Now He Knows

Summary- Buffy’s Diary Tells all.

Rating- PG

Dear Diary,

I saw him again today. I can never tell if he’s getting better, one day he acts as if he’s fine, the next day, look out. He reminds me of Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde.

If only he would get out of that basement, it would be very beneficial. Not only to him, but to me.

I miss him. When I’d go see Spike almost every night I’d feel special. Knowing that someone loved me and wanted nothing else but to be with me.

Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever forgive him, then again, part of me already has. I’ll tell him that someday. I’ll tell him that deep down, a part of me does love him. Even before he got his soul. I was just ashamed to admit that, even to myself.

It would be so much more simple if he could just read this instead of my having to tell him. But I’ll do what I have to do when the time comes... Damn, Dawn’s yelling.

Yours,
Buffy

Spike didn’t know what led him to Buffy’s room tonight, nor did he know what made him read her diary, where she kept her innermost secrets. He didn’t regret reading it though. He now knew there was a chance with Buffy still, and if he had to he’d wait 10 years before she told him, he would. Hell, he’d wait forever for her.

He placed the small book back on it’s place on her desk and slipped out the window, stepping silently through the dark night.

EPILOGUE

As he got back to the basement and felt in his pockets, his cigarettes were gone. “Oh balls!” He yelled.

An hour later, Buffy entered her room, and glanced over to her desk, to find her diary closed; when she left it, it was open to today’s page. Next to it, she found a pack of cigarettes. A smile brushed over her face. “Now he knows.” She murmured. She left both her diary and the cigarettes lay on the desk, as she climbed into bed.

THE END

BACK