Its Not Set in Stone by spuffy4eva
Summary: Elizabeth may have been adopted but she has just been told she is a princess and will have to take over the country she was born to run when she finishes high school.

Sounds like princess diaries but I guarantee it isn't LOL.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4870 Read: 3605 Published: 06/21/2013 Updated: 07/28/2013

1. Chapter 1 by spuffy4eva

2. Chapter 2 by spuffy4eva

3. Chapter 3 by spuffy4eva

Chapter 1 by spuffy4eva
Author's Notes:
Hey all first ever spuffy fic!
CHAPTER 1
At 17 Buffy was halfway through high school and was getting ready to take her SAT's. She managed good grades and had a few really good friends but was still classed as the outcast. She had moved from Los Angeles to Sunnydale a few years ago with her parents who needed to get away from the big city.

At first the popular kids seemed to like her but as the school year progressed she found it more and harder to laugh at their stupid jokes. That year she found out she was adopted. Her personality changed dramatically that year. No longer bright and bubbly she was withdrawn. She wore the exact same thing every day she went to school, she wanted to become a blip on the radar but it caused the opposite approach. The people who were meant to be her friends ditched her and teased her mercilessly. It had caused her pain but she was thankful she had learned life's lessons early.

2 YEARS AGO
"Buffy would you come to the living room please"

"Yes mom" she screamed over her music and bounded down
the stairs, when she got there both her parents were there with a strange looking women and man.

"What's going on guys?" Buffy was really confused

"Hi Buffy my name is Rupert Giles and this is my wife Jenny and we represent the Queen of Moreton. It's a small island in the Caribbean"

"Okay" Buffy replied with skepticism

Rupert then blew his top "You were meant to have told her!"

"We couldn't she seemed so happy we couldn't tell her she was adopted!" Buffy mother screamed

"I'm what?" Buffy yelled over the dim

"Buffy we meant to tell you when you were younger but by then you were ours and we didn't want to wreck the relationship you had with us so we hid the truth" Hank Summers said

"So I'm not Buffy Summers. Who the hell am I?" she screamed and started to hyperventilate

"You are the grand duchess Elizabeth and the next in line to be queen" Jenny said softly

"The hell I am, I know nothing about this, you can't just dump that on me. I don't want to be responsible for a country. I can barely take care of myself" tears had started falling down her cheeks which broke Buffy's mothers' heart. Joyce hated when her little girl was upset.

"Why are you here?" Buffy asked sniffling

"Because you are needed, your mother is dying and she needs you to ascend the throne"

"MY REAL MOTHER IS JOYCE SUMMERS AND I AM NOT GOING ANY WHERE" Buffy screamed and ran out of the house

(Present)

Buffy was in the library researching some information for an extra credit assignment for ancient history as she remembered that horrible day. The day her world fell apart. The two word kids should never here at 16. 'You're adopted'. It scared her even today.

Her day then went from bad to worse as she heard the popular kids enter the library. She really didn't feel like dealing with their crap today so she hid further around the back so no one would spot her, but she'd moved too late and when she felt a wetness at the back of her neck and heard them laughing she knew immediately they had hit her with a spit ball. She held back her tears determined that she was not going to cry in front of them and give them more reason to laugh at her. She picked up the book she had been reading and out fell a piece of paper.

As she examined it she concluded it was really old and so she read the inscription on it.

THE GIRL WHO WAS LOST
BUT NOW HAS BEEN FOUND
WILL PULL HER TRUE LOVE
INTO THE LIGHT.
THEY SHALL BE UNITED UNDER
THE TITLE OF SOUL MATES.
WHEN THE SUN PASSES
IN FRONT OF THE MOON
THE ANCIENT CRYSTAL WILL REAPPEAR
AND THE SILVER MILLENIUM
WILL BE UPON THEM ONCE MORE.


Buffy re-read what she determined only to be a nice poem over and over again the beginning giving her hope that one day her knight in shining armor would come for her. She pocketed the piece of paper and left the library.

William 'Spike' Shields watched the blonde leave the library full of sadness and felt an incredible amount of guilt wash over him. Yes he was the most popular in the school but he was still human and sometimes he wished he could be more like Buffy and not care what people thought about him. His current girlfriend Drusilla was sitting on his lap. He didn't love her, he barely tolerated her but she was the most popular girl in the school and was only with her for the title. She was cruel and heartless and he wanted out of this relationship. They were all laughing at Buffy's misfortune when he decided it was time t let Drusilla go.

"Hey Dru, we need to talk alone" he said quietly but not quietly enough and all eyes were on him

"What you have to say to me you can say in front of my peeps" she said and everyone listened more intently

"Ok, I think we should break up!" he exclaimed

"What!” she screamed “Your dumping me before prom how could you do that!" Dru ran from the library crying. Spike believed it was humiliation not from heart break.

"Well there goes another prom queen. What is with you man, you have been acting like a broody bastard the last few weeks and now with dumping the love of your life, what gives?" Riley asked

"She wasn't the love of my life and I am sick to death of the bull shit that goes on in the school. Catch ya later" he wondered out of the library and all his so called friends just laughed at the scene they had just witnessed.

In the distance he heard the bell ring for fourth period and hurried to his next class when he bumped into a familiar blonde.

"Sorry" she mumbled

"It’s Ok pet" he helped her up "it was completely my fault Buffy" he smiled at her.

"I don't tend to look where I am going too much, once again I am really sorry" she continued to proceed down the hallway and Spike was baffled. He had just apologized and she had basically brushed him off as nothing.

‘Well you have never really spoken to the girl what do you expect' the little voice in his head said.

With that he continued on to class. When he finally got moving to class he realized Buffy had dropped a sheet of paper he picked it up and read it and decided it was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever written and that he would find her and give it to her this afternoon after school.

Math’s was really boring for Buffy; she sat and tuned out the teacher talk about algebra and day dreamed about the poem she had found in the library. Except she checked her pockets and it wasn't in there, she must have dropped it somewhere.

'Damn it' she thought.

At 3 o’clock the bell rang again and she was on her way home. Thinking about going home she started to get tense, it was strained and argumentative. Her adoptive parents Joyce and Hank were always avoiding her lately. Yes they were going to get hurt when she was made to leave but didn't they realize they were still her mum and dad to her and alienating her now was slowly destroying her.

Spike was on his way home as well when he spotted her.
"Hey Buffy wait up!" he yelled

She stopped and turned to see who was calling her name and was shocked to see who it was.

"What's the matter Spike?" she asked coolly

"You dropped this in the hall when you ran into me" he pulled the piece of paper from his pocket

"So you decided to return it?"

"Yes is that so hard to believe" he was getting cross now.

"Well let’s see in the 2 years you have known me you have barely said more than three words to me so don't mind me if I am slightly confused with the change of heart" she said firmly

"Sorry love, just trying to mend some broken bridges before high school ends!" 'God she has some spirit in her' he thought to himself

"Ok thanks Spike but I need to be getting home. See you around!" she dazzled him with a smile and he felt his heart swell with the knowledge that he wanted her to smile more often.

Once again the guilt rushed him when he realized that his friends and he had been the ones to make her high school life miserable. Something that he planned to change.
Chapter 2 by spuffy4eva
Author's Notes:
The Song in this chapter is from Sailor Moon and is sung by Jennifer Love Hewitt.
CHAPTER 2
As Buffy arrived home she found a note on the fridge explaining that her parents had to go out of town for the weekend and that they would be back home on Sunday night. She noticed money pinned to the fridge by a magnet and it was then she decided to call her best friend Willow and she is she wanted to go to the underage club called Caritas. She felt like letting her hang down and dancing the night away. Most of the popular kids headed for The Bronze, the other club run on the outside of town, so she didn't like going there.

She picked up the phone and dialed the number from memory

"Hello"

"Hello Miss Rosenberg is Willow home yet?"

"Yes Buffy here she is"

"Hey Buffy what's up?"

"Do ya want to come over tonight and maybe we could go to Caritas and have a little fun in our otherwise boring lives?"

"Sure let me ask my mum" silence filled the phone for a couple of minutes before Willow returned

"She said alright and that she will drop me off soon!"

"Cool see ya then" they both hung up and Buffy hurried up stairs to find something suitable for her night of frivolous activity with her best mate.

Meanwhile across town Spike was laying on his bed staring at his ceiling. He was bored and didn't know how to entertain himself so he let his thoughts take hold of his imagination and soon he was asleep.

Once again there she was in his dreams the mysterious girl who kept calling for him to help her. He never saw her face but she knew she had the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen. She beckoned him to her side then the dream took a turn for the worst she was taken away by a dark force and she screamed.

Spike awoke with a start 'what the hell was that' he thought gasping for breath. 'Who was the girl and why did I feel like I already knew who she was'. His breathing finally evened out and he calmed a little. He needed to get out of this room.

He changed into some street cloths consisting of all black attire and headed into the night.

Buffy was all ready and waiting on Willow. She had changed and was wearing a tight black leather pants, a red halter top and her black leather jacket, her hair was curled slightly and it fell past her waist, she had applied the makeup heavily today. She didn't feel like being Buffy Summers tonight and she didn't look like it either if she was honest with herself as she stared in the mirror. Excellent!

Willow arrived and was a little frightened at what her usually conservative friend was wearing but decided not to say anything so they made their way to Caritas.

They walked down the street and talked about anything when Buffy brought up what she called the Spike incident.

"Did I tell you I bumped into Spike in the hallway and he apologized to me saying it was his entire fault, I was dumbfounded he has never said anything to me and he said sorry"

"Wow that is unusual usually he lets his friends pick on you without doing anything" Willow replied

"Well it gets better, I dropped a piece of paper and he actually tracked me down on my way home from school just to return it to me and when I asked why he said he was mending bridges or something" she explained further

"Well did you hear he dumped that skank Drusilla today?"

"Willow!" Buffy exclaimed not used to hearing shy Willow insult someone "and yes I saw her run out of the library after I did" she sniggered to herself 'so that's what that was about'

They arrived at Caritas and paid the cover charge and found a table.

"Do you want a drink?" Buffy asked Willow as she took her seat.

"Coke please" she responded and Buffy headed for the bar.

"Hey sweet cakes what can I get for you" Lorne the owner asked

"2 cokes please Lorne"

"I'm sorry do I know you muffin?" Lorne asked confused
not sure who the blonde haired beauty was in front of him

"Lorne it's me, Buffy!" she laughed

"Holy heck Buffy you don't look like you tonight!"

"Just the look I was going for" she smiled and took the glasses from him and returned to Willow.

After about an hour later and a few dances later Lorne got on the stage and announced it was now karaoke time and that he had someone in mind to sing the first song. The spotlight shone on Buffy and she flat out refused.

"Come on Buffy carpe diem" Willow said and pushed her to the stage.

Buffy took the microphone and spoke into it.

"Hi my name is Elizabeth and this song is called My Only Love" the music started and she started to sing.

Deep in my soul,
a love so strong,
it takes control.

Now we both know.
The secrets bared,
the feelings shown.

Driven far apart,
I make a wish on a shooting star.
There will come a day,
somewhere far away,
in your arms I'll stay,
my only love.

Even though you're gone,
Love will still live on,
the feeling is so strong,
my only love, my only love.

There will come a day,
somewhere far away,
in your arms I'll stay,
my only love.

You've reached the deepest part
of the secret in my heart,
I've known it from the start,
My only love, my only love.

As Spike entered into the club he heard someone singing a love song and he had to admit she was good. She finished and spoke into the microphone

"Thank you"

The audience went little nuts and applauded her for a long time. 'Yep she had been really good' Spike could tell.

After a few more people trying to sing the dance music started up again and he watched as couples went and danced on the floor. All of a sudden a blonde caught his attention. She was stunning. Summoning up all his courage he approached her.

"Hey love, want to dance?"

Buffy was stunned, Spike Shields had just asked her to dance

"Why me?" she asked "I'm sure there a million girls who would want to dance with you!"

"Probably, but they don't take my breath away like you do" he whispered in her ear

"Cut the bullshit" she snapped

"Ok, but I was telling the truth, you are absolutely stunning. What's your name pet?"

"Are you kidding me?" she was really confused this time.

Could it be that Spike didn't recognize her, just like Lorne hadn’t?

"I really want to know what to call you sweet heart" he was oddly amused

"Its Elizabeth" she told him hoping he couldn't tell she was lying.

She didn't know why she told him her real name but she had and now it was too late to take it back. He took her hand and led her to the dance floor.

Buffy loved to dance and when she had been younger she had took lessons but had stopped when it wasn't cool anymore. As she stepped on to the dance floor and deep thumping version of the salsa started.

Other dancers parted letting them have some room of their own. Spike spun her once and her hand joined his. His other hand went to her waist and pulled her next to his body tightly. She could feel all the muscles underneath his cloths all waiting to be released. He was like a panther ready to pounce. They let their bodies sway to the music; he dipped her, supporting all her weight in his arms.

The smile on her face lit up the entire room, Spike however, was obsessed with her eyes they were green with flecks of silver in them when the light touched them.

He spun her again and lifted her into the air. The room was charged with energy. The music slowed for a bit and so the paced slowed letting the couples catch their breath and get closer with each other.

Buffy had her head pressed against Spikes chest and she could hear his heart beating really quickly. Then with the thumping of the drum the pace once again quickened. Their bodies moved in time with the music. His hands were travelling all over her body finally resting on her bum. She grabbed his hands and removed them, he smirked as she did. So she laughed. 'Typical boy' she thought

The song finished and everyone applauded everyone else and their partners. As they left the dance floor Spike had his hand on the small of her back and it felt nice. They headed to the bar and Lorne gave her a bottle of water.

"That was fun" she said and smiled. She looked over to the table and Willow was tapping her watch signally it was time to go.

"I'm sorry I have to go" she said facing Spike

"Let me drive you home pet"

"No thanks I'll be fine" she kissed him on the cheek and left in a hurry.

"WAIT" Spike yelled running after her but she was already gone.

"DAMN IT" he yelled and kicked a trash can and headed back inside.
Chapter 3 by spuffy4eva
Author's Notes:
Sorry about the spacing issues hopefully I have fixed that.
Thank you to all who have reviewed this story so far!
CHAPTER 3
On Monday at school Buffy did her best to avoid Spike at all costs. She didn't stay at her locker to long and whenever she saw the flash of peroxide hair she turned around and walked in the other direction.

There were 2 reasons for her doing this 1. She didn't want to be recognized as Elizabeth and 2. He had stirred feelings in her she wasn't prepared to admit to yet.

Things were going great further along in the day, Spike was yet to be seen then she looked at her next class.
Maths, the only subject she had with him. She quickly took her seat near the back of the room and proceeded to bury herself in the text book.

Spike had been looking for Buffy all morning, but she was nowhere to be seen. He had asked her best friend Willow if she was here and she had confirmed that indeed she was. So he bided his time till math’s class and waited to see her there. As he entered the class room his eyes scanned and found her in the back with her nose in the text book.

"Hey love can I share your text book I forgot mine" he smiled

She looked up over her text book "Sure "she replied

Spike now remembered why he never bought a text book to school. It was the perfect opportunity to get closer to this spectacular girl. Then images of the golden goddess at the club came to him and he drifted off into a dream like state.

"William Shields" the teacher asked taking the class attendance. Buffy glanced at him and he had a sort of small smile on his face. She nudged him

"Here" he said and raised his hand

"Thank you for joining us Mr. Shields!" the teaching exclaimed.

"Buffy Summers"

"Present" Buffy raised her hand

Spike moved his table closer to Buffy's so he could read the text book as the teacher began with the lesson. About 15 minutes into the lesson, Drusilla would not stop glaring Buffy, and it was making her nervous.

"Don't pay any attention to her she is just jealous because I am paying attention to someone else"

"If you’re using me to make her jealous don't bother, I don't want to be caught in your screwed up relationship" she stated firmly

"Don't think about it. Really if I wanted to make her really jealous I would be throwing myself at you. Besides I really don't like you that way. I just want us to be friends. I think I like someone else anyway"

"That's nice. Why are you opening up to me like this anyway?"

"Well I have never had a really good friend to talk to and you seem nice so why not?" he explained

"This girl you like does she go to this school" Buffy enquired

"Don't really know pet, I met her at a club but she left me without telling me anything but her name" he sighed

"So what's her name?"

"Elizabeth" he replied and let out a little sigh.

Buffy had to stop herself from laughing. He was talking about her to her. 'Apparently I made a really good impression on him' she giggled mentally

"So will you be seeing her again" she asked acting generally interested

"Don't know! I don't have a number or an address" he looked disappointed.

Every time he thought about her his blood boiled in anticipation but he was also deflated at the same time. All he knew was her name and nothing else. He would probably never see her again.

They both continued to talk a little about their lives and were getting into a fair amount of trouble cause of it.

"Miss Summers, Mr. Shields please see me after class" the teacher roused.

They just laughed harder. Drusilla turned around and continued to glare at them and it wasn't till Buffy actually waved at her did she finally leave them alone.

Class ended and they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. It was nice to have a new friend and Spike seemed generally interested in her life story and even though she had only really spoken to him once she was quite fond of him already.

She got to her locker to get her next books when the door swung closed and trapped her hand in it.

"ahhhhhhh!!!!" Buffy screamed holding her hand as the blood streamed from it.

"Stay away from Spike he's mine!" Drusilla yelled "or there will be more from where that came from. Don't mess with me Betty"

"Its Buffy and I think Spike has made it abundantly clear that he’s not yours anymore you two bit ho" Buffy said as calmly as she could

"Why you little bitch! How dare you speak to me like that? Do you know who I am?" Drusilla was getting madder by the minute

Buffy was enjoying her self.

"Yes I know who you are!! You're Superman in disguise! I knew it, can I have your autograph" Buffy smirked as she saw Drusilla go from being angry to pissed in 5 seconds.

It probably wasn't a good thing to provoke her but hell Buffy had dealt with these people most of her life she wasn't going to take anymore crap from any one. Buffy decided it was time to do something about it, with her uninjured arm she swung and smacked Drusilla right in the mouth. Unfortunately Principal Wood saw it and yelled at her to meet him in his office.

After all the commotion and visiting the nurse Buffy was then suspended for four days due to the injury Drusilla had suffered. Buffy thought of it as an extremely long weekend. That and she had some time for her hand to heal. Nothing was broken but the shade of green was real extraordinary.

Willow had called her that night asking her how she was and responded "I'm just taking some Tylenol then I am going to bed" they said goodnight and hung up.

It had been the longest four days ever, she had completed all the set work for her within the first two days and after that she had nothing to do. Her parents had forbidden her to watch television or have any fun. She was grounded but she had decided she needed to go to the club tonight and see Lorne and ask for his advice on the whole Spike situation.

She knew that lying to him about her name was wrong but she wanted him to see her as herself and not a nerd from school. She knew she was being selfish when she gave her inherited name but she was under pressure and that's the only name that came to mind.

After her parents got home they called her into the living room and handed her a letter stating it was from her real mother. Buffy took the letter and ran upstairs to read it. The only contact she had with her biological mother was through Rupert Giles and that was when she had turned 16.

She read the letter aloud.

Dearest Elizabeth,

I know you won't remember me or you might not even want me in your life but the time has come my daughter for you to ascend the throne of Moreton.

As Rupert has already told you I am dying and I never had any more children apart from you. I was young and naïve when I first fell in love with a servant boy here at the palace.

When my mother realized what I had done she had me adopt you out and she sent the boy away. Ever since my mother passed on I have been searching for you. My real name is Isabella and I have been running this country for the past 14 years.

I know that it is a lot of responsibility to place on your shoulders at such a young age but Rupert tells me you are a feisty young woman who shows a regal command.

I am going to tell you about how you were born and the adoption agency we sent you to.

You were born in a palace by the sea on the 14th October 1983 and your father’s name was Marcus. He worked in the kitchen and was only a year older than myself. If I was allowed I would have married him but with me being a princess and heir to the Moreton throne it was strictly forbidden.

You came into this world screaming and didn't quiet down until someone let me hold you. Your green eyes looked into mine and I got the feeling you had been in this world before. I think you were trying to tell me you would be alright and that I shouldn't worry.

You were given to an adoption agency in Los Angeles. My mother didn't want me to have any distractions. She knew I would wonder what kind of home you would have been given and she didn't want me to see any child in Moreton and think to myself was that little girl mine.

I am sorry for all the hurt you must be feeling now and I would very much like to hear about your life up until now. I want to hear about your hopes and dreams and even if there is someone special. I'd like to hear about the people who adopted you and if they have been good to you.

Please write and tell me everything because I have missed
you so much.

Elizabeth I must ask you this that at the time of your graduation and after the end of high school you need to come and be here with me, so I can show you what you need to do as the next Queen of Moreton.

Love always and forever

Your mother

Buffy was crying slightly knowing she only had four months left before she must leave and knowing that if things had gone differently her life would have been completely different as well. Buffy wandered back down the stairs to see her parents sitting in the living room still.

"Mum, Dad I really need to get out of this house. I need to clear my head and I need to think as well. She is giving me till the end of high school before I have to leave to be with her. I know you don't like it but this is my destiny". She explained

"You were always meant for great things Buffy" her father said and hugged her

"Ok you can go out but be back by 1" her mother smiled
Buffy rushed upstairs to get changed and by nine o'clock she was out the door.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=37317