When Opposites Collide (EPILOGUE ADDED TO CHAPTER 12) by Rachel_13
Summary: Buffy is a 16 year old high school student with a really thick wallet. Spike is a 21 year old college guy with 4 jobs. Buffy crashes the college party and starts to get close. Set in Beverly Hills around the time of season two.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 14452 Read: 15805 Published: 02/20/2005 Updated: 11/05/2005

1. Meeting by Rachel_13

2. Angels by Rachel_13

3. Surprise by Rachel_13

4. Truths by Rachel_13

5. Child of an Angel by Rachel_13

6. Named and Ashamed by Rachel_13

7. Moms and Babies by Rachel_13

8. Scared by Rachel_13

9. Feelings by Rachel_13

10. No Pain, No Gain by Rachel_13

11. Preparation by Rachel_13

12. Birth and Epilogue by Rachel_13

Meeting by Rachel_13
Author's Notes:
I do not own Buffy or any of the show's characters (but I would like to own Spike). Joss owns everything blah blah blah blah blah... you know the drill. The one thing I do own Buffywise is this story. DO NOT TAKE IT!
AN EPILOGUE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE END OF CHAPTER 12 (BIRTH) FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE READ THE STORY AND THOUGHT IT WAS OVER. THANKS TO song gal1 FOR THE LYRICS TO THE SONG FEATURED IN IT

Chapter 1

“Buffy! Buffy! What the hell did you do with my car?!” Buffy’s dad shouted upstairs to Buffy’s room.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about dad.” Buffy replied innocently.
“I’m talking about the great big dent in the bumper! You know you’re not allowed to drive my car without permission Buffy. How many times do I have to tell you?”
“Sorry dad. I’ll pay for it. Promise.” Buffy replied, using her puppy-dog eyes that could get her anything she wanted in seconds. Her dad walked away, shaking his head. Buffy looked to see if he was gone then a giant smile took over her face. Cracked like an egg, she thought. Buffy walked back to her room and threw herself on the bed. What was she doing staying in on a Friday night? Because there was nothing else to do of course.

Suddenly the phone rang.
“I’ll get it!” Buffy shouted. She picked up the phone.
“Buffy, you’ll never believe what’s happened! This guy, Riley Finn, just invited us to this major college party. You have GOT to come with me.” Cordelia shouted down the phone.
“Gee Cord, I don’t know…” Buffy said sarcastically.
“Great. I’ll pick you up in an hour!” Cordelia hung up the phone. Buffy plonked back on her bed and rolled her eyes. Why would she of all people get invited to a college party? Se got up and walked over to the mirror to start putting on make-up. I wonder if any cute guys will be there? I need a guy, especially since what happened with Angel, she thought to herself. Angel was her step-brother on her mother’s side. She got involved with him last year and it ended badly. She had slept with him and he changed, like he wasn’t that person anymore. Like he had lost his soul. He had started hurting people around him and even his family. He moved to L.A a few months ago though so she is now rid of him for good. What the hell was she doing thinking about him at a time like this? This is a college party. She might actually be able to meet a guy who doesn’t want to hurt her badly like Angel. Angel, ha! Anything but!

Cordelia turned up outside Buffy’s house forty-five minutes later. Buffy, after sneaking past her dad, climbed into Cordy’s car and went speeding off.
“This is gonna be soooo cool! I mean a college party! Who would have thought we would be goin’ to one of them?” Cordy said. Buffy just stared out of the window.
“Oh would you stop thinking about Angel already?! He is a poop head for ever turning you down.”
“Maybe I deserved it.”
“No you didn’t. You are the most desirable woman I know and if I was a guy, I’d make a pass at you in seconds.” Buffy actually laughed at that one. She was right. Why was she thinking about Angel?


Cordelia pulled into the driveway of one of the frat houses at UC Sunnydale. She and Buffy both got out and walked towards the door. Nobody was outside and there were no lights on so Cordy decided to knock. They waited there a minute or two before a young college guy opened the door. Stood before them was a very sexy guy with peroxide blonde hair wearing tight black jeans and a black cotton t-shirt.
“Hello ladies,” he said to them before moving aside and gesturing them to enter. Buffy and Cordy took off their coats and handed them to the sexy doorman. Cordelia saw the guy that invited her to the party and was soon gone. Buffy was left alone with the very sexy doorman.
“Hey,” she said, blushing a little.
“Hey back,” he replied.
“So… you go to school here?” Buffy asked.
“Yeah.” They stood there for a moment just staring at each other. The guy was eyeing Buffy’s very short skirt and halter top.
“The Gap,” Buffy said, giggling a little.
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to stare. It’s just… you’re pretty.” The guy said, a little embarrassed.
“’Sokay. It’s why I wore it. So what’s your name?”
“Spike.”
“Spike?”
“Yeah. I spiked the punch at my high school prom. Real name’s William.”
“Wow. Rebel much. Name’s Buffy.”
“Nickname?”
“No!”
“Sorry. Just never heard it before, that’s all.”
“That’s okay. I get that a lot. Wanna dance?”
“Nah. Sorry… not that I don’t want to. I get paid for this doorman stuff so, ya know. There’s this thing going on at the Bronze tomorrow night and I was thinking maybe I should go. Wanna come with me?”
“Sure!”
“Cool. It’s a date.” Spike finished before walking outside. Buffy spent the rest of the night thinking about Mr Peroxide-Blonde and their date tomorrow night. Would he be like Angel? Probably not. Nobody was as bad as Angel was. She had bleedin’ tragic taste in men.

End of Chapter 1.
Angels by Rachel_13
Chapter 2: Angels

Buffy sneaked upstairs to her bedroom at two in the morning. She could hear her dad snoring (thank God) and decided to tiptoe to her room. She laid on her bed and fell asleep just as her head hit the pillow. She dreamt of Spike that night. Not a sex dream, just the two of them on a deserted beach at sunset, holding hands whilst walking beside the ocean. Buffy’s idea of a perfect dream date. They had a picnic with all of the aphrodisiacs that you could think of. Oysters, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne. It was perfect. Then the alarm went off and tore Buffy away from her perfect dream.

“Stupid clock,” Buffy said sleepily. She turned it off and slowly got out of bed. She hated it when she forgot to turn her alarm off on a Saturday morning. She could never get back to sleep. Her mom once got her a broken alarm clock for a joke and Buffy said it was her favourite of all alarm clocks.

Buffy trudged along to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She looked into the mirror and thought, God, if I look like this tonight Spike will so not want me ever. She brushed her hair so she would look more presentable and went to get dressed. She chose a small black dress that she hadn’t worn in ages and went downstairs for breakfast. A note greeted her on the table.

To Buffy,
Gone away with Kathryn for the weekend. Left at about five o’ clock this morning so that’s why you didn’t hear me leave. I will be back Monday evening so don’t think you can get into any trouble whilst I’m gone. Angel should be coming round on Sunday so can you be here to let him in please. Kathryn would really appreciate this. Thanks.
Love Dad and Kathryn
Xxxxx

Buffy re-read the letter several times but wouldn’t let herself believe what her dad wanted her to do. Be alone in the house with Angel tomorrow?! No way. What could she do to prevent being alone with him. She hated this guy. He had hurt her in so many ways and yet her dad still wanted him here. Crap!


Buffy spent the rest of the day asking herself: should she let him in or shouldn’t she. Maybe she should give him a taste of his own medicine. Yeah! She should act like she had a boyfriend. But how? She was going out with Spike tonight, maybe…yes…she could get him to stay the night so when he came over… this just might work.


Buffy dressed for the Bronze and put on makeup. She decided to take the risk and take her dad’s car to the Bronze to bring her and Spike back in. Would he agree with her little plan? There was only one way to find out. She parked up outside the Bronze and walked in. A couple of teenaged guys stared at her on the way in and Buffy smiled at them as if to say: NO way. Sitting at a table in a dark corner was Spike looking at his watch. Buffy walked over to him at poked him a few times on the shoulder.

“Thought you were going to stand me up.” Spike said.

“A hot guy like you? I wouldn’t dream of it.” Buffy replied flirtatiously. Spike gestured for her to sit down. Buffy sat and just looked at him. Spike was the first to break the silence.

“I just saw your friend on the dancefloor with her tongue down a guys throat. That guy wasn’t the guy she was snoggin’ at the party yesterday.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Buffy said.

“God I hope you’re not like that Buff.”

“I can tell you straight away that I’m not. I’ve only kissed one guy and it didn’t work out so I’m kinda afraid to date anyone at the moment.”

“You don’t have to be afraid around me.”

“I know. You’re nice. Nothing like Angel.”

“Angel?”

“My ex. Also my stepbrother.” Spike gave her a funny look. “Shit. Me and my big mouth. If you don’t wanna date me now then I understand. God you must think I’m a perverted whore now and that I’ll jump in bed with anyone and…” Buffy was silenced when Spike leaned in and kissed her. The kiss wasn’t hungry and lusty like the kisses with Angel. It was sweet. Buffy decided to give as good as she was getting and began to slide her tongue in his mouth. He took it and started to suck on it. Buffy ended the kiss first and looked into his eyes.

“Wow! That was… wow.” Buffy said.

“Thanks. You taste as good as you look.” Buffy blushed.

“Um… I know you’re gonna think something weird if I say this but Angel is coming round tomorrow and he kinda… went different when we… and… I just wanted to ask… will you stay at my house tonight?” Buffy babbled and braced herself for an answer.

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“Yes.”

“Thanks! You’re a lifesaver. What can I do to thank you?”

“A kiss would be nice.” Spike said with a flirtatious smile. Buffy leaned in and kissed him again. This time the kiss was more passionate but still sweet like last time. She explored his mouth with her tongue again and made the kiss last longer. He was the first to pull away this time.

“Do you wanna dance?” Buffy asked. Spike answered by getting up and offering her his hand. Buffy took it and he led them to the dance floor.


After a good few hours of dancing, they were finally ready to go back to Buffy’s house. Buffy drove them back and parked outside the house and turned to Spike who’s mouth was wide open.

“You like? I know what you’re thinking. I’m a daddy’s girl who has loads of money. I don’t like my lifestyle so please don’t judge me.”

“You don’t know what I was thinking. I was thinking… wow! This place is great. I’d love to be you.”

“Why?”

“’Cause I have four jobs and hardly any money.”

“Oh. Let’s go inside.” Buffy said as she stepped out of her dad’s car. Spike followed and took her hand. Buffy came to the door and turned the key. She could hear rustling inside and a panicked look took over her face.

“What’s wrong luv?” Spike asked, concerned.

“He’s in there. Angel’s in there. Act like you’re my boyfriend.”

“Shouldn’t be a problem.” Spike said as he grabbed her and started kissing her. These kisses were hard and passionate. Buffy liked it. She fumbled with the door key and finally got inside. They made like they were fumbling with each others clothes when Angel walked in.

“Well, well, well. Look who it is. Buffy Summers, sucking face with some punk. Well, once a slut, always a slut.” By now, Buffy and Spike had stopped kissing and were now staring at Angel.

“You fucking bastard!” Buffy said before walking up to him and slapping him.

“Nice shot Buff. Now can I try.”

“No. He’s not worth it. He’s just some poor little kid trapped in an adult’s body. Isn’t that right Liam.”

“You don’t have a clue about me. You just wanted to romance me and get into bed with me. Typical Beverly Hills girl. One word describes you. Slut.” Angel said, wanting to hurt her. He succeeded. Buffy started crying and ran up to her room.

“Who’s the little kid now?” Angel shouted up. Spike could hear Buffy’s sobbing standing at the bottom of the stairs.

“She was right about you. You are a bastard. She was better off dumping you. What kind of a future could you have had?” Spike said and followed Buffy up to her room.

Spike found Buffy lying face down on her bed, sobbing into the pillow.

“Sweetheart. Don’t listen to him. He’s a jerk. He doesn’t deserve you. Calm down Buffy darling.” Spike said, trying to comfort her. It was working and Buffy sat up and put her arms around him.

“Lock the door.” She said. Spike walked over to the door and turned the key. He knew exactly what was on her mind. He walked over to her and captured her mouth in a long hot passionate kiss. He began removing her clothing for real this time and he decided he was going to relax Buffy better than Angel ever could.

End of Chapter 2

………………………………………………………………………

Comments, reviews. Yes please!
Surprise by Rachel_13
Buffy awoke the next morning aware of two things. One was the nice warm English man with his arms tightly around her and second that Angel hadn’t tried to burst in during the night. Spike began to shift behind her. Buffy could tell he was waking up. She turned around to find him staring at her with adoration.

“Morning.” Spike said

“Morning.” Buffy replied. She leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. Spike tightened his hold on her and pulled her down to the bed.

“Nope. That’s enough. Time to get up.” Buffy told Spike as she got out of bed. She started looking in her closet for something to wear when she heard the sound of metal slicing on metal.

“Wakey, wakey lovebirds. I know you’re in there so don’t try to hide. Angel’s gonna come in now.” Angel shouted into the bedroom as he kept trying to pick the lock of Buffy’s bedroom door. “Come on Buffy. Why don’t you just open the door? It’ll save a whole load o’ money on fixing this lock.”

“I’ll never let you in you fucking bastard. You could never have me back. My heart belongs to Spike and you can’t stop that. I was a fool for loving you. I can’t even believe my dad still lets you in his home!” Buffy shouted. Then Angel finally picked the lock and came crashing in Buffy’s bedroom. Buffy thought the first person he’d go to would be Spike but he turned and went for her instead.

“What the hell do you want?” Buffy demanded.

“You to come back to me. Or haven’t you been listening.” With that he grabbed her and pushed her to the floor. He ripped off her nightdress and undid his belt. Spike jumped out of bed and tried to pry him off of Buffy. Angel just hit him over the head with the nearest thing he could get his hands on. Buffy’s dad’s baseball bat. Angel continued with what he was doing and thrust inside of her. Buffy screamed.


Spike awoke in Beverly Hills hospital two days later. His head was in bandages and hurt like hell. Buffy, where was Buffy? Spike hopped out of bed and walked to reception area. The girl behind the counter stared at him. No surprise seeing as all he was wearing was a short hospital gown.

“Buffy Summers. Has she been here?” Spike demanded.

“I’ll just check.” The receptionist told him and started clicking away on the computer. “Yes. Buffy Anne Summers. Room 32.”

“Thanks.” Spike ran off in the direction of Buffy’s room.

“29, 30, 31, 32, finally.” Spike burst in and found Buffy unconscious on the bed. He walked over and started stroking her on the head. “What the hell has he done to you my love. He’ll pay him and his money and possessiveness.” He carried on stroking Buffy’s hair for a little while and started falling asleep.


Just as Spike started dozing off, he felt Buffy’s head twitch beneath him.

“Spike?”

“I’m here baby. What did he do to you?”

“He tried to rape me. Well, he did. I hate that bastard. Wait till I get my hands on him, I’ll make him pay, I’ll make him pay with his life. What about you, are you okay?”

“Me? Yeah, it’s just a scratch, honestly. Bet I can go home soon.”

“Yeah, me too.” Spike laid down beside her and put his arm round her. They slowly drifted off into slumberland.


They woke up a few hours later to a doctor telling Buffy that he was ready to discharge her. She got dressed and followed Spike back to his room. He got dressed and they made their way out of the hospital.


Buffy turned her key and opened her door to her house. She was greeted by her dad and Kathryn.

“Where the hell were you Buffy?! Who the hell is this? Why didn’t you call? Angel is worried sick!”

“For your information dad, Spike and I was in hospital because of what precious Angel did to us.”

“And what exactly did he do to you two then and what kind of a name is Spike?” Hank said and Buffy began crying.

“Spike is a nickname and Angel tried to rape her and hit me over the head. Has it ever been clear to you that Buffy is unhappy around him?”

“And what do you know about my daughter?” Hank demanded.

“I know that she is unhappy around her stepbrother.”

“Right, that’s it. Get the hell out of my house!” Hank shouted. Buffy then calmed down.

“You kick him out, you’ll have to kick me out too.” She said harshly to her dad. Kathryn finally decided to speak.

“Hank, don’t kick him out. Buffy’s telling the truth. You see, I’ve heard Buffy complaining about Angel before and… well… I hid a few tape recorders around the house and well… listen.” Kathryn pulled out a small tape recorder and turned it on. On it you could hear everything that happened a few nights ago. Buffy smiled.

“All we have to do is take this to the police and…” Hank stopped her in her tracks as he snatched the tape off Kathryn and smashed it on the floor.

“That was NOT Angel. Angel wouldn’t do something like that.” Buffy, Spike and Kathryn stood there gobsmacked. Buffy ran upstairs and came back down a moment later with an overnight bag.

“I’m going to Spike’s. I can’t believe you don’t believe me dad, and you destroyed the only evidence. I can never forgive you.” Buffy and Spike walked back out the front door. Kathryn ran upstairs.

“Liam Jones! Get here this instant!”

End of Chapter 3
Truths by Rachel_13
Buffy and Spike drove to Spike’s house in silence. Spike was occasionally gazing over at Buffy’s tear-stained face. Buffy didn’t notice, just stared blankly out of the window. Why would he do such a thing? Angel, the man I used to love, a rapist. I hate him. Spike gazed over in Buffy’s direction again. Buffy saw him this time and forged a smile.

“Kathryn seems nice. Too bad for your dad, I thought he’d be on your side. Well we’ll nail him.” Spike said. Buffy smiled again and focused on the road. Spike did the same.



“Liam! Liam! Get here this instant. What the hell do you think you’re doing? I didn’t raise you like this. What exactly do you have against your stepsister?” Kathryn shouted as she walked up the stairs. Angel came out of Buffy’s room holding a picture of her.

“I don’t have anything against her mom. I don’t know what makes me do this. I need help. I think there’s something wrong with me.” Angel managed between sobs. Kathryn stood there gobsmacked. Was her son telling the truth or just covering for himself?

“It’s true Kath.” Hank said and appeared on the top of the stairs. “That’s why he has been spending a lot of time with me. He gets angry and does silly things and he can’t help that. A few minutes later he can be fine, just don’t piss him off okay?” Kathryn nodded.

“Why didn’t the hospital find out about the rape then?” Kath asked.

“I took her clothes. And Spikes. They’re in my room. I burned Hank’s baseball bat.” Kathryn looked at her son and raised her eyebrows. “I didn’t want to get caught. I wanna finish college first. Please don’t turn me in mom.”

“I’ll have to talk to Buffy about this.” Kathryn said and ran downstairs.

“Shit.”


Spike pulled up outside his small house and got out to open the door for Buffy. Buffy stepped out and fell into his arms and started sobbing. Spike didn’t say anything, just held her and let her cry. She finally calmed down and let Spike help her inside. They both stepped in Spike’s house. Buffy found herself inside a small room with a couch, T.V, fireplace and a small coffee table which had a beer and some cigarettes on it.

“Sorry the place is such a mess. Wasn’t expecting any company just of late.” Spike said. Buffy started sobbing again and Spike took her in his arms again. They walked over and sat down on the couch.

“I’m sorry Spike.”

“’Sokay. It’s not your fault sweetheart. It’s his and your dad’s. You can stay here as long as you like.” Buffy sat up and looked at him.

“Thank you.” She said before capturing his mouth in a long hot kiss. Their clothes soon came off and the rest of the world was forgotten.


They woke up the next morning at 10am.

“Morning.” Spike said.

“Morning… shit, what time is it?”

“Just gone 10. Why?”

“School. Oh well, they won’t miss me for a day. Wanna get up, I’m kinda squished on this couch.”

“Oh sorry.” Spike said and got up. He pulled Buffy up next and directed her towards the shower. He went back out to his car to get her bag. He picked it up and went back inside to hear the water running and a bad singing voice coming out of the bathroom.

“Buffy, ya couldn’t sing for toffee girl so don’t even try.”

“Hey, you’re supposed to be on my side!”

“Sorry.”


Buffy finally came out of the shower and came downstairs. She found Spike cooking a very bad-for-you breakfast. He looked a little like a real chef until she heard him wail when he burned himself whilst trying to turn the bacon over by hand.

“It’s called a spatula. Look into it.” Buffy said, mocking Spike. “I take it you haven’t cooked before then.”

“How’d you guess?”

“One: you tried to turn bacon over with your hands and two: there’s loads of boxes that have leftover Chinese food in them lying around.”

“Ah, ya got me.” Buffy walked over to the stove and took over for Spike.

After Buffy and Spike’s fatty breakfast, they decided to go out and get some healthy food for Buffy to eat. They got to the supermarket and picked up a basket. They stocked up on vegetables, much to Spike’s disgust and then a few candy bars, just to keep Spike from moaning.

“God, I can’t take you anywhere. You’re like a little kid.” Buffy said.

“What can I say, kids rule.”

“Funny.” Spike went off to the cash register whilst Buffy went and picked up some tampons. Spike didn’t want to be the only man down that aisle so he left Buffy on her own. She picked them up and went back to find Spike.

“Hey.” Buffy said and threw the tampons into the basket.

“I can’t see how girls cope sticking one of them up their…”

“Spike, public place. No talk like that thank you.”

“Sorry.”


Hank and Kathryn were talking in the kitchen about Buffy and Angel. They were saying that they didn’t even know where Spike lives let alone make peace with him and Buffy.

“How can she go and live with someone without telling us where he lives?” Hank said.

“She’s growing up. She has to hate her dad sometimes. It’s like a kids’ unwritten code of honour or something.”

“I just hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.”


Buffy was in the kitchen, kissing Spike. A LOT.

“Okay, that’s enough.” Buffy said and Spike let go of her. He walked into the living room.

“I’ll wait for you.” He said. Buffy nodded and rolled her eyes. She turned around to get something out of the fridge when the calendar caught her eye. When she had moved in, the first thing she did was mark her next due date in there but she seemed to be a few days past it!

“Shit!” Buffy screamed and ran out the door in the direction of the drug store. Spike came into the room and found the back door wide open.

“Ooookaaaay!”

End of Chapter 4
Child of an Angel by Rachel_13
Buffy returned home a while later with a small brown bag containing a home pregnancy kit. She dumped the bag on the kitchen counter and hurriedly took her coat off and hung it up in the hallway. She could hear snoring coming from upstairs so she knew Spike was sound asleep, thankfully. She picked up the brown bag and crept up the stairs, trying not to make the floorboards creak, as they had a habit of doing that.

Buffy peeked into her bedroom and found Spike naked in bed with the quilt thrown on the floor, she tried to stifle a giggle. She kept walking and stepped into the bathroom and slowly closed the door. She unwrapped the pregnancy kit and pulled out the little white stick.

“Okay, two blue lines means pregnant, nothing means not. Okay. Piece of cake.” Buffy muttered to herself and she sat on the toilet seat. She sat there for a moment just staring at the stick, almost afraid to use it.

She finally peed on that little white stick that she was dreading and began to wait. She started fidgeting while she stared at the white stick. The results finally came up.

“Oh shit. Pregnant!”

Buffy crept back down the hall, crying, to her and Spike’s room. She stripped of her clothes and put on her yummy sushi pyjamas. She quietly lifted the covers back on the bed and got under them. Spike automatically put his arm around her. Buffy smiled and fell asleep.


Buffy woke up the next morning finding that Spike was not in bed. She hurriedly got out of bed and padded downstairs. Spike wasn’t there but she saw a small piece of paper on the counter.

Buffy,
Gone to my job at the café, be back later.
Love Spike

“Good, gives me a chance to talk to Kathryn, seeing as her son may have got me pregnant!” Buffy said, calmly and called a cab to take her to her dad’s.

The cab came a few minutes later and Buffy swiftly got in.

“Hey, shouldn’t you be in school little girl?”

“Yeah but I’m not feeling too well. I’m going to see my dad. 1329 Melrose Place.”

“Okay.” The cab driver drove off and they spent the rest of the ride in silence.

Ten minutes later, they got to Buffy’s dad’s. Buffy paid the driver and walked up the large driveway. She stood at the door for about a minute before finally getting the courage to knock. Kathryn answered the door.

“Buffy! We were worried sick about you.” Kathryn exclaimed. Buffy started crying. Kathryn ushered her inside and told her to sit on the couch.

“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

“Everything. First I get raped by Angel on the day I had sex with Spike, then the tape and now… I’m pregnant!” Buffy said and started crying more.

“Oh my god Buffy but you’re only…”

“… sixteen? I know. I don’t even know whose baby it is. How am I gonna cope?”

“You need to talk to Spike… and Angel. I know you won’t want to but…”

“Where is he?” Buffy said angrily. Kathryn pointed upstairs. Buffy got up off her chair and ran up the stairs.

“ANGEL!” Buffy shouted. Angel ran, half naked out of his bedroom.

“What? What’s wrong?” He asked her as if they were best friends.

“You are what’s wrong. First you rape me, on the day that I have sex with Spike and now I’m fucking pregnant!” Buffy shouted. Angel’s jaw dropped. He walked over to Buffy and put his arms around her.

“I’m so sorry Buffy.”

“What did you say?”

“I said I’m sorry.” Buffy went to say something else but heard the door open and the sound of her dad’s voice. She turned around and went right back down the stairs. She was halfway down the stairs when she heard Kathryn talking to her dad about the pregnancy. Buffy quietly walked into the kitchen.

“Buffy…” her dad said.

“So you heard then?”

“Yeah but there’s something I need to tell you. About Angel. He has a mental problem. He can be fine one minute and really angry the next and doesn’t think about what he’s doing before he does it. He can’t help it. He regrets it soon after and forgets why he does it. Seeing you with Spike set him off and that’s why he did what he did. He took you to the hospital. He didn’t mean to get you pregnant.” Buffy’s dad explained.

“You’re pregnant?” Buffy turned around and found Spike standing there. “The door was open.”

“Yeah. I don’t know whether the baby’s yours or Angel’s. I don’t know what to do.” Spike walked over and hugged her.

“It’s okay. We’ll have some DNA tests done and…”

“There’s no need.” Angel said as he walked into the kitchen. “You don’t need to go through all that. The baby’s Spike’s.”

“How do you…”

“I’m infertile. I can’t have children.” Buffy and Kathryn gasped.

“Angel. Why didn’t you tell us?” Kathryn said.

“I didn’t want to upset Buffy.”

“I can’t get my head around all this I have to…” Buffy said and ran for the door. Spike followed and caught her.

“Buffy. I know this is a shock for you but it’s a shock for me too. How about we just go home and talk this out?”

“Spike, I’m sixteen, I can’t have a baby.”

“Yes you can. I’ll support you all the way.”

“We haven’t even been dating two weeks and something like this happens. God I’m such a slut.”

“No, no you’re not. You are a great person with a heart of gold. The person I always wanted to meet when I was younger. Come on, let’s go home.” Buffy nodded and let Spike put his arm around her.

Buffy was just about to get in the car when…

“Oh my god Buffy I have like tons of stuff to tell you… Have you been crying? You didn’t buy something on sale and can’t return it did you?” Cordelia babbled as she caught up with Buffy.

“No! I’m… I’m pregnant.” Buffy said. Cordelia just gaped at her.

“Shouldn’t you be in school?”

“Lunch. You’re pregnant? With him? Oh my god.”

“Listen Cord, I’ll talk to ya later ‘kay?”

“Yeah.” Cordy walked off.

“Now she’s a slut.” Spike said. Buffy laughed and they took off home.
Named and Ashamed by Rachel_13
Spike pulled over outside his house and looked over at Buffy. He smiled and got out of the car and started walking up the driveway. Buffy followed him and stopped at the door where he was.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy asked.

“Nothing. Just thinkin’ that we might need to get a bigger place seeing as we’ll have little Billy runnin’ ‘round all the time.” Spike replied as he gingerly placed his hand over Buffy’s abdomen.

“Funny. What makes you think the baby’ll be a girl then?” Buffy said playfully.

“Takes after his father.”

“Yeah right. Girl.” Buffy said as she walked in, starting an argument.

“Boy.”

“Girl.”


Buffy walked into the living room and plonked herself on the couch. Spike hung up his coat and sat next to her. Buffy looked at him and smiled lovingly. She looked into his eyes and saw something that she hadn’t seen before… something like… love. *Oh my god, he loves me * Buffy thought. She saw his gaze drop lower to her stomach and he put his hand over it again and rubbed it.

“You really want this baby don’t you?” Buffy said.

“More than anything else in the world.” Spike answered and brought his mouth forward to kiss her. Spike pulled away. “Do you want this baby?”

“I don’t know. Maybe, but I can’t have an abortion, I’d never forgive myself. And I can’t put it up for adoption, I’d miss it too much so that leaves only one option and… actually yes, I do want this baby.” Buffy said. Spike’s mouth formed into a cheeky grin. He got up, picked Buffy up and twirled her round in the air. “Put me down Spike!” Buffy said giggling uncontrollably. Spike put her down and captured her mouth with his own. Buffy melted into his embrace. Spike lifted her up and dragged her legs round his waist. Soon their clothes were off and they were making love on the couch.


A few hours later, Spike went out to the movie store to rent a movie whilst Buffy got out the popcorn and made the couch look at least a little bit presentable. Buffy plonked herself back on the couch and snuggled into Spike’s leather duster. Buffy exhaled and found that his duster smelled of cigarettes and whiskey. Not the most pleasant of combinations but it was Spike and that was how she loved him. * Oh my god, I just fell in love with Spike. * Buffy thought. Buffy heard the door open and ran into the kitchen.

“Miss me?” Spike asked.

“Of course.” Buffy said and walked over to kiss him. Buffy broke away first and turned away to get the popcorn. “So, what movie did you get?”

“Bring It On.”

“Slutty cheerleaders in short skirts? It’ll have to do I suppose.”

“Oh my god! You’re jealous that I fancy a woman off the telly aren’t you?” Spike said. Buffy blushed and walked into the living room. Spike came in and sat down beside her on the couch. “Don’t worry, I only have eyes for you, kitten.”

“Kitten? Hmmm… I like it. Call me that more often.”

“Whatever you want sweet thing.” Spike pressed play on the video and lost himself in the movie. Buffy looked at all the girls on there and turned her nose up. Then it occurred to her, she was that girl. Or used to be. Her, Cordy and the Cordettes. All cheerleaders looking for football players or college guys in their short skirts and low-cut tops. Buffy felt sick at the thought. * That’s it! Tomorrow I’m quitting the cheerleading squad, throwing out all my mini-skirts and telling my friends that I’m pregnant. *


A couple of hours later, Spike realised Buffy was asleep and carried her upstairs to their bedroom. He laid her on the bed and laid beside her with his arms around her, making sure to rub her belly. Sleep soon came.


In the morning, Spike awoke to find Buffy not there and most of her school books gone. He got up and walked downstairs. On the counter was a piece of paper ripped out of Buffy’s pink notebook with her scribble on it.

Spike,
Gone to school to face the music. Be back at around three-ish. I love you.
Missing you already
Love Buffy
xxx

Spike was fixated on those three words in the middle of the letter. “I love you.” He smiled and tucked the note into his back pocket.


Buffy walked up the steps of Beverly Hills High and walked through the double doors that greeted her. As soon as she started walking down the hall, people started whispering, no doubt about her. Buffy just smiled at them and they turned their noses up at her. Buffy got to her locker and found Cordelia and the Cordettes standing beside it.

“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted.

“Hello Buffy.” Cordy snapped.

“What’s wrong with you?” Buffy asked.

“The question is what’s wrong with you? Buffy, you’re knocked up at sixteen, how can you expect us to hang with you now? You’ll ruin our reputation.” Cordy said as she walked off. She got about halfway up the hall when she turned round. ”Oh by the way Buffy, I told the entire sophomore class that you’re pregnant so don’t expect to have any friends any time soon.” Cordy walked off. Buffy started to sob.

“Why did this have to happen to me?” She asked herself. She carried on crying there for a minute then decided to get her books out of her locker.

“Excuse me Buffy,” a guy’s voice said. Buffy turned around. “Are you okay?” He asked. Standing there was a guy and a girl. The girl was wearing a grey skirt with grey tights underneath and a red sweater with a big W on it. The girl also had red hair. The guy was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.

“Yeah, I’m fine. You’re Xander right?” Buffy said.

“Yeah, this is Willow.”

“Hi. You’re in my history class aren’t you?” Buffy asked. Willow turned her head a little, looking for someone behind her.

“You talking to me?” Willow asked.

“Of course, who else would I be talking to?”

“I don’t know. Are you sure you’re alright. I mean Cordelia told us…”

“… that I’m pregnant. Yeah, I know.”

“I’m really sorry Buffy.” Xander said.

“Don’t be, I’m not. Me and my boyfriend are happy with this, I mean, it wasn’t planned but we’re happy with it.” Buffy explained.

“Cool. We won’t look down on you like Cordy, I thought that was real unfair what she did to ya Buff.” Xander said.

“Thanks. Oh I got history next Willow, wanna walk with me?” Buffy said.

“Sure.” Willow said.

“I got a English class to get to. I’ll see you two at lunch?”

“Yeah.” Buffy and Willow said in unison. They walked to history and spent the lesson passing notes to each other. Not really Willow’s style but she liked having a friend.


They met up with Xander at lunch and talked more and got to know each other. They joked about Cordy and the Cordettes. Buffy then went to see the head cheerleader about dropping out of the squad. It took some explaining but she got out of there before the bell. She went to afternoon classes, all of which Xander was in and was relieved to hear the last bell go.

“Ahh last bell, speaks “freedom” which I love.” Xander said.

“Exactly.” Buffy said. “Do you guys wanna come round my house this Saturday and ya know, watch a movie or somethin’?” Buffy asked.

“Sure, we’d love to.”

“Great, see you tomorrow.”

“Bye.” Buffy walked out of school and found that Spike’s DeSoto was parked outside. Buffy walked up to it and found Spike inside. Buffy’s face lit up but soon fell again when Cordelia and her latest boyfriend came by.

“Aww look. Poor Buffy, all pregnant and vulnerable.” Cordy said.

“Yeah, and her boyfriend looks like he’s stuck in the sixties and can’t find his way out.” Scott Hope, Cordy’s boyfriend, said. Spike got out of the car and stood right in Scott’s face.

“Your nose would look great with a different zip code mate. Leave me and my girl alone and I’ll let it stay the way it is.” Spike threatened and got back in the car. Buffy climbed in too and Spike drove off.

“This isn’t over yet blondie!” Scott called after the car. Cordy smiled and walked off with Scott’s arm around her.


Buffy sat at the kitchen counter next to Spike.

“Cordy told the whole school huh?” Spike asked.

“Yeah but it’s all good. I’ve just now only realised how much I really want this baby.” Buffy said and smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too Kitten.”

“I gotta go do homework now. See ya.” Buffy said and walked upstairs to do her math. Spike was glad she was happier about the baby situation and decided that more people needed to know. He needed to get Buffy’s mom down to Beverly Hills so Buffy can tell her. Spike walked into the living room and rummaged through the bag that Buffy didn’t unpack. He found a phone book in it and looked through the pages. He finally found Buffy’s mom’s number and punched it in to the phone.

“Hello? Is this Mrs. Summers? Hello, I’m Buffy’s boyfriend and I just wanted to know if you’d like to come down and see Buffy for a while. See, she’s going through something now where she needs a mother figure and I thought that you could come and help… yes? Oh good. We also need to tell you something whilst you are here… no I can’t tell you now… Sunday? Yeah that’ll be great. Look forward to seeing you… bye.” Spike hung up and walked upstairs to find Buffy. He helped Buffy a little with he homework then they fell asleep. He thought he’d better not ruin things by saying her mother and her new husband were coming to stay. He’d tell her tomorrow. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy and hugged her stomach. Sunday was gonna be a long day.
Moms and Babies by Rachel_13
“Now begins the biggest movie fest that this house has ever seen.” Xander declared.

“That was really lame.” Willow said with her eyebrows raised. Buffy, Willow and Xander were sitting in the living room of Buffy’s house, surrounded by candy, popcorn and a stack of videos. Buffy had polished off half the bowl of popcorn and Xander hadn’t even put in the first video. Willow looked over at Buffy just as she shoved another handful of popcorn in her mouth.

“Wow, getting cravings already Buffy?” Willow said.

“Looks that way. Good thing it’s not like my mom’s. She used to eat pasta drenched in chocolate and later on she used to eat cotton in spaghetti sauce.”

“Ewww!” Willow exclaimed. They both started laughing. Xander put in the first movie and came back and sat down on the other side of Buffy.

“What are we watching?” Buffy asked.

“Apocalypse Now.” Xander said.

“Very scary.”

“That’s why we’re watching it. Gotta have a good scare now and again.”


An hour or so later, Buffy and Willow had fallen asleep and Xander was holding a pillow in front of his face, trying not to watch the movie and to stop him from getting scared. He gave up and ran to turn off the T.V. He sat on the other end of the couch and fell asleep.


Spike came downstairs the next morning to find out why Buffy didn’t come to bed the previous night. He walked into the living room to find Buffy, Willow and Xander fast asleep on the couch. He walked over to Buffy and placed a kiss on her head. She stirred and slowly opened her eyes.

“Hey.” Spike said.

“Hey back… oh god!” Buffy exclaimed before swiftly getting up and running towards the bathroom. Spike ran and followed her upstairs. By the time he got there, Buffy was sitting on the floor, trying to calm down.

“Morning sickness huh?” Spike asked.

“Yeah.” Buffy answered and gestured for Spike to come over and hug her. Spike sat down beside her and put his arms around her.

“We’d better go back downstairs, Willow and Xander are still here.” Buffy said. Spike nodded and followed Buffy down the stairs. When they got into the living room, they found Willow and Xander watching cartoons.

“Hey guys. This is Spike. Spike, this is Willow and Xander.”

“Hey. Spike?” Xander said.

“Yeah, it’s a nickname. I spiked the punch at my high school prom. That’s how I got it. Real name’s William Carter.” Willow and Xander nodded and went back to their cartoons. Buffy walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. Spike followed and went into the fridge to look for something to eat.

“What day is it?” He asked.

“Sunday.”

“Sunday! Oh shit!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Er… Buffy… there’s something I have to tell you…” Spike was interrupted by a knock at the door. Buffy ran to answer it. She opened the door and standing on the other side was a woman in her late thirties with blonde hair wearing sensible clothes that you’d normally wear to work.

“Mom!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Hello Buffy.” Her mom said. Buffy threw her arms around her mother and hugged her tightly. Then she ushered her inside. Spike had made her a cup of tea and gave it to her where she sat beside Buffy in the kitchen.

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

“Well Spike here said that you might need a woman for a little while to help you through something. He said you two would tell me about it once I got here.”

“Well Mom, you see… I’m pregnant.”

“That’s great Buffy!”

“I know you’re mad but… huh? What did you just say?!”

“I said that’s great Buffy. I’m happy for you, really I am.” Buffy was speechless at her mom’s reaction.

“Thank you Mrs. Summers. We are grateful that you are so happy for us. I was afraid that you wouldn’t approve.”

“That’s perfectly alright and I’m not Mrs. Summers, I’m now Mrs. Lawson but you can call me Joyce. Buffy, how’s your dad with all of this?”

“Oh he’s fine but I decided not to live with him any more because Angel is moving back in.” Buffy said. “Where’s this husband of yours then Mom?”

“He’ll be round later. He just had to take care of some business.”

“Okay.”


A few hours later, Joyce had checked into a hotel and Buffy and Spike were cuddling on the couch whilst watching Bring It On. Willow and Xander had gone home when they heard Buffy and Joyce talking about the baby.

“What shall we call the baby, I mean, he has to have a name right?” Spike said.

“He? How do you know it’ll be a boy?”

“I dunno, takes after his daddy?”

“Face it, there’s a fifty percent chance it’ll be a girl. And we’ll call her Dawn. You can pick the name if it’s a boy.”

“William jr. But we’ll call him Billy.” Buffy smiled and snuggled back down into his embrace.


That night, Buffy and Spike slept, both dreaming about the baby. What would be in store for them in nine months time?
Scared by Rachel_13
Buffy walked down one of the school’s corridors, chatting to Willow and Xander. Just over a week had gone by since Buffy told her mom about the baby. Buffy thought she took it pretty well. She should, she was twenty-one when Buffy was born.

Buffy said goodbye to Xander as he headed towards math. Buffy and Willow walked into English and sat down next to each other in the back. Buffy had asked to move seats from next to Cordy to next to Willow when she got pregnant. Cordy was giving her grief and her English teacher knew that. The English teacher started babbling on about something or other whilst Willow and Buffy started passing each other notes. Mostly about insulting Cordelia. Cordy kept shooting them glances from her place two rows in front. Buffy saw Cordy scribbling something on a piece of paper then passing it behind her. Buffy was passed the note and opened it. Cordy wrote:

Don’t think I don’t know what you are writing. I’m not stupid. You will pay for this and with your flesh and blood’s life. I am not bluffing.
Cordelia.

Buffy went white. Would she really do such a terrible thing? Cordy smirked and carried on writing. Buffy showed Willow the note and Willow bit her lip. Buffy paid attention to her work for the rest of the lesson.

………………………………………………………………………

Buffy, Willow and Xander walked to Buffy’s house after school to do their homework together. Buffy sent Willow and Xander upstairs whilst she went to talk to Spike. Spike was in the kitchen stuffing his face with French fries. He realised Buffy was in the room and swallowed.

“Hey gorgeous!” He said and grabbed Buffy and kissed her.

“Hey.” Buffy replied. Spike’s face dropped from a happy look and turned into a look of concern.

“What’s wrong kitten? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Buffy started to sob. She handed Spike the note for him to read.

“She won’t do that Buffy. She’ll have to go through me first. Also it is clear she is bluffing. She won’t be able to live with herself if she did that.”

“Clearly you don’t know Cordelia. She’ll do anything to get what she wants. She doesn’t care who she hurts in the process.” Buffy started to weep again and Spike put his arms around her.

“I’d better go upstairs. Willow and Xander are waiting for me. Come help us.” Buffy walked upstairs and Spike followed her.

“Hey guys.” Buffy said as she walked into her bedroom.

“Hey. We’re stuck. Help.” Xander said.

“No you’re stuck and won’t believe me. Buffy is George Washington dead?”

“Yes.”

“Then who’s president?” Xander asked.

“George Bush you dumbass.” Willow replied and rolled her eyes. Buffy laughed and Spike put his arm around her. He squeezed gently and then sat down in a spare chair. Buffy sat on his lap and pulled out her history book. She flipped through the pages and lifted her eyebrows.

“Right that’s enough studying let’s go watch T.V.”

“I’m with you.” Xander said and rushed downstairs.

“Fine.” Willow said and ran after him. Buffy and Spike were left alone for a second.

“I’m scared.” Buffy said. “I don’t want to lose my baby. I love it.”

“I said don’t worry. Billy will be fine now get off so I can go watch T.V with your study buddies.” Buffy laughed and got up. She took his hand and led him downstairs. They both sat down and Buffy sat back on Spike’s lap and snuggled to him. They ended up watching re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210.

………………………………………………………………………

Willow and Xander went home and left Buffy and Spike alone.

“Right. We are gonna sort this out now. Give me Cordy’s number and I’ll call her.” Spike said.

“But…”

“No buts. Gimme her number.” Buffy wrote it down and Spike dialled. Cordy picked up the phone after two rings.

“Hello. This is Buffy’s boyfriend. If you hurt Buffy or the baby I will personally see to it that you will not live to see seventeen. And this is the part where I’m not bluffing. It’s not just a thing that you will be killing it is also a human being and you will also be destroying a lot of lives along with it. Got it? Good. Bye.” Spike hung up and gestured for Buffy to come into his embrace. They hugged for a while before Buffy broke the silence.

“You are the greatest boyfriend ever. I love you.”

“Say that again.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too my little kitten.” Spike kissed Buffy before they went upstairs to bed.

………………………………………………………………………

Buffy woke up the next morning feeling like shit so Spike called the school and told them that she wouldn’t be coming in today. Spike brought Buffy some ginger ale and crackers to settle her stomach. Buffy felt a bit better after that and decided to come downstairs.

“Something just occurred to me. Why haven’t we told your parents about the baby?” Buffy asked, lying on the couch with Spike cooling her down with water.

“Well, I don’t have any parents. They died when I was born, in a car crash. I was born at home and on the way to the hospital, the car hit a truck. I was the only survivor. I was in foster care for my whole life.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up I just… I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay. I have a brother somewhere though. He was put up for adoption. His name was Liam I think. My parents didn’t have a chance to name me so the foster home named me after my dad. My brother was also. Liam and William. I found it quite funny.” He giggled and so did Buffy. Buffy touched his cheek and stroked it with her finger. Spike kissed her on the head and carried on bathing her with water. Buffy fell asleep so Spike went into the kitchen to make himself lunch. The doorbell rang and Spike went to answer it.

“Joyce. Hello.”

“Hello Spike. Is Buffy home? School said she was off sick today.”

“She’s in the living room asleep. Would you like to come in?” Joyce stepped in and Spike closed the door.

“She’s so cute when she sleeps isn’t she?”

“Yeah. She talks in her sleep as well. She seems to have a lot of nightmares. Mostly about someone taking her baby away.”

“Yeah, she would. She was taken off me for a while because I didn’t have her father there to help and had no job so yeah. She was only gone for a month though, until I found a job.”

“Well I’m here and I have four jobs so she has nothing to worry about.”

“Yeah.” Buffy chose that time to walk into the kitchen.

“Hey Mom. What brings you here?”

“Just checking on you and to let you know that I made an appointment for you at the hospital for a scan next week so I was thinking the three of us could go and hear some good news.”

“Yeah. That’d be great. What would I do without you?” Buffy said and hugged her mom.

“Good. I’ll leave you to rest now. Bye Buffy. Bye Spike.” Joyce said and let herself out.

“First scan. Help.”

“You’ll be fine Buffy. So will the baby. You’ll see.” Spike hugged her again. Buffy smiled. If Spike wasn’t scared why should she be?

“I love you.”

“I love you more.”

“That’s not possible. You’re the most caring guy that walked on God’s green earth. I love you.” Spike was speechless. At that moment, he loved her more than ever.
Feelings by Rachel_13
Buffy and Spike walked down the hospital corridor, well, Spike walked and Buffy was dragged along by him. She was screaming for him to stop dragging her. Spike stopped and Buffy promised to walk along without running off.

They kept walking then sat down in the waiting room outside the doctor’s office.

“Don’t wanna go in there.” Buffy said with a pout.

“You’re acting like a child who doesn’t want to go to school now you are gonna have this ultrasound if I have to kill everyone in this room to do it.”

“Fine.” Buffy said and folded her arms.

“Buffy Summers.” The nurse called out ten minutes later.

“She’s not here.” Buffy shouted back before trying to run away. Spike grabbed her and dragged her into the doctor’s office. Buffy and Spike sat down and the doctor asked them a few questions.

“Buffy could you now get up on to the table.”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Not on my watch.” Spike said. Buffy jumped up on the table and lied down.

“This gel will be a little cold so get ready for it.” He squeezed a bit of gel onto Buffy’s stomach and started the ultrasound.

“There’s the heartbeat.” The doctor said. Buffy smiled and got a little tear in her eye. Spike was the same. He looked at the screen and saw a small image of a baby on there.

“Can you tell the sex yet?” Spike asked.

“Not at this point no but the baby is developing quite well. How far along are you Buffy?”

“About six weeks.”

“The baby is quite mature for this stage in the pregnancy. This is quite strange.” Buffy’s face dropped.

“Does that mean there’s something wrong?”

“Oh no no no. It just seems that it’s a bit far along that’s all.” Buffy gave a sigh of relief. The doctor finished up and gave Buffy and Spike the scan photos. They got into the car and Buffy started to stare at them. She couldn’t take her eyes off of them.

“That’s our baby. Ours.”

“Yeah, it’s a miracle isn’t it.” Spike answered. Buffy nodded and was silent the rest of the way.

………………………………………………………………………………………

“So the check-up went okay then? Sorry I couldn’t be there honey.”

“The check-up went great. The baby’s a bit mature for this stage in the pregnancy the doctor said but it’s cool. Everything’s great.” Buffy, Spike and Joyce were sitting at the island in the kitchen chatting about the baby and the ultrasound. Spike was listening attentively to the girls’ conversation and not interrupting. Joyce started talking about expenses and even though Spike had more jobs than a normal man, the income still wasn’t enough.

“I could get a job when the baby’s born. Maybe but who would look after him?” Buffy said.

“Your dad.” Spike replied.

“We can’t keep dumping the baby on him. It wouldn’t be fair.” Buffy said.

“It’s the least he could do with all the pain he put you through.”

“He was only trying to protect Angel who we now know has a mental problem.”

“Yeah, protect the guy who raped you and then put you through all the hassle of finding out who the baby’s father was!”

“It looks like the baby is causing all this arguing so maybe there shouldn’t be a baby!” By then, Joyce had quietly left and left them to argue.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“You know exactly what it means William!” Spike’s face fell and he got a look of hurt in his eye. Buffy was lost for words so she ran upstairs to her and Spike’s room and flopped onto the bed. She hid her face in the pillow and started to sob. She heard footsteps ascending the stairs so she kept her face in the pillow. Spike appeared at the doorway and leant against the doorframe.

“You don’t mean that do you Buffy? I know you don’t. I saw that look in your eyes today at the hospital, you don’t want to get rid of the baby, if anything, you wanna keep it.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Last week I recall you were sobbing your heart out to me because Cordelia Chase wanted to hurt you and the baby. I also recall you saying that you loved this baby with all your heart and you couldn’t wait till it was born. Feelings like that don’t change.” Buffy lifted her head off the pillow and stood up she walked over to Spike and put her arms around him. She buried her head in his chest and sobbed.

“I’m so sorry Spike. I’m so sorry.”

“Sssshhh, it’s okay. Everything’s gonna be okay. We’ll just forget this whole thing ever happened.

……………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy woke up the next morning and looked at the clock.

“Shit. Late for school. Oh well, I just won’t go in today.” She got up and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

“Hi gorgeous!” Spike said as soon as she walked into the kitchen. Buffy smiled and sat down at the island.

“Want something to eat.”

“Eugh don’t make me think of food, I feel sick enough as it is. Oh no.” Buffy ran upstairs to the bathroom.

“Glad I’m not the one carrying that baby.” Spike poured some ginger ale, grabbed a few crackers and walked up to the bathroom. He walked in and Buffy was leaning up against the bathtub with her head in her hands. Spike sat down beside her and hugged her. She lifted her head and took the ginger ale. She drank it down and put a cracker in her mouth.

“Ya know, I was just getting used to all the other weird stuff in this pregnancy and now this comes.”

“Life’s a bitch.”

“Yeah.” Buffy got up and pulled Spike up along with her.

“Woah.” Buffy put a hand onto hr stomach.

“What? What’s wrong?” Spike had a look of concern on his face.

“I think it just moved.”

“Did it?” Spike came behind her and snaked his arm round her waist until his hand rested on her stomach. He felt a little jerk on her skin.

“Was that a kick?”

“Looks like. This baby’s alive and kicking.”

“Looks like.” Spike planted a kiss on Buffy’s lips and directed her to the bedroom. They lied down and Spike hugged Buffy’s stomach. Buffy placed her hand over his and smiled. She snuggled down in his embrace and waited for the baby to kick again.

………………………………………………………………………………………

The doorbell woke them at about one in the afternoon. Buffy jerked awake and raced Spike to the door. She got there first and opened it. Angel was standing at the other side of the door.

“Buffy I have some news for you.”

“What is it you wanker? Tell her and get back on your merry way.”

“It’s your dad. He’s been in an accident. He’s dying.” Buffy’s face fell and she started to cry.

“What? What kind of accident?”

“He crashed his car into a lorry on his way to work this morning. He smashed his head against the windscreen. He’s in a coma and the nurse says there’s only a twenty percent chance that he’ll ever wake up. Spike hugged Buffy before Buffy ran upstairs to throw some clothes on. Angel took Buffy and Spike to the hospital. Where they were directed to Hank’s room. He was lying there, motionless with a ventilator breathing for him. Kathryn was there sobbing.

“He’s dying Buffy.” She sobbed. Buffy just stood there, looking at him. It was weird. She didn’t feel sad now. She didn’t feel anything and by the looks of things, neither did Angel. Spike saw the expression on Buffy’s face and that said everything.

“You don’t feel anything do you?” He whispered in her ear.

“It’s weird. Dad had been there for me all my life but he has never told me he loves me. He has an empty look in his eyes when he looks at me. Not with Angel though. He gets a sparkle in his eyes when he looks at him. No. I feel nothing. Dad is dying and I feel nothing. Nothing.”
No Pain, No Gain by Rachel_13
Buffy threw all the clothes that were black onto her bed and sat down next to them. None of them would fit now but she had to give them a try. Her dad’s funeral, she still felt nothing. She still saw him as a traitor, even though he was dead. She pulled a black shirt over her head and looked at herself in the mirror. Wearing that with her long black skirt, you could see the very small bulge of her belly.

Spike walked in wearing a black suit and a black tie on.

“Buffy?” He said as he walked in.

“Hey. We might need to go shopping soon to get me some bigger clothes, these don’t fit.”

“Buffy, ya look fine. It’s a funeral. No one will pay attention to what you’re wearing. They’re there to pay their respects and say goodbye. Not to stare at the daughter.”

“Kathryn’ll be devastated. It was only three weeks ago he had the accident… and Angel. And my mom. Are we taking her?”

“No. She said her husband was driving her there. Just you and me.” Buffy hugged Spike. Spike tightly wrapped his arms around her, just as the baby kicked.

“Did you feel that?” Buffy asked. Spike nodded and placed his open palm on her belly. The baby kicked again and Spike smiled.

“Your dad will miss this little slugger growing up.” Buffy nodded.

“Why don’t I feel anything, about my dad I mean? Angel does, why don’t I?”

“I don’t know sweetheart. I don’t know.”

………………………………………………………………………………………

The funeral was a small one. Hank wasn’t big on hymns and religious stuff. A few of his favourite songs played and a few people were asked to say a few words. Buffy was called up and she agreed to say a few words about her dad.

“Well, what can I say? The guy raised me. He was always there when I was younger but as I grew older, he drifted away and now he’s gone. He spent more time with my stepbrother than with me so I rarely even spoke to him most days. I moved out a few months ago. I’d had enough. I stopped loving him. My dad always said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all so I won’t but I will say this: I loved him once, he was great then but now, I feel nothing. Nothing. So I don’t really have anything nice to say about him but he gave me a home for sixteen years, but that drove us apart. Kathryn knows him better that I do. Thank you.” Buffy listened to the gasps and then sat back down next to Spike.

The funeral was over before Buffy knew it. She didn’t bother going to the wake, just asked Spike to drive her home. Buffy said goodbye to her mother and took off.

………………………………………………………………………………………

The second Buffy walked through the door Spike grabbed her and sat her on the couch.

“Right, we are gonna have a talk you and me. What the hell was that all about? You have feelings but you don’t need to shock other people with them.”

“I’m sorry but I just had to.” Buffy began crying and Spike took her in his arms. He sat her on his lap and let her cry herself to sleep.

As soon as he knew Buffy was asleep, Spike got up and walked into the kitchen. He picked up the address book and looked for Willow’s phone number.

“Right, got it.” Spike said and dialled the number. “Hello. Willow? Hey, can you come over here? Buffy’s in a lot of pain right now. No there’s nothing wrong with the baby, he other kind of pain. Okay great. See ya in ten minutes. Thanks bye.” He put the phone down and went to watch Buffy sleep.

The doorbell rang fifteen minutes later.

“Hey Spike sorry I’m late I had to have a word with my mom before I came over. She worries.”

“That’s okay. Thanks Red for doing this.”

“No problem.” Willow went into the front room to get Buffy up. Buffy woke up and jumped at seeing Willow leaning over her.

“Don’t do that Willow. What are you doing here anyway?”

“Oh that’s a nice way to greet your best friend. Spike called and said you were in pain.” Willow explained.

“Actually, she’s not. That’s the problem. Her dad’s dead and she feels nothing. So she says anyway.” Spike said.

“It’s not uncommon. I felt nothing when my uncle died and he was my favourite uncle. I still don’t feel anything. That’s just how some people grieve.” Spike nodded and gave a sigh of relief.

“Can you sleep easily now Spike? I’m fine. Like I keep telling you. Don’t be such a worry wort.”

“He worries. That’s a sign that he really, really loves you. Well, I’d better get going. I gotta do Xander’s math homework crappily before tomorrow. Bye Buffy. Bye Spike.”

“See ya.” Buffy said. “I love you.” Buffy said after Willow shut the door.

“I love you too kitten. Remember, you have another scan tomorrow and it’ll be just you and me going. They should be able to tell the sex this time.”

“Yeah. These eight weeks have gone by fast. The baby will be here before we know it.” Buffy said.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Spike parked up outside Beverly Hills Hospital and got out of the car. He took Buffy’s hand and led her inside.

Like last time, they waited in the waiting room before they got called up. Buffy wasn’t afraid this time but almost excited. She kept looking over at the door of the doctor’s room and fidgeting with her bracelet.

“Buffy Summers.” The doctor called. Buffy practically flew into the doctor’s office.

“Right Buffy, let’s see what’s going on with you then. The doctor put the cold gel on again and did the ultrasound.

“Can you tell the sex?” Spike asked.

“Yes I can. Do you wanna know now or do you want it to be a surprise?”

“We wanna know now.”

“Well it’s a… girl!” the doctor exclaimed. Buffy’s face lit up and she took Spike’s hand.

“Not such a Billy now huh?” She said to him.

“No you’re right. You pick a name.”

“I will have a long think about it.” Buffy said and lost herself in thought. She didn’t speak for the rest of the day.
Preparation by Rachel_13
“Katelyn!”

“What?” Spike said as Buffy walked in the room.

“Katelyn, that’s what we’ll call her. Katelyn Willow Huffman. Katy for short.”

“You took your time in deciding, about three months to be exact.”

“Yeah well you can’t rush these things and I take time to think, you should know.” Spike smiled and got up to kiss her. Buffy pulled away first and clutched her stomach in pain. Spike’s cocky grin turned into a look of concern.

“Buffy, what’s wrong.”

“Nothing, it just kicked is all. No biggie.”

“Maybe you should think about taking time off school.”

“Huh? Spike there’s like a week before the summer there’s no point in taking time off now.”

“’Kay but you have to take care of yourself Buffy.” Buffy nodded and sat down on the couch. Spike came and sat beside her and they spent a few hours watching T.V together, occasionally taking their eyes off the screen to kiss.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy walked down the school corridor with Willow and Xander for the last day of term.

“Two more hours until the summer vacation I can’t wait. Three whole months of nothing but girls!” Xander exclaimed.

“Ugh, think yourself lucky, I’ll be spending a lot of it looking after a screaming baby or three days of pain in labour.”

“Don’t worry Buff, we’ll be there right beside you every step of the way.” Xander told Buffy.

“I think Spike beat ya to that. I think I’m gonna go to the nurse, I feel a little sick.”

“Damn you Buffy, why can’t I be pregnant?” Xander said.

“I’ll just pretend you didn’t say that.” Xander made a face and walked Buffy to the nurse’s office. Buffy got to go home about an hour later. She spent the rest of the day watching T.V and eating weird stuff.

……………………………………………………………………………………

“I’m not your bloody slave ya know Buffy, do stuff for yourself!” Spike shouted when he and Buffy were sitting on the couch watching T.V. They were fighting over the remote and it had flung across the room.

“But I’m pregnant!”

“Well I guess it’ll have to stay there for another three months then.”

“No fair!” Buffy got up and walked over to pick up the remote. “Nuh uh. Can’t bend down, I guess you’ll have to get it.”

“Oh very funny!”

“No seriously, I can’t bend down, I’m too fat!”

“You could never be fat Buffy.” Spike said as he got up to pick up the remote. Buffy hugged him and went to sit back down.

“I wish this baby would hurry up and come out, it’s getting really annoying now.”

“No you don’t want that. You’d be spending weeks with it in the hospital while it’s on a ventilator.”

“Yep guess you’re right.”

……………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy was sitting down in front of the T.V watching Jerry Springer. This episode was about a teenage girl’s mother threatening to throw her out if she didn’t have an abortion. Buffy kept turning her nose up at the mother’s opinion. There was a knock at the door. Buffy looked out the window to see who it was. She started laughing. Xander was standing there in shorts and t-shirt with a girl either side of him. The girls were Willow and a girl called Anya, both very unpopular in school.

“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted.

“See Buff, what did I say about me scorin’ with the girls this summer.”

“He paid us twenty bucks to do this.” Anya said. Buffy tried not to laugh.

“Okay, so maybe I can’t score much with the girls but at least I know I can pay them.” Buffy shook her head and ushered them inside.

“Xander, you must be really desperate!” Buffy said and chuckled.

“Looks like you’re not.” Anya said. Xander looked at her as if to say shut up but she just smiled. “What? Can’t I say what I think once in a while?”

“It’s okay Xander.”

“Good. So how much longer till the bun comes out of the oven?”

“Ooh, you’re making buns? Can I have some?!” Anya said excited.

“Two months but it could be any day now. I’ve packed my bag ready for the hospital just in case.”

“Good.”

“Yup.” Buffy led them into the living room where they sat and watched about three movies before Xander went home. Spike came in a few minutes later and started kissing and cuddling her. In a very happy mood!

……………………………………………………………………………………

“Aaah, Spike!”

“What? What is it?”

“My waters just broke!” Spike was out of bed in a flash and on the phone to the hospital. On the way to the phone Spike kept chanting “Baby’s coming, baby’s coming.”

“Spike!!!”
Birth and Epilogue by Rachel_13
Author's Notes:
Thank you to Erin, Blondibear, BuffyandSpikeForever, songgal1, BINT, Cordykitten, rockerbaby, Caitie, spikesbabyblues, SpikesKitten2009, wiccangirl314, sarah g, loxie, Kathryn, lindsay, Mia, Chelsea and Shel for all your reviews, I couldn't have written this fic without you! You rock!
Chapter:12

Characters: Buffy, Spike, Kathryn, Xander, Willow and baby Katelyn!

Completed: 5/11/05

Author: Rachel_13


“Spike!!!” Buffy shouted. Buffy was lying on the couch in a nightgown three hours into labour and the doctor still hadn’t showed up.

“There’s a traffic jam somewhere, the doctor won’t be able to make it here. Looks like we have to do this on our own.” Spike said and went and crouched by the couch and held Buffy’s hand.

“Well this baby better hurry up and fucking be born soon or I’m gonna blow a gasket!!!!!!!” Buffy squeezed Spike’s hand so hard it went red.

“Another contraction?” Spike asked.

“What the fuck do you think?!” Buffy replied. Spike was getting tired of this, he just wished his baby would come soon so Buffy could give him his hand back. Another hour passed of the same thing, Spike’s hand was near bleeding and he still had the strength to comfort Buffy in her contractions. Buffy finally let go of his hand and Spike went to check how dilated she was.

“Okay Buffy you can push now.” Spike said as calmly as he could.

“Fucking FINALLY!” Buffy said and gave a big push. Spike could see the head of the baby.

“Okay Buffster, I can see the baby’s head, give me another push!” Spike said. Buffy pushed again and the baby’s head was out.

“On the next contraction, we’re gonna deliver the baby okay Buffy?” Buffy cried and nodded.

“Okay, one, two, three PUSH!” Spike said. Buffy pushed and the baby started crying. A baby girl. Spike got a pair of scissors and clamped and cut the cord and handed the baby to Buffy. Spike delivered the placenta and they just sat there holding the baby for a while.

“We gotta get to the hospital.” Spike said.

“Yeah.” Buffy replied. They both got up and went to the door, Spike’s arm round Buffy and Buffy holding the baby.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy was lying in a hospital bed with baby Katelyn in a cot next to her. Spike sitting in the chair just looking at her sleep. Buffy looked more beautiful than ever, according to Spike. Buffy stirred and woke up.

“Hey you.” She said.

“Hey Buffy. She’s beautiful, your father would’ve been proud.” Said Spike. Buffy sat up and kissed him.

“I love you.” Buffy said.

“I love you more.” Spike said.

“No you don’t.” Buffy said and kissed him again. Katelyn started to cry so Spike went over there and picked her up. He picked up the bottle next to the cot and started to feed her. Buffy sat there and stared at him.

………………………………………………………………………………………

“Hey Buffster!” Xander said as he walked into her room at the hospital.

“Hey!” Buffy said.

“Well, where is she?” Xander said.

“Over there. Katelyn Willow Huffman.”

“Could’ve added a Xander in there too.”

“Funny.” Xander went over to the cot and picked up Katelyn. She yawned and cuddled into his arms. Xander smiled and started rocking her and singing ‘Rock a bye baby.’ Buffy smiled and lied back down. She fell asleep and when she woke up, he was gone.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Willow and Kathryn walked into the room.

“Hey Buffy, how’s it hangin’.” Willow said.

“Fine. Spike’s at home painting a nursery now.” Buffy replied.

“Yeah we know, we helped. We would’ve came here with Xander but we were busy and he just wasn’t.” Buffy laughed and hugged Willow.

“I should be home soon. They let me out tomorrow.”

“That’s good.” Katelyn said. She walked over to the cot and peered in.

“She looks like you.” She said and Willow walked over.

“She does doesn’t she?”

“Yeah. Anyways, we should go help Xander and Spike. See you later.”

“Bye.” Buffy said and fell asleep again.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy sat in the back of Spike’s car with Katelyn. Spike kept looking at the baby from his mirror. Buffy was looking at her sleep too. She kissed her forehead and looked at Spike. He blew a kiss at her and looked back at the road.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Spike carried the baby into the house and Buffy followed. He led Buffy into a room that was painted baby pink with all the trimmings. A cot, a rocking chair for Buffy, a changing table, a little chest of drawers for clothes and a little mobile.

Buffy’s jaw dropped open.

“You’re the best boyfriend ever!” Buffy shouted and hugged him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” They kissed for a while then both put the baby to bed. Willow and Xander came round a while later to check on Buffy. They stayed for a while in the baby’s room and then went. Buffy became very tired and school was soon so Spike got on the phone to hire a sitter.

Buffy wasn’t ready for this. Unwed teenage motherhood.

One afternoon, Spike found Buffy crying in the garden.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” He asked.

“I’m not ready for this. I’m sixteen, I’m a mom, I moved out of my dad’s house and I’m still in high school. I can’t be a mom at this age.”

“Yes you can. You have me to help. I could quit one of my jobs to be here more. I could… I could… Will you marry me?”

“Huh?”

“Will you marry me Buffy Anne Summers?”

“Huh.” Buffy smiled and said. “Of course I’ll marry you!”

They kissed for a while and Spike promised her the world. This was going to be a great life!

THE END

EXTRA

***Five Years Later ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike sit by the pool, her back against his front, his arms around her waist, as they watch their five year old daughter being taught to swim by Willow and Xander. Katelyn is splashing around happily in the shallow end whilst Willow pretends to drown and Xander pretends to save her. Katelyn is highly amused and tries to dunk Xander but he grabs her and places her on his stomach while he swims on his back.
"Drop her and I'll kill you dead Harris!" Spike treatens.
"Yeah, yeah." Xander shouts back. Spike chuckles and kisses Buffy's neck. She smiles and leans into his touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so glad I met you." Buffy says and turns to look at her husband. Spike says nothing but leans down and kisses her sweetly. The kiss soon heats up and are broken out of their daze by Xander's shouting.
"Get a room you guys!" He shouts. Spike holds up his forefinger and middle fingers at him as Buffy playfully swats him on the chest.
"Yeah, get a room!" Five year old Katelyn shouts. Buffy and Spike smile as they watch their daughter swim three strokes in the water before Willow catches her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander swims up to them, Willow and Katelyn following closely behind. Buffy brings her hands up and dunks his head under the water. After a few seconds she lets go and lets him come up for air. he coughs and splutters and she giggles, Xander puts on a faux angry face and pulls her into the water, holding her under. Willow laughs and pulls Spike in too. They all have a play fighting session in the water whilst Katelyn giggles the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike swim over to Katelyn and both take her in their arms. Buffy kisses Katelyn on the cheek and Spike does the same, then Buffy and Spike kiss each other and pull away.
"I couldn't have wished for a better life." Buffy says. Spike smiles and kisses her.
"Me either, baby. Me either."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please review, I like it so much.

Thank you too all my friends who approved this story and all the people that read it. Please tell me what you think. Thank you to spikesbabyblues for your review that helped me make my story better. Thank you to Pari for actually publishing this and thank you everyone. If you want to send a personal review email racheylou1310@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=8686