Author's Chapter Notes:
I just had this idea in my head and I decided to try and write it down. It’s yet another AU Fantasy story from me, I just love writing those. I find that they’re easier. None of the songs in this story belong to me, unfortunately. I’ll put what the song is at the end of the chapter. I sing, but I’m not so great when it comes to the writing of songs. Anyway, hope ya’ll like it. You know the drill; reviews are always of the good=)
Chapter 1

“Where is she? She was supposed to be here an hour ago.” An annoyed bleach blonde man said.

“Calm down, Spike. Faith is always late. You used to date her, so you should know what she’s like.” A dark haired man replied.

“I know, Xander. This is one of the reasons of why we broke up. She can never be on time for anything. We need to practice.” Spike stated and Xander agreed when they heard the front door open.

“Looks like she’s here now.” Their other friend, Oz said. He was short with orange hair. Spike looked at Faith when she walked in.

“It’s about bloody time. Where were you?” She rolled her eyes as she approached them.

“I was busy, not that it’s any of your business. I need to talk to you guys and you aren’t gonna like what I have to say.” They were all worried about that when Faith started to explain herself. They were then surprised when she finished.

“You’re quitting?” Spike asked and Faith nodded.

“Nothing against you guys or anything. You know I love the band, but I’m not sure singing is my thing anymore.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest and couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Why are you doing this now? You know we have a gig at the Bronze on Saturday.” Faith nodded.

“I know and I’m sorry. You have a week, I’m sure you can find another singer by then. I’m really sorry.” She said as she walked out of the apartment. Spike looked at the guys.

“So, what are we gonna do now?” He wondered.

“I guess we find another lead singer. Shouldn’t be too hard, right?” Xander replied and Spike ran his fingers through his hair. It would probably be a lot harder than he thought.


* * * * *


They put an ad out two days later and decided to have auditions at Spike’s apartment. They were surprised at the crowd of girls that showed up. The first girl walked in and smiled at the guys. She didn’t seem shy at all. “Oh my god! I am such a huge fan of you guys. I watch you play at the Bronze all the time. I gave up auditioning for American Idol to come here because you guys are way cuter.” She said with a huge smile and Spike smiled back at her. She seemed nice, but it was all about the talent.

“What’s your name, love?” He asked and her smile got bigger if that was even possible.

“Oh, right. My name’s Tiffany and I think I could be a great addition to your band.” Spike nodded.

“Show us what you got.” Tiffany nodded also and took a deep breath before she started to sing. She began singing “Wind Beneath My Wings” and the guys cringed. It wasn’t just the song; it was the way she sang it. She was out of key and her voice seemed to be going everywhere. They were all relieved when she stopped. She only smiled like she just gave the best performance ever. Spike tried to be nice as he smiled back.

“That was very interesting, pet. We have some more people to see and then we’ll let you know.” She nodded and gave them all one more smile before she walked out of the apartment. The next girls they saw were just as bad and they all figured it was hopeless when a Goth girl walked into the apartment. She reminded them a little of Faith with the black leather and long, dark hair. She didn’t smile when she stood in front of them. Xander gulped at the look on the girl’s face.

“So, um, what’s your name?” He asked and she looked at him.

“I don’t have one name. I change it almost every day. Right now you can call me, Bertha.” They nodded and she wasn’t finished. “I worship Satan and I don’t like men. Would that be a problem?” Xander gulped again.

“Next!” Spike yelled. An hour later and they still didn’t find who they were looking for. A cute, blonde girl then walked in and smiled at them. Spike sighed in relief when she seemed normal. “What’s your name?” He asked her.

“I’m Sarah; it’s really great to meet you guys. I love to sing and dance if that’s what you’re looking for.” Spike felt relieved until she spoke up again. “Oh, I also wanted to know if you do drug testing? If so I’m gonna need to know in advance, so I can be prepared.” She explained.

“We’ll call you.” Spike said and the smile dropped from the girl’s face.

“Don’t you wanna hear me sing first?” He shook his head.

“That’s really not necessary.” A little while later and they were out of girls, none of them being good enough. “Well, that was hopeless.” Spike stated as he sat on his couch.

“I don’t know, I like that last girl we saw.” Xander said and Spike rolled his eyes.

“You only liked her because she had a nice rack. You couldn’t take your eyes off of them.” He replied and Xander shrugged.

“I thought she was very talented.” Spike rolled his eyes again. They had three more days to find a new singer and it didn’t look good.