Keep on Rolling by lindsay
Summary: It’s 1979 in Sunnydale California and roller derby is at an all time popular high. The Femmes Fatales – funded by the Magic Boxing Sporting Center - are taking California by storm! When news spreads to L.A about this deadly all girls team The Senior Partners – owners of the all male roller derby team the Ungentlemen’s - issue the girls a challenge: Throw down or step down. The stakes: A 13 game tournament for the U.S.A Roller Derby Crown.

Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Freaky/Kinky, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6058 Read: 6717 Published: 08/10/2010 Updated: 07/04/2011

1. Chapter 1 by lindsay

2. Chapter 2 by lindsay

3. Chapter 3 by lindsay

4. Chapter 4 by lindsay

5. Chapter 5 by lindsay

Chapter 1 by lindsay
Meet the Rollers of the Femmes Fatales:



Anya Jenkins: Bunny Stomp

Willow Rosenburg: Red Dread

Tara Maclay: Wicked Witch

Dawn Summers: Screech

Cordelia Chase: Mean Queen

Winnifred Burkle: The Tech

Faith Lehane: Envy



And Buffy Summers: Slayer (Jammer)



Meet the Rollers of the Ungentlemen’s:



Xander Harris: The Jester

Angel O’Connor: Brood

Connor O’Connor: Spawn

Wesley Price: Watcher

Lorne: Lullaby

Robin Wood: Stake



And William Pratt: Spike (Jammer)







The Femmes Fatales were going out to celebrate their latest victory against the visiting team, “The Uber Tramps”, not so classy name – not so great players. The game had gotten their blood pumping though and they had all decided a milkshake from Soda Pop’s was a necessity, to be put on the tab of the Magic Box’ of course.



The girls brought in so much money for Rupert ‘Ripper’ Giles that he pretty much let them put tabs up wherever they wanted – be it for clothes or food or movies or bills (which especially applied to the Summers sisters since their mother had passed away two years ago, when Buffy was a fresh nineteen, and leaving a very young woman in charge of a sixteen year old troublemaker). He paid them as well of course, but on strict salaries, and when one of them really went overboard on a tab he made them work it off at his gym. He loved them all, and they all knew it and loved him back.



The girls walked through the double doors to Soda Pops and into the sound of cheers. Buffy smiled and thanked people as she walked to the jukebox and Andrew and Jonathon – the owners – began fixing them all chocolate shakes. Just like she did following every victory Buffy chose the Ramones Bliztgrieg Bop from the machine and pressed play, there wasn’t one person who didn’t start singing along, the place coming alive with local pride and erupting when the girls gathered in front of the counter to do their trademark “We just kicked some serious ass” dance.



An hour later the place had quieted down but was no less packed and Buffy Summers was currently trying to discourage the advances of a seemingly relentless Parker Abrams.



“Come on Summers, one dance.” he begged, shit brown eyes trying their best to appear puppy-like.



“Get a grip Abrams, I’m not pathetic enough to give you a go.” she snapped at him, wanting him gone. Last summer, before her and the squad had soared to success she had gone on one date with him, kissed him on the cheek and went home. The next day rumors were flying about how she had put out but was too clingy for his taste.



“Come on Buffy, give me one more chance.”



“I said no Parker, you had your chance, and you ruined it before you spread the rumors about jamming me with your small pecker so beat it.”



Being in a corner booth in an ‘L’ shaped diner certainly had its advantages but the situation unfolding now was definitely not one of them.



His hand came down in a heavy swinging motion, one that certainly would have left a mark had it reached her face, but a ring littered hand grabbed it before it connected.



“I think the lady was telling you to fuck off mate.” came the sexiest, British voice she had ever heard.



All seven sets of eyes were on the stranger now, all open in appreciation for what the stranger had stopped and the hotness that was him.



Parker wrenched his arm free and glared at the man in front of him. “We don’t like your kind in here.”



The stranger smirked and lifted an eyebrow, “My kind? The kind of man that doesn’t hit a woman you mean.”

Parker sneered, “The kind that wears woman’s rings , faggot”.



Buffy felt bad for him, Parker, almost…not really, the brunette obviously didn’t see it coming but the fist that smashed into his mouth knocked him flat on his ass.



In a swirl of leather the stranger was kneeling next to the bleeding boy, with his hand held up.



“This ring” he said, pointing to his index finger and the skull ring that adorned it, “Was given to me by Billy Idol in London two years ago, it’s not a woman’s accessory poofter. And this”, now he was pointing at Buffy without even looking at her, “is a lady and it would be in your best interest to treat her like one.”



And then he walked to the counter, grabbed his bag of take out, and left.



Still shocked but not about to let the opportunity to thank the man slip away Buffy followed him into the parking lot, where he was with 6 other guys.



“Hey” Buffy called out and all eyes turned to her. She smiled at the group, “Sorry, I was talking to Billy” she said with a friendly wink.



‘Billy’ lit a smoke and leaned against what she assumed was his motorcycle. “S’thing I can help you with kitten?” he asked, a tone of disinterest in his voice that she suspected was practiced but his sparkling eyes contradicted his words.



“Actually, I just wanted to thank you for helping me in there, no more help needed.”



“My pleasure.”



This statement had piqued the interest of the other males though and she swore she could sense a unified rush of energy go through them all.



Spike looked at his friends, “S’been taken care of mates, no worries.” The other guys seemed to hear something between his words that Buffy didn’t because the next moment had the guys nodding their good-bye’s to her before walking across the lot to their cars.



“That your gang?” she teased.



“No, they’re my back-up dancers.”



He chuckled and she giggled, and they both fell a little bit in love with the sounds.



“Seriously though, thank you, he was really starting to piss me off.”



“It’s my pleasure really, why someone would want to mark a face like yours is beyond me though.”

“I told him that he had a small dick, or so the rumors go.”



“Not a good enough reason to hit a girl but pretty high up on the ‘how to bruise a boy’s ego’ list.”



“He deserved it” she found herself defending.



“I don’t doubt that for a second Rapunzel” he answered in a voice that could melt ice cubes and tucked a strand of her long blond hair behind her ear.



She took a moment to look at him. He was average height but something about him screamed imposing and demanded respect. His hair was Billy Idol blond, she gathered that with the story behind his ring and his looks he was a fan, and his eyes were almost too blue, like you could fall into them and drown. His cheekbones were spectacular and the scar marring his eyebrow seemed fitting almost. His body – well, the black leather duster, tight black jeans and snug fitting wife beater did nothing to hide how well sculpted he was.



She was something else he thought to himself. Slender, petite, toned and golden brown she was something out of a fairytale. Her long blond hair shone even in the dark parking lot and her bright green eyes were an enchanted forest. He would believe in unicorns if she told him they were real right now – which she thankfully did not. Her small red shorts hugged her hips and thighs and her white tank top almost glowed in comparison to her skin.



“So, you have a name?” she asked, breaking the small moment of silence.



“Are we at the name stage of our relationship already?”, a small smile on his lips.



She shook her head and laughed, holding out her hand, “Elizabeth Summers.”



“William Pratt” he answered, “but my friends call me Spike.”



Something was niggling in the back of Buffy’s mind but she couldn’t place it.



“Oh, so now we’re at the nickname phase of our relationship? In that case you can call me Buffy.”



He stopped shaking her hand but didn’t let it go. “Buffy Summers?”



“The one and only”



He broke their small contact and sighed, “Leader of the Femmes Fatales?”



She smiled, “Wow, I must be getting famous” she joked. “So, I know you’re not from around here, what brings you and your friends to Sunny D?”

“You.”

End Notes:
Soooo lol?
Chapter 2 by lindsay
Author's Notes:
The support I've gotten for this is incredible and I can't thank you guys enough, you're all awesome! I hope you like this one, I was in the middle of making them about to become enemies for a while when it hit me: what about frienemies? I can do that!
“Excuse me?” she asked, clearly confused.



“Me ‘n my mates, we’re here for you and yours.” he explained, thinking she looked adorable with the small crease between her eyes that came from not knowing what was going on.



“S’plainy?”



“We’re rollers kitten, here on a little mission to whoop you on the track.”



He had expected her to get mad, to poke her finger in his chest and speak through clenched teeth, to deny the challenge even. What he hadn’t expected was for her to throw her head back and laugh up into the night sky like he was bug shagging bonkers.



“S’thing funny?” he asked, his pride beginning to sting just a little.



She wiped a tear from her face, “Yes, something’s funny.”



“Care to share?”



“You really think you can beat us on the oval?”



“Yes.” His answer was blunt, to the point.



“Care to make a wager then?” she asked, soft voice hiding the dare in her words.



“Can’t fancy why not, s’not like I have anything to lose.” he taunted smugly and lit a smoke, exhaling into her face. She chose to ignore it, this time. “What’ll it be then?” he prodded. “If you win I have to buy you a purse, maybe some matching shoes?”



She tried not to overreact to the situation, she really did, but she wasn’t made of sugar and spice and everything nice right now, right now she wasn’t just a girl, she was ‘Slayer’, and Slayer had the pride of her team as number one on her long list of priorities.



“You quit the team.”



“WHAT? You’re off your bird, deals off.”



“What are you so afraid of William?” she snapped, using his formal name purposefully.



“Nothing Elizabeth”, two could play at that game, “I just think it’s a little extreme now, don’t you?”



“I suppose if I was afraid of losing it would be.” came her snide remark.



Dawn giggled as she watched her obviously angered sister through the window with the other girls.



“Damn, B’s either going to punch him or fuck him" Faith muttered with a leer.


Willow gasped and covered Dawn’s ears, “Watch your language Faith, Dawn’s here.”



At that moment Dawn opted not to tell anyone she could still hear them all plainly.



Anya took a look at the two blonds arguing in the parking lot, “They would have hot children, also, Buffy could benefit from an orgasm party right now, she’s too stressed out.”



Dawn’s giggles had Willow glaring at her at giving her the order to go pick a song from the Jukebox.



Cordy, as per usual, seemed disinterested but couldn’t help but silently with the outspoken blond and the brazen brunette.



“I…I think he seemed nice” Tara piped up and Willow squeezed her hand affectionately. “Me too” the redhead agreed.



“I think there’s definitely some increased Oxytocin levels in the near future.”

“What?” Faith asked, looking at Fred in bewilderment.



Fred smiled and pushed her reading glasses up higher, “I think they’re going to screw too.”



Faith threw her head back and laughed, “Why didn’t you just say so?”



“I did” Fred teased back and Faith lovingly ruffled her hair, the two girls having become unlikely friends early on.



Dawn walked back to the table and offered Willow a sugary sweet smile as the sound of the music reached their ears.



I’ve been really tryin baby

Tryin to hold back this feeling for so long

And if you feel like I feel

Let’s get it on, ow baby

Let’s get it on, let’s love baby

Let’s get it on, sugar

Let’s get it on, woo



Willow sighed.





“And what happens if you lose, would you really want to have to step down because of a stupid bet?”



He was thinking of her, not himself, secure in his unfounded beliefs that there was no way in hell the Ungentlemen would lose.



Her ire deflated a bit and he smiled, “Why don’t we keep this friendly, m’not looking for enemies Buffy.”



Neither one knowing the conditions of the contract that were hidden in fine print of the soon to be signed papers.



She nodded her head and bit her lip, it wasn’t her decision to make for the rest of the team anyway. “Ok Spike, what do you suggest then?”



“A date."



Her eyebrow lifted and the corners of her lips turned upward, “You want to make a bet with me in the hopes that I’ll lose so I’ll go out with you?”



He shrugged his shoulders and smirked, “That’s what it sounds like kitten.”



“And if you lose?”



"I escort you on an evening out.” he answered, smirk widening.





"You don't even know if I have a boyfriend.” she pointed out, eyes dancing with mirth.



“My mistake” he purred and leaned in to whisper in her ear, “Do you have a boyfriend, Buffy Summers?”



The sound sent chills down her spine and she found herself tilting her lips to his ear, whispering back, “No William, I don’t."



He took a step back from her, not wanting her to see what the sound of her voice and her proximity had managed to do to his body.



“Well then, do we have a deal?” he asked, hand stretched outward, waiting to be shook.



She put her tiny hand into his, “Deal.”



“Care to seal it?” he asked suggestively, teasing but hopeful none the less.



Buffy pondered for exactly 3 seconds on whether or not to do it, and 3 seconds was all it took for her to come to several conclusions:



1. He was hot.

2. He had stopped Parker from making her face a punching bag.

3. He was hot.

4. He was British.

5. She wanted to…because:

6. He was hot.



Spike almost groaned at the contact that had him surprised and more aroused than he cared to admit. Her lips were so soft and inviting and it didn’t take him long to coax them open, his tongue gently caressing hers in a lazy but lusty manner.



“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo” came the muted sounds of girls screaming from behind the glass of the dinner’s windows.



“YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” came the muted sounds of guys screaming from behind the glass of the window’s of their cars.



They broke apart laughing.



“I guess that’s our cue.” she said with a smile, a blush staining her cheeks. She pulled his hand to her and produced a pen.



“Where were you keeping that?” he asked genuinely intrigued but she ignored the question in favor of scrawling her number on the top of his hand.



“If you want to practice for the bet, give me a call.”



Spike watched her walk away, appreciating the view, before shaking his head with a smile and climbing onto his bike.



Maybe Sunnyhell wouldn’t be so bad after all, he mused, revving the engine.

End Notes:
Hoped you liked it guys :)
I'll be posting a banner for the guys team soon, lyrics are from Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get it On'
Chapter 3 by lindsay
Buffy hummed a song to herself as she towelled off, she was in a great mood. She’d seen Parker get his ass handed to him, her team had beat the crap out of their rivals, and she’d met a super delicious piece of man-meat just a few hours ago. As far as good nights went, this one was up there.

She walked passed Dawn’s room, and smiled softly while she closed the door to the snoring girls room.

It had been hard, taking over as caretaker for the family once her mother had passed away, but with her friends support and Rupert’s fatherly affections for the girls she’d done ok.

She had just plunked herself down on the bed, naked and uncaring, when her phone rang. She snatched it off the hook immediately, Dawn could sleep through a tornado so she wasn’t worried, rather she was more curious as to who would be calling this late at night, it was already midnight.

“Hello?”

“’Lo cutie,” came the sexy-as-sin British voice and she subdued the feminine squeal that wanted to erupt from her.

“Hello stud.” She could hear him chuckle and smiled into the phone, “Any reason in particular your harassing me at this time?” she asked teasingly.

A beat.

“You busy?”

She snorted into the phone, “Ya’, I’m super busy Spike. Midnight is when I do all my errands.”

“Point taken kitten…want some company?”

She rolled the question around for a minute in her head, she wasn’t tired, he didn’t frighten her, so why not, right?

“Sure, we’ll have to hang out outside though, I don’t want to wake my little sister up.”

“Not worried about waking your parents up?” he asked, genuinely curious.

She didn’t feel like getting into her semi-orphaned semi-abandoned issues over the phone so she decided to just say ‘no’.

“Naughty girl, gimme your address and I’ll be right over.”
“1630 Revello drive, where you coming from?”

“You’re kidding right?”

“Noooooo,” she answered, clearly confused.

He just laughed, “I’ll be over in a mo’ luv.”

“See you soon” she answered, hanging up and reaching for a fresh set of short-shorts and a tank, an ensemble Buffy Summers practically lived in, and pulling her hair into a messy bun. She left her skin completely make-up free, adding only a little bit of lip gloss.

Pulling on her favourite sneakers she bounded down the stairs and ran out the door, only to run into a man-shaped solid wall.

“Easy there princess, you alright?”

She nodded and giggled, “Sorry, I didn’t expect you to be here so soon.”

He smiled and followed her as she pranced to the back yard so they could sit on the porch and talk.

“Funny thing that is,” he said with an easy smile she found herself drawn to, “I hopped my backyard fence and here I am.”

Her eyes widened, “You guys are staying there?”

“Yup, it’s ours ’til the end of summer, once the tournament is over.”

She plopped herself down on the stairs and he opted to sit right behind her, pulling her in a little to lean against him while he gave her a shoulder massage that implied a familiarity they didn’t have, but she didn’t budge so he didn’t bother to ask if it was ok. The girls muscles were tense though, he was about to ask her why she was so stressed when she interrupted his thoughts.

“What tournament?”

“Don’t rightly know much about it, I do know that it’s a 13 game tournament for the U.S.A Roller Derby Crown, some new thing they came up with to no doubt draw in some more crowds. Your manager should be telling you girls all about it tomorrow, I think my manager met up with him for dinner tonight or something like that to talk about it with him.”

“So I get to see you all summer then?”

She’d asked it casually, but he couldn’t help the smile that spread across his face as quick as wildfire, thankfully she couldn’t see what a ponce he looked like at that particular moment with her back turned to him.

“You asking me out Summers?”, he teased, his fingers moving from her shoulders to massage her neck.

She moaned at the feeling and he found himself suddenly hard.

“Nope,” he could practically hear her smiling and leaned in so that his mouth was right next to her ear.

“You sure gorgeous?”

She shivered under his touch, the sexy husky tone he’d used not helping her remain focused at all.

“I don’t do boyfriends,” she said, wincing as soon as the sentence left her mouth, knowing how he would take it somehow.

“Hmmm, and who exactly, do you do, Buffy Summers?”

She let herself go lax against him, leaving an opening for him to press a kiss into her neck that had her shifting her legs.

“Whoever I want to.”

“But no boyfriends?”

“No.”

“Why?”, his mind, it seemed, was not the only curious thing he owned, and with a mind seemingly of it’s own his hand came up to trace her collarbone, dipping dangerously low to her barely covered breasts.

“You don’t know me,” she whispered up to him, eyes on the stars in the sky, “why do you care?”

“Because I want to know you, and I would appreciate the luxury of being the only person allowed to,” his wandering hand cupped her breast so softly she could barely tell it was happening, “do things like this to you.”

“It’s too fast,” she tried to argue and pouted when he laughed at her, twisting herself around to look him in the eyes.

“Life’s not too fast Buffy, people are just too slow…look at that lip…”

She pulled back a little and he suppressed a small sigh, “I know I come on strong, and I can admit I’m being to grabby with you and I apologize,” his hands releasing her as he spoke, “but it’s been a long time since I’ve met a girl I actually wanted to get to know and I can honestly say I’m just plain out smitten by you Summers, you’re the most adorable thing I’ve ever laid eyes on, you’re spunky and funny…”, he ran a hand through his hair, “should I go?” he asked softly.

For the first time in a long time Buffy felt something inside her telling her to give this guy, at the very least, a crumb.It had been a long time since she'd been so attracted, if ever, to anyone as much as she was to Spike. In the span of a night he'd managed to protect her, challenge her, make her angry, make her laugh, and make her want...want more than she'd allowed herself to have with a man in a very long time, if not more, she admitted to herself with an inner smile. Screw social etiquette, this was the 70's soon to be 80's, the social norms of the 50's now long forgotten.

“You’re not too grabby” she said with a small smile, leaning in for a kiss meant to make him breathless.
Chapter 4 by lindsay
Spike moaned into her mouth, she tasted like candy and he couldn’t deny that he had a sweet tooth. There was something about this girl that drove him crazy.

Yesterday when he’d walked into the small but busy diner his eyes had been drawn to her immediately, and he’d felt his breath catch in his throat. When he’d seen the brunette male approach her his first instinct was that he was her boyfriend, and with narrowed eyes he’d been about to turn away when the wanker’s hand had come up. He didn’t know how he’d moved that fast but thanked the gods he was able to, not being able to imagine someone marring that face out of malice. She was a spitfire too, and not just a looker, which he loved. Took a brave girl to walk up to a group of strange men just to say ‘thank-you’.

With a jolt back to reality he realised her hands had come up to play with the hair at the nape of his neck and he moaned again, his own - now ringless - fingers reaching up to cup her face.

When they finally pulled apart they were breathing heavily, and smiling.

He tucked a stray strand of damp hair behind her ear, and looked her in the eyes.

“I was serious before, about not wanting anyone else to touch you. I want this with you Buffy, but I’m not an overly generous bloke. If we do this, whatever it is, we don’t do this with anyone else.”

His eyes searched hers, there was fear there, with desire and fire at the same time.

After what seemed an eternity, she nodded her acquiescence and he pulled her into a strong hug, which she found she couldn’t help but melt right into.

“I feel like I’m in high school again,” she admitted with a small giggle into the skin of his shoulder, his white wife-beater soft against the skin of her face.

“How’s that now?”

“I don’t know you but somehow were dating…I feel like there should have been some note passing and giggling,” she said with her own giggle.

He chuckled and pulled her towards him for another kiss, his erection straining against the confines of its denim prison, and with a swallowed sigh, and not a small amount of disbelief, he got up to leave, wanting to get to know her at least a little more before trying for anything more.

Buffy smiled at him, “Going to bed?”

He stifled the groan building up inside him, “Ya’ kitten, think you’ll have time to see me tomorrow at some point for a bit?”

She nodded and smiled, “Sure, sounds like a plan. I‘m going to head over to see Giles, my manager, to see what the skinny is on the whole tournament thing is, and then maybe I‘ll think about tracking you down”

He walked to the tall fence and climbed over it smoothly, into his own backyard. She smiled when his platinum head popped up, gave her a wink, then disappeared again.

She shook her head and giggled, heading inside to get some much needed rest. ‘What are you doing Buffy? Agreeing to ‘go steady’ with strangers, tsk-tsk. She tried to berate herself, she really did, but the huge smile that was still in place as she crawled into bed was making it hard for her to take herself seriously.

She fell asleep not long afterwards, the smile still soft on her lips.


She awoke at nine in the morning, to the sound of Dawn’s giggling. Rubbing her sleepy eyes she trudged downstairs, “What’s got you so happy this morning?” she asked groggily, going straight to the fresh brewed coffee.

“Someone left you the most adorable message taped to the front door, which I accidentally opened, then accidentally read,” the mischievous brunette said, still giggling, and promptly passed her the note.

‘Hey Goldielocks,

You got me thinking ‘bout high school again, what with you feeling like you’re back in it an’ all. So here goes:

Do you wanna’ be my girl?

Yes
No

Circle one and pass it back,

‘m winking at you right now.

Spike.’


Buffy looked at her sister and burst out laughing, this had to be the cutest thing ever.

“So, which one you going to circle?,” Dawn asked, curious.

Buffy rolled her eyes, grabbed a pen, circled one, and handed it back to Dawn.

“You mind popping over the backyard fence and dropping this off for me?”

Dawn was about to argue, about to ask ‘why don’t you do it yourself?’, instead she asked, “Is that where all those guys from last night are staying?”

Buffy nodded and Dawn was off in a split second.



***

Dawn knocked on the back door impatiently and repeatedly, “Hellooooooooooooo?” she called out for the seventh time before a disgruntled voice yelled out, “Quit your banging, I’m coming”

When the back door opened Dawn laid eyes on the hottest guy she’d ever seen. He had just past the chin length brown hair, his eyes were still half closed, and he was topless…a good topless, the kind of topless that didn’t make you cringe.

“Hello to you too,” she said with as sultry a voice as she could muster, which apparently worked because next thing she knew his eyes were wide open, and staring at her with appreciation. “I’ve got a letter here for Spike,” she added with a wink and held back a small laugh when she caught him blushing just a bit.

He reached for it and ran a hand through his dishevelled hair, “I’ll bring it up right now. I was going to make some breakfast…”, before he could finish his sentence Dawn interrupted.

“Good, I’m starving. Can I have pancakes?”

He laughed, “Sure thing.”

***

Buffy was sitting on her back porch, slowly taking in her morning coffee when a loud “Whooooooo” reached her ears and she laughed to herself, knowing Spike had seen the circled Yes. She looked towards the house and noticed that she could see Spike running around in his room upstairs, with a sly smile she realised that his room and her room offered them each a view of the other.

“That could be interesting,” she said to herself softly.
Chapter 5 by lindsay
Buffy walked into the MBC (Magic Boxing Center), waving to people on her way to the back room, the room only Rupert Giles and his Femmes Fatales got to see. This is where the magic happened.



Giles looked up from some paperwork and smiled at her, “We’ve been challenged,” he said with a twinkle in his eye, a twinkle that showed a hint of Ripper - his younger persona. Giles loved a showdown, especially one he knew his girls could win. Too often they all went misunderstood and underestimated, all because they were women, it was ridiculous.



“So I’ve heard, got the skinny from some new guys in town, go by the team name ‘The Ungentlemens’.”



Giles nodded, “I’ve been making some phone calls, from what I understand these guys are good, but not unbeatable. From what I’ve seen of the contracts it all seems on the up and up, no loop-holes. The contract details include a thirteen game tourny for a new derby cup. New as in you guys would be the first ones competing for its title. I’m going to have a lawyer look it over though, can’t be too careful.”



Buffy nodded, “Ya, better safe than sorry. I don’t want to end up selling my soul or anything,” she said with a small giggle that had Giles chuckling.



“What soul?”



“You’re mean,” she answered with a faux pout, one he knew well, one that had stopped fooling him into feeling guilty years ago.



“So I’m kinda’ seeing Spike,” she blurted out and waited for the lecture. It didn’t take long.



Giles took his glasses off and started cleaning them furiously, “For starters you’re too young, young lady, secondly you don’t even know him, thirdly, he could be….some sort of vampire or something,” he finished lamely, knowing his argument couldn’t hold up.



Buffy laughed, “I’m 21 now Giles, not some little girl. As for the not knowing him, I was hoping seeing him would fix that, and a vampire? Come on, if the next words out of your mouth are ‘what if he doesn’t have a soul?’ I’m leaving.”



“I worry about you Buffy, I’ve seen you get hurt before.”



“I know, and you’re likely to see it again…that’s what happens to someone when they fill in the role of father for wayward girls,” she said lovingly, her heart swelling at his misted eyes - something that happened every time she told him he was like a father to her. “So, when do we tell the others about this throw down?” she asked, curious.



“This afternoon, before practice. That will give me time to get my lawyer to look this over, and then we can plan our victory party for after the tournament,” he said with a smile, causing her to laugh.



“One of these days our egos are going to get the better of us Giles.”



“Not anytime soon,” he answered cockily, though she knew it was all a façade, Giles was one of the most humble people she knew, though his faith in the Femmes Fatales was unwavering. Win or lose, his girls would always be the best in his softly aging eyes.



***



Buffy and the girls taunted each other as they raced around the outdoor oval Giles had had built especially for them. They were playing four on four.



Buffy, the jammer for her side, her blockers Anya - who doubled as pivot, Fred, and Cordy.

Faith was the jammer on her side, her blockers were Dawn, Tara, and Willow - who doubled as pivot.



It was a sweaty run, the temps in Sunny D. hitting the high 30’s with the humidex.



There was a boom box plugged into the outside socket and it was currently blaring the Ramones’ ‘I wanna be sedated’, one of her favorites.



It would seem she had a penchant for the Brits she thought with a small smile.



All of a sudden there were 8 more players on the track, of the male variety. Without speaking the girls congregated against the boys, falling into an easy rhythm with each other. Buffy was lead, Faith was pivot, and everyone else was blocker. Since this was only a practice it didn’t matter that they had an extra two blockers on each side - not they needed it, she thought to herself.



It was only when a whirlwind of bleached hair flew past her that she let her inner Slayer loose, and Slayer was itching for a good kill.



It didn’t take her long to catch up, but for the life of her she couldn’t pass him.



“Who taught you how to skate kitten?” he bellowed out, trying to be heard over the sounds of the wind, music, and wheels.



“Me” she said with a smile, “How about you?”



“My Da’, was quite the roller in his day.”



They could hear their friends behind them but all they saw was each other.



Buffy bit her lip and hid her smile, she had a plan. Neck and neck was okay, but being in the lead is what made her blood sing.



Without thinking twice about she reached out and cupped his bulge, spinning so that she was skating backwards.



When his feet faltered she gave him a wink, turned, and flew past him, leaving him and his shouted “That’s playing dirty” far behind.



“Someone’s getting orgasms soon” came Anya’s cheery voice and Buffy couldn’t help but giggle. She was starting to near one of the members of the mens team, a beefy brunette guy with a goofy smile, without turning to look at Buffy as she was about to pass he asked, “Who is that girl?”



Buffy smiled, “That’s my Anya”, she offered, before whizzing past him as well.



This really was too easy, she thought to herself, passing two more males, leaving her with only three to pass to get a point.



She squealed in shock when two strong hands wrapped around her waist, “S’not nice to get a bloke all worked up before running away,” came the smooth, sexy voice from behind.



“I didn’t run, I rolled”



“Saucy bint” he purred into her ear before dropping his hands, one coming down full force onto her ass.



“OW!”



She heard his chuckle as he passed and her eyes narrowed, he looked way too good from behind for it to be legal. The muscles in his legs rippling, his knee length shorts the only thing he was wearing.



“When did his shirt come off?” she asked herself, and then, “It’s a shame he ever puts one on” she realized when she saw the rippling muscles of his back and his lean hips.

This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=36844