In the Harsh Light of Beer by SpikesGirl8472
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial and brings to light the feelings they have suppressed since meeting for the first time. Takes place in season 4 but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 17816 Read: 11018 Published: 02/26/2012 Updated: 12/01/2012

1. Prolugue by SpikesGirl8472

2. Chapter 1 by SpikesGirl8472

3. Chapter 2 by SpikesGirl8472

4. Chapter 3 by SpikesGirl8472

5. Chapter 4 by SpikesGirl8472

6. Chapter 5 by SpikesGirl8472

7. Chapter 6 by SpikesGirl8472

8. Chapter 7 by SpikesGirl8472

Prolugue by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox.. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.

Author's Note: I want to thank DreamScape99 and SanityFair who beta'd this chapter! Please give me some feedback; this is my first fan-fiction. I would love to know what you all think and if I should continue to write more.

 

Buffy was trying to unwind with her friends at the Bronze, after a long day of school and getting everything perfect for parent teacher night. Thoughts of failing French - Snider talking to her mom - and a no-show Angel left her mind, as she lost herself in the music. Another’s hands settling on her hips startled her out of her trance. The hands felt strong and possessive as they pulled her toward a hard, lean, masculine body. Slowly, Buffy opened her eyes to see who would be so bold as to dance with her without asking. The man was hot—sex on legs hot. He was a little over average height with a narrow build covered in all black, from his Doc Martens to his jeans—to the tight cotton t-shirt and black leather duster. His pale skin, sharp cheekbones, and bleached blond hair contrasted severely with his clothes, but that only added to the punk look he was going for. Sharp cheekbones and dark eyelashes emphasised his intense blue eyes, that seemed older than their owner and could look right into the depths of your soul. As she took him in, a slow smile spread across her face. At that moment, she could care less about Angel. If he didn’t care enough to spend some non-slayer related time with her, it was his loss.

 

"Hello, cutie," he greeted, as Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and began to sway her hips to the music again.

 

"Who are you?"

 

"Name’s Spike and you are?"

 

"Buffy."

 

"Nice to meet you, Buffy." She shivered when he said her name.

 

Spike turned her around and wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her back flush with his chest. Together, they got lost in the each other and the music. If they had been aware of anything other than one another, they would have noticed everyone looking at them with lust in their eyes. The smell of arousal became so redolent that even the humans could sense it. Finally, the song ended, but Spike did not relinquish his hold on her.

 

"Would you like to go somewhere more private… maybe get to know one another a little better?" He asked. His lips caressing her ear as he spoke.

 

Buffy was so overwhelmed by the feelings and sensations this man was creating in her and just by dancing with her. It was so much more than Angel ever made her feel, even at the best of times that she could only node her head.

 

With a smirk, he led her up to the balcony, walked to the darkest spot, sat in the comfy chair he found there, and pulled Buffy into his lap. 

 

"So tell me, luv, why is someone as delectable as you, dancing all by your lonesome?" Spike asked, his voice roughened by desire.

 

"Because my date stood me up," she answered with a slight pout. Spike was instantly transfixed by it.

 

"Well then let me make it up to you, pet." Spike was a hair's breadth away from her mouth.

 

"Okay."

 

At first his kiss was light, his lips barely caressing hers. It was sweet and soft but something totally unexpected and at odds with his bad boy persona. When Spike did not move to deepen the kiss, Buffy tentatively flicked her tongue along the seam of his lips. Without hesitation, he opened his mouth and sucked her tongue into the moist, cool cavern of his mouth. With that one action, the kiss went from tender to passionate, their tongues dueling for dominance. She soon found herself straddling his hips and grinding herself against the hard bulge in his pants. Buffy became lost in the taste and feel of the man beneath her. Something about Spike felt right.

 

Eventually, oxygen became an issue, and she had to break the kiss to gulp down some much need air. Spike kissed, licked, and nibbled down the right side of her neck. When he reached the mark left by the Master, he growled and bit down hard over the scar with blunt teeth. Buffy gasped as the pressure that had been building inside her suddenly exploded. She went rigid in his arms then collapsed against him. She could feel Spike stroking her hair with one hand and holding her tightly to him with the other. Buffy slowly lifted her head and looked into his now gold-flecked blue eyes. She had no idea what was going on between them, but she wanted to find out.

 

"Thank you," she said, running her fingers through his hair and deliberately pulling him down for another kiss. One of Spike’s hands found its way under her shirt and began to caress the skin he found there.

 

"Want you Buffy," he said, as he sucked on her ear. "Want to be inside that sweet little cunny of yours."

 

Buffy trembled at his words and stilled his hands as they explored her body, clasping them tightly within her grasp. Never breaking eye contact, she settled his hands on the waistband of her pants. With steady hands, Spike unfastened her jeans.

 

"Stand up luv. Let me get these off you."

 

He stood up with her and draped his duster around her shoulders, shielding her from unwelcome eyes. Spike knelt and kissed his way down her legs as he exposed her tan skin. On his way back up, he nuzzled his nose and mouth into her mound giving it a cursory lick. Buffy moaned at the unexpected contact, swaying slightly on her feet. Spike quickly steadied her giving her a knowing smirk. She yanked on his belt, pulling him flush against her body, kissing him hungrily as her fingers released his eager prick. Unable to wait any longer, Spike grabbed her behind the knees and sat back down in the comfy chair, hauling her down with him. Buffy quickly rose up on her knees and threaded her fingers through his bleached locks. He immediately took his cock in hand and coated it in the juices dripping from her warm slit. Buffy lowered herself agonizingly slow onto his erection. She marveled at how he stretched her. Spike's eyes closed in bliss as he was sheathed to the hilt in her, the head of his dick kissing her cervix.

 

"Cor, Buffy, got to move, pet." He moaned, placing his hands on her hips. Getting the idea, she started to move up and down gasping at the feel of him moving inside her.

 

"Feel so good," she whispered in his ear. She moved faster and harder as the pressured built inside her.

 

"Fuck, so tight and warm, you're going to burn me up."

Conscious thought left them as they moved together. Without warning, Buffy flexed around his cock, squeezing him with her slayer strength. She felt his face shift as he growled in her ear an instant before his fangs sank into her neck. Spike's bite didn't even register as it catapulted her over the edge. Her body shook with the power of her orgasm. She tried to ground herself any way she could, holding onto him with all her strength. Desperately, she bit the cool flesh she found beneath her lips.

 

Spike roared and slammed into her one last time as he came deep inside her warmth, filling her with his cool seed. Buffy lost all control as something inside recognized his blood as hers.

 

"Mine! My Mate! My Vampire!"

 

"Mine! My Mate! My Slayer!"

 

They collapsed into on another's arms, completely spent and lazily licking at the bites they gave. They floated together, happy and content in the aftermath of their mating.

 

* * *

 

Buffy sat up in bed abruptly. Her chest was heaving; her pulse was racing, and her body aching for release. She groaned as she remembered the dream she was having. It wasn't the first time she’d had a dream involving Spike in a non-mortal enemy way, and they all ended the same. Sure, the words were often different, but the meaning was always the same. Night after night she claimed him as hers, drinking his blood, as he did hers and bonding them together in body, soul, heart, and mind. Buffy struggled to put the images out of her mind, trying to convince herself that what she felt and saw in her dreams was wrong, even though it felt so right. There was no way she wanted Spike that way, even though he was sex on legs. He is an evil, soulless killer, who cannot love. She chanted it in her mind over and over, hoping it would erase the dream from her mind. He loved Drusilla, a small voice in her mind said, countering her mantra. Finally, she calmed herself down and managed to fall back into a dreamless sleep.

 

* * *

           

Spike yelled in frustration as he woke from his dream of fucking and claiming the Slayer. He was sick and tired of dreaming about claiming the sodding Slayer. The dream often changed, but the results were always the same. Christ, she might be a hot little fuck, but she was the Slayer. It was just wrong, no matter how good she felt under his hands, quivering around him in pleasure and squeezing his prick with those lovely slayer muscles. Spike suddenly realized he was lazily stroking his cock as images form his dreams filtered through his mind. The dream had been going so well until the end. He had, had his fangs in her neck sucking down her powerful blood. Then they claimed each other, and that was just bloody wrong. The one thing that really worried him was the demon didn't mind the idea of claiming the girl. Spike groaned as he came, catching his spendings in his hand. After cleaning his hand on one of his black t-shirts, he curled up and quickly fell back asleep.

Chapter 1 by SpikesGirl8472

 

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.
Authors Notes: I want to thank SanityFair and no_promises who beta'd this chapter.

 

 In the Harsh Light of Beer Chapter 1

 

 Buffy was assaulted with vivid memories when she saw Spike at the frat party— the thought of his hands caressing her skin, how soft his lips were against hers, and how his cock filled her completely. She found herself aroused as the dreams flashed through her mind, and her eyes glazed over with lust. She was brought back to reality when Parker, her date, waved his hand in front of her face.


"Hey, Buffy, you okay?" That's when she remembered she was there with a nice, normal human Parker, her date. Not Spike, he was an evil, soulless vampire and not there for the snacks, at least those of the chip and dip variety. No, he preferred his snacks to have a heartbeat and lots of blood pumping just beneath the surface.

"I'll be right back." Buffy pushed through the sea of drunken frat boys and coeds toward the direction she last saw his bleached blond hair. Buffy saw him exit the house, and followed him outside, into the night.


"Spike! What the hell are you doing here?"


"Was enjoying the bloody party. Just stepped out for a fag. You slayer?"


"We had a deal Spike. You were never going to come back to Sunnydale, in exchange for you and that crazy ho bag Drusilla's lives or unlives, whatever."


Spike growled in anger and shoved her against the frat house. "Don't talk about Dru like that!"


"Oh, poor Spikey, did Drusilla dump your sorry ass again?"


"Shut your gob!" He pushed from the wall and turned his back on her. "And for your information I dumped her, after I found her with a Chaos Demon."


Buffy just blinked in surprise as he began to pace, grumbling about Chaos Demons with their slimy antlers. She sighed in exasperation and tapped her booted foot, her patience running out.

 "Spike! Drusilla is a cheating ungrateful crazy bitch. Get over it! God, you would think a soulless demon would move on without a problem, not be some pussy whipped crybaby!" She yelled at him. 


One second he was pacing in front of her, the next he was shoving her up against the house again. His eyes flickered between blue and gold. She tried to ignore the feel of his hard, lean body pinning her to the building. Buffy attempted to repress the images of the many times he had taken her against a wall just like this in her dreams. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath to calm himself. His eyes widened as he recognized the tantalizing smell of her arousal. They were frozen there, staring into each other's eyes, unsure of where the moment was leading.


The spell was broken when a scantily dressed big boobed blonde walked out of the party and into the night. Spotting Spike, she sighed and said,


"Blondie Bear, I don't like the food here. It tastes funny. Can you hurry up and find that stupid Amara gem thingy, so you can take me to France?"


"Harm! Shut the fuck up, you bloody bint!" He rolled his eyes. 


"You're with Harmony!" Buffy burst out laughing, ignoring the voice in her head screaming that Spike was hers and demanded she rip apart anyone who tried to lay claim to him. "Oh, that's just perfect!"


"A bloke's got needs, Slayer." He said as he ran his hands down his chest to frame his obvious bulge, his lips forming his signature smirk. He turned around and walked away from the frat house, grabbing Harmony on his way.

Buffy slid down the wall to the ground, taking a deep breath to calm her frayed nerves. Spike was back in town looking for some gem and boinking Harmony. She would need to tell Giles. Looking down at her watch, she noticed it was late, so the news would keep till morning. Slowly, she rose and walked back into the party determined to forget the demon that filled her dreams and to enjoy the rest of her night with nice, normal human Parker.


***

 

Spike was angry, confused, and his cock was painfully hard as he stomped away from the frat party, dragging Harmony behind him. His mind was racing, trying to understand what had just happened. He had stepped outside for a smoke to calm himself. Ever since those damn dreams started, he found it increasingly difficult to keep down his bloody dinner.

 

He used to revel in the blood. Draining whomever he wanted, but now it just tasted wrong. Strangely, human blood no longer sated the hunger of the demon. Animal blood was better, in that it didn’t make him heave, but it still tasted just as off. However, a frat house full of humans looking and smelling like a gourmet all you can eat buffet was starting to get to him. Especially knowing no one there could feed the demon’s hunger.

 

He was just starting to relax when she stepped out and began yelling at him. Her voice reminded him of all the dreams he had of shagging her in every position imaginable, the lovely taste of her blood on his tongue as he fucked her. Quickly, he shoved the images to the back of his mind and concentrated on the potential danger the Slayer posed. The encounter had been their standard until Spike shoved her up against the frat house for the second time. He pinned her there; his body flush with hers. He was trying to control his anger when he smelled the heady aroma of Buffy's arousal. It stirred his demon, calling it to take what was rightfully his. She's the bloody Slayer you git. There is no way in hell your going to claim her. It's all kinds of wrong! He could feel himself losing the battle for control.

 

Harmony's screeching voice destroyed the moment. Never before had Spike been grateful for her constant prattle. It allowed him to collect himself quickly and gain control of the raging demon that lived inside him. He really didn’t care that the stupid bint let slip his plan involving the gem of Amara. He would have it within a few days. He could avoid the slayer until he found it. Then he could bag his third and be rid of the confusing, frustrating erotic dreams and the strange, warm, fuzzy feelings that came with them. Yes, soon everything would be back to the way they were meant to be.

           

Spike confidently strode into his lair and walked straight to the small cave he had made into his private haven. It was hidden by a harmless enchantment known only to him. An over flowing book shelf - writing desk with matching chair - a couch with a pull out bed he used when he felt like spending the night alone and a crate of whisky filled the small space, the floor was cushioned by Persian rugs and candles littered every available surface giving the cave a homey feel. Spike settled down for a nice wank, for some reason he had no desire to find his release with Harmony. He planned on relaxing for a few hours before going back to drilling for the gem. Soon the Gem of Amara would be his and all would again be right in the world.

Chapter 2 by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.

Authors Note: Some lines taken from Season 4; Episode 3: “The Harsh Light of Day.” I want to thank SanityFair and  no_promises who beta'd this chapter. Let me know what you think!!!  The more you review, the faster I write. After all, reviews feed the muse!!!

 

Chapter 2

Buffy wasn’t in her dorm room more than two seconds when Willow walked in fresh from her shower.

"Hey, you just getting in?"

"No!" Buffy answered, a little too quickly. "Why would you think that?"

"You're wearing the same clothes you had on last night." Willow grinned. "And I saw you leave with Parker. So spill! How was it?"

"It was nice" if nice meant totally unsatisfying. Buffy forced a smile onto her face."He's going to call."

"Oh! I love this part? When it's all new and everything is a discovery."

"Yeah, its nice." Buffy desperately wanted to believe her night with Parker was the beginning of a new relationship. However, he was a poor substitute for Dream-Spike. Deep down, part of her knew she’d had sex with Parker because he made her feel desire, also because Spike was with Harmony.   

Buffy's eyes bulged as she remembered he was back in town. "Oh, My God, Wills! Spike’s back in town!"

"Spike!" Willow squeaked.  "Bottle in the face Spike?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Do you know another bleached blond vampire who’s a pain in my ass? Anyway, he's after this Amara thingy."

"What did Giles say?"

"Actually, I haven't told him yet. Parker…"

"Right, well I was planning to go by his place sometime today to check on him anyway. I've been worried about him, now that he doesn't have a job. I think he's lonely." 

" That sounds great, just let me shower and change, then I'll be ready to go."

***

Spike sauntered out into the daylight for the first time in over a hundred and twenty years. A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth as the sun's rays warmed his skin. It was a strange sensation being out in the day, his instincts were yelling at him, to take cover and escape the deadly light. Even though his mind knew he had no need to fear a bloody painful, flaming dusting. Raising his hand, Spike gazed at the Gem of Amara that now sat on his index finger. It amazed him how this one small stone could make him invincible.

He frowned slightly as he realized just how dangerous, not to mention stupid it would be to leave the ring on his finger where anyone could snatch it. Spotting a shaded alley he quickly walked to the darkest corner and pulled a wicked looking hunting knife from his boot. He slipped the ring off and pulled up his black t-shirt, placing the hem between his teeth. Clenching his jaw against the pain, Spike cut into his abdomen just above his navel and carefully placed the gem deep into the incision, nestling it among his organs. It healed as soon as he removed his hand from the wound.

Spike exhaled the breath he’d been holding in relief. His solution had worked. After straightening his clothing and cleaning the blood off his hands, he strolled out of the alley and back into the light of day. He was enjoying the sunny California day, confident that, with the ring, he would finally be able to bag his third slayer. He hoped when he killed the infuriating bint the bloody dreams and change in diet would end, and he could return to his dark princess. First, Spike wanted to enjoy the day, maybe find out if he freckled.

***

Buffy desperately needed to kill something. It had been two days. Parker still hadn't called, and she hadn't seen hide nor bleached hair of Spike. She wasn't sure which one she was more disappointed about. On top of all that, Giles had laughed when she told him that Spike was looking for the gem, saying it was a myth and did not exist.

She wanted to trust his opinion, but she knew if the gem existed Spike would find it. She needed to have a plan in place in case he got the gem before she could stake him. Buffy growled, pushing away the strange feelings that the thought of staking Spike created and continued stomping around Shady Rest Cemetery.

"Here demon, demon. There's a nice, tasty girl just walking alone out here! God, what does it take," she yelled, as she took out her frustration on a large rock, kicking it with all her slayer strength.

"Ow! " A voice shrieked in pain. Buffy looked around searching for whomever she hit with the rock she kicked. She noticed a trail of broken tombstones and patches of upturned grass that led to a crying blond heap on the ground, a good 30 yards from her.

"Shit! Hey are you okay?" She yelled as she jogged to the hurt girl.

"Owie!" The lump sobbed. "Why do you have to be so mean? When my Blondie Bear fin—"

Buffy growled when she recognized Harmony. Her anger turned to rage at the sight of the blond vampiress. She lunged at the injured girl; her mind screaming, “He is MINE, MINE”! She grabbed Harmony around her throat, lifting her more than two feet off the ground.

Harmony's eyes grew big as she looked into the face of the slayer. "Holy Shit, Buffy! Why do you have fangs?"

"I do not have fangs!"

"Yes, you do"

"No, I don't"

"Yes, you do"

"No, I don't!"

"Fine, don't believe me but feel for yourself."

Buffy rolled her eyes and brought her free hand to face. She gasped when she felt a sharp pain in her finger as a fang pierced its tip and the coppery taste of blood hit her tongue.

"And your eyes are all glowy!" Harmony wheezed, barely able to get the words past the hand clamped around her throat. Buffy abruptly dropped the vampiress as she panicked and ran from the graveyard. Everything was a blur as she rushed through the streets of Sunnydale with no care who witnessed her display of slayer speed.

Finally, she slowed to a walk, gulping down air as she tried to catch her breath. She inhaled deep trying to calm herself enough to think. Looking around, she knew exactly where she was, a park about a block from Giles' apartment. Giles! He would know what was going on with her, and if he didn't he had the books to figure it out. With a relieved sigh, Buffy walked to his flat and knocked on his door. It took a while but eventually, after much loud banging on his door Giles appeared. He was in a robe, and his hair was mussed from sleep.

"Buffy, dear, what are you doing here at this time of night? You should have been in bed hours ago."

"Hey, Giles," Buffy said forcing herself to sound peppy as she entered her watchers abode. "Can you make us some tea?" She asked, stalling for time.

"Certainly." He nodded, knowing something must indeed be wrong if she was asking for tea. Within minutes, she had a steaming cup in her hand.

"Is everything all right?"

"No, Giles, it's not," she said in a small voice.

"Can you tell me what happened?" The silence stretched as Buffy tried to organize her thoughts enough to tell her watcher what happened.

Giles jumped when she finally spoke. "I was out patrolling, when I decided to go to Shady Rest looking for something to slay. I found Harmony there." She fell quiet again as she tried to find the right words. "I don't know exactly what happened, but when I recognized her, I saw red! One moment I was a few yards away from her and the next I had her by the throat and a couple of feet off the ground. Giles I had fangs!" A solitary tear rolled down her check.

"Good Lord!"

"I didn’t believe her at first, then I felt them for myself." With an unsteady arm, Buffy raised her hand to show Giles where she had pricked her finger.

"Buffy, are you certain?"

"Giles what's going on?" She began to shake uncontrollably with tears running silently down her face.

Without hesitation, he got up and searched his medicine cabinet for the sleeping pills he rarely used and filled a glass with water.

"I don’t know, but we will figure it out, I promise. Now take this, and I'll call everyone to help me research. It's going to be okay." Buffy could feel her eyelids growing heavy as the drug worked its way into her system. Soon the peaceful blanket of sleep enveloped her. 

***

Spike hissed as he gingerly rubbed aloe vera into his sunburned skin. He had enjoyed his spontaneous, daylong trip to the beach.  He’d forgotten how beautiful the water could be in the sunlight. Unfortunately, he had also forgotten the effect the UV rays had on his skin when he was human, and it appeared that the gem, for reasons beyond him, would not heal his lobster red skin.

He was glad he’d dusted his minions before he’d gone out that morning. It would have been the end of him if they caught him this red.  

"Blondie Bear you'll never guess what happened to me tonight," Harmony screeched as she entered the lair.

"I don't give a shit about what happened to you, you bint," Spike growled.

"Hey where is everyone?"

"They’re dust in the bloody wind." Slowly, he slipped a stake from his back pocket and plunged it into her heart.

"I knew you loved that gem more than me!" She said as she crumbled to dust.

"I love syphilis more than you!" He yawned and made his way toward his bed. He cautiously lay down thankful for the softness of his silk sheets against his tender skin and quickly fell asleep.

Chapter 3 by SpikesGirl8472
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updates, last semester got a little insane with the amount of papers and tests due. I want to thank no_promises who beta'd this chapter. Let me know what you think!!! The more you review the faster I write after all reviews feed the muse!!!
Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. I own nothing, but I wish Spike was MINE.

Authors Note: Sorry for the delay in updates, last semester got a little insane with the amount of papers and tests due. I want to thank SanityFair who beta'd this chapter. Let me know what you think!!!  The more you review the faster I write after all reviews feed the muse!!!

 

In the Harsh Light of Beer Chapter 3

 

"Spike! Drusilla is a cheating ungrateful crazy bitch. Get over it! God, you would think a soulless demon would move on without a problem, not be some pussy whipped crybaby!" Buffy yelled at him.


One second he was pacing in front of her, the next he was shoving her up against the house again. His eyes flicked back and forth between blue and gold. She tried to ignore the feel of his hard lean body pinning her to the building and attempted to clear the torrent of images flooding her mind of the many times he had taken her against a wall just like this in her dreams. His nostrils flared as he took a deep breath to calm himself. His eyes widened then became half lidded in lust as he recognized the tantalizing smell of her arousal. He lunged forward, growling deep on his chest then violently claimed her mouth with his. She was shocked by his reaction and waited for the expected feelings of disgust to take over as he kissed her. They never came. Instead, something inside began to surface, eager to claim what was hers. Buffy wound her fingers through his hair and pulled, forcing him to look at her.


Eyes wide in surprise, Spike raised his hand and caressed her altered features. "My Golden Goddess." He whispered as his fingertips ghosted over her skin. Growling, she yanked his head to the side and plunged her fangs into his throat obliterating the mark of his sire; he moaned, as she slowly drank from him. She smirked when she felt his face shift against her neck as his demon took over. She gasped in pleasure when he sank his fangs into her neck. He gently shook his head, destroying any marks marring her skin. As they drank and their pleasure grew, both were unaware of the binding patterns of growls they emitted into the night air.

*****


Giles closed the book he was reading with a sigh. His dining table was covered in piles of discarded books, dirty dishes, and empty donut boxes with no useful information to show for the mess.


"Anything?" he asked his companions as he pinched the bridge of his nose.


"G-man it’s almost lunch, and we haven't found anything about Slayers with fangs. Are you sure she said fangs?" Xander ignored the annoyed look Giles was sending his way due to the distasteful nickname.


"Maybe she said faint. It kinda sounds the same," Willow added.


"I am quite certain she said fangs, but perhaps we should take a break until she wakes."


"Oh thank god! This research is really starting to cut into my orga—" Anya was interrupted by a growl coming from the direction of the unconscious Slayer.

Willow, who was researching at the coffee table, gasped when she looked up at her friends.

"Um, Giles, not so much with the disbelieviness." 


"Dear lord," Giles exclaimed as he looked down at his sleeping charge. He wasn't too surprised to find delicate little fangs clearly visible as she continued to growl. However, he was shocked to see was that her usual sun-kissed skin, now had a distinct golden glimmer to it. Quickly, everyone huddled around the slumbering Slayer. Anya's face paled as she looked down at her almost friend. Her eyes glazing over, as she got lost in thought of a time long past and became unaware of the conversation going on around her. 


"Huh, interesting." The usually silent werewolf's voice brought Anya back to the present. "I can actually understand what she's growling."


"Really?" Giles asked excitedly "Can you tell me what it means."


Panicking, Anya lightly elbowed Oz to get his attention. Startled, he looked up at her; she frantically shook her head trying to convey to him not to tell them what Buffy was saying in the primal demon language. No one witnessed the odd exchange because their attention was still riveted on their sleeping friend.

"Uh, it loses something in the translation."

 

"That’s unfortunate." Giles slumped his shoulders slightly in disappointment.

"Oh, I know. We should take a picture of her!" Xander said jumping up and down in excitement, "That way the Buffster can see how she looks with fangs."

"I think I have a Polaroid around here somewhere." Giles quickly began to search his apartment. As he searched the rest of the group watched the slayer who continued to growl, each one getting louder and louder. They all jumped when she abruptly awoke. She jackknifed and released a loud low long moan. Her glowing green eyes were wide in the shock of her sudden waking. It was in that moment Giles snapped a picture of the true face of the slayer.

*****

Spike was awakened from his deep sleep by the most earth shattering orgasm he ever experienced.

"Holy shit!" he gasped, trying to catch his unneeded breath. Cautiously, he lifted the sheet covering his lower half to inspect the mess he made. "That was different,” he stated to the empty room. Chuckling he thought of the change that had come over the slayer, she was bloody gorgeous when her demon took over. Idly, he wondered what she would be like if she let her demon out and got down off her damned high horse.  Balling up the sheet, he threw it on the floor and slowly fell back asleep with a satisfied smile on his face and thoughts of a certain slayer on his mind.

*****

Buffy awoke disoriented and in the throes of the most intense orgasm she’d ever had. Slowly, she became aware of her surroundings and subconsciously slipped out of her game face as she tried to catch her breath. She eeped and her face flamed in embarrassment when she realized her friends and father figure were staring at her. "Uh. Hi guys what's the what?"

Everyone just continued to look at her, standing around her still and silent like statues.

"Uhm, why are you all staring at me?" Her distraught tone galvanized everyone into action.

"You went all fangy, golden, and growly in your sleep," Willow answered smiling brightly at her best friend. "Oh! Giles took a picture!"

"It's still developing." He handed the Polaroid over to Buffy. "How are you feeling this morning? Less shaken I hope."

She gently nodded her head. "Giles, not that I'm not grateful, but what did you give me last night?"

He ripped his glasses off and began cleaning them, finding himself unable to meet his slayers eyes. "You seemed to be panicking, and I thought it was perhaps best for you to sleep through it. The pills I gave you were sleeping aids."

"Oh." Buffy looked down at her lap, uncertain how she felt about what he did. In her hands at the now developed Polaroid. "Holy shit! Is that what I really looked like?"

Her exclamation broke the tension in the room and everyone relaxed.

"Quite exquisite actually," Giles said, the corners of his mouth lifting slightly as he finally looked at her. 

She tentatively returned his smile. "So what have you found out?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely nothing, zippo, zilch, nada!" Xander answered her, gesturing emphatically with his hands. Buffy looked around her watchers apartment taking in not only the state of the room but its occupants. Giles looked exhausted from staying up almost all night. Xander and Willow appeared to be eager to discover what was behind her transformation. Oz, as usual, was stoic. Finally, her eyes rested on Anya. The normally vibrant ex-vengeance demon was as white as a sheet, with a strange shadow in her eyes and a fake smile plastered on her face in an attempt to hide what was bothering her. "I bet you guys worked up quite an appetite with all the research," Buffy interrupted the light conversation going on around her. "How about I go pick us all up some lunch?  It’s the least I can do. Besides, it would give me a chance to shower and change. How's that sound?"

"Brilliant my dear," Giles replied "I'm sure we can enjoy the break while you're gone."

"Hey, Anya, do you want to join me? You look like you could use some sun." Buffy asked, not missing the slightly relieved look on Anya's face or the hurt one on Willow's

"Okay."

They quickly made their exit from Giles' loft and started to walk towards UC Sunnydale in a companionable silence. They were just reaching the college campus when Buffy spoke.

"So Anya, what do you know?"

Anya cautiously looked around. "Not here, out in the open. There's no way to tell who could be listening."

Buffy nodded. "Will my dorm room be okay?"

"Yes."

They continued to steadily walk toward Stevenson Hall in silence. Buffy stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Parker-No Call-Abrams chatting up another girl. Anger flared, but she pushed it aside, secure in the knowledge that once she just talked to him everything would be right on track with nice normal human Parker. After all that's what Angel wanted for her, why he left, even if it wasn’t what she truly wanted. "Hey Ahn, give me a sec." Without waiting for a reply she plastered a smile on her face and made her way over to Parker.

*****

Spike sighed in contentment as he walked onto the college campus, enjoying the sun as it warmed his normally cool flesh. Thankfully, he remembered to thoroughly coat his exposed skin with bloody sunscreen before heading out to find the Slayer. Taking a moment to sniff the air, he quickly picked up her mouth watering scent of vanilla and cherry blossoms, plus an underlying scent all her own that hinted at the power she possessed as the slayer. His demon stirred when it recognized the scent of what he considered his mate. Spike pushed the feeling aside and focused on finding, fighting, and killing the infuriating bint that plagued his dreams. The demon wailed at this thought. Spike rolled his eyes and told it to shut it as he wondered what kind of fucked up demon would want the slayer as its mate. He came to a stop as he set foot in the quad. He surveyed the college students loitering there. Golden blonde hair shining in the California sun quickly gave away her location. She was talking to an Angel-shaped ponce. His blood began to boil as his sensitive hearing clearly heard their conversation. The more he heard the more he wanted to put Angelus' torturous ways to shame on the nancy boy talking to his Slayer. Not only was his bloody demon screaming for retribution but pillock, William who considered Drusilla his salvation from mediocrity, was also demanding vengeance. They both craved the blood of this git who not only dared to touch what has his, but cast her aside, as though she was nothing but a cheap common whore. Murder in his eyes, Spike began to stalk toward Buffy and the bloody bastard standing in front of her. His rage was so consuming that the bench in front of him went unnoticed until he tried to walk through it and ended up flat on his back staring up at the big bright blue sky. The fall reminded him why exactly he had been out looking for the Slayer. To kill her, not defend her bloody honor. She certainly was not his, and in no way shape or form did he want her to be. He just wanted to make the dreams stop and find release in a willing pussy instead of his hand. At least Spike told himself that over and over, hoping if he thought it hard enough it would be true. After all, what kind of vampire fell in love with the fucking Slayer?

 

Chapter 4 by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial and brings to light the feelings they have suppressed since the first time they met at the Bronze. Takes place in season 4 but quickly goes AU around In the Harsh Light of Day.
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Co. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.
Authors Note: I would like to thank everyone who has left me a review!!!! They make me insanely happy and inspire me to write faster! I also want to thank no_promises who beta'd this chapter (and most of the others). Let me know what you think!!! The more you review the faster I write after all reviews feed the muse!!!

Buffy didn't know what to think as she walked away from Parker. There were the obvious feelings anger and hurt, but she also felt a wave of relief wash through her. Secure in the thought that it was daylight and; therefore, safe to let her guard down she mindlessly made her way back to Anya. Without warning, she found herself on the ground, pain radiating from the right side of her mouth with blood trickling from her split lip. Before she could clear her head, she felt a large hand tangle in her loose hair and hauled her to her feet. 


"Don’t you just love the feel of the sun warming your skin?" A thickly accented baritone voice whispered in her ear. Buffy's eyes bulged as she recognized exactly who had attacked her. 


"Spike! Let me go, I don’t have time for this." 


"Make time Slayer, this ends today!" 


She yelled in frustration as the stress of everything became too much. Channeling all her pain and resentment Buffy elbowed him with all her strength, easily breaking several of his ribs and forcing him to release his hold on her. 


"Fine! But not in front of all these people." She quickly stomped away from him and in the direction of the gym. He eagerly followed behind her, ogling her ass the entire way. Once inside the two blonds began circling each other looking for any opening in the other defenses. He carefully examined his opponent. The corners of her mouth twitched as she suppressed a smile when she realized he had a sunburn from being in the sun for the first time in over a hundred years. However, her mirth was short lived when she noticed just how emaciated he was. She couldn’t help but wonder what was going on with him. Was he not feeding or was something else wrong with him? Shaking her head Buffy ignored the concern she felt for her mortal enemies health. She reminded herself that Spike was a soulless, evil, demon, who hated her and wanted to kill her. “What’s the matter Spike, you don’t look so good. Have you had a sudden allergic reaction to Harmony? I wouldn’t be surprised with how fake she is," She asked sarcastically in a sickly sweet voice. 


"I wouldn’t throw stones pet, you don’t look so hot yourself. It's no wonder that the new boy didn’t want a second go." 


Face red with anger, she launched herself at him raining kicks and punches down on him. Unfortunately, Spike was ready for her attack and managed to block most of the blows. He steadily gained the upper hand and went on the offense pushing her backwards. She fell after he landed a particularly hard kick to her head. He was smirking as he approached her prone form on the floor thinking she was down and out for the count. She remained still, her eyes closed; using her other senses to determine the location of her opponent. When he was only a couple of feet away, she swept his legs out from under him, and quickly flipped to her feet, ready to go on the offensive again. Over the next thirty minutes, they continued to fight, trading kicks and punches but were unable to seriously injure their adversary. They danced across the gym perfectly matched in every way. The fight did nothing to diminish the anger, frustration, and hurt that had been slowly building since the night they met, the night they first dreamed of each other. Buffy crashed into a wall slightly cracking the cement blocks. Spike quickly used his body to pin her there. 


"Did you like the way he touched you?" He growled "Did he make you scream?"


She growled as she finally lost control. Her fangs dropped, her eyes glowed and her skin flushed with the slight glitter of gold. She savagely threw Spike across the room.


"Because fucking Harmony is so much better," she screamed and swiftly followed him across the gym. "At least he made me feel desired!" She accentuated each word with a kick to his ribs. The shocked vampire grabbed her foot on the last kick and pulled. With a gasp, she overbalanced and landed straddling his chest. Before she could start her assault on him again, Spike rolled them over and firmly held her wrists above her head. His eyes filled with rage as he leaned over to look her directly in the eyes, mere millimeters separating their faces.

"You're an idiot!"

She tried to protest his words but found herself suddenly preoccupied with the feel of soft lips as he kissed her. She couldn't help but respond to his demanding kiss and quickly became lost in the moment. The rest of the world melted away as their tongues dueled for dominance. The sounds of cat calls broke the magic of the kiss, and they reluctantly separated. Buffy was about to run from the whole awkward situation when she felt Spike grab her hand. Gently he pulled her into his embrace. 


"She's dust," he whispered in her ear. He placed a tender kiss on her forehead and walked out into the light of day.


***


Spike was trying to ignore thinking of Buffy and the world shattering kiss that was racing through his mind as he left the gym. He felt something between them as they fought, something that had always been there, making it impossible for either to claim total victory over the other. Sighing he ducked into the first bar he saw. He quickly scanned the dimly lit room; a couple of humans were its only occupants. 


"A bottle of Jack and keep them coming," he told the barkeep as he made his way to a booth hidden away in a dark corner. Carefully he sat down trying not to put pressure on any of the bruises the slayer had given him. He was beyond grateful that the gem of Amara left only the superficial injuries for his vampire healing to deal with. The bar tender slammed a bottle of Jack Daniel's and shot glass down. Spike filled his glass and quickly took the first shot. He closed his eyes in bliss as the liquor slid down his throat slightly burning all the way down. After enjoying the first shot, he grabbed the bottle and chugged. The only thought on his mind was getting so bloody pissed that he didn't know who he was, let alone who the Slayer was. 


***


Buffy was stunned and had no idea what had just happened. She had been fighting with Spike one minute and the next they were kissing. No, he had kissed her! And oh God could he kiss. None of her dreams could compare with the real thing. His lips were so -.


"Hey! You in there?" A boy dressed only in basketball shorts and a pair of Air Jordan's asked. "You might want to move, were about to play."


"Yeah okay" Slowly she limped out of the gym still dazed by the day's events. 


"Oh my God, Buffy are you okay" She felt an arm wrap around her waist and looked over to see Anya trying to help her walk.

"I have no idea." Gradually they made their way to Stevenson hall. Upon entering her room, Buffy collapsed on her bed. 


"So, what happened," Anya asked as she searched for the first aid kit. 
"Spike."


"Did you dust him?" 


"He had the Gem of Amara." She shook her head. "I'm going to fucking kill Giles the next time I see him, doesn't exist my ass."


Anya's eyes widened at the news "And he didn't kill you?"


"It's complicated" Slowly Buffy sat up. She didn't want to think about why Spike didn't kill her, or how it felt to kiss him, or how she knew somehow that things would never be the same between them. "I think he broke a rib or two, do you mind wrapping them?" 


Anya silently did what Buffy asked, using the time to think about how she was going to tell the Slayer about her new fangs and what they might mean.


"What do you know?" Buffy asked as if reading Anya's mind.


"When I first became a Vengeance demon," she quickly looked to see if it was okay to talk about her demon days. 


Buffy smiled at her in encouragement. "Anya I know Xander has a tendency to ignore that you were once a demon and that you have killed numerous people without remorse, I haven't." Anya paled at her words thinking the worst. "But I also know that you are now working with us. You have been alive for over a thousand years, you have done and seen things that most people cannot even imagine, and we have been complete idiots not to acknowledge the experience and knowledge you have." Anya's face lit up. "Thank you Buffy, you have no idea how much that means to me. I promise to help you even if Xander stops giving me orgasms." She gently hugged the Slayer. When she pulled back, worry filled her eyes. "Buffy, I think something amazing is happening to you, but not everyone will see it as a good thing. When I first became a vengeance demon I had to go through some field training. Eevee, the first vengeance demon I was assigned to, had just been sent to a young woman whose lover had just been murdered. Her name was Hannah, and she was a slayer."


"Shouldn't you be telling Giles this too?" Buffy interrupted the ex-vengeance demon before she really got into the telling of her story. Anya's face turned ghostly white at the suggestion. "Buffy, I don't think it's safe to tell him or anyone at this moment in time. I'm not even sure it's safe for Oz to know the little he learned from the growling you did in your sleep."


"Okay, got it, no telling Giles."


"Or anyone else."


"Or anyone else, what's going on?" Buffy moved around trying to get comfortable before motioning to Anya to continue.

"From what I know Hannah somehow fell in love and mated with a vampire named Leo, who loved her in return. When her watcher found out about the bond he immediately informed his superiors. The next night Leo and Hannah's home was attacked." 


Buffy gasped "How could her Watcher betray her like that?"


"I am not sure. They barely managed to escape. Over the next few weeks, they continued to run, but every time they stopped somewhere for more than a few hours they would be attacked. Finally, they managed to capture one of their assailants. They discovered that he and his comrades were employed by the Watchers Council to eliminate the 'corrupted slayer' and her vampire mate." 


Anya paused giving Buffy time to absorb the importance of what she just said. "Two nights later Leo was killed. When we got there, we found Hannah on her death bed. She was dying from a broken heart. When one mate dies the other will shortly follow. At the time, her body was under a large amount of stress causing her to be in her primal state the entire time we were there. Her skin was tinged with gold, her eyes glowed, and she had fangs. She was very weak, and we could only understand a few words of her explanation: 'Potential', 'Mate', and 'Guard'. Her wish was not for the death of those who ordered the murder of her beloved, but for the next slayer that 'discovered her potential' whatever that means, would be warned about the danger the council posed." Anya stood and walked over to the mini fridge. "Do you have anything to drink? All this talking is making me thirsty."


"Auh yeah go ahead."


She grabbed a bottle of water and settled down to continue her story. "We stayed with Hannah until she died, disappearing in a flash of bright light. Eevee was so touched by her story and her selfless wish that she has spent much of her free time researching what had happened to Hannah. I only stayed with Eevee for a year but 'm completely positive that she would be willing to help you even though I technically have already met the requirements of Hannah's wish by telling you her story." 


Only one thought was understandable as Buffy's mind raced. 'Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit…,'


"I'll let you know when she is in town. I think it is best to include Oz since he already has some idea of what's going on." Buffy blinked just realizing that her friend had said something. 


"Okay," the slayer said after a moment with a shrug, Oz knowing was the least of her many, many problems. "Um Anya why don't you go and get lunch for everyone. I'm suddenly feeling kinda out of it."


"I completely understand Buffy, I'll see you later." And with that Anya walked out of the room leaving the Slayer alone, bruised, and extremely confused.

Chapter 5 by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer
Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”
Pairings: Buffy/Spike
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox.. I own nothing but I wish Spike was MINE.

Author's Note:   I would like to thank no_promises who is my wonderful beta and I would like to thank everyone that has left a review, it makes want to continue the story. This chapter is what originally inspired me to write this story and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please let me know what you think!!!!

Buffy swayed on her feet as she left her dorm room, all her attention focused on keeping her balance. Carefully she walked down the stairs in front of Stevenson Hall. She was on the last step when someone called her name, breaking her concentration long enough for her foot to slip, making her lose her equilibrium.

"Shit! Not again." She  sighed and quickly looked for any new bruises she might have gained in her fall.

"Hey, you okay, sorry for startling you." A familiar voice said as a hand reached out to help her up.

"Thanks" she said as she looked up and recognized her Psych 101 TA. "Riley" An awkward silence settled between them. "Sooo" Riley shuffled his feet. "You seem to be enjoying Psych 101. Your paper on-"

She rolled her eyes at his attempt to talk to her and quickly turned him out. She marveled at how much her life had changed. If Riley had, had the balls to talk to her a week ago she would have happily listened to him talk no matter how dull the subject, all the while hoping he might be interested in her enough to ask her out. She would have jumped at the opportunity for normal, but now she knew better. She was not and had never been normal. Honestly, if he was normal, normal was completely boring. Buffy glanced at her watch and sighed.

"Riley, as much as I would love to continue this conversation, it's getting late, and I'm supposed to meet some friends before its dark."

His eyes lit up at her words. "How would you like to continue it tomorrow at the Espresso Pump say around 9:30?"

Her mind was already focused on the upcoming meeting with Anya and Oz at a local pub and had already put the TA out of her head. "Yeah, that sounds great! See you later."

As she started walking, she was relieved to discover her equilibrium was back to normal.

***

For the first time, in a week Spike walked out of his cave. For most of that time, he'd been so drunk he couldn't see straight, and the rest of the time, he had been thinking about the bloody Slayer, some might even call it brooding. Finally, the pangs of hunger forced him into the night, even though any blood he drank would come right back up. As he walked down the street, he breathed deeply, taking in the scent of the night. He managed to ignore the delicious smell of the many happy meals on legs that were out and about, instead, he fixated on the smells of alcohol and greasy bar food.

It didn't take him long to find the pub, he recognized it as the same bar he got pissed in after he kissed Buffy. At the moment, it was overflowing with college students. Silently he pushed his way to a booth in the back that was filled with drunken Co-eds. He quickly flashed some fang at the children, who fled their table and their full pitcher of beer at the sight of his demon. Spike plopped down and poured himself a drink, it had a peculiar taste to it, but hey, it was free. He shrugged it off, after all it was one of those shitty American brews.

He was thinking about ordering some food when the familiar scent of the Slayer hit his senses making his mouth water. He searched the small bar for her. She was just sitting down with Red's dogboy and some other bird. He strained his ears trying to catch their conversation, but the noise level in the pub was too high. Sighing he drained his glass and settled down to watch Buffy and her companions.

***

Buffy sighed in relief when she finally found Anya and Oz sitting at a table. She shoved her way through the college crowed, slapping at any groping hands along the way, and sat down next to Anya. She had to hand it to the ex-vengeance demon, this was the perfect place to meet. Not only would her friends and Watcher never spontaneously walk into this particular bar, but the noise level was so high, it was impossible for their conversation to be over heard.

"Hi, my name is Lucy. What can I get you to drink tonight," a sultry female voice asked as soon as Buffy sat down.

"A pitcher of whatever you have on tap, that Black Forest stuff and three glasses," Oz calmly requested.

"Oh and some chips and salsa," Anya added licking her lips hungrily.

"I'll be right back with your order."

"Sorry I'm late. I ran into my Psych 101 TA, he just didn't know when to shut up," Buffy said as soon as the waitress left their table.

"That’s okay, while we were waiting, I filled him in on what's been going on."

Buffy looked at the werewolf as she spoke. "Then you understand why we told you and our need for secrecy."

He nodded.

"I know your loyal to Willow, and I would never ask you to betray that. I only request that you don't tell anyone, including Willow, what you know."

Oz contemplated her words for a few moments. "I won't lie to Willow, if she asks, but I will keep your secret and do what I can to help."

"Thank you." Buffy sighed in relief. "So, Anya, what did you want to talk about?"

"I got in touch with Eevee yesterday. She's  looking forward to meeting you, she just has to finish up some work in another dimension, she should be here in a couple of days."

"Thank God, my life has reached a new level of strange these past couple of weeks, hopefully she can explain it all to me."

"I'm certain she can help  after all what's happening to you has been her pet project for over a thousand years. In the mean time, I thought Oz could help by telling us what you growled in your sleep."

Both girls looked expectantly at Oz. "I think your were claiming a mate. The growls had a possessive over tone, in one word mine."

"Buffy do you remember what you were dreaming about?"

The Slayer slowly nodded her head. "I was biting someone" she said hesitantly "and he was biting me back."

"Was he a vampire?" Anya asked.

"Yes"

 Silence fell awkwardly at their table. None of them sure what to think about the new information.

"Here you guys go. Sorry it took so long, there was an issue with some grabby men," Lucy said braking the hush at their table as she placed their order down.
"Thank you," Oz said.

Buffy watched as the stoic werewolf filled her glass.

"I don't know if I should be drinking this, my equilibrium has been kinda off lately."

"Has anything else been off this past week?" Anya asked concern filling her eyes.

"Yeah I feel bloated, like there's too much blood in my body. I can feel it sloshing around inside me. Plus," Buffy flipped her long hair over her shoulder to display the right side of her neck. "I've got this weird rash like thing." The side of her neck was raw around the bite scars of both the Master and Angel.

"It's probably just part of what's going on with you, nothing to overly worry about, at the moment. Eevee will be here in a couple of days and everything will be as right as rain. I think you should enjoy yourself, relax and have a beer or two." Anya said perkily then looked down at her watch and smiled. "Besides Oz and I have to go, we have a double date tonight. I can't wait to see Xander."

"If you need anything we will be at the Bronze. A new band is playing, and their lead singer, Varruca, is amazing. I think Willow will really like it." Swiftly Buffy's new confidants left her with a full pitcher of beer and an empty table. She looked down at her glass admiring the color and shrugged her shoulders. "Bottoms up."

***

Spike carefully watched Buffy as she sat alone at her table, steadily making her way through the pitcher of beer dogboy had ordered shortly before he and the other chit left, leaving the slayer on her own. His eyes narrowed as a group of college boys sat down at the slayers table. Mindlessly he ate the extra spicy buffalo wings he had ordered and finished off his second pitcher of beer. He was so focused on the slayer who sat across the room that he did not notice as his demon surfaced and his face slowly shifting to show his bumpies and fangs. As he continued to drink, the potion in the beer took effect. Spike gradually became buried deep in his mind while his demon took complete control, his golden eyes pinned on what should be his natural enemy. 

***

 For the first time, in a long time, Buffy didn't care about much but the foamy amber liquid in front of her, it was pretty and nummy and warmed her inside. She paid no attention to the boys around her, she only cared that they gave her more foamy goodness. Time had no meaning to her tonight. She only noticed its passing by the constant refilling of her glass with the amber liquor. She didn't pay attention to  the gradual tapering off of patrons as the night progressed.  Nor did she notice the physical change of her drinking companions, or the now vamped out and growling Spike who sat there staring at her. She was completely oblivious to the decline of her own thought process as the slayer in her took over, her eyes glowed, her skin blazed gold and her fangs dropped. She was happy in her own little world until her now cave man companions notice her presence

"Want girl!" One of the Neanderthal frat boys yelled, firmly grabbing Buffy's arm. She growled and yanked her arm from his grasp, he did not smell right to her. Somehow she instinctively knew that he was not a suitable mate.

"Want girl!" He yelled and again tried to take possession of her. Before she could react, the boy was shoved to ground by another male with white hair and fangs. He stood in front of her as if to protect her and growled menacingly, staring everyone down until they all left the pub.

 Slowly the Slayer circled the unknown male, sniffing occasionally. He smelled familiar, powerful, like a predator, completely male and utterly hers. Her equal, her mate. She stopped in front of him and gently butted her head against his, growling low in her throat. She lightly nipped at his chin, drawing a small  drop of his blood, and delicately lapped at it. The explosion of flavor surprised her. The Slayer closed her eyes in pleasure. His blood spoke to her and told her about the man before her. Everything in his scent was there but it also hinted at something more. Something bright but buried deep inside him. Potential, potential for redemption.

Her eyes flew open and met the yellow eyes of her intended. Slowly she slid her tongue along one of her fangs, letting the smell of her blood permeate the air, and gently brushing her parted lips against his. Without hesitation, he sucked her tongue into his mouth, accepting her gift and tasting her blood as she had his. Once the small cut healed he swept his tongue into her mouth. Gently they explored each other's mouths as they kissed. But the desire to claim their mate was strong and their kiss quickly filled with passion as lips, fangs and tongues fought for dominance. His hands grabbed her hips and pulled her forcefully against him. Slowly she began to grind against the hard bulge in his tight black jeans. Carefully she ran her tongue around his fangs smiling against his lips when her actions drew a warning growl from him. Her mate. She could feel the rightness of it in every single touch. Suddenly he pinned her against one of the brick  walls of the bar  and ground his caged cock roughly into her mound and growled deep in his chest as he kissed and licked  down her neck, lingering at her pulse point and sucking on it gently. Bracing her hands on his shoulders, the Slayer jumped and wrapped her legs around his narrow waist. He fisted his hand in her skirt and ripped it from her body, then trailed his hands up her bare thighs and pushed her thong to the side. The Slayer eagerly reached down and freed his erection. She could feel her mate coating himself in her juices, the anticipation of finally being whole was killing her. He pulled back from their frantic kissing and rested his forehead on hers, breathing in tandem with her, gulping down air. Their eyes met, a scant inch separating them. He  growled and thrust forcefully into the welcoming heat of her pussy until their pelvises rubbed against each other. She gasped at the sensation of being totally filled, his cock stretching her deliciously. He only gave her a moment to adjust before he started to wildly slam into her. The Slayer met him thrust for thrust. They fit together as if they were made for each other. They came together violent in their passionate love making ripping clothing and leaving scratches and bruises in their drive for completion. When he felt her begin to quiver around him, he pulled her head to the side and bit deeply. She moaned from the pleasure his fangs created as he penetrated the flesh of her neck. Before giving over to her orgasm, she managed to bite the exposed side of his neck, her small fangs destroying his sire's mark. She swallowed three mouthfuls of his blood.

"Mine" she growled into his neck. He shook his head slightly, completely obliterating any previous marks, before gulping down three mouthfuls of her blood. "Mine"

As the words left his lips, their orgasms slammed into them, stronger than any previously experienced in their existence, blacking out from the intensity of it all. They fell to the floor in each other's embrace, his cock still nestled deep inside her as a glowing gold, and green mist swirled around them. The vortex of magics sank into the sleeping couple as the claim bound them together, before exploding out of them. The shock wave of energy stunned the supernatural community as it swept through Sunnydale, alerting them to the unknown, new superpower that suddenly appeared in the middle of town.

***

In Los Angeles, Angel fell to his knees as the link to Spike was severed. Tears filled his eyes as he mourned the dusting of his childe. He should be happy that Spike was gone, but in that moment it only mattered that he was family and Angel would miss the annoying vampire.

At the same time in South America, Drusilla giggled as she danced to music only she could hear.

"Did you feel that, Miss Edith? My Spikes gone, consumed by the light. He now belongs to the Sunshine." Suddenly she crouched in front of the doll. "I always knew he was destined for her. The pixies told me when I found him in that ally," she whispered before spinning away, laughing manically.

Chapter 6 by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer

Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”

Pairings: Buffy/Spike

Rated: NC-17

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. I own nothing, but I wish Spike was MINE.

Authors Note:  I would like to thank all reviewers, your comments inspire me to continue writing. This chapter is un-beta'd at the moment, please let me know if you see any major problems. I hope you enjoy.

Buffy snuggled deeper into her pleasantly cool pillow. She froze when it groaned in response to her wiggling. She moaned in pleasure when she felt something twitch deep inside her. Slowly she lifted her head and met the lust filled eyes of a familiar bleached blond vampire.

"Spike," she asked so softly that even with his supernatural hearing he barely heard it. Her eyes widened as her memories of earlier surfaced. "Oh my god! We… we… we…," He could feel her start to panic, her instincts telling her to run away. Before she could move he wrapped his arms tightly around his new mate. He was shocked to feel her trembling against him, in her distress. The smell of her tears broke his un-beating heart as they slipped down her cheeks.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"We claimed (sob) each other, (sob) and you (sob) hate me (sob)."

Spike couldn't help chuckling at her ridiculous words. With tears streaming down her face, she glared at her mate.

"You're laughing at me," she screeched and began slapping his chest in protest. " You big meanie!"

Seeing how distraught she was, he rolled them over, pinned her hands above her head and rested his forehead against hers. Without warning, he opened the claim. Buffy closed her eyes as wave after wave of emotion hit her. She could feel his anguish over her tears and how happy and content he was to have her as his mate. Her breath hitched when a wave of love washed over her, warming her soul. Tears of relief filled her eyes and clutched at him desperately. Slowly she opened her end of their link, revealing the feeling of love she had been hiding, from everyone, for him.

Spike stifled his sob, but couldn't stop the tears that fell from his eyes and landed on Buffy's face. Gently she rolled them over and held him tightly as their emotions overwhelmed them. He caressed her face with his hands, wiping away her tears. He then carefully tangled his hands in her hair and brought her lips to his. When she felt his lips lightly brush against her own, her eyes closed, and she immediately opened her mouth to deepen the kiss. It was unlike any they had shared before. It was tender and soft, as their tongues caressed each other. When Buffy came up for air, she realized that while she was lost in the bone melting lip lock, Spike had rolled so that he lay comfortably between her thighs. When she looked up at him, she couldn't help trace his prominent cheek bones with her fingertips.

"Change for me?"

He stared at her for a few moments trying to understand the motivation behind her request. This gentleness was new to him. He had always longed to make love to his woman, but Dru had only loved pain in bed thanks to her "Daddy". Now he found himself craving the touch of the Slayer, and he couldn't help fearing her rejection once she saw his true face.

"Please show me."

 He allowed his demon to surface as he looked into her eyes and waited for her reaction. Buffy examined his "game face" for a few seconds. Even his demon was handsome with his ridged brow reminding her of a lion. Again she lifted her hand and mapped out his changed features with the tips of her fingers, paying special attention to the bumps and ridges on his forehead. Closing his eyes, he leaned into her touch. A soft noise that sounded suspiciously like a cat's purr came from his chest. Smiling she continued to stroke his face and the noise doubled in volume. Finally, she couldn't hold back her laughter and let out a small giggle. Immediately the purring stopped, and the yellow eyes of a pissed off  vampire looked down at her. She pecked him on the lips then whispered in his ear. "You were purring"

"Was not." Spike pouted.

Buffy only nodded before kissing him again. She teased his lips with her tongue before taking his lower lip between her teeth and biting it. She sucked his lip into her mouth making him moan. Without hesitation, she swept her tongue into his mouth and boldly played with his fangs, carefully avoiding drawing blood just yet. She could feel him twitching inside her pussy, reminding her that they were still intimately connected. Suddenly curious she flexed her vaginal muscles around him only using a fraction of her strength. Spike tossed his head back and groaned in pleasure when he felt her cunny squeeze him.

"Oh god, did I hurt you," she asked worriedly, mistaking his groan of  pleasure for one of pain. He slowly lowered his forehead to hers and breathed in her scent.

"No, kitten, that felt amazing. Squeeze me as hard as you can. I can take it." He swiftly captured her lips and gave her a quick toe curling kiss. Slowly he pulled out of her until just the head of his cock was inside her then pushed back in just as languidly. Buffy moaned and wrapped her legs around his hips, pulling him even deeper, then flexed around him again. Closing his eyes he barely stopped himself from coming instantly. She smiled knowingly at him when he began thrusting faster and harder. Seeing the smug look on her face, he lowered his mouth and bit a pebbled nipple before sucking it into his mouth. Her response was to drag her nails down his back, leaving red scratches I her wake.

He lifted his head from her breast when he felt her walls begin to flutter around his dick. He wanted to watch her as she came, but his eyes were drawn to her neck and the new bite mark. With a growl, he struck, his fangs sinking into the already damaged flesh. Buffy knew that the moment Spike began to draw on her blood she would be gone, lost to the world, as her orgasm swept over her and wanted to take him with her. She felt her fangs drop a moment before she plunged them into his neck. Simultaneously they swallowed three mouth fulls of blood.

"You are mine as I am yours eternally," they managed to say before their climax engulfed them and they cried out as pleasure ripped through their bodies.

When he was finally able to move again, Spike turned them so they were laying on their sides. He wrapped his arms more securely around his mate and began to softly purr in contentment. Buffy tried to think of an appropriate word, to describe what had just happened.

'Wow!'

"My thoughts exactly, luv."

Her face scrunched in confusion.

'Cor, she's bloody adorable when she's trying to think.'

Her eyes bulged in shock.

'Oh. My. God. You're in my head!'

Spike couldn't help laughing in joy when her words traveled through his mind.

'And you're in mine. It's a rare trait of the claim and means we were meant to be together, Slayer.'

'Buffy.'

'What?'

'Buffy, not slayer.'

'Buffy.' he nuzzled her neck. 'My Buffy!'

She barely stifled her giggle when his purring grew louder with his words.

'Spike.'

'Yes, Buffy.'

'You're purring again.'

'You tell anyone, and I'll put you over my knee even if you are my blood mate.'

'Promises, promises.'

'Ooo, does the high and mighty Slayer have a bit of kink in her?'

'I have no clue, I guess it's up to you to find out!'

'Cheeky bint.' Spike slowly kissed his way up Buffy's jaw before lightly nibbling on her lips. They kissed lazily, just simply enjoying making out with one another. After a while, he began to kiss down her neck giving her a chance to catch her breath. His path was impeded when she yawned.

'Sleepy, kitten?'

'Mmm, what time is it?'

'By the feel of it, around one in the morning. Why don't you catch some kip, I highly doubt anyone is going to find us here. I think I scared everyone off earlier.'

'I forgot we were in a bar, what's kip?'

'Sleep, go to sleep, sweetling.'

'K.' With a sigh, she snuggled closer into her mate and swiftly fell asleep. Spike followed her into the world of dreams still purring into the night.

***

Forrest looked down at the small display in his hands. Two lights blinked on the screen, indicating the presence of two hostiles in one of the buildings further up the street from his position.

"Periwinkle to Lilac, over," he spoke into his radio.

"Roger, this is Lilac, over."

"I have a multiple HST sighting just east of my current location, over."

"Roger, beta and gamma teams will converge on your position. Apprehend them, then return to base, over."

"Roger, Periwinckle out."

Fifteen minutes later Forrest and six other commandos quietly entered the small pub.

***
Oz tried to concentrate on the strange scent of the frat boys turned Neanderthals that had terrorized the college campus earlier that night, while attempting to appear interested in Xaner's philosophical debate on which was superior, Twinkies or Ding Dongs.

"So, Oz, which one gets your vote?"

"I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to pastries." He suddenly stopped walking when he caught the unmistakable smell of sex mixed with the  Slayers unique scent. Curious, he followed the smell down the street. He was about to cross it to enter the building the aroma originated from when Xander grabbed his arm pulling him into an ally.

"What are armed men doing in a bar this time of night?" Xander asked no one in particular.

Oz peeked around the corner of the alley and observed a group of men in fatigues enter the pub he, Anya and Buffy had met in earlier.

"Buffy's in there." Oz aid as he realized the bar was the building her smell was coming from.

A scream pierced the air. He didn't think, just took off running as fast as he could, Xander right behind him. The place was trashed, tables were knocked over, and chairs lay broken on the ground. When an unconscious, twitching, and extremely naked Slayer with a couple of solders crouched over her came into view, Oz launched himself at one of the men. Snarling he punched the commando under him, for once embracing the strength his demon gave him, knocking the man out in one blow. Turning, he swiped the leg out from under another man making him fall awkwardly over a table. Standing Oz looked around him. Seven men in total lay scattered about the room.

"Spike!" Xander said in a high pitched girly scream. The vampire was butt ass naked, kneeling next to Buffy and carefully looking her over for any serious injuries. Xander quickly picked up a broken wooden chair leg and charged the oblivious vampire, burying the improvised stake in Spike's back, piercing his heart. Instead of turning to dust the blond demon turned and growled at the brunet teen. With the change in angle, Oz was able to see the fresh bite that adorned Spike's neck and the matching one on Buffy's throat. His eyes widened when he felt the power coming off of the mated pair wash over him. Immediately his wolf recognized them as strong alphas worthy of his fealty even though they were not Werewolfs. Slowly he knelt on the ground infront of the vampire and bared his throat to Spike as a sign of submission.

"What the fuck are you doing, Oz?"

"Xander, not now."

The vampire inched towards Oz sniffing at the werewolfs exposed neck. Spike growled softly then gently bit the teen taking a sip of his blood.

"Mine."

"Yours." Oz blinked when his wolf seized control of his vocal cords and growled out the declaration of loyalty to the vampire and the slayer before him. Shaking off his demon Spike turned back to his mate who was finally showing signs of waking.

"Buffy, are you okay, baby?"

"Yeah, I'm… Oh my god, Spike, who staked you!" Her eyes were filled with worry.

Gently she wrapped her arms around him and carefully pulled the chair leg from his back. The wound closed instantly once the stake was removed. The vampire nuzzled his mate and licked his mark trying to calm her.

"I'm alright, luv, I have the gem remember,"

"Yeah," Buffy said then hungrily kissed him, reassuring herself that Spike was not dust.

"Buffy, what the hell is going on here?! How could you let that thing touch you!? Don't you remember what happened with Angel," Xander yelled at the slayer. Growling, Spike lunged at Xander pinning him against the wall. He took a split second to examine the emotions coming from Buffy. He was pleased to discover that the mention of his grandsire only brought our feeling of anger and frustration.

"We don't have time for this shit. Those men will be waking soon, and I don't think it would be a good idea if we were here when they did. What do you think Whelp?"

Xander struggled against him, but his strength was no match for that of a vampire. "Get your hands off me! Buffy he's going to hurt me, stake him!"

Shaking her head, the Slayer stood and moved towards her mate and best friend. "Xander, what makes you think staking him would work, anyway he's right we so don't have time for this." She cupped Spike's face in her hands and kissed him, enthusiastically. "Come on baby, let's get dressed and get out of here."

However, none of their clothes had survived their violent mating. Seeing the problem, Oz, quickly took off his orange, oversized, button down shirt and handed it to Buffy. Thanking him, she slipped it on as Spike moved to the booth he had occupied earlier in the night and retrieved his black leather duster, using it to conceal his impressive danglely bits. As they left the trashed pub no one saw Forrest reach for the gun strapped to his hip, but they all heard Xander's unmanly shriek when the projectile lodged it's self in his behind. With lightning speed, Buffy turned and pounced, quickly nocking the injured commando out again.

The group swiftly moved through the streets of Sunnydale going unnoticed due to the pre-dawn hour. In less than ten minutes, they were standing outside the Watcher's door. Not bothering to knock, the werewolf flung open the front door to Giles' loft, startling the people inside.

"Giles invite him in," Buffy demanded after stumbling when Spike bounced off the invisible force barring the vampire's entry. "Willow, Anya, can you clear the table. Oz, liquor and something to grab the bullet with." The Slayer ordered as she righted herself and Xander. Everyone hurried to follow her directions except for her Watcher who just stood there doing an excellent impression of a fish.

"Giles, Xander's shot and he is too big for me to move on my own."

Slowly he picked up a loaded crossbow and aimed it at Spike's heart before hesitantly inviting him in.

"Thanks, Watcher." Spike didn't waist anytime stepping over the threshold, and helped his mate lay the moaning Xander face down on the dinning room table.

"Who has the steadiest hands." Buffy asked the room as she stretched her arms.

"I think it's between you and me, pet."

"No way, am I touching Xander's butt, you do it."

"You think I want to touch the Whelp's ass?"

"I know of another ass you won't touch again if you don't"

"Fine." Spike pouted as he grabbed the knife and scotch Oz handed him. Smiling in victory, Buffy kissed him then began making her way up the stairs to her Watcher's bedroom.

"While you're fixing the Xan-man, I'll find us something better to wear."

"I was wondering how long it would take for you two to finally get together." Anya smiled at Spike. "I wish you many great orgasms. Now how is my Xander?"

Everyone just stared at the ex-vengeance demon in shock. After a few seconds, Spike burst into laughter. "I'm Spike, William the bloody, the slayer of slayers, what's your name, pidge?"

"Anya Christina Emmanuella Jenkins, Previously known as the vengeance demon Anyanka. I've heard a lot about you, William. I thought your use of spikes was a very poetic form of vengeance for what those men put you through." The vampire's eyes bulged in surprise.

"A… thanks.  Umm Xander should be fine." If a vampire could blush, Spike would have been beet red. Turning he took a swig of the expensive scotch then doused the blade of the kitchen knife before ripping open Xander's pants, exposing the wound.

"What the bloody hell happened," Giles asked,  finally having regained his composure.

"Spike and I were attacked by masked commando types," Buffy answered as she walked down the stairs with a fresh set of clothes on and a pair of sweatpants in her hands for Spike.

"And what were you doing with Spike?"

"We… We…" Buffy stammered as she tried to find the right words and her cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment.

"Do they normally blink like that," Spike asked as he got his first look at the projectile in Xander's backside, "Whatever it is I'm going to have to cut it out."

Everyone huddled around trying to see what the vampire was talking about.

"Take your time. I don't want you to further lessen his orgasm giving potential." Anya pleaded with Spike.

"Ah, guys, we don't have any. That blinking thing means it's not a bullet or trank dart but a tracer," Willow said looking over Spike's shoulder. "It's like a homing beacon. And if the commando guys are reading the signal, they're headed our way."

"Fuck it" Spike growled as he vamped out. Fearing for their safety Giles pulled the trigger shooting the vampire in the chest right through his heart.

"Why is everyone trying to dust Spike," Buffy yelled in her Watcher's face as she tackled him to the ground. Ignoring the crossbow bolt sticking out of his chest Spike used his sharp claws to carefully slice open Xander's flesh and quickly grabbed the projectile.

"What do I do now," Spike asked the room, waving the small piece of technology around in the air.

Oz took the tracer and vanished down the hall to the bathroom where he flushed it down the toilet.

In the living room, all hell broke loose.

Chapter 7 by SpikesGirl8472

Title: In the Harsh Light of Beer.

Summary: Tainted Beer makes both Buffy and Spike step out of denial, bringing to light the feelings they’ve suppressed since their first meeting. Takes place in season four, but quickly goes AU around “The Harsh Light of Day.”

Pairings: Buffy/Spike.

Rated: NC-17.

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox. I own nothing, but I wish Spike was MINE.

Authors Note:  Sorry for the long break between updates, at the moment it's hard to find time to write between work and school, especially with a spastic muse. This chapter is un-beta'd at the moment, please let me know if you see any substantial problems. I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 7

"Is the intel in Graham?" Agent Finn asked as he assembled his weapons.

"The latest scans indicate that there are three confirmed HST's in the housing unit. Scans show multiple humans are also in the structure."

"Have all available team set up a perimeter around the structure with Alpha team preparing for entry."

"Yes, Sir.," Graham said before he began to give orders over the radio.

Riley turned around and assessed the array of weapons laid out on the bed of his truck. He was taking no chance with the sub - t's. They were dangerous and would be taken care of one way or the other. He just hoped he would catch them before his coffee date with Buffy.

Neither soldier noticed the loose – skinned demon as he observed them. By the looks of it, whoever they were going after was formidable. As he walked away, he wondered if the strange new demonic power that had suddenly showed up in the middle of town earlier in the night had anything to do with the "HST's" these men were going after. Shrugging he headed off in the direction he could sense the source of power. It couldn't hurt to warn whoever it was.

***

"No one hurts my mate!" Buffy yelled as her demon took over and emphasized each word with a punch to Giles's face, knocking him out before she set the last word. Spike winced in pain as he pulled her kicking and screaming off of her watcher before she seriously injured him. Trying to calm her down, he wrapped his arms tightly around his slayer.

"Buffy, what's going on? Why did you punch Giles?" Willow asked, confused by her best friend's actions.

"He has her under thrall or a spell." Xander groaned from the table.

"I don't use thrall it's cheating, and I don't like magic," Spike said defending himself. He inwardly smiled when he saw Oz place himself between them and the others, appearing to be acting as a buffer between the two groups, but was actually protecting his new family consciously or not. "Buffy, sweetheart, please calm down," he whispered into the still struggling slayers ear. He could feel her demon's need for revenge and her drive to protect her mate.

"And why should we believe you? You're an evil soulless demon!" Xander spat as his strength returned to him.

Buffy growled and fought harder to get free when she heard Xander's threatening words.

"What do you mean you don't like magic? You almost ruined Xander's and my life for a stupid love spell to get Drusilla back!"

"I didn't go through with it now did I, and I was –" Spike grunted when Buffy nudged the crossbow bolt with one of her flailing arms. "Oi! Dogboy just pull it the bloody hell out already." He growled through his teeth.

Turning, Oz ripped the bolt from his chest without batting an eye, and turned right back around, ready to defend his alphas.

"Like I was saying, I was three sheets to the bloody wind the whole time except for when I was having hot chocolate with the slayers mum."

"I don't care what you say, you’re a demon, which means your evil and can't be trusted. There is nothing good in you." Xander boldly moved towards Spike, completely missing the hurt look on his girlfriends face as he tried to intimidate the vampire. "The second that the gem comes off, I'll be there, and you'll be nothing but dust!"

The slayer roared and lunged at her friend, completely overcome by a primal need to protect her mate. Spike felt her intentions through the link a split second before she moved and tightened his hold. Together they fell to the ground in a heap of writhing limbs.

 Everyone watched in stunned silence as the two supernatural creatures wrestled. Spike quickly straddled Buffy and pinned her flailing arms above her head. He vamped out and growled at his struggling lover before sinking his fangs into his mark, instantly calming down his distraught mate.

"Buffy!" Willow screened and moved towards the slayer thinking her best friend was being drained by a vampire. Oz held her back trying to convince her that everything was okay without revealing the claim between the two. He saw Xander approaching the couple and growled a warning to him making Xander jump.

"What was that for, can't you see he's killing her?"

Buffy moaned in pleasure then bit into Spike's neck with her very own fangs, making Willow and Xander both gasp in surprise.

"Does it look like he's hurting her?" Anya asked her still clueless boyfriend. "In fact I think he has the potential to give her many mind blowing orgasms multiple times a day unlike some men in this room."

"Shut up Ahn. This has nothing to do with you." The teen yelled at his girlfriend.

"Ewww!" Willow screeched when Spike ripped Buffy's T-shirt open and immediately palmed her exposed breasts.

"Spike," Buffy said, gasping for breath as his expert fingers played with her nipples.

"How can they do that with all of us watching?" Willow asked, trying to look away from the site of her friends chest. "Buffy! Earth to Buffy!" The redhead yelled.

The slayer slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room. "Oh my God! Spike!" Buffy screamed and slapped her vampire to get his attention. "Spike!"

"What!" He growled in frustration.

'We were about to have sex in front of everyone.' She informed him, talking only in his mind.

'Huh?' He raised his head and looked around. His eyes widened as he realized where they were. "Oh!"

He removed his hands from her chest and quickly fixed her ripped T-shirt to cover her breasts. Reluctantly he left his mate's arms and stood up.

"What happened," the slayer asked as Spike pulled her to her feet and wrapped his arms around her.

Xander and Willow just stared at Buffy as she relaxed into her mortal enemies embrace and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"Giles tried to dust Spike, then you lost it and attacked Giles." Anya said as she studied the blonde couple intently. Buffy cringed at the ex-vengeance demon's words.

"Oops!"

"Oops! Oops! You attacked Giles for staking a soulless evil vampire, who has tried to kill you multiple times. Not to mention kidnapping Xander and me last year. He almost killed Xander and do I need to remind you about the whole bottle in the face thing." Willow said finally finding words.

A knock at the door stopped the impending argument. The slayer left her vampire's side and opened the door to the apartment.

"Slayer!" A loose – skinned demon that reminded her of a Shar-Pei, squeaked.

'I know that voice.' Spikes thought floated through Buffy's mind. She smiled when she felt him wrapped his arms around her waist as he looked out the door.

"Clem?"

The demon stared at the two people in front of him. If he wasn't mistaken, they were the source of the strange new powerful energy in Sunnydale. He smiled when he realized things were going to start changing on the Hellmouth, changing for the better of all its peaceful residents.

"Spike! Hey, how've you been?"

The vampire smiled at his friend. "Better than ever, Clem. I'd like you to meet Buffy Summers, the slayer. Buffy this is Clem." as he spoke he moved her hair away from the side of her neck to display his claim mark. Clem's eyes bulged when he realized what the bite meant.

"Congratulations! Her skin's a little tight for my taste, but if that's what you want I'm happy for you," he said as he enthusiastically shook Buffy's hand.

'He is harmless, luv.' Spike told Buffy when he felt her tense in his arms. 'Unless you're a tasty little kitten.'

"It's nice to meet you Clem." She said smiling brightly at him, she was relieved that she wouldn't have to slay one of Spike's friends.

"How did you know I was here, mate? " Spike asked the loose – skinned demon. Clem's smile faded slightly as he remembered why he was there.

"I didn't. I overheard a couple of those military guys that kidnapped my cousin, talking about taking down some demons. They are planning a pretty massive attack, I figured it had to do with the power I sensed here."

"Shit!" Spike said.

"Thanks for telling us, Clem, we owe you one," Buffy told him.

"Well, nice meeting you. Good luck." Clem waved in farewell as he left the apartment.

Closing the door, Buffy looked at the others in the room and instantly went into slayer mode.

 "Spike put some pants on then load up on weapons. Willow wake Giles. Anya help Xander walk. Oz get the trank gun and grab all the darts you can. We need to move people!" She ordered.

"Buffy I'm not leaving until he explains to me what you're doing with him!" Xander said pointing at Spike.

"Xander did you not hear what Clem said?"

"No." Her friend answered sheepishly. "Willow and I were trying to figure out what Spike has done to you."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Xander, those men who attacked us earlier are headed our way. You can bitch and moan about my relationship with Spike all you want once we're safe and rested. However, right now we need to get out of here."

"Fine," Xander agreed while glaring at Spike. "But I'm not happy about it."

"I think we'll be okay once we get out of here. I doubt they can track us now that Oz flushed their tracer thing, but it couldn't hurt to lay low for a day just to be sure." Willow said as she waved smelling salts under the watchers nose.

Giles julted back into consciousness, "Dear Lord! What happened?" He groaned as he carefully felt his damaged face.

"We could hide at my house," Xander suggested, thinking he could separate Buffy and Spike by refusing to invite the vampire in.

"Sounds good to me," Buffy said as she searched Giles's weapons chest for something she could use against humans with out killing them. After looking through all the options, she settled on a pair of Tomahawks, she could use like nightsticks but still have a lethal option in case of an emergency. Quickly she scanned the room, Oz had finished loading the dart gun and was now looking out the window, Willow was quietly explaining to Giles why he was on the floor, Anya was helping Xander into a pair of Giles's pajama bottoms, and Spike was trying to slip a full bottle of scotch into one of the deep inner pockets of his duster. Attempting to hide her smile at her mate's antics, she turned around and walked to the door, calling over her shoulder to the others. "Let's move."

Silently they followed the slayer and carefully made their way to the apartment's small parking lot across the street. The group came to a halt in front of Giles's Citroen. Buffy tilted her head to the right as she looked at his old beat up car. "Ah, Giles, somehow I don't think we'll all fit in there."

"My van is just over there." Oz said pointing to the left. Quickly, they got into the van and had just pulled out of the lot when they notice several black clad commandos stealthily surrounding Giles's home. All of them breathed easier as they realized that none of the commandos were following the van.

They were halfway there when Oz noticed flashing red and blue lights behind them. He was about to pull over when the police car sped past them. Sighing in relief, he stepped on the gas and continued driving to Xander's house.

Five minutes later, Oz slowed down as they neared the Harris's. Xander groaned when he spotted the patrol car that had passed them parked outside his home, and his drunken parents yelling at each other while the officers tried their best to separate the fighting couple.

"Shit! Sorry guys," Xander said trying not to show how embarrassed he was by his parents. "I guess my place is a no go for laying low.

"Right, any other suggestions," Oz asked as he turned the van around, trying not to draw the attention of the police.

"I have a cave in the Northwoods about 40 meters past the overpass construction. It should be big enough for all of us." Spike suggested.

"No way am I staying in his evil lair. Who knows how many minions he has hiding there in wait, ready to kill us the moment we step inside." Xander screeched.

"I don't have any bloody minions," Spike said, "I dusted them all after I found the gem of Amara."

"And we believe you why?"

"Xander Harris, I'm tired, besides, Spike would never harm his – Ow!" Anya screamed when Buffy pinched her hard on the leg. "What was that for?"

Buffy tilted her head slightly in the direction of her watcher who was in the front with Oz.

"Oh! Right," Anya said with a nervous laugh.

"I think your cave sounds like the best idea, baby. Oz, pull into the next convenience store so we can buy some supplies." Buffy ordered.

20 minutes later Oz turned onto a barely visible road.

"You can go ahead and drive right in just don't hit my car." Spike said as they reach the large cave entrance.

Once inside the vampire quickly jumped out and disappeared into the darkness. Before Xander could open his mouth to gloat about being right, light filled the cavern.

Buffy walked over to Spike and wrapped her arms around him. Standing on her tip toes, she began nibbling on his lower lip then sucked it into her mouth.

'Let's go to bed, baby.' she told him silently. They continued to kiss forgetting they weren't alone. After long minutes, Buffy pulled away in desperate need for air.

"What you say, luv,"  Spike asked as he rested his forehead against hers.

'Bed. Now.'

"Right." Turning, he looked at the others, "There are beds through there and there." As he spoke, he pointed out each opening. "Make yourselves at home." Smirking, he kissed Buffy on the cheek before spontaneously picking her up and slinging her over his shoulder making her squeale in surprise. Raising her head, she waved at her friends. "Sweet dreams everyone." Winking at them, she pushed aside Spike's duster and pinched his ass.

"Oi, watch it slayer." Spike growled as he rubbed his abused bum.

"Buffy, where are you sleeping?" Willow asked.

"With Spike."

"You're sleeping with Spike," Xander exclaimed.

"I think they're planning to do a lot more than that." Anya stated smiling at the blonde couple.

"Giles, do something, she can't be left alone with him. It's not safe." Xander whined.

Sensing the beginning of another fight that she was too tired to deal with, Buffy spoke up. "Guys we'll talk more after we've all had some rest and calmed down. Goodnight." Spike was on the move before she finished talking. Quickly they disappeared into a dark opening on the other side of the cave.

This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=37129