Undecided by spikes_eternal_lover
Summary: Buffy moves to Sunnydale and immediately hates her new neighbour. But does she really?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6052 Read: 6458 Published: 08/26/2004 Updated: 04/17/2005

1. Moving In by spikes_eternal_lover

2. Meet the neighbours by spikes_eternal_lover

3. Chapter 3: Best Friends by spikes_eternal_lover

4. foot in mouth by spikes_eternal_lover

5. Apologies Owed by spikes_eternal_lover

Moving In by spikes_eternal_lover
Undecided Title


Disclaimer: I own nothing. It all belongs to Joss and his brilliant mind. And those Kuzui dudes at M.E. Don’t sue me. It’s not nice.

Summary: After Buffy’s family move to Sunnydale, Buffy immediately dislikes her neighbour. But will other feelings develop? I think you know the answer.

A/N: This is my very first fic EVER, so I don’t know how good it will be. Feedback will be greatly appreciated and will encourage me to keep writing. Also I know nothing about America, I am English, and so the distances may be wrong and stuff like that. And like I said, if you got any ideas for a title, let me know. Thank you all.

CHAPTER 1: MOVING IN

Late on Monday night, a black jeep pulled up outside 1630 Revello Drive. Buffy Summers was inside. She was a 15 year old L.A native and was now moving to Sunnydale because her mother, Joyce had been offered a job in an Art Gallery over in Sunny D.

As Joyce stopped the car, she leaned over and hugged her eldest daughter. “I’ll wake Dawnie, you go on inside, find the room with your bed in it, ok, sweetie?”

Her sister, Dawn was 11, very loud and extremely annoying.

Many of their belongings had been moved in the day before, so they wouldn’t have to mess around this late at night. Buffy and smiled at her mother as she was handed the car keys.

“Sure mom,” Buffy yawned and got out of the car, heading towards her new home. As she opened the door, her nose was invaded with the smell that told her the house hadn’t been lived in for a long time, but had recently been invaded by human life. Buffy breathed it in and shrugged her back pack further onto her shoulder, as she climbed up the stairs directly in front of the door. She turned to the right and walked into the first room. Buffy saw her bed and let out a sigh of relief, she was close to the stairs. And the bathroom. Thank God. Buffy set down her bag, and pulled out her stuffed pig, Mr Gordo, setting him on the bed, before going to help Joyce with Dawn. They moved the sleeping Dawn to her room and Joyce suddenly caught the 15 year old a hug, “We’ll find out who all the neighbours are tomorrow, Buffy. I promise. You can make some new friends on Monday at school too. I think we are going to fit right in here,” Joyce finally released her little girl and sent her off to bed. As she turned into her room she noticed the huge windows on one side of the room. There was a tree outside, but as Buffy walked over to it, she realised that everything that was going on outside could be seen from here. There was a neighbour’s window opposite, but the lights were off and Buffy couldn’t see a thing. While surveying the rest of the street, Buffy saw things that she supposed were the neighbourhood antics at night. The trees were swaying in the breeze, long dark shadows reaching out over the ground like long fingers grabbing at each other. A stray dog relieved himself on a tree, before barking happily and chasing a black and white cat along the street. A jogger was running full pelt down the road, as if being chased. Suddenly a loud guitar riff filled the air, and a male voice followed a few moments later,

“Black Shuck, Black Shuck,
That dog don’t give a FUCK!!!!!!!”

The last word was held so long and was so high; Buffy had to wonder who was killing a cat. Her glance flickered to the bedroom, the light was now on, and Buffy had to bite her hand to stop herself from laughing out loud. She was looking at a scene from a very bad teen movie.

A short boy with platinum blonde hair was dancing around his poster covered room, playing air guitar and singing at the top of his voice. He was wearing a black vest and a pair of shorts, which, as far as Buffy could tell, were covered in an electrical current. She squinted a little closer.

*Yup. That definitely says AC/DC. Weird.*

Yawning again, Buffy suddenly realised something. She scrambled over to her bed and grabbed her backpack, pulling out her alarm clock. She knew it. 12:45 AM. And her neighbour was screaming his lungs out. Great. This was not good at all. Maybe she should go ask him to stop. But before she had a chance, the music stopped and shouting suddenly filled the air. A door slammed and Buffy looked back out of the window. His blind was closed now and, to Buffy’s horror, it read “FUCK OFF.”

Right then. She’d definitely be talking with him tomorrow.

**********
A/N: So what didya think? Short I know, but it was longer whe I wrote it before. lol. Feedback would be great. I don’t know when the next update will be as I am going on holiday to Italy tomorrow, but I’ll try to do the next chapter while I am out there. R&R!!!! Thank you. Also the Title thing. Please let me know if u got any ideas. Charz.
Meet the neighbours by spikes_eternal_lover
A/N: So here it is. Chapter 2. Italy was great, I watched Buffy too… in Italian. Yup. That’s right. Anyway, I don’t like this chapter, I think I rushed it, hopefully you all will. Special Thanks to Shippy, for being my FIRST EVER review, and also a big thank you to evry1 else who reviewed too. Continue to do so. :-D
BTW: The song Spike was singing in Chapter One was “Black Shuck” by The Darkness.


Chapter 2: Meet the Neighbours.

Rubbing her eyes, Buffy Summers rolled over, only to groan when she read that it was almost 9:30 in the morning. She wondered why it was that she was awake; it had been such good dream, when the sound of “Smells like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana reached her ears. 'The Boy Next Door' was blaring out his music again.

Cursing under her breath, Buffy made her way to the bathroom. As she emerged, looking and feeling much better than when she had gone in, she heard voices coming from downstairs; one was her mothers, the other was a deep male voice, Buffy concluded ‘British’ as she descended the stairs. The room on the left was full of boxes, she was sure they weren’t there last night, the room on the right full of furniture.

Turning into the kitchen, she saw her mother talking with an elderly man. He was all tweed, glasses and greying hair. But Buffy supposed he was ok looking for a guy of his age. Not wanting to eavesdrop; the two hadn’t even noticed the blonde, Buffy made her way into the back garden. It was so peaceful, something was missing. Oh, right, the music. She really should go talk to that boy. Making her way around to her neighbour’s front yard, Buffy began to hum a tune. Black Shuck actually. But she didn’t realise that.

As she looked up, Buffy was stopped short by the sight of a very muscular back, which was attached to a pair of baggy dungarees; the straps of which were hanging loosely. The owner of this back was digging a hole, with a rather large shovel. She cleared her throat, and as the boy turned, Buffy was met with the most intense blue eyes she had ever seen. *Wow* Realising she was staring, Buffy stuck out her hand, “Umm… hey. I’m Buffy. I just moved in next door.”

The boy smirked and took the hand of the beauty in front of him. *Cor. She’s beautiful. And also my neighbour. Looks like livin’ with Uncle Rupe won’t be so bad after all.* As he continued to study her, he noticed that she looked as though she was waiting for something. *Oh. Damn* He blinked a few times, before eventually coming to his senses. As he was still holding her hand, he raised it to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

“Name’s Spike, pet. But you can call me anyfin’ you want too. So, looks like we’re neighbours huh, pet?”

Slightly startled and still reeling from the kiss, Buffy pulled her hand away. “Uhh… yeah. I… umm… err,” she started before mentally shaking herself and stringing together a coherent sentence. “Yeah, I guess we are. Neighbours, I mean. But I came about your music. I was wondering, could you turn it down at night? It’s just that, I‘ll be starting school in a couple of days and I want to be…” Buffy trailed off as she saw the smirk ‘Spike’ was sending her way.

“Well, to that luv, I’d ‘ave to say no.”

Buffy’s jaw almost hit the floor. She moved her mouth up and down like a goldfish, thus proving Spike’s ‘pet,’ before forcing her mouth to work properly. “Well, why the hell not?” She stormed, “All I’m asking you to do is turn your music down so I can sleep!”

“Now why would I do that? If I keep playin’ it loud, that gives you a reason to bring your cute little self round to see me now, dunnit?” he grinned, obviously pleased with himself. Buffy, meanwhile, was disgusted. *I’ve only known him 5 minutes and already he’s hitting on me! What a pig! Granted, gorgeous, but a pig nonetheless. I mean, I don’t even know anything about him, except that he likes rock, uses pet names a lot, is called Spike and dyes his hair. Don’t forget gorgeous! Oh shut up!*

“Ugh. You’re a pig Spike.” And with that, she turned on her heel and walked away.

Spike himself was appalled. That had not gone well at all. He watched her hips swaying from side and decided he would have to do something about her.


A/N: So there we have it. Any ideas for a title?
Chapter 3: Best Friends by spikes_eternal_lover
A/N: Sorry for the slight delay. Sims 2 came out on Friday and I haven’t stopped playing it. :-) It’s so good! Anyway here is the new chapter.


Chapter 3: Best Friends

It had been four days since her encounter with Spike, and, thankfully, Buffy had not spoken to him again. This did not, however, mean she hadn’t seen him. Oh no. She’d seen him alright, every night in fact, in her dreams. But really, she’d only actually seen him twice. Mowing the lawn (topless) and last night, as he closed his blind, Buffy had been at her window, and he’d winked at her. She had pretended to be disgusted, but secretly, inside she was melting.

The family had settled in quite well to the new neighbourhood, all had made friends. The man whom Buffy had seen her mother speaking with turned out to be Spikes Uncle Rupert. But, according to the man himself, Rupert was “a despicable name and an injustice to the English language,” so he was just Giles. Dawn had two new friends, a girl called Janice and a young man named Andrew. Andrew had a sister, Anya, an outrageous blonde with a great love of sex and a great fear of rabbits. Buffy had met her, but hadn’t really had a chance to talk. She had made two very good friends though. She had met Willow Rosenburg on her second full day in the house. Willow was a sweetie, she had red hair and green eyes. Yesterday she had shown Buffy around the neighbourhood and introduced her to Xander Harris, a young man with floppy brown hair and brown eyes. He was like a big teddy bear and very obviously had a crush on Buffy. Today the three of them had gone to the mall, school was starting in a week and Buffy needed new clothes.

They had returned from the mall around 2 hours ago and now they were in Willows house watching and Indian soap opera. Willow was sitting on her bedroom floor; Xander and Buffy were on the bed behind her, lying on their stomachs, Buffy plaiting Willows hair.


“Is she dying?” asked a concerned Xander. Buffy frowned, “I think she’s singing”

Xander nodded, “To a telephone in Hindi, now that’s entertainment. Why is she singing?” he was once again bewildered.

Willow, who had been silent throughout the entire film, suddenly spoke up, “She’s sad coz her lover gave her twelve gold cons, but then the wizard cut open the bag of salt and now the dancing minions have nowhere to put there big maypole,” here she gestured wildly with her hands before continuing, “fish thingy” she stated matter of factly, and went back to her drink.

Xander nodded again while Buffy continued to from at the T.V. “Uh huh. Why is she singing?”

Now it was Buffy’s turn for bewilderment, “Her lover? I thought that was her chiropractor?”

Willow shook her head. “Because of the thing he did with her feet? No, that was personal.” Buffy raised her eyebrows and continued to plait Willows hair.

Xander spoke up again, “And we thought just because we didn’t have any money or any place to go this would be a lacklustre evening.”

Willows eyes lit up, “I know! We can go to the Bronze and sneak in our own teabags and ask for… hot water.” She trailed off dramatically, excitement filling her voice.

Xander joked back, “hop off the outlaw train Will, before you land us all in jail.”

Buffy turned to him, “I for one am giddy and up, there’s a kinda hush all over Sunnydale. It’s so quiet, but I’m here with my friends” she smiled and looked back at the T.V. Frowning once more, she tilted her head and asked, “So how does the water Buffalo fit in again?”

They all just shook their heads in confusion.

*********************

Xander let out a sigh of relief when the credits began to roll. “Well, I don’t know about you two girls, but next time? I’m sticking with ‘Apocalypse Now’”

Buffy grinned with glee, “There’s gonna be a next time?”

“Of course Buffy! You’re like my new best friend; we can hang out all the time.”

Xander gave a lopsided smile, “Sure Buff. How about tomorrow? Channel 59, Indian T.V – sex, lies, incomprehensible story lines—I’ll bring the beetle nuts!”

“No! Buffy has to meet Cordy tomorrow remember? She’s coming back from France?” Willow helpfully reminded them.

“I bet France didn’t see her coming. That Chirac dude is probably having a mental breakdown due to France’s sudden loss of shoes. I bet Cordy’s dad had to get a whole plane for just her shoes!” Xander quipped.

Cordy had been part of the gang until last year, which is where Xander’s dislike stemmed from. Cordelia had been Xander’s girlfriend, right up to the point when she had caught him kissing Willow. Thus ending the two year relationship, and eventually Cordy split from the group of three, although she was still very good friends with Willow. Now, Cordy didn’t have a particular group of people that she liked to hang out with, she drifted between each different group at school, making friends with everyone. Well, everyone who was worthy of her friendship at least.

“Well guys, I’d better get going, get some sleep to be ready to meet more people tomorrow. Bye then. See you all tomorrow ‘k?” Buffy hugged her new friends goodbye before crossing the street to her own house, and her own bed.
foot in mouth by spikes_eternal_lover
Chapter 4: School.

A/N: ok, ok. Next chapter. Sorry it took me so long, RL has been really bad lately: boi troubles, GCSE’s and ive been getting bullied at school. I actually got knocked out at school coz im punk. Lame. I also LOST the pre-written chapter 4, so this sucks way more than the original. Oh well. ANYWAY. I refer to the gang as ‘boi’s’ and ‘girls’ because they are all mostly 15 or 16. The ones who aren’t are explained… hopefully this chapter will be a bit longer than the others, they were a bit short. Also for those who complained, I changed Giles from elderly to middle-aged. Ok?


Rolling over, Buffy grabbed her beeping alarm clock and threw it across the room. As it smashed against the wall, she raised her head, “Oops.” She groaned and threw the covers to the floor, patting her hair flat with her hands. She made her way to the bathroom, bumping into Dawn on the way.

“Morning Buffy!” the 11 year old jumped up and hugged her older sister.

“God, Dawn, you are way too chipper for this time of the day. Are you getting ready for school? First day at senior school, huh? I remember that day…” Buffy mumbled as she sidestepped her little sister and entered the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She leaned over the sink and peered at herself in the mirror.

53 minutes later, the ‘morning fresh Buffy’ had been replaced with ‘an hour in the bathroom Buffy.’ She picked up her broken alarm clock and quickly stuffed it in her underwear drawer. Crossing to the closet, she shoved each piece of clothing aside looking for her favourite top. “Ugh. Where the heck is it? I’m sure I put it in here just the other… DAWN!!!” she screamed the last word at the top of her lungs.

“Yes Buffy?” the short brunette skipped to her older sisters door, an innocent look on her face.

“Have you seen my white tee with the red capped sleeves?” Buffy demanded of her.

“Umm… no? Not-unless-you-mean-the-one-I-accidentally-spilled-my-ribena-on!” Dawn gushed out the last part before squealing, running down the hall and locking her bedroom door. Buffy stood stock-still, shocked, her jaw hanging onto the blue plush carpet.

****************

“Hey Buffy! Over here!” an excited Willow waved her friend over to a table in the cafeteria. Smiling, Buffy got her food and plonked her lunch tray down at one of the three empty seats. Scanning the heads at the table she saw Willow, Xander, Anya, Cordelia and two faces she didn’t recognise. One male, one female, both brunettes. She looked in confusion at the two and then looked towards Willow for an explanation. Willow, oblivious, munched happily on her tuna sandwich for a few moments. Suddenly she looked at Buffy’s expectant face and choked, “Oh! Sorry. Buffy, this is Liam Angelus, Angel for short,” she pointed to the young man, “and Faith LeHane.” Cordy waved a hand and interrupted as Willow was about to start her next sentence, “Angel is the year above us and on the football team. He wants to be captain, but you see Riley Finn? Over there?” Cordelia pointed to a muscular sandy haired boy, sitting a few tables away with his friends. Buffy nodded to let Cordy know she had seen him. “Well,” she continued, “He is two years above us, year 13 and he’s been captain of the football team for almost five years now, the guys with him are also on the team, Forrest, the black guy and Graham who dates Janie Hurtell, she’s a cheerleader who wants my position but I tell her good luck, she ain’t ever gonna get head cheerleader.” At this, Cordelia took a breath and seemed to think for a while. Faith gave a small cough, snapping Cordy back to attention. “Oh, and as for Faith? She’s a bitch. She has spread her legs for just about every guy in the school, save three: Angel, William and Oz.” Buffy was about to ask who William was when Faith cut her off.

“Hey, and the nerds, but they don’t count as guys.” The dark haired girl turned her attention to three younger boy’s in the corner. “That’s them, Warren Mears, Jonathan Levenson and Andrew Jenkins-Emerson.” As she looked at the nerds, something clicked inside Buffy’s head.
“Wait, Andrew Jenkins-Emerson? He’s your brother Anya, why are you Emerson-Jenkins? And why is he a nerd when you’re his sister?”

Anya smiled, “No way was I gonna take my shithead of a father’s name first. And the nerd thing, when I started here last year, I became ‘bestest buddies!’ with Harmony Kendall,” she pointed to a bottle blonde surrounded by boys. She struck Buffy as the type of girl who could get an A in any class just by giving the professor a blowjob. “Well, she and Cordy befriended me, showed me around, and introduced me to everyone. Gave me a heads up on who gives the best orgasms. Hanging with them made me cool.” Anya finished and sipped her drink. Willow shrugged and Buffy noticed her eyes grow wide. “Oz! Oz is here!” Willow looked past Buffy to the lunch queue. “Oz is here, he’s my boyfriend you know.”

“Really? Oh yeah, now I think about, I think you mentioned it once or twice. A day.” Buffy smiled at her friend’s happiness and waited for Oz to come into view from behind her. *Wonder if he’s as cute as Willow makes him out to be.* Hearing footsteps behind her, she glanced up at the rest of the people at the table, and frowned when she noticed the coy smile that both Faith and Cordelia seemed to be throwing at Oz. Buffy’s frown deepened when her attention was caught by the scowl Angel wore upon his face. What was going on here? Oz was Willow’s boyfriend, why were Cordelia and Faith practically shoving their breasts into his face? And from what Willow and Xander had told her, Oz was a sweetheart, albeit a stoic one. Angel had no reason to be glaring like that, he was almost growling. Everything was cleared up for her when the neighbour from hell sat down next to her.

“Lo luv.” He said without looking at her. He said it so softly she almost didn’t catch it.

“Hi, Spike.” Cordelia purred at him across the table. He gave a weak smile, “Hey Cordy. How was France? Buy anythin’ nice?” he replied, sneaking a glance at the smaller blonde next to him. She seemed to be very interested in the yellow mush that Sunnydale High School liked to call mashed potato. He hadn’t heard a word of Cordelia’s ‘so-then-they-said-I-had-to-pay-$900’ rant before Willow cut in.

“Spike! This is Buffy! She’s new in town. I thought maybe, as you were new here too, maybe you could help her out. Cause, ya know, you know how she feels and all. You have something in common see. And Buffy, this is Spike. He only moved to Sunnydale about 4 months ago. So he’s kinda new here. Yeah, he could show you around…”

“Babbling, Red.” Spike smirked at her before smiling at Buffy’s amused look, and turned back to his congealed pizza.

15 minutes later and Xander was arguing with Spike and Oz over which Star Wars movie was better: Episodes 1 & 2 or the originals – ‘Return of the Jedi’ etc.
“Yeah, but ‘Episode 1’ had Darth Maul!”
“Exactly.” Said Oz, stopping Xander before he embarrassed himself.

Anya, Cordy and Willow were discussing what they were going to wear to the party at the frat house that weekend and Faith was hitting on Angel. Suddenly, Spike turned to Buffy and started grilling her on her sex life.

“What?! You can’t ask me things like that! You don’t even know me!” she told him through clenched teeth.
“I could get ta know you better. An’ help you out with that sex life at the same time…”
“God! You are SUCH a pig!!!!!!” Buffy yelled before leaving the table with a brief wave to her friends.
“Bloody hell.” Spike watched her arse as she stormed out. He shrugged and turned back to the table and the expectant faces of his friends. “Wha’? Oh, for fucks sake.” And with that, Spike got up and followed Buffy out of the cafeteria. He caught up with her at her locker. “Buffy, luv…”
“Don’t, Spike.” she said without turning to face him.
“Look, you know I’m jus’ jestin’ right? I don’t actually mean any ‘f it. I’d never shag you in a millyun years…”
Buffy’s eyes welled with tears and she started to storm off down the corridor. Spike grabbed her by the arm before swinging her round and pushing her up against the locker. “…if you din’t wannit.” He tried to ignore the way her breasts were pressed up against his chest, and how when she breathed they rubbed against him. His lips were a hairs breadth away from hers and she smelled so sweet, like vanilla. “Tell me what you want from me pet. Anything, I’ll give it you.” Her hands came up to his chest and she was very satisfied - and more than a little wet - at what she felt under the black shirt. Pushing the dirty little thoughts to the back of her mind, she pushed gently against him.
“Well, first of all, I want you to show me to English. Then after that, well, we’ll see.” She smiled coyly.
“Ohhhh. So, I AM gonna be helping you out in that… department you mean?” Spike whispered against her neck.
“Oh my God! I can’t believe you, you know that?!” Buffy shoved him backwards and hurried down the corridor; the second bell had gone a few minutes ago.
As she rounded the corner she felt a strong grip around her forearm and tripped from the momentum. “Spike, look, just leave me alone ok?!”
“Well, I would but I’m pretty much responsible for you now, Summers. I promised Red, din’t I? And you are in the same English class s’me.” He practically purred at her.
“Doesn’t mean I have to talk to you. Lead the way.” Buffy didn’t even look at him as she waved her hand to her left.
“Iss, uhh, this way pet.” Spike grinned, pointing the other way. He reached out his hand to take hers but she ignored it and brushed past him. Sighing, the platinum blond stepped beside her and sauntered down the long corridor. Buffy looked at him out of the corner of her eye. He really was the most beautiful man she had ever seen. *Hang on, man? Did I just? Hm…* she supposed he was a man, even at the age of only fifteen. He looked manly, it seemed to come off him in waves. Buffy decided she liked it.
“You know we’ve been down this corridor once already right? Are you trying to make me late for English?” she glared at him.
“Course not! Just got lost is all.” Spike winked at her and opened the door to the room on his right. “Voila.” He swung his arm out to signal her to go in and followed her, getting another glimpse of her behind. “Mr Durrant, hey. I was uh, showin’ the new girl round. We got a bit… lost.” Spike winked at the class this time and they roared with laughter. Buffy blushed and sat in the seat Willow had saved for her. Spike took the one behind.

10 minutes into the lesson and a ball of paper landed in front of Buffy, followed by a second less scruffy ball. She opened this one first to see Willow’s perfect handwriting.

‘Buffy, what happened? Spike? you and Spike? You gotta tell me! Do you
like him? Meet me at the end of the day and we’ll walk home together, ok?
I promised your mom I would take you anyway. DON’T FORGET!

From, Willow’


Buffy scribbled a quick note telling Willow that yes, she would meet her after school by Buffy’s locker and she couldn’t wait either. Then she opened the first ball of paper to a scrawl which she had to squint to read.

‘BuFFy. I duNNo wHat I doNe to You, But I waNNa MaKe stuff rIght. Meet Me at tHe BiKesHed aNd we wIll talk Bout It. Please Meet Me, I’ll be Hurt IF You doNt.
All MY love, SPIKE X’

Buffy groaned and put her head on the table for the duration of the lesson.




A/N: ok, I need someone who will write the sex scenes with me,but NO plagiarizers PLEASE. I have NO experience in this area, so if you wanna help out, email me - daimbo@sweetbox.freeserve.co.uk I’m gonna base the first one on a film but after that… just send me some of your work and I’ll see. FEEDBACK ENCOURAGES ME TO WRITE FASTER. Love always k-lee. P.S, I have my GCSE’s in bout 2 months so im busy revising, but I’ll try to get next chappie up by my birthday – March 19th :D
Apologies Owed by spikes_eternal_lover
A/N: sorry if the spacing's fucked: I can't seem to change it!

Chapter 5: Apologies Owed

The bleach blond Brit standing by the bikeshed lit his second cigarette of the last 15 minutes and raised his foot to rest on the wall behind him. He glanced at the students milling out of the high school and sighed. So few of these people would actually go on to make something of themselves. At the moment they were, for the most part, blissfully unaware of the world. There were some kids here who Spike would bet would be dead or imprisoned by the time they were 25. Himself included. They were laughing and joking, lighting up cigarettes, unchaining bicycles or planning trips to the mall. He watched as Xander and Anya walked past, Anya laughing at a comment she had just made. Suddenly, Anya’s laughter was drowned out by another laugh. Buffy’s. Spike dropped the cigarette on the ground and stomped on it, before straightening his clothing and slicking his hair back. He leaned against the wall once more and tried to look nonchalant.

She walked right past.

********

Buffy waved goodbye to Willow at the corner of her street and trudged off to her own home. Entering her house, she threw her bag down, causing a ball of scrunched up paper to roll across the floor. Frowning, she bent to pick it up. Buffy gasped two single words as she opened it.
“Fuck. Spike.”

********

Spike grumbled as he saw Buffy bid goodbye to Willow and walk to her front door. He wasn’t too far behind her, but far enough so that it couldn’t be called stalkerish. He watched her slam her front door and he opened his, throwing his bag down and kicking off his boots. He stomped upstairs and turned up The Ramones as loud as he could. “That’ll piss her royal highness right off, that will. Bloody bitch. Like I’m not bloody good enuff fer her! I’ll show her, I’ll bloody well show that one.” He mumbled to himself. He crossed to his cupboard and took out his baby.
He plugged the amp into the wall and plugged the black and red Gibson SG into it. Spike turned the volume up as loud as it would go, which is pretty loud with a 50 watt amp. Opening the window, Spike glanced at her lying face down on her bed and grinned. He flicked the CD onto song number 4 and began to strum as the almighty Ramones sang.

“Hey little girl, I wanna be your boyfriend. Sweet little girl, I wanna be your boyfriend.”

His words had the desired effect as he watched the small girl in the house opposite stand up and close her window.
Spike expected the knock on the door five minutes later.
Spike expected to open the door to find a small blonde girl on his doorstep.
What Spike didn’t expect though, was what she had to say.

“Hi Spike. I’m sorry I didn’t show up after school. Thing is, I forgot. I forgot to meet you, coz I forgot I had promised my mom I’d walk with Willow. I forgot, I’m forgetful, stupid and I’m also very, very sorry.”

“Don’t forget ‘damn annoying’ pet.” Spike smirked down at her.

“And I’m damn annoy… hey!” she hit him on the chest playfully, giggling when he pretended to be hurt. Spike decided he wanted to make her giggle as often as possible; it was such a beautiful sound.

“Alright, Summers, that’s enough beating on the brat for today thank you very much. You owe me an apology.” Spike rolled his tongue behind his teeth. Buffy glared. “I take it back. You don’t have to apologise.” He panicked. Although he would never admit it, she could pack one hell of a punch.

Buffy broke into a smile." What if I wanna apologise? What then Mr. I’m-So-Tough?”

“Then you get down on your hands and knees and you kiss my boot. Go on.” He held out one bare foot. “Shit, that works better with boots on huh?” Buffy giggled again, and Spike smiled affectionately at her.

Buffy looked behind her as a car pulled up and smiled when Giles stepped out, trying to carry five bags of groceries. “Hey da’” Spike greeted the librarian as he took three of the bags, and stepped inside his house.

“Nice to see you, Buffy. What brings you this side of the fence? I thought you and my son were, well, arch nemesis if you like. Have things changed?” Giles asked Buffy.

“Oh, no Mr Giles, we’re still pretty much enemies. I was just telling Spike here to turn his music down. I was trying to sleep.” She looked at Spike over Giles’ shoulder as she spoke, suppressing a groan when he raised his eyebrow at her. It was so sexy.

“Oh right, well, tell your mother we’ll be over at about eight tonight would you? I have to sort a few things out so I’m afraid I’ll be unable to tell her myself.” Giles walked into his kitchen.

“What’s happening tonight? I didn’t know you were coming over for dinner.” Buffy frowned and looked at Spike, surprised to see a look of confusion on his face too. Giles returned from the kitchen at that moment.

“Oh, we’re not coming over for dinner. I’m taking your mother out for dinner. You two can handle being alone together for a few hours without murdering each other can’t you? Joyce has been so looking forward to this. It would be ever such a shame if we had to cancel because you two are unable to sort out your differences.”

“Well, s’long as Buffy can agree not ta throw a wobbly, I rekin I can agree ta that dad. What d’ya say, luv?” Spike turned his baby blue’s to Buffy. How could she resist that?

“Uhh, I… sure. Why not. If there’s not too much innuendo from him, I’m sure we can work things out.” Buffy shot a mischievous grin at Spike and grinned even wider when he winked.

“Splendid. Then eight it is. See you then Buffy.” Giles waved and headed upstairs.

“See you at eight Buff. I’ll bring the ice cream.” Spike prepared himself for her yell.

“It’s a date.” Buffy smiled sweetly and bounced back to her own house. Oh boy, was this going to be fun.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=4063