La Cosa Nostra: La Familia Vampire by spufette
Summary: Spike is the son of the great 'Vampire Godfather' Marcus Aurileous. Not only does Spike want to return to Sunnydale, to his lover, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but his family demands it. There is an evil, nasty little power hungry vampire family in Sunnydale the 'Wu Tang Clan' that is vying for power. Riley, their own Godfather wants Buffy for himself. Buffy, who is oblivious to all this 'drama' at the moment, is busy being a vampire slayer and something else. You'll have to read the inside summary for more info! Thanks. Luv Spuf
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 72520 Read: 47589 Published: 03/07/2005 Updated: 02/19/2006

1. Summary & Prologue by spufette

2. Chapter 1: 'Meet The Family' by spufette

3. Chapter 2: 'Sweet Baby James' by spufette

4. A/N: by spufette

5. Chapter 3: 'Information and Arrivals' by spufette

6. Chapter 4: 'The Boys Are Back In Town' by spufette

7. Chapter 5: 'Gotta' Love Family Reunions' by spufette

8. Chapter 6: 'What Now?' by spufette

9. A/N: Mainly for dreamgirl4eva by spufette

10. Chapter 7: 'All In The Family' by spufette

11. Chapter 8: 'Let Me? Please?' by spufette

12. Chapter 9: 'Bound By Duty?' by spufette

13. Chapter 10: 'Light and Salvation' by spufette

14. Chapter 11: 'The Trump Card' by spufette

15. Chapter 12: 'She Was A Slayer' by spufette

16. Chapter 13: 'White Wedding' by spufette

17. Chapter 14: 'Anything' by spufette

18. Chapter 15: 'More Human Then Human' by spufette

19. Chapter 16: 'Order of Protection' by spufette

20. Chapter 17: 'Absolutely' by spufette

21. Chapter 18: 'Cool Feet?' by spufette

22. Chapter 19: 'The Ceremony' by spufette

23. Chapter 20: 'Claims' by spufette

24. Chapter 21: 'Love; Mate and Check' by spufette

25. Chapter 22: 'We Need A Plan!' by spufette

26. Chapter 23: 'Mystery Guest' by spufette

27. Chapter 24: 'An Offer He Can't Refuse' by spufette

28. Chapter 25: 'The Show!' by spufette

29. Chaper 26: 'Act III: The Final Battle' by spufette

30. Epilogue: by spufette

Summary & Prologue by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA; La Familia Vampire



Prologue and Summary:


A/N; Since I cannot seem to bring myself to put this off any longer? This is my Vampire/Slayer fiction, with a twist.

Disclaimer: All of these characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The basis of this fiction is mixed up in Vampire lore and Mafia ‘fiction’ from movies and TV.

I am an addict, where the ‘Mafia’ is concerned and where ‘BTVS’ is concerned. (At least in the TV/Movie world) So, I thought ‘heck, why not merge the two into a kind of cautionary tale?’ Okay, not so cautionary, but a tale of the ‘uprooted Valley Girl Princess/Buffy’ and the son of the most powerful ‘Vampire Mafia clan/Spike’ of course, sillies.

This might be a long fiction, or maybe not. I’m not sure at this point. I always thought that the ‘Mafia/Vampire style’ come to town in Sunnydale would be a nifty idea. Alas, Joss and ME thought otherwise…


There will be lots of ‘star crossed loving’ as far as Buffy/Spike goes. In fact, it might be a while before I even update, but then again, I’m not sure.

All’s I know is this: Buffy is the Vampire Slayer of Sunnydale. Spike, who she knew as ‘William the Bloody’ three years before this tale takes place, is the son of Marcus Aurileous, the Vampire Mafia Godfather. Angel is Spike’s younger brother, married to Darla, a daughter of Joseph Hebbler, a once great Vampire Godfather.

Connor, their youngest brother is smitten with a picture he has seen of Dawn Summers, Buffy’s younger sister. He will aid his older brother, Spike, in any way possible to secure Buffy as a Vampire/Mafia bride.

Here’s the rub: Spike, who previously visited Sunnydale and fell in love with the Vampire Slayer, Buffy, was run out of town by a mob of angry villagers. (Just gotta’ love those angry villagers)

Buffy, who succumbed to Spike’s (or William’s as it were) charms, at the time, hated to lose her vampire lover. But, did it, for the greater good. Even helping the good citizens of Sunnydale in running her ‘man’ out on a rail. Problem? Buffy was left with more then just a fond memory of William….(if you’ve read my fics before, you know where I’m going with this! Tee hee)

The Clan of Aurileous, led by Marcus, the Godfather, must go to Sunnydale and thwart the uprising of the Wu Tang Gang of Vampires. (Oh, we are just getting started here).

Not only does Marcus, the Godfather of the ‘un-souled’ want Buffy for his son, Spike’s wife, he has to destroy the upstart Wu Tang Gang’s leader, Riley, who wants the luscious ‘Slayer’ for himself.

The plot thickens as none of the evil undead know that Buffy bore the child of William, aka Spike and that the boy is a hybrid of vampire/slayer. Not even Spike, who wants Buffy back, at any cost and will enlist the power of his undead ‘family’ to secure her to him.

Will Spike return to Sunnydale, his ‘family’ in tow, to woo and win back his Slayer, Buffy? And, will they, the Aurileous Family be able to overcome and defeat the evil Wu Tang Gang?

Will Riley Finneous (the evil, power hungry Wu Tang vampire leader) win over Buffy before Spike can return, claim his woman and child and reign victorious?

Will Wesley Price, the once noble Watcher of Slayers, now, counselor and trusted ‘turned’ advisor of the Aurileous Family be able to ‘make Buffy an offer she cannot refuse?’ After all, Buffy, the ‘All Mighty Chosen One’ holds the ‘key’ to the power, the glory and the everlasting rule of the Vampire Clans!

(Okay, I’m lapsing into Francis Ford Coppolla here, sorry).

Many characters from BTVS/ATS will appear in this fiction and up until the end, no will be sure who is on who’s side???

Will Buffy, who is the epitome of the light and goodness, fall prey, once again to the seduction of William? Or Spike, as his family calls him?

(Of course she will, this is Spuffy for goodness sakes!)

Hold on, this is going to be a rough ride.


Prologue:


Buffy shuffled along the old, brick covered path of the Sunnydale Cemetary. She was deep in thought as she kicked at the old rocks and weeds that lay beneath her booted feet.

Twenty-year-old Buffy Summers sang a silly old song, one from a Musical, as she near skipped along the pathway.

“All I want is a room somewhere;
Far away from the cold night air,
La-di-da, la-di-dee, dee-dare, oh…
Wouldn’t that be luverly!”

She hesitated and scanned the area, her ‘spidey’ sense tingling like radar.

A vampire fledgling, just a few yards ahead of her, stood near the pathway, leaned up against his own tombstone. He grinned at her, warmly and rasped, “nice night. Great evening for a snack, eh girlie?"

Buffy didn’t hesitate, she leapt at the vampire and struck a blow for ‘good’ into his heart with her favorite wooden stake ‘Mr. Pointy.’

“Yeah,” she giggled, brushing the vampire dust from her hands, “great night for a snack. In fact,” she continued non-chalantly, “I’ve got to get home, fix my sweet baby, James, a nice midnight snack.”

With that, Buffy twirled around and skipped off down the path, the way she had just come, to head home to her two-year-old son, James.

“Wonder what old William would say,” she chuckled to herself, “if he knew that he had a two-year-old son, my Jimmy. A half-human/half-vampire son with his blue eyes and my naturally (?) honey blond hair?”

“Oh, well,” Buffy sighed dramatically, “Will’ll never know. He’s gone, because of me, the Initiative and the Watcher’s Council. Good thing,” she reasoned, “Jimmy would never be safe if too many people knew just who, and what he really was.”


She skipped off, out of the cemetary and headed home to 1630 Revello Drive. Her Mother’s home, and hers, and now her son’s.

Little did Buffy Summers know, but two, yellowish/brown eyes watched her go. From the shadows, he heard her musings and grinned in evil glee.

“I’ll make you mine, Slayer,” the tall, lumbering vampire hissed. “I’ll claim you and take your son as my own. Then,” Riley the Vampire laughed heartily, “they’ll be no stopping me or mine from controlling everything!”


A/N: Short, but a start! Please read and review. Let me know if this sounds interesting at all??? Thanks, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 1: 'Meet The Family' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA, LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE

Chapter 1: ‘Meet The Family’


For a vampire, actually the son of ‘The’ Master Vampire, Marcus Aurileous, the Godfather of the Undead, Spike was a paradox. Even he realized that much. He was a brutal murderer, true, but he was a poet at heart. And more then anything? He loved the mortal woman, Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

At the moment, Spike, aka William the Bloody, was entering his Father’s ‘office’ the one the really old man did most of his receiving in. Who, or whom Dad received varied from vampires of all shapes, sizes and ages, and of course, the random demon type. Also of all shapes, sizes and ages.

Right now, someone Spike recognized, someone from dear old Sunnydale, CA, was at this moment speaking to his Father, Marcus the Elder. Clem, the demon in question, was quite animated, but barely acknowledged his old drinking mate, Spike, when he entered the room.

Even Angel, Spike’s younger natural brother and Angel’s wife, Darla, were involved in the heated encounter with Clem. Marcus, their father, as usual, held his own, silently listening to Clem’s ‘complaints’ and nodding from time to time. Wesley, the Family’s counselor, as he was called, sat, stoic, unmoving and mechanical, as usual.

‘Wonder if that’s a hold over from his Watcher days,’ Spike asked himself again. However, Spike was more then interested in what Clem had to say. Fuck, he was interested in any news from Sunnydale. Especially since his love, his soulmate, the woman he adored more then unlife itself was still living there. Even if she ran him out of town, three years before, for the greater good she said.’

For the past three years, Spike had tried to convince his Father, Marcus, to allow him to leave here. Travel back from this dank, ugly place, in Transylvania, for Satan’s sake, of all places, where the Family Home was located, to the warmth and sweetness of Southern California, in the States. All’s he wanted to do was go and reconcile with Buffy. His Buffy. His Slayer. Who gave a fuck if the little brat ran him out years before. She’d have to see him, talk to him and by Satan, he’d hog tie the bitch and make her listen to him.

But no, Daddy dearest, the Godfather Marcus, would not listen. He damn near put a curse on Spike the last time he tried to leave and seek out Buffy again.

“She’s not our kind, Spike,” Dad kept rambling on to his oldest son. “She kills our kind, not marries us, Son,” Marcus reminded his heir, daily. “Your Mother would just turn in her urn if she knew that you wanted a full mortal woman like Buffy Summers. A Slayer, for the love of Hell.”

Spike tried, on numerous occasions to remind his Father that his own Mother, Anne, was half human. Her Mother, Spike and his younger sister, Drusilla’s grandmother, had been a full mortal woman when she was bitten by a vampire. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Gran was pregnant at the time, with their mother Anne. Therefore…..

“I know, Son,” Marcus had sighed a million times, in a three years, “but a fucking Slayer? She’d stake you on your wedding night!”

“It was a Slayer, a hundred years ago that murdered your own Grandmother, boy.” Marcus was adamant about this. His sons, none of his sons would ever mate and claim a mortal woman. No matter how fucking ‘tough’ that woman was.

Since his own Mother had perished, by a Watcher’s hand, some sixty years before, Spike’s father had remated with a worthy woman. A dark haired vampiress by the name of Jennifer, who gave his Father two more natural born children; Angel, or Angelus and young Connor.

“Godfather?” Clem’s deep voice broke Spike’s reverie and brought everyone in the dark room back into the conversation at hand. “Your help is much needed, Godfather,” Clem continued nervously.

“I cannot refuse any request at my only daughter’s commitment ceremony,” Marcus was saying, seriously. (Okay, please forgive me, this is supposed to be somewhat ‘Mafioso’ and all!)

Drusilla, the committed one (!) took that opportunity to enter the room. She wore a blood red dress of lace and satin, her long black hair hung down her back. Without hesitation, the ‘odd’ sometimes disillusional Drusilla stepped up to her eldest brother’s side and smiled benevolently at her Daddy.

“Hear him, Daddy,” she ordered softly, her melodic voice was rather soothing at times. “This lovely demon has much news to tell us and no better time then at my commitment ceremony to my darling Cassius. I tell you Daddy, Angel luv, my precious Spoike, there's much happy news here. Within these dark walls.”

Spike grinned at his beloved sister. Even if old Dru was loonier then a dozen loons, she had true visions and it seemed that the girl was going to unleash some interesting facts, here and now.

“Speak,” Marcus nodded at this Clem fellow. “Tell me what you ask of me on my daughter’s day.”

“Godfather,” Clem began cautiously, “I have been sent by the demons and loyal vampires from Sunnydale, the true Hellmouth to speak to you on a most urgent matter. Even the Slayer, Buffy Summers herself, is at a crossroads in this situation.”

Spike flinched at the precious name of Buffy Summers. He glanced up at his Father, who scowled at him, then his sister, who smiled warmly.

“Go ahead,” Marcus sighed, almost bored by now.

“Godfather,” Clem took the bejeweled ring of the Demon world’s mentor and cheiftan in his right hand. Kissing it first, he bowed his head over the older demon’s hand.

“There is a situation in Sunnydale. Riley Finneous, the newly risen leader of the ‘Wu Tang Gang’ is making waves in Sunnydale. He is boasting, bragging that he will be the next great ‘clan’ leader, even greater then you, sir. He is young, brash and all together much too big for his Doc Marten Boots. This Riley, Godfather, he goes so far as to brag about claiming the Slayer for himself. To the Demon world that is, sir. He’s made remarks, made outright challenges against any demon or mortal for the right to mate with the Slayer.”

That did it, Spike roared his disapproval and leapt in between his Father and Clem. His demon visage formed on his handsome human face and growled in jealous anger.

“Mine!” he hissed at first his Father then Clem, “the Slayer is mine!”

“Calm down, Spike,” Marcus ordered evenly, “let’s hear what else our Clem must tell us.”

“There is talk, Godfather,” Clem continued, rather calmly, not looking at Spike. “There is talk that the Slayer has a child, a son, beautiful beyond reason and who will someday grow more powerful then either vampire or slayer.”

Marcus stood up, abruptly and strode in front of Clem. The Godfather’s amber eyes were on fire.

“Slayers never live long enough to bear children,” he hissed at Clem, as if to challenge him.

“This one, apparently has,” Clem answered nervously. “If the demon gossip is true, the Slayer’s son is over two-years-old, fair-haired and,” here the demon paused and finally glanced at Spike, “has the eyes of a blue-eyed angel.”

Spike felt his throat clench and his unbeating heart skip three beats.

“She has a child?” Spike gasped, his jealousy was apparent to everyone in the room.

Clem could only nod, nervously, worried that someone in the Aurileous Family would ‘kill the messenger’ and all.

Suddenly, a wild scream of glee echoed through the room, from Drusilla, obviously.

“It’s true then!” the somewhat ‘touched’ daughter of Marcus the Godfather squealed in delight. “My Father, Marcus Aurileous, Godfather of the Vampires, King of the Undead ‘is’ a Grandfather! My darling brother Spike…his Slayer gave birth to his son! I’ve had dreams, wonderful dreams, Daddy,” she squealed in delight. “Visions and dreams of the most wonderful nature!”

“What’re you going on about, Drusilla,” Spike asked anxiously, hoping he was not misreading his sister’s rant, or that she wasn’t tripping on psychotic delusions.

“The child,” Drusilla rasped as she clapped her pale hands together, “the child is yours, brother! Your love child with your soulmate, the pretty golden Slayer. Daddy,” Drusilla skipped up to her Father and took his cold hand in hers, “your Grandson, this golden child, he’s half vampire, but he’s half slayer also. This child is a miracle, Daddy and he’s ours! Yours, Spoike’s and the Family’s little unstoppable demon machine!”

Marcus gasped; Spike teared up then grinned, Angel slapped his older brother on the back and Darla nodded at them all.

“A hybrid,” Darla finally broke the silence, “a naturally conceived, half human/half vampire hybrid. Dru’s right,” Angel’s trophy wife continued gleefully, “this son of the dark and light will be unstoppable in both worlds.”

Clem smiled, warmly at the Godfather’s family, “there is just one little, teensy-weensy problem,” the jowly demon interjected, reluctantly.

All of the Aurileous Family glared at the demon, well, somewhat glared that is.

“What?” Spike demanded in his growly voice.

“Riley, the Wu Tang Gang’s leader?” Clem sighed, “he wants Buffy for his own. And her hybrid child.”

Spike roared again, enraged that this upstart vampire should try and move in on his woman, his child or the Family’s territory. With a menacing saunter, Spike strode up to his Father and asked, one more time, “still think I shouldn’t go claim what’s mine in Sunnydale, Dad?” His cobalt blue eyes burned into his Father’s amber ones.

“No, Son,” Marcus smiled, wickedly at his eldest natural born child, “I now demand that you go and claim what’s yours.”



A/N: I’m really behind in all my fics. Trying to catch up!
Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 2: 'Sweet Baby James' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 2: ‘Sweet Baby James’


A/N: It’s important to remember that at this time, Buffy has no idea who Spike really is. I mean, she knows him as William The Bloody, but she does not know he’s the eldest son of the Vampire Godfather. This means, that she has no idea that Spike’s and her son is so powerful, yet.
Oh and someone asked me if Angel, Connor and Dru are also vampires? Yes, they are, they are the natural born children of Marcus (crazy huh!) and that's why Spike could father a child of his own.


Buffy watched her son, James William (?) fall into a deep, restful slumber. This was a nightly routine for Buffy. Feed James, or Jimmy as he was called, his supper; bathe him; watch a little Sesame Street with him (the Count was Jimmy’s fave character!) and then put him down for bed. Little Jimmy would sleep, oh, for maybe a few hours, then he would wake, just before Mummy came home from patrol and gave him a little midnight snack.

“Thank God for my Mom!” Buffy reminded herself as she watched her little boy slip off into dreamland. “I’d be lost without Mom.”

Joyce Summers had stepped up to the plate, once she realized her seventeen-year-old oldest daughter was pregnant, three years before. She insisted that Buffy keep the baby. Even when everyone else, including Rupert Giles and the rest of Buffy’s friends demanded that she either abort the baby, or give it up to the Watcher’s Council. Yeah, as if that was going to happen in this Millenium.

Buffy giggled, softly, as she watched her son begin his nightly ritual. He would drift off to sleep, after his snack, then begin to snore, unlike his own Pops. William never snored in his sleep, probably because he didn’t have to breathe. James breathed, like humans had to, in fact, for the son of a vampire, Buffy’s baby did a lot of human things.

Soon, after James began to sleep like the undead, he would open his mouth, slightly, and reveal his two top incisors. The ones that were just a tad more exaggerated then any pure human’s teeth. In fact, in sleep? Jimmy’s incisors resembled two, tiny fangs, much like wolves, or bats, or well, vampires.

This was always a painful reminder to Buffy Summers. A reminder that her lover, William, had been driven from Sunnydale, three years before, without any knowledge that he was about to become a father. She, Buffy, had aided and abetted the townspeople in ridding Sunnydale of William The Bloody. Something she hated to do, but felt the need to do.

“Oh, Jimmy,” Buffy sighed sadly as she watched her beautiful, fair-haired, blue-eyed son sleep. “I wish I’d never have listened to Giles, or any of the Scoobies for that matter. If I hadn’t? Your Daddy would be right here, with us, right now and I wouldn’t be so alone, or scared.”

Buffy Summers was scared, truly. She had heard things from about town and these things terrified her. As a nightly jaunt, Buffy would stop by Willie’s Bar and Grill and check in on the demon doings there. And, every night, Willie would feed Buffy input on the plots, schemes and goings on in Sunnydale by the local demons.

For the last few nights, Willie had made it clear, for his old buddy’s William’s sake, that the whole Hellmouth was in danger. Willie was fully aware that William The Bloody loved the Slayer and visa versa. While he never exposed William’s true identity, even to Buffy, he kept the Slayer up-do-date on the evil workings of the unsouled ones. In fact, Willie was adamant that two rival factions would soon be duking (or fanging) it out for control of the demon world on the Hellmouth.

Therefore, Buffy was fully aware that Riley Finneous, of the Wu Tang Gang, was going to make his move on the Aurileous territory in the Hellmouth. Humans, vampires and demons alike were going to be caught ‘undead/dead to rights’ in the middle of this gang war and nothing might be able to stop it.

What saddened Buffy the most? Just two years before, Riley Finneous was just plain Riley Finn, Buffy’s somewhat love interest in Sunnydale. He, Riley, would never be able to replace William of course, but he did try, on numerous occasions to ease Buffy’s lonliness for Will.

They had never made love, Riley and Buffy. No sex, no heavy petting, really, because Buffy couldn’t stand the thought of anyone touching her, that way, besides William.

Just about two years before this, Buffy remembered as she watched her son sleep. Riley had become ‘involved’ with a vampiress whore by the name of Sandy. The female she bitch sucked Riley once too often and succeeded in turning him into a vampire himself. Pity of it was, that after the turning, Riley staked the poor Sandy himself and began to gather minions, undead soldiers and ranks of demons into his hoarde. They called themselves the ‘Wu Tang Gang’ for whatever reason and began to wreak havoc on the citizens of Sunnydale.

Riley was gaining more power, nightly, and Buffy knew this would bring the Aurileous Family into Sunnydale. If for nothing more, then to protect their territory of the demon world and keep things stabalized, somewhat.

“Great,” Buffy sighed as she watched her beautiful son, James, sleep. “I have to pick a demon side to be on in this. Each one is no better then the other and I ‘have’ to choose between them.”

Buffy left her son’s bedside and stumbled, wearily, into the bathroom to shower. She stripped down and stepped under the warm water, relishing the droplets of pure heat as they hit her body in unison.

After her bath, Buffy dried off and with her body wrapped up, warmly, in the plush towel, she sauntered off into her bedroom. She insisted on having Jame’s little bed in her room, next to her bed. All too soon, she knew she would have to put her son’s bed and all of his toys in the little room her mother had reserved for him.

Laying down in her soft sheets, Buffy tried to relax and allow her much needed sleep to overcome her. She began to hum, silently to herself, a song. Buffy didn’t really ‘know’ this song, totally, but she remembered William singing to her, while they ‘necked’ endlessly on the beach. At night of course.

‘Twenty, twenty, twenty-four
hours ago;
I wanna’
Be sedated”


Suddenly, in the midst of Buffy’s humming, James sat up in his little bed, his cobalt blue eyes cut through the dark room and into Buffy’s very soul:

“Twenty, twenty, twenty-four
hours ago;
I wanna’
Be sedated”

Buffy’s son echoed the very words she was humming, right back at her. She sat up herself and shot a wary look at her angelic looking son.

“Jimmy,” she whispered, “time for bed, baby. Go to sleep, now.”

Jimmy grinned widely, something even Buffy could see in the dark room.

“He’s coming back, Mummy,” Jimmy suddenly murmered happily. “Daddy, he’ll be here, soon.”

With that, Jimmy lay back down and seemingly fell back into a deep, restful sleep.


(Meanwhile, In Transylvania)

Spike Aurileous strode about his Father’s office, actually, he was storming about it. He was just itching to get to Sunnydale, find Buffy, immediately and claim her and their son together.

The eldest Aurileous son had always been desperate to return to Sunnydale and the woman he loved, Buffy, but he’d made a promise to stay away. He’d promised Buffy, three years before that he’d never come back to Sunnyhell, even though it near killed him to say that. He loved Buffy, always would and always intended on returning to her, whether she wanted him to or not.

Now, Spike had his chance and a whole army of his Family’s undead soldiers to back him up when he returned. With his own Father’s blessings and added incentive. Another Aurileious heir.

‘Bitch,’ Spike growled lowly, ‘I love you Buffy, but how dare you keep my son from me.’ Spike could make it right though, he would make it right. He’d win, in Sunnydale, claim Buffy and his boy and spirit his family out of there, before three sunrises over that God forsaken place.

Spike’s youngest brother, Connor, was skulking about in the corner of their Father’s office. He had no doubt in his mind what young Conn was brooding around about.


“When do we leave for Sunnydale, California, Father?” Connor asked, almost shyly of Marcus. “Spike says the sooner the better,” the youngest natural born Aurileous stammered.

“You’re not going,” the Godfather responded, indifferently. “Not to Sunnydale, not to the other side of the world. Not ever, if your Mum has anything to say about it.”

Connor looked crestfallen, Spike noted and he strode up to his father and his youngest brother. When he saw Connor’s chin begin to quiver in rejection and disappointment, Spike spoke up.

“Pops,” Spike began carefully, making sure he worded this, just right. The oldest son of the Godfather was well aware of his baby brother’s infatuation with Dawn Summers, Buffy’s little sister. He knew that Connor had hoped to join them the ‘Family’ in Sunnydale to aid them destroy Riley Finneous and his stupid gang of upstart rogue vampire.

“Pops, I think Connor should go with us,” Spike offered his brother a warm glance as he said this. “I’ll keep an eye on him, make sure he’s okay. Let him go, it’ll be good for the boy. He needs to be more involved with the Family and our ‘business’ right?”

Marcus seemed to mull this over, his deep blue eyes studied first Spike, then Connor, intently. “Is there more to this then just wanting to ‘be’ a part of the Family business, boy?” Father asked youngest son #3.

Connor was not good at deceit and sheepishly hung his dark, shaggy head, “yes,” he admitted quietly. “The Slayer’s sister, Dawn, I saw a picture of her, with Buffy. I, she, I want to meet her and……”

Godfather Marcus Aurileous snorted in exasperation, “Oh for Satan’s sake, Connor,” he glared at the smitten child. “Your brother falls in love with the Slayer, and now ‘you’ want her younger sister?”

“Yes,” Connor responded evenly, his brown-eyed gaze was determined. “I don’t see why I can’t have a Dawn, if I want her and she might just like me? Who says that Dawn Summers isn’t the next Slayer herself, or something. Or that she’s special in some way that might be what is right for me, for our Family interests?”

Connor looked over at Spike, who was grinning like a loon at his younger brother. “Too true, Conn,” Spike piped in. “Connor’s right Dad,” he continued, “Buffy’s little sis just might be good for Connor and this Family. She’s different, as I remember and Buffy was always prattling on about certain powers her sister had.”

“Oh, fuck this,” Marcus growled, “all right, you’re in Connor. But mark my words boy, if this screws up things in Sunnydale, this infatuation of yours? Or, worse yet, if anything happens to you Connor, your mother will stake me herself!”

“All right then,” Marcus continued, suddenly all business-like. “Connor, go fetch Angelus and your Mother. Get Wesley down here, too, and Gunn. We need to firm up this plan for Sunnydale and get this show on the road. We’re leaving, tomorrow, for the other side of the world and it’s going to be a long, long trip.”


A/N: Short chapter, wanted to keep the plot flowing. James will have more human/vampire traits, and they will be revealed as the story goes along. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
A/N: by spufette
When I answered a review earlier, about the children of Marcus, I accidently put Darla's name on the list.

Sorry, no, while Darla is a vampire, she is the daughter of another vampire Joseph Hebbler. She is Angel's wife, oops, I did it again and I will now go and take Darla's name off the list.

Sorry (sigh)
Luv, Spuf
Chapter 3: 'Information and Arrivals' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 3: ‘Information and Arrivals’


Buffy strolled into Willie’s Demon Bar & Grill and immediately cleared the place of his customers. Just by making her presence known.

“Hey Gorgeous!” came the bartender’s airy greeting to Buffy. Lorne, the coolest demon in Sunnydale, if not the world, was behind the bar tonight.

“Thank God,” Buffy mumbled under her breath, “a real gentleman demon, for once,” she sighed in relief. Lorne was class personified, even for a demon and Buffy actually liked the guy.

After depositing her main stakes on the bar, under Lorne’s watchful red eyes, Buffy relaxed on a bar stool. She ordered a diet coke, which she got, on the house of course.

“So, oh great horned one, how goes it?” Buffy quipped as she sipped her soda and eyed the green ‘soulful’ demon before her.

“It goes,” Lorne shrugged non-chalantly. But, oh, Buffy could read the demons of the land so very well. By now at least. Lorne might be short on the gossip, but he was long on the information. Buffy so needed some real good ‘information’ right now and she was getting impatient. Even with wonderful, sweet and brilliant Lorne of the Underworld.

“Word has it,” Lorne leaned over the bar and closer to Buffy as he eyed the empty bar room, cautiously, “word has it that the Aurileous Family is headed to Sunnydale. To thwart the Wu Tang Gang and Riley Finneous.”
It was Buff’s turn to shrug, almost indifferently. “Yesterday’s news,” she nearly yawned in boredom. It was a game they played, her and Lorne. ‘Who could keep the boredom level up the longest?’

“Well, sweet pea,” Lorne smirked and giggled, “it might be yesterday’s news, but the word on the demon highway is that you, the Slayer of all Slayers will ‘have’ to choose a side to be on in this mess. I’m guessing you’ll go with the Aurileous family, right? Hey,” Lorne suddenly stood up to his 6’6” full stature, “tell me now? You’re going with the ‘A’ group right? I’ve got a thousand on this and I’m laying odds that you’re going with Marcus and his Clan. I mean, especially since….”

Lorne suddenly stopped short and began to wipe at an errant blood stain on the bar. He furiously scrubbed at the mark with his bar towel, trying not to glance at Buffy from time to time.

“Especially since what?” Buffy hissed as she leaned over the bar and held Lorne’s hand still with her tiny one. “Why would I choose the Aurileous Family over Riley’s?” She gave poor Lorne the ‘evil Slayer eye’ and clasped his taloned hand even tighter.

“Well, pumpkin,” Lorne gushed, all sweet and nice like again, “it’s a known fact that the Aurileous Family keeps things somewhat in check, here in SunnyHell and around the world. At their various locations that is. Actually makes things just a smidge easier for you and the Watcher’s Council. Just don’t they, though?” The demon grinned, coyly at Buffy and pulled his hand from hers.

“Uh huh,” Buffy murmered as she sipped her soda again and watched the rather good looking demon, for a green, horned guy that is, clean the bar. “Although just how the Aurileous Clan keeps things in check is beyond me,” she sighed loudly.

“Besides,” Lorne suddenly added as he turned his back on the Slayer and pulled a glass for himself from the wall. “Everyone in the Demon World knows that Riley Finneous is after you, and your son,” he finished pretty weakly, actually and Buffy’s ears perked up at this.

“My son?” she hissed, practically flying over the bar to grab Lorne. “What about my son and Riley. And me!”

“Oh, no fears, Slayer,” Lorne assured her, “Riley doesn’t want to kill you or your son. But let’s face it, sweet cheeks, the Wu Tang Gang leader knows exactly who you are. And who fathered your child. He was after all,” the demon paused, trying to be ‘tactful’ here and not piss off the Slayer. “Riley was after all, a shoulder to cry on at one time, right? While human that is. He had to know that William the Bloody sired little James, correct?”

Buffy began to feel a bit lightheaded and she took a big gulp of the soda that was left. “Give me another,” she ordered firmly as if asking for a straight whiskey.

“How much does the Sunnydale demon world know about my son?” Buffy asked weakly, trying to be all strong and brave. But, failing miserably.

“Not too much, honey,” Lorne sighed, “just what Riley let the Demon hordes in on. Don’t worry,” he tsked, Riley doesn’t want either you or your sweet baby James to be harmed in any way. I assure you. It wouldn’t fit into Captain Forehead’s plans, really. The leader of the Wu Tang Gang wants you and your Jimmy alive and well. Trust me on this one.”
“His plans?” Buffy asked Lorne. Eying the green demon warily, she slammed her soda glass on the bar.

“Why the fuck would Riley want me alive or dead, or undead or whatever lies between? And my son? The son of William the Bloody? What the fuck does that mean?”

Lorne pursed his ruby red lips and sighed again, wearily. “It’s a power thing, sweetness,” he shook his head and began to wipe out tumblers with a cloth.

“Look, Queen of the Undamned,” the demon set the glass down and again leaned in closer to Buffy. “You’re the Slayer, right?”

She nodded.

“Your son is a mix of Slayer and Vampire, right?”

Again, Buffy nodded.

“And not just any Vampire, sweet lips, but a very powerful, Master Vampire. Do you honestly think, that with William the Bloody out of the picture that Riley isn’t going to eventually make his move on you? Your very powerful son?”

Buffy cringed and began to shake her head violently. “I so do not want my son involved in any of this shit. No gang wars, no Vampire mafia bullshit. Riley can take a fifteen inch stake and shove it up his, cold, dead ass for all I care. And as for William? I ran him off, three years ago on the advice of friends, family and the local do gooders of Sunnydale. He never even knew about ‘his’ son. As if he’d care.”

“Doesn’t he know, now, though?” Lorne muttered and turned to wipe out more glasses. “Wouldn’t he care, Buffy? He certainly loves you enough.”

Buffy was just about to ask how Lorne knew what William felt and all when she heard a nasally whine from the back of the bar.

“You are very bad for business Slayer,” Willie the snitch piped in from the back room. “You run off my best customers.”

“You need classier customers Willie,” Buffy snorted and threw a five dollar bill on the bar counter. “That should cover the tip and all sweetness,” she quipped at Lorne who almost blushed at her words.

“I’ve got a message, for Riley,” Buffy hissed as she retrieved her stakes and headed for the door. “Tell fang breath to stay the fuck away from me, my son, my family and every other human in Sunnydale. In fact, tell the asshole to get the hell out of here. He better if he knows what’s good for him. If I don’t stake his ass, the Aurileous Family will. Oh, and Lorne, Willis?” She grinned at the two ‘men’ still left in the bar.

“Lay all bets on the ‘A’ Family. It’s not that I’m taking sides, mind you,” she giggled. “But a girl’s got to know just what winner ‘horse(s)’ to back.” With that, Buffy spun about and strode out of the bar.

“She has no idea, does she?” Lorne asked his skinny, scrawny boss in disbelief. “I mean who William really is?”

“Nope,” Willie sighed lowly. “But once Spike and the Aurileous Family get back to Sunnydale? Buffy’ll have those gorgeous green eyes yanked open for her.”

As Buffy stormed back to her home on Revello Drive, she muttered to herself.

“Asshole vampires,” she hissed, kicking a stray empty can or bottle along the way. “Hate them, hate them all, the lousy, two bit fuckers and….”

“All of us?” came a snake-like hiss from the shadows of a nearby alley.

“Oh crap!” Buffy groaned in frustration, “my night is truly complete!”

“Come out Riley,” the Slayer hissed at the unseen, as of yet, vampire.

“Hello beautiful,” Riley stepped out of the shadows and began to close the gap between Buffy and himself.

“Stay back Riley,” Buffy warned him, pulling out a stake and getting into her fighting stance. She took in the slight ridges on Riley’s forehead, his fangs that even he could not hide from her. The demon within him called out to Buffy, for her to attack, hit him, fuck him, something, for God’s sake!

“Is that anyway to greet and old boyfriend, baby?” Riley chuckled as he stepped even closer to her.

“No,” Buffy snipped, “but to greet an old evil ‘friend’? It’s perfect. You were never really a boyfriend, Riley,” Buffy reminded the pale, golden-eyed demon, “just a shoulder to cry on. Like you said.”


“I’ve a proposition for you my love,” Riley purred, eagerly licking his lips and scanning Buffy up and down. “A very nice proposition, I assure you. One that you might consider and should.”

“And what would that be, oh ‘bores the shit out of me, still’ Riley?” Buffy glanced at her watch then her new manicure job, just for affect.

“Don’t get snippy with me, bitch!” Riley growled and stepped closer to her.

“Don’t get ‘closey’ with me, asshole!” Buffy hissed back and raised Mr. Pointy even higher.

Riley eyed the stake, nervously, then the huge silver cross about Buffy’s sleek neck. He recognized that cross, she could tell. It was the one William had given her, just before he left Sunnydale for good.

Suddenly, Buffy felt incredibly sad and alone. She missed Will, missed him terribly, even though their son reminded her daily of him. James was the clone of his Father, in so many ways.

“I have a question, Buffy dear,” Riley hissed through his fangs. “One that I think I deserves an answer to?”

“Ask away, undead asshole,” Buffy retorted. “If I answer or not is up to you. Oh, no, it’s actually up to me. Isn’t it?” She was doing her best to annoy Riley to death, yet again.

“Your son, little Jimmy?” Riley began with an evil grin, “he’s stronger then most two-year-olds, right?” Riley looked so smug and pompous, even for an undead idiot.

Buffy pondered this question, momentarily, then smiled sweetly at her mortal enemy.

“He could kick your ass to the town limits, even at two, stake you, and be home in time to watch Sesame Street on Cable. That answer your question, oh ‘Inept One’?”

Riley cringed and Buffy could tell he was just itching to lunge at her. For what intent? That remained to be seen.

“You best choose your sides, well, little girl,” Riley grumbled at Buffy. “When this ‘happens’ you’ll want to be on the winning side. Do you have any idea who the winning side is, bitch?”

“Me,” Buffy stated evenly and with pure confidence. “I’m the winning side.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer turned her back on the pathetic Godfather wanna be and walked, slowly away from him. She knew within herself that Riley did not have the dead guts to follow her. Not at the present anyway.

At the Sunnydale Port of Call, on the shores of the Pacific, a rather large, but unobvious dark ship pulled into dock. Unbeknownst to the general populace, or even the resident Slayer, the cargo in that ship was very important. Very important, very powerful and very lethal.

Marcus Aurileous was a very imposing ‘man’ among vampires. He was tall, almost 6’3” and extremely good looking, for a vampire that is. His three natural sons followed suit, at least in handsomeness. Spike, or William the Bloody, was not nearly as tall as his Father, Marcus, but he was strongly built and had his Dad’s blue eyes.

Angel(us) was almost 6’2” tall, built like a muscular bull and dark-haired like his Mother, Jennifer. Connor was young yet, not fully developed, but he would seem to be destined to be the clone of Angelus, physically that is. However, young Connor was more like the oldest son, Spike, in disposition and personality.

There was a poet in Spike/William and his younger brother had inherited that personality from him. Although the two vampire sons would rather be staked then admit it? They were sensitive, at times that is, in nature.


After the ship had docked, Marcus ordered all of the ship mates and crew spared by the Aurileous Clan and their foot soldiers. It was the least the Godfather could do. The ship’s crew had cared for the undead family as if they were natural born gypsies, native to the Transylvanian soil that the Aurileous Family had sprung from.

Gypsies from that part of the world grew to respect and honor the revered Vampire Clans and Families. It was as natural to their nature as breathing, although the members of the human clans never mentioned the blood bonds outside of their race.

Although the ship’s crew was spared, the moment that Spike, Angelus, Connor and their Father, Marcus, hit the shore, they fell upon a drunken sailor who had stumbled away from his friends, presumably. They fed on the mishappened man and left no evidence of his existence.

Making short work of the sailor, Marcus called forth his twenty undead foot soldiers to join them on the beach and motioned the horde into the town of Sunnydale. The first member of the Wu Tang Gang that the Aurileous Horde encountered was torn apart without a blink of undead eyes.

“A scout?” Angelus queried of his revered Father.

“Most likely,” Marcus snorted indifferently. “But a weak one, surely.”

The four family members laughed loudly, together. They strode with confidence, danger radiated from them like waves.

“I’ll leave you now Father,” Spike stated to Marcus, and his siblings. “I have an engagement, on Revello Drive.”

“You do that,” Marcus nodded at his eldest. “Make sure you claim your son and his Mother, quickly. Your boy is the key to our future and our victory.”

“I want Buffy first,” Spike spat stubbornly, “then my son. I will have both of them, with me forever. Or I’ll have nothing at all.”








A/N: Short, but hopefully sweet! I know, hokey and silly, right? I can’t wait for Spike and Buffy to ‘meet’ again and for him to meet his son. Can you? Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 4: 'The Boys Are Back In Town' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE



Chapter 4: ‘The Boys Are Back In Town’


A/N: Well, I wanted to submit this chapter of this fic, now. Then I’m off to take my daughter to see ‘Phantom of the Opera’ finally! Anyway, I hope someone is still reading this. I thank all of you for reading it and for reviews. Luv, Spuf

Summary: Spike is delayed, by his Father, before he can track down Buffy. He’ll get there, to Revello though, soon, don’t fret.


“Spike, wait,” Marcus Aurileous called after his headstrong eldest son. “A change in plans, son,” the Godfather stated when Spike had rejoined their group.

“What?” Spike growled, momentarily forgetting his place in the Family. The blond vampire stared in the direction of Revello Drive, just itching to get to Buffy’s house. He wanted to grab Buffy and their son, immediately and worry about ‘Family’ matters later.

Angel and Connor groaned, audibly, at their anstsy older brother’s disrespectful tone. Marcus Aurileous loved his natural born children, unconditionally. But, ‘no one’ alive or unalive was allowed to disrespect the Godfather. Not even his own offspring.

“Watch your tone, boy,” Marcus hissed as he glared down at his ‘heir’ to the Family. Spike would inherit the Aurileous Family, as Godfather, if something was to happen to Marcus. Which was more then likely never going to happen, not in this eternity. No one got ‘that’ close to Godfather Marcus, not even his own ‘lieutenants’ and soldiers.

“I’ve decided to go to this Willie’s Demon Bar you speak of. Find out what the demon knows about Riley Finneous, the upstart prick, and his band of idiots. Spike was a lot like his father, always with the descriptive put downs and quips.

‘Much like my Buffy,’ Spike mused to himself. ‘Wonder what our son is like?’ He tried to cover his longing sigh with an unneeded breath.

“You, Angel and Connor, along with Gunn and myself, we’re going to this Willie’s immediately. The fool is a snake, of course, but he and his employees are loyal to our Family. Aftwards,” Marcus nodded with authority, “you may go and claim your woman and my grandson. They will be there, waiting when we are finished at Willie’s.”

“Yes Father,” Spike muttered, reluctantly following his imposing sire to Willie’s Demon Bar. Angel, Connor and the Family’s strongest Lieutenant, Gunn, followed behind Spike.

The moment the Aurileous clan stepped through the doors of Willie’s Demon Bar, Spike caught the unmistakeable scent of his love, Buffy.

“Buffy,” Spike murmered out loud, trying not to show the depth of his emotion. “She’s been here,” he rasped, “recently.”


When the Aurileous boys had entered Willie’s place, the majority of the returned demons headed for the back door. The Slayer’s appearance earlier was bad enough, but the Godfather and his sons? This was a major disaster.

One unfortunate Taok Demon happened to try and run past the Aurileous’s to escape. He was quickly caught by Angel, who tore the poor creatures head off and tossed it outside the front door.

“He bugged me,” Angel explained with a shrug at his Father’s impatient scowl.

“Whatever,” Marcus grumbled, very impatient by this time. “Where is Willie?” the Godfather roared at the green, horned demon behind the bar.

“Here, Godfather,” Willie the Snitch, scurried out from inside a back room. “It is good to see you, Master Aurileous.”

Willie took Marcus’s outstretched right hand and kissed the huge blood red ruby ring on his ring finger. “We are relieved that you are here, Godfather,” Willie stated, his words had a ring of truth to them. The little weasel’s tone was exceptionally respectful and reverant. It had better be.

“Yes, Godfather,” Lorne approached the imtimidating Family head carefully. He repeated his employer’s actions and kissed the stunning ring on the Clan’s leader’s right hand.

“Spike,” the two demons, different as night and day, nodded at the eldest Aurileous son.

“Buffy,” Spike interjected, impatiently, “she’s been here. Recently.” He was anxious to track down his woman and confront her. The sooner the better.

“The Slayer was here, Spike, Godfather,” Lorne nodded his huge horned head. “You missed her by an hour or so. Not much longer. She was here, kicking ass and taking names, so to speak. Asked me all kinds of questions about the Family, and the Wu Tang Gang.”

“Cleared the place,” Willie broke in, a nasty little frown on his mouth. “Just by showing her little punk ass,” the demon suddenly broke off his tirade. Probably because Spike had reached over and grasped Willie’s throat with his strong left hand.

“You never, ever speak of Buffy like that,” Spike growled, dangerously low in his throat. “Buffy is my woman, the Mother of my son and your Godfather’s grandson. I demand respect, fuckhead,” Spike hissed and released the quaking Willie.

“No disrespect meant, Spike, Godfather,” Willie choked out. “But you do have to admire the Slayer,” the demon’s words stumbled out rapidly, trying for damage control here. “She cleared the place, earlier, just by walking in here!”

Spike beamed at his Father, a proud smile on his handsome mouth. “That’s my girl,” he gushed smugly.

Lorne interjected, probably hoping to difuse the tension in the room.

“Godfather, Spike,” Lorne began, seriously. “The Slayer, she came here for information. Mostly on Riley Finneous and the Wu Tang. She seemed to know, already, that the Aurileous were on their way to Sunnydale. Buffy did not seem real ‘upset’ by the news. Actually,” Lorne scratched his left horn with his talon, “she told Willie and me that she’s siding with the Aurileous Family in this matter. That, and apparently, Spike,” the demon nodded at the vampire, “she has no idea that you ‘are’ an Aurileous son.”

“Oh, and,” Lorne added with a wink, “I believe that she is unaware that ‘you’ know that little James is your son?”

“James,” Spike murmered, suddenly ‘feeling’ his dead heart skip a beat. “My middle name,” he whispered in loving awe. “She named our boy after me.”

“Riley,” Lorne interrupted Spike’s ‘Kodak moment’ with that fuck’s name. “Riley Finneous ‘wants’ Buffy, Spike,” the green demon continued, cautiously. “Her, and your son together. For many reasons.”

Lorne stepped back from the Aurileous clan and held his much needed breath. The green demon looked very, very nervous at the moment.

“Mine!” Spike roared so loud that the rafters in the bar shook. “Buffy is mine!” he repeated again, even louder. “My woman,” Spike began to stalk about the bar, enraged. He seemed to be looking about, randomly, trying to find anything he could break, or rip apart.

Willie cowered behind the bar, while Lorne just stood his ground. Godfather Marcus rolled his blue eyes and crossed his long arms in front of him. He watched his eldest son strode up and down in the bar, cursing everything, alive and undead Spike could think of.

“Spike,” Marcus finally growled, fed up with his son’s testosterone fit. “Settle down and pull yourself together. Of course Buffy is yours. Your son and his Mother will never be anyone but yours, so fucking halt this shit, now!”

“Riley can’t get within ten miles of my woman and our son, Father,” Spike growled back at Marcus. “I’ll tear Sunnydale apart, with my own hands if he gets near…”

“He won’t,” Marcus finished for his enraged son. “Neither you, myself or any of the Aurileous will allow such a thing. Besides,” the Godfather continued with arrogant confidence, “this little shit of an upstart, Riley Finneous, will be dust before the end of the week. Him and his ‘Gang’ of misfits.”

Angel, who had been unusually quiet, for him, anyway, finally spoke up. “We’ll help you protect Buffy and your son, brother,” he assured Spike. “Connor and me, we’ll help you. Yes little brother?” The dark-haired Angel nodded at the youngest Aurileous male.

“Of course,” Connor agreed quickly. “We are family, Spike. Always. Your mate and your son will be safe with us here.”




Buffy had made a quick detour, from her trek home, to her Watcher’s house. She needed to talk to Giles, immediately, regarding the new information that she had gotten from Willie and Lorne.

“So,” Rupert Giles slurred, just a tad, “you’re going to choose sides in this fiasco? Go with the Aurileous Family?” He had been drinking, non-stop, only the best Scoth, of course, since before his supper earlier that evening.

“I have to go with a ‘side’ in this, Giles,” Buffy mumbled, a little exasperated with her tipsy Watcher. “I can’t take on the entire Vampire world at one time. None of us can, no matter how strong we are. I think the Aurileous Family is the lesser of two, very big evils. She eyed her Watcher with growing impatience.

“Besides,” she continued firmly, “my son, James, he comes first and foremost with me. Both of the ‘clans’ will want him, I know that, but I feel that the Aurileous will help me protect my boy. They are steeped in tradition and will respect the fact that a Master Vampire fathered Jimmy. Although I have no idea how that happened, do you?”

“The Aurileous know about Jimmy?” Giles seemed to sober up quickly and nervously asked his Slayer the question.

“Apparently,” Buffy shook her head. “Lorne claims that the Godfather, Marcus, knows everything about Sunnydale, me and my son. I think the great green one, Lorne, and that weasal he works for, Willie? I think they’re both hiding something from me. Something really important.”

“Could be,” Giles mumbled under his breath. He began to look really anxious by this time and Buffy suddenly got real suspicious by this.

“What are you hiding, Giles,” she asked, somberly. “You know something, what is it?”

“Nothing, Buffy, dear. Really. Just that I feel distressed that you and Jimmy have to go through this mess. I’m worried about your son, Buffy, of course.”

“You should have thought of that, Giles,” Buffy grumbled, avoiding his gaze. “When you and the others coerced me into running Jimmy’s father out of Sunnydale. At least William could have helped me protect our boy.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Giles sighed, sorrowfully, “we all thought it best. At the time. In fact, if you remember, we wanted you to…” But the older man did not finish this sentence. He just took another sip of his drink and stared at the big, black book on the coffee table.

“Is there anymore information in that thing,” Buffy pointed at the book, with curiosity. “Any data on the Aurileous?”

“Yes, much data,” Giles slurred, setting his drink down. “No pictures, of course, but descriptions and such. About the Godfather, his natural children, his minions, everything.”

“Natural children?” Buffy asked, somewhat stunned. “How the hell does a vampire have natural children? Of course,” she blushed, “I guess we all know that’s not impossible, huh?”

Giles blushed profusely, seemingly embarrassed by the mention of Vampires, natural born children and his Slayer.

“Yes,” he muttered, “not impossible at all, eh?”

“Well, this has been just grand, Giles,” Buffy sighed sarcastically, “but I need to get home. I’ve already missed my midnight snack with Jimmy. Been too busy screwing around, trading quips with Riley and having a headache over this whole mess.”

“Buffy,” Giles murmered out to her as he watched her head to his front door. “I’m sorry, dear,” he sighed heavily when she glanced back at him. “Sorry for so many things.” His blue eyes were filled with regret.

“I’ll be back, tomorrow, in daylight, Giles,” Buffy called back as she left his house. She seemed to blow off her Watcher’s apology. “We’ll look at that big book then, together.”


Spike felt a sudden sense of ‘déjà vu’ as he approached the two story house at 1630 Revello Drive. His first instinct was to crash in through the front door of that house, track down both Buffy and their son, James and drag them out with him. No questions asked.

That little plan was thwarted when Spike grabbed the front doorknob and hit an invisible barrier. He had intended on yanking the front door off of it’s hinges, if necessary.

“The bitch!” he hissed angrily, “she’s put a ‘deinvitation spell’ around this fucking place! On me!”

Actually, Spike was more ‘hurt’ then angry. That his woman would de-invite ‘him’ Spike the Master Vampire and her lover? From her own home? From his son’s home?

“I’ll spank her luscious arse til it’s bright blood red,” he hissed to himself. “The little bitch, had no right to ever make me leave in the first place.” Spike felt a wave of lust shoot through him. The thought of spanking his Buffy’s little bare bottom was quite appealing to him. After all this time, Spike was practically bursting apart at the seams with want for his Buffy.

A new sense suddenly invaded Spike’s body and mind, causing him to look around the front yard of the house.

‘Buffy,’ he realized immediately. Spike could ‘feel’ his mate for miles and he realized that she was, at this moment, outside somewhwere, heading here, to the house.

Although Spike had not ‘claimed’ Buffy, in the literal sense. He did consider her his mate and as such, he could ‘feel’ her from great distances.

Stepping behind the huge oak tree, next to the Summers home, Spike meshed himself in with the shadows. Hidden there, somewhat, Spike waited for his lover to appear.

“I’ll wait until she is within range,” he said to the protective cloak of night. “I’ll grab her before she can sense me, make her break the de-invite spell and force her to take me to our son.”

When he saw Buffy come into view, Spike felt his unbeating heart nearly kick back into action. She was beautiful, more so in person then any of the his picture momentos he’d taken with him when he left.

His Buffy wore black leather pants, a red halter that barely covered her flesh and little black, lethal boots. She was twirling a stake in her right hand, non-chalantly, humming some tune.

“Wait a minuted,” Spike growled, softly. “Why the fuck is she wearing that get up to slay? If she’s been out, on a date with some fucking git, I’ll…” his jealousy rushed up to engulf him.

“Oh, Gods,” Spike murmered longingly, “I love her so much.” He quickly dismissed his anger with her at that very moment.

All of his previous, military plans of action flew out the window. The vampire could just stand and stare at his love. In total loving awe.

Buffy reached the front door of her house and took out the key to unlock it. Before she could manage to open the door, she hesitated and spun about, suddenly facing the front yard again.

Her spidey sense was going full force now. Buffy was afraid, but she was more then that. This ‘sense’ of hers, the one that betrayed nearby vampires and demons was a God send for her.

Now however, instead of the sense warning her of ‘danger’ nearby. This spidey reaction reminded her of something. A feeling from her past and present.

It was the same sense that Buffy got when she touched her son, Jimmy. The same sense, different then the ones that other vampires gave her. This was the warm, wonderful, sweet memory sense of her William. And at the moment, it was hitting her in huge waves.

“William,” Buffy called out into the dark night. Her heart was racing a million miles a minute.

“Hello Princess,” came that deep, British voice that Buffy so loved and missed.


A/N: Well now……

Giles definitely knows more then he’s telling Buffy. Can you guess what that is?

Spike will ‘see’ his son in the next chapter, but is Buffy just going to willingly hand herself and Jimmy over to him? (This is Buffy we’re talking about here).

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 5: 'Gotta' Love Family Reunions' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 5: ‘Gotta’ Love Family Reunions!’


“My God, Will,” Buffy gasped in complete (albeit momentary relief!) shock. “What the hell are you doing here?” She was pale as a ghost, she was sure. Okay, at least she felt as pale as a ghost, but since there was no mirror about?

“I,” Spike began, but suddenly found it hard to speak. He was so fucking overwhelmed at the moment, that he could barely put two words together.

This woman, this tiny slip of a female before him was the love of his unlife/life and they were here. Together, again. Spike could barely breathe (okay mute point, vampires did not need to breathe after all!). The Master Vampire, William the Bloody, was at a complete loss for words, for once.

“You promised,” Buffy spat at the formidable vampire, “you promised you’d never come back here.” She accused him with her harsh tone that alerted him to the fact that Buffy now remembered their deal and was over her moment of tender weakness. Gone was her soft, loving expression and now her wide green eyes shot fire at Spike. Her body stance said ‘I’m so gonna’ stake your arse blood sucker!’

“I had my fingers crossed at the time?” Spike offered with a smirk, resorting to sarcasm in this situation. Truth was, the Master Vampire was not quite so smug as he’d like to think or show. This was going to be tougher then Spike had thought it would be and he needed to think things out. Present his case and go from there.

“You had your fingers crossed!” Buffy exclaimed as she took a step backwards, to her front porch. “Oh for God’s sake, Will,” she hissed, “what self-respecting vampire crosses their fingers while making promises to never return. To never darken the doorstep of my home and my family’s. To not bring chaos and evil upon the Hellmouth that is all full up of crazy anyway and…..”

“Buffy,” Spike sighed in frustration, “darling you are beginning to sound like a fucking Anne Rice novel. Worse yet, you’re damn near morbid with drama and close to hysteria. So please. Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up, for a moment anyway!”

The Slayer closed her mouth, tightly and seemed to listen to the Father of her child’s words. This particular blond, extremely handsome, sexy and smart vampire had been Buffy’s bane of existence since he arrived in Sunnydale, three years before this.

“Why?” Buffy finally spoke, her tone was almost heart breaking to Spike. If he had a beating heart to break that is.

“Why am I back?” Spike asked, his blond head tilted to one side. His blue eyes wide with wonder as he scanned his ‘mate’ lovingly.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered, huskily as she averted her eyes from her ex-lover. Her son’s Father, even if he didn’t know it yet.

“Did you honestly think I could eternally stay away?” Spike inquired with a raised left brow. “Do you think, that I, William the Bloody, could ever keep away from my love? My mate?”
He scowled, his dark brows furrowed together as he took a step closer to Buffy.

“You promised,” Buffy said weakly. She felt the tiny, warm, traitorous tears begin to slip from her green eyes. Buffy thought about her son, James, tucked warmly and lovingly into his little bed, up in her room.

“Sometimes promises, made in the heat of the moment, are not so hard to break, Buffy my sweet,” Spike murmered as he stepped closer to her. He felt a tug at his heart when she stepped back, away from him, once again.

“I’ll ask you again,” Buffy said, harshly, coldly, “why are you back here?”

“For you,” Spike answered honestly. “Always for you. I could not stay away, my Buffy,” he sighed. “Not for another moment, could I keep away from you. I’ve waited three years to return to this place. To find you and claim you. You’re mine, Buffy,” Spike hissed as he closed the gap between them.

Spike grabbed Buffy into his strong arms and pulled her flush against his body. He took delight in the shiver he felt go up both of their bodies. After coming this far, Spike decided to go the full monty and lay everything on the table.

“I love you,” he whispered huskily, “always have. Always will. No false mortal promises will ever keep us apart, Buffy,” he said clearly. “No foolish words of complacency, while your fucked up friends and Watcher’s Council are brandishing torches and stakes? Did you think that your Watcher, your gang of weaklings and that group of assholes you work for? Did you think they would keep me from you? From my mate?”

“No,” Buffy hissed in defeat. “I did not think that you could stay away, forever that is. But now Will? Do you have any idea what is going down in the Hellmouth?” Buffy decided to get to the Hellmouth business at hand.

Spike nuzzled his forehead into Buffy’s and sighed loudly, “yes, baby. I have a very good idea what’s going down in the Hellmouth,” he responded honestly.

“The Aurileous Family, led by Marcus the Godfather himself is coming,” Buffy shook her head, fearfully. “They’re going to protect their turf from the Wu Tang Gang, led by Riley the ‘Moron’ Finneous. Riley was a friend of mine, you know?” She looked up, wide-eyed at her former lover, “he was my friend, Will. My…..”

“Lover!” Spike roared loudly, yanking Buffy’s head up to meet his gaze again. “Was that fuck your lover?”

“No,” Buffy answered weakly, ashamed of her timidness. “He was just a confidant, a friend, after you left me.”

“Left you?” Spike yelped with an indignant look. “You ran me off Buffy. Your gang and you, your Watcher and his babysitters, all of you made me go away from here. I didn’t want to. Wanted to stay, with you and your family. Take care of you and love you forever.”

Buffy tried to pull away from William, but to no avail. The vampire kept his grasp on her and would not let her loose.

“It’s still a matter of fact,” Buffy sighed heavily as she burrowed her head into William’s strong chest. “A freaking Vampire Mafia war is about to be launched, here, in Sunnydale and all of us are going to get caught up in it. Humans, demons, vampires, everyone is going to be sucked into this.”

“Probably,” Spike shrugged, almost indifferently. “But my main concern is you and…..”

“You know?” Buffy glared at William, a little stunned. “You knew when you came here that the Aurileous were on their way. That they’d be here, in the Hellmouth and make a play for their turf? That’s why you’re here, isn’t it, Will? To help the Godfather’s Family and make a big name for yourself?”

“No!” Spike hissed, “not just that. I came here for you, first. The gang war was just a convenient excuse to come here with back up.” He gazed into her eyes, trying to convince her that he was being honest.

“Excuse me?” Buffy growled, “convenient back up? What the hell is that supposed to mean, William?” She was past confused now, now she was pissed.

“It means, baby,” Spike nuzzled his forehead into hers, holding her tightly to him. “It means that I needed some back up, for when I returned to claim you, my mate. After all, sweet, with the entire brassed off villagers and Watcher’s council? I had to have some backing to march into here and claim you, right?”

“It was not villagers, Spike. This isn’t a Dracula or Frankenstein movie and it wasn’t the townspeople of Sunnydale. It was Giles, Xander Harris, our friend Gunn and a couple of employees of the Watcher’s Council. Good God, you call me dramatic! Besides, why the hell would the Aurileous Family back your return here? Just to claim me? Something’s not right here, William, explain, please!” Her mouth was set in an even, stern line and she tilted her own head sideways. Never breaking her and Will’s eye contact.

“Buffy…..” Spike began as he tightened his hold on her. “I…..” but before he could finish, his Slayer suddenly flinched, her eyes grew even wider in understanding.

“You’re an Aurileous!” she gasped, answering her own question.

“Guilty,” Spike sighed, suddenly sorry he had not told Buffy before about his ‘Family’ ties. “I’m Marcus Aurileous’s oldest natural born son,” he mumbled, unsure of Buffy’s next reaction.

“Spike!” she hissed and tried to pull away from him. She failed. Will was always stronger then her, he just never unleashed that strength on her.

“My God, you’re Spike!” She suddenly realized everything, right at that moment. Now, it all made sense. A vampire who got a Slayer pregnant? Impossible, except for the Godfather’s Family members.

“You son-of-a-bitch!” Buffy screamed as she struggled against Will, or Spike, or what ever the fuck his stupid name was. “You could have told me, let me know you would be coming, anything to make this easier.”

“How?” he asked quietly. “Just how or for that matter, why the fuck would I? You sent me away. Would you have just said, ‘oh sure, Will,’ come on back and help kick Finn’s arse. We’ll forget the part where I ran you off, made you miserable and sent you away from the only things in your unlife that ever made sense.’

His expression was full of anger and his voice was bitter, even for a vampire. Buffy suddenly felt ‘afraid’ of William. She had never, ever felt afraid of her ex-lover, not before this.

“Besides,” Spike spat out, harshly, “isn’t there something you’d like to ‘tell’ me while we’re on the subject?” He gave Buffy a ‘stare’ that cut right through her.

“You know,” Buffy whispered, pale again, she was sure. “You know about…”

“Our son? Yeah, you could say I do. At least I found out, only about five days ago.” He looked like he could just about kill her right now, and Buffy thought better then to ‘argue’ with him or try and deny it. It would be useless, anyway. The truth was out and William was here, with her, in Sunnydale. With their son, together.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Buffy sighed, sadly, “if you came back, for either of us? What do you think the Watcher’s Council would have done? To me, to you and to our son? They would have had you and I murdered and taken James away. Probably to some God damned Watcher’s medical horror show and run all kinds of experiments on our baby. Fucking bastards that they and Quentin Travers are.”

Spike could tell that Buffy was about ready to cry, which was bad news. He could never, ever resist the tears of his Buffy. So, he tried to deter the waterworks and said softly, “you gave him my middle name.”

She nodded, slowly and told him that she felt it would be safe, that way. Give him Will’s middle name and not his first. “I felt like I owed something to you, Will,” she murmered, suddenly embarrassed by the show of her tender side.

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike sighed as he leaned in to kiss her lush little mouth. “I’ve missed you so…”

Buffy hated herself for being so damn weak, but there it was. She was kissing Will’s beautiful mouth with her own. Allowing him to completely engulf her being with his. He had always had this affect on her. From day one, even back in the beginning. When he’d come to Sunnydale to kill a Slayer. Instead? He’d arrived, found her out and that’s when the stakes of the game had changed. William tracked her, Buffy, down and as he would tell everyone later? He had been smitten on first sight with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It wasn’t too long before Buffy had returned his feelings and their wonderful, if somewhat tumultuous affair had began. Who the heck knew it would result in what it did? A hybrid son with powers that no one may ever understand.

Buffy pulled back from Will, she knew her green eyes showed her confusion and fear. “Will, I…..”

“You what?” Spike moaned as he pulled her in for another kiss. “Is this where you tell me that you’re sorry you ever met me? That you no longer love me? That our son was a mistake?”

“No,” Buffy gasped in defeat, “it’s just that I’m frightened. For our son, for James. Your family, the Wu Tang? You both want our Jimmy, for different reasons, but then maybe not. Tell me, William,” Buffy continued, harshly, “your Father, Marcus? I just bet he’s ‘dying’ to meet his grandson, huh?”

Spike hung his head in shame, “yes,” he whispered in a cracked voice. “My father is desperate to meet James, but not for the same reason I am. Where is my son, Buffy?” The vampire asked, gruffly.

“Gone,” Buffy answered quickly, biting her bottom lip with her top teeth. “I sent James away, with Mom and Dawn. To Los Angeles. Thought it was best, for now and…..”

“I want my son!” Spike roared loudly, tightening his vice-like grip on Buffy. “Bring him back, now!”

“You’ve got to be kidding,” Buffy growled, her eyes narrowed into slits. “Do you think that I’m going to allow you to waltz into town and take my son? To your fucked up family? Let either your ‘clan’ or Riley and his mifits get ahold of my baby?”

“I won’t let that happen, Princess,” Spike hissed, growing quite impatient with his girl. “Besides, if I take James, you go with us, period. You are my family Buffy. My son and you. First and foremost, I’ll never take my boy from you. You come with us.”

“And do I have a say in this Will?” Buffy mumbled angrily, “any say at all? What if I don’t want…..”

Buffy’s tirade was interrupted by a light, squeaking voice, coming from the front door of the Summers’ home.

“Mummy?” little James cried out into the front yard. “Why are you out there, in the dark? Come in, Mummy.”

“Jimmy!” Buffy cried in horror, “stay inside, don’t come out. I’ll be in soon, please baby.”

“My son,” Spike whispered in awe, staring at the little miracle that peered out from the front door. The vampire still did not release Buffy from his embrace.

“James,” Spike said evenly, as he spun Buffy around to face their son, his strong arms clasped her to his taut body. “I thought you told me that our boy was in LA?” Spike hissed under his breath to Buffy.

“I had my fingers crossed,” Buffy hissed back, sarcastically.

“Invite me in, boy,” Spike smiled benevolently at the blond, blue eyed child. “Ask Spike to come in to meet you proper.”

“Jimmy,” Buffy pleaded, desperately, “don’t do it. This is, this ‘man’ is…” she couldn’t finish as she had no idea just what to say.

“Invite me in, James,” Spike purred, “or I’ll take your Mummy away with me, right now. To a place where it will be very hard to find her.” He grinned proudly at his tough looking little son, who suddenly seemed much older then two. At least to him. The boy scrunched his fair brows together, as if to ponder his options.

“No Jimmy!” Buffy screeched, still trying to break from William’s grasp. “Don’t ask this ‘man’ in, he’s a scary man.”

“Why are you scaring our Mummy, Daddy?” Jimmy asked softly, totally confused by now. “If you love us, why are you scaring us? I know you, I know what you are, but why are you making my Mummy cry?”

“Daddy?” Spike gasped, nearly letting go of Buffy, but not quite. “He knows who I am?” the vampire asked in awe.

“Our son knows a lot,” Buffy hissed, still struggling against her son’s father. “I suppose it’s the vampire in him. That he can recognize his own father. He started putting sentences together by eight months and…..”

“Ask Daddy in, James,” Spike murmered, gently to his boy. “Ask Daddy in and I’ll bring Mummy to you. I don’t want to make Mummy cry. I love both Mummy and you, so much James.”

“Come in Daddy,” James William Summers ordered his Father, coolly. The barrier that surrounded the Summers’ home immediately lifted, at least for the Master Vampire, Spike.


A/N: Okay, that was tough. Anyway, someone asked that I make Spike at least a little ‘evil’ so I threw in the Buffy hostage thingy. Now we know that Spike would never have taken off with Buffy and not their son, so…..Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 6: 'What Now?' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 6: ‘What Now?’


Spike practically lifted Buffy up in his arms and carried her into her own home. Even after entering the Summers’ house, the vampire did not let loose of his woman.

Little James stood, stock still and wide-eyed, staring at the Vampire in awe. However, Spike noted, the boy did not look at him in shame or fear. This brought a ‘warm’ almost fuzzy feeling (okay, this is a little ‘yuk yuk’ kind of sentence!) to the Master Vampire, especially when the fair haired brunette child sidled up to his parents and tugged at Spike's leather duster.

“Will you put Mummy down now, Daddy?” James asked in a clear, albeit small voice. “I want to really look at you.”

Spike almost dropped Buffy out of shock, but caught her then gently set her down, feet first, on the floor. He watched as his Buffy took their son up in her strong arms and cuddled him to her body, desperately. “Will,” Buffy whispred in a strained voice, “please, please don’t do this.”

“Please put me down Mummy,” James asked, ever so politely, “I want to ‘see’ my Daddy. Take a good look at him.” Spike was stunned when a tearful eyed Slayer set her son, gently, down on the floor.

James sauntered up to Spike (something the vampire found quite familiar, in his boy’s gait that is) and crooked his left index finger at his father. “Come down here,” James ordered, firmly.

What could Spike do? He obeyed his two-year-old miracle child and kneeled on the floor in front of him. That’s when he realized exactly how blue little Jimmy’s eyes really were.

The hybrid child, son of Slayer and Vampire, reached out and ran his tiny but long left fingers down his father’s chiseled face. James scrunched up his darker brows, together, and tilted his little head to one side, a small scowl on his beautiful face. Finally, after a few moments of scanning Spike’s features, the boy broke into a wide, happy grin.

“You look like me!” Jimmy crowed, gleefully. He turned to look at his mother, who was now huddled on the couch, tears streaming down her own cheeks. “He looks like ‘me’ Mummy!” Jimmy repeated with childish joy.

“Yes, baby,” Buffy murmered, staring at her miracle child, “Daddy does look like you. I mean,” she ammended, “you look like him.”

“I,” Spike began, weakly, choked up with emotion. “I don’t know exactly what I look like, poppet,” he reached out and ran his own long, slim fingers down Jim’s face.

“That’s because you can’t see yourself, in a mirror,” Jimmy stated proudly. “Mama told me all about it. You can’t see yourself, in a mirror, but I can!” The boy was giddy with this special power and Spike felt like bursting into tears over this display. Spike wanted to grab up his son and hold him, securely, until the end of time, but feared he might scare the boy.

“I thought you’d be taller,” Jimmy scowled again, his brows once more furrowed together. “Mama said you were a giant!”

Spike grinned up at Buffy, who blushed profusely and averted her green eyes from him. She shrugged, apparently trying for indifference at the moment.

“He speaks like a young adult,” Spike whispered in awe of his new found son. “I can’t believe this, he’s like, ten or something!”

“Told you,” Buffy whispered in a cracked voice of emotion, “our Jimmy is ‘special’ and knows more then you’d think.”

“I want to see your fangs, Daddy,” Jimmy whispered as he scrutinized his father’s mouth. “Let me see your special fangs, please, Daddy?”

Spike reared back and shot a look of surprise at Buffy, his blue eyes were wide with shock. His expression a mix of stunned awe and delight at his brave little boy.

“There’s not much you can ‘keep’ from our son, Will,” Buffy whispered. She stared, proudly, at their little man who stood up to his father like a soldier.

“I have them too,” Jimmy whispered, reassuringly to Spike, “mine are ‘permonent’ on me. At least that what Mummy says.” The boy grinned at his father, obviously proud to have such wonderful ‘teeth’ in his two-year-old mouth.

“They are,” Buffy murmered softly, “permanent, like Jimmy says. He’s had them from day one.” She explained this to the stunned Master Vampire. “Don’t know how I’m going to explain this one to the denist, when it’s time for Jimmy’s first check-up I mean.”

“Please, Sir,” Jimmy pleaded as he tried to lift his father’s lips to reveal his gums and teeth. “I should like to see your fangs?”

“Don’t call me ‘sir’ Jimmy,” Spike growled, albeit gently. “I’m your father, not a fu…”

“Will!” Buffy gasped at her ex-lover’s profanity. “Not in front of our son!”

“I am not your drill sergeant, son,” Spike cooed as he touseled Jimmy’s fair hair. “I’m your father, no,” he continued, tenderly, “make that your Daddy.”

“Show me?” Jimmy grinned up, coyly at his father, his blue eyes alight with glee. “Show me your ‘teeth’ Daddy,” Jimmy giggled, tapping his father’s right cheek with his fingers.

“Just like your Mum,” Spike chuckled, affectionately, picking up on his son’s ability to ‘con’ anyone into anything. With Buffy’s little pout, she had seduced him as sure as he had done the same to her.

Spike looked over at his love, Buffy and waited for her to nod her approval. She did, and he shook his own blond head, quickly, bringing on the semi-demon of his personality.

When he had brought out his demon, somewhat, Spike showed his son his own, sharp, lethal fangs. Spike thought his boy might just cower in fear and misunderstanding, but he didn’t. Jimmy reached out his left hand and touched the sharp fangs of his father, with his little finger.

“Pretty!” Jimmy chortled as he tinged his father’s left fang with his fingernail. “Look Mummy,” Jimmy glanced at Buffy, “Daddy’s fangs are pretty, pretty as mine!”

“Yes, baby,” Buffy mumbled, “they are, aren’t they?” She shot Spike a warning look and noticed that her ex was pretty teared up by now.

“Baby,” Buffy whispered as she got up from the couch and picked Jimmy up. “It’s bed time, sweetie,” she continued softly. “Mummy’s got work tomorrow and you need to go to day care. Granny Joyce is due at the Gallery. It’s late, baby,” Buffy shot William, or Spike, or whatever, another sharp look.

“Our son needs his rest,” Buffy pouted at William, who looked as if he was about to break down in tears. “I have to report, to the Double Meat Palace, by 7:00 AM, tomorrow. My Mom takes Jimmy to day care and…..”

“What’s this Double Meat shit!” Spike growled, his voice dripped with menace. “It sounds like a lot of bullshit to me! What is it!”

“A job,” Buffy hissed, quite exasperated with her ex by now. “It’s a job, at a fast food place. Pays the day care and bills, anyway,” Buffy sighed, with a roll of her green eyes, “what else am I supposed to do? My qualifications are pretty limited Will,” she continued, sadly, “I kill demons for a living. Not much call for that skill in the real world. So, I will go into the DMP tomorrow, as usual, and flip burgers for a living.”


“Like bloody hell you are!” Spike growled, shocking both Buffy and little James. “You call in tomorrow, tell this Double Meat place that you quit. I’m here now. I take care of my mate and our child!” He glowered at Buffy, causing her to cower back from him, momentarily that is.

“We’ll discuss this later,” Buffy hissed as she headed up the stairs to her and Jimmy’s room. “My son needs his sleep!” She ignored the vampire that followed her up the stairs and into the makeshift bedroom/nursery.

“Well,” Spike murmered from behind Buffy, his left arm snaked about her tiny waist. “This room certainly brings back fond memories, eh luv?” He chuckled, ever so softly into her ear, dissapointed when Buffy pulled away from him.

“Can Daddy tuck me in, Mummy?” Jimmy asked in his angelic voice. “It’s his turn, right Mummy?” Buffy could see her son’s blue eyes, the mirrors of his father’s orbs, shining up at her as she lay him in his little bed.

“Can Daddy?” Spike chuckled softly as he pulled the covers up over his son. “Can Daddy sing our son to sleep, luv?” He smiled, coyly at his ‘mate’ and winked, secretly at her.

“Well,” Buffy grumbled, “I suppose. As long as you don’t sing ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ or anything like that.” She plopped on the rocking chair by Jimmy’s bed and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“No, no,” Spike shook his head and threw his arms up in defeat. “No Stones, no Deo, no Sex Pistols, promise.” He grinned at Buffy, then at Jimmy and began to to hum an old tune. A nursery rhyme from the past. After a few bars of ‘music’ only, Spike began to recite the words to the tune:

‘Hush little baby,
don’t you cry
Daddy’s gonna’ sing
You a lullabye.

And if that lullabye
Don’t rhyme,
Daddy’s gonna’ give you
A brand new dime.

If that dime don’t
Shine, then Da
Is gonna’ give Jimmy
The ‘Gem of Amara’

And if….

“Okay, that’s enough!” Buffy hissed as she pulled Will from the bedroom and their son. Jimmy had passed out, exhausted within the first stanza of the ‘lullabye’ that William began minutes before.

Buffy nearly dragged Will down the stairs to the front living room, careful not to wake a sleeping Jimmy, Joyce and Dawn in the house. She stepped back from William and gave him her best ‘stern’ slayer look.

“So,” she began with pursed lips, “what now?” Okay, Buffy had a fearful inkling of just what Will was going to say, but she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“Now,” Spike purred, silkily as he closed the gap between him and his mate, “now I claim you, my love,” he grinned as he caught Buffy up in his arms, once again.

“Not so fast, Mister!” Buffy exclaimed. “What if I don’t want to be claimed, by you that is?”

“You better fucking want to be claimed by me!” Spike roared like a lion. “Doesn’t really matter though,” he shrugged, matter-of-factly. “I’m going to claim you and my son, anyway, so…..”

“Back off, blondie!” Buffy hissed, pushing him away from her. “I never said that I agreed to the claiming stuff. In fact…..”

Before she could utter another word, Buffy found herself being pulled into William’s strong arms, once again. His mouth found hers and began to ravenously devour it with his hot, fierce kisses.

Buffy began to melt into Will’s strong embrace and hot, needy kisses. She tried, really to resist her ex-lover’s seduction, but it was difficult. William was a persuasive ‘male’ and Buffy had missed him, apparently, he’d missed her too. At least his hardened erection, that now plowed between her thighs indicated as much.

“Tell me,” Spike hissed between kisses, “tell me you haven’t missed me, or this. The heat and passion between us? Tell me you could ever find this ‘ fiery thing’ with anyone else, alive or undead?”

“I have not…” Buffy began, defensively, “I have not,” she stammered. “I have not gone a day that I have not missed you Will,” she admitted, sadly. “Not a day that I have not wanted you here, with me and our son. I am a weak, simpering fool, William,” she hung her head in shame.

“You are a woman in love, baby,” he sighed into her soft, warm hair. “My woman, in love with me. Just as I am with you. There has not been an hour, Buffy, an hour that I’ve not wanted to come here, take you away with me. I love you so much. And now? To know that we have a son together? My whole existence means something, finally, my sweet. The darkness in my unlife is flooded with the light of you and James. How can anyone, alive or dead ask me to give that up?”

He gazed into Buffy’s green eyes, hoping beyond hope that she could read the sincerity in his blue ones.

“I came here,” he continued, staring into his mate’s eyes, lovingly, “over oceans and land to find and claim you. ‘You’ are my life, Buffy, my Queen, my Goddess. My everything. Our son,” Spike began to choke up and had to look away from Buffy. He didn’t want her to see his weakness, at least where his own little family was concerned.

“I, I have obligations, Will,” Buffy stuttered, her eyes filled with pain. “Obligations as a Slayer, to the Watcher’s Council and Giles. To Sunnydale, and the world. How do I walk away, just like that?” She snapped her fingers and shook her head with a snort. “I don’t,” she finished sadly, “that’s how.”

“Like bloody hell you don’t!” Spike roared as he lifted Buffy up into his arms and pulled her legs about his waist. “You ‘are’ mine. You and our son! I’ve been weak, before, where you’re concerned Buffy,” he growled as he pinned her body back up against the nearest wall. But now?” He growled again and shook his head, bringing on his demonic guise. “No more games, Princess,” he threatened as he buried his mouth into her neck.

While Spike ran his lips and fangs down Buffy’s quivering neck, he pulled at her halter top. He held her up, about his waist with his left hand and pulled at her leather pants with his right.

“Mine!” he rasped as he pulled her pants down with his hand and began to grind his hardened erection into the place between her thighs. “You’re mine!” He repeated, harshly.

Buffy felt herself being overwhelmed by Will, just a little reluctantly. Of course, she knew she had numerous duties set upon her. Her mom, Dawn, James foremost and the Slayer duties that were her burden. But, oh, to just release her destiny to her William. Let him claim her, take care of her and Jimmy. Make everything all right again with his love and power.

Just before Spike could rip off Buffy’s thong and thrust into her, a loud, powerful roar echoed through the Summers home:

“SPIKE!”

“What the?” Both Vampire and Slayer cried in unison, being momentarily yanked from their mutual lustful daze.

Buffy slipped down from Will’s waist and planted her feet, firmly on the floor. She rushed to the front window and peered out, William was right behind her.

Both of their ‘senses’ were on full alarm now and while Buffy gasped in shock, Spike chuckled in recognition.

“Who the hell are they?” Buffy gasped loudly. She felt her spidey sense on full alert, but oddly enough, she sensed no real danger from the sight before her.

“That,” Spike grunted, “would be my family, sweetness,” he reached about his woman’s waist and pulled her to him.

“Damn!” Buffy exclaimed, “are all of the Aurileous family gorgeous?” She squinted out the window and took in the five beautiful male vampires in her front yard.

“Well,” Spike gushed, proudly, “we are quite handsome, eh? Can’t say we’re not proud of the fact that…Hey!” he growled again, pulling Buffy up to him, tighter, “I’m the only vampire you’re supposed to think is gorgeous!” His jealousy reared it’s ugly head and Spike felt like spanking his soon to be wife on her arse, hard that is.

“Don’t be such a damn baby!” Buffy hissed, her eyes trained on the outside yard. “What the hell are they doing here, anyway?”

“I suppose Pops wants to meet you, and our son,” Spike chuckled, even though he was a little pissed that his ‘claiming’ ritual had been interrupted by his well meaning family.

“No way!” Buffy cried as she pulled away from William and started for the stairs. “My son is off limits, to your Father, your family and the rest of the vampire rhythm nation. I’m not going to let…..”

But she could not finish, Spike had grabbed her from behind and lifted her over his shoulders. Buffy began to kick her legs and feet on the Master Vampire’s back, as her hands beat at his chest.

“Put me down,” she hissed, angrily. “You put me down William, or Spike or whatever the hell your name is. I am not going to ask your relatives in my house and give them full reign over it. I’ll let them tie me up and burn me first, you hear me!”

Spike laughed, loudly, as he opened the front door of the Summers’ home and strode outside. His Slayer, his love and future bride was securely hoisted over his left shoulder.

“Wouldn’t think of having you break your precious ‘barrier’ luv,” he chuckled wickedly. “Or your precious neck, my sweet. But,” he continued, “can’t see a reason for you not to come out and greet your future in-laws. Can you?”


A/N: I was so going to have Buffy ‘meet’ the Godfather and the rest of the Aurileous boys in this chapter. However…I wanted to have a kind of comical meeting between her and them and there wasn’t enough space or time! Besides Marcus, Angelus and Connor, there are two other vampires in Buffy’s front yard. Can you guess who? Okay…I’ll tell you; Wesley Pryce the now turned ex-watcher and Charles Gunn the once ally of the Scoobies in Sunnydale!

I am hoping to make the meeting between Buffy and Marcus the Godfather a little funny, scary and maybe even campy! We might even find out ‘why’ Riley wants Buffy and James in his camp?

So, please read and review! Thanks, luv, Spuf
A/N: Mainly for dreamgirl4eva by spufette
Spike is not with Drusilla, she is his sister in this fiction.
She is married to Cassius.

The Aurileous family is as follows:

Marcus 'the Godfather' of the unsouled is married to Jennifer.

Spike is mated with Buffy (she just doesn't realized it yet, tee hee!)

Angel is married to Darla.

Connor is single, smitten with Dawn Summers.

Drusilla is a sister to Spike, Angel and Connor.

Please don't worry, I write Dru as a sister, pretty much, or nothing at all. Frankly? I don't much care for her character, she grates on my nerves.

Anyway, rest assured, there is no Spike and Drusilla, promise. Not in this fic.

Luv, Spuf
Chapter 7: 'All In The Family' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 7: ‘All In The Family’


“Will!” Buffy screeched loudly, “I’m half naked here, you can’t…”

Spike stopped ‘dead’ in his tracks, just before he exited the Summers’ front door, his Buffy over his shoulder.

“Shit!” he exclaimed loudly, himself, “you’re right, pet. Need to get you covered up with something before you meet the family. Don’t want Pops, or the boys to see ‘my’ property, all starkers and…”

“I am so not your property, Will,” Buffy growled as he flipped her onto the floor and stripped his leather duster off of himself.

“Yes,” he hissed, impatiently, through gritted teeth, “you ‘are’ mine. You and James both are mine and the sooner you get that through your gorgeous head? The easier this is going to all be.”

He wrapped the duster around Buffy, pulling it closed and buttoning it up for her. Spike almost laughed at how comical his woman looked, in the too big duster, her hair mussed up and a really pissed look on her beautiful face.

“I bet I look really great, huh?” she asked sarcastically, her arms now folded over her chest.

“Always lovely, Princess,” Spike grinned at her with a wink. “Besides, I want the family to realize that they interrupted ‘us’ by showing up here, now. My father probably thinks I’ve already claimed you and he’ll be pissed when he realizes I haven’t ‘yet that is.” He smirked at Buffy, grabbed her by the hand and pulled her outside to face off with the Aurileous males and the two other vampires with them.

Once Spike stopped dragging Buffy out onto the front lawn, she bravely opened her eyes and found herself staring up at a very imposing, dignified looking vampire. She realized at once that this was the Godfather, Marcus Aurileous, Will’s father and Buffy actually found herself almost intimidated, for once. By a vampire that is. If you didn’t count William, who had intimidated her one way or another since the first time she’d laid eyes on him. But that was…..

“So,” the Godfather began, his deep, low voice made Buffy shake, despite her will not to. “Are you going to introduce us to your mate, William,” the blue eyed patriach eyed Buffy up and down as he questioned his eldest son.

“Although,” Marcus added, a little miffed, “I can ‘see’ that you have not truly claimed her yet?” The Godfather, who towered over Buffy by at least a foot or more, scowled at Will as her perused Buffy’s neck. Buffy was more then a little exasperated that her bleached blond vampire ‘hero’ merely shrugged at his imposing father.

“Tried,” William replied evenly, “but just when it was getting down to the nitty-gritty, you five came along and interrupted…”

“Will, please,” Buffy hissed, totally frustrated by now. “For the love of God, just introduce me to these guys and let’s get this over with, huh?” She shot her son’s father the look of ‘death by staking’ and stood up, to her full, 5’1” stature.

Buffy knew she should be in Slayer stance, ready to take on all five of these ‘special’ vampires, but for some reason, she couldn’t do it. Maybe because she realized that for once, these guys were most likely on her side.

In fact, the vibes she was getting, right this moment, from all five of them (not counting Will, he always gave Buffy these vibes) were not frightening, or evil. All’s Buffy could feel was a strong sense of respect and protectiveness coming from all five of these strange vampires. The vibes both confused her, but somehow eased her apprehension also.

“Father,” Spike began, reverently, “this is my Buffy, my mate, claimed or not,” he added quickly, “and my son’s Mother. She is the Chosen One, killer of our kind, the light in the dark world. Slayer of evil.”

“Buffy,” he continued, silently hoping that Buffy would ‘play’ nice with his family, at least just this once. “This is my Father, Marcus Aurileous, the Godfather of the Clan, Aurileous. A clan that spans two-thousand years and claims kinship to the Aurileous of Ancient Rome. Our ancestors were witness to the Cruxifiction itself and…”

Before Spike could finish his little speech of introduction, he was shocked into silence when his Buffy reached out and took his Father’s huge hand in her own tiny one.

“It is an honor, Godfather,” Buffy murmered as she bent her head and kissed the ruby red ring on the old ‘man’s’ right hand.

‘That’s my good baby,’ Spike gushed silently, so proud that Buffy followed hallowed tradition and kissed his Father’s sacred ring. He could only hope she would follow tradition even further and ‘allow’ him to claim her, immediately. Otherwise, he would have to force the claim and he would rather not have to go to those lengths with the love of his unlife.

“Ascio amo Iori, filiola,” Godfather Marcus responded to Buffy, his voice full of respect and adoration.

Buffy glanced over at William who was just beaming with pride at her. “Say what?” she asked in her best valley girl tone.

“My father, Marcus Aurileous says ‘As am I little daughter’ and he means it, Buffy, my sweet,” Spike grinned at the stunned Slayer.



“Well,” Marcus nearly chuckled, amicably, “you are full of surprises Slayer.” Buffy stared up, wide-eyed, at the tall, powerful vampire before her.

“Sometimes,” Buffy whispered in awe, unsure of what to do or say next. She was quite overwhelmed, for once, and had no clue as to how to act now. So, she just stayed silent, for once, and let the Godfather and Will take the lead.

“I get a good feeling from you, Slayer,” Marcus smiled down at Buffy, with benevolence. “You are a killer of our kind, but one with a duty, true to her mission per say. I respect a dutiful childer, girl. Not only will you make a good wife for my son, but you will be an amazing ally in this fray with this Riley fool.”

“I have not accepted your son’s claim,” Buffy mumbled, yes, but she hoped she showed the best of her defiance. The little Slayer glowered up at the Godfather with determination. She could feel her green eyes just burn with indignation at this ‘chauvenistic’ behavior of the Aurileous Clan. Even if they were vampires, for Heaven’s sake! Come to the 21st Century!

“You shall,” Marcus Aurileous glowered right back down at the little Slayer who would soon be his daughter-in-law. “My son needs a mate such as yourself, girl,” the Godfather stated, pretty determined himself. “You are full of spirit Buffy the Slayer, something my rebellious son needs. You shall be his mate, your son together shall be an Aurileous. It is the way it ‘has’ to be.” The Godfather crossed his own arms and glared at first his son, then his rogue child’s mate.

“Now look here, Mister,” Buffy threw her shoulders back and took the ‘stance’ she was so used to.

“I don’t have to do anything you say or what…”

“Buffy dear,” Spike interjected quickly, “let me introduce you to the others?”

Buffy spun about and gave her signficant other an evil glare, “oh, go ahead,” she growled as she eyed the other male vampires.

“This,” Spike pointed at the tall, good looking dark male, “is my brother, Liam. We call him Angel, though I can’t quite remember why.” Spike smirked as he father explained.

“My son has the face of one of ‘His’ angels,” Marcus grimmaced. “And yes, little one,” he scowled down at Buffy, “I have seen a real angel. Therefore, I know of what I say.”

“Connor is the youngest,” Spike continued quickly, warily looking between his father’s and lover’s faces. The expressions on the two beings were not of the friendly kind and he was worried, so he quickly tried to make the introductions.

“Hello, Buffy,” the sweet faced young vampire smiled warmly at the Slayer. “I was wondering,” he continued shyly, “is your sister Dawn about? I’ve so been wanting to meet her!” The youngest vampire was giddy and kind, so quick to smile that Buffy was almost ‘drawn in’ by his eagerness.

“Well, she’s upstairs, in the house, asleep. But, I’ll…”

“Okay, that’s it!” Buffy cried out, coming to her senses, “no way is my little sister going to be a date for ‘Vampire Prom’ with the young William wanna be here and….”

“This is Wesley,” Spike pulled Buffy over to the dark haired, good looking vampire. She noted that this male had a certain air of class about him. Almost like Rupert Giles, her Watcher.

“Miss Summers,” the sophisticated vampire took Buffy’s hand and kissed it. Buffy heard Will growl in jealous possessiveness.

“Wesley was a Watcher, my child,” Marcus piped in, “once that is. Until he wandered into the wrong pub. In London it was, right, Angel?”

Buffy cringed and pulled her hand from Wesley’s, “a Watcher!” she choked out. “Oh for God’s sake, William. Your family turned a Watcher!”

“You may be my son’s mate, young Buffy,” Marcus hissed as he sidled up to the young woman, “and my Grandson’s mother. However,” he continued evenly, “I would prefer that you do not keep mentioning ‘His’ name in our presence. Do you understand?”

“I understand Godfather,” Buffy nodded as she turned back to Wesley. “So,” she asked politely, “what’s your gig in the ‘family’ that is?”

“Kind of a lawyer, mouthpiece, and well,” the young vampire actually blushed, “I guess an arbitrator?”

“I see,” Buffy shrugged. “You should talk to my Watcher, Rupert Giles, sometime,” she offered sociably. “He could use a kind of ‘alternate’ opinion once in a while.”

“I know him,” Wesley admitted with another blush. “We met once, when I was human.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered and glanced at the tall, handsome black male vampire next to Wesley.

“Charles Gunn?” she murmered.

“Hello Buffy,” the vampire grinned at her. “Long time, no see, eh?”

“Uh, yeah,” Buffy stammered, shakily. “I guess this kind of explains just where the hell you went to. After you left Sunnydale, I mean. Love the fangs,” she added, honestly, “it’s kind of a ‘new’ look for you, huh, Gunn?” Buffy could sincerely say that she was now getting pretty nervous about all of this.

“I wish to meet my Grandson now,” Marcus stated with authority. “I shall meet my Grandson now,” he added, a dangerous expression in his blue eyes.

‘Will’s eyes,’ Buffy thought, a little dazed, momentarily. ‘Daddy has Will’s eyes, just like Jimmy and…’

“NO!” Buffy yelped, causing everyone in the group to jump, just a little that is. “You can’t,” she added quickly, “he has day care tomorrow. He’ll asleep. Tell them, Will,” she hissed at Spike.

“He’s asleep,” Spike echoed. “Sound asleep and out. I tucked him in myself and sang him there,” the blond vampire grinned happily.

“An Aurileous does not sleep at night, William,” Marcus hissed at his errant son. “He hunts and plots, plans and makes mischief. Fuck! I don’t care if he reads the complete Works of Shakespeare! He does not sleep at night!”

“Father,” Spike began, cautiously, “I know you want to meet your Grandson, and I know my mate will allow it. Won’t you Buffy?” Spike gave his Buffy the most pleading look, silently of course.

“Soon,” Buffy nodded, “but not tonight, sir,” she finished with her own air of authority. “My, I mean our son,” she glanced over at Will, “is asleep. He is part human, Godfather and prone to the habits of mortals. Please, my son’s Grandfather, try to understand?”

Godfather Aurileous eyed the little whisp of a Slayer that had captured his son’s heart. He liked her, he did. A lot. She reminded Marcus of the young half-human woman he had courted, seduced and mated with hundreds of years before. His Anne, his beloved Annie, Spike and Drusilla’s mother.

“I understand,” Marcus sighed heavily. “We shall designate a meeting place, with you and my grandson. Tomorrow. No later,” the imposing vampire scowled at the blond woman. However, he felt a slight smirk form at the corners of his stern mouth.

“Of course,” Buffy agreed, noting the familiar smirk on her love’s father’s handsome mouth.

“We have many things to discuss, Slayer,” Marcus said, all business like. “But for now, we take your leave and offer our protection and respect.”

“Thank you, Godfather,” Buffy bowed her head, slightly. She was trying to continue with the respectful, traditional lore of the vampires and their clan hierachy. In the long run, Buffy was fully aware that it was best to keep Will’s and little James’ vampire family close. Buffy would need them, in the end, to protect her son against everything else.

“Godfather,” Buffy looked Will’s father in his deep, blue eyes. “About Riley Finneous, or Finn, as I knew him in his human form? He is a fool, grant it, however, he is strong, Godfather. Very strong, in many ways.”

She looked over at Will, who was just seething with jealousy by now. “He’s a fucking ponce,” William hissed pulling Buffy to him. “I’ll pull his cock from his body and beat his stupid head senseless with it! If he touches my mate or my son…”

“Let her speak,” Marcus grumbled at his eldest son, “think with your head boy. Not with your dick!”

Spike hung his head in humiliation, “yes Father,” he mumbled as he held his warm Buffy to his own, cool body.

“Riley,” Buffy began again, more then frustrated with Will by now. “He was a soldier, when he was human,” she continued carefully. “When he was turned? Who do you think he first thought of to turn, for minions, I mean?”

Buffy scrunched her brows and looked, meaningfully at Marcus. Then, she looked back up at her Will, her eyes full of fear.

“Fellow soldiers?” Connor Aurileous offered quickly.

“Yes,” Buffy responded, seriously. “Riley picked the strongest and most lethal humans to turn first. They were killers to begin with. They will be formidable foes now.”

“You side with us?” Marcus asked quietly, even though he already knew the Slayer’s answer.

“Yes, Godfather,” Buffy nodded firmly. “Even if my son was not an Aurileous, I do side with your family. I have my reasons, many reasons. But for now, just know that I am with you and your family. With my son’s family.”

“I have to get inside,” Buffy stated with a shiver at the cool night air. “I have work tomorrow. Goodnight Godfather, Will, all of you.” She turned and hurried into the house, never looking back.

The six male vampires stared at the front door of the Summers’ house. Five of them realized that they would never be ‘invited’ into that house, formerly that is.

“As I said, son,” Marcus finally broke the silence, “your Buffy will make an amazing mate for you. And,” he continued, “an amazing vampire.”

“Yes,” Spike nodded, still dazed by the earlier events. “She is my ‘soulmate’ father.”

“Truly,” Marcus agreed with a shake of his fair head. “I suggest you claim her first, my son, then turn her, only when it’s absolutely necessary.”

“That’s what I plan, Father,” Spike took a step in the direction of the Summers’ house. The blond vampire stared, longingly up at Buffy’s bedroom.

“I will claim my Buffy, first. My son will follow suit, of course. When it is time,” Spike added in a hushed tone, “I will turn Buffy into one of us, truly. Just as you did my mother, Father.”

Spike spun about and headed up to the front door of the Buffy’s home. He easily slipped into the residence, much to the amazement of his fellow vampires.


A/N: This was a hard, hard chapter to write. I wanted to be real sarcastic and snarky, but couldn’t quite pull it off. I’ve been out of town, but I’m back and now I need to finish off Na Grach Croi and A Murder In Sunnydale. Next, it’s another fantasy fic…

Thanks for reading, please review. Tell me what you like? What you hate? Just tell me for heaven’s sake! Luv, Spuf
Chapter 8: 'Let Me? Please?' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA; LA FAMILIA

Chapter 8: ‘Let Me? Please?’


A/N: I’m responding to a question from a reviewer, Ash, here, because I can’t respond on the review site. It’s about the character of ‘Marcus’ Aurileous.

Truthfully, I don’t remember ever seeing this name (for a character) used in the actual show of BTVS/ATS. I have seen it a few times in fictions and I do wonder if it’s not because of the origin of the name ‘Marcus’ itself?

Marcus ‘Aurelius’ (proper spelling) is actually a Roman historical name. In the movie ‘The Gladiator’ R. Crowe served Emperor Marcus when he was a General. Commodus was Marcus’s evil son, who betrayed Russell Crowe’s character. I used the Marcus because in BTVS/ATS everyone was always going on about being an Aurelius line of vampire. I just spelled the last name differently. Other then that? I really don’t know why I picked it. Anyone have any ideas? Was Marcus ever used in the show?

Well, I’ve gone and done it again…written an A/N that’s nearly as long as the chapter! Thank you for your interest.


Buffy stripped off her clothes and climbed into the huge tub that occupied her own, private bathroom. She sank deep down into the warm, bubbly water and sighed in ‘almost’ relaxed contentment.

“Stupid vampires,” she grumbled as she hoisted her leg up and began to scrub with her fave loofa sponge. “I hate…”

“Hate who?” Spike chuckled from the doorway as he perused his ‘girl’ in the tub.

“Get out!” Buffy hissed, less angry sounding then she would have liked. “Get out of my house!”

“Tsk tsk, sweetheart,” Spike cooed as he began to strip off his clothes and saunter over to the tub. “Is that any way to talk to your mate?”

“You are so not my mate, William!” Buffy growled as she submerged her naked body into the water, hoping the bubbles might cover her nudity.

“Uhm, sorry pet,” Spike murmered as he kneeled by the tub and ran his cool hand into the warm water. He tried to capture some of Buffy’s naked flesh, but alas, she alluded him. For the moment anyway.

“However,” he continued, seriously, “you ‘are’ truly my mate. We have a son together. Remember?” Spike smirked, openly at Buffy, who was now a deep shade of red. Whether it was from anger, embarrassment or even lust, Spike wasn’t quite sure. He only knew that it delighted him.

“You are so fucking full of yourself William,” Buffy hissed as she dunked her blond head under the warm water. If nothing else, just to escape, just to escape Will’s damn smirky smile, or his deep, blue eyes, or his deep, timber tinged voice or… Apparently, this little maneuver would prove to be something she should not have done. She realized this, much later, of course.

Spike took this prime opportunity to slip into Buffy’s massive tub and pin her lower body with his own naked one. He held her down, with his hips and wrapped his strong arms about her slim arms and back.

He was rewarded with an indignant Slayer whose lovely head burst from the warm water. Buffy was splashing, spluttering and swearing like a sailor as she struggled to push Spike from her.

“Get the fuck off of me!” Buffy squealed in anger as she pushed at William, yet again. “What do you think I am? A damned piece of property? You come back here,” she hissed as she pushed and pushed at him, to no avail. “You come back and just assume I’ll be waiting, with open arms and legs, obviously,” she finally snorted and gave up the battle..

Buffy slouched back against the tub tile and scrunched up her brows, a huge pout on her lips. Out of sheer frustration at this impossible situation, she did the only thing she could think of to do, at the moment, anyway. She burst into tears.

“Oh, fuck, Buffy,” Spike began to groan softly, his expression one of severe guilt, “don’t start with the tears. I can’t take your tears, Princess. Please.”

Apparently, this was just the ‘ticket’ Buffy was looking for, because she began to sob, nearly wail and followed Will’s suit. She wrapped her arms about his wet, cool body and buried her face into his shoulder.

“You don’t love me,” Buffy sobbed, barely coherant. “You just came back here to claim our son and kick the shit out of Riley Finn’s clan. You just…”

“That’s not true, baby,” Spike cooed into his love’s little ear. “I always wanted you, wanted to come back for you. Love you so much, baby,” he added, kissing the tip of her nose. “It’s like I said, earlier, just found out about little James. Had no idea until a few days ago that we had a son together.”

He snuggled Buffy closer to him, unaware, for the moment, that he was being played like a Stradivarius violin. Buffy, however was not so deluded. The Slayer knew exactly what affect her tears could have on William and she had used them more then once before to work things her own way.

“Then you’d let me make the choice,” Buffy whined softly, running her well manicured right index finger down the back of Will’s well muscled neck. She allowed her tears to dry up, just a tad that is. “Let me decide if I want to be claimed or not, baby,” she added in a near whisper, just for more effect.

“I know, but,” Will whimpered in response, as he nuzzled Buffy’s warm neck. “ But, I, I couldn’t take it Buffy. If you decided not to let me claim you as mine, truly. I would just wither up and die. Walk out into the sun, blow away like dust in the wind and…”

“What’s going on in here?” came the concerned voice of a worried mother. Both Spike and Buffy gasped and turned to look at the bathroom doorway.

Joyce Summers stood in her daughter’s bathroom door, a look of shock on her usually passive face. The older woman shook her head, in disbelief, when she realized just who was laying on top of her daughter. Fortunately, for everyone, William’s whole lower body was still submerged underneath the water and bubbles of the bath.

Still, both Buffy and Will blushed bright red from the embarrassment. No small feat, really, for a vampire to blush that is.

“William?” Joyce Summers gasped, momentarily stunned by the return of her daughter’s lover.

“Hello Joyce,” Spike smiled up, from over the tub’s ledge. He carefully kept his lower body hidden under the soapy water, as he tried to keep Buffy pinned beneath him.

“Why are you here,” Joyce sighed in exasperation. “Wait,” she quickly added, her right hand raised up to stop him from answering. “Don’t even answer that. Especially if it’s to get my oldest daughter knocked up again. I love James but…and by the way,” the mother scowled, “I thought vampires couldn’t sire children? What the hell happened with that?”

“Mom!” Buffy squealed loudly, trying again to gain her freedom from Will’s weight. “Can you just leave and go back to bed,” she continued with a whine. “I’ll handle Will, or Spike as he seems to be called now. Just go back to bed, you’ll wake James and Dawnie. Please. I’ll talk this all out with you, tomorrow. Or should I say, later tonight?”



“Well, all right, Buffy,” Joyce grimmaced and turned to leave. “But if you ‘handle’ him like the last time? We’ll be out buying new baby items in a few months and frankly, I’m not up to that again.”

Joyce growled something like, ‘goodnight’ and ‘welcome back’ William. Then disappeared down the hallway to her room.

“Asshole!” Buffy grumbled, flipping both her and Will around until she was on top. She made another attempt to struggle out of Will’s grasp, but again, he succeeded in holding her firm.

“You always did like to be on top, baby,” Spike murmered with a naughty smirk as he began to fondle Buffy’s tight little bottom.

“Let me go,” she ordered as she struggled even more to be free of him.

“Never,” he countered and pulled her head down to crush their lips together in a bruising kiss. Buffy ‘allowed’ him to kiss her, passionately, for a moment or two. (Okay, she kissed him back but she had to tell herself this was all so one way! His way!)

She pulled back from him, trying to ignore the hurt look in his amazing blue eyes. “Will,” she whispered, truly wanting to go back to the kissing thingy, but knowing this just wasn’t the right time or place for it.

“I’ve got a mother, down the hall,” Buffy mumbled, trying to explain to her apparently soon to be lover, again. “A younger sister next door to my mom and our son in my room, just across from this bathroom. We so can’t do this now. Please try and understand, baby,” she nuzzled her forhead against his, again, trying to ignore those indigo eyes of his.

‘Don’t pout,’ Buffy prayed silently, ‘please don’t give me the William’s hurt pout or I’ll just…’

Spike pulled out his last card. The ‘William’s’ feelings are hurt pout. It had always been his ace up his sleeve where Buffy was concerned. However, this time? He wasn’t so sure it would work.

Buffy was looking at him, just like she used to, Spike noticed, quite pleased with himself. ‘She’s so gonna’ give in,’ he thought smugly, ‘I’ve won.’ He tried not to show his satisfaction, too much, that is. Which was hard, considering his cock was extremely hard itself right now and there was no way his Buffy would miss that!

“Ooohhhh, you,” Buffy hissed, under her breath and smashed her lips back up against Will’s pouty ones. ‘Oh, hell,’ she gasped to herself as their tongues dueled together, ‘might as well just give up, give in and get…’

Their pleasant activities were harshly interrupted by a loud crash and following that, a huge commotion in the Summers’ front living room, downstairs.

“Oh for God’s sake,” Buffy growled, “what now?”

She pulled back from Will, who was completely into their previous activity and tried to pull her back down. Giving him the ‘evil’ Buffy eye, she scrambled out of the tub and grabbed her robe, lying on the vanity table’s little chair. (I always manage to get a vanity table in there, huh?)

“Buffy,” Spike growled in warning from behind her. He had slipped out of the tub and grabbed a huge towel to cover his lower body. “Dammit, Buffy,” he grumbled, loudly, as he followed his soon to be ‘lover’ out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

Spike heard Buffy curse, lowly, under her breath and finally caught sight of just what had caused the ‘commotion’ in the living room.

Rupert Giles, who was obviously drunk out of his mind, was stretched out, kind of, on his backside. Xander Harris was stooped over the old man, trying his best to help him up. Giles was rambling on, or slurring on, actually, about ‘prophecies’ and vampire clans.

“Xander,” Buffy sighed loudly, causing the young man to glance up at her and the half dressed Spike. “What the hell are you two doing here? Now?”

“Oh, shit!” Xander yelped, loosening the hold he had on poor Giles. The Watcher slipped back down to the floor, exclaiming ‘bloody hell’ as his head hit the carpet, yet again.

“You are back!” Xander exclaimed in horror as he scowled at the bleached blond vampire.

“He is back!” Xander repeated to Giles, who was staring at the dark haired younger man as if he had two heads.

“No shit,” Xander, Giles hissed in exasperation, shocking everyone in the room. Giles rarely swore, everyone knew that.

“Him and his whole family are here, aren’t they ‘Spike’ Aurileous,” Giles drunkenly grinned like a loon at the Master vampire. This just convinced both Buffy and Spike that the Watcher was truly three sheets to the wind.

“That would be correct, Watcher,” Spike smirked at the old man, lying flat on his back. He tried not to grin at the sight. The truth was, Spike was almost happy to see Rupert Giles as he had always rather admired the older British human.

‘Until he helped run me out of Sunnydale three years ago,’ Spike thought, just a little miffed again.

“You don’t belong here Bleach Boy,” Xander hissed with a great hostility. “You’re not needed here, now or ever.”

“Listen whelp,” Spike began as he started to close the gap between himself and this jealous little twerp of human.

Buffy somehow got between the two ‘men’ and shoved both of them further apart. She glanced, warningly up at Will, then glared at Xander.

“I will decide if William belongs here or not Xander Harris,” she hissed at her friend of years and years. “If you remember right, it was not my idea to ‘run’ him off in the first place. It was yours,” she glared again at Xander, then down at Giles. “And yours, along with that worthless Council you work for,” she added with a frown.

Spike couldn’t help it, he grinned again and sidled up to Buffy, wrapping his arms possessively about her tiny waist. The vampire smirked, happily at Harris, especially when the pesky boy gave him another angry scowl.

“Buffy,” Xander began, “he’s evil. Did you know that he is really an…”

“Aurileous, yes, Xander,” Buffy snorted, “I know. He told me, in fact, I met pretty much the whole family. Tonight, just a while ago. Too bad you guys didn’t show up earlier. Could have been a real hoot of a family reunion. Right on my front lawn at…”

“Sunrise is coming,” Spike broke in to Buffy’s rant as he looked outside of the window. “We’ve got to get you to bed, sweet. And me too,” he cooed into Buffy’s ear, loud enough for both Xander and Giles to hear. If Giles was ‘hearing’ anything at the present. The old man looked like he was almost passed out.

“You’re not staying here, William,” Xander hissed and clenched his meaty hands into fists.

“Yes, Xander, he is staying here,” Buffy countered firmly. “It’s none of your business where my son’s father sleeps, period. You on the other hand, will go home to your girlfriend, Cordelia and explain why you’re out this late, away from her. That should be interesting. Giles will sleep on the couch,” the Slayer continued, eyeing her Watcher carefully. “Or maybe I’ll just throw a blanket over him and leave him there. Obviously,” she continued, “my surrogate father knew exactly who James’ father really was, right from the start and never felt the need to tell me.”

Buffy was terribly upset by this new betrayal by Giles, even though she tried to cover it with quips and sarcasm. To think that Giles must have known, all along that William was an Aurileous? And not tell her, the mother of an Aurileous Family male?

Even more then that, she was still angry and resentful that her so called friends and the Council had insisted that she send William away years before. It hadn’t been fair then, to either her or William and it certainly was not going to happen again.

After Xander left, in a self-righteous huff, and Buffy threw a blanket over poor Giles? She headed up the stairs to ‘her’ room, with Will following right behind.


“We need to talk,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear as he followed her back upstairs to her bedroom. The one his son now shared with her. “About the ‘claim’ and a lot of things,” he added, seriously. He kept his hands, firmly holding onto Buffy’s waist as he allowed her to lead him into the room.

“Yes,” Buffy sighed, wearily, “we definitely need to talk, Will. But not tonight. Or this morning as the case may be,” she mumbled as she headed to her bed. It was a bed that brought back such fond memories for Spike and he tried to control his desire to just fling Buffy on it, rip off the robe and take her in more ways then one.

“I’m tired, William,” Buffy snapped, a little too harshly, even for her taste. “I need to go to work, early, and we can’t wake Jimmy.”

She glanced over at her soundly sleeping child, his fair curly head was dearly resting on his little pillow. Buffy felt tiny tears of ‘something’ begin to slip from her green eyes.

‘Exhaustion?’ she wondered briefly to herself. ‘Confusion? Hurt from the past?’ she continued her inner conversation. ‘Why exactly am I crying, for the thousandth time, over William the Bloody? Oh, yeah,’ she responded silently, ‘because I loved him. Still do and I want him. I always will,’ she admitted in defeat.

“I told you,” he mumbled with an authoritive tone, “that you will quit that fucking job. I will take care of you and James from now on, Princess,” he added, his mouth set in a firm, stern line.

“Yeah,” Buffy snorted, cruelly, “because you’ve done such a good job so far?”

“That’s not fair, baby,” Spike whispered quietly, glancing at their sleeping son. “I wanted to stay, forever, with you. It was you, not…”

“It was not me, okay!” Buffy hissed, “it was them,” she pointed to the door of the bedroom. “Giles, Xander, the others, the Council. They ‘made’ me send you away, William. I wanted…”

“Wanted what?” he purred as she pulled Buffy close to his body, pressed his forehead to hers. “What did you want, sweetheart?”

“You,” Buffy answered simply. “I wanted you.”

“And I want you,” Spike echoed, “always. Don’t you still want me, Buffy?” he asked somberly, his head tilted to one side. “Like I want you?”

“Yes,” Buffy answered, tentively, “but I want you to give me a choice, Will.” She averted her green eyes from his blue-eyed gaze. “Let ‘me’ decide if and when I let you claim me? Please?”




A/N: Kind of ended this chapter on a quiet note, just to introduce some other characters into the plotline.

The questions now are: 1)Will Buffy allow Spike to ‘claim’ her, officially? 2) Will Giles and Xander allow Spike to stick around, without interfering? 3) And, just where in the heck is Spike going to sleep ‘today’? Tee hee…

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 9: 'Bound By Duty?' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 9: ‘Bound By Duty?’


Spike ended up on Buffy’s bedroom floor, for the rest of the morning time that is. Before he’d fallen off to sleep, the Master Vampire whispered to his mate who lay on her bed.

“I’m back, Buffy, forever. Get used to it. I’ll sleep here, tonight, that is. On this cold, lonely, bloodly awful floor that you’ve banished me to. But when it’s time, Princess,” Spike growled with his bravado, “you and I ‘will’ be mated, officially.”

“Go to sleep, William,” Buffy whispered to her vampire, wearily. “I have to go to work later today, you know that. Close your eyes, vampire and sleep the sleep of evil demons. Our son is just feet away from us now. I’m trusting you, for now, but Will?” Buffy murmered lowly.

“What, luv?” Spike asked in a low, hushed tone.

“While you’re in Sunnydale, you and your family? Please, don’t feed on innocents. I’m begging you Will, for me. For our son? If you have to feed, which I know you do, then please, please feed on criminals. On the bad guys? Otherwise…”

Spike flinched at his love’s request. He sighed, deeply and whispered, so his precious, sleeping son could not hear.

“I can’t promise, for my father, my brothers. But as for me? I promise Buffy, sweet. If I feed from a human, he’ll deserve the fate he gets. Promise Buffy.”

“Thank you,” Buffy replied in a hushed voice. “I don’t want to stake you, Will,” she added sadly. “You or your family. Please talk to them, make them understand?”

“I’ll try,” Spike cooed as he reached up to the bed and took Buffy’s tiny hand in his. “Sleep,” he whispered to his mate, “I’m here Princess. I’ll never leave you, or our son again.”

“Don’t take our son from me,” Buffy murmered, sleepily as she turned to her side and faced William. Even though he lay on the floor, Buffy could feel his presence, as if he was in bed with her.

“Promise me,” Buffy whispered with a heavy yawn. “Don’t take away my precious boy.”

“Never,” Spike responded softly. “I’ll never take our son from you, Princess,” he repeated. “Love you both too much to hurt you like that.” The vampire noticed that his ‘Princess’ was now sound asleep.

Spike fell asleep like that, soon after his Princess. The Slayer and the Master Vampire, together, but seperated by bed and floor. However, when Spike awoke in the morning? His hand and Buffy’s were still entwined together, even if Spike was on the floor and his mate was on her bed.

Spike got up first and stumbled down the stairs of the Summers’ house. He walked into the kitchen, blinking away his sleep as he looked around him.

“The orange juice is in the fridge,” Joyce Summers greeted her grandson’s father, from her chair. “Buffy won’t be up, for a while, but then, maybe you know that better then me?”

“I slept on the floor, Joyce,” Spike replied with a yawn. “Buffy slept in her virginal little bed and I crashed on the floor next to it. Nothing happened,” Spike sighed sadly.

“Oh,” Joyce whispered and resumed the task of reading her morning paper.

“How’s the gallery,” Spike asked with genuine interest. “Everything going according to plan?”

“I guess,” Joyce shrugged herself, “as far as the fund raising, or anything? We’re doing fine at the Sunnydale Gallery of the Arts.”

“Good,” Spike grunted as he flopped onto a breakfast bar stool. The vampire leaned back, forgetting that the stool didn’t have anything to lean back onto.

“Fuck!” Spike cried as he caught himself before he tumbled backwards onto the kitchen floor. “I…”

“William!” Dawn Summers squealed loudly as she ran from the ktichen door to where Spike sat, somewhat.

The dark-haired, little sister of Spike’s love, Buffy, threw herself into his arms.

“I’m so glad you’re back,” Dawn whispered as she hugged Spike tightly. “Just tell me you’re going to stay? Claim my idiot sister and watch over James?”

“I want to, Bit,” Spike sighed as he patted Dawn’s dark head, warmly. “But your big sis has other ideas and…”

“What other ideas?” Buffy mumbled as she stumbled into the kitchen and headed for the refrigerator. “What’s this about, then?” The blond woman cocked a raised brow at William and pulled the orange juice out of the fridge.

Spike noticed that Buffy wore some ridiculous looking outfit, some red and white striped get up, topped off by a horribly embarrassing hat. Apparently, it was the uniform his mate had to wear to work. At this Double Meat Palace place.

“I’ve got to go up, get Jimmy,” Buffy yawned. “I’m going to be late if I don’t get going. Spike,” she glared at her son’s father. “Do me a favor? Don’t kill off half of the Sunnydale population today, huh?”

“Wouldn’t think of it, luv,” Spike chuckled. “Especially since me or my family can’t go out in the daylight. Remember?”

Spike winked at Joyce and Dawn, then dropped his voice to a whisper. “Not that ‘we’ have a problem with taking out half of Sunnyhell’s population, but…”

For some reason, Joyce and Dawn Summers broke out into sadistic laughter. This pissed Buffy off more then anything and the blond Slayer snorted in contempt.

“Oh, that’s it,” Buffy hissed at her mother and sister, “play along with this cold blooded murderer. I’m the Slayer but just take his side, won’t you?”

“Buffy, pet,” Spike purred, “we were only joshing, nothing more. I promise and…”


“I’m going to be late,” Buffy snapped at Will. “I’m going to wake up Jimmy and get him ready for day care. You all sit around here and yuck it up all you want. I’ve got things to do, places to go and people (demons) to see.”

Buffy stormed up the stairs to her bedroom, never looking behind at her mother, sister or her son’s father.

“Don’t think so,” Spike mumbled as he picked up the phone in the Summers’ kitchen. “Bit,” Spike looked at Dawn, “give me the Double Meat Palace number?”

“805-939-0666,” Dawn reeled off as if she knew it by heart.

“Thanks, Bit,” Spike smiled at his love’s sister. “Yes,” Spike began very professional like. “I am calling in for Buffy Summers. She won’t be in today, or ever again for that matter,” Spike continued with a wink at Joyce and Dawn.

After Spike had hung up the phone, Joyce hurried over to him and hugged him, tightly. “I always hated that job for my Buffy,” Joyce whispered softly. “She’s better then that, don’t you think William?”

“I know,” Spike nodded, smugly. “I’m here, now, Joyce,” the vampire assured his future mother-in-law. “I won’t let Buffy or James down, not anymore, anyway.”

“Daddy!” James squealed when he spied his father, the great Master Vampire, sitting in his Grammy’s kitchen. “I thought you might leave,” the little boy said, his dark brows scrunched together.

Buffy carried her son, James William, into the kitchen and tried to ignore the little group that sat there. She opened the nearest cabinet and pulled out a box of cereal, then went to the fridge and got a carton of milk.

“Daddy’s here, Jimmy,” Buffy mumbled, just a tad too frustrated for Spike. “But we’re almost late, honey,” she added as she plopped her son in his chair. “Eat up, sweetie,” Buffy patted James’ blond head and shot her mother, sister and her ex-lover the look of death.

After pouring James his cereal and milk, Buffy poured herself a cup of coffee. She jumped up onto the kitchen counter and tried to ignore the others, except Jimmy of course, while she sipped at her hot liquid.

“Are you going to stay, Daddy?” James asked in his little voice, virtually breaking Spike’s unbeating heart. “You won’t leave, right Daddy?” the little man asked again, his blue eyes wide with confusion.

“No, James,” Spike assured his son as he reached out and ran his cool left hand down the boy’s cheek. “I’m never going to leave you or your Mummy again.”

“Hmph,” Buffy snorted from her place on the counter. “That remains to be seen,” the blond Slayer hissed as she hopped off the counter and tossed her cup into the sink.

“Buffy?” Joyce Summers broke into the the couple’s little ‘battle’ with each other. “What the heck is Giles doing in my front living room? Passed out on our floor?” The older woman scowled at her daughter.

“He’s just visiting mom,” Buffy countered with a smirk. “Old Giles got pretty wasted last night. Showed up here with Xander and made a complete ass out of himself. What could I do?” Buffy shrugged, “I had to give the old boy a place to sleep, right?”

“I guess,” Joyce replied, a little unsure of her daughter’s explaination.

“Well,” Buffy sighed loudly, “I’m off. James needs to get to day care and I need to get to work.”

“Uhm, Princess?” Spike began, carefully. “About your job?” he continued evenly. “There’s no rush, believe me. Actually,” Spike added with a smirk, “you won’t have to worry, about the Double Meat Palace or any half-assed job from now on. I took care of everything and…”

“What!” Buffy screeched at the top of her lungs. “What do you mean, no half-assed job?” she asked in disbelief. “What did you do, Will,” she hissed as she closed the gap between her and James’ father.

“ I called and told that ponce of a boss of yours that you quit,” Spike nodded firmly. “I’m here now, Buffy,” he grinned at his girl, “you don’t need some lousy job to support our son and yourself. Once I’ve claimed you…”

“Ahhhgggg!” Buffy screamed at the top of her lungs. She immediately felt guilty when she saw her young son flinch in terror.

“Mummy,” James sniffed, his blue eyes beginning to fill with tears.

“Mummy’s fine, honey,” Buffy whispered to her son as she picked him up from his chair. “I’m just tired, baby,” Buffy assured the boy. She shot William a nasty glare and began to hurry towards the kitchen door.

“Why leave?” Spike asked with just a tad of snark. “You have no where to go, right?”

“Shut up, Will,” Buffy hissed at her ex. “I have a lot of places to go and…”

“Don’t tell Daddy to shut up, please Mommy?” James whimpered in Buffy’s arms.

“I’m sorry, honey,” Buffy rasped as she held her son tightly, to her. “Daddy makes Mummy mad sometimes. I can’t help it.”

“Is it because he’s a big bad vampire, Mama?” James asked, his blue eyes filled with confusion.

“Yes, no, maybe, oh Jimmy,” Buffy sighed in exasperation, “I don’t know. I sometimes wonder myself why your Daddy irritates me so.”

“I’m part vampire, right, Mama?” James asked, his head tilted to one side.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered softly, “you are, Jimmy.”

“But you don’t yell at me, right Mama?” Jimmy asked, his blue eyes filled with confusion.

“Buffy, honey,” Joyce interjected quickly, “why don’t I stay at home, with Jimmy today. You and William talk, try and settle some things. We can all eat supper tonight, together?” Joyce offered the ‘olive branch’ trying to bring some peace and tranquility to the household.

“Supper sounds great, Mom,” Buffy replied, sarcastically, “especially if we’re having steak tartar. Or blood on a platter!” The Slayer shook her head and handed her mother Jimmy. Before anyone could say another word, Buffy stormed out of the back door and into the Summers’ garage.

Just seconds later, the group in the kitchen heard the roar of Buffy’s pink Mustang, gearing up and screeching out of the driveway.

“I suppose this isn’t a good time for me to follow her?” Spike asked with a raised left brow.

“No, I don’t suppose,” Joyce answered quietly. “You’ll fry like a potatoe, as soon as you leave this house. Right now, anyway,” Joyce began to giggle loudly.

“Can we play together?” James asked, shyly, of his father. “While Mama is gone, can we play a game? Watch TV together?”

“Yes,” Spike murmered softly into his son’s ear as he took him from his grandmother. “We’ll watch TV, play a game or whatever you want, poppet. Let’s just spend some time together, shall we?”


Buffy was sitting in Willow Rosenberg’s apartment, biting her nails and chewing on her lower lip.

“He just shows up, after three years, Wills,” Buffy hissed as she sipped a glass of merlot. “Expects me to just fall into line, take him back and…”

Willow was less then thrilled that her best girlfriend, Buffy, was sipping wine at 11:30 AM. In her apartment. But this hinted to Willow that things were not of the great with Buffy Summers.

“Now wait a minute Buff,” Willow sighed as she sat next to her friend. “William was run out of town, right? It’s not like he had a choise to leave, or stay, did he? I know it wasn’t you that sent him away, not really, but, everyone else made sure he vamoosed. You really can’t blame the guy, William I mean, for leaving. I suppose it’s hard to stick around when ten or more angry citizens are chasing you with torches and stakes? Especially when the citizens’ group is being led by your girlfriend, the Slayer?”

“I had no choice in that, Willow,” Buffy pouted. “If I had not run William off? The Watcher’s Council would have, except they would have finished him off, for good.”

“I know,” Willow nodded her red head, “but try and look at it from your William’s point of view. He was sent away, three years ago, only to find out that the love of his unlife ‘you’ had given birth to his son. That’s harsh, honey, even for a vampire, right?”

“Right,” Buffy mumbled, reluctantly. “It’s just that he comes back now, tries to take control of my life. Of our son’s life. This is just not ‘me’ Willow. I can’t have some guy, man or vampire try and take over my life. Could you?”

“No,” Willow said firmly, “but then, I’m not the Slayer. And,” she continued seriously, “I’m not the mother of a vampire’s child. Especially a ‘mafia vampire’s’ son. This is big, Buff,” Willow stated somberly, “very big.”

“Yeah,” Buffy stammered nervously, “I know.”


“Do you love him, still,” Willow asked her best friend.

“Yes,” Buffy responded without hesitation. “I love William, desperately. But Spike Aurileous? I wonder.”


The day passed, quickly, and Spike entertained his son, James, with all of the best intentions. Joyce Summers stayed home from her job that day and looked in on Father and Son from time to time.

Dawn had school, so she had left, earlier, on the back of some boy’s Vespa bike. Once Giles had woken up, with a horrible hangover, Joyce had sent him on his merry way.

“Who’s that?” Spike had asked Joyce abruptly, when the blond young man had arrived to escort Dawn to school.

“That,” Joyce smiled at her grandson’s father, “is R.J., Dawnie’s kind of boyfriend.”

“Oh,” Spike said gruffly, thinking about his youngest brother, Connor and the boy’s feelings for Buffy’s sister. Spike knew that Connor would not appreciate this rival for his Dawn’s affection. That spelled trouble, really, especially since Connor could rip this R.J.’s head off at a moment’s notice.

Later, Spike put James down for a nap and headed back out to the kitchen to find Joyce. He did find her, sitting on a kitchen chair, looking out of a small garden window.

“Joyce,” Spike called to Buffy’s mum, “can we talk now? James is asleep and I need to talk to you. About my Buffy,” he said, almost shyly.

“Of course, William,” Joyce nodded and motioned for the vampire to sit down, across the table from her.

“Is she happy?” Spike blurted out, abruptly. “Is my Princess happy or at least content in her life?”

Joyce gave Spike a sorrowful look, then shook her head. “No, my daugher is not happy, or even content, William,” she replied. “How could she be? She’s bound by duty to a cause that she lost real interest in, long ago. Her heart says ‘leave’ but her conscious says ‘stay’ and how does anyone reconcile themselves to that?”

“Am I her heart,” Spike asked, his voice in a soft whisper.

“You’ve always been her heart, William,” Joyce answered honestly. “You, and now your son together. If you ask me? My daughter would gladly throw all of her earthly, Slayer duties aside and run off to anywhere she could with you and James. But,” Joyce sighed heavily, “please don’t ever tell her that I said this.”


Buffy, who was still at Willow’s apartment, finally picked up her cell phone and speed dialed her house phone number. It was nearly 7:00 PM and Buffy was rather relieved when her mother, Joyce, answered the phone at the house.

“Hey, Mom,” Buffy greeted the older Summers woman. “I just wanted to check in, with you. About James. Everything okay?” Buffy asked, a little nervous by now.

‘What if William took off with James?’ Buffy wondered anxiously. “He never promised that he wouldn’t. What if? What if I shouldn’t have left and…’

“Everything’s fine honey,” Joyce eased Buffy’s worries. “William’s been here, all day and evening, with James. He’s being so good with him, honey. I mean, William’s the ultimate Daddy and…”

“Please, mom,” Buffy pleaded softly, “don’t you start with the merits of the Master Vampire Daddy and all. I don’t think I could take it. Okay,” Buffy continued all business like. “I’ll be home, about midnight. Please make sure Will is, no, make that Spike is gone when I get there. Let him run off, to the place where ‘mafia vamps’ go to get counsel.”

Joyce glanced, nervously at her grandson’s father, who was feeding James right now. The vampire frowned and then glared at the phone receiver in Joyce’s hand.

“Midnight, you say?” Joyce replied, lightheartedly. “Patrolling, dear?” the mother asked her daughter.

“Maybe,” Buffy spat, exasperated, “maybe not. Maybe I just have a date? Anyone think of that?” Buffy smirked to herself, knowing full well she had no date and more then likely would not have one. Ever.

“Date!” Joyce gasped out loud, without meaning to.

“Date!” Spike roared from his place by the kitchen table. “She fucking better not have a date or I’ll rip the bastard’s head off! When I find him that is.”

“William!” Joyce screeched loudly. “I won’t have that cursing in front of my grandson!”

“Sorry, Joyce,” Spike replied, contritely. “But if my soulmate is out wondering around Sunnydale, with some worthless whelp of a boy and…” Spike suddenly stopped, mid-sentence and leapt up from his chair.

“You’ll watch James, right?” Spike asked his Buffy’s mum.

“Of course, but…” Joyce was cut off by the whoosh of a vampire as he sailed past her. When William had reached the kitchen door, he turned and winked at his son.

“See you later, Jimmy,” he grinned at the boy. His clone.

“Bye daddy,” Jimmy responded, happy to know that there would be a later with his daddy.

“William,” Joyce called after her daughter’s soulmate, “take care. Don’t push Buffy too much, she just might ‘shove’ back!”


Buffy strolled along ‘Peaceful Slumber Lane’ the largest road in the Restfield Cemetary. She twirled a stake in her right hand and an axe in her left one.

“A hundred vampires hung out to fry; a hundred vampires hung. If one of the vampires happens to get staked? Ninety-nine vampires hung out to fry…”

“Cute tune,” came a deep, familiar voice, through the thick cemetary air. “Love the lyrics, but I’ll give it an ‘6’ cos’ it’s a bit hard to dance to?”

“Come out Riley,” Buffy hissed as she took her best vampire ass kicking stance. She turned to look behind her, only to find that her ‘vampdar’ had not disappointed. Riley Finn was not three yards from her back, to the right.

“Fancy meeting you here, Buff,” Riley chuckled evilly as he closed the gap between himself and the Slayer. “Of course,” he hesitated, his dark brows scrunched together, “since I followed you. Not much of a surprise, huh?”

“Let’s get this over with, Riley,” Buffy responded with a rather bored sigh. “Should I start? Or would you like the honors?” She smiled at him, rather smugly and flipped her old friend off, just for good measure.

“I’ll start,” came another, less familiar voice to the right of Buffy. The Slayer glanced over to see Riley’s old Initiative friend, Graham. Well, what was ‘left’ of Graham anyway, since old Riley had turned the young man, immediately.

“No,” came another raspy voice, this time to the left of Buffy, “let me start this dance with the Slayer.” Forrest, another of Riley’s old friends stepped out of the shadows and bared his demon visage.

“I’d love to ‘fang’ the little Slayer,” another vampire intoned as he stepped forward to reveal the once Captain of the Sunnydale High School football team, Gage Garrison.

“Only after I get a ‘bite’ at her,” Holden Webster snarled, amicably, as he stood next to Riley. “After all,” the dark haired ex-soccer player grinned, “I almost nailed sweet Buffy here. In our Freshman year. Remember Buff? It was Homecoming and…”

“Shut the fuck up!” Buffy hissed at the five vampires, together. She turned, quickly to take in the her five foes, at once.

“There will be no fanging, or anything else. As for Homecoming Holden? I believe I was pretty wasted at the time, otherwise, why would I even be seen with a punk like you?”

“Listen bitch,” Holden hissed as he neared Buffy, “you’ll need to be wasted by the time we’re finished with you. Right Riley?”

The dark haired vampire turned to face his leader. “Right Riley?” Holden asked again, a less harshly now.

“Don’t piss off my boys, Buff,” Riley advised with a sly smile. “As much as I want you for myself? Don’t think I won’t share you, if I have to.”

“Share this,” Buffy snarled as she flung her ‘special’ stake right at Gage’s unbeating heart. Her weapon hit home and the once human football hero fell to dust, before everyone’s eyes.

“Less to share with,” Riley shrugged as he closed the gap between him and Buffy. “Never liked the fuck anyway,” he glanced at the pile of ashes that was once his minion.

“Join us,” Riley ordered Buffy, gruffly. “Join us, willingly or we’ll take you. And your son.” The tall, fair haired vampire suddenly appeared right next to the Slayer.

Buffy was about to respond, snarkily, when she spied the huge, blood red ruby ring on Riley’s left ring finger. There was something about his ring, something familiar. Like she’d seen a picture of it, in one of Giles’ big books.

“It’ll go better for you,” Riley whispered into Buffy’s nearest ear. “If you come, willingly. I’ll not share you with anyone, sweetheart,” he purred. “Just trying to keep the troops in line. When I take you? You’ll be all mine, promise,” he finished with an evil laugh.

“Fuck off, Riley,” Buffy repeated as she spun about and kicked Riley in the head with her right foot. The big, lumbering vampire recovered, quickly, and slugged Buffy as hard as he could. The petite Slayer flew into a crypt wall and was dazed for a moment. Before a minute had passed, however, Buffy stood up and rushed Riley with all of her might.

Buffy countered with a roundhouse kick, to the side of Riley’s stupid big head, that sent the vampire flying. The Wu Tang Clan’s leader landed in a heap against a large tombstone.

“Still think I’ll be all yours, asshole?” Buffy screeched loudly as she ran at Riley and kicked him between the thighs, right in the middle of his vampire balls. She began to laugh, manically and shoved the vampire up against the tombstone, her tiny hands about his throat.

“Beg me,” Buffy hissed harshly, “beg me to spare you, asswipe. If you beg? I might just…”

“Might just what?” came the smooth, deep British voice of Spike Aurileous. “Might just let the fuckhead unlive?”

Buffy spun about and saw her William, standing in all of his vampire glory, his black leather duster billowed out about him. She had never seen anything so damn beautiful in her entire life.

“Will,” Buffy whispered in awe as she let go of Riley’s neck and stood up to greet her ‘mate’ with traitorous relief.

Just behind Will, Buffy saw his brothers, Angel and Connor, along with Charles Gunn, or what used to be the one time Scoobie. The four ‘male’ vampires looked at Buffy with such reverence and respect, that Buffy felt like crying.

“Step away from that fuck,” Spike ordered his woman, evenly. “No one talks to my mate with such disrespect,” he added angrily. “I’ll rip your balls off and shove them down your throat, boy,” Spike snarled at Riley.

“Damn, Spike,” Connor suddenly chimed in, “Buffy kicks ass!”

“That she does,” Spike chuckled proudly as he joined his ‘girl’ and glared at Riley. Spike leaned into the other vampire, intent on tearing the asshole, limb from limb.

“Spike!” Angel cried suddenly as Holden, Graham and Forrest attacked him from the side. The three Wu Tang’s had Angel trapped as they began to rip at the dark haired Aurileous.

“Angel,” Spike growled and the Master Vampire leapt twenty feet to capture the one they called Holden by his neck.

Buffy watched, mesmerized as her William ripped Holden from his brother, Angel, and tore the younger vampire’s head off in one fell swoop. If she hadn’t been so physically ill, for some reason, Buffy would have been damn proud of her Will.

“We’ll be back,” Riley hissed from behind Buffy and grabbed Graham, his apparent leiutenent. The Tang’s leader dragged the bewildered Graham with him as he fled from the scene.

“You’ve always been good at running,” Buffy whispered after Riley. Her disgust with her ex was apparent.

The Slayer turned to see Angel now ripping poor Forrest apart, leg by leg, arm by arm. Again, if she had not been so revolted, Buffy might have applauded.

The remaining Aurileous’ watched as Andrew, a mere fledgling fled after his leader and Graham, leaving them behind. Spike joined Buffy, by her side, once again and took her hand.

“Why?” he asked quietly as he stared into her lovely emerald eyes. “Why did you come out here? Alone and without me? I’m back, I told you that, why defy me and…”

“Defy you!” Buffy gasped loudly, ignoring the odd looks from William’s family and soldier. “Defy you?” she continued in disbelief.

“You come back here, after three years and…”

Before Buffy could say another word, Spike pulled her to him and crashed his lips down onto hers. This, apparently, shut the Slayer up, for a while anyway.

Angel and Connor, even Gunn watched with matching smirks as their older brother, the great Master Vampire, kissed Buffy the Vampire Slayer into oblivion. Even more interesting? Buffy kissed Spike back, equally into oblivion.

“Maybe this is how you ‘slay’ a Slayer?” Angel chuckled warmly as he watched his brother continue to kiss Buffy.

“Maybe,” Connor sighed, wistfully. “I just hope I can learn how to slay a Slayer’s sister.”

“They were always like this,” Charles Gunn piped up, his dark eyes filled with fond memories. “Spike and Buffy were always getting’ jiggy with each other. Too bad some dickheads from the Watcher’s Council had to go and fuck everything up for them.”


Buffy pulled away from William, still panting from his kisses. She glanced at the remaining three ‘good vampires’ (and she thought this term, loosely) warily.

Spike frowned in loss of contact with his mate and he tried to pull Buffy even closer to him. “Mine,” he hissed as he bent his head to take in his woman’s lips, just one more time. For now anyway.

“Maybe,” Buffy purred seductively as she slid past her William and stood in front of Angel, Connor and Gunn.

“Where is your father,” Buffy asked Angel with as much bravado as a Master Vampire. It was important that she speak with Marcus, as soon as possible.

“In his lair,” Angel offered, reluctantly, giving only the most basic information. “If you want,” Angel grinned at the little blond Slayer, “I’ll take you there?”

“William will take me there,” Buffy answered firmly. “Tomorrow that is. For tonight? I”ve got a son to attend to. Well,” she continued, almost shyly, “I mean Will and I have a son to attend to.” She glanced at her ‘white knight’ vampire, bashfully.

Spike grinned at his brothers and his minion as he took Buffy by the hand. He began to walk off, headed towards the house on Revello Drive.

“Buffy,” Connor called out softly, “can I meet Dawn?” the youngest Aurileous asked, almost shyly.

Buffy turned about and looked at the shaggy haired young vampire. The poor guy was almost blushing from embarrassment at his request.

Something in Connor’s mannerisms reminded Buffy of three years before. When William had come to Sunnydale and approached her for the first time.

“I’ll see,” Buffy responded quietly to the young demon. “It’s up to Dawnie, after all,” she finished.

“See you tomorrow,” Spike barked back at his brothers and friend. He held fast to Buffy’s hand and strode off to Revello Drive and their son.


A/N: I’m really confused here. I am not sure if I should continue this or not? Well, thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf

(PS Oh, can you guess what the ring is?)
Chapter 10: 'Light and Salvation' by spufette
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 10: ‘Light and Salvation’


When you’re a Vampire/Demon Slayer, such as Buffy Summers, it’s hard to ‘think about or plan’ your future. Your life, sad to say, usually comes with an expiration date. However, Buffy was somewhat of an exception to that rule.

She had lived past her twentieth birthday and even mothered a child. With a Master Vampire no less! Buffy was, was at present, and would always be an exception in the Slayer game.

Right now, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was trying her hardest to deter her son’s father from groping her. In all the right places, that is.

“Stop it!” Buffy hissed in frustration as she pushed Spike’s roaming hands away from her. “Get your damn hands off of me, William,” she mumbled, turning the key into the lock of the Summers’ front door.

“Make me,” Spike retorted, with a smirk. “Put those tiny, powerful hands on me, Slayer. Throw my hot, taut, muscular body into the street. Or can you?”

Spike continued to smirk and raised his left, scarred brow in a suggestive manner. He began to run his hands over Buffy’s body, grasping her anywhere he could.

“Fuck you,” Buffy hissed again as she strode into her house and threw her jacket onto the living room couch.

“Well, since you’re askin’ sweet,” Spike chuckled as she crept up behind her and grabbed her around her waist.

“Ooohhhhh!” Buffy huffed and struggled against Will. Her body was flushed and hot from this new dance that they were performing.

“Give into me,” Spike purred, seductively, into Buffy’s warm ear. “Give into me, Princess and be happy, just for once. Shirk your earthly duties and be in Heaven with me, Buffy,” he whispered in a low, husky voice.

“I can’t,” Buffy sighed sadly, going limp in his strong arms. “I can’t do anything but fight, Will. It’s all I know.”

Spike felt his dead heart break at the sorrow in his love’s voice, her stance of defeat in his arms. He hated this part of Buffy’s world, her Slayer part. Once it had drawn him to her, like a moth to the flame. But when he’d let her whole female, womanly personna envelope him? Spike was overcome with a sense of love, devotion and protection for his mate, his girl, his Buffy.

“I can give you the world, Buffy,” Spike murmered into her ear, once again. “Let me, give you the world, baby,” he began to nuzzle her neck with his lips.

“Will,” Buffy whispered, in a daze, her eyes half closed in desire, “I want…”

“Want what,” he asked her, although he really knew full well what she truly wanted. They were mated, Buffy and Spike were, together. No human world could ever come between them, ever. Even if he, Spike, had not completely claimed Buffy, which he would in time, she was still his mate. Completely, and he was hers.

“I want you,” Buffy murmered as she lay her golden head back against Will’s strong chest. “I need you, Will,” she added with a whimper.

Spike wasted no time in spinning his mate about and bringing her, full flush against his body. He began to kiss her with all of the pent up passion he had held for the last three years.

“Mine,” he growled as he peppered her face, neck and chest with hot, sweet kisses. “You are mine,” he repeated fiercely.

“Yours,” Buffy rasped as she allowed her vampire to kiss her, bring her legs up and around his waist. “I’ve always been yours,” she admitted with a raspy pant.

Spike backed Buffy to the stairs and tried to carry her up to her room. He was disappointed when Buffy cried out in disapproval.

“No!” Buffy yelped, trying to keep her voice down. She so did not want to wake the others sleeping in the household, especially their son, James.

“Jimmy,” she explained to the confused vampire, “he’s asleep. In my room, Will,” she finished with a blush.

“Right,” Spike replied, a bit ashamed that he’d forgotten about his son, sound asleep with his Sesame Street Count doll in his bed. What was about to take place was not proper for their two-year-old son to witness, by accident, that is.

“Couch!” both Buffy and Spike ‘shouted’ in unison.

Carrying his prize to the couch, Spike lay her down on it, then covered her body with his. He glanced about, to make sure they were unobserved, completely, and began to kiss Buffy again.

The afghan that Joyce’s mother, Elizabeth Tyree, had crochetted was quickly pulled over the vampire and his mate. By Buffy, of course.

“Get naked, in less then sixty seconds, Mister,” Buffy ordered with a chuckle, “or I’ll change my mind and…”

She was cut off by Will’s fierce kisses and his wonderful, cool hands all over her body.

‘This,’ Buffy thought to herself with satisfaction, ‘is Heaven.’

Spike began to strip down, as fast as he could, under the circumstances. After he was bare assed naked, he undressed Buffy, quickly.

Surveying his love, his Buffy, Spike thought, ‘this is as near to Heaven as I will ever get.’

Making sure that they were under the cloak of the afghan, once again, Spike didn’t hesitate. He thrust into Buffy and began to pump in and out of her, slowly.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy sighed in pleasure as her mate ‘danced’ with her, agonizingly slowly. “I’ve missed you so,” she whispered huskily, tiny tears of joy, perhaps, seeping from her green eyes.

“I’ve missed you. I love you so much,” Spike rasped, with an even more husky tone, “God Buffy, I’ll just die without you now. Please don’t send me away again,” he nearly whimpered with need as he thrust into Buffy, harder then before.

“I’ll never send you away again, baby,” Buffy replied with a sweet, soft whimper of her own. She wrapped her slim arms about her ‘man’ and held onto him, fast.

He began to pummel into Buffy, trying hard not to give into his demon and claim her. Spike truly wanted Buffy to ask him to claim her, or at least give a sign that she wanted him to.

“Mine,” he growled wildly, slamming into his woman with such a force that the couch began to thump on the floor beneath it.

“Yours,” Buffy moaned into his ear, trying not to wake the dead with their passionate noise making.

Buffy had to bury her mouth into Will’s shoulder to keep from screaming out her release.

Spike had to bury his mouth into Buffy’s neck to keep from roaring out loud, his release.

The came together, then Spike collapsed on top of Buffy, actually exhausted, momentarily that is. He took long, deep unneeded breaths while Buffy panted breathily.

Finally, after a moment or two of ‘relaxing’ Spike pulled his head back from Buffy and said, “I love you,” his awe evident in his tone.

“And, I love you,” Buffy replied, holding his blue-eyed gaze with hers. “I do love you, Will,” she repeated again, in a hushed voice.

Spike smiled and rested his blond head against Buffy’s shoulder, stroking her sides with his hands, lovingly. If he had to die, truly die that is, right this moment? He could go out of this world with a happy, unbeating heart. His woman, the mother of his son, the woman he loved more then life or unlife? She had said it, once more…that she loved him. Like he loved her and always would.


“Let’s go to bed, Will,” Buffy whispered, giggling just a little at this big bad vampire. He was all worn out and ‘defeated’ by the big bad Slayer.

“Okay,” Spike mumbled, sleepily, standing up, stark naked and reaching down to pick Buffy up in his arms. All the way up the stairs, to ‘their’ room, Spike kissed and cuddled his girl to him, fondling her little round rump with his right hand.

“It’ll be hard not to shag you senseless, you know that, right?” he asked Buffy as he stepped into the room they would share with their son. “Sleeping next to each other, naked and all cuddly?” he grinned down at her.

“Yeah,” Buffy giggled softly, placing her finger over his lovely mouth, to shush him, ever so slightly.

“But,” Buffy continued with a saucy smile, “tomorrow? Mom goes to work, Dawn goes to school and us?” She chuckled as Will tossed her, unceremoniously onto her bed, but gently, of course, “we have the whole house to ourselves. Jimmy might be here in the early morning, but he goes to Tot Town for pre-school. It’s Mom’s turn to pick him up…” Buffy giggled mischieviously, “but he naps for two hours from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. We’ll put him in Dawn’s bed for the nap,” Buffy whispered, all secretive like.

“Sounds bloody marvelous,” Spike yawned wearily. He lay down next to his ‘wife’ and snuggled into her.

“What about seeing my Dad?” he asked her, suddenly, quite wide awake. “You said there was something you had to talk to him about?”

“Yeah,” Buffy replied quietly, “about something I saw. A ring, on Riley’s right hand. It’s a ruby, kind of like your Dad’s? But smaller? I’ve seen it, in a book Giles has. Thought I’d call him in the morning and ask him to bring the book over. We can go and talk to your Dad after that.”

“You know,” Buffy sighed loudly as she lay, wrapped in Will’s long arms, “Giles will want to go, to see your Dad,” she explained quickly.

“Buffy, I’m not sure that’s a good idea,” Spike warned her, quietly. “My Dad’s not a big fan of Watchers, you know?”

“I know,” Buffy whispered, glancing over at her sleeping son, “but I’m sure Giles will want to meet your Dad, talk to Wesley and all. You know how traditional and curious Giles is? Wesley is going to be like a walking encyclopedia to Giles. Besides, if I’m going to fight with your ‘family’ then Giles will need to be in on most everything. I’m sure your Dad and brothers can understand that, right?”

“I guess,” Spike mumbled, not so sure at all. In fact, he was rather concerned that either of his brothers, his Dad or their foot soldiers might attack and make a ‘happy meal’ of poor Rupert. And Spike truly liked and admired the old man, Rupert Giles.

“Couldn’t you get some kind of reassurance? A truce maybe, from your family, baby?” Buffy asked, stroking her tiny hand down Will’s muscular chest.

“I could try, sweet,” William whispered back, clasping his lover tighter to him.

“Uhm, Buffy?” he murmered softly, “if you don’t want me to ravish you again? In here? Better keep your precious hand up, above, closer to my waist? Where it’s at now? I’m bound to jump your bones and not stop fucking you until…”

“Okay,” Buffy giggled softly, “I’ll stop playing with your manly parts. Just make me a promise, first thing in the morning? After Giles gets here? We head over to your Family’s lair and speak with your Father. I’ve got a feeling he might be able to enlighten us even more about this ring Riley has. That and I really think that Giles and him need to meet, to talk and figure out some game plan. Like I said, since I’m siding with Aurileous, it would be a good thing for my Watcher and your ex-Watcher now ‘vampire mouthpiece’ to meet and discuss strategy.”

“All right, luv,” Spike whispered as he kissed his baby’s golden head. He sat up, slightly and gazed at his sleeping son, just a few feet away. “He’s beautiful, like you, sweet,” Spike whispered, longingly as he watched his son in slumber.

“But he looks exactly like you, honey,” Buffy replied tenderly. “He’s your clone, Will,” she yawned, suddenly worn tired from the night’s activities.

“Thank you,” Spike murmered suddenly. “Thank you for our son, for tonight, for everything, my love.”

“Mmmm,” Buffy snuggled into William and pulled him back down to her. “Kiss me, hard and quick, then go to sleep, baby,” she purred. “We’ve got a big day ahead tomorrow.”


‘An Hour Later’

‘How am I going to do it,’ Spike thought, guiltily, as he lay next to his sleeping mate. ‘How will I be able to turn her, my Golden Goddess, my Soulmate? Even if it’s for the best; for me, for her, for our son? How in the name of,’ he paused, almost afraid to say ‘His’ name, even in his head. ‘How will I be able to reconcile turning my ‘light and salvation’ my Princess, into a creature of the night?’

Spike sighed deeply and closed his eyes, trying to sleep. He finally dropped off, close to the time of sunrise.


A/N: Short chapter, sorry…next chapter: Giles will go with Spike and Buffy to visit with Marcus A. and the rest of the clan. Will Wesley and Giles bond? Maybe, maybe not, however, Wesley will ‘bond’ with someone…can you guess who? I’ll give a hint; she’s a she (no duh!) and she’s got special powers, oh, and she’s a red head!!! Yes, there will be an attraction between the two W’s! Willow and Wesley!

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 11: 'The Trump Card' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this story. I've just now been able to get to respond, personally to my reviews on my fics. I'm going to try and respond from now on to everyone.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE



Chapter 11: ‘The Trump Card’


In the game of life, everyone is dealt a different hand of cards, that’s a given. For Buffy Summers, she had been dealt the cruelest hand of all; the card of the ‘Slayer’ of demons. This simply meant that her life, from age fifteen until an obligatory early death, Buffy would have no real life of her own. She would forever be beholden to a council of middle aged men and stodgey women who felt that it was their right to control her very existence.

It wasn’t necessarily fair, this hand of cards that Buffy had been dealt, but so it was. Call it an act of God, or a stacked deck by the Powers That Be. Whatever it was, it was the hand that Buffy Summers had been dealt.

However…Buffy Summers was different then any other Slayer in history. She was the ‘ace up her sleeve’ card that somebody had slipped in the game. Buffy had lived past nineteen; unheard of for any Slayer. She had caused a Master Vampire to fall in love with her and had borne his child; again, unheard of. The Slayer had fallen for her vampire, too. Call it the ‘trump of the deal’ if you want. But, Buffy Summers had gotten a ‘redeal’ that was for sure.

Spike woke up, fully aware that the love of his unlife, Buffy, was snuggled, stark naked, into him. He glanced at the clock, next to Buffy’s bed and noted that the time was now 3:35 AM and that sunrise was near.

Not that Spike needed human electronics to figure out the coming of sunrise. He’d predicted it, time and again for the last one-hundred and forty-one years of his existence. But, it was nice to know that there was a sure fire way to warn him that the deadly morning sun was headed his way.

He unwrapped his long arms from around Buffy, careful not to wake her, and climbed out of bed. After stretching his limbs, completely, Spike glanced down at his sleeping lover and smiled, softly.

‘Beautiful,’ he sighed in silent awe at the sight of his son’s mother, sleeping so peacefully. The vampire then turned a loving look to his beautiful son, James, sleeping just a few feet from their bed.

“Mine,” Spike whispered as he gazed at the miracle that was his child.

“Will?” Buffy mumbled, not completely awake yet. “Are you leaving?” she asked quietly.

“Spike crawled back into bed and snuggled Buffy to him. “It’s nearly sunrise,” he whispered softly, as not to wake James. “I need to get to my family’s lair. Need to talk to them, before you and the Watcher get there. I tried not to wake you, luv,” he sighed, reluctant to leave the warmth of the bed, and Buffy’s sweet body.

“Okay,” Buffy murmered softly, her mouth in a pout, “can you write down where your Dad and brothers are at?” She tried not to sound too disappointed that her lover was leaving her, alone in bed. However, it made sense really. William had to travel while the night still covered Sunnydale and before the first rays of the sun showed.

“Don’t want to go,” Spike hissed softly as he grabbed a piece of paper and pen from Buffy’s nightstand. “I want to stay with you and James, but…”

“Ya’ big baby,” Buffy giggled, “I understand why you have to go. I don’t like it either but I understand. Don’t worry,” she gave him a coy little wink, “like I said, we’ll have time together, later today.”

Buffy grinned, up at her vampire while he wrote down the location and directions of his family’s hidden lair.

Spike grinned back at her and set the paper and pen back down on the nightstand. “I’ve got to get downstairs and grab my clothes,” he chuckled softly. “Hope I can make it without being seen, by anyone but you that is.” He gave her is own wink and Buffy felt her heart skip a beat.

She reached out and ran her hand down his slim hip, lovingly, thrilled when he flinched, pleasureably at her touch. He lay back down beside her and took her in his arms, brushing her blond hair from her cheek.

“I’ll miss you,” he whispered into her ear, giving it a little lick with his cool tongue.

“I’ll miss you,” she replied, shyly, suddenly a little embarrassed by the intimacy of the moment.

‘I guess it’s official,’ Buffy thought to herself, a little surprised at her own lack of denial, for once. ‘We’re back together…’

‘We’re together again,’ Spike thought, proudly. ‘It’ll take an act of God to run me off from Buffy, or our son, ever again,’ he assured himself. ‘Even God can’t get rid of me now,’ he added silently.

“William,” Buffy began, cautiously, “are you sure you can ‘arrange’ things with your Dad? Make sure that Giles will be safe, from,” she paused, not quite sure how to phrase this.

“I’ll make sure the Watcher will be safe, luv,” Spike chuckled and kissed her forehead, affectionately. “Can’t promise though, if the whelp shows up with him,” Spike grinned, wickedly and Buffy gave him a gentle slap on his bare rump.

“Now you know Xander will have to go with us,” Buffy laughed quietly. “Just out of curiosity’s sake. Really, though,” she became serious, “I need a promise, baby, that all of us will be safe. You can make it so, right?” She gave him a questioning look and raised her right brow.

“Yes,” Spike replied, assuring her it would be fine. “I’ll make sure that Pops and the boys don’t make a meal out of your Watcher and lap dog. Just make sure they don’t bring weapons of choice to the ‘council’ okay?” He now gave his lover a very serious look.

“Deal,” Buffy sighed and lay back down on her pillow, still quite tired from the night before. “I just hope that Xander can keep his big mouth shut, for once. I don’t need him to smart off and end up as a Xander burger for your brothers or Gunn. Although, I can’t imagine Gunn going after Xander for any reason. Even when he was human, Charles Gunn hated the sight of Xander Harris. Well,” she added quickly, “I should say that he kind of held him in contempt.”

“Easy to do,” Spike muttered under his breath.

“Will,” Buffy hissed in warning, “I mean it. Please make sure your ‘family’ is clear on this one, please,” she finished by kissing his lips, chastely.

“You’re bringing our boy, right?” Spike asked as he gazed at the sleeping child in the bed close by. “Dad wants to meet his Grandson, like now.”

“Of course,” Buffy replied evenly, “I promised I’d bring him, today. So I will. But again, William,” she used his given name, for a purpose. Her ‘man’ must realize that she meant business here, with him and his family. “No funny business, with your family I mean. If I get even the slightest inkling that your Dad or the others are going to try and steal our son from me? I’ll take every one of them out. Understood?”

“Understood, sweetest,” Spike smiled and leaned in to kiss her sweet mouth.

“Go,” Buffy pointed to the door of the bedroom, “before I can’t let you,” she added with a smirk.

“Gone,” Spike whispered as he pulled, reluctantly away from her and grabbed a towel from the dresser top. He wrapped it about his waist and then headed for the door.

Just before he exited the room, Spike turned and gazed at Buffy again. She was propped up on one elbow, gazing back at him, a soft smile on her mouth.

“Love you,” he whispered, loud enough for her to hear.

“Love you,” she murmered back, assured that his vampire senses heard her soft endearment.

Then, he was gone.

Spike reached the abandoned warehouse that was now serving as ‘headquarters’ for his family and their soldiers. He made it just before the first rays of the sun broke through the California coastal haze. The first vampire he ran into was his youngest brother, Connor.

Connor, who was still considered a ‘teenager’ in the demon universe, was staring out at the sunrise. From the deepest shadows, of course, through an old, cracked window of the building.

“I wonder what it feels like?” Connor whispered in awe as he watched the sun show it’s head. “Sunshine, I mean,” the boy sighed wistfully to his older brother, Spike.

“Hot?” Spike chuckled sarcastically, “as in crispy fried hot?”

“Spike,” Connor growled lowly. “Where’s Buffy and James?” the younger vampire asked suddenly, a look of apprehension in his dark eyes.

“At home, in bed, boy,” Spike replied matter of factly. “They don’t have a problem with morning activity, remember?”

“Father expected all three of you this morning,” Connor mumbled, “he’s not going to be pleased, Spike. When he realizes that…”

“When he realizes what?” the Godfather Marcus barked loudly. “Where is your mate, Spike? Why isn’t my Grandson with you? I left specific orders with the Slayer, two days ago, to bring my Grandson to me. Can’t you handle your mate, William?”



Spike rolled his eyes and turned to face his imposing father. “Buffy’ll be along, later, Dad,” he answered slowly, “our son has a routine, you know? He is half mortal, his habits are that of a human, also. If Buffy…”

“Just because I let your rebellious nature slide at times, William,” Marcus growled as he stormed up to his oldest son. “That doesn’t mean I’m going to allow your headstrong mate to run my family instead of me. Is that clear?”

“Crystal,” Spike replied with a heavy sigh. “Unlike the haze that hangs over this God forsaken state. Hey, Connor,” Spike smirked at his brother, trying to lighten the mood. “You know what ‘smog’ stands for?”

Connor shook his shaggy head, but grinned in anticipation of his idol’s punch line.

“It’s a combination of ‘shit and fog’ ergo; smog!” The two young vampires began to laugh at the stupid joke.

“But Spike,” Connor began with a puzzled look, “there’s no ‘H’ in smog and…”

However, Marcus was not laughing. Instead, he growled again, menacingly.

Spike sighed again and looked, respectfully, at his old man.

“Like I said, Da,” Buffy’ll be along, later today, in less then a few hours. She’s bringin’ guests, Dad, so…”

“Guests?” Marcus hissed, his dark brows raised as high as possible. “What guests?” the patriach asked, suspiciously.

“Her Watcher, Rupert Giles and…” Spike had just started to tick off the list of possible names when Wesley rushed into the room.

“Rupert? Here?” the ex-watcher asked excitedly. “When? I can’t wait to discuss some…”

“Wesley!” Marcus snapped at the handsome Brit, shutting him down, immediately. “This is not a tea party we are conducting, but a council for war!”

“I do not understand, Spike, why the Watcher must be here?” Marcus gave his eldest a disapproving look and frowned.

“Buffy trusts the old man, Da,” Spike explained, simply. “She feels, since she’s with ‘us’ on this, that Giles can be of help. Besides, old Rupes wants to ‘see’ Wes there. Guess he wants to compare notes?”

Spike averted his eyes from his formidable father quickly. “Oh,” the blond vampire continued, carefully, “a member of Buffy’s ‘entrourage’ will be coming too. Xander Harris is his name and, as much as I hate the fuck’s guts? He’s off limits as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Understood?” Spike shot a stern look at his brother Connor, then at Wesley.

“Understood, Spike,” Connor replied, sheepishly. “Maybe Buffy’ll bring Dawn?” the youngest Aurileous asked, hopefully.

“Don’t think so, Conn,” Spike shook his head and smiled at his young brother. His eyes held sympathy for the love sick kid and he patted him on his arm.

“She’s got school, Conn,” Spike explained, “otherwise, knowing Dawn? She’d be here in a shot.”

“For the love of Satan himself,” Marcus roared, “this is fucking ridiculous! This is supposed to be my meeting, with my Grandson and we’re turning it into a bloody frat party! What next, a keg of Bud and…”

“Dad,” Spike interrupted his father’s tirade, “it’s hardly a frat party, or a high tea. It’s my mate, my son and my mate’s Watcher coming to ‘talk’ to you. Harris is coming because it’s his way of feeling like a manly man and actually,” Spike swallowed hard, before he finished, “Buffy’s best friend, Willow the Witch, may be along too.”

“Oh, goody,” Marcus hissed, sarcastically, “a real live witch in the mix. What next? A wizard and and a man-wolf to round things out? Spike, I’m warning you, boy. This better not be some…”

“It’ll be fine, Da,” Spike assured his father. “Buffy needs the security of her people around her. Can’t you understand that?” The blond vampire smirked at his own father, the toughest son-of-a-bitch he’d ever seen in his unlife.

“You’ve got your family and at least twenty foot soldiers to keep you company, Pops. Let my girl have a couple of friends, eh?” Spike grinned at Marcus, who fought to keep from smiling back at his errant son.

“Oh, whatever,” Marcus finally shrugged and strode over to the building window. “Will they come soon?” the old vampire asked, almost wistfully.

“Soon,” Spike replied, touched that his rugged father was looking forward to meeting his son.

“In the mean time, boy,” Marcus mumbled as he stared at the seductive shining sun, “tell us again, how you met your Buffy, will you?”


Buffy, Giles, Willow, James and Xander stumbled onto the heavily weeded grounds of the empty warehouse. Empty, of course, except for the now thirty or so demon tenants that they knew were residing in there.

“I still say that we should have brought crucifixes and holy water.” Xander began to whine for the umpteenth time since they headed to the secluded lair.

“Yeah,” Buffy quipped, “because a couple of crosses are going to hold off the hoardes of the ‘wise guy’ demons that are waiting to say ‘hi’ today, right? And like there’s enough holy water in Sunnydale to sprinkle on the Family’s front line of soldiers! Geez, Xander, get a grip on reality here.”

“Look,” Buffy sighed in exasperation, “if you didn’t want to come, why did you? I’m sure there’s a pizza somewhere, with your name on it…” she glared at Xander, sternly.

“I’m a part of this group, too,” Xander replied with a pout. “I’m as brave as Willow or James, aren’t I?”

“No, Uncle Xander, you’re not, really,” little James piped in. “But then again,” the precocious two-year-old continued, “I’d be afraid of my Grandpa too. If he wasn’t my Grandpa that is.” The boy smirked, evilly, at the dark haired man, reminding everyone of his father, Spike, yet again.

“Buffy are you sure you’re spawn wasn’t born ‘40’ or something?” Xander asked as he eyed the hybrid child, suspiciously.

“Don’t call my precious baby a spawn Xander Harris,” Buffy hissed as she squared her shoulders and stared at the huge, dirty building in front of them. “Willow,” Buffy continued, changing the subject, “please keep James out here, until I tell you to bring him in. Okay?”

“Sure Buff,” Willow stuttered, not really sure at all. Actually, Buffy had to talk Willow into going with them, just to keep an eye on James, temporarily. Buffy wanted to make sure everything was jake before she brought her only child before the Godfather of the Undead.

Grandfather or not, Buffy wasn’t going to lead her precious boy into the den of unsouled demons. Even though she had an idea that every one of those so called demons would have walked into sunlight before allowing her son, James to be hurt. Or maybe, even herself.

“Let’s go,” Buffy barked bravely as she headed the little troup into the broken down building. “Willow, stay here,” Buffy ordered and motioned to a sunny spot of yard, just a few feet from the door of the warehouse.

“Jimmy,” Buffy turned to gaze at her son, lovingly, “I love you more then anything in the world. You know that, right?”

“Bloody right, Mum,” Jimmy called eagerly as he waved his mother on. “Call me in, soon, please,” he added.

“That’s my boy,” Buffy grinned at Giles who looked as if he was going to be ill. Xander didn’t look much better, but he followed Buffy into the old, desolate looking building.

Buffy stepped into the deserted, dusty building, only to be met by her lover, William. He, the heir to the Aurileous dynasty, gazed at her as if she was a fucking Goddess or something. Of course, Will had always ‘made’ Buffy feel like a Goddess and…

‘Shake it off, girl,’ Buffy told herself, ruefully. ‘No time for romance now. This is not personal, not right this minute. It’s just business.’ (hehehehehe!)

“Godfather,” Buffy ignored William, reluctantly, and bowed her head at his father instead. She prayed that this was the ‘right’ thing to do under the circumstances.

“Slayer,” Marcus replied, evenly, his blue eyes never left Buffy’s green ones. “My Grandson?” the old vampire asked simply.

“Outside, with my friend,” Buffy answered quickly. “I thought it best to ‘check out’ the situation before I brought my son into this?”

“Wise,” Marcus chuckled in response. “Your mate is wise, boy,” Marcus smiled benevolently at Spike. “She is worthy of being an Aurileous. And an exceptional mother for my Grandson.”

“Yes,” Spike replied, but stared at Buffy, lovingly. “She’s everything to me and worthy, father,” he stated simply.

“Where’s the brat?” came Angel’s deep voice from across the room. The massive, dark haired vampire joined his family in the main area.

“Outside,” Connor replied with a shrug, “Buffy wanted to make sure that the our nephew was safe before she brought him in.” The youngest vampire smiled, sweetly at Buffy, causing her to feel a little ‘bad’ about her misgivings.

‘Vampire, Summers,’ she reminded herself, ruefully. ‘He’s a little killing maching and he’s probably not even what? Seventy? Eighty-years-old?’

“You have our word, Slayer,” Marcus stated in an authoritive, imperialistic tone. “Your son is probably safer here, with his family, then anyplace else in this harsh, bright world of yours.”

“Yeah, well…” Xander chimed in, in his annoyingly ‘tough guy’ voice.

“Put a sock in it, Harris,” Buffy hissed, not even looking at her friend. Instead, she stared at William, silently pleading for him to back up his father’s promise.

“Have Willow bring James in, Princess,” Spike nodded his reassurance to his mate. “Please,” he added softly.

Buffy slowly walked to the door of the warehouse and opened it, careful not to let too much light into the room. She motioned for Willow to bring her son in, to meet the rest of his ‘family’ or at least the demon branch of it.

“Mummy, Daddy,” James gushed when Willow, apprehensively, led the boy into the big room.

James pulled away from his sitter and hurried to his dad, who had joined his mother’s side. “Don’t be afraid Jimmy,” Buffy whispered as she swooped her son into her arms and turned to face Will’s family.

“I’m not afraid, Mummy,” James crowed, gleefully. “Grandpa looks like the Count, from Sesame Street! He’s a big old softy! All ‘grrr’ and no bite!”

The all mighty Godfather reared his lofty head back, stunned at the bold words of his only grandchild. He stood, frozen in shock and indignation at the little upstart’s balls and brass.

“Did I say something wrong Daddy?” James asked his father with wide, confused blue eyes.

“No, son,” Spike whispered, “Grandpa’s a little full of himself and…” Spike gave his father a nasty glare and took his son from Buffy’s arms.

“Bring my grandson to me,” Marcus barked like a marine sargent.

“I don’t think…” Buffy began, but stopped when William walked over to his father and stood in front of him. He held his son up, proudly, for the old fool to take a good look at.

Marcus studied the boy, briefly, a slight scowl on his mouth. Suddenly, the Godfather broke into an angelic smile and began to chuckle, lowly.

“He’s your boy, William, that’s for sure. All balls and brass, a true Aurileous!” Marcus reached out and plucked the stoic little lad from his father’s arms.

Buffy, Giles, Xander and Willow stood in shock as they watched the master ‘Master Vampire’ clutch his grandson in his powerful arms. The old demon cuddled the youngest heir to his his massive chest and grinned in delight at Jimmy.

“Grandpa,” Jimmy whispered, just a tad awed by his big bad granddad. “Can I see your fangs?” Jimmy’s eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree and he grinned up at the old devil.

“My son seems to have an obsession with our teeth, Pops,” Spike smiled, sheepishly. “He’ll be showing you his in a minute, bank on it.”

“Buffy,” Xander hissed from behind the Slayer, “this Kodak moment is just great, but we need to talk turkey here. Riley’s becoming more powerful every day and he ‘is’ a real threat.”

Buffy sighed and nodded at Xander and Giles. She glanced over at Willow, to see how the red headed witch was holding up. What she read in her best friend’s face both stunned and amused her.

Willow’s face was blushed a shade to match her bright red hair. Buffy followed the witch’s gaze and saw that it met Wesley’s, the ex-watcher, now demon ‘suit’ who ‘represented the Aurileous family. Wesley appeared to be gazing right back at Willow, a puppy love kind of expression all over his handsome face.

‘Oh, dear God,’ Buffy gasped silently, ‘Willow? Wesley? Witch and Vampire? Heaven help the Hellmouth!’

Xander must have noticed the ‘interaction’ between the vampire lawyer and his witchy friend, Willow. His dark eyes flew open and he began to shake his head in frustration.

“Wills,” he murmered as he waved his hand in front of the red head’s face, trying to break the ‘spell’ that she seemed to have fallen under. Glaring at Wesley, Xander snorted and then glared at Buffy.

“This is all your fault,” Xander hissed, under his breath. “Should have known that some smooth sucking, well dressed vampire with a college degree would come along and…”

“Shush!” Buffy hissed at Xander, but glanced back and forth between Willow and Wesley. With a shrug of defeat, Buffy turned to face Giles, who was watching the whole grandpa/grandson scene in awe. The Watcher was in the midst of cleaning his glasses, for the third time and staring at his Slayer’s special son.

Buffy shook off her frightening thoughts and grabbed Giles, who was studying the interaction between James and his Grandfather.

“I think this is going well, dear,” Giles mumbled to Buffy with a satisfied look on his face. “I cannot believe the paternal instincts that your son is bringing out in the ‘Terminator’ of the Vampire realm. I’ll have to take notes, study the old texts when we get home. This is amazing and…”

“Giles,” Buffy hissed softly, “you need to talk to Marcus and Wesley, about the ring I saw on Riley’s hand. It looked just like the Godfather’s ruby ring, except a smaller version. Like the one in your big book.”

“Yes, quite,” Giles shook his head and placed his glasses back in their proper place, on his face. He cleared his throat and began, carefully, “Godfather, a moment, please?”

Marcus halted his activity, which consisted of revealing his vampire visage to his grandson, somewhat that is. Shaking his human form back into place, the head honcho glared at Giles, menacingly.

“What is it Watcher?” he growled harshly. “I’m busy with my grandson.”

“Well, yes, and I am sorry and all,” Giles mumbled, contritely, “but this is rather important. It’s about the ring that Buffy saw on Riley’s hand. The ruby replica of the one on your finger, sir.”

Giles lowered his eyes, humbly, apparently well versed in the tradition of vampire respect of family.

“My ring?” Marcus inquired with raised brows. The vampire handed little James to his mother and stalked over to Giles. He held up his hand and nearly shoved the blood red gem into the Watcher’s face.

“A replica, you say?” Marcus muttered, confused.

“Only smaller, Godfather,” Giles managed to stammer out, a little intimidated by this huge, impressive vampire.

“Exactly like it, Godfather,” Buffy spoke up, carrying James over to the two men. “Except smaller, more the size of a ring to fit a female? Riley was wearing it on his pinky finger.”

Marcus, if it was possible, looked paler then usual and averted his eyes from the Slayer and her Watcher. His countenance fell on his oldest son, his heir apparent and truth be told? His favorite childe.

“Spike,” Marcus began in a strained whisper, that was very un-demony, to be sure. “The ring your Buffy saw, on this Riley’s finger? I think it was your mother’s ring. The one I put on her finger when I claimed her.”


A/N: Well…that was weird, huh? Why would Riley have Spike’s mother’s ring? Hmmm. Anyway, please read and review. I’m getting a little cornered here, with this fiction. Hope I can write my way out of it. Thanks, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 12: 'She Was A Slayer' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you, for reading this fiction. It's a tough one to write and will not be short, I'm afraid.
Warning: The violence in this chapter is by reference only.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 12: ‘She Was A Slayer’


A/N: I’m so trying to keep this fiction going. Hopefully, I can explain just ‘what’ the ring is and some of it’s history. However, I’m not sure how to explain what it can do?


“I don’t understand, Grandpa,” little James said, confused now. “Why are you so sad?”

“I…” Marcus the Godfather began, his voice full of pain. The all mighty powerful vampire reached out and plucked his only grandchild from his mother’s arms and held him, tightly.

“My Annie,” Marcus whispered to no one in particular. “You’re father’s mother, the ring was hers. A Watcher, nearly a hundred years ago. He killed my Annie and took her ring from her ashes. She was human, once, at least half human and I…”

Buffy watched the drama unfolding in front of her, disbelieving, for the most part.

‘He turned her,’ Buffy realized in shock. ‘Spike’s father turned his mother, completely and a Watcher from the Council murdered her. No wonder why Marcus has no use for Watchers?’

“Will,” Buffy wrapped her arm about Spike’s shoulders and nestled her head into his chest. “Your mother? Was she…”

“A Slayer,” Marcus answered for his son. “Anne was a Slayer, once. Before I seduced her, claimed and turned her. She was ‘my’ Slayer and I loved her.”

Buffy glanced over at Giles, who, she noticed, looked as if he’d been told that the Queen of England was really a man. The old Watcher looked as if he was going to be sick.

“A Slayer?” Giles mumbled, stunned.

“A hybrid,” Marcus replied in a monotone voice, his blue eyes were clouded with pain. “Her mother was a human Slayer. She was bitten by a master vampire, while she was pregnant with Anne. When Anne was born, she carried human and vampire traits. Mostly human. Because of my Annie’s lineage? She was doomed, from the beginning, to be a slave to the Watcher’s Council.”

“I don’t understand,” Xander mumbled as he stood, surprisingly, by what used to be Charles Gunn. “Are you saying that William’s mother was a Slayer? Like Buffy? But a mix of demon and human?” Xander looked even more puzzled then he usually did.

“My Anne,” Marcus whispered in a voice full of regret. “The first time I saw her? She was taking out half of the Hoarde from Hell. Vampires,” the Godfather continued, with a slight smile.

Marcus handed his Grandson, James, to Spike, who just stood stock still, his blue eyes clouded in pain.

“Anne was so beautiful, wasn’t she, William?” Marcus asked his oldest son.

“Yes,” Spike nodded in agreement, “Mum was beautiful, Dad.” He looked over at his younger brothers, Angel and Connor. Spike felt a tinge of sympathy for the two vampires. Their own mother, Jennifer, was a wonderful female and mate for their father. But even the two youngest Aurileous’s realized, long ago, that she would never be able to replace Anne, Drusilla’s and Spike’s mum, in their father’s unbeating heart.

“There was a ball,” Marcus continued in a disembodied voice. “A few days after the ‘Hoarde’ incident.” He smirked, briefly, then continued his tale.

“I attended the gala, having been ‘invited’ by the Count De Comaise. A titled, genteel aristocrat, at the time, that is. I appeared at the party, after sunset, of course, attired in the best apparel of the time. My family has always been well-to-do,” Marcus paused and winked, quickly, at Buffy.

“Anne was there,” Marcus smiled warmly. “Attired in the finest pale blue silk to be found. She wore her hair down, which was quite unfashionable, at the time. But I thought it made her look like a golden Goddess. My Golden Goddess,” he added with a sigh.

“I knew then, at that moment, of course,” the Godfather continued, perhaps unaware of his rapt audience by now. “I knew that this ‘woman’ was my destiny. My one true love. Who cared if she was a Slayer of my kind? ‘She’ was my kind and I wanted her. Loved her at first sight. So, I persued my Anne, relentlessly, following her about the ball like a love sick ponce.”

Spike flinched, in recognition of himself and Buffy. The blond vampire gazed at his Buffy, lovingly, as he held their son to his cool body.

“Of course she rebuked and rejected me, immediately,” Marcus chuckled softly. “Threatened to stake me if I did not leave her sight instantly. Then she said the most remarkable thing,” he smirked in memory.

“Anne said it would be a pity to stake such a handsome being as you, Lord Aurileous. So be on your way, sir, now. For when we meet again? I know one of us will surely die, and I could not bear it to be you.”

“After that?” Marcus sighed deeply, “I courted my Annie as best I could, day and night. Day being the most difficult, of course. We grew closer, nightly, until I dared to ‘make her mine’ by claiming her. She returned the claim, much to her Watcher’s dismay. The old fool never could understand that my Annie needed me as much as I needed her.”

“I would follow her, everywhere, after sunset. Watch ‘over’ her as she followed her unhappy duty and killed the dregs of the demon world. One night, Annie got caught by a particularly strong vampire. A nasty brute, I guess. I was not with her, at the time. My own duties, as…” his voice trailed off.

“The bastard grabbed my Annie and ignored the claim that I had marked on her beautiful neck. He had drained her, nearly dry, by the time I reached them. Annie,” Marcus spared a look at his son, Spike, “her heart had nearly stopped beating, completely and I saw no other choice but the one I took.”

The Godfather’s blue eyes turned black with anger. “I came too late to ‘save’ her, my Annie,” he explained. “There was nothing to do but to ‘save’ her ‘forever’ by turning her, all the way. Which I did, without hesitation. And,” he finished harshly, “I would do again, in a heartbeat.”

“Godfather,” Giles stammered cautiously, “I…” The Watcher gazed at ‘his’ Slayer, lovingly.








“You knew,” Buffy hissed at Spike, accusingly, breaking the nostolgic spell that Marcus the Godfather had weaved about the room. “All the time, from day one, with us? You knew that this had happened before. That your own parents ‘were’ us once. You…”

The Slayer began to cry, softly and turned from the group of demons and people about her. She sought out Willow, who took Buffy into her gentle embrace and tried to comfort her.

“Buffy,” Giles murmered quietly, “this is hardly the time to fall apart, emotionally. William probably had no idea about all of this and…” Giles looked at Spike, hopefully, “you didn’t know the whole story, right?” He asked the blond vampire.

“Not all of it,” Spike whispered as he closed the space between Buffy and him. The vampire pulled Buffy from Willow’s arms and wrapped his own about her.

“I knew Da turned Mum, baby,” Spike explained in a whispery voice. “Had no idea of who and what she was before that, not totally anyway. Promise.” He nuzzled his lips into Buffy’s warm, soft golden head and cuddled her close to his body.

“I believe you,” Buffy choked out. She took Will’s left hand in her right one and brought it to her lips. “Always,” she whispered her promise.

“Always,” Spike murmered, returning the kiss on their clasped hands. “You are mine as I am yours,” he added, reverently.

“You are mine, as I am yours,” Buffy repeated with a firm nod of her blond head.

“See, Grandpa,” James giggled, “Mum and Dad love each other. No worries,” the little boy nodded wisely, kissing his big strong Grandfather’s cool cheek.

“No worries, James,” Marcus echoed his very ‘wise beyond his years’ grandson’s words.

“I still don’t get it,” Xander hissed at Giles and Willow. “How the heck did Riley Finn get Anne’s claiming ring?”

“The name of the Watcher,” Rupert Giles blurted out his question, boldly. “Do you know the name of your wife’s ‘murderer’ Godfather?”

“Quinn,” Marcus muttered, holding his grandson protectively, “the bastard’s name was Quinn Travers.”

Spike and Buffy stopped with their silent, private bonding ritual and glared at the Godfather.

“Quinn Travers?” Buffy hissed in shock. “As in Q. Travers, esq.?” She stared at her own Watcher, Rupert Giles.

“Oh dear Lord,” Giles gasped, removing his glasses and cleaning them thoroughly, on his shirt.

“The head of the present day Watcher’s Council,” Giles mumbled, under his breath. “His name is Quentin Travers and I believe he had an ancestor by the name of Quinn Travers. Oh, dear,” Giles sighed heavily.

Buffy pulled away from her ‘mate’ and strode over to her Watcher, an angry gleam in her eye.

“Do you think that Travers, I mean the present day one, had a hand in giving that ring to Riley?” Buffy was beginning to get more then a little disturbed with these turn of events.

“It’s likely,” Giles groaned. “Quentin Travers is a rude, crude and sociably unacceptable moron. He’s tried to rid the Slayer world of you,” Rupert averted his gaze from Buffy’s, “many times. We know that. He has ties to Ethan Rayne, my old college ‘chum’ and now, enemy. If he thought it would serve ‘his’ purpose,” Giles continued, gruffly, “he would sell his Grandmother for a dime.”

“I get it!” Xander burst into Giles’ tirade. “Old Quentin Travers, the now one that is,” he continued smugly. “He got his hands on Spike’s mother’s ring, right? His great-great-grandfather, Quin, killed Anne, then took her ring. Somewhere, somehow,” Xander was almost jumping for joy at his deductions, “Quentin inherited the ring and ‘gave’ it to Riley? Maybe even before old Finn went fangy on us?” Xander looked like he was about to wet his pants from the excitement of having formed a coherant thought.

“That’s got to be it,” Spike hissed harshly. “That bastard Travers is in this up to his ears,” he finished with a pained frown. “His great-great granddad must have been this Quinn Travers. He must have been my Mum’s Watcher, when she was a slayer. But why in the world would he ever kill Mum?”

Buffy felt a hard tug at her heart. The pain in her mate’s eyes was killing her. She took her son from his Grandfather and buried her head into the boy’s soft neck.

Spike clasped both his mate and their son to him, tightly. He turned his head to look at his father.

“Explain, please,” he asked simply of the ‘family’ patriach.

“Watcher?” Marcus barked at Giles, his blue eyes met the human’s even blue orbs in a hateful glare.

“The ring is special,” Giles mumbled, almost embarrassed by the revelations of that day.

“Special?” Buffy asked weakly, not liking the sound of this, at all. She snuggled her little family closer to her.

“If I was to ask you, Godfather,” Giles stared evenly at the master vampire. “If I was to ask you,” the Watcher began again, carefully. “About the ring on your finger,” Giles nodded at Marcus’s ruby ring. “Would you tell me that a once great Roman Warrior wore that ring? Perhaps the greatest known true General warrior of Rome?”

“I would, Watcher,” Marcus rasped in reply.

“And the ring that your beloved Anne wore? Her wedding ring, of sorts?” Giles continued in a quiet voice. “Who’s ring was that, Godfather? And who placed that ring on the original owner’s slim finger?”

“This ring,” Marcus held up his hand for all in the room to see. “This ring was worn by Julius Caesar himself. From the time he conquered the known territories of Rome, until the he was assassinated on the steps of the Roman Senate House.”

“And my Mother’s ring?” Spike asked in a strained voice, clutching his Buffy and their son to him.

“Her’s,” Marcus replied in a somewhat subdued voice. “Her majesty, Empress Cleopatra VII; Queen of the Nile, Pharoh’s most beloved Daughter, Daughter of Isis Herself and Mother to the true heir of Rome, Caesarion; Descendant of Ptolemy, Alexander’s truest ally and friend.”

“Shit!” Buffy gasped in wide-eyed shock. “That’s some freakin’ lineage you’ve got there!” She gazed at her son with pride and smiled at her William, affectionately.

“The ring belongs to my Buffy,” Spike blurted out, suddenly. “And that fuckhead, Riley Finn thinks if he wears it? He owns her? Is that is?” the blond vampire roared his disapproval.

“Mine!” Spike growled again as he clasped his mate and son to him, possessively. “They are mine!” he roared loudly, shaking the old beams and rafters of the abandoned warehouse.

“Of course Buffy and James are ‘yours’ William,” Giles interjected, calmly. “What we have to find out is why Quentin Travers ‘gave’ Riley that ring, and what all this means. If the ring has certain powers? Then we need to get it away from the ponce, Riley, as soon as possible.”

Giles nodded in self-satisfaction as he motioned for Wesley to join him. “I think we should put our two brains together, Pryce,” Giles admonished the now turned ex-Watcher. “Do some research, get some answers.”

“Brilliant, Rupert,” Wesley grinned widely, just barely showing his long, white fangs. “However,” the ex-Watcher paused in thought, “I wonder if Miss Willow would like to join us?” The handsome vampire smiled, benevolently, at the red-haired young woman.

“I’d be honored,” Willow replied with a breathy sigh. “Just say when and I’m…”

“Okay,” Xander groaned, audibly, “this is getting ridiculous. Buffy is somewhat ‘mated’ to Spike aka William the Bloody. They’ve got a kid, the spawn of…” Xander caught Spike’s nasty glare towards him and didn’t finish the statement.

“Okay,” Xander began again, “we’ve got Buffy and William, together again. I could get used to that. Really, I could,” Xander continued, nervously, as he stared at Spike from the corner of his brown eye.

“But now? Willow and an ex-Watcher, Wesley the Vampire ‘mouthpiece’ suit? What next? Me and a trophy vampire wife who…”

“My Darla happens to be a fucking trophy vampire wife, human!” Angel hissed at poor Xander, with a venomous tone.

“Sorry,” Xander whispered, meekly.

“I really ‘like’ Dawn Summers,” Connor gushed, unembarrassed by the legions of the undead that surrounded him.

“Oh, for the love of God above!” Xander cried out in exasperation.

All of a sudden, the whole ‘audience’ grew quiet and waited with baited breath, or unbreath, as the case may be.

Giles gave Xander a nasty look, while Buffy just groaned, loudly and Willow sighed, audibly.

“Not a real good ‘save’ there whelp,” Spike chuckled good naturedly. “My family, our soldiers? ‘That’ name isn’t one they like to hear, too often that is.” The blond vampire slapped his old enemy, Xander Harris, on his back.

“Sorry, again,” Xander mumbled with a blush.

“So what now?” Buffy asked, quietly, trying to break the mood that had enveloped the building.

“We find Riley’s nest,” Spike barked out, like a commander. “I get to snap the fuck’s neck, myself,” he added with a pleased grin.

“Will,” Buffy sighed in frustration.

“Yes, beloved,” Spike purred as he tucked a blond strand of hair behind her ear, affectionately.

“Please, for the love of all that’s not quite holy?” Buffy sighed. “Quit cursing in front of our impressionable son!”


A/N: Bet you thought I’d given up on this one, huh? Nope.

Please read and review, thanks, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 13: 'White Wedding' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this. Thank you for reviews.

Luv, Spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 13: ‘White Wedding’


A/N: A little nod to ‘Billy Idol’ in this one! (I saw Billy Idol ‘perform’ in LA and well, let’s just say I prefer Spike but still…sigh!)


“Okay, let me get this straight,” Xander Harris muttered as he began to pace back and forth in front of his friends, and the foot soldier demons of Hell.

“Quentin Travers ‘our’ Q. Travers, Watcher extraordinaire, gave this mojo ring to Riley Finn?”

“So it would seem,” Giles sighed in defeat as he cleaned his glasses for the tenth time. “Travers has never been a solid bloke,” Giles continued, exasperated by now. “Bit of a rogue, Travers is. Always has been. He must have been waiting, for years to give that ring to the right ‘person’ or vampire, as the case may be,” the Watcher added quickly.

“Why?” Willow piped in suddenly, in her little girl voice that seemed to appeal to the newly turned Watcher, Wesley Pryce. The turned watcher grinned at Willow, adoringly, illiciting a blush from the red head.

“Control?” Spike asked out loud, as he pulled Buffy and his son into his protective embrace. “The ponce must want total control of the Hellmouth? This Travers has convinced that fucking nimrod, Riley Finn that…”

“Could be,” Giles nodded, “Travers is a control freak, like I said. Always has been. If he thinks he’s going to come out on top in this mess? He’ll sell his best friends for a pence.”


“Will, please!” Buffy hissed at her other half. She eyed their son, James, nervously. “Our son may be a physical clone of you, William,” Buffy continued, sternly, “but I don’t want him swearing like a sailor by the time he’s three-years-old!”

Buffy took a deep, calming breath and turned to face the Godfather, Giles and this Wesley guy. Er, this Wesley vampire/guy that is.



“But what does the ring do?” Buffy asked, confused by all this spy intrigue.

“Nothing, really,” Marcus Aurileous replied with a shrug. The Godfather strode over to his son’s mate and looked deeply into her green eyes. “At least not that ‘we’ know of,” he added evenly.

“It’s more of a signet, or bond, then anything,” he tried to explain to the slip of girl. “It signifies the bonding between one powerful ruler, or warrior, with his equally powerful mate,” the old vampire muttered.

“Hence,” the old vampire shrugged, “the giving of the ring to Cleopatra, by Julius Caesar. If anyone was a match for Caesar? It was the Queen of the Nile.”

“So Riley wanted the ring,” Willow began with a scowl on her pretty face, “to connect himself with an Aurileous’ mate? Signify some bond between a powerful warrior of the people. Like Buffy? Tie her to him, ring wise that is,” Willow mumbled, nervously as she stepped away from Buffy and Spike.

“Yes,” Marcus grunted, eyeing his oldest son, warily. The head of the Aurileous clan knew his son, Spike, knew how the boy might react to this news.

“Like fucking hell!” Spike roared like a bull in a china shop. Or some great Alpha Wolf, ready to fight to the death for his mate and offspring.

“Buffy and James are mine!” Spike roared, yet again, grasping his mate and son to him.

“We get that, Spike!” Marcus, Angel, Connor and even Giles and Xander hissed at the Aurileous heir, in unison.

“You’d improve the odds, boy,” Marcus hissed as he glared at his eldest, “if you’d claim your so-called mate, properly,” the Godfather stated through gritted teeth. “Once and for all, boy! Take your mate and make her yours!” The head honcho strode back over to his son, Spike and the little Slayer. His powerful blue eyes blazed as he took in the two very different expressions on the ‘childrens’ faces.

Spike, who still held his son, smirked at his father, then turned his smug smile to Buffy. “He’s right, you know?” Spike whispered, almost casually, into Buffy’s nearest ear.

Buffy felt a tingle of seductive pleasure run right up her spine, then back down again. Then around her hips into her…

“I,” the slayer began, unable, for some reason to form a coherant thought, much less a sentence. Her green eyes were half closed in ‘private’ thought and it certainly didn’t help that William was running his free hand down her back, to her hip, to her ass, thigh and…

“Uhhhggg!” Buffy squeaked in frustration.

“Giles,” Buffy squealed, in a high pitched voice, “tell them!”

“I would love to tell ‘them’ anything, Buffy dear,” Giles replied, sheepishly. “Unfortunately? I have to agree with Marcus and Spike on this one. Your only hope, yours and James? Is to be claimed by the more powerful heir to the ‘Family’ name.”

Giles hung his head down, his cheeks burnt bright red from embarrassment. Nothing in the ‘Slayer’s Manual’ about this turn of events, that was for sure.

“Oooohhhh!” Buffy growled as she ripped her son’s little body from his father’s arms.

“You’re no help!” she cried, exasperated to the max by now. The blond Slayer grasped her son to her body and began to pace, anxiously back and forth in front of her friends, and the unholy crew of demon warriors.

“Buffy,” Giles began in a soothing tone, “we have to face facts here. Your son, James is very, very ‘special’ and may possibly hold some secret power that only the Powers That Be understand. If a rogue vampire leader, such as Riley Finn, or any other demon for that matter gets their hands on you or James? We’re doomed. All of us. I’ve no doubt about that.”

The Watcher sighed heavily and sat on an old beat up chair next to him. “Believe me, Buffy,” Giles mumbled, quite embarrassed by this time, to be discussing something so personal as this.

“If there was any other way, then I would back that plan. However,” he stammered, more uncomfortable by the moment, “I have to agree with Godfather Marcus on this one. William the Bloody is already your mate, just not in name and by the ritual of the blood claim. If you allow William to ‘claim’ you, totally and officially? No vampire, Riley, his minions or even the great ‘Dracula’ himself would ever dare defile William’s mark. You would be safe, Buffy dear,” Giles gazed at his surrogate daughter, lovingly. “James would be safer and frankly, I feel that ‘we’ all would be better off.”

“Thanks Watcher,” Spike chuckled with a smirk and clutched Buffy closer to him.

“You’re no help,” Buffy muttered, pulling her body away from William, albeit reluctantly.

“Weren’t you the head guy,” Buffy grumbled at Giles, “back in the day? The one that led the ‘let’s run William the Bloody’ out of town brigade?”

“Yes,”Giles nodded, another blush on his face. “But that was then Buffy. When I had no real idea who William ‘really’ was and the power that little James might have. Back then,” the Watcher scrunched up his brows in thought, “I felt that William, here, was more of a threat to you and your unborn child, then anything. Now? I’m not so sure,” the older Brit shook his head and sighed.

“Do not be fooled, Buffy,” Giles continued in a firm voice, “the Watcher’s Council and I parted ways long ago. I do not trust Quentin Travers or his band of sheep that follow him. That man has tried to kill you, twice now and when I helped send William here away? It was to protect ‘you’ and your son from the Watcher’s Council as much as anyone. Do you know what those bloody, arrogant idiots at the Council would have done? Back then? If they had had any idea who’s child you were bearing?”

“What are you saying, Giles?” Buffy whispered, frightened now.

Spike put his arm about his wife and child and hugged them closer to his cool body.

“Willow,” Giles nodded at the red haired witch, “could you take little James outside now, please?”

Willow took James from Buffy’s arms and headed towards the warehouse door.

“May I go?” Wesley asked, almost shyly.

“You’re a fucking vampire Wes,” Angel snorted, “don’t think you want to wander out into the sunlight, friend. Even after a beautiful woman and…”

“We can go in there,” Willow pointed at another room of the warehouse. “There’s no vampires in there, right?” She asked, fearfully.

“No,” Wesley murmered tenderly, taking Willow by her free arm and leading her into the other room. After the door closed, Giles turned to face Spike, Buffy and Marcus.

“Okay, now explain Rupert,” Buffy ordered evenly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Listen to me, my girl,” Giles ordered his Slayer. “When you first came to me and told me that you were pregnant by William? I was horrified, for many reasons. One of the most important reasons was that Slayers do not normally live long enough to bear children, much less the spawns of demons.”

The Watcher glanced at Spike and shook his head, “sorry,” the older man acknowledged.

“No offense taken, Rupert,” Spike grinned, “I am a demon, right Pops?”

Marcus gave his eldest a frown and nodded at Giles to continue his story.

“I knew, even then,” Giles continued, “that the Council, especially Quentin Travers, would be most interested in your child, Buffy. If they knew, or suspected, for one moment, that your child was the offspring of William the Bloody? My God, Buffy, do you know what would have happened? I tried to explain it to you, then. Knew William here loved and worshipped you. If he knew you were with child back then? He’d never have let himself be driven from you or Sunnydale.”

“True,” Spike growled softly. “I’d ‘ave faced the wrath of God himself if…”

“Silence,” Marcus roared at his son, “continue Watcher,” the vampire nodded at his nemesis.

“It was hard enough to convince Travers and the Council to stay away from you and your child, once James was born.” Giles sighed, a deep, regretful sound. “Believe me, I did my best. Succeeded, too,” the Watcher grimmaced in memory.

“If they had any idea that your child was a vampire’s?” The Watcher shuddered, visibly. “The Council would have sequestered both you and James, Buffy, at the least. At the most?”

“What?” Buffy hissed, holding Giles’ gaze in hers.

“About you?” Giles met his Slayer’s gaze, boldly, “I do not know, for sure. James? They would have turned your son into a medical experiment. Certainly.”

Buffy’s body began to shake, violently, and Spike held her to him, to comfort her.

“I’d never have let that happen, Watcher,” Spike hissed as he ran his hands down Buffy’s arms and then clutched her to him.

“Of course not,” Giles nodded, “but I had no idea that you were Spike Aurileous then. As William? You were vulnerable, somewhat. As the heir to the Aurileous Clan? Invincible,” Giles slumped back down into his chair, defeated.

“In my opinion,” Giles took the floor, again, “Travers is siding with Riley Finn and his clan for one reason. To gain access and control over James. Why else would the old fool encourage an upstart like Riley to ‘go to the mattresses’ with the Godfather and his all powerful family. Travers is a pompous arse,” Giles finished with a snarl.



“I have always thought of you, Buffy, dear, as my own daughter,” Giles murmered as he reached out to take her hand in his.

“Therefore,” he continued with a sigh, “I see James as my own grandson. Much like Marcus here does. Just without the true ‘blood’ bond that the Aurileous have with James.”

“So,” Xander finally piped in, “Quentin Travers, and maybe the whole Council? They’re siding with Riley Finn in this little mixer? For what? To gain complete control of Buffy and James?”

“I can see no other reason,” Giles grunted sadly. “Travers and Company are banding with Finn and his ridiculous Wu Tang Clan to take control of the Hellmouth, Buffy Summers and most importantly? James.”

“I’ll blow them all to Hell before I let them have my son!” Buffy cried, angrily. “The Council, Riley and…”

“Not before I rip them all new assholes!” Spike roared, pulling Buffy behind his body, in some metaphoric possessive move.

“That might not be necessary,” Giles sighed, “if William here was to…” he left the sentence unfinished.

“If Will claims me, is that it?” Buffy whispered softly.

“Yes,” Giles replied. “Look,” the Watcher continued, carefully. “It’s obvious that you and your William love each other. You have a child together, a very powerful son that for some reason? A lot of beings want and need for their own agenda. Frankly, Buffy, I, as your son’s surrogate Grandfather, feel that it’s best for James to be in the company of his Father’s Clan. A family that loves him, no matter that they are demons. A family bound by their blood and lineage, and loyalty to each other. James will not be safe, Buffy, unless you give in and allow William to take you as his bride.”

Giles glanced at the Godfather, who was beaming like a freakin’ light at Buffy and Spike.

“You see, Slayer,” Marcus said, “your Watcher is a wise man. He knows that you and my Grandson are better off, under the protection of our Family.”

Buffy stared at Giles, her Watcher,mentor and surrogate father. She felt, somehow, that she was in an old Victorian based movie. One where the male had to ask permission from the ‘father’ of the bride for her hand in marriage.

“Are any of you aware that this ‘is’ the 21st Century?” Buffy muttered as she turned to face her William. She gave her ‘mate’ a look of exasperated impatience.

“Of course, Princess,” Spike purred, pulling Buffy into him, once again. “But you and I, our son and families? Our destinies? Whether it’s the 21st Century or not, there are powerful magics and prophecies working here. We cannot defy or deny those things.” The vampire leaned in to kiss his Buffy, ignoring the grins and murmers of the ‘audience’ around them.



“You know you want me to claim you, baby,” he whispered, seductively, in her ear as he stroked her back and arms. “This is just the icing on the cake, to have your Watcher’s blessing.”

Buffy trembled, as Spike did, in anticipation of the claiming ritual that would take place. If only Buffy would give the word.

“I love you,” Spike said, loud enough for everyone, including Willow and Wesley to hear, in the next room. With the door closed tight. He ran his fingers down her face, tenderly and gazed, lovingly into her moist green eyes.

“I love you,” Buffy replied, softly. She clasped his hand in hers and gazed into his honest blue eyes.

Buffy broke her gaze from William and turned to her Watcher, Giles, and the Godfather.

“So,” Buffy began, cheerfully, “do I get to plan a real white wedding for myself and Will, or is it just something ‘like’ that? A bitey ritual that some vampire/watcher priests get to watch and…”

“Something like that,” Spike purred as he wrapped his arms about his mate and pulled her flush to his chest. “But the actual claiming will be private, sweetheart, promise,” he finished, seductively.

“Come on Buff,” Xander chuckled, surprisingly tickled by this turn of events. “Like ‘you’ are entitled to a white wedding? Please!” The dark haired human male laughed, outright, until Spike glared at him, angrily.

“I wanted to wait,” Buffy whispered, a little disappointed by this turn of events. “Wanted it to be on ‘our time’ Will,” she added with a pout. “When we were both ready to be united, totally together,” she felt the tears begin to slip from her eyes.

“I know, Princess,” Spike murmered softly, “but sometimes we can’t have it the way we want, exactly. It’s imperitive, sweet, to move our ‘wedding’ up a bit. Make sure I’ve claimed you good and proper, right away. It’s best for you, James and most definitely, me,” he added with an eager smile.

Spike leaned into Buffy and whispered in her ear, again, so just she could hear his words:

“I’ll make sure, later, on the Honeymoon,” he purred in a syrupy, husky voice, “that you and me ‘celebrate’ like a couple of newlyweds. Please believe me, Buffy,” he continued gently, “I want our union to be perfect, too.”

“I believe you,” Buffy whispered, mesmerized by her ‘man’s’ tender, deep voice.

“Prepare for the claiming ritual,” Marcus bellowed, happily out to the ‘crowd’ about him. “My son is taking his eternal mate and I want everything to go strictly by tradition and be completely perfect.”

“Too bad Darla and Drusilla aren’t here to help with the ritual arrangements, eh Dad?” Angel chuckled as he slapped his older brother on the back.

“Yeah, too bad,” Connor grimmaced, “Darla’s okay, but Drusilla? She’d probably bring that damn doll of hers, Miss Edith, and insist that the bint be a bride’s maid at the ceremony.”

“Can I at least go home? Talk to my mom and have ‘her’ give me away at this makeshift wedding?” Buffy pouted again, sending Spike into a frenzy of unbridled pre-wedding lust for her.

‘Never could take that sexy pout of hers,’ Spike thought. He began to conjure up all kinds of visions of their ‘claiming’ night and what he was going to do to his Buffy after the ritual.

“Anything,” Spike rasped as he clasped Buffy and pulled her to him, tightly. This nearly caused the Slayer to pass out from lack of breath.

“Gotta’ breathe, Will,” Buffy gasped. The vampire let loose, a bit, of his future bride.

Willow and Wesley brought James out of the secluded room at that moment.

“Can I be a bridesmaid?” Willow squealed, excitedly.

“It’s not a ‘real’ wedding Wills,” Buffy pouted again, snuggling into William. “Just some old stinky ritual that’s gonna’ keep the wolves away from the door. If you know what I mean that is.”

“It’s more then that!” Spike gasped loudly, clutching Buffy, almost roughly.

“This ‘ritual’ is more as strong and powerful as a human wedding,” Spike explained, seriously. “When I claim you, sweetheart, and you claim me? We’re bonded, for eternity to each other. There’ll be no seperations or divorces. No separate vacations, no separate rooms or running back to Mum’s house when we argue. This claiming ritual is more potent, more binding then any human rite could be. An exchange of our love vows and our blood. I love you, Buffy,” he rasped, holding her face up to keep her gaze bound to his. “You are mine, and I am yours, forever,” he finished by crashing his lips onto Buffy’s.

Buffy returned her mate’s kiss, fervently and when their lips parted, finally?

“Call the caterer,” Buffy murmered in a raspy voice as she and Will gazed at each other, lovingly.

“I want the biggest ‘red velvet’ cake they have at the bakery. Mom can throw together a white sheath dress,” Buffy added with a smirk.

“Can I carry the rings?” James cried, happily as he leapt out of Willow’s arms and ran to his Mum and Dad.

“Of course you can, poppet,” Spike grinned down at his little man and touseled his fair hair, gently.

“This,” Marcus bellowed, proudly, “calls for a true celebration!”

The vampire motioned for Charles Gunn to go into the back room. When the ex-Scoobie returned, he carried a large, unique looking old bottle of some kine of liquer.

“The finest Scotch,” Marcus beamed as he signalled for Wesley to open the bottle and glasses to be brought.

“You look like a Scotch drinking human, Watcher,” Marcus smiled, cautiously, at Rupert Giles.

“That I am, Godfather,” Giles smiled, benevolently at his enemy. “That I am.”


A/N: This story has maybe four or five good chapters left in it (I hope!) Next chapter…the claiming/wedding ritual between Spike and Buffy! Yeah!!!!! Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 14: 'Anything' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you, to everyone reading this and all the reviews.
LA COSA NOSTRA, LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE



Chapter 14: ‘Anything’





A/N: Okay, it’s like 80 something degrees, in LA and nobody can sleep. It’s 8:30 PM, for Heaven’s sake and 80 something degrees! Anyway, thought I’d take this time (of unsleeping) to write another chapter of this fic. Once I get this and ‘You Never Can Tell’ finished? I can start my ‘fiction film noire!’


“I have to plan a ‘wedding’ in less then 48 hours?” Joyce Summers gasped at her beautiful, somewhat strange daughter, Buffy.

“So it would seem,” Buffy mumbled weakly, averting her eyes from the mother-in-law to be.

“How and when? Most importantly, why?” Joyce hissed at her daughter, the all mighty Slayer of demons.

“It’s a demon thingy, Mom,” Buffy tried to explain, “of course,” the Slayer continued, matter-of-factly, “I love Will, he loves me. That’s a given, but the whole claiming thingy? It’s necessary to…”

“Make sure that Riley Finn, the fucker,” Spike broke into his Buffy’s explainations, “doesn’t try and take hold of my woman, or our son,” the blond vampire grunted at his future mother-in-law.

Buffy groaned, inwardly, at her William’s harsh, crude terminology. Especially in front of her mother, Joyce Summers.

“I’ve asked you, Will,” Buffy sighed in frustration, “begged you to not curse. In front of our son, in front of my Mom? Heck in front of…”

“Me?” Dawn Summers giggled from the top of the stairs. The teenage, blue-eyed girl bounded down the steps of the Summers’ home and stood, right in front of her sister, Buffy. The all mighty Slayer of demons.

“I’ll help, with the wedding, that is,” Dawn blurted out, excited to be a part of everything. “I’ll help make the cake, fix the dress and, hello…” the brunette teen girl changed the path of her conversation, in a 180 degree nano second! The minute she finally caught a glimpse of Connor Aurileous, sitting, almost patiently, in the Summers’ front living room.

Dawn totally forgot her mother, sister, and future brother-in-law, as she sidled over to the sofa and stood in front of this handsome, albeit shaggy haired youth. With a coy little chuckle, Dawn asked, “who might you be?”

“I, I’m Connor,” the young vampire responded, shyly. “Spike’s my older brother and I’ve just wanted to meet you, so badly,” the teen stammered, bashfully.

Spike nodded at Connor, signalling the boy to do as he was instructed.

Connor took Dawn’s soft hand, in his, and brought it up to meet his lips. With a quick, courtly kiss to the youngest Summers’ palm, Connor let loose of the precious hand and smiled up at the lovely youngest Summers girl.

“Wow,” Dawn murmered, placing her just kissed hand to her own lips, in awe. “That was just amazing,” she whispered, stunned by this handsome, if evil killing machine in front of her.

“Find something for your brother to do, now,” Buffy hissed, in a whisper, to Spike. “Get their teenage hormones back on track and…”

“Conn,” Spike piped up, quickly, “you need to go home. Well, to the lair that is and tell Dad that everything is going as planned.”

Connor gave his brother a dirty look, but stood up to leave the Summers’ residence.

“Can I go?” Dawn suddenly chimed in. “With Connor I mean?” she asked, excitedly.

“Not likely,” Buffy hissed as she motioned for Connor to leave the Summers’ house. “It’s dark out, Connor,” Buffy reminded the teen vampire, “you’re safe to go outside. Dawn, on the other hand,” Buffy continued with a frown.

“Remember, RJ?” Buffy whispered to her dejected looking younger sister. “Remember,” Buffy muttered, pointing at Connor, “little mini-me killing machine?”

“RJ who?” Dawn murmered in response, never taking her blue eyes off Connor’s brown ones.

“Connor,” Spike muttered, just loud enough for the boy vampire to hear, “make a move now.”

Connor reluctantly shuffled out of the Summers’ living room, to the front door. “I’ll see you later, Mrs. Summers, Buffy, Spike, oh, and Dawn,” the demon smiled, charmingly at the youngest Summers.

“Bye, bye, Connor,” Dawn cooed at Connor with a flirty little wink and a wave, goodbye.

“Gosh,” Dawn murmered, still a little awe struck, “Connor’s incredible!”

“Oh, dear God,” Joyce Summers whispered, in horror, doing a pretty good imitation of Rupert Giles. Without the glasses cleaning that is.

“Dawn, my cake? Any ideas?” Buffy asked, impatiently, trying not to glare at her future husband. “Try and remember that this is not a traditional ‘white wedding’ and all. It’s more of a ritual and…” Buffy eyed her little sister with concern. The dark haired Summers’ girl was still staring at the front door, longingly.

‘You brought him here, William,’ Buffy accused Spike, with her mind. Totally unprepared for the next sequence of events.

She got quite a shock herself when Spike ‘thought’ back in response, and she ‘could’ hear him. ‘Conn’s my baby brother, what else could I do. Besides,’ the vampire smirked, wickedly, ‘don’t the two kiddies remind you of another couple?’

Buffy smiled, softly, yes, the two kiddies, as Will had described Connor and Dawn, did indeed remind her of ‘another’ couple. One from three years before.


‘Flashback; Three years earlier; Spike and Buffy POV’s’


Buffy was dancing, hotly, as usual, at the Bronze, with Xander and Willow, her two bestest friends. Actually? Buffy was dancing, Xander was flaying his arms about, wackily and Willow was just moving, somewhat, back and forth to the music, totally lost on the dance floor.

No matter, to Buffy, it beat the heck out of studying French irregular verbs, with Willow, at an obscure table at the Bronze. Which is what they’d been doing, just a few minutes before.

“So,” Buffy whined at the dark haired male teen, and his cohort, Willow the Red, “I’m stuck doing this stupid parent/teacher night and making doilies for the greeting tables! Have I said it before? I detest Principal Snyder!”

“Make the best of it, Buff,” Willow was cooing, trying to keep up with the alternative rock beat. “Just get through it and be happy, don’t worry?” The red head grinned, affectionately, at Buffy.

“Hmmm,” Buffy murmered as her green eyes scanned the main floor of the Bronze. They finally settled on ‘someone’ a ‘real, real’ someone!

‘Holy sh**!’ Buffy thought, in shock. ‘Who the heck is that?’ she almost stopped dancing, long enough to really check out this ‘stranger’ at the Bronze.

He wore all black; jeans, shirt and leather duster. His hair was nearly silver, it was so freakin’ blond, and his eyes? They were cobalt blue, Buffy could tell, from here, even. This guy just screamed ‘Billy Idol’ in the flesh!

Without thinking, Buffy smiled at the handsome stranger, then suddenly, she frowned. Disappointment seeped through Buffy, like a thick, heavy, cold fog.

‘Vampire!’ she hissed silently, her tummy sinking. ‘A fucking, worthless piece of shit, Vampire!’ Her spidey sense had suddenly gone into full alert as she glared at the dangerous looking blond speciman, just a few yards from her and her friends. That’s when Buffy noticed, completely…the ‘Billy Vampire?’ He was staring right back at her, a smirk on his handsome mouth.

‘She’s bloody amazing!’ Spike gasped as he stared at his beautiful, deadly ‘enemy’ Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

‘Wonder if she fucks as well as she dances?’ he smirked at the ‘bane’ of his existence, the Slayer. ‘Hope so,’ he began to close the gap between him and the slayer. ‘Bloody hell, does this Bronze band really think they can imitate Dramarama?’


‘Anything/Anything’ (by Dramarama)


‘oh, gee, what is it tonight?
At least just tell me what the hell is wrong.
Do you want to eat, do you want to sleep do you want to
Drown?
Just settle down, settle down, settle down.
I’ll give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills.
I’ll even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Just marry me, marry me, marry me!’






‘Who the hell names their kid, Buffy?’ the vampire chuckled silently, watching, intently, as his prey realized just ‘what’ he was.

‘An ex-hippie?’ Spike reasoned, another smirk forming on his mouth. ‘A dope head?’ he wondered, briefly, as he watched his target scurry out the back door of the Bronze. ‘That’s it, an ex-hippie would name a kid Buffy,’ he chuckled.

‘Fuck!’ Spike hissed as he sped off after the little vixen, intent on catching her and…

‘And what?’ he asked himself, suddenly stopping in his tracks. ‘Intent on killing her?’ he mumbled, trying to answer his own question, weakly.

Killing his third slayer was just exactly the reason that William the Bloody, aka, Spike Aurileous, had come to Sunnydale. He’d heard tales of ‘this’ all mighty slayer. The one true, all powerful slayer of his kind and his mortal enemy.

But now? After watching this little slip of a girl, this young, beautiful, sexy little minx dance with her friends? Laugh with them and enjoy ‘life’ so much? Breathe in the vibrant air around her and taste the life that would probably be cut too short, by the likes of him? And, yes, frankly, Spike had watched this little Buffy the Slayer, check him out, eagerly. That is before she realized who, or what he really was.


Suddenly? The fact that he, Spike Aurileous, was one of the walking undead disgusted him. Made him want to…

“Want to what?” Spike hissed loudly, out in the alley, “Kill the Slayer? Or kiss her? Or even better? Fuck her to….”

“Back off vampire!” Buffy stepped out of the alley’s dark shadows (!) and faced off with him, bravely.

“Make me, Slayer,” Spike purred, sensuously, as he began to circle his prey, much like a jungle cat.

“What was that?” Buffy chuckled, wickedly. “Did I just hear you, an obviously master vampire ask me to ‘slay you’ or am I losing my hearing?”

“No,” Spike responded with a lick of his lips, “I never said ‘slay me’ Slayer,” he quipped. “Lay me, maybe, but not slay me. And if you lose anything tonight? It’ll be your virginity, sweetheart,” he growled as he leapt at Buffy, with absolutely no intent to ‘harm’ her in any way.

‘Yeah, that’s it!’

“Too late,” Buffy quipped back, “lost my virginity, uhm, let’s see,” she pretended to ‘think’ about that one. “I guess it was maybe, a month or two ago?”

Spike stopped, in mid-leap to fall back down to the ground. He hunched over, then glared up at the beautiful slayer, a predatory, jealous look in his blue eyes.

“What worthless fuck took you!” Spike roared, suddenly going all cave vampire on this ‘little treasure’ before him.

“High School sweetie, name of Scott Hope,” Buffy grinned, proudly. “He’s not much on the technique, but the stamina? Oh, my!” she laughed heartily, for some reason enjoying the jealous anger in this beautiful vampire’s blue eyes.

“I’ll show ‘you’ stamina, bitch!” Spike roared again as he rose up and flung his body at Buffy. He slammed her, painfully, against the alley wall and pinned her there, forcefully.

“I’ll show you stamina and technique, Buffy my sweet,” Spike repeated, huskily. The vampire leaned his head down and captured her warm rosy lips with his cool ones.

Buffy didn’t even try and struggle against this master vampire. Heck, why should she? After all, he was definitely not trying to kill her, unless you counted kissing someone to death as a kill. No, this handsome, sexy, British talking evil undead menace to society was kissing Buffy, like she’d never been kissed before. And God help her? She was kissing him back, quite eagerly.

Spike pulled away from the kissage, briefly, and gazed into this Golden Godesses’ green eyes, a little stunned.

“Never been kissed, quite like that,” he rasped, lustfully. His blue eyes alight with desire and affection.

“Me neither,” Buffy murmered, equally stunned (and lustful).

“I,” Buffy began, but was cut off, before she could even protest.

Spike began his assault, on her lips, with his, once more and after that? Buffy didn’t give a rat’s ass what happened.

Neither, as it turned out, did Spike. Or William the Bloody, as Buffy would soon come to know him by.


‘Present time’


“Daddy, Mummy,” James pulled on Spike’s duster, “I know it’s not a truly, truly traditional wedding? But do I still get to be ring bearer?”

Buffy looked down at her little son, who, for some reason stood three feet tall, at a little more then two-years-old. It never ceased to amaze Buffy, how much James looked like William, acted like him and carried himself like his father.

“Of course, baby,” Buffy smiled down at her son, lovingly. “But I don’t know what rings we’ll have,” she continued with a frown. “Daddy’s daddy has his ring and my ring seems to be on Riley…”

“There’ll be rings,” Spike grunted, defensively. “We will have rings, poppet,” the vampire grinned at his boy and picked him up in his strong, safe arms.

“How?” Buffy asked, “with your ring on Marcus’ finger and mine on…”

“We’ll have rings!” Spike hissed, losing all patience, for some reason by this time. Except with his son, James, who he held tightly to his cool, pale body and hugged protectively.

“New rings,” Spike explained, abruptly. “Better ones,” he muttered, tousling his sons fair curls and gazing at Buffy.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered, accepting her soon to be mate’s explaination.

“I have a ring for you,” Spike blushed, averting his eyes from his soon to be mate. “Special one, and I got one for you to give to me,” he added, shyly.

“Oh!” Buffy squealed, suddenly delighted at this turn of events. She leapt up and wrapped her arms about both William and their son, James, squeezing them tightly to her.

“We just need to get them blessed, specially,” Spike mumbled in a muffled voice. “By…”

“Blessed?” Buffy pulled back and looked at her William, shocked. “Since when, William the Bloody, do you need ‘anything’ blessed by anyone and…”

“Your Watcher, and me Dad, they can do it,” Spike offered, again, blushing profusely. “It’s all part of the ritual,” Spike continued. “My Dad, and Giles? They need to perform the words, over us, before we…”

“Well, okay,” Joyce Summers piped up, saving the moment for everyone. “That’s settled!” she quickly changed the subject, tactfully.

“So,” Joyce continued, brightly,” we’ll throw together a dress, no minister necessary, I take it.” Buffy shrugged at her mother, who sighed back at her daughter.

“Rupert and Mr. Aurileous can perform the ‘words’ as William so diplomatically put it and…”

“It’s Godfather Aurileous,” Buffy interjected before her mother could go on. “William’s Dad? His title is Godfather Aurileous and you better believe that’s what he prefers. Right baby?” She grinned at William, the not so Bloody, who at this moment, was cuddling his son to him, lovingly.

“Right,” Spike replied, softly, as he tickled James’ little chin, affectionately.

“Okay, Godfather it is, then,” Joyce sighed heavily. “I just hope there’s no ‘hit’ on your wedding day or honeymoon. In fact,” the elder Summers female gasped, “where the hell is this ‘ritual’ going to take place?”

“Here,” Buffy offered, weakly, giving her mother her best ‘I love you Mommy Dearest’ smile.

“Oh, okay, Buffy darling,” Joyce nodded, a little reluctantly. “We’ll have the ceremony here, but I’m not sure just how many guests I can accomadate and sit.”

“Don’t worry, Joyce,” Spike chuckled, “only family and the most important members of the Clan can witness the ceremony. Of course,” he scowled, briefly, “Buffy’s ‘friends’ can attend, but only on their best, most reverent behavior.” Spike shot Buffy a look of warning regarding this matter.

“It’s very important that everyone attending respect the whole ceremony, Buffy, Joyce? They must be respectful, courteous and above all? Supportive of my claim on Buffy and…”

“They’re not going to watch the sex/claiming thingy, are they William?” Dawn was nearly gagging at the thought of it. “That would just be ‘ewwwww’ and…”

“No, Bit,” Spike chuckled warmly. “The ‘guests’ are only privy to the ceremony, our verbal joining ritual,” he began to laugh. “Could you imagine, Buffy? Letting anyone watch us go at it and claim each other?”

Everyone in the room broke down into bursts of laughter, everyone that is except James, who did not understand. Oh, and Buffy, who was quite perturbed by now.

“I don’t find this funny, not in the least!” Buffy cried angrily. “I’m giving myself to an evil, killing undead vampire and you’re all making jokes and innuendos about it!”

The Slayer huffed and puffed, then stomped out of the living room, totally exasperated by this time.

“I’ll handle this, Joyce,” Spike nodded at his future mother-in-law, with confidence. “Always could handle my Buffy,” he mumbled. “Well,” he added, “most always anyway.”

Spike found his Buffy, in the back yard, sitting on her back door steps, her golden head bowed.

“I’m sorry,” Spike murmered as he sat next to his love and wrapped his arm about her. “Sorry this isn’t going to be some wedding from ‘Bride Magazine’ with all the trimmings and a sanctified Priest or Minister involved.”

“It’s okay,” Buffy whispered, unconvincingly. “I just always envisioned my wedding as being this perfect ceremony. With a white cake, dress and flowers. The Reverend Caleb Montgomery, from the 1st Baptist Church, officiating and Daddy giving me away.

“I know,” Spike sighed deeply, nuzzling his lips into Buffy’s soft neck. “Instead, you get my Da, your Watcher, reading from an old dusty tome. While the Aurileous Clan and their main mouthpiece ‘Wesley, stake up his arse’ Pryce oversees things, to make sure it’s done right and proper. That and your mother weeping in the background, Dawnie and Connor making moony eyes at each other. Not to mention your best friends, Harris and Red, glaring at you, probably hoping I’ll turn to dust before we say ‘I do’ and make it upstairs to the claiming part.”

“You better not turn to dust, before we ‘claim’ each other that is,” Buffy growled, burying her head into William’s shoulder. “I would hate to have to scatter your ashes to the four winds and…”

Spike cut Buffy off, quickly, with a kiss to her lips.

“Not going anywhere,” the vampire murmered into his love’s luscious mouth. “Never going anywhere, without you or our James, my sweet,” he promised again. “I’d do anything for you, baby,” Spike promised in an honest, soothing voice. “You and James are everything to me,” he finished with a warm smile. Something that was quite unique, for a vampire, that is.




A/N: I’ve decided to drag this tale out a little longer. Some intrigue, next time. Will Spike and Buffy ever get to that claiming ritual? Or will the evil, ucky Riley Finneous leader of the Wu Tang Clan find a way to interrupt the ceremony? Hmmm…

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 15: 'More Human Then Human' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading and reviewing. My RL is slowly, surely seeping up to overwhelm me, so I'm trying to write my fictions' chapters as much as possible.

Thanks.
Luv, spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 15: ‘More Human Then Human’


“Shhhhh,” Buffy whispered to Spike as she bent over their son and tucked him into his little bed, again. “Don’t say a word, Will,” Buffy murmered another warning.

“It’s hard enough to get our son asleep, but with you here? It’s nearly impossible and…”

“He’s fucking amazing,” Spike sighed in awe, still amazed at this little creature that he and his Buffy had created.

“Yes, he is,” Buffy chuckled softly. “But as amazing as he is? He still needs his sleep, like mortals, Will. At night that is.”

Spike pouted, showing his slight disappointment at the fact that his ‘amazing’ son show more mortal/human traits. Then demon/vampire ones, that is.

“Oh come on, ya’ big baby,” Buffy giggled softly. “James might be a more ‘human then human’ but I promise you, he’s vampire,too. Don’t worry about that!” She finished with a big, proud smile, directed at her her soon to be ‘mate’ for eternity.

“I know, just that…” Spike whispered, still eyeing his offspring, James, as if he were the second coming.

“What about your sister, Drusilla?” Buffy asked, suddenly. “Your mother, according to your dad, what still part human when she was conceived. Is your sister all vampire? Or does she have human traits as well?”

“Mostly vampire,” Spike answered, with scrunched brows. “But, there is one human trait old Drussy has. I call her Drussy, it’s me pet name for her.”

“Charming,” Buffy quipped, with a snort-like chuckle. “Especially with your cockney intone there, when you say it,” she continued to giggle softly.

“Hmmm, I guess,” Spike replied, a bit of a chuckle emitting from his own mouth. “But the truth is? Drusilla can walk in the daylight, when need be. Of all the human traits she could get from our hybrid mother? She gets the daywalker thing going for her. Lucky Drussy, eh?”



“Yeah, lucky,” Buffy murmered in reply, deep in thought.

‘He’s envious,’ Buffy reasoned about her lover. ‘Wants to be able to walk in daylight, like me, James and his sister. My poor baby, Will. He’s doomed to eternal darkness, that is if he wants to survive at all.’

From downstairs, somewhere in the vicinity of the Summers’ front door, came a hellacious noise. Actually, it was more of a ruckus.

Spike looked at Buffy, who looked back at Spike and the two bottle blonds rushed out of the bedroom door. By the time they’d made it downstairs, to the front room, they were met with a most bizarre sight.

Joyce Summers was standing in her front living room, arms crossed over her chest and looking like she was about ready to go ballistic. Just a few feet in front of her, Spike and Buffy saw six shadowy figures, just inside the front door.

“Dad?” Spike mumbled, a little embarrassed by his formidible father’s presence.

“William,” Marcus stepped out of the shadows and grinned at his eldest son. “Giles here,” he pointed at a very ‘happy’ Watcher, who stumbled up to join his new ‘best’ friend by his side.

Rupert Giles wore the goofiest grin and Buffy realized, at that instant, that her Watcher was drunk, again. So, for that matter, it seemed, was Will’s dad, the all mighty Godfather.

“Giles and me,” Marcus slurred, “we drank half the stock of that fine Scotch I opened. We were doin’ pretty well, son. Toasting you, my beautiful, soon-to-be daughter-in-law,” here Marcus gave Buffy a rakish wink of his blue right eye. “Especially “our “amazing grandson, James! ” The vampire grinned at Spike, “until Wesley and Angel started at game of…what was that thing you called it, Angel?”

“Chug-a-lug, Dad,” Angel chuckled wickedly, stepping out of the front hallway, to stand next to Marcus. Angel smirked at Spike and Buffy, trying very hard not to laugh out loud.

“That’s it!” Marcus screeched, gleefully. “Chug-a-lug! I won!” The Godfather cried happily. “I won the game!” he finished with a smug grin.

“That’s just grand, Dad,” Spike grumbled, embarrassed by his father’s juvenile behavior. “But is this really the time to crash in my Buffy’s home? Make yourself…”

“Hello,” Marcus greeted Joyce Summers, grinning from ear to ear. “You must be Buffy’s Mum,” he added with a rogish wink at the older woman.

“That would be me,” Joyce whispered, half in awe, half in shock at the this huge, albeit handsome vampire who now took her hand in his.

“Charmed,” Marcus whispered as he gallantly kissed Joyce’s hand.

“Gosh,” Joyce murmered, her blue eyes wide in stunned ‘something’ or other.

“Godfather?” Giles hissed, “I believe I informed you, about two bottles ago? That ‘I’ fancy Joyce Summers for myself. I would think, as two gentlemen, from her Majesty’s…”

“I’m a married ‘man’ Rupert,” Marcus gasped, taken aback by the Watcher’s indignant jealousy. “But I can still admire a lovely, wonderful human woman who shares the bloodline of my only grandson. Can’t I?”

“True, true,” Giles slurred slightly, “Joyce ‘is’ a lovely and wonderful woman. I’ve always thought so and….”

“All right,” Buffy raised her hand, as if so stop this nonsense that was unfolding in her front living room.

“Hey Buff! Hey Peroxide Boy!” Xander giggled, drunkenly, as he stumbled over to throw his arms about Spike. “You’re old man? He’s pretty cool, you know that?” the dark haired teen chuckled. “And your little brother Angel? He showed me the neatest trick. Did you know old Angel here could touch his eyebrows with his tongue and…”

“That is enough!” Buffy cried, suddenly fed up with this whole drunken drama thing. “What the hell is going on here?” she added, eyeing first, Xander, then Marcus and Angel and finally Giles.

“Just a friendly little wager, Miss Summers,” Wesley offered as he wrapped his arm about his best mate, Angel. “Angel here and I thought that all of us should get better acquainted and what better way then board games and the like. To break the ice and all? The Scotch ‘was’ superb and…..”

“Where’s Connor?” Spike asked, suddenly quite anxious that his little brother was very absent.

“At the lair, with Doyle. He’s perfectly safe, man,” Gunn replied, his perfect smile just radiated calm and security and…

“We thought, my damned to hell brethren and I,” Giles stammered, stopping to ‘think’ before he spoke. “We thought,” Rupert continued, “that we should come here, to your home, Buffy dearest. And you, Joyce, of course, to make plans for the ‘ceremony’ and all. The ritual must be perfect, of course. In every way,” Giles finished with a firm nod of his handsome head.

“Perfect,” Marcus repeated, slapping Giles on his back, heartily, “in every way,” the Godfather added with a slight hiccup.

“Oh dear God,” Buffy whispered, still shell shocked by all of this comedy of errors going on in the front room. She was beginning to feel like Giles, when she told him she was pregs with James.

“Dad,” Spike stammered, nearly blushing from embarrassment, himself, “I think we should do ‘this’ at another time. Say at some time that’s not 2:30 AM, like now?” The blond vampire held Buffy close to him, perhaps worried that his love might just pull out an extra stake or two and stop all of this drama for the night. Or the morning, as the case really was.

“Buffy,” Joyce sighed loudly, “I’m thinking that maybe ‘now’ is exactly the right time to plan all of this. Let’s face it, honey,” the mother groaned, wearily, “you’re life has never, is not and will never be ‘normal’ or right, that’s for sure. So we might as well ‘have this out’ right here and now. Oh, and Rupert,” Joyce gave the Watcher a ‘look’ of mock anger, “I would like to talk to ‘you’ privately, as soon as possible?” The older Summers winked at the grinning fool of an ex-librarian and headed into the kitchen.

“Tea? All around?” Joyce called out behind her as she swung open the kitchen door. “Except for you, William, and Buffy. I know you like the hot chocolate, right?”


“Wonderful woman,” Marcus Aurileous murmered as he watched Joyce go into the kitchen.

“The best,” Giles sighed in total agreement with his new found friend.

“So, why don’t we get this ‘party’ started,” Angel asked, flippantly as he flopped down on Joyce Summers’ favorite setee.

“I thought I would do the ritual incantation, Buffy dear,” Giles was pacing about the front room, sipping his sixth cup of tea.

“I think it’s most important to have the traditional vampire ceremony, first, don’t you Marcus?” Wesley hummed as he sipped his own tea, carefully. “Of course ‘you’ would be the high priest of our Clan, my Godfather,” the dark haired handsome vampire continued, smugly. “It’s only fitting that your eldest son and his mate begin their new ‘unlife’ together by your words and…”

“What the hell does he mean,” Buffy hissed to William, harshly, “with that ‘unlife’ thingy stuff,” she finished with a frown at her fiance.

“Words, my sweet,” Spike cooed, “merely words by an ex-watcher who thinks he’s the authority on vampire lore. Now that he’s been turned and all.” Spike took Buffy’s tiny hand in his and kissed it, tenderly.

“Hmmm,” Buffy mumbled, suspiciously, and turned her attention back, once more, on what was being said at the moment.

Spike was trying to placate his beloved Buffy as much as ‘vampirely’ possible. Which was too much, unfortunately. The truth was, Spike was well aware that he was expected to turn Buffy, and quite soon after he had claimed and re-mated with her.

“There must be a high priest,” Marcus interjected, “one of ours,” he added with an authoritive nod of his handsome head. “I will not stand for ‘anyone’ but one of ours to…”

“Of course,” Giles nodded in reply, looking as if the old vampire had lost his mind. To think that the humans and vampires present would not demand a proper, unholy demonic priest to oversee (their part that is) this most important ritual?

“Dad? Angel, Wes, Gunn?” Spike broke into the ‘wedding’ plans, finally. “You all do realize that it is nearly sunrise?” the blond vampire asked with a raised brow.

“It is?” Marcus gasped as he stood up from the chair, nearly knocking over his tea cup.

“It is,” Buffy confirmed wisely, staring out the front window of her house.

“You’d best stay here, until sunset,” Joyce offered quickly, smiling at Marcus and Angel, coyly.

“Over my dead body!” Giles nearly screamed, dropping his cup onto the floor. Thankfully, it didn’t break.

“That can be arranged human,” Gunn hissed as he strode over to the ex-watcher, mortal that he was. “Your dead body that is,” the tall, handsome ex-hit man grumbled.



“Back off Gunn,” Spike hissed, glaring at his father who grinned evilly at these mere mortals about him.

“My children, Mrs. Summers,” Marcus the Godfather began, in a grandiose tone, “have always been my weakness. I am not entirely proud of the fact that I let my offspring rule my ‘heart’ with their own weaknesses and somewhat human ways,” he continued, as the head honcho strode over to Buffy. Marcus placed his long slim fingers under Buffy’s chin and lifted her head up to meet his gaze.

“But,” the Godfather of the Undead continued, proudly, “my children have always brought out a certain soft spot in my unbeating heart. Something I have never been able to explain, nor shall try to, ever. My son, Mrs. Summers, loves your daughter beyond all reason. William has always taken after myself, and my Anne in that way.”

“Buffy’s crazy ass in love with Spike, too, Godfather,” Xander piped in, reluctantly. “She talks about him all of the time and…”

“Talks about me, eh? All of the time, huh?” Spike chuckled as he held Buffy close to his cool body.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” Buffy snipped, but she grinned as she looked at the floor of her mother’s front room.

“It’s not been easy, for my Buffy, Godfather Aurileous,” Joyce whispered, sadly.

“I know,” Marcus nodded, gazing at Buffy, thoughtfully.

“Nor for my son, but perhaps. Together? Perhaps our children can mend the tear in the human/demon world. Make things easier for themselves and their children, in the future.” Marcus smiled, allowing his fangs to show, just the slightest, “at least,” he sighed dramatically, “we can but hope.”


Buffy woke up, on the couch, with Will draped across her. She noticed that he had made sure they were covered in her mother’s favorite afghan.

As she glanced about the front living room, Buffy noticed a number of things. Well, make that a number of ‘things’ and two other humans.

Giles was asleep, on the big comfy chair that used to belong to Buffy’s dad, Hank. Xander was snuggled, carefully, on the fireplace mantel, somehow lying over two or three heavy blankets for a bed.

Marcus was lying, flat on his back, arms crossed over his chest (in death mode) on the living room floor. Since the Godfather did not have to breathe, he did not have to snore.

Gunn was stretched out in front of the fireplace,on the floor also, on his side. Buffy noticed that he had the most lovely ‘peaceful’ expression on his face.

Angel, Will’s brother, lay on the floor, just next to the couch. As if to ‘stand’ guard for his older brother and his soon to be mate.

‘Oh shit!’ Buffy sighed silently. ‘This looks like some perverted sleepover!


“Welcome to my nightmare,” Will whispered, sarcastically, snuggling Buffy closer to him.

“Some nightmare,” Buffy mumbled, “a nightmare on Revello Street,” she tried not to laugh at loud over the ridiculousness of all this.

“What the!” Dawn cried from the top of the stairs as she surveyed the whole scene before her.

“This looks like an Anne Rice novel,” the teen shook her head in disbelief. “Some teenage horror movie sleepover where…”

“Go back to bed,” Buffy ordered her younger sister, almost in a whisper. “It’s a school day.”

“It’s nearly 10:00 AM, Buff,” Dawn informed Buffy, matter-of-factly. “We all must have slept for hours over and…”

There was a quick, urgent knock at the front door of the Summers’ home.

“Who’s that?” Buffy asked no one in particular. The Slayer loosed herself from Will’s possessive grasp and headed to the front door, or stumbled actually.

Buffy opened the front door, without thinking really, then choked, in shock at the sight before her.

“Oh Jesus!” Buffy gasped, suddenly ill to her stomach.

Spike leapt up from the couch and hurried to the front door, pulling Buffy back and away from it.

“What is it!” the blond vampire cried, a sinking feeling in the pit of his own stomach.

“It’s…” Buffy gagged, trying not to throw up at the grisly sight before her. On her own front porch.

“Bloody fucking hell!” Spike hissed, finally recognizing the ‘corpse’ that lay on the Summers’ front porch. “That’s that R.J. bloke, innit’ Princess?” he asked, desperately looking into his Buffy’s wide, fearful green eyes.

“Yes,” Buffy hissed, still shell shocked by this abomination.

“What is it?” Dawn yelped from the stairs, “what’s wrong!”

“Go back to your room,” Buffy ordered, gruffly, “now!”

Dawn, for once, did as she was told.

Spike had to stay back, out of the sunlight, but Buffy leaned down and touched the poor teen’s broken neck with her tiny hand.

“What is it?” Giles asked, trying not to yawn, out loud that is. He stumbled over to join Spike and Buffy at the front door.

“Riley Finn’s left his calling card. It would seem,” Buffy whispered, still horrified by the unholy sight on her doorstep. She was trying hard not to cry, at this moment, for the poor innocent boy that lay, crumpled at her feet.

“It’s a way to tell ‘us’ that Finn and his Wu Tang Clan can get to Buffy, her family and everyone or anyone connected to them.” Spike whispered, trying hard not to cross himself, for some weird reason. “At any time,” the blond vampire finished with a grimmace.

“But, Buffy? William?” Giles whispered, blinking in confusion and glancing outside into the street before them.

“It’s bright as noon time,” Giles “mumbled, raspily. “How could this be the work of vampires? It’s broad daylight?”

Spike and Buffy looked down at the broken, dead body of R.J. Simons, then they looked at each other. Giles was right, how could this be the work of vampires?


A/N: I’m really pulling, deep down inside of this story to grind out some more chapters. Thank you for reading and please review. My person RL is just kicking my ass! Luv, Spuf
Chapter 16: 'Order of Protection' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this. I'm going to be updating this fiction more regularly now. Trying to at least.
Luv Spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 16: ‘Order of Protection’


Buffy lay in her bedroom, the one she’d had since she was ten-years-old. Next door, in her younger sister’s room, there was the sound of the unbridled sobbing of Dawn Summers, Buffy’s sister. Dawn wailed, uncontrollably, for R.J. Simons, her school chum, her dead kind of sweetheart.

In the end? Buffy and Spike had to tell Dawnie, about R.J. that is, even if it nearly killed them to do so. Dawn was like a sister to Spike and to Buffy? Well, she was her sister, in theory anyway. Who gave a fuck if Dawn had started out as a green blob of bright energy?

The hardest thing of all? For Buffy, Dawn, Joyce or anyone? It was calling the Sunnydale Police Department and oh yeah, R.J.’s parents, to inform them of the awful news. How do you cover up a heinous crime like this? What do you say to the police? To the family? What? Tell everyone that bikers on PCP got hold of the poor kid and threw his dead body onto the Summers’ doorstep?

That had been hours before, and right now? Buffy had a splitting headache, amplified, no doubt, by little James’ need to run about the house squealing gleefully. He was playing hide-in-seek with his Grandfather, Marcus the Vampire Godfather!

“If Marcus Aurileous pretends to be Count Chocula! One more time” Buffy hissed loudly as she rubbed her temples, gently. “Grandpa or not? I’ll stake him myself and…”

“Baby?” Spike murmured, looking in on Buffy from her bedroom doorway.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied, sullenly. “What now?” she continued, “are space aliens overrunning the Sunnydale Library? Mayor Wilkens just grew three heads? No? Let me guess…the Wu Tang Clan is staging a sit in at City Hall and they’re demanding an end to the Middle Eastern conflict?”

“Buffy,” Spike sighed in frustration. “I’m sorry, about the boy that is. Much as I hate any rival of my little brother’s? I never wanted that poor kid to get caught up in this fucking mess. I’m sorry, really,” he sighed.

“What’s this?” Buffy asked her mate with a sneer, “sympathy from the devil?” She immediately felt remorse at her harsh question. Especially since William gave her that puppy dog look of his. That one that melted her cool, hardened heart.

“I know,” Buffy sighed, sadly, as she held out her long arms for Spike to fall into. “I know you never wanted anyone in my family to be hurt, in any way,” she sniffed.



Relieved, when he did just that, Buffy held her ‘man’ close to her body and let him nuzzle her with his face.

“I’m just sorry, for Dawnie,” Buffy whispered, sorrowfully. “It’s not that my little sister was going to marry the guy or anything. But, damn, Will,” Buffy continued, tiny tears began to fall from her green eyes. “He was Dawnie’s friend, if nothing else. To be murdered? Like this? By some master vampire wanna’ be like Riley Finn?”

Spike stroked Buffy’s arms, with his hands, tenderly, all the while thinking. “I’m not so sure it was Riley or the Clan,” Spike muttered. “I’m thinking about what Giles said. It was complete daylight, baby,” Spike gazed into his lover’s green eyes. “Bright sunlight outside? How could Riley, or his band of losers ever catch and kill that boy? Or, for that matter... How could they place him on your doorstep? In broad daylight?”

“Do you think it was Travers? Or someone else that’s human?” Buffy scrunched up her brows and began to bite her lower lip, anxiously.

“Not sure,” Spike grunted, lying on his back and pulling his Buffy on top of him. He pulled her golden head down, gently, to rest on his chest.

“Hey, Buff,” Willow Rosenberg stood at Buffy’s bedroom door, a look of pure innocence on her face.

“Wills?” Buffy sighed, eyeing her best friend, wearily.

“Thought maybe Wesley and me could help out,” Willow muttered, shyly. The poor red haired girl blushed brightly. Her complexion nearly matched her red hair.

“Willow’s got a boyfriend,” Buffy whispered to William, with a giggle.

“So it would seem,” Spike chuckled, snuggling Buffy closer to his body.

“Oh, Wes is so not my boyfriend!” Willow hissed, oblivious to her tell tale blush. “He’s just a really smart, handsome, sophisticated, handsome kind of ex-watcher that is now turned vampire who…”

“Is your boyfriend!” Buffy cried, gleefully, as she finished Willow’s sentence for her.

“And you’re okay with this!” Willow gasped, stunned at her friend’s acceptance.

“Why shouldn’t I be?” Buffy asked, smugly. “Look who the father of my only child is?” she finished by pointing at the vampire that lay next to her.

“Well….yeah,” Willow stuttered. “So, it’s like cool with you?” The red haired witch hung her head, slightly and focused on the floor below her.

“Yes, Wills, it’s cool with me,” Buffy chuckled in response. “Like I said, how can ‘I’ throw stones? My ‘guy’ is a vampire master, father to my son and a cold blooded killer of…”

“You’re not helping your friend, baby,” Spike interjected, his voice a mere whisper.

Buffy sighed loudly, “Willow? Just go and help Wesley figure out what the heck is going on, huh? If you two get jiggy together, in the meantime? Well, then, okay. Get jiggy together.”

Willow grinned, widely and nodded her head. “Thanks, Buff. You’re the best!” she cried as she practically skipped down the hallway. Back to Wesley and their research together.

“I just may have unleashed Armageddon, you realize that, right?” Buffy murmured to her mate.

“Well, Armageddon might as well be unleashed for love, as anything else, eh?” Spike chuckled in response.

“What about us?” Buffy asked, almost shyly of her mate. “Do you think ‘we’ could unleash Armageddon and all? I mean our love and our kid and…”

“Buffy. I don’t know, honestly,” Spike began, “but I know that I love you. And, you love me, right?”

“Right,” Buffy nodded her head, firmly.

“Then we can take anything they throw at us, Princess,” Spike purred as he cuddled his Buffy to his body. “They can’t win, baby,” Spike continued, matter-of-factly. “The Riley Finns of the world, the little maggots that follow him around like sheep? They’re losers, from the get go. It’s you and me, baby,” Spike cooed, nuzzling Buffy’s sweet neck with his lips.

“How can ‘they’ win?” he continued, “when we’ve got each other? Our son? Hell, even my old man and brothers? You’re Watcher? He’s no slouch, sweetheart,” Spike chuckled. “He’s a good bloke and a strong one. Loves you like his own daughter, he does. So, how can we lose, baby?” Spike raised his left brow, in question at his lover.

“We can’t,” Buffy whispered, her voice filled with awe. “We can’t lose, William,” she stated, with even more confidence. “We ‘will’ win,” the Slayer finished with a victorious cry.

“Spike!” Wesley cried, from the bedroom door.

“Is this bloody Grand Central Station, or what!” Spike groaned as he watched the ‘family’ lawyer bounce around in the doorway.

“What!” Spike roared at the poor ‘turned’ Watcher.

“It’s got to be a human, helping Finn, I mean,” Wesley gushed with self satisfaction. “The sunlight? Your mother’s ring? It’s all there and…”

“Give the boy an ‘A’ for effort,” Spike grumbled, as Buffy pulled away from him and stood up from the bed.

“So you’re pretty sure it’s Travers? The Council?” Buffy asked Wesley eagerly.

Wesley bowed his head, in respect to the Clan heir’s mate.

“Wes,” Buffy drawled, in exasperation, “you bow your head like that? One more time? I’ll rip it off and decorate my next Christmas tree with it. Hear me?”

“Yes, Lady,” Wesley nodded, nervously.

“Lady?” Buffy gasped. She turned to look at her mate, William the Bloody.

“Yup, Lady,” Spike replied, with a nod of his head.


“My lady,” the blond vampire added, lovingly.

“I’m quitting school,” Dawn stated, firmly, as she sat on the couch, in between her mother and Buffy.

“What the heck brought that on?” Buffy exclaimed, stunned.

“The kids at school,” Dawn mumbled under her breath, “they already think I’m a freak. Now, with poor R.J.’s scrunched body, found on our doorstep?” Dawn seemed to be eyeing Buffy, resentfully. Or so Buffy thought.

“Okay, so the kids at school so do not think you’re a freak,” Buffy tried to console her little sister. “If they do then they’re the freaks,” the Slayer finished, smugly.

“Buffy,” Dawn sighed sadly, “my sister is a freakin’ Slayer, weirdness and our family goes hand in hand. What?” Dawn asked with wide blue eyes. “You don’t think that people notice how of the weird this family is?”

“Well, they sure don’t know I’m the Slayer,” Buffy pouted. “I’ve hidden that pretty damn well and…”

“This is just ‘too’ much!” Joyce groaned loudly. “I don’t think I can take anymore. I’ve got Don Vampireone playing hide and seek with my grandson; while his son, my daughter’s lover, plots a ‘hit’ on the Family rivals. Just last night,” Joyce continued with an exasperated sigh, “I find out that Rupert Giles thinks I’m just ‘real’ keen and I’ve still got to plan some kind of a wedding in the next 48 hours. My youngest daughter is in emotional pain because the Wu whatever Gang used her friend’s death to send a message. All the while, my grandson, my pride and joy is teetering on the brink of the evil undead world, and…”

“Mom,” Buffy whispered, “this isn’t helping,” the blond shook her head, stilling her mother’s rambling. “Oh,” Buffy continued in a hushed voice, “it’s the Wu Tang Clan, mom,” she finished with a serious nod.

“Great!” Joyce hissed in frustration. “What’s Riley’s theme song? ‘Slap My Slayer Bitch Up?’ or something equally stupid?”

“I resent that,” Spike interjected, with a low growl. “First off, Buffy is not Riley’s bitch. She’s my bitch and…”

“I’m not anyone’s bitch!” Buffy screeched, causing Marcus the Godfather to come out of his newest hiding place (in the fireplace).

“Who’s a bitch?” Marcus asked, innocently enough. Well, as innocent as a vampire Godfather could be.

“No one!” Spike, Buffy, Joyce and Dawn nearly screamed at the old vampire.

“Got you, Grandpa!” James squealed in delight as he grabbed the Godfather about his legs and held him tight.

“Your turn, Grandpa! You have to find me now!” Jimmy gushed in glee, oblivious to the big bad adult problems that were just whirling about in his little world.

“Well, one thing is for sure,” Spike began in a stern voice. “No one, not any of us, human or vampire, go anywhere without protection. Understood?” He glared at Buffy, first, knowing she would be the toughest to convince.

“Protection? Like what kind of protection?” Buffy asked, nervously.

“You,” Spike pointed at the Slayer, “go nowhere without me. Our son, goes nowhere, without you and me,” he continued. “Your Mum, the Bit and even the whelp, Harris, go nowhere wtihout at least two vampire bodyguards.” Spike nodded, in self-satisfaction.

“I mean this, Princess,” Spike peered at Buffy, sternly, taking total charge of the situation. “This is my decision, my order of protection. It’s for the best. I don’t want Wesley or Red, either, to leave this house, unguarded by one of our boys. If it means all daytime activity comes to a halt. Is that clear? That means that Connor joins us, here, Dad,” he addressed his father.



“Now look here, Will,” Buffy bolted from the couch and stood in front of her mate. “If you think that I’m going to run scared from Riley Finn and his little band of not so merry men? You’re dead wrong and…”

“I’m already dead, baby,” Spike smirked, but tweaked his Buffy’s cheek with his left fingers, tenderly. “Besides, like I said,” the blond vampire continued, “this is an order of protection. My order,” he finished with a deep, low voice.

“Oh, I give! Buffy grumbled in defeat, flopping back down on the couch.

“Oh goody!” Dawn yelped, happily, for once, “no school for me!”

“Yeah,” Joyce groaned, miserably, “no work for me? How ‘fun’ is this going to be?” She sighed, sarcastically.

“Oooohhh, no Double Meat Palace! For me!” Buffy squealed, before she remembered that she had ‘quit’ that job anyway. With the help of William that is.

“I think we should have Angel and Wesley, along with Gunn, here, protecting this house,” Marcus offered, pulling rank on his heir, Spike. With great authority, the Godfather added, “the witch, Willow, can conjure up a spell. To protect this hallowed house?” He scowled, briefly then… “I suppose the Watcher will need to be in on this,” he added with a sigh.

“He’s an all right bloke, your Giles,” the Godfather continued. “But the man just cannot hold his scotch. Not at all,” Marcus finished with a wicked chuckle.

“Get Angel and Connor over here, fast,” Spike ordered Wesley. “Make sure that Gunn and Doyle escort them. I want at least four of the top, very top foot soldiers here, to protect my family from those Finn and his clan.”


Buffy gazed at her mate, William the Bloody, in awe. Then she glanced at the Godfather, warily. She tried, very hard, not to notice the pride that radiated from Marcus, for his son. For while it pleased her that Will’s father was proud of him? It scared Buffy to realize that this pride stemmed from the ‘take charge’ attitude that her Will was now demonstrating.


A/N: Long time, no update. I’ve got something up this weekend so I can’t update for a while after tonight? It’s personal, not business (tee hee).

Anyway, thanks for reading, please review.

If you get a chance, drop by and read my other WIP’s: Dance of the Mates and All Manner of Monsters. I’m working really hard to make these fics enjoyable for all to read.

Thanks, luv, Spuf
Chapter 17: 'Absolutely' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I've been so bad about updating this fiction. This chapter is kind of short, but hopefully fun.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 17: ‘Absolutely’


Summary: Buffy begins to ‘rethink’ her relationship with Spike. Joyce has a mother-to-daughter chat with Buffy.


Quote:

“Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely” Lord Acton (1834-1902)


Buffy sat in the kitchen of her mother’s house and sipped at her hot cocoa. She was deep in troubled thought so she paid little heed to the happy laughter of her only child. Her son, James.

‘He is his father’s son,’ Buffy reminded herself, sadly. However, the young woman was not thinking of her own child, her little Jimmy as he compared to his father, William. She was thinking of her William or Spike as he truly was called and how he compared to his own father. Marcus Aurileous, the Godfather of the Vampire Realm.

Joyce Summers sidled up to the stool next to her oldest daughter and sat down. She reached out and took Buffy’s free hand in hers.

“What is it?” Joyce asked Buffy in a serious tone. “Second thoughts?”

“Maybe,” Buffy murmured in reply. “Maybe its third, fourth or even fifth thoughts, mom. I can’t be sure mom,” she added sorrowfully. “It’s just that earlier? When I saw how Marcus looked at Will. He was so, so very damned proud at how ‘his’ son and heir just took over and issued orders. It’s scaring me, mom. Truly,” Buffy hung her head down and stared at the well known pattern of the tiled kitchen floor.

“Spike’s scaring me,” Buffy added in a little girl whisper. It was the first time, Joyce noted, that her daughter had used William’s Aurileous’ name of Spike.

“I see,” Joyce mumbled, more to herself then to Buffy. “So,” the mother continued somberly, “does this mean you’re going to negate the claiming ritual? Send William away, again and lose him for yourself and your son?”

“Mom,” Buffy gasped in surprise. “It’s not like you ever really wanted me to end up with Will? Right?” The younger Summers woman suddenly didn’t seem so sure of herself at all. Especially when she saw the look in her mother’s blue eyes.

“I never said that,” Joyce replied with a shake of her head. “In fact,” she continued with a scowl, “if I remember right? I was the one, three years ago that begged you to reconsider running William the Bloody out of Sunnydale and away from you. But then,” Joyce smiled, coyly, “only I knew at the time that you were pregs with Jimmy, huh?”

“Yeah,” Buffy replied sheepishly. “You were always on the William and Buffy band wagon, weren’t you mom?”

“Yup,” Joyce replied honestly. “For many reasons. Mostly because of Jimmy,” she sighed. “However, I have other reasons too, really. I knew William would be the one to help you in your life. He’s your equal, Buffy and always has been. You need a strong, equal partner in your life, sweetheart. No mere mortal man will ever fit the bill and you know it. Not for my daughter,” she grinned and patted Buffy’s tiny hand with hers.

“I’m not saying I approve of William’s, or should I say Spike’s, family background. Of course not,” Joyce shook her head again. “However,” she shrugged, “you are an exceptional young woman, who needs an exceptional mate. William is that mate, Buffy. Whether I like it or not. He’s not perfect. No male is, I assure you,” Joyce smirked and winked at Buffy. “And yes, there’s the risk he will have to take his father’s place. If anything bad ever happens to the old bastard that is,” Joyce laughed. “I doubt anything will, though,” she added. “Marcus seems to defy human logic and probably will go on until the end of time. So…”

“So, I need to accept William, or Spike as the case may be. Warts and all? Accept him and his family? No matter how much it goes against everything I’ve fought for the last five years?” Buffy asked in a hushed tone.

“You chose him, over three years ago, Buffy,” Joyce reminded her daughter. “William and you share a son together, a love together and I believe, yes, a future together. So, yes, you have to accept him and his family. Warts and all, no matter what Rupert Giles or that idiot Council of his disagree or say it’s wrong. After all, honey,” Joyce muttered. “Need I remind you of the stunt that Quentin Travers and the Council pulled a year or so ago? With the whole test thing and…”

“No, you don’t,” Buffy groaned miserably. “I remember that all too well. At least Will never really meant to kill me and…”

“With power, honey,” Joyce interjected, gently enough. “Or a powerful man, or should I say male,” she scowled momentarily. “Oh, whatever Jimmy’s dad truly is? Anyway, with a guy like William, you choose to accept the power that comes with him. It’s not easy, I’m sure, but it may prove to be the only chance you get in life. For happiness and love, I mean. You are not a normal young woman Buffy,” Joyce sighed deeply as she pulled her daughter to her. “You will never have a normal mate. I’m afraid that’s the way of it. However,” she continued thoughtfully, “you will have a powerful mate. A mate that you deserve and who deserves you, Buffy. Your son together. William loves you unconditionally, even though he knows your faults. Now, you know his. Most regular people don’t get that kind of understanding with each other and…”

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and gleeful laughter from the living room. Jimmy was in that living room, joyfully running about the place. Buffy supposed it was now Will that was chasing his son around the house.

“Probably playing the big bad hunts down the little innocent child and…” Buffy chuckled out loud. She smiled widely in pleasant visual thought of the scene.

Suddenly, it got awful quiet in that front room. Joyce gave Buffy a raised brow and this alerted the Slayer to all of the possibilities that might be…

Buffy slammed her cocoa mug onto the breakfast bar of the kitchen, almost breaking it. She tore into the living room, only to find her significant other and their son, now cuddled up on the couch together. William clung to his son, holding him in a protective vice like grip. Jimmy had his fair head buried into his father’s strong chest, his little arms wrapped around his ‘daddy’ possessively. The son was nearly asleep, as was the father, or so it seemed.

“Oh God,” Buffy whispered softly, her hand held over her mouth as she surveyed the little family scene before her. “How could I ever take this away from either one of them now? After all of this time and how far we've truly come together? It’ll kill them both and me too,” she whimpered. Her heart felt like it was breaking in a million pieces and all of the doubts of the last couple of hours seemed to melt away at this beautiful sight.

Spike opened one blue eye and raised his brow at Buffy. “Something troubling you Princess?” He asked carefully. Although because of his vampire hearing, Spike had heard everything he needed to. Spike had deciphered every word of the conversation in the kitchen.

Now, the vampire was extremely nervous and anxious, worried that his beloved had changed her mind about mating with him. Officially, and becoming the family he so desperately wanted them to become and…

“Yes,” Buffy murmured quietly. “There is something troubling me, Will,” she finished with a sigh as she plopped down next to the vampire on the couch.

“And?” Spike asked cautiously, careful not to wake their sleeping son in his arms.

“I was wondering,” Buffy began hesitantly. She allowed William to wrap a free arm around her and pull her closer to him.

“Wondering?” he stammered, while he placed a few, tender kisses on her forehead, cheeks and finally her pouty lips.

“Yeah,” Buffy continued breathily, the kisses surely accepted and appreciated.

“I was wondering when you were going to really claim me and make an honest woman out of me,” Buffy began to giggle softly and nuzzle her mate’s cool neck.

“As soon as you let me, baby,” Spike purred in relief. “Since the claiming ritual and ceremony is scheduled for tonight at midnight? I’m thinkin’ it should be soon, eh?” The master vampire chuckled softly and planted a sweet kiss on his love’s warm, lush lips.

Dawn Summers took that moment to burst into the living room, Connor in tow. The ‘youngsters’ almost skipped into the room, their hands clasped together between them.

‘Oh, dear God,’ Buffy groaned inwardly. ‘History repeats itself.’

“So,” Dawn chortled giddily, “can I order flowers? For the ceremony?” The teen’s cheeks were flushed with youthful excitement and Buffy didn’t have the heart to squash that.

“Sure, Bit,” Spike blurted out before Buffy could. “You order the prettiest orchids you can find. They are your favorite, right Princess?” The ‘groom’ gazed at his ‘bride’ knowingly.

Buffy felt hot tears sting the corners of her green eyes, yet again.

‘He remembered,’ she thought to herself, a little awed by her lover. ‘Leave it to Will to remember that orchids are my favorite flower.’

“Thought we’d put them about the room, Spike,” Connor mumbled under his breath. However, his gaze was concentrated on Dawn herself.

‘Oh, he’s got it bad,’ Spike chuckled to him. He did not want to embarrass his younger brother or scare Dawn off from Connor.

“Do we need candles?” Dawn asked brightly. “You know,” she nodded over at her older sister, “for the two candles light one thingy?”

“I don’t think it’s going to be ‘that’ traditional, sweetie,” Buffy mumbled with a blush. “Not unless the candles are totally gothic and…”

“Get the candles,” Spike ordered harshly. “I want the bloody candles and we’re havin’ them! We’re having the whole bloody lighting thing and all! Make damn sure the candles are white, white as snow!”

“Really baby?” Buffy cried happily as she threw her arms about Will’s neck in joy.

“Really my sweet. Absolutely,” Spike grinned down at his little Slayer, lovingly. “If you want the lighting ceremony? Then so do I.”

“You’re the best, Will!” Buffy gushed, happily, as she embraced her mate tightly.

It was a good thing that William the Bloody, aka Spike Aurileous, did not need to breathe. At the moment, he could not have, if he had to that is.

“So I take it the candles and orchids are a yes?” Joyce entered the room and plopped down on the antique chair that sat across from the sofa.

“Yes!” Buffy and Dawn squealed in unison.

“Okay, so orchids, candles and what else?” Joyce asked warily of her ‘children’ of darkness.

“Of course,” Connor piped in, sheepishly, “Dad will have to say the words. You know?” The youngest vampire shot his oldest brother a look of ‘what? Didn’t you tell them?’

“Words?” Joyce, Buffy and Dawn asked in near disbelief of Spike.

“Ancient, kind of holy words that is,” Spike mumbled. “I mean, ancient and holy to vampires and such. To the clans and the families and…”

“What kind of words Will?” Buffy asked nervously. Actually, the Slayer of demons was beginning to develop a terrible headache.

“Just words, baby,” Spike assured his soon to be wife, tenderly. “Some silly arse words from an old book. Nothing really monumental or anything. A few ten dollar words from an ancient tome that some first demon passed down and…”

“Will there be any sacred words? At all?” Joyce asked with a scandalized expression.

“Some,” Connor offered. “Buffy’s Watcher will be sure to add the proper human words, I’m sure.” Connor rather slipped off to the far end of the living room and huddled on the mantel place. He occasionally shot Dawn a smile or two, but otherwise the young vampire kept his tongue.

Xander Harris took that opportune time to stumble into the fray and give everyone present a big smile and wave. The dark haired young man joined Connor on the mantel.


“What did I miss?” Xander asked innocently enough.

“Claiming ritual plans,” Dawn giggled her blue eyes on Connor.

“Wedding arrangements,” Joyce Summers sighed, wearily.

“The prelude to the happiest day of my unlife,” Spike interjected, proudly.

“Perhaps the beginning of Armageddon?” Buffy the Vampire Slayer added with a shrug.


A/N: I had to write and submit this tonight. I’ve had the worst evening, really. It did sway the way I finished this chapter.

Yes, I guess we accept our mates, warts and all, be they male or female.

Sigh…

Thanks for reading and please review. I really need reviews at the moment. Luv, Spuf

Chapter 18: 'Cool Feet?' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I am going to go ahead and finish this fiction if it makes me go around the bend!
I explain a bit more inside of this chapter, so please read it.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 18: ‘Cool Feet?’


A/N: I have to admit, after some really questionable reviews, on another fic of mine, I’m a bit reluctant to update this story or any of them. However, I have decided to be tenacious and plow ahead.

Summary: Buffy prepares for her ‘wedding’ to Spike. She suffers, briefly, from pre-wedding jitters and ‘cool feet.’ Some unsavory characters try and crash the wedding ceremony. Guess who?


Chapter 18:


Buffy Summers stood in the bedroom she had slept in since she was five-years-old. The ‘bride’ wore a simple white sheathe made of silk. Her shoulders and neck were totally bare (hmmm, convenient for Spike eh!) except for the string of perfect white pearls that Buffy had borrowed from her mother, Joyce.

Willow, Buffy’s maid of honor, had clipped a perfect red rose in the bride’s honey blond hair. Dawn had fashioned a lovely bouquets of white ‘queen Anne’s lace’ and blood red roses for her. (The roses and the color of them had been William and his father’s idea).

The simple, but elegant bride’s dress had been thrown together by Joyce Summers, quickly. It was quite beautiful in its simplicity. If only Buffy’s future could be as simple.

“You look outrageous!” Dawn giggled happily as Buffy gave her little sister a nervous glance.

“Outrageous? As in outrageous in a good way?" Buffy asked warily.

“Of course!” Willow replied with a shake of her head.

“Oh,” Buffy muttered and chewed on her lower lip nervously. “Dawn, Wills? Can you go retrieve my son and bring him up here? I want to see how he’s decked out and…”

“Sure,” Dawn piped up immediately. “I’ll get the little rug rat and parade him around up here!”

Dawn scampered out of the bedroom, leaving Buffy and Willow alone.

“I’m terrified,” Buffy murmured to Willow. “I know, I know, I shouldn’t be, but I am. This is big Wills. Real big, you know?”

“Yup, it is,” Willow nodded, seriously. “But let’s be honest here Buff, “William, or Spike, I guess, loves you. You love him and you do have a son together. A very special son and I think you realize that there are certain responsibilities that go along with being the ‘warrior of the people’ and the mother of a hybrid the likes your Jimmy.”

“Yeah,” Buffy stuttered in response. “You know Wills,” she continued in a wary tone, “I never did find out what William is wearing for the ceremony. Oh, dear God, I wonder what he’s concocted and…”

Dawn appeared at that moment, carrying her nephew in her arms. Buffy stared at her son in wide-eyed awe.

Jimmy was decked out in some black, silky outfit that reminded Buffy of the clothes that Anakin Skywalker wore in the last Star Wars movie. Of course, Buffy thought her son looked absolutely smashing!

“Daddy’s wearing one, just like this!” Jimmy exclaimed proudly. “Only bigger!” he squealed happily.

‘Oh, thank God,’ Buffy sighed in silent relief. ‘This isn’t so bad, right?’

“You look fantastic sonny bunny,” she swept Jimmy from Dawn’s arms and cuddled him to her.

“Daddy looks even better,” the young boy giggled into his mother’s shoulder. “But you look better then both of us, mommy,” he finished with a loving smile.

“So, William’s outfit is just like this?” Buffy asked Dawn with an air of relief.

“Yup, only bigger, just like Jimmy said,” Dawn giggled in response. “Spike looks amazing Buffy, promise,” she assured her big sister.

“Okay,” Buffy exhaled cautiously, “let’s get this show on the road, huh?”

“Right!” Willow, Dawn and Jimmy answered in unison.

The Summers’ front door bell rang, loudly. Rupert Giles thought to answer it, since everyone else present seemed to be tied up at the time.

For some bizarre reason, Giles was not really surprised to find Quentin Travers standing on Joyce Summers’ front porch. The Watcher raised his right brow at the treacherous older man before him.

“What do you want Travers?” Rupert asked suspiciously of his one time employer.

“A word with you Rupert,” Travers replied, evenly. The smile on Quentin’s face reminded Giles of how Satan must have looked, when he tempted Eve with the apple.

“I’ve not time now,” Giles spat at his betrayer, “my Slayer is about to be officially mated with an Aurileous and…”


“That’s what I’ve come about,” Travers interjected quickly. “Invite me in, Rupert,” he ordered Giles with authority.

“I think not,” Giles answered tersely, “you are not welcome here Travers. Not now, not ever. I will not have you ruin my Buffy’s wedding. No matter how unorthodox it might seem,” he finished in a whisper.

“Fine,” Quentin retorted with a shrug, “we’ll speak of this here, on the front porch. Do you have any idea what you’re allowing yourself to be a party to Rupert?”

“Of course,” Giles snapped in reply. “I am a co-officiator of my surrogate daughter’s wedding ceremony.” Rupert Giles was beginning to get very uncomfortable. Some deep, inner sense caused him to scan the Summers’ front yard. Giles was rewarded, or alerted as the case may be, when he spied Riley Finn, the vampire, and three of his minions at the front perimeter.

“You and your friends are not welcome here, Travers,” Giles growled lowly.

“Be that as it may,” Travers began smoothly, “I think you better reconsider this whole travesty. Don’t you understand, Rupert? With Buffy Summers and her hybrid son under the Council’s complete control, we have all the power we need to overwhelm the demon worlds. While Buffy commits herself and her son to Spike Aurileous, our control over James will diminish.”

“You have no control over James, Buffy or Spike, Travers,” Giles reminded the old fool. “Buffy is her own person, as she always has been. Spike is James’ father, completely, and once he claims Buffy as his bride? You, Finn and most importantly, the entire corrupt Council will have no power over Buffy or her family.”

Giles was prepared to slam the door in Travers’ ugly face, when the other man stopped him.

“Consider this, Rupert,” Quentin continued through gritted teeth. “If we had a hybrid, male heir to a master vampire under the Council’s control? There would be no stopping us, Rupert. Have you any idea what powers James Aurileous truly has? He may well be unstoppable, completely, by human or demon. Do you think that Buffy Summers and her love slave, Spike Aurileous will ever let us have their son? Willingly?”

“No, thank God,” Giles replied smugly. “So that’s why you’ve thrown your lot in with the likes of Riley Finn? If Buffy goes to Finn, he’ll hand James over in an instant, right? The bastard will sacrifice little James to possess Buffy? Riley would manipulate James and Buffy for more power, through you I suppose?”

“Correct,” Travers replied.

“Well, that’s not going to happen, Travers,” Giles snapped back with a shake of his head. “I’d rather see my Buffy claimed by Spike, her son’s father, someone who loves and respects her, totally. Spike Aurileous and his entire clan would walk into the sunlight for Buffy and James. Riley Finn is more hideous and horrible then any ten clans of vampires, even Godfather Aurileous’ clan.”

“You disappoint me, Rupert,” Travers mumbled in barely controlled anger.

“You don’t disappoint me, Quentin,” Giles chuckled with sarcasm. “You are as devious, power mad and incredibly stupid as you’ve always been.”

“You had better depart from Sunnydale, Travers,” Giles warned the other with a manevolent grin. “While you still have your head connected to your body that is.”

With that parting shot, Rupert Giles slammed the door in Quentin’s angry face.

“A word with you Godfather,” Rupert tapped Marcus Aurileous on his shoulder. The old vampire was chatting, amicably with Joyce Summers and his son, Spike.

“Spike, you’d best hear this,” Giles added with a somber expression.

“I want to hear it too,” Joyce demanded in her most motherly, concerned voice.

Giles nodded and led Marcus, Spike, Joyce and even Angel and Connor to a corner of the front living room.

Xander and Willow watched nervously from the other corner, well aware that something was very wrong.

“It’s Quentin Travers,” Giles began carefully. “He’s here, in Sunnydale just as we feared. Travers ‘has’ thrown his lot in with Riley Finn and his clan. The old fool, Travers, thinks he’ll get his hands on James through Finn. Make your son a hybrid slayer,” he finished with a heavy frown at Spike.

“Like bloody hell he will!” Spike roared angrily. “I’ll rip the bastards head from his shoulders before…”

“Calm down!” Marcus growled at Spike. “This will do no good boy. It’s your wedding night, don’t go insane on us and ruin this sacred ceremony. For your mate or you.” Marcus gave Spike a vicious warning glare, calming his heir, momentarily.

“I’ll have Willow put an even stronger barrier of protection around the house,” Giles muttered more to himself then anyone. “That’ll be sure to keep that trash Travers and Finn out of here and…”

“Riley Finn is outside this house!” Spike hissed in unison with his brother, Angel. The vampire brothers’ expressive eyes turned to bright amber as their inner demons fought to emerge.

Giles grimaced at his slip of the tongue. “Yes,” he replied reluctantly, “but this is hardly the time to confront the moron or his worthless minions. Is it?”

“Oh,” Angel chortled gruffly, “it’s more then the time to fuck with that worthless piece of bat shit!”

“Angelus!” Marcus barked at his second son, “enough! I will not have Spike and Buffy’s claiming ritual ruined! This is much more important then a front yard brawl with the enemy!”

“I agree,” Joyce chimed in with determination. “I will not stand by and have my daughter’s special day, or evening as it were, ruined by some male vampire posturing!”

That settled the lot of them down quickly. Wesley, who had been stationed by Willow for the previous few minutes hurried up to the small group.

“It’s best to just ignore the rubbish outside this house,” the cultured ex-watcher offered. “The Godfather is right, the ‘claiming’ is the most important thing now. When Spike and Buffy are united by blood? Nothing can harm them, or their son.”

“About that ‘blood’ thing,” Joyce stammered. “Uhm, I mean after the ritual or ceremony and all? What happens then?”

Rupert Giles turned bright red, as did Marcus, which was quite unusual for a vampire. Spike grinned widely, Angel smirked evilly and young Connor glanced away from Buffy’s mother. His dark eyes fell upon Dawn Summers who had just descended from the upstairs rooms.

“What’s going on?” Dawn asked innocently.

“Riley Finn, Quentin Travers and some minions of the Wu Tang Clan our outside, trying to crash the party,” Connor offered his explanation to Dawn.

“Oh,” Dawn sighed with a shrug. “That’s easy to deal with. Willow,” the young girl motioned to the witch, “make the barrier stronger. That should take care of it.”

“Right,” Willow squeaked and rushed to the front door to begin her incantation.

Xander stumbled up to the unusual wedding party and tapped Spike on the arm.

“I was thinking that there might be music tonight?” Xander questioned his ex-nemesis of a vampire. “I thought maybe something along the lines of ‘White Wedding’ by Billy Idol?”

“Hardly,” Spike muttered impatiently. “Okay,” the vampire continued sheepishly, “I wanted ‘White Wedding’ for music but Buffy nixed it, all right!”

“Oh,” Xander nodded. “Whatever,” the dark haired man shrugged. “Dawnie, where’s the food?”

“Where is Buffy and James?” Spike asked anxiously, gazing up the staircase.

“They’ll be down, William, don’t worry,” Joyce chuckled. “No one has told me what the ‘claiming’ thing really entails. Spill,” she ordered.

“Well Joyce,” Giles mumbled cautiously, his face bright red again, “it’s hard to describe and all. I know this much,” he glanced away from the older Summers woman and focused his stare on his loafer clad feet.

“The bride and groom need to be completely alone, in the dwelling, I mean. After the ritual and ceremony, when it's time for the couple to retire? It’s important, for many reasons. Correct Marcus?” Giles glared at Spike’s father, a pleading look in his blue eyes.

“Yes,” Marcus stammered, suddenly quite at a loss for words, for once. “It’s very important for the couple to be left alone, completely, in the house. We, I mean myself, the guests and our lieutenants, even little James, must depart from these premises after the ceremony. Before the actual claiming proceeds and all.”

“I thought that I would put the entire wedding party up, sans bride and groom of course, at my home?” Giles found it increasingly difficult to look at anyone in the immediate area. “Of course, now that we know Finn’s clan members are about? We’ll have to wait until near sunrise to leave for my home and…”

It was Joyce’s turn to blush bright red now. “Are you saying that something happens that well, I mean, my daughter and new son-in-law will what? Make so much of a commotion that we’ll all hear it if we’re anywhere in the vicinity?” Poor Joyce looked mortified.

“Something along those lines,” Wesley answered for everyone within earshot. The mouthpiece of the clan could barely look the bride’s mother in the eye. “The claiming can be quite, uhm, earth shattering,” he finished with a blush of his own.

“Oh dear God,” Joyce groaned.

“Quite,” Giles added, totally embarrassed.

“Wow!” Dawn giggled wickedly.

“Holy earthquakes!” Xander gasped in envious shock.

“Gee,” Willow sighed dreamily.

“It’s quite lovely, I’ve heard,” Wesley offered as he smiled longingly at Willow.

“It’ll be magic I’ll wager! Where is my bride?” Spike growled lustily as he stared up the stairs impatiently.


A/N: I wanted to pop in and update this story. It’s been so long and I’ve had such a writer’s block with this one. I’ve been very wary of writing anymore, at all that is. After a really awful review on another story and one that was sent to me by E mail, I am a little gun shy of continuing.

However, I remind myself that I am not an Ernest Hemingway, Taylor Caldwell or even a Barbara Cartland. So, I will continue to write, when I can, even if it is for my own enjoyment and I can only hope that other readers might enjoy my stories too.

Thank you for reading and please review. Spufette (notice I left off the sugary ‘luv’ part?)
Chapter 19: 'The Ceremony' by spufette
Author's Notes:
This chapter just about did me in and I can't figure out why?
Anyway, it's supposed to be all official and everything, so forgive my bad Latin, please.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 19: ‘The Ceremony’


Summary: Spike and Buffy finally are united in the ceremony! That’s about it…


“Buffy! It’s time,” Dawn squealed happily as she entered her older sister’s bedroom. Dawn Summers found her idol, Buffy, at her old lavender vanity, staring intently into the huge gold gilded mirror.

“It’s time, Buffy,” Dawn repeated, a little less loudly this time. She had caught ‘the look’ on her sister’s face and asked quietly, “Is everything okay?”

Buffy sighed heavily and looked up at her lovely little sister with affection.

“Its fine, honey,” Buffy murmured softly. “I guess I’m just a little nervous, that’s all. I know that idiot Quentin Travers was at the front door. I felt the unholy presence of Riley Finn and his moronic minions. When I looked out my window, I saw them, tramping around the front yard and trying to be all grr argh!”

“Giles sent them away, all of them,” Dawn assured her sister. “He had Willow put an even stronger barrier on the house and…”

“It’s okay Dawnie, honest,” Buffy sighed again. “I think it’s time that I just get this ceremony over with and help protect us all from Riley, his clan and that asshole, Travers.”

“Okay,” Dawn giggled with excitement, “let’s get this show on the road!”

“Isn’t Cordy attending?” Willow asked Xander, anxiously. The red-head did not care much for Xander’s fiancé, Cordelia Chase, but she knew that Buffy had invited her to the ceremony.

“No,” Xander replied, sheepishly. “She felt this should be about Buffy and Spike and that only the closest family and friends should attend.” The large young man glanced away from Willow and munched down his appetizer, nervously.

“She was squeaked, right? By the whole Buffy marries the vampire thing,” Willow asked Xander, her red brow raised in question.

“Yeah, she really was,” Xander stammered in response. “Cordy thinks this is a big mistake and she’s shocked that I’m even going along with it. Which, I am, under protest, of course,” he finished with a snort.

“Look Xander,” Willow began, but she was interrupted. Joyce Summers took both Willow and Xander by their arms and gently led those to the make-shift alter. Giles and Marcus were already standing by the altar, their expressions a study in somber reverence.

The somewhat simple altar set in near darkness, except for the dozens of lit candles that surrounded it. Candlelight gave the whole setting a somewhat ‘holy’ surreal atmosphere and evoked silent awe from everyone in attendance.

“It’s time,” Joyce whispered to Willow and Xander, placing them next to Giles, across from Marcus, Angel and Connor. “Here comes the bride,” the older Summers woman murmured, focusing her proud gaze on the staircase.

Dawn led the way, down the staircase, with Buffy three steps behind her. Everyone on the first floor seemed to take a deep breath, all at once.

Spike gasped loudly as he watched his ‘bride’ descend the stairs and gracefully walk to him. Buffy had always been beautiful to Spike, there was no question of that, but now? Now she was ethereally gorgeous and appeared to be not of this world at all. Like some golden angel on earth that had been sent, just for him, William the Bloody.

In her left hand, Buffy carried the boquette of roses; her right hand was entwined in their son, James’ left hand. Spike would never, ever, forget this moment as long as he unlived.

The blood red roses Buffy carried reminded Spike of the warm, sweet blood he would take from his mate later that night. It was the blood, the taking and sharing between them that would mate Spike and Buffy forever. He had always loved Buffy, since day one that was true; loved and worshiped her. Now, he loved her beyond any reason in the world, demon or human.

Spike felt his arousal for Buffy and their mating grow even more apparent and he groaned inwardly. This was going to be a long, long ritual that was for sure.

Angel whistled, softly at his new sister’s beauty, and glanced at his younger brother, Connor. The teenage vampire seemed to only have eyes for Dawn Summers, Angel noticed.

Once Buffy had joined Spike at the altar, she let go of James’ little hand and reached out to him. He placed his left hand, tenderly, onto Buffy’s warm little cheek.

The light from the candles inlluminated both the bride and groom’s lovely faces. Everyone present just stared in awe at the two lovers and their son who stood patiently next to them.

“You look amazing Princess,” he whispered in awe at Buffy. Spike eyed Buffy up and down, longingly. Buffy’s golden hair framed her face like a halo and Spike felt like pulling her mouth to his and…

“You look pretty darn good yourself,” Buffy giggled softly as she perused her groom’s attire. Will’s hair was all spiked up and framed his face like some punk rocker’s ‘do’ that just excited Buffy to no end…

“William!” Marcus snapped the couple to attention. “No physical contact, not until after the ceremony!” The Godfather scowled at Spike, but then smiled, benevolently at his soon-to-be daughter.

“Yes Da,” Spike grunted. He smiled at Buffy, lovingly, and tried really, really hard not to tuck a loose strand of her lovely golden hair behind her ear. The light from the candles illuminated his Buffy’s beautiful face and he wanted so much for this whole ceremony to be over. He wanted so much to…

Buffy pouted without thinking, a little put out that she could not be touched by William, or touch him for that matter.

‘This better not take long,’ she growled inwardly. ‘I don’t think I can wait too long to…’

Giles stepped forward and began to recite some Latin words that Buffy did not understand at all. Although she could not understand the exact words, Buffy could understand their heartfelt meaning.

“Lucere conecto ab caliginosus,” Giles began in his deep ‘watcher’ voice. “Lucere conecto ab caliginosus compago enim de beneficium de omnis clementia.” (translation/loosely: Light and dark is connected, joining together for the benefit of all humanity)

When he had finished his words, Giles beamed his loving approval at Buffy. Although, originally, Rupert Giles had scoffed at this union, he now realized the need for it. For Buffy, Spike and especially for little James.

Marcus immediately began his chant: “Icis ambo, implexus enim infinito. Vindieiae-arum compago en amor, amor amor.
(The two together, entwined for eternity. Claimed together in love, passion and adoration)

The ceremony ritual seemed to go on for hours, at least to Spike and Buffy. Their son, James, on the other hand seemed to be getting a major kick out of the whole thing.

Finally, after various words, each delivered in Latin and English by both Giles and Marcus the Godfather, the rite finally came to an end.

Together, Giles, the Watcher and Marcus the Godfather spoke in unison:

“Icis sacramente compago un William e Elizabeth es finis. Icis de unicus. Nullus ambrosius; non humanous brevis interim-veni icis.” (The sacred joining of William and Elizabeth is completed. They are one. No immortal/demon nor human shall ever come between them)

“William,” Marcus whispered to his awe struck son, “you may kiss your bride.”

And he did. Oh, how Spike kissed his Buffy.

Dawn swept James up in her arms and handed him some rose petals. “Throw these at your mom and dad,” she ordered the tot with a giggle.

James began to toss the blood red, white and pink petals at his parents, giggling merrily as he did. The other ‘guests’ clamored about the couple and offered their congratulations.


‘On the other side of Sunnydale; down by the ocean in a dark, dank, dirty cave…’

Riley Finn roared his rage to the very rafters of his lair as he ‘felt’ the finish of the wedding ceremony between ‘his’ Buffy and that fuckhead, Spike Aurileous. He knew it would be only hours before Spike claimed his bride, Buffy, completely. Therefore, shutting out all other suitors for the Slayer of their kind.

“You stupid fuck!” Riley roared at Quentin Travers as he picked the terrified man up with his fist. By the throat that is. He held the Council head up, in the air and squeezed tightly on the old bastard’s neck.

“You should have stopped this catastrophe Travers,” Finn hissed at the human. Riley was in full vampire visage by this time, his ridges and veins stuck out in pounding anger.

“I,” choked Travers weakly, “I could not, Riley,” he offered in his defense. “You were there. They were adamant and…”

Riley glared at the human with a predatory gleam in his brown eyes. The master vampire seemed to ‘ponder’ something for a moment, then let go of the human in his clasp.

“No matter,” Riley stated harshly, more to his minions then to Travers. “I don’t give a fuck if half of the Aurileous Clan marks Buffy as theirs,” he spat. “I don’t live by conventions and rules. The first chance I get? I’m taking Buffy for my own. Spike’s claim on her or not!”


A/N: This chapter kicked my arse! I don’t know why but it was just so long in the posting. I have to postpone the actual blood claiming until the next chapter! I’m exhausted!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette
Chapter 20: 'Claims' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for the E's I got to continue this fic.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 20: ‘Claims’


Spike and Buffy sealed their union with a kiss, for now anyway, and turned to face their adoring guests. Joyce and Dawn squealed in delight as they threw themselves into Buffy’s arms. James reached up to his father, longingly, and the vampire picked up his son to hold him close to his body.

“Did you like the show, son?” Spike asked his boy with an affectionate grin.

“Oh yes, Daddy, very much,” James replied with a firm nod. “But you haven’t given Mummy our special present to her yet. It’s time, isn’t it Daddy?”

“It’s more then time poppet,” Spike chuckled gleefully.

“Buffy, my Princess,” Spike called to his mate, “our son here, and me? We have something special for you. Something we both picked out for you. And for me.”

“Look Mummy!” James squealed with glee. The little man pulled two small boxes from his trousers and held them out to his mother.

Buffy eyed the boxes, warily, but she took them from her son’s small, but lethal hand. She opened the first box, wrapped in gold paper, and found an exquisite ring inside. The gold band was set with a huge ruby, in the shape of a heart.

“It’s not my mother’s ring,” Spike explained sheepishly as he took out the tiny ring and placed it on Buffy’s left ring finger. “But I thought it was…”

“It’s magnificent!” Buffy choked back the tears that had sprung in her green eyes and threw herself into William’s arms. “It’s perfect,” she whispered sincerely, nuzzling his neck with her warm lips.

“You’re perfect,” Spike murmured in response even as he took the other small box, wrapped in silver from her. “This one is mine,” he stated proudly when he opened the box and lifted the larger gold band from the inside. Spike’s ring had a black onyx, shaped also into a heart, set on the band. This heart had a tiny silver stick, much like a stake, slipped through the middle of it.

“You staked your claim on me, Princess, the first time I looked into your emerald eyes,” Spike whispered lovingly.

Buffy took the man’s ring and slipped it on Will’s left, ring finger. She looked up into her mate’s blue eyes and smiled warmly.

“I helped pick them out!” James squeaked impatiently as he tugged on his mother’s dress.

“Well,” Spike mumbled thoughtfully, “I actually had the rings sorted out, before I ever came back here. Planned on giving you yours sweetheart,” he winked at Buffy.

“But I had the last say, right Daddy?” James asked with a wistful look at his father. “Daddy said I had to say it was okay,” the clone of Spike grinned at his mother.

Spike leaned over and swept his son up into his arms, even as he embraced his bride. “That you did son,” he murmured in a shaky voice.

“What?” Buffy giggled, “the big bad is all teared up now?”

“Maybe,” Spike whispered with a pout.



“Guess so,” Spike sniffed, wiping away a traitorous tear from his right cheek. “I’ve got a heart Buffy,” he mumbled defensively, “it just doesn’t beat, yeah?”

“Let’s have a toast!” Joyce cried merrily. “To the bride and groom,” she sang. The older Summers woman clinked her glass on a very overwhelmed Rupert Giles’ glass. When the watcher looked at his slayer’s mother, the woman winked mischiviously.

“Is it almost sunrise yet, Rupert?” Joyce asked the Brit. She smiled, wickedly and reminded her daughter’s mentor that everyone present had been invited to ‘stay’ at Rupert’s home. While the wedding couple were honeymooning that is.

“Nearly there,” Giles muttered with a bright red blush. He grinned despite his embarrassment however.

The guests; Joyce, Giles, Willow, Wesley and Xander, Angel, Connor, Dawn and James joined in celebrating with Spike and Buffy. The four ‘family’ lieutenents, Gunn, Dalton, Silus and Lindsey held guard over their leader, Marcus, and his family.

Finally, about 5:00 AM, Marcus stood up from his head seat at the great table and stated simply, “it is time to leave the couple to their wedding night.” As if God himself had spoken, the four guards, Angel, Connor and Wesley leapt up from their own seats to join their father.

“It’s true,” Giles yawned as he stood up, motioning to Willow, Joyce and Dawn. “The sunrise is close and it is time to leave for my home.”

“I’m gonna’ roll off home to Cordy,” Xander announced as he stretched. “I’m fed, buzzed and happy,” he sighed with contentment. However, when he stood up, the young man stumbled, just a bit.

“I will see him home,” Gunn grunted automatically. “Don’t worry,” he assured a suspicious Buffy, “I wouldn’t bite Harris if my unlife depended on it,” the vampire finished with a smirk.

“Spike, a minute man?” Xander mumbled to the groom.

“Sure thing,” Spike replied, a dubious expression on his face.

When Xander got Spike into a corner, he lowered he voice and issued a warning. “Don’t ever hurt her, understand?” Xander gave Spike a severe glare, even if he slurred his words, slightly. Then suddenly, Xander shook the vampire’s hand, amicably.

“I’d rather walk into the sunlight then hurt my Buffy,” Spike responded, reverently. “I love her.” He tried not to smirk at the rather buzzed human.

“Okay,” Xander sighed happily as he turned, saluted the other guests and gave Buffy a quick kiss on the cheek. “Good luck,” Xander said somberly and then he sauntered out of the Summers’ home as Gunn followed, closely behind.

“I’ll hurry back to Giles’ house,” Gunn laughed loudly as he followed Xander Harris out of the front door.

“I’m going to stay at Giles,” Willow giggled to Buffy. The red-head blushed profusely as she spoke, trying very hard not to even glance at Wesley.

“We’re going to have a girls’ sleepover!” Dawn gushed excitedly. “Like a pajama party, right Willow?”

“Yeah, sure,” Willow mumbled lowly as she tried to ignore Wesley’s heated gaze at her. “An all girls’ sleep over.”

“Everything is ready Buffy,” Dawn whispered, conspiratorily, to her sister. “Upstairs I mean,” the teen added with a girlish giggle.

“Thanks Dawnie, thanks Willow,” Buffy replied with a quick wink at both of the girls.

“Congratulations honey,” Joyce kissed her daughter, then grabbed a pre-packed bag, placed by the front door for Dawn and her.

“Thanks Mom,” Buffy murmured as she placed a kiss on her mother’s cheek.

“Thanks everyone,” Buffy said, smiling at the happy group.

“Yeah, thanks everyone,” Spike added. “Now get the bloody hell out of here so my wife and me can have a proper honeymoon,” he finished good-naturedly.



James began to whine, unhappily, at the thought that he had to leave his mum and dad on such an important occasion. The boy scurried over to his Spike and flung himself into his father’s lap.

“I don’t want to go,” James pouted, reminding Buffy of her husband.

“It’s just for a day and night, son,” Spike replied gently. “You want mum and dad to complete the wedding right? Maybe make a little brother or sis for you tonight and…”

“Will! That’s enough!” Buffy yelped, scandalized by her husband’s brutal honesty.

“Well, it’s a fact, Princess,” Spike began, matter-of-factly. “There’s every chance that we might make another…”

“Let’s go,” Giles muttered, suddenly quite sober, even after the bottle of wine he’d imbibed.

“Okay Daddy,” James sighed, quite bravely. “I’ll go to Uncle Giles’ house, for a while. But can I come home? Soon?”

“Of course you can baby,” Buffy interjected lovingly. She picked up her son and hugged him tightly. Spike wrapped his long arms about his wife and son and held them both to his cool body.

“Go with Grandma and Auntie Dawn now, kay?” Buffy kissed James little forehead and handed him over to his father.

Spike held his boy to his body, possessively. “You’ll be back home with your mum and me before you know it,” he whispered to James. “Be strong for your old dad, eh son?”

“Yes Daddy,” James replied bravely. “I’ll soldier on, like a true Aurilus would.”

“That’s Aurileous,” Spike and Buffy corrected their son, in unison.

Taking Joyce by her arm, Giles led the small group out of the Summers’ home, leaving the bride and groom alone together. “Come on then James,” Giles took the boy from his parents. “You’ll bunk on the pull out sofa in the front room, then.”

James suddenly looked as if he’d been told that Santa Claus was coming tonight and he eagerly allowed Joyce to take him into her arms.

“I love you,” James sang to his parents, even as he grandmother walked out the front door with him.

“Love you,” Spike and Buffy called after their disappearing son.

After everyone had left the house, Buffy stood, motionless in her front room. She did not look at Will, yet that is. For some reason, Buffy felt like a young, virgin bride. Here she had slept with William the Bloody, scourge of the European Continent and the heir to the Clan of Aurileous. They had a son together, for God’s sake and her husband planned to lay claim to her. In the most bloody carnel way. How in the name of the new pope, Benedyne was it; could Buffy feel like a blusing bride?

Spike, on the other hand, had no false modesty or bashful musings. He stalked over to his bride, all manly like, and grabbed her about her tiny waist.

“I believe we have an engagement, Princess? Upstairs, in your prim little room and…”

Without further ado, Spike hoisted Buffy over his left shoulder and sprinted up the staircase. Taking the stairs two at a time, Spike made it to Buffy’s bedroom in seconds.

“Eeep!” Buffy squealed in false shock. Actually, she was loving every minute of this.

When they entered her room, Buffy was thrilled to hear William gasp in delight at the scene before him. On Buffy’s orders, Willow and Dawn had created a fantasy honeymoon room for the couple.

The lights of the room were dimmed, completely; replaced by candles of various sizes all about the room. Some had aromas of vanilla and jasmine, Buffy’s scents and were lit, ready to illuminate the couple’s special night.

A bucket of iced champagne set on Buffy’s night table, next to the bed. Next to that bucket was a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries, Buffy’s favorite food treat. Garlands of red and white carnations, the January flower, were strung above the bed.

“Oh Buffy,” Spike gasped again, feeling a little poncey by his show of emotion, “this is just, just amazing.”

“I know,” Buffy giggled from her position behind her husband. “I told Wills and Dawnie what to do and they did it, perfectly.”

“Can you put me down now?” Buffy whispered her request. “I’d like to get us both naked and get down to the honeymoon now,” she finished with a saucy little chuckle.

“Oh, yeah, sure,” Spike yelped eagerly as he gently sat her white satin shoed feet on the floor. “Let me help you with this exquisite dress, eh?”

“Please,” Buffy giggled with a blush. She dutifully turned to show her back to him, allowing his nimble fingers to unzip her wedding dress.

Buffy pressed back against William, her bare backside leaned against his cool, taut body. “Will, about this claim thingy. Is it just because of James, that you’re trying to protect him? Or is it more? I have to know and…”

“It’s partly because of our son,” Spike answered quickly as he placed soft, sweet kisses on her neck and naked shoulders. “But it’s mainly because of you, sweet. I’ve wanted to claim you as my mate since the first moment I laid eyes on you.”

She shivered in anticipation and allowed him to spin her around to face him. William’s eyes were blue-black with lust and Buffy trembled again at the power in her master vampire’s arms.

“Get naked then, baby,” she ordered huskily. “I want you to claim me and for me to claim you. Now!”

Spike ripped his clothes off and finished removing Buffy’s panties and nylons. They kissed each other, hungrily, the entire time and finally, he gently pushed her onto the bed.

Buffy had asked that blood red satin sheets be put on her bed, replacing the plain flowered ones from before. As if everything else was not enough, the color of the new sheets reminded Spike of the blood he would taste from his wife. Even though it wasn’t needed, the whole thing acted as a strong aphrodisiac for both Buffy and Spike.

“Gonna’ take this slow,” Spike hissed out as he ran his tongue down Buffy’s neck, right over her pulse point there.

“The heck with slow,” Buffy cried in need. “We can do slow later. I want you, need you in me now!” She thrust her hips up to meet his.

“Your wish is my command, baby,” Spike growled as he thrust his hard cock into his wife’s hot, wet cunny. He wasn’t the least bit surprised that Buffy was so wet and ready for him. He was certainly ready for her and had been for years.

“Oh,” Buffy cried out as William pulled out and thrust back into her, passionately. “It’s, it’s…” she gasped, unable to finish the sentence.

“Amazing!” Spike roared out for them both as he pounded his wife into the mattress. When he wasn’t kissing Buffy’s sweet mouth, he was nibbling her jaw, neck and breasts.

“I love you,” they chanted in unison as they ‘danced’ together in the age old way of lovers.

“Now!” Buffy ordered in a high-pitched squeal. “Do it now darling!”

Spike didn’t have to be asked twice to do the thing that he had wanted and needed to do to Buffy for years. He changed into his demon’s visage and bit down into Buffy’s tender neck screaming, “MINE!” as he did.

“YOURS!” Buffy screamed back, digging her fingernails into her husband’s back, drawing blood herself.

With just three draws of her sweet blood, Spike pulled his fangs from Buffy’s sleek neck and reverently licked at the wound, possessively.

“Return the claim,” he ordered, huskily to her as he pulled her mouth to his own neck.

Buffy bared her blunt, human teeth and bit down as hard as possible on William’s corded neck. Her bite was just enough to draw a slight trickle of blood from his pale skin.

“MINE!” she hissed roughly as she sipped her husband’s cool blood into her mouth.

“YOURS, always!” He rasped in pleasure.

Once they had given and returned the claim to each other, Spike and Buffy finally let go, completely. They came together, roaring each other’s name as they did and crying out their love vows to each other once again.

Spike collapsed on top of his mate. He was spent and deliriously happy to be right here, with his eternal mate, finally. Never in his unlife, had Spike felt so complete and happy.

Buffy buried her head into his neck, right where she had claimed him and licked the wound, tenderly. Never in her life, had she felt so complete and happy.
Chapter 21: 'Love; Mate and Check' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this an reviewing.
Thank you to the E-s I got to continue. It means so much to me!
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA




Chapter 21: ‘Love; Mate and Check’


Summary: Buffy and Spike continue their honeymoon. There is danger coming. Will our scoobies thwart it?


“Will, when did the ceiling fall down?” Buffy was wrapped up in her husband’s cool, strong arms; in their wedding bed. Which was actually Buffy’s childhood bed at one time, but, that was until…

“Don’t know for sure,” Spike chuckled as he eyed the ‘damage’ done by their coupling. “Somewhere between the second time we fucked and…”

“William, don’t be crude!” Buffy snapped abruptly. “We made love; we did not fuck like a couple of animals!”

“Okay, okay,” Spike laughed heartily, “so we made love. I’ll give you that, Princess. But, we fucked like a pair of wolf mates, too sweetheart. Damn nice too,” he grunted in contentment as he pulled his wife closer to his body.

They lay naked in the bed, cuddled up with each other. It was the day after the night after their wedding ceremony. The newlyweds had done nothing but make love and re-consummate their claim on each other since their ceremony.

Okay, that and they made unnecessary phone calls to Rupert Giles’ home to check on their family and most importantly, their son, James.

“Good thing the ceiling splintered over there,” Spike pointed at the fallen wood on the bedroom floor. “Any closer to the bed and I’d be dust, for sure. What a way to go, eh?” He finished with a heavy sigh, a smile on his face.

“I’d just die if you were dusted, baby,” Buffy pouted, kissing her husband on his wonderful mouth. Just hours before that lovely mouth of William’s had brought Buffy to so many orgasms that she’d lost count.

Of course, her own mouth had not been idle, that was for sure! The last time Buffy had gone down on Will, he screamed in pleasure and actually thanked God above and all the Saints in heaven for the amazing mouth of Buffy!

“Well, baby,” Buffy gave him a saucy smile, “your father did say that we’d shake the rafters down. Remember?”

“When you call me baby? Oh fuck Buffy it just drives my wild!” Spike scrambled on top of his wife and buried his mouth into her sleek, warm neck.

Buffy laughed uncontrollably, swatting at William, tenderly of course. “Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,” she chanted wildly.

“Ahhggg,” Spike growled into Buffy’s neck and began to nip her tender skin there. “If you want another ‘love’ bite? Then keep it up and…”

“Baby, baby, baby,” Buffy giggled wickedly, not even trying to pretend to fight off her husband’s mouth assault.

Their ‘foreplay’ was interrupted by the shrill ring of the phone by the bed.

“Don’t answer that,” Spike ordered gruffly, not bothering to check caller ID.

Buffy, however, did check the name on the screen and quickly reached for the phone receiver.

“Mom?” Buffy greeted the caller, “is everything all right?”

“Yes,” Joyce Summers sighed, “it’s just that James is a little unnerved by his absence from you and William. Do you think this ‘honeymoon’ thingy might be finished? Soon?” The older woman seemed about at her wit’s end and Buffy scowled briefly.

Clamping her hand over the phone, Buffy looked, pleadingly, at William. “James is having issues,” Buffy pouted, prettily, at him.

‘That lower lip,’ Spike thought evilly, ‘gonna’ get that lip with my mouth and teeth and when I do? I’m never gonna’ let it go!’

Verbally, however, the blond vampire asked nervously, “what’s wrong with our son?”

“He’s unhappy about being away from us, for so long,” Buffy whimpered. This was the first time that she herself had been away from her darling son for any length of time and frankly speaking? It was beginning to weigh heavily on her.

Apparently, it was weighing heavily on Spike too, because he felt himself tear up and begin to long for his new found son.

“Can you bring him over Mom?” Buffy asked her mother meekly, “you can bring Giles, Xander and even Willow with you. In the daylight, right William?” She looked at her husband, pleadingly.

Spike nodded quickly, unafraid of showing his sensitive parental side. The truth was, that he missed his son, dearly, even though he was having a hell of a good time with Buffy, alone. Just the two of them.

“They’ll be here, in the next hour or so,” Buffy whispered to William, her tone was giddy.

After she hung up the phone, Buffy snuggled back into William’s arms. “As soon as they drop James off, they’re all going right back to Giles’ place. We can put Jimmy in Dawn’s room, sweetie,” she sighed. “He’ll be fine there, just as long as he’s with us, in the house.”

“Your father and brothers have gone back to the lair,” she continued matter-of-factly. It’s just Mom, Giles, Dawn and Willow, oh, and Wesley,” Buffy chuckled. “It seems that your father insisted that his right hand ‘man’ stick around and keep an eye on the humans.”

“Too right,” Spike grunted, deliriously happy that he had his wife and soon, his son back with him.


“Mummy! Daddy!” James burst through the front door of the Summers’ home, his blue eyes bright with excitement.

Joyce hung about the front porch, looking longingly into her own front living room. Giles and Xander stood, hands in pockets, sheepishly glancing into the house, afraid to enter, apparently.

“Hey you,” Buffy squealed as she picked up her son and cuddled him close to her. “Daddy and me? We missed you!”

“We surely did,” Spike murmured as he nuzzled his son’s golden head. “Not that we didn’t have some fine moments alone. In fact, Jimmy? There may be a little brother or sister in the near future for you and…”

“William!” Buffy gasped, scandalized.

“Oh, come on now, sweet,” he mumbled. “Like you don’t think that we might have ‘created’ something during the last two days and nights?”

“Whatever,” Buffy muttered, her face bright red with embarrassment.

“Mummy,” James piped up, “can you make us a pizza tonight? Just one for you, daddy and me?” He squirmed about as if he might pop out of his clothes.

“I can, and I will,” Buffy replied warmly, tousling her son’s golden curls.


Spike and Buffy watched their son sleeping, comfortably in his Aunt Dawn’s borrowed bed. They had tucked the boy in, an hour before, but had stayed to read him stories and tell him the daring tales of the Aurileous. The tales they ‘could’ tell him that is, as Buffy noted.


After they reclaimed each other, quietly this time, Spike and Buffy fell asleep in each other’s arms. It was the most restful sleep Buffy had ever had, and Spike would have to agree.

The next morning, little James came bursting into the room, waking his parents up with loud chatter.

“Can we go to the zoo today?” The boy asked excitedly.

“Uhm, no, honey,” Buffy stammered, glancing at William nervously. “Daddy has a problem with the son, remember?”

“Right,” James scowled briefly. “Then can we go to a movie, tonight Daddy?” He used his big blue eyes to plead with his father.

“Sure thing,” Spike chuckled in response. “We’ll see that new movie, the one with the hillbillies in it. What’s the name again, luv? Dukes of Hazing?”

“Dukes of Hazzard,” Buffy groaned. “I hated the TV show and…”

Their early morning convo was rudely interrupted by a heavy, urgent knock at the front door.

“Who could that be?” Buffy asked out loud as she hurried to the front door.

When she answered, she found Rupert Giles standing on the porch, a hang dog look on his handsome face.

“Buffy, dear,” Giles began hoarsely.

“What is it,” Buffy snapped, her senses told her that something was very wrong here.

“It’s Dawn and Connor,” Giles continued timidly. “Gunn says they snuck out, last night, to the Bronze. I guess Dawn wanted to show Connor a human good time and…”

“They didn’t come home? All night?” Buffy choked out weakly. She barely noticed that her husband had joined her in the front hallway.

“No,” Giles shook his head sadly, just before he stepped inside. “I sent Xander, Wesley and Willow out last night. To look for them, but, to no avail,” he finished, his voice trailing off.

“Oh God,” Buffy moaned loudly. “William!” She wailed to her husband who was now right by her side.

“What is it?” He asked innocently.

“Dawn, Connor,” Buffy stammered, “They’re missing. Since last night.”

“Oh bloody fuck!” Spike hissed, ignoring the Watcher’s disgusted look.

“Do you think Riley has them?” Buffy asked fearfully. “What if Riley has them!” She began to cry, softly, not noticing her son’s appearance in the living room.

“What is it Mummy,” James asked quietly. “Why are you crying?”

“It’s nothing,” Buffy whispered, lying through her teeth. “Mummy is just tired and…”

There was another knock at the Summers’ front door and all three of the adults jumped in shock from it.

“I’ll get it,” Giles mumbled lowly.

He answered the door and found no one there, at all. Then, his glance fell upon some items on the porch step.

“Buffy,” he called quietly to his Slayer. “I think you’d better get this,” he added.

Buffy hurried to the door and spied the items that Giles was looking at, on the doorstep. There was a necklace; a ring and what appeared to be a note or something.

She bent down and retrieved the items from the porch, reluctantly scanning them.

“Oh, God,” Buffy began to sob, “it’s the sapphire necklace, the one I gave Dawnie for her last birthday. And a ring, one that I don’t recognize,” she handed the ring to William. It was in the shape of a dragon.

“It’s Conn’s,” Spike rasped. “I gave him this ring, when he was indoctrinated into…” The blond vampire could not finish. He was too upset.

“What does the note say?” Giles asked, fearfully.

Buffy opened the white piece of paper and read it, out loud, to the small group in her living room. Even her own, young son.

‘Dearest Buffy,’ the note began innocently enough. ‘I hope you find these baubles, just trinkets, really, signs of my eternal devotion, good enough for you.

In the infamous words of the great Bobby Fischer: ‘Check’ my dearest Slayer. The next move is yours.

All of my love, kisses and devotion, Riley’
Chapter 22: 'We Need A Plan!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading. Please note the A/N just after the summary inside the chapter.

Thanks,
spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA




Chapter 22: ‘We Need A Plan!’

Summary; Spike wakes up and finds his wife gone. Giles is drunk, again, and not much help to the frantic vampire…..maybe that is.
Buffy finds help in an unusual place.


A/N: This story is finally winding down. Now, I have a favor to ask the readers: If you have any ideas about the final showdown between Spike, the Aurileous, Buffy and the Wu Tang Clan? Please E me and let me know what you think? I need some battle ideas, desperately. The rest of the plot is pretty well written, but I need some battle plan help.

Thanks, spuf


Chapter 22:








Spike woke up from his troubled sleep to find his son, James, pulling at his shoulder.

“Daddy, Daddy,” James whimpered fearfully, “where’s Mummy, where did she go?”

Before his son could ask him again, Spike bolted up from the bed and scoured the room for his missing bride. He realized, instantly, that James was right; Buffy was gone, at least from their bedroom.

As he leapt from the bed and glared at the clock, Spike noted that it was only 2:35 PM in the afternoon. The vampire’s unbeating heart nearly kicked into an unfamiliar cadence as he pulled on his black jeans and grabbed his son into his arms. Without a thought, Spike raced down the stairs of the Summers’ home. He stumbled over to the couch and into Rupert Giles. Spike could tell the man had been crying of all things.

“She’s gone, Spike,” Giles mumbled in horror, taking a sip from a whisky glass. “I came out here, an hour ago; found her gone and…” Rupert appeared to be in a daze and Spike realized he’d get no help from the bumbling old fool.

“Where?” Spike rasped, his throat closing up with fear. Although he really didn’t have to ask, since he realized that Buffy purposely lulled everyone into a false sense of safety. The minute they had all fallen asleep, finally, his wife took off to find the Wu Tang Clan and that bulkhead, Riley Finn.

“To find ‘them’ I suppose,” Giles muttered in a muddled haze. “She’s gone to find the Clan of Riley,” he finished with a shudder. “Buffy is the most extraordinary girl, really,” Rupert continued in a monotone voice. “She’s quite the toughest little Slayer that ever…”

“Shut the fuck up!” Spike spat angrily, clutching James closer to him. “We all know what a great slayer my Buffy is! Why can’t you bloody stupid fucks at the Council…”

“Daddy, please,” James whimpered again, “doesn’t talk to Uncle Giles that way. He’s sorry that Mummy is gone, so please don’t yell at him.” The poor little child gazed at his father, fearfully.

“I know poppet,” Spike murmured, ashamed at himself for scaring his only child even more. “I promise,” he added thoughtfully, “I’m not mad at Uncle Rupes, honest.”

“We have to find her,” Spike muttered, sick with fear. “We have to find her, Giles,” he repeated huskily.

“Yes, we do,” Giles replied, mechanically. “I’ll call Xander,” he sighed heavily, “send him over to your father’s lair. The Godfather will want to know what’s going on and how he can help,” the older Brit nodded to himself. Giles stood up and hurried to the Summers' phone.

“Is Mummy going to be okay?” James asked in a tearful voice, his little chin quivered in fear.

“Of course,” Spike whispered, pressing his forehead into James smaller one. “I’d never let anything bad happen to your mum, James,” he promised his child, trying not to let the boy see the terror in his own blue eyes.


Across town, Buffy Summers stormed into Willie’s Bar, a slayer with a purpose. When she entered the bar, at approximately 2:35 PM, she noted that it was pretty full, even for that time of day.

There were three or four Truak demons at the bar and a couple of Dagon devils at a small table nearby. The rest of the tables were taken up by various vampires and demons. Buffy ignored the looks of the patrons and headed straight for the bar and to the owner, Willie the Snitch.

“Come here, Willie,” Buffy spat with authority, reaching over the bar and grabbing onto Willie’s messy shirt. “We need to chat, buddy,” she growled as she pulled the demon up and over the bar to face her.

“Come on, Slayer,” Willie whined in his nasally voice. “I’m not doin’ nothin’ wrong and…”

“Shut the fuck up!” Buffy roared, pulling her right arm back and making a fist. “I’ll break every rotten bone in your rotten body, Willie, if you don’t start talking. You do know where Riley’s lair is. Don’t you?”

Willie stared in wide-eyed horror at the scary slayer. He truly had ‘no’ idea where the fucking lair of the Wu Tang was. If he had any idea, he would have told Spike, at least, days ago.

“No, Slayer, I swear to Satan himself. I’ve no idea where the Wu Tang Clan’s lair is. I…..” Willie found it hard to speak since Buffy was virtually cutting off his air supply. She had her left hand securely about his neck and was squeezing it, slowly. Unlike vampire demons, Willie the Snitch had to breathe to survive.

“Buffy!” A high-pitched squeal came from behind her and Buffy loosened her grip on Willie’s worthless neck.

“Willie doesn’t know where the Wu Tang is, but I do,” the voice finished nervously.

Buffy dropped Willie and turned to find Andrew, her old one-time friend, standing behind her. The guy, make that fledgling vampire, looked as if he had a hundred stakes pointed at him.

“I know where the Clan is,” Andrew repeated, licking his dry lips, anxiously.

“This better not be a trick, Andy,” Buffy hissed, now approaching the slight vampire. “If you’re fucking with me? I’ll…..”

“No trick, Slayer,” Andrew stated trying to be quite brave in the face of his extinction. “I know Riley turned me, but I feel no allegiance to him or his make believe clan. My loyalty lies with William the Bloody, and you. I swear it. I can’t stand what Riley’s doing; it goes against all of demon society. He won’t even respect the mark of your mate, a master vampire, and that I cannot tolerate or accept.”

Andrew stared at Buffy with pleading pale eyes and she just knew he was being forthright. Well, forthright for a fledgling vampire that is.

“Riley has your sister and William’s little brother, at the lair,” Andrew added soberly. “He’s…”

Buffy threw up her hand to halt the boy vampire’s nervous ramblings. “Enough,” she growled firmly. “Take me to the lair,” she ordered in her most menacing tone.

“Of course,” Andrew nodded eagerly. “It’s a cave, by the ocean,” he explained quickly. “I’ll lead you to the right cave and…”

“Not so fast, vampire,” Lorne stepped out from behind the bar and tossed his apron on the floor. “I’m going with you. My loyalty is to William the Bloody and his mate, also; and to the Clan of Aurileous. Besides,” he smirked slightly, “I’ve got $5,000.00 bucks on the Aurileous Clan and I’ll be damned, again, if I’m going to let the Wu Tang take control. Let’s rock and roll,” the tall green demon ordered evenly.

Willie watched as Buffy the Slayer; Lorne the whatever kind of demon he was and Andrew the wanna’ be vampire strode out of his bar. The minute they had left, Willie picked up his phone and dialed information for Sunnydale, California.

“Summers,” Willie muttered into the phone in a hurried manner. “J and B Summers, on Revello Drive,” he finished in a rough, frightened tone.


“You’ve got to find a way for me to get out, into the daylight, Rupert,” Spike was mumbling wildly. He had nearly paced a huge path in the expensive rug that Joyce had in her living room. Giles, unfortunately was almost three sheets to the wind by this time and was of little use to the master vampire.

“Yes,” Rupert slurred, “we need a cape of steel, eh Spike?” Giles found this unusually funny and he began to laugh maniacally about his silly joke.

“Too bad Clark Kent aka Superman isn’t here, eh, Spikey?” Rupert giraffe loudly, taking another swig of his drink. “His only problem is Kryptonite and there’s no bloody Kryptonite on this planet, eh vampire? Hey, maybe Kentperman could fly you to where ever Buffy is and…”

“You’re beginning to worry me, mate,” Spike spat, eyeing the human warily. “You need to put that fucking glass down and start thinking, man,” he finished curtly.

“I know,” Giles whimpered softly, “I’m a fucking foolish, useless old man. I’m not really a bona-fide watcher anymore, did you know that?”

“Look, Rupes,” Spike groaned, “we don’t have time for a pity party here. My wife is off trying to take on a master vampire and his entire clan, okay? Willie just rung us and he knows where everyone is headed! We need a ‘plan’ man!”

“Right,” Giles stood up, his chest puffed out like an alpha male. “A plan,” he roared loudly, carefully glancing about to make sure that Joyce had taken little James upstairs.

“Right, a plan,” Spike replied, still looking at the old man as if he’d grown two heads.

“This calls for my old mate, Ethan Rayne!” Giles’ broke out into a wide, happy grin at the mention of his old friend from the University.

“Rayne?” Spike asked warily. “Where’ve I heard that name before,” he asked Giles carefully.

“Ethan Rayne, Warlock Extraordinary,” Giles slurred gleefully, reaching for the phone again. “He was my college buddy; my mentor when I was Ripper and…..well, let’s not talk about that, shall we?” Rupert giggled like a school girl and Spike felt truly sick.

“He just happens to be in LA, you know?” Rupert winked at Spike and began to punch the phone number into the pad. “The man is a miracle worker, really,” the ex-watcher muttered, trying hard not to mis-punch the number. “He can morph up here in a minute and cook up, oh, sorry old man,” Giles sighed in apology at his wording. “Ethan can find a way for ‘you’ to travel in daylight, without frying that is. If anyone can that is,” Rupert added with another cockeyed wink at the blond vampire.

“Oh bloody hell,” Spike groaned again, his fear factor was growing by the minute.

‘Buffy, my beloved mate,’ he moaned in mental and physical pain, ‘what the hell have you done?’ The vampire felt his unbeating heart begin to shatter into a thousand pieces.


A/N: Short chapter, sorry. I needed to get this going again because I want to get this wrapped up in the year 2005! I have another story I want to start, soon, and I won’t until this is finished and maybe AMOM.

The next chapter will find us as the ‘cave’ of the Wu Tang Clan and a slap down between Buffy and Riley. Who will survive???

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 23: 'Mystery Guest' by spufette
Author's Notes:
This story is way too long, I'm sorry but I have more to tell...
Thanks for reading and please review.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA




Chapter 23: ‘Mystery Guest’


A/N: This story has gone on way too long and I do apologize, except, there is more to tell and I have to continue it. Thank you for reading!

Summary: Buffy and Lorne near the Wu Tang lair, but where’s Andrew? What’s going on with Dawn and Connor?

Giles, Joyce, James and Spike get a ‘special mystery guest’ at the Summers' home. Will he help them help Buffy? At what price? Oh, the visitor reveals some good but surprising news for Spike!


Chapter 23:



“Why would Andy boy slip off and go covert on us, Buffkins?” Lorne the great horned demon asked warily of the slayer.

“Well, I suppose it’s got something to do with having to travel in sewers, green guy?” She replied sarcastically. “He ‘is’ a vampire, remember, and it’s pretty sunny right now. Andrew can’t very well travel up in the real world, right?” Buffy sighed in frustration.

“Oh, right,” Lorne shrugged as he followed the ‘chosen one’ through the bright sunny streets of Sunnydale. “Good thing it’s pretty deserted right now,” the demon scanned the near empty city streets.

“I guess that’s why old Spikey can’t be with us, huh? His innate allergy to Mr. Sunshine up there?” Lorne chuckled good-naturedly at his fearless female leader. “He might burn up his lush little vampire ass.”

“Oh, put a lid on it,” Buffy grumbled as she led the green faced, horned and red-eyed demon to the Caves of the Wu Tang Clan. “My husband will be at the caves soon enough, I assure you,” she mumbled under her breath. “If I can rely on anyone, anywhere? It’s my William.”


“So,” Spike hissed at his mate’s watcher, Rupert Giles, “when does this Ethan Rayne get here?”

“Rayne is a bit of a mystery,” Rupert sighed as he removed his glasses and cleaned them nervously. “He might show up in a moment or wait until the last minute to make a grand entrance. He’s Ethan Rayne, Spike, and he’s…..”

A loud bang, followed by a cloud of bright green smoke appeared before Giles and the vampire, Spike. When the smoke cleared, a rather handsome, distinguished middle aged man stood before them.

“Rayne, I presume?” Spike asked simply of the watcher.

“I’m afraid so,” Rupert mumbled warily.

“Hello Ripper,” Ethan Rayne greeted his one time best friend. “It’s been bloody ages old man,” he chuckled wickedly.

“Maybe not ages enough, Ethan,” Giles spat as he took a step closer to his old college buddy. The two older men eyed each other, suspiciously.

“You are the one that summoned me Ripper,” Ethan Rayne reminded his old friend. “I take it that the Aurileous are here, on the Hellmouth? This must be your Slayer’s consort, eh Ripper? William the Bloody I presume. Or, should I call you Spike?” Rayne smirked at the master vampire.

“You presume bloody well right, mate,” Spike hissed, trying very hard not to show his demon visage. “Just call me ‘Master’ and I’ll be happy,” the vampire growled at the warlock.

“Let us keep this civil, gentlemen,” Rupert sighed. “I preferred not to involve you Ethan,” the older man muttered, mostly to himself. “However, we need help with this matter and you seemed to be the best choice. Willow Rosenberg is still a novice witch and we needed someone with more formidable powers.”

“A wise move, Ripper,” Ethan Rayne replied evenly. “It just so happens that I’m on the Hellmouth, on holiday as it were and…..”

“Cut out with the playing nice like old college mates,” Spike spat impatiently. “My wife is out there, on her own, facing down the Wu Tang. Me little brother and Buffy’s little sister are involved here, Mr. Magic Man. We’ve sent for you, Rayne,” he continued in his best menacing voice, “to help me teleport, I guess, to where my wife has headed off to. Right now would be a good time, mate,” he added with his most impressive master vampire authority tone.

“Impressive,” Rayne yawned dramatically. “However, what’s in it for me, friend?” Ethan blurted smugly. “What do I get from this ‘help’ I’m being asked for?”

“First off, I’m not your friend, Rayne. But, let’s just say that I’ll…..” Spike began ferociously.

“That’s enough, Spike,” Rupert interjected. “What do you want, Ethan?” Giles asked his ex-best friend, warily.

“How about the pick of the litter?” Ethan responded with an angelic smile. Well, a fallen angel’s smile to be exact.

“The pick of the litter?” Spike spat, fully aware of what this wanker meant.

“Yes, you know,” Rayne continued with a wry smile. “Your boy there, James is it?” Ethan smiled benevolently at little James, who hid behind his father.

“I’d say that the boy is pretty well spoken for. By the Powers That Be that is, but the other one? The one you impregnated Rupert’s slayer with? Just recently? It’s most likely a girl and…..”

A stunned look passed between Rupert Giles and Spike Aurileous. “How could you know that, Ethan?” Giles asked his ex-best friend gruffly.

“I know many things, Ripper,” Rayne chuckled wickedly. “Many things indeed,” he finished with a smug grin.

“I’ll rip your bloody throat out before I let you have any of my children, Rayne,” Spike roared as he grasped the older warlock’s throat with his strong hands.

“Okay,” Ethan Rayne choked out as he felt his life slipping from him. This master vampire had him by the balls, figuratively speaking that is.

“Okay,” Rayne repeated weakly, “so pick of the litter is out,” he admitted in a strained, harsh voice.

“I should say so,” Rupert noted menacingly enough. “I’d say that it’s Spike Aurileous that has the ‘upper hand’ in this matter,” Giles grunted with a sardonic smirk. “Drop him,” Rupert ordered Spike evenly.

Spike let go of Rayne’s throat and the older warlock slipped to the floor, limply. After he picked himself off of the floor, Rayne asked gruffly:


“So what am I supposed to do, Ripper?” Ethan asked with a sullen expression. “Just come here; save the day and not ask for a bloody thing in response?”

“It just might do your soul some good, Ethan,” Rupert snorted as he surveyed his well manicured finger nails. “It would not hurt you to help your fellow man by aiding the ‘right’ side in this war and…..”

“Oh for God’s sake, Ripper,” Rayne spat impatiently, “maybe I should teleport your huge head out of your tight arse!”

“See here, Ethan,” Giles sputtered. “I won’t have you come here and…..”

“Both of you! Shut the fuck up!” Spike hissed, after scanning the room and making sure his young son was out of earshot. James had fled to the kitchen to be with his grandmother, Joyce.

“Just get me to my Buffy,” Spike growled his order at both of the older Brits. “ASAP!” He hissed at the warlock.

“I repeat,” Rayne mumbled evenly, watching Spike’s every move. “What’s in it for me,” he asked icily.

“A full pardon,” Giles interjected quickly. “If you teleport William the Bloody to his mate, safely and promptly? I'll make sure you get a full pardon from the Council, Ethan. That and you can live your life out knowing that you helped take Quentin Travers down.” Rupert watched his old mentor, carefully to clock his reaction to this tempting offer.

“QT is here? In the middle of this?” Rayne gasped in shock. “Oh, let me guess,” he continued roughly, his eyes narrowed into slits. “The old bastard is siding with the ‘other team’ is it? What’s the prize, Rupert? No, you don’t need to answer. It’s the boy, isn’t it,” Rayne gazed at the kitchen door, his bushy brows scrunched together.

“It is the boy,” Rupert replied quietly. “You have to know that none of us would ever turn Buffy’s child over to Travers, or the rogue Council members. Or you for that matter, Rayne,” Giles grimaced at the older man.

“I see,” Ethan muttered softly, pacing back and forth in front of the watcher and vampire. “It must have been quite a jolt, eh Ripper? To find out that your precious Council head was a fucking Judas at heart?”

“It’s no matter to me, not anymore,” Rupert spat, shaking his head. “All I care about now is that Buffy, her child and family are safe. That and to see the Wu Tang Clan destroyed, utterly and completely. My slayer needs her mate, Ethan, by her side. You must help us. Understand?”

“I understand, Ripper,” Rayne murmured. He stopped in front of Rupert and smiled at him, almost warmly. Almost, that is.

“Understand this, mate,” the watcher continued sternly at his one time friend. “If you muck this up, or betray any of us? I’ll turn you over to the Godfather, Marcus Aurileous, at the drop of a hat. Do you understand that Ethan?”

“I understand Ripper,” Ethan Rayne mumbled under his breath. “And Rupert, I’ve missed you Rupert,” he added as an afterthought.


“So, Lorne,” Buffy chatted amicably as they maneuvered through the beach sand. “I’ve got an important question,” she stated perkily.

“Yes, muffin?” Lorne replied, trying to keep the damp sand from mushing over his new Prada shoes.

“Male demons, such as yourself,” Buffy continued as she strode forth. “You guys have real balls, metaphorically speaking that is?” Buffy stopped and turned to face the green demon, a serious expression on her face.

“Well, yeah,” Lorne stammered, for once at a loss for a lot of words.

“That’s good,” Buffy sighed dramatically, “because we’re both going to need them, and soon. Lorne, my old friend, we’re going to need balls of steel to face up to the hordes of hell that are in that cave.”

Buffy had stopped in front of a large hole in the side of a secluded ocean cliff. “We’re here, oh great Green One,” Buffy mumbled as she set the big canvas bag down. The one she had carried all the way to this destination.

“What’s in the bag, Buffy biscuit?” Lorne asked brightly, trying to change the dour conversation.

“Oh,” Buffy muttered non-chalantly, opening the bag and pulling out a number of ‘things’ from it. “A little of this,” she grunted as she held up a huge torch of some kind. “A bit of that,” she stated, revealing a can of lighter fluid. “Oh, and this,” she chuckled evilly, holding out her hand. In it was a silver plated Zippo lighter.

Lorne could read the tiny writing on the lighter. His race of demons had incredible eyesight.

“To my eternal love, William,” the green demon recited loudly as he deciphered the tiny words. “Love forever, Buffy.”


A/N: I had to get the show on the road, again. I hope this chapter was okay. Next chapter, Buffy will definitely face off with Riley and the Wu Tang Clan. Will Spike show up in time to help? Will the Aurileous Clan show up in time to help?

Please tune in; same ‘bat’ time; same ‘bat’ channel.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 24: 'An Offer He Can't Refuse' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I have been so bad about updating this story. I kind of ran into writer' block (make that slammed into it!) and gave up on it for a while.
This chapter might be a bit confusing, but hopefully by the next chapter it will make sense. I will update again, soon.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


A/N: I haven’t posted ‘anything’ on this story in months and I feel really bad about it. I hope people are still reading it. This chapter is more of a connector one; one to kind of bride the gap to the ‘war’ with Riley’s minions.

Summary: Buffy makes Riley an offer he can’t refuse, but it may just backfire on her?




Chapter 24: ‘An Offer He Can’t Refuse’


‘This fuck better good at his word,’ Spike growled inwardly as he watched Ethan Rayne set up his magic shop of tricks.

Spike glanced at Giles, menacingly, noting that the Watcher did not look at all relieved to have his old mentor here with them. That was not very reassuring to Spike, but what else could they do? Buffy had taken off on her own to face down Riley and the Wu Tang; to get her little sis, Dawn and his own brother, Connor back from them.


“How long is this hocus-pocus act goin’ to take,” Spike grumbled impatiently. He ignored Giles’ exasperated look and lit up a cigarette defiantly.

“Not much longer now,” Rayne muttered evenly as he set some ominous looking candle up in the middle of the Summers’ living room. “I do have to locate your wife first, Mr. Bloody,” Ethan snapped, a bit irritated by the rush being put on him.

“Well just bloody do it then,” Spike muttered, pretty irritated himself by this time. “Quit fucking around and get to it mate,” he finished with a deep growl.


Meanwhile, on the other side of Sunnydale; by the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean? Lorne and Buffy had made it to the designated cave that Andrew directed them to.

“I think I would feel better if young Andy was here with us, Buff-Muff,” Lorne whispered as the he gazed into the deep dark cavern before them.

“That’d be a little difficult for Andrew you know. In fact, I’d say it would be pretty fatal for him, again,” Buffy quipped in reply.

Lorne just shrugged in mock indifference; truth was? Lorne the Demon was pretty terrified at this moment and wondered why in the hell he’d traipsed off after Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Oh, yeah, that was right; the Slayer in question just happened to be mated to the heir of the most powerful vampire in the universe.

‘So why in the name of Christian Dior isn’t the old man here with his troops?’ Lorne questioned silently.

“Pumpkin lips,” Lorne whispered as the duo stood staring into the huge cavern. “Uhm, just why ‘did’ you take off after our boy Riley, in the daylight I mean?”

“Cos,” Buffy mumbled through gritted teeth, “you know Spike and he would have come barreling over here, after sundown, dragging everyone with him. It’s ‘me’ that Riley wants, Lorne, and it’s me that’s going to take him out. Don’t think for a minute that Quentin Travers is going to convince that moronic ex of mine to hold onto Dawn and Connor. Even without my son, Riley will jump at the chance to take hold of me in exchange for the kids.”

A glance at Lorne told Buffy that the green demon still did not understand her plan.

“It’s like this sweetie,” she began patiently. “I’m going to make Riley and offer he can’t refuse.”

“Oh pulease,” Lorne groaned and rolled his red eyes at Buffy’s line from the Godfather movies.

It was Buffy’s turn to shrug, indifferently, and explain her plan further to the demon with her.

“Look Lorne,” she began again, “I stay out here, in the light and scream my offer into the cave, right? Then, once I’ve convinced Riley that I’m more then willing to play footsie with him, if he lets the others go? I’ll get close to him; kick his stupid ass all over Sunnydale and then take out his gang of morons. A piece of cake,” Buffy snipped with a grin and a snap of her fingers.

“Oh,” Lorne sighed in response, but he didn’t look quite convinced of the plan’s success.

“Why should Riley let Dawn and Connor free first?” Lorne asked with a furrowed green brow. “Won’t he just insist that ‘you’ go in and turn yourself over first then…”

“Lorne old pal,” Buffy giggled nervously, “you don’t know Riley well, do you?”

“Not really, no,” Lorne admitted reluctantly. “Never really had the urge to hang with Finn, not even when he was human.”

“Can’t blame you there dude,” Buffy laughed outright. “Riley isn’t the best company and now? He’s really dead! Get it? Riley is dead and all”. Buffy seemed to find this very funny, but she stopped laughing long enough to try and explain more to Lorne.

“Look,” she continued impatiently, “Riley doesn’t give a damn about James; that was all Travers’ idea. The great leader of the Wu Tang just scammed Quentin into helping him with the promise of turning William’s and my son over to that old despot. I’ll just tell Riley, the village idiot that I’m giving myself to him to save Dawn and Connor, like I said.”

“That,” she continued in a gravelly voice, “and that I have come to my senses about my so-called mate, William the Bloody. I’ll convince Riley that I realize, now, that Spike is only concerned with our son, James. I’ll give Riley my word that I will come to him, since there is nothing holding me to Spike. I think I can be a good enough actress to convince old no-neck Finn that I would rather sacrifice ‘my virtue’ then both of my son’s parents.”

“Look,” Buffy tried to reassure the dubious green, large-horned demon. “Riley trusts me enough and is certainly egotistical enough to believe me and wallah!” Buffy smiled smugly at Lorne, who still looked completely confused.

“Riley will turn Dawn and Connor loose; Travers will balk and throw a fit and Riley will kill him. Saves me the trouble of ridding the Council and the world of Quentin Travers,” Buffy had to smirk at the wicked thought.

“Spike and his family will be spared a major war because I’ll have taken care of Riley and his goons already. Element of surprise, Lorne. It’ll work like a charm. I’ll even cross my fingers when I promise Riley that I’ll come peacefully to him. Riley will never know what hit him,” she chuckled evilly.

Again Buffy shot her companion a smug, self-assured grin. However, Lorne returned her look with one of his own; a dubious doubtful one.

“I don’t know Buffykins,” Lorne began cautiously, “I think maybe Spike and his family should have just been invited along at the get go? Besides, how are you gonna’ take out Finn and his minions, all by yourself? I know you’re the end all Slayer and such but…..”

“Well you’re coming along for the ride, right?” Buffy asked her green companion amicably. “I mean, why else would you tag along on this grand adventure if you weren’t going to lend some of your muscle, oh great green one?”

“Yeah, right,” Lorne replied skeptically, “I guess I ‘could’ lend some muscle to the fray but…..”

“Besides,” Buffy continued evenly, “don’t you have like a thousand dollars bet on the outcome of this gang war? I’m sure you want to come in and hedge your lead, right?”

“Actually, rosebud,” Lorne stammered sheepishly, “I’ve put out $10,000.00 even on your in-laws. So, yeah, I guess I should be more then happy to tag along and…..”

“Hello baby,” Riley Finn’s deep voice filtered out from inside the dark cavern. “Come to your senses have you?”



Buffy gave Lorne a look of dismissal and turned to look into the darkness before them. “It’s show time Lorne,” she murmured evenly, her back turned to the green demon.

“Maybe I have Riley baby,” Buffy purred from her safe position in front of the cave. “Come out and let’s have a nice chat, eh?”

“Don’t think so, Buffy,” Riley growled from deep inside the cavern. “The sunlight is cancerous to my delicate skin,” he added with a grunt. “Why don’t you come in and we’ll have that chat?”

“Well, I’d love to, Rile, but I’m afraid the odds here may be stacked against me? What do you say,” she paused momentarily for dramatic affect, “that you send my little sister out and release Connor somehow? That would make me feel a whole lot better and be more in the mood to détente.”

“Right,” Riley snorted roughly, “like I’m that stupid Buffy. I turn Dawn and Connor loose and you split, leaving me alone to play with my own dick and…..”

“Oh Jesus Riley, please don’t be so damned descriptive!” Buffy groaned at the visual her ex had given her.

“Look,” Buffy continued hesitantly, “I have to admit that I’ve come to a conclusion, about my so-called mate? He just used me to get to our son, James. Spike is an asshole, Riley, an even bigger one then you. Let my sister go, and Connor, who I happen to find rather charming and I’ll ‘talk’ about coming over to your side? You have to let the kiddies go though,” she added hastily, “so I know you’re in good faith?”

“Uhm, let me think,” Riley hissed as he neared the cave’s opening. Buffy could see her ex-friend’s amber eyes in the darkness.

“Uhm, hell no? Is that enough of an answer for you?” Riley laughed gruffly and came even more dangerously close to the opening of his lair.

“Maybe,” Buffy purred silkily, “but then, maybe this is my answer for you all.” She pulled out the torch; the gas can and her mate’s beloved special lighter.

Buffy lit the zippo and touched it to the now gas-soaked torch, then leaned slightly into the cave’s opening. “I can burn you bastards out just as easily,” she barked evilly into the darkness.

“If you won’t let my sister and Connor go? I’ll burn the whole fucking cave inside and out. What difference does it make? If I leave Connor and Dawnie to you; you’ll just turn Dawn and torture Connor. Why not kill all of you off and save my loved ones their horrible fate at your hands?”

“True,” Riley rasped, “but some of us; me especially, will escape through the tunnels of these ancient caves and unlive to fight another day. Do you really want that Buff?”

“How long to you think you’ll last in the demon universe, without your great Wu Tang Gang and all, Riley?” Buffy asked the vampire through the darkness. She tried, really hard, to have a very confident, steady air about her, but she was getting kind of unsure about all of this.

‘Damn,’ Buffy sighed to herself, ‘I wish my William was here.’

“Probably not long,” Riley stammered from the darkness. “I have to hand it to you babe, you always have a master plan, don’t you?”

“Usually,” Buffy mumbled under her breath. “Look, just send Dawn out; free Connor and send him out with Andrew and…..”

“Andrew,” Riley roared in shock, “it was Andrew that led you hear? I’ll rip that little maggot’s head off of his shoulders!”

“No you won’t,” Buffy barked back at him. “If you harm one hair of Andy’s fair head, I'll rip you apart when the time comes! I’ll reconsider my offer and tear you a new one Finn. That I promise. Just send Connor out through the tunnels, with Andrew and when they’ve reached a safe point? They can signal Lorne and me and I’ll come inside to you. I give you my word, Riley. Slayer’s honor,” she quoted steadily, trying not to gag on her own lies.

Quentin Travers appeared, suddenly, at the front of the cave. The old fool stared Buffy down, hatefully, before he began his rant.

“We want the boy also!” Travers roared from inside the cave, causing both Buffy and Lorne to tremble just a bit.

“Fuck you Travers,” Buffy hissed back once she had gotten her nerves more under control. “You’ll never have my son!”

“I don’t give a fuck about the snot nosed little brat,” Riley interjected from somewhere behind Quentin. “It’s Buffy I want and Buffy I’ll have,” he added maliciously.

“But…..” Quentin stammered in rage.

“Do not insult my son,” Buffy growled in her low, dangerous tone that Riley could still hear very well. “I’ll toss this torch in there so fast and…..”

“Nevermind the kid,” Riley hissed menacingly, “I just want you Buffy. Travers here can go fuck himself. He’s outlived his purpose anyway. Graham get this piece of shit out of my sight; no, chain him up next to Spike’s little idiot brother!”

Graham dragged a shouting, angry Travers off while Buffy continued to stare into the darkness of the cavern. She knew Riley was close by now, but she still could only see his outline.

“Let them go,” she ordered the vampire once again as she held the torch high. “Let Dawn and Connor go and I swear I’ll come in to you.” Buffy carefully crossed her long, slim fingers of her left hand, just behind her back and held her breath as she waited for Riley’s answer.

“Okay,” Riley hissed from inside the cave. “Unchain the little bitch and her boy toy there,” he called out to some faceless minions behind him. “Andrew, take Connor there through the back tunnels and get him out of here. I never want to see your sorry dead ass again, boy, do you understand? If I do? I’ll rip your head off and vacuum your ashes up myself!”

“Yes Riley,” Buffy heard Andrew stutter, relieved, in reply. “Buffy, I’ll take Connor out and around to a cave that lets out, just over about five hundred feet from where you look to be. Once we’re there, I’ll call out to you that we’re safe and then slip out the alternate back way into town. Connor can tell me where his family is and…..”

“Okay Andrew,” Buffy yelled out impatiently, “but I want Dawnie to come out to me. Lorne will take her home to my house.”

“Buffy, no,” Lorne cried in disbelief, “I promised to go with you, inside the cave.”

“No can do, Lornie,” Buffy sighed sadly. “You’re a great demon honey but you wouldn’t last a minute in that lair. Besides, what I have to do? You can’t help with and you know that. Riley must know you’re on my mate’s side and he’ll just take you out immediately. No, you take Dawn home and tell my William where we are.”

It was at that moment that Dawn came running from the cave, looking not to worse for the wear. She threw herself into her sister’s arms and began to cry uncontrollably.

“I’m sorry Buffy,” she stammered between sobs. “It was my idea to take Connor out for a night; show him how human teenagers party. It was my fault, all of it, but you don’t have to go inside, right? You can just leave with us,” the dark-haired girl looked at her idol with pleading blue eyes.

“It’s okay, baby,” Buffy murmured into her sister’s ear. “But I have to go inside, end this mess once and for all. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing honey, honest. I love you Dawn,” she continued while she tried to keep the fear from her voice. “Please tell William and James how much I love them. Tell them I’ll be home before midnight, promise.”

“Oh Buffy,” Dawn cried as tears streamed down her face, “please, please just go home with us.”

“It’ll be fine, besides, sundown is coming. Do you really believe that William the Bloody will not come to the aid of his beautiful, adored wife?” Buffy grinned wickedly as she tried to keep the fear from showing in her green eyes.

“Yes, but…..” Dawn began stubbornly.

“Take her Lorne,” Buffy whispered to her new friend. “Take her home and tell William where I’m at. If I don’t get home by sundown? He’ll know my plan failed and…..”

Buffy kissed Dawn on her wet cheek and pulled away from her, slowly. She turned and quickly fled into the cavern and into Riley’s waiting arms.


A/N: I don’t like this chapter and I’m kind of sorry I wrote it like this and will post it. The truth is, it doesn’t make much sense to me, but hopefully, in the next chapter, it might be more clear what’s going on. Please, don’t worry, Spike is on his way and there are more surprises arriving with him!

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 25: 'The Show!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
This is the next to the last chapter.
Thank you for reading and reviewing.
LA COSA NOSTRA


Summary: Buffy’s plan pans out, kind of. Spike and a surprise teleporting hitch-hiker show up in the cave. What will happen? Please read and find out!


Chapter 25: ‘The Show!’


Buffy slipped into the dank cave, blinking her green eyes at least three times to acclimate to the deep darkness. The first ‘thing’ she saw was Riley Finn standing in the darkness, a smug grin on his once handsome face.

“Welcome home baby,” Riley purred seductively as he slithered closer to Buffy.

“Now, let’s get something straight, Riley,” Buffy countered coolly, her right hand held up as if to stop him from nearing.

“I never said that I considered this dump my home. I only came here to save my sister, Connor and prevent an all out gang turf war.
Kapish?” Buffy crossed her arms in front of her chest and took on her best stance of intimidation.

“Right,” Riley hissed in reply, his grin had vanished on his mouth to be replaced by a scowl.

“But, I don’t mind taking you as a condition of surrender from the Aurileous,” he chuckled heartily. “Makes no diff to me, as long as I end up with you.”

‘Dear Jesus,’ Buffy groaned to herself as she tried not to roll her eyes. She desperately tried to remember who acting lessons from Drama Class in high school. ‘I guess I’ll have to get closer to the fuck, just to get a stake into his heart?’

“I also never claimed that the Aurileous were surrendering ‘anything’ much less me.” Buffy continued evenly. “This whole thing was my idea and my idea only, Riley. Godfather Marcus, William and Angel; hell the whole ‘family’ would march into hell to fight your bunch of losers. So don’t get cocky, understand?” She immediately regretted her choice of words.

“Oh, I’ll get cocky all right, baby,” Riley spat harshly. “With you that is,” he added in that wicked, raspy tone that Buffy had come to detest.

Buffy tried not to shudder in disgust at Riley’s sexual innuendo towards her. A sickening vision of Riley naked came into her mind and she forced herself not to throw up.

‘Oh, it won’t even come close to that, Riley old pal,’ Buffy reassured herself with determination. ‘I’ll stake myself before I’d let ‘you’ touch me.’

“I will make you ‘my’ queen first, of course,” Riley stated loudly; for Buffy’s benefit and his nearby minions. “No half-assed claim by Spike Aurileous is going to stand in the way of my having you, Buffy. You were meant to be my mate and I’m sure you’ll realize that as soon as……”

‘Half-assed!’ Buffy gasped silently, her true feelings of loyalty nearly came out, full force. ‘Half-assed claim, my own ass!’ She kept from screaming this as loud as she could.

“If this is your way of proposing to me Riley? Can it. We both know why I’m here and it isn’t because I’m in love with you. Like I said, this idea was mine. The idea of losing my ‘family’ in any form, to a turf war is not my idea of real fun time. So…..” Buffy uncrossed her arms and discreetly checked the hidden stake that she had tucked into the back of her panties.

‘Yup, still there,’ Buffy nearly chuckled at the reassuring thought. ‘Now, if moron there is just too egotistical or stupid anyway, to check for stakes in ‘that’ place then…..’

Her thoughts were interrupted by the nearby appearance of Graham, who was looking less then thrilled to see Buffy.

“Travers is chained up, Riley,” the minion grunted. “Took two of us to hold him; he put up quite a fight. I hope you know what you’re doing here, boss,” he added roughly as he looked at Buffy with contempt.

“Buffy’s clever, even if she doesn’t look it and…..” Graham could not finish his sentence as Riley had grabbed him by his throat and began to squeeze.

“No one speaks poorly about ‘my’ future mate,” Riley hissed at Graham.

Buffy could tell that Riley really was pissed, but she said nothing. Just stood there and watched as her ex nearly squeezed Graham’s stupid head right off.

“Apologize,” Riley roared at his one-time human friend. “Now!” he screamed, releasing Graham from his hold.

“Sorry Buffy,” Graham rasped, through an obviously sore throat.

“Yeah, whatever,” Buffy snapped back and shrugged her shoulders.

“He’s just pissed that he lost his little play thing,” Riley grinned evilly while he eyed Buffy up and down. “I was going to make your little sister his eternal playmate, but, no loss. We’ll find you someone even cuter, right Graham?”

Graham just nodded in response and picked himself up off the floor of the cave. He tried not to look at Buffy as he turned and walked away from the couple.

Buffy sighed, audibly and began to tap her right foot impatiently. “So,” she began evenly, trying to sound indifferent. “What now?”

“Now,” Riley purred in the voice that he must have thought was sexy, “now you come to me.” He reached out his right hand to Buffy and bade her to near him and take it in hers.

‘Oh barfola!’ Buffy groaned as her tummy wrenched at the thought of touching this asshole.

‘Will,’ she sighed inwardly, ‘if I can’t get out of this? You’d better get your undead, British ass here; and fast!’

Buffy slowly walked over to Riley, who waited like some damned Sultan or something, for his concubine.

‘This is only a dream; this is only a dream. No, make that a nightmare,’ Buffy chanted the mantra in her mind.

When she reached out and took Riley’s hand, Buffy noticed just how icy it really was. Her William’s hand was never this cold and he was as undead as old Riley here.

“Let’s go back into my rooms and we’ll…..” Riley began coyly, his big face covered in his human visage.

However, after about three yards of Riley pulling Buffy, he stopped and turned to her. There was a look of disbelief, or anger on his face and she noticed that his demon visage was coming out.

“What?” Buffy asked in confusion, aware that her acting talents had to be better then this. Surely she had not given away her innermost thoughts and…..”

“You’re with child again!” Riley roared in rage. “I can feel the Aurileous demon spawn in you!” He accused angrily, pointing his claw-like fingers at her.

“What? Me?” Buffy asked innocently. She suddenly felt like a fifteen-year-old again and like this ass was her father.

A part of Buffy tried to hide her shock, but delight, at the fact that she was again with child. She only wished that William was here to share this joy with her. But, it was she, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who had taken off, half cocked on her own to defeat Riley and the Wu Tang Clan.

“You fucking little bitch!” Riley growled angrily. “You knew you were pregnant, with another Aurileous spawn, didn’t you?” He pulled Buffy, rather painfully, up to his huge body.

“No, I didn’t, honest Riley,” Buffy babbled in reply. The truth was she had no idea she was again pregnant with Will’s child; however, she was thrilled at the prospect.

“You fucking little whore,” Riley began his tirade again. “Don’t think I’m gonna’ take this….”

“Give me the child,” Travers yelped from his chained position on the wall of the cave. “You don’t want the baby, so when it’s born? Give it to me!”

“Done,” Riley spat angrily. “I could care less what happens to Spike’s little brat. Either of them!”

It was at this moment, unfortunately, when Riley reached around Buffy’s backside. He discovered the hidden stake in her ‘uhm’ knickers, as Spike would call them, and his face contorted into a demon mask of rage.

“You had no fucking intention of giving yourself to me!” Riley roared when he realized Buffy’s deception.

“You little fucking bitch! You were gonna’ stake me the minute you…..” he wasn’t able to finish.

Buffy pulled the stake out of Riley’s hand and attempted to run it through his cold, black heart. However, Graham proved to be useful, at least for once, and he knocked out of the slayer’s hands.

“You are so gonna’ pay for this bitch!” Riley snarled at Buffy. Without another word, the vampire balled up his hand and slugged her in the side of her. This caused Buffy to fly backwards and into the other side of the cave.

“Asshole!” Buffy screamed; her body shuddered as it was wracked with pain. “If I lose this child I’ll……”

“You’ll what baby,” Riley snarled again as he approached the fallen slayer. “I think I’m pretty much in charge here, now, sweetheart.”

Buffy cringed at the endearment that Will always used for her. Coming from Riley’s distorted mouth? It sounded more then obscene.

“Riley,” Quentin Travers called to his captor. “If you cause the death of the unborn child? You’ll never keep Buffy. The Aurileous would never let this blaspheme go unchallenged!”

“Shut the fuck up!” Riley screamed at the helpless human. “How would you like me to cause the death of you, asshole?” He grimaced at the terrified Travers, who shrunk back in fear.

‘You’re fucked, Travers,’ Buffy thought to herself as she watched the wormy little man squirm. Somehow, this thought gave Buffy some sort of satisfaction, even if she and her child were in trouble.

Riley spun about and glared at Buffy, then glanced over at Graham who just shrugged his massive shoulders at his boss. The master vampire looked as if he was being abandoned by everyone, human and demon.

“I can live with this,” Riley finally muttered, more to himself then the others around him. “I’ll raise the little brat as my own and…..”

Suddenly, a white puff of smoke appeared behind Buffy, who had regained some strength and stood up. She had stumbled over to Riley, all the time trying to muster up some idea as to how and save this whole ridiculous plan of hers.

When Buffy turned around, she saw her mate, William the Bloody, standing before her. She had never been so fucking glad to see anyone, human or demon, in her entire life.

“Oh thank God!” Buffy sighed in relief.

“Oh thank God!” Quentin Travers echoed the slayer’s sentiment.
Apparently, the old fart, Travers, realized that his fate just might rest in the hands of William the Bloody.

“What’s this bloody shit about ‘you’ raising ‘my’ kid, Finn?” Spike snarled at the taller vampire.

Riley acted quickly, for once, and grabbed Buffy. He pulled her little form to his own body and placed a knife to the woman’s throat.

“Step any closer, Spike,” Riley spat with contempt. “I’ll slice your bitch’s throat so fast that…..”

Everyone in the cave stared as there was another puff of white smoke. The spectators watched, in awe and disbelief, as young James Aurileous stepped out of the mist and joined his father.

“Mommy?” James asked in his best little boy lost voice.

“Jimmy!” Buffy cried in fright. “What are you doing here?”

“I followed daddy,” James stated matter-of-factly, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“James Summers-Aurileous,” Spike grumbled as he took a step closer to his son. “How…..”

“I waited until you’d gone, Daddy,” the nearly three-year-old, blue eyed boy explained. “I kind of slipped in behind you, when that mean man Mr. Rayne and Grandpa Giles weren’t paying attention.”

“Ethan Rayne sent you here?” Buffy gasped incredulously at her mate.

“Well you see, Giles said that Rayne could be trusted, since he hated Travers there and all and….” Spike was cut off by a furious slayer.

“I can’t believe any of you fell for that stupid fuck’s hocus pocus!” Buffy squealed in stunned fury. “Don’t any of you ever learn…..”

“Hey, this is about me!” Riley interjected pompously. “This is my show!”

“Look you bloody ponce,” Spike growled with menace. “Let ‘my’ mate go and maybe you’ll get off easy. I’ll just rip your worthless fuck of a stupid head off and not stake you or throw you out into the sunlight!”

“You really are fucking full of yourself, Aurileous!” Riley laughed boldly, making Buffy quake just a bit.

“You think you can do anything, don’t you Spike?” Finn stumbled closer to Spike and James, Buffy still in his grasp.

“You’ll sing a different tune when I slice your beautiful mate’s head off in one bold stroke, won’t you?” Riley nodded at Graham who sidled up behind Spike and took hold of him.

Another of Riley’s minions, one Buffy had seen but couldn’t remember his name; he also took hold of her mate.

“Let her go, Riley,” Spike pleaded harshly. “If you have me? You have the Aurileous and you know it. What good can Buffy do you now? You know you don’t want ‘my’ children with Buffy so…..”

“You’ve got it all wrong, Spike,” Riley hissed. “I’ve always loved Buffy, pure and simple. No one ever got that, least of all your princess here!” Riley pushed the knife just a little closer into Buffy’s silky neck.

Spike felt like he was going to be sick. Here he had planned everything so carefully, even had the Watcher of all Watchers on his side. Giles had helped him, step by step, to get here and save Buffy. Now, everything seemed to be lost.

“Problem is mate,” Spike hissed back, “I love Buffy more then you could ever imagine.”

Buffy felt the cold cut of the knife blade against her throat and the sting of hot tears in her eyes

“I love you and James,” Buffy whispered to her husband, fully aware that this would piss Riley off even more.

James Summers-Aurileous padded, steadily, closer to this monster Riley Finn. The boy knew, from everything he had heard and absorbed, that Riley Finn was his father’s enemy. Not only that, but this Riley fellow was also the enemy of his grandfather, Marcus and the whole Aurileous family.

However, in all of the excitement, it seemed that everyone had forgotten about little James. Especially Riley, who had been warned by Buffy, earlier, that her son was very, very special indeed.

At the moment, this imposing vampire, Riley Finn, held his mother at his mercy. Two less imposing vampires held his father, the infamous William the Bloody, at their mercy.

A lesser child or vampire perhaps, would have been totally lost as to what to do to correct this mistake. A lesser child/vampire would be helpless against the odds that the Powers That Be (his mother had always spoken of) had laid out for James.

However, James Summers-Aurileous was not a lesser child/vampire. James was the son of William ‘Spike’ the Bloody; master vampire and Buffy Summers; vampire slayer.

From day one, everyone who knew James; knew who had begat him, knew that he was a special breed. A hybrid of human and vampire; one who could walk in the light but think in the darkness.

James looked over at his father, William, or Spike as the demon world knew him. His daddy looked at him as if he were a more then special. Daddy looked at him as if he were a god.

Momma just looked at him with sad green eyes; tears unshed filled the emerald depths of his mother's eyes. James had never noticed how green or beautiful his mommy’s eyes were. Not until this very moment that is.

With daddy unable to help and mommy in even a worse place? James had to think fast and furiously. A deep, almost primal strength emerged in the young boy. Even if he was too young and naïve to recognize or understand it.

James reached behind his back and rested his small fingers on the left back pocket of his Osh Kosh Begosh jeans. He pulled out the stake he had somehow ‘known’ he would need from the hidden pocket.

Without a second thought, James leveled his gaze at his mother with his icy, penetrating blue eyes.

“Momma, please duck,” James requested in his boyish, but coolly adult voice.

Buffy did as she was told and ducked.

James leveled the wooden, blessed stake right at Riley Finn’s cold, black heart. He flung it like a professional; with a right on target, deadly aim.

When the stake penetrated Riley’s chest, the vampire let loose of Buffy. Riley, for his part, did not cry out or even scream in defiance. His face just reflected more shocked disbelief then anything else.

Graham and the other minion, out of shock or fear, let go of Spike when they saw their leader turn into ashes that fell to the floor.

Spike took the opportunity to slam Graham in the face and head with his right arm and hand. Buffy picked up the stake from Riley’s ashes and flung it at the other minion.

James stood, watching his parents take out a few more nearby minions. Once the vampires were disposed of, the boy walked over to the dust that was once Riley Finn, leader of the Wu Tang Clan.

Without fear, the child leaned down and retrieved the red ruby ring that once adorned Finn’s finger. He turned and humbly strode over to his mother and father.

“Here mama, I think this belongs to you,” James murmured softly. His blue eyes were suddenly innocent and not so very much intense as they had been.

Spike and Buffy just stood together, arm in arm, and studied their magnificent, inspiring son. Their heads were tilted, to the side, in awe and words temporarily escaped them.

Finally, Spike broke the silence when he looked at Buffy with a cocky but loving smirk:

“Well, I guess we finally know for sure which side of the family our boy takes after, eh Princess?”

He gazed at Buffy with so much respect and love, that she burst out into happy tears. Even if they were up against what was left of the Wu Tang Clan? They were a family unit; albeit an unusual one and dammit! They would survive!


Just as Buffy tried to counter with her own quip, the entire Aurileous army; led by Marcus, Angel, Giles and even Xander, came marching into the cave.


A/N: The turf battle will continue in the next chapter, but then this story must come to an end. I hope you have read and enjoyed it.

Thank you and please review, spufette.
Chaper 26: 'Act III: The Final Battle' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone here!
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 26: ‘Act III: The Final Battle’


A/N: Well, I meant this to be the final chapter, honest. However, when about the middle of writing it? I decided that I would have to leave too many damned loose ends! So…..here’s hoping this is the second chapter to the end; or a maybe an epilogue after this.

If there is any interest, I may possibly do an epilogue to this, but in the form of a separate, short ficlet.
Thanks, spufette.



Chapter 26: ‘Act III; The Final Battle’




It was over, really, in just moments; the whole ‘Aurileous Family vs. Wu Tang Clan’ turf war. Without their master vampire, Riley Finn, to lead them? The Wu Tang fell in droves and crumbled like dust on the massive cavern floor. The Aurileous soldiers completely overwhelmed the Wu Tang; all of them, excluding Graham, who they allowed to unlive for some reason.

Not that Riley was much of a master vampire, much less leader of any clan. After all, young James Summers-Aurileous had taken the blustering, egotistical wanna’ be godfather out. With just a well placed fling of his cleverly hidden stake. Well, his mother’s stake to be exact.

However, Riley had been the Wu Tang’s bumbling leader and with him gone? The clan’s fate was sealed from the start.

“Not much of a bloody turf war,” Spike noted off-handedly to his wife. A bit of Spike was saddened at that thought. He always did like a spot of violence and this had proved to be pretty bloody pathetic; by gang war standards that is.

Buffy noticed the smirk on her handsome husband’s face and smiled despite herself. “Yeah, they just don’t ‘make’ vampire gangs like they used to,” she snorted in reply.

“Somebody is going to have vacuuming bill. Anyone have a spare Hoover on them?” She quipped sarcastically as she surveyed the mounds of vampire dust all over the floor of the cave.

Spike coolly flipped a cigarette into his mouth, all the while chuckling at his wife’s witty barbs. Buffy reached in to her pocket and pulled out his beloved lighter. “Here,” she purred as she lit the flame, “allow me, baby.”

Spike winked at Buffy and took a long drag on the smoke before he reached over and pulled her into his arms.

“Baby,” he purred in that low, sexy, growly voice that just melted Buffy’s insides. “You’re the greatest!”

Then, Spike kissed his bride, passionately, ignoring the snorts, growls and mumbling about him.

“If you’re quite finished,” Giles interrupted the couple, “I think we should take James and get the bloody hell out of here.”

The watcher appeared extremely agitated, which was understandable enough. After all, Rupert Giles had to get back to his house; his best bottle of scotch and get to writing in his watcher’s journal about tonight.

‘They’ll absolutely go around the bend at the Council when they hear about this,’ Giles reasoned in his head. The older man could not help but feel giddy with anticipation. This was a major coup on his part; to have been witness to the vampire gang war of the millennium.

“Right,” Spike muttered, reluctantly pulling his mouth away from his luscious bride’s lips. “Got the little sprog here too, to think about,” the blond vampire blessed Buffy with a cheeky grin. He rubbed her flat tummy, as if to emphasize exactly what he meant.

“I’m with the bleached menace and the ‘G-man’ on this one,” Xander grumbled anxiously as he limped up to the group.

Buffy had to wonder why Xander looked as if he’d just gone three rounds with Evandar Holyfield? As far as she knew, Xander hadn’t raised a finger to fight anyone, much less deserve this disheveled, beaten up look he wore.

“I think we should spilt and pronto,” Xander mumbled anxiously as he looked around.

“Just what fucking decade are you from Harris?” Angel asked with a smirk of contempt. “The last time ‘I’ knew of, split wasn’t used since…..”

“What fucking ‘century’ are you from ‘undead’ boy?” Xander snorted in retaliation.

“Weren’t you born when like Columbus sailed into the West Indies and…..”

“Not hardly!” Angel growled menacingly. “I’ll have you know that I’m not even two-hundred years yet and…..”

“Enough!” Marcus Aurileous roared from his spot just yards from the bickering duo.

“Let’s go,” Marcus commanded gruffly, “I want my family back together, immediately. My daughter-in-law needs to go home and rest. She’s having my next grandchild after all.”

The Godfather smiled, benevolently at his beautiful daughter-in-law. He no longer just saw the wisp of a girl as a threat or the slayer of his kind. Buffy was his son’s life mate, eternally, and Marcus would do anything to protect her; just as he would his own family of vampires.

“What about him?” Angel asked, somberly, with a nod at Graham.

“Oh, I’ve got a mission for ‘him’ be assured,” Marcus chuckled deeply, motioning Gunn to grab Graham and bring him along.


“Oh thank God!” Joyce Summers exclaimed excitedly as she hugged her oldest daughter to her. The older woman then swept little James out of his father’s arms and clutched his tiny but strong body to hers.

“Oh, God, I was so worried,” Joyce sobbed almost incoherently. “When Dawnie brought Connor back and told us where you were and what was going on? Buffy, I nearly died,” she cried.

“I know Mom,” Buffy grumbled sheepishly. “I know it’s been hard; for you; for Dawn and for all of us. I don’t know, I’m thinking maybe it’s time I retired,” the slayer sighed as she glanced at her watcher.

“You’re fucking right it’s time you retired,” Spike growled as he wrapped his arm about Buffy, protectively. “In fact, I’m going to bloody well make sure you retire,” he finished with a dark scowl at Giles.

Buffy looked over at the beloved living room couch; Dawn and Connor sat together, their hands entwined. The slayer sighed heavily and turned to look at her watcher; her surrogate father.

“Giles,” Buffy began quietly, her sentence trailed off, unfinished.

“It’s all right, dear heart,” Giles murmured in his soothing, hushed voice that Buffy loved so. “I know it’s time to let you go,” the watcher added sorrowfully. “I shall miss you, terribly,” he finished.

“I release you, Buffy,” Giles spoke again in an even enough tone. Although there was a slight hitch in the older man’s voice. “Your obligations to the Council; the world and me. They are finished, dear.”

“Thank you Giles,” Buffy whispered hoarsely as she wrapped her slim arms about the man and hugged him tightly.

“That is it then,” Marcus interjected on the tender moment. “My daughter-in-law will come home to Transylvania, with her husband and children. She…..”

Before the Godfather could finish, Spike cleared his throat and strode over to his father. Spike looked solemn and serious; gone was the patent smirk he usually wore.

“Da…” Spike began evenly, “I think we’d better talk,” he finished by staring his old man right in the eye.

“You’re not coming home, are you?” Marcus asked quietly, his usual commanding roar and bravado was obviously absent.

“No,” Spike replied respectfully. “My family, Buffy, our kids; they come first Dad. They always will and…..”

Marcus sighed and sat down on the big chair that was once Hank Summers’ favorite. The Godfather gazed, evenly at his oldest son; his heir and did something no one could have expected. He shrugged his massive shoulders and nodded his handsome head.

“I knew this would happen,” Marcus mumbled, not unkindly to no one in particular. “You were always too much of a rebel, William; always too much your own master vampire to follow the Family rules. When Buffy here came into your unlife; gave you your child…I should have known.”

“I can’t do it, Da,” Spike stated somberly, “can’t turn my wife into a vampire; the undead. Especially now that she’s givin’ up the ‘mission’ and all. I don’t think I could ever have made her immortal, Da, not like that,” Spike finished with a shake of his head.

“Buffy ‘is’ already immortal,” Giles and Marcus cried simultaneously.

“What?” Buffy gasped in shock, clutching her son to her. “What the heck do you mean? Immortal? How? When?” She stammered anxiously as fire began to burn in those emerald green eyes of hers.

“The claim,” Spike answered for everyone. “It was the claim, wasn’t it Giles?” The vampire walked back to his wife and son, embracing them both in his strong arms.

“It was,” Giles admitted sheepishly. “Marcus and I always knew about it; the claim I mean,” he added. “I wanted Buffy immortal,” the watcher continued as he took in the stunned looks on everyone’s faces about him. Everyone of course, except Wesley and Marcus’ faces.

“Wesley made it clear that a slayer that was claimed by a master vampire would become immortal,” Giles added. “We thought it best, for you,” he nodded at Spike, Buffy and James, “if we kept that little bit of information to ourselves. Spike loved you enough to claim you for ‘love’s’ sake, Buffy. We felt it best to allow you to think that the claim was merely a wedding bond. Immortality is an added bonus, I guess you could say.”

“But, what about Mum?” Spike asked in confusion. “Why…..”

“I turned your mother because she was injured, William,” Marcus grumbled harshly. “She insisted on following that ridiculous duty of hers, slaying that is. Even after we had mated and I had claimed her. Buffy is released from her obligations to the Council; she is in no danger from slaying anymore. Therefore…..” Marcus left the sentence unfinished as he hung his magnificent head.

Buffy disentangled herself from Spike and their son. She slowly walked to where the ancient Godfather sat; seemingly so defeated, even though he had won the war.

The now ex-slayer kneeled on the floor before her father-in-law and placed her tiny hands on either side of the vampire’s face. She lifted up his head so she could gaze into his blue eyes; the same eyes as her husbands.

“Then I have you to thank for many things,” Buffy whispered in a breathy little voice before she leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Marcus’s lined forehead.

Marcus looked shocked, momentarily, then grinned widely at his lovely daughter-in-law. The mother of his only grandchildren. His blue eyes gleamed in delight at the young human woman who had captured his beloved son’s unbeating heart.

“We thought, William and me,” Buffy murmured tenderly, “that we’d settle outside of London. At your Anne’s family estate and raise the babies.”

“I’d like that,” Marcus replied with a contented sigh. “Anne would have liked it,” he added happily.

“You’ll bring my son; my grandbabies to see me?” Marcus asked hopefully.

“You know I will,” Buffy replied gently; she turned to smile at her husband and son.

“Well, Angel,” Marcus sighed, “I guess it’s up to you to take the reins of the Aurileous Family. When I meet the pointy end of a stake for see the sunlight for the last time that is,” the Godfather added wistfully.

“Oh, Dad,” Angel chuckled, “you’ll be around until ‘He’ himself decides to end the world. On ‘His’ own terms,” the dark-haired vampire finished sincerely.

“Maybe,” Marcus grunted. “Maybe not. However, I do want to go home to Transylvania,” he sighed deeply. “I miss Jenny and even batty Drusilla. We shall leave, immediately,” he ordered with a stern look at Angel, Wesley and Connor.

“But Dad,” Connor cried (nearly whined really). “This weekend is Dawn’s Junior Prom. I promised her I’d be her escort to the festivities. They're having the prom at Disneyland, Dad! I have to go!”


A/N: Well, the last third of this original chapter got cut off. Sigh…

Anyway, please read and review. The next chapter will tie up loose ends and give some insight to what happened to our fave characters.

Thanks again, spufette.
Epilogue: by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for sticking with this fiction of mine. I enjoyed writing it and I hope you all enjoyed reading it.
Epilogue:


A/N: Well, this is it. Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter. Thank you, spuf


In the end, Spike Aurileous; his wife and eternal mate, Buffy and their son, James went to England. They settled in the estate that Spike’s mother, Anne, had grown up in, when she was human.

Joyce soon followed after the couple, Dawn in tow and settled in London itself. She had insisted that Dawn and she make a life in the city; a young couple such as Spike and Buffy needed their privacy, Joyce always said. The Summers' matriarch politely overlooked the fact that her son-in-law was actually somewhere around two-hundred years old.

Dawn was enrolled in an excellent private school in London, while Joyce obtained a position at one of the umpteen art galleries the city provided. Rupert Giles showed up, about six months after Joyce and Dawn moved there. It was not long until Mr. Giles had asked Joyce to marry him to which she replied ‘why yes, of course.’

Wesley had eventually joined the ‘family’ back in Transylvania, even if he reluctantly had let Willow go from his unlife. Godfather Marcus had explained to the young witch that it would be painful for both Wesley and Willow if she chose not to be turned. Willow would grow old and die; leaving Wesley to pine away for an eternity.

Willow accepted the old vampire’s advice and stayed in Sunnydale when Wesley returned to the old country. She eventually met and married a kind if eccentric guitar player in a local band. His name was Daniel Osbourne, but he went by Oz and he seemed to worship Willow.

As it turned out, Oz was more eccentric then anyone could have suspected. He was part of an old werewolf pack; in fact, his whole family was. Who could have seen that one coming, eh? Anyway, Willow accepted this part of Oz, especially since the man assured his future wife that he had the life expectancy of a normal human.

Andrew returned to Transylvania, with the Aurileous and began to work diligently with the family. No one ever really knew exactly what became of Graham.

If the locals around Spike and Buffy’s new home had any questions or suspicions regarding the couple and their intriguing son? They did well to keep it to themselves. The peoples of the nearest village were not unused to mysterious happenings; their community was rich in lore of the supernatural.

When the newest Aurileous child came into the world, the old estate suddenly overflowed with various guests and visitors. Again, the locals simply accepted the odd strangers with friendly nods and sent letters of congratulations to the family; as any proper Brit would do.

Buffy, eternally lovely woman that she was, sent young James to school, as a good mum would do. Spike had bought her a Bentley convertible and she would roar up and down the country roads; scaring sheep and ducks alike who happened to waddle in her way.

Twice a month, on Friday night, Spike, Buffy, James and little Clarissa would drive into London to visit Giles, Joyce and Dawn. Nighttime was the only time Mr. William Aurileous was ever seen by the locals. They accepted the fact that the blond man was a writer of some kind of novels. Authors were known to be odd if not entirely eccentric; therefore, Aurileous’ unusual behavior was not even blinked at.

When Spike and Buffy had packed up their little family and moved to London, it nearly broke the Sunnydale gang’s hearts. Since Joyce, Giles and Dawn soon followed them to England, it had been a little easier for all of them.

Xander and Cordelia had finally married and had a child of their own. The Harris family would visit, off and on to England, but Buffy refused to return to Sunnydale, or California in general. She had finished with her life there and never intended on going back for any reason.


Dawn made sure to keep in contact with Connor, via E-Mail and the internet. Godfather Marcus was less then pleased with this newfangled human invention of the ‘Net’ but Connor pleaded with his father and the old ‘man’ relented.

Spike’s last novel went to the number one position on the ten best selling list. Buffy and he celebrated by conceiving another little Aurileous to add to their own growing clan.

The locals grew used to the eccentric Aurileous family and their unusually intriguing children. After all, local lore had it that the family who owned the mysterious estate; back in the 18th century, had been a bit ‘odd’ also.

Truthfully, the entire village nearby appreciated the bit of celebrity that having a famous author afforded them. Even if William Aurileous wrote books entitled ‘Vampires Among Us’ and such rot as that.

As for the old Aurileous Clan and their patriarch; Marcus? The prediction that the heir apparent, William, had made years before appeared to be valid.

“The old man is going to be around until ‘He’ decides to end this world. Da will unlive until the end of time…..”


The End


A/N: Thank you for reading this story. I’m sorry if the ending sounds a bit flat (it does to me) but I simply felt this was the best way to conclude it.

I’m having some RL issues that seem to be overwhelming me lately. I’ve been contemplating simply finishing up my WIP’s and letting it go at that. Yet…..I have some ideas (I feel are fairly fresh) and I am considering going ahead and starting some new fics.

I need to finish ‘Little Missy The Marker’ the epilogue. Then I want to continue and conclude ‘Redemption’ and I ‘do’ have the plot pretty well planned out to the end.

I really do thank all of you who read this fic and the others; all of the others that the authors try so hard to make enjoyable. Its wonderful for me to have this outlet and I cannot thank everyone who reads these enough…..

I sign off on this fiction; luv, spufette.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=9142