Author's Chapter Notes:
Lines taken from "School Hard". I added the tongue piecing just to make the story longer. *shrug* It's kinda sappy, I apologize. If I get around to writing the sequal, I hope it'll be better.
Spike was getting drunk. Well deserved. Two weeks ago, he was in the battle with Angel, Illyria, and Gunn against the army Wolfram & Hart sent after them. Only Spike and Illyria left alive.

He was drinking to his dead friends. Fred, Wesley, Gunn, hell even Angel. Over the past year, they were more civil with each other than they ever were in the 100 plus years they’ve known one another.

Behind him he heard a girl talk to some couple, asking about where a phone was. “I need to call the police. There is some big guy out there trying to bite someone.”

Spike finished his drink, got up, and went into the alley to get the vampire out there.

He found the vamp trying to feed on some co-ed. Spike pulled him away from her and told the girl to run, and she didn’t have to be told twice as she bolted away as fast as her heels could take her.

Spike could’ve easily dusted the vamp, but he needed to take out his aggression on something. Just as it got boring fighting with this not-so-fledgling vampire, he took the stake out on his pocket and plunged it into the vamp.

He was leaning his neck from side to side to crack it and then he heard someone clapping in the shadows. He turned to meet this blond figure who was now stepping out into the light.

“Nice work, luv.” She said with a smirk on her face.

Spike smiled for the first time in many weeks at the sight of her and decided to play along. He remembered this play very well. “Who are you?”

“You’ll find out on Saturday.” She said taking a step closer to Spike. In turn, he took a step towards her.

“What happens on Saturday?” Another step, there was only about 3 more feet separating them.

“I kiss you.” She was about to giggle her brains out because of the way he was looking at her right now.

“That’s not what I said.” Spike finally closed the distance between him and Buffy. “But I should have.”

“So you’re the big champion now a days? I’m so proud of you.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked into his baby blues. God she missed those eyes.

“You know I can’t wait till Saturday for that kiss.” He leaned his head down and brushed his lips over hers, waiting to see if she would kiss him back. She pushed her head forward, giving Spike a clear invitation to ravage her lips.

He instantly deepened the kiss, his left hand holding the nape of her neck while his right squeezed her waist. She moaned at his grip, opening her mouth as he plunged his tongue into her, trying desperately to remember what she loved most when he did this.

Hold on a minute, Spike thought as he pulled back. “What was that?”

Buffy smiled at Spike’s bafflement. “Faith talked me into it.” She then stuck out her tongue, showing Spike the blue stud that was through it. She then played with it, making the metal scrap her teeth, and then stuck it back in her mouth. “You like it?” She didn’t even have to ask, she saw Spike nearly bite his bottom lip off when she played with it.

He was completely amazed at her. This surely was something he NEVER expected her to do, even on a dare. After she asked the question and found himself unable to form any words. So instead he attacked her mouth with more passion than before. In all honesty, he was always curious to what kissing a woman with a pierced tongue felt like. He would never say that out-loud, he had a reputation to protect. And as he thought, kissing Buffy now was twice as amazing as it was before.

Before she even realized it, her back was up against the building wall and Spike was pressing against her in all the right ways. God she missed this. She wanted to do this after he got his soul back but she wasn’t 100% sure if he still loved her after that. Also she didn’t want to ruin the friendship that grew because she was lusting him. Not again, never again, was what she repeated to herself that last year on the hellmouth. They were so close when she came back, but she ruined that by kissing him and denying it happened, by having sex with him and treating him like a toy. By denying her feelings for him, something she also denied to herself.

God he missed this. Her scent, her flavor, her skin, and now that stud. He was trying so hard not to get too carried away. After he got his soul back, he didn’t want to ruin what they had built in friendship with sex. Not again. After she kissed him, after the first night they had sex, the only thing that was on his mind was how to get her with him again. His hunger for her took over his mind, not letting him see how much pain she was in and that he was half the cause. A hunger that only increased when she denied him that feeling of being with her.

Now she was in his arms again, willingly giving in. This all seemed so familiar. Her back against the building wall, his body pushed up against her. Then memories and emotions from that year came flooding back to him and he yanked himself away from her lips, away from her body. He tried not to look at her, didn’t want to see what was lurking in her eyes.

She had no idea what was happening. Why did he pull away, she puzzled. Then it was all too clear at the look on his face. Pain, shame, self-hatred, the same face she saw when he retreated into the church. Oh God, I did it again, she mentally kicked herself… hard.

“Spike? You Ok?” She slowly walked over to him, reaching out her hand to touch his should but still questioned whether she should touch him or not. He didn’t say anything and she finally decided to rub her hand in circles on his shoulder. “Do… do you still love me?” She forced the words out, trying not to sound too desperate and failed miserably.

“What?!” Spike finally stood up straight and looked into her eyes. “Why would you ask that?” He saw her shaking, and he then realized that the answer to her question wasn’t completely obvious to her. He calmed down and put his palm on her cheek, “Of course I love you. I will always love you.”

She leaned her face into his hand, such a comforting touch. Then she started to giggle, causing Spike’s scarred eyebrow to rise but a smile to form as well. “Sorry. I swore I would never to get extremely sappy ever again.” Her words cause them both to start laughing. Spike then tilted his head forward to rest his forehead against hers. “I love you too, you know.”

“You do?” He said, never moving away from their current position, he just opened his eyes wider.

“Of course I do. You think I would fly almost half way across the world for just anyone?” She moved her head back, trying to regain eye contact so he could she was serious about her feelings. He looked at her in awe, his hand that was on her cheek moved back to the nape of her neck and pulled her in for another kiss.

She gasped at his suddenness, but quickly caught on and placed her hands on both sides of his face to deepen the kiss.

After quite a while they broke contact and stared at each other with dilated eyes. “So…” Buffy said breaking the silence, “where you staying?” She so hated that she sounded so nervous.

“Oh? I’m… I’m just a block away from here.” He answered, matching her nervousness.

“So… what are we waiting for?”

THE END… FOR NOW.