Gift Of The Gods by LoobyLoo
Summary: After 2 years of being blissfully happy together, Spike and Buffy get a call from Giles about a prophecy......
Categories: Porn w/o Plot fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 12154 Read: 14536 Published: 02/17/2005 Updated: 02/22/2005

1. Chapter 1 by LoobyLoo

2. chapter 2 by LoobyLoo

3. chapter 3 by LoobyLoo

4. chapter 4 by LoobyLoo

5. chapter 5 by LoobyLoo

6. chapter 6 by LoobyLoo

7. chapter 7 by LoobyLoo

Chapter 1 by LoobyLoo
Author's Notes:
2nd in the Labour's of Love Trilogy
Gift of the Gods

Second story in the trilogy, ‘Labour of Love’ series
Although this story can be read on it’s own, if you want more background as to how Buffy and Spike got together, then read ‘You Only Un-Live Twice’ first.


Chapter 1


Buffy breezed in through the front door, after patrolling alone, and immediately grinned.

She quickly pulled off her hat, coat and gloves, and kicked off her shoes. She mounted the stairs, every other one having a lighted scented candle on it, and a trail of fresh rose petals carpeted her steps.

“Spike…Baby?”

She got to the top of the stairs, There was Spike, waiting for her, bare chested, tousled haired, his jeans slung low on his hips.

“What’s all this?” She gave him a knowing smile.

“Your bath awaits…” Spike pushed open the door to the bathroom, and revealed yet more lit scented candles, and a tray with a bottle of Champagne in an ice bucket, two glasses, and a bowl of chocolate dipped strawberries. The bath was filled with fabulously scented bubbles. Buffy was out of her clothes in a blink of an eye.

“Ahh…” Buffy sensuously shimmied back nestling against Spike’s chest, as he
squeezed the contents of the sponge over her shoulders, sending the deliciously fragranced water cascading over her breasts.

“Open” Buffy turned her head and opened her mouth, Spike popped in a strawberry.

“Hmm…yummy!” She settled herself back.

“Champers?” Buffy took the glass of bubbly amber liquid off him and drank.
She put her glass down and nestled back, smiling, her eyes closed.

“So baby…gonna tell me what this is all about?”

“Do you like it?” Spike asked, nuzzling her ear.

“No, I LOVE it…I love you!” She turned and reached up and kissed him with passion.

“It’s our second anniversary…when we got together that first glorious night eight days before the Dracula affair” Spike was nuzzling and kissing her neck.

“You old romantic thing you! Gods, I love you so much…” Buffy raised a soapy leg and smoothed down it with the sponge.

They finished the strawberries and Champagne, showered off and got out of the bath, and dried off. After blowing out all the candles Buffy said,

“Come with me…” leading Spike by the hand to the bedroom.

“You really think I’d forgotten what today was?” Buffy said giving him a sexy grin, and then she added,

“Now, get into bed, close your eyes, and then you can be a BIG, BAD, vampire for your little slayer…ok?” Spike growled low, setting her all a-tingle.

“Don’t open your eyes until I say”

“I promise!” Spike heard her leave the room.

In the spare bedroom, Buffy quickly shimmied into a Victoria’s Secret black lace basque, sheer stockings and spiky high heels.

She also took some fur-lined handcuffs from the chest of draws. She draped herself in the doorway.

“’Kay Big Boy, you can open your eyes now” She posed sexily, swinging the handcuffs from one finger, her tongue tip running along her top lip.

“OH GODS! Come here, NOW!” Spike commanded, kneeling up on the bed.

Buffy gave a growl herself, and launched herself at him, they tumbled to the bed, kissing and caressing, Spike ‘allowed’ himself to be wrestled on his back, and Buffy snapped the fur-lined cuffs on him, and through the wrought iron bedstead.

“Now…I’m going to start up here………” Buffy kissed his forehead, his eyelids, his nose, lips, cheeks and chin…

“And I’m working my way down…” she continued down, maddeningly slowly… caressing and stroking him, occasionally giving his massive manhood a squeeze and a rub, making him buck, and beg.

By the time she got to his stomach, the tip of his massive, thick cock had made it wet and sticky with the pre-come he was oozing.

She glanced up to see if he was watching, when she saw he was, she lapped at it like a cat, occasionally swiping her tongue over the leaking slit.

She then slipped the whole head into her mouth, sucking down the angry purplish knob. Spike was incoherent with want, he raised himself up off the bed. Buffy shifted to between his thighs, so Spike got a great view of her tits being pushed up and encased in the sinful black lace, while she sucked his balls and stroked the sensitive ridge of flesh between his scrotum and anus.

She licked a finger very wet, and gently circled over the little rosette of his anus, while she pumped and sucked his huge length at the same time.

“Babe…oh gods…I’m, gonna…oh yeah, harder…oh yes, that’s my girl…my beautiful one…oh yes, don’t stop………

“Hmm…delicious…don’t come yet…want to make this…last…! She slipped her wet lips up and down; she’s stopped stroking his peritoneum and anus, and began to fondle his balls instead, squeezing gently, rolling them around, massaging circles over them, all the time pumping slowly but firmly on his monster sized dick.

She teased him for a good hour, bringing him to the edge, then easing off…it got to the stage where he was really begging her, and she took pity as his cock looked fit to burst.

Pumping faster and more firmly, sucking on the head, then sliding her lips down as far as she could go without gagging. Spike’s hips bounced on the bed, and he began to cry out,

“Ohh, ohh…Buffy, Buffy I’m, I’m…AHHHHHH! Unh, unh, unh, unh, unh, ooooohhhhh baby – YESSSSSSSS!”

Buffy sucked him down greedily. When he’d finished, she let him slip from her mouth, and then she straddled his hips, she leaned forward, began to lick and suck his flat nipples.

“Want…want to touch you baby…wanna make you feel good!”
Buffy undid the handcuffs, and lay down with a wicked grin, and putting her wrists together above her head, she said,

“Take me as you will, lover…” Spike gasped and swallowed…
chapter 2 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 2


Spike undid the handcuffs, and Buffy slid onto his lap.

“Make love to me now, so I can look at you” She centred herself on his hardness, and sank down, her arms loosely around his neck.

Spike played with her breasts, suckling at her hard nipples, nipping at her neck with blunt teeth.

Buffy couldn’t describe it, but it felt different tonight, even more special than usual, the very air she breathed felt charged somehow…she bobbed fast and ground down on him hard, making them both frantic for release.

Pulling his head to her neck as she began to climax, she begged for him to bite. As soon as he felt the first clench of her orgasm, Spike morphed and claimed her, her rich blood flowed down his throat, and his cool seed flooded her womb. The orgasm was exquisite, deep, long and hard for them both, that left them panting.

Buffy positively tingled, her insides fluttering with after waves of pure pleasure. She was totally gasping and heaving for breath. Spike lay down, bringing her with him. They lay like that, with him still inside her, and they both fell asleep.

When they woke in the morning, they made love twice more. Buffy’s tummy felt all tingly, she felt excited for some reason.

She got up, made them tea and toast, and then they were both bought back down to reality when Giles phoned them at lunchtime.

“ Where are you?”

“Where do you think, you’re phoning me, at home…”

“No, you were both supposed to be here at 10.00am”

“We were?”

“You’ve forgotten about the meeting I scheduled?”

“Giles…it was our anniversary last night…”

“Anniversary?”

“Yes, two years since Spike and I got together…we had a ‘special’ evening.”

“Really, oh, what did you do?”

“I beg your pardon?” Buffy asked incredulously.

“Well, did you go out? – Nice meal…”

“No, and no…and that’s ALL I’m saying!” Buffy said giggling.

“Oh…OH!” Giles suddenly realised, involving those two, going out would be the last thing on the agenda…

“Well look, if you can drag yourselves out of…um, just come here ASAP, ok”
Giles said.

“Why…is it bad?”

“Don’t know…it’s something directly from the PTB…I must go, got another call coming in, ok, see you”

“Is that Watcher of yours getting pervy in his old age, wanting to know what we were doing?” Spike asked grinning.

“It’s a shame…I think it’s been that long since he’s been in love…he’s forgotten what it’s like”

“So, what does he want, my little love goddess?” Spike encircled her waist, pulling her in for a kiss.

“A-a, now…don’t get me started again…we’re needed at the shop…we were supposed to be there well over an hour ago”

“Then another hour won’t matter” Spike said grinning, circling his thumbs over her nipples.

“Ah, ooh, Sp-Spike! You’re incorrigible! But, oh yes! Irr-irresistable…hmm…”




An Hour and Twenty Later………

“You are taking the blame for us being extra late!” Buffy playfully pressed Spike in the abs and he grinned.

“Didn’t hear you moaning…well, no, that’s a lie, I did, but it wasn’t about being extra late!” Spike quipped, and pulled her close for another kiss.

“Spike! What’s got into you!” She grinned.

“You have…you’re like a drug…you’re my fix…and it’s an addiction I’m never gonna give up…there isn’t a twelve step programme that’s gonna cure me of you, that’s for sure”

“Baby…all this romantic, sexy talk slightly looses its edge, given our surroundings…” Buffy frowned slightly at the dank walls of the sewer tunnel.

“Hmm, yeah, I know…but when I’m with you, it’s like nothing else exists” Buffy turned gave him a passionate kiss, and said,

“I’ll get the door open…got your blanket ready?”

“Uh huh” Buffy climbed the tubular steps and shifted the manhole cover, and ran to the back of the shop, and opened the door.

“’Kay, babe” She called, and Spike hauled himself out of the tunnel and ran into the shop. Buffy went and replaced the manhole cover, and followed Spike inside.

“At last…thought you’d got lost!” Giles said seeing them emerge in the training room.

“There are maintenance men in the tunnels, we had to come the long, long way around” Spike said. It had been true about the workmen, but they managed to dodge them, instead of the detour.

“So, what’s so urgent – don’t tell me there’s an apocalypse on the way?” Buffy asked, making her way into the shop.

“Nothing like that”

“Tea, anyone” Spike went to go into the little curtained off area that served as a ‘kitchen’.

“Um, please…make an extra cup please, Wesley’s here” Spike and Buffy both exchanged a look.

“Why?”

“Make the tea Spike, and then I’ll explain all”


*****

Buffy sat at the table.


“Hello Wesley”

“Buffy…you look, well, what can I say…wonderful!”

“Oh, um, tha-thankyou!” This compliment surprised her somewhat, and she smoothed down her hair and felt slightly self-conscious.

“Tea up…” Spike set the tray down on the table, and gave the other watcher a friendly nod.

“I was just telling Buffy I think she looks wonderful” Spike looked at Wesley, and said,

“Well, that’s because she is…what did you expect, a haggard mess? You’ve been around the poof too long and his biased thoughts. He’d love to think as Buffy’s with me, I don’t look after her!” Spike said sitting down. Buffy just smiled.

“So…come on Giles, what gives?”

“This…is going to come as a BIG shock to you both” Buffy looked worriedly at Spike, who immediately put a protective arm around her, and he narrowed his eyes and said,

“Well, come on, out with it. Whatever it is, we’ll face it together, won’t we pet” Buffy smiled and just squeezed Spike’s hand.

“Um, that you will. It’s erm…it’s not an apocalypse, it’s a prophecy” Giles said, reaching for a scroll.

“Here you go” he handed it to Buffy. She went to pull open the ribbon bow, but Giles stopped her.

“No, not now. Take it home and read it” Buffy gave Giles a puzzled look, and
then she glanced at Spike, who was looking at the roll of parchment.

“Can we go then?” Spike sat up straight.

“Uh huh, and I’ll see you whenever, or ring me” Giles said. Both Buffy and Spike stood up.

“Well, we’ll be off then” Buffy went out and lifted the manhole cover, and Spike dashed from the shop with his blanket down the hole. Buffy followed, securing the cover back in place.

“I can’t wait to see-“ She went to pluck at the bow again. Spike covered her hand with his.

“Come on pet, let’s get home first” Buffy nodded and they started for home.

Spike threw the blanket over the back of the sofa, and Buffy sat, Spike came and sat next to her.

“Ok, here goes…Giles seemed awful cagey about this…” Buffy undid the ribbon, and unrolled the scroll.

Frowning to read the fine gothic style script, Spike held it with her, and he began to read………

Suddenly Spike caught a breath.

“Wha-what, what is it, where, what?”

Buffy scanned lower where Spike was reading, as she was still just making out about the ‘Chosen One’ and 22 summers have passed, two of those with ‘He who walked on the dark side now treads the path of light and fights for the good,’ yadda, yadda, yadda…

“Where Spike, what is it?” Spike looked incredulous, and Buffy read,

“It came to pass that the Powers That Be blessed the union of these two souls, and made that union into three…”

“Made it into three? What does that me-oh my gods!” Buffy looked at Spike huge eyed.

“Three –as in…”

“You, me and a…baby?” Spike said, barely above a whisper.

“I’m…pregnant? – Oh boy…Spike…babe…”

“Hmm?”

“I’m going, sorry, WE are going to have a baby!”

By the look on Spike’s face, he didn’t know whether to laugh, shout for joy, weep with happiness or what!


Buffy grabbed Spike’s hand, and put it on her flat stomach. Spike reached for her and pulled her into a hug, he buried his head in her neck.

“A baby…I’m gonna be a mom! – And you’re gonna be the best daddy!” Tears of joy slipped silently down their faces as they held each other.

After spending the entire afternoon making love, they scanned the scroll to see if they could find out when the actual birth date was, and the scroll said two months before her own birthday.

“That makes me like pregnant from today!”

“Last night. I felt it, it was…different somehow.”

“Yes. Yes, you’re right, it was different.”

“We’ve made a baby…all out of love!” Spike leaned over her, looking deeply into her eyes.

“Oh my baby, what a beautiful thing to say. I love you…I love you so much, come here to me my love…” she cradled the vampire she loved so much to her.

“You’re my everything you know. My sunshine. My day. My very existence, and I can’t begin to tell you how much I love you”
chapter 3 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 3


“She’s WHAT?”

“Pregnant”

“Who by?”

“Well duh, Spike of course!” Wesley said with exasperation. Angel was having none of it.

“Shyeah, right! Hello, he’s a soulless vampire!”

“Er…you haven’t exactly been kept up to speed on things, have you?”

“’Bout what?” Angel sat back in his leather office chair, he hands clasped behind his head.

“Spike isn’t soulless anymore” Wesley poured himself a brandy and seated himself opposite Angel’s desk.

“Oh gods! Don’t tell me the PTB are giving away a ‘two for one’ offer, get the slayer knocked up and grab a free soul into the bargain!”

“No, nothing like that…last year, he went to Africa, and did The Trials, and won through” Angel frowned, his hands slowly loosened from behind his head as he sat forward slowly.

“He what?”

“Went to Africa.” Wesley said, nodding

“And did…

“Did The Trials of Shalimar, yes. And amazingly, he won through”

“But, well I thought…well, it was said nobody had ever completed the tasks before…they were…impossible! This can’t be true Wesley. I mean, I know he’s a good scrapper, but those trials are-“

“Phenomenal, involve immeasurable pain and suffering…he did it Angel. As much as you don’t want to believe it, he did it. And surprisingly enough, he did it for Buffy”

“I don’t believe it!” Angel said quietly.

“Well, there you go, whether you want to believe it or not, what can’t speak can’t lie” Wesley tossed a disc file onto the desk in front of him.

“S’all on there, you can see for yourself” Wesley drained his brandy, and left the office. Slowly, Angel took the disc out of the cardboard sleeve and inserted it into the computer, and then he began to read the information…After reading everything half dozen times, he popped the disc out, and slipped it back into it’s cardboard sleeve, he sat brooding, lost in a reverie, tapping the disc cover against his lips.

“Oh, you are in. Only I knocked, twice actually, but you didn’t…Angel, ANGEL” Gunn said, putting his head around the door..

“Hmm?”

“Are you ok, man?”

“Oh, erm…I’ve been better…what do you want?”

“Want to watch me mediate on behalf of Wolfram and Hart on this…” he didn’t finish the sentence. He’d been preening himself, but knew by the look on Angel’s face, that he didn’t.

“You carry on, Charles…I’m sure you’ll do a great job”

It wasn’t very often that Angel called him by his first name; he must have something on his mind…………Gunn thought as he made his way to the lifts.

“Wait for me!” Gunn held the doors open and Harmony joined him.

“Fourth please…so, you off somewhere nice – you look very spiffy”

“Oh, just putting our case to some big demon corporate thing…not that the boss seems much bothered” Gunn said moodily, looking at his shoes.

“Well you might know why………Wes has told him something about the slayer, and that slayer loving freak…always puts him in a mood”

“Any idea what it’s about?”

Harmony shrugged and said,

“I have NO idea, and no wish to either – well, here’s my stop – good luck!” She got out, and Gunn continued to the ground floor.

The truth of the matter was, Harmony had tried every which way but loose to find out what Wesley had been so excited over – she’d heard him talking animatedly on the phone to that Giles bloke – Buffy’s watcher – and even nosying around Wesley’s desk didn’t reveal anything. She needed Angel to be in a good mood – huh, FAT chance of that now if what Wesley told him had upset him……………

*************


“So, we reckon it’s due roughly two months before my birthday, around September the 15” Buffy said, and Giles nodded, and then said seriously,

“I’d like a friend of mine to have a look at you, Dr Moss, ex-Watchers council”

“Why?”

“Because, well – I thought that you’d need to see somebody, to monitor how the baby is doing and-“

“But I have my own doctor for that, Dr Edmonds – they do a special pre-natal clinic, ante natal classes and everything – they even do them in the evenings so the dad’s can be there without having to have time off from work, so Spike will be able to come with me” Buffy said.

Giles stood and took off his glasses, turned and faced them both. Spike was holding Buffy’s hand reassuringly.

“Buffy…this – this baby you’re carrying…we don’t know what it is” Giles said

Both Buffy and Spike frowned, and Buffy said,

“What do you mean ‘don’t know what it is,’ it’s going to be a baby for the gods sake!”

“Keep calm, babe, Giles what exactly do you mean? Spike said, trying himself to keep calm.

“Well, you’re a vampire – we don’t know if the infant will be a – a hybrid of some sort, half human, half vampire – where it’ll need to feed on blood – these things ned to be checked before hand” Buffy looked worriedly at Spike, and shook her head, but said nothing

“It’s okay babe…” Spike whispered to Buffy, giving her hand a gentle squeeze

“No Giles, the scroll said the union, OUR union, was blessed – basically for good deeds done, a – a reward if you like – it didn’t say anything about the baby being different – which I assume, as it was from the PTB, it would have said, so we’re going to do this exactly how Buffy wants to do this”

“But-“ Giles began

“But nothing! Besides which, I’m not having my girl treated like some bloody lab-rat for your lot to experiment on, you got that – right, come on pet, let’s go before I loose my temper” Spike held the door open and Buffy followed him out.

“Buffy…is that what you want?” Giles stood behind his desk and slipped his glasses back on.

She turned in the doorway and said,

“Yes Giles, my life is weird enough, I want everything as normal as possible for my baby” she was absently rubbing her tummy while she spoke.

“Very well – oh, and just one other thing, Spike said you’ve agreed to stop slaying – for the duration, is that right?”

“And a few months after” Spike chipped in, and Giles nodded

“I’ll give you a hand, don’t worry” Spike said

“Well, we shouldn’t have to worry too much, because in three weeks time, we’ll have another slayer”

Both Spike and Buffy, still standing in the doorway frowned at each other, and then looked at Giles.

“Faith is due out the Greenvale Correctional Facility for Women in 20 days time”

“FAITH? – Terrific!” Buffy said, looking disgusted.

“What – whose Faith?” Spike asked

“Long story – tell you when we get home – um baby, can we stop off at the store, I need to get a few things…” Buffy and Spike left.


*******


The following evening


“Well, it’s officially three days after my first missed period, so I’ve made an appointment with Dr Edmonds, I could only get a morning appointment baby, I’m sorry, but I was thinking of asking Willow to come with me, do you mind?”

Spike soaped and rinsed her back, leant forward and kissed her shoulder and said,

“Course not, I think she knows something is up, it’s been a fortnight now since we found out, and you haven’t been out patrolling once!”

“Come on Kitten, this water’s cold, lets get ourselves dry”
chapter 4 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 4



“Well, come straight from lectures and have dinner with us, Spike’s going to do pasta”

“Yummy – okay then, see you around five-ish, bye!” Willow put the phone down.

Spike’s body-clock was in sync with Buffy’s now, and he slept most of the night, and was awake during the hours of daylight, but sometimes he needed an afternoon nap. It was one of those times today, he’d been out patrolling with Giles and was a little jaded. Buffy smiled at his sleeping form and went to do a little light housework.

Spike woke, yawned and stretched, he sensed Buffy in the room and tuned to see her with a yellow duster in her hand, she was polishing the photograph frame, the one that held the picture of her mother. She been rubbing the same side and staring off into space for a while now, lost in her reverie………

“Penny for your thoughts?” Spike came and cuddled her up from behind, slipping his arms around her middle and he dropped a soft kiss on her neck.

“Oh…I was just thinking…mom would have been over the moon at the news” She turned her head and smiled at him

“Annoyed at being a granny at her age mind, but well – you know”

“Yeah, I know pet…but she might have come after me with that bloody axe again, for getting HER baby into trouble!”

“No, she really did like you – she told me how you saved her getting scammed over some supposed Victorian prints once at the gallery…”

“Are you okay pet– not too sad or anything?”

“No, I’m fine” Buffy put the frame down back on top of the bookcase. Spike kissed her cheek.

“Good, want some tea?”

“Hmm, please – oh, I phoned Willow, she’s coming for dinner – straight from lectures, I told her we were having pasta”

Spike shouted ‘okay’ from the kitchen.

Buffy went and joined Spike in the kitchen. She sat on one of the stools at the breakfast counter and watched as Spike made the tea.

“Babe, I was thinking…I know I jumped in and sort of stuck my oar in with Giles, but, well, if you decide you want to let that Dr friend of his have a look at you, I won’t be mad at you – if it’ll give you peace of mind” He placed a steaming mug in front of her.

“Nope – like you say, I’m not a lab-rat – I’m happy with the way we’re going to do things” Buffy grinned at him

“Okay pet, but you know, if you want to change your mind, just say…right – pasta you said, – well, it just so happens………I went to that Italian deli and bought some fresh stuff, and what sauce do you want with it?”

“That chunky tomato one you do with basil…it’s yummy – and mushrooms in it too!”

“Good girl! – Nice and healthy - you look tired pet, why don’t you go put your feet up and have a rest until Red comes”

And Buffy did just that!

***********


“Hmm – goodness Spike – all those afternoons watching the cookery programmes certainly paid off – this sauce is amazing!” Willow relished every mouthful.

“Glad you like it Red, more salad?”

“Thanks…so, what’s this news you’ve got to tell me then?”

“Um…well, just make sure you’re not chewing anything first, I would hate for you to choke!” Buffy said, grinning at Spike, who reached for Buffy’s hand.

“O-okay………there, all gone, you’ve got me worried now…what’s up?”

“I’m having a baby - me and Spike we’re having a baby” Both Buffy and Spike were grinning their head’s off.

“You’re – oh goddess – that’s just…I – sorry, congratulations!” She jumped and put her arm around both of them, giving them a squeeze.

“Well, you don’t seem surprised – I thought you’d ask how first!” Buffy said

“How – Buffy – I know how!”

“No, I mean, you know, how come Spike can – you know – father children him being a vampire n’all!”

“Hey, Hellmouth – not that I’m saying it’s a demon or anything, don’t get me wrong, but strangeness and odd things happening – goes with the territory – nothing fazes me now! A baby – that’s so…fantastic! Who else knows?

“Well, Giles of course, Wesley told him, but you’re the first person we’ve told”

“I’m honoured – Wesley you say, huh? – Does that mean, um, you-know-who might know too?”

Buffy shrugged and said,

“Don’t know, don’t care, it’s none of his business…it, well, it’s a prophecy – reward for services rendered, if you like – and I’m due around the 15th of September”

“Wow…Buffy – you’re having a baby! – Oh! I’m SO happy for you both!”

“Thanks Will…are you busy tomorrow morning?”

“Um, let me think…Friday, no – I’ve got one lecture after lunch, why?”

“Come to the doctors surgery with me – I could only get a daytime appointment”

“Wow – course I will!”

“Thanks Red – that’ll be a load off my mind…oh, are you going to tell her the bad news now?” Spike said, picking up the empty plates. Willow immediately looked worried and looked at Buffy

“Bad news?”

“Well, you know I haven’t been patrolling…”

“Yes, oh, don’t tell me you’ve lost your slayer powers?”

“No, nothing like that…it’s Faith, she gets let out of the Correctional Facility in three weeks, she’s coming here to take my place”

“Oh god – has it been four years since she…”

“Let out for good behaviour – just as long as she keeps well away from me and Spike, that’s all!”

“Yeah, me too – do you think she’s better now?” Willow asked, frowning. Buffy shrugged, and then sat up delightedly as Spike bought in a tub of real Italian ice cream.

“Dessert, anyone?”

“Ooooohhhhh yeah! Me, me, me, me, me!!!” Buffy waved her spoon in the air.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it, don’t let her be greedy with it Red, there’s a pint there – make sure you have your share – ay-up bang on time, that’ll be Giles – I’ll see you later kitten, and thanks for saying you’ll go with her tomorrow, Red, I appreciate it!”

Spike dropped a light kiss on Buffy’s head as she was eating, and went to meet Giles in his car outside so they could go patrolling.



Friday lunchtime came, and Buffy came back from the doctors, with armfuls of literature, and some bottles of vitamins.

“Everything ok, love?” Spike looked worried. Buffy kissed him.

“Fine baby, just peachy, don’t worry – dying for a cuppa though!”

“Right on it”

Ten minutes later, Buffy and Willow wandered into the kitchen as there was no tea……… Spike was sitting at the breakfast counter, engrossed in reading one of the booklets she’d bought home.

Both girls smiled at each other, then at him.

“Er, baby, tea?”

“Hmm? – Did you know, it says here, that in the first trimester, the baby grows at a fantastic rate, and you use vitamins up at…sorry, what did you say?”

“Tea?”

“Oh, um, yes, sorry – got side tracked.” Grinning sheepishly, he put the booklet down, re-boiled the kettle, and made tea, went to get the milk out of the fridge.

“Right, this can go, and this, and you’re not eating this, or that…that’s out too” Buffy watched a mounting pile on the counter, Cola, Seven Up, Squeezy Cheese, leftover pizza and Baloney………

“Why not?”

“Coz it’s full of sugar and salts and colours and additives…you’ve got to have Whole milk and cereals, fresh fruit and vegetables, salads, lean meat, poultry and fish, wholemeal bread, so it say’s here” Spike indicated the book. Willow smiled. Buffy had her brows raised, pulled a brown paper bag out of her bag, and delved in, ate a cherry.

“Are those washed?” Spike asked sternly.

“Uh huh. Missing something, though” She went to the cupboard, took out the mayo.

“Ah-ah, no” he took the jar off her, put it back into the cupboard.

“But…” She frowned

“I said, no!” Spike said firmly.

“Why not?” Buffy blinked big eyed at him. In a softer tone, he said,

“Because it’s raw eggs, can be bad for the baby, look” He ran his finger under the ‘Foods to be avoided during pregnancy’ section, along with things like unpasturised cheeses, pates, raw fish and offal. She pouted. Willow knew, despite this ‘you’ll do as you’re told’ attitude, secretly, they both loved it, it would make Buffy feel all protected and loved, and let Spike feel he was caring for her even more than usual.

“Oh, Miss Pouty…Look at that lip…gonna get it…gonna get it! (Spike pounced and kissed her gently) What do you want for dinner?”

“Er, Pizza?”

“No, I was thinking chicken. With fresh veg.” Frowning, Buffy said,

“Chicken………okay stir fry?” She asked, hopefully, eyebrows raised.

“Homemade – coz you don’t need the MSG in take-out stuff?” Spike asked

“Hmm, yeah – with bell peppers and mushrooms and green onions?” Buffy salivated.

“Sure, I can do that for you, soft noodles, or brown rice?” Spike asked.
Buffy smiled and shrugged,

“Don’t mind…Spi-ike…”

“Ye-e-e-e-s?” He sing-songed back.

“Make me an omelette for lunch, please?” She looked at him big eyed.

“Ok baby, you got it”

Willow watched the pair bemusedly. She’d never seen two beings more steeped and happy in domestic bliss!

“Er, sorry to interrupt folks, but I have to go, I’ve got a lecture at 2pm”

“Okay Red, thanks for going with her today” Spike said, kissing Willow on the cheek.

“I’ll ring you sometime this weekend – take care, bye!”

“Bye Will, and thanks!” Buffy waved her friend off.
chapter 5 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 5


The first three months whizzed by in domestic bliss – Faith was settled as the resident slayer, and thankfully kept away from them – she knew Spike, and what he was, and knew he wasn’t the ‘enemy’ any more. Spike still kept a wide berth from her though, and rarely went out patrolling anyway.

Well into her fourth month, Buffy had started to get moody.

“Buffy…love, open the door!”

“No!”

“Why not pet?”

“Coz I’m hideous! I’m all fat, and nothing fits, and I look yukky and-”

“Babe, first off, you’re not fat – you’re pregnant, you’re full of our little bundle of joy – and I personally, think you’ve never looked more beautiful – radiant in fact…now open the door kitten, please?”

The door was unlocked, and a very sorry looking Buffy stood in baggy jogging pants and a big baggy tee shirt, her normal everyday stuff no longer fitted her, and was thrown all around the room.

“Come here pet…what’s wrong, huh?”

“Nothing fits! How can you love me when I look like this?” Buffy raised one arm indicating herself in the mirror. She sniffed and buried herself into his embrace.

Spike held her close and started to laugh.

“You are a funny little one…look – I was going to give you this tomorrow, when Red comes over here, but…here you go, I sold a couple of my books – my first editions to that bookseller – I got a good price for the Dickens – go and buy yourself something pretty to wear – it’ll make you feel better” Buffy’s eyes went huge as Spike handed her $500.

“SPIKE!”

“What babe?”

“You sold your – oh Spike! You’re SO good to me…but your beloved books!”

“No worries pet, they were only gathering dust – I don’t mind”

“But, well…we need this to do the spare room up as a nursery” Buffy offered the money back, but Spike gently closed his hand over hers, and pushed it back towards her.

“Don’t you worry about that Kitten, it’s all in hand…now, gonna give me a smile?” Spike coaxed

Buffy did more than that, she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

“Steady on there kitten – you’ll get me all………” Between kisses Buffy mewled that was precisely her goal.

For comfort, they found it best if Buffy went on top. Her breasts were fuller now, and her nipples darker, and the slight swell of her belly had Spike filled with manly pride – she looked magnificent, rising and falling on him, head thrown back as she cried out her love for him –

Lying in his arms, Buffy felt safe and protected, nothing could touch them, they had their own little world.



***************


“Well, I did try asking them once, at the very beginning, but they both were having none of it, they said that they wanted everything to be as normal as possible for the baby, and Spike also said he wasn’t going to have Buffy treated like a lab-rat by the Watchers Council” Giles said to Wesley


“But Liz Moss is EX Watcher’s Council”

“I know, I know, but like I say, they were having none of it – so what have you found out, anyway?”

“Not me, Angel actually………could be something and nothing, part of a prophecy, about a ‘Wunderkind’, a ‘wonder child’ – super human strength, born for the good –“

“I see, and you say that it’s Angel that found this out?”

“Uh huh, why?”

“Because telling them, well………it’ll be like a red rag to a bull if you say Angel found out the information, given how things are between them – and Spike would definitely want to know what Angel was doing, sniffing round stuff that was absolutely none of his concern”

“To be fair Giles, Angel still cares for Buffy, despite what he thinks about Spike”

“Then if that’s true Wesley, Angel should know when to keep his nose out”

“So you don’t think they should be told?”

“I didn’t say that, I just said that it would probably be a lot better if the information hadn’t come from Angel. Where did he find this stuff, any ideas?”

“Hmm, not sure – I could ask”

“Do you think he’d tell you?”

“Don’t see why not – leave it with me, okay?”

“Will do old man – how’s my old charge getting on?”

“Faith? – Oh, you know, she has her own quirks, does things very much her own way, but she’s getting the job done I’m glad to say”

“Good, good…well then Giles, I’ll see what I can find out for you, and let you know, okay?”

“Thanks – see you”

“Bye”

Giles had just put the phone down, when Buffy came into the little office area of the shop.

“Buffy, how lovely to see you – I was just – tal-um think, thinking about you!” Giles thought it prudent to not let on he’d been talking about her.

“Really? So, how are you – golly, it’s been a while since I came in here, it all looks quite strange!”

“I’m fine, more to the point, how are you?”

“Here, look at this – it’s the sonogram…see, there’s his head, and that’s his little back…those are his legs…that’s his arm” Giles stared at the fuzzy white picture, it looked like a snowstorm against a windshield to him…Buffy was beaming.

The picture suddenly became clear, and Giles grinned too.


“Oh yes! Wow…things they can do…He – you know it’s going to be a he?”

Buffy nodded, because she was delving into her purse, and chewing.

“Uh huh, Pearl, that’s the nurse that did the scan asked us if we wanted to know, and we both did – he’s fine and dandy, growing just the way he should be, I’m fit as a fiddle, blood pressure normal – and you can keep that picture – Spike went and had about two-dozen copies made”

Buffy said grinning, popping another grape into her mouth.

Giles smiled at this, and put the picture down on the desk

“I see, proud daddy, huh?” Buffy grinned and rolled her eyes,

“Like you wouldn’t believe – he’s even – oh”

“GILES! Did you get that – oh – Hey, B – how are you?”

“The smile went from Buffy’s face, and she just said, ‘Fine’.

“That’s five by- um good – Giles, the location for this Remalak demon, you said you’d find – thanks, okay, well, I won’t keep you…um, you know, look after yourself B…thanks for…(she held up the slip of paper Giles had written the info she’d wanted on it) and left the office.

“Well, I better be going Giles, Willow and Spike were painting when I left them – I’m dying to see what they’ve done”

“I’ll give you a lift, if you like”

“Oh it’s no bother, I can-“

“Actually…there’s something I’d like to run past you, if you don’t mind?”

Buffy popped another grape, and shrugged

“Okay”

“Good, I’ll just get my jacket and keys, you can go sit in the car if you like, it is open”

Buffy did just that.
chapter 6 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 6


“S-Super-human strength? How do you know?” Buffy turned to look at Giles; they’d just pulled up outside her house.

“Part of a prophecy – I don’t know anything else, there’s a chance it could mean your baby – given that you are a slayer – and Spike has enhanced strength too, being a vampire. I shouldn’t worry about it too much, it could be something and nothing”

Buffy nodded, and looked at the house. She could see the window open upstairs, and the sound of the radio.

“Where did you find this information, it might be worth checking to see if there’s more”

“That’s just it, I don’t know…this info – it came from, well, Wesley told me”

“Wesley?”

“Actually Buffy, it came from Angel”

“Angel – what the hell has it got to do with him – I just wish he’d keep his nose OUT!” Buffy swiftly got out of the car and slammed the door. Giles winced

“Buffy…Buffy, wait!” Giles followed her down the path, Buffy didn’t stop, she just opened the front door, and left it open for Giles to follow.

She went straight upstairs.

In the bedroom, between them, Willow and Spike had rigged up a drape of dark fabric to shield Spike from the daylight, he was busy painting planets and a comet on to a dark blue painted wall.

“Hey babe – you okay?” Spike grinned at her and kissed her.

“Wow………oh gods, it’s BEAUTIFUL!”

“And Xander’s going to do this slightly dropped ceiling effect, he’s going to put up a board, with hundreds of tiny holes drilled into it, and we can put little fairy lights through them, it’ll look like hundreds of twinkling stars”

Buffy grinned and cuddled up to Spike

“Hey…looking good!” Giles leant against the doorjamb

“Hold on…Spike, coming round the curtain, take cover!” Willow’s disembodied voice said, and Spike ducked behind the closet door while she shifted the curtain to come and talk to her friend.

“’Kay Red, I’m covered”

“Oh, hi Giles…so, Buffy – what do you think?” Willow began to wipe her hands on a rag.

“It looks brilliant – I can’t wait to see it all hooked up with the fairy lights!”

Giles declined the offer of tea, and left.

After Willow had gone, Spike made tea and they both sat on the sofa. Buffy lay against Spike’s chest, he’d got both arms around her.

“Saw Faith today”

“Did you Pet? – Did she say anything to you?”

“Not much – she looked a bit, well embarrassed at first – couldn’t leave fast enough – got a Remalak demon, she wanted the location for it”

“Really – Oh, Clem might have mentioned something about it – I tend not to take much notice these days”

“You know, she never said sorry to me for that body-swap thing she did……… still – as long as she just keeps away from us, I don’t care…” Buffy absently played with Spike’s fingers.

“Giles told me something…it could – okay, OW, OW OW!”

Spike immediately loosened his arms and looked over Buffy’s shoulder wondrously at her belly, which was moving!

“Can you see that? Little devil’s playing soccer with those grapes I ate!” Buffy grinned. Every so often her tummy would stick out at odd little points.

“That’s his elbow…OW and that’s his knee, I think!”

Spike moved and put his head on her tummy.

“Hey, Billy-Boy………go easy on your lovely mum, huh? I know we can both pack a kick and a punch, but there’s no need for you to join in as well!”

Buffy smiled and stroked Spike’s head as he spoke softly to the baby. It worked too – the baby settled down!

“You’re daft, you are!” Buffy said, and Spike leaned up and gave her a soft kiss.

“Yup, that’s me alright, Daft over you two, I know that!”

She decided not to say anything to Spike about what Giles had told her, she was comfy, and relaxed, and knew that the mere mention of Angel’s name would get Spike all agitated. Suddenly her eye’s popped open.

“Er, Spike – Billy-Boy?”

“What, hmm? What about him, is he-“ He went to shift but Buffy held his head to her, twirling his soft curls around her finger – Spike loved this, it always relaxed him

“No, he’s okay, I mean the name!”

“Oh – don’t you like it?” Spike looked worriedly up at her

“Actually…I love it! William, after his lovely daddy!” They grinned at each other.

“Cept we’ll call him Billy, yeah? I can just picture the little slugger, running around – we’ll have to get some proper shutters for the downstairs rooms – don’t want to come down to find Billy and a big old pile of dust, now do we?”

“Certainly don’t………Xander will help I’m sure”

“Yeah – Oh, guess what – according to Red, he’s going to ask the girl who works on-site at the show-house out it’ll do him good, he hasn’t bothered since Anya has he?”

“No…baby – anyway, never mind about him, lets go have a bath, and an early night, hmm?”

“Early night – it’s only 6.20pm now!”

“I know…early, early night then…want you to make love to me”

Grinning Spike stood and scooped her up and carried his love upstairs.



***************



Spike made love to her gently, she longed for a little athleticism that she was more used to, but they didn’t want to jiggle the baby too much.

Lying wrapped in each other’s arms, sleep came quickly to them both.

While they slept, a ‘presence’ filled the room – a beautiful woman looked over the sleeping pair, and smiled. She raised an arm, a fine mist descended on them both, and then as suddenly as she arrived, she and the mist disappeared.


Buffy woke, got out of bed and went to the bathroom. She got back into bed, and Spike turned on his side and put his arm around her.

“You okay babe?”

“Fine…I had a strange dream”

“Me too – it was about Billy”

“Mine too! There was this voice, talking, telling me things” Spike sat up, and Buffy did too.

“Same here…she was saying how the baby was very special – well we KNOW that – but something about him having great humanity, love for his fellow man.
He will be stronger than a mortal, and certain powers, to be revealed when necessary!”

“He was born for the good, but he will not be sacrificed!” Buffy said, and Spike eagerly nodded

“Yes – Buffy, we had the same dream! Did you see the woman – she looked Greek or something, wearing one of those floaty sleeveless dresses and her hair all done up in plaits…she was very beautiful”

“I only saw her at the end – she was smiling – she told me not to worry, that I’d see my son grow up - Spike…I think it was The Powers That Be…telling us about Billy”

“You think?”

Buffy nodded and said,

“I’m certain…why else would we BOTH have the same dream?”

Spike slowly nodded

“Come on, concentrate, can you think of anything more?” They both sat silent for a few moments…and then Spike said,

“No, I think that’s it…he won’t be sacrificed – and you will see him grow up - thank the gods, I was worried about something like that”

“Were you?” Buffy asked softly

“Are you telling me you weren’t? – Fate threw us a curved ball babe – and then we get this miracle – us having a baby…………I didn’t want to worry you by saying anything, but I kept on wondering what was going to happen to, well spoil things – I was so scared that something would-“

Buffy put her finger on his lips, and nodded

“I know babe, me too………but now we know, everything is going to be alright, and Billy will be extra special – but he won’t have to die to save the world, and I will live to see him grow up – so I wonder where that leaves me as a slayer?”

“Who cares about that now? Gods – I am SO happy!” Spike could have whooped
with joy.

They made love until sun-up, and fell asleep exhausted! Buffy woke to the telephone ringing.

“Hello – Buffy – you and Spike must come to the shop, there is fantastic news!” Giles said

“Is it about Billy?”

“Billy? Who’s Billy?”

“The baby – that’s what we’re calling him – well is it?”

“Yes, we don’t know where it’s come from, but there’s a scroll, like the first prophecy was written on – it says he will be stronger-“

“Yes, we know, Spike and I, well we had the same dream – it told us stuff how he’ll have great humanity, and powers to be revealed when necessary…and I’ll live, to see him grow up…I - I’ve got to go, I’ll see you later”

Buffy put the phone down, and took a deep breath – to have the knowledge that she’d live long enough to see her child grow up overwhelmed her and she wiped happy tears from her face.

Spike was still asleep and she bent and softly kissed his tousled curls and whispered,

“I Love you”

In his sleep, Spike smiled and cuddled up to her warmth, murmured,

“Love you both”
chapter 7 by LoobyLoo
Chapter 7


Buffy sailed through the rest of her pregnancy, she took her vitamins, and did her exercises, and enjoyed it, knowing that it was her ‘one shot’ deal.

It was the 14th of September, and Buffy and Spike were sitting on the sofa watching TV, it was a little after lunchtime.

“Baby…would you make me one of those raspberry leaf teas Willow’s got me on, they’re delicious, and she said it’ll help with the birth”

Spike went into the kitchen, and made one for her. When he got back into the lounge, Buffy wasn’t there; she was half way up the stairs.

“You okay pet?”

“Yeah, need a pee, Billy’s lying on my bladder…” Spike went and sat down, only to jump up like something possessed when he heard Buffy call out.

“What is it Kitten?”

“My waters have broke………it’s started!”

“Right, I’ll phone the hospital – is your case ready downstairs?”

“Yes, don’t panic, there’s hours to go yet”


************


At twenty passed midnight, on September the 15th, baby William James was born. It had been a textbook delivery, everything went perfectly, and Spike cut the umbilical cord, and the midwife took the baby away to wash and weigh him.

Their foreheads touching, Spike whispered how much he loved her and how seeing his son being born was one of the most amazing things he’d ever seen.

“There you go, congratulations, daddy!” the nurse put Billy in his daddy’s arms, and then went to sort out Buffy.

Spike stared at his son in awe – he felt like crying it as so moving; he took him over to Buffy.

“Hello my son…I’m your daddy………let’s take you to see your mum, shall we, hmm? Here’s your beautiful mum…say hello to your beautiful mum…”

Buffy smiled and gently touched his hand and whispered,

“Hello baby…he’s beautiful!”

“Course he is – just like his mum!” Spike said, kissing Billy’s forehead.

Spike was able to hang around for an hour with them, and saw Buffy feed him, but it would be getting light before too long, and so he had to go. He kissed his sleeping son’s downy head, and then kissing Buffy, he left.

“Ring me in the morning, okay?”

“I’ll make it nearer lunchtime babe, you need your rest too!” Buffy said


********


“Willow?”

“Spike – has she-?”

“Yes, couple of hours ago, 7lb 3oz – he’s beautiful!” Spike enthused

“I bet – oh, congratulations, Spike – when can I go see them?”

“Thanks Red…how about lunchtime – I obviously can’t go during the day”

“Great – what colour hair has he got?”

“He’s dark, got big blue eyes, little tiny, tiny nails…he’s just perfect!” Willow giggled and said she couldn’t wait to see him.

“Should I phone Xander now or shall I leave it until the morning?” Spike asked

“Oh, phone him now, he’ll be happy enough”


A sleepy voice said,

“Hello?”

“Xander – Billy arrived safely a couple of hours ago, 7lb 3oz, he and Buffy are perfect!”

“Oh Spike – Congratulations, so everything went okay?”

“Just perfect mate, I’ve phoned Willow, she’s going to see them lunchtime, if you want to go with her”

“I’ve got a lunchtime meeting, but I can go in the afternoon – visiting is all day isn’t it?”

“Yeah, that’ll be great, then I can go in the evening”

“What has Giles said?”

“I haven’t told him yet, you’re only the second person I’ve phoned”

“Oh, um thanks! Wow…Buffy a mom eh – and you a daddy – man…I bet you never thought this day would come!”

They both laughed, and Spike said he’d better go and phone Giles.

“Rupe’s me old mate………”

“Spike! I take it she’s had the baby?”

“Couple of hours ago, 7lb 3oz, they are both perfect – it was amazing – he’s so beautiful!”

“I’m really happy for you Spike………and you say Buffy’s okay?”

“She did everything by the book – I’ve told Willow and Xander, they are going to see them later, if you want to pop along”

“Okay Spike, will do, thanks for telling me”


**********


12.30pm lunchtime.

Spike groped for the phone.
“Hey baby!”

“Buffy, love everything alright, you and Billy?” Spike woke from a deep slumber, and sat up

“Were fine –guess what? – The doc said as I did everything I was supposed to, and as I didn’t have any drugs, I can come home this afternoon – Billy just has to have a vitamin shot – oh Willow’s just arrived – oh my god, what a huge teddy she’s got!”

“Really – fantastic – Ah – aahhhhhhhhhhhh – s’cuse me yawning! Okay then babe, Xander will be coming later”

“I’ll get him to bring me home then”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, see you later, love you”

“Love you babe…give Billy a kiss for me”

“I will – bye”

“Bye Kitten”

*************


“Come in – oh, hi Wesley…everything okay?” Wesley put his head around the door

“Yes thanks, Angel…I um, I just thought you’d like to know…Buffy’s had the baby”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, early hours of this morning, so Giles told me”

“I see. What hospital is she in, I could send some flowers”

“Actually – Giles said she was being allowed home, everything went so well – she opted for natural childbirth so they’re letting her come out”

“Right…well, thanks for telling me, Wes”

“You okay?”

“Me? (Angel let out a big sigh) I suppose so. You now, I hope Spike realises just how lucky he is………”


“Oh don’t you worry on that score – from what Giles tells me, Spike counts his blessings everyday”

“Really” Angel said flatly, getting up out of his office chair and looking out of the window.

Wesley came into the room and closed the door.

“Yes Angel, he really does – and luck didn’t really come into it, he earned what he got, don’t you think?”

Angel scoffed

“Earned – earned? – Don’t make me laugh…Spike’s never-“

“Angel – this ‘poor me’ act of yours is VERY tiresome, did you know that? I know you two have a history of bad blood between you, but I hardly think that the PTB go round giving away ‘gifts’ like that for no reason, do you?”

This was quite a shock to Angel – he’d only ever seen the Buffy/Spike relationship as just that, one of pure luck on Spike’s part.

“Spike’s gone against his very nature to get where he is today – he”

“SPARE me the details” Angel said, harshly at first, and then his tone softened.

“He’s done an awful lot of good Angel, you just refuse to see it”

“So have I – I’ve got a soul too!”

“Yes but…” Wesley bit his bottom lip.

Angel turned to face his co-worker

“But what, come on tell me, I’m dying to hear what you have to say”

“Well, okay. You were CURSED with your soul, Spike went out on his own volition to get his – he went through a terrible ordeal – ordeals to get it. No body asked him to he-“

“Did it for Buffy, yeah, you said………I’ve done good things – where’s my reward?”

“I don’t know Angel – maybe you get the swanky office and the fast sports car – anyway, have you ever thought about it the other way around, huh? – Ever thought that Buffy deserves a reward – the Chosen One, born to die young, not have a family or a normal life – ever thought it was her reward to have a family and a man she loves”

“Vampire” angel corrected him

“Vampire then – you’re just sore it isn’t you – I better be going. Don’t brood about this Angel, this was prophesied, written in tablets of stone if you like, nothing you could have done would have altered it. Now, I’m off, goodbye”

Moodily angel poured himself a very large brandy, and mumbled to himself,

“All I’m saying was, it could have been me…”

***************


“Er, did they have a bigger one in the shop?” Buffy surveyed the teddy bear almost as big as herself!

“I couldn’t resist it – So come on, where is he?” Willow couldn’t take the grin off her face.

“Come on Billy…say hello to your aunty Willow…” Buffy gently picked him up out of the cot and put him in Willow’s arms

“He’s awake – oh, can I………Oh Buffy – he’s SO beautiful! Hello! Hello there, oh goddess, look at you eh – whose got his daddy’s big blue eyes then………Buffy he’s gorgeous!” Buffy grinned

“I know – I can’t stop looking at him – I just…I wish that…mom was, oh!”

“Oh hey, um, look let me put Billy down and-“

“No, no it’s alright, I’m…just being silly – it’s the hormones, midwife said this would happen – you get teary…mom would have loved him” Buffy found a tissue and blew her nose and wiped her eyes.

Willow nodded, she too felt a little emotional, she cuddled Billy and he didn’t cry once.

*************


Later on that afternoon, Xander bought them home, he carried in Buffy’s suitcase while Buffy carried in the baby.

She kissed Spike and put the baby in his arms.
“There you go baby…go say hello to your daddy”

“I won’t be a sec – “ Xander said, and dashed back out to the car again, and took something from the trunk.

“Um, this is for Billy, I hope he - you like it”

Spike took the paper off to reveal a beautiful, intricately carved crib.

“Oh Xander! It’s lovely!” Buffy threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

“Wow, neat piece of work there mate – it’s great, thanks!”

“Well, I better be off – got the site manager coming round at five – I’ll see you in the week”

They all said their goodbyes, and Spike went to make tea.


For the first few nights, Spike just sat by the crib, watching his baby son sleep, he marvelled at the way Billy would hold onto his finger, or the way he nestled and fed. Buffy sat between Spike’s legs with her back to his chest when she fed Billy, and then Spike would reach round and rub the baby’s back to wind him.

Buffy woke to find Spike watching Billy fast asleep, and she smiled

“He’s not suddenly going to go ‘poof’ and disappear, you know!” Spike grinned at her and said softly,

“I know…he’s just amazing…look at those lashes, Willow said she’d kill for lashes like that! And those teeny tiny nails…I’m so lucky to have you both”

“I’m the lucky one. Come and give some fuss now, eh please?” Spike went to her and they both lay cuddled up until they slept.

In the deep mists of time, Aphrodite smiled down at the cosy domestic scene, she knew she’d made the right choice – there could have been another couple destined to have the ‘Wunderkind’ but she knew that Spike would never falter in his duty towards his family – that he loved them beyond words, and that for the goddess of love, was the MOST important thing of all……………

The End

Second story in the ‘Labour’s of Love’ Trilogy

1st Story, ‘You Only Un-Live Twice’
2nd Story, ‘Gift of the Gods’
3rd Story, ‘The Legend of Amun Rah’
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=8609