Surprise, Again

Set during season two after Surprise and Innocence.
Spike kidnaps Buffy



Chapter One

Buffy Summers stalked through the grave yard silently. She was intent on catching her prey before it awoke from its burial plot. Her eyes roamed around the area surrounding her, putting her spider senses on to scan the graveyard for any potential supernatural baddies.

Her ears perked up when she heard a noise behind her. Turning around quickly while putting her fists up she prepared to attack. Except she saw nothing, nothing moving or nothing making a sound. She felt like she was standing right in the middle of the calm before the storm. She backed up slowly ready to fight whatever entity that had decided to mess with her, when she felt strong hands grab onto her shoulders.

Buffy was about to attack again when she felt something dull slam into the back of her head. Her mind surrendered to unconsciousness as her body fell to the ground


*+*+*+*+*+


The first thing Buffy felt coming out of the darkness was a hammering ache in her head. She vaguely remembered getting hit. She went to rub her eyes when she realized she couldn't. Opening them she found herself laying on a bed covered in blood red satin linens. Her hands had been chained to headboard, but her feet were free. Candles lit the room in a ghastly glow that fluttered off the walls insanely like a moth. No windows offered escape. She realized she must be in a basement. *But where?* She thought to herself. She struggled with the restraints holding her captive and wondered why she wasn't dead yet.


*+*+*+*+*+


Spike directed his wheelchair to the doorway of the mansion when he felt an arm on his shoulder.

"Going somewhere 'sit & spin'?" Angelus asked Spike with a wicked gleam in his eye. He knew exactly what it took to upset Drusilla's childe.

Spike turned around in his wheelchair and glared at him. "Yes. I am." He said shortly.

"Where to?" Angelus asked "There's not many places in Sunnydale with HANDICAP accesabiltiy." He said while drawing out the word.

Spike just wanted to kill him, the bastard. "It's none of your business... Angel."

Angelus growled at the use of his soul having name. "Don't call me that, Boy. You might as well go, I mean, I wouldn't want to disturb you. You know how loud Dru can be when she's being pleasured. Actually, I guess don't." Angelus smiled at his words and then walked away leaving a seething Spike behind.

Spike hands tightened their grip onto the wheelchair. "Well, then," He whispered. "I guess I'll just go see how the slayer is doing then."


*+*+*+*+*+


She heard him before she saw him. Her body was turned facing the wall away from the door. All she could think about was her upcoming demise. She knew slayers died young, but still she thought. *I'll never be ready. I'll never see it coming.* What would happen to Sunnydale if she died. Sure another slayer would be called, but would she come here? And what about Giles? Would the council punish him for her death? And her friends, oh, god, Willow and Xander. The only true friends she'd ever had. Would the Hellmouth swallow them if she wasn't there to protect them?

She never had time to answer these questions because the door opened and there was pike. Only something was wrong with the picture, something, missing. And then it came to her.

Spike stood before her on his own two feet. In all his glory he stood there, relaxed, his hands in the pockets of his tight black jeans. He only wore a black t-shirt that contrasted with his platinum hair. His hips jutted out and he stood there with a superior look in his eyes and a slight knowing smile on his face.



Chapter Two

Buffy tugged on the chains and glared at him. “You.. “ She said menacingly.

Spike arched an eyebrow and walked closer to her. “Yeah, me.”

Buffy gave the chains one last hard pull. “What the hell do you think you are doing Spike?” She said with a tight voice. She could not believe the arrogance of him to kidnap her. Why hadn’t he just killed her already?

“Well,” Spike let out a chuckle. “What do you think? I kidnapped you cause I just love your company?” He said sarcastically. He moved closer to her but avoided her untied legs. “No pet.” He gave her a glare. He sat down on the bed next to her, a hand restraining her legs and another clamping down harshly on the side of her jaw, covering half her face and mouth while grabbing some unkempt hair. “This is...“ He looked into her eyes with his ice cold orbs. “Payback.”

Buffy starred back at him defiantly, he pushed her head back so it slammed against the headboard. He then stood up and Buffy sneered at him. He just laughed at her loudly.

He turned around to leave, his boots stomping loudly. He stopped for a second and turned his head to look at the slayer. *My Slayer* He thought. “Enjoy the stay, ducks. You're gonna be here for a long time.” With that he left slamming the door behind him.

Buffy glared at the spot where he had stood. Her cheek tingled from where he had touched her. “No,” She said softly. “I won’t be here long at all. “With that she snapped on of the chains that held her right wrist.


Chapter Three

The sun stretched along the horizon, lazily making its way across the afternoon sky. Willow and Xander entered the Sunnydale High School library at lunchtime after getting out of third period. Willow was laughing at a stupid joke of Xander's when Giles appeared.

“Hey G-Man!” Xander said happily. He looked around and rubbed his hands together. “So where’s our little class skipper today? I mean, okay, I get her being the chosen one and all, staying up late, ridding the world of some unspeakable evil, but we’re slayerettes, shouldn’t we get to skip class and say all together school too?”

Giles and Willow just looked at him for a moment then mentally shook their heads ignoring the fact he spoke, like the usually did.

“So Giles, any new evil this week?” Willow asked eagerly, while putting her books down on the library table.

Giles took off his glasses and cleaned them. ”W-well, yes, actually.” He put his glasses back on and he paused to look at the door. He looked back to Xander and Willow seeing for the first time there was something- well someone- missing. “Where- where’s Buffy?” Giles asked them.

Willow and Xander exchanged anxious glances. Willow turned back to Giles, a worried look marred her features.

“You mean.. She hasn’t been here with you all morning?” She asked.

Giles looked at her expectantly. “Well, no. She didn’t check in last night after patrolling and well, I wasn’t worried because she never does, but I haven’t seen her at all today.”

“Maybe she just stayed home sick? Of course she’s probably faking it. Probably that think slayers get- P.M.S.” Xander said.

“Xander,” Willow replied while rolling her eyes. “All girls our age get that!”

“Oh.”

Giles stood there uncomfortable at the talk of women’s menstrual cycles. “Yes, well.. “ He stuttered. “That’s a-all good, but why doesn’t one of you call her?”


*+*+*+*+*+


In the dark room of her confinement Buffy stood staring at the door. She had already tried to open it using her slayer strength but unfortunately, her strength was depleted. She was starving and dehydrated and she stalked the room like a crazy woman. Which she was slowly turning into. Why hadn’t Spike tried to kill her yet? What was he waiting for? *To break me? He’s never going to break me.*


*+*+*+*+*+


Spike laid in his bed thinking of the slayer. His mind wandered to all the times he had fought her. He loved the way she fought. She had such grace and controlled power. And she knew what she was doing, unlike all the other slayers he had met. Met and killed. He thought about it. Killing her. He loved day dreaming, or rather night dreaming about it. Killing the slayer. He thought about the ways he could hurt her, torment her, but most of all, the thought of her wanting him came to him most of all. That would be the greatest revenge- the slayer wanting him over his sire, Angelus. The bastard who had stolen Drusilla away from him. It pained him in ways he could never of imagined before, he could still barley grasp the concept of her leaving him for the poofter, even if Angelina didn’t have a soul anymore. Unable to take the rage that flared through his veins, he got out of his bed. Yes, only his bed. *But soon... revenge.* He pulled on a pair of his black jeans.

Quietly he left his room and crept down the hall. It really wasn’t that dangerous because Angelus and Drusilla were sound asleep like all the other minions around.


*+*+*+*+*+


Letting the phone fall on it’s cradle Willow turned to Giles and Xander who stood next to her in the enclosed space of Giles’ office. “No one picked up at home and her mother said she hasn’t seen her since yesterday. Her mom just thought she was here.” She explained.

“Buffy, here at school.. early? Yeah, right!” Xander said. Willow gave him a look that told him to shut up and then she turned to Giles. “You don’t think anything bad has happened to her do you?” She asked worriedly, but with a little hope, praying Giles would say otherwise.

Giles took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Honestly Willow.. I don’t know. This being the Hellmouth and all..” He paused to put his glasses back on and looked at them both seriously. “It could be big possibility.”

Willow and Xander looked at each other fear written on their faces.


*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter Four

Buffy was still pacing the length of the room when she heard footsteps. Knowing it was Spike she stood so that she would be behind the door when it opened. She waited, her heart beating a million miles a minute. *Oh come on this is Spike, you’ll kick his ass and be home in time for dinner... And Mom to yell at me!*

She stood positively still as the door slowly creaked open. The moment he entered the room she jumped him. Her strength was still so exhausted that he sent her quickly crashing into the wall.

As her body slid down she blinked a couple of times trying to clear her hazy vision. Her body ached from where it had been slammed into the wall. Through lowered lids she watched him come towards her with a cocky smile upon his lips. Too weak to defend herself she tried to flatten her body against the wall. It’s cold grimy surface did nothing to soothe her mind about the monster that stood before her. Her hands clenched together and she started to shake. *This is the end.* She thought. *I never thought it would come so soon.*

She yelped as Spike abruptly grabbed her and flung her back on the bed. Her body unconsciously relaxed at the softness of the sheets, but still she watched his every move warily. He stalked towards the red satin covered bed to where she lay, an even wider smile on his face. She shivered as he spoke in his smooth accented voice.

“I’d never thought it would be so easy. To kill you, Slayer.” He leaned on the bed until his face was a few inched from her. “I’m rather... disappointed. He said softly as he brushed back a lock of hair that had fallen to cover her face.

She started to shiver harder, her body reacting to his touch. “What is your game Spike?” She was confused. Why did he want to play with his food. Why didn’t he just kill her and end her suffering. Ever since her night with Angel that’s all she wanted to do. Nothing good could come from her, or to her. She was cursed just like Angel, the curse of being the slayer and never leading a normal life. She wanted to die. She feared she couldn’t be brave anymore. And she had no one to hang onto. She was the slayer, she had to stay strong. She felt like if she showed her real emotions, her depression, she would be letting everyone down. She didn’t want it anymore, this life. All she wanted right now was for Spike do drain her. Drain her dry. She lifted her head and looked into his eyes. She silently pleaded with him, to end her pain.

Spike looked back at her, confusion evident in his icy blue eyes. *Come on.* He thought. *You’re the slayer. You’re tougher that this! Aren’t you?* Then everything hit him like a tidal wave. His mortal enemy was a seventeen year old girl who had seen so much violence and anguish in her life, had suffered so much loss. The loss of love, her only sexual act and the guy goes scitzo. *Bloody hell Angelus, what have you done to her?* He wanted to end her pain so badly. He forgot for a moment about vengeance and his hatred for her. He subconsciously related to her, the pain, he agony, the loss. Drusilla had abandoned him, and he was left with no one just like her. He gazed quizzically into her eyes and lowered his head to end her pain.

Buffy closed her eyes and relished in the fact that it was finally ending, that all her pain would be gone. She felt lips on her and realized they were on her lips and not her neck. She immediately opened her eyes to find Spike staring at her.

“You..” She stuttered.

“Yeah, me.” He replied softly. Then he bent back down and kissed her again, not caring about her reaction.

As confused as Buffy was she went with it. It felt good to be this close to someone again. She pressed herself harder against him and was surprised to feel his erection. He took her response as a positive enforcement for his actions. He deepened the kiss and slipped his tongue into her mouth, caressing her own with his. He smiled when he heard her moan softly.

Buffy then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back harder and hungrily. She felt and heard him growl in response, his hands lifting up her shirt. She egged him on by lifting her hips so her lower body was tightly pressed against his hardened groin. Her mind was a whirl, focusing only on the moment, the physical aspect, how nice it was to be so close to another body again. It was wonderful, the touching the caressing. She felt like she was in a wonderful dream state. Their bodies flowed together, their tongues battling beautifully for dominance. Buffy brought her hands to Spikes chest, pressing them against his hard body. *Hmm.* She thought. *Amazing...*

Spikes rough hands crept slowly down her sides until they reached her hips. A hand deliberately drifted to her inner thigh. The other hand went to the top of her pants, he deftly undid them and slid his hand inside to her panties. Buffy moaned at his cold touch, wanting more. Spike chuckled as he maneuvered a long finger into her, excited to heel her dampness. “Wet for me already, eh, luv?” Spike whispered in her ear seductively. It would have turned her on. If she hadn’t of realized what she was doing. And who she was doing it with.


*+*+*+*+*+


Chapter Five

Xander paced the length of the library, glancing at Willow and Giles.

“Xander! Will you stop it! You’re driving me crazy.” Willow called to him. It was now evening and there was still no word from their MIA slayer. None of them could think straightly and they all shard the feeling of fear and worry.

“What the hell am I supposed to do?” Xander yelled at her.

Willow stared at him with eyes shocked.

“God, Will, I’m so sorry.” He wrung his hands and looked at the floor. “I just, I’m so scared about Buffy, and I don’t know what to do. I’m sorry I took it out on you.”

Willow smiled. “It’s okay.” She said accepting his apology. “I don’t know what to do either.”

Giles stood up from his chair needing release from the tension. “I just hope she can protect herself/”

“This is Buffy.” Xander said strongly. “She can hold her own. She’ll be okay.”

Willow smiled him relief flooding through her as she realized he was right. The she frowned suddenly. “What about her mom? She’ll realize something is up if Buffy doesn’t come home soon.”

“I suppose you could tell her she’s staying at your house for some studying.“ Giles answered.

“Yeah. She could believe that.” Willow replied.


*+*+*+*+*+


“Get.” Get. “Off.” Off. “Me.” Me. “Get me now.” Get off me, Spike. “OFF!” Buffy said struggling. Now. Now. Now. Get off, wrong, this is wrong. She pushed at Spike again and he let go.

“What’s the matter, Slayer?” Spike growled. His eyes focused in the dark at her.

Oh how Buffy wanted him so much. She wanted to devour him. But she couldn’t, could she? “Spike. Get off me. Now.” Buffy repeated glaring at him. She couldn’t believe that had made her feel that way, her enemy! Spike! Oh but he was so gorgeous. She had always known he was, and her whole body wanted him. She didn’t want him just sexually either, she wasn’t that type of girl. She wanted to mean something to him, that’s what made a connection so exciting, so real. She didn’t know why she felt this strongly. Maybe because it had been so long since she had anyone to hold her and want her. But she didn’t want it to be just a sex thing and she knew that’s all Spike cared about.

Spike stared at her curiously. He just been... kissing her? *Yes and I liked it, no, I loved it.. God I want her.* He thought. Neither of them moved. They just stared at each other, sizing the other up. Finally Spike pounced off the bed and ran out of the room.

Buffy sat barley breathing, trying to collect herself. She stood and slowly mad her way to the door. She looked out and saw stairs leading up, the door at the top of the stairs stood open. She easily crept her way up listening for any sounds of movements. Buffy reached the top of the stairs and saw nothing moving, stepping into the room she realized she was in a crypt. *Ew.* She thought. *Gross.* She found her way to the main door and opened it to reveal a very familiar Sunnydale graveyard. *Now if only I don’t get attack again on the way home...*


*+*+*+*+*+*


Buffy entered her house on Revello Drive and softly closed the door behind her. She groggily made her way up the stairs to her bedroom, wanting to get out of her majorly dirty clothes and take a nice hot long shower.

“Buffy!” Her mother yelled at her. Frowning and not wanting to deal with her mother blowing up at her she turned around... to a very smiling mother.

“Hey...” Buffy started.

“I thought you were spending the night at Willows tonight?” Joyce asked her.

“I-I was? I was. But, I ended up not feeling too well,” Buffy frowned again and then raised her eyebrows and shrugged. “Must of been something I ate.”

“Oh, okay honey. “ Her mom said.

Relieved her mother had bought her story, Buffy went quickly to the bathroom to shower.


*+*+*+*+*+


Buffy stepped out of her tattered clothes and pushed them aside with her foot. As she got under the hot water of her shower she tried to forget the past 24 hours. She rubbed her skin down with the soap trying to rid herself of the dirt and of Spikes touch. But she couldn’t. All she could see when she closed her eyes was Spike touching and kissing her.

Tired and fed up, Buffy finished her shower. Soon after she was ready for bed when she realized she hadn’t talked to Willow, Xander, or Giles. Figuring Willow would be home she called her house, but she wasn’t there. The same thing happened when she called Xander. Finally she called the school library hoping they were there. She was thankful when Willow picked up, she would be the calmest to deal with out of the gang.

“Hey Will!”

“Buffy?!” Willow squealed on the other line. Buffy heard Giles and Xander scrambling to get to the phone in the background.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Where are you? We’ve been so worried-” Willow started. Buffy could hear Xander asking questions. “Xander- hold on. What happened?”

Buffy sighed and flopped down on her bed. “Listen Willow, I’ve been through a rough day, but, I am okay. Just really tired.”

“But what happened Buffy?” Willow repeated.

“Listen, I really don’t want to go through it right now-”

“But-”

“Please Willow? I’ll be at school tomorrow and I’ll tell you guys all about what happened then okay? Please?” Buffy waited for her friend to reply, trying to keep her eyes open.

“O-okay Buffy. We’re just really worried.” Willow said.

“I know. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”


*+*+*+*+*+


“Okay.” Willow said and hung up the phone. She turned around and looked at the two men staring at her.

“Well?” Xander asked expectantly. “What’s going on?”

“She said she was tired, but she’s fine. She just didn’t want to talk about it now.”

“Fine?! She just disappeared! She didn’t say what happened?!” Xander asked frantically.

“Calm down Xander. Yes, she’s fine.”

“But Willow,” Giles said, again cleaning his glasses. “Did she give any indication as to what happened?”

“Only what I already told you guys. Now let’s just go home and get some sleep, okay?”


*+*+*+*+*+


Spike stalked across his room like an animal. He felt so foolish. What was he thinking, caring about the slayers feelings.. and feeling for her! What did he care about the damn slayer? Nothing! She was just his weapon to get back at his sire. Furious, Spike viciously growled, vamp-faced and threw a chair at a window effectively breaking it.

He stood in the middle of the room his hands pressed to his face, trying to calm himself. A light knock sounded on his door. He stood still for a moment contemplating whether to tell whoever it was to fuck off or not, but he only sighed and shook his head. He sat upon his wheelchair and rolled to on the stone floor and opened the door to reveal Drusilla standing there patiently, her eyes glazed, almost as if he had forgotten what she was doing.

She barley paid him any attention, except to make sure he was being fed. *Fed!*
He thought ridiculously. *They do think I am a caged animal, a caged wounded animal!* Little did they know he filled his belly every night with the blood of his many victims. *And I do it on my own two feet too!*

“Spike,” Drusilla started. “Won’t you entertain me?”

Spike squinted at her confused. Since when did Dru ever care for his company ever more? *Not with bloody Angelus around...* “Luv, where’s Angelus? Isn’t he gonna take you out to feed?”

“No!” Drusilla pouted playing with the lace of her dress. “He wants to go out alone. He’s been doing it so much of late. I don’t like it. Thinks I don’t know what he’s doing, but I know.” Hey eyes flashed yellow with jealousy.

“And what is he doing pet?” Spike asked playing along, not that he cared what the great poof was up to.

Drusilla's eyes burned with hatred. “He goes to her!”

“Who?”

“The awful slayer! He plays games with her, but he never lets me play!”

Spikes hands gripped tightly onto his wheelchair. Angelus was seeking Buffy out. He was going to see her. Something dark grew in Spike, it grew bigger until he felt he was going to explode.

I just wanted to say thank you for the reviews and that, all the story above this had already been written so the rest might come a little slower, and I might not know exactly where this is going.. but I’ll try to get it out with hopefully longer chapters if I can.. lazy =). Any suggestions are welcome.

Chapter Six


Buffy kept twisting and turning in her sleep no matter what she tried her body could just not seem to get comfortable. In her dreams she felt a haunting presence watching over her as if she belonged to it as if it was her owner. She wanted this attention, yet she wanted to run hide at the same time. She felt a rough hand touching her face and her name being called.

“Buffy..”

She turned around to face the voice and saw Angel standing before her in a cloud of haze. He reached out his hand as if asking for her.

“Buffy, I’ve been looking for you..”

“ I’ve been right here.” She said to him.

“You were gone, I couldn’t fine you. Where have you been?”

“Angel, I’ve been right here.”

“Buffy.” Another voice called. Her head turned to catch the second person calling her. What was going on..

She awoke suddenly breathing in shallow gasps, the cold sweat penetrating all over her body. She stopped breathing when she saw him sitting before her.

“I was wondering how long it was gonna take for you to wake up. I’m kind of disappointed, I thought you would of sensed me.” Angelus’ cold eyes stared at her. It was the same face from before. Except for the eyes.

Buffys body stiffened against the headboard. She couldn’t believe that she had not realize that he was here. In her room. “What the hell do you think your doing here?” She said clenching her jaw.

“Aw, my love, are you not happy to see me?” He asked mockingly. He out a hand and brushed a stray hair off her face. She stayed frozen in her position. “I was just thinking that maybe I haven’t been that attentive, that’s all.”

“Are you crazy?!” She got up out of her bed pulling her sheet with her. “Get out of my house right now!” She pointed to the window and edged closer to the door.

“Now Buff, is that anyway to treat your boyfriend?” He asked snidely. Never breaking his stare he walked towards her. “Is that the way you treat the man you love?”

“I don’t love you! And your not my boyfriend.” She replied spitefully.

“Now don’t hurt my feelings!” Angelus yelled in fake anger. Buffy worried her mom would soon come checking on her. Angelus just laughed and came even closer. “Where you been Buff?”

“What?”

“I’ve been looking for you. Couldn’t find you.” Angelus reached to touch her again.”

At first Buffy just looked at him her mouth agape, but then she shoved out her arm slapping him away from her. “Don’t you touch me. Don’t you dare touch me.” She told him. She wanted to crawl to her Angel and pound the hell out of Angelus at the same time, she could do neither. She would just have to wait until she was out of the house to kick his ass.

“I thought you had fun the last time we touched.” He said almost sincerely but not sincere enough. “Oh well, I’m sure I could do better, what do you say a do-over?”

Buffy took all of her strength and backhanded him so he went flying into the window.

“Ow! Ow, how,” He said in a little pain and chuckled. “I’ll take this as a no. But Buffy,” Angelus started. She just looked at him disgustedly and said nothing. “I just hope this doesn’t mean there’s no future for us. I mean, I’d hate for the fact that your a frigid bitch end our relationship.” He chuckled again and Buffy just stared at him in disbelief. “Kisses.” He said and jumped out the window.

Buffy ran to the window to see him, but like always there was no trace. *Stupid vampires and their stupid vampire abilities.* As unnerved as she was so much had happened that her exhaustion just took over and she quickly fell back asleep.


Chapter Seven

The next morning life went on at usual at Sunnydale High. Students streamed through the halls talking and laughing. Discussing everything from who was with who, to who was through with who. Three students chattered happily together as the reached the library doors and pulled them open.

As Willow walked in and put her books down, Giles entered from his office.

“Hello everyone. Buffy, very nice to see you.” He said

“You too, Giles.” Buffy said smiling a little patronizingly, *Of course he was worried, why shouldn’t he be worried, you were gone for over 24 hours.* But for some reason she didn’t want to tell them that it was Spike who was the villain this time. “So, I’m guessing you want to know what happened?” She asked them all.

Xander through up his hands. “We’ve been waiting forever to find out what happened. Or well, since we found out you were missing! But still! What happened?”

Buffy smiled at him. “As you guys can see, there’s no physical danger. I actually, you know, was chasing after this big blue bubbly demons..”

“Bubbly demons?” Giles asked confused.

“Yeah, um, bubbly demons, and they were fierce and chasing me. So, I, uh, I ran. Into a crypt. And hit my head. Ow, it hurt. And I got unconscious. You know how that can happen. So.. anything new? Cause you know how I’m always up for a challenge.”

“Bubbly demons?” Giles said.

“Not getting over that one anytime soon are you?” Buffy asked.

“You were knocked unconscious. Is that why you were gone for so long?” Willow asked still concerned.

“Yeah, can you believe it? But I’m okay. I’m fine. All-good Buffy.” She smiled while lying through her teeth.

“We were just really worried.” Xander said.

“Yeah, I know. And thank you.”

“We love you, Buffy.” Willow said. “Your our best friend.”

“Hey I thought I was your best friend.” Xander said slightly offended. Willow just gave him the shut up look and smiled back at Buffy.

“We were just worried.” Willow said again.

“I know.. so it’s about that time for lunch, huh?” Buffy asked trying to get out of the situation.

“Oh yeah, I thought I heard my stomach growling.” Xander said scratching his head.

“Probably just the hellmouth.” Willow said playfully.

The three students went back out the doors talking gleefully again and went on with their day.

“Bubbly demons?” Giles said.