*** No WAY! Can it be? Is it really?? Yes, My Babies, it is indeed; new fic from Rosie - woohoo! I got some smut & some sinister plot twistiness hot off the presses for ya - enjoy!***


Chapter Forty One ~ Monster Side


“I am young but a fool.
I am stupid but I'm cool.
I am kind but I'm weak.
I can turn the other cheek.
All I wanted was to find a friend…

I just can't hide my monster side.
I can't control the loss I feel,
The loss I feel.

If I had another chance
I would peacefully advance.
But as I'm fated to be here,
resigned and ridden by my fear.
I should love my self, but my vanity
loves someone else.

I just can't hide my monster side.
I can't control the loss I feel,
The loss I feel.”

~ Addict


Riley did his best to staunch his gushing side with the packet of gauze he brought with him. It would only last so long, his pants were half-soaked with dripping scarlet and he could feel the dizziness setting in from the blood loss.

“Sure you want it, Boy?” The beast laughed at him from its retreat in the shadows. “It hurts when it comes.”

“I know.” Riley ground out, frustrated, ready to be done with it.

“Are you so devoted to your blood letting then?” The mocking voice inquired.

He set his jaw stubbornly and didn’t answer.

“Ah, yes. I can see that you are.” It uttered a rich chuckle, molasses over gravel. “Come to me then, Child -” The beast stepped from the shadows towards him “and have your reckoning.”

Riley approached it reluctantly, repulsed by the flaking scales and milky eyes that regarded him coolly. Once in reach the demon dipped a taloned thumb to the severed chunk of flesh and brought it to the boy’s forehead, cheeks and chin.

He had been anointed with his own blood.

It left him feeling strangely shamed. The monster circled him counter-clockwise and began chanting then, heavy robes stirring up dust from the cave floor;

“Ustione!
Ustione con il fuoco di anima!
mangiatori dell'anima!
brucilo con il vostro blessing scuro.
riempialo di vostra magia vile!
In nome dei di scuri prego.”

Its clawed hand touched his chest as it gave a final, guttural cry;

“Sia illuminato!”

Riley was lifted from the ground, pulled by invisible forces that threatened to snuff him out like a candle. The pain was immense, more than he could’ve anticipated. Fire filled him, blinded him, seared his brain until he was devoured. He could not even scream for the agony overflowing his senses. He clung to one thought, one idea – it was the only thing keeping him conscious.

Spike’s death at his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well that’s a nice change.” Buffy appeared in a towel, combing her freshly washed hair. Spike looked up from the book he’d been reading.

“What’s that, Love?”

He set down his copy of Cervantes carefully, all the better to enjoy the view.

“I actually get a shower and change of clothes today.”

He chuckled, and rose from the bed to wrap his arms around her waist.

“Coulda been nicer.” He nuzzled her ear.

“Yeah?” She turned toward him, lacing her fingers behind his neck.

“You coulda let me help you with all those hard to reach bits.” He waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“I would have but it would mean another hour in there…” She trailed off as he began kissing her shoulder.

“Mmmmm…maybe two.” He nibbled a delicate earlobe.

“Don’t you start with me again, Mister.” She wagged a finger at him, scolding. “You know we have to go soon and…oh!”

He smiled with sinister intent and pushed her back onto the bed.

*Too late.*

“Sorry, Love. Can’t resist the lure of a freshly scrubbed Slayer. You’re all sweet an’ pure an’ soapy clean.” He leaned in pressing tongue to front teeth in that look that made her cream. “Makes my demon wanna get you all dirty again.”

God that was hot. The things he said drove her crazy. She was wet already from the promise of that filthy mouth.

“You wanna make me dirty?” She leaned back sensually, displaying her long, tan legs.

“Yeah.”

“Come here and do it then.”

He pounced.

Spike couldn’t resist one more go with her. The feeling of time slipping away from him was almost palpable and he wanted to make the most of what he had. He knew there were troubles ahead, a sweet morning would bless the day for both of them. And what was another half hour in the grand scheme of things? Not time for a proper shag but long enough for a little more fun…

He whipped open her towel with a satisfied grunt. Her golden skin was still damp from the shower and he bent to lick a stray droplet of water from her neck, tracing it down over her collar bone and between her breasts. He seized upon a dusky pink nipple, popping it into his mouth. He sucked and licked at it greedily before attending to its mate and then moved to kiss her, pulling her roughly towards him. Her body smashed against his, moisture from her skin seeping into his clothes, the black turning blacker as it got wet. The front of his shirt gained a damp, Buffy-shaped imprint.

He pressed her back into the bed with a predatory growl and she wrapped her legs around him. They kissed hungrily and Spike couldn’t resist the urge to grind himself into the warmth of her inviting center. She whimpered at the contact, rough denim creating a delicious sensation of friction. Her hands tugged at the hem of his t-shirt pushing it up and over his head as she nipped at his chest. He helped her along pulling his arms out of the sleeves and tossing his shirt aside, gasping when he felt her close in on his own nipple. She took her time with each one, enjoying his reaction.

“Love your hot little mouth on me.” He rasped.

She took her teeth to him then, knowing it would make him wild. She nipped playfully at both nipples, his stomach, his hip bones and then rose up again to taste his neck.

“Tease.” He taunted.

“Hardly.” And she scraped her teeth over his sensitive neck, dipping in to lick his collar bone and bite his shoulder.

“Watch that, Love…” He warned with a growl. “You’re gonna get yourself in over your pretty little head.”

“Am I?” She asked innocently. “How’s that?” She nipped at him again, harder this time.

He stifled a snarl.

“ You’ll be bringing out my demon in a moment, then what will you do?” It was only half a challenge, part of him really wanted to know. Would she be shocked? Aroused? Would she reject that side of him?

She put herself face to face with him as they kneeled on the mattress.

“Bring him on.” And she deliberately bit his neck, scraping her teeth along it and using her tongue to tease him. A second later she found herself flat on her back, a very aroused Spike on top of her in full game face.

“This what you wanted, Little Girl?”

She raised her hand and ran it up and over his prominent brow ridges and cheekbones, caressing his demon visage gently.

“Beautiful.” She said and pulled him down to her for a kiss.

They had never kissed like this before – it was different, wilder. She enjoyed the feel of his textured tongue sliding against hers. She ran the tip of her tongue carefully over each extended canine and felt him shudder.

“You like that, don’t you?”

“Like everything you do, Buffy, everything…”

“Show me more. I want to see all of you.”

He rose from the bed to toe off his boots and shuck his jeans. She gasped when his erection was revealed.

“This changes too?” She kneeled before him, marveling. It was an altogether new thing – hard as steel, longer and thicker than anything she’d ever seen. The head was full and crimson with blood and the veins stood out in prominent ridges all down the shaft. She touched it wonderingly and he gasped when her hot fingers encircled him. She caressed it lightly over the head and then down around the sides, the veins gave it a feeling of texture. She wondered what those hard ridges might feel like inside her, the thought gave her a hot flush of excitement down to her toes.

“Do you like it this way?” He held himself still, his face unreadable as he waited for her to deny him.

Her answer was to engulf him in her mouth. Greedily she sucked in all she could, lavishing him with licks and strokes until he was glistening.

“God, Love, what you do to me…” His voice was a rough whisper.

He’d never had her this way before, it was overwhelming. Every sensation was intensified. He could smell the soapy perfume of her clean skin and floral shampoo all mixed with the sweet tang of arousal. Her hands burned him but her mouth was hotter still, slick and sweltering as she worked him over. He thought idly of napalm. Spike fancied he might die now, burned up by her heat, turning to ash from the cock up.

He threaded his hands through her hair gently, mindful of his claws – the silky strands a spidery caress against his skin. She sucked him hard into her mouth then and his eyes rolled back into his head as he groaned. She was all too much for him - he felt the urgency of his orgasm barreling down.

“Gonna come, Buffy.” He panted. “Gonna come if you don’t stop.”

“Want you to.” She whispered huskily between licks. “Wanna taste you like this.”

*Oh Fuck.*

She really was trying to kill him.

He tried to calm down, hold back a little longer. He wanted to enjoy this moment. But when she spoke again it was his undoing.

“Promise me, Spike…”

“Anything.” How could he deny her now?

“Promise me you’ll fuck me like this. I want to feel your demon inside me.”

He roared as he came, unable to control it. He had hoped for her acceptance – but her desire? That she might want him in his darkest form was beyond him. He spilled himself into her mouth with an agonized cry. Buffy swallowed every drop and then leisurely licked him clean.

His legs were trembling now, he couldn’t stand anymore. Spike sat down heavily beside her and regarded her with new eyes. She never stopped surprising him.

“What? Was it not good?” She couldn’t read him in vamp face.

“God, Love – It was…incredible. Never felt anything like it.”

“Really? Why were you looking at me funny then?”

“ I just can’t believe that you…that you would want me. Like that.”

“Why wouldn’t I? It’s part of you and I love you.” She put her hand over his heart and touched his face. “All of you.”

He thought he might burst into tears.

*Ponce.*

But he swallowed hard instead.

“I guess you have experience with that sort of thing…”

“Not really. Angel never let me see that part of him. He kept it away from me, like he was ashamed of it.” She turned toward him. “I don’t want you to be ashamed, Spike. I know what you are - you’re a good man at heart. And you’re a fighter, and the Big Bad too. And I love you for it.”

He couldn’t find words to reply to such a declaration. He simply wasn’t prepared. He studied his hands instead. Seeing his claws he realized he was still in game face and shook it off.

Buffy watched the play of emotions across his face silently, a question forming in her mind. She had to ask…

“Do you want to kill people still?”

He grinned wickedly.

“ Does Finn count? What about the whelp?”

She smacked him, grinning herself.

“Alright, alright – no need for violence. I’ll answer.” He sighed. “Honestly?”

“Yes please.”

He shrugged uncomfortably.

“Sometimes. When someone pisses me off or gets in m’ way. It feels more expedient to separate the head from their body than reason with them.”

“Ew.” Buffy grimaced at the visual.

“You did ask for honesty, Pet.”

“I did.”

She studied him seriously.

“Do you still want to eat them? The little Happy Meals with legs?”

“You’re the only treat I want to eat, Baby.” He smirked.

“Spiiike.” Her tone held a warning.

“ Fine.” He rolled his eyes, not having any fun. “I still crave the blood. Can’t help it. But bagging it doesn’t bother me any.” His grin turned wicked once more. “Though if you wanted to treat me to some fresh from the source I wouldn’t say no.”

Buffy’s eyes grew wide.

“You want to bite me?” She asked in a little girl voice.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t thought about it.” He sidled up close.

She was all too aware of his naked proximity to her own.

“Maybe.”

“Dreamed about it?” His voice a hot whisper in her ear.

She swallowed.

“Maybe…”

“Where? Here?” He tasted her neck and scraped it with his blunt human teeth. “Or here?” He ghosted along her inner thigh with his fingers eliciting a small hum of pleasure.

“Still haven’t attended to yet, have I, Pet? Can’t leave my girl wanting.”
His questing fingers slid to the apex of her thighs. He caressed her with the lightest of touches, first outside then in. Buffy caught her breath.

“Wet for me already - aren’t you, Sweet Kitty?” His voice rumbled into her ear.

“Been wet.” She rasped.

“Yeah?” He chuckled. “Since when?”

“Since you showed me your cock.”

And she pulled him down to kiss him ravenously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He didn’t remember passing out or even waking up… Suddenly he simply was. Riley felt his existence as a wholly new thing. What was this creature he had become? He realized with a shock that he felt entirely well. He lifted his shirt to check the wound to find it gone - replaced by an ugly, jagged scar, but fully healed none the less. His whole body felt different. He was harder, stronger, filled with light. He flexed his wrists and spread his hands, marveling as little green crackles of energy sparked between his finger tips.

“How long will it last?” He watched with fascination as lightening danced over his palm.

“Long enough, hmmmm.” The Beast replied comfortably.

“ Months would hardly be long enough.” He spat, imagining the myriad tortures to be inflicted upon his enemy.

“ Not that long, Boy.” It chuckled. “ Not that it matters… you’ll be back swift ‘fore it has a chance to wear itself away.”

“No.” Riley shook his head. “This was a one time deal. I have a purpose - It’s not about the power.”

“So you say.” It regarded him thoughtfully, a small smile of amusement playing on scaly lips. “You’ve had your taste now, Child - only a matter of time till you’ll be wanting another.”

“You’re wrong, Demon.” He ground out. “I’ll never come to this place again.”

The old monster only cackled at him as it melted back into the shadows.

“ Mind me now, Boy – next time I’ll be wanting a finger.”

Riley stalked sullenly from the cave, its mocking laughter following him out into the starlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had already scouted out Restfield and Shady Glen – the thought being that Faith could easily take shelter in an abandoned crypt, playing keep away with Dawn through every cemetery in Sunnydale. The task would have seemed impossible if not for Spike’s finely tuned vampire senses. He could quickly pick out a scent and tell if Dawn or Faith had been there anytime within the last week. A quick shortcut through the UC Sunnydale campus and they could hit Holy Cross, Rose Hills and Sunnydale Memorial Gardens.

*Two down, and only a gajillion more to go…*

She sighed. The only thing that made this at all bearable was Spike. Even under the worst circumstances he could make her laugh, and she loved learning more about him. She had no idea he was such a good story teller, from dirty jokes to absurd yarns about his past he had her spellbound. Buffy found herself almost hoping the night would drag on further…

Cutting across the university grounds they held hands, fingers twined together like the sweethearts they were. Buffy sighed again but with contentment this time, resting her head on Spike’s shoulder. She had the best feeling right now, as if everything was going to work out alright. They would find Dawn and deal with Faith – and anything else that came up. As long as they were together all was well with the world. She smiled blissfully.

*Together.*

Amazing how that one word could make her so happy. Spike stopped abruptly and let out a low growl of warning, his body suddenly taut as a bow string. Her head shot up and she switched automatically into a fighting stance, alert for imminent danger. She spotted a hulking form coming up the cement path by the dorms, her body relaxed and she dropped her head with a small shake.

“Damn.”

The very last person in the world she wanted to see was walking across the grass right toward them. It was like he had a talent for it or something, she tried to avoid him but he seemed to magically appear wherever she was. As she got closer she noticed something was different about him; he looked ragged and unkempt - a far cry from the immaculate picture he usually presented. And there was something else, she couldn’t quite put her finger on it but he seemed… odd somehow.

“Riley?”

“Buffy.” His voice was placid. He closed the distance between them at a comfortable saunter.

She gaped at the red stain that spread from waist to thigh down his side.

“Oh my god – you’re bleeding!”

He rejoiced inwardly, her concern reinforcing his sense of rightness. Once this was done, she would be his again. He knew it.

*Knew you still loved me.*

“I’m okay. I’m better now - better than you could imagine.”

“Okay…” There was definitely something weird with him. “What happened?”

“Just a small altercation with a demon. Nothing I couldn’t handle.”

It wasn’t a lie, not really.

“Are you alright? You haven’t had to fight in awhile...”

“Just fine. Nothing my Initiative training couldn’t handle.” He smiled genially.

“I see…” she didn’t quite believe him, but was willing to let it lie. He wasn’t her problem anymore.

*Thank God.*

“Listen, Buffy – I was looking for you actually.”

“Really?” she asked warily “Why?” The last thing she wanted was another confrontation with him.

“I wanted to get the ring from you.” Riley winced internally; he knew she was going to need her engagement ring… after. But it was as good an excuse as any to part her from Spike. Once she was clear he could finally finish this. He put on his best aw-shucks Midwestern accent; “I wouldn’t ask…but you did offer, and if you don’t want it…”

Buffy relaxed immediately, all he wanted was the ring. No problem, she could get that for him and call it done. The last link between them severed for good.

“Of course you should have it.” She replied generously. “It’s just up in my room; I can get it right now if you want.”

“Fine.” He smiled pleasantly. “I’ll wait.’

Spike’s eyes never left Finn for a moment. Something was off here, he could smell it. He just didn’t know what yet.

“Think I’ll wait too, Pet. Finn an’ I can catch up on old times.”

Buffy shot him her best glare and mouthed “Behave Yourself” once she was out of Riley’s eye line.

“Alright. I’ll be RIGHT back.” And she hurried off towards Stevenson Hall.

Spike turned back toward the boy, shoving his hands into the pockets of his duster.

“So whatcha been up to, Soldier Boy?”

Riley snorted.

“Like you care.”

He shrugged casually.

“Only in as much as it affects Buffy.”

“So you admit it then.” He sneered. “I thought you’d lie a little longer.”

Spike smirked at him nastily.

“Come now, Finn. We are men of action – lies do not become us.”

“How long?” He ground out through clenched teeth.

“Depends.” Spike’s casual manner mocked him.

“Depends on what?”

“Your point of view.” He circled around the boy. “You could say just a matter of days or…”

“Or?” Riley demanded.

“Always.

Before you met her or kissed her or even knew her name. You could say…” he leaned in intimately “She was always mine.”

Riley launched himself at Spike with an angry roar, which he sneered at and easily ducked.

*Git.*

What he was not at all prepared for was Finn’s preternatural howl of rage accompanied by crackling neon lightning. When he turned to Riley again the boy was standing in a maelstrom of eerie emerald fire. His eyes were wholly black and fathomless, while veins of poisoned green stood out from his forehead and temples.

*Oh Fuck.*

Finn went and made himself a mage.








*** I know, I know - another cliff hanger. But no 6 months of dangling this time, I swear! I have 3 new chapters in process as we speak. Look for a new one in a few weeks. Stay tuned, True Believers ;) xoxox Rosie****