A Second Start by Simply Ridiculous
Summary: Buffy moves to Sunnydale ready for a second start with her mum. After an... interesting... first meeting with Spike and a school cupboard, can Spike win her over? Or will her past get in the way? (All Human)
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 3905 Read: 13681 Published: 12/19/2012 Updated: 01/11/2014
Red Roses by Simply Ridiculous
I walked into school the next day and still couldn't believe what I had done. What was wrong with me? On my first day at school I locked a boy in a cupboard and kissed him. Passionately.

I might have been taking the whole 'new me' thing a bit too far...

But after everything that happened I certainly wasn't expecting what I saw first thing when I walked into school.

Spike had been standing in front of my locker, a single red rose in his hand. He smiled when he saw me and held the rose out.

“What the hell is this?” I asked, utterly confused.

“It's a rose.” He pointed out cockily.

“I can see that,” I grumbled. “What are you doing with a rose?”

“Well, luv. It happens to be for you.” He smiled. The first genuine smile I had seen. I grudgingly took the rose from his hand and looked at it like was a bomb about to go off. “Would you like to go on a date with me?” That got my attention.

“What?!” I couldn't work out if he was joking or not. His smile had faltered and he looked almost shy again.

“I asked you if you wanted to go out on a date with me.”

Was he serious? Apparently so. I had wondered why he would want to go on a date with me – then I remembered the kiss and remembered Angel. Honestly, sometimes I think that men only have one thing on their minds.

“This is ridiculous. Just stay out of my way and leave me alone.” I said and walked off.

“Is that a no?” He had called after me and I just raised my middle finger at him and kept on walking.

What I didn't count on was the empty chair in English being his.

I also didn't count on Spike being so persistent.

Everyday I arrived at school to find Spike standing in front of my locker with a red rose and a smug expression.
Everyday he said “Would you like to on a date with me?”
Everyday I just walked away.
Everyday it was becoming harder and harder to do so.

After a week of the same routine, I was starting to get bored.

On the sixth day, when he had handed me yet another rose (where was he getting them from?), I fiddled with it and stared right at him.

“You know, this whole rose thing is becoming a bit overused.”

He just raised an eyebrow at me. “Is there anything particular you would prefer?”

“Chocolate.” Was my immediate response.

“Chocolate.” He repeated, whilst trying not to laugh.

“I happen to like chocolate! Oh, maybe you could get me a nice hot chocolate and a chocolate croissant.” I had said, half joking.

He had simply nodded and walked away.

_________________________________________

The next day I had arrived to the sight of Spike standing in front of my locker as usual – except this time in one hand he had a plate with a chocolate croissant and in the other he held a yellow mug with the words 'Kiss the Librarian' on it. The very sight of him had made me want to laugh out loud.

When I got there he handed me the mug and I had a sip.

“Mmm... Chocolatey goodness,” I mumbled appreciatively. “It even has those little marshmallows! I love them!”

He gave me a grin the cheshire cat would have been proud of.

“So do I, pet.”

Which had caused me to grin as well. My bag had been quickly abandoned and I found myself nibbling on the croissant. The chocolatey centre oozed into my mouth.

“Sooo, will you let me take you out on a date?”

At that point I simply couldn't have said no...
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=37269