Starting All Over Again by spikeslover
Summary: What would have happened if Spike was the first person Buffy saw after she was ressurrected. How i wanted 'Bargaining' to go. Its fairly AU. In my version Willow, Tara, Xander and Anya never performed the resurrection spell, and the biker demons never attacked.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5668 Read: 1286 Published: 12/10/2004 Updated: 12/10/2004

1. 'Bargaining' by spikeslover

'Bargaining' by spikeslover
Set during ‘Bargaining’. In my version Willow, Tara, Xander and Anya never performed the resurrection spell, and the biker demons never attacked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He walked slowly through the graveyard. He didn’t need to look where he was going because his feet took him the same route they had taken for the past 140 days. In his hand he held one long stemmed rose and a large jasmine flower, the same flowers he took with him every night. He brought a rose because he knew they had been her favourite, and a jasmine because he always remembered that was how she smelt.. The moon bounced off the tombstones, illuminating the names, and dedications written upon them. As he neared her grave he slowed and looked up. He brushed aside the willow branches that obscured his view and saw the ever proverbial site that met his eyes, and broke his un-beating heart. The tombstone with a name upon it that should not have been there, the grave with someone buried in there, well before her time. A beautiful, strong, gifted loving person who should be walking upon the earth, not buried below it..

Spike sunk to his knees beside the grave and replaced the rose and jasmine that lay at the foot of the headstone. They were perfect with dew drops coating the petals, save for the edges just slightly curled up, and shrivelled. He didn’t want his gift of undying love that he placed on her grave every night to be anything but perfect, just like she was…perfect.. He placed the fresher flowers in their place and ran his hand over the cool marble, tracing every letter in turn.

BUFFY ANNE SUMMERS
1981-2001
BELOVED SISTER
DEVOTED FRIEND
SHE SAVED THE WORLD
A LOT


“Hey love” Spike said, barely above a whisper. “Brought you some fresh flowers. The other ones didn’t do you justice.” He took an unneeded breath. “Everyone’s OK. Been patrolling with the scoobies, like you would have wanted, making sure they didn’t get hurt. Bit’s ok, she’s doing well in school.” He laughed slightly, “you’ll never guess what we had to do the other day. We had to send the Buffybot along to the parent teacher day. That was a challenge getting her…” he corrected himself, “…it, ready for that, but it did ok.” He looked down and sighed. “I can’t believe you’ve been gone nearly five months. It seems like so much more. Everyday seems like a lifetime to me, not having you here, seeing your smile, hearing you laugh.” A lone tear fell down his cheek. “I just hope you’re ok…wherever you are. I know you went through so much before you died, all the times you were hurt, everything I put you through. I just wish I could take it all back…” He sat back on his haunches, and ran his hands thorough his hair and rested them behind him on the back of his neck as he silently cried. Some nights he didn’t cry, just tried to get through, and other times the pain and anguish he felt at losing the one person he loved more than anything in the world, became too much and he let his emotions flood out of him. Tonight was one of those nights.

Meanwhile…

Under the earth, great powers were at work. Inside a coffin, the wrinkled, desiccated remains of a body encased in black clothing, started to change, An orange mist swirled around the head, a skull with much of the skin rotting off and the hair decaying. As the mist moved around the body, the eyeballs reappeared, the skin and hair repaired themselves. The body almost complete resolved into Buffy, wide-eyed and gasping. She gasped in fear as she took in her surroundings in terror. Thoughts raced through her mind, ‘oh god, oh god, where am I…too tight, can hardly breath…dark…cold…have to get out…someone help me please. Buffy pounded frantically on the sides of her coffin, trying to scream but no sound came out. She continued pounding, banging on the inner lid just inches from her face. She began to rip away the cloth that covered the inside of the lid. ‘Why can’t I get out.’. She tried to scream again, but only a hoarse whisper came out.. She ripped away the white cloth and punched with all her strength through the hard casing above her and ripped it down. Earth rained down on her and immediately started filling the coffin. She took a deep breath, and sat up and pushed her way up, scrambling desperately to get through the earth above her, she couldn’t breath, she couldn’t get out. She clawed at the earth around her. ‘I have to get out now…not far…oh god please not far’.
Above ground Spike noticed the earth dip slightly. He chuckled “probably moles or some other creature burying down. Gonna get a hell of a headache when they hit your…” He stopped immediately and screamed in shock as a hand erupted from the grave in front of him. He lunged forward and grabbed the wrist protruding from the ground and pulled it upwards.
Her hand burst into the cool air above. She was almost there, just a little further. She was suddenly grabbed around the wrist by something and pulled upwards with a great speed and force. As her head broke into the air above her she gasped at it, taking in desperately needed oxygen. She coughed and breathed in heavily.
A body followed the hand and he dared not believe what he saw. “Buffy?”
She looked up to see a man standing before her, bleach blonde hair, eyes that were a colour of blue that she could not place, perfectly chiselled cheek bones and dressed all in black. “Buffy?” The man before her spoke and as he did, images began pouring into her mind. The first time they had met in the school, when they had fought against each other, and with each other, them sharing a kiss with him all bruised and bloody, him helping her, protecting her, him promising her something, telling her he loved her. She cared about him, she knew him, it was Spike, her Spike, the person who’s love she had denied so many times, but secretly wanted to lie next to every night, wrapped in his embrace. He was the only one who could make her feel loved and safe. These images and thoughts came at her in a matter of seconds, and as soon as she realised who he was she flung herself at him. She found her voice “Spike” she cried as she enveloped him in a crushing hug.

She cried his name as she flung at him. Oh god she knew who he was, it was Buffy, his Buffy. She was crying hard and whimpering, as he wrapped his arms around her securely holding onto her for dear life.
“Oh god, Spike…don’t let me go…please don’t let me go…I cant go back down there…don’t’ let them take me back…please” she cried, gasping for air after each sentence.
“Shh, love its alright I’ve got you, your not going anywhere. I won’t let them take you. Shh, it’ll be alright, I’ll never let you go, never” Spike started crying as they held onto each other.
This hug between mortals would have crushed bones, but the desperate embrace between the slayer and the vampire was not tight enough.

Buffy felt that if she loosened her grip she would slip back into the earth and suffocate, alone.
Spike felt that if he relaxed his hold on Buffy she would disappear and this would all be a dream, and she would still be in her grave, dead, cold, and alone.

Spike pulled Buffy away from her grave and held her close as she cried into his shoulder and he ran a hand through her hair and whispered softly to her.
“I won’t let them take you, shh, its ok love I’ve got you.”
They held each other like that for about fifteen minutes before Buffy pulled back slightly and looked into his eyes and saw in them months of pain and hurt mixed with sudden happiness, his cheeks were streaked with tears. She wiped her hand over them, brushing them away as her mind began to come back together. She looked around and her eyes fell on a tombstone, she started to read it, and as soon as she saw her name upon it she gasped, fearfully and scrambled back away from it. Spike stopped her and she cowered into him.
“It’s alright you’re not going back there, you’re here, I’m never gonna let you go back there.”
Spike lifted her up and pulled her further away, just as she whimpered in pain and clutched at her leg. She would have fallen to the ground if Spike hadn’t caught her.
“Oh god, my leg” she gasped. Spike lifted her skirt slightly to see a deep gash in her left leg.
“Let’s get you someplace safe, away from here and we’ll sort it out there.” Spike said quietly as he looked up at her. She smiled at him. Oh god that smile, he thought he would never see it again.

As he helped her walk she started to remember everything, her friends, Xander, Willow, Dawn Anya, Tara, her sister, Dawn, her life as the slayer.
She asked quietly “what happened to me.”
Spike looked down at the ground and mumbled “you, um, well…”
she stopped and looked at him “I died?” he looked into her eyes.
“yes” he whispered. As they left the cemetery, the pain in her leg increased. She gasped in again.
“Oh god it really hurts. Can I just stay here?” she pleaded.
Spike looked at her took off his duster and put it round her shoulders. He then bent down, placed his right arm under her legs and the other round her waist and lifted her up.
“I think you’d be better off at home than in a graveyard pet.” He replied as she slipped her arms into the coat and wound her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder.
After a few blocks she whispered “thank you” and lifted her head to look at him.
“What for?” he queried. “For saving me” she replied. He looked down.
“I didn’t” he said quietly. “Not when it counted, up on the tower”.
She touched his face lightly and pulled his face round to face her.
“That doesn’t matter. If you hadn’t been there when I got out of my…” she trailed off “my grave…I don’t know what would have happened.” She smiled at him as she lay her head down again and they continued onto her house. The smell of him reuniting her with past memories. She felt safer than she ever had.

They turned the corner onto Revello Drive and stopped outside her house. Spike put her down gently. He helped her up the driveway and as they got to the front door he stepped away from her.
“What are you doing?” She asked him.
“Well I don’t think they would be too happy to see me all over you just when you got back from the dead. The whelp would probably stake me with his eyes.”
She took his hand in hers. “I don’t care what they think. I need to feel you next to me, close to me. If I don’t then I feel like I’m slipping back into the grave, trying to get out, I feel like I’m dying again. Please, you promised you wouldn’t let go…” she stared to cry as the memories of her struggle to get to the surface re-emerged.
Spike pulled her into a soft hug.
“Its ok, I ‘m here, I won’t let you go.” He said simply as she rested her head on his shoulder and he wound his arm round Buffy’s waist, under his duster. He looked down at her.
“Ready?” He asked her.
She simply nodded as they walked into her house together.
They walked into the hallway and Spike was just about to call out and see who was about when they saw Willow, Tara, Xander, Anya, and Dawn in the living room watching a movie.

Without even turning to see him Dawn said “Hey Spike, you didn’t check in after patrol we were getting worried. Well Xander wasn’t.” Dawn shot him an icy glare.
“Guys” Spike said quietly. As the girls turned around, but Xander remained fixed on the TV. Their eyes fell on Buffy, and they all turned back to the TV except for Dawn who stared at her.
“What’s the Buffybot done now?” Willow asked. “Is she…” Willow was cut off by Dawn asking
“weren’t those the clothes we buried Buffy in?” Everyone turned to them now. “Oh my god” Willow cried out as it hit them all, and they saw the blood on Buffy and realised it wasn’t the Buffybot ‘cos, well it didn’t bleed.
“Yes, it’s Buffy but…” before he could finish they all got to their feet and started rushing towards them. Buffy gasped and threw herself into Spike, retreating into the depths of his coat and his body as Spike wrapped his arms protectively around her and spun her around and away from them so that he was now in between her and the gang, who were coming at her and asking so many questions it made her head hurt.
“Oh my god, Buffy is it you” “What happened how are you…” “how did you…”
The babble was silenced by Spike’s cry of “Bloody hell will you all sod off. Can’t you see this is too much for her!”
“What the hell are you playing at Spike, she’s our friend, so you better get your un-dead hands off her, before I drive a stake through your…” Xander was cut short by Buffy emerging from Spike’s embrace and crying out “No!” this time she was in between Spike and her friends.
She turned to Spike. “Please, I…I can’t do this now. It’s too much…too much” she whimpered as she clutched her head in pain.
“Hey, hey, I got you, come on.” Spike soothed her. He addressed the gang.
“I know you’ve all got questions and you want to see Buffy, but she’s been back less than an hour, and she can’t deal with this.”
“I don’t think your qualified to judge that Spike” Xander fumed
“You heard her yourself you idiot, or was the pained cries and, and her actually saying it was too much not good enough for you!” Spike yelled.
“Now I am going to take Buffy upstairs and put her to bed. I think she needs to rest before she can face you all. I’ll come down and tell you everything in a while”
He finished as he picked Buffy back up in his arms and carried her up the stairs to her bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy held on to Spike as he carried her up the stairs, her head buried in his shoulder. She felt so confused and lost, but at the same time safe and loved. She knew all those people down there, but seeing them, having them rushing at her asking her about what had happened, how she had come back was all too much for her. She needed to get her head cleared before she could see them all.
As Spike walked along the hallway towards her room she could hear mixed voices from downstairs, some sounded angry, some happy, but most of them confused. She hated leaving her friends hanging like that but she would see them all as soon as she could face them.

They stopped outside a door and Spike opened it with his left hand as he held her tighter to him with his right arm so as not to drop her. He pushed the door open and carried Buffy into her room. He lay her down on her soft bed and pulled the curtains closed. He crossed the room and knelt down beside her bed as she turned to face him. He stared down into her beautiful eyes as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face.
“Thank you” she whispered. He stared down at her.
She shouldn’t be thanking him. He was the reason she had ended up in the grave in the first place. He looked away as the pain flooded him at the memory of seeing Buffy’s lifeless body atop of the debris. That moment, when he had realised that she no longer lived, was the worst in his entire existence. He had never felt so alone, never felt so dead.

He felt a warm, soft hand touch his cheek and bring his face back towards hers. He could see worry and confusion in her eyes.
“What’s wrong?” she asked quietly. He couldn’t tell her that no matter what she said he would always blame himself for what happened on the tower. He smiled at her and shook his head slightly.
“Nothing”. He replied.

He took her hands in his and looked at the wounds that covered her knuckles.
“We should get some mercurochrome and bandages on that. First though I think we need to get you cleaned up.” He turned to leave but felt Buffy grab his shirt.
“Where are you going?” Buffy pleaded. He turned back to her.
“Hey, I’m not going anywhere. I’m just going to run you a bath so you can clean yourself up. It’ll help you relax and it’ll be easier on your leg than a shower. I’ll be just through there” He took her hand in his and kissed her palm gently.
“I promise” He turned back to the bathroom and left the door wide open so he could still see Buffy.

Buffy watched him intently, never taking her eyes off of him. She was afraid that if she did then he might disappear and she would be alone with no-one there for her. She heard the running water and watched Spike walk over to the bathroom cabinet. He looked through the various bubble baths and picked a rose one. He added some to the bath and it foamed up. When the bath was full enough he turned the water off, grabbed a bath sheet from the radiator and headed back into the bedroom.
He gave Buffy the towel. “I’ll…um…I’ll go get Dawn, she can…” he gestured to Buffy.
“No” came Buffy’s reply. “Not yet, I can’t face her yet. She’ll have too many questions. Can you…” she trailed off.
Spike was halfway in the door and halfway out. He turned back into the room closing the door behind him. He sat on the bed next to Buffy. She turned her back to him as he slowly undid the dress at the back. When all the buttons were undone he slipped the dress over her shoulders.

As Buffy clutched a towel to her chest. She stood up with Spike’s help and hobbled over to the bathroom. Once inside Buffy sat on the edge of the tub and took off her panties, still covered by the towel. She turned around and sunk into the water, careful to leave her injured leg out of the water. Spike went over to the cupboard under the sink and pulled out a first aid kit which he placed on the top of the surface.
He turned back to her and knelt by the side of the tub. He took a wash cloth, dipped it in the warm water and cleaned around the wound on Buffy’s leg.

Buffy watched him, mesmerized. The look in his eyes were a mix of concentration at not hurting her, and of sadness and joy. Who would have believed that Spike, the master vampire, the big bad, slayer of slayers would be kneeling at the side of the slayer who he loved, tending to her wounds tenderly. A smile fell across her face.

Spike looked up and saw Buffy smiling at him.
“What?” he asked, a smile forming across his face too.
“Nothing” she replied, repeating his earlier words. He put the wash cloth on the side of the tub and scooted back, inline with Buffy’s top half. He took a bottle of shampoo from the side of the tub and put some in his hands. Buffy leant her head back slightly so her hair was wet and Spike gently massaged the shampoo into her scalp, cleaning the dirt from her hair.

Buffy felt so relaxed and peaceful as Spike’s hands worked their magic in her hair. He rinsed his hands in the water and she leant back to wash the shampoo out.
Spike got to his feet and reached for the towel. He stood with it open in front of him and Buffy somehow managed to stand up and out of the bath without getting her injured leg wet. She took the towel and wrapped it around her. Spike looked down and somehow his shirt had become wet, so he took it off and put it over the radiator to dry out. Buffy had never actually seen anything under Spike’s clothes, and now, seeing his perfectly sculpted abs and strong pecs, soft, firm skin, she wondered why she had been with any other man. He was beautiful.

Buffy had only realised she loved Spike when he had almost died to stop Glory finding out that Dawn had been the Key. When he had said to her the night they went to rescue Dawn, that he knew she didn’t love him, all she had wanted to do was to tell him that she did love him, with all her heart. When he had told her he was a monster but she treated him like a man, she wanted to tell him that she could only think of him as a man. He didn’t have a soul, yet that didn’t bother her. If he could be good, caring, loving and the perfect gentleman with no soul, how could she not love him.

Spike helped her back to her room, and her leg seemed to be healing. She sat on the bed with the towel around her as Spike took the first aid kit from the bathroom and tended to her leg.
“Slayer healing seems to have kicked in” he told her. Her took a bandage and some gauze and wrapped it around her leg.
“It should have healed up fully in a day or two” he looked up and smiled at Buffy.
“um, do you remember where your PJ’s are?” Buffy looked around the room.
“The second draw from the top in the dresser I think.”

He crossed the room and opened it. Buffy was right. He took out a grey tank top and loose bottoms. He unconsciously reached for the next draw up and opened it and took out a pair of black panties. He turned around to Buffy’s questioning gaze.
“How did you know that was the draw I kept my panties in?” He searched for an answer. He couldn’t tell her he knew because of all the times he had snuck into her room and searched her drawers when he had had that sick obsession over her, before he had been accepted as one of the scoobies. When he thought back on it the thought sickened him, how infatuated he had been with the slayer. He hadn’t gotten to know the girl behind the slayer until it was too late.

He was just about to answer when Buffy laughed “don’t worry, I know about those times you were in my room while I slept. I fooled you pretty good didn’t I?”
“You knew I was there? Why didn’t you just drive a stake through my heart?” Spike walked over to her and handed her the clothes.
“Well I guess I found it kinda…sexy” Buffy said.
“You found it sexy that I was in your room, looking through your stuff, even though you were with captain cardboard. God if he’d found out he would have driven a real stake through my heart.” Spike said. Buffy, now with PJ’s on turned around abruptly.
“What, Riley staked you?!”
“Well, not properly, other wise I wouldn’t be here would I pet. It was made of plastic or something. It looked, and felt bloody real though.” Buffy reached up and placed a hand on his chest over his heart.
“Please don’t leave me.” She said quietly, as she realised how close she had come to losing him. She scooted closer to him as she tenderly stroked her fingertips across his chest.
“I won’t, I promised you I wouldn’t, and I’m a man of my word.” She looked up into his eyes.
“Stay with me tonight, I need to feel you close.” Buffy whispered.

Spike pulled back the duvet and Buffy lay down, pulling her feet under the covers. Spike crawled across the bed and lay next to Buffy. She turned around to lay on her front and rested her head on his chest. Spike wrapped his arms around her, and held her close. Buffy interlaced her fingers with Spike’s as he kissed the top of her head. She started to drift off to sleep, feeling safer than she had ever felt in her life.
“I love you Buffy Summers” Spike told her quietly, and what he heard next made him feel as though his heart were beating again, if only for a few seconds.
“I love you Spike” Buffy whispered as she fell asleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy slept, feeling the safest she had ever felt. Spike held her securely in his embrace, never wanting to let her go, the only sounds in the room were the breaths that fell across her lips, and the wind rustling the trees outside the window. Spike ran one hand soothingly through her hair, making her feel serene and content.

~~~~~
Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always one reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
~~~~~

Buffy opened her eyes slowly and they fell on the clock beside her. It read 01:27. She ran her tongue across her lips and looked down to see arms wrapped around her and hands holding onto hers. Spike’s hands. She turned her hand over and ran her fingers softly over his hand. She turned over slowly and saw Spike awake, and watching her softly. She had never realised how blue his eyes were. The baby blue, tinged with flecks of electric blue and grey were visible even in the darkness of the room. She felt she was looking straight through his eyes, into his non existent soul. She had never felt so close to him.

~~~~~
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release
memory seeps from my veins
let me be empty
and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight
~~~~~

Buffy trailed her fingers up his smooth arm, over his firm, strong muscles. She softly placed her hand on his cheek as she shifted so she was looking down at him.

~~~~~
in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
~~~~~

Buffy leant down slowly and brushed her lips against Spike’s. If felt like butterfly wings against his lips.

~~~~~
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
~~~~~

Spike pulled back slightly, worried that he was taking advantage of Buffy in her fragile state. But the love, hope, admiration and life he saw in her eyes made him feel alive. She spoke, softly and barely above a whisper and stroked her thumb against Spike’s bottom lip. “I love you, so much Spike. You’ve always been there for me…always protected me…loved me.” A tear escaped and trailed down her cheek. Spike lowered his lips and kissed it away.

~~~~~
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
~~~~~

“I’ve never loved anyone more than I love you, and I know I never will.” Spike whispered back.

~~~~~
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there
~~~~~

Buffy wound her hand around to the back of Spike’s neck and pulled him gently towards her. He captured her bottom lip in between his own.

~~~~~
so tired of the straight line
and everywhere you turn
~~~~~

Buffy ran her tongue over Spikes lips and he opened his mouth, and granted her access. She swept her tongue in and caressed his tongue with her own.

~~~~~
there's vultures and thieves at your back
and the storm keeps on twisting
~~~~~

Spike swept his tongue across hers and retracted it, bringing his lips together to close over hers.

~~~~~
you keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack
~~~~~

Buffy shifted so she was laying on top of Spike. He ran his hands under her shirt and softly caressed her back. Buffy pulled up for air and brought her face down to his. She rested her forehead on his as she ran her hands down his arms, She moved them to his chest and ran her hands down to the belt buckle on his jeans, but he placed his hand over hers.
“Buffy…I can’t…not when you’ve only just come ba…” he was cut off by her lips over his.
“I want to. I need to.” She whispered into his mouth. She pressed her centre down over his crotch and felt him begin to stiffen and received a groan from deep within him.
“But I can’t take advantage of you, it wouldn’t be right” He mumbled into her mouth.
“It’s only taking advantage if I don’t let you. And I let you. I want you to. I need you too.” Buffy moaned. Spike pulled back and stared into her eyes.
“Are you sure?” he whispered. Buffy smiled.
“Yes” she replied as she kissed his lips again and Spike released his hand from hers and ran it through her hair and then moved to pull her top over her head. Buffy undid the belt buckle and unzipped his trousers. Spike pulled Buffy’s top off and dropped it to the floor. Spike then raised his hips so Buffy could pull his jeans off. Spike ran his hands over her back, down to her ass and pulled off the PJ shorts and panties with it. Spike trailed kisses down Buffy's jaw line and her neck.

~~~~~
it don't make no difference
escaping one last time
~~~~~

Buffy moved so she was positioned over Spike’s straining cock. Spike looked deeply into Buffy’s eyes as she sunk down slowly and at the first contact of her wet centre on his hardness they gasped, but never took their eyes off the other. Buffy took him in completely then rose back up so that just the head of his cock was inside her dripping pussy. She sunk down again just as Spike gently flipped them so he was now on top.

~~~~~
it's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees
~~~~~

Spike rested one hand on her cheek as he pumped slowly in and out of her. Buffy stroked the hairs at the back of his neck and gripped his shoulders as the pleasure inside her mounted.
“Spike” Buffy breathed
“oh god Spike…faster” Buffy whimpered.
Spike sped up his thrusts a little and pushed farther in,
“I love you so much Buffy” Spike whispered, then gasped as he felt her inner walls clamp down over his cock. He plunged his mouth over hers and they swallowed each others cries of release as the most powerful orgasm they had ever felt ripped through them.

Spike pulled out of Buffy’s warm depths and collapsed next to her, breathing heavily, despite the fact that he didn’t need to breathe. Buffy turned to face him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. She rested her head on Spike’s chest, as he kissed the top of her head. Spike had Buffy back and he would never let her go. She had come back from the dead and he would die a thousand times again than let her go back there. The lovers drifted off to sleep their bodies still entwined, nothing would ever part them again.

~~~~~
in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here
~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN-: The song is ‘Angel’ by Sarah McLachlan. If you’ve heard it you’ll know why I chose it. If you haven’t you must. She has a beautiful voice. She sung ‘Full of Grace’ (featured in ‘Becoming’ pt 2, just after Buffy had sent Angel to hell) and ‘Prayer of St. Francis’ (featured at the end of ‘Grave’ when Xander had stopped dark Willow and Buffy and Dawn are walking through the graveyard).

I hope you liked it, and please review!!!!!!!!!!!!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=6375