don’t need you protecting me. I know you worry, but you shouldn’t, I’m fine. He says he loves me and I believe him. You may not. Everyone probably doesn’t but I do and that’s what matters. I think he can make me happy. Isn’t that one of the major things when it comes to a relationship?”

Willow stood up, approaching Buffy. “Of course it is Buffy; we want you to be happy. You know that.”

Giles nodded. “We do but nevertheless, we all remember exactly what happened the last time you were emotionally involved with a vampire.”

“Giles!” Willow objected, feeling that even though it was a valid point, it was a harsh way of bringing it up.

Buffy looked at Giles then at Willow. “Willow, it’s okay. I can handle it.” She reassured. She returned her gaze to Giles. “I remember exactly how wrong it went last time and we both know it wasn’t Angel. Was it partially my fault Angelus got loose? Yes it was.

But I know all the terrible things Angelus did. I’ve got every horrific act in my mind. I blamed myself for a long time. I know you lost the person you loved Giles, but that does not and never will give you the right to keep bringing Angelus up and rubbing it in my face. When it came down to it?

I did what I needed to do and yes, afterwards I needed sometime to deal. But I got through it and Spike isn’t Angelus; he doesn’t have a retractable soul. Yet somehow he’s still loyal. Spike’s dangerous even with that chip in his head he could find a dozen ways to feed or to kill us and he hasn’t. I believe he won’t. Maybe that makes me foolish and immature and idealistic in your eyes, Giles. But I won’t force my views on you why the hell do you feel the need to force yours on me?”

Buffy slammed down the book she had grabbed hold of by mistake as she had grabbed her books before she strode out of the magic shop, the door closing with a click. Willow gave Giles a disapproving glare before she went back to her research.

Buffy knew exactly where she was going. She walked through the cemetery, carefully opened the door to Spike’s crypt and softly shut it behind her. Not seeing Spike on the upper level, she dropped down to the lower one and walking around, she came to bed. She ran her eyes over Spike’s exposed skin, the bedcover only just providing Spike some decency as it covered his hips. Spike sleeps naked…I should have known. Buffy mused, her lips curving upwards despite herself.

She walked around to the side of the bed, watching as Spike slept on. He looks so…innocent, There’s no hard exterior to be seen when he’s resting. It’s kind of nice. She reached out a hand, intending to brush along his cheekbone but before she could even make contact, her wrist was gripped and she was flat on her back on the bed with a very awake Spike on top of her.

Spike blinked for a moment. “Slayer? Not that I’m not pleased to see you here. But what are you doing in my bed?” He leered at her for a moment.

Buffy smiled. “Can’t a girl drop by to see a guy without wanting something?” She teased. She sighed as Spike gave her that look, knowing he could see right through her. “Giles and I kind of got in to it about us and some other stuff and…I wanted to come here…To see you.” She revealed. “Although you probably should put on some pants or something.” Buffy knew she really should look between them but it was pretty hard to resist.

Spike smirked. “You sure you don’t want me to…” Spike was cut off by Buffy’s firm no. “You and the Watcher will be alright, Pet,” He said. Rolling off Buffy, he grabbed his jeans and pulled them on, taking his time as he did up the zipper and the belt.

Buffy sighed. Averting her eyes, as Spike got himself, less naked. It wasn’t that she wouldn’t like to forget everything with the help of Spike but she just couldn’t use him like that. She pushed herself up, sitting on the bed, leaning on the wall as she leant back and returned her eyes to Spike once he gave the all clear. “Maybe we’ll be okay but I doubt it. I think him and Xander are having a hard time accepting us. Though, Willow does seem to be coming around thankfully.”

Spike sat on the bed next to Buffy. “Well, that’s something then isn’t it?” He smiled. “You’ve still got the Bit and you’re Mum.” Spike offered. He glanced at Buffy as she looked down thinking. He lifted her chin and leaning forward, he caught her lips with his.

He ran his tongue over her bottom lip, seeking entrance in to her mouth. H held back a grin as Buffy willingly opened her mouth, their tongue’s duelling, as their kiss got even more heated. Buffy moved, straddling him and wanting to be closer. Buffy gasped in to Spike’s mouth as Spike kissed even harder, their passion rising as well as their arousal. She pulled back. “Well, that’s certainly one way to stop me from worrying,” she teased.

Spike swallowed and said. “It certainly seemed to be working and it’s enjoyable too.”

Buffy smiled. “Thank you,” she said softly.

Spike grinned. “Anytime.” He answered, before pulling her down for another passion-filled kiss.
End Notes:
Please feed my muse, all feedback is Welcome.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=31808