Buffy Summers parked her car outside Lawson Manor and slowly got out. She looked up at the large mansion and opened her eyes wide

"Woah!" She said. The mansion belonged to her boyfriend’s grandfather. He had inherited it just after he died two weeks ago. He had invited Buffy and her friends to live in it.

Buffy stepped inside the mansion and began to look around. There was dust everywhere she looked. It looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for years.

"This certainly looks like a fixer- upper." She said and walked up the large spiral staircase. There were eight bedrooms upstairs and she hoped to get here early to get the best one for her and her boyfriend.

Spike. The punk rocker type. He wanted to live in this mansion but Buffy couldn’t see why. The guy had peroxide blonde hair and a great body. He always wore black which freaked Buffy out a bit. Buffy liked Spike because he saw her for who she is and not as a dumb blonde who dropped out of high school. Buffy’s now twenty-one and Spike is the same.

A noise came which drew her away from her thoughts, it sounded like creaking floorboards. She then heard laughing.

"Hello?" she called as she carried on walking up the corridor. She turned into the smallest room and decided to look in there. It looked like a small child’s room. The bed was small and this room was the only room in the house that was painted a bright colour. She opened the closet and she got hit by a load of toys.

"Owww!" She picked a wooden spinning top up and inspected it.

"This is old." She said to herself. "Why didn’t Spike’s grandfather get rid of all of these?" Buffy shrugged and put the toy back. "I’ll clean this up later." Buffy began to wander back down the corridor again. She heard that noise again. It sounded like a child running and laughing along this very corridor. Just then Buffy saw a figure run into the master bedroom.

"Hello?" Buffy ran into the bedroom. There on the floor was a small boy playing with a doll’s house. It was as if Buffy could see right through him. He was dressed strangely as well, like he was about to attend a funeral. Like the old Victorian clothes.

"Hello little boy, what’s your name?"

"Are you my mommy?" The boy asked.

"No sweetheart. What’s your name?"

"I’ll only tell you if you help me find my mommy."

"I’m sorry I don’t know your mommy."

"Then leave me alone!" The boy shouted. He screamed and disappeared.

"Oh my God!" Buffy yelled and ran downstairs and out of the house.

………………………………………………………………………………………

"I’m telling you Buffy, that is weird." Xander said and burst out laughing. Buffy hit him and he immediately stopped.

"Maybe there is a ghost. Maybe, just maybe." Willow said.

"I’ll tell you what, we’ll go and have a look ourselves." Spike said and opened his car door for Buffy. Willow and Xander climbed into the back seat. Spike sped off and they were in the mansion within ten minutes. Spike immediately heard the laughing when he stepped inside.

"You heard that right, it’s not just me?" Buffy said.

"Yeah, we heard it." Xander said. Buffy nodded. The little boy appeared again and ran right through Buffy and stopped.

"Are you my mommy?" He said to Willow.

"No. I don’t know your mommy." Willow said.

"GET OUT!" The boy screamed and everyone went flying through the door they came in from.

"We just got beaten by a five year old." Xander said.

"He’s a child with unfinished business. He needs to find his mommy." Willow said.

"That’s easy, all we have to do is find his mommy and we’ll be on our way." Spike said.

"It’s not that simple. He’s dead and judging from the way he’s dressed he’s been for a long time so if he’s dead then so is his mom. His mom moved on but he didn’t. That’s why he’s still here." Willow explained.

"Well, we need to find out who he is and how he died and everything else so we should hit the books and I’ll search the net."

"Good idea Red." Spike said.

They all got in the car and drove off.
………………………………………………………………………………………

To Be Continued……

Feedback is appreciated