Assist Me by iivyy13
Summary: Buffy Summers has her career all sorted, she's personal assistant to one of Hollywood's sexiest actors, Spike Byrne. Of course all jobs come with a downside, hers just happens to be that she's in love with her boss. Can her crazy sister's wedding and Willow's drunken influences be enough to get her feelings out in the open or will her insecurities get the better of her.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 12842 Read: 10541 Published: 12/19/2011 Updated: 07/04/2012

1. Chapter 1 by iivyy13

2. Chapter 2 by iivyy13

3. Chapter 3 by iivyy13

4. Chapter 4 by iivyy13

5. Chapter 5 by iivyy13

6. Chapter 6 by iivyy13

7. Chapter 7 by iivyy13

8. Chapter 8 by iivyy13

9. Chapter 9 by iivyy13

Chapter 1 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Well I haven't written a fic in a long long time. I don't really know what I was thinking with this one, still not too sure. Oh and also I'm not too sure how the layout will turn out, wow I have so much nervous babble right now! So lets see how this chapter goes! Hopefully it doesn't suck too badly ;)
Buffy Summers groaned as her alarm rudely roused her from her dream, it had been a good one too, she'd been in the Bahamas with George Clooney. Squinting she checked the time on her digital clock,4 AM. She'd need to call up Spike in twenty minutes to make sure he was ready to be picked up at 5. She couldn't complain though, she loved her job. Being the Personal Assistant to one of Hollywood's sexiest actors in the world definitely had its perks.

She pulled her hair back and stumbled to her bathroom. After washing her face, brushing her teeth and jumping in and out of the shower she rushed to pick up her cell, right on time. After a couple of rings a rough British voice sounded on the other line.

"I'm up, I'm up." Her mouth twitched into a smile as she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah just make sure you're ready to be picked up in half an hour."

"Bloody Hell, didn't give me much time pet."

"Spike the girls in makeup will take care of your looks,
just go shower and maybe eat a bagel." She tapped her foot in impatience, sometimes he was like a little boy.

"Fine, fine, see you soon love." She slid her phone shut and walked over to her wardrobe.

It would be a long day today. Spike had a full day on set. Buffy bit her lip and chose a simple pair of dark jeans with a black singlet and a cream cardigan, that teamed with her favourite black boots and her day was off to a good start. She went into her kitchen and was immediately assaulted by a middle aged black cat; she scratched behind his ears and grabbed his bowl.

"Here you go Angel." She put down the now filled bowl and Angel purred in appreciation.

"Good kitty." With that she grabbed her bag and keys, set the alarm and walked out the door.

~/~

When Buffy arrived on set she held back an eye roll, Cordelia Chase, the main female star of the film was cackling away at something Spike had said. Now Cordelia was good, she was one of the best actresses Buffy had seen Spike work with, but that didn't mean she wasn't annoying as hell. Walking straight to the buffet she grabbed her regular bagel and peach before starting to pour herself some coffee.

"Now see when you don't say hello to me, I get offended." Buffy smirked at her friend's voice.

"Sorry Oz I didn't see you." He clutched at his heart and Buffy rolled her eyes. She wasn't surprised when he turned serious. Daniel Ozbourne was a hard man to read, he'd be joking around one second and serious the next. They'd become friends after he'd written the second movie Spike starred in.

"Anyway there is some point to this conversation; I need you to tell Spike he'll be working over the weekend because we have to get the main fight scene over and done with. Thanks you're a lifesaver." He walked off and Buffy sipped at her coffee. Great, Spike hated working weekends.

Her phone buzzed and she furrowed her brow, who would be calling her at 5:10 in the morning, oh that's right her mental engaged sister Dawn. Buffy braced herself and slid her phone open.

"Please tell me you're coming to the fitting today at noon, tell me you are or I'm ripping out my hair." She'd already lost count of the amount of eye rolls she'd done today.

"Yes Dawn I'll be there, don't stress." She flinched when she realised that was the worst thing she could of said.

"WHAT? How do you expect me now to panic Buffy, my wedding is in two weeks, TWO WEEKS. You better be the same size as you were a couple of months ago, there's so no time for this. You're coming on the weekend right?" Buffy cringed. Dawn's bachelorette party was on Saturday night, she'd been planning it for a week now.

"Dawn...I don't know how to say this..."

"No, you're coming; let me talk to Spike right now! It's my bachelorette party, the only one I plan on having so you are coming!"

"Look I'll get back to you when I meet you for the fitting. I still haven't told Spike he's working this weekend. I gotta go Dawn, love you."

"Ugh, love you too." Idly Buffy wondered if all the raging hormones and stress was worth it.

"Lo' love, Oz said you had something to tell me?" He looked at her expectantly.

"Oh, you're working this weekend?" It sounded more like a question to her.

"Bloody hell, what scenes are we doing?"

"Oz said the main fight scene." Spike suddenly grinned
and kissed her cheek.

"Best news all day sweetheart, means I get to swing around weapons and feel all manly." Buffy raised her brow as he rested his hand on his belt buckle and over his package, he walked past her to the buffet table just as her phone chimed, she sighed. It was her mom.

"Hello mother."

"Buffy! So glad I reached you darling. What do you think about the colour lime?" Buffy's eyes widened.

"I think I should never wear it ever, and neither should you, or anyone that isn't singing 'physical'." She heard her mother sigh.

"Buffy I don't mean for an outfit I mean for the cake."

"I thought Dawn had already chosen a cake? Ok wait scratch that thought, why are you asking me?"

"Well I want to surprise Dawnie."

"Lime green is definitely a surprising and nauseating colour."

"Stop it, lime green it is. Buffy when are you going to be getting married?" Buffy supressed the urge to crush her bagel in her hand and closed her eyes.

"Ok mom, gotta go, love you, BYE." She slid her phone shut and turned to watch Spike film the first scene of the day.

~/~ Six and a half hours later ~/~

"Spike I have to go to a final fitting for my sister's wedding, can you do without me for an hour or so?"

"We're on break for now so yeah pet should be fine." He smiled and put his arm around her and escorted her to the door. Buffy smiled and resisted the urge to lay her head on his shoulder.

Sometimes when they were working it was easy to forget things, like the fact that she was in love with him. Or the matter that he would never ever return the feeling. When they reached the entrance to the studio she ducked her head, not wanting to look him in the eye. His eyes were so beautifully blue she feared she might just jump him right there and then. When he touched her cheek with his hand she had to hold back her shiver.

"See you soon!" She was pretty sure she squeaked that out. He smirked and gave a small wave. She cursed him as she got into her car. Gah stupid, sexy, British actor.

TBC.....
End Notes:
S-o what did you guys think?? I'd appreciate it so much if you could take the time to give me feedback, good and bad :)
Chapter 2 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Oh My God! Thanks to all of you guys who reviewed, I was so amazed :-) You're all awesome! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying your holidays :-)
The bridal shop was packed when she arrived; Buffy was almost surprised she was able to spot her sister, almost. She was yelling at their mother and pointing at something in a magazine.

“BUFFY, thank god. Tell mom that lime green is hideous and gross and not in my wedding.” Her eyes were imploring.

“See mom I told you, it’s nauseating.” Buffy grabbed her dress and walked into the changing room. The dress was actually nice, despite the rumours that Dawn would be putting them in poufy sleeves and princess style frocks.

It was a deep maroon strapless dress that stopped just below her knee.

Bravely she stepped out of the changing room and Dawn’s eyes flicked to her immediately. Her eyes narrowed but she didn’t say anything. Buffy did a full spin and after a beat of silence Dawn smiled.

“You look great! Alright, Willow and Tara will be here any minute for their fitting.” Dawn grabbed her dress off of the rack and walked into the changing room. Buffy held back her sigh of relief, the last thing she needed was a Dawn style freak-out.

She grinned as Willow entered the shop. Willow was her best friend, they’d known each other since high school and had stuck together ever since. Willow eyed her dress and raised a brow.

“So Where’s my dress?” Willow embraced Buffy before moving to the rack.

“Hey Buffy, the dress looks good.” Tara was Willow’s girlfriend; they’d been together since the first year of college. They were probably one of the most functional couples she had in her life. Her mother and father were divorced but ‘close friends’, yes she couldn’t quite get over that one. Then there was Dawn and her fiancée, they’d been together for two months before getting engaged, though Dawn had taken an extra six months to plan the wedding, add on the next two weeks and they would have been together for nine months.

Willow emerged from the changing room and twirled gracefully. Buffy nodded in approval but what mattered most was Dawn’s opinion.

Forty minutes later and Dawn had decided all the dresses were perfect. Buffy got into her car and started off towards the studio. The whole day had been taxing though Willow had agreed to drinks later on that night. Her pager beeped and she flicked her eyes down to see Spike’s number flash.

She pressed number 1 on her speed dial, yes she had already gone over the fact that her number one on speed dial was essentially her boss, and waited for the answer.

“Am I allergic to peanuts?” Spike’s voice sounded through the phone.

“YES, stay away from any peanuts Spike!” She accelerated slightly.

“Mandy no peanuts, Buffy you there love?”

“Yeah I’m here. I’m ten minutes away from the studio.” She slid her phone shut again and rubbed her temple, she felt a headache coming on.

~/~

Buffy looked at her watch, it was nearly 10 PM and she was exhausted. Spike had worked until 9:30 and she had only just gotten home. She frowned when she realised her door was unlocked. Perfect, she thought, a freshly robbed apartment was all she needed to end her day. Tentatively she opened her door and looked around, relieved to see Willow on the couch watching TV.

“Hey Wills.” Willow smiled at her.

“I ordered pizza, and started drinking. I figured I’d enjoy myself.” Buffy held back a laugh at the sight of her slightly tipsy friend.

“Good for you, here I’ll have some wine; Spike gave me the morning off tomorrow so a little hangover for me won’t be so bad.”

“Well you better be prepared for the bachelorette party, you won’t be able to walk straight girly.” Willow giggled and fell back against the couch. Ok make that more than tipsy Buffy thought idly. She sipped on her wine.

“Is Tara coming to the wedding?” Willow looked over and pouted.

“Yup she managed to get out of working. It’s really great; it just feels like we haven’t gone out anywhere special in a while. What about you Buffy, got a date?” Willow tried and failed to wiggle her eyebrows.

“Oh yeah, he’s right here, Mr Perfect meet Willow, Willow this is Mr Perfect, he has some great friends like Mr always puts the toilet seat down and don’t forget Mr doesn’t have mommy issues.” Sarcasm practically dripped from her voice. Willow looked unimpressed.

“How about you invite Spike?”

“What? Come on Wills, he’s not going to blow off some swanky Hollywood A-list gathering to come and watch Dawn get married and my mother grill me about still being single at twenty five.” She finished off her wine and took a frustrated bite out of her pizza.

“OK maybe not but I’m sure he’d want to hang with you, come on he’s like your boyfriend anyway!” Buffy stared at her in shock.

“WHAT? Spike and I…there is no…That is so….Willow seriously, we work together, essentially I am the man’s mother!” Willow scoffed.

“Yeah sure, I bet that’s not what you think when you-” Buffy cut her off.

“Look! Even if I did want to invite Spike, Dawn would have a first class hissy fit and probably threaten to cut my eyes out with her engagement ring.” Buffy held out her glass for more.

“Nope, go ahead and call her, right now. Ask.” Willow chucked Buffy her phone and emptied the rest of the wine into her glass.

Buffy slid the phone open and pressed the second number on her speed dial. She’d battled with putting Dawn as number 1 but she’d quickly made her mind up when the brunette had called Buffy up screaming because her fiancée had forgotten to mail the wedding invitations.

“Buffy, talk fast, I’m about to have hot stressed out sex.” Buffy scrunched her face.

“EW Dawn I do not need to know that. Look can Spike come to the wedding?” She cringed, waiting for the screaming fit.

“Yep! Bye.” Buffy stared at the phone in disbelief.

“Told ya so! Now call Spike!” Willow fell back onto the couch and closed her eyes. Buffy sighed and grabbed a blanket, covering her friend. She locked the door and turned off the lights, Angel padded behind her as she entered her room. Spike would have to wait.

~/~

Buffy guessed it was around 3 AM when her pager buzzed. With bleary eyes and bed hair she groaned as she made out the red blinking numbers to Spike’s personal cell phone. She picked up her cell and pressed her speed dial. It rang for two seconds before a sleepy voice picked up.

“Buffy, what’s wrong pet?” When she heard a throat clear she became confused.

“You just paged me, what’s wrong?” She listened to the static. Visions of a drug overdose or a binge drinking episode filled her head.

“What the Bloody hell are you on? I’ve been sleeping this whole time?” He was talking to her like she was nuts.

“Ugh Spike are you kidding me? You’ve got your pager on auto dial from last week. Remember I told you to call me at three?”

“No, thanks for the trip down memory lane though,” Sarcasm, just what she needed right now.

“OK, whatever, I’m going to sleep, see you at noon!”

“Wait, wait! Will you come to my dinner party I’m having tomorrow night?” Buffy sighed; he always had parties on the most inconvenient nights.

“Spike tomorrow is Tuesday; a Tuesday night is the worst possible night to have a party.”

“So that’s a no then?” Buffy sighed.

“Of course I’m coming Spike,” she took a moment to realise the awkward implications of that statement “What time?”

“The shindig starts at eight.”

“Cool, now I have a favour to ask you. Will you come with me to my sister’s wedding? It’s going to be really boring if I’m stuck there by myself.” She hoped she didn’t sound like a nervous teen asking out the high school quarterback.

“Would be my pleasure love, how is the bit anyway?” She shouldn’t have been surprised by the answer, Spike loved Dawn.

“She’s fine, now some of us don’t have to be up in four hours. Goodnight Spike.” He chuckled and muttered something that sounded like ‘feisty bint’.

“G’night Buffy.”

The phone went dead and she rolled over. She swore she’d just gotten to the stage between being awake and asleep when her phone buzzed again. Muttering a curse she grabbed the offending object. Great it was her father.

“Dad, what are you doing calling me at three thirty in the morning?” She hoped she sounded pissed instead of sleepy.

“Sweetheart quick question, if I put sun cream on my face will it get rid of my wrinkles?”

“It’s sun cream dad not the fountain of youth.” She heard a huff on the other end of the line.

“OK I’m sorry, it’s just you called on my day off.”

“Oh! Sorry sweetie, Be Tee Dub” She was certain he was trying to say ‘by the way’ “Have you heard about your mother’s lime cake idea, lime would taste horrible. I don’t even like it when your mother puts it in the stuffing for the Christmas Turkey.” Buffy frowned; and this breaking news obviously couldn’t have waited until morning, she thought frustrated.

“Dad it’s the colour lime green not the fruit…is it a fruit? Wait I don’t care, and when did you start speaking like a fifteen year old girl?”

“Honey its cool lingo; seriously you really need to get with it.” She stared at her phone in shock before hanging up. She promptly chucked her phone away from her and yanked the covers over her head.

When Angel stood and gave a meow she poked her head out from beneath the covers.

“Oh don’t even start.”

TBC...
End Notes:
Not a lot happening in this chapter but it's leading to something great :-) What did you guys think?? Please let me know :-)
Chapter 3 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Again thank you guys so much for all the support! It's so amazing to get all these reviews :-) Hope you all had a wonderful new years eve and are enjoying your holidays. I'll be going away for a few days on Saturday so if possible I'll try update before then. Anyway you guys rock! Enjoy :-)
Buffy sighed and rested her head against the back of her cushy seat. Another huge perk of being a movie star’s assistant, first class all the way. She looked over at Spike who was currently taking a tablet. He hated flying, always saying it made him feel “bloody awful”. He rested his head against the chair and sent her a wink.

“See you in four hours love.” She raised a brow.

“You’re actually going to pass out?” He nodded enthusiastically.

“Bloody brilliant stuff, my doctor gave me a prescription for it a few years back when Dru and I went to Peru, was out like a light for the whole thing, didn’t even know where I was until the next day.”

“Think you can spare me some? My mother’s going to drive me nuts.”

“Come on I’m sure she’s a right fine bird.”

“I don’t understand you when you talk like that.” He rolled his eyes.

“What I mean is she can’t be all bad if she managed to raise two girls like you and the niblet.” Buffy kept her eye roll in check; he wouldn’t be saying that if he’d been able to see the tantrums and screaming fits that went on in the Summers’ house during the teen years.

“I know, I’m amazing, but that doesn’t mean she won’t start going nuts about the fact I’m not the one in white standing in front of that altar.”

“Well if all else fails we’ll tell them we’re shagging.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her and she laughed before giving him a light slap to his arm.

The plane began to move and Spike grabbed her hand. Shocked she sat there stunned as he held her dainty manicured fingers. He looked ready to flee the plane altogether but she couldn’t help but focus on the electric sparks shooting up her arm at the contact.

~/~ Four Hours Later ~/~

Buffy blinked her eyes open as she heard the pilots voice come over the speaker system. Half an hour until they were due to land, she clipped her seatbelt on and reached over to do Spike’s. She bit her lip and tried to manoeuvre the belt without touching anything that would make her blush. She quickly yanked one side out from the seat and slid her hand around his waist to get the other side. As she was clipping them in the middle his voice startled her.

“What you doing baby?” She dropped the belt as if it had burnt her.

“Dru we can’t do that,” His eyes were still closed and a lazy smile graced his face. Buffy dropped her head. Of course he was thinking about Drusilla.

She shook him awake, probably a little rougher than was necessary. He rubbed his eyes and looked at her, his expression dopey.

“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

“We’re about to land; you have to put your belt on.” She pushed the feelings of jealousy and sadness away and smiled.

~/~

An hour and a half later and Buffy was standing in her old room, the striped green and white wallpaper staring back at her. She placed her suitcase on her armchair and looked over to Spike. She knew where this was going. There were a total of three beds in the Summers’ home; her mothers, Dawn’s, and her own. It was clear that the sleeping arrangements had been orchestrated by Dawn.

“So pet where am I sleeping?” Buffy turned to face Spike with a sheepish expression.

“Well, due to the lack of bedding in the house you’ll probably be sleeping here, in this bed, with me, I mean I can sleep on the couch of course, what was I thinking? You’re the guest you should get the bed. Sorry, my brain is just all squishy from the flight and I’ll just grab some things and go.” She could have killed herself at the amount of verbal diarrhoea flowing from her mouth.

“You’re nuts.” She had to agree “Sleep in the bed I’ll take the couch.” She went to protest but her mother bet her to it.

“Nonsense Spike you’re the guest in our house, you take the bed. Besides Buffy your father will be on the couch so that’s taken, goodnight you two.” She closed the door behind her and Buffy took a deep breath.

“O.K well we’re both adults here, not like it’s a slumber party and I’ve snuck you in through the window.” Spike raised a brow and smirked.

“Naughty girl, does this mean there’s no pillow fights?” Buffy gave him an irritated look and he held his hands up in surrender.

She fidgeted with the sleeve of her top for a few moments before unzipping her bag. She looked the garment over, nothing too sinister. It was a black satin nighty, she was sure he’d seen kinkier. She turned and smiled awkwardly before moving to the adjoining bathroom. She knew it was stupid and that they would most likely be asleep within five minutes but she couldn’t help sweeping some mascara across her lashes and fluffing her hair.
When she opened the door her breath caught in her throat. Spike was standing there in all his glory; he looked up and quickly grabbed a pillow from the bed.

“Buffy!”

“Ah, Sorry I shouldn’t have…been in my room.” She resisted the urge to slam the door shut and hop into an ice cold shower, instead she put her other clothes on top of her suitcase and dutifully looked the other way as Spike slipped some pants on.

She turned around and smiled before walking over to the bed.

“So that didn’t freak you out then?” He eyed her warily, pulling back the covers.

“Please Spike I was working for you when your costume was a sock, its fine.” She tried to hold back the blush at the image of him in her head…every little…well BIG bit of him.

He nodded and they both got into the queen size bed. Buffy tentatively flicked the lamp off and remained still; she didn’t think she could remember a time when she was this stiff in her own bed. Spike sighed.

“Buffy I can sleep somewhere else.” She looked over at him, moonlight casting light through the window.

“It’s fine Spike, really.” She smiled and let her body relax. She could do this…maybe. It would probably take every effort to not jump his bones but hey.

“What…?” She froze, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. His eyes were bulging out of his head; yep she’d definitely said that out loud.

“I’m just kidding!” Her heart was about to beat through her chest and her voice had taken on a squeaky tone “You wish you could get someone like me.” She wondered if she was having a heart attack. She saw him relax against the pillows and he gave a strained laugh.

“You’ve got some sense of humour pet.” She laughed, hoping it sounded relaxed.

She rolled on her side so she was facing the wall. Her phone buzzed on the bedside table and she slid it open, it was from Dawn.

Are you guys doing it yet? Buffy stared at the message in shock.

Dawn! No, nothing’s happening. She swore she’d just sent it when another buzz sounded out; she glanced behind her to see Spike out like a light.

Want me to tell mom to put earplugs in? ;-)

Goodnight Dawn.

Buffy switched her phone off and tried to get to sleep, she held back a gasp when she felt Spike’s cool arm encircle her waist, he mumbled something incoherent and she felt his breath against her neck. It was going to be a long night.

TBC.......
End Notes:
S-o what'd you guys think? Tell me, tell me, tell me, pretty please :-)
Chapter 4 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
I'm so so sorry I couldn't update before I went away, but I got back today and here is chapter 4. Once again you guys are so amazing, loving all the support. Hope you enjoy this one!
Buffy supposed it was around 3 AM once again when she was woken up, this time it was by her sister whispering her name.

“Buffy. Buffy. Buffy. Buffy. Oh my God wake up!” Her whisper had turned into a high pitch whine.

“Dawn!” Buffy hissed and slapped a hand over her sister’s mouth, relaxing when she realised Spike was sprawled out on the other side of the bed.

“Just, I need to talk to you, come on.” Buffy sighed and crawled out of bed. Dawn took the time to raise a brow.

“Really? You go to bed with that Greek God of a man and you wear that?” Buffy sent her a withering glare before Dawn shrugged and led her out into the hallway.

They quietly made their way downstairs and out onto the back porch, the night was hot so there was no need for a blanket. Dawn clicked the door shut then turned to her.

“What if we’re not meant to be married?” Buffy’s eyes widened.

“Dawn…What are you talking about?” Dawn flopped down into her chair before immediately standing up again.

“I’m getting married Buffy, in two days. Hours from now I’ll be stuck, it will be him for the rest of my life and what if I don’t want that? What if I have college girl slut in me that is just going to rebel against everything a marriage stands for, Buffy I can’t do it I can’t marry him.”

“Dawn shut up.” Her tone leaked with annoyance “You have wanted to marry Andrew since the first day you met him, I mean for crying out loud you went to Comic-Con! Dawn you’ve had your Spring Break, you’ve had your fill of high school losers and relationships that went nowhere. You’ve found the real thing now, and believe you me; I wish I had the real thing. I wish it more than anything and you’re so lucky. So don’t throw it away…ok?”

Dawn blinked several times before pursing her lips.

“Jeez Buffy take a chill pill.” She grinned and hugged the stunned blonde before making her way back inside, Buffy ran her hands through her hair and let out an annoyed grunt.

On her way back through the kitchen she heard whispers from the lounge.

“Does baby want her daily dose of papa bear?” Buffy’s eyes bulged as she heard her mother’s giggle and what she thought was a growl.

Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. EW!

Quickly she covered her ears and jogged up the stairs, she knew she probably should have tip toed but she couldn’t have cared less, hearing her parents trying to get it on in the living room was not something she wanted to prolong.

She clicked her bedroom door shut behind her and made her way to the bed, most of the disturbing imagery gone.

“Buffy?” He mumbled her name and she remained still, he showed no signs of waking so she gently reached out to trace one of his killer cheekbones. She smiled when he nuzzled her palm. He was so gorgeous. She sighed and flopped down onto her back, surprised once more when he ceased to wake. She had to get over this; she needed to get over him.

It was easy enough to repeat but once he rolled over and tugged her tightly to his half naked body it flew out the window.

~/~

Morning came way too quickly for Buffy’s liking. At 6 AM she had been woken up by Dawn and dragged downstairs, two strips of bacon, an egg, and a bagel had been forced down her throat and she’d nearly choked on her orange juice by Dawn’s demand to ‘skull it or lose it’. Sure she could understand it was the last day before the…well big day, but still she’d never seen Dawn act crazier.

Around two hours later she had to admit she was jealous when Spike leisurely descended the stairs. She took a moment to look him over, his hair was bouncing onto his forehead making him look like a young boy and his arms held slight lines from where the blankets had indented, she held back a giggle when she noticed a line was on his cheek.

“Hey Spike I think I see a wrinkle.” She held back more laughter when his eyes bulged out of his head and he rushed to the mirror, he rolled his eyes when he saw the line against his cheek. He rolled his eyes and his smile turned predatory, or at least what Buffy thought was predatory. She smiled nervously and began backing up slowly.

“That wasn’t funny kitten, one wrinkle in my career and suddenly you’re being asked to play the fathers and grandfathers of little sprogs in PG kiddy flicks.” He lunged for her and grabbed her waist.

Buffy squealed before flailing her limbs around. She began giggling manically when he flung her over his shoulder and started attacking her ribs with his fingers.
This continued for another few minutes before they were interrupted by a loud cough. Both blondes froze and turned to look towards Dawn who was tapping her foot impatiently.

“As adorable as this is, Buffy you have work to do and Spike you may be a kick ass movie star that can earn one point two million for taking your shirt off,” Spike let out a huff, it was true he made a lot more than that “but you still need a suit. Dad said he’d take you to the shops. Let’s go people, action!” Dawn’s long hair flung out behind her in a dramatic exit and Spike slowly lowered Buffy to the ground.

Buffy sighed and looked up at Spike who was looking at her with his head tilted to the side. God she hated it when he did that, it made him ten times sexier, and it made her urges to pull him close and kiss the crap out of him a lot harder too. He quickly turned his head away and moved to the stairs.

“We’re even love; best do what your sister says otherwise I’ll never get you back to bed.” Her head whipped up but he was already halfway up the stairs.

Before she had time to even think about what that meant her sister charged past her and grabbed her hand.

“Cake shop now, I don’t know the full story but I heard lime green and that’s all I need.” Buffy groaned and followed her sister to the car. Today was not going to be easy.

TBC......
End Notes:
S-ooo tell me how I went? Please Please Please? :-) ooh and I swear my next chappie will be longer!
Chapter 5 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Thought I would update a little quicker than usual for you guys, mostly because you've all been so amazing with the reviews and support. You guys rock! I tried to make this one longer, really I did :-)
Buffy thudded her head against her bedroom door. For forty minutes they had been at the cake shop, thirty of which had been Dawn screaming at her mother and the staff, one of the most popular quotes of the morning being ‘I’m the bride everything gets run through me’ throw in tears – not necessarily Dawn’s either – and her morning had been complete. She turned and noticed a plastic sheath lying on the bed, she mused that her father must have taken the opportunity to get the suit shopping done early.

Curiosity getting the better of her she slid the zip down and peered at the material. It was gorgeous, Armani from what she could tell. If Spike wore his usual deep red button up underneath he would be damn near irresistible. Not to mention they would match, she smiled and zipped the plastic back up.

“Is that you pet?” She could have passed out at the sight she saw. Spike walked out of the bathroom with a plush white towel around his waist. Beads of water slowly running down his taut skin, muscles flexing, hair all wet and curled. She was going to jump him.

He gave her a quizzical glance and she shook her head.

“I need to shower.” She pushed past him into the bathroom and locked the door; she wrenched both taps on and stripped off her clothes. Two seconds under the tepid water and her hand was already between her legs, giving her neglected sex some much needed attention. She’d been through a lot in the last couple of days and she’d be damned if she was going to keep living in this state of sexual frustration.

She bit her lip and held in a moan as her fingers circled her clit, all her thoughts focused on the man just outside that door.

“Buffy?” His voice sent sparks of arousal straight to her core.

“You alright love?” Her fingers slowly kept moving; she knew she probably should have stopped and answered him but his voice was so God damn sexy. She quickened her pace.

“Love, answer me or I’m coming in.” Oh God please do.

She realised she was close and couldn’t contain a quiet moan.

“Buffy come on.” Yes, yes!

She came crashing over the edge and threw her head back only to send it smacking against the shower wall. The next few moments were hazy. Pain and pleasure were crossing over with each other and Spike had begun to evidently try pry open the door.

“I’m fine Spike; seriously I’ll be out in a minute.” She quickly washed her hair – wincing when she rubbed the sore spot on her head from the fight with the wall – and used her vanilla body wash.

It was when she realised that she was without a towel that she sighed and hung her head forward. She listened for signs of life in her room, nothing.

“Hey Spike?” She bit her lip and listened for a reply. If he was out of the room she could sneak in and grab a towel. Making an executive decision she opened the door and tip toed into her bedroom, relieved to find it empty. She quickly made her way to the folded towel on the bed, rolling her eyes when she dropped it. Just as she bent over to grab it she heard a choked sound from behind her. Her eyes bulged and she whipped around.

Spike stood there, mouth agape, a glass of iced tea about to fall out of his hand. Buffy covered her front with the towel and unintelligent sounds made their way out of her throat.

“Buffy…I’m sorry, the door….something about a bloody door.” Buffy nodded quickly and tried to push down her urge to flee into the bathroom, she was an adult not a blushing teenager.

“Well…now we’re…even?” She squeaked.

He chuckled and turned around, his grip on his glass now tightened. Buffy took the chance to grab a sundress and slip it on over her head, after rustling around for some underwear she cleared her throat.

“You can uh…turn around now.”

“Wish I could say I’d seen you close to naked up to this point but this is a first for me.” Buffy pursed her lips, she could have sworn that was flirting, was he flirting with her?

“Huh?” She had no idea what he was on about. Spike looked abashed.

“Yesterday, with the uh…comment about the sock…never mind.” Buffy ran a hand through her hair.

“You know what it really is not a big deal, we’re even now and that’s all there is to it. Don’t forget we have the rehearsal dinner tonight.” She beamed and walked past him out into the hall, not noticing his shudder or the way his nostrils flared.

~/~

Buffy watched as her father made the toast to the happy couple. So far the evening had been going well. Dawn and Andrew had been smiling and laughing all night, there had been no screaming fits or meltdowns over the smallest details and the food was excellent. Buffy knew she looked cute in her short red satin dress with pockets and black pumps, and Spike looked gorgeous in a grey suit with a blue button up.

She ran her hand through her hair and winced, there was so going to be a bump there. Spike glanced at her and she held her blush at bay. He didn’t need to know why she would have a mountain on her head by tomorrow.

“So I would like to say a toast to my little girl and…I want to say Andrew?” Cue mortified look from Dawn and self-conscious look from Andrew. Buffy nodded fiercely and Hank smiled.

“To Dawn and Andrew, I hope tomorrow runs smoothly and I wish you both all the best, I love you sweetheart.” There was a collective ‘To Dawn and Andrew’ and everyone sipped their champagne.

“Thanks Daddy, now I’d just like to say something about the wonderful man I’m going to marry.” Dawn rose and held her glass in one hand “Andrew I met you nine months ago and from the first second my life has gotten better. Every day with you is an adventure and there’s so much more I need to say but now we have forever.” Andrew jumped up and kissed his bride to be and Buffy blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears threatening to spill over. If she was like this at the rehearsal dinner she was going to be a mess tomorrow.

Spike turned to face her, his expression becoming concerned.

“I’m fine, seeing Dawn this happy just…makes me happy.” He gave her a smile and held her gaze.

“Well happy looks good on you Buffy.” The eye contact held for another beat before her mother interrupted.

“So Buffy tell me, my little pumpkin belly is getting married tomorrow, how about you? When do you and Spike plan to get engaged?”

All the warm feelings from the eye contact with Spike immediately vanished.

“What?” Buffy’s eyes bulged as she questioned her mom; Spike remained silent though his eyes were wary.

“Come on sweetie, I know you two are together. I mean I can see it when you look at him, it’s so obvious you’re in love with him.”

“It is?” Her voice was a choked whisper and her heart was ready to break through her ribs. Of all the ways for Spike to find out she never thought it would be through her mother.

“And of course I love her, she’s my girl.” Spike wrapped an arm around a stunned Buffy.

“I am?” Her voice was weak, he gave a pointed look and she cleared her throat “Yes, I am.”

“We didn’t want to steal the show from niblet so we decided to keep it a secret for a bit longer. We were going to tell you when Dawn was off on her honeymoon.” Joyce smiled brightly and touched Spike’s arm.

“I love it, you two together, it is adorable. Don’t worry I’ll keep your secret.” She winked and moved off to another table. Buffy whipped her head around to face Spike.

“A word in the hall please.” Spike nodded and followed her out.

Once Buffy was sure no one was around she flailed her arms around.

What was that?”

“Like I said on the plane, if need be we’ll tell them we’re shaggin’ thought I might clean it up for your mother though.”

“Oh my God, you actors are so dramatic!” Spike furrowed his brow.

“Oi I bloody resent that. I saved you in there what’s the big deal?” He pouted and she resisted the urge to bite his lip.

“Oh you have no idea, what happens when we go back to LA Spike? I call mom up and tell her we broke up. Then she gives me the stupid patronizing pep talk, and makes me feel like crap by saying oh its O.K honey I understand that I’ll never have grandchildren and are you sure you’re not gay?” She began pacing, her red dress shining.

“Buffy…”

“No, I know you were doing a nice thing for me and thank you for it but we’re fucked now.”

“Buffy…”

“What am I going to do when I tell her that we broke up? What’s worse is you’re not just a normal guy either, you’re the man that rakes in a ridiculous salary, you’re drop dead gorgeous, and you’re a world renowned actor for crying out loud.”

“Gorgeous?” She could see his ego inflating.

“Of course you are Spike, you know it too. Crap.” He was smiling now though she remained oblivious.

“O.K here’s the plan, we carry out the charade, and after all our flight home is the day after tomorrow and with the wedding no one can really study us too closely.” Spike was looking at her blankly.

There was a beat of silence.

“Wow I just got kind of crazy just then.” Spike gave her a genuine smile.

“I’m really sorry, my mom stresses me out and my family is so crazy,” She took a deep breath “You helped me a lot by doing that, thank you William.” He grimaced at the use of his proper name as he pulled her into his arms.

“It’s like I said Buffy, happy looks good on you.” The hug lasted a second longer than necessary, when they pulled apart Buffy was left looking into his baby blues, his mouth centimetres from hers. She knew what she’d do if he didn’t move, and she didn’t see him pulling away either. He looked like he wanted to say something but settled for brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

She jumped a mile when her phone started going off in the pocket of her dress. Spike took a step back and Buffy did the same, immediately she missed the feeling of his hand on her cheek, quickly she fondled with her phone and slid it open. Spike motioned that he’d see her in the other room and she gave a dumb nod. When he was out of sight her shoulders slumped and she pressed her phone to her ear.

“Hey Willow.”

TBC.....
End Notes:
I know I know, damn Willow! Please please please tell me what you guys think? :-)
Chapter 6 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Thanks again for all the support everyone! You're feeding my muse like crazy! Anyway I'm really nervous about how this chapter is going to go down, please be kind :-) Enjoy!
“Willow I already told you everything, can I go to bed?” Buffy whined and slumped back against the porch swing, the night was humid again.

“O.K I know the almost kiss, the sleeping arrangements and the couple thing…” She pursed her lips as if she was thinking, she’d already had a couple of glasses of wine and she was starting to act tipsy “Oh and tell me, are you going to tell him you love him?” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Yeah because that would go so well right now, come on Wills, the day after tomorrow we go back to LA where he’s the movie star and I’m plain old Joan. Plus he’s still going through the Drusilla stage. There’s no way it would work.”

Willow gave her a funny look.

“Uh Buffy hate to break it to you but you are definitely not normal.”

“Gee thanks Wills.”

“I mean that in a really good way trust me, and also you need a man in your life.”

“I have Angel.” Buffy pouted.

“Cats don’t propose.” Willow’s voice was dry, at Buffy’s glare the red head smiled and made her way back inside, Buffy sighed and looked out at her old backyard.

She wanted Spike, she wanted him to be her boyfriend, she wanted the cute kisses and cuddles and she wanted the stupid fights that ended in earth shattering sex, the only thing stopping her from having these things was the crippling fear that he didn’t want her back.

She looked over at the door to see the man in question.

“Lo’ love, finally got your rents off my back.” He gave her a smile and sat down next to her.

“Well to be fair they think this is real.” She swore she saw a flash of something in his eyes, he remained silent.

Buffy bit her lip and toyed with the bottom of her track suit pants, both knees curled up against her chest. She’d never felt awkward with Spike before. She looked over and found herself caught in his gaze, brilliant blue eyes that tore right through her; she tried to control her breathing as she noticed his proximity. His lips were so close.

“Why can’t it be?” His voice was a rough whisper.

“Spike…” She searched his eyes.

“Why…can’t…it…be…real?” With every pause his face had gotten closer to the point where Buffy couldn’t look at him without going cross eyed, for the hundredth time on this trip Buffy’s heart was thrashing in her chest like a caged animal.

She went to speak but found herself being cut off by his lips, demanding but still gentle. Her head spun as she registered his hand moving to the back of her head, bringing her closer. Her hands found his biceps and she clung on for dear life. Idly she thought maybe Dawn had killed her from pre-wedding stress and she was in heaven but that flew out the window when she heard Spike’s throaty moan and felt the slightest intrusion of his tongue.

The kiss broke and both blondes were left panting, Buffy felt a twinge between her legs when she saw the lust evident in Spike’s eyes. She’d never wanted a man more in her whole existence. She took a shuddering breath before forcing herself to pull back.

“W-what was that?” She cursed herself for stuttering.

“We were making out…now we’re not, let’s change that.” He went to kiss her again but Buffy held strong.

“O.K mister yeah that was us making out, and as good as it was…why did it happen?” He sighed and gently slumped back against the swing.

“It happened because I’ve been bloody driving myself nuts wondering what it would be like. Buffy for the last few weeks I’ve been noticing things about you, feeling differently, and today when I saw you in the bedroom” if possible his eyes darkened “All I wanted to do was kiss you, and tonight in the hallway we were so close. Something’s happening to me Buffy.”

She turned her body to face him, one hand gently stroking his arm.

“For a long time it was pain, Dru left me, ripped my heart out and I didn’t know what to do. Then you started working for me and made me happy, we were friends. You were the only bird I could stand, everyone else made me think of the divorce. In the last couple of weeks I’ve seen you Buffy. You’re beautiful, and you’re kind. You’re insane but it’s bloody adorable, and you know me, you don’t want my money, you don’t want the fame, you’re not afraid to put me in line when I’m being a right git and you’re just you.” He gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

“Pinch me.” Her voice was weak.

“I’m not gonna bloody well pinch you.” He rolled his eyes and crushed his lips to hers. She let herself get lost in the kiss, her brain imprinting every second for life. His cool lips, his daring tongue, and the way he uniquely smelled like cigarettes, Bourbon and spice. The kiss ended and she was left staring into his brilliant eyes once more.

“Buffy, I want this.”

“What is this?” Her eyes were uncertain.

“Whatever you’ll let me have. I’m drowning in you Buffy and God help me if you aren’t my lifesaver as well.” He ran his hands lightly through her hair.

“You can have it all.”

~/~

Buffy was on cloud nine as she stood off to the side of her sister. Finally Dawn and Andrew were standing at the altar, all the months of crazy midnight phone calls would finally end, all the screaming fits and tantrums would be gone, and she could enjoy all of this while being in the arms of her new boyfriend. The goofy smile that crossed her face made her think for sure she looked like a maniac.

She had to give Dawn credit, she did look amazing today. Her hair was swept up in a loose bun with strands hanging delicately around her face. Her makeup was natural and gave her that touch of elegance, team all that together with her floor length strapless gown and she was a total knock out.

She watched Dawn and Andrew exchange rings and felt the familiar burning sensation at the back of her eyes. Her sister had a large grin on her face and her eyes were shimmering with unshed tears as she slid the ring on Andrew’s finger. Buffy wondered if Andrew would get told off later for putting a Star Wars reference in the vows.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.” The priest smiled as the couple kissed passionately. They turned to the audience and laughed at the applause before walking hand in hand back down the aisle. Buffy followed and met Spike halfway down.

“You looked beautiful out there.” He gave her a quick kiss and she beamed at him.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” He smirked and led her down the aisle. Buffy gnawed at her lip, tomorrow they’d be flying back to LA and she couldn’t help but wonder if reality would rear its ugly head on their new relationship.

TBC.....
End Notes:
*Hides behind fingers* How'd I do? Please take the time to let me know :-)
Chapter 7 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
I feel like I haven't updated in forever! SO sorry everyone, this heatwave that seems to be taking over Perth is driving me insane at the moment, lets just say my A/C is cranking non stop. Anyway enough about me, you guys rock and enjoy the chapter!
Buffy usually tried to pride herself on not being a jealous person, she tried to always react after she’d heard the full story and both sides nonetheless, but this time the green eyed monster was rearing its ugly head to nearly overwhelming proportions.

It had all started when she and Willow had been walking by a local news stand, Willow of course had gone to pick up her weekly instalment of People Magazine and Buffy had flicked through whilst they sat down for coffee at Starbucks. Then it happened. A random two-page spread showing Spike in a night club with some red haired tramp all over him, the title was probably the most annoying thing about it.

FOXY RED HEAD SETS SPIKE BYRNE ON FIRE!

Willow was eyeing her cautiously as she sipped her coffee and nibbled on her scone.

“I hate the media. I mean who is that?! That’s definitely Spike, he told me he was going to that night club, wait I was the one who sent him there! Damn why did I think it would be good for publicity?”

“Buffy chill, I’m sure if you ask him about it he’s going to say she was some red haired bitty who was trying to get all up on him but he pushed her away because you’re his girl.” Buffy clicked her tongue and flicked to the next page, her phone buzzed on the table.

“Speak of the devil…” Buffy slid her phone open and let out a sigh “Hello?”

“Hi baby, I’ve got some good news for you.” Buffy tried not to roll her eyes, one more time and they would probably roll right out of her head.

“And that is?” Willow put on her resolve face and Buffy tried to edge the ‘pissed off’ vibe out of her tone.

“The premiere for the movie is in a couple of weeks, I’m going to take you to get yourself something nice. Where shall we go, Paris?” Buffy felt her suspicions creep up.

“Paris sounds divine.” Willow raised a brow.

“Alright I’ll get it set up, we’ll leave this weekend.”

“Sounds good, I’ll see you tonight at Willow’s.”

“Alright kitten, see you then.” The tone went dead and Buffy slid her phone shut.

“Paris?” Willow asked, finishing her coffee.

“O.K so I see a picture of my boyfriend and some red haired ho-bag, then said boyfriend offers to take me to Paris, AKA the city of love, can you say diversion or what.”

“You could say that, or, and this is just another option, you could say jealous and irrational girlfriend.” Willow was unaffected by the death glare Buffy sent her way “Buffy for God’s sake he’s taking you to fricken Paris!” Cue shoulder slump from Buffy.

“Ugh you’re right he’s perfect.”

“Obviously that bothers you?”

“No…and yes, it’s just everything has been great but I still feel like I'm walking on eggshells, just waiting for something to come down and ruin everything.” Buffy chewed her lip.

“Have you had sex?” Buffy shook her head and Willow’s eyes bulged “God why not!?”

“I know it’s crazy, and believe me it’s getting really hard.” Willow giggled and Buffy groaned.

“Sorry, accidental puns are the funniest. So why is there halting of the smoochies?”

“I need to know that he loves me back…I can’t give myself to him and have him rip my heart out Wills, I can’t even imagine the pain.”

“You haven’t told him you love him yet?”

“Oh yeah, hey Spike I know we’ve only been together for two weeks but I’m so madly in love with you.” Buffy’s tone was dry.

“You’d probably get sex from it.” Buffy gave a chuckle and Willow’s eyes lit up like a meteor shower.

“Come on, I have a plan.”

~/~

Buffy felt relaxed, that she was sure of. After the coffee shop incident they’d gone to the local day spa and ordered the works. One facial, pedicure, manicure, and a full body massage later and Buffy was ready to melt into her very own puddle of Buffy goo. She had been pampered further when the two had gone to the hair salon; she’d opted to go for highlights and a trim, not wanting to change anything major.

Now she was sitting on Willow’s couch watching an old black and white movie, a girl had just fallen in love with a doctor and was singing her joy to the birds outside her kitchen window.

“Buffy did Spike say he was bringing anything?” Willow called from the kitchen. For once they had decided to have a home cooked meal.

“Yeah I made some potato salad he’s getting it from my place.”

“O.K cool, I hope Angel doesn’t give him any trouble.”
Buffy giggled at the thought of a cat giving Spike any problems.

~/~

“Alright you little flea bag, away from the fridge.” Spike eyed the black cat warily as it hissed at him. He’d known that Buffy had a cat but he’d never had the displeasure of meeting him.

“Oh sod it.” He opened the fridge and Angel made a strangled noise before attacking his jean clad leg.

“AGH!” Spike was between a rock and a hard place, he couldn’t get Angel off by force and he didn’t want to risk losing a finger.

The phone rang and Angel miraculously let go of his leg and jogged off to the other room. Spike sighed in relief and finally grabbed the potato salad, he figured it wasn’t his place to answer her home phone; they weren’t at that stage yet.

Spike froze when the phone went to voicemail, he’d expected Dawn or maybe Joyce but not a guy, his grip on the bowl slowly tightened.

“Hey Buffy it’s Riley, it was good to see you last week, give me a call back…It was really good to see you and thanks.”

In the corner Angel let out a meow.

~/~

Dinner had been quieter than usual, everyone had eaten quickly and Tara had tried to break the awkward silence to no avail. It was only once they were back in Buffy’s apartment had the questioning started.

“O.K Spike seriously what’s up?” Buffy folded her arms and Spike sighed.

“Listen to your answering machine.” Buffy’s brow furrowed as she pressed the button underneath the flashing 2.

“Buffy it’s mom, I’ll be coming down next week when Dawn gets back from her honeymoon, she left me a message today saying she has big news, OH and I’ve got news of my own, see you then sweetie.” Buffy looked confused.

“That’s what made you upset?” Spike shook his head and the next message began to play.

“Hey Buffy it’s Riley, it was good to see you last week, give me a call back…It was really good to see you and thanks.” Buffy remained confused.

“Care to explain why that has your panties twisted?”

“Who is he Buffy? A friend? An old Boyfriend? Some one night stand?”

“Oh my God Spike I’m allowed to have male friends, you don’t control who I see.”

“I bloody know that Buffy but I’d never have lunch with some bird without telling you first.”

“Oh really? You know that is surprising because I don’t remember being told about the ‘Foxy red head’ at the club last week.”

“What the bloody…Oh that?” His tone conveyed his surprise “What? You think that was something? You’re kidding.”

“Well obviously you think something is going on with me and Riley, why should I have any more faith in you than you have in me?” She threw her hands up in the air.

“Buffy that girl was nobody, someone I pushed off as soon as she tried to dance with me. Don’t be so paranoid.” He tersely ran a hand through his hair, loosening the gelled back strands.

“O.K Spike you wanna talk paranoid. Riley is my homosexual cousin, he came out to me when I had lunch with him last Wednesday and I told him that he should come out to his parents.” Buffy was pretty sure she’d never been more pissed off.

“Look Buffy…”

“No Spike, I would NEVER cheat on you EVER, and you want to know why? Because I am so hopelessly in love with you that the thought of betraying you kills me. Now I’d really like it if you’d leave.”

“Buffy…” Spike’s eyes were wide with adoration.

“Please leave now, just I need to be alone.” She walked over to her door and opened it, avoiding eye contact with Spike as he walked out. She clicked the door shut behind him and began to let her tears fall. She was momentarily shocked by Spike coming back through the door.

“I’m not leaving Buffy, I love you.”

“You love me?”

“Since the moment I saw you.”

“Is that a line from a movie?” She bit her lip and he rolled his eyes.

“You know how to kill a mood don’t you pet.” He drew her into his arms and she smiled.

“Oh Spike, the mood’s not dead.” Willow was right, she'd be getting sex out of it.

TBC....
End Notes:
Eeeeeh what did you think?? Please let me know :-)
Chapter 8 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
Oh My God I feel like I haven't updated in forever, I hope you guys forgive me! Don't worry I haven't abondonned my little WIP. Thank you guys for all the continued support on my chapters and I hope this one does just as well. Anyway you guys = amazing, and that's about it. ENJOY :-)
Buffy sighed in content against Spike’s firm lips, he loved her, she loved him, life didn’t get much better than this. He gently guided her to the plush couch and she giggled as he pulled her down onto his lap. Making out with Spike was a whole different experience, there was no awkward fumbling, no nervous glances, it was like they moulded to each other perfectly and she’d was damn sure he was the best kisser on the face of the planet.

Just as things were getting interesting the sound of two phones going off made them both jump out of their skin. Buffy ran a hand through her hair and checked her called ID, it was her sister. Spike’s brow furrowed as he checked his own phone. Spike gently moved her aside and walked out to her balcony, Buffy decided she’d think about that later as she slid her own phone open.

“Hey Dawn, what’s up?” She cringed as she heard huge gulping sobs on the other line.

“B-B-Buffy!” Dawn’s voice was shrill forcing Buffy to hold the phone away from her ear.

“Dawn what’s happened?” Her eyes slid over to her balcony were Spike stood with his back to her.

“Iwantadivorce!” Buffy hung her head and gripped her hair in frustration, this was just like her sister, even when they were kids Dawn would get their mom to buy a toy and then scream and cry in the car. She decided to use the same tact as her mother in calming her sister down.

“Dawn, you don’t want a divorce.”

“Yes I do!”

“Dawn you love Andrew, he’s everything you ever wanted.” She refrained from saying ‘we won’t get our money back if we return him’.

“He doesn’t love me!” Buffy’s raised a brow.

“Yes he does Dawn.”

“I just…I need to talk to you, can you please come over?”

“Dawn you live an hour away, can we meet for lunch tomorrow?”

“Please Buffy.” Dawn sounded absolutely shattered as she whispered those words causing a strong twinge of sisterly duty to sound off in Buffy’s heart.

“Alright I’ll leave in five minutes, see you soon Dawnie.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.” She slid her phone shut and slumped back against the couch; conveniently Spike had finished his conversation and was coming back into her apartment.

“Hey.” She smiled at him.

“Hey.” His eyes were tired and his mouth was drawn into a thin line.

“Spike what’s wrong?” She was on her feet and in front of him within seconds.

“Ah, there’s been a break in at my place, it was Drusilla.” Buffy’s eyes widened and she reached out to touch his arm, feeling the immediate rejection as he subtly moved away from her touch.

“Are you going back there now?” She asked quietly.

“Yeah I’ve got to, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He gave her a more heart-warming smile and a chaste kiss on the lips then he was gone, she didn’t think that the click of her door had ever sounded so loud before.

“…O.K….bye.” She shook her head and held back the hot tears that burnt the back of her eyes, it was stupid to be so upset she knew that much but she’d seen Spike after his divorce, he had been completely wrecked. He’d been drinking every day, smoking like a chimney, not to mention he stopped looking for work. When Buffy had gone to his house she’d had to nearly push him into a shower and force a plate of waffles down his throat. The thought of that woman coming anywhere near Spike made her seriously jealous with a healthy side of overall doubt.

~/~

The ride to Dawn’s had felt longer than it was, probably because the radio had been off and all Buffy had had to focus on was the sounds of oncoming traffic on the busy streets of LA. Quickly she found a park outside of Dawn’s apartment and jogged up the stairs. She’d barely knocked once when she was dragged inside by a red eyed Dawn with mascara all down her cheeks. The site definitely came as a shock considering the last time she’d seen Dawn this messed up was when their parents had split up.

Quickly she pulled her sister into her arms and clutched her tight.

“Dawn what’s wrong? Please tell me.” Dawn’s sobs rose up again and Buffy carefully moved her to the bedroom. One sobbing Dawn tucked in later and Buffy was seriously worried.

“Andrew told me something today.” Buffy stayed quiet.

“He’s….he’s….” Thoughts flashed through Buffy’s mind, he’s got cancer, no he’s an evil mastermind, no better yet he’s an alien life force, the suspense was killing her.

“Buffy he’s gay!” Sobs overrode Dawn’s body and Buffy sat there slack jawed.

“Shit.” Buffy’s tone was quiet.

“Two weeks ago I was madly in love with my fiancé and now what. He married me and he knew he was gay, we're legally married and now we need a divorce. Why would he do that to me? He’s my whole life now, we’ve put a deposit on a house for God’s sake, I can't live here because the new owners are moving in next week. I was already picking out names for our kids, and he is gay. He likes men. What the hell is wrong with me?” Her voice cracked and more tears fell.

Buffy moved next to her on the bed and stroked her hair; words would do nothing for her right now so all she could offer was her silent support.

~/~

Buffy awoke with a dull pain in her neck, looking around her sister’s sleeping form she spotted the clock, the small red numbers burning her eyes with 6:15. She sat up quietly so she didn’t wake Dawn, the brunette had finally succumbed to sleep around three, tears still tracking their way down her cheeks.

She walked out into the kitchen deciding to make some pancakes, hopefully her sister had cried out all of her tears the night before and would be onto the eating her weight in ice cream phase. Part of her still couldn’t believe it, Andrew was gay. Sure she’d made jokes to Dawn before about the Star Wars obsession and the fact that when he saw Spike his eyes turned into pumping love hearts but she’d never though he was actually gay. He’d always looked at Dawn with such affection that it was hard to believe it was true.

She sighed and pulled some ingredients from the cupboard, stilling when her phone buzzed on the counter, sliding it open she saw a text message pop up from Spike.

Hey Baby, I need to talk to you, lunch today?

Sure...

See you at the bistro on the corner @ 12:30 xx


The x’s made her immediately feel better so she hastily replied.

See you then :-) xx

She heard a groan from the bedroom and resigned herself to a long day ahead.

TBC.....
End Notes:
*Bites nails* S-o-o what do you think?? Please let me know :-)
Chapter 9 by iivyy13
Author's Notes:
GASP! An update! But it can't be??!! Oh it is! I apologize for the lateness of this chapter, it certainly has been a long time coming. I'm up to date with review responses now and Oh My Gosh a HUGE THANKYOU for all my dedicated reviewers, without your support this story would still be on chapter one. I hope you all enjoy where I'm taking it. ALSO THANKS TO DEMONA424, you gave me inspiration for the argument scene! Anyway I'm rambling, ENJOY :-)
Buffy chewed at her lip and wrung her hands out beneath the table. Spike was at the counter ordering their meals though she doubted she could eat anything in this state, her heart was beating irregularly and she could feel herself on the brink of hyperventilation. Usually she was cool as a cucumber but when the love of her life refused to speak more than a few words to her she couldn’t help but feel a little nervous.



She refocused when the man in question sat across from her, a tight lipped smile firmly secured on his face.



“Andrew came out to Dawn.” Nice Buffy, queen of tact.



“Are you bloody serious? I’ll fucking kill that little nitwit of a sod.” His jaw clenched and for the first time that morning Buffy felt the awkwardness evaporate. She laughed and felt relieved when he smiled genuinely.



“How’s your sis going then?”



“She’s…taking it hard. I mean they were still honeymooners…and he’s gay, she’s pretty much devastated. Right about now she’s probably devouring a tub of ice cream and watching Dirty Dancing.” Spike raised one brow and almost hesitantly reached across the table to grab her hand, the touch was comforting but the look on his face was anything but.



“Buffy I have to talk to you about something serious.” Cue her heart beating out of her chest.



“You’re not gay are you?” She tried to laugh but it felt distinctly like she was choking, if he broke it off she might just jump off the bridge on the way home.



“You know I’m definitely not. Anyway the break in last night was some crazed fan, she actually tied herself to my bedpost, naked as the day she was born. When I got there the police had her in custody. Anyway, made me realise that I need to upgrade all the security in my house and maybe get a few more men watching the perimeter.”



“I thought it was Drusilla?”



“The police thought it was Dru because she had black hair, was actually just a random girl with a wig on, off her bird she was. That’s the crack team that foils LA’s criminal minds, we should all be afraid.”



“Spike…where is this going?” Crazy women trying to bed Spike Byrne was not a new fact to anyone and she had a feeling he was avoiding something. Before they could go on they were interrupted by Miss fake tan.



“Here you go one garden salad and one steak burger.” Her eyes lingered on Spike and Buffy felt her inner bitch rising.



“Now is there anything else I can get you?” Buffy’s eyebrow rose. Hello I’m here too you skanky ho.



“No love that’s everything.” Spike attempted to brush her off and Buffy rolled her eyes at the pet name, no wonder he acquired stalkers.



“O.K but you’re just so amazing in all your movies I couldn’t pass up the chance to talk to you.” She batted her eyelashes “Would you please sign this? All my friends are going to be so jealous.” Spike flashed his paparazzi smile and the girl practically fainted in his lap.



“Sure love I’ll sign it, now who am I making this out to?”



“Amber, my name’s Amber.” She handed him her notepad and a pen.



“Dear Amber, You’re hands down one of the prettiest girls to ever serve me a meal, love Spike Byrne.” Amber squealed and took her time grabbing her notepad back.



“Thank you! Thank you! I’ll let you enjoy your lunch! Thanks Spike!” She let out another squeal as she trotted away, probably because she’d called him Spike.



“O.K now that the fan club meeting is over can we get back to our conversation?” She didn’t even try and hide the snarky-ness from her tone.



“Jealous kitten?” Damn that nickname made her melt.



“No, not jealous, just surprised at how you get things done with so many blonde bimbos crawling into your lap.”

Spike chuckled and took a bite out of his sandwich, Buffy stabbed a piece of fetta in her salad.



“You know-” he began with his mouth full “You’re sexy when you’re clawing out other girls eyes for me.” He smirked and she couldn’t help the smile that tugged her lips upwards.



“Yeah well it’s hard to be in love with one of People Magazines top 10 hottest men. I have to fight to keep you.” He grabbed one of her hands and gave her a look which she couldn’t quite figure out.



“I love you Buffy, and I’m all yours for however long you’ll have me. Don’t worry about the fans and all the other girls that have their crushes on me, they love my characters, you love me.” Buffy gave a small smile and felt her brain turn to mush, he said he loved her again, squee! She found herself wondering if it would be totally bad to let him take her right here on the table. Clearing her head she remembered there was an elephant in the room.



“O.K Mr Byrne, I believe you and I’ll try control the green monster. Now what did you want to talk to me about?”



“Er…Well I’m going to need somewhere to stay for the next week or two while they get all the new cameras and hire the new body guards…” Quickly she cut him off.



“Are you serious?”



“Uh yeah-” She cut him off again.



“You pull this huge cloak and dagger routine just because you need to sleep on my couch for the next few days? I mean for God’s sake Spike I thought you were about to break up with me, or tell me that your ex-wife was coming back into the picture.” Spike’s eyes bugged out of his head and she let out a laugh.



“First off, I’m not breaking up with you, you silly chit, I only just found you. Secondly, I don’t even know where Drusilla is right now so there’s no way in hell she’s coming back. Even if she did I’d look for someone to burn her at the bloody stake.” He shifted his chair around to her side of the table and took her hand again.



“Spike, people are watching.” Buffy whispered as his lips neared hers.



“People are always watching kitten, so let’s give them something to talk about.” His lips brushed against hers and she leaned into the kiss. Suddenly things seemed a whole lot better.



~/~



Lunch with Spike had gone smoothly after their make-out session and Buffy was just climbing the last stairs to Dawn’s apartment. She’d promised her sister she would come back and bring chocolate. Suddenly she heard shouting and quickened her pace.



“Dawn! Are you O.K?” Buffy yelled as she burst into the apartment.



“Andrew!”



“Buffy!”



“Dawn?”



“Buffy you’re back!”



“Please don’t hurt me!” Andrew shielded his privates and took a step backwards. Once again Buffy rolled her eyes. She closed the door and watched as the argument between the newlyweds continued as if she wasn’t there.



“Like I said baby I could be Bi?”



“WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! It’s not like you can choose to want me then the next day choose a cabana boy!” Dawn’s expression was murderous.



“No that’s not what I mean, I’d still be into you but I’d just have a few more male friends.” Buffy’s eyes bugged and her sister picked up a book from the counter and threw it at his chest.



“So you’d just start cheating on me!?” A pen connected with Andrew’s nose.



“It’s not cheating cause you’d know about it baby!”



“Do not call me THAT!” She lunged at Andrew then and the two went tumbling over the side of the couch.



“Dawn!” Buffy rushed forward and saw Andrew on the ground shielding his face as Dawn punched every part of him she could reach. Quickly she rounded the couch and pulled her sister off of the cowering man.



“Dawn can’t we talk about this?” Andrew slowly sat up.



“Andrew I think you should go now before it gets any worse.” Buffy pleaded with him.



“She’s my wife Buffy stay out of it.” Dawn had been silent up until that point.



“Andrew shut the fuck up! Buffy can say whatever she wants she’s my sister and she’s never hurt me as bad as you have! Get out of my apartment NOW!”



“Dawn can’t we just-”



“GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!” Andrew scurried out the door and Buffy turned to face her now teary-eyed sister.



“I hate him so much Buffy.” Dawn choked out before bursting into tears, quickly Buffy pulled Dawn to her side and gently slid them both to the ground.



“I know sweetie, I know.”



TBC….

End Notes:
So how are we feeling right now? :-) I'll try get the next one out a hell of a lot quicker! Promise!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=37096