[Reviews - 243] LikedPrinter
Summary: Rewritten – Spike Giles has everything he ever wanted- a beautiful girlfriend, a successful career- living the dream of every man. When his girlfriend discovers something that he’s done to destroy their relationship, Spike has to try and win back her trust. But in the harsh light of day, both have to make a decision that will effect the rest of their lives. Is love enough to save a relationship?
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes
Word count: 42270 Read: 48174
Published: 06/19/2005 Updated: 07/24/2005

1. Prologue by Ashlee [Reviews - 17] Liked (2502 words)
I was never entirely happy with this story, so I rewrote it, added more detailing, more chapters, etc. There is still a huge WARNING – Spike does cheat on Buffy. It’s mentioned in the prologue, the same way it was in the original. This is your only warning, so please don’t review complaining about it, because it won’t change. This story is about innocence and redemption and I know it’s hard to read (because it was hard to write) but I felt – and still feel – that it’s a story that needed to be told.

2. Maybe Never... by Ashlee [Reviews - 10] Liked (1084 words)
A few people are wondering, so: the reason that I’m not posting this story in its entirety (or any story in its entirety) is because I rewrite/add to every chapter before I post it. There have been many times in the past when I’ve realized that I’ve forgotten something, and gotten a review reminding me. As far as this story, I’ve gotten so many e-mails from people who enjoyed it, but didn’t feel that Spike had sufficiently paid for what he did. I wanted to do what I could to fix the problems and make it the story that it should have been in the first place. And even though I used to ask for reviews, I don’t anymore. They are very appreciated, but they aren’t the reason I write- I write because I love it and if people like my stories, then that’s enough to get me to post. For future reference, I feel that Once in a Lifetime Love and Secrets of the Heart warrant rewrites and plot extensions as well, so I’ll be reposting those in several months (possibly closer to the holidays). I’m not the only author who waits until a story is completed before posting the first chapter (there are a lot out there) and they all have different reasons- these are mine. Agree or disagree, that's fine, this is just the way I write.

3. Are You Okay? by Ashlee [Reviews - 9] Liked (2590 words)

4. A Sense of Normalcy by Ashlee [Reviews - 9] Liked (1711 words)
So sorry about the lack in updates- a bunch of real life problems, I haven't even been on this site this week, but I'm slowly getting back in the swing of things :-)

5. Fighting Chances by Ashlee [Reviews - 8] Liked (2788 words)
It was just pointed out to me that the chapter number was wrong- this chapter (which I posted an hour ago) was chapter 4, but I forgot chapter 3- I've straightened it out now, so please go read the previous chapter before this one :-) Sorry for the problem!

6. Once Upon a Time by Ashlee [Reviews - 8] Liked (2461 words)

7. High Hopes by Ashlee [Reviews - 7] Liked (1224 words)

8. Bed of Roses...and Thorns by Ashlee [Reviews - 11] Liked (1782 words)
I'm going to try and do a lot of updates on this one (depending on how much rewriting/real life stuff I have to do). Hope you're still liking it :-)

9. What's Worth Saving by Ashlee [Reviews - 11] Liked (1218 words)

10. Can We Talk? by Ashlee [Reviews - 11] Liked (1493 words)

11. Wavering Resolve by Ashlee [Reviews - 14] Liked (1617 words)

12. For Always by Ashlee [Reviews - 15] Liked (1978 words)

13. Being There by Ashlee [Reviews - 9] Liked (2219 words)
A/N Because of rewriting this chapter so late at night, a huge thank you has to go out to pj who took the place of Allison (since she was asleep at the time) for being my idea guru :-) She pointed me in the right direction with this chapter and the very last line of the chapter was written by her. Alli deserves the thanks for putting up with me for the rest of the story- thank you so much- both of you!

14. Movie Night by Ashlee [Reviews - 18] Liked (1800 words)
I wanted to update this a little earlier, but I've been gone all day and didn't have time to look through it at the time. Hope you like it :-)

15. Missing You by Ashlee [Reviews - 10] Liked (1441 words)

16. Long Night by Ashlee [Reviews - 11] Liked (1479 words)

17. Dare to Dream by Ashlee [Reviews - 13] Liked (1371 words)

18. New Beginnings by Ashlee [Reviews - 10] Liked (3227 words)

19. Waiting... by Ashlee [Reviews - 9] Liked (1781 words)
Because the majority of the rest of the story doesn't change (except for my writing style), I'm going to try and update the rest of the chapters very soon. This is a busy weekend for me, but I'll do my best ;-)

20. When Tragedy Strikes by Ashlee [Reviews - 10] Liked (2623 words)

21. Raw Emotion / Surprising Surprises by Ashlee [Reviews - 9] Liked (3128 words)
Because of the minimal changes, I'm trying to get this one updated fairly quickly. So here are two more chapters for you :-)

22. Epilogue by Ashlee [Reviews - 14] Liked (753 words)
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported the rewriting of this fic! I still have plans to rewrite and extend Once in a Lifetime Love and Secrets of the Heart but I have a feeling it will be several months before I'm able to get to those :-) I nearly doubled the size of this fic, so I hope you liked the revised version!