Bittersweet by Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 48807 Read: 54041 Published: 05/03/2003 Updated: 07/22/2005

1. Bittersweet by Tygerlily

2. The Beginning by Tygerlily

3. The Beginning II by Tygerlily

4. Mine by Tygerlily

5. That was Then, THis is Now by Tygerlily

6. Lost Slayer, Lost Love by Tygerlily

7. The Big Bad is Back by Tygerlily

8. Daddy's Home by Tygerlily

9. Face Off by Tygerlily

10. Moving On by Tygerlily

11. Betrayed by Tygerlily

12. Misunderstanding + Jealousy = Angel by Tygerlily

13. War by Tygerlily

14. The past, The Present, The Future by Tygerlily

15. Interlude I - Flying High by Tygerlily

16. ... and we're the Slayerettes by Tygerlily

17. Goodbye by Tygerlily

18. No Apologies, No Regrets by Tygerlily

19. Truths and Mourning by Tygerlily

20. Interlude II - Liberation by Tygerlily

21. A Seer for the Slayer by Tygerlily

22. Lost and... by Tygerlily

23. ... Found by Tygerlily

24. Fragments by Tygerlily

25. On Wings of Gossamer by Tygerlily

26. Haunted by Tygerlily

27. Empty Meadows by Tygerlily

Bittersweet by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; Prologue
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.

Prologue

*--------------------*

As the fight raged on below just above another was occuring. Spike just coming around after falling from the tower, the portal already opened. He looked up to see Buffy trying to free Dawn from her bonds. He tried to move, to get to them, to get to Buffy and to help her. Spike began to lift his broken body from the ground but the pain being to great and he promptly fell back down and darnkess came.

*--------------------*

Buffy finally freed Dawn and began to lead her away from the edge of the platform, all the while ignoring her own injuries. Just then a dark dragon broke through the sky. The walls to the realities crumbling around the two sisters. Dawn stopped her, looking at Buffy with such sadness in her eyes. Buffy only looked at her with tired and slightly confused eyes. Dawn began to shake her head and broke free from her sisters embrace. Buffy tried to keep hold on her sister but with her injuries her sister broke free from her grip and with one last backwards glance. Dawn turned and ran to the end the platform, she took a breath and fell over the side and into the light.

*--------------------*

The sun was just coming over the horizon, Dawn's broken body laying admist the rubble. Xander carring an injured Anya, Willow and Tara clinging to eachother, Giles slowly emerging in disbelief, Spike only a few feet away collapsed into sobs.

Finally Buffy coming down the broken steps of the tower staring in grief and disbelief at what was left of her 'family' and her sister. She walked slowly over to Spike seeing for the first time how much the vampire cared for her sister. Buffy fell down to her knees and pulled him into her arms, Spike automatically wrapped her in a tight embrace. Buffy cried for her sister, Spike cried for his friend and both cried for the girl that had gained a place in theirs hearts no other could ever touch.

*--------------------*

END OF PROLOGUE
The Beginning by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 1/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 1 -- The Beginning

*--------------------*

It had been only three days since the funeral, everyone lost in their own worlds dealing with the loss of the girl they'd all come to love. Willow and Tara feeling the need to get away from The Hellmouth for awhile decided to visit a friend of Tara's in San Francisco. Anya and Xander retreated to the confines of their apartment to be just with one another and Giles went back to England to deal with the council.

Leaving Buffy and Spike to draw comfort from one another. After the funeral everyone went to Buffy's house, except for Buffy. Just as she done at her mother's grave she stood there waiting, for what she didn't know. Only this time the vampire to come up behind her and grasp her hand had eyes like the sea instead of the earth.

*--------------------*

//In nothing more than a whisper he gave her hand a quick squeeze and said. "She's in a better place now, love." Her only response being a heavy sigh and a squeeze of his hand in return. He tugged on her hand and began to lead her away from the fresh grave.

Just as she had done with Angel they found themselves sitting under a large oak. Sitting side by side her hand clutching his with her head resting on his shoulder, with a sigh she began. "I'm so tired Spike. I mean my sister just died. Key or not she is...was my sister. I know everyone is hurting but they all...God I dunno..." She trailed off not really knowing what or how to say she was feeling.

Spike just pulled her closer and dropped a kiss on head and said. "They're all grieving Buffy. I know you're hurt, we all are but always know I'm here for you. I loved the little bit and whether you like it or not I do love you too." She stayed silent for a long while knowing what he said was true. He had proved that numerous times over in the past. Finally in reply. "I know Spike, I know"

There they sat, Vampire and Slayer under a starlit sky. Both sat in a comfortable silence for a good part of the night. All to soon Spike could smell the Sunrise. Though he still had a good hour before the fatal rays came he still had no urge to fit in an ash tray. He began to stand pulling Buffy along with him. They stood there looking at one another, not quite sure where to go from there. Finally Buffy made the first move by offering her hand. Without a second thought he took her hand in his and they headed to 1630 Revello Drive.//

*--------------------*

That was three days ago. When the sun had set that evening and everyone had gone, Buffy and Spike went to Spike's crypt to collect the few things he kept with him. It was decided that Spike would move in with Buffy and help out with bills and other expenses. It turned out that after living well over hundred years one aquired quite a bit of money over time.

Now Buffy was in the kitchen in a pair of forest green sleep pants and a white tank making breakfast for herself. She took the box of cereal down and added milk to the sugary grains. Spike near the microwave fixing a pint of O-NEG. He took his breakfast over to the counter and sat down next to Buffy clothed only in a pair of black lounge pants and a white wife-beater.

Spike turned to toward the Slayer feeling her eyes on him. When he looked into her moss green eyes he could see she was lost in thought. Finally giving up on the staring contest he asked what she was thinking. After he got no response a touched her hand gently breaking her train of thought.

"huh...what" She looked at Spike and then realized she'd been staring, she turned her head to the side trying to hide the blush that had crept across her face. He put his finger under her chin to have her turn back to face him. "Hey pet, what's going on in that head of yours?" he said with a small smile on his lips

She looked up at him with a small smile of her own and said "I was just thinking..." Giving her look that said 'what about?' She continued but becoming very serious. "I told Giles that if she died I was quitting" Spike didn't have to ask who she was or what it was she was quitting. "I know it might not be the most so called responsible thing to do but I don't care. I mean I care but...well what I'm trying to say is that. I'm leaving Sunnydale and I want you to come with me."

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 1
The Beginning II by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 2/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 2 -- The Beginning pt. II

*--------------------*

Spike sat there stunned, he couldn't possible have heard her correctly. She wanted to leave Sunnydale and what was even more unbelievable was that she wanted *him* to go with her. "I’m sorry I must have heard you wrong...you...you want me to...to go with you." At her slight nod he just sat there a moment and looked her straight in the eye and asked again. "Let me get this straight, you want *me* to leave with *you*?"

She nodded her head, when he didn't say anything she took his hands in hers and said. "Look Spike I know because of...well everything in the past it may seem like 'why would she want me' but I'm asking you because I can't stay here anymore. It's too much I told Giles I was going to quit if she died. Well my sister is dead" She paused for a moment trying to collect herself.

"My mother had all her affairs in order, the house has already been sold. I have something’s already put away in storage everything else I'm either taking or just getting rid of." Spike sat there in a stunned silence letting all of what she said sink in. He finally came out of his thoughts. "Ok, I understand your choice to leave but I am pretty damn sure you didn't tell anyone about it. Still I come back to 'why me' not that I'm not flattered...it's just well" he trailed off not really knowing what else to say.

"Spike what you did with Dru and...Well let's just say that wasn't one of your better ideas..." They looked at each other both giving the other a small smirk. "...but after everything I know that you do care, in your own way." She paused not really knowing how to say what she had to say next.

Spike being able to tell that there was more she had to say patiently waited. All the while he couldn't help the hope that filled his heart. She finally moved a bit closer to him and looked up into his eyes never seeing how blue they were until that moment. "Spike, I lied to you that day. I did...I mean I do feel something for you. I'm not in love with you but I *do* love you and I hope one day..." She looked up at him to see him softly smiling down at her a tinge of red staining her cheeks.

He ran the tips of his fingers down the right side of her face. "That's all asked for Buffy. Just a crumb and it seems I've gotten a bit more than that." He leaned down to brush his lips against hers.

The kiss was feather light and when he pulled back she wished for more. They stared at each other for a moment until Spike broke the silence. "Come on, love. We got a lot to do before we leave...so when *do* we leave?" She just smiled and took his mug and her bowl and walked over to the sink. She walked back to him holding out her hand and as they left the kitchen she answered.

"Tomorrow night, Spike"

*--------------------*

The time had finally come, everything she owned was either thrown away, donated or she was taking it with her. Most had gone to the Salvation Army; Buffy was only taking clothes, Mr. Gordo, her journal and a few pieces of jewelry and other odds and ends. Basically all her things fit into a large black duffel bag.

Spike unlike Buffy had little he needed, his things consisted of some clothing, books and other personal odds and ends he liked to keep with him. Again all of his things fit into a large duffel bag. Spike had gotten rid of the DeSoto at Buffy's demand. Instead parked out front of the Summer's former home was a black mustang with tinted windows for the driver with the slight aversion to the sun.

The sun had just set 15 minutes ago and with their things packed. Spike leaned up against the side of the car dressed in a pair of black jeans and a loose black silk button down shirt watching as Buffy did a last check of the house. She stepped outside and locked the door.

As she came down the path dressed in a pair of well worn low rider jeans and a black tank top that showed a bit of her toned belly she smiled at him, he opened the passenger side door and she slid into the seat. Spike walked around the back of the car and slid into the drivers side. They smiled at one another taking her left her hand in his right, without a look back they drove off into the twilight.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 2
Mine by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 3/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 3 -- Mine

*--------------------*

(3 Months Later)

It's now been 3 months since both Spike and Buffy's disappearance. Willow, Tara, and Xander are now seated at the tarot card table pouring over a number of volumes investigating Sunnydale's latest big bad. Anya is handling the few customers roaming the shop and Giles is on the phone with one of his contacts again on the hunt for his missing Slayer.

*--------------------*

(Same Time -- Different Place)

The sun was high in the sky, though non of it's harmful rays penetrated the hotel room in which the Slayer and Vampire were resting in. Two bodies lay intertwined, one with skin as pale as the moon it self and the other with such sun-kissed skin it almost glowed.
The women began to stir her head pillowed on the man's chest. She could feel the blanket of sleep begin to lift, not wanting to wake up just yet she burrowed back down into his comforting embrace. He'd been awake for awhile, unmoving so as not to disturb the lovely thing lying next to him.
He dropped a kiss to the top of her head and began to run his fingers up and down the length of her arm. He then rolled her onto her back and blanketed her body with his own. She then wrapped her arms around him and ran her fingers in his hair. "Mmmm..." she mumbled

Spike growled deep in his throat, right into Buffy's ear. Shivers shot through her body, lingering at her sex. He began to kiss her softly, first her forehead, then her cheek, her neck, then back up to her chin. Buffy lost herself in the sensations. When she opened her eyes, they were level with his. Suddenly, his lips were on hers. Her body pulsing with longing, she pulled him closer to her saying. "Please Will...kiss me all over." It was at times like this when they were most intimate did she call him this.

He hesitated for a beat, then quickly did as she asked. He began kissing the swell of her breasts first, he teased a hardening nipple until she squealed, licked down her belly, coming to a stop at her thighs. Kneeling before her, Buffy let her legs fall open giving her vampire complete access.

Spike then began to tease her inner thighs with his soft icy kisses, moving slowly closer to her swollen center. She moaned, attempting to grab his head and force him closer to where she desired. He evaded her easily and continued with his insecent teasing. 'Asshole' she thought.

"Will! Please!" She bucked her hips forward. Dear God, doesn't he know he's killing me?

She saw his face break into a wide, self-satisfied smile.

'Jerk'

Just before she began to beg again, he'd dipped his head and began to lick and suck hungrily. She felt his fangs elongate. Spike scraped them gently against the tiny bundle of nerves, being careful so as not to draw blood...not yet anyway. Never feeling anything like it before she began to twist and squirm from the new sensations he was creating in her.

Soon, she was bucking against him frantically, knowing that she was about to come. She stopped him and tugged him upwards. As he crawled up her body, Buffy pulled him close for a kiss, tasting her sweet juices on his lips. His human visage was back.

As they locked eyes, loving shining from both. But before she could continue her musings, Spike thrust into her, burying his cock to the hilt. Buffy cried out in surprise.

Her body writhed under him, her hips lifting up to meet his gentle thrusts. He was on his knees, higher than usual, introducing her to a new position that he was sure to bring them both immense pleasures. She was so wet and with each thrust she covered him in her sweet juices. His cock ran its length up and down her clit, his knees on either side of her legs. He knew in this position it would bring her to multiple orgasms once they began, and watching her like this, in pure ecstasy was almost too much for him to bare.

Buffy held her breath unable to truly understand the feelings running through her. As the sensitive bundle of nerves between her legs began to explode. Spike leaned down and brought his lips to her ear, quickly running his tongue on the shell of her ear he purred one word that removed her last grip on reality.

"Breathe."

Buffy screamed her release as wave after wave of pleasure ripped through her body. He was so close, her silken walls rippled around him and her hot juices bathed his cock, making it all the more easy to thrust in and out of her. He then felt a sensation he hadn't felt since before the chip and his days with Dru.

'She's biting me, hell and damnation!'

The soft skin at his neck tore at the urging of her blunt teeth, and a few precious drops of blood were swept away by her tongue. She sucked gently, drawing out a tiny trickle of the warm coppery fluid. He shifted and bent his head to his mark. Not Angel's, Not Drac's but HIS. She was his mate and he was hers. Then with the utmost care he gently slid his own fangs into her neck. Careful not to take too much

Buffy's body clamped tight at this act, bringing her to yet another set of explosive orgasms. They both rode it out, licking and caressing, until the sensations began to change from pleasure to pain. When he pulled out of her to lay at her side, the look on her face made him quiver. She stared into his eyes with love and complete possession shining through she then licked the blood from her lips.

"Mine" she said looking at him with unshed tears

"You are mine William. I claim you as my mate. You belong to me as I do to you...forever."

She pulled him close laying a soft kiss on his lips before she continued with her declaration

"My Vampire, my friend, my lover...MY mate" the last was said in nothing but a mere whisper.

Spike knew that even though they had been together for months and even declared their love for one another that this was a very big deal. She had let him claim her almost after the first month after leaving Sunnydale but today was the first time she returned the claim.

The joy and arousal that infused his system made his need to be with her again all the more powerful. He once again slide back into her slick heat and they once again began to make love...

*--------------------*

(Angel Investigations -- later that day)

Angel sat in his office brooding in the low light staring at a worn picture of one Buffy Summers. He was one of the first to discover that the Slayer was no longer in Sunnydale. Word traveled fast in the underground, especially good word like a Hellmouth not being guarded.

He was again waiting for news on his lost beloved. Whistler, a demon who worked for the Powers was suppose to call him with news. The Slayer was needed back on the Hellmouth, things were getting worse and the Scoobs could only do so much without a full time guardian. The AI team helped out when they could but it wasn't enough.

The shrill of the phone ripped him from his musings. Putting down the picture he then picked up the phone hoping that this would be the call that would lead him back to his Buffy.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 3
That was Then, THis is Now by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 4/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 4 -- That was Then, This is Now

*--------------------*

Buffy snuggled up against her vampire after their last round of lovemaking. Her head lay on his chest above where his heart should beat. Instead of the steady rhythm of a heart beat, she hears the soft sound of purring. The sound brings a small smile to the tiny blonde's face. Though her lover doesn't breath she can tell he has fallen into a deep sleep. Listening to the soft purring that fills the room and the occasional sirens and cars passing by outside, Buffy remembered the first time she heard such a sound and the joy that she felt in knowing she created.

Buffy's POV

// We left Sunnydale nearly a month ago. Since neither of us really knew where we wanted to go and we weren't in any rush to get there, we headed north. Our first stop was Lancaster; we just about flew through L.A. We didn't even stay in Lancaster that long either. Spike said something about the people being 'complete wankers' I just shook my head at that. I never really understood Spike's speech patterns anyway.

After Lancaster we really didn't stop for any length of time until we hit Sacramento. I'd never been really anywhere before. So after about a week, Spike suggested we head east. In my head I always thought how much I'd like to see New York and the snow, so with that we were eventually on our way again.

Our first stop was in Nevada, Virginia city. I was tempted ask why we just didn't go to Carson instead but I decided against it. We were both tired and the sun was about to rise. So we decided to pull into a motel. Something like the 'Stars Inn', I wasn't paying attention.

Spike got us a room...one bed, I wasn't about to complain. We had been sharing just about everything for almost the past month. Both of us had our one bag slung over our shoulders, I stood behind him as he had a short battle tying to get the key card to work.

He stepped to the side letting me pass before following me inside and closing the door firmly behind him. The room was pretty simple.

When you first walked in, on your right was the closet and to the left was the bathroom. The bathroom itself was nice; there was a large tub big enough for two. The bathroom was decorated in soft mossy greens and warm crème colors. The room had one queen sized bed, nightstands on either side, a lamp on both sides. On the opposite wall there was a large chest and when opened, a large television set could be seen. In the far corner there was a small round table, two chairs placed around it and a phone sat on top. The room was decorated in soft earthy tones.

We both notice the sorry excuse for curtains on the windows. Back in Lancaster we realized this might be a problem, so we bought some black fabric to put up over window as such. Spike then goes into my bag and takes out the fabric covering up the windows and blocking out the sun's harmful rays.

Over the past few weeks my appearance have gone under some minor changes. Since my traveling companion has a slight sun aversion my skin has paled slightly. Spike commented on it and decided that I need to get out into the sun more often. Other than that I really haven't change that much. Spike himself has decided to nix the slicked back look. His hair now is in a mess of curls or unruly spikes. Otherwise we're both the same ole Buffy and Spike.

After we left Sunnydale Spike and I became a lot closer. There would be frequent touching, we would both find reasons/excuses to touch one another. Somehow he always found a new way to surprise me or make me laugh. Not being around Sunnydale and the constant pressure of my duty as a Slayer let me see a side of Spike I didn't even know was there.

After about a week we had our first real kiss, it was nothing overly so. It was sweet and nice and really left me wanting. Of course after that there was much kissing and semi-naughty touching. Every chance he got Spike was reminding me how much he loved me and I always replied in kind. I couldn't deny it anymore. I loved him and he loved me.

Though we loved each other and the extremely hot makeout sessions, we never went past major kissage and semi-naughty touching I'm starting to get antsy. I also know I'm not the only one. Today will be the day. I want him and I will have him.

After I take a nap...//

I'm pulled from my soon to be very good memory by the melody of Spike's cell phone. Even though we've been in New York for awhile now, Spike decided that it would be better to have only a mobile phone than to have an actually phone line. We both know the gang in Sunnydale and Angel's crew are looking for us.

News like a missing Slayer and a childer to a master like Angelus moves fast. Nobody who knows where we are will tell because the only people who know are a few demons. Both Spike and I are not exactly friendly to those who cross us.

I can't help the worry that fills me. About a week back an old friend of Merrick's found Spike and I in a pub in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. As soon as Spike saw the place he just had to go in for the hell of it.

'The Wicked Monk' was its name. It was dark, loud and filled with various alcoholic beverages, basically a great place to be if you're a bleached blonde vampire. Anyway Merrick's friend who went by the name Raz, he found us and told us he heard about the Initiative's down fall and he also knew about Spike's chip. Raz claimed to know of a man that could help us with that problem.

That's probably who Spike is on the phone with now. The doctor is a specialist, known for working with demons. So the needs to have Spike in a non sunlit room and lots of blood on hand would not be an odd request. In the demon world she's known as Ruby why I don't know but her actually name is Sam Stacker.

Spike just hung up and threw the phone on the bedside table. He rolls back over and pulls me back against his chest. I feel his lips brush the back of my neck as he nuzzles his face there.

"Go back to sleep princess" he mumbles into my skin. I sigh and snuggle back into his embrace before I begin to remember again.

// As I begin to come out from under the cover of sleep I realize two things, one I practically slept the day away and second a hard cool body was pressed up against my back. Spikes hand was rubbing soothing circles on my tummy just under my shirt. I placed my hand of his to still his movements.

I twist a bit towards him leaning up for a kiss. At the first brush of his mouth, I nearly melt against him. Soon my hands are in his hair, lacing through his soft curls. Then his tongue slides across my bottom lip, I moan opening up for him instantly. His tongue glides in between my parted lips, thoroughly exploring the confines of my mouth before drawing mine into battle.

Spike growls deep in his throat and crushes me against him. His scent and taste filled my senses. I am so hot and I know only he can cool the fires that burn within me. I moan in distress when he breaks the kiss.

He doesn't disappoint, soon I gasp in surprise when my shirt is pulled over my head in one quick movement, exposing myself to his eyes. For a moment all he does is stare, taking all that I am in. I feel my breath quicken and my breast tighten under his blatant perusal.

He then slides down my body running his fingers over my abdomen, making me shiver as he goes. I close my eyes trying to concentrate on the feelings he is creating. Everywhere he touches tingles with an icy fire.

My breath hitched has I felt his tongue circle one hardened nipple, his finger teasing the other. His other hand slid inside, pushing past the lace of my panties to slide one finger deep inside. My hips jerk in reaction, grinding my hips against his finger eventually joined by a second, pumped inside of me. His thumb began to tease my clit, sending little shocks of pleasure throughout my body. His lips moved to my other nipple as another finger pushed inside, spreading me open further.
I cried out as I crashed violently over the edge, my body sagging against his as I came down form my peak. He drew at my climax as long as he could, finally when I was nothing but a mass of nerves he crawled up my body and kissed me softly letting me taste myself on his tongue.
After only a moment or so Spike had me on my stomach pulling me up onto my hand and knees. He then draped himself over me, nuzzling his face into my neck. I was becoming extremely aroused once again, I could feel his cock pulsing up against my ass.
Spike growled as he smelled my arousal, squeezing one of my breast non-too gently. He continued to caress and fondle my breast as his other hand began to slide down to my core. I moan pressing my head against the head board, arching into his touch.
"Please" I beg in a breathless plea
I felt Spike harden even more, if possible. He mumble something about me begging being the sweetest sound he'd ever heard so he continued to tease me. My legs were pressed tightly together knowing that if I loosened them the evidence of my desire would be sliding down my legs. His fingers continued to tease and anytime I try to direct as to where I wanted him, he'd pull back so I stopped trying.
Spike kisses my neck and began to suck and lick on my pulse point as his other hand dropped to rub my clit. He then slid two fingers inside and began to whisper softly into my ear.
"Come on baby, Come for me Buffy...you're so close."


The words fell from my lips with ease. My words became to much for her and she cried out in pleasure. I then bit down with my blunt teeth holding her in my arms as she trembled with release. Wrapping an arm around her waist, I pulled her back against me. Then blanketing her body with my own. She places her hands on top the headboard for purchase and with one thrust I'm buried to the hilt.
I growl deep in my throat, the feel of her tight silken walls rippling around me was so much I had to hold still to keep from coming right there. After a moment or so the beautiful blonde beneath me became impatient and began to push back, moan and look back at me. This causing another growl to make it's way from my throat, I grab her hair and force her to face forward.
Leaving one hand threaded through her hair my other hand rest on her hip and I begin to move. I slowly pull out before slamming back into her. Not too long after she moved with me, silently begging for more. I lean over to kiss her neck where it's slightly bruised from my bite earlier.
All to soon it becomes too much and I begin a pounding rhythm. Pulling all the way out before slamming all the way back in again. I then slip a hand around and start to roll her clit between her fingers. Soon she falling over the edge again. As gently as I can I sink my fangs into her neck. Making her mine, covering Angel's and Drac's mark making her my own. She belongs to me now. My Slayer, my friend, my lover, my mate and I tell her so.
She looks at me with unshed tears in her eyes. I know that she can't return the claim, not yet anyway. It doesn't matter to me though, I know that she loves me and I love her, that's all that matters. I pull her into my arms, with her head pillowed on my chest and I begin to purr. For the first time in my long life I feel content and happy and I know I never want to loose this feeling...//

As the last of the memory fades Buffy turns in her mates arms and begins to wake him in the most delightful of ways.

*--------------------*
Angel sits in his darkened office thinking of the one girl that taught him how to feel and live again. He knew he had to find her, get her away as far away form Spike as possible. The shrill of his telephone rips him from his thoughts on how he can torture his childer and on different ways of bringing Buffy home.
"Hello, Whistler?"
"Hey kid, I got some information that I think I might interest you. The word on the street is that there is some new people to hit the New York scene. Possible the Slayer and William the Bloody. Nobody knows for sure, all anyone knows is that if you cross them you end up dead. What I did find out however is a lot more solid than any demon gossip..."
Angel patients was running thin. "Look Whis, not really needing back story here just get to the point."
"Damn Ang, just like that little Slayer, always in such a rush. Alright I'm sure you know about Spike's chip" At Angel sound of agreement Whistler continued. "Anyway it seems he might have found a doctor who is willing to take it out. For the right price of course. The doc is well known in the demon world, goes by the name Ruby. Look it was rumored that Spike was seeking her services. I don't know anything for sure yet but I was able to get an address. I'll keep looking for ya."
Angel's heart soared, he might just find her and be able to convince her to come home with him. After Whistler gave him the address Angel made plans to head to New York as soon as possible. He also made a few calls to Sunnydale letting them know he had a lead. Hopefully he would be able to bring her home and maybe stake his pest of childe in the process.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 4
Lost Slayer, Lost Love by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 5/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

Chapter 5 -- Lost Slayer, Lost Love

*--------------------*

In the low light of the once training space of a slayer in the 'Magic Box', Rupert Giles finally allowed himself to let the tears fall. It's already been 3 months since his Slayer's disappearance and if the rumors are true, then she is also with that bleached pest. All he kept thinking was how he should've had Buffy stake him long ago.

Dawn...the girl's name makes his heart break all over again. From what Buffy told everyone Dawn went and sacrificed herself in order to close the portal. Later on after the gang left except for Spike who was hiding out in the basement at the time, he learned that Buffy was going to jump herself that is until her own sister stopped her.

Then his poor Slayer broke down in tears but just as soon as the tears came they were gone. He knew that she was trying to be strong and deal with things her own way. The next day he put in the call to the council that the threat of Glorificus was no more and soon he was on a plan to London not 2 hours later, Xander, Willow and their significant others also decided to take sometime for themselves; leaving his Slayer on her own and a chipped vampire as her only company. Now that he looks back on it, leaving her alone with had to be the worst idea ever.

//It was almost 4 days later from the day his Slayer and Spike left that Giles and the gang realized something might be wrong. The first clue was that when anyone called there was no answer. Another was the 'Sold' sign on the front lawn of the Summers home. Xander was walking up to the house when he saw that it looked deserted and the 'Sold' sign out front. He turned and ran straight toward the 'Magic Box'

15 minutes later the distress boy busted through the doors of the shop startling a few customers and drawing the attention of a Watcher, ex-demon and one Wicca. Breathing heavily he was able to gasp out one word before staggering towards the table and dropping into a seat...

"Buffy"//

Giles was pulled from his thoughts because of a loud crash outside and then a string of curses form Anya. Shaking his head he sat down heavily on the couch and couldn't help continuing think of his lost slayer...

*--------------------*

Angel was walking around his basement apartment trying to figure out what to take with him to New York. He already packed a few choice weapons along with a few books. All he had left to do was to check up a few cases and pack some clothes and he would be on his way.

It was the first time in a long while when he felt such joy and rage at the same time. He felt over run with joy because he soon would be reunited with his beloved and as soon as he had her she would never leave his side. She was marked and she was his. There was no other who would dare challenge his claim or so he thought.

Oh he knew Dracula had taste but his Buffy basically dusted Drac's ass and he left the Hellmouth without so much as a goodbye. So to his knowledge she was his and it would always be that way. Again he was not worried about his childe because he had the chip incased in his head. What he didn't know was that if he didn't intend to really hurt Spike was able to inflict some damage, like to mark a certain slayer as his mate.

Angel knowing none of this continued to prepare for his trip to New York and to reclaim his lost love.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 5
The Big Bad is Back by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 6/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 6 -- The Big Bad is Back

*--------------------*

Scared. Frightened. Terrified.

These were all the things that Buffy Summers was feeling at the moment. She couldn't help the feeling of nausea that came over her as she watched Ruby cut into her mate's skull.

About a half an hour after sunset, she and her mate climbed into the black Mustang and made their way out of the semi-suburban streets of Bay Ridge and into the nightlife of Manhattan. As Buffy drove over the Brooklyn Bridge, she tried to concentrate on the road in front of her. She knew that she had to be strong for Spike as well as herself. When she had let him claim her she had promised to standby him no matter what. So if Spike wanted to have his skull cut opened to have that ridiculous chip removed than she would be there, right by his side.

Buffy tried not to think about anything in particular because if she did, she knew that she'd turn the car around, screw Spike and his desire 'to be able to play with the other puppies' as he said. Deep down though, Buffy knew she could never deny her love anything. Just as he could never deny her.

Spike gripped her hand nearly breaking a few bones in the process. Buffy knew that he was trying to be strong for her. The entire week before she tried to convince him there had to be another way or that he really didn't need to get the chip out. Oh he knew it wasn't because she was afraid he'd hurt her, it was a fear for his own safety.

In just a few short months, they'd both became each other’s world. Looking into those hazel eyes of hers, he knew that she wouldn't survive long without him. Though he knew he'd be the same if he lost her. Some might consider it not the best of relationships but to them it was just...perfect.

Spike had been obsessesed with the Slayer long before he knew he was in love with her. She had been the same way. Though at the time he had Dru and she had Angel. Both of their worlds revolved around the two brunette vampires then. Now things were different, they were as they should be.

It was one night before Angel went bad, before Acathla, before their unholy alliance did the first seeds of their true relationship begin to blossom.

//Buffy was on patrol that night; she just had a bit of an argument with Angel. Figuring she could blow off some steam at one of the local demon haunts, she began to prowl the back alleys near the Bronze. Hearing a short lived scream, she instantly ran off in the direction from which it came.

As she rounded the corner she came face to face with the bleached vampire who had been on her mind since 'Parent Teacher Night'.

Spike looked up as he let the girl drop in an ungraceful heap at his feet. He smiled around his fangs, still warm rivulets of blood dripped down his fangs.

"Slayer" he greeted her casually

"Spike" replied just casually

She watched as he stepped out of the shadows and into the light. He looked just as dangerous and delicious as always. Dressed in his usually black jeans and black shirt, topped with red silk shirt and leather duster. His sharp cheekbones and piercing blue eyes only added to the picture of pure raw power and danger he presented.

"So whatcha doin' out at this time of night, Slayer. You know the boogieman might decide to come out and eat you up"

Deciding to ignore the slight jab, she was curious as to what he was doing out anyway. He rarely left Dru alone for long. It was well know in the Watcher Diaries and in the Underworld of his devotion to his sire and paramour.

"What are *you* doing out here Spike, shouldn't you be with your precious Drusilla" she said the vampire’s name in a sing-song voice.

Clenching and unclenching his jaw, he tried to gain some semblance of control. Even though Dru had infuriated him earlier with the talk of her Daddy's possible return home, he never did take kindly to talk about his dark princess in such a manner.

"Shut it, Slayer. Where is Peaches anyway? Shouldn't you be hanging and panting over him like some common whore" the last word came out a lot harsher than the rest. With that last little comment Buffy threw herself at the bleached vampire.

She came out fist flying and he returned in kind. The entire act was primal and brutal, and absolutely beautiful. Two of the best warriors to ever walk locked in a heated battle under the night sky. Somehow during the fight they made it inside to one of the abandoned warehouses.

Suddenly Spike caught Buffy unaware and sliced the right side of her cheek open...first blood. After that there was no holding back eventually Buffy got in a good hit and re-opened the scar above Spike's left eye. Then just as suddenly they stopped.

Both were breathing heavily, though one of them didn't need to. Spike raised his eyes to meet hers and what he saw there was what made him do what he did next. Slowly he walked toward her, taking his time in doing so. When he finally came toe to toe with her, he tilted her face to the side. Buffy soon felt Spike's tongue softly lap up the blood that had welled up in the wound. Eventually he pulled back and she turned to face him.

First Buffy had no idea why Spike wasn't dust for doing what he just did. She also has no idea why she did what she did next. Spike's eyes fluttered closed as she raised a small hand to trace his ridged brow. Still in game face, Buffy pulled his forehead down and began to softly lick the blood from his brow.

Finally when she pulled back, what she saw in his eyes was enough to make her run...and run she did. Buffy slowly backed away and then ran off into the night.

Spike just stood there for a moment, not really sure as to what happened but knew it was something big with a small smile firmly in place he sauntered back out into the night.

Both knew that in some beautiful yet sadistic way that they had claimed the other that night. What happened between them would never be forgotten but it would not be remembered either.//

Now as she held her mate's hand she knew that night was meant to happen and every night after that. She had to have her one experience with Angel and to have the result be Angelus coming forth. She had to have that alliance with Spike. Everything that had ever happened had led up to the moment she and Spike came together.

As Ruby looked up a popping sound could be heard. "It's out" she said as she dropped the piece of metal and plastic into a metal dish.

"You got it all?" Buffy asked a little concerned for her mate who was a bit more pale than usual.

"Yes, all of it's out. He'll heal just fine with his abilities. We just have to make sure he has enough fresh blood and he'll be as good as new"

At this Buffy smiled down at Spike and he smiled back. Ruby went to work of placing the piece bone that had to be cut back into place and folding over the piece of skin.

About 4 hours later Buffy and Spike walked out into the night. They decided to take a walk down near the water. Still not sure if he was a hundred percent, Spike begged Buffy to let him try it out. She was about to say no when they saw a teenage girl was being followed by a ragged looking man.

Fifteen minutes later the young girl met up with her friends, the two blonde's headed back to Brooklyn and the suspicious looking man lay dead in an unholy heap behind a dumpster. Where even the rats wouldn't touch him with two little holes in his neck with the last of his blood leaking out of him.

*--------------------*

End of Chapter 6
Daddy's Home by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 7/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 7 -- Daddy's Home

*--------------------*

Angel looked out the window and was greeted by the sight of a few apartment buildings and pedestrians walking along in the early evening. As soon as his plane touched down Whistler met him at the gate and the two hopped into a cab headed for Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

There had been many sightings that placed the 'Angel of Death' and 'William the Bloody' in the area. It seemed that his sweet Buffy and his wild childe had made a name for themselves in the demon world. In just the few months since they left Sunnydale many in the Vampiric Hierarchy grew to fear the deadly duo. Let alone other various demon communities.

Spike himself was a master in his own right but Buffy...Buffy was an entirely different story. Never in history had a Slayer allied herself with a vampire. Of course Buffy had to go and be different and join forces with two of them. The golden haired Slayer was a human, the very first to have the Vampiric world at her finger tips.

Though all this information meant nothing to Angel. What concerned him were the rumors that *his* childe had challenged *his* claim on the Slayer. If the rumors were true...well he tried not to think about it. He knew that if Spike really did challenge his claim there would be a battle...and more than likely it would be to dust.

*--------------------*

Spike leaned back onto the bed pulling an exhausted Buffy down next to him. Both were tired from the night's earlier events. He still couldn't believe that Buffy let him feed from that man, let alone kill him. God it felt good to have the taste of fresh blood on his tongue once more. Not that his sweet Slayer didn't let him have a taste, but it just wasn't the same. When he felt the man's body become limp and cooler by the minute in his arms, the feeling was almost euphoric.

On the way back home they both discussed the changes that would come with Spike being able to hurt humans again. Buffy instantly reassured him that she was his mate and that she would never leave him but she also wasn't sure she would be able to deal with him killing him again.

Spike knew he'd do anything to keep his princess by his side. So right then and there he told her that yes he'd hunt but he wouldn't kill his prey. The only time he'd consider killing were in cases like the one tonight. Buffy's eyes brightened and she pressed a soft kiss to his lips before continuing on their way home.

So here he was with his mate by his side, in his bed and the fact that he was no longer helpless was a plus. What more could a vampire ask for. Suddenly Buffy snuggled deeper into the embrace and began to nuzzle her face into his chest. Smiling softly he kissed her crown never noticing the brown eyes that had soon become a saffron gold.

Just before the shadow with eyes of gold sauntered back out into the night, the faintest whisper could be heard.

"Daddy's home"

*--------------------*

End of Chapter 7
Face Off by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 8/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 8 -- Face Off

*--------------------*

He snarled viciously at the thought of his mate in the arms of that...that...that thing! How dare he take what belonged to him, well he would learn soon enough! She let him do it too. A Slayer, The Slayer willingly lay in the arms of that monster. Though he lay none of the blame on his sweet girl. He knew that she was beyond thought with the loss of her sister and mother in such a short period of time.

'I wasn't there for her and he was. He was the only there for her to turn to. It's all my fault' were the thoughts that kept running through his head. From that point on Angel promised himself that once she was back in his arms he was never letting her go again.

There were still an hour or two to sunrise and New York always had a demon or two to knock around. With that Angel picked up his duster, left the room and stalked back out into the night.

All the while Whistle sat in the shadows and listened to his friend's rant. He couldn't help the lone tear that slipped down his face. How do you tell the only friend you've ever had that he can't have what he desired most. Angel lost his chance with Buffy long ago. The day he walked away from the golden haired beauty and slipped into the fog was the day he re-wrote destiny.

*--------------------*

Spike awoke to the feeling of a warm body draped over his and the scent of vanilla and strawberry filled his senses. He glanced over at the clock, the harsh glowing red numbers read 12:02. Though he already could tell that the sun was high in the sky, sunset was still a few hours off.

As he looked down at his mate he knew he had never seen a more beautiful sight. Even his once precious Drusilla couldn't hold a candle to his Buffy.

Drusilla. She was apart of his past, a past both he and Buffy would love to forget. Though both knew that they would never really forget the past. They would just move on from it. Buffy was asleep when he showed up otherwise she would've felt him too. His damn grandsire had finally found them and if he let him, he'd probably end up taking away Buffy just like he had done with Dru.

"Stop it!" came a muffled command

Only slightly startled he responded. "Stop what?"

Buffy raised her eyes to meet his. "Stop whatever it is your thinking" After a brief pause she continued. "I felt him last night also" she felt him tense at this but she still continued.

"I am not Drusilla"

Taking his face in her hands she tilted her face up to kiss him softly. Her hands then slipped into his hair as she deepened the kiss. She ran her tongue over his lips, begging for entrance which of course he granted. When oxygen became an issue she pulled back but made no move from the embrace. She whispered softly against his lips "I love you, I belong to you"

With that she tilted her head to the side exposing her mark. He knew that this was more for him than her but at the moment he didn't care. He pressed a chaste kissed to her lips and began to place soft open-mouthed kisses on her face. He soon began a trail down the column of her throat. Finally reaching his mark, he gently slid his fangs into her throat.

Soon the warm coppery liquid began to fill his mouth. For Buffy the gentle prick of his fangs and the dull pain all too soon became nothing but pure pleasure. Just before she fell into a state of euphoria her last coherent thoughts were.
'My mate, I am meant to be by his side and I really don't want it any other way'

Spike only took a few gentle pulls of his beloved's blood, not wanting to hurt her he carefully extracted his fangs and began to lick lovingly at the wound until it closed. Pulling his woman into his embrace they both fell into a peaceful slumber.

When they would once again wake; the sky would be dark, the moon would be full and the demons roam the night.

*--------------------*

Angel knew that Whistler was keeping something from him he just didn't know what. The dark-haired vampire was seated by the bar in the club known as ECKO. It was not the type of place you'd normally find him in but Buffy and Spike were regulars. So he knew that he'd probably catch them and possible end all this tonight. First he would beat the crap out of Spike then Buffy would throw herself into his arms, they then would re-declare their undying love for one another and all would be right with the world...or so he thought.

It was still early, about seven-thirty...the two blondes probably wouldn't be arriving for another half an hour. So he just sat off to the side observing all in the club.

He smelt them before he saw them, vanilla and honey filled his senses followed by cigarettes and old leather. Though he loathed to admit it, they looked beautiful together. They both were raw power hidden by their, beauty and grace. Buffy with her expressive moss-green eyes and soft curves, Spike with his piercing blue eyes and strong cheekbones.

Angel mentally scolded himself. He was here to beat the crap out of Spike and bring Buffy home. He spotted them at the opposite end of the club talking with a couple of Aurorian demons. Angel would've never believed it if he hadn't seen it himself. Buffy was not only speaking civilly with demons, she was laughing with them.

Finally Angel had seen enough, he got up and stalked over to the pair his chocolate brown eyes almost a midnight black. Spike anticipated the blow long before it came. So when Angel went to deliver a punch to Spike's jaw while pulling Buffy out of the way, the end result was Angel lying on the floor with Buffy and Spike standing over him with fire in their eyes.

"Buffy"

That one word brought so many emotions surfaced. Angel looked up into her eyes and didn't see what he expected to see there. There was no longing, passion or even love that used to be there when she looked at him. Now all he saw was confusion and defiance.

"Angel"

He didn't fail to notice she no longer said his name as if it were a prayer. The confusion in her eyes faded away and all that was left was defiance. "What are you doing here?"

Somewhat stunned by her not so warm greeting, he struggled to his feet. "Buffy I've come to take you home"

At this both her and Spike broke down into a fit of laughter. Angel looks on just as confused as ever.

"Buffy, what the hell is going on?" he began to shout, this was not how things were suppose to go.

Spike had finally had enough. He'd been quite the entire time. There was no way in hell he was going to let Angel take what was rightfully his. Spike went after Angel, the entire fight was nothing but fists and fangs. Eventually Spike got the upper hand and sent a kick into Angel's midsection which had him flying across the room.

Most of the club's inhabitants had left if they were smart or they stayed to watch the show, all hoping for some blood.

"Come on Peaches, just try and take her from me" he sneered at his grandsire, blood dripping from his split lip fangs gleaming in the low lights

Angel knew that his childe wasn't going to give up without a fight and as much as he didn't want to dust Spike, he would if it meant Buffy would be in his arms once more. Buffy just stood to the side, she knew that this was one battle where she could not interfere. If Spike was to keep her from Angel he had to earn the right himself.

A few more blows were exchanged just before Spike delivered a spin kick to Angel temple. The ensouled vampire hit the ground hard and fast. Spike stared at the still form of his grandsire for a moment before he walked over and grabbed his mate before exiting the club.

Just before exiting the club the two blondes turned back for one last look at the prone figure on the floor. Spike left his sire with these parting words.

"The Slayer is mine, come for her again...and I'll kill you"

*--------------------*

End of Chapter 8
Moving On by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 9/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 9 -- Moving On

*--------------------*

As Angel laid stunned on the floor the only thoughts running through his mind was that he needed to call Sunnydale and get in touch with Whistler…and fast!


Just outside an irate vampire was practically dragging his mate from the area. Spike was completely blinded by rage; he couldn’t believe Angel had the balls to do what he did.

‘I mean for gods’ sake, who does he think he is? He can’t just come in there and try to take my mate from me. She’s MINE’ his demon roared with anger and rage at the thought.

All he knew was that now that the chip was out and Angel all of the do-gooders of Sunnyhell had finally tracked them down; there was only one thing left to do and that was to get the hell out of New York. Tonight

Buffy was struggling to keep up with her mate but she didn’t dare say a word about the pace they were keeping. Over the months she and her lover had been together she had learned a lot about slayer and vampire lore.

Some nights after hours of indulging in the pleasures of the one another’s body; they would lay awake while he would teach her the ways of a vampire clan. That’s how she learned about being marked and mated to someone. She couldn’t believe Angel had marked her and then just abandoned her.

Spike explained how even though he would treat her as his equal, the reality of it was that she was HIS and she was also the female, making him the more dominant of the two. Buffy wasn’t to sure how she felt about that at first but eventually she warmed to the idea.

While in Sunnydale and in all of her relationships; she always had to be strong, she could never just be Buffy and let another take over that was until her sweet William. The first time she called him that he was surprised to say the least and of course the threat that if she ever called him that in public soon followed.

There were times when he would even call her Elizabeth or Lizzy, something of that nature and of course she returned the same threat. Seeing Angel again was nothing like what she thought it would be; there was no pain or heartbreak just a twinge in heart that she knew would always be there.

Finally taking notice of her surroundings she realized Spike was taking them home. Though she could only guess what he wanted to do next, seeing Angel again could only have furthered his hatred for his Sire and intensified his insecurities.

“William” she called to him softly, this finally pulled him from this red haze he had found himself in from the moment he set eyes on his Sire.

He stopped abruptly and turned slowly to face her, not entirely sure he wanted to hear what she had to say. Finally meeting her eyes, she could see all the pain, insecurity and fear. The fear she saw there chilled her to the bone, Buffy couldn’t believe that after all this time he was still afraid that she’d leave him.

Taking a step closer to him she framed his face with her small hand and leaned in to kiss him softly. Her lips lingered for a moment before pulling back to look into his eyes once more.

“I’ll never leave you; I will follow you wherever you go. I am yours William” she smiled softly at him as she saw the corners of his lips turn upwards.

“Come on Baby, we gotta go” he said as he pulled her off into the night

*--------------------*

Giles pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to make out the broken rant of the brooding vampire at the other end of the phone. Everyone had been gathered at the Magic Box; waiting for the call form Angel, the AI team included.

The Hellmouth was starting to become pretty hairy without a Slayer around to scare the big beasties away. “Angel, please I beg you. Slow down and start from the beginning. I literally didn’t catch any of that”

Giles sat quietly as he listened to Angel start from the beginning and was shocked to hear the story that was told to him. His face reflected his emotions and it just put the room’s inhabitants even more on edge.

It had been months since anyone had seen Buffy, let alone heard from her. They all blamed themselves in some way. Xander blamed himself because he completely closed Anya and himself off when his best friend needed him the most.

Willow took her share of the blame because not only did she shut her best friend out she left town. It was as if she didn’t really care. Finally Giles beat himself up the most, he believed that he should’ve known the amount of pain his Slayer was in and the Council business could have waited until a later date.

Each Scoobie took the blame in some way and they all blamed the bleached vampire whom they believed was the master mind behind it all.

“Alright, thank you Angel and please keep us updated”

Xander was first to break the tense filled silence. “So did he find them, did he dust Spike’s sorry ass…come on details, is our Slayer extraordinaire coming home”

Giles wasn’t exactly sure how to answer the boy or anyone else in the room. He took a breath about to impart the less than stellar news just as Fred interrupted.

“He didn’t find her did he?”

“Well he found her, it’s just she didn’t want to be found”

Willow scrunched her brow in confusion. “What exactly do you mean didn’t want to be found. Why on earth would Buffy wanna stay with Spike, last I checked she wasn’t in the ‘Yay! Spike parade’”

“It seems much has changed in the past few months and Buffy is no exception. She stood on the sidelines as Spike basically beat the crap out of Angel. Angel knows Spike’s strength and well he was considerably stronger than last they fought…”

“There’s something you’re not telling us” Cordelia spoke softly

“The only explanation Angel could come up with was that Spike had to feeding off of Buffy…He also said that their combined scents were integrated, they were literally part of one another. My guess would be they haven’t been apart for more than an hour or so in the past few months”

“So what exactly are you saying G-man”

“Don’t call me that Xander and what I am saying is that it’s going to be a lot harder to separate those two than we thought”

“A lot harder”


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 9
Betrayed by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 10/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 10 -- Betrayed

*--------------------*

After Giles shocking announcement a heavy silence settled upon the room. None truly believed that the Slayer they knew; their Buffy would willingly stay with Spike. All were too lost in their own thoughts and private worlds to notice anything or anyone else. Even the members of the AI team seemed a bit struck by the Slayer’s decision.

Xander had picked himself up and walked into the training room in the back to be alone; even Anya’s presence was un-welcomed. He just couldn’t believe it, Buffy actually wanted to stay with that blood sucking fiend.

The Zeppo absently hit the Everlast bag before trudging over to the couch off to the side and flopping down onto it. Before Buffy he really had no purpose in this world and he knew it. The day the golden haired Slayer walked into his life, was the day it gained meaning.

His parents were worthless lay about drunks and Xander wanted desperately to turn out to be nothing like them. Though school was never his strong point he was determined to make something of himself. Buffy showed him that if he really wanted something, he could get it.

‘It’s a spell; it has to be a spell. My Buffy would never willing stay with Spike. God he’s worse than Angel…No! It has to be some type of magical enchantment. SHE’S POSSESSED! That’s it she’s possessed by some evil, demony spirit…Yeah, that’s gotta be it, we’ll just figure out a way to reverse it and she’ll be home soon. Soon Buffy will be home again…where she belongs’

Those were Xander’s last thoughts before Anya came bouncing into the room and chattering on about something having to do with Buffy and Spike and how they’re probably lovers. At that moment Xander really wanted to inform his girlfriend of tact.

Willow was fairing no better; she had somehow wandered up to the balcony that overlooks the store. So it was just a sad Wicca and the restricted section of magical text. Normally to be up there and not have Giles telling her to come down immediately would’ve been a real pleasure but at the moment all the red head could do was blame herself for the current situation.

On some level they all knew the pain that the Slayer must have been going through. Buffy had lost her mother only a few weeks before and then to loose her sister right after, it just had to have practically destroyed her. Though they were all to wrapped up in their own misery to even notice their friend’s downward spiral.

‘God, how could I have been so stupid? I just took off with Tara when my best friend needed me most and Spike…well he fooled us didn’t he? I could dust him right now! He was really starting to prove himself to me…then to move in on Buffy like that, when she was so vulnerable. Arrgghh, when if I ever see him again, he’ll be ash in the wind before he knows what hit him’

As Willow continued her internally rant about the bleached vampire down below just underneath the steps stood Giles, completely lost in thought. In his heart he believed that it was he who had failed his Slayer the most. Even though the others went their separate ways for awhile; he was her Watcher, he should’ve known that she was too fragile to leave in the care of the chipped vampire.

There was the Drusilla debacle but other than that, Spike had really begun to prove himself as a worthy member of their little unit. He still remembers the day Xander came barreling into the Magic Box inhaling rapidly to get air back into his lungs all the while informing him of Buffy’s disappearance.

After the initial panic, everyone’s first instinct was to head to Spike’s crypt. They’d all been away and she and Spike probably spent all that time with one another. So Willow, Xander and himself headed off to Spike’s while Tara and Anya stayed behind.

It was eerily quiet but they paid it no mind. The sun had just set only an hour before and it was a grave yard after all. There was no reason for Spike to be up so early or late depending on how you looked at it.

They searched the entire tomb, from top to bottom and found nothing. The only items left in the place were a ratty old chair, a shabby looking bed and a busted television. Having no luck there, they hoped to find something, anything at the old Summer’s home. So the trio headed over to 1630 Revello Drive and was greeted with the same results.


‘That day was the scariest of my life. There was nothing left; every room we searched was absolutely empty’

He remembered finally wandering into the kitchen and finding an envelope with the words WATCHER in a strong bold, almost Elizabethan script. Knowing it was not his Slayer’s hand writing, he opened the envelope with a trembling hand.

Watcher,

If you’ve found this then you know by now that the Slayer is gone. When I say gone I don’t mean dead, she wanted to leave and she wanted me to go with her.

Whether you lot believe it or not, I’m in love with her and I won’t deny her anything. Since all of you decided to take a ‘vacation’, I’m all she’s got.

Don’t bother trying to find us, because you won’t. The Slayer doesn’t even know that I left this for you. If she did, she’d probably stake me.

I did this for your piece of mind. I do know that you care for her and would worry.

Well that’s that then.

Be seeing you,

Spike

Giles pulled the folded up piece of paper out of his pocket and stared at it. He just didn’t know what to feel. Spike had been right; they just did leave her and to her own devices and Spike was the only one she could turn to.

Then there was the little voice in the back of his head that kept reminding him that Spike was nothing but a soulless monster and wasn’t to be trusted. As the Watcher continued to mull over his feelings the blonde Wicca stared out the front window of The Magic Box.

Tara didn’t really know what to feel about the situation. She’d only known Buffy for a short time and Spike even less. Though what she really didn’t understand what the big deal was. It was easy to see that Buffy was in love with the vampire. She just hoped that wherever they were that they were happy.


*--------------------*


Outside Cordelia was fuming, she couldn’t believe ‘Little Miss Save the World’ was at it again. She and Angel were on the verge of a ‘thing’ and ‘Little Miss Buffy’ just had to go and fuck it up!

‘It’s always about Buffy…Buffy, Buffy, BUFFY! I swear that girl just pisses me off sometimes. Who am I kidding; she makes me wanna rip her head off all the time! For the longest time it was Buffy and Angel this and Buffy and Angel that. Well damn it, it supposes to be Angel and Cordy now!

Cordelia was so busy complaining to herself about the Buffy/Angel saga that she never noticed the two shadowy figures begin to follow her. She was only a few blocks for the mansion, which was where the entire AI team was staying during all of this.

So by the time she realized what was happening it was too late. As the two creatures bit into opposite sides of her neck, Cordelia realized her fatal mistake. Never curse the Slayer while in her town. As she felt her life slip away with each passing second Cordelia Chase’s last thoughts were…

‘I wish I had never met Buffy Summers’

With those as the former May Queen’s last thoughts she fell to the floor with a soft thud. The two vampires stalked off into the night in search of a better meal. The fledglings learned that to feed from a fellow demon did nothing to sate their hunger. It also left a really bitter after taste.


*--------------------*


The same time across the country Whistler felt a slight tingle on the back of his neck. He sat silently in the dark waiting for The Powers message to come through. Sighing heavily he fell back on to his bed.

He knew better than to have trust Doyle to choose his successor.

‘Oh well at least I won’t have to listen to her whining anymore’

Smiling to himself the demon rolled on to his side thinking of potentials to take her place.

‘He’ll be perfect; it’s just the task of finding him’

At this he felt another slight tingle on the back of his neck and suddenly had a flash himself. His smile grew broader as he thought of what was to come.


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 10
Misunderstanding + Jealousy = Angel by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 11/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 11 -- Misunderstanding + Jealousy = Angel

*--------------------*


Buffy was packing the small amount of possessions they actually took with them while her mate was furiously make calls to get them out of the country as soon as possible. He promised her long ago that he would show her the world; he’d already shown her a large portion of the United States. It didn’t matter where they went as long as they were gone by sunrise.

Ever since the Angel encounter earlier Spike had been anything but calm. He just couldn’t shake the feeling that the little world he had built for them was about to come crashing down. The day they left Sunnydale was the day they left a life behind and began anew. He knew that he just wanted to forget the days he spent on the Hellmouth and his mate was no different. Even though there were good memories there just weren’t enough of them to out weigh the bad.

Sensing her mate’s distress she walked up behind him wrapping her arms around her waist and laid her head on his back. “Something is bothering you and don’t tell me its Peaches or something like that” she said imitating his accent when speaking of his sire. He chuckled at his love’s horrible impression of himself but it did lighten his mood considerably.

Turning in her embrace he pulled her closer burying his face in her neck, inhaling her scent. Sometimes he still had trouble believing that this remarkable woman was his and his alone. Before this he always had to share her whether they were enemies or friends. Now she was his and he never intended on giving her up without a fight.

Jealousy was a major problem he had. There were several occasions where Buffy had to restrain him from ripping some demon, human or other type of creatures head off. He was the same way with Dru, just with Buffy it was even more so. It took him so long to have Buffy willing in his arms, in his bed that nothing was ever going to take her from him.

“I don’t know. Seeing my sorry excuse for a sire again…it just brought up some stuff I’d rather not go into” he said as he slowly extracted himself from her embrace.

Buffy sighed heavily, she knew he was keeping things in. When they first started on their little road trip she was the one to share her past experiences and feelings but eventually with each passing day she was able to get him to open up. He was doing that thing where he closed himself off…she hated that thing!

“Will talk to me, you know I hate it when you do this. I mean I thought we talked about the not sharing and the keeping of things from one another” she looked at him challenging him somewhat with her eyes to disagree with her statement.

“I love you and no matter what you say or think or believe, that’s not a lie. I’m in love with you William and I am not Cecile and I most definitely not Drusilla. What you do with that is your choice but I can tell you I will not walk away from you. You forget I made you mine and I keep what’s mine” with that she stormed out of the room and apartment and into the night.

Spike let out an unneeded breath. They both talked about her always having to be strong and that she should be able to go to him when she needed. Of course she wouldn’t be Buffy without making him promise to do the same.

‘God, How stupid am I? I just shut out my mate while my sire is here trying to reclaim her!’

Fear of the worst kind shot through Spike’s heart as he thought of his sweet Buffy in the arms of his sire. Images flashed through his mind; images of Angel kissing Buffy, touching Buffy, making love to Buffy. Now sounds could be heard; Spike could hear his darling girl crying out for his sire’s touch begging him to let her come.

The images and sounds all became too much for the vampire and with a howl of animalistic rage he threw his fist into the nearest wall. There was no way in hell Angel was going to take what was his. With that he wrenched the door open and stalked out into the night

‘I’ll kill him if he has touched her’


*--------------------*


‘The nerve of him, after everything we’ve gone through together. I mean forget the whole Glorificus deal; there was Angelus and the Initiative. We promised each other to always talk about everything. I mean I know he has that whole macho-vampire thing going on but still…’

The Slayer knew inside that she probably overreacted and should probably go back to the apartment but she was just too wired, to hype up to go back and deal with him yet. She felt him before he made his presence known.

“Come out, Angel”


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 11
War by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 12/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.
Author's Note V: The characters Raz and Talaria belong to ME! So if you’d like to borrow them for your own stuff you must ask. Ok I’m done

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 12 -- War

*--------------------*


Angel’s large domineering form slipped from the shadows and the low light of the street lamps illuminated his face. There was no denying that Angel was truly a beautiful creature, the power that lie within could be clearly seen. Buffy knew that there would always be a place in her heart for the dark and mysterious vampire but their time together had ended, he had let her go.

At the time the ensouled ones departure had been nothing short of torture. Her world as she knew was crashing down around her and Angel leaving was just one more piece of it deteriorating.

The Slayer knew in her heart that at a time they were meant to be together. It was obvious to just about everyone except him. The Powers had seen two warriors one derived from the light and one from the dark coming together to protect their world. Oh she had no doubts that Angel still continued the fight but because of his choice destiny itself was changed.

The blonde still remembers the night Talaria a Ferohers appeared to her, Talaria was a Persian Guardian Angel. It was quite a shock to be alone in Restfield waiting for some of Sunnydale’s fang population to rise and then to be in the presence of an angel no less.


//It was only a few weeks after Angel had left her and she still was on the schedule of patrolling from sunset to sunrise. Her days were filled with aimless wandering and hunting for demon nest set up in the warehouse district. She was slowly coming back from merely existing.

Buffy was seated atop a headstone waiting for the former bar tender of the Bronze to rise when all of a sudden there was a flash of light and before her a women hovered a few inches off the ground dressed in black and gray. She looked human enough but the little blonde Slayer could feel power coming off of her in waves.

Slayer senses on full alert she cautiously jumped down and approached the vision before her. As she neared the being in front of her she felt an overwhelming wave of calm wash over her. Tilting her head slightly to the side she looked at the creature curiously.

“Who are you or should I say…what are you?”

The angel merely smiled at the young girl. “My name is Talaria and I am a Ferohers” at the Slayer’s confused expression she clarified. “Basically I am a guardian angel but right now I am a messenger for The Powers that be”

Buffy brow scrunched together, a perplexed expression on her face. She smiled slightly before questioning the angel.

“I’m sorry…The Powers that what?” Talaria just smiled

“The Powers that Be; they are like the fates, I suppose that would be the best way to describe them. They decide what was, what is and what will be. Though there is free will everyone has a specific path already laid out for them”

“Ok oddly enough I follow you but what do they want with me?”

“You are the strongest Slayer to ever walk the earth and Angelus has abandoned you, he was only saved for the sole purpose of protecting you. Yes, he is a great warrior for the light but you need a guardian…one who will fight beside you and for you. A person you can share everything and anything with. He gave up to easily on you and himself, it was then decided that you would need someone new…”

“Someone new, I don’t understand.”

The angel smiled down at the young Slayer, she really had no idea what was in store for her. “You won’t know it at first but put your trust in him and you won’t be disappointed. I promise you this, there will be hard times coming and you will need his strength”

Buffy shook her head in confusion not fully comprehending what was being said. Angel was all she really ever knew and now there would be some major changes coming and the way it sounded in her heart as well.

“I don’t understand, I mean…”

The angel’s form began to shimmer and fade her departing words were almost lost in the gentle wind.

“…with eyes of the sea”//


Buffy was pulled from her musings when Angel finally sat down beside her.

“I never could sneak up on you…not really”

She smiled at this “No you never could but I could certainly sneak up on you” Angel just laugh both remembering the time she came in from patrol where she caught him holding her favorite stuffed pig. It was so long ago, a time when they were both fairly naïve to the cruelties of fate and the world.

“So what are you doing here, without your bodyguard?” the brooding vampire asked, his voice heavily laced with sarcasm.

“Oh God, first off he is not my bodyguard and we got into a bit of a fight and just badness” she said sighing heavily. “Of course it was over you, he thought that as soon as I saw you I fall into your arms and we’d profess our undying eternal love. Then you’d either beat him into a bloody mass or just dust him and we’d ride off into the sunset…well moonlight…whatever you know what I mean and then live happily ever after…or something along those lines”

When she was greeted with silence she turned her head to find her ex staring at her with wide unshed tears in his eyes.

“Oh my, you believed something along those lines would actually happen” she breathed out. Her heart when out to him, no matter what had happened in the past Angel would always hold a place inside her heart. She could no longer lie and say she had feelings for the brooding vampire; they had fled her heart long ago.

She inhaled deeply before continuing “Angel, I care about you so very much but things are not as they were…The day you left was the day I literally died inside, I gave you all that I was and would’ve been and even if you didn’t mean to, you basically threw that back in my face”

Seeing that he was about to interrupt she held up her hand to stop him and went on with her explanation “I know that you’re going to say that you love me and I would be lying if I said if I didn’t love you” Buffy watched as his eyes brightened but quickly dashed any hope that was beginning to shine there. “But I’m not in love with you. I took back my heart long ago and it took a long time for me to put it back out there. I told you that I was in love with Riley but…I lied. I said that to hurt you, there was the whole Faith thing and I just…it was wrong of me and I’m sorry”

Angel felt as if his world was falling apart around him. The love of his unlife was telling him that she no longer loved him. He only took comfort from the fact that she didn’t love anyone else. Cold comfort but comfort none the less.

“So what are you saying exactly?” his voice full of emotion

“I don’t know exactly but I can tell you I didn’t fall out of love with you a day after you left. Parker was…a mistake and Riley was just…well he was normal and everyone just kept wanting it for me so I didn’t…couldn’t disappoint them so I went with it but I never loved him” she looked up at him with a small smile which he couldn’t help but return.

Taking an unneeded breath he asked the question that had been weighing on him since the other night.

“What’s the deal with Spike?”

Her eyes widened momentarily and she suddenly found the ground extremely fascinating. She felt a tingle in the pit of her stomach and a shiver run up her spine but she just chalked it up to residual feelings of Angel, she never noticed the dark figure stalking in the shadows near by

“Spike is…Oh God, where do I start? He’s been there since right after you left basically…a little…ok a lot reluctant at first but he’s still been there. At first we were your typical mortal enemies with the fighting and the verbal barbs but as time wore on…things changed” After a slight pause she continued

“Everything with the sudden appearance of Dawn and then with my mom…then Glory, he was there and he protected Dawn like she was his own. I could depend on him you know…I told Giles that if Dawn died I was quitting and I meant it. I know he didn’t truly believe me but it’s not fair. I continued to fight and not ever catch any type of a break”

“But that’s what we do...”

“No, we are…I am supposed to be the Slayer; the strongest to ever walk and the damn powers won’t even let me keep what little family I had left. My dad has disappeared off the face of the earth, I bet he doesn’t even know that they’re dead and that I haven’t been in Sunnydale for the past three months” tears were streaming down her face unchecked as she spilled her heartaches.

Angel couldn’t stand to see his love in pain; all he wanted to do was take her into his arms and sooth the pain away. Before she knew what was happening she was wrapped in the arms of the dark vampire, though the cold comfort was short lived.

Buffy heard a low growl coming from the shadows behind them. She instantly extracted herself from her ex-lover’s arms.

Angel didn’t know what hit him when he was mauled from behind. Spike was overflowing with rage. How dare that bastard of a sire try and take what was rightfully HIS! He did it with Dru and now he was trying to steal his sweet Buffy from him, well he had enough!

“You think you can take her from me? DO YOU?!?! ANSWER ME!”

Spike rained a serious of blows to Angel’s head and midsection. There was no break in between where Angel could attempt to gain the upper hand. Spike could hear the panicked cries of his mate in the background, concern for her made him leave Angel in a broken a bloody heap on the floor.

The bleached vampire stalked over to his mate, game face to the forefront and blood dripping from his bloody and broken hands. He reached out with a gentle hand and caressed the side of her face when she nuzzled her face into his hand he smiled softly and his demonic visage slowly melted away.

“Are you alright Princess, did he hurt you?” he whispered softly as he pulled her closer

“No, he didn’t hurt me” she was trembling partly because of the cold and the other in fear. She had never seen her mate react so badly before. Of course he took notice and gripped her chin gently but firmly forcing her to look at him.

“Are you cold, love?” he said as he slipped out of his duster and placed it on her shoulders. She smiled softly at him and he returned it kind.

“See Spikes’ got you, I’m sorry baby I didn’t mean to fight with you. I know we promised to talk an all, just you know I don’t like to talk about him” the ending was said with a bit of a growl.

It seemed as though Spike had forgotten all about the broken heap of a vampire only a few feet away. Buffy on the other hand did not and was trying to figure out a way to get them all out of there alive or undead, which ever. She couldn’t keep her eyes of the prone figure that began to come to on the floor as Spike continued to nuzzle her neck and plant soft kisses over her pulse point.

Finally deciding on a plan of action, Buffy gently placed her small hands on either side of her mate and firmly but gently pushed him away. He sent her a warning growl but it immediately became one of approval as she ran her hands up and down his sides.

“Why don’t’ we head back to the apartment, you said you wanted to leave tonight. If we want to catch the freighter in time” This caused him to look at her as if she’d grown a second head.

“Buffy, love we’re taking a…” Spike let out a grown as she hit him in the ribs. Holding a hand to his side, he looked up at her in confusion. “What the hell did you do that for?”

Buffy inhaled sharply, her eyes grew wide as she indicated with a quick jerk of her head in Angel’s directions. Spike seemed to understand and promptly let the issue drop. The bleached vampire gave his sire the once over after only a moment of contemplation he came to the conclusion that he was no longer a threat.

Turning on heel and with a firm grasp on Buffy’s hand he began to pull her away from the darkened street. Knowing that she had to get back to Angel somehow she came up with a fib about how she must have dropped her keys. Spike seemed to except this and let her go back for them but not before giving her a five minute warning.

As the blonde jogged back to where Angel still lay on the sidewalk, she knew that if she wasn’t fast enough Spike would indeed come looking for her.

Buffy walked over and slowly knelt down next to the broken creature of the night. She brushed as lock of hair away from his face before whispering to him.

“The only reason you’re not dead is because I stopped him. Do not try to find us again; I fear I won’t be able to stop if there is a next time”

Before he can respond the Slayer is gone and Angel is left alone…broken and full of heartache. Even though he should listen to her, he won’t. There was no way in hell he was going to let Spike keep her…not with out a fight.

Spike may have one the first battles but he wasn’t going to win the war.


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 12
The past, The Present, The Future by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part; 13/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author’s Note VI: In this chapter I will be re-introducing a character of my own creation, Raz. Of course we don’t want him to be alone so there will be one more addition to my Spuffyverse and her name is Ciro


All previous Author Notes I-V can be found in previous chappies!


CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 13 –- The past, The Present, The Future

*--------------------*

The cabin was quiet and only the gentle rustling of fellow passengers and humming of the over head light could be heard. It was hard to believe Angel had tried to challenge the claim a second time, he always did want the things he couldn’t have. The blonde directed his eyes to the sleeping form next to him. Oh he knew that Buffy would never leave him now, of that he was sure.

He laid his head back against the first class seat, his head was splitting from the fight earlier, he did take something for the pain just before boarding but it wasn’t helping any. They had just taken off about an hour before but it was still at least another good four hours before touching down in London. London, England…God the last time he was there was when he and Dru were running around together.

‘The blood that flooded the streets…those were good times’

He sighed softly even though his time with Dru had ended he wouldn’t trade his time now with his mate for the world. Dru was never all that faithful to him and now that he looks back on it he even questions her ‘love’ for him. Oh he knew that she said it to him enough but could a creature like her really love. He doubted it but that was then and this is now.

The little blonde that occupied the seat next to him shifted a bit and moaned a little when she couldn’t get settled; he could feel her discomfort and exhaustion through the bond, so he pulled her closer while gently brushing a stray strand from her eyes and softly cooed in her ear. Almost instantly she settled down and snuggled into his embrace.

He couldn’t wait to show her all of his old haunts…well most of them anyway. He decided long ago that if he got the chip out and she became his that he would do his best to shield her from his more demonic tendencies. There was no doubt in his mind that she loved and accepted all of him it was just something he really wanted to do for her. Angels’ return stirred up some old emotions and wounds that he believed were dead and buried. Both he and his mate had been burned badly by the Hellmouth and wished never to return there unless absolutely possible.

His thoughts automatically turned to the Scoobies and the one or two members he knew of the AI team. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind that the whelp and the witch were behind all this. He wasn’t sure what his feelings for the Watcher were; he knew that Giles loved Buffy as if she were his own. So he couldn’t begrudge him for searching for his little girl but the dynamic duo he had a few things he’d like to say to them.

‘Where the hell do they get off trying to take Buffy away from me, her happiness? I mean the whelps’ record isn’t all that great. First there is giant preying mantis lady, Inca mummy girl, the slut of a cheerleader and finally an ex-vengeance demon. I mean for gods’ sake his choice of paramours have not been all that great. Oh and of course we can’t forget the little meddling witch and her choices in love. First for her was some ancient demon that was trapped in the damned internet and then made himself flesh…or metal as it were. Then wolf boy and finally another witch. It’s not fair that they should be able to be happy and then not their so called best friend.

Don’t even get me started on peaches, he left her two years ago He can’t just come back and say that I challenged his claim, ok so he didn’t exactly say that I challenged him but he fucking abandoned her she doesn’t belong to HIM anymore! Then of course there is that bitch of a former cheerleader, she’s some sort of half demon now. I mean gimme a break like she did it for the good fight…my ass. She has been making eyes at nancy boy hair gel since day one’

As his thoughts continued to race through his mind; he realized he didn’t have a set place for them to live yet. Then he remembered that the wolf was suppose to be in London now, none of the Scoobies knew that he still kept in contact with the former band member not even the Slayer.

It was an interesting day when he ran into the wolf and they exchanged information after a pint. Both were drunk out of their minds but one day Spike received a letter from the werewolf and they’d been in touch ever since.

His eyes began to feel heavy so he let them close and he slowly drifted into a restful sleep with his mate tucked securely within his arms. As one of the flight attendants walked past she couldn’t help but smile at the couple before continuing on her way to the back of the plane.


*--------------------*


The sound of his boots could be heard as he walked down one of the many back alleys of London. Water splashed up onto his boots as he stepped in one of the many puddles left by the recent rain. The sky was a murky gray and the air was cool and smelled of fresh rain and gasoline. He was headed back to his flat when he was blindsided by a two snarling vampires. The sounds of flesh hitting flesh and heavy breathing could be heard all throughout the alley way. In the end the shadow continued on his was and two clouds of ash settled into near by puddles.

The wind had picked up a bit and it made the figure hunker down deeper into his coat. He hated London with all the rain most of the time he longed for the warmer climates or ones that were less wet. He soon came upon a building and pressed the button near the main door, not to long after a faint buzzing sound could be heard and he pushed on the door and entered. As he dropped his coat onto one of the hooks near the door and kicked of his boots a girl looking like she was in her early twenties came bouncing down the steps.

“Hey where have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you!” her New York accent coming through clearly as she reprimanded her friend and roommate.

“Out” came his one word answer, the woman just sighed audibly at his attitude.

“God, why do you have to be like that…I just worry you about you” her face clearly showing her concern. She knew how Raz could be sometimes but she never wished for him to change. It was almost ironic how his looks complemented his just as fiery personality.

Raz was a Nitric demon; basically he could do all sorts of things with fire including creating it. Though he wasn’t all that tall only standing about 5’10; he did look extremely human. His eyes were a gray but not a dull gray; they were almost like a bright silver but the most noticeable aspect to the demon was his deep red hair. Unlike many who were cursed with bright red, carrot like hair; Raz had deep almost maroon colored hair.

Many demons had the same life span as humans, they were born and they grew old and someday they would eventually die. However other demons like vampires became or were immortal. Nitric demons were immortal but they didn’t start out that way. As they grow older something in their genetic make-up changes and once they reach their 25 birthday they cease aging.

“I know you worry Ciro, it’s just that I needed some air and…some information”

This seemed to get his companions attention; she glanced at the clock making sure there was plenty of times left before the sun was suppose to set. Ciro could also be considered…different just like her friend. For she was a werewolf but she wasn’t bitten or scratched by one she was born as one. She was shocked on the night of her thirteenth birthday to discover her parents’ secret. Though she did eventually adjust because she was born a wolf she had abilities others did not.

Ciro had the ability to talk to the stars and the moon sometimes she even had a vision or two but unlike Drusilla she got to keep her sanity. She was a pretty thing, only standing about 5’5 with purple hair (at the moment) dull but bright blue eyes. Raz seemed to notice her worried glance at the clock and decided to cut his explanation short but would fill in the details later.

“Look you’ve got a bit of time but I know how you like to do that meditation thing beforehand, so here’s the deal. The Slayer and William the Bloody are on their way here”

Ciros’ eyes grew wide at this new information, she couldn’t believe that the Slayer; Buffy Summers was on her way to England at that very moment. Everyone knew of the other Slayer, they also knew she switched sides and was now behind bars.

“Are you sure? I mean she wouldn’t leave the Hellmouth unguarded…would she?”

“A lot of things have happened and are still happening. Just know that I’m gonna try and head them off at the airport maybe offer them a place to stay. I know Buffy from her time with Merrick and Spike is Ok…once you get to know him”

Raz watched as Ciro seemed to mull over the idea in her head, he knew how much Ciro admired the blonde Slayer and how envious of him because he knew her fairly well at one point.

“It’s cool with me just make sure blood breath keeps his teeth and fangs to himself” with that she sauntered away and back up the spiral steps form which she came, leaving Raz there to do his own thing.


*--------------------*


Whistler sat in the darkened room, the only light was shining in from the street leaving the room with a soft orange glow. He turned his back towards the window as heard the door open and close just as softly. Even though he was pretty sure of the nights’ events he had to ask.

“So, how’d it go?”

The sound of the bed creaking and the bedding shifting followed by a heavy sigh could be heard before the figure answered

“How could she Whis, she just left me there and went off with him” his voice full of emotion.

On closer inspection Whistler could see dried tear tracks on his friends’ face along with a nasty gash right above his left eye that was already healing among other cuts and burses. The demon grimaced at the sight of the ensouled vampire, he knew that Angel was going to get a few souvenirs from tonight’s’ adventure but he never thought Buffy let him get it this bad.

For the longest time the fates believed that Buffy and Angel were the one. Those two were supposed to be capable of great things together as their relationship grew. They had to go through the whole Angelus tryst in order to prove themselves worthy. He lied the day he said that no one saw Buffy coming, Acathla and Angelus were a test for both Buffy and Angel but Angels’ leaving…that no one saw coming.

The fates hearts broke right along with the blonde Slayers’ that day. They had believed that they had found their champions but it turned out they were wrong. Angel was staying from the path that had been set before him. It was truly a tragedy for the Powers intended to reward both of them one day with Angels’ humanity. Though both would become immortal they would have sunshine and possibly children and of course each other.

So as they watched the vampire disappear into the fog and the Slayer breakdown and cry it was decided that a new champion should be chosen, one who’s loyalty was second to none. The Slayer’s companion had to be strong both emotionally and physically and would always put her first. They watched as she became closer with Riley Finn but it was soon decided that he would never do.

First off he was too human and wasn’t able to the gray areas in the world. Even though he cared greatly for their Slayer, he was most definitely not the one. Soon William the Bloody came to their attention. He’d been with their Slayer almost since she first appeared in Sunnydale. Even though he claimed to be ‘evil’ he did help her defeat Angelus and in his own way Adam. It was then decided that Glorificus would be the final test.

The Powers were beyond pleased that he passed, though they did mourn with their favored child, it was for the best. They feared their Slayer would sacrifice herself and that would’ve just ended in shame and heartache.

Whistler knew of the Powers plan and of the many things to come, he longed to tell his friend of what was to happen but it just wasn’t meant to be.

“Look maybe this is some type of a sign, I mean you did leave her and she moved on just like you wanted her to”

Angels’ head snapped up at this fire in his eyes

“I did leave and it was a *mistake*! Yes I did want her to move on but not to Spike” the bleached blonde’s name was said as if a bad taste had entered his mouth.

“Ange…” he was cut off by the raging vampire

“I wanted her to have sun light and picnics and…normal. I wanted a normal life for her” feeling defeated he flopped down on the bed with a sigh

“Did you ever ask her what *she* wanted?” Whistler asked softly

When he was greeted with the gentle hum of silence, he merely leaned back in his chair and waited for his friend to respond. It was finally dawning on Angel that the reason Buffy was no longer in his arms was because of his own doing.

Whistler didn’t have to wait to long before he heard the sounds of his friends’ sobbing. Deciding it best to leave the vampire alone for awhile, he picked up his coat and walked out of the hotel room leaving the ensouled vampire to all the pain in misery in which he created.


*--------------------*


Xander’s apartment was not filled with laughter and joking friends as usual, instead it was filled with the Scoobies and what was left of the AI team mourning a fellow warrior and friend. None knew of Cordelias’ decent into darkness, they all believed they were missing a fellow guardian of the light.

As they were leaving the Magic Box Fred was the one to discover the grisly scene. Cordelias’ body lay in a heap on the sidewalk her neck and forearm covered in blood and two wounds oozed the remaindered of her blood. Fred through herself into the Gunns’ arms, Wesley and Giles followed by Willow and Xander came upon the scene and gasped in horror at the sight that greeted them.

Now only a few hours later they were all gathered at Xander’s’ apartment mourning the lost of their friend and comrade. Giles and Wesley were in the kitchen fixing tea and other snacks for everyone most sat still in shock. Willow sat on the floor near Xander’s’ feet wondering what the hell had happened. She kept getting weird vibes off of her all night but just chalked it up to old emotions brought to the surface at seeing her.

Gunn sat on one of the deck chairs out on Xander’s’ patio with Fred in his lap. The brunette hadn’t stopped crying since finding Cordelias body. Gunn just held her and continued to whisper comforting words to soothe his girlfriend. Wesley tried reaching Angel earlier but they couldn’t’ seem to reach his cell phone and no one was answering the phone at the hotel, he’d already left several messages for the vampire.

All were at a loss, their Slayer had run away with a soulless evil vampire and the only other leader they’d had went chasing after her. On many levels they all blamed everyone and no one for the past months event. One thing was true though…nothing was ever going to be the same.


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 13
Interlude I - Flying High by Tygerlily
CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Interlude –- Flying High

*--------------------*


Buffy was snuggled up to her vampire as she felt the steady rise and fall of his chest; she chuckled softly at his habit of breathing even though he didn’t need to. Spike felt rather than heard his mate laugh and looked down at her frowning slightly.

She just looked up and smiled softly at him, pressing a quick kiss to his chin before laying her head back down on his chest. Buffy began running her hand up and down her lovers’ thigh loving the way he began to shift and move about in his seat.

The little blonde continued to torture him till the point where his jeans were no longer comfortable, deciding to put an end to the game he grasped her hand gently but firmly and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

“Do you know what the Mile High Club is, love” his voice a hoarse whisper

A shiver went through her at the sound of his voice it was filled with desire and when she looked up into his eyes passion, love and lust shown clearly in his eyes. Remembering his question she shook her head her eyes transfixed on his lips.

The bleached vampires’ lips twisted into a seductive smirk he leaned in again and told her to meet him in the bathroom in about two minutes, just before getting up and heading to the back of the plane he gave a soft lick to the shell of her ear leaving her there panting and dripping with need.

Buffy tried to be patient but she couldn’t seem to sit still, perhaps it had to do with the sexy vampire that was waiting to fuck her in a few minutes. Her leg bounced up and down in her seat and she continued to fidget with her nails, finally glancing at her watch again she notice two minutes had indeed passed.

So Buffy tried to get up with out attracting too much attention, she waked down the aisle and knocked twice on the bathroom door, she pushed it open slowly hoping to god that Spike was on the other side. All of a sudden she was yanked inside and the door was shut firmly behind her.

Before she could even speak his lips were on hers, his tongue pushing past her lips demanding entrance. There was nothing sweet or gentle about this, it was just raw, straight up fucking.

While Spike attacked her lips with abandonment Buffy began to undo his belt and jeans. Spikes’ hands wandered up and down her back before falling to her hips and then sliding down to the front of her jeans. Spike turned Buffy to face the door his she placed her hands on either side of the frame bracing her self as her lover pushed her legs even farther apart.

Both were panting heavily as Spike’s hand glided over her body and cupped her breast and began to roll her nipple between his fingers; Buffy couldn’t help but arched into his hands the sensations he was creating making her lose all coherent thought. Somehow both remembered where they were and tried to mindful of the noise they knew they had to be creating.

Spike didn’t even have to check to see if she was ready for him, the evidence of her desire was already dripping down her thighs and he’d know the delightful scent of her arousal anywhere. In one quick thrust he was buried inside of her; Buffy moaned softly in satisfaction at the feeling of being filled by him once more.

‘It’s been to damn long’

That thought was predominant in both their minds as Spike entered her the first time, he had to stay still for a moment to keep himself from coming and it ending before it even began. When his mate rotated her hips and began to whine impatiently, he eased out of her body slowly pulling out almost the whole way before slamming back inside.

Buffy moaned deep in her throat at the wonderful bolts of pleasure her lover kept creating inside her. Their pace was quick and was becoming more on uneven with each passing moment. It wasn’t too long before Buffy felt the familiar tightening in her belly; she reached behind her to pull her lover into a heated kiss.

Spike then felt the supple body beneath his stiffen and watched in awe as his mate was over taken by orgasm. He loved to watch her as she came her expression was anything but short of euphoric. Needing release himself, he began to pound into her from behind until he felt the familiar tightening in his balls and began to bathe her womb with his seed.

Spike collapsed on top of his lover still holding her flush up against his chest. Buffy supported them both by leaning on the frame of the door. Spike being the first to recover pulled back up taking his lover with him; he turned carefully depositing her on the toilet while he ran the water to get the two of them cleaned up.

After getting himself situated he turned to his mate seeing she was coming around herself but she was tired from the past days events and the flight itself. He soon had her cleaned up and pulled her back up into a standing position. He pulls her close and whispers in her ear…

“I want you to walk out first and I’ll follow you after a moment or two” he looked at her to see if she understood. She nodded slightly and gave herself a once over in the tiny mirror and turned to leave the bathroom.

Spike just watched amused as his love still on wobbly legs exited the facilities. The vampire chuckled to himself; he still couldn’t believe that Buffy actually had sex with him on an airplane. He just shrugged it off to her exhausted state and with a smirk firmly in place he sauntered out of the bathroom.

When he reached his seat he slid back into his mates’ embrace with ease. Spike pressed a soft kiss to her crown before turning his attention to the book in the pouch in front of him. Just as he was about to continue with his novel the man across grinned from ear to ear and gave him a nod of recognition; Spike couldn’t help the smug smile to appear on his face.


*--------------------*


End of Interlude I
... and we're the Slayerettes by Tygerlily
CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 14 –- …and we’re the Slayerettes

*--------------------*


As the first rays of light began to filter into the shadows of the ending night and the demons of the Hellmouth retreated back into the darkness Sunnydale began to become awake and alive once more, many still oblivious to the horrors of the night.

A young Xander Harris’ apartment was filled with exhausted Scoobies, all only falling asleep at various times during the night. All were spent from the previous evenings’ events. The realization that Buffy was willing to stay with Spike and not coming home was a huge blow and then to add the impromptu death of their seer it turned out to be an ordinary night on the Hellmouth but even knowing this, it did nothing to lessen the pain.

Willow and Xander were seated out on his patio just taking in all that was early morning in Sunnydale. Both were awake before anyone else and decided that it was best to talk outside, it had been a long night and neither had any desire to wake anyone inside.

For the longest while they had no idea what to say to one another, finally Willow had enough of the uncomfortable silence and decided to break it.

“So…”

“So…”

They were both at a complete loss at the moment, just a few months ago they were all together and relatively happy, now the girl they all thought of as a little sister is dead, their best friend for the past five years just up and left them and now just last night another life was taken.

“God this is so…I mean we used to be able to talk about anything, let alone not being able to talk at all” Xander said with a heavy sigh

“I know, I mean what’s happen to us?”

Their eyes locked and they knew what exactly happened to them. Buffy Summers happened to them. Both remember the blonde Slayer entered their lives and turned them upside down but neither could regret that day. For Xander he was able to do things he never thought he could and was able to become the man he so desperately wanted to be. For Willow she was able to come out of her shell and know that it was ok to be who she was. The two friends smiled at the memory of their lost friend, still not knowing what to do to rectify the situation.

Willow turned her back towards Xander and looked toward the horizon. The dark haired young man could do nothing but look on as his friend was in obvious deep thought.

“I think the day everything changed was when she made that deal with Spike. I know from what she told me it wasn’t because they liked one another or ‘cause Spike has this overwhelming desire to switch sides, it was for mutual need. Buffy needed to save the world and Spike wanted Drusilla back, at that time their needs sorta meshed”

Xander sighed heavily and ran a frustrated hand through her hair. He knew what Willow was doing, she was trying to find it, to pinpoint when exactly did they lose their friend.

“Maybe, I mean that may have been the day it began or got the ball rolling but I don’t think it was just that” he said softly

His best friend whipped her head around to face him, tear streaming down her face and as he looked at her, he knew then that they had to find a way to set things right with Buffy or none of them would ever move past this.

“You think I don’t know that, I mean it was a number of things. The day Angel left was really just the beginning of all this, then everything with Oz and Tara and…God even you and Anya. Oh and of course I just HAD to push her into Riley Finns’ arms and what did he do…he went and up and left her too. Then Glory…her mother just…died and then Dawn…I…I mean how in the hell could we just leave her with Spike. I mean SPIKE for CHRIST SAKES!”

Xander could clearly see that his little read headed friend was on the verge of hysteria. So he did the only thing that he knew he could do and pulled her into his arms as she continued to cry and soak his shirt with her tears. At that moment all Xander Harris wanted to do was to hate and rue the day he met Buffy Summers but he couldn’t bring himself to. The person or thing he was truly angry at was a certain bleached vampire that took her away from all of them. He never thought he’d see that day that he’d be rooting for Angel.

As she quieted he looked down onto her tearstained faced and brushed some of the stray tears away.

“Better now?”

At her nod he decided that it was time to head back inside, he also could’ve sworn he heard Giles voice a few moments ago. Both headed inside to see what news if any the Watcher had for them.

“Hey G-man”

Giles couldn’t even bring himself to be upset with Xanders’ chosen nickname for him. Pausing for a moment, trying to get his bearings and attempting to get back to the topic of hand just as he was about to continue with his speech of having no new news the phone rang.

Time seemed to stand still; everything and everyone froze at the foreign sound. Giles was the first to recover and strode purposefully toward the phone and picked it up on the fifth ring, his voice wavered only slightly as he spoke into the receiver.

“Hello” his voice full of barely concealed emotion

“Hello Giles”

With a sigh of relief and disappointment he smiled slightly and mouthed to the others that it was Angel at the other end. As the ensouled vampire began to speak the Watchers’ expression became one of relief that was quickly becoming one of distress.

Giles listened patiently to Angels’ tale and he couldn’t help but wonder who in Gods’ name did they piss off for all of this to happen. First Cordelias’ death and now this, when Angel finished telling him of his former chargers behavior he decided it was time to tell the vampire of his seer death.

Surprisingly Angel was only silent for a moment and he did sound chocked up for a moment or two but the more he spoke the more he realized that Cordelias’ death was her own fault and if she wasn’t so careless then it wouldn’t have happened.

Angel knew it was wrong to be so indifferent towards his friends’ demise but at that moment in time he couldn’t bring himself to care. His only thoughts were on Buffy and how she could’ve let Spike kill him but she didn’t. That alone gave him hope that maybe…just maybe there was still a chance that he could reach her.

After a few more minutes of conversing and a new game plan, the two disconnected and went on their separate ways. Just as Giles was about to fill the others in on the details the phone rang again. All the occupants of the room just believed that it was Angel again and paid no mind to the Watcher returning to the phone but no one was prepared for the next words to leave Rupert Giles mouth.

“Hello Buffy”


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 14
Goodbye by Tygerlily
CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood/

MY MAILING LIST http://www.yahoogroups.com/Fanfictions_by_Tygerlily/


Chapter 15 –- Goodbye


*--------------------*


As the pair stepped of the plane and into the terminal they couldn’t help but turn a few heads. The woman had crystal like green eyes and long flowing blonde hair that accentuate her golden skin. Her male companion possessed a pair of striking blue eyes, sharp cheekbones and platinum blonde hair that only brought out the blue in his eyes even more. Needless to say they were two very beautiful people who couldn’t help but draw some attention to themselves.

Raz had been waiting for over an hour now for their flight to land after Ciro had gone and enter her meditative state there wasn’t much to do around so he decided to go for a drive and get to the airport a little early. As he waited for the pair he couldn’t help but wonder what the little Slayers’ reaction to him would be. The last time they were together was when Merrick was her Watcher and she was barely 16 at the time. She was now 20 years old and the oldest Slayer to ever to walk, that in itself was an accomplishment.

As soon as he saw them, he knew that he’d have to catch them or he’d loose them in the crowds. The look on the vampires’ face was guarded and cautious…he was protecting his mate. Buffy had never been to England before let alone out of the United States, he was worried for her. Knowing this he decide it best to approach them with a bit more caution, he knew Buffy wouldn’t attack but that didn’t mean her lover wouldn’t.

Spike could feel someone following them, he immediately knew that it was a Nitric Demon and usually that wouldn’t have bothered him but he didn’t want himself and the Slayer getting into a brawl their first night there and this one seemed dead set on making contact.

While Spike was looking for an easy way out to avoid confrontation, Buffy was getting an odd feeling in her lower stomach. It wasn’t a foreign feeling, she knew that she’d felt that way before but she just couldn’t seem to remember when. All of a sudden her mate pulled her to the side and placed a hand over her mouth, as she was about to protest to his actions his eyes locked with hers.

Blue eyes meet green and in that fraction of a second their bond came through and began to sizzle around them. Raz felt the slight influx of energy and jerked his head to the right. That’s when he saw them in a small alcove, eyes locked. He knew then that they were connected; now he’d have to be even more careful in trying to catch their attention. It was a known fact that the vampire was extremely possessive, many a demon could attest to it from his time with Dru but now he was sure that his already possessive nature had intensified because of his time with the Slayer.

Raz was about to gently touch the vampires’ shoulder when he found himself pinned against the wall with a pale yet firm hand on his throat. Not really wanting to provoke the vampire any further he put up his hands to show he meant no harm. The grip on his throat lightened enough for him to rasp out a greeting.

“It’s me, Raz”

“Raz?” the little blonde came out from behind her mate and instantly recognized the demon from her past.

“Hey Lizzy”

A smile broke out onto Buffys’ face with the old endearment. She immediately pulled her mate off of her former friend and pulled him into a hug all the while ignoring the low warning growl in the background.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re here. I mean the last I saw you was back in New York but that was only…”

“…for Spike’s chip I know but I heard you were headed to London and since I was already here, I thought I’d offer you and your mate a place to crash”

The Slayers’ face brightened at the thought of being able to catch up with an old friend. She loved spending her days with Spike but it’d be nice to have some new faces around for a change.

“We’d love to, wouldn’t we Will?”

Before Spike could respond to the idea of staying with Raz or that she called him ‘Will’ out in public Buffy had linked her arm with Raz and they were both headed out of the terminal, leaving Spike with both of their bags. The bleached blonde muttered something under his breath about overbearing Slayers and whipped vampires.


*--------------------*


As soon as they entered the flat Buffy immediately asked to use the phone, Raz just pointed to the door down the hall saying that it was to his study and she’d have all the privacy that she needed in there. She met Spikes’ eyes for half a second before sauntering down the hall. In that second Spike knew all he needed to know…she was going to call the Watcher.

He decided it best to leave her to it since she didn’t ask for his presence but if there was even the slightest hitch in her voice in any part of that conversation he’d be in there so fast her head would spin. Raz couldn’t help but grin at the look on the vampires’ face.

“What are you looking at” the vampire sneered

Raz softened a little and just smiled at the vampire before turning toward the kitchen. Spike just dropped the bags in the hall and followed the Nitric demon into the other room. Spike plopped down onto one of the stool placed near the island as Raz began to rummage through the refrigerator. His search was successful in producing a pint of O-positive and the fixings for a turkey and cheese sandwich.

The two demons sat in somewhat of a tense silence as each of them consumed their meals. Raz knew that it was coming from the moment he and his mate left with him from the airport. It was only a matter of time and he didn’t have to wait too long before…

“So how well do you? I mean…with Buffy…what exactly?” Spike trailed off unsure of what question he wanted to ask first or at all.

Raz looked up from his sandwich with a small smile on his face. He knew that his relationship with the Slayer would probably make the vampire question a few things, so he decided to put his mind at ease.

“You want to know, how well Buffy and I know each other? And what exactly is going on between us?”

“Basically, yeah I mean you’re all chummy with her she is MY mate you know”

“Yes I know and believe my feelings for Buffy are NOT of a romantic nature. You see when Merrick first found her she didn’t have the friends, the support system she did with her second Watcher, Ripper. I, we became very close and we relied on one another. I think of Buffy as more of my…baby sister” He chuckled at his last statement knowing what his ‘baby sister’ have to say to him if she heard him call her that.

“Buffy and I are just friends and I want to take of her, to help take care of her because I know that you just want to do the same thing. We both know that even though she says that she’s moved on…she in reality hasn’t. I mean losing the only real family you have left in such a small amount of time has to be hard.”

Spike sighed heavily at this, when he and the Slayer first left Sunnydale she had nightmares practically every other night. That was before they began to share a bed. He remembered the first time clear as day. Her screams woke him from his slumber, the look on her face nearly ripped him up inside.

“She’s gotten better, the nightmares they hardly ever show up anymore but she started to get into one of her moods during the flight. I swear sometimes I feel like…like its Dru all over again. I mean Buffy isn’t rambling about the stars or anything but sometimes she slips away from me you know…she goes to a place inside her head, somewhere where I can’t even get to, most of the time anyway” Spike looked up to see if he could read his companions’ face. He was surprised to see understanding and concern instead of…well he wasn’t sure what he was expecting to see but it sure as hell wasn’t that.

“Like I was saying she’s better than she was before and when things get…rough for her she talks to me, explains what’s going on in that head of hers buts sometimes I think she doesn’t even know what’s going on in her head”

Raz smiled sadly at the vampire, he knew for a fact that the Slayer would eventually recover but decided against saying anything and instead opted to just sit next to his new friend and continue to listen to the vampire vent everything that he felt he wasn’t able tell his mate.


*--------------------*


At the same time down the hall Buffy dialed the number she knew by heart and waited for a few tense seconds as the phone rang. She wasn’t sure what she was looking to accomplish by calling Sunnydale but she knew that it was just something she had to do. By the third ring someone picked up, in the background she heard the voice of her Watcher and knew that it was he who had answered the phone.

“Hi Giles”

There was a brief period of silence at the other end of the phone besides the soft murmur of voices conversing in the background.

“Hello Buffy”

Buffy could hear the soft murmur of voices in the background die out. She knew then that they all were waiting for her to continue the conversation with her Watcher.

“Hey, I just thought I’d call and…I don’t exactly” she tried a flippant opening but failed miserably and she knew it. At the other end of the phone there was a brief silence before a stuttered response came through.

“Buffy, God it’s good to hear your voice! Where are you? Are you alright? Is Spike with you?” Giles couldn’t believe that after almost 4 months of no word from his Slayer, the girl he thought of as a daughter is now on the phone with him.

“I know, it’s good to hear your voice too. I’m fine and yes Spike is with me, he’s been taking good care of me…we’ve been taking care of each other” the last part was said in a whisper.

“Dear girl, why didn’t you come to me? You know I would never have turned you away” Buffy’s heart broke when she heard the slight tremor in her Watchers’ voice.

“I… I honestly don’t know. Everything was just… slipping…” her breath hitched and she had to swallow the lump forming in her throat to suppress the tears that were threatening to fall.

“Spike was there for me when no one else was and this wasn’t the first time. I needed him and he was there.” She said softly

Giles was silent for a moment as he listened to his Slayers’ words and then her soft breathing at the other end of the phone. He was just so thrilled to know after three months of not knowing that the girl he loved like a daughter was okay.

“Darling, please come home”

Buffy sighed silently at her Watchers’ plea. She knew that she couldn’t go back to Sunnydale, not right then anyway.

“I can’t… “

“Buffy please…”

“One day… but not today”

“Buffy…”

“Goodbye”

Giles tried again to reach his Slayer but all he was greeted with was the low hum of the line that was disconnected.


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 15
No Apologies, No Regrets by Tygerlily
CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood/

SISTER SITE http://www.geocities.com/vanessasky2000/

MY MAILING LIST http://www.yahoogroups.com/Fanfictions_by_Tygerlily/


Chapter 16 –- No Apologies, No Regrets


*--------------------*


Buffy continued to stare at the phone tucked securely in its cradle. She abruptly cut off the conversation she was having with her Watcher not five minutes before. In her heart she knew that she should call back and explain herself. Give all of them more information than she did but she just couldn’t bring herself to do so. Inhaling sharply she once again picked up the phone and dialed the number she knew so well.

The phone barely rang once before she heard the frantic voice of her Watcher at the other end pleading with her to answer him.

“Giles…”

“Thank God, Buffy. I thought I’d lost you again. I beg you not to do anything like that again. Please at least tell me where you are and who you’re with. Are you alone with just Spike or are there others with you?”

Buffy couldn’t help but smile at her Watchers’ string of questions. No matter what something seem to never change.

“I’m not with just Spike… I’m with some old friends but we’re both okay, I promise.”

“Buffy who on earth are you with?”

“Raz… he’s a good friend of mine. I knew him back when Merrick was my Watcher. We also ran into him in New York and now again here.”

”Buffy I beg you to tell me where is there? Where are you?”

As soon as the phone rang again Giles practically dove for the receiver. The Scoobs and what was left of the AI team looked on with bated breath as the former Watcher spoke into the phone. Xander and Willow stood right behind Giles as he spoke with his former charge; both trying to listen as best they could to the conversation taking place.

Giles listen intently as he waited for his Slayer to answer. He knew that right now she depended too much on the bleached vampire and that he was going to extremely careful with the way he handled things if he ever wanted to see his Slayer again.

‘England’ the word was so softly spoken that the former bad boy had to ask her to repeat herself.

“I’m sorry love, where did you say you were?”

“I said that I’m in England Giles. You know Jolly ole’ England, the mother country.”

“Ah I see, I think I need to sit down now”

Buffy listened intently as she heard the shifting of a chair. Finally hearing her Watcher sigh heavily she almost feared what would be said next.

“Buffy…”

The tiny blonde cringed slightly as she heard the red heads’ voice hit her ears. She knew that she was going to have to deal with her friends at one time or another.

“Hey Wills, how ya been?” trying to be as casual as possible

Instantly Buffy knew that was the wrong thing to say because at the other end of the phone the once mellow sounding red head was ranting and raving and it didn’t look like she was going to stop anytime soon.

“How have I been? HOW HAVE I BEEN!?!? WHAT THE HELL KINDA QUESTION IS THAT TO ASK BUFFY!?! You just pick… pick up and leave without ANY kind of warning or even notice. You have Giles here going out of his mind; you had Angel travel across country… ACROSS COUNTRY BUFFY! Just to find YOU! And on top of all that Buffy you take of with Spike… SPIKE of all people for Christ Sake! I mean SPIKE, he isn’t even a person; he’s a FUCKING DEMON and…”

The tiny blonde felt her body begin to shake whether it was from repressed tears or rage she wasn’t too sure all she knew what that she was being yelled at for things that weren’t her fault. She was being reprimanded by her so-called friend for things she did but in reality it was no ones business but her own.

So she did something she should’ve done a long time ago…

“WILLOW!”

“Huh?”

“It’s none of your business. What I do and where I go is all of MY business, let alone who I’m with. All of you left and went and did your own thing because all of YOU were hurting. And that’s perfectly fine but don’t you dare… DON’T YOU DARE throw accusations or point your finger at me Willow!” by the time the little blonde finished her speech tears were rolling down her cheeks unchecked.

Buffy had to take a breath to calm herself when she went to apologize for her outburst the voice of her Watcher was once again coming through the line.

“Buffy, are you still there?”

“Yeah I’m still here”

Sighing heavily Buffy listened as Giles tried to make excuses for Willows’ behavior but the Slayer was tired of hearing it and she then decided to leave a number with her Watcher saying it was for him only and then proceeded to hang up the phone.

Buffy stared at the phone for a few long moments before she felt hot tears begin to stream down her face; burying her face in her hands she never heard the door to the study open…

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Huh” Buffy looked up and was surprised to see a young woman in front of her standing no more than five feet five inches tall. She had purple hair and bright but dull blue eyes.

“Hey I’m Ciro and you must be Buffy. Tough convo huh?”

“Yeah I guess you could say that”

Ciro walked over to the Slayer and plopped down into the chair opposite her. She swung her legs over the side and stared at the Slayer for a long moment before jumping back up and holding a hand out to her. Buffy just looked at her if she was crazed, Ciro smiled at this and pulled the tiny Slayer up and out of the overstuffed chair.

“Look you’re the Slayer, you’re also 20 years old and you have to right to do what you want, when you want and one day that will just have to get through you’re so-called friends’ thick skulls. Now are you going to or not?”

“Going to?”

“To start living… remember no regrets, no apologies”

With that Ciro sauntered out of the study leaving a slightly confused but elated Slayer behind. For the first time since she’d been called Buffy felt free to do what she wanted when she wanted and tonight she was going to start living for herself again… she was going to take it back.

“No Regrets, No Apologies”

End of Chapter 16
Truths and Mourning by Tygerlily
Chapter 17 –- Truths and Mourning


*--------------------*


The sun would be rising in the next few hours and in the condition he was in the dark vampire didn’t have much time to make it back to the room before he was nothing more than ash in the wind. Slowly but surely he picked himself up off of the ground and staggered out of the side street and onto one of the main avenues. Normally he wouldn’t do such a thing and basically stick to the side streets, the shadows as it were but the small hotel where he was staying was located on 4th avenue and it was mostly apartment buildings and houses until you reached the main shopping district over 20 blocks ahead.

For the time of night and the area itself Angel very much doubted he’d be running into anyone in particular. And even if he did he was more than a match for any human that crossed his path, wounded or not. He just had to get back to the room and rest for the day before he could head back out into the night and find Spike and Buffy before the trail became completely cold.

Slipping into the lobby and up the stairs he easily made it to the room undetected. Finally inside and safely tucked away from the sun he sighed with relief and slumped against the door. Whistler just watched from the shadows concern marring his otherwise usually stoic or sarcastic features. He wages a silent war with himself; in the end he decides to screw the orders he’s received from The Powers and that it was time Angel knew the truth… about everything.

“Ang, I think its time we had a talk”

“Whis now is really not a good time” Angel bit out

The demon sighed heavily as he watched Angel hobble over to the bed nursing his wounds and from the looks of them they looked real nasty, even in the low light of the lamp that barely lit a corner of the room.

“I think now is the perfect time”

The serious tone in the demon’s usually mocking and sarcastic voice instantly gained Angel’s attention. Dark mahogany colored eyes traveled his friends’ face wearily. Whatever it was that Whistler had to tell him it couldn’t be good and he really wasn’t sure how much more distressing news he could handle at this point in time.

“Okay what’s up Whis?”

Whistler slowly got up from his seat knowing that he was going to have to move around for this conversation. It seemed whenever he got nervous he had to keep himself busy. And he knew for sure that this particular conversation was about to get very stressful.

“Alright, remember how I told you that you could go either way. That you could make something of yourself but it all was on you, the choices you made”

“Yea, of course… that day was the day my life changed… forever”

Whistler winced as he felt the emotions roll of the vampire as he remember said day. That was one thing he never told anyone was that he was partially an empathy demon. It did nothing for his tough guy, cryptic exterior so he kept that little ti bit to himself.

“Well that wasn’t the only day your life changed… you see The Powers came for you because you were strong of heart and they knew you would be a great warrior. But the main reason you were saved was because you were suppose to be her guardian”

“Her Guardian…” He repeated lamely

“Yes her guardian, you see the day you left her… that was the day destiny was rewritten. But nothing was permanent, not yet anyway. In the beginning there were… opportunities as it were for you to come back and claim her as yours. Then young Riley Finn came along but it was clear he wasn’t the one…” He trailed off unsure on how to continue

“Whistler what are you saying to me?” The vampires’ voice was low and hoarse. He was terrified as to what the demon was insinuating. Fear and revulsion of the worst kind gripped his dead heart as the next few words tumbled forth from his friends’ lips

“Then they saw what was in front of them the entire time; William the Bloody. He’d been with the Slayer from almost the time she set foot in Sunnydale. Though enemies at first, they weren’t that any longer. They weren’t friends but they were no longer enemies and that was a start. It was then decided to test the vampires’ loyalty. They looked back on his time with Drusilla and his loyalty was second to none when he truly loved. So tests were set in place and the door in which you were to pass through closed forever now opened to him. And unlike you he walked through with his head held high.” He explained slowly trying to gauge Angel’s reaction

“So you’re saying my leaving Buffy I basically handed her to Spike on a sliver platter. My sacrifice…” he started to rant until Whistler abruptly cut him off.

“SACRIFICE!?! Whoa Angel buddy, there was NO sacrifice. You left, you couldn’t handle not being able to make love to her, and you couldn’t deal so you bailed. You left her Angel, no one forced you to, and you just did! In fact I seem to remember a slightly heart wrenching scene where the little blonde of your desires practically begged you not to leave. To rethink things, to just TALK to her, but you didn’t YOU decided what was best and YOU left her.” Whistler raged, he cared for his friend he truly did but there was no for Angel to blame except himself.

It all seemed to hit the ensouled vampire like a ton of bricks. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew it to be true it was all too much for him to deal with at that particular moment in time. He could smell the sunrise, he only had about an hour before it would be too late and he’d be stuck in that room for the remainder of that day. He couldn’t stand it, the walls were closing in and there was no way he would last there all day. So with that he stormed out of the room and back out into the ending night. There was a bar a few blocks up; The Wicked Monk… it looked like a place to drink the day away then regroup and get HIS Slayer back. Screw destiny, fate and all the other entities that controlled the cosmos. Buffy was his and he was going to get her back!

Whistler tried to stop his friends’ hasty exit from the room but staggered back at the force of the vision he received. They normally never hurt him before just sent a warm pleasant tingle up his spine but this time there was no way around it, this vision hurt like a bitch but once the pain receded he couldn’t help but smile. It seemed that the new seer had found its warrior now all he had to do was make sure that it was him that now received the vision so needed from The Powers that Be.


*--------------------*


It was a bright beautiful sunny California day. The sun was shinning and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, it was a bright vibrant blue. The grass was green and lush and there was a light breeze that rustled throughout the trees. Today was not the type of day for a funeral but it was.

Today family and friends laid Cordelia Chase to rest. Willow and Xander stood with Giles along with Gunn and Fred off to the side whereas Cordelia’s parents and other family members were nowhere to be found. It seemed that in order to avoid the IRS the Chases’ opted to stay out of the country even with word of their own daughter’s death.

Cordelia’s body was picked up by the coroner and they said she died of sudden neck rupture. No one who really knew the truth disputed the cause of death. So the only friends and family Cordelia had left gathered around her grave and paid their last respects. The priest said his finally words and only after a few more moments most everyone turned and left headed back to Xander’s apartment.

In the end there was only one person left standing over Cordelia’s grave. Xander Harris looked on with tear filled eyes. Though there was bad blood between the two brunettes somewhere inside he knew that he still loved her and all of her Queen C bitchy ways. Sighing heavily he walked sullenly over to the casket and placed a white lily on top. As he turned and walked a way tear slipped from his eye only to be wiped away by the soft breeze. Halting in his steps for only a moment he exited Wakefield Cemetery and never looked back


*--------------------*


There was no time and no space where Talaria roamed images continued to flash before her eyes until with a wave of her hand she looked on with bright eyes. It seemed as though the new seer had found his Slayer. Everything was beginning to take shape.

Suddenly the scenery around her changed and she was walking through a field and the sky was the screen in which she watched all the actions taking place on earth. A breeze picked up and softly whipped through her hair and just as abruptly it was there it was gone again. Looking to her left she smiled when she saw Whistler walking in step beside her.

“How has the dark one taken his defeat?” she asked softly

“He hasn’t” the demon said simply

Perplexed Talaria stopped and turned to Whistler a perplexed looking masking her features. There was no way that the vampire was still trying to hold claim to the Slayer.

“Are you to say he still his trying to lay claim on the Slayer?”

“I’m saying Angel has lost it, I can’t even say for sure if he’s all together up there in the head anymore. His actions suggest otherwise…”

Talaria just sighed heavily.

“He will learn in time, his destiny is no longer woven with that of the Slayer. He has his own path now. When we send his new mate to him, he will understand…”

“I hope so because right now he just doesn’t get it”

“He soon will, besides the Slayer and her vampire has now found their seer everything is falling into place. Nothing can stop what has begun now!”

“Well I better get back before Angel knows I’m gone”

Before Talaria could get out another word Whistler faded away with a jaunty swagger. Laughing softly to herself she turned and cast one lingering glance to the two warriors.

The end of days had already long over begun and the side of the light was just now getting its most prized warriors ready for battle. Though they had a late start and some battles have already been lost. They would not loose the war.

With a crack of thunder and cry of triumph Talaria faded from the field and headed back to earth. Soon the Slayer would be returning to the mouth of hell and she would be there to greet her.

End of Chapter 17
Interlude II - Liberation by Tygerlily
This particular chapter is for Anne Rose and her little hint as to my non-Spuffy centered chapter that I lasted posted… soooo how did I do this time Anne?



My Mailing List: http://www.yahoogroups.com/Fanfictions_by_Tygerlily/


Interlude II - Liberation


*--------------------*


The club was dark and it smelled of smoke and sex, male and females alike gyrated against one another. Their sweat soaked bodies pressed up against one another. It was a vampire’s paradise and tonight William the Bloody got to play. Even if only for a little while, his darling mate said he could have a taste so as he prowled the dance floor he was out for blood and nothing was going to ruin his hunt that night.

Eventually he found a delectable little thing of a girl, probably nothing more than 15 perhaps even 16 years old but it was abundantly clear that she was trying to act a lot older. It didn’t matter to him any; she was easy prey and his meal for the evening. He glided across the floor and before the little brunette knew what hit her Spike was dancing next to her pulling her up against him. She smiled and batted her lashes at him thinking it was along the lines of some sort of seduction. Spike just smirked as his ice blue eyes locked with crystal green ones across the room.

He flashed his girl a bit of fang and with a slight nod he knew the girl he had chosen was okay in her book. Leading the unsuspecting girl outside he lightly kissed her on the lips before making her way down to her neck, he instantly cut with the pleasantries and pierced her flesh. As her blood flowed from her neck and passed his lips he couldn’t help the moan that escaped his throat.

Though the intoxicating spell he was under was soon broken by the presence of his mate only a few feet behind him. He turned to face her with a soft growl; it was a cross between one of approval and aggravation. He was still hungry and she interrupted his meal.

“Spike, how many times have I told you not to play with your food” she said with a slight tsking sound and a teasing smile on her pink lips.

The sing-song quality to her voice and the small smile on her lips caused the bleached vampire to smile wolfishly. It seemed as though his darling girl was in the mood for a bit of fun and games. Without another thought he let his meal slip from his arms. She didn’t taste all that good anyway. There was no innocence left in her though he shouldn’t have been surprised with the way she was rubbing up against him only a few moments earlier.

“Aww kitten, no need to be jealousy, you know I’m yours” he whispered softly into her ear

The girl only a few feet away was coming back to herself. She staggered to her feet and with a hand pressed to her neck she looked up only to find the bleached honey she’d found in the arms of another. There was no way she was going to let that fly.

“Hey, get your hands off of him…” she said her voice slurred slightly

The Slayer’s hands froze just above her mate’s belt and he knew that there was no way his girl was going to back down from this challenge and with his member pressing up against his jeans so insistently wasn’t helping him any. All he wanted to do was lift up Buffy’s skirt slam her against the nearest wall and fuck her into oblivion but noooo his meal had to get up and be a pain in the ass. He just sighed heavily and pressed a soft kiss to his mate’s forehead.

“Don’t beat her too hard love” he whispered just before he stepped out of the way and faded back into the shadows.

Now it was just the Slayer and a waif of a brunette left in the low light of the alley way. Buffy’s usually soft green eyes hardened at the sight of the little girl in front of her. She wasn’t jealous per-say it was just the fact that this little bitch tried to claim her mate… didn’t she know that she was nothing more than a quick snack.

“Hey I don’t mind, you can have him… after I’m done with him” she said with a smug smirk

“What’s your name little girl?” Buffy asked with a sneer on her lips

Taken back by the question she only hesitated for a second before giving her name. She didn’t think this tiny blond in front of her was much, granted she was a bit bigger muscle was but that didn’t mean anything. Cassie was sure she could take her.

“Cassie…” she said as if trying it out “It’s cute, unlike you” said with a wicked smile

All of a sudden a soft growl vibrated throughout the alley way and Cassie couldn’t help but jump at the sound. Buffy just smiled as she felt her mate come up behind her. She also knew that he just couldn’t help himself; he never could stay out of confrontation for too long. Cassie was about to smile at the reappearance of her playmate for the evening but the smile soon turned into the frown as she continued to watch him.

All too soon her screams filled the air because without grace or ceremony and with a shake of his head Spike slipped on his demonic guise and just smiled around his fangs. Before she could even turn and make a run for the door his hand shot and grasped her neck. Without hesitation his fangs sunk into her neck and her blood began to flow down his throat. The only thing keeping her from drinking her dry was the feel of his mate’s tiny hands resting on his shoulders.

He gently extracted his fangs from her neck and set her down on the ground. It was clear from her dazed expression that she was feeling the effects of the blood loss but he didn’t take nearly enough for it to be life threatening. Purring in satisfaction he turned and smiled at his lover and she just smiled back before extending her hand to him. Taking her hand in his he lead her out of the alley and out into the night. Raz and Ciro were still inside but he knew Raz wouldn’t mind them leaving early.

As they walked along the darkened London streets Spike was brought back to times past and memories he thought long forgotten. He quickly shook off the uneasiness they brought on. Those times were long past and there was no sense dwelling on them. He looked down at his mate and a sudden wave of lust crashed through his body. Looking around he saw a small alcove that was hidden from view just enough that they wouldn’t be seen.

Saying nothing he just dragged her into the small alley way and shoved her against the cool brick wall, before Buffy could utter a word his lips were on hers in a bruising kiss. Needing no more encouragement Buffy’s arms slid up his body and wrapped around his neck pulling him all the more closer.

He kissed his way down her neck and then back up again to the shell of her ear.

“I need to be inside you” he growled tightening his hands around her breast

The little blonde’s legs nearly buckled at her lover’s plea. She knew there was no way she could last much longer without putting herself though some sort of torture.

“God I know, I can feel it…” she said as her tongue darted out to lick and suck on his neck right around where his pulse would be. Spike groaned aloud and continued to rub his ever growing erection against her

At the feel of her tongue on his neck he lunged forward and pulled her lobe in between his lips and began to suck and nip at her ear. Long elegant fingers lifted up her skirt and tore at the thin excuse for panties she wore beneath. He released his cock and entered her in one quick thrust. Twin moans of satisfaction vibrated throughout the alley way and into the street. Settling inside her for only a moment he began to move as soon as he felt her silken walls flutter around him and her fingers clawing at his back.

He continued to move inside her and when she came the first time he didn’t relent in his movements but increased them. She was moaning and writhing in his arms unable to hold herself up any longer. Their labored breathing could be heard out in the street but non dared to see what was making such carnal noises in the night and the two warriors were left take each other until they both screamed in ecstasy into the night.


*--------------------*


They tumbled into bed in a tangle of limbs and lips. No one was home when they came barreling though the front door locked in a heated embrace. Then Buffy remembered her days with Merrick and how Raz would spend all night and the better part of the day away from where his home was at the time. Though the memory was instantly forgotten as she felt her mate’s fangs scrape lightly against her neck and his hands on her breast.

Spike was completely lost in her scent, it just seemed to surround him and fill the surrounding air. His little girl smelled of vanilla, sex and him. Three wonderful scents all combined together to create one new intoxicating aroma. It had been far too long since they had a good hard fuck. When he finally slipped from her slick heat Buffy was able to think straight just long enough to get them home. Though as soon as she had the key in the door Spike was on her once more and she was again lost.

Spike looked down at the angel now lying in his bed and his unneeded breath caught in his throat. Her hair was splayed out on the pillows and her chest wash heaving with her labored breathing. The Slayer’s flesh a usual golden tan was now flushed and contained a pinkish tinge. Suddenly all of the urgency melted away but none of the passion.

Tiny hands found the collar of his shirt and then slid down to undo the few buttons actually left done from their little romp in the alley way. She then leaned into his neck and began to gently nip and lick the smooth skin she found there. Spike sighed softly and arched his neck to the side giving her easier access. His fingers then found the hem of her shirt and slid his hands underneath rubbing the soft skin he found there. Buffy then rose up and helped him remove the offending garment before retuning to his embrace. He rolled his hands over her breast causing more friction against her already taut nipples. The little blonde couldn’t help but moan in response and began to rock against his knee that was pressed up against her very wet sex.

Spike merely smiled just before ducking down to suck one delectable globe into his mouth while he tugged on the other hard nub with his fingers. Buffy arched up into his mouth while he moved to the other neglected breast, she writhed underneath him begging him to touch her to help her find some sort of release. Eventually left both of her breast and kissed his way back up her body. He suddenly pulled away and she cried out instantly missing his touch. Pressing a finger to her lips he whispered for her to lay still.

He moved off the bed and quickly removed the remainder of his clothing; he then climbed back onto the bed and snuggled up to his lover’s side. He again started to lay soft butterfly kisses along her neck as he slowly worked his way down her body. A moan of anticipation tumbled from his lover’s lips as he laid hot open mouth kisses along her pelvic bone and rubbed her thighs with his strong hands. At the first touch of his lips Buffy arched of the bed, Spike just chuckled knowing how responsive his little girl could be.

He laid soft kisses on her warm center before his tongue snaked out to take a taste of her. The heat radiating off of her was enough to sear his lips and it only made him want her all the more. Every time Buffy tried to rock her hips and arch up into his mouth he would pull away until he just placed a large hand spanning across her abdomen to keep her still. And as the tiny thing in his grasp continued to wiggle and squirm beneath him Spike continued to taste her sweetness, he just couldn’t seem to get enough off her. She was smelled so good and tasted so sweet. He spread her lips and gave a long soft lick to the hard nub he found there causing a new flood of wetness to occur.

“Do you want me here?” he whispered

Buffy merely whimpered and moaned trying to bring him back to the source of her pleasure but he wouldn’t have it, not until she told him exactly what she wanted.

“Yes… please” she gasped out

Spike again lowered his lips to hers and began to lick her from top to bottom. One of his long elegant fingers then found her wet core and began to move slowly inside her. All too soon his tongue quickened in pace causing her to come against his lips. His cock throbbed painfully against the bed, the scent of her arousal and completion filled the air not helping the situation any.

The vampire rose up on his knees and looked down at his woman, she was a delicious sight. Her hair was tousled and her lips were full and bruised from his kisses and her skin was flushed. She was absolutely fuckable and all HIS and that was all that mattered. Spike slid up her body like a large cat before settling between her thighs. He entered her slowly leaving just the head inside her slick heat. Buffy just moaned at the feel of him inside, she then wrapped her legs around him pulling him in deeper.

Buffy’s silken walls fluttered and clenched around him as she felt him begin to move inside her. Spike slowly slid out of her and then just as slowly back inside, making each movement more deliciously painful than the last. Soon their pace was no longer as tempered or as steady. Spike pressed his cool forehead up against hers as he pushed inside of her. Their eyes locked and Buffy’s head fell to the side baring her neck for her lover.

Spike knew she was close and as he felt his balls tighten, he sped up slamming into her harder and faster before his face slipped into his demonic visage. And just as his lover’s body began to shake he lunged forward and slipped his fangs into her neck. As her hot blood flowed from her artery and passed his lips her cries could be heard throughout the room. The feel of her contracting and clenching around him caused him to loose the last bit of control he possessed and he spilt his seed deep within her.

As he collapsed on top of her he continued to softly lick the wounds he created while he continued to move lazily within her. Though his movements eventually stopped he still remained within her heat as he just buried his face in the crook of her neck. He looked up at her and saw that her eyes were closed her lips were parted and just begging to be kissed. He leaned forward and moved in for a gentle kiss. Again Buffy couldn’t help but sigh softly into his mouth as he kissed her. His lips were so soft and gentle, she couldn’t ever think of a kiss this good.

“Are you alright?” he asked softly

“Yes Will, I’m fine” she replied just as softly

He could sense that something was off. But he didn’t want to push too much so he just continued to lay soft kisses along her throat and collar bone as he one of his hands massaged her breast. His member finally slipped from her depths and Buffy couldn’t help but moan at the loss. Spike just curled up next to her pulling her heated body close to his.

“I didn’t frighten you did I?” he asked after awhile

Buffy then turned lazily in his embrace and traced his features with her eyes.

“I am perfectly fine… it’s just never been…”

“… like that before. I know” he finished for her

“Oh Will, I just think things are changing… but for the better”

They both smiled simultaneously and Spike thought he’d never seen a more beautiful site. Her lips were swollen and puffy, her hair was in disarray and her chest still heaved with the efforts of their lovemaking… she was absolutely breathtaking.

“I love you”

Spike smiled and replied in kind, he then couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped him as he saw his little girl yawn and shake her head like a small kitten trying to keep awake. He pulled her close and placed a lingering kiss on her lips before tucking her head beneath his chin, reaching around he then pulled the blankets around them before joining his mate in a much needed nap.

End of Interlude II
A Seer for the Slayer by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 18/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)


My Mailing List: http://www.yahoogroups.com/Fanfictions_by_Tygerlily/


Chapter 18 – A Seer for the Slayer


*--------------------*


Ciro and Raz stayed hidden deep in the shadows of the club, which in reality wasn’t all that hard to do. Raz had known the instant that Buffy and Spike left the club; he also couldn’t help the small smirk to cross his face. It was no secret how much the two were in love with each other; they could hardly keep their hands off of one another on the way to the club. It was only a matter of time before they would slip away; he was surprised they lasted so long. The nitric demon also had no doubts that they’d easily find their way back to the flat.

Leaning back in one of the club’s plush chairs he spared a glance at Ciro. She basically had her wolf under control and very rarely changed unless she wished it but being in places such as this only intensified the need. He just had to be sure that she was handling herself, though he should’ve known by now that there was never any real reason to worry. Though what did catch his attention was his companions’ avid interest with the dance floor below.

“What has caught you interest dear Ciro?” his breath caressing the shell of her ear

The werewolf merely smiled and nodded her head in the direction of young man near the bar below; he was recognizable to the pair. The Slayer alone was not just known in the demon world; her friends were also known as well.

“It can’t be… can it?” his face a mask of confusion

“It is… I can feel it” she replied simply

Downstairs the blue haired wolf couldn’t help the feeling of familiarity that washed over him as soon as he entered the club. The club itself smelled of sex and sweat but there was something else. There was a distinct scent that he just couldn’t identify but was oddly calming… in the end he decided that to just let it go but there still was a slight nagging in the back of his mind.

“Hey, wanna dance?”

As soon as he heard her voice a warm feeling ran down his spine. Turning to face the anonymous offer his eyes widened slightly as the finally fell on the woman before him. She was beautiful; standing only about 5’5 with the most beautiful blue eyes he’d ever seen but what really caught his attention was her hair. It fell almost to her waist and was streaked purple… he beyond interested.

“I don’t dance” he replied

“Okay, then buy me a drink” she said with a small smile

He couldn’t help but smile in return, offering up the seat next to him she easily slid in beside him as he ordered another rum and coke for himself. Then of course asking her what she’d like to drink, ordering a vodka tonic she turned back to the man sitting beside her.

“So last I heard you were in Tibet… which is NO where near London” she said cutting right to the chase. Ciro really saw no point in dancing around the subject. This of course caught her fellow wolf off guard, he had no idea who this woman was but it was clear that she has some idea as to who he was.

“Who are you?” asking the first question that came to his mind

Ciro just smiled she knew her question would cause him to be curious but that was exactly what she was going for. She wanted to see if she could get the wolf home with her. Raz talked about how though the Slayer and wolf weren’t always close they did have somewhat of a bond. It would be nice for her to see her friend again and Ciro wanted to do that for Buffy.

“I’m a friend… I’m more like a friend of a friend. I’m sure you remember Buffy”

“Buffy, she’s here?” he asked with surprise

“Yea, she’s here and I know she’d love to see a familiar and friendly face”

For some reason he trusted the young woman in front of him. Normally he wouldn’t have even given her the time of day, with a past like his and with friends like his you had enemies whether you wanted them or not. There was also her scent, she didn’t smell like a threat… she smelt more like family than anything else but that was something he just didn’t want to analyze at the moment.

“Alright, I wouldn’t mind seeing a friendly face myself”

Ciro just smiled a quick smile and told him to wait right there. Hoping up out of her seat she turned and made her way toward the upper level. Quickly grabbing Raz and dragging him back down to the lower level telling him they had to leave the club. Not even introducing Raz to their new companion she dragged both men out of the club and into the cool night air. Walking the few blocks back to the car then and only then did she introduce the two men.

“Raz this is Oz, Oz this Raz… ooo look at that it rhymed”

“Hey man” Oz said

“Nice to meet you” Raz replied

“Soooo lets get going guys!” Ciro said as she enthusiastically hopped into the front seat

“Is she always that perky?”

“No… never”

“hum”

And with that the two men climbed into the car and drove off into the night.


*--------------------*


Spike silently rolled over reaching for the warm body that wasn’t there. Grasping the warm sheets he was startled awake when his hands came up empty. Blue eyes flashed open and searched the darkened room for his mate. His undead heart instantly quieted when he saw her sitting near the window her knees tucked up to her chest her face leaning against the glass. He couldn’t help but stare; she was lovely wrapped in a crisp white sheet that accenting her tanned skin and the night was clear so the moonlight streamed in through the window panes highlighting her long blonde hair… he was falling in love all over again.

“What are you doing up princess? He asked softly

Buffy turned towards the bed startled slightly; she hadn’t even heard her mate awake from his nap. After they’d made love they both had fallen asleep but blissful unconsciousness didn’t stay with the Slayer for long. Waking abruptly in her mate’s arms she didn’t want him to wake also she slowly but easily slipped from his embrace and padded softly across the room to look out the window, which was about an hour ago. She’d been lost in thought ever since.

“Couldn’t sleep” she said simply

But the bleached vampire knew that instant that it wasn’t that simple. Something was on his Slayer’s mind he just wasn’t sure what. Though ever since early that evening something shifted in the air, something was changing, something was coming he just wasn’t sure what. And if he was right Buffy could feel it too. Sighing softly he rose from the bed and padded softly across the room uncaring about his nudity, he long ago grew more than comfortable with his body. He coaxed her to scoot forward and slid in behind her pulling her back against his chest and together they looked out into the night.

Eventually he again broke the comfortable silence the two of them shared.

“’Lizabeth what is it? I know something is wrong…” he whispered softly

Buffy couldn’t help but sigh heavily and sink further into his loving embrace. She knew there was no avoiding the subject; he’d used her true name. Her head lolled to the side baring her neck and his mark to him, leaning forward his tongue darted out and softly licked his mark causing a small moan to tumble from his lover’s lips.

“Lizzy talk to me…” he said as he nibbled on the shell of her ear

“I don’t know, just I guess so much has changed in such a short amount of time when you really think about it. I mean practically 5 months ago my mother was alive and healthy and Dawn was still just as annoying as ever and you were my annoying but loveable shadow…”

Spike chuckled at that but kept silent as he waited for her to continue.

“… and then everything changed. Mom died and then the fight with Glory and then Dawn just… god everything use to be so simple, but now…” she trailed off unsure as to how to continue

“Now everything isn’t as black and white as it use to be” he offered

“That’s the thing; I’m not your garden variety Slayer. I’ve always known that there are gray areas in this world, not everything is as it seems but…”

Pausing in mid-sentence she seemed to be struggling with what she was trying to say, so he kept quiet and just waited for her to continue.

“… I remember back in high school everything was so simple; Willow, Xander, Giles and I… we were like the dream team almost… I mean a big bad would show up, we’d fight hard, we’d win and then we’d party… that’s how it always was. I think things changed the day Angel left…”

Buffy felt her mate tense at the name of his supposed sire but he made no objections or comments so she knew it was safe to continue on.

“… I know he’s not your favorite person but for the longest time, he was my world. I gave him everything I had inside me and then some. I truly believed in my heart of hearts that he was the one. I mean ever since I was called I had no one to connect with, no one that truly knew what it was like for me… but he did. And then everything with Angelus just really screwed it all up but when he came back… it was really awkward and uncomfortable but only at first. By the time prom was coming around things were getting better… or at least I thought so, I guess just being with me wasn’t enough… so he left… God Will he just left me, he told me he loved me and yet he left me…”

A broken sob filled the room and Spike just pulled her closer offering her silent comfort. He knew that there was more she had to say and he didn’t want to interrupt. This was what he had wanted from the minute she asked him to leave Sunnydale. She was finally beginning to let go of old demons… now she truly would be his and that was all he wanted all along.

“… sorry, guess I kinda lost it for a sec, No so as I was saying. Things really just got messed that year that was the year the Scoobies almost split, I guess we all did a bit of growing that year, becoming our own persons but somewhere along the way we lost one another. And though we found our way back, I don’t think… no I know we lost something that year and we never got it back. I even found out from Willow that Giles almost left me that year… and then Glory came. I don’t think I need to summarize that tale for you. And now I’m here with you…”

“Is that such a bad thing?” he had to ask

Buffy immediately turned in his embraced and looked up at him with wide innocent eyes. Moisture pooled within her emerald depths, she never meant to make her mate feel unwanted she just wanted him to know what was going on inside her.

“God no, I love being with you, I love belonging to you, I love you… I’m just saying that so much has changed so fast I sometimes don’t know what’s going on inside my head… but I do know what’s going on inside my heart, I wouldn’t give you up for anything. William, I need you… in so many ways I always have, even when we were enemies…” she said with a smile

“I knew you always fancied me” he smiled jokingly

”Can get you get over yourself for just a second?”

“I suppose, go on with what you were saying” he huffed

Buffy just smiled and shook her head; he always seemed to know how to lighten her mood no matter what she was feeling at the time.

“Thank you, but seriously… before you slaying was just a job I had to do. I found the big bad, killed it and moved on. But you were the one that kept getting away you soon became my…”

“… Obsession, I know because you became mine, Drusilla would constantly tell me how you surrounded me. At the time I just believed it was because you were the Slayer and you were the one that I couldn’t kill. You weren’t like the brochure that’s for sure. You had friends and family helping you, which was an added factor I hadn’t counted on. Most Slayers if they live long enough do eventually have a death wish… but you, what you had was something to live for… When I made that deal with you and I got myself and Dru out of Sunnydale I headed straight for South America. Drusilla always said how she liked it there so I went for Brazil. At first everything seem to be fine but then she would just blatantly flaunt her… conquests in front of me… said I tasted of ashes and she needed to find her pleasures somewhere… “

“Wow, what a bitch” she said softly

Spike just looked down at her stunned for a moment before a hearty laugh bubbled up inside of him and tumbled from his lips. It seemed as though it was infectious and Buffy couldn’t help but join in.

“She really was a bitch wasn’t she?” he asked half serious

“I have to so” she replied

And just as suddenly as their laughter started it stopped. Spike’s thumb lazily rubbed Buffy’s bottom lip and he couldn’t help the small moan that broke through when her tongue darted out to wet her lips.

“William…” she whispered

Spike groaned aloud at the sight of her little pink tongue darting out to moisten her lips and that breathy whisper of hers wasn’t helping. Swiftly gathering her up into his arms he quickly devised her of the sheet that was wrapped around her body while laying her back down on the soft bedding. He sometimes still had trouble believing that she was his.

Crawling up her body he began to lay soft kisses on her neck and collar bone, his hands were gentle and soft as they moved up and down her body and glided across her skin. Buffy instantly knew that something was different with her mate, they’d made love and just fucked each other more times than she could count but this was different, he’d never been this gentle, this tender before, it was almost painful and she loved every minute of it.

As he moved down her body he began to leave hot open mouthed kisses on just above her breast, the bare skin of his upper chest rubbing against her nipples, the friction causing them to pebble and harden beneath him. Her warm little body writhed and bucked beneath him trying to find the release it so desperately needed. She tried to slide her fingers into his hair only to be stopped and pinned with an icy gaze. With one look she knew that if she moved again, she probably be left wanting so with a resigned yet frustrated sigh she flopped back down onto the bed giving herself over to the pleasures Spike’s lips and tongue had to offer.

She gasped as she felt icy lips wrap around her nipple and began to suckle. Nipping softly at the hardened nub his fingers wandered over to the neglected breast to tug and pinch the hardened nub he found there. His lover continued to pant and squirm beneath him as he buried his face within the softness of her breast; licking the skin he found there he continued to slowly descend down her body.

He began to press cool kisses to her inner thighs, all the while moving closer to her swollen center. Hesitating at first his tongue darted out to give a soft lick her clit. At this Buffy’s hips surged off the bed only to be pushed back down by her mate’s powerful hands and to be sure it didn’t happen again a firm but gentle hand was placed on one of her hips and a hoarse whisper of don’t move was said his unneeded breath caressing the wet flesh before him.

As his cool tongue continued to explore her warm center Buffy couldn’t help but rock her hips slightly all because of the tiny shivers of pleasure running up and down her spine. Pulling away he glided up her body as she pulled him in for a bruising kiss tasting her juices on his lips and tongue as she explored his mouth. Feeling the head of his erection brush up against her she surged her hips forward welcoming him into her body.

Spike needed no further invitation and immediately slid al the way into the hilt. A low growl vibrated throughout the room as the vampire felt his mate’s walls ripple and clench around him as he filled her. Wrapping her legs around his lean waist she tried to pull him in even deeper than he already was; Spike gritted his teeth as he tried to gain some semblance of control or it would all be over before he started. Once he was sure he was okay he proceeded to slide in and out of her welcoming heat eventually his pace became more frenzied as she push back up against him. Buffy’s legs dropped from around him as she dug her heels into the bed drying to keep up with the force of his thrust. As he felt her first orgasm take her he pushed her legs up opening her up even wider for his advances and began to move even faster.

Buffy was lost the sensations he was creating throughout her body were intoxicating and mind numbing she could barely keep pace with him as she thrashed and writhed beneath him. He knew he was close and he knew she was too, as he felt her walls flutter his human guise melted away revealing the demon he was.

“Who do you belong to?” he asked harshly as he continued to pound into her

Startled slightly by the question and still having trouble thinking at all she didn’t answer him right away which didn’t seem to sit well with him at all.

“Who do you belong to Slayer?” he asked again

Finally realizing what he asked of her, her answer was instantaneous.

“Yours, only yours” she said breathily

With that he lunged forward and bit into her lush breast and began to drink deeply. The scream that filled the room was somewhat of a cross between pleasure and pain, though neither of them was really sure nor did they care. After a few more thrust with a deep growl he emptied his seed within her warm body, that sensation alone causing his mate to come again with him.

His body sated he collapsed on top of her, still buried deep inside of her. His head lay on the soft mounds of her breast as he leisurely licked at the twin puncture wounds he created there. A soft purr formed in his chest at the feel of her soft fingers running slowly through his hair as her hot blood ran through his body. Sighing softly he let the blanket of sleep take him his manhood still buried within her heat and his lips on her breast. Buffy looked down at her mate under hooded eyes and couldn’t help but smile softly at the sight she saw and not too long after she too let the blanket of sleep taker her, still wrapped in her mate’s arms.


*--------------------*


The sun was already high in the sky as the two blondes sat at the island in the kitchen both sipping on mugs of hot chocolate. Buffy couldn’t help but smile as she watched her mate pout when he was unable to find any of the mini marshmallows he liked so much.

After they had woken up again they made love two more times before deciding it was time to get up and greet the day as it were. After a shower which took much longer than expected since Spike figured showering together would save water… it didn’t. They wandered the two floors and found that neither Ciro nor Raz had returned that night. At first Spike was worried but then Buffy informed him of Raz’s disappearing acts and that Ciro was more than likely the same way.

So they decided to figure out what they were going to do next. Buffy hadn’t really had a chance to really see London yet and Spike intended to show her anything her little heart wanted to see. They couldn’t very well stay with Raz forever and they couldn’t keep traveling, he eventually wanted Buffy to have a permanent home of her own. So they began to discuss their options and all the different ways of going about things and what they would do should the Scoobs find them again.

As they were making plans to go to Paris in the up coming weeks a loud crash was heard indicating someone or something just came barreling through the front door. Their hot chocolates and mini marshmallows were instantly forgotten as they both bounded for the front door what greeted them was something neither of them ever expected to see.

“Oh my god, what the…”

A bruised and cut up Ciro dragged in a blood soaked Raz into the foyer with the help of an equally cut up Oz. All three looked as thought they’d been in a knocked down drag out fight and from the looks of things the other guy won.

“We have a problem…” Oz said

“Well what is it?” Spike asked because it was obvious from the look on Buffy’s face she was still in too much of a shock from seeing Oz again and the damage done to a friend of hers he took charge.

“Drusilla”

End of Chapter 18

**Laughs Manically**

Drusilla is back! Well what is going to happen next is anyone's guess... if you want more a review is always nice
Lost and... by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 19/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)


Call of the Slayer http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood


Chapter 19 - Lost and…


*--------------------*


“Not Drusilla exactly more like on of her low life minions but we were able to get out if out of him who his master was and of course his reply was…”

“Drusilla…” he asked softly

This seemed to bring instantly bring back Buffy from her Oz induced stupor. She couldn’t help but take in the expression that now marred her lover’s face. Just earlier this morning they were talking about all of Dru’s crimes against him while they were together and though on some level they still hurt he claimed he was over them but by the look on his face now, that statement seemed to be untrue. Fear of the worst kind crashed through her body as she thought about what the insane vampires’ reappearance might mean.

Trying to shake of the feeling of dread that had just come over her, she moved forward and took Raz into her arms, her strength alone was enough to support him as she guided him over to the couch. Kneeling beside him she sent Ciro and Oz on a mission for some hot water, towels, some soap and clean bandages. That left Spike standing in the hallway alone as he watched his mate tend to the Nitric demon’s wounds.

The bleached vampire was still lost in his own thoughts; he never thought he’d actually see Dru again let alone have a sideways encounter with her. Though he was with Buffy now and he loved her, he truly did; Drusilla was his sire. There would always be some type of feeling there… right? He was pulled from his reverie by the sound of someone calling his name, though he wasn’t sure as to whom.

“SPIKE!”

Turning his startled eyes towards his mate he looked at her in askance.

“Spike I need you go out with Ciro, find out what the hell is going on. Oz and I will stay here and look after Raz… if Dru is really back and making a play for us then we need to be ready…” And with that her full attention was back to tending for Raz’s wounds.

“… yea but the sun…”

“Don’t worry about it, there’s a sewer access entrance right downstairs, Raz had it put in when we first got the place…” Ciro replied

“You’ll be fine” Buffy reassured

Ciro said nothing as she breezed passed the vampire and back towards the door. There was no way she was going to let this bitch get away with what she did to Raz; Spike’s sire or not, she was going to kill the brunette vampire in the most painful way possible. Spike was only hesitated for a second before throwing his duster over his shoulders as he followed Ciro down the stairs coat tails billowing out behind him.

Emerald colored eyes stared at the space her mate just vacated for a few agonizing moments before a small moan from her fallen friend caused her to return to the task at hand, though the tiny Slayer couldn’t help but wonder if this was a sign of things to come.


*--------------------*


The shadow moved through the dark alley ways with ease, he pace was swift as he moved through the darkness of the night, his features shadowed by the low light of the street lamps. The cobblestones in the back alley were riddled with puddles so with every step dirty water would splash up on to the figures boots. Finally reaching his destination he pushed unlocked the heavy door and slowly entered the darkened room.

The room was dark, damp and cold; the sound of leaking pipes could be heard and the squeal of rats that continued to scurry across the floor was another common sound. The click of heels could be heard throughout the room as they connected with the cement floor. The shadow glided through the room but soon came to an abrupt halt at a steel door nestled in the corner of the vast room.

Knocking only once before he pushed the door open and proceeded inside.

The room that lay behind the old steel door was nothing like the one next to it. Though it was dimly lit it was easy to see that it was lavishly furnished and had quite a Victorian feel to it. A dark haired woman with pale almost translucent skin laid on the bed her dark eye vacant and unseeing.

“Mistress…”

“Shhh, she worries ever so” she said distantly

The vampire looked at his mistress with understanding eyes, she was his sire and he’d been with her ever since he was turned back in Los Angeles almost a year ago. The boy couldn’t be anymore than 19 years of age and standing at approximately 5’11 with his gangly form his was nothing really of a threat. His messy brown hair and pale blue eyes did give him a certain boyish charm which seems to work in his favor a lot of the time.

For some reason she had taken to him and decided to keep him with her for some time. Though he found no pleasures in her bed, he was able to deal with her moods and her insane ramblings where as most could not. There was only one other being in the world that was able to deal with Drusilla just as well as he was able to. It was her first childe, she spoke of him often… her William.

“The stars are whispering things again, such dreadful things… “

“What are they saying?” he asked that being the proper response

Drusilla slowly rose from the bed and began to glide around the room, humming some song she alone knew the melody to. Her dark eyes were hazed an unfocused but glittered with mischief. Groaning softly she moved toward the vampire before her, she liked him well enough so she kept him around but he was no substitute for her sweet William but the Slayer had to come along and snap him up just like she did her daddy. Sighing heavily she continued her silent dance but just as suddenly as she started; she stopped.

Her eyes grew wide as she heard the voices whisper to her.

“What is it?”

“The sun no longer burns as brightly as it should, she has no idea that the darkness is coming for her. Poor thing, the moon will mourn her though… such wicked things are going to happen” she said cryptically

“What sort of wicked things?” he asked truly curious

“Things you can’t even begin to imagine, they walk in worlds they themselves have no idea exist. There’s a door and it’s opening… its come for her, soon there will be nothing left… just the dark”

Drake could only stand there and watch his sire as she continued to see things that no one else could, she was truly a beauty and he had no intention of leaving her anytime soon, in some odd way he loved her but not the way you loved another lover it was almost paternal. In a sudden moment of clarity she turned toward her childe. The male vampire had never seen his sire’s eyes so clear and lucid. He was almost concerned for her.

“Drake, we must go…”

“Go where?”

And just as the moment was there it was gone.

“The sun is so lost, we must go to her”

End of Chapter 19
... Found by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 20/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)

Author Note: This is NOT a songfic, but I heard this song and then saw the words and it fit perfectly for the chapter so I decided to use it. Again I make no claim to the song or the lyrics, its all Evanescence


Call of the Slayer http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood


Chapter 20 - … Found


*--------------------*


Ciro and Spike headed back to the flat in a companionable silence, the sun had set only an hour or so before but it was dark enough that Spike wouldn’t fit in ash tray if he was to venture forth from the underground tunnels that lay beneath London’s streets. Both were lost in deep thought and neither of them really spoke the entire reconnaissance mission. Spike was too busy thinking of Drusilla and of times long past and also as to why she’d be making a play for them now. Ciro on the other hand was just concerned for Raz; he’d always taken care of her from the time her pack was killed in Milan, Italy when she was only 15 years old.

‘I just don’t understand why Dru would be looking for me now, especially after all this time. I mean I know she came back looking for me just before everything with Joyce and Glory but she also said that I was lost and she couldn’t help me anymore… so why now?’ The bleached vampire continued to ask himself he still just couldn’t seem to figure out what her fascination might be and then another possibility came to him.

‘Then again it might Buffy; Dru was always the jealous type. Even back in Sunnydale she would always say how Buffy filled my head, said I didn’t love her anymore, which was so untrue… at the time anyway. But what the hell would she want with Buffy besides the fact that she’s the Slayer… Drusilla was never one up for a fight unless she had to…” As Spike continued his musing Ciro couldn’t help but do some thinking of her own on the way back.

‘God what if that bastard had actually gotten to Raz? No I can’t think that way, now that Buffy, Spike and even Oz are here its almost like a team, we just gotta stick together and everything will work out… right? Oh that’s great Ciro now you’re talking to yourself. Shake it off, just concentrate on getting back to Raz. He’s probably almost healed what with his abilities and Buffy taking care of him. I just need to calm down, he’s probably back to bitchin’ and complaining as usually.’ Ciro continued with her musings as she and the vampire rounded the corner only a few feet from the apartment.

Ciro strode quickly up the walk way and pushed open the door instantly knowing something was wrong. Spike stepped in behind her and his nostrils flared at the smell of all the blood. Both ran towards the living room and the sight that greeted them both was enough for Ciro to turn and lose the contents of her stomach while Spike’s demonic visage immediately took over his human guise.

Blood

And it was everywhere; the crimson liquid seemed to be splattered and spilled everywhere thought by the grace of god it didn’t seem to be all of Buffy’s. Scanning the room quickly Raz was passed out unconscious on the couch where they had left him but neither Buffy nor Oz were found. Ciro ran to Raz’s side checking to see if he was still alive and she let out a cry of relief when he let out a low groan and brought a hand to his head.

“What the fuck happened?” Raz bit out

“I was about to ask you the same thing…” Spike all but growled

Just then a low groan could be heard coming from behind the overturned coffee table and a disheveled and bruised Oz struggled to his feet. Looking a bit confused at first he soon recognized his surroundings and the three pairs of eyes trained on him.

“Oz, man you alright?” Raz asked

“Uh, yea I think so… but wait, where’s Buffy?” Oz asked confused

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out, and Raz doesn’t remember anything. I’m hoping to god that you on the other hand DO remember at least something” Ciro said though her eyes were trained on Spike the entire time and he seemed to be slowly loosing all rational thought.

“Ummm, right okay. Well it wasn’t too long after you guys left that these guys just came rushing in and they weren’t vamps I know that much but they weren’t human either. There was about 4 maybe 5 of them but they surprised us… or Buffy rather. I tried to fight but I got knocked out and obviously Raz was no help… they must’ve taken her. Just before I blacked out I remember seeing Buffy fighting three of them but they didn’t seem to want her… like they wanted her alive or something” he explained

“Could it be Drusilla?” Ciro asked

“I don’t know… this doesn’t seem like Dru’s style. First off she’s way too whacked out in the head to have some serious planning like capturing a Slayer; she had to have some sort of help. Unless something has changed drastically within her which I highly doubt. She’s my sire and I was with her for over hundred years… one can’t just change over night… something else is involved here… what I don’t know” The vampire mused

“Well we have to…” Before the Nitric demon could finish the blonde vampire began to tear the room apart even more so, the trio just stood to the side and watched with wide eyes and Spike ripped and tore at anything that wasn’t tacked down to the floor. And finally when it was all over he dropped to his knees in broken sobs. He’d lost the one thing he needed and cared for most in this world and he wasn’t sure he’d ever get her back.

As blood tinged tears poured from his ice blue eyes and streamed down his pale cheeks he tried to reach out through the bond he had with Buffy seeing if he could feel her there, just so he could comfort himself with the fact that she was alive but the gentle hum that used to always be there was now quiet and dead and it left the bleached vampire fearing the worst.


*--------------------*


Buffy groaned as she awoke her head felt as though it was being split in two. She wasn’t sure as to where she was but she knew that she was lying on a soft bed and in the low light of the candles scattered throughout the room she could also tell she wasn’t alone. Then she heard it, the low gentle hum of a young woman in the corner of the room. The little blonde couldn’t hold in the surprised gasp as her companion stepped into the light and she caught a glimpse of her face. And though her face was shrouded in shadow Buffy instantly knew who it was.

“Drusilla…” she said softly

“Shhh, it’s coming for you. It’s a game, it wants to win but it can’t. Though it’s already found you…” She said with a dreamy look in her eyes

“What’s coming for me? I don’t understand” Buffy asked

And then with the utmost sincerity Drusilla regarded her with almost sane eyes.

“Of course not silly girl; you’re not meant to understand, not yet anyway.”

“Dru just explain to me what am I doing here…”

The dark vampire’s head lolled to the side and she began to hum and soon her melodic voice filled the space as she sang a song from a life time ago.

Sleep, baby, sleep,
Thy papa guards the sheep;
Thy mama shakes the dreamland tree
And from it fall sweet dreams for thee,
Sleep, baby, sleep

Buffy just looked frightened as the dark vampire began to twirl around the room her long silky black hair flowing behind her. Her long muscled arms spread out while the skirt of her dress twirled around her body.

Sleep, baby, sleep,
Our cottage vale is deep;
The little lamb is on the green,
With woolly fleece so soft and clean,
Sleep, baby, sleep

Drusilla suddenly stopped dancing and turned to look at Buffy with wide seemingly innocent eyes. Again Buffy was couldn’t help the small shivers of fear that flowed throughout her body.

“My mummy use to sing that song to me, every night when I was little girl and I couldn’t sleep; she’d come in my room and hold me in her lap and rock me while singing that song”

Not knowing what to say to something like that Buffy said the first thought that came to mind at the time.

“It’s a very pretty song” she said softly

And with that the little bit of clarity again left Drusilla’s eyes.

“It is, isn’t it… do want to hear the rest? Do you want to see how it ends?” she asked

“Yes…” though Buffy wasn’t sure which question she was saying yes to

Sleep, baby, sleep,
Down where the woodbines creep;
Be always like the lamb so mild,
A kind and sweet and gentle child,
Sleep, baby, sleep

Drusilla just smiled enigmatically as she began to float across the room again.

And just as suddenly the madness started it stopped; Drusilla slowly walked toward the bed and sat herself gently next to Buffy on the soft duvet. The tiny blonde knew that she was still weak from the blow earlier and wasn’t too sure she’d be able to fight off the mad vampire if it came to that.

“You will take care of him… won’t you?”

“Take care of whom?” The Slayer asked

“Sweet Will, he will be lost without you… but for now you will be the one in the dark. But don’t be afraid he will come for you, the dark may be frightening at first but then it whispers the most wonderful of things…” she said dreamily

“I don’t understand…” Buffy said fearfully

“You will…”

End of Chapter 20
Fragments by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 21/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)

Author Note: I am not trying to preach to anyone but I was brainstorming on how I wanted some of Drusilla’s actions and speech to be and this is what I came up with so some of Drusilla’s dialogue is taken from certain text. Please don’t be offended by any of it. I’m not bashing God, Jesus Christ or whoever else nor am I endorsing them I just found a lot of the writings worked into my story for Drusilla’s crazy ramblings… okay I’m finished.
(Ezek. 28:17), (Ezek. 28:16), (Isa. 14:13), (2 Cor. 11:14), (John 8:44), (Luke 4:7).

WARNING: In this particular chapter this a bit of F/F action; nothing too serious. Mostly kissage but I do know that offends some people so I just wanted to let all of you know. And this particular chapter is a bit darker than the rest…


Call of the Slayer http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood


Chapter 21 – Fragments


*--------------------*


~The thick crimson liquid flowed from her lips and slid down the column of her throat marring the silky, pale skin there. A low purr tumbled forth from her lips as she felt the sweet liquid slid past her mouth and touched her tongue. The body in her arms was cold and limp and she’d never felt more alive than she did right then.

Buffy could feel the darkness pressing in around her, the chaos that was going on inside her head making it difficult to focus on just one thought. She could see numerous images flash before her eyes, some too fast to even distinguish as to what they really were.

Then suddenly everything stopped; she was alone in the dark and the silence was deafening. It began to press in on her and finally her emerald colored eyes look down at the body in her arms and she let out a horrified shriek when she recognized the slack face staring back up at her.

Cold brown eyes that were dead and unseeing, his soft brown locks fell over his slack face. His lips cold and chapped were parted slightly from the last breath he took as she sipped his life away. Her entire body began to tremble as his still form slipped from her embrace. Wide emerald eyes looked down at her arms and hands and what she saw caused her to scream.

Rivulets of blood streamed down her pale almost translucent arms warming her cool skin. It soaked her flesh and the smell alone was intoxicating. She could feel her face shifting and she couldn’t help but feel her bones shift with the change. Her tongue darted forward to feel her elongated canines nicking herself in the process. She couldn’t help but moan softly at the taste.

The sound of soft footsteps soon filled the space and Buffy turned toward the sound but was still unable to see the person coming toward her. Suddenly the click of heels stopped and a low groan filled the air and then the figure stepped into the light.

She practically floated her way toward the little blonde; a crazed look glittered within her dark blue eyes as her long hair flowed down her back like spun silk. Her skin was as pale as the moon and as cool as ice. She was truly a vision and Buffy was entranced by her.

A long elegant finger traced a path down the column of Buffy’s throat and the tiny Slayer couldn’t help but shiver at the action. The small smile that graced the brunette’s face did not go unnoticed by her companion. Buffy couldn’t help the small intake of breath as she felt gentle hands move to cup her breast.

Leaning down Drusilla’s lips just brushed against the shell of Buffy’s ear and the shiver that throughout the little blonde’s body was the exact reaction Dru was looking for.

“He is the dragon and the serpent; he is also not the only evil spirit active in this world. They all slither and slink the dark, it’s where they thrive, its where the rule” she whispered darkly

Buffy went limp in her arms as she felt a cool tongue softly lick the shell of her ear. Her chest rose and fell with each breath as they pressed up against Drusilla’s cool skin. The little blonde’s head lolled to the side as the gentle touch of icy lips began to leave a hot trail along the column of her throat.

Without ceremony Drusilla’s ethereal features shifted and her human guise slowly melted away. Pulling the tiny Slayer close her fangs descended and pierced the supple flesh of her throat. Warm, spicy blood flowed from her Slayer’s throat and into her mouth. Drusilla moaned at the tasted of it and couldn’t help but shudder at the power of it as it began to flow through her veins.

Small hands began to scratch and pull at her arms, Buffy was now frightened. Drusilla continued to slowly but steadily sip from her throat and she could feel her life slipping away with each passing moment. Then suddenly she slipped from the vampires’ arms. Her usually warm green eyes were hooded and dazed and as she looked up at the dark haired beauty she was sure she didn’t want to know what was going to happen next.

Blood dripped from her fangs and they glistened in the low light. Her face was shrouded in shadow but it was easy to see the saffron colored eyes that were staring back down at her. Even they glowed with the insanity that consumed the seemingly young woman before her.

“Lifted up by his beauty and his influence, he conceived in his heart the ambition to rise further, even to become the equal of God… he has the power to assume dazzling magnificence, becoming an angel of light… I warn you, watch for him or he will consume you…” ~

A crack of thunder and rumbled throughout the darkened room and not too long after a bolt of lighting lit up the sky and for a few moments the room was brighter. The rain continued to pelt the window panes. Buffy rolled over in the bed as she tried to catch her breath. A fine sheen of sweat coated her body and she kicked the comforter down to her feet hoping the cool air of the room would help calm her down, rolling back over onto her back as she remembered the dream that had just recently woken her up from a dead sleep.

Drusilla sat in the corner of the room where Miss. Edith sat in her lap quiet as a mouse. She had made sure that they were both to stay quiet as mice as her little Slayer slept. Miss. Edith was whispering all sorts of things to her; saying things like the naughty Slayer will try and hurt them but Drusilla just told her to hush and that she would have no cake with her tea.

Looking up towards the bed Drusilla was pleased to see that Buffy was awake, though she knew that she was upset by the way her heart pounded beneath her chest and her erratic breathing.

“What troubles you little one?” she asked from the dark

Buffy was startled but only for a moment and then she once again began to relax into the bed sheets though she did eventually answer the vampires’ question.

“I had a dream… it was…” she trailed off still lost in the memory of it

“It was absolutely sinful” she rasped in her ear

The little blonde jumped when she felt Drusilla’s cool unneeded breath against her ear. Turning to face the vampire she was surprised that she hadn’t heard her cross the room so quickly nor did she feel the bed dip with her companion’s slight weight. Drusilla pulled herself closer to the Slayer as one of her hands reached out to cup one of the blonde’s small but very full breasts. Buffy arched into her touch even as she kept her eyes locked onto Drusilla’s. Throwing one muscled leg across her tanned thighs Dru leaned forward and began to leave wet open mouthed kisses along her collar bone while slowly moving down to the swell of her breasts.

Buffy was lost she’d never let another woman touch her this way before but she couldn’t seem to find the words to tell Drusilla to stop though she doubted that the dark vampire would stop anyway. Just as she felt Drusilla’s long fingers brush up against her waist there was a loud bang just outside the door. Two pairs of eyes both darkened with lust turned toward the door watched with curious eyes as Drake came barreling through the door.

“What is it?” Drusilla demanded

“He’s come for her; Spike is here and he isn’t alone” he panted out

Thinking quickly Drusilla sprang from the bed and made a dash for Miss Edith before ordering Drake to take Buffy and follow her. Pushing back a drapery there she quickly unlocked a door that it was hiding. The three of them passed through with ease only stopping to re-lock the door before moving swiftly down the dark corridor.

Coming to a large room there was a black escalade at the far end and the two vampires quickly made their way toward the vehicle. Drake easily slid Buffy into the back seat where Drusilla quickly followed. Numerous footsteps could be heard as they bounded down the stairs they themselves just descended. Drake jumped into the driver’s seat and with a screech of the tires they were speeding down one of England’s numerous country roads.

Spike and Raz arrived just as they were driving away, the bleached vampire tried to chase after them but they were going to fast and he wasn’t in top form. There was no way he’d be able to catch them. Cursing profusely he headed back to find Raz, Ciro and Oz looking at him with defeated eyes.

“They’re long gone… and I have no idea where she would take her…” Spike said

“We’ll find her” Oz said

Spike said nothing as he turned his eyes back to the dusty road. Dawn would be coming soon and again he’d be greeting it without his mate by his side. Angry tears began to well up in his eyes at that particular thought. Turning on heel he pushed past his companions and bounded back up the stairs from which he came.

Three pairs of eyes look after the vampire after he made his hasty exit and one by one they too headed back up the stoned steps and into the house. They found Spike sitting on the bed a pillow in his lap his head buried in his hands. Sharing a look Ciro was the one who stepped forward and knelt at his feet, her eyes full of sympathy.

“Spike…” she said softly

“I have to find her…” he said brokenly into his hands

“And we will, they were just lucky this time” she said to him

It was quiet for some time when he looked up at her; his face was wet with tears and his eyes were red and puffy. He looked at her with his icy eyes and she couldn’t help but take a step back from the expression that marred his face.

“Drusilla is up to something, I know it. She doesn’t play her games with just anyone and for some reason she wants Buffy. Why I don’t know but something is happening, something not right… I can’t put my finger on it but I know, the air is changing, all those years with Dru I was able to… feel things. I’m nowhere near as perceptive as Dru is but I can tell… something is about to happen…”


*--------------------*


~ The fog was thick and heavy, the sun’s dappled rays tried to break through but it was no use and the land was covered in a blanket of darkness. She was lost again and she wasn’t sure if she’d ever find her way back. Looking down at her clothing she was surprised to find herself in a long white flowing dress. Its silky texture clung to her curves accenting the swell of her breast and the curve of her hips. Her long honey colored hair fell around her shoulders accenting her golden skin.

“A murderer from the beginning…” the voice whispered

Turning around slowly Buffy searched for the speaker but was able to find no one. She continued her search as she looked around her but all she was able to see and feel was the dark.

“… and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him…”

Fear laced Buffy’s heart; she had no idea where she was and who was speaking to her. Though their voice was soft there was an edge to it that made her insides quake.

“… When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it…” it continued to whisper

The voice was closer now and the Slayer continued to scan her surroundings and still came up with nothing. Her heart pounded beneath her chest as her fear of what was to come grew. The dark was becoming heavier and it was becoming harder to think, to breathe, to live… just as quickly as the darkness came it receded and a girlish laugh filled the air.

And there was Drusilla standing before her, demonic visage to the forefront.

“He once said; "If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine". Do you believe it to be true? Do you really think if you worship and worship him alone you will be rewarded?” she asked

“Who are you talking about?” the Slayer asked fearfully

Though it seemed as though the dark vampire didn’t hear her softly asked question for she continued as if nothing had been said.

“One day in the future he will succeed in gaining the worship of the whole world…”

“How…”

“…By signs and wonders that convince the gullible and by coercion that brings foot-draggers into line, he will make the whole world worship his proxy, the Antichrist… now do you know who I speak of?” she asked insanity glittered in her eyes

“Lucifer…” she whispered

“Originally he was Lucifer. But his rightful names now do not credit him with great splendor…” she groaned softly

“Why are you telling me all of this? I mean I don’t understand. What does any of this have to do with me?” she asked fearfully

The vampire’s head swayed to the music only she could hear which floated in and about her head. She began to dance around the Slayer but she still answered her question though just as cryptically as ever.

“All the world is but a stage, and all the men and women are merely players; William Shakespeare said that once a long while ago. And he is right you know. ‘The Powers’ use you and everyone else as pawns in their game of chess with fate… poor lost little lamb, sent out every night into the dark to play with the wolves”

The angry tears that began to well up in the Slayer’s eyes were quickly brushed away as she stared at the dark vampire. She just didn’t understand what all this had to do with her. None of what was being said to her made any sense, not really to her anyway. As if sensing her thoughts Drusilla spoke.

“It has everything to do with you. You are the messenger”

“The messenger…”

Searing pain shot though the diminutive blonde’s body like liquid fire as it wrapped around her heart. Her vision blurred as tears formed in her eyes as she felt her body tremble. She collapsed to the floor and writhed in pain. Drusilla looked on with wide and seemingly innocent eyes.

“Dru…” Buffy tried calling to her but it was no use the pain was too much

Her soft lips parted and soon a thick dark liquid began to spill over past her lips and down her cheeks. It was blood and it flowed freely from her mouth causing her body to shudder and twist on the cold floor. Drusilla walked slowly toward the Slayer that was no nothing more than a mass of nerves. She slowly knelt before her and whispered in her ear.

“… So black and hateful; he’s out to hunt the light and when the light has fled in horror before him the shadows will conquer the world. That is when the emperor will come and the darkness will be forever…” ~

Drusilla looked down with sad eyes as she watched her poor little Slayer sleep restlessly as they continued to drive throughout the day. England was no longer safe for them so it’d been arranged for them to have passage to Paris, France that very night. The air was thick and heavy, it was filled with worry and it was coming for the Slayer. There was nothing she could do to stop it, her mind was already under attack and soon nothing would be left but mere fragments of a once magnificent girl.

Though she wasn’t about to let her go without a fight. She softly ran her fingers through her hair offering her all the comfort she could and as Drake continued to drive down the back roads; Drusilla continued to contemplate the ways she could help this girl whose head lay in her lap.

End of Chapter 21

Okay as you can see my bunny and I worked our asses off on this chapter so a few reviews for us would be nice!
On Wings of Gossamer by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 22/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)

Author Note: Again a portion of the dialogue was taken from biblical text; specifically the Book of Genesis. And again I am preaching to no one. It just fits the story and I promise this will all make sense… eventually. Just please even if it’s not your favorite thing in the world and you’ve enjoyed the fiction so far just kinda grit your teeth and bare it…



Call of the Slayer http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood


Chapter 22 – On Wings of Gossamer


*--------------------*


There was no time. There was no space. It was a vast nothing.

“Things are progressing horribly; he has entered the warriors’ mind. And the vampire… she is trying to help as best she can. But she is weakening with each passing day and soon she will be not be any use to the Slayer” a female voice vibrated throughout the expanse of area.

Her brother merely sighed heavily at his siblings words of warning. They’d already pleaded their case to ‘The Powers’ and they wouldn’t be heard. Everything that was occurring had some sort of purpose or so they claimed. Though the two ethereal beings seemed cold hearted and unfeeling at times they continually watched over their favored warriors with loving eyes.

“You think I don’t know these things, I do. I know just as much as you, I also know that as of right now ‘The Powers’ believe that these test as they call them are necessary. For what reason, I have no idea. William is slowly loosing rational thought without his mate. And I don’t know how much longer the Slayer can sustain her sanity let alone her strength, especially with a prolonged separation from her mate…”

The seemingly young woman walked about the space looking on with sad eyes at the images that continually flashed around them. Some were of the Watcher and the Slayer’s friends; others were of her mate and her new family but most were of the Slayer herself and the dark vampire that was now caring for her.

“Everything is all going so very wrong. The darkness that consumes so many is starting to creep its way into our higher ranks. I fear if we loose her, our Slayer. That all will be lost, she alone brought THREE of the world’s most fearsome vampires to her aid; Angelus and both of his favored childer!” the female exclaimed

“So what are we to do, dear sister?”

“Can we really just sit idly by and watch it crumble before us?”

“You know as well as I do, that we are not to interfere” he reasoned

Turning her back on her brother he almost missed her whispered words.

“Perhaps its time we stopped abiding by these old and archaic rules and made some new ones of our own… so what do you say brother. Are you willing to bend the rules so to speak?” she asked with a small smile on her face

And for the first time in millennia her brother cracked a smile and asked…

“Where do we start?”


*--------------------*


~ The sun’s dappled rays shimmered brightly against the cool waters of the ocean. The blonde beauty lifted her face toward the light breeze that was coming in off the waves. Turning her back toward the waters she looked out at the lush greenery and the trees that rustled with the soft wind.

Looking down she as pleasantly surprised to find herself dressed in a navy blue sundress, the soft cotton hugged her slim form in all the correct areas, as it clung to the shape and swell of her breast it fell easily over her curved hips. Her hair was pinned up loosely leaving a few tendrils to fall framing her face.

The sound of the air to her back her began to change, it almost sounded as if wings were fluttering behind her, turning toward the sound she was more than surprised to see Talaria gliding toward her.

“In the beginning God created heaven and the earth… and earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters… and God said let there be light…” She spoke softly as her feet gently touched down on the grass

“Hello young warrior…” she said with a smile

“Hello, Talaria… right?” she said with an uncertain smile

“Yes, you remember well. Now there isn’t much time, so would you like to hear the rest of the tale?” she asked kindly

“Are you talking about God… or something?”

The Ferohers just smiled softly at the Slayer; she knew that this was only going to be a one in a few opportunities when they’d actually get to speak to their warrior. The evil was getting stronger and it was already making its way into the Slayer’s mind. If they didn’t warn her of the danger coming her way she’d have no defense. The human mind has always been a fragile thing; anything overly traumatic could affect it in the worst ways.

“Yes, I speak of God, though I’m not here to preach to you. I’m here to tell you a story and to warn you. That he is coming for you, he wants you and he won’t stop till he has you. The only way to beat him is for you to fight back with your mind, your heart and soul. To not give into temptation…”

“Temptation…” she said though the question was clear in her voice

“Do you want to hear the rest of the tale?” she asked as if she never heard Buffy ask her question and then without even waiting for the Slayer’s answer the Angel continued.

“… And God said let there be light: and there was light. Then God saw the light, that it was good: and God then divided the light from the darkness. He called the light day, and the darkness he called night. That evening and morning was the first day…”

Buffy listened to the tale in silence but she still wasn’t sure as to what was going on. For some reason she could remember the dark and how it felt deliciously sinful; there was no guilt nor pain but here in the light, it felt better somehow and even though there were so many emotions here in the light, it just seemed to make life better that way.

“It’s a nice story, but where do I come into this. I mean I’m just a Slayer in a long line of them. I mean what makes me so special?” she truly wanted to know

“Because there have been no others like you, you have changed the world numerous times over. You are ‘The Chosen’ and I don’t mean just being the Slayer. You will be faced with numerous obstacles ahead and if you can overcome them all you will be rewarded greatly”

“Why do I not like the numerous obstacles part? I mean being greatly rewarded is always fun but all the work you gotta put in before hand is a bitch” Buffy moaned

“Yes it is but I can promise you, this reward will be worth working for” she laughed

“Okay… so is there anymore left to this story you have to tell me?”

“You actually wish to know more?” the angel asked curiously

“Sure, why not… as of right now it doesn’t look like I’m going anywhere”

“… God then called the firmament from heaven and the evening and the morning were the second day. Then God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also…” ~


*--------------------*


The sun was just setting over the horizon and the twilight was painted in beautiful pinks and blues that streaked the sky. The trio had just arrived at the safe house for the day before they were to travel to Paris that night. Drusilla watched the Slayer sleep with tired eyes; she herself could use the rest but until they reached one of her many homes in Paris she was determined to stay alert.

“I can see them… and they tremble with what is to come” Drusilla whispered

“You can see whom?” Drake asked

“The stars…” she said reverently her eyes glittering with madness

“We’re inside and its daylight, there is no way…” he tried to reason

“My sweet Spike tried to tell me the same thing once, but I can still see them. I’ve always been able to see them even in the bright light of the day…” she explained

“Alright, so what do you see sire?”

Drusilla purred at the name but hesitated in answering her childe’s question.

“A war will be fought and ‘The Chosen’ will stand proudly at the front lines. She will fight hard with the determination of no other. But in the end she will fall and perish underneath the beast’s claws… she will then rise from the ashes of the darkness on wings of gossamer and the light life. The warrior will leave this mortal life behind and ascend to a higher plane leaving all others behind… unworthy…”

Drake looked on with frightened eyes, though his sire’s eyes were now a brilliant hue of gold her face had not shifted to its demonic visage and her fangs had not elongated. But that wasn’t even that disconcerting compared to the fact that her voice echoed; it almost sounded as if it were Drusilla’s voice and someone else’s voice that spoke with her. It was the oddest thing he’d ever seen and even though his time as a vampire has still been relatively short being a childe of Drusilla the mad one saw numerous things no creature alive or dead should witness.

“Sire, we still have a few hours until sunset, you rest along with the Slayer and I will see what I can do about some food… for all of us” and with that he made a swift exit from the room leaving the two women alone once more

Dark blue eyes looked over Buffy’s frail form and she sighed softly. Walking over to the larger four poster bed; Drusilla pulled the thick comforter up and wrapped it around the diminutive blonde’s body but not before crawling beneath them herself. She molded her body around the Slayer’s soaking up the warmth which her mortal body continued to produce and she sighed heavily into her sweet smelling hair.

Honey colored locks were splayed over across the soft pillow and tickled the vampire’s nose but it didn’t seem to bother her at all and she just snuggled closer hoping to rest even if only for a short time. Drake returned a short time later with a wriggling young man for Drusilla and a sack containing a sandwich and a bottle of water for Buffy. Smiling softly at the picture the two women made asleep wrapped around one another, he decided that lunch could wait and placed the sack of food on to the table in the corner and brought the young man into the next room to wait.

They’d both be hungry when they woke.

End of Chapter 22
Haunted by Tygerlily
Title: Bittersweet
Part: 23/24
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)

Author’s Note: The songs used in this chapter are by Evanescence. Also this chapter may come across as a tiny bit confusing but I promise it makes sense so if you don’t get something read it again and then if you still don’t get it… well just email me but I don’t think its that bad… I mean I understood it. ;-)

Author’s Note II: This fiction is going to be entirely too long to just leave as one story so I’ve basically broken it up into three different books. And this is the second to last chapter of this book. I hope you’re enjoying it guys… because this only the beginning!


Warning: This chapter is darker than normal. Now especially for Angel supporters or lovers or whatever, this might be a tough chapter for you. I promise its nothing too horrible but this does throw Angel off his game quite a bit… and if you read you will see why.


Call of the Slayer http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood


Chapter 23 – Haunted


*--------------------*


Breathe… Just Breathe… Breathe… But then again you don’t need to breathe do you?

Dark eyes looked around the expanse of space surrounding him but he was met with nothing, not even a glimmer or a shadow. Though he couldn’t see anything he was sure there was another presence within the same vicinity. He eyed the darkness with determined but frightened eyes.

“Long lost words whisper slowly to me
still can't find what keeps me here
when all this time I’ve been so hollow inside
i know you're still there…”

Mahogany colored eyes widened at the sound of the voice, a voice he knew all to well. Straining to see into the darkness his human guise slowly melted away and his demonic visage came to the forefront and even then all he could see was the dark that lay in front of him.

“Watching me wanting me
i can feel you pull me down
fearing you loving you
i won't let you pull me down…”

Suddenly a raven haired beauty could be seen looking at him with wide eyes as the words tumbled from her lips, her melodic voice filling the air. Though soon her face melted away but was soon replaced by images though not forgotten but buried deep inside his mind. The first sighting and the beginning of his obsession, the deliciously sinful gifts he left of courting for her every night.

“Hunting you i can smell you - alive
your heart pounding in my head

watching me wanting me
i can feel you pull me down
saving me raping me watching me…”

More images passed through his eyes, the butchering of her family one by one, night after night as she sat and watch helplessly. Soon the night she fled to the convent came. He watched as she took her holy orders and then followed her to her quarters and with rosary in hand he took her by force and then brought her over into the night. Finally breaking her… or so he thought.

“Watching me...wanting me
i can feel you pull me down
fearing you...loving you
i won't let you pull me down…”

Then just as suddenly the voice and the images ceased and he was once again alone in the dark. His body was trembling and he was covered in a light sheen of perspiration. He knew every horrible atrocity he committed in the past. It was part of the curse he had been forced to bare for more than a hundred years but he’d never experienced anything like that. To relive all of it such a short amount of time in such a quick succession.

Wherever he was he feared that little trip down memory lane was just the beginning.

Breathing heavily unnecessarily he was startled by the soft click of heels on the ground but instantly turned toward the sound hoping to catch a glimpse of something… anything.

“Drusilla…” he whispered

He was met with silence until a small pool of light appeared and the small figure stepped out of the shadows and into the low light.

“Guess again… lover”

The vampire couldn’t hold back the sharp intake of breath when he saw his young Slayer standing before him and though shrouded in shadow she never looked more stunning. Her long honey colored locks fell just past her shoulders and her sun kissed skin glittered in the low light. But it was the small smile that graced her lips that warmed his cold heart.

“Oh god Buffy… what is going on here? Where is here?” he asked fearfully

“Before the dawn…” she said softly

“… I don’t understand. What’s before the dawn?” confusion marring his elegant features

It was then he noticed the slightly glazed look within her usually expressive moss green eyes. She seemed to be off somewhere else… almost as if she were in a world of her own, it was an expression that graced his dark childe’s features more often than not and now seeing the same expression on his golden girls’ face was more than disconcerting. It was down right terrifying.

“Forever gone…”

And with that she began to fade back into the shadows, not willing to be left alone again he went to reach for her but was held fast almost but an invisible barrier he could only look on as she continued to fade into the dark and there was nothing he could do about it. Then suddenly the scene changed and he was in a lavishly decorated bedroom, everything in classic Victorian style… just the way his demon liked things. And at the center of it all was a large king sized four poster bed covered in black silk and velvet. Thought that wasn’t the only things covering it… to young lithe bodies were laid out before him. One with hair dark as night with skin pale as the moon while the other possessed skin that had be kissed by the sun and honey colored locks.

What drew him in were their eyes. Like a siren’s song emerald colored eyes and mahogany colored eyes that matched his own called out to him and he was helpless to do anything but obey. He walked softly toward the bed the only sound that resonated throughout the room were his soft footsteps. Climbing up onto the bed he was instantly wrapped up into their embrace. Long slender yet muscled arms twined around his neck and middle, soft lips began to press chaste kisses along the column of his throat and the hard muscles of his back.

Both urged him to lay back against the soft bedding, he sighed softly when he felt one of the young things climb on top of him as they continued to lay soft kisses to his neck. When she pulled back abruptly his eyes fluttered open and what he saw caused his mouth to open in a silent scream. His Slayer sat above him with a mischievous grin on her face as she smiled around her fangs. Looking through saffron eyes she lunged forward and sunk her fangs deep into his throat.

Strong elegant fingers gripped her back in protest, he tried to push her off but for some reason his strength wasn’t enough. When he realized he let his eyes flutter closed, a lone tear escaped one of his eyes and slide down the side of his face splashing onto the bed linen. The smell of tears hit her nose and she smiled around her fangs while biting deeper into his already torn flesh.

Childish laughter filled the air and it was then he knew how he was going to die but then again the scene changed one more time. He was alone again in the dark, his skin unblemished and broken.

“Are you enjoying our little game?” the voice asked

“Why are you doing this?” he asked brokenly

“Don’t you see? Have you learned nothing from your journey?”

“What am I suppose to see? What I am supposed to understand? I don’t know anything anymore, so why don’t you just tell me?” he asked, his voice cracked with suppressed sobs

“You’ve tried to kill the pain but only have brought more…” the voice answered cryptically

Looking up towards the heavens he asked in a defeated voice something he should’ve asked for long ago…

“Show me…”

And one more time the scene changed around him. He was back in Sunnydale, back at the beginning when everything was fairly right with the world and it was all one sided. There were no grey areas back then, it was good guys versus bad guys and the bad guys always lost, the good guys always won and there was a party afterwards. That’s how it always went…

‘Perfect by nature
icons of self indulgence
just what we all need
more lies about a world that…’

Images again began to flash before him, his first meeting with Buffy and the gang. Their first kiss, their first fight, their first dance, all of it passed before him in the blink of an eye but he could see everything clear as day as though it was happening that very moment.

‘Never was and never will be
have you no shame don't you see me
you know you've got everybody fooled…’

But then he saw their first time making love unknowingly it would also be their last. He watched on with tortured eyes as Angelus roamed the night for those few months, his return and then his leaving once more. His first nights in L.A. flashed before him also. The finding of Doyle and the eventual death of the Irishman, but what truly took him surprise was the key moments where his maybe relationship with Cordelia came into play. As he looked back he couldn’t understand where his mind was at the time.

‘look here she comes now
bow down and stare in wonder
oh how we love you
no flaws when you're pretending
but now i know she…’

He could feel someone’s eyes on him as he watched all of this flash before him. He turned to find Buffy staring at him with indistinguishable expression, she gave nothing away, and even her eyes were detached. A unknown breeze gently flowed through her silken strands they whipped softly around her face accenting her beautiful green eyes. If he had breath it would’ve been taken away at that very moment.

“I see you for what you are warrior… watch what is being show to you” she said

‘Never was and never will be
you don't know how you've betrayed me
and somehow you've got everybody fooled

without the mask where will you hide
can't find yourself lost in your lie…’

More events flashed before him, the Faith debacle became clearer than it ever had. Though Faith had mentioned sleeping with Buffy’s new boyfriend she failed to mention that she did so in Buffy’s body, now his lost loves’ reasons for revenge seemed more justified than at the time. He couldn’t help but cringe as he watched himself hit her for another. Then his time with Cordelia and the times they began to subtly explore one another’s feeling for each other. By doing this he was being more than a hypocrite… trying to start another relationship with a mortal human when he left Buffy for that very reason.

The sting of his hypocrisy and betrayal began to run through his veins like liquid fire but he couldn’t bring himself to look away. He had to see it all… he had to know it all. All of his past crimes, even the ones he didn’t realize he had committed.

Though as he waited for the images continue, they ceased. Confused by this turn of events he turned back toward Buffy whom hadn’t moved since the beginning of this little presentation. She moved forward slowly saying nothing at first but then just as with Drusilla, cryptic accusations and testimonies began to tumble forth from her lips.

‘i know the truth now
i know who you are
and i don't love you anymore

it never was and never will be
you don't know how you've betrayed me
and somehow you've got everybody fooled…’

The vampire’s knees began to buckle at the onslaught of emotions that crashed through him. He could feel the love she once felt for him and then the anguish and pain of losing him followed by the bittersweet joy that came with gaining him back again. And it continued this way the difference of emotions until the moment he said he was leaving her for a normal life. At first he felt nothing but pain but then soon the pain became rage which in turn became hate. He nearly passed out from the amount of hate that rolled off her and what made it even more sickening was that it was directed at him and him alone. He knew then that she no longer loved him the way he loved her, the way he would always love her. Hanging his head he willed the tears to stay away but his efforts soon became futile…

‘It never was and never will be
you're not real and you can't save me
somehow now you're everybody's fool…’

Sobbing brokenly he felt her move closer to him, he shuddered at her touch but willing looked up, his eyes filled with tears as gentle green eyes looked into his with such sympathy… then it changed.

A growl filled the air and when he looked again green eyes were no longer green but a brilliant hue of gold. Wicked looking fangs gleamed in the low light as the curled around her pink lips. He tried to pull away but she held fast and pulled him close. Staring him directly in the eyes the words that fell on her tongue would haunt him till his last days.

“Will you be denied Christ…”

Rich chocolate colored eyes shot open, struggling to sit up as he gulped breaths of unneeded air. Shivering slightly his hand trembled as they traced the side of his neck searching for any injury. Closing his eyes painfully he flopped back down onto the bed and sighed heavily.

It was a dream… no it wasn’t a dream. It was nightmare.

The images still raced through his mind, every word, every scream, every plea echoed within his mind. Drusilla’s face and words swam through his head along with Buffy and her words. Sitting up once more he crawled from the bed and padded softly over to the window. He was still in New York finishing up some business for Giles and then he was off to follow Spike and Buffy to wherever it was they ran off to.

Though he couldn’t help but be concerned about the dream he just experienced he knew that if he didn’t go after the two blondes he would regret it. In his mind he still believed that if he could get Buffy alone he could convince her to come home, to come back with him, to go back TO him. Whatever awaited him on the rest of this little adventure he told himself that he’d be ready for it… whatever it was.

Though there was one thing that the vampire could never prepare for… no matter how hard he tried, mentally or physically. What was coming his way was worse than any other demon or cosmic evil force…

… And that was the truth and consequences of his own actions that would haunt him till the day he would be nothing more than ash in the wind…


End of Chapter 23
Empty Meadows by Tygerlily
Chapter 24 – Empty Meadows


*--------------------*


Cerulean eyes fluttered closed with exhaustion. It had already been a month since he lost Buffy to Drusilla. They’d been everywhere looking for her; the four had combed the country side in search of the lost Slayer but to no avail. His new found friends could only stand back and watch as he slowly slipped more into himself with each passing day. Tonight’s lead was just another wild goose chase that left them again empty handed in Paris of all places. He hated the French capital with a passion, though it being one of Dru’s favorite places he figured it would be the best place to look though so far no such luck had come of it. In the end he just sighed and said that he was off to bed. He fiddled with the key card for only a few moments before the door swung open and he flopped down onto the bed, within moments the blanket of sleep over took him.

~ The tortured scream of panic and fright continued to echo in his ears. He looked down at the young thing in front of him and couldn’t help the wicked smile that curled on his lips. Picking her up by the scruff of her neck he gave the two puncture hole on her neck one last quick lick before turning toward the soft footsteps coming up behind him.

“Hello sweets…” she said softly

“Princess…” he breathed out

She was absolutely stunning as she practically floated toward him. The bodice of the dress she wore clung to her slender waist while showing her ample breast. Her dress flowed down to her ankles falling softly over her hips. Its emerald color brought out the accent in her soft hazel eyes. As she walked toward the fallen warrior a strange light entered her eyes.

“Mmmm, a good kill… a clean kill, though you did not walk away unharmed” she noted as she saw the crimson liquid that poured from his split brow

“Don’t consider it an injury… more like a souvenir” he said with a smirk

A childish giggle filled the air as she began to dance around the fallen warrior, a blissful smile gracing her angelic like features. Spike just watch with lust filled eyes as his darling girl danced around the cooling corpse. Then just as suddenly she stopped her eyes clear and bright as she looked at him.

“Sweet William, my sweet Will… make love to me” she begged as she held her slender arms out for him

Growling softly William stalked over to his lover and instantly picked her up into his arms. She couldn’t help but moan softly as she felt the cool marble floor press up against her skin. Soft open mouth kisses fluttered across the supple skin of her neck and down onto her chest. William purred softly into her chest and the sound vibrated throughout her body sending small jolts of pleasure all throughout her body. Growling in pleasure when he felt small yet strong hands griping his upper arms while her delectable little mouth trailed a path down his neck and along where his pulse should have been.

Suddenly he felt the delicious pierce of fangs slipping into his throat and in that moment he was lost. He clutched her diminutive form to his chest while his head lolled back allowing his sweet girl to feed from him. Moaning softly as the spicy liquid flowed past her lips and down her throat. Pulling back she gave a soft lick to the twin wounds and looked up into her lover’s now saffron eyes.

William’s blissful expression slowly melted away when he looked down at the deceivingly young looking beauty lying in his arms. Starting back at him were liquid green eyes and an impish smile. Giggling softly she whispered…

‘William’
~

Gasping loudly Spike sat straight up in bed his chest heaving with unneeded air. Doing his best to get his breath back he staggered from the bed and over to the window, pressing his forehead to the cool glass he sighed heavily trying to get the image from his mind… his Buffy, looking like a vampire but not.

It was something he didn’t care to analyze at that moment in time but it only furthered his need to find her and soon. The bond he had with her still hummed with life and that was the only thing he could comfort himself with… was that Dru hadn’t harmed her… yet.

Tortured azure eyes looked toward the sky; he could already smell the dawn that was still a few hours away. An icy tear slipped down his cheek and splashed against the alabaster skin of his hand. Placing one hand against the glass he traced the condensation that had formed on the window pane. The silence that permeated the room was soon broken by the sound of shattering glass…

… Looking down at his hand he felt strangely detached as he watched the dark red liquid flow from his knuckles and on to the floor. The few spaces it hit on the rug it instantly soaked into the floor staining it while other stray drops splashed onto the glass shards that littered the floor. It was then he could no longer keep the tears at bay and as they fell freely they too fell on to the floor to mix with the blood already drying there…


*--------------------*


In the darkened apartment with a glass of scotch in his hand the man continued to attempt to figure out where everything went so very wrong, he knew the others could be harsh on Buffy at times; he himself did tend to forget that she carried more than the weight of the world on her shoulders. Most Slayers didn't have friends or family, Buffy had both so she had more than twice as much to worry about.

Xander and Willow had to be the worst, they still couldn't believe that Buffy would abandon them the way she did. They just didn't care to see that she lost her mother and sister in only a few weeks span of one another and then they left her with Spike of all people. Giles immediately berated himself for blaming the vampire, anyone who cared to look could clearly see how the vampire cared for his Slayer, he was just angry and hurt that he'd lost her so easily to someone else. Though it was his own fault it didn't make him hurt any less.

It was hard to believe that nearly seven months had past. And 2 months since he’d heard from his Slayer, though in his heart of hearts knew it was pointless he sent out some of his scouts to check the London area but by the time he’d gotten any news of his Slayer she and her cohorts had been long gone. About two weeks ago he’d gotten a call from a man he’d never thought he’d hear from again… at least not for some amount of time.

Ethan Rayne

After a heated ten minute conversation, he discovered a lot of the rumors that were flying through the underground might actually hold some truth to them. It seemed as though Drusilla might have returned but other than that he hadn’t heard anything. The only thing the Watcher could hope for was that Spike’s love for his Slayer was true and that he didn’t have any real linger feelings left for his former paramour.

Sighing heavily he heaved his body out of the chair and trudged over to the kitchen counter, not bothering with a glass he snatched up a bottle of the amber liquid and flopped back down onto the couch. It would be morning soon, he could already hear a few birds chirping as if welcoming the dawn that was to come. Raising his eyes heavenward he let the comforting burn of the alcohol run down his throat as he waited for the sun to rise.

A new day was about to begin.


*--------------------*


Fiery red strands of silk intermingled with that of a dark chocolate brown. A soft groan filled the room as Xander shifted against the less then comfortable cushions of the couch. Soft chocolate colored eyes fluttered open softly when he felt the subtly shift of a warm body next to him. Surprised to find that it was his sweet Willow instead of Anya though he soon shrugged the surprise off and settled back down into the warm blanket that covered them both, it was then the memories from the previous evening began to wash over him.

Groaning softly bleary brown eyes blinked several times before they focused on the glaring red numbers that read, 12:02 pm. Sighing heavily he heaved himself back on to his back and shot a sideways glance towards the warm yet still very clothed body that was occupying the other half of his bed.

“Wills; we gotta get up, it’s already past noon.” He said huskily

The tiny red head groaned and snuggled deeper into the bed covers completely ignoring her long time best friend’s words. Xander let his eyes run up and down the length of her body and realized that she was probably still really knocked out from the night before and if he was going to be honest with himself, so was he.

It was only a few hours ago he and Willow were at each other’s throats. Every nasty, dirty, below the belt comment had been made… and probably more than thrice over. The tiny red head probably swore she’d hex a million times over before they began just all out throwing things at each other. Anything that wasn’t overly heavy or tacked down to the floor in some way became ammo. He couldn’t help but shake his head as he looked around his bedroom… even the items in there were fair game. He grimaced when he saw the god awful crystal dog Anya had gotten him last Christmas in shattered pieces on the floor. Though he hated the hideous thing, he knew he’d never hear the end of it from her.

Sighing softly to himself he carefully made his way off of the bed and out of the room. He knew he was awake and there was no way he was getting back to sleep especially with it being so late in the day. Looking around his apartment he shuddered when he realized he was the one that was going to have to clean it all but then his mood brightened considerable when he realized he could totally guilt trip his best friend who was sleeping in the other room to help him.

Suddenly there was a squeal of tires outside and the sounds of sirens filled the air. Out of pure curiosity he walked out onto the small balcony he had and looked on as the fire truck quickly made its way down his block and out of sight taking the sound of sirens with it. Soft chocolate colored eyes couldn’t help but cloud with concern as he wondered where the truck was headed, trying to shake of his mood he headed back into the apartment and walked into the kitchen and pulled out bottled water. He stopped short when the sight of a picture from what seemed like a century ago caught his attention.

It was a bright sunny day and there she was, in all of her golden and emerald splendor. It was a Saturday that Giles had given all of them off, including the Watcher himself so the decision was soon made to head out into the world of sunlight, a rarity for them. The quartet headed over to Weatherby Park and spent the day playing around and just goofing off. Xander couldn’t help but smile fondly at the memory. It was the spring semester of their sophomore year and Sunnydale High and he marveled at how young they all looked back then. Shaking his head ruefully he dutifully replaced the picture and flopped down on the couch and not for the first time in his life did he question if meeting a miss Buffy Summers was a blessing… or a curse.


*--------------------*


Dark

Black

Nothing

She could feel him inside and there as nothing she could do as of right now to get him out. He was there twisting, turning, pulling and ripping at her insides. She moaned softly and her usually bright emerald eyes were a washed out mossy color. Looking up at her companion she smiled sadly before her body went limp and the spark that always flashed and flickered in her eyes fizzled out.

Drusilla wailed helplessly as she looked down at the girl in her arms. She had failed and he was inside her now, he was going to extinguish the sun unless she did something to stop him. Unbidden tears came to her eyes and glistened brightly causing her already dark eyes to shimmer. Though as soon as they appeared, they disappeared. Leaning down she brushed back the stilly silky hair from her darling girl’s now cooling and paling face.

“Do not worry my sweet, mummy is here. I promise to make the bad man go away. I couldn’t stop daddy from taking me but I can stop him from taking you. Sweet lil sunshine with such empty meadows…” she crooned softly

Lifting her head, her ethereal features and dark eyes soon melted away to the fragile yet deadly ridges and glowing saffron eyes of her demon; she growled softly and reared back with a sudden roar before she ripped into her girl’s throat. Blood so hot hit her tongue causing her cool body to shiver from the contact. She pulled back just as violently and the crimson liquid dripped from her canines and the corners of her lips. Panting heavily she her demonic visage slipped away but her eyes remained a bright gold till they slowly shifted to a luminous hue of blue.

“The sun can only be blocked by the moon…” she whispered

And with that Drusilla the Mad, Childer to Angelus the Scourge slowly crumbled into dust. Slowly the silver flecks settled around the prone body of the Slayer almost in a protective embrace. All was silent except for the gentle dripping of an unknown water source and the trembling of Drake’s undead bones.


*--------------------*


Sapphire eyes snapped open blinked wildly for a moment. Spike propelled himself upward in bed and his head feel into one of his hands. For someone who didn’t have to breathe he was panting uncontrollably.

It was then he knew where his mate was.

It was then he knew that his sire was dead.

It was then he knew that his mate… was gone…

End of Chapter 24

Book Two - Shattered Delusion is Coming Soon!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=4