Author's Chapter Notes:
At last a new chapter (huzzah!) ...
**Sorry 'bout the wait, Guys. My new job is eating my life. I'll be updating once a week normally. Meanwhile - here's some fluff, some Spuff, a little light comedy and just a dash of angst. Mmmm, tasty! Enjoy :) **


Chapter Thirty One ~ Wicked Game

“World is on fire, no one can save me but you.
Strange word desire, makes foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I’d love somebody like you.
No I never dreamed that I’d lose somebody like you.
And I don’t wanna fall in love.
No, I don’t wanna fall in love – with you.
What a wicked game to play to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do to make me dream of you…”

~ Chris Isaac


They lay back panting and recovering as the afterglow set in. He pulled her from her spot at the foot of the bed and tucked her neatly beside him.

“ That was…” Buffy trailed off, unable to find the words.

“ …fucking amazing.” Spike finished grinning at her. “ I knew it’d be that way with you, Pet.”

She smiled shyly at him.

“ You did?”

“ Bloody right I did. Just didn’t know how amazing.”

She answered his giant grin with one of her own.

“ It was pretty 'how'.”

She turned towards him nestling herself into his side comfortably.

“ Yeah. An’ we didn’t even get to the main course yet.”

He kissed the top of her head and played idly with the silky strands of her hair.

“ We didn’t?”

“ Nah. That was just the hors d'oeuvres. WET the appetite – so to speak.”

He waggled a roguish eyebrow her way, making her giggle.

“ And the dessert?”

She asked coyly. He smirked leaning over her.

“ You are the dessert, Love. And I’ve got half a mind to get right to it…”

“ Really now?”

Her tone was a saucy challenge he accepted with a kiss.

“ Definitely.”

He went from ear to neck to thigh in a fluid string of kisses and licks. Before she could blink he was between her legs smiling in anticipation.

“ Dessert looks yummy, I must say.”

“ Really? You …like the way it looks?”

She was shy and hesitant; no one had ever really looked at her there before.

“ It’s beautiful, like every part of you.” He said sincerely then smiled. “ And tasty too.” And he bent his head to his work, grinning.

Somewhere upon her third multiple orgasm she grabbed him by his ears and dragged him up to her.

“ C’mere you.” She growled, kissing him ravenously.

She could taste herself on his lips and found she didn’t care. It was somehow erotic and blended in with the million other sensory experiences she was having at the moment. Buffy wrapped her legs around her lover and ground her wet delicious heat against him. Spike shuddered at the sensation of her slick sex sliding against his erection. He pinned her to the bed with his hips, maneuvering his body until his head was poised against her opening.

“ This what you want, Pet?”

“ God…” she gasped, more than ready. “Want you, Spike. Want you so much…”

The sound of his name, said in her voice so husky with desire, was almost more than he could take. He bent down to kiss her thoroughly, then raised himself up enough to grasp his cock to slide it home. Such a perfect moment, all he had ever wanted was happening right now. He had a second to thank whoever had arranged it before

Someone started knocking on his door.

Loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Balls!” He cursed angrily under his breath. “ Just ignore it, Love. They’ll go away.”

Buffy nodded, wide eyed - anticipating his next motion. Cock still in hand he moved to enter her again.

This time the knocking was a pounding that became a crash as the crypt door was kicked open.

“ Sweet bleeding CHRIST!” he roared, rolling off of his love. He grabbed for his pants tangled on the floor, furious at this interruption. “ Of all POSSIBLE fucking moments…” Whoever it was, was about to die a swift and bloody death. “ Stay here,Pet. I’ll be right back.”

She nodded and pulled the covers up around her demurely. He just hated to see her cover up. Spike looked at her longingly, holding back a whimper of frustration. Someone was REALLY going to pay for that. He pulled his t-shirt off the floor and made for the ladder. God, his shirt still smelled of her – it was intoxicating. His erection throbbed in response to her scent. He growled and reached for the first rung thinking;

*Blood. Death. Dismemberment.*

Just then from the upper level they heard;

“ Spike?”

He exchanged a look of wide-eyed fear with Buffy, along with a simultaneous thought:

*Faith.*

Somehow they’d both managed to completely forget she existed.

“ Shite!” He cursed quietly, crossing the room to her side. “ Get dressed. Hide in the tunnel. I’ll get rid of her…”

Buffy gathered her clothes with lightning speed as Spike rushed for the ladder.

“ Yo! Dead Boy.” Faith’s voice was closer.

They had time to share a single look of regret before Buffy made a dash for the tunnels.

“ I’m coming, Woman. Don’t get yer knickers in a twist.”

He entered the upper level nonchalantly, stretching as if having just awoken. Faith cocked an eyebrow at him.

“ And good mornin’ to you, Prince Charming.”

Spike sauntered over to the couch and sat down casually, digging in the pockets of his discarded coat for his cigarettes and lighter.

“ Whaddaya expect, Faith? Vampire remember?” he lit a smoke and sat back comfortably, taking a drag. “ It’s the middle of the bleedin’ night for me.”

“ Well you’d still be sleepin’ all comfy if you woulda come over last night.” She flopped down on the opposite end of the couch, looking pouty.

Shite. He’d completely forgotten. He was supposed to meet her after Dawn went to sleep.

“ Sorry, Babe. Took a nap, turned into sort of an all-nighter.” He covered coolly.

She smiled and scooted up next to him.

“ That’s okay, Baby…” she purred, “You can make it up to me.” She kissed his neck and slid a seductive hand up his thigh. “Right now.”

Spike had just enough time to appreciate the true horror of that idea. Him shaggin’ Faith after a marathon foreplay session with Buffy - all with Buffy hiding in the tunnels just close enough to hear the whole thing. Bloody hell. His formerly evil self would’ve appreciated it immensely.

He placed a hand on top of hers to stop her roving.

“ C’mon, Pet…”

He patted it in a conciliatory way and held it in his own.

“ What’s the big?” She asked leaning in to lick his neck in just the right way.

Damn but that girl knew all his buttons. He released her hand, big mistake he found out as it began wandering again.

“ Pet…” He warned.

“ I know you want to…” she bit his earlobe sharply, making him gasp. “ I can FEEL it.” And she grabbed the erection that rightfully belonged to Buffy firmly in her hand. He squeaked in a very unmanful way and pulled her hand away.

“ Sorry, Babe – just a bit knackered.” He covered lamely.

“ Still?” Faith raised her eyebrow at him.

“ Just a bit…probably from sleepin’ too much. I’ll be fine after a shower an a nice cuppa.”

“ You sure? Might wake ya up a little.” She smiled saucily at him.

“ Rain check?” he did his best to smile sincerely.

“ Alright but yer missin’ out.” She shrugged.

“ Don’t I know it.” He agreed, nodding just a little too vigorously.

“ Make it up to me later?” She shot him her sexiest smile.

“ 'Course I will.”

“ Guess I’ll leave ya to it then.” She rose and started for the door.

“ Thanks, Babe.” He smiled at her gratefully.

“ Sure. See you after sundown.”

“ Right.” And he closed the door behind her thankful for the reprieve.

Outside the crypt she paused, thinking.

Funny, but not once in there did he call her “Love”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike laid his head against the smooth oak of the door with a profound sigh of relief.

*Shite, that was close.*

His emotions were in a confused tangle at the moment – on the one hand he was over the moon about Buffy. She loved him, she’d said the ACTUAL words! And he was highly aroused by her sheer presence, not to mention the hours of delight they’d whiled away this very morning. He found he wanted her more than ever, in point of fact.

But then there were the insane complications that went along with this whole package. She could be wrenched away from him at any time by God knows what powers or magicks. Or she could actually choose to leave for Dawn’s sake, or her poor sick Mum’s - if anyone could ever figure out how to get her home that is. That thought sent a bolt of pain through his unbeating heart. He didn’t know how on earth he could possibly do without her now - he was so terribly,agonizingly in love with her.

Somehow, before - he’d managed to keep it in check. It was easier when he believed he could never, ever have her. It never went away, but it was manageable. But now that he’d had her in his arms – in his very bed – he couldn’t even begin to imagine how he’d ever let her go. And if all that weren’t enough to send a fella’s head spinnin’ – there was Faith.

He was experiencing a feeling he wasn’t at all accustomed to. It took him a bit to figure out what it was. Guilt. Spike actually felt guilty about something.

*Weird that.*

He didn’t want to hurt her. After all her only crime was not being Buffy. There was simply nothing to be done about it – she couldn’t help that she wasn’t "The One". And she couldn’t be held responsible for his inability to love anyone else. He'd simply have to break it off, as gently as he could. And all without letting her know that Buffy was involved in any way. He didn’t even want to think about what she'd do if she found out.

*Blood, death, dismemberment…*

But the upside of it all was that he would have Buffy then, free and clear.

*At least for a while...*

He pushed the thought away, frowning. Can’t think like that. Can’t let anything get in the way of this happiness. So it would be fleeting – wasn’t it always? Wasn’t that all the more reason to enjoy its full measure now? Spike was determined not to waste a moment of it.

*Speaking of which…*

Someone was waiting to share that happiness, and all the pleasures it entailed. He smiled happily and made for the lower level ladder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He found Buffy waiting just inside the tunnel entrance beside his bedroom, distressingly fully clothed.

*Well, we’ll just have to remedy that won’t we?*

He smiled lasciviously at her, mind full of all the things he planned on doing to her the rest of the day. It was her worried frown that shook him from his thoughts.

“ That was too close, Spike.”

He smiled at her slyly and wrapped his arms around her.

“ Yeah, but ya gotta admit the sneakin’ around bit’s exciting.”

She gave him an amused smile of her own.

“ Maybe…a little.”

He kissed her then and pulled her easily up into his arms. Her legs wrapped around his waist quite naturally, as if they had done this very thing a thousand times. How well they fit together was lost on neither of them. Without breaking their kiss Spike carried her back to his bed, right where she belonged. Wanting to make up for the time he’d lost this morning he quickly began undressing her.

“ Spike…Sweetie…Do you have important things to do today?”

She asked between kisses, concerned.

“ Yep.” He nodded vigorously. “ And they all involve you and this bed. And possibly the couch.” He kissed her. “The floor.” He kissed her again. “A crypt or two and the shower.” He kissed her a third time for good measure and smiled with great satisfaction.

“ Ooooo, a shower.” She paused and looked at him quizzically. “Wait. You have a shower?”

“ Yeah. How d’ya think I stay this good looking and well groomed? It takes work ya know.” He huffed indignantly.

“ I guess I never really thought about it. But a shower sounds nice.” She kissed him back and settled her half-clothed body comfortably against his. He grinned down at her and kissed the top of her head with affection.

“ Oh, it will be with you in it. I could while away a happy hour just soaping you up, Love.” He waggled his eyebrows at her suggestively “Wanna take one now?”

Buffy caught the look and wrinkled her nose at him in mock reproach.

“ Not if you’re just gonna make me all dirty again. I believe someone mentioned the floor? Although if you have a bathtub in there…”

His brain filled instantly with images of her naked, soapy body sliding through his hands and gliding against his as they frolicked in a large claw foot tub.

*My kingdom for a bathtub…*

“ No, damn it all. But I’ll take you to the nicest hotel in town this very minute and spend the rest of the day washing your hair and feeding you room service.”

“ Oooo, spoilage. Me likey.”

She sighed happily and snuggled against his chest.

“ Whatever my girl desires she shall have.”

He stroked the smooth silk of her hair lovingly.

“ You’re gonna ruin me for all other men you know.”

She said matter-of-factly, pulling back to look at him.

“ That’s the plan, Princess. That’s the plan.” He leaned down and kissed her deeply “Wait – WHAT other men?”

Buffy giggled at him and slid from his grasp.

“ Wouldn’t you like to know?”

She teased moving just out of his reach.

“ Oh, yer in for it now, Kitten.”

“ Am I?” She asked coquettishly.

“Bloody right you are.” And he lunged for her across the bed.

Buffy shrieked happily and ran in the other direction, but Spike caught her as she rounded the far corner of the mahogany footboard. Pulling her down to him with a growl he pinned her on the mattress and attacked her neck with nibbling kisses.

“ Let’s see who’s ticklish now, eh?”

And he proceeded to dig his fingers into her sides and belly until she broke down in a fit of hysterical giggles. As a final touch he finished unbuttoning her shirt and zerberted her belly button with unrestrained glee. Buffy laughed with delight at this silly, tender gesture and pulled him up to lie next to her. He snuggled in with a sigh of contentment and realized that he had never been so happy in all his existence. Ever.

In his mind’s eye endless days stretched out before them, all like this. Filled with laughing kisses, constant lovemaking and a happiness so acute it was almost painful. It made him want to cry…. Because it seemed to be almost within his reach. Almost. He had it now in the palm of his hand.

But for how long?


** Angst,angst,angst... It'll lighten up a bit (and get WAY smuttier) next chapter. I know, I know - I'm such a dirty girl. Blame my muse - he's terribly naughty, and I just can't seem to control him. Like right now he's all shirtless and pale and pretty...*drools* Gotta go - the muse calls :D
*snuggles of luv* Rosie xoxoxox**