Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted to write a fluffy one-shot to try to give people something to smile about during such a horrible and chaotic time. I hope you enjoy it!:)
Buffy looked at the pile of bills sitting on the table in front of her and ran her hands through her hair, flustered at the thought of being completely broke.

‘Giles’ money paid off a lot of things, but daily necessities are going to become a problem any day now,’ she thought to herself, tearing up as the financial strain finally began to sink in for her. ‘I don’t know what I’m going to do. Even if I get a minimum-wage job, I can’t pay for everything.’ She covered her face in her hands and began to sob uncontrollably.

It was as the doorbell rang a moment later that she stood up and walked to the door, grabbing the bowl of Halloween candy off of the couch en route and managing to wipe off her cheeks before pulling open the door. When she saw Spike standing in front of her dressed up as Robin Hood, she dropped the bowl, her jaw dropping.

“Oh my god,” she said, staring at him in shock. “Spike?”

“Hi,” he said cheerfully. “How’re you doing, luv?” He noticed her red eyes and instantly frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” she replied, her gaze dropping as she focused on the green tights he was wearing.

‘Wow,’ she thought, stunned. ‘Who knew Spike had legs like that?’ He chuckled when he realized where she was looking, pleased when she blushed and looked him in the eyes once again.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but you should wear tights more often,” she said before giggling. Spike shot her a look before shrugging it off, happy that she seemed to be in better spirits than when she had opened the door. “Why are you here? Aren’t Big Bads supposed to stick to their crypts on Halloween?”

“Had something to give you,” he replied, pulling something out of his pocket but holding it behind his back so she couldn’t see it.

“Do I even want to know?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. “I mean, the fact you’re dressed up in a costume- or at least I hope to God it’s a costume and not a phase you’re going through- is wigging me out enough, but why are you being cryptic, Mr. Hood?”

“Because the Nibblet told me about your money problems and I felt compelled to help out,” he said, shrugging. “I figure I owe you for saving my ass a few times over the years.”

“Well, you saved mine, too, you know,” she said, frowning as he looked down.

“But not when it mattered the most, right?” he asked, and she sighed, looking away.

“I chose to jump off that tower, Spike,” she answered. “You did everything in your power to protect Dawn and I can never thank you enough for that.” He raised his eyes to hers and saw the sincerity reflected in them. “But honestly, I really can’t hold a serious conversation with you right now because it’s becoming increasingly difficult to see you wearing that.” He smirked as she began laughing again, her eyes watering at the edges.

“Fine, I’ll cut to the chase, pet,” he said. “Like I said, I know money’s been tight for you as of late, and I wanted to help out.” He brought his hidden hand into view, allowing her to see the stack of hundred-dollar bills in his grasp. Her eyes widened as she stared at the green pieces of paper, her jaw dropping for the second time since he had shown up.

“Please tell me this is a joke,” she said quietly. “Or a very weird dream, which would explain everything that’s happened in the last few minutes.”

“It’s for you,” he said, extending his hand to her and watching her expression change from shock to confusion.

“Where did you get this from?” she asked. “Please don’t tell me you stole it.”

“I’m Robin Hood- I steal from the rich and give to the poor,” he said, smirking when she took a step back. “Only kidding, ducks. I’ve been around for quite a long time and have been saving money since I was a young lad- obviously I’ve got more money tucked away than I will ever need.”

“Then why do you only have like three outfits?” she asked, tilting her head, smiling when he glared at her.

“Do you want my help or not?” he asked, and she took a deep breath, looking at the money again.

“I can’t,” she said, looking down. “It’s too much, Spike.”

“It’s not enough,” he replied, taking her hand in his and giving her the money. “I’m going to help you and Dawn out until all of this blows over, Buffy, and it’d be a privilege if you’d allow me to monetarily fund you both for a while.” She looked into his eyes and saw a sparkle in them, which caused a weird sensation to run through her. “Please let me, Slayer.”

“I don’t… Thank you, Spike,” she said, her eyes beginning to water as she realized what he was doing for her and what he was willing to do in the future.

‘I guess he really does love me, doesn’t he?’ she thought, finally thinking about the words he had told her a few times before.

“You’re welcome,” he said, managing a sheepish smile before turning to go. She grabbed his arm and turned him around, instantly hugging him and not bothering to hide the tears that were rolling down her cheeks. He raised an eyebrow before wrapping his arms around her, holding her close and kissing the top of her head.

“I don’t think Robin Hood is the right look for you,” she said, looking at him and smiling. “I think Prince Charming would fit better right now.” He chuckled and grazed her cheek. “Thank you, Spike. I know the words don’t mean a whole lot, but-”

“They mean more than you know,” he cut in, and she leaned up to softly kiss him, giggling at Spike’s shocked expression. “So does that.”

“I know,” she said quietly. “And you’re welcome… William.” He tilted his head, grinning. “What?”

“You said my real name,” he replied. “Not something I hear too often.” She nodded and looked down, taking a deep breath before looking at him again.

“Will you do me a small favor?” she asked, and he nodded, willing to do anything for the woman standing in front of him. “Can you stay until Dawn comes home? I don’t think taking pictures of your outfit will capture everything properly.” He narrowed his eyes at her before laughing and shaking his head.

“You’re lucky I love you, you silly bint,” he said, walking into the house and sitting down on the couch.

“Yeah, I really am.”