Opposites Attract by Linnae13
Summary: Buffy is an innocent seventeen year old girl living in a small town. When new neighbors move in down the street, things finally get interesting in her perfect little life. Two teens who are completely different realize that they're also exactly the same.
Categories: General Fics, NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 41 Completed: Yes Word count: 165426 Read: 72336 Published: 12/08/2011 Updated: 01/02/2013

1. Chapter 1 by Linnae13

2. Chapter 2 by Linnae13

3. Chapter 3 by Linnae13

4. Chapter 4 by Linnae13

5. Chapter 5 by Linnae13

6. Chapter 6 by Linnae13

7. Chapter 7 by Linnae13

8. Chapter 8 by Linnae13

9. Chapter 9 by Linnae13

10. Chapter 10 by Linnae13

11. Chapter 11 by Linnae13

12. Chapter 12 by Linnae13

13. Chapter 13 by Linnae13

14. Chapter 14 by Linnae13

15. Chapter 15 by Linnae13

16. Chapter 16 by Linnae13

17. Chapter 17 by Linnae13

18. Chapter 18 by Linnae13

19. Chapter 19 by Linnae13

20. Chapter 20 by Linnae13

21. Chapter 21 by Linnae13

22. Chapter 22 by Linnae13

23. Chapter 23 by Linnae13

24. Chapter 24 by Linnae13

25. Chapter 25 by Linnae13

26. Chapter 26 by Linnae13

27. Chapter 27 by Linnae13

28. Chapter 28 by Linnae13

29. Chapter 29 by Linnae13

30. Chapter 30 by Linnae13

31. Chapter 31 by Linnae13

32. Chapter 32 by Linnae13

33. Chapter 33 by Linnae13

34. Chapter 34 by Linnae13

35. Chapter 35 by Linnae13

36. Chapter 36 by Linnae13

37. Chapter 37 by Linnae13

38. Chapter 38 by Linnae13

39. Chapter 39 by Linnae13

40. Chapter 40 by Linnae13

41. Chapter 41: Epilogue by Linnae13

Chapter 1 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hi there! Thanks for checking out this fic! This is my first ever Spuffy fic so I hope it's good! I will gladly accept reviews and comments with a smile, whether they are constructive criticism or compliments I appreciate them. JUST PLEASE NO FLAMING- it'll make me sad :( There will be angst and romance and many MANY other things in this story, and it'll be LONG! Hope you enjoy!
Chapter 1:
17 year old Buffy Summers was busy painting her toenails a bright bubblegum pink. It was a hot day in July and her bedroom smelled like the fresh summer air that wafted in through her window. She loved summer in Connecticut, her home was always the brightest and most welcoming during the school-less months when all she had to do was hang out and have fun.

She could hear the sounds of her town outside the window. The events of the day of the townspeople quietly playing out in harmony behind the sounds of Buffy’s radio while she put a clear coat of nail polish over her now pink toes. She hummed along to one of her favorite songs while waiting patiently for her friend Willow to arrive. They were going to the mall to meet Xander.

Buffy walked downstairs in her jean shorts and purple tank top, waggling her toes about as best she could to get them to dry quicker. She got a bowl of chocolate ice cream from the fridge and sat down in the living room to watch some TV while she waited for Willow.

Buffy flipped through the channels before she settled on a station. It was playing a rerun episode of The Andy Griffith Show, she always liked watching that series. The town in the show reminded her of her own little town, just not quite as small. Still, everyone in her town knew each other, any gossip spread quicker than wild fire, but it was still peaceful and welcoming. Like something out of a movie. No bad parts of town existed. No bad people existed in this town either. The worst that could happen in Buffy’s community usually took place when they had their annual carnivals and such, equipped with plenty of contests for the townsfolk to take part in. Some of the housewives could get pretty catty sometimes. But besides that and the usual spreading of gossip, which she never took part in, her town was the most innocent place to ever exist.

Buffy, her younger sister Dawn, and their mother lived together just the three of them. After Buffy’s father, who had never been a real father, passed away, the three young women had acquired a large inheritance. Apparently the jerk felt guilty for leaving his family behind so he left his money behind in the will. Once they had acquired the fortune, Joyce and the girls moved to the town of Moon Stream and were immediately accepted amongst the residents. Even though Joyce wasn’t a typical housewife, like a lot of the women in Moon Stream, she still found time between working at her gallery to join the PTA. Dawn made friends just as quickly as Buffy had, and both the girls were genuinely happy, neither of them had super close friends where they had lived before.

The women’s lives all changed for the better once they moved to the tiny town, and even after three years of living here, they had yet to grow tired of it.

“Hey honey, when’s Willow getting here?”

Buffy was jarred from her thoughts by her mother’s voice. “Uh… Oh, she should be here soon.”
“Okay. Hey, um, you know that house that’s been for sale down the street? Mrs. Sullivan’s place?”

“Oh yeah. Did someone buy it already?” Buffy noticed the sign had been taken off of the lawn of the recently deceased woman’s front lawn, but she never asked about who had bought it.
“Yep. We’re going to have new neighbors. They’re moving in early tomorrow morning. I met the man who bought the house and he’s very nice. Apparently he’s a widower and it’ll just be him and his son living there.”

“Oh?” Buffy could tell where this was going. Every time someone new moved in, it was like a ripple effect on the town or something. Everyone made an effort to welcome new occupants. People in this town were just friendly. And nosy, Buffy thought with a smile.

“I was thinking I should make something to welcome them to the neighborhood, maybe brownies, it’d be nice I think. And I thought-”
“And you want me to deliver them tomorrow.” It wasn’t a question.
“Well… if you don’t mind.”
“Mom, I’ve done this before. What’s the big deal? You’re acting like I’m performing a huge favor or some- Wait!” Oh no ya don’t, mommy dearest!
Joyce reddened. “Buff-”
“No mom! Nonononono!” She jumped up from the couch, setting her bowl of chocolaty goodness down on the coffee table.
“Oh, but Buffy, she wants to-”
“No mom! No way! Not gonna happen! Remember the last few times I took Dawn with to a new neighbor’s house? She is the epitome of embarrassment, mom! I’m not taking her tomorrow.”
“I already told her she could go. The last time she went with you she-”
“Spilled pop all over an antique chair with silk embroidered cushioning!”
“She was nine, Buffy.”
“So? That wasn’t the last time I took her with me either. She was eleven when she scratched The Philips’ brand new car with her bike pedal. That was last year, mom!”
“Buffy-”

“Mom! You take her over there tomorrow! I am not embarrassing myself again. Any time she meets new people, she gets all nervous and does something clumsy.”

Joyce sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before sipping some of her iced tea.
“Buffy, please. I would go over there but I promised Sally I’d help her out at the store tomorrow, Robert’s sick. He can’t work.”

“Why can’t Dawn just stay here?”
“I already agreed-”
“Well I didn’t!” Buffy cut her off. “Mom, pleeeease! I know she’ll do something embarrassing. I can’t stand people we just met yelling because Dawn broke something. It’s soooo embarrassing!”

Joyce knew when she had been defeated. “Ugh, fine Buffy. I’ll go over there with Dawn tomorrow, but you have to help Sally, then.”

Buffy immediately agreed; anything to avoid a Dawn catastrophe.

“Alright, I’ll call Sally now and tell her you’ll be there tomorrow at ten.”
“Fine by me.”

The front door opened and Buffy heard Willow’s voice float through the house. “Buffy, I’m here! Ready to go?!”

Not a minute too soon. Buffy let a sigh roll off her shoulders and said a quick goodbye to her mother before heading off to the mall with her friend.

***

Willow and Buffy sat at a table in the food court talking about the summer festival that always took place mid July. Playing games, eating junk food, watching Mrs. Hampton and Mrs. Briggs fight tooth and nail over first place in the dessert contest, and dancing while a DJ played in the town square; Buffy’s favorite events of the year. Willow shared her excitement. It was Monday and the festival was this coming weekend.

“Xander’s entering the pie eating contest again right?”

The red head smiled from ear to ear. “Of course! He hasn’t said anything yet but I can’t see a reason why he wouldn’t. Xander can’t pass up anything that’s sweet. Especially free sweets that he’ll earn money for eating.”

“Yeah, doesn’t seem likely he’d pass that up. Well, I’m glad, ya know? It wouldn’t seem… right if he didn’t eat a huge assortment of baked goods and then vomit later on.” Buffy giggled.

“You’re right there. Something would definitely feel off if I didn’t walk him home after he was done throwing up ten blueberry pies behind the gazebo.”
“I’m in agreement.” Buffy smiled as she sipped some soda through a straw.
“So, what’re ya doin tomorrow? Xander and I are meeting Anya and Tara at the batting cages around noon. Wanna come?”
“Can’t. I’m helping at Sally’s tomorrow.”
“Did you get a job there or are you just helpin out?”
“Just helping out. You see-” Buffy was interrupted by Xander’s cheerful greeting.

“Hi Xand, where were you?”
“Yeah, Willow and I’ve been waiting.”
He shrugged. “Dad made me mow the lawn before I left.”
“Oh, okay. So we still up for batting cages tomorrow?”
“You bet. Buff, you comin?”
“Can’t. I was just telling Willow I’ve gotta help at Sally’s tomorrow.”
“How come?”

“Well, originally my mom was supposed to help her but I said I would instead. Apparently we’ve got new neighbors moving in down the street, and mom wanted to greet them and welcome them to the town and all that, tomorrow. I said I’d go and do the whole welcoming thing but then she said Dawn had to go.”
Willow and Xander responded simultaneously. “Ooooooh.” They nodded knowingly.

“Yeah. So we switched places at Sally’s. I have to be there at ten in the morning.”
“Okay, well when’ll you be done?” Xander asked.
“Not sure. I’ll call you guys when I’m not busy. I shouldn’t be there all day.”
Willow nodded. “Okay, no biggy.”
“Ya know, I actually kinda like helping out at Sally’s, she’s really nice and she lets me take stuff for free.”

“Ooh! Yeah, she lets me take home a free bottle of her apple and raspberry shampoo when I help her out sometimes! That’s my favorite thing in her shop.”
“I like that one lotion that she makes, that honey and lavender one. It’s smells soooo good.”

“Okay, on to less girly topics, please.” Xander moved from his spot on top of the table to a chair. “So Buff, who’re these new neighbors? Know anything about em?”
“No, just that it’s a guy and his son. The dad’s a widower, I guess.”

“Oh, that’s sad.” Willow said sincerely. “How old is the son?”
The blonde paused. “Ya know, I didn’t ask. I’ll ask mom when I get home.”

Buffy was surprised at herself for not asking the age of the boy. Usually she was always curious about new boys moving into her town. She wasn’t what you would call boy crazy, and she certainly wasn’t slutty, far from it, but she did get crushes and had had a couple of boyfriends. She made a mental note to ask her mom as soon as she got home about the neighbors she had yet to meet, more specifically about the son. Maybe he was her age…
End Notes:
I know the first chapter is kinda boring but it will get better, I promise! :)
Chapter 2 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
OK so I'm really happy with the response I've gotten so far from this and I hope you guys continue to enjoy it! :)
Chapter 2:

When Buffy had said goodnight to her friends, she walked into the house from Xander’s car. She glanced at the clock on the table as she walked in; eleven o’clock.

“Mom?” Buffy called.
“In the kitchen.”

Buffy followed her mother’s floating voice and walked into the kitchen to find her sitting at the counter looking over what the teen assumed was gallery related stuff.
“Hey.”
“Hey honey. Do you want some tea?”

“No thanks, but maybe hot chocolate.” She smiled.
Her mom frowned. “It’s eighty degrees outside.”
“You know me. Chocolate fiend.” Buffy shrugged and sat on a stool.

Her mother got out a packet of Swiss Miss and moved back to her stool.

“So how late do I have to stay at Sally’s tomorrow?”
“She only said she needed help for an hour but stay for two, okay? Robert’s been sick for a week, it’s just the flu but he can’t help out at the store and she needs it. Don’t leave before noon, and remember-”

“Don’t accept money. I know.”
“Okay. Thanks again for doing this sweetie.”
“Well, it’s sort of a deal, ya know. I’d do anything to avoid-”
Joyce held up a hand to signal Buffy to stop talking. “She’s still up.” Her voice was a whisper.

“Oh. Sorry. Well, anyways, I like Sally so it’s no big.” She took the mug of hot cocoa her mom handed her, smiling gratefully. “Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.”

“So, anyways, do you know anything else about these new neighbors we’ve got comin in?”
“Uh, well… The man I talked to, his name is Charles Pratt, and he’s very nice; British, too.”
“British? That’s kinda cool. Giles and him might bond.”

Joyce laughed a little. “Perhaps.”
“So you said he’s got a son? How old?”
“Oh, he’s seventeen. He’ll be going to your school in the fall.”

Score! “You didn’t meet him?”
“Nope, but I probably will tomorrow.”
“Oh.” Buffy stirred her hot chocolate.

Joyce sensed what was going through her daughter’s mind. “You know… I promised Dawn we’d go shopping around noon or one, and you know she’ll hold me to that. You should go over and introduce yourself after we’ve left…”

Buffy’s eyes sparkled over the brim of her mug. “Okay, I probably will. Ya know, just to be neighborly.” Not to check out the new boy on the block. Oh no, not that at all.

Joyce smiled knowingly at Buffy.

Buffy looked up at Joyce and blushed. “What?”

“Nothing.”

***

“Hi Sally!” Buffy called from across the street to the young brunette standing right near her store, looking over the bridge that was on its right.

“Hey Buffy!” She smiled brightly.

Buffy walked over and greeted her friend with a hug. “So. I’m here. Put me to work.”

Sally laughed. “Okay, let’s get in there. There weren’t any customers so I was just enjoying the view for a little while.” She gestured toward the glittering lake.
“You still love the water, huh?”
“More than you know, Buffy.” She smiled at the teen as they both walked into the little shop.

Sally used to live on a boat house, but she moved to Moon Stream when she got married to her husband, Robert. They still had the boat house, and sometimes they would go out on the lake just to relax, but Sally missed living on the water. She always said she felt free when she was at sea.

“Thanks again for helping me out today. I just need someone to do some organizing and maybe man the cash register while I do inventory. You can leave at eleven.”

“It’s no problem, and I can stay until noon. Got nothing else to do and besides, I love your shop.” Buffy stopped to pick up a small candle and sniff it. She smiled. “It’s got pretty smelling things in it.”

Sally smiled. “Thank you. And that’s a new scent. I bet your mom would like it. You can take it home if you want.”
“Thanks, it smells really good. What is it?”
“Vanilla and orange. The combo sounds strange but its smells amazing.”
“You’re not lying.”
“Okay, so I’m going to be in the back. Would you mind taking care of any customers if they should come in?”
“No problem.”
“And could you empty that box of things over there in the meantime?” She pointed.
Buffy nodded. “You bet.”

“Great. Just put everything that’s in the box on that table it’s sitting on and arrange the stuff in a decorative way. It’s my new little collection of lotions, soaps, and candles, and today’s the first day it’ll be out.”
“Cool, what’s the scent?”
“Go over there and you’ll know.” Sally smiled and walked into the back room. “Just holler if ya need something!”

Buffy walked over to the box and took out a jar of lotion. The front of it said Cocoa Divine and the color of the substance inside was a dark brown. Buffy knew what was inside that jar and she quickly opened it up to take a whiff.

Chocolate.

Oh, I am so buying a jar of this stuff.

***

Buffy had just finished arranging the Cocoa Divine display when two young women walked in through the shop’s door. She didn’t recognize them, must be tourists. “Hi, I’m Buffy. Let me know if you need anything.” She smiled sweetly and they thanked her before they started their perusing.

She took the box that once held the Cocoa Divine merchandise and stuck it under the counter before sitting on a stool behind the cash register. She had just started flipping through a magazine when she heard the doors open once again and looked up to see her ex-boyfriend, Riley Finn, heading straight for her.

Just great...

“Hi Buffy.”
“What do you want Riley?” She was not in the mood for this.
He looked her over with a leer. “Oh I can think of a couple things.”

Buffy rolled her eyes but didn’t say anything. She was determined to get rid of him by ignoring him. It had always worked before.

“What do ya say you be my date this weekend for the-”
“Nope.”
“C’mon, why not?”

She just gave him one of those “are you really asking me that question” looks and he bent his head shyly.

“C’mon, Buffy we can try it again. We were a great couple before. I don’t see why you can’t give me a chance-”

“I gave you a chance the first time and you blew it.”

His eyes narrowed and he leaned in to whisper harshly. “Ya know, you’re never gonna get a boyfriend if you keep-”

“If you wanna keep that tongue of yours you better not finish that sentence.” She spoke menacingly enough to shut him up without even looking up from her magazine. She had meant that threat and he knew it.

He stepped back and mumbled to himself. “No wonder Parker dumped you.”

Buffy heard him and gripped her magazine tighter, but she refused to let him see her anger. Thankfully, the customers approached with their items and Buffy took her out. “Riley, I have customers, so unless you’re buying something, leave.” The last word had just enough fury in it to make him step back.

“Whatever.” And he was gone.

Buffy serviced the two women, noting that they had each purchased some items from the Cocoa Divine Collection. Good job, Sally!

She returned to her magazine.

Buffy thought about the visit from her ex. He had tried a couple of times after they broke up to get back with her, but Buffy swore to herself she wouldn’t put herself through that again. Riley had been a fantastic boyfriend, when he wasn’t drinking. She had tried to get him to stop, he was only seventeen and his behavior wasn’t good when he had alcohol in his system. But he told her it was only at parties and she was being too controlling. She put up with it until he hit her one time when he was drunk. Then she booted him.

Owen was Buffy’s first boyfriend. He was sweet but they got bored of each other after a month. Angel had been her second boyfriend and her first love, she was crazy about him. Unfortunately, he had to leave because his parents had to move. And if the parents move when you’re sixteen, you kind of have to go with them. When he left she was heartbroken, and she thought he had been, too. He promised to email her everyday and call her all the time, he promised a long distance relationship, he promised to love her no matter what. He didn’t keep his promises. Then there had been Parker, he was just an asshole. They dated for a week but then he told her to hit the bricks because he “found someone new that he liked better.” He had actually said those words. After Parker there was Riley and, yeah, that’s her history with guys. Nothing ever worked out. She was only seventeen, and she was petrified of getting hurt. But she wasn’t one to give up so easily. She was just careful with who she dated.

Buffy checked the clock; she still had an hour and a half to help out Sally. The door opened again to reveal two new customers. Good, it was just the Jackson’s. Buffy smiled and greeted the couple.

Okay, let’s hope for no more psycho exes today.
End Notes:
still a little boring, I know, but give me a couple more chapters
Chapter 3 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Here's the 3rd chapter! hope you guys enjoy :) I know I don't really have a scheduled posting of any of these chapters, so I'm sorry about future hold ups and random postings.
Buffy walked out of Sally’s store at 12:30 and headed for home. She walked through the town square and waved to people as she enjoyed the warm sun beating down on her face. She grabbed her cell phone and dialed her mom’s number.

“Hey, mom.”
“Hi sweetie, you done at Sally’s?”
“Yeah, I’m heading home now. I might go out with Xander and the girls later.”
“Okay. Dawn and I just left. We’ll be back in a few hours. If you go out-”
“Make sure I have my phone, I know.”
“Thank you. Bye the way, you’re going to see the new neighbors before you leave, right?”

Yeah, like I’d forget about that. “I guess saying a quick hello wouldn’t be a bad idea, why?”
“Make sure you do. Mr. Pratt’s son, he seems… distant. I don’t think he was happy about the move. Be sure to be nice to him.”
“Okay, I will. Maybe I’ll invite him to hang out with me and the gang later.”
“That’s a good idea. I don’t think he has any friends here and well, he’s not exactly… I just think you’d be a good influence on him.”
Buffy laughed a little. “Okay mom, I’ll try. See you later.”

“Bye, honey.”

*CLICK*

Buffy walked the rest of the way home, all the while thinking about the mystery guy who had moved in on her block. She was getting curious-er and curious-er. The way her mom spoke…

How bad could he be? He’s probably no worse than most teenage boys his age. Buffy was confident all she had to do was talk to him, make him feel welcome, and he would gladly accept her offer to hang out with her and her friends.

The blonde approached her block and decided to go into her house to grab her purse before heading out and greeting the new neighbors. When she walked through her front door, Buffy took her cell phone out of her back pocket to call Willow and ask her where she was so she could meet up with the redhead and the others, hopefully with a certain new neighbor in tow.

***

Spike looked out of his bedroom window at the peaceful town and literally groaned. He hated this place and it was only the first day. He didn’t even go outside except to help his father carry crap inside from the rental truck. Other than that he stayed in his room trying to make it as comfortable for himself as possible. He hated this town and its cheery atmosphere, he hated that his dad drug him here. He missed the city. He missed the traffic and the people, he missed his racing buddies, and he missed the fast food. There wasn’t even a good gyro stand within ten miles of this sodding Twilight Zone. He couldn’t stand it.
He’d never admit to it, but he regretted being such a pain in the ass that he got kicked out of school back where he used to live. He loathed the fact that his dad felt it necessary to move him out here to a tiny little country town in order to keep him in check. Spike had buggered up his life back home, and now he was stuck in a happy little version of Green Acres, AKA hell, until he turned eighteen. Once he was eighteen, he was determined to get the hell out of here, and follow his dream in racing cars.

Spike couldn’t believe his old man had actually moved him out of the city. Given, his father never once called him Spike, a nickname he’d received from his racing pals back home, and would still always refer to him as William (much to Spike’s annoyance). And his father had taken away his car keys as punishment several times in the past for missing class (that was the worst thing you could do to him). But still, never once did Spike’s father try and convince him that racing cars was a dumb dream to have. Of course, Charles never found out about his son’s little car thieving habit that he was so good at, but still, the man never discouraged the teen’s love for cars. Spike never told his father this, but he respected him a great deal because never once had he been the kind of man to tell someone to give up on their dreams.

Good ole Charlie Pratt was a writer. He had written ten books and was also a poet, even though he never published any of his poems. Spike’s father was a dreamer, and even though he was stern and well, old, he was still a softy at heart. Spike and his dad didn’t exactly get along too well, mostly because Spike was the definition of rebellious, but they were close. Neither could or wanted to deny that.

But Spike was rightly pissed off at his dad as of late.
Spike groaned and ran his hand through his slicked back locks. Even though he planned on being as unhappy as possible for the next year living in this town, he didn’t plan on being bored. There had to be some normal people around, some guys that liked drag racing just as much as he did and didn’t like living in tiny towns, just as much as he didn’t. He was determined to go out and drive around until he found a place just like the one he had found back home. A place he could hang out and race and drink, some place he could be himself. Some place he could have a good time.

But Spike figured that would not be anywhere near the little community of Moon Stream. He’d probably have to do a long bit of driving; which didn’t bother him, as long as he could speed on the highway. But he wouldn’t leave until it got dark. He wouldn’t find a place like the one he was looking for while the sun was still up.

Spike turned away from his window to examine his room. It was the same size as the one he had back at home. He admired his decorating skills. The room itself was a dark mallard green with white molding. His queen sized bed was toward the back of the room against a wall, with a trunk at the foot of it, and the bathroom was to its right. His closet, which had mirrored doors, was on the opposite side of the bed. There was a stack of car magazines right next to his laundry basket by the entryway, and his guitar was on its stand right near the window seat. His radio was on a table opposite the door, and there were dozens of CDs stacked underneath it. On the walls there were posters of cars, but no girly posters. Spike felt posters like that were kind of lame; tacky even.

He didn’t need pictures of girls hanging all over his bedroom; he had never had trouble in the chick department. Okay sure, one time this bint named Cecily turned him down, but after Spike had gotten into cars, he got to give her the brush off. He never got serious with girls after Drusilla. After her, the others had just been free lance flings. He didn’t need another relationship or any headaches. After what he went through with Dru, he never thought about seriously dating someone again. Girls were like ice cream flavors in Spike’s head, you sample one and then you move along. But he made sure any girl he messed around with knew the score, knew that he wasn’t relationship material. He certainly didn’t need another Harmony fiasco…

So yeah, no girly posters; he had too much pride for that. Spike preferred the real thing.

The bleached blonde went to his radio, popped in a Sex Pistols CD, and grabbed a car magazine. He plopped down on the surprisingly wide window seat and was about to close the window when he saw a girl walk by.

He was struck.

Frozen.

The first thing Spike noticed was her hair. She took a clip out and the golden strands fell around her shoulders and down her back, making Spike wish he could run his fingers through her long mane. She was built incredibly, petite and curved in all the right places along with toned arms. The girl looked as if she would mold perfectly into his embrace. She dropped the bag she was carrying and bent over to pick it up, giving him a perfect view of her perfect rump. He suppressed a groan and sat completely entranced by this girl. She had to be around the same age as him… and she was hot as hell! But there was something else about her that drew in his focus. Just the way she walked made his eyes follow her, study her. He kept watching until the angle of his bedroom window made it impossible to see her any longer. Spike forced himself to stay inside instead of going after her.

Oh, but he really wanted to go after her!

Get a grip, mate. Don’t be a ponce. If you meet her face to face and you still want her, you can get her no problem.

Spike closed the window, cranked up his stereo, and walked over to his bed. He sprawled out and flipped through his magazine pushing all thoughts of shiny hair and perfect curves out of his mind.

***

Buffy quickly brushed her hair, reapplied lip gloss, grabbed her purse, and headed out the door. She headed straight for the house now owned by Mr. Pratt and his son. They only lived three houses down from her.

Buffy rang the doorbell to the large house and waited patiently. She fixed a stray bra strap and looked at her reflection in the window of the front door. She was wearing a pair of dark jean shorts, red tennis shoes, and a red tank top. She held a small white purse in her hand, and her blonde hair was hanging down her back and around her shoulders.

She smiled when an older man came to the door and opened it. He was tall with blue eyes, brown hair, and a kind face. His sideburns were slightly grayed and he had on round glasses. He was wearing a pair of old sweat pants with paint stains on them, and a grey T-shirt.

“Hi, I’m Buffy Summers. I’m Joyce’s daughter.”
“Oh, yes. It’s nice to meet you. Your mother said you might be dropping by. Please, come in.” The man gestured.
“Thank you.” She smiled.

The man walked up a short flight of stairs and through another doorway, Buffy followed. She took in the sight of the living room. It was a dark maroon color with dark brown molding. The couch was brown leather with two chairs to match. The coffee table was low and made of a solid dark wood. There were black and white photographs all around the walls and a few boxes that hadn’t been unpacked yet beneath the large television screen hanging on the wall.

“Wow, the first day you moved in and already you’re pretty much all unpacked.” She smiled warmly.

He laughed. “Oh hardly, dear. The kitchen and dining room are still quite a mess, along with the basement. Anyways, it’s very nice to make your acquaintance, Miss Summers. My name is Charles Pratt, but you may call me Charlie.”

She liked his accent. It sounded just like Giles’, very proper and very British. Buffy shook his hand. “Nice to meet you. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I didn’t get a chance to earlier with my mom and sister; I was helping out a friend. I hope I’m not bugging you.”

He chuckled. “Oh of course not, dear. You’re not a bother at all. I’ve been receiving visitors all day in fact. All of them have been quite friendly. It really helps when you move to a new place if your neighbors are kind.”

“Well then you’ve moved to the right place. Everyone in Moon Stream is nice, it’s kind of impossible to find anyone unkind here.”

“Well that so far has been proven true. Now, it might be a little hard to find the glasses but if you like, I can get you something to drink. Perhaps iced tea? Or water?”

“Oh no, that’s okay. I’m fine. I noticed your accent, did you move here from England? My mom never said.”

“Oh no, my son and I moved from England to the States years ago, but we just moved here from Chicago. Beautiful city.”
“I’ve got some relatives who live there.” Buffy pointed to a chair. “May I?”
“Oh, yes, yes, of course. Please.”
“Thanks.” She sat. “So, if you don’t mind me asking, why’d you move?”
“Uh… Actually it- My son, mostly.”
“My mom mentioned that- um, your son… was my age.” She smiled shyly.
“You’re seventeen, as well?”
She nodded. “I’ll be a senior in the fall.”
“Lovely. My son, William, will be going to your school come autumn.”

“Yeah, my mom said that, too. She doesn’t leave much out.” Buffy laughed a little. “So um, is William around? Since you guys just moved in and all, he probably needs someone to show him the town, and I know this place like the back of my hand. I’d be happy to show him around if he wants.”

Charles smiled. He liked this young lady. She was sweet and polite, and he knew that his son would take a quick liking to her as well. “Really? That would be splendid! I wouldn’t want to put you out, though.”

Hmm, haven’t heard the word “splendid” in a while. “Oh please, it’s fine! He’s gonna be going to my school and it’d be nice to meet him now. Besides, I love playing tour guide.” She offered another sweet smile.

“That is very generous of you, Miss Summers. My son, well he… He wasn’t too happy about the move. Maybe if he got used to the town he’d feel a little more relaxed. I’m afraid… he isn’t very good at adjusting.”

“Well, I’m happy to help! And please, call me Buffy.”

Charlie smiled warmly and fidgeted with his glasses.
“Alright, well I’ll go up to his room and see if he’s up for it. Sometimes he can be very… um…”
“Stubborn?” Buffy offered after a moment.
Charlie chuckled. “Oh, you did hit the nail on the head there.”
Buffy blushed slightly despite herself. “I’m sorry. I just guessed.”

Charlie chuckled. “And it was a brilliant guess.” He headed for the staircase. “I’ll be back in a moment, dear.”

“Sure thing.”

Buffy sat waiting as she tried to listen to the goings on upstairs. She heard footsteps. Then she heard very loud music. She wrinkled her nose at the sound. She’d definitely never heard that song before. Suddenly the music stopped. She heard the men’s voices but they were very faint. Then she heard someone yell. She jumped slightly; and again when she heard another shout. Then she heard a door slam, again she jumped. Suddenly she felt like she should be going, no, running from the house. Thankfully the shouting she heard wasn’t Charlie’s voice; it must have been William’s.

Charlie trudged down the steps and faced Buffy. “I- I don’t suppose you heard that?”
Buffy smiled sadly. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to cause trouble.”
“Oh, no dear, it wasn’t you. As I said before, William is, well the word you chose still fits. He’s a stubborn git of a son. I’m sorry. I really do appreciate your offer to take him out.”

Buffy felt a pang of remorse for Charlie. He looked so disappointed, sad even, at his son’s actions.
“It was no problem. But ya know what, it’s probably better that he stays home today. You need help unpacking everything anyways.” She tried to reassure him.

“Yes, I suppose, if I can get him to focus on something besides his anger. He was indeed not happy about the move.”
Buffy stood. “He’ll adjust.” She smiled kindly. “It was nice to meet you, Charlie. Let me know if William changes his mind?”
“I will. Thank you, Miss- Buffy.”
She smiled again. “No problem.”

Charlie let Buffy out then banged his head against the wall. What was he going to do about his son?

***

Spike listened to his dad walk down the stairs. He listened to the muffled voices of his father and the chit who had offered, apparently, to show him around town.
Spike’s response to this had been, “not bloody likely.” Of course, Spike yelled it, though. He also yelled to his father to get out when he tried to push on the subject.

He didn’t feel guilty for yelling at his dad. It was his decision to bring him to this damn town, and he certainly didn’t need to get a tour of it to know he hated it.
Spike was a little curious as to who this girl was, though. His dad said her name was Buffy Summers. What kind of name was Buffy? Apparently she’s a neighbor. There had been a lot of neighbors traipsing in and out of this house all damn day. He had only seen a couple of them, though. He didn’t really talk to any of them.

Spike went to his window and watched as he waited for the girl to leave his house. When he saw her, his jaw dropped. It was that same girl who he’d seen outside his window earlier. Suddenly Spike felt like an idiot.
She must think I’m such a pillock. Good job, mate.

Wait. Stop.

She’s just a girl, nothin special about her. Why should I care what she thinks? I don’t. God, he needed a drive. Staying in the house was making him desperate for human contact.

Spike grabbed his keys, a pack of cigarettes, and headed downstairs.

When he headed toward the back door to go to the garage his dad called to him.
“Where are you going?”

“Out.”

“So you’re not going to help me unpack, then?”
“You wanted to move, you unpack.”

And with that, Spike left, slamming yet another door.
The bleached teen walked to the garage and got in his Desoto. He started it up and drove off, closing the garage door with the electronic key he now had on his key chain.
He pushed all thoughts of golden locks, sexy legs, and sashaying hips from his mind.

***

Buffy and her friends had spent most of the day at the batting cages, mostly laughing at Anya’s failed attempts at hitting the ball and instead her successes at hitting herself in the back of the head. After they were done there, they headed out to Greg’s for a bite to eat.

Greg’s, a 50’s styled diner complete with a juke box and waiters on roller blades, was their usual place to eat and hang out. Buffy always felt like a character from Happy Days when she ate there, but hey, she liked that show. Xander had showed it to her plenty of times; he owned a couple of the seasons on DVD.

Buffy was finishing off her chocolate milkshake when Willow asked her if she could have a sip.
*SLURP*
“Oops. Sorry, Wills. Too late.” She smiled apologetically.
“Oh, it’s okay. I’ll just get a small one for myself.” She called over to a waitress and ordered.

The bleached blonde waitress with pineapple earrings wrote down the redhead’s order. “Okay, Doll. One small shake, any a the rest a you cats want anything?” The waitress pointed her pen at the table of teens, popping her gum while she waited for answers.

Tara spoke up. “I’ll have another coke, please.”
“Kay, coke. Anyone else? No? Okay, be back in a flash.”

With a quick roll to the kitchen the waitress was gone.
Buffy wrinkled her brow. “I’ll never know how they get used to those things. I’d fall on my butt at least ten times a day.”
“Probably thirty.” Xander quipped.
“Watch it, Xander.” Buffy smirked and threw a rumpled napkin at her friend.

Anya approached the table from the bathroom and sat down next to Xander, brushing up against him none too subtly. She gave him a flirtatious smile that went apparently unnoticed by him, but not by the others.

Tara raised her eyebrows. “Hey, Xander, um could you go and ch- change the song on the jukebox for me?”
“Sure, what song ya want?”
“Uh…” Tara spotted a poster on the wall of the King. “Elvis.”
“Okay, what Elvis song?”
“Oh… just an Elvis song.”
He eyed the girl questioningly.

“I’m just in a- an Elvis mood, I guess.”

He shrugged and went to change the tunes.
The girls were on Anya immediately.

Tara: “Did you talk to him?” Willow: “Has he said anything?” Buffy: “Do I need to hurt him?”

Anya took a deep breath and exhaled hurriedly. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him! I making all the right moves! I am not being subtle at all! I always ask him to walk me home after we hang out, alone, and- and- I just- Ugh! Men!” She dropped her head to the table and covered it with her hands.

Tara patted one of Anya’s hands calmly. “Oh, sweetie, it’s okay. I’m sure he’ll notice soon.”
Anya’s head flew up. “Oh what are you, stupid?! The only way he’s going to know that I like him is if I walk into his bedroom one day, strip down, and tell him I wanna have sex! Plain and simple!”

A beat.

“Wait… that might actually work.”

Tara slapped herself in the forehead, Willow looked to Buffy with a panicked expression, and Buffy just laughed.

“What? What’s so funny?” Anya eyed her giggling friend.
“Nothing, it’s just… You might actually be right.”

Suddenly Anya’s eyes sparkled and Willow hit Buffy’s arm. “Buffy! Anya can’t just-”

Anya cut her off and spoke in a matter of fact tone. “Yes I can. I want Xander. So, what do I do? I take Xander. Simple. Little. Equation. It’s perfect!”

Tara was speechless, Buffy kept laughing, and Willow gave up with a large sigh. The redhead could tell by Anya’s face that this idea was not going to leave her brain anytime soon.

Xander approached the table again. “Hey, Buff, what’s so funny?”
“Oh,” *SNORT* “nothing.”

The waitress arrived with Tara’s pop and Willow’s shake before rolling back to the kitchen. The group continued laughing and talking as the sun set in the rainbow colored sky.

***

Spike had been driving around for hours, only stopping once to get gas and some snacks. When the sun was just about to set, his friend from Chicago called him and told him he had some buddies who lived in Connecticut. They were just the type of crowd Spike was looking for, too. His friend gave him the address of a small restaurant where he could find a guy named Gunn working in the kitchen. Apparently Gunn was his friend’s cousin and would be expecting Spike to show around sundown.

With an emphatic thank you to his old friend, a U turn, and a stomp on the gas pedal, Spike was on his way to some restaurant called Greg’s.
Chapter 4 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hope you like! :) reviews make me happy
When Spike found himself just five miles outside of the little town he hated to call home, he spotted Greg’s. It was one of those cheesy 50’s styled diners. God help those who have to work here, he thought.

Spike got out of his car and noticed the place was pretty busy. Waitresses on roller skates wheeled in and out of the restaurant bringing trays of food to people waiting in parked cars. The restaurant itself was packed, not a single table looked unoccupied. Spike stopped and took a breath as he cringed inwardly; forcing himself to go inside the establishment that looked as if it had been pulled straight out of Grease. A film Spike would never admit to watching... because he didn’t.

Nope.

He didn’t know all of the words to Grease Lighting, no he did not.

Shaking away the self depraving thoughts, he entered. Spike swaggered to the counter, getting the attention of a cute little thing behind one of the cash registers. A short brown haired girl with the biggest doe eyes he’d ever seen. She rolled over to Spike with a beaming smile and asked him if he wanted to order.

“No thanks. Just lookin for a guy by the name of Gunn, I was told he works here.”

The young girl blushed inadvertently at the sexy stranger; she really liked his British accent. She’d never seen him around before and thought he was a super hottie! “Oh sure, he’s- he’s in the back. Do you want me to get him for you?”
“Be much obliged, pet. If he asks, the name’s Spike.”
The girl giggled and nodded enthusiastically before rolling off to go get Gunn.

Spike continued standing even though there were a couple of stools open. He cringed at the sounds coming from the juke box. Christ, hasn’t anyone ever heard of the Ramones?
Suddenly he was bumped out of his place and turned to face a guy who resembled that Jim Kerry bloke. “Hey, watch it, mate.”
“Oh, sorry about that.”

Spike drew his attention away from the brown haired male and stood waiting for Gunn.

***

Buffy was stealing a sip of Tara’s coke when Xander returned. “Hey, guys get a look at captain peroxide over there.” Xander pointed with his thumb over his shoulder.
The girls peered.

Buffy got one look at the tall bleached boy and found herself… (surprisingly) attracted to him. She could only see his profile but the side of his face was chiseled like no other, with emphasis on a razor sharp cheekbone. He stood with a confidence that she found insanely attractive, and even under that leather coat she could tell he must have a nice body. He looked a lot like that guy-

“He looks a lot like Billy Idol.” Anya finished Buffy’s thought.
“You listen to Billy Idol?” Willow asked incredulously.

“He’s kind of cute. But he is dressed sorta weird. It’s hot outside for a coat.” Tara commented plainly, inadvertently distracting Anya from answering Willow’s question.

Willow turned her head again to see the stranger. “He is dressed kind of funny, but he’s cute enough. Not my type, though.”

No one caught the smile Willow threw in Tara’s direction.

“I find him quite attractive, in a roguishly handsome sort of way.”

Xander scoffed. “You think he’s attractive? Look at his hair!”

Tara smirked, noticing Xander only said something after Anya mentioned the stranger’s looks. Maybe she won’t have to go through with her plan after all... “C’mon Xander, he is sorta cute. He’s… different, but still, cute.”

Xander snorted. “C’mon Buffy, back me up here. Don’t tell me you think the guy’s cute.”
“You’re right Xander, he isn’t cute.”
“Thaaank you.” Xander gestured with his hand.

Buffy looked away from the subject of debate for the first time and up at Xander. “He’s hot!”
“What?!”
Tara fought a snicker, and Willow smiled when she spoke. “Told ya, Xander.”

The brunette sat down defeated. “Ugh, so you’re telling me, all I have to do to get girls to fawn over me is get a long, black leather coat and bleach my head?”
Anya’s eyes widened at that. “Xander! Don’t bleach your hair! I- I like your hair! If- if you bleach your hair… I’ll kill you.”

Xander half laughed at her threat. “Whoa, relax Ahn, I was just kidding. Besides, I couldn’t pull off bleached hair.”
“Yeah, not like that boy can.” Buffy used her thumb to point over her shoulder at said boy.
“Hey!”
Buffy giggled. “Sorry Xand. But c’mon, you seriously can’t see girls being attracted to that?” She pointed again.

Xander took another glance. “… Okay, maybe I can see it. It’s just… his hair is white! How can you have white hair and still be considered hot?”
“I don’t know but it works for him.”
“Buffy, why don’t you go say hi? You seem to be really into him.” Willow asked.

Buffy stole another glance at the sexy outsider and bit her lip. “Um… I don’t think so.”
“Why not?” Anya asked.
“He’s cute, but… obviously the bad boy type. I- I’m not into that.”

“Well maybe that whole bad boy look is just a cover up. I hear most guys will dress like that just to boost their confidence a little.” Tara added conspiratorially.

Buffy took one more look at the stranger. She noticed how he held himself and how he checked out passing girls. The look he gave several guys larger than him when he caught them glaring, thereby causing said guys to turn away cowardly. His cocky smirk when girls shot flirty smiles his way. His fingers tapping impatiently on the countertop and his big combat boots…

Oh no, this was no cover up. She could just tell. Buffy turned back to her friends. “I don’t think it’s a cover up.”

“Okay.” Willow shrugged.
“Well you might not be interested anymore but… looks like he is.” Anya nodded her head in the direction of the peroxide blonde.

Buffy’s eyes bugged and she fought her initial urge to turn her head. “Willow. Mirror!”

Willow dug into Buffy’s purse and pulled out a compact, which she quickly handed to her friend.

Buffy opened the compact and pretended to check her makeup while stealthily maneuvering the mirror to get a good look at Mr. Tall Dark and Bleached. Yep, he was looking at her all right. Almost as if he might know her. Just as the stranger looked as if he was about walk over and say hi, Buffy closed her compact.

“Is he coming over here?” She cringed at the urgency in her voice.
Xander shook his head. “Nah, he’s talkin to some guy now.”

Buffy turned around again.

The leather backed boy was now talking with a black guy who looked around the same age as he. The guy in the chef’s uniform was obviously meeting the bleached teen for the first time; Buffy could tell by the way they were conversing.

“Oh.” She tried not to sound disappointed but knew she had failed. Buffy shook her head to shake off the regret the mystery boy had caused her. “Well, anyways, I’m hungry again. Who wants to, a… split a burger with me?”
“I’m in!” Xander spoke up.

***

He silently cursed Gunn’s crappy timing; just when Spike had noticed that Buffy girl sitting not 20 feet away from him, and was about to go talk to her, the nit decides to show up.

“So, you’re Spike?”
“You Gunn?”
“I am. Jack told me about you.”

*Insert Manly Handshake Here*

“Oh really?”
“Yeah. Don’t worry, you look like the type of guy he said you were.” *Hands are released.* “Should fit right in. So your old man moved you out to Moon Stream, huh?”

“Yeah. Just my bloody bad luck.”
“Hey, it’s cool. We’ll take care a you out here. Any friend a Jack’s is good by me. Now I don’t live in Moon Stream, but I’m not too far outta the way, and neither is the place you wanna be.”

“S’at right?”
“Yeah. It’s an abandoned lot. They were supposed to build on it but it’s just a huge concrete landscape now. Plans musta fell through cuz the place hasn’t been touched in five years.”

“Sounds perfect.”
“Believe me, it is. There’s me and a bunch of others who go out there any night we can. It’s a big group but everyone knows each other. I’m sure you’ll fit in...” Gunn arched a brow. “If you can drive as well as Jack says you can. Sounds like you got quite a rep back in Chicago.”

Spike smirked. “Which rep?”
“All of em.” Gunn smiled. “Look, Jack doesn’t play around. If he says you’re a good driver, than you’re a good driver; which means you’re welcome here. Just don’t lead the cops on and we’re all good. Got it?”
“No worries on this end.”

“Alright. Tonight’s not a night we’re all meetin up, but tomorrow night’s in play. You got a number I can reach you at?”

Spike grabbed a napkin and Gunn handed him a pen. Spike wrote down his cell number and handed the napkin to his new acquaintance.

“Kay, cool. I’ll give you a call tomorrow and ya can come out an show us your stuff.”
“Sounds good. Thanks a lot for this, mate. I don’t know what I woulda done out here if Jack hadn’t called. Probly woulda blown my own bloody brains out from boredom.”

Gunn laughed. “S’no problem. I’ll give you a call round six and tell ya where to meet us.”
“Alright then.”
“Oh, and you wanna know a good way to make friends?”
“What’s that?”
“Beer.”

Spike laughed this time. “Will do.”
“Okay, nice meetin ya, Spike.”

With that, Spike left the annoyingly cheerful diner and headed for his Desoto, but not before taking another glance at where that pretty Buffy chit was sit- Oh, she’s gone.

Spike stepped out of the restaurant and found himself looking for her. He scanned the parking lot for that beautiful head of blonde hair. Then he clenched his jaw and forced himself to bow his head.

What’s the matter with you? She just a girl, mate! Let it alone.

Spike shook his head and jumped in his car, starting the engine and screeching off onto the road. The way he was thinking about Miss Buffy Summers was unnerving him. This wasn’t supposed to happen again…

***

“You know, I still don’t know how you got a license and I didn’t.” Buffy asked her friend pointedly.

Xander tried to find a nice response. “Well, Buff... Your driving is… It’s just not- It’s…”

“Horrible.” Anya helped.
“Hey!” Buffy looked back at her blonde friend.

“Thanks Anya, I was trying for subtle.”

“Well she knows already Xander, she just won’t admit it. Believe me, I wish she had a license…” She directed her gaze back to Buffy. “Then it would be one less person to have in the car before you drove me home… with just the two of us in the car… alone.”

Buffy shut up at that one.

Xander, still driving, was completely oblivious to Anya’s remark. He turned onto Buffy’s street and waited for her to get in her house.

Buffy watched from her window as Anya got out of the back seat and moved to the front before Xander drove off. She smiled to herself. Oh Anya, I hope you get his attention soon.

Buffy walked into the kitchen where she found her mom going over bills.

“Hi, mom.”
“Hi, honey. D’you have a good day?”
“Oh it was of the good. Sally gave me a couple of candles and I bought a lotion from her.”

“I saw the bag on the coffee table. I already burnt that orange one a little bit, it smells wonderful.”

“She said you’d like it.” Buffy smiled. She did think it funny that her mom never wanted her to take money for helping out Sally or anyone else in town at one of their small shops or something, but when it came to taking free offered merchandise? Joyce never said a thing. But that was probably just because a few free items never surmounted the same value of the hours put in to help.

“Hey did you uh, meet the new neighbors today?”
“I met Mr. Pratt.”
“Oh, Charlie? Isn’t he sweet?”
“Yeah, he’s nice. I feel a little bad for him, though. His son’s kinda… well I didn’t actually see him but-”
“His son’s name is William right?”

“Yeah… I offered to take the guy around town, you know, show him the ‘lay of the land.’ Charlie went up to ask him if he was interested but I just heard the guy yell at his dad. Didn’t even come down and talk to me himself or tell his father politely to tell me no. He just… yelled. It isn’t really a big deal I just thought it was kinda… well, rude.”
“His father said he’s having trouble adjusting.”

“He hasn’t even tried adjusting yet, it’s his first day here.”
“Be nice if you meet him. I’m sure he’s not a bad kid.”
“You’re probly right I just, I don’t know. He sounded really… mean.”
“Well, he’s a teenager.”

“So am I.” At Joyce’s look Buffy deflated. “Maybe I’ll go back over there tomorrow, see if the wind has changed.”

“I think that’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll go with you; that way I can talk to Mr. Pratt and you can actually meet William yourself.”

Buffy tilted her head and smiled at her mother. “You know, you’re really good at coming up with perfect solutions... How do you do that?”

Joyce smiled. “It’s a gift dear. It comes with old age.”

Buffy gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. “Night mom.”
“Night sweetie. Oh, can we go over around six? I’m busy at the gallery until then.”
“Sure.”
“Okay. And could you spend some time with Dawn tomorrow? She’s going over to her friend’s house around five, so it won’t be for too long.”

Buffy groaned. “Ugh, fine. She can just walk to her friend’s on her own right?”
“As long as it’s not dark out, that’s fine.”
“Okay. Night again.”
“Goodnight.”

Buffy walked upstairs, got ready for bed, and tucked herself in. She lay down quiet and still, just thinking about the day ahead of her. Nothing really pressing to do… God, she loved summer.

Her eyes finally started drifting shut as the cool breeze from her window helped soothe her to sleep. Tonight she would dream of a certain leather clad hottie, whom she could remember every detail about all too well. Oh sure, she would never actually date a bad boy, they only ever made good heartbreakers, but still... a girl could dream.
End Notes:
see! they SORTA met... lol don't kill me.
Chapter 5 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I've gotten some really sweet reviews so far. Kisses to you all!!
Spike awoke late in the afternoon the next day. He had gotten in around five, and had headed straight for bed.







When he rolled over in his bed to check his cell phone for the time it read 4:00 PM. Spike groaned and stretched. It was late, but he’d had a pretty good sleep. After he’d left the diner the night before he had continued driving until he’d found a club. It wasn’t quite as big as the ones back home, but never the less, a club. He was pleasantly surprised, though, when he saw the inside. It was actually more wild and “outside the box” than a few of the ones back in his city. His fake ID got him in and Spike noticed that it was much easier to pass for twenty one in Connecticut than it was in Chicago.







Spike had enjoyed himself just drinking and chatting up any girls that caught his eye. He even got laid, by a petite blonde, in the bathroom of the place so he summed up the night to be a pretty good one. Even though he hadn’t drank too much. When he drove home he wasn’t even tipsy. That was one rule of thumb Spike never let himself forget. If he were to get in an accident his precious car could be totaled. And after what happened to his mum…







Spike just never drove drunk. He hoped the group he was meeting later was like his old gang back home. Drinking and having a good time? Sure. Racing, stealing, and betting? Hopefully. But nobody drives once they start stumbling over their own feet. That was the one and only rule Spike and his pals had abided by back in Chicago. It was pointless and stupid to risk your life and not even remember it the next day. Fortunately from what Jack had said, these people were just the type of crowd Spike was looking for, so fingers crossed.







Spike got out of bed and went to bathroom to shower and get dressed. When he was done, he would go downstairs and unpack a few things for his dad. Sure, the teenager was still pissed at his father but hey, the man was old. Spike figured he’d just go down there while his dad was gone for the day, which was supposed to be until six, and organize for him a little bit. But no way in hell was he going to help his dad out when he was home! Oh no, have to keep the pride. And Spike was still angry at his father for taking him away from the city he loved so dear.







Nope, Spike wouldn’t be organizing kitchenware for his father if he was home to see it, but the teen would do it when his old man wasn’t around.







***







Buffy had awoken around 9AM. Her day then consisted of lying around with Dawn and watching TV. Silly and completely lazy were her selected moods, but only until five, then she’d be free of her sister and could go for a nice walk around town, and probably stop to grab a chocolate muffin from Bernadette’s bakery while she was at it. Then when her mom returned at six she could maybe finally meet the mystery boy a couple houses down.







Buffy’s curiosity had peaked and now she was dying to meet this guy; mostly because she wanted to try and maybe make life easier on him and his dad. She liked Charlie the first moment she met him, and felt bad that he was having problems with his son, genuinely she did. She also felt bad for William, having to move from his home and friends. The other reason she was curious to meet this boy was because her mind couldn’t stop thinking of what he might look like! It was hard to resist the need to put a face to his name, and now it was just getting damn annoying!







It was just bordering on five o’clock. Dawn and Buffy were sitting in the living room watching an old movie called Once Bitten with Jim Kerry in it. So far it wasn’t bad. Right now the scene her and Dawn were watching was a kind of dance number done to the song Hands Off by Maria Vidal. (Buffy had taken the time to pause the movie and look up the name of the song, much to Dawn’s annoyance.)







Mr. Kerry was currently being fought over by two girls, one a vampire and the other, his normal human girlfriend. Buffy found herself rooting for the vampire chick, she had better hair. Dawn, however, was not in agreement.







“How can you say that? She’s an evil soulless vampire! She doesn’t deserve him!”



“But she needs him, that other girl can get a new boyfriend in a heartbeat.”



“So? That Countess chick you want to win is gonna turn him into a vamp!”



“So? Ya get to live forever, it can’t be too bad.”



Dawn scoffed. “It is when you can’t see yourself in a mirror, you can’t go out during the day, and you’re all pale and yucky!”



“Immortal, Dawn. Immortal.”



“… But still! Evil vampire versus pretty girl? Who do you want to win?”



“Actually the vampire is pretty, too, so... I’m at a loss.”



“Ugh. Fine.” Dawn stood. “Pause it? I gotta go pack my stuff and I wanna finish watching this tomorrow when I get back.”



“What if I wanna watch it?” Buffy inadvertently pouted.



“That’s okay. Just don’t tell me the ending.” And with that, the brown haired girl ran up the stairs to gather her things.







Buffy stopped the movie and turned off the TV. She had absolutely nothing to do but she kind of wanted to finish the movie with Dawn, so she decided she’d take her walk earlier than planned. She might as well take Dawn to Bernadette’s and then walk her over to her friend Cassie’s house before going over by the lake with her camera.







That was one thing Buffy liked to do when she had nothing to burden her. She loved photography. Anytime she wasn’t busy she’d take her professional camera her mom bought her for Christmas over to the lake and take pictures of the water and surrounding nature. Photography soothed her; she loved capturing special moments and extreme beauty on film to be cherished forever. Call her a sap but she loved it.







Buffy ran up to her room, grabbed her camera, her cell, and some cash before calling out to her sister.







“Dawn, I’ll walk you over there! And if you want we can stop by Bernadette’s first to grab a snack!”



“Okay, sounds good! Just a sec!”



“I’ll be outside!”







Buffy walked down her stairs and slipped her camera string around her neck. She walked onto her front deck and sat down on the porch swing while she waited for her sister.







Buffy took in the beautiful day. It was sunny and hot, but not humid and a nice breeze accented the air. She took a deep breath and held it for as long as she could, just savoring the scent of summer. The sun was still up and there were no clouds to be seen. Buffy was about to take a picture of the landscape when an eager Dawn came bouncing out of the house with a small duffle bag over her shoulder.







“Kay, all ready. Let’s go.”



“Okay.”







With that, the two siblings made their way to the town square.







***







Once Buffy dropped Dawn off, she headed over to the lake. There were tons of people lying on the beach, tanning, swimming in the water, playing volleyball. But Buffy needed a quiet place; or at least one where she didn’t have to worry about being hit in the face with a Frisbee.







She found a space that was completely free of people; due to the huge bolder that lie between the livelier part of the beach and the giant rock wall that was behind that. It was the perfect little ten by ten segment of sand where she could take her pictures in solitude. She stood there for a few minutes, just reveling in the harmonious space she had found for herself.







Buffy had taken about ten photographs when her mother called her and asked her where she was. Buffy had completely forgotten about going over to the neighbor’s house and it was almost six o’clock. She hung up the phone and headed home.







***







It was six o’clock and Spike was back in his room awaiting a very important phone call. He heard the front door open and knew his dad had arrived home. Spike would never admit it, but he was hoping his father would notice the job he’d done earlier. The bleached teen had been unpacking and organizing for almost two hours and had managed to put a nice sized dent in the abundant amount of moving in that there’d been left to do.







When he heard a muffled “Bloody Hell” from downstairs he smirked, knowing his father had definitely noticed his hard work. Not that the man deserved any sodding help…



Spike’s cell phone rang and he answered it with lightening speed, exhaling when he heard the caller speak.







“Hey, Gunn.”







Spike never heard the doorbell ring.







***







Buffy and Joyce were quickly asked in and offered drinks. Charlie was in a particularly good mood. He had met a lovely lady in town, a widow, and then arrived home to a much neater and more organized house. Charlie knew William was the mystery elf behind the organizing.







At least fifty percent of the things that had needed unpacking were put away and sorted. Any boxes that had once contained the items were now neatly folded in the kitchen next to the refrigerator. He wouldn’t dare say anything to his son, he wouldn’t dare thank him. He knew William all too well. Charlie would just show his gratitude in subtle comments. And he wouldn’t bother William about coming home late without calling the night before, as he had planned to do. His son had done it a number of times before in Chicago, the only reason Charlie had been upset about it was because they were in a new environment now. He’d been worried; more than usual.







He should have known better, though; his son could take care of himself and would do as he pleased.







Once the mother and daughter were sitting in the living room with fresh glasses of lemonade, Charlie asked them what he’d done to deserve the company of two such charming ladies. Both the women had smiled and blushed just a tad at his kind words.







“We just wanted to stop by and say hello once more. I really hope we aren’t intruding.” Joyce spoke sweetly.



“Oh no, of course not! I’m delighted to see you both again. Everyone in this town is so kind. I actually went around today exploring and I met a number of very nice people.”



“Oh that’s nice.” Joyce smiled. “Did William tag along?”







Buffy smirked as she sipped her lemonade. Her mom was good at this kind of thing. She obviously wanted William to fit in here. Buffy figured it probably had something to do with the fact that her mother had once been an outcast and had told several stories of how lonely it could be. Buffy had a feeling her mom had a somewhat personal interest in William’s situation and his well being.







It was odd how mothers could be so… motherly.







“No he didn’t, but-”



Charlie was cut off by loud stomps; his son was flying down the stairs.



“What on Earth- William, where’re you going?”



“Got a meetin to get- Oh.” Spike stopped mid sentence and gazed at the two women sitting in the living room. One of which was the Buffy girl. He assumed the other was her mother. Spike’s eyes focused on Buffy, though. She wasn’t just hot like he’d thought before. She was gorgeous. Now that he was finally getting a closer look...







Well, the word effulgent came to mind.







Her hair was free and loosely curled; it looked like spun gold. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel-y green color. And her legs… her legs were tan and just- Bloody incredible! God, what a woma-







Spike shook his head, forcing himself out of his haze. He didn’t have time to flirt or meet new people; he had a place he really needed to be. Like now!







Buffy gaped at the man in front of her. It was that same sexy ass stranger from the diner! If she had known her new neighbor looked like that, she would have insisted on meeting him yesterday the first time she was over, yelling and bad attitude be damned!







Given, bad boy equals no dating, but he was just so…







I wonder if he recognizes me…







“Hi, I- I’m Buffy. We’re um, neighbors. This is my mom, Joyce.” Buffy inwardly cringed at her own voice and tried her hardest to stop stammering as she gestured to her mom. A blush crept up her neck.







C’mon, get a grip Buffy! Bad boy means no boy, remember? You shouldn’t be stuttering!







Joyce held out her hand for William but all he did was look at it and turn his head to his father. “Dad, I’m going out. Be back late.” He headed toward the back door without another word.







When his dad called out to him, Spike ignored him. The teen felt like if he stayed another minute looking at Buffy he wouldn’t be able to leave. She was just too adorable with how she was stuttering and blushing, so innocent and golden, so full of life. She was just so… captivating. And he hadn’t even talked to the girl. Spike knew now that this pull he was feeling was too strong, if he went after this girl, he’d be setting himself up. He just wanted- needed -to get out of there. He needed to leave. He had a place where he was expected, and he still needed to pick up some beer on the way there, figuring it was probably the best move. Whether Gunn had just been joking yesterday or not, Spike wanted to make a good impression and alcohol helped with that.







Spike headed to the garage. It held only too cars, his Mustang and his DeSoto. His dad always parked on the street. There wasn’t anything too special about Charlie’s old Buick, other than the fact that it was in the best damn shape it had ever been in thanks to his son.







Spike hopped in his DeSoto and drove off. The Mustang was better for racing, but the DeSoto had a lot of perks. Spike had made every possible improvement on his classic beauty of a car, and he planned to show her off. Besides, he wanted to make an impression, and the DeSoto was all him. It was his baby. Of course he loved the Mustang along with all the other cars he’d stolen back in Chicago, the ones that were now still in the city with his friends, but the DeSoto was Spike’s signature. Other than the Mustang, which he’d actually inherited from a close uncle of his who had died, the DeSoto was the only car Spike had ever claimed legally. The black 1963 classic was the first and only car he ever bought.







Spike stopped at a liquor store, hit the highway, and headed for his destination.







Freedom.







***







Buffy and Joyce had left not too long after William disappeared. Charlie had given an apology for his son’s behavior and the two women had politely stated that it was fine. They changed topics rather quickly and after a few more minutes of conversation the girls headed home. As soon as they were back inside their house, Buffy exhaled sharply.







“What is wrong with that William guy?! I mean, seriously, rude much?”



“Now, Buffy, don’t-”



“What? State the obvious? C’mon mom, you can’t honestly tell me William is-”



“I don’t know what William is.” Joyce’s tone was stern. “And neither do you. Sure, his behavior was rude, but how many times have I told you not to be judgmental?”



Buffy sighed heavily. “Fine. I’m sorry. It’s just- Did you see the look on Charlie’s face when William stormed out of there? He looked so… sad and- and embarrassed.”



Joyce sat on the couch. “You’re right. He did. And that’s why I don’t think we should push anymore.”



“What do you mean, ‘push?’”



“We went over there hoping to get William out of the house. We went there to help introduce him to his new home, right? Well, he obviously doesn’t want that. He doesn’t seem to want too much contact with anyone. I think it’s just best if we stay out of things. No more hidden agendas for going over to the Pratt house. We’ll only help if asked.”







Buffy considered her mother’s words. She was right, and besides, Buffy wasn’t exactly thrilled at the thought of seeing William again. After the way he acted, it didn’t matter how cute he was, she already didn’t like his attitude.







“Shoulda known- stupid bad boy. What a jerk…”



Joyce interrupted Buffy’s muttering, not having heard her daughter utter a single word. “Okay Buffy?”



“Huh? Oh. Yeah, okay mom.”
End Notes:
Reviews make me happy :D
Chapter 6 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I'm really happy about the response I'm receiving. Thanks for the reviews! I want to feed you all nummy chocolates
Over the next couple days, things in the lives of both Buffy and Spike went smoothly. Neither one saw the other and neither really wanted too. Well, they didn’t want to want to.

Spike was immediately accepted by Gunn’s gang and had spent every night possible with them. He was finally having some fun. Sure, he still lived in the Hell referred to as Moon Stream, but at least now he had a way of escaping it.

Another thing he was trying to escape were the memories of his neighbor, Buffy Summers. He didn’t actually know the girl and they hadn’t spent any real time together, but for some reason whenever he had a free moment, he found himself thinking about the golden goddess living only a few doors down from him. Maybe it was the fruit of temptation, being so close but not allowing yourself a taste. He’d never thought about a girl like this before, except for Drusilla. But Drusilla and he had been in a relationship, he’d been in love with her. This new girl, this Buffy chick who he didn’t even know, had wiggled her way deeper into his mind than any girl he’d come across since Dru. How that was even possible when he’d never even touched Buffy, he had no bloody clue.

Spike found this incredibly annoying. He knew that if he allowed himself to get close to her… Well, it would mean trouble. Operation avoid was in effect.

When Buffy told her friends of her new neighbor’s identity, there was one “Are you serious?!” and a lot of open mouths. Of course once Buffy told them of his behavior, none were too anxious to meet him. They didn’t know him but they didn’t really care, and neither did Buffy.

Nope. She did not care.

Not one bit.

She didn’t think about him every time she went back to Greg’s, wondering if he remembered her from there. She didn’t have a dream about him almost every night. And no, she was not intrigued and enticed by the bad boy persona. Oh no, Buffy thought he was trouble… rude, yet delectable trouble.

She stayed away from him.

When the carnival arrived, Buffy had planned on going with her friends only to find out that, she couldn’t. Apparently Anya’s plan had worked. When she phoned Buffy to tell her, Buffy’s sides hurt for half an hour afterwards from laughing so hard. Of course, this meant that Xander and Anya were going together as a couple now. Willow and Tara couldn’t go at all. Both had last minute family gatherings to attend out of state, which meant Buffy would be alone. She could tag along with Xander and Anya for a little bit, but after a while she’d have to leave the couple alone. Of course they wouldn’t tell her to leave, but Buffy knew this was their first official date and she wasn’t going to ruin it. She was just glad she wouldn’t have to bring Dawn with her. The pre teen was going with friends. Thank God there was going to be a DJ! Dancing was Buffy’s favorite hobby next to photography. She would be saved by the music.

Buffy was in her room getting ready for the carnival. She wore a jean mini skirt, a cotton lavender peasant tank top, and black flip flops. After she finished brushing her hair she grabbed her jean bag and camera, and headed out.

Buffy glanced at her phone for the time. Crap! I’m late.

While walking fast down the street she stumbled and dropped her bag. “Arghhh.” She picked up her favorite pair of sunglasses off the ground and noticed they were cracked. “Damn it! Ugh…”

Spike walked out of his house and saw Buffy on the ground inspecting a pair of glasses. She’d obviously dropped her purse. As if of their own volition, his legs moved toward her.

Buffy turned on her knees, dropped what she was holding, and was met with the most powerful set of blue eyes she’d ever seen. She actually gasped at the sight. Then she blushed at realizing who those eyes belonged to.

Spike looked into the most beautiful eyes he’d ever seen, they were hazel with flecks of gold, not quite as green as the last time he saw- Oh bugger. He quickly bowed his head and continued to pick up her things, shoving them into her purse.

Buffy just stared.

Spike stood and offered her his hand. She took it.

At the first touch there was a spark. Not a spark like “Ow!” but the kind of spark that causes breath to catch in the throat. The kind of spark that causes a girl to stumble when getting back to her feet and makes a boy wrap his arm quickly around that same girl’s waist to pull her in close. The kind of spark that causes two people to stop and stare before either one of them even thinks of moving out of a close embrace with a near stranger.

Their noses were just barely touching. Her hands lay on his black covered chest. Their eyes locked and neither one could move. The closeness was causing their flesh to burn.

When Buffy finally got back the ability to speak, she swallowed hard. “Th-Thank you.”

Spike blinked a couple of times. “Um… you’re welcome.” He reluctantly pulled his hand away from her tiny waist and stepped back, handing her back her bag. “Here.”

She smiled and Spike swore he’d never seen a creature so beautiful.

Buffy looked down and breathed a sigh of relief. Unlike her heart rate, which was anything but normal at the moment, her camera hadn’t been damaged due to her clumsiness.

Spike spotted Buffy’s sunglasses still lying on the ground and bent over to pick them up. “Uh, these yours?”

“Oh. Yeah, thanks.” She took them gingerly and looked down at the now broken sunglasses. She’d managed to step on them, and plastic which had once been there was now crumbled to little shards on the ground. “There kinda broken now.” She threw the ruined glasses in her bag.

“Yeah, guess so. Sorry about that…”
“Oh, it’s not your fault. Just clumsy ole me.”

A beat.

“So, uh… You’re William right?”
Spike rolled his eyes. “My father just keeps goin for that one, eh?”
“What one?” She frowned.
“William’s my name but everyone calls me Spike. Dear ole dad just can’t seem to remember that. Must be old age.”
Buffy didn’t really like his tone. “Spike?”
“Yeah.”
“And you have a problem with William?”
Spike looked at her. “Isn’t your name Buffy?”
“What about it?” She put her hands on her hips.
“Nothing… Just, ya know that whole glass houses thing.”
“Buffy isn’t a silly name.”
He scoffed. “Okay.”
She suppressed an annoyed groan. “Ya know what, I take it back. William doesn’t fit you anyway. It’s way too… refined.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” His brow furrowed.
“Well, when I met you the other day you weren’t exactly polite.”
“Oh, well my apologies.” Sarcasm coated his words.
“You didn’t even acknowledge me or-”
He cut her off. “Had places to be. Didn’t have time for socializing.”
“Yeah, well same here. I’ve gotta go. I’m meeting friends.”
“You’re headed over to that carnival thing are you?”
Buffy resisted the urge to pull that raised eyebrow off of his face. “So?”
“S’nothing. S’just you people really don’t know how to have any fun in this town.”
Buffy crossed her arms. “How would you know? You just moved here.”
Spike smirked at her defensiveness. “These types of things are nothing but pie eating contests and raffles. They don’t even have decent music, always some sorta brass band playing.”
“Hey! Those raffles are fun. Last year I actually won.” She raised her chin in pride.
“Oh s’that right? Whadya win, a big basket full of soaps and candles?”
“… There was bath stuff in it too, lots of- of bubble bath and body scrubs.” She inwardly cringed at how small her voice sounded.
Spike used all of his will to push away an image of naked Buffy covered in bubbles and spoke sarcastically. “Oh, well jackpot then.”

Buffy narrowed her eyes at the infuriating Brit. She couldn’t stand his patronizing attitude. What did he know; he was just some big, bleached, stupid… guy. “Well… there’s a DJ! No band. Ha!”
Spike raised his hands in mock surrender. “My mistake, didn’t realize the people in this town were such party animals.”

Buffy refused to give in to her inner child who was urging her to stick her tongue out at him. She was so not doing that. So instead she settled for a bitchy eye roll. “Whatever. What’re you planning on doing tonight other than staying home and watching TV?”
“Not that it’s any of your business, but I do have plans.”
“Sure ya do.” She nodded in mock understanding and offered a sardonic smile.
Spike raised an eyebrow and snickered. “Look Goldilocks, why don’t ya just go have a nice little time at that poncy carnival of yours, head home at eight, and curl up in your bed with your favorite teddy bear, right?”
Her face scrunched up. “What do you think I am, nine?”
“Would I be so off?”

Buffy hated that this guy was making her sound like an innocent little girl. Usually people saw her personality as sweet and polite, not pathetic. Spike was seriously pushing her buttons. “I’ll have you know I am just like any other seventeen year old girl in this town!”
“Yeah, in this town.”
“You don’t know anyone in this town!”
“Thank God for that. C’mon, no use in pretendin here, pet. I can tell what kind a girl you really are.”
“You don’t know me.” She spoke through clenched teeth.
“Ooh, struck a nerve did I?”
He stepped closer. “C’mon, we both know…” Another step. “That you’re just as sweet…” Step. “And innocent…” The last step left Spike only four inches away from her face, and even closer to her body. Buffy could smell him; a delicious combination of cigarette smoke, leather, and something she could only describe as pure male. Her stomach was doing that crazy flip flop thing and she was starting to feel a little light headed. Why did he have to stand so close?

Oh and he was talking.

And the spell was broken the second she heard what came out of his mouth.

“As a little girl.”

Buffy immediately jumped back and shouted. “Bite me!” At that he actually had the audacity to chuckle.
“I’d probly be the first.”
“Screw you!”
He laughed a little. “You wouldn’t.”
“Yeah, for once you’re right!” Buffy let a cruel smile appear on her lips before she responded with cold evenness. “I wouldn’t.”

Spike’s jaw twitched, for some reason that last comment pissed him off. “Okay blondie, we both know you’re the goody two shoes type, but if you wanna deny it to yourself, go right on ahead. Party it up, go bump and grind on the first pimply faced git you can find. Bring him home and let him take a poke at your precious little virtue, and have yourself a naughty time with your mum sleepin right down the hall.”

Buffy’s eyes widened. Never had anyone spoken to her like that before, not even Riley when he was drunk. “You’re a pig, Spike!”
He took a step closer to the fuming blonde.

“Doesn’t it bug you that you can’t even hear things like that without blushing?” He pointed to her face.

Buffy put a tentative hand over one cheek. Sure enough, she felt the warmth there. She knew she must be flushed. She growled. “Oh, thank God you’re not going to the carnival tonight!” She whipped around and stomped off.
Spike yelled to her. “What, afraid I might just get you to do something you’d regret?!”
She turned around. “No, I just don’t feel like getting thrown in jail for assault! Not that I’d regret breaking your nose!” And with that, she was gone.

Spike’s nostrils flared as he watched her walk off. Never had a woman gotten him so worked up over something so small. He contemplated going after her, he really wanted to have the last word. Just as he was about to follow she turned the corner and he stopped himself. He had a place to be; he was supposed to be meeting his friends.

Oh but Christ he wanted to follow her! Usually when a woman said things like that to him he didn’t give a shit, but with Buffy…

She had really pissed him off, and there was something about arguing with her that got his blood up. Something kind of sexy about the way her eyes glittered with fire and the way her chest heaved in aggravation. She looked glorious when she was mad.

Spike felt like a school boy wanting to pull his crush’s pigtails. He groaned.

The bleached teen fought the urge to run after Miss Bloody Righteous again and headed towards the garage. He silently cursed his father for messing up the back door. If his dad hadn’t screwed up the lock, Spike never would have seen Buffy out front. He wouldn’t have fought with her and he wouldn’t want to follow her right now. He wouldn’t want to find her and argue with her some more. He wouldn’t have the burning desire to kiss the breath out of her either! “Stupid broad.” He muttered to himself. Spike knew that if he hadn’t been planning on an earlier-than-usual meet with the gang, there was no way he would’ve been able to stop himself from going after that raging beauty. Hell, he almost did.

Spike started his Mustang and made his way toward the highway. He was halfway there when his cell phone rang.
“Lo?”
“Hey, Spike it’s Gunn. Look man, tonight’s cancelled. Not enough of the group could make it so were just gonna aim for tomorrow.”
“Bloody- fine.” He groaned. “What time tomorrow?” Spike made a U-turn.
“We’re shooting for nine.”
“Fine. I’ll see you then.”
“Cool. Sorry about this man.”
“S’no problem. I take it you’re workin?”
“I will be in about an hour. You got anything else goin on tonight?”
Spike was about to answer when he suddenly thought about a cute little blonde with quite a temper and smiled to himself. “Yeah, m’sure I can find somethin to amuse myself.”
“Kay, see ya later Billy.”
He groaned. “How many times have I told you not to call me that?”
Gunn laughed. “Not enough.”
“Apparently.”
“See ya later, man.”
“Bye.”

***

Buffy was fuming. She stomped and muttered curses under her breath the whole way to the carnival.

How dare he?! He doesn’t even know me! Jerk!

Buffy loved being who she was, she was happy with her life. And sure, she was a good girl, but who cares! That was her choice! She could be whoever she wanted to be! It’s not like she felt there was a little part of her that was always being pushed down. That there was something in her that she’d never felt before, never let herself discover. No! She was completely content with her life and her decisions.

But then why did Spike piss her off so much? If someone else had said those things to her, sure it would have been hard to hear, but she could have ignored them. But with Spike…

“Ugh! Stupid Brit!” Buffy muttered to herself.

Another thing that made her mad was the fact that she wanted to see him again! Something was actually pulling her back to that Billy Idol wannabe. Something about arguing with him actually… it got her excited. It thrilled her. She felt like she was on a different plane when she was screaming at him, like she was letting lose a part of herself that she’d never been able to see before.

Even when she would argue with her past boyfriends about things, she’d never really yelled at them before. Sure, there were a couple of times when she’d felt like screaming, but she didn’t. She had always managed to keep calm enough to talk things out. Even when Riley drunk-hit her, all she’d done was go home. She didn’t say a word to him. The next day she called him and said she didn’t want to date him anymore, that they were through. There were no screams and all the tears Buffy had shed had been shed privately. Never once had someone gotten her as worked up as Spike just had. Only Dawn had annoyed her to the point of yelling before, and that was over sisterly stuff.

Buffy pushed away the disturbing thoughts plaguing her mind as she approached the town square. She headed straight for the pie eating contest and found a place next to Anya.

“You’re late.”
“Sorry. I got held up.” Buffy mumbled.
“You’re just lucky the contest is starting late, too. They’re about to shoot the cap gun off.”
“What?! I missed them fumbling around looking for the gun?”
“Yes you did.”
“Stupid, bleached…” Buffy caught the look Anya was sending her way and immediately censored her complaints. “I mean… That’s the best part of the whole contest! I can’t believe I missed it.” Damn it, Spike!
“It was really good this year, too. Mr. O’Neil forgot the caps, so he had to run back home. You should have seen Alex’s face. She was not happy.”
Buffy laughed. “I bet not.”

One of the best parts of the carnival was its annual, unavoidable mishaps. Such as the yearly search for the cap gun that signaled the start of the pie eating contest. Somehow it always managed to get lost, and then it would take fifteen minutes to a half an hour to find it. It never failed. Mr. O’Neil and a few others were the judges for the contest, and watching them curse and yell at each other while looking for the gun was a must see show.

Buffy was startled from her musings when said cap gun went off. She spotted Xander going full force at the pie in front of him. Anya was dutifully cheering him on.

“Hey, you and Xander, how’s it going?”
“Really good. We had sex and now we talk every night on the phone. He said he always had a thing for me but never knew I liked him. I told him he was dumb and then he asked me to the carnival.” The blonde smiled brightly.

Buffy suppressed the fit of giggles bubbling up inside of her. Leave it to Anya to sum up something like this in five sentences or less. “You two sound perfect for each other.” She smiled at her glowing friend. Anya looked like she was on cloud nine.
“Yeah. Xander even promised not to throw up after this. He said he’d lose on purpose so we wouldn’t have to leave.”
“Well that’s… actually kinda sweet.”
“Isn’t it?” Anya sighed dreamily. “He’s great.”
“Why is he even participating if he’s just gonna lose, though?”
“Oh, I asked him that. He said he couldn’t not enter the pie eating contest. It’s a tradition.”
“Ah.”

Buffy and Anya continued to watch their friend devour pie after pie. When he started to slow down Buffy knew he was starting to get queasy. Suddenly, the cap gun fired again and everyone stopped. The winner (not Xander) was declared and the competitors started to clean themselves off with wet rags. Her friend approached them and met Anya with a kiss.

Buffy smiled warmly at the gesture, they really were a cute couple.

“Hey, Buff.”
“Hey, Xand. Not bad eating skills up there.”
“Yup, I still got it!”
“I’m so proud of you, honey! Next year you can win and get sick if you want!” Anya wrapped him in a hug and he smiled.
“Thanks, Ahn.” He kissed her hair.

Buffy observed the way Xander melted into the tiny woman and tenderly stroked her back. They were so… right together. Anya couldn’t stop smiling and Xander looked more content than ever before. Anya nuzzled into his chest when Xander stroked her long blonde hair and pulled her closer. Buffy couldn’t help but feel both nauseated and happy for her friends at the same time.

“Okay, you guys are sickeningly cute. I’m gonna grab something to eat and take some pictures around here, I’ll see you two a little later.”

Anya and Xander’s gazes never left each other’s faces as they said their goodbyes.

Buffy rolled her eyes good naturedly and headed for the corn dogs.

***
Spike pulled up in front of his house. He was through fighting it, through holding himself back. He’d been thinking about Buffy for days and now that he had talked- argued -with her, he’d finally had enough. He had a free night and nothing else to do so he was going to go to the Moon Stream Summer Carnival.

He almost cringed at the thought but he was determined.

He’d never felt like this before. It was confusing and scary. He knew there was a chance at heartbreak, but suddenly, he didn’t care anymore. Spike was love’s bitch and he was man enough to admit it. He wanted to find this girl, he wanted to talk- argue -with her some more. He enjoyed driving her crazy, enjoyed making her squirm. He knew it was strange but he was thrilled by it. She was just so bloody cute when she was riled up. With Drusilla, any fight had been like the end of the world. He’d realized a long time ago that there’d been a lot of stress in that relationship. But with Buffy…

Oh, he was going to have fun with this one. He wanted to drive her up a wall and then hold her there while he tasted every delectable inch of her.

The leather clad teen stopped inside to use the bathroom. When he looked in the mirror he wondered if maybe he should change. He was wearing his usual black jeans and black T-shirt with his duster on top. Sure, it was like eighty degrees outside but his duster was like his second skin, he hardly ever went without it. Besides, the heat never really bothered him.

Spike sauntered out of the house to his Mustang, duster in place, and started driving toward the town square where he knew the carnival was being held. Operation avoid was now dust.

It was time to go see a girl.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed this 1! I'm not above begging so, reviews PLEASE??? *puppy dog eyes*
Chapter 7 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
(Just real quick: there's some violence in this chapt.) Anyways, I'm so giddy when I get reviews! and it makes me post faster :D Thanks so much you guys!!! Here's #7 hope you like :) (BTW, just a warning- i LOVE protective/possessive Spike, so there will be lots of him popping up in this story, even at unreasonable times sometimes.)
Spike parked his car about a block away from the town square because the streets were blocked off for the carnival. He walked over to the festivities and his eyebrows shot up at what he saw. There were booths set up surrounding the square, games being played, and all sorts of different carnival foods being sold. Kids were running around and Spike spotted a DJ being set up on the gazebo that sat in the middle of the square. There was also what looked like one of those portable roll out dance floors being set up right in front of the DJ’s speakers. The whole scene looked like something out of a movie. It was kind of… perfect.



And way too bloody cheery.



Spike, for the life of him, couldn’t figure out why his dad was excited about going to this thing. He figured his old man must want to meet people. That was just like his dad, always sociable.



Spike leaned up against a brick building and lit a cigarette. He scanned the crowd looking for Buffy. He couldn’t see her and decided that he’d stay put until he did. He tried to figure out what exactly he was going to do with Miss Summers now that he had finally accepted the fact that he wasn’t going to stop thinking about her anytime soon. Spike wanted to push her buttons, which he knew he could do fairly easily, but eventually following her around arguing with her would tip the little firecracker off to the fact that he also wanted to simply be around her.



He suddenly spotted the girl. She was buying a corn dog from a vender. He watched her walk over to a bench and sit down.



Spike thought back to their argument for the tenth time. He knew this one had a fire in her, he’d seen it in her eyes. He also knew that she was sheltered, a good girl. His lips curved around his cigarette into a smile as he realized what he was going to do. Spike had a serious inkling that little Buffy wanted more from life, that there was something in her just waiting to be released. She had gotten really defensive about being a goody two shoes. And now, Spike realized it wasn’t just because everyone who’s good wants a taste of being bad, it was because she’s meant to be bad; and she knows it. But she’s never had a chance. Oh, he couldn’t wait to be the one to bring this side out in her. It would take a little time, but he also knew just how to do it.



He’d start by observing, because really, he had no idea of how to approach her at the moment anyhow. His nerves were acting like they were all individually doped up on speed.



Christ, he was actually nervous to talk to a girl? That hadn’t happened in a very, very long time.



He was rightly screwed.



***



Buffy finished her corn dog. She picked up her camera to take a few shots of the carnival, all thoughts of Spike finally pushed to the back of her brain.



Buffy thought it would be cool to maybe do some black and white shots of the carnival, frame them, and then sell them at the library. There was a blank spot on her wall in her bedroom, too. She wanted to take three succession shots and hang them up there. Besides, until they finished getting the dance floor all set up, she needed something to do.



She was about to take the first shot when she felt someone watching her. She ignored it and took the picture. When she moved to take another one, she still felt it. The blonde took another photo and then stopped to look around. Buffy shook her head trying to clear it, sure that it was just her mind messing with her. She walked over to the other side of the carnival and lost the feeling. The teen started taking some more photos when suddenly, there it was again. It was like someone was studying her. She turned around in a circle searching for the person looking in her direction until she started to feel like a dog chasing its tail. Finally Buffy chose to ignore it as best she could, being that it was probably just her imagination.



The blonde spotted Xander and Anya walking hand in hand. She couldn’t resist. She raised her camera and took two photos of them. One had them kissing and the other had them gazing into each other’s eyes. God, they were cute.



After about fifteen minutes of picture taking, Buffy spotted her mom and walked over to where Joyce was busy talking with Mr. Giles and his wife, Jenny.



“Hi guys. What ya up to?”

“Oh, hi honey. We’re just chatting.”

Giles smiled warmly. “Lovely to see you, dear.”

“Where’re your friends, Buffy?” Jenny asked.

“Oh, Xander and Anya are on a date and the other two are out of town.”

“Xander and Anya? They’re dating?” Jenny frowned thoughtfully.

“Yep. It’s a new thing. There right over there.” Buffy pointed toward the laughing couple.

Everyone turned their heads.

“It’s about time Xander asked her out.” Joyce smiled knowingly.

“Actually, Anya kinda asked him.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah. Xander was…Well, as usual, he was clueless.”

“I understand.” Joyce smiled.

“So, have you been taking any pictures?” Jenny pointed to the camera around Buffy’s neck.

“Oh. Yeah. It’s this idea I have. I’m going to take a few shots, frame them, and then Arthur said I could sell em at the library.”

“Well that’s nice. I’ll probably buy one. Are they going to be in color or black and white?”

“Black and white. I thought it would give the photos more of an ‘artsy’ look.”

“Sounds nice.” Jenny smiled.

Joyce frowned. “So your friends aren’t around? You’re all alone?”

“Yeah, but it’s okay. I’ve got my camera and the music is going to start soon so I’ll be hitting the dance floor.”

“Well, alright. You can always hang out with us old folks.”

“Oh, please mom. You’re not that old. Besides, I don’t wanna bug you guys.”

“How thoughtful.” Joyce muttered with a good natured roll of the eyes.

“Nonsense Buffy, you could never be bothersome.” The Brit smiled.

“Thanks Giles.” Buffy grinned. “Well I might come sit by you guys a little bit la-”



Mid word, the DJ’s voice broke through the carnival’s atmosphere and people followed the sound. “Alright everyone, just like every year here in Moon Stream it is time to celebrate the summer! No school, no work, the only thing you guys gotta worry about tonight is havin a good time! Now get your butts out here and start dancin!”



“Oh! That’s my cue. Here, mom, watch my camera and my bag? I’m gonna take the DJ’s advice.” Buffy handed her stuff to her mother and ran to the dance floor.



Joyce laughed lightly. “This is her favorite part of the carnival.”



***



Spike eyed Buffy. He could tell by the way she was acting that she could feel his gaze. She knew she was being watched. When she had moved over to the other side of the carnival he did the same. He was watching the Summers girl, studying her movements, drinking her in. He thought about going over to talk to her but knew this wasn’t the best place to argue, and arguing would be inevitable at this point.



Spike refused to believe that his decision to stand and observe instead of approaching her had anything to do with his nerves. Oh no, nothing at all.



When he heard the DJ start up he watched her run to the dance floor.



Oh this should be interesting..., Spike thought.



He noticed as people crowded the dance floor when the first song started. Most of its occupants were teenagers, all of whom Buffy seemed to know. Must be her classmates, he thought.



He casually leaned against the side of the gazebo, lighting another cigarette and eyeing her.

And as soon as she started to dance, he almost dropped his Zippo.



Spike watched her like a hawk with owl sized eyes. Even if he wanted to move he couldn’t. He was entranced, focused on her. His eyes were plastered to this creature, this tanned beauty. He watched her move to the music, how she got lost in it, how she twisted her hips. How her hands trailed up her body and into her hair. How she just glided along the waves of the sound.



Spike figured Buffy must’ve forgotten about being observed. Whether she still felt his heavy gaze on her or not, she probably didn’t even think about it. She was being controlled by the rhythm.



And he was being controlled by her.



***



After a half an hour of straight dancing, Buffy went to get a drink. She finished her glass of water in five huge gulps, and headed back out to the dance floor. The sun was setting and it was getting cooler out, she didn’t even think about where Xander and Anya had gone. She was having too much fun. When she got back to the floor the music had changed, there was a slow beat playing now.



It was Better Days by the Goo Goo Dolls and everybody had doubled up. The slow dancing couples looked warm and sweet, happy and free. They were dancing on the waves of comfort. Buffy stood by the edge of the dance floor. She couldn’t dance by herself and decided that if no one asked her to dance she’d go grab her camera to take some shots of the heartwarming scene.



After a couple of seconds she decided she’d actually rather be capturing this moment with her camera than dancing. She headed over to her mom and when she returned she took five shots, all would be beautiful. The sunset made the lighting special and glow-y. Buffy returned her camera to her mom and went to get another drink while she waited for the song to change.



***



Spike watched Buffy standing at the edge of the dancing bodies, he almost thought about asking her to dance. The idea of having her in his arms made his heart beat faster, but before he could talk himself into it she was gone. He knew she’d return once the song changed.



A moment later he spotted her taking photos of the dance floor. Spike tilted his head in thought. She was smiling, gazing at the sight of the joined bodies moving gracefully together. Buffy looked like she herself was in a trance. Then she left again.



Spike scanned the crowd for her. He finally spotted her when white Christmas lights strung all around the square lit up. She was leaning against a tree sipping a soda, watching the swaying bodies. Again, Spike almost went over to ask her to dance, even though he knew she’d probably just shoot him down considering their last conversation, but then the song ended.



The beat was replaced by a sharp heady song, one he had heard before but never bothered to learn the name of. He didn’t like the song, but he liked how Buffy liked it.



She’s amazing, he thought.



He watched her dance to the beat, swaying her hips in tune to the music and moving her feet like they had minds of their own. She was beautiful and free.



Studying her, Spike felt… He felt… like maybe… bloody hell! He knew it was attraction, a strong one at that, but at the same time it was different! It was- Oh, sod it! He didn’t know what he was feeling.



Scratch that, he knew exactly what he was feeling.



Jealousy.



***



Buffy was flattered when Josh came up and started to dance with her. She’d always found him cute, but he had never showed interest before. She smiled as they moved. At first they swayed freely, hands lightly touching the other. As the song sped up so did their movements, he drew her in closer. Buffy found herself at first holding back, she’d never danced like this before because she had never allowed herself to try it. But the next thing she knew, she found herself giving in. She just kept thinking about Spike. The way he talked to her like she was a little kid, the way he made her feel so… innocent.



It pissed her off and she wanted to prove to herself that he was wrong. So Buffy decided to do a little dirty dancing with the cute boy. No harm no foul, besides, she was finding that this kind of dancing was actually… fun.



Little did Buffy know that if Spike was aware of the fact that he was the one who’d driven her to dance with Josh, the bleached teen probably would have literally kicked himself. Very hard.



***



Spike let out a low, inhuman growl.



The moment that stupid git in the purple T-shirt and blue jeans stalked up to Buffy, took her hands and started dancing with her, Spike‘s whole body stiffened. His hands tightened into fists at his sides. He spit his cigarette out and stomped on it angrily as his jaw clenched.



Someone was touching her. He wasn’t serious earlier when they’d been arguing!



Mother Fu-

Another growl.



Spike’s mind was screaming at him to run over there and rip the bloke’s arms off for even thinking of touching Buffy. He desperately wanted to punch the tosser’s lights out. The way he was groping her was turning Spike’s stomach into knots. But he knew there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn’t go over there and yell and hit and show jealousy for a girl he barely even knew. Buffy wasn’t objecting to the dancing so Spike just had to stay put…



And NO! He couldn’t just turn away either! His attention was glued to the heinous act of some other bloke touching his girl.



Wait. His?



When did he start thinking of Buffy as his?!



Spike was momentarily mind fucked at his subconscious slip. He didn’t even know this girl, never had he spent time with her. He’d had one conversation with her, and that had been a bloody argument! Now he was thinking of her as…



He was buggered. He was sure of it.



Spike roughly rubbed his hand over his face and swallowed hard. What was he going to do?



Stand and keep watching her until she was alone again, that’s what he was going to do. Then he’d approach her. The desire to argue with her again was still there, and he still didn’t understand it, but so was the need to just simply… be by her. Spike wanted Buffy to be his. So he stood and waited for the dancing to end, quickly lighting another cigarette.



This was torture.



Little did Spike know…



***



A certain ex-boyfriend of Buffy’s was watching the little show on the dance floor, glaring intently at Buffy and her dance partner. Mr. Finn’s foggy mind was telling him to wait until she was alone so he could find out why she was acting like this. Rage was slowly taking over as he finished another can of beer.



***



After three other guys took turns dancing with Buffy, Spike was ready to explode. Each one hand their hands all over her, and not once did she object! Couldn’t a girl as innocent as Buffy Summers feel like the blokes were pawing at her too much? Couldn’t she just give a tiny scowl or a light shove? Couldn’t she just not bump and grind with one pillock after another? Why was she torturing him? Couldn’t she just object once so he could jump in there and push the nit off of her? Was that really too much to ask?!



He was so sure Buffy wasn’t the dirty dancing type. God, did she always dance like this with blokes? Wow, he REALLY didn’t want to think about that.



Spike groaned. He needed a drink.



Yet somehow, his overwhelming need for alcohol was not strong enough to make him go look for it. Not when Buffy still had that ponce holding onto her waist and running his hand up the back of her-



Christ, couldn’t she just tell the wanker she was thirsty or something? And why’d she have to wear a skirt anyhow?!



Spike let out a giant sigh of relief when the song ended and Buffy finally left the dance floor.



***



Buffy finished yet another dance with a handsome male and then headed for the washroom. She was having tons of fun but felt rather sweaty and thirsty, too.



She made her way over to the café that was at the corner of the street. Several businesses that were in the town’s square had left their doors opened all day. None were actually open for paying customers, not with all of the carnival booths set up, but the doors were left unlocked for people to use the bathrooms. It saved money on having to rent porta potties.



Once Buffy had finished she stepped out of the bathroom and headed toward the now closed Café door.



She didn’t remember closing it.



Suddenly she was grabbed by the back of the arm and spun around.



“Riley.”

“Wanna tell me what you werre doing out- out there?” He spoke with a slur, obviously angry.

“You’ve been drinking.”

“Shut up!”



Buffy flinched. The last time Riley had been drunk was not a good memory for her. She tried to pull her arm away but his grip only tightened.



“What kind of slut h- have ya turrned into, huh?”

“Riley let go of me!” She started struggling again, and this time she wasn’t going to stop until he let go.



He pulled her closer and she could smell the alcohol on his breath. “Riley, listen to me.” Her voice was shaky. “Let me go. I-”

“You what?” His voice was deathly low. “Y- you wouldn’t come to this thing with- with me but you’ll fuck the first guy that comes around? Is tha- that it?! I didn’t realize afterr I dumped you that you- you’d- become such a pathetic sleaze!”

“Riley enough! Let go of me!”

“Did you like it, Buffy? D- did you like how they touched you? Huh?! You are n- nothing but a worthless whore!”



She finally pulled her arm free and quickly made her way to the door. She gripped the knob but it was locked. When she reached for the latch and twisted it, she was pulled back again. This time Riley held her with a bruising grip and spat his words right in her face.



“You’re such a bitch, ya kn- know that! I bet you cheated on me! I’m glad I dumped yourr ass! If I’d- If I’d known what a sl-slut you were I woulda done it a lllot sooner!”

“I dumped you and you can’t handle it! That’s why you’re so angry and you know it!” Buffy screamed her words, but as soon as they were out of her mouth, she regretted them. The one thing you didn’t do when Riley was drunk was yell at him.



He punched her right in the jaw and she fell hard, bumping her head on the edge of a nearby table.



***



Spike waited a few minutes before going after Buffy. He was finishing a cigarette and didn’t want to waste it...



Oh bollocks, he knew he was putting off talking to her. He got suddenly nervous again when the opportunity to speak with the cute blonde arrived.



Spike rolled his eyes at himself and threw his cigarette on the ground, smashing it with his foot before heading out in search of said blonde. He swallowed hard. Why was the mere thought of talking to this girl again thrilling him and scaring the shit out of him at the same time?



Spike caught something out of the corner of his eye. He turned and got the full view. Buffy was pulled backwards by some guy and turned around. Spike could tell this was not supposed to be a romantic encounter of any kind and quickly headed towards the café.



A split second later Buffy was punched in the face and Spike saw red. He ran full speed ahead into the coffee shop, hurling the door open just as the asshole who’d thrown the punch stepped closer to Buffy’s heavily breathing body.



Buffy looked up when she heard the café door open. Was that? Spike?



Spike lunged at Buffy’s attacker without so much as a second’s hesitation. The bastard didn’t even have a chance to make a defensive move. Spike wailed on him without thought, any hit that might have been received went unnoticed and unfelt.



Buffy tried to touch her jaw and hissed when it hurt at the feel of her finger tips. She was dizzy from banging her head. She slowly sat up and blinked hard, her eyes were beginning to focus once again. She turned to where she heard the two men fighting. Spike was hitting Riley with all of his force, battering the drunken teen. When he pinned Riley to the floor and continued wailing on him, Buffy was able to exit her shocked brain mode long enough to realize that the bleached boy had done a lot of damage to the football player’s face.



The long seconds he spent attacking Riley, Spike really wanted to check on Buffy, but he needed to make sure this blighter was down. He didn’t want to risk her getting hurt again. Spike was about to deliver another punch when he heard it, a small and weakly spoken “Stop.” from behind him. He stood shakily above a moaning Riley and quickly made his way over to kneel besides Buffy.



“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just get me out of here.”



Buffy quickly tried to stand but she stumbled into Spike’s arms when her knees gave out.



“Easy.” He spoke softly when he caught her.



The blonde duo made their way out of the café and over to a nearby picnic table, leaving Riley on the floor of the coffee shop.

Buffy felt safe in Spike’s arms. She was warm and definitely grateful.



She felt protected.



Spike had her sit at the picnic table and leaned down next to her. “You sit here a minute. I’ll go an get-”

“No.” Buffy cut him off.

“What?”

“Don’t get anyone. I just- Riley was drunk- again. But he never would’ve hurt me if he was sober.” She rubbed the back of her head, moaning at the soreness.

“I was going to offer ice.”

“Oh… ice would be of the good, I think.” She tried to move her jaw and shut her eyes tightly at the pain.

Spike frowned. “You sure you don’t want me to find your mum? She’ll probably want to-”

“I said no.” She spoke a little more harshly than intended. “Look… I’m sorry, it’s just- The last time he-”

“The last time? This has happened before?”

Crap. “Yeah… one other time. He was drunk then, too.”



Spike didn’t think it was possible to hate someone this much. He sighed heavily and rubbed a hand through his hair. “Alright look. If you don’t give me somethin to do, I’m gonna go right back in there and kill the bastard. So either, I get you a pack of ice or I’m headed to jail.”



Buffy laughed a little then hissed once more at the pain sent to her jaw. She lifted her hand subconsciously to her face and grimaced at the lump forming there. “Ow.”



Spike sat down and looked her over. There was a bruise forming on her arm as well as the lump on her face. He gently touched the arm and she flinched but didn’t pull away. “What’d he do here?”



Buffy looked down. “Grabbed me.”

Spike’s jaw ticked. “Pretty hard it seems.”

“I’ll be fine. But could I take you up on that ice offer? My jaw is-”

Before she could finish Spike was making his way to the nearest booth.



Buffy smiled softly when he returned with a cup of ice. He placed some of the frozen chips in a napkin and wrapped them up before gently moving it up to her face.



She flinched before putting her hand a top Spike’s to position the ice over the right spot on her face. Their eyes locked and both teen’s hearts started beating faster.



“Thanks.”

She smiled again and Spike’s eyes glimmered. She really was breathtaking.



“Sure. Does this feel a little better then?”

“It does…” Buffy caught sight of his scratched and swollen knuckles. “Oh! Your hand- It’s…” She gently picked up Spike’s injured hand to inspect it.



Spike inhaled sharply at the contact. Her touch was so gentle. He winced though, when her finger tips graced an open wound.



“Don’t worry about it, pet. I’ll be fine.”

“You sure? Why don’t you put some ice on it- here.” She moved to put some ice chips in another napkin before he stopped her.

“Really Buffy, it’s okay. I can barely feel it.”



The truth was, he could feel it, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it would be when the adrenaline finally wore off. He was still jumping around inside, but Spike was too concerned about Buffy to give a damn when it came to letting loose the extra energy, or to worry about his hurt feeler.



Before she could object, which he saw she was about to do, he asked her a question that had been nagging him. Whatever the answer, though, Spike knew he’d still hate the guy who dared touch her just the same.



“So…” Spike moved a strand of hair away from her face. “You wanna tell me what this was all about?” He gazed into her eyes; they were a beautiful dark green in the sheen of the Christmas lights above. He almost didn’t hear her response to his question.



“Well…” She sighed heavily, still trying to calm her fluttering pulse from the affectionate way he touched her hair. “Riley’s my ex, I broke up with him the first time he hit me. He doesn’t do well with alcohol.”

“I see.”

“I went into the café to use the bathroom and he was waiting for me when I came out. He yelled, I yelled back, he hit me, plain and simple. He was pretty drunk so I doubt he’ll really remember anything tomorrow.” She took a breath. “I don’t want to get him into trouble for something like this. He isn’t himself when he’s been drinking.”

“Did you tell anyone the last time he hit you?”

“Just my close friends and my mom. I made them all promise not to say anything, which they didn’t, but my mom’s not gonna know about it this time. The last time she said that if it happened again, she was going to talk to Riley’s dad.” Buffy half laughed. “His dad’s pretty strict as it is and if he heard about this... well, it wouldn’t be good.”

“He deserves it.”



Buffy looked up into Spike’s eyes. What she saw stunned her. He was looking at her with a stiff expression but his eyes held so much emotion… She gulped and tried to collect her thoughts. It was like they held her captive, those sapphire depths.

“Maybe… but he was drunk. Both times. I just don’t wanna get him into trouble over this. He may’ve become a jerk after we broke up but I know he wouldn’t have done something like this if he’d been sober.”



Spike just nodded, even though he REALLY wanted to go and beat the piss out of this Riley git some more. He wanted to talk to the bloke’s dad and the cops, too. Spike was no snitch, but Riley was a piece of shit if you asked him. Hitting a woman was something that always infuriated him, especially when talking about this woman. But Buffy did have a point, and it was solely her choice. People weren’t themselves when they’d been drinking, they were careless and they could hurt people. But that still didn’t mean he thought this Riley bloke was completely innocent either; hardly. If the son of a bitch ever tried to hurt Buffy again, come NEAR her again, Spike was pretty sure he’d kill him.



“So, do you have friends you wanna talk to? Anyone here besides your mum?”

“Um, actually yeah. Could you just- here.”

Buffy finally let go of his hand and let him hold the ice for her, leaving both of them to immediately miss the contact of the other. She went to reach for her cell phone from her pocket when she remembered she’d left it in her purse. “Oh, my cell’s in my purse. Do you have one on you?”

“Sure.” Spike took his cell phone from his duster’s pocket and handed it to her.

“Thanks.” She dialed Xander’s number.

“Hey, Xander? It’s Buffy. I know. It’s not my phone. Look, can you and Anya maybe meet me over by the um…” She paused to look around. “Italian Ice stand? I’m sitting at a table with a friend of mine. No, Willow and Tara aren’t back early. Yes Xander, I have other friends.” She rolled her eyes, causing Spike to chuckle. “Okay, thanks.”



Buffy handed her rescuer back his phone. She realized with regret he would probably be leaving soon after Anya and Xander showed. Spike had said he hated the idea of the carnival, and that’s where they currently sat. Guiltily, and not wanting to take up anymore of his time, Buffy sighed. “Thank you. Once they get here you can take off. I’m sure you’ve got better stuff to-”

“I won’t leave you.”



Spike was a little surprised at the strength he forced behind those words. He just felt very… protective of Buffy and he couldn’t help it. Maybe it had something to do with what had just happened, but it felt… deeper than that.



She looked at him quizzically. PLEASE tell me he’s serious…



“Uh- that is… I’m not busy. My plans were cancelled earlier so I’m free tonight. I’ll…” He focused his gaze on their now rejoined hands holding the ice. “I’d like to make sure you’re okay and whatnot.” He looked into her eyes again. “If you want- If you don’t mind, that is. I’d like to stay.”



Buffy wasn’t sure what made her do it, maybe it was the fact that there was cold water dripping onto her leg and she needed the ice to be removed from her face. But she wasn’t all too aware of much at the moment, Spike’s sudden boyish innocence and his words having just made her heart melt and her mind go foggy. She tenderly moved his hand that held the melting ice and brought it to her lips to kiss the side of it.



“I’d like that. Thank you, Spike.”
End Notes:
Sooooo? Thoughts? I know I'm starting to change the characters sort of quickly but I think it's good for who they are. They're also 17 remember, so changing is inevitable and both are experiencing new things. Buffy with her feelings & Spike with this town and the pull he has towards Buffy.
Remember this story is really long so there will be lots of fluff coming up but also I promise angst in later chapters! (and smut!)
Chapter 8 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I am so happy you guys are enjoying this story, being that it's my first I'm still incredibly nervous about it and i REALLY hope you guys continue 2 enjoy it!! Anyways, this is chapter 8. There is fluff on the way (along with more protective Spike in future chapters *grins* ) and since Buffy is a virgin in this story, the smut will be slow in it's progression, but it will happen, I promise! Anyway hope you like this one! :)
He didn’t know if it was possible to turn to dust, but he sure as hell felt like he could after she kissed his hand and looked at him like THAT. Spike wasn’t actually aware of the fact that he needed to breathe until his lungs started burning. The Brit sucked in a shaky breath and exhaled slowly.

“So, uh… how’d you find me?”

He didn’t hear her.

“Spike?”
“Oh, what? Sorry, what was that?”
“How’d you find me?”
“Oh…” Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! “I uh… as I said my plans were cancelled so I thought- I thought… I’d check out this carnival you were so hyped up about and… I saw you. When I walked by, I saw you through the window and I… Well I-”
“Snapped?”
They both laughed a little. “Yeah, guess I did.”
Buffy turned her head. “Thank you for what you did… besides the saving me thing. I don’t want to- to tell his parents or the cops but that doesn’t mean he didn’t deserve… You, um… It was…” She sighed and smiled, desperately trying to regain control of her mouth.

Spike tilted his head and smiled in adoration at her stammering. She was just too bloody cute.

Buffy bit her lip and looked him in the eyes. “No one’s ever done anything like… Well, ya know. Thank you.” She waved her hand in the air shyly, pink tingeing her cheeks.

She took the napkin away from her face to put some new ice in it.

Spike was glowing with pride.

When she looked back at him the teen rolled her eyes. “Okay, it was amazing, Spike....” She spoke teasingly. “But only because I’m surprised you could even take Riley. He’s a big-”
“He’s a ponce who looks like some stupid football playin, farm boy. Wasn’t even a challenge.” He spoke offended.
“Oh, I’m sure.” She giggled.
Buffy thought it funny that Spike actually nailed Riley right on the head with his description. “So, what made you come here tonight? Even if your plans fell through I could see this being the last place you’d wanna be.”
Spike smirked and looked around. “Well, it is rather… happy, init it?”
“I think you’re the only person in the world who can make ‘happy’ sound like a bad word.”
“It’s a gift.”
“Okay well, if this place is so ‘happy’, what made you come?”
Spike stared at the ground searching his mind for a good answer. A believable answer…
Sod it! “Well, I- We never got to finish our argument s’all.” There, that was the truth. Mostly.

Buffy’s face fell. “And you felt the need to… finish it?”
“Well- I hate not havin the last word!”
“Oh my God, what are you, twelve?”
“Ha! You’re one to talk.”
“Excuse me, I am not twelve!”
“Nine then?”
“Hey! A little sympathy for the girl with a swollen face here.”

Spike’s face turned solemn then. “M’sorry…” He looked into her beautiful, iridescent eyes and felt himself drowning in them. He’d come to this bloody carnival looking to piss Buffy off, but all he wanted to do at this point was… well, NOT piss her off. “Look. You wanna just… You wanna start over or somethin?”
Buffy raised her brows. “You mean like a… clean slate?”
“Yeah.”
She seemed to think about it for a minute, scrunching her face in the most adorable manner before nodding. “Deal.”

They both smiled.

Spike‘s original plan to push Buffy’s buttons and drive her crazy was quickly squashed when he saw that bastard hit her. Sure, Spike figured if they got closer, which he hoped they would, there would be arguments. And again, Spike was kind of looking forward to them, but not now. He didn’t want her to be angry at him and he didn’t want to drive her completely bonkers.

Not right now anyway.

Oh, but he still had plans to delve into her… less uptight side. Or more uptight side, whichever cage he could rattle that would get a rise out of her.

“Hey Buff.”

The blondes turned to face Xander and Anya.

Spike recognized them from the diner that other night. The girl had long blonde hair, lighter than Buffy’s, and a bright smile. The guy had short dark hair, and was proudly sporting a Hawaiian shirt that Spike wouldn’t be caught dead in. Both the teens looked about his age.

“Oh, hi guys. Um, Xander, Anya, this is Spike.” Buffy gestured.
“Hey man.”
Spike nodded his head in greeting.
“Oh, wait! You’re the hot stranger guy from the diner!”
“Anya!” Xander snapped then sighed, putting his hand to his forehead.

Spike looked at Buffy. “’Hot stranger guy?’”
She blushed as her green eyes doubled in size. “No! Just- No one! No hot guy of any kind…” She looked at Anya. “Right, Anya…” Buffy spoke in a warning tone.

“What, it’s him. You are him aren’t you?”
Buffy sighed and then, quite simply, gave up. “For the love of- Yes, Anya this is the same guy we saw at the diner the other night.” She answered her tactless friend’s question.

Spike was still eyeing a blushing Buffy but decided to give her a break this time. He answered without turning his head. “Yeah, I saw you blokes at that place called Greg’s, right?”

Buffy turned wide-eyed to see Spike smirking at her. She was surprised he’d remembered her from Greg’s.

Xander spoke after a minute. “So… you’re William then, right?”
Spike looked to Xander then back at Buffy questioningly.
“Oh. I- I told them about you after I met you the other day at your house. Ya know, when you stormed out all, ‘I don’t have time for anybody.’”
Spike groaned and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I’m him.” He looked to Xander again.
“Okay…” Xander sat down and eyed Spike thoughtfully. “Well, you don’t seem to be rude right now so… Anyways, Buffy, why’d you call- Hey, what happened to your face?”
Xander asked when he saw her pulling a newly ice packed napkin up to her jaw.

“That’s why I called you guys.”
“What happened?” Anya asked concerned as she sat down.
“Riley.”
“What’d he do?” Xander asked, his temper rising.
“Hit me in the jaw.”
Xander stood in a huff with slits for eyes. “Where is he?”
“Xander, it’s okay-”
“The hell it is! The first time I let it go because you said to, but now Buffy-”
“Xander! It’s okay… Spike took care of it.”
The brunette looked at the bleached teenager then back at Buffy. “Huh?”
“The bloke got a taste of his own medicine s’all” Spike answered.
“Are you gonna be okay?” Anya asked tentatively as she put her hand on Buffy’s arm.
Buffy smiled. “Yeah, I’ll be fine.”
Xander sat again. “So… William-er, Spike here, he stopped Riley?”
“If he hadn’t come- Well, I don’t know. I’m just glad he was there.”
Xander looked to Spike. “Please tell me you broke something.”
“I think I got the nose.”
“I can live with that.” He relaxed a little and took a deep breath. “So, you ARE reporting it this time, right?”

“No. And I’m not telling mom either. He was drunk again and I don’t want to-”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You don’t want to get him into trouble because he probably won’t even remember this tomorrow and it wasn’t his fault. Blah, blah, blah, we know. We won’t say anything.” Anya smiled.

Buffy gave a thankful nod.

Xander went to object but Anya gave him a warning glare. The brunette slumped and groaned in aggravation before speaking in a serious tone. “If he comes near you again, Buffy-”
“He won’t.” Spike growled his interruption.

Xander nodded slowly as he stared at the bleached teen. The guy seemed protective of his friend. Xander liked him already. “You’re right.” He turned to Buffy. “He won’t.”

“I’d be willing to inflict some vengeance on him on your behalf if you’d like me to.” The blonde grinned.
Buffy’s mouth curved into a smile. “No thanks, I’m good Anya.”

***

Buffy and her friends stayed at the picnic table a little longer just talking, it was almost eight and the carnival wouldn’t be over for hours. Buffy wanted desperately to just stay and have fun; she wanted to forget what had happened. It wasn’t like she was emotionally scarred or anything, Riley was just an ass. After they sat for a while Xander asked if the group wanted to do some dancing.

Buffy immediately accepted, as did Anya, and Spike jumped at his chance to finally dance with Buffy. The song was Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, fast and fun. Xander and Anya quickly jumped on the dance floor and got into the song. And as soon as Spike had Buffy in front of him, he pulled her flush against his body, and while he may have been moving to the music, his mind was shooting off fireworks as Buffy swayed close to his body. He really wasn’t aware of anything else except the feel of her against him.

Oh, he was in trouble, but he was readily and happily starting to accept it.

***

Buffy decided that, you know what, who cared if Spike was a jerk before? He saved her and they had agreed to start over, so she was going to flirt her little butt off! This boy was hot and genuinely a good person, what wasn’t to like? And he was a good dancer, too.

She decided that if he was a bad boy, maybe she could change that. At least a little bit… She wasn’t yet ready to admit that the whole rebel thing was sooooo turning her on.

And this dirty dancing stuff? She’d already blocked out what Riley had said to her, but if anything, he made her want to do it even more. Spite was a funny thing. Besides, she liked it… especially with her current partner.

Man, Patrick Swayze had had the right idea!

Buffy briefly wondered if Spike would call her Baby sometime before the night was over.

***

After dancing through three songs, a slow one started to play. Spike let out a contented sigh when Buffy turned around and put her hands around his neck and leaned into him. He quickly placed his arms around her waist. The bleached seventeen year old felt like he was flying.

Buffy let out a slow breath when Spike’s hands went around her waist, she wasn’t sure if he would want to do a slow dance. Thank God he did! She smiled shyly up at him as they moved to the music.

Think of something to say! Think!

“So how long’ve ya lived here?”

Buffy let out an inward sigh of relief when Spike started the conversation before she answered him. “Three years. We moved here after my dad died.”
“Oh. I’m sorry.”
“No it’s fine. My dad wasn’t really a part of my life… He um, left us money in his will and that’s when we decided to move here.”
“I see… I’m sorry I brought it-”
“It’s fine.”

Oh good job, ya wanker. Bring up a painful memory, that’ll get her to warm up to you!

“Spike? D’you hear me?”
“Huh?”
“I asked you if you were okay. Ya know, from before? The fight?”
“Oh, sorry love, yeah. I’m alright.”
“I just realized that Riley really didn’t get too many good hits on you did he? The only part of you that’s messed up is your hand, and that’s only cuz you we’re altering Riley’s face with it.”

Spike did this thing with his tongue and Buffy thought she just might fall over. Damn, he was sexy. “The wanker didn’t get too many good hits in, no.” He leaned down to whisper in her ear. “Don’t tell anyone but, I’m inclined to think it had somethin to do with the alcohol.”

Buffy giggled and Spike’s heart warmed at the sound.

“Probly. But ya sure you’re okay?”
“Fine, love.”
“Good.”
A beat.
“So… what were your plans before you came here?”
“What d’you mean?”
“Well, you said your plans got cancelled… Unless you were lying about going out before?” Buffy gave him a cocky smile. Could she have been right in their earlier argument?
“No, I wasn’t lyin, pet, so you can wipe that cute lil look off your face. Like I said, things got cancelled.”
“Well, what things were they?”
“Nosy lil thing aren’ you?”

She mentally kicked herself. God Buffy, could you be more childish? You’re starting to act like Dawn! “Oh… I’m sorry.” She looked down at his black covered chest. “I didn’t mean to stick my nose in where it doesn’t belong. It’s none of my-”
“It’s okay, was just jokin, Goldilocks.”
Buffy exhaled with relief. “Oh. Okay.”

A beat.

“So… what um, were your plans then?” Buffy didn’t know why she was so curious, but he said he was just joking a second ago so she figured she could ask again.
“Well… nothing you’d really know about. Just… hanging with some pals of mine s’all.”
Buffy arched a brow. “Then why does it sound like you weren’t just planning on ‘hanging’?”
It was Spike’s turn to arch a brow. “Well, we wouldn’t have been goin to Greg’s for milkshakes if that’s what you’re thinkin.”
“What would you be doing?”
“Do you really wanna know?” Say yes. Say yes. Say YES!

Buffy looked at him for a moment. There were a LOT of double meanings to that question, probably triple the amount of stylish yet affordable boots she had in her closet. She saw the sparkle in his eyes and the smirk he was giving her was deadly. If she had had any doubt that this boy was bad before, she didn’t now. She could just tell by the way he was looking at her that he was definitely not the kind of person she had ever met before. He was a bad boy, her gut was screaming it! And he wasn’t the kind of bad boy that just drank with his buddies every night and then got high. There was something almost… sophisticated about the way he was insinuating he was dangerous. He’s not an ordinary person, she thought. And it thrilled her.

She didn’t want to like him, this rebel. But she could no longer tell herself that she wasn’t attracted to the bleached devil in front of her. And after the whole Riley incident, she trusted him. She trusted a seventeen year old bad boy who she barely knew.

And she liked him.

Buffy threw her rules out the proverbial window and smiled.
“Yes.”

Spike grinned. It looked like he would get to introduce this little angel to the dark world around her sooner than expected. And that was fine with him. He leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“Buffy, how would you like to try on my world?”

Buffy’s heartbeat quickened and she had to swallow hard to moisten her suddenly dry mouth. His voice was just- Oh God! And his breathing was focused on a sensitive spot beneath her ear. She felt a shiver of desire race through her body. How did he do that just by whispering in her ear? Seriously?! “What?”

The song ended and the blonde duo looked toward the speakers. Suddenly a much more dance-y beat flooded the air around them. Buffy went to pull away and Spike tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her in close once again. He looked her right in the eyes with his forehead placed against hers as he spoke.

“How would you like to experience something less average? Less… vanilla?”
“Vanilla?”
“I live in a different place than you do, pet. How would you like to see it? See MY life? See how I…” He leaned in to nip at her earlobe “Have fun?”
She gulped. “Um… what do you mean, ‘see’?”
“I can show you. If you think you’re ready.” He moved his forehead to rest it back against hers.

Buffy bit her lower lip and Spike had to repress a groan. Between that damn lip of hers and the way she was pressed right up against him, he was struggling for control. He really hoped she would say she was ready for him. He wanted her to be a part of his world, to love it like he did. He knew she would, she just had to give it a chance- Suddenly, Buffy looked up and locked eyes with him.
“Show me.”

It was a harsh whisper. He barely heard it, but when he did, he did what he had wanted to do ever since he’d first laid eyes on her. His mouth met hers in a fierce and sudden move. He kissed her with a burning ardor. He nibbled that notorious lower lip and prayed she wouldn’t stop him.

Buffy’s eyes widened at first, but soon she let herself fall into the magic that was Spike’s lips.

Spike moaned, pulling her in tighter and closer when she returned the kiss. She tasted sweet and heavenly; her lips were soft and coated in a strawberry balm that made his mouth water.

They kissed in between pulsating bodies, with the smell of alcohol, sweat, and summer air wafting around them. There was a breeze which failed to cool their slick skin. Their lips tangled with each others. They nipped and teased. When Spike slid his tongue gently over her bottom lip asking for entrance, Buffy’s lips parted and the pair deepened the kiss.

Her arms swung around his neck and pulled him down to her even further. Spike lifted her off of her feet, pulling her as close as humanly possible to his body. His arms were wrapped around her tiny frame in a strong hold. When they finally parted for air, their gazes locked and stayed that way until someone bumped into them causing Spike to drop Buffy back to standing on the floor.

Spike swallowed and looked down at the golden girl in front of him. “Wanna sit down?” He spoke breathlessly.

Buffy simply nodded, not quite able to speak yet. She allowed herself to be pulled to a nearby bench, safely secluded behind a few large trees.

When Buffy sat, Spike stood before her holding her hand in his. She had no idea just how badly he wanted to keep holding her hand. He never wanted to let go.

She looked up at him.

He bent down to kiss her tenderly on the lips, and then on the back of her hand. The leather clad teen gazed- yes, GAZED –into her glimmering eyes. He pushed a strand of hair away from her face and behind her ear, softly caressing her cheek as he pulled his touch away. “I’ll see you tomorrow, love. Thanks for the dance.”

Spike winked at Buffy and walked away, duster flowing in the wind.

The blonde girl put a hand to her mouth and lightly touched her lips. “Whoa…”
End Notes:
I offer fast posting, HUGE thanks yous, and whipped cream covered Spike's for all those that read and review! :D I love you all and I also love to know what your guys' thoughts are, so don't be shy! Have a good one everybody, hope you enjoyed!!
Chapter 9 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Okay, I know I promised fast posting and I'm SUPER sorry that this one took a while but here it is! I hope you enjoy this chappie :) Thank you all so much 4 the reviews!!! *HUGS* Unfortunately, future posts are going to be coming slower and slower (Especially after chapt. 14 is out because I've only written that far) You see, I don't have regular schooling (it's complicated) and my workload is going to be getting super heavy for a while and it's gonna get in the way :( But i promise to try my hardest to get this story out! I WILL NOT LEAVE THIS UNFINISHED! And with that, here's #9! :)
Buffy awoke the next day with a smile on her face. She turned on her side and picked up the clock on her nightstand. Eight in the morning? She thought she would have slept longer. She didn’t get home from the carnival last night until two AM. Anya and Xander had stayed and hung out with her the rest of the evening, and Buffy had had a great time, but why then hadn’t she slept more than six hours? She should be tired, but the truth was, she was feeling... excited?

She replayed last night in her head.

After Spike had left the carnival, Buffy didn’t know what had hit her. That kiss had been nothing short of freaking spectacular! She had felt an instant connection when their lips touched, like two magnets being pulled to one another. God, she’d felt like she was flying! She had tried desperately to control her breathing to no avail, and it took her ten minutes to calm down enough to finally go and find Xander and Anya.

All night she still couldn’t get Spike out of her head. She’d spent half an hour gushing about him to her friends until Anya and Xander got tired of it and dragged her back to the dance floor to shut her up. The rest of the night she refused to dance with any other boys and instead stood for dancing with a few of her female classmates.

Buffy got a dreamy smile on her face when she thought about that kiss for the umpteenth time. The way he touched her hair and caressed her skin, the way his lips meeting hers set off a thousand fireworks. The way she got butterflies when she thought about it, the way she blushed profusely just remembering how he’d made her hot. The way his tongue played with hers. The way he held her body close and lifted her off her feet like he never wanted to let her go. Then, when he walked her over to the bench and kissed her again, and showed her hand the same attention. When he stepped away and said-

Buffy flung the blankets off the bed and ran into the bathroom. He had said he was going to stop by today, and she had no idea as to what time! Crap! Crap! Crap!

Buffy stopped abruptly in front of the mirror and took a deep breath.
He’s not going to run over here at eight in the morning, Buffy. Chill out, she told herself.

She didn’t have to act like a crazy person. She could relax, take a shower, eat breakfast… relax some more… Oh who was she kidding! She was going to be a nervous wreck until he showed up. Wait, was he even planning on coming over or was he just saying it like, “Oh maybe I’ll see you around.” Oh God, she was going to be a basket case today.

Buffy stared at her reflection in the mirror for a minute. She silently thanked whatever higher power she should be thanking that the bump on her jaw had gone down and was now just a bruise, one that she felt she’d be able to cover with some stage makeup she had. She was also incredibly thankful that her mother had gone home before her last night and didn’t get to see the injury in good lighting.

Suddenly, a smile crossed Buffy’s lips as she remembered who had saved her the night before from her ex. God, she hoped her knight in black leather would stop by today.

Buffy grabbed her toothbrush.
Spike said he was going to show her HIS world. She smiled once again. She had a feeling his world would be fun…

***

Spike awoke the next day around noon. He had spent hours the night before thinking about Buffy. When he’d gotten home, he went to his room and did whatever he could think of to distract himself from thoughts of her.

He’d failed.

That kiss had been bloody incredible, better than he’d imagined it. He’d felt an instant connection the second their lips touched. It was like they were the only two people in the entire world. He’d planned on getting to know this girl and slowly introducing her to a world he just knew she’d love, and he was going to stick to that plan. Hell, it had taken him everything he had not to stay there with her and kiss her all soddin night. He had almost regretted kissing her; thinking maybe it had been too fast of a move. But then he remembered her inability to speak after it and decided it was the right thing to do. Besides, in the moment, he had wanted- NEEDED -nothing more than to taste her.

Spike sat up in bed, he had told Buffy he would see her today, and he had every intention of doing so. She might be surprised, though, considering he wasn’t going to just stop by and say hello. Oh no, he had to plan this out. He had to think outside the box. Buffy was a delicate girl, one who Spike really wanted to get to know and introduce to less… delicate things.

He liked her. He didn’t know her too well but he knew how he felt around her, the way she smiled made his pulse race. Sure, Spike knew he was in trouble, but he didn’t care anymore about that threat. He wanted to break through Buffy’s precious little bubble. He wanted to save her from her dull, Little House on the Prairie lifestyle. She deserved more, and he knew she would undoubtedly love what he had in store.

A slow smirk spread over Spike’s lips. He’d stop by Buffy’s after he’d gone out with the gang. Sure, it’d be really late, but that was the point. It may be juvenile, but just the thought of climbing in through Buffy’s window late at night made Spike almost giddy.

The teen stood from his bed and went to take a shower, smirk still in place. This whole thing with Miss Summers was going to be fun. He let warm water cascade down his face as he further perfected his plan.

***

Buffy had spent hours distracting herself from thoughts of the boy she’d lip locked with the night before. Thinking about him wouldn’t make waiting any easier. If he even planned on stopping by…

Buffy still wasn’t sure.

She entered the kitchen to find a flushed Dawn gulping down a bottle of water faster than Buffy thought any human ever could.

“What’s wrong with you?” Buffy half laughed when she asked the question.

Dawn slammed the water bottle down on the counter. “I just got kissed.” She exhaled sharply. Her mind, when it finally chose to let thought process become possible once again, realized that maybe blurting this out to her older sister wasn’t the wisest choice… based on Buffy’s wide eyed, stiff expression.
“What?!”

Dawn blinked hard. “I got-”

“I heard you! But- What- When did this-” Buffy suddenly got this helpless, frustrated look on her face. “Dawn! I mean- Who?!” She screeched.
“It was TJ.”
“Terrance kissed you?!”

Dawn cringed at the name and swallowed hard. She unknowingly turned beet red and just startled rambling. Her mind wasn’t exactly in the best shape at the moment. “I was with him and we were gonna get ice cream and on the way he told me he liked me and I said I liked him too, because I do! You know I’ve liked him for, like, ever! And then he just took my hand and we walked some more and then he didn’t talk at all so I was really nervous and when I went to ask him why he wasn’t talking he kissed me before I could even get out the rest of my sentence, and then he pulled away and I ran home before he could speak. I think he called after me, but I just kept going and I don’t know what to do now and-”
Dawn was cut off by Buffy’s hand over her mouth. She really had no idea that she was babbling a mile a minute and causing her older sister to freak out to the point of sweating.

“Dawn.” Buffy spoke in a calm, stern voice. “Breathe.”

Dawn nodded without blinking, staring at her sister with pleading eyes. Buffy removed her hand and waited for Dawn to take the breath she knew her sibling needed.


“Okay. Now even though you were talking like Porky the Pig, I think I heard what you said. So,” It was Buffy’s turn to take a deep breath. “TJ said he liked you and then… he kissed you?”
Dawn could only nod.

“Okay.” Buffy was finally able to wrap her head around the fact that her younger sister had just received her first kiss, and she spoke much calmer than she had a minute ago. “You like him right?”
"Yes."
“You’re sure?”
Dawn just looked at Buffy with her, “Are you an idiot?” stare.
Buffy held up her hands as if Dawn had pointed a gun at her. “Okay, well you ran away from him so I was just checkin.”

Dawn bowed her head, embarrassed.
“Look. You’re twelve, almost thirteen, and yeah, this whole you kissing boys thing kinda gives me the wiggins but… It’s not totally unexpected. I mean, this WAS your first kiss and- Wait. This was your first kiss right?”
“Yeah.”
Buffy sighed in relief. “Okay good. Now it’s my cue to play the big sister role here.” Buffy lifted her sister’s chin to meet her eyes. “I know you’re a little freaked out. Your first kiss is always a pretty big deal. But I can promise you that, right now, TJ has gotta be WAY more freaked out than you are.”

Dawn’s eyes bugged.

“C’mon. You just kissed the girl you like and she runs away from you without saying a word? You can’t argue that he’s gotta be really scared right about now.”

Dawn frowned. “I guess you’re right…”
“You ‘guess’ I’m right? Dawn, how do you feel about the kiss now that you’re not acting like mom the time she decided to host a wedding last minute at the gallery?”
Dawn giggled. She replayed the kiss back in her mind and smiled. “It was amazing.”
Buffy cringed at her sister’s cheesiness. “Okay, um, gag.”
Dawn rolled her eyes.
“Look, you go find TJ and tell him you like him again, then you apologize for running away, then, just talk to him like normal, okay? Relax. He’s still just TJ.”
Dawn smiled a little brighter at the thought of seeing her friend again. “Okay. Thanks Buffy!” She hugged her sister tightly.

Buffy laughed and hugged back. “You’re welcome dork. I know the feeling after you first get kissed. It’s kind of nerve racking, along with pretty amazing.”
Dawn looked at her sister. “How old were you when you first-”
“I was eleven.”
“Who?”
“You remember Jimmy?”
Dawn cringed. “Ew! Jimmy WALTON?!”
“Hey! You just kissed TERRANCE!”
“It’s TJ.” Dawn hissed.
“Well still, don’t judge, Jimmy was cute and sweet.”
“So’s TJ!”
“Well then go find him and tell him you don’t hate him! He probly thinks ya do, boys are dumb like that. Now go!”

Dawn was about to leave when she turned around once more, her hand stilled on the doorknob. “Buffy?”
“Yeah?”
“Is it always like that?”
“What?”
“Kissing… is it always… Does it always make you feel like… like-”
“You’re stomach’s gonna jump out of your body and let loose a thousand butterflies?”
Dawn nodded. “Yeah.”

“With the right person, yeah…” Buffy smiled to herself as she recalled a certain bleached teen with pouty lips and cheek bones that should REALLY be illegal. “It does.”
“Cool.” With that, Dawn ran out the back door in search of her heartthrob.

Buffy smiled wider at her younger sibling’s eagerness. Your first crush was always a doozey.

Then, Buffy realized why Dawn might have asked that last question… Suddenly her stomach tightened and she smacked herself on the forehead. The blonde cringed at the thought of her twelve year old sister jumping TJ and kissing the boy repetitively, but at the same time… She was happy for Dawn. It was a weird and confusing feeling she really didn’t want to examine. So she let her mind wander to happier thoughts...

She found herself replaying the kiss with Spike over and over again in her head. A wide grin grew over her face.

Buffy walked to the fridge and quickly grabbed a nice cold bottle of water.

***

Spike leaned against the hood of a blue Mitsubishi as he watched the current race between Gunn and his girlfriend, Anne. He cheered along with the rest of the gang, a can of Red Bull in his left hand.

Gunn and Anne, whenever they raced, no other drivers were allowed in the contest. Spike, along with the rest of the group, found the little competition between the two lovers incredibly amusing; along with never ending. Anne always beat Gunn, and Gunn always found a way to beat Anne. They had kept score now for almost a year, and it was at a tie.

As Spike watched Anne speed through her last lap and cross the painted finish line, he smiled to himself and shook his head. Gunn had already lost once and that meant he’d have to race his girlfriend another time to at least get in one win before the night was over.

When Anne screeched her tires while spinning her car in circles to signify her victory, Gunn pulled over in his Viper and slammed the door shut. Spike knew his friend was pissed off at the loss, but he’d also come to realize that Gunn could never stay mad at Anne for too long, and vice versa. The couple had their little competition, but they never left the race track angry. Hell, they hardly fought at all.

“Okay Anne, we get it! You won, that’s enough already!” Gunn shouted to his girlfriend who was engrossed in a victory lap.

Anne looked out her window at her boyfriend and smiled. She couldn’t hear him but she just knew he was screaming.

With another screech of rubber against pavement, Anne pulled up right next to an unmoving Gunn. She stuck her long black booted leg out from her Corvette and emerged with a victorious smile on her face.

“Don’t say anything, Annie.”
Anne shook her head and smiled. “Twice, baby. Twice.”
“I WILL beat you later tonight, mark my words.”

“Mhm.” Anne walked off with a smirk and swayed her hips as she sauntered over to the crowd, all the while just KNOWING Gunn was checking out her ass. He wouldn’t be mad in a couple of minutes or so.

Anne shared a few high fives with her friends before handing the keys to her car over to Spike. “Here ya go, she’s all yours.”

“Thanks, pet. You weren’t bad out there.”
“Am I ever?” She asked, cocky smile still in place.
Spike chuckled. “No. That you aren’t. Let’s hope it’s got somethin to do with the car.”
“Don’t worry, you’ll get the bike. You wouldn’t have hitched a ride with Gunn to get here if you weren’t sure you were gonna win. I mean, c’mon, you haven’t lost a race yet.”
“Hope you’re right, love.” He bowed his head.
“Always am.”

Spike walked up to the still warm Corvette as he awaited his opponent’s arrival.

The sounds of the music and the restless gang of people behind him were muted by his thoughts. It was true. He had taken a ride from Gunn tonight. Spike had a race coming up to win a motorcycle. The instant he had seen the bike he’d fallen in love with it and so he challenged the owner. Fortunately Wesley had quickly agreed to the challenge, but should Spike lose, he would have to cough up five hundred bucks in return. Spike really didn’t want to do that, and he really wanted that bike. In a moment of pure cockiness he had asked Gunn for a ride to the circle, just positive he was going to win and wouldn’t need his car to get home, but now Spike felt a little unsure. He had seen Wesley race, and sure, the college man was great; but Spike knew who was better. And normally the teenager wouldn’t be nervous about a race he was sure he could win. The only thing that had Spike worried was that he couldn’t focus all too well tonight…

He had Buffy on the brain.

Still.

It was getting right irritating.

All damn day he had thought about her, unable to stop smiling like a git at the memory of their heated kiss the night before. Plus the thought of seeing her again, probably way too late for her to actually even be up, made his heart quicken. He was just so damn excited about getting her to indulge in his world he wanted to start right away.

Plus he liked her.

More than he should.

Spike’s musings were interrupted by a pat on his shoulder.

“Hello, Spike.” Wesley spoke calmly.
“Hey there, Wes. You ready for this?”
“I am. Just making sure you were.”
“Always, mate.”
“I suppose.”
He smirked. “Right, then…” Spike turned to open the door of Anne’s ride and sat down inside. “Let’s move.”
Wesley nodded and headed for his Chrysler.

Spike started the vehicle, taking notice that Anne did in fact have a nitro trigger. He wasn’t even sure he’d need it, but still, always handy. He pulled the car into place, alongside Wesley’s, just waiting for his opponent’s girlfriend to walk up in front and wave that flag.

Spike ogled the pretty brunette as she strutted over to the front of the cars in a short white skirt, spiky black heels, and a fitted, one sleeved black top. Her loosely curled locks surrounded her neck as she whipped around and threw a bright green flag above her head.

Fred listened to the men revving their engines and smiled genuinely, she loved starting a race, almost as much as she did participating in one. The youthful beauty winked at her boyfriend and pointed to both drivers, tapped her foot three times, and pulled the flag down in an abrupt move. Not so much as flinching when the two cars sped off, almost brushing her.

The crowd started hollering, muffling the loud music in the background.

***

Buffy lay on the couch dozing. She had stayed home all day...

She would need to stay close in case Dawn had anymore boy emergencies later in the day, right? Unfortunately, she had to stop using that excuse once Joyce came home. Her mother was very capable of handling boy issues. Of course, Buffy wasn’t about to whine about HER smirking, bleached blonde problem anytime soon.

Joyce walked in and turned off the TV, and then nudged Buffy awake. “Honey? It’s almost one, don’t you wanna get to bed?”
“Hmm?” Buffy rolled over to face her mother.
“You’re on the couch, go get some sleep.”
“I thought that’s what I was doing?” Buffy spoke hoarsely.
“Why don’t you sleep in your bed? I’ll help you up there, kay?”
“Hmm... Comfy.” Buffy turned over and faced the back of the couch again.
“Buffy, your bed’s more comfy. C’mon, let’s get you to your room, okay?”

Buffy let out a long sigh before reluctantly getting up off the couch, and heading for the staircase. She trudged up the stairs, making every step heavy and loud. She finally stopped her melodramatic protest when her mother shushed her. Buffy found her way to her bedroom and quickly changed into a nightgown before silencing her phone and getting under the covers. She didn’t bother brushing her teeth or taking off her makeup, she was just too tired. She would do that stuff in the morning.

Fortunately, she was also too tired to think about Spike. Those thoughts would keep her awake for sure. Her mind quickly drifted off into a peaceful oblivion, the feel of the night air on her skin from the open window nothing but calming.

***

It was close to 4:30 in the morning when Spike finally sped off on his new motorcycle and headed back to Moon Stream. He’d beaten Wesley, but there were no hard feelings; there never were with these people.

Before actually leaving the racing circle, Spike had made yet another bet. But this one had nothing to do with racing cars.

A couple of his friends had mentioned him never having a girl on his arm when he came to race, unlike all the other guys. There was only one other bloke at the circle who often arrived single, Daniel Osbourne, AKA Oz. But no one ever questioned Oz’s relationship status, because well, he was... Oz.

But Spike’s friends didn’t know why HE was single all the time. Sure, there were available girls at the track, but Spike had his eye on just one girl at the mo’; a certain blonde who he was planning on seeing later. Of course, his friends didn’t know any of this, so Spike told them about his whole little idea.

When his pals heard his plan, some practically died laughing, which only succeeded in pissing Spike off. He still heard their words ringing in his ears:

“You’re gonna get a little miss, ‘I’m wearing white on my wedding day’, to come to the circle! Sorry buddy, but if this chick’s as ‘innocent’ as you say she is there is no way you’re gonna get her to come here.” Faith had spoken honestly, as usual.
“Yeah, sorry man, but she’ll never go for a guy like you.” Gunn may as well have punched Spike in the gut, it felt like it when he’d spoken those words.

Fred and Wesley were actually on Spike’s side, along with Anne. Faith, ironically, was not. Gunn and Cordelia were also both, very doubtful. Oz had remained neutral.

Spike was more determined than ever to succeed after speaking with his pals, and that’s when the gambling started.

The bet was: Spike would have to get Buffy, as his girlfriend, to come to the circle with him in two weeks. His friends were split down the middle, not including Oz, who wasn’t betting. But he was just simply being Oz.

Spike had two hundred dollars lying on his success, and really wanted to win. Besides, Buffy being his girlfriend was definitely not a bad thing. Not anymore anyway. He already threw out the notion of ignoring her. He liked her and that was that. His heart would just have to be brave.

Gunn had promised a bunch of auto parts he’d swiped as his fee instead of cash. The other betters had gladly accepted this substitute, for auto parts were just as good as money to this group. As a matter of fact, Gunn had one specific part Spike actually really wanted, so he was more than willing to take this substitute. Everyone else was using good old fashioned cash, though.

Spike pulled up to his garage and rolled his new prize inside. He quickly and quietly entered the house to use the loo before sneaking over to Buffy’s place for a late night hello.
End Notes:
Sooo? Did you like it? Huh? D'ya like it? What did you think of the Dawn kissage?! OH, and I really hope I painted the racing circle well, I watched a lot of racing movies just to get a good idea in my head of what to write. (I liked the atmosphere I created but what did you guys think?) Review please :D!
Chapter 10 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
OKAY so I was really happy about this chapter when I was reviewing it AND I know I had promised quicker postings ( + the future ones will be posted a lot slower) so posting these last two within the same four hours is my apology gift :) Hope you like this one!
Spike approached Buffy’s house like a cat. The summer night air was creating a cooling breeze as he headed toward the backyard. He knew her bedroom window was located at the back of the house, for he had checked earlier in the day.

Spike had watched her through the window, he watched her brush her hair and dance around to some over cheery pop song. He watched her apply lip gloss and talk on the telephone. The moment Buffy had picked up the call, Spike had gotten as close as possible just to listen for a name. To his relief, the caller had held the name of Willow, and Spike knew no guy could hold such a name.

The entire time Spike had watched her, he was fixed. He didn’t even move when she turned around and looked out the window, he knew she felt his eyes on her. That was when she left her room and Spike went back home. He knew he was mimicking a stalker, but once he had his eyes fixed on her he couldn’t remove his sight.

It took everything he had not to go to her right then and there. But he had a plan he needed to stick to, which he had every intention of doing, so he went back home and waited until later.

Now, as he climbed up the trellis to Buffy’s bedroom, his face held a smile. The moment Spike reached her open window though, his face took on an expression akin to awe. He looked in and caught the sight of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Buffy lie facing him, her mouth slightly parted, her breathing even. Her eyelids fluttered as she lay still and peaceful, with her hands tucked under her head. The blanket she lay beneath was only up to her waist and Spike felt a need to pull it up to her chin. He didn’t dare though, for he didn’t want to disturb her. She looked so peaceful. He didn’t want to ruin the gorgeous image before him. He moved inside and stood at the foot of her bed drinking her in, savoring this picture. The moonlight danced over her form, and her upper torso was covered in a thin pink satin. The sweetheart neckline left little to the imagination and he could see the outline of her nipples through the fabric. The cool summer breeze gently tickled the hair around her face, and Spike gulped when she took a deep breath and let out a long relaxed moan.

He stood there gazing at her for a few minutes before she started to stir. He was shook out of his trance and approached her. He knelt down in front of Buffy and smiled when she twitched her nose like a rabbit. She was just so fucking cute. He gently tucked a strand of golden hair behind her ear and couldn’t resist...

Spike’s lips brushed Buffy’s in a gentle embrace.

*“Hello, Buffy.”
“Spike, what’re you doing here?”
“I needed to see you. I couldn’t stay away. I missed you.”
“You missed me?”
“More than I should’ve.”
She smiled. “You did?”
“Very much. I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I’ve wanted nothing more all day than to…”
“To what?”
“… Are you sure you wanna know?”
“Yes.”
Spike grabbed Buffy quicker than she could blink and pulled her body flush against his. He leaned down and his soft lips met hers in an embrace so gentle she felt a chill go up and down her spine. Then-*

Buffy slowly started to rouse at the feel of something- no not something, lips, REAL lips- gently pressed against hers. She began to return the kiss before her mind could register that she was, in fact, awake. Buffy felt feather light caresses on her bare shoulder and then, her eyes snapped open.

The sight before her caused Buffy to reach complete consciousness instantly. Spike lips! Lips of Spike! She jumped away and stared at the bleached boy.

“What the…” She spoke breathlessly, but the tone in her voice still clearly conveyed her surprise.
“Evenin’, love.” Spike smirked at the flushed girl before him.

“What-” Buffy was breathing erratically. It was safe to say she was wigging out. She swallowed hard. “What are you-” She stopped herself to look around and make 100% sure that she was really no longer asleep. She turned back to Spike and lowered her voice when she realized it was dark outside. Her sister and mom were probably still sleeping. “What are you doing here?!”

“Was in the neighborhood. Thought I’d stop by.” He spoke with a cheeky grin on his face.
“You- You live three doors down! You’re always in the neighborhood!”
Cheeky grin went buh-bye. “Relax, love. I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Sta- Startle? You didn’t mean to STARTLE me?! Try more like scare the shit outta me!”

He smiled a little in surprise at her sudden sailor mouth. “Well, I didn’t mean to do that either. M’sorry.”
“Well, you usually end up doing that when you break into somebody’s house! How’d you get in here anyway?!”

Spike turned and looked at his entryway. “Uh, window.” He turned back to her and pointed over his shoulder at said window.

“Why on Earth-”
He cut her off. “Wanted to surprise you was all.”

“You couldn’t have stopped by during, say, oh, I don’t know… THE DAY?!”
Buffy’s shock was now replaced with irritation. He had really scared her; and not in the fun horror movie, popcorn flying kind of way. He scared her in the, you’re being held hostage by a psychopath and need the police to show up before he kills you kind of way.

“I’m sorry, pidge.” Spike stood up and then sat on the edge of the bed.
Buffy pulled the sheets over her chest when she noticed he was leering.
Spike rolled his eyes. “Don’ be mad.”
“Why not?”
“Because this isn’t a big deal, and I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Okay, well next time, I’ll sneak through your window in the middle of the night and kiss you. See how you like MY total disregard for YOUR privacy.” Buffy saw him smile. He actually liked the sound of that plan. Damn it.

“Leave.”
“Why?”
“Did you REALLY just ask me ‘why’?”
“Can’t give me an answer, pet?”
“I’m telling you to, there’s your answer. Now get out!”
“You’re cute when you’re angry, ya know that?”
“Spike!”
“Oh don’t get your knickers in a twist, I was just sayin hello. What’s the- Hey- Buffy… put the clock down.”

Buffy raised her alarm clock and aimed it at her bleached target. “Spike, I WILL throw it.”
“Oh c’mon now! I don’t wanna fight with you, Summers. Come to think of it what we were doin a minute ago was much more fun.”

Shit. He was doing that thing with his tongue, why’d he have to do that?

“Spike…”
“Will you relax, lamb? I don’ bite… hard.” He risked scooting closer to her.

She frowned.

Well look at this little cocky ass- Oh no, not the head tilt. And the smirk- Oh crap, I’m in trouble. Stop Buffy! You’re angry not… aroused? No! You are pissed NOT turned on.

Wait… Was she both?

How the HELL did those two go hand in hand?!

She raised the clock again in warning.
“C’mon kitten, put the claws away…” He edged even closer to her.

He just HAD to call her “kitten” didn’t he? Buffy felt her resolve slipping.

Spike slowly removed the clock from her descending hand and set it back on her bedside table. He could tell she liked this. Whether she would admit it or not, she was energized every time he scooted closer to her, he could feel it. And this late night visit, oh she was pissed but he also knew she was excited by it. Her breathing started coming in shorter pants and Spike’s heart started ramming against his chest.

God, he was just too attractive for his own good. She wanted him. Buffy was mad and yet, she still wanted his lips touching hers. Spike was being cocky, arrogant, and he’d snuck into her bedroom without permission and, God help her, she still wanted him. She needed him more and more with every inch closer he got.

Before either of them knew what was happening, Buffy lunged forward and grabbed Spike by the lapels of his duster, kissing him fiercely.

She had never done something like this before, had never taken control when it came to boys. She had never felt such a strong need to touch before, to have someone touching her. Her lips demanded he recognize this feral need and quench the foreign thirst. Buffy mewled at the back of her throat when Spike fiercely returned the kiss.

Spike didn’t know what had happened when her lips attacked his mouth, but as soon as his brain caught up, he returned the kiss with fervor. Christ, this girl was going to kill him. And now more than ever, he knew there was a crazy part of her that needed unveiling. And he’d be damned if he wasn’t going to be the one to unleash it.

He pushed her back against the metal headboard and his hands suddenly had minds of their own.

Buffy felt his hands pushing her nightgown up to bunch around her waist.

Spike’s hips met hers as he trapped her between himself and the headboard without losing contact with her hot mouth.

Buffy’s arms found their way around his neck and she pulled him even closer, their tongues dueling in a fiery battle beneath their lips. She instinctively began grinding against him and her legs bent at the knees as she felt him respond.

Spike groaned when Buffy started rolling her hips against his. The friction between his legs causing every nerve ending he possessed to tremor. His hands gripped her tiny waist, pulling her even tighter against him.

Their mouths parted for only a second to catch their breath, but Spike needed more contact. He couldn’t stop touching her. He began trailing wet open mouthed kisses down her neck and throat. He could feel the movement beneath her skin as she swallowed and gasped. “God, so sweet. My fiery girl.” He murmured in between kisses.

Buffy whimpered at his words and started thrusting her hips more determinedly, needing more. Her fingers moved to his bleached, slicked back hair as she felt him sucking shamelessly on a single spot on her neck.

Spike needed to mark her, needed to let everyone in the world know she was taken. Forget his plan of finding her hidden bad girl and the bet he’d made with his friends; his mind was focused on nothing else but claiming Buffy. He didn’t want anyone else to have her. He wanted- NEEDED -her to be his. A strange possessiveness he hadn’t felt since he’d been with Dru was taking him over. He was completely gone, any and all restraint he had felt for getting close to Buffy was completely shattered now. He was buried in want of this girl and he knew it. He knew it with every thrust of his hips and every growl that erupted from his chest. She was beautiful, stubborn, and adorable. Innocent yet dangerous, along with short tempered and frustrating. She was shining, passionate, and sweet. She was simply… INCREDIBLE. He thought he liked her before, but now, he was truly buggered. And he knew it and he didn’t give a damn. Her body sang a siren’s song, and he couldn’t help but jump into roaring waters.

Buffy was letting out numerous breathy gasps as she felt him sucking her flesh, leaving what she knew would turn out to be one hell of a hickey. She whimpered when he bit her. Surprisingly, the little mix of pain and pleasure was oh so exciting. God, this man was going to be the death of her. Oh, but what a way to go! Her hips began moving even faster and the pleasure rose within her. What was this guy doing to her? She felt as if she was under a spell. She had never been so completely under the influence before. She was a slave to her own desires and his demands. This man was kind, loving, sexual; and SO, SO gorgeous. He was confident and cocky as all hell. Along with stubborn, passionate, short tempered, and obviously trouble. She could get completely lost in him, he was amazing and she was enthralled. She knew it and she didn’t give a tiny rat’s ass.

Buffy felt the heat rising throughout her body, the tickle and promise of something amazing about to happen. She felt her breathing becoming even more labored and her body start to tense.

“Spike…” His name came out of her mouth in an ecstasy filled, high whisper. Buffy didn’t even realize she’d spoken.

She was startled when he finally left the crook of her neck to maul her lips once again. She moaned into his mouth and smiled without really knowing it. She was in heaven with a sinful sensation stirring her body.

Spike thought he had died and gone to paradise. He kissed her like his life depended on it. He met her thrust for thrust, his jeans becoming increasingly tight. He could tell she was close, and he wanted this to be one of the new things he showed her, one of the things only HE got to show her.

Suddenly a thought came to his mind that disturbed him greatly. He knew Buffy was a virgin, she just had to be, but there were other ways of getting off. Had some other bloke gotten her to feel this kind of pleasure before? Had someone else gotten to feel the heat of her skin and see the lust in her eyes? He wasn’t sure, he figured- and hoped -not, but still, the idea made his blood boil and a new wave of possessiveness washed over him.

Spike broke apart from her lips to rest his forehead against hers as they both gasped for air, their hips moving with new urgency. His right hand flattened against the bed as his other arm banded around her waist, his grip tightening. He stared into her darkened eyes, all the while thinking only two words in his head: You’re mine.

He fought for control, he couldn’t burst from this; he’d kill himself if he did. But God, Buffy was making it hard. His hand left the curve of her waist to travel underneath her nightgown and play with her breast.

When he touched her bare chest and bore into her eyes with his fiery blue ones, she felt she might scream from the intensity of everything. Her hands flew to his arms and she held them in an iron grip, worried that if she didn’t she might lose herself and melt away. Buffy leaned in and traced his lips with her tongue. She smiled when a growl erupted from the owner of said lips.

Spike literally almost exploded when her pink tongue touched his mouth. He pulled away just as she was about to kiss him again, ignoring her moan of protest, and bore into her eyes with purpose. He would make sure she enjoyed this. He would make sure she felt pleasure like never before. He tweaked one of her nipples, eliciting a gasp from her lips. He used his right arm to wrap around her waist and pull her as close as physically possible, while still thrusting his pelvis into hers.

Her forehead came to rest against his again. He was doing the most amazing things to her and she felt like she was going to burst any second. “Come on, baby.” Spike whispered.

That did it.

Buffy shuddered at the sound of his rough and demanding voice. Her breath came out in short little gasps, shivers running through her entire body as an icy heat engulfed her. She was aware of absolutely nothing except Spike and the pleasure. A silent cry escaped her lips as she came.

She felt aftershocks pulsating through her body. She ground against Spike just a few more times, until there was nothing left but a feeling of calm so welcomed she felt she might fall asleep right there.

Spike felt a swell of manly pride wash over him as he stared into her glassy eyes. He was completely overjoyed at the sight of her. Her cheeks flushed, her eyes unfocussed, and sweat glistening at her hairline. He had to force himself not to throw her on the bed and ravage her. She wasn’t ready for sex yet, he knew that. And he respected it.

Right at that moment, Spike realized he would wait forever for Buffy if she asked him to.

When Buffy finally got her breathing in check, she swallowed hard. “Oh my God.”

Spike smirked as he pulled them back to a sitting position.

Buffy was content in his embrace, his arms banded around her waist as held her on his lap.

“You okay, pet?”
“Yeah. Um… that was… no one’s ever…” She exhaled. “My legs feel all Jello-y.”
Spike chuckled at that. “So, you’ve never gotten off before, then?”
Buffy blushed and looked like a deer caught in headlights. “Um… I have, but…”She looked to the bed, focusing on a nonexistent piece of fuzz.

Spike’s eyes widened as jealousy slowly began to take its hold. But then he realized something, and a smirk graced his lips. Buffy was obviously not about to say the words out loud, though. So he did it for her. “Oh I see… That’s the first time you’ve ever gotten off with HELP before. Is that it?”

Buffy hit him on the arm.
Spike held her tighter and grinned. “Hey! What was that for?”
Buffy scowled and looked him dead in the eyes. “I’m not very… experienced, okay?”

Spike could tell she was embarrassed. He thought it was dumb considering her virtue made her all the more endearing, and he wanted desperately to make that look in her eyes vanish forever. She was adorable but it hurt him to see her thinking he was going to judge her for something like this.

He traced a finger underneath her chin. “Pet, do you understand how the fact no one else has gotten to touch you like this makes me feel?”
“Like you picked the wrong ‘pet’?”

Spike frowned then and kissed her hard. He needed to make her see, know, and understand how he was feeling about her.

When they separated, Spike was still frowning as he looked into her foggy gaze. “It makes me feel bloody incredible, Buffy.”
She took a deep breath then blinked and puckered her brow. The girl tilted her head, looking at him questioningly. “How come?”

It was such an innocent and simple question. She really didn’t get it. “How- You’ve got to be joking-” Spike looked into Buffy’s eyes and saw both curiosity and insecurity. He shook his head and blinked. “Bloody hell. Well, for starters, let’s just say that the thought of another bloke kissin you makes me wanna punch something.” More accurately, the git who you’re kissin that ain’t me, Spike thought.

Buffy felt his words warm her heart, even though he spoke them as if he was annoyed with her. She could also tell that he meant them. Not like when Parker told her she was his everything and if another guy touched her he’d kick the crap out of him. Oh no, Spike meant what he was saying. Just the look in his eyes… Suddenly, all her shyness evaporated and she leaned in to kiss him tenderly.

Spike relaxed when she kissed him again, her palm splayed against his cheek. This time it was sweet and it wasn’t rushed. He pulled her closer and brushed the hair away from her face.

They kissed until oxygen was very, very needed. Then both pulled away breathless.

“So? Did I do better than a solo act version of-”
Buffy knew what he was going to say and cut him off. “Yes.” She rolled her eyes.
He smirked. “Thought so.”
Her shyness returned. “Spike… what about you?”
“What?”
“Well… I got and… um, ahem, I er… well what about you, I mean… ya know.” She thumbed with the hem of his T-shirt and bit her bottom lip, blushing furiously.

After what they’d just done she was still blushing? Christ, she was adorable. And she wasn’t selfish either, a good thing to know.

“Don’t you worry about me, love. It was just as fun on this end.” He smiled.
“You can’t mean that.”
Her words were laced with doubt and it made his heart clench.

“Buffy…” Spike lifted her chin once more to meet her eyes. “Listen to me.” He spoke softly. “I’ve never wanted a woman more. What you just felt, believe me I enjoyed giving it to you.” He was telling the truth.

Buffy’s eyes lightened. “You mean that?”

“Better bloody believe it.” When he left he’d need to have a good wank, but he could wait. He wasn’t going to rush the girl.

Buffy smiled shyly and kissed him once more, it was just a peck but it sent both their pulses racing.

As Spike gazed into her beautifully darkened, green orbs, he was suddenly hit with an idea. It was something he knew she’d love. Whether she’d agree to it or not, he wasn’t sure, but he could try.

“I need a picture of you.”
Buffy blinked. “Huh?”
“A picture. I need one.”
“Uh… why?” She arched a brow.
“Ever heard of this place called Viper’s”

Buffy thought for a minute…

Then it hit her. Viper’s was a club off the highway, about half an hour away. It was located in a sketchy neighborhood. She’d only seen it when she drove with her mother out to the gallery once in a while. The club had three floors supposedly, including the basement, and looked rather big in her opinion. Given, she’d never seen another club except for Viper’s, and she’d also never been inside of one. She was a little afraid of where Spike was going with this…

“Um… yeah, I know the place. Why?”
Spike had a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Wanna go tomorrow?”
Buffy’s eyes went wide. She was a LOT afraid of this. “There?” She all but gulped. “Why?”

He smirked at her fearful expression. “Cuz it’ll be fun.”
“Fun? Can’t we just- Why do we…” She sighed. “Spike, why do we have to go there?”
“Oh c’mon, it’ll be fun. I promise.”
“I…” A light bulb went off in her head and she smiled slightly. “Wait! How will we get in? You have to be twenty one.”
Spike grinned. “That’s what I need the picture for. Fake ID, sweets.”
Buffy’s eyes widened again as she pulled away from Spike’s embrace. “Oh no! Nonononono!”

Spike looked at the obviously terrified girl. Her knuckles were turning as white as the sheets she was fisting to her chest. She was just too adorable. “Oh, relax pet. I got in a few days ago. They really didn’t even look at it.”

Buffy’s eyes widened even more, if that was possible. “Spike, I- I can’t! I- No. Just no!”
“What’re you afraid of?”
“Police, my mom, going to a club. I mean, I’ve never been to one and- and I don’t know what they’re like and I- I can’t go. Just nonononono!”
“What d’you think’s gonna happen, love?”
“Well, I- I don’t know! But that’s the problem! And I’ve heard about this place before. It’s sketchy.” She wrinkled her nose.

“It wasn’t too bad.”
He was telling the truth. It wasn’t that bad; a little crazy but not too bad. There weren’t a bunch of crack heads snorting God knows what in every corner of the place... Well, maybe a few. And maybe there were some half naked girls dancing in cages…

But still, the place really wasn’t that bad.

Buffy pouted. “Spike… I don’t think I wanna-”
“C’mon. Aren’t you up for something new?”
She bit her lip. “I’d rather just go to the movies of something.”
Spike thought for a moment…
“Alright. We can go to the movies than out to the club. Tomorrow, yeah?”
“No!”
“Why not? I thought-”
“Spike… You know I don’t want to-”
“Buffy. Listen to me. You don’t have to drink. I’ll be there with you the entire time and I won’t get drunk. We’ll just go and we’ll dance, it’ll be something new, something fun. Wadya say?”
Buffy was wavering a little bit. She couldn’t deny that she was curious. “Well… what’s it like?”
“You’ll find out if you come with me.”
Her bottom lip was getting raw now. “… What time?”

Spike smiled and scooted closer to her. He noticed her hands were no longer grasping the sheet and in a swift move, he removed the offending cloth and pulled her into his lap once again.

Buffy squealed. Then laughed and looked down into Spike’s smiling, sapphire blues; she was straddling his bent knees.

“I’ll pick you up at ten. That sound alright?”
Buffy thought for a minute… “Okay.”

Spike tackled her onto the bed and kissed her breathless. By the time they finally parted, both were gasping.

“We’ll have fun. I promise.”
Buffy smiled. With the way he was looking at her, she felt she could do anything. “I’m holding you to that.”
He brushed his lips quickly against hers. “I don’t break my promises, pidge.”
“Good.” She smiled and was content to stay where she was, lying beneath him. “So…”
“Yeah?”
“Why’d you stop by tonight again?”
“Oh… Well, I wanted to see you.”
“Couldn’t you’ve stopped by during the day like a normal person?”
“Yeah, but I thought this’d be more fun.”
“Playing Dracula?”
“He was a ponce.”

Buffy arched an eyebrow at him.

Spike shrugged. “Never liked his movies. Anyways, what I was tryna say was I missed you, Summers.”
Buffy let a small smile cross her lips. “You missed me?"

“I did.” Spike moved to sit up on the bed. Buffy followed his movements. “Next time, I’ll try and be less-”
“Cornball?” Buffy offered.
“Oi! I’m not a cornball.”
“I didn’t say you were. I just said your gesture was cornball.”

“… Was not.” Spike pouted.
“Was too.”
“Was not.”
“Was too!”
“Was not!”
“Was too!”
“Was too.”
“Was not! Wha- Hey! You did the flippy thing!”
“I don’t know what you’re on about, Summers.”
“You said ‘too’ when I was supposed to say ‘too’!”

“Nope. You’re hearin things.”

“I am not! You said- Ugh, forget it!” Buffy pouted again, and that lower lip was teasing Spike mercilessly.

“Okay, now that we’ve got that settled…” He leaned in to nibble on said tantalizing lip. “Where’s that picture?”
End Notes:
Okay, so how was the smidgen of smut I included??? I'm really nervous about it so please review :) I really hope you guys enjoyed this one! *smoochies*
Chapter 11 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
*WARNING: There is more protective Spike ahead. Read at the risk of cringing from cheesiness :D*
I love all of you guys and thanks SO much 4 the reviews!!! Hope you all like this chapter!!!
The next day, Buffy spent hours on the phone talking to Willow about everything that had happened since the carnival. The red head was extremely happy with the results of the new neighbor boy. She had always felt bad for Buffy when it came to dating. Her blonde friend could just never seem to get lucky.

After hours of girl chat, then an hour and a half of mom chat, and ten minutes of telling Dawn to mind her own business, Buffy was up in her room rummaging through her closet. Her cover story for where she was going tonight was Greg’s, the movies, and then probably just driving around for a bit. She hated lying but knew it was necessary.

Her mother had given her a curfew of two in the morning, considering her daughter never stayed out too late in the past, Joyce felt Buffy deserved this. Besides, she knew that the new boy needed friends. This would be very good for William, or Spike, whichever name he went by. Even though Joyce knew he was a bit of a handful, she trusted her daughter and really didn’t think William was too bad of a kid. Besides, Buffy was seventeen.

***

The seventeen year old ran about her room like a chicken with her head cut off. She had no idea what to wear. She couldn’t wear something too revealing or else her mom would know she wasn’t going to the movies. And she couldn’t where flip flops and jean shorts. That was so not club attire. Given, she really had no idea what club attire was! God, she was going nuts.

It was time to call Anya.

Buffy grabbed her cell and phoned her friend. She knew Anya would know what to do in this situation. Buffy had already told her she was going on a date with Spike. She just hadn’t gone into all of the details like she had with Willow.

After about three rings Anya answered.
“Hi Anya, it’s Buffy.”
“Hello. Why are you calling?”
“Um, I need some help…”
“Does this have to do with Spike?”
“Uh, yeah actually. How’d you know?”
“You almost broke one of my eardrums earlier today squealing like a banshee when you told me he asked you out, so I figure that your mind probably isn’t thinking about much else that doesn’t include the Q-Tip.”

“The ‘Q-Tip’?” A beat. “You’ve been discussing nicknames for him with Xander haven’t you?”
“… Maybe.”
“Well, little tip, that one blows.”
“Hey, I came up with that one!”
“Sorry. Anyways, I need help. I- I don’t know what to wear. I want to wear something… something less… me.”
“So you’re going for something sexy?”
“Hey!”
“Oh you’re not offended, so don’t pretend to be. Now, what’s the problem? Just wear something sexy if you want.”
“I can’t. My mom would–”
“Oh, I got it. Well, just do what I do when I’ve gotta get past my dad.”
“Which is?”
“Wear something sexy kinda within an outfit that looks normal. You know, like wearing a knee length skirt then folding the waistband a few times once you’re out of the house.”
“Huh, I never woulda thought of that.”
“I do it all the time. You can wear a tube top underneath a T-shirt and hide heels inside a big purse. It isn’t that hard.”
“Thanks, Ahn.”
“No problem. Now, go a have fun date! Don’t forget the condom!”
“Anya! I’m not going to have sex!”
“Why not?”
“Be- Because. I- I‘m not- Just- No! I’m not re- ready for that.”

*sigh* “Fine. But you’re missing out. Xander and I have already done it fourteen times. He gives me wonderful orgasms. I’m sure Spike would-”
“Okay! Hanging up now.”
“Well I was just saying-”
“Goodbye, Anya.”
*click*

Buffy searched her closet. She would have to bring heels in her purse like Anya said, her mother would so know something was up if she didn’t. But other than that she could put together a club worthy outfit within an everyday one… she hoped.

Thank God she still had six hours, or she’d never be ready on time. Buffy had yet to pick out her clothes, and she had to find two outfits tonight. She needed to take a shower and do her hair and makeup. She would also need to eat dinner sometime between now and her date, if she could calm her stomach down enough to eat!

“Buffy! You have a delivery!”

What? Buffy ran down the stairs. “I have a-” She was stopped short when she saw a delivery man holding a hug vase full of flowers. The bouquet was beautiful, there were colors bursting everywhere. She had a moment of what could only be described as teenage-girl-giddiness when she squealed and ran and grabbed the vase, all the while ignoring her mother’s laughter.

Buffy inhaled deeply. The arrangement smelled heavenly.

Joyce took the bouquet from Buffy’s arms. “Honey, sign for the poor man.” She nodded toward the man holding a pen and clipboard.

“Oh sorry!” Buffy took her eyes away from the flowers and signed on the dotted line. “Thank you.”
“Have a good one.” The man smiled as he walked away.

Buffy closed the door and ran into living room where her mom had set the flowers. “Who’re they from?!” Buffy all but shouted. She really hoped her guess as to who sent them wasn’t wrong.

“Why don’t you look at the card, dummy?” Dawn walked into the room, cocky smirk on her face.
“Oh- I was… going to.” She lifted the card that was tied around the vase, tearing it off its tie.

When Buffy read it, she blanched.

*Dear Buffy,
I’m sorry.
-Riley.*

The blonde had a moment of paralyses. He apologized… for hitting me… in a card.

“What’s wrong honey?”
Buffy shook her head. “Huh?”
“Who are they from?”
“Huh? Oh. The flowers. Um, Riley.”
“Riley? Why is he sending you flowers?”

Buffy could tell her mother was anything but pleased to find out who the sender was. The teenager realized she would have to make up an excuse really quick. She was suddenly grateful for Riley’s pathetic and less than detailed apology note, should her mom happen to look at it.

“Um, he wanted to get back together with me a few days ago. I told him no and we talked. This is just an, ‘I’m sorry for how things went between us’ sorta thing. He knows, though. Ya know, that we are SO done. He just sent these to be nice.”

Joyce scowled but nodded. “Okay. You sure he knows that you two are through?”
“Oh yeah! He knows. He was just-”
“Being nice. I know. Okay, well… the flowers ARE pretty so I’m going to leave them here. Is that okay, Buffy?”

“Sure.” Buffy didn’t even realize she’d spoken. She just trotted up to her room, gripping Riley’s note in her hand.


She sat on the edge of her bed, still staring at the message.
*I’m sorry.*

After what happened he just sends a note with flowers? God, what a jerk! He didn’t even have the balls to come and say sorry to my face! He didn’t even ask if I was okay or thank me for not talking to the cops! He just sends a little present and expects things to be fine? Well that is just like Riley, if memory serves. God! I can’t even-

Buffy shook her head and tore up the note. She couldn’t let Riley get to her. This night was supposed to be fun. She was going on a date with a great guy and Riley was not going to be thought about. Nope. The bruise he’d left her was already fading and that stage makeup she had covered it well.

Buffy threw away the scraps of paper in her hand and left to take a shower. All thoughts of her ex left behind.

***

Spike got up around one, got Buffy’s fake ID made, and then proceeded to drive himself insane.

He was climbing the walls trying to find something to do in order to keep his distance from the petite blonde. He couldn’t go over there early now could he? He didn’t want to seem clingy and attached. They weren’t even in a relationship and already he missed her.

How scary was that?

All he could do was think about her beautiful eyes. Her smile, her golden hair and glowing skin. That evil, pouty lip and her adorable button nose. The sounds she made when he kissed her last night, every whimper, every moan, and every gasp was replaying in his mind. The taste of her mouth and the feel of her beneath him. She was pure art. He couldn’t get her off of his mind.

How was it that he’d only met this girl recently, had only talked to her a few times, and it felt like she was in his blood? He was desperate to see her; to watch her blush, to hear her voice, and to see her hair shine in the sunlight. God, he was already crazy about this chit.

Spike had so many thoughts of her running around in his head he decided to do something he hadn’t done since his mother died.

Write.

Spike fished through his chest at the foot of his bed and pulled out an old journal. The journal held dozens of poems he’d written, but it still had plenty of blank pages left inside. It wasn’t too big of a book. Just a small black notebook really, but it meant a lot to him.

Spike had started writing poetry when he was thirteen, and he stopped when he was fifteen, when his mom died. He hadn’t touched this book since the day of her funeral. He had lost his drive so he’d put the book at the bottom of his trunk, avoiding it.

But now…

Buffy had given him new inspiration. Even Drusilla hadn’t made him want to write again. Buffy had occupied every thought that flitted through his head, he found her endearing and adorable, angelic and warm. He knew she could have any guy she wanted and he wanted to be the one she chose. God, he was truly falling for this girl.

As Spike pressed a pen down to a blank page in his journal, he realized that he was really headed down a dangerous road; really fast. One he hadn’t gone down in a long time, and one he never thought he would again.

And Spike bloody well didn’t give a damn.

***

“Damn him. Ugh!”

Buffy had showered and gotten dressed before doing her makeup. She was almost finished but this last part was excruciatingly annoying to have to do.

She was furiously caking on concealer over the hickey that was so proudly displaying itself on the side of her neck. Earlier she had just thrown on a turtle necked, tank top to hide the bruise. But now, she’d have to use makeup to hide it. If she could…

The damn thing was so dark even her concealer wasn’t covering it completely. She had already used up the last of that stage makeup on the bruise Riley left. She realized now that she should have used the regular stuff on the mark on her jaw, and used the stage stuff on her neck. Considering the one on her neck was actually darker than the one she received from getting punched in the face!

God, what was that bleached boy, a vampire? The only thing Buffy could think of doing was wearing a scarf over it, but it was eighty degrees outside!

She wasn’t going to wear the same shirt she’d worn earlier to hide it. It was comfortable in the weather but definitely not suitable club attire. Even she knew that.

“Boys have GOT to stop bruising me.” Buffy muttered then sighed. “Well looks like it’s going to be hair down tonight.” She’d just have to keep her hair covering what the makeup couldn’t until she left the house. After she no longer had to worry about her mom, she could relax. Anyone else seeing the hickey wouldn’t matter. And something told Buffy that Spike would actually want people to see the mark he’d left on her. It was just a gut feeling, and call her crazy but…

She was pretty sure he meant to mark her, which honestly, didn’t bother her all too much. A part of her was a little proud of the love bite Spike had left her with. It was like saying she was his. And okay, given that this was the 21st century, it should bother her, but it didn’t. She thought it was kind of… sweet.

Buffy smacked her forehead. What was she doing? Getting ahead of yourself, that’s what.

They weren’t a couple. He asked her on a date but that was it. No strings attached. He likes you and you like him, but don’t start thinking this is super serious.

Sure, YOU’VE been thinking about his gorgeous eyes, and those killer cheekbones, and that adorable grin, ever since he left last night, but that doesn’t mean HE’S all crazy obsessive about YOU.

Time to take a step back, Buffy.

He’s just a guy and he probably thinks you’re pretty and sweet, but there is no way he’s getting caught daydreaming by his little sister when he’s supposed to be cleaning out the refrigerator.

Okay Buffy! There won’t even be a date if you don’t focus on getting ready for it. She sighed.

Buffy grabbed her curling iron and proceeded to curl the ends of her shiny, blonde hair. In her head she was trying desperately to think of an outfit, or outfits (plural), actually.

Okay, purple flippy skirt? No. Orange halter? Nope. Jean skirt? Hmm… maybe. White dress? Yeah right, because I want to flaunt my inexperience. Black corset? Because I want to pretend I AM experienced? Nu uh. Black V-neck? Maybe. Tight flare jeans? No. Dark blue skinny jeans? Now those are always drool worthy but... Nah. Champagne glitter top? Ooh, ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Buffy finished curling her hair and went to her closet. She pulled out a glittery champagne colored tank top. It was fitted and had a scoop neckline. The front was covered in sparkles. The reverse tied into a braided racer back all the way down to the small of her back.

The thing was, though, Buffy had never actually worn this pretty tank. It looked like tonight was going to be a first for her and for this backless little number.
Backless.

Okay, no way was she going with a skirt tonight, nu uh. Backless means jeans. They can be tight but jeans they must be…

And Buffy had just the pair!

She dropped to her knees and moved some things around at the bottom of her closet. She flung pair after pair of pants out of her way until she found…

There you are!

Buffy stood up and held the sexy pants out in front of her. She looked them over. They looked like they would still fit.

She quickly wiggled out of her shorts, pulled on the pants and walked to the mirror to inspect her now denim clad legs. She smiled to herself.

Perfect.

The skinny jeans she had on had been given to her from a friend at school as a 16th birthday present. The jeans were the tightest things in the world. They were black and hugged every curve imaginable. Buffy had always been too shy to wear them in public, but tonight…

She knew she had kept them for a reason.

Suddenly, an idea hit her. And she felt she was in just a crazy good enough mood to go through with it.

***

“Thanks mom. The pasta was really good.”
“Sure, sweetie. So are you just about ready for your date?”
“Yeah, I just have to change and grab my purse.”
“Okay, now remember: Keep your phone on and with you at all times. Don’t let this boy pressure you into something. Call me if you need ANYthing and don’t miss curfew.”

Buffy smiled. Her mother always recited this mantra when she went out on a date. “I promise mom.” She walked over and hugged the older woman. “Thanks again for giving me a later curfew.”

“You’re welcome. You are seventeen and I know that you kids like to stay out late, even when you’re not doing much of anything.”
“Are you calling us teenagers boring?” She teased.
“I never said that.”
“Uh huh.” Buffy smiled and kissed her mom on the cheek. “Well, anyways, thanks. I gotta go get ready.”
“Sure, honey.”

Buffy ran up the stairs to her bedroom. She was amazed she had actually gotten herself to calm down enough to eat anything. Well, if calming down equates to having your mom force food down your throat because she’s worried about your eating habits. Either way, she was glad she ate.

Buffy threw on her champagne racer back and pulled a big black T-shirt over it. She took a ponytail and tied the T-shirt taught behind her back. She put on her black sandals and grabbed her big black purse, shoving everything she needed inside.

Buffy took one last look in the mirror and headed downstairs.

Just as she reached the bottom of the staircase the doorbell rang. Buffy of course, not wanting to seem too eager sent a pleading look to her mother.

Joyce nodded and went to get the door as Buffy fled the room.

“Hello, Mrs. Summers.”
Buffy jumped at the voice she heard.

Riley.

Joyce scowled. “Riley, what are you doing here?” She didn’t even want to know where he got those bruises that decorated his face.

Buffy emerged from the living room. “Riley?”
“Hello, um, I’m sorry to disturb you so late at night. I was wondering if I might speak with Buffy for a minute?”

Joyce sent a look of question toward her daughter.

Buffy nodded. “Let’s talk on the porch.”
Joyce sent a glare in Riley’s direction for good measure.

Dawn ran into the room. “Is it her date?!”
Everyone looked at the young brunette.

“Date?” Riley asked, sending a puzzled look Buffy’s way.
“Yes. I’m expecting someone. He’s going to be here any minute.”
“So late?”

She did NOT like Riley questioning her. He didn’t have a right, he was just being nosy and she hated that. But, she might as well answer. She had no reason not to, so Buffy responded in a voice anything BUT friendly.
“My date is late because he was helping his father all day, and the earlier times the theatre was playing the movie we wanted to see weren’t going to work out. So that is why I’m going out at ten PM. Satisfied?” The fact that she was able to recite the same fib she’d told her mother once again, and this time without the stuttering, made her feel kind of proud.

Riley just nodded. “Sorry. It was none of my-”
“You’re right. It wasn’t. Now let’s make this quick, shall we?” Buffy stomped out onto the front porch and closed the door behind her. She was trying desperately to control the shakiness her body seemed so keen on cursing her with.

“What is it?”
“Wow, you’re in a hurry, huh?”
“A hurry to get away from you? Yes. Now what-” She took a breath. “What do you want?” Her voice was a harsh whisper.
“Buffy I- I wanted to talk to you…”

***

Spike exited his house and headed towards Buffy’s with a smile on his face. Was it wrong he was elated at the fact he would be seeing her soon?

He looked toward her porch just as he was approaching her house and the sight that greeted him stopped him dead in his tracks. His smile instantly disappeared.

Spike’s blood started boiling. His fists strangled the small bouquet of flowers he was carrying. His jaw clenched and his teeth ground. Why was that bastard coming anywhere NEAR her? Spike bounded toward the house and stopped at the bottom of Buffy’s stairs.

Buffy turned to face a distressed- no, not a distressed, a pissed off -Spike. A VERY pissed off Spike from the looks of things. She didn’t even get to speak before he was up the stairs and standing protectively in front of her.

“What the bloody hell are you doing here?” He ground out in a restrained voice.

Riley stammered before recognizing the man in front of him. It was that same guy who came in and stopped- Oh shit. Riley took a deep breath. “I wasn’t going to hurt her.”
“Damn right you weren’t.” Spike snarled and took a step closer to the other male.
Buffy put a tentative hand on Spike’s arm. “Spike. He was just talking.”
The bleached teen relaxed a little under Buffy’s touch. Just a little.

“Then he can talk with me here.” He turned and brought Buffy out from behind him to hold a protective arm around her shoulders “You were sayin?”
Riley stammered once again. “Uh- I-I was pretty much done. I was just apologizing for the other night and… It- It won’t happen again. I’m gonna quit, Buffy. I promise you.”
Buffy gave an understanding nod but didn’t smile. “I wish you luck.”

Riley nodded a goodbye towards the girl, his face holding a tight lipped smile.

Spike never let the glare leave his eyes as Riley walked down the steps. He took a sideways glace at the girl in his arms. She was shaking slightly and her eyes were focused on her clasped hands.

“Hey, Riley.” He spat the oaf’s name like it was a poison.

The football player turned around at the bottom of the steps.
“Those are some right pretty bruises you got there.”
Riley put a hand up to his face.
“I’ve got no problem adding more.” Spike moved his arm around to Buffy’s waist and pulled her closer.

“You’re threatening me.” Riley was honestly just making a statement. He wasn’t actually challenging the guy in front of him.

“Did I stutter?” Spike let the question lie there unanswered for a minute, for it was rhetorical, before speaking again. “Touch Buffy again, and see if you wake up after I beat you unconscious.” He snarled his words, sounding something akin to a wild dog.

Riley just nodded, wide eyed. He couldn’t, and didn’t, blame her date for being protective.

The man spun around once again and finally left the Summers' front yard.

Riley was gone.

Spike turned Buffy to face him. “Are you okay?”
“… Yeah. I’m fine. He just wanted to apologize and stuff.”
“You sure you’re alright?”

Buffy looked up into his bluer than blue eyes, and what she saw made her gasp. There was so much concern and worry behind his cobalt stare. His face held a distressed frown and his eyebrows were drawn together. He was so obviously alarmed as to whether she was okay or not that it made her heart melt and her body calm. His eyes kept flitting across her features and her figure like he was checking for any noticeable changes. She took a breath and smiled weakly. “Yeah. I’m alright.”

Spike finally felt his body relax and leaned down to rest his forehead against hers. He let out a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding and dropped the flowers in his hand. He squeezed his eyes shut unaware that Buffy’s were fixed on his expression. He was just so relieved she was okay, that she hadn’t been hurt again.

She was caught in Spike’s embrace, his arms banded around her waist and her hands fisting his T-shirt. She stood up on her tip toes and gave him a light kiss on his lips. His eyes opened at the contact only to close once again as he deepened the kiss.

Spike tightened his grip on the girl in front of him. He pulled away when they both needed air and placed a long, lingering kiss on her forehead.

Buffy smiled. Then she looked down and saw a small, crushed bouquet of flowers on the ground. She frowned and bent down to pick them up.

“Oh…” Spike rolled his eyes at himself. Good job crushin the flowers, mate. He chastised himself. “They got kinda…”
“Smooshed?” Buffy smiled, still looking at the flowers in her hands.
“Well… they weren’t before I saw Captain Cardboard standin up here talkin to you. Then I kinda… I musta thought they were his neck or somethin.”

Buffy tentatively fingered the flowers. “They’re pretty.”

Spike blinked. He looked down at the broken stemmed bouquet. The ribbon he’d used to tie them with was wrinkled and the bow was crushed; and a lot of petals were missing. He’d picked them from his backyard when he noticed the abundant amount of foliage growing there and put them together himself as well as he could. Add his crappy florist skills to the state they were in now and the flowers looked anything BUT pretty. “Bollocks. I shoulda just bought you some. I’m sor-”
“Don’t you dare apologize.” Buffy didn’t look away from the bouquet. “You picked them yourself?”
“Yeah… Look you don’ have to keep em, I-”

Buffy cradled the flowers in her arm and arched up to give Spike a kiss on his cheek, effectively shutting him up.

“Thank you. They’re still pretty even though they’re smooshed.” She smiled warmly and took Spike’s hand, leading him inside.

Spike could have sworn he almost fainted. He’d never felt light headed before. Never. But this woman was going to make him feel like that a lot he realized. She was just too amazing.

Once inside, Buffy was faced with her mom and Dawn, both with curious stares on their faces.

“Wait a second. You go out with one guy, and come back in with another? Explain please.” Dawn crossed her arms over her chest.
Buffy rolled her eyes. “Dawn, Mom, this is Spike.” Buffy gestured.

Joyce shook his hand and Dawn just stared appraisingly from a corner.

“Nice to properly meet you both.” He nodded and smiled politely.
“That’s right. We’ve seen each other before.”

Spike kicked himself internally. He wouldn’t have been so rude in the past if he’d known he was going to become so crazy about the girl still holding his hand. Damn his stubborn need to be an ass to everyone because his dad pissed him off. “Right. I’m sorry about that. I was havin a bad day and-”
“No worries. It’s forgotten.” Joyce smiled.

Buffy relaxed. She was grateful her mom let Spike’s past behavior go so easily. The girl knew her mother would, but still, she was grateful.

“I appreciate that. Thank you.” Spike smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.
“Why’s your hair that color?” Dawn blurted from her spot.
“Dawn!” Buffy and Joyce scolded in unison, causing Spike to chuckle.
“It’s alright. My hair’s this color cuz I dye it.”
“How come?”
“Just like it I guess.”
“Aren’t you sure?”
He smirked. “Yeah, I am. I like it better than my natural color.”
“What’s your natural color?”
“Okay! Dawn leave before I MAKE you leave.” Buffy threatened.
“I was just talkin to him! Jeez!”
“Okay honey, go on upstairs.” Joyce told her youngest.
“But-”
“No ‘buts’. Now go.”
Dawn pouted and trudged up the stairs.
“Nice meetin you, Bit.”
Dawn turned and tilted her head. “I think I like you. Don’t scare him away, okay Buffy?”
“Dawn! Up. Stairs.” Joyce scolded, and Spike still couldn’t help but chuckle a little.

Buffy pursed her lips and then smiled apologetically up at her date. “Sorry about her.”
“No problem. She’s a cute kid.”

Joyce eyed the broken bouquet in her daughter’s hand. “Where are those from? Did Riley bring you more flowers?”

Buffy’s eyes went wide. Thanks a lot mom! She really didn’t want Spike to know Riley had gotten her flowers. Especially considering that Spike was obviously embarrassed at his small arrangement, and Riley’s were professional and vibrant. The thing was, Buffy would gladly throw Riley’s out the window and keep Spike’s, but she knew her mom liked arrangements and Riley’s were beautiful. Still, Buffy had turned to jello when she found out Spike picked the flowers himself AND unknowingly destroyed them because he saw Riley near her and got angry. Yeah, Mr. Leather knowing about “Captain Cardboard’s” bouquet would be of the bad, but it was too late now.

“No. These are Spike’s but they kinda got… crushed.”

Joyce looked at Spike to see him holding looks of confusion, annoyance, and embarrassment on his face. She looked back at the flowers in Buffy’s hand and gathered they must have been handpicked. She thought it very sweet Spike did something like that, but she didn’t know how they’d gotten so damaged. Joyce took the flowers from Buffy and eyed them accordingly. “You can dry them.”

Buffy relaxed and smiled. “Perfect. Will you go hang them up in my room for me? We better get going.”

Joyce nodded and said goodbye to the two teens, being sure to remind them of the time they were supposed to be back. She walked up the stairs as Buffy went to fetch her purse from the living room.

“White Bread get you those?” Spike nodded to the giant bunch of flowers on the coffee table, hands stuffed deeply into his duster pockets.

White bread? Hmm, odd nickname. Buffy walked over to her date, bag in hand. “He sent them earlier today, as an ‘I’m sorry’ sort of deal. I’m just keeping them cuz mom likes em.”

Spike clenched his jaw and nodded. He really didn’t care if Buffy kept Riley’s bouquet… much. Mostly he was just annoyed at himself for not thinking of sending her flowers instead of bringing her that scraggily set he’d arranged. It was the poet in him making a romantic gesture he supposed.

Buffy crinkled her nose. “Did you just refer to Riley as ‘white bread’ a second ago?”
Spike smirked and looked down at the blonde beauty before him “No originality. Uninteresting. Typical farm boy lookin ponce.”
“Ah. Like white bread. Plain.” Buffy nodded her understanding. “So, ready?”
“You’re askin me?”
She blushed. “Well… okay. I’ll give you that one. But I AM ready.”
“Whatever you say Goldilocks.” Spike swung an arm around his date and pulled her in for a kiss.

“OoooOoooh! Spike and Buffy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love-”
“Dawn!”
“You two were kissing!”
“Oh, like you’re such a stranger to it! Maybe I should call up Terrance and ask him-”
“I’m gone!” With that Dawn flew up the stairs and into the safety of her bedroom.

Buffy smiled. “Ha! Now I have something to shut her up with.”
“Terrance?”
“Her little boyfriend. Ooh.” She cringed. “It’s weird to say my younger sister has a boyfriend.”

Spike arched a disapproving brow. “That little bit has a boyfriend?”
“He’s new.”
“Have you met him?”
She smiled. “Um, yeah. I’ve known him as long as she has. They’re really good friends.”
“How old is she?”
“Dawn? She’s twelve.”
“Twelve?!”
“Relax, Mister Big Brother, she’s fine. Terrance is a sweetie. There’s nothin to worry about.”

Spike couldn’t explain the feeling he was experiencing, but just the thought of some boy kissing Buffy’s little sis was bothering him. He supposed he was feeling a little bit like an older brother. “Sorry. Don’t know what it is but- She’s just… She’s as innocent as you and m’not too excited ‘bout that innocence getting tainted.” He grinned then curled his tongue. “Not like I am about yours...”

Buffy pursed her lips daringly. “Oh really? Well let’s get started then, shall we?”

Spike almost choked on his tongue at her words. And before his brain could catch up with him, he was being led out the door by a skipping Buffy.
End Notes:
So what d'ya think?? Review please
Chapter 12 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hi there gentle readers! I know it's been like forever, but here's number 12! I really hope you enjoy!!
Spike went to open the passenger door for Buffy only to be stopped by her hand over his. He turned and looked at her questioningly.

“I’m getting in the back.”

Puzzled was an understatement. “Please don’t tell me you’ve never ridden in the front of a car before.”

Buffy hit him on the arm. “No. I’m changing in the back.”
Spike didn’t think he’d heard her right. “You’re what?”
“Well you didn’t think I was wearing this to the club did you?” Buffy opened her arms and looked down at herself.

Spike didn’t even think about what she was wearing and whether it was suitable for tonight or not. He really didn’t care. He thought she looked great as always. But he’d be damned if he didn’t snatch up this opportunity.
“Right. Go ahead then.” He opened the back door for her, receiving a bright smile in return.

Spike ran to the driver’s side and hopped in. He didn’t want to miss any chances he might have at peaking at the beauty in the backseat.

Just as if she had read his mind. “No peaking.”
“I’ve already seen you in your night clothes, pet.”
“I don’t care. No peaking.”
“As you wish.” He started the car and angled his mirror to get a good view of his date.

Buffy knew Spike would find some way to sneak a look at her while she changed, but she really didn’t care. She just had to say no peaking for reasons of pride. What was it about this guy that made her feel so free?

Spike tried to focus on the road, but it was difficult; the reason being obvious, pretty, and blonde.

Buffy noticed how Spike had angled the rear view mirror and decided she’d drive him crazy a little bit. She took off her flip flops and lay down on the back seat. Then she very slowly undid her button and zipper, and lazily wiggled out of her shorts, being sure to arch her back A LOT.

She has got to be doing this on purpose, Spike thought. The way Buffy was moving, and slowly wiggling out of her shorts while arching her- she’s sporting a thong?! She was driving him insane! It was beyond hard to keep his eyes on the road. He needed a distraction, but he couldn’t get himself to turn the mirror away from his date. He turned the radio on to a rock station and tried to think about ANYthing to distract himself.

The teen thought back to the moment with Riley on the front porch. “Hey, uh, pet?”
“Mhm?”
“What did White Bread mean when he said he was quitting?”
“Riley? Oh, he was talking about drinking.”
Spike nodded and tried to avoid the picture of Buffy removing her T-shirt ever so slowly. “Well that’s something.”
“Yeah. Say, do you think I can leave my clothes that I’m not wearing in the car? I don’t want the extra bulge in my purse if I don’t need it.”
“Sure, love.”
“Thanks.”

Buffy suddenly thought of something purely evil to do. She just couldn’t resist!

Spike was dying. There was no WAY she wasn’t doing this on purpose. While trying to watch the road as well as the gorgeous blonde, he missed her removing her bra from beneath her top.

Buffy let one strap of her sparkly tank top slip to reveal a bare shoulder as she leaned over the front seat. With the most innocent looking face she could muster, the teasing teen plopped her bag, shoes, and folded garments onto the passenger seat, her bra lying on top of her shorts and T-shirt.

Spike looked to his right to see Buffy setting her clothes down in the front. When he saw the bra, he gulped. “What’re you doing?”
“Just getting these out of the way. I still have to put on my jeans and heels.”
“Heels?”
“Yeah. Heels are a must. I didn’t want to wear my bra, though. It wouldn’t look right with this shirt, it’s backless.”
Spike gulped again. Now he knew this was deliberate. “Gotchya.”
“I’ll just be another minute.”
“Okay.”

Buffy smiled to herself when she noticed Spike turning the music up a little louder. This was fun, and surprisingly easy. She grabbed her jeans and slowly slid them on just as tortuously as she had slid her shorts off. She made sure to arch her back when she zipped and buttoned the denim garment. Then she took her clothing out of the front seat and brought it to the back once again. She threw her high heels into the front and climbed over the seat

“Bloody hell.” Spike said under his breath.

Buffy plopped down on the seat next to him and he swore he’d never seen jeans so tight before in his life. Talk about torture. Christ, he wished he could just rip them off.

“Something wrong?” Buffy asked the question while sporting an innocent doe eyed face.
“Not at all, Summers.” He leered.
Buffy blushed under his stare. “Spike?”
“Yeah?”
“Watch the road.”
“Wha- Oh! Christ!” He swerved just in time, avoiding a collision.

Buffy giggled and was not the least bit thrown by Spike’s driving. She leaned down and slipped on her black pumps. They were some of the sexiest heels she owned, and just like the other pairs, she hardly ever got to wear them. But tonight was a different story. She’d spent an hour or so walking and dancing around in them just so she could get used to the feel.

“So Spikey, what’s the verdict on the ensemble?”

Spike leered once again. “Damn fine, pet.” His voice was husky. He honestly thought Buffy was trying to kill him. The backless top she was wearing was causing his mind to fill with a thousand naughty thoughts. And those heels… He wanted to feel them pressed into his backside. Her legs wrapped around his waist while he-

“Thanks.” Buffy cut off his thoughts and smiled.

Spike turned down the radio now that he wasn’t busy trying to distract himself from his naughty little date. “So mind me asking why you had to change in the car?”
“My mom would so know something was up if she saw me in this.”
“Ah, so our little lie worked did it?”
“Yeah. I didn’t like doing it but she bought it.”
“Told you she would. I’m sorry you had to lie though, kitten.”
“It’s okay. Except for tonight, I’m like an angel child so I don’t feel too guilty.” Buffy forced a little laugh and gave him a tight lipped smile.

Spike could tell she wasn’t comfortable with lying to her mum, so he made a vow to himself to prevent the need to do it as often as possible.

“Ooh, almost forgot…” Buffy opened her purse and pulled out a few black bracelets and put them on. Then she retrieved a pair of black dangly earrings and stuck them in her ears. “So.” she smiled. “Where’s that fake ID you got me?”

***

Spike and Buffy got into the club without problems.

The two bouncers at the entrance barely even glanced at the ID’s Spike provided them with. Well, they barely glanced at Spike’s. When the man who was holding Buffy’s saw the card and looked up at its owner, he certainly wasn’t paying attention to whether or not she was old enough to get in. Oh no, he was leering, causing Spike to tense with anger considerably fast.

“Hey honey. You can go right on in.” The brunette bouncer said with a wink, handing her back her ID.

Buffy, completely oblivious to the man’s flirtatious manner, smiled shyly. She didn’t think anything of it when his hand found its way to the small of her back, leading her inside, either.

Spike, with every part of his being, wanted to rip the bloke’s arm off. But he kept his rage at bay, not wanting to get himself thrown out of Viper’s before he even entered.

Once inside, Buffy was in a combined state of shock and awe. Her jaw hit the floor, which was coated with glitter, by the way. There was heady club music engulfing the entire place, along with sweaty bodies moving to the rhythm. There were high tables with stools covering half of the area, and the other half was obviously the dance floor. There was a wide balcony above filled with more dancing bodies and what looked like some couches and chairs behind them. There was a long bar to her left, rimmed with blue and purple snake lights. She saw two doors down a small hallway to her right with a bright red “RESTROOMS” sign hanging above the entrance. When Buffy looked to her left she saw another hallway just the same. She also spotted a wide door frame, which had a lit up sign with the word “BASEMENT” hanging above it, leading to a broad, descending staircase. People were everywhere, including half a dozen girls in cages suspended above the dance floor, all wearing not much more than intricate bikini-like dancing costumes and heels.

Spike came up from behind the awestruck girl and wrapped his arms around her middle. “Wanna drink, pet?”
Buffy’s eyes widened. “What? I thought you said-”
“Relax sweets, you don’t have to have an alcoholic drink if you don’t want.”
Buffy relaxed. “Oh. Alright.”
They walked over to a vacant table and Spike sat her down on a stool.
“What d’you fancy?”
“Uh… coke?”
“Okay. Be back in a second.”

Buffy smiled as Spike walked in the direction of the bar. She sat her purse on the table and looked around. She had thought she would feel out of place and awkward in a club, but now that she was here she didn’t. She actually liked the atmosphere of the place; which surprised her. It was raw and wild. Laughter and the smell of liquor filled the air. The lighting was dark except for the bright colors that shot through the blackness every so often. The dance floor looked more like an orgy set to music, and scattered couples throughout the building were practically screwing each other in plain view of everybody. So, yes, it really surprised Buffy that she felt comfortable in a place like this, almost like she... belonged?

“Here, love.”
Buffy turned and smiled at her date. “Thanks.” she said, taking the ice filled glass of soda.
Spike set down his beer and arched a brow when she scowled at him.
“You said you wouldn’t drink.”
“No, I said I wouldn’t get drunk. One beer ain’t gonna do nothin, love.”
Buffy bit her lip, seeming to think about his statement before nodding. “Okay.”

***

Comfortable conversation passed between the two blondes. They laughed, flirted, and learned about each other; a LOT about each other, actually. Neither of them paid any attention to the world around them. Finding things to discuss came surprisingly easily. There was no stress or awkwardness, only comfort and excitement.

Spike had essentially, learned about Buffy’s life. About her family, her friends, just about her; and he had never been so interested in another person before. He learned that her father, Hank Summers, had abandoned her, her sister, and mum, only to die and leave them everything in his will a few years later. Spike learned about Buffy’s life before and after Moon Stream. He learned about what had hurt her and what had made her stronger. He learned about her insecurities, some because she told him and others because he could tell by the way she spoke of certain things. He learned that he could shut her up or comfort her with a kiss. He also learned that he was her willing slave, plain and simple. This tiny girl had him wrapped around her little finger. The Brit had learned about Xander’s sense of humor, Willow’s kindness, Tara’s wisdom, and Anya’s bluntness. He learned that Buffy was quick witted, kind, charming, adorable, and just plain endearing; given, he kind of already knew those things. He couldn’t seem to get enough of her. The more he learned, the more he wanted to know. To say he simply liked this girl was the bloody understatement of the year.

Buffy learned that Spike’s mom died when he was fifteen. She learned that he moved from London to the states when he was eight. She learned (after kissing him for all of three seconds then abruptly pulling away and threatening not to do it ever again if he didn’t spill what he’d just stopped himself from spilling) that he wrote poetry. She learned that he raced cars and stole them as well. She also realized that the latter didn’t bother her as much as it should have, which kind of freaked her out, until he kissed her and made her realize why it didn’t bother her. She learned that Spike looked up to his dad very much, even though he was pissed he had to move to Moon Stream because of the older man, the only upside being he met her. She learned why his dad moved them in the first place, that Spike had gotten kicked out of school due to his numerous dumbass pranks when (and if) he ever went to class. Buffy also figured out that she could get Spike to do anything she wanted if she kissed him. She also realized that if he did that tongue curly thingy, she was a robot created to adhere to his every command; a Buffy-bot, if you will. She learned of the Brit’s insecurities and his fears. She learned of his dream to someday race cars professionally. She learned that he was sweet, cocky, quick witted, PURE EVIL, and a natural romantic; but she already kind of knew that stuff. She also realized that she was falling for him, really fast; and it scared the hell out of her.

One other thing both teens realized was that sometimes words weren’t needed. They could just look at one another and have a silent knowledge pass between them. It was a connection that was purely indescribable. Not exactly a “soul mates” kind of deal, more just two people who were very similar and understood one another better than anybody else in either of their lives ever had.

The loud music had at first been a problem for their vocal chords, but Spike had found a quiet room that was set up for people to talk in. The room was empty except for the teenage couple, and it stayed that way for two whole hours.

Then, Spike decided it was time to get Buffy out on the dance floor.

“Wanna dance, Goldilocks?”
Buffy peered out into the darker part of the club. “Um… Maybe.”
“C’mon, it’ll be fun. Besides…” He leaned in to whisper in her ear. “I’ve been dyin to have you pressed up against me again.”
Buffy shuddered. His hot breath combined with that sexy voice of his sealed the deal. “Okay.” She smiled as he stood and offered his hand.

When their fingers touched they both felt that now familiar spark that never failed to send their blood rushing.

He led Buffy out onto the middle of the dance floor. The song being played was fast and exciting. Spike could tell his date was a little reluctant to join in so he pulled Buffy flush against him, started moving to the beat, and began nuzzling her golden hair comfortingly.

The girl was a little shy about dancing in a place like this. She had only danced really… scandalously a few times before, at the carnival, and in this place it was like everybody was dancing with everybody. There was virtually no room between people. She let a small gasp escape her lips when Spike pulled her body to his. And once he started moving, all thoughts of the outside world disappeared. She was just a girl dancing with her boyfriend.

Wait, boyfriend?

When did Spike become her BOYFRIEND? He hadn’t. Did she even want him to be? She wasn’t so sure she wanted to be tied down. Pfft! Right Buffy, tell yourself another one.

The truth was she was terrified. She wanted Spike to be her boyfriend. God, just the thought of him touching another girl made her shake with jealousy; but did he want her as a girlfriend? Probably not yet, he was a gorgeous guy and HE wouldn’t want to be tied down. She could date him, then he would want to make it official after a while… she hoped. She wasn’t one to just date a guy and not want anything out of it. And she had a feeling that Spike wasn’t like that either.

Spike moved his face out of her sweet scented mane and looked down into Buffy’s eyes. She seemed to be having an inner debate with herself. Then, she suddenly relaxed and started moving more readily. Spike dipped his head to nibble on her earlobe, smiling when she shuddered.

The blonde couple started moving together more fiercely as the song changed into an even stronger, faster beat. Neither one paid attention to the people bumping into them, they were both too lost in the feel of each other.

Mouths gasped and pulses raced as their faces neared. Both sets of lips were less than inches apart, they were sharing breath. Neither teen made a move to connect their mouths, the intimacy and rawness of the moment too perfect for either to want to destroy it.

When a guy who had apparently lost his partner, came up behind Buffy and started to grind against her backside, she didn’t even notice.

But Spike did. Seeing this, the Brit turned Buffy around and shot the bloke behind him a look that clearly said: She’s mine. Touch her and loose an arm.

The guy made the smart choice and left.

Buffy, realizing what happened smiled and placed a soft kiss against Spike’s lips. She moved her hands from his arms and curled them around her date’s neck, signing small patterns on the leather of his duster.

Spike’s pupils dilated and he practically purred when Buffy’s fingertips began to play with the hair at the nape of his neck.

***

The duo danced for what seemed like an eternity, finally stopping when Buffy claimed she needed a drink.

Spike went to get Buffy a bottle of water after they found a table and she sat down. The teenager returned with the beverage and told the girl he’d be back after he went to the bathroom. She said she’d do the same, grab her purse from the cubby she had placed it in at the entrance, and would meet him back at the table.

Buffy found her way to her purse and then the bathroom all without tripping over her fellow clubbers; which was especially impressive considering she was in four inch heels and was busy obsessing over her incredible date.

Spike made his way to the washroom and then hit the bar to grab a bottle of water for himself before heading back to the table. As he turned around to go find Buffy, he bumped into a friend of his from the circle. Before he knew it, Spike was being pulled into a conversation when all he wanted to do was go find his girl.

***

Buffy returned to the table and was happy to see it was still available. She was also surprised that Spike wasn’t back yet. She’d thought girls always took longer in the bathroom. Huh. Buffy set her bag down and pulled out her water bottle. She had forgone putting her purse back by the cubbies that lined the wall at the entrance of the club, figuring her and Spike both needed a little break from their hour long dance-a-thon.

Spike.

A small smile crossed her face. He was sweet and cute, sexy and confident, adorable and romantic, and she was starting to act like Dawn again. God, what was it about him that made her drool and feel like a giddy teenager. Wait a second… she was still seventeen…

Buffy was so wrapped up in her musings she didn’t even see the man a few tables down make his way over to her.

***

Spike finally managed to get away from his pal. Don’t get him wrong, Spike liked Mark. He was a funny guy, great on the track, and a decent conversationalist. But the Brit’s mind was one tracked tonight. The only thing he wanted to do was continue his date with Buffy before he had to get her home.

***

Ben, the male nurse who was talking, ahem hitting, on her, was getting on Buffy’s nerves. It wasn’t that he was bad looking, she just wasn’t interested. And she was getting a bad vibe from the guy. Not one of those “I bet you have a girlfriend” vibes, but one of those “Steer clear of this one” vibes. Something about the brunette was just rubbing her the wrong way. Given, it could just be because he was in fact a brunette and not a certain platinum blonde.

Buffy sighed. What was this guy talking about again?

“… so what about you?”
“Hmm?”
“You. Ya live in the area?”
“Oh. Um. Not far.”
“That’s cool. Cuz I was gonna say, I’m sure I woulda recognized you if you’d been in here before. A pretty face like yours is hard to ignore.”

Huh, Buffy thought. His eyes are about eight inches south of where my face is. Funny.

“Thanks.” She set her bag on her lap and hunched over, comfortably hiding her cleavage from the testosterone-y male’s view. She looked around anxiously, where was Spike? She didn’t want to have to move because then he wouldn’t know where to find her, and finding him would be difficult in this place. She just breathed another sigh while trying to tune out Nurse Ben.

“You wanna dance?”

That got her attention.

“Oh. Um. No thanks. I-”
He cut her off. “Oh c’mon. It’ll be fun.”
Ben went to lean in closer and Buffy put a hand on his chest to prevent his movements. “Look, you’re a nice guy, but I’m actually-”
“What is it? I’m a good dancer if that’s what you’re worried about.”
“No. It’s not that, I just-”
“Oh, I get it. You’re nervous. Well just relax! I’ll take care of you out on that dance floor.” He winked and went to take her hand.

Buffy set her bag on the table once again and stood to avoid his grasp. “Look, it isn’t you I just- I’m actually on a date right now. He’s gonna come back in a minute and-”
“Well then allow me to save you. Just c’mon!” This time he grabbed her hand before she had a chance to pull it away and Ben tugged, rather harshly.

Jeez, this jackass is really freaking insistent!

***

When Spike caught sight of Buffy, his original idea of what his expression would be when he saw her again, was not what played across his face.

A tall pretty boy was leering at Buffy, obviously flirting with her. When the git leaned in towards her, Spike honestly felt he would combust if he didn’t hurt the bloke. Soon. Then, Buffy pushed the nit away, to Spike’s relief. Although, the fact that she had to push the guy away also angered him.

Spike started making his way through the crowd over to his date. A couple of people cut in front of him, forcing him to stop when he was almost to the table. When his path cleared once again, the water bottle in his hand was a poor victim to his grip as he crushed it, causing the cap to pop off and water to spill onto the floor.

Spike saw red.

***

Buffy tried to yank her hand away to no avail. “Let go of me!” She spoke through gritted teeth, but loud enough for him to hear.
Ben pulled on her again, causing her to stumble. “Oh don’t be so uptight!” He shouted.

The guy actually shouted at her, and Buffy’s hand was really hurting at this point. She was going to end up punching the idiot in the face.

“Let me-” Before she could finish Spike was between her and Ben, breaking the brunette’s hold on her by shoving him away.

Finally, Buffy thought. She immediately rubbed her hand, which was throbbing, by the way. That freak really had a grip! It would be awesome if guys could just stop bruising her.

“You stay away from my girl.” Spike growled.

Ben took a minute to assess what had just happened, and then an impish grin appeared on his face. “Relax man, we can share can’t we? Bet the chick wouldn’t mind the both of us grinding up on her sweet-”

Spike didn’t let him finish.

Ben wailed when the bleached stranger’s fist connected with his face.

Buffy’s brain was only aware of two things. 1) Spike just hit someone to defend her… again. And 2) Spike called her his girl. His! I’ll take Extreme Girl Giddiness for 400, Alex!

The teen was so focused on her thoughts at the moment that she didn’t even notice Spike had spoken until he gently shook her.

“Wha? Huh?”
“Pet, we have to go.”
“Oh. Okay.” Buffy nodded and headed for the exit, grabbing her purse on the way out.

Once out of the club, the fresh night air finally jarred her to complete awareness. She was standing with her date and he was checking her over to make sure she wasn’t broken.

“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine.” She could barely focus the way his eyes were flitting across her body. He kept checking her over, touching her arms, his blue eyes tracing over every inch of her torso and face. “Spike! I’m fine. Relax.” She smiled.

Spike took a breath. “Okay.” He kissed her forehead and took her hand in his, the one that wasn’t throbbing. She would have mentioned it to him, but her mind was too preoccupied thinking about something else.

“What was that?” She asked as they started walking.
“I didn’t mean to get us kicked out of the place, it was just-”
“No. Spike, I meant- Wait. We were KICKED out?”
“Yeah. Bouncer saw the whole deal and told me I needed to skedaddle.”
“Oh… ‘skedaddle?’” She asked incredulously, one perfectly shaped eyebrow arched.
“Wha?”
“Nothing.” She stifled a giggle.

A beat.

“Spike…” Her tone turned serious. “Why’d you hit him?”
Spike frowned at her, like the answer was obvious. “First off, the bastard was pulling at you like you were a ragdoll! Secondly, you didn’t think I’d let someone talk about you the way he was ‘bout to, did you?”

Buffy stopped walking and blinked. He almost sounded… offended? How weird… and kind of charming.

Spike stopped as well and turned to Buffy as a tired sigh left his lips. “What is it?”
She smiled warmly. “Ya know if you keep hitting people because you feel the need to defend me all the time, you might get thrown in jail.”
“Not gonna let-… Never mind.” He muttered the last two words.
“What?”
“S’nothing.” He started walking again.
“Oooookay…” She continued alongside her date, their hands still intertwined.

After a minute Buffy stopped and spoke again. “Spike... not to sound too…”
“What, love?”
“Oh, never mind.” She started walking on her own.

Spike stood there for a moment until he realized she was actually getting kind of far ahead. “Summers… what’s wrong?” He asked when he caught up to her. How could she walk so fast in those heels anyway?

“It’s no-”
“If you say it’s nothin’, I’m not drivin you home.” He stopped and took her arm, turning Buffy towards him. “Now, what is it?”
“What?! So you can NOT finish sentences but I can’t?” She snapped.
“Buffy-”
“Just-” She barked, before rolling her eyes. “Ugh, fine.”

She huffed and looked into his bright blue eyes, relaxing at the sight. They shimmered in the street light’s glow and she knew she could drown in his stare. There was no way of avoiding the question. Besides, she wanted to know what the answer was. She was just REALLY scared to hear it.

Spike frowned when she didn’t talk after a minute. “Pet?”
Buffy shook her head and blinked hard. Stupid blue, penetrating stare! “Dumb eyes…” She muttered.
“What was that?”
“Nothing. I was just…” She worried her bottom lip between her teeth. “Spike… you called me your girl.” She dared a glance up at him through her mascara coated lashes.

Spike was caught off guard. He didn’t expect her to say that. Hell, had he called Buffy his… out loud?

Good job, ya wanker. Probably scared the girl off is what you just accomplished. Oddly enough, that thought scared Spike.

It was coming back to him now. He had said that hadn’t he. Well, maybe he could still fix it. Maybe it wouldn’t scare her. If it had, why would she have mentioned it? Well actually, he had forced it out of her. Why’d he have to do that? Christ, he needed another beer. It wasn’t like he didn’t WANT her to be his girl, God knew he- Wait a second…

Buffy’s beautiful green eyes looked up into his and he thought he saw…

She didn’t look scared. Was that? Spike swore she looked… hopeful? Oh God. He was going to do it. Completely put himself out there to look like a Nancy-boy, ponce. If he didn’t know it before, he knew it now. This woman had him in the palm of her perfect little hand.

Spike shuffled his feet and looked down, all boyish and nervous. His actions made Buffy smile and her heart warm. But nothing could have prepared her for the words that fell from his lips.

“Would you want to be? I mean…” Spike thought for sure Buffy could hear his heart beating. He sure as hell could.

“Will you be?” He asked.

Then, there was a silence so thick it forced him to turn his gaze up from the safety of the cement.

Buffy acted on impulse. She lunged.
End Notes:
Review please? *pouts* I know the club scene with the grabby Ben hurting her hand was a little forced, I just had to add more protective Spike, it makes me so giddy when he shows up!
Chapter 13 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I was so happy about the reviews I got for the last chapter that i REALLY wanted to post the next! Thank you all SO SO SO MUCH!! *WARNING: SOME CHEESINESS AHEAD* Enjoy!!
Screw pride! Buffy thought to herself as she jumped into Spike’s arms and wrapped her legs around his waist. The whole playing hard to get thing was overrated!

The Brit stumbled backwards before banding his arms around her waist and regaining balance.

When Buffy’s lips connected with Spike’s, her guy made an “mmph!” sound before quickly recovering and returning the kiss just as fiercely as she started it.

If he could be hers, she would be his. No question. She knew Spike would be the kind of guy to be possessive, but it didn’t bother her. For two reasons: One, because he was HOT when he got all growly and protective! And two, because she knew he wouldn’t be creepy possessive. Spike would be the cute kind of possessive. The kind of boyfriend that would protect her and get jealous if other boys talked to her, the kind that would defend her and call her His. The kind of guy that would make her feel special. The kind that would care. God, she knew she’d be a possessive girlfriend, and she had a feeling Spike wouldn’t mind one bit.

They would be equals.

Spike carried Buffy the last five feet to his car, setting her on the trunk. He pulled away breathlessly and stopped her before she had a chance to maul his mouth again. “So,” Gasp “is that-” Hard swallow “A yes?”
“Yes.” She beamed.

Spike exhaled and smiled. A genuine smile. Not a smirk, not a rakish grin, a real smile. And Buffy’s heart fluttered at the sight. She did that, and she planned on doing it more and more.

He kissed her again, this time tenderly. But it quickly turned into another passionate make-out session.

When they finally pulled away for air, Spike started trailing down her jaw and throat with little nips, nibbles, and licks.

Buffy moaned. “I haven’t ever… I mean I-” Gasp “I’ve never felt so… drawn to someone before. It’s like you’re connected to me and I can’t help but feel like– like I’ve known you for-”

“Years.” He finished her thought then promptly licked at the hickey faintly showing on her neck.

“Yeah…” She tugged him up from the spot he was currently focused on suckling and looked into his darkened eyes. “Is this crazy?”

“Incredibly. But that doesn’t mean I don’t feel the way that I do.” His voice was husky as he brushed her hair out of her flushed face.
“I wanna touch you every second.” He placed a kiss on the right corner of her lips. “I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you since the carnival.” He kissed her left temple. “And I’ve told you things tonight…” He planted a lingering kiss on her soft lips. “that I’ve never trusted anyone enough to tell.”

Spike was gazing at her with his head tilted and a look that spoke volumes. His eyes were just so intense, and whatever emotions he was feeling were expressed through them in crystal clarity. What Buffy saw made her stomach flip in all kinds of ways. His eyes were full of adoration, and she never felt more special than at that very moment.

So she kissed him. Fully. On the lips. But it stayed tender this time, even as she pulled him into place between her thighs.

Spike had to pull away though when he heard Buffy emit a kittenish mewl of satisfaction. A guy could only be pushed so far.

“Christ, Buffy. If we don’-” Hard swallow. “-stop, I won’t be able to.”
“And this is a bad thing?” She frowned.
“It is unless you wanna have sex in the backseat of a car.”
“Oh.” Her eyes widened and Spike slowly pulled away from her body.

“M’sorry. It’s just that I don’t wanna lose control with you.”
“No I understand… it- it’s okay. I- I’m the one who should be sorry.” She looked down and bit her lip before jumping off the car. “You probly hate the whole waiting thing.”

“Buffy-”
“I don’t see why you even asked me-” She took a breath to force back tears of frustration. Frustration with herself. “Look, are you sure about us-”

Spike cut her off with a kiss. He knew where she was going with this and he didn’t want her to think such things. He would wait forever for this girl. She was special, any fool could see that, and Spike was totally enchanted by her. Hell, he was falling in love with the doll already, he knew it.

The peroxide blonde pulled away after Buffy relaxed, holding her delicate face in his palms while looking into her emerald depths.

“Buffy. Stop. No pressure, yeah? And no problems with waiting. I’m a very patient bloke.” He smirked.
“A- are you su-” He kissed her again.
When he pulled away Buffy let a crooked grin play across her face. “I really like you, have I mentioned that?”
“Well, considering I’m your boyfriend now I’d hope so.”

Buffy smiled prettily and blushed.
“What is it?”
“Nothing just… You said boyfriend.” She smiled even wider, if that was possible.

Spike grinned again and looked down at the ground shyly. “That I did.” He brushed a kiss against her lips before sighing. “Think I’d better get you home. It’s almost your curfew.”

Buffy took her phone out of her purse and checked the time. She sighed when the clock read 1:30 AM. “Yeah, guess so.”

Spike went to the passenger side and opened the door for her, closing it gently before heading to the driver’s seat. When he got inside the vehicle, his date was in the back instead of the front. “Why’re you back there?”
“Gotta change before I get home.”
“Oh. Right.” He started the car and began pulling out of the parking spot.

This time Buffy decided she would be nice and not drive her date (now boyfriend) crazy with teasing redressing tactics. Besides, even if she wanted to, her mind was too preoccupied with the sudden memory of what happened at Viper’s to concentrate on sexily wiggling out of clothes. “Thank you… for earlier with that guy. He was a real jerk.”

“No need to thank me, pet. Bloke was a right arse. I saw he had hold of you, you’re sure you’re alright?”

Buffy eyed her injured hand. It was just starting to bruise and swell a tiny bit, not to mention it was sore as hell. She hadn’t mentioned it when Spike and her were kissing, not wanting to ruin the moment and also being WAAAY too distracted. But damn, did that Ben guy really squeeze her hand that hard? It had felt pretty painful in the moment, she had to admit. “Yeah, I’ll just put some ice on my hand at home. The swelling should go down by tomorrow and I’m sure the soreness won’t be so bad in the morning.”

Spike slammed on the breaks and jumped out of the car, flung open the back door and dived in next to Buffy. She started at the quick and rather loud succession. “Spike! What are-”
“You said you were fine! Let me see your hand.” He took hold of her wrist and examined her dainty appendage.

“It’s the other one.” She held out her injured feeler and watched as her boyfriend looked it over with great care. She was so thoroughly touched, freaked out, and also shocked at his concern that she couldn’t do anything but watch his face. He was frowning as he delicately examined her hand. Any touches he made were so light she couldn’t even feel them. God, he was so cute when he was worried. His mouth was getting all tight lipped and pouty with fret, and his eyebrows were pushed together. He was just too adorable.

“You’re just too adorable.”
Spike’s head shot up. “Take that back!”
“Can’t. It’s true.” She giggled at the expression on his face. He was thoroughly INSULTED by her opinion.
“I bloody well am NOT adorable! But we don’t have time to argue. Gotta get you back home so you can get some ice on this.” He leaned down to press a kiss against the top of her hand. It was so gentle she barely felt it.

Spike looked down at the bruising once more. If he ever saw that guy again he was going to break the wanker’s arm. “Bloody pillock.” He growled.

Buffy lifted Spike’s face to meet her gaze. She leaned in and kissed him, then pulled away after she felt the tension in his body subside. “I’ll be fine. I think I’m just a target for assholes… except for you, of course.” She smiled. “Now go get in the driver’s seat before I’m late getting home.”

Spike kissed her once more before getting back in the front and heading for the highway.

After Buffy was dressed and back in the passenger seat, Spike looked to her with a guilty expression. “I’m sorry.”

Well she was certainly puzzled. “For what?”

“I shouldn’t have kept you waiting back at Viper’s.”

“Oh yeah, you did take a while in the bathroom.” She stated inquiringly.

“I ran into a pal of mine at the bar. I talked to him for a few minutes. Believe me, I tried to get back to you, that’s all I wanted to do, but he just kept yammering on and on-”
“Like you are now?” She asked perkily.

Spike actually blushed.

“I just wish I’d gotten-”
“Spike, relax. Nothing major happened. And besides, it’s not like you ditched me. You have nothing to be sorry for. It’s not your fault some jerk thought I was just perfect for a game of tug-a-war.”

Spike smiled at that before turning serious once again.

“I’m still sorry.”
“Well, you don’t have to be.” She squeezed his knee gently.

***

When Spike pulled up in front of Buffy’s house, it was ten minutes to two. Oddly, there hadn’t been any traffic getting back from the club, so they made it back to Moon Stream quicker than expected.

The drive home had been made in comfortable conversation and playful banter, with Buffy stealing kisses from him every so often. He felt like he was on cloud nine. This beautiful, sexy, funny, and just plain goddess of a woman was his. And he was happy to be hers. God, he couldn’t wait to delve into her dark side further. She was opening up and reveling in things quicker than expected, which only excited him more. His plan was working, and the fact that he was completely crazy about Buffy only made it more fun.

Spike had never wanted to just contaminate her innocence. He wanted to get to know her. Hell, he knew he would like her- knew he’d be crazy about her. He just never expected it’d be THIS fast.

“Can I see you tomorrow?” The words were out of his mouth before he could have an inner debate with his manly pride.

Manly pride would have lost either way, though.

“Um…” Buffy bit her lip. She was hoping she wouldn’t have to tell him what her plans were going to be tomorrow.
“Are you busy?” He turned in his seat so he was facing her.
“I’m having lunch with someone. We could maybe see each other afterwards?”

She was hiding something. He had learned her little quirks and could tell when she was uncomfortable talking about a certain topic. He hadn’t pushed her to talk about things that bothered her, but something was niggling in the back of his mind this time. So he asked another question.

“With who?”

She bit her lip again. Best to just get it out, she didn’t want to lie to him. She sighed. “Riley.”

“What?!” Spike REALLY hadn’t expected that answer.

“Yeesh! Relax. Before when he came by to say sorry and stuff he asked if we could get together and talk at a better time. It isn’t a date or anything. He just wanted to buy me lunch and apologize. He feels really crappy, which he should, I’m not denying that. But he just wants to talk and he knows I’m not going out with him again, so no worries.”

“Buffy, I don’t want you around that guy alone.”
“We won’t be. We’re eating at Penny’s. I said I’d meet him at noon, there’ll be plenty of people around and he already said he’s going to try and quit drinking. His buddies apparently have been bothering him about it and after the carnival-”
“Exactly. After the carnival. I don’t like him near you. Not one bit.” His tone was calm but inside, Spike was anything but.

“You think I DO? I’m doing this to be nice. He seemed sincere and genuinely sorry, Spike. I can give him this. The guilt is killing him, I can tell. And earlier tonight he was acting like he had when we first started going out, before the drinking. I need to do this. Not only for him but for myself, too.”
“What d’you mean?”

“I hate-” She sighed. “When he was by earlier I was all shaky. I hated that feeling. This is a small town. And I don’t want to be afraid of him. If I happen to see him, I don’t wanna start quivering like... well, like something that quivers! I need to do this.”

Spike hated this whole plan. The whole sodding plan. He knew she was right and he understood where she was coming from, but he didn’t want her anywhere near Riley. The thought of her getting hurt again scared the shit out of him.

“I’m not letting you get hurt again.”

There was so much emotion and strength, so much resolve and assuredness in his voice that Buffy didn’t think she would ever feel safer than when she was with Spike. But she still had to do this, and she didn’t plan on getting hurt so she was going to stand her ground.

But first she decided to kiss him.

When her lips touched his, he felt a desperate need to hang onto her, lest she slip away. He kissed her desperately and pulled her into his lap, hanging onto her like a lifeline. Pulling her flush against him, Spike devoured her mouth with his. He couldn’t shake the feelings this girl brought out in him, and so maybe he was overreacting, but he didn’t really give a fuck.

Buffy could tell his kiss was underlined with fraught. He was touching every part of her, inside and out, while hugging her close. His grip was so tight she couldn’t budge. Not that she wanted to. She did, however, need to breathe.

She pulled her mouth away and pressed her brow bone to his. “Spike-” Gasp. “I need- mmph!”

He attacked her mouth once again, not caring one bit about his need for oxygen, and forgetting about hers.

“Mmm- Spike, stop.” Gasp “Need- mmm –air. Stop, stop.” She finally managed to push against him a little, putting about three inches of distance between his chest and hers. She put her forehead against his again, breathing heavily.

“I do need to breathe here, buddy.”
“Oh! I- I’m sorry, I just- I-”
“Shhh. It’s okay.” Pant “I know.”

She was straddling his hips and hugging his neck. “Spike. I promise you I’ll be fine tomorrow. You’re worrying for nothing. I’ll come over right after I leave the restaurant if you want.”

Spike’s hold tightened once more. His right arm was hugging her waist while his left was up the length of her back, gripping her shoulder. “I’m coming with you tomorrow.”

“What?!” She pulled away so her face was away from his. “No! Do you know how awkward that would be? It’s gonna be hard enough-”
“I’m not changin my mind, pet.”

“Well, you’re not going.” She squeezed her arms around his neck, not wanting to let go but also feeling annoyed. “That would be very, very bad. It’s not happening, Spike.”

He frowned. “I’m not letting you go alone to meet him, Buffy. S’not safe.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re paranoid? Daylight. Restaurant. No booze. It’ll be fine.”

“Buffy, no. Not happening.”
“Well, you’re not going.”
“Then neither are you.”
“You can’t tell me what to do, Spike. I’m going.”
“Then so am I.”
“No you’re not.”

“This is America. I can go where I please.”

“B- But… You’re British!”
He scoffed. “And?”
“A- and… You’re not going.”

“Am so.”
“No. You’re not.”
“Yes. I am.”
“No you’re not!”
“Then neither are you!”
“Yes I am!”
“Then so am I!”

They glared at each other.

Their grasps had strengthened since the argument began, and the two individuals were both overheating. Their bodies flamed with frustration, anger, determination…

And lust.

Spike could feel the tightness of his jeans and Buffy had dampness beneath her shorts.

Spike could see the fire burning in his girl’s eyes and Buffy could feel the hardness that peaked on her boyfriend’s lap. The couple’s chests were heaving.

Their mouths connected simultaneously, as if magnetized. The brutality of the kiss was overwhelming, and neither one of them had ever felt so frustrated before.

Buffy started moving her hips out of a desperate need to feel him, and Spike elicited a groan of appreciation.

They pulled away gasping for breath, still moving their bodies against each other and whimpering in sync.

“Why don’t you want me to go?” Spike asked between pants.

“I said it a second ago. It- guh -would be way too weird. A- And I told you I needed to do this. For me-” Gasp. “-on my own. I’m s- sorry, but I promise everything will be fine. Please, I just- don’t want to argue with you any-” Whimper. “-more.”

The fierce grinding never wavered for a second.

“Why not? I thought the arguing was kinda fun.” He spoke in a husky tone.

Buffy forced herself to stop moving her hips and Spike growled in protest. The girl bent her head and spoke softly. “Is it weird that we both just got turned on from… from fighting with each other?”
“Eh, who wants to be normal anyway?” He gave her a sexy smirk.

Buffy blushed and grinned. Then, she got an idea; a way to win the argument which she had never planned on loosing anyhow.

“So…” She started moving her hips again, slowly and tortuously, with an evil glint in her eyes. “Are we clear now on how this is going to go?”
“Yeah. I’m coming with you tomorrow.”

She stopped her movements, pleased when Spike groaned. “Ah ah ah. I’m going to go to lunch tomorrow- alone -then meet you back at your house. That. Is. That.” The last three words were punctuated by deep sweeps down onto his lap.

Spike growled when she stopped moving once again, but he wasn’t ready to give up. “I’m comin with you tomorrow, whether you like it or- unghhh!”
Buffy did another deep sweep and then a hard figure eight pattern down on his crotch. He was GOING to do as she said. “What was that?”

“Buffy- Love, I need to be there- Oh, balls!”

“Exactly.” Buffy smirked when she cupped his denim clad crotch. “Spike…” She whispered huskily to him. “You are literally...” She licked the inner shell of his ear. “in the palm of my hand. Make this easy on both of us and do as I say.”

Spike snarled when she squeezed him. God, the girl was going to kill him! And when did she get so ballsy? No pun intended.

He didn’t want her anywhere near Riley but knew she was right. Hell, even if she wasn’t he might have given in, she was torturing him.

“… Fine.” He growled.

Buffy started to pull away only to be pulled back by the waist, her face only inches away from Spike’s. “But you come right over to my house when you’re finished, and keep your phone on you at all times.”

His eyes were overflowing with seriousness and concern so she couldn’t help but nod.

He kissed her then, with passion and desperation.

After a minute, the Brit pulled away. “And just so you know…” He spanked her butt, eliciting a squeal from the vixen in his lap. “The next time you pull a trick like that, I might not be able to control myself. You almost got yourself good and shagged there, sweetheart.”

“Oh, don’t worry…” She rocked her hips against him again. “I think I can control you juuuust fine.” With one last deep sweep across her guy’s lap and a quick peck to his lips, she rolled off of him and out the passenger door in one quick movement.

Spike barely had a chance to grab her before she was out the door and leaning in through the open window. “Goodnight.” She smiled flirtatiously and bowed in to grab her purse.

Spike smirked and grabbed her arm, pulling her down for a deep kiss before she had a chance to leave.
“Night, love.”

She smiled and headed for her house.

Spike just couldn’t help himself, and leaned out the window to let out a loud wolf whistle. “You got a cute little bottom there, Summers!”

Buffy turned, winked, then turned again and sashayed her hips with purpose as she walked to her door.

“See you tomorrow, Goldilocks!”
His girl blew him a kiss from her porch in affirmation.

Spike watched her walk into the house, drove his car into his garage, and headed up to his bedroom. After stripping and lying underneath the sheets, Spike started counting the hours until tomorrow.

His feelings were bordering on obsession, he realized this.

What he didn’t realize was that his girlfriend was also counting the hours that had to pass before daybreak.
End Notes:
What'd ya think??? BTW, I only have two more chapters FINISHED (including this one) so after chapter 15, I'll have to get my head outta my butt and start actually continuing the story, but don't worry, not gonna leave it unfinished!! Reviews please!!
Chapter 14 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Thanks again 4 the reviews!! I love them and all you lovely readers!! :) And apparently a few of you want Riley gone. (Believe me, I understand that! I always hated Riley on the show.) Well this is gonna be the last chapter with him in it. I used him for a little while and he helped Buffy and Spike get closer, but say Goodbye, Iowa because farm boy won't be making another appearance in the story after this chapter is through! Hope everyone likes this one!!! Enjoy :)
Buffy awoke with a smile on her face, even though her alarm clock gave her quite a rude awakening. She slammed her hand down on the red device and quieted the racket. She had set it for ten thirty, so she got enough sleep, but she still didn’t want to go to lunch. Oh well, best to just get it over with.

Buffy climbed out of her comfy bed and headed toward the bathroom. On the way out, she noticed the flowers Spike had given her hanging upside down near her window. She walked over with a soft smile playing on her lips and then an idea hit her.

Buffy grabbed her camera and took a black and white photo of the small, broken bouquet. The lighting was perfect and the look of them hanging upside down with the ribbon tying them together just made an exquisite picture.

She set her camera back down on the chest of drawers and went to take a shower.

***

It was noon when Spike woke up. After lying in his bed for about five minutes with a stupid grin on his face placed there by the previous evening, he remembered. The smile was replaced by a frown as he recalled the argument he had with Buffy.

The bleached teen threw the sheets off his body and went to the bathroom to take a shower, one where he only succeeded in further fueling his frustration. The fifteen minutes he had under the spray of water let his mind wander, and that did not help in this situation.

Why does she have to go, he thought. She should have just told Riley to bugger off. It would have been easier for both Spike and Buffy. Buffy wouldn’t have to deal with that wanker, and Spike wouldn’t have to worry about her. Well, worry about her anymore than he naturally did. He felt very protective of the girl. Just the thought of her getting hurt again made his stomach turn into knots and his blood boil.

Spike angrily pulled on his jeans. He was just so bloody distraught. He couldn’t help the feeling that something would go wrong at lunch. He knew he was probably being paranoid but there was this feeling in his gut. Ya know, that feeling of impending doom you get when you’re girlfriend is going to have lunch with her abusive ex?

When Spike slicked his hair back he almost tore out some of the bleached locks. Taking a deep breath he looked at himself in the mirror.

“Get a grip, mate. She. Will. Be. Fine.” He stressed the last word with feeling.

Spike knew he couldn’t show up there, Buffy would kill him. And he knew he couldn’t spy on her, with his luck she was sure to find out anyhow. He was just one over worried boyfriend. The restaurant was in the middle of town and there were always people around. He knew she would be okay, and yet there was a stupid little voice inside his head that kept throwing in the word “but” whenever he told himself Buffy wouldn’t be hurt.

Spike threw on an old gray T-shirt and changed into his light blue, work jeans. The best thing he could do when he was distressed about something was work on his cars. He knew they were in mint condition, but he could probably find something to perfect. Hell, he HAD to in order to get rid of this stress.

On his way to the garage Spike grabbed a bowl of cereal and quickly inhaled it. He went to poor himself a glass of juice when he remembered that he’d asked Buffy to keep her cell phone with her when she left. He took a look at the clock on his phone and realized she would be at Penny’s by now. The blonde couple had exchanged numbers the night before, so Spike decided he’d call, just to hear her voice.

***

Buffy looked down at her phone to check the time when it started ringing. She didn’t even see the name before she flipped the phone open. “Hello?”
“Hello, cutie.”
She smiled at the familiar voice. “Spike. Hi. What’s goin on?”
“Just checkin up on my girl. You alright?”
She smiled. He was worried about her. “I’m fine, Spike. Riley hasn’t even showed up yet. He texted me saying he was gonna be late so I’m just sitting at Penny’s, waiting.”
“It’s twelve thirty, how late is the git supposed to be?”
“Don’t know. He said he wouldn’t be long, just needed to drop his little sister off somewhere.”
“What about the parents?”
“I guess they’re busy.”
“Wanker doesn’t even have the decency to show up on time…” Spike mumbled.
Buffy heard him and smiled as she asked perkily, “Miss me?”
“… Maybe.”
“Maybe?” She asked with mock hurt coating her voice. “You don’t miss me?”
Spike could actually hear her pout through the phone. “That depends…”
“On?”
“You gonna tease me if I say yes?”
“… Maybe.”
“Not helpin, pet.”
“Well… I miss you too. Does that help?”
“I never said it.”
“But I know you’re gonna.”
“Cheeky, pet.”
“Well if you don’t miss me then… maybe I shouldn’t come over later. I wouldn’t want to bug you-”
“I miss you!”
“Awwwwww! How sweeeeet!” Buffy squealed, making sure to emphasize her girly tone of voice.
He groaned. “I bloody well knew you’d tease me.”
“Well… duh.” She stated matter-of-factly.
“You never miss an opportunity, do you?”
“Again with the duh.”
He sighed happily. “That’s part of what I like about you, kitten.”
“Did I mention I love that nickname?”
“I’ll be sure to remember that. So, you still comin by after… lunch?” He spat the last word.
“That depends.”
“On?”
“Do you want me to?”
“Bloody hell.” He muttered. “Yes! I want you to.”
Buffy laughed a little. “Okay. After lunch I’ll come over.”
“Alright love. So, did-”
“Oh! Sorry Spike, Riley’s here. Gotta go!”
Spike sighed. “Bye, pet.”
“Bye.”
“See you-” *Click* “-later.”

Spike closed his phone and then remembered…

There was a punching bag in the basement.

***

The Riley lunch had gone by in a simple, albeit boring, hour. Buffy’s ex had apologized profusely and said he was getting help. Apparently his friends had talked with his dad and they all did sort of an intervention thing.

Riley wanted there to be as little weirdness between Buffy and himself as possible, and by the end of the meal, things felt… kind of comfortable.

Still, she left the table with a weight lifted off of her shoulders, she was no longer frightened, but she would always be cautious. And even though she had accepted Riley’s apology, Buffy made sure to stress that they would never ever be a couple again. EVER. Thankfully, Riley completely understood and promised to never approach her again on the subject.

After the awkwardness was out of the way, well as much as was possible, they enjoyed lunch for exactly thirty two minutes. Buffy, out of politeness, tried very hard not to show her eagerness to leave. She was thinking about Spike every other minute and really wanted to go. After sneakily inhaling her salad and turkey club, she gave Riley a thank you and a hand shake. Things were finally resolved.

As Buffy walked home she realized how normal and polite her ex had been. She remembered Riley acting like that at the beginning of their relationship. She understood now that it was pretty scary what alcohol could do to a person. And she also figured there was probably a lot more to Riley’s story, but for once, she really didn’t want to know what she didn’t... know. If that made any sense.

When the blonde approached her block, she headed straight for Spike’s house, knowing how freaked he had been about the whole Riley meal. She approached the door and went to ring the bell but when she leaned on the door, it swayed open. Buffy frowned. Might as well just go in.

Buffy made her way to the kitchen and called out for Spike. There was no answer. She walked passed a door and heard music, or what she imagined what supposed to be music, blaring behind it. She slowly opened the door and crinkled her nose when the sound got abruptly louder. “Spike?! Are you down there?!” She called out, but again no answer. Given, the music was so damn loud he wouldn’t have heard her anyway.

Buffy walked down the staircase and stopped dead at the bottom.

Completely oblivious to the loud racket pounding in her ears anymore, Buffy’s jaw hit the floor. The sight before her had her drooling. There was a VERY shirtless Spike beating the crap out of a punching bag. The light blue jeans he had on were ripped, yet still tight in all the right places. He had little white strips covering his knuckles and his profile was just breathtaking. His body was shiny with sweat and every muscle beneath his skin danced in beautiful movement with his punches. His hair was slicked back and his abs looked like… well, a Greek God’s. Buffy only had one coherent thought go through her head: That man is MINE!

To say that she was taken aback by this Brit‘s beauty would have been a HUGE understatement! She hid behind the staircase to continue watching him uninterrupted. He was just so damn sexy! She felt heat racing through her entire body. Was it possible to die of a heart attack because your boyfriend was so hot? If it was, she’d be feeling shooting pains up and down her left arm any minute now.

When Spike finally stopped punching the heavy bag and grabbed his water bottle to gulp its entire contents, Buffy tensed up. She should really just tell him she was there…

Spike paused, panting heavily as he looked around the basement. He could swear someone was watching him. When his nose caught the slight scent of apple, he knew his girl was around somewhere. She had different smells, all delectable and feminine, but each of them was laced with that unique scent that was Buffy.

Spike removed his hand wraps and went to the radio and shut off the CD he had playing. Then, he turned around and scanned the room. “Get out here.”

Buffy sighed and walked out from behind the staircase and boxes she’d been using as a wall. “How’d you- Whoa!”

Before she could finish, Spike had her in a tighter than tight hug. Then he attacked her lips with a fiery kiss. She tried to wrap her arms around his neck but was unable to move due to his muscular arms preventing all physical abilities that didn’t involve her mouth. Honestly though, she was enjoying the kiss too much to really care.

He finally pulled away from her mouth, but his lips were still busy placing smooch after smooch against her face.
She giggled. “Spike?”
“I missed you.”
“Well NOW someone doesn’t seem too worried about getting teased.”
“You’re with me. I can tease back.”
“Ah. I see.” She sighed contentedly as Spike trailed down her neck with nibbles and kisses. “Um... I can’t really move my arms, sweetie.”
Spike pulled back and looked at her face. “Huh?”
Buffy wriggled in his grasp. “You’re holding me kinda tight.”
“Oh!” He let go abruptly. “Didn’t hurt you did I?”

Buffy had to laugh at that.

He arched a brow. “Something funny?”
“You! You’re always worried about me getting hurt. Which is sweet, believe me, but I’m fine! You really have to relax a little bit, Spike.” She placed a quick kiss against his lips.
“Can’t help it. Don’t expect it to stop, pet.”
“I wouldn’t want it to. Just try to relax a little, for yourself.” She smiled.
Spike returned her grin and intertwined their fingers. “So how was lunch? Everything okay?”

Buffy couldn’t resist. In the most nonchalant voice she could muster, she answered her boyfriend conversationally. “Oh, well when I asked Riley about his drinking he smacked me, but after that-”
“What?!” Spike grabbed Buffy’s arms and pulled her close. “He touched you?!”

Buffy couldn’t stifle her giggle. “You’re too easy.”
His face didn’t relax for a second but his voice lowered to a confused calm. “What?”
“Joking here, Spike.”

Spike exhaled and relaxed. His face held nothing but relief at first, but then annoyance quickly took over. He let go of Buffy. “What the bloody hell was that for?!”
“Couldn’t help myself.” She continued giggling.
“Buffy, I was ready to go kill the bastard! You nearly gave me a sodding heart attack!”
She couldn’t help but smile even wider. “Aw, but you’re just so cute when you’re all big protector guy! I couldn’t help myself.”
“Christ it feels weird when your pulse goes from normal to 200 in less than two seconds.” He cocked his head and narrowed his eyes accusingly at the blonde in front of him.

Buffy pouted and averted her eyes. “Sorry…”

Spike smiled. She sounded like a three year old who had just gotten in trouble, and that damned lip… “Ooh, pouty. Look at that lip… gonna get it, gonna get…” And with that, their lips interlocked for yet another fervent kiss.

When the couple parted for air, Spike said something that had Buffy’s curiosity peaked. “So. Wanna try somethin new?”
“… Um, sure?”
“Don’t worry, love. S’nothin bad. It’ll be fun, I promise.”
“Last time you said that I almost got my hand wretched off.”
Spike frowned at that and Buffy immediately regretted bringing up her injury. They both knew she wasn’t blaming him for anything and her hand wasn’t that messed up, but sure enough, Spike took her wrist to check it over. “Forgot about this. D’you put ice on it?”
“Yes, Spike. I put ice on it. It’s fine now. I’m sorry I mentioned it.”
“It’s bruised.”
“Just a little. I’ll be okay.”

Spike continued eyeing her hand, frown still in place, and after a minute Buffy started to feel fidgety. “What were you talking about a second ago? What’ll be fun?”
Spike smiled and released her hand with a kiss. “Ever ride a motorcycle?”

Buffy’s eyes bulged. “What?”
“Ever ride a-”
“No! I- I heard you and no, I haven’t. And I am so, SO not going to!”
Spike smirked and Buffy had to take a step away from him in order to feel a little bit more in control of herself; more specifically her hormones.

“Why not?”
“Why- Are you kidding me?! Those things are-”
“Fun.”
“-deadly! I’m not getting on a motorcycle Spike!”
Her boyfriend tilted his head and pouted. “Why not? Don’t you trust me?”
He so did not just pull out that question! “Yes, but those things are dangerous!”
“C’mon, pet. I used to ride em all the time back in Chicago and now I’ve got one here. I know what I’m doin on a bike.”
“No. See, that’s where you’re wrong. A bike has turning pedals, baskets attached to the handle bars, a- and possibly pegs. BIKES do NOT go up to seventy miles an hour!”
“I won’t let you fall off, sweetheart.”
His eyes did a fluttery, blinky thing as he smiled and tilted his beautiful face once again. He almost had her giving in, but she shook her head to avoid possible swooning.
“What if you lose control or- or someone hits you. We could get in a- an accident or- anything! It isn’t safe. I- I don’t feel comfortable-”
“You’ll love it, I’m positive. And I most CERTAINLY won’t let anything happen to you. I promise you that.”

The last of his words were said with such conviction Buffy felt her resolve slipping again. She did trust him, solely and completely. But motorcycles had always given her the wiggins. She just wasn’t sure if she was ready. “Sp- Spike, I… I’m…”
“You’re what?” He asked, taking a step closer to her.

“Scared.”
“Buffy, look at me.”

Buffy turned her head up to meet his gaze. “You don’ have to be scared. I just wanna take you for a spin, yeah? Can you trust me?”
“I do trust you.”
“Then take a risk.”

The girl chewed on her lower lip for a minute.

Spike took her hands in his and pulled them up to his chest. “Pidge?”

She nodded. “Okay.”
End Notes:
Reviews please??? [cue the begging!] *puppy dog eyes* (and I know some of you may not agree on the whole 'alcohol changes people' thing but I've learned through experiences that it does affect some the way I had it affect Riley, so please no bashing) Also, I was SOOOO tempted to have Spike put a hand drawn picture of Riley on the punching bag but... I always kinda felt that spotlight belonged to Angel *grins!*
Chapter 15 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hey look! finally made myself a banner! :) Got the pix from blessed google images, and the rest was done on paint and PicMonkey.com (It used to be a different banner but i made a new one and added it 4/23/12). I'm totally amateur at banners so I know it isn't the best but I sorta like it :] Anyways, here is chapter 15. Hope ya like!! :) *WARNING: Some sappiness ahead*
Buffy was holding onto Spike in a vise grip as he sped down the street. He couldn’t read her thoughts, and for that she was thankful. Very thankful, because for the life of her, Buffy couldn’t understand why or when her opinion of motorcycles had changed. The moment Spike had started the bike- and yes, she was calling it a bike now –Buffy’s heart started racing in excitement. She hadn’t said a single word when he asked her if she was ready, only nodded her assent. And she hadn’t let go of his waist the entire time they were riding, not because she was scared, but because she was thrilled and energized like never before.



She loved it. She loved the bike, the wind, the speed, everything! Hell, even the disapproving looks they were getting from the townspeople as Spike revved through Moon Stream were making her smile. She wasn’t sure she was ready for her boyfriend to know just how much she loved this ride, or the fact that it was the most fun she’d had in her life. She was having a ball but she was still Buffy; Miss Must Keep Face. But if Spike kept gaining speed, she knew she’d be ripping off the helmet he gave her any minute now and throwing her arms up in the air.





Her platinum driver paused at a stop sign. “Wanna hit the highway, pet? I’ve only been able to top out around forty five on these roads.” He had to raise his voice over the sound of the engine.

Buffy lifted the visor on her helmet. “You’ve only been going forty five miles an hour?”

“Yeah. What d’you think I was goin?”

“Ummm… I don’t know. But the highway?”

“Yeah. How ‘bout it?”



Spike saw that gleam in her eye the second he had revved up the engine. He knew she was enamored with his two-wheeled baby. And the second he hit the pavement, her grip on his body had almost tightened enough to cut off his air supply, but he knew it was more from excitement than fear. Spike was positive Buffy was in love with the motorcycle as much as he was. That’s when the idea hit him to take this little adventure up a notch.



He knew what her answer was going to be before she even spoke.

“Let’s do it.”

He was right.

“Can I take the helmet off?”

That, he wasn’t expecting.

“What?”



“I don’t wanna wear the helmet. And something tells me that you wouldn’t have suggested the highway unless you knew how much I was enjoying this so, I want the helmet gone. I wanna feel the wind in my hair.”



Spike was speechless. Stunned. Completely caught off guard.



This woman was absolutely perfect.



He tore the helmet off her face and kissed her hard. When he pulled away he offered her the sunglasses he was wearing. “Don’t want bugs flying in those pretty eyes of yours.”

“Thanks.” She grinned.



“You’re welcome.” He smiled softly and pressed a kiss to her lips before pulling the helmet over his bleached head.

Spike sped off in the direction of the highway, performing a wheelie just to make Buffy squeal in delight.



***



Buffy had her arms above her head and her back leaned against the back of her seat. She held a bright smile and felt like she was flying. Never had speeding down a highway with her boyfriend on the back of a motorcycle been one of the things Buffy would have thought she’d do before she died. She couldn’t believe she used to think motorcycles were trashy and stupid. She had been completely wrong. They were fun and fast; cool and exhilarating. She was so happy she’d met Spike, for she would never have had set foot on a motorcycle if he hadn’t been her driver; she was sure of that.



Spike caught a glimpse of Buffy in his rear view mirror; she looked like she was on top of the world. Her smile was so bright, so beautiful. Her arms were raised and she would let out a “Wooh!” every now and then. God, she was truly amazing. He couldn’t believe she’d taken to the bike so quickly, but bloody hell if he wasn’t happy about it! He couldn’t wait to show her off to the gang. Buffy would love the circle and Spike’s friends would warm up to her instantly. He got the feeling she might even fit in better with his pals than he did. She was just so alive, sweet, and so kind; nobody could not love her.



Spike was pulled from his thoughts when a convertible to his right caught his attention. The car was one of those pricey new hot shots that cost a fortune and could only fit about five people comfortably. Except the guys in this cherry red coupé didn’t seem to be bothered by the sardine can they were currently riding in, for there were eight of the morons stuffed inside. And every one of them had their eyes set on Buffy.





The girl finally noticed the testosterone filled vehicle to her right. A group of boys were all yelling and whistling at her, calling her sexy and holding fake finger phones up to their ears while mouthing “Call me.” One of the guys even lifted up his shirt to show her his very unimpressive abs.

God, what douche bags…



Buffy glanced at a mirror attached to the head of the motorcycle and watched Spike’s face as he took notice of the little show the boys were putting on for her.



Despite the fact Spike was wearing a helmet Buffy could still read his face pretty well beneath the clear visor. First she saw what she was pretty sure was confusion, and then an eyebrow quirked. Annoyance flashed in his eyes followed by jaw clenching, which signaled more than a little anger.





Buffy decided to rectify this situation.



Spike was pulled out of his thoughts of how to run the convertible of blighters who insisted on hitting on his girl off the road when Buffy leaned in and wrapped her arms leisurely around his waist, tightening her legs against his outer thighs. He looked in his mirror just in time to catch her leaning in to kiss him on the shoulder and smile. Then he saw her turn toward the convertible and wave mockingly before bringing her hand back into place around his waist, and then resting her head against his back. Spike smirked, sent it in the direction of the now hollering males, and sped up abruptly, breaking the speed limit.



Buffy was being taken over by the velocity. The wind attacking her hair and the rush of the speed, she felt like she was a million miles away from everything she’d ever known. She felt like she was safe and like she was falling at the same time. She felt like she could do absolutely anything in that moment. For the first time ever she felt a combination of emotions that sent her into elation; she felt carefree, happy, lost, and a little…



Brazen.



Buffy leaned up toward Spike and licked his neck, causing him to swerve and almost lose control. Buffy simply giggled after he had found his place on the road again, and she almost broke out into hysterical laughter when he increased his speed and grinned devilishly beneath the visor.



Dear GOD, was she TRYING to kill them both?! He knew Buffy wasn’t afraid anymore but to actually do… The second Spike regained control of the bike he sped up and decided he wanted to stop somewhere- anywhere -ASAP. If he didn’t get to properly touch his girl soon he’d- Oh balls.



Buffy let her hand slip to Spike’s denim clad crotch, causing a serious stiffening of his back, and something else which made her blush. Having her head on his back once again, she heard him growl in response and smiled to herself. She loved riding the motorcycle, but she really wanted to drive him crazy and make him pull over just so she could kiss him. She missed his touch, the way he made her feel…



Spike almost lost control of the bike again when he felt Buffy nibbling his neck, her hand still placed on his lap. If she didn’t stop this soon, they were both going to crash. With relief Spike noticed an exit where he knew there was a nice little fast food joint not too far away. He sped up the ramp.



Buffy knew Spike was getting off the highway for the exact same reason she wanted to, which was good considering his smile was really getting to her. She still had a good view of his face in the rear view mirror and that mouth of his was just sooooo tempting to kiss. It was driving her batty.



So she decided that she wanted to drive him a little bit batty too…



Spike was grateful they had stopped at a red light when Buffy decided that dipping her hand into his jeans to grip his length would be a good way to drive him INSANE. He took in a sharp gasp and groaned at the feel of her hand. He was sure he was going to die on this motorcycle. Spike closed his eyes in pure tortured bliss and clenched his jaw, searching for control. Only a car honk brought him back to Earth and he quickly drove off in the direction of the fast food place.



Buffy felt a sense of womanly pride wash over her when she saw Spike’s reaction to her bold move. After he pulled away from the stop light she removed her hand, and she could tell her boyfriend was disappointed. But that was okay, he’d have her soon enough…



Spike pulled into the parking lot of a place called The Bunny Hutch not five minutes later. Buffy, smart girl that she was, decided it’d be fun to play a game…



Cat and mouse.



Said mouse hopped off the bike before Spike even had a chance to fully stop it and park. She dropped her sunglasses but didn’t bother to pick them up. She needed to run- fast –if she was going to get out of there. The girl was pretty sure she heard Spike call out her name right before the engine died, then when the roaring subsided, she was sure she heard him.



“Buffy!”

“Catch me if you can!” She called out in a sing song voice right before darting off into a wooded area.



Spike flew off of his bike in a blur of white and black as he charged after the giggling nymph who insisted on torturing him. Little tease…



Buffy ran like the wind, knowing Spike was hot on her tail. She stumbled over a couple rocks but didn’t let them slow her down. She heard him speeding towards her, leaves and twigs crushing underneath his feet making his approach noisy. When she heard a loud “Oomph!” followed by a “Bloody hell!” cursed from behind her, she had to laugh. An answering growl made her run faster.



Spike was ready to scream when he fell. He was getting so close to her but then his foot just had to find a tree root. And when Buffy laughed and managed to get even farther away from him, he had simply had enough.



Buffy ran as fast as her legs would carry her when she heard Spike quickly approaching again, and this time she could tell he had renewed vigor in his step. She jumped over rocks and bushes; ran around trees and dodged low branches. She started zigzagging, hoping it’d be harder for him to follow her path.



Buffy was still running when she realized she couldn’t hear Spike behind her anymore. She slowed down and came to a shaky stop, breathing heavily. She looked around but all she saw were green leafed trees and bright flowers decorating mossy earth. She looked up and could see bright sunshine shooting through breaks in the leafy ceiling of the forest. In the distance she could hear birds chirping and what sounded like a babbling brook, but no footsteps. She scrunched her nose in confusion.



Then she heard a twig crack.



“Oh… So you’re messin with me, hmm?” She turned in a circle while a smirk graced her lips. “Come out n’ play Spikey…” Buffy caught something out of the corner of her eye and smiled. Then she bolted in the opposite direction. “Too slow!” She shouted at the emptiness behind her.



Spike rolled his eyes at Buffy’s damn alertness. Why’d she have to be so bloody difficult? Couldn’t she see she was driving him to the edge? When he caught his golden girl he was going to show her exactly why you didn’t tease the Big Bad.



Spike dashed after her once again, this time not paying attention to anything except for the exquisite shape of his prey in the distance. She was fast and clever, turning whenever she could and making the chase extremely difficult. This whole situation was making him think seriously about quitting smoking. He didn’t light up that often but knew his lungs would be grateful if he stopped altogether.



When Buffy turned a corner she came to a fork in the road. She took a second to look at both paths before choosing the one that was less traveled by. She ducked behind a wide tree trunk to catch her breath.



Spike stopped at the forked path, breathing heavily as he debated which way the little pixie would have chosen. He thought he heard her cough to his left and caught a glimpse of movement just to the side of a large tree trunk.



Left it is then.



As he approached he kept quiet, stepping only on cleared patches of ground and flat stones. He didn’t dare breathe, he moved stealthily, like a cat.



Buffy heard something behind her but before she could run Spike was in front of her.



The Brit caught sight of Buffy’s flushed face, her sparkling and startled eyes staring up at him, her golden wispy locks of hair framing her delicate features. He didn’t think it was possible but his desire for her increased.



He grabbed hold of her arms and yanked her close.
End Notes:
What did ya guys think??? I'm dying now, I gotta know! Oh, and The Bunny Hutch is a cute little fast food place that's located right next to a miniature golf place in my city. Thought it'd be cute to add it into the story.
**Just a little bit of smut coming in the next chapter**
Chapter 16 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I wish I could give away cookie dough covered Spikes to all of my beautiful readers and reviewers, you guys keep me writing! but since I cannot offer such a prize, I promise angst in future chapters, and for now, I give you a little smut (actually, this whole chapter is smut) 3:) Enjoy!
Hard, demanding lips crashed into hers. Spike dove his tongue into Buffy’s mouth before she could even think, causing both of them to moan. She gripped Spike’s shoulders, digging her nails into the leather of his Duster. She didn’t realize it until now but the chase had made her want this, want HIM, with a burning intensity she’d never felt before. She’d known the game would drive HIM crazy, but BUFFY hadn’t expected to feel like this…





The girl was suddenly pushed up against the tree she’d been using as a wall, Spike’s body crashing into hers.





Spike’s hips locked Buffy’s in place as he ground against her, making her mewl in the back of her throat. His tongue dueled with hers in a heated battle until they finally parted for air. He couldn’t stop touching her. He nipped at her lips and continued placing kiss after kiss against her mouth but not delving his tongue back in for a taste until he’d caught his breath. His hands were holding her arms in a grip so tight it was bruising, but neither blonde cared or noticed.





Buffy went to say something but was cut off when Spike took advantage of her open mouth and dove back in with his tongue.





She forgot what she’d planned to say.





Spike moved away from her mouth when they needed air once again and started licking and nibbling her neck. He found the hickey he’d planted on her a couple days before, fading a little bit. He bit down on the bruise, eliciting a sharp gasp from the girl in his arms. Then he proceeded to darken the mark.





Buffy wasn’t even aware of the sounds that kept jumping from her throat. The only two things either teen were focusing on were each other and the mutual need to touch.





Spike finally moved his hands away from Buffy’s arms and wrapped his around her waist, she in turn, wrapped her arms around his neck. There was literally no room left between them.





As if of its own volition, her right leg raised up to lock around Spike’s upper thigh. He quickly lifted her and Buffy wrapped both her limbs around his hips.





The bleached teen raised his head from her neck to maul his girlfriend’s mouth once again. Their lips stayed locked for what seemed like hours, the need for oxygen not as important as the desperate need for each other.





Spike held one arm around her waist while the other found its way beneath her top. Buffy’s fingers were busy clawing at her boyfriend’s back beneath his T-shirt and duster, unknowingly fueling his arousal while leaving behind red scratch marks.





It was unnatural, how much the two craved each other, but it felt anything BUT unnatural. They fit perfectly together, in more ways than they realized. Spike finally pulled away from Buffy’s mouth long enough to place his forehead against hers, his fingers still working their magic beneath her bra.





“Anyone ever tell you it’s not nice to tease, Summers?” He spoke huskily and the sound shot straight through Buffy’s body.


Her eyes were still tightly shut. “I-” Gasp. “I- I…”





“Yeah?”


One look into his lust filled eyes and she was through trying to produce sentences. “God, just stop talking.” And with that, she pulled his mouth back to hers.





Spike was happy to adhere to her request, or rather, her demand. His girl was a bossy little chit who took what she wanted, and he loved it.





Said chit thought she was going to die. Spike’s fingers were rapidly turning her nipples into sharpened peaks while the hardness beneath his jeans kept hitting the EXACT right spot through her pants. She was burning; every part of her was set ablaze. She had him, his mouth still mauling hers, but she needed more. She wanted more.





Spike felt like he was being split in two, in the good way. Buffy’s lips were like soft pieces of heaven made especially for him while her tongue was the devil’s creation prepared to drive him mad.





“God Buffy…” He moaned after they pulled apart once more for air, his face going straight to her neck.


“Spike…” Her voice was a breathy whisper. “Want you…”


“You’ve got me, love. Christ, you’ve got me.”





“No I…” She wasn’t quite sure how to ask this but, as Spike would say, bloody hell if she wasn’t going to inquire. She’d never wanted a man this much before and she wasn’t the least bit scared, just a tad… shy and embarrassed? Yeah, those were the right words. Those were the EXACT right words… and okay, she was scared too but that didn’t stop her from yearning. That wasn’t going to stop her from asking for what she wanted... as well as she could anyway. “I want to-” Gulp. “I want…”





Spike paused the hand beneath her shirt and looked into Buffy’s cloudy green eyes. Her face was flushed and her lips swollen. She looked absolutely beautiful but he saw a question beneath the haze; and it was mixed with lust that was burning deep. He also saw a glimmer of fear, and he wanted to make THAT vanish forever. “What is it Buffy?”





She swallowed her nerves and decided she’d better just spit it out or she would never ask. “Feel you. I- I want to… feel you, and I want you to- to feel me.” Buffy mentally groaned. Well that wasn’t vague at all! Stupid words…





Spike caught on to her meaning quite clearly, however. How could he not with the sheepish way she was looking at him. In that moment Spike knew that he was completely hers. Her sweet little pout, her big beautiful eyes currently hidden behind ink black lashes, her golden mussed hair; every part of her drew him in. He was in the palm of her hand and should she choose to crush him, he would crumble. Should she choose to hold him close and cherish him, he’d be complete. He had sworn he’d never get in deep with another woman after Drusilla, but Buffy was nothing like his ex. She was kind and warm, good and sweet. Buffy was honey while Dru had been molasses.





He was terrified of how quickly he was falling for Buffy, but that didn’t mean he was going to make an effort to stop it. It was way too late to even try. William’s heart combined with Spike’s headstrong determination meant that love was always his motivation, and Buffy was the one he wanted, she was the one he was driving for. He was afraid but he wasn’t stopping, he didn’t even want to at this point. He just hoped he didn’t screw anything up.





Buffy’s chin was lifted to meet a pair of glimmering blue eyes, ones that were so intense she felt she wouldn’t be able to move. Very slowly Spike closed the distance between them to give her a tender kiss, a kiss that made her head spin so fast she thought she might fall over. Thankfully, she was in Spike’s arms. She knew she was safe there, always.





Without losing contact with his lips, Buffy felt him remove his hand from her chest and lower her back to the ground. Before she could ask why he’d moved she felt his fingers lowering the zipper on her jeans. For a moment she panicked, then Spike pulled away and looked into her eyes, and she knew that he understood what she needed but also what she wasn’t ready for.





She knew he understood this with just a look into his eyes.





Spike undid her jeans and slid the top of them down to mid thigh. Buffy’s breath was coming in pants now, and she never lost eye contact with Spike. His crystal blue gaze quieting all her fears, reassuring her over and over again that he had her, that he was there. His sweet face making her warm while his hand was making her quiver.





With a gulp, Buffy brought her shaking hands to Spike’s belt, slowly undoing it. He had one hand tracing over the fabric of her underwear while the other rested on her hip. She bit her lip subconsciously, trying to focus. She felt like there were a million butterflies flying around in her stomach, and they had teeth.





Spike‘s hand suddenly dipped into her lacy underwear, and Buffy stilled all movement with a gasp.





Spike hissed at the first feel of her. Soft curls, a tiny bit of rough bristle where she’d obviously shaved, and the warm wetness that made his mouth water. As his fingers danced over her sodden folds he knew she’d stopped moving, but he was planning to rectify that.





Buffy started to relax as Spike continued teasing her. He cleverly avoided the place she wanted- needed –his touch the most, working her up. She could tell by the evil glint in his eyes he knew exactly what he was doing and she suddenly remembered his belt. She’d forgotten about her task. With a shaky yet contented sigh and a teasing smile, Buffy reached for her boyfriend’s buckle.





Spike groaned and leaned his forehead back against his girlfriend’s when he felt her hand against his cock. Her touch was hesitant, and he figured without the speed of a motorcycle exciting her, she was feeling a little more self conscious. He continued to pleasure her, reveling in every little gasp and moan that tore from her lips. Very slowly he slipped one finger inside her entrance, his eyes scrunching closed at the feel of her tightness.





Buffy’s eyes rolled up in her head when Spike slid a finger inside her, and she squirmed and squeaked when she felt the heel of his hand press deliberately against her clit. Her jeans only allowed so much space for him to maneuver, but the angle seemed to be perfect for her as she climbed higher and higher toward bliss. Spike gripped the girl’s hip to steady her. “Feel good, sweetheart?”





All she could do was nod and bite her lip. When she felt the heat inside her start rising to even higher degrees, she decided it was time to give a little. The girl freed her boyfriend’s cock from his jeans.





Spike had been using all of his control to prevent himself from pushing Buffy to touch him, to feel him like she’d asked. He knew she had to take her time, and that they had to go at a slow pace. She’d never done something like this before and he wanted her to feel comfortable making her own moves. So when she gently glided her nails down the length of him and started to pump his cock he almost jumped for joy, but instead settled for an appreciative moan followed up by a smirk.





Buffy smiled when she saw the look of ecstasy on Spike’s face. Between the sensations he was making her feel and the things she knew she was doing to him, she was elated with feminine pride. When she finally decided to actually LOOK to where her hand was at work, her eyes widened in surprise. She had felt how large he was, but feeling and seeing were two different things. It wasn’t like she had tons of experience with this stuff, hell she had none, but she knew enough to know that Spike was- for lack of a better word –HUGE.





Spike noticed the way Buffy’s eyes sparkled when she took a glance down to where her perfect little hand was slowly driving him to the brink. He felt the way her walls clenched around his finger that was still pumping in and out of her wet channel. He slowly inserted a second digit and was rewarded with an “unh!” from the angel in his arms.





Buffy leaned in and kissed her guy soundly, his tongue intertwining with hers almost instantly. She, without breaking contact with Spike’s lips, used her free hand to reach inside his jeans and gently squeeze his balls. The next thing she knew there were three fingers rapidly bringing her to the edge, while Spike’s mouth became more demanding.





Every moan and mewl coming from her was driving him mad with lust. It’d never been like this before with women, not even Dru. He felt a connection with Buffy, an overwhelming power that consumed him when she was around; and the closer they got and the more he touched of her body and soul, the more he craved. Spike was a Buffy junkie, and there was no going back, he knew that now. What he had felt with Drusilla hadn’t even been this powerful, this real or honest.





Buffy’s hand squeezed him inside his jeans again while the other started pumping his length faster, eliciting a moan of approval from her guy. Spike pulled away to look into her eyes. “Christ, Buffy… you tryna kill me?” He asked in a husky tone as he started rubbing her clit faster.





She whimpered and started breathing harder, her release was rapidly approaching. “It- It feels…” Gasp. “g- good?”





Spike almost balked at that. “Does it feel- God, you really have no idea- ah! -what you do to me do you?” He spoke in a raspy and rushed tone, trying desperately to control his voice.





She didn’t answer.





“Buffy, I-” Hiss. “-no one has ever-”He gasped when she gripped his length particularly hard on an upstroke. “Do that again- Yeah, just like that. Mmm, Bloody- Fuck! You.” Pant. “Are.” Pant. “Amazin’.” He was pushing himself back into her hand now.





Buffy blushed at his praise, and considering what they were doing, Spike found it beyond endearing. When she never said anything and just started to mewl and jerk her hips madly, Spike knew she was close. He leaned in by her ear and licked and nipped just beneath it. When she started pumping him and squeezing him more enthusiastically, he could feel his own release on its way. Never before had he been so turned on and even though he knew Buffy was a beginner at everything she was currently doing, the girl hid it really damn well. She was pulling out all the little tricks that would make any man squirm and explode, Spike was surprised even HE had lasted this long.





She was twisting her hand as she moved it up and down his length, softly scraping her nails every so often, circling her thumb around the head, and occasionally tracing her fingernail lightly along the largest vein. While her other hand was having a good old time just playing with his balls and basically pushing Spike to the farthest of edges.





For Buffy, studying Spike and trying to gage his reactions while still being pleasured and brought to the highest of heights was incredibly difficult, but she managed.





God, he is SO good at this… Oooo, that was- Oh my god! Buffy’s mind was screaming the words and praises her lips could only seem to offer up in moans and grunts.





Never missing a beat, Spike raised his other hand to tease Buffy’s nipples underneath her shirt, all the while whispering in her ear. “I love makin you squirm, pet. You look glorious right now, all shaky and hot. Do you like feelin my fingers inside you? Pumpin in and out, makin you wet? Christ, the way you look- All warm and writhing in my arms. Tell me, baby. Tell me how it feels.” His hot breath against her sensitive flesh combined with his sexy voice and words was going to be the end of her.





Buffy answered him with a throaty moan.





“Mmmm, I like that sound but- uhn! -I wanna hear… the words, baby. Tell me. Does it feel good, being fucked by my fingers?” He was getting closer and his voice was laced with need.





Buffy’s hand was now on automatic, she was too busy drowning in pleasure to focus really well. So it took Spike stopping his movements to finally get her to respond. “Wh- Why d’you-”





“Answer me. How’s this feel?” He punctuated his question with a deep push on her clit, causing Buffy to shudder.





“G- good. God, sooooooo good.” She sighed in pleasure as he started working her again at a furious pace. Her hand began speeding up on his cock while the other moved to tug on the hairs at the nape of his neck. Hard.





Spike hissed. He was going to cum, but he wanted Buffy’s release first. “God, you’re so warm, so wet for me. Can’t wait to taste you, bet you’re divine, probly taste like sweet cream.” He pushed harder on her clit. “Let it go, love.” She closed her eyes and started breathing harder. “That’s it, just feel. Who’s makin you cum right now, princess? Whose fingers are inside you, making you writhe and moan? Say it baby, tell me who’s makin you all slick and hot? Whose cock are you imagining is pushing in and out of your tight little quim?”





She was going to die.





He growled and bit down on her neck when she didn’t respond. Buffy whimpered and finally managed to whisper his name. Spike nibbled on that special spot behind his girl’s ear and pinched a nipple- hard, and Buffy was gone. The exquisite sensations of warmth and ecstasy overrode all of the girl’s senses as she let out a crying sound, made in pure rapture.





Spike came into his girlfriend’s palm the second he felt the rush of liquid heat hit his fingers.





As the exquisite pleasure slowly faded, the couple leisurely assisted each other in coming back down to Earth, lazily pumping and rubbing to help one another feel purely sated.





Buffy had never felt so blissfully relaxed before. She was on cloud nine. Spike was using one arm to lean heavily against the tree as he slowly removed his hand from his girlfriend’s panties, and licked his fingers clean. His eyes rolled up at the delectable taste and he felt his cock twitch, despite the load he’d just shot. Buffy’s pupils dilated at the act, and she was feeling hot all over again, not to mention intrigued. The curious female got an idea.





Spike audibly gulped when Buffy looked him dead in the eye, raised the hand that was covered in his cum up to her mouth, and daintily licked it clean from wrist to fingertips. The bleached boy slammed his girlfriend up against the tree trunk and plundered her mouth once again.
End Notes:
OK I know I'm a review whore, but I want MORE! Please review!! :) I'm seriously getting worried that people are losing interest in this story but I can't leave it unfinished. I'm also really nervous about this chapter because I'm not so good at the smut writing, so reviews would be sooooo of the good. *pouts* Please? I still love you guys though, even if you choose not to review!! :)
Chapter 17 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Thanks so much 4 the reviews you guys!!! Now okay, since it's my bday I really wanted to just chill and spend it as a complete hermit and write and post a new chappie! Here's 17, hope you enjoy! *AGAIN serious cheesiness ahead. I promise not everything is gonna be perfect in this story, there will be angst... it just turns out my muse is in a fluffy mood as of late, but it's comin I promise!*
The kiss slowly went from frenzied to tender. When they finally pulled apart, Buffy and Spike were immediately grinning like idiots before they began kissing once again. Her boyfriend took her face in his hands and spoke between sweet smoochies. “Incredible. Bloody incredible, Buffy. God, tell me you felt good, too. Tell me no one else has ever gotten to touch like that.” His eyes were closed and he had a half smile on his face while his forehead rested against hers.

She almost teased him but decided against it and answered truthfully. “No one.” She leaned against the tree trunk. “I don’t think I’ll be able to stand unless you hold me up, baby.”

He chuckled and pecked her one last time on the lips. “I’ll carry you everywhere, Goldilocks. Soddin everywhere.”
“Ooh, is that a promise?” She asked with a lazy smile.
He leaned forward and bit her earlobe as he kindly pulled up her pants to zip and button them closed. Then he whispered, “I am your willin slave, Summers.”

Buffy blinked. Maybe she’d heard an acceptance, or perhaps it was a hint of pathetic knowledge that had coated his voice as those words hit her ears. It was tiny, almost imperceptible, but she didn’t like it. There was just SOMETHING in the way he’d said that statement… Buffy tugged Spike away from her hair which he was so happily burrowing his face in, and looked at him with a confused expression. “I don’t want you to be a slave, Spike. You do realize were equals in this.”

The man had to blink a few times before he realized what Buffy had just said. Then he titled his head and looked at her in awe. She was an angel. She didn’t want to walk all over him, take advantage, or command him like a puppet. She wanted him as an equal, nothing less. Not a slave, or a puppy to follow her around, but a real sodding equal. Spike had known all of this before, but hearing her actually say it and knowing that she meant it… Well, the man had never felt so complete before.

Drusilla had used him and the second she’d found someone better, she had moved on. The woman had taken her insane ramblings and starry visions to another bloke. She’d cared about Spike, for a little while anyhow, but then she’d gotten over it. With Dru, he’d been a willing slave, and he was currently one for the blonde in his arms. He’d happily stay that way for Buffy, too, but she’d said no. She wanted him to be WITH her, not cater to her.

Buffy smiled at her guy and gently tucked him back into his jeans. Spike just kept looking at her like she was made of gold.

The golden figurine wrapped her arms around the man’s neck and leaned into him. Spike quickly brought his arms around her tiny frame and smiled tenderly. “Thank you.”
She frowned but responded sweetly. “For what, boyfriend?”

Spike couldn’t help himself. He smirked and lifted Buffy off of her feet, twirling her around as she giggled and squealed.

Buffy’s question was answered without Spike even having to respond.

***

The blonde duo walked hand in hand through the forest, trying to find their way back to the parking lot. They’d been walking for about ten minutes and neither really knew if they were headed in the right direction or not.

That is, until Spike tripped and stumbled over a very familiar and infuriating tree root. “Yep. Were on the right track.”

“Are you sure?” Buffy asked as she too regained her balance and her boyfriend stood straight once again.
“This bloody tree root.”
“What about it?”
“Same damn thing I tripped over when I was running after your perky little ass.”
She mock gasped. “Are you blaming me for our little predicament?”
“Damn right, pet.” He responded in all seriousness.

Buffy blinked. What? “Wait, I was just kidding… are you seriously saying this is my fault?”
“Well, if you hadn’t gone and run off then we wouldn’t be lost now would we?” Spike wasn’t actually angry, but it was fun to watch his little firecracker go off.
“Are you joking? You ran too, ya know. If you didn’t want to go after me, you didn’t have to. I couldn’t help we got LOST.” She had her hands on her hips now.

Spike looked over at Buffy when she wretched her hand away from his. The bleached blonde refused to smile. God, she was beautiful when she was aggravated. “If I hadn’t gone after you, YOU woulda gotten lost.”
She balked. “I would have STOPPED running if you hadn’t chased me! Jeez, I can’t believe you’re blaming me for this! It isn’t my fault!”

Spike resisted the urge to maul her mouth. “Well pidge, next time you wanna go runnin off on your own as a method of teasin me, just remember…” He took a step closer to his girl. “that I’ll ALWAYS chase you.”

Buffy took a deep breath to get a hold of herself. Ever since the heavy petting they’d done not fifteen minutes ago, she was reacting even more strongly to his presence. Her boyfriend took a step closer, seeming to be staring at her like she was a piece of meat. He was closing in and- Wait, a second.

Buffy crossed her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow. “You’re teasing me.”
Spike huffed and rolled his eyes. “Fine. You caught me. But I can’t help myself. You’re sexy when you’re mad.” He tucked his tongue behind his teeth and quirked his scarred eyebrow.
She narrowed her eyes and bit her lip. “So that’s YOUR version of foreplay? Pissing me off?”
“Well… I have MANY versions, love, but… I just ADORE seeing you all hot and fumin.” He smirked once again.

Buffy slowly backed away, all thought of escaping the forest suddenly forgotten. “Well ya know… my version of foreplay, as you’ve already seen…” She turned around and winked over shoulder before whispering, “is much more interesting.”

Then she bolted.

Spike didn’t let her get far this time. He wrapped an arm around her waist before she could move even five feet, and hauled her back to his chest.

“You’re jus’ a lil minx, aren’t you?” He whispered hotly in her ear while rubbing his hardening erection against her bum.
Buffy stifled a giggle and then spoke in the most innocent voice she could muster while he was licking her sensitive neck. “What do you mean?”
“Ya know… I forgot to talk to you ‘bout those lil stunts you pulled when we were on the bike. Pretty brave of you considerin you’d been so frightened of crashing before you sat down on the thing. Really shouldn’t distract someone while they’re driving. S’not nice.” That one was a loooooong hot whisper.
The girl was panting now. “You didn’t seem to be complain- Eep!” Buffy squeaked when he pinched her butt, none too gently.
“You almost made me get in an accident, you know that?”
“But you didn’t.”

“Barely.” He swiftly moved in front of the woman, leaning his forehead against hers, and Buffy realized she really liked his tendency to do the forehead thing. “You’re not as innocent as you look.”
“Maybe I’m not. But, as I recall, I did try and tell you that.” Her hands found purchase on his upper arms.

“That you did.” He leaned in and kissed her hard. Buffy immediately started seeking friction and Spike moved his bent knee in between her legs. When they pulled apart, breathing raggedly, Buffy whispered against his lips. “Promise you’ll never kiss another girl like that.”

He tugged her closer and she moved her fingers into his hair. “I’ve NEVER kissed another girl like that, Buffy. You drive me barmy and I want you constantly . No one else matters to me.”

Buffy was pretty sure “barmy” meant crazy, but she figured he meant it in the good way, so she hesitantly asked a question about something that had been taunting her since last night. “… What about the Drusilla girl?” She spoke so quietly Spike almost didn’t hear her.

But he responded truthfully when he did. “Nothin on you, Buffy. NOTHING. What I felt for her pales in comparison to what I feel for you.” Spike was urging her to believe him, for he meant it with everything he was. He needed Buffy to trust him on this, to know how much he cared for her.

Buffy was well aware of the fact that she was falling in love with Spike. And it was stronger that when she’d fallen the last time. This man understood her and made her laugh. And she trusted him more than she’d ever trusted any of her exes. Hell, Spike had won her trust quicker than ANYONE had ever done before. They held a connection and Buffy was falling for him. For his strength and his kindness, his heart and his strong will, his smirks and his Billy Idol hair. She was falling for HIM.

She was also well aware of the fact that Spike had been in love with Drusilla, at least he said he had been, so she asked him this: “But you loved her…”

Spike knew there was no going back, and he didn’t want to scare the girl, so he answered her truthfully, but held back the wealth of emotion that had pushed itself to the tip of his tongue and was begging to be said. “I did.” He nodded and then kissed her again.

Buffy felt like she was flying.

When they separated, Spike needed to take his turn. He shut his eyes tight and held Buffy close, their breath mingling together. “That Angel bloke… Do I… I- I mean I understand if not but do you think-

“You’re more to me. So much more, Spike. He was the past, and I’ve changed; and you’re helping me find another part of myself, too. You’re my now and who I want as my future.”

She meant all of it.

Even though they hadn’t said THE words, the ones they did share were exactly what both of them needed right then and there. Their mouths fused together once again for a passionate kiss.

“You’re mine now, Spike. MINE.” Buffy breathily declared with desperation coating her voice as they parted for air. She’d never felt so possessive of a guy before, but she cared far too much about Spike to think of losing him.

He muttered something that sounded like, “Bloody hell, I’m done for,” and kissed her heatedly. The man cupped her rosy cheeks in his hands. Then he nuzzled his nose against hers before biting her lips. “And you’re ALL mine.” Spike almost growled the statement. “When those wankers in that bloody convertible saw you, all I wanted to do was grab you and show them that you’re mine, NO ONE else’s.” More sexy growling.

There was so much need, so much emotion in those words that they made Buffy’s heart flutter. Her blood was racing at a speed she hadn’t known possible. The way he’d said it, just the way those words sounded on his tongue, they didn’t scare her. They didn’t sound like a warning or a threat, but a protective want, a passionate statement that he wouldn’t- couldn’t -accept not to be true. She felt more cherished than ever in that moment.

And knowing that her feelings were returned, she felt so light the girl could have sworn she was floating.

She leaned up and brought her mouth to his. The kiss was frenzied, and when they finally broke apart, Buffy spoke in a fervent whisper. “Yours. Oh God, all yours."

***

When the couple finally found their way out and emerged from the forest, hands entwined, they decided it would be a good idea to get some food. The Bunny Hutch was a small little fast food place Spike had been ecstatic to find. He’d almost bent down on his knees and kissed the ground in front of the entrance of the tiny little restaurant the day he’d discovered it, for he was ridiculously grateful to have finally located a decent, greasy burger joint.

Buffy had never actually eaten here, so she asked Spike to surprise her with something. She wasn’t a picky eater, and the only thing she was really particularly craving was a strawberry milkshake.

The blonde girl sat at a small picnic table right outside of The Bunny Hutch and gave Spike a kiss on the cheek before her man disappeared inside to get the food.

***

Spike stepped up to the short counter where a red head was standing at the register. Behind were only three other people. Two were busy chatting while the third was standing over a grill. Spike and Buffy were the only two customers at the moment so the place was pretty dead.

The second the red headed girl laid her bored eyes on Spike, they bugged and then started to glitter. She instantly threw on her most flirtatious smile and asked him what he wanted to order. Spike smiled charmingly and then asked for two large burgers with everything, one order of fries, one strawberry milkshake, and a bottle of root beer.

The red head wrote everything down and handed it to one of her coworkers. Then she quickly turned back to the Brit and started batting her eyelashes. “Nice accent, cutie. From England huh?"

Spike smirked at her blatant attitude. She was cute enough, built nicely, but the only girl he was interested in was currently sitting outside waiting for him. But he responded to the chit’s question, no need to be rude. “That I am.”
“Are all the guys over there this hot?” She eyed him appreciatively.

Spike snorted. The girl smirked a smirk that could rival one of his own. “You’re a forward one, aren’t you?”
“Mhmm. I don’t like to waste my time with pointless small talk.” She bit her lip and looked at the stranger coquettishly. “Got a name?”
“Wouldn’t that fall under the category of ‘pointless small talk’?”
“Not if it gets us somewhere more interesting.” She smiled.
Spike rolled his eyes. This girl was just bold as all hell. “Name’s Spike. And listen, I’m just waitin for the food. Not really lookin to exchange life stories and whatnot here, pet.”
“Ooh! ‘Pet.’ I like that.” She leaned forward over the counter, giving Spike a nice view of her cleavage. “So, ‘Spike,’ how’d ya get that nickname?” She shamelessly let her eyes roam over the Brit’s body, lingering around his belt area.
Spike quirked a brow. This girl was worse than Faith. “Borin story, wouldn’t be one worth tellin. Listen, I’m here with som-”
“I’m Madison.” She stood straight, pushing out her chest as she tapped a perfectly manicured nail against her plastic nametag. “But I let my friends call me Maddie.” She batted her eyelashes once again.

Spike mentally groaned. Seriously, this girl needed a reality check. She was attractive enough, and if he were single, Spike probably would have been very interested. Except he wasn’t single and he wouldn’t give up Buffy for the world. Besides, this chick was hot, but no one held a candle to the golden girl outside.

“Well, Madison…” He was sure to stress her name. “Can I pay you for the food now? No offense but I’m really not here to flirt, just want the grub.”
“Oh sure.” She took the money he handed her. “And no offense taken, baby. You’ll find I’m a very thick skinned gal, takes a lot to hurt me.” She handed Spike back his change and receipt.

“Don’t think I’ll be finding out much of anything, love. M’not available.” He pocketed his change and nodded.

“Really?” She frowned. “Huh. You seem more the type that doesn’t like to be… tied down so to speak.” She undid her ponytail and shook her dark red hair free, letting it lay around her shoulders. “I know I do, though.” Then she winked.

***

Buffy lay outside of The Bunny Hutch on a picnic table seat, enjoying the feel of the warm sunshine beating down on her face. She sighed happily and sat up, turning back toward the entrance. Spike had gone in just a couple of minutes ago, and Buffy thought back to what they’d done in the woods.

She blushed.

She had never done something like that with a guy. The make out sessions she had participated in with her past boyfriends were as far as she’d ever gone before Spike appeared. Not even Angel and she had done anything under the clothes. She’d just never felt ready. And all of her boyfriends had respected that. Not including Parker, the ass. Except Buffy knew, that Spike would respect her decision to wait if she didn’t want to do anything skin to skin again. The thing was though, Buffy didn’t want to wait. The teenager wasn’t quite prepared for sex yet, but she wanted to try other things.

If Buffy were really honest with herself though, she would say that being READY was never really what had stopped her from experimenting sexually in the past. The truth of the matter was that she was extremely curious AND willing, but she’d never had someone who made her WANT to follow the naughty little instincts inside her brain.

Angel was all about respect and patience, which was all well and good but, it wasn’t what she needed. Parker was just a sloppy teenage… boy. It wouldn’t have been right. Riley was just really… big. He kind of made her feel like an ant. Plus, he was so simple. He used to be nice, but that was all he ever was; before the guy went insane, that is. Finally there was Owen, but he never made her hot or made her skin tingle, he was just a cutie. Buffy wanted someone who would make her shiver, and Angel had, but he wasn’t enough. She needed a guy who wasn’t boring, had his own flair, would cause her to melt with just a look, and was someone she could really care about. The kind of guy who would really care about her, who wanted HER, and would teach her things that most people only read about.

Underneath it all, Buffy Anne Summers was a vixen. She had never been a slut, and she wouldn’t screw around with just anyone, but she WANTED to try everything. Absolutely everything. With somebody special who could be her teacher.

Then Spike came along.

She smiled. He was the guy. And he was helping to open her up. She just really hoped she didn’t get hurt.

The blonde turned her head toward The Bunny Hutch and peered through the windows. Huh. She hadn’t noticed that red haired girl befo-

Scratch that. Red haired BIMBO!

A cashier girl with dark red hair wasn’t taking an order or making idle chit chat, but she was totally flirting with Spike! MY Spike, Buffy mentally raged. The ho-bag was pushing her boobs out and licking her lips obsessively.

The Summers girl stood. No one hits on my boyfriend!

She walked into The Bunny Hutch with confident determination. The red headed hussy was letting her hair down in an attempt to look sexy just as Buffy approached and heard her speak. “I know I do, though.”

***

Spike never noticed Buffy entering the building. One minute Madison, the cashier girl who didn’t know when to give up, was flirting, and the next, Buffy was linking arms with him.

“Hi baby. Is our food almost ready?” Buffy looked up at him, frowning innocently.

Madison’s expression changed instantly from flirty to annoyed. She huffed. “It’ll be ready soon, honey.” She responded snidely.

Buffy wanted to hit the girl the way she said “honey” like that. What a ballsy little bitch. The blonde smiled sweetly. “Oh good! I’m pretty hungry. My boyfriend and I worked up quite an appetite earlier.” She winked for good measure.

Spike almost balked. His girl was a possessive little thing. It was just as well, he sure as hell was territorial.

They were a perfect fit.

But Madison didn’t seem to think so. “Which boyfriend of the week was that?” She asked with snarky sweetness.

Buffy almost lunged across the counter, but instead linked her fingers with Spike’s and placed a possessive arm around his middle. “Only have one. Spike here is all I need to satisfy me.” She smiled again before replacing it with a faux sympathetic pout. “Why, can’t you find a guy that’ll stick around?”
Spike heard a couple of snickers from the people in the back. Madison’s nostrils flared. “I-”
“Order up!” A sweet looking blonde bumped Madison out of the way and handed a big brown paper bag over to Spike who nodded his thanks. “Have a good one, guys.” She smiled cheerily.

Buffy responded kindly. “We will, you too.” Spike smirked and wrapped an arm around his girlfriend. Just before they exited, Buffy stopped her guy to give him a long, sweet lingering kiss.

Their mouths connected and she let her tongue out just a little to sample his lips. He tasted like smoke and an earthy blend of deliciousness that she could only describe as Flavor o’ Spike. His tongue poked out to play with hers and she relished in the softness just before pulling away.

Buffy wiggled her fingers in the cashier girl’s direction before dragging a grinning Spike out the door.
End Notes:
Review please!! :) I plan on writing the stuff that will have me pulling out my hair in stress very soon. I promise you I'll be bald by the end of this fic!
Chapter 18 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
OKAY, had a lot of time today so here is #18 as well! Be sure to read 17 first cuz I posted em both today! Hope you like!
Spike handed Buffy her milkshake and burger from the bag. He still couldn’t stop grinning. It was just so… fun to see his kitten release her claws like that. Who knew she could get so snarky. And she did it the whole time with a smile on her face.



As they sat eating and talking, the topic of the circle came up. “So pet, how would you like to come meet a few friends of mine? See me race?” Spike asked while taking a large bite of his burger.



Buffy stopped sipping her milkshake and turned toward the bleached boy with a frown. “You want me to meet your friends?”

“Course. Why wouldn’t I?” He tilted his head.



“No reason.” She munched on her burger while Spike stared at her. “Schu thnk thal like meh?” Buffy spoke while furiously chewing her meal.



Spike understood her without a problem, which was strange considering she had a mouth full of food. “They’ll love you, Summers.”

She swallowed. “Well…” She smiled suddenly, and hugged him. “I’d love to meet em! Aaaaand I really wanna see you race.” She pulled away to look into his bright blue eyes.



Spike grinned. “Wanna see me in action huh, love?”

“Very much so, yes.” She smiled again, succeeding in sending Spike’s heart a flutter.

“Maybe we can even see about lettin you do a test drive, hmm? There are some pretty nice cars out where we’re headed an-”

“Oh no! Very bad idea. Buffy and cars are like… unmixy things."

Spike stared at her incredulously. “You don’t know how to drive?”

She scrunched her face adorably. “Fraid not.”



Spike rolled his eyes at the irony. His girlfriend didn’t drive. What kind of joke was that to play on a (hopefully) future racecar driver? “Have you at least tried?”

“Well, I took the class… and attempted it many times.” She pouted pitifully. “I just can’t seem to… get cars to work properly for me. Like I said… we don’t mix.”

Spike muttered to himself. “This is just fantastic.” What were the guys at the circle going to think? They’re going to die laughing, that’s what they’ll do, Spike thought.



Buffy studied her boyfriend. This was really sort of a problem for him. Well, she figured she could understand. Spike did want to race cars professionally when he got older, and he drag raced now. Walking around with a girlfriend who didn’t know a THING about cars would be pretty embarrassing. Hell, Buffy wasn’t even really interested in them. She’d loved riding on the bike, but she never thought about cars much, negatively or positively.



She considered Spike again. He shouldn’t care, should he? What about all the stuff they’d told each other back in the woods? Didn’t that mean something? Hadn’t Spike been telling her the truth? Suddenly feeling like she might cry, Buffy bit her lip as hard as she could. I’m not gonna cry over this. I am not!



She tossed the thought of trying to learn more about cars and racing around in her head. She didn’t hate the plan, and she’d do it for Spike. But Buffy would never be able to drive. That was something she was sure of, cars HATED her! She could at least learn more information on them, though, right?



“Spike… I- I could try to learn more about this stuff if you’d like me to. I mean, I don’t think I’ll EVER be able to drive a car without breaking something but… I could learn more about racing and stuff. If you’d teach me? I- I mean, if you… WANT to.”



Spike faced Buffy and immediately hated himself. She looked like she was biting her lip so hard it would bleed. He’d already learned that when she did that, she was usually contemplating something or trying to stop herself from crying. Knowing that the latter was the reason for it right now, the Brit quickly pulled his girlfriend into a hug. When he pulled away he lightly cupped the back of her head before speaking with newfound resolve.



“Okay, listen to me. Don’t worry about a thing with this, Buffy. Not gonna lie, it’s sort of a shocker. I mean I figured you weren’t the type a bird to get super excited over cars, but I at least thought you drove. HOWEVER, I don’ care.” He pressed a kiss to her forehead before continuing. “Now, I know I’m gonna get teased unmercifully about this, but having a girlfriend who doesn’t know a thing about cars and can’t drive… doesn’t matter to me as long as that girl is you.”



He smiled when she gave him a relieved grin. “And if you wanna learn about cars and whatnot, I’d love to teach you. But I don’t want to force something that doesn’t interest you down your throat. You understand me, pet?”



She nodded before responding. “I do.” She leaned in and pecked him on the lips. She was relieved. He cared about the car issue, but he didn’t care about it more than he did her. Suddenly she felt a little stupid. She was human-Buffy, and it shouldn’t matter if she didn’t know a lot about vehicles. She sure as hell planned on learning about racecars and stuff, though. But gradually, not rushed or anything. She’d learn whenever Spike talked about cars, the thing that made his eyes sparkle, the thing that once he started on, he couldn’t stop.



“And I do wanna learn. I’ll let you teach me just... over time. Ya know like, when I ask questions, you answer. No pressure. And when you go off on a tangent talking about racing or something, I’ll listen.” Spike smiled again. He felt like he was always smiling with this girl.

“Alright, kitten. Sounds good.”



She pointed a finger at him. “Just don’t try to get me behind the wheel. You’ll end up regretting it BIG time.”

The boy leaned in to take Buffy’s hand and dropped a light kiss on the tip of her finger. “Whatever you say. Sooner or later though, I will have to take a look see at your driving skills.”

“Spiiiiiike.” She whined. “They’re wretched!”

His lips quirked. “’Wretched’ you say?”

She rolled her eyes before deciding to play along. “Yes! Wretched, ghastly, frighteningly grotesque!”



“That’s quite dreadful, love.”

“Well, that describes my driving skills.” She shrugged.



“So will you come with me to the circle on Friday?”

“I know you told me the name of the place was ‘the circle’ when you first mentioned it, but just curious, why is it called that?”

“The whole lot is the size of one giant circle. So, will you come?”

“I already said I’d love to! This Friday?”

“This Friday.”

“Okay, sounds great!” She smiled again and went to sip her milkshake. “What time?”

“Probably round-”



“Buffy!”



The two blondes turned to face a tall brunette in jeans and a white T-shirt. Spike simply raised an eyebrow and Buffy spit out a mouthful of strawberry shake. Spike turned worriedly toward his girlfriend, while the first thought that went through the girl’s mind was: Holy shit, it’s Angel!



Cough. Cough. “Angel!” Cough. Buffy tried very hard to control her fit. She was unaware that the second Angel’s name had left her lips, Spike had instantaneously begun glaring. He knew all about Buffy’s ex. “Wha- What-” Cough. “Are you doing here?” She placed a hand on her chest as Spike gently rubbed her back.

Angel frowned. “You okay?”



She took a sip of Spike’s root beer and nodded before repeating her question. “What’re you doing here?”

He smiled charmingly. “My parents and I are visiting. We actually just stopped over at your house about an hour ago.” He leered at his ex. She was prettier than ever. “God I’ve missed you!” He bent and swallowed Buffy in a hug, never once acknowledging the fuming man to his left.



The woman’s eyes bugged while Spike’s jaw started to hurt from all the clenching. Buffy awkwardly patted Angel’s back and tried to collect her thoughts. Her ex-boyfriend was in town, currently hugging her like they were two old pals, and Buffy was having an inner spaz-attack.



Why was Angel even here, why oh WHY did he have to return to Moon Stream?! She didn’t want to see him! Their breakup had hurt her like nothing else. Her heart had been ripped out and trampled on. It was over the phone, and there had been PLENTY of tears. He broke her heart and she had hung up without saying goodbye. He never called back. This was the first she’d seen or talked to Angel since then.



It had taken a LOT to get over Angel, but she’d made it. After he called to tell Buffy it was too hard staying in a long distance relationship, there had been serious girl bonding with Willow. Buffy was no longer in love with her ex. It was hard to stay in love with someone when he’d been the reason for eating your own weight in Ben&Jerry’s.



She still remembered the last words they’d spoken to each other:

*“You still my girl?”

Buffy sniffled and responded the only way she knew how. “Always.”*



After that, Buffy had learned that she’d loved Angel more than he’d loved her. She saw forever with him, even though she was only sixteen at the time. She was willing to wait until they were old enough to get a place of their own and live happily ever after, but he hadn’t been able to handle it. She wasn’t even bitter just… burned. It was difficult to see him now because in the past she would have done anything to make it work between them, but now, it just hurt to remember that the one you would have done ANYTHING for hadn’t felt the same.



It was about the pain, not about HIM. She was thoroughly over Angel, but he had hurt her and that was hard to overcome. She cared about him still, but he no longer held her heart. Hell, she didn’t even WANT him to. First love, first heartbreak.



So right now her mind was in a fog, a somewhat angry/annoyed/pained fog. She squirmed out of Angel’s clutches and looked at him confusedly. She felt Spike place a calming hand to the small of her back, for which she was extremely grateful. “Um, Spike this is Angel, my old... boyfriend.” She quickly rushed out the last word before gesturing towards the Brit. “Angel this is Spike, my current… boyfriend.”



Angel blinked. Once, twice. Then the brunette frowned slightly and started sizing Spike up. He plastered on a tightlipped smile before nodding in the bleached teen’s direction. “Nice to meet you, Spike.” He said the name like it left a bad taste in his mouth.



“Pleasure’s all mine.” Spike spoke as though it was anything but, his nostrils flaring.



Buffy snuggled in closer to Spike, seeking his comfort. She needed him right now. He was the one who had her heart in the palm of his hand. She didn’t want Angel to see her weak and she also needed Spike to know that she wanted him and not her ex. If Drusilla had shown her face around here, Buffy sure would have appreciated any reassurances. Past loves, especially first ones, were doozeys.



Spike released a relaxed sigh as Buffy burrowed into his side. He wrapped an arm around her, his thumb tenderly stroking her shoulder. When he caught Angel’s annoyed look the Brit simply smirked.



“So what are you doing in town?” Buffy asked quickly, trying to break the tension, even though she felt that THAT would probably be impossible.

“Like I said, folks wanted to visit for a few days. I tagged along, hoping to run into a few old… friends.”



The way the big git said “friends” while looking at Buffy the way he was almost made Spike charge at him. This Angel bloke was just asking for it. He was glowering at her and Spike like Buffy was his property, like he had a claim over her. Where did this pillock get off?! Instead of hurtling towards the bulky brunette, Spike simply responded in a calm tone of voice. “Well, why don’t you go find some?”

Before Buffy could say something, Angel spoke.



“Yeah…” He drawled. “I guess Buffy and I don’t really qualify as JUST friends… with the history and all.” Angel offered a saccharine grin and turned back to the girl who was currently squeezing her boyfriend’s arm to prevent him from attacking. “Buffy, I’m going to go say hi to a few other people in town, ya know, some of the guys. And uh… I’ll be seeing you Friday.” He winked and went to walk off but the girl stopped him.



“Wait! What do you mean Friday? What’s Friday?” She linked her fingers with Spike’s to try and calm him. She really didn’t need him freaking just because Angel was goading him.

“Oh, you’re mom invited me and my parents over for a barbeque at your house, which means you and I’ll get to spend some more… quality time together before I leave. See ya then!” He started walking. “Oh by the way!” he called. “You look good, Buff.” Angel smirked at her before turning around and jogging off.



“Spike!” Buffy yelled in a warning tone as she pulled him back to a sitting position before he got a chance to go and pummel her ex. “Leave it! He’s just trying to get a rise out of you.”

Spike took a long, deep breath and turned to her. “So that’s Angel, huh?” He spat the name like it was a poison.

Buffy nodded. “Yeah… I had no IDEA he was coming to town. If I had I would have hidden at your place.” She half laughed her words but Spike saw the distress on her face. She was hurting. “Sweetheart, you alright?”

Buffy took a breath and cuddled closer to him. “It’s just… remember at Viper’s when I told you about him and explained how like, when I think of him now I don’t wanna BE with him, but it still hurts sometimes because-”

“Cuz you feel he didn’t care for you as strongly as you did for him. I understand, believe me.”



She gave a sad smile. “Exactly.” Buffy continued, looking into his crystal blue eyes. “So this is the first I’ve seen him since he ended things and it just took me a little off guard. Plus, he was acting as if nothing had happened. And ya know- That pissed me off! I mean, you hurt someone and then hug them like everything’s okay? No. God, and then he had the nerve to-”

“Look at you like you were still his? Yeah, that pissed ME off, pet.”

“H-he did?”

“Uh, yeah.” Spike looked at her like she was daft before pulling her into his lap. “Wanker was lookin at you like I wasn’t even here.”

“To be completely honest, I still care about him, and I might always love him a little bit. Just not quite in that… WAY anymore, ya know?”

“Yeah, I got you. But m’not so sure he feels the same.” Spike pulled her closer until his nose was buried in her hair. “Don’t think he’s lookin to just ‘spend some time’ with you. I think he misses you.” He nuzzled her lovingly while clutching her frame, hoping she really was through with Captain Forehead.



“Well that’s his problem. Maybe he still cares about me but I’m not his to care about. I’ve moved on. I might always love him a little, but I’m no longer IN love with him.” She turned her head to give Spike a kiss on the lips. When she pulled away they both looked directly at each other. “And I don’t want anybody else but you.”



Spike heaved a mental sigh of relief. He was already in way too deep to lose Buffy. And he could tell by her eyes she wasn’t lying, or fooling herself, or unsure of those words. She was telling him the truth and thank God for that because he didn’t want anyone else either.



Buffy rested her forehead against his and hoped to God he believed her because she meant it with all of her heart.



Then she remembered…

“Oh crap!”

“What is it?”

“Friday! The damn barbeque is on Friday! Mom sooooo won’t let me skip out! How am I gonna make it to the-"

“Buffy, relax. The circle isn’t an early sorta thing. We wouldn’t be leaving til at least eight o’clock anyhow. How late will your mum let you stay out?”



“Oh… Okay!” She took a breath, smiled slightly, and then scrunched her face up in thought. “Well… Ooh, I know! Since Willow’s coming back into town tomorrow I can ask her if I can spend the night on Friday. I’ve told her everything about us, including the going to Viper’s thing, so I can leave with you whenever, and tell my mom I’ll be back at Willow’s by midnight. She’ll cover for me if my mom calls and I can sneak into her bedroom whenever you drop me off. Don’t worry; I haven’t said anything about the circle though, just that you’re into cars. I know you didn’t want me to mention it. But anyways, Willow will want the scoop on our date, but I’ll just tell her we were driving around and stuff, which isn’t a total lie… right? Tell me isn’t a total lie cuz if you don’t I might feel too guilty to go along with this.” She finally took a breath and stared at Spike pleadingly.



He chuckled at her adorable sweetness. “It isn’t a lie at all. We will be driving around together, just not the entire time.”

She looked at him through hooded lashes. “So I’m not a bad friend?”

“No, love! I’m sure this Willow bird would understand. It really isn’t that big a deal anyhow.”

She took another breath and smiled. “Okay, so the plan sounds good?”

“Perfect. So first we’ll head over to your mum’s little get together and then you can meet my chums.” Spike smiled and went to kiss her but she pulled away before he’d captured her soft lips. “Wha-”

“Spike, you can’t come Friday to the barbeque.”



He looked hurt and Buffy regretted the words the minute they left her mouth. “All I mean is that it’s gonna be awkward enough. I can barely stand being around Angel right now and-”

“Buffy, there is no reason why you shouldn’t want me there.”

“Yes there is, Spike! The entire thing will be spent with you and him glaring at each other while I try to ignore the palpable tension and make small talk with his parents. Not to mention making sure Dawn doesn’t fall into the grill or something equally horrible. I can’t do all that and-”

“Buffy, I can help you make sure everything stays together. I promise I’ll keep the glaring down to a minimum, and-”

“What about fighting? You and Angel are bound to get into it before we leave. You know you guys will and-”

“Hey now! I can be civil!”

“Tchyea! Good luck with tha-”



“Buffy…” He looked at her like a begging man. He wanted to be there for her. He needed to be. “I know how this git can make you feel, he’s hurt you.” Spike tenderly slid a piece of hair behind her ear. “Seeing him… still causes you pain. For what he did to you, I hate him. And I don’t want to know you’re going through all this stress while I can’t do anything to help. I have to be there for you, and I don’t like the thought of him being so close to you without me somewhere nearby. Please, can I come?”



Buffy sighed resignedly. “You promise to be good?”

“Cross my heart.” He playfully nipped at her lips.

Buffy giggled and smiled warmly at him. “I’m sorry.”

He frowned. “For what, pet?”

“For telling you at first that you couldn’t go... I just wigged out temporarily. I don’t want to have to pry you two off each other in the middle of my backyard. Besides, if mom sees you fighting she won’t like it.”

“Hey, how’s your mum feel about me? Forgot to ask 'bout that.”

“Are you kidding? She thought you were adorable! She loves you.”

“Adorable?” He made a disgusted face. “She thinks I’m… adorable?”

“Oh don’t you pout! It’s a compliment.” Buffy grinned and pecked him on the lips. “Besides, better ‘adorable’ than ‘bulky’.” She leaned in to whisper in Spike’s ear. “That was her word for Angel.”

Spike laughed and kissed her again. “I guess I can live with being adorable.”



***



After Spike dropped his girl off at home, he promptly called Gunn to tell him that Buffy Summers would be arriving at the circle a little earlier than expected.



When the bleached boy hung up the phone, he mentioned the Summers’ barbeque to his father, as per were Buffy’s instructions that Spike invite his dad. Charlie had politely declined, for he had already made plans for Friday, and told his son to be sure and thank their neighbors for the thoughtful invitation.



The teenager was actually a little disappointed that his father couldn’t make it to the dinner. The man had always been really good at keeping Spike’s temper in check when the situation called for it, and this Friday would be a serious test of the boy’s patience.



The Brit decided to take out some of his frustrations on the heavy bag. Seeing this Angel ponce again was going to be bloody agonizing to say the least.



***



Buffy called Willow when she got home, giving her friend the details on Friday and begging for assistance on the curfew dilemma. Willow readily agreed, all Buffy had to do was relay all juicy details about her date once she made it back to the red head’s house. After that was all set, the two girls spent about an hour on the phone gabbing about everything, including the surprise Angel visit. Buffy had also invited Willow to the barbeque, but the red head had already made plans with Tara it seemed.



Once the two teens hung up, Buffy headed downstairs and talked to her mother about Friday. Joyce agreed to the sleepover arrangements and happily accepted the fact that William would be joining them on Friday. She did think that having Angel and Buffy’s new boyfriend together in the same room might be a little awkward, but Joyce trusted Buffy’s judgment on the whole situation. Besides, Angel and William had already met according to her daughter, so they couldn’t dislike each other too much, right? Buffy hadn’t said anything.



After all the details had been laid out, Buffy headed back up to her room and got ready for bed. She brushed her hair and curled up under the covers, drifting off into a peaceful slumber.



***



Buffy awoke the next day with a crick in her neck and a headache. She must’ve slept funny. The headache though, she couldn’t explain. She got up to go take a shower and when she turned the water on it was scalding hot and sprayed her naked arm. Buffy yelped and went to splash cold water on her reddened skin, only to jam her toe against the bottom of the sink. The girl groaned and quickly turned off the shower after rinsing her arm in the basin.



Buffy went to brush her teeth only to discover that there was no more toothpaste left. She called to her mom, hoping the older woman would know where any extra Colgate might be located, only to be met with silence. Of course, Buffy’d forgotten that Joyce was taking Dawn with her to help out at the gallery today.



The blonde rolled her eyes and tried to ignore the morning taste in her mouth.



Very carefully, she turned on her shower and adjusted the temperature, this time without getting burnt. She removed her PJs and stepped into the spray, letting the warm water dance over her face. She reached for the shaving cream, but the container was empty.



Buffy groaned again.



Today was just going to be one of those days.
End Notes:
Review please!!!
Chapter 19 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Here's a link to the song I chose to add into this chappie if u wanna listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zamKoUREI

Hope you like this chapter!
She’d slipped in the shower, broke a nail, poked herself in the eye with her makeup brush, and poured herself a glass of milk only to realize the hard way that it’d turned sour. She’d burnt her neck with her curling iron, broke a pair of perfectly good flip flops, tore a hole in her favorite top, and almost fell down the stairs.



To put it lightly, the day sucked.



She was a walking wrecking ball, and she had to babysit. There wasn’t even any aspirin in the house to get rid of her headache!



Buffy moaned as she walked out the front door. About five minutes later, she heard thunder.



One, two, three drops of rainwater fell on her nose before it started to pour.She jogged toward the Smith’s house. Today she was taking care of two twin baby boys. The kids’ parents were going out for their anniversary and Buffy was playing mother until about one in the morning. She really didn’t mind babysitting, usually kids loved her. She’d never taken care of these boys, though. She just hoped her bad luck would run out before she got to the Smith’s… sopping wet.



Hopefully Mrs. Smith would loan her something dry to wear.



***



The crying wouldn’t stop. It just wouldn’t end. The screeching and the wailing had turned Buffy’s headache into a major migraine.



The minute the parents had left, the little boys, Arthur and Danny, had started crying. They’d already been fed so she knew they weren’t hungry, even though she tried giving them their bottles anyway. She tried burping them, and she changed their diapers, played peek-a-boo, and held them in every way possible. She put them in their special rocking cradles and grabbed every stuffed animal she could get her hands on to try and comfort them.



Nothing freaking worked.



Around one in the afternoon, it was time to feed them again. Danny and Arthur had actually gotten hungry during all their crying, so they were quiet for fifteen wonderful minutes.



Then, when Buffy dropped an empty bottle on the floor and went to pick it up, Danny threw up. Actually, he’d practically projectile vomited right onto Buffy’s back. The action got Arthur crying again, and then THAT got Danny started.



Buffy stood up with a hunched back and wiggled out of the top Mrs. Smith had loaned her. She managed to get vomit on her face and almost shouted out in aggravation. Her life sucked today.



The teenager tried desperately to ignore the screaming while rinsing her shirt off in the sink. She ran her fingers through her hair and whimpered when she felt gooeyness. She stomped her foot, finished cleaning the shirt, and then rinsed her hair.



Buffy laid the white T-shirt out to dry on the counter next to her still soaked tank top and put her face in her hands.



She was going to die.



***



It was five o’clock now and the crying still hadn’t subsided. Arthur had spit up a few times, and each time he’d managed to get it on her chest or shoulder. Neither of her shirts had dried yet and she hated wearing wet fabric because it gave her the chills. Not to mention the fact that the house had air conditioning. And evidently, the Smith’s, were also out of aspirin.



Buffy couldn’t put the boys down to bed until eight, and even when she did get to do that, she had a feeling it was going to be easier said than done. The twins weren’t sick, she’d taken their temperatures, but they wouldn’t even eat their mashed peas. And peas, according to their father, were their favorite!



The woman went to pick Danny up and tried soothing him by bouncing him up and down in her arms for what felt like the hundredth time. She struggled with this for ten minutes while simultaneously rocking Arthur back and forth in his chair and shushing both the children.



Didn’t work.



Buffy set Danny back down in his rocking cradle and begged the boys, AGAIN, for their silence. “Please, please, pleeeeeease stop crying!” She half sobbed.



They only got louder and Buffy pulled on her hair as a tear of frustration rolled down her cheek. She was walking around in a tizzy now.



“God! What am I doing wrong?! Why why why why WHY do you guys hate me?!” She screamed. She couldn’t take much more of this if her life depended on it.



The girl turned, her feet got twisted up in a blanket that had been left on the floor, and Buffy fell flat on her face with a yelp.



She whimpered. “This is just NOT my day.”



The blonde got back to her feet and hung the blanket over a chair. She was exhausted, her head was pounding, she was walking around in her bra, and the crying- Oh God, the crying!



She ran her fingers through her hair for the thousandth time and suddenly smelled something foul. “Ew.” She scrunched her nose. She knew that odor. She’d caught it about four other times today.



Buffy took Danny and lifted him up to sniff his bum. Yep, he was the culprit. She picked up Arthur’s chair and moved him over by the changing table while holding Danny in her other arm.



As she changed Danny she continued to try and distract herself from the awful sound of their tears. Not only was the sound agonizing to listen to, but it broke her heart seeing them cry.



Buffy started quietly singing to herself, hoping to maybe be able to focus on her own voice.



Then a miracle happened. The crying quieted. It was only a small bit, but the girl heard it. It was almost impossible to notice, the tiny lower in volume; only someone who’d been listening to the infants’ howls for hours on end would be able to discern it.



Buffy sung a little louder, a song she’d learned from one of her favorite princess movies as a child. “Dancing bears, painted wings, things I almost remember…”



Arthur and Danny got a little quieter. Buffy smiled as she buttoned Danny’s onesie and started singing again. “And a song someone sings, once upon a December…” She’d tried singing earlier. Why the hell hadn’t it worked before?! God, maybe it was the song? She didn’t care. Buffy just hoped it kept working.



“Someone holds me safe and warm. Horses prance through a silver storm…”



Silence.



The woman almost jumped for joy, but instead sung a little louder, and happier. “Figures dancing gracefully, across my memory…” She picked Danny up and spun him around with a giant smile on her face. The wailing had finally STOPPED! She was almost weeping in relief.



She moved the boys back into the kitchen and had them both back in their rocking cradles, as she continued singing the melody of the song, starting to feel a little like Anastasia herself. All she needed was red hair and a ball gown. The boys were calm.



“Someone holds me safe and warm! Horses prance through a silver storm! Figures dancing gracefully… across my memory! Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember…” She was smiling from ear to ear as she sang the tune, hoping to God the children wouldn’t tire of it.



She didn’t care if she had to sing the melody all day long, but just to be sure, Buffy walked over to the Smith’s movie cabinet and searched through their collection. Nope. No Anastasia. Oh well, she’d just sing all damn day. Buffy was so happy she felt she might do that even if she didn’t have to in order to keep the twins quiet. She actually really loved to sing, she was just always kind of shy about it.



Not for two little baby boys, though.

“Once upon a December…”



***



So after half an hour of that song, the boys still hadn’t tired of it. And Buffy had gotten so used to the tune that she just song it on automatic. She was still having bad luck though, and she realized that she couldn’t pause her voice for more than a minute without the boys fussing.



She’d learned that the hard way when she’d dropped her phone in a glass of water and had begun groaning and cursing to herself, only to be interrupted by the boys’ complaints of her stopping the song.



About forty five minutes later, Danny started to cry a little. Buffy had panicked, picked the boy up and patted his back, only to have him throw up all over her shirt again. She had just put the thing back on!



As Buffy set the child down and removed her top to wash it, she at least got to smile at the fact that he’d stopped crying.



The girl laid her tank top out on the counter and checked on her phone. She’d immediately removed the battery after dropping it in the water. Then she got a Ziploc bag, filled it with rice, and stuffed her phone’s parts inside it. Willow had taught her the trick a long time ago, and told her that rice would soak up any extra moisture a towel couldn't get.



Buffy’d forgotten to keep singing.



Arthur started crying and the teen quickly quieted him. “Oh no! Shush, shush, see I’m still here! Still singing! Once upon a December…” The girl sighed when the baby was quiet again.



What is it about this song? She wondered.



Buffy looked at the Ziploc bag again and mentally groaned. Spike had asked if he’d be able to call her while she was babysitting. Well, originally she’d told him yes, but now that wasn’t going to happen.



The girl almost laughed in the middle of Once Upon a December. Knowing Spike, he’d call her about ten times before rushing over to make sure she was okay.



Her boyfriend was searching for a job at a body shop today. He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to find anything but said he’d needed to at least look. And it worked out well considering she was busy today, too. But Spike had still promised to call. She told him which house she was going to be at and he’d almost certainly come looking for her if she never answered her phone.



That boy was crazy but he made her feel safe. It wasn’t like she couldn’t take care of herself, but it was always nice to know that you were protected. Buffy smiled as she started singing the song over again from the beginning.



***



It was eight thirty when Spike finally got off from his new job. He’d walked right into the local body shop in Moon Stream, talked to the owner about applying for a job as a mechanic, and had been hired on the spot. He started work immediately; literally, immediately. The owner, Jim, had set Spike up with a pair of overalls and three cars to work on as soon as they’d talked over the issue of a weekly schedule and payment. The teen only had to work four days a week and he got to choose them; eight hour days, from noon to night.



To say he was happy would have been a serious understatement. He finally had a way to earn money while doing something he enjoyed. Being a mechanic was the only thing that could ever substitute for becoming a professional racecar driver. Spike loved cars and whether he was driving them or working on them, he was a happy bloke.



He hopped in his Desoto and headed for home. He’d forgotten his phone there and if he’d had it with him Spike knew he would have been distracted. He knew there was no way in the world he would have been able to resist phoning Buffy. He missed her. Spike had seen her yesterday and he missed her.



He was whipped.



***



Spike picked his cell phone up off the kitchen counter and looked for any missed calls or texts. Nothing. He shrugged it off and called his girlfriend.



***



Fifteen calls that all went straight to her voicemail later, Spike was worried. He knew that she was babysitting and was possibly busy with the kids. He knew that for the first six calls. Then, he’d called again… and again, and again, and again, and again…



And Spike had started worrying. What if she was mad at him? What if she was ignoring him or…



Oh fuck, what if something had happened to her? What if one of the kids had gotten hurt and she was at the hospital? What if SHE had gotten hurt? What if something had happened with Riley? What if she was alone and in pain? What if…



The list was endless and his wandering mind did absolutely nothing to calm him down.



The teenager hopped in his car and headed for… for… Shit! What was the address again- Oh, right, okay. Get there and find Buffy. Make sure she’s okay, and if she’s not, take care of her and then promptly pummel the thing that hurt her.



Yeah, he was worried for no reason. Maybe he’d seen one too many horror movies. Didn’t matter, he just wanted her to be okay.



Spike pulled up to the Smith’s house a few minutes later and exited his car. He was just about to knock on the front door when he heard it; a familiar voice floating to his ears on the warm summer air. Spike closed his eyes to try and concentrate on where the sound was coming from. He found a window near the front door that had been left open a crack and listened.



“Someone holds me safe and warm. Horses prance through a silver storm…”



He couldn’t see her through the window but he knew it was Buffy. She had the voice of an angel. It was beautiful. It distracted him from any and all thought. All Spike could hear was her harmonious singing. He was drawn to it.



“Figures dancing gracefully, across my memory! Far away long ago, glowing dim as an ember! Things my heart used to know, things it yearns to remember… And a song someone sings…”



He’d heard this song before, although he couldn’t place it.



“Once upon a December…”



Spike blinked when silence set in, and knocked on the door.



***



Buffy finished her song for what felt like the bajillionth time and heard a knock at the door. She almost jumped when she took notice of it. She’d been so lost in her song for the past few hours that the girl had sort of closed herself off from the world that didn’t include her and the twins. She didn’t even tire of singing the tune, she loved it and even though her throat got dry a few times, a little glass of water and a stirring from one of the boys to remind her exactly why she was pretending to be Liz Callaway was all it took for her to start her voice up again.



Buffy shook her head dazedly and headed for the door, opening it a crack to peer through and see…



Her boyfriend. “Hi.” She spoke quietly and smiled tiredly.



Spike grinned at her slothful look. “Hey, sweetling. Can I come in?”



“Oh. Sure.” Buffy blinked and closed the door to undo the chain. She let Spike in and smiled lazily as he enveloped her in a hug. Her arms came up to encircle his waist and she burrowed into his chest. “Mmmm. You’re comfy.”



He laughed a little at that before speaking softly. “Thanks, love.” He pulled away to look at her face. “I heard you when I was outside. How come ya never told me you’ve got such a beautiful singin voice?”

Buffy blushed and yawned. “Thank you. I’ve been singing for HOURS… literally.”

“Why on Ear- Whoa. Why’re you in your bra, pet?”



Buffy looked down. She’d completely forgotten about putting a shirt back on. Surely one of them was dry by now, she’d just… forgotten. “I- I got wet walking over here in the rain, and then Mrs. Smith loaned me a shirt but Danny threw up on me so I had to rinse it off and… I hate wearing wet clothes.” She pouted.



“Surely they’re dry now, though?” Spike asked, still distracted by her chest, one of his hands resting on her lower back.

“I put one back on after it dried but then I got vomited on again… and I just forgot to put a shirt on I guess. Didn’t think about it when you knocked.”

“Beautiful…” He murmured reverently and gently traced her bra cups with his fingertips, his pupils dilating when goose bumps appeared.



She started breathing a little raggedly and swallowed. God, his eyes were devouring her.



“Hope no one else saw you like this.” He mumbled, mostly to himself and half out of it.

Buffy smirked and studied the bleached menace who was still staring at her boobs. “Only two other men saw me like this today.”

Spike’s head shot up. “What?!”

Buffy took his hand and led him into the sleeping babies’ room. “These two.”



Spike exhaled and smirked. “Got me, pet.” He whispered and wrapped his arms around her middle, resting his chin on her shoulder. “So how long did you say you’ve been singin for these little blokes?”

“Hmmm, ‘bout three hours.” She whispered before taking him back into the kitchen. Buffy checked the baby monitor as Spike removed his duster.



He came up behind her and the girl turned in his arms and looked into his disbelieving eyes. “Three hours?”



That’s when Buffy realized she had someone here who she could rant to. “They were screaming and crying ever since their parents left, and it took me until five o’clock to get them to stop! Seriously, I tried EVRYTHING, and the only thing that would keep em quiet was me singing this ONE damn song. I was ready to sell my soul to stop their howling, so I’ve been singing for three hours straight. They fell asleep just before you knocked and I. am. sooooooo exhausted.” She laid her head on his chest.



Spike let out a hopeless laugh and smiled pitifully at the girl in his arms. She truly was tired. “I’m sorry, sweetheart. If it helps, I wasn’t lyin when I said you had a beautiful voice. You should sing more often.” He stroked her hair.

“Tchyea! I’m not going to sing again unless the kids wake up. Consider my vocal chords on strike.”

He chuckled and tilted her chin up to give her a sweet kiss. When they parted, he spoke with his forehead resting against hers. “You’re incredible.”



She smiled. “Thanks. And ya know what, that wasn’t the only part of my day that sucked. Actually, singing the same song for three hours was the least horrible part. I just couldn’t do ANYthing right today. I woke up with a headache and I stubbed my toe, there was no toothpaste left in the house so I’m sure my breath is deadly. I burnt myself with a curling iron and drank sour milk! It was just so not of the good.” She whimpered and burrowed deeper into his embrace.



Spike frowned and scooped Buffy up in his arms, earning a squeal and then an acquiescent sigh for his efforts. He set her down on the couch and pulled her feet into his hands. “What are you doing?”

Spike smiled and started massaging her heels. “M’given you a foot rub.”

“Ooh… Ah! Oh God, that feels good.” She sighed and stretched. “You are the perfect boyfriend, anyone ever tell you that? Wait, no. Don’t answer that.”

Spike smirked. “Jealous, pet?”

“Mmmm, maybe. Ah! Yeah, right there… Ooooo…”

Spike swallowed. “Keep makin those noises and you’re gonna get yourself into a lot of trouble, baby.” He warned.

Buffy sat up and bit her lip. “Sorry. So, how’d the job hunting go?”



“Got one. Actually started work today. S’why I didn’t call you til now. Which reminds me, I came over cuz I was worried ‘bout you. You weren’ answerin your phone. Kept callin an- What’s so funny?”



Buffy was giggling like crazy. She’d been completely right! No need to embarrass him, though. “Oh, nothing! It’s just… Heh- I dropped my phone in a glass of water earlier, just another side effect of bad Buffy luck.” She bit her tongue to stop herself from spilling the truth of why she was laughing. Spike’s needless worrying was sweet, after all. “So you got a job?”

Spike nodded and continued working on her feet. “Yeah. M’workin over at the body shop in town. Jim’s place. Hired me on the spot. I started working today.”

“That’s great! Now you’ll have money, and hey, you said you wanted to work as a mechanic right?”

“Yeah.” Spike grinned. “S’actually perfect for me. Four days a week, I choose the days; from noon to eight.”



Buffy leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. “I’m happy for you. And Jim’s a really nice guy. If he hired you, then you just got yourself a terrific boss.”



“Seems like a nice decent enough bloke. Say, what was that song you were singin before? Sounded familiar.”

“Oh, it’s from the princess movie, Anastasia, one of my favorite movies as a kid. The song is titled: Once Upon a December.” She pointed a finger at him. “And if you ask me to sing it again I will beat you to death with this pillow.” She lifted said pillow in warning.



Spike chuckled and smiled at her. “Promise. You don’t have to sing it ever again f’you don’t want.”

Buffy dropped the pillow and raised an eyebrow. “Ya kiddin? I love this song! I mean, I really thought I was going to hate it by the time I got the twins to sleep, but I still love it even now. Just one of those songs you never tire of, ya know?” She momentarily stopped talking to let out a low moan of approval for Spike’s talented hands. “I’m not going to sing it again tonight, but hey, a girl needs a shower song!”



He lifted an eyebrow. “A ‘shower song’?”

“Yeah, a ‘go to’ song one sings in the shower. Once Upon a December is my shower song.”

“Even after three hours, love? You’re sure you aren’ sick of it?” He looked at her like she was crazy.

“Nope. I’m just tired.” She shook her foot. “Hey, massage.”



Spike shook his head while smiling and went back to working on her precious little feet.



***



The couple spent the next few hours talking and just enjoying the other’s company. Around twelve thirty Buffy had to ask Spike to leave. She didn’t want the twins’ parents thinking that all she’d done was make out with her boyfriend instead of watching their children; which she hadn’t… much.



The two stood in front of the open door, while Spike nibbled on Buffy’s neck as a way of saying goodbye.



“Spike… You’ve gotta go. I’ll see you Friday-”

He pulled away and pouted. “I don’ wanna go.”

“Well you have to.” She kissed his pout. “Besides, Friday is only a couple days away. Tomorrow I’ll be helping mom, like I told you, and you’ve got work tomorrow and Thursday anyhow.”

“Which is exactly why we shouldn’t be parting ways now.”

Buffy smiled coyly and leaned up to nibble his ear before whispering. “Be a good boy now… and I’ll reward you on Friday.” She smiled, kissed his cheek, and was about to pull back when she was suddenly being used to push the front door closed. Her back slammed into the wood just as Spike’s lips slammed into hers.



The platinum blonde pulled away from her mouth and started trailing open mouthed kisses along Buffy’s neck and collar bone in classic Spike fashion. “Sweet sweet promises, Summers.” He traced the outline of her bra with his tongue, drawing ragged breaths for the goddess he held in his embrace.



God how she loved this, when he basically mauled her and held her in his strong arms, making her feel safe and wanted, holding onto her like she was the only thing that mattered in the world. He would attack her with his mouth like a man starved; kissing every part he could reach. He made her lose all coherent thought, made her forget about everything else around them. “Spike…” she moaned. “I want you.”



“Buffy, I love you. God, I love you so much.”



That’s when her eyes shot open and Spike stilled, staring at her with so much need and fear and love that she felt like she might faint.



She knew the feelings she had for him, had hoped he’d felt the same, thought he’d felt the same… But he’d never said the words, those three little words that meant everything. Those three words that left Buffy elated and blanketed in warmth, while at the same time made her shake with fright and panic.



Spike felt all the blood rush from his face. He could feel the cold fear that suddenly gripped his insides. He hadn’t meant to let it slip. Hell, he hadn’t even really admitted it to himself yet. He’d stepped around the thought in his head, but never had he allowed himself to actually confess internally that he was in love with Buffy Summers. He knew it, but he had never confessed it.



And now here he was, standing in a stranger’s house, holding his half naked girlfriend in his arms professing his love for her.



God he was shocked. HE was the one who’d said it, and HE was shocked. He was more surprised that the words had actually left his lips than the fact that they were true. Spike meant it, knew it for a fact. But he was terrified. The last time he’d said the words to a woman his heart had been ripped out not too long after that. The man knew that Buffy was nothing like his ex, but the look on her face now was just another reason to be afraid. Because she was afraid, too; he could tell.



“I- I… Spike?” She had to know. She couldn’t just hear those words and think clearly. It was an automatic Buffy-reaction to the infamous three little words; the not thinking clearly. “Did you really just-? I- I mean…” She trailed off into a whisper. “Do you?”



Her tiny hands gripping his black T-shirt, big hopeful yet scared green eyes looking up at him like he held all the answers, her lips quivering. Oh yeah, he was in love with this girl, but he knew she’d run off on him now. Christ, he couldn’t lose her but knew that he would. It was too soon for this. And all the things she’d told him… That didn’t mean love. It meant caring, perhaps deep caring, and a possibility of love, but they’d only been together a few days. This wasn’t Romeo and bloody Juliet, this was real life and love wasn’t something to be taken lightly. Love meant loyalty and commitment and wanting forever with a person.



And so for Spike…



Love meant Buffy.



He gulped, tears in his eyes. “Oh Buffy… I- I didn’t mean to- I mean, I meant it, I just… Christ pet, I- I love you but I didn’ mean for it to come out like- Fuck, I...” He suddenly pulled her into a hard kiss, gripping her arms with bruising force, praying to anyone who would listen that he didn’t lose her.



He couldn’t lose her!



Buffy’s head was spinning as Spike’s tongue brought hers to life. He loved her. He really loved her! There was no way in hell that the look her boyfriend had been showing her was anything less than love. Even if she hadn’t known Spike for very long, even if he hadn’t known HER for very long, they knew each other. The two blondes knew each other better than the back of their own hands. She saw the vulnerable poet inside the leather wearing rebel, and he saw the cautious girl beneath the strong stubborn teen.



He trusted her and she trusted him. He didn’t judge Buffy or put her on a pedestal, and she saw the soul inside of Spike and all the potential the scared little boy inside of him held.



Even though neither of them had known the other existed a month ago, they knew each other now.



And Spike loved Buffy. The question was did Buffy love Spike?



The answer was yes.



But could she put herself out there again, for the man she loved?



Love never meant perfect, and it hurt sometimes. If it ended, it hurt a lot.



Could she risk it?



Spike had.
End Notes:
Don't hate me! I'm just about to start writing chapter 21 now so I'm hoping to have it done before I update again, but how was 19 here???? I know I left you guys with a major cliff hanger, but im a little evil like that... *smiles sheepishly* (BTW that rice trick works as long as you don't turn your phone on while it's drying!)
Chapter 20 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys for the reviews!! I just finished writing chapter 21 and there were these 2 AMAZING songs which got me writing like crazy. I'm going to write chapter 22 before I post 21 and I hope you guys won't hate me if I take a little while. Oh and I realized that I'm pretty sure I've been spelling the word "barbecue" wrong. I had originally used a "qu" instead of a "c" and now i feel dumb. Well, just don't pay attention if you see it spelled both ways from now on :3

Oh and here are the links to the songs which basically (along with the reviews) got me writing like a nutjob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hxe85iErew
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZkrEZ9C8Y&list=LLBdzgP1ZMxvx0jm-M1y-EAQ&index=6&feature=plpp_video

*OK you can read now! Hope ya like!! :)*
She managed to push Spike away just for a second before he wrapped his arms around her tiny waist, holding on for dear life. “Spike I- I-” Out of the corner of her eye, car lights through the window caught Buffy’s attention just before she spoke. The Smiths were home.



Shit! “Oh my god!” She sobbed. “Spi- Spike, you have to go!”

The look on his face was heartbreaking. God, if only he knew.

“The parents are home! I- If they see you here, I’m toast! Sneak through the back! C’mon, pleas-”

He held on tighter. “Buffy, please just wait! What were you gonna say-”



The girl powerfully removed herself from her boyfriend’s embrace and tugged on his hand, pulling him behind her and toward the back door. She hastily grabbed her dried tank top off the kitchen counter as she went. “Y- You have to go.”



Just before she pushed Spike out the door he grabbed her wrist and wretched her back into his arms, speaking with hushed desperation. “Please, Buffy! Tell me what you were gonna say-”



Buffy heard the faint sounds of laughter from Mrs. Smith outside. “Spike- Please, you gotta go NOW! If they see you-” She didn’t want to say it like this.



He grabbed her chin, turning her distracted face towards his and pressed his forehead against hers, staring into her panicked eyes as he whispered intensely. “Tell me, Buffy! I can’t go home not-”



God, she didn’t want to say it when she was being rushed like this but if she was going to have to, and she could tell she was going to have to, then she damn well would! “I love you, you idiot! Now leave before-”



Her sentence was cut off by a pair of very, very forceful lips and crushing arms wrapping around her torso.



Yes, she’d meant it, and so she returned the kiss with fervor. Buffy held the sides of his oh so perfect face, mewling and smiling as they mauled each other. Spike was gripping her as close as was humanly possible, and they were both silently hoping that this wasn’t a dream.



Keys jingled in the lock and Buffy pulled away when she heard it. Neither of them wanted to let go but the girl knew they had to. “Go, go now! I’ll see you Friday!” She giggled and tried pushing him away to no avail. “Spike! C’mon-”

“How’re you gettin home?!” He asked hurriedly.

“Mom’s picking me up! We’re not going into the gallery until late tomorrow! Now go!”



Spike growled and kissed her hard before finally allowing himself to be pushed through the doorway.



Buffy mentally screamed. What a fabulous fucking time for the Smiths to arrive home!



The girl quickly threw on her shirt and walked into the twins’ room just before Mr. and Mrs. Smith stumbled through the front door.



The teenager heaved a huge sigh of relief as she walked over to the cribs and smiled. If she didn’t see Spike again soon she wasn’t sure what the two of them would be caught doing when Friday rolled around. Absence made the heart grow fonder and call her crazy, but the connection Buffy and Spike shared was powerful, real, and it wouldn’t be too long before they started missing each other.



***



The next two days went by in a blur for the couple. Buffy worked with her mother on Wednesday and was forced to leave her cell phone (the one that fortunately still worked) at home because Joyce didn’t want her daughter “getting distracted.”



On Wednesday Spike worked on the cars he was assigned, but his mind was on Buffy. He missed her. He hadn’t seen or talked to her since yesterday. The Brit had stayed up just to make sure Buffy got home safe and sound with her mum last night. He’d watched her from a couple houses down, behind a tree. He’d had to push down the urge to sneak up into her bedroom like he’d done not too long ago, he knew that she’d been exhausted all day and needed rest.



He hadn’t had a chance to see her before she’d headed off to help Joyce with the gallery, and working at his new job was not near enough to distract him from thoughts of his girl.



And Thursday had been the exact same problem, he’d gotten his work done but not five minutes went by without thinking of her. After he’d set up a schedule with Jim for next week, and had gotten paid, Spike had headed straight for Buffy’s only to be told by her little sis that the seventeen year old was out with friends.



Spike had called his girlfriend, but he’d gotten the voicemail.



After Buffy had exited the movie theatre with her pals on Thursday night and turned her phone back on, she’d tried calling Spike back but it went straight to voicemail. She texted him saying she was at the movies and her phone had been off but never got a response.



Buffy really missed him. Thank God tomorrow was Friday.



Spike had cursed himself for not charging his phone. Just when he was about to text her a message, his cell had died. Bloody thing never held a charge!



Spike had quickly plugged his phone in and was just about to look at a text Buffy had sent him when the device in his hands rang. His father had gotten a flat and didn’t have a spare with him. Spike had to speed off and rescue his father out on the highway. The teenager didn’t own a car charger for his phone so he’d just responded to Buffy’s text that he’d see her tomorrow and to have fun with her mates.



By the time Spike and his dad had gotten home, Buffy had sent two more messages. One said that she missed him, and that she was looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. The other stated that she was headed off to bed early because she’d gotten crappy sleep the night before.



Spike had gritted his teeth in aggravation. What, were the fates just screwing with him? Thought it was funny to see a bloke go bug shaggin crazy over not being able to spend time with his girl after he’d told her he was in love with her? Bloody cruel.



Spike went to bed early that night, praying for morning, something he’d never done before.



***



Secretly, neither Buffy nor Spike wanted to say those three little words again until they were both face to face with one another. Which meant it was a really good thing that it was finally Friday...



***



Buffy finished helping her sister set the picnic table in the backyard. Joyce was on the grill and Dawn had begrudgingly helped Buffy prepare the table. The teenager stood back to admire their work after relieving Dawn of her duties; it was quite a spread.



There was pasta salad, taco salad, hamburger and hot dog buns, a pitcher of lemonade, a small cooler filled with cans of soda, and a garden salad. Dawn and Joyce were the chefs in the family. Buffy had helped her sister in the kitchen by letting her younger sibling boss her around and tell her what to add to what bowls. Originally Buffy had complained that she was plenty capable of making a salad, but after Dawn had given her a chance by allowing the blonde to mix the lemonade and said blonde hadn’t used any sugar, Buffy had relented and just let her sister tell her what to do.



After that, they’d set the table, all the while Dawn complained about having to help lay everything out when she’d made most of the food. When Buffy had scolded her and asked her what her problem was, the seventeen year old had been reminded that Dawn planned on having TJ over for the barbeque, and therefore the twelve year old needed her time to primp.



It was now going on three fifty and people were arriving around four. Joyce had invited more guests after Dawn asked if she could have Terrance over, starting with the boy’s parents. Buffy’s mom had then called Willow’s, Tara’s, Xander’s (begrudgingly), and Anya’s parents as well, but none of them were able to make it. Xander and Anya were busy today, too it seemed. The teen hadn’t planned on inviting them originally because Willow was hanging out with Tara until late and so they wouldn’t have anything to do once she and Spike headed out, but when Joyce called the Jenkins’ and the Harris’, Buffy had of course mentioned it to Xander and Anya herself.



An idea to invite some pals from school had flitted across Buffy’s brain. She had her close friends like Xander, Willow, Tara, and Anya- but everyone else she knew from school she had no problem getting along with either. And she thought that maybe Spike could meet a few of his future fellow classmates so he wouldn’t feel so awkward when autumn rolled around. But knowing it was summer, kids her age usually had their own adventures planned, so she threw the idea away. But even if Spike didn’t get a chance to meet any of Moonstream High’s populace before fall rolled around, there was no way Buffy was letting him skip classes. He might’ve been able to get away with that stuff back in Chicago, but no way in hell was she going to lose him just because he didn’t want to go to school. She wasn’t an A+ student but she got okay grades and she was NOT going to allow studying slackage, no matter how much that boyfriend of hers pouted. She’d be his personal tutor girl.



And Buffy had a feeling that with the right outfit, she could get him to cooperate just fine. All I need to do is find a short plaid skirt, she thought wryly.



Then, she followed that thought up with a less naughty one: Wow, when did I get so brazen?



It wasn’t like she wasn’t happy about the boldness she could literally feel developing inside herself, she was just a little curious as to how the hell this one guy had such an effect on her. It wasn’t like Spike was changing her, but instead like he was… helping her embrace something she hadn’t known was there.



Buffy smiled. She really missed her guy. Not to mention the fact that when he’d called telling her he couldn’t show up early like he’d planned on doing, because Jim had requested his assistance at the shop for some random car emergency, Buffy had done some serious pouting.



Spike wasn’t coming over until four, just like everybody else, but she really wanted some time alone with him before other people got there.



*Ding Dong* The doorbell rang.



“I’ll get it!” Dawn called from inside the house.



Buffy sighed, knowing Spike would’ve just come through the back gate like she’d told him to.



***



Spike checked his phone to look at the time again. It was four o’clock on the dot. He was finally headed back home to hurry up and get ready for Buffy’s barbeque. Jim had needed the teen’s help with fixing up a car for a guy who apparently paid a lot of dosh for fast work. Jim had told Spike that “he was the only mechanic who was fast enough and good enough” to help with on this last minute job, so the teenager had rushed over there around noon and had just now finished the car, with Jim’s help of course. Now all the Brit had to do was take the quickest shower of his life, and get over to his girlfriend’s.



Christ, he missed her.



***



Buffy nodded and smiled politely while listening to Terrance’s father go on and on about something lawyer-ish. The minute TJ and his parents had walked into the house, Dawn and the other young male were off to do their own thing, Joyce and the other mother had started chatting animatedly about something, and the father of Dawn’s little boyfriend had latched onto Buffy. She was bored to tears, but apparently Mr. Lawyer Guy here didn’t get that because he kept talking to her about a recent case he’d just won.



Buffy needed something to distract TJ’s dad, or someone else to stand next to and share knowing glances with whenever the lawyer got really excited about something she couldn’t care less about.



“Can you believe the nerve of the guy? Pleading not guilty! It was absurd!”



Buffy shook herself out of her haze and blinked a few times before she nodded in agreement.



***



Spike took the fastest shower in history and cropped his bleached curls. Normally he liked it better slicked back but Buffy had said she preferred it curly.



The teenager threw on ripped, light blue jeans and a black undershirt. He wasn’t leaving his duster at home, though. He was throwing it in the back of his Desoto so he could have it when Buffy and he headed out later. For a barbeque, the coat was a little much, but he needed it for later.



Spike put on his Doc Martins and headed over to his girlfriend’s.



***



The second Spike walked through the Summers’ back gate he almost bumped right into Buffy’s mum.



“Oh, hello William. Or, uh… Should I call you ‘Spike’?” Joyce asked sweetly while flipping a burger.

“Hi there, Mrs. Summers-”

“Oh, please! Call me Joyce.”

Spike nodded his thanks and smiled politely. “Thanks, Joyce. And um- you can call me anything you like.”

“Alright… Spike.” She smiled triumphantly when she said the name, as if she was proud of herself. Then her grin slowly faded and she scrunched her nose just like her daughter. Spike raised an eyebrow and pursed his lips.

“… I think I’ll just stick with ‘William.’”



“Sounds good, Mrs Su- I mean, Joyce.”

“Right.” She nodded again before quickly changing the topic. “Well if you’re looking for Buffy she’s right over there.” She gestured with a tilt of the head.



Spike turned his eyes toward his girlfriend and dazedly said thank you to her mother before walking towards Buffy.



***



Buffy almost shrieked when two strong arms wrapped around her waist. She’d just been about to get a glass of lemonade and thanked God she hadn’t picked up the pitcher.



After the shock went away she immediately realized whose arms were holding her against a sturdy chest. “Hey you.” She grinned.



“Hey yourself, love.” He whispered and started kissing her neck. “I missed you.”



She moaned and turned around to face him before pulling his lips down to meet hers in a searing kiss. She pulled away to mumble against his lips. “I missed you, too.” Then she went back in and felt one of Spike’s arms snake around her waist while the other lost itself in her hair.



Buffy felt herself being led away somewhere while she refused to unfasten her mouth from his.



The Brit held his girl tighter and finally made it into her kitchen. He pulled away for air and started suckling and nipping at her throat. “God, it’s been too long.”



“Mhmmmm.” She bit her lip and nodded furiously. Speech had left her.



Spike nibbled his way back up to her chin before leaving a simple kiss on her sweet lips. “I meant it, Buffy. I’ve thought about nothing but you and those words constantly for the past two days.” He was looking right into her gorgeous eyes, watching them glisten and glitter. “I love you.”



She felt an overwhelming burst of happiness slam into her as soon as the words were said. “I love you, too.” She practically whimpered. Why did it feel like they had been apart for so long?



Spike smiled brighter than she’d ever seen him do before and wrapped his arms around her waist, as he lifted her off her feet and gave her a kiss that made her dizzy and warm.



Tongues intertwined and spirits connected. The heat between the couple was scorching as Spike set Buffy on top of her kitchen counter and spread her legs. The girl pulled him between her thighs as she started furiously grinding against his denim covered bulge.



Their lips finally parted and Spike released a sharp gasp. “Baby, baby, baby… f’you keep movin your lil hips like that I’m gonna lose control.”

She hooked her legs around his upper thighs, tugged him closer, and ground down on him harder. “And this is a problem?” She whispered.



Spike growled and dug his fingers into her as he pulled the girl forward in a futile attempt to get even closer. He inched her skirt up with his fingertips lightly gliding across her skin, and rubbed his erection against the cotton of her panties. “I like it when you wear skirts…” The man slid his fingers beneath the waistband of her knickers and pinched her hips, succeeding in royally fucking over her ability to breathe. “Have I mentioned that?” He whispered close to her ear.



Buffy moaned and rubbed herself faster against him, her hands gripping his upper arms. She knew they were in her mother’s kitchen, and someone could walk in on them any minute, but hey, it wasn’t like either of them was naked. And for some reason, the excitement of getting caught made her that much hotter.



Spike, for his part, didn’t care if anyone saw what they were doing… Well, except for maybe Buffy’s mum. Joyce walking in on the young couple would not bode well for either of them.



Spike stole Buffy’s lips again for another kiss, his tongue meeting hers instantly. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she sought her release. She was just… getting so... close…



Spike broke away from her mouth and moved himself just enough away from her sweaty body to slip a hand beneath her soft underwear, his eyes crossing at the wetness he found there. Buffy whimpered harshly and started moving faster. The Brit slowly slipped a finger inside her and leaned in to speak heatedly against her rosy cheek. “You like me makin you cum right here on your kitchen counter don’t you, love? Where anyone could walk in and see, where anyone could catch sight of you fucking yourself against my hand.”



Buffy nodded frantically against his heavily breathing mouth as she kept up a symphony of moans and gasps. She was just sooooo close…



Spike curled the finger that was pumping in and out of her channel and rubbed against that sensitive little spot inside her. “Come on, kitten. Give daddy some cream.” That was it.



He mauled her lips again and Buffy came with a muffled scream. He gently helped her down from the clouds and released her mouth before whispering reverently. “Do you have ANY idea how gorgeous you are when you come?”



She could only moan in response as she rested her head against his chest.



Spike kissed the top of her head and nuzzled her hair while removing his hand from the place between her thighs. He brought his fingers up to his mouth and licked them clean before pulling Buffy’s skirt back down.



The girl brought her face up to kiss Spike sweetly on the lips. When she pulled away she gently rubbed his groin with the palm of her hand. “Now what are we gonna do about this?”

Spike clenched his jaw and bit back a groan. “Well, pet, what would you like to-”



Just before he finished his sentence, the doorbell rang.

Buffy and Spike looked at each other before the boy pulled away and sighed. “Think it’s time for you to play hostess, petal.”



Buffy frowned and looked up at her boyfriend disappointedly. Not only was she annoyed that they’d been interrupted, but she felt really guilty that she’d gotten hers when he hadn’t gotten his. “I’m sorry.” She hopped off the counter and pecked him on the lips. “Later. We’ll have more fun later, I promise.”



He leaned in to nuzzle his nose against hers. “Damn right we will.” He knew that they couldn’t do much else now, no matter what they were both yearning for. “C’mon. Let’s go greet the guests, yeah?”



Buffy smiled and Spike swore that anything was worth sacrificing if he got to keep seeing that beautiful grin of hers.



The girl headed off to answer the front door as Spike readjusted himself and then followed.



It was going to be a long barbecue.



***



The second Angel had arrived, Spike had tensed up, and no matter what she did Buffy found that her guy refused to be unwound.



With every step and breath, he was tense. The only time he would relax was when she’d touch him in some way. And even then he’d only stay calm until he caught sight of her ex again.



Buffy sighed as her mother plopped a burger onto her plate. “Thanks mom.” The girl mumbled. Her eyes were on Spike as she headed over to grab a bun and something to drink. Her boyfriend was talking with Dawn and TJ. The second Buffy’s younger sister had seen Spike she and Terrance had latched onto him like a couple of pint sized leeches. Apparently the twelve year olds were fascinated by the man with white hair and a funny voice.



Spike didn’t mind, though. He actually seemed to be smiling quite a bit as he chatted with the kids. Buffy smirked. Okay, so maybe Dawn and TJ can get him to relax a bit, too.



She turned around and started putting condiments on her burger before grabbing a can of Strawberry Fanta and a Coke for Spike. Buffy then walked over to her boyfriend, silently hoping her ex was still inside being hounded by TJ’s dad. The minute Terrance’s father had met Angel he’d taken a serious liking to him. Buffy noticed that the lawyer seemed to enjoy spewing his words of wisdom onto the younger people, probably figuring he was teaching them something worthwhile and interesting.



Buffy was just glad the guy hadn’t found Spike yet.



The blonde trotted over to her boyfriend who was talking excitedly about something or other, and she grinned. The Brit was so cute when he was being all “cool” and trying to impress Dawn and her friend.



“So there was this one car- Oh God, whatta beaut! Anyway, it had these spinners on the wheels and…” Spike trailed off as he looked up to meet the gorgeous image of his girl looking down at him with a warm smile on her delicate face. Her hair was golden in the sunlight and it surrounded her, making her look like an angel with a halo. Her green eyes were a beautiful jade hue and the woman’s smooth skin was glowing. She was ravishing and-



“And what?!” TJ asked impatiently, interrupting Spike’s thoughts. The young boy had really taken a liking to his descriptions of cars and was hanging on every word the bleached teen uttered.



Spike distractedly looked down at the young boy and smiled. “Uh… An the car was blue- The end. I’ll talk to you guys more later, yeah?” He turned his eyes back up to Buffy. “Been neglectin my girl.” The teen smirked and stood. He silenced TJ and Dawn’s protests with a promise to continue the story another time.



Spike took the can of soda Buffy offered him and guided her with a gentle hand on her back toward the picnic table where everyone was slowly gathering for dinner.



“You know you were really adorable over there with Dawn and TJ, you were all ‘cool grownup guy.’ I could tell they liked you a lot… almost as much as you seemed to like their gnat-sized attention spans being focused on you.” She smiled and sat down.



Spike guffawed before sitting next to her. “First of all, m’not adorable. Secondly, I was just checkin that TJ bloke out, makin sure he’s a trustworthy kid. He is DATING your lil sis after all.” Spike tucked his tongue behind his teeth in a mischievous manner. He knew Buffy hated it when she thought of her younger sister having a boyfriend. It “wigged” her out, the Summers girl would say.



Buffy shuddered and glared at her boyfriend. “You know I hate being reminded of that! And excuse me, but are you sure you wanna go and start knocking the concept of being ‘adorable’? Remember, that’s what my mom thinks of you...”



Spike chuckled before straightening once again. “And as I recall…” He looked around with his nostrils flaring. “The only reason I accepted being referred to as ‘adorable’ was because your mum’s term for Angel was a bit less kind. Where is Mr. ‘Bulky’ anyhow?”



Buffy looked around and caught no sight of said brunette. “Uh, not sure. He’s probably still inside talking with TJ’s dad. Believe me, once that guy starts chatting he never stops.” She said with a light laugh. “Look, I told mom to put a cheeseburger on the grill for you and it should be done by now. Go grab it then come sit back down. We’re gonna start dinner in a minute or so.”



Spike nodded and kissed her on the cheek before standing. “Thanks, love.” He walked away from the table while gliding his fingers through her soft locks.



Buffy smiled and took a sip of her drink. Dawn and TJ had just sat down with hot dogs at one end of the table and the young boy’s parents were all set to dig in as well. Mr. O’Connor was getting a glass of lemonade and Mrs. O’Connor…



Was right behind Buffy.



The teenager almost jumped out of her skin when she heard Angel’s mom speak right next to her ear. “Oh! Oh…” She laughed a little at her own skittish behavior. “Sorry, Mrs. O’Connor. You startled me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry dear. I didn’t mean to, I just wanted to know if you’ve seen my son anywhere. I was going to ask if maybe you’d go find him for me?”

Buffy raised her eyebrows and blinked a few times. “Oh… Oh, yeah! Sure um… I’ll go see if I can find him…”

“Oh thank you honey, I’d do it myself but I haven’t even grabbed my meal yet and I’d like to sit down. This dumb knee of mine’s actin up again.” The woman gestured to said joint.



Buffy nodded and smiled courteously. Angel’s mother was a guest and so the teenager did as she was asked.



***



Buffy called out Angel’s name a couple of times as she walked about her home. She couldn’t find him, and she was sort of praying she wouldn’t. She’d really been hoping she wouldn’t have to be alone with him today. Even if it was just for a couple of minutes she didn’t want him to say something that would piss her off, and she really didn’t want him to mention their past because it would only hurt.



The girl didn’t really believe in Spike’s assumptions that her ex was still interested in her. Buffy noticed how Angel had looked at her when he’d surprised her and Spike over at The Bunny Hutch, but she figured he was probably just doing that to push Spike’s buttons. Or hey, maybe Angel did think she looked good, but it really wasn’t a guarantee that he’d try anything.



She turned the corner into the living room and found nothing. Buffy sighed. Maybe he’s upstairs.



The woman trudged up the staircase and walked into her bedroom where she found the man she’d been searching for. He was sitting on her bed fingering the lace on one of her pillowcases.



The first feeling that jolted Buffy was the ire she felt run through her veins. “What do you think you’re doing up here?” She placed her hands on her hips. Angel had no right to enter into her bedroom.



His head shot up and he stood before smiling apologetically. “Sorry, Buff. I was just having a look around, and I found myself up here.”



She took a step closer. “You found yourself up in my bedroom? Ever here of a little thing called privacy?” She was angry. Oh God, she was angry.

Angel looked at her with a frown. “Uh… sorry. Didn’t think you’d care.”



Pah! “Well I do. So don’t go sneaking into my room again, got it?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, fine.” He bent his head while shuffling his feet. “You never used to mind me up here before.” He mumbled.



She heard him. “Yeah, well that was when we were dating; which we’re not anymore, so move along please.” She jabbed her right thumb over her shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized and walked a couple more feet until he was standing right in front of her. Then Angel just stared at the blonde with those poignant brown eyes of his, gazing at her.



“What?!” Buffy barked after he hadn’t moved for a moment or so.



“Nothing, I just…” He looked down at his feet before looking back up into her eyes. “You’re more beautiful than I remember.”



A beat.



Buffy’s heart didn’t twist, she didn’t get any butterflies, and she didn’t feel like swooning. It was just a compliment. It was nice, but she didn’t need it… or really want it for that matter.



“Thank you, Angel.” She said in a calm voice before exhaling. She suddenly felt a sort of sad acceptance wash over her. She didn’t want him. She’d known this, had moved passed it. But in this instant, it felt like she was finally accepting that she had never been good enough for her ex. She hadn’t been the right girl for him, and now…



Now, Buffy was okay with that. She’d gotten over losing him, but something inside her had always hurt every time she’d think about how he hadn’t loved her like she’d loved him. But all of a sudden, she felt okay about it. She felt a weight lift off of her shoulders and she smiled.



Buffy and Angel were over, and she was through feeling less than adequate over a relationship that had cut her into a million pieces.



She didn’t want or need to be ‘beautiful’ in his eyes.



The girl smiled. “Let’s go eat.” She turned to walk away but felt a hand encircle her arm. She frowned and turned to meet a pair of uneasy brown eyes.

“Buffy…”

“Yeah…?”

“I- I missed you.”

She nodded. “Well, Angel, to tell you the truth… I missed you, too.” He took a step closer and smiled warmly down at her. “At first.” Buffy finished delicately.



The brunette frowned.



“Truthfully Angel, I haven’t thought about you for a while now. It’s been… a long time.” She started for the stairs again but the man stepped out in front of her. She sighed. “What is it? If you have something to say just say it-”

“Buffy, I want you back. I still love you.”

“-already. Whoa- Wha- What?”



***



Spike had just finished giving Joyce his father’s apologies for not being able to make it to the barbeque when he noticed Buffy was gone.



He went to check inside the house but the Brit was noticed by TJ’s father.



Bloody hell.



***



“I said I still love you.”

“Bu- Wha- Are you- Are you joking?!” She asked, feeling out of breath all of a sudden.

“No.” He stepped closer and took her hands in his. “Look Buffy- I was so stupid to end things be-”



Feeling him touching her seemed to snap the blonde out of shock long enough for her to rip her hands away and interrupt him. “H- How dare you!”

Angel looked at her confused. “Buffy, what-”



“Y- You come into my town, you act like everything is normal, like we’re two old friends and that you DIDN’T rip my heart out a year ago, and now you tell me that you’re still in love with me?! While you KNOW that I’m dating somebody else! How dare you, you inconsiderate, pig headed-”

“Buffy- Please! Just give me a chance to explain-”

“-invasive, overbearing, jackass!”



Angel looked stricken and he changed his tone to quiet, his shoulders slouched with his hands clasped together. “What is this Buffy? I thought you’d be happy.”



She was shaking with anger. She suddenly saw it now, that same thing Spike had seen in her ex when they’d met at The Bunny Hutch. Angel had a controlling side to him, a side that believed Buffy was HIS, and would always be his. “I am not going to get all happy and teary eyed just because you come back into town and say that you still have feelings for me, Angel. God, how dense do you think I am?!”

“Wha- Buffy, you’re anything BUT dense- I-”



“What?” She stepped closer, causing Angel to back away. “You just thought I’d come crawling back to you? Sorry Angel, but we’re over. We were over a long time ago when YOU first made that decision.” And with that, the girl practically ran down the stairs flustered- Actually, flustered would be an understatement to how she was feeling at the moment.



When she reached the bottom Angel quickly turned her around. “What- You’ve got that ‘Spike’ guy as your boyfriend now? Buffy, you and me, we're forever-”



“Forever?” She whispered with barely controlled rage coating her voice. “FOREVER? Angel, we were through the minute you called me and said it was over. And ya know what? We’re STILL over.” She went to leave before changing her mind and speaking with the strongest amount of resolve she’d ever used. “And yes, I DO have Spike, and I’m never letting go of him.” She twisted around again, her back facing her ex.



“God, don’t try and tell me some punk idiot with a foreign accent can come between us, Buffy!”



She turned back to face him and talked through clenched teeth. “You’ve got some nerve. I’ll have you know that Spike has been kinder and has made me feel things you never even came close to-”

“Buffy stop and listen to yourself! We’re meant to be together, don’t you feel it?!”



“I don’t feel anything.” She shook her head and tightened her jaw.



“That’s bull!” He stepped closer, grabbed her hands, and held them to his chest. “I love you Buffy.” He said in a deep voice. “And I know you’re lying to yourself when you say you don’t feel something between us.”



“Ly- Lying?!” She sputtered and managed to pull her hands away. Angel was hitting all the right buttons if he wanted a broken nose. “Oh my God, do you hear how full of yourself you sound?! Angel, we are DONE!” The teen ran her fingers restlessly through her hair. “Crap, I can’t believe we’re even doing this. I KNEW something would go wrong at this fucking barbeque!”

Angel’s eyes bugged. “Since when did you start talking like THAT?!”



She rolled her eyes and gave him an “Are you kidding me” look. “I’m seventeen not five, you moron.”

“This Spike guy has you acting like a stranger Buffy. He’s no good for you.”



“Excuse me but I think *I* can choose my own boyfriend thank you very much! And for your information, Spike is INCREDIBLE! He’s the only person who LETS me act like myself!” She forced herself to take a much needed step back and grit her teeth. “Ya know what, Angel? Don’t- just don’t… talk to me for a while, okay? If you open your mouth one more time today I’m likely to hit you very hard.” She headed for the kitchen just as she thought she heard the back door open.

“You’re still my girl, Buffy. Always.” Her ex spoke loudly, but didn’t yell.



Buffy turned around in a swirl of blonde hair and sweat. She had seriously had enough of this. “No! I am not your girl!”



When Buffy went to leave again she was flung around and a pair of lips that hadn’t touched hers in over a year pressed against her mouth before she could blink.



And that’s when Spike walked in.
End Notes:
This one was a little longer than the others, review please :) they make me write more! I swear, they're like steroids for my muse.
Chapter 21 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I am SUPER sorry this one took so long to post, I'm having writer's block and my silly friend decided to have people over the other day, which meant that I couldn't be a hermit and stay inside writing =( AND I AM SUPER NERVOUS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER I FEEL LIKE I COULDN'T WRITE IT WELL NO MATTER WHAT I DID. 22 might take a while cuz it is NOT writing itself but hope ya like this one! =)
Buffy was so taken off guard at first that for a second she didn’t even react, then as soon as her brain caught up with her, the blonde pushed her ex away and slapped him across the cheek.

Before Angel could even turn his head back to her, the brunette was shoved up against the front door, his back slamming violently into the wood with Spike holding him there.

The Brit’s arm was across Angel’s throat as he slammed his fist next to the other man’s head. “What the fucking hell do you think you’re doing?!” He shouted in his face.

“Spike!” Buffy yelled. God, this really ranked high on the suckage scale.

Angel was breathing hard as he struggled beneath the strength of the other man. “What’re ya gonna do, ‘Spike’?” He said the Brit’s name in a snide tone. “Fight for your ‘girlfriend’? Don’t you know you’re not good enough for her, that she doesn’t want you?”
He snarled. “Shut your bloody gob before-”

“Spike!” Buffy grabbed his arm and he stilled, nostrils flaring and jaw clenching on overdrive. “Come on…” She spoke gently and pulled on his arm again. When he didn’t move she kept tugging. “Spike, let’s go. Come on!” She finally managed to wretch him away from Angel and the brunette relaxed against the door.

Spike stood stock still and ignored Buffy’s insistent pulling on his hand. He felt hot fury racing through his veins, and all he wanted- ALL HE BLODDY WELL WANTED –was to rip off Angel’s head. He couldn’t believe the bastard actually tried touching Buffy. And the things the brunette said, they got to Spike. He hated to admit it, but they got to him.

The Pratt boy knew he wasn’t good enough for her, he’d found that out after the night of the carnival. Except he couldn’t let her go, he knew that he needed her and he also hoped that she needed him. He saw something inside of her that SHE hadn’t been able to see, or refused to see, and Spike knew that he was the perfect person to help Buffy discover that part of herself. But he also knew that she could do better than him. She could learn more about herself, she could accept the parts of her personality that she hadn’t yet explored, and she could become a happier person for it all; but she could also, after he was through teaching her things, after she no longer got excited about the things he made her feel, she could move on. She deserved better than a guy who liked cars, wrote bloody awful poetry, and stole, and didn’t go to class. She deserved better.

And that knowledge was the thing that scared him the most in the world.

That knowledge was the major thing Spike avoided and refused to think about on a daily basis. Buffy Anne Summers was strong and shining, she was smart and witty. She wasn’t perfect by any means, but that’s what made her perfect. She was just Buffy. He wanted her with everything in his body and soul, and if he lost her, he’d crumble. She could make her own decisions and she was her own person, she didn’t need protecting or coddling, even though Spike would always watch over her no matter what she did. And he just hoped that she saw something worthwhile in him after she no longer felt like she needed him, because he was in far too deep to lose her without falling apart.

So that’s why, when her past love had said those things about being unworthy, and in front of Buffy no less, Spike had used every ounce of control in himself to stop from lunging at Angel.

“You stay the hell away from her.” Spike growled. No way was anyone going to get in between him and his girl. She was HIS dammit! He couldn’t lose her and even if she decided she wanted better than him in the future, no way was he going ANYWHERE without a fight.

She spoke before Angel could make a comment. “Spike, please- let’s go- NOW.” The woman finally managed to get her boyfriend to follow her out of the room.

Buffy was in a daze. She could have sworn there was more than just wrath in Spike’s eyes when he was attacking her ex. She could have sworn she’d seen something that made tears well up in her own eyes. She’d seen doubt. Doubt in something, she wasn’t sure what, but there was doubt and it had her questioning just about everything.

She tugged Spike outside, through the backyard, and through the gate to the front of the house.

He let her pull him away, they both needed time to be alone together and have contact. Physical contact.

He needed her. She needed him. And that was all that mattered.

Buffy pulled him by his tank top and pushed herself up against a tree trunk. She was letting him have the dominating position. She knew he needed it, she needed it. She was all his.

He kissed her before she could even think. The amount of desperation and anxiety in his kiss was breaking her heart. His hands were in her hair and hers were on his face. They couldn’t break apart.

Through the sweet and hot mingling of their mouths, while she was drunk on the taste of him and loving the feeling of his hands gripping her waist, she figured it out. The doubt. Why it had been there.

He doubted her and her feelings for him. He doubted himself, too. He doubted their relationship.

The only thing that managed to separate the couple was a desperate need for air a couple minutes later. “You know don’t you? You know that I love you right?” She asked while holding back tears. “A- Angel shoved his tongue down my throat- I swear he means nothing to me anymore- you understand? Nothing! And I saw- how you looked at him…” She trailed off in a quiet insecure tone, breathing raggedly from nerves and long Spike kissage. “Spike, you looked scared. N- Not of him but of what he was saying and… Do you doubt me?”

Spike’s heart dropped. Oh God how did she read him so well? How the fucking fuck did she understand exactly what he was thinking when he hadn’t even said anything. He knew what was next. He’d tell her the truth, because he couldn’t lie to her, and then she’d say something along the lines of “You mean everything to me, and I will never leave you.” And sure, pretty words like that would soothe the wounds and worries for a while, but then reality would creep back in and-

“Spike, remember when I told you about my dad leaving?” She saw everything in his eyes; it was as if she could read the words that were going through his head. She knew what he felt and then she realized WHY he felt it.

He didn’t know. God he didn’t know all that he meant to her.

The Brit nodded, fighting back tears as he rested his forehead against hers and cupped the back of her head in his hands. He was just breathing so hard.

“Right. Well do you remember how I told you about the DAY he left, when I was thirteen and- and what he said to me?” Her voice was shaky.

Spike nodded silently again.

Buffy threaded her fingers into the hair at the back of his head and nodded hers. “Well when he looked at me that day, and he said ‘Goodbye Buffy’ even after I begged him to stay and cried my eyes out. Even after I pulled on his white dress shirt and asked him to please stay for my mom and my sister. Even after I said he didn’t have to stay for me, he just needed to stay for Dawn or my mom or for the short distance between his work and the house- just for something! Even after I stood in the doorway when he was driving away and I waved to him, he left… And he didn’t even wave back.” She bit her lip as a tear rolled down her cheek. That was when Spike opened his eyes and looked at her before he started talking. “Oh baby, don’t cry, plea-”

“He didn’t even wave back.” She interrupted before continuing. “Spike, he was my FATHER and he left me, even after I BEGGED him to stay and… and even with Angel, I never felt secure. I was never able to say that I knew for SURE that he would stay by my side. Not Riley or Owen or Parker OR Angel… I have NEVER felt secure before. I’m always afraid someone’s going to leave me and…” The girl kissed him sweetly before pulling away, tears streaming down her cheeks now. “I never even ONCE, not even for a single minute, felt like you’d abandon me; even if I got scared sometimes or I had bad thoughts of you not caring, I always FELT that you would never let me go. No one’s made me feel like that since I was thirteen years old and that is why I fell in love with you, William Pratt. Because you make me feel safe and feel like I can screw up and fall down… and I know that you’ll always be there to pick me up.” She laughed with wet eyes and a sniffle. “And you’re stubborn as hell so even if I DID kick you to the curb, I know that you wouldn’t leave. I know that you’re as hard headed as I am and that you’re way more sensitive than you like to admit, and that you clench your jaw when you’re angry and that you have eyelashes that should sooooo not be on a guy. And that you love onions cuz you had an obscene amount on your burger while we were at The Bunny Hutch. And I know that you most likely have reading glasses at home hidden in your bedroom somewhere, because I saw an empty bottle of contact solution in your car, and I’m not even going to ask WHY that was in your CAR of all places. And I know that you’re the ‘Big Bad’ who wears leather and at the same time loves poetry. And I know that you have more strength and more passion and love in your heart than any other person I’ve met in my WHOLE life. I know that you’re still not over losing your mom and you probably never will be… and I also know, for reasons I just plain do not understand, that you love me- Buffy; a scared little blonde girl. A girl who hasn’t been able to trust a guy she’s cared about since her father abandoned her four years ago. A girl who talks too much, can’t drive, and is inexperienced in just about everything. A girl who has never felt more comfortable or safer than when she’s in your arms. YOUR arms, Spike.” She cupped his face with her hands. “No one else’s.”

Spike felt torn apart, split in half, and sewn back together with a strong thread that stung and burned and soothed all at once. He was soaring and at seeing her tears he brushed them away with his thumbs, shaking like a leaf and needing his beautiful, perfect girl more than ever before.

“I love you and there is nothing that is going to change that.” She whispered to him with utter resoluteness.

Spike was thoroughly and completely undone. He would walk through hell for this woman if she asked him to. She hadn’t said what he expected, and he loved her even more for declaring what she had. It was hard for her to say but she’d said it anyways because he’d needed to hear it. The man attacked her lips with his and swore to God and the Devil and everything else in between, that he would never be letting Buffy go. Never.

He pulled away to speak determinedly and with complete passion and resolve. “I love you. Bloody hell, I love you so, so much. Forever, I am completely yours, Buffy. Christ-” He was kissing her face everywhere he could as he spoke. “Forever.”

She was smiling and the tears wouldn’t stop, but now they were there for a different reason. “You understand now? Because I don’t ever wanna see that look in your eyes that I saw when- Mmm!” He interrupted her with another kiss.

He broke away. “Love, I get it. I still can’t quite believe it but- Christ I get it. And I’m gonna spend however long I can loving you and showing you everything you want to see.”
“Hey! Not that I have a problem with that plan but you do know that I’m not just in love with how you make me feel free and different- I’m in love with YOU.”

The man was breathing raggedly. “Yes, yes, yes, and I don’t think I could ever let you go now that you’ve made me aware of tha’ lil fact. You’re stuck with me, Summers.”

“Pfft! Who are you kidding? I was stuck with you the moment we kissed at the carnival.” She smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around his neck. The tears were finally drying.
“True statement, poodle. Hope you’re okay with that…”
“Poodle? Hmm.” She frowned softly then smiled. “And I’ve never been okay-er.” She stood up on tip toes and kissed him deeply.

Spike hugged her waist. He was tasting heaven and he wasn’t going to ever give it up.

Buffy was thinking the same thing
.
“Buffy?! Buffy Anne Summers, where are yo- Oh!” Joyce stilled, staring at the picture in front of her, of Buffy and her boyfriend making out against a tree. She could have really gone through life without seeing this.

Buffy and Spike broke apart at the “Oh!” part of that sentence. Then Buffy promptly blanched and cringed. Really? Her mother? NOW?! Guh, she couldn’t catch a break! “Sorry mom! We’ll um… be there in a minute!”

Joyce nodded with her hand covering her eyes. “Yes you both will! Now… hurry up!” Then she turned and left.

Spike looked up at the sky and groaned. “She still gonna think I’m ‘adorable’ now, kitten?”
Buffy laughed and looked at the ground, idly wondering how he could refer to her as "poodle" on minute and then "kitten" the next. “Oh I hope so. C’mon, let’s go before we start crying and kissing all over again.” She wiped at his eyes and he took her hands and kissed them.

“Alright. But I hope you know that if that ex f’yours so much as looks at you, I’ll kill him.”
Buffy groaned. “God! I completely forgot about him- ugh, okay. Look, you be good and ignore him, alright. Promise me? I already slapped him and my mom would HATE to see you getting all violent.”
He took a deep breath and pulled her closer. “Baby, if he even THINKS of coming near you again, he’s dead, ya got me?”
She sighed. She knew she wasn’t going to win this one. “Just please TRY and control yourself. For me?”

Spike swallowed. “For you.” The boy nodded but knew he might very well pummel Captain Forehead before this bloody barbecue was over.

***

Buffy sat down at the now filled picnic table. Everyone held a seat, and she and Spike were together at the end. And since neither blonde thought ahead of time about seating arrangements, Dawn and TJ were across from them, with Angel sitting next to Dawn.

Meaning, that Spike and Buffy, were both close enough to Angel to hate where they were sitting.

Soon enough conversation set in. And through all the chattering, Angel didn’t act awkward or wary, just normal. He joined in with the adults while Dawn and TJ held hands under the table, and Spike sat ready to pounce while Buffy kept darting her eyes back and forth between her boyfriend and her ex.

After about ten minutes of no one bothering the teenaged couple, Joyce realized Spike hadn’t been formally introduced to either TJ’s or Angel’s parents.

“Oh William?”

Spike wiped his mouth with a napkin and turned toward Buffy’s mother. “Yes, Joyce?”

He asked the question in a higher class version of his own accent and Buffy wondered if he always did that when he was talking to adults. Probably not, she thought. Probably just people whose opinions he cares about. Which wouldn’t be many.

“I forgot to introduce you to everyone. I know you already met Dawn, and you also know both Angel and TJ…” She gestured with her hand to each person as she named them. “These are TJ’s parents, Bob and Marsha Scott.” The married couple nodded in greeting, and Spike said hello. Then Joyce listed the last two people. “And these are Angel’s parents, Derek and Alice O’Connor.”

Spike offered a polite greeting and silently urged himself to stay civil. After all it wasn’t Peaches’ parents who’d been macking on Buffy.

After Joyce informed those at the table who didn’t know, that William was Buffy’s boyfriend, Mr. O’Connor started up a conversation with the teenagers. “So how long have you two kids been dating?”
“About a week.” Buffy answered, playing with the pop top on her soda can. She felt really uncomfortable talking about this with her ex’s father, but he’d asked. She was just hoping he would change the topic soon.

“Ah, I see. Ya know I figured you two were together when I noticed you both earlier. You seemed all… all… Ugh, what’s the word Alice?”
“Lovey-dovey?” His wife offered.
“Yeah, that works. Anyway, ya two just had that look about ya. Like my Liam here used to have when he used to go with you, Buffy.”

Buffy almost choked on her food. She coughed and took a large sip of her soda, gently touching Spike’s hand before he could break the plastic fork he held. “W- Well, um… I guess so.”
“Yeah, ya know before my son here decided to spit out his brains and break it off with you, I thought you two were gonna get married.”

Buffy almost fainted. Either Angel’s dad had turned into a colossal dick since she’d last seen him, or he wanted her and his son back together.

Or ya know, he was just really, really dumb.

Spike for his part, managed to not attack the older man. Buffy was rather proud of him actually.

Thankfully, Mr. O’Connor didn’t continue with the “Angel and Buffy are meant to be” speech. “You know, my wife and I were high school sweethearts. But we weren’t a perfect couple. Actually we broke up for a little while.”

Alice nodded in agreement before Derek started again. “Then, while we were broken up, Alice met a new man. They started going steady for a while and that’s when I realized…” He turned his head towards his wife. “…that I couldn’t live without her. And so I fought for her and ya know what?”
“What, dad?” Angel smiled and asked imploringly. This was the first time he’d said anything in the conversation and Buffy hated the smirk he held on his face.

Spike sat completely still, not moving a muscle. Buffy actually wondered if he was breathing or not.

Derek continued. “I married her!” The man started laughing, obviously very proud with his ending. Alice, Joyce, and The Scott’s all smiled before Bob started telling the story of his and Marsha’s romantic history. That was when Angel turned his bemused, cocky expression towards Spike and offered a knowing nod of the head.

Buffy was mentally screaming at the horribleness of the situation.

She knew that nothing good could come from Mr. O’Connor’s story combined with Angel’s sarcastic sympathetic expression, and so the Summers girl grabbed Spike’s head and smashed her lips to his before he could cause a scene. She managed to prevent her boyfriend’s plan to lunge across the table at Angel and the girl didn’t care one bit if her mother scolded her for the PDA this time.

As their tongues intertwined and their lips touched, all Buffy could think was how much she hoped Spike knew that Angel was wrong. That everything she’d told her boyfriend out front against that tree was the truth and that she loved him.

Spike did know it. And the expression he saw out of the corner of his eye that NOW rested on Angel’s face was extremely uplifting. So the Brit smiled into the kiss and pulled Buffy closer, wrapping his arms around her ribcage and breathing her in, loving her.

Buffy kind of forgot that she was trying to confirm her feelings for Spike through her kiss and COMPLETELY forgot that Angel was even sitting across from them. She forgot about everything. All she felt and all she knew was Spike and his kiss, his taste. She loved him and dear God it would kill her if she ever lost him.

Spike was just about to pull her onto his lap when Joyce cleared her throat pointedly and Buffy pulled away, breathless. His girl gulped and looked into his eyes as she let out a hasty “Sorry mom.”

Spike just grinned.

Angel sat across the table fuming. It was one thing to see Buffy with another man, but THAT had pushed him too far…

Conversation between Joyce and the adults who hadn’t noticed the little make out session went on simply. Dawn and TJ had actually excused themselves before the kissing had even started.

Spike and Buffy quickly decided it’d be best to finish eating fast before anything else was said or done to cause a disaster. When their plates were empty the woman went to grab her bag from inside the house that held everything she needed for tonight. She knew that since her and Spike had stayed for a while and had both eaten, her mom would let them leave for the evening.

Spike picked up their empty plates and pop cans and went inside to throw them away.

It was going on five-thirty now. There were two reasons him and Buffy were leaving before the gang was actually supposed to gather at the circle. For one, neither of the two blondes thought it’d be a good idea to stay any longer. And secondly, Joyce would be wondering what it was they were planning for the evening if they didn’t leave Buffy’s house until eight o’clock at night.

Spike tossed away the garbage and heard the back door open and close. He didn’t need to turn around to know who it was. “What d’you want, Peaches?”

Angel stood on the opposite side of the island. “Oh ya know, just wanted to chat ‘William’.”
Spike gripped the counter. His back was still facing the brunette. “A chat eh?” He turned around. “There isn’t much you’re gonna be able to say before I decide I wanna pummel your arse. Best idea here would be to jus-”

“Ah ah ah ‘Willy’. You can’t start a fight here. It’d be an insult to Buffy’s mom. Besides…” Angel crossed his arms and sighed dramatically. “I don’t really think Joyce would like her daughter dating someone who encouraged violence, now do you?”

Spike’s jaw clenched. “Guess you’re right. Wouldn’t wanna waste my time on you anyway. S’not like you’re a threat.”

Angel actually had the audacity to laugh. “Oh see that’s where you’re wrong. So so wrong.” His lips curled upwards a little as he took a few steps over to the other side of the counter. “I’ll always be a threat to you, Spike. Buffy and I are- Oh I’m sorry…” He waved his hand in the air and smiled with fake sweetness, as if he was just humoring the other man in editing his sentence. “I guess ‘were’ is more… appropriate. Well anyway, we WERE perfect together. A girl never forgets her first love… especially one like ours.”

“Yeah well…” Spike took a step closer to the guy he REALLY wanted to kill and his nostrils flared. “Looks like she’s learned from her mistakes.”

Angel took another step, too. Now the men’s chests were only about an inch or two apart.

“Well, she should be coming back to me pretty soon then. I’d say you’re the mistake.”
“She wouldn’t touch you, you arrogant prick.” Spike growled. “Buffy is done with your pathetic arse, and she’s a smart enough girl to be through with you. You left her and now she knows that you did her- and ME… a favor, mate.”
Angel swallowed and gritted his teeth. “If I want her back there is NOTHING you can do to stop me, ‘Spike’. Buffy will always love me and she’ll never be yours- Oh wait…” He smiled, succeeding in sending Spike’s temper higher and higher. “You already know that don’t you.”

Spike’s hands fisted at his sides as his anger flared. “You are ONE step away-”

“From what? C’mon Spike, ya know it’s true. Didn’t you have a first love? A person before you met Buffy?” Angel asked, his eyes twinkling. Spike’s silence was all he needed for an answer. “Yeah, and don’t you think about her every now and then? Don’t you wonder about what could have been with that chick, whoever she was, if you two hadn’t broken up?” The Brit said nothing and the brunette nodded. “Yeah… and don’t you wish that it’d never ended between you and your ex. Isn’t there at least some part of you that MISSES her?”

Spike swallowed. The stuff Angel was saying was pushing him to the brink. The brunette’s taunts weren’t even CLOSE to things concerning Drusilla. What Spike felt for his ex wasn’t complicated, and he didn’t want her back, he wanted BUFFY. Angel’s words simply weren’t true. However, the Poof didn’t have the right to know anything about Spike’s past.

And so Angel was still royally succeeding in pissing him off.

The taller man smiled and quickly, just for a second, let his eyes focus on the woman he’d seen walk into the doorway of the kitchen a minute or so ago. He grinned mentally.
“C’mon Spike, admit it… you’d rather be with your past love, whoever the girl was, and you feel that way because she was your whole world. Just like Buffy was mine… and I was hers.” Another string that was holding Spike’s control broke.
“And oh wait!” Angel could see the other man was about to snap, which was just what he wanted. “You miss your ex, you still have feelings for her because she was your first love. And if you admit that, then you can also admit that first loves never go away…”

Spike never noticed the blonde behind him leaving the room in tears.

Angel smiled when he saw the girl run away. Now all he had to do was get Spike to break. “… and so doesn’t that mean…” He squint his eyes as he looked directly into the blues of the other man. “… that Buffy still loves me?”

Spike was done. He landed a punch to Angel’s face so hard and fast that the other man could only stumble back into the counter, holding his face and… and laughing.

All of a sudden there was a shout and all eyes went to TJ who’d just witnessed the punch and was now running off to report it to his parents.

Spike suddenly realized what he’d just done and swore under his breath; Joyce would definitely not like this. And neither would Buffy. Buffy- Shit! He’d promised to try and behave, he’d promised to keep it under control. The man ignored Angel’s dramatic moans behind him, not even wondering why the giant sod wasn’t fighting back. Maybe Buffy’s mum wouldn’t react as badly to this as he thought. The only problem was that he knew that with the whole Riley history, she probably would. Spike shook his head, rolled his eyes, and groaned. Joyce had also witnessed Buffy and himself macking on each other twice now, which was never a good thing, parents seeing that stuff.

***

Buffy ran up to her bedroom in tears. She threw the bag she’d been holding onto the ground and flung herself on the bed.

She swallowed. How could someone NOT speaking, saying no words, not even a response, hurt so much? He’d kept silent and it had killed her. It felt like she was… God, she didn’t know what the feeling inside of her was but she hated it. She HATED it!

She had walked into the kitchen just as her ex had asked Spike if he’d ever had a first love. And when Spike hadn’t said anything to Angel’s continuing accusations, it had confirmed them, and it had felt like a bullet through Buffy’s heart. She was still crying and the room was blurring. God she hated to cry.

The girl clutched at her stomach, wishing the sickness away. It had all been fake, wrong. All the things he had told her about Dru, all the feelings he’d said he still held for his ex but claimed didn’t matter because he didn’t want her back. All of the things that had made perfect sense because she felt similar things for Angel, the sadness and disappointment that the love had died, but not the regret that the relationship had ended because they had each other now. The love Spike had said he felt for Buffy, the feelings he’d said he held. He might not have been deliberately lying about his feelings, but he sure as hell would have chosen his first love if he’d had the chance. Buffy knew that now and it felt like a wrecking ball had slammed into her body. She was second choice to him and he still loved Drusilla.

***

Spike wondered where Buffy was, but then remembered she’d gone upstairs to get her things for tonight. Damn, he probably wouldn’t get a chance to talk to her before-

Suddenly, Joyce and Mrs. O’Connor stormed in and went into action. Angel’s mom got an ice pack and started asking her son if he was okay while Joyce examined the situation and began fuming.

Buffy’s mother hadn’t seemed like a scary person when Spike first met her, but bloody hell had he been wrong! Joyce asked him if what TJ had reported was accurate, and just as Spike was stumbling over his own tongue, the woman interrupted him and told him to leave.

Yep, he was getting his arse kicked out of the house. Fuck.

Spike tried to talk but Joyce interrupted again and told him to get out before she kicked him out herself.

She finally yelled when all Spike did was stand there staring at the man he really wished he’d had a chance to kill, and then the boy quickly stuttered an apology before running out of the house.

The teen mentally kicked himself. Now Joyce would surely hate him. Buffy would be told everything that had happened with Angel as soon as her mum found her, and then the girl would be forbidden to see her boyfriend

Spike stormed into his house, hating the whole sodding situation. Christ it would be difficult to see his girl now, but he’d be damned if he was going to walk away from her.
End Notes:
REVIEW PLEASE! Maybe it will help with my dumb writer's block. I know some of you were thinking that there would be a misunderstanding of the whole B/A kissage but c'mon? Spike would NEVER just take that lying down, and Buffy isn't an idiot :) I know I was evil for leaving you with a cliff hanger, though. Sorry about that... except I'm not cuz I'm a little evil, BUT WE'VE COVERED THIS. *grins*
Chapter 22 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I APOLOGIZE WITH ALL THE POWER OF MY SOUL TO YOU GUYS FOR TAKING SO LONG ON THIS CHAPTER! my mind just wouldn't work and i couldn't write it and I hope I can write the next one in less time than it took me to write this one. Here's 22!
Spike had stomped up to his bedroom and decided to shower, he was tense as fuck. He needed to talk to Buffy, and probably attempt to have a conversation with Joyce, but everything needed time to cool down before he tried to fix things. Besides, Buffy’s mum most likely wouldn’t like him coming over… for… awhile…

While the teenager was letting the hot water fall down his back, he frowned and his eyes shot open. How long would he have to…

Spike placed his hands on the cool, tiled wall. Buffy and he had discussed how much Joyce hated violence in general. Between Joyce’s opinions AND the Riley incident, the woman’s daughter knew that if her mother saw a current boyfriend involved in any sort of fighting, Buffy would most likely be forbidden from seeing said boyfriend.

Buffy had made this abundantly clear to Spike several times.

The Brit got out of the shower and dried off while frowning and breathing heavily. Earlier, the only thing he’d thought about was how much that Angel ponce was pissing him off. Then, when Joyce had come in- hell, up until RIGHT NOW, Spike had simply figured he would talk to Buffy and then Mrs. Summers and explain everything. He’d planned on having a chat with Joyce, he would apologize, tell her everything Angel had said to set him off if need be. The teen had figured this whole situation would eventually blow over and he and Buffy would be back to normal in a couple of days- a week at the most!

Spike had known it would be difficult to see his girl, but he’d also thought that, sooner rather than later, everything would be just fine.

But as the man slipped on his ripped jeans for the second time that day and ruffled his hair dry with a towel- he realized…

He could lose her over this.

That’s when Spike lost it. He cursed the air and punched the wall a couple of times. He went into the basement and wailed on the punching bag with bare handed cruelty, hating himself for losing his temper over a big forehead-ed, more like FIVEhead-ed, pillock.

He hated Angel for what he’d done. The big git had been trying to goad Spike into throwing a punch, he’d wanted the Brit to make the first move, and Spike played directly into the asshole’s hand.

The bleached teen hated Angel, he hated himself, he hated Joyce for not giving him a chance to explain, he hated just about everything.

And the worst part of all of this was that he could very well lose Buffy. After all the things they’d shared, everything that was felt and said, this potential falling out had all boiled down to his lack of fucking control.

He just had to talk to her, explain that he didn’t care if her mum DID hate him, he wasn’t leaving.

Spike was going to go back over there, and he sure as hell wasn’t going to risk Joyce throwing him out again. He’d sneak into Buffy’s bedroom and he was NOT going to leave until she understood that he wasn’t giving her up. Spike was going to get his girl back and he wasn’t going to leave her side no matter WHAT her mum’s opinions were. He didn’t give a damn if they had to start reenacting a sodding tragedy, the man would GLADLY sneak out and hide their relationship if that’s what it took to keep Buffy. He needed her.

Spike just really hoped Joyce’s feelings didn’t frighten her daughter into breaking the relationship off herself, because if that were the case, then he would truly break. But he had faith in Buffy, she was stronger than that.

He took all of his frustrations, pain, sadness, and fear out on the punching bag, and now he was sweating like a pig.

Spike didn’t bother showering again, he just called Gunn and told him he wouldn’t be heading to the circle after all tonight, but the Brit didn’t explain why.

Spike grabbed a beer from his fridge and started counting down the hours until midnight. He knew Joyce and Dawn would both be asleep by then, which was when he planned on sneaking over to see Buffy. He debated calling her but knew it’d be too risky when her mother was probably having a cow. Joyce would most likely just answer the damn phone herself.

He took another swig of his drink. If he didn’t fix this he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself. And he was beating the living hell out of Angel the next time he saw the wanker, no matter where the fuck they were.

***

Buffy hugged Mr. Gordo to her chest
.
Spike had never been the guy, HER guy, he’d always belonged to his ex. God, why was this so painful…

Oh yeah, because Buffy loved him.

Another sob broke through her throat. The guests had all left a few hours ago. Joyce had checked on her after Spike left, but all she’d done was clarify to her daughter that Buffy was forbidden from seeing William any longer. Joyce didn’t explain why.

The girl had answered her mother with silence, not even tears. When her mom had finally given up and said that she’d give Buffy her space, that’s when the teen had allowed the dam to break. She’d pulled back her emotions the second she’d heard her mom coming up the stairs, knowing Joyce would come in and try to soothe her aches, but Buffy just needed to be left alone. The teen hadn’t even wondered why her mom had forbidden her from seeing Spike any longer.

She honestly just figured that Joyce had assumed she was crying over Spike and had automatically taken on the role of supportive mother/hate the boy who hurt your daughter.

Buffy didn’t care. She was heartbroken. She felt weak, something she hated.

Her stomach physically hurt and her cheeks burned from crying so much. Her chest literally throbbed. Her nose was runny and her throat felt sore. Why did she have to be second best for him? What was it about his ex that kept him so enamored?

Is she prettier than me? Funnier than me? Does he prefer brunettes to blondes? Was she smarter- No, Spike had said she was actually a little messed up in the head. Wait, was it that? Did he like her crazy ramblings? Oh GOD! I need to stop this!

It didn’t matter what or why he still loved Drusilla, all that mattered was that he did and Buffy couldn’t be with him like this…

She sniffled again and hugged her stuffed pig tighter. Was it all a lie? Had he actually been telling her pretty untruths just to… to…

She didn’t know what. All Buffy knew right now was that she hated herself for falling so damnably fast and not guarding her heart, and she was broken.

***

It was midnight now and Buffy had just taken a hot shower, trying to soothe herself and stop the tears. The things just wouldn’t subside.

Her mom had come in to say goodnight about an hour ago. She hadn’t even asked Buffy what was wrong, figuring that it was the fact that she’d forbidden her daughter from seeing William and that the loss of the boyfriend was probably the same reason for Buffy’s behavior earlier, too. And Joyce knew that if she were to ask she’d just be met with silence anyhow.

She could talk with her daughter tomorrow.

After her mother left the room, the teen had called Willow explaining that things were cancelled for tonight, and the red head hadn’t pried much, just simply told Buffy that she was there if she needed to talk.

When Willow had said “I love you” to her before hanging up, it was all the blonde girl could do to reply with an “I love you, too” before bursting into tears at the sound of the dial tone.

Buffy’s lip had actually bled she’d chewed on it so much to try and stop the water works.

As she lay down to sleep in her soft bed with tear soaked pillow cases, the teen tried to will away the pain and called for rest.

***

Spike was in her yard, staring at the picnic table where they’d been kissing each other not too long ago. He couldn’t imagine being without her, and sneaking into her room right now was his chance to explain things.

If it didn’t work tonight, he’d try to talk with her tomorrow, but he really, really hoped he could see her tonight. He needed to make sure she knew that he wouldn’t stay away just because Joyce wanted him to.

He loved and needed Buffy’s perfect little pout, her kindness, her strength, her golden hair, and just basically HER. He needed her feet to rub when she was tired. He needed her wit to battle against in verbal spars. He needed the woman’s beautiful voice to talk to him and she who understood the things he never liked to talk about. He needed the kissing and the adventures and just the spending time with her. Spike had always been about action and getting into trouble, but with Buffy, he was happy with simply talking and sitting in comfortable silence. He was content just to be with her.

He loved her. He was actually afraid still, of how deeply she’d wormed her way into his heart. He didn’t know how it had happened, all he knew was that she was in his blood, his gut, and she wasn’t going anywhere.

Spike climbed up onto her roof and knocked on the girl’s bedroom window. The damn thing was locked and he wasn’t sure if she would wake up and let him in.

***

Buffy roused from her dozing at a thudding sound. She blinked her eyes open and immediately stared straight into the beautiful crystal blue orbs she’d come to love.

Her eyes betrayed her, and she promptly burst into tears at the sight of him. What was he doing here?! She couldn’t see him now, for one, she didn’t want him to see her weeping and everything was still too fresh for her to be able to hide her emotions from him. And for another, if her mom found him the lady would SO kill her boyfr- er, EX-boyfriend…

That thought made her burry her face in her hands and let lose a sob.

Spike wanted to break the bloody window for separating him from his girl, especially when she was in pain. He wanted to comfort her, and knowing that she’d started crying as soon as she’d seen him had Spike hating himself.

He knocked again.

Buffy peered up, eyes swollen. She saw the look of pure worry plastered on Spike’s face and wondered why he was even here. Shouldn’t he be waiting until tomorrow to call her and end things “officially” between them? Or maybe he wasn’t even planning on ending their relationship yet. Maybe he just wanted her until he could have his dear Drusilla back.

The woman sat up in bed and let her pain show through on her features. If she couldn’t hide it yet, well then she was going to show all of it to him so he’d know what he’d done to her. So Spike would know how he’d hurt her by pulling her in, whispering pretty promises and adoring sentences, by being caring and by telling her he loved her. Even if he didn’t know yet that she was aware of his lasting feelings for Drusilla, he’d still see the pain he’d caused Buffy.

And then she would break it off between them, before he could try and lie again or before he ended everything himself. She’d thrown out the idea that Spike hadn’t been actually lying, and instead had just been fooling himself or falsely thinking that he was in love with her. Buffy knew she wasn’t in a fairytale, Spike HAD known he still loved his ex, he’d just been stringing the gullible blonde along.

And she was SO done with it.

Buffy stood shakily on her legs and went to write her EX a note. He couldn’t feel pain for losing her? Fine. But he was at least going to see the pain he’d caused another human being, even IF it was hard for the girl to willingly show weakness.

***

Spike almost crumbled when he’d gotten a good look at the woman’s face. She looked so… betrayed and heartbroken that he lost his mind for a second. Had Joyce really been that bad? Was Buffy that angry about it? The man didn’t know but whatever it was that had put that horrible look on his girl’s face, he vowed to try his damndest to never let anything cause her such pain again. Spike had a feeling though, that all that hurt couldn’t be just because Joyce said-

Bloody hell where was she going? He turned his head to get a better look and followed her movements. Why wasn’t she opening the window? The Brit suddenly felt a strong gathering of doom in the air. His stomach dropped as what scared him most in the world became a very real possibility.

A piece of folded up white paper was slammed against the glass and Spike stared at it for half a second before directing his gaze toward the crying woman holding the note to the windowpane.

Buffy tried with everything she had to not bite her lip, and in doing so felt her mouth twist around into an ugly form. She sniffled and let the tears fall. She could tell by the half despairing half livid look on Spike’s face that he must hold some caring for her. He looked saddened by her pain and angered at the fact that she was even hurting to begin with. Maybe the protectiveness he’d felt towards her wasn’t all faked like his feelings had been. Maybe he had felt SOMETHING for little Buffy Summers, just not enough. Not love.

The girl ignored his call of her name as she slipped the thin paper under the window. She ignored his voice again as he continued to stare at her. She ignored it again when he took the note from where it slipped out on his side of the glass. She ignored it again as he quickly unfolded the message. She started sobbing noisily when she saw his face looking down at her written words.

*“We’re over, Spike. I’m sorry I wasn’t enough for you. Goodbye.”*

Spike’s heart plummeted. Did the whole thing with Angel really mean this much to her? God what did Joyce say? What was Buffy feeling? Why was this destroying everything? It couldn’t just be this- This couldn’t be the cause for an end- It couldn’t be the end. He couldn’t- NO! He couldn’t let this happen! It wasn’t- It was NOT bloody happening! He couldn’t fucking lose Buffy! He couldn’t lose her!

She unconsciously clutched her hand to her chest when he crumpled the paper and desperately tried talking to her through the barrier. His voice was very muffled and it sounded strained. He couldn’t possibly mean whatever it was he was saying and she couldn’t take the look on his face.

The girl pulled her curtains shut and cried harder when she heard his scream. She flinched and tried ignoring his pounding on the window and its frame. She didn’t care if he busted it. She could only feel herself sinking to the ground, digging her nails into the carpet and idly wondering how in such little time she’d come to care so much for one human being.

Spike gripped the top of the window and heaved in shaky breaths. He pounded on the glass again and shouted her name a few more times. He didn’t even think about whether he was going to wake anyone else up. He was not leaving until he fixed this, here and now! He wasn’t going to lose his girl, not now, not ever. He loved her too fucking much. The man knew he was acting as if his fiancé was leaving him rather than a girl he’d known for less than a month, but he simply didn’t give a damn. It was all so fast, they’d both been burned in the past but each had allowed the other in so easily, so trustingly, that they were too close now. They’d gotten too close too soon and now there was no safety net, no strength to fall back on; the couple hadn’t allowed fear to hold their emotions in at the beginning and now they were both falling apart.

Spike’s father believed people could fall in love very easily if they held feelings for each other, they just never let themselves stay open enough for it to happen quickly. Everyone was always so afraid and they kept their emotions bound until their passions grew to the point of consumption. But Charlie had always told his son, that if you allow yourself to trust and feel openly, without holding anything back, you’ll probably inevitably reach that point of no return very fast, and then you are truly buggered.

That was the way Mr. Pratt had felt about his wife he’d told his son, and Spike realized now that his father had never been more right about anything in his life.

Maybe it didn’t happen with many people, hell- maybe even if everybody WAS unafraid and open all the time it still took the right person to connect with, but Spike and Buffy fell in love with each other quick and hard. Their spirits were akin, parallel, matching- They were just drawn together.

The boy saw it now. He saw it and he could feel her slipping through his fingers as his heart tightened with every breath. He could hear her sobs on the other side of the window and he knew she loved him. And he knew it couldn’t just be Buffy’s mum who was keeping her away from him, his girl wouldn’t just let that happen. This girl loved with her entire being just like Spike did, and he knew that she would never just let the one she loved go without a fight. Buffy loved him, he knew she did, and he knew that there had to be something other than a mother’s disapproval keeping her away from him. She wasn’t one to just turn her head and accept what she was told, there had to be something else; there had to be!

Was it the fact that he’d failed at keeping his inner demon at bay with Angel? Could she feel like he’d betrayed her by hitting her ex after he’d promised to try and behave? No, that didn’t seem- Fuck! What the hell was it?! Spike banged on the window’s glass again with the palm of his hands, tears falling down his cheeks. She had to open up, he had to talk with her, understand what it was that was pulling her away so he could stop it! He wasn’t going to just let her hand him a note and then make everything be over, no bloody way! He loved her and if she would just open the window they could fix this! He would do anything for her, he needed her! Christ he felt like he couldn’t even breathe sitting outside her window, listening to her crying. She was in pain and he couldn’t do anything to stop it! And now he realized he had to be partially responsible for it, too; for her tears and the note; the note that had wrenched his bloody heart out and crushed it.

Spike shouted her name some more, if he stayed long enough then maybe she’d open the window and talk to him. This wasn’t going to end like this. He wasn’t going anywhere until she talked to him! She needed to scream and yell and let it out, she needed to call him names and tell him why she was so upset! She just needed to bloody well SPEAK to him! Anything would be better than a silent message on a piece of paper! He couldn’t take her acceptance of this as the end! He’d rather have her wrath and hurtful words- ANYTHING but this!

She was crying so hard he could hear her still and it was chopping him up into tiny pieces. He debated whether or not he should deliberately break the window, he really fucking wanted to!

The man groaned. Joyce would probably just wake up, cuss him out, and hate him even more.

He then growled loudly and callously. He was NOT leaving until she talked to him, but apparently screaming it frantically through the closed window wasn’t helping!

“Buffy let me in- Bloody hell, woman- don’t just hand me a note like that and shut me out! Talk to me, yell at me, hit me- I don’t care! Just talk to me, dammit!”

Buffy sat shaking on her bedroom floor. If he got any louder her mom was going to-

“I am not leaving here until you talk to me!”

The girl whimpered. He really wasn’t going to just leave her alone was he? Why the hell was he torturing her?!

Spike hit the window’s wooden frame with his fists and sobbed her name again. He couldn’t let her go. He loved her too much. She was his to care for and his to protect, to cherish, and already it felt like he was dying. She was crying and he couldn’t stand it! He couldn’t- fuck! This couldn’t be it! He couldn’t- He needed to fix this! NOW! He needed to hold her and make her tears stop and he needed to kiss her and hear her say that she wasn’t leaving him. She was Buffy, Spike needed her!

The girl angrily slammed her fists into the carpet. Her heart was beating a mile a minute and she could hear Spike begging outside her window, yelling for her to please open up and talk to him, calling her name. God, even when he screamed it he said her name in an extraordinary way that made her miss him even more.

The girl finally crawled over to the window and opened her curtains where she stared up into the wet face of the man she loved.

Spike looked down at her desperately with tears cascading down his cheeks. “Buffy, Christ baby PLEASE open this sodding window! I can’t handle being separated from you like this - I’m sorry ‘bout Angel, I didn’ know how bad your mum’d react! An m’sorry for whatever the bloody hell else I did! Know it can’t just be Joyce makin you want to end things- An I’m not letting that happen, I can’t-”

Buffy slammed her fist against the window frame suddenly, she was so damnably confused. What was he TALKING about?! She quickly unlocked the window and yanked it open before whispering harshly to him with tears still in her eyes. “Spike what the hell do you think you’re trying to pull?! What are you even saying?!”

“What am I-? Buffy- I’m tryna say I’m sorry! I just couldn’t stand it anymore, just acted- didn’t think. M’sorry your mum had to be there but Angel had it comin!” Spike leaned through her window then. “Look I-”

Buffy frowned and shook her head. “What are you talking about? Who had what coming?!”
Spike frowned and angrily wiped at his eyes. “Isn’- Aren’t you mad cuz I hit Angel?”
“Wait- WHEN did you hit Angel?!” She blinked her eyes and shook her head again. She wasn’t whispering anymore.

“Before! S’why your mum kicked me out!” Spike suddenly had a pretty good idea that they were both talking about two completely different things.

Buffy blinked again and… and… Wait, what the HELL was going on here?! “Wha- Spike I’m not upset because you hit Angel, hell I didn’t even KNOW you’d hit Angel! And WHEN did my mom kick you out?!” She shook her head and was breathing extremely hard. Things were SO mixed up right now!

He raised a brow. “What- BUFFY, wait a minute! You never talked with your mum after I left?”

The girl just shook her head, not trusting her voice anymore and being lost beyond all belief.

Spike frowned and tried to figure everything out in his head. If she hadn’t talked to Joyce- Why the fuck was she mad at ALL then? Spike swallowed and figured it’d be best to start from the beginning. “Love look, after you went to get your things from your room, Angel found me in the kitchen an he said some things that pissed me right off. I lost my cool and punched the wanker. Then your mum comes in, sees everythin and kicks me out- I didn’t get a chance to talk to you befor-”

“You hit him?” Buffy swallowed and didn’t allow herself to cry when Spike answered her question with a yes. She hadn’t known he’d hit her ex… Come to think of it, she’d just figured that Spike had left after talking with Angel because- actually she HADN’T thought of why he’d left! She’d been too focused on what he’d said- or rather, what he HADN’T said –after Angel had brought up all that first love bullshit. Maybe… God, okay, time to be strong Buffy, face the music.

She coughed and willed her tone of voice to be composed. The girl sat staring at his chest. “Spike, I- I heard everything Angel said… everything about ‘first loves’ and stuff?” She peered up at him and didn’t move until she saw comprehension slowly seep into his eyes, then she continued. “And when…” She looked down. “When you never said anything…” She swallowed back the lump in her throat. “I figured it was all true- th- that you wanted… That you were still in love with Drusilla.”

Buffy looked up again, and the boy almost collapsed with understanding.

His eyes widened. That explained it all. The thing about not being “enough” for him in her note, why she was so angry, her wanting to end the relationship; she doubted his feelings, she’d taken his silence as validation earlier, and she felt like she was second choice. Blind chit doesn’t know what she means to me... “God, Buffy…” He reached down and grabbed her face in his hands, smashing his lips to hers in a needy kiss.
End Notes:
Reviews? I know I don't deserve em for being so slow but please? I hope you enjoyed this one btw!
And please know that I am not saying Spike and Buffy are like soul mates in the whole destiny sense, I'm saying that they are both very similar individuals and they care deeply for each other. They are drawn to one another. =)
Chapter 23 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
The next chapter IS NOT written yet, unfortunately... but I'm gonna stay up late and start it because I can't keep holding these chapters up for you people! Anyways, here's 23! Hope you like!
Buffy whimpered and almost started balling again. She was getting lost in his taste. She needed to talk to him! To be sure everything was just a misunderstanding. She forced the boy away from her mouth and gripped his duster’s lapels. “Spike?” She sobbed. “What are you doing? What does this- I thought Drusilla was- Wh- What about what Angel said-”



Spike shook his head. “Buffy, NO! Nononono! Christ, I-” He quickly crawled through her window, causing her to move back. Once he was inside, Spike grabbed her shoulders and hauled her up to stand flush against him. “Love, listen to me.” His tone was strong and solid. “EVERYTHING Peaches spouted, I didn’t respond because I didn’t feel he had a right to know ANYTHING ‘bout me or my past. I didn’ wanna give the arse the satisfaction of hearin an answer an I just lost it after a couple a minutes. I punched the git an that buggerin TJ kid saw it. Figured Joyce woulda told you that you couldn’ see me anymore cuz I know how the lady feels ‘bout violence an so I came here to let you know that I wasn’t leaving. Knew there had to be somethin else botherin you when you gave me that soddin note. But I had no idea you’d heard the shit Angel was sayin. I SWEAR to you, Buffy, he was wrong! I don’t love Dru anymore, I love YOU! S’plained everythin I feel for my ex a while ago, thought you knew I didn’ care ‘bout her that way. I’d never’a thought… Bloody hell Buffy, m’sorry! I’m so bloody sorry! I didn’ think you’d EVER doubt how I feel about you. Hell, I love you more than I can stand it sometimes; I swear you’re killin me here. Just ‘bout had a fucking heart attack out there when you handed me that Dear John letter.”



Buffy felt so many things she couldn’t even comprehend her own emotions at the moment, and she started crying on the spot. But the tears were definitely from happiness because she could see the need and truth in Spike’s eyes. What he was saying made sense, and if he punched her ex then that explained a lot. “I- I did know how you felt- b- but, I thought... since you didn’t say anything when Angel-… Oh, Spike!” She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him to her like a lifeline.



Spike crushed her body to his and let the tears fall. He’d come so close to losing her. “Buffy, I love you! Swear it, don’t want anybody else. Couldn’ imagine not havin you here with me, nearly died out on that roof.” He cocked his head towards the window before burying his face in her hair.



She nodded against him and hid her face in his neck while letting the familiar smell of leather and smoke calm her. She’d been right all along about him never leaving her. She’d almost thrown him out of her life herself and thank God he was so stubborn, or she would have lost him to a mistake. She allowed the tears to flow, even though her eyes were raw at this point- Oh crap, her mom! “Oh! I can’t believe mom kicked you out! I- I’ll talk to her. I- I’m sorry I was such a bitch before, too. I didn’t know- I- I thought that-”



He shushed her and hugged her tighter. She heard him release a shuddering breath and the girl cried harder at the sound.



Spike inhaled her scent and flattened his palm to the back of her head. He began kissing her everywhere he could- Her hair to her temples to her cheeks to her chin and finally to her mouth. His lips molded to hers and their love fused. He plunged his tongue inside to tangle with hers the second she opened for him. The woman greedily inhaled his breath and let their teeth clash as the kiss turned frenzied.



Buffy felt herself becoming increasingly aware of everything he was doing. His tighter than tight grip he held on her waist, the friction he was creating between them both, his soft lips that played with hers, the smell of leather, smoke, and beer that wafted off of him and around her. She felt everything and needed even more. Her fingers found their way to his neck where she gripped as she started to rub her cotton covered pussy against denim. She wanted him and felt ready now. It wasn’t the suddenness of their feverish kisses or the scare she’d had from almost losing him. It wasn’t the desperate need to make him hers and for her to become wholly his, she already WAS his, and he already belonged to her. The reason wasn’t anything that SHOULDN’T be the reason. The pleasantness for not having THE reason was freeing, it just felt wonderful right now and she wanted it.



Buffy had held fantasies of what her first time would be like, how it would be special and with someone whom she cared deeply. How it might be on her prom night at a hotel outside of Moon Stream or under the stars at the beach. She’d imagined that it would be planned with candles and maybe soft, sensual music. But now she realized that things didn’t always need to be planned out, they could just be. Right now felt good, felt right and peaceful. It didn’t seem rushed or blind, but serene and powerful. The desperation that coated her tongue as it dueled with Spike’s wasn’t going anywhere, she’d thought she was going to have to give him up, and now she was thrilled she’d been mistaken, but their coupling- and her first time –wasn’t going to be hurried or “wrong” in this moment, it was just going to be… kind of perfect.



The warm breeze from the window blew in the sweet scent of a summer night and it made her think of apple blossoms and the green hills she liked to roll down when she was younger. This smell was her favorite thing about summer, the beauty and tranquility of every night sent a combination of peace and excitement through her veins. She couldn’t wait to be held in his arms while he was inside of her. Everything felt divine right at this instant and she wanted it. She was hot and he was adoring, she was wanting and he was needing, she was in love and he was cherishing. Everything was true in the moment and it felt good. They loved and cared for one another so much that all either of them wanted was the other.



Buffy’s hands crawled through his hair as his ran over her body, succeeding in magically heating her faster. She gasped while Spike seemed to forget all about his need to breathe and just kept attacking her mouth as she had to fight between widening it an “O” shape for air and kissing him back. Her right leg seemed to impulsively rise as his hands found purchase on her ass, gripping and pulling her impossibly closer. He ground his erection into her again and again while the girl mewed and whimpered in bliss. She was whispering her approval along with his name as his left hand clawed across the thigh that had found its way around his leg. She draped her arms around his neck when he dived for her throat, peppering her skin with hot, moist kisses. She shuddered and Spike gripped her harder. He wanted her so damn much at this point it was ridiculous. Every breathy sigh and moan was ripping through him like lightening, his pants were indescribably tight and the scent of her hair was driving him mad.



He was losing all control, and he needed his perfect girl right now, right here. But he couldn’t have her until she said so. It was her choice and he would not make her feel uncomfortable. But his power was being taken away from him, and he loved her and needed to feel the rapture her body would bleed when he touched it. He wanted to play her like a finely tuned violin, he wanted to love her with his body just as he did with his care and his words. He wanted her to see. He needed to prove to her how much she meant to him, and he wanted to make her his. He had almost lost her and required the proof that she was still here. But aside from all the desperation he was feeling for wanting to take her body, the prominent sensation driving him to touch her with all the passion in the world was not out of worry for never having her, but it was because he hadn’t lost her. It was because of the fight, the horrible chance that had been taken on their relationship, that he needed her. He loved her and he was forced to acknowledge just how much so because of this argument; and now he needed to show her and needed to join with her. It wasn’t about desperation or lust, although both were present as he helped her push his duster off of his shoulders, it was about affection and devotion; love. So Spike hoped to God his girl was ready and aching because he’d never been more prepared for anything else in his entire life.



They were both shaking slightly as Buffy leaned up to bite Spike’s earlobe. He growled softly in response and moved his head up from where he’d been suckling her neck. The man kissed her languidly before pulling away with closed eyes to whisper against her mouth. “You’re amazing. The things you do...” He spoke reverently as he trailed cool fingertips down her right arm. The only sound in the room to accompany his voice was the couple’s harsh breaths. “just with a look… I’m drownin in you, Summers. You don’ know how much power you’ve got over me.”



She moved her leg down from where it rested on his hip and started un-tucking his shirt from his jeans. Spike just watched her face until she helped him remove the garment, lifting the black material over his eyes.



Buffy stared at his chest hungrily and licked her lips. God, how the hell did she get so lucky? Her purple painted nails scraped lightly down his skin and she relished in the hiss he released from his lips. She gulped before speaking softly. “C- can we Spike? … I want you.”



Spike moved his hands up to grip her tiny shoulders as he stared down at her. She had a look of excitement/nervousness covering her features. He tilted his head for a moment, mesmerized. She was anxious and shaking just a tad, and he knew what she was asking. He couldn’t believe he’d actually gotten what he wished for, she was ready. She was really ready for this…



Spike blinked and pulled her closer while looking down into her pretty eyes. He mentally slapped himself for what he was about to ask.



If I didn’t love her so damn much I wouldn’t even bother... “Buffy… are you sure? I mean REALLY sure? I don’t want you to think that you have to do this or-”



She cut him off by rolling her eyes and releasing a breathy laugh. She was scared but felt that it was time, and she WAS ready. She’d never thought she could feel so prepared while simultaneously feeling so flighty. Buffy nodded. “Yes, I am. I swear it, okay. A- and it’s not because of the fight or anything, I just- I can’t explain it, it just feels… right, right now.” She smiled kindly while peering up at him from under her lashes. “Ya know?”



Spike answered by smashing his lips down to hers.



The questions and revelations were over.



Spike started speedily unbuttoning her silk nightshirt while Buffy mentally thanked her mother for getting her on the birth control pill a year ago.



Their lips danced as they always did, except this time there was an underlying promise of new discoveries and passion neither had ever felt before. Spike undid the last button on the woman’s top and traced his fingertips along the band of her cotton shorts, therefore teasing both of them.



Buffy whimpered quietly and broke away to breathe, then she wrapped her right arm around his waist and scratched lightly at his back while her left hand slowly rubbed up and down his denim covered crotch. The girl received a groan for her efforts right before his hand slipped beneath her shorts. Her eyes rolled heavenward as she heard him murmur in her ear. “Bloody hell, you’re all wet already, kitten. Can’t wait to get a taste of you.” He licked the inner shell of her ear, reveling in her shudder.



Buffy removed her hands from his body and pulled away before he could protest. She rolled her shoulders so her silk shirt would slide off of her skin.



Spike’s pupils dilated as he got his first look at Buffy topless. She was gorgeous, standing there in the slight moonlight, leaning over just a tad and deliberately allowing her glowing hair to cover herself as much as possible. She was the most ravishing thing he’d ever laid eyes on and his hunger for her increased tenfold. Fuck, who knew I could want her any more than I already did.



Buffy used all of her strength to stop from covering her chest up. First time topless in front of a guy! She was totally wigging here. Fortunately, Spike didn’t stand staring at her like she was a piece of meat for too long. Although it felt like a lifetime to her, it couldn’t have been for more than ten seconds. He rushed her and kissed her hard, crushing Buffy’s breasts against his solid chest. When he pulled away she looked into his eyes and noticed they were almost black, any blue that was left simply rimmed the now dark abysses. God, she wanted him.



“You’re flawless, absolutely bloody flawless.” He weighed both of her breasts in his hands and flicked his thumbs over the pink nipples, loving the way she moaned at his touch. “Perfect fit. Made for me.” That was when he dipped his head and sucked the left rose pebble into his mouth to taste it, before tracing the areola with the sharp point of his tongue.



She almost collapsed. It felt like she was on fire and all of her senses were heightened. Lordy lord did his mouth feel good. Oh, there he goes on the other one now, okay, yes- “Aah!” He bit the diamond hard nipple before soothing it with his tongue. Buffy was impossibly wet, and her hips were moving against air, secretly seeking any sort of friction available.



“Taste so sweet, can’t even imagine how your quim s’gonna taste.” He mumbled these words into her sweaty flesh, licking his way up to her collar bone.



Buffy’s back bowed as Spike started kissing her neck again, leaving another hickey in his wake she had no doubt. The fog in her brain cleared just enough to remind her that she wanted to do some playing of her own. The girl reached out while Spike was busy nibbling the new bruise below her jaw bone and she quickly undid his pants before pulling his erection out into her waiting hands. She realized that he didn’t wear any underwear, just like before in the woods. Huh, he’s the commando type. Ooh, I bet he sleeps naked, too! Naughty thoughts for later.



She grinned.



The girl started pumping him up and down, just like she had the last time. Spike’s whispers of encouragement while he deftly slipped his fingers between her legs again managed to boost Buffy’s confidence. She used her other hand, which had been on his shoulder a moment ago, to start pushing his jeans down his hips and relishing in the softness of the man’s skin. He was just perfect.



Then Buffy remembered that she too was still wearing her bottoms.



Spike stopped everything he was doing when Buffy broke away from him unexpectedly and freed herself of her shorts. She stood there in nothing but a pair of pink lace panties, and the Brit’s mind went into overdrive. He swiftly scooped up the mostly naked girl and threw her over his shoulder, smirking at her indignant squeal before gently tossing her down on her bed.



Buffy almost got a chance to pinch his ass prior to when he set her down on the mattress, but before she could she got a look at said ass and lost all coherent thought. Plus, she secretly loved the over the shoulder thing. Only Spike could do things like that to her without getting himself slapped.



In a blur, the boy quickly relieved himself of his shoes and jeans. Then he just about choked on his tongue at the sight in front of him. Looking all demure and yet scandalous at the same time, sat his angel, on the bed with a white sheet modestly covering her hips and her golden hair hanging around her shoulders in waves; her perky cleavage with pointed nipples sitting just below her locks. Spike couldn’t wait to touch her and run his finger through that radiant hair of hers. She was too damn good to be true.



Buffy squashed her squeal when her boyfriend practically jumped on her, using one hand to grip her wrists together above her head. Just before he mauled her lips with his own he whispered. “I love you so much. My stunning, golden girl.” She melted into the bed and felt him tease her soaked folds with his fingertips as he devoured her lips like a man starved. Didn’t he realize she couldn’t wait anymore? As nervous as Buffy was she was soooo ready for him at this point, the woman was almost frantic with need.



Spike’s tongue ran over hers and he felt her squirming beneath him, trying to move so his tickling fingers would touch her where she needed it most. She was so sensitive by now that he was pretty sure she would go off the second any pressure was put on her sweet spot. Well, he was going to make this the most memorable night of her life, so her clit would be getting plenty of attention soon enough. “Baby, let me have a taste, yeah?”



She knew what he meant and nodded after reminding herself that he’d said he WANTED to “taste” her twice now. She just didn’t want him to be disappointed in her or feel like he had to do something she knew some guys considered weird and gross. Spike kissed her again and traced her mouth with his tongue, nibbling on the lower lip he loved so much before whispering her name reverently. He glided down her body and threw the sheet that was hiding her from his view to the foot of the bed.



He settled between her thighs and licked her slit through the lace, loving the surprised gasp she released. He could smell her and the little taste he sampled from just that one lick had the caveman side of him wanting to consume her and stake his claim. Spike tasted her one more time through the pink fabric and then finally lost all patience.



Buffy squealed when with a flick of his wrist the taunting undergarment was ripped in two. Spike brashly hauled her towards him and hooked her knees over his shoulders. A slight shake ran through him at the sexy little sound she emitted. He finally got a good look at her and his mouth watered; soft and moist, glistening in the moonlight. He gulped. “You’re perfect, love.”



Before she could say anything back he dove in and her eyes widened. He outlined the inside of her folds, the pointed tip of his tongue traced around her clit and she could feel the tiny nerve bundle throbbing. She was so close and he had JUST put his mouth on her. She’d never make it through the night without dying, she was sure of this.



Spike growled as his mouth watered, painfully. She was delightful and he needed more. The man pulled her impossibly closer so his nose was buried against her mound and she let out a small “eep!” at the move. His arms were around her legs, his elbows aligned with her hips, fingertips gripping her inner thighs. He didn’t move anything other than his tongue, mapping out the area around her opening. He finally and oh so treacherously slow, slithered his tongue inside of her, and all Spike could think was: Mine, mine, mine!



When she felt herself filling with the feel of his tongue and felt the sensation of his nose rubbing up and down on her clit as he hungrily drank from her, she was ready to explode. She just needed one more… thing…



Spike was getting drunk off her flavor. Her moans and whimpers were driving him barmy. He was this close to coming himself, and he had never had this much trouble holding back while tasting a girl. She was just so delicious, so sweet and musky, and the sounds she was making. Christ, what would happen when he was actually inside this delectable vixen? A small gush of fluid touched his lapping tongue and he growled again. Loudly.



That was all Buffy needed. She came and just before she could scream Spike quickly reached a hand up from her leg and covered her mouth, muffling her shout of pleasure. The Brit drank from her in a ravenousness fashion, feeling like a man who’d been without water for a month in the desert.



Buffy slowly floated back down from her high, loving the sweet licks Spike kept tentatively applying to her still buzzing clit. When she was calm he started teasing her opening again, then the area just around her wet button, and she couldn’t believe she was actually getting started up again. God, the man’s mouth should be illegal!



When she began whimpering and Spike was sure she was getting hot again, he quickly moved up her body, his cock was ramrod straight and hard as a rock.



Buffy got a slight glimpse of his manly bits when she lifted her head to protest his leaving the spot between her legs. She’d seen it before, she knew he was big, but now she felt a slight panic at the thought of that being IN her. She tried to squash the feeling, remembering the birthing video she once saw and reminding herself that fortunately, she wasn’t about to do THAT. When his mouth found its way back to hers though, she forgot about everything else.



Spike mentally prepared himself. He was finally going to have sex with this girl that he loved. He’d never taken a virgin before, but he knew that there was usually pain for girls. He HATED the thought of hurting Buffy, but knew it’d be over in a couple of seconds and then he would make her feel nothing but ecstasy. He aligned his hips with hers and quickly dipped his fingers to check and make sure she was still good and wet. He rubbed her clit a couple of times in slow circles and broke away from her lips. They were both breathing heavily, eyes locked and love bouncing back and forth between them like there was no tomorrow.



Spike swallowed and asked her in a quiet voice is she was ready. Buffy nodded without speaking. He responded to that, a slight frown marring his face. “You sure you want this, love?” He didn’t know WHAT the fuck he’d do if she said no right now.



Buffy smiled shakily and nodded. She’d gotten a sudden burst of fright but still knew she wanted this, she wanted HIM. The girl cupped his cheek in her hand. “Yes. Make me yours, Spike.”



He had to bite back the urge to attack her right then. She was definitely going to be his, completely his. “There’s a bit of pain the first time, pet. M’pretty sure. Do you want to do this fast or slow?”



Buffy whispered. “I know. And I think fast is better, I just want the bad gone and the good here.” She smiled and took a deep breath.



Spike nodded before murmuring to her to relax, telling her to let her body unwind and it shouldn’t be as painful. She listened, letting herself get lost in his kisses as he nipped and tongued her throat. Spike moved one hand to play with her breast and started repeatedly flicking his thumb over the nipple. His weight was placed on his left arm as he leaned over her now writhing body. The man held her ribcage and placed the head of his cock at her entrance. Spike slipped the head in, he felt her go stiff as he continued placing hot kisses onto her sweet skin. When she relaxed under him again and let out a breathy “Spike”, he rammed into her, sheathing his whole length inside of her. He kissed her quickly, muffling the scream and praying for strength. She was tighter than any girl he’d ever had, he had to use all of his control not to lose it.



The pain that shot through her was hard and potent. Tears came to her tightly closed eyes and she could feel a cold drop glide down her cheek. It really hurt, but the pain was slowly dulling now.



Spike broke the kiss and nuzzled his nose against her cheek. “I’m so sorry baby, I’m sorry-” He felt wetness against his skin and looked to see tears on her beautiful face. “Oh don’ cry Buffy- Christ, I’m sorry- Never wanted to hurt you.”



She nodded as the drips began drying. The woman hated that look on his face, all she wanted to do was make it go away. “It’s okay, not so bad now. Just stay still a minute?”



He nodded immediately. It was difficult, he needed to start moving soon, but he would hold out for her.



Spike heaved a sigh and leaned in to lightly kiss her cheek; slowly maneuvering his lips back to hers and kissing her slowly, passionately. After a minute, Buffy started wiggling her hips, silently urging him to move.



He didn’t need to be told twice. The Brit started rolling his hips, loving the way she gasped. He pulled all the way out of her channel and then slowly slid back in, hissing at the tightness. Buffy could only feel a small ache where she’d first felt stabbing pain. As he pulled in and out again, she started to feel pleasure build. He was searching for that small spot inside her that would make her quiver. Spike was focusing completely on her. The girl’s heat and the exquisite feel of her made it almost impossible to resist just plowing into her, but she needed slow. She was new to this, she was his precious girl and he wanted to pleasure her, worship her. Spike found that sensitive spot inside and loved the way she moaned and threw her head back against the pillows. He brought his forehead to rest against her temple and his right hand found its way back to her areola. As he started moving faster she began to writhe and her hips started lifting to meet his. He wrapped his left arm all the way around her waist and hugged her to him, resting both of their bodies on his elbow beneath. “You like that, huh baby? Like my cock sliding in an out of you? You’re so hot so tight- perfect. Fucking-” Gasp. “-perfect.”



Buffy’s hands found their way to his ass, gripping it and pulling him into her with every thrust. “More.” Her strained voice begged. “More.” Spike complied. She loved this feeling, this blissful feeling of being so full and the sensations of amazing pleasure attacking her from all corners. She hoped she was doing good at this point, she wanted to give ecstasy to the man she loved just as he was giving it her. Buffy grinned a little when he swirled his hips into her, grinding against her clit and reminding her of something.



Spike let out a particularly loud moan when he felt Buffy’s walls clamp down on him, his eyes rolled up in his head and he started plowing even faster into her. “Where the-” Grunt. “HELL did you learn how to do that?” He asked, half shocked and half wishing she’d do it again.



She did, and he groaned loudly. Buffy met him thrust for thrust as the pleasure got even higher. “Cosmo.” She gasped the word.



The girl squeezed one more time. Spike growled and mauled her lips. When he pulled away his forehead found its place against hers. “You’re killin me.”



She smiled and then moaned when he rammed into her even harder. “God, yes! More- Uh! More, Spike.”



He moved rapidly, trying his best not to burst. She was incredible.



“Spike, yes- God, unh!” She squeaked when he bit her neck and pinched her nipple at the same time. “Spike!”



“Mmm, love that sound! Gonna ruin you for any other man, make sure you don’ moan anyone else’s name. No one’ll be able to make you feel this good when I’m through with you.” He hugged her tighter and helped her lift up into his drives as he gained speed. “No one but me is gonna touch this body!” He punctuated his statement with a brutal thrust.



Buffy loved his voice the way it was right now. Between the tightening she could feel in her belly, his possessive words, and the deathly serious growling he was speaking with, she was about to lose it.



“You’re mine now!”



She managed to gasp out an “Always was!” just before Spike slithered a hand between their bodies to stroke her clit and she went off like a cherry bomb.



All encompassing pleasure shot through her, and then it stayed. She felt him continuing to ram into her as she flew above the clouds, being aware of absolute bliss engulfing her entirely. She started to see stars and thought she might pass out. Spike pushed harder on her clit and she screamed. He quickly covered her lips just before she got too loud and he rammed into her a few more times, gasping and grunting, while his hand stilled over her mouth until he finally exploded inside of her.



Spike’s orgasm was long and hard, he’d never come so hard before in his life. And with a virgin! Christ almighty she was unbelievable, once he’d started losing his own control and she’d hit the ceiling, Buffy had attacked his back with her nails and every claw mark he was sure to have turned him on even more.



His girlfriend was just coming down from her high when Spike ceased his own movements; the couple breathed hard as they calmed. Spike fell on top of her softly, gasping with the side of his face lying against her breast.



The blondes smiled dreamily, both feeling completely content for the first time in either of their lives.
End Notes:
Review please? It helps me to write, I swear it!! *insert pouty lip here* BTW, how was the smut? My first actual sex scene ever so im a bit nervous! And also, how would you guys like to finally go to the circle?? ;)
Chapter 24 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
here is 24, let me know what ya think =)
Spike planted a light kiss to her breast and gazed up at her flushed face. She was gorgeous like this, her hair tossed wildly and her eyes a little droopy, her whole body soft and pliant. She looked so at peace and it warmed his heart.

Buffy looked down into the smiling face of her boyfriend, he seemed very pleased with himself, a contented “cat that ate the canary” look on his face. She laughed lightly and suppressed a yawn. She was so ready for sleep but so NOT ready for him to leave yet. There was nothing more that she wanted than for him to spend the night but Buffy knew that with her mom he couldn’t. Crap! She still had to talk things over with her mother about the fight!

Spike frowned slightly at the sudden agitated roll of her eyes. “What’s wrong, love?”
“My mom.” She sighed.

“Alright…” He crawled up the bed and leaned against the pillows, pulling her warm body to rest against his. She smiled when he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her, whispering to her. “Just shagged your brains out and the first thought that pops into your head is about your mum? Careful sweetheart, might give a bloke a complex.”

“Relax silly, you were… it was…” She blushed, more out of not knowing how to describe the fact that he made her toes curl and her body sing, than out of embarrassment. “It was everything I could have ever imagined and more. It was perfect.” She looked up into his bluer than blue eyes and smiled happily. She was telling him the truth and she wouldn’t want to be anywhere else than where she was right now. Even with the small ache and the stickiness between her legs, the girl still loved being in his arms. “Plus I think you broke me. Earth shattering orgasms aren’t just things you read about I guess.”

Spike smirked and kissed her, their tongues just peeking out to tickle each other’s. She could still taste herself on his lips and it stirred the naughty girl inside. Buffy moaned and traced his lips with her tongue, suddenly forgetting all about her mom and sleep.

He would have gladly continued things, except he was a bit concerned about her mum and everything, so the man forced himself to stop. Spike grasped her chin to pull away just a tad. “So why exactly were you worryin over your mum? You don’ think she’ll take this whole punchin the Great Poof thing as a huge deal do you?”

Buffy blinked and let the fog in her brain clear. It was SO easy to get distracted when he was around. “Spike, I might have to let her grill you. Ya know, like ask a million annoying questions and maybe threaten you with an ax? She told me I couldn’t see you anymore after you left but I hadn’t asked why because I was too upset to really think about, well, anything. But now I KNOW it had to be because of the Angel thing. You’re probably gonna have to explain yourself.” She looked at him apologetically.

Spike sighed and nodded. “It’s fine, love. I was the pillock who couldn’t keep his anger under control long enough to leave your house ‘fore I decked Peaches. Just s’long as I don’t lose you I don’ care ‘bout talkin things over with Joyce. Just gonna be a bit awkward s’all.”

She nodded. “Sorry. I’ll tell her about Angel trying to kiss me so she’ll know he was starting problems earlier in the day before you… even…” She started to trail off when she saw the look on her boyfriend’s face. “What is it?” She asked him.

Oh it was nothing. Nothing at all. Just the image of Angel plastered to Buffy’s face was like a knife in the gut. His nostrils flared a little. “Nothin Buffy just… Got any clue where your ex toddled off to? I’d like to pay him a visit ‘fore he leaves town.”

“Oh no ya don’t, mister.” She sat up but was pulled back down into Spike’ strong arms. Ooh! Spike’s muscles, look how taught and- OKAY Buffy, getting sidetracked. Remember, you were going to make sure your current boyfriend didn’t go off to kill your past one. “No hunting down Angel. If you do then he’ll SO find a way to tell my mom. Just let it go okay, his father told me earlier that they’d be leaving by Monday, and Angel will probably just be hanging out with his buddies until then.”

Spike groaned and nuzzled her hair. “Fine.” He begrudgingly said. “But if he comes near you again the wanker’s dust, you understand?” He rolled his eyes internally; he was already her bloody lap dog.

Buffy nodded, smiled, and then kissed him. “Thank you. So anyways, I think after we both talk to my mom everything should be-”
She stopped when she heard a sound from behind her bedroom door. The girl shot straight up. Was that…

“Spike!” She stage whispered. “I heard a noise, grab your clothes and get in the closet! Now!”
Spike sat up and raised a brow. “Love, I think if your mum was gonna hear us we’d have already woken her-”

“No! She uses one of those sound machine thingies to go to sleep, it’s pretty loud and she might have gotten up to go to the bathroom or something just now and heard us talking. Hurry, move!” Buffy started pushing Spike off the bed.

The Brit quickly gathered his things, biting back a grin at Buffy’s wild eyed look. “Ya know you’re just as bossy now as you are between the sheets.”

“Oh shut up you!” Buffy scrambled off the bed and twisted into her shorts while Spike was calmly slipping his jeans on. “What are you doing?! Hurry up, closet- NOW!” The girl was in a tizzy searching for her shirt as the boy swiftly picked it up and handed it to her.

After she had three buttons closed, Spike yanked her by the wrist back into his embrace and kissed her hard, finally calming her down. When he pulled away he shushed any possible protests and whispered. “Do you hear anything?”
Buffy listened, shook her head, and then the man nodded. “Exactly. We’re in the clear, everything’s alright.”

Buffy was just about to relax and snuggle into his chest when she heard a door creak outside her bedroom. “Oh jeez! C’mon, you heard that right?!”
He rolled his eyes. “Buffy-”

“Nope! C’mon, closet!” She grabbed his shirt and boots before shoving him into the closet with them.

Spike rolled his eyes as he stood in a tiny room next to a bunch of Buffy scented clothing, he stared at his girlfriend who had the door in her hand and was ready to close it at the sudden sound of anything. Bloody women. “You’re bein insane here. It’s just your imagination gettin to you, Summers-”

Buffy heard two footsteps and turned to Spike, interrupting him. “Sorry!”

As she closed the door and carefully let it click shut she heard Spike groan from inside. “You’re lucky I’m bloody well in love with your paranoid arse.”

She stage whispered again. “Hey! You love my ass and I am NOT paranoid! And I love you too, by the way, you… you doubting Billy Idol reject!” She smiled triumphantly.

Spike heaved an annoyed sigh as he heard her little feet scurry off to the bed that was now soiled from their lovemaking. Shit! They hadn’t used a condom! Oh God, he really hoped Buffy was on the pill or something.

***

Just as Buffy flung the covers over herself her mom walked in. The teenager feigned restlessness and turned toward the older woman. “Mom? What’re you doing up?” Even with her heart hammering in her chest she was playing off the innocence image pretty well.

Joyce yawned. “Oh, hi sweetie. Did I wake you?”
“Not really, I’ve been sitting up trying to… trying to talk myself to sleep! Had a weird dream is all.” Buffy thanked her lucky stars the window was still open, no doubt helping to air out her probably brothel scented bedroom.

Joyce looked relieved. “Oh! I thought I heard you talking. I had my sound machine on and was sleeping fine until I had to use the bathroom. Then I thought I heard you and just came in to check up on my little girl.”

Buffy smiled and nodded, mentally giving herself a pat on the back for being 100% right! “Yep. Was just me. My mind won’t shut off.”

Joyce looked sympathetically at her daughter. She walked over and sat at the foot of the bed, succeeding in sending the teenager’s heart racing.

All Buffy could think was: Please don’t notice the sheets! Please, please, please!

“Is this about William?”

The girl blushed from head to toe- and that had better not have been Spike she just heard chuckle in the closet! “Um… yeah. I- I know you don’t want me to see him anymore and everything but uh- He called me!”

Joyce frowned and Buffy smiled as the idea started forming in her head. “Yeah, h- he called me and explained the whole Angel situation- The punching thing. I know you probably think he’s a bad guy now but mom, I swear he isn’t! You see, Angel had tried kissing me earlier- After I told him I didn’t want to get back together with him and- Well, he didn’t take it well. He grabbed me and kissed me before I could blink, probably thinking his lips would like, magically convince me to take him back or something equally stupid. Anyway, Spike saw it and… well, the whole atmosphere was just strained like crazy after that. So when he called, Spike said that he feels HORRIBLE for punching Angel and disrespecting you and- Well, he just feels really bad. Angel said some stuff and it kinda sounds like he goaded him into throwing that punch and um, well… Point is! Spike feels really awful and he hopes you’ll forgive him. He’s willing to talk to you about it if you want!” Buffy smiled and slapped on the puppy dog eyes. She hoped to GOD this worked.

Joyce frowned again, thoughtfully. “He said all this to you? When?’
“Um… earlier, around ten-ish.” She lied.
Joyce pursed her lips. “What did Willia- er, I mean, Spike, do when he saw Angel kissing you?”

Buffy eyed her mother warily. “Well I pushed Angel away and um… Spike just told him to stay away from me. That was it.” She lied again. God, she was getting good at this! Not that she was proud or anything…

Joyce suddenly relaxed her expression and sighed. “Well… I’m tired right now but I think I can have a short talk with William and you two can… Well, I guess if everything you said is true I can understand him being so on edge and I’ll let you two continue seeing each other; but I will NOT tolerate any more violence, and I’ll be sure to tell him that myself, alright young lady?”

Buffy lunged at her mom and hugged her “Thank you!”
Joyce smiled, pulling away after a minute. “You’re welcome, sweetie. I never really liked Angel anyway.”

Buffy grinned and covered up a muffled laugh from the direction of her closet with a nosy yawn.

Joyce suddenly got this look on her face, as if she were just considering something she hadn’t noticed or really thought too much about before. “Buffy uh… were you upset earlier because I told you that you couldn’t see William anymore? Because, you seemed troubled BEFORE I had even mentioned that but- Now I assume it was just because you had seen him punch Angel…?

Hazel green eyes widened. “Uh- uh, well yeah! I knew that after you saw Spike hit Angel that you would want us t- to breakup, because of how you feel about violence and everything. So when I- I heard you telling Spike to leave I got a glimpse at Angel in the kitchen and I figured everything out fr- from that. And then, then I just went upstairs. I was pretty upset and just wanted to… be alone.”

“Oh, well I guess can understand that. Like I said, I’ll have a little one on one chat with William, and then…” She looked into her daughter’s hopeful face and sighed. “Well, I’m sure that it’ll be alright for you two kids to start seeing each other again.”

Buffy beamed and Joyce kissed her daughter’s forehead before saying goodnight.

The teen waited until she heard the click of her mother’s bedroom door before flying out of bed and opening up her closest to find a shirtless bleached pest leaning against the doorframe.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow. “Ha. Ha. See, not paranoid mister! You were wrong- Ooh! It feels nice to say that to you!” She grinned and tilted her head.

Spike rolled his eyes and smirked. That was his girl, driving him crazy. “Well, love, looks like we’re at least in the clear. No need to worry over your mum keepin us apart.” He flung his shirt back on over his head.

“Oh, okay sure! Just ignore my ‘I told you so’ remark! I’ll have another one later, I’m sure!” She could only hold her straight face for a minute before she broke out into another smile at his expression. “Okay, okay.” She let out a relaxed breath. “As long as you stick to the phone call story and say sorry a lot when you talk to her, everything should be just peachy!”

He was about to smile and respond as he gently pulled Buffy back into his arms but then he remembered the no protection thing. Shit, how could he put this without sounding like a total git.

To be honest he’d just been too focused on Buffy to consider much else at the time, such as birth control. It was hard to think sometimes when she was around, take off her clothes and you might as well just forget about it. “Buffy…” He spoke softly while looking into her sweet green eyes, his arms around her waist. “We didn’t use any protection... You know, before, and uh… Didn’t think of it at the time but, are you on the pill by any chance, pet?”

Buffy started a little and then remembered that actually, yes she was. She’d been aware of this before they’d slept together, but Spike hadn’t. Wow, okay, she really should have mentioned it. “Spike… I- I’m sorry. I should have thought of you. Yes! I am on the pill, I got on it for cramps a while ago, don’t worry. Jeez, I’m so stupid! Can’t believe I scared you like that.”

Spike let out the breath he’d been holding and rested his forehead against hers, smiling now. “Sweetheart, don’ be sorry. Was just as much my fault. Didn’t think. But m’glad you’re on it, means we won’t have to worry ‘bout things in the future.” He smirked and kissed her slightly curled lips.

When he pulled back she was suddenly hit with a giant surge of insecurity. How had it been? The whole sex thing. She was a virgin so she couldn’t have been top notch or anything. HE’D made her see stars, but she- SHE was new to all of this. All Buffy had done was act on instinct, she must’ve been… well, she felt like she’d done okay, but there was no way she’d been anything more; most likely not even on the scale of GOOD. And even if Spike loved her it still didn’t mean she was a good lay, and now she was paling. Crap, the girl could feel her skin slowly getting just a tad clammy. She bit her lip and hoped he didn’t-

“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

-ask her if she was okay. Shit. Well, the odds were definitely NOT in her favor right now.

Ugh! Fine, if she lied he’d see right through it anyhow. “I uh… Okay, Spike. Promise you’ll tell me the truth when I ask you this?”

He frowned but nodded. What was she…
“HowwasI?” She rushed out her words, cringing at the high pitch of her own voice.

Her boyfriend blinked and took her face in his hands. “Look at me.” She did. “Best. I’ve. Ever. Had.” His tone was deadly serious and held no dishonesty whatsoever. “No, you didn’t pull out a thousand tricks or tease me till I begged, but you were raw.” He was breathing a little rapidly now. “You were REAL and you responded to every touch, every caress. You were so tight, an hot; so fucking wet. I felt like I was submerged in want of you. Every little sound you made was natural, wasn’t forced for my benefit, you FELT everything. You were so powerful. Your sexuality is blanketing you, Buffy; it’s a part of who you are, it’s innate. You can’t help but lose yourself in the pleasure and that is the hottest thing I’ve ever seen. You were extraordinary.”

How did he do this to her? Make her feel like the most desirable woman in the world? She wasn’t even going to call him sweet, because although he was, he wasn’t trying to be kind. He was trying to get through to her and be honest. He was trying to make her SEE her worth and talent and she loved him for it. “Really?”

“Do you honestly need me to answer that?” He raised a brow.

She let out a powerful, disbelieving “guh!” before attack his lips with her own.

Spike smiled and mauled her mouth with just as much fervor as she was doing to his. He wasn’t lying to her, if anything he’d never been more honest in his life. She was amazingly sensual and remarkably tempting. He was lost in her and just couldn’t get enough. He couldn’t wait to discover every little secret her body held, and devour her whole. He started rubbing the outside of her shorts and nibbled her lower lip.

Christ, he needed her again.

The woman pulled away before she let herself tear Spike’s shirt in half like she wanted. It was almost two in the morning. “Spikey.” She spoke in a breathy yet warning tone. “There’s nothing more that I want than for you to spend the night but we both have to get to sleep at some point. I AM supposed to develop those carnival pictures I told you about and bring them to the library tomorrow, remember? It’s gonna take a while and I’ll need to actually get OUT of bed in order to do it.” Smiled at his pout. “I’m sorry. But if um… if I get my work done and you talk to my mom at some point, then maybe… ya know, we’ll find some time for things tomorrow?” Buffy asked hopefully as she chewed on her lip nervously, eyes downcast and fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Spike smiled at her shyness. She was incredible, still able to blush and look modest after acting like an animal in bed. “Sounds like a bloody damn good plan to me, Goldilocks.” He scooped her up and smirked at her squeal. Slowly carrying her back to the bed and setting her down on it. He kissed her lips sweetly then nuzzled her nose with his own. “I love you. I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?”

Buffy nodded and pecked his cheek. “Okay. I love you, too. I’ll call you and let you know when would be a good time for you to come over and talk to my mom, and then we can go out or something.”
“Perfect.” He kissed her again and went to grab his duster. “Uh… petal… where’s my coat?”

“Oh!” Buffy blinked and the goofy smile left her lips. She scooped up the leather jacket from where she’d kicked it underneath her bed. “Here.”

Spike scowled a little bit at the concept of his coat being treated with such carelessness. As he slipped it on he muttered. “Don’ know how to treat a man’s coat.”

Buffy snorted. “Spike… it’s a giant piece of cow’s skin.”
“Oi! Love this coat! S’not just a scrap a leather, I’ll have you know.”

She laughed. “Alright, I’m sorry. Just kicked it under there when I heard my mom.” When the frown didn’t leave his face Buffy narrowed her eyes and stood. She took his hands in hers, setting them on her hips as she leaned her pelvis into his. The woman whispered when her lips were just a breath away from his. “I’m sorry. I’ll treat your precious coat better from now on, Spike, I promise.”

When his nostrils flared a little and she felt his fingers dig into her skin, she knew he was searching for self restraint. She smirked. “And tomorrow… we’ll have loads of fun… Tonight was just the beginning.” She leaned in to murmur directly in his ear. “And I love you even though you’re a big baby when it comes to your coat.” When he groaned and muttered a “Sodding tease.” Buffy laughed and pulled away. “Goodnight Spike.”

With a long, parting kiss, the bleached man fled out the window and into the night with a smile on his face and a cigarette between his lips.
End Notes:
Review please? *pout* The circle will be coming up sooner or later :)
Haven't started the next chapter yet, but I have ideas for it and I will be starting it soon, probably tomorrow!
Chapter 25 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I WANT TO DELIVER GIANT BASKETS FILLED WITH TONS OF MINI CHOCOLATE REESE'S (cuz those are SO the best kind) TO YOUR LOVELY HOMES! Thank you everyone so much for the reviews, they helped me to crank out this chappie sooner than I thought I would!

I really hope you all continue to enjoy this fic! Here's #25 my lovelies, I hope everybody had a great Easter!!
The next day had Buffy waking up grinning in glee and girly remembrance. She was a little sore, but her good mood outweighed that. When she passed a mirror she couldn’t help but look into it and smile softly, she felt different, but a good different. She felt simple and yet so not, she felt refreshed and also like she had just let go of something old and familiar. She felt a lot of things, and she was happy with all of them, for once all of her emotions complimented each other.

As she developed her pictures in her big dark room that was set up in the basement, four large plasterboard walls all nailed together with a thick curtain for a door, Buffy hummed and worked happily. She was excited to get these images set up and to the library. Her mother had given her nine black frames from the gallery, all Buffy had to do was develop her pictures (which she was using 20x30 inch paper for), pop them into their frames and then she’d be off to place them up in town.

Usually Buffy ended up staying at the local Moon Stream library longer than necessary. She always ended up talking to Arthur and/or Giles (the two co-owners) and usually helping them out around the place, cataloging books and taking in returns. She sort of just felt comfortable there and hardly ever left right away after arriving.

And with the whole library nerd habit she had, although she never once sat down and picked up a book to actually READ it, even WITH Giles’ constant disdain on the matter, Buffy knew that Spike would have time to speak to her mom about everything while she was gone.

As the girl finished popping the last photo into its slim wooden frame, she mentally decided that she would develop the rest of the film for the pictures in her room later on. She had to get to the library, and hopefully she could threaten Dawn into helping her carry nine frames over there.

***

One grumbly Dawn and about half an hour later, Buffy was entering the library, her sister having ditched her duty as soon as they’d hit the front door of the place. Using her back to push open the glass door, Buffy wedged her way into the book emporium and called out for Giles. She knew he wouldn’t scold her for yelling in the library, anyone who was actually there reading would be on the second level, for the first was always a little too loud.

She hauled three black frames in with her and let the door slide shut. After setting the pictures on the front desk she called out for him again and was met with silence.

The blonde went and retrieved the rest of her frames, when finally Giles called down to her from the top of the spiral staircase. “What the bloody hell are you doing down there?!” He called to her while shaking his head.

Buffy set down the four frames she was holding and blinked before smiling. “Careful Giles, your cockney is showing.” She couldn’t stop the smirk from appearing on her lips when he huffed and started clambering down the stairs.

“Buffy, you do realize you could’ve broken your back carrying those things in here on your own?!” He asked, exasperated and ignoring her smart-ass comment.

She smiled again. “Relax, Giles. I’m fine. It’s-”
“Did you bring these things all the bloody way down here from your house?”
“-not like I carried them all the way from the house on my own.” She continued with an arched eyebrow. “Dawn helped me, Giles.”
The Brit sighed. “Well, you could’ve at least called me to help you bring them inside.”
“I did! You didn’t answer so I figured you were busy upstairs.”
“You could’ve gotten me.”

The girl rolled her eyes. “Alright, I’m sorry. But they’re not even that heavy. See.” Demonstratively she picked up a frame using one arm. They really weren’t that heavy, she’d simply needed Dawn’s help earlier because there were nine of the freaking things.

Giles asked if there were any more and when Buffy replied with a no, he took four from the front desk and told her to follow him.

Once Giles showed her the window where her photos were to be exhibited she grabbed the remaining pictures and set them up. Price tags were displayed and the girl wiped down the inside of the store window.

Before Buffy set up behind the register to help out for awhile, a magazine and a coke at her fingertips, she called Spike and told him to head over to talk things over with her mom.

“She should be home doing nothing right now. The gallery’s closed today and Dawn’s at a friend’s.”
“You sure, pet? Don’t want to piss off your mum anymore than already ‘ave by interruptin her doing somethin important.”
“I’m sure. She said she’d be home probly just working in the garden or something. Now DO NOT forget about the phone call story when you go over there, okay?”

“Promise.”
“And grovel. A lot. Be all gentlemanly and polite, turn on the charm with that accent of yours.”
“Will do. I’ll be all proper like.”
“Exactly. The way you behave today is IMPERATIVE to how she’ll react.”
“’Imperative?’ Hmm, didn’t know you knew that word, dove.”
“Hey!”
“Well, just sayin, you’re not- Oh how d’you put it? You’re not ‘vocab girl’?”

Buffy pouted. “Well, yeah… fine. But you are! Well, you are with the vocaby-ness, just not with… with the girly-ness.”
“Bloody right. Pretty sure I showed you last night just how very ‘girly’ I am NOT.”

She blushed. “Bu- But point is, you can do that thing where your accent gets all proper- like your dad’s! Just be sure to do that. My mom told me she thinks your accent is cute.”

“First of all, nothin ‘bout me is cute, Goldilocks. Second’ve all…” He sighed a little. “I’ll be sure to keep my ‘tone of voice’ all gentleman-like, so ya don’t ‘ave to worry alright.”

“Right.” She nodded her head in self affirmation. “Well, call me when you’re done and I’ll see you soon okay? I already told her that there was a chance you’d be coming over today to talk to her. Afterwards, as long as you and my mom are all with the rightness again, we can meet up later.”
“Hope you mean ‘we’ as in just you and me, love. Cuz if you’re up for it… my pals are gatherin tonight.”
“Ooh! At the circle you mean?”

“S’right. An if we can, then I’d like to bring you there later on.”
“Okay, sounds fun! I’ll call Willow and ask if I can sleepover tonight. Just let me know what happened with mom after you talk to her, and if everything’s clear, then we can do what we planned on doing before the whole punchy Angel debacle.”

Spike chuckled and smiled slightly. “Sounds perfect. I’ll be sure to be right good mannered when I speak with your mum later.”

She replied. “Good.” Then Buffy pouted in faux sympathy through the phone. “But if my mom still decides that she hates you…” Suddenly she beamed sweetly. “Then I’ll just sleepover at Willow’s and we can invite over some hot guys to party with!” She added in a chipper voice, grinning evilly.

The girl heard a bang on the other end of the line and stifled a snicker.

Spike retrieved the phone from where he’d dropped it after tripping over his own feet. “You bloody well will not!”
Then she laughed. “God, I love doing that to you!”

***

An hour later, after Spike finally got off the phone with his girlfriend, the bleached boy found himself standing nervously outside the front door of the Summers’ house.

He was fidgeting a little, kept stuffing his hands in and out of his duster’s pockets. He wasn’t afraid or anything, just… wary.

He really didn’t want to piss Joyce off more than she already was, he couldn’t lose Buffy. Especially over something so bloody stupid as punching a git with a big mouth.

With a deep breath the teenager knocked on the door, hoping the knock itself didn’t sound too demanding or was too soft to be heard.

Five long agonizing minutes later, Spike knocked again. After another painful wait, he frowned and decided to go around the back. The desire to just run on home and put this whole thing off to another day was strong, but he felt it better to just get the conversation over with.

When the man approached the back door he could hear laughing from the other side. Either Joyce was a little on the barmy side, or she wasn’t alone. Maybe Dawn was home after all. Oh well, he was here now, might as well just talk with Joyce and hope that she didn’t let Dawn take part in the conversation. Not that Spike actually thought she would, but you never know.

He quickly raised his hand to knock on the back door when he heard a male voice inside. Spike frowned, hard.

Hadn’t Buffy said that her mum was single, and that Hank Summers, infamous NON-father, was dead? The boy heard another feminine giggle and then a male chuckle to follow it.

Reality hit Spike in the face like a very cold splash of water, and then the door in front of him opened up.

Spike stood there, eyes wide with his hand still posed in the air ready to knock. Before him was Buffy’s mum with a taller man, around the same age as Joyce herself, hugging the woman’s waist.

Joyce froze, along with the male holding her. She blinked a couple of times before shaking her head.

“Oh- U- um, William! H- How nice to see you. Uh…” She turned toward the person behind her who was frowning a little and suddenly remembered that Buffy had said something about her beaux coming over today to talk. Crap. This was awful.

“I- I forgot Buffy said you might be coming by today… Um, this- this is Drake.” The female gestured with her hand to the brunette gentleman as she slowly removed his hands from her waist and stepped out of his clutches.

The man nodded in greeting, although the handshake and frown he offered the too stunned to talk teenager was anything BUT friendly.

Spike’s eyebrow arched after he pulled his hand away. Suddenly, he really didn’t feel right about being here… “Um, nice to meet you.” The Brit turned his head to face the female. “I- I should leave. I- didn’t mean to bother you when you had company, Mrs. Summers.”

“No!” Joyce’s answer seemed to shock both the gentlemen. “Please William, please stay. Drake was uh, just leaving.” She turned toward the man and offered a look which said that it would probably be best if he depart for now.

Drake nodded and gave Joyce a chaste kiss on the lips before offering his goodbyes and whispering an “I’ll call you later” into the woman’s ear, which Spike didn’t manage to miss.

After the front door sounded Drake’s departure, Joyce exhaled a little shakily and smiled warmly, if not nervously, at the boy in front of her. “Please come in, William.”

Spike really just wanted to leave and pretend that he hadn’t seen what he now had. He wanted to rewind time and undo everything that had just happened. He didn’t want to have witnessed all of this.

The Brit knew that what he’d just discovered was going to cause serious problems for him- probably in the near future. He could feel what was going to be asked of him, felt himself being deposited between the proverbial rock and hard place as he stepped through the Summers’ doorway.

He could feel the anxiety start to consume him as he sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen and Joyce tensely began playing with her hands.

Oh Spike really wished that this wasn’t about to turn into what he already knew it would…

***

Sure enough, an hour later and he was caught in the bloody middle.

Right after Joyce had handed him a chilled drink from the fridge and the teen was drumming his fingertips nervously against his leg, lost for how to start the conversation, that’s when Mrs. Summers spilled it.

From the woman’s nervous babbling, Spike learned that Drake and Buffy’s mum were dating. They had been for a month and a half now, and Buffy didn’t know.

Joyce had started speaking very fast, talking about how she didn’t want Buffy to get hurt and that she felt the teen might not accept a new man in her mother’s life. Mrs. Summers didn’t want her daughter to meet Drake until after she and him had been a couple for a good while, she wasn’t sure if Buffy would understand or not.

Spike just sat there, listening. The second Joyce had ended her little tale the young man simply nodded. When he’d looked up and met the lady’s nervous expression with a confused one of his own, he knew she wanted him to say something.

And the first thing to come out of his mouth?
“I’m sorry about the Angel incident.”

He still really didn’t know why he’d offered such a dim-witted fucking topic change.

Just as Spike was internally slapping himself over and over again for bringing up such a subject at that moment, Joyce surprised him by smiling.

Immediately she seemed to take on the role of understanding friend/stern mother figure. With a quick apology from her (for yelling at him and not allowing Spike to finish explaining himself the other day before kicking him out), and a strict order not to allow any violence anywhere near Buffy in the future, the entire Angel fiasco was dropped.

The thing that Spike had worried himself silly over, the whole conversation he’d planned to endure so as to keep Buffy in his life, the whole bloody interrogation he was suspecting Joyce would inflict- Didn’t happen.

And why…?

Joyce, a moment or two later, asked Spike to do what he’d KNOWN from the start she would sooner or later ask of him. (This was the part he’d been dreading.)

“Would you mind um… not mentioning this to Buffy? Everything with Drake I mean? It’s just not time to tell her yet.”

The words still rang like a gong in his brain. Unforgiving syllables whose threatening traps he couldn’t escape.

And Spike, no matter how much he stuttered and explained that he didn’t feel right about lying to Buffy, still had to, in the end, concede to Joyce’s terms. When the woman whipped out the “This is between me and my daughter” card, a man was pretty much helpless.

And she also managed to mention the Angel thing, just to remind Spike of how kind she was being on the matter; which he knew she was. Mrs. Summers was being very gracious about the whole thing. Most likely because she’d been caught in the act with her boyfriend and was feeling guilty over possibly hurting her daughter’s relationship when she herself was LYING about having one.

Spike didn’t believe for a second that Joyce was using her attitude towards the Angel incident as blackmail to make sure the Brit kept his mouth shut. Buffy’s mum wasn’t like that, and he knew that. However, Joyce was trying to GUILT him into cooperating, trying to let him know that SHE’D been sympathetic, understanding… so why couldn’t he?

She had stared at him, as if begging him to oblige, and the first thing that popped out of his mouth was a bloody agreement not to mention a word to Buffy.

He didn’t fucking WANT to agree to it. This wasn’t his business! He didn’t want to even KNOW about it! He wasn’t- He shouldn’t be involved! This was-

Sod his bloody luck!

Joyce politely told him she had to get to house cleaning or some such, the boy wasn’t sure; he was barely listening to her. He was too much in a haze of disbelief, only well enough aware of things in order to smile respectfully and say a farewell.

Spike left the Summers’ home, feeling damned.
End Notes:
Whadya think?? I know it was kinda short but I felt this chapter needed to end there.
Next one will be comin soon, just gotta get it started- Reviews help with that!!!

(and yes, that was my shameless bribing)
Chapter 26 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Here's 26, hope you enjoy!! :) The reviews are appreciated so please keep sending them! *huggles*
- Anyways, read on! :)
The walk home had been all of two minutes, lengthened simply by Spike’s wandering mind, and it had felt like forever. The time it took him to reach his bedroom and fall haphazardly onto his bed was filled with inner ranting and beatings of his own ass.



The man was, to put it simply, torn.



This whole sodding thing, this whole deal with Joyce- was making his stomach turn and knot.



This was Buffy’s mum, and the secret Spike was keeping shouldn’t have even been discovered by him. Why couldn’t he have gone over to the house earlier or something, MISSED meeting ‘Drake’, the new bloody thorn in his side?



He felt so damn confused. He’d never had to deal with anything like this in his whole fucking life! He didn’t want to be put in the middle- Hell, he shouldn’t be!



For one, he hated the thought of lying to Buffy, that’s what he despised MOST about this whole plan. Spike didn’t want to keep secrets from the woman he loved, especially ones that involved HER mother! Buffy would want to know about something like this, DESERVED to know, she had a right!



It personally took Spike a while before HE could accept the thought of his own dad dating other women after his mum died, but he would have been pissed if his father had HIDDEN the fact from him. Buffy would want to know if her mother was romantically involved with somebody. It wasn’t fair to hide something like this from her.



And if Spike lied to her about it, then she’d be pissed as ALL hell. This was BUFFY, he couldn’t lie to her- he couldn’t!







But Joyce...



She might not trust him if he didn’t keep his mouth shut. She might hate him, and even though he didn’t think she’d try to spite him by keeping Buffy away, she still might honestly feel that he was an untrustworthy man for her daughter. She might think he was trying to cause problems between herself and Buffy.



Hell, she could imagine some other fucking random ass reason to keep Buffy and him separated should Spike spill the beans. If Joyce was batty enough to find a “logical” reason for keeping DRAKE a secret, then who knew what ideas the woman was capable of conjuring.



Plus, this wasn’t ANY OF HIS FUCKING BUSINESS!



This was, as Joyce had said, between her and Buffy.



Spike wasn’t involved- or at least, he shouldn’t be. And so, he felt almost obligated, to Joyce, to bury his head in the sand and pretend like he didn’t know a thing. He hated betraying a trust, Spike was gold at keeping secrets. And in a way, he could see how Joyce might be right. Buffy could get hurt from seeing her mother date, she could feel like- like she wasn’t enough for Joyce or- or…



Oh sodding hell, Spike knew his girl. The only way Buffy was going to be hurt by this was with the fact that her mother had kept it from her for so long! But Joyce was scared, and Spike knew that he wouldn’t be able to coax her into telling Buffy about Drake on his own. Joyce had shut him down when he’d tried to reason with her, she wouldn’t even listen. She’d just kept saying how it was her decision and she was going to be the one to make it.



And the Brit also knew that if Joyce didn’t tell Buffy, and HE DID, then Buffy would hate her mum. She’d feel wounded even more and she’d think Mrs. Summers was never going to tell her at all. Buffy would think that, and Spike knew it.



Bloody. Fucking. Hell.



He was screwed. Royally.



With a sigh the young man sat up in bed and ran his hands through his hair. He felt like he should tell her, but at the same time he didn’t think that he really had a right…



Christ, this was just the worst thing that could’ve happened.



As he picked up the cell phone and called Buffy’s number, he knew what she’d be expecting to hear from him. She’d want him to tell her that things went great with her mum. Buffy would want him to say how they were completely off the hook and were allowed to see each other.

She would want to hear about how she didn’t have to worry about Joyce getting in between them and that everything was “peachy with a side of keen.” The girl would be hopeful, and bubbly, sweetly trusting and probably biting her lip in anticipation.



After she answered the phone and he heard her voice, he felt like he couldn’t do it.



But when Spike finally had to make his choice, when he’d finally reached that fork in the path…



***



Buffy beamed through her cell and shouted a “Whoopee!” She earned a glare from Giles but simply ignored him, she was just too happy to worry about being quiet right now.



“Okay, I’m gonna go home now. Willow already said a sleepover was fine, I explained everything to her. I’ll see you later, kay?” The girl chattered joyfully.



“I’ll be there ‘round eight o’clock, alright?”

“Perfect, see you soon. Love you!”



He chuckled a little, but not as lightheartedly as usual, more… desperate, which made Buffy frown slightly. “Christ sweetheart, you’ve got no idea. I love you too, Buffy. So much I can’t even-…”



“Spike…” Buffy inquired. “What’s the matter?”

“… Nothing. I’ll see you tonight at eight. Bye, lamb.”



She shook off the feeling she had and smiled. “See ya later!”



Buffy said goodbye to Giles and left the Moon Stream Library.



She thought about what could be bothering her guy. She knew something was off with him, but doubted it was something she’d discover until after she was able to speak with him face to face.



With a skip in her step and outfit ideas flitting through her mind, the blonde walked home in the hot weather.



***



Passing her closed school, the young Summers girl was wondering if she should wear heels tonight or not when someone hollered her name.



Stopping her movements, Buffy frowned.



“Hey Buff!”



She cringed and turned around, facing her ex and his friends.



Great.



Angel stared at her face. “Howya been?” he held a self satisfied smile on his face that could make the joker cringe.



“Are you ACTUALLY trying to start a conversation with me?” She said to him with her arms crossed over her chest.



“Yeah, why- Can’t we be friendly towards each another?”

“Pfft! Don’t think so. Goodbye, Angel.” And she turned to leave.



“How’s ‘Spike’ doin?” She heard his friends laugh a bit and the girl had to clench her jaw to stop from slapping Angel again. Buffy plowed on and ignored them all.



“Oh, c’mon?!” He yelled to her. “What- Did Joyce not like him too much after he assaulted me?!”



Deep breaths Buffy, deep breaths. Don’t kill the overgrown jackass. Don’t do it, you’re too young to rot in a jail cell.



She kept walking.



“Oh I get it! You guys broke up- Spike left you for his other girlfriend, didn’t he?!”



That did it.



The blonde very slowly turned around and tilted her head at Angel. “Since you’re so interested in my life, I’ll give you a little recap!” She smiled a saccharine smile and quickly trotted up to her ex. “Spike’s still my boyfriend, my mom still loves him, more than she EVER cared for you- And you failed to break us up.” Buffy then laughed smugly. “Really Angel, I can’t believe you went to that much trouble just to try and get me back.”



She swirled around and spoke over her shoulder in a way that would have made Ali Rose from “Burlesque” proud. “It’s a tad on the desperate side, dontchya think?”



The teen’s long blonde hair spun around her shoulders and she reveled in every “Ooh!” and “Sorry man.” Angel’s pals offered him as she walked away.



Her shocked and miffed ex-boyfriend spoke out to her in a last attempt to piss Buffy off before she could get too far. “Yeah, well who needs a girlfriend who doesn’t put out anyway? Sorta feel bad for Spike, ya know? Havin to play patient with the uneducated virgin.”



His buddies chuckled and snickered again, but then the Summers girl swiveled back around and narrowed her eyes, spilling the truth.



“Spike changed what I deemed you weren’t man enough to do anything about, Angel. I’m not so ‘uneducated’ anymore.”



Then, leaving a group of gaping teenage boys in her wake, Buffy continued her journey home, wondering if her black stiletto boots would go well with jeans and a pink camisole…



Maybe a red camisole.



***



Spike chugged down his second beer and swiped his hand across his mouth; throwing the bottle away as he paced by the garbage can. He’d been at this now for what had to be an hour’s time, and only a few minutes ago had the Brit thought of consuming alcohol.



He was a wreck. Spike was busy hating basically everything at the mo’.



He’d gone over the whole situation in his head about ten thousand times already, and he still couldn’t find a way out of this. It wasn’t like he had experience with girlfriends’ parents.



Drusilla’s guardian was her mother’s aunt, and the lady never paid much attention to young Dru, therefore Spike had never had to worry about impressing her; hell he’d only seen the bird a couple of times. And after Drusilla, the rest of the girls he’d gone with had all been flings. Harmony had once asked him to meet her father, but Spike had been trying to shake that brawd ever since after the first lay. Damn clingy chit she was.



He shook his head of the memories just as his father walked in.



“You know you’ll wear a hole in the floor if you keep pacing like you’re impersonating a metronome.”



“Metronome’s don’t bloody pace, da.”



“No, you’re quite right…” Charlie retrieved a pitcher of iced tea from the top shelf in the refrigerator. “But they do tick an awful lot, are incredibly agitating, and you-” He pointed at him while taking a glass from the cupboard. “-are being just as rightly irritating as one.”



Spike simply muttered an angry “bugger off” as he continued his circling. His father poured himself a cool drink and offered none to the teenager.



William had been pacing for an hour and it was starting to drive Mr. Pratt out of his mind. The young man Charles called his son was bothered about something; the pacing, the boxing session which had lasted over two hours down in the basement, and the attitude which had been worse than normal all day long- all signs of William’s distress.



And when William was upset, then so was his dad. Not so much out of parental empathy, although that too was present, but more because whenever the younger Pratt boy was in a foul mood he made it known. It wasn’t like he tried to irritate his dad, and Charlie knew that, but William had a tendency to be very annoying when angered.



He would pace excessively, groan and mutter under his breath for hours on end, and blare loud music (which gave Charles a headache) until he felt he’d heard enough. So to put it simply, the older man was ready to figure out what was bothering the teenager.



Or kick him out of the house, whichever worked out first.



“Shitty luck- Women! Should tell her and jus- No I- *I* should just bloody well tell her an-”



“What on Earth are you yammering on about now?” His father snapped after shutting the fridge door again.



Spike groaned and looked at his father, his feet still moving in a memorable pattern. “Nothing! S’not important!”



He sipped his drink. “Well you’re an awfully good liar son- really. You could be-”

“Will you shut your gob an let me think! M’tryna-”



“You’re trying to get your arse beat. Do yourself a favor and remember that I am still your father and I will not be talked to in-”

“In such a manner, yeah, yeah, yeah. Save me the speech pops, m’not in the mood.”



Charlie chugged the rest of his iced tea and slammed the glass down on the counter before crossing his arms. “Alright. F’you want to keep prancing around here like a pathetic berk whilst ignoring me, that’s fine. But you an I both know that I can help you and you’re just being stubborn.”

“I am NOT being stubborn!” He kicked the wall out of childish exasperation.



“This is about Buffy isn’t it?”



Spike didn’t answer, which was all the answer his dad needed.



It had become incredibly obvious to him that his son and the sweet blonde girl a few houses down were an item. With a few questions here and there, the nervousness William showed when he’d mentioned the Summers’ barbeque, and the boy’s reverent words which slipped out about the girl when her name was brought up, it hadn’t taken Charles Pratt long to figure things out. And it had actually been a while since he’d seen Spike so enraptured with a lady.



“So what happened, a disagreement perhaps? Something go wrong at that barbeque her mother was holding?”



Spike stiffened but continued his steps. He really didn’t think his dad was going to be able to help with his current problem.



“What, how long’ve you two been dating? Less than three weeks an you’ve already managed to frighten the poor girl off?” The man snickered and smiled at his son’s glare. “Really William, never thought you’d be the type of bloke to scare off a lady so fast, thought I raised a gentleman.”



“Will you just can it.” Spike mumbled.



“Come now, tell dear old dad what you did.”

The boy was silent.



“Oh for the love of- William please jus-”

“Will you stop fucking calling me that?! I’m under enough stress as it is right now an I don’t need your bloody HELP or the poncey nicknames!”



“Alright that’s it.” Charles walked up to his son and slapped him across the face.



Spike groaned and rubbed his jaw, looking at his father in annoyance. “What the hell!”



“Look, in the last few days you’ve been happier than I’ve seen you be since we left Chicago, maybe even before perhaps. And frankly, I don’t want you to lose something good over your incredible lack for thinking things through! So now will you stop acting like a toddler and just talk to me?!”



With an eye roll and a groan the bleached male finally answered his father. “Not goin into any details. M’just stuck in the middle of somethin s’all. Just can’t make a damned choice.”



“What’re your choices?”

“What did I just say?!”



“Oh you can tell me what your choices are without describing the whole bloody situation! Just talk for Christ’s sake, you do enough of it when I want you to keep your mouth shut!”



With a slight growl Spike’s jaw clenched. “Do I keep a secret from her that I’ve got no business even knowin ‘bout, or do I tell her what I know even when it could bloody well tear her apart?”



“I assume you’re talking about Buffy, yes?”



“Who the-!” He took a breath to calm his temper and started pacing again. “Who else would I be talking about?”



“Alright then… What’s the secret?”

“Da-!”

“Just kidding, calm down. Now… you said this ‘secret’, it’s not something YOU did- it isn’t any of your business?”



“None whatsoever, it was a fucking accident I found out ‘bout it at all.”



“Watch your language or I’ll start callin you Willy like I used to when you were a tot! Now anyway, this supposed secret can hurt her, s’that right?”



“It’d gut her.” Spike mumbled resentfully. This was a HUGE reason why he didn’t want to TELL her.



“Alright… will she find out about it on her own sooner or later, or is it something that could harm her in the future should she not find out now?”



“Oh she’ll be informed soon enough, s’just I don’t-… I don’ think I’ve got a right to keep this sort of information from her.”



“Hmm… Well, in my experience, you should never lie to a woman, son; even if it’s for her own good.” The teenager gave an answering groan. “However…” Spike’s ears perked up. “If she’s going to find out soon enough anyhow, and you telling her would just be painful… And I assume that if she DOES find out on her own it wouldn’t harm her as much as it would should you tell her yourself, is that where you’re getting at?”



“Yes! If I tell her she’s gonna feel betrayed by someone close to her an that’ll-”



“Then don’t say anything.” The man walked over to his son and placed a hand on his shoulder. “If you telling her is only going to hurt her more than should she find out about this ‘secret’ a little whiles from now, I suggest keeping it to yourself.”



Spike was silent for a moment. He stared plaintively, resignedly at his dad. The older man was making sense, putting points Spike felt mattered into words anyone could understand. They weren’t just jumbled screams in his head any longer, voices fighting with other voices for the prize. The boy’s father was lending an ear and a helpful opinion and Spike suddenly felt- not so wrong. Like he wasn’t being a completely horrible person or lying to his girlfriend. He was truly protecting her.



The teenager nodded and murmured thanks to his father.



“Remember, I don’t know the whole story so I could be wrong but… Well, just do what you think is right.”
End Notes:
I was really tired writing and editing this chapter so I hope the wording is good.
Also, the slap was not meant to make it seem like Charles is a bad father in any way, it was just him being fed up with Spike's pouting and attitude. He was also trying to protect him from being stupid and losing Buffy.

Let me know what you think of this chappie please! :) Have a good one everybody
Chapter 27 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
HEY NEW BANNER I know it's been a while and I apologize for that. I hope i still have everybody's attention and like i said, I promise to finish this story! I'm going to seriously try to get the updates coming faster. I have a few new ideas for future fics which I will start posting once this one is done, i've even begun writing those and I keep trying to get inspiration for this one here.
Anyways, enjoy!
Leafing through her closet and humming along to the radio, Buffy felt she’d picked out the perfect ensemble for tonight.



Well actually, she had two ensembles.



The first included black, zipped up to the shin stiletto boots. Along with a dark red, mid-thigh length wraparound skirt that was soft in feel and style.



Her top was black and stringy. The neckline was a halter and the fabric clung to her curves. The back was bare down to her waist and the whole upper half was held in place by the ties around her neck.



The other outfit was her first choice but also just an idea because she wasn’t sure yet if it would work or not. All she needed to bring for it was her boots and a pair of tight skinny jeans.



Buffy threw everything, including the boots, into her large bag. It was easier to hide her sexier sets of clothes this time because she was bringing a duffel bag with her for Willow’s house. She was sort of looking forward again to torturing her guy with a strip-tease in the backseat, and maybe this time he wouldn’t have to restrain himself from doing something about it…



The blonde slipped on her shorts and lavender peasant top, her one-inch heeled sandals and a pair of earrings. She touched up her makeup, decided what blush and lip gloss she’d be bringing with for tonight, and checked the mirror.



Her hair was pin straight, Spike had never seen it this way before and she was curious as to what he would think. Her eyes were shadowed lightly but her top eyeliner was thick raven black giving her a doe-eyed look, and her lips were glossed ruby red. Winking at herself in the mirror, Buffy headed downstairs to grab a snack before going out.



Tonight was going to be fun, and even though she was pretty nervous about meeting his friends, she was still excited.



The girl also had to get to the bottom of whatever was bothering her Spike. Buffy hadn’t been able to figure it out when she was getting ready but she hoped once she talked to him in person she could get him to spill.



***



Buffy hauled herself down the stairs along with her two bags. Dropping her things on the floor and strutting off into the kitchen. It was almost eight and the sun was still up, on its way down but still out. She loved how the daylight hours lasted longer in summer, making it easier to be out late at night.



Pouring herself a glass of milk and rummaging around in the fridge she spotted some ham and got to work on making a sandwich.



The blonde walked over to the radio in the kitchen and turned it on, humming along to the music as she took a knife out of the drawer to spread the mayo.



It took her almost a full minute, she’d just finished making her meal, when Buffy realized that she was humming along to Billy Idol’s “White Wedding”.



The teenager frowned and walked up to the music player, noticing it was set on CD mode. She extracted a disc from the machine. It was silver and on the top of it the woman read aloud the words that were written there in black sharpie. “Buffy- Here’s for when you get a taste in music. I’m just starting you off easy, soon you’ll be humming along to the Ramones. But for now I thought I would gift you with something you told me you already knew. This CD is yours, made it for you- Strictly Billy Idol. Educate yourself! Love, Spike.”



Buffy smirked and shook her head. Damn punk boyfriend of hers. Who said Taylor Swift wasn’t good.



Popping the CD back in with lips pursed as she began humming again, she made a promise to herself to find some Top 100 hits of the 90s and Now that Spike enjoyed- if it killed her! And sure, Billy Idol wasn’t all that bad, but she’d be damned if she was going to stop liking Matchbox 20 just because she started enjoying the Sex Pistols- Which she still wasn’t sure would EVER happen.



After the punk artist’s voice tapered off and the melodies from “Cradle of Love” started to fill the air, Buffy wondered if Spike was really just copying the famous singer’s look. He had the hair, the rebel attitude and the leather… Eh, just another way for me to tease him.



Ooh, wonder if I can get him to put on some black eyeliner… bet he’d look hot with that on. Buffy chewed thoughtfully and took a sip of her milk.



A few minutes later Dawn came walking into the kitchen and frowned at the sounds she heard. Then she got a look at her sister and tilted her head. “What are you doing?”



The blonde almost jumped out of her skin at her sister’s voice. She twirled around and slammed the refrigerator door shut. “God! Dawn don’t DO that to me!” Hand flat over her chest and scowling at her younger sibling’s laughter, Buffy wrapped up the napkin she’d used as a plate for her sandwich and threw it away.



“So when exactly did you start dancing around to Billy Idol?” The brunette raised an eyebrow.

Buffy took her now empty glass to the sink. “How do you even know who Billy Idol is?”



“Uh, because his music is good. Anyone who doesn’t like Billy Idol has serious hearing problems.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

Buffy smiled a little as she rinsed out her glass. “You sound like Spike.”



“Well Spike has good taste.”

“Tell him that and his ego will grow, so do me a favor and don’t.” Putting the glass away the blonde turned back around to her sister. “My boyfriend decided he needed to ‘educate’ me on music, so he made me a CD and I was just listening to it. It isn’t bad but I still like Michelle Branch.”



Dawn scoffed. “You like Michelle Branch BETTER than Billy Idol?” She asked incredulously.

“Not better just… I’m more used to it and I’ve always liked her so I’ll just have to wait until Idol grows on me some more, ya know?”



Dawn hummed and turned scrutinizing eyes over to the CD player. She walked up to it and pressed skip on “Eyes Without a Face” and smiled as the next song began playing.



“Why’d you skip it? I never heard that one before.”



“That one will bore you, trust me, I know your taste. But this one…” She pointed behind her at the machine. “you’ll love.”

Buffy stood straight and waited for the lyrics to start, and once they did she smiled. Dawn was right. This song was catchy and she liked it immediately. “How’d you know?”



“Like I said. I know your taste.”

“What’s the name of it?”



“‘Dancing With Myself’. It’s one of my faves but ‘Sweet Sixteen’ is truly the best one that he does, at least in my opinion. You’ll probly hear it by the time you finish the CD, if Spike has truly good taste in music, it’ll be on there.”



Buffy frowned at her sister. “Do you like the Ramones, too?”

Dawn smiled. “You have so much to learn.”



The blonde’s eyes bugged. “Uh huh! Why didn’t you ever show me any of this stuff before? I only heard a few songs by Idol when apparently you know all of his albums!”



“I’d never thought about it.” She shrugged. “You liked your stuff and I liked mine. Never cared to bug you about it; and you wouldn’t have listened to anything I suggested anyway. Besides I like the new stuff just as much as the old. Give me Katy Perry and The Offspring and I’m happy.”



Buffy nodded, feeling like she’d been left out of some- imaginary -loop. “Uh huh.”



***



Spike took a deep breath before knocking on the door to the Summers’ home. He felt like he was coming out of his skin.



All day, thinking about this, remembering what his dad told him. Spike was going to keep Joyce’s relationship a secret, but it didn’t mean he felt good about it. Hell he’d never felt worse about anything in his life.



Sighing and rubbing his forehead with one hand nervously, Spike tried to make himself forget. He was just going to focus on showing Buffy a good time tonight, focus on having fun. This wasn’t an evening for worrying or for parental drama.



After a few minutes of forcing the guilty thoughts from his brain, it registered to Spike that no one had answered the door. Walking around the back and hoping to God and everything else out there that existed that he didn’t walk in on Joyce sucking face with her boy toy, the Brit walked up the back porch steps.



Suddenly, behind the sounds of girlish giggling, he was assaulted by the echo of Billy Idol’s voice shouting “Mony Mony” into the air. Remembering the little gift he’d left for Buffy the day of the barbeque, the boy pushed all thoughts of Joyce to the back of his brain and allowed a genuine smile to pass over his features. Spike twisted the doorknob and let himself into the Summers’ kitchen.



There they stood, his girl and her little sis dancing around to punk music laughing with giant grins on their faces. Spike just leaned against the doorframe and smirked, sticking his tongue in the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from laughing. The picture in front of him was something else. Dawn looked adorable and Buffy…



She looked alive. Glowing and happy, charming and yet incredibly sexy as she wiggled to the music, probably not even aware of the fact that she was naturally moving very provocatively- at least to his eyes.



All thoughts of secret keeping forgotten and not being able to help himself any longer, Spike marched up behind his girlfriend and grabbed her around the waist, lifting her up and spinning her around.



Quickly turning at Buffy’s loud shriek Dawn caught sight of her sister in her boyfriend’s arms and sighed. “Spoil our fun!”



Buffy sputtered and let out an indignant high pitched “Put me down!”, before bursting into full blown laughter and closing her eyes while Spike kept spinning her. “It’s- it’s your fault, ya know! You’re the one who- who left the CD!” she shouted in between her giggles.



He laughed and finally set her down. “I see you like it after all.” He began kissing her neck before she broke free and stood next to an amused Dawn.



Spike couldn’t help but notice how beautiful his girl looked right then, that bright smile and incredible blush all over her face, just beautiful. And he was tickled pink that she had liked his present, too. “At least I know you’re not completely lost to the world of pop.”



“Oh don’t say that just yet, she doesn’t even know who Nirvana is.”

“Who?”

“See.” Dawn jabbed a thumb at her older sister.



Spike’s eyes bugged. “You’ve got to be bloody joking. Please tell me you’re joking!”



Buffy shrugged guiltily and at Spike’s look that said he was ready to lock her in a room and make her listen to his whole collection of tunes, she quickly deflated. “I’ll just go get my things.” The teen ducked her head and went to get her bags.



In a matter-of-fact tone, the younger Summers girl spoke. “You need to help her.”



***



After picking up her stuff Buffy called upstairs to where she knew her mom was. “I’m going mom! See you tomorrow!”

“Okay honey, keep your phone on you!”



“I will! Bye!”



“Have a good time!”



The teenager turned around to meet a pair of kind blue eyes. Spike reached for one of her bags and opened the front door. “Shall we?”



Buffy nodded and shouted a goodbye to Dawn before walking outside. She never saw the pensive look her boyfriend gave up the staircase.



***



“Niblet was sayin she was surprised I got you listenin to Billy Idol, pet.” Spike spoke as he set Buffy’s bags in the back seat of his Desoto.



“Yeah, apparently she has both yours and my taste in music.”

“Well, aside from the shite that you call music, Bit’s got a good head on her.”



“Hey! Will you stop bashing my music, just because I don’t listen to your stuff doesn’t make my stuff bad!”

“You’re right.” He looked down at her. “Your stuff is bad all on its own.”



Narrowed eyes, she shook her head at him and then used a finger gesture to say exactly what she thought about his opinion.



Spike blinked a couple of times as he watched Buffy climb into the back seat with her bags. “Did you just flip me off?!”He asked, completely stunned and a little proud.



“Was I not standing close enough for you to see?” She popped her head out of the window and smiled sweetly up at her boyfriend.

Spike scowled. “Ooh, think I liked Dawn better. Even has good taste in music that one.”



“Yeah!” She chuckled scathingly. “She likes the Ramones, too. You guys are one and the same…”

“Oh, fell in love with the wrong sister then.”

“… But she also likes Katy Perry.” Buffy smiled again and ducked her head back inside the car.



Spike groaned and rolled his eyes, muttering something about preppy girly girls before walking over to the driver’s side door.



***



Once he started the engine, the guilt came back. He fought against it with all he had, telling himself over and over again that it was better if he kept the information to himself. If he told Buffy then she’d feel betrayed, angry, and worst of all she’d be hurt. Big time.



Turning the radio on and adjusting his mirror, Spike glanced a look at the blonde in the back. “So you’re doin the little outfit switch again, eh petal?”

“Yep, oh did you bring what I told you to bring?!”

“Huh- Oh right. It’s back there beneath the window.”



Buffy shuffled around before shouting a “Thanks!” out to Spike.

“Now why exactly do you need-”

“You’ll see in a minute.” The Brit went to adjust his mirror again in order to look at her better but she interrupted him. “Thank you for the CD by the way. I forgot to say that.”



“Oh s’no problem, love. Gotta get you-”

“Educated. I know. And hey, you know what else I forgot?”



“What’s that?”

He heard zipping and all thoughts of the dirty little secret he was hiding were forcibly swiped from his mind.



“That I prefer pants to skirts.”

“Wha- How’s that-”

“You’ll see in a sec, now tell me about this place we’re going to! I’m curious. Is it gonna be like something out of ‘The Fast and The Furious’?”



He desperately wished he could see her better, and Spike could’ve sworn he’d heard buttons popping. The man distractedly shook his head. “Sorry, what was tha?”



“I asked what this place was gonna be like, the circle I mean.”

“Oh, well…” He smiled a little, imagining her face when she finally got a look at the spot he was taking her to.



Buffy was going to be wide-eyed and shocked, all of her innocence would come pouring out of her. She’d love it but she would also have to get used to it, which Spike was sure she’d manage to do, but he still couldn’t wait to see her reaction, see that curious twinkle in her gaze. A blush of excitement and cautiousness would stain her cheeks, she’d probably end up surprising him at least once, and her green eyes would turn almost completely black with a thrilling inquisitive burn.



Spike couldn’t wait. “You’ll see when we arrive, kitten. Promise you’ll love it.”



At that moment, the “kitten” replied with an “Okay” just before tossing her purse over the front seat and then following it. As she climbed over the black material the boy turned his head and caught sight of what he immediately deemed were the sexiest shoes to ever be created.



Buffy wiggled her way over the seat and into the front, stiletto boots paired with dark gray skintight jeans showing off her legs. Her straightened locks accompanied with black earrings framed her beautiful face and crimson lips.



But what caught Spike’s eye was the top.



His girl had asked him to bring a red button down shirt of his own, of course Spike hadn’t been told why when he asked what for, but he brought it anyway. And now there sat Buffy, navel showing with a demure little self conscience look on her face that would make any man melt on the spot. She’d left a few of the buttons open to make a good tie, and then she’d knotted the two parts of fabric together in front to expose her stomach. And her black lace bra showed slightly from beneath the material lying loosely over her chest.



“Whada ya think?”



Oh, what a question.



Spike didn’t- couldn’t -say anything, just swallowed very hard and turned his eyes back to the road.



Buffy was a bit lost when he was silent. “Spike?”



No answer.

Okay, that’s weird.



Paranoia seeped in.



Oh crap, is it bad? Is it too much, the whole wearing his clothes thing? Buffy was internally panicking just a little now.



“Spike i-is it… I mean do you not like me wearing your shirt? I thought you’d like it, ya know- or is it not right for where we’re going- That’s it isn’t it!”



She was too busy rambling that she didn’t notice Spike pulling off the highway.



“I brought another outfit just in case this one didn’t work out- but if that one’s no good either then I’m sure I have something else in the bag I’m bringing to Willow’s- Here I’ll- let me check-” She went to lean over the seat again to rifle through her things. “I shoulda known this wouldn’t be a real clubbish sorta deal- I don’t know I guess I’ve just seen one too many movies. You never said what I should wear so I just-”



Just before she unzipped her duffel bag a very firm grip was brought around her wrist. The woman halted her movements and turned to her guy.



“If you try an change what you’re wearin, I’ll tie your hands together.”



His voice was hard and controlled, and the amount of stun she felt right then could’ve been enough to paralyze somebody.



He tugged her back down from her kneeling position. “Now sit.” He instructed.



Incredibly curious, a whole lotta wigged, and a little turned on, Buffy frowned. “Okay…”



She wanted to ask him what his deal was. Why he was acting all forceful all of a sudden, he’d never been like this before. She wasn’t scared or anything but she was confused. There was something in his voice; it was a combination of what sounded like restraint and- Maybe urgency? Yeah, that seemed right.



He pulled off onto the side of the road and killed the engine. Before Buffy could utter another word he pounced on her.



One arm curled around her waist and a hand in her hair, his lips came down upon hers, tongue diving in without permission, marking its territory.



The girl responded after a split second, naturally reacting to him and then suddenly understanding his behavior.



So I guess the shirt idea wasn’t so bad after all…

End Notes:
Smut next chapter! and also... reviews? PLEASE? the last chappie only got two and i just hope that I'm keeping everyone's interest!!

(and in case you were all wondering, yes i do LOVE Billy Idol (: but hey, i also enjoy Kesha so ya know, just call me Dawn)
Chapter 28 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I'm so sorry it's been so long. Some stuff has come up and I've been really busy. And on top of everything I'm sick and so life sucks right now- I just hope this chapter doesn't. It's mostly smut, let me know what ya think ;)
Spike’s tongue and teeth moved down to Buffy’s throat when air was needed. He mauled her skin, savored every moan and mewl that escaped his girl’s throat. And she was HIS.

And the sight of her in his clothes, done up with heels and that classic nervous little look she got on her face when she wasn’t sure about something- Oh hell he was a goner. She was radiant and vibrant and sexy and he needed to touch her before he busted a blood vessel. She looked so purely tempting and he wasn’t going to ever let anyone else lay a hand on her.

So with a potent need to mark, feel, relish in, and possess her even though she’d already stated she belonged to him, Spike had stopped everything and was currently working on the zipper to her jeans.

Incredibly lightheaded and drunk on the little growly/purry noises that kept coming from her boyfriend’s chest, Buffy gladly let go of the reservations she MIGHT have had about doing it in a car on the side of the road.

But, in this case, she really didn’t think she’d have had any reservations to begin with.

Struggling with relieving Buffy of her denims, Spike voiced his frustrations. “I think *I* prefer you in skirts, baby.”

“Here, let me!” She speedily shooed him away from where he was kissing her bare stomach, ignoring his groan and quickly arching up to get out of her pants.

She had the stubborn jeans down to mid thigh when Spike gripped them and hauled them to where her boots cut off.

“Good Enough.” Was all the Brit said before tearing her panties, sinking a finger into her, and attacking her clit with his mouth.

Buffy moaned out in surprise and pleasure. “God Spike!”

Smiling around her nubbin the man stealthily maneuvered his free hand to unzip her boots, all the while keeping a steady rhythm on his work.

Buffy couldn’t feel anything except for the exquisite rapture being gifted to her, the ecstasy between her legs and the sounds she emitted seemed a hundred miles away. The harder he sucked and nibbled, the harder she had to fight against writhing on the car seat. The strength being placed on her sex was driving the girl mad.

Once her shoes were loosened Spike quickly shook them off, adding a finger inside his girl and pumping faster. His ministrations earned a succession of mewls and whines, all of which spurred the man on and fuelled his lust.

Levis much too tight and Buffy getting closer and closer, the Pratt boy sped up his attentions.

He needed her. NOW.

When he started humming against her, Buffy let out a small shriek. “Oh, GOD- More, please.” The last trailed off into a pleading whisper.

Pushing in and out of her channel faster, Spike widened his mouth and sharpened his tongue, using the point of it to tickle her clit. His lips mouthed against her opening and he moaned into her. “Fuck you taste good!” He said, just before replacing his fingers and inserting his tongue, placing his thumb against her nerve filled button.

“Oh yes yes yes! Love it wh- when you do that- Ah!”

“What was that, love?” He pulled away to speak smugly for just a moment.

When he slid his wet tongue back inside her, she released a sharp gasp. “Dear GOD yourmouthshouldbeillegal!” She rushed out just before following the words with more moans and pushed her hands into her own hair.

Smiling as he devoured her, Spike slowed down his fingers but kept his tasting muscle inside moving speedily. Buffy protested at this change, but soon, as his hand slowly increased pressure and rapidity, the girl quickly began losing all ties to the world around her. The tension in her belly grew at breakneck speed, bliss crept up and Buffy surrendered to it with gasping breaths.

Her thighs clamped around his face and Spike tasted the flood of liquid heaven on his tongue, his eyes rolling up in his head. Ravenously consuming all she had to give just as willingly as she accepted the rush of satisfaction.

An underlying guilt for what Spike knew he was still keeping from her whispered against the edges of his mind, but the man’s need for his girl managed to simply shield it so all that happened was an increase in his desperation for Buffy. The small part of him that told him he was a liar was not loud enough for him to hear, only stern enough to drive him to acknowledge his gratefulness more than already felt for having Buffy in his arms.

The hot burn of pleasure left the Summers girl lax and pliant, relaxed and yet in need at the same time.

Feeling her boyfriend softly but urgently placing licks upon her trembling sex, Buffy wiggled some to get his attention. “Get me out of these jeans. NOW.” She stated calmly but with plenty of demand behind the words.

“You read my mind.” He spoke, just before hurriedly peeling her pants off the rest of the way.

Roughly grabbing her half naked form up in his arms, hauling her against his hard body, Buffy almost swooned at the feel of his chest pressed to her torso. She could literally make out every muscled curve as she limply curled into Spike’s arms.

Her hands found their way to his button and zipper. Breathing heavily against his cotton covered body, she relished in his also shaky breaths, happily knowledgeable to the fact that they were both in need of more despite the fact that she herself had already received physical completion.

Spike gripped her figure tighter and whispered against her golden hair. “Been waitin, ever since the first time- Gotta be inside you again, need to feel you, Buffy. Squeezin me into oblivion, your warmth- Want to be buried in that hot quim f'yours.”

All she could answer was a small whimper, for her mind was still too muddled to think quite clear. All she knew was to get him out of his pants ASAP!

She quickly let loose her boyfriend’s cock from its confines, softly stroking it as she murmured to Spike. “I missed you, I missed this… and I want-” When she stopped, Spike caught her blushing, and he couldn’t believe she was still doing that but he loved it. “I want to know what you taste like, know your flavor…”

His head span. He didn’t think she meant the words to sound dirty or stir his lust, for the way she spoke was soft and the sentences filled with simple admittance, but they made his hunger for her grow all the more. Still, he just needed inside. Fun and games like she was suggesting could come later. But right now he wanted to indulge in her wetness and heat, feel what she freely allowed him to embrace and trusted him to love.

Groaning at her soft strokes and marveling at the beautiful trusting look in Buffy’s eyes, Spike harshly tugged her shoulders closer to his own. “Later for that.” He said, just before leaning back against the door and drawing her onto his lap so her legs rested on either side of his thighs.

The position a little startling, Buffy looked him in the eyes somewhat confusedly. “What’re you doing?”

Her sitting there, still in his shirt, her hair slightly tousled and lips swollen from her biting them. Her taste was still on his tongue, the smell of her juices along with a sweet apple scent that wafted around her, Spike was overcome.

“Taking what’s mine.” He proclaimed, just before swiftly hauling the girl forward and impaling her onto his hardened shaft.

Surprised at this new angle, she let out a “Guh!” just before digging her nails into Spike’s shoulders.

Hissing at the feel of her, the liquid heat engulfing him, Spike squeezed his eyes shut and dug his fingers into Buffy’s hips. Straining for control with his jaw clamped shut.

The woman leaned forward and brought her mouth to his ear. “So that’s what you were doing.” She spoke breathily, just before releasing a kittenish mewl and began moving.

At first she simply rocked back and forth, getting a sense for the position and shuddering at every rub to her clit. But after a minute or so she put her weight down on her bent knees and started moving up and down his length.

The Brit slammed his head against the window, moaning at her moves and fighting for the strength not to plow into her and explode. She was incredible. “Fuck… You’re a natural.”

“Ah, so- Damn it’s so good. It feels so… right.”

And then their eyes locked, a silent truth passing through them both.

There’d never been something that felt so perfect.

Passion shooting back and forth between them, Buffy lifted herself up until she held only the tip of Spike’s cock inside her. Then, the girl very slowly lowered herself back down, squeezing her internal muscles as she descended.

With a loud growl Spike hurriedly undid Buffy’s shirt and went to town on her chest. She whimpered in approval and clutched at him, just as he was doing to her.

The girl’s fingers threaded through his hair as she moaned along to him suckling her breast. When he went to move to the other one, Buffy shoved him away so she could get more leverage for something she wanted to try and knew he’d like.

Shushing his attempts at moving back to her bosom, the girl quickly travelled up his length again. But this time, as she pushed herself back down onto his slick member, she languidly moved her hips in a figure eight pattern while once again focusing on tightening her inner muscles.

He stilled.

And in a deceptively quiet tone, he spoke. “Do that again.”

She did.

The results were well worth her hard concentration.

Just after he yanked her body to his, leaving Buffy with her palms on his chest, the Brit began ramming into her. With every lift of his hips she could feel the ecstasy building rapidly, and she fisted his top in her hands, grunting and moaning her agreements. “Oh my god, yes- harder! Unh- Yes! Fuck!”

And the words coming out of her mouth made him love her all the more. “Baby likes, does she?” He hotly whispered in her ear, his breath unknowingly making her shiver with lust.

“So good, Spike. Guh- So big- perfect.” He licked the shell of her ear while still plowing his cock inside as far as it would go, using the hand that wasn’t clutching his girl’s body to pluck one of her hardened nipples.

She moaned loudly.
“Yes… Fuck me.” It was barely a whisper but he heard it, and then promptly lost all coherent thought, along with every lingering ounce of control.

Shoving her body down against his so they were hip to hip, Spike held her there and pulled away from her hair to look deeply into her green orbs. “I love you.”
“I love you, too.”

Just as the words were uttered, the two blondes simultaneously smashed their lips together, and Spike took her face in his hands. He swirled his tongue throughout the inside of her mouth while grinding his pelvis against hers, touching her sensitive clit with every rub.

She was just about to come, so close…

Whimpering back in her throat and moving faster and faster, gaining more friction as the head of his prick bobbed gently against her sweetest spot inside…

She came as soon as Spike growled for what had to be the hundredth time, and his hands left her face to grip her ass, pulling her even closer.

The sudden squeal from Buffy that was smothered by their kiss excited him, just as he felt her inner walls quiver around his cock. Spike couldn’t hold off any longer.

He let himself go and they came together.

***

Once breathing had evened out and the couple lay entwined in a boneless heap, Spike helped Buffy get dressed. He found her boots and pants while she re-tied the shirt. And as the boy righted his pants Buffy hopped in the back to find a new pair of undies, never noticing her boyfriend stuff the ruined pair into his back pocket.

By the time the girl had finished re-dressing and plopped back down in the front, Spike had already started driving.

He pulled Buffy into his side, snuggling a tight arm around her middle and placing a long kiss to her cheek. “You’re amazing.”

With a devilish grin and a dreamy look in her eye, the Summers woman left a chaste kiss on Spike’s mouth before nestling into his side.
“You’re not so bad yourself.”

Rolling down his window and letting the night air blow in, Spike smiled at Buffy’s peaceful sigh of contentment. This was the reason he called her “kitten”, she reminded him of one. Just the way she looked now, all twisted into his leather coat with a sleepy smile on her lips; small and fragile, delicate features, emitting happy sighs every now and then.

God he loved her.

A few minutes later he turned the radio on, stirring her from her dozing state.

Spike heard her moan in protest when he moved his arm to mess with the music. He switched the radio back off. “Sorry, love. Go back to sleep.”

“Mmm.” She sat up and blinked. “No, it’s okay. Wanna be up when we get there.”

“Ya sure? I can just wake you-” But she was already stretching and yawning.

“No. I’m good. I’m all alert-girl now.” And she smiled at him.

Spike’s hair was a mess, but a hot mess. It was curly in spots and spiky in others. His eyes were still bright in the dark and the look on his features as he tilted his head at her…

He was just… gorgeous.

“I like your hair like this.” She said, as she ran a hand through his bleached locks to attest to her opinions.

He hummed his approval. “Yeah?”
“Mmhmm. It’s all sexy and messy- I like it.” Then suddenly her eyes bugged. “Oh crap! Is my hair a mess too?!”

The Brit peered on amused at his girlfriend as she quickly opened her visor to see herself in the mirror. “You look fine, Buffy. If anything I like it-”
She ran her fingers through her tangled mane and whined a little. “Ugh- I so have ‘just-been-fucked’ hair.”

He let out slight snicker. “’Just-been-fucked’ hair?”

She rolled her eyes as she directed her gaze towards him. “Like YOU haven’t heard the term.”
“Oh no, I’ve heard the term, sweetheart. Just surprised you ‘ave.”

“Well…” She fluffed her hair a little in the mirror. “There are a lot of things I’ve done that’ve surprised you. Correct?”

He nodded at the windshield. “Correct.”

The girl put her boots back on and set an elbow up on the dashboard. She scrutinized her driver and thought back to before when they’d talked on the phone. He’d seemed worried about something then, his voice was… off. But ever since he’d picked her up at home Spike had been perfectly normal.

But… knowing him, which she did, a little better than she felt any normal person should after meeting somebody such a short time ago, Spike wouldn’t just let anything go that was weighing him down. Something must’ve happened, even if it was taken care of now, she’d still like to know what had gone down to bother her boyfriend.

And so she asked. “Did something happen?”

“What do you mean?”
“Well… earlier on the phone, ya know when you called after talking to my mom, you seemed weird. I don’t know, just- did something happen?”

The boy felt like a knife twisted in his stomach. After everything that had gone down tonight…

Spike mentally told himself to keep breathing. He had been hoping she wouldn’t come out and ask about the conversation between him and Joyce. But as his luck would have it, she had. And now he’d have to lie to Buffy, about her own mother. He couldn’t just “not mention” the whole Drake business, he was going to have to outright lie to his girl now.

He couldn’t simply tell her the sodding truth like he wanted to either, because then… well then she’d be hurt. She’d be angry and there was no way she would enjoy herself tonight. Hell, Buffy would probably make him turn the car around right now so she could go and talk to Joyce.

And he wouldn’t blame her.

But then all hell would break lose

“No.” And he shook his head as he lied through his teeth.
End Notes:
Whadya think? Reviews for the sick/can't get any sleep/sore throat-ed writer??

-I know, I'm shameless-
Chapter 29 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I know, you all hate me for keeping this chapter away for so long.
Explanations in the end notes.
Hope you all enjoy this one!
His guilt and hidden shamefulness seemed to multiply. The remorse beat down on his back. His ribs. He felt it throughout his whole, he wasn’t sure if his body would quiver from the invisible weight but Spike wouldn’t be surprised if it did.



The frustration he felt quelled him and tightened its grip on his form every time his eyes managed to find Buffy’s smile. Every time her hair shone in a passing beam from a street light outside, or every time she kissed him chastely on the lips. She was killing him.



His guilt was killing him.



He’d already allowed himself this fate. He’d already decided that telling her would be anything but good- Keeping her safe and all that twaddle.



But he knew she’d loathe it, Spike read her too well. Buffy appreciated his kindness and his strength, she loved him for defending her when it was needed- but this wasn’t a Riley situation.



Spike knew his girl hated to be mollycoddled and sheltered. It was something HE had been trying to break her free of! That’s how this whole thing got started.



He’d wanted to allow her grittier feelings and naughtier essence to evolve into what it could be, essentially helping the girl truly know herself and know that her desires weren’t meant to be pushed down. He’d wanted to help her.



And now he’d gotten in deep, just like he’d known he would, and he was keeping something huge from her.



It was all so backwards and confusing. He’d hoped he would be able to forget about the secret and push it aside but… that hadn’t worked out so well. And now he was frustrated and angry.



And Spike knew he didn’t have a single fucking right to feel those ways.



***



“Are you okay?”



“Huh? Whas’that?”



“I said are you okay? You’ve been quiet for a long time now- and not the normal kind of quiet. You’re all… stiff.”



She poked his leg from where she rested against his side. They’d been sitting in comfortable silence now for a little while, but it soon turned less comfortable and more tensed. The first sign had been when Buffy noticed the arm Spike hung loosely around her frame go rigid.



“Yes, Buffy, m’fine. You’d think you were my shrink the way you keep askin me if I’m alright all the bloody time.”



She frowned up at him, taken off guard by his unkind tone. “Well sorry if I just don’t like you being upset.” The girl sat up a little straighter.



Spike remained silent but tightened his grip on the steering wheel, if only she knew why he was so wired.



Slinking away from him somewhat Buffy bit her lip before asking. “And I only asked twice, FYI.”



He didn’t respond.



A moment passed.



“Oh that’s a real good way to get me to believe that you’re okay. Ignore me.”



“I am not ignoring you, but I already said I was fine. Can’t you jus leave it alone?”



She swallowed hard and bit back a sigh. “Alright.” It was finality in her voice that she forced. If she let it alone, this conversation wouldn’t escalate and they would have a good time tonight instead of arguing or something stupid.



Hopefully whatever it was that was bothering her boyfriend would blow over, because if not then she would force him to tell her- And that would get messy judging by his stubbornness about the issue.



A part of her didn’t like that he was keeping something painful to himself. She didn’t like him carrying a burden all alone when she could comfort. But it was his choice, and maybe it wasn’t something important, just annoying, and he didn’t want to bring it up tonight.



Or perhaps it was something that he knew she couldn’t do anything about, or maybe he wanted to handle the problem by himself so he knew he could. Or it possibly could be a secret.



That last thought made Buffy tilt her head. A secret.



A secret?



Maybe one of his friends had a problem… But then didn’t Spike know he could trust her to be tightlipped? She wouldn’t say anything to anybody, besides who would she tell? Dawn? Xander? Willow?

Pfft! She was good with secrets. And hello! None of her friends knew Spike all that well. And as if Buffy would tell her little sister about something like this.



But if it was a secret… maybe he just felt too loyal to whoever he was keeping it for that he really simply didn’t want to betray a trust. She could deal with that.

She’d be curious, but she could accept it.



Loosely crossing her arms in front of her, the blonde leaned in towards him again and let out a calming breath. As her head rested on his shoulder she felt him go stiff again beneath her, but soon he relaxed and so, she did too. As much as she could anyway.



***



The car radio helped with a lot of things. And after a few good songs were played, none of which Buffy complained about, Spike felt a little bit better about everything.



He just kept telling himself over and over again that Joyce had put him in this position, and it wasn’t really his fault, and he was protecting Buffy from pain- which honestly did help to relieve some guilt if he kept saying it over and over… and over again in his head…



***



When the couple finally hit an off ramp and a few rumbling turns were made, Spike and Buffy found themselves less than a mile away from their destination.



The Brit knew he’d screwed up by snapping at his girlfriend before, but he made a promise to himself.



He was going to NOT act like an ass anymore. Buffy didn’t deserve it.



He turned down the music in the car and took her hand in his. When she didn’t pull away and let him entwine their fingers together, Spike took a breath.

“M’glad you wanted to come with me tonight.”



She smiled softly. “You know I was excited for this.”



He didn’t reply, just kissed her on the cheek and gave a quick squeeze to her hand.



“We’ll be there in a minute.”

Buffy nodded and mentally let out a sigh of relief. Tonight was going to be fun, for both of them.



***



The occasional word combined with the sweet silence in between was nice, but it was hardly enough to repress the sounds she heard in the distance through the open window.



The roar of engines revving and tires screeching in the atmosphere called to her before she even noticed the illumination. But once the bright shining of headlights and what seemed to be large temporary work lights, the type you see at construction sites, made themselves known, Buffy felt her pulse speed up.



Spike smirked at the sounds of racing engines and loud music breaking the quiet that permeated the air. The stress and worry of the day’s events rolled off his shoulders as he eased into the atmosphere he knew as home. This was his turf, his place, his life.



And he couldn’t wait to share it with her.



“Ready baby?”



She turned to him. Her green eyes were sparkling, a hesitant and kind of sloppy smile stilled on her face. “Huh?”



He grinned devilishly, unknowingly sending Buffy’s lust soaring. “Sit back and hold on.”



The Brit gunned the engine, flattening the gas pedal and sticking his arm out to stop Buffy from flying forward as he did so. The lights got brighter and the noises magnified, while the girl in the passenger seat breathed deeply in the air that was whipping her hair around her face and feeding her energy.



The acceleration was beyond immediate, the mood changed instantly and the surroundings of the outside world blurred to nonexistence.



Her heart hammered. She was terrified and wanting more. The energy singed her nerve endings and the belief that she could do anything sped through her veins at the same velocity as the car.



The Desoto’s engine vibrated. The two people inside the vehicle felt weightless, and both secretly hoped that the sensation encircling them would never end.



With a glance to Buffy, making sure she was okay and just LOVING the ecstatic facial expression she had on, Spike rocketed into the circle. The neighboring cars’ headlights shone everywhere, the revving of engines engulfed Spike’s black classic as he increased the speed. He shot through the open concrete arena and did two laps, hearing the cheers in the background. He knew he was being a showoff, but hey, he wanted to impress his girl. And besides, he was the best here, and everybody knew it.



Buffy’s knuckles turned white as she gripped the seat on the third lap. She couldn’t even hear herself think over the reverberations of the car and she loved it. Everything was so freeing and she was getting high off the speed.



Coming in off the side to center in the middle of the ring, Spike twisted the car around and made tire marks while he let the screeching sounds feed his good mood. Another quick look at his girlfriend showed that she had her eyelids shut, head against the headrest, and a delighted smile plastered on her face.



Not wanting to but still deciding to slow down, the Brit wrapped up the show and straightened his ride.



When she felt the change in her mood, followed by the immediate sense that they were slowing down, Buffy’s eyes popped open and all that she could think was…



“Wow.”



He heard the breathlessness in her tone and reveled in the noise. She’d loved it.

“You loved that didn’t you?”



She blushed, although wasn’t sure why, and beamed up at him before nodding vigorously.



“I knew it.”

Just the way he looked at her told her he wasn’t talking about the car ride; not exactly. “Knew what?”

“That you were my kinda girl.”



The Desoto headed towards a parking place near the other cars and people.



“You might not be able to drive, Summers, but you sure take to the speed.”



Buffy ducked her head and took a look out the window. He was right, she had felt so… alive; on the motorcycle and just now, too- when Spike had clearly been showing off for her and his friends.



Speaking of which…



The girl peered on and took notice for the first time of the crowd. There had to be fifty or sixty people out there.



The girls were all dressed, thankfully, like her; sexy and with edge. The males were dressed with their own sense of style, too; and they had better taste in clothes than most boys Buffy knew. There were couples making out against the sides of cars, girls laughing and dancing near the DJ stand, people placing bets, and guys chugging down cans of what, Buffy wasn’t sure.



Suddenly the nerves took over.



“That is a lot of people.” She said, just as Spike was pulling in. He traveled up to a group of individuals who seemed to know him because they all shouted out “Spike!” as he put the car in park.



He turned to the slightly pale girl next to him and gently brushed a bit of hair behind her ear. “I know s’a lot to take in. Just give yourself a bit a time to get used t’it.”



The bleached boy leaned in closer to her, their noses touching with his hand cupping the back of her head. Smiling knowingly he said, “They’ll love you.”



“… Ya think so?”



He chuckled at her charming, worried expression. “I know these things, pidge. And if anyone says anythin to make you feel uncomfortable, you just lemme deal with em.”



There was the lip bite, followed by a soft laugh.



He smiled again and was just leaning in for a kiss when-



“Hey Billy! What’re you doin in there!?” The words bellowed out of Charles’ mouth and Spike groaned before sticking his head out the passenger window, half of his body held above Buffy’s form. “Keep your knickers on you pillock!”



He pulled back in and looked at Buffy once more. “What is a ‘pillock’? Is that even a word?”



The Brit shook his head. “Uh- Have you not yet noticed that m’English, pet?”



“Yeah I know but… ‘pillock?’ Really? I mean who writes your language over there anyway?”



He blinked a bit, tongue stuck in cheek. “This comin from the girl who uses terms like ‘majorly wigged,’.”



“Yeah but that’s Buffy-language, not a nationally known dialect.”

“A’right look, do you wanna argue or can I kiss you now?”

“I thought you liked arguing with me?” And she pouted just enough to get him to…



Spike swooped his arm around her waist and pulled her close so their foreheads were touching.

“Oh darlin you know I do.” And he kissed her.



Their tongues mingled instantly, their lips softening and pressing all at once. The taste of the other’s mouth fed the lust that never seemed to deplete between the two fiery individuals. Buffy wriggled into his lap and sat there contently until she had to pull away to catch her breath.



“Ya know something-” Gasp. “-I love you, even when you’re a jackass.”

He gaped. “Why am I-”



“ ’You’re my bloody shrink, blah blah blah.’ ” She imitated him, using her best fake British accent.



“That was the worst English accent I have ever heard.”



She promptly hit his head in a playful yet scornful manner. “Don’t make fun of me!”



“Yeah, like I’m gonna stop doin that- You sounded like Mary Poppins who’d taken one too many swigs of whiskey, love.”



*THUD*



The teens turned their heads to the windshield and found-

“FAITH!”

“Hey blondie, you gonna bring your chick out anytime soon or am I gonna have to steal her away from you?!”

“GET OFF OF MY BLOODY CAR!”



“Oh don’t be so whiny- And ya know what bad boy, we really don’t care about you right now! All we wanna do’s see this girl you said you’d be bringin with- so get her out here!” She was posed on the hood on all fours, supporting her upper weight with flattened palms and stiffened arms.



Buffy fought not to smile, her boyfriend’s nostrils were flaring and if her guess was right, this Faith chick was two seconds away from being forcefully thrown off the Desoto.

“FAITH-”

“Get OUT of the car, and I’ll get off the hood!” She challenged, with a smirk that could rival Spike’s own painted onto her lips.



Before the Brit could do or say anything another brunette came into view and planted herself next to the snarky girl, although her arrival was less dramatic.



“Hi there!” She said brightly, you had to talk loudly to be heard even with the car windows open. “You must be Spike’s girlfriend, I’m Fred!” And she waved.



Buffy smiled. “Hi! I’m Buffy!” She said and waved back while Spike groaned an agitated “Bloody hell” under his breath.

“Buffy?! Whoa, you musta put your mom through a lot a labor to get stuck with- Ow!”

“This is Faith!” Fred gestured to the girl she just elbowed.

Buffy laughed. “I know!”

“You’ll get used to her!”

“I’m sure!”



“Hey Annie! C’mere and meet Spike’s girlfriend!” Fred called out into the distance.



Not a second later a blonde girl was on the driver’s side of the car hood, leaning on it with her hands and peering into the Desoto. “Oh wow, you’re pretty! Hi Spike!”

“Will you batty chits get off of m’car!”



“See this is why we don’t include him in conversation!” Faith said.

They all ignored the aggravated male. “I’m Anne, but you can call me Annie!” The blonde girl spoke to the other female inside the Desoto.



“Oh- Thanks!” The Summers girl grinned; blushing from all the attention and the compliment. “I’m Buffy!”



“Buffy?!” The revving of surrounding cars and the DJ’s music made it necessary for everyone to continue yelling.

“She isn’t joking!” Faith said.

“I like it!” Annie turned the upper half of her frame around to call out into the distance. “Cordy! Get your ass over here and meet Buffy!”



“Oh that is it! Get the HELL off-”



“Well if you hadn’t been busy getting a lap dance from your girl, and had gotten your ass OUTTA the car then we wouldn’t be ON it!” Faith countered, succeeding in making Buffy very aware of her position on Spike’s lap.



The blonde’s eyes bugged as she discreetly tried to squirm out of his clutches, but he just held on tighter and said, “Oh no ya don’t.” in her ear.



Then Cordy appeared. “Where is she?!” She asked Annie excitedly.

“A’right! That’s enou-”

“Shut up Spike- Oh there you are! Hi, I’m Cordelia!” The pretty, also brunette lady waved to the petite woman in the front seat.



“I’m-”

“She’s Buffy!” Fred spoke loudly to the most recent arrival.

“Buffy?!”

“Yeah!”

“Hey whatever floats your boat I guess- Nice to meet you Buffy!”

“You too!” And she smiled again. She’d never met such energetic people before, they were nice. Even though they kind of kept making fun of her name…



That was what Spike had first done, too.



“So you are his girlfriend right?! He didn’t just pay you to come with him tonight?!” Annie questioned, her eyes glittering with laughter.

Buffy bursted out laughing and shook her head in the negative.



“Alright, we’re done now! EVERYONE OFF OF MY DAMN CAR!” Spike roared. He opened the driver’s side door and slid out into a standing position.



“Jeez! Calm your tits bleach boy- We were just talkin to her!” Faith yelled, even though it was easier to hear now that there wasn’t a windshield in the way PLUS the sounds of music and engines in the background.



Buffy hopped out of the Desoto, the fresh air and the friendly people doing much to improve her previously nervous frame of mind. Taking her guy’s offered hand and snagging her purse, Buffy closed the car door and leaned against it.

“I’ll calm mine as soon as you put yours back in your shirt.” Spike almost growled.

“Ooooh, testy. Relax pal, it was just a joke!”



“Since when is Faith’s sense of humor ever ladylike, Spike?” Fred inquired from where she lay across the hood, her feet kicking playfully as she rested on her stomach with her hands posed under her chin.

“Yeah really, you should be used to it by now.” Cordelia said with a scoff.



“Hey, I can be ladylike.”

“Yeah, sure ya can.” Annie said in a tone that flaunted just how much sarcasm she was putting behind the statement, patting Faith on the shoulder as she walked by.



“All ya gotta do’s just dress me up in a little plaid skirt, some Mary Janes, and I will be as innocent and ladylike as you ask me to be.” She jumped off the Desoto and stood standing. “If the guy who asks is cute enough that is.” She said with a shrug and a wink.



“And insane.” Spike muttered.

“What was that?” Faith turned her eyes on Spike and cocked her head, arms crossed over her chest.

Spike was about to respond, Buffy was sure with a mouth full of truth and retort, so she slipped into the conversation before her boyfriend could swallow his own foot.



“Don’t mind him; he has a tendency to be an ass once in a while. Actually, weren’t we JUST discussing this in the car honey?” And the Summers girl turned her too sweet smile and glinting eyes onto the bleached male.



The giggles from Annie, Fred, and Cordelia echoed behind them. “Oh right. We were talkin ‘bout how crazy dames such as yourself tend to bring out the worst in me.” Spike smirked a little for good measure, he wasn’t angered by Buffy’s joke; on the contrary, he was glad she felt comfortable enough to make one. But he wasn’t letting her off the hook.



The girl was just ready to respond when someone’s voice broke through the atmosphere.

“Hey Bleach Boy! What’re you doing over there, man?!”



Spike turned his head in the direction of the call and then focused his eyes on Anne. “Will you go get your soddin better half, Annie? He keeps actin like he hasn’t seen me in a bloody year.”



Annie turned on her heels and shouted for her boyfriend. “Gunn, stop being lazy and WALK YOUR ASS OVER HERE!”



Buffy eyed the bellowing female, and, for the first time, noticed the other blonde’s outfit.



Anne’s tight, purple and black tank top fit firmly to her curves. Her jean shorts clung to her long legs and adorned a black leather belt. Her wrists held dark bangles; her hair, was long and straight and vibrant.



The Summers girl scanned over the rest of the women’s ensembles and found that she was really glad she’d worn heels tonight.



Cordelia had on a tight jean skirt along with strappy 3inchers. The shoes matched her maroon colored, formfitting halter and her hoop earrings were silver like the pretty chain around her neck. Her wavy, coffee colored tresses reached all the way down to her lower back.



Faith stood tall and sexy in a grey crop top which showed all of her toned stomach and much cleavage. She had on dark blue jeans, black platform boots and a matching belt. Chestnut locks fell to her shoulders.



Fred, although had a face as sweet as her honey coated country accent, wore the sexiest little number in the group. A leather mini paired with black heels that tied up and around her calf. Her shirt was a red boat-neck which showed off her shoulders. The girl was tall and beautiful. The volume in her hair had Buffy gripping jealousy, and the vibrant brunette strands framed the girl’s deep red lips.



For a second the Summers girl felt under- erm, OVERdressed, not sexy enough; but then she gave herself a mental smack to the forehead as she looked down. With a small smile Buffy readjusted her boyfriend’s button-down and stood up straight. She looked good and she had to remember that.



As if on cue, Spike pinched her butt playfully just as Gunn walked up.



The tall smiling man pulled Anne close to him when she was within arm’s reach, and the blonde pecked him on the cheek lovingly. “‘Bout time.”



“I was expecting you guys to come over there.” He gestured with the beer in his hand to where he’d been standing before.

“Sure ya were.” Annie rolled her eyes. “Well anyway, this is Spike’s girlfriend- He FINALLY got a chick to go out with hi-”



“Hey! I’ll have you know I’ve been with plenty of-”



“Are you really gonna finish that sentence?” Buffy interrupted and raised her eyebrows at her boyfriend.



Spike sighed. “Balls.” Guess that whole not being an ass thing isn’t workin out too well, is it mate?



“Okay, everyone check your watches- how long did the relationship last before Spike screwed it up by sayin something dumber than his own hair color?” Gunn joked.



“Actually his hair is brighter than the sun so that comparison doesn’t really work.” Fred pointed out. “Oh shoot! Where’s Wesley, I want him to meet her too! Oh, and Cordy you should go get Oz.”



Cordelia nodded before walking off in search of the red haired man, and Faith mentioned that she thought she saw Wes a minute ago. “I’ll go find him for you.”



“Thanks Faith.” Fred smiled gratefully and turned back to the still scowling blonde couple. “Spike, stop frownin at her like she did something wrong- You’re the moron who mentioned sleepin with other girls.”



He broke eye contact with Buffy. “I did NOT say anything ‘bout sleepin with other dames!”

“Like that’s not what you meant.” Fred scowled.

“I didn’t even get to finish my sentence!”

“And you damn well shouldn’t have even started it!”



“Hmm, I like her already!” Buffy said, meaning Fred but still keeping her eyes locked on her boyfriend. To be honest she wasn’t mad, just a little too busy having fun seeing him sweat; which he was. Like a pig.



And Fred loved messing with him too, as she made it clear after she caught Buffy’s eye and winked. “Now apologize.” The southern belle ordered.



“Why do I always get bossed around by you birds, how come Gunn never gets his ass scolded like a bloody third grader’s!?”

“Because I’m smart enough to realize when they’re screwing with me.”



Annie smacked his arm. “Aw! Why’d you have to ruin it, I was just about to join in!”

“Wha-” And Spike turned to see a smiling Buffy and a smirking Winifred. The Brit narrowed his eyes and met his girlfriend’s smile with a look that made the grin waver. “Why you little…”



Just before he could move a step towards her and take the little pixie away to punish in the naughtiest of ways, Faith showed up with Wesley, who found his place next to Fred.



The couple shared a kiss before Wes pulled away and looked at the newcomer in the group. “This is Buffy.” Fred announced. “Buffy, this is my boyfriend Wesley. He’s gonna tell you his full name of course, even though no one ever uses it.”



Buffy shook Wesley’s offered hand and smiled. “Nice to meet you.”



“Wesley Wyndam Price, and yes, that is my full name; which I’m sure Fred is right, you will never use. Everyone here tends to have a habit in calling me ‘Wes’ anyhow; and you may too, of course.”

“Thank you, Wes.”

“Alright now all we need is Cordy to get back here with Oz and you’ll have met everybody.” Anne proclaimed.



“Oz?”

“It’s short for Daniel Osbourne.” Spike said as he sidled up to Buffy and wrapped an arm around her middle.

She leaned into him and Cordelia approached the group, short redhead male in tow.



“Buffy, Oz- Oz, Buffy.” Cordelia quickly introduced the two strangers. “She’s Spike’s girlfriend and yes, I know it’s a shock. But your guys’ bromance had to end at some point- I was actually beginning to wonder a little bit about how close you two were getting.” She said with an inquisitive frown on her face.

“Yeah, so was I.” Faith stated matter-of-factly, and was quickly agreed with by Fred.



“What?!” Spike shouted.

Buffy was sure she’d never seen her boyfriend’s eyebrows go so high before.



“All good things must come to an end.” Oz nodded with an accepting smile on his face. “Nice to meet you by the way.” The redhead acknowledged the perky blonde whose good mood had just reached new heights.



“You too.” She smiled at him before directing her gaze back to Cordelia. “And please tell me you’re not joking about the Spike-Oz thing because that would be-”

“It would be NOTHING because she IS JOKING!” Spike urged.



Buffy laughed along with the rest of the group who couldn’t help reacting to Spike’s indignant outburst.



“Oh now that hurts man- I thought I meant so much more to you!” Oz managed between chuckles.

“Shove it, Osbourne.”

“Oh lighten up, Spike.” Buffy patted her boyfriend’s shoulder.



He looked down and as soon as he caught sight of Buffy’s carefree grin the man couldn’t help but smile in return. Her happiness made her eyes literally sparkle and his heart tighten a little.



Cordy turned and took a couple of cans out of a nearby cooler, handing one to Buffy.

“Here ya go.” She gave a bright yellow Rockstar energy drink to the petite blonde.

“Oh! Uh.. thanks.” Buffy tried a grateful smile.



“I thought you might want something to drink.” The brunette said. “There are tons of flavors but this is my favorite one. It’s like fizzy lemonade. Try it.”



Buffy popped open the can while the people around her kept talking and laughing. The carbonated liquid slipped down her throat and the taste settled on her tongue. It was yummy- really yummy actually.



“Thanks, I like it.” Cordy smiled at Buffy’s approval.

“No problem.”



“OH MY GOSH!”

Everyone turned to Fred at her outburst.



“What’s her deal?” Faith questioned to no one in particular.



“This song! Oz you used it!”



Oz smiled and returned the brunette’s sudden hug. “I had to make a remix of it but the chorus is all in there.” He spoke as she pulled away.



“Am I missing something?” Cordelia asked.

“I know I am.” Anne added.



“This song! The one that’s playing right now- It’s called “King of Apology” by Jana Kramer, I absolutely love it! Oz made a remix of it to play here just cuz I asked him to- Oh thank you so much!” And she left a big smooch on his cheek.



“It was nothing.” The DJ said, blushing slightly after the excited girl pulled away.



“C’mon y’all we’re dancing.” She grabbed Anne and Faith’s arms and tugged them toward the music. “Cordy, Buffy- You too!”



Cordelia smiled from ear to ear. "Finally! Someone other than me who actually wants to move to the music a little!” The tall beauty took Buffy’s drink and handed it, along with hers, over to Spike before taking Buffy’s hand and leading her away.



“Cordy, ya might wanna ask her if-” Spike started, but was interrupted by... his girlfriend.



With a giddy smile Buffy waved off the bleached boy’s concern. “Spikey it’s okay! I love this song- Great remix Oz!” She followed Cordy to the music and away from the boys.



“Glad I could be of assistance.” He said in a kind tone.



Spike looked on at his girl as she became one of many who were busy enjoying the melody. She and Faith started dancing together after Cordy joined Anne and Fred. The girls were laughing with each other, swinging closely, and looked like they were all old friends instead of new acquaintances.



Buffy seemed so excited and bubbly. Every time one of the girls grabbed her hands and shared in the fun with her she got more and more cheerful.



Gazing at her from where he stood, Spike realized how strange it was that one person’s happiness could affect his own in such tremendous ways.
End Notes:
A very very close relative of mine passed away and it's been super hard for me and my family. I was working on the story (which is difficult anyway) and then the death happened, so I haven't been great with the writing thing. I know this has been like a month in coming and I apologize. Please leave some reviews and I promise that i will set an alarm to make sure that every future chapter is no more than 2 weeks after the last. And I hope you guys like this one, i kept it a little bit longer to make up for the lack of postage.
Chapter 30 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Yeah yeah yeah, i know im late- what else is new lol
sorry, but here's #30 hope you like!
He knew it was different with this one. This girl, the beautiful siren who was dancing with those she called strangers not too long ago but none of whom fell under such a detached category anymore.





Every twist lit a fire in his bones, every smile made him mimic it, every hair flip sent blood pumping faster, and every look she offered him both teased limits and called his name.





She would wink at him, grin in his direction, or just simply glance his way- and every time eye contact was made he knew she was both luring him and testing him.





How long would it take the boy to go get his girl?





He spent half an hour having a good time with those of his friends who were not dancing by the DJ stand, all the while taking repeated glances over at Buffy just to see her, make sure she was still having a good time; which she was.





And it was through these glances that Spike found himself thinking about how important she was to him.





Long ago, he had been head over heels in love with another woman; Drusilla. And he held no doubt that he would have died for her in the past, she’d been his majestic, raven haired beauty. His black goddess.





Spike had loved her wholeheartedly and passionately. He’d loved her so much that the pain when she left had been unbearable.





But if Buffy disappeared, the suffering he’d endured after Drusilla would seem like a walk in the park; and Spike knew this with all the fear the mere thought of losing Buffy brought to his heart.





He’d known right off the bat what would happen if he let his guard down around the Summers girl. But the Brit had stopped caring pretty quickly, in part because she’d attacked his defenses without even trying. And he learned that Buffy was different from Dru. Sweeter. Her whole spirit was lighter.





Now she was everything to him.





She was unique, and it was scary how much her heart mattered when it came to the wellbeing of his own.





His entire plan to hate everything about moving out of the city hadn’t worked out so well…





Moon Stream was still a dull little place to live, but if Buffy was there Spike honestly couldn’t care where the hell he set up camp.





To say that fact was scary was an understatement.





Even if this place they were at now didn’t exist, where cars raced against invisible bullets and tires screeched louder than a banshee’s lungs, the bleached rebel knew that Buffy would have made everything better for him just simply by being around.





So it was hard for him to go a long period of time without wanting to touch her, look at her, talk to her- just have some sort of contact with her. It was like he needed a Buffy fix every once in a while, just to make sure she was still really THERE, loving the stubbornness and unruliness that was him. He was rough and she was soft, she was light while he was dark.





And yet they fit perfectly together.





It was like they filled in the blanks of the other. Spike helped Buffy bring out her inner demon and accept it, while she made him face his more loving side, the William in him.





Spike had been doing things as of late- writing poetry in his little notebook, usually inspired by Buffy or something she’d said. With agitated acceptance he’d started doing the dishes if his father wasn’t home, along with taking out the garbage. And with annoyance, the teen realized he’d been feeling guilty about fighting with his dad. Every time they got into an argument now he could hear Buffy scolding him. She’d once said that she liked his dad, and that he was a sweet man.





The chit had guilted him into being nicer to his father without even realizing it- On top of that, she calmed down his inner devil.





Turned me into a bloody nancy-boy is what she’s done, Spike thought to himself.





She’d made him want to be good. For her. The Pratt boy still felt sometimes that Buffy deserved better than him, hell he felt she deserved better than any earthly man, but being with her made him want to be right for her.





Like he said, this one was different. She was special and strong and golden- and shit he just hoped he never lost her. The thought made his stomach turn and twist in very, very unpleasant ways.





The teenager dug into his duster pocket and grabbed a fag, lighting it a moment later with his silver Zippo and a flick of the wrist.





Maybe he’d go have a dance with her in a bit.





“Hey Spike.” The teen felt a slight slap to his shoulder.





“Yeah, mate?” Eyes tearing away from his steamy vixen, he turned around to see Gunn standing there with someone unknown. The stranger was tall, with brown hair and a thin jaw. His eyes were grey and the guy’s complete appearance… well to be truthful the bloke’s whole demeanor was just... off.


“New guy here- The name’s John.” Gunn said.


Spike nodded. “‘Ello.”





The latest arrival looked the bleached male up and down, sizing him up as all men did one another. He stuck out his hand in greeting, although the gesture seemed a bit forced, and Spike accepted it with just as much repugnance, and just as much civility.





“And you are?”


“Spike.” He answered simply.


The man seemed to take a minute and process this reply. “I assume that’s a nickname?” He asked with a slight scoff.


Lips pursed, the Brit nodded.





“How’d you get it?”


“Long story. Has to do with a… past hobby of mine.” No, he was not about to tell the git all about his car thieving habits, even though the man being here in the first place probably meant that he himself wasn’t any saint. But Spike hadn’t even played at that game since Chicago.





John bobbed his head. “Kay then. So Gunn, care to show me where the drinks are? I want something with preferably way too much alcohol in it.”





As the two men headed off in search of booze, Spike narrowed his eyes at their retreating forms.


He didn’t think he was going to like this new prat.





***





Buffy yelled over the music into Fred’s ear. “I’m getting a drink, be back in a sec!”





The brunette nodded and the Summers woman bounced over to her boy-toy, wrapping her arms around his neck and planting a smooch on his cheek.





The reaction was instantaneous. He spun around and locked her in his embrace, claiming her neck with kisses. “Was just about to come an get you.”


“Oh you were, were you?” She said, trying hard to form words as she caught her breath while dealing with the feel of his lips on her throat.





He nuzzled his face against her skin, pulling her a little closer as he got a whiff of her hair.


“Do you still have my drink?”





Nodding in the affirmative Spike reluctantly turned away from her and got the can off the hood of his car. Handing it over and answering the girl’s “Thank you” with a “Sure, love.”





She sipped the yummy beverage and placed a kiss to her boyfriend’s lips. Gazing up into his bluer than blue eyes and smiling at the contented look on his face; she really loved him and was still getting used to just how much- which she wasn’t sure would ever even happen because…





God he was incredible. In his “I’m a badass rebel/heartfelt poet” way he was so remarkable. Like a walking contradiction. One minute he was playing with her hair and the next he was playing with her bra strap. Or he’d say something crude that raised a blush to her face, the next second he’d spit out deep words of feeling that bordered on cornball but somehow sounded beautiful.





She loved everything about him, even the things she didn’t like she loved because they made him Spike. Her spike.





Oh but she’d still get pissed off at her bleached boyfriend pretty easily sometimes, but he’d take it and give back to her everything she gave him. Their relationship was fun, and still held onto the caring.





And the heat… ugh, she was still quivering from the car-gasm not too long ago.





Thinking about it, Buffy decided to do one of her favorite things… Tease Spike.


She put her energy soda back down on the hood of the Desoto.





Standing on her tip toes the girl leaned up the last inch or two her heels didn’t offer her, and nibbled lightly on Spike’s earlobe. She slipped a hand discreetly down his jeans (thank God for that coat), cupping his bare bottom before sliding the feeler over towards the zipper and…





“Christ, you love to torture me don’ you?” He whispered hotly in her ear once she gripped the length of him.





“And you love being tortured.” Her palm was now running up and down his shaft as slowly as possible, although it was hard to even try moving quickly with such tight denim confining everything.





He groaned. “I’ve created a monster.”


She responded by squeezing him, which got her a growl and a nip to the neck. “You complaining?”





“Never.” And he forcibly pulled her hand away from its torturous antics and hauled her whole body into his, capturing her lips for a brief yet scorching kiss.





“Wanna step away for a minute, love?”


Her hazy eyes bugged once the words registered. “Wa- Here? Now?!”


“That was the idea.”


“No! Are you crazy?!” She pulled back and looked at him like he’d sprouted a unicorn horn.





Spike smiled at her. Oh, this was gonna be fun.





“Oh c’mon… Doesn’ it tickle your fancy just a tad? Thinkin of you an me…” He ran his palm around her neck and leaned in to speak softly against her hair, making sure she heard him. “Your hot skin rubbin against mine as we writhe into each other, as I grind hard against your clit and make you moan… for me.” He bit that little spot behind her ear and relished in her labored breathing. “I can see it, Buffy. Your head thrown back, biting those delectable lips of yours as I pound IN. and OUT. of you.”





God damn it how’d he turn this around on her?!





He linked his finger through a belt loop and drew her pelvis forward, starting to grind her form into his own. “Your tight little quim stranglin me as I rub that place you’ll want my hand the most. And every whimper you make as I lick your juices off of my fingers, every sigh that only says you want more…” He slowly dragged a cool hand up and down her arm, leaving goose bumps. “Every time you beg for me, call out my name as I get you sweaty and slick- I’ll give you so much that you won’t know if you want me to stop or continue when it all gets to be too much.”





Holy- This was ridiculous. Like seriously! She was ready to rip off her clothes right there. This kind of power over someone’s hormones shouldn’t be possible.





His breath was on her ear and his whispers we’re so moist she wasn’t sure how she was able to keep from shivering. “I’ll make you come so hard you won’t even care ‘bout the people right around the corner who can hear you screaming as I fuck you.”





An involuntary mewl escaped her.


He growled in response, gripping her shoulders roughly. “That’s my kitten. Lemme show everyone who you belong to.”





His voice was coarse and she was done. She felt light headed. A girl could only take so much.





“Let me make you CREAM.”


She grabbed his duster’s lapels and hauled his mouth to her own, ravenously attacking him like a woman starved.





When she pulled away his eyes were almost completely swallowed up by black, and she was sure hers looked the same. “Take me. Anywhere.”





Spike smirked at the demand. Time to find a nice little spot where-





“Are you guys always all over each other?”


And the peroxide blonde let out an agitated “fuck” under his breath. Couldn’t he get a little time alone with his lady?


Buffy released a pathetic whimper at Cordelia’s voice. After getting all worked up now she’d have to skedaddle back off to the dance floor.





“Pretty much.” She still managed to answer the brunette’s snarky question, even though her breathing was a bit uneven.


“Well you two have time for hormone exchanges later. Let’s get back out by the girls.”





“The girls can-” Spike was just about to tell Cordy that she could sod off when Gunn joined in on the conversation.


“Eh Cordy! I want you to meet someone.”





The tall female turned to her other friend’s voice and smiled charmingly at his companion.





As introductions were made less than a foot away from the still embraced couple, both of the seventeen year olds happily ignored the others and mentally raced to think of a location that would suffice for a little fun.





Of course neither of them thought of a spot to sneak off to before Buffy’s name was called.


The blonde woman turned her head at Gunn’s shout. “Oh sorry- What was that?”





“This is John. He’s a newbie too, just like yourself.” And introductions were made once again, with Buffy offering a nice hello which John responded to with a leer and a smile.





The smile she saw and returned. The leer she didn’t even detect.





Spike though...





Knew there was a reason I din’t like this wanker.





“Buffy huh? Cool name. What’s it mean?”


She frowned slightly. “Uh- M’not sure. I never looked it up.”


“Well, pretty name for a pretty girl.” He spoke flirtatiously, but not enough to be deemed inappropriate, as he raised his hand holding a beer in her direction.





She grinned. “Thank you.”





Spike was jaw clenching.





“Alright, well- If you’ll excuse us, we’re heading back out to the DJ stand.” Cordelia took Buffy’s hand and started leading her away. “No one ever wants to dance with me- So tonight, I’m gonna milk it!”





Buffy laughed and was about to move out of her boyfriend’s arms to follow when-


“You are NEVER borrowin anything of mine again!”





All heads turned in the direction of Fred’s voice.





“Well why the hell not?!” Faith boomed.





Annie was in tow of the two bickering females. She sent a sympathetic shrug Cordelia’s way at the sound of the brunette’s annoyed “I swear, if I have to go back out there and make do dancing with groping sleaze balls I’m so kicking someone’s ass.”





Wesley approached the group just then, curious as to what had gotten his girlfriend so riled. He sent a look towards Gunn that said “What’s going on?”, but the Brit only received a confused expression in return.





“God! You’re about as trustworthy as a fox in a hen house!” Fred yelled.


“Oh no, was that- Faith you got her usin southern sayings again!” Annie chastised.


“It’s not my fault- Tell Dorothy to get a grip. She’s overreacting!”


The southern belle spun around, aggravation sparking from her eyes. “*I’M* overreactin?! You gotta be as dumb as a bag full a hammers!” And her accent seemed to get thicker with every word.





“M’sorry! I’ll fix it alright- tomorrow night!”


“Do you think she meant for that to rhyme?” Buffy mumbled in Spike’s ear, and got a smile from him.





“Were you even gonna tell me if I hadn’t a asked you about it?!”


“Yes! ... Okay, no.”


“You conniving little-”





And Wesley finally decided to step in on that note. “Whoa whoa, wait a minute, what is all this about?”


“Faith crashed my bike!”


“It’s just a side swipe!”


“The Harley?! Faith!” Wes scolded.





“Oh calm down! I don’t see any of you askin HOW the bike got damaged or if *I* was by any chance hurt- So relax before you have all the facts.”





Winifred stalked up to her friend. “I’m sorry. But seeing as you’re standing right here being as irritatin as ever, I don’t think I have to worry too much about your health! HOWEVER- I WOULD like to know how you managed to fuck up my motorcycle! Please, I’d really like to know how much money it is gonna cost YOU to fix whatever the hell you messed up!”





“Okay everyone needs to take a breath before I smack y’all upside yo stupid heads!” Gunn’s voice boomed, successfully silencing the argument that was beginning to draw about as much attention as his and Annie’s races did. “Now look, you both know what’s gonna happen here. Right Wes?”





That was Mr. Price’s cue to elaborate, and he took it with practiced ease. The entire group had been through this kind of thing more times than anyone could count. And somehow it never ended in a catfight, although there were times when it had come close.


“Faith, you will pay for any and all damages to Fred’s bike. And Fred…” He turned to his girlfriend’s still frowning face. “You’re going to stop pouting, and accept Faith’s apology-”


“She didn’t-”


“Which will be given right now- Faith.” And the man nodded his head expectantly.





The forced maturity that was placed on the two brunettes had everyone smiling, except for the dames who were busy begrudgingly making amends.





They’d be over it in half an hour.





Buffy looked dazedly at Spike, who’s arms were wrapped loosely around her waist, and she blinked. The whole of the event that had played out before her eyes just now fogged her brain. The sudden argument that she swore would’ve concluded with someone’s wrist left in a cast, but surprisingly had ended as quickly as a person turning off a light switch.





It was strange and amusing.





All she could ask her boyfriend was, “Does this happen a lot?”


“Enough to the point where I’m used to it, ducks.” He smirked.


She grinned. “I think I like it here, Spike.” And she turned slightly to lean into him and rest her head against his leather duster.





He planted a kiss on her head. “Yeah, bunch a crazies these people are, you fit right in.”


“Hey!” She locked eyes with him. “If I weren’t at least a little bit crazy, you wouldn’t like me now would you?”


“You got me there, love.”





She smiled, satisfied, before leaning her head back against his body. “Besides, they’re not really all that crazy.”





He scoffed.





“Well okay, fine, maybe a little. But only enough to make this place fun.”





Spike let a smile grace his lips. Leave it to Buffy to spin the insanity that was his friends around and make it seem enjoyable…





And the funny thing was, she was right.





He hugged her tighter. “I love you.”





She made a small noise against his chest in response before replying. “Love you, too.”





***





An hour later, the Summers girl had seen Gunn and Annie race each other twice, which was the best thing ever as far as she was concerned. The couple was the top entertainment this side of the equator and each time Annie got Gunn to scream Buffy couldn’t help but laugh hysterically.





The duo was currently busy revving their engines for yet another race, which was going to be Gunn’s attempt at beating his girlfriend.





Buffy watched as Faith marched up in front of the two cars. Her brown hair spun in the air and her clunky boots seemed to pound at the tire marked pavement. She placed her body in the space between the wind scorched vehicles, grinning as she flung a flag above her head.





Three slow seconds ticked away before the sexy brunette whipped down the starter flag and the couple sped off into the night. Cheers from friends were heard over the loud music as everyone scattered out of the way of the speeding dragsters.





And Buffy’s eyes were glued.





It wasn’t even a question anymore. She loved this place. She loved the racing and the crowd and the cars and the atmosphere- just the whole freaking thing!





And so she watched with excitement the race between Anne and the girl’s boyfriend. She watched as they pulled five laps, and she watched as Gunn won the race. In a moment of glory he did a victory lap and Buffy smiled sympathetically at Annie’s form when the blonde got out of her car with a small pout on her lips.





“Tired of any of it yet?”





“Huh?!” Buffy turned around, surprised by Fred’s question. The tall girl was leaning into Wesley’s arms and smiling kindly as her boyfriend had a similarly contented expression on his face.





“Tired. Are you? Of this, I mean. The racing and the loud music and all the cars?”





Buffy shook her head. “No, actually. I’m sort of loving this place.” She smiled shyly and looked down a little. It seemed like Fred was expecting a different answer from the way she’d asked the question.





But when the Texan girl smiled brightly and looped an arm with Buffy, the blonde knew that she was pleased with what the truthful answer had been.





“Good!” Fred congratulated. “If you didn’t like this place, well then that would mean Spike wouldn’t bring you around here anymore and I think you’re sweet, and you like dancin so it’s great that you’re havin fun!”





Miss Southern Belle here had a charm about her that just made people feel welcome, Buffy realized. And she continued to enjoy the conversation with the person she considered a new friend.





Whad’ya say we go on and dance some more, huh?”


“Okay. Sounds good!” Buffy nodded and let Fred lead the way. She was sure Wesley would tell Spike where she was once the peroxide blonde returned from the bathroom. Apparently Gunn and a few other guys had gotten a few porta-potties and set them up here to stay year round.





Buffy didn’t bother asking who had to clean those things.





***





As Spike approached the place he’d last been with Buffy, his attention was drawn away from his wondering thoughts as to where she had gone, and focused on the people standing in front of him.





Everyone except Oz and Fred stood before his eyes.





To be honest, the Pratt boy had almost completely forgotten about the bet he’d made what seemed like ages ago.





“Shite, can’t believe that slipped my mind.” Actually he could believe it. His whole brain seemed to be running wildly on thoughts of just Buffy lately; well her and his job, along with the whole Joyce proble- Ah ah. No. Nope. Not going to think about that.





Spike shook his head. Gunn was talking about payment, Cordy was digging in her back pocket for the cash she’d brought with to pay up, and Faith was begrudgingly stuffing her debts into the waiting hands of Wesley, Spike, and Anne. All three had won this little game, as well as a certain Texan girl, but Wesley was going to give his girlfriend her share later on when he caught up to her.





All stood there with money warming their palms, except for John of course, he was just an uninformed observer, one who was quickly getting clued-up though thanks to Cordelia.





And although he had won, Spike didn’t much actually…care at the moment. The thought of the bet seemed a little wrong now that he cared this much about Buffy. He hadn’t done it to humiliate her, and he certainly hadn’t been using her. The bet was just something that had happened and ended up earning him some dosh.





But a niggling feeling in the back of his head told him not to let Buffy find out about this. It would sound and look anything BUT good to the girl.





“So did ya sleep with her?”





Spike’s head whipped toward the man’s voice. “Excuse me?” He asked John, a bit irate.





“Well, like Cordy here said, a little innocent sweetheart. She musta been a virgin then when you met her right. Is she still?”


Spike’s now incensed eyes landed on Cordelia who shook her head quickly and a little panicky. “Hey, it’s got nothing to do with what I just said. I just told him the sweet and innocent part!”





The Brit’s nostrils flared as he directed his gaze back to John. “Well mate…” Oh if voice tones could kill. “that is none of your bloody business.”





“Oh c’mon! It’s just us here, man. I mean, you made money off the girl so you can’t care too much about her, right? Just give us some details.”





Spike’s threatening move forward was cut short due to Gunn budging in between the two men.


John’s expression stood smug while Spike’s was dangerous, and everyone else’s uneasy.





Things had just turned real risky, real fast.





***





From a little distance away, Buffy’s face held a betrayed frown while her ears tried to forget what they’d heard.





Made money off of?
End Notes:
So whadya think?? I haven't been getting a lot of reviews so I wonder if people are still reading this?
please let me know *kisses*
(BTW the Faith and Fred argument part i thought was funny and cute but tell me if you liked it or not (: ) oh and yes that word IS supposed to be "cream".
Chapter 31 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I know it's been a while. Here is #31, i hope you guys enjoy! :)
The voices echoed in the distance, and even though she couldn’t see anybody, she could hear clearly enough.

Buffy was still confused, more because something like this wasn’t expected rather than she wasn’t sure what they were talking about.

She was very sure of what they were discussing, and every word only seemed to piss her off more.

As much as she hated it and as much as she wished she could be wrong, or there was some mistake, she kept listening with saddened rage.

“Whoa, whoa- cool it okay, man.” Buffy recognized Gunn’s voice.

“I’m bloody well not gonna ‘cool it’, this blighter needs t-”

“Go ahead, let him through, Gunn. He won’t do anything.” John’s self assured tone filtered through to Buffy’s ears.

There was a beat.

“Yeh. Hands off, mate.” And she could have sworn she just heard Spike’s nostrils flare. “I’ll… behave.” Buffy knew by his voice that he was reigning himself in, trying to stub his anger.

“Well don’t be insulted if I say I don’t exactly trust you at the moment.”

“I don’t know why you’re so bent out a shape about this ‘girlfriend’ of yours anyway, Spike.” John spoke again. “You got paid to take her out so I was just curious as to whether or not she was worth it.”

A familiar growl was heard, followed by yelling from Faith. “Spike- Enough!”

If Buffy’s eyes could see the scene she was honing in on like a radio broadcast, she’d witness Faith shoving Spike away from a now grinning John.

“Faith.” The Brit’s voice was strained. “Get out of m’way.”
“Oh no, bleach boy. I let you by and you do something stupid.”
“Remind me again why he listens to you better than me?” Gunn asked.
“Because I’m a chick and he won’t hit me. You on the other hand…”
“Faith, I have no problem picking you up and tossin your arse out of the way so do yourself a favor and MOVE.”
“Oh please, Spike.” Cordy’s voice chimed in.
“Bud out of this Cordelia.” Spike’s angry tone overthrew her comment.

“Look buddy, you’re not being fair.” John’s voice could be heard once again. “You’ve already had your turn with blondie and I’m just tryna find out whether or not she’s worth a go. No reason to get all territorial.”

Cries from everybody were heard, before Wesley’s voice finally broke through. He seemed to be two seconds away from snapping. “Damn it will you pull yourself together?!”

“Really Spike, control your temper.”
“Shut the fuck up, John! You’re talking about his girlfriend!” Faith finally barked at the only amused party involved.
“Doesn’t mean she’s off limits.”

“I’m going to- Get the hell off me, Gunn!”
“I will when common sense returns to your brain!”

John chuckled, succeeding in sending his opponent’s blood boiling. “How DID you ever get into Buffy’s pants? You’re gonna need to give me some pointers.”

“You’ll never touch her, you little prick!” The menacing growl with which the statement was said startled Buffy.

At least she knew Spike still cared about her. Well, she hoped.

“Ooh, she musta been good for you to not want to share.”

“That’s it!” And the sound of a slap echoed through the area, followed by Cordelia’s enraged voice. “I don’t know WHY you are such a douchebag, or even WHY Gunn brought you here tonight- but it is time for you to leave. If not so you can avoid getting an ass kicking from Spike, then at least so I don’t have to look at your face any longer!"

“Hey, hey- I’m just playin around here!” He unsuccessfully tried to laugh it off. “Why’s everyone so uptight-”

“I believe Cordelia’s right.” Wesley interrupted. “You’re not welcome here, John. And you can leave peacefully, or… we can let Spike go.”

Buffy’s curiosity got the best of her and she poked her head out from behind the porta-potty she was using as a wall. The girl’s eyes bugged slightly when she saw her boyfriend being held captive by both Gunn and Wesley. His arms were seized behind his back by Gunn while the other man stood in front of Spike blocking his path as the angry male gave up on struggling.

And by the look on John’s face, Buffy could tell he hadn’t considered the possibility that Spike might actually being ALLOWED to attack.

The antagonist fled rather quickly, without a goodbye, and Spike finally pushed himself free of restraint.

“What the fuck was that about?!”
“We couldn’t just let you beat the idiot to a pulp!” Cordy yelled.
“Why the bleeding hell not?!”

“Because he could’ve called the cops on our little hideaway here, Spike. And m’not gonna risk that just cuz you wanna pulverize the moron!” Gunn admonished.

“Then why’d you bring the pillock to the circle in the sodding first place?!”

“He seemed like a nice enough dude, alright! Didn’t know he was such an ass, I met him at my dad’s auto shop. He said he raced, we got to talking and I invited him by.”

Spike turned around to face Anne. His lips were pursed so tightly Buffy wasn’t sure if he was biting them or not. “Do me a favor, Annie. Don’ let Charlie-boy here make any new friends on his own less you approve em first, yeah?” An eyebrow was raised with the question.

“I’m actually thinkin that might not be the worst plan.” The blonde uncrossed her arms to set her hands on her hips, and glared slightly at the black man whose eyes were looking anywhere but at her.

Spike took a very, very deep breath. Cracked his neck and then finally unclenched his jaw. When he rolled his shoulder’s Fred’s voice floated through the air.
“Hey guys!” The female trotted up to her friends. “Any a you- Whoa wait a minute, what happened?” The girl could virtually feel the tension it rested so thickly among the group.

Wesley wrapped an arm around her waist. “We had some trouble, I’ll tell you about it later. Nothing too surprising actually.”

She shrugged. “Well okay. But you’re tellin me everything later.” Wes nodded. “Anyways, anybody seen Buffy around? She said she was going to the bathroom but she hasn’t come back yet.”

The eavesdropper ducked her head back around the edge of the porta-potty.

Spike frowned at Winifred’s report. “What do you mean? Where is she?”
“I don’t know. We we’re dancing and then she left to use the restroom but never came back.”
“How long has she been gone?” He asked, already a bit worried.
“A little over half an hour I think. The lines by the bathrooms aren’t long- I don’t know where she could’ve gone. I’ve looked just about everywhere.”

Spike took the few steps needed to be right in front of Fred’s form. “Well where the hell could she have gone- Did you check by my car?”

“Yeah. None of you have seen her?” Now Fred looked a little alarmed.
Spike’s nostrils flared and he stormed off in search of the missing blonde.

***

An hour later, but what felt like four, Spike had gone stir crazy.

He’d checked everywhere. Literally everywhere. The DJ stand, his car, his friends cars, he asked around seeing if anyone had spotted her, he already called her phone so many times he lost count. He pounded on all of the porta-potty doors (which scared the shit out of a few people, no pun intended), he even looked in the TRUNK of his car.

He was actually on his way to start breaking into every other trunk on the premises because he was getting desperate.

Where was Buffy?

She wasn’t pulling the flag down for the next race, she wasn’t dancing, she wasn’t leaning against the hood of a car drinking, and she wasn’t in his fucking arms! She was gone and Spike was both ridiculously pissed right along with sickeningly frightened.

The rest of his friends were all looking for the Summers woman, too. Annie had even taken her car out to search the surrounding area.

Scratch the trunk plan. Spike was going to go out and do that, too. Right now.

He needed to find her.
If anything happened to her…

The man ran to his Desoto.

***

Okay so maybe walking home alone at night wasn’t the best plan she’d ever had.

Buffy stepped over yet another big rock and readjusted her bag that hung over her shoulder.

It was dark, but thank god for cell phones. She was using it as a flashlight whilst ignoring Spike’s calls.

Yeah, she knew he must be worried. Probably was tearing his hair out right about now.

She was a bit of a bitch for leaving like that, but she wasn’t trying to be, she really wasn’t! She just couldn’t face him after hearing what she had.

The girl was mad but then another part of her felt like she should just talk to him.

Spike hadn’t acted like some jerk who’d used her for cash, he hadn’t EVER acted that way actually; and the way he freaked when John was talking about screwing her indicated he cared about her.

But she just wasn’t ready to TALK to him yet.
And she needed to clear her head a bit.

Was this whole bet that he’d apparently had the reason he’d been an ass earlier? Because if that was true then he had been so out of line it wasn’t even funny. And HE needed to talk to HER, she shouldn’t have to go to him and ask “Hey, wanna tell me about this little bet that you’d apparently had concerning me? One where you earned a bunch of cash for…”

Buffy stopped walking.

What HAD the bet been for? Dating her? Meeting her? Just TALKING to her?

No that didn’t make sense- What had it taken for Spike to “make money off of” her?

Buffy started walking again, this time faster and with confusion pulsing throughout her entire body.

Ever since that fight not too long ago, where she’d believed he was still hung up on Drusilla, Buffy realized that she couldn’t go assuming things. And Spike she was sure already knew about the danger of assumption.

But this BET, at least that’s what she’d gathered it was from everything she had heard back at the circle, was a whole other story. She KNEW Spike had made money from his friends because he’d done something that somehow included HER and-

Wait.

Her grip tightened around the handle of her duffle bag, squeezing it fiercely and not realizing marks were embedding themselves into her palm. She shook her head and found herself repeating the same word over and over again out loud.

She’d guessed at something before and she had almost screwed everything up with Spike, she couldn’t take another chance like that, she couldn’t!

But what else would a teenage guy like Spike, one who was used to screwing and leaving every girl in his life, bet on when it came to a chick? He’d said that the only woman he’d ever really cared about in the past had been Drusilla and after her he’d done nothing but…

Buffy instinctively swallowed hard to push back the tears that were abruptly gathering behind her eyes.

No. Not him. Not to her. He wouldn’t, couldn’t of- He-

What about Angel and Riley and everything that had happened between her and Spike- There HAD to be a mistake. He did love her and care about her, no one was that good of an actor. Their feelings for each other, from the beginning, had been true and powerful. There was no fake with them, they always laid everything out on the table.

Unless he hadn’t known he would feel the way he did now at the start of it all…

Buffy stopped and looked at the sky. Then she brought her head back to the path she’d been walking. The darkness in front of her seemed long and thick, like a wool blanket someone had pulled over her eyes. Similar to how she suddenly felt. The whole thing had been a game to him?

He’d started this all out just to make money off of her? Had the bet originally been to fuck her and leave her, but somehow he’d fallen for her? Had this entire thing started off as a joke?

Car lights abruptly shot through the night and before her feet she noticed the white shine. Hearing a loud engine and turning around she spotted a familiar vehicle, and strangely, she was grateful to be in the person’s company.

Annie pulled up to Buffy with the passenger window rolled down, her face was relieved but also held an overlay that said annoyingly confused.

Buffy didn’t feel guilty at the look, and she wasn’t feeling wrath towards the woman that now peered on at her from inside the car either.

For a minute Annie just sat there and stared at the tired petite form of her friend’s girlfriend. Miss Buffy wasn’t angry looking nor was she crying, but she had a strange air about her that made the other woman take pause.

Finally Anne made a gesture with her head and leaned forward to open the passenger door. “Hop in.”

Buffy didn’t object.

They started driving. “So, ya wanna tell me why you decided to leave all by yourself in the middle of the night and walk five miles to the highway. I mean were you planning on hitchhiking?”

Buffy smiled a little at the tone she used. Annie wasn’t even berating her for the obviously stupid decision.
“Okay so maybe I shoulda thought twice about that one…”

“Mighta been a good idea. It’s not like you couldn’t have gotten a ride though, I mean you’ve got the giant duffle bag, the cute little outfit and heels. Some psycho rapist guy was sure to pick you up in a red hot second!”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I wasn’t going to hitchhike. I hadn’t really thought that far, actually.”

“Where’d you get the bag anyway?”
“I grabbed it from Spike’s car.”
“It is yours righ-”
“Yes, it’s mine. He was dropping me off at a friend’s house after the circle or whatever you guys call it, and I’m spending the night over there. This has my stuff in it.”

“Ah. I see.”

A minute passed with silence, and the moment of truth finally edged its way to the forefront of conversation.

“So… what did Spike do to get you so pissed that you left like that? Last I saw him he was running around setting himself up for a heart attack searching for you.”

“Let him.”

Anne, to be truthful, was a little taken back by the girl’s reply. It sounded so… cold. “Well uh, don’t you think you should like call him and at least let him know you’re okay? I’ve never seen him so worried before.”

Buffy frowned and faced the driver. “Were you looking for me? Is that why you were out driving around just now?”

She nodded.

Buffy rolled her eyes slightly and shook her head sadly. “F’course. He would get you to do that. Hey, wait- you are not driving me back there.”

“Well I was actually going to drive to the highway and see if by the time we got there I could’ve talked you into going back with me, but uh… that’s not gonna happen is it?”

Buffy shook her head in the negative and Annie sighed.
“Okay. Tell me how to get to your friend’s place.”

“You don’t have to take me all the way out there. It’s like a thirty to forty minute drive, I don’t want you going to all that trouble-”
“Are you kidding? No way am I just dumping you out here by yourself.”

“I can call a cab.”
“No. I’ll drive you. Now give me directions before I turn this car around and toss your ass at Spike’s feet.”

The Summers girl smiled at that. “Thank you, Anne.”

“Annie. And you’re welcome. Now, directions.”

***

Twenty minutes went by and the two blondes hadn’t talked anymore of Spike or what happened to make the Summers girl flee.

Annie was internally cringing at how much time that had passed where she could have informed Spike of his girlfriend’s whereabouts. And the two phone calls Buffy received and ignored didn’t exactly help Annie’s conscience.

The teenager’s cell rang just then, and as soon as Buffy got done groaning, removing the battery, and tossing the phone parts into her bag, Annie couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“Okay, you HAVE to call him.”

The girl let out a “pfft” in reply.

“CALL HIM. He was freaked out enough when I left to look for you. He’s gotta be climbing the walls by now.”

Silence.

“If you don’t then I will.”
“How long have you been waiting ta use that line?” Buffy muttered beneath her breath.

“Probly not as long as Spike’s been worrying over where you are.”

A beat.

“Why are you even mad at him? What’d he do?”

“I don’t feel like talking about it.” She really, really did NOT want to bring this up with Annie. The uncomfy factor of discussing this whole thing with someone who’d been a participant (asides from Spike) would be dreadful and wiggy.

The driver sighed. “Okay fine. It’s not my business, but he DOES deserve to know where you are. You do not want that man looking for you forever- believe me, he’ll find you. Someway, somehow.”

Oh Buffy could see that.

“Please call him.”

“We’re almost to my friend’s house and- turn here.” Annie swerved the car. “And I can’t talk to him right now, alright. If you’re that concerned then you let him know I’m alive. Maybe you can make some MORE money by withholding information on where I am until he coughs up the cash.”

Annie’s eyes bugged as she redirected her gaze to the road in front of her. She knew exactly what was bothering the teenager now and swallowed hard. “How’d you find out?”

“Ears. They’re useful little suckers.”

Well now how the hell was she supposed to approach this. “Y- You overheard-”

“Spike collecting his winnings? Yeah.”

Another beat.

“I’m sorry.”

“Is that an opening for me to hear about all the little details of Spike’s scheme?”
“Buffy, it wasn’t like that.”
“So it wasn’t a bet?”

“No it was but he- Spike… ugh. Look you should really talk to him, okay? It’s not what you think. I- He- We didn’t-”
“Pull over.”
“What?”

“We’re here. The red house.” Buffy pointed.

“Oh- Oh, sorry.” She pulled up in front of a small bungalow and turned to Buffy just as the other blonde was exiting the car. The girl was tired, and wasn’t in the mood for anymore discussion, Anne could see that. It didn’t even feel right to try and explain everything about the bet that had been made on Buffy’s name. All she could say wouldn’t be enough right now.

She sighed. “Buffy, please call Spike okay. I really think you need to like, actually TALK to him.”

The girl waited a moment before replying. “I will.” She shut the passenger door

“H- He’s crazy about you.” Anne called out the window and smiled slightly when her listener turned back around. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him act this way about a girl before.”
Buffy nodded acceptingly. “Thank you for the ride. I really appreciate it.”

The driver nodded too. “Anytime Buffy.”

Annie then watched as Buffy went around the back of the house before driving away.

***

By the time she was off the block she’d already grabbed her phone and dialed Spike’s number.

He answered immediately. “Did you find her?”

“Yes and she’s fine don’t worry.” She responded to his almost desperate sounding voice.

“Thank god, where the fuck was she?!”

From worry to wrath in 2.5 seconds, Annie wasn’t surprised. “Walking home.”
“Walking- Are you bloody joking with me?!”

“Nope. I found her, walking home, alone, using her cell phone as a flashlight.”
She heard a growl on the other line. “Why-”

“You wanna know why? Because she overheard everyone talking about the bet, Spike.”

There was silence.

“She knows that somehow you made money off of her, but she doesn’t know the details. However, I’m pretty sure she’s assuming the worst.”
“Bloody hell.” He cursed under his breath.

“Given I don’t blame her. I’d probly be thinking the exact same thing as she is right now.”
“Put her on.”
“I can’t. She’s not here.”
“What do you mean she’s not THERE? You didn’t pick her up?!”

“Of course I picked her up moron! But then I drove her to her friend’s house. I’m coming back from Moon Stream now; quaint little town you’ve got here by the way, Spikey.”

“Why the hell didn’t you call me?!”
“She didn’t want to talk to you.”
“ANNIE!”

“Will you stop SHOUTING! I told her to call you and that this whole thing wasn’t what she thought it was, okay. I’m pretty sure she’s going to talk to you but definitely not tonight, she looked exhausted Spike.”

“I’m calling her cell phone again.”
“You won’t get her. She took out the battery.”
“Fuck! You couldn’t ‘ve stopped her?!”

“I had no right, Spike! Look I think it’d be best to try talking to her tomorrow. She was not havin it tonight.”

“What do you mean, ‘not havin it?’”

“I mean she was tired, she had to drive half an hour with someone who she knows was involved with this whole thing, and she probably feels betrayed if she’s thinkin what I’m guessin she’s thinkin. Leave her alone tonight. If you want maybe send her a text to let her know that you wanna explain yourself and she’ll see it in the morning.”

“… Bugger that. I know where her friend lives, I’ll just-”
“Are you KIDDING me?! God, why are you so, SO impatient?! Give her tonight to be alone, don’t scare her away, idiot!”

She heard a pained sigh from the other end of the line. “I need to talk to her, Annie.”

“And you will. Once she’s gotten some sleep alright? Let the poor girl clear her head.”

“How do you know she won’t have-”
“Won’t have what?” The woman interrupted. “Won’t have decided she hates you and miraculously stop loving you all in one night? Get a grip ‘mate’, she’ll be mad but once you guys talk I’m sure everything will work out. I am a girl remember? I kinda know some stuff about the female brain.”

He scoffed. “Yeh. You birds are all crazy.”
“Because we have to deal with your kind.”
“My kind?”
“Men. You drive us nuts, trust me. You’re all nags.”
“I’m a nag?! Are you-”
“Okay look Spike, I gotta go. I don’t want to argue with you right now. Are you still at the circle?”

He sighed. “No. I went out searching for Buffy.”
She rolled her eyes. “Okay, should I tell everyone that you’ll see em later once I drive back there or are you heading back too?”
“No. Tell em I said I’ll see em later.”
“Alright.”
“Thanks Annie.”
“Sure.”
“… You sure she was okay? I mean physically- No bruises, nothin?”

Annie smiled. “She was fine, Spike. Breathing and everything.”

He relaxed. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now get home and get some sleep. Things will be better in the morning.”
End Notes:
So all the reviews i got last chapter are MUCH appreciated and i love all the people reading this story! Please continue to leave reviews!! :)
Chapter 32 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
I know I don't respond to all of your guys' reviews, but every single one of them is important to me and gets me writing! I really hope you all continue to enjoy this story, here's chapter 32- It's a long one!
She approached Willow’s back door, secretly hoping beyond hope that maybe her best friend wouldn’t notice there was something off. Buffy wasn’t crying or wearing a huge sign that said “My boyfriend’s a lying jerkface, ask me how!”, but Willow had this thing about her. She could almost always tell when something was wrong, usually by listening to another person’s voice.

The Summers girl knocked on her friend’s screen door. Willow’s bedroom led right out onto a patio so Buffy didn’t have to worry about going to the front.

A couple seconds later and she caught sight of the long hair that belonged to her friend, she only saw a wisp of it but she knew it was Willow’s.

Suddenly the girl heard muffled voices.

Who’s she talking to?
Buffy stepped closer to the glass and listened harder. It sounded like another woman.

The blonde frowned and decided to try the door. She gently pulled on the handle and walked inside.

She set her duffle bag down on the floor. The sound of female chatter got louder and she heard giggling. She’d thought Willow’s mom was out of town-
“Tara! Stop that!”

Buffy sighed and mentally rolled her eyes at herself. She’d been getting all suspicious over nothing.

She ran a hand through her hair. Well at least now if Willow caught onto her bad mood Tara would make sure the girl didn’t press on the issue. She was always good about things like that, Tara. She kept Willow from pushing against boundaries the redhead sometimes didn’t even know were there.

“Hey guys, I’m here!”
Silence took over and Buffy’s eyebrows met. “You realize I heard you two right?”

No answer. Just the quiet sound of scurrying.

Buffy left Willow’s bedroom. “Aren’t we a little old to be playing hide and seek?” She laughed as she approached the kitchen.

“Tara are you sleeping over too? Wills didn’t say anything but if you are then that means we can pull off the whole slumber party deal.” Her heels clomped on tile as she walked through the doorway to the living room.

“Ya know- trashy magazines, junk food, movies, and a whoooole lot of Ben & Jerry’s…” The blonde’s sentence tapered off when she saw the image before her.

Willow’s living room had never looked more R rated.

Tara stood awkwardly with a sheet wrapped around her– obviously nude –form, beside the couch where Willow was in nothing but a bra and blanket, holding up what the Summers girl presumed were Tara’s underwear.

The scene had Buffy’s eyes widening and her heart stopping.

“Buffy…” Willow started.
“We were just- W-We-…” Tara stammered.
They shared a glance.

Willow’s face held scared anxiety while Tara’s portrayed worried finality.

The redhead’s voice softened with her next words. “We.. We didn’t want to tell you this way.”

And all of Buffy’s suspicions were confirmed just as quickly as they had appeared.

She gulped, and had absolutely no idea how to respond to this startling development. “Uh… I- I am so so sorry. I didn’t mean to walk in on-”

“No, Buffy it’s not your fault. I- I forgot you were coming over.” Willow stood with the blanket wrapped around her waist. She was internally freaking over how her friend was about to react, and she felt worried for her girlfriend too. “Tara just-”

“No, ya know what, I- I should have knocked. Or, yeah, no I mean- I just… I didn’t know and. and. I um, I came in when I heard you two talking. I- I just thought you wouldn’t mind an- I should have knocked.”

“Buffy… Please, let us talk to you.” Willow asked.

“Oh. Su-sure. I’ll um- I’ll just sit. Or no, should I stand? I’ll stand.”

“Buffy, calm down sweetie, you’re babbling.” Tara soothed.

“No- No I’m not. It’s um, obvious what’s going on.. and it’s cool! I’m okay, really. Just a little shocked is.. all… I- Wh- When… When did this happen?”

Tara and Willow moved closer to each other before finally clasping hands. “We um… We’ve been together now for a little over six months.” The redhead spoke.

Buffy’s eyes bugged again. “Si- Six months? As in MONTHS months? Cuz that, that’s a long time. An- And I had no, uh, idea.”

“You didn’t have an idea because we didn’t want anyone to know, you-…” Tara took a glance at Willow for strength. “You’re the first to find out.”

Buffy nodded, hard. “Oh. Okay so…” She leaned against the wall and suddenly felt that all the air had been taken from her. “So you two are um, a couple? Is tha- Am I, right?”

They both nodded before Tara answered with words. “Yes. We’re um… We’re in love, Buffy.”

“Oh wow.” And the Summers girl breathed out a lungful in need to calm herself. “That’s uh… Well I think that’s great!”

“Buffy we understand if you’re, ya know… surprised. We’re sorry we kept this from you for so long, it’s just we didn’t know how you’d react.” Willow said.

“I’m not reacting! I- I mean I am. reacting. just not in th- the way you thought.. I’d.. react. I- I’m…”

Really taking notice of her friends’ expressions then, the blonde bit her lip. Their faces seemed distressed and sadly accepting, and Buffy didn’t like that.

A minute passed, the quiet deafening.

“Wills… Willow. a- and Tara- Both of you… here.” Buffy regained her leg strength and stood straight, walking over to her friends.

The fact that the two girls in front of her were lovers didn’t upset Buffy, it didn’t anger her or make her feel grossed out. She was simply shocked; from the way she’d found out, along with the concept of it all. But with a little inner rambling followed by a strong self mental alignment of her thoughts, Buffy realized she needed to stop wigging and act mature.

She captured Tara’s left hand in her right one, along with Willow’s right in her left palm. They all stood with their hands entwined, two girls wearing faces of concern and worry, the third one wearing one of assuredness and affection.

“If you guys are happy together, then I think it’s wonderful.” She smiled.

Their features melted into matching looks of relief. Tara relaxed and grinned too, while Willow promptly engulfed Buffy in a hug.

The Summers lady returned the embrace, never letting go of Tara’s hand and smiling over Willow’s shoulder at her.

“Thank you for not wigging too much!”
Buffy laughed. “Oh I think there was much wigging. I was a babbling idiot too minutes ago.”
Willow pulled away. “Only a little bit.”

Buffy smiled kindly again. “So…” She looked at both of the girls. “This why you two never went out on group dates with me in the past when I’d try and set us all up with boys?”

The couple looked guiltily at each other before Tara mumbled. “Maybe.”

Buffy laughed. “Well hey! At least I know now!”

Willow suddenly stopped grinning and frowned slightly. “Oh Buffy, please don’t say anything to anybody! We- We’re not ready to, ya know, tell people yet.”

“My lips are sealed.” The girls relaxed. “But… are you sure? I mean, it’s not like anyone’ll be upset or anything. I don’t think either of your parents are gonna be weird, and the faster you guys get everything out in the open the better you’re both going to feel.”

The two teenagers exchanged a glance before Willow replied. “We know… You’re right, Buffy. It’s just, we’re not quite ready for all the questions yet an- and.. We’ll do it. soon. Just not right now.”

The blonde nodded. “Okay. It’s your decision. But keep in mind that when Xander finds out, the only thing he’s gonna be doing is conjuring up naughty scenarios in his head of a foursome with you two and Anya.”

Tara frowned and Willow rolled her eyes. “That’s not helping.”
Buffy shrugged and cringed a little. “Sorry.”

***

The rest of the evening went on uneventfully, mostly with junk food and movies. Stories of past excuses and lies that were told in order to cover up Tara and Willow’s relationship were revealed, leaving Buffy a giggling indignant mess.

So many times they’d pulled the wool over her eyes and she had never ONCE caught on. The girl was thoroughly astounded and quite insulted.

Apparently the mutual attraction between the two beauties had grown gradually and subtly, with a strong love and bond forming over time.

The whole night helped to keep Buffy’s mind off of her own relationship, and she smiled a lot- something she didn’t think was going to happen much that evening after the whole Spike issue.

Of course an inquiry about her sexy outfit along with general questions about her boyfriend and the date had been asked, but after Buffy gave some blurry explanations and yet acceptable ones, the girls had backed off. She hadn’t brought up the fight and it was easy to get them to focus on something other than Spike, considering their lesbian love affair had just been exposed.

The sleepover was a success, and no one mentioned what Buffy had walked in on when she first arrived at Willow’s house…

The Summers girl never put her cell phone back together, mind blissfully rid of all worries for night.

***

Spike headed home after Annie’s call. He was still internally fuming over the fact that she hadn’t phoned when Buffy was in the car so he could talk to her. He needed to make her understand.

He wasn’t sure how he’d explain himself, only that he really needed to, needed to tell her the truth. He had to clarify everything, and god he hoped she trusted him. His story wasn’t exactly the most believable of sorts, not when there were much worse ones that made better sense.

The Brit drove down her friend’s block a few times, passing the little house he knew belonged to the Willow chit. He wanted to go and see Buffy with every fiber of his being but he couldn’t. That would not only cause a scene, but it would embarrass her in front of her friend and probably piss the girl right off.

If he fucked things up more than they already were he would just have more shit to deal with. He couldn’t put more pressure on her tonight, all he could do was text her and hope she got good sleep.

Spike had stopped the car and double parked it on his fourth pass. He took out his phone and sent Buffy a message telling her to please call him so he could explain everything. He didn’t know exactly how to word it so even after it was sent he still mentally reworked the thing over and over again in his head.

He looked at the house once more, almost shouting out a “Hey!” when the lights went on inside.

The drapes were thin, and Spike saw three forms through them. But all he could really tell was that they all had long hair, so he wasn’t sure which one-

Wait.

A curtain was drawn, which made Spike involuntarily duck.

He peered out of his passenger side window and kept his head low. The person looking out of the glass seemed to be checking out the sky, and she was slender with long red hair. Spike recalled that Buffy had said Willow was a redhead, and the man thought the woman he saw now looked like one he’d spotted with Buffy at Greg’s a while back.

Yeah. His girl was in that house, and he couldn’t go and see her. She was so close.

The redhead never seemed to notice his car and closed the curtain again. Spike took it as his cue to leave. He quietly pulled off the block and drove home.

***

The man had despondently trudged up his walkway, into his house and up to his room. He tossed his coat on a nearby chair after entering and softly sat down on his bed. The room felt dark, and chilled.

He sat staring at his hands for a little bit, not really thinking at all. He was angry but couldn’t yell. He was frustrated but couldn’t do anything about it. He was disappointed and agitated and... He’d tried to make this a nice evening, he’d pushed his troubles with Joyce aside and had tried to relax for a while with his girlfriend, tried to make her happy, but something had just HAD to go wrong.

The emotional rollercoaster he’d been on today was catching up with him. From nervous to dejected to guilt to anger to shame and agitation to fucking joyful and then scared and then mad and guilty all over again.

He was bloody tired.

Spike tensed his jaw and angrily brushed at his eyes when a lone tear made its way down his cheek. He missed her. If he was upset the first person who’d come to mind and could soothe his aches would be Buffy. Given he’d only had her for a short while but he’d never had anyone mean this much to him. Never.

He ground his teeth before angrily tearing off his T-shirt, throwing it on the floor. He kicked off his shoes and stripped out of his jeans, lying down the next instant and turning his phone on high to make sure he’d hear it ring should she call.

He set the device down again and turned over on his side, shutting his eyes in bittersweet reprieve.



Spike abruptly spun back around and grabbed his cell. He called her.

*“Hi, you’ve reached Buffy. Leave a message at the very annoying little beepy sound you’re about to hear and I’ll give you a call back.”*
::BEEP::

“Buffy, it’s me again. I know you’ve already got a few messages from me, and a ton of bloody calls.. seeing as you just toddled off on your own without TELLIN ANYONE WHERE YOU WERE GOING- You bloody well scared the shite outta me there, ya know that!” He stopped and bit down on his urge to scream again, it wasn’t time for that. “I needed to leave a voicemail… Well, another voicemail…” He sighed. “Look I just need to talk to you alright. Annie filled me in on what was botherin you, said you heard ‘bout tha lil bet and I promise you it’s not what ya think, sweetheart. Please call me back. We gotta talk, both f’us knows what happens when wires get crossed…” Spike sighed again before finishing. “I love you, you know that, and... my phone’ll be on all night so just call me when you get up- or uh… when you get a chance. Sweet dreams, baby.” He finished the voicemail in a tone laced with involuntary endearment.

Spike closed the phone and lied down on his back, trying to swallow the desire he had to just go find his girlfriend and explain everything to her.

He looked at the clock on his wall, the minute hand steadily moving around in an agonizingly slow circle.

This was torture.

***

Buffy awoke to the sounds of giggling and frying pans clanging. She rubbed her head and groaned. Why did Willow and Tara decide it was a good idea to make breakfast so early in the-

The girl frowned and squeezed her eyes shut even tighter in confusion when her outstretched hand feeling around for her cell phone came in touch with nothing. Buffy sat up.

She squinted at the light coming from the bedroom’s glass doors. No cell phone.

Where did I… Oh right.

It came back to her in a rush. The whole of last night, and the recollection of where her phone was.

Buffy sighed and slammed her head back down into the pillow, deciding to try to rest awhile longer and ignore the day for as long as she could.

But then she remembered…

“Crap! My mom!”
If she called and couldn’t get a hold of Buffy, the teenager was so screwed!

The girl stumbled on the blankets she’d used as an impromptu bed last night and reached for her bag still on the floor. She quickly unzipped it and looked through the sack for her phone’s parts, moving her large purse she’d stuck in there out of the way.

Buffy came across the battery first, followed by the back of the cell, and then at last, the device itself. She dropped the battery while trying to put the thing back together, silently cursing sunshine so early in the day. Her eyes were not ready for this yet!

She turned her phone on and bit her lip while the thing woke itself up.

She was hit with a warning for several missed calls, two text messages, and voicemails.

Buffy speedily checked her latest calls list and breathed out a sigh of relief when her mom’s number didn’t show. All that popped up was Spike’s name.

Spike.

“Shit.” She said under her breath.

She wasn’t ready for that yet either. Buffy stood and took her cell with her as she walked to the bathroom, reading the text messages as she closed the door and leaned against it.

She sighed and let out a yawn. God she was tired. Sleeping hadn’t been big on the agenda last night.

The first text she read simply said “WHERE ARE YOU?!”
Yes, it was in caps.

The second message though must’ve been after Annie had talked to him or something because it was much calmer, just basically telling her to call him so he could explain himself.

Buffy set her cell down and got some Listerine out of the cabinet, remembering suddenly that she’d forgotten her toothbrush. She swished the bitter liquid around in her mouth for about a minute before spitting it out. Why did she have bad luck with dental hygiene? Seriously, first not having any toothpaste at her house that day she’d babysat the Anastasia obsessed children, and now this.

The woman rinsed with water and went to listen to her voicemails.

The first was shaky, but not completely panicked. “Buffy, Fred said she hasn’t seen you anywhere. I’m lookin for you but can’t- Wait. Wait I think I see you.” ::CLICK::

The second was much worse. “Buffy baby, where are you? C’mon you’re not pickin up. I’m goin barmy here, can’t find you. I‘ve looked everywhere. Please call me back, text me, something. Just lemme know that you’re okay, please sweetheart.” ::CLICK::

Buffy bit back her tears when she heard him. He sounded desperate. She felt guiltier than ever for leaving like that last night.

The third message though ruined her.

He was thoroughly undone.

“Buffy, where the bleedin hell are you?! I can’t find you, you’re not anywhere- Did you leave. God, but why would you leave an not tell me… Fuck, you better be okay. I swear if anythin’s happened to you-… Please for the love of God just call me. Please, baby. I’m gonna go out an look for you now, God f’you hear this but can’t call back or somethin I’m lookin for you a’right? I’ll come for you, look out for m’car. Annie’s already out so f’you see her she’ll pick you up jus- Fuck just be okay.” ::CLICK::

Buffy sat down on the closed toilet and bit her bottom lip, silent tears fought against her attempts to bite them back. How could she do that to him? He was so… God she was awful for leaving like she had. She should’ve just gathered up her strength and dealt with everything then and there. No matter how hard it was, she shouldn’t have made him so scared.

She released a shaky sigh as she played the final voicemail. It was made after she’d been dropped off at Willow’s. He was pissed, and she didn’t blame him. But then he mentioned the bet and said that it wasn’t what she thought, and then he said he loved her.

Buffy swallowed hard and couldn’t help a few more tears falling. She called Spike’s number right away before she could talk herself out of it, never noticing that it was 9am. If anything could be done in a quick phone call she could apologize and try to set a time to meet up with him later on, she just needed to hear his voice talking TO her, not through an old message. Especially not one that broke her heart.

“Buffy, s’that you?” The drowsy voice answered after a couple rings.
“Spike. Yeah, i-it’s me. I wanted to-”
“Bloody hell I’m so glad you called! Listen pet ‘bout everythin last night I-”

“Spike-”

“-know you heard about that soddin bet and it’s not what you think. Alright? It was made way before we ever got serious okay, it wasn’t even about sex or nothin-”

“Spike-”

He interrupted again, never hearing the girl and needing to get the truth out to her. “-I was s’posed to nab you as m’girlfriend, right? Since I told the gang ‘bout you an how you were real sheltered like, innocent an all, they didn’t think you’d be the least bit interested in a bloke like me. No matter how much I fancied you. The bet was for me to prove em wrong. Nothin more to it. And-”

“Spike!”
“… Yeh?”

“I only heard about, well, half of what you said. I called for two reasons okay. One, I’m sorry I left like that last night, and I’m sorry I didn’t let you know I was okay. I shouldn’t have done that.” Before he could respond she continued. “And two, I want to meet up with you later today so we can discuss all of this. I’m sure whatever the ‘bet’ was truly about will be… interesting, to say the least, and I wanna talk about it in person.”

There was silence on the other end of the line for a minute, before finally he spoke. “I’ll come pick you up. I wanna see you as soon as possible, ‘fore you’re good sense and mood disappear.”

She laughed lightly. “Give me an hour will you? I should probly head home first.”

“I’ll get you, drive you back there.”

“No, no. If mom sees she might think I stayed out all night or somethin, besides… I think a walk would do me good.”
“… Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. I’ll talk to you later Spike. Probably be home in about two hours max. I just got up so I need to like, ya know, WAKE up.”

He smiled, and she felt it through the phone. She swore she did. “I’ll see you later, lamb. Promise you this whole thing was blown outta proportion, s’not what you think, I-”

“Spike. Relax. I’m sure everything’ll be fine. I know… I know you love me. And I love you too.”

“... You have no idea how much I wanted to hear you say that.”

The amount of emotion on her chest almost hurt her. She wanted to reassure him so much with her touch right then, and she suddenly realized that she’d never held more faith in a person than at this moment. “I’ll be home in an hour. See you soon.”

He released a breath that sounded relieved. “Til later, kitten.”

She hung up then, and smiled kindly at the phone in her hands. She did love him, way more than she could put into words.

The girl yawned and decided it was time to alert her friends to her awakened presence. She reached for the doorknob and pulled, breathing in the yummy smell of blueberry pancakes once the entryway was cleared.

Maybe early morning loudness was acceptable if it came attached to fluffy breakfast foods and decent sort-of-makeup-session phone calls with your boyfriend.

***

So she’d eaten, talked with the girls whilst they ate too, and did her makeup under fifteen minutes. Buffy was immensely happy she’d gotten a shower in last night because there was no time for that now. She wanted to get home and talk to Spike.

It was 9:30am when she got out of her pajamas and into real clothes. She slipped her bag over her shoulder and put her shoes on (not the sexy boots, mind you).

Buffy hugged her girlfriends, mentioning maybe getting together later on would be fun.

“Either today or tomorrow? Whadya guys say?”

“Sure thing, Buffy.” Tara offered kindly, her arm wrapped freely around Willow’s waist.

“That new place is opening up in town tomorrow, we could all go.” Willow said cheerfully.

“New place?” The Summers girl frowned.

“Oh yeah, I think it’s called The Bronze or something?” Tara said, looking at the redhead for confirmation.

“Yeah. It’s supposed to be like this clubby coffee place type thing. They serve alcohol but anyone’s allowed in. It’s sounds like fun!”

Buffy made a face. “Sounds a little strange but.. okay. I guess there’s no harm in checkin the place out.” And she smiled.

Plans for the next day were made, with Tara suggesting Spike come too and Willow promising to call Xander and Anya.

***

Buffy entered her house a short while later, sighing blissfully at the air conditioned enclosure and promptly running up the stairs to put her things away from the night before. She didn’t need her mom finding the sexy outfit or anything else, so her first move was to conceal the clues to her late night adventures.

The teen was nervous, but only because when she saw her boyfriend next it’d probably be a quick argument followed by much makeup goodness- hopefully. She was beginning to trust that the whole bet thing had truly been a misunderstanding the more and more she thought about it, but she could still be wrong, there was a chance. And it scared her.

She took a deep breath to calm herself.

Buffy went to the bathroom to splash some water on her face. She was already a little on edge and that combined with the fact that you could fry an egg on the pavement outside had her needing to cool off. She turned on the faucet and set a dry cloth on the sink before filling her cupped hands with water. The refreshing feel of the liquid was like an instant mental renew, and she reached for her towel.

Her eyes were still closed and she accidentally knocked it off the sink, hearing it hit the plastic bag that lined the garbage can. Buffy groaned and peeked out of one eye to spot another hand towel which she reached for and then used to dry her face. Putting it back first she knelt down to retrieve the other rag she’d dropped.

Buffy lifted the washcloth out of the little garbage can and went to stand back up, which she would’ve done had something not caught her attention.

The teenager frowned slightly and grabbed hold of a small white thing, staring at it hard as she rose once again, with a towel in her right hand and something that couldn’t be true in her left.

Buffy set the two things down on the toilet lid and then hurriedly ransacked the garbage, finally finding what she was looking for at the bottom of the can.

Two lines.

She checked the stick. Two lines.

“What the fuck?” She asked the air, her face bewildered, eyes dancing between the box and the tiny white mechanism.

Buffy stayed there for a full minute, just sitting, before finally the sound of the back door opening drew her attention back to the present.

The teenager shook her head, finally deciding what she was going to do and putting the two lined liar in her back pocket.

She was sure this had to be a mistake, it wouldn’t make sense otherwise.

It just wouldn’t, she would have had some warning if this were a possibility.

Buffy walked downstairs and into the kitchen, wobbling slightly on her feet. She saw her mother searching for something underneath the sink. “Mom?” Was all the girl said.

“Oh!” The woman shouted, her face turning to meet her daughter’s and her hand going to the place over her heart. “Buffy! Don’t scare me like that. I didn’t know you were even home.”

“Sorry. I didn’t know you were home either.”
“Well.” Her mom rolled her eyes. “You could’ve called me to tell me you were on your way back from Willow’s.”

Buffy shrugged. “Where’s Dawn?”

“She’s over at Cassie’s.” Buffy nodded in response. “H- how was your night, dear?”

The teen noticed the other woman’s voice was slightly shaky, her mom didn’t sound like herself. “Fine. How was yours?”

“Oh good, good. Dawn and I watched some movies together.”

Buffy nodded silently again.

“I was just um, taking the garbage out.” She pointed to the half empty trash can by the door. “But uh, I guess I should start with the bathroom first shouldn’t I? This one’s not even-”

“Are you dating?” Okay so she wasn’t going with the completely direct approach, not really anyway. But if Buffy knew her mom, even though this latest discovery showed that Joyce didn’t really want her eldest to know her, the teenager figured she had to have a solid guy around for… THIS to happen.

Her mother’s eyes bugged and Buffy thought they might actually come out of their sockets.

A silent minute passed, but it felt closer to an hour. Joyce’s expression changed bit by bit, from panicked to realization, and then to understanding, ending with acceptance.

“Spike told you.” It was a statement said with a sigh, and it had Buffy’s red flags waving.

“Spike… told me what, mom?”

Now Joyce looked a little confused. “About Drake.” She let out a large and pained exhale. “Look honey it’s not.. it’s not that I didn’t want to tell you. You have to believe me on that.”

“Be-… Believe you on WHAT, mom?”

“Buffy, I- I just wasn’t sure how… I didn’t want you to get hurt.” Her mother offered sadly.

“Get hurt?” She stepped forward. “What do you mean, ‘get hurt’?”

“Buffy-”

“No. Look. I- I have something to show you…” The girl took the used pregnancy test out of her back pocket by its handle, tossing it down on the counter for both of the Summers women to see.

Joyce seemed immediately shocked, her eyes suddenly taking on an appearance that held self depreciation inside them. She looked like she’d just exposed something, like she had just let loose a secret rather than hers had just been found out.

She looked lost, which had Buffy confused, and that made the girl angry. Her voice took on an accusing edge, and her eyes betrayed her emotions by watering. She was so damnably confused, and somehow everything happening involved her boyfriend, too.

She didn’t know what was going on and she hated it. “Either this is yours, or Dawn has gotten herself into a lot of trouble.”

Joyce closed her eyes and didn’t respond. Her mind was blank, she kept searching for suitable words that could be said but nothing would come to her frazzled mind.

“Tell me mom.” Buffy said. “Is Dawn the next Virgin Mary or is she just another ‘children having children’ case that’s gonna end us all up on some talk show?” Her tone wasn’t cruel, but it was accusing.

Joyce gave her a look and Buffy swallowed hard to push back her frustrated emotions. “Are you pregnant? I-Is this…” She looked her mother in the eyes, her own shining. “Is this test right?”

A beat.

“His name is Drake.”

That was all the answer Buffy needed. “I need to sit down.” And she approached a chair by the counter, letting her body fall into the seat.
“How long?” She asked in a hard voice.

“About a month and a half.”

“I-Is he the first guy you’ve been with- I- I mean, seen. Is he the first guy you’ve SEEN since dad?”

“Yes. I met him through the gallery.” Buffy nodded with false understanding, staring at her hands. “Sweetie, I didn’t tell you or Dawn because I wasn’t sure how you two would react. I didn’t want either of you getting-”

“Hurt. Yeah I got that.” She looked Joyce in the eyes, her expression pained. “Why couldn’t you just tell me… I- I mean, were you ever going to?”

“Yes, Buffy. In my own time, after I knew Drake and I were… After we were together for a while, then I was going to introduce him to both you and Dawn, I promise. Things just got… comfortable and-”

“And now you’re pregnant.” The words were whispered, Buffy’s mind still trying to wrap itself around that particular bit of information.

“No I’m not.”

The teen’s head whipped around. “What?”

“I’m not pregnant, Buffy.”

“S- So it… it was a false positive? But how do you know?”

“I THOUGHT I might be pregnant. I took that test earlier today and when it read positive I made an immediate appointment with the doctor. Her test said negative.”

“B- But I thought… Are you sure?”

Joyce sat down next to her daughter. “I’m sure. I had another one done after my doctor’s came back negative because false positives are VERY rare and I wanted to be sure, but both said the same thing. NOT pregnant.”

She swallowed again, looking back at the table surface. “Are you… okay, about that?”

Joyce laughed a little. “Oh yes dear. I’m very okay. I still have trouble taking care of you and Dawnie, I don’t need another baby.”

Buffy nodded. “Alright.” She was still hurt that her mom hadn’t told her about this ‘Drake’ guy, so even though she now knew that her mom wasn’t going to have another kid, she was still upset.”

Joyce saw her daughter was withdrawing now, she saw the pain in Buffy’s eyes and it cut deep. “How ‘bout I put on some hot cocoa?”

Buffy didn’t respond, her mind suddenly traveling back through the conversation. When her mom stood up she asked a question, halting the other woman. “Mom?”

“Yes, sweetie?” Joyce asked, her guilt attacking her from all ends it felt like. Her daughter’s face was like a canvas of hurt, something she’d been trying this whole time to avoid.

“Why’d you bring up Spike earlier?”
“Uh, um.. What do you mean?”
“When I asked you if you’d been dating. Remember?” Buffy looked at her.

“Oh. Right, uh…” The older woman looked down into her eldest’s eyes and saw suspicion there. She hated herself for slipping earlier, and had hoped Buffy would forget about Spike’s name ever being brought up at all in the conversation.

She should’ve known better.

“Mom? D- Did Spike…”

There was no fixing this now. Buffy’s face took on a look of pure betrayed bafflement as the girl quickly realized what was going on. “Did you tell Spike? Did Spike know a- about Drake?” Her voice rose as she abandoned her chair.

Joyce frowned sadly. She was to blame for this, and now Buffy would hate her for putting William in such a position, while also hating him too, for going along with it. He’d only been a poor bystander; this shouldn’t affect him or her daughter’s relationship with the boy.

“It-… It was an accident, Buffy. He was never supposed to find out but he saw a- and, I told him not to say anything to you.”

Buffy ‘s eyes filled immediately with rage, followed by water which she used all of her will to ignore. “What?”

“I- I... Sweetheart when he came over to talk to me yesterday Dr- Drake was here and Spike saw him, I knew he’d found out an-”

“S- So you told him to LIE to me?!” She backed away, needing distance from her mother.

“No! No sweetie, I jus-”
“Told him to hide it from me. What’s the difference mom?!”
“I- Buffy, you have to understand, it wasn’t the time. William just, he showed up at the wrong moment.”
“What, we’re you and 'Drake' goin at it on the living room floor?!”

“Buffy!” Joyce scolded, but all it earned from her daughter was a glare.

“How did Spike ‘find out’?” Her tone was barely controlled, and she hugged herself tightly.

“He showed up at the back door while Drake was over. William- SPIKE’S face said he’d figured it out then and there. I just couldn’t let him tell you Buffy! I asked him not to say anything because I didn’t want you getting hurt, I’m sorry!”

Buffy swallowed again. “So you asked my boyfriend to lie to me- Oh wait, no I’m sorry. You just didn’t want him ‘mentioning’ it.” She turned around, her arms crossed, mumbling something to herself out of anger.

“What did you just say?” Joyce asked, taken aback by what she thought just came out of Buffy’s mouth.

The blonde turned around, one lone tear escaping from the clutches she had clamped on her pain. “I said, you’re un-fucking-believable.”

Her mother’s eyes widened, her heart plummeting “Buffy-”

“You didn’t want me to get hurt, mom? Well…” She locked eyes with the other woman, her jaw clenched and her body rigid. “You did a real good job.” She spoke with hurt and sarcasm coating the declaration, her whole voice choked.

The girl stormed off, suddenly needing more air and just… to be gone.

Her mom called her name, she ignored it.

Joyce’s footsteps hurriedly sounded after her but she only moved faster, not hearing anything.

Buffy flung open her front door just as her mom grabbed her arm. “Buffy please don’t-”

She yanked herself free. “Back off mom!” She yelled.

The girl ran down her front steps and didn’t respond when her mother yelled to her in a panic asking where she was going.

She needed, God she needed space and a place to cry, she needed to be alone and think, and she needed-

Her anger seemed to scream when her heart and head automatically called out for Spike. She needed him but he was also the last thing she needed.

She was hurt and torn, and of course who happened to walk out of his house just then and spot her running down the block?

“Buffy!”

Her wet stare met his for a split second before she broke eye contact. She never slowed down, not for a moment.

He was running after her, she was sure, heard him calling her name again and heard his heavy stomps on the sidewalk.

This wasn’t going to be good.

He took her arm in his grasp, his icy blue eyes melting into immediate concern and fret when he stepped in front of her. “What happened? What’s the matter?” He asked urgently.

“What’s the matter?” She couldn’t and wouldn’t hold back her anger. Spike was going to get all of it. “How about the fact that you’ve been lying to me?!”

“What?” His face looked horrible right at that instant, all confusion and fear. She hated it.

And she hated that she hated it. “You knew! You knew this whole time about my mom and her secret little relationship and you didn’t tell me!”

His eyes widened. “Buffy-”

“No!” And she tore away from his impending hand. “Do you know what this means?! It means that not only did my mother not trust me enough, or CARE enough about me to tell me she was dating again-” She was screaming, and the tears were freely flowing. “but she actually felt that she had to hide this from me so badly that she asked my boyfriend to LIE TO ME!”

“I’m so sorry, love-”

“And you actually went along with it! You- You were able to lie to me about something like this- You…” Her yells died down then, and her voice betrayed nothing left but broken mistrust and a desire for everything she’d learned today to be false. “… that you could actually-…” She broke off and looked down.

He invaded her space, taking her face in his hands and pushing his forehead to hers. “Buffy, please- Listen to me, hear me out. I din’t want you to be hurt I-”

She tugged away and gaped at him, a new fire burning in her green eyes. “Why the FUCK does everyone want to stop me from ‘getting hurt’?! All they do’s make everything worse! And YOU- You of ALL people should have told me the truth, you should’ve said something to me, told my mom that you couldn’t LIE to me! You-”

“This had nothing to do with me! I couldn’t tell you, you woulda hated your mum for not sayin somethin herself-”

“And things just worked out SO much better this way?!” She mockingly yelled. “I find out about my mother’s secret boyfriend because she got sloppy and INSTEAD I also figure out that you helped her cover it up! God, I am so SICK AND TIRED of being coddled, you were supposed to stop that! You were going to-”

“I know! I know Buffy, and I’m sorry! I am so bloody sorry, but I couldn’t- I couldn’t stand the thought of you hurtin, and f’you hated your mum cuz a me I’d never forgive m’self! I-”

She rolled her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. “Well nothing worked out the way you’d planned, did it Spike?! Nothing went right. And now not only am I left with the knowledge that my mother hates me, but YOU- YOU can’t even- Fuck! I can’t trust you!” She was openly crying still, and it tore at them both.

“The hell you can’t! Listen to me Buffy! This is not-”

“No! I’m done. I- I need to be- alone. Don- DON’T follow me!” And she ran off, hating the sound of his calls in her ears.
End Notes:
I really hope you guys liked! (and I also hope I didn't make Buffy freak out too much over Willow and Tara, I was just taking it from a different perspective combined with the episode where Willow first told her and she wigged a little.:3 ) Reviews as always are appreciated! :) *begging face*
Chapter 33 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Here's 33! Enjoy :)
He followed her, of course. He ran after her as soon as the third call of her name died on his lips. She turned the corner of the block and he passed it even quicker when he reached it. She was still running, to where he wasn’t sure but he wasn’t about to just let her go, things had gone belly up.

He wouldn’t let her get away from talking about this- even IF the thing she needed right now was space.

She couldn’t just keep scampering off when she didn’t want to face something, it wasn’t fair.

Spike knew that she’d realized that. He knew she had from her phone call earlier about their last fight. Personally he was still pissed she’d just disappeared back at the circle, and he had yet to yell at her about it and get through to her exactly just how scared she’d made him. But she knew. She’d been wrong, and she said she was sorry for it earlier today. Spike knew Buffy had decided to stop avoiding what she didn’t necessarily like discussing, but just when she was about to take the step and deal with a problem and talk it over, Joyce had spilled something damaging.

To say he was angry at the oldest Summers woman would be the most unjust and ridiculous form of understating he’d ever heard. He wanted to throttle Joyce.

But all he could do was gather up the stones to talk to (and possibly yell at) her later, and try and catch her fucking fast as hell daughter!

When did the girl get marathon legs?!

He kept following her, his feet stomping the pavement with unforgiving strength. He didn’t pay attention to anything else around him. Not the stares from people, not those who got in his way, not the little kids playing jump rope…

“Bloody- Ahh!” Spike tumbled. His feet got twisted up in the glittery purple rope and he fell face first onto the sidewalk.

His head shot up immediately, looking after Buffy as she got further and further away from him. Spike scrambled out of the damned toy that had gotten in his path. When a lady, presumably the mother of the tots who’d been jumping around and giggling, came up to him asking if he was okay all he answered with was a gruff “Yeah I’m fine.” before starting off again.

“Buffy!” He yelled as he sped after her. He was getting low on endurance, but she just kept on going.

I really need to quit smoking.

Buffy was actually gasping breath too, though. She was fast, and unfortunately, so was he. Her feet didn’t feel like they were hitting the ground at all with the desperation pumping through every vein, but her lungs needed more air.

Her knees quivered in thankful reprieve as she came to a halt, the girl taking as many breaths as was possible. She’d thought full speed ahead was supposed to be a nautical term or something!

She looked into the shop she’d stopped in front of, wondering if maybe she could find an escape inside.

Buffy’s head whipped to her right when she heard him call her name again. Only a few people out and about in the area, and she didn’t see Spike but she knew which corner he was about to turn. The girl plowed into the busy coffee shop without lasting hesitance, and tried to weave her way through the crowd of people. Why was it that NO ONE was outside?

Oh yeah, because it’s like a freaking oven out there. No wonder I’m so thirsty. Buffy thought to herself.

She thanked God for air conditioning as she squeezed by bodies in the tight space, trying to get to the women’s bathroom.

She heard the little bell ding on the front door and dared a quick glance behind her to accidentally make eye contact with her boyfriend. “Shit!” Buffy swore but no one paid attention. She frantically uttered “excuse me” to the people in her way, almost screaming when they didn’t seem to pay attention to that either.

She heard Spike call to her again. God this wasn’t fair. None of it was fair! He’d lied, they’d fought, she couldn’t get away, he wouldn’t leave her alone, her head hurt- Nothing was just.

He pushed through the crowd, not bothering with apologies. He didn’t care about the scowls he received, all he wanted was to get to Buffy.

The girl slapped her palm against the bathroom door in panic when she reached it, and her other hand immediately went to the door handle. Her breathing erratic and yet the ability to even use oxygen seemingly leaving her, she grabbed the lever and sobbed in relief when it wasn’t locked.

She slipped into the washroom just as he got close.

Spike beat against the wood when the entryway shut in his face. “Buffy!” He rattled the doorknob, cursing when it wouldn’t turn.

The man groaned, rolling his eyes when he realized people were staring. Bloody lovely. Someone approached who’d obviously seen everything, but she also didn’t seem too curious about the display of lion VS zebra. She just stood near the door, a curious glance made at Spike as she seemingly waited for…

That’s when he realized. Single restroom.

Spike swallowed and quickly moved through the groups of people, abandoning cool air for sweltering heat as the front door was pushed open. He stopped and frantically looked for- There it was.

The boy ran ahead and turned the alley corner, counting down three separate businesses before he found the back door and two windows to the busy café he’d just exited.

His nostrils flared.

Spike spotted and pulled up a random milk crate to sit on, mentally patting himself on the back for not wearing the duster today. It was bloody fucking hot out, and seeing as he’d probably be here for a while waiting for Buffy, he didn’t think black leather would feel too comfortable.

She had to come out of that bathroom some time, and it would have to be soon if it was a single restroom. People would need in and she wouldn’t leave through the door if she thought he was still in the coffee shop. She’d search for a thousand other possible escapes before doing that, and just as Spike thought- There was a window in the back.

He looked on at the opening from where he was seated. It was large enough for her to crawl her little bum through alright, and she’d try it. He had no doubt.

***

It was raining now, she could hear it. The walls were solid and the crowd of customers inside the café walked with light steps, their voices muffled by the distance of a room. She’d been in her little hideaway for twenty minutes. Four people had knocked and disturbed the girl, but none of their voices matched the one whose she so desperately worried over hearing.

Her cries thankfully were not loud enough to be heard by those awaiting her departure. Once she’d entered the washroom she had only been able to swallow the tears for as long as it’d taken her to lock the door.

Her nose runny, her eyes surely bloodshot, and the tightness of her throat choking her like the betrayal she felt within. The cuts that bled from her mom’s deceit and supposedly thoughtful (but what felt selfish) consideration. The ache of her boyfriend’s sudden need to cosset her and conceal possibly painful information, when what she’d always expected of him was the exact opposite.

That’s what kept getting thrown in her face to the point where she just wanted to spit at the fact and say, “No! You can’t be true!”- Spike’s duplicity. Yes it’d only been a day, and maybe, just maybe he would have told her sooner or later- but there shouldn’t have been any question about it! He should’ve explained to her mother right off the bat that “No. I’m sorry Mrs. Summers, but I can’t keep this from Buffy. Either you tell her or I will.”

Yeah he’d just gotten off the hook for punching Angel, but didn’t he realize that this was one of those things that couldn’t wait? Her mom hadn’t trusted Buffy enough to include the girl in something in her life that every daughter should at least KNOW ABOUT, and instead of doing the smart thing Spike had gone along with the unfair deception. The deception that made Buffy feel like a naive child.

She rubbed her nose and flinched at the action, her skin was sensitive. She stood from her place on the cold tile, pressing her palm to her forehead. She walked over to the sink, an image of a pitiful and childish teenager standing before her. Buffy let her hair down, gently rubbing the smeared mascara lines from her cheeks and scowling a little. She was angry. Not only at her boyfriend and her mother, but at herself too. She knew what she was doing.

She was overreacting over something most girls her age probably wouldn’t even care about; or rather they’d “understand”, or they’d be happy and grateful over such… protectiveness from her loved ones. But Buffy wasn’t like that. Call her a brat, call her stupid and a drama queen- What Spike and her mom did HURT.

She felt like Joyce didn’t want her to be a part of this, like the woman felt burdened or mistrustful of Buffy’s presence and possible involvement. And Spike- SPIKE had betrayed her in more ways than just trying to shield her from crap. This wasn’t like she’d been physically threatened, or it was a “better left unsaid” deal; he’d deliberately kept something from her because he didn’t think she could “handle” it.

Buffy’s mouth twisted again as her eyes overflowed. Why couldn’t he just have told her, then she wouldn’t be questioning everything. Was she so weak and fragile that no one could allow her the respect of hearing the truth? Or was it that people preferred to just keep things from her rather than try explaining them to an ignorant little girl? Was she that much of a burden?

She took a deep breath and a couple of seconds later let it out slow and evenly, as one did when trying to grasp a sense of calm. Another knock sounded on the door followed by an impatient female voice.

“Just a- just a minute!” Buffy unsteadily called.

She needed to get out of there, without drawing attention to herself. She was sure Spike was still in the main part of the café and she was determined to stay out of his sight.

The teen looked around the bathroom and spotted a window overhead. It was high up but she could stand on the sink ledge and reach it. Buffy went to the door first before attempting her climb.

She very quietly and slowly turned the latch of the lock, listening hard for any signs of an awaiting party noticing her move. When nothing sounded and the door was now open for people to use once she was gone, Buffy went to the sink. She checked that the glass was dry so she wouldn’t slip, and rolled her eyes at her flips flops; not exactly climbing shoes.

The girl sniffled again and blinked hard, willing away anymore tears. If she concentrated hard on her task at hand she could succeed with stopping the water works.

“I must be crazy.” She muttered to herself as her folded legs leaned against the brick of the wall. The window was small, but wide enough for her to wiggle through and brace her hands on the sill. She unlatched the glass and opened it, her eyes peering into the storm. It was raining hard. There was lightning, and thunder to accompany that. She looked down and smiled when she found a closed dumpster that could be used to break her fall, though. She was going to have to go face first after all.

Buffy set her hands about two and a half feet apart from each other, lunging forward and successfully making her head out the opening. She grunted involuntarily, squeezing her arms through the small space to grip the outside of the ledge. She blinked as the rain pounded down on her face. God, why hadn’t she put her ponytail back in her hair!

Buffy cursed as she slowly and meticulously wriggled through the window, planting as much of her own body against the side of the external wall as possible. When her fingertips reached the dumpster’s cover and her ankles were hooked on the indoor ridge of the windowsill, she took a breath. The teen tried hard not to close her eyes as she let her body slip from her position and onto the metal lid. The wet and slanted metal lid.

Buffy couldn’t help her shriek when she hit the dumpster rather hard. The girl rolled off of it, in record time she was sure, and landed in a soggy heap on the cement. Her hair stuck to her neck and cheeks, her lips kissed the ground and her head hurt from being upside down for so long. She groaned, and absently wondered how the hell both of her flip flops had managed to stay on during that whole little endeavor.

“Good plan Buffy.” The girl mocked in personal reprimand.

She started to push herself up when all of a sudden, the drenched alley ground left her sight.

His hands clutched her upper arms fiercely, dragging her off the pavement and into his chest.

For some reason the pavement hadn’t felt as cold.

Panicked green met fuming blue, but soon both stares were heated. Buffy squirmed in his embrace, furiously trying to get free.

“What the bloody hell is the matter with you?!” He screamed. “You coulda broken your neck!” Yes he’d known she’d come out of that window, but watching her do it and flop onto the hard asphalt like a fish made him realize just how stupid a move it was. Now he looked at her in rage that she could’ve gotten seriously hurt.

Spying on her as she vainly twisted to get out of that little opening didn’t seem as funny to him as it had a minute ago.

“Let me go!” Buffy continued trying to get away, finally pushing Spike off of her just long enough to flee. He grabbed her again though, sending any patience she might have had for the man to hell. “Why can’t you leave me alone?!” She yelled into the distance, this time her voice sounding almost like a sob amidst the pouring rain.

He spun her around. His hair was as soaked as hers, tangled and messy. He almost looked ready to cry, and the distress on his face made her just a little happy. His misery still hurt her heart though- and that made her even angrier.

“We need to talk!”

“Yeah because NOW seems like just the right time!” She sarcastically bellowed, gesturing to the violent sky.

“If you’d stop running away-”

“I don’t want to talk to you!” She pulled away again, only to be tugged flush against his soaking chest, their noses almost touching as he lifted her slightly off the ground.

“Well I do!”
“Like I care!”
His eyes flared what she swore was amber, and his jaw tightened. “If you’d just bloody listen!”

“Listen to what?!” She screeched. “Listen to all your heartfelt excuses as to why you lied to me! Why you didn’t tell me something you KNEW I deserved to be told!”

“It wasn’t my fucking business, Buffy! It was an accident me finding out about your mum, alright?! I didn’t mean to-”

“Oh yeah I know!” The tears were stinging behind the rage she felt, and she thanked her body for the vulnerability blocking adrenaline rush. “She told me everything okay?! You don’t need to RE-explain it! As a matter of fact, we don’t have to talk about it at all!” She unexpectedly shoved out if his arms again, for he’d relaxed his grip when she’d stopped struggling a moment before.

“I’m sorry! Never wanted you to get hurt! That was the exact thing I was tryna avoid, Buffy! Can’t you see that?!”

“I can see that you lied to me- And will you cut the crap about me ‘getting hurt’?! That’s what I’m mad about you jackass!”

Spike’s nostrils twitched as he took a rushed breath, his shoulders moving with the intake. The Brit’s fists were clenched at his sides, and even though he wanted shake her until she understood, he knew that grabbing her again would only close her off more. “I was beating myself up for hours about this! You just think that the choice I made was easy?! Fuckin hell Buffy, who knows if I’d even a been able to keep it! I didn’t WANT to hide anything from you!”

She went to run a hand through her hair, only to feel it get stuck within the soaked tresses. She was so tongue tied, how was she supposed to make him understand?! “You decided I couldn’t handle it. Well thanks SO much for the confidence Spike! I thought people around me trusted me, but I guess I was wrong. Silly of me to think that my mom and my boyfriend might actually think me capable of handling a little change in my life!”

“Well you’re not exactly taking the news very well now are you?” He asked irritated. Sure it was a low blow, and quite unfair, but he was pissed off too. She wouldn’t even TRY to see things from his perspective!

“Are you fucking kidding me?! I’m mad because I’m hurt you idiot!”

“We didn’t want to hurt you!”

She laughed bitterly. “Well, pretty fucking ironic how that worked out huh?” The girl rubbed her wet forehead. It was hot as hell out, beyond humid, and pouring down rain. She felt like shit.

“You don’t think it was hard for me to keep this from you?!” He stepped closer. “The ONLY reason I decided not ta tell you was because if I did, then you’d be upset and hate your mum for not tellin you herself! I knew tha Joyce would tell you at some point, an I figured it was better f’you just found out later rather than from me!”

She looked up into his eyes then. She believed him, but oh god she was still angry. “You are an inconsiderate moronic asshole!”

His eyes bugged. “Inconsiderate?! How the fuck do you come to that conclusion?!”

“F’you’d really wanted to be fair, you would have told her to tell me!”

“I did! She didn’t listen! She just said that it was between you. and her. That I wasn’t s’posed to get in the way! I didn’t have a right, Buffy!”

“Yes you did! As my boyfriend, as the man who loves me, you had a right! You had a right to tell her that you would tell me if she didn’t do it herself!”

Spike rolled his eyes heavenward and blinked rapidly. His contacts hurt and it was getting hotter by the second. The rage inside of him refused to be beat down at all. “I’m sorry! I will never, ever keep something like this from you again, alright?! I was just trying to protect you!”

“You’re not supposed to protect me! You’re supposed to make me stronger! Y- You’re supposed to HELP me deal with stuff that hurts, not shield me from all of it!”

“Bollocks I’m not supposed to protect you! What would you have done if you’d been in my shoes?!”

Buffy’s silence told Spike that his words hit home. She didn’t have a ready answer. She frowned hard and even with the rain attacking her face, he saw tears well up stubbornly in her eyes.

“I would have told you!” Her announcement sounded like a whimper, a plea, and an argument all in one. “It would’ve taken me time to decide but I would have told you- And your dad that I was going to tell you!” Her voice rose as she stood in the storm, her face hollowed by the grey sky’s dirty light. “How would you have felt if I hadn’t a told you?!”

Spike swallowed and looked down. He knew how he would feel. Deceived, betrayed, probably like he wasn’t very... important. The male looked up again at his girlfriend, a light dawning.

He made another step forward, taking Buffy’s hands in his and holding them. He thanked whoever was listening that she didn’t pull away from him. “You’re not nothing to me. You’re everything, you understand?” His tone was strong, almost forceful. “And your mum, she didn’t tell you cuz she didn’t want you to think what you’re thinkin right now, that you’re unimportant to her. She loves you Buffy, we both do.”

The woman’s bottom lip quivered. “And yet no one could tell me, I’m that much of an inconvenience that neither of you coulda just come and- and fucking explained things?”

“Do I have to bloody well say it again? It was so you wouldn’t get h-”
“Hurt! Yeah I know okay!” She yelled again. “But if I was gonna be told later anyway why didn’t you two- or at least HER, why didn’t she tell me?!”

Spike stood silent as he watched her start to fall apart. “Why- Why didn’t she tell me Spike? Why didn’t YOU tell me, why was it easier to just not bother including me in anything- i-in any of THIS?!” She was openly crying now, but she refused to fall and simply weep, she was too pissed, too confused, too willful for that.

He got as close to her as he could, his face dipping down next to hers as he simply held her hands and placed his forehead against the girl’s. “Please try and understand-”

“I am trying! I’ve been TRYING, Spike!” She yelled again, but didn’t move, instead stared into his eyes even though her sight was blurring. “And I don’t get it! I don’t get how I can be such a burden to her that she didn’t even WANT to tell me about Drake, or whatever the hell his name is! And I don’t get how YOU felt you were protecting me by doing some- something I NEVER thought you’d do!”

“I’m sorry.” He professed, his voice almost desperate. “I made a mistake, you don’t even know how much shite I went through tryin to choose whether or not I should tell you!”

“Oh, fuck you!” She violently whined the curse, her throat scratching at the words and Spike’s jaw clenching too.

“You know I’m tellin you the truth!” He spoke, loudly.
“And yet you’re apologizing!” She yelled again.

Spike growled in frustration and anger. He seized her shoulders and pushed her back into a wall quicker than the girl could blink, his knuckles scraping brick with the contact. She winced. “Do you realize how much it hurt to know I’d have to lie to you?” He was right in her face.

“Oh it hurt YOU?!” She asked, almost sounding offended.

“YES!” He bellowed. “I bloody well went nuts tryna deal with the guilt of it okay?! I didn’t WANT to lie to you Buffy! I didn’t WANT to do that, I NEVER wanted to do that! And I promise you, I swear on my mother’s grave that no matter what, I will never keep something like this from you again or hide the truth just because I think it’s easier. But you’ve gotta understand why I did it this time!”

Her eyes poured just as the raindrops did, and her clothes stuck to her skin. Spike’s face beheld desperation and Buffy’s showed how lost she felt. The things he laid out for her, and tried to make clear with all of his force, ripped away the steady emotion of rage she’d been able to hang onto. Her footing was gone, and she felt like a tightrope walker looking on at somebody holding a pair of scissors who was ready to sever her stability. “I do, okay?” She offered pitifully. “I do! I just don’t get anything else and I don’t feel like- Spike I don’t feel safe right now. A-And I always feel safe when you’re around. I don’t want you t-t-to lie to me again. Please! I can’t take that- I can’t take THIS again!”

God she was just bare for him. Why she was never so exposed for anyone else she didn’t know.

“Never, never!” He leaned in and took her face in his hands. Her message broke his heart. His voice became almost helpless, and there were pleading whimpers in his words. “Never Buffy I swear it! God please please, I don’t wanna lose you!” And he meant it more than in just the sense of labels. As his lips claimed hers Buffy responded immediately, needing it, needing him. She knew he needed her too.

His arms enveloped her form, tugging at her skin and ribcage. She stood on tiptoes as she pulled his mouth harder into her own, the water droplets shielding them from the rest of the world. Their lips journeyed a familiar path and their tongues devoured, grips on one another’s bodies had never been tighter. He was holding onto everything he could, her heart and trust. Buffy was looking for reassurance in his strength and pledge of comfort, the stability she hoped to still feel simply by being near him.

His calloused hands pulled futilely at her shirt, Buffy realized it and quickly directed her hands to his belt. With their mouths still kissing, Spike undid the slippery buttons on her clothing and by the time his fly was open her shorts were already halfway down.

He dropped to his knees and swiftly discarded his girl’s denims, moving back up to her lips. She clutched at him desperately, only separating as often as she needed air.

Spike pulled her underwear out of the way with his fingers and freed his cock. He dipped low enough to enter her, and she gasped into his mouth at the intrusion. Her hands clawed unmercifully at his scalp and wet curls. Her inner muscles welcomed his presence and she moaned when he thrust home. His teeth nipped at her ferociously, her nails doing damage to soaked skin. “Yes Spike…”

The pleasure rippled through them both, the connection tingled their nerves and fed the heat. He started pounding in and out of her. His hands found the wall and hers found his neck. They were body to body, and the rain that seemed to never wane in its pummeling continued to drench them.

Their kisses were messy until the couple separated, sufficing for touching their foreheads together. Spike’s eyes were focused on hers. He would always hold her, love her, protect her; and he needed her to believe that. He didn’t want to hurt the girl, but God he had and it was all because he’d tried not to. He knew what he’d done was blind, and he’d try his damndest to never harm her again.

“You’re safe. With me, Buffy. You’re always safe.” He panted, his voice deep and ragged.

She nodded, not able to cry anymore. She was slowly reaching a place between here and gone, a place of safe haven and a shaky unknown. She was figuring out the hardships that came with being so in love you could barely breathe. The counting you did on another person and how easily it was to be hurt by their actions. She had known about these things, all of the dangers that accompanied love’s bliss, she’d felt them before. Except never had her heart been so severely tied to another.

With his eyes still locked on hers, his harsh and yet steady drives into her body, his complete openness pouring through to her heart, Buffy couldn’t help but let her feelings out. Couldn’t help showing Spike her raw and undisguised self, the girl that had been in hiding ever since the talk with her mom. She took a breath and allowed the threats and the promises to enter her whole. She gave her entire soul to the man again, like when she’d first uttered those three little words to him that day that felt so far in the past.

“I love you. I- I trust you- ah!”

His eyes brightened beneath the brutal rainwater, and he kissed her hard, beginning to move faster and severer. The second he pulled away Buffy’s head slammed backwards into the brick, her eyes rolling up in her head as the strokes he made brought ecstasy to her in a gift wrapped package. “Oh my god!”

He placed his hand on the back of her head, tugging her closer to him so as to whisper heavily in her ear. “I love you! I love you so fuckin much, Buffy- Never leave you, promise promise promise…” His pledges tapered off. The man’s right palm traced her hip and waist reverently, barely touching; in contrast to the force he used while pressing his lips to where he still murmured desperately. “Christ my darlin girl, I love you.”

She moved her leg to his waist, wrapping it around him as her flip flop fell off and she kept meeting him thrust for ever powerful thrust. “I love you, too! I love you so m- much, Spike. Won’t hurt you, love you.” She gasped, arching her back as she gripped his neck and left crescent moon shapes in his flesh.

He palmed her breast through the soaked shirt, finding her pointed nipple easily and flicking it roughly. Her earned a lovely squeal for his efforts, and he continued the brutality whilst suckling at her neck.

“Oh God yes! Yes! Holy, unh! Fuck me- harder, yeah right there!” Her demands were gladly met, but she only whimpered more. “Oh my god, yes Spike! Fuck! Ung! Please, oh God please don’t stop!”

His control snapped at her words. Her pussy was drenching him, her skin was enticing him, and her voice was pleading him.

The hand he had in her hair tugged her forward again, the one on her breast moved to Buffy’s clit. His gaze fastened on hers. “That’s my girl! Mine! Mine to love, mine to take care of? Isn’ tha right?”

“Yes baby, ung! God yesss…” She squeezed him internally, her nails scaling their way back to his bleached curls.

He growled against her, moving his hips faster and faster. “Your hot little cunt’s just begging for this isn’ it? Begging to be fucked.”

“Yes!” She couldn’t help to do anything else but agree.

“You like my cock inside you? Fucking your tight lil quim? Like to come all over me, soak me in your juices, right babygirl?”

The low coarseness of his voice was doing so much to her, and his fingers slowly massaging her clitoris made the over stimulation almost painful, but she couldn’t stop from begging for more. “Yes! I’m all yours- ah! O-Only yours, Spike. Oh-guh! Please, harder! Take me harder!” She sobbed the ending pleas.

“Damn right only mine!” He snarled. “I’m the ONLY one who gets to touch you! Gets to taste your delectable little pussy. Gets to feel you surroundin me, feel your walls squeezin me. Get’s to fuck you.” He placed his forehead to hers once more, coming closer and closer to the brink. “Gets to love you.”

She came undone. Her toes curling at his words, his cock buried inside her, his slippery fingers touching her. The hollow of the alleyway filled with her screams. Spike ruptured a second later. His spendings released within her clamping walls and his shouts concealed within the thunder.

Their bodies moved rapidly together, in sync and heated. Their labored breaths accompanied the pouring rain like an added sound effect, and when their stares met again, so did their lips.
End Notes:
Thank you all so so much for the reviews! Hugs all around! Please keep up with the feedback!
(not gonna lie the dirty talk kept me busy, it was hard to write! I hope it didn't sound cheesy!)
Btw again, as you read, possessive Spike takes a leading role in my writing :)
Chapter 34 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone, here is #34! See endnotes for important info!

AND I SWEAR I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE SMUTTY DIRTINESS CAME FROM IN THIS CHAPTER I JUST STARTED WRITING NAUGHTY AND IDK I HOPE IT'S OK AND YOU GUYS SHOULD REALLY BE USED TO THE WHOLE POSSESSIVE THING BY NOW JUST SAYING *bites nails nervously*
The kiss was sweet and forgiving, a lock put on the ending to their fight. His lips moved away and he nuzzled his nose against hers affectionately, slowly placing his hands on her waist where he aided to steady her. Spike helped Buffy’s leg to stand straight again as he pulled out with a regretful moan. He tucked himself away. The man would have gladly stayed where he’d been but they couldn’t fall asleep in a drenched alleyway together.

Buffy blinked heavily. Her legs were wobbly as she finally put her full weight back on them, and her feet were wet. Well, everything was wet, it was still pouring.

“My legs are shaky.” She said quietly.

He smirked a little beneath the rain. “S’that so?” She nodded slightly and he smiled at her. “Lemme help you get dressed here, pidge.” And he pulled away from her, watching as she leaned into the wall and concentrated on not slipping.

He retrieved her flip flop and discarded shorts, bringing them back just in time to catch her when her knees buckled. “Whoa hey hey now.” He reached beneath her arms quickly and hauled her back up, holding her tired form to his chest as she regained her balance. “I’ve got you, it’s okay.”

“Sorry.” She blushed as she sagged into him. “Just got a little broken I think.” He laughed at that and Buffy smiled sleepily, taking her soaked shorts from his hand. He seized her gently while she tugged those on, holding out her stray sandal as she slipped her foot into it. “Thanks.”

“No problem, pet.”

Buffy picked at the heavy fabric of her denim shorts. She looked sympathetically at Spike’s attire. Those ripped jeans looked ridiculously drenched and uncomfortable. She pinched her wet shirt and sighed. “Better than naked.”

“M’prepared to argue with you on that one, love.” He joked, earning a giggle from Buffy.

“Oh please no, no more arguing.” Her eyes met his and she smiled slightly. “I don’t like arguing with you, well, when it isn’t the fun kind anyway.”

Spike squint his eyes in amusement, and leaned in and kissed her.

When they separated she asked him in a quiet tone, one not easily heard beneath the storm. “Are we, are we okay now?”

He looked at her biting her lip, loving her more than anything for bringing up the question when he’d really been the one in the wrong. “Yes kitten, s’long as you’re okay.” He peered into her eyes, still supporting her tired body in his embrace as the question hung there.

She took a second before nodding. “Yeah. I really am.” Her voice was sure, and she grinned when he released a large breath and muttered a “Thank God!” before hugging her.

Her head rested sleepily on his shoulder, and she suddenly became acutely aware of the rain beating down on them. The teen’s smile waned. She swore the heat was getting worse, and the headache she’d had earlier was creeping back up her neck now that she wasn’t happily distracted by... other activities.

She groaned and he pulled away even though she hugged tighter.

Spike looked into her bleary eyes. The rose on her cheeks wasn’t as vibrant as it’d been a minute ago. She looked rather worn out. “C’mon. Let’s get you home.”

She moaned in agreement, her eyes blinking at the raindrops hitting her lashes.

He wrapped an arm around her waist, supporting her body as she followed his direction. The rain was still pouring down on the couple.

Buffy stumbled when they reached the start of the alley, but she quickly righted herself and Spike grabbed her tightly again. He cracked a smile when she giggled, and though he should feel bad for her current inability to walk, the man couldn’t help but smirk proudly.

“You’re an ass.” Buffy said when she caught sight of his smug expression. She knew what her boyfriend was so happy about.
“Yeah but you love it.” He said, grin still in place.

Buffy groaned without answering him. She was soaking wet, she was tired, her head hurt, and she felt like freaking Bambi. All the girl wanted was to get home.

Spike’s amusement dissipated rather speedily when his girl tried taking another step and instead swayed into his arms. Her hand went to her head as he caught her around the waist, one of his own palms turning her face to his. “Buffy, you sure you’re alright?”

She closed her eyes tightly before nodding. She was honestly just tired, and the heat was getting to her even with the rain pouring down. “I’m just tired. And these clothes are obnoxiously heavy. Plus, your handiwork on my knees ensures that I’ll never be able to use them again.”

Spike breathed out a silent laugh, and he shook his head. He scooped her form up into his arms and started marching determinedly through the rain.

“Spike you cannot carry me.” She said with emphasis on the ‘cannot’. “Between lugging your sopping wet self through this storm and my body weight, you’ll collapse halfway home.” She tried squirming free but he held tighter.

“You can barely walk, pet. And you’re not that heavy. ‘Sides, the weather’s lettin up me thinks.” He smiled down at her and she looked upwards at the sky, blinking at the raindrops hitting her eyes. The rain was lessening now, and as the couple kept walking, it calmed to a light drizzle.

Almost home and Buffy decided to protest again. Her headache had waned and Spike had to be getting tired at this point. It wasn’t like it was a long walk back or anything, less than 10 minutes actually, but she didn’t need him to lug her all the way.

Though she was kind of enjoying it…

“Spike put me down.”
“We’re almost there Buffy, be patient.”
“I can walk you don’t have to-”

“Look. We’re here.” And he turned the corner to their shared block, confidently strutting towards his house. True he was a little tired, his legs mostly, but she was worse off. And he liked having her in his arms, anything to be able to touch her.

Buffy gave up protesting and just allowed him to finish the journey. She didn’t say anything when he walked down the gangway leading to his front door. Somehow the blondes had both known that “home” had meant Spike’s place, not Buffy’s. It didn’t really matter anyhow as long as they were together and the destination was peaceful.

Buffy idly wondered what the people who’d gotten a chance to see them waltzing through town looking like a couple of drowned rats had thought. The new boy in Moon Stream who was supposed to be trouble (yes she’d heard some whispers about him), carrying around Miss Buffy Summers. They’d no doubt made a strange sight.

Oh God she hoped no one called her mom, Joyce would think Spike had rescued her from drowning or something. Then she’d rush over to check on her daughter and the last thing Buffy wanted right now was to see her mother.

Her bleached hauler made it to his front door before finally setting Buffy down on her feet, which she was able to stand on without help by the way. He unlocked the entrance and stepped aside to let her in first, mentioning that there were two bathrooms so they could both take showers.

Spike certainly didn’t dislike the idea of them showering TOGETHER. On the contrary the image was quite appealing, but judging from Buffy’s heavy footsteps and droopy eyes he didn’t think she was quite ready for another shag just yet. Not that they couldn’t control themselves but… better not risk it.

“I’ll take your clothes and stick ‘em in the dryer f’you want.”
Buffy looked at Spike then and nodded. “Thanks that’d be perfect.”

He led her to his bedroom. Buffy had never been upstairs before so when she entered Spike’s room her sleepy mind drew more alert as she took in the appearance. Dark green walls, stereo, large bed, car posters, nothing she saw that wouldn’t fit in her boyfriend’s private quarters. She smiled softly as her eyes scanned the area, the atmosphere being deemed… comfy. Sure there was laundry lying about, even when there sat an empty hamper near the entryway. And there were a couple of beer bottles that’d obviously missed their descent into a small garbage can, but with the mess it still wasn’t uninviting. And it didn’t smell either, a trait she’d thought sure that every teenage male’s room had.

“Here, you can use this one.” Spike opened the door to his personal bathroom and gestured inside. “There’s towels hangin up in there. I’ll use the one downstairs.”

“I didn’t know you played guitar.” She said as her eyes caught sight of the instrument placed on its stand.

Spike nodded. “Oh yeah... a lil bit.” He cleared his throat. “Not really great at it or nothin’, s’just a hobby.” He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down shyly.

Buffy, completely charmed by his blushing modesty, moved from her spot where she’d been admiring the acoustic. She approached him and leaned up to peck him on the cheek. Buffy then said thank you for the offered shower and disappeared behind the wooden barrier of the bathroom door.

She stripped off her clothes and Spike called through to her saying that she could hand them to him when she was ready. Buffy opened the door a crack to hand him her garments all bunched into a wet wrinkled mess. “Hang the bra please.” She asked him sweetly, and Spike answered with a smirk and a nod of the head.
She noticed him trying to take a peek at her nakedness and knew that the nonexistent suggestion of showering together had been for her benefit rather than his- and YES the idea had crossed her mind.

Spike knew she was tired. Though she was feeling better now that she was indoors and the headache was gone.

Buffy bit her lip and almost went to ask him if he wanted to join her when she heard his bedroom door shut. Never mind, it was probably better she just get cleaned up anyhow, that rainwater had done major yucky damage.

She stepped into the shower, groaning softly when she turned on the hot water and it fell onto her skin. She rinsed off and then looked around for shampoo of some sort. Spotting what she needed Buffy got to work on washing her hair…

Huh. Her boyfriend liked strawberry champagne conditioner. Definitely future teasing material.
“‘Least I’ll smell fruity!” She giggled to herself. Spike was never going to hear the end of this.

***

He got undressed before trotting butt naked over to the dryer in the basement and tossing his clothing in there with Buffy’s. He turned the machine on and hung her delicate bra over an overhead pipe. The Brit quickly went back upstairs to the first floor, turning on the shower. He planned on being fast about this, after all there was a girl upstairs who he very much wanted to wrap his arms around.

He was slightly hoping that maybe after her shower she’d feel more awake and therefore more… rambunctious, but if not he would be gladly content with just sleeping next to her.

As he started soaping up beneath the hot spray, Spike realized that he actually had yet to fall asleep with his girl. That was something that needed to be rectified.

The man hurried with cleaning up and stepped out of the shower.

***

He heard her voice not two seconds after entering his bedroom.
“Once upon a December…”

Spike smiled warmly. Well, she had said it was her “shower song.”

The man went to his closet and pulled a black T-shirt off of one of the hangers, walking over to the bathroom and sneaking inside.

The sight that greeted him was mighty pleasing. Buffy was bent over with one foot on the toilet seat, methodically massaging her leg with lotion. Her body was wrapped in a towel while another sat on the top of her head like a turban. She was still singing, not yet having noticed Spike’s presence, and stood straight after she was done applying the moisturizer.

The Brit walked up behind her and pressed into her backside, speaking softly in her ear. “Usin up all a my lotion are you?”

He’d startled her, but Buffy quickly relaxed after he spoke, and she responded in a chipper tone. “The fact that you even have body lotion is amazing to me.”

“Hey, sometimes I get dry skin too ya know.”
“Yes honey, I know.” She joked.

Spike slipped his arm holding the T-shirt around her waist, presenting it to her, offering his girl the garment. “You can wear this f’you like. So’s you’re not runnin ‘round naked- Not that the notion doesn’t appeal to me.”

Buffy rolled her eyes before swiping the shirt from his grasp. She turned around and stepped back from him. “Thank you.” She removed her head towel, and then very quickly revealed the rest of her naked body. She blushed inadvertently and threw the shirt on over her head in record time, almost gulping when she finally got a look at Spike’s face.

So first the girl had teased by giving him a peek at her lovely curves, and now there she stood in his shirt that cut off just at the top of her thighs. Temptress.

“Think’ll just give you all f’my shirts, pet. Look better on you anyway.” His voice was deep, and seeing her in his clothes was affecting him greatly yet again.

His jaw was tense, she could see that tiny vein pulsing in his cheek. Well it was a good thing he was getting worked up because she’d just noticed his freshly cleaned torso. He had on nothing but a towel around his hips and oh GOD her guy was hot! His curly hair all in disarray, his eyes swallowing her whole, abs freshly dried except for a few lone water droplets traveling down, down, down…

Her breathing was a little uneven and her pupils were dilated. “Come ‘ere.”

He moved faster than she could blink and before she knew it her back had hit the wall.

His towel ripped away in a blink, the shirt she wore pulled up and bunched around her hips. His erect cock driving into her like it knew its place. Her moan, his gasp. Her head hitting the wall as his pelvis ground against hers. Their coupling was fast and furious. Spike lifted her and rested the girl’s whole body against the wall, Buffy’s legs curled around his waist and her breaths were desperate. He pounded unmercifully, and she begged for more. “Please, oh God p-please don’t stop!”

“Never never never…” He murmured against her cloth covered chest, his nails biting into his darling’s skin. His mouth came to her hickey decorated neck and he bit down hard as his speed increased. The animalistic nature of this joining was unwarranted, but so needed.

Buffy shouted out, her orgasm approaching quickly already. “Ung!” She threw her head over his shoulder as she held his face to her neck in a vice grip. Her fingertips tunneled through his hair as she praised his actions and tried her hardest to meet his thrusts.

Her thighs clamped painfully but Buffy refused to let go, the burn too good to deny. She whimpered and yelled her delight as she came and the juice rolled down and around her thigh, sticking to hers and his skin. Spike growled as her walls strangled him. He didn’t slow down, prepared to send her over the edge one more time. He wanted to hear that scream again.

“Fucking love your cunt, love your sweet lil pussy drippin wet for me. I know you love it too, you love me pounding into you right babygirl?”

“Yes! Yes ohmygod yesss!” Her voice soared into a shriek and she banged her head into the tile as he harshly slammed into her body, as the head of his prick scraped her most intimate places. “F-Fuuuucck! Spike!” Her nails scratched his neck and her heels bruised his flesh, the slapping sound of brutal thrusting, her body starting to feel like an inferno. She frantically moved her hips and Spike got harsher as she squeezed him without mercy from the inside.

“Tha’s right squeeze me Buffy- Right jus like that! Ung! Bloody- Fuck!” He attacked her mouth then, kissing ravenously and biting her lips.

They separated and she spoke hurriedly against his growling mouth. “Harder! Harder don’t be soft! Fuck me baby, please- Yeah- Uhn! Yeah, yes- Ah! You know I like it right?”

He slammed in and out again and again, refusing to acknowledge the need to come. She had to let go before he did, he’d make her. He wanted that scream. “Knew you would! My dirty little girl- Like’s it rough doesn’t she?” He snarled. “Like’s bein fucked like this? Like’s me deep inside? Like’s being showed who it is she belongs to?”

God she loved this man. “Yeeeess!”

“Who’s the only man allowed to touch you?!” He asked harshly.
“You! You, Spike!” Buffy felt her own possessiveness raging, and she leaned in unexpectedly and gripped his head, pulled his ear to her lips. “And who owns your cock baby?” Grunt. “You’re mine right? All mine?”

Spike growled fiercely and pounded so hard into her body that the wall behind them shook. “Fuck I’m yours- Unh! Only. Yours!”

She whimpered. The feelings were becoming all too much. His cock rushing into her so quick she could barely feel him pulling out. His hands were leaving marks on her ass she was sure, and the notion turned her on just about as much as the sweet pain/pleasure gathered at her core. His pelvis hit hers in one more hard thrust and with the connection to her clit she came, her thighs gaining new strength as she refused to let him loose contact from her.

Spike’s orgasm hit at just the same instant, and he roared when she shrieked that lovely scream he’d been waiting to hear.

They erratically moved together, the sweet completion wearing them both out and sending them to the ground in a heap of limbs.

***

There were a few beats filled only with labored breathing and blissful aftershocks before either one of them spoke.

“So…” Buffy took another breath. “Strawberry champagne conditioner huh?” Her eyebrows lifted and the face Spike answered her with was one she wished she could capture on film.
End Notes:
Okay so I'm starting a new story, don't worry this one will be finished- soon actually, i have my ending i just have to get there and add in some other things 1st :) Not sure how many chapters left but there should be a few, at LEAST five. Now I'm posting the new story later tonight, so look for it and check it out if you're interested! It's called "Be Fearless, My Dear" and it's got a southern autumn feel to it. It will also be a long fic, i cant start a story and then finish it quickly i guess lol

Also, please leave reviews for Opposites Attract! *huggles* (dont worry i promise to get back to the plot in the next chappie)
Chapter 35 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hey im sorry this one took a while, but to make up for it, it IS longer than usual (im pretty sure...)
Enjoy, OH! and I really recommend listening to the song used in this chapter when it comes up, that way you can hear the tune and appreciate it, but you don't have to if you dont want it's just a suggestion! :)

link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHOqT1knvY
“Oh hey do you think you’d like to go out with me and my friends tomorrow?!” Buffy called from the place where she stood in his room.

After they’d managed to pry themselves off of the floor, Spike had said it’d probably be a good idea for them to both do a quick rinse off in the shower- separately.

So that’s what she’d done. In under five minutes she was squeaky clean and ran from the bathroom after her boyfriend had handed her a towel, lest she get mauled again.

Spike had chuckled and stepped into the shower himself, tossing his black T-shirt to her to throw back on if she wanted.

That’s what Buffy wore now as she stood in the middle of her guy’s bedroom inspecting things and eyeing the posters.

Soft footsteps drew her attention back to the bathroom, and she gulped audibly when he leaned against the doorframe wearing nothing but a towel and a smile. “What’ve ya got in mind, darlin’?”

“Put something on before I talk to you. NOW.” And she turned around to hide her flushed face, teenage hormones and THAT man were not safe things to pair together.

Spike laughed lightly and she heard him moving. For a split second of mixed panic/anticipation she thought he was approaching her, but then she heard the sound of closet doors and knew he was getting dressed.

She was both relieved and disappointed. She wanted him, as always, but was also tired and knew that some things probably needed to be discussed. Like the circle incident…

She wasn’t going to bring THAT up on her own though, that was for sure.

“M’dressed.” He said from behind her, and Buffy turned around. He was still shirtless but had on a pair of grey sweatpants. It still wasn’t quite good enough. “You’re not dressed.”

“I think pants qualify as ‘dressed’, love.”
“No, ‘dressed’ means there is clothing covering both top and bottom. Your top is very, very indecent.”

“Every part of me’s indecent.” He said with a tongue curl, and Buffy had to bite down on her own tongue to stop from moaning.

“You’re evil.”
“Better believe it baby.” He smiled, his voice rough and flirty. “Ya know…” He said as he stepped closer to her. “it’s not exactly easy for me to see you standin there wearin nothin other than my clothes, pet. Right temptin sight you make.”

Buffy blushed again, but rolled her eyes with it. “I am very aware of this fact, as you’ve proved to me twice now.”

“Need me to prove it again?” Another tongue curl.

With that, Buffy took a step back and pursed her lips trying not to smile. “I am tired, as you SHOULD be, and you still haven’t even answered my question.”

Spike deflated a little and sighed. He smiled good naturedly when he sat down on his bed, scratching the back of his head. “Wha? ‘Bout your friends? What’d you wanna do tomorrow then?”

Buffy continued walking around his room before finding her gaze drawn yet again to the guitar. She sat down on the window seat and leaned against the wall as her fingers glided over the neck of the instrument. “Willow wanted to check out this new place in town that’s opening. It’s called The Bronze I guess, sounds kinda like a mix between a club and a coffee shop.” Her eyes brought themselves back to his. “Go with me?” She asked kindly, as if he could say no.

Spike grinned broadly at her and nodded. “Course. Don’t have work tomorrow or nothin, an I did my four days last week with helpin Jim out ‘fore the barbeque from hell. I’ll have to show up at the body shop on Tuesday though-”

“Is today Sunday?” Buffy asked suddenly, frowning hard.

He nodded. “Yeah. Think so.” Spike flipped open his cell phone that rested on his bedside table just to be sure. “Says Sunday, kitten.”

“Shit.” She cursed with astonishment and looked down at the floor. “It feels more like a month has passed since I babysat those twins.”

“I know the feeling.”

Her green stare met his blue one again, and a silent acknowledgement passed through them both. “It feels like I’ve known you forever.” She said in a very quiet voice, biting her lip at her own cheesy remark. Didn’t matter that it was true, it still sounded weird to her ears.

“Again, I know the feeling.” He tilted his head and gazed at her warmly, his eyes sparkling adoringly which caused the girl to duck her head.

“Will you play for me?” She almost whispered, looking down at the guitar she still hadn’t stopped touching.

Spike’s widened. “Uh- Um. I don’t think so, Buffy.”

She frowned then and met his scared eyes with a puzzled look in her own. “Why not?”

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Because m’not very good. I told you s’just a hobby.”

“Hey! You’ve heard me sing, I should get to hear you strum this baby.” And she picked up the acoustic, staring at him challengingly.

Spike huffed and gaped at the ceiling. “Tha’s not fair! I never MADE you sing.”

“C’mon Spike, pleeeease.” And she pouted, begging as best she could.

Spike glimpsed at her from the corner of his eye, letting out an irritated groan. “Usin the pout’s really not fair, Goldilocks.”

She widened her peepers innocently and batted her eyelashes, never forgetting the protruded lip. “Please.”

Spike shut his eyes tight and then chanced another look at her, which he instantly regretted. “Ugh, bloody hell!”

She smiled brightly when he stood and walked over to her.

“Next thing you’ll be askin me to spout off some f’my poetry.” He grumbled.

“Ooh! Can-”
“You’re pushin it Summers!”

She laughed, knowing full well she’d be able to convince him sooner or later. When he took the guitar from her hands she scooted to the far side of the seat, allowing him room to sit down. “Now no comments, you got me?” He looked at her. “Like I said, m’not a professional so-”

“Spike, relax I’m not gonna laugh at you.” She said, frowning at him like he was an idiot. She wouldn’t make fun at something he obviously enjoyed and was nervous about showing her. “Now play.”

She settled back against the wall, her knees bent and turned so her ankles fell off of the side of the cushioned seat. She watched as Spike took a breath and told her what he was going to play. “You won’t recognize it, s’just some chords I put together myself an liked the tune of it all.”

“Okay.” He ran his fingers over the strings, testing their sound and listening intently. After he tuned it a bit he finally took another breath and closed his eyes, his hand moving over the instrument with remembered grace.

The notes started playing and a melody developed, the sounds played quietly and delicately through the room. Buffy smiled, though Spike couldn’t see it. His eyes were still closed.

He was right, she didn’t recognize the beat or the strums of the guitar, this wordless song was wholly original and new. Made by him. It was catchy to her ears, a slower and softer tune than she would have thought he’d create, but she loved it.

He started humming along to the sounds of the instrument, though Buffy didn’t think he could even tell. He seemed to get lost in the feel of the acoustic and she gazed warmly at him. For four minutes she listened, and when the melody finally died off and Spike looked at her with fear and apprehension she smiled affectionately. “Are you gonna believe me if I tell you the truth?”

Spike cleared his throat. “Maybe.”
She grinned. “It was beautiful.”

His surprised expression almost made her laugh, but she refrained and just nodded her head. “You have talent, and it was… incomparable. I loved it.”

“Incomparable?” He raised an eyebrow. “As in a good way?”

“In a very good way.” She smiled even wider at his slightly disbelieving expression. Then when he exhaled loudly and quickly leaned forward to place a wet smooch on her cheek it seemed all of the tension had drained from his body. He was happy.
“I don’t know why you thought you weren’t any good. Do you know any songs?”

Spike nodded and- Oh my god he was actually blushing. “Yeh. Quite a bit actually. Even some I can’t stand I’ve learned, wanted to get as much practice as I could.” He laughed a little.

Buffy beamed once again. “So are you telling me that you know some songs *I* like?”

Spike pursed his lips as he stared at the ground. “How’d I know you were gonna ask me that?”

Buffy squealed. “Oh my God you have to play something else! And I get to choose! Please please please!”

Spike heaved a very pained sigh and rolled his eyes as well as his head on his shoulders. “What d’you wanna hear?”
She giggled and then sat up straighter. “Okay okay, ummm- Ooh shoot! Let me think. Do you know any Kate Voegele?”

Spike grit his teeth, shaking his head at himself. “I knew I never shoulda listened to that chit’s stuff.”

Buffy just squealed again. “Oh you’re so never hearing the end of this from me!”

He met her eyes then. “Do you want me to play your sodding pop shite or not?”

“Okay okay I’m sorry!” She rushed. “Do you know ‘Lift Me Up’?”

Spike nodded, almost ashamedly, but Buffy only smiled again. “Oh my god yes! Okay that one, play it!”

The Brit tuned his guitar one more time and started to strum, muttering to himself as he began. “I’m pussy whipped.”

Buffy scowled at his remark but quickly got lost in the tempo of the song. The version she knew was on piano and yet, the guitar sounded beautiful, too. He played it perfectly, and that probably meant that he’d practiced this song a lot. She wasn’t going to tease him about it, though… no matter how much she wanted to!

Just before the chorus started she couldn’t help but start singing softly, almost to herself but still with the knowledge that Spike was there and could hear her. “But even so I had to believe… Ohh, impossible means nothin to me… So can you lift me up, and turn the ashes into flames, ‘cause I have overcome.. more than words will ever say, and I’ve been given hope.. that there’s a light on up the hall. And that a day will come when the fight is won and I think that day has just begun...”

Buffy kept singing, getting louder and braver as Spike looked at her in awe and his strumming became surer, his guitar seeking acknowledgement. She smiled a little and suddenly the couple felt a little like a practiced duet. The vocals glided like water on glass, perfect; though higher in tune than the original artist’s would be. Spike’s chords brought to life every note while Buffy’s voice didn’t crack once. “And everythin that’s worth having, comes with trials worth withstanding… So can you lift me up, and turn the ashes into flames, ‘cause I have overcome.. more than words will ever say. And I’ve been given hope.. that there’s a light on up the hall. And that a day will come when the fight is won and I think that day has just begun… Oh…”

His eyes glittered and his smile broadened when she sang stronger, her voice making his whole body tingle. She was having a ball, and that made him enjoy himself and this song more than he ever had before while playing the guitar. “Lift me up, lift me up, Ohh lift me up… Down and out is overrated.. I need to be elevated.. Looking up is not enough, no, I would rather rise above…”

She scooted closer to him and took a quick breath before starting the chorus up again, never missing a word and grinning like she was doped up on happy pills. Her voice hit a particularly strong pitch and Spike almost missed a strum in his elated surprise. God he loved hearing her sing.

Buffy softened her tone as the song flowed to an end, the guitar slowing down. “… And that a day will come when the fight is won and I think that day has just begun…”

She tapered off and Spike let a pleased grin grace his lips. “God I love hearin you sing.”

He said it so profoundly that she couldn’t help but blush, and before she could say how much she loved listening to him play, the sound of clapping broke the moment and drew their eyes to the now open doorway.

“That was exquisite.” Spike’s dad said kindly as he let the applause die. “I just arrived home and heard you both through the door. I couldn’t help the eavesdropping. Have you been practicing long?”

Buffy’s eyes almost bulged out of their sockets and her face reddened even further when she saw Mr. Pratt. She was in NOTHING other than one of her boyfriend’s T-shirts, it did zilch to cover her decently, and his father was in the room. Oh dear God.

Buffy offered a shaky smile to the man as she sat on her knees, covering as much of herself as she could. “Uh, no. I- I made your son play for me and, well then I just couldn’t help singing along. I love that song.”

Spike rubbed the back of his head and stood up when he noticed Buffy’s obvious embarrassment at her state of dress. “Thanks a lot for the privacy dad.” He looked at his father while standing half in front of his girlfriend.

Charlie just rolled his eyes. “Oh relax I’ve heard you play that instrument before, but I certainly haven’t heard Buffy’s lovely voice. You’ve got quite gift there, dear.”

God she must look like a tomato. “T-thank you.”

“Not at all.” The man nodded, smiling at the couple.

Buffy was cruelly biting her bottom lip.

“I was thinking of ordering a pizza, if that appeals to you both? Buffy I, and I’m sure William as well, would love you to stay for dinner.”

The girl looked to Spike but he hadn’t moved from the spot where he casually tried to hide her from view, so she just smiled and nodded. “Pizza sounds great, I’d love to stay t-thank you.”

“Splendid. What do you like for toppings?”

Spike heaved a sigh. “Alright! Look, pops Buffy’s not picky. Just get a pie with everythin on it, yeah?”

Charlie smiled slightly to himself and nodded. “Okay.” He went to leave but before he closed the door he called out one more time. He just couldn’t resist this. “Oh William?”

“What?!” Spike barked.

“Be sure to fetch the girl her clothes before you both come down to dinner. Wouldn’t want her to catch a chill.”

Buffy eyes widened to comical proportions and Spike groaned slightly, clenching his jaw. He didn’t answer right away, but when he did his voice was strained. “Yeh. Will do.”

Charlie left then, chuckling all the way down the hall.

Once the door was closed Buffy let out a sound similar to a dying animal and pressed her face into the window seat. “Your dad thinks I’m a slut!” She yelled into the cushioning.

Spike couldn’t help laughing at her proclamation. He turned and sat down, petting his girlfriend’s head before shaking his own. “No he doesn’t, kitten.”

“Yes he does! My hairs wet from what he could probably only guess was a shower, I’m wearing your shirt- which is next to nothing -and you’re half naked!”

Spike smirked. Well the girl was right, his dad probably had figured things out, but it didn’t mean he thought any less of Buffy. “Well, yeah okay, but I know he doesn’t think bad of you sweetheart.” He said the sentence quickly, only hoping that she wouldn’t flip out any further if he assured her his dad didn’t think she was a-

“A hobiscuit! That’s what he thinks I am! A skanky hobiscuit!”

Spike laughed loudly at that. She was just too bloody cute. “No he doesn’t! My da’s a decent bloke Buffy, when he’s not pissin me off that is. He wouldn’t a made a joke an invited you to dinner f’he thought that way ‘bout you.”

She sat up and pouted pathetically at her boyfriend. “Today is so not a good parent day for me.”

Spike took her in his arms and rubbed her back at that, the damn fight with Joyce had made itself known again, breaching the peace that had been the past couple of hours. Hopefully the memories wouldn’t ware his girl down any more than they already had.

“Shh, it’s okay, Buffy. You’re not the first chit my dad’s caught me with, he’s used to-”

He felt her body go stiff the second he’d said it, and then Spike mentally slapped himself. Just bloody great.

She wiggled away from him and stood up. Here we go…

“How many?” It almost sounded like a statement rather than a question the way she said it, but he knew what she was asking.

Spike groaned. Why he was always prone to stick his foot in his mouth he’d never know. “Do we really have to-”

“Just tell me Spike.” She faced him then, an exasperated sigh rolling off her shoulders. “How many women have you been with? I wanna know.”

Oh he’d bet against that. “A lot, okay.”

She blinked and looked down, her arms hugging herself. “I don’t know why I asked, I’m sorry.” The words were rushed and she headed for the bathroom, determined to shut herself inside.

Of course, Spike was quicker, and he caught her arm and turned her around before she reached the doorway. “Hey now. What’s all this about? You know I’ve been with-”

“Yeah I know you’ve been with lots of girls, Spike! I just didn’t know that your dad was so… aware of your womanizing habits too, okay.”

“What’s that got to do with anyth-”

“Does he think I’m just another fuck N’ run?” There she’d said it.

The fear was pretty stupid she knew, but if Mr. Pratt thought she was just a temporary chick of his son’s arm then he might not really like her at all. He could just be accepting her until she was no longer a part of Spike’s life. If he knew she was holding his son’s heart, the man’s true feelings for her might not turn out to be so pretty.

She was insane, Spike was sure. Right at that moment he’d never thought her more daft than any other time in the past. “Are off your bloody bird?”

“Well how the hell am I supposed to know if he really approves of me if he just thinks I’m another notch on your bedpost, Spike?!” She was on the brink of frustrated tears now and she was so angry with that fact that she almost punched the wall. She had to stop with the water works already!

Spike almost laughed at the simple notion of what she was suggesting, but instead shook his head in complete astonishment. “Buffy I love you, and believe me my old man doesn’t just think you’re another floozy. He definitely approves and he KNOWS you’re important to me!” Why she was getting so worked up over this he wasn’t sure, it wasn’t like her.

She didn’t answer him, and Spike suddenly stepped closer to his girlfriend and noticed her stiffened body and the unshed tears in her eyes. Her hands were clenched into fists and he swore she was shivering. He tilted his head with a questioning expression adorning his face. “What’s bothering you, Buffy?” He knew something else was pushing her. She was too upset about this.

She closed her eyes and deflated, mentally berating herself. How did she manage to- WHY did she even… God, she had another headache. “I’m sorry. I don’t know why I-” Shaking her head, Buffy looked down. “I think I’m just tired.” Her voice was strained as she whispered, and that had Spike engulfing her in another hug.

Then a light bulb went on. “This is ‘bout your mum isn’t it?”

She nodded after a second, and then Spike felt wetness on his chest. She was- Christ he hated it when she cried. “Shh baby, it’s okay. Everything’ll be fine.”

“No it won’t.” She sobbed into his chest. “She hates me!”

“No she doesn’t!” He pulled away to look into her eyes. “She could never hate you, Buffy. She loves you-”

“No! You don’t know what happened when- before- When I was running from the house I-… Spike, we argued and it wasn’t pretty, I’ve never.. I’ve never yelled at her like that before.” She sniffled as tears fell down her cheeks, and Spike had to stop from burrowing her in his bed and keeping her there for eternity just to make sure that nothing ever made her cry again.

Well, he could try couldn’t he? “C’mere.” He took her hand and led her to the mattress, telling her to lie down. Once she was comfortable Spike slid in next to her and pulled his big comforter up from the end of the bed, covering them both. He used his arms to gently take her damp hair off of her neck and drape it along the pillow lying beneath her head. When she was all snuggled in he wrapped her in his arms and kissed her forehead. “We can stay here for as long as you want. Talk, sleep, whatever you need sweetling.”

Buffy leaned up to catch his lips in a sweet kiss. When they pulled away she whispered a “thank you” followed by an “I love you” before burying her head into his cool chest. She sighed raggedly and kissed his skin softly, letting one more tear slip free before she quickly dozed off.

Spike just held her tighter and whispered his feelings in return.

***

They woke up once, an hour after they’d been sleeping peacefully. The following minutes passed with Buffy telling the story of what had happened with her mom earlier on, the entire pregnancy test debacle.

She’d cried some more, but Spike was there for her. He told her that although he didn’t understand it, he was sure Joyce had reasons for not telling her about Drake, ones he knew had to be because of how strongly Mrs. Summers loved her daughter.

Buffy had asked Spike what he thought she should do, and he told her, “Do what you want to do, love.”

She’d laughed and said sarcastically how helpful he was but he’d brushed it off and explained that if she was still angry with Joyce she had a right to be, and if she wasn’t that was understandable too. It really all depended on her emotions, as well as Joyce’s, whose were probably frayed right about now.

Buffy said she didn’t really know how she felt. She knew she was mad, and hurt, but she didn’t want to talk to her mom yet. She just didn’t, and she explained to Spike how it wasn’t because she was avoiding dealing with her, it was because she was so unbelievably angry still.

“What are you most angry about?” He’d asked.

She sighed before responding. “It bothers me that she didn’t tell me about this guy in the beginning, ya know? For all those reasons I told you earlier in the alley, and I feel… isolated. But honestly if it was just that I could deal and go talk to her without throwing things, but it’s what she made you do too.” She looked up at him then.

Spike guiltily ducked his head. “You know she didn’t hold a gun to my head, pet.”

“But she shouldn’t have even ASKED you to do it Spike! And yeah I was angry that you kept it from me, but now that I know you’re not gonna do something like that again and I know your reasons, I forgive you. Maybe she was just as afraid of hurting me as you were, but I don’t believe that. Most of her reasoning was selfish and it pisses me off because she actually had the nerve to ask you to lie to me. She should’ve just told me.”

“Maybe she didn’t know how.”
“Too fucking bad.”

Spike had kept quiet at that point. Personally he could agree with everything Buffy was saying, he saw the logic in it; but he couldn’t tell her that. It would only add more wood to the fire, and this was one time he didn’t want to see his girl all riled up.

Just when Buffy was snuggling back in to fall back asleep for a little while longer, there was a knock on the door. Spike’s dad called through saying something about a telephone and a lady named Willow.

“Willow? Why is she calling you?”

“Better question is how’d she even get my number, pet.” Spike got out of bed and took the phone from his father, nodding his head when Mr. Pratt said that he was going to order the pizza now.

Spike closed his bedroom door and brought the phone up to his ear. “Hello? Yeah, no worries Buffy’s told me ‘bout you. Sure she’s right here hang on.”

He approached his girlfriend who was perched in bed waving her hands erratically at him to give her the phone. “Why is she calling here?”

“Don’ know love, ask her yourself.”

Buffy took the phone. “Willow? Yeah, how’d you get this number?” She looked at Spike as she reiterated the answer she received from her friend. “Oh, right. Phonebook, small town, only name of Pratt, gotchya.”

Spike nodded and sat back down in bed.

“So… what’s up? WHAT?” The Brit listened intently to his girlfriend’s responses while he lay next to her, his hand absentmindedly stroking her hip. “Ugh yeah, look we had a fight it’s a long story and I don’t feel like going into everything right now, but… Well I stormed out and haven’t talked to her since. Yeah, I’m fine don’t worry about it. I’m sorry she bothered you with all of this. No don’t. I-I’ll let her know and I’ll tell her I talked to you. Okay thanks again Wills. I’ll see you later. Bye.”

She hung up then and looked at her boyfriend. “Would your dad care TOO much if I threw this phone against the wall and it smashed into tiny little pieces?”

Spike bit back a grin and looked at said phone as if it might be shaking in fear. He carefully took the device from her hand and set it on his bedside table. “What happened?”

“My mom called Willow in a tizzy asking if she knew where I was. I left my cell at home evidently and so mom asked her to call around to see if she could find me. God, do you know what happens when you tell Willow something COULD, maybe, might POSSIBLY be wrong with someone she cares about? She goes into a fit and has a panic attack. I swear I am going to call my mother and give her an earful, she has no right to go scaring my friends-”

Spike stopped her lunge for the phone and sat in front of her. “Now wait Buffy. I know you’re upset, but your mum’s worried, yeah? S’only natural to fret ‘over people ya love. Don’t yell at her for this.”

“But Willow-”
“I’m sure Willow’ll be fine, she knows that you’re okay.”

Buffy huffed and scowled. “Fine. But still give me the phone I need to call her anyway.”

Spike handed her the device and watched her carefully. He didn’t blame Joyce one bit for worrying about her daughter, hell it was only last night Spike himself had-

Son of a bitch.

The sudden thought brought back an impressive amount of rage, and the Brit quickly bit his tongue before releasing it. How he ever managed to forget about the incident he couldn’t fathom, and it drove him insane with irritation. He and his girl needed to have a little chat after she was done talking on the phone…

“Mom? Yeah it’s me.” Buffy’s voice was drenched with forced civility. “I’m just calling because Willow reached me and told me that you were freaking over where I was. No, I’m at Spike’s. Oh no, we fought. As matter of fact we had a huge argument thanks to you, but we’re fine now. I know you’re sorry but I don’t wanna talk about this right now and say something I can’t take back. I called you, you know I’m alive, now give me some time. I probably won’t be coming home tonight- NO! Don’t even start, I’m seventeen mom and I can spend the night at my boyfriend’s if I want. And if I don’t sleep here I’ll be at Willow’s or Anya’s or something. Now, goodbye.” With that she ended the call, releasing a pained sigh before dropping the phone on the bed.

She looked at Spike and failed to notice his change in demeanor. “Can I spend the night? If not it’s okay, I’m sure I can go to Wills’ but I’d rather be here tonight. Less questions from someone who already knows everything.” She offered a gentle smile, one which was not returned. Spike simply nodded at her request.

“Thank you.” She kissed his cheek but when she pulled away there was what looked like a fresh wave of anger coming from his gaze. “What’s wrong?” She asked with surprise and apprehension.

“Just remembered something’s all.” He said, his face a mask of control. “Last night, your little skip n’ run. We forgot to talk about that.”

Buffy quickly lost all of the nerve she’d ever acquired in the history of her life, and tried a nervous smile. She could tell she was in for it. “Oh.” She breathed out in a high pitched voice. “Yeah um… I was wrong, a total brat, shouldn’t have left, said I was sorry, still am- You want ice cream or somethin?” Her words were fast, and so was the jump she made to get out of the bed.

Spike was faster.

He grabbed her arms in an almost bruising hold and sat her in front of him. “Yeh. You’re sorry. Well, that’s fine Buffy except-…” His nostrils flared, grasping for the control that had left upon his remembering the fright he’d experienced last night. “Do you realize what I bloody went through before Annie called me?!”

And there was the yelling. Shit. “I know.” She said softly. “I’m sorry. I am so so sorry, Spike. I know I shouldn’t have left, I should have told you what was wrong at the very beginning.”

“Do you now? You know that I was havin a fucking heart attack searchin for you, thinkin you were hurt or something? Thinkin that somehow when I wasn’t lookin somethin had happened to you?” He tugged her closer. “I had NO BLOODY CLUE where you were Buffy!”

She had never heard his voice like this before. It was full of choked anger and irritation, and it was breaking her apart with guilt. “I’m sorry, Spike. I’ll never just leave like that again, I promise.”

“Oh you’d better not.” He shook his head with the statement, his voice a growl. “If you pull something like that again we’re gonna have a problem. I didn’t know WHERE YOU WERE, I was comin outta my skin, Buffy. Do you understand? I’ve never been so damned worried in my entire sodding life and-…” He broke off, his voice choked. “I couldn’t find you...”

She had tears in her eyes, and he was so angry. She couldn’t believe she’d really frightened him so badly, she knew how she’d feel if she ever truly believed he was in danger, and she hated herself for putting him through that. “I heard your voicemails. I’m so sorry I scared you and I promise you, I PROMISE YOU, I will never do something like that again okay? Never.” She kissed him, a lone tear fell from his eyes and at the sensation hers fell too.

They pulled away after a moment. “No. Oh God no baby please stop crying. I’m angry but I didn’t want- Fuck I-”

“I’ll stop if you stop.” She laughed, wiping at his eyes.

Spike leaned into her hand and left a kiss on her palm, releasing a shuddering breath. “Don’t ever scare me like that again, you understand me?” Their eyes locked.

She nodded. “I won’t.”

***

They went back to bed after that fight. Spike’s arms were wrapped around her form, her right leg in between his bent knees. Her hands were curled in front of her, her wrists pressed against his chest. He could hear Buffy snoring quietly, almost delicately, and his face was at just the right angle where he could sniff her hair. His dad would let them know when the pizza got here, and until then, he planned on holding his girl for as long as possible.
End Notes:
Please review! Im a little worried about this chapter (even though i edited the crap out of it) so please let me know if it flows alright! :) *huggles!*
Also, the scene with the guitar and the singing... okay I just couldn't help myself, i thought i was beyond cute! I just hope you all agreed!
Chapter 36 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
i know i know, it's been a while. But im gonna try to get these updates a little quicker because i wanna finish this story soon, though that plan might fall through if my muse decides to get really tired or something so idk, prepare for anything! I might even wanna make this story much longer, ya never know!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chappie! :)
She woke up first, and when she did Buffy contented herself with gazing down at Spike’s form. His face held a happy relaxed expression and his eyelashes fluttered every now and then. His sleep mussed hair tempted her fingers where it rested on her chest. Her hand moved almost without thought, and wove its way through the curls.

It was so soft. From the way he slicked it back and cropped his curls all the time, not to mention the bleach, you’d think Spike’s hair would be damaged beyond all repair to the point where it felt like straw. But oh wasn’t that a misconception.

His platinum strands were free of all junk and dirt, and they were cool from the recent dampness that’d dried not too long ago. She found herself twisting the curls gently through her fingers as she watched her boyfriend sleeping against her breast, and he smiled languidly.

He probably knows that his face is right on my boob.

Her mind wandered to possible hairstyles this man could hold. Being as beautiful a creature as he was, Buffy figured there probably wasn’t much he couldn’t pull off. His natural color must be the shade of his eyebrows, in which case she was assuming dark brown.

The bleached look she honestly liked on him, but she did use it to poke fun at him every now and then, as well as for insults in spats. She still wouldn’t want him to change it though. There wasn’t anything she wanted him to change about himself truthfully.

The white locks on his head brought out his eyes and his already severe cheekbones, and it somehow fit his character. So strange and yet so not when you looked at him. Bleached hair just suited Spike well.

Buffy tilted her head and smiled warmly when her guy let out a soft sigh. She took the hand that rested on his arm and brought it up to join her other in the man’s hair. Buffy started tugging the curls gently into a sort of Mohawk and she smiled when she could get a good mental image of what he’d look like with such a hairdo.

She was so gonna get him to let her do it, one way or another. She might need gel but she wanted to see him with a Mohawk now!

Black eyeliner too, to complete the punk-ish look. Ooh she really hoped Spike would let her play dress up with him sometime soon!

With a soft giggle Buffy imagined what his reaction would be to her requests. The eyeliner she thought she could get him to do but the Mohawk… she’d have to beg.

Or bribe.

Maybe he’d let her do it if she promised to dress up for HIM…

That thought was both thrilling and terrifying.

Oh how awesome would it be if she got him to put on those elusive glasses she’d been forbidden to see?!

Spike had sworn she’d never get a look at him in those “bloody things”, but Buffy was determined. Biting her lip she tried to think of what she could promise him, or do so that she could get a look at him in his glasses. Nerdy Spike sounded too good to be true and honestly, very much with the hot.

She let out a small involuntary gasp. Oh boy she couldn’t wait to get into role play with him. They’d actually had some short conversations on the erotic topic.

Looking around the room from where she laid in the bed Buffy peered on with a prying eye, trying to spot his spectacles.

She couldn’t see anything remotely glasses-like, and she was sure she would’ve noticed them earlier if they were just lying out and about in his room. He’d probably hidden them away.

She groaned. He was such a spoilsport!

Buffy looked at Spike with a reflexive pout and sighed through her nose. She really wanted to see him in his glasses, and then play with his hair and put eyeliner on him!

Was it weird she wanted to make her boyfriend let her treat him like a doll?

Buffy shook her mind of the annoying thought and pursed her lips. There had to be something that-

She grinned like the Cheshire cat when a very blatant and obvious solution hit her.

Her skin prickled in excitement and apprehension when she allowed her eyes to travel to where the blanket covered their entwined legs. Buffy looked back at Spike’s peaceful face. He was sound asleep, and she had wanted to try this before…

It was the perfect opportunity.

She just hoped his dad didn’t walk in or knock while she was in the middle of her task.

With that scary thought in mind, Buffy almost reeled back, but instead shook off the nerves and moved quickly. She carefully slipped out from under Spike’s head and arm, only to crawl down his body and under the comforter.

She hadn’t lifted the blanket on purpose, wanting the protective cover as if to shield her inexperience.

Sure, the whole process itself seemed simple enough. Lick, suck, swallow, pretend it’s a popsicle- All that stuff. But she knew there was more to it. She’d read some things in Cosmo and stuff, and she’d mentally stored any information away for future use if and when she decided to use it.

Except now all of the things she thought she’d “learned” from her… studies, had flown out the window and left her mind blank.

There was no pressure here, Spike would never make her feel inadequate, and he wasn’t even awake so Buffy could take her sweet time talking herself into this. Except she was still nervous, and she was pretty sure that she wasn’t going to be very good her first time at giving a blowjob.

Something close enough to courage started to flow through Buffy as she took a deep breath. She pulled the blanket away just enough from above her head so that some light shone onto where she needed it. She glanced back up at her boyfriend’s slumbering, unaware face and found herself smiling at the boyishness of his features. He looked so innocent, totally different from how he acted when awake. But Buffy knew that this shy sweetness was actually a big part of Spike, he just chose to try and keep it hidden.

Letting her eyes travel down his bare torso she licked her lips. Her gaze reached the top of his sweatpants, and with a gulp, she pulled down the waistband.

Spike’s semi-hard cock rested against his thigh, and Buffy idly wondered how the hell he had ever fit inside her tiny body.

Then a much more startling thought flitted through her head.

How was she supposed to get that in her mouth?

Okay you’ve gotten this far, Buffy. She told herself.

With a mental pat on the shoulder, and an internal reminder that deep-throat fortunately wasn’t the only thing guys enjoyed while getting serviced, Buffy bit her lip and leaned in, tasting the tip of him.

The flavor didn’t really hit her tongue until she’d done a fourth experimental lick.

Buffy let out a breath and looked up at Spike again who’d done no more than groan in his sleep so far at her ministrations. She leaned forward and took the full head of his cock inside her mouth, suckling sweetly like it was a lollipop.

Closing her eyes she forced herself to relax and just do as she thought was right. She experimented, nibbled and lapped at him, paying most of her attention to the head.

A shaky intake of breath and some movement made her glance up at her boyfriend, but he was still asleep, just blissfully and subconsciously enjoying her work.

Buffy lifted his hardening erection until her hand found his balls; she softly squeezed and gently played with his sack as her mouth went back to his cock.

She took him in deeper this time, moaning inaudibly around his skin. His hips were moving more, jerking himself between her lips and striving to go farther, trying to find all the warmth he could.

A loud moan and then a gruffly muttered “Buffy” drew her eyes but not her lips away from the task at hand- er, mouth.

Spike’s now wide open baby blues- scratch that. His eyes were basically black, his pupils so dilated that Buffy almost stopped what she was doing at the sight. His gaze engulfed her, made her feel important and loved from just the look he sent her way. She kept fondling and sucking and bobbing her head a little, going carefully in giving him pleasure.

Spike was ready to grab her and attack her with nothing but lust controlling him, and she was sure he would’ve done just that had she not been keeping him as her willing prisoner by moaning around his cock. Her name was silky and yet ragged coming from his mouth, and the sound of him whimpering had her growing braver.

Buffy broke contact with his eyes and wrapped her free hand around the base of his erection to hold him as she lowered her mouth as much as she could force, his prick not quite touching the back of her throat. She closed her eyes and sucked as she glided back up, tugging and twisting her hand with her movements.

Spike let out a restrained curse and Buffy decided to try that move again, this time quicker while hollowing out her cheeks.

She was rewarded with a very loud “Bloody Hell!”

The woman gradually created a rhythm, never pausing the hand which still touched and played with his balls. Every little sigh and curse he emitted sent a feeling of pride through her, and Buffy marveled at the fact that she was actually able to reduce him to this quivering mass of limbs.

“Fuck yeah baby jus’ like that.” Spike pleaded, looking at her as she continued working him with her mouth. She was hidden away under those covers, the only part of her he could see being her beautiful face and fingers which wrapped around his cock.

“Christ!” Spike exclaimed and jumped against his will when she started to nibble and kiss the head of him. “God I love you.” He said as he gazed down at her, his hand releasing the sheet from his death grip to gently pull Buffy’s hair out of her face.

She smiled up at him before taking just the head of his cock back into her mouth and moaning as she suckled. His hips bucked up and he had to force himself with all of his might to stop from grabbing her head and pounding into her mouth.

She kept pumping his erection with her left hand as she brought her lips away. Before Spike could protest she moved her tongue to his balls and started delicately lapping at them, and she grinned wide against his skin when he growled, not seeing his eyes roll up in pleasure. Buffy used her whole mouth to kiss and tongue his soft flesh, loving every endearment that fell from Spike’s lips.

She moved her attention back to his cock when he begged for it and the second she engulfed him, Spike cried out. He talked of her warmth, her wet tongue and her amazing touches and she was already growing addicted to his reactions and words. She was growing addicted to his taste, starting to crave the whimpers he released when she glided her teeth gently along the length of him. Craving his fingers in her hair, the shallow thrusting of his hips into her mouth, and she still desired more. She wanted him to growl, and so she started suckling the head of his cock again, and she ran her fingernails up and down his prick, relishing the gasping sound he made.

She started pumping him again, up and down, up and down in time with her mouth. Humming around him, twisting tighter, tighter, until he was begging her for more. She moved faster and squeezed him and hollowed out her cheeks. Her tongue never stopped playing with him, didn’t refrain from swirling around the head every time she came to it. Her other hand massaged his balls, her moans rippled through him, and she caught his eyes in her own.

She dared him to come, she wanted his release, she wanted to taste it all. She wanted him writhing beneath her, she wanted his fingers tugging at her scalp and his cock pushing through her lips faster, harsher. She wanted him to fuck her mouth and she told him so with her eyes. She suckled the tip of his shaft tortuously until she was forcing him to push her further down his cock. She pumped him faster, she squeezed him a little harder, she pulled away and stared him down from between his legs and under the cover. Buffy slowed down her strokes and tilted her head almost tauntingly at him, her fingers still working over his moist skin as she spoke. “What do you want?” She asked daringly, her eyes glittering.

Spike almost sputtered as he tried to regain human speech. “Your mouth, love. God, y-your perfect mouth.”

She dipped her head again to apply a long lick from base to tip, twirling the point of her tongue around the head just for a moment before pulling away again. “There Spikey?”

“Yessss.” He hissed out in a pleasured/pained voice with his back arching.

Buffy gave him another long tortuous lick, nibbling the head this time on her way up. Then Spike lost the warmth of her and almost screamed in objection. She was just a little tease this one.

“Say please.” She said.

His eyes flashed and Buffy bit her lower lip to avoid smiling. That was more like it.

“PLEASE… get back down there.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Hmmm, make me.” She taunted, her lips achingly close to his hard on. She wished he would take what he wanted already, she wanted the harsh primitive control over her movements, she wanted his hands pulling at her hair and pushing her head down, she wanted it all.

“Buffy…” He said in a warning tone.
The girl looked up and smirked into his eyes. “Make me, Spike.”

Again his eyes burned brightly, and that was it.

He moved his hand and before she knew it, he’d wrapped her hair in his fist and craned her neck just enough not to hurt her.

When she couldn’t hold back an indulgent smile was when her face was pushed lower, and he leered with a nasty, open mouthed smirk. “C’mon kitten, know you want it.”

Her stubborn inner nature riled slightly but she found that the larger, more submissive (and surprising) part of her rejoiced at the taunting in his tone, the assuredness. Her mouth licked teasingly at his head again, and the moan he emitted was worth the world.

When she stopped her attentive actions she waited for- There it was. The tugging on her hair and the warning growl she loved to hear him make. The urging he did with both his eyes and his hands. She enveloped him again, this time completely and started sucking him in earnest as his moans got louder, as his gasps became harsher.

Locking eyes with her boyfriend, Buffy perched between his thighs and bent down with her palms flat on the mattress. She hummed and swirled her tongue, nibbling the head of his cock whenever she could knowing already how much he enjoyed it. Then cool air suddenly touched her previously covered thighs and her gaze widened as she paused. He’d ripped the blanket away.

But for the look in his eyes when he saw all of her, Buffy realized the bit of alarm she’d felt at having her veil removed was unfounded. She hadn’t really thought about the rest of her body’s positioning until the comforter was gone, and now she recognized that she probably looked very appetizing to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend who called her kitten and was possessive in a way that she loved.

Wearing nothing other than his T-shirt, her back arched with her butt in the air and her head dipped low, his cock in between her lips. Oh yeah, she bet he loved the show, and from the lust in his eyes and the slight tightening of his hand in her hair, she knew she’d win the bet.

“Buffy…”

The trembling release of her name had her start up her suckling and licking again on overtime. She was turned on from his arousal, from the hardness she felt in her mouth and the bitter yet soft fluid that flavored him. It was time to finally get her prize, she wanted him to cum so badly it nearly felt like she was working for her own release.

Spike was drowning in her heat, the velvet milky feel of her mouth on him as she sped up her ministrations to blissful and tortuous motions. She was moving quicker than she had once yet, and he knew he wasn’t going to last very much longer. He thrust into her mouth and groaned when she sucked, gasped when she moaned. He felt like he was on the brink of paradise, and he loved that she loved when he forced himself inside deeper. When he pushed her head down with movements that felt more involuntary than not.

He craned his neck back painfully when she mewled at the back of her throat, the vibrations tickling him to where he was grasping for sanity.

God, she loved him.

His moans were loud enough she was sure for his father to hear should the man be on this floor, and the fear had Buffy working even faster to get Spike to cum, while similarly didn’t threaten her to stop her playtime at all. She couldn’t stop, hated the simple idea of it. She wouldn’t pause until Spike had finished and she’d swallowed him down.

When she mewled again, only this time louder and still without any real force behind it, he granted her wish. He said something she discerned as a warning but similarly ignored. Her eyes bulged somewhat when his first potent stream hit her tongue, and then she drank. She drank as each ropey shot alerted her taste buds, touched the insides of her cheeks and teeth. She hummed to draw out his pleasure as best she could and arched her back as the drinking she did fell in effort with her whole body. Her right hand engulfed him and encouragingly squeezed the base of his shaft as she downed every drop he offered, while he moaned his praises and whimpered his bliss into the air.

Buffy had never breathed anything sweeter.

When she was as positive as one could be in her situation that he was finished, she let him slip from her mouth and felt the now slack hold on her hair fall limp in the form of his hand at her side. Buffy lapped at his softening cock gingerly, attentively. She felt herself humming contentedly and when she looked up Spike’s eyes were cloudy, stirring as awareness slowly seeped back in.

She rested her head on his inner thigh and gently stroked his cock in languid, unrushed moves. It was strange that she felt so relaxed, almost as if his climax had been hers. Well, it was hers. It was what she’d wrought from him, what she’d been given, what he’d offered. And she loved it.

When a very gruff demand to “Get the bloody hell up here” was uttered from somewhere above her head, Buffy simply continued her soft touches, not moving from her spot. “I’m very happy where I am, thank you.” She said.

Then her upper arms were gripped roughly and she was tugged away from the place she’d been so comfortable. But then he was kissing her and it didn’t matter. She molded into him. Her hands holding the side of his neck as her tongue was brought into a frenzy, as he passionately tore at her lips and whispered how much he loved her without words.

When they parted it was a storm she saw behind his eyes, a violent one that rained with adoration and lust, no matter how died out the latter emotion should be right now. “You’re bloody incredible.”

It was a heated expression and she felt herself blushing, no matter how hard she fought it off. Then his eyes did a side-to-side thing and her mouth was once again possessed, Spike’s teeth nibbling on her lower lip affectionately.

“Fuckin’ blushin still, Christ I can’t get enough f’you.”

Buffy smiled softly and rested her forehead to his. “How’d ya sleep?” She asked sweetly.

“Best kip f’had in a while, though I’ve gotta admit the wakeup call was even better.” He grinned and gave her another kiss. “Never awoken with an angel between my thighs ‘fore. Best soddin thing in the world.”

She blushed again, but didn’t try to stop it this time and dipped her gaze to stare at his perfect chest. “So it was… Um, I mean, it was.. It was okay?” She glanced up and at Spike’s look she offered a small, tightlipped smile. “My first time and all, ya know.”

“Never would have guessed ‘f I didn’ know better, sweetness.”

She smiled genuinely at that, and a little proudly too. “I figured you wouldn’t mind me.. ya know, trying while you were asleep. It was a little… easier for me.”

His eyes warmed and then he nuzzled her nose with his. “I understand. But I wouldn’t have-”

“I know.” Buffy interrupted. “I just- I wanted to… take my time and, explore.” More blushing. “I liked.. tasting you. Now I know your flavor and hey, it isn’t as bad as I’ve heard it’s supposed to be.” She whispered that whole admission, smiling shyly at her own words.

Spike was, yet again, charmed by her. Christ the things this girl did to his heart. “That’s a compliment and a half, love.” He snuggled her closer to him. “My girl likes sucking me off, then?”

Her wide eyes snapped up to his, and Spike grinned evilly at her expression. She was still his innocent Buffy no matter how much he brought out the naughty in her. God he loved her, loved making her blush twenty shades of red, too. “I think you’re perfect, ya know that?” He chuckled, and the sound warmed Buffy whole.

“Yeah? Well thanks, I think you’re pretty okay, too.”

“‘Pretty okay’? S’that all I get?”

She pursed her lips and looked at the ceiling, seeming to think about it while she shifted a little on his lap. Humming her consideration, Buffy said, “Hmmm. Well, I guess I could bump you up to Terrific, but Perfect is gonna take a while.”

He frowned challengingly. “S’that so? An what do I have to do to be moved up on your little list?”

Buffy saw the open opportunity and took it while barely withholding a grin. “I’ve got some other guys who you’re gonna have to beat out. I think… Johnny holds the title of Perfect right now.”

Instantaneous reaction. God she loved that! “Who the hell is Johnny?!”

She could tell he was more angry at the unknown male than at her, and she knew it would dissipate just as quickly in a moment… most likely. “Johnny Depp. Sorry sweetie, but, he does play Captain Jack Sparrow.” She sighed dramatically. “You just can’t compete with that.”

She went to unfold herself from his arms but he tugged her back in for a kiss that left her dizzy, and then he murmured against her lips ardently. “Jack’s got nothin on me, darlin. An m’gonna show you just-”

A knock at the door followed by Charlie Pratt’s voice announcing the arrival of pizza stopped Spike in the middle of his sentence, and the younger Brit had to reply saying him and Buffy would both be out in a minute before he could realize Miss Summers was already moving out of his lap.

Buffy kindly drew Spike’s sweats back over his hips and left a kiss on his taught stomach, smiling at him as she pulled herself off the bed to stretch.

“Pizza sounds soooo good right now. I’m starving.”

Spike stood and quickly enveloped Buffy in his embrace, kissing and nibbling her throat. “Hmm. An here I thought you’d just eaten.”

She rolled her eyes, a blush following close behind. Her hands went to the back of his head as his found her waist. “Well as filling as- uh- a-as that was, I need food that’ll provide actual sustenance.” She gasped when he nibbled on a sensitive spot by her ear and clutched him tighter despite her next words. “Could you go get my clothes please?”

She’d just said it so damn sweetly that Spike felt himself pulling away, although he groaned in protest and she whimpered inaudibly. “I’ll go grab em. Tell da that your sleepin over too while’m at it.”

She stopped him from leaving at that. “Oh Spike, I didn’t think about- about what your dad would say. If he doesn’t want me spending the night that’s totally fine I’ll just-”

“Nonsense. He won’t mind, Buffy. I promise. He may ask f’your mum knows but she does so it’s nothin to worry over.”

She almost looked ready to offer another “but if” statement, then stopped herself. The woman simply nodded and kissed Spike’s cheek kindly before he went to grab her clothes, squeezing her hand on the way out.

Buffy then turned and surveyed the now quiet bedroom, a grin spreading across her face.

Time to find those glasses.

***

Spike headed to basement, meeting his father in the kitchen on the way back up to his bedroom.

“Hey da, Buffy’s spendin the night. S’no problem right?”

Charlie blinked. Then blinked again at his son before nodding. “Sure. Does her mother know?”

“Yeh. She already called her.”

“Okay then. Now hurry down to eat before the food gets cold.”

“Will do.”

Then the teenager left, leaving Mr. Pratt to ponder over his son actually ASKING his permission about letting a guest spend the night. His behavior was just… GOOD as of late, and Charles had an inkling that the girl upstairs had a lot to do with it.

He knew there was a reason he’d liked her.

***

He sputtered. Literally sputtered at the sight that greeted him back upstairs.

The room looked ransacked. Drawers were open, clothes were tossed on the floor, his trunk at the end of his bed was wide open, and Buffy stood in the middle of the mess with her back to him.

It looked like a tornado had run through.

“What the-”

And then she turned around looking very unapologetic for the mess she’d obviously made, and she had his eyeglasses perched on her nose.

“Where d’you find tho-”

“In the trunk.” She smiled, her hands clasped behind her back and a very pleased look adorning her features. “I can’t see out of them, but if I keep them low on my nose I can still wear them without bumping into things.”

Spike’s jaw dropped. He wanted to be annoyed, he really did. But she looked so adorably nerdy and sexy in his spectacles that he couldn’t do anything except close the bedroom door while staring at her.

Then she bit her lip. “I’ll clean up the mess I made, I just really, really wanted ta find these.” Buffy adjusted the glasses again and shuffled closer to him. “Thought maybe I could get you to wear them for me.”

He balked at that. “Love, m’not gonna lie, you look adorable in those specs f’mine but it’ll be a cold day in hell ‘fore you see me in em.”

She pouted, and he clenched his jaw at the sight. “Please?”

With a sigh he asked, “Why?”

“Because I think you’d look sexy in them…” Buffy toed the ground like a three year old begging for candy, and he almost crumbled. Almost.

There was a little twinkle in her eye that he didn’t like, and so Spike went with his gut when he asked, “Why do I get the feelin throwin on those glasses isn’t the only thing you’re gonna ask me to do?”

Buffy bit her lip again and looked up at him with deliberate puppy eyes, and Spike just tilted his head in question, trying not to let her get to him. “Well… I thought maybe I could play with your hair sometime… and put makeup on you?”

“WHAT?!” He bellowed, and Buffy just giggled.

“I’m joking! Relax! Well, partially anyway. When you were asleep I was kinda wondering what you’d look like with black eyeliner and a Mohawk.”

His eyes bulged before he stormed ahead, took the glasses off of Buffy’s face, and put them on himself. “There. See? Now this is all you’re gettin from me. Ya got that?”

She didn’t answer, just smiled slowly as she looked at him. Before Spike could say anything else she’d jumped forward and latched her mouth to his. He grabbed hold of her, dropping the clothes in his hands to the floor.

Buffy bit at his bottom lip playfully before pulling away. “God I knew you’d be hot in those.”

He raised his eyebrows, getting his breath back with shallow pants. “You think I look-”

“Damnably sexy with crooked glasses on your face?” She grinned wider than the Grinch that stole Christmas. “God yes!”

Then she was kissing him again, and Spike realized he didn’t give a fuck if she did dress him up like a Barbie if it meant she’d be this happy and frisky about it.

***

Finally dressed and detached, Spike and Buffy made their way down the stairs for dinner. It hadn’t taken THAT long to stop herself from kissing him, but the make out session had definitely lasted a full ten minutes.

He leaned forward from behind her, his hand was clasped in hers and she felt him lightly brushing against her hair. “Are you sniffing me, Spike?”

He hummed something inaudible and then responded. “Maybe.”

With a huff of laughter she smiled fondly. “Freak.”

His arm wrapped around her waist when they hit the first floor just then, and he hauled her close into him. “Not my fault my girlfriend smells so bloody good all the time.”

“Oh like strawberries and champagne you mean?”

He groaned and released her, muttering something that sounded like “Shoulda hid the damn conditioner.”

She grabbed a lock of her own hair and brought it up to her nose demonstratively. “Mmmm. Smells divine! All fruity and sweet, I love it!”

“Buffy…” He warned, though there was no malice behind it, just pleading.

She turned to face him but kept walking. “Now Spike, every girl loves a guy with a… feminine side. It’s okay!” She teased as he followed her into the kitchen.

“What’s this you two are on about now?” Charles Pratt asked as he walked up to them, passing Buffy when he went to open the still untouched pizza box.

“Oh I was just talking about Spike’s choice in bath products.” She responded kindly, the nerves she’d felt at facing his father again completely gone in lieu of this fun topic. “He has some very fruity choices in conditioner.”

Charles snorted. “Doesn’ surprise me. You know when he was a tot he used to enjoy making jam with his mum. The sweeter the better.”

“Dad!”

“Really?!”

The teens almost shouted out in unison, but Charlie paid attention only to the lady. “Oh yes. Him and Anne used to spend hours jarring different sorts of preserves. I think his favorite flavor was strawberry, am I right William?”

Spike sputtered, trying to sound threatening and angry, but it all fell out as garbled broken noises in response to his father’s spilling of embarrassing childhood hobbies.

Buffy was too fast for him to even try and protest anything with real English speech.

“Oh! What else did Spi- William, like to do as a kid?” She asked excitedly.

Charlie looked at the animated blonde and smiled warmly. She was rather adorable wasn’t she? Well who was he to deny her happiness. “Well, he certainly liked his tea.”

“Dad!”

Charles continued on as if he hadn’t even heard Spike’s complaint. “Used to dress up an host tea parties this one.”

The man nodded at Spike and walked over to the kitchen table as if he hadn’t just humiliated the poor young Brit in front of his girlfriend.

Buffy almost collapsed.

She stood frozen, her mouth widening with her eyes into a shocked countenance as she turned to face Spike. Her expression said everything he needed to know to want the floor to swallow him whole.

She would have appreciated the blush on his face, if she weren’t so speedily focused on grabbing a plate full of pizza so she could sit down with Mr. Pratt and prod him for more details about little William’s life.

The girl sat, and Spike almost whimpered in pain as his father started answering her questions in truthful replies.

“He used to dress up? Like, in girl’s clothes you mean?”

“Well, no actually. He’d put on my suits and set up stuffed animals on little chairs you see, then ask me or his mum to put the kettle on for tea.”

Buffy couldn’t hold back her squeal, and she ignored Spike’s now loud protests as the bleached teen got himself a plate of food. “Oh my Gosh, you’re kidding!”

“Not in the slightest, dear.” Charles replied fondly. “He even had a special set to play with, wouldn’t use any other sorts of cups.”

“Dad!” Spike bellowed, and looked down at his pizza. He didn’t know why he’d even filled a plate, he was losing his appetite quickly.

Charlie ignored him. “You know I think we still have that tea set come to think f’it. Might be packed away upstairs somewhere.”

Buffy giggled. “I bet it’s pretty isn’t it?”

Charles nodded. “I believe there are roses and tulips on it if I remember correctly.”

“Roses and soddin daises!” Spike yelled in anger and autocorrect, but then he realized what he’d let slip and hopped on top of the counter, burying his head in his hands.

Buffy started laughing uncontrollably, and Charles couldn’t help but chuckle happily.

In between gulps of air the girl managed to get enough words out to ask Mr. Pratt what else his son was like when he was little, and Charlie started on a story about one time at an amusement when-

“Please God make it stop.” Spike muttered to himself.

Buffy looked over at her boyfriend as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She was so unbelievably happy but the picture of her boyfriend ready to rip his own hair out made her clam up as much as she could.

“Maybe we should give him a break.”

“Yeah…” Buffy nodded at Charlie’s halfhearted offer. She could tell he wasn’t really bothered by Spike’s embarrassment, but she took the suggestion anyway. “I think we’re gonna break him or something.” She giggled softly.

Spike looked up then, and sighed gratefully before joining them at the table. He grumbled while he ate. “M’gonna get back at you for this.”

“Oh yeah?” Buffy responded to the threat. “How? You’ll stop making me jam?”

Spike growled. “I bet Joyce has some fun stories I can get outta her sometime, yeah pet?”

Buffy’s eyes widened slightly and then she went back to eating. “Shutting up now.”

***

Some more tales of Spike’s toddler and preteen days were shared a little while later, but these were much less embarrassing to the now seventeen year old male, so only light protests and grumbling were put up in futile attempts to stub Buffy’s curiosity.

Walking to the sink to wash her dish, Buffy started soaping up a sponge just before Charlie stopped her. “Dear, you don’t have to do that. Just leave the things in the sink, I’ll get to them later.”

She shook her head and looked at him. “Oh no, I really don’t mind doing it. Besides, you ordered the pizza and you’re letting me stay over, the least I can do is wash some dishes. Spike, will you get me the other plates please?”

Charlie sent an impressed, slightly surprised look in his son’s direction where it was met with a happy one of the teenager’s own.

“Sure, doll.” Spike grabbed the two empty plates still on the table and brought them over to where Buffy was placing hers in the strainer. His girl was probably the best chit to bring around a parent. She was polite, had been sweet and endearing (without even trying) during dinner, and now she was cleaning the kitchenware.

It wasn’t as if it wasn’t already obvious that his dad liked her, but this was just another thing that Spike knew was making his father adore Buffy.

The young Brit kissed her cheek as he started drying the things she washed, and Charlie stared in shock.

Bloody hell this girl was a gem. Even his unruly, hardheaded son was helping clean up- in front of him no less!

Charles walked up to Buffy and gratefully thanked her. He sent an approving look in Spike’s direction, and then left the room with a smile on his face. The young lady was good for his son, and he couldn’t be happier for the two of them if he tried. It was so obvious they were in love, he’d seen it during dinner, heard it in the way they teased and talked with each other, and it’d all reminded him of Anne and himself years ago.
End Notes:
Leave a review please :)

Btw im almost positive i never mentioned Spike's mother's name before, but if I have and i ever said it was anything other than Anne, then I'm sure i was having a really weird day when i typed that because her name is definitely Anne in this story. Just had to put that out there in case i make a fluke.
Chapter 37 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Again I'm sorry I'm late. I promise I'm not forgetting about this story, this whole month has been crazy and the last week was the worst. I haven't had time to write and I honestly put the task off for too long to catch up easily. Here's number 37, I hope you enjoy!
Later that same night they were lying in bed, spontaneously partaking in tickle fights and kissage. Buffy rested in Spike’s arms wearing his same T-shirt from earlier, the black cotton one which tempted the Brit into touching his girl more often than it didn’t. Of course, Buffy wouldn’t let him get too far in his explorations.

“Spike. I am not having… you know, with your dad right down the hall!” She stage whispered.

He chuckled and pouted, somehow at the same time. “He won’ hear a thing, love.”

“Tchyea! Sure he won’t.” A roll of the eyes.

Spike tugged her closer and started lightly kissing her neck. “Mmm. It’s not my fault you can’t keep from screaming.”

“Actually it is and oh my God I really just said that didn’t I.” She gasped involuntarily at the feel of his lips. “Shit your ego so did not need any stroking!”

He laughed heartily. “Maybe you wanna stroke somethin else eh pet?”

“Spike! Enough.” She scolded and gave him a look. Her boyfriend sighed and nodded.

“Alright. But im gonna have ta ravage you tomorrow.”

She kissed his cheek. “That is fine by me. Just not when your dad’s… ya know. Right down the hall!”

Spike rolled his eyes. “You’ll just be lucky if I don’ maul you while we’re at that bloody place with your friends tomorrow. Whassit called? The Bronze or somethin?”

Buffy blinked a couple of times. “Oh, right. I forgot about that.” She looked down and bit her lip. “I’ll call Willow tomorrow and get the details.”

Spike studied her a moment. “What’s wrong sweetheart?”

“Nothing. I’ve just gotta talk to mom tomorrow I remembered.” She looked up at him and offered a small smile, though it didn’t reach her eyes. “I’ll be fine.”

Spike frowned, and swallowed before responding. “Do you want me to come with you?”

“No. It’s okay. I think it’s better if I talk to her on my own anyway. Less chance of a fight that way, ya know?” A frown slowly took over her face as she started to chew on her lip again. “Maybe.”

Spike gave her a comforting smile. “M’sure it’ll be fine, pet.”

Buffy sighed and snuggled into him. “I hope so.”

And then he kissed her before getting out of bed and turning out the light. He walked back to Buffy and pulled away the covers to get in beside her. She sat up so he could wrap his arms around her and laid back down where his chest became her pillow.

“Ya know it’s really cool of your dad to let us share a bed tonight. Especially considering…” She blushed in the darkness. “Well, ya know, how he found us earlier…”

Spike smirked. “Well your mum said it was alright for you to stay over, love. ‘Sides, I think he knows it’s a bit late to do anythin ‘bout that kinda stuff. I’ve had dames spend the night befor-”

“Okay enough talking. I got it.”

Spike mentally groaned and smacked himself. Damn. “M’sorry.” He mumbled.
She shuffled. “It’s okay.”

“He likes you ya know.” He felt her eyes land on him, though he couldn’t quite see her face. “My dad. He likes you. Know I already mentioned it but just thought I’d say it again. During dinner I could tell he thought you were bloody marvelous.” Spike smiled, thinking to himself Like father like son.

And even in the darkness of the unlit room, her grin was so bright he could see it like a beacon. “I like him too, he’s really nice.”

Spike smiled. “Figured that. Since you din’t want him hearin any hanky panky comin from ma room tonight, can only guess it’s cause you care ‘bout what he thinks.”

She felt the blush as it rose to her cheeks. “Well on top of the facts that ONE, it’s just weird. And two, I already got caught once making out with Riley by his dad and that was so beyond horri-”

Buffy found herself pinned beneath an angry boyfriend the next second. His lips mauled hers and she arched instinctively into him. The thrusts of his tongue were rough and the clashing of their mouths frenzied. Yummy jealous Spike kisses. Always of the good.

He pulled away breathless, his voice coarse. “What was that ‘bout Captain Cardboard now?”

She was breathing heavily and ragged, if he could see her in the dark he’d notice the small smile upon her mouth. “We got caught making out in his dad’s study once. Bad results.”

Spike growled. Yep. And though Buffy was accustomed to it, it still turned her on way more than it probably should.

“Well that won’t be happenin, seein as I know what m’doin when it’s concernin my girl.” He bent to start suckling on her neck as he ground into the apex of her thighs. “I’d never let anyone else see how you get when m’touchin you. That view is specially meant for me.”

“Guh.” Yes that was her. Buffy and her eloquent way of speaking. Oh and look, there went Spike laughing at her as he continued the assault on her throat. Typical.

His fingers flexed around her wrists where he held them. “You know it won’t exactly help when I talk to my mom tomorrow and she sees a bunch of hickeys all over my neck.”

“Don’ appreciate hearin ‘bout other blokes touchin you when you’re in my bed, sweetling.”

She giggled. “Well that’ll teach you to talk about letting other girls have sleepovers with you when I’m in your bed, Spikey.”

He pulled back. “Oh.”

She nodded. “Mhm, yeah. Now.” She leaned up and pecked his lips, wriggling out of his grip. “We should get some sleep. It’s already like two in the morning.”

He settled down next to her, sighing when she curled into his arms again. He loved the feel of her next to him, sharing space and snuggling close to his chest. “Goodnight Spike. I love you.”

His grin shone in the darkness, his arms tightening around her. “I love you too Buffy.”

He felt her smile against his skin and she was the first to fall asleep. Her soft snores gently hit his neck, the wisps of air both warming and cooling him. His nose brushed the top of her hair and his fingers played absently against her cotton covered lower back.

Sleep tugged at him, Spike’s eyelids falling closed as he drifted off, all the while listening to the lullaby of Buffy’s breathing.

***

She woke up the next day in his arms. Her guy slept while holding her, and Buffy watched him for what could’ve been hours before sneaking out of bed and getting into the shower. She quickly washed and then dressed, throwing her hair into a ponytail and dressing in her clothes from the previous day. She idly forced herself to ignore the morning taste in her mouth and once again rolled her eyes at her dental hygiene luck.

Buffy tiptoed back into Spike’s bedroom and threw the shirt of his she’d worn to bed back on over her already covered torso. She was playing the devoted girlfriend by swiping his T-shirt, she just had to keep tell herself that so she didn’t feel guilty for stealing his clothes.

Though she didn’t really feel that guilty.

Buffy leaned over her boyfriend’s sleeping form and kissed his cheek. “Wake up sleepyhead.” Truthfully she was loathe to wake him, but the girl knew he would kick her butt if she left without telling him. And a note would just make him angry.

“Spikey…” She moved her lips slowly down his perfect jaw and down to his neck where she nibbled and sucked. “Wake up baby...”

A tired groan escaped him.

Buffy grinned. “C’mon sweetie… I don’t wanna leave without saying goodbye.”

She was getting distracted as she tongued his throat. Maybe it was time somebody else wore a hickey…

It took five minutes of her attentions for Spike to finally wake up. “Ahh!” He hissed. “M-Mornin’, love.” He took her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Buffy smiled into his eyes. “Finally.”

He kissed her full on the lips and when he pulled away his eyes roamed over her body. He frowned. “You’re dressed.”

“I was just wakin you up to tell you I’m headed home.”

“So early?”

“It’s like noon right now, Spike.”

He pouted. “Wanted to shag your brains out ‘fore you left.”

She laughed. “What, do your clever double meanings and naughty innuendos suddenly go out the window when you first wake up?”

He just gave her a look.

“You can ‘shag’ my brains out later. I think it’s better if I get this whole mom thing over with sooner rather than later.”

Spike looked at her suspiciously. “You’re not puttin this off as long as you possibly can? Where’s my girl, what did you do with her?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I gave her a day. Not me I mean- because there is no other me, I’m me I just- I mean- Ugh!” She groaned. “I gave MOM a day. If- If I stay away any longer she’s gonna march over here and drag me home. I don’t need that and neither do you- or your DAD for that matter. I need to do this.”

Spike sighed and his smile dropped before he nodded. “Okay. And you’re sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

“I’m sure. But thank you.” She leaned in and kissed him again, when she pulled back she said, “Oh, sorry about morning breath. I don’t have a toothbrush here.” Buffy cringed apologetically.

He smiled softly at her. “S’alright, love. You’re not the only one with mornin breath.”

She went in for another kiss, and this one- being that it would be the last one until they saw each other later –lasted much longer.

When the couple finally parted Spike offered to walk her out.

“No it’s okay stay in bed.”

“Buffy-”

“Spike. Just go back to sleep. You obviously need more rest than I do and I don’t wanna take away your sleepy time.” She smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead. “I love you, I’ll see you later.”

His eyes softened as they always did when she said she loved him, and he smiled. “Love you too sweetheart.”

When Buffy got to the bedroom door and looked back at him the Brit was wearing a smirk.

“I see you like that shirt of mine, yeah?”

The woman avoided his gaze and bit her lip. “Well… yeah kinda.”

“Should I be expectin it back?” He teased.

Buffy scrunched her nose before looking him dead in the eye. Shaking her head she said, “Nu uh.”

Spike smiled. “Fine by me, baby.” He looked her up and down greedily, mentally calculating how quickly he could rush her and bring her back to the bed.

“But I left you something in the bathroom.”

He caught her gaze. “What’s that?”

She smirked this time, a playful glint in her eye. “Consider them an exchange for the shirt.” She opened the door and left then; if she stayed another minute she’d been sprawled on the bed beneath him with no intentions to go home anytime soon.

Spike raised an eyebrow and dragged his sweatpants adorned body out of bed. He moved into the bathroom where he found his prize lying on the top of the sink.

“Little nymph.” He lifted the soft panties up to his nose and inhaled, an evil smirk appearing on his face.

That’s my girl.

***

She entered her house quietly, her whole walk of thirty seconds from Spike’s place to hers having made her more nervous than calm. She’d mentally prayed her mom wouldn’t be home, maybe she went to the gallery or would just happen to be at the grocery store. Of course, this wasn’t the teenager’s luck.

Joyce sat in the kitchen. When she heard the front door open and close she rushed towards the noise and almost collapsed in relief when she saw Buffy there.

“H-Hi mom.” The girl swallowed.

“Buffy.” That’s all she said. Just her name, and Buffy found herself standing in the silence that followed with neither apprehension nor anger, just guilt.

Her mother was wearing pajamas and a bathrobe, there were bags beneath her eyes along with a weakness in her posture. She looked alert but only because she was relieved to see her daughter, other than that her appearance screamed sleepless night. Her face was sorrowful and pale and anxious, and it was all so unfair.

Buffy looked down. “I’m back.”

“I see that.” Mother and daughter locked eyes. “Buffy… we need to talk.”

***

They’d finished their emotional discussion. There’d been tears, a bit of yelling, and much apologizing (from both Summers women). Joyce had promised to say she was sorry to Spike for dragging him into something that was her problem, something that shouldn’t have endangered his and Buffy’s relationship. She’d profusely apologized to Buffy as well, and listened to the girl cry and scream, she’d been understanding and kind and she’d shed tears of her own. She’d admitted to her wrongs and Buffy had said she was sorry for leaving the way she had, as well as staying away for a whole night. The entire debacle had been ugly but necessary, and ended up bringing both Buffy and Joyce to a new understanding of each other.

The girl and her mom were on the track to forgiveness land, and that was good enough for now.

Buffy was walking back to her boyfriend’s place. While Joyce was busy trying to decide on a working date for dinner to be had with Drake and the family, her daughter was determined to ignore everything stress related for the rest of the day.

She approached the front door in her white jean shorts and blue tank top, thankfully having been able to change before her mom noticed that the black T-shirt she’d had on hadn’t been an article of female clothing…

Buffy went to knock on the door when it opened as Charlie was leaving. “Oh hello there dear. Coming in are you?”

Buffy smiled. “Um, yes actually. If that’s okay? I wanted to see Spike.”

The man nodded and opened the door wide for her to enter. “Of course, of course. He’s up in his room I believe.”

She nodded and smiled gratefully. “Thank you Mr- I mean, Charlie. And thank you again for letting me sleepover last night.”

“Not a problem at all, dear.” He said with a warm smile as he walked to his car. “I’m off for a bit to run some errands. I hope to see you later, Buffy! Take care.”

“You too!” She called to him with a wave before entering the house.

She made her way to Spike’s bedroom and when she approached the door she heard a loud curse bellowed from the other side. “Um, Spike?” She raised an eyebrow.

Opening his door she frowned at the smell of bleach that hit her nose. “Are you like… doing your hair or something?”

Then she walked into his bathroom and a wide grin spread across her face at the sight that greeted her.

“Oh my god!”

Spike stood there, his posture stiff and an irritated expression on his face. His head was tilted and his jaw was clenched in self aggravation, his shirt was gone but he had on his favored black Levis and even with the scowl on his features, he looked good enough to eat.

Oh yeah, and his recently re-bleached hair was done up in a short Mohawk.
“You gave yourself… a Mohawk?!” Buffy squealed before bounding over to him to touch it, but he swatted her hands away.

“This is all your fault!”

“Wha- What’s my fault?” She laughed.

“This!” he gestured to his hair. “It looks bloody ridiculous! If it weren’ for you sayin you wanted to see me like this I wouldn’t a-”

“You look great!” She interrupted, a glee-filled sparkle in her eyes that lent Spike pause. “I love it! Maybe not the most up to date hairstyle but oh my God you look cute!”

His eyes darkened. “I am not bloody CUTE, Buffy.”

She laughed. “Oh I say otherwise.”

He grumbled. “Sod it. M’washin it out.”

“No!” She took his hands. “You don’t have to wear it out tonight but leave it just for a while! Please?”

Spike rolled his eyes before conceding. “Fine! But this hairdo does not leave this house, as far as the rest of the world’s concerned, it never happened.”

She nodded. “Agreed! Now wait just a second I’ll be right back!”

She was running and out the door before he could say anything else.

***

“I cannot believe you actually went back home just to get this shite.”

Buffy shushed him. “Stop moving! I don’t wanna poke your eye out.” She continued the delicate task of coloring the waterline of Spike’s bright baby blues.

He silenced but started yammering again when she moved to the other eye. “Are you done yet?!”

“Well I would be if someone would stop blinking so much!”

“I’m not a chit, I don’t do this stuff! An it makes me nervous when you’ve got a pencil by my bloody eye.”

“Well it’s gonna be a ‘bloody’ eye if you don’t stop moving! Hold still.” She placed a steadying hand at the base of his neck as he tensed his jaw and let her continue.

“There. All done!” Buffy backed away and admired her work, as well as the whole picture. A shirtless Spike with a Mohawk and black lined eyes. His stare was powerfully blue (it always was, but the black eyeliner made it even more so).

Buffy laughed at his expression. Her boyfriend was not amused. “Can I take it off now?”

“No! Go look in the mirror first!” She took his hand and led him into the bathroom. “Here, have a look.”

Spike muttered something that sounded suspiciously like “The things I do for you…”, but then he turned to the mirror. A surprised look crossed his face and he frowned disapprovingly.

But then his eyes squint, and Buffy asked, “So? What do you think?”

He sighed. “The hair’s bloody stupid but the… I don’ think that eye shit’s too bad.”

Buffy grinned. “So does that mean I might be able to get you to wear it more often?” She bit her lip and clasped her hands, looking up at him hopefully.

Spike glanced at her. “… Maybe. No promises!”

She nodded. “That’s all I need to know.” With a grin Buffy left the room and set her eye pencil down on his bedside table, leaving it there as a gift. “I’m gonna call Willow and see if she still wants to go to that new place that’s opening tonight, okay?”

“Sure thing, pet.” Spike said as he stood examining himself in the mirror.

Buffy smiled smugly and whipped out her phone to call her friend for tonight’s details.

***

She sat in her boyfriend’s car with her fingers twiddling nervously in her lap.

After calling Willow and deciding on a time to meet up at this club place located in the heart of town, Buffy and Spike had talked about what happened with Joyce. Buffy had relayed what her mom said, and she explained to Spike that though things were better and on the mend, getting out of the house was probably a good thing for today. Things with her mom were getting better, but they were still a little stressed.

That didn’t stop Buffy from dragging Spike back over to her house though to talk with Joyce. The woman had said she wanted to apologize right? Well, now was as good as time as any, Buffy had told her groaning boyfriend.

She’d tugged him into the kitchen where Joyce was sitting with a cup of coffee. Buffy’s eyes had locked with her mother’s startled ones and all the teenager had said was, “Talk. Apologize. And if you say anything to make him feel uncomfortable, it’ll be another fight.”

Then she’d given Spike a reassuring look before heading upstairs to her bedroom to pick out an outfit for the Bronze.

Needless to say it was hard as hell to stop herself from going downstairs and eavesdropping on their conversation.

Half an hour later was when Spike had knocked on Buffy’s door and explained that the talk went well, her mom apologized about a hundred times, and everything was okay again.

That was one major thing out of the way now. But after Buffy was all done picking out an outfit, her mind wandered to other less calming thoughts.

She wasn’t jumping with anxiety or anything, but Willow and Tara had never met Spike before. And Anya and Xander, though they’d talked with him, they didn’t really know him either. It was enough to send the Summers girl into nervous mode.

“What’s on your mind, love?” He asked her from his place behind the steering wheel.

“Hmm? Oh nothing.”

“Bollocks. You’ve been pickin at your nails now for ten minutes.”

She sighed. “It hasn’t been ten minutes, it doesn’t take ten minutes to drive anywhere in Moon Stream.” She rolled her eyes.

Spike rolled his in turn. “Fine, then three. Doesn’ matter I know somethin’s botherin you.”

Buffy sighed. “Nothing is bothering me-”

“Buffy.”

“Ugh, I’m just a little nervous about you meeting my friends.”

Spike shifted in his seat. “I met a couple of em at the carnival.”

“Yeah but they still don’t really know you, and I have two other friends coming tonight who you’ve never even met before.”

Spike glanced at her. “Buffy. M’sure everythin’ll be fine, your friends aren’t gonna chase me around with pitchforks and torches now.”

She smiled halfheartedly. “Yeah I know. I just-” She shook her head. “It isn’t a big, I’m just being stupid.”

“Yes. You are.”

Her eyes bugged. “Spike!”

“Well it’s true. You’ve gotta relax, Summers. You were nervous ‘bout meetin my friends and now you’re frettin ‘bout me meetin yours. Jus take a breath.”

She half gasped half sighed. He was so irritating sometimes. “You are so not helping.”

“Yeah I am.”

“How can calling someone stupid be helpful in any situation?”

“I can think of a lot actually. And for the record, I wasn’t callin you dumb, I was just agreeing with you.”

He smirked at her and it only fueled the fire. “Agreeing with me on what? That my friends are gonna think you’re a Billy Idol replicated moron, or that you’re just an ass?” She asked him perkily.

Spike smirked again, this time in pride. “Neither. Probly just on the fact that I’ve got a hot, tight little body that you can’t keep your hands off.”

“Yeah, ‘little’ being the operative word.” She smiled evilly when he shot her a dangerous look.

“I think it’s ‘bout time I reminded you just how little I am-”
“Down south?” She supplied.
“-not.” He growled and his eyes flashed. “You know, when your insults start lacking truth you’ve lost the battle, baby.”

Her chin rose. “Who says I don’t speak the truth?”

“Your mouth. I believe it was wrapped around the evidence of your lies just yesterday.” He drawled, and Buffy narrowed her gaze.

“Oh you’re so lucky I didn’t just bite you.”

Spike laughed, though his eyes widened for a split second in unease. “You’re welcome, by the way.”

“Huh?” She frowned, the whole theme of the moment suddenly dying. “Welcome for what?”

“Welcome for distractin you.” He pulled into the parking lot of the busy club and stopped the car, getting out on his side and going around to open his girl’s door for her before she could even grab the handle. He offered her his hand and she took it.

When she met his eyes it clicked and she realized what he’d done. “You sneak.”

“The best, Goldilocks.” He smirked and wrapped an arm around her waist.

The bastard had started that little tiff just so she wouldn’t worry about him meeting her friends. A distraction. She got to let off some steam, and Buffy smiled as she walked with her guy over towards the entrance. He always knew how to handle her.

The Summers girl shook her head amusedly. “I love you ya know that?”
End Notes:
Even though i don't deserve it, please review! *huggles*
Chapter 38 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving in advance you guys! Enjoy this chapter!

Oh yeah, and a smidgen of jealous Spike ahead just because.
For being a brand new attraction, you’d think that The Bronze would be more with the lacking of customers than with the abundance of them. However, that was not as such.

Buffy did figure with Moon Stream being such a small town and all, word of a CLUB opening up in the middle of it had to be something everyone would want to check out. Of course it wasn’t a club like Viper’s had been, you didn’t need to be twenty-one to get in, just fifteen or older. But with all of the seniors and college students in line, Buffy didn’t think many people younger than her age were inside the establishment.

Which was a good thing, and if opening night was any indicator, The Bronze would do well here in Moon Stream. It’d be nice to have a clubby type of place to hang out at. Greg’s was great but this was closer, also less with the family atmosphere and more with the let loose sort of feel.

Spike looked around him, eyeing the fellow Bronze-goers and noting that just about everyone looked at least seventeen. He figured quite a few of the teenagers in his midst must go to the local high school, the same one he would be attending in the fall.

Thoughts of classes and early set alarm clocks weren’t quite as depressing as Spike thought they’d be, and surprisingly, he found that he wasn’t nervous in the least. Well, truth be told he wouldn’t have been nervous no matter what, but it was certainly strange he wasn’t loathing the simple thought of school.

Of course he hated it. However, Buffy would be there with him.

“You know many a these people, love?”

“Hmm? Oh.” She looked around, mentally zeroing in on those she recognized from school. “Yeah, I can see some of my classmates, but none that I really talk to very much. And I don’t see Xander or Willow either, I better call em.”

Spike nodded, watching as Buffy pulled her phone out of her purse and called her friend. By the conversation he was informed that Willow and the others had already gotten in, to which Buffy explained that she and Spike would meet them soon. Hopefully.

“The line’s movin quick, sweets. Should be inside ‘bout fifteen minutes or so.”

She leaned more into his side and nodded. “Okay.”

He laid a gentle kiss on her head, inhaling the scent of her hair. She always smelled good his girl, always fruity or flowery but never too much. With the way she liked to flip that golden mane around and the smiles she gifted, Spike wondered how he ever kept from tripping over himself in front of her. She knocked so many other women right out of the water, always without even trying.

Like tonight. Sure he spotted a lot of pretty dames in the crowd, a couple of exceptional ones actually, but not a single one quite drew your attention in like Buffy. She was wearing a near scandalous black miniskirt that Spike wouldn’t have guessed she even owned, but he sure as hell wasn’t complaining. Her top was green and brought out her eyes, its low and even neckline almost skimming her nipples, and he couldn’t decide if he was grateful or disappointed that she’d worn a bra. Her delicate feet were in strappy short heeled sandals, her neck adorned a thin silver chain that highlighted her slim throat, and her hair was wavy down her back.

Christ she was beautiful.

Through their wait to get inside The Bronze, Spike’s mouth had dipped to sample Buffy’s tempting skin and she now had a very amorous boyfriend attached to her neck.

“Are you leaving another hickey, Spike?! Cause those other ones aren’t gone yet ya know.”

He chuckled, the vibrations unknowingly sending chills down Buffy’s spine. “No pet, m’not. Though if you want me to…”

She pushed him away and scowled. “Do you realize how hard it is to cover these things with makeup?”

“Well you’re not really trying are you?” He lifted her hair a little to look at a bruise. “No makeup on that one.”

Buffy scoffed. “Yeah. There is.” She crossed her arms.

Spike blinked and did a double take. “There’s makeup on that?”

She nodded, her eyebrows raised. “Mhm. You’re very good at marking me in case you haven’t noticed.”

Spike raked his eyes down her body, leering with his anything-but-innocent tongue curl that just about made Buffy clench her thighs together. “Yeah baby, I have.”

She rolled her eyes, though the heat she felt flushing her cheeks and warming her belly didn’t exactly help with the unimpressed look she was going for.

Spike looked down before leaning in again and kissing her lovingly on one rosy cheek, his arm banding around her waist.

She smiled and nudged him fondly. “Pig.”

***

When they were finally inside The Bronze, Buffy scanned the place for her friends. The bar was lit up with white lights all along the front of it and there was an impressive amount of liquor on glass shelves against the back wall. There were stairs in the middle of the place leading up to a balcony with couches and a couple of tables, people were everywhere and the dance floor was a sea of moving bodies. It was definitely tamer than Viper’s had been, but Buffy found she kind of liked the atmosphere here too.

She focused hard on finding Willow’s bright red hair and finally relaxed when she spotted it. The girl was waving excitedly at Buffy with Anya and Tara smiling next to her.

“There they are.” Buffy pointed, and quickly tugged Spike through the crowd towards the girls.

“Hey guys.”

“Hi you two.” Willow greeted kindly. “You didn’t have to wait too long to get in did you?”

“No not that long.” Buffy answered and then brought Spike out from where he stood behind her, their hands still linked as she posed him in front of her friends. “Willow, Tara, this is Spike.” She gestured and bit her lip, secretly hoping that tonight would go well with the meeting of the boyfriend.

The girls waved and said hello, which Spike answered in kind, a charming smile on his features.

The couple sat before Buffy asked, “Where’s Xander?”

“Bathroom.” Anya answered simply and took a sip of her drink. “We’ve been dancing for a long time and he needed a break.”

“Ya know, I’ve never seen Xan move so much in his life. It’s kinda weird.” Willow added.

“And I’m sure once he gets back he’ll drag me right out again. Not that I’m complaining.” Anya smiled. “He gets all sweaty and sexy when he dances.”

“Sweat is sexy?” Buffy raised a brow.

“On the right man it is. C’mon you should know that Buffy, look at Spike.”

“Anya!” Willow reprimanded, but received a confused expression in return from the blunt blonde.

Buffy reddened as she glanced shyly at her boyfriend before smiling, and Spike simply smirked an evil little smirk that unknowingly sent his girlfriend’s pulse racing. “Well thanks, Anya.”

“You’re welcome.” She nodded, proud she’d paid someone a compliment they seemed to appreciate.

“Hey Buffster.” Xander greeted as he came up behind his friend and her bleached other half. “How’s it hangin?”

“Good Xander.” Buffy grinned, nodding in Spike’s direction. “You remember-”

“Right, William- er, sorry. Spike. Hey man.” Xander offered his hand, which the Brit took.

“Hey.”

“So did you two get drinks yet?”

“No actually. Buffy you want anything?”

She shook her head in answer to Spike’s question. “I’m good.”

He nodded, deciding he didn’t really want anything either, and then conversation took over. Xander sat back down, apparently needing a break from dancing after all, and Willow asked everybody what they thought of the club.

“I don’t know. I kinda feel like we’re cheating on Greg’s or something.” Tara answered.

“I like it, the music’s good.” Anya announced, with Xander quickly agreeing.

“Yeah, good tunes. I approve.” Buffy said, and almost laughed when Spike squeezed her hand in what she guessed was disapproval.

“Aren’t they playing sort’ve old stuff though?” Willow asked.

“Yeah I think you’re right.” Tara agreed. “This one sounds familiar but I can’t remember the name. I know I’ve heard it before.”

“It’s Flirt.”

Buffy’s soft proclamation was met by a round of sudden sighs, and the Summers girl ducked her head in preparation for-

“I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THIS SONG!” Xander almost shouted, his head falling into his hands.

“I can’t believe we forgot about it.” Willow said.

“I was sure these lyrics were burned into my brain, I can’t believe I didn’t notice it right away.” Tara added, and Anya sat in her chair chuckling sadly as she patted her boyfriend’s back.

“Uh pet?” Spike nudged Buffy’s arm. “Why do all your mates look like they’ve been drained of blood an energy?”

“Because your girlfriend here played this song for about a month straight and drove us all out of our minds.” Xander muttered, his voice sounding suddenly exhausted.

“It’s true.” Tara mumbled. “Every time we saw her for the whole month of August two years ago, this song was heard.”

Spike turned to his girlfriend. “You’re bloody cruel, ya know that pet?”

Buffy laughed in spite of herself and faced her friends apologetically. “I’m sorry okay! I’ve said it about a million times.”

“Still not enough.” Anya grumbled.

Buffy let loose an eye roll. “Oh c’mon guys, it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t play it EVERY time I saw you-”

“YES. You DID.” Willow interrupted. “Buffy I love you but for that whole month, I had to restrain myself from choking you.”

Before she could respond Spike jumped in, his head shaking in shame. “Torturing your friends with The Pussycat Dolls. Damn heartless thing to do.”

Buffy turned indignant eyes on the bleached menace. “How’d you even know that this song was done by The Pussycat Dolls?!”

He shrugged unapologetically. “Their music’s bloody awful but those dames are hot, I can admit to watchin some of their videos ‘cause a that.”

“I don’t think Flirt has a video actually.” Tara added.

“You’re such a pig.” Buffy said.

Spike chuckled. “Well, yeah.”

With a grumbly eye roll Buffy dismissed the topic, stashing away an idea she had for later to get back at her boyfriend. He thought watching a group of sexy performing artists was fun? Well, he had just given his teasing girlfriend an idea or two.

***

A couple of hours later found that conversation within the group had gone on and on in comfortable fun. Spike fit in well with the gang and Buffy had relaxed quite a while ago, it being obvious that Willow and Tara approved of her boyfriend just as much as Anya and Xander seemed to.

Buffy still hadn’t had a chance to dance yet, and Spike was off playing pool with Xander against a couple of other guys so she excused herself from the table saying she was going to get a drink.

Walking to the crowded bar, Buffy opted for a water when the guy behind the counter finally got to her and asked what she wanted. Spike had bought her two sodas already tonight so she felt in need of something without a fizzy flavor to it. Besides, water quenched her thirst better than anything else and she was ready to do some heavy dancing in order to get her boyfriend’s attention and tease him a bit. She would need to be hydrated.

Buffy went back to the table and took a sip from her water bottle before setting it down and announcing that she was headed to the dance floor. No one felt like joining her so she flounced away by herself, glancing in Spike’s direction as she left.

She started moving to the beat of the music once she found herself somewhat engulfed in the crowd, and her hips swayed as she tossed her hair. Buffy ran her hands up her thighs and drew her legs closer together before dipping her body lowly and spinning around. When a guy came up behind her she turned to face him and shook her head, but grabbed his hands. He tried to move in closer to her but just she shook her head again and pulled back, still keeping a hold of his hands.

He nodded in understanding, getting the message that she wouldn’t do dirty dancing. He didn’t seem to mind still staying as her non-grindy partner though.

Buffy smiled at the boy and he twirled her. She knew she was pushing the limit with this, but once Spike noticed, oh he’d be there in a red hot second. Then she’d avoid him and sway through the crowd, letting him see what he couldn’t touch.

Well, he could touch. She just wanted him to remember that she could be UNtouchable if she wanted to be.

In all truth, Buffy just wanted to mess with her man a little bit. He deserved it after all, with the way he’d been stroking her thigh under the table all night and grinning unrepentantly when she would shoot him a look.

Oh yeah, he deserved it; and what a great way to bring out his cute growly-ness tonight.

Buffy shook her head a little to clear it when the boy she was dancing with said something to her. “I’m sorry what?”

He smiled. “I asked your name.”

Oh. “It’s Buffy.”

“Betty?”

She rolled her eyes internally but nodded to him. “Sure.”

“I’m Chris.”

She smiled. “Nice to meet you Chris.” Glancing in Spike’s direction she checked just in time to see him turning around and looking towards her. He squinted, seemingly trying to get a better focus on something he noticed in the crowd…

***

Bloody fucking hell.

Spike’s nostrils flared as he tried to keep a hold of his temper, the cue stick in his hand suddenly feeling like a pencil he was aching to break in half.

Some wanker was moving in on Buffy.

Oh this wasn’t a sight Spike liked to see at all.

Barely even mumbling a goodbye to Xander, the Brit strode ahead, all threat and purpose. He unceremoniously dropped his cue stick on a random pool table, jaw clenching as he moved in on the dancing pair.

He felt adrenaline quickly pumping through his body, the leap from calm to brassed off was abrupt and coarse. Watching his girl dancing with someone else brought back a flash of memory from what felt like forever ago, when he had watched her at that carnival dancing with gits left and right. Spike remembered how he hadn’t been able to do anything about it then, not having a right.

He certainly did now.

A flicker of relief passed through him when he saw Buffy making sure that the ponce holding her hands didn’t move in close, but it was short lived as the bloke tried to tug her towards him.

Again Buffy resisted, and finally she broke their hands apart and glanced at Spike, seemingly unsurprised that he was headed straight for her and her dance partner.

***

“It was nice dancing with you Chris, but my boyfriend’s on his way over here. Think it’s time we called it quits.”

The boy frowned and looked in the direction she did. His eyes widened just a little when he saw a leather wearing, bleach haired dude headed his way and looking anything but happy.

Chris muttered a quick goodbye and split.

Buffy greeted Spike with an innocent face, frowning in faux confusion at his irate countenance. “Something wrong, Spikey?”

He hadn’t stopped moving in on her, and he gripped her hips when their bodies first made contact. “What were you doing, love?”

“What ever do you mean?” She asked sweetly, making sure to keep her hands from touching him.

“Who was the bloke you were dancin with?” Spike asked, every muscle in his body strung tight in preparation for pummeling something.

Buffy lifted her thumb to her lips and nibbled on the nail, looking up at Spike through her lashes, all doe-eyed and innocence. “Just some boy.”

He growled, and Buffy had to fight off her grin. “Tryin to make me jealous, love?”

She smiled. “I was only dancing and having some fun, you’re jealousy’s just a bonus.”

She winked and slipped away with a giggle. Dancing through the crowd of people, her eyes told Spike in no uncertain terms exactly what he was going to have to chase.

Not one famous for his patience, Spike moved quickly, but just before he was in arm’s reach of her Buffy disappeared off to the side and in between the people. He lost sight of the little pixie and scanned the thick group of moving bodies, searching for her with his eyes calculating and alert.

A flash of blonde hair caught his eye and Spike followed it as it flicked in the air, and sure enough it belonged to the one he was hunting for.

Buffy turned and caught Spike’s gaze, just before she again danced off and out of his sight.

Sodding tease.

He plowed ahead, ignoring the people bumping into him as he walked through an active dance floor. A split second of Buffy smiling peeked through the swarm, but then she was gone again, and Spike had to bite his lip to keep from shouting out her name. He knew she wouldn’t answer.

Finally spotting her with her back to him, the Brit prowled towards her swaying body. God she was glorious when she was dancing, all heated and lost in the moment. But then she turned and the glint in her green eyes just made the sight that much better, even when she snuck away from him before he could get close enough to grab her.

Spike growled, wanting to take her waist in his hands and hold her body to his, feel her swishing ass move against his jeans. To feel her grinding into him, her neck free for his mouth’s perusal as her back arched. And when she turned around, he’d slip a hand beneath her skirt and her fingernails would dig into the nape of his neck. She’d tug on his hair. The look on her face as he rubbed her, played his fingers across the hot moist material of her panties, her little moans in his ear and the gasp she’d make when he finally moved his hand beneath the wet fabric…

Spike groaned.

He had to get to her. Now.

More determination steeled his steps as Spike impatiently moved to the outside of the dance floor, prowling the edges as he searched for Buffy. He looked for that blonde head of hair he loved, that smile that shone, the long sexy legs he enjoyed touching and lying between.

He spotted her, his girl dancing without a care in the world it seemed as she ignored anyone else around her. Then she felt it, Spike’s eyes on her, and she met his stare with her own before seductively swaying her hips with purpose.

Buffy’s hand slid up her thigh and Spike carefully approached, a moan scratching at his throat as he took in the sight of her. She lifted another hand to gently suck the tip of a finger into her mouth as the other feeler crept higher and higher up her leg, sweaty skin glistening in the dim lights.

The knowledge that any other man in the place could see her and marvel at the sight she made riled with Spike’s tenuous control to stop from just charging her.

When she twirled around and flung her arms into the air, shaking her little hips like mad as she met his eyes again, Spike bounded forward. Control was never his forte.

But Buffy was too fast. She was swallowed by the crowd once again and her boyfriend couldn’t hold back his angry curse.

The bint was driving him absolutely out of his mind.

It would just fucking figure too that the song he recognized playing right now was Bad Girlfriend by Theory Of A Deadman.

Fitting wasn’t even the bloody word.

***

Okay so she was totally cruel, but this teasing was oh so fun, and Buffy just couldn’t resist!

Besides, the aftermath of her cruelty would be well worth it.

Though she was kind of aching to have her boyfriend’s hands on her. She felt it was time to fold her hand or… cards or, whatever. And where was that boy anyway?

Buffy turned around, still bopping lightly to the beat as she moved some hair out of her face. Ah, there he was. He was looking for her- Wait. No he wasn’t. Not anymore. He was staring off in one direction. And…

Buffy tilted her head, unknowingly posing a great resemblance to a confused puppy dog. Spike looked utterly confused, and he was practically gaping at something in the distance. What it was, she had no idea.

The Brit’s eyes finally caught hers when he turned his head, and she smiled. Okay, so not confusion on his face. More like shock now. What the hell was wrong with him?

The Summers girl twisted and searched the crowd for anything startling, anything different or a familiar face in the swarm of people. Nada. What had Spike so preoccupied?

She made her way over to her boyfriend, the game they’d been at suddenly dropped it seemed for both of them. A few feet away was when Spike speedily moved to her side, and Buffy put a comforting hand on his stomach as he tugged her close. “What’s wrong?” She asked, not bothering to act like she hadn’t noticed something was off right away.

“Um, nothin pet. Just saw someone in the crowd s’all.”

“Okay…” She looked back to where his eyes had been glued two minutes ago. “Not seein anyone you should be getting all strung out over. No Riley, no Angel.” She looked back up at him. “I’m guessing this is someone I don’t know.”

Spike nodded, an irritated jaw clench coming into play. “I saw-”

“Blondie Bear!”

“Oh bloody hell.”
End Notes:
okay so I know I'm such a hypocrite because I always say 'Oh I'm going to get these chapters out faster' and then other times I say 'Yeah I suck at getting these out faster I'm sorry." WELL I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I REALLY AM SORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION! Obviously my two week rule i made a while ago didn't really stick but since I am coming to the end of this story, I want to finish it up soon (I'm crossing my fingers). And so anyways I just wanted to apologize and beg BEG BEG for reviews!
Kisses to you all!
Chapter 39 by Linnae13
Before the boisterous blonde could jump into his very unwelcoming arms, Spike tugged Buffy in front of him. She was his blockade. He wasn’t proud of it.

However, so long as Harmony wasn’t throwing herself at him (literally), Spike didn’t really care how low he’d sunk.

The indignant gasp from his girlfriend did not go unheard, and the Brit held her arms tightly so she couldn’t move away. Again, he wasn’t proud.

Before Buffy got a chance to yell at anyone, she finally realized just how close her boyfriend had come to being mowed down by a bleach blonde bombshell. Who, by the way, almost plowed into Buffy before finally stopping her lunge and standing disappointedly alone with her hands on her hips.

“Hey! You’re in my way, short stuff.”

That not so fondly put nickname was enough to grate on her nerves, but noticing the way this chick’s gaze hungrily soaked up her boyfriend’s appearance had Buffy ready to slap her. “I’m sorry. But who are you and how do you know my boyfriend?” Yes, there was a layer of possessiveness coating those words.

Harmony’s eyes turned into daggers as she stared at the shorter woman, then her gaze moved up to Spike’s. “Spike!” She whined. “Make her move I just want to talk to you without some stranger standing in the way!”

Before Buffy could respond, explaining just how much a stranger she was NOT, Spike answered instead. “She’s not a stranger, Harmony.”

“Harmony?” Buffy really didn’t mean for that mocking inquiry to come out, it was simply a reaction.

The blonde in question harrumphed, but her demeanor quickly changed again as she smiled coquettishly at Spike. “I missed you Blondie Bear.”

“Blondie Bear?” This time Buffy turned her eyes on her boyfriend, and at his angry look she couldn’t help but smile. “Cute nickname, Spikey.” She taunted.

“That’s MY nickname for him, find your own.” The screechy girl glowered, and when Buffy didn’t say anything in return, Harmony started speaking to her ex once again. “I’ve missed you so much!”

“Can’t say the feelin’s mutual, pet.” Spike’s jaw was clenched so tight it looked painful.

Well someone was obviously vying for control. Poor thing, he looked ready to strangle something. Most likely this Harmony girl who was obviously one of his ex-lovers.

Ew. That thought made Buffy cringe.

The ex pouted. “You’re always so mean to me.”

“One of the many reasons I’m sure why it didn’t work out between you two.” Buffy announced, her syrupy tone not able to be deemed friendly on any planet.

“Ugh, don’t you shut up? I’m not talking to you ya know.”

Buffy’s ire rose even higher. Did the fact that she was Spike’s GIRLFRIEND go completely over this ho-bag’s head? Or did the chick just have a problem with using that thing called her brain?

“Well you’re a little busy hitting on MY BOYFRIEND, so I think the right for interruptions is very much had by me.”

Harmony did a hair flip, and simply ignored the Summers girl altogether. Her eye roll was irritating as hell, but at this point all Buffy could answer with was one of her own.

Spike needed to handle this moron, and she clarified that to him with an “Are you shitting me?” look. Obviously Harmony wasn’t going to listen to anyone else but Spike, and Buffy may be his human shield at the moment, but it didn’t mean she had to talk for him. So long as the slut didn’t make a move on her guy, she didn’t have the patience to deal with her. And if any lines WERE crossed, then there sure as hell wasn’t going to be anything stopping Buffy from throwing punches.

Spike gritted his teeth in annoyance and moved his eyes to his ex. “Harmony, do us all a favor and bugger off, yeh?”

She pouted. “Jeez, all I wanted to do was come over and say hi! You don’t have to be such a… jerk!”

The man’s eyes suddenly bugged. “Oh God what are you even doin here? You’re not movin into town are you?”

Buffy’s heart started beating faster in apprehension until Harmony’s next screechy response came. “Oh please! This tiny craphole of a town? No way! I’m on a road trip with my friends to New York. We’re just staying here for the night.” She stepped closer, seemingly oblivious to Buffy’s anger (or presence, for that matter). “Ya know…” Her eyes twinkled. “The hotel room’s empty right now… All of my friends are here so if you want we could leave and go have a little fun of our own.”

Then she winked.

And it was all Buffy could do to stop from pouncing, but she didn’t even bother trying to hold back her words. “Hey, Brain-dead Barbie, Spike’s not available! As in at all. I’m his girlfriend, which means you’re gonna have to look for someone else to give you a happy.” She declared, hands on her hips and no irritation held at bay.

Ah, finally. Caught the tramp’s attention.

Harmony’s eyes flashed as she zeroed in on her opponent. “Please! He’d never choose a prude little girl like you. Why don’t you just go home or something, isn’t it like, past your bedtime?”

“Hey now-!” That was Spike’s angry beginning at a defense, but he was interrupted by a livid Buffy.

“What part of ‘Girlfriend’ don’t you understand?! And even if I wasn’t, take a hint! You are the LAST thing he’d wanna touch.”

“Oh yeah?” Her voice was snide. “Well he-”

“Alright!” Spike yelled and brought Buffy behind him, providing a self barrier between the fighting females. “Shut your bleeding trap, Harm! Ya saw me, you’ve pissed my girl off, an I get to go home t’night and try to stop my ears from ringin. Now sod off!”

She whined, it was a vile sound and made Buffy visibly cringe.

“You’re being so totally mean right now! I can’t believe you’re actually choosing HER over this!” She spread out her arms and gestured to herself with her hands. “I used to think you could be weird sometimes, Spike. But now I know that you’re just stupid! I mean look at her!” She waved at Buffy. “She’s a flat-chested dweeb!”

Buffy almost laughed, but her rage prevented it. “Did she just call me a dweeb?” She asked Spike, not really expecting an answer and missing the frightened look on his face. “Did you just- Oh my GOD were you dropped on your head as a child?!” She glared at Harmony with her fists at her sides.

Harmony glared back and then looked sweetly at Spike. “C’mon baby, I know you don’t mean what you said.” She placed her hand on his arm. “Let’s get out of here and leave Miss Frigid behind. Please?”

Did she really expect a response to that? Spike never even got a chance to snap at her because his attentions were drawn elsewhere, to the feisty (and very angry) girl on his right.

“Hands off!” Buffy warned as her eyes zeroed in on Harmony touching Spike’s arm.

“Chill out, freak! God Spike what are you doing with her anyway, she’s like totally psycho!”

Oh she wanted psycho? The bitch was just lucky Spike was holding her back. Nonetheless, Buffy responded with cold evenness rather than screaming like she wanted. “And you’re a brainless twat.”

Spike frowned. Didn’t know she knew that word, he thought to himself.

Harmony gasped, never having been called such a name before… Well, to her face at least. She was so insulted, who did this little brat think she was! “You little brat! I don’t know why Spike puts up with you!”

The man in reference didn’t have any time whatsoever to get a word in, it felt like a verbal ping pong match and he was the net in between.

“Maybe he’s tired of having to deal with women whose brain cell count is lower than their age.” Buffy had stopped trying to shove forward, but much to her dismay Spike didn’t move from his place in front of her.

Which might have actually been a good thing because a small crowd was starting to gather. Not many stares, but it was enough to feel like she was on display and Buffy really didn’t want people getting their camera phones out just to shoot videos of a cat fight in a club.

“Ugh, weirdo! Do you know who I am?!”

Ooh apparently the skank had an ego. What a surprise. “No. But hey, just curious, how much of you is actually made out of plastic?”

Buffy asked the question in faux curiosity, and swore there was now steam coming out of the other girl’s ears. Harmony’s eyes bulged before she yelled out another insult. “Ugly bitch!”

Buffy scoffed before firing her own shot. “Vapid whore.”

Then Harmony jumped at her, and Buffy found herself instinctually bringing her arms up before she blinked and realized, there was no Harmony attacking her. No nails barred or hair pulling or crappily thrown punches coming her way. Then she saw why.

“You don’t touch her!” Spike had Harmony’s wrists clenched in his hands before he shoved the disbelieving blonde away from him. “You don’t lay a bloody hand on her, you understand?! Now get the fuck out of here, Harm!”

He stood there stock still and when she began to stutter in complaint he growled lowly, and Harmony whined once more before heading off and leaving the club.

Spike turned around and approached Buffy, his eyes immediately looking her over for a scratch. “You alright?”

She nodded. “Yeah I’m fine.” She knew he was being protective and all with getting Harmony away, but oh God she’d wanted to punch that girl! “You should’ve let her come at me, Spike!”

He smirked a little at her insistence, looking down where her fists were ready to pummel something. “Don’t think so, m’not gonna have my girl gettin hurt just ‘cause one a my brainless exes wants ta start somethin.”

“You don’t think I could’ve taken her?” Buffy asked offended.

“Not true. Think she would’ve crumbled if you’d gotten just a punch or two in, doesn’ mean she couldn’t a done some damage in the process. Not lettin you get hurt, Buffy.”

She placed her hands on her hips, his protective gesture making her warm all over while at the same time annoying her because she hadn’t gotten to let her anger out. “Oh so you can get all possessive and punchy but if I try it- With decent provoking, I might add! –then you won’t let me? How is that fair?!”

“Would you let me get into it with White Bread or Peaches knowin they might hurt me?” He asked calmly.

“Wh- Well- You don’t-… it’s not the sa-”

“Oh don’t give me that garb, Buffy, you know it’s the sodding same!”

She narrowed her eyes at him and finally sighed. Buffy grumbled quietly. “I wouldn’t want you getting hurt.”

Spike smiled a little, his ire leaving quickly as his girlfriend’s finally started to dissipate. “M’sorry you had to deal with the bint, but I didn’t want you gettin into it with her.”

Buffy rolled her eyes heavenward and sighed again. Then she stepped closer to her boyfriend and allowed him to wrap his arms around her. “What did you ever even see in her? She’s such a-”

“ ‘Brain-dead Barbie?’ ” Spike chuckled after quoting her. “Yeh. Don’ know why I put up with the annoying chit, her voice is irritating as all hell. Liked your nickname for her though, love.”

Buffy smiled a little. “She deserved it. Hitting on you like I wasn’t even here, I mean jeez! What a bi-”

“Buffy!”

The couple turned and met the concerned stares of Tara and Willow, the latter looking like her eyes might bulge out of her head. “Are you okay?! We just saw you fighting with some girl!”

Buffy nodded. “I’m fine guys.” She stepped out of Spike’s embrace but let him drape an arm over her shoulders. “Just someone with a big mouth and tacky shoes.”

Willow let out a sigh of relief and then nodded. “Oh okay. I mean, it looked like Spike was- was between you guys but still, I’ve never seen you act like that Buffy.”

“Yeah, you looked ready to hit her or something.” Tara added.

Buffy fought back her smile. “I was. Probably would’ve if Spike wasn’t here.” She shrugged.

Looking up at her boyfriend again, Buffy grinned. Her anger from before had now turned into extra energy she needed to release. “Let’s go dance.” She announced, and her lover and friends followed her as she led the way.

***

“When-… When can we go to the circle again?” Buffy almost mumbled as she swayed in Spike’s arms, her eyes looking up into his.

He smiled a little. “You wanna go back, kitten?”

She bit her lip and nodded. “Mhm.”

Spike frowned. “You sure? Ya don’t seem exactly excited ‘bout it.”

She chewed her lip a bit more before sighing. “I mean it was really fun I just… I don’t know, I’m worried they’re all gonna think I’m a bitch for leaving like I did before.”

“Buffy, Annie I’m sure’s already explained what happened. No one’s gonna judge you, I promise.”

“Ya think?” She asked hopefully.

Spike nodded. “I’m bloody positive. ‘Sides, if anyone does say a word Fred’ll be down their throats so fast they won’ even know what hit em.”

Buffy frowned a tad. “Fred?”

“Oh yeah, I can tell that girl likes you, and knowin her she’s gonna be feelin right guilty ‘bout the bet. No one will be thinkin bad of you if she can help it.”

Buffy smiled softly before reigning in her fear as much as possible. “So when can we go?”

“How ‘bout Friday? Should be gatherin that evenin.”

She nodded. “Sounds good.” Then Buffy pecked Spike lovingly on the lips. “Can we take the Mustang this time?”
End Notes:
So we are coming closer and closer to the end, not sure how soon ill wrap this story up but i promise that there will be an epilogue :) Anyways i really hoped everybody liked this chappie, and please review! :)
Chapter 40 by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
Hey guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Now this is the second to last chapter of this fic, the next one shall be the epilogue. I really hope you like where I've taken everything and I appreciate all the support from you readers ! *hugs!*

Please enjoy :)
Oh thank GOD! Buffy gratefully thought when the doorbell finally rang.

“I’ll get it!” She yelled as she quickly vacated her seat at the full dining room table, where her mom, Dawn, and Joyce’s boyfriend- UGH! mental gag -Drake, were all finishing up supper.

Friday, the day which Buffy had been planning, since Monday, to be heading back to the circle with Spike was the day her mom decided would be just a perfect time for that sit down meet-the-boyfriend dinner she’d promised.

The whole day had been the slowest one of Buffy’s life.

She was so ready to get out of here.

“Hi, Spike!” She smiled brightly at him even as she leaned forward to whisper, “Where the hell have you been?!”

Spike frowned, and then shrugged apologetically. He’d known today was supposed to be that dinner with Joyce and her fellow, and he’d also known just how much Buffy was nervous about it.

He’d promised to pick her up right after he got off work, then they’d head out together.

“Sorry,” he stage whispered as he leaned forward to leave a kiss on his girl’s cheek. “Had to clean up ‘fore I got you.”

“You couldn’t have showered AFTER?!” She scowled at him, but when she leaned back into the sight of those in the dining room, Buffy’s smile was back and beaming. “Let me just grab my purse and we can go,” She exclaimed in a chipper voice, unknowingly putting more force behind the word ‘go’.

Spike nodded, wondering how bad the meet-and-greet must have been going for her to be in such a rush. He stepped inside and was about to close the door when she turned abruptly and glared at him. Spike warily and slowly reopened the door, allowing the hot summer air into the room.

Buffy strode away and Spike realized his girl wasn’t just in a rush, she was desperate to leave.

“William!” Joyce said kindly as Spike turned her way. “Hi there, how are you?”

He smiled politely. “I’m fine, Mrs. Summers. How are you?”

Her face frowned just a little, probably at hearing the renewed use of ‘Mrs. Summers’ from Spike’s mouth. She smiled again though, a split-second later. “I’m good.” She stood from her place, and the man Spike recognized from that awkward day not too long ago stood too. “I’d like you to meet-”

“Okay, let’s go!” Buffy breezed by, oblivious to her mother’s voice as she grabbed Spike’s hand on the way out. “See you later Dawn, and mom, I’ll be back by two! It was nice to meet you Drake!”

The Brit didn’t even get a chance to call out a goodbye as his girlfriend tugged him through the entryway, though he did manage to close the front door. He didn’t think Buffy would’ve had the presence of mind to do it herself.

She pulled and pulled and pulled him towards the Mustang that was outside the front of his house, practically running in her little blue tennis shoes down the sidewalk.

When she reached the car she pulled on the handle to the passenger door and growled when it was locked. She faced Spike with a whirl of vibrant blonde hair and before she could utter a word- or a scream, whichever- he clamped a hand over her mouth.

“Love, take a breath and let me unlock the car. Don’t think your mum and her beau are chasin after you.”

She blinked and then nodded, but the tension in her body refused to leave.

Spike took out his keys and quickly unlocked her door, when he opened it Buffy wasted no time in scurrying inside.

Spike shook his head and went around to the other side of the car. He sat in the driver’s seat and shut the door. The man’s eyes bulged when he encountered his shirtless girlfriend beside him.

She started ranting immediately. “I cannot believe you left me in there with them! You said you’d be there at eight,” Buffy yelled while tugging on a fitted black tank top.

Spike started the engine and responded calmly. “It’s only eight fifteen, Buffy.”

“It’s eight thirty! An extra half hour that I had to spend watching my mom make googley eyes at her boyfriend- Bleh!” She shuddered and went to unzip her shorts. “That was horrible. Do you know how many times they kissed in front of me? I was ready to throw myself out the window.”

Spike tried hard not to focus on her wriggling out of her shorts. “So it didn’t go well then?”

“Oh no, it went fine.” Buffy opened her purse and retrieved a pair of tight dress shorts. “He arrived ten minutes early, he introduced himself politely and smiled at my mom. He hugged her. Then he met me and Dawn…” Buffy’s shorts were tugged viciously up her legs and the zipper yanked up, her lips pursed in anger the whole time. “And he patted me on. the. head.”

Spike turned incredulously to her and raised an eyebrow, “He PATTED you on the head?”

She nodded once. “Yep. Like a dog.”

Spike could only imagine the kind of control his girl must’ve used to refrain from hitting the man. “Well, isn’ that… sweet. What’d your mum say?”

“Nothing,” Buffy stated, her jaw tight. “Nothing at all. She just smiled and acted completely normal.”

Spike bit his lip to stop from laughing at Buffy’s indignation and upset. “So when’s the wedding?”

She turned on him, “Don’t joke about that!” She ripped her purse open again to grab a pair of ankle boot heels.

Spike chuckled, but quickly stopped when she sent him a warning look. “So I take it you don’ like him.”

“Gee,” She zipped up her shoes. “What gave you that impression?”

Spike shook his head and tried not to let himself laugh again. “How’s Dawn like him? Detests him just ‘bout as much as you do, I’d wager.”

“Nope.” Buffy declared, putting a popping sound behind the ‘p’ in that word. “She likes him. She actually LIKES him, Spike! He bought a couple of gifts to try and schmooze us and for Dawn, it worked!”

Spike frowned. “He got you both presents?”

“Yeah, and the second she laid eyes on that little charm bracelet, Drake was in her good graces. It was ridiculous! The whole evening was ridiculous! Him talking the whole time about his job and how he loves to travel, and oh wouldn’t it be just lovely if he could bring us all to Italy over the holidays.”

“Wait, what? You’re going to Italy?”

“God I hope not. I doubt mom will go for it, she’s particular about her Christmas traditions and stuff. But if she actually wants to consider it, there is no way I’m going. I couldn’t stand watching the two of them kiss and talk over dinner, you think I could spend my entire Christmas break in a foreign country living in a single hotel room with the love birds?”

Spike let out a little sigh of relief. He didn’t want her gone for the holidays. “You wouldn’t want to travel?”

She shook her head. “No. I never liked that sorta thing. I’ve been to California a couple of times to see the Grand Canyon, and some family road trips to closer states when I was really little, but traveling has never been my thing. I don’t enjoy sleeping in hotels and it would be ten times worse if I was sharing the place with my mom and her boyfriend- Did I mention the ew factor there?” Buffy ran a hand through her hair and sighed quickly. “I like Moon Stream. Hell I’m not sure if I ever wanna leave this place. It’s my home.”

Spike looked at her for a moment before directing his eyes back to the road. “You wouldn’t want to leave this town?”

“Well…” She bit her lip. “Maybe. Someday. But I’m not even planning on going to college so I don’t like to wonder why I’d leave here unless there was a good reason to in the future.”

“You’re not planning on going to school after graduation?” He asked, his heart suddenly fluttering a little with hope. He would never have brought it up himself, but the possibility of being separated from her after high school had been a thought he’d entertained. He found very quickly that he didn’t like the idea.

“No. I’m not a college girl, and though I love photography, I can’t think of anything I really want to do that’ll require a degree. I mean maybe, if I have to I could go back to school, but after graduation I’m set to just live at home for awhile until I’ve saved up some money to open my own business in town. I’m good enough with a camera that I could take photo’s and sell them.”

Spike smiled. “How’s your mum feel ‘bout this plan?”

“Well at first she hated it. She was all ready to send me off to live in a dorm somewhere out of state. She wanted me to have the whole college experience thing, ya know? Go to the parties, meet new friends, get a degree; but she knows that I love it here. It’s my home and I’ve never wanted to go to college. She also knows business, so after a LOT of arguing and debating, she finally decided that she’d help me open my own store after senior year. Ya know, help get everything up and running.”

“You’re set on this aren’ you.” It was a statement, not a question, and Spike could scarcely keep himself from parking the car and grabbing Buffy to kiss her.

“Have been for over a year now,” she said. “The thought of opening my own store is really the only thing that I feel I’d love. I’ve worked with mom plenty at the gallery so I know more than most my age about managing a business. And you know those carnival shots I told you about? They’ve already sold. All of them. Giles called me today.”

Spike grinned warmly at her, noticing the pride and the glitter in her eyes as she spoke of her success. Then his smile dimmed a little with his next words. “Are you sure you wouldn’t wanna go to school to learn more ‘bout photography, pidge? I know you love it.”

Buffy shook her head. “I’ve thought about that. I’m good at what I do, and I don’t want to become a world famous photographer or anything like that. I’ve taught myself everything I know about cameras and lighting and film, and I’ll learn more. I don’t want to go off to college. Hell, I don’t even think I’d want to if I’d be living at home.”

Spike knew she was telling the truth, speaking from her heart. Buffy was determined to make her life out the way she wanted it to be, and that was by opening up her own shop and staying in Moon Stream.

To be completely honest, Spike had never planned on going to college either. Rather he was set on finding a job as a mechanic of some sort, and hopefully discovering a way into the field of racing cars. Though after meeting Buffy, the idea of staying in Connecticut wasn’t an unpleasant one, and he knew he wouldn’t be carting off to who knew where after high school trying to find a job when he already had one in Moon Stream, even if Buffy wasn’t in the picture.

He didn’t know how much he wanted to race cars if it meant being away from her, but if he was lucky enough to get a shot at the occupation, he’d decide whether or not he still wanted it when the time came. He knew Buffy would forever support him, but Spike had always wanted to become a mechanic at some point in his life, if not indefinitely, and maybe even own his own body shop one day. Whether he was working on cars or racing them, he was completely happy. And if one of those future options came with Buffy, you can only guess which one Spike would rather go for.

“Well, your mum might not have the best taste in men, sweetheart,” Spike declared as he wrapped an arm around Buffy. “but she’s supportin you on what you wanna do even if she doesn’t exactly agree with it.”

Buffy shrugged and looked down, scooting closer to Spike as she lifted her feet up on the seat. “Yeah.”

“Means she loves you.” He glanced at her and noticed she seemed to be in thought, and she was pouting slightly, though he was ninety percent sure she wasn’t aware of it.

“I know.” She spoke softly. “You think I should give this Drake guy a chance?”

“S’up to you, love. He did bring you a gift, yeah?”

She nodded. “Yeah.”

“What was it?”

She mumbled, and Spike asked her to speak up.
“Chocolate ice cream,” she repeated.

The Brit chuckled. “Oh, bet you were hard put not to hug him, weren’t you?”

Buffy sighed. “My mom told him what to get me, he didn’t just magically know how much I love chocolate!”

Spike absentmindedly rubbed his thumb over her hipbone. “Well he got it. Ben & Jerry’s I presume?”

“Yes,” she mumbled before sighing again. “He patted me on the head, Spike!”

The Brit nodded. “Like a dog.”

“Like a dog,” she reaffirmed.

Spike turned the car into a fast food drive thru.

“Where are we going?” The girl asked.

“Figure you didn’t eat much at dinner. Probly just sat at the table playin with your fork and thinkin ‘bout frozen treats every once in awhile.”

“I so did not!”

Spike gave her a look.

Buffy pouted. “Fine. I’ll give Mr. Travels-A-Lot a second chance.”

Spike nodded before pulling up to the sign and rolling down his window. “I think that’s fair, pet.”

“But if he pats my head again he’s gonna lose an arm.” She said seriously, her finger pointed at Spike.

He smiled and nodded. “The man should’ve known better to begin with. Now, what do you want ta eat?”

The Summers girl grinned for the first time that night before giving Spike her order.

***

They arrived at the circle after dealing with butt loads of traffic. The teens were filled up on greasy fires and burgers, the deliciousness of both not diminished in the least by the fact that there was probably way too much fat in the food for it to be at all health conscience.

Buffy stretched as she exited the car, enveloping Spike in a hug the second he was in reach. She kissed him on the lips and he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I didn’t give you a proper hello yet did I?”

Spike smiled. “Don’t believe you did, sweetheart.”

“Hmm. Let’s fix that.” She pressed her lips to his once again, and the kiss went on for about a minute before someone strode forward, all purpose and apology.

“Buffy, Spike,” Fred spoke as she approached the lovers. “I need to say something to the both of you.”

Buffy smiled kindly at Winifred even as her nerves started twitching with fright at what might happen tonight. She really hoped nobody was still mad at her. “Hi, Fred. Listen I-”

Ms. Burkle interrupted with an almost desperate quality to her voice. “Now I want you to know that what happened last week wasn’t your fault, it was ours. Wasn’t it gang?”

Buffy’s eyes finally focused on her surroundings, and each one of Spike’s friends had suddenly appeared.

“Right,” Wesley said as he moved to his girlfriend’s side and wrapped an arm around her, the Texan beauty relaxing visibly under his touch. “We want to apologize for the bet, Buffy.”

“It was tacky and stupid of us.” Cordelia chimed in, her face a picture of regret.

“We shouldn’t a done it and we’re sorry,” Gunn added. “We didn’t know you when we made it but still, we should have called the damn thing off.”

“I’m sure Spike agrees.” Anne smiled softly and apologetically at Buffy, glancing at Spike to see the grateful look on his features.

“We’re sorry, B.” That was Faith.

Buffy smiled. She couldn’t help it, and her cheeks hurt with the relief and happiness showing on them. It was true, Spike had explained everything about the bet in greater detail to her, and he’d apologized even when she’d realized after the tale that there really wasn’t anything to apologize for.

“And I’m sorry I scared all of you by leaving like I did,” Buffy announced, and looked to Anne. “If it wasn’t for Annie I’d probly still be walking to the highway.” She laughed a little when the people around her smiled. “It was stupid of me to just take off like that.”

“It’s understandable,” Oz finally spoke, his face portraying acceptance, and a calm which seeped through into Buffy. “Not many people would’ve reacted in much better ways to the situation.”

She exhaled a held breath that hadn’t been known to her before it was gone. She felt Spike tighten his arm around her and smiled up at his face when he spoke.

“Alright then,” He inhaled dramatically through his nose before a smirk appeared. “How’s a race to celebrate all this happy contrition rot sound?”

Buffy frowned gently. “ ‘Happy contrition?’ Quite an oxymoron there, Spikey.”

“Look who the statement came from,” Faith said with only a hint of jest in her voice.

Spike’s eyes narrowed, “The same person who’s gonna be beating your arse ‘cross that finish line, pet.” The last word was said with joking disdain.

“Ooh,” Faith chuckled, smiling evilly as she eyed Spike and then the rest of the group. “C’mon everybody, as Fred would’ve said after she got a look at her bike the other day, it’s on like donkey kong!”

“That is not a southern sayin, FYI Faith,” Fred chastised as she followed the girl towards the cars.

“Highway race!” Gun shouted gleefully as he and Anne walked off, Cordelia and Oz not far behind. “Someone get a girl to down that flag!”

Spike smiled and turned swiftly with Buffy back to his Mustang. “You gonna join me, pet?”

Buffy blinked. Then her gaze started to glitter with both unease and hope, the gold flecks in her green eyes shimmering in the nearby brightness of a construction light. “I can go with you?”

“’Course,” he said like she was an idiot. “Want my girl by my side when I win.” He read her eyes for a moment longer and glided a hand down her hair. “But only if you want to be in that car. There’s always other races f’you don’ wanna go it t’night, pet.”

Buffy chewed her lip before smiling with fire and willpower. “Oh no, buddy. I’m gonna be in that car with you if I have to threaten to walk off alone again just so you’ll let me in.”

Spike smirked before grabbing her and laying a hard kiss to Buffy’s lips.

“That’s my girl,” he said proudly as he pulled away. “Now let’s get some wind in that beautiful hair f’yours, shall we?”

“We shall,” she proclaimed.

The couple quickly sprung into the car, Spike starting up the engine before pulling forward and following the cars of his friends out of the area of the circle. They knew of a particularly secluded area of wide pavement which just happened to be off the usually busy freeway, and it was perfect for races between multiple cars.

And Spike relished the increase in speed he was able to take advantage of while in a highway race. It was the perfect night for it, his darling girl by his side and enthusiastically anticipating the realm of freedom great speed always brought to those who enjoyed it and weren’t afraid.

Miss Summers had come out of her shell so much since Spike had met her, and she’d smoothed his edges down as well, until it felt like he’d become a softened river stone compared to the jagged brick he’d thought himself to be.

Spike was changed from unrepentant badass to a milder version of it, still badass but much more in tune with his ‘poet inside the rebel’, as Buffy would say. She had, fairly easily, worked her way into his heart without even trying, and her fire and compassion and spirit had drawn him like a moth to a flame. He could still get dizzy just thinking about the quickness of it all.

Buffy had embraced the passionate trouble inside herself with relish, and she loved it. Her innocence was never tainted, but more learned as she was able to compare it to the parts of herself that were decidedly un-innocent.

Buffy had turned her lover into a kinder sort, without attempting to at all, and he was opening her heart and mind every damn day. Spike conjured both the urge to fight with him and the urge to fight for him all in one motion, all the time. It was a combined effect that he felt too because of his girl. His Buffy. The woman he loved and cherished and would forever hold on to, come hell or high water.

She was his, and he was hers.

Buffy felt the truth of that fact with every beat of her heart as she took Spike’s hand. He met her eyes, their wrists touching intimately where they rested against the leather of the car seat.

No words were said, only smiles exchanged. Then he looked ahead and watched as a flag was thrown down, and he gunned the engine, not needing to brace Buffy for the abrupt shoot forward this time. She was ready for it. She was ready for everything.

Absolutely everything.
End Notes:
i wish each and every one of you a happy new year! Thanks so much for sticking through this fic, i know the updates have been beyond frustrating with my total lack of a schedule. Please leave reviews! *smoochies*
Chapter 41: Epilogue by Linnae13
Author's Notes:
So this is the end. I don't even know what to say other than thank you to everyone who read and especially to those who left reviews! Thank all of you so much! I really really hope you liked this story, and without further delay, i give you the epilogue :) (and please leave me a review or two for this final chapter! I'd love to read them!)
One Year Later


Feet pounded the pavement in a sexy strut, the edge of each heel striking the cement with painful pierces.

The girl stood tall against the summer air, the freedom of the night ringing about her ears as the wind twirled playfully with her hair. The roaring engines behind her added to the excited murmur of the crowd that broke a quiet night’s silence, and the starlit sky twinkled back at Buffy as she smiled to the open midnight.

Red tipped toenails, thin little straps choking her ankles, Buffy tapped her dressed up foot three times before she hauled the flag down in a rush and engines gunned.

The two cars reverberated as they sped straight by her, almost skimming the belt loops of her jeans. She didn’t even flinch.

Buffy loved starting races, had ever since the first time she’d done it about eight months ago.

She turned around to smile at her friends, the faces of Oz, Fred, Wesley, Anne, Gunn, Cordelia, Faith. And Spike.

Her boyfriend of a year ran by Buffy to scoop her into a hug, he lifted her up and spun her around. Their mouths met quickly and eagerly, their tongues intertwining as if magnetized.

“Had to touch you,” Spike rasped in explanation.

She nodded against his lips, “I’m glad.” Then she dived back in.

Their relationship had blossomed over time, and it was going strong. They’d had fights, they’d cried and been through a lot over the past year, but all of the good outweighed the bad. Nothing ever came up that had threatened their love; nothing because nothing could. Nothing would.

When Spike’s father remarried, Buffy had been there. When Joyce had gotten sick and had to go through surgery, Spike had been there. When Willow and Tara had gone public about their relationship, Spike and Buffy stood a united front of support for the couple.

Everything, from the fight with Charles when Spike told him he didn’t want to go to college, to the huge blow up Buffy and Dawn had gone through when Dawn started hanging out with a much older boy. They’d helped each other. Spike threatened the boy going after her little sister, and Buffy calmed down his dad while supporting her boyfriend’s decisions.

Their senior year of high school had proved tedious, but they’d stuck with each other through it all. When the mass of girls who weren’t particularly close to Buffy made passes at Spike, her jealousy had threatened to overwhelm her. Except Spike never even paid the girls mind, he didn’t want anyone but Buffy.

Something which he made very clear every time his own possessiveness raged because of all the male attention she received at school; but he never had anything to worry about either, as Buffy made a public point that she was very unavailable to anyone who wasn’t Spike.

The Summers girl had helped her boyfriend with studies, even when he argued with her about it. In the end, he’d graduated right alongside her and her friends. Willow and Tara and Anya all planned on going to a nearby college together, and Xander was following to find work at one of his uncle’s construction sites right by the campus.

Buffy’s plan to start her own business in Moon Stream had changed a little bit. About four months back a new arrival had come to town, a woman named Andrea Perry. She was a professional photographer, had been all over the world with her camera. She moved to Connecticut to settle down and open her own store, the same type Buffy had wished to establish.

Instead, Buffy found herself working for Andrea, and the professional was teaching the teenager everything she knew. She’d taken an instant liking to the Summers girl, and now Buffy had a nice little job and was working towards saving up money until she could open up her own store.

Or buy Andrea out, since the woman said that once she got married she’d rather stay at home, or at least only own half of the store herself.

Buffy was happy waiting, for whichever would happen when it came to the whole photography store thing.

Spike was still at the body shop, but now he was head mechanic, and Jim’s favorite at the place. The owner had said numerous times he planned on offering a partnership to Spike once the boy was past the age of twenty-one, if Spike was still around.

Which he planned to be. Dropping his precious cargo down to rest on her feet, he pulled away from Buffy and went to nibbling and kissing her throat.

“Mmm, Spike.” She spoke breathily, her eyes sliding shut at the feel of his tongue as he left what she was sure was a hickey. “Don’t you start something you can’t finish, Big Bad.”

She chuckled at his growl, and then Spike pulled back. “Who says I can’t finish? I think I’m very capable.”

She shook her head but smiled. “Not right now you can’t... We’re in public.”

Spike smirked. “Wasn’ a problem couple f’weeks ago…” He nuzzled his nose into her hair.

Buffy blushed from her toes to the top of her head, remembering their little rendezvous on the last day of school in the janitor’s closet.

That was the wildest and riskiest move she’d made with him. It was incredibly rampant and they’d almost gotten caught.

Oh but it was so, so worth it.

Before Buffy could really think about how to get to a secret place with Spike so they could have some time alone, Cordelia’s voice called out. “Hey lovebirds, you gonna detach anytime soon or will I have to throw down the flag for the next race?!”

Buffy laughed at Spike’s sigh of annoyance.
“No Cordy, it’s okay I’m on it!”

Spike pouted down at her. “Why are you ‘on it’? Let someone else wave the bloody flag.”

She quirked an eyebrow. “If I’m not mistaken, you’re in the next race.”

Spike blinked. “Oh. Right.” He pressed his forehead to hers then and smiled. “Let’s get ready, shall we?”

Buffy nodded, grinning at her boyfriend’s lecherous look. He’d told her before how much he loved watching her ‘wiggle her little rump’ as she walked to the front of his car and started a race.

She loved it, too.

And so, just like she did at least once every week, Buffy waited for her boyfriend and his opponent to get inside their cars. Then she approached the front of them, swishing her hips a little more purposefully for Spike’s benefit, and spun around. She smiled at the two drivers, winking at her guy before raising the flag above her head.

Her foot tapped five times. Then with a fast yank of the arm, the vehicles were off, Spike shouting out his love to his girl through the open window as he drove by. Buffy blew him a kiss and waited for the race to end, yelling her cheers louder than any other person in the bellowing crowd.

She smiled.

This summer, just like the rest of their lives, was only getting started.

THE END
End Notes:
~And YES, they DID live happily ever after.~

*Hugs and smoochies to all you readers!*
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=37094