Don't Sleep to Dream by Allison
Summary: Buffy is plagued by dreams of a man she's never met before. When suddenly he becomes a part of her life, she has to decide whether to give him a chance to prove himself or to walk away before she gets hurt. It's a twist on traditional dream stories...read it to find out why:)
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 19505 Read: 20843 Published: 12/26/2004 Updated: 01/12/2005

1. Pinch Me by Allison

2. Don't Touch Me by Allison

3. Itty Bitty Puzzle Pieces by Allison

4. All Apologies by Allison

5. A Midnight Stroll by Allison

6. Where Do We Go From Here? by Allison

7. Take Me Out by Allison

8. Life's Full of Surprises by Allison

9. A Time to Date by Allison

10. So Much Can Change by Allison

11. Choices by Allison

12. What You Deserve (Part 1) by Allison

13. What You Deserve (Part 2) by Allison

14. Here With Me by Allison

15. Dream a Little Dream of Me by Allison

Pinch Me by Allison
Buffy Summers fell asleep every night praying that she wouldn’t have the dream. The same dream she had off and on over the last four years, ever since she was almost raped by Parker Abrams, a boy she dated briefly during sophomore year of high school. Since that night, she had one particular dream, which consisted of her being raped by a man who she had never met before. A good-looking man with piercing blue eyes, shocking platinum blonde hair, sharp cheekbones, and a lean build haunted her constantly, and no matter what she did, she couldn’t stop his assault on her mind. She was helpless, and there wasn’t a trick that could save her from the dream. After it became common to have it at least twice a week, she learned to accept it, even as the images became more graphic and disturbing. She had grown used to the fact that she couldn’t control her dreams, and as much as she tried, it was a futile effort. The stranger was ingrained in her memory, and even if the dreams decided to stop one day, she’d never forget him and what he did to her.

‘I’m scarred for life,’ she thought on more than one occasion after waking up from the dream. ‘No amount of therapy or sleeping pills is going to help me. He might not have ever done any physical damage to me, but the emotional setbacks I endure are worse than that. Physical scars heal and fade, but emotional ones don’t. They stay with you.’

* * *

After spending a year in Los Angeles for college, Buffy returned home to Sunnydale in the middle of May for her summer break. She had barely been home for an hour when her doorbell rang. She opened the door to reveal Willow Rosenberg, her best friend since freshman year of high school. The redhead instantly hugged her, and Buffy couldn’t help but smile.

‘I’m home for the next three months,’ she thought. ‘Safe at home with my friends close by.’

“Hey,” Buffy said as the two girls separated, looking at each other. “I know it’s only been a month since I last saw you, but it seems like ages.”

“I know,” Willow agreed. “But I’m so happy you’re back! I can’t wait for you to meet someone.” Buffy raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

“A boyfriend?” she asked. Willow shook her head, blushing. “Then who is it?”

“A guy who was in my Elizabethan Literature class,” she answered. “He’s from London and had the opportunity to stay here and work with one of my professors on a project she’s undertaking.”

“So you offered to let him live with you?” Buffy asked, yawning. Willow frowned, nodding.

“You look like you didn’t get much sleep,” she said. “Did you have the dream last night?” Buffy nodded, looking away. Willow was the only person besides a therapist that she had confided in about the images that plagued her sometimes when she slept. “Is it getting any better?”

“Not at all,” Buffy answered quietly. “Things are starting to become more vivid, more clear. If anything, they’ve gotten worse.” She paused. “Dreams aren’t real. They don’t mean anything, right? They’re just something we subconsciously drum up while we sleep.”

“You’ve been telling yourself that for years now,” Willow replied. “And it doesn’t seem like you believe it any more than the last time I heard you say it.” Buffy’s shoulders slumped. “I know it’s hard for you, Buffy, and I’m going to do as much as I can to help. You know that.” Buffy managed a small smile.

“I know,” she said, sighing. “It’s just that I’ve tried as many resorts as possible- therapy, sleeping pills, dating Riley…nothing has helped.”

“Are you and Riley not together anymore?” Willow asked. Buffy nodded. “What happened?”

“I couldn’t sleep with him,” she shrugged. “I just got a little too freaked out, you know?”

“But you slept with Angel, didn’t you?” her friend asked.

“Yeah, and I was scared then, too,” Buffy said, looking down. “My idea of sleeping with someone just to try to forget about the dream didn’t work, and I couldn’t bring myself to go through with that again with Riley.”

“I don’t blame you,” Willow said. “I just wish I knew how to make things better for you.”

“Yeah,” Buffy said sheepishly before looking at her friend. “So, tell me about this guy you’re shacking up with.”

“It’s not like him and I are dating,” Willow mumbled, looking uncomfortable, causing Buffy to giggle. “He’s just a nice guy who needed a place to stay.”

“So why not live with a nice girl like you?” Buffy replied, smiling. Willow returned the gesture and looked at her watch.

“You know, I think he’s coming back from his Egyptian Mythology exam right about now,” Willow said.

“Wait- he took Elizabethan Literature and Egyptian Mythology?” Buffy asked, smirking. “He must be as much of a bookworm as you.” Willow giggled.

“No, I think I’m worse than he is,” she replied. “But he’s really intelligent. I think you’ll like him.”

“I’ll have to meet him sometime then,” Buffy said. Willow grinned and grabbed her friend’s hand. “What’re you doing?”

“Come on,” she replied. “Let’s go introduce you to William.” Buffy shook her head vehemently as Willow dragged her to her car.

“Please don’t do this,” Buffy pleaded as her friend playfully shoved her into the car. Buffy crossed her arms and pouted. “I hate when you get like this. Where’s sweet, laid-back Willow?”

“She’s around here somewhere,” Willow laughed, starting the car and heading towards her home.

“I look horrible,” Buffy muttered, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. “Couldn’t you have hostaged me when I actually looked good?”

“You always look good,” Willow replied. “Besides, he’s going to like you, I’m sure of it.”

“And what makes you so sure?” Buffy asked curiously, looking at her friend.

“Because you’re the type of girl that guys would die for,” Willow said, focusing on something outside. “And I think that when you meet the right guy, maybe the dream will go away.” She hesitated. “Well, maybe. I think you need to feel absolutely safe in order for that to happen.”

‘Which is highly unlikely,’ Buffy thought, frowning.

“And you think this William guy might be a potential Mr. Right?” she asked. Willow shrugged.

“You never know,” she answered, pulling up to her house minutes later. An old black car pulled in behind them as the girls got out, and when Buffy saw the driver of the car, her heart stopped and her body froze, panicked.

‘It can’t be,’ she thought, studying the man’s features. ‘There’s no way. I’ve never seen him before today…this can’t be happening. No, this isn’t real. I’m asleep, and it’s just a nightmare.’ She felt her eyes filling up with tears. ‘This isn’t real.’ It was seconds later when she blacked out.
***************************************************************************


A/N Okay, this is my second attempt at a story, and I wanted to go with a somewhat dark plot for this one. After reading several great fics based on dreams that either Buffy or Spike had, I decided that I wanted to do one, too, except this time, I wanted the dream to be horrible, unnerving. I hope everyone liked this first chapter, and I promise a lot of angst and some potentially disturbing situations. Reviews are encouraged and appreciated! Thanks!:)
Don't Touch Me by Allison
A/N This chapter covers the dream Buffy has, which includes rape. If this isn't something you want to read, skip over the first part.
***************************************************************************

Images swirled through her head, reminding her of every second of the dream until she was forced to see it all again from start to finish.

Buffy was pushed onto the bed by the man behind her and was held down by one of his feet, which was pushed into her stomach. She gasped in pain, feeling as if all of the air was draining out of her lungs. She looked at him, tears clouding her eyes, as she begged him to let her go.

“Please,” she whimpered, on the verge of sobbing. “Please let me go.” The man smirked at her and grabbed one of the shackles that were hanging from the wall behind the head of the bed. He linked it to her right wrist before repeating his actions on her left wrist, leaving her hands and arms immobilized for the most part.

“You’re lucky the manacles I use for ankles are broken,” the man said in a low voice. “But I think I can work without them.” Tears rolled down Buffy’s cheeks as the man ripped her shirt down the middle. She knew there was nothing she could do, that he wouldn’t let her leave until he was satisfied. That is, if he ever decided to let her go. Her screams were futile, and somehow, she knew that no one could hear her, no matter how loud or shrill she was. She was stuck in some dark and dirty bedroom, her wrists chained and a man covering her body with his as he stripped her of all of her garments, tearing off her bra and panties to reveal her nude form to him. “You’re as pretty as a picture, aren’t you, baby?” His words made her want to throw up, and it took a lot of restraint not to. He slid off his black t-shirt and tossed it aside before undoing the button of his jeans. “It’s too bad you can’t touch me. You have beautiful hands.”

“Then why don’t you take off these cuffs and let my hands free?” she asked, a hint of hopefulness in her tone.

“Because I don’t think you’d stick around if I let your hands free,” the man replied, smiling. “And I don’t plan on letting go of you. Not yet at least.” Her eyes were beginning to burn from all of the tears that she had cried. Her nausea only increased when he discarded his jeans, his erection now in plain sight. Her throat was dry and aching from screaming, and all she wanted was water and to be free. She tried to swallow, but it didn’t work. “What’s wrong, kitten?”

“Water,” she rasped out. “Please.” The man chuckled and positioned himself between her thighs.

“You’ll get water if you’re good,” he replied. Her heart sank even more, in disbelief that the monster on top of her wouldn’t even grant a simple request like giving her water.

‘Whenever I get free, I’m going to kill him myself,’ she thought. ‘That is, if I get free.’ Her thoughts were interrupted by a sharp, shooting pain as the man thrust inside of her quickly, piercing through her virginity. She screamed in agony, more tears leaking out of her eyes. He groaned loudly as he filled her completely.

“You’re so tight,” he said, stilling once inside of her to let her muscles adjust to him. He looked down, locking eyes with her. “I’m never going to let you go.”





When Buffy woke up from her fainting spell, she was staring into the same ocean-blue eyes from her dream. Terror flooded her body again as she managed to sit up, noticing that her friend was beside her.

“Are you okay?” Willow asked, running her hand over Buffy’s hair. “Thank god William caught you before you hit the ground. I can’t imagine what would’ve happened otherwise.” Buffy looked at the stranger, seeing how worried he was.

“Maybe we should get you inside, luv,” he suggested, gently grabbing her upper arm. She wrenched free of his grasp instantly, noticing the hurt expression on his face. He looked at Willow, who helped her friend stand up on wobbly legs.

“Yeah, he’s right,” Willow said. “Maybe you just need to eat something.” Buffy shook her head, backing away from the two people in front of her. “Buffy?”

“I need to go home,” she said quietly, wrapping her arms around herself protectively and taking another step back. “I’m sorry.” She turned and began quickly walking away, wanting nothing more than to be home in bed with all of the doors and windows locked.

‘This isn’t real,’ she said to herself. ‘All of this is just a dream. That man doesn’t exist, and he wasn’t just with you. He’s just a figment of your imagination.’ Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm again, and as Buffy whirled around to see who it was, she balled up her fist and punched her assailant’s nose. It was then that she realized it was William, his hands now covering his nose as blood gushed out.

“Bloody fucking hell,” he said loudly, looking at her. She instantly felt guilty after seeing how much she had hurt him.

‘He’s not the same guy from the dream,’ she thought. ‘He can’t be. There’s just no way.’

“I’m so sorry,” she said quickly, moving forward to try to see the damage she had done, but he took a step back from her.

“Don’t come any closer to me,” he growled, turning around and storming back to Willow’s house. Willow was standing on the front lawn, looking terrified by what had transpired within the last five minutes.

‘I really need to talk to her,’ she thought as William walked right past her, blood on his hands and face. ‘After I patch him up.’ Willow looked at Buffy and frowned when she saw tears rolling down the blonde’s cheeks. As Willow took a step forward to approach her, Buffy spun around and began walking home, not wanting to deal with any of the questions she was sure to face if Willow stopped her.

‘It’s just too much,’ Buffy thought, wiping off her cheeks as she crossed the street. ‘Way too much.’
***************************************************************************


A/N I hope people liked this chapter, considering the fact it was emotionally hard to write. Reviews would be splendid!:)
Itty Bitty Puzzle Pieces by Allison
Willow gave William a few minutes to wash up before going up to the guest bedroom. He was lying on his bed, looking out the window while he rested a towel filled with ice cubes on his nose. She knocked on the door quietly, but he didn’t look at her.

“Can I come in?” Willow asked meekly. He didn’t answer her, so she cautiously took a few steps towards him. “Can I get you anything?”

“How about a restraining order?” he mumbled, his gaze still fixed on something outside. She smiled slightly. “Your friend sure packs a hell of a punch, although I daresay I didn’t deserve it.” He looked at the redhead with a sad expression. “I swear I didn’t do or say anything to her. I don’t understand why she punched me.”

“Buffy and guys don’t tend to mix well,” Willow replied, walking forward to sit on the edge of the bed. “And you probably startled her when you caught up to her and grabbed her arm. I know I would’ve freaked out, too.”

“But would you have instantly slugged the person who grabbed you?” he asked, shifting the ice on his nose and wincing.

“I don’t know, maybe,” she shrugged. “Besides, she’s lived in L.A. for the past year- I’m sure she had to be pretty defensive when walking the streets alone.”

“In broad daylight? Practically in front of her friend’s house?” he asked, looking at Willow. She frowned.

“I agree that her reaction to the situation wasn’t exactly good, but I don’t blame her, and I don’t think you should, either,” Willow said. “Buffy was just trying to protect herself.”

“She had no reason to be scared,” he muttered, looking outside again. “It’s not like I was attacking her or something.”

‘Attacking…Buffy’s nightmare,’ Willow thought, her mind beginning to process things. ‘She always said it was a Billy Idol clone who was hurting her…oh god.” She looked at the man beside her, and things began falling into place. ‘Xander told me that he looked like a British punk rocker once…and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to put the puzzle pieces together.’ She frowned. ‘He has no idea about this, any of this. And I really need to talk to Buffy.’

“William, just trust me when I say that Buffy’s kind of sheepish about guys, especially strangers,” Willow said quietly. He looked at her, an eyebrow somewhat raised. “She had a psycho for a boyfriend in high school, and ever since…she’s had problems with men.”

“I’m not a bad guy,” he replied. “I didn’t mean to scare her. I just wanted to make sure she was okay and offer to walk her home.” He frowned. “And now I’ve got a potentially broken nose because I was trying to be nice.” She gave him a sympathetic smile.

“I know you’re a good person, William,” Willow said, patting his hand. “Just give her time. I’m sure she’ll warm up to you.”

“After how many more injuries?” he asked, managing a weak smile. “An estimate would be nice.”

“I guess we’ll just have to see,” she replied, standing up. “If you need anything, I’ll be in the next room.” She got to the door and heard him speak again, causing her to turn around to look at him.

“I’d like to see her again,” he said. “You know, to apologize for what happened.” She smiled at him.

“I think that can be arranged,” she replied. “And besides, I’m sure she’ll be nice out of the guiltiness of her heart when she sees how bad your nose looks.” He made a face before getting up to look at one of the mirrors in the room.

“Bloody hell,” he said, staring at his reflection. She smirked and went to her room, shutting the door and grabbing her cordless phone before sitting on her bed.

“Time to work on part two of damage control,” she said to herself, sighing before dialing a familiar phone number.

* * *

When Buffy picked up the phone, Willow felt relieved at the thought that Buffy had made it home safely.

‘Not that Sunnydale is crime central, but I still worry about her,’ she thought, sighing.

“So, I saw that you took some aggression out on my houseguest,” Willow said, her tone light, trying to mask the concern that was laced in it.

“He hates me now, doesn’t he?” Buffy asked sadly, flopping down onto her bed and resting her head on a pillow.

“He just was shocked,” Willow replied. “And maybe a little bit hurt by it. He didn’t mean to alarm you.”

“I know,” Buffy said. “But I…I’m just used to being all panicky when something strange happens to me.”

“He looks like the guy from your dream, doesn’t he?” Willow asked, deciding to face the problem head-on.

“He is the guy from my dream,” Buffy answered, shutting her eyes. “I just don’t get it, Willow. I don’t understand why this is happening to me.”

“Come on, Buffy- there are so many girls out there who would die to meet the man of their dreams,” Willow replied sheepishly, trying to keep some humor in the conversation to keep Buffy from flipping out any more than she already had.

“You’re not funny, Will,” Buffy replied sternly, causing Willow to frown. “What the hell am I supposed to do?”

“Maybe try getting to know him before you pass judgment on him because of what you’ve dreamed,” her friend answered. “You’ve said it yourself- dreams aren’t real. They’ll only be reality if you make them that way. William’s a really great guy, and I think that if you talk to him and learn more about him, you won’t be skittish of him. In fact, maybe it’ll make the dream go away.” She paused. “Buffy, you’ve tried every other trick in the proverbial book. Why not give this a shot? I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?”

“He becomes the monster from my nightmare,” Buffy replied sharply. “What then?”

“Buffy, I can’t make you any promises that the dream will go away, but William’s not that kind of guy,” Willow said. “I swear on a stack of Bibles that he’s not going to be like the man you’ve dreamed of. He’s better than that.”

“How can you swear on Bibles when your religion doesn’t believe in the second half of it?” Buffy asked, raising an eyebrow. “I thought the Jewish faith didn’t like the New Testament?”

“We’re not getting into the logistics of religion, Buffy,” Willow replied. “It’s the sentiment that counts. Now, are you willing to see him again and maybe try getting to know him?” There was silence on Buffy’s end of the phone line. “Buffy?”

“Fine,” she answered after a moment. “But if something goes wrong, you’re the first person I’m going to blame.”

“I can live with that,” Willow replied, seeing William walking around his room, muttering British curses. “Besides, it’s better to regret something that you tried than something you didn’t, right?”

“Yes, oh wise one,” Buffy said, smiling slightly. “You were always the smart one, Will.”

“I try,” the redhead replied, smirking. “Now, will you come over tonight to give William a chance?”

“Yeah yeah yeah,” Buffy said, waving her hand around dismissively, even though she was incredibly nervous and worried on the inside. “I’ll come over, but don’t forget who’s to blame if this all blows up.”

“Right,” Willow said. “You can pin the tail on me, the Jewish donkey.” Buffy giggled slightly.

“Right, on the jackass,” she smiled before hanging up. Willow looked at her phone with a shocked expression before shaking her head and hanging it up.

‘She should be so lucky to have a friend like me,’ she thought before heading towards William’s room again. ‘Now I just have to make sure that everything will go smoothly from here on out.’
***************************************************************************


A/N Well, here's my situation- my mom is having surgery tomorrow (Tuesday), so I can't promise an update in the next 24 hours. Maybe if I get an extremely high number of reviews, I'll write the next chapter whenever I get the time tomorrow. I want to thank everyone who reviewed the last 2 chapters- you're the reason I keep on writing more. Also, it was brought to my attention by two people now that a sequel for Just a Job would be nice to see. I'm willing to write it if more people want to read it. Tell me what you think please, and reviews are really nice to read:)
All Apologies by Allison
It took Buffy over an hour to get the courage to go to her friend’s house. She knew that the least she could do was give William a chance, especially since Willow seemed so certain that he was a good man.

‘Willow wouldn’t let some jerk live with her for the summer,’ Buffy thought. ‘And just because he’s insane and evil in my dreams doesn’t mean that he’s like that in real life. For all I know, he could be a big, fluffy puppy on the inside.’ She giggled to herself and got dressed in jeans and a tank top before driving to Willow’s house. After pulling into the driveway and giving herself a mental pep talk, she went to the door and rang the doorbell. She heard voices on the other side of the door before it opened, William on the other side of it. Buffy caught herself staring at his bruised nose, her hand moving to cover her mouth as she gasped. ‘I did that! What’s wrong with me?’ She paused. ‘You’re letting your dreams take over your life, that’s what’s wrong. Get a grip, Buffy.’ She gave him a sheepish smile.

“Hi,” she said. “I’m so sorry about what happened before. I wigged out and didn’t think before… I hit you.”

“It’s okay,” he replied, noticing a slight blush to her cheeks. “I’m sorry for scaring you. I didn’t mean to- I just wanted to walk you home.” She didn’t bother to mask her surprise as she smiled at him.

“Really?” she asked. He nodded, looking down so she wouldn’t see that he, too, was blushing a little. “How about a rain-check?” He looked at her and smirked. “And I’ll be sure not to punch you.”

“Sure,” he replied. “The offer stands for another time then.” She saw Willow walking towards them.

“Going to stand outside all night?” Willow asked, noticing that the two blondes seemed to be hitting it off somewhat.

‘At least Buffy seems kind of comfortable around him,’ she thought, looking at how her friend was looking at William. ‘Maybe things won’t be so bad after all.’ William ushered Buffy inside and led the two girls into the living room before sitting down on the couch.

“So, I thought we could have a movie night, if that’s okay,” Willow said, walking over to her DVD player and TV.

“Sure, I could use a laid-back night,” Buffy said, sitting on a recliner that was beside the couch. William looked at her and tried not to show the small amount of hurt he felt.

‘It would’ve been nice for her to sit with me,’ he thought. ‘But then again, I wouldn’t want to sit next to a stranger, especially one that I hit.’ He smiled to himself and saw her fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

“You alright, luv?” he asked quietly. She looked at him and nodded hesitantly before looking at her friend.

“So, what movie are we going to watch?” Buffy asked, hoping that William didn’t pick up on the hint of nervousness in her voice.

“I don’t know- should we watch a chick flick?” Willow asked, scouring through a stack of DVDs.

“Over my dead body,” William replied quickly, his eyes wide.

“I think that can be arranged,” Willow replied, smiling at him. “Maybe Buffy can knock you unconscious this time.” Buffy looked at her friend in disbelief. “I’m only kidding! Don’t freak out on me, okay?”

“You’re lucky you’re my best friend,” Buffy replied, crossing her arms. “Otherwise I’d punch you, too.” The two friends exchanged smiles before Willow pulled a DVD out of its case. “So? What’s the movie?”

“It’s a surprise,” Willow said, putting the DVD in the player and starting it. She sat on the couch next to William and turned off the lights as the movie began.

“‘Sleeping Beauty’?” William asked, shocked, staring at the redhead. Buffy raised an eyebrow before glaring at her friend.

“You’re cruel, Willow,” Buffy said sadly, slumping down in her seat. William looked at her with a confused expression, but Buffy just stared at the TV screen, upset.

* * *

When the movie ended, William looked over at Buffy and frowned. Her eyes were focused on the now black TV screen, and she didn’t seem responsive at all. He snapped his fingers in front of her eyes, and she blinked before looking at him.

“Huh? Did you say something?” she asked, looking between William and Willow.

“No,” he answered. “Are you okay, pet?” She looked at Willow and shook her head slightly.

“I think I’m going to go home,” she said, standing up. William did, too, and followed her to the front door. Willow watched the two with an odd expression. When Buffy opened the door, William gently placed a hand on her shoulder. She turned to look at him.

“Is everything alright?” he asked her quietly, seeing the anxiety in her eyes.

“I’m just tired,” she answered, looking away quickly. “Again, I’m sorry about your nose.”

“It’s okay,” he replied, tilting his head as he studied her. “Can we maybe hang out again sometime?”

“I don’t know,” she answered, looking at her car. “I’ll think about it.” He frowned. “I’m sorry, William.” She looked at him one last time before going to her car and getting in before speeding off. He shut the door and looked at Willow with a somewhat angry expression.

“What’s going on?” he asked, crossing his arms. She looked down and sighed. “Going to explain to me why she was catatonic there for a moment and why she seemed upset by your film choice?”

“It’s really not for me to tell you,” she answered, getting up and going to the stairs.

“Can you at least give me a hint?” he asked. She looked at him sadly.

“I guess you could say that you’re the man of her dreams,” she answered. “Well, I think nightmares would be the better word there.” He raised an eyebrow, confused. “That’s all I can tell you.”

“Nightmares?” he asked as she began walking up the steps. “That involve me?”

“Yeah,” she said quietly, looking at him when she got to the top landing. “She’ll talk to you about it when she’s ready.” She paused. “Probably.” She went into her bedroom and shut the door. William stared at the door for a while before going to his room and sitting down on his bed.

‘I don’t understand any of this,’ he thought. ‘I need to talk to Buffy. Now.’
***************************************************************************


A/N Since my mom is doing well, I decided to write and post this chapter tonight. I'm sure a lot of people will recognize this chapter's title since it's a Nirvana song. The story's title actually comes from a line of "Sleep To Dream" by Fiona Apple in case you were wondering LOL. I know Willow's character seems a little...different in this story, but I wanted to break the stereotypical mold of her for this. I suppose I might have ended this with a cliffhanger, but no worries- chapter 5 will be posted tomorrow/Wednesday. I hope everyone liked this chapter, and reviews make me smile!:)
A Midnight Stroll by Allison
William walked across the hallway to Willow’s room and knocked on her door. She opened it after a moment and looked at him, surprised.

“Where does Buffy live?” he asked quietly, shoving his hands in his jeans’ pockets.

“Close by,” she answered. “Why?” He looked down. “Don’t tell me you want to go over there.”

“I want to talk to her,” he replied. “And maybe she’ll give me an idea of what’s going on because I don’t think you’re going to budge, are you, Red?” She shook her head. “Exactly. So, what’s her address?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go over to Buffy’s house, especially right now,” she answered, looking at her clock. “It can wait until tomorrow.”

“I don’t want it to wait until tomorrow,” he said sternly, looking at the girl standing across from him. “Just give me her address. If she doesn’t want to see me, then I’ll come right back.” Willow sighed. “Scout’s honor.”

“You were a boy scout?” she asked in disbelief. He frowned. “I thought you once said that they were ‘poncy’.”

“They are,” he said quietly, and she noticed that he was blushing.

“Did you wear the little uniform, too?” she asked, giggling. He shot her a look and crossed his arms. “Fine, her address is 1630 Revello Drive. It’s a couple of blocks west of here. Make a right and two lefts, and you should find it.” He smiled at her and headed to the stairs. “William?” He turned to look at her. “Don’t push her to talk about anything, okay?” He raised an eyebrow. “If she wants to disclose something, she will. Don’t try one of those fancy psychology techniques I know you have, and that charming smile you have can only make so many girls come undone.”

“But apparently not you,” he said, winking at her and leaving the house. He walked down the path to the sidewalk and took a deep breath.

‘I just want to understand some things,’ he said to himself. ‘But it must be pretty serious if Willow wouldn’t talk to me about it.’ He paused. ‘And for all I know, she probably won’t talk, either.’ He sighed and began to follow Willow’s directions, navigating his way to Buffy’s house. When he got there, he saw her sitting out on the front porch, painting her toenails. He smiled at the sight and watched her for a moment before slowly approaching her. She looked up at him in surprise and closed the nail polish bottle.

“Hi,” she said quietly. “What’s up?” He sat on the railing of the porch and looked down.

“I was kind of hoping you’d tell me what’s going on,” he answered before looking at her again, seeing the odd expression on her face. “Come on, Buffy- I know something’s not right, and when I asked Willow-”

“What’d she say?” she asked quickly, sounding worried. He sighed and crossed his arms.

“She didn’t say anything,” he said, noticing how relieved she seemed. “But she said something about nightmares.” Buffy frowned and shut her eyes.

‘I don’t have to be honest with him,’ she thought. ‘Not like he’d know the difference.’ She paused. ‘But if he talked to Willow about it, there would probably be confusion, and then he’d find out I lied, and that would just be…not good.’ She opened her eyes and looked at him.

“So? Will you talk to me about whatever is going on?” he asked. She saw the concern in his eyes and realized that he really wasn’t like the man in her dreams.

‘He has compassion- the bastard I dream about is a monster,’ she said to herself. ‘I can trust him, can’t I? Willow does, and out of anyone, she seems to make the best judgments about people. “

“Fine,” Buffy conceded, which somewhat surprised him.

‘I thought I’d have to grovel a bit more to get her to cave in,’ he thought. ‘But this works even better.’

“What do you want to know exactly?” she asked, looking down.

“Well, Willow mentioned that you have a bad history with men, and then she said something about nightmares shortly before I came over,” he said. “So you can pick where you’d like to start, I guess.”

“I guess I’ll start with the guy portion then,” she said, hesitating and looking away. “Well, I guess it started with my dad. He wasn’t around too much, and when he was, he wasn’t father of the year by any means. Not that he was abusive or anything- he just wasn’t Mr. Brady.” She sighed. “My parents got divorced a few years ago, and he moved to L.A. Last I heard, he was in Spain with his secretary.”

“I’m sorry,” he replied, shifting uncomfortably. “Sometimes fathers are a bit…unseemly.”

“You really are British, aren’t you?” she joked, her tone light. He raised an eyebrow. “I don’t know the last time I heard someone say ‘unseemly’.” He smiled slightly. “And then about four years ago, I was dating this guy named Parker. I guess it wasn’t really that serious, considering we were only sophomores in high school, but I thought he was a really great guy.”

“Let me guess- he wasn’t?” William asked, already knowing which direction her story was going to go in.

“Nope, he wasn’t Prince Charming at all,” she answered. “One night, he came over when my mom was at work to watch a movie with me, and at some point, he tried forcing himself on me, and ever since then, I’ve been skittish of dating. I was with a couple of guys since then, but things haven’t really changed. I still am kind of afraid of trusting men in general.” Spike nodded, understanding what she was saying.

“I don’t blame you, pet,” he said. “But not every guy out there is evil. There are some pretty nice fish in the sea.”

“Like you?” she asked, looking at him with an unreadable expression. He shrugged.

“I like to think I’m a nice guy, yeah,” he answered. “I’ve never had anyone say I was evil or anything before.” She looked down as images from her dream swirled through her head. “Buffy?” She looked at him. “Are you okay?” She nodded and looked away. “So now that we’ve covered the dating history part of the conversation, what’s this about a nightmare? Willow alluded to it involving me somehow, which doesn’t really make sense considering we first met this afternoon.”

“I don’t really know how to explain it,” she said quietly. “But I swear that the man in my dreams is you, William. I don’t know how it all works, but it’s you, down to the scar you have on your left eyebrow.” He raised the aforementioned eyebrow. “I’ve had dreams about you for four years now, and none of this makes sense to me.”

“Well, what happens in this dream?” he asked. “I mean, Red mentioned it being a nightmare, so what happens that’s so scary?”

“You rape me,” she answered simply, ducking her head.
***************************************************************************


A/N As always, you can expect an update tomorrow...probably. This week has been super hectic for me, and I have a feeling that's not going to let up anytime before New Year's Day. Reviews would be very kind, and thank you to everyone who has left one (or several LOL)!:)
Where Do We Go From Here? by Allison
“I…what?” William asked quietly, staring at her in shock, appealing paler than normal. “I do what to you?”

“You rape me,” Buffy repeated, looking at him and seeing the confusion and worry in his eyes. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore.” She stood up and walked to the door, but he got to his feet and grabbed her forearm to stop her. “Please let me go.”

“I think we should talk about this more,” he replied, and she turned to face him.

“Yeah, you’re right,” she said. “But it’s getting late, and I…I just want to go inside.”

“Luv, if you’re having dreams about me…doing that to you, then we should talk it out,” he suggested firmly. “You know, maybe figure out why they started in the first place or why it’s me.”

“I don’t know why it’s you!” she said loudly, looking at him. “They started after the Parker incident, and they haven’t stopped. Just when I think that they have, I dream it again. It doesn’t stop, and as far as I’m concerned, they never will. I have no idea why it’s you in particular, and I don’t get it at all, but I doubt there’s an explanation, and I don’t want to waste my time sitting outside talking about something that makes me so uncomfortable.” She sighed and looked away. “Especially when it’s you that is involved.”

“But it isn’t me!” he replied exasperatedly, throwing his arms up. “The guy in your dream may look like me, but it isn’t actually me. I would never do something like that, Buffy. I’m not like that.” She looked at him. “Pet, I’m a good man. I don’t know how to make you believe me, but I’m not the guy that you think I am.”

“I don’t know what to think,” she said sadly. “But Willow trusts you, so that’s saying something.” He frowned. “I don’t want to judge you because of the dream, William, I really don’t. But I can’t help but think-”

“I know,” he replied, sounding defeated, looking down. “I guess I understand.” She took a hesitant step towards him and tilted his chin up so that he’d look at her.

“You’re here for the next couple of months, living with my best friend,” she began. “It’s not like I can hide from you, William.” She paused. “And I don’t think that I want to.” He raised an eyebrow. “I mean, you seem nice, and I’m willing to learn more about you. I think that I’d like to try being friends.” She smiled slightly. “Okay?”

“Really?” he asked, sounding surprised. “I mean, I understand if you don’t want-”

“Trying to talk me out of it?” she asked, giving him a dazzling smile. He grinned.

“Just double-checking that you’re sure,” he said. “Not that you look back on it one day and regret your decision.”

“The only reason why I’d regret it is if you do something wrong,” she said, opening her door. He put his hand on her bare shoulder, which sent tingles running through both of them.

“I won’t give you a reason to regret it then,” he promised. She nodded and took a step inside. “I should head back to Willow’s. Goodnight, Buffy.” He turned and walked down the porch stairs before he heard her.

“William?” she asked quietly. He turned to look at her again. “I don’t think you’re a monster or evil- I’m just skittish about guys, and the dream doesn’t really help matters much. I’m sorry for the way I’ve been acting around you.” She frowned. “And for punching you.” He smirked.

“You’re forgiven, pet,” he said. “I understand.”

“Goodnight then, William,” she replied, watching him walk away.

‘You’re doing the right thing, Buffy,’ she said to herself. ‘Everyone deserves a chance, especially a man who seems to care.’ She paused. ‘And it’s not like I’ve known too many of them as it is.’ She closed the front door behind her and went up to her bedroom. ‘Just please do not let me have the dream tonight.’

* * *

William returned to Willow’s and went up to his room, shutting the door and sitting on his bed, looking out the window with a smile on his face. He heard a quiet knock before the door opened, allowing Willow to peek in.

“Hey,” she said, letting herself in and closing the door again. “So, how’d it go?”

“Well, we talked about some things,” he answered. “The men she’s had in her life, who, by the way, sound like wankers, and the dream.” Willow sat beside him.

“Did that go okay?” she asked, sounding worried. He shrugged.

“I don’t understand how I can be in her dreams, especially if they started that long ago,” he said, looking at his friend. “And the thought that I hurt her scares me.” She rested her hand on his back as he looked outside again. “You know I’m not like that, Red. I don’t hurt people, especially girls.”

“I know,” she agreed. “You’re a good person, William. If you weren’t, I wouldn’t have let you stay here.” She smiled. “And the fact that you make awesome hot chocolate is just a bonus.” He smiled. “I trust you with her, and that’s something I haven’t been able to say about too many guys before.” He looked at her. “Just don’t give me a reason to kick you out or beat you over the head with a shovel, okay?”

“I’d like to see you try,” he replied, grinning. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

“I’ll have you know that I can be quite feisty, thank you,” she said, sticking her chin up defiantly. He chuckled and watched her stand up, walking to his door. “So what happens from here between you two?”

“We’re friends,” he answered, smiling. She returned the smile and nodded, going to her room.

‘And I can’t bollocks it up,’ he said to himself. ‘She’s giving me a chance- I can’t screw it up. I owe her that much.’
***************************************************************************


A/N So here’s the latest situation- the story could potentially end here. But the choice is yours, gentle reviewers. Do you want more, or would you like me to do the sequel of Just a Job right away? Tell me what you’d like to see because frankly, I’ll do either. I'd prefer to continue with this one because I’ve got some pretty good ideas for more chapters while I don’t really have any for Just a Job, but if there’s enough call for it, then I’ll work on it. Please review and tell me what you think! Thanks!:)
Take Me Out by Allison
About two weeks had passed, and Buffy spent a lot of time with Willow and William, getting to know him more and finding out for herself that he indeed wasn’t the guy that she had dreams about. But to her chagrin, the dreams didn’t stop during that time, and whenever she saw William, it took her a bit of time to convince herself that he was a genuinely good guy. Nonetheless, she was proud of herself for warming up to him and giving him a chance to prove to her how nice he was.

When Willow called one afternoon to invite Buffy out to a movie later on with her, her friend Oz, and William, Buffy happily agreed to go.

“It’ll be like a cute double date,” Willow suggested. Buffy sat on her bed, frowning.

“It’s not a date for Will and I,” she replied. “Him and I are just friends. How many times do I have to say that to you?”

“But you guys are just so adorable together sometimes,” her friend said. “It’s kind of fun to watch you two talk when you don’t think I’m looking or when he hugs you goodnight before you go home.” Buffy smiled to herself and went to her closet, trying to pick out an outfit. “And I totally just heard you open up your closet doors, so I’m thinking that you might consider tonight a mini-date for you and him, also.”

“You’re delirious,” Buffy replied, grabbing a hanger with her favorite black dress on it.

“And let me guess- you’re holding that dress you like so much?” Willow asked, giggling. Buffy raised an eyebrow before going to the window and staring outside of it.

“What makes you think that?” Buffy asked, looking around to make sure Willow wasn’t watching her or something.

“Because before every date you used to go on, you’d go into your closet, grab that dress, and hold it in front of you whilst looking in a mirror to decide if it was too dressy or not for wherever you were going,” her friend said. “Am I wrong?”

“No,” Buffy sighed, putting the dress back. “But you’re reading too much into things. I like being friends with William. He’s a really sweet guy.”

“That he is,” her friend agreed. “I just don’t understand why you won’t date him.”

“Because I just want to stay friends for a while,” Buffy said. “I barely know him.”

“But you like what you know,” Willow replied. “And isn’t that enough?”

“Drop it,” Buffy said, grabbing a pair of jeans and a black blouse. “I’ll meet you at your house tonight.”

“Sounds good,” Willow said. “But will you consider dating William? Please? It’d make him really happy.”

“You’re insufferable,” Buffy said before hanging up and tossing the cordless phone aside.

‘Dating William…no, don’t even think about it, Summers,’ she thought.

* * *

When Buffy arrived at Willow’s house, the three others were sitting on the front porch, waiting for her and talking. William watched her approach the house and tried to withhold a smirk.

‘She always looks so beautiful,’ he said to himself, studying her. ‘And I love the way the sun’s dying rays make her look like she’s glowing…stop trying to be poetic, ponce.’

“Hey, everyone,” Buffy greeted, coming to stand beside him. “Are we all set to go?”

“Yeah,” Willow said. “We’re just going to take Oz’s van, if that’s alright with you two.” Both William and Buffy nodded before following Willow and Oz to his large van, parked out on the street. The four got in, William and Buffy in the back together. Oz started the van, and Buffy leaned over to William.

“Do you know what we’re going to see?” she asked quietly, trying not to disrupt the two up front who were talking about Oz’s band. William smiled softly.

“I think Willow said it’s one of the old classics,” he answered. “Either that, or something with animals.” Buffy giggled, and William considered that sound to be music to his ears.

‘I love when she does that,’ he thought. ‘I wish I could get her to do that all of the bloody time.’

When they finally arrived at the movie theater, Oz and William both offered to pay for the girls’ tickets along with their own. Buffy instantly started thinking about her phone conversation with Willow from that afternoon.

‘Does he think it’s a date?’ she asked herself. ‘Because it isn’t…is it?’

“Well, then I’m paying for snacks,” Buffy said, looking at William as he handed her a ticket.

“I don’t think I need a snack,” he replied before leaning to her ear. “Unless you’re my treat.” She blushed and noticed his smirk before playfully punching his arm. “But thanks for the offer.” The two couples walked into their designated theater after going to the snack bar, and it was decided that Willow and Oz would sit in front of William and Buffy. Buffy was a little apprehensive of sitting alone with William, even if Willow would be directly in front of her.

‘I think I trust him,’ she thought. ‘But I really wish I knew if he thought tonight was a date or not.’ It was then that she felt something hit her shoulder. She raised an eyebrow as she watched Willow grab a Sour Patch Kid out of her box and toss it behind her, the piece of candy hitting Buffy’s ear.

“Hey! You’re wasting candy!” Buffy laughed, grabbing a piece of popcorn out of her bucket and throwing it in her friend’s hair. Willow whirled around and pelted another Sour Patch Kid at Buffy. William watched the two girls with interest before grabbing a handful of Buffy’s popcorn.

“At least these won’t be wasted,” he said, and Buffy looked at him, smiling. He returned the gesture right before the lights went down and turned completely off. For the moment, the candy war was over, but for the two blondes, the battle was just beginning.
***************************************************************************


A/N First off, I must apologize for not updating at all over the weekend, but my life has been fairly hectic over the last week. I finally have a lot of free time again, so I should be returning to my nightly updating schedule starting tonight. Now, I have another question- for those who want to see a sequel to Just a Job, what do you want to happen in it? I honestly have no idea what to write in the sequel, and unless I get ideas, I probably won't write it (because I really DON'T have ideas). I hope people liked this chapter, and I'd love reviews! Please?!? They make me smile:)
Life's Full of Surprises by Allison
Buffy and William went to the local mall together several days after the movie by themselves while Willow hung out with Oz at band practice. After going through several stores, Buffy had accumulated quite a few bags, all of which William carried, not complaining once.

“Aren’t those getting heavy?” she asked. “I can carry them, Will. I’m not as feeble as I may look.”

“I don’t doubt it,” he replied. “But I’m fine, really.” She smiled at him. “So, are you doing anything tonight?”

“No, not that I know of,” she answered, looking at a display of shoes through a store’s window. “Why?”

“Well, Red mentioned that she was going out somewhere with Oz, and I’m not doing anything,” he began, and Buffy turned her attention to him.

‘Is he trying to ask me out on a date?’ she asked herself, trying not to smile at how shy he seemed suddenly.

“Would you maybe want to do something?” he asked, looking down, fearing she’d reject him.

“Sure,” she answered, and he looked at her, smiling. “Like a date?”

“A date?” he asked, raising an eyebrow before smirking. “Do you want it to be?”

‘No,’ she thought. ‘Yes.’ She paused. ‘I don’t know, maybe.’ She sighed. ‘I don’t see why not. He’s been really great to me, and I should give him a chance, right? Maybe Buffy and guys can mix again and not implode, self-destruct.’

“Sure,” she finally answered, and his smile grew. “What did you want to do?”

“Well, I guess I hadn’t put much thought into it,” he replied. “I didn’t really expect you to agree to going anywhere with me.” She frowned.

“Why not?” she asked, heading towards the exit of the mall.

“I didn’t know if you’d feel comfortable or not if it was just us two,” he said quietly, looking away from her.

“If I didn’t feel comfortable, I wouldn’t be here with you right now,” she pointed out, smiling. He looked at her and chuckled.

“Yeah, I hadn’t even thought of that,” he replied, getting her to giggle. “I love when you do that.” She blushed and ducked her head. “So, where would you like to go tonight?”

“We could go to the miniature golf place on the edge of town,” she suggested. “I’m not terribly good at it, but sometimes it’s amusing.” He looked at her.

“Should I trust you with a metal golf club around me?” he asked jokingly.

“I’d be more afraid of the ball,” she laughed. “Because nine times out of ten, I end up hitting it too hard, and it flies off the green, and the last time I went there with Willow, she ended up leaving with bruises on her legs.” He laughed as she began pouting. “It’s not funny.”

“Oh, pouty, look at that lip,” he said, smiling at her. She blushed again.

‘God, that’s so endearing,’ he thought.

“Or how about bowling?” she asked, looking at him. He raised an eyebrow.

“Weren’t you just telling me I should beware of you playing a sport with a ball?” he asked.

“Are golf and bowling considered sports?” she asked, tilting her head. He shrugged. “Besides, I can control a bowling ball much more than a golf ball.”

“Probably because it’s heavier,” he replied, and she nodded. “Is that what you want to do then?”

“If you’re up for it, too,” she said. He smiled. “Then that’s what we’re doing.” They walked outside and to her car. “I even have my own bowling shoes.” He smirked.

“Are you serious?” he asked. She looked at him with a smile.

“Yep,” she answered. “Willow and I used to go all of the time in high school, so we bought matching shoes. I think I’ve only worn them twice, but they were a steal.”

“I’m sure they were,” he chuckled, and she playfully swatted his arm. “Hey! I just carried about twenty pounds of bags for you.” She smiled and rubbed the spot where she hit him before leaning up to lightly kiss his cheek. He raised an eyebrow before smiling at her, noticing that she was slightly blushing again. “Feel free to hit me all you want, kitten, if that’s how you’ll repay me.” She giggled and opened the trunk of her car, letting him put all of her bags inside before closing it. They got into her car, and as she started it, Buffy couldn’t help but look at him with a smile.

“So, we’re going out bowling tonight?” she asked. He looked at her and grinned.

“Yep, with your shoes,” he answered. The two laughed as she drove away, and surprisingly, Buffy wasn’t nearly as anxious about going out with him as she thought she’d be.

* * *

“I can’t believe you know how to bowl so well,” Buffy said as the two left the bowling alley later on that night. “I mean, how many strikes can a person get in one game?”

“Should’ve known you’d underestimate me,” he laughed. She smiled and shook her head in disbelief.

“Did you bowl back in London?” she asked. “I didn’t even know the game existed there.” They got to her car, and she tossed her shoes in the backseat before starting the engine.

“Did you have fun tonight?” he asked hesitantly, and she smiled widely at him.

“Of course! I didn’t go bowling at all over the last year, so it was nice to be back,” she answered before pausing. “Didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but then again, I kicked your ass,” he grinned, and she laughed.

“Wait until next time- I’m going to practice more and show you that I’m a swell bowler,” she replied, heading towards Willow’s house.

“Well, you do have your own shoes,” he pointed out, chuckling. She pouted and looked at him. “I have no doubt that you’re a good bowler, luv. You did an exceptional job tonight.”

“It just wasn’t good enough apparently,” she replied, shrugging. He put his hand on hers while it was resting on the steering wheel. She looked at him, surprised.

“It was more than good enough,” he said, gently squeezing her hand. She smiled as he brought her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it before lacing her fingers with his and resting their interlocked hands in the space between their two seats. She grinned and focused on the road as she drove, arriving all too soon in front of Willow’s house. They both got out, walking to the front door in awkward silence. “Do you want to come in? Red might be home.” Buffy smiled softly before looking at her watch.

“I think I should probably head home,” she answered. “I have an early morning tomorrow. Mom wants me to help her clean out the attic.” He nodded and looked down. “But I had a really nice time tonight. We should do stuff like this more often.” He looked at her and smiled.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” he said, his hand moving up on its own volition to slightly caress her cheek. She gently pressed her cheek into his hand, shutting her eyes for a moment. It was in that second when he leaned down and gave her a chaste kiss before backing off a little to see her reaction. Buffy’s eyes opened slowly, focusing on his as she smiled.

“Goodnight, William,” she said quietly, taking a small step back.

“Goodnight, Buffy,” he said, watching her go to her car and get in. As she drove away, he finally allowed himself to grin.

‘I’d say I’m making progress, aren’t I?’ he thought. ‘Maybe I’ll get the girl after all.’
***************************************************************************


A/N Shockingly, I finished writing this chapter fairly quick, so I'm posting it early:) I hope people liked their first kiss (albeit a minor one), and I'd appreciate reviews/suggestions!
A Time to Date by Allison
A couple of weeks passed, and Buffy found herself growing more attached to William every time they went out somewhere or spent time together. While she was picking out clothes for the night one afternoon, her mom came in and sat on her bed, watching her daughter hold up clothes and make faces at them before tossing them into a pile on the ground.

“Don’t tell me you need a whole new wardrobe to impress somebody,” Joyce joked, smiling. Buffy looked at her mom and blushed.

“When did you get in here?” she asked. “I didn’t notice, sorry.”

“It’s okay,” her mother replied. “You seemed pretty preoccupied with your clothing.”

“I just don’t know what to wear tonight,” Buffy responded, putting her hands on her hips and staring at the clothes left in her closet. “Oz’s band is playing, and I feel like William’s seen me wear all of this already.”

“So, when do I get to meet this boy you’re so smitten with?” Joyce asked, noticing her daughter blush more.

“You want to meet him?” Buffy asked sheepishly, looking at her mom. Joyce nodded. “Well, you see…”

“I don’t see why not,” Joyce said. “I’d like to make sure he’s a good guy for you. You know, a stable one who isn’t pierced, tattooed, and doesn’t go by the name Snake or Spike or something else odd.” Buffy laughed and spotted a black mini-skirt that she used to love wearing in high school. She grabbed it and held it up to look at before deciding it would work perfectly.

“He’s a good guy, mom,” Buffy said. “He’s sweet, and intelligent, and he’s just…wonderful.” Joyce saw the dreamy look in her daughter’s eyes and smiled warmly.

‘That’s a sure sign of young love,’ she thought, happy that her daughter finally seemed content in a relationship.

“So when do I get to meet Mr. Wonderful then?” Joyce asked. “He’s been your boyfriend for-”

“He’s not my boyfriend,” Buffy cut in quickly, and Joyce raised an eyebrow. “Him and I’ve never really discussed the dating thing. We just go out to places and have fun together.”

“So you’re dating then?” Joyce laughed, and Buffy shot her mother a look.

“I don’t know,” she answered before trying to shoo her mother out of the room. “Now leave so I can try to look pretty.”

“You always look pretty, dear,” Joyce said. “But I expect to meet this boy tonight, okay?”

“Yes, Mom,” Buffy replied, closing her bedroom door and leaning back against it.

‘If he meets Mom, he might assume it’s serious between us,’ she thought. ‘Is it serious? Are we seriously dating?’ She shut her eyes. ‘She raised too many questions…thanks, Mom.’

* * *

When the doorbell rang at seven that night, Joyce intervened before Buffy got downstairs and opened the door. William was waiting there patiently and looked at the older woman, surprised.

“You must be the infamous William,” Joyce said, extending a hand. He smiled and shook it.

“And you must be Mrs. Summers,” he replied. She opened the door wider to let him inside.

“You can call me Joyce,” she said. He stepped in and watched as Buffy walked down the stairs.

‘How is it that she always looks so beautiful?’ he asked himself. ‘And could her skirt be any shorter? Not that I’m complaining…she’s got a fabulous set of legs.’ Buffy smirked as she watched him appraise her outfit.

“Hello, Will,” she said quietly, snapping him out of his trance. He looked at her and smiled.

“Hi,” he replied. “I was just meeting your lovely mum.” Joyce smiled at him before looking at her daughter.

“You two are heading to the Bronze?” she asked, and Buffy nodded. “Well, have fun. And try not to come home too late, okay?”

“I promise to have her home early,” William said, winking at Joyce. She smiled and watched as the couple went to the door.

“Have a good night, kids,” she said. “And it was nice to finally meet you, William.”

“You, too, Joyce,” he said. Buffy and William walked outside and to his car. “She’s a nice lady.”

“Yeah, she really is,” Buffy smiled. He opened her car door for her. “And I think she likes you, too.” William smiled and closed the door after Buffy got in before going to the driver’s side and getting in.

“I hope I see her again sometime,” he said, and Buffy looked at him.

“Well, if you play your cards right, you probably will,” she said, smirking. He chuckled and began to drive to the Bronze.

* * *

After a fairly long set by Oz’s band, Buffy and William separated from Willow and Oz to head home. As they were driving to Buffy’s house, she remembered what her mother had said to her that afternoon.

“William?” Buffy asked hesitantly, looking at him. He looked at her for a moment before his eyes returned to the road. “Are we dating?” He smiled slightly.

“Do you want us to be?” he asked, looking at her again after coming to a stoplight, noticing that she was blushing.

“Well, yeah,” she answered quietly, and he chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“You’re adorable, do you know that?” he asked, putting his hand on hers, which was resting on her thigh.

“So we’re dating then?” she asked, lacing her fingers with his.

“Looks like you’ve got a boyfriend,” he replied, grinning at her. She giggled.

“Looks like you’ve got a girlfriend,” she said, leaning over to kiss him. He grazed her cheek with his free hand and smiled. A car honked behind them, and the couple started laughing before he continued to drive to her house. “William?”

“Yes, luv?” he asked, looking at her for a brief moment before pulling up in front of her house.

“Thank you,” she said quietly, looking at him. He raised an eyebrow, smiling.

“For what?” he asked. She leaned over to give him a good-bye kiss.

“For everything,” she answered simply before letting herself out of the car. He watched her walk inside before driving back to Willow’s. She was sitting in the living room, talking with Oz.

“So, how is everything going?” she asked excitedly.

“She’s my girlfriend,” William answered, grinning. Willow clapped, squealing. “Settle down, Red. It’s not like her and I are getting married or something.”

‘Although I probably wouldn’t object,’ he thought. ‘After I get to know her more.’ He paused. ‘Buffy in a white wedding dress…bad thoughts, William.’

“But this is a big step,” Willow replied. “First comes dating, then falling in love, then getting engaged, then marriage, then children…”

“Slow down,” William said, holding his hand up. “We’re just dating for now.”

“For now,” Willow agreed, smiling.
***************************************************************************


A/N I don’t necessarily believe that falling in love comes after dating…sometimes it comes before then. I just wanted to address that before someone brings it upJ I know that things seem well and fine for the blonde couple right now, but it’s only a matter of time before the angst kicks in and problems arise, trust me. I hope everyone liked this chapter, and as usual, reviews make me giggle, so please leave one!
So Much Can Change by Allison
Time passed quickly, and eventually, it was the first day of July. Both Buffy and William couldn’t believe that they had known each other for a month and a half and had only been dating for a few weeks. It was around this time that Buffy realized she’d be returning to UCLA in less than two months. A part of her seriously considered transferring to UC-Sunnydale, but when she remembered that Parker Abrams went there, she instantly decided against it, not willing to take any chances. She also began to wonder if William ever figured out who Parker was. She knew that she had talked about him the night they first met, purposely omitting his last name in case William knew who he was.

‘But how many guys are named Parker and attend that school?’ Buffy asked herself several times.

Nonetheless, William never brought up Parker or any of Buffy’s other relationships because he knew how much she would shut down emotionally if he had. He liked Buffy best when she was happy and talkative, and it was obvious that talking about parts of her past would not be a good idea. Whether he knew it or not, Buffy was thankful he never pushed her to disclose more of her history than she had that one night. It was too much for her, and she didn’t want his opinion of her to be swayed negatively by the information.

Besides not pushing her for information, he never tried to get her to do anything she didn’t want to do. He didn’t want to scare her off or have her break down- he just wanted her to be happy. He was falling hard for her, and he hoped that she felt the same way about him.

In fact, she did feel the same, and when she invited Willow to come over one night to order in pizza and watch chick flicks, Buffy brought the subject up.

“Willow, is it normal for girls to fall in love with someone after a month?” Buffy asked. When Willow looked at her friend with a surprised expression, Buffy quickly ducked her head, blushing. “Hypothetically?”

“Let me guess- you have a friend who’s in this situation?” Willow joked, smiling. Buffy looked her friend, frowning. “You’ve fallen in love with William?”

“I don’t know,” Buffy answered. “Maybe.” She ran her hands through her hair, sighing. “Is that bad?”

“Of course not,” Willow replied. Buffy raised an eyebrow. “People fall in love all of the time, sometimes even faster than you did with William. And it makes sense- he treats you impeccably well, you get along great, and you two are just so darn cute together. I’d love to have what you two share.”

“You’ve got something great going with Oz,” Buffy pointed out. Willow nodded, looking down.

“Yeah, we always have a great time together,” Willow said. “He’s sweet, intelligent, and… stoic.” Buffy laughed.

“So why do you not seem so happy about it?” Buffy asked. Willow looked at her friend.

“I don’t know if I’m really that attracted to him,” Willow shrugged. “I mean, he’s an amazing person, but I-”

“Dig someone else?” Buffy asked. Willow blushed and hesitantly nodded. Buffy’s eyes lit up. “Who?”

“Wait, weren’t we talking about you and William?” Willow said, hoping that Buffy would let the subject go.

“Yes, but I want to know about who else is in your life,” Buffy said. “Is he from school? Is he a bookworm, too?”

“Actually, Buffy,” Willow began, taking a deep breath. “It’s a girl.” Buffy felt her jaw drop slowly as she looked at her friend, making sure she was serious.

‘Willow’s a lesbian?’ Buffy asked herself. ‘Since when? I’m gone a year, and that much changed?’

“Are you okay?” Willow asked after a long moment, nervous that Buffy didn’t respond to her announcement.

“Huh?” Buffy asked, shaking out of her trance. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She paused, raising an eyebrow. “So you like a girl?” Willow nodded, looking anxious. Buffy smiled softly. “And what’s she like?” Willow grinned and hugged her friend. “Is it me?”

“What?” Willow asked, playfully smacking Buffy’s arm. “No, of course not. Her name is Tara. I think you’d like her.”

“So when do I get to meet her?” Buffy asked. Willow shrugged. “You know, we’re having girls’ night right now- you could invite her over.”

“Really?” Willow asked, her eyes widening. Buffy nodded. “Thanks!” She paused. “But not until we talk about you and William more. I want the full scoop.”

“There’s not too much to tell,” Buffy said. “I mean, there’s no way I’m topping your news.” Willow smiled. “I’ve fallen for Will, but I don’t know what’s going to happen when summer ends.”

“It’s not like you can’t come home on weekends to visit, and he could always go to L.A. to see you,” Willow said. Buffy nodded, looking down. “You two won’t break up, Buffy. I’m fairly positive you’ll stay together.”

“I hope so,” Buffy said. “But what if he finds someone down here? I wouldn’t know if he did or not.” She paused. “How can I keep him?”

“Tell him how you feel,” Willow answered. “Because I think he feels the same way about you, and I know that if you two are in agreement about your feelings, you’ll definitely stay together. And besides, William wouldn’t cheat on you. He’s not like that. He’s one of the most loyal people I’ve ever known.”

“I know,” Buffy smiled. “I just want to be sure that he’ll stay mine when I move back to L.A. for the year.”

“I don’t really know a certain way for him to stay yours,” Willow said, raising an eyebrow at the strange look in Buffy’s eyes.

“I do,” she replied, sighing and looking at her friend.

“And what exactly would that be?” Willow asked, confused.

“We sleep together,” Buffy answered. Willow frowned.

“Just because you sleep with someone doesn’t mean that they’ll stay around,” Willow replied.

“I know that, but it’ll give me a better shot, won’t it?” Buffy asked.

“Maybe,” Willow said. “But are you sure you want to do this? I mean, the last time you had sex with someone-”

“It didn’t go well,” Buffy finished for her. “I realize that, but William isn’t like Angel. We both know that.” Willow nodded, looking down. “If there has ever been a man in my life that I’ve trusted, it’s Will. And I think that I’m ready to move to the next step with him.”

“Do you think that maybe your dreams will finally end after you two sleep together?” Willow asked.

“I don’t know,” Buffy answered. “But it’s the only remedy I haven’t tried, and I’d do anything to stop having that nightmare.”

“So you want to have sex with William?” Willow asked, looking at her best friend intently. Buffy looked down and sighed before her eyes returned to Willow’s.

“Yes,” Buffy answered simply. Willow nodded and gave Buffy a hug.

‘That’s what I want to do,’ Buffy told herself. ‘Yes, that’s exactly what I want.’
***************************************************************************


A/N The angst shall begin soon, possibly in the next chapter. I want to thank everyone who has left reviews- you guys are so sweet! To Angela- I’ve gotten your e-mails and replied to them, but I don’t know if you’ve received them or not. If you haven’t, leave me a review and we’ll figure something out. But speaking of reviews LOL, I appreciate them immensely, so please leave me one:)
Choices by Allison
A couple of days later, it was July 4th, and Willow, Tara, William, and Buffy found themselves on a local beach, waiting for the fireworks to start. Tara and Willow had decided to try dating, and Willow was happy that her friends were so supportive of the new relationship. The two couples were seated on separate blankets, chatting about summer and school. Buffy was cradled in William’s arms while he sat behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder. For the first time in years, she felt comfortable being held so close by a man, and she knew that staying with William was going to be nonnegotiable at summer’s end.

‘I can’t imagine being with anyone else,’ she thought. ‘He’s perfect for me and makes me feel safe.’ She smiled to herself. ‘And he makes me happy, happier than I’ve ever been before.’ Buffy snuggled against William more, sighing contently.

“What’s wrong, pet?” he asked quietly. “Are you cold?” She shook her head.

“I just like when you hold me,” she answered, smiling. He kissed her temple and returned her smile.

“You two are just so cute,” Willow practically gushed, beaming at the two blondes. “I wish I had my camera.”

“Red, I think you’ve already taken about two rolls of just us,” William replied jokingly. “We’ve got enough, thanks.”

“You can never take too many pictures,” Willow said. “They chronicle certain events in life that you aren’t likely to remember when you’re old and gray.”

“Which will be about ten years for you, right, honey?” Buffy asked, looking at William and grinning. He playfully scowled and began to tickle her. She shrieked and attempted to fight back, but it was a worthless effort- he was too strong. “Uncle! Please? I give up.” He chuckled and kissed her for a moment before pulling back to look into her eyes. “Will?”

“You’re so beautiful,” he said quietly, loud enough for only her to hear. She blushed and ducked her head. “Are Buffy and I ever going to see half of the pictures you’ve taken of us?”

“Of course,” Willow replied, smiling. “I’m thinking of making a book for your wedding day.” Buffy raised an eyebrow as she looked at her friend before she felt William’s hold on her tighten slightly.

“Whatever you say,” William said, shifting his focus to the ocean. Buffy looked at him with a funny expression, but he just smiled. “What?”

“Nothing,” she answered, deciding not to delve into a deep subject matter like getting married.

‘Tonight’s about having fun with close friends and my boyfriend,’ she thought. ‘Absolutely no talk of the distant future. And I’m going to have a nice little chat with Willow later about the wedding day comment she made.’ Buffy paused. ‘Which didn’t seem to faze William at all.’

Overhead, fireworks began to be deployed into the night sky, and it was around then that Buffy realized she’d never been happier than she was at that exact moment. She had everything she wanted, and there was no way she was going to let it go.

* * *

After the fireworks finished, all four of them left and split up. Willow went to Tara’s apartment, and William drove Buffy back to her house, relishing every moment he had alone with her. When he pulled up in her driveway, she looked at him hesitantly, trying to mask her nervousness.

“You know, my mom is out of town this weekend,” she said quietly, and William looked at her, trying to figure out if she meant what he thought she did. “You could stay over tonight…I mean, if you want to.”

‘Of course I want to,’ he thought. ‘There’s nothing I’d like more than to spend a night with Buffy.’ He sighed. ‘But I don’t know if that’s a good idea. Things could happen, and I don’t know if she’s ready for that. If we’re both ready for that.’ He noticed the hurt look in her eyes.

‘He doesn’t want me, does he?’ she asked herself, looking outside quickly, trying to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes.

“Sure,” he answered, and she looked at him, surprised. “If you’d like me to stay, then I will.” She smiled and leaned over to kiss him before opening her car door and getting out. He parked the car, locked it, and followed her to her door. She let them inside and locked it behind them before going to the kitchen. “Buffy?” She turned around and looked at him. “Are you sure you want me to stay?”

“Yes,” she answered, returning to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. “William?” He looked into her eyes. “I love you.” Time stood still for him, his mind trying to process those three little words she had said to him. When he didn’t respond, Buffy instantly became uncertain, wishing she hadn’t said anything. She tried pulling away from him, but he wouldn’t let her. “I shouldn’t have…I’m so stupid.”

“No, you’re not,” he said quietly, resting his forehead against hers and smiling. “I love you, too.” She looked at him, a tear escaping her eye. “I love you so much, kitten. I’ve never felt this way before about anybody, Buffy. Never.” She kissed him, inwardly wishing that she’d never have to let him go.

“I’ve never felt like this either,” she replied, looking into his eyes. “Will, can we…” He raised an eyebrow as she took his hand in hers, lightly pulling him towards the stairs.

“Buffy,” he said, looking at her. “Are you sure about this?” She saw the skeptical look in his eyes and began to doubt herself. “I would think that after the dream you’ve had countless times involving me, you wouldn’t want to do this.” She squeezed his hand.

“You’re not the man in my dream,” she said, looking at him. “You’ve proven to me that you aren’t, and I trust you.” She got to the stairs and walked up them, leading him to her bedroom. He took a deep breath as he entered the room, knowing for sure that everything would change between them after that night.

* * *

It didn’t take long for the couple to end up lying in bed, both half-nude, kissing and exploring each other’s bodies. To her surprise, William’s body was slightly different than the man in her dream.

‘He’s more muscular,’ she thought happily. ‘A muscular teddy bear.’ He nuzzled his face into her neck, kissing the crook of it.

“I love you so much, Buffy,” he whispered, unbuttoning her shorts and slowly sliding the zipper down. “I’m never going to let you go.” He felt her tense up beneath him, and when he looked at her, it was obvious that she was emotionally shutting down, a blank look in her eyes. “Buffy?”

‘I’m never going to let you go,’ she said to herself, the words replaying in her head. The exact same words she had heard numerous times before. The same ones that she heard before she woke up in the morning, terrified. The ones that surely would never escape her memory.
***************************************************************************


A/N There definitely is angst in the upcoming chapter, along with at least one fight, but not necessarily between Buffy and Spike (that’s the only hint I’m giving). I hope people liked this chapter because sadly enough, it was hard for me to write. I don’t like when problems arise in happy relationships, but they are a part of life, and this piece was never meant to be light and fluffy. Also, I didn’t want to focus so much on the potential sex scene because the magnitude of his words was supposed to play a bigger role in this chapter. Please review, and if I get loads of them, maybe I’ll post chapter 12 tonight:)
What You Deserve (Part 1) by Allison
“Buffy?” William repeated, becoming even more concerned while Buffy remained somewhat catatonic. She began blinking rapidly as her eyes filled with tears, and she bolted upright, getting out of her bed and grabbing her shirt, pulling it on. “Luv? What’s going on?”

“I’m sorry,” she said quietly. “I can’t do this.” He sat up and leaned back on her pillows, watching her as she started pacing around the room.

“Okay, pet,” he replied. “We don’t need to do anything tonight. We can talk, or sleep, or-”

“I don’t want to sleep,” she mumbled, looking outside.

‘The dream is ruining my life,’ she thought. ‘I mean, it was bad before, but now it’s really bad. Tonight could’ve been amazing, but no- I had to remember it. And it’s not his fault he said what he did, but I can’t help but revert back to the dream. It’s just too much.’

“Then we won’t sleep, luv,” he said. “We can talk, okay?” She looked at him sadly.

“Maybe it’s just better if you leave,” she replied. He stood up and slowly walked over to her, but as he tried to embrace her, she took a step back, not wanting to be touched.

“Buffy?” he asked, both confused and hurt by her actions. “Talk to me, baby. What’s going on?”

“The dream,” she said simply, looking away. “You said something that triggered a flashback, and I…I need to think.” She looked at him and saw the sadness swirling in his eyes. “I’m sorry, William.”

“It’s okay,” he said, taking a deep breath. “But maybe talking about things will help.”

“I don’t know,” she said. “But I think I need to be alone for a while.” He nodded and went back to her bed, grabbing his T-shirt off of the floor and putting it on. “But maybe I can see you tomorrow?” He looked at her.

“Sure,” he answered. “But if you need to talk to someone before then, call me.” She nodded, looking down. “I don’t know how to help you, Buffy, and I know that for the last few years, that dream has terrified you.” She looked at him. “But I’d do anything to make it stop and to show you that not all men are monsters.”

“I know,” she said, walking over to him. “I know you’re not a bad guy, Will. It’s just…I can’t shake the dream.”

“We’ll find a way to make it stop,” he said, taking one of her hands in his and bringing it up to his lips, lightly kissing the back of it. “I should probably head out and let you think.” She nodded, and they walked down the stairs and to her front door. He opened it and looked at her. “Will you be alright tonight?”

“I hope so,” she answered. “And thank you for what you said up there- it means a lot that you care so much.”

“Always,” he replied, leaning down and kissing her softly. “I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too, William,” she said, looking into his eyes. He gave her a small smile before walking out, closing the door behind him. He went back to Willow’s house and laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

‘I need to help her,’ he thought. ‘I just don’t know how.’

* * *

When Willow returned home the next morning, she promptly went to see William, curious to hear what had happened the night before. She found him sitting on his windowsill, looking outside.

“Hi,” she said quietly, and he turned to look at her. She noticed how sad he seemed. “What’s wrong?”

“Something happened with Buffy last night,” he answered. She raised an eyebrow, becoming worried. “It has to do with the dream she has.” Willow walked over to him and sat on the floor beside him. “I can’t figure out a way to make it stop.”

“I don’t want to sound like a hussy or anything,” Willow said with a light tone. “But maybe sleeping together will do the trick.” He looked outside again.

“We tried that,” he said, and she blushed. “Well, not exactly. We were about to, but she freaked out after I said something that reminded her of the dream.”

“It will go away,” she said, trying to be helpful. “It has to. Something will happen to make it stop- I know it will.”

“I hope so,” he said forlornly. “Because I can’t stand to see her hurting anymore over it.” Willow saw sincerity in his eyes and couldn’t help but hug him. “I just don’t know what to do, Red.” He sighed. “Maybe there’s something more from her past that’s causing it, something she didn’t tell me.”

“I don’t really know what it would be,” Willow said. “Her dad didn’t do anything to her, and he wasn’t around much, so I don’t think this stems from him at all. The last guy she dated was supposedly a sweetheart, and I highly doubt he did anything wrong. She was with Angel for a while, but I don’t think it’s him, either. It has to be Parker Abrams.” William looked at her, upset that he hadn’t figured it out earlier.

“She dated Parker Abrams?” he asked, and Willow nodded.

“Didn’t she tell you?” she asked, slightly surprised.

“She said she dated a guy named Parker, but I guess I never put it together,” he said, his mind buzzing. “It’s all his fault, Willow. It has to be.”

“Yeah, I think so,” she agreed. “But it doesn’t make sense why she’s still having the dream, and the bigger question is, why does the guy she dreams about look exactly like you?”

“Because fate intervened and is playing a really fucked up trick on us,” he practically growled, frustrated. “I can’t just sit here and pretend like this is nothing. Something has to be done.” He stood up and walked to the door, grabbing his keys on the way.

“What’re you going to do?” she asked, standing up and walking towards him. He looked at her.

“I’m going to have a little chat with the source of the problem,” he said, turning on his heel and leaving. She watched him go and leaned against the doorframe.

‘This isn’t going to end well.’

* * *

William knew that Parker was taking a summer class because he had seen him walking around campus several times. He didn’t know what he was going to do or say when he found him, but he needed to figure out some things, and if that meant doing something rash, he would.

‘He tried raping Buffy,’ he said to himself. ‘He deserves whatever he gets.’ William was walking through the Commons and spotted a brown-haired guy talking with a blonde female at one of the tables and instantly headed in that direction. As he neared, he found that it was indeed Parker and began walking quicker. As luck would have it, the girl got up and walked away, giving William a chance to cut in before Parker could follow her.

“Hello, Parker,” William said, grabbing his arm and stopping him. Parker raised an eyebrow.

“Do I know you?” he asked, confused. William nodded, not letting go of his arm. “Oh yeah, I’ve seen you hang out with Willow Rosenberg a couple of times. She’s a cutie. Are you two dating?”

“No,” William said, trying to keep his tone calm. “I’m actually dating Buffy Summers. I hear you know her.” Parker smiled broadly, nodding.

“Sure, I know Buffy,” he replied. “Her and I dated a long time ago. She’s a sweet girl. A little clingy, but she was a good girlfriend.”

“Yeah, she’s a great girlfriend,” William agreed, smiling. “But I’ve been told you weren’t a good boyfriend.”

“What’re you talking about?” Parker asked, slightly confused. “I was always good to her.”

“Right,” William nodded. “You were ‘good to her’ when you tried raping her?” Parker instantly frowned, looking somewhat pale. “You tried forcing yourself on a girl that wasn’t ready, Parker. That makes you kind of a monster, doesn’t it?” Parker tried wrenching his arm out of William’s grasp, but William’s hold only tightened. “I have a vendetta against guys like you, you wanker. There’s nothing I’d like to do more than castrate you.”

“Get away from me,” Parker said, pushing William. William grabbed Parker’s neck with his free hand, not applying enough pressure to do any damage, but just enough to make Parker panic.

“You didn’t deserve a girl like Buffy, and because of you, she has a lot of emotional problems that she’s dealing with,” William said in a low tone. “I could kill you for what you tried doing to her, what lasting affects you’ve had on her. It’s because of you that she won’t let herself get close to a man. She tries so hard, but it doesn’t work. You’re the reason my girl is hurting, and I think it’s time you pay for that.”

“Yeah, and what do you want me to do?” Parker managed to ask, his voice cracking slightly.

“You’re going to see her with me, and you’re going to apologize,” William said sternly.

“What if I don’t especially feel like it?” Parker asked sharply. William clenched his fist and instantly punched Parker’s eye, getting the other man to yelp in pain before his hands flew up to cover his eye.

“Then you’ll get a matching black eye,” William replied, grabbing Parker’s arm tighter and pulling him to his car.
***************************************************************************


A/N Okay, I know I said I'd post this last night, but I had something come up. So, as an apology, I'm posting this chapter earlier than normal. Thank you to everyone who reviewed chapter 11- I'm very grateful for the messages you all leave me:) I promise that there will be a little more angst in the upcoming chapter, and possibly a little more violence (on Parker, of course- don't worry). But I like happy endings, and this story will definitely have one. I'd wager I have about 5 or so chapters left, so if anyone has things they want to see happen, just tell me. As usual, I dig reviews, so please leave me one:)
What You Deserve (Part 2) by Allison
Buffy heard her doorbell ring around noon and went to open the door, surprised to see William standing there. “Hi, Will. Were we going out for lunch?”

“No,” he answered, looking at something off to the side that Buffy couldn’t see from her spot. “You have a visitor.” She raised an eyebrow as William took a step to the side and grabbed Parker, pulling him to stand in front of the doorway, facing Buffy. She instantly felt nauseous, not understanding why William would do something as cruel as making her see Parker again. “I believe you have something to say to her, don’t you, mate?” Parker looked at William, who in turn tightened his grip on Parker’s arm.

“Buffy, I’m sorry for what happened a few years ago,” Parker said, not wanting to be hurt more by William. “I should never have tried forcing you into sex, and I’m sorry that I hurt you so bad. I want you to be happy, and I wish that you wouldn’t be dealing with so many things in the aftermath of my actions. I’m a jerk, and I deserve whatever you have to say to me.” Buffy noticed that his left eye was puffy and bruising.

‘William must’ve punched him,’ she thought. ‘William tracked him down and brought him to my house so he’d apologize to me.’ She smiled slightly before becoming serious again.

“You’re right- you are a jerk,” she said, crossing her arms. “And you do deserve whatever I say to you. You’re an asshole who doesn’t deserve to ever know what love is, and I think you should be locked away, far away from women. Perhaps you could make special friends with Roscoe the Weightlifter.” She paused, sighing. “You hurt me a lot, more than you can ever imagine. I’ve spent years pushing myself away from people, especially guys, because of what you tried to do to me.” She looked at William. “Four years later, I think it’s starting to get better.” He gave her a small smile before her eyes traveled back to Parker’s. “If I ever find out that you hurt another girl, I’ll turn you in, and I’ll tell whoever I have to that you did rape me, just so I can see you be thrown in jail. Do you understand, Parker?” He hesitantly nodded before ducking his head. “But thank you for apologizing, even though it wasn’t the most sincere thing I’ve ever heard. And it doesn’t say too much that you apparently had to be dragged here to say sorry in the first place. Get out of my sight, and if I ever see you again, I promise that your life will only become more complicated. Okay?” She smiled brightly, which was somewhat unsettling to Parker.

“Yes, I understand,” he said, looking at William. “May I leave now?” William looked at Buffy, who nodded, before letting go of Parker, watching him practically sprint away from the house and towards the UC-Sunnydale campus. William turned his attention back to his girlfriend, who was looking down. “Are you alright, pet?”

“I can’t believe you brought him here,” she said quietly. “The one person in all of the world I’m terrified of seeing.” William frowned. “But your heart was in the right place, and I know that you’re genuinely trying to help me, so I won’t hit you, even though I’d love to.” She looked at him and half-smiled. He breathed a sigh of relief, happy that she wasn’t as upset with him as he thought. He pulled her into a hug, kissing her temple as he held her close. She relaxed in his arms, shutting her eyes. “And you gave him a black eye for me. You’re such a sweetheart.” He chuckled quietly.

“I could give him another one to make it look equal,” he offered. She giggled and looked at him. He leaned down and kissed her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, the kiss intensifying. He broke away to breathe a moment later, looking into her eyes. “So are we okay then?”

“Yeah,” she answered. “You and I are perfectly fine, William. Thank you for what you did.”

“You’re welcome, Buffy,” he said, grazing her cheek before kissing her again.

* * *

Willow arrived at Buffy’s house an hour later, not surprised to see William’s car parked in the driveway. She smirked before ringing the doorbell. Buffy opened the door and smiled. “Hey, Willow. What’s up?”

“I wanted to hear what happened,” she said. “William seemed to be a man with a mission the last time I saw him, and he mentioned that he was going to talk to Parker, so what’s the story?”

“Come in,” Buffy said, ushering her friend in before closing the door. William was sitting on the couch, watching “Passions”. Willow raised an eyebrow but decided not to comment on the show.

“Hey, Red,” William greeted, looking at her for a second before his eyes focused on the TV screen again.

“Don’t mind him- he seems to be addicted to this wretched show,” Buffy laughed, leading Willow to the kitchen. “Want something to drink?” Willow shook her head as she sat down on a stool at the kitchen’s island.

“Are you going to put off telling me about Parker more, or can we just jump right into it?” Willow asked, trying to hide her excitement, hoping that William did something horrible to Parker.

“There’s not too much to tell,” Buffy shrugged, leaning back against the countertop. “William went to the campus, gave Parker a black eye, brought him here, and he apologized to me. I’m sure he said what he did so that William wouldn’t do more damage, but nonetheless, he said he was sorry for what happened. And then I threatened him a little bit, followed by him leaving.”

“That’s great, Buffy,” Willow smiled. “So poophead Parker should be completely out of the mix now, right? Your dreams might stop, or even alleviate, now that the bastard apologized, don’t you think?”

“Maybe,” Buffy shrugged. “I guess we won’t know for a while, though. I mean, I won’t know until I can go at least a week or two without one.”

“But then we’ll know,” Willow said. “Buffy, your nightmare could completely stop as of today. Isn’t that amazing to think about?” Buffy smiled a little.

“It’s been four years, Willow,” she said. “Of course it’s amazing. But there’s nothing saying that the dream will stop. I just really hope that it does.”

“I’m right there with you,” Willow said. “And if the dream doesn’t stop, we’ll find another way, I promise. William and I will both stop at nothing to make sure you’re happy.” Buffy walked over to her friend and hugged her.

“I know,” she said. “I’m so lucky to have a friend like you, Willow.”

“And equally as lucky to have a boyfriend like William,” her friend added. Buffy grinned.

“Yes, equally as lucky to have my William,” Buffy agreed.
***************************************************************************


A/N As far as I know, I potentially have 2 to 3 more chapters to go until this puppy is finished. I hope people enjoyed this chapter, especially Buffy taking a stand against Parker. I’m fairly certain there will be (at least) one more NC-17 chapter, and it will definitely be of the happy variety. The ‘Roscoe the Weightlifter’ line was taken from “I Only Have Eyes For You” (BtVS, Season 2), just in case it looked familiar and you couldn’t figure out why. Anyways, at the end of this fic, I’m going to make a little announcement, so be on the lookout LOL. Like always, reviews are nice, and I’d really like to hear how people feel about the story/this chapter. Thanks!:)
Here With Me by Allison
Two weeks passed, and Buffy didn’t have the dream again. The part of her that was in disbelief decided to wait two more weeks to see if it had stopped once and for all. When a full month had passed since she had seen Parker and didn’t have the dream, she concluded that maybe it was indefinitely over. She couldn’t help but thank William because when she really thought about it, he was the reason the dream ceased. If he hadn’t made her confront Parker, she figured that she would still be having the dream, and the thought alone scared her. Four weeks spent sleeping peacefully in William’s arms without once having a nightmare involving him was a gift that she could never thank him enough for. When she finally was willing to give herself to him completely, William considered it to be the greatest reward he could receive.

“I want to do this,” Buffy whispered as she slid off her blouse, revealing her naked upper body to his gaze.

“Are you sure?” he asked, slowly running his hands down her sides as he placed soft kisses across her neck and shoulders. She nodded and kissed him as she unbuttoned his shirt and slid it off of his arms.

“I’ve never been more sure of anything,” she replied, looking into his eyes.


When the first week of August came to a close, she realized that within weeks, she was supposed to return to UCLA for her fall semester of her sophomore year. She dreaded going back, and not solely because school was starting up again- she wanted to be with William. She knew she had to make a decision, the quicker the better. It hit her one afternoon what she wanted to do, and without thinking twice about it, she dialed Joyce’s number at work, suddenly excited for the upcoming school year. Joyce answered, and Buffy took a deep breath. “Mom, I need a favor.”

* * *

On the same afternoon, Willow went to William’s room and knocked on the opened door, trying to get his attention away from the book he was reading. He looked at her and smiled. “Hello, Red.”

“Hi,” she smiled. “Can I come in?” He nodded and patted the edge of the bed. She walked in and sat beside him.

“What’s on your mind, luv?” he asked, putting the book on his bedside table. “Is something wrong?”

“No,” she answered, looking around the room. “Can you believe it’s been almost three months?”

“Time flew by,” he replied sadly. “And as much as I enjoy going to classes, I don’t fancy going back.”

“Yeah, I completely understand,” she agreed. “Have you talked to Buffy about the distance thing?”

“We’ve been putting it off,” he said quietly, looking down. “I don’t think either one of us wants to admit that we’re going to be a couple of hours away from one another.”

“I don’t blame you,” Willow said, sighing. “But whether you want it to happen or not, she’s leaving in a couple of weeks for the semester. Are you two going to be able to handle it?”

“I guess we’ll find out,” he replied, looking at her. “I just wish it could be different. I mean, she can come home whenever she’d like, and I can always go visit her, but it just won’t be the same. Not having her here with me is going to be difficult.”

“Undoubtedly,” Willow said. “It’s hard enough for me to not have her around, but I’d imagine it’ll be worse for you.” He frowned. “But no matter what happens, I’m thankful that you two are together. You helped her more than you can even begin to imagine, and Buffy’s a very lucky girl for coming across a prince like you.”

“Yes, well, I am quite charming,” he joked, his tone light. Willow laughed and stood up.

“Are you seeing her tonight?” she asked as she walked to the door. He nodded. “Just be sure to tell her how you feel, William. Who knows, maybe things will work out better than you expect.”

‘One can only hope,’ he thought sadly, grabbing his book again and opening it as she returned to her room.

* * *

Buffy walked downstairs as her doorbell rang, a wide smile on her face.

‘I can’t wait to tell him,’ she said to herself. ‘He’s going to flip out.’ She opened the door, and William smiled at her, noticing that she seemed excited about something. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. He returned the gesture and wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close to him.

“Hello to you, too, kitten,” he smirked. She giggled and pulled him inside the house, towards the living room. “Are we still going out tonight?” She nodded, still smiling. “What’s got you so smiley, pet?”

“Can’t I be happy that you’re here?” she asked, sitting on the couch. He chuckled and sat beside her.

“Yes, and I love the fact that you’re so happy, but are you going to give me an idea why?” he asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She turned to face him, taking his hand in hers. He raised an eyebrow. “Is everything okay?” He paused, paling. “Luv, are you pregnant?” She couldn’t help but giggle at the terror in both his eyes and voice.

“No, I’m not with child,” she answered, and he sighed, relieved. She squeezed his hand. “I’m going to college at UC-Sunnydale this year.” He froze, staring at her. Her smile only broadened when he embraced her tightly before kissing her passionately. She broke away from him to breathe, the smile slowly fading. “Is that okay?”

“Are you kidding?” he asked, chuckling. “It’s the best bloody news I’ve gotten in a long time.” She giggled, curling up against him. “So you and I will still be together? This isn’t just a summer fling?”

“What? No,” she answered, looking at him. “I love you, Will. You know that, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” he said, grinning. “I just like hearing you say it.” She smiled and kissed him softly. “You know, pet, maybe we should consider renting an apartment together.” She smirked.

“Yeah? You’d want to live with me?” she asked. He nodded, grazing her cheek. “Even when I’m all bad-moody?”

“Even when you’re hell on wheels,” he affirmed, kissing her temple. “So what do you say? Want to live with me?”

“Forever,” she answered quietly, resting her head on his shoulder and smiling contently.
***************************************************************************


A/N Okay, I know I said there would be another NC-17 chapter/sex scene, but the truth is, I suck at writing them, so I opted instead to just allude to their first time. At any rate, the epilogue should be posted tomorrow hopefully, so if anyone has something they want to see happen, please tell me. I’ve got a pretty fabulous idea for it, but I’m willing to work in anything that people are dying to see happen. I hope everyone liked this chapter, and reviews would make a pretty dreary day so much brighter:)
Dream a Little Dream of Me by Allison
After the school year ended, William realized that it was time to ask Buffy a question that he had been dying to for over a year. When he asked her to marry him while they sat on the beach one night, watching the sunset, Buffy instantly said yes, tears rolling down her cheeks, excitement and surprise filling her.

“Are you sure?” she asked, watching as he presented her with a platinum ring that had a one-carat circular diamond in the center, surrounded by two smaller diamonds. Her hand covered her mouth as she gasped, staring at it. “William, it’s so beautiful.” He grinned.

“Of course it is,” he chuckled. “Only the best for my fiancé.” She looked at him with watery eyes before wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him. He kissed her softly before sliding the ring onto her left hand’s ring finger. “Do you like it?”

“No,” she joked, giggling, wiping off her eyes with her right hand. “It’s perfect, Will. I love it.” He wrapped his arms around her waist as they both looked at the ring.

“Think you can wear that forever?” he asked quietly, looking at her. She smiled.

“Always and forever,” she answered simply, kissing him again as the sun finally disappeared from the horizon.

* * *

When Buffy and William returned to their apartment in downtown Sunnydale, it was past midnight. They had stopped by her mother’s house first to make their announcement, and Joyce wasn’t shocked at all. In fact, she was more surprised that it took William so long to pop the question. Nonetheless, she was happy that her daughter had finally found the perfect man for her.

They went to Willow and Tara’s apartment after to tell them the news, and both women were beyond excited for their friends. Buffy asked Willow to be her maid of honor for whatever day it would be in the future when she would tie the knot with William, and Buffy wasn’t surprised when Willow burst out crying.

“Or not- I can ask Tara,” Buffy said quickly, trying to console Willow. The redhead shot her a glare as tears fell from her eyes.

“Are you kidding?” Willow asked, wiping away her tears. “Do you know how long I’ve been dreaming of this day to come, Buffy? I mean, I did a lot in high school, but ever since you and William began dating, it seems like I’ve been waiting every single day, and now that it’s here, it’s just so…” She paused, grinning. “Perfect. It’s absolutely perfect! You’re going to be such a beautiful bride, and William’s going to look super 007 in a tux, and then there will be me in a dress, and maybe Tara can-”

“Whoa, slow down there,” Buffy interjected, laughing. “You didn’t answer the question. Will you be my maid of honor?”

“Of course, silly,” Willow said, hugging her friend. “There’s nothing I’d like more.”


Both William and Buffy were exhausted by the time they reached their bedroom and began undressing so as to go to sleep. William sat on the bed, watching Buffy move around their room with a dreamy expression on his face.

‘I’m going to marry that girl,’ he thought. She looked at him and smiled.

‘I’m going to marry that man,’ she said to herself, sitting beside him and pulling the covers up to her waist.

“I love you,” he said quietly, kissing her. She laid down on her pillows, pulling him down with her.

“I love you, too,” she whispered. He laid beside her body, holding her protectively close to him as they slowly drifted off to sleep.

Buffy had a dream that night involving her and William, but it was different than the dreams that had plagued her for so long. They were happy, in love, and were getting married on the beach under the moon’s dim rays.

“I’m never going to let you go,” he said quietly as he slid her wedding ring onto her finger. She smiled softly at him.

“I think I’d like that,” she replied, sliding his wedding band onto his ring finger.


In her sleep, she cuddled up to William, thankful that he truly was the man of her dreams.

THE END
***************************************************************************






Final A/N Well, that’s it, folks. I’m sorry the epilogue is so short, but there were only so many ideas that I wanted to incorporate in it. Thanks to songgal for the suggestion of a moonlit wedding on a beach! I want to thank everyone who read this story, enjoyed it, and/or reviewed. You all are the reason I kept going with it, and I really appreciate the fact that everyone’s been so sweet. But alas, I said I had an announcement to make after Part 2 of What You Deserve, so I do believe it’s time to tell you all what’s going on. After getting inspiration from a fellow author on this site and talking to Ashlee about it, I’ve decided to take a sabbatical from writing for a while. Ashlee and I already have plans to write another story together, so I’ll be working on that, but as far as solo fics go, I’ve decided I need a break. I’ve realized that I really enjoy doing AU fics, so I’ll probably stick to those, but when push comes to shove, I like doing original ideas or things that haven’t been done often before, and there are only so many ideas I have left and want to do that I think it’s wise that I take a step back and come up with a whole bunch more before I delve into a story that I might end up giving up on halfway through. I’m sure you’ll see another fic by me sometime in the near future, but for now, I’m going to enjoy the rest of my winter break before going back to college on the 24th. I just want to say thanks again to everyone, and feel free to write any thoughts/comments/concerns you have:)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=6799