** Here ya go, Kiddies - a nice, long, juicy chapter just for you. Sorry about the wait, but I actually had to do some research for this one. Special thanks to the Buffy Trivia Guide site for the names of the monks and knights. And Templar History.com for information on the Knights of Templar. Go forth and enjoy the fruits of my labor..**



Chapter Thirty Three ~ Bedroom Dancing

“ I said if you wanna do the tango then we’re gonna need a ballroom.
So she took me by the hand and led me to her bedroom.
And then she did it, stripped me half naked, and told me that her body was sacred.
She said I could take it, if I danced with her – but somehow I knew that she was an Indian giver.
I said what about tomorrow? She said what about tonight? She said trust me, Baby it’ll be alright.
And so we danced and danced and danced and danced all night…”

~ Day One



He opened his eyes to see her smiling at him sinisterly.

*Payback’s a bitch.*

He thought, with no small measure of amusement. He should’ve known she wasn’t gonna let him just GET AWAY with his earlier performance - Buffy never let anything go. She was definitely going to make him suffer. Many hours of potential torment awaited him. Spike wasn’t sure if he should laugh or cry - she might just kill him this time. Either his prick would explode or he would simply expire from sheer frustration.

She unbuttoned his jeans, leaving the zipper up and then casually licked the flesh she’d just exposed, carefully avoiding the half inch of cock sticking out of his waistband.

Yup. She was definitely going to kill him.

He’d already worked himself into an agonized state of arousal over the course of the morning. Between being interrupted earlier and the little S&M session he’d just had with her he was more than ready for release. Didn’t look like she had any intention of letting him have it though. Not any time soon anyway – too busy tormenting him with her tongue at the moment.

Buffy occupied herself with the flat plane of his stomach, taking her time with leisurely licks and nibbles. She stopped at his navel once more for a taste and then made her way to his hipbones. She licked each curve of muscle in the hollow that lead to his groin making him groan pitifully. She ignored him of course and kept right on with what she was doing, eventually making her way back to his chest. She settled on his left nipple, gently taking it in her mouth and sucking it.

Spike was wholly unprepared for the sharp bite that followed. He snarled in frustrated pleasure, eyes flashing yellow. One more like that and all his vows of waiting til SHE asked to be bitten would be bloody out the window. He gave her a low growl of warning and she grinned back at him mischievously.

“ What’s a matter, Big Bad? Can’t take it?”

“ Oh, you ARE playing with fire, Kitten.”

“ I told you, I like fire.”

She straddled him then, grinding against his erection with intent.

“ Fire pretty.”

And she kissed him slowly and deeply until his head was swimming and he was drowning in her once again.

Gently she parted from him to sit upright, straddling his hips – the sultry heat of her burning him through his jeans. With agonizing care she removed her shirt and tossed it and her dangling bra to the floor, leaving her smooth golden torso naked to his gaze. She was still wearing her jeans, though they were unbuttoned and partially unzipped - barely showing the top of her neatly trimmed chestnut curls. He found the effect incredibly devastating.

She lowered herself to him again, warm meeting cool, flesh to flesh. Her perfect breasts flush against his chest as she nuzzled his neck, licked his collar bone and nibbled his earlobe.

Surely he would die soon.

This torment couldn’t go on forever…

Buffy rose up to kiss him, sucking his lower lip into her mouth and finally biting it. He couldn’t suppress the small moan that escaped him, making her smile wickedly. With infinite slowness she slid down his body, dragging her hard nipples down his chest and stomach, scalding him with her body heat. When she got to his groin she paused and breathed with purpose over the solid bulge in his pants.

“ God, Buffy…yer killin’ me, Love.”

She just smirked at him and moved to unzip his jeans.

He was so hard right now that it hurt. Every nerve was alive and sensitized, eager for her slightest touch. When she finally unzipped him his cock sprang free with a small bounce, as if it resented being confined. Spike was practically shaking with pent up desire. She wouldn’t have to ask him to beg if she waited much longer…

Buffy settled herself comfortably between his legs, grinning with evil intent. A line from a favorite movie occurred to him then;

*I see you shiver with anticipation…*

When she clutched him in her hot little hand it was almost enough to make him come right there.

*Bloody Ponce.*

He held on by the barest thread, knowing her next move could be his undoing.

Resting casually on her elbows she played with him. Toyed with his cock like she didn’t have a care in the world - as if he weren’t about to shred the sheets in frustration. She’d give it a few strokes then stop and swirl her thumb over the head. Then she’d squeeze him firmly until he groaned and then move on to something else, never staying in one place too long.

Spike was quite certain he was in Hell.

As good as her attentions felt they did nothing to relieve the tension that had now grown to Vesuvian proportions inside him. His balls were going to detonate any minute now, he was sure of it.

When he felt her tongue on him at last he almost jumped out of his skin. Buffy gifted him with a series of torturous licks, circling the head and up and down the shaft. Using the lightest of strokes she tormented him with her little pink tongue until he thought he would go mad on the spot.

*Can’t take it…*

“Buffy, Baby…please…”

She smiled at him like the cat that ate the cream, pleased with herself. At the moment he couldn’t care less, just as long as she touched him…

Finally, finally she took his painfully throbbing erection into her mouth. He nearly lost it then, it took every ounce of self-control he possessed to keep himself in check. He tried picturing unsexy things. Chaos demons dripping with goo. Fyarl snot. The weeping sores of a Balrog. It wasn’t doing much good…

*Xander in a tutu.*

There, all better. If that didn’t distract him, nothing would. Best not to think about it too much though. If he went completely soft, Buffy might get the wrong idea. Though when she sucked him all the way to the back of her throat he figured there wasn’t much danger in that.
She pulled him out of her mouth slowly, skating her tongue along the underside the whole way. When she got to the head she scraped it purposefully with her teeth. The pleasure-pain of it did nothing to placate his demon, which had been screaming at him for the past hour.

But that wasn’t the worst thing. That wasn’t the thing that was driving him slowly out of his mind at the moment. Oh no.

It was the look on her face.

She looked sexy and disheveled and fully in charge of herself – not to mention him. She looked like there was nothing on earth she’d rather be doing than sucking his cock. Like it was the best thing she’d ever tasted and she would gladly spend all night between his legs. He knew exactly how she felt.

And it was killing him.

She loved him and she wanted him – as deeply and ravenously as he wanted her. The knowledge burned him almost as much as the feel of her hot, wet mouth devouring him. She didn’t have to break him, he was already her willing slave. And if she wanted him to beg, he would without pride or pain. He would give her anything and everything she wanted.

Because he just couldn’t help himself.

He had been hers body and soul from the moment he realized he was in love with her. It was simply his nature; to give all to the woman he loved. He didn’t know how to hold back or to half-ass it - Spike was an all-or-nothing kinda guy. And William would settle for nothing less than full devotion.

*Doomed from the start you were.*

He thought ruefully, reaching out to stroke the glossy crown of her head.
Still, he wouldn’t trade it for anything, not a moment. Even if it meant he might lose her someday soon. The little bit he’d experienced with her was the best he’d ever had. She was worth every moment of pain and suffering he might have to endure - she’d far surpassed his dreams already …

Buffy was as beautiful close up as she was from afar, she radiated light. She made him laugh, she made him weep – and she could kick his ass, or at least give him a good run for his money. And if all that weren’t enough she was wildly passionate in ways he never dared hope. She met him stroke for stroke

*No pun intended.*

Everywhere he wanted to go, everything he wanted to do – she was willing. This gorgeous, deadly girl was the most amazing sexual experience of his life. And they hadn’t even actually had sex yet. And God, if they ever got ‘round to it … he’d probably burst into flames.

*To be inside all that heat…*

He cut the thought off hastily. He couldn’t afford any naughty thinking right now.
It was difficult enough trying to distract himself from her feverish mouth…

She sucked him hard then, cheeks hollowing on the way up. All thought left his brain abruptly. Buffy locked eyes with him, hypnotic smoky jade holding his gaze while she worked him over. He was captivated. She added her hand, twisting slightly on the up stroke and he moaned helplessly, completely under her power now.

Spike was losing the battle for mastery over his body; she was simply too much for him. He couldn’t fight the deadly onslaught of her wicked mouth. All too soon he felt his climax building to the breaking point. Always the gentleman, he warned her between pants;

“ Can’t…hold back… much longer, Pet…”

He thought she might stop then, pull back or perhaps use only her hand, but there was no hesitance in her movements. If anything she became more vigorous, using her hand and mouth in perfect unison. He could no more resist their motion than the tides could resist the moon. Before he knew it he was sucked into the undertow and drowning with the force of the orgasm that broke over him.

Spike came with a primordial howl, his demon released at last – eyes glinting yellow, deadly fangs extended. Buffy shivered in reaction, inexplicably aroused by the display. It stirred something deep inside her she was barely aware of; her Slayer nature responding to the call of its true mate.

The demon that lay at the heart of her being rejoiced in finding her counterpart at last. All this time she had been waiting for him, discarding the worthless suitors that had tried to claim her. Their weakness and fear revolted her – but not this one. He had no fear; he would claim what was his. She tasted his rightness on her tongue, smelled it on his skin – and was most pleased.

Buffy finished him off with a swirling lick, thoroughly enjoying the taste of him. She never thought she would like that, but something about Spike… Every bit of him was just plain delectable.

He lay back in dazed contentment, hardly able to comprehend that the angelic beauty before him had just given him the blowjob of a lifetime. She kissed his belly affectionately and crawled up the bed to snuggle in beside him.

He sighed happily and pulled her close, feeling like the luckiest bloke in the world. And it was only the beginning – so much lay ahead of them. There were so many things he wanted to show her, to teach her. She’d never even been off continent! A whirlwind trip to Europe unfolded in his mind, Rome, London, Paris…he’d give her the world wrapped up in a neat little bow - a fitting gift for his princess. He was picturing moonlight strolls along the Seine and mad shags at the top of the Eiffel Tower when Buffy’s voice broke in on his planning;

“ Whatcha thinkin’ bout?”

He smiled at her adoringly and tucked a golden strand of hair behind her ear.

“ You.”

“ Again?” She teased.

“Always.”

And he rolled her to him for a sweet, lingering kiss.

Buffy’s cell phone chose this inopportune moment to go off on the night table.

“ Ignore it, Love.” He pulled her closer, molding her body to his.

“ Oh, I plan to.” She said, moving in to devour his succulent mouth.

The little phone stopped ringing as it transferred into her voice mail.

*Plenty of time to get that later.*

She thought busying herself with the sweet fullness of his lower lip.

*Spike flesh...Yum…*

Her phone began ringing again a moment later.

“Dammit!” she cursed, rolling sideways off his lap to check the caller ID, it was Willow. “This better be important.” She growled picking up the phone.

“ What’s up, Wil?”

“ I think we found something. Can you come to the shop?”

“ When?” She stared longingly at Spike who was laid out before her like a Calvin Klein ad; all sexy and shirtless with just the top button of his form-fitting jeans undone, showing off the commando state of affairs below.

“ Well, now actually. It’s important, Buffy.”

Buffy let out a small whimper of frustration.

“ Alright, alright. I’ll be there soon.”

“ Great. Bye.”

Buffy clicked her phone shut with an aggravated snap. She looked at him regretfully.

“Baby, I have to go.”

“ Damn. Scooby business? Somethin’ bout you?”

“ Yeah.” She said listlessly. “Willow said it was important.”

“ If it was for any other reason…”

“ I know.” She sighed, feeling annoyed. The last thing she wanted to do right now was leave him.

He snuggled up behind her and nuzzled her neck affectionately.

“ S’all right, Love. There’s always tonight. I could take you out…” He nibbled her ear, “ Or keep you in…”

Buffy nuzzled back, cuddling closer.

“ Mmmm. Quality Spike time. Sounds perfect.”

He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“ Lemme spoil you, Kitten. I’ll take care of you all night.”

She smiled brightly at the thought.

“ It’s a definite date.”

She kissed him sweetly then, loathe to leave the comfort of his arms. But if she waited much longer she wouldn’t go… She’d get sucked back into the velvet warmth of their bed and that’d be it for the rest of the day. Buffy disengaged herself gently.

“ Guess I’d better shower.” There was a marked lack of enthusiasm in her tone. “You gonna show me where the hose is?”

Spike looked deeply offended.

“ Hey now! I’m not an animal – it’s a proper shower.”

She tilted her head and looked at him skeptically.

“ Really? Cause I’m picturing something you MacGuyvered together with duct tape and a rain gutter.”

“ Underestimatin’ me as usual.” He snorted derisively, shaking his head. “ It just so happens I know a demon contractor who owed me a favor or three. Had a shower and sink installed, plus a few other necessities.”

“ Like a toilet?”

She asked, not relishing the thought of another precarious squat in the tunnel.

“ Like a towel rack and medicine cabinet. Don’t need a toilet.”

“ Oh. I just thought with Faith staying here maybe -”

He cut her off;

“ She never stayed here.”

Buffy looked doubtful.

“ No?”

“Not really, no.”

“ How come?”

Spike shrugged non-commitally.

“ Didn’t want her here. This is my space - my…place. Didn’t wanna share it with anyone.”

“ But you let me stay…”

She said, fishing a little. He faced her, resting his hands on her shoulders.

“ Cause you’re the exception, Pet – to every rule.” He smiled. “ Now about that shower…”

Spike took her hand in his and gave her the grand tour of the facilities, taking up exactly 5 minutes including the interludes for kissing.

“I could join you, ya know…help you with those hard to reach areas.”

He waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“ Spike...”

She warned, feeling her already jello-y resolve wavering.

“ Come on, Baby…”

He gave her an adorable pout, doing his best to be irresistible – not like it was a stretch. She shook her head at him, smiling.

“ But Buuufffy-”

She cut him off with a raise of her hand.

“ Nothing you’re about to say leads to me getting clean.”

“ True.” He grinned wickedly.

“ Don’t make this any harder…”

She pouted back at him.

“ Harder, eh?”

Buffy smacked his arm with a laugh.

“ Stop it, you big perv.”

He smiled genuinely at her, enjoying their easy rapport.

“ Alright, alright. I’ll stop. But can I at least watch? Always been a dream a mine to watch you shower…”

Spike sighed lustfully.

“ Only if you promise not to do anything pervy.”

He grinned triumphantly.

“ Done.”

Somehow she just didn’t believe him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy found Willow and Giles at the Magic Box an hour later. Willow looked ready to pop from excitement. She bounced eagerly in place grinning.

“ What is it, Wil? Better tell me before you explode.”

“ It’s just that we found something -”

Giles came forth with an open book in his hands, interrupting her. Willow shot him her ‘Glare of Death’. SHE wanted to be the one to tell…

“ In our research we discovered a passage in the Book of Tarnis about the monks you encountered.”

Buffy glanced down at the pages in front of her frowning.

“ The ones who made Dawn?”

“ Precisely.” He began flipping through the book. “ Their order was initially Franciscan but split into their own sect after the discovery of the Key - sometime in 1289. Once they realized how powerful, and potentially dangerous, it was they created a covert sect to protect it.”

Willow broke in;

“ Ooo, and those Renaissance Festival-type guys that’ve been chasing you?”

“ Yeah?”

“ They were originally part of the Knights of Templar.”

She said triumphantly, giddy with so much barely-contained knowledge.

“ Which means what?”

Buffy looked at her expectantly.

“ Nothin’. I just thought it was cool.”

Giles seemed to find the page he was looking for.

“ Yes, the son of the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Etienne de Molay began the sect after his father was burned at the stake for heresy in 1314.” He scanned the pages in front of him, reciting information. “ King Philip of France began persecuting the knights in 1307… He wanted their vast wealth to fight a war with Edward I, it’s purported he was also threatened by their power and immunity within the Church.” He stabbed a finger into the book. “ Here it is - Jacque de Molay was wrongfully executed by Pope Clement and his son vowed to continue his father’s work. That’s when the Knights of Byzantium were founded.”

Buffy was unmoved by this show of intellectual prowess.

“ Fascinating. And this has to do with me how?”

“ Er - yes. I do apologize. Ahem. We discovered some information regarding the Order of Dagon – the monks you met up with. It seems one of their most recent members – Brother Ibrahim, kept a journal. An account of all that has transpired in the order over the past 25 years, including the spell that transformed the Key into, well … Dawn. The council only recently acquired it, after Brother Ibrahim died at the hands of Glory and her minions several months ago.”

*Finally! Something I can work with.*

Buffy jumped into pro-active mode.

“ So how do we get our hands on this thing?”

Willow grinned at her.

“ We already have, Buffy. Giles has the hook-up.”

Giles raised his eyebrows at that.

“ Indeed. I had to call in a rather large favor from an old associate still connected to the Council – but we did obtain it. Not entirely legally…”

Buffy put a hand to her chest in mock dismay.

“ Giles! You did something naughty? And possibly illegal?”

He looked nonplussed.

“ Well, ah…yes, actually.”

She patted his arm affectionately.

“ I’m so proud.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For what had to be the tenth time that week Buffy found herself settled at the research table, a pile of large and rather musty old books in front of her. If she spent any more time here she’d have to start paying rent – Anya would insist on it.

Giles and Willow had spent the last fifteen minutes catching her up on the history of the Knights of Byzantium, Glory and the Order of Dagon. Her head was swimming with so much new information. It wasn’t getting her home again – although at this point she didn’t know if that was really what she wanted. She was so happy with Spike right now, and he was happy with her. It’d been forever since she felt this good…

But then again what if Dawn needed her? Or her Mom? She sighed in frustration. Why did things have to be so complicated? At least she was relieved from having to make any decisions at the moment - no one had a clue how to send her home yet.

*Maybe they never would…*

Willow was vying for her attention, so she pushed the bad thoughts away and focused.

“ There’s something else, Buffy.”

Giles added;

“ Yes, we’ve uncovered quite a significant detail – and it pertains directly to you.”

She and Giles exchanged an inscrutable look and then Willow sat down next to her, studying her closely.

“ Buffy – the monk’s intention was for the key to be as protected as possible. They called on the essence of the Slayer to create her human form, so she would be physically bound to her guardian.”

Buffy nodded and said carefully;

“ Yeeaah. Hence with the sisterly thing.”

Willow continued;

“ Yes, but when they did it they tapped into every Slayer that was active at that time.”

Buffy was confused.

“ What?”

*But that means…*

“ They created Dawn from Faith – because she was the Slayer on duty at the time. But Buffy, you were in self-induced retirement – no one ‘deactivated’ you.”

Giles interrupted;

“ If that’s even possible to do. As far as we know death is the only thing that…” He cleared his throat. “Well, you see what I mean.” After tactfully cleaning his glasses Giles continued;
“She is made from your essence, from both of you. In this reality she is tied to you and to Faith.”

Buffy’s mouth hung open in shock.

“It was always intended for the two of you to be her protectors.”

Willow took over for Giles;

“ They just didn’t get to finish the spell because of Glory’s interruption. So Buffy here never received her piece of the fabricated memories.”

Giles continued;

“ Nor did anyone else, so Dawn has been Faith’s sister alone. If it weren’t for your sudden appearance, none of us would be the wiser.”

Willow smiled at her gently.

“But really Dawn is sister to both of you.



** OMG! Can you believe I did it to you AGAIN? Yet another evil cliffie - and a whole new twist in the plot. Blame the plot bunnies - they haunt me and make me do bad things. I told ya there was a reason she was still in the AU...and this is just the beginning...Mwahahahahahaha ;p

Let me also give much praise and thanks for the brand spankin' new nominations I recieved this past week;

"Best General We Missed the Bed Again Award" at the Spuffy Awards:

http://www.flesh-for-fantasy.com/SpuffyAwards/index2.php?x=vote.html

Best WIP, Most Humorous, Best Written (!) and Best Author (!!) at the Lost in Spike Awards:

http://www.bringonthebloodshed.com/lsa/form.htm

And finally:

Best WIP,Best Comedy and Best Romance (nice) at the Love's Last Glimpse awards:

http://www.loveslastglimpse.com/awards/index.html

I'm overwhelmed - I hardly know what to say. Thank you for all the love, Guys. You rock me. *heartfelt snuggles of love* Rosie xoxoxox**